Windows Support Forum

[SOLVED] Weirdness here. Random windows on a fresh load of windows.

Q: [SOLVED] Weirdness here. Random windows on a fresh load of windows.

So a customer brings in his Acer desktop that is infected and wanted us to do a format reload of windows on the unit The unit has a built in restore partiton so I did a wipe and clean install Here is windows. on of windows Weirdness [SOLVED] here. Random load fresh a the weird part I get weird windows pop ups I [SOLVED] Weirdness here. Random windows on a fresh load of windows. suspect a virus but on a freash load of windows there shouldn't be any viruses What happens is A internet explorer dialog box shows up saying Do you want to delete weather OK or CANCEL so I kill the process and now I am getting random what seems to be legit websites Youtube shows up I kill the process I start to run updates and then Outlook express opens up and has microsofts support email in the TO line I Kill the process Then google accounts webpage pops up and in the middle of all of this I threw out a keyboard with the quick connect buttons suspect they are flaking out I ran a virus scan which came up with a trojan in the system restore points I removed it and problem still remains I cannot run SP It crashes This is all on a fresh load of windows Unless the restore partition is infected or this would be the first BIOS infection I have [SOLVED] Weirdness here. Random windows on a fresh load of windows. ever seen Any thoughts or ideas

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: [SOLVED] Weirdness here. Random windows on a fresh load of windows.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: [SOLVED] Weirdness here. Random windows on a fresh load of windows.

Viruses are hard drive related.

Should have deleted all partitions on the drive a complete whipe.

Clean the entire drive whilst reinstalling windows.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-weirdness-here-random-windows-on-a-fresh-load-of-windows-589886.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I was having some problems with my computer so i decided to reinstall windows 7. Its not the first time i have done this so i thought nice and easy...

I booted from the windows 7 disc and formatted the partition that windows 7 was already running on. Then continued with the install. Im installing x32.

It went through everything fine and the installation completed and then it restarted itself and showed starting window then the screen just went blank. The mouse is there but it will not go any further.

If i run start in safe mode i get the screen saying setup is preparing your computer for first use but then an error message comes up saying cannot complete installation in safe mode.

I have tried reformatting and doing the process again but it doesnt work, I have tried to repair the installation but nothing seems to work...

Any ideas?

A:Fresh windows 7 install will not load

It may be failng to load a Device Driver. Follow these steps to enter Device Manager to uninstall any devices which show to be in error, to see if Installation will complete: Device Manager - Access During Windows 7 Installation

Unplug all peripherals and other HD's.

If this fails, reset the CMOS: Clear CMOS - 3 Ways to Clear the CMOS - Reset BIOS.
Set SATA controller to AHCI.

Wipe the HD first to Clean the boot sector: SSD - HDD Optimize for Windows Reinstallation

Where did you get Win7? Is this a known-good installation DVD? If not and you burned it yourself, burn another using ImgBurn at 4x speed. Next try writing to flash stick using Universal USB Installer with Win7 in dropdown menu.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/199382-fresh-windows-7-install-will-not-load.html
Relevancy 69.66%

A friend of mine dropped off a gateway desktop that had crashed (would freeze just after bios) and i switched the hard drive mode to IDE and ran the windows 7 installation disk. It would go through the entire process, allowing me to format the hard drive and install a clean copy of windows 7. After starting the install, it took FOREVER. when it finally reached 100% expanding files, it gave the recent hardware or software change error. Ive performed this step several times now and recieved the same error every time and it also says system registry is corrupt. Cant seem to figure it out. Ive also reset the bios, reseated all the components, everything. wont even boot into safe mode. What can i do?

A:Cannot load windows even if i do a fresh install

Go to the Hard Drive Mfg's website and download / burn to CD the diagnostic tool. Boot from the CD run the short, and long test, to make sure the HD is good.

Also download memtset86+ and burn to a CD, run on each individual stick of RAM,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-load-windows-even-if-i-do-a-fresh-install-696286.html
Relevancy 69.66%

okay here s a oner for you User windows Solved: weirdness was monkeying around in documents and settings username local settings deleted something then all hades broke loose Got a bsod with error code of and an event I D of Start gt all programs is blank Nothing except the word empty Solved: windows weirdness a This is cross-profile e g when I log in as admin I get nothing However when I logged in as myself first time on this machine so it had to build me a profile I did get IE and WMP nothing else no office no accessories nothing Just those two All desktop icons are grayed out yet fully functional I have tried a Navigating to HKey Current User Software Microsoft Windows Current Version Explorer Menu Order StartMenu Folder and deleting it rebooting and seeing it All Programs was rebuilt it wasn t and b start gt run gt regsvr i shell dll reboot Nada This falls under my weird windows problem du jour TIA v nbsp

A:Solved: windows weirdness

btw, he has sp1 installed on xp, NOT sp2....going to install sp2 at 3 CST to see if that fixes it.....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-weirdness.507309/
Relevancy 68.8%

I have a new build and am of will stalls Fresh/new install not Windows HD to from load 7 USB trying to load Windows from my USB FDD Fresh/new install of Windows 7 from USB to HD stalls will not load I have the ISO on the usb and installed on the new build and I get as far as what drive to select but there is an error stating it cannot load to the disk I either get an error x or the one that is showing up mostly saying check controller in Bios for the hard disk I have not changed anything in Bios So as of right now I am stuck with an ISO Windows download that I cannot load or use Anyone run into this problem I did once get to the loading windows screen and it held at thought it was going to work but went back to an error about installing to the hard drive All parts are new I cannot seem to get the hard drive to be partitioned in NTFS quick either So I do not know if Windows is not loading simply because the HD is not formatted Ugh hope someone has had this and fixed it thanks

A:Fresh/new install of Windows 7 from USB to HD stalls will not load

specs-- using usb iso for windows 7 install

WD 1tb 3.5 SATA HD
A78M-E45 MSI board
gskill ddr3 4GB 1600
Radeon R7 260x
asus optical dvd/cd

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/353569-fresh-new-install-windows-7-usb-hd-stalls-will-not-load.html
Relevancy 68.8%

A strange problem has appeared on one of my PCs running Win k SP The symptoms are that if I type certain characters in a navigation bar or in a notebook document or in an e-mail message various things happen this behaviour doesn t happen with the upper-case characters quot d 2000 Weirdness Windows Solved: quot brings up the desktop quot e quot brings up Windows Explorer quot f quot brings up the explorer search function quot m quot closes the window quot r quot brings up the run box from the Start menu quot u quot brings up the Utility Manager Solved: Windows 2000 Weirdness The keyboard works OK on my other computers it s on a KVM switch I ve done Solved: Windows 2000 Weirdness a quot HiJackThis quot scan and Solved: Windows 2000 Weirdness analysis which looks OK Does anyone know what s happening and of a suitable fix short of re-installing the OS Can Win k be repaired without having to do a complete re-install I have the original disk Many thanks in advance - - Wil nbsp

A:Solved: Windows 2000 Weirdness

Try a new keyboard???

These are all hotkeys which are activated when you hold down the windows key and hit the corresponding letter. Maybe your keyboard is dirty and the windows key is pressed down? Pop it off to check and see.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-2000-weirdness.721828/
Relevancy 67.94%

I know this dosnt help im adding to the flood of please helps lol but im beside my self i xp after (rebuild) load fresh pro install windows wont have tried to read through the gazzilion posts and find windows xp pro wont load after fresh install (rebuild) some sort of answer about my problem but i have to ask it now i just finished compiling my new pc it is a amd am gb ddr gs card asus sli mb and a coolmaster case psu gb seagate sata drive i install windows XP from my CD it all runs smooth my gb sata drive is running on the IDE config it copies the files needed and goes to reboot this is were the problem occurs it boots to the point of the quot windows xp proffesional quot with the blue bars to indicate loading and it just sits there spinning endlessly and once every - seconds it will pause as if its about to boot into windows but then the bar will continue to run is course and speed as im righting this post the pc has been left on about ft from me and has been trying to boot windows for hour pausing every now and again as if its going to boot but never leaving the inital XP screen any suggestions the XP is base XP now sp installed yet not even SP would that be causing issuses should i source an xp with SP already install in the os nbsp

A:windows xp pro wont load after fresh install (rebuild)

do you have a copy of windows 2k? i had this problem on my sisters amd system, i installed 2k then installed xp over it and it worked fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-pro-wont-load-after-fresh-install-rebuild.76690/
Relevancy 67.94%

Have complete new hardware from box to board and cpu abd ram. Using a 2 year old 500 gb western digital drive. Upon trying to load 32bit win 7 instilation it ask to format disc which was done. Now windows is saying it is unable to load on that drive.
Have checked drive for errors of which there are none. Any ideas.? people.

A:Windows will not load onto a fresh hard drive after formatting.

asus P8Z68-M PRO with 16 gb 2 x dual 8 gb sticks Geilm, to use all ram you need to install 64 bit OS.

As the new MOBO's has a uEFI BIOS.
How to install Windows 64 bit on a uEFI BIOS:
UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with
uEFT BIOS setup:
ASUS Sabertooth P67 Motherboard EFI BIOS - YouTube

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/213596-windows-will-not-load-onto-fresh-hard-drive-after-formatting.html
Relevancy 67.94%

So ive found certain machines do this. Dont know why. Fresh load and I try to install the convience updates. First one goes fine. The big update sat for over 24hours searching. Ive seen about 3 out of 20 machines that have done this one. Gaveup on it and updated the agent to the newest one. Its been searching for updates since friday and hasnt found anything just still searching.

Does anyone have any ideas?

A:Fresh load, windows updates wont find..

Another new member of the MS hates W7 users.

You are not alone.

quickest way ive found to update, change the WU updates settings from X to Y and back again tick recommended
BUT let me choose..

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/397285-fresh-load-windows-updates-wont-find.html
Relevancy 67.51%

This must be hardware but wait All of the hardware is brand new core on Windows fresh Bsods random AMD machine with eyefinity GB ram has random random Bsods on fresh Windows BSODS pagefault in non paged area memory management even an old school quot ntfs sys quot related BSOD Information answered OS - Vista Windows x -bit or x x What was original installed OS on system clean install of Win Ultimate no previous custom built Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer full retail Age of system hardware Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS Yes I have just reloaded the OS today to attempt to resolve this issue Same random BSODS CPU - AMD Phenom II X T Video Card Visiontek Radeon HD MotherBoard Gigabyte GA- A-D AM AMD Power Supply - brand amp wattage OCZ ModXStream Pro W Modular PSU plus rated System Manufacturer My husband Exact model number if laptop check label on bottom N A Mu husband builds hundreds of computers he owns a business doing this type of thing I'm starting to do some web design work myself and he doesn't have much time to address this issue without it taking away from the family so hopefully I can resolve it myself I've attached the necessary files Thank you very much

A:random Bsods on fresh Windows

All memory corruption. It is either bad RAM or a bad driver.

Let's start with the driver

Enable driver verifier - http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ed-473665.html

Code:
AODDriver2.sys Wed Jun 15 04:38:35 2011 (4DF86F8B)
AMD Overdrive has caused problems in the past. Please remove

Quote:

AMD OverDrive (AODDriver2.sys) is either a stand-alone application, or a component of the AMD VISION Engine Control Center.
Please uninstall the AMD OverDrive program as it can cause BSOD's on your system.
If it's the stand-alone app, uninstall it via Control Panel...Programs...Uninstall a program
If it's in the AMD VISION Engine Control Center, you can uninstall it using the AMD uninstall tool (or uninstall the entire AMD VISION Engine Control Center application through Control Panel

If the device remains a problem in perfmon /report, open Device Manager, select the "View" item.
Then select "Show hidden devices" and scroll down to the Plug and Play Drivers section.
Locate the AODDriver entry, right click on it and select "Uninstall". Reboot for changes to take affect.

I see you have Driver Genius installed. I would not recommend using that to download drivers.

Code:
Event[1754]:
Log Name: System
Source: Ntfs
Date: 2012-02-08T12:10:35.718
Event ID: 55
Task: N/A
Level: Error
Opcode: N/A
Keyword: Classic
User: N/A
User Name: N/A
Computer: Michael-PC
Description:
The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume \Device\HarddiskVolume2.
Please run disk check on all your drives
Disk Check - Windows 7 Forums

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 7601.17640.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506
Debug session time: Wed Feb 8 18:55:59.133 2012 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:05:03.896
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MmCopyToCachedPage+215 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50
PROCESS_NAME: Steam.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x50_nt!MmCopyToCachedPage+215
BiosReleaseDate = 10/13/2011
SystemManufacturer = Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
SystemProductName = GA-970A-D3
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Wed Feb 8 18:50:09.772 2012 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:28.911
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+2ab7a )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x50_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_+2ab7a
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Wed Feb 8 18:12:20.164 2012 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:54.288
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+36024 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_41790
PROCESS_NAME: SearchProtocol
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1a_41790_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_+36024
Debug session time: Wed Feb 8 18:09:32.580 2012 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:38:04.704
Probably caused by : Ntfs.sys ( Ntfs!NtfsUninitializeNtfsMcb+8c )
PROCESS_NAME: System
ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x24
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x24_Ntfs!NtfsUninitializeNtfsMcb+8c
?????... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-bsods-on-fresh-windows-629296.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi,
My name is Jonathan.
I have an HP 250 G1 notebook PC. Some days ago my HDD crashed with all my data ;(.
I have bought a new HDD but when I installed it on my new laptop... I can't see the HDD to load windows.
I have tried so many solution... Gparted.... using usb and DvD to load windows etc.... asking for help in different forum, download drivers on HP sites but all in vain.
The HDD is still missing.
Please can somebody help me?
Regards,
Jonathan

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/18f0ecc2-3c0a-4996-b420-8b62253f27f5/new-fresh-hard-drive-is-missing-when-needed-to-load-new-windows?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 67.51%

I'm installing Windows or Windows to an older PC with a motherboard no fresh unsigned Windows How install load driver during 7/10 64bit to longer supported by the manufacturer Asus A V-E Deluxe The system is capable of handling either OS This will be a fresh install to blank hard drives The last updated driver is unsigned and originally meant for Windows Vista The driver is for the on-board hard drive controller and is required in order for Windows to see the hard disks I know how to disable enforcement of unsigned drivers once the OS is already installed but I need to do this during initial install or the install will fail after first reboot starts loading but after a few seconds freezes with just the Windows logo displaying Attempts to run a repair also fail Attempting to load the driver during install keeps failing as it's unsigned The driver database w in Windows doesn't seem to have a comparable driver to support this Anyone know a way around this Thanks for any help

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/69886-how-load-unsigned-64bit-driver-during-windows-7-10-fresh-install.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Just reinstalled Windows on a new Samsung PM 830 SSD. Can't tell if its the SSD or the other things that I have installed. Sometimes it gives the BSOD screen, sometimes Explorer just goes missing and Task Manager would be unavailable.

These days the BSODs come more often and with little warning.

Dump file link
Attachment 199257

A:Random BSOD after fresh install of Windows 7 on a SSD.

Welcome to Seven Forums.

Please follow the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions
When posting a new crash dump, include all System File Collection and health reports. They contain valuable information that we can use to find the cause of the crashes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/215225-random-bsod-after-fresh-install-windows-7-ssd.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 OEM
PC is 2 years old I get random BCOD. Trying to figure out for about 2 weeks. No Luck. Hope someone can Please Help me.

A:Fresh install of Windows 7 x64 Random BCOD

Of the four crashes that are driver verified two different causes are reported. I would deal with the easiest first.

