Windows Support Forum

[SOLVED] USB drives do not run autorun anymore

Q: [SOLVED] USB drives do not run autorun anymore

I have 2 or 3 USB flash drives which on other computers running XP or Win7 run the autorun.ini file present on the root directory and set the icon. My own desktop here does not do it, although it used to.

Both registry keys at HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
have value 91 for d-word NoDriveTypeAutoRun

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

Autoplay is of course on, but obviously its not the flash drives themselves
that are at fault here, as once inserted in other computers, autorun works fine.

I saw some old threads on this, but are closed.

Any ideas as to what else may be needed?
Thx
mary A.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: [SOLVED] USB drives do not run autorun anymore

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: [SOLVED] USB drives do not run autorun anymore

Re: USB drives do not run autorun anymore

I would like to have a look at the relevant entries in the Windows registry.

Step 1: Please export to text files, the contents of two registry keys:Click Start > Run
Copy and paste the following line of code in the open Run box

Code:
regedit /e C:\reg1.txt "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer"
Now click OK
Click Start > Run
Copy and paste the following line of code in the open Run box

Code:
regedit /e C:\reg2.txt "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer"
Now click OK

Step 2: Please post the contents of the two exported registry keys for us to look at:Double-click/Open My Computer and then navigate to C:\ drive
In there, you should see two files called reg1.txt and reg2.txt.
Double-click one of the files to open it with Notepad.Copy and paste the whole contents of that file in your next reply.

Repeat with the second text file, to include the contents of that file also in the same reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-usb-drives-do-not-run-autorun-anymore-614507.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi

Had to rebuild desktop recently. The dreaded Anti Virus 2009 screwed up my hard drive totally.

All working fine now except;

noticed that none of my discs Autorun in my 2 drives. Always used to either fire up and ask me what i wanted to do or programme disks just autoran.

is there a box somwhere that needs ticking or unticking. thanks

A:Solved: No Autorun CD & DVD Drives on Desktop

Try this Autorun Fix: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/System-Tweak/Windows-XP-autorun-repair-wizard.shtml

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-autorun-cd-dvd-drives-on-desktop.769558/
Relevancy 61.92%

Used to be I was able to install a anymore won't autorun cd's cd and it would prompt me to choose what to do with the cd now it won't ask me anymore I checked cd drive properties and it is still checked for quot prompt me quot see quot registry problem cd drive quot I did a google search and ended up checking my registry The first thing I noticed cd's won't autorun anymore was this entry see quot registry editor snap txt quot and quot registry editor snapshot jpg quot Then i copied and pasted the text file name see quot registry editor snap txt quot into quot Google quot and got no results Then clicked on that st entry in with all the weird symbols and got this see registry unknown file pdf Then clicked http autorun moonvalley com enable htm It appears I need to change my registry and delete this funky file in the editor mentioned earlier I don't have a backup of the registry I need help with how to go about getting this problem resolved Maybe I am on the wrong track all-together Bewildered Brad

A:cd's won't autorun anymore

Do a System Restore.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cds-wont-autorun-anymore-115265.html
Relevancy 61.06%

im runnign xp proffesional and when i put a cd in the cd rom it doesnt run i have to open up the cd and find the set up exe, what have i done cannot get it to work again.

Thanks

A:autorun does not work anymore

Hi .......could try

May work for XP worked for WinME

CD Autorun Fix: 10.

http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Music/9899/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/autorun-does-not-work-anymore.207652/
Relevancy 60.63%

I have been looking left right and centre for a solution but failed to find anything that could help me so far I am hoping you tech buffs can help me resolve my work or Autorun usb won't drives disc on PLEASE drives HELP! particular issue so on with the problem I insert a CD DVD disc into the disc drive and expect the pc PLEASE HELP! Autorun won't work on disc drives or usb drives to pick it up and offer me the autorun menu to see what I would have done with the media inserted therein After a bit of whirring nothing pops up Same thing with my USB drives A bit of whirring then nothing Also When I manually try to navigate through Windows Explorer and click upon the disc drive it brings up the option to format the disc in there I find that I can eject the disc and re-insert it and then select the drive and see the contents This is driving me insane Even my virtual drives do not autorun when images are mounted onto them PLEASE HELP with this and do not let my call for help sink to the bottom of the quot unattended help requests quagmire quot nb I am running Vista Ultimate x So please all solutions should take into consideration that the computer that has problems is on -bit architecture and not x nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

Hello there. I've had my autorun.inf file for every of my hard drive partitions (5 of them), with an *.ico file, and it worked flawlessly til today. My config file was:
Code:

[autorun]
ICON=AUTORUN\name.ICO
For example name.ICO was placed in C:\autorun\ and it was called from that autorun.inf. Like I said, everything worked great til today. I might have messed up something with Wise Care 365, and also I have tried Panda IS 2016, maybe it messed with some permissions... I've tried to remove those files, then to put them back, with couple of restarts, nothing worked... Same happens with my flash drives. I'd appreciate some help. If anybody knows what malfunction or changed setting in registry or somewhere else could cause this...

A:autorun.inf doesn't work anymore

I have found a solution for this problem here: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/161443-autorun-inf-files-completely-block.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/autorun-inf-doesnt-work-anymore.1159270/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello there. I've had my autorun.inf file for every of my hard drive partitions (5 of them), with an *.ico file, and it worked flawlessly til today. My config file was:

Code:
[autorun]
ICON=AUTORUN\name.ICO
For example name.ICO was placed in C:\autorun\ and it was called from that autorun.inf. Like I said, everything worked great til today. I might have messed up something with Wise Care 365, and also I have tried Panda IS 2016, maybe it messed with some permissions... I've tried to remove those files, then to put them back, with couple of restarts, nothing worked... Same happens with my flash drives. I'd appreciate some help. If anybody knows what malfunction or changed setting in registry or somewhere else could cause this...

A:autorun.inf doesn't work anymore

I have found a solution on this thread: Autorun.inf Files - Completely Block

I used second reg file, and after restart everything works again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/384967-autorun-inf-doesnt-work-anymore.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi all Glad to see such a place Hope y all can help me with a problem Let me be as detailed as possible so apologies in advance if the post / Trojan.Clive.B / Help needed removing autorun.inf autorun.exe / Solved: in VBS/small is too long I want to give as full a description of my PC problem I tried posting this earlier but I was informed it was too long I ll post this in two parts the first involving the office computer the second involving my home computer Both have the same problem with regard to the flash drive I recently purchased a Kingston Data Traveler GB flash drive I have used in several computers but the problem reared up after I used it in a coworker s computer and then connected the flash drive to my office computer Office computer WinXP Pro SP AVG Free The flash drive Solved: Help needed in removing VBS/small / Trojan.Clive.B / autorun.inf / autorun.exe worked fine until one day I got gibberish characters for quot Open quot and quot Explore quot when I right-click the drive using my office computer AVG found VBS small and deleted the offending file However in another computer running Avast it found the same trojan and deleted it Still dubious I ran the BitDefender online scanner and it detected Trojan Clive B in autorun exe instead found in E RECYCLER I ran Solved: Help needed in removing VBS/small / Trojan.Clive.B / autorun.inf / autorun.exe PRT and it restored the quot Open quot and quot Explore quot after removing the autorun Solved: Help needed in removing VBS/small / Trojan.Clive.B / autorun.inf / autorun.exe inf but after rebooting and reconnecting the flash drive the gibberish is back I downloaded clean-autoruns and hijackthis on my office computer The following are the log files as of today August AM Hijackthis Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system soundmix exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS smcfg exe C Program Files Elantech ktp exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe C WINDOWS mHotkey exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www neo com ph O - Hosts www xldd com O - Hosts www ojiang com O - Hosts www shuixian net O - Hosts www xlarea com O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run SiSPower Rundll exe SiSPower dll ModeAgent O - HKLM Run SiSUSBRG C WINDOWS SiSUSBrg exe O - HKLM Run SMcfg smcfg exe -s O - HKLM Run KTPWare C Program Files Elantech ktp exe O - HKLM Run CHotkey mHotkey exe O - HKLM Run InCD C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run soundmix C WINDOWS system soundmix exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User Default user O - Startup Microsoft Outlook lnk O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C ... Read more

A:Solved: Help needed in removing VBS/small / Trojan.Clive.B / autorun.inf / autorun.exe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-needed-in-removing-vbs-small-trojan-clive-b-autorun-inf-autorun-exe.604838/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi all It appears that Microsoft has disabled the Autorun feature for USB devices in Windows If you create an appropriate Autorun inf file on on USB drives Autorun your USB drive Vista and XP will happily run the program it points to when you plug the device in but in Windows that is no longer the case I've read a few news articles explaining that this is by design out of security concerns While I understand and even agree with the reasoning I was wondering whether there was a way perhaps in the Group Policy editor or some Registry hack to override or bypass this I have just created a nice autorun feature to enable me to mount a TrueCrypt-encrypted container on my USB stick but that no longer works in Win Can't use BitLocker as I still need uncrypted access to the root of Autorun on USB drives the drive in order for BitLocker to allow Win to start on my fully encrypted C -drive Any hints Lucien

A:Autorun on USB drives

I have the same problem and i searched on google and no result . The only way to open my TrueCrypt usb is to create a shortcut of the TrueCrypt.exe from my USB and use as Target :

G:\TrueCrypt\TrueCrypt.exe /q background /lZ /e /m rm /v "TrueCrypt.tc"

I`m still looking for a way to make it run the autorun.inf . I will come back here to help you in case i find something .

