Windows Support Forum

Remove unknown password in Office 2003 email account

Q: Remove unknown password in Office 2003 email account

How do you retreive, delete, uninstall or change an unknown email password in Microsoft Office 2003.I have tried all I know, so please help!Thanks!Bernie

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Remove unknown password in Office 2003 email account

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Remove unknown password in Office 2003 email account

You would have to obtain the correct password from your email provider.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/remove-unknown-password-in-office-2003-email-account-600514.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Dear Experts,

My old PC was running with windows xp and I was using my office pop3 server emails through out look express.
Now, I have arranged new PC with of widows seven.I am finding out look express not none.After discuss with many peoples I know out look express not packed with windows seven then I import all of my old email in windows live.
Now, I am using my office pop3 server emails on window live.
Problem is that, I want to lock my emails account same as I was using in outlook express.Kindly help how to set password on my account.

A:How to set password on my office email account.

Welcome and enjoy the forum

It seems that you must sign up for a live ID

https://accountservices.passport.net...=EN-US&lc=1033

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/88585-how-set-password-my-office-email-account.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello,

I work for an investment company and by law ALL emails sent and received, must be read and initialed by me daily. Currently I am having to get all the emails from each individual in the office. Thank goodness its a small office of 4 or this might take much longer than it currently does. Is there any way that I could set something up so that all emails incoming and outgoing, from all individuals in the office, could be sent to my account? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

A:receiving both sent and received email from the office on one email account

You could have email rules set up on each account that auto forwards a copy of both incoming and outgoing to your account.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/receiving-both-sent-and-received-email-from-the-office-on-one-email-account.526784/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello I've been using Windows for weeks Until today it started up just fine by displaying my name and no email address This is exactly how I want it to be Today when Win would not recognize a printer in order to download an quot app quot to help with this I was required to provide a Microsoft email account which I did an old Hotmail account I rarely use Now when I restart or wake up the computer that old Hotmail account appears as quot Administrator quot However I do NOT want that old Hotmail email address associated with this computer How can I remove it and get back to logging in with NO associated email address NOTE I do not want to delete the old Hotmail account just want to remove it from my Windows quot Account quot menu My name Hotmail address quot Administrator quot In case it's required to associate Win with an email address I use Windows Live Essentials with a company email address I tried adding it via the quot Other Account quot option but Win said it did not recognize the email address I entered sigh I saw threads with a similar question but not quite the same Thanks for any help

A:Can I remove but not delete MS email account from user account?

You have converted your local user account to a Microsoft account. It's easy to switch back to a local account, just follow the instructions in this tutorial: Local Account - Switch to in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

When you have switched back to a local account and you want to download another app from the Windows Store, follow the instructions in this tutorial (Method Two, Step 5) to keep using your local account to sign in to Windows and only use a Microsoft account to sign in to Store: Store - Sign in with Different Account in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

A useful tutorial to learn the difference between a local account and a Microsoft account: Local Account or Microsoft Account - How to Tell in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Kari

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/43338-can-i-remove-but-not-delete-ms-email-account-user-account.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I found that once I upgraded to Windows I had to use my Email account to Log In to my PC The User has to have a Windows Account Mine is originally Hotmail - Live - Outlook I can not stand having the same Password and account info from my Email account the same as my PC I had to reinstall Windows and then I was able to use a Personalized amp Custom User Name amp PC Seperate Windows From PC Password Password Account, Email Password This coincides with certain software I use when I install the same titles on multiple PCs Serif - WebPlusX - I use a common User Name Seperate Windows Account, Email Password From PC Password and file location I will not tolerate having to be constricted to a Windows Account that makes me use the same password and user name for my Email Account and my PC Therefor WINDOWS is useless to me at this time P S I still get rapid boot times and custom features from Windows I assigned the Power Button where the old Start button would be amp pinned shortcuts to my task bar to navigate to apps I use frequently

A:Seperate Windows Account, Email Password From PC Password

Hello Majestone, and welcome to Eight Forums.

You can sign in to Windows 8 with any "local account" or "Microsoft account" you want.

You do not have to setup a "Microsoft account" when installing or setting up Windows 8.1. A trick to this would be to temporarily disconnect the internet when you get to this point to then be able to setup a "Local account" instead.

If you want a Microsoft account, then you could have two Microsoft accounts, and use one to sign in to Windows 8 with and the other for your emails.

Either way, you could easily switch to a local account afterwards.
Local Account - Switch to in Windows 8
...or switch back to any Microsoft account you wanted instead.
Microsoft Account - Switch to in Windows 8
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/36462-seperate-windows-account-email-password-pc-password.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I have a teacher that purchased a laptop for her classroom. (Her funds - Her laptop.) She now has a password on her admin account in XP that someone gracously set. Any ideas on how to reset that password without reloading XP? There are no other accounts setup.

Thanks,

Rigel

A:admin account has unknown password

Petter Nordahl-Hagen's offline nt editorhere is a password editor... it works really great for NT and 2000...sometimes works for XP sometimes not...if it does not work... the password hash will be trashed and mostlyit will have to have the harddrive wiped and windows re-installed.but... it is free, where quite a few other editors cost $$$--rex

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/12477/admin-account-has-unknown-password/
Relevancy 67.08%

Referred from here http www bleepingcomputer com forums t unauthorized-mail-sent-from-my-online-email-account OBPertinent information My antivirus software had lapsed just a day or two before this I installed Norton and Panda after I realized I was infected but neither found anything amiss This bug sent email link from my AOL web mail to about or my AOL web mail contacts not the contacts in my AOL software or in my Windows Contacts It sent the mail from an email address I use for junk mail Earlier that day I'd stupidly clicked a link in one of those junk mails that led to an online pharmacy It appears that the link is to an online pharmacy This is the link is sent www ptr myhealth-c com No message no subject I attempted steps - in the preparation guide but had the following problems I have several virtual drives on AOL Malware my Unknown webmail sent Account email from this machine but I know little to nothing about them but DeFogger didn't appear to recognize them It never prompted me to reboot which I think it should have if it had seen and disabled them GMER downloaded but most of the boxes are unavailable and greyed out Only services registry and files are checked and Drive C Perhaps importantly GMER lists only my C and D drives not the virtual drives DDS txtDDS Ver - - - NTFSX Run by KW at on Fri Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender enabled Updated coloro A BEC Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k rpcssC Windows system Ati evxx exeC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf b afce STacSV exeC Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroupC Unknown Malware sent email from my AOL webmail Account Windows system SLsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system Hpservice exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows system Ati evxx exeC Windows system WLANExt exeC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf d Unknown Malware sent email from my AOL webmail Account a AESTSr exeC Windows system agr svc exeC Program Files x Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exeC Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files x Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcsC Program Files x hnFAPMon hnFAPMonService exeC Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exec Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exeC Program Files x Panda Security Panda Cloud Antivirus PSANHost exeC Program Files x Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Program Files x HP QuickPlay Kernel TV QPCapSvc exeC Program Files x HP QuickPlay Kernel TV QPSched exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows SMINST BLService exeC Program Files x CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exeC Windows system taskeng exec Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exec Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exeC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files x TomTom HOME TomTomHOMEService exeC Program Files x Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeC Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroupC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files x Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP QuickTouch HPKBDAPP exeC Program Files IDT WDM sttray exeC Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exeC Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files x The Weather Channel FW Desktop DesktopWeather exeC WIND... Read more

A:Unknown Malware sent email from my AOL webmail Account

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/325587/unknown-malware-sent-email-from-my-aol-webmail-account/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi folks,

Very much as the title says, the administration account has had a password applied to it stopping me from accessing the account and / or hiding it again.

This happened sometime ago and I have tried to resolve the issue myself.

Any help would be great.

Rob

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/462950/administration-account-has-been-password-protected-by-unknown-source/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi,

I've got two user account in my home computer. One administrator account and the other a limited account. I (comp. adm.) installed Microsoft Office Prof. 2003. It can't be accessed by the users of the limited account. There appears a dialog box to install Office. If I switch the limited account to Comp. adm., they can access Office.

Question: Is there a way to access it using the limited account?

Tony

Relevancy 66.65%

While trying to fix an issue with selecting text, I got a .cab error that has now been fixed.

However, now when I open Outlook, it is asking to establish a new email account, as if I am a first time user. i can't access the existing email account, and all of the emails, folders etc. An archive.pst file still exists and by the size appears to contain all emails, folders etc.

Does anyone know how I can locate and reinstate the existing email account to access the existing emails etc.?

If this is not possible, can a new account be established and the existing emails, folders etc. in the archive .pst file imported?

