Windows Support Forum

[SOLVED] Windows XP Pro SP3, problem with domain, user login..

Q: [SOLVED] Windows XP Pro SP3, problem with domain, user login..

Hey guys So it starts like this I wanted to network with domain, user SP3, [SOLVED] Pro XP login.. problem Windows my Win comp to my mums XP pro laptop in order to do this i had to or so i read set the workgroup to the default quot WORKGROUP [SOLVED] Windows XP Pro SP3, problem with domain, user login.. quot on her laptop Now in the system settings it was set on Domain [SOLVED] Windows XP Pro SP3, problem with domain, user login.. with domain name being quot SOUTHCITY quot i went ahead and selected Workgroup and input quot WORKGROUP quot After restarting i could no longer log in using her account or the admin account for that matter safe mode still required me to login so no luck there Created a boot cd changed the admin password I now have admin access and can login using admin account Now i went to undo what i had done in the first place selecting Domain and setting it as SOUTHCITY and i get the error as seen here http filedb experts-exchange com i n-join-err JPG I have a hint that its because the laptop is not connected to the server at school where she normally uses it But if that is the case then why was it working as it was at home maybe its an offline mode idk Either way i cant change it back And also under control panel - user accounts - there are only admin accounts setup and one called quot user quot Even though her account is named otherwise and i can even find her user files under documents and settings folder so why is there no user account showing there Any help would be appreciated let me know if more info is needed

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: [SOLVED] Windows XP Pro SP3, problem with domain, user login..

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: [SOLVED] Windows XP Pro SP3, problem with domain, user login..

Have you tried VNC? RealVNC - Download VNC? Free Edition 4.1
You could then fix mom's computer as well as accessing files. One caveat. Without a VPN it's not secure.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-windows-xp-pro-sp3-problem-with-domain-user-login-604029.html
Relevancy 79.55%

PC was on Windows home version. It was upgraded to Windows Pro but it made us install the anniversity update before we could upgrade.

Joined the computer to the domain with no issue. After reboot we could not log in with the domain user account. Tried other domain accounts too, even domain admin account. It say username or password is incorrect but that is not true.

Tried to unjoin and rejoin to the domain no luck.

Confirmed dns settings on the PC. Using wired connection. Not going through a VPN connection or anything like that.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/cannot-login-to-domain-user-after-domain-join-1159401.html
Relevancy 78.26%

So a new box recently built, when booted, defaults to the local administrator account.

This is a Windows 7 machine for a Linux guru that doesn't want to be bothered pressing more buttons than is necessary, if you get my drift.

So my question is, after pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del...how do I dictate to Windows that the preferred used is "HisDomainAccount" on our company domain, as opposed to the local admin account?

If I'm not being clear, please let me know and I will try to explain a little better.

A:Strange Defult Login User Prompt - Local Admin, Not Domain User

Quote: Originally Posted by Norwood

So a new box recently built, when booted, defaults to the local administrator account.

This is a Windows 7 machine for a Linux guru that doesn't want to be bothered pressing more buttons than is necessary, if you get my drift.

So my question is, after pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del...how do I dictate to Windows that the preferred used is "HisDomainAccount" on our company domain, as opposed to the local admin account?

If I'm not being clear, please let me know and I will try to explain a little better.

The above is a bit confusing. Is this computer joined to a work domain or is it not?

If this is a domain computer, the user will have to use the classic log on screen (Ctrl+Alt+Delete), not the Welcome Screen. If he wants to switch to logging in to the Local computer account and not the domain, he'll have to "Switch User" then log in with the format of Computername\User Name

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/208916-strange-defult-login-user-prompt-local-admin-not-domain-user.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I know you can lock down an AD account user. Lockdown specific machine on to a user domain a login to log into a specific machine but can you lock down a machine to only accept certain user logins We have some mission critical machines that only have the specific rights with certain ID s but the users keep insiting on logging onto them Lockdown user login on a domain machine to a specific user. as their own ID thus making the app not work properly and the machine go whacky I want to set it up to deny logins other than using the specified ID s they have been given already and not their own user accounts Is there any way to do this other than limiting EVERY user account since I only need this limit on like PC s per site I have Thanks for any help yes I know about runas types of solutions I really would like to keep these Lockdown user login on a domain machine to a specific user. PC s as clean as we can and not have other user profiles on them at all TIA nbsp

A:Lockdown user login on a domain machine to a specific user.

So I would assume these computers are attached to the domain, so their domain logins allow them to login to the computer.

Couldn't you use a combination of the local policies
Deny logon locally
Logon Locally

Both of them allow you to add a user or group to those local policy. I would think that if you deny the everyone group in the domain then set the users who are allowed to login in the other policy, that might work. I am not sure though. I would have to test it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lockdown-user-login-on-a-domain-machine-to-a-specific-user.440398/
Relevancy 75.25%

im having a problem withmy uncles computer,i cant login even though i tryed the password.i reinstalled windows xp prof.but it still ask me for a user name and password.it was a business computer so maybe it was on a domain.he tryed the password it had but its not working anymore.in the setting he changed it from a business computer to a home computer.then jus turned it off.after that he cant login.anyone know the problem?????????

Relevancy 74.82%

Hi,

I've just upgraded to 8.1.

I was always able to login as a different user and use my work network user credentials i.e. workgroup\username. On this version I can do this. I can only add users once logged in and switch between them on the login screen.

This version doesn't show the 'login with different user' link. I've looked around the settings, but haven't had any luck with getting it to appear on the login screen.

Any advise on this would be very welcome.

Cheers.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/50866-cant-login-domain-user.html
Relevancy 74.82%

In my organization we have migrated our windows 7 machines to Active Directory domain.

Ideally we should login to Windows 7 Machine with Domain\username

But at present We are able to login to Windows 7 machine by providing any domain name i.e. abc\username or xyz\username with valid username and password.

Is there any solution which allows user only to login by providing valid domain name. If user enters abc or xyz as domain name, error message should be displayed.

Thanks,
Ashish

A:Login with Domain User name

Welcome to Seven Forums,

See if this Articles helps by forcing a User to logon do a specific domain.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/353127-login-domain-user-name.html
Relevancy 73.1%

hi,
I am not able to login as a domain user . it will show error message "could not able to start user profile service". please help me on this.
regards
Shivakumar

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/domain-user-login-error-on-win764-bit.1026227/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi all,

I'm experiencing an issue with a work station that I cant seem to find a work around for. Typically in a domain environment you would have a log in screen with the user's full name (John A. Doe) with their username below it in smaller font (local\jdoe) as I'm sure most of us are familiar with.

I recently removed a machine from our domain, but on reboot I'm not able to login with any local accounts. Looks like something funky as I'm only seeing the full name of the last user (John A. Doe) and no arrow to allow for the "Other Users" option.

I've tried using the password for the last user that signed on but no luck there. Can anyone point me in the direction as to how to get over this hump.

Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/75314-no-local-user-login-after-removal-domain.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi! All! I have a problem which is so strange. I have one domain user which is roaming profile, but when he log in to computer, it always show temporary profile, I try to check his profile in regedit,but I don't see any *.bak file. I ask him to change to other pc, but the result still the same. Later, I try to remove his account from roaming to regular account, the still temporary profile. What can I do to solve this problem?Note:- he try to log in to OS such as Windows 7,XP, but the still the same.- The PC that u log in has a large space to log in.

A:user domain login always temporary profile

I've seen this before when a profile's registry hive was corrupted. If you're sure the PC(s) the user is logging in to is fine and the involved ACLs are fine, delete/rename the profile off the store and have the user log in again. When they confirm they're no longer getting a temporary profile, restore their profile to a point before this started happening. How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/user-domain-login-always-temporary-profile/19510.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello All New to the forum and my first post I have been banging my User login remembering not & settings Domain desktop head against my computer for a few days now trying to figure this out Heres what works I have Win running on Bootcamp on a MacBook Pro I login using the login it made me create during install Once logged in I Domain User login not remembering desktop & settings added it to the domain successfully Now when I use my domain login domain login password it logs Domain User login not remembering desktop & settings me on and sets up a new desktop for me All of Domain User login not remembering desktop & settings my network drives are mapped and outlook can be configured with my domain user's exchange email account Heres what doesnt work After logging off and logging back on Win remembers the last login with domain and everything it sets up a fresh dektop and doesnt remember that I set everything up Things of note domain user has been added as a local administrator still didnt work I have noticed that the domain user quot Profile quot is set to 'Temp' and I cant seem to change it ANy help would be appreciated Thanks

A:Domain User login not remembering desktop & settings

Are you using roaming profiles on your network?

If so I suspect there is a problem accessing the profile on the server it is stored on and thus you are being logged on with a Temporary profile.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/46568-domain-user-login-not-remembering-desktop-settings.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Here are the steps I took Please tell me if I should have done differently On the server end add the user and computer to the domain in advance Fresh install windows and make the first username Admin Once at desktop rename PC to match PC name on domain i e Workstation Add computer to mydomain local and when asked for username and password I entered the credentials for the new user Restarted the PC and signed into mydomain newuser without any problems However now when I try to access the original local Admin account by typing 'Workstation local Admin' as the username and adding domain Can't as a computer user to after login a local then the password It keeps saying password invalid So I logged back into the domain account and tried resetting the password to Admin and then tried signing in as admin again still no luck Currently there are accounts on the computer one of them is a local domain account for newuser and the other is a local Admin account which I cannot Can't login as local user after adding a computer to a domain access What kind of glitch is this Should I have not joined the domain through the original Admin account and instead added a local user to the PC 'newuser' and then sign in as that user locally then add them to the domain through their own local account I didn't think this was necessary

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/52384-cant-login-local-user-after-adding-computer-domain.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I have a domain setup at home, and after joining a PC to the domain and migrating profiles to the domain profiles, the login screen account list only shows one user (the last to login) and Other User.