Cya and sorry for my english

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/13030-autorun-usb-drives.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi I think there is some malware residing in my system because a autorun inf is getting created whenever I plugin a usb drive However I am unable to find the process that is creating it All running processes seen on task manager appear to be legitimate processes My antivirus McAffee is getting drives in Autorun.inf usb created not detecting anything but still I am not quite sure there is nothing wrong Also the system has also become slow recently I have posted the DDS log below and attach txt and hijackthis log are attached Would really appreciate any help in this matter Thanks for your time DDS Log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Administrator at on Mon Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT FW McAfee Autorun.inf getting created in usb drives Host Intrusion Prevention Firewall Disabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe c program files idt wdm stacsv exe C Program Files McAfee Host Intrusion Prevention FireSvc exe C Autorun.inf getting created in usb drives Program Files McAfee Host Intrusion Prevention HIPSCore HIPSvc exe C Program Files STMicroelectronics AccelerometerP InstallFilterService exe C Program Files Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework FrameworkService exe C WINDOWS system mnmsrvc exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C app Administrator product db bin nmesrvc exe C app Administrator product db BIN TNSLSNR exe c app administrator product db bin ORACLE EXE C Program Files Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BtwTracePktWpp exe C app Administrator product db perl bin MSWin -x -multi-thread perl exe C app Administrator product db bin emagent exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe C WINDOWS system AESTFltr exe C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework udaterui exe C Program Files McAfee Host Intrusion Prevention FireTray exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C app Administrator product db jdk bin java exe C Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exe C Program Files DellTPad Apntex exe C Program Files DellTPad HidFind exe C Program Files Belvedere Belvedere exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system mfevtps exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise VsTskMgr exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise EngineServer exe C stackv r studio bin winnt mql exe C Java jre bin java exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Texter texter exe C stackv r studio bin winnt business exe C WINDOWS system mstsc exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google co in uInternet Settings ProxyServer uInternet Settings ProxyOverride localhost lt local gt BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c progra micros office GRA E DLL BHO scriptproxy db d a - - e -b d- f c - c program files mcafee virusscan enterprise scriptsn dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f ... Read more

A:Autorun.inf getting created in usb drives

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerI'm judicandus and I'll be helping you out.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process. Please also continue to work with me until I give you the all clear. Even if your computer appears to act better, you may still be infected.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.Once we start working together, please reply back within 3 days or this thread may be closed so we can help others who are waiting.Please post a DDS log and Gmer log. For instructions please read this post:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/366916/autoruninf-getting-created-in-usb-drives/
Relevancy 55.47%

i seem to experience the same problem with the autorun function...with my u3 drive.
Did you resolve your problem?
Please help

p.s. is it just a matter of reenabling the autorun feature in windows?

Thank you very much for your time and your help

A:Autorun...External Drives

fixed autoplay but the u3 software still takes me to a temp folder instead of running the preinstalled software...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/391448/autorunexternal-drives/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello Team

I have been infected by autorun.inf trojan which has multiplied to all drives. I caught on this trojan while downloading a file.
Kindly help me !!

Thank You

A:Autorun.inf in my computer drives

Download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs and save it to your desktop.Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.Reboot your computer when done.Note: Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive that is plugged in when you ran it. Don't delete this folder...it will help protect your drives from future infection.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/182107/autoruninf-in-my-computer-drives/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have several pen drives that appear to be infected by an autorun.inf virus.
I have attempted at least a dozen different methods of removal including formatting the drives. I ran several anti virus programs which said I did not have any viruses on my computer. I can delete all the files but they reappear instantly. The My Computer shows the drive as a file folder instead of a drive. Can someone please help.
Thanks,

A:autorun.inf infection of pen drives

Hello and welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/autorun-inf-infection-of-pen-drives-423179.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello, i created an autorun.inf file on my SDCard to launch something when i plug it in. However it seems that feature was disabled for removable drives. Is there a tweak or something to allow it? Found an app called "SamLogic USB AutoRun Creator" it worked once and then not anymore. Not something stable.. Hopefully you'll know one.. Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/395886-allow-autorun-sdcards-usb-drives.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello,

I would like to distribute to my clients a USB stick that will automatically autorun an installer. However, I have a problem: The autoplay for the CDROM is turned off (not sure about AutoPlay for all other devices). The systems are WinXP SP2, which I think have Autoplay turned off. Is there a way to get these systems to be configured without user intervention, or major user intervention to start an autorun.inf file?

For now, I have to have them go into the task manager, then: File->Run->f:setup (or the drive letter with name of .EXE file to run). It would be better if there was an automatic way to run this. The other option would be a boot USB device (again, booting off of CD-ROM drives is restricted to lockdown access in most cases).

Thanks
Mike

Relevancy 55.04%

A couple weeks ago i fixed my friends laptop which was possibly infected with a virus i used my external HDD to backup some music which he wanted then did a destructive system Unwanted usb on Autorun.inf drives creation restore and replaced the music now my computer i think is infected because an autorun inf file keeps being created in all usb drives connected to my computer i dont know what has happened i changed my firewall to OUTPOST and now the autorun inf is not being created please reply still with your opinion it wants to autorun c netlog exe but it is nowhere to be found on my system i ran hijackthis and did a little research on the processes running on my computer and the registry values O - Service Windows Network Log Windows Network Log Manage - Unknown owner - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared MSINFO Netlog exe this Unwanted Autorun.inf creation on usb drives file is not in the specified directory and i am Unwanted Autorun.inf creation on usb drives thinking of removing this from the registry is netlog exe an official windows component i also ran quot sfc Unwanted Autorun.inf creation on usb drives scannow quot in the command prompt and was asked to insert quot windows xp pro cd quot since my computer only has the restore partition i cannot insert cd i have an OEM windows xp pro purchased at a university student store that does not work when asking for the cd is cd the MCE conversion cd please help me i usually dont need to ask people questions but i dont want my system compromised heres a complete Hijackthis log file output Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster Audigy DVDAudio CTDVDDET EXE C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Feature Mode Utility CTModUtl exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files Module Loader DLLML exe C WINDOWS CTHELPER EXE C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Microsoft Xbox Accessories XboxStat exe C WINDOWS vsnpstd exe C Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Agnitum Outpost Firewall outpost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe c program files verizon wireless venturi Client ventc exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C PROGRA HEWLET Shared HPQTOA EXE C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Documents and Settings David Gates Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www ya... Read more

A:Unwanted Autorun.inf creation on usb drives

Go to Start>Run>type in cmd and hit enter.

Enter the following two lines, one at a time; follow each with Enter

sc stop Windows Network Log Manage
sc delete Windows Network Log Manage

You can close the command window now.

Open HiJackThis
Click on the "Config..." button on the bottom right
Click on the tab "Misc Tools"
Click on "Delete File on Reboot"
Navigate to this file - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MSINFO\Netlog.exe
Double click on that file.
HJT asks you if you want to reboot, now. Click "Yes".

Download Combofix to your desktop.
Doubleclick combofix.exe
Follow the prompts.
Don't click on the window while the fix is running, because that will cause your system to hang.

When finished and after reboot (in case it asks to reboot), it should open a log, combofix.txt.
Post this log in your next reply .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unwanted-autorun-inf-creation-on-usb-drives.594891/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have content to load onto a promotional USB flash drive - complete with the client's logo. The client would like a short movie in either quick time,.wmv or .mpeg format to autorun when the user puts the drive into the USB port.

Not sure if one script will work for both Mac and PC platforms. Also am concerned that anti virus software or firewalls may not like the autorun feature?

Ideally, I would email the content, complete with the script to China asap to get it into production. I am worried that the content will not autorun and a message will come on the screen about it. Would it be better to simply have folders for the user to click on is they want to view the movie or the PowerPoint?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

RobbieN

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/autorun-script-for-usb-flash-drives.598051/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I am not sure how this issue started but its annoying me now and I hope I can get a solution here I am using a PC with following config for more than years now Motherboard D GCCR Processor Pentium D and NADFOLDER issue USB Autorun.inf PC's with & drives processor Plus Ghz LGA RAM Transcend GB HDD st one is GB NADFOLDER & Autorun.inf issue with USB drives and PC's SATA started using this as booting one from last months nd one is GB IDE used as primary before I bought SATA DVD Writer Samsung RJ cable connects to my PC for internet connectivity I NADFOLDER & Autorun.inf issue with USB drives and PC's have onboard USB ports and front panel added USB ports Operating system Windows XP with SP and all latest patches applied Antivirus Mcafee i updated every week Firewall Mcafee Windows firewall USB drives are used by me as I have Windows mobile used for sync via activesync and also charged through it and pen drives GB Transcend GB iBall amp GB Sandisk From some months my front USB ports used to detect all my USB drives and phones Then slowly they became erratic same USB drive was detected in one port and not in other I got tired and started using onboard ports It worked fine for few days and then started behaving erratic again Now they have NADFOLDER & Autorun.inf issue with USB drives and PC's stopped recognizing any USB drive or windows mobile since last one week Only once was I able to sync my windows mobile but then it again stopped working During last months my motherboard was replaced by Intel due to Video card issue I got a virus through one of my pen drives with autorun inf file which mentioned something like NADFOLDER present in my pen drive I was not suspicious as I though this might be related to NAD musical electronic components for which my bro might have done some research and saved with that folder name After this I ran my updated antivirus and got my PC cleaned The virus I think impacted Explorer exe and its clean now The issue I am facing presently is with CPU utilization by system process After lot of time consumed I realized my USB port might be creating issue as Process Explorer showed USBPORT SYS with TID utilizing the CPU power under system process I am able to gain back my CPU power by disabling all USB root hub ports in device manager I tried using port at a time and the CPU utilization goes back to Now I have to disable all USB root hubs in device manager to make sure my CPU utilization is normal to - The system hanged whenever I tried to delete or uninstall the USB host controller Only deletion and USB root huyb worked I also tried to update drivers for USB still no go Tried replacing USB files as shown in drivers in device manager for them with same files of older version which exists for XP SP The files were replaced in respective folder and dll cache also Replaced drivers to standard ones Still stuck with same issue USBPORT SYS x I also made changes in BIOS to make my GB HDD as primary and check by booting in Windows XP SP loaded in that drive still same issue The changes made in my operating system are generally windows patches which I update on regular basis Now am back with my SATA HDD operating system and USB s disabled from device manager Everything runs fine with this config I need a solution as I am stuck with no USB drives as of now which is making my life a bit difficult Added to this I am having one more issue I tried removing the NADFOLDER and autorun inf from my USB pen drives using attrib commands and del commands but it reappears after plugging the USB again to the computer Attrib s h r autorun inf Dir ah Del ah Del ah f Then I formatted the pen drives and when inserted again to the USB port it again shows me the files NADFOLDER and autorun inf Please help me remove this virus from both my pen drives so that I can use them Screenshots attached Regards Rahul

A:NADFOLDER & Autorun.inf issue with USB drives and PC's

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

While we appreciate all the detail you've gone into, we do have our own procedures we want our members to perform before posting for help.