Thanks,

Hotchi

A:Outlook 2003 email account gone

Hotchi said:

can a new account be established and the existing emails, folders etc. in the archive .pst file imported?Click to expand...

Yes, I'd say your best option is to do that. Luckily you still have the previous PST file

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2003-email-account-gone.122496/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have multiple email accounts download into my Inbox folder; each email account has its own unique name under Account Settings. When I try to "Sort by Email Account," the groupings are correct (i.e. each group represents one account); however, the grouping title is incorrect...it says the same name for all of them.

Any idea what's causing this and how to fix it?

Thanks,
JC

A:Outlook 2003 - Sort by Email Account

Hi carlyman

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

This sounds interesting.

Are the e-mail accounts subaccounts of one ISP or each a different domain as in:
1) a Gmail account
2) your own ISP account
3) and maybe another free account like my.inbox.com ?

You mention each account has its own unique name under Account Settings. Does this mean the accounts do not have their own unique name listed under the E-mail Account Header column?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-sort-by-email-account.709895/
Relevancy 65.79%

I accidentally deleted an Email account in Outlook 2003. All my emails disappeared along with it. How can i restore the emails? I no longer have access to the Gmail account that it worked through.

A:Oulook 2003 Email Account Deleted

Hi garrygy

It sounds like your Gmail account was created as an IMAP account. IMAP accounts mirror the servers, they do not actually download the messages onto your hard drive.
If you no longer have access to the email account, the only other course of action I can suggest would be to contact Gmail.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/oulook-2003-email-account-deleted.951333/
Relevancy 65.79%

I've seen some posts with similar issues here; however none of them seem to address my problem exactly.

Here is what happens.

When I change my default EM account under 'Tools, E-mail accounts' it accepts the changes. However, in reality it keeps the old default and always reverts back. The only way to set a new default EM account is to delete the old one.

However, as soon as I add the deleted account once again; immediately Outlook reverts back once again.
Anything to be done? Or do I have to delete the profile and start from scratch?

Thanks for your help !

Relevancy 65.79%

I'm using Outlook 2003 and Windows xp professional. Ever since I was required to install Outlook Connector to connect Outlook with my hotmail account, I've had connecting issues. Most of the time I get them worked out, but this time I can't. I've tried reinstalling Outlook Connector and removing and then adding again my email account to Outlook. When I try to connect, there is a red X in the lower right window of Outlook and it says
Mail: error
Calendar: error

The thing is, when I created a new hotmail account (and a gmail account for that matter) I was able to easily connect both of them to Outlook without problem- it is only this original email account that will not connect. Please help if you can!
Loren

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-wont-connect-to-email-account.911236/
Relevancy 65.79%

Dell XPS 8700 originally with Windows 8.
A former employee did not leave their password for Windows 10.   I need to reset this computer to factory defaults (do not care about files).
How can I do this without F8?
I want to get to the Dell factory recovery I think would be easiest.  Original OS was Win 8.x ?  Not sure.
Thanks!

A:Unknown User Password and Email

TechAce,
Since you cannot get into the system to restore from the F8 screen without a password you will need to reinstall Windows. Click the link below for OS reinstall downloads. You will need to have the service tag number to download.
Dell Windows Backup and Recovery Media

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19986190
Relevancy 65.79%

Recently I attempted to use my Skye Video account and noticed contacts that I do not know and cannot remove. Have tried to delete them but to no avail. Any help?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436676-how-do-you-remove-unknown-contacts-your-skype-video-account.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Can someone please provide the steps for setting up a new email account in Outlook? I need to know how to verify my incoming\outgoing servers (POP, SMTP, etc.) Is that through my ISP? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

A:Creating new email account in Office Outlook

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

This can help you here: How to create and configure an email profile in Outlook 2010, Outlook 2007, and Outlook 2003

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/creating-new-email-account-in-office-outlook-655593.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi,

I am using Outlook 2003 and the Operating system is Windows XP pro.
I am unable to create a new email account in Outlook.

When I click on Add email account and click next , the screen where it says to select the server type. ALL the options are disabled. I cannot select any server.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 65.36%

Suddenly, I am no longer able to email directly from a Microsoft Office application (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc) using the SEND TO feature UNDER the FILE MENU.

I get a "communication error" dialog box.

Does anyone know what the culprit could be and how to fix it?

thanks-
bob

Relevancy 64.93%

Hi I don't know where this belongs in your threads so feel free to move this if you like I have a password storing problem that me and a few techy's couldn't figure out Office Outlook won't save my password and just asks me to re enter it every time to get my mail I went in and checked save password in many places and done everything normally you would do to get the password saved We also did a reedit step like Microsoft tells you to do on their help pages but that didn't help either after password dreamweaver Office save 8 2003, problems and attempting to fix this we gave up doing all the normal stuff Dreamweaver also around the same time did the same thing when we wanted to upload files or just log into Office 2003, and dreamweaver 8 password save problems the remote server Password and s n was missing After re entering it again and clicking the save box and would go through fine until i turned the program off and turned it back on I did a search for the solution and some even blamed IE and Dreamweaver had a patch to fix this problem Again after patch or update was installed and everything reset it didn't fix the problem I figured I asked since I couldn't find anything and maybe you Office 2003, and dreamweaver 8 password save problems guys have come across this problem

A:Office 2003, and dreamweaver 8 password save problems

Apparently no one else has a clue either... :-(

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/office-2003-and-dreamweaver-8-password-save-problems-163312.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Sorry if this has been brought up before. When I open my email account from my browser I am taken straight into my emails without having to put in my account name or password. I always sign out. I never check the "keep me signed in" box. But this invariably happens. Surely there should be some security measure to prevent this as it seems to leave the system open to hackers.

A:Being taken straight into email account without password being request

Originally Posted by robleau

Sorry if this has been brought up before. When I open my email account from my browser I am taken straight into my emails without having to put in my account name or password. I always sign out. I never check the "keep me signed in" box. But this invariably happens. Surely there should be some security measure to prevent this as it seems to leave the system open to hackers.

I have two accounts I access online, one provided by my Domain Hosting Service and the other on my ISP's site. The first keeps me logged in and the second requires starting from the login page but does always have my info in the dialog boxes and just needs another click. My Hotmail, Gmail and Outlook.com accounts keep track of me and go directly to my Inbox. I mostly use Firefox.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/41373-being-taken-straight-into-email-account-without-password-being-request.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I am all out of ideas... please help....
Running XP with Outlook 2003. virgin ISP, Avira premium security.
All going fine.. then.. I can now no longer send emails.. I can receive them. They keep bouncing back not even leaving the computer...saying

554 5.7.1 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: Access denied,

I have checked all the settings and nothing has changed.

I can get online, I have scanned for mal ware, viruses, defragged, backed up, checked fire wall...

Any ideas would be greatly received.

Kind regards
mangotoo

Relevancy 64.5%

I've tried numerous times to set up an Outlook acct in order to be able to email docs from Word. When I would click on mail, an outlook email window would open but "send" etc buttons don't work.

Today, I tried to intergrate Outlook to use my MSN Acct. That failed, too. Can't even get an email window to pop up in Word now.

I acquired my Office Word 2003 by downloading a 3-mo. trial version that came w/my new PC/Windows XP. Trial period is over and I have NOT converted to the full Office 2003 program.

Once Trail period expired, it's my understanding that not all Word functions are now available to me.

Could it be that being able to email from Word is one of the functions I lost?

A:Solved: Unable to use email in office word 2003

In "reduced functionality mode" Word is effectively just a viewer and can print the document, that is all.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-use-email-in-office-word-2003.582223/
Relevancy 64.5%

I am trying to add a logo after my name in my emails on Outlook 2003.
In order to do so I understand I need to have options set to Use Office Word 2003 as my email editor.
This option is greyed out and most likeky the reason is I have a 2007 version of Office Word installed.
Any suggestions how I am going to get the logo onto my emails?

Danny
Compac Presario
2 Quad Processor 2.67 GHz
4GB ram
2 x 500 Gb HDD
32 Bit
Win Office Business
Outlook 2003
MS Office 2007 -non commercial

Relevancy 64.5%

does anyone know how to remove office 2003 by using regedit? how to do it?
thanks

Relevancy 64.5%

Hi guys,

Sorry if this has been answered before, I did have a search.

I've just upgraded to Windows 7 and have installed Office 2010 which I also had on Vista, in Vista however my email [email protected] was part of personal folders, but now they are separate, I'd like not to see a separate menu for [email protected] but instead have all my emails under the Personal Folders menu, any ideas?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/292497-office-2010-how-merge-personal-folders-email-account.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I am trying to import my email accounts & settings to the way they were before I did a custom install of Windows 7. For the life of me, I can't figure this out. I tried to follow tutorials and nothing seems to work.

