Windows Support Forum

hp nc6400 wont go to standby

Q: hp nc6400 wont go to standby

ok so i just reloaded windows on my nc6400 hp laptop, i had to download the internet and sound driver, i realized that when i close my laptop it doesnt go to standby so i went to the desktop right clicked, properties, then to the screen saver, then power then i clicked advanced tab and when i clicked the when i close the lid of my computer the only option is do nothing.

sorry this is my first time using this forum please tell me if this is in the wrong spot i will move

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: hp nc6400 wont go to standby

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: hp nc6400 wont go to standby

Hello, jwags1995, welcome to TSF.

Could you upload a screenshot of the menu?

Cheers

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hp-nc6400-wont-go-to-standby-599971.html
Relevancy 52.03%

My laptop wont go out of standy when I use my keyboard or mousepad. I need to restart my laptop. It did work fine before.  Not sure this is the right section to ask either as I cant find mine.. Its an f5- 572g

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Wont-go-out-of-standby/td-p/451864
Relevancy 52.03%

My laptop wont go out of standy when I use my keyboard or mousepad. I need to restart my laptop. It did work fine before.  Not sure this is the right section to ask either as I cant find mine.. Its an f5- 572g

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Wont-go-out-of-standby/td-p/451864
Relevancy 51.6%

My laptop wont go into standby/sleep all of a sudden. I click the button, screen goes black, sound turns off but all the lights stay on and dont go into that "blinking" status as it used to. Even the HP logo on the outside is still it up when it used to turn off when going into Sleep/Standby.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this? I have no active programs running, just on the desktop, with no HDD access occurring. Any ideas on how to fix this issue or will it just go away?

A:Wont go into Standby/Sleep

Anyone have any suggestions on this?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/240848-wont-go-into-standby-sleep.html
Relevancy 51.6%

It gets annoyin when u have to keep turning the comp on/off in a relatively short amount time. Anyway my comp will no longer go into standby. This happened to me once and i restored (xp) back to a previous date. It worked fine then. But now its happening again about 3 weeks later (now). I even completely reformated my comp cuz i had other issues i still have to resolve http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic37170.html. I read somewhere that maybe a virus might not be letting me standby/hibernate (never tried) but i fully schecked my hdd with norton antivirus 2005 and ms antispyware beta 1. No results. I dont understand that even with default windows system configs it wont standby. The first day i reformated it didnt even work so its not like i installed somthing that might not let it standby.

specs are in the above posted link

thank you for any help, much appreciated.

A:Computer wont go into standby

i fixed my other prob but can someone plz respond to my question above? thx

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-wont-go-into-standby.37697/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a PC with winxp pro acting as a server. All that is connected is power and Ethernet... Everything is managed remotely. Unfortunately it will not go into standby or hibernate. I have tried everything from scripts and programs to put the pc in hibernate or standby but nothing works. I found that if connect a mouse or keyboard to the pc it will go into hibernate/standby just fine. Can this be fixed

A:xp pro wont hibernate/standby

Are the 'allow this device to bring the computer out of standby' boxes checked?

Perhaps, if they are, they should be unchecked.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-pro-wont-hibernate-standby-422549.html
Relevancy 51.6%

whenever the system goes to standby on its own or by my choice, it wont resume, i have to force a restart by pressing the power on button

A:wont resume after standby

A start, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907477.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/265644/wont-resume-after-standby/
Relevancy 51.6%

My machine doesn't seem to want to stay in stand by. It wakws itself up after a minute or so. I hate to turn it off. I have a Microsoft optical mouse but even if I turn it upside down it wakes up.???

Relevancy 51.6%

hi there i have had my xp sp3 going into standby after 15 mins inactivaty, used to work fine now it doesnt any ideas cheers delmec

A:win xp wont standby after 15 mins

Go into Power Options in the Control Panel and check the settings.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Your computer would run better and have less problems if you turned off the power management and hibernation settings.

----------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-wont-standby-after-15-mins.746579/
Relevancy 50.74%

ok i just recently posted on here and standby wont out frozen of now 100% boot had goten my problem solved it was something wrong with my video card so i got a new one and it had seemed the problem was fixed well if its not one thing its another which is really frustrating Last night i put my computer on standby and it stayed that way for a little bit and i accidently hit the frozen out of standby now wont boot 100% mouse and took it out of standby and it froze frozen out of standby now wont boot 100% at the user accounts page oye vay here we go agian so of course i restarted and rebooted the computer as anyone would do and it brought me to the screen were i get to choose wether or not to start in safe mode or start windows normally so i start windows normally and it it gets to the desktop and the screen goes blank i restart and no video so i took the video card out-- may i remind you its brand new right out of the box-- and use the onboard video on the motherboard and its still doing this i think it could maybe be one bad capacitor on the motherboard or possibly a software issue with one of the drivers used for the installation of the card i just put in some please help AGIAN nbsp

A:frozen out of standby now wont boot 100%

Using the Onboard video card can you get into safemode by tapping F8 immediately on startup and choosing Safemode

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/frozen-out-of-standby-now-wont-boot-100.897476/
Relevancy 50.74%

My laptop wont hibernate or standby I have seen this problem on the forums i think it has something to do with WinFixer Anyway i Hibernate Wont Computer or Standby have the Hijack This log If anyone can help thanks in advance Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP Computer Wont Hibernate or Standby SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Computer Wont Hibernate or Standby Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DragToDisc DrgToDsc exe Computer Wont Hibernate or Standby C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator AudioCentral RxMon exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxbvbmgr exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxbvbmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C PROGRA aim aim exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator AudioCentral Playlist exe C Program Files BigFix BigFix exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS acsd exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C WINDOWS System wltrysvc exe C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C Documents and Settings LFB My Documents hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www emachines com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www emachines com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www emachines com R - URLSearchHook no name - EA - - DB- F -D CA FB C D - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO MSEvents Object - A C -B A - EC-B C- CE CA ECC A - C WINDOWS system pmkhe dll O - BHO AOL Toolbar Launcher - C - CB - A -B F - EA C F - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar AOL Toolbar - DE C F- - A - B-AA ED D - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run RoxioEngineUtility quot C Program Files Common Fil... Read more

A:Computer Wont Hibernate or Standby

Hi LFB2k

Welcome to TSG!

** Before you proceed with the removal directions below you need to turn off MS Anti-Spyware's realtime protection as it will interfere with the changes we are trying to make.
Open MS Anti-Spyware and click on Options > Settings.
Click on "Realtime Protection" in the left pane.
Remove the check by these:
Enable the Microsoft Security Agents on startup (recommended)
Enable real-time spyware threat protection (recommended)

Click "Save"
Now right click the MS Anti-spyware icon in your system tray and choose "Shutdown Microsoft Anti-Spyware"
Leave it disabled until we are finished here.
* Copy these instructions to notepad and save them to your desktop. You will need them to refer to.
* Click here to download Please download VundoFix.exe.
Save the VundoFix.exe file to your desktop.
Double-click VundoFix.exe to extract the files.
This will create a VundoFix folder on your desktop.
After the files are extracted, please reboot your computer into Safe Mode. You can do this by restarting your computer and continually tapping the F8 key until a menu appears. Use your up arrow key to highlight Safe Mode then hit enter.
Once in safe mode open the VundoFix folder and doubleclick on KillVundo.bat
You will first be presented with a warning that should look like this
VundoFix V2.13 by Atri
By using VundoFix you agree that you are doing so at your own risk
Press enter to continue....

At this point press the Enter key on your keyboard one time.

Next you will see:
Please Type in the filepath as instructed by the forum staff
and then press enter:Click to expand...
At this point please type the following file path (make sure to enter it exactly as below!):
C:\WINDOWS\system32\pmkhe.dll

Press Enter to continue with the fix.
Next you will see:
Please type in the second filepath as instructed by the forum
staff then press enter:Click to expand...
At this point please type the following file path (make sure to enter it exactly as below!):
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ehkmp.*

Press Enter to continue with the fix.
If you have a script blocker running, you may get a warning about a malicious script. Allow the script to run. It is not malicious.
The fix will run then HijackThis will open, if it does not open automatically please open it manually.
In HiJackThis, please place a check next to the following items and click FIX CHECKED:
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - _{EA756889-2338-43DB-8F07-D1CA6FB9C90D} - (no file)

[*]O2 - BHO: (no name) - {549B5CA7-4A86-11D7-A4DF-000874180BB3} - (no file)

[*]O2 - BHO: MSEvents Object - {79A576C4-B7A9-47EC-B57C-2CE5CA6ECC6A} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\pmkhe.dll

[*]O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC} - (no file)
[*]O20 - Winlogon Notify: pmkhe - C:\WINDOWS\system32\pmkhe.dll
After you have fixed these items, close Hijackthis.
Press enter to exit the program then manually reboot your computer.
Once your machine reboots please continue with the instructions below.

*Download Cleanup from Here

Open Cleanup! by double-clicking the icon on your desktop (or from the Start > All Programs menu).
Click the Options... button on the right.
Move the arrow down to "Custom CleanUp!"
Put a check next to the following (Make sure nothing else is checked!):
Empty Recycle Bins
Delete Cookies
Cleanup! All Users
Click OK
Press the CleanUp! button to start the program.
It may ask you to reboot at the end, click NO.

