Windows Support Forum

Huawei 3G modem error 31: A device attached to the system is not responding

Q: Huawei 3G modem error 31: A device attached to the system is not responding

I have Windows seven alien ware on my pc and my g3 hauwei modem continues to give me the message error 31: a device attached to the system is not functioning. when i try to connect

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Huawei 3G modem error 31: A device attached to the system is not responding

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Huawei 3G modem error 31: A device attached to the system is not responding

Error 31 means that Windows can't load the 3g modem driver. Are you running Windows 7 64-bit? What is the model number of the hauwei modem? Please be aware that there might not be a hauwei modem driver available for Windows 7...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/huawei-3g-modem-error-31-a-device-attached-to-the-system-is-not-responding.163138/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi guys, since 2 nights ago i began having problems with my PC and wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem before and has a solution.

So whenever i try to open up any .exe files, any programs including web browsers i will receive this message/error "A device attached to the system is not functioning".

What i have tried recently is the disk cleanup feature which said the hard drive was fine, cleaning up the insides of the case(dust) and also unplugging and re-plugging the cables of the hard drive.

I'm all out of ideas, what do you guys think? Will reformatting work? Or do i need to replace the hard drive? Or any other solutions...

Also if you need any other information feel free to ask, thanks in advance guys.

A:Error : a device attached to the system is not functioning

Hi, welcome to the forums, use event viewer for more info on this, under system log. Post back with what you see for more advice.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/error-a-device-attached-to-the-system-is-not-functioning-652512.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello,
I got a new HP desktop computer with Windows 8.1 preinstalled. After setting up, I tried to copy a file from my android phone using a USB cable to my documents but I keep getting the error message "A device attached to the system is not functioning".
The devices connected with USB are just the keyboard and the mouse and I have tried removing them to know of the problem will stop but it didn't. I have also checked my device manager for flagged error but everything seems in place. I don't know what else to do.
I need help to resolve this.
Thank You

A:Error: A device attached to the system is not functioning

Did you set MTP for the transfer protocol?

Unlock your device’s screen.
With a USB cable, connect your device to your computer.
Swipe down from the top of your device's screen to see your notifications.
Tap the USB for... notification. Then tap Transfer files (MTP).
A File Transfer window will open on your computer. Use it to drag and drop files, just like with other external devices and storage.
When you're done, eject your device from Windows.
Unplug the USB cable.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/617780/error-a-device-attached-to-the-system-is-not-functioning/
Relevancy 77.4%

Every time I try to load certain programs, i get the error message: a device attached to the system is not functioning'. I tried ressetting back to my last restore point but to no avail. I'm seriously thinking about just restoring the whole computer but i dont want to lose the programs that i cant replace.
Any help you give me would be appreciated.

Relevancy 76.54%

I have a Mac Server with a Drobo as a Network share. When I try and map it as a drive in Windows 7 I keep getting 'Device attached to the system is not functioning' this happens when I use either the full server name or the IP address. Sometimes It'll prompt me for a username and password, I'll login as Admin then I'll get the message again. I've attempted to map it with Net Use but I get errors 59 or 1709.

I've checked the Security Policies which I have it set to 'Send LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated' and the only Firewall turned on is the default Windows one

I can't see anything under Eventvwr as such so I'm unsure what to do next

Any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-mapping-drive-device-attached-to-the-system.1100969/
Relevancy 75.25%

I have a couple of A Center Windows device on not to Security system Cannot is functioning & attached error turn the problems I get an error message saying the Windows Security System can t be Cannot turn on Windows Security Center & A device attached to the system is not functioning error started - had this for a couple days Cannot turn on Windows Security Center & A device attached to the system is not functioning error and when Cannot turn on Windows Security Center & A device attached to the system is not functioning error I try to open DisplayFusion I get a popup error saying A device attached to the system is not functioning - only started today reinstalled did nothing I did have a Google redirect problem that has gone after running FixTDSS - DisplayFusion error started after this redirect problem cleared I have run a full scan with Malwarevytes and Avira AV which has found no problems chkdsk has found no problems either I have once previously experienced the Security Center problem but that time it was accompanied by a BSOD problem which thankfully is not happening this time Running bit OS so don t have a GMER log DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Jeremy at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT AV Avira Desktop Disabled Updated F B DE -C B - C F- EFF- C BD D C C SP Avira Desktop Disabled Updated D AAC -E E- B - F- F C DA SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files Common Files Logishrd Bluetooth LBTServ exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system rundll exe C Windows SysWOW rundll exe C Program Files x Common Files ABBYY FineReaderSprint Licensing NetworkLicenseServer exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x ASUS AsSysCtrlService AsSysCtrlService exe C Program Files x Autodesk Content Service Connect Service ContentService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files x Common Files MAGIX Services Database bin FABS exe C Windows SysWOW lkcitdl exe C Windows SysWOW lkads exe C Windows SysWOW lktsrv exe C Program Files x National Instruments MAX nimxs exe C Program Files x National Instruments Shared Security nidmsrv exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files x ASUS TurboV EVO TurboVHELP exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files x National Instruments Shared NI WebServer SystemWebServer exe C Program Files x National Instruments Shared Tagger tagsrv exe C Program Files Common Files Nitro PDF Reader NitroPDFReaderDriverService x exe C Windows SysWOW PnkBstrA exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x National Instruments Shared NI WebServer ApplicationWebServer exe C Program Files x National Instruments Shared mDNS Responder nimdnsResponder exe C Users Jeremy Local Settings Apps F lux flux exe C Program Files x IVI Foundation VISA WinNT NIvisa niLxiDiscovery exe C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Program Files x ASUS TurboV EVO TurboV EVO exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe ... Read more

A:Cannot turn on Windows Security Center & A device attached to the system is not functioning error

Oops, forgot to attach Attach.txt Here it is.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/447742/cannot-turn-on-windows-security-center-a-device-attached-to-the-system-is-not-functioning-error/
Relevancy 71.81%

I noticed an unknown device now disabled that was connected via ethernet cable to my wire gateway router modem The thing is i only have one working laptop that connects wirelessly and on one occassion days ago i used ethernet cable These events where on my router modem homepage but a third one quot unknown device quot via ethernet cable i do not know where it came from I ve never seen this before because I routinely check my router modems homepage and i never saw this unknown device ever It just popped up today I called ATT and they said they cannot verify what type of device it device homepage? router/modem attached to unknown was or when it was connected or how long it was unknown device attached to router/modem homepage? connected The only thing they can verify is that it was connected using ethernet cable Is there another way to figure out what this device is I am thinking it could be a router modem glitch but then again i live in an apartment and i wasn t home yesterday so you know just taking extra precautions and everything nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-device-attached-to-router-modem-homepage.973287/
Relevancy 71.38%

I just figured out the reason for and solution to the Vodafone Spain USB internet stick error message RAS Error I wanted to share it with you guys because i searched all over internet to find a solution and all I got was thousands of other people that was as Error 635" "RAS The USB message Modem solution on to Error (Vodafone) Huawei K3765 confused as I Vodafone Spain was not very helpful The solution to Error message "RAS Error 635" on Huawei K3765 USB Modem (Vodafone) of course if I could speak the language that might have helped and it seemed impossible to gain any information om how to solve it I read about other people that had like me formated the HD and re-installed everything with no change in the result The message simply wouldn t go away There is even a thread about this on this forum but it is closed now The solution to Error message "RAS Error 635" on Huawei K3765 USB Modem (Vodafone) so that s why I made a new one Now here is the solution Pay your bill Whats normal in Spain is that the companies like Vodafone have an automatic payment agreement with you That means that they don t send you an invoice but simply just take the money from your account every month Now if there is not enough money there they don t bother to tell you The just assume that you don t want to use their product anymore and then simply turn of your SIM card The RAS error message is an error message that basically says that your SIM card is not working with the server at Vodafone So now that you know that the hard part is beginning How to pay your bill First of all go to your bank and fill up your bank account Next you need to know the amount you are owning them which changes every day due to interest - which means you should pay the same day you get the amount unless you want to start it all over again You also would like to know a few more thing Let me summon this a The amount you own b Their bank account c The reference number of the payment To get this you need to call them Now this is quite a challenge First of all you need someone that speaks Spanish Then you need their telephone number which can be found at your vodafone program you use to connect to internet That s the Vodaphone Mobile Conect Lite In the Help menu click Support Note You can NOT call their support unless you have a Vodafone SIM card in your telephone Moviestar Telefonica and so on would simply be refused Yeah I know Note Before you start have a pencil and paper ready you will probably get - different phone numbers to call which or of them simply do not exist So you will have to call the support again At the end it IS the support that have the information you need You just need to find the right guy or girl on support Don t bother calling the numbers they give you just call them up again and talk to someone else Note They charge you quite high per minute I ended up paying euro in phone bill to get the payment information on a vodafone bill of euro Not to mention the hours I wasted listening to their stupid elevator music Sometimes they makes it very simple for you When you inform them that you now have filled up your bank account they simply take the money you own them and everything is back to normal The next bill will be automatically withdrawn from your account providing there is enough But you probably have learned from this by now And you will be back online within hours The next day you try connecting as usual until the RAS error message magically disappears But other times you might have to go to the bank and pay the bill using the information you gathered in step above Personally I managed to pay through my internet account Hope this was to any help Let me know nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-solution-to-error-message-ras-error-635-on-huawei-k3765-usb-modem-vodafone.1027692/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi guys Bit of a long explanation sorry hope you can help me I am contracted to Vodafone in Spain for G mobile broadband but their technical support dept doesn t speak English My Spanish isn t good enough to deal with technical questions support although I know my way around a PC more or less but the problem I Modem Huawei (Vodafone) on USB K3765 Error "RAS 635" am experiencing "RAS Error 635" on Huawei K3765 USB Modem (Vodafone) has me stumped I connect to Vodafone with a Huawei K USB Modem Vodafone Mobile Connect software amp drivers are on the dongle which installs when you plug it in Everything has been fine and no problems at all until last weekend when I got an RAS error I get excellent reception the option to connect to G but get this error at every attempt I CAN however connect to GPRS which is extremely slow To rule-out issues with the USB modem I plugged it into a computer at work "RAS Error 635" on Huawei K3765 USB Modem (Vodafone) It detected installed and connected straight away to G with no problem so it isn t the dongle it has to be a hardware issue This is what I ve done so far to resolve the problem - Uninstalled all traces of the dongle from Device manager by removing the following entries - View devices by connection ticked show hidden devices Under PCI Bus USB Host Controllers removed all of the following - USB Root Hub USB Composite Device "RAS Error 635" on Huawei K3765 USB Modem (Vodafone) USB Mass Storage Device Vodafone CD Rom Huawei USB Device USB Mass Storage Device Vodafone Storage Huawei USB Device Generic Volume Vodafone Mobile Broadband Diagnostics Port Huawei Vodafone Mobile Broadband Modem Huwaei Vodafone Mobile Broadband Network Adapter Huwaei Vodafone Mobile Broadband Secondary Port Modem Huwaei Vodafone Mobile Broadband Network Adapter Huwaei Packet Scheduler Miniport Removed traces of the modem from Vodafone Mobile Connect and uninstalled the software Uninstalled all USB host controllers amp root hubs in attempt to reset the COM ports rebooted USB ports reinstall and nothing shows up anywhere for the dongle When I plug the dongle back in it detects reinstalls drivers amp software etc I have the same instances as above BUT Vodafone Mobile Broadband Network Adapter Huwaei Packet Scheduler Miniport Vodafone Mobile Broadband Network Adapter Huwaei Vodafone Mobile Broadband Network Adapter Huwaei Packet Scheduler Miniport So I followed the steps above again assuming I have a USB port conflict and another instance of the device registered somewhere When I plug the dongle into a different USB port the same happens but I get instead etc after the network adapter entries I have tried plugging the dongle into every USB port I have uninstalling deleting the USB Host Controllers amp Hubs rebooting and following the steps above but I can only get down to the for the Network Adapters Can there be another install for the Network adapters somewhere I am missing Is there a way to completely uninstall every trace of the Huwaei dongle and starting from scratch I m assuming that because I ve plugged it into different USB ports there is a conflict somewhere and it doesn t know where to connect I have also downloaded the latest version of Vodafone Mobile Connect Software and the latest Firmware for the Dongle same problem I am using Windows XP Pro with SP Please help its driving me insane Thanks Richard nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