My situation is different also because I have 8 POP email accounts. Do I have to enter the email account information back in or can moving the .pst files do this?

A:Import Email Account Settings with Outlook 2003 after Wind 7 reinstall

Did you use Outlook 2003's built-in feature to Export before? Or, did you just copy the .pst file to a safe place while reinstalling Windows?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/285322-import-email-account-settings-outlook-2003-after-wind-7-reinstall.html
Relevancy 63.64%

WinXP Home SP3 with Office XP
Outlook is hanging with a number of messages. (Various).
ie Cannot complete the operation...
The issue appears to be that Outlook has exceeded it's 2GB limit so I'm trying to recover (trying various things) and create a new mail profile.
I'm using the Inbox repair tool and MS's 2gb truncation tool.

Anyone know how to save the (existing) email profile (Email account settings and passwords) so I can transfer it to a new profile. Later versions appear to have a Mail - export function but not these earilier programs.
I'm unable to get hold of the User and or their ISP until tomorrow, but I'd like to get it resolved today.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/corrupted-outlook-looking-to-transfer-email-account-password.794332/
Relevancy 63.64%

so i made skype a few months back it messeed up my nokia lumia 635 phone i backed up everything and i cant get it back i need everything on it back

A:i dont know my microsoft account password or gmail or email

Reset your password from https://account.microsoft.com

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436781-i-dont-know-my-microsoft-account-password-gmail-email.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Ok Here's the story I'll Cannot Password Remove to due Administrator policy? account be attending a university soon On a tour I decided to borrow my grandfather's laptop Windows Vista Basic bit so that I could access the internet Well the Server required That I have a password on the account Administrator and the only account Weird but hey whatever I'll just remove it when I'm Cannot Remove Administrator Password due to account policy? done WRONG Now I'm back home and When I go to Control Panel gt User Accounts gt and click quot Remove Your Password quot I get a box that say's quot Windows cannot remove the password Cannot Remove Administrator Password due to account policy? Password and or account policies require the account to have a password quot I've never seen this before So after many attempts I think to myself well since I can't remove it might as well change it to something a bit more relevant to him WRONG Every attempt at creating another password is answered with quot The password you typed does not meet the password policy requirements Check the minimum password length password complexity and password history requirements quot Trust me I've put in some complicated It is simply not going to let me change it Does anybody have any advice At all Ps Changing and or removing the password from command prompt displays the exact same error messages What is it about my account that needs a password How can I change this

A:Cannot Remove Administrator Password due to account policy?

Hi,

Have a look here & see if that helps?

Change password policy settings

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/284401-cannot-remove-administrator-password-due-account-policy.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I recently had an Elderly friend who accepted one of the calls from "Windows Microsoft" and allowed them to access their computer. He gave them access to his computer but when he refused to give them a credit card number they installed a startup password which begins prior to the windows login screen. I can still get to the files on the computer by putting the hard drive in an external. I have tried a password reset tool but that only resets the windows passwords.
I don't want to have to move all of the data off of the disk and re-install windows if I can avoid it. Does anyone have a solution??? And warn everyone about the scam.

A:Remove a startup password before account screen

Hi,

this password is actually a windows feature, the caller has added the encryption of the SAM hive in the registry. What passwords have you tried to get passed it? Often they will use the same password as the windows login password.
What you could try is to use a system restore point to restore the settings, but it is somewhat risky. I would only attempt this once his data has been backed up.

regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/470753/remove-a-startup-password-before-account-screen/
Relevancy 63.64%

In January I installed a new hard drive Vista Rendering Outlook Office Conflict 2003 and Email on my computer and uploaded Vista Business reinstalled Office Suite I was told there should be no conflict between the two The first time I opened Office Outlook I noted a problem Certain incoming e-mails were not rendering properly they rendered in raw format instead of rendered format When I opened the e-mail the first thing I would see was the expanded header in the body of the e-mail where it should not be next came the body of the message that I should see if the e-mail rendered properly next came the html source coding These e-mails are a mess There seems to be a few hints to the problem First Email Rendering Conflict Vista and Office 2003 Outlook of all all these incoming e-mails have my e-mail address in the bcc field Second the e-mails are in MIME format Some of the e-mails actually come in with a message below the expanded header that states quot This message is in MIME format Since your mail reader does not understand this format some or all of this message may not be legible Email Rendering Conflict Vista and Office 2003 Outlook quot I have contacted Microsoft about this problem they aren t interested I ve tried talking to their tech support people in India about this problem but they do not have sufficient command of the English Language to be able to discuss it intelligently Judging from the Microsoft User Forum this problem is more wide-spread than Microsoft would like to acknowledge I ve done everything I can think of to resolve this issue Nothing seems to work I recently had a new motherboard and processor installed Vista and Office Suite reinstalled My system is totally updated The problem is still there I ran Office Suite previously on XP Pro and had no problems The problem only surfaced when I installed Vista as my OS Any suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

A couple of weeks ago I had to open a new windows live email adress forsomething I cant quite remember. Ive allways had outlook express previously and when Ive wanted to send a friend a web link I right cliked and selected ,.... send via email, and it went sucessfully via outlook express. Now when I right clik ,the only option I get is send with windows live, and it doesnt work.
How do I get rid of windows live mail and get back to how I used to be? Ive tried a few things but cant seem to erase it?

A:How do I remove Windows live email account

Add Remove Programs. Look for Windows Live Mail. Uninstall.

If this is one of the "few things" you have already tried, let us know.
Also, if for some reason you can't uninstall it, it would be helpful to know what you HAVE tried.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/260322/how-do-i-remove-windows-live-email-account/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi - I am going insane here I have added a new email account on my isp website to our office Outlook All settings and passwords are correct - I can even view the darn new account via webmail so I am sure this issue is with Outlook so I enter new email account as per all Solved: settings new - issue account fails Outlook test 2003 email the others we have and the test settings fails as follows The Find outgoing server is In progress I am prompted for a password that is not accepted even though I set the darn thing both online and in the dialogue box in outlook I am using win XP Outlook We have three email aco s already in place that work fine no errors or password prompts I have removed the new account from my isp and re-entered and tried multiple times entereing a new email account in outlook I even got the isp service to sed a reg file with my new email account settings in it to automatically enter the info into new account I have turned off firewall - same issue Is there something I need to delete - change inthe registry I have tried searchin the Forums but nothing pertinent and Solved: Outlook 2003 new email account issue - test settings fails can t spend all day browsing - sorry Many Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Solved: Outlook 2003 new email account issue - test settings fails

please post ur email settings screenshots here...you dont need to setup or registry setups.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2003-new-email-account-issue-test-settings-fails.863541/
Relevancy 63.21%

I have had some success in further troubleshooting of Outlook The culprit with Outlook running very slow and swamping the system at CPU usage is with one of the three email accounts I Account CPU - Stopped Usage POP3 Outlook - Email 2003 Climbs Working had set up with it Outlook 2003 - POP3 Email Account Stopped Working - CPU Usage Climbs I deleted the email account entirely and now Outlook runs smooth as a whistle with very low CPU usage But does anybody know why all of a sudden that email account started messing up Outlook I tried adding it back as a new email account but it keeps telling me the following error when I TEST THE SETTINGS Log onto incoming mail server POP Outlook could not connect to the incoming mail server POP The problem could be your SSL or port settings for the incoming server Verify your port and SSL settings under More Settings on the Advanced Tab I have done this and called the folks who handle that email server to verify I have the correct settings but still get the above error Also when I attempt to re-add the email account CPU usage climbs to above - and Outlook no longer runs as smoothly nbsp

A:Outlook 2003 - POP3 Email Account Stopped Working - CPU Usage Climbs

First, outlook is a good tool, but a poor choice for email. Consider using other software
such as Thunderbird.

All the data in Outlook (Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and Email) is held in the single .PST file for each user;
the bigger it gets, the more time and cpu it takes to get into it.

As for the errors, it would appear that the settings are wrong.
The pop3 stuff is for reading your email from the ISP and the smtp is for sending;
each can be correct / incorrect.
You need the pop3 domain name (something like mail.domain.com or pop3.domain.com)
the correct port number (usually 110), AND
the proper login (secured or unsecured).