There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed. I currently have as many open topics as I can effectively handle; this will have you back in queue with the proper logs so an available helper would be able to assist.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/nadfolder-and-autorun-inf-issue-with-usb-drives-and-pcs-439747.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello, i'm moving back to 10 recently. I recall on 1st version i tried, when i plugged my WD Passport, i was asked what to do. Now not anymore. There is an autorun app that's launching to unlock the drive (hardware encryption enabled). How do i fix that?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/59820-western-digital-passport-drives-autorun.html
Relevancy 54.18%

here is the hijackthis log i have more computers with the same problem please help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files Nero Nero InCD InCDsrv exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise EngineServer exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework FrameworkService problem... also hidden all on drives autorun same old file exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise VsTskMgr exe C WINDOWS system mfevtps exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Mcshield exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox jre bin javaw exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework UdaterUI exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader AcroRd exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http same old hidden file problem... also autorun on all drives go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise scriptsn dll O same old hidden file problem... also autorun on all drives - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch - C D FE-E D- -BB - C E E C E - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar Component fastsearch B FE C D dll O - Toolbar amp Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - HKLM Run Google Desktop Search quot C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe quot startup O - HKLM Run ShStatEXE quot C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise SHSTAT EXE quot STANDALONE O - HKLM Run McAfeeUpdaterUI quot C Program Files McAfee Common Framework udaterui exe quot StartedFromRunKey O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run TomcatStartup C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox hpbpsttp exe O - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run cdoosoft C WINDOWS system olhrwef exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run DeskSpace J DeskSpace v deskspace exe O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce TSClientMSIUninstaller cmd exe C quot cscript systemroot Installer TSClientMsiTrans tscuinst vbs quot User SYSTEM O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce TSClientAXDisabler cmd exe C quot systemroot Installer TSClientMsiTrans tscdsbl bat quot User SYSTEM O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce tscuninstall systemroot system tscupgrd exe User SY... Read more

A:same old hidden file problem... also autorun on all drives

hey guys? i need help solving this problem!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/same-old-hidden-file-problem-also-autorun-on-all-drives.833125/
Relevancy 53.75%

..finnally after the great disappointment at kaspersky internet security, i managed to remove that stupid virus with nod, but i still get this when i try to access my drives "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel." any idea what might solve this problem, other than formatting windows? thx in advance

A:Troubles opening my drives after removing autorun virus..!!!

Try the "Drive Association Fix" at the link below.

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm

Tufenuf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/troubles-opening-my-drives-after-removing-autorun-virus.721452/
Relevancy 53.75%

I picked this thing up from some work laptop while tranfering data back and forth It seems to pop onto any usb drive I attach and then jumps to any sytem the infected drive is used on I had ran combofix before and think I might have partially cleared it up but I noticed it again last night when I plugged a drive in it didn't show anything on the flash usb hops of to Autorun that name, drives Unsure virus drive when I plugged it into the company laptop hidden files shown When I plugged into mine though I got an error that G could not run with an ok button Upon opening the drive Unsure of name, Autorun virus that hops to usb flash drives via my computer I saw the same autorun inf and a file named UI or IO it changes from time to time I ran a hijackthis log a few minutes Unsure of name, Autorun virus that hops to usb flash drives ago I just tried to plug my drive i use for readyboost in and it does not do it and I do not have the usb drive from work available till tonight or tomorrow night I can get more info then if needed Just wanted to know if anyone sees anything out of the ordinary in my log Also is it possible that the virus is trying to jump to my machine from the company machine thus giving the error when i plug it in So frustrated and confused Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Synaptics Unsure of name, Autorun virus that hops to usb flash drives SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPStart exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Windows System rundll exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exeC Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a n amp pf laptopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhostO - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - -F - -B -FBEE C B DF - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser UIBHO dllO - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeO - HKLM Run QPService quot C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe quot O - HKLM Run QlbCtrl ProgramFiles Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe StartO - HKLM Run Symantec PIF AlertEng quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PI... Read more

A:Unsure of name, Autorun virus that hops to usb flash drives

Welcome to the BleepingComputer Forums. Since it has been a few days since you scanned your computer with HijackThis, we will need a new HijackThis log. If you have not already downloaded Random's System Information Tool (RSIT), please download Random's System Information Tool (RSIT) by random/random which includes a HijackThis log and save it to your desktop. If you have RSIT already on your computer, please run it again. Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT. Click Continue at the disclaimer screen. Please post the contents of log.txt. Thank you for your patience.Please see Preparation Guide for use before posting about your potential Malware problem. If you have already posted this log at another forum or if you decide to seek help at another forum, please let us know. There is a shortage of helpers and taking the time of two volunteer helpers means that someone else may not be helped. Please post your HijackThis log as a reply to this thread and not as an attachment. I am always leery of opening attachments so I always request that HijackThis logs are to be posted as a reply to the thread. I do not think that you are attaching anything scary but others may do so. While we are working on your HijackThis log, please: Reply to this thread; do not start another! Do not make any changes on your computer during the cleaning process or download/add programs on your computer unless instructed to do so. Do not run any other tool until instructed to do so! Let me know if any of the links do not work or if any of the tools do not work. Tell me about problems or symptoms that occur during the fix. Do not run any other programs or open any other windows while doing a fix. Ask any questions that you have regarding the fix(es), the infection(s), the performance of your computer, etc.Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/218800/unsure-of-name-autorun-virus-that-hops-to-usb-flash-drives/
Relevancy 53.75%

Ok, it was working FINE without problems - autorun would work, and explorer would notice the new cd placed in the drive. However, lately, when I place a new cd in either of my 2 cd drives, windows xp fails to load the volume name for either of the drives. I have to go into the cd and find the setup program, I can't even right click > autorun. It remembers the right-click menu settings and volume name for the previous cd, but will never update it for any new cds.

A:Autorun not working / Explorer not updating CDROM drives

Maybe this might be of some help.
http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBN/tip6900/rh6952.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/autorun-not-working-explorer-not-updating-cdrom-drives.165163/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello I am running Windows DC with shared network drives We have had computers with the quot svchost exe quot virus of some sort Now I am finding that it created autorun inf files and a Recycler folder and network on folder drives of root Autorun.inf Recycler in the root of every shared network drive The files are marked as hidden and system files I scanned the files with Endpoint but it did not find them It doesn t look like the servers are infected but when I deleted them the showed back up the next day I m assuming that infected computers are copying the file to the drives One of my options was to copy a blank file named autorun inf and a blank folder called quot Recycler quot and not allowing anyone to read or write to the files Would that help it from being copied again I work for Autorun.inf and Recycler folder on root of network drives a corporation with servers and computes so checking each computer is not an easy task at this point Thanks for your help I attached the contents of the autorun inf file autorun open RECYCLER S- - - - - - - svchost exe icon shell dll shellexecute RECYCLER S- - - - - - - svchost exe label PENDRIVE action Open folder to view files shell Open Open shell Open command RECYCLER S- - - - - - - svchost exe shell Open Default

A:Autorun.inf and Recycler folder on root of network drives

On a network of this size you really have only one option: put down the network, reimage all terminals, clean all shared drives (or preferably, restore a clean backup) and only if each and every external drive and terminal is clean, connect everything back.Furthermore, if this is a business/institution computer, are you the domain administrator? If you are not, have you informed your domain administrator, (business manager, Systems Analyst, or Information Technology (IT) Specialist)? I ask for several reasons: There may be restrictions and modifications installed on such machines that could be damaged or altered by the actions we take to remove Malware. Any infection could jump terminals in a computer network. There may also be legal issues regarding any loss of business data that I do not wish to deal with. Some people who come here use their computers for work, and the computers may contain the patient records of a physician or the financial records of an accountant's clients or credit card and bank account information of their employer's customers. There may be tremendous risks and legal liability for such users for not fully securing the computer. We will not know this unless we ask. We do not want to be accidentally putting those we help in vulnerable positions for lawsuits. Business factors outweigh technical factors in making the reformat and reinstall decision. Sometimes friends give missing CDs or lack of expertise as a reason for not doing a reformat and reinstall. The cost of replacing missing Windows XP and MS Office CDs and getting an Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer to come in for 3 hours to do the reinstall and apply all the critical updates, is trivial compared with the potential cost of a multi-million dollar lawsuit for breach of trust if confidential client or patient information is disclosed. In specific situations where highly confidential information about others is on the computer, and a backdoor virus or trojan is found, we are helping people more by identifying that they have a backdoor trojan which puts them in a particularly vulnerable situation and sending them to seek local professional help from a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer or Certified Information Systems Security Professional or Global Information Assurance Certification Certified Security Expert or Certified Computing Professional or Internet Service Provider than we would be trying to fully resolve their problems long distance.The solution you propose will help somewhat, but only as prevention method, not as cure.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/420872/autoruninf-and-recycler-folder-on-root-of-network-drives/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello,I'm new, therefore forgive my mistakes if any My laptop at work was taken by a collegue of mine and returned with a virus/trojan that does:- Fixes or generates a new autorun.inf in any USB-stick that is inserted to the PC.- The autorun.inf has the following text:[AutoRun]shellexecute=/RECYCLER/rrqzrmne.exe navg- The filename inside the RECYCLER directory changes everytime the file is generated.For my good luck, the McAfee antivirus detects and destroys the executable. (Its size is always 114688 bytes)For my bad luck, I can't find the one that is generating this trojan file. (The McAfee does not catch it, nor other tools I have run)Attached is the HJT log file I have captured:
 hijackthis.log   13.95KB
  25 downloadsAny hint?Thanks in advance, and have a nice day--- Ricky

A:[Trojan generation] Tying to find who creates an autorun.inf in USB-Drives...

Hello Rbid and welcome to BC. Let's see what we can find.Before running a new scan let's clean out the temporoary folders. Download ATF Cleaner to your Desktop.Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.Click Select All found at the bottom of the list.Click the Empty Selected button.If you use Firefox browser, do this also:Click Firefox at the top and choose Select All from the list.Click the Empty Selected button.NOTE : If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.If you use Opera browser, do this also:Click Opera at the top and choose Select All from the list.Close ALL Internet browsers (very important).Click the Empty Selected button.NOTE : If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.Now download OTScanIt2.exe to your Desktop and double-click on it to extract the files. It will create a folder named OTScanIt2 on your desktop.Note: You must be logged on to the system with an account that has Administrator privileges to run this program.Close ALL OTHER PROGRAMS.Open the OTScanIt2 folder and double-click on OTScanIt2.exe to start the program (if you are running on Vista then right-click the program and choose Run as Administrator).Do not change any settings.Now click the Run Scan button on the toolbar.Let it run unhindered until it finishes.When the scan is complete Notepad will open with the report file loaded in it.Click the Format menu and make sure that Wordwrap is not checked. If it is then click on it to uncheck it.Close Notepad (saving the change if necessry).Use the Add Reply button and Attach the scan back here (do not copy/paste it as it will be too big to fit into the post). It will be located in the OTScanIt2 folder and named OTScanIt.txt. I will review it when it comes in. Cheers.OT

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/173502/trojan-generation-tying-to-find-who-creates-an-autoruninf-in-usb-drives/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a several year old Dell desktop P4 2.4 GHZ Win XP SP2 system.

Of the two drives one is a CD/DVD read only generic drive that came with the PC, the other is a Plextor CD/DVD RW that I installed several years ago.

Both drives read DVD's and the Plextor continues to write DVD's. Both drives will now not play or write CD's though. Device Manager inicates no problem with either drive, a Norton Systems Works "Find and Fix Problems" scan found no problems.

Windows Media Player opens up when I put a music CD in either drive but when I click "play" nothing happens. When I try to write files to the RW drive nothing happens.

I have had no problems with either of these drives in the past.

Nothing else in the PC seems amiss.