* Run ActiveScan online virus scan here

When the scan is finished, anything that it cannot clean have it delete it.
Save the results from the scan!
Copy the results of the ActiveScan and paste them here along with a new HiJackThis log and the vundofix.txt file from the vundofix folder into this topic.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wont-hibernate-or-standby.415867/
Relevancy 50.74%

Gateway GM5072

Vista Home Premium, installed 2 weeks back. From the keyboard I put the system in standby mode. The next day I could not get the system to come up. Held the power button down and shut the tower off. When I try to power the tower up the fans come on, the "power indicator" light comes on, USB's power up. The lights on the keyboard do not light up. The power button does not light blue like it once did.

I removed power from the tower, help the power button down, then re-powered. No change.

Ideas?

A:Desktop wont boot after standby

Has there been any recent hard ware changes? And what is your system model and manufacture

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/299934-desktop-wont-boot-after-standby.html
Relevancy 50.74%

My computer when put into standby or let go into standby has trouble coming out of it This only recently happened It worked fine a week ago Sometimes it will come out of it and somtimes it wont Sometimes when i press the button it auto restarts It seems if i put it to sleep then wait a few then press the button it works fine but if I wait a long time it wont What happens when it wont The fans power up the keyboard blinks on for a second and then turns off the hard drive light comes on and stays solid for about sec then turns off completely with no blinks and the moniter stays in sleep mode If it stays that way the mouse and keyboard will stay off I then have to push the reset button I have a ghz pros P ND -SLI MB BFG gtx oc GC gig sata rpm HD WIN XP Sp GB RAM DDR PC - mhz pin unbuff memory I had an error message one time only saying i need to run a ram scan from microsaoft at boot up I did and it found no errors Just dont from up boot Computer wont standby know what it could be

A:Computer wont boot up from standby

Quote:

This only recently happened. It worked fine a week ago.

Did something happen just before ? New Hardware, new Program installed, anything ?

I assume the MS scan it wanted was chkdsk. Was it ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-wont-boot-up-from-standby-119011.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi Im not really good with wont Computer anymore go into standby computers to start off with just so you know I Computer wont go into standby anymore tried erasing a bunch of files that my spyware program said were malicious recently Then I added another spyware program to catch what the first was missing I did all of this because I could not get my computer back into Computer wont go into standby anymore standby It just stopped working out of the blue and I read on some tech forum that it could be from a virus Finally I read a thread telling me to go into the power options then click Computer wont go into standby anymore on a different option such as hibernate or do nothing then click apply and save After doing this it said go back into power options and reselect standby-apply-save and it should work Well it did For a few days Now it has gone back to not going into standby and I have to shut the tower off every time I leave the house I dont know what could have caused it this time if it was from before still or if my husband did something he shouldnt have or what I tried to to the steps above that helped the first time but it isnt helping on bit this time Im trying so hard to keep this computer working well as Im not so great with computers and we cant afford someone to fix it I could really use the help If you have any suggestions I would love to hear them If you could dumb it down to the most basic step by step process I would be so very grateful Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-wont-go-into-standby-anymore-429292.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I've attached a report with my specs. But my computer will not go into standby or hibernate. I've tried all the settings and can't seem to get it to work. Suggestions?

Note: I turned off some services, so that may be contributing to this.

Relevancy 50.74%

After 15mins of idle my computer will go into standby. But it will only stay in standby for about 2 seconds then it starts back up? why?

Relevancy 50.74%

When I press the hibernate or standby button, the computer just exits the shutdown screen and nothing happens at all. However, Logging Off, Restarting, and Shutdown buttons all work fine. I first ran into this problem when I installed Internet Explorer 7, which I downloaded from the website www.oldversion.com. I do not want to uninstall Internet Explorer to try to fix this problem cause I installed it so that my wireless usb drive would connect to the access point and connect to the internet.

A:Windows XP wont hibernate/standby

Hi check power options.
Start>control panel>performance and maintenance>power options>hibernate.
Enable>click Ok to save changes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-wont-hibernate-standby.687741/
Relevancy 50.74%

my laptop started this about a month ago when i shut the lid it wouldn t enter standby like it used to and would turn off the screen and wouldn t come out of it ontil i held the power button and restarted it also when i leave the top open and after or so minutes its supposed to go to standby and now it just blacks the screen and stops responding the same as closing the lid anybody have any ideas here my HJT laptop my enter wont standby log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss my laptop wont enter standby exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx my laptop wont enter standby exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe c my laptop wont enter standby program files common files logitech lvmvfm LVPrcSrv exe C PROGRA COMMON Stardock SDMCP exe E Program Files Stardock Object Desktop WindowBlinds wbload exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System WLTRAY exe C Program Files Launch Manager QtZgAcer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Acer eManager anbmServ exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE E Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Common Files Stardock TrayServer exe C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C Program Files Logitech Video CameraAssistant exe C WINDOWS system ElkCtrl exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe E Program Files CursorXP CursorXP exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe E Program Files Stardock ObjectDock ObjectDock exe C PROGRA WIDCOMM BLUETO BTSTAC EXE E Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Widget Engine YahooWidgetEngine exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe E Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Widget Engine YahooWidgetEngine exe E Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Widget Engine YahooWidgetEngine exe E Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Widget Engine YahooWidgetEngine exe C WINDOWS System wltrysvc exe C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgfwsrv exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe E Program Files firefox exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS SoftwareDistribution Download Install WindowsXP-KB -ENU-x exe d e f dc ae update update exe C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exe C DOCUME Stevo LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO BitComet ClickCapture - F E - A- B A-BCAF- B BFDFEA - E Program Files BitComet tools BitCometBHO dll O - BHO no name - F - FB - B- -E E - C DOCUME Stevo LOCALS Temp DP C dll file missing O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run Broadcom Wireless Manager UI C WINDOWS System WLTRAY O - HKLM Run LManager C Program Files Launch Manager QtZgAcer EXE O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-wont-enter-standby.556160/
Relevancy 50.74%

Well this problem has been happening for so long now i forget when it started. Its simple....i pres either the shut down,standby or restart button and the computer freezes - No error screens, No response. I have too then turn it off from the power switch. Please help me.

A:windows wont shut down/standby

OK one problem fixed itself...it can now standby. It still cant shut down or restart though.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-wont-shut-down-standby.633480/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,Since yesterday my Z60m wont go to standby, and that means when I close lid, press fn-f4, or choose from start menu.In meantime nothing new was installed or uninstalled. I have checked all settings with power related,  install new ver of power manager, and still nothing.Any ideas? Win XP - SP2, all updates on + all updates from Lenovo. 

A:Z60m wont standby or hibernate

Anyone, any thing?Problem is still here. In meantime I had google all the solutions, have installed new ATI drivers but with no success.Few times it can go to standby, but after turning off/on same problem again.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T61-and-prior-T-series/Z60m-wont-standby-or-hibernate/td-p/170624
Relevancy 50.74%

After 15mins of idle my computer will go into standby. But it will only stay in standby for about 2 seconds then it starts back up? why?

A:why wont my computer stay in standby?

Closing thread Duplicate!

Please create only one Thread per problem!

Use........ http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=185313

Dave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-wont-my-computer-stay-in-standby.185312/
Relevancy 50.31%

Dear Colleagues, I trust this finds you blessed in everyway. I need a new LCD for my wonderful nc6400 notebook. Just added RAM and would like to keep this little gem up and running as healthy as possible. Connected via S-video cable to my Sony Bravia TV the computah works perfectly. I know there are some on eBay, but I'm looking for someone that might be more reliable of a "seller" or another source all together.Any help or sugggestions greatly appreciated!!! Blessing's from Vermont. Sincerely,Raffaele

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Need-A-NEW-LCD-FOR-MY-HP-nc6400/td-p/5633885
Relevancy 50.31%

please could any body help.instead of switching off,i want to put it in standby so i can come back to it.it trys then reboots.all is working.just not standby.just seams not to like it.the message what i get from windows says my graffics card running to high or my driver for it.i did change the graffics card to a higher 1.but i am sure that this happened b4 i installed it,but cant be sure.any help would be greatful.thanks .

Relevancy 50.31%

I have a stay standby mode wont in Laptop toshiba satellite A with XP OS When I close my laptop it usually goes in standby mode Lately it does for a few seconds then wakes up Also - when wanted pop up windows come up when I am done with them they wont close out THANK YOU Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis Laptop wont stay in standby mode v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files CA SharedComponents HIPSEngine UmxCfg exe C Program Files CA SharedComponents HIPSEngine UmxFwHlp exe C Program Files CA SharedComponents HIPSEngine UmxPol exe C Program Files CA SharedComponents HIPSEngine UmxAgent exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Anti-Virus ISafe exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C Program Files CA SharedComponents PPRT bin ITMRTSVC exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PifSvc exe C Program Files Pure Networks Network Magic nmsrvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe c TOSHIBA IVP swupdate swupdtmr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Applet TAPPSRV exe C Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Anti-Virus VetMsg exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Personal Firewall capfsem exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exe C WINDOWS system TDispVol exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Toshiba Toshiba Applet thotkey exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP Toshiba exe C Program Files Toshiba Tvs TvsTray exe C WINDOWS system TPSMain exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe C WINDOWS system TPSBattM exe C WINDOWS system dla DLACTRLW exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Pure Networks Network Magic nmapp exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x WrtMon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA MYWEBS bar bin mwsoemon exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x WrtProc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PifSvc exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files WinZip E-Mail Companion loadwzco exe C Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite cctray cctray exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Anti-Spam QSP- QOELoader exe C Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Anti-Virus CAVRID exe C Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Anti-Spyware CAPPActiveProtection exe C Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Personal Firewall capfasem exe C Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Anti-Spyware PPCtlPriv exe C Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite ccprovsp exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Pr... Read more

Relevancy 50.31%

When i leave my computer on and it switches to standby mode after i left it for a while it wont turn back on the fans are off and wont switch on and the power led just blinks and the only way i can get it to resume is to switch off the power supply and turn it back on

help would be appreciated, thanks

A:after standby mode my computer wont turn on

Have you pressed the power switch in the Front of the Case? Then go into Control Panel/Power Options/Choose what the Power Buttons do on the left side.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/after-standby-mode-my-computer-wont-turn-on-602758.html
Relevancy 50.31%

When ever i try to Standby on my computer i get this error message:

The device for the 'NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT' device is preventing the machine from entering standby. Please close all applications and try again. If the problem persists, you may need to update this driverClick to expand...