Good afternoon Sevenforums community I should preface my dilemma by stating that I am one of those horrible individuals that register on a forum solely for Tech support never to return again unless a thread title that indicates I may actually be able to assist with my limited knowledge springs into view right away What I am attempting to do Setting up a wifi network with network - B890 Can't drive attached map Huawei HDD to stream files to a Raspberry Pi hooked up to a television set - Can't map network drive - Huawei B890 with HDD attached Thus I need the hard drive connected to my wifi access point Why not just stream it from the PC via the network If I were to leave my computer on while watching TV the sound of the plane-engine like fans FROM HELL keeping my system cool would drown out even the most bass-heavy soundtracks of Hans Zimmer HOWEVER when I am on the computer I'd still like to interact with the files on the HDD - so I have to map a network drive obv So far so good On to the problem at hand I am connecting a Huawei B to an external hard drive Can't map network drive - Huawei B890 with HDD attached When I access the Can't map network drive - Huawei B890 with HDD attached router configuration interface by typing the IP adress into my browser I can register a User and grant him reading and writing permissions to said hard drive I then attempt to map the HDD to a network drive using the windows interface The screenshots stem from a computer running windows - the same problem is present on another machine running windows x though If I use the quot browse quot function - I simply can't find the router to begin with It should be noted that it showed up at one point however when I attempted to access it I was asked for credentials and neither the admin password for the router mind you nor the password I set for quot User quot was accepted Internet works fine I am connected via a perfectly functional ethernet cable ATP IGD is the router When I try manually connecting it ie just putting in the path IP Adress windows returns a message saying it was unable to find the path machine in question the usual x network path not found error Any input Been wrecking my brain and google for hours abusing the CMD to the point where it has incurred irrepairable trauma which is why I actually have the audacity to come here and bother all you wonderful people Is it homegroup related I ruled that one out on principle but perhaps I am wrong I can ping just fine obv PS I hope this is the correct subforum - I reckoned hardware was appropriate because it seemed like a problem relating to the huawei router gateway - and I foolishly posted there immediately editing the topic to ask for removal If I am wrong to post this here I'd appreciate you moving it to the correct place Thanks in advance

A:Can't map network drive - Huawei B890 with HDD attached

Hi from Sevenforums,

On the cd did they have any software to communicate with the router normally they do?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/332540-cant-map-network-drive-huawei-b890-hdd-attached.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi everyone this is my first post here I ve trawled the net Wireless Huawei Router Q: to Belkin Modem feed N Modem Unique via USB Wireless house for Unique Q: USB Huawei Wireless Modem to feed house via Belkin Wireless N Modem Router ages but have found nothing I believe I have a unique situation here and would love some help from some net savvy people I have strong computing skills but keep away from networks if possible Hope someone here can help would really appreciate it Here s my current setup - HP Pavillion Laptop with Windows - Receiving internet from a USB connected wireless modem Huawei model E E It all works well internet is fine I m happy Why I want to share this network connection I have a couple of iphones and a Nintendo Wii and we would like to connect them to the the laptops internet connection Other things I ve tried first I DO understand quot Connectify quot is out there and have tried it but it just fails every time I ve tried it the devices that try to connect all just sit there trying to connect and time out My possible solution found So what I found deep in my cupboards is a Belkin N Wireless Modem Router Model F D - It s a relic from my days of having an ADSL connection This was back in the days when I used to have a physical phone line Ahh they were the days a physical connection to my house Imagine that What I intend to do with the the Belkin relic I want to still receive the connection to my windows laptop as I currently do but have that connection shared over the belkin wireless modem router so that the nintendo wii and iphones can then connect to the belkin and receive their internet The question How can I do it I ve tried so many different things sharing homegroups says I need ipV enabled even though it is in both the Huawei and the laptops wireless connections tried this and that and it then says I have conflicting ip addresses etc etc and I m at a bit of a loss I am quite experienced with PCs being employed in the industry for over years but like I say networks just make me go cross eyed I d REALLY appreciate some help and clarity from someone who might know a possible solution to what I think is a unique question I hope I ve provided enough info if there s anything else you need to know just ask Again thanks for your time to read this and I hope someone out there can help Best regards Rob nbsp

A:Unique Q: USB Huawei Wireless Modem to feed house via Belkin Wireless N Modem Router

You enable Internet Connection Sharing on the internet connection and configure the Belkin as follows.

JohnWill's procedure (Aug. 30, 2008) for configuring a secondary router as a switch and, optionally, wireless access point follows.

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. [You will not need a cross-over cable if one of the "routers" is a computer.] Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unique-q-usb-huawei-wireless-modem-to-feed-house-via-belkin-wireless-n-modem-router.918871/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi,

I can't get my Huawei 169 modem to function in Windows 7, I've tried both build 6801 and 6956 -same result

As soon as I plug the modem in Win7 recognizes it as a usb disk, I can access the disk and launch the on board installer. I've downloaded the latest driver from the Huawei site, but the installer fails with the error "can't find any modem"

If I do a hardware scan in the device manager only the usb disk turns up, but not the modem.

I'm using this modem on this laptop in both WinXP and OSX without any problems, so the modem and PC is allright...

Is there any special windows 7 services that I need to start?

Any help is welcomed!

A:Huawei 169 USB 3g modem

have you checked your device manager if there are any unknown devices
can you also prt screen your device manager...

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/926-huawei-169-usb-3g-modem.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello,

I have a dell inpiron 530 desktop and I recently reformatted the disk and installed the original factory OS. Everything seemed fine until I tried to connect it to the internet. It failed connecting to the internet because I forgot the install the network drivers. DOH.

Ok, so I then tried to install some drivers from a CD; however, every time that I try to boot the driver application, it gives me an error, stating:

"A device attached to the system is not functioning

Could not start up DellResourceCD.exe"

I've been looking around the internet for the past few hours now and I can only find solution applied to different scenarios than mine. So I was wondering if anybody had a resolution for my situation?

Any advice would be much appreciated, thank you.

A:A device attached to the system is not functioning.

I suggest going to Device Manager and checking to see if there are any errors as indicated by a yellow exclamation point. Sounds like the driver for your optical drive needs to be reinstalled.

Note, I would go to the Dell support site and get the drivers since they are probably more up to date than the ones on the CD.

Do you have the Dell Resource CD?

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/296858-device-attached-system-not-functioning.html
Relevancy 65.36%

The problem started awhile ago when i went to open up Google chrome a message opened with the location of file and also a message saying 'A device attached to the system is not functioning.'. After that i started to open up other browsers then i opened up just a random .exe file and i realized that the problems weren't just the browsers and programs is was also use the cd-rom.

please help! :]
thanks

The easiest method to start troubleshooting this is to start removing all external devices.

This means all devices and hardware you have attached to it. This means any printers, modems, external hard drives, flash drives, cd-roms whatever you connected to the outside of the PC, that's what you need to disconnect.

If you see everything is functioning for a few hours or even a day or so, you can start connecting each disconnected device separately for a long period until you have found the culprit.

If you still see the error after disconnecting all external devices, then you need to start thinking about the internals of the PC. Could it be a driver issue, could it be a failing card in the pc etc. Cross that bridge when you get to it, if you get to it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-device-attached-to-the-system-is-not-functioning.1154382/
Relevancy 65.36%

Getting Windows 7 (64 bit) hanging every couple of days - stepping back with system restore seems to clear it for another two days. Event viewer shows a series of errors - including the message 'A device attached to the system is not
functioning' - but how can I trace what this is. Is it likely to be an external peripheral, or an integral part pf the laptop?

Hi,
The following link is for your reference.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc978749.aspx Please remember to click ?Mark as Answer? on the post that helps you, and to click ?Unmark as Answer? if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6dcec17c-2d99-44e3-8895-fbcbbccb53e6/a-device-attached-to-the-system-is-not-functioning?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 65.36%

Tried to open Ultimate Windows Tweaker, which I've used several times, and now I'm suddenly getting an error:
"A device attached to the system is not functioning."

The only two USB items I have plugged in are the mouse and keyboard, I've tried unplugging each and switching to other USB ports, and the error still occurs.