The most recent crash was related to netr28ux.sys 802.11n Wireless Adapter Driver from Ralink Technology Corp...
Yours is from 2009 and I would update it to the newest version available.

Note an old driver in need of updating.

Code:
scmndisp.sys 1/17/2007 6:48:03 PM fffff880`018de000 fffff880`018e8000 0x0000a000 0x45add4b3

Code:
nvm62x64.sys 10/18/2008 8:01:06 AM fffff880`044bb000 fffff880`0451ed80 0x00063d80 0x48f8fd12
nvlddmkm.sys 5/15/2009 7:48:07 AM fffff880`0566d000 fffff880`06174b00 0x00b07b00 0x4a0c8387

How To Find Drivers:

Quote:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.

- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/192951-fresh-install-windows-7-x64-random-bcod.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I just did a fresh install of windows hoping itll stop my bsods. But it didnt, i've gotten 2 bsods since I did the fresh install of windows.

Anyways today I was playing league of legends and I got a random BSOD (like always) and before the BSOD a screen popped up for about 1 second and said hardware malfunction, and then it went to the BSOD screen, i couldn't read what all it said because it wasn't up long. Anyways i'm thinking its a hardware issue since I just did a fresh install of windows.

Any help with be greatly appreciated!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/380750-bsod-random-fresh-windows-install.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I did a fresh install hoping that it would get rid of my BSODs which were numerous. So far, I only have 5 BSODs that I have had the patience to allow Windows to get to 100% on. I easily BSOD once a day, most are with MEMORY_MANAGEMENT or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

I have run memtest86+ ad nauseum with no errors, as well as Prime 95 for over 24 hours, I am stable and these are not temperature errors (30c idle, 71c at load).

Please find attached my dump files and driver list as required by the forum rules.

I appreciate all your help as these BSODs are driving me crazy.

A:Getting random BSODs in Windows 8.1. Fresh install.

Hi

Please try the below steps.

1. Update sound card drivers.

Your creative sound card seems to be operated on Windows 7 drivers.

Code:
ctaud2k.sys Thu Aug 11 20:17:15 2011 (4E43EB73)
ctprxy2k.sys Thu Aug 11 20:17:18 2011 (4E43EB76)

Please uninstall the driver from "Programs and features" first. If not listed there, uninstall via device manager with "Delete driver" option selected.

Like this :

Get driver update from the below link.

Creative Worldwide Support

2. Update system BIOS.

http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList...7x-ud4h_f7.exe

3. Update Marvell SATA controller driver.

http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList...er_8series.exe

4. Update OpenVPN Virtual Network Driver

Current version seems to be very old. Uninstall it before updating.

Code:
tapoas.sys Mon Jul 12 06:01:59 2010 (4C3A627F)

OpenVPN - Open Source VPN

5. Uninstall known problematic softwares.

Please uninstall the below programs completely.

Gigabyte On/Off charge.

Gigabyte USB lock.

If there is any other Gigabyte utilities are installed in your system, please remove them.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/34667-getting-random-bsods-windows-8-1-fresh-install.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I've had this computer for about a year and a half now and it has always just randomly BSOD'ed. I recently tried going into command prompt and running "chkdsk /r" and that didn't seem to work. Even after I re-installed W7 (ultimate x64) about 3 months ago, it didn't seem to help anything. It rarely does it (twice a month), so it's very hard to take out my WiFi card to see if that might be causing it. All drivers are up to date. I ran a program called BlueScreen View and I uploaded a screen shot of it, I don't really understand what it's saying.

System Specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
16 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport
1x Kingston 120GB SSD Now 200V+
2x WD Green 500GB (Raid 1, Software controlled)
AMD A8-3850
Biostar TA75M Motherboard
500W Allied PSU
Rosewill b/g/n WiFi adapter (PCI-e x1)

A:Windows 7 Fresh Install, random BSOD

Hello NKTechGuy,

Please read the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions, and post back with the needed information. One of our BSOD experts should be by later when able to further help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/323046-windows-7-fresh-install-random-bsod.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi everyone, as of three days ago I was getting constant BSOD on my Windows 8, so I wiped the harddrive and installed Windows 7 instead. When I installed Windows 7, I got the BSOD again at random time intervals and it was very frequent. Do note that I had literally no programs on my Windows 7 when it first got a BSOD, and now the only program I have on my Windows 7 is Google Chrome and I still get BSOD randomly and frequently.

I've attached my SF file, please let me know what the issue is.

Thank you very much in advance!

A:Random and very frequent BSOD on a fresh Windows 7

Welcome to SevenForums.

Code:
!sysinfo cpuspeed
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU X 990 @ 3.47GHz"
MaxSpeed: 3470
CurrentSpeed: 3475
If you are overclocking any hardware, STOP. Reset any changed values back to default.

Upload a screenshot of your hard disk using CrystalDiskInfo:CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums
Make a hard drive test from the hard drive manufacturers website:Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure
Run Disk Check on your hard disk for file system errors and bad sectors on it:Disk Check
Hard drive test both short and long with: SeaTools for Windows
Also the DOS version of:SeaTools for DOS
SeaTools for DOS tutorial
Take memtest. Run for 8 passes and test each stick in a know good slot for an additional 6 passes.
RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Quote:
The goal is to test all the RAM sticks and all the motherboard slots.

Check your motherboard manual to ensure the RAM sticks are in the recommended motherboard slots. Some motherboards have very specific slots required for the number of RAM sticks installed.

If you get errors, stop the test and continue with the next step.

1. Remove all but one stick of RAM from your computer (this will be RAM stick #1), and run Memtest86 again, for 7 passes.*Be sure to note the RAM stick, use a piece of tape with a number, and note the motherboard slot.
If this stick passes the test then go to step #3.

2. If RAM stick #1 has errors, repeat the test with RAM stick #2 in the same motherboard slot.*If RAM stick #2 passes, this indicates that RAM stick #1 may be bad. If you want to be absolutely sure, re-test RAM stick #1 in another known good slot.
*If RAM stick #2 has errors, this indicates another possible bad RAM stick, a possible motherboard slot failure or inadequate settings.
3. Test the next stick of RAM (stick #2) in the next motherboard slot.*If this RAM stick has errors repeat step #2 using a known good stick if possible, or another stick.
*If this RAM stick has no errors and both sticks failed in slot#1, test RAM stick #1 in this slot.
4. If you find a stick that passes the test, test it in all the other motherboard slots.

If Part 2 testing shows errors, and all tests in Part 3 show errors, you will need to test the RAM sticks in another computer and/or test other RAM in your computer to identify the problem.

In this way, you can identify whether it is a bad stick of RAM, a bad motherboard, or incompatibility between the sticks.

Information
Errors are sometimes found after 8 passes.

Tip
Do this test overnight, before going to bed.

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/275405-random-very-frequent-bsod-fresh-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 66.65%

hey everyone I have just installed a new copy of windows onto my computer and I have been having quite a BSODs fresh windows 7 random on install few problems with BSOD and other problems along with it the blue screens seemingly happen at random and the other problem I am having is that I can't get windows to install or download any updates The main BSODs I have been getting are memory management ataport sys driver not greater than or equal and random BSODs on windows 7 fresh install I believe system sys system specs CPU Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer Inc P C -E BIOS BIOS Date Ver total mem GB usable mem GB HDD Maxtor B S ATA Device sound card SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio Graphics card NVIDIA GeForce OS Microsoft Windows Home Premium -bit Multiprocessor Free I currently have no antivirus programs installed I am trying to install the updates and drivers first I have been having no luck on my own on fixing the issues I have attached the files that the diagnostic tool made edit I am also having random processes crash randomly and the only way to get them to work again is to reboot It just crashes again or crashes control panel when I manually run them again so far its happened to desktop manager explorer firefox and taskmanager

A:random BSODs on windows 7 fresh install

Welcome

I will take a look at your dumps as soon as I'm on my computer.

ITMT Run this tool and delete anything it finds:
Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller

PS: Look for an update on your BIOS version! (Must)

Code:
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1024.001, 8/4/2005

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/259902-random-bsods-windows-7-fresh-install.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi,

I'm running Windows 7 home premium 64 bit. My my laptop is about 6 months old with 8gb RAM.

I have recently done a fresh install and ever since then I'm getting random screen freezes (it never happened before fresh install)... the mouse, keys, ctrl alt delete etc.wont respond and the only way out is to hold down power and restart.

I thought it could be a RAM problem but I have checked with memtest with no problems found. I have also scanned with malwarbytes antimalware with nothing found.

Can anyone give me any advice.

Many thanks.

Relevancy 66.22%

I need help to my laptop here using Windows 8 64bit. I got multiple BSOD even after I reinstall Windows. I've already try Windows 8.1 and 8 still got many BSOD. I also run chkdsk to all of my drive no error and memtest86+ to each of my RAM no error found.

My laptop spec is Dell Inspiron 3421
Intel Core i3 2365m
Intel HD graphics 3000
RAM 2x 2GB (4GB)

This is my dmp files.
ARDAN-Sun_11_01_2015__30637_53.zip

please help me solve my BSOD problem, I already tried reinstall windows several times, reinstall drivers, test hard drive and RAM, still no success getting rid of BSOD. Your help is very appreciated..

A:Multiple random BSOD even after fresh install windows 8

Hi davidcanon,

You are running a counterfeit installation of Windows 8.
This is against the rules.

What Windows version was pre-installed on your laptop?
You need to reset your system to the factory settings or clean install Windows.

Troubleshooting a counterfeit installation is useless as it is not known what has been modified to your system.
A counterfeit installation contains heavily modified code which causes the system to behave in unexpected ways.
For this reason, analyzing counterfeit systems is unreliable and most analysts won't try it.

Forum rules

4) No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc).

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/72008-multiple-random-bsod-even-after-fresh-install-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello, this is my first post in sevenforums. i have been facing a terrible problem lately. After just a regular windows installation My pc performance became extremely poor and hangs frequently, it either hangs or restarts showing bsod. About 6 times per hour (just imagine how annoying that can be ) I installed windows formatting my C drive 4 times already, but the problem seems to persist. I ran malwarebytes in safe mode using chameleon but nothing was found (except the usual crack files). All the softwares i use are the same ones i have been using for 4-5 years, just upgraded versions. After reading some threads here i uninstalled Virtual clone drive. The pc is now stable for the last 4 hours..no freeze,no bsod..but i am not sure if it stopped immediately after uninstalling that software.( I have already spent hours searching for solutions, getting kind of sloppy now). Can anyone please help me with this problem?

A:Random freeze and BSOD even after fresh install of windows 7

Dont get sloppy, man

First of all, Virtual Clone Drive causes a lot of BSODs. Uninstalling it is the right step. Observe the situation over a few hours. Restart it a couple of times. If it was all due to VirtualClone Drive, it is over.

For any further BSOD, post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

And, dont put anything in startup, other than egui.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/304810-random-freeze-bsod-even-after-fresh-install-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello I am getting BSOD for a few weeks now before that my PC was working fine I have not added any new component recently I have fully installed the OS Windows x a couple of random install x64 -fresh 8 0xc0000005 Windows BSOD days ago but still get BSOD randomly I don't get any BSOD when I am in safe mode random BSOD 0xc0000005 -fresh Windows 8 x64 install I have tried removing some of the ram sticks random BSOD 0xc0000005 -fresh Windows 8 x64 install running memtest for couple of hours no error found run disk checks on all hard disks no errors tried to remove the GPU still get crashes I have posted the anaylysis of the BSOD any help is appreciated Thx Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck B c fffff a e fffff e f Probably caused by ntkrnlmp exe nt PoIdle a Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION b An exception happened while executing a system service routine Arguments Arg c Exception code that caused the bugcheck Arg fffff a e Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck Arg fffff e f Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck Arg zero Debugging Details ------------------ EXCEPTION CODE NTSTATUS xc - The instruction at x lx referenced memory at x lx The memory could not be s FAULTING IP fffff a e CONTEXT fffff e f -- cxr xfffff e f Unable to read context Win error n CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR x B PROCESS NAME System CURRENT IRQL LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff acb ca to fffff c e f STACK TEXT fffff f c fffff acb ca e ab fffffa e fffff c c xfffff c e f fffff f ca fffff ac d c fffff c e fffff fffff f db nt PoIdle x a fffff f d nt KiIdleLoop x c FOLLOWUP IP nt PoIdle a fffff acb ca fba f bt dword ptr lt Unloaded Unknown Module gt x Fh SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME nt PoIdle a FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME nt IMAGE NAME ntkrnlmp exe DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP e aa STACK COMMAND cxr xfffff e f kb FAILURE BUCKET ID X x B nt PoIdle a BUCKET ID X x B nt PoIdle a Followup MachineOwner ---------

A:random BSOD 0xc0000005 -fresh Windows 8 x64 install

Quote: Originally Posted by mfrey

Hello,

I am getting BSOD for a few weeks now, before that my PC was working fine. I have not added any new component recently.

I have fully installed the OS (Windows 7 x64) a couple of days ago, but still get BSOD randomly. I don't get any BSOD when I am in safe mode.

I have tried removing some of the ram sticks, running memtest86 for couple of hours (no error found), run disk checks on all hard disks (no errors), tried to remove the GPU (still get crashes).

I have posted the anaylysis of the BSOD, any help is appreciated

Thx

* Bugcheck Analysis *
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff88004a03e51, fffff880097e93f0, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!PoIdle+53a )
Followup: MachineOwner
---------
0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
An exception happened while executing a system service routine.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff88004a03e51, Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck
Arg3: fffff880097e93f0, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.
Debugging Details:
------------------

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.
FAULTING_IP:
+3732313831663533
fffff880`04a03e51 ?? ???
CONTEXT: fffff880097e93f0 -- (.cxr 0xfffff880097e93f0)
Unable to read context, Win32 error 0n30
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
PROCESS_NAME: System
CURRENT_IRQL: 0
LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002acb0ca to fffff88003c7e7f2
STACK_TEXT:
fffff800`03f94c98 fffff800`02acb0ca : 00000000`0032e5ab fffffa80`051764e8 fffff800`02c45c40 00000000`00000002 : 0xfffff880`03c7e7f2
fffff800`03f94ca0 fffff800`02ac5d5c : fffff800`02c37e80 fffff800`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff880`03f94db0 : nt!PoIdle+0x53a
fffff800`03f94d80 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiIdleLoop+0x2c

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nt!PoIdle+53a
fffff800`02acb0ca 0fba25761518000f bt dword ptr [<Unloaded_Unknown_Module_00000000`00000000>+0x181576 (00000000`00181576)],0Fh
SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 1
SYMBOL_NAME: nt!PoIdle+53a
FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner
MODULE_NAME: nt
IMAGE_NAME: ntkrnlmp.exe
DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4e02aa44
STACK_COMMAND: .cxr 0xfffff880097e93f0 ; kb
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x3B_nt!PoIdle+53a
BUCKET_ID: X64_0x3B_nt!PoIdle+53a
---------

These were caused by a memory exception. Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.
1-Memtest.

*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

2-Driver verifier

Quote:
I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Win... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/193656-random-bsod-0xc0000005-fresh-windows-8-x64-install.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hey guys ,

I just did a fresh install of windows 8.1 pro on my new rig, all updates done and drivers correct , but every now and then I am getting BSOD Windows 8.1 Kernel Security Check Failure on Windows

Your Help would be much appreciated

I followed these instructions "Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions" please find the information attached.

Kind Regards

A:Random BSOD - Windows 8.1 pro, fresh install and setup.