The sending side almost always requires a secured login on port 25.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2003-pop3-email-account-stopped-working-cpu-usage-climbs.99474/
Relevancy 63.21%

hello sorry for remove back user my revert it i password, account but bad english yesterday i buy ssd for my notebook so i installed windows ultimate bit using file ISO X - then i install it i give the username in the setup as quot my name quot then when the setup asking for password lets say i fill it with quot qwerty quot as my password okay my installation is done when it comes to windows logon it asking for password so i put my password earlier quot qwerty quot but it says password incorrect i dont know what happen but im sure that i didnt put my password wrongly because its really easy to remember actually my plan i remove my user account password, but it revert back is to change password when i arrive at desktop but i stuck at windows logon so i restart my notebook and go to safe mode go to the i remove my user account password, but it revert back user account at control panel and remove the password okay now my password is removed but i want to make sure so i close the user account windows then i go to the user account again but i surprised that my account still have password i dont know why its still have password so i remove again but its revert again so i delete that account and make new administrator account lets say the name of the new admin account is quot anon quot and that's worked now i can go pass the windows logon and go to the desktop but the name quot anon quot i dont like it cause i just randomly give the name I want the name that I've used when installing windows its quot my name quot so i created another administator account and give the name as quot my name quot but it suddenly have password again omg i dont know what to do so i assume the name when i put when installing windows is still stuck with the password so how to make the password completely gone im asking this because i've experienced something more unusual years ago i reinstalled my windows and install windows that time i didnt put any password just blank but when it comes to windows logon it asking password so i want to know what the cause of this problem thx for helping

A:i remove my user account password, but it revert back

Delete the strange account totally (when logged on good working account). Reboot (not necessary I think). Strange account is really gone? Remake the account without a password. Works?
Set password on that again

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/289792-i-remove-my-user-account-password-but-revert-back.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I ve seen this issue on email Office Problem Merge 2003 HTML Outlook 2007 other postings but have not seen the answer yet I have Vista Outlook and Office I have been trying to send an email merge works fine on my other XP machine with office in HTML I can send a merge in text but the HTML option Office 2003 Outlook 2007 HTML email Merge Problem yields nothing I purchased outlook because Msft Mail was not working either I am about to throw out outlook and try to downgrade to outlook to see if this option works as it does on my XP machine Any ideas before I totaly frustrate my wife by reloading her software again When the quot text email merge is initiatied I get a message for each mail that asks me to accept that another program is trying to send an email This seems to happen for each email which could really be a problem for several hundred emails I have tried turning off the firewall but the box still appears This whole Vista thing is making me crazy I have to reconfigure my outlook and transfer the list of names and the word doc to my xp laptop just so I can send the Office 2003 Outlook 2007 HTML email Merge Problem mail merge What is the setting to turn this off I am wondering why I paid for Vista and the Oulook sw Sorry just frustrated This should not be so difficult nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-2003-outlook-2007-html-email-merge-problem.739840/
Relevancy 63.21%

migrated from previous version of outlook express to outlook 2003. The out of office message I had previously used to auto-reply with my away message somehow migrated over. since I connect to a pop3 server and not an exchange server, the out of office assistant command is not available nor supported. I tried starting outlook with /cleanrules command but that did nothing. I also tried to look for the something like pr_oof ... true or false with no luck. So everyone that sends me an email thinks i'm on an extended vacation. HELP

A:MS Outlook 2003: unable to remove out of office auto-reply

Problem persists

can anyone help me with this as i still have the probelm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ms-outlook-2003-unable-to-remove-out-of-office-auto-reply.107614/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello Everyone,

I am setting up my email accounts in Outlook 2016. I always do a manual setup and on my outlook.com email accounts, I use Exchange ActiveSync.

My questions are this.

What is this new option of selecting Office 365 and when would I use this option?When I did select the Office 365 option and pressed next my outlook would crash, any fix?What is the best selection to choose from when setting up my outlook.com account that would be great for automatically syncing with my calendar etc. on outlook.com or apple etc.?

Thank you very much for any help and assistance.

A:Outlook 2016 Manual Email Account Setup, Office 365 option? & Crashes

Manual setup for outlook.com accounts is absolutely unnecessary, Outlook 2016 does that automatically in a few seconds.

That being said, if you insist in doing it manually the correct option is Exchange ActiveSync. Office 365 option is for so called workplace email accounts, Azure AD / Office 365 for Business or Enterprise users. You select that option only if your organisation uses Office 365 and you want to set up your workplace email in Outlook 2016.

Kari

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/70158-outlook-2016-manual-email-account-setup-office-365-option-crashes.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello All,

I made the mistake of changing my email password back to what it was when our email account got hacked and the spamming program managed to send out a bunch of un wanted to emails to friends and family. I did change the password and the spam stopped but I want to know if there are any good programs for finding these trojan-type programs? Changing my password stops the emails but the program remains.

I am running Windows 7, 64 bit and I am using McAfee Firewall\Virus\Seccutity suite. My email program is Outloook 2003.

Thanks, Bill

A:eMail Account got Hacked. Question about how to remove the trojan(s).

You can scan with a some ondemand scanner like MBAM or Hitman pro.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/186253-email-account-got-hacked-question-about-how-remove-trojan-s.html
Relevancy 62.35%

prior to the past week or so, any hot links in emails I was able to click and open up a webpage etc... Now in several computers, the links just take me to MSN.com home page. WTF. Anyone know of a fix for this, annoying to copy/paste everything. MS do something with Win10 to make older office versions not work right? UGH!

https://hardforum.com/threads/not-sure-if-proper-area-but-win10-and-office-2003-outlook-email-issue-with-links.1907946/
Relevancy 61.92%
Relevancy 61.92%

Is it possible to not have my email address visible on the login screen. I still want to use my Microsoft account as Windows 8.1 isn't worth the effort with just a local login. Currently the way the Microsoft login works,
every laptop user effectively gives away their name, email and (likeness, if they are photographed) every time they open the lid to anyone in the vicinity. In the age of phishing scams where people are looking for this info it seems like they are catering
to those people rather than their users.
Note- already changed my name in my Microsoft account to gobbely gook but the email issue still remains. 

Any and all help much appreciated

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fd6015b3-b4ae-4b9b-b4ac-6592da464541/remove-email-address-from-login-screen-when-using-a-microsoft-account?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 61.49%

This should be an easy problem to solve, but I have been unable to figure it out...

On the windows login screen, right below my login name, there is a little note that says how many new mail messages I have- This however was set up by my ex-boyfriend under his hotmail account. I'd like to change it to one of my accounts if possible, (I primarily use a university based webmail account), and if I can't change it to anything but hotmail or msn then I would like to remove it.

I haven't been able to figure out where to find this setting.

Any ideas or help would be most appreciated.

-Alex

Relevancy 58.48%

Instead of sending the activation code to my sign-in email it was sent to my reserve email which no longer exists on the system I sent the new telephone number this has been changed but I am still Live bought Office but were I out bought of my and 365, computer, telephone my both logged account, into date. the email not able to open any of my Office applications Yet I will be charged the renewal from the date I put in the product key When one has a product key and then signs in to Live why does this then not activate Why when you have changed to my new telephone number have you not sent me an activation code With my reserve email dead you do not allow me to change it The only other email I use is Gmail they are much better than Windows Live I only use Windows Live to allow me to put new programmes I bought my computer, bought Office 365, logged into my Live account, but both the email and telephone were out of date. onto my computer and as usual ten days later I have no use of the programme I bought So typically Windows I have used you since the day you began what went wrong You used to function once These last years have been hell I wish I had bought an Apple computer and changed everything to Apple Each time I buy a new laptop these same issues come up Please give me access to the Windows Office I bought and put on my computer Jeffery Frederick Harold Windsor-Sezibwan-Rurikovich-Schiewe

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b8bfadd1-e7c9-4f99-bb63-1be5a56c8d8e/i-bought-my-computer-bought-office-365-logged-into-my-live-account-but-both-the-email-and?forum=w8itprosecurity
Relevancy 57.62%

When I click on a hyperlink I am getting a pop up window that say's choose profile atop and profile name with ms exchange settings in a drop down window but I don't know how to configure. I would like to set my yahoo email account as the default email account-I don't want to download my email on this account. How can I go about setting this up?

thanks

z

Relevancy 56.76%

We are wanting to up-grade our current Office suite Office 2003 to either Office 2010 or Office 2013.  Our PC's are running Windows 7

I would just like to know what peoples opinions and advice is on this?