I have already used the method in this thread:
Help with multiple users login screen!

The PC now goes straight to the list of users, however only the last domain user is shown. If I log into another and then log out of that, the user list now shows the new user and Other User, but not the previous. It's rather annoying for my wife and I to constantly have to type our domain user name just to login. I searched and didn't see anything about this. Any ideas?

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/49076-login-screen-account-list-only-shows-last-domain-user.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi All, I'm trying to set up network security at our office. I am doing this via 802.1x / 802.3 wired authentication. I want to have all users authentication on my thin clients to have specific vlans and dACLs applied. This means that a user has to domain logon to the thin client itself. Historically we have been using ThinPro 5.1 images. Is it possible to do a domain logon on ThinPro ? I don't know. Right now the devices autologin as "user". I see no place to add user and the login window during startup pops up and dissapears nearly instantly. If I cannot do this via ThinPro, can I easily move my fleet OS from ThinPro to WES (whatever version)? What are the unknowns with a move like this? Can I use device manager to do this? Do I need special licensing? Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/t520-Thin-Clients-Domain-User-login-and-802-1x-802-3/td-p/5715033
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello,
it's weird but I can't change the password of a domain user when I'm logged on a domain pc with Windows 8.

I'm sure that the password mets the requirements (I also tested here https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/security/pc-security/password-checker.aspx ), in fact if I change it from a domain controller I can do it without any problem.

But if I try to set the same on Win 8 I can't, the system tell me that the password doesn't meet the minimum requirements.
I also examined the event viewer but seems that the system didn't record any event related to.

Some suggestion about to solve it?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/59fc8bb0-bc04-4ff8-a0bc-f9eed99bb060/problem-changing-domain-user-password-on-windows-8?forum=w8itprosecurity
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello all We have Windows Server on servers windows xp on clients protected by a watchguard firebox x VPN users authenticate to Firebox not AD I am trying to setup pptp-vpn on a new laptop which has Windows Pro Here is what happens I go outside the office login to Windows laptop with the domain username and password Then I fire up PPTP-VPN login with the vpn username password leaving domain blank VPN Login goes through fine I can see and ping servers by name and by IP However when I try to browse to the network drives it says username not found I tried logging in with a different VPN username still the same thing Not only that but since that vpn username matched a username on the domain it actually locked that login login Windows PPTP-VPN is domain overwriting domain not VPN username out after a few clicks group policy for domain users is set to times the wrong PPTP-VPN login is overwriting Windows domain login password locks the account So somehow when I connect via PPTP-VPN on a Windows laptop the PPTP login overwrites the windows login PPTP PPTP-VPN login is overwriting Windows domain login connection is setup with domain blank and the box quot Use windows domain login quot unchecked The same PPTP-VPN on a Windows XP laptop works fine does not have that issue Any thoughts would be appreciated

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c8540dff-99a6-4b29-a3ac-47f5b6dcbb06/pptpvpn-login-is-overwriting-windows-domain-login?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 65.79%

Does anyone know if there is a way to track who has logged onto a computer running Windows XP?

Relevancy 65.36%

I have hide all of my administrator account from login screen on windows7 by editing registry entry "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SOFTWARE \Microsoft \Windows NT \CurrentVersion \Winlogon\SpecialAccounts". Now I have only one power user account. I can't
login with admnistrative account because there is no switch user button on login screen. Even if I click on switch user button from start menu this will load the login screen with the power user and I don't have any option to change the username.

How can I get rid from this?

A:Windows 7 login screen switch user button problem

Hi,
I see two choices:
-by safe mode (pressing F8 before  windows load), you should be able to modify your regkey
-by right click maintening "shift" key on regedit then "run as different user" you should be able to enter your other credentials

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9002ccce-8f0f-434a-b55c-f44323d61c9f/windows-7-login-screen-switch-user-button-problem?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 64.93%

My ex's PC has Windows7 on it and she put on a 2nd account.

Now when it boots up, the computer requires the person to type in the USER name. (even if there is no password).

Where is the switch to show a USER ICON to select and then type in a password (if needed).

Relevancy 64.93%

I have a domain user who's machine keeps creating a new profile named username.domain name (example: joan smith.ABC ) when she logs in.

I tried deleting the new profile (joan smith.ABC) but when she logged in again it created the file again. It doesn't want to look at the old profile (joan smith).

I tried copying her desktop, favorites, and documents to the new profile, deleting the old one and remaining the new one just her username but it created another new one.

A:Solved: Windows XP creates a new user profile on login.

Found this on another board and it seems to have fixed it.

Login as administrator. When your creating a new profile because an old one is corrupt, rename the old profile to userbackup (or whatever) to a backup location. Then delete every profile for that user on the computer. Have the user log back in log back out. This will create their new profile location in My Documents and Settings. According to Microsoft you can import the whole folder that you backed up into the new profile except for three files:

• Ntuser.dat
• Ntuser.dat.log
• Ntuser.ini

Make sure these files are not copied to the new profile or you will have the same corrupt profile problem again.

Additionally to clear up any misconceptions about how the user profile creation works read the following...

1. User logs in.
2. A new folder for their profile is created based on their login name.
3. That user's SID (Security ID; unique to that users account) is recorded in the registry, along with the path of where that users profile is stored.
4. If the users profile for example, USER, is already taken it will create USER.DOMAIN, where domain is the domain you are connected to.
5. If USER.DOMAIN is already being used, it will create a new profile called USER.DOMAIN.000 and so on.
It is important to check the registry path for that user also after you have changed recreated their profile so that it is pointing to the right place, as sometimes this does not change when they login and a new profile is created.

It can be found at:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList

That is where the SID's are stored in the registry. There is a key in there for each SID called ProfileImagePath where it will show you where that profile is stored on the computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-xp-creates-a-new-user-profile-on-login.701676/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi There

i have weird pb .

i created a new user(user:George.P) in Active Directory (srv 2003 R2)and i logged in normally the first time from computer to Domain as George.P

but after 4 days I couldn?t login (error message:wrong password or wrong user)then I changed the password in server and I tried to login but I logged in after 5 times typing password

Sometimes I login in the first time when I type the password ,some times I after 6 times and sometimes I can not login for hat I restart computer after that I logged in

And sometimes even I restart computer I can not loggin in that time I unplug the cable(data cable)and restart then I logged in absolutely

Pls let me know if you have any idea about what is pb I have

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/domain-login-problem-219916.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I am experiencing issues with my small domain setup. Windows Server 2012 R2 and windows 10 PRO domain attached PC's

Any users who are not a member of the Administrators group cannot login with their domain account (A device attached to the system is not functioning.) or access their file shares (invalid folder) even if they have been granted access to the file-shares.
However if I add them to the administrators group everything works fine with no issues.
I have not made any changes to group policy recently and have no idea what has changed to stop regular users from being able to do anything.

It is strange because there is nothing wrong with devices attached to the PC and the folders are definitely valid. It is all dependent on which account is trying to access.
Please let me know if you need further info.

-Lawrence

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d77b4182-ea9c-48cc-ac1d-5d3e46454e10/quota-device-attached-to-the-system-is-not-functioningquot-if-trying-to-login-with-a-domain-user?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 64.93%

Laptops on Windows Pro seems to show this useless quot Other User quot option which is defaulted This requires people to the (Domain What on is purpose User" "Other of the Env) screen login click quot Local or domain account password quot in the lower left in order to be presented with fields for their username and password Is there a way to eliminate quot Other User quot or at least have the system present username and password fields under this option My desktop on Windows Pro seems to show username and password fields under the quot Other User quot text much like it does in this how to Sign in Screen - Do Not Display User Name in Windows - Windows Forums Not sure what makes a laptop different or how I can make the behavior match The only special options we What is the purpose of "Other User" on the login screen (Domain Env) have configured via Group Policies are these Default Domain GPO elements regarding What is the purpose of "Other User" on the login screen (Domain Env) login Computer gt Windows gt Security gt Security Options gt Local Policies Interactive Logon Do not display last user name - What is the purpose of "Other User" on the login screen (Domain Env) Enabled Interactive Logon Message text for users attempting to log on - Defined with our AUP Disclaimer Interactive Logon Message title for users attempting to log on - Defined with our company name Computer gt Administrative Templates gt System gt Logon Assign a default domain for logon - Enabled and defined with our domain name Always wait for the network and computer startup and logon - Enabled Hide entry points for Fast User Switching - Enabled via local policy because I am testing if this makes a difference or not I noticed I need to have quot Hide entry points for fast user switching quot enabled in Windows so on a reboot it does not show the last user name when trying to log in

A:What is the purpose of "Other User" on the login screen (Domain Env)

This is not exclusively a Windows 10 issue. It used to happen in earlier versions as well.
Check here: Group Policy \Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Logon\Exclude credential providers
Disable the MS account credential provider (you need to check which entry it is).

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/24405-what-purpose-other-user-login-screen-domain-env.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I dunno if this is where this should be given Problem Domain/Workgroup/Login the circumstances Ok I have a laptop thats part of the many domains linked to my IT school In other words I m an Admin as well as t he techies at my school the ppl that gave me the laptop and my instructor which allows me to use their internet access and the like It Runs on XP RedHat Linux and Dos now I was trying to network it to my PC at home with a crossover cable using this tutorial I found on google one of the step said to make sure both computers had the same workgroup name thereofore I had to go into my comp properties gt computer name gt change name Domain/Workgroup/Login Problem and change it from domain to whatever workgroup I wanted to name it hahaha nice one my dumbass did that not realizing how stupid it was so Domain/Workgroup/Login Problem basically when prompted to restart I did and now I can t log on because I m not Domain/Workgroup/Login Problem on the quot right domain quot which is no domain cause the laptop is on a workgroup due to my stupidity So does anyone have an idea of how I can fix this I can still use Dos and Linux even though I haven t learnt how to use any of them yet - hence the course I about to take but wouldn t know what to do so any help would be ok And if I can get this fixed can anyone explain how I can share some files from my PC to my laptop with out f up as much as I already have especially cause I start school tomorrow and really need this to work lol - LeShaun nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

I have a problem, I get to the Windows login that says to sign in but on the right there is not a user name it is just blank. Can anyone tell me what to do. This does this in Safe mode as well. I click ctrl. alt. del and a user login box comes up but still will not take password. This is a Windows XP Home SP2. Very strange. Thanks....

