Windows Support Forum

BSOD on Windows XP - possibly hardware failure

Q: BSOD on Windows XP - possibly hardware failure

The evening of Wednesday th July I was playing World of Warcraft on my Windows XP Home Edition laptop when the graphics froze the sound glitched then I got a BSOD for about half a second before the screen went black I rebooted but got another BSOD I restarted the computer again got to the login screen typed the first character of my password and the screen went black Over the next few attempts BSOD Windows XP on hardware - possibly failure I determined that generally using the mouse was ok but sometimes the screen hung Attempting to type in my password invariably resulted in either a hang or the screen going black The following morning once the laptop had cooled down I was able to log in I BSOD on Windows XP - possibly hardware failure shut the lid and left it That evening I was able to log on and played World of BSOD on Windows XP - possibly hardware failure Warcraft very briefly without trouble This morning I logged on and had been playing World of Warcraft for perhaps minutes when I got another BSOD Same routine as before I left the computer for a few hours then logged on without trouble downloaded the tools BSOD on Windows XP - possibly hardware failure to capture system issues as listed at World of Warcraft crash destroyed operating system While running the tool I noticed it reporting two mini-dumps and when I checked them they were both from the Wednesday night None from a few hours before While the tool was still running I got another BSOD Where do I go from here I can't get the tool to run to completion without getting a BSOD I may be able to get the minidumps off the computer and separately extract other information bit by bit too It'll take ages as I'll have to allow perhaps an hour between each attempt and I have a life so can't spend all day doing this Any ideas I suspect hardware failure as I hadn't updated any software or drivers recently or changed any software settings It would be nice if I copuld identify what has failed before I take the laptop for a very expensive repair

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: BSOD on Windows XP - possibly hardware failure

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: BSOD on Windows XP - possibly hardware failure

You could test the hard drive yourself, that would be a good starting point.
You'll need to download the ISO CD-image from the drive maker's website, create a CD from that ISO file, then boot your laptop from it and run the test.

First determine what brand the drive is, then download the appropriate ISO file from the manufacturer. The links are at the top of this page: Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.

PS: Don't download the Windows version of the testing software because that will be of no use to you if Windows is currently unstable or won't run properly.
You need to download the version for DOS which is supplied as an ISO file.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bsod-on-windows-xp-possibly-hardware-failure-585725.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hey there,

Ive been having blue screens for quite a while now and been trying to fix them myself but Ive decided it might be easier with some assistance.

Ive ran memtest86+ for a whole day and found no errors.
I ran prime95 and furmark for a couple of hours with no errors.

Ive also tried using Driver Verifier a long while back and removed any drivers that i saw causing problems but it still persisted. I was going to try Driver Verifier again but while i do that i thought it'd be wise to see if anyone can see something obvious or offer some assistance.

My debug file is attached.
[Removed]

Thanks.

A:Windows 10 BSOD's - Driver problem or Hardware failure?

Diagnostics Test

HDD TEST

Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums
Run following tests
Short Drive Self TestShort genericLong generic
If the short generic fails, no need for the long generic.

Note
Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.

Run chkdsk
Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums

Run HDTune to
scan for errors, no quick scan but full scancheck the health,benchmark.
It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
Let me know what the results are
of the error scan,make a screenshot of the health of every hard drive and post the screenshots,post screenshots with the benchmark of the
transfer rate,access time,burst rate,cpu usage.

Code:
2: kd> k
Child-SP RetAddr Call Site
ffffd001`c90f6788 fffff800`e917ca67 nt!RtlSplay+0x90
ffffd001`c90f6790 fffff800`e90b5e56 NTFS!NtfsFullDeleteLcb+0x47
ffffd001`c90f67c0 fffff800`e917cd1c NTFS!NtfsTeardownFromLcb+0x146
ffffd001`c90f6860 fffff800`e90aca80 NTFS!NtfsTeardownStructures+0xdc
ffffd001`c90f68e0 fffff800`e9164b5b NTFS!NtfsDecrementCloseCounts+0xd0
ffffd001`c90f6920 fffff800`e91a0182 NTFS!NtfsCommonClose+0x40b
ffffd001`c90f69f0 fffff802`7c4616a9 NTFS!NtfsFspCloseInternal+0x1a6
ffffd001`c90f6b80 fffff802`7c4f35a5 nt!ExpWorkerThread+0xe9
ffffd001`c90f6c10 fffff802`7c557626 nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x41
ffffd001`c90f6c60 00000000`00000000 nt!KiStartSystemThread+0x16
1: kd> k
ffffd000`211ccd38 fffff801`bab74196 nt!KeBugCheckEx
ffffd000`211ccd40 fffff801`bab6b0c2 nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x5396
ffffd000`211cd420 fffff801`bab697a1 nt!KiExceptionDispatch+0xc2
ffffd000`211cd600 fffff801`9ee937d3 nt!KiPageFault+0x221
ffffd000`211cd790 fffff801`9ee9292a NTFS!NtfsCreateScb+0xc23
ffffd000`211cd870 fffff801`9ee8fa23 NTFS!NtfsBreakBatchOplock+0xaa
ffffd000`211cd8e0 fffff801`9ee8f058 NTFS!NtfsOpenExistingAttr+0x93
ffffd000`211cd9b0 fffff801`9ee73ed6 NTFS!NtfsOpenAttributeInExistingFile+0x138
ffffd000`211cdb70 fffff801`9ee7638d NTFS!NtfsOpenExistingPrefixFcb+0x416
ffffd000`211cdc60 fffff801`9ee770c5 NTFS!NtfsFindStartingNode+0x45d
ffffd000`211cdd20 fffff801`9ee75efd NTFS!NtfsCommonCreate+0x425
ffffd000`211cdf50 fffff801`bab63047 NTFS!NtfsCommonCreateCallout+0x1d
ffffd000`211cdf80 fffff801`bab6300d nt!KxSwitchKernelStackCallout+0x27
ffffd000`eb9aaf30 fffff801`baa2fa61 nt!KiSwitchKernelStackContinue
ffffd000`eb9aaf50 fffff801`baa2f7d6 nt!KiExpandKernelStackAndCalloutOnStackSegment+0x131
ffffd000`eb9aafd0 fffff801`baa2f69f nt!KiExpandKernelStackAndCalloutSwitchStack+0xa6
ffffd000`eb9ab030 fffff801`9ee7a949 nt!KeExpandKernelStackAndCalloutInternal+0x2f
ffffd000`eb9ab080 fffff801`9d587895 NTFS!NtfsFsdCreate+0x1d9
ffffd000`eb9ab2a0 fffff801`9d5b62d7 FLTMGR!FltpLegacyProcessingAfterPreCallbacksCompleted+0x1a5
ffffd000`eb9ab330 fffff801`bae33d68 FLTMGR!FltpCreate+0x347
ffffd000`eb9ab3e0 fffff801`bae2a6d6 nt!IopParseDevice+0x7c8
ffffd000`eb9ab5b0 fffff801`bae290dc nt!ObpLookupObjectName+0x776
ffffd000`eb9ab750 fffff801`bae16580 nt!ObOpenObjectByNameEx+0x1ec
ffffd000`eb9ab870 00000000`00000000 nt!NtQueryAttributesFile+0x180
1: kd> k
ffffd000`22cf2108 fffff800`eb166196 nt!KeBugCheckEx
ffffd000`22cf2110 fffff800`eb15d0c2 nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x5396
ffffd000`22cf27f0 fffff800`eb15b57d nt!KiExceptionDispatch+0xc2
ffffd000`22cf29d0 fffff800`2d28319a nt!KiGeneralProtectionFault+0xfd
ffffd000`22cf2b60 fffff800`2d286432 NTFS!NtfsFindPrefix+0xea
ffffd000`22cf2c60 fffff800`2d2870c5 NTFS!NtfsFindStartingNode+0x502
ffffd000`22cf2d20 fffff800`2d285efd NTFS!NtfsCommonCreate+0x425
ffffd000`22cf2f50 fffff800`eb155047 NTFS!NtfsCommonCreateCallout+0x1d
ffffd000`22cf2f80 fffff800`eb15500d nt!KxSwitchKernelStackCallout+0x27
ffffd000`23932f30 fffff800`eb021a61 nt!KiSwitchKernelStackContinue
ffffd000`23932f50 fffff800`eb0217d6 nt... Read more

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/42890-windows-10-bsods-driver-problem-hardware-failure.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi all I have an MSi GT C Laptop that I've had numerous problems with When I first ordered this laptop it was dead on arrival and had to be shipped back for fixing Since i've gotten it back I have had BSODs ranging from - times a week up to times in a day I finally got fed up with it and started digging I did memtest and recieved no errors after passes I just tried running driver verifier and the computer would not boot up but yielded a dump file for me I checked OS integrity as well as Harddrive chkdsk came back clean Attached is the required dumps I did check through the hardware BSOD related? - Possibly memory dump for the verifier and it does mention possibly hardware related I've heard interpreting the verifier dumps is a science so hopefully someone more experienced can help me out This BSOD - Possibly hardware related? BSOD tendency has carried through from Windows to Windows It doesn't seem to have a rhyme or reason to when it crashes although I've noticed certain apps such as Steam Games don't cause crashes but having java applications and IDE's open seem to increase the tendencies Any insight would be greatly appreciated Thanks Aaron

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/48685-bsod-possibly-hardware-related.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I've been scouring the web for a possible answer for my BSOD but so far no software changes have worked Starting when I had vista I got the BSOD and just before I upgraded clean boot to Windows bit it wasn't multiple times (possibly BSOD hardware) Memory_Management a day or as it was at a time during start up One of the first ones I actually reported was to yahoo answers called partmgr sys Blue screen of death I amp m In HELL - Yahoo Answers The first idea I got from there that helped for a time was doing a defrag but it didn't last by the next day I was back into the cycle of BSOD hell And I rarely got the same error twice but from what I read around the web sometimes they are covering up the problem So I bring forth to you today a zip folder with the mini dump files because I can't read them and that's helped so many others oh and the reason I've been considering it BSOD (possibly hardware) Memory_Management to likely be hardware issue is because lately I just went and re installed win to see if that helped which it did somewhat I've been only getting Memory Management BSOD Hope there BSOD (possibly hardware) Memory_Management is something I can do there is a lot of the history of my issue in the yahoo answers post

A:BSOD (possibly hardware) Memory_Management

Quote:
STOP 0x0000001A: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

Usual causes: Device driver, memory, kernel
STOP 0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Usual causes: Kernel mode driver, System Service, BIOS, Windows, Virus scanner, Backup tool, compatibility

Please update this driver:

Code:
scmndisp scmndisp.sys Wed Jan 17 14:48:03 2007 (45ADD4B3) NetGear, Neutral wireless solution

Code:
fffff880`02cbe000 fffff880`02d2e000 VSTBS26 VSTBS26.SYS Thu Oct 16 07:54:06 2008 (48F690AE)
fffff880`04002000 fffff880`040cd000 VSTCNXT6 VSTCNXT6.SYS Thu Oct 16 07:52:22 2008 (48F69046)
fffff880`04473000 fffff880`045e7000 VSTDPV6 VSTDPV6.SYS Thu Oct 16 07:57:45 2008 (48F69189)
They belong to Conexant SoftK56 Modem Driver and Conexant HSF_HWB2 WDM driver
What third party Antivirus software are you using?

I would suggest you to turn on Driver Verifier, it will flag your bad drivers:
Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Drivers

Code:
BugCheck 1A, {41287, 30, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+42be5 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
BugCheck 1A, {61940, 8929000, 9e1000000f51c800, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+1fd63 )

---------
BugCheck A, {0, 2, 0, fffff80002e8c1b1}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiTimerWaitTest+171 )

---------
Let us know if you need help

Tuan

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/96339-bsod-possibly-hardware-memory_management.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello After many years of experiencing a BSOD I decided to ask the forum BSOD Reformat. Fresh After Hardware? Possibly so it'll be a lot faster and easier with the help of many experts So let's get the story situated I have had a Windows x Ultimate CPU Intel i K clocked at ghz stock voltage Cooler Corsair H Cooler Graphics Zotac GTX TI OC AMP edition RAM Kingston HyperX x GB Ram MHZ DDR Hard Drive Intel GB Solid State quot Motherboard Biostar TP B Power Supply Antec Power Supply W High Current Sound card HT Omega Claro Plus After running the computer for about a year with all updated drivers and such BSODs BSOD After Fresh Reformat. Possibly Hardware? starts to occur At first I assume it was a virus had BSOD After Fresh Reformat. Possibly Hardware? avast before so I decided to fully reformat the hard drive with Windows x Ultimate again I remember reading the BSOD screen and sometimes they had different error codes Strangely sometimes my hard drive would not be detected until I had to restart many times until a successful detection for the SSD would occur So I reformatted however in the process of installing my first driver Nvidia for GTX I got a BSOD Giving up hope I decided to come here and report the problem After that I just installed several drivers but not all Thought I believe it's my hard drive that's failing but I wouldn't mind a second opinion I did transfer some of my old files after a fresh reformat however none of them were exe files except genuine drivers such as nvidia's Included are the dump and report Thanks for the help

A:BSOD After Fresh Reformat. Possibly Hardware?

Try doing a power cycle of the SSD. The following steps should be carried out and take ~1 hour to complete.Power off the system.
Remove all power supplies (ac adapter then battery for laptop, ac adapter for desktop)
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to close the circuit and drain all components of power.
Reconnect all power supplies (battery then ac adapter for laptop, ac adapter for desktop)
Turn on the system and enter the BIOS (see your manual for the steps to enter the BIOS)
Let the computer remain in the BIOS for 20 minutes.
Follow steps 1-3 and physically remove the SSD from the system by disconnecting the cables for a desktop or disconnecting the drive from the junction for a laptop.
Leave the drive disconnected for 30 seconds to let all power drain from it.
Replace the drive connection(s) and then do steps 4-8 again.
Repeat steps 1-4.
Start your computer normally and run Windows.

The above steps were a result of: Why did my SSD "disappear" from my system? - Crucial Community

While that may not be your drive, a power cycle should be the same on all SSD drives. See how the system responds after the SSD power cycle.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/235589-bsod-after-fresh-reformat-possibly-hardware.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello I have been starting to get hardware BSOD: [SOLVED] related Possibly BSODs more often even if the computer has not been running for a long period with no shutdown I have cleaned the system of dust multiple times and do regular maintenance I don't believe heat to be the issue I [SOLVED] BSOD: Possibly hardware related have put all the information required for a post in the attached ZIP file There is no new hardware that I've installed that could explain this strange issue except a USB [SOLVED] BSOD: Possibly hardware related microphone and memory card reader I also included the text from Windows Debugger that indicates the problem is from image name HARDWARE The problem is I can't identify the HARDWARE in question Usually these BSODs are caused by a bad driver SYS but this does not appear to be the case I will say this much the processor is the newest significant piece of hardware but I [SOLVED] BSOD: Possibly hardware related can't remember what time I get it this year It was earlier this year Any help is much appreciated Thanks in advance OS Windows x Professional What was original installed OS on system This is a custom computer Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer Purchased Age of system hardware years Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS amp no CPU Intel Core Extreme CPU QX GHz Quad Video Card BFG GTX MotherBoard ASUS MicroATX P Q-EM Power Supply ABS Tagan BZ Series BZ W ATX V EPS V

A:[SOLVED] BSOD: Possibly hardware related

what does the bios list for the

12v line

cpu voltage

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-bsod-possibly-hardware-related-495651.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello Recently I've been having quite a few BSOD aswell as a number of freezes The BSOD's happen seemingly random and I think they've been primarily 'd ' and 'a' errors I'm hoping there'll be a log of past BSOD's in the diagnostics tool file The freezes only ever happen when I'm using a web browser and started occuring about a week ago Most of the time the computer stutters one or two times errors, BSOD, multiple failing hardware possibly and then freezes up followed by a restart - seconds later The few times it has managed BSOD, multiple errors, possibly failing hardware to recover the resource monitor shows that something called 'system interrupts' have had a sizeable cpu spike I've also noticed that my network connection tends to just die a few hours after I start the computer As I've gotten BSOD's I've been updating or rolling back drivers that were implied but at this point I'm more suspecting a hardware problem than software I should note that leaving prime on over the night didn't spit out any errors Any help pinpointing the problem s would be very appreciated Edit I just used a program called bluescreenview and it appears atleast or so reports were missing days ago or so there were a bluescreen and the computer failed to start and startup repair decided to do a rollback

A:BSOD, multiple errors, possibly failing hardware

Hello and welcome Alan mate just how old is this machine as I notice the CPU is an Intel Q 9300 quad cored one? (My tester has the Q9550 and I know it is four years old)

I would like to see some more system specs too mate and if this is an older machine try this fopr starters.