A:Up-grade from Office 2003 to Office 2010 or Office 2013

I can't speak to Office 2013, but I've done numerous upgrades to Office through 2010.  When you install the new version, you have the option to keep the old version or just replace it.  Starting with Office 2007 the familiar menu bar has been replaced with the ribbons which take a lot of getting used to for folks used to older versions.  There's a little program called UbitMenu that will add most of the menu bar functions back in the 2007 and 2010 versions that a lot of folks find helpful.  If you do opt to have two different versions installed at the same time, what happens is that when you switch from one to the other, it goes through a juggling act that takes a minute or so.  It's a bit of a pain, but if you need it, it could be a convenience.

Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541032/up-grade-from-office-2003-to-office-2010-or-office-2013/
Relevancy 54.18%

So I have a kinda weird one that I cannot wrap my head around I'll try to be as clear as possible I am the administrator of my home PC and I am in Win libraries unknown but 10 as listed account everywhere Account using a Microsoft account instead of a local account When I Account in Win 10 listed as unknown account everywhere but libraries look at the properties of my libraries under the security tab my account is clearly listed as someone who has access to these files When I look at the properties of anything outside of libraries My account is listed as Account Unknown insertstringofnumbershere Trying to add my otherwise clearly listed name and account results in the name not found dialog box I have tried adding myself by email Account in Win 10 listed as unknown account everywhere but libraries and by account name and neither work I feel like this also has something to do with my Linux laptop not being able to connect to anything shared Let me know if you have ANY ideas or questions I've not tried much in the way of fixes because I have no idea whats going on

A:Account in Win 10 listed as unknown account everywhere but libraries

No idea what went on, but after contacting MS support, they advised me to try adding myself in Effective permissions ( Properties -> security tab -> advanced -> effective permissions ) When I added myself there, it magically worked.
Don't know what the problem was, but it's fixed now.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/33869-account-win-10-listed-unknown-account-everywhere-but-libraries.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have several client PC's using my personal office 365 account that I want to move to their own separate office 365 account so that they are not in my account any longer. I have already logged into my account & deactivated them but need to give my client instructions on how to reactivate them with their own office 365 account.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438454-how-transfer-existing-office-365-install-windows-pc-another-office-365-account.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Using Outlook 2003, Part of MS Office Professional Edition 2003, which has the capability of having multiple, separate & complete email addresses, each functioning in their own profile.

E.g. I open Outlook and it gives me a drop-down box to choose which email I want to go to, say email1 or email2.

Email1 has 2 "Contacts" areas defined.
1st problem is how to combine and synch these two. I don't want two.

Email2 as 1 "Contacts" area.
2nd problem is to combine the contacts from Email1 with Email2.

I thought these were *.pab files, but a search for *.pab comes up empty.
I do find multiple *.pst files

Any suggestions?

A:Help with Contacts Merge in Outlook 2003,Part of MS Office Professional Edition 2003

Oh, and I need tips on how to make SURE I've got the existing stuff backed up before I mess with anything. This isn't my computer I'm working on, and there are 4000 contacts involved.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-contacts-merge-in-outlook-2003-part-of-ms-office-professional-edition-2003.405337/
Relevancy 53.32%

I was successful in installing Office 2003, activating it, and updating in Windows 7, but every time I open any one of the Office apps I have to click accept on the EULA box.  Is there any workaround to make the box go away permanently?

A:Office 2003 installs but EULA box appears every time I open an Office application

right-click on a shortcut to one of the apps, and select "Run as Administrator".After you do this once, you won't have to do it again.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/50492d2b-7a75-4efb-a806-09a34cf75965/office-2003-installs-but-eula-box-appears-every-time-i-open-an-office-application?forum=w7itproappcompat
Relevancy 53.32%

I'm running Windows 7 on my new computer, which came with a trial version of Office 2010. Rather than buy the full version when the trial expired, I installed the Office 2003 I had on my old -- now dead -- computer. I now find that I can't open the Word and Excel files I created with the 2010 version. Is there a 'cloud' site where I could send the 2010 files and have them returned to me as standard .xls and .doc files? Or is there a free converter available for download?

A:Solved: How can I open Office 2010 documents on a computer that has only Office 2003?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-can-i-open-office-2010-documents-on-a-computer-that-has-only-office-2003.1013189/
Relevancy 53.32%

For those still using Legacy Office - on Windows any time you try to activate the animated Office Assistant you receive a message that quot The Office Assistant Requires Microsoft Agent or better The product is 97-2003) Windows Solution Assistant in 7 Office of for Office MS (MS Loss Solved: available in the Office System Pack quot Read the following before installing MS removed the MS Agent which controls the Office Assistant on Windows Solved: Solution for Loss of MS Office Assistant in Windows 7 (MS Office 97-2003) and above The Hot Fix below is contained in a zip file which restores the Office Assistant functionality to legacy Office users on Windows The following link below will show you how to download the instructions to get the Hot Fix back Note if you are running Windows XP or below you already have this installed and need not run it See the separate Help documentation in MS Office if your Office Assistant fails to appear in Windows XP or below Furthermore this fix is for Windows only Not Windows Windows or the Windows Preview You also will need to make sure you know the correct version of Windows on your computer For example or bit MS should sense the Solved: Solution for Loss of MS Office Assistant in Windows 7 (MS Office 97-2003) version of Windows you are running when they email you the instructions for downloading the Hotfix The instructions say that this Fix only restores Merlin the Wizard but it gave me quot Clippy quot which is the default Office - animation I was not able to get the Zip file to extract in the C directory or able to find the default file location the first time But by clicking quot Browse quot and saving the download link to my Downloads folder I was able to find and run the zip file extractor and the Solved: Solution for Loss of MS Office Assistant in Windows 7 (MS Office 97-2003) main Hotfix itself Link to further MS Hotfix instructions to Restore Legacy Animated MS Office Assistant to Windows users https support microsoft com en-us kb Jack nbsp

A:Solved: Solution for Loss of MS Office Assistant in Windows 7 (MS Office 97-2003)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-solution-for-loss-of-ms-office-assistant-in-windows-7-ms-office-97-2003.1147067/
Relevancy 53.32%

Good Day,

I've often used the Files and Transfer Wizard to move files in the Windows XP environment, including those for people moving from Office 2003 to 2007, however, I've just been asked to move a person from a computer that would result in them moving backwards from Office 2007 to Office 2003; is this possible? What concerns should be considered? Obviously if they have a number of documents saved in the 2007 it could be problematic, though could the compatibility pack offered by Microsoft offset that concern? Thoughts? Thanks.

Regards,
Jeff

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-files-and-transfer-wizard-to-go-from-office-2007-back-to-office-2003.919539/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi everyone and merry Christmas!

I followed the procedure found on the web, I entered "netplwiz" and did uncheck ?Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer".
There is no password set.
THere is just one user/account which is obviously also the administrator.
(the Account tab shows also HomeGroupUser$, but I guess is a default option...)

the point is that when I switch the pc on, I have to click on the icon of the user account in order to see the desktop. Is there any chance I can login automatically without even clicking on the user icon?
thanks a lot in advance

A:Auto login, one account, no password: avoid to click account icon?

Hello Lorcar, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Go ahead and create a password for your user account, then do the tutorial below again to enter the new password and set your user account to be logged into automatically at startup.

Log On Automatically at Startup

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/204437-auto-login-one-account-no-password-avoid-click-account-icon.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Having upgraded my desktop PC to Office 2010, I need to import three seperate letter template files for use in Word. These were lost during the upgrade but are on my laptop, which still runs Office 2003, as .dot type files and I also have them copied to a memory stick. However, I am at a loss as to how and where to save them into the new programme on my desktop PC. If it makes a difference, I should add that I do not use Libraries and have disabled them.
Can anyone advise please?

A:Importing template files from Office 2003 to Office 2010

Problem solved - with a bit of advice from a friend! Unsurprisingly, it's very simple.

- Open the document in Word
- Click "Save As"
- Scroll to top of folder list and, under "Microsoft Word", click "Templates"
- Name the template and select "Word Template" in the "Save As Type" list
- Save it

I still don't know where they are saved to but I can now call them up and use them.

Cheers

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/218620-importing-template-files-office-2003-office-2010-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

My PC OS is Windows 7 Pro and I am using Office 2003

I want to install Office 2010 on it.

I don't want two Office programs but I do want to keep My Doc's etc in the new Office 2010.