Can anyone here offer any ideas on what my problem might be?

Thank you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cd-drives-wont-function-anymore-211187.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello everyone I m new here but I ve done a search here and cannot seem to find the answer to my problem s Any help is GREATLY appreciated First let me say that the computer I am having the problem on is an older Compaq / AT - ALL CD-RW anymore drives not recognized CD-ROM Presario model running the Windows upgrade from Windows I purchased from eBay and installed an HP- Internal CD-RW CD Writer drive into this system Both the original CD-ROM drive and this quot new quot CD-RW drive worked fine for several months A few months ago I installed CD-ROM / CD-RW drives not recognized anymore - AT ALL some software Cakewalk Pro Audio Acid Full Version and several plug-ins from a friend s CD that had been burned Yes this is pirated software This is when problems began occuring I know I know lecture me later I need help right now One day I booted up and a DOS message appeared before loading Windows This message stated that a new drive was recognized The specifications seemed to resemble that of my hard drive capacity of drive is around GB I had options quot Ignore quot quot Save quot and I hate to say that I do not remember the other option For several days I chose quot Ignore quot and things worked fine One day I got tired of seeing this message and I chose quot Save quot Man I wish I d never done that From this point on neither DOS nor Windows has recognized either CD drive quot My Computer quot doesn t list them at all Neither does quot Device Manager quot It s as if they never existed I m sure the drivers are still there but it doesn t know that there is hardware to go with it I ve tried manually adding new hardware but I do not have the Win CD and the drives I need are not listed otherwise I figured that since the drivers were sill there I could trick it by hitting quot Have Disk quot and using the drivers in the C WINDOWS SYSTEM DRIVERS directory Doesn t work hmmm The CD-ROM is the quot master quot and the CD-RW is the quot slave quot They are both attached to the same power cable However there seems to be no power to the original CD-ROM drive will not quot suck quot in CDs but there IS power to the CD-RW will open and close How is this possible when the power is running THROUGH the CD-ROM to the CD-RW YES I ve tried uninstalling the priated software No change YES I ve detached the power cable and reattached it Nothing YES I ve switched Slave and Master Nada HELP I m desperate I have a new computer now and it came with a USB cable and software to transfer all my old junk to my new computer but I can t install the software on the old computer with a CD drive It seems I may have to resort to uploading all my precious files to the internet and downloading them here With my phone line capability and no DSL or Cable connection available in my area I m going to have quite a project on my hands CAN YOU HELP PLEASE Thank you Jennifer PS Sorry so long it s just how I am nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

I m experiencing a USB device problem I have two USB thumb drives of different brands that used to drives read anymore don't thumb USB work Now if I plug them in either front-side or back-side ports the computer tones beeps to let USB thumb drives don't read anymore me know that it recognizes them but neither drives auto-open nor are accessible via My Computer I know for sure that the drives work as they can be opened explored and formatted on other computers The device manager shows the Host Controllers and Root Hubs as working properly I ve looked for driver updates uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers manually uninstalled and allowed Windows to reinstall automatically on reboot and I ve tried disabling the USB on BIOS and re-enabling it on reboot The Disk Manager shows the USB thumb drives I ve tried reformating them there but a prompt informs me that is not possible because quot the partition or volume is not enabled quot Assigning drive names seems to do no good and I can t disk-check for error either What bugs me is that the drives work on other computers I would think it s a virus of some sort though that is improbable as I did a full scan and clean a few days ago Ideas nbsp

A:USB thumb drives don't read anymore

We really need the brand and model of the computer or motherboard.
Setup error on your computer. You may have changed something accidentally while working elsewhere. If your USB ports work for printers, scanners, and other components, you need to do a reset somewhere. You have done everything correctly.
If you haven't done this, go to your BIOS at startup, and see if there is something disabled... There will likely be something on one of the BIOS screens that must be enabled.
Or go to the motherboard manufacturers web site, and scroll through the online manual for that motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-thumb-drives-dont-read-anymore.66208/
Relevancy 52.46%

i recently discovered that my cd and cdrw drive no longer work. i went through some basic troubleshooting i.e. uninstalled and reinstalled both drives and there drivers( i also physically disconnected and reconnected them both, still same messages), tried upgrading drivers. even plugged my cd drive into secondary plug on the "ribbon" my hard drive is on. still get the following messages:Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) also, after reinstalling them I get: there was a problem installing your hardware it may not work properly...does anyone have any more suggestions........p.s. when i disonnected and reconnected them to the motherboard, windows does see them and tries to install them.

A:cd drives dont work anymore!!

I think I would definitely try a System Restore back to a point where I knew the drives were being reconginzed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-drives-dont-work-anymore.441628/
Relevancy 52.46%

i ll give some specs of my computer first to get that out of the way p ghz asus p p e xp anymore doesn't windows see drives mainboard stripe raid system hdd windows xp pro sp i have windows installed on a raid x raptor hdd and have other hdd s and cd-roms on other ide or sata connections this morning my computer would not boot up properly an error message about winlogon exe that had something to do with a quot memory read fail quot no matter what i clicked on the message box i d get the blue screen of death no matter how i started windows safe mode last good config etc i would always get the same winlogon exe error and never be able to finish loading windows xp doesn't see drives anymore windows windows xp doesn't see drives anymore therefore not be able to check the winlogon exe file itself to try to see whats wrong i don t know what may have caused this as it was working as fine a ever last night and haven t installed changed anything for a few days even did a full virus scan days earlier and the problem suddenly came this morning when i started it after some time i felt i had to resort to booting off my xp pro cd and try the repair option there it worked and now windows works fine but i can no longer see any of my extra hdd s or cd-roms my bios is still unchanged and detects all the drives but i did check it anyways and i can still boot off cd how i did the repair or another hdd if i had something on it so i determined that the problem is with windows not seeing them i checked disk management under computer management to see if they just need to be enabled again they don t show up there at all i checked the drivers for ide controllers etc they are all up to date windows simply does not accept that there are other hdd s and cd-roms hooked up at all many important files and such are on the other drives and i also have no recognized cd-rom either now just the c drive any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:windows xp doesn't see drives anymore

Have you started with the basics, Microsoft Memory Diagnostic or MEMtest86 might be a good idea. It could be as imple as bad memory, hard to say.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-doesnt-see-drives-anymore.307129/
Relevancy 52.46%

I hope someone can help me About a week ago I encountered some viruses and deleted files via Norton AV Afterward my computer would no longer recognize my CD ROM D drive OR my CD HELP! anymore drives can't 2000 see Windows CD RW E drive Through a series of troubleshooting sessions it appears that there are three missing files necessary for my CD drives to work they are C winnt system drivers cdrom sys C winnt system drivers redbook sys C winnt HELP! Windows 2000 can't see CD drives anymore system storprop dll I ve reinstalled drivers which says successful My computer shows the hardware installed but it cannot locate the D and E drives I went to my office computer same Op System and emailed myself those three files I then re-saved them to the problem computer but there is no change I went into my BIOS and changed the loading order to read the CD drive first instead of the floppy but it still will not load my Windows K disc or even recognize either CD drive I downloaded Everest Home from a suggestion on another thread It shows my CD players but I m not sure what to do with it or if that program can even help me Even though I re-saved those three files troubleshooting still says that those same three files are the problem Any suggestions are greatly appreciated B nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-windows-2000-cant-see-cd-drives-anymore.304364/
Relevancy 52.46%

I hope someone can help me About a week ago I encountered some viruses and deleted files via Norton AV Afterward my computer would no longer recognize my CD ROM D drive OR my CD RW E drive Through a series of troubleshooting sessions it appears that there are three see can't 2000 Windows drives anymore HELP! CD missing files necessary for my CD drives to work they are C winnt system drivers cdrom sys C winnt system drivers redbook sys C winnt system storprop dll I ve reinstalled drivers which says successful My computer shows the hardware installed but it cannot locate the D and E drives I went to my office computer same Op System and emailed myself those three files I then re-saved them to the problem computer but there is no change I went into my BIOS and changed the loading order to read the CD drive first instead of the floppy but it still will not load my Windows K disc or even recognize either CD drive I downloaded Everest Home from a suggestion on another thread It shows my CD players but I m not sure what to do with it or if that program can even help me Even though I re-saved those three files troubleshooting still says that those same three files are the problem Any suggestions are greatly appreciated B nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

I have two external hard drives

Western Digital Extreme Lighted WDXC3200JBRNN 320GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache USB 2.0 / IEEE 1394a External Hard Drive
Western Digital My Book Essential WDG1U5000N 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache USB 2.0 External Hard Drive

I find it hard to believe that both hard drives would not work, at the same time on me on my laptop. My 320GB gives me a "Device not recognize" error, while my 500GB just won't do anything besides the power light being on.

I find it very hard to believe that both drives would go out on me at the exact same time. I have no way of taking them out and testing them, and I have no extra computers to test them on.

Relevancy 52.03%

i recently discovered that my cd and cdrw drive no longer work. i went through some basic troubleshooting i.e. uninstalled and reinstalled both drives and there drivers( i also physically disconnected and reconnected them both, still same messages), tried upgrading drivers. even plugged my cd drive into secondary plug on the "ribbon" my hard drive is on. still get the following messages:Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) also, after reinstalling them I get: there was a problem installing your hardware it may not work properly...does anyone have any more suggestions........p.s. when i disonnected and reconnected them to the motherboard, windows does see them and tries to install them.