PSU - Jump Start

for a ref on the volts etc
Power Supply 101: A Reference Of Specifications - Power Supplies test them all and just keep in mind correct volts do not mean correct current (amps)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/308596-bsod-multiple-errors-possibly-failing-hardware.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I have of BSOD, with CS possibly installation related GO random failure installed a Xeon X modded on my socket mainboard using a modded bios When booted first time on windows I managed to play CS GO for one random BSOD, possibly related with installation failure of CS GO minute and then I was kicked out of the game with a message like pak or something like that file does not match server's Since then I have tried EVERYTHING and nothing works Formatted multiple times getting latest drivers random BSOD, possibly related with installation failure of CS GO I deleted steam and cs go and now everytime steam is installing cs go I get the message corrupted update files random BSOD, possibly related with installation failure of CS GO I have no clue what is going on I do not have problems with other programs or games Just with cs go I occasionaly get a BSOD since when I installed the new CPU and I am trying to find out if this is related to my problem If anyone can help as I am desperate I have attached all the files Bugcheck Analysis MEMORY MANAGEMENT a Any other values for parameter must be individually examined Arguments Arg The subtype of the bugcheck Arg fffff c Arg df Arg ff fe c Debugging Details ------------------ DUMP CLASS DUMP QUALIFIER BUILD VERSION STRING amd fre win sp gdr - SYSTEM MANUFACTURER System manufacturer SYSTEM PRODUCT NAME System Product Name SYSTEM VERSION System Version BIOS VENDOR Phoenix Technologies LTD BIOS VERSION ASUS STRIKER II EXTREME ACPI BIOS Revision BIOS DATE BASEBOARD MANUFACTURER ASUSTeK Computer INC BASEBOARD PRODUCT STRIKER II EXTREME BASEBOARD VERSION XX DUMP TYPE BUGCHECK P BUGCHECK P fffff c BUGCHECK P df BUGCHECK P ff fe c BUGCHECK STR x a CPU COUNT CPU MHZ d CPU VENDOR GenuineIntel CPU FAMILY CPU MODEL CPU STEPPING a CPU MICROCODE a F M S R SIG A ' cache A ' init CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID WIN DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME System CURRENT IRQL ANALYSIS SESSION HOST ETHYL-PC ANALYSIS SESSION TIME - - ANALYSIS VERSION amd fre LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff aefb f to fffff a c STACK TEXT fffff fffff aefb f a fffff c df nt KeBugCheckEx fffff fffff a be fffff fc c a fffffa d fffffa a nt FNODOBFM string' x fffff f fffff a fe fffff d d fffffa fffffa b nt MmCheckCachedPageStates x a fffff a fffff ceb c d fffffa b fffffa f nt CcFetchDataForRead x e fffff a fffff a f fffffa b cf d fffffa cc nt CcMapAndCopyFromCache xc fffff a fffff acb ee fffffa b fffff fffffa fffffa a nt CcPerformReadAhead x b fffff bc fffff a fb fffffa ccbc fffff d f fffff c nt CcWorkerThread x e fffff c fffff d fb fffffa cc fffffa c b nt ExpWorkerThread x fffff d fffff a e fffff f fffffa cc fffff f dfc nt PspSystemThreadStartup x a fffff d nt KiStartSystemThread x STACK COMMAND kb THREAD SHA HASH MOD FUNC c cd b aeba d ac f c THREAD SHA HASH MOD FUNC OFFSET a bc fa f ae fdbb c THREAD SHA HASH MOD bc a b ac e e abcbe ec FOLLOWUP IP nt FNODOBFM string' fffff aefb f cc int FAULT INSTR CODE cf b ccc SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME nt FNODOBFM string' FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME nt IMAGE NAME ntkrnlmp exe DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP c IMAGE VERSION FAILURE BUCKET ID X x a nt FNODOBFM string BUCKET ID X x a nt FNODOBFM string PRIMARY PROBLEM CLASS X x a nt FNODOBFM string TARGET TIME - - T Z OSBUILD OSSERVICEPACK SERVICEPACK NUMBER OS REVISION SUITE MASK PRODUCT TYPE OSPLATFORM TYPE x OSNAME Windows OSEDITION Windows WinNt Service Pack TerminalServer SingleUserTS OS LOCALE USER LCID OSBUILD TIMESTAMP - - BUILDDATESTAMP STR - BUILDLAB STR win sp gdr BUILDOSVER STR amd fre win sp gdr - ANALYSIS SESSION ELAPSED TIME ANALYSIS SOURCE KM FAILURE ID HASH STRING km x x a nt fnodobfm string FAILURE ID HASH ef be c- d-e e - e-b f fc af f Followup MachineOwner

A:random BSOD, possibly related with installation failure of CS GO

Hi ethyl and welcome to sevenforums, I hope you'll enjoy your stay here!

I would suggest that you run memtest, at least 8 runs and post back the results:

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Cheers!
Boris

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/388424-random-bsod-possibly-related-installation-failure-cs-go.html
Relevancy 64.93%

My computer is crashing with a BSOD intermittently I can't do anything to reliably reproduce it it just happens seemingly randomly It seems to happen every other day Most of the time it happens when Intermittent - BSOD 0x0000007E hardware issue STOP: Possibly I play the game Medieval II Total War but I've gone entire sessions for hours without it happening too It also happened today when Intermittent BSOD - STOP: 0x0000007E Possibly hardware issue watching videos on steam I reinstalled Windows Home Premium bit edition very recently about weeks ago I don't have any hardware that's listed as unknown or missing its driver in the Intermittent BSOD - STOP: 0x0000007E Possibly hardware issue Device Manager The error looked like this I took a picture but I don't want to type the whole thing here A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen Intermittent BSOD - STOP: 0x0000007E Possibly hardware issue restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Technical information STOP x E XFFFFFFFFC xFFFFF C EBD xFFFFF B xFFFFF B EE I'm hoping the dump file I attached will be sufficient Any help is appreciated Thanks System Configuration Alienware Aurora R CPU Intel Core i - GHz GPU GeForce GTX Ti HD GB Western Digital RPM RAM GB Dual Channel DDR at M Hz sticks of GB Sound Card Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio DVD Burner X CD DVD burner DVD -RW OS Windows Home Premium -bit

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/385067-intermittent-bsod-stop-0x0000007e-possibly-hardware-issue.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello Recently I have been experiencing a BSOD in Windows bit which tends to happen randomly at least once an hour I can also make it happen by opening up Photoshop and attempting to zoom into an image though zooming in any other program works Failure related?) Security Kernel GPU (Possibly BSOD Check fine my guess is that Photoshop's is GPU accelerated And yes BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure (Possibly GPU related?) I have the latest Nvidia drivers I tried to do a bit of my own sleuthing around the dumps for a cause before asking for help and all I kept finding was this Code Probably caused by ntkrnlmp exe nt KiFastFailDispatch d But Googling it didn't really bring up any solutions other than suggesting to update drivers which I did audio chipset Intel Rapid Storage and networking all to Windows a few hours ago in an attempt to stop the BSOD Anyways I'm sure BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure (Possibly GPU related?) you guys can do a better job than I did of finding what's up I appreciate any help Thanks BRYCE-GLT-Thu zip

A:BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure (Possibly GPU related?)

Hi GhostlyPixel,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Please uninstall Trend Micro while troubleshooting and use Windows Defender as alternative.
Trend Micro uses a few old drivers and currently I'd like to get rid of all old drivers, old drivers often causes lots of problems.
Security Agent Uninstall Tool - Worry-Free Business Security

Please check Lenovo for Intel drivers, skip the recently installed drivers and only update/reinstall the other drivers please.

Please let me know how it goes

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/37387-bsod-kernel-security-check-failure-possibly-gpu-related.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi All,

I usually get this BSOD at startup, but a press of the reset button usually allows me to start normally and run the system for most of the day. The most aggravating part of this BSOD is it doesn't give me a clue as to what may be failing.

Anyone have any ideas as to what may be the culprit? I just ran the WD disk diagnostics on my 3 hard drives and they show no problems. Am I looking at a possibly dying PSU? Any programs out there that will monitor my startup and possibly point to the problem? Thanks for the help!!

A:BSOD, Hardware Failure

dont know of any such program

i would suggest (if u're comfortable with it) disconnecting each device one by one and booting up to see which one (if any will result in no blue screen)

for example, take out the sound card, then the net/modem, then the second/third hd etc

each time u tvke a device out boot to see if the error goes away

maybe check the log in event viewer for any kind of detailed message

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-hardware-failure.140948/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello to all I hardware with bsod,think a It's failure Help have got a problem with my computer In november I cleaned it and I accidentally put Help with bsod,think It's a hardware failure an usb port in the mobo upside down and since this my computer started to gave me lots of bsod Trying Help with bsod,think It's a hardware failure to fix this problem I have analyzed the crash dumps with Help with bsod,think It's a hardware failure windbg and always said VISTA DRIVER FAULT I don't know what component is failing but since the of this month I have installed a linux distro and sometimes freeze Seeing to the syslog Something like Event Viewer for who doesn't know very well linux I have seen that in every crash the nouveau driver nvidia open source driver for linux is involved so I think is the Graphics Card I have seen some Nvidia drivers bsod in WinDbg Another thing to say is that chrome sometimes says quot Something was wrong while displaying this page quot and also sometimes the screen goes black some seconds and say after quot The Window Manager has unexceptedly closed quot Here are some minidumps If you want I will upload the latest MEMORY DMP that is dated yesterday but it occupy about MB https mega co nz UcXHTgQ a YIXx cELEF sgWqKG

A:Help with bsod,think It's a hardware failure

Hi ercarlitosg.

In order to be certain about a hardware error, post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions. Because we need to see some things about your storage environment, and the display environment.

Is the computer hot? Report us the heat of the computer after a couple of hours of your normal usage. Upload a screenshot of the summery tab of Speccy. Alternatively, you can publish a Speccy snapshot too: Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs .
The computer seems to be aged ... 4/5 years more or less. Having the latest available BIOS (v 1106) installed. So some restrictions in troubleshooting is already imposed there.

If you have a GPU below 700 series, Install the NVIDIA DRIVERS 314.22WHQL only.
Uninstall All nvidia items in Control Panel > Programs and features3D Vision Control Driver
3D Vision Driver
Graphics Driver
HD Audio Driver
PhysX
nvidia Update
(Are you using nvidia chipset drivers? If so, dont uninstall anything other than those are listed).
Now follow Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling
Download 314.22 WHQL. While installing, Select Custom (Advanced) install. In the next page, follow this settings:
Also, follow it: How to Uninstall WinDriver - Jungo Connectivity Ltd

Let us know the results, obviously following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/318423-help-bsod-think-its-hardware-failure.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I built my computer from scratch so I could finally have a worthy computer for video gaming and it worked fine for two months, no problems whatsoever. But now all of a sudden I'm making BSOD errors anytime I browse the internet or play video games. (Doesn't happen during idle) And I have no idea how to interpret dump files in the least. Wondering if I could get some help on this one so I can get back to how my computer was.

The error code I've been having is 0x124 and I'm attaching a few dump files.

A:BSOD hardware failure

Have you recently downloaded software or installed new hardware?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-hardware-failure.174318/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi

I have had 3 BSOD's in the last 24 hrs due to a hardware related issue and have no idea of the cause.

Required dump files attached.

Regards
UKMedia

A:BSOD - Hardware Failure

Sorry had problems attaching other file.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/150121-bsod-hardware-failure.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I just recently re-installed win 7 on my computer and had no problems up until about a week ago and now I get BSOD periodically. They usually happedn when I'm watching video, but ,again, sometimes when I'm just doing basic tasks. I have attached the dump files per thread. Next time it happens I will also put up the error codes that I receive. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Basic info:
win 7 32 bit professional, retail version
originally vista machine
about a 4 year old hp machine with a fresh (about 2 weeks old) installation.

Again thanks for any help in advance.

A:BSOD- unexpected hardware failure

Your .dmp file shows a stop error of 0x124 which is a general hardware error .

Quote:
A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint.

Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress

Some generic advice.

If you are overclocking STOP.
Return to the default settings at least for now.
If you are running a RAID update its driver.

You can read more on this error and what to try here...
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/203541-bsod-unexpected-hardware-failure.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello,

I need some help for a problem that I have with my computer. Quite often, I encounter the BSOD and I don't know why. It happens about 4 times a month and it says that it is due to a hardware failure. I noticed that it happens most of the time after I woke the computer awake from sleep, but not immediately after (maybe 10-15 minutes later). That's pretty much what I know from my BSOD problem, so if you have any specific question I will be glad to help you help me.

Thank you for your help,
Roman.

A:Random BSOD due to hardware failure

Looking at your files it is very apparent that an Asus charger driver is at fault here as all your crashes point to the same driver as being the problem:

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa8008b37060, fffff80000b9c518, fffffa800779fb80}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\AiCharger.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for AiCharger.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for AiCharger.sys
Probably caused by : usbhub.sys

---------
Driver Reference Table - AiCharger.sys

This driver is a know causer of BSODs, you can try updating the driver from here: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P6T

if that does not work remove the driver entirely by navigating to: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\
then searching for AIcharger.sys and deleting it. you may be prompted with a UAC prompt to complete this action.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/292080-random-bsod-due-hardware-failure.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi Ive just built my new PC Please BSOD help Failure, Hardware Unexpected had it up and running for BSOD Unexpected Hardware Failure, Please help days working perfectly until my BD drive broke but that hopefully isnt the problem im here for Im now getting BSOD unexpected hardware failure every mins or so BSOD Unexpected Hardware Failure, Please help yes i have uninstalled and removed the BD drive I installed Win Home Premium first to be able to use my upgrade disk to Win Pro What Ive tried so far -System Restore -Boot Win Disk and repair tools memory check -HDD check program returned no errors - when i get my new BD drive back from ebuyer i will run memtest from bootable cd - Various Hardware tools and windows repair tools Here are my dump and system files as from the section sticky Attachment and here is the minidump files Attachment System Details i k GeForce GTX WD TB HDD GB Corsair DDR MHz ASROCK Extreme Motherboard Cosair W PSU Windows Profesional bit PS It seems to happen when doing power hungry operations i e playing games installing games Any help appreciated ty

A:BSOD Unexpected Hardware Failure, Please help

Quote: Originally Posted by Jimimick

Hi,
Ive just built my new PC, had it up and running for 2 days working perfectly until my BD drive broke but that hopefully isnt the problem im here for. Im now getting BSOD (unexpected hardware failure) every 30 mins or so (yes i have uninstalled and removed the BD drive). I installed Win 7 Home Premium first to be able to use my upgrade disk to Win 7 Pro.
What Ive tried so far:

-System Restore
-Boot Win 7 Disk and repair tools + memory check
-HDD check program returned no errors
-(when i get my new BD drive back from ebuyer i will run memtest from bootable cd)
- Various Hardware tools and windows repair tools
Here are my dump and system files as from the section sticky: Attachment 162826

System Details:

i7 2600k
GeForce GTX 580
WD 1TB HDD
2*2GB Corsair DDR3 @ 1886MHz
ASROCK Extreme 4 Motherboard
Cosair 750W PSU

Windows 7 Profesional 64 bit

PS: It seems to happen when doing power hungry operations i.e. playing games/installing games

Any help appreciated ty

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
OK your way out.
Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/172847-bsod-unexpected-hardware-failure-please-help.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello On occasion over the past days my Windows -Win k machine has had some wierd output on the screen when it boots up It looks like bad Satelight reception This happens before Win k boots up so I know it is not a OS thing also because I did a system wipe The only other time this happend to me was when I got my Win machine and had to send it back The Win Possible failure-screen?mobo?-videocard?-Help failure?! please+hardware hardware box had a intergrated AGP built into motherboard card so I had to send the entire Possible hardware failure-screen?mobo?-videocard?-Help please+hardware failure?! thing I tried my screen on my Win machine with the monitor and it works fine every time My system is new The parts were sitting around for a long while but they we not removed from the boxes a few times but that was over months ago What could be the possible problem s I don t have much money to work with so what should I do Help TY nbsp

A:Possible hardware failure-screen?mobo?-videocard?-Help please+hardware failure?!

You might try re-seating your video card. AGP cards tend to be a bit tricky; even a small point of non-contact can create havoc. If you have access to another video card, you can try swapping video cards and see if the problem goes away. I suppose cable connections are also a possibility, although I have never seen the symptoms you describe with a loose cable.

Are you able to boot into Windoze (sorry, I couldn't tell for sure from your post)? If so, any video-related problems there?