A:Device attached to system not functioning

This is a long-shot, check device manager for any yellow or orange flags.  Is printer also usb, or other, attached?  Any other external device plugged into computer via a non-usb method?  A wild-shot:  an internal device just may have disconnected software-wise.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/594808/device-attached-to-system-not-functioning/
Relevancy 65.36%

when i try to install AVG PC tuneup  i got this message
setup extractor    a device attached to the system is not functioning
what is the solution for this error

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1846d733-f3d2-45ac-96ba-8fd7110ed971/a-device-attached-to-the-system-is-not-functioning?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello I am using Huwai wifi data card from month and till yesterday its worked fine but from yesterday i am getting error while troubleshooting the network quot DNS server not responding quot I already callled my net provider and they are saying from there my net is active responding not data DNS server in card Huawei I DNS server not responding in Huawei data card manually also manually enter the setting of net provider but issue is still same Tried many things but nothing DNS server not responding in Huawei data card going well I have system and i tried this data card on all and even on laptop but problem is same here is screenshot from cmd quot ipconfig all quot ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name savar-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List www huaweimobilewifi com Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device Physical Address - - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d d a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday April PM Lease Expires Tuesday April PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - C- -B - - -B - -EA- F- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Lenovo Easyplus Hotspot Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address AC- - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix www huaweimobilewifi com Description Broadcom b g n Physical Address AC- - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f fae ab Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday April PM Lease Expires Wednesday April PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - C- -B - - -B - -EA- F- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix www huaweimobilewifi com Description Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device Physical Address - E- - F- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c d ed f bd Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday April PM Lease Expires Wednesday April PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - C- -B - - -B - -EA- F- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address -F - -CF-BE- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address -B - -EA- F- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap www huaweimobilewifi com Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix www huaweimobilewifi com Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fb c b b f d f Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe c b b f d f Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap CEAB -DFDA- D - D- DC C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoc... Read more

A:DNS server not responding in Huawei data card

You're showing three connections, and I don't know how to determine which one Windows is using for internet access. Try with just one connection (the one that is supposed to have internet access).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dns-server-not-responding-in-huawei-data-card.1146966/
Relevancy 64.93%

HI there,

please please can somebody assist me. I will explain as detailed as possible what my problem is.
I am using a Lenovo think Centre M57 pc, I installed the new Windows 10 operating system and like it very much, however my Huawei E352 Modem is not working on this operating system but it works perfectly in Windows 7. In Windows 10 it is being picked up as a Memory Stick but not a modem and therefore I can not connect either to the internet. I presume it must be a driver of some sort? If so, where can i download this driver that is needed? Please guys, I really do need help here

A:Huawei Modem not working in Win 10

There does not seem to be any drivers for that modem past Windows 7. You could try installing in compatibility mode.

Compatibility Mode - Use in Windows 8

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/3408-huawei-modem-not-working-win-10-a.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I bought a 3g modem usb it has been installed everything is fine but when i want to connect it sends me a 619 error which states that port has been closed what can i do i have tried even putting into a different usb port and still gives me the same error Please help

A:Huawei 3G Usb Modem E1550

Go to "device manager" (start-run-type "devmgmt.msc"-ok).
Do you have any yellow "!", "?", "Unknown Devices" or "Other Devices"?
Is your 3G modem listed under "Modems" and are there any other modems listed there?
What make and model is the modem?

Is this a laptop? If so try taking it to a different location and see if it connects there.
Or try changing from 3G to GPRS in your software.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/huawei-3g-usb-modem-e1550-501669.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi,guys !
I've got really serious problem with my Huawei SmartAX MT810 modem on Windows7.
I had Windows7 since it's first release in public beta,my modem was working just fine,until these last weeks when it started to turn off by itself .
I formatted my PC to Windows Vista SP1,and it was working,when I upgraded this Sunday to Windows7,the problem came back.
Now,the modem disconnects and turns off every 2 or 3 minutes.
Please help me ?
Thanks

A:Problem with my Huawei modem

I think the best idea would be to try & get hold of a copy of build 7068 or 7077 as they have by far the best device drivers. Failing that you could try searching for the latest drivers (when you are occasionally connected).

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/7235-problem-my-huawei-modem.html
Relevancy 64.93%

hi guys,

I`m looking for driver for this Broadband USB modem E160 for Win XP.

usb\vid_12d1&pid_1003

Can`t find anywhere ....

Thanks and Happy X-mas

Seb

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/huawei-modem-e160.783399/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi Guys I m having trouble with this USB modem of USB Modem Huawei E160G mine I am currently using it in two laptops One using Vista Basic and the other one XP The modem works wonderfully before on both laptop But now it refuses to connect on the Vista The quot Mobile Partner quot keep telling me of quot Connection Terminated quot each time I try to dial it I tried to look around the Huawei support forum And they advises us to do this quot Please operate as below click start and run of your pc input C Documents and settings all users application data microsoft network connections pbk enter then delete the rasphone C Users Huawei E160G USB Modem username AppData Huawei E160G USB Modem Roaming Microsoft Network Connections Pbk for vista reboot your pc plug MODEM and try to dial If the step can not resolve this problem please right click the my computer and select properties click services and search the service named remote access connection manager right click it and select properties click general and select the manual in the startup type item Then click start and OK if the service can not be started please start the below services first Remote Procedure Call RPC Plug and Play Telephony After done this please try to dial again thanks quot Anyhow I m lost at the nd steps As I ve tried st step and nothing happen Tried to go and right-click on my computer There s no services options within the properties gt lt I really need help on this As I need to work with my Vista s laptop more than the XP laptop Thank you very much for your kind attention guys Cheers ps here s the original links towards the Huawei support forum Code http forum huawei com jive thread jspa threadID amp tstart amp orderStr nbsp

A:Huawei E160G USB Modem

and oh...pls do move this thread if I'm on the wrong place..sorry...Thx mods...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/huawei-e160g-usb-modem.129697/
Relevancy 64.5%

I had a system that was infected with Sirefef AB and Sirefef P I removed it seems the infection using Combofix but now I m getting an error message for certain functions stating A device attached to the system is not functioning This is a Widows PC The DDS log is below and attached Any assistance is greatly appreciated device system to the attached functioning- not Sirefef is A DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by serveradmin at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated B A device attached to the system is not functioning- Sirefef BF E- BB- - AB-A A C A C SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated A EAA- - E -AA B- E E EC SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS c Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x LogMeIn x LMIGuardianSvc exe C Program Files x LogMeIn x RaMaint exe C Program Files x LogMeIn x LogMeIn exe c Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted c Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files x Dell Digital Delivery DeliveryService exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files x LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe C Users cbpope AppData Local Sage SlxDesktopManager exe C Program Files x Roxio OEM Roxio Burn RoxioBurnLauncher exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Windows system svchost exe -k SDRSVC C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files x LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe C Program Files x Roxio OEM Roxio Burn RoxioBurnLauncher exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files x LogMeIn x LogMeIn exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report BHO QGate Add-on for SalesLogix Web de c - - f - f-a a e - BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO TmIEPlugInBHO Class CA B-DC D- A - - E FAC - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll mRun RoxWatchTray quot C Program Files x Common Files Roxio Shared OEM SharedCOM RoxWatchTray OEM exe quot mRun Desktop Disc Tool quot C Program Files x Roxio OEM Roxio Burn RoxioBurnLauncher exe quot mRun Client Access Service quot C Program Files x IBM Client Acc... Read more

A:A device attached to the system is not functioning- Sirefef

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/474327 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows, you should not bother creating a GMER log. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GMER logAs I am just a silly... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/474327/a-device-attached-to-the-system-is-not-functioning-sirefef/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello,  I have been using combofix and others on here for years, never had a problem. Last night i ran combofix, adwcleaner, and junkware removal tool.. anyway, now when I try to run QuakeLive i get this error: c:\Program Files 86\Quake Live\Launcher.exeA device attached to the system is not functioning. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the QL client.. same error.  I already posted this problem in the QL forums, and they didn't know so they suggested I come here.  I searched through their forums and these forums, have not found any posts with the same problem.  If it has already been posted, I apologize and would love a link as I cannot find anything.  Any ideas?

I posted the required log files.. and zipped the attach.txt as stated (not sure why it needed to be zipped, it was only 9kb?)

thanks for any and all help with this : )

A:A device attached to the system is not functioning after ComboFix etc

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from HereDouble-click mbam-setup-2.X.X.XXXX.exe to install the application (X's are the current version number).Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.Once MBAM opens, when it says Your databases are out of date, click the Fix Now button.Click the Settings tab at the top, and then in the left column, select Detections and Protections, and if not already checked place a checkmark in the selection box for Scan for rootkits.Click the Scan tab at the top of the program window, select Threat Scan and click the Scan Now button.If you receive a message that updates are available, click the Update Now button (the update will be downloaded, installed, and the scan will start).The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.If potential threats are detected, ensure that Quarantine is selected as the Action for all the listed items, and click the Apply Actions button.While still on the Scan tab, click the link for View detailed log, and in the window that opens click the Export button, select Text file (*.txt), and save the log to your Desktop.The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can also be viewed by clicking the History tab and then selecting Application Logs.Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number).===Download the correct version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM unless specified.Let me know what problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/534556/a-device-attached-to-the-system-is-not-functioning-after-combofix-etc/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello , 
I've made a huge mistake by running Combofix on my own and I never thought it would be threat.
I downloaded and launched Combofix , after a while it was done and suddenly I can't open some applications of my laptop.
This is what I get : 
Translated : ''A device attached to the system is not fuctioning''
What should I do ?
I don't know if I should post this problem here so I apologize if I did something wrong.
Thanks in advance.

A:Combofix ''device attached system not functioning''

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.===Open Notepad and open this text file: C:\Qoobox\Add-Remove Programs.txtThen copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541813/combofix-device-attached-system-not-functioning/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello,  I have been using combofix and others on here for years, never had a problem. Last night i ran combofix, adwcleaner, and junkware removal tool.. anyway, now when I try to run QuakeLive i get this error: c:\Program Files 86\Quake Live\Launcher.exeA device attached to the system is not functioning. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the QL client.. same error.  I already posted this problem in the QL forums, and they didn't know so they suggested I come here.  I searched through their forums and these forums, have not found any posts with the same problem.  If it has already been posted, I apologize and would love a link as I cannot find anything.  Any ideas?Edit:moved from Win 7 to Appropriate forum ~~ boopme

A:A device attached to the system is not functioning after ComboFix etc

Have you posted a topic reflecting your CF log...in the Malware Removal Logs forum here?