Now i have two Gainward 6600 GTs runnig in SLI, i have a asus mobo and xp media center.

I have the latest version of the driver, so whats up...?

I cant uninstall the driver, obviously, but i need standby to use media centers self power on tv recording, as it doesnt work from Shut down as far as i know.

Please help!

Thanks,
Mitch

A:NVIDA GeForce 6600 GT Wont let me standby :(

Uninstall the driver(s) and try an earlier version.

The problem could be that Standby modes are usually less than reliable on desktop hardware, it was not really designed for it and does not always comply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvida-geforce-6600-gt-wont-let-me-standby.357464/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi,

I just installed a new wireless network card in my laptop and it all works great -

EXCEPT if I put it in standby. It goes in no problem, but when I try to turn it on again the lights start up but the screen stays black and I don't think the computer boots at all or anything.

I have a Toshiba satellite running XP
the new card is tp-link tl-wn861n mini-pci

Thanks for your help!

Relevancy 50.31%

Hi all am new here so would first like to say hello to all here.

I have a problem whenever i switch on my PC the monitor wont start up it stays constantly in standy (green light flashing but wont fire up). I have tried the monitor on my laptop and it is working fine, so then thought it could be the graphics card have installed a new one today and still the same problem monitor wont start. Please if anyone could help it would be much apprciated as i am running out of ideas now and have already purchased one graphics card that was not needed so dont want to waste more money on components that wont solve this.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help with this

Matty B

A:Monitor Wont Start Up Stuck In StandBy

does your video card have its own power cable? if it doesnt disconnect any other hard ware such as sound cards, ipods, hardware that drains poweer. also make sure your power supply can handle all that hardware

also double check its CORRECTLY connected to the right output

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-wont-start-up-stuck-in-standby.45132/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi Standby Stay Or In Xp Hibernation Pro Wont Windows My new Toshiba Satellite laptop goes into Standby Hibernation mode OK but won't stay there - it comes out in a few seconds I have seen this problem on another forum with a solution to delete a specific dll Windows Xp Pro Wont Stay In Standby Or Hibernation but how to tell which one I have run CCleaner SpyBot S amp D and RogueRemover while in 'Safe' mode My HiJackThis log follows Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at p m on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program Files O Micro Flash Memory Card Driver o flash exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system TODDSrv exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtSrv exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe C Program Files Toshiba Windows Utilities Hotkey exe C WINDOWS system TPSMain exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Direct Disc Writer ddwmon exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C WINDOWS system igfxext exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Controls VolumeIndicator exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE C WINDOWS system TPSBattM exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C PROGRA MIC Office OUTLOOK EXE C Downloads HiJackThis HijackThis exe O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run SmoothView C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe O - HKLM Run Toshiba Hotkey Utility quot C Program Files Toshiba Windows Utilities Hotkey exe quot lang en O - HKLM Run TPSMain TPSMain exe O - HKLM Run DDWMon C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Direct Disc Writer ddwmon exe O - HKLM Run NDSTray exe NDSTray exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run ITSecMng ProgramFiles TOSHIBA Bluetooth Toshiba Stack ItSecMng exe START O - HKLM Run Camera Assistant Software quot C Program Files Camera Assistant Software for Toshiba traybar exe quot start O - HKLM Run Toshiba Controls Utility quot C Program Files TOSHIBA Controls VolumeIndicator exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKCU Run TOSCDSPD C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe O - Global Startup Office Startup lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Protocol linkscanner - F C- F - D -A D -FBDDE F D - C Progr... Read more

A:Windows Xp Pro Wont Stay In Standby Or Hibernation

HelloWelcome to Bleeping Computer Sorry about the delay. If you still need help, I would suggest you post your problem in the Windows OS forum. Good news is I don't see any malware in your log, so they would be better equipped over there to deal with your problem. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/56/windows-xp-home-and-professional/Regards,tea

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/168653/windows-xp-pro-wont-stay-in-standby-or-hibernation/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello all,

I recently picked up a hp-compaq model #nc6400 laptop from a guy. He said it started having a problems and he "formatted" the hard drive using disk sanitizer in BIOS. It had no OS on it when I got it, had NLTDR not found error. I'm attempting to install WinXP on the system. It copies all the files and restarts, and begins installing, only to BSOD during installation with a watchdog.sys error.

From what i've read, this is related to drivers. I've located the relevant drivers for this sytem, but what I don't know how to do is to get them onto the system, seeing as I can't even boot into safe mode. Is it possible to slipstream these into a bootable WinXP install disc?
Thanks to anyone who took the time to help me out!

A:Help with HP-Compaq nc6400

Have you tried formatting with the Windows CD before you install, ie. deleting the partitions and creating a new one?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-hp-compaq-nc6400.1051493/
Relevancy 49.88%

I recently restarted my computer to install a number of windows standby windows update on of reboot wont after Monitor come out updates up until then it was running Monitor wont come out of standby on reboot after windows update fine On restart my monitor wouldn t come out of standby and basically wasn t displaying anything The computer was running all the fans etc were spinning and I could hear it booting itself up just nothing on the monitor Monitor wont come out of standby on reboot after windows update I though it might be my graphics card Nvidia GTS so I took it out and replaced it with another older card not sure of the model of that card After doing this it booted up fine so I assumed that my Nvidia card was broken but just to double check Monitor wont come out of standby on reboot after windows update I put it in an old computer and it worked fine in there leading me to believe that something on the windows updates I installed from the last week or so has caused a problem with my graphics card I can t install the drivers again for the graphics card as it only lets me when the graphics card is fitted inside the computer and obviously I cant get to my windows desktop with it fitted to install the drivers I ve read it could be a BIOS issue is this possible I ve tried a system restore and reverted back to before the updates but then when I restart my computer it just installs them again I ve disabled the download of updates from my computer but they must still be on the computer even after the system restore and it must just install them when I restart from the restore is there anyway to delete updates from my computer and not have them install I m running Windows Home bit

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/monitor-wont-come-out-of-standby-on-reboot-after-windows-update-461062.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a toshiba satellite A105 with XP OS.
When I close my laptop it does not stay in standby mode. The audio and video also have this studdering problem.

I have realtek hi-def audio driver version - 5.10.0.5200, diretX version 9.0c (4.09.000.0904). I tried to update the drivers from the device manager and it said there were no better drivers available. Am I suppose to update the motherboard? If so, how do I do that?
It is free of all malware.
This is what has been done so far:
http://forums.techguy.org/malware-r...s/797289-laptop-wont-stay-standby-mode-2.html

Thanks!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-studdering-and-laptop-wont-stay-in-standby.810219/
Relevancy 49.45%

Dear Friends, I'm nearly certain the LCD is gone bad... The screen lites and there are a bunch of colored hairlines (about an inch and half wide total) running from top to bottom on the left side of the screen only. The rest of the screen is a lite gray color. What do you feeling is going on and where can I obtain a good healthy screen or possibly a parts machine with a known "good" screen? I have looked a little on eBay, but nothing thrilling. The screens alone are more than  some of the entire computers. Any thoughts, suggestions, options will be very welcomed.... It has been great little computer overall, but i need to be careful and use my $$$ wisely.  God Bless...Sincerely, Raphael

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Replacement-screen-for-nc6400/td-p/5615277
Relevancy 49.45%

Dear Friends hope this finds Sluggish Laptop HP nc6400 you well I have an older but pretty reliable HP nc laptop I m not sure of reasons behind all this The best it has ever operated was after a fresh install of Vista which took a Sluggish HP nc6400 Laptop considerable amount of time More recently over time it seems to quot hang quot more and is slower at just about everything At Startup from Msconfig I only have the AV running I do regular maintenance along with MWBytes Defrag s etc I know AOL webmail and AOL software is quite bloated but i do use it and like it overall After booting the computer and logon to AOL webmail it hangs there for about a minute as one example I do use AdBlock but even if I disable that it still hangs My question s would be along the lines of how can I speed things up a bit maybe tweak things a bit Or am I just asking too much of this laptop I d really appreciate any help or suggestions you fine folks may have in this regard short of another installation of Vista Thank You Sincerely Raffaele Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic Service Pack bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R GM Express Chipset Controller Microsoft Corporation - WDDM Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard AD Antivirus Avira Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sluggish-hp-nc6400-laptop.1149184/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello,

Not sure if this belongs here or in the Network & Sharing forum.

I have a nc6400 laptop where the nic card stays lit all the time, even when the computer has been shut off. I've had Sony and Dell notebooks that have never exhibited this behavior before.

Is there a setting I can go to turn it off?

Thanks.