Hope this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-hardware-failure-screen-mobo-videocard-help-please-hardware-failure.71356/
Relevancy 61.92%

Well this started last night as far as i can remember my PC rejecting my new HDD Windows (PSU) Possibly off, Hardware XP Shutting - i m guessing because of the fact my PSU is pretty weak w as far as I can remember I ll check after this And last night i just had random shutdowns Without the shutdown dialog and without a Windows XP - Shutting off, Possibly Hardware (PSU) bluescreen or anything just a total poweroff and it would have been a startup again if i had had that enabled in the BIOS It got progressively worse and worse until it just now won t even get past the windows login screen without completely rebooting I tried unplugging the CD drive The only Windows XP - Shutting off, Possibly Hardware (PSU) other drain on the PSU that I could remove others including CPU Gfx which are pretty mandatory to try and ease the load but I still can t put my finger on it if it s the PSU or not Shop closes in hours so I need to make a decision Any help is appreciated MUCH appreciated The specs are as far as i can remember - AMD x Nvidia GT GB Kingston RAM Asus Mobo Seagate gb Original HDD WD Raptor TB One i tried to put in but PSU assumption didn t like it Nothing is quot old quot per-say besides the PSU which was in the original case which i got years ago EDIT W PSU nbsp

A:Windows XP - Shutting off, Possibly Hardware (PSU)

Power off usually indicates the PSU is bad or overloaded, or CPU overheating. If the CPU cooling fan is turning then my first guess would be PSU.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-shutting-off-possibly-hardware-psu.815960/
Relevancy 61.49%

For the first time ever I built a PC in late July Since the first week of owning it I have gotten the same BSOD once a month at least The BSOD's almost all occurred while gaming as well I also have experienced - PC freezes and I am at a loss I have run Monthly Idea what No Failure, BSOD, it Hardware is! Prime and Intel's Monthly BSOD, Hardware Failure, No Idea what it is! diagnostic program and the CPU has passed both fine I have yet to run Memtest though mostly because I am a bit Monthly BSOD, Hardware Failure, No Idea what it is! fearful of stress testing and don't really know how long Monthly BSOD, Hardware Failure, No Idea what it is! to do it for surprised I even did any with my CPU and just am worried that pushing it to it's max will shorten its life I have not stressed tested my GPU and figured it wasn't the problem as the GPU is at full load a lot of times during most days and these blue screens occur about once a month My hard drives seemed to cause a problem because of the frequent freezes I also cannot put my PC to sleep because it almost always freezes at the welcome screen when it wakes I ran SeaTools diagnostics for my hard drive but it froze my PC instantly I have two of the same hard drive but it only freezes at this moment when I have both hooked up I cloned my main drive to my secondary drive and tried booting with each one hooked up individually In both cases I did not freeze when running SeaTools Both drives also passed its diagnostic tests So here I am at a huge loss I have tried several other forums but people rarely answer and mostly just say to update drivers which I have already done I don't know what else I can do I uploaded the crash dumps in case anyone wants to have a go at it I really hope there is something I am missing Thanks for your time and help

A:Monthly BSOD, Hardware Failure, No Idea what it is!

Hello and welcome Rayz mate the memtest would be a good run

MEMTEST

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/105647-ram-test-memtest86.htmlthis one you will need to make a bootable disk set the BIOSto optical (or USB if preferred) boot the machine and let it run for at LEAST 8passes unless the errors come up straight away. Takes fair time to complete andsome leave it running overnight.

But first run these and delete any rubbish you find with the malware scans the ADW just run the Clean button when done.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html< DO NOT runon a SSD

http://www.superantispyware.com/

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

download from bleeping computer

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/315758-monthly-bsod-hardware-failure-no-idea-what.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hey guys I m having problems with my month old Qosmio X -Q Specs Intel i - QM GB DDR Windows Home Premium bit GeForce GTS M - running I tried the new ones but have since uninstalled safe mode driver sweeper reinstalled stock ones provided by toshiba DirectX Okay so I ve been getting these pesky Driver? Bad or - Hardware GTS250M BSOD Failure - BSOD s for a few weeks now Practically since I got the thing out of the box I think it ran okay for a week or two before this GTS250M - BSOD - Hardware Failure or Bad Driver? started happening The stop error is C and it lists nvlddmkm sys as the problem file I ve looked at a couple of the stop errors as well as looked at the minidumps with windbg all the stop errors are pointing at this file This happens while I m playing games this happens when I have it idling overnight pretty much whenever it feels like it as far as I can tell So GTS250M - BSOD - Hardware Failure or Bad Driver? far I have made sure to run windows update I tried installing the latest nvidia drivers from their site since toshiba only has the that I listed above that didn t fix the problem so I reset it to the older version by uninstalling the Nvidia display driver from the control panel Restarting in safe mode and removing nvidia display drivers with driver sweeper restarting and reinstalling the driver I have consulted every single forum I can find and the following solutions I have found When Vista GTS250M - BSOD - Hardware Failure or Bad Driver? came out apparently there was a similar issue The issue was solved by waiting for nvidia to come out with an updated driver Won t work for me yet Rolling back to older working drivers - This seemed to work for some but not for others I haven t seen anyone that had this issue with my same model card so I wouldn t know where to start with that I m not too familiar with the specific differences with any of the nvidia drivers but I m open to suggestion Update direct x I have latest version of that came with Win I don t think this is an option for me I checked Microsoft it seems I have the latest version Quote -- Have not done this quot Open Nvidia Control Panel Under D settings click quot Adjust Image Settings With Preview Then Down where the Animated Nvidia Graphic is Make sure you have chosen quot USE MY PREFERENCE EMPHASIZING quot and move the slider to Performance click Accept Click ok quot - I haven t tried this but I assume this defeats the whole purpose of having a performance video card and I figure setting my graphics card to quot Intel Extreme Mode quot is a waste of time because even if it makes the BSOD go away it ruins my computer for what I m using it for anyway Note Some people say that this works some people say that this didn t Some people say that the problem is TDR something about the system checking with the GPU and if it doesn t respond fast enought it BSODs They say to fix it you have to increase the TdrDelay in the registry or turn it off I don t want to do this because even though I m comfortable trying it I have no idea what the implications would be They admit its a tweak to wait for until nvidia comes out with better drivers Quote not done this yet --- quot I downloaded nvflash Made a bootable usb stick Made a copy of my gtx bios with nvflash Modified the bios using NiBitor Changed the value voltage extra from v to v quot -- Sounds sketchy Let me know if you guys have any insight into which one of these I should try I m not trying to be lazy I ve spent days digging around the internet I just would like a second opinion before I do anything that would damage Thanks guys nbsp

A:GTS250M - BSOD - Hardware Failure or Bad Driver?

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gts250m-bsod-hardware-failure-or-bad-driver.893442/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi,

My cousin desktop has BSOD error all the time and he brought it to me to fix it. I did a clean install of Windows 7 thinking it was a software/driver issues but low and behold, after the clean install finished, a BSOD happen after the first boot. I was also unable to run the Windows Update at all. The Windows Update will 1) get an error code, 2) not respond/freeze, mind you this is all after a clean install. My suspicion is that the hardware are failing but I'm unable to pin point which hardware is failing.

CPU: i5-4570
POWER SUPPLY: Corsair CX 500
MEMORY: Corsair 2x4GB (Can't remember which series)
VGA: ASUS Radeon 7800 Series

I've attached the perfmon and SysnativeFile zip files here. 

Thanks for the help, cheers!

A:Windows 7 BOSD (Possibly hardware issues)

Download and install Intel Smart Connect Technology drivers from the motherboard manufacturer's websiteDownload and install Intel Management Engine Interface drivers from the motherboard manufacturer's website Then try Windows Update again.  It's crucial to continue to try and get the updates.If the system BSOD's again, please upload a fresh set of reports,Then run these free hardware diagnostics while waiting for a reply:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html  Analysis:The following is for informational purposes only.
[font=lucida console]**************************Sat Aug  1 09:49:03.309 2015 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\080115-16130-01.dmp]
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x64
Built by: [B]7601[/B].18717.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.150113-1808
System Uptime:[B]0 days 0:27:54.542[/B]
Probably caused by :[B]ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ExFreePoolWithTag+43 )[/B]
BugCheck [B]1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff80002a09de3, fffff8800370f778, fffff8800370efd0}[/B]
BugCheck Info: [url=http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html#0x1000007E]SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e)[/url]
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffffffc0000005, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: fffff80002a09de3, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: fffff8800370f778, Exception Record Address
Arg4: fffff8800370efd0, Context Record Address
PROCESS_NAME:  System
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x7E
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: [B]X64_0x7E_nt!ExFreePoolWithTag+43[/B]
CPUID:        "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz"
MaxSpeed:     3200
CurrentSpeed: [B]3199[/B]
  BIOS Version                  P1.10
  BIOS Release Date             04/30/2013
  Manufacturer                  To Be Filled By O.E.M.
  Baseboard Manufacturer        ASRock
  Product Name                  To Be Filled By O.E.M.
  Baseboard Product             H87 Performance
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``
[/font]3rd Party Drivers:The following is for information purposes only.Any drivers in red should be updated or removed from your system. And should have been discussed in the body of my post.
[font=lucida console]**************************Sat Aug  1 09:49:03.309 2015 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
intelppm.sys                Mon Jul 13 19:19:25 2009 (4A5BC0FD)
amdxata.sys                 Fri Mar 19 12:18:18 2010 (4BA3A3CA)
iusb3hub.sys                Fri Mar 29 08:36:15 2013 (51558ABF)
iusb3xhc.sys                Fri Mar 29 08... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584839/windows-7-bosd-possibly-hardware-issues/
Relevancy 60.63%

I made a custom PC build from a few older parts and I am having screen tearing issues Build is AMD fx core processor Coolermaster Hyper TX I think PNY mhz Issue? Windows GPU/ Screen Possibly Tearing Hardware no 7/ x gb Sticks Asus M A L-MLX Plus amd micro atx mobo tb Segate Baraccuda Hard drive Kentek w Power Supply not modular I have Windows 7/ Screen Tearing no GPU/ Possibly Hardware Issue? no GPU installed Only the graphics coming from the AMD processor There are lines flickering and scanning up monitor It s not something that I can t photograph well but you can clearly see it when you sit down at the pc Here is an example http gfycat com DisgustingLegalElephantseal There seems to be Windows 7/ Screen Tearing no GPU/ Possibly Hardware Issue? a correlation of when I move the mouse ex Clicking and holding and dragging a point on the desktop causes the lines to go quicker and be more pronounced Things I have checked Fresh install of Windows Updated all of the drivers Checked the Hard Drive with multiple programs like Sea Tools VGA Cable Different Monitor Different Outlets Interference Possibilities I am really unsure of what else I can do to trouble shoot Let me know if I can provide any more information to help solve nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-screen-tearing-no-gpu-possibly-hardware-issue.1159205/
Relevancy 57.19%

I was attempting to optimize Windows to work a bit better with my hardware, I'm not how much it actually helps, but i go into CMD as Admin and enter sfc /scannow
It's actually run correctly on my other systems, but this time it had an error. The error said "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them." and it gave me the logs to where it failed.
Can someone please explain what is corrupt and how I can go about fixing it?

Thank you for your time!

A:Windows Hardware Optimization Failure

In the same command prompt (Admin) type
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

When completed run the sfc command again

Reboot the system when finished

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/53541-windows-hardware-optimization-failure.html
Relevancy 56.33%

So much is riding on my computer being ok and not having to do a clean install of windows I was hoping someone can help me get to the bottom of my problem This bit may not be relevant but it is worth mentioning The signal to my monitor has been known to cut out randomly with the computer remaining on Turning corruption? windows or failure hardware Virus, it off and back on later not immediately would fix it I would see the issue every day for or days and then it would not happen for about a month It did happen right before this started but may be coincidence The main issue Virus, hardware failure or windows corruption? I cannot go on the internet in normal mode and windows is prone to running really slow and hanging only in safe mode with networking is everything ok although trying to play music in safe mode brings an error message I did just manage to do a windows update when it came back briefly days after it started but that did not fix the issue and internet never came back in normal mode Strangely the only thing I can do online at all is play hearthstone Virus, hardware failure or windows corruption? The interactive ads fail to load on the battlenet launcher but I can log on to the server and play nothing else works Also since the update I managed to get in I have intermittently been getting a windows is not genuine build or similar numbers even though it is fine and the sound does not seem to be working Anti viruses and ccleaner would not work in normal mode but I got them to work in safe mode Ccleaner cleaned about gb of stuff Malwarebytes returned negative but the scan was really quick so I can't imagine it was too in depth Superantispyware found nothing after a full scan Avast does not work in safe mode I tried to run a boot scan but it failed It does not run in normal mode either nor will the shields start I have been able to copy and paste important stuff from my C drive to another drive in case of reinstall but I really don't want to do this Does this sound like a virus Something third party is stopping me getting on the internet in normal mode Or could it be PSU HDD failure or windows error

A:Virus, hardware failure or windows corruption?

Hi BlackadderV My name is Aura and I'll be assisting you with your issue. Follow the instructions below please.MiniToolBoxDownload MiniToolBox and move the file to your Desktop;Right-click on MiniToolBox.exe and select Run as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users);Check the following options:Flush DNS;Report IE Proxy Settings;Reset IE Proxy Settings;Report FF Proxy Settings;Reset FF Proxy Settings;List content of Hosts;List IP Configuration;List Winsock Entries;List Last 10 Event Viewer Errors;List Installed Programs;List Devices - Only Problems;List Users, Partitions and Memory size;Once this is done, click on Go and wait for the scan to complete;Once the scan is complete, a log will open. Please copy/paste the content of the output log in your next reply;

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597344/virus-hardware-failure-or-windows-corruption/
Relevancy 56.33%

Problem My computer would occasionally freeze but my mouse would still work Mouse would still move and click but the application and computer will have no response to it Ctrl Alt Del Alt F Ctrl Shift ESC will have no effect when it freeze There is no specific application that freeze my Hardware Failure, Problem? Malware, Windows or computer It will freeze when I Malware, Windows Failure, or Hardware Problem? m using Firefox IE or just watching a movie The time are random as I have gone hours straight without freezing when downloading files It does seem like it has a higher chance to freeze up when Malware, Windows Failure, or Hardware Problem? I use more memory intensive application When it started Started this Tuesday July I was in the process of updating Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and I opened a window that cause several pop ups I closed all the windows and then after a few seconds the computer freeze At the time Malwarebytes was just about to install the updated client and was in the middle of it but it freeze along with my computer After I hard boot the computer back on I started to use Firefox to contine to browse the internet but after a few minutes it will freeze again What I have tried I have reinstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware after the fail update and ran a scan to clean my computer I have also use SuperAntiSpyware to clean my computer I ve use the Eset Online Scanner and Symantec online scanner to check for virus Then I uninstall Firefox and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and still I have the problem I went to Windows Update to get all the essential updates upgrade IE from to and defrag my hard drive using Diskkeeper I scan my HD with HDTune repair registry with Advanced System Care and finally use System Restore to go back to July th Then to check for hardware problems I used Dell s Diagnostic Tool at boot up to test my hardware component and they all passed Could anyone help me figure out if it is a malware virus that is causing it to freeze or is it something else I would greatly appreciate all of your help

A:Malware, Windows Failure, or Hardware Problem?

Your scans found nothing? What is your Operating System,XP,Vista ???/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/242148/malware-windows-failure-or-hardware-problem/
Relevancy 56.33%

I ran the Microsoft set-up for Windows on my Windows desktop last night but then scheduled the actual failure Windows 10? to related Boot/hardware upgrade for tomorrow got Boot/hardware failure related to Windows 10? through running the checks and the download only When I came to my PC this morning it looks like it rebooted and I had a Boot Failure insert disc and press enter error Hitting enter didn't do anything so I restarted note that my keyboard LEDs were on When I initially restarted the case fans turned on but the screen would not nor would the power light on the case I let it sit for minutes and tried again and now the mobo option screen would come up but it would not move past that Also my keyboard LEDs were not lit yet my mouse was I was trying to get into BIOS options but it would not move past that screen I'm thinking hardware failure here but not sure if it could potentially be related to something that happened with windows pre-install that would've affected it since the timing is very coincidental Any thoughts

A:Boot/hardware failure related to Windows 10?

You're correct IMO.  It seems highly coincidental, but the symptoms do seem hardware related.

I would first suggest running Startup Repair (for W7) as the system hasn't been updated yet.  https://www.winhelp.us/repair-your-computer-in-windows-vista-or-7.html

Is there any chance that the hard drive is overfull?  If it is, it may not be able to boot because of the lack of room for operations that Windows has to perform.

You can try these bootable hardware diagnostics (if you can boot from removeable media):  http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/590437/boothardware-failure-related-to-windows-10/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey everyone.

So I hibernated my pc last night, tried to turn it on this morning and a big fat no. It starts loading windows 7 with its funky loading screen, then I hear my hard drive stop spinning, and my computer will restart. It's tried to fix it twice but no luck. It suggests "remove any plugged in device, music player device disconnect it now and restart windows." But I have only my mouse and keyboard plugged in.

I have my pc set up with dual boot xp, and that'll load up fine running on a partion but off the same hard drive.

I've tried Safe Mode, and Last Known Good Configuration, but both fail.

Any suggestions?

A:Hardware failure stopping windows 7 loading

Insert your windows 7 installation disk and reboot with cd/dvd as boot priority 1 and run repair option.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/103230-hardware-failure-stopping-windows-7-loading.html
Relevancy 55.9%

At approximately 3:39 am Central Time July 11 2007 My computer decided to perform its routine Windows Updating and Upon performing the restart, it began an eternal reboot loop of loading somewhat then poof, reboot again, start over, get to the windows xp loading screen and then poof, reboot again. This persisted for about 10 min before i tried a hard boot thinkin it would clear the memory. Safe Mode will not load, And when i try it gets stuck at somefile called SPTD.sys or something like that. The hard drive light comes on but nothing other than an eternal load to nowhere. Is all this sounding like hardware failure or does it sound more like boot sector virus?