Uninstall Asus bloatware. Update Logitech drivers. Disable Nvidia Streaming service in services. msc. If BSODs persist, please enable Driver Verifier: Driver Verifier - BSOD related - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista - Sysnative Forums

Code:
AsInsHelp64.sys Fri Jan 4 06:36:10 2008 (477DC5CA)
Asus Ai Booster software
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AsInsHelp64.sys

WmVirHid.sys Tue Apr 27 22:08:53 2010 (4BD74455)
Logitech WingMan Virtual Hid Device Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=WmVirHid.sys

WmXlCore.sys Tue Apr 27 22:09:26 2010 (4BD74476)
Logitech WingMan Translation Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=WmXlCore.sys

WmBEnum.sys Tue Apr 27 22:10:19 2010 (4BD744AB)
Logitech WingMan Virtual Bus Enumerator Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=WmBEnum.sys

WmFilter.sys Tue Apr 27 22:10:19 2010 (4BD744AB)
Logitech WingMan Hid Filter
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=WmFilter.sys

npf.sys Fri Jun 25 18:50:58 2010 (4C24DE72)

npf.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

AsUpIO.sys Tue Aug 3 04:47:59 2010 (4C57835F)
ASUS hardware monitoring software related
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AsUpIO.sys

ASUSFILTER.sys Tue Sep 20 17:46:33 2011 (4E78B559)
ASUS USB Hub filter driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ASUSFILTER.sys

AiChargerPlus.sys Thu Apr 19 03:17:35 2012 (4F8F67AF)
Asus Charger Driver [br] Likely BSOD cause - haven't seen recently (15Jan2013)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AiChargerPlus.sys

TuneUpUtilitiesDriver64.sys Fri May 25 12:28:19 2012 (4FBF5EC3)

TuneUpUtilitiesDriver64.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

AsIO.sys Wed Aug 22 11:54:47 2012 (5034AC67)
Asus PCProbe Utility
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AsIO.sys

cbfs3.sys Mon Feb 11 13:43:08 2013 (5118E75C)
Callback File System
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=cbfs3.sys

ALSysIO64.sys Tue Mar 5 22:50:34 2013 (513668AA)
Core Temp - CPU temperature monitor
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ALSysIO64.sys

ASUSwh.sys Thu Mar 28 18:44:34 2013 (51548182)
ASUS USB 3.0 Boost Storage Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ASUSwh.sys

ASUScr.sys Thu Mar 28 18:44:37 2013 (51548185)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ASUScr.sys

ASUSumsc.sys Thu Mar 28 18:44:44 2013 (5154818C)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ASUSumsc.sys

ASUSstpt.sys Thu Mar 28 18:44:49 2013 (51548191)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ASUSstpt.sys

IOMap64.sys Tue Jul 2 10:27:47 2013 (51D28F03)
ASUS Kernel Mode Driver ?Asus Smart Doctor/iTracker 2 Asus GPU Tweak and GPU Tweak Streaming from this link: BSOD after sleep, restarts, driver_power_state_failure )
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=IOMap64.sys

intelppm.sys Thu Aug 22 10:46:35 2013 (5215CFEB)
Intel Processor driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=intelppm.sys

iqvw64e.sys Thu Nov 14 16:22:43 2013 (5284EAC3)

iqvw64e.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

asmtxhci.sys Thu Jan 9 10:16:37 2014 (52CE68F5)
Asmedia USB 3.0 driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=asmtxhci.sys

asmthub3.sys Thu Jan 9 10:16:42 2014 (52CE68FA)
ASMedia USB 3.0 Hub driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=asmthub3.sys

TeeDriverx64.sys Thu Mar 13 19:21:52 2014 (5321F740)
Intel Management Engine Interface driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=TeeDriverx64.sys

asstor64.sys Fri Mar 14 04:38:20 2014 (532279AC)
As... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/59822-random-bsod-windows-8-1-pro-fresh-install-setup.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Just assembled a new machine using an AMD Phenom II 970 X4 processor, 8GB Corsair DDR3 RAM, and an MSI 890GTX-G65 Motherboard. Windows installed fine, I started to download and install updates through Windows Update then it began to Blue Screen at random. Currently I can get it to log in but any attempt to install software or updates, run the system check, or sometimes just at idle. I have tested the RAM and swapped it with known good RAM from a working machine. I've run through my hardware drivers and all appear to be up to date. I have no overclocking and there is no third-party software installed yet.

I am unable to attach the system performance report because the system crashes when doing so. I will keep trying and will post if it succeeds.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Jason

A:BSOD, Random times. Fresh install Windows 7 64 bit.

System Health Report succeeded.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/189665-bsod-random-times-fresh-install-windows-7-64-bit.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi everybody I bought a new motherboard Gigabyte A-DS P and DDR GB Team Group MHz CL I did a fresh installation of Windows to have a clean installation windows fresh new and with BSOD Random install motherboard of drivers and since then I have regularly BSOD Here is my configuration Motherboard Gigabyte A-DS P CPU AMD Phenom II X Graphic card HIS Radeon HD Power Supply OCZ W Memory GB x GB DDR Team Group Mhz CL Main hard drive where windows is installed SSD Samsung EVO GB SATA hard drives Seagate ST AS TB and Seagate ST DM TB USB HDD WD EAVS TB and Seagate Backup Random BSOD with new motherboard and windows fresh install TB both with external power supply always connected Windows bit I think that I have the most recent drivers for all my devices So I don't understand where it comes from It happens randomly when I'm Random BSOD with new motherboard and windows fresh install on internet or Random BSOD with new motherboard and windows fresh install word or when i'm listening music It never happens when i'm playing games I join the report of DM Log collector Tool GLOUBI-PC- - - zip I also put the report of WhoCrashed see below Do you have an idea of the problem What could I do to solve it Thank you very much WhoCrashed Crash dumps are enabled on your computer On Tue - - GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x DCA Bugcheck code x A x xFFFFF C B x x Error MEMORY MANAGEMENT file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred This might be a case of memory corruption More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers not because of faulty RAM modules The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time On Tue - - GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows memory dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntkrnlmp exe nt KeBugCheckEx x Bugcheck code x A x xFFFFF C B x x Error MEMORY MANAGEMENT Bug check description This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred This might be a case of memory corruption More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers not because of faulty RAM modules The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time On Sun - - GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntfs sys xFFFFF DD C Bugcheck code x xA A F D xB B BDEE D xFFFFF DD C x Error CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION file path C Windows system drivers ntfs sys product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT File System Driver Bug check description This indicates that the kernel has detected critical kernel code or data corruption This might be a case of memory corruption More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers not because of faulty RAM modules The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time On Mon - - GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x DCA Bugcheck code x xFFFFF F x xFFFFF BF E x Error PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem T... Read more

A:Random BSOD with new motherboard and windows fresh install

Hi Gloubi, unfortunately it looks like someone sold you a license that is used to activate volume copies of Windows for businesses. If this is a PC on a legitimate volume license, I would contact your tech support for help. If its not, we will need you to contact the place you obtained this copy of windows and demand a legitimate product key.

After obtaining a legitimate product key, change your product key and upload a new DM log
Product Key Number - Change in Windows 8

Code:
<ActivePartialProductKey>9D6T9</ActivePartialProductKey>
<ActiveProductKeyChannel>Volume:GVLK</ActiveProductKeyChannel>
<ActiveSkuDescription>Windows(R) Operating System, VOLUME_KMSCLIENT channel</ActiveSkuDescription>

Since you have a lot of memory_corruption BSOD, I would run memtest86+
RAM - Test with Memtest86+ - Windows 7 Help Forums

I will need a DM log that shows a legitimate copy of Windows to help you further.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/64824-random-bsod-new-motherboard-windows-fresh-install.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hey guys! I have been having an issue with my desktop ever since I moved 3 months ago. I recently did a fresh install of Windows 7 and I am still getting the same blue screen problem. So, it's obviously something hardware related, which I should have thought of earlier, but I can't quite figure out what it is. The message says:

System_Service_Exception

0x0000003b

I have looked online and everything either points to the firewire card or the graphics card. I found a hotfix that claimed it would fix the firewire driver and it just said "update not applicable."

It's been difficult for me to troubleshoot this problem because it does it randomly. In fact, I re-installed windows 4 days ago, and it has only happened to me twice since then, but it's still the same message as before the re-installation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advanced!

-Kevin

A:Random BSOD even after a fresh re-install of Windows, Error 0x0000003b

Please follow these instructions on how to post dump files.

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/325926-random-bsod-even-after-fresh-re-install-windows-error-0x0000003b.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hey all First post here Apologies if I mess something up Hardware Upgrade Fresh Random and Windows Install BSODs after Going to include all of the information I can at the top and work from there Current build Intel Core i - K EVGA GeForce GTX Ti Fractal Design Define R Black - xnaasDT - xnaas amp s Saved Part List - PCPartPicker Old build until I update my site Desktop Specs Dump files https p xnaas me - - ziphttps p xnaas me - - ziphttps p xnaas me - - zip How this started So I was running Random BSODs after Hardware Upgrade and Fresh Windows Install on my old build just fine Random BSODs after Hardware Upgrade and Fresh Windows Install I wanted to upgrade from an i to make streaming hurt a bit less and maybe experiment around with some server stuff Anyway I went to Fry's on Sunday and bought everything I got Windows installed and everything the following day Feb where the first BSOD occurs When I installed Windows I completely wiped my SSD and did a new install of Windows Pro via USB Installed all my drivers and thought everything would be good to go BSOD on day I thought it couldn't be too big of a deal and went on Where we are now Now I've gotten BSODs I cannot get another one to happen I ran memtest overnight and my RAM completed passes with errors I know this isn't a sure way to know that the RAM is fine but it seems like a pretty good indicator Granted it's Patriot which is like the lowest tier of RAM so it's very likely I just have faulty RAM I've attached SSD and RAM support lists Technically neither is on the list but it seems unlikely that this is the cause Other similar Patriot memory is supported and the smaller version of my SSD is supported All of my drivers are up to date from Nvidia Intel and Gigabyte SSD firmware is up to date Periphels have up-to-date drivers as well I can't see an out-of-date driver being the issue here although my BSODs would seem to indicate that is the case unless there is an obvious hardware failure What to do I have days from Sunday to take anything in for a full refund or swap If this is a hardware issue I'd like to go in and get it remedied immediately If this is a driver issue I'm not really sure what I can do I can't get the BSODs to happen they just happen when they do All of my drivers firmware BIOS etc are up-to-date Should I do a fresh install of Windows again and work from there ----- Any and all feedback ideas etc is greatly appreciated

A:Random BSODs after Hardware Upgrade and Fresh Windows Install

I should add that I have found no corruption in windows running
Code:
sfc /scannow
or various
Code:
DISM
commands. CHKDSK also returned back to me clean.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/39823-random-bsods-after-hardware-upgrade-fresh-windows-install.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hey all First post here Apologies if I mess something up Going to include all of the information I can at the top and work from there Current build Intel Core i - K EVGA GeForce GTX Ti Fractal Design Define R Black - xnaasDT - xnaas amp s Saved Part List - PCPartPicker Old build until I update my site Desktop Specs Dump files https p xnaas me - - zip https p xnaas me - - zip https p xnaas me - - zip How this started So I was running on my old build just fine I wanted to after Upgrade Random Windows Hardware Install and Fresh BSODs upgrade from an i to make streaming hurt a bit less and maybe experiment around with some server Random BSODs after Hardware Upgrade and Fresh Windows Install stuff Anyway I went to Fry's on Sunday and bought everything I got Windows installed and everything the following day Feb where the first BSOD occurs When I installed Windows I completely wiped my SSD and did a new install of Windows Pro via Random BSODs after Hardware Upgrade and Fresh Windows Install USB Installed all my drivers and thought everything would be good to go BSOD on day I thought it couldn't be too big of a deal and went on Where we are now Now I've gotten BSODs I cannot get another one to happen I ran memtest overnight and my RAM completed passes with errors I know this isn't a sure way to know that the RAM is fine but it seems like a pretty good indicator Granted it's Patriot which is like the lowest tier of RAM so it's very likely I just have faulty RAM I've attached SSD and RAM support lists Technically neither is on the list but it seems unlikely that this is the cause Other similar Patriot memory is supported and the smaller version of my SSD is supported All of my drivers are up to date from Nvidia Intel and Gigabyte SSD firmware is up to date Periphels have up-to-date drivers as well I can't see an out-of-date driver being the issue here although my BSODs would seem to indicate that is the case unless there is an obvious hardware failure What to do I have days from Sunday to take anything in for a full refund or swap If this is a hardware issue I'd like to go in and get it remedied immediately If this is a driver issue I'm not really sure what I can do I can't get the BSODs to happen they just happen when they do All of my drivers firmware BIOS etc are up-to-date Should I do a fresh install of Windows again and work from there ----- Any and all feedback ideas etc is greatly appreciated

A:Random BSODs after Hardware Upgrade and Fresh Windows Install

Please delete this thread. I realize now I just posted into the Windows 7 forums instead of 10. Oops!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/390930-random-bsods-after-hardware-upgrade-fresh-windows-install.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hey,

I have been asked by a friend to help with their BSOD issues and am having trouble finding the cause, they have just recently upgraded their Motherboard, CPU as well as installing a new SSD and HDD, they received the first BSOD about 2 days after re installing windows after installing the new components. I believe it may be to do with the Netgear wireless dongle but id like to confirm.

I have attached the .zip from SF Diagnostic Tool

Thanks in advanced,
prizna

A:Random BSOD after installing new components/fresh install of Windows

Debug blames iusb3xhc.sys

Try updating the usb3 driver: Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver
Download from Intel: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/

Let us know how it goes?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/351352-random-bsod-after-installing-new-components-fresh-install-windows.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Okay so here's the deal I had Windows Service Pack Everything was just lovely then I decided to FINALLY upgrade to Windows 3 Windows Boot Now won't past Service Pack Load Windows load Installed Screen Service Pack because some high end Adobe products I was installing suggested it for Installed Windows Service Pack 3 Now Windows won't load past Windows Boot Load Screen better compatibility Aiesh so I took the plunge and tried to upgrade to Windows Service Pack I was smart because of all the horror stories though and did a full backup up all my data including system state etc I set a system restore point the whole nine yards I upgraded with no problems but when the computer restarted it do so got past POST and the windows boot or load screen popped up with the loading bar but windows never loaded A lot of people report having problems where it get's past the windows load screen and just keeps cycle rebooting Or it'll load to the user selection screen welcome screen This is not me I am simply stuck at the windows load screen Picture below for reference So I booted into safe mode with networking searched for help EVERYWHERE and couldn't find any - By the way I could boot into safe mode safe mode with command prompt and safe mode with networking So I used my system restore point that had made before the SP upgrade and now I am typing to you from the comfort of my Service Pack But this ticks me off because I want SP on my system for the sake of those Adobe programs and just because I can't get the dern thing on there it bugs me Does anyone have a suggestion for me as to WHAT is stopping me from have a healthy running version of Windows Service Pack I ran the Service Pack install upgrade as an Administrator in safe mode with ANY program thing that could possibly affect it not running I thought I had all my bases covered but apparently not Any help suggestions It'd be nice for all the other people out there who are having this same problem to get an answer as well P S I am running Windows XP Media Center Edition Version Service Pack hopefully SP soon

A:Installed Windows Service Pack 3 Now Windows won't load past Windows Boot Load Screen

Hi sirdanceal0t,
I had a similar problem when Windows XP SP3 was released it was only designed for Intel processors, so if you have a AMD processor it will cause your system not to load, if you are running a AMD processor if i were you try and get back to the System Restore Point or if that fails reimage your pc and just before installing SP3 looks for the patch/fix for your processor model, then install SP3 and it should all be fine.