A:HP nc6400 nic stays lit all the time

this means the network card supports WOL. Wake On LAN. you maybe able to turn this feature off if bios, however by just unplugging the cable or turning off the router should work....lol.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/139773-hp-nc6400-nic-stays-lit-all-time.html
Relevancy 49.02%

System info Windows XP Pro Version Sp Intel Core Quad CPU Q Ghz Gb of RAM Physical Address Extension Gb installed Nvidia GeForce GT Mb Whenever I start or stop my desktop computer I always use standby instead of shutdown or restart I have noticed lately that once every - weeks when I wake my computer up from standby the computers graphic card fails to send a signal to the monitor When this happens I have to do a hardware restart to get it working again Once restarted xp wants to send an error report with the following information Error Message STOP x EA THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER Q Once the error report is sent the browser pops up with this information from microsoft SYMPTOMS You receive one of the following Stop error messages in Windows XP STOP x You receive one of the following Stop error messages in Windows XP STOP x EA THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER STOP x EA THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER M Back to the top CAUSE This issue occurs if the graphics adapter is send XP to when woken monitor occasionally wont up from standby signal caught in an infinite loop while it This issue XP occasionally wont send signal to monitor when woken up from standby occurs if the graphics adapter is caught in an infinite loop while it waits for the video hardware to become idle This can indicate that there is a problem with the video hardware or that the graphics adapter XP occasionally wont send signal to monitor when woken up from standby cannot program the hardware correctly The Stop error message may also occur in video adapter drivers that do not represent a physical device For example this Stop error message may occur in the virtual video adapter driver that is used by Symantec PCAnywhere If PCAnywhere is installed on a computer where this error message occurs visit the Symantec Web site XP occasionally wont send signal to monitor when woken up from standby to determine whether there are any available fixes for your version of PCAnywhere Back to the top RESOLUTION To correct this issue follow the methods that are described in this section in To correct this issue follow the methods that are described in this section in the order in which they are presented until the issue is resolved The first four methods described in this article are for beginning to intermediate users The final two methods deal with advanced troubleshooting and are designed for advanced users You may find it easier to follow the steps if you print this article first Method Use the Windows Error Reporting tool Use the Windows Error Reporting Tool to send the error to Microsoft and determine of a fix or workaround is available To do this follow these steps Click Send Error Report when you are prompted to send the error report to Microsoft If a fix or a workaround is available click More Information This helps you obtain the fix or information about how to work around the issue If this method worked you are finished If you continue to receive the stop error message go to method Method Install the latest driver for your video adapter To detect and to install the latest driver for your video adapter in Windows XP visit the following Microsoft Web site http windowsupdate microsoft com http windowsupdate microsoft com If this method worked you are finished If you continue to receive the stop error message go to method Method Contact the video card manufacturer to obtain and install the latest driver The driver is software that enables videos to be viewed on your computer See the documentation that was included with your computer to determine the manufacturer for your video card Then use the links in the following list to find the contact information for your video card manufacturer in order to obtain and install the latest driver For information about how to contact the manufacturer click the appropriate article number in the following list to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base http support microsoft com kb Hardware and software vendor contact information A-K ht... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-occasionally-wont-send-signal-to-monitor-when-woken-up-from-standby-338755.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have an HP desktop. I accidentally hit the standby button on the keyboard. It started to put my computer into standby but seems to have completely powered it down. I couldn't turn it back on at all. I've tried hitting the power button and unplugging the computer. Nothing works. There is a green light near the power cord in the back blinking and that's it. I've tried unplugging all peripherals before plugging the power back in. I've also tried unplugging it and pressing the power button a few times before plugging it back in. I just can't get it to turn back on.

Relevancy 49.02%

Hello My computer contracted the Vendo Virus in memory, Wont Using standby IE amount of Huge Vendo Virus, August I had several popups and Norton Detected it when I did a scan I ran Norton's Fix Vendo Tool and the popups stopped and have not been back It has not seemed to turn back up My antivirus scans have been negative However now my internet has been running extremely Vendo Virus, IE Using Huge amount of memory, Wont standby slow ever since and IE is using huge amounts of memory over kb is sluggish and my download speeds have slowed dramatically ecspecially since I have MB broadband Lastly my computer will not stay in stand-by I am not sure if the stand-by problem is related but I dont remember having a problem with it before I have completed the first Vendo Virus, IE Using Huge amount of memory, Wont standby four steps as instructed in the sticky post Here is my Panda Scan followed by The DSS main txt and attached is the DSS extra txt Panda Scan Incident Status Location Adware adware gator Not disinfected c windows GatorPdpLoudInstaller log Adware adware keenvalue Not disinfected c program files BHO Vendo Virus, IE Using Huge amount of memory, Wont standby Spyware Spyware Virtumonde Not disinfected C Deckard System Scanner backup DOCUME HP Owner LOCALS Temp fyctlcnk dll Spyware Spyware Virtumonde Not disinfected C Deckard System Scanner backup DOCUME HP Owner LOCALS Temp wcgakyyg dll Spyware Cookie YieldManager Not disinfected C Documents and Settings HP Owner Cookies hp owner ad yieldmanager txt Spyware Cookie PointRoll Not disinfected C Documents and Settings HP Owner Cookies hp owner ads pointroll txt Spyware Cookie Advertising Not disinfected C Documents and Settings HP Owner Cookies hp owner advertising txt Spyware Cookie Com com Not disinfected C Documents and Settings HP Owner Cookies hp owner com txt Spyware Cookie Hitbox Not disinfected C Documents and Settings HP Owner Cookies hp owner ehg-dig hitbox txt Spyware Cookie Go Not disinfected C Documents and Settings HP Owner Cookies hp owner go txt Spyware Cookie QuestionMarket Not disinfected C Documents and Settings HP Owner Cookies hp owner questionmarket txt Spyware Cookie Server iad Liveperson Not disinfected C Documents and Settings HP Owner Cookies hp owner server iad liveperson txt Potentially unwanted tool Application KillApp B Not disinfected C hp bin KillIt exe DSS Main TXT Deckard's System Scanner v Run by HP Owner on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Configured Turbo Lister - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - Removed Shipping Assistant - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------ Emulating logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at - - Platform Windows XP Service Pack MSIE Internet Explorer Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS system smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system ati evxx exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system hpsysdrv exe C WINDOWS system hphmon... Read more

A:Vendo Virus, IE Using Huge amount of memory, Wont standby

Please download Combofix from HERE or HERE

Save ComboFix to the desktop.

Please copy this page to *Notepad* and save to your desktop for reference as you will not have any browsers open while you are carrying out portions of these instructions.

It's IMPORTANT to carry out the instructions in the sequence listed below.

1. Close any open browsers.

2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Open *notepad* and copy/paste the text in the quotebox below into it:

Quote:

File::
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wvvwa.ini2
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wvvwa.bak2
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wvvwa.bak1
C:\WINDOWS\system32\sqt
C:\WINDOWS\\system32\sqtkuddf.exe

Registry::
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\~\Browser Helper Objects\{991EF04C-93CF-469b-A2BE-CC1B3347566F}]

Save this as CFScript.txt, in the same location as ComboFix.exe which is on the Desktop.

Refering to the picture above, drag CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe

Restart your computer.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you at C:\ComboFix.txt

Please copy and paste the ComboFix.txt along with a fresh HijackThis log in your next reply please.

*Note:
Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall*

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/vendo-virus-ie-using-huge-amount-of-memory-wont-standby-188653.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi guys when I go to start- gt shutdown and select shutdown restart it just doesn t I click Solved: wont shutdown/restart/standby included... Computer HJT log on it and the box goes away as if it is going to shutdown and then it just does nothing - I can continue to use my computer normally Any ideas -------------------------------------------------------------------------- Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe c windows system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS Solved: Computer wont shutdown/restart/standby HJT log included... system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Sygate SPF smc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W Solved: Computer wont shutdown/restart/standby HJT log included... X E FATI EE EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C WINDOWS System tcpsvcs exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Professional Ad-Watch exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS MSAPPS explorer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Luke Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http uk yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO EpsonToolBandKicker Class - E FB- DD- F -B AC-B CAE F A - C Program Files EPSON EPSON Web-To-Page EPSON Web-To-Page dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run SmcService C PROGRA Sygate SPF smc exe -startgui O - HKLM Run WinampAgent C Program Files Winamp winampa exe O - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus CX Series C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATI EE EXE P quot EPSON Stylus CX Series quot O quot USB quot M quot Stylus CX quot O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run AWMON quot C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Professional Ad-Watch exe quot O - HKCU Run BitTorrent quot C Program Files BitTorrent bittorrent exe quot --force start minimized O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Titan Poker - ED - D- f f-BE - C D E - C Program Files Titan Poker casino exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Titan Poker - ED - D- f f-BE - C D E - C Program Files Titan Poker casino exe O - Extra button P... Read more

A:Solved: Computer wont shutdown/restart/standby HJT log included...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-computer-wont-shutdown-restart-standby-hjt-log-included.547375/
Relevancy 48.59%

What is the cost for a new motherboard for Compaq 6400?

A:Cost of new motherboard for hp compaq nc6400

Hello, If you are trying to buy online , every retailer has different prices, Hp doesnt send Systemboard as customer replacable part. so you may check different online options   #hpexpertday

Regards;SmileyI am an HP employeePlease click the White Kudos star to say thanks for helping.Please mark Accept As Solution if my help has solved your problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Cost-of-new-motherboard-for-hp-compaq-nc6400/td-p/5627512
Relevancy 48.59%

I've got an HP nc6400 running Windows XP Pro. It's got the HP Integrated Module with 2.0 Bluetooth installed. I've verified that bluetooth is enabled in the BIOS. Whenever I use the My Bluetooth Places, I get an error message 'No local bluetooth device found'. When I look at nearby devices on my Palm, I see my laptop with a name of XXXXXX. I cannot detect any devices from my laptop. I also do not get a bluetooth icon on the taskbar. I've downloaded and re-installed the drivers that HP posts for the integrated wireless module to no avail. I also show that bluetooth is enabled via the HP Wireless Assistant. I'm at a loss. Anyone dealt with this before?