Relevancy 51.17%

I am getting so sick of this computer I would consider myself to be a somewhat advanced computer user but I just have no idea whats goin on here Here s the problem I have a Compaq S OM which I have IDE IDE Whats Anymore, Wrong? one on Two Optical Run Chain Cannot Drives Hard Drives on one IDE Channel and on the other I have had IDE Optical Drives a DVD Burner and the DVD-ROM Drive that came in the computer The two optical drives worked for years then all the sudden they decided Cannot Run Two Optical Drives on one IDE Chain Anymore, Whats Wrong? to not work together I messed around for quite some time with it trying to get them to work together with no luck I dual boot with on being XP Pro w SP and the other being Windows PRO Both operating systems including the BIOS will not pick up on EITHER of the drives when they are hooked up on the chain together I went from Cable Select to choosing a master and a slave and even tried switching the IDE chains with the hard drives incase it was a Motherboard Issue however the Hard Drives still worked fine but the optical drives wouldnt fire up At that point I figured that it must have been something to do w the drive that came with the computer so I switched it out w a DVD-ROM that I had in another PC Voila This worked or so I thought About a week to a Cannot Run Two Optical Drives on one IDE Chain Anymore, Whats Wrong? week and a half later that drive started acting up and would occasionaly not read discs then lead to it not working with the burner as well So then I thought I d try the two DVD-ROMs togehter and they would not work together either It was this point that I went looking for firmware updates for the MOBO and I also completely formated my PC and am now running a clean install of Windows XP Pro and still none of the drives will work together I cant figure this out I have tried everything that I can think of but have gotten nowhere Hopefully someone here can help me out What could be the possible causes of my troubles Thanks in Advance Ronny nbsp

A:Cannot Run Two Optical Drives on one IDE Chain Anymore, Whats Wrong?

welcome to techspot.
your computer is oem (original equipment manufacturer) and there will be problems like this, with seemingly no cause. attempt operating them on seperate chains (attach one to the primary chain, with the boot hard drive as master)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-run-two-optical-drives-on-one-ide-chain-anymore-whats-wrong.25882/
Relevancy 51.17%

CD amp DVD drives don t have recording tabs Help OK here s what is going XP, CD's drives tabs can't 'Properties' lost anymore! DVD & burn in CD on Several weeks ago don t remember exactly when mid or late January I was fooling around amp installed some programs so I could convert songs from my phone to a format my computer could read Didn t work I uninstalled it Then a bit later I downloaded a program to ID music by playing it over speaker into the microphone to id a song Uninstalled it too I know one of these programs again don t remember told me to change my default record media from the drive to I think a virtual CD & DVD drives lost 'Properties' tabs in XP, can't burn CD's anymore! drive Anyway I think this is what has caused my problem which is I can no longer get CD-R s to burn I have a Dell DImension with Windows XP and when I try to use Media Player to burn songs CD & DVD drives lost 'Properties' tabs in XP, can't burn CD's anymore! to a CD it looks as if it is going thru the process but doesn t do it XP and media player recognize the drives and I can play CD s or DVD s just can t get the computer to remember that yes these drives are capable of recording Also when I put a blank CD-R into either drive they show under properties to be full and have CD & DVD drives lost 'Properties' tabs in XP, can't burn CD's anymore! no space left on them even though they are new When I go to properties on both drives there is no recording tab so I cannot enable recording I have Googled around and here is what I have tried to do to fix it I used the Microsoft site s suggestion to edit the registry and change the drive values from to or No help I made sure the IMAPI value in Admin Services was on automatic and I force started it No help I went back to the registry and deleted the high filters and low filters in the registry file related to the drives No help I uninstalled the drives in device manager logged off and logged on to reinstall but they already had No help I uninstalled the drives and immediately went to new hardware wizard It found them and installed them No help I reinstalled Nero my burning software No help I went back to Microsoft s site and used the automatic Fix It wizard but it said both drives were not capable of recording bogus since I ve burned I don t know how many CD s since I got this computer in mid I probably forgot some stuff since I have been at this all afternoon and evening but I m really frustrated Both drives were working great forever so I guess when I installed those programs I mentioned earlier it jacked up something I don t think I ve tried to burn any CD s since I got rid of both of those programs up until today when I discovered the problem Thing is I CAN T remember which program had me change the record or burn to feature I think it changed it from the E and D drive to something else but don t remember where or how Yeah I know it was stupid to not write it down and yeah I regret screwing with either program But I d really like some help here if anyone can I appreciate it nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-dvd-drives-lost-properties-tabs-in-xp-cant-burn-cds-anymore.144176/
Relevancy 50.74%

Good morning everyone am trying to describe my issue as good as possible so please bear with me Two days ago I went into a game of League of Legends a of boot doesn't drives sudden raid are anymore, Win7 all a on the swap to the loading screen I alt tabbed which then caused a bluescreen to happen It gave me the message KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR and asked me to check if I have any new hard- or software with the technical information STOP x A x xFFFFFFFFC D xFFFFF x Physical memory dump FAILED with status xc Over the course Win7 doesn't boot anymore, drives are a raid all of a sudden of the Win7 doesn't boot anymore, drives are a raid all of a sudden next days I've had a few bluescreens with the same message ran CHKDSK let it fix something and then had three following popups from Marvell Event Message WARNING Physical disk is plugged out INFO Physical disk is Win7 doesn't boot anymore, drives are a raid all of a sudden plugged in WARNING Physical disk is plugged out A restart solved the issue windows wanted to do an update which is fine by me however when it tried to restart it couldn't boot the OS A look into the BIOS gave me some insight on what happened It can still find both my SSD and my HDD however all of a sudden they're in a raid At first I was able to select the RAID as a boot priority but later on even that option vanished leaving me with only the following three as boot options Removable Dev USB TDK TF My USB stick with the windows ISO ATAPI CD-ROM My question is the following Is it the Raid that appeared all of a sudden Can I somehow undo it Are my drives damaged Because they do show up when I start up my PC I have uploaded the relevant images here picsurge com - Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated if you need any additional information feel free to drop me a message here

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/395053-win7-doesnt-boot-anymore-drives-raid-all-sudden.html
Relevancy 50.74%

How do i fix this?

I added my specs, just in case it helps. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate , 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 3200+, x86 Family 6 Model 10 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 447 Mb
Graphics Card: Standard VGA Graphics Adapter, 2 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 76216 MB, Free - 64321 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTek Computer INC., Kelut , 2.02, MB-1234567890
Antivirus: ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4.2, Updated and Enabled

A:My SD Drive doesn't work anymore and one of my usb drives wont read.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-sd-drive-doesnt-work-anymore-and-one-of-my-usb-drives-wont-read.971832/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I ve AutoRun.Agent.DO trojan AutoRun.Delf.AG Virut.NBP worm, worm, worm, Virus, AutoRun.Delf.AI Injector.LTG been getting frequent notifications from ESET NOD Antivirus about some IP addresses being blocked by it Because of this I scanned my PC with it It detected some viruses but I still get the same notifications To be more specific I ll attach the scan logs ESET NOD Antivirus scan logs PM HTTP filter Virut.NBP Virus, AutoRun.Delf.AI worm, AutoRun.Delf.AG worm, AutoRun.Agent.DO worm, Injector.LTG trojan file http x Win AutoRun Delf AI worm connection terminated - quarantined NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Threat was Virut.NBP Virus, AutoRun.Delf.AI worm, AutoRun.Delf.AG worm, AutoRun.Agent.DO worm, Injector.LTG trojan detected upon access Virut.NBP Virus, AutoRun.Delf.AI worm, AutoRun.Delf.AG worm, AutoRun.Agent.DO worm, Injector.LTG trojan to web by the application C WINDOWS system svchost exe PM HTTP filter file http x Win AutoRun Delf AG worm connection terminated - quarantined NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Threat was detected upon access to web by the application C WINDOWS system svchost exe PM HTTP filter file http x Win AutoRun Delf AI worm connection terminated - quarantined NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Threat was detected upon access to web by the application C WINDOWS system svchost exe PM HTTP filter file http x Win Virut NBP virus connection terminated - quarantined NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Threat was detected upon access to web by the application C WINDOWS system svchost exe PM Real-time file system protection file C WINDOWS system pfq exe a variant of Win Injector LTG trojan cleaned by deleting - quarantined NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Event occurred on a new file created by the application C WINDOWS system svchost exe PM Real-time file system protection file C WINDOWS system vt exe a variant of Win Injector LTG trojan cleaned by deleting - quarantined NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Event occurred on a new file created by the application C WINDOWS system svchost exe PM HTTP filter file http x Win AutoRun Delf AG worm connection terminated - quarantined NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Threat was detected upon access to web by the application C WINDOWS system svchost exe PM Real-time file system protection file C WINDOWS system x exe Win AutoRun Delf AI worm cleaned by deleting - quarantined NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Event occurred on a new file created by the application C WINDOWS system svchost exe PM Real-time file system protection file C WINDOWS system x exe Win AutoRun Agent DO worm cleaned by deleting - quarantined NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM Event occurred on a file modified by the application C WINDOWS system svchost exe Also since I ve become worried about it I also used HijackThis to check if there are suspicious processes Here is the log HijackThis scan log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C Program Files Faronics Deep Freeze Install C- DFServ exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files AlienGUIse wbload exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Brother Brmfcmon BrMfcWnd exe C Program Files VIA VIAudioi HDADeck HDeck exe C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exe C Program Files TaskSwitchXP TaskSwitchXP exe C Program Files Brother ControlCenter brccMCtl exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Logitech Video FxSvr exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus ekrn exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program ... Read more

A:Virut.NBP Virus, AutoRun.Delf.AI worm, AutoRun.Delf.AG worm, AutoRun.Agent.DO worm, Injector.LTG trojan

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/431705 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/431705/virutnbp-virus-autorundelfai-worm-autorundelfag-worm-autorunagentdo-worm-injectorltg-trojan/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi everyone, I tried to disable autorun per Microsoft's instructions. They said that there was no way to disable it through Windows interface and that you must edit the registry to disable autorun. I followed their instructions...went to open, "regedit", followed the steps to the CD drive, and entered the value as "0" per their instructions. Problem is when I insert a disk into the disk drive it still autoruns about half the time. It's only about half the time though. What is this all about. If it makes any difference it seems newer software auto runs but old stuff doesn't. Thanks for the advice!

A:Disabled autorun in the resgistry but autorun still working?

A workaround I sometimes use is hold down the Shift key when inserting the CD, the autorun is then bypassed. But this doesnt solve your issue.

Right-click on the drive icon for your CD drive, and select Properties.
Choose the AutoPlay tab, and choose the desired action for each type of CD. For example, choose Music CD, then click Select an action to perform, then select Take no action.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/disabled-autorun-in-the-resgistry-but-autorun-still-working-132956.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I just did a clean install of windows 8 because my laptop had all these random files in c: and d:. And they're here again, maybe because I plugged in my pen drive and that must be infected. Windows defender keeps identifying the files but can't seem to delete the root cause. 
I tried deleting the autorun.inf and all other files using 7zip in safe mode.. They still keep coming back. There are also random.exe files in my temp folder.. I tried using ccleaner to delete those too. But they keep coming back..
What do I do ? 

There's also this desktop.ini file in so many folders and recycle bin, just keeps reappearing

I'm posting the Hijackthis log, Hijackthis also said, "for some reason your Hosts could not be edited" 

A:autorun.inf, random.pif and random.exe, in all drives

I think I found a solution!

I downloaded avg sality removal tool, disconnected from the internet and ran it in safe mode as administrator.. also deleted temp files using ccleaner in safe mode

Seems to have removed all the infected files..

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/485109/autoruninf-randompif-and-randomexe-in-all-drives/
Relevancy 43.86%

I got my new hard drive home tonight and realized it's SATA and my current one (the one that actually boots and runs the machine) is parallel. I installed the sata and it seems to work- but is there any danger with these two drives co-existing in the same machine? Clearly the machine can accomodate them both, but is it a bad idea?

A:Solved: Can serial ATA drives and parallel ATA drives co-exist in the same CPU?