On the other hand if you have a Intel processor i woulldn't know what to advise.

Swain90

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installed-windows-service-pack-3-now-windows-wont-load-past-windows-boot-load-screen-418781.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello I'm facing a following problem Some random programs on my PC won't start I click on the icons and some of them load their windows but some programs do not load anyting but a process in task manager It seems random The same program can work once and after a restart or some time - it ceases to What could be the cause I experienced several unusual sym ptoms recentyl but couldn't trace it back to one particular but respon do can't windows nothing kill not Random programs process, load happens, moment In order from the oldest to the most recent event From time to time Random programs load but nothing happens, can't kill process, windows do not respon system won't load and there was a information on the black screen that a file ntos dll something with NT and OS and Random programs load but nothing happens, can't kill process, windows do not respon DLL in the name could not be loaded and needed re-installation But I ignorantly ignored this thing In total commander unzipped files quot disappeared quot unpacking file in one column caused the action of unpacking but there was no output Random programs load but nothing happens, can't kill process, windows do not respon file in the second column I converted my system partition from fat to NTFS no intended correlation Most recent Google Chrome could start a download but it stopped after few bytes with different source sites I have win xp pro sp ESET SS all up to date I can load ubuntu via dual boot if need be Could you guys please help me I've made a combofix scan maybe a log can come in useful In case you wanna have a look ComboFix - - - Cyryl - - - x Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT Uruchomiony z c documents and settings Cyryl Pulpit ComboFix exeAV ESET Smart Security On-access scanning disabled Updated E E D - - F - FB -D ACA F C FW Zapora osobista disabled E E D - - - A -A B F C FFE Rezydentny antywirus jest aktywny Usuni to C LOG TXTc windows system AutoRun infc windows system twain dll Pliki utworzone od - - do - - - - - - -------- d-----w- C bleep Club DVDrip www torrentgo com - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings Cyryl Dane aplikacji OfficeRecovery - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings All Users WINDOWS Dane aplikacji OfficeRecovery - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files OfficeRecovery - - - - -------- d-----w- C De Lift DvDrip Dutch -Jte - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files FoxitReaderPortable - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files ImageShack Uploader - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings Cyryl Ustawienia lokalne Dane aplikacji PunkBuster - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings Cyryl Dane aplikacji id Software - - - - ----a-w- c windows system PnkBstrB exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system PnkBstrA exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system pbsvc exe - - - - -------- d-----w- c windows system LogFiles - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings All Users WINDOWS Dane aplikacji id Software - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Paint NET - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings Cyryl Ustawienia lokalne Dane aplikacji Paint NET Sekcja Find M - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files DNA - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings Cyryl Dane aplikacji DNA - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings Cyryl Dane aplikacji Nowe Gadu-Gadu - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Nowe Gadu-Gadu - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings Cyryl Dane aplikacji BitTorrent - - - - ----a-w- c windows system perfc dat - - - - ----a-w- c windows system perfh dat - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings Cyryl Dane aplikacji vlc - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings Cyryl Dane aplikacji Nokia - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings All Users WINDOWS Dane aplikacji Google Updater - - - - -------- d--h--w- c program files InstallShield Installation Information - - - - ----a-w- c documents and settings Cyryl Ustawienia lokalne Dane aplikacji GDI... Read more

A:Random programs load but nothing happens, can't kill process, windows do not respon

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREElle

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/278354/random-programs-load-but-nothing-happens-cant-kill-process-windows-do-not-respon/
Relevancy 58.91%

Ok so I have a bit of an issue that I would like resolved it seems that after installing this pile of tripe on 2 laptops and a desktop that after installing the correct driver's from the manufacturers website when I got to download updates through windows update it shows me that I have 46 updates and 6 optional updates.

Now when I go to check the updates the list is empty and I have to reboot the machine and recheck and this time it works WTF!

anybody else experience this?

A:Windows 8.1 weirdness

Originally Posted by wub901

Ok so I have a bit of an issue that I would like resolved it seems that after installing this pile of tripe on 2 laptops and a desktop that after installing the correct driver's from the manufacturers website when I got to download updates through windows update it shows me that I have 46 updates and 6 optional updates.

Now when I go to check the updates the list is empty and I have to reboot the machine and recheck and this time it works WTF!

anybody else experience this?

Did you reboot after installing the MFG Drivers?'

when I got to download updates through windows update it shows me that I have 46 updates and 6 optional updates.

What happened at this point? Did you say to install the updates or did you reboot at this point?

All I see is that you had to reboot once. What exactly is the problem?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/58920-windows-8-1-weirdness.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi hopeing someone here can help out.

built a new PC and installed Win 8.1 and updated it all.
had the BSOD clock watchdog time out since system 1st built

here is speccy link

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/s4AK5C6zNUVqlIYOPjkGncw

minidump file zip

https://www.mediafire.com/?5jtz00ulfjo5170

could only get access to 1/2 of the files ?

also attached is output of last 10 errors from mini tool box.

I am going to run 10 Pass memory test overnight to see if there are any errors with the memory.

Did speak to guy where i bought the components and his idea was to do full wipe and reinstall of windows.
I do try and leave this to last ditch attempt.

Thanks for all and any help or advice.

Ross.

A:Clock watchdog timeout win 8.1 fresh build pc and fresh windows install

A wee update.

ran mem test over night. did 10 passes and no errors with the memory.

Cheers

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/531175/clock-watchdog-timeout-win-81-fresh-build-pc-and-fresh-windows-install/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi I Fresh fresh system Random install, - BSOD have installed a whole new windows pro x My new Random BSOD - Fresh install, fresh system mobo an ASus p e pro along with new ram pc gskill x ddr running in mhz due to my q Everythingi s running perfectly except some random BSOD total this week I have posted a pack of dump file in here the last ones are the ones that represent the BSOD I had and that I cannot explain the others ones are for various reasons crashes who happenned during installation but Random BSOD - Fresh install, fresh system that I was able to resolve What is weird is that my BSOD only happenned when I was surfing explorer on when the CPU was idle at night with utorrent running today mc pc got BSOD at AM after night or running perfectly it is open since then and running perfectly again All the afternoon for hours it loaded utorrent I cam back from the university and started to play empire total war and lot of MW multiplayer Everything is working perfectly no BSOD But I'm afraid to leave my pc open this night when the BSOD happen I usually have to reboot manually because if it reboot by itself it lead to a DOS screen saying to select a boot device Help me someone I cannot believe me G-skill memory are faulty otherwise they would have failed in-game I suspect nvidia drivers can be responsible for thoses bluescreen The power management tool is not working properly and whatever the option I choose in the nvidia panel it will sometimes lower my frequencies and sometimes it will keep the stock one A strange thing also is that my CPU is lowering it's speed in a kind of power saving option but I turned intel speedstep off so it should not do it should it IS there a problem running pc in mhz I do not want to maintain my FSB to north bridge to mhz all the time cause it heat my system a lot I use that function from time to time for hard gaming sessions crysis for example PLease help Thanks for your help already

A:Random BSOD - Fresh install, fresh system

I think I must also mention that BSOD didnt always give the same message, wich lead me to confusion in my troubleshooting research.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/55675-random-bsod-fresh-install-fresh-system.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Has anyone run into an issue with WU10 where it'll just sit there for what seems like forever at some percentage before FINALLY moving forward? I just applied the 1607 cumulative update to a laptop and at various points it just seemed to get stuck. And then, at 97%, it must've taken a half-hour to download those last remaining 3%. I verified that my internet stream was working throughout - WU just stubbornly wouldn't grab that last small chunk.

It looks like W10 is very erratic and spartan in its reporting of percentages across-the-board. I've noticed the same thing when downloading files using Edge. There's not a steady progression that's displayed to the user, but rather something like 7% then jumping to 31% then 65% and finally 100%. And I'm pretty sure I've witnessed the same sort of strange download hangs with Edge, too.

Anyone?

https://hardforum.com/threads/windows-update-wu-weirdness.1909125/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi,
Im on XP Pro
After I do a windows search, (the search has finished), when I open a Word file it makes the search "run" again and I can hear the HD working while I'm viewing the file.

Any ideas whats going on here and how I can fix this?

TIA
Music

A:Windows Search Weirdness

Hi Music,

seems like a weird problem...has it always happened or only just recently? If fairly recently, can you think of any software installations which may have triggered it...possibly Nero Suite or other type programs which have components to search/index files?

Also, does the same happen on all user profiles on your PC?

Plus, when it happens...if you open your Task Manager and check the Processes tab, is there any particular processes which are using lots of CPU/RAM resources?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-search-weirdness-157658.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi folks Just Windows Explorer weirdness found out about this marvelous forum first post here Ever since I bought this machine years ago with XP Home installed legit copy on it by the dealer Explorer likes to do things its own way I tell it I want to see file details not them icons Here s the steps I take stretch Explorer s window to the top amp bottom of the screen view gt details Windows Explorer weirdness tools gt folder options gt view gt apply to all folders making sure the quot remember each folder s view settings quot is checked After a while could be minutes or hours the next time I fire up Explorer it s back to usually tiles or sometimes icons I ve learned to live with it but it would be really cool if anyone has a fix No problem on my wife s machine just this one I alternate between different virus checkers registry fixers and a couple of spy malware detectors - about times a week All of them always claim I m clean The durn thing just hates me or something I d love to have it listen to me and I m looking forward to your wisdom Bart

A:Windows Explorer weirdness

Its highly recommended to only use one virus program backed by a malware removal tool. Bleeping Computer doesn't recommend using Registry Fixers as they could only make your issue worse.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/301232/windows-explorer-weirdness/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hey Gang,

I have a weird quirk I'm hoping someone can help me with... When double clicking on a picture or video in Windows Explorer, the program running the file will stay in the background and I'll have to access it through the task bar. If I click a text or doc file the program comes to the front.

I just installed a new 64 bit Windows 7 system and I'm noticing some weird stuff... nothing major, just annoying. Anyway, if anyone knows how to fix my problem I would appreciate the help. I'm assuming it would be a simple registry tweak.

Thanks!!!

A:Windows Explorer Weirdness - Help!

Hi ;

After installation,did you finish your all IMPORTANT UPDATE. Also use default program select just windows default.

Go to start\default programs\select default access default program

select windows default then restart your computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-explorer-weirdness-help-595682.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Recently my Sidebar has started acting weird, specifically Calendar. Every time, I restart my system, Sidebar loads just fine, except for Calendar, which loads but without any dates, or ability to change from day to month (just a blank page). Uninstalling and reinstalling Calender does no good. However when I shut down my system and do a cold start, everything installs just fine including Calendar. My system is unchanged, and now new hardware, or software has been installed, and my virus scans are clean, and other than this anomaly, system is running perfect. Any and all ideas/suggestions welcome. Thanks Zalophus

A:Windows Sidebar weirdness

Hello Zalophus,

Option One in the tutorial below may be able to help with this.

Windows Sidebar - Gadget Not Displayed Correctly

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/291159-windows-sidebar-weirdness.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello,

I'm looking at doing a fresh install of Windows 8, but I can only find option to purchase an upgrade. Can you purchase the upgrade, burn it to DVD, and boot from it to do a fresh install?

Thanks,

A:Solved: Windows 8 fresh install?

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows-8/a/clean-install-windows-8-upgrade.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-8-fresh-install.1074612/
Relevancy 58.48%

Well i tried to install windows on a used gig hd It ended Windows Solved: help install Fresh up hanging at the Setup is inspecting your computers hardware configuration So i searched around a bit and it said my hd needed to be repartitioned so i said instead of that id go out and buy a new gig that was only dollars So i put the hd in and tried with this and it still hangs Solved: Windows Fresh install help at teh same screen For some reason i cannot get passed the quot Setup is inspecting your computers hardwear configuration quot screen I then put in another CD of windows but the bit version to try that one to see if it were the CD that were bad And it went straight into the setup but then did not recognize my harddrive was there If anyone knows how to do this please help My computer specs are AMD x gigs of DDR Geforce GT MSI motherboard K something brand new lite on dvd cd burner as the cd rom drive watt power supply Please help would be very thankfull Thanks Matt nbsp

A:Solved: Windows Fresh install help

Matt: Be sure the CD is clean or use windex and a paper towel
to clean it. Wipe off the Windex from the center to the edges.
You do not have to partition the drive to install XP or any other OS.
Partitioning can be done within the setup, if desired.
Sometimes, it takes quite a while for setup to finish inspecting the hardware configuration.
Be patient.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-fresh-install-help.719413/
Relevancy 58.05%

My music computer started having problems with Windows locking drive, Windows fresh same lockups! Fresh old 98 install, up at irregular intervals and after a while the thing simply wouldn t boot up all the Fresh drive, fresh Windows 98 install, same old lockups! time The lockups had been getting worse so naturally I thought I had been vicitimized by some spyware adware virus infection and took measures After countless hours I finally gave up and bought a new hard drive installed it and put on a fresh copy of Windows SE from my recovery CD It worked fine - for a while Now the computer is exhibiting the same symptoms with the new drive as it did with the old drive I tried running the Seagate SeaTools to see if I could find any abmormalities and it checked out fine What is odd is that the computer locks up at no particular place with no particular interval of time Quite often I can t even get it past the Windows splash screen My uneducated opinion is that this has to be a hardware issue and I m feeling frustrated by my inability to isolate the problem If anyone can make suggestions as how I should proceed I would be very grateful indeed The computer has an AMD Athlon processor with MB of RAM installed on an Azza X AS motherboard by the manufacturer CyberPower Inc It clocks around ghz The computer has a CD-R RW a Toshiba DVD-ROM a floppy drive a Creative Labs SoundBlaster Live GeForce meg video adaptor a k modem a Turbolink switching power supply atx and extra cooling fans The original drive is an IBM Deskstar gig and the new drive is a Maxtor Diamondmax Plua gig The machine worked perfectly since and it s been hooked up to a network router and the internet the entire time running hours a day except during bad weather The old Pentium sitting next to it has been doing similar duty since with no problems running Windows nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

Hello I have got allot of BSOD when i installed windows again with a Fresh install before that install i got bsod but i tought it would dissapear when i do a fresh install but still they are comming back Fresh Solved: Random of Install BSOD Allot After with Solved: Allot of Random BSOD After Fresh Install the same things i hope you can help me with these bsod Moji Here is some information from Who Crashed Crash Dump Analysis Crash dump directory C Windows Minidump Crash dumps are enabled on your computer On Sun - - GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module rdyboost sys rdyboost xFCCC Bugcheck code x E xFFFFFFFFC xFFFFFFFF F F xFFFFFFFF D BB xFFFFFFFF D B Error SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED M file path C Windows system drivers rdyboost sys product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description ReadyBoost Driver Bug check description This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time On Sun - - GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows memory dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntkrpamp exe nt KeBugCheckEx x E Bugcheck code x E xFFFFFFFFC xFFFFFFFF F F xFFFFFFFF D BB xFFFFFFFF D B Error SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Bug check description This bug check indicates that a system thread generated an exception that the error handler did not catch A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver ntkrpamp exe Google query ntkrpamp exe SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED On Sun - - GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module usbfilter sys usbfilter x Bugcheck code x E xFFFFFFFFC D xFFFFFFFF F B A xFFFFFFFF B BC xFFFFFFFF B A Error SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED M file path C Windows system drivers usbfilter sys product AMD USB Filter Driver company Advanced Micro Devices description AMD USB Filter Driver Bug check description This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver usbfilter sys AMD USB Filter Driver Advanced Micro Devices Google query usbfilter sys Advanced Micro Devices SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED M On Sat - - GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntkrnlpa exe nt x E B Bugcheck code xFC xFFFFFFFF FAC x EDA xFFFFFFFF FAC x Error ATTEMPTED EXECUTE OF NOEXECUTE MEMORY file path C Windows system ntkrnlpa exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that an attempt was made to execute non-executable memory This might be a case of memory corruption More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers not because of faulty RAM modules There is a possibility this problem was caused by a virus or other malware The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time On Sat - - GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntkrnlpa exe nt x E B Bugcheck code x xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF x xFFFFFFFF x Error PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA fi... Read more

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi,

I have a freshly installed Windows 7 64B. Trying to run some games, resulted in error messages. After a lot of frustration, I realized I might be missing some 3D functionality on my DirectX. Check the screenshots:

I'm completely at loss. I've tried to re-install DirectX, Graphics Card drivers (just in case), everything seems to be up-to-date. I know it's a small thing, but I can't make it work. This is so frustrating...