Relevancy 55.9%

Hi all A few days ago I started receiving an error message when turning on my HP G laptop os Windows The error message is system error b which states that my computer fan Corrupted Windows causing hardware failure. files is not working I checked and I Corrupted Windows files causing hardware failure. was still under warranty so I called HP to see what they could do HP support told me that my fan had not failed but a virus had infected and corrupted my windows files and then proceeded to show me my event log which was full of errors and warning messages In addition when I check which services are currently running more than half of the Microsoft Services have been stopped seen in the Microsoft Configuration window Since then I have tried multiple things to fix this Numerous virus scans all which come back clean Ran Combofix System Restore And finally a full reformat None of this solved anything I am still receiving the error message when turning on my computer and the Microsoft Services are still labeled stopped HP support Corrupted Windows files causing hardware failure. said this was a virus so I figured I would post here and see if the experts here had any information they could give me Thanks in advance Spencer

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/497368/corrupted-windows-files-causing-hardware-failure/
Relevancy 55.04%

I use Windows 98. I'll receive a message that 3cmlnkw has performed an illegal action when I've entered a commercial address, like www.cheapjoes.com. I've traced it to a Windows update, but I have no idea how to resolve the problem. This action shuts down my connection to my carrier and if I attempt to restart that connection without restarting my computer, I receive a message that it cannot connect because of hardware failure.

A:Windows update causes hardware failure on internet commercial selections.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-causes-hardware-failure-on-internet-commercial-selections.182970/
Relevancy 53.32%

Ok, so I moved my vista computer (which I built) today, installed a wireless card, and about an hour later, my computer was frozen. I tryed re-booting with no success. So I thought maybe I had gotten a virus and tryed to do a virus scan in safe mode and it froze yet again. So then I thought it might be overheating, so I took off the side panel, and put a huge fan on the side blowing in. Tryed the virus scan again in safe mode with no luck. So what do you think is wrong? I already did a RMA for the hard drive and my water cooling pump so im not sure if I can replace those.

A:Hardware Possibly?

(Sorry for long post, tryed to make it so my problem could be solved quickly)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hardware-possibly.826088/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have an old custom computer put together in 2002:
Athlon XP Thoroughbred 2400 2.0 ghz
ASUS A7n8x 2.0 Motherboard
1 GB of DDR 3200 memory
6800 GT Nvidia graphics card

I haven't used the computer for several years. Upon turning it on, I noticed that the system was bogged down with 100% cpu on windows xp. Thinking it was malware, I did a fresh install. It took forever for the computer to format the 40gb hard drive. After completing the installation I did the system updates and updated the drivers. The computer still runs at 100% cpu from just using the web browser or moving files. I thought that the hard drive failed. So i put in a new hard drive and installed a new copy of windows xp. Again the same issue.

Other steps taken without results:
Updated BIOS firmware
Replaced Thermal compound on heatsink

What is the problem with my computer? Did something short on the motherboard?

A:100% CPU possibly Hardware

You should check after you install each program and update to track down which one is responsible for the problem. What process is using all the CPU and/or CPU Time?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/100-cpu-possibly-hardware.885266/
Relevancy 52.89%

I did an upgrade on a computer about a week ago. After about 4 days it started BSODing. It wa so bad that I couldnt get the minidump out and have tried reinstalling 7 and even the Vista factory image. However, it would BSOD before the image would fully load. Clearly this is a hardware issue though I unpluged everything I could during the boots. The BSOD right now has the numbers 0x00000050, 0xFFFFFA8086311888, 0XX0000000000000000, 0XFFFFF800108D0AA9, 0X0000000000000005.

Any ideas on what this could be...I need to get this working...

A:BSODs...possibly hardware

Errors loading images would indicate to me that your RAM is faulty.
Try removing all but one RAM module and using the process of elimination you should be able to find which ones are causing the problem.
If you have another OS installed like XP, run MEMTest. If you get ANY errors you know you have faulty RAM.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/38643-bsods-possibly-hardware.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I had to reinstall windows 7 x 64 today because of a hard drive issue, now i'm getting a BSOD for irql_not_less_or_equal

it seems to happen when i'm copying files off my WD 3 TB External hard drive, but it may just be coincidence.

Thank you for your help

A:BSOD Reinstall of Windows - possibly USB 3.0

Hello there!

Seems like there is no useful info in the dump files. Please Enable Driver Verifier Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Drivers and post us with the updated dump files.

Update the following drivers:

Code:
wdcsam64.sys Wed Apr 16 14:09:08 2008 (4805BB2C) http://sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=wdcsam64.sys

Code:

MpFilter.sys Fri Mar 09 16:35:26 2012 (4F59E3F6)
NuidFltr.sys Fri May 08 14:23:31 2009 (4A03F30B)
RTKVHD64.sys Tue May 22 15:49:20 2012 (4FBB6828)
Rt64win7.sys Thu Feb 26 14:34:13 2009 (49A65B0D)
Rt64win7.sys Tue Sep 27 20:20:33 2011 (4E81E2B9)
RtNdPt60.sys Mon Jul 20 07:57:32 2009 (4A63D614)
amdxata.sys Tue May 19 23:26:59 2009 (4A12F2EB)
nusb3hub.sys Fri Nov 19 07:04:24 2010 (4CE5D420)
nusb3hub.sys Tue Oct 25 06:27:37 2011 (4EA60981)
nusb3xhc.sys Fri Nov 19 07:04:25 2010 (4CE5D421)
nusb3xhc.sys Tue Oct 25 06:27:38 2011 (4EA60982)
nvhda64v.sys Wed Apr 18 22:37:54 2012 (4F8EF4EA)
nvlddmkm.sys Tue May 15 13:05:36 2012 (4FB20748)
usbcir.sys Tue Jul 14 05:36:36 2009 (4A5BCC0C)
wdcsam64.sys Wed Apr 16 14:09:08 2008 (4805BB2C)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/247317-bsod-reinstall-windows-possibly-usb-3-0-a.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi guys My spec motherboard - gigabyte ga-z x-d h RAM - Gb Corsair CML GX M A C Graphics Card - msi gtx twin frozr overclock PSU - Corsair txm Windows G SSD HD TB SEAGATE CPU - i k Problem PC been fine for almost years haven t identifying hardware Need help (possibly) faulty changed anything for the past Need help identifying (possibly) faulty hardware weeks i Need help identifying (possibly) faulty hardware e no new hardware or software or windows update I was away for a few days went back home Hard crashed within few minutes i e ctrl-alt-del didn t work Windows reported Need help identifying (possibly) faulty hardware blue-screen error Looked around in safe mode device manager showed problem with graphics card Disabled graphics card Re-started windows looked ok except all graphics related programs still in p Went bought a new graphics card Put in the graphics card Clean installed the graphics driver Worked fine for a few hours Same problems again crashing problem with graphics card in device manger etc Then all the graphical output started to deteriorate Windows can no longer run in p the same in Ubuntu still normal in BIOS Then the problematic output spreaded to the screen before the Operating systems start i e in the option page to choose whether to go to the safe mode I took some pictures to demonstrate the problem http imgur com a a xsP Performed the memtest and no error was reported Any advice suggestion appreciated Many thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-identifying-possibly-faulty-hardware.1162282/
Relevancy 52.03%

My computer is the cheapest peice of crap and its stressing me out more than ever It would not launch a few games I played so I did a system restore to fix it that worked a good hours then it decided to not work again so me problem help! Everything hardware) stressing out (possibly PLEASE I did another system restore same thing happened and since my anti-virus progam is telling me my registration is expired and for some retarted reason it does everything in its power to prevent me from re-subrcribing I thought it might be a virus then I restarted my whole computer cleared it out to work like day one Now to top off all this annoying crap that shouldnt be happening in the first place I have an onboard bit video card which I replaced with a PCI Radeon SE because once again this computer is a gaint piece of crap with no AGP slot I set it up and OF COURSE - quot my system cannot detect blah blah blah quot I set it as my default device for my monitor anyways it seemed to work NEXT error was this my windows where going off screen this i knew how to fix I disabled my onboard video card Then Everything problem stressing me out (possibly hardware) PLEASE help! I restarted my computer where my worst problem and hopefully last one occured nothing is working on my desktop I try right clicking no mini-window comes up I try the start menu- It gives me a hourglass for a few seconds then it goes away with nothing accomplished So i ask you PLEASE save me from a world of confusion and stress and figure out what could be doing this I have a Intel pentium with GHz -however its abbrev ed- MB of RAM using a MB Radeon SE PCI and I am running Windows XP home edition nbsp

A:Everything problem stressing me out (possibly hardware) PLEASE help!

Howdy Dariaze...

If this were my pc the first thing I would do is boot to Safe MOde and see if the desktop items will work ( to rule out a driver issue ), also if it works in Safe Mode check the Event Viewer, for any errors...

To get into Safe Mode, reboot and start tapping the F8 key, to see the Event Viewer right click on My Computer - Manage - Event Viewer, and check both System and Application for errors or warnings...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/everything-problem-stressing-me-out-possibly-hardware-please-help.310295/
Relevancy 52.03%

Problem started - So about months ago to be exact I ordered an Asus V Formula board I spent nearly two days attempting to get it to work and it would never work with all sticks of defective Possibly Solved: hardware my RAM only at most tried changing timings Besides that it would randomly BSOD Solved: Possibly defective hardware I couldn t afford the time spent then and thinking I got a bad board I simple returned it So last week I ordered a Sabertooth FX board Guess what Nearly identical problems as the Formula except this time it won t start even with stick of RAM in Popped in old motherboard works perfectly fine with all the parts The issue it is having is complicated When attempting to install windows it would do one of things - restart randomly while windows is moving its files onto the SSD OR would complete and when restarts to install I would get the error code - x Windows repair from disk had NO effect whatsoever To rule out a Windows problem I attempted to install Ubuntu and that wouldn t even install was installing from a Corsair Voyager while windows is installing from a CD of Windows Stuff I have done so far - -Set CPU to stock settings -Set RAM to stock settings -Taking all but stick of RAM out in multiple spots -Change Sata configuration from AHCI to IDE and back should be at AHCI anyway -Bios defaults -No Bios update available -Tried installing onto regular hard drive instead of SSD same issue although SSD was still plugged in -Switching OS -Memtest - passes NO errors was a lovely hr test -Prime - Blend torture test tests CPU and RAM maxed CPU for hours with no issues CPU didn t rise above C -Switching MOBO -Reformat -might be more can t think of any though Knowing this issue isn t just with the Formula I m looking at a hardware issue and I m trying to figure out what I have contacted both major computer shops nearby one though it was the PSU until I told him what it was then the RAM Second place said it was either the hard drive or CPU sounded like he was guessing since they really want their quot advanced quot diagnostic fee So I have a new SSD and RAM in mail new RAM is on support list for MOBO really don t want to replace CPU with Bulldozer a few weeks away They will be here Thursday so I m trying to find out as many ideas as I can may or may not be here Thursday-Saturday so I m not sure when I ll be putting them in FYI - My brother has the same board and RAM although he currently has sticks He has no issues Even helped him put it together worked just like it should which is the main reason I got the board after using the V Formula Any ideas as to what could be causing this issue Any ideas as to what I can do please feel free to share With my old motherboard in I have complete control over my hardware If there is a test you d like me to try let me know I have until the th to find the issue out before I will need to return the board within the -day time frame and before school starts up Need the computer up and running at for online college classes ----Stuff I will be doing -Clearing CMOS forgot about that REALLY hope it s not the issue -Trying Windows XP -May use brothers AMD T six-core processor to try -----Current setup----- Computer Specs Windows -bit Ram - GB G SKILL Ripjaws X Mhz AMD Phenom II X with a ARCTIC COOLING Freezer Pro Heat-sink Motherboard - ASUS Crosshair IV Formula Case - AZZA Hurrican - With additional MM fan at bottom PSU - CORSAIR Enthusiast Series W G SKILL Sniper Gaming Series GB SSD GPU - GIGABYTE GV-N OC- I GeForce GTX Hard Drives- Western Digital Caviar Black WD FAEX TB Western Digital Caviar Green WD EARS TB Sound card - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal ty Professional ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am completely unsure if another issue I m having may or may not be related - BFBC Issue with that game is a TDR crash from the display driver not responding Would also happen on Minecraft Two completely different game... Read more

A:Solved: Possibly defective hardware

even though you might not suspect the psu, have you tried swapping and trying your brother's power supply to try on your set up? buying quality products doesnt make you immune to the margin of products that dont quite work properly

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-possibly-defective-hardware.1016032/
Relevancy 52.03%

My mouse has failed in windows xp and on some restarts I get possibly failure, Mouse more a keyboard error message at BIOS on startup I use the PS port The Mouse won t work but a few times the keyboard has failed too Could I have damaged the port This is a very important machine for me with lots of work stored on it Looking for a DIY or very inexpensive solution So far I have bought a new mouse restarted the computer many times to see if the mouse will work once tried a system restore to hours previous but didn t want to lose recent files The new mouse won t work either The machine is a Dell Dimension My keyboard does work though I can use the machine sure but I like to use Mouse failure, possibly more a mouse I wonder if a running task some software or my magicJack phone USB may have something to do with this Mouse failure, possibly more How can I tell if my pouse PS port is damaged This all started after I cleaned the rollers in my rubber-ball mouse My new mouse is an Optical nbsp

A:Mouse failure, possibly more

Well you could always get a USB mouse instead of a PS2 mouse.

You can also see if you have the Dell diagnostics installed, or urn them from the CD or, download them from the Dell site. You can run those to see what the result of the hardware diagnostics is.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-failure-possibly-more.927165/
Relevancy 52.03%

First off here is my hardware info Windows Professional -bit Original OS was XP SP This Windows Professional is from a driver update - 7 possibly Windows after BSOD clean install and a Site License version I think I wiped the previous XP install Hardware Age June Dell Optiplex OS installed in August of Processor Intel Core Duo E GHz Video Card ATI Radeon HD MotherBoard I couldn't find specifics on this on Dell's site or in Device Manager Power Supply wik The BSOD issue is a very recent thing on a months-old install of Windows The single meaningful change I can think of has to do with some updates I performed the day before the first BSOD Those updates were Quote Intel - Network - Intel R LM- Gigabit Network Connection Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Definition Update for Microsoft Office suites KB -Bit Edition Dell Inc - Bus Controllers and Ports Display Storage - Dell WFP Digital Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x - July KB Update for Outlook Social Connector KB -Bit Edition One thing to note is that for a half-second directly before the BSOD the video output on both monitors becomes quite scrambled and the most recent crash I think occurred as my computer was shifting into the screensaver I don't remember what I was doing when the first BSOD happened but during most of the subsequent ones I was using Adobe Photoshop though I was not always actively moving things about or active in the program in the seconds directly before the BSOD Other than that all I have to offer are the zip files as jcgriff 's post instructed me to include Thanks in advance for the help

A:Windows 7 BSOD - possibly after driver update

Hi -

The bugchecks on all 5 dumps were the same -

0x1 = Asynchronous Procedure Call (APC) index mismatch

This is an internal kernel error usually caused by a driver.

Update both ATI video drivers directly from ATI -

Code:
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: ATI Radeon HD 3450 - Dell Optiplex
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x95C5)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_95C5&SUBSYS_03421028&REV_00
Display Memory: 3059 MB
Dedicated Memory: 248 MB
Shared Memory: 2811 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1200 (32 bit) (59Hz)
Monitor Name: Dell 2408WFP(Digital)
Monitor Model: DELL 2408WFP
Monitor Id: DELA02A
Native Mode: 1920 x 1200(p) (59.950Hz)
Output Type: DVI
Driver Name: atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll
Driver File Version: 8.14.0010.0716 (English)
Driver Version: 8.680.0.0
DDI Version: 10.1
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 11/19/2009 02:18:18, 4675584 bytes

ATI --> http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

Your audio drivers must be updated - they pre-date Windows 7 RTM -

Code:

-------------
Sound Devices
-------------
Description: Speakers (SoundMAX Integrated Digital High Definition Audio)
Default Sound Playback: Yes
Default Voice Playback: Yes
Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_11D4&DEV_194A&SUBSYS_1028027F&REV_1004
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 100
Type: WDM
Driver Name: ADIHdAud.sys
Driver Version: 6.10.0002.7250 (English)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
WHQL Logo'd: n/a
Date and Size: 4/23/2009 11:41:06, 497152 bytes

I see Symantec Endpoint is installed. Is this your choice or that of the school admin? My experience with Endpoint about 15 months ago when this system was running Vista x64 -

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...od-370804.html

You have 8 GB RAM installed - 4x2. WMI is reporting two different manufacturers. It appears 2x2 + 2x2. Did you upgrade the RAM by adding 2x2? If so, take out 2 matching sticks and see how the system runs on the 2 remaining matching sticks - 4 GB RAM, i.e., Is the system more stable?