A:Can't login Windows XP Home Login page missing user names

This happened to me one time, I think it's a corrupt profile. I really don't remember how I solved it.

Do you use XP's System Restore? That would be my first idea.

Best suggestion that I can think of is to run chkdsk /r or the equivalent and see if that helps.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/191067/cant-login-windows-xp-home-login-page-missing-user-names/
Relevancy 63.64%

I recently reinstalled Windows on my computer in an attempt to rid it of various problems.

Everything seems to work fine until I get to the logon screen. It asks for passwords for the user accounts that I have set up, but I did not specify any passwords.

'The system cannot log you on due to the following error:

The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.

Please try again or consult your system administrator.'

I've tried starting it up in Safe Mode but it won't let me

A:Login problem: 'The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted'

I have exactly the same problem with a client's Dell laptop running XP Pro, which was never on a network and never had a login passsword. But after doing a repair-install to fix some problems, it boots up with a login screen, asking for a password. Anything (or nothing) entered will return this message. I have the ophcrack stand-along password finder, and it says the required password is "empty" - meaning, either the word empty or there is no password. Tried both interpretations, no luck. Another repair-install did not fix, either. Client has over 20 Gb on hard drive, no backupm so a clean install is out. Client and yours truly are both running out of both options and patience. Actually, I ran out of patience with Windows years ago, especially with its "security" features.

Somebody post a real solution, or at least an explanation. Others seem to have this happen.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/login-problem-the-specified-domain-either-does-not-exist-or-could-not-be-contacted-288823.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I recently reinstalled Windows on my computer in an attempt to rid it of various problems. I've now installed a clean copy of it over three times because I keep getting the same problem that doesn't allow me to log on.

Everything seems to work fine until I get to the logon screen. It asks for passwords for the user accounts that I have set up, but I did not specify any passwords. I've tried using loginrecovery.com, and the results showed that all the passwords were '[BLANK]', but not entering a password (or entering anything at all) gives the message:

I've tried starting it up in Safe Mode, but exactly the same thing happens. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Login problem: 'The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted'

Hi, Have you tried booting in safe mode, pressing ctrl + Alt + Delete twice quickly and tried logging in by typing the username Administrator with a blank password?

What Version of XP do you have?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/login-problem-the-specified-domain-either-does-not-exist-or-could-not-be-contacted-266157.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hey TSGs I have a client that cannot login to the domain I can t login as domain administrator as well The following error message results quot Windows cannot connect to the domain either because the domain controller is down or otherwise unavailable or because your computer account was not found quot I have been able to work around the problem by unplugging the network card and logging in After it logs in I can plug it back in and everything works normally I can ping the DC access network drives and the DC assigns the correct IP according to the reservations Cannot to login Solved: domain controller? Of course if the user logs out It will not log back in I will have to unplug it again The user s pc was a hand-me-down from another department so I am unsure whether something has been changed or not The client is running XP pro sp the DC is Windows Server The client is DHCP enabled Solved: Cannot login to domain controller? with autoconfig Somebody please help me determine Solved: Cannot login to domain controller? what could be causing this Thanks for your time Lesso nbsp

A:Solved: Cannot login to domain controller?

Need to dis-join that machine from th domain and then re join it. Make sure that the computer account in AD(Just to double check, it is most likely gone already) is removed also. You are logging in with cached credentials when you disconnect the cable, when you plug it in the DC cannot find the machine in AD.
To Dis-join it remove the cable and login with the admin credentials and then goto the systems properties>computer name.

Add it to a work group doesnt matter what one, then when prompted to enter user name and password with authority to complete the action leave it blank and press enter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-login-to-domain-controller.620945/
Relevancy 63.21%

I was having an IP conflict with another workstation Login Solved: Domain Problems in our office so I decided to set a static IP address on one of the workstations to solve the problem I added the ip address I wanted to set and Solved: Domain Login Problems when I set the DNS info I inadvertantly used the DNS servers for comcast and forgot to include the dns info for the domain server I Solved: Domain Login Problems rebooted the machine and now I cannot log into the domain which means I cannot log in to get to the settings and fix them I can log in locally but that doesn t allow me to change the net adapter Solved: Domain Login Problems settings I am lost here and don t know how to correct this problem I do not have access to the server in the office and no one else seems to know how to log into the server The person that set up the server has stopped servicing us long ago I can see that we are going to have to get an expert in here to straighten this mess out but for now I was hoping that someone had some insight into how I might get this workstation back up and running Is there any way to get to the settings for the adapter from safe mode The server and workstation are both running windows the workstation is windows but I am not sure what flavor of windows is on the server nbsp

A:Solved: Domain Login Problems

I'm sorry but there are too many red flags on this for us to get involved. You will need to get someone in to work it out for you.

Since we can't assistance I'm closing this thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-domain-login-problems.1150886/
Relevancy 62.78%

I have a situation where we are bringing up a new Windows 2012 R2 Essentials server on an existing Windows 2011 SBS domain where no AD has been setup.
 There are only 5 computers that will be connecting to this new server - those computers are currently connecting to another domain.  My question - on the 5 computers, can I create a create a local account > copy all the data from the domain account
to the new local account then join the new domain?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f0655a70-d8b4-4967-80ca-f16c1be592de/can-windows-7-pro-login-to-more-than-one-domain?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 62.35%

I was in a doctors office the other day helping out with some computer issue's and noticed some strange things I couldn't find an answer to. There are four computers on this domain, all running XP. Two out of the four computers take about 1 min to login. It sits at the "applying your personal settings" screen. While the others take about 5-8 secs. If I unplug the ethernet from the slow loading computers then it loads up real quick. So I know it has something to do with the domain or DNS or something. But I'm confused about the others loading quick with no problems. Any idea's?

A:Solved: Domain login, some computers slower than others

Nm, I figured it out... it was a DNS thing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-domain-login-some-computers-slower-than-others.452227/
Relevancy 61.92%

When I login to windows (7, Ultimate x64) on most profiles (created a new one, affected, logged into my admin account, 1 of 2 user accounts, a clean one for lightweight surfing with no load time for all 3rd party s/w) and my monitor goes from extended (blank) (1920x1080) to ... looking like it has a FAT black border (on secondary monitor).

Also some issues with network adapter connecting and mounted volumes attaching (instead of being instantaneous they take minutes) event viewer doesn't mention anything significant... any ideas?

Interestingly, I can't open Intel's CPanel (desktop context > Graphics Properties) (gfxui.exe) on other profiles.. will get details

A:User Profile Corruption/RegIssues? How to monitor windows (user login)

Sounds to me like something in one or more of the user profiles has gotten corrupted. you might have to delete one or more user accounts and then re create those accounts which should hopefully fix the corruption issue. I know u might not want to do that; but at this point i dont see any other choice to fix the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/325836-user-profile-corruption-regissues-how-monitor-windows-user-login.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi all..

This is Fiz from Pakistan. I want to know if there is something which I can use to have Windows Login Screen as my computer is on Domain and as far as I know when you are connected to a domain, you can't use the Windows Login Screen. It always uses the Windows Classic Login Screen.

Please help. Thanks. Regards.

Bye.

A:Using Windows XP Login Screen when on Domain

i don't think so, if your computer is on a domain, it's controlled by the domain controller unless you have the right to edit it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-windows-xp-login-screen-when-on-domain.1036015/
Relevancy 61.92%

The Windows 7 Pro Domain login screen is completely differrent from the XP one ( where you press cntl-alt-del )

Anyone know if it is possible to revert to the XP login screen?

A:Windows 7 Domain Login screen

Firstly.. why would you want to?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-domain-login-screen-499084.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello.
When I want Login to my Windows 7 via Active Directory username and password, I got below error :

What is problem?

Tnx.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/81da095b-229c-46ff-b521-fd6a72e69d9c/i-cant-login-to-windows-in-a-domain-network?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi All,
A very happy new year to you all...

i wish as always i get the answer for my query,

My problem is i want to know how can i change the login screen on a member PC ( which is running with Windows7 professional) as like how it was for XP or for Windows Vista,

Now everytime after shutting down the PC, the users are required to put their complete domain/username, which is realy causing me problem, as all the users cannot remember the actual way to login to the domain, so can we shift the screen into where your only need to putin their username and password,

now the user is promted to put domainmane/username

and password,

i want it to be username and password as simple as like previous OS

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-login-screen-in-domain.891475/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi,

We have downloaded Windows 10 pro and have added it to our work domain. Restarted the laptop Lenovo Yoga 710 and have tried logging into it with domain accounts and receive an error message which says "username or password invalid".
It is connected to the work domain with our internal wireless, when adding it to the domain the windows prompt asked me for domain admin credentials, which it accepted and added the laptop to the domain

We have re-installed windows 10 pro and have gone through the setup process of adding it to the domain, still the same outcome.

Any ideas why this is not working?

Please help as I have been stuck on this for about a day now and it is really silly as all our other laptops, desktops and tablets surface pros work on windows 7 & 8 and all when added to the domain allow us to login fine with domain credentials.