That would be my suggestion.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/534550/a-device-attached-to-the-system-is-not-functioning-after-combofix-etc/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi I have a lenovo desktop h to A the system has device stop functioning attached series h Today I reformatted my computer and did a clean install Then I put in the A device attached to the system has stop functioning cd for the drivers to install them and when I hit the setup A device attached to the system has stop functioning exe file the computer comes up with a path to the file name and the message A device attached to the system is not functioning I thought maybe it was the cd player so I copied the cd to the hard drive Still no luck same message appears again I thought maybe it was a driver problem so I downloaded all the drivers and when i hit the exe to install one of the drivers the same messages appears I tried all the exe files i got for the drivers and each one displays the same message I tried searching on google and can t find anyone that has a solution to this problem any help would be greatly appreciated it seems to be only files to install programs because when i hit exe that are already installed they open just fine

A:A device attached to the system has stop functioning

Download again your drivers from here http://support.lenovo.com/en_VN/downloads/default.page?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/465512/a-device-attached-to-the-system-has-stop-functioning/
Relevancy 64.07%

someone can hel me i need the download of modem 3g usb Huawei e1550
i try take it in Huawei co but the site give me invalid after i doing the download it is to windows vista home premium and to windows xp sp1

i solved this problem when i buy the modem 3g usb huawei e1550 i plug and left this play the programm of sun broadband wireless automactily...it is selfrunner

Quote:

Originally Posted by eaglee blue

i solved this problem when i buy the modem 3g usb huawei e1550 i plug and left this play the programm of sun broadband wireless automactily...it is selfrunner

A:modem 3g usb huawei E1550 download

Hi so your issue has been solved

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/modem-3g-usb-huawei-e1550-download-467497.html
Relevancy 64.07%

A friend of mine bought an airtel Huawei EG162G usb stick modem after using it for some months he came to me to report that the modem isnt browsing even though it is connected and the data plan is active. I checked evrything, the only thing I noticed in the diagnostic information is that the MSISDN number is not displayed insted it is displaying unknown.
I have tried to change the firmware by upgrading even downgrading but not working. I even unlocked it so that I would be able to use other types of sim, it's still the same thing. I need someone to put me through on this

Any help will be appreciated

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/huawei-modem-msisdn-unknown.181309/
Relevancy 64.07%

I have successfully installed the modem on my Desktop which runs Vista Ultimate.
I connect my laptop (running WXP) to the d/top using a crossover cable. Although the files etc share both ways I cannot connect to the internet on the laptop. I had no problem with my previous line broadband supply. Any ideas please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hsdpa-3g-modem-huawei-e220.589898/
Relevancy 64.07%

please help me solve win7 crash and death screen when starting windows with huawei usb sticker plugged in and also when i plug the sticker when win7 is running

A:Huawei modem 3G crash windws7

Try plugging the stick into the back off the computer motherboard and not the front I had the same problem with my wifes computer and it fixed it you just got to find the right slot, btw whats in the rar file??

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/72615-huawei-modem-3g-crash-windws7.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi I made this into a Huawei Modem E1550 with Problem multi modem a long time ago worked fine Problem with Huawei E1550 Modem on XP I've now installed Win the modem works fine with Airtel MTN Glo but when I put my Tigo chip in it has a problem There's no need to configure Problem with Huawei E1550 Modem the chip plug and play I also run Expresso modem no problems When I connect it straight away tell's me is disconnecting I set up a new connection after going through the screens try to connect error message comes up Looking on the net it say there's a problem with win amp some say it's the trustcentre set up that's the fault Can anybody help with this problem I've tried it on other machines the same thing it won't run I've update the modem from Huawei site I've now got a mobile partner icon instead of the white Huawei icon I put the MTN chip in connects no problems Tigo same problem I've even got a replacement chip to see if the chip was faulty I have managed to change owner ship of the raspppoe sys as one site said but I cannot find the same file on the disk I have down loaded a copy of the file from http www windowsreference com wp-t raspppoe zip should I change the original file to old and install this new one as they say on some sites thanks in anticipation peteuk

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/32072-problem-huawei-e1550-modem.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi all.

There's been lots of threads about this and a lot of broken links my fianc? has just been given a new laptop with windows 7 installed as a later Christmas present and now we can't run our dongle on it. We've tried following all the advice about compatibility that we've read on here to no avail, and we can't find anywhere to download it either.

Is there any chance that perhaps one of you know a working site, or are willing to post it up onto a share site or anything?

Thanks <3

A:Does anyone have the driver for the huawei E220 usb modem?

Hey, thanks for replying

Tried the firmware update, which didn't work at all. Carried on with the work-around as have tried just about everything else, and it seemed to be fine - right up to the 'Data Interface' that...well, failed to appear. Not sure what to do now - should we throw in the towel and simply get ourselves an upgrade or are there other options open?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/138641-does-anyone-have-driver-huawei-e220-usb-modem.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi All I am facing some hard time installing the driver for my Huawei USB data card It works fine on bit Windows The most amazing thing is it even worked on the bit Windows I have on this laptop but now stopped working I reinstalled Windows days back and tried to install the data card immediately before installing any drivers windows update I was amazed to see that working see attached screenshot quot Successful Datacard installation with new Win installation png quot But after i installed all the drivers and ran windows update the device stopped working I tried to reinstall the driver Huawei driver USB 7 Win x64 on Modem failed installation it just fails to install I am using Huawei EC USB mobile datacard I have used the updated Huawei USB Modem driver installation failed on Win 7 x64 drivers available from both manufacturer's and service provider website Huawei Technical Forum The Driver for Huawei data card or Reliance Netconnect But still issue persists I am sure that some driver conflict is going on but I am unable to trace Any help from anyone will be appreciated Thanks in advance

A:Huawei USB Modem driver installation failed on Win 7 x64

hi arc2006, welcome to the forums , have you tried a system restore prior to when you updated windows? System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/88590-huawei-usb-modem-driver-installation-failed-win-7-x64.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Every time I connect my Huawei Broadband Modem my OS (win8 pro) and try to open a webpage system crashes, and on BSOD it says that error is BAD_POOL_CALLER. I saw this thread and it someone sad that updating device driver wil solve the problem, but it won't work with me. I also tried to uninstall drivers, delete registry keys and evene restore system to a previous state but it wont work. In attachmet are minidump files. Does anyone knows how could i fix the problem? Thanks.

A:BSOD and BAD_POOL_CALLER because of HUAWEI BROADBAND MODEM

Productname:
Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. USB NDIS Miniport Driver

Description:
USB NDIS Miniport Driver

Company:
Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.

The above is the cause of your problems. You can either uninstall the applicable software or go to the website and update driver.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/12216-bsod-bad_pool_caller-because-huawei-broadband-modem.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi all FYI Huawei e g Mobile Broadband USB Stick HP Pavilion dv ea Windows Professional bit The laptop came preinstalled with Vista Home bit and i Freezes Modem e156g Huawei Mobile was able Huawei e156g Mobile Modem Freezes to use the mobile broadband without any issues I have installed Windows Pro in a dual boot config and it runs fine on wired or wireless connections but when i try to use the mobile broadband i run into issues After the modem driver and software Huawei e156g Mobile Modem Freezes install and a few restarts I was able to get all the devices in the device manager to be happy and i was able to connect via the Connect software and access the internet But after a few minutes Windows will inevitably lock up regardless of what program is being used The screen will freeze there will be zero harddrive activity and the only course of action is to hold down the power button The mobile broadbands company site says that the vista drivers should be happy on windows but something isnt happy I Huawei e156g Mobile Modem Freezes really need to resolve this as my mobile broadband allows me to connect to various servers for work via its allowed IP address Is this the modem the USB bus or something else I have checked the event log and there isnt anything useful in there Many thanks Stephen

A:Huawei e156g Mobile Modem Freezes

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />

<EventID>41</EventID>

<Version>2</Version>

<Level>1</Level>

<Task>63</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2009-11-07T16:50:45.722430300Z" />

<EventRecordID>3803</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>Stephen-Laptop</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>
- <EventData>
<Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="SleepInProgress">false</Data>

<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>

</EventData>
</Event>

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/36518-huawei-e156g-mobile-modem-freezes.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello, I am from Australia and have recently installed win 7 on my dell 1440 inspiron laptop
i have no problems until i use my e160g modem on the 3 network , when using this device windows 7 will freeze at anytime, no keyboard nothing , oly possiblity is reset, it can happen 5 times in an hour or not at all , very random, I have tried using the internal wireless card and it works fine for days without any problem until i plug in my huawei usb...i have called 3 network and they say theres no prob...but there is..and others have experieanced it as well. i have the new drivers from the 3 site...can you please helpthankyou...

A:huawei usb bb modem freezin win7 3 net australia

Hi. I'm using a huwei modem from three ireland on windows seven at the moment. It didin't take me too long to figure out how to get it to work. I'm not using an e160g, but this should work right for you.
Uninstall the official three drivers and software
Download Huawei Mobile Partner from here.
Restart your computer.
Open Mobile Partner, Click Tools at the top, then click Profile Managment.
Click New, then save. Close that window.
Click the "Connect" button on the main window, and it will connect.
You can now also connect by clicking the network icon on the taskbar, click "New Profile1".

I hope this helps you with your problem,
fikelfikel

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/44389-huawei-usb-bb-modem-freezin-win7-3-net-australia.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Crashes Blue usb Screen modem with Huawei Graphics Card Intel R G Express Chipset Microsoft Corporation - WDDM Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MSI G M-P MS- Antivirus AVG Blue Screen Crashes with Huawei usb modem Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and EnabledClick to expand I haven t checked the forum for similar posts but as the title suggests I am experiencing BSOD s in ewusbnet sys an integral part of my ISP hardware setup I did a little research and disregarding all the free fix download if you pay for Blue Screen Crashes with Huawei usb modem the fix impressions decided to download the offending mini-port driver s latest version which I did from here and replace the existing in Windows System drivers having renamed the old version My question is will this be enough or will I risk more BSOD s during large downloads nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-crashes-with-huawei-usb-modem.1076539/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello. I've tried to install a MTS 829F (Huawei E3372h) modem but it doesn't get connected with the internet.
I use GTmobile as provider.
The modem states 'connected' and does recieve/sent some KB but on the window toolbar (right under) the network logo states 'no internet connection' (with yellow triangle mark).
What must i do? Please help.

Thank you

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/47027-tried-install-mts-829f-huawei-e3372h-modem.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I currently own a Netgear DG PN and a Huawei SmartAX MT I use the Huawei modem Netgear and Connecting Modem Router Huawei with an ethernet link to my PC to access the internet with Windows Vista Ultimate -bit I want to supply this internet connection to my computer downstairs running Windows XP Home Edition SP via wireless I already own a wireless USB adapter for the computer Connecting Netgear Router and Huawei Modem downstairs I have previously used the Netgear modem router to access the internet on my Vista computer and wirelessly on my XP computer However I found that my Netgear ADSL connection to the internet is not very fast by the ethernet link My question is how can I setup the Huawei modem to the Netgear modem router so that the Connecting Netgear Router and Huawei Modem Huawei draws the internet directly from the ADSL line and supplies it to the Netgear which in turn supplies the internet wirelessy downstairs I have heard of a bridge mode available of Vista but I m not sure whether to take advantage of it Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Connecting Netgear Router and Huawei Modem

Connecting two SOHO broadband routers together.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-netgear-router-and-huawei-modem.600417/
Relevancy 63.64%

I purchased the Huawei EC325 modem from BSNL WLL which uses a USB cable to connect to the PC. My inital reaction was since it was a USB connection and was using a custom software to connect to the net, it would not be possible to connect to the net in Linux using this modem.What can i do?

A:how to connect Huawei EC325 usb modem with Linux

Hi,
Looks like it's possible, guide here:

http://nithinkamath.info/archives/2007/05/connecting-to-net-using-huawei-ec325-on-linux/

With my Huawei, in current version Ubuntu though I just plugged it in & it worked with no configuration needed.