Relevancy 48.59%

Dear Friends, Hope all is well... I'm still searching high and low for a LCD screen for my nc6400 at a reasonable price.One seller on eBay did not want to sell to me as I contested the price advertised and the selling price. Which was almost twice as much as the Ad stated. Claiming it was a sale price when in fact I looked at the sales records and they were all sold at the lower price. PLEEZE! help.... Have a blessed day! Thank YOU! Sincerely, Raphael

A:Replacement Screen for the HP Notebook nc6400

The following seller seems to have a reasonable price. http://www.laptopscreen.com/English/model/HP-Compaq/HP~COMPAQ~NC6400/  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Replacement-Screen-for-the-HP-Notebook-nc6400/td-p/5703063
Relevancy 48.59%

2 days ago my Dell started to mess up. It's only a couple years old, but it won't turn on. I put it on standby a couple days ago, and when I woke the next morning, all it does is flash orange (or amber) rather the turn green and power up. I tried messing with the insides and sercuring cables, but I don't even hear the fan blowing, so I have no idea whats wrong.

It would be great if you could help. i'm desperate here.

A:Help Dell wont turn on after putting it on standby all it does is flash orange/amber

sorry, i'm so used to posting here i accidentally posted this in the wrong section. i posted this in the appropriate section 'other hardware'

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-dell-wont-turn-on-after-putting-it-on-standby-all-it-does-is-flash-orange-amber-227125.html
Relevancy 48.59%

my computer and a family members both have farely new HP's running xp.

After installing a new microsoft wireless mouse and keyboard on family member's computer today, when they went to put their computer in standby , it wouldn't stay ...It would go into standby, but after 2 seconds, pop back up.

Came home, and realize my computer is doing the same thing (I just installed the software for my wireless mouse yesterday).

anyone know what the deal may be?

A:[Resolved] system wont stay in standby, new wireless mouse the problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolved-system-wont-stay-in-standby-new-wireless-mouse-the-problem.190182/
Relevancy 48.16%

nbsp Hi nbsp My old nc running Windows is displaying a red screen while booting but starts normally maintaing the red color Blue and light colors seem to be fine but the rest of the colors are a mess The quality of the display 10 Display nc6400 - Compaq and Red - Linux Windows HP nbsp is also very poor I did several things to see if I could solve the problem I did a Windows repair which uninstalled all my applications and there was no change I uninstall the video driver Intel gm and reinstall it and no change After that I used a knoppix boot cd and the problem is there also not in red but the display quality is very poor One of the things that is also happening is the fan speeding continuosly nbsp Can I assume that if the problem exists with W and Linux that the video card is mal-functioning hw problem Please if you have any sugestion it would be helpful I would like to keep this nbsp notebook nbsp Thanks nbsp Rui

A:Red Display - HP Compaq nc6400 - Windows 10 and Linux

271058 Your assumption is most likely correct -- as Linux and Windows use totally different video drivers.  So, any video problem that is the same in both is either the video chipset, or the monitor, or both -- but in either case, it's most likely hardware, not software. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Red-Display-HP-Compaq-nc6400-Windows-10-and-Linux/td-p/5692211
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi I have a problem I cannot solve with drivers or software I have serviced two HP's that have the same recurrent problem basically they randomly freeze with no response from any part of the OS Vista business SP bit when browsing the web the System at on freezes random browsing web NC6400 when HP and later on just randomly with the older NC The first one that exhibited the problem was an old NC everything works fine on it just this random total freeze that requires a hard shut down to fix System freezes on HP NC6400 when browsing the web at random after between minutes and an hour of usage Now it's successor the NC has the same problem in fact I am typing this post on it now with no problems just that without warning without any kind of similar actions before it just freezes with the screen showing what I was doing at the moment in time All of the drivers are updated to the latest versions on both these machines and the hardware DVD drive quick launch wireless bluetooth ambient light sensor etc seems to have no problems Some possible solutions or remedies would be greatly appreciated Many thanks Dann

A:System freezes on HP NC6400 when browsing the web at random

You can run a virus scan with Malware bytes: Malwarebytes

Try doing a system restore to a point before your problem occured.

Performance tweaks:
Speed Up the Performance of Vista

run chkdsk to see if you have any hdd problems: How to perform disk error checking in Windows XP

run memtest86 to see if you have memory problems: Memtest86 - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

Go into safe mode and open the elevated command prompt and type in: sfc /scannow
to check for file integrity errors.

*Do all of the above in safe mode (repeatedly pressing f8 after post).

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/279375-system-freezes-hp-nc6400-when-browsing-web-random.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi there I recently got a bare-bones HP Compaq nc from work no RAM no harddrive no OS A collegue gave me an installation disk for Windows nbsp -bit no drivers included but I can't seem to find the appropriate nc6400 7 - Install Compaq Help Driver HP on Windows drivers I've read that this notebook did not originally have Windows and therefore there aren't specific drivers for this case butI also read that there are other ways around installing the proper drivers I keep getting to the screen select drivers to be installed with an option at the bottom to Browse or Rescan I've tried the Windows Windows 7 on HP Compaq nc6400 - Driver Install Help Service Pack via USB among other drivers for Windows Vista it doesn't ever detect anything from the USB I've also tried the SP by downloading it and then burning it to a CD to try still Windows 7 on HP Compaq nc6400 - Driver Install Help nothing I'm not getting any error messages it just continues to say no device drivers were found Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers and then click OK I can't tell if I simply have the wrong drivers and therefore it won't detect it or if something else is preventing this from working nbsp nbsp I should note that I am very new to all this so anything that may otherwise seem obvious probably isn't I've just come in to the hobby of fixing up older computers so any hints tips Windows 7 on HP Compaq nc6400 - Driver Install Help general knowledge is greatly welcomed Thank you in advance

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Windows-7-on-HP-Compaq-nc6400-Driver-Install-Help/td-p/5645763
Relevancy 47.73%

Good Morning, I just bought a hp/Compaq nc6400 running windows 7 professional. doesn't seem like a terrible machine but wondering what people think about the hp/Compaq nc6400 laptops. I bought this since someone stole my MacBook pro and needed a computer. I am more used to apple and actually enjoy using apple products but couldn't find a decentally priced one on craigslist in my area. windows 7 doesn't seem too bad but I left windows when vista arrived and generally avoided any form of windows after that and now I have a windows laptop again...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/385130-just-bought-hp-compaq-nc6400-running-windows-7-professional.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello,

I just bought a refurbished Compaq NC6400 and since it had been on the shelf for over a month, the battery was fully discharged. I put the notebook on charge (almost 5hrs now) and the charging indicator is still in amber (charging). Is this normal? The battery pack is more than warm too.
ps. I've kept the notebook turned off while it's been charging.

Relevancy 47.3%

I have installed windows 8.1 and for the ATI mobility Radeon X1300 is intalled the windows vista x64 drivers in compatibility mode for vista. the drivers installed and works fine but during booting and shutdown time it takes up to 10 minuts. During booting after the windows logo and before the login screen the screen become black and the mouse pointer shows and hides for up to 10 minutes and then the login screen shows same behavior when Shutting down. Any help will be appreciated

A:ATI mobility Radeon X1300 Driver issue on NC6400 HP Compaq

Try this driver:Legacy AMD does not have separate drivers for Mobility cards.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/45966-ati-mobility-radeon-x1300-driver-issue-nc6400-hp-compaq.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello I have a Dell Desktop with Windows Standby - Manual longer does work Automatic StandBy no working XP Home Edition Service Pack This started about months ago my set time Automatic Standby was working fine then it stopped working - computer will go into standby mode if I manually tell it to Was set to minutes but then that stopped working so I tried out a few other times - a few but not every time setting The only one that seemed to work was minutes but now that has stopped working I ve read that it may be due to something running in the background there s a long list of things and processes in the task manager but I m not savvy enough Automatic StandBy no longer working - Manual Standby does work to identify them or recognize what if any may be the cause I may have installed a new program around that time and I did also read a comment from a person with a similar issue who mentions that they installed the latest update for what Microsoft uses against malware and viruses - sorry not sure what it s called Anyway I kind of remember accepting the Automatic StandBy no longer working - Manual Standby does work update a little before I noticed the standby issue I did think about trying System Restore and going back to an earlier date but it won Automatic StandBy no longer working - Manual Standby does work t let me go beyond January which it has never done before don t use it often but in the past it s let me go back to previous months I ve scanned with Malwarebytes SUPERAntiSpyware and Avast they did not detect anything Panda ActiveScan did detect something so I took it over to VirusTotal and out of Antivirus programs are detecting it as something The file in question is c windows system snjwindows dll Panda Generic Malware Prevx Medium Risk Malware Rising Trojan Win Generic A TrendMicro Possible Virus TrendMicro-HouseCall Possible Virus Any suggestions on what I can look into or try to resolve my Standby issue Thanks

A:Automatic StandBy no longer working - Manual Standby does work

My understanding is that when you set a time to stand by or hibernate, if there is any running process on the system that cause the CPU to use 10% even for a split second (like you would observe in Task Manager), the timer gets reset back to zero.