After the above is completed, run the Driver Verifier --> http://jcgriff2.com/driver_verifier.htm

Windbg Logs
--> http://jcgriff2.com/dbug_logs/_99-db..._jcgriff2_.txt
--> http://jcgriff2.com/dbug_logs/_99-db...riff2_.txt.zip

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Thu Jul 29 19:05:46.592 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:12:24.850
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiSystemServiceExit+245 )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1
PROCESS_NAME: explorer.exe
Bugcheck code 00000001
Arguments 00000000`777a0b8a 00000000`00000000 00000000`0000ffff fffff880`09962c60
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Thu Jul 29 18:52:30.146 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:11:55.822
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiSystemServiceExit+245 )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1
Bugcheck code 00000001
Arguments 00000000`76f10b8a 00000000`00000000 00000000`0000ffff fffff880`090ccc60
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Thu Jul 29 17:39:46.213 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 4:16:08.119
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-7-bsod-possibly-after-driver-update-501863.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I received a hand me down computer from a friend after they got a brand new computer for Christmas. I was given the information that the only issue with it is that it has issues where it will just randomly bsod. It's an older laptop, probably 5-6 years old. I'm not really quite sure how to troubleshoot or repair this issue or even how to find out the root cause. If I could get some assistance that would be much appreciated, thank you in advance.

A:Repeat BSODs, possibly hardware issue?

What is the stop code you are getting?
Make sure the fan isn't clogged with dust!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562864/repeat-bsods-possibly-hardware-issue/
Relevancy 51.6%

I built my PC about months ago hardware... Possibly caused Power Issue? by and have had zero problems with it up until the other day I was playing xbox on the same tv that the computer is hooked up to when I noticed that the tower had shut down this is strange because with my power configuration there is no sleep mode or auto shut down I turned on the tower and it started up just fine made it s way to windows and then almost immedietely the tower turned off again no warning no blue screen no black boot screen and no reports at all from the system when I try to reboot it again I first thought it might be a bad PSU so I went a bought a new one replaced it and had the exact same issue Very frustrating So needless to say I Power Issue? Possibly caused by hardware... am kind of stuck trying to figure out what this could potentially be I have checked all connectors and even took out my video card Power Issue? Possibly caused by hardware... in order to go directly from the MOBO with no success After asking some people I know about this issue and chatting with the store where I buy most of my parts I began to find that this was really stumping people So I took the whole thing back to Micro Center here in Kansas and they ran diagnostics and hooked it up to their power supply the tech working on it had the same issue and after days of them toying with it I had a computer back with the same issue and they told me I should try reformatting my hard drive and restarting since some of my windows updates were failing I wiped the drive and reinstalled windows through the Power Issue? Possibly caused by hardware... entire installation process of windows and most of the initial software installs and updates there were no shut down issues not sure if this can be chalked up to luck or if there is something else at play involving the software which I thought to be unlikely I made it through every driver download and installed almost evertything I previously had on the computer Windows was at the point where it was finding no new updates for me to install so I figured I was golden I shut down the tower and went to bed didn t get back to it till the next evening Sat there watching a movie off of an external hard drive and sure enough it shut right off on me just like it did before This is what I have noticed when this problem starts After a day or so of sitting I can come back to the PC and turn it on and almost guaranteed it will turn on with no issue and make it s way to windows with no issue at this point it s really just a matter of time until the thing randomly shuts off could be hours or so could be minutes Once again there is absolutely no consitency in the timing and no obvious programs running or things occuring on the software side that would trigger a shut down of this abruptness Once the computer has intitiated its first shut down of the day I normally try booting it back up almost immedietely the timing can be anywhere from a second after I hit the power switch all the way to when windows is popping up but regardless the computer will inevitebly shut down again It seems to become increasingly frequent and quicker in its shut down time after that first initial boot up No smells form inside the computer all fans appear to be spinning correctly and mind you it s not just me that checked this thing out I had the techs from Micro Center tell me that everything is set up correctly and all the parts are running exactly how they are suppose to no heat issues observable by software Please if anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it and thank you in advance -Blake Kansas City MO Specs Tower - Corsair Spec- MOBO - ASRock Z Pro CPU - Intel I - k PSU - EVGA Supernova G Memory - Gb Ballistix DDR Hard Drive - WD Black Tb GPU - MSI GTX Gb Windows I mainly use an HDMI cord from my card to my flat screen I also use google fiber internet and it s a wired connection nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Hello I have an old PC that came with Windows of course I have a current Win PC but im quet the legacy user and it crashes constantly It works fine with the BIOS and DOS but not Windows The only Windows version that will be willing to install is Windows and it is also the only one willing to work properly but crashes on startup problem Unknown hardware (possibly Solved: IRQ) screen or when I log in The only time i can get it to run and only for about minutes depending on how hard usage I put it through is in Windows safe mode I read online that it might Solved: Unknown hardware problem (possibly IRQ) be an IRQ problem but now Windows isnt willing to run long enough to allow me to reconfigure IRQ I reserve all my IRQ through BIOS but thats only to quot legacy quot devices Im not sure of my computer type as it has no labels or logos on it Im guessing its a Packard Bell by the way the tower was made Update I have turned my system on for the first time in a while consider this post solved as the computer is dead To my closet it goes nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

P ghz HT mb DDRAM giel value series running on default ati radeon mb sata HDD western digital as mobo Okay heres the problem My HDD died a few weeks ago There were all sorts of scan disk errors and the possibly Harddrive hardware problems, caused? drive couldn t access certian things A system file wen t corrupt and rendered everything inoperable New HDD time Got one from newegg and like one day after installing it It had the same exact problem My roommate assured me that it was just a faulty drive Anywho I RMA ed it and got a new one Its been running fine for about maybe weeks and just now I hear that noise HDD s make when they are having trouble acccesing This happened while playing world of warcraft Then the system froze and rebooted itself It won t boot into windows at all not even safe mode ATM I don t have access to a system install CD I will in a few hours after easter dinner gt lt The only thing I can think of that could possibly be wrong with the rest of my hardware is -the chipset fan died on the as but thats a common problem with that model mobo and I don t think causes any problems -Often when I reboot the system I get a message that says the power cable is not correctly connected Harddrive problems, possibly hardware caused? to my a powerdown and restart usually clears that But I started wondering if maybe it was because I didnt have enough power to run everything that is in there The HDD was on a powerline after the vid card could that do anything Help me out nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Hello everyone,
A week ago I have had reinstalled the OS; since then I got random BSODs, around 4; one related to a failure with system update - I got it fixed. Then, one related with Ethernet drivers, I got it fixed too by installing original drivers from CDs instead of downloading them from the web. However, today I got a BSOD that is possibly related to CPU failure, at least that is all I found out about that error code. Hopefully you'll be able to help me with this one.

Note: I am currently running a CPU stress test on that PC with Prime95 and it shows no warning/errors, the test is being conducted for over 2 hours by now, I started it almost immediately after I found out it may be CPU related.

A:Possibly CPU failure related BSODs

What are your temps on idle and full load?

You can use ether core temp or speccy.
Speccy - Advanced System Information Tool

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/312804-possibly-cpu-failure-related-bsods.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello All For the past few weeks I've been getting BSODs in Windows XP SP -BIt at seemingly random intervals Sometimes I can do several days with no problems other times it'll happen or times in day I followed and/or (Possibly SPTD.sys XP 32-Bit SP3 Related) USBPORT.SYS Windows BSOD the excellent guide posted on these forums by usasma and am hoping someone can help me figure out how to fix Windows XP SP3 32-Bit BSOD (Possibly USBPORT.SYS and/or SPTD.sys Related) this as it's driving me crazy I have completed every step in the guide I linked but can do so again if need be I have a Dell Precision T PC Here's what the debugger says Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version X Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is SRV c symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows XP Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x compatible Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by xpsp sp qfe - Machine Name Kernel base x d PsLoadedModuleList x d Debug session time Wed Mar UTC - System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck D b b d Unable to load image sptd sys Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for sptd sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for sptd sys Probably caused by sptd sys sptd cc Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL d An attempt was made to access a pageable or completely invalid address at an interrupt request level IRQL that is too high This is usually caused by drivers using improper addresses If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace Arguments Arg memory referenced Arg IRQL Arg value read operation write operation Arg b b d address which referenced memory Debugging Details ------------------ READ ADDRESS CURRENT IRQL FAULTING IP USBPORT USBPORT GetEndpointState b b d b f mov edi dword ptr edi h CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR xD PROCESS NAME iexplore exe LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from b bbfda to b b d STACK TEXT b d f b bbfda db bec b d USBPORT USBPORT GetEndpointState x b d f b ca d b d bec b d USBPORT USBPORT DpcWorker x b d f b ca b d b d c USBPORT USBPORT IsrDpcWorker x b d f c b eed cc b d c b USBPORT USBPORT IsrDpc x WARNING Stack unwind information not available Following frames may be wrong b d fcc f f b d c b d sptd x cc b d ff b b a bb nt KiRetireDpcList x b d ff a bb nt KiDispatchInterrupt x b b b f bb xa bb STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP sptd cc b eed cc SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME sptd cc FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME sptd IMAGE NAME sptd sys DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP f ef FAILURE BUCKET ID xD sptd cc BUCKET ID xD sptd cc Followup MachineOwner Thanks for your time and any help you can provide it's much appreciated

A:Windows XP SP3 32-Bit BSOD (Possibly USBPORT.SYS and/or SPTD.sys Related)

If you have Daemon Tools installed...try uninstalling it and running without it to see if BSODs occur.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/527793/windows-xp-sp3-32-bit-bsod-possibly-usbportsys-andor-sptdsys-related/
Relevancy 51.6%

I found the thread BSOD posting for Windows and Vista but I'm running XP As soon as someone points me to the proper place I'll go through those motions Please forgive any breech of protocol Kind of flying blind here so I beg your patience First system info PHP Code -- php buffer start -- code span style color span style color BB span span style color ------------------ br span span style color BB System nbsp Information br Windows related XP [SOLVED] X1900 Possibly ATI BSOD span span style color ------------------ br span span style color BB Time nbsp of nbsp this nbsp report span span style color nbsp span span style color BB span span style color span [SOLVED] Windows XP BSOD Possibly ATI X1900 related span style color BB span span style color span span style color BB span span style color nbsp [SOLVED] Windows XP BSOD Possibly ATI X1900 related span span style color BB span span style color span span style color BB span span style color span span style color BB br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Machine nbsp name span span style color nbsp span span style color BB HIDAKA br nbsp nbsp nbsp Operating nbsp System span span style color nbsp span span style color BB Windows nbsp XP nbsp Home nbsp Edition nbsp span span style color span span style color BB span span style color nbsp span span style color BB Build nbsp span span style color nbsp span span style color BB Service nbsp Pack nbsp nbsp span span style color span span style color BB xpsp sp gdr span span style color - span span style color BB span span style color br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB Language span span style color nbsp span span style color BB English nbsp span span style color span span style color BB Regional nbsp Setting span span style color nbsp span span style color BB English span span style color br span span style color BB System nbsp Manufacturer span span style color nbsp span span style color BB MICRO span span style color - span span style color BB STAR nbsp INTERNATIONAL nbsp CO span span style color nbsp span span style color BB LTD br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp System nbsp Model span span style color nbsp span span style color BB MS span span style color - span span style color BB br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp BIOS span span style color nbsp span span style color BB Phoenix nbsp span span style color - nbsp span span style color BB AwardBIOS nbsp v PG br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Processor span span style color nbsp span span style color BB AMD nbsp Athlon span span style color span span style color BB tm span span style color nbsp span span style color BB nbsp X nbsp Dual nbsp Core nbsp Processor nbsp span span style color nbsp nbsp span span style color BB MMX span span style color nbsp nbsp span span style color BB DNow nbsp span span style color span span style color BB nbsp CPUs span span style color nbsp span span style color BB GHz br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Memory span span style color nbsp span span style color BB MB nbsp RAM br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Page nbsp File span span style color nbsp span span style color BB MB nbsp used span span style color nbsp span span style color BB MB nbsp available br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Windows nbsp Dir span span style color nbsp span span style color BB C span span style color span span style color BB WINDOWS br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp DirectX nbsp Version span span style color nbsp span span style color BB DirectX nbsp c nbsp span span style color span span style color BB span span style color br span span style color BB DX nbsp Setup nbsp Parameters span span style color nbsp span span style color BB Not nbsp found br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp DxDiag nbsp Version span span style color nbsp span span style color BB nbsp bit nbsp Unicode br br span span style color ------------ br span... Read more

A:[SOLVED] Windows XP BSOD Possibly ATI X1900 related

Latest BSOD Event:

Photo (sorry about the quality):

And from the event log . . .

PHP Code:

Event Type:    Error
Event Source
:    Service Control Manager
Event Category
:    None
Event ID
:    7000
Date
:        5/8/2011
Time
:        10:21:06 PM
User
:        N/A
Computer
:    HIDAKA
Description
:
The Automatic Updates service failed to start due to the following error
The system cannot find the file specified

For 
more informationsee Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. 

and

PHP Code:

Event Type:    Error
Event Source
:    Service Control Manager
Event Category
:    None
Event ID
:    7026
Date
:        5/8/2011
Time
:        10:21:06 PM
User
:        N/A
Computer
:  &... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-windows-xp-bsod-possibly-ati-x1900-related-572402.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I ve got a pretty big problem with my PC I had a problem about a month ago with some spyware can t remember the name of it sorry that involved having to delete a file named STPD sys that was associated with daemon tools a virtual disk drive program I couldn t boot up normally because I got a BSOD before it finished booting and safe mode would freeze after asking if I wanted to skip loading STPD sys It worked fine if I possibly hardware Massive by virus? caused problem booted up in debugging mode so I did some googleing and fixed the problem However shortly after that the sound Massive hardware problem possibly caused by virus? on my Massive hardware problem possibly caused by virus? PC stopped working Whenever I tried to listen to my music or something else involving the speakers I would get an error saying that I didn t have a soundcard That made no sense because it was working ten minutes prior so got curious and opened device manager and NOTHING shows up on it No hard drives disk drives keyboard mouse or anything The computer boots up fine but I ve got no sound nothing plugged up to a USB port works and other assorted problems I ve tried every anti-virus program I can think of and no viruses come up Could I have messed something up when I had to boot up in debugging mode Could a nasty virus be doing this I m at my wits end here and I would hate to have to do a full system recovery because I have a lot of pictures and stuff I d hate to loose I m hopping that it s something simple I ve missed but I don t have the foggiest idea My operating system is windows XP I don t know if a hijack this log would be in order here but I can get one for you if you need one Thanks in advance and I hope you guys can help me nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/massive-hardware-problem-possibly-caused-by-virus.884730/
Relevancy 51.17%

I was told to try and post in here to see if any experts here can diagnose a possible issue with my Windows Updates behaving oddly They think that while my Windows Update is saying it's up-to-date it really isn't and is skipping updates Here is the reference thread Daily BSOD x MsMpEng exe SINGLE DPC TIMEOUT EXCEEDED In summary I am having BSoD problems possibly something to do with a USB device The BSoD is usually reporting a DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION error code x and it happens sporadically but relatively consistently We're still working on debugging the issue and trying things but one problem of note has been that my relatively new and fresh install of Windows doesn't seem to be grabbing as many updates as are expected There are quite a few files attached to the parent post linked above but I'll insert my windows update logs here for reference I have just run Windows Update and installed all updates it has suggested I have no hidden updates and it says that everything is up-to-date Windowsupdate log Windowsupdate log Full SF Diagnostic Tool output SF - - zip Reference post specifics Originally Posted by blueelvis I am Windows missing updates, Issues, Update possibly BSoD astonished to see that you are seeing only available update On my system Also Windows Pro there are more than updates installed At this point of time I would suggest you to use the device on another Windows machine and see if you are still getting the BSOD Windows Update Issues, possibly missing updates, BSoD or not This is because there are very very few updates installed on the system and that could be causing problems Originally Posted by blueelvis I am just curious as to how come the system has got only updates installed and the system is showing that there are no further updates Sure this driver is provided by Microsoft but there is very well a chance where the base operating system files were updated -Pranav Originally Posted by usasma As such I suspect a USB problem - but am not sure exactly what's causing it Right now I don't even have enough info to guess between hardware and software And normally we discount the possibility of Windows problems - but there's evidence of a problem with your Windows Updates so it could also be a Windows problem Back when Win first came out it was having problems counting the updates This problem was so obvious that I started cautioning people to not rely on the number of updates That problem seems to have gone away as matured - but I have to wonder if your system is still affected by it I call this into question because the drivers starting with USB are very similar to mine - and if your system was so far out of date then I'd suspect to see more problems with older drivers in the memory dumps FYI - the kernel ntkrnlmp exe is dated from Wed Oct - on my system it's dated from Oct Good luck Originally Posted by usasma The time zone difference between date stamps on drivers is a complicated one We decided to stop using date time stamps in the DRT mainly due to that issue What I think is that the system is fully updated - but Windows isn't displaying an appropriate number of drivers The few Windows drivers that I've looked at are all updated to approximately the same level as my system But there is the issue about not displaying all updates - so this may actually be normal for this copy of the OS And there is the issue of Windows Updates errors in the WER section of MSINFO - but the majority of the errors were from Dec with only on Dec only on Jan and only on Jan I'd like to see if the Windows Update amp Activation experts can tell us if the system is fully updated

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/61784-windows-update-issues-possibly-missing-updates-bsod.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have rebuilt a custom 2 year old system did a fresh windows 7 install home premium. All hard drives have been formatted. No old files used. Installed a new XFX 7870 card. I installed as many windows updates as it recomended including sat pack 1. I got a BSOD while watching a Youtube with Google. Avg turns up nothing. I have been useing CCleaner. Not sure if that is a no, no. If you need more info let me know. Thanks for any help.