What is the procedure? 

fred93

A:Installing Office 2010 on a PC that is running Windows 7 and Office 2003

Hi fred93 The documents you created with Office programs aren't related to it. You can simply uninstall Microsoft Office 2003, and install Office 2010 and you'll be able to use them again. Simple as that.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/572415/installing-office-2010-on-a-pc-that-is-running-windows-7-and-office-2003/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have an Excel file which has some moving objects as well as some drop down menus. I recently installed MS Office 2007 after erasing 2003. The Excel tables now are disabled, the file now looks like a picture, only the fields outside of the content are really clickable.I have tried to enable all macros, downloaded the MS compatibility pack, still same issue. Any suggestions/ideas? The file works in 2013 and 2016.I can share the file upon request ...

A:Office 2003 Excel file will not open with Office 2007

Thank you for your suggestions, here an update: I got the file working - how, no idea. I re-opened the original attachment, deleted the one I had on my PC and voila, it works.

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/office-2003-excel-file-will-not-open-with-office-2007/20074.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi,
I plan to update Office Pro 2003 to Office 2013 with Outlook. I need some Advice on how to move all of my Outlook info in 2003 to Outlook 2013.
Thank you, Richard

Relevancy 53.32%

Hello

I installed office 2007 ultimate alongside office 2003 professional. Microsoft outlook and publisher was removed from my office 2003 prior to office 2007 installation. I also opted not to install microsoft outlook 2007.

It seems that each time I load word 2007 or 2003 after previously opening the other version (ie. load 2003 followed by 2007 OR load 2007 followed by 2003), a window would opened up indicating that either the configuration or installation process is taking place, hence delaying the startup. However, once the program has started, it would run without problem. I do not intend to unistall my 2003. There was no problem loading excel 2003/2007, powerpoint 2003/2007 and access 2003/2007.

I am running on Windows XP SP2 that is regularly updated. Thank you

A:instaling issue Office 2007 alongside office 2003

Try deselecting Word as your Outlook Email editor. I suspect that will be the issue, as it reconfigures Outlook 2003 each time to the changed Word version?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/instaling-issue-office-2007-alongside-office-2003.595899/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey All,

Here is my issue. The Company we consult for has not transitioned all of the way to Office 2007. We have a number of machines that still have Office 2003. Compatibility Pack works on almost all issues.

Current issue is one of our users received a PowerPoint 2003 that has embedded PowerPoint 2007 files. When the user opens the PowerPoint 2007 file Office 2003 shuts down. He has to download the 2007 file to his desktop.

From what I can see this is because the file conversion process shuts down Office 2003 before attempting to open the PowerPoint 2007 file.

Another issue that may be complicating the error is we had to run a Fixit patch from Microsoft that was causing Excel, Word and PowerPoint to be scanned which caused long opening times. I don't remember the KB article for that one at the moment but will find it if I need to.

Thanks for any help in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-2003-cannot-open-embedded-office-2007-files.1019565/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello,

I am running Office 2003 on Windows 7. My PC is only 6 months old and everything has been running like butter. All of a sudden Office files open slowly when double-clicked from their respective locations (they would normally blink up). If I open Word or Excel and then open the files from there, they open quick. Outlook on the other hand, is just slow to load up...which it wasn't before.

I did a ton of research online and couldn't get a clear fix. My thoughts are:
Anti Virus? (I'm using AVG Free)
Ad-Aware Free? (Ad-Watch live is on...however it was on before)
Windows update or office update?

But obviously I'm here to get your thoughts. It's a pain in the ass when I bought a new PC so it could perform quick, and now spreadsheets and email take 20 seconds or more to open.

Openfaced

A:Office files open slowly (Office 2003 / Windows 7)

I just wanted to add that when I disconnect the PC from the internet, the problem seems to go away?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/394456/office-files-open-slowly-office-2003-windows-7/
Relevancy 53.32%

Many friends complaint the ribbon of office 2007 too hard to use, I almost recommend them Classic Menu for Office 2007, for this deserves your try. Not only brings back the classic view, but also remain the new office menus and the ribbon.
If you are experience the same problem, except this office add-in, do you have any way?

A:Office 2007 switch office 2003 classic view

Hi Julie,
Welcome to the forum,
What I can't make out from post. Is this a question or are you informing?
It's the way you phrase your request that does not really reflect what you want or need.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-2007-switch-office-2003-classic-view.1016569/
Relevancy 53.32%

Can anyone tell me how to re-install Microsoft Office? I've just had to do a complete re-install of Windows XP Media Center 2005 Edition (as a parallel, repair function was not working on the original version) after a blue screen error nightmare followed by issues with the keyboard and mouse not being recognized. Those issues are now resolved and I was able to keep my data. I see everything in the system has been restored except Microsoft Office 2007. I can see the files but cannot access the actual program. My word and excel files are there but I cannot open them without the program. I do have the Application and Drivers & Utilities CD's (DELL Dimension E520). Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Karen

A:[SOLVED] Need to re-install MS Office 2007 in Windows XP - (actually Office 2003)

You need the Office 2007 installation cd . . If it came with the PC, Dell should have included it in the package of cd's with the system

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-need-to-re-install-ms-office-2007-in-windows-xp-actually-office-2003-a-299520.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Can I (in addition) to an already installed Office 2003 install the Office 2007 version as well?

Or do they interfere each other?

Peter

A:Can Office 2003 and Office 2007 co-exist on a Win7 system?

Hi pstein,

I have had both versions installed on my Windows 7 machine without any conflicts.

This is not to say that it could happen, however mine was fine.

Regards,
JDobbsy1987

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/115844-can-office-2003-office-2007-co-exist-win7-system.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey guys, my wife is taking a course that requires her to install Office 2010. The issue is that she wants to preserve her current setup which includes Office 2003 and 2007 existing side-by-side on her Windows 7 (64-bit Home Edition) notebook.
The 2003/2007 setup is not one that she really wants to mess with (i.e., she has no interest whatsoever in uninstalling the two Office suites that she currently has), so ideally she would like to have Office 2010 installed temporarily (for the duration of her course) on the machine without interfering with the current setup.
What is the most painless way of doing this that does not involve shelling out for a second computer?

A:Installing Office 2010 on a machine with Office 2003/2007

Hi, welcome to the forum,
I had a similar situation here but in the end I opted out.

I removed both Office 2003 and 2007 and installed 2010, I then used virtual XP and installed 2003 there, 2007 and 2010 are too similar and the dll's will 'bite' along the way.

Even my 2003 and 2007 gave me issues after some time.

Have you checekd what the Microsoft Support site says?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-office-2010-on-a-machine-with-office-2003-2007.1095088/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi all

I am using Windows XP and office 2003. I am using Microsoft Office Picture Manager to view tif files.

PROBLEM:

1. I open a tif file.
2. I make an annotation change eg: Use the hightlighting tool to hightlight some text. Fine, no problem!
3. I save the document.
4. I close the document and try reopening it:

I get this error:

"The file selected is not a valid Microsoft Document Imaging file"

I recreated my Windows XP profile and this resolved the problem

That was two weeks ago........now the problem is back!

Any ideas?

Pileyrei

Relevancy 53.32%

I did an upgrade installation from Office 2003 PRO to Office 2010 PRO. I had several issues with Access denied on C:\Config.msi. I usually select retry and all is well. I think I may have missed one of the retries before I did the system restart.
Now I get an error 2203 whenever I reboot, and the Office 2003 installer keeps popping up anytime I try to do anything.
I tried uninstalling Office 2003 and was told that I had a corrupted install. I tried re-installing it and it seems to just hang.
I also tried to uninstall and repair Office 2010.

I'm at a loss at this point.

Alan

A:Problems after Upgrade Installation from Office 2003 to Office 2010

Do a restore point to before you installed office 2010. then uninstall the office 2003 and do not upgrade.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/112611-problems-after-upgrade-installation-office-2003-office-2010-a.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have automatic Windows Update on each day but it will not update for OutLook 2003 and Office 2003 including Security Updates. Help?

Jerry Ryan
Gulf Breeze, Florida

A:Failing to Update for Office 2003 & OutLook 2003

Jerry: Go to Start>Windows Update. At the site you will see Update to Microsoft Update. if you have not already done this, do it now.
If you update to Microsoft Update, then both your Office product updates and other updates will be listed when you click Custom updates.
It's a good idea to do this periodicaly, even if you have Automatic Updates checked, because there may be hardware drivers on your system that need updated. Automatic updates will give you both Office and Critical updates for your computer, but not Hardware updated.s.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/failing-to-update-for-office-2003-outlook-2003.541235/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a user that has Office 2003 Basic and I need to add PowerPoint 2003. Can I use the Upgrade version of PowerPoint 2003 or do I need to buy the "full" version of PowerPoint 2003? We are running Windows XP, SP3.