Richard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-connect-huawei-ec325-usb-modem-with-linux.791624/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi there

I am having trouble installing a USB HSDPA/3G modem (Huawei E220) on my PC. In theory, when I plug it in a USB port, it should autorun installation etc as a plug and play device. However, it does not, and my device manager indicates that a new CD ROM drive and USB mass storage device have been added when I plug it in, but not a 3G modem. Neither the "cd rom drive" nor the "mass storage device" can be opened. I tried unsuccessfully to uninstall one of them at a time in device manager. If I try to "safely remove hardware", before unplugging the modem, nothing happens (hour-glass cursor) and Task Manager shows it as "not responding". I am running on Windows XP.

The weird thing is that it installed on my laptop, no problem. Aaaaargh!

Please help.

Thanks
Landrover

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-hsdpa-3g-modem-huawei-e220.585861/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi i used a a Huawei E173 usb modem for the first time 2 days ago. with a few seconds of downloading, the BSOD appeared. I'm not sure what the issue could be. I have tried switching the usb port(front and rear), I also checked the modem's driver. they are up to date.

the error log states the ffg:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000007e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 959C28FF
BCP3: 95DEABA8
BCP4: 95DEA780
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
101311-41687-01.dmp
WER-321750-0.sysdata.xml

I have attached the minidump files - per zip format. please help

A:Huawei E173 USB modem causing Windows 7 32-bit to crash

I don't see any attached files... Are the Huawei's drivers for Windows 7 32-bit, or are they generic?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/huawei-e173-usb-modem-causing-windows-7-32-bit-to-crash.172077/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi

I installed a huawei modem EC221 on a laptop - Windows 7 64bit but I cant seem to get it connected to access the internet???

Do I need to install or update the drivers?

Don't seem to have any problems with 32 bit version but 64 bit is driving me nuts

Would appreciate the help

A:How can I make a Huawei modem EC221 work on 64bit?

Yes, you need to find a driver for your device that will work in 64bit W7.
If the manufacturer did not bother producing a 64bit driver (because the device is old) then you may need to find a compatible 64bit driver - for Vista or XP - that you can install in Compatibility Mode.

Compatibility Mode

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/191134-how-can-i-make-huawei-modem-ec221-work-64bit.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Dear guys,
I bought a new usb modem HSDPA 3G Huawei E 220, and work properly in others, with both Windows Xp or even in Pentium 3 Windows 2000. But a problem occurs in my computer Windows Xp SP2, Intel Core Duo 2.8 Ghz, when I plugged the usb modem not detected as a modem just only "usb mass storage drive" and in "my computer" recoqnized as a "cd drive" not as "mobile connect" (huawei). I have tried to solve in device manager, try to update driver etc, no results. Also repair my operating system from bios.
Can anyone solve my problem, ? Please share with me.
Regards,
Otokits.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-modem-huawei-hsdpa-recoqnized-as-usb-mass-storage-plz-help.628862/
Relevancy 62.78%

Dear guys,
I bought a new usb modem HSDPA 3G Huawei E 220, and work properly in others, with both Windows Xp or even in Pentium 3 Windows 2000. But a problem occurs in my computer Windows Xp SP2, Intel Core Duo 2.8 Ghz, when I plugged the usb modem not detected as a modem just only "usb mass storage drive" and in "my computer" recoqnized as a "cd drive" not as "mobile connect" (huawei). I have tried to solve in device manager, try to update driver etc, no results. Also repair my operating system from bios.
Can anyone solve my problem, ? Please share with me.
Regards,
Otokits.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-modem-huawei-hsdpa-recoqnized-as-usb-mass-storage-plz-help.628540/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi I've been having a number modem ewusbwwan.sys Huawei to 3g 7 refuses on install driver windows of different problems with installing newer huawei g modems on windows ultimate bit Initally the problem surrounded the driver ewusbnet sys which when windows attempted to install it Huawei 3g modem driver ewusbwwan.sys refuses to install on windows 7 would summon a BSOD That particular problem was cast out by newer drivers only to reveal a fault with ewusbwwan Huawei 3g modem driver ewusbwwan.sys refuses to install on windows 7 sys which shows in device manager as huawei mobile connect - g network card amp gives a Code and another unnamed driver which is referred to in device manager as simply Huawei Mobile handing in a Code I have the most up to date huawei g modem windows drivers I can find anywhere In the case of the ewusbwwan sys the driver version is with hardware ids USB VID D amp PID amp REV amp MI USB VID D amp PID amp MI the other unknown driver has hardware ids ofUSB VID D amp PID amp REV amp MI USB VID D amp PID amp MI Since I was getting BSODs with the ewusbnet sys I've taken to using virtual machines to try and get the device s installed I've tried two different Windows ultimate bit builds On these there is no virus protection software I've tried disabling windows defender and windows firewall I've tried different compatibility settings as these devices have no problem working on either xp or vista I've tried installing in safe mode I've ried all these at th same time I've tried deleting upperfilters and lowerfilters I've tried all this with the other intel reg pro network adapter disabled All to no avail I can't find any chipset drivers for the acer aspire one I've tried most of this on I've another laptop a sony vaoi on which I can't install the devices on windows I'm knind of at the end of my tether with this at the minute Huawei g models e cu e and e all display the same symptoms Other earlier g huawei modems such as e or e don't have these problems as I assume they don t use the same driver If there's anybody out there who could offer a few suggestions on how to proceed or on what to try I would be very very grateful Thanks in advance for any help

A:Huawei 3g modem driver ewusbwwan.sys refuses to install on windows 7

Hello and Welcome -There are quite a few topics on the same subject all around Google - None with good answers -Most of them have the same problems that you have, and this dates back about 2 years generally.The general opinion is to refer this back to the retail outlet or in your case, Telstra I would assume.Vodaphone was very bad for these devices, but they were very bad for most problems - Apart from asking here, you seem to have done about all that I would in the same circumstances. I use an earlier version Huawei (linked to Optus) on my Win7 Toshiba laptop, that I have used for about 3 years, and it gives fairly good reception in "almost" all areas, and none of the problems you list  - Have you contacted anyone else about this problem, and have you been given any other answers, or ideas yet ??Huawei Support links on this page What Make and Model computer is this ? What Antivirus is installed ? Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/488708/huawei-3g-modem-driver-ewusbwwansys-refuses-to-install-on-windows-7/
Relevancy 61.49%

I 'm using bsnl huawei cdma modem .I want to use it with ubuntu 8.04.After searching various linux forums I 've reached the stage of modem inialized.Finaly the message from Terminal is "configuration does not specify a valid Phone Number/Login name/Pass word".I have used the same login name/pass word as provided by the bsnl.Also there is a 7 digit phone number for the modem.In /etc/wvdial.conf , as guided by the instructions I used phone number #777.I contact bsnl authorities but they are not response.what is the login name / pass word for the device.please guide me with screen shots (if possible).

A:user name/pass word for huawei cdma modem installation with ubuntu 8.04

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-name-pass-word-for-huawei-cdma-modem-installation-with-ubuntu-8-04.798630/
Relevancy 61.49%

I just tried to install my wireless internet card on Windows 7 (Alltell Huawei EC168) Windows saw the device as a USB memory stick & installed the software from the device for the wireless internet card but after software installation is not finding the device (USB modem). Windows just sits there & says "searching for device", doesn't even give the message device not recognized. What can I do?

A:Windows 7 won't find device:Huawei EC168

Welcome to seven forums Kinser. I would suggest contacting Altel your service provider.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/37828-windows-7-wont-find-device-huawei-ec168.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I'll try to be brief as possible Have a wireless network I was connecting to just fine over the past days Today with no changes to my computer I suddenly get the yellow exclamation mark over the connection and the error listed above when I try to troubleshoot it Weird error Device not DNS is responding or server thing is I can connect to other networks just fine and I'm the only one in the seminar I'm attending who is having this problem Clearly a computer problem Okay here's what I've attempted based on advice I've found here and elsewhere Disabled and enabled wifi adapter Went in to adapter properties and checked to make sure IP and IP were set to Device or DNS server is not responding error quot obtain IP and DNS server address quot were set to automatic They were Went to the command prompt and flushed the DNS Rolled the computer back to a week ago Reset the computer after and None of the above has helped Still can't connect to the network Any other ideas I'm missing

A:Device or DNS server is not responding error

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

In the upper left corner of the Network and Sharing Center there should be a link named manage wireless networks.

Remove the one that you are attempting to connect to.

Restart the computer.

Attempt to connect again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/281976-device-dns-server-not-responding-error.html
Relevancy 61.49%

So over the course of a few weeks, my PC has started acting up. I am really worried as this is a gaming PC. Usually when I attempt to open programs such as windows explorer or steam, they will stop responding. If I attempt to close them, with task manager or not, It will cause my computer screen to go blank. I am also sometimes unable to access my files due to 'An I/O device error'. Also, games such as Call of Duty Black Ops 3 do not start and just crash, whereas they used to run perfectly at 60 FPS. I have also recieved a blue screen of death twice.
It would be immensely helpful for any solutions, as it is becoming increasingly difficult to use my computer and I have to constantly restart it to simply access programs.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/programs-not-responding-io-device-error-4605669/
Relevancy 61.06%

I am trying to find out the cause of this error, problem is it doesn't give the device driver offender.. I have the dump file if needed
A device driver installed on your computer caused the problem; however, we cannot determine the precise cause. To troubleshoot the problem, please see Getting help

A:Error Caused by Device Driver-Dump file attached

Hi gpmartin,

The failing module is Norton Antivirus. I am not convice the culprit is Norton AV. Zip 5 to 6 minidumps and attach them here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-caused-by-device-driver-dump-file-attached.34507/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello all, 1st post so be gentle...

I have been having the seeming usual spurious crashed/ restarts in XP home for some time now and of course the MS report is always the same, Error Caused By A Device Driver etc.

I have attached the last 5 minidumps in the hope that someone will be able to identify the source of this recurring problem.

Thanks,

Axxe

A:Error caused by a device driver messages - minidumps attached.