Thank you
Gavin

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/64317-windows-10-domain-login-not-working.html
Relevancy 61.92%

This laptop (1 year old with Win XP Pro) was set up to use a specific domain login for a large client/server network. It is now being used in a different location with a small peer to peer network which uses simple file and printer sharing. The forced domain login throws a wrench into trying to share files and a printer in the new P2P workgroup. Even tried using the domain name as the workgroup name. The PCs on the P2P are recognized by names but you cannot do any browsing. Simply. . . how the heck do you remove the domain login configuration from the system (it will not be used in the domain any more). I thought this would be an easy task, but apparently not. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Please just let me know if you need any more info.

Relevancy 61.49%

Friend of family had a stroke can't remember user password It happens I'm an old ex network admin so pretty savy here yet Totally stumped short of spending money to buy Cannot windows login to User 7 get Login past something Here is what I've tried to do to get to the command prompt so I can run net user to enable the administrator login which is defaulted as disabled on Of course she never made up any backup image disks or anything duh who does On boot up pressed F to get to command prompt with safe mode That works when selected option given here still boots up to the user name login So I can't get to the command prompt Tried the other safe mode options with same result Toshiba also has a F boot option same result Started windows when it was loading I shut it down with Power On button restarted repair mode to get to command prompt cancelling the repair when it starts but can't get to command prompt this way either Tried my Windows disk but still loads and comes up to user login so I can't enable the administrator option I think she has windows 7 Login Cannot get to past User login this locked down pretty good nothing in the BIOS to secure the user access I have a bootable Flash drive but it will not work on this Toshiba Satelite laptop will not boot as there is no option in BIOS to enable it I tried with a bootable CD disk and it boots up but I still go to the user login like above Would like to help her out I doubt she'll be working again and is only in her late 's Doing this for no compensation of course as friend of family Any ideas step by steps that might work Short of that any low cost software boot apps to get me to a command prompt so I can reset her user password or enable the administrator login Post here or drop me an email from profile I need to fill that out here shortly Thanks Much New

A:windows 7 Login Cannot get to past User login

On the bottom lefts of the login screen click on a blue button with a spiral inside, it should open the cmd.
Run this command:

Code:
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\sethc.exe" /v Debugger /t
REG_SZ /d "C:\windows\system32\cmd.exe"
Hit enter and wait then run this command:

Code:
net user [user_name] [new_password]
[user_name] is your Username and [new_password] is the password you will use to login

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/355449-windows-7-login-cannot-get-past-user-login.html
Relevancy 61.06%

i have a user that apparently setup onedrive on their laptop. I moved the laptop to a new domain & gave it a different username.

the user does not remember any of the onedrive login info.

how does onedrive setup login info ?

does it use a specific domain name by default ?
does it use the computer or user name by default ?

how in the world can i figure out what the user may have made it onedrive login info ?

A:windows 8.1 onedrive login (what email domain does it use ?)

On 8.1 it uses the username and password that the user logs into the computer with.

https://hardforum.com/threads/windows-8-1-onedrive-login-what-email-domain-does-it-use.1898524/
Relevancy 61.06%

Good evening from Graz,

i have quite a strange problem on my personal pc since the last few days. I cannot login to my useraccount(which has a transparent picture at the logon screen since a few days).
I have just one workarround: if i login with my adminaccount and logoff, the userpicture of my privateaccount appears again and the login is possible.

What could this problem be related to?

greetings
Nico Müller

A:Solved: Windows 7 User Account Problem(Transparent User Picture)

Good morning,

solved it. Disabled the admin account, and removed the pw of my useraccount.
Kind a strange problem indeed, but seems to be solved.

Thanks anyway,
Nico

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-user-account-problem-transparent-user-picture.946560/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello Currently we are in the middle of a migration project We are migrating users from child domains to the root domain of one organization The user accounts are migrated with powershell using nbsp Move-ADObject cmdlet This works as expected The SIDHistory attribute is updated correctly Recently we received complaints from some migrated users - they lost their default custom file associations This happens only on Windows Windows What happens the user is migrated and logs onher profile loads and everything's preserved as expected the user clicks on a jpeg file previously associated with program XYZ OS asks the user to choose a program to open the file withthe user chooses a default program XYZ and the file openswhen the user clicks on a jpeg file again - OS asks to choose another account domain are when domain changes) user to associations one File lost (SID migrated is from a program again i e the settings are not preserved Our investigation shows that it is connected with the UserChoice registry key and the HASH value under nbsp HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer FileExts SomeExt According to nbsp this blog nbsp the HASH is calculated based on user's SID But after the migration the user has new SID and the HASH becomes invalid File associations are lost when user account is migrated from one domain to another domain (SID changes) and we hit this quot However In Win the registry changes are verified by a hash unique File associations are lost when user account is migrated from one domain to another domain (SID changes) per user and app nbsp that detects tampering by apps nbsp In the absence of a valid hash we ignore the default in the registry quot Currently deleting the UserChoice key for all associations solves the problem But the user has to make all her nbsp customizations again which is undesirable Is there any supported way to fix this Why the OS doesn't update the HASH after the first logon when the SID has changed as it updates the SID for the nbsp ProfileList key nbsp This could become big issue in large migrations

A:File associations are lost when user account is migrated from one domain to another domain (SID changes)

Hello Petar K. Georgiev,
Please check the following article to change the registry key to change back to the default file type associations.
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/19449-default-file-type-associations-restore.html
Please note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.
Best regards,
Fangzhou CHENPlease remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact [email protected]

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9eeee700-5358-46b8-9c5c-3452045b5159/file-associations-are-lost-when-user-account-is-migrated-from-one-domain-to-another-domain-sid?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi all,

I have a user on our domain who is always unable to log into his PC after it gets locked. If he reboots he is then able to log in normally with exactly the same password.

He is also able to log onto the PC when it is not connected to the network so the cached credentials are not a problem.

Any ideas?

A:[SOLVED] DOmain user can't log in after locking PC

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

First thing is to find out why they are getting blocked. I'd recommend a password change first to make sure that a device like a phone isn't using the wrong password.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-domain-user-cant-log-in-after-locking-pc-978450.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi All,

I'm having an issue here at work with the laptops used by workers to take out of the office. As far as I remember, windows has cached the logins for all users on the laptop so long as they have logged into the domain while connected to the network at least once.

It appears that now, windows is only remembering the most recent login - all other users will receive a "There are no logon servers available to service the logon request"

If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

A:Windows 7 only caches one Login when disconnected from network/domain

By default all Windows computers should store 10 cached logins. Please check and possible change the value to a higher one and test to see if the issue is resolved - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/172931

If you have many machines then you may wish to push any changes that you make through a startup script using group policy

Hope this helps,
Josh!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/297583-windows-7-only-caches-one-login-when-disconnected-network-domain.html
Relevancy 60.2%

With the demise of a Primary Domain Controller, I'm replacing the server with a simpler Vista/Win7 power workstation to act as a peer file server. Right now, the three existing workstations are still logging into a Windows domain, but I'll need to change it for them to log into windows and be a part of a workgroup.

I know there's a way to maintain settings, desktop, my-documents, etc, but it always seems I create the same userid on the local workstation, it re-creates everything and all the existing files, outlook, desktop are all under a different user in /documents and settings

It can't be that complicated. Is there a step by step procedure for migrating a user from a domain to a local user & workgroup while keeping everything the same?

Relevancy 59.77%

I've setup a windows dual boot system with Windows XP professional and Windows professional x on a Dell Optiplex The windows XP was installed on an GB K disk and the windows professional x partition was setup on an Intel SSD drive Both installations were done from scratch no imaging Right now The system running windows professional x on the SSD is having problems connecting to my Domain controllers Windows server x sp - fully patched When I first did the install of the operating system and was doing the software installation from our network I didn't have any problems However After setting up the system for our Developer and moving it about feet down the hall this windows system has a problem logging on to our network The error message I get after trying to login is is Unknown logon Error I have tried different network cards a completely different network port updating drivers and none of this has resolved my issue I have removed the system from the domain and re-added it and this worked for roughly - hours Then the developer mentioned they were having the same login problems as before This issue occurs Controller 7 connecting Unknown Windows to Error Login Domain with the developers credentials as well as a the credentials from a Domain Administrator The XP system and windows system are named similarly but they are still different Both systems are using the same dns servers Currently I don't see Windows 7 connecting to Domain Controller Unknown Login Error any error messages on either my domain controller or the windows system If Windows 7 connecting to Domain Controller Unknown Login Error I trick the computer into using cached credentials I can login to the Windows system After connecting the network cable I'm able to ping the domain controllers do a nslookup of our domain and get Windows 7 connecting to Domain Controller Unknown Login Error to the Sysvol folders on the domain controllers After restarting the system Sometimes it I can login without using the cached credentials but more often then not it cannot Any ideas on how to get this Windows system to work properly within our domain The windows XP system doesn't have any problems It is able to login without issue I have done a similar setup to the one listed above but the windows partition is on another K drive not an SSD This one doesn't have any problems Thank you for your help

A:Windows 7 connecting to Domain Controller Unknown Login Error

Have you tried working with the lanman server perimeters in the GPO of the Windows 7 machines?

In order for Windows 7 to work with older servers you usually need to adjust the lanman server security settings.

The following settings may help.

Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Local Security Policy

Local Policies - Security Options

Network security: LAN Manager authentication level
Set to Send LM & NTLM responses only

Set the Minimum session security for NTLM SSP
Disable Require 128-bit encryption

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/257295-windows-7-connecting-domain-controller-unknown-login-error.html
Relevancy 59.34%

computer won't let me log on saying.user name and domain not correct...this happened some time ago...think admin was,mentioned.please help

A:won't let me log on windows xp.user domain not correct

Is this your own/home computer or one at work? If the latter then contact your Admin chaps/chapesses.If it's your own/home computer - are you actually using a domain system; very unlikely to be on a domain at home??