Any help would be much appreciated!

A:[SOLVED] I don't seem to have 3D DirectX on fresh Windows 7 Install?!

W7's DirectX 11 only supports DX9 with regards to Aero compatibility or thereabouts, you need to install the full version of DirectX 9.0C from June 2010 (the web stub installer usually fails) for full compatibility (the same goes for W8/8.1, as far as I can tell).

Download DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010) from Official Microsoft Download Center

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-i-dont-seem-to-have-3d-directx-on-fresh-windows-7-install-786466.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Greetings I just reformatted my H D and did a fresh install of Windows XP PRO Right after I started noticing frustrating problems with Windows Explorer While trying to copy and Explorer fresh O.S. [SOLVED] Windows glitches in paste backed-up files from my Sony DRU A explorer takes a long time responding when clicking on files on both the ones on the [SOLVED] Windows Explorer glitches in fresh O.S. DVD-RW and the ones on the hard drive Usually I get the error message quot Explorer is not responding quot I even downloaded FreeCommander and am having the same problems with that as well I know it is spyware and malware free because I've run Spybot S amp D Spywareblaster Spywareguard and my ISP's version of F-Secure I have also ran Microsoft's Fix It Center and Iolo's System Mechanic all to no avail I have also reinstalled the ASPI layer and can read and install from CD's so I think it is something in the O S which is fully updated with SP and all others Any advice would be very appreciated I have never had a problem like this since I had my first PC in Thank you

A:[SOLVED] Windows Explorer glitches in fresh O.S.

Hi,

A couple of things then:

!) Try putting in your system disc and running SFC /scannow from the run command.

!) Give it a go in safemode! A very good idea as it eliminates most 3rd party software from start-up. If it does work in safemode, you may want to disable startup files.
START > RUN > msconfig > OK > STARTUP (Top right [TAB]) > Disable All > APPLY > CLOSE > Restart Machine.

!) This could be to do with an application having a lock over the Windows
Clipboard. David Candy's application should determine the Process that's
causing the problem.
Download GetOpenClipboardWindow.zip from here:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/temp/GetOpenClipboardWindow.zip
Unzip and run the tool. Post back what it reports. For best results, run
this utility during the time you encounter the Copy / Paste problem.

!) I've seen mention of the 'PRONoMgr' process causing issues - This is related to the IntelPROset application. Do you have this?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Let us know how you get on!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-windows-explorer-glitches-in-fresh-o-s-519971.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hey

I just reinstalled windows 7. This time I installed 64-bit. Before installing i backed everything up onto my second HDD. But now that second HDD doesn't seem to show up.
My Main HDD is Sata
The HDD that is missing is IDE, the drive shows up in bios and it worked fine before installation.]

O and it doesn't come up in partition manager or anything like that.

A:Solved: Windows 7 Won't show Second HDD (After FResh Install) 64-bit

o well i worked it out. I just dissed my IDE DVD drive and it worked, the jumpers were setup correctly but eh

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-wont-show-second-hdd-after-fresh-install-64-bit.926045/
Relevancy 57.62%

So I recently had to reformat and install Windows XP Media Center on my broher s Alienware Area- m laptop Everything is working except for sound now Video works fine and amazing but no sound whatsoever I installed everything from a install...but sound Did a now no MC Solved: XP Windows SP2 have fresh I support cd that was included with the laptop There s a driver called Realtek Solved: Did a fresh Windows XP MC SP2 install...but now I have no sound High Def Audio is what came with the computer that I installed But it s not appearing any where in the device manager I also installed a bluetooth program which from looking at the audio choices from the control panel is taking the top spot for Solved: Did a fresh Windows XP MC SP2 install...but now I have no sound audio It says Bluetooth Hands Free Audio as the main audio device Which is confusing as hell The Solved: Did a fresh Windows XP MC SP2 install...but now I have no sound laptop is running Windows XP Media Center with Service Pack I have updated Windows since the clean install I even downloaded the UAA patch Windows put out for updates And still no sound Please any help would be awesome and greatly appreciated Here s the specs of my brother s laptop Operating Systems Windows XP Media Center Processors Chipset amp Memory Intel Core amp Duo Processors MB Cache MHz FSB Intel PM ICH M-DH Chipset Up to GB Dual Channel DDR at MHz dedicated SO-DIMM slots for Dual Channel DDR Memory Graphics amp Video Single Graphics Card MB NVIDIA GeForce Go GTX GDDR Connectivity Video Video in Integrated TV Tuner Coaxial - Optional Video out One VGA Connector Video out One DVI-D Connector TV out One S-Video out connector Hard Drive Storage Slot Loading Hard Drives RPM - GB SATA Optical Drives x CD-RW x DVD Combo Networking Wireless Connectivity Internal Intel PRO Wireless a b g Mini-Card Integrated Bluetooth Wired Connectivity Integrated Gigabit Ethernet RJ- Integrated K V modem RJ- Audio Digital High-Definition Audio Two Speakers with SubWoofer Supports Channel audio Plays kHz bit Supports S PDIF Output Via Toslink Optical out Bluetooth audio support Connectivity Audio headphone jack microphone jack TOSlink Optical Audio Peripheral Connections Hi-speed USB ports Express Card Slot mm IEEE a -pin port -in- Memory Card Reader SD MS MSPRO MMC LCD Panel amp Wide Screen WUXGA x with Clearview Keyboard amp Touchpad Full Size Keyboard with Separate Numeric Keypad Full Size Touchpad with Scroll Functionality Instant Access Buttons include Internet E-mail Windows Media Player Power DVD Windows Media Center Play Pause Skip Forward Skip Backward Case amp Chassis Height amp Width amp Depth amp Weight lbs Power Watt AC-Adapter - V V amp A mAh Battery -cell V nbsp

A:Solved: Did a fresh Windows XP MC SP2 install...but now I have no sound

You should have saved all your drivers. Would have made life a lot easier.

Find drivers at the manufacturer's site.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-did-a-fresh-windows-xp-mc-sp2-install-but-now-i-have-no-sound.892126/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have windows xp installed on my computer and wanted do do a new install of it. So i set my computer to lounch from cd put my cd in a pressed intall windows new install. the computer restarted by itself and the windows install screen came up. Because i had to partitions C and D i deleted D first and then when i tried to delete C it said i could'nt do that because thats where xp was. I guess this means that the computer did'nt boot from the cd;/ The problem now is that it says press F3 to exit setup but when i press it nothing happens. Should i just take the cd out turn the computer off and hope for the best even though i deleted the D partition which was really small?

A:Solved: Urgent windows fresh install help

It usually asks where you want to install to.
Which partition did you select? Then asks for size and whether to format or use current setup.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-urgent-windows-fresh-install-help.783418/
Relevancy 57.62%

So at this point it's become a grudge. It's only a few MB but in the past I've never been able to remove it and it's just pissing me off.

Windows Messenger must be vaporized!

What I've done already:

1. Control Panel > Add Remove Programs > Add/Remove Windows Components
Unchecked the box by Windows Messenger, clicked next and restarted. Still 2.02 MB of it in C:\Program Files\Messenger

2. C:\WINDOWS\inf\sysoc.inf
Changed the msmsgs=msgrocm.dll,OcEntry,msmsgs.inf,hide,7 line to msmsgs=msgrocm.dll,OcEntry,msmsgs.inf,,7
Control Panel > Add Remove Programs > Add/Remove Windows Components
Unchecked box by both Windows Messenger lines, clicked next and restarted. Folder still exists, same size.

Not sure what else to do. Help please.

A:Solved: Fresh XP Pro cleanup, Windows Messenger won't go away!

A few other things to try..

Remove Windows Messenger

How to Uninstall Windows Messenger

Can I uninstall Windows Messenger in Windows XP?

Microsoft Messenger Removal

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-fresh-xp-pro-cleanup-windows-messenger-wont-go-away.700201/
Relevancy 57.62%

I enter the Windows Install environment for XP, and install my 3rd party RAID driver, but when I try to actually install windows it says it can't copy the files, though the disk is still in the A:, and the setup hasn't changed.

The indication I get when I skip loading the files is a BSOD: ***STOP 0x0000007B (0xF894D528, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Do I need a particular file structure for Windows to see my drivers that it JUST loaded 2 minutes before?

A:[SOLVED] Installing Windows XP SP2 fresh, errors

For what it's worth, on my installs I set boot order floppy, cd then hd.

Are you sure you have the correct data on the floppy?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-installing-windows-xp-sp2-fresh-errors-455478.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have been experiencing some general weirdness with my windows lately here are general Windows with etc Some Explorer, weirdness some issues a If I click on 'New Updates Available' it doesn't open up Some general weirdness with Windows Explorer, etc Windows Update like it should b The same can be said about my notifications to open 'Action Center' c When I do a windows search it just brings up random documents For example searching for Some general weirdness with Windows Explorer, etc 'Windows Update' should bring up the program but instead shows text files that may contain the word windows update d My Windows Explorer is messed up by not showing file sizes and some blank spots where I should be able to sort etc I uploaded a screenshot of the windows explorer weirdness as part of the attachment ---- Notes - I ran Malewarebytes with nothing detected combofix was fine and did a scan with avast resulting in threats - It fixed itself once on a reboot recently but has since gone back to acting strange again I'm not really sure what could be causing this has it happened to anyone else Thanks fro any replies

A:Some general weirdness with Windows Explorer, etc

welcome to sevenforums stevebeans ,try sfc/scannow to start with

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/236257-some-general-weirdness-windows-explorer-etc.html
Relevancy 57.62%

For Continuous Weirdness.. Windows Update some reason each day i get the same automatic update file from Microsoft and each day it Windows Continuous Update Weirdness.. installs For now to stop the annoyance i have my automatic updates on weekly instead of daily But i find this quite strange Does this mean anything in particular I ll post a HJT i spose Also while you re checking for suspicious stuff is there anything on this list that Doesn t need to be there ie IE junk or unused progs etc Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Creative Shared Files Module Loader DLLML exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Eset nod kui exe C Program Files ASUS Probe AsusProb exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files iolo System Mechanic Professional SMSystemAnalyzer exe C Program Files Ray Adams ATI Tray Tools atitray exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM CTXFISPI EXE C Program Files Creative ShareDLL CADI NotiMan exe C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA EXE C WINDOWS system sesinetd exe C WINDOWS system hserver exe C Program Files Eset nod krn exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Winamp winamp exe C Documents and Settings Mike Desktop Stuff HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId amp clcid SUB CLCID R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Rogers Hi-Speed Internet O - BHO HelperObject Class - C D-C - C - -FCE AD C - C Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagItBHO dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar SnagIt - FF E -ABDE- EB-B E-D AAB CABE - C Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagItIEAddin dll O - HKLM Run RCSystem quot C Program Files Creative Shared Files Module Loader DLLML exe quot RCSystem -Startup O - HKLM Run AudioDrvEmulator quot C Program Files Creative Shared Files Module Loader DLLML exe quot - AudioDrvEmulator quot C Program Files Creative Shared Files Module Loader Audio Emulator AudDrvEm dll quot O - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hide O - HKLM Run nod kui quot C Program Files Eset nod kui exe quot WAITSERVICE O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run ASUS Probe C Program Files ASUS Probe AsusProb exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run SMSystemAnalyzer quot C Program Files iolo System Mechanic Professional SMSystemAnalyzer exe quot O - HKCU Run AtiTrayTools quot C Program Files Ray Adams ATI Tray Tools atitray exe quot O - Startup Adobe Gamma lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C P... Read more

A:Windows Continuous Update Weirdness..

Are you sure the update has installed properly?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-continuous-update-weirdness.520843/
Relevancy 57.62%

Step by Step explanation of what occurred and what I did The computer a month old ACer Aspire - Windows Home Premium Intel Core i - M Intel Solved time. to disabling Virus How load 20 f... by doesn't windows services. minute has find anything. a all software Windows HD graphics gigs DDR memory gig harddrive PM Monday December th Playing Skyrim Hit CTRL Alt Arrow key by accident This flips the windows GUI upside down Begin searching for solution on that computer by turning it upside down physically Power Cable comes out Laptop shuts down despite Windows has a 20 minute load time. Virus software doesn't find anything. Solved by disabling all windows services. How to f... having full battery Search for solution on old laptop a year old Dell Inspiron with a boatload of problems including spontaneous shut downs and battery issues Has been recently reformatted Find solution Turn on new Acer Acer runs fine until it gets to the Windows screen From quot Welcome please wait quot to me typing in my user password to me seeing my desktop takes approximately minutes Once in Windows runs incredibly choppily Try running in Safe Mode Continues to run incredibly choppily Speak with Acer Support They suggest I use a restore point I slowly inch my way towards a system restore There is one It is for PM Monday December th The laptop was closed but not off at that point I do a system restore The system restore proves ineffective I turn it on It crawls into windows Upon being turned Windows has a 20 minute load time. Virus software doesn't find anything. Solved by disabling all windows services. How to f... on both my Wireless Card and Avast Anti virus are disabled I re-inable avast and my wireless card I download Malware Bytes Trial version I run a full scan with Malware Bytes Trial version It detects nothing I run a full scan with Avast It detects nothing During one of the many crashes and restarts here I get a message in the bottom right Windows Build this copy of windows is not genuine is in the bottom right of my screen This is either false or the Staples where I purchased did something crazy I suspect the former It told me to validate using this URL https www microsoft com genuine validate default aspx displaylang en amp Error amp OSV amp GenuineInfo amp ls I attempted to validate windows It told me quot This update is not available on your computer quot I download and run CCleaner It runs and deletes - megabytes of cookies and other garbage I run MSConfig and Turn everything all services except Avast and Malwarebytes on the premise that important stuff would be retained It prompts me to restart my laptop I do It restarts and loads in within seconds as per usual Success Now the problem Most of the basic windows functions are turned off Sound control power control my touchpad has reverted to default settings and it won t let me fix those internet etcetera I attempt to turn on windows utilities on the basis of quot That kinda sounds important quot The problem reappears I try to run Windows Update It requires me to turn on something specific I turn it on There are important updates It downloads two of them It gives me an error for the other downloads My computer restarts I am now unable to find Windows Update to turn it on I am now no longer able to turn on the internet I am uncertain which Windows services need to be on or off I am uncertain if I should follow these steps http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html since I am uncertain if this is a malware problem Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

A:Windows has a 20 minute load time. Virus software doesn't find anything. Solved by disabling all windows services. How to f...