Anybody able to help with this please?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-caused-by-a-device-driver-messages-minidumps-attached.36643/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hallo I have a Toshiba Laptop with Windows -bit with G Ram I use a Huawei USB E for my internet connection It has been working well for the past years on any computer that I use The USB has been giving me trouble for the past few weeks now but ONLY on my laptop on all other computers the USB works fine The problem is it would stay connected to the internet for minutes then lose connection Then my laptop would not recognize the device I take the USB out put it back in The laptop will recognize the USB and I reconnect but only for minutes then it loses connection again and the laptop would not recognize the device And so it goes on and for about an hour Huawei Internet not USB device properly E367 functioning Then I would be able to connect to the internet but there is no data transfer ie I cannot open a single webpage My internet signal is strong Huawei USB E367 Internet device not functioning properly each time And so Huawei USB E367 Internet device not functioning properly it goes on Huawei USB E367 Internet device not functioning properly for the whole day I ve updated all my drivers for Huawei Toshiba you name it I ve updated uninstalled and re-installed the Huawei device several times I ve used several other USB s in my Laptop's USB ports for my phone other memory sticks other internet devices and my USB ports all work just fine it is only a concern for my Huawei device I don t know what to do Any advice is appreciated

A:Huawei USB E367 Internet device not functioning properly

The following advice from another forum seems to have worked: This problem is related to other posts I have made on this forum, regarding my USB ports, and the internet that doesn't function after 2-3 minutes. It has all come down to one problem, SEE BELOW:

Turn off power saving settings for USB hubs/ports from device manager and see if that corrects matters. I've had Windows do stupid crap with USB power settings before that would constantly disconnect my mouse.Turn off power saving settings for USB hubs/ports from device manager and see if that corrects matters. I've had Windows do stupid crap with USB power settings before that would constantly disconnect my mouse.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/377842-huawei-usb-e367-internet-device-not-functioning-properly.html
Relevancy 60.63%

My Laptop is sony VAIO VGN-NW11S
I recently installed windows 7 32 bit ultimate.
After installing OS & Drivers and using sony vaio update s/w installed max driver updates. But still i have two drivers not installed properly. i cant identify them. cant get drivers for the same.
pasting screenshot for ur reference.

Also attachd is bluetooth driver properties. Bcas of these two drivers yet to be installed my bluetooth is not working properly.

plz resolve this issue at the earliest.

A:Base system device/Modem driver not installed

For the modem you can just install the Microsoft unsupported driver to get you by until you find the correct driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/189921-base-system-device-modem-driver-not-installed.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Install shield : We have built a setup installation with Install shield 10,in which content spreads across 3 CDs.On some machines if I go for a typical installation,I get an error “An error occurred while copying files - A device attached to this volume is not functioning” for 2nd CD and 3rd CD.If I go for custom installation with all the components selected,installation continues properly.This scenario occurs only in some of the windows machines.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/install-shield-10-%C2%93an-error-occurred-while-copying-files-a-device-attached-to-thi.496528/
Relevancy 60.2%

My Huawei E modem was working just fine but now it can no longer operate properly when i plug it into the USB the computer detects it but as it installs the modem drivers I get an error quot The software you are installing for this hardware has not passed windows logo testing to verify its compatibility with windows quot has testing-deveice modem logo cann working-Software not passed windows not 3g Huawei there are then two options stop installation Huawei 3g modem not working-Software has not passed windows logo testing-deveice cann and continue anyway when I click continue it will install the drivers but then i get a yellow exclamation mark in device manager showing Device cannot start code I don't think the problem is with the modem because it works quite fine on another computer My drivers are up to date i have attempted the troubleshooter in Help and support center but non of those options work for me i have attempted a clean boot too but it seems not to fix the problem I had started thinking of formatting my computer but if anybody has a better solution I will be highly grateful my system information microsoft windows xp professional SP -bit Intel celeron GHz GB RAM

A:Huawei 3g modem not working-Software has not passed windows logo testing-deveice cann

The Windows logo test just means the manufacturer has not paid Microsoft to Bless their driver for Windows, you can just install anyways.
Code 10 means that no driver is installed or the incorrect one was installed. However, There is no driver required for a USB Device. This means, that the USB port is providing inadequate power.
With the device attached, go to Start/Run and type devmgmt.msc and press enter. In the Device Manager Is there any devices with Yellow Flags? Or under Universal Serial Bus Controllers is there an Unknown Device? If so, these devices need drivers. Right click the yellow flag and Uninstall it. Unplug the USB dongle from the computer end and restart your computer. When the computer comes back up, check back in Device Manager if there are yellow flags, you will need to download the drivers from the computer manufacturer. If no flags, plug the USB dongle into the Back USB port of the computer (desktop) and not the front or into a hub as these ports are weaker. You should get New Hardware Found and it will load the driver. If you continue to have problems;
Go to Start/Run and type SFC /scannow and press enter. Put the XP CD in and it will replace any missing system files

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/huawei-3g-modem-not-working-software-has-not-passed-windows-logo-testing-deveice-cann-744338.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Connecting through WAN Miniport PPPOE Error The modem or other connecting device has reported an error Any idea what I can do to fix I ve checked the cables tried several times but it hasn t been working at all Modem is Actiontec Model GT WNV Verizon Broadband connection ipconfig release yields these results Windows IP Configuration Host Name butts Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Home Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Home an error. connecting other 651: Modem (or The device) Error has reported Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address BC- F-F - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a f a a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday February AM Lease Expires Wednesday March AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - B- - -BC- F-F - - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap Home Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Home Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Error 651: The Modem (or other connecting device) has reported an error. Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Error 651: The Modem (or other connecting device) has reported an error. Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e a b e b d Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe a b e b d Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled G Windows system gt Click to expand Thank you for taking the time to look at this and help me out nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-651-the-modem-or-other-connecting-device-has-reported-an-error.1091149/
Relevancy 60.2%

When I plugin the internet cable directly through the motherboard's lan it's connect without any problem. But when I try via usb lan or TP-link HUB it says this Error 651 . Is this my computer's problem or isp's problem?? because everything was fine yesterday

I tried reset TCP/IP method 'c:\resetlog.txt'

A:Error 651:The Modem (or other connecting device) has reported an error

Hi Oxy7,

I've found this link. There are a few suggestion for you to try.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/288402-error-651-modem-other-connecting-device-has-reported-error.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hey so I was messing around on my computer that has windows 7 ultimate and downloaded something online and it installed stuff I did not want. So I Uninstalled the software and now I cannot connect to the Internet. I have an ether net cable directly from a port on my wall. When I try and connect it gives an error code 651: the modem has reported an error. Every other item like ps4 and laptop connect to the Internet fine. I'm confused whether when I downloaded the thing it messed with my network settings. Please help and if you need clarification I will give it. Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-651-the-modem-or-other-connecting-device-has-reported-an-error.1132508/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a Dell Inspiron N5010 that runs on Windows 7. I have no problem with the wireless Internet, it works great. However, when I try to plug in an Ethernet cable and go online with that, this appears: "Connection failed with error 651. The modem has reported an error." I have no idea what the problem is or how to fix it as I am a novice. Years ago I was able to go online with the Ethernet, no problem. I bought a brand new cable and even used a usb Ethernet adapter, just in case. That didn't help and that's all I know to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Error 651 modem (or other connecting device) has reported an error.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-651-modem-or-other-connecting-device-has-reported-an-error.1121084/
Relevancy 59.77%

i have suddenly got this message 'one of the USB device attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognise it'. it says error code 43. the usb drives (2 in no.) have stopped working as in they dont recognise the external hard drive
or pen drive.  I have a HP pavilion dv4 series notebook.  the usb drives were working fine - however suddenly yesterday this strange message cropped up. life has taken a drastic turn! please help.
in device status is says:  Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
driver provider:  microsoft
date of driver: 21-06-2006
driver version: 6.1.7600.16385
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

A:error code 43 with message 'one of the USB device attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognise it'.

Hello Linda and anyone else who stops by: 
for anyone having a hp laptop...try this link - it worked for me...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Operating-systems-and-software/usb-hub-error/m-p/142479#M20913
QUOTE START: 
Re: usb hub error

10-23-2009 07:58 AM

It actually turned out to be annoyingly easy. 
I finally managed to track down a web post where someone was having the same issue. Taking their suggestion, I turned the laptop off, unplugged it, and pulled out the battery for a few minutes. Then rebooted and... *ding*... works fine.

Seems there's a capacitor on the usb controller that must store a charge to keep the settings fresh. And unless you drain the charge completely from the board, they can get corrupted. Since I rarely turn my laptop off, it never gets drained. I'd power-cycled
a few times since having the problem, but never pulled the battery. 

I'm glad it's a simple solution, but I have to confess to being a bit disappointed by this.  Seems like this should fall under the "you shouldn't have to do this" category. 
*shrug*

Maybe this will help someone else, at least.
--kevin 
Quote END

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2152f092-001f-4404-8db1-63ec1609e62f/error-code-43-with-message-one-of-the-usb-device-attached-to-this-computer-has-malfunctioned-and?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello I am having some trouble with a Merlin C card which is a wireless phone card device) In (or Error Hardware connecting Modem other modem The service provider is Sprint Wireless Web The OS is Windows XP Tablet PC edition The computer is a Gateway Anyways when I go into the Hardware Error In Modem (or other connecting device) Sprint App to connect I get the message quot Hardware failure in the modem or other connecting device quot I have called Sprint twice twice was transferred to a quot tier technician quot and was hung up on twice I might have thought it was a mistake if it had happened just once One of the technicians before he pretended to put me on hold and hung up on me suggested that I reinstall the drivers I have done this and the problem persists In device manager the modem and the status port for the modem check out fine no question marks by them however when I went into Modem properties and did quot query modem quot I received a message that said Error quot Another app is using this port quot or something close to that So far as I know no other application could possibly be using the port unless it is Windows itself using it Any idea what might be wrong I doubt its the card itself The status light flashes when it is plugged in The computer detects the card upon entry and exit nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hardware-error-in-modem-or-other-connecting-device.180368/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi,I'm using W8.1 for couple days and I connect to the internet using a pppoe connection,at first dial ALWAYS GOT THIS ERROR : "The modem or other connecting device has reported an error"
AT SECOND always works.
I've searched a solution,but no luck...
thanks for any help!

A:The modem or other connecting device has reported an error

The following link is what I find for this error. Windows 7 or 8, the solutions seems to be the same.

Solve: Error 651 with PPPoE connections in Windows 7 [FIX]

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/44424-modem-other-connecting-device-has-reported-error.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I am a little green with PCs but having done a fairly broad search, I am having difficulty solving a friends problem with their modem.

They are using WinXP and have a Lucent Win Modem that keeps reporting Error 633. Severla solutions have been tried to no avail. Other forums I have seen cover the problem but none seem to have a definitive solution for everyone. Perhaps this is expected I guess.

There is one solution I have yet to try but again is not guaranteed as others did not find that it worked.

Run: netsh interface ip reset log.txt

I will report whether or not this works but I am a little dubious having seen reports so far.

I would love it if someone gave a definitive answer on this because if there is one, there are a lot of others out there who would love a solution also.

tia

Regards, nodrog.