The system has to be "idle" and that also means no keyboard, mouse, email reading, surfing, etc. Idle means idle.

Knowing that, if you have something running in the background like an automatic scan, updates, something that is running that periodically checks for something to do, updates, etc. that could use 10% of the CPU - even for a split second, that will reset your timer.

In my notes, I have this reminder to myself from past experience of things that can interfere with a timed stand by or hibernate:

Does your system have installed Windows Search, Skype, iTunes, MagicJack, RSS feeds, any kind of Instant Messenger, any kind of malware scanners doing scans or doing automatic updates like MSE, AVG, Norton, McAfee, Bit Defender? Did a cat walk on your keyboard?

To test, set your options so some small amount of time - maybe 5 minutes and see if the system works properly every time. Be sure the mecahnism itself is not flawed. If it does work properly every time with a short timer, and you set it back to 45 minutes and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't work you will have to figure out what is going on that resets the timer.

I think I would set it to 45 minutes, note the time of day and find something else to do for a while - don't touch the system. If the system does not behave in 45 minutes, then look in the Event Viewer from the time you wrote down at the beginning of the watchful period until the current time when the stand by was missed.

Look in the Event Viewer logs for the last 46 minutes and see if you can spot what background process might have woken up and done something. Hopefully, when whatever it is wakes up and does whatever it does, it will put something in the Event Viewer log and you can see what it is.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/377836/automatic-standby-no-longer-working-manual-standby-does-work/
Relevancy 44.72%

My computer is behaving strangely there are no noticed performance changes but if i press quot Ctrl R-Alt quot then my computer beeps and wont allow delete to work I had to take out the L-Alt Key because if i press it my computer turns off and then when i turn it back on with the power button on the case its as if it where never turned off it just goes straight to the login screen Another strange thing is that if the Ctrl Key is held down for a few seconds the quot e -key quot gives a instead of E and when this quot Euro-Mode quot is active the arrow keys dont work This problem is anoying i can still open task manager through quot start - gt run - gt taskmgr quot The computer only beeps when i press ctrl alt no other keys make my comp beep I hope someone can help me I've already tried using avg spybot Ad-aware and various other proggies but the problem perisists Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common standby computer "Ctrl-Alt-Delete" L-Alt mode Key Computer wont go into makes and Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC Program Files Computer wont "Ctrl-Alt-Delete" and L-Alt Key makes computer go into standby mode Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeC Program Files Lavasoft Computer wont "Ctrl-Alt-Delete" and L-Alt Key makes computer go into standby mode Ad-Aware AAWService exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Autodesk Shared Service AdskScSrv exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exeC Program Files GIGABYTE EnergySaver GSvr exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Nero Nero InCD InCDsrv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exeC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exeC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exeC Program Files Nero Nero InCD NBHGui exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSRMon exeC Program Files Winamp winampa exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Vtune TBPanel exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC WINDOWS system Wacom Tablet exeC WINDOWS system WTablet Wacom TabletUser exeC WINDOWS system Wacom Tablet exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeE Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook DeviceVM Url Search Hook - BF -BFFF- B F- D - DF F DD - C WINDOWS system dvmurl dllO - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dllO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D... Read more

A:Computer wont "Ctrl-Alt-Delete" and L-Alt Key makes computer go into standby mode

i think there may also be a suspicious program called Pev.exe aswell===========Hello While we understand your frustration at having to wait, please note that Bleeping Computer deals with several hundred requests for assistance such as yours on a daily basis. As a result, our backlog is quite large as are other comparable sites that help others with malware issues. Although our HJT Team members work on hundreds of requests each day, they are all volunteers who work logs when they can and are able to do so. No one is paid by Bleeping Computer for their assistance to our members.Further, our malware removal staff is comprised of team members with various levels of skill and expertise to deal with thousands of malware variants, some more complex than others. Although we try to take DDS/HJT logs in order (starting with the oldest), it is often the skill level of the particular helper and sometimes the operating system that dictates which logs get selected first. Some infections are more complicated than others and require a higher skill level to remove. Without that skill level attempted removal could result in disastrous results. In other instances, the helper may not be familiar with the operating system that you are using, since they use another. In either case, neither of us want someone to assist you who is not familiar with your issue and attempt to fix it.We ask that once you have posted your log and are waiting, please DO NOT "bump" your thread or make further replies until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. The reason we ask this or do not respond to your requests is because that would remove you from the active queue that Techs and Staff have access to. The malware staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response, there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.That is why I have made an edit to your last post, instead of a reply. Please do not multiple post here, as that only pushes you further down the queue and causes confusion to the staff.Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible.Thank you for understanding.Orange Blossom ~ forum moderator

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/228989/computer-wont-ctrl-alt-delete-and-l-alt-key-makes-computer-go-into-standby-mode/
Relevancy 43.43%

I tried using standby mode after reading about it in this forum. My computer is useless after waking up. I can't even close xp pro. I even have to use the computer power button to shut down windows. My harddrive light stays on all the time as well. My browser never opens, and after 5 minutes of waiting, I finally decide to shutdown and it can't. Is there something I need to know in order for standby to work. I have already looked at the bios but see nothing to change. I am afraid to try hybernate. Is this a software or hardware problem?
Life is good without using standby mode.

A:Standby Mode-- Can't Open Applications After Using Standby

Good question: The one and only time I tried THAT function, I had to unplug the computer from the electrical source in order to get the monster to work! I've refused to use it since. Hibernate isn't quite as bad, but I find I always have to do a full shut down to get my computer to work anyway, possibly because I use log-in accounts - I don't know. These days, I either leave it on, or do a full shut down .Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/61872/standby-mode-cant-open-applications-after-using-standby/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi I have LG FLATRON W L monitor and recently ive been having some issue with it I think it may be related to Win X i am using My graphic card is GTS with both DVI and HDMI connections while i used HDMI loop > standby Monitor standby > on cable before i am correctly using DVI cable for the very same reason I opened this topic hoped it will help but it didnt Basically when I turn on my monitor at the morning for example it got stuck in a loop where it goes from Standby to Fully On and back to Standby while i hear a sound as if i connected and disconnected a USB device from the computer hub Now usually I ignored it as after like jumps it went on but this morning it got stuck in that loop for Monitor standby > on > standby loop like or times before it turned on Monitor standby > on > standby loop Please help Specs Intel Core i Gigabyte P -US L GB DDR GForce GTS GB nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-standby-on-standby-loop.969005/
Relevancy 42.14%

I am an extensive Windows user but this problem has me totally standby Windows away resumes standby goes from to right and confused I have done lot of searching on web but cannot find a good answer Windows home premium -bit HP Envy D laptop with GB memory no custom hardware I have configured a backup job which wakes up the laptop at midnight takes a backup and puts laptop into standby again All this happens with the laptop lid closed The power scheme is configured to put laptop into standby when lid is closed The resume from Windows resumes from standby and goes to standby right away standby backup and suspend after backup is controlled by Windows Home Server console which is installed on the laptop I had Windows resumes from standby and goes to standby right away purchased the HP laptop in October of last year and this job used to work just fine Sometime in March of this Windows resumes from standby and goes to standby right away year the backup stopped working After checking the logs and physically observing the laptop at midnight I found that the laptop resumes from standby at the scheduled time but immediately goes into standby if the lid is closed The backup fails Windows event logs indicate that laptop lid close action is putting system into standby If the lid is open then the laptop resumes from standby stays awake backup proceeds and laptop goes into standby again Here are my problems a Why did the backup work for several months and then stopped working b I have other laptops in the house running Windows home premium on variety of hardware all HP and they do not have any issue Even with the lid closed they resume from standby do a backup and go into standby again The power scheme on all these laptops is set to put laptop into standby when lid is closed I have verified from physically observing the laptops during backup time I have checked all the usual suspects like BIOS updates driver updates run sfc completely deleted the Windows Home Server console from laptop and re-installed after deleting all past backups but nothing seems to help Is there some setting that I have overlooked Any ideas will be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Windows resumes from standby and goes to standby right away

try disabling the "put laptop into standby when lid is closed" option in the power settings. If it works properly when the lid is open, then it seems that the problem is with this option. I don't know why it would stop working all of a sudden after it has been working for a while. Have you installed any new programs by any chance, or deleted any when it stopped working?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/231925-windows-resumes-standby-goes-standby-right-away.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Help please, my standby power scheme option will not hold in standby. The key board option will not hold, maybe a few seconds. The start option does the same thing. I really did use and like this option. Only new change I can think of is the modem. Went to a 4200 Windstream(SpeedStream) because of slow connection on the older ?6200 ? I have many new Indian friends that say it is not the modem.Need a slow walk through,don't understand this problem. Don't understand computers!!
Could be the problem has another source?
Thanks

A:XP home -standby does not stay in standby

1. First go to the device manager.

2. In the device manager open a device that uses "Power Management", such as a Network Adapter by clicking the plus sign next to it. - An easy way to access the device manager is to use the key combination "Windows Key + Pause/break", go to the "Hardware" tab and click the device manager.