Virtually every PC today relies on the venerable ATA (Advanced Technology Attachment) interface to connect hard drives, CD drives, and other types of drives. Spurred by the relentless demands for faster drive performance and greater reliability, the ATA standard (also known as IDE), which has a rated connection speed of 3.3 MBps, has undergone many advances. The Ultra ATA (dubbed Ultra ATA/133) interface can pass 16 bits of parallel data between a drive and PC at speeds of up to 133 MBps.
Such parallel-signal schemes, however, are reaching the practical limits of current cable, drive, and controller electronics. To achieve even faster data transfer rates, drive manufacturers are turning to a serial scheme called Serial ATA (SATA). Though it may seem counterintuitive that a serial technology (which transfers data one bit at a time rather than transferring multiple data bits simultaneously, as a parallel scheme does) could outpace a parallel one, that's exactly what SATA does; it transfers data at a much faster rate and more efficiently. Now that SATA drives, add-in controller cards, and most importantly, PC chipsets are finally available, you'll want to understand the benefits of this technology.

SATA typically handles data transfers of up to 150 MBps and in the future can be scaled up to 300 MBps and beyond. Some manufacturers predict speeds as high as 600 MBps. SATA offers a speedier boot process and faster loading of programs and data. But perhaps the best part of the new technology is SATA's simpler cabling.

If you've ever looked inside a PC, you've seen the wide, gray, 40-pin ribbon cable that daisy-chains master/slave drives to the ATA controller port. Not only were those 40 wires laying close together a potential source of interference, but routing the bulky cable made the placement of drives difficult. Moreover, the traditional cables are notorious for disturbing air flow within PCs. SATA uses thin cables that route easily and don't block a PC's cooling system, thus preventing hot spots and improving overall system reliability.

Connecting SATA drives is easier, too. Each drive connects to the host PC via an individual cable; the host PC treats all drives as master devices, eliminating the jumper settings, which have frustrated users for years. This greatly eases installation and configuration. Finally, the cables can be longer. Current parallel ATA cables max out at 18 inches, while SATA cables can be as long as 39.4 inches (1 meter). That's good for high-end boxes that use full-tower cases.

You will also find adding or replacing drives easier with SATA. You won't have to power down your PC before connecting a new drive, because SATA allows for hot-pluggable connections, so you can add or remove SATA drives while your PC is running. The connectors are also keyed (that is, designed for one-way insertion), so you don't need to worry about accidentally reversing a connection.

SATA is software-compatible with ATA, so you don't need any special drivers or OS upgrades to support the new drives; the SATA controller does the conversion between the drive and host PC. Consequently, SATA drives can coexist on the same system with parallel ATA devices.

Yet because of the differences between SATA and parallel ATA, you can't simply drop a SATA drive into a parallel ATA system. Here's what it takes to implement Serial ATA on your PC.

To start, you'll need a new SATA drive such as the 120GB Seagate Barracuda ATA V (www.seagate.com). The only difference you'll see in the SATA drive is the connector scheme (and the absence of drive jumpers).

The host PC requires a SATA controller with one or more SATA ports, such as the Promise Technology SATA150 TX2plus, which combines two independent SATA ports and one Ultra ATA port and supports up to two serial and two Ultra ATA drives (www.promise.com). In new SATA-compatible machines, the motherboard uses a control... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-can-serial-ata-drives-and-parallel-ata-drives-co-exist-in-the-same-cpu.545874/
Relevancy 43.43%

I read the thread on the same problem about that autorun.vbs and would like to ask some help because I am currently having this problem.

Anyway There are 2 PC in our house and both of them are currently (I assume the other one is also infected) by the same autorun.vbs problem.
The other pc is currently buggy (still works but the autorun.vbs is deleted), while the other one works find but it will be a matter of time till it to fell for the said virus.
They are both network and one is currently having a problem. Since I cant work on the other (more serious) pc due to currenlty use(about the end of feburary will be the time it will have a week or so Hiatus...), I would like to ask on how to get rid of it without resorting to reformat. Thankyou for your time in looking upon my problem....

Relevancy 43.43%

Hello, i hope you can help me, my problem is the next : i could not open my local disk drive by double clicking or right-clicking, my problem is the same of this solved thread, but the difference is that i only have a hard drive C.

please do help

Thanks!

Relevancy 43.43%

i couldn't open the files in 'my computer'. each time i did that, the message would be [cannot find script file "C:\autorun.vbs"...this happen to all the drives in my computer. can anyone help me?

Relevancy 43.43%

I'm making a slide show to play on a DVD player. How do I do this?
Computer running Win 7. i have the usual programs, Moviemaker, Media Player, Irfanview.
Thanks

A:Solved: Autorun DVD

Hope this helps:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=creating+a+slideshow+using+windows+movie+maker

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-autorun-dvd.931955/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi Guys I got this virus yesterday after copied some data from my usb drive Solved: Autorun.vbs to my PC i was intend to copy some data from another Solved: Autorun.vbs PC to mine but now when I right click on my hard drive Open and Explore replaced by unreadable charaters I found some other thread by using HJT tool and generated a log file Here is the log content please look for me and advise thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system conime exe C WINDOWS system wscript exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader reader sl exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe autorun bat O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - Toolbar no name - E E AB-F - D - D - BA E - no file O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run DAEMON Tools quot C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe quot -lang O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader reader sl exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Synchronizer lnk C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader AdobeCollabSync exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip EEB B- - A - AD- D E D B NameServer O - Service avast iAVS Control Service aswUpdSv - ALWIL Software - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe O - Service avast Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe O - Service avast Mail Scanner - Unknown owner - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe quot service file missing O - Service avast Web Scanner - Unknown owner - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe quot service file missing O - Service NVIDIA Display Driver Service NVSvc - NVIDIA Corporation - C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

Hi I just changed my antivirus from McAffee to AVG free It worked very well and removed a lot of new infections but added many files to its quot Vault quot One of these is a script file quot n vbe quot which has to AVG causes act Solved: autoRun.CH up the autoRun CH worm it says It s removed it from my windows system as well as from my Solved: autoRun.CH causes AVG to act up flash drive Now I get a pop up everytime I start windows saying n vbe is either missing Solved: autoRun.CH causes AVG to act up or not accessible and my flash drive does not work either I tried NOD which did the same so I removed that as well and came back to AVG Can someone please suggest a way for me to clean the autoRun CH worm instead of having AVG move it Apart from this also there are other little things that tell me all is not well with my system HJT log follows - Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss Solved: autoRun.CH causes AVG to act up exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS system wscript exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe C Program Files HPQ HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files HPQ SHARED HPQWMI exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Huawei technologies HUAWEI Mobile Connect HuaWeiDataCard exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C New Creations Security Tools hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www virusvault mb com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www hp com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe C WINDOWS system wscript exe C WINDOWS system n vbe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe O - HKLM Run eabconfg cpl C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe Start O - HKLM Run Cpqset C Program Files HPQ Default Settings cpqset exe O - HKLM Run LSBWatcher c hp drivers hplsbwatcher lsburnwatcher exe O - HKLM Run hpWirelessAssistant quot ProgramFiles HPQ HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe quot O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run IMEKRMIG C WINDOWS ime imkr IMEKRMIG EXE O - HKLM Run MSPY C WINDOWS system IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP ... Read more

Relevancy 43.43%

Hello,

When I put in a cd in the rom drive, it is not autoplaying as it used to, it opens a file with lots of folders in, one of the folders is called autorun when i double click this a new folder opens with a single icon, when I double click this it then opens the first folder again, for some reason I can not get the disc to play yet it has worked before, I have right clicked the cd in my computer and chose autoplay and it still just opens the cd. and help would be appreciated

Gerald

Relevancy 43.43%

Hi All,

I have a DVD which was built for a DVD Player, no menus except the "start" button symobol, which is not clickable in a Windows PC. On my PC I can not get past this screen, on another PC the movie plays automatically. Is there some Autorun setting?

I am not talking about autoplay, where I put in a DVD and it starts playing, I'm talking about if I open the DVD via explorer and hit "Play" the DVD does not start in my computer, but does in a spare computer. Both are Windows 7 PC's

A:Solved: WMP and DVD Autorun

Hi, not entirely sure from your post what you mean, is this dvd meant to play from your optical media ( commonly called the dvd/cd rom drive)?

If this is the case, then go to start, search and type:- cmd, right click on the returned cmd.exe and select "run as administrator" at the prompt copy paste all below in red:-

reg query "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}" > 0 & notepad 0
press enter , please post the notepad outcome here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wmp-and-dvd-autorun.1131142/
Relevancy 43.43%

I know it is possilb eto reput autorun on but I forgot how to Windows ME has disabled autorun but there is a file u can edit to fix it but I froget what file that is I haven't done it in years

ooops found it

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q312475

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/autorun-is-gone-solved.103031/
Relevancy 43%

Weird issue I have drives of on a Win Pro computer mapped on a Win XP SP computer on Mapped Drives Network Solved: Drives on & my home network IT Solved: Mapped Drives & Drives on Network connects to ALL YET that same Win XP computer will NOT access those same drives on the Win computer through the network unmapped giving the message quot hostname X is not accessible quot but WILL connect to the other drives All drives have the same sharing and security settings Baffled any ideas Log Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm II X Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Free - MB I Total - MB Free - MB J Total - MB Free - MB K Total - MB Free - MB L Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd GA- T-USB Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled Solved: Mapped Drives & Drives on Network nbsp

Relevancy 43%

Hi, recently I was interested in changing the icons of my external HD. So I found the method which is create an autorun.inf file and place it in the HD with the code:

[autorun]
ICON=(whatever my .ico file name is)

So anyway, I named it autorun.inf and did all that they said, however the method still does not work. I tried to manually run the autorun.inf file by clicking 'install' but windows error message pop out and say 'Installation failed'. This also goes for my attempt to change the C and D drive icons. Something is wrong with my autorun.inf file and I don't know how to solve it. Google did not help me at all.

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l616/Master156111/untitled-2.jpg

A:[SOLVED] Autorun.inf not running

How to Change the Icon on an External Hard Drive | eHow.com

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-autorun-inf-not-running-642217.html
Relevancy 43%

hello... recently i've installed AVG free edition 7.5 and scanned out the following trojans... autorun.vbs and autorun.bat .....

AVG deleted the mentioned trojans but now i could not open my local disk drives by double clicking or right-clicking... instead i have to search thru folders.. the pic below shows what happened..

each time i right-click.. the following option would appear at the top list.. the pic below shows what happened..

please do help... does this trojan cause my pc to process slower as well?