A:Error 633: The modem or other connecting device is already in use of not configured p

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-633-the-modem-or-other-connecting-device-is-already-in-use-of-not-configured-p.592242/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi everybody I have a pretty serious problem serious to Errors Virus not system the attached is functioning." device Causing "A enough for me to create an account and post here As listed in this post http forums techguy org virus-other-malware-removal -everyone-must-read-before-posting html Virus Causing Errors "A device attached to the system is not functioning." I downloaded HijackThis and saved a log file which is pasted lower but every other program the post says to download will not open DDS GMER ComboFix and OTL all display an error message that states quot A device attached to the system is not functioning quot It only say this though with specific programs on my system Panda Recovery for instance will not start and shows the error but Malwarebytes and TDSS killer still work Both however have not helped finding the a fix to my problem Microsoft Security Essentials also found potential threats that have made multiple attempts at infection They are Exploit Java CVE- - gen A and TrojanDownloader Java Rexec I This unfortunately is all the information I am able to give you guys I hope someone here can help me with this Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB M Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc PP Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files Tablet Wacom Wacom TabletUser exe C Windows System ico exe C Windows System nvraidservice exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint LBTWiz exe C Program Files Microsoft Xbox Accessories XBoxStat exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer Update realsched exe M Program Files NetWorx networx exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office MSOSYNC EXE C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink InputPersonalization exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil ActiveX exe C Windows explorer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Users Max Desktop HijackThis exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http comcast net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - bf fa-e b - db -af e- d a bfc - no file O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C P... Read more

A:Virus Causing Errors "A device attached to the system is not functioning."

The current state of my system is that Windows refuses to boot. Upon starting the computer I am taken to black screen with a blinking cursor. I have a back up disk that I can boot and attempt a system restore from. I don't know though if this is the correct choice of action. Should I run system restore to try to fix this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virus-causing-errors-a-device-attached-to-the-system-is-not-functioning.1049917/
Relevancy 57.62%

I receive this error message in the Windows System log regularly Device Manager does not show any malfunctioning devices Apparently csvol service is part of HFS for Windows This is a program that allows reading of HFS file systems on Windows I did install that And I believe these Event not the is "A device system 7000: attached ID Event to functioning" ID errors are related to a service failing to start maxView Storage Manager Agent service will not start It is set to 'automatic start' in the Services viewer app However I find that it is not started and if I attempt to start it manually I receive a message stating it started and then stopped quot Some services stop automatically if they are not in Event ID 7000: "A device attached to the system is not functioning" use by other services or programs quot That should not be the case with this service I'd greatly appreciate any help with this - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Service Control Manager quot Guid quot d -a d - - e e- d f quot EventSourceName quot Service Control Manager quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt DESKTOP-NN U lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt csvol lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt lt Data gt lt Binary gt F C lt Binary gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt System Information report written at System Name DESKTOP-NN U System Summary Item Value OS Name Microsoft Windows Pro Version Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name DESKTOP-NN U System Manufacturer System manufacturer System Model System Product Name System Type x -based PC System SKU SKU Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date American Megatrends Inc SMBIOS Version Embedded Controller Version BIOS Mode UEFI BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC BaseBoard Model Not Available BaseBoard Name Base Board Platform Role Desktop Secure Boot State Off PCR Configuration Binding Not Possible Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name DESKTOP-NN U mike Time Zone Central Daylight Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/53764-event-id-7000-device-attached-system-not-functioning.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I am experiencing issues with my small domain setup. Windows Server 2012 R2 and windows 10 PRO domain attached PC's

Any users who are not a member of the Administrators group cannot login with their domain account (A device attached to the system is not functioning.) or access their file shares (invalid folder) even if they have been granted access to the file-shares.
However if I add them to the administrators group everything works fine with no issues.
I have not made any changes to group policy recently and have no idea what has changed to stop regular users from being able to do anything.

It is strange because there is nothing wrong with devices attached to the PC and the folders are definitely valid. It is all dependent on which account is trying to access.
Please let me know if you need further info.

-Lawrence

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d77b4182-ea9c-48cc-ac1d-5d3e46454e10/quota-device-attached-to-the-system-is-not-functioningquot-if-trying-to-login-with-a-domain-user?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 56.76%

I am getting a stop error every now and again: System Error, Event ID 1003; Category 102

Error code 0000004e, parameter1 00000099, parameter2 000ffffb, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 00000000.

Seems to be happening randomly, sometimes it happens regularly, sometimes doesn't do it for hours, doesn't seem to depend on what I'm using the computer for.

I've checked loads of things and can't seem to locate the problem, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction, from my minidumps...

I've zipped up 4 recent minidumps..

A:System Error 1003 Cat 102 - Minidumps attached

Is this what you are talking about?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/920872/en-us

and we have support on microsoft. Please use it before asking us.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-error-1003-cat-102-minidumps-attached.88442/
Relevancy 54.18%

i have windows 7 home premium x64. i installed from disk 2 days ago. my pc is about 3 days old i built it myself. i am getting BSOD at least twice a day i got the error message 'system service exception' i have attached the mini dump files. thanks scott

A:BSOD error code system service exception (attached mini dump)

i have just had another BSOD with error code 'driver-irql-not-less-or-equal. dump files attached

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/213998-bsod-error-code-system-service-exception-attached-mini-dump.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Internet explorer 7 not responding, have I been hijacked?

Relevancy 53.32%

Hi all Recently i purchaced a mobile broadband dongle from on pay as you go i Broadband install Huawei error Mobile installed it on my computer and everything worked fine i then uninstalled the software from the laptop when i stopped using the modem Now i am wanting to use the modem again when it starts to install it comes up with an error message saying The application has a pending Huawei Mobile Broadband install error system reboot Please reboot and restart the installer I have restarted the system on many occasions when it has said this but it wont get rid of the message and wont Huawei Mobile Broadband install error let the installation continue I have spoken to about the problem and they have said that i will need to edit Huawei Mobile Broadband install error the part in the registry that is telling the computer that this software requires a reeboot and then to try installing it again They are not allowed to tell me what part of the registry i need to edit because people have been changing the wrong things and damaging their computers Does anybody know what part of the registry i need to edit to allow the installer to continue The details of the modem are Huawei Mobile Broadband Model E G HSDPA USB Stick All advice will be great Thanks JPLamb nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/huawei-mobile-broadband-install-error.846283/
Relevancy 53.32%

Having trouble at start up very slow and opening IE or any other program also slow I have attached a log please help Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS start up, attached HJT Slow responding, log IE, system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx Slow start up, IE, responding, HJT log attached exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ACS exe C WINDOWS Slow start up, IE, responding, HJT log attached system Ati evxx Slow start up, IE, responding, HJT log attached exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C Program Files Toshiba Toshiba Applet thotkey exe C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files Toshiba Tvs TvsTray exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee HackerWatch HWAPI exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system TPSMain exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Touch and Launch PadExe exe C toshiba ivp ism pinger exe C PROGRA Yahoo browser ybrwicon exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files Wire PortalMon exe C Program Files FilmLoop Player FilmLoop exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C PROGRA Yahoo YOP yop exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exe C Program Files McAfee MSK MskAgent exe C WINDOWS system TPSBattM exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe c program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files The Weather Channel FW Desktop Weather DesktopWeather exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files FinePixViewer QuickDCF exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcods exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcpromgr exe C Program Files Kodak KODAK Software Updater Program Kodak Software Updater exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee redirsvc redirsvc exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN ymsgr tray exe C PROGRA McAfee MPS mps exe C Program Files McAfee MSK MskSrver exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SAService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe c TOSHIBA IVP swupdate swupdtmr exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Applet TAPPSRV exe C Program Files McAfee MPS mpsevh exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech comp hpdarc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http msn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus sbcydsl http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKLM Soft... Read more

Relevancy 52.03%

I am getting more amp non-responding Getting log attached hijack alot Explorer 6.0 of errors, more non-responding errors with explorer Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Getting alot of non-responding Explorer 6.0 errors, hijack log attached Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Norton Getting alot of non-responding Explorer 6.0 errors, hijack log attached SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Common Files Dell EUSW Support exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exe C Program Files Dell Support Alert bin NotifyAlert exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe C Program Files Mail Inspector minspect exe C Program Files Wireless Client Manager CMAGS EXE C WINDOWS System HPHipm exe C WINDOWS msagent AgentSvr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C download HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www excite com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www excite com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www dell com N - Netscape user pref quot browser search defaultengine quot quot engine C A CProgram Files CNetscape CNetscape Csearchplugins CSBWeb src quot C Documents and Settings Rob Application Data Mozilla Profiles default x sh a slt prefs js O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run PCMService quot C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run DwlClient C Program Files Common Files Dell EUSW Support exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run HPHmon C WINDOWS System hphmon exe O - HKLM Run UpdateManager quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray ex... Read more

A:Getting alot of non-responding Explorer 6.0 errors, hijack log attached

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-alot-of-non-responding-explorer-6-0-errors-hijack-log-attached.304161/
Relevancy 51.6%

I m using BSNL EVDO USB MODEM to connect internet. Whenever i start my pc, it auto connect to internet. once i updated windows and restart my PC . this error occured. "Error 633 - the modem (or other connecting device) is already in use" error message when I try to establish a connection in Windows..

Now i have to unplugged the EVDO MODEM CARD and reinsert it to work.. i tried to plugged evdo to another usb port... its work but sumtimes EVdO unplugged automatically ... any solution?...

A:"Error 633 - the modem (or other connecting device) is already in use"

gr8. nobody 2 help.. dont worry i solve it myself..

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/129666-error-633-modem-other-connecting-device-already-use.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I got i/o device error msg for my e drive and i cant eject or open drive,also i cant do system restore can someone help pls.thanx

A:I/O device error can't system restore

hi blazermurda,

presume your E drive is a CD or DVD drive?

doesn't it reset when you re-boot.

in emeregency, most CD / DVD drives have a small pin hole in the front; use a straightened paper clip and insert carefully with gentle pressure until you can feel resistance, push gently - this should eject the tray for you.

lol
Hew

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-o-device-error-cant-system-restore.385498/
Relevancy 51.6%

I am using Windows XP. Suddenly my modem is not connecting. I get an error message-633 saying the modem (or other connection device) is already in use or is not configured properly. Error 633 says COM port in use by another active network. I looked at the modem troubleshooter and it says it is functioning properly but I tried to Query the Modem and it says Port could not be opened. it says it is attached to COM3 I looked under the device manager for the ports and it only shows: Com Port (COM 1) and ECP Printer Port (LPT 1). It does not show COM3. The modem shows it is conncected to COM3. What can I do to fix this problem?
Thanks,
Katrina

Relevancy 51.17%

Seems to happen often. The error code is 28. I know I've seen a few threads pertaining to this particular error code but none of the laptops listed that I have seen are the Lenovo 3000 N200 Model number 0769 laptop that I have, and I would very much like some help with figuring out what driver I need to download. Thank you for your time.