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/wont-let-me-log-on-windows-xpuser-domain-not-correct/203150.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I've had several issues after installing my Windows 8.1 64 bit.... I tried installing my motherboard drivers shortly after upgrading my Windows OS and lost connection to the internet. I tried reinstalling the drivers and got stuck in this infinite loop of the BIOS... then I got stuck in an infinite loop of reinstalling/refreshing my PC from the Windows install disk... I finally was able to go into Regedit and delete a bunch of things and now finally I am able to get to the login user screen but my original login doesn't appear. I don't know how to login ... my original user name and password doesn't work.... i need help

A:Other user login Windows 8.1 - Cannot login

nevermind... i reinstalled windows 8.1 and started from scratch... this is a nightmare

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/62102-other-user-login-windows-8-1-cannot-login.html
Relevancy 59.34%

We have a single domain environment with Windows 7 64bit clients. Some of our users have to "CLICK INTO THE PASSWORD FIELD" after they hit ctrl-alt-delete when they login.

Is there a way to save users the step of having to click into the Password Field before they enter their password?

(The devil's in the details.)

Thanks in advance for any help!

A:Windows 7 Domain Login Screen - Automatically Select Password Field

Hitting the tab key also switches to the password field.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/329943-windows-7-domain-login-screen-automatically-select-password-field.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi everyone I'd like to run something past you all if I may I work in the IT Support department of a Further Education College in the UK and for the past few months we've experienced a weird problem with a specific user's PC in that it will randomly shutdown It's a real head-scratcher and I would Random 32-bit. shutdown, domain Windows 7 user, love some input from some fresh eyes Here's the scenario She logs in on a morning fine and can be logged in for hours before her computer goes through its shutdown process displaying the default Windows quot Shutting Down quot Random shutdown, domain user, Windows 7 32-bit. screen with the pretty flowers to the right She boots it back up and can be working away for a Random shutdown, domain user, Windows 7 32-bit. few minutes and it will shutdown again the next time a few Random shutdown, domain user, Windows 7 32-bit. minutes or hours It's very random Here's what I've done so far - Checked the Event Viewer and found nothing untoward - Changed the RAM - no change - Changed the hard drive - no change - Changed her WHOLE PC for a new one - no change - Changed her PC name in case it had something to do with that - no change - We did have some software called Impero installed on her PC which was capable of taking remote control starting the PC up shutting it down etc etc so I removed this - no change - I read on a gaming forum that some people have experienced this problem with certain keyboard In her case she was using an Apple keyboard so I changed this for a standard Microsoft keyboard - no change I thought maybe it was something to do with her network account and thought about changing her username in case she was being targeted somehow - she uses a laptop on the same network same username etc and this works fine and doesn't shut down A colleague of mine checked the Event logs and found something relating to the shutdown in that it was a command from Windows When he sends me the information I will share it Until then though any ideas on the cause or a resolution would be greatly received Its driving me round the twist Thanks in advance

A:Random shutdown, domain user, Windows 7 32-bit.

Hi, Welcome to Seven forums.

Try this and see if it helps.

In Group Policy Object Editor,
expand Computer Configuration,
expand Administrative Templates,
expand Windows Components,
and then click Windows Update.
No Auto-restart with logged on user for scheduled automatic updates installations
enable this policy

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/371052-random-shutdown-domain-user-windows-7-32-bit.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have just installed a new PC running Windows 7 Professional for an existing user on our Windows 2003 domain. When she tries to change her domain password, she gets an "access denied" error message. I am able to change her password on the server, and the new
password works fine. I have added her to the local administrator group. But no success. As a test, I added a 2nd user from the same domain to the users on the PC. The 2nd user is able to login and successfully change her password. Not sure where
to go from here except to create a new account on the Domain for the 1st user. Any help would be appreciated.
This is a single forest, Windows 2003 domain, with no other trusts.
This is the 1st Wiondows 7 PC added to the domain. All other workstations are Windows XP.

A:User cannot change their Domain password on new Windows 7 PC

Check her account in AD, is it set to require logon to change password in the "Users must log on in order to change password" check box in the Account Policy ?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/88629ff4-2fcf-42ed-8052-bfc3843d9fed/user-cannot-change-their-domain-password-on-new-windows-7-pc?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 58.91%

I am trying to help a friend set up a small business office (less than 10 users) with some sort of central user database so they can log into each computer with the same profile and password authentication. He has computers using XP and 2000 and a central server just acting as one to store files (Server is not loaded on it). Without an Active Directory, how can I setup centralized authentication. The only thing I am used to is Active Directory. Any help[ would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

A:Windows central user server without domain

You cant setup centralized authentication without a server. If you want all your users to be able to logon to every computer in your office they would have to be connected to a domain or you will have to setup their username and password on every computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-central-user-server-without-domain.326891/
Relevancy 58.91%

Here is my situation:

A user running windows 2000 on an NT4 domain joins a win2000 domain of the same name. How do I keep his local user settings (desktop, my documents, outlook etc.) from beginning anew?

A:Windows 2000 user joins new domain

Greetings

Try set him up with a roaming profile.

Open up User Manager for Domains, select his user account and open it.

Click on the Profile button and edit his profile like shown below (substituting the words server, share, username for the actual names)

Then copy his profile out of "c:\Documents and Settings" on his HD to that share.

Then do the same for the Win2000 server, and copy the profile to a server on that domain.

See what happens...

Cheers

------------------
Reuel Miller
Windows NT Moderator (yes, that does make me biased )

[email protected]

Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-user-joins-new-domain.28661/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have had two users login as usual and they get a new desktop. All their icons are gone, I went the Documents and Settings profile for the user and there folders are empty. I noticed that a TEMP folder was created and all their files have been moved to that folder. Not sure how this happened. One user logged in this morning and then when he logged back in, he noticed that his desktop was different. Both users are running Win XP. One is a laptop user, Dell Latitude D630, and the other is on a desktop, optiplex GX520.
We have a 2003 Domain controller and a server 2000 that runs our DHCP.
Please let me know if anyone needs more information.

Thanks,

A:Solved: Different Desktop When user logs into Domain - goes to TEMP folder

GOOGLE DESKTOP It seems that the users had initialized Google desktop and it took them to a new TEMP profile. We uninstalled GD and they are both working fine again.

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-different-desktop-when-user-logs-into-domain-goes-to-temp-folder.748465/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello all.

After a bunch of Windows updates last night we are no able to log in a significant amount of computers, this also happens in safe mode where upon pressing control alt delete for login it turns to a blank screen with just a mouse cursor.

Reading up on google, someone said it was a DCOM setting in Group policy, but they didn't say exactly what.

It seems to have happened to a number of other schools in the area as well. Likely to be a Windows Update issue. Any ideas?

Cheers!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/336eae75-b5f4-41ea-bd2b-5f0248585a66/blank-screen-after-pressing-ctrlaltdel-for-login-after-windows-updates-no-way-of-logging-in-on?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 58.48%

hey again all.

recently sorted a virus on my computer which is great and my user account now runs better than ever. however....

the computer is shared with my brother. when he went to log into his account a window popped up saying a message in it. this message no longer pops up so i cant remember what it said in it. something like...

cannot log into user.....
your user details cannot be found....
logging in to basic settings.....

(.... means i cant remember the rest)

this message also had a countdown timer in it. that ended, then it logged into his area. once his area was logged in his desktop background has disappeared now plain blue, shortcut icons have reduced and the programme list in his start menu is very minimal compared to mine.

what is the problem here and the solution?

thanks all u do a great job.

Relevancy 58.48%

Ok here the problem. at work we have a company laptop that a former employee was issued. before he quit, he hid his login name so it does not automaticaly display when booting up. Ive tried everything i know(without booting from another drive) and searched multiple forums and the only answer i keep getting is "password recovery" when im looking for "login name recovery". the ironic thing is another employee claims to know the password, just not the login name which it is usually the other way around. I attempted to boot in safe mode and use an admin account, but it appears that one does not exist. Is there a way to find the login name without booting from another drive or using a 3rd party program? this is the first time i have faced an issue quite like this. any info or links would help, thank you.

A:User Login Problem

You logged in with the Administer account and looked at the profiles and accounts, and you can't find any evidence of this "hidden" account? That's certainly something I've never heard of before.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-login-problem.563787/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi

I recently joined my HP Envy Recline 27 k210na which was upgraded to windows 10 to a Windows 2012 R2 Domain. But have an issue.

Once I login with a user account, domain or non domain, I am unable to use the fast user switching. When choosing to switch account, I will be taken to the login screen, and when I select 'Other' to login with another account, it takes me to the existing user's password entry screen.

If I sign out, and select 'Other' to login as a different user, I get the same issue. I have to reboot the machine to be able to login with another user account.

I restored the pc to factory defaults and upgraded again, then rejoined the domain, but the problem is still there.

Please help

A:Domain Joined Windows 10 - Fast User Switching

When signing in to a Windows PC which has joined a domain with other than a domain account, you need to use a so called full username (ComputerName\UserProfileName).

In above screenshot example I simply replaced the default domain username with the credentials of a local account using the full username and can now sign in using those credentials.