3. Right-click the child icon that shows up under the Network Adapters category

4. Left-click properties

5. On the top will be a "Power Management" tab

6. Make sure you uncheck the box that says, "Allow this device to bring the computer out of standby".

* There are other devices that use this power management function. One that I know of is Mice, you will have to figure out which it is.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-home-standby-does-not-stay-in-standby-222219.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Ok i recently was infected with spyware but I installed a firewall called Panda and immediately started acting weird, so I said to myself ok uninstall it, no matter how long I leave the remove programs box open it wont load, so its just empty and Icant remove it, when I try by opening the program then clicking on the uninstall it will say error, my computer wil also not open internet explorer, it opens it just doesnt load, the only way i can go on the internet is if i right click on the icon and click start without add-ons, and it also wont shut down!!!!!!!!! please help, i have no clue what to do

A:Help Computer Wont Shut Down And Wont Uninstall Programs And Wont Open Internet Explorer, Please Help!

Did you came from HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum? Else I would suggest you to read up here and post a HijackThis log for malware experts to take a look. If they declare you clean and you still having such problem, then you can come back here and post your question again.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/98603/help-computer-wont-shut-down-and-wont-uninstall-programs-and-wont-open-internet-explorer-please-help/
Relevancy 36.12%

Yesturday my vista was working great and on the screen as i went to shut it down said quot updating files do not shut down computer quot but it stayed like that for hours so i turn it off manualy once i turned it back on the next day it asked me for my password i put it in and as it was loading it was vey slow and would take - minutes for programs to load up Also when i go to click on like my internet it dont work not even my games work they try to load then freeze So i did a scan on it and its still having this problem After i got frustrated i went to shut it down again and it says quot wont connect let wont freezing, up load Wont down, me shut files, internet. 2 logging off quot but stays like that for hours so i have to manualy turn it off Now with internet issue it works in safe mode with connection but not in my normal screen WHY IS THIS DOING THIS

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wont-up-load-files-freezing-wont-shut-down-wont-let-me-connect-2-internet-435447.html
Relevancy 33.97%

The other day I safe in boot boot, centre wont wont load mode, wont repair Computer updated my laptop which is a Dell Inspiron R running Windows home premium when I updated the computer booted ok took longer than usual I restarted the laptop but this time it wouldn't boot up it came up with a black screen saying repair windows recommended or start windows normally I clicked repair windows it said searching for problems attempting repairs this took about an hour and a half but unfortunately did not resolve the issue I sent the error report to windows I restarted the laptop again attempted booting it in safe mode no luck and Computer wont boot, wont boot in safe mode, wont load repair centre the same other various options I can try but no luck they all just crashed the laptop and began restarting it tried repairing it again and this time it took my to a screen with various options like load backup open cmd and format my hard drive loading the backup did nothing and wasn't sure what to do with cmd so decided to part ways with my stuff and format the hard drive Computer wont boot, wont boot in safe mode, wont load repair centre I Computer wont boot, wont boot in safe mode, wont load repair centre did this and the laptop was formatted but the OS was still on the hard drive and it was like the first time I opened it all of my personal things were gone but win home premium was still there I set it back up again installed AVG anti virus etc downloaded a few movies ran fine the next day it said windows updates need installing so I did updates were made turned my laptop back on and again it was booting up and crashing followed the steps I mentioned before noting was working after messing around with it for an hour or so I finally got safe mode whilst in there I did an AVG scan alot of files seemed to be locked and AVG wasn't scanning them wasn't sure why AVG wouldn't scan them tried to undo my last update but when I followed win 's steps it would't allow me to turn on the windows centre thing it told me to turn on I wasn't sure what to do i thought maybe its a virus or maybe because I'm in safe mode anyway restarted it and continued crashing went to the repair centre and it searched for errors again found none so I formatted it like last time using the dell data recovery unit think that's the name of it formatted it again went through the processes when i did this last time the pc was ok and started normally like it was brand new booted it up but this time it kept crashing again and again safe mode wont open the repair centre just gets stuck on a blue screen every time I'm really stuck on what to do if anyone can help that would be great I've tried on other forums but got no help sadly and unfortunately don't have the Windows installation disk I would happily totally format the hard drive totally as I have other OS on other disks just not the windows one Any help would be appreciated Thanks

A:Computer wont boot, wont boot in safe mode, wont load repair centre

Hello there,

It seems like you did not perform a clean installation of Windows and that's why your system is acting up. 

Follow the steps below to install a new copy of Windows:

1. To format your hard disk during Windows 7 installation you will need to start or boot your computer using the Windows 7 installation disc or USB flash drive. Insert your Windows 7 disc in your CD/DVD drive. Please note: will need to restart or turn on your system with the disc in the drive. 
2. After turning on your system with the CD in the drive go ahead and press any key when prompted during your computer post routine and then follow the instructions presented on screen. If you don’t see this go back to step 1 to setup your BIOS to boot from CD or USB flash drive depending on your installation media.
3. On the Install Windows page simply enter your preferences and click next.

4. Accept the Windows license agreement.

5. On the “Which type of installation do you want” page go ahead and choose the “Custom” option.

6. Select Drive options (advanced) on the “Where do you want to install Windows” page.

7.  Select the partition that you want to change, choose the formatting option you want to perform and then follow the instructions.
When allocating space choosing the default MB size for your drive is typically the best for most users since you want to take full advantage of all your disk space.

8. Click “Next” for the installation to proceed.

Hope this helps!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/551378/computer-wont-boot-wont-boot-in-safe-mode-wont-load-repair-centre/
Relevancy 31.39%
Q: standby

I run XP and recently have been unable to keep my pc in standby mode...........it goes into it for a few seconds then pops out again..........any ideas for a solution?

A:standby

Do you have to move the mouse or press a key normaly to bring it out of standby mode, I had a similar problem with a wireless mouse behaving erraticly and was making the pc come out of stand by mode, just a thought.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/standby.454563/
Relevancy 31.39%

when u standby, does everything turn off. when i put my computer on standby the motherboard and the powersupply is still on. my other computer when i put in standby, everything turn off.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/standby.217111/
Relevancy 31.39%

I have a Latitude D520 laptop with Windows XP. Whenever I close my laptop and it goes into sleep mode and open it again the screen stays off. I dont know if it has something to do with the button that the screen presses down on or a function, but either way its annoying. Please respond as soon as possible.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/going-into-standby.900870/
Relevancy 31.39%

when I try to go into standby mode the screen turns off but thats it. I cannot get the system to come back on unless if I hold down the power button to turn it off then back on.

I tried changing the option to "do nothing" when I close the lid on the laptop, then change it back to go into standby mode but no luck

it does it regardless of if I just close the lid, or click start-turn off computer-standby

A:not going into standby

Standby & Hibernate Issues in Windows XP – Kelly’s Corner

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_standby.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-going-into-standby.593342/
Relevancy 31.39%

Computer is in Standby, I click enter, then Internet Explorer but I can't get the cursor
to appear, then I get the Internet Explorer is not responding message. Please help
Thank you

A:Standby, then nothing

Nothing will work in standby. Are you saying after coming out of standby then IE won't work?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/standby-then-nothing.654751/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hello,

Recently, when I put my computer in standby mode, it just turns off without saving my settings. I used to get the welcome screen with my icon and name each time I put it in standby. Now what happens is when I open up my laptop lid, it goes right to the desktop. I like the speed, but it screws up my mouse and a few other things. I checked my settings in the Power Options and they are fine. Any help would be appreciated, or please ask me any questions or send links to answer my question. Thanks

1. I put computer in standby

2. It shuts down without saving settings.

3. I lift my laptop lid to activate.

4. It goes right to desktop instead of Welcome Screen

A:XP Standby help

Is hibernation still selected under power options?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-standby-help-44406.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Recently I noticed I can no longer put my computer into standby mode. It isn't offered as an option when i hit the power button. It is there but it is greyed out. I have no idea how this happened. I played around the power setttings and I cant seem to find out how to turn it back on.

HELP

A:standby gone

Plz post your system specifications

A computer cannot enter Standby Mode or Hibernate if a Direct3D-Based Screen Saver is running
http://support.microsoft.com/default...06676&&GSSNB=1

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/standby-gone-119339.html
Relevancy 31.39%

I'm running xp pro, 865PE motherboard and P4(R) 2.54 processor.
Problem: My comp. goes into standby after about 15 minutes. I'm
going crazy typing my password. The settings in power management have NO EFFECT on the system. Read once somewhere that you should input minimal power management in the sys. bios. because it conflicts with windows. I fiddeled with it but to no avail.

A:Log on after standby

Go into the Power Management Setup in the BIOS and make sure that ACPI is enabled.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/log-on-after-standby.201753/
Relevancy 31.39%

Plz help me . I go to " Start , turn off computer, and i have turn off and restart, but my standby botton is fadded and i cant use it and it is the only one i use most times.. Is there anything i can do ???

A:I cant use my Standby

oh PS all i have done on this computer latly is some updates from microsoft.ca and i did the same updates on another pc same make and everything like 4 days ago and i dont have this prob on that pc

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-cant-use-my-standby-209701.html
Relevancy 31.39%

I purchased a new Gateway. It originally went into standby as set through the power options, but after loading a couple of programs and printer drivers, the PC will no longer go to Standby on its own. The monitor does, but not the hard disks.

I have it set to go to standby when I hit the power button, and this works. But the hard drives will not do it on their own after a preset time, as set in power options.

Any suggestions would be very helpful...I am not the most knowledgeable when it comes to computers.

Thank you kindly.

A:PC won't go into Standby on its own.

Since you are "not knowlegable" then I feel more comfortable saying whatever stupid thing happens to pop into my head.

"In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is King."