A:BSOD Playing youtube videos possibly after windows update

Code:
Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys
Image name: atikmdag.sys
Timestamp: Wed Dec 19 12:38:55 2012
Update your Graphic Card Driver

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/288470-bsod-playing-youtube-videos-possibly-after-windows-update.html
Relevancy 50.31%

software.

I became concerned after reading this thread post.

I want to stress that I want to thouroughly clean my system. If wiping everything and starting anew is the only way, just tell me that.

I'm running Windows 8, 64bit, on a Lenovo Y500. It happens to have a "Lenovo Button" which will "reset to factory settings".

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: wanted to emphasize that I want everything cleared from hardware trojans to firmware malware to any software problems.

A:Possibly infected. Want to eliminate any risk of malware in firmware, hardware &

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop.* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.* Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtDownload Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder..... mbar-log-xxxxx.txt and system-log.txt Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.rKill.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.Do not reboot until instructed.If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.When the scan is done Notepad will open with rKill log.Post it in your next reply.NOTE. rKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.NOTE Do NOT wrap your logs in "quote" or "code" brackets.Do NOT use spoilers.Do NOT edit your reply to post additional logs. Create new reply. I'll not get any email notifications about edits so I won't know you posted something new.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/528401/possibly-infected-want-to-eliminate-any-risk-of-malware-in-firmware-hardware/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi guys I -- system possibly hardware related? Total crashes (south bridge) need a little help diagnosing a weird problem It began when I noticed that my mouse and keyboard weren't being recognized by the BIOS during bootup -- but Total system crashes -- possibly hardware (south bridge) related? oddly enough they were recognized and worked fine once Windows booted I tried a couple of things ended up reflashing the BIOS but no dice Finally I figured out that I happened to have both the KB and Total system crashes -- possibly hardware (south bridge) related? mouse plugged into USB slots in the back of the computer When I plugged them into normal USB slots they were recognized fine by the BIOS Now I'm having random crashes I came to my computer a couple of days ago and it had apparently crashed and rebooted telling me something along the lines of quot please insert valid boot media quot I was terrified that my hard drive fried so I tried rebooting again and this time it worked perfectly And ran for a couple of hours before I got a frozen screen for a couple of minutes it looked like a standard quot firefox locked up quot situation followed by this screen popping up http i imgur com vbOuo jpg for a couple of seconds before the computer crashed and rebooted again So far I've reflashed the BIOS and run Windows' simple boot-disk quot repair errors quot diagnostic Neither helped I'm leaning towards this having something to do with a bad southbridge but I didn't want to run out and buy a new mobo until I know it's the problem As far as I know it could be a bad video card I've had weird pieces of hardware cause weird problems in the past Is there any advice any of you can give for how to go about figuring this out

A:Total system crashes -- possibly hardware (south bridge) related?

Please follow the http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html to provide us with the crash reports so we can give accurate troubleshooting steps.

A windows system process was terminated unexpectedly. Possible causes are hard disk errors... System file corruption... Viruses... Lack of Windows updates... Drivers...

Begin with the following steps:If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.
Run Disk Check with both boxes checked for all HDDs and with Automatically fix file system errors checked for all SSDs. Post back your logs for the checks after finding them using Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log
Run SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker up to three times to fix all errors. Post back if it continues to show errors after a fourth run or if the first run comes back with no integrity violations.
If you continue to have crashes after doing the above, remember to follow the http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html to provide us with more information.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/217151-total-system-crashes-possibly-hardware-south-bridge-related.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I am unable to delete a allocated failure non to key user delete a sid registry to (possibly) existent registry entry The registry entry is inside a driver entry When I try to read the entry I get access denied error Logging as administrator using regedit with system account failure to delete a registry key allocated to (possibly) non existent user sid are of no use I am unable to take ownership of the failure to delete a registry key allocated to (possibly) non existent user sid entry through that entry or through its parent using replace ownership of key and its child keys options have failed I think the failure is happening because the SID assigned to the entry is non existent - proabably a trick to not allow me to remove the service entry in registry I would be grateful if somebody could suggest me a solution The only solution I have not yet tried and am reluctant to is fixit tool from microsoft it is going to be my last resort The problem started when I noticed that a driver file is being loaded at boot up time sptd sys I do not have any utility that should be using the driver dameon tool alcohol - I do not want this driver - it may be a malware Any help would be great Thanks in advance

A:failure to delete a registry key allocated to (possibly) non existent user sid

Cancel your edit by pushing the "Back" button in your browser.

Most likely this can't be done because the program (and driver) are being used at that time.

Boot into Safe Mode and ensure that the driver isn't being loaded, then try it.

I'd recommend against messing with the registry in this way when there's many simpler ways to do this (services.msc, tweaking programs, etc).

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/240410-failure-delete-registry-key-allocated-possibly-non-existent-user-sid.html
Relevancy 49.88%

My laptop should still be under warranty, so this problem should be covered right? Right now when I try to start up my ACER laptop it makes this clicking sounds, presumably it's the hard drive. What options do I have? Is there any simple solution to fix this? I've only had this laptop for maybe 5 months and did experience random BSODs, one within a week of purchasing. However when I called ACER about it they said only an imminent failure would be covered.
Well, now this is imminent, I was playing some games on my laptop when my PC randomly froze. Then when I turned it on I got the no bootable device error.
Any thoughts on what I should do?

A:no bootable device out of the blue Possibly hard drive failure

Hi achen

If you hear clicking sounds coming from where the hard drive is . That's a sign to replace your drive . If possible remove it and add to a desktop has a slave drive and copy your files over . Files that are in C:\Users\[your account name] , my documents , favorites , my music , my video , and etc .

Yes ACER should replace the hard drive . It is still under warranty .

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/284441-no-bootable-device-out-blue-possibly-hard-drive-failure.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Yesterday one of my computers began locking up while playing WoW It's freeze up and lots of random colored dots would appear about the screen I rebooted the computer and it happened again Then it began to happen even in Windows without doing anything but having the computer on After a few more crashes I found that the text and graphics on the startup hardware? - BSOD 7 Windows screens BIOS were garbled as well I thought maybe it's a RAM issue so I removed three of the four RAM sticks and left just one same issue So I removed that one and put in another of the RAM sticks which is of the same specs but a different brand exact same issue At this point I surmised that the video card memory might be corrupted We removed the GT MB that was in it and went and bought a GTS GB and tossed it in The BIOS screens were no longer garbled though the computer gave a quot BOOK DISK FAILURE quot error when trying to boot I used to have this problem on my main machine and oddly enough I could place either the Vista disc or Windows disc in the DVD drive and it boots fine WITHOUT booting from disc which makes no sense BSOD Windows 7 - hardware? to me but works I performed a startup repair and that didn't fix it but leaving the disc in the drive resolved the problem entirely as it had in the past on my main machine This method worked to get past the boot disk failure error I got into Windows however only a few minutes later it began to BSOD randomly and frequently I updated the NVIDIA drivers to no avail I reverted to standard MS video drivers also no go I ran the Windows built-in memory test and it came back clean with no errors I also uninstalled Avast Antivirus to ensure that wasn't interfering with the memory while I work through this A review of the memory dumps from the crashes showed many culprits a keyboard driver ntfs system file various nvidia drivers There was no consistency in the dump files that would lead me to a specific piece of software or hardware so at this point I thought it has to be memory I figure data is trying to write to some part of the memory and then causing a crash when it gets to a corrupt part I took out two sticks of RAM and left the other two in running in dual-channel mode The computer started up fine and I launched WoW and ran it all night without any problems I got in and used it this morning for a few minutes before work also no problems Now it's apparently exhibiting the same issues again though with less frequency my bf is at home while I'm still at work Tonight I will try the other two sticks of RAM in place of these two and see what happens During these BSODs and subsequent restarts I noticed a couple oddities on two occasions the computer would not post and instead gave a long beep followed by two short beeps The comp has a Pheonix BIOS and everything I read about Pheonix BIOS stop codes didn't appear to match the tone I heard at all yet the IBM standard post code set as well as other types of BIOS consistently said a long beep with two short beeps is a VGA problem This is on a brand new card though many times the computer would get to the point where it's supposed to bring up the Windows splash screen before it actually gets into Windows and instead quickly blip a blue screen and then reboot itself The next startup would then say it didn't shut down properly and recommend that I perform a startup repair which I would decline and the computer would proceed to load into Windows just fine Anyone have an idea of the possible culprit I'm curious if a failing motherboard or PSU could cause this type of issue Is the RAM still the likely offender Could drivers be the sole cause of this Could a faulty PSU corrupt RAM and VRAM thus ruining my previous video card and RAM at coincidentally the same time Any thoughts on which direction I should take this are appreciated Specs from memory Asus M N-SLI Deluxe AMD AthlonXP GB RAM x GB OCZ x GB Corsair all w identical specs and I think PC but can't remember for sure Therm... Read more

A:BSOD Windows 7 - hardware?

Just for the record as we look at various variables, what is the model of that Thermaltake power supply? Some of their supplies are really weak with the exception of the "Toughpower" series. Have you gone in the bios to look at the voltages and the temps, and if not, do that and report them back.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-windows-7-hardware-487940.html
Relevancy 48.59%

System has been running fine for some time. Today I start it up and it has an issue with "new hardware installation". Nothing has changed since yesterday. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

A:New hardware failure...but no new hardware.

Welcome to SF.

I have seen new hardware identified as a result of updating the bios.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/136157-new-hardware-failure-but-no-new-hardware.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello I'm posting here because after a series of days trying to solve the problem I went back to starting point BSOD Dateails of error after machine characteristics OS - Win pro x What was the original installed OS on sthe ystem Win pro Is the OS an hardware 7 BSOD with Windows not and related OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer came installed with Win pro Approximate age of system hardware yo Approximate age of OS installation if you know yo Have you re-installed the OS no CPU i Video Card Saphire HD MotherBoard if NOT a laptop Asus turbo V Power Supply - brand amp wattage if NOT a laptop BSOD related with Windows 7 and not hardware Antec W System BSOD related with Windows 7 and not hardware Manufacturer Keynux Exact model number if laptop check label on bottom P Desktop mid tower Windows working fine up to here start lagging becoming slower and slower after week of point I boot the pc and windows logo shows up and after a minute or so it freezes and gives a BSOD c a the windows subsystem process terminated etc etc c xfd ab x b e this problem was never solved so I send the HD BSOD related with Windows 7 and not hardware sata Tb to a professional that open in clean room he also clean the wallet and made a clone in another HD meanwhile I try old clone done years ago in another HD and it boots fine and windows works nice But this clone lacks many programs installed since then and data I get the new cloned HD from the guy the also cleaned my walletl and I try to boot I do see the windows logo and short after I get the BSOD with message stop c the instruction at x reference memory at etc etc hardware works all fine because I put back old cloned HD and everything works fine I did run times chkdsk r and it finds Kb in bad sectors not much I cannot boot the disk at all but I can see its contend with gparted I really need to restore the Windows because I cannot get back some of the programs installed since old clone very expensive and intricate connections for professional use Can this windows error be overcome Please help if you think the problem can be solved I'm puzzled that the new expensive clone has a error that prevents it to boot Many Thanks

A:BSOD related with Windows 7 and not hardware

Hi, are you able to boot into Safe Mode?

Start your computer in safe mode - Windows Help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/bsod-related-with-windows-7-and-not-hardware-1004442.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello,

I am currently having a BSOD between 1-2 times a day.

custom built my pc about a month ago.

I have run memtest achieved 10+ passes without a problem.

stress tested GPU as the PNY is known to have issues, which i found out after purchase, but no reaction to the stress test.

increased the voltage for the cpu to allow for extra room for the cpu

Windows 7? 64-bit
? Windows 7
? OEM as I made it myself
? less than a month
? less than a month
? intel i5-2500k 3.3ghz oced to 4.6ghz bought as a pre-overclocked bundle
? PNY GEFORCE gtx570
? asus p8z68-v gen3
? CoolerMaster 1000w Silent Pro Gold
? custom built

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA8007903028
BCP3: 00000000BE200000
BCP4: 000000000005110A
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

this is one of the error codes i get, the other one being different in BCP2

BCP2: FFFFFA80111B6028

Cheers

A:BSOD Windows 7 hardware issues

Quote:

Symptom: Device is disabled.
Cause: A device is disabled preventing it from working properly.
Details: The device, D-Link AirPlus G DWL-G510 Wireless PCI Adapter(rev.C), is disabled. If this device is no longer used it may be intentionally disabled. The Plug and Play ID for this device is PCI\VEN_1814-DEV_0302-SUBSYS_3C091186-REV_00\5-D93DF5B-0-0800E6.
Resolution: 1. Determine if you need the device.
2. If you need the device, enable it in Device Manager.
3. If you do not use the device it can be left disabled.

Also

Quote:

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: fffffa801121b028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000be200000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 000000000005110a, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:
------------------

TRIAGER: Could not open triage file : C:\x86\triage\modclass.ini, error 2

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: f

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0337aa58 fffff800`03013a3b : 00000000`00000124 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`1121b028 00000000`be200000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0337aa60 fffff800`031d6c43 : 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`1121cea0 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`1121cef0 : hal!HalBugCheckSystem+0x1e3
fffff880`0337aaa0 fffff800`03013700 : 00000000`00000728 fffffa80`1121cea0 fffff880`0337ae30 fffff880`0337ae00 : nt!WheaReportHwError+0x263
fffff880`0337ab00 fffff800`03013052 : fffffa80`1121cea0 fffff880`0337ae30 fffffa80`1121cea0 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMcaReportError+0x4c
fffff880`0337ac50 fffff800`03012f0d : 00000000`00000004 00000000`00000001 fffff880`0337aeb0 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandler+0x9e
fffff880`0337ac90 fffff800`03006e88 : fffff880`03372180 fffff880`03372180 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandlerWithRendezvous+0x55
fffff880`0337acc0 fffff800`030c562c : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalHandleMcheck+0x40
fffff880`0337acf0 fffff800`030c5493 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxMcheckAbort+0x6c
fffff880`0337ae30 fffff800`030cc3d2 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiMcheckAbort+0x153
fffff880`0339a420 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiDeferredReadyThread+0x2c2

STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: GenuineIntel

IMAGE_NAME: GenuineIntel

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_CACHE

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_CACHE

That's a bad sign of Processor Failure, fix the first and then see if that fixes it, otherwise go new PC shopping, Processors cost almost 1/3rd the cost of a new computer if it's a decent Processor.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-windows-7-hardware-issues-640812.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi Thanks in advance for any help you can provide I've been slowly building up a new system over the last few and with BSOD Install Hardware Windows new months and the final piece was adding a second PNY Nvidia GTS for a dual SLI rig Since installing the new hardware and drivers I've had some issues with an occasional sudden reboot of the PC which I later realized is Win 's new way of dropping a BSOD In the process of all of this I've been installing and uninstalling software like a madman So this week I decided to do a full reinstall of Windows No luck I've tried to eliminate any hardware overheating issues my cards stay below C The reboot crashes have come BSOD with new Windows Install and Hardware when I've been using some pretty low-demand picture editing or when I've been making adjustments in the Nvidia control panel I am hoping someone here can at least point me in the right direction if there is an obvious software issue at play or if I ended up with a defective piece of hardware Many thanks Windows Professional bit Installed this week Asus M N TD EVO Motherboard AMD Phenom II X CPU w GB RAM DDR - x PNY Nvidia GeForce GTS graphic adapters driver ver W OCZ Power Supply NO system overclocking MiniDump Attached

A:BSOD with new Windows Install and Hardware

Dump blames your nVidia Display Drivers, please do the followings...
- Boot into safe mode with networking
- Uninstall the nVidia Drivers (using Device Manager)
- Use driver sweeper to remove leftover nVidia display driver files Guru3D - Driver Sweeper
- Install the latest drivers NVIDIA DRIVERS 266.58 WHQL
- Reboot into normal mode

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa80076e54e0, fffff88010047354, 0, 2}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+156354 )

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/145089-bsod-new-windows-install-hardware.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello fellow Tech Support Guy s members I have a major annoying problem with my Laptop It s not a known brand since it s manufactured in Portugal and it heats up like a beast but that s not why I m here I think I m experiencing a motherboard malfunction the laptop was working perfectly yesterday now when I turn it on I only get a black screen BIOS shows up when i turn it sideways sometimes BIOS Post sometimes doesn t show me my full GB RAM it showed MB booted up and froze when it does boot up completely a minor Failure? Hardware turn flip the computer freezes up I ve done RAM test HDD tests and it passed So I don t know what to do anymore Any thoughts I can t afford a damn laptop this one was given by Hardware Failure? a Government school project and it s not one of the best but I like it and I want to save it A new mobo for it is amp gt gt nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Every time I try to set up a new program, my computer reboots, just without a warning, like i pressed the reset button....
and always when I boot the system up again the windows says it has recovered from a serious error and ask to send report to microsoft... and the technical information about the error is:

does these messages say anything about what is wrong with my computer or is this just some secret messages for bill gates...