A:Adding PowerPoint 2003 to Office 2003 Basic

If you just need a PowerPoint viewer, Microsoft has one available for free hereI would think that the upgrade would look for an existing version, not find one, and therefore not installThis artice should help

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/365739/adding-powerpoint-2003-to-office-2003-basic/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,

I have been using Office 2003 with the serial number from the group licence purchased by my company.

Outlook and Word now tell me every day (!) that my copy is illegal. I have obtained an original CD from my company with it's own serial number.

I would like to install it 'on top of ' the installed version to legalise it. I have backed up the .pst & relevant files on another hard disk.

Can I simply install on top without losing data in my current installation, or do I have to uninstall & reinstall?

Thanks in advance,

HB21.

Relevancy 52.89%

I was living with a relative who had a comcast account. She allowed me to put my email address on that account. Relative moved away, closed the comcast account. I opened up a new comcast account and wanted to transfer my email address from the first account to my new account. How do I do this?

A:transferring email addresses from one Comast account to another comcast account

If the account was closed then the messages are likely gone. Unless you have them stored in an email program on your computer such as Outlook, Live Mail, Outlook Express, Thunderbird, or something similar.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transferring-email-addresses-from-one-comast-account-to-another-comcast-account.1069973/
Relevancy 52.89%

I installed Windows on Christmas Day and I skipped the email account setup parts I never used any APPS yet in fact I removed everything app-related from my start screen including notifications etc I have used the Classic Shell so account up my local Live Setting account email 'destroyed' far but today I thought Setting up Live email account 'destroyed' my local account I'd set up the Live email account login While I was setting up the app account I kept getting emails from the live account manager to confirm what I was doing and I confirmed each one The last thing it Setting up Live email account 'destroyed' my local account asked to 'Trust this PC' I did so and my machine name appeared on my Microsoft account profile page under quot Trusted PC quot But when I restarted I Setting up Live email account 'destroyed' my local account could no longer log in with my local account or the new Live email account I logged in as Administrator and saw that my local account name was changed from my username to lt xxxxxxx yyyyyyyyy com gt my live account ID It would not allow Administrator to change the account name or my password I tried to log in with the email and Live password but it said I could not log in with his PC and that I need to resolve the issue with the live account on-line I had a password reset disk USB drive and I used it It started up the reset wizard and I put back my old password It finished with no error but I still could not log in Finally I logged in as Administrator and restored my Acronis system image from yesterday Then everything was back to normal I have no idea what happened I was very careful doing each of these steps I see a clue though on the Microsoft account page in the Trusted PC area is says quot To add a trusted PC to your account you need to access your account using Internet Explorer and have Windows Live Essentials installed quot I was using Chrome to set this up and I don't have Live Essentials installed There was no indication in the set up that this was required But at any rate it still listed my machine name as trusted so what does that tell you

A:Setting up Live email account 'destroyed' my local account

What exact steps did you take when creating the live account?

Was this a new account? or did you use the switch to a Microsoft account?

I could not tell you what happened.

I have several Local and Live accounts on my system for testing, and I do not have Live Essentials installed
All of my accounts work perfectly. And across PC's, as I have a desktop also setup with a couple of different and same accounts.

It is possible that Chrome caused an issue. and it is possible you need Live Essentials to use chrome properly. I don't know as I forbid Chrome being installed on any of my PC's.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/17310-setting-up-live-email-account-destroyed-my-local-account.html
Relevancy 52.89%

It used to be not connected to any email account but when it updated to 8.1 I chose to get an email address for it, so now as a result, the password has to be 8 characters long and I have to use a PIN number , but that's still 4 characters, and I usually use one character password.

So how do I go back to the normal type of user account to use the 1 character password?

A:My user account changed to an hotmail-email account connec

Local Account - Switch to in Windows 8

Local Account Password - Change or Remove in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/36644-my-user-account-changed-hotmail-email-account-connec.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi all I hope you can help me I was previously working on a -bit Compaq computer that ran Windows XP and I used Microsoft Office Student and Teacher Edition for OFFICE HELP RESOLVE 2003 OFFICE PLEASE AND 2010 CONFLICT my work I bought a new computer a -bit PLEASE HELP RESOLVE OFFICE 2003 AND OFFICE 2010 CONFLICT Dell running Windows Professional which came equipped with Microsoft Office Home and Business Because I prefer the MS Word program on Office to I installed that on my new computer with the proper keycode During setup I chose only to install the old Word -- not the old Outlook Excel or Powerpoint programs Installation was successful The Office files reside in the Programs directory the Office files reside in the PLEASE HELP RESOLVE OFFICE 2003 AND OFFICE 2010 CONFLICT Programs x directory I then instructed Windows to open doc and docx files with the Office Word program The problem is Whenever I choose Word from the PLEASE HELP RESOLVE OFFICE 2003 AND OFFICE 2010 CONFLICT Program menu or click on an actual doc file I receive the msinstall message Please wait while Windows configures Microsoft Office Standard Edition for about ten seconds Then Word opens I checked the Windows Event Viewer which indicates that during this hang either Word or Word is apparently looking for components it can't find Curiously if I navigate directly to the Office folder called OFFICE and double-click directly on the Winword exe file Word comes up immediately It's only when I double-click on an actual file or invoke Word from the Program menu that I get the msintsall configuration message I have currently uninstalled the Word program and the programs are working fine But I'd really like to reinstall Word and have it work properly without the configuration message I hope you can help Two additional notes I just noticed that my Windows folder named c Program Files x Common Files microsoft shared currently has four folders in it named OFFICE OFFICE OFFICE and OFFICE I renamed them all just as an experiment and it doesn t seem to affect anything I have read on other blogs that in order to have both and operate on the same system the program should be installed first I'd like to try to verify that before I go through the long uninstall reinstall process again Many thanks

A:PLEASE HELP RESOLVE OFFICE 2003 AND OFFICE 2010 CONFLICT

When you switch between an Office 2010 program and an older Office program, it goes through that configuring process.  I read somewhere that this is because each version of Office has entries in the registry with the same names but are set differently so it has to go through this little gooney bird dance.  If it's the ribbons (and lack of the menu bar) you don't like in Office 2010, there's a neat little program called Ubitmenu you can download and install that gives you an old style menu bar with most of the Office 2003 features on it.

Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536239/please-help-resolve-office-2003-and-office-2010-conflict/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello Guys,

It might be a not the best question but i was wondering is the Office fonts of 2003 the same/compatible as the 2007???

Many Thanks,

Relevancy 52.89%

Originally, I had Office 2003 installed in my computer, & a trial version of 2007 that had already expired.
Today I installed a full version of Microsoft Office 2007, without removing any of the other two versions from my computer. I realized that it seemed to automatically remove the older version. I`m not bother about it not being there, as I got the new version, but I wonder if this is an automatic uninstalling that Office does, or if the version is still there but I can`t see it, as I would like to remove it properly if it`s still somewhere in my computer.
I checked in Control Panel & the only thing I can see is "Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007", the full version I just installed, & everything that come with it. No 2003 anywhere.
Does this mean 2003 is fully uninstalled?
Thanks a lot!!

A:My office 2003 disappeared after installing office 2007

You can check to see if it is fully uninstalled (I am sure that it is) by going to search and typing the name there. If it is still present, the program will appear.

Worst case scenario, just remanants will remain. Download and use ccleaner. If you run this software, you can be certain that 2003 has gone to software heaven.

If given the option not to use the reg cleaner inculuded in ccleaner take it. I and many others at the forum feel that reg cleaners do more harm than good.

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

http://www.vistax64.com/software/278445-my-office-2003-disappeared-after-installing-office-2007-a.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I m on Windows XP w trial. Office Office 2007 work 2003 won't after SP It Office 2003 won't work after Office 2007 trial. had Office I ve had my computer since Before I installed Office Office worked fine Then I needed for a college class and installed a trial Office worked fine but the MS Word shortcut in my quicklaunch bar pointed to Word still Whenever I d hit it by accident it would try to install Office quot Please wait while Windows Configures Microsoft Office Professional Edition I canceled it on the second screen and it worked anyway The second screen had this Installation Error File not Found A required installation file SKU E CAB could not be found Before I d hit cancel and MS Word would get to working anyway Then I d close it and go into Word I think there was some error message but I don t remember it Now I just uninstalled an Office trial The same thing is happening again but now when I hit cancel it says quot fatal error during installation quot It s a different error message from the one I got last time I really need help here I ve got homework due tomorrow for some online classes and need Word to do it I tried going into control panel gt Add Remove Programs gt Office and clicking change to do the repair thing but it led to the same problem Thanks in advance If you need any more information to help please let me know I can t open any Office items This Windows Installer problem even happens when I try to use the Windows Search At least the Windows search still works or tries to though Okay Microsoft s site says Office Professional w InfoPath relates to SKU E CAB I m still confused Tiny Update I went straight into the Microsoft Office folder in program files and hit the WINWORD EXE from there Word went through the same drama of starting up as it did when was around but it started That Windows installer quot thing popped up like seven times though after the fact it pops up I hit cancel it pops up So what we have is the fact that raw EXEs work with a little prodding and the start menu shortcuts don t Could this be a job for the installer cleanup utility nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-2003-wont-work-after-office-2007-trial.678802/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello,

Just wondering if some of you guys can list some of the problems you guys encountered working with Windows/Mac Office files.. Such as PPT, DOC, XLS etc

Im created a excel sheet with problems that users might encounter when opening files on a Mac office that was created on Windows Office..... Or vise versa..