Edit: First Error ID:PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&SUBSYS_382C17AA&REV_0A\4&2C1F2748&0&33F0
Second Error ID:PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0843&SUBSYS_382B17AA&REV_01\4&2C1F2748&0&32F0

A:Yet another Base System Device Driver error.

Hi MrsPandaHat and welcome to W7 Forums

With reference to the following Tutorial: Hardware Identification, the codes you provided yield the following:

Vendor 1180 = Ricoh
Device 0592 = Memory Stick Controller
Device 0843 = SD/Host Controller

Try these drivers:

Device 0592 ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp34501-35000/sp34665.exe
Device 0843 http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45112.exe

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/189426-yet-another-base-system-device-driver-error.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I am really so sorry. Although I have already read all the post against the matter, I think that I have already understand the problem. Of course there is a SD card reader problem (code 28) that I can not by pass. the reason is easy to understand and that's why I am asking for help. There is no way to find out a SD drive that fits. The PC is a Vaio VGN-FW21Z with a 32bit Win7 Home Premium. I have already try several drivers Ricoh (some of them for Vista, using Compatibility installation) and no way. . Thanks a lot.

A:Base System Device error code 28

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums .. Did any of the Drivers Install ? Try the one in the Link below ....

Sony : Memory Card Reader Writer Driver (Ricoh) (SD CPRM)

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/335814-base-system-device-error-code-28-a.html
Relevancy 51.17%

after multiple pop ups that I couldn't close, I powered down the pc, when restarting it will still go to the sony vaio startup screen, then to a black screen that displays the
pci system error on bus/device/function 0200h
I can hit the f2 key and have tried loading default configs...nothing. How do I fix this, I don't want to lose my pics and documents? Thanks, Jessica

A:pci system error on bus/device/function 0200h

ERROR RESOURCE CONFLICT PCI SLOT 01..... RESOLVED 100%!!!!!!! RESOLUT A 100%!!!!!!!
ACER ASPIRE 5100 ​After triying every thing for many days, Restoring, reinstalling windows, Flashing the bios, reset & changing memory card, changing network card, changing boots orders, I finally found the solution: IT'S A VIRUS!!!
I used Avast Free Antivirus:
http://download.cnet.com/Avast-Free...0019223.html?part=dl-85737&subj=dl&tag=button

After you download it click "SCAN COMPUTER" then click "BOOT-TIME-SCAN" and click "SCHEDULE NOW" and restart your computer
Before windows will start the scan will start in the bios, It may take 2hours
The virus will be detected, click on delete all and let the scan finished until is complete.
The virus will be gone and normally no more error message will appear.
Please tell me if it helps!
Regards,
Jeremy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pci-system-error-on-bus-device-function-0200h.993085/
Relevancy 50.74%

I had a Xerox by Ethernet modem Printer DSL attached needs off Solved: N printer connected to my Windows XP Solved: Printer attached by Ethernet needs DSL modem off computer via an Ethernet Solved: Printer attached by Ethernet needs DSL modem off cable to one of the ports on my router The Xerox printer wore out so I replaced it with a Brother HL- DW I plugged the Brother printer in the same was via an Ethernet cable to my router The printer does not work unless I power off my DSL modem I discovered this by exiting Zone Alarm and turning off my DSL modem The printer started working I then found I could exit Zone Alarm and the printer fails until I power off the modem I assume the modem being turned off must change some logic in my router My router is an old D-Link model DI- Here is some info gathered From XP Properties of the Brother Printer Port BRN BA A Sharing Do not share Advanced Spool and Start Printing Immediately From the LAN connection status Address type assigned by DHCP IP Subnet Mask Default Gateway From a printer settings page produced by the printer IP via DHCP Subnet Mask IP Gateway Primary DNS Server NetBIOS Name BRN BA A I have looked thru the router information but I do not see any logs showing rejection of printer traffic I note that for the Properties of my old Xerox printer the Port was a TCP IP address The Brother printer Port info seems to be a NetBIOS name I can ping the printer successfully at with the DSL modem on or off With the modem off the print job shows up when I look at XP s control panel The status is printing but nothing prints After a half-minute or so the job fails From the above info does anyone have a suggestion as to my next step Paul nbsp

A:Solved: Printer attached by Ethernet needs DSL modem off

I'm going to guess that the new printer has a DHCP server that is configured to run, and you'll have to disable it.

Perhaps you should download the User Guide and Network User Guide from here: http://welcome.solutions.brother.co..._us.html?reg=us&c=us&lang=en&prod=hl5370dw_us

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-printer-attached-by-ethernet-needs-dsl-modem-off.848309/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a Packard Bell Multimedia s621 i think it is about 3 years old and a 56k modem. I had trouble installing windows 98 so i had to format my hard drive. I reinstalled 98 on the clean drive but the only thing not working is my modem. I can hear no click at all. Did i miss a step in the reinstallation process or do i need to activate it somehow? thanks

Relevancy 50.74%

Just recoveried my system, and installed AOL 9.0, but unable to build up the connection. Follow the AOL set up instruction, the 56K modem can be found automaticlly, but after couple times attempt to dial the access number, it failed. but I can hear the dial tone while the AOL set up wizard tried to connect to the access numbers. When I tried to add an existing account in Internet Connection Wizard, it shows no dial tone. Is this a modem's problem? modem dead? How can I check if the modem working well? My OS is win98.

Relevancy 50.74%

I have a Intel Pentium 233 MMX, 32 MB Ram, 2.5 Gig HD. I am trying to install a new modem. The modem installs, but when I try to access the internet the error message that I get is that either the modem is not connected or I have to make sure the interupt is set properly. How do I do that? Also does it matter in which PCI slot I put the computer in. The way the tower is set up is that there is one at the bottom of the tower then there is the video card installed in the next one and then 2 free slots. I am not sure if it makes a different where I install it because I have tried all of them but no difference, the modem never responds. Can anyone please help me?

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi. I got this HP computer from work that initally had Win NT on it. I got that off and installed Win 98SE. Everything works great except for the modem. Windows detects a standard 3600 modem, but when I go to modem properties, more info, to test it, I get an error message that the modem is not responding.

How can I tell if there really is a modem? Our internet access at work is through a network or LAN or what ever you call it. Our computers don't actually dial up an ISP.... I've removed the modem from the device manager and when I reboot, it always finds the same standard modem. I update the drivers but it says the best drivers are already installed. Any suggestions?

A:Modem is not responding...

Hi:For info purposes,go to Control panel,select Modems,Diagnostics and select the correct modem and then select More information and see if there is any communication with the modem or what info does display.Also you might want to know some Port info,like which one and any other port info that is available.
Any info like this that you can supply would be very helpful to the Forum.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/modem-is-not-responding.66683/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi TSG.

I became a member because i read this tread that came pretty close to the same problem that im having.

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-7/944171-system-restore-error-0x8007001f-device.html

I get the same error:

There was an unexpected error:
A device attached to the system is not functioning. (0x8007001F)

Please close System Restore and try again.

But the answer that Rorschach112 gives it seems like i have to be able to get into my desktop to make that solution work. I don't know what else to do.

I hope this is information enough. Please tell me if i need to be more specific.

Thanks. FredMendo.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-restore-error-0x8007001f-a-device-is-not-functioning-2.1128526/
Relevancy 50.74%

Laptop = Satellite Pro A300
Platform = Visa PS2

In my device manager I have two errors.

Under 'Other devices', both say 'Base System Device'
Under Hardware Ids, the first one says:

PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&SUBSYS_FF1C1179&REV_12
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&SUBSYS_FF1C1179
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&CC_088000
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&CC_0880

The second one says:
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0843&SUBSYS_FF1C1179&REV_12
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0843&SUBSYS_FF1C1179
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0843&CC_088000
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0843&CC_0880

I believe it has something to do with my card reader.
Can anybody direct me to the right web site to use the drivers?

A:Base System Device error for my Satellite Pro A300

Here is a nice page:
http://www.pcidatabase.com/

You can search for details of PCI devices.
VEN means Vendor
DEV means Device

VEN 1180 = Ricoh
DEV 0592 = Ricoh Memory Stick Controller

So the case is clear: it?s card reader controller.

I recommend reinstalling the driver.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?62180-Base-System-Device-error-for-my-Satellite-Pro-A300
Relevancy 50.74%

I recently installed PartitionMagic on my computer After checking through the compatibility issues dialog boxes and having used it on another Win Ultimate PC I proceeded to run it As it device Restore error: not A System functioning 0x8007001f, is ran I received various error reports about one of my hard System Restore error: 0x8007001f, A device is not functioning drives I clicked yes thinking that nothing bad would happen and PMagic still wouldn t start Error So I called it a night and went back to it in the morning to find that it wouldn t start The System Recovery tool that automatically started didn System Restore error: 0x8007001f, A device is not functioning t fix it and I selected System Restore from the advanced options menu It wouldn t start and at the time I didn t really read the error but I think it was different Went back to it later hoping by some black magic that it would start and it obviously didn t I inserted the install disk to see if I could repair it I again selected advanced to find System Restore again Upon selecting it I was greeted with this Code SIZE There was an unexpected error A device attached to the system is not functioning x F Please close System Restore and try again SIZE After closing and re-opening it I got the same message I have a lot of important data and about GB worth of my TB HD filled and don t want to lose it all so how to I get either System Restore to work Fix my HD from what I suspect is PMagic or Re-install W without losing all of my data Thanks in advance nbsp

A:System Restore error: 0x8007001f, A device is not functioning

this should get system restore working again
Please download OTM

Save it to your desktop.
Please double-click OTM to run it. (Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator).
Copy the lines in the codebox below to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of them and pressing CTRL + C (or, after highlighting, right-click and choose Copy):
Code:

:Processes

:Services

:Reg

:Files
ipconfig /flushdns /c

:Commands
[purity]
[resethosts]
[emptytemp]
[CREATERESTOREPOINT]
[EMPTYFLASH]
[Reboot]
Return to OTM, right click in the "Paste Instructions for Items to be Moved" window (under the yellow bar) and choose Paste.

Click the red Moveit! button.
Copy everything in the Results window (under the green bar) to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of them and pressing CTRL + C (or, after highlighting, right-click and choose copy), and paste it in your next reply.
Close OTM and reboot your PC.
Note: If a file or folder cannot be moved immediately you may be asked to reboot the machine to finish the move process. If you are asked to reboot the machine choose Yes. In this case, after the reboot, open Notepad (Start->All Programs->Accessories->Notepad), click File->Open, in the File Name box enter *.log and press the Enter key, navigate to the C:\_OTMoveIt\MovedFiles folder, and open the newest .log file present, and copy/paste the contents of that document back here in your next post.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-restore-error-0x8007001f-a-device-is-not-functioning.944171/