Clicking the link How do I sign in to another domain shows these instructions:

Kari

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/43503-domain-joined-windows-10-fast-user-switching.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi everyone first post here I am a bit stumped I was tasked with moving a bunch of user files over to a new computer and it didn't come out right The old computer was Windows Pro the new computer is Windows XP Pro All user accounts are domain accounts on a server but all files are stored locally on the workstation they are currently logged in to Anyway I logged in the box as an admin and copied all the user folders in the quot Documents and Settings quot folder on the C drive I moved these over to another computer for safekeeping After I got the XP box imaged and ready to go I copied the user folders over to the XP box Domain XP Moving Files to Windows User from 2000 in the quot Documents and Settings quot folder I set up all the DNS stuff etc I had a user log in with his domain account and all looked good until I had him try to access his files When he clicked on quot Documents Moving Domain User Files from Windows 2000 to XP and Settings quot it just took him to the long list of all the users and their personal folders Obviously I did something wrong but I'm not sure what There was no option for a quot My Documents quot folder or such things like that on the C drive without going to the quot Documents and Settings quot folder finding the right user and then navigating through that folder to find quot My Moving Domain User Files from Windows 2000 to XP Documents quot Any help with how to rectify the situation Moving Domain User Files from Windows 2000 to XP would be appreciated

A:Moving Domain User Files from Windows 2000 to XP

Hi Bishop,

Can you check the following registry entries :

HKLM/SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/CURRENTVERSION/EXPLORER/DOCFOLDERPATHS

There should be the path My Documents references to.

Remember to take backups before changing anything in the registry.

Kind regards,

Stumpy

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/moving-domain-user-files-from-windows-2000-to-xp-225622.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I ve been tampering with Windows trying to determine what I can customize and what apps I can strip from it without getting in trouble often this requires me to rebuild the user profile The machine is on a Windows domain so my typical process would involve deleting the profile from c users lt profilename gt and then from the ProfileList in the registry unfortunately this doesn t seem to fully restore the trashed profile Windows remembers something about that trashed profile such as which apps were removed and then that carries over when you try to login after deleting links to the old profile I now the changes 10? domain profile user Properly Windows in re-building I made were user-centric since I can login with a profile I ve not yet used and all the apps are in that profile tl dr Windows is remembering things about old domain user profiles Properly re-building domain user profile in Windows 10? even after going through the standard process of rebuilding the profile I need to figure out how to completely wipe the user profile and the app associations so it rebuilds more completely nbsp

A:Properly re-building domain user profile in Windows 10?

You should be deleting the profile from System->Advanced System Settings->Advanced tab ->User Profile Settings rather than the way you listed.

*Edit* Clarified how to access the screen.

https://hardforum.com/threads/properly-re-building-domain-user-profile-in-windows-10.1901140/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi all,

I was trying to enable IE11x64 bit browser in windows 8.1x64 bit ent for domain users and i was unable to enable it.
below are the steps i followed to enable IE11x64 bit for domain users:
step 1:

step 2:
It will be 64bit, only when this feature is checked, otherwise IE will still use a 32bit process.
closed the borwser and opend the browser again but i checked in process.exe

Tabs are displayed in 32 bit.

can anybody help me with this issue.
i want 64 bit tabs to be opened instead of 32 bit

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/53107-how-enable-ie11-x64-browser-windows-8-1-domain-user.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Windows 7 64bit Ultimate, logging on to SBS 2008. This only affects 1 user (me!) on 1 computer. I can logon to the same PC as another domain user, logs in within a 2 seconds. I can logon to another machine that I use a lot, instant.
Very little in startup, pretty sure that nothing starts for this user that doesn't start for other users.
So it looks like it's my user profile, rather than DNS, blank screen background or domain policy loading slowly.
I know I can probably solve this by deleting my local profile, but that would mean setting up all my applications again.
Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks
Andrew

A:Windows 7 slow logon to domain - only one user, one computer

You may check Event Log and see if there is any error messages. If no errors are found, you can only recreate your user profile. If you do not want to lose the program data, you may try to back up the AppData folder before deleting the problematic profile,
and then replace the same folder of the new created profile with it.Please remember to click ?Mark as Answer? on the post that helps you, and to click ?Unmark as Answer? if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/38599ae3-62d2-406f-8d30-b0b909b60220/windows-7-slow-logon-to-domain-only-one-user-one-computer?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello.
I have only Windows 7 machines in Server 2012 domain (Server 2008 R2 functional level). Everything is working fine except when a user changes his/her domain password from Windows 7 machine- it takes a long time ~5 minutes or more to successfully change the
password but changing a users domain password from the DC (2012) works instantly.

I hope I posted this in the right forum category.
Thanks in advance.

A:Windows 7 slow domain user password change.

Hi,
Please check if there are some related errors in your Event Viewer. Also, check the error on your DC side.
Tracy Cai
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e477dc23-e1c2-447f-be5a-a5e473c9595d/windows-7-slow-domain-user-password-change?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi everybody (Windows 10 as user open up domain a doesn't Cortana Pro) I am having problems with Cortana opening up on a domain connected PC I haven't yet tested this problem out on to multiple domain accounts but I have tested it on a local account on the computer and it works fine With the local account on the computer everything works fine So when I open Cortana on the taskbar whilst logging into a domain account - the Cortana bar disappears and reappears after a second Not just Cortana I just tested on a domain account I have tested out the Store app - sometime this crashes and closes Cortana doesn't open up as a domain user (Windows 10 Pro) just after a minute So what I might be thinking is that the operating system is not supported on to the domain controller which I am running Windows Server Cortana doesn't open up as a domain user (Windows 10 Pro) R and not allowing as many features to be used via the policy In the Server R policy only applies for computers that use Windows to Windows Pro Thank your for reading Best Regards Ben

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/43955-cortana-doesnt-open-up-domain-user-windows-10-pro.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,

is there a way to stop windows xp pro from creating a user new user account for when logged into a domain to the account used when logged onto the pc.

Here is an example of the accounts....

tbarber - logged onto the pc
tbarber.textilent - logged onto the domain.

A:Windows XP Pro recreating user accounts when joining a domain

i have just installed windows xp sp2 but nothing has changed, i still get the 2 different profiles

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-pro-recreating-user-accounts-when-joining-a-domain.262989/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,

is there a way to stop windows xp pro from creating a user new user account for when logged into a domain to the account used when logged onto the pc.

Here is an example of the accounts....

tbarber - logged onto the pc
tbarber.textilent - logged onto the domain.

A:Windows XP Pro recreating user accounts when joining a domain

i have just installed windows xp sp2 but nothing has changed, i still get the 2 different profiles

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-pro-recreating-user-accounts-when-joining-a-domain.262989/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello colleagues Please help me I have this little annoying problem When I want to log the user in - the hash. user with problem md5 login PHP using PHP problem - login the user with md5 hash. PHP and MySQL everything goes OK using plain text as password The thing is that I want the passwords my users enter into the MySQL database to be md hash encrypted so that if any evil user break into the database he wouldn't be able to see the passwords So long story short here is the code and please tell me what I have done wrong and why the user can't log in using the md hash even tho they can register and the MySQL database receives the passwords md hashed Script -- php buffer start -- code span style color span style color BB br br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color FF nbsp Registration nbsp process nbsp file br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB con nbsp span span style color nbsp span span style color BB mysql connect span span style color span span style color DD localhost span span style color span span style color DD root span span style color span span style color DD span span style color br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp global nbsp span span style color BB con span span style color br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB nickname nbsp span span style color nbsp span span style color BB POST span span style color span span style color DD 'nickname' span span style color br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB password nbsp span span style color nbsp span span style color BB POST span span style color span span style color DD 'password' span span style color br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB email nbsp span span style color nbsp span span style color BB POST span span style color span span style color DD 'email' span span style color br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB name nbsp span span style color nbsp span span style color BB POST span span style color span span style color DD 'name' span span style color br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB password hash nbsp span span style color nbsp span span style color BB md span span style color span span style color BB password span span style color br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp if nbsp span span style color BB con span span style color br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp die span span style color DD 'Could nbsp not nbsp connect nbsp ' nbsp span span style color nbsp span span style color BB mysql error span span style color br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp br br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB mysql select db span span style color span span style color DD first database span span style color br br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB sql span span style color span span style color DD INSERT nbsp INTO nbsp users nbsp username nbsp password nbsp firstname nbsp email VALUES ' span span style color BB nickname span span style color DD ' ' span span style color BB password hash span span style color DD ' ' span span style color B... Read more

A:PHP problem - login the user with md5 hash.

You would probably be better asking in a forum aimed at that sort of thing, maybe - PHP Forum

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/189988-php-problem-login-user-md5-hash.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi

I'm having a problem when I log into my XP account. I can log in fine, but when I'm in, my background image is gone, my icons are gone, etc. When I go into My Documents, My Pictures, etc. through the Start Menu, none of my stuff is there . It almost seems like when you make a new guest account.

However, when I click Run and go through Documents and Settings to My Documents and stuff, I can get to my things through there.

I've tried a system restore, but it said it couldn't go back to the date (which was yesterday morning). The system restore doesn't seem to work on any date.

So if anyone can tell me what has happened or how to fix it, I'd really appreciate it.

Relevancy 58.05%

Hi there,

this problem just surfaced a few days ago where i've left my PC vacant ( because i went overseas ).

Currently I have 2 user accounts ( one is Administrator and one is ABC ). Admin is the one which was default and never used. i've always used ABC account ( i set it to auto login and no password demand upon login ) to do all my things. however, now it just logs in automatically to the Administrator account, and all my settings are not in this account. since it was a default account, winxp doesn't allow me to delete it. what can i do in order to login straight to ABC and not login to any other account ever again? also, what caused this problem? would like to know so i can prevent it from happening again. thanks!