This has happened while installing direct x 9 and Norton antivirus 2004 and may other...

Relevancy 48.16%

Ok well im having computer problems first off specs e evga gt ssc ga- p-ds mobo gigs of ram watt psu well i have come off with a big problem recently my computer will randomly please help failure? Hardware :( restart itself i Hardware failure? please help :( could be doing anything playing a game for hours just opening a game minimize firefox click to bring it back up then it restarts so yeh pretty much always restarts itself for no reason i have checked my temps and they are great ive also got top of the line cooling in both cpu and video card since this has been happening like a week later when i turn Hardware failure? please help :( on my computer it takes a while to POST like when you first turn on your computer the first screen will pop up saying hard drive cpu memory etc so pretty much the POST screen for my computer But now when i turn on my computer it takes - seconds to post like my fans and stuff will run and my screen will be black then the post screen comes up - seconds later and its really bugging me Does anyone know if this a mobo or cpu failure and a good guess on what one Thanks Danny nbsp

A:Hardware failure? please help :(

i have also tried unplugging all hard drives ,ide cables, cdroms all sticks of ram except one . and just left in my video card cpu and mobo and it still takes 25-45 seconds to post so ram , hard drive ,cd rom etc is fine is has to be the cpu or mobo then but maybe im wrong

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hardware-failure-please-help.779737/
Relevancy 48.16%

I bought a laptop for my personal use an year back.. Although, it was from a leading computers' manufacturing firm, I've gone through series of hardware failures within the one year. That's not the end, I was covered with warranty so I managed to replace the items which were malfunctioning or completely gone dead. Now I am out of warranty and am not wiling to spend any money for repairing or replacing it unless I get a minimum of 3-5 years warranty cover for hardware components from the manufacturer or any third-party trustful source at convenient charge. What do you think should I look out for some source or simply dump the one which is causing trouble??

A:Hardware Failure

Well buy reputable brands and they should not fail under normal circumstances.

What hardware in particular is failing?

What brand is the computer?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/69358-hardware-failure.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi guys, I have a Dell machine and my computer won't read my harddrives or my cd drive. It was working 10 minutes ago... I would assume my motherboard isn't reading my PCIs? Ive tried running every part individually in another comp including the IDEs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 48.16%

Ok so the other night I came home after work to a dead desktop computer I have a gateway running on Windows phenom II x processor gb nvidia dedicated graphics and gb of ram x gb After the Windows logo Hardware failure. appears I get a blue screen and auto restart after which it gets stuck at the scanning drives screen I can't start in safe mode and when I try to run system recovery restore in the computer repair option I get an error cannot find the path specified I've tried starting my computer with no graphics Hardware failure. card and a different graphics card as well encountering the same issue I think I've also tested each stick of ram individually with no difference What is wrong with my computer D Oh and the error codes I got after disabling auto restart are xfffff a xffffffffc a x There was one more code but the screen is off center so I couldn't catch all of it

A:Hardware failure.

Can I please get some assistance ? D: I'd like to know what part I need to replace or if this is even a problem with the hardware. Help please =(

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/553428/hardware-failure/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello,

Recently purchased new motherboard MSI A88XM-E35 and a new CPU cooler because something was wrong with my computer. before all of that happened, The PC ran perfectly. Few days later it started to fail on me. The PC booted good, gpu, case fan and the CPU fan was all running. I didn't know what happened and so I researched online, most people said it was a Motherboard issue. When I installed the new motherboard I still have the same problem! I don't know but it could be a CPU problem. Please help me out here guys. Much appreciated.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/128641-pc-hardware-failure.html
Relevancy 48.16%

My power supply apparantly went bad and messed up 4 of my drives. 3 of them are under warranty and 1 not which is cool. But the problem is that one of them which was a slave to the master contained a whole bunch of valuable information which I would like to recover. Now I tried slaving it off again but it doesn't even get recognized in my bios. So my question, is there any way that I can get this data back either through dos or something. I really need this data bad, and if I have to I will have to pay to get it back but I am trying to avoid that since I heard that is pretty costly. Please help thanks.

Relevancy 48.16%

Ok I have been away for hardware this failure? is a weeks and my system used to run I switched off while away I had a large windows update on my return and all was fine apart from a buggy Explorer fault that has been ongoing for a while but was not a big hassle all worked ok then I had a few serious freezes with the only way out was cutting the power then I got cpu overclock error I is this a hardware failure? tried to use repair consol then I tried to reinstall windows and got a bsod with error IRQL not less or equal then later page fault in non page area is this a hardware failure? then my win disk would not be recognised when I was mostly complete with a new win instillation on another hd It appeared that whatever I tried I was thwarted by a bsod at the last moment I think its the graphics card anyway I have now taken the C drive hd and set it to slave in my spare parts machine and it is totally accessable and I will copy all the data I need Ok before I procede the specs Faulty machine asus A N X deluxe creative FX xp xp home add up to date os on maxtor gig then gig seagate and gig seagate sata hd x ddram pc ithink I had removed the tv card and all usb devices I have now also got a failed xp os on drive D I did make a ghost image which is safe on the drive still in the faulty machine drive E partition on second hd seagate At the moment I am a bit stumped Should I copy the important data to a dvd after installing the writer from the faulty machine then format the drive C Which appears as D in the spare parts machine Put it back in the faulty machine and hopefully install the ghost image to it any tips appreciated Having looked at previous posts I am worried that memory could be faulty also any Ideas folks much appreciated nbsp

A:is this a hardware failure?

I would suggest testing the memory(swap with known good if possible) Same with the CPU(if OCing, try returning to defaults, same with memory timings)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-a-hardware-failure.14799/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey all so my problem started maybe two weeks ago ....pc started freezing and slowing down to unusable speeds.

So after trying a few things virus malware removal etc ... I decided to format.

After a format the computer lasts about 3 days and and then all of a sudden ...it freezes and slows down again to the point it is entirely unusable... In the last few weeks I have formatted like 3times ...just so I get some use out of it.

So I assume it's a hardware related problem.......but how do I find out what hardware is causing problem?

The pc ....... Intel core i7-920 2.66Ghz,patriot DDR 3 6Gb ram,His 1GB 5870 VGA,WD SATAN 1TB HDD Running win 7 home 64.

Any help would be appreciated...thx
Oh and no DVD drive on this pc.

Edit.. After about 10attempts this time I was able to system restore....pc seems fine again ...for now lol.

A:Hardware failure?

*bump

Problem still persists ......

Seems weird that a system restore is able to fix the problem ..if it's hardware related.

Still same outcome tho ...a few days later and pc fails again...slows,freezes,multiple errors mom.exe and vga driver fails.

Atm I have no idea what's going on ..... Could it be after a format I am downloading the same virus over and over again or is my computer being attacked by some scumbag hacker or just a hardware problem?

Hopefully someone has an idea.

Things to note.... I've run every virus and malware program I can get hold of. I've scanned the HDD for errors with no failures. I've removed each ram stick one at a time, with no results.

Just before pc starts to fail mouse pointer seems to increase in size and type icon ..seems to get much thicker,not sure if that means anything.

Thx for any help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-failure.183514/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi guys

My pc has recently been giving me problems, like it froze sometime ago while I was playing games, it displayed that blue screen with a lot of error codes and then just reboot. So now when I try to format the OS partition and install a fresh copy of windows, it always gives me an error saying that windows cannot format the drive, so please guys I realy need help all of my information is on the other partition, so please any help would be appreciated, adn if possible suggestions to fix the problem will be very much appreciated.

Thanx in advance.

A:Possible hardware failure

First, slave your harddrive to another system and you will be able to access your information which you can then burn to a DVD.

Second, while it it is slaved run a harddrive diagnostics on said harddrive,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/possible-hardware-failure.170730/
Relevancy 48.16%

So recently my computer has been unfixable Let s start from I Hardware think. Failure, the initial boot The majority of the time my computer will turn on light CD drives motherboard mouse and the fans but not the keyboard mouse or hard drive I keep restarting it with the same response The odd thing is that if I let it set for an hour or so it will start up normally When windows runs It runs fine for about - minutes Then it starts hitting some three second or so lag or frame rate frame rate drop then it will fine for like two second then start again It goes Hardware Failure, I think. back and forth between low frame rate and being normal And then it would freeze entirely Hardware So I originally thought that this was a hard drive malfunction I thought that maybe I had messed it up when moving my computer So I bought a new hard drive and reinstalled Windows XP The problem persists but no longer freezes What is wrong -Danny nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hardware-failure-i-think.957039/
Relevancy 48.16%

Ok Im at my wits end with this computer My system will hang for - minutes randomly but with increased frequency right after a boot up It will have moments of response within hang Any click or action performed during the hang will be performed upon the hang finishing The cursor is of the time still responsive If you click on an internet window to close it will say not responding until the hang is over Cntrl-alt-del will pop up after the hang It will never permanently hang And it seems to happen with less frequency after being powered on for a while But will still occur It can happen no matter what i may be doing on the computer I have observed the task manager during hangs and nothing seems to stand out I have done a complete OS reinstall and the problem persists I have replaced the Hardware failure video card gts mb I have run malbytes with no issues I have performed memtest and memory passed I have used passmark software for benchmarking hardware and nothing failed or under performed I have checked all Hardware failure connections within the tower I Hardware failure have lost sleep I m at work when posting this so I don t have my exact pc component list AMD x phenon dual evga gts mb gigabyte motherboard oz ram x - gig sticks windows home i can follow up post more accurate system information Thank you in advance for any help and insight anyone may provide Steven nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

ok so i just HELP failure Hardware PLEASE built this computer Hardware failure HELP PLEASE and im Hardware failure HELP PLEASE having problems for some reason the computer just SHUTS off when i start it up so ill start it up itll start going threw its start up and it just shuts off theres no real time it shuts off it just shuts off I just dont understand why its doing it i thought it might be a power problem so i tried another power supply and it keeps doing the same thing its got a Asus p S D-X mother board radeon video card maxtor gig hard drive i beleive mb of pc ddr patriot ram and a p i beleive around ghz i dont remember off the top of my head so i dont know what the problem is if anyone could help me out that would be great the system doesnt even have a OS on it so i know its not a OS problem its got to be some kind of hardware problem anyhow thanks for your time and i hope i can get some help nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

My PC doesn't show anything but it has power, meaning the monitor is blackout. I opened it and the fan isn't working or not spinning. How can i resolve that problem?

Hi,

We need more information including motherboard, CPU, power supply (brand and watts), video card, Operating System........Just tell us enough to troubleshoot the system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hardware-failure.287115/
Relevancy 48.16%

Help please. I have a failure id and need some info as to what it means. The product id is: F9F41EA#ABU. The failure id is: 9LQKJC-72H88L-MFPU61-61Q303. I presume this is terminal but some info would be nice. Many thanks

A:Hardware failure id

Terminal for the hard drive but not necessarily for the laptop. I assume this error comes up under the hard drive test in diagnostics. The hard drive can be replaced. Are you under warranty?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hardware-failure-id/td-p/5789118
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey guys, lastnight i was downloading Runes of Magic on my laptop, then all of a sudden a blue screen appeared, then the laptop shut down. Now when i try to start my laptop goes into start up scan to check for problems. When it gets done it says "remove any plugged in device, music player device disconnect it now and restart windows." Theres no device connected to the laptop, it keep saying that. I think its hard drive failure, but im not too sure. I've been trying to reinstall windows 7 on it but its been stuck at the same place for a long time. Is it a hard drive failure? Or some other hardware failure?

Perhaps. Go into BIOS and see if you can find anything in there. If the hard drive is listed it should work properly (right?)

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/42068-hardware-failure.html
Relevancy 48.16%

So recently I've been experiencing some very frightening issues with my Y laptop It is the model with the GB GTX m and GB RAM I've had it Hardware Y50-70 Failure? for around two years and it has worked flawlessly until now Yesterday I updated my NVIDIA drivers to version and updating has never been a problem in the past After updating I decided to play Y50-70 Hardware Failure? some NBA K but was experiencing some weird issues The game crashed twice and some graphical elements werent appearing correctly I decided to restart because sometimes the system requires that when updating the drivers nbsp When restarting after shutting off the screen never turned back on but the system lights were on and functioning as if everything was working properly I tried doing several power cycles but the display simply wouldnt work I opened up the back of the computer to check for any loose cables and the only thing I did see was some tape covering a collection of wires that seemed to be hooked into the display but they looked undamaged and completely attatched After closing it back up I tried starting it while it was still laying somewhat sidways and it then booted just fine I then played a few games for a couple hours and then it all of a sudden lost power with a very loud popping sound This happened again when I managed to get it booted again and my roommate tossed a pen to me which hit the laptop causing it to shut completely off again nbsp I don't know what could be causing the laptop to lose power like this when being hit by something not even that hard nothing like this has happened in the past Now in order to turn it on I have to wait a few minutes before trying or else I'll get the same issue where no display will appear almost as if it needs to cool down or something I ran several diagnostics tests from Lenovo and other SMART tests as well as completely uninstalled my display drivers and then reinstalled a reference one from Lenovo I'm scared to try lightly hitting it to see if I can replicated the issue where it loses complete power because I don't want to damage anything nbsp Also when I tried playing K again the game was taking incredibly long to load in took around minutes when it usually takes less than seconds When the game finally did load after about five minutes of playing the display on the laptop went haywire with a flash of colors and some really loud and frightening electrical sounds and the device completely lost power again I have since run more diagnostics tests and virus scans but they all report no issues I'm at a loss for what to do here because the laptop's warranty is expired and I wonder if I'll ever be able to use it reliably again nbsp Sorry for making a huge wall of text I just wanted to provide as much detail as possible I have attatched one of the diagnostics logs just in case they are of use to anyone nbsp Thanks Report doc KB

A:Y50-70 Hardware Failure?

That really doesnt sound like a software problem. I am guessing you HDD is failing, are you sure those were electrical noises and not coming from the HDD? Did you check the power supply, the cable or used a diffrent socket? Open up the laptop, clean it of dust, especially the heatsinks. Check for any kind of wire that has lost its insulation and is exposed. Also check if something like e.g a paperclip has made its way into the laptop causing short circuits

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y50-70-Hardware-Failure/td-p/3436503
Relevancy 48.16%

I recently installed the quot Windows Service Pack quot SP I turned off my computer and Failure) + BSOD (Windows SP1 it would load the main BSOD + (Windows SP1 Failure) screen then a black screen would appear with an error xc ----- Something like this I tried to do a system restore and it took hours BSOD + (Windows SP1 Failure) to do it never actually did the restore It said quot Finalizing Files quot then it would stay there for hours on end After I restarted my computer I got this blue screen which says quot A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer CONFIG INITIALIZATION FAILED If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps IT GIVES THE STEPS ABOUT RECENT HARDWARE BEING IMPROPERLY INSTALLED Below these two steps it says this Technical Information STOP x x x xc x The only way I was able to see this screen is when I went to advanced options and stopped auto restart on crash This is a Dell Inspiron I am currently on a different computer trying to find a solution for this problem I really need some help as soon as possible thanks

A:BSOD + (Windows SP1 Failure)

Can you get into Windows at all? Even Safe Mode?

I suggest starting all troubleshooting with the following diagnostic tests. They'll save you a lot of time and heartache if there is a hardware failure, and you'll have the disks on hand in case you need them in the future:

Quote:

H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)
HD Diagnostic (read the details at the link) - Test ALL of the hard drives.

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: Free Online AntiMalware Resources (read the details at the link)
There are also free, bootable antivirus disks at this link: Free Online AntiMalware Resources

This is an infrequent error that means that the registry couldn't find enough space to load in memory. Since it's early in the boot process, this shouldn't happen - so I suspect a RAM issue (although the HDD could also be at fault).