4 months old and is it still under warranty and bought brand new? I heard staples has a bad reputation atleast for a customer who posted his experience on some threads online.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/432321/windows-has-a-20-minute-load-time-virus-software-doesnt-find-anything-solved-by-disabling-all-windows-services-how-to-figure-out-which-to-enable/
Relevancy 57.19%

I just installed Windows XP Pro on my HP Pavillion a n I chose to do a fresh install rather than upgrade I was given the option to choose which partition to to install Pro wrong Solved: partition? Fresh Windows of XP install to like the C Drive amp D Drive I wasn t sure so I Solved: Fresh install of Windows XP Pro to wrong partition? picked D which is not the main drive but I guess it s an extra recovery partition - it s small only like - gigs After installing some programs and a few files I noticed I started getting low disk space Solved: Fresh install of Windows XP Pro to wrong partition? warnings I guess I didn t realize installing XP Pro to the small partition would make that the main drive where all my files like My Documents My Music everything on my desktop etc would store My C Drive should be the main one it has a GB hard drive and that s where I want everything like My Docs My Music desktop files etc stored So my question is is there anyway to make that the main drive without having to reformat again Sorry if that s confusing nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

i have just reinstalled window xp sp2 on my home computer. i have verizon fios and i cannot connect to the internet.

Relevancy 57.19%

Trying to install Windows XP home on a Dell system w/ a brand new drive. Drivers start to load OK, then it says "setup is starting Windows", then the screen goes black for an instant, then a blue screen. It blue screens at this same point every time.

I've tried a different Windows CD. Same result. I've tested the drive. Healthy. I've tested the MB and CPU with PC Check 65. All pass. I only ran 2 RAM passes. OK. PSU tests fine with tester.

What would you suspect? Could it be a BIOS setting? Perhaps I need to press F6 at the start of installation to install some RAID controller drivers?

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. 0x0000007B (0xF78D2524 ....etc)

A:[SOLVED] Blue screen when trying to fresh install Windows

Tried sticking a different hard drive in there, thinking that a Seagate driver was needed. Same result. Maybe I need an original Dell CD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-blue-screen-when-trying-to-fresh-install-windows-636531.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi So i have been having issues with my MSI GT D days ago i had a bsod i had a had quite a few before hand but it seemed to have fixed itself as this was my first bsod in several months Once it restarted it kept going into quot Windows is checking Files quot It would then crash with horizontal colored lines across the center of the screen No cursor I ran the factory default from the bios and reverted my windows back to its original status then configured grub so it was pointing to the correct partition I have Kali Linux dual booted I had another BSOD the day after the reset and now for some reason my laptop seems to be using very high CPU usage It isnt constant but it fluctuates like crazy going from to then sitting at for a few seconds and so on When playing LOL i have random screen laggs for those of you who do not know this is not a game that requires high system specs i have gone through the following website and installed all the drivers BSOD, CPU [SOLVED] Very Fresh Windows Install - High listed MSI Australia - Computer Laptop Notebook Desktop Mainboard Graphics and more Still the same issue i am most probably going to try and remove kali linux and grub and see if that makes a difference but i cant see why it would I have attached a txt file with a DXDIAG report of my system specs for your consideration Please any help would be much appreciated bearing in my this laptop [SOLVED] BSOD, Fresh Windows Install - Very High CPU is still in warranty so i can have it sent in for warranty repair if [SOLVED] BSOD, Fresh Windows Install - Very High CPU needs be

A:[SOLVED] BSOD, Fresh Windows Install - Very High CPU

Please follow these instructions.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

It does sound like a failing GPU though.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-bsod-fresh-windows-install-very-high-cpu-888058.html
Relevancy 57.19%

My computer had been blue screening at random times for almost - months so I finally had enough and just reformatted the whole thing yesterday and installed a fresh copy of Windows Within like minutes to an hour without having installed anything except google chrome and the ethernet drivers and then letting the computer sit there and run it BSOD BCCode e BCP FFFFFFFFC BCP FFFFF C DD BCP FFFFF A D BCP FFFFF A OS Version Service Pack Product Then it BSOD looped a few more times until it finally loaded Windows up again I left it on overnight to see if it would BSOD again Sure enough checked it this morning and it was turned off Turned it on and I had this message BCCode e BCP FFFFFFFFC BCP FFFFF E DD BCP FFFFF BD D BCP FFFFF BD OS Version Service Pack Product Please help Getting - BSOD a day and sometimes getting stuck in BSOD loops for hours for the last few months is honestly terrible nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

I got a new disk earlier and installed Windows 7. After doing that I installed graphics card drivers and motherboard's drivers from their official site (ASRock > Products > Motherboard > Z77 Extreme4 > Download).

Ever since then I've been having BSODs on the vast majority of my boot attempts. I've tried disabling and uninstalling several drivers but had no luck so far.

The system works fine booting with the old disk, so I'm assuming something has either gone wrong with the install, or the drivers I installed on the first boot.

The appropriate information is attached.

? Windows 7
? x64
? Fresh build
? Retail version of Windows 7 Professional from MSDN
? Disk is new, Motherboard and Chip ~1 year old, graphics card ~2 years old
? Fresh OS installation on brand new disk

? i5-3570K
? Radeon HD 5700
? Z77 Extreme4
? Tagan 350w PSU

? Built myself

A:[SOLVED] Fresh install of Windows 7 BSOD on 90% on boots

Recommendations:Crashes point to the solid state drive as the problem. They indicate that it is not always seen by the system. Disable verifier and proceed with SSD troubleshooting steps below.Start Menu -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Right click Command Prompt -> Run as administrator -> Type the following command and then Enter:
Code:
verifier /reset
-> Restart your computer.
SSD Troubleshooting:The crashes you are receiving are common with SSDs when there are incompatible drivers, hardware, BIOS, or firmware issues. Proceed with SSD troubleshooting:Make sure the following are up to date:SSD firmware
BIOS Version
Chipset Drivers
Hard disk controller drivers/SATA drivers
If you have a Marvell IDE ATA/ATAPI device, make sure the drivers are up to date from the Intel site or Marvell site and not from your motherboard/vendor support site.

If this is a desktop system, try connecting the drive to a different hard disk controller connection, i.e. Marvell instead of Intel, ASMedia instead of Intel, Intel instead of ASMedia or Marvell, etc.

Try doing a power cycle of the SSD. The following steps should be carried out and take ~1 hour to complete.Power off the system.
Remove all power supplies (ac adapter then battery for laptop, ac adapter for desktop)
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to close the circuit and drain all components of power.
Reconnect all power supplies (battery then ac adapter for laptop, ac adapter for desktop)
Turn on the system and enter the BIOS (see your manual for the steps to enter the BIOS)
Let the computer remain in the BIOS for 20 minutes.
Follow steps 1-3 and physically remove the SSD from the system by disconnecting the cables for a desktop or disconnecting the drive from the junction for a laptop.
Leave the drive disconnected for 30 seconds to let all power drain from it.
Replace only the drive power connection if it is a desktop, (fully reconnect the drive to the system if it is a laptop) and then do steps 4-8 again.
Follow steps 1-3 again.
Reconnect the drive fully to the system.
Reconnect all power supplies (battery then ac adapter for laptop, ac adapter for desktop)
Start your computer normally and run Windows.
The above steps were a result of: Why did my SSD "disappear" from my system? - Crucial Community

While that may not be your drive, a power cycle should be the same on all SSD drives. See how the system responds after the SSD power cycle.
If the above does not work, try replacing your SSD with a platter hard disk drive to see if the SSD is faulty or causing conflicts with your overall setup.

Outdated and Problematic Drivers:You should update/replace/remove the following drivers. Any drivers that are known to cause BSODs, please remove the software or remove the drivers and then remove the device; steps to do so are given after the list of outdated drivers.
AsrAppCharger.sys Tue May 10 02:28:46 2011 (4DC8F73E)
ASRock App Charger Likely BSOD cause - haven't seen recently (15Jan2013)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AsrAppCharger.sys

To update drivers, make sure to download the drivers from the manufacturer and not using 3rd party programs. Your drivers should be found from your motherboard support site (ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI, etc.) or your vendor support site (Dell, HP, Toshiba, Sony, etc.) first. If you have devices you bought yourself, the drivers for those devices need to be downloaded from the manufacturer support site for those devices. If you need help, let us know.

To remove drivers, do so by uninstalling the device or software associated with the driver. Devices can be uninstalled through device manager, and then the device itself should be physically removed from the system if no driver updates are available for the device. If it does not make sense to remove the device, i.e. the device is a motherboard, please ask us for further assistance.Uninstall or change a program

Open Device Manager
3rd Party Drivers: ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-fresh-install-of-windows-7-bsod-on-90-on-boots-691314.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi tech support guy I recently found an old pc laying Solved: internet doesn't xp anymore. windows Fresh want to around our house and decided to boot it up to see if it was still working It was so I tried to see if I could get on the internet and I could there were no problems what so ever Sadly the pc was a bit cluttered with all sorts of random junkware my parents used to collect over the years so I decided to do a fresh install of windows xp the initial operating system I got Solved: Fresh windows xp doesn't want to internet anymore. a disk of windows xp pro sp plopped it in Solved: Fresh windows xp doesn't want to internet anymore. installed and Solved: Fresh windows xp doesn't want to internet anymore. it booted perfectly The pc I had found was now clean Next I tried to go onto the internet but to no avail I couldn t get a network connection going no matter how hard I tried I looked around on the internet and found something about network adapters in device management so I looked there but no network adapters were to be found I tried downloading a LAN driver for the motherboard http www msi com product mb KT V---KT V-L--v - - html div Driver amp os XP but that also didn t do anything It said I should restart and plug PCI card So now I m stuck with an old pc that refuses to go on the internet and I ve depleted all my options Wat do tech guy nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

OS - Windows x Original installed OS on system - Windows OEM Refurbished days Have you re-installed the OS Yes AMD Phenom II X T ATI Radeon HD I'm not sure about the motherboard it may be on the listing same with power supply Here is the exact computer I purchased although mine was refurbished from Best Buy online HP - HP Pavilion Elite HPE- f Desktop PC customer reviews - product reviews - read top consumer ratings I purchased it roughly weeks ago from Best Buy online and picked it up on the th of January The problems have been fairly persistent since the th They errors have fresh various Windows codes on BSOD install with [SOLVED] 7 ranged from things like PFN LIST CORRUPT SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION MEMORY MANAGEMENT IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL with various codes b e a a e files such as luafv sys nwifi sys mouclass sys chrome exe storport sys have been identified as culprits I ran sfc scannow and got Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations memtest showed no errors nor did Windows memory test or HP's provided memory diagnostic although I [SOLVED] Windows 7 BSOD with various codes on fresh install did receive some errors with the HP tool saying DIMM or might be the problem so I unseated everything made sure it was clean put stick in DIMM and tested it it passed Stick in DIMM passed All sticks passed individually but when I put them back in together I got another error saying DIMM or DIMM was the problem The test kept failing on a quot march test quot So once it said DIMM or then it said DIMM or So I unseated and checked them all one more time put them all in together and they passed Then they passed Windows memory test again and memtest I ran HP's provided Vision Diagnostics and no problems were found with the fan graphics card memory sound hard drive or any other components It got a full pass Initially when the machine began to crash it would not come back on correctly It would reboot during startup repeatedly wouldn't load safe mode I couldn't boot from the recovery CD or anything until I would unseat the graphics card and unplug the hard drive and [SOLVED] Windows 7 BSOD with various codes on fresh install plug it back in then turn the pc back on After unseating the ram and testing it and reseating it again this wasn't a problem the computer would come back on after crashes except a few times when strange characters appeared during startup and I couldn't even get into a boot menu or load any recovery at all I decided maybe I had really messed up my installation so I did a complete factory restore I changed NOTHING after the restore but instead installed a game to try and stress every component of the system The game ran fine Then eventually after a few hours a crash might happen once or twice and I'd see BSOD The errors seem sporadic At other times they would happen during browsing or even just trying to open a folder to get this report together I had to reboot about times and do a system restore to be able to send this report The mini dumps are included but only one is from my current configuration since I had to restore just to get back online However the configuration I have now after restore is nearly identical that the one before so the problem is probably the same I installed updated wifi and nic drivers from Realtek and RA Link and began to have boot issues preventing me from even restoring After booting into safe mood doing a restore that reported it didn't work but in fact did complete the restore to an earlier point here I am posting this I made a backup image of the system to restore from with all of my programs installed but when I attempted to restore it it only listed the backups from my Vista machine which were stored on the same external drive I was able to mount the VHD as a volume but that only let me retrieve files I still had to reinstall everything I wish there were an easier way to make a full image I could just reload onto the system Anyway the included perfmon report says everythin... Read more

A:[SOLVED] Windows 7 BSOD with various codes on fresh install

Hi -

One of the 2 dumps was corrupted. The remaining dump gave no clues.

See if Driver Verifier can be of help -

Driver Verifier -- http://sysnative.com/0x1/driver_verifier.htm

Windbg Logs
--> http://sysnative.com/...99-dbug_quantumjim_Windows7x64_02-14-2011_jcgriff2_.txt
--> http://sysnative.com/...99-dbug_quantumjim_Windows7x64_02-14-2011_jcgriff2_..zip

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Sun Feb 13 20:00:08.120 2011 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:15:03.196
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KeAcquireInStackQueuedSpinLockAtDpcLevel+4f )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA
PROCESS_NAME: chrome.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xA_nt!KeAcquireInStackQueuedSpinLockAtDpcLevel+4f
Bugcheck code 0000000A
Arguments 00000000`00000020 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000001 fffff800`02a8644f
SystemManufacturer = Hewlett-Packard
SystemProductName = HPE-410f

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-windows-7-bsod-with-various-codes-on-fresh-install-550607.html
Relevancy 57.19%

fresh installation of windows XP Media Center Edition to my pc and now i have a pink screen.. light pink. ive tried checking connections. unpluging everything and pluging it back in. taken video card out cleaned it put it back in. degaussing it. any other suggestions?

A:Solved: Fresh Install of windows XP MCE Pink Screen?!?!?!!

Your OS is XP; the easiest thing to start with is a System Restore.

You speak 1337 so I hope I judge accurate when I assume you have an intermediate understanding of computers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-fresh-install-of-windows-xp-mce-pink-screen.874560/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello All,

I've dealt with the Windows 10 Mail App before, but have not encountered this issue.  When trying to set up an account, which is a Google account, but for another institution, that is, it doesn't use @gmail.com, but is for @school.edu but is managed by Google.

I got through the account creation and granting the App permission to manipulate e-mail, calendar, etc., then the app closed.

I thought, OK, let me open it again, but I'm back to square one on the create accounts page and if I try to create it again I get a message it already exists, however the, "Ready to go" button remains stippled out, forbidding further progress.