A:problem with user accounts. (login)

Click Start, Run and type CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2, and click Ok. Select the user account from the list (the account to which you want to automatically logon). Uncheck Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer option, and click Ok. Type the user account password (if it has one) and complete the process.http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Autologon.htm

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/208452/problem-with-user-accounts-login/
Relevancy 58.05%

I'm having trouble logging into the user profile on my PC I have only one profile I get the following message quot Windows login XP User profile problem cannot load the locally stored profile Possible causes of this error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile If this problem persists contact your network administrator DETAIL - Error performing inpage operation quot A sec countdown and then this appears quot Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on with a temporary profile Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off quot Another seconds and I then get the saving your settings message and the Windows log-off shutdown music plays and it goes back to the profile screen I have tried starting up in safe mode but again it gets to the profile screen and i get the same messages I therefore tried the administrator profile in safe mode and it kind of flashes onto a black screen with the safe mode text top and bottom but then back to the profile page as though it logs in User profile XP login problem and logs out straight away In addition to this User profile XP login problem it's running incredibly slowly even to get to the safe mode user profile screen Any ideas what i can do I don't have much experience of playing about with BIOS so would need some fairly detailed pointers Also is there a way of checking if files have been wiped off the HD because if all else fails i could borrow an external USB case and transfer and format Many thanks T farg ne

A:User profile XP login problem

forget the bios
try tapping f8 when you are booting and from the options try
last known good configuration
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;811151

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/user-profile-xp-login-problem-125719.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello,
If I upgrade a Windows 7 Pro desktop to Windows 10 Pro, then I do not have any issues.
However if I do a clean install of Windows 10 Pro, and create the password for the administrative account.
After getting it all setup, I add it to the domain on the network. I can log in with the login info from the Active Directory Server. Now the problem I run into, is say if I want to even change a file name, it asks for the Administrative username and password, at which point I have to enter Computername\User for the username then Password when the pop up happens.
Is there a way I can remove that?
It doesn't seem to do that on any Windows 7 pro to Win 10 Pro upgrades though. And I have several more machines to do clean installs.
Thank you for taking the time to read this, I would appreciate any help, thank you.

A:Windows 10 clean install on Domain always asks for User/Password

Hey there,

Is the computer in the AD Users and Computers? This could cause problems if that's the case. I had a similar issue, and the issue was that it wasn't in there.

Best of luck.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/30024-windows-10-clean-install-domain-always-asks-user-password.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi This issue started last night I cannot open Windows Explorer By clicking explorer in desktop or icon in taskbar It just shown in taskbar for few seconds and Explorer/Control Panel Windows for user Can't open domain gone Nothing happen I also cannot open Control Panel except for Windows Defender and Device Manager I have tried to - Right click explorer icon and run as administrator but still no help - Run 'explorer exe' directly Can't open Windows Explorer/Control Panel for domain user from C Windows folder but still no help - Run 'SFC SCANNONW' as administrator from command prompt result quot not find any violations quot but still no help - Scan Can't open Windows Explorer/Control Panel for domain user using Windows Defender no issue found but still no help - Run scan with ShellExView it all shows 'normal' programs no UN-recognize software program But if I - Restart in Safe Mode it work fine - Login as Local User with admin privilege Local Admin it work fine Need suggestion and help how to solve this Thanks in advance My detail - OS Win Enterprise bit - Security Win Defender no other Antivirus

A:Can't open Windows Explorer/Control Panel for domain user

Hi,

Finally I 'fix' it by following other solution in this forum.
Because this issue only happen for domain user and not for local user, so I remove/delete the profile for domain user. And login again with the same domain user, to create new profile, and yohoo it fix the issue.

Here is what I've done:
1. Login as local admin (because as local user have no issue).
2. Open C:\Users folder.
3. Open for User folder that have issue (e.g.: c:\user\emir.yhy)
4. Make backup for all the files/folder inside it to other drive (flash-drive or whatever).
5. Delete/remove User folder (C:\Users\[user folder]).
6. Open 'Regedit'.
7. Go to "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList".
8. On the left pane, make sure it shows something like 'S-1-5-...'
9. On the right pane, check for 'ProfileImagePath' make sure it shown the user name that has problem. (see the attached file).
10. On the left pane, right click the folder and Export it for backup (just in case).
11. On the left pane, right click the folder and 'Delete' it.
12. Switch User (start - switch user).
13. Login as Domain User which have issue (it will create new profile).
14. Try to open 'Windows Explorer'. Tha thaaa... it fixed.

Next step is restore all files that we copy for backup.
BUT do not copy the files. Especially the shortcut. We need to re-create it again.
If not, you will find same issue again.

That's it. That's what I've done to fix my issue.
Hope it help for other who have same issue.

Regards,
emir.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/251650-cant-open-windows-explorer-control-panel-domain-user.html
Relevancy 57.62%

We have workstations that are wireless only with policies in place to Authenticate through wireless.
When attempting to log in it is required to select Other User then you can enter username and password. GPOs are set to disable Fast User Switching and Do not display last user name.

This has become a larger issue after switching to Kaspersky Endpoint now two Other User options are showing. One will not attempt to connect to the wireless for Authentication which is selected by default. Pressing escape and selecting the second
Other User prompts that it will attempt to connect to wireless first. 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/52b31bd9-91cc-4071-a135-461f8f92d073/how-to-disable-other-user-from-show-on-log-in-screen-for-windows-7-professional-on-domain?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 56.76%

hi :

User A will transfer from office 1 to office 2 next week.

In the AD, is it possible to transfer the user A from one domain to another domain.

1. Or would it be better to delete the user in domain 1 and create a new user in domain 2 with the same user ID ?

2. And what type of administrator in AD can perform this type of task.

Thanks
fatchai.

A:How to transfer a user from one domain to another domain in AD ?

Dan Petri's world of knowledge Is one of the best sites that I know of for Active Directory and other information. Check it out!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-transfer-a-user-from-one-domain-to-another-domain-in-ad.433399/
Relevancy 56.76%

Please help, my computer froze on two occasions yesterday, leaving me no choice but to reboot my PC by pressing the on button. I had my PC set to automatically logon. Now, when I start my PC it automatically logs me as guest user, unable to use most of my downloaded programs, files, etc. I can’t download programs, Only as an administrator. I can only log as Administrator when using the “safe mode”. When I download a program I cant view it. How can I set it back to the old way, able to view all my programs, files , photos, pictures, etc. I have a Dell, dimension 4400 with windows XP home edition. Please help, this is very frustrating.:confused

Thank you in advance.

Relevancy 56.76%

I created an admin account and a limited user account in our PC. But there are programs that do not run without admin priveleges like games like freestyle, etc. What I did was to click the "run as" then input the admin account and password and it works just fine. But it's quite taxing that everytime someone wants to use a certain program that has to run with admin priveleges I always have to type it in using "run as". Is there any other way to go about it while keeping it a limited user account?

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi everyone,

Is there a way to view login information on a specific computer? Reason why I ask is because I have a new small tax service company with 7 computers and one is infected and no one is taking responsibilty for it. I've hired someone to setup our network but its hard to get in touch with them (poor service that's a different issue) and I would like to know if there is a way to check login information on a specific user/computer on a network. I believe we are using Windows Server 2003, i was looking through Admin Tools but I don't see anything to that effect. Please help. Thank you.

A:Solved: user login logs

Many routers have login logs. Did you check that?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-user-login-logs.651776/
Relevancy 56.76%

This just started happening on our Dell desktop with Windows XP Media Center The system boots fine and stops at [SOLVED] user after BSOD login the user selection screen [SOLVED] BSOD after user login as normal After selecting any of the users listed the session is [SOLVED] BSOD after user login started and the Windows background is displayed After about seconds the BSOD is displayed with DRIVER NOT LESS OR EQUAL No new hardware has been added to the system and there are no errors listed in the Event log other than the bug check that matches the BSOD I have run multiple scans with Ad-Aware and the system is now clean according to the program This error does not occur when starting in safe mode regardless of what user account is selected Using the Windows Debugging Tool the minidump provides the following Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck D e d a f cecf Probably caused by Unknown Image ANALYSIS INCONCLUSIVE Followup MachineOwner kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL d An attempt was made to access a pageable or completely invalid address at an interrupt request level IRQL that is too high This is usually caused by drivers using improper addresses If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace Arguments Arg e d a memory referenced Arg IRQL Arg value read operation write operation Arg f cecf address which referenced memory Debugging Details ------------------ READ ADDRESS e d a CURRENT IRQL FAULTING IP f cecf f a rep movs dword ptr es edi dword ptr esi CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR xD PROCESS NAME System LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from f d c to f cecf STACK TEXT WARNING Frame IP not in any known module Following frames may be wrong f ded c f d c e d b a c xf cecf f ded a e d b b d c xf d c f dedac c e d b nt ExpWorkerThread x f deddc a nt PspSystemThreadStartup x nt KiThreadStartup x STACK COMMAND kb SYMBOL NAME ANALYSIS INCONCLUSIVE FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME Unknown Module IMAGE NAME Unknown Image DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP FAILURE BUCKET ID xD ANALYSIS INCONCLUSIVE BUCKET ID xD ANALYSIS INCONCLUSIVE The results are the same for all of the minidumps I can find There is an indication of a driver fault but no specific program or executable is listed at fault for this error Any ideas on my next step Thanks in advance

A:[SOLVED] BSOD after user login

From the analysis text you provide you have a bad driver, one that loads AFTER user logon. It looks like the driver is trying to access memory incorrectly.

In the Safe Mode, what does Device Manager show? Any bad devices (yellow or red icons)?

If you could figure out which driver is causing the problem you could try reinstalling it in Safe Mode.

Try looking at the Properties for each driver, Resources tab, and see if Memory Range includes any of the HEX address in the analysis. (screenshot)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-bsod-after-user-login-359440.html
Relevancy 56.76%

This happened after I got some PC Performance boosting software. I turn on the computer and I have another log in username called "Administrator". I understand (supposedly) that this is only supposed to show up in Safe Mode. What happened? Also, Advanced WindowsCare says that my system is NOT optimized due to this software.. but I think it does run faster!

A:Solved: New Login User Choice?

Never mind, I found the problem. I do have another problem, but it's in another thread..
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/559909-computer-fan-not-working-2.html

Solved!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-login-user-choice.564276/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi everyone, long time no see

Well, i've downloaded Windows Vista CTP Build 5720, legally, from MSDN

Umm...
Since ive installed it, it takes like 3 hours for the boot screen to load

:-(

And then, when I get to the user screen, it wont login, it just sais loading your personal settings.