Thanks guys!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mac-office-04-vs-windows-office-2003-list-problems.827118/
Relevancy 52.89%

My boss wants me to install Office 2003 standard edition on a client's pc that has Office 2007 standard edition already installed on it. I don't know, why but this is what he wants. Are there going to be major issues with installing and using an older version of Office on the same system as Office 2007?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-office-2003-on-pc-with-office-2007-already-installed.639427/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hiya Everyone.

Here is the little problem I have encounted.
This evening, I installed in my computer Microsoft Professional Office suite 2003.I installed all the components, ie, Word, Publisher, powerpoint, excel and access.
All the applications worked immediatley and correctly except, Access. This application will neither open or run ? I have uninstalled it, re-installed twice, but that particular component will not run.
Any advise would be appreciated.

regards,
Tony.

A:Microsoft Office Professional Office Suite 2003

Have you tried downloading Office service pack 2?http://office.microsoft.com/Nice bike, still wish I had my '67Mark

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/104348/microsoft-office-professional-office-suite-2003/
Relevancy 52.89%

Good Day TSG members Just would like to do a bit of sharing about upgrading of office - Currently I am doing an office upgrade for my company and these are some of the problems i encountered Taking this chance to ask for advises as well Several office documents Word Excel Powerpoint images turn upside down when opened in office I have tried searching for solutions to this problems However the closest information i found in in this microsoft white paper regarding office XP http support microsoft com default aspx scid kb EN-US Many of my users who office 2003 office Upgrading suites previous to from migrated from outlook to outlook experinced numerous incidents where their email appears blank when it Upgrading from previous office to office 2003 suites is being sent out to the clients The only information i found regarding this is from the microsoft website http support microsoft com default aspx scid kb en-us amp Product out I have yet to find a solution to this problem as this hotfix came with a price The Microsoft Photo editor is taken away in office and now the users can no longer edit pictures this is a big problems as most of my users find this software useful in simple graphic editing I tried to reinstall the feature from the office cd it does work however the users can no longer print from the photo editor as it keeps crashing when the print command is issued The photo editor is now replaced by a microsoft picture manager which allows the user to see the graphic file However the print function is unavailable on win based system and thus the most of users Who are using win as their os can no longer print pictures unless they rely on inbuilt programs such as Paint or imaging this is an extract from the help file in the picture manager quot Note If you don t see the Print command on the File menu Picture Manager is installed on a Windows -based computer Print functionality in Picture Manager requires the Windows Photo Printing Wizard which is not included in Windows You ll need to print using a different image printing program such as Microsoft Paint quot but it seems impossible to solve such problems And i am starting to be skeptical about the purpose of upgrading of such software I am starting to feel that it is simply a piece of junk Advises anyone nbsp

A:Upgrading from previous office to office 2003 suites

tben said:

Good Day TSG members

but it seems impossible to solve such problems.And i am starting to be skeptical about the purpose of upgrading of such software, I am starting to feel that it is simply,a piece of junk. Advises anyone?Click to expand...

...as though a non-answer is the answer. I am over on techrepublic too and we are sharing some of the same problems.

Thanks for the link to this site! Very interesting...

Warm regards,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-from-previous-office-to-office-2003-suites.252325/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi all.
Is it possible to run MS Office 2003 and MS office 2007 on the same machine.
I teach I.T. and many of my students, as well as the school computer labs have office 2003. For this reason I need 2003 on my machine.
That said I also am seen as the computer guru by fellow collegues, so often find myself sorting out their computer problems or giving advice on how to merge tables in word or create mark shedules in excel. Many of them have 2007, which is very different. Thus running 2007 seems like a good idea.
So is it possible to have both versions running on the same machine?
At this point I am using windows XP - tablet edition.

Relevancy 52.89%

It is possible to open a Word 2003/Excel 2003 document in Word 2007/Excel 2007. But some time we have to work with Word 2007/Excel 2007 files at a PC where Office 2003 is installed. Can it be possible?

A:Office 2007 files opening in Office 2003.

Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-2007-files-opening-in-office-2003.866854/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,

I need an advice. I currently have Office xp 2002 with frontpage installed and got Office 2003.
DoI need to uninstall my Office xp before installing Office 2003? if so how do I save data from my Outlook 2002 and transfer it to Outlook 2003?

Or do I just install it? I'm a newbie on this, good advice is appreciated. Thanks.

A:Installing Office 2003 over Office xp/2002 with frontpage

Im no expert but when I put 2003 after office XP it brought all my addresses with it, but dont delete 2002, thats when I had problems but that might just be me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-office-2003-over-office-xp-2002-with-frontpage.435903/
Relevancy 52.89%

I use now MSOffice 2003 but want to upgrade to the Student version 2010 which comes without Access.
Does the Access from MS Office 2003 work in tandem with MSOffice 2010?

Karl

A:does MS Office 2010 work with Access from Office 2003?

Some information on this in the following links:
Information about how to use Office 2010 suites and programs on a computer that is running another version of Office

Keep earlier versions of Office programs when installing Office 2010 - Excel - Office.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/246923-does-ms-office-2010-work-access-office-2003-a.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello all, the entire Office 2003 suite one day looks old like 2000 or Windows 2000 icons in general.

Does anyone know why this happened and how it could be fixed?

Thanks.

A:Entire Office 2003 suite looks like Office 2000

This had happened to me once but in office 2007. It happened when I tried to open an older file type so It went into compatibility mode, which also changes the layout.

Not sure if its the same thing with office 2003 but go into options, advanced, and see if you can find something like compatibility options or layout.

Anyway if its not their your looking for some kind of option like that so snoop around all the options, views, and windows menus.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/entire-office-2003-suite-looks-like-office-2000.101818/
Relevancy 52.89%

Several months ago, I downloaded the beta version of Office 2007. I decided to remove it and go back to Office 2003. Ever since, I can no longer access Outlook 2003 and I am using the 2002 version. The other Office 2003 functions I am able to use. Also, I am unable to install Office Updates because when I do, Outlook 2002 and Word 2003 lose some functionality and I have to restore.

All suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/uninstalled-office-2007-now-i-have-office-2003-problems.537661/
Relevancy 52.89%

I've an almost new machine that I've installed Office 2007 Home & Student. On my previous machine I had Office 2000 premium installed. Since Home & Student is just Excel and Word I was wondering if I can install Access and Outlook from my old Office 2000 CDs to compliment my Home&Student? I rarely use access and would use outlook only for the calendar so this is low priority for me and I don't want to chance screwing up my Office 2007 for something I'd only use a few times a year unless I've some assurances that it would work. Does anyone have experience doing this or something similar?

A:Office 2007 & Office 2003 curiosity question

Haven't tried it with 2000, but I know it works with 2003.

Courtney sends....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-2007-office-2003-curiosity-question.559476/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have Office 2007 and it seems to me that most tasks require an extra click. Let me explain. In Office 2007 if I want to print I have to click on the office button on the top left and then click print. In Office 2003 there was a print icon on the taskbar that required one click. Is there anyway to setup Office 2007 so that some basic functions (print, save, open, etc.) can be accomplished with one click?

A:Office 2007 - Making It Work Like Office 2003

Hi Hal06.That is the single biggest beef I've heard with 07. I'm still using 03 with the 07 conversion pack, but I think you can add commands to the quick access toolbar manualy.See if this page may be what you're looking for.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/202597/office-2007-making-it-work-like-office-2003/
Relevancy 52.89%

This isn't an upgrade. I bought the full version Office Professional 2003 and would like to install it over what I have now. I had Office 97 and an upgrade CD to Office 2000. Will I lose anything to install Office 2003 over Office 2000? I have WinXP home if that makes a difference.