Any insights would be appreciated.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/598655/windows-10-mail-app-weirdness-in-setting-up-account/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi first-time poster here I asked around an unrelated forum for a tech-support Solved: inst XP fresh random constant, rebooting... reformat even and after seemingly site and they referred Solved: constant, seemingly random rebooting... even after reformat and fresh XP inst me to this place Here s my Solved: constant, seemingly random rebooting... even after reformat and fresh XP inst issue I am running Windows XP Home Solved: constant, seemingly random rebooting... even after reformat and fresh XP inst Edition Service Pack on an AMD Athlon XP with GHz and MB RAM Starting a few months ago my computer would occasionally reboot itself But recently this started happening more frequently Now I can barely keep the computer turned on in fact I m anticipating several random reboots before I successfully make this forum post Sometimes the computer will reboot DURING the boot process Oftentimes it will reboot in a loop several times before successfully starting Windows Once in Windows it seems like any given action can trigger a Blue Screen Of Death which flashes by too quickly to read and the computer reboots again The BSOD s are pretty erratic Sometimes I ll be using the computer for a half hour without any problems Other times I m barely on for a minute Things I ve tried so far - reinstalled Windows XP - formatted C drive I have a secondary drive that I use for storage but the operating system and some other key programs are on C - downloaded and installed the newest driver for my NVIDIA graphics card - tried each of my three RAM sticks one at a time I figure there are still too many variables to recommend a real quot solution quot at this point but what are some ways for me to better diagnose the problem If anyone could point me in the direction of some good diagnostic programs or show me how to post error logs in this thread I d appreciate it Or if you just have any wild or perhaps not so wild theories as to why my computer might be constantly resetting itself feel free to share those too nbsp

A:Solved: constant, seemingly random rebooting... even after reformat and fresh XP inst

The following should do the trick! Go to start and click run, in the run box type sysdm.cpl go to the advanced tab and click settings under startup and recovery! Uncheck automatically restart, send administrative alert, and write the event to the system log. Then make sure that the Write debugging information is set to none! Then click ok and click apply

If you wish to also get rid of the microsoft error send in message things click the error reporting button and click disable error reporting then check but notify me when critical errors occure!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-constant-seemingly-random-rebooting-even-after-reformat-and-fresh-xp-inst.726784/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have just finished my PC build with the PSU coming in the post today and windows coming shortly after I have a Revodrive ssd gb which needed drivers installed first to work Wasn t a problem I just inserted a memory stick with them on I get through expanding files etc fine just when I get to the product key part it says key not valid Two things I think are causing the problem it is a upgrade package for PC s I am not doing a upgrade as it is a bran new PC windows not upgrade with - install Solved: key 7 product valid. Fresh with no OS Also it says Solved: Fresh install with windows 7 upgrade - product key not valid. for US distribution only but I am in the UK This is what I bought I have contacted the seller and I am waiting for a response If I can not use this windows do I have to wipe the ssd to Solved: Fresh install with windows 7 upgrade - product key not valid. install a different windows product key If it is a windows home premium key How do I wipe it nbsp

A:Solved: Fresh install with windows 7 upgrade - product key not valid.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-fresh-install-with-windows-7-upgrade-product-key-not-valid.1035491/
Relevancy 56.76%

FYI, I know there are a million "solutions", problems and situations regarding delays while performing Windows Updates, but this worked well for me.

Fresh install of Windows 7 x64, installed update package KB3135445, then I was able to check for updates in under 2 minutes. I did it over and over again, it never failed. Got all updating done in a little over an hour.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/398957-fresh-install-windows-update-problems-solved-under-2-minutes.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I recently installed a fresh OEM copy of Windows Professional on my Lenovo x tablet PC I installed all the necessary drivers and had the whole thing set up perfectly After installing the hotkey driver I was able to enable the bluetooth capability Initially I tried getting my Microsoft Bluetooth Notbook Mouse to work with the computer and figured that there would be devices Bluetooth working not install Solved: after fresh Windows Pro of 7 no issue since it worked fine when Vista was installed However the computer was never able to get the device completely working When I Solved: Bluetooth devices not working after fresh install of Windows 7 Pro tried parring the mouse it would consistantly get an error I eventually decided to download the latest bluetooth driver from Lenovo vbv ww exe but the device still did not work Previously in Device Manager I would look under Mice and other pointing devices and I would see that there was a HID mouse device which was the bluetooth one Searching through forums someone mentioned that you had to go to Solved: Bluetooth devices not working after fresh install of Windows 7 Pro services msc and have bluetooth support be set to automatic and change log on to local system account I made the changes and it did not fix the problem I tried restarting and attempting to try over and over to get it to work but nothing helped I even would hit the keystroke Fn F disable the bluetooth reciever and then re-enable to see if it would pick it up and nothing different occured I also enabled in the bluetooth settings quot Allow bluetooth devices to find this computer quot But now the real problem is that my laptop will not even detect any bluetooth device at all When I was originally trying to get the mouse to be installed a pop-up would come up at the notification area saying that a device wanted to connect But now when I do the same procedure nothing happens If I go to the bluetooth manager and click quot add a device quot it never finds any Also in device manager the previous HID mouse is no longer showing up when I try to connect my bluetooth mouse I also tried to see if I could connect my iPhone to my PC but its not detecting any device I tried re-installing the same bluetooth driver again and restart but nothing changed Now my bluetooth is completley defective However the Fn F radio seems to be working fine the lighted icon near the power lights is glowing so it is still functioning ok in that respect just some type of software glitch If anyone knows what I can do or point me in the right direction I would be really appreciative Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Bluetooth devices not working after fresh install of Windows 7 Pro

I resolved the problem. I simply ran a system restore before the installation of any bluetooth drivers and after it completed, the mouse just started working. I then installed the supported bluetooth drivers and everything is ok.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-bluetooth-devices-not-working-after-fresh-install-of-windows-7-pro.874991/
Relevancy 56.76%

I've got a desktop here with an absolutly FRESH install of Windows 7 Enterprise X32

Since that, I have been fully connected to the internet Wired or Wireless, yet unable to browse the web.

I've found that by unchecking the following option, I can get browser function back in IE.

"Automatically Detect Proxy Settings"

As soon as I recheck the box, all browsing stops (Page cannot be displayed).

The problem I'm having is that I beleve this is linked to some Windows Update problems I've been having.

Quote:

Microsoft Security Essentials

Error code: 0x80072efe

and

Quote:

Windows Live Esentials Installer

Error code: 0x8104000d

I'm just trying to figure this out. Both these errors are related to network connectivity issues. I have sevral PC's Mac's Phone's and Game consoles on my network and this is the only thing giving me a hard time.

A:[SOLVED] Fresh Format and Cannot browse the web - Windows Update Issues

Bump ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-fresh-format-and-cannot-browse-the-web-windows-update-issues-462937.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi All

Another one...I just formatted my C-Drive and installed a fresh copy of windows 7 ultimate on it. After restart, I got the following screen - See image attached. Now Windows can't boot at all. I tried using a system repair disk but it doesn't work. I doubt if it is a hardware problem, since I can access the boot menu and its options, but as I said, running the repair disk fails, I keep on getting that screen when it restarts.

Any ideas? Can it be my MBR that is screwed? What options do I have available?

Thank you very much!

Relevancy 56.76%

My issue is a full system hang without BSOD no mem dump It seems to occur while playing Flash install 7 [SOLVED] fresh Windows System no hangs BSOD, games like Zynga Poker Windows hangs completely no cursor movement no recovery I let one hang sit for nearly an hour before hard-resetting O S - Windows Professional SP amd HW age - Less than year Planned reinstallation less than a week ago HW change previous to issue - Remove GB Seagate SATA drive install TB WD SATA drive Remove [SOLVED] System hangs no BSOD, fresh install Windows 7 OCZ SSD as OS drive History of PC and issue The PC is a self built machine specs in drop down completed less than a year ago First installation of Windows ran without issue Second installation of Windows to SSD was temporary whilst I organized consolidated and backed up my files from HDDs No issues Third installation current install on Starting on the system suffered from a Hang while playing Zynga Poker with my son Dismissed as a one-off issue I was spending time with my son teaching him about computer hardware and playing Zynga Poker with him the PC suffered an abrupt shutdown immediate off After troubleshooting I found what appeared to be the culprit in a loose SATA power connection to my modular PSU SeaSonic X The immediate shutdowns ceased but the hangs still occur What I have done Troubleshooting and repair Full gamut of hardware diagnostics HDD - WD Caviar Black SATA GB OS Drive - Checked and passed HDD - WD Caviar Black SATA TB - Checked and passed Memory - GB Kingston HyperX Blu - Tested extensively and passed CPU - AMD Phenom T x - OCCT for hours pass Prime DOS - pass Full tear-down inspection of HW components Full test of PSU voltages idle and under load with Multimeter Steady voltages well within ATX parameters - pass Software Diagnostics and Drivers chkdsk c f r - No errors reported SFC scannow - No violations or file corruption found Update Video drivers Update Chipset drivers Update SATA drivers Uninstall and reinstall Flash Player twice Went through Event Viewer and checked repaired errors ToDo list Zero write and Fresh installation of Windows Attached are the output files of the JCGriff app Even though there are no dumps All system events are post-last crash I cleared the Event Viewer Log files earlier today It truly appears to me that the system hangs are only occurring when playing Flash based Apps Zynga Poker I have not to my knowledge had one single crash or hang since this computer was built until now If you need more info please ask If I don't find resolution soon I am going to procede with the wipe and reinstallation Thank you in advance for your time and attention GZ

A:[SOLVED] System hangs no BSOD, fresh install Windows 7

Things I have done to this point...

Downgrade to Flash 11.2 from 11.3.
Downgrade from IE9 to IE8
Run further HW tests to pinpoint any HW failures.
Ran multiple malware scans (MSE/ESET Online/MBAM)

All above steps did not resolve the issue.

Replace my newer SeaSonic X650 modular PSU with my old Corsare TX850.
Complete disassembly and re-build of my PC with physical inspection of each component.

I have yet to have a freeze/hang since replacing the PSU. I will give it a few days before I make any assumptions.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-system-hangs-no-bsod-fresh-install-windows-7-a-661278.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi! So, I had a malware issue, had it cleaned with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, and things are good again... except that there's a problem with opening programs through desktop and pinned-to-taskbar shortcuts, as well as the Start Menu. When I try to open a program, such as any taskbar shortcut, including the Windows Explorer one, it says, "Choose which program you would like to use to open this (program)". Strange?

Some programs I can only open by right-clicking and choosing "Run as Administrator". I understand that this must be the result of the loss of somes files that were infected and removed, but it's annoying!

Ideas?

Thanks!

A:Post-Virus Cleaning Windows Explorer Weirdness!

Download the File Association Fixer

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/post-virus-cleaning-windows-explorer-weirdness-563878.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I bought a used laptop from someone who had xp installed in Dell N4050. Now when I try to install windows 7 after formatting, I get the error

"The bios in this system is not fully acpi complaint"

I checked in dell website latest bios for the laptp, it is a07 which is already a07 in the laptop. So I wonder why it is getting error and how to sort it out. Thank you.

A:[SOLVED] bios in this system is not acpi complaint when i install fresh windows 7

Are you using the restore partition or a Win7 disk?
See if you have the factory restore partition still intact by following the instructions here> Restoring Your Dell Computer to Original Factory Installation with Dell DataSafe Local Backup 2.0 | Dell

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-bios-in-this-system-is-not-acpi-complaint-when-i-install-fresh-windows-7-a-648578.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Problem XP fails to start in any mode XP has been reloaded from an image with no change in situation I was reimaging the machines anyway I have not yet had a successful boot since reimaging and Windows ends XP) XP in startup and install BSOD. fails Solved: (Fresh of hence XP mini setup has not completed the image was Solved: Windows XP startup fails and ends in BSOD. (Fresh install of XP) prepared using sysprep to allow it to be rolled out to multiple machines These machines are connected to Solved: Windows XP startup fails and ends in BSOD. (Fresh install of XP) an AD Domain Currently I m running memtest from Knoppix Knoppix Solved: Windows XP startup fails and ends in BSOD. (Fresh install of XP) booted with only one error about not passing in proper display information Perhaps the graphics card is going The last file loaded in a safe mode bootup is mup sys which leads me further to believe that it s a hardware problem and that s backed up by Google I ve opened it up cleaned it out with a little make that a lot of compressed air Boy was it dusty I forgot to mention this computer is at a high school if you want an idea of what the users are like It s a magnet gifted selective enrollment for you Chicago people high school though Details Machine Dell Optiplex Series OS Windows XP SP Network Environment although link is Ethernet Realtek xx family Connected to k AD Domain around computers in total on domain Any suggestions on things to try I didn t see anything obviously wrong on the motherboard that is no exploded capicitors disconnected cables missing RAM etc I m running memtest now however we won t know the results of that until tomorrow I m going to swap out the HD with a different one and we ll see if that s any better Thanks guys nbsp

A:Solved: Windows XP startup fails and ends in BSOD. (Fresh install of XP)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-xp-startup-fails-and-ends-in-bsod-fresh-install-of-xp.730524/
Relevancy 55.9%

Just did a fresh install of Window XP. Went to Windows Update to get current and scan came back clean- nothing needed, not even sp2- NO WAY! I must need a ton of updates, patches, etc- how do I determine what I need in order to get current when MS's own scan says I don't need anything?

Any help would be appreciated!
thanks
WEBZ

A:Solved: Windows Update shows no updates needed on a fresh install of XP- no way!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-update-shows-no-updates-needed-on-a-fresh-install-of-xp-no-way.469613/
Relevancy 55.9%

This system had a pretty bad virus (would not even fully boot into Windows). So to save time, I formatted the drive and installed Windows XP Home. After it finished installing, when it first booted up fully, after 10 seconds, it froze. Could not move the cursor or anything.

Tried rebooting, same thing. I tested the hard drive, which is a WD 40GB drive, with Seatools, and it passed both the short test and the extended test. I am now testing the RAM with memtest86+. I am at 64% into the first pass, and there are no errors so far. It's been running for 50 min.

Any ideas as to why it would be freezing? It wasn't just a day ago when we were just dealing with the virus.

A:Solved: Just did a fresh install of Windows XP Home; system freezes seconds after ful

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-just-did-a-fresh-install-of-windows-xp-home-system-freezes-seconds-after-ful.739141/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi I m running Windows XP Pro SP on a GHz computer with MB of RAM I just finished reformatting my GB hard drive and the installation of the operating system is brand spanking new and default When booting up I noticed it takes an insanely long time I m not sure what is causing it but I ll describe it as best as I can It runs through the normal BIOS stuff just fine very quickly as I have it set up to do so But that is when it stops immediately after BIOS I get a completely black screen with no text or anything to indicate what is going Slow XP Fresh Windows Installation Solved: Pro, Drive, OS Reformatted Boot, on I only see a white segmented progress bar sort of reminiscent of the Windows K loading screen There is no now loading Windows XP no icons or logos none of the normal stuff you d expect The entire process takes between - minutes though I ve not timed it exactly All I know is that it wasn t like this before I m at a complete loss I haven t installed any new programs yet I m not connected to the internet with this computer Solved: Windows XP Pro, Slow Boot, Reformatted Drive, Fresh OS Installation the only thing I ve put on the machine is a backup of various files prior to my wipe Solved: Windows XP Pro, Slow Boot, Reformatted Drive, Fresh OS Installation such as Solved: Windows XP Pro, Slow Boot, Reformatted Drive, Fresh OS Installation images text documents pdf s etc But this was an issue prior to me doing so Any ideas Oh and thank you for your time nbsp

A:Solved: Windows XP Pro, Slow Boot, Reformatted Drive, Fresh OS Installation

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-xp-pro-slow-boot-reformatted-drive-fresh-os-installation.710325/
Relevancy 55.9%

this doesnt really seem to be an issue as such at least not yet but lve noticed on both my PC and laptop that they have recently on startup started to eat ram and the reason lm finding it so weird is that its recently started doing it and the amount my system eats basically lve noticed when booting that svchost eats my ram on my laptop it pretty much uses of the ram l tend to average at usage of the GB on my PC which has GB until l can afford larger matched sticks ends up using close to using around the same percentage and l notice that it tends to be around when windows update runs on start up or is executed manually lve noticed a few others experiencing the issue as well quite recently on random less technical forums so l was kinda curious if this was a wide spread thing tho at this second lm not overly bothered with the annoyance mainly because if l leave the system a few mins after boot the usage goes back to the levels l usually see that said lm pretty sure this is a recent thing however because of my recent reinstall its hard to pin down to specific updates as update/svchost recent usage about windows with weirdness curious ram a curious about recent weirdness with windows update/svchost ram usage cause if l had not noticed that the curious about recent weirdness with windows update/svchost ram usage ram was being freed it would bother me more

A:curious about recent weirdness with windows update/svchost ram usage

Had the same issue myself. I believe that in my case it was caused by the latest round of windows updates that amongst other things replaced tons of important system files to fix the Freak Vulnerability. I keep disabled IE by means of a registry hack and also keep system restore disabled. Both of these settings seem to have affected windows updates installation this time round.