Relevancy 43%

My AVG anti virus keeps popping up whenever I open one of my hard drive C D and E which says something like quot Threat detected blah blah blah quot and Solved: NSanti autorun.inf then says its a NSanti It cannot be removed so I moved it in the Virus vault This problem keeps happening whenever I Solved: autorun.inf and NSanti open one of my hard drives so I did a virus scan It detected a virus infected file called autorun inf So my problem with this is that I cannot activate my Show hidden files in the folder options I also cannot use my Yahoo Messenger because whenever I open it some error message pops up I found out after some investigating that the virus came from my brother s usb which was infected I tried to solve this problem by searching online I tried something I found which was to delete a file called amvo exe in the command prompt But I don t think I was able to delete it I think I made the problem worse Now I cannot open my hard drives using double click instead I have to type C or D in the address bar just to open it Below is my hijackthis logfile Hoping for your help before I am forced to reformat all my hard drives and lose years worth of pictures videos mp s and important school files Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S IC EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C PROGRA Nokia NOKIAP LAUNCH EXE C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr AcroTray exe C Program Files Common Files PCSuite Services ServiceLayer exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll F - REG system ini Shell explorer exe xmss exe O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS System DLA DLASHX W DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO IEHlprObj Class - CE C CF - B - D -ABED- C - C WINDOWS system ieso dll O - Toolbar no name - BF - F - - - FE E AA - no file O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-autorun-inf-and-nsanti.715963/
Relevancy 43%

I have uninstalled the sidebar in windows 7.however,there still seems to be 2 instances of "sidebar.exe" starting up at boot.i used "autoruns" to see if i could locate the startup but it shows nothing there.i also used process explorer,and nothing there.there is nothing in the msconfig utility either,nor in my adminstrative services or the registry that i can find anyway.when i go into "system imformation",under "startup programs",it shows it listed twice.(sidebar.exe/autorun/crogram files).do i delete these two files to stop it from running?or is there another way,for instance in the command prompt or registry? or is this an old log of when it did start up before i uninstalled it and it just never cleared it in system imformation?

Relevancy 43%

Hello everybody I am having a serious problem with the autorun vbs script Yaeah I know this kind of problem just were solved in other posts I saw them But I noticed that the solution were kind of different for each case So here I am the show my case and ask for help The problem is basically the same my antivirus avast detected the trojan gt I ask it to remove the trojan gt Now Solved: autorun.vbs - the with HELP!!! Problems I can t Open the system unit NOTES - I may say that I have two units My HD is divided in two partitions C and D - The message saying quot Can not find script file quot D autorun vbs quot quot just appears as I try to open the Solved: Problems with the autorun.vbs - HELP!!! D partition - This message doesn t appears whe I try to open the C partition cause I didn t removed the trojan from it I just removed the trojan from D and noticed that the problem happend so I didn t removed form C - If I click with the right button over the units C or D a quot garbage quot appears where quot Open quot and quot Explore quot should appear As you can see the problem is just like the one reported at this post Except the fact that my HD is divided in two partitions and I dindn t removed the trojan from both as I explained above Please help me Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 43%

Hello, hello

Is there some way to autorun a .exe file on a Memorystick every time i plug the memory stick in?
I've got a few games on a few memorysticks (Rather than to fill up the HDD so the computer will startup slower), and it'd be nice if the .exe files that launches the games will start when i plug the memorystick in.
It's very nice if it's something that goes on the memorystick, because i use them on various desktops and laptops of mine, and it would be tiresome to make changes to every single computer.
Also, it's nice if it's not some program i have to download

Thanks.

A:[SOLVED] Autorun .exe file

Before I begin I would like to say that there are many tutorials on how to do this if you search it, please look it up before posting please :)

THIS IS NOT MY INFO I DONT TAKE ANY CREDIT FOR THIS, CREDIT FOR THIS INFO GOES TO THIS PAGE

Orignal Source: http://articles.techrepublic.com.com...1-5268081.html

1. Go to notepad

2. now think about the .exe that you want to open as soon as the memory stick is plugged in.

3. Here is the format of the notpad file

[autorun]
open=myprogram.exe
icon=myicon.ico

If the exe is not in the root then use this format
[autorun]
open=folder1\folder1A\myfile.exe
icon=myicon.ico
the .ico is not really needed its only if you have a .ico to go along with it.
4. After you fill out all of that information save it as a .inf file and put it in the root of the memory stick. IDK if it works for memory sticks though I dont see why not

5. There you go

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-autorun-exe-file-540906.html
Relevancy 43%

i had a virus in my computer which nod 32 deleted.....it was found in the autorun.inf files of all the drives......so all the autorun.inf files located in my partitions got deleted....now when i double click to open a drive it opens the "open with" prompt.....how do i put the autorun files back in the drives??please help.............

A:[SOLVED] creating autorun.inf!!

Put your xp disk in the drive, click start, run, type cmd. In the command prompt window type sfc /scannow
Sit back and let it do its thing.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-creating-autorun-inf-234067.html
Relevancy 43%

My DVD drive nor DAEMON Tools autorun anymore. I've checked most of the solutions offered by Microsoft and either I didn't understand them, or I already tried them. I know that I can run the CD or DVD from Windows Explorer, but I want the menu to pop-up when I insert the disk.

Relevancy 43%

Hi whenever i try to open my USB i get this error : Can not find script file "G:\autorun.vbs". But ONLY with my USB all my local drivers working perfect. I probably deleted the file with NOD32 which detected it as a trojan. I already read the others autorun.vbs problems but it was only for their drivers and not for any USB! So i need some help.... Any help appreciated!!!!

Relevancy 43%

Hello,

I've accidentally changed the autorun for .exe to .rar., meaning I can't launch .exe programs. Whenever I click on an .exe file, it comes up with an autorun window, where I can choose some programs to run it with, but not any sort of .exe runner.

So, I tried deleting WinRaR, but it didn't work. I then checked the control panel's Autorun settings, and it is set to "Install or run program".

I've tried quite alot of "fixes" like doing some commands in Window's Command, though these fixes seem to be meant for viruses corrupting .exe files.

I'm running Vista.

Any help?

Thanks!
- Mathias

Relevancy 43%

I wonder if someone could help me with this We picked up a problem on our network last week [SOLVED] W32\Autorun.worm.zf.gen with one of our PC's We received an alert that the PC was infected We checked the [SOLVED] W32\Autorun.worm.zf.gen PC and everything seemed fine Ran a couple of scans over network [SOLVED] W32\Autorun.worm.zf.gen and on PC and it all seemed good Then today we received this alert from our head-office that the PC was trying to transmit via the network to about or so PC's Well the PC is off the network now [SOLVED] W32\Autorun.worm.zf.gen I need some help to clean this up before it causes more havoc The PC is a HP dx which has the facility to do a HP Restore Install Before i do this i just wanna make sure that if i do this it isn't going to come back and haunt me afterwards If it would be safe to do this it would be the easiest option as the PC is not connected to the internet I suspect this virus was brought it via a flash drive even though this is forbidden I cannot figure out how to disable our McAfee VirusScan Enterprise i so i hope it did not interfere Here is DDS results ---------------------------- DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Administrator at on Wed Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV VirusScan Enterprise AntiSpyware Enterprise On-access scanning enabled Updated Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM DWRCS EXE C Program Files McAfee Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise VsTskMgr exe C Program Files PDF Complete pdfsvc exe C WINDOWS TIREMOTE TIRemoteService exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DWRCST exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files PDF Complete pdfsty exe C WINDOWS SMINST Scheduler exe C WINDOWS TIREMOTE TIServiceMonitor exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework UdaterUI exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exe F dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www hp com BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO scriptproxy db d a - - e -b d- f c - c program files mcafee virusscan enterprise scriptcl dll mRun IgfxTray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun HotKeysCmds c windows system hkcmd exe mRun Persistence c windows system igfxpers exe mRun PDF Complete quot c program files pdf complete pdfsty exe quot mRun SetRefresh c program files compaq setrefresh SetRefresh exe mRun Recguard c windows sminst Recguard exe mRun Reminder c windows creator Remind XP exe mRun Scheduler c windows sminst Scheduler exe mRun Track-It Workstation Manager Service Monitor c windows tiremote TIServiceMonitor exe mRun McAfeeUpdaterUI quot c program files mcafee common framework UdaterUI exe quot StartedFromRunKey mRun ShStatEXE quot c program files mcafee virusscan enterprise SHSTAT EXE quot STANDALONE dRunOnce RunNarrator Narrator exe dRunOnce TSClientMSIUninstaller cmd exe C quot cscript systemroot Installer TSClientMsiTrans tscuinst vbs quot mPolicies-explorer NoWelcomeScreen x IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBC - c program files java jre bin npjpi dll DPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab Notify igfxcui - igfxdev dll SERVICES DRIVERS R mferkdk VSCore mferkdk c program files mcafee virusscan enterprise mferkdk sys - - R McAfeeFramework McAfee Framework Service c program files mcafee common framework FrameworkService exe - - R McShield McAfee McShield c program ... Read more

A:[SOLVED] W32\Autorun.worm.zf.gen

Hi asidman,

Quote:

The PC is a HP dx2300 which has the facility to do a HP Restore Install. Before i do this i just wanna make sure that if i do this it isn't going to come back and haunt me afterwards

My suggestion is to go forward with the HP Restore Install, then run a scan with OTListIt.exe. Post the log when ready.

Download OTListIt2 to your desktop.
Double click the icon to start the tool.
Click Run Scan and let the program run uninterrupted.
When the scan is complete, two text files will be created, OTListIt.Txt and Extras.txt, on Desktop. I only need the contents of the OTListIt.txt

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/solved-w32-autorun-worm-zf-gen-357370.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello: I found out that my autorun.exe file appears to be corrupt and I need to reinstall the file.

Can someone there please tell me how to do this ? Thankyou very much for your time.

Relevancy 43%

Hi!So this is the problem. When I insert a CD or a DVD disk the autorun does not start!The disk is loaded and ready for use but there is no indication by the autorun!?This option is turned on - I checked!So why is it not working?

Relevancy 43%

Hi
I'm having an opportunity with Winzip self extracting files. After I create the self extracting file it works fine. But when I burn it to a cd along with "AUTORUN" I get an error message."Windows cannot access the specified device,path,file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item."
Its an Autorun.inf file and it won't execute the self extracting file. If I click the self extracting file on the cd after I burn it, it installs like it is suppose to.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
ajdupont

Relevancy 43%

I just upgraded (?) to Win2000. I do not like autorun and want to turn it off. I have done this on other systems, but neither I nor friends can find this option on (my) machine. I have searched/read all the posts I thought were appropriate but the only one which had steps did not match up with my system. I have checked every property I can think of (beginning with "device manager"... cd entries). I would have thought I could have done this in my sleep, but I am not familiar with Win2000, and I am missing something.