I can go in safe mode and run it :D

Also, I have dual-boot, Vista and XP. Weird thing is that XP is named Longhorn, and vista is called Microsoft Windows...

Specs of my comp:
ip4 3.2ghz
1.75 gb ram - 512, 1gb, 256
x700xl sapphire ati
80gb x 1 7,200 rpm - has xp
200 gb - 2 partitions one 85 or something has vista on it, the other 95 gb has just a couple of files. 7,200 rpm

motherboard abit guru as8-v

A:Vista Load Problem - Boot & User Login -

it should load up in seconds,it is best installed on a seperate h/d,i had no problem with the alpha releases but with the beta ones i cannot get an internet connection,so have dumped it till the next version is released
sent you a pm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-load-problem-boot-and-user-login-90714.html
Relevancy 56.76%

hi all i have a set of files that are encrypted using efs windows xp pro sp stupidly i cant find my private key certificate that im sure i backedup at some point but cant find it anywhere i am always logged in as admin only account on this pc today i logged in and spybot found a trojan that i removed using spybot now i cant access my encrypted files normal access denied you expect when you dont have permissions just to confirm i am using the same login i have changed nothing on my login such as username password or computer name everything is exactly the same i couldnt figure this out so i made a blank file right click and encrypted it and noticed the certificate thumbprint is different on this file to the other encrypted files of which have the same thumbprint i downloaded this demo and ran http www elcomsoft com aefsdr html it found various keys on the computer apparently although when i searched for files pfk found nothing it could de-encrypt most of the files not all of them trouble is its i really dont want to have to spend that cash when i should just have access to these files anyway i am thinking that trojan removal has done something to my login or user account encrypted same EFS accessing still login files, in Problem user Does anyone have any ideas what I can do Your help much appreciated Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-accessing-efs-encrypted-files-still-in-same-user-login.930028/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello

I want our machines on a domain to automatically log on when starting up, but I can't seem to find out how to do that. I can do it for a single login with netplwiz , but that doesn't work if you have multiple domain logins for the same machine.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-to-automatically-login-with-domain-login-407238.html
Relevancy 56.76%

As of today in our domain environment consisting of Windows and Windows Enterprise machines we are experiencing the quot User Profile service failed the sign-in - User profile cannot be loaded quot error message whenever a user tries to login This only affects users new to the particular machine If they have signed on before and already have Default service 8 User Profile loaded. be Profile Profile sign-in Win Environment Domain in Corrupt The failed User 7 the User Win cannot and - a cached account the computer logs them in with no issue This is occurring on both Win and Win machines We are an academic institution so this is becoming a huge problem in our labs Students generally use different computers so this is popping up very frequently I have a solution for the issue It appears that on the non-working machines that the quot Default quot user profile is corrupt I have discovered that if I find a machine Win or Win doesn't matter that is allowing first time users to logon I can copy the quot Default quot user profile and replace the corrupt one I must first permanently delete the corrupt profile before copying over the new one Corrupt Default User Profile in Domain Environment - The User Profile service failed the sign-in User Profile cannot be loaded. Win 8 and Win 7 I am doing this over the network by navigating the C users folder Even this way is becoming cumbersome though as we have over computer in labs I have googled and googled and I keep seeing the same answers offering various solutions none which are any more practical than my method I cannot find information on a cause or a reason of why this would just crop up out of nowhere I suspect maybe a Windows update but I cannot verify that yet If anyone can offer any advice share a possible patch it would be much appreciated Thanks nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5a617fa3-ddbe-49a2-af23-e68fd6b015a3/corrupt-default-user-profile-in-domain-environment-the-user-profile-service-failed-the-signin?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 56.33%

I read a number of blogs on how to shutdown USB storage ports but I am not having luck in what I am trying to accomplish Standalone laptop with windows User is Waldo and he has stand user rights I am the admin with access Storage laptop for domain GPO Disable USB not Port on a User Standard NO sp1 7 windows a This on is standalone with to the USB ports If I create a group called USBdenial and add Waldo in that group I go to windir inf and look for usbstor inf and usbstor pnf In each file I right click go to properties and under security I add the group USBdenial I edit USBdenial Disable USB Storage Port for Standard User on a standalone laptop with windows 7 sp1 This is not on a domain NO GPO and click on deny full function which should not allow access to a thumb drive nbsp I save my changes and login as Waldo When I plug in a thumb drive it works and I am able to copy and delete files from that drive NG big time nbsp The only way I am able to shutdown the USB storage port is if I go into regedit and change the USBStor from a to a My problem is that fix disable the ports for Admin and users I am looking to shutdown the port only for one standard user out of people Need you help thanks Ralph Staiano Ralph Staiano

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e5ecbd81-0aab-4236-a9d0-6026f2c24016/disable-usb-storage-port-for-standard-user-on-a-standalone-laptop-with-windows-7-sp1-this-is-not-on?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 56.33%

Hiya

Windows 2000 LDAP function could allow an attacker to change domain user passwords

Microsoft Windows 2000 with the LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol) server configured to support LDAP over SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) sessions could allow a remote attacker to change passwords for domain user accounts. This vulnerability occurs because a LDAP function that allows the modification of data does not check user permissions before performing tasks. An attacker could use this vulnerability to gain access to the domain with the privileges of other domain users, including possibly the domain administrator

http://xforce.iss.net/static/6745.php

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-ldap-function-could-allow-an-attacker-to-change-domain-user-passwords-ju.48591/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi I created an access database for a manager within my unit for her staff members to enter their projects they are currently working on and at what stage they are at so login's User setting Solved: and permissions? they can monitor and print reports of where they are at with their projects My Manager has shown her own manager who wants to implement this with his managers but he wants to have one central database with user logins is this hard to set up I am thinking that the best option would be to split the database to make it more stable and add a log in for each user which would only allow them to see their own projects Solved: User login's and setting permissions? while still allowing an quot administrator quot access to all so they can print reports etc Can anyone tell me the best quot read easiest quot way to do this I am using MS Access and am able to store the back-end of the database on one of the servers that all the managers have access to Also does anyone know if there is a way to have access send a reminder of due dates to the individual manager as the due date is comming up Any help and or ideas would be greatly appreciated thanks nbsp

A:Solved: User login's and setting permissions?

Dumb Blonde, it is easy to achieve what you want to do, including sending reminders.
I would not recommend "Splitting" the database unless it is very large, as it means any changes to the "Front End" have to be distributed to all users.
The first step is to make a backup copy of the database.
Then use the "Security Wizard" to create a Secure version of the database.
When you have successfully Secured the database I will explain the next steps to create the various User groups.

If you want me to create the email sending routine for you it will be easier to do BEFORE you secure the Database.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-user-logins-and-setting-permissions.625960/
Relevancy 56.33%

on my pc (windows 7, home premium) I made a 2nd account (normal user), but I am mainly using the other account (admin).
when I boot up my pc, at login it always select the 2nd account (have to select the other account (admin) all the time).
is there a way to change this? meaning at login the admin account (/primary account) is selected?
(changing account name (alphabetical order) did not work)

any suggestions?
-

Relevancy 56.33%

So I updated my windows 7 to windows 10 , while on my admin acct.But when windows 10 boots up its on my kids acct. and I don't see the admin acct. anymore . I have only found confusing info on this topic . Could someone tell me where it is or how to get it back. Thx alot

A:Windows 10 user login?

I've found the same thing and I don't think you can do much apart from have all your account logins via a Microsoft as opposed to a local account. My desktop has two admin accounts and only one has a Microsoft log in. If the other user with the local account was the last one to use the computer it always boots directly into that account. If it was me who used it last I get the screen offering a choice of accounts at boot up. To start with I thought there was a glitch but I think now that it's just the way it has to be.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-10-user-login.218182/
Relevancy 55.47%

I'm using a P4 with XP Pro SP2 installed. I use ZASS for my firewall and virus protection, and run Adaware and Spybot religiously to check for spyware.

A few days ago I found that I could not log in to any of the 3 accounts I have set up. After clicking on the user icon, the right user background screen would load, and then I go back to the log-on screen and Windows says "saving your settings".

Starting the computer in Safe mode lets me log into my Admin account. I also managed to create a new user account from here, but cannot log into that one either, I get the same reaction as trying to do a login from the normal screen.

I have run all sorts of virus checkers and they have basically come up clean. Now I need some serious help as I'd hate to have to reinstall Windows!

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi. I recently started having a weird problem when I start up my computer... this screen comes up:

But the problem is... I don't have a password... It was working fine, every time I would start up my computer, it would just login automatically, right on to the desktop, now suddenly, that comes up first, and I have to click on it until it loads up and stuff... I was wondering if there is anyway to fix this so it just automatically goes to the desktop when I turn on my computer, automatically logs in.

A:[SOLVED] User login screen when starting up computer

Hmm, Try pressing CTRL + ALT + DEL twice at the screen and see what happens

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-user-login-screen-when-starting-up-computer-185263.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a Dell Dimension E510 with Windows Media Center Edition 2005.My problem is when I start it up it says User .I click on it .It logs-in then logs-out. If you go to Administrator it does the same thing. I can restart the machine and hit F8 and I tried all the settings in safe mode even "go back to when it had a good restart. Still does not let me in.Still logs in then at the same time Logs out I even took out the CMOS Battery for a few minutes. .I have done this on another machine to remove the name and password protected at start-up......... I need Tech Support Guy to bail me out .THANKS!

A:Solved: User or administrator login then auto logs out

You have a virus. Here is a video that might be helpful, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h3q5ss40oY

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-user-or-administrator-login-then-auto-logs-out.962456/