I did manage to fix it though. High RAM usage by svchost after windows updates usually indicates a problem with internet explorer.

What I did was roll back my system to before the updates were installed and then fixed things.

If you can't roll back your system then it might be worth trying the following but if you use Internet Explorer as your main browser let us know before going ahead.

Contol Panel > Intenet Options > Advanced > Reset > OK

Reboot.

Run IE 64bit. Show the menu bar then Tools > Intenet Options > Advanced > Reset > OK

Close IE then run Run IE 32bit. Show the menu bar then Tools > Intenet Options > Advanced > Reset > OK

Reboot.

Check for Windows Updates.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/365977-curious-about-recent-weirdness-windows-update-svchost-ram-usage.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello working on A Dell Inspiron 570 Desktop and All was well until I try to install windows updates.. It crashes with the Error *** STOP:0x0000003B (0x00000000c0000005, 0xFFFFF80002BA8614, 0xFFFFF88004E2BFA0, 0X0000000000000000) any thoughts? THANKS in advance..

Relevancy 54.18%

Windows Fresh install results in slow internet speeds Safe mode works A week ago I upgraded my XP gaming box to a new video card gForce new RAM I also bought windows and did a fresh install I formatted the drive that had xp on Safe install works. slow results speeds. Fresh in internet Windows 7 Solved: mode it and installed windows As soon as windows was loaded I noticed the network slowness because it took Solved: Windows 7 Fresh install results in slow internet speeds. Safe mode works. forever to download the updates I thought it was the fact that I hadn t installed the NIC drivers so I UPDATED THE NIC DRIVERS to the latest version When that didn t fix it I went in search for the cure I googled and found people having similar problems and did everything anyone suggested Here is a short Solved: Windows 7 Fresh install results in slow internet speeds. Safe mode works. list turned off auto-tuning turned off IPv turned off homegroup reinstalled drivers uninstalled drivers to get windows default drivers disabled many services to many to really list out turned off Windows defender and windows firewall Nothing worked Finally I tried booting into safe mode with network IT WORKED The download speeds are normal in safemode So since it works in safe mode I am led to believe that it is a windows service that is causing the problem So I Solved: Windows 7 Fresh install results in slow internet speeds. Safe mode works. play with disabling services that I think could be related and there is no change Finally I break down and decide that I will disable every services that isn t running after booting into safe mode and then I will add services back one by one until I find out that is killing my speed I do so but when I boot out of safe mode I still have slow speeds I start killing services and there aren t many I can actually stop and still nothing I conclude that it isn t actually a service after all I am obviously at a loss here What makes it work in safe mode and not in regular mode In some forums I read that a few people reinstalled windows and it fixed itself like windows often does I left it as my last resort and tried it this morning Obviously it didn t magically fix it This is my new video card http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E This is my motherboard http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Here is a link to a screen of my download test Which I think is funny because my upload is way higher than my download when usually it is of my download speed http imgur com dDp B Details of speed loss When I download in safe mode or on any other machine in the house XP OSx etc I get kb s When I download not in safe mode it is kb s Dial-up speeds If anyone can help I would really appreciate it nbsp

A:Solved: Windows 7 Fresh install results in slow internet speeds. Safe mode works.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-fresh-install-results-in-slow-internet-speeds-safe-mode-works.975115/
Relevancy 54.18%

So I shut down my computer and noticed it was taking abnormally long so I push the quick-restart button on my PC It restarts "Starting and at to long, random Windows" load programs unable too Stuck for just fine but stays on the boot screen for a bit long Stuck at "Starting Windows" for too long, and unable to load random programs and then proceeds to get quot stuck quot at the quot Starting Windows quot screen for about a minute From there Windows loads just fine and I can access a majority of my usual programs Firefox avast etc without any errors However when I try to load Stuck at "Starting Windows" for too long, and unable to load random programs very few programs iTunes Malwarebytes etc they don't load at all despite appearing in the Processes section of the Task Manager Also when I try to unpin a program from the taskbar the program's icon remains but I can no longer quot unpin quot it from the taskbar These are all of the errors I've experienced and here's what I've tried thus far System Restoring Tried it twice to before I installed a Windows Update and before I installed a graphics driver update Neither changed anything Disabling all non-Microsoft startup services System File Checker no errors found avast full scan no threats found Windows Repair thing at startup - didn't get past the loading bar Any help whatsoever would be appreciated Thank you Troy

A:Stuck at "Starting Windows" for too long, and unable to load random programs

You should never use the reset/restart button on your case unless you need to. Otherwise this happens...

Please preform a hard drive test using this guide here:

How to perform a Seagate's Seatools Test | Tech Support Forum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/stuck-at-starting-windows-for-too-long-and-unable-to-load-random-programs-860273.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello and good day to everyone on the Forum I can't Error XP install of and I 0x8024400A fresh update: access windows I Windows a did was hoping I could get some help with regards to my HP Pavilion Media Center Desktop I recently had to perform a clean fresh install of Windows XP using the system recovery disks that came with my computer Once everything has been re-installed my computer is equipped with Windows XP Media Center Edition and Internet Explorer with Service Pack The I did a fresh install of Windows XP and I can't access windows update: Error 0x8024400A problem I m having is once I go into Windows Update to re-install all the necessary updates I did a fresh install of Windows XP and I can't access windows update: Error 0x8024400A I receive the message The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view - Error Number x A No updates are shown or given to me Also not sure if it helps but my recovery disks come with Norton Internet Security which is outdated So I m not sure if this is causing some kind of conflict Or maybe I m doing something wrong when I m performing the clean fresh install of Windows XP Any help would be greatly appreciated Also please keep in mind that my computer skills are average at best Thanking everyone in advance for their time and patience

A:I did a fresh install of Windows XP and I can't access windows update: Error 0x8024400A

Check to make sure the clock and date are set right first. Windows Update doesn't like messed up times.Otherwise use UVK and go to system repair, and repair windows update. Very useful tool I use all the time with the computers I see.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/473156/i-did-a-fresh-install-of-windows-xp-and-i-cant-access-windows-update-error-0x8024400a/
Relevancy 53.75%

I built up a new PC before Christmas. These were the components:

Asus P8Z77-V Motherboard
Intel i5 3570K 3.4GHz
2 x G-Skill 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz
PowerColor HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 Dual DVI HDMI PCI-E Graphics Card
OCZ 120GB Agility 3 SSD

Not really used it that much and have had random crashes since built. Today, I decided to start afresh and reformatted the C drive and re-installed Windows. Although the OS installed without a hitch, at various times throughout the Windows Update process, the machine would crash a BSOD would appear.

I have attached the files as requested.

Can anyone advise me on what is the best approach to resolving this issue?

Cheers

Darren

A:Windows 7 - Fresh Install BSOD whilst applying windows updates

Hello DarrenF.

Four crashes, four different stopcodes.

Code:
BugCheck 34, {50853, fffff8800317e738, fffff8800317df90, fffff80002cd1eee}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ExAcquireResourceSharedLite+4e )

---------
BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff80002c8e284, 0, ffffffffffffffff}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!SwapContext_PatchXRstor+0 )

---------
BugCheck 1A, {31, fffffa800ef4fac0, fffff8800e0ed000, fffff8a00a7584e0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::NNGAKEGL::`string'+7271 )

---------
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff960000f6b32, fffff8800785ffa0, 0}

Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!FreeObject+12 )

---------
Whereas ntkrnlmp.exe and win32k.sys, none of them cannot be the real probable cause of a crash. Do these tests, one by one.

Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes, preferably overnight.

Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Stress test the CPU.
Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95

Enable Driver Verifier to monitor the drivers.
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
Run Driver Verifier for 24 hours or the occurrence of the next crash, whichever is earlier.

Let us know the results, with the subsequent crash dumps, if any.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/273552-windows-7-fresh-install-bsod-whilst-applying-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 53.75%

It has been very frustrating to rebuilding a Windows 7 desktops last year or so.  After the installation of Windows7 Home or Pro SP1 disks click on Check Updates and it could run for 2 days before it lists the 240 updates to install.  Anyway
to speed this up?  I know Microsoft wants us to use Windows 10 but some businesses and older home hardware have to have Windows 7.  I wish and hope this torcher will stop soon and Microsoft comes up with a fix.  Any help is appreciated!!! 
Thanks!!!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/eaecce94-6361-4e32-b8e8-fce39fe459f0/windows-update-checking-forever-on-windows-7-after-a-fresh-install-last-year-or-so?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi everyone,

I would just like to know if the file:

@edptoastimage.png in C:\Windows\System32

Is part of Windows 10 or not?

Also what of the folder: C:\Windows\System32\RasToast ?

Thanks in advance.

A:Suspicious files in Windows Directory - Windows 10 Fresh Install

Yes, I also have that file and that folder. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607589/suspicious-files-in-windows-directory-windows-10-fresh-install/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello all My computer recently caught a virus and I had to reformat my computer I have reformatted this machine before without a single problem First problems appeared after the initial re-format and install Installing various games Fresh problems install, other updates and windows windows 7 fails and drivers would wind up alerting me that various dll files were missing After following a step guide to troubleshoot these errors nothing worked and the Fresh windows 7 install, windows updates fails and other problems final step was to conduct another fresh install of windows I was also considering that maybe my hard drive was going bad so I did a fresh install on my second hard drive and the same problems occurred I did however manage to get one of the installs to remain relatively stable but it still has the same problems And finally I purchased a brand new SSD samsung series and did a new fresh install to it Everything seemed to go fine until I began running Fresh windows 7 install, windows updates fails and other problems windows updates after getting Security essentials installed and my video drivers Windows updates got hung up on the on screen in application install screen in the middle of approximately updates I then clicked the stop installation button and nothing happened The updates screen would not change I left it alone for awhile and came back Still nothing I then told the computer to restart It then proceeded to hang on the shutdown screen i let this remain overnight hoping it would shut down It did Fresh windows 7 install, windows updates fails and other problems not I was forced to hard reset the system and now the same issue is happening after installing microsofts fix it app that supposedly fixed issues that would cause these problems Can anyone help or point me in the right direction on what to do about this EDIT Windows update screen just completed or cancelled the install and did not move on to remaining updates Will attempt restart

A:Fresh windows 7 install, windows updates fails and other problems

Work through these Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

If you didn't follow the Best Practices for Clean Reinstall after resetting BIOS to defaults, setting SATA controller to AHCI, unplugging all other HD's and peripherals.

Drivers are handled differently in Win7 than before so make sure to read and understand that part. If you changed out any from what Win7 wants then I would do it over. If you're running with the installer chipset then you can try the one from the Support Downloads webpage for your model PC or mobo.

As you work through the Troubleshooting steps post back results as there may be other steps suggested.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/249988-fresh-windows-7-install-windows-updates-fails-other-problems.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey, I'm installing windows XP onto a 500 g SATA hard disk that I just installed into a Dell Dimension 9100.

I have an .iso file that I need to place onto a DVD to serve as the OS boot disc. My DVD-R is in my Mac. So i need to burn this .iso file on the mac but have it boot the PC..

What is the proper file extension for the dvd file? is there anything I need to do that I'm missing?

A:Fresh Windows XP Install on a Fresh Hard Drive using a Burned DVD OS install - PLZ HL

http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20060619181010389

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fresh-windows-xp-install-on-a-fresh-hard-drive-using-a-burned-dvd-os-install-plz-hl.956512/
Relevancy 52.89%

Well so I was playing a game called Red Orchestra and then all of sudden the game frozen and there were these blue figures like this but wider all over my screen So I tried doing Ctrl Alt Delete which did not work So I had to restart my computer but the bios and Windows xp loading process wasn't the same as usual Sometimes there where blue or red lines everywhere and sometimes blue or red figure like this almost flashing everywhere The Windows [SOLVED] Windows Xp won't load. load-out was messed up with random letters everywhere more options in the loading screen where available than [SOLVED] Windows Xp won't load. normal Like there multiple options on how to run Windows Xp some of the letters where [SOLVED] Windows Xp won't load. missing words separated then Windows just [SOLVED] Windows Xp won't load. froze after the blue bar was done with the figures I mentioned before Never happened to me before Help is appreciated Thank you in advance My specs Geforce xfx GT mb Intel Duo Core ghz gigs of ram cards Asus P q motherboard gig hard drive tb hard drive Windows Xp sp I know quite a lot about computers but I am baffled by this

A:[SOLVED] Windows Xp won't load.

Boot off of the XP CD Or download the Recovery Console ISO. Burn it to CD with IMGBurn and get to the Recovery Console. Here type chkdsk /R and press enter. The Check Disk utility will try and fix any file errors.
You can also download the ISO image for Drive Fitness Test in my signature and burn the image to a CD using IMGBurn and boot off of the newly created CD and run the short and extended tests on the HDD to test the integrity of the drive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-windows-xp-wont-load-592479.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Greetings;

I'm working on a friends computer, ACER Travelmate. It will not load windows, it goes to the blue screen of death and shuts right off. I don't even have time to read the error message. If I try and start in the safe mode it hangs at \WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\agp440.sys

Any suggestions?

Smitty

Relevancy 52.89%

I recently got my compaq back on the internet. everything was going fine until the windows update automatically started. I though oh cool... It just needs to update files. So I let it go. my computer was running really slow at this time, but i fuigured it was normal. After it was done it said it needs to restart before it takes effect. So I did and the problem is... now I just loads up to the 'Compaq' Screen and does not go anywhere from there. Usually it takes maybe 2-3 seconds and that screen is replaced by the normal booting up process. I'm really bummed and I want to just reformat my HD and start from scratch, however it wont even allow me to go into the restore with my restore CD.

any help would be much appreciated.

Specs: Compaq 256mbr Intel Celeron 1.8ghz

Relevancy 52.89%

hi my computer will not start up i run windows vista homebasic sp earlier today it was running fine then i restarted my pc and it just wouldnt load it would get to the loading bar then after about - secs the up Windows Solved: does load not computer would reboot id get the list to choose from safe mode networking cmd prmpt last known good configuration and normal none of which made a difference the safemode etc would run system files till avgkr thenn reboot itself i tried to run expressrecovery amp i d choose the option backup rather then reboot but i d Solved: Windows does not load up get a error saying not enough hdd available my hdd has gb gb available or around that i d rather not re-install windows and everything i have cause there is so much on my hd that i need and dont have backup of s e g movies games and programs that i no longer have the required infomation storeed of amp stuff for school obviously im not on the pc atm im on my laptop any help would be greatly appreciated thx Teejay nbsp