Run the diagnostics above and let us know the results. We'll move on from there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-windows-sp1-failure-592208.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Several months ago I put windows on my custom desktop and really enjoyed it As of a few weeks ago I started getting random bluescreens They became more and more frequent with wildly ranging error codes Unable to pin down a particular cause I wrote hardware 8.1 Windows Fresh - - BSOD Likely install of it off as random issues with windows With the latest build build my computer has been a nightmare I've seen every bsod under the sun WHEA uncorrectable error IRQL not less or equal critical process died driver manager io violation unexpected kernel mode trap kernel security check failure and I decided enough Fresh install of Windows 8.1 - BSOD - Likely hardware was enough I reset the bios to default settings disabled overclock I reseated all power connections cleaned out all the dust and wiped my boot drives With a fresh install of windows all seemed to be going well Until Fresh install of Windows 8.1 - BSOD - Likely hardware just hours after fresh install I'm watching a movie with my wife and bam WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR Just had a second one while typing this Today is not a good day Computer build mostly in Asus z Sabertooth BIOS latest Intel i k Corsair h i Seasonic SS- KM watt x GB OCZ Vertex in RAID x G SKILL Ripjaw X gb DDR EVGA GTX Classified Currently in default bios no OC sfc scannow no integrity violations chkdsk no bad sectors CrystalDiskInfo reports both drives in good health Memory Diagnostic test - no errors I'll probably pull the graphics card tonight but it seems to be either pointing to my power supply my drive array or something equally as random I tend to doubt it is the psu as the problem doesn't seem to come up while gaming or cpu heavy tasks - highest draw If anything it is less frequent no data to back that up though Any help would be greatly appreciated I use my desktop for work and these issues are really killing my productivity Thank you DESKTOP -Fri zip

A:Fresh install of Windows 8.1 - BSOD - Likely hardware

Got a new bsod That I had never seen before today. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (win32k.sys)

Might remove 2 sticks of RAM just to see if that helps things.

DESKTOP8-Sat_06_27_2015_103414_94.zip

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/67839-fresh-install-windows-8-1-bsod-likely-hardware.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Brand new computer All hardware is bought new So I installed Windows on my new PC for the first time I've had numerous BlueScreens I've attached all the minidump files I've got so far and all I'm asking is for someone to analyze them for me before I try to reinstall Windows I really want to know where the error comes from I'd really appreciate it and would save a new in - 64 Ultimate hardware! Windows BSoD 7 brand lot of time I've tried to BSoD in Windows 7 Ultimate 64 - brand new hardware! use Windbg to analyze the dmp files BSoD in Windows 7 Ultimate 64 - brand new hardware! myself but I'm not familiar with the program and don't really have the expertise needed I've had two different BlueScreen types so far quot DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL quot quot Page Fault in Non Paged Area quot The BSoD usually happens when I'm playing Heroes of Newerth it seems to happen at a random point of the game I once had the BSoD appear right before completing an installation of another game I've checked all my drivers and according to Windows Device Manager they're all up to date OS Windows Ultimate List of hardware CyberLink DVD Suite Channel OEM CD for XP Vista Windows ASUS P Q SE P Socket- DDR ATX GbLAN ICH PCI-Ex Intel Core Quad Q Quad Core Ghz Socket MB W Mhz Gainward GeForce GTS GB PhysX CUDA PCI-Express GDDR DVI native-HDMI HDCP Lite-On DVD RW burner IHAS - SuperAllWrite x x DVD RW SATA Black Corsair Value S BSoD in Windows 7 Ultimate 64 - brand new hardware! PC DDR GB Kit w two matched Value Select MB Seagate Barracuda GB SATA- MB RPM CNet Wireless-G PCI Mbps g WPA AES WPA RP-SMA Please take a look at the Minidump files And if you need any more information I'll be happy to provide it Thanks in advance EDIT The RAM was the problem I've replaced the RAM units with my old units and it seems to work now Thank you everyone

A:BSoD in Windows 7 Ultimate 64 - brand new hardware!

Could someone who knows more about BSODs than me please correct/confirm this?

Try opening an elevated command prompt and running sfc /scannow.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/59202-bsod-windows-7-ultimate-64-brand-new-hardware.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Been having problems with this new ITX system. Changed motherboard 4 times, changed CPU once. In order to keep it short, I won't elaborate on the problems happened in the last 3 times.

This time around, I get 3 BSODs within a day after installing new motherboard and freshly installed Windows 7 64-bit. The third BSOD happened while running the dump & system collection app.

The necessary files are attached. Additional info below:

Is Windows 7 . . .
- x64
- Reinstalled OS on the system
- OEM version of Windows 7 (disc given)
- Age of hardware: Less than a month (motherboard is only one-day old)
- Age of OS: Less than one-day old

Please help to shed some light on what's wrong.

Thank you very much.

Cheers,
Lorika

A:BSOD - Fresh Hardware & Windows 7 Installation

Hi,

What Model PSU are you using?

The dump files do not point to a 3rd party driver as a probable cause, meaning that it is either a "hidden" driver or hardware. As your drivers look ok, and you have re-installed several times I suspect hardware on this one.

Run a memtest yet?

Quote:
Memtest - Instructions:

Download the ISO (or the .exe for USB drives) from here Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Then (if you have chosen the ISO) burn the ISO using IsoRecorder: ISO Recorder v3 Download (How to use IsoRecorder)

Boot from the CD/USB and run the test (at least 7 passes per test) with only one stick of RAM in place at a time.

It is a time consuming process but it is the only way to be sure it isn't a RAM fault.

For your final test, run the test with all the RAM in place.

Regards,
Reventon

BUGCHECK SUMMARY
Code:

Debug session time: Wed Jul 28 22:40:50.601 2010 (GMT+12)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:07:18.835
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffffa8004e784d1, fffff880071fece0, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiSystemServiceHandler+7c )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
PROCESS_NAME: WmiPrvSE.exe
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Debug session time: Wed Jul 28 19:45:36.793 2010 (GMT+12)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:24:04.981
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff80002bea42e, fffff88006d195d0, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ObpCloseHandleTableEntry+3e )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Debug session time: Wed Jul 28 17:37:28.869 2010 (GMT+12)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:03:47.103
BugCheck A, {fffffa802445e4a2, 2, 0, fffff800028db077}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiInsertTimerTable+157 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA
PROCESS_NAME: System

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/100350-bsod-fresh-hardware-windows-7-installation.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I've been trying to install Vista Bit for many days now with no luck I've been getting all types of bluescreens while installing Off the Hardware BSOD Windows Nightmare 64 Bit Vista top of my head I can remember x c and x Since I've been getting these bluescreens I've been frequenting these forums I think I've tried everything I've tried going Windows Vista 64 Bit Hardware BSOD Nightmare into the BIOS Windows Vista 64 Bit Hardware BSOD Nightmare and disabling pretty much anything that didn't have anything Windows Vista 64 Bit Hardware BSOD Nightmare to do with the computer actually functioning including my USB mouse among other BIOS settings I've tried to configure I've also flashed my BIOS with the latest BIOS version I've tried using different DVD drives and hard drives with no luck I've even purchased new Kingston DDR Mhz ram If anyone can please look into my issue and shed some light on this I'd really appreciate it My hardware specs Kingston GB Mhz ram Maxtor Gb Hard drive R LO Intel Dual Core GHZ PC Chips P G MOBO with new BIOS updates Mb ATI Radeon Pro AGP with new Vista drivers on CD which I always remove during instillation

A:Windows Vista 64 Bit Hardware BSOD Nightmare

Hi mate.

I did some googleing and found some clues.

The 0x9c error seems to be related to a bug in hardware (since you have changed your RAM, maybe your CPU is having troubles?)
However I could only find stopreasons for 32bit CPU's and Itanium CPU's.

On the 0x124 error I found some info on (yet again) hardware error and it is recommended to try updating all i\o drivers (videocard, soundcard, chipset, etc)

Good luck, see if you can write down any more specific bluescreens.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/55042-windows-vista-64-bit-hardware-bsod-nightmare.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey if anyone can help me with this my brand new machine is crashing multiple hardware new BSOD's!!! Windows 7 + constant = brand times over the day and it s driving me crazy Here s the short version of the story Bought a brand new system specs below Windows 7 + brand new hardware = constant BSOD's!!! and got windows bit installed with Windows 7 + brand new hardware = constant BSOD's!!! it After a couple days of having it home I started to experience BSOD s very randomly Usually it tended to be if I started the system left it idle for minutes it would crash after which I could start it and it would stay on and idle all day without issue However as the days went by the BSOD s became more frequent sometimes crashing times in a row before the system would start up and crashing both while idle and while actively on the Windows 7 + brand new hardware = constant BSOD's!!! machine Took the system back to the store They wiped the hard drive and ended up replacing the motherboard They told me the system was running for several days without issue and so I picked it up and brought it home It s been with me now for days and I m facing the exact same problem I was before constant BSOD s as frequent as they were before I figure this has to be a driver problem something I have installed that the machine doesn t like but since I got the system back I haven t installed very much at all I ll list the programs below After the last crash now the computer is trying to boot from the CD-ROM by default and won t boot windows unless I mash on F and select the hard drive If anyone can help me out I m going kinda crazy here buying a brand new machine and having it constantly crash is rather frustrating I ve read a few people having similar problems that seem to have been solved by upping the voltage being supplied to the RAM but I really don t want to mess with those settings without a little insturction first so if anyone thinks it d help I could try it out Here are my specs any help would be great appreciated Thanks in advance Intel Core i GHz Quad-Core -bit Asus P T Motherboard Corsair TripleX XMS GB kit x GB DDR x GB total RAM LG Electronics Super Multi Double Layered x DVD Writer x Seagate Barracude GB HD QuadroFX Windows Home Premium Edition Bit In addition to that I also have an older GB hardrive hooked into the system Other than the drivers for these the only other programs I have installed are Firefox Windows Live iTunes Quicktime Maya and zBrush and AVG The one clue I have is when I got the system home for the nd time the very first thing I did was update the graphic card drivers and when I tried that I got a BSOD but after restart them I was able to install fine I m quite positive they are the correct drivers but who knows So after that longer than intended post can anyone offer any advice nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

Hello I'm posting here because after a series of days trying to solve the problem I went back to starting point BSOD Dateails of error after machine characteristics OS - Win pro x What was the original installed OS on sthe ystem Win pro Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer came installed with Win pro Approximate age of system hardware yo Approximate age of OS installation if you know yo Have you re-installed the OS no CPU i Video Card Saphire HD MotherBoard if NOT a laptop Asus turbo V Power Supply - brand amp wattage if NOT a laptop Antec W System Manufacturer Keynux Exact model number if laptop check label on bottom P Desktop mid tower Windows working fine up to here start lagging becoming slower and slower after week of point I boot the pc and windows logo shows up and after a minute or so it freezes and gives a BSOD c a the windows subsystem process terminated etc etc not hardware BSOD with 7 software related Windows c xfd ab x b e this problem was never solved so I send the HD sata Tb to a professional that open in clean BSOD related with Windows 7 software not hardware room he also clean the wallet and made a clone in another HD meanwhile I try old clone done years ago in another HD and it boots fine and windows works nice But this clone lacks many programs installed since then and data I get the new cloned HD from the guy the also cleaned my walletl and I try to boot I do see the windows logo and short after I get the BSOD with message stop c the instruction at x reference memory at etc etc hardware works all fine because I put back old cloned HD and everything works fine I did run times chkdsk r and it finds Kb in bad sectors not much I cannot boot the disk at all but I can see its contend with gparted I really need to restore the Windows because I cannot get back some of the programs installed since old clone very expensive and intricate connections for professional use Can this windows error be overcome Please help if you think the problem can be solved I'm puzzled that the new expensive clone has a error that prevents it to boot Many Thanks PS I can access to the new clone disk from another hard drive with linux fedora

A:BSOD related with Windows 7 software not hardware

Quote:
Please help if you think the problem can be solved.

Some information about the BSOD is needed. Provide a camera snap of the BSOD screen at least which will give the onscreen codes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/372400-bsod-related-windows-7-software-not-hardware.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,

I'm new to this sort of thing so please bear with me. I have a Windows 7 64bit computer and I keep getting a BSOD. The dumps all tell me that I have a hardware error but I can't isolate it. I have swapped out my RAM chips, disabled my NIC, swapped out my video cards and I keep getting the same error. Attached is my analysis from the Microsoft Diagnostic and Recovery Tool. Let me know if you need anything else?

A:BSOD - Windows 7 64bit - Hardware Error 124

Welcome!

Have you tested your hard drive? Go to the manufacturer's site and download their advanced diagnostic tools.

Also, are you overclocking? If so, stop, and see if the problem goes away. If you are running RAID, try updating the drivers.

Good luck!

~JK

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/62131-bsod-windows-7-64bit-hardware-error-124-a.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I have an older desktop Compaq Presario SR5707C circa '08 originally ran windows vista upgraded to windows 7 motherboard is a MCP61PM-HM (Iris8) NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 onboard graphics AMD Athlon X2 4850e processor power supply 250w brand unknown problem: originally froze with vertical lines appearing on screen. was having hangup issues. Now either freezes ourtright or restarts itself or gives BSOD.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/600076/bsod-windows-7-older-compaq-hardware/
Relevancy 47.73%

the model for this is Aspire M with the default hardware inside Windows Home Premium Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz GHz GB RAM -bit operating system current hardware issue intel R LF- Gigabit Network Connection After a proper shutdown and some hours of rest for the CPU i turned it on and found that my LAN Wired connection was not connected upon startup there's no PC activity on the modem itself Modem is working fine Eternet cable is working fine i had used the same modem and cable for my laptop internet runs fine there's PC activity this would mean that the problem for my no access for LAN connection would windows to BSOD 7 issue relating hardware be hardware issue in the CPU itself upon opening device manager intel R LF- Gigabit Network Connection seems not abled to function as per normal a note 'Device is not working properly ' i tried using window's troubleshooter to resolve the issue issue resolved as stated but there's still no access to internet through lan connection even it says 'Device is working properly' Problem signature Problem Event windows 7 BSOD relating to hardware issue Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFF DD BCP BCP FFFFF BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - windows 7 BSOD relating to hardware issue dmp C Users himura AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt

A:windows 7 BSOD relating to hardware issue

Quote: Originally Posted by himurak

the model for this is Aspire M7720. with the default hardware inside.

Windows 7 Home Premium
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz 2.67GHz
6.00GB RAM
64-bit operating system

current hardware issue : intel(R) 82567LF-2 Gigabit Network Connection

After a proper shutdown and some hours of rest for the CPU, i turned it on, and found that my LAN(Wired) connection was not connected upon startup, there's no PC activity on the modem itself.

Modem is working fine, Eternet cable is working fine. i had used the same modem and cable for my laptop, internet runs fine, there's PC activity.

this would mean that the problem for my no access for LAN connection, would be hardware issue in the CPU itself. upon opening device manager, intel(R) 82567LF-2 Gigabit Network Connection seems not abled to function as per normal, a note 'Device is not working properly.' i tried using window's troubleshooter to resolve the issue. issue resolved as stated, but there's still no access to internet through lan connection. even it says 'Device is working properly'.
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 50
BCP1: FFFFF880030DD020
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: FFFFF88010028978
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\032310-46035-01.dmp
C:\Users\himura\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-65567-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Good diagnosis. This crash was caused by your e1y62x64.sys
which is part of your Intel network driver. I would download a fresh copy and install it.

I would also run a system file check to verify and repair your system files too do that type cmd in search>right click and run as admin>sfc /scannow (not the space between sfc and ".")

If you are overclocking stop.

Let us know if you need help

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/73170-windows-7-bsod-relating-hardware-issue.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a bit W Pro upgrade disc I had this installed clean on a new drive but the drive died I was able to get a new drive and installed the program on hardware after reactivating failure. Help key with the new drive but when I go to activate the it it states this key is for an upgrade and I have to use Vista to upgrade I called Help with reactivating key after hardware failure. MS and a lady from quot over there quot told me the same thing and that the key would work I Help with reactivating key after hardware failure. didn't have to do this the first time My question is will I have to purchase a new key After spending a LOT of money for this the W came with both the and bit versions I'd HATE to have to buy a new key every time something crashes and a new install Help with reactivating key after hardware failure. is called for PS No I haven't tried to upgrade off the Vista Prem I DID install Should I try that first before I try to get MS to issue me a valid key By the way the Vista is a bit version and I want to install the W Pro bit version Any help is most appreciated Thanks n gc

A:Help with reactivating key after hardware failure.

No need to buy a new key. See this tutorial: Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/83523-help-reactivating-key-after-hardware-failure.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,
I can't boot my desktop. It freezes soon after starting. Sometimes it doesn't even reach the boot loader. It even freezes in BIOS. Once it made it to the boot loader which gave me the following error:
Code:

/-----------------------------------------\
| pstk rstk |
| |
| : | : |
| 0: 259. 9 | : |
| 1: 52294. a | : |
| 2: 52302. a | : |
| 3: e081. 4 | 0: ffffffff. 5 |
|-----------------------------------------|
| err 1 |
| ip 0000: 1a.7 |
\-----------------------------------------/

Does this mean anything to anyone? Please help.

Thank you.

Relevancy 47.73%

Yesterday I was using my computer and everything appeared to be fine I had just finished playing a game using an averagely powerful graphics card ati x gto I then used my nokia phone software to update synchronise my phone with outlook However I then had trouble closing outlook I tried times and Bizarre Hardware Failure in the end decided to turn off my computer in the proper way which i did however it never turned back on - I have absolutely no idea what it may be although I was using my computer on a very hot day Bizarre Hardware Failure and have considered the problem to be a overheated component I have tried turning on w graphics and sound card removed with a different psu and I also attempted to turn on the comp using another hard drive however I got nothing on screen not even bios Does this mean the problem is motherboard and or processor Is there anyway to detemine this Thanks for any help Maracles nbsp

A:Bizarre Hardware Failure

Is the power supply running?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bizarre-hardware-failure.486107/