Have you found and can you use the settings at:

Start > Settings > Control Panel > Power Options

If these are set properly, you may have a problem. Please try this & report back.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-wont-go-into-standby-on-its-own-39912.html
Relevancy 31.39%
Q: Standby

My computer as of late does not go on standby. I have a xe and it says my natural ps2 or 101/102 key is preventing me from going on standby...ok. I can't find any thing in my file folder to update, and i update most that comes on line from micro soft...any idea's?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/standby.396009/
Relevancy 31.39%

I run xp and have a HP Pavilion 9600. I've never used stand by before, but I have a standby key on my keyboard that my 11 month old son convenantly hits everytime I am online. I've tried hitting return, space, esc, and so forth but nothing brings it out, and I have to do a cold shut down.

A:How do I get out of standby???

You might try this: Start> Control Panel> Performance and Maintenance> Power Options> On System standby: set to never. On Advanced tab> Power buttons> select Do nothing or Ask me what to do.

Also found this on HP web site after pressing standby:
To make the screen reappear, move the mouse, press any key, or press Standby again. It might take 10-30 seconds before the screen reappears.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-get-out-of-standby.391477/
Relevancy 31.39%

Is there a way that i can keep my internet connection when i put my computer onto standby? I like to keep downloading things but i dont want to waste power. Can i just keep my network card on w/out disabling it? thanks.

A:going on standby

not if your hardrive is going into standy . only if you set your monitor to go down .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/going-on-standby.98503/
Relevancy 31.39%

why i click on stand by and my pc turns off, then i want to put it back on nothing comes up on the screen but the pc starts as normal.?

thanks

A:standby.?

Have you set Power management in the bios to be "user defined" and therefore enabled power management? Then what settings do you have in Power Options in Control Panel?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/standby.701336/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi
I've recently changed my old MotherBoard to P4C800E Delux and CPU to P4. After installing all drivers in my old OS every thing was fine. The system had no problem in going to standby. After some days, it denied to go to standby mode automatically. However I could still manually do so.
Searching the web I figured out that in this case the IDE drivers (HD Controller) are the blame. Swiching to another compatible driver temporarily solved the problem. But after some restarts, the same probem is back again. I didn't install any new programs or drivers during this and checking the system, it is still using the same IDE driver I last installed.
Any idea?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/standby-in-xp.307958/
Relevancy 31.39%

I just built a new PC (specs listed in profile). The computer won't standby on it's own. If I go to start/stanby it works fine. Is there a setting that I'm missing that would cause the PC not to standby on it's own? I've checked power options, tried power saving as well as a custom plan. Monitor won't shut off either, regardless of settings in power options.

Thanks,

Travis

A:PC won't standby

What do you mean, on its own?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/149134-pc-wont-standby.html
Relevancy 31.39%

How do I stop standby from auto-going on after like 20 minutes?

A:Standby

Go to controll panels and click on power options:
then go down to "turn off monitor" and select "never" or whatever you like

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/standby.294373/
Relevancy 31.39%

I have just turned on my pc and found an icon that was not there before, it turns out my son has been playing with my pc, but had no idea how he had done it.He has created a shutdown button on my desktop. C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState

Is it ok just to put it in the recycle bin and get rid of it ? I'm sorry but I have no idea

A:Standby

That is a shortcut to hibernate the PC.

Ok to delete it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/standby.870564/
Relevancy 31.39%

my standy button is greyed out so i cant put it to standby. why is this?...how do i fix it?

A:standby?

http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/a7n8...tml?highlight=

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/standby-104913.html
Relevancy 31.39%

I am running a computer in dos mode (booted from a floppy) and would like to know if there is a way to put the HD in a standby mode say after 5 min of inactivity? The computer is running 24/7/365 (in dos) and never uses the hard drive. I don't want to take the HD out since occasionally I will re boot into windows from the HD to do certain troubleshooting, but the vast majority of the time its running from the floppy so I would like to get the HD to go into standby mode so it won't ware out. Is there a place I can go in the setup mode to do this?

Thanks......

A:Put HD on standby

You might want to check your power management settings in the BIOS. I have never heard of any utilities that will put a drive to sleep in DOS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/put-hd-on-standby.61632/
Relevancy 31.39%

When I try to put my computer into standby...the box is grayed out..this is when clicking on the Turn off computer button...it will only let me shut down or log off

Also, when I go into the power properties...the only option I have "when closing lid" is to "do nothing"...it used to give me the option to go into standby, hibernate, or shut down

any help?

John

A:Can't go into standby

are you logged in as an ADMIN

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-go-into-standby.560290/
Relevancy 31.39%

I am using a P4P800 E-Deluxe mobo, and I have been using it perfectly fine for several months. However, all of a sudden after reformatting several days ago, several new problems occured.

First of all, after clicking "shut down" my computer would go to a screen labeled "It is now safe to shut down your computer." I have encountered this before, and I went to turn on APM in power settings. However, I can no longer go to stand by anymore - only hibernate!

I would greatly appreciate anyone's help in getting stand by back! I do not want to hibernate my machine (too long of a start time).

Thanks!

Relevancy 31.39%

What exactly do I have to do to keep my pc from going on standby?

I have disabled powermanagement in bios, in display settings under the Power settings they are all set to Never hibernate is unchecked...but it still keeps going to standby

where else do I check?

thanks

Relevancy 31.39%

I am on XP and neither places I have searched google and windows help can I find where it tells how to bring the computer out of standby I never used it come of Do out I Standby!!! How but my roommate who is now using the computer wants to We put it into standby and cant figure out how to bring it back How Do I come out of Standby!!! I always thought and figured you would How Do I come out of Standby!!! just push a button on the keyboard or move the mouse like the screensaver neither of these work So what am i missing how to I bring it off standby or maybe I should use hibernate the main reason for this it to save the power consumption roomate is going green a bit lol Most important also is to turn off monitor seems to visually bother him having it on while he watches tv in between messing with the puter and then to be able to simply resume He can and has been just shutting off the monitor but if hibernate or standby would save more resourses and accomplish the same this is what he wants to use Reading on them both I think I understand the differences and when standy or hibernate would be used no documents would be left open etc only possibly web pages or unfinished windows games maybe yahoo messanger etc nothing that if power was to be lost would vital informtion be lost So what do you suggest or simply how do we resume from standy or hibernate Thanks in advance James

A:How Do I come out of Standby!!!

On my laptop you press the power button and it snaps back to life.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-do-i-come-out-of-standby-168394.html
Relevancy 31.39%

i have the asus a8n5x (standard amd 64 bit mobo (not sli)). It doesnt return from standby. Thats all. I have a western digital 80gig. Also, have the asus nvidia 6800gt, which has a recent driver. What could be causing me to not be able to standby? (or hibernate, which is what I actually use).

A:standby?

Well, hibernate actually shuts down the computer, and physically powers it off. Obviously, you won't normally return from that without turning the comptuer back on. There are BIOS options that allow for power up from the keyboard or mouse, have you checked into those? Return from standby may also be affected by BIOS options. When you go into standby, do the lights on your keyboard stay on? If not, the KB isn't being powered. If you have an optical mouse, can you see the light still on?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/standby.458902/
Relevancy 31.39%

When I finish using my PC and click on start then standby I get the following message: "The devise driver for the ATI technologies, inc 3D rage PROagp 2X" devise is preventing the machine from entering standby. Please close all applications and try again. If the problem persists, you may need to update the driver".
Clicking OK and trying again gets the same message. I'm not aware that there are any applications open.

How can I correct this?

I'm using Windows XP.

Relevancy 31.39%

My computer can hibernate, but it can't go into stand-by. Any ideas as to why not? Is there some hardware or software needed for it?

Relevancy 31.39%
A:PC won't go into standby

open task manager, right click on explorer.exe and click end process tree

go to file > new task and type in "explorer.exe" and then attempt to put the computer in standby. does it work?

try to log off and THEN put the computer in standby. does it work?

disconnect the ethernet cable and THEN put the computer in standby. does it work?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-wont-go-into-standby.728211/
Relevancy 31.39%

For months I have been trying to set my computer to use S3 Standby. I have an ASUS K8V and using ASUS's or anyone else's instructions, the computer will either restart automatically or shut down, requiring 2 depresses of the Power button for several sections in order to start up.

Win XP SP2
1 meg ram
320 meg HD
Athlon 3200

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/s3-standby.667668/
Relevancy 31.39%

My pc won't go into stanby mode.

If I choose 'standby' from the start/turn off computer menu, the pc 'shuts down' so that when I come to restart it, it goes through its full booting up process. The pc reamins on, with the fans still going.

I've tried setting options in Control panel/power options/power schemes but this doesn't have any effect.

Turn off hard disks, system standby and system hibernates are all set to 'never' though I 've tried changing these but it makes no difference.Under Control panel/power options/hibernates, hibernation is enabled.

Anyone got any suggestions?

A:PC won't go into standby

How are you bringing the computer out of standby?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-wont-go-into-standby.728214/
Relevancy 31.39%

i m almost embarrassed to ask this question but how do you standby know if Standby is working i know when hibernate is working cause i hit the power button to bring it back to its previous state however i am working on writing an application and need to use standby so last night i was trying out standby on my pc i set it to shutdown the HDD after a time period and go to standby which brings me to another question - when using standby should you set the system to go to standby BEFORE turning of HDD or vice-versa meaning i have it set to go to standby in mins and turn off HDD in mins or should that be the other way i come back an hour later standby and the fans are running - which i suspect is due to my USB mouse enabled to bring it out of standby and i ll change this feature this evening so i hit a key on the keyboard and it almost instantly came back to my desktop almost like i only had the monitor go off after a time period so how do you know if standby is working nbsp