Relevancy 43%

when I put a cd (usually software cd's from mags) in pc, it opens with....wait for it.....notepad!!!
It has only started happening today?
Why? How do I get it to open properly? Even when I right click it to auto run or search etc, it just opens notepad (which has about 10 lines with a bit of info that i can't understand)

A:Solved: cd autorun problems

***mostly for xp i think...***

try to right click or go to properties and change what it is regularly opened with. there should be a box that you can check that says always open this kind of file with this application. Make sure its the correct application and then change it. also, you can change the auto-run for the cd so that it doesnt auto-run. Im not sure how to do this but i found a really awesome application to fix the registry. If you go to tweaks, then you can mess with some stuff....the name of the program is RegSeeker and im not sure where to get it...just google it

Hope this helps!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cd-autorun-problems.350137/
Relevancy 43%

My cdrom quit autoplaying after installing a game. Iv'e been all through the device manager and checked the auto insertion and it's fine, Iv'e tryed the noide thing no noide. Everything works fine I just have to manually start my cd's. Iv'e seen this problem before on a computer but just can't remember the fix for it. Can someone PLEASE help with this. Thanks in advance

A:{SOLVED} CDRom won't autorun

#10 here may fix it. If you use it, download it, unzip it and put the .reg file on your desktop and double click on it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cdrom-wont-autorun.35446/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have some CD's that I would like to be able to add an autorun program to but the files are webpages (that run from the CD). I've tried some freeware that said it could make these files autorun but it didn't work. Anybody have any suggestions how I can make this work. I am running WindowsXP but the people viewing the CD's could be using any operating system although it would most likely be a version of Windows.

Thanks

Relevancy 42.57%

hey. Im havin this problem with my drives. If I double click it an error occurs. It says, it couldnt find the script file C:\autorun.vbs. and whenever I right click on it, someweird characters are shown. With these, I cant seem to open my drives unless I explore them.Pls help.Tnx a bunch

Relevancy 42.57%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm II X Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce SE nForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard eMachines EL Antivirus Total Security Updated and Enabled Hi I have this unusual problem with my usb autorun inf files running the drive icons they work if the pc is either switched on with them plugged in or restart with them in But if I take the usb stick out and then put it back in the autorun inf files seems to not run see the pics what i want is for the icons to appear as I insert them with no need to reboot if possible also open to other solutions to the usb stick icon problem thanks in advance EDIT i tried a thing were i downloaded a reg file to unlock autorun inf but it did not help nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

I am trying to install SimCity 4 on Windows 7. I get an error message when I try to run autorun.exe. The instructions say;

Quote:

Insert the SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition disc into your CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive. The autorun menu appears.

I click on "Run RunGame.exe", the box disappears, and othing happens. The alternative method says:

Quote:

If the Autorun menu does not automatically appear, left-click the Start button from the Windows Taskbar and select Run... . Type C:\Autorun.exe in the Run dialog box, then click OK.

This time, an error message comes up saying:

Quote:

Windows cannot find 'C:\Autorun.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

I just uninstalled the game (which worked fine), but this keeps happening when I try to re-install it.
What do I need to do to make "Autorun.exe" run?

A:[SOLVED] Autorun.exe won't run, therefore can't install game

The autorun program would not be on C: which is the Windows drive.
Find the drive letter of the optical drive (could possibly be D: or E:) by opening Computer which is on the start menu.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-autorun-exe-wont-run-therefore-cant-install-game-630061.html
Relevancy 42.57%

ok so im going about my normal business doing the same thing i always do i plug my psp into my computer to add some music to it and bam everytime i plug my psp in kaspersky tells me this exactly File contains virus and cannot be disinfected Virus Worm Win Autorun edc File G Autorun inf then it gives me two options - gt Delete File will be deleted the copy of the file will be moved to backup - gt Skip Attempt of access to the file will be blocked File will not be changed or deleted if i hit just Autorun.inf Solved: go away virus wont delete kaspersky deletes it and about - seconds later kaspersky pops up again and tell me the same thing i delte again and it continues until i disconnect my psp i managed to open the autorun inf through the cmd prompt and it autoruns this quot RECYCLER S - - - - - - - autorunme exe quot i delete them both off the psp but it just keeps coming back i disconnected my psp and ran a full system scan on my computer last night and no virus s but if i connect my psp boom the same thing this virus has me at my limits and i dont know how to get rid of it or anything anymore so can anyone help me As always your help is greatly appreciated EDIT wow this is unbelievable seconds after i posted this i went back and this time i disabled hide system operating files and lo and behold the recycler came up Solved: Autorun.inf virus just wont go away but turns out that wasnt really the recycler folder that i thought it was it was the fake one so i deleted the fake one from my memory stick and went into the real recycle bin and deleted it again and disconnected my psp again and this time NO VIRUS so it seems i should probably try a little harder next time before i post a long easily solved problem well better get out of here before you guys yell at me btw if a mod wants to delete this it would be fine nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-autorun-inf-virus-just-wont-go-away.758766/
Relevancy 42.57%

hi all i m harry and i m new to the whole system of forums but since i wasn t able to find the solution by myself i thought it would autorun in vista Solved: problem be a good idea to ask Solved: autorun problem in vista for your help first of all sorry for my bad english recently my computer came up with a problem related to dvdrom autorun i made some search and i found many solutions none of them matching exactly my problem though i m running windows vista and some days ago i installed a game called trackmania demo downloaded from its website after installation it came up with an error saying that starforce drivers are not compatible with this operating system and therefore i wouldnt be able to run the game it continued sayind it didnt find any solution online so i was made to uninstall the game hoping to take starforce with it Instead of that now i have two roms that are the same i mean when i instert a disk it they both have the name of it and autorun is broken it no longer displays the window asking me what i want to do with the disk play explore and when i double clicked on the rom it said quot E application not found quot i unistalled starforce drivers with a program called sfdrvrem exe but nothing the only way to Solved: autorun problem in vista open my cd is by right clicking and open or explore in my try i deleted some registry keys including lower filters and upper filters and now it Solved: autorun problem in vista says quot the file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action quot i have a sony optiarc ad- a looking forward to your answer thanks in advance harry nbsp

A:Solved: autorun problem in vista

Welcome to TSG

maybe a system restore would fix this?
but listen to what other people have to say first

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-autorun-problem-in-vista.840215/
Relevancy 42.57%

How can i get rid of this?
[img=http://img212.imagevenue.com/loc412/th_52842_1_122_412lo.JPG]

A:Solved: Removing Autorun Options

Removing unwanted AutoPlay Handlers in Windows XP/Vista
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/autoplayhandlers.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-removing-autorun-options.662451/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi there, found this link after searching in Google for any clue as to what has happend to my laptop!
Basically a virus appeared, so after installing & running AVG I now have this script error of missing autorun/vbs!
More annoyingly, I have this random pop-up alert from a anti-virus site that just will NOT dissapear!

Anyhelp would be fanatstic please? I hjave already d/l & run 'filefind' with a notepad of the results.

Regards

pete1210

A:Solved: autorun/vbs problems after AVG scan

OK, strangely enough, so far today I have not experienced the random hitting multi-page anti-virus site that kept popping up yesterday shortly after I received this virus!
I have also installed & ran Super Ant-Spyware V4.2 & managed to rid quite alot of trojans & scam wares mainly from my System32 area....AVG's alerts have simmered down also ;-)

Just need to recover the autorun.vbs problem now & I'm sorted...I have seen one or two forums on other sites with various intructions on how to do this, but prefer to wait for a response here if possible please?

Kind regards

Pete

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-autorun-vbs-problems-after-avg-scan.745453/
Relevancy 42.57%

ive just got rid of a virus on my computer and now my cd drive and usb driver wont autorun, can sum1 help plz?

A:Solved: drivers wont autorun

Hello Scorpin. Please download this tool and run it to fix any defective Autoplay settings on your computer. After the procedure reboot the computer and see if the problem persists.

Hope that helps.

-- Goku

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-drivers-wont-autorun.787845/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi All,

I am trying to completely disable autorun in windows 7. I've turned off autoplay but I believe that differs from autorun.. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks All

Relevancy 42.57%

high all i have had trouble with malware and i ran combofix which can affect autorun so now i cant play dvd's cd's for some reason how do i enable autorun again on xp home i have looked up microsoft and changed 1 thing from 0 too 1 ?? all help be great

Relevancy 42.14%

My autorun doesnt function when I insert a CD. I've checked the registry entries and they are all set to the correct values.
It was working fine recently and the only changes I have made to the computer were to install windows upgrades, upgrade Java and PhysX.
Has anyone got any ideas. Ive tried another forum but apart from checking the registry values I havent had any other ideas

Relevancy 42.14%

Hi Guys and Girls.

When I connect my camera to my PC, I usually use Canon Zoombrowser to downlaod my pics.
However, the Intelli Studio program autoruns as soon as I connect, it then starts loading all my pics on the PC........

How do I stop it from autorunning please?
I can't find the prog in the Add/Remove, AFAIK the program came with my Samsung camera, but the only Samsung program I can find is for my EHD.

Any ideas or fixes please.

Many thanks in advance.
TJ

Relevancy 41.71%

Hi everyone A few days ago I suddenly couldn't update AVG anymore It always gives me an error telling me the connection with the server failed I also noticed that I can't connect Limewire P P program anymore and opening movie streams in Windows Media Player doesn't work anymore either I searched some forums for a solution and I found someone with a similar problem who also told he couldn't execute the quot cmd quot and quot regedit quot commands anymore anymore, AVG Can't update cmd regedit ... don't work anymore, and I tried it on my own computer and I can't run those things anymore either When I try executing them the explorer goes all weird and shuffles the program bars on the task bar I've manually downloaded the latest updates Can't update AVG anymore, cmd and regedit don't work anymore, ... for AVG installed them and did a full scan that didn't find a thing I also ran Can't update AVG anymore, cmd and regedit don't work anymore, ... AdAware which said I had some malware which I removed with it Then I also ran Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware which found some more malware so I removed it rebooted my pc but the problems still exist I'm hoping someone can help me with this problem because it's really anoying Here's my HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Can't update AVG anymore, cmd and regedit don't work anymore, ... MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Sygate SPF smc exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exeC Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exeC WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exec Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC Program Files Apoint Apoint exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exeC Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Apoint Apntex exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exeC Program Files Outlook Express msimn exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC WINDOWS explorer exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http breedband telenet beR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http games telenet be index phpR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http breedband telenet beR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http breedband telenet beR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Telenet InternetR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost lt local gt R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName KoppelingenO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO ClickCatcher MSIE ha... Read more

A:Can't update AVG anymore, cmd and regedit don't work anymore, ...

Hi Tom,Welcome to BC HijackThis forum. I am farbar. I am going to assist you with your problem.Please refrain from making any changes to your system (updating Windows, installing applications, removing files, etc.) from now on as it might prolong handling your log and make the job for both of us more difficult.Please download http://OTListIt2 by OldTimer.Save it to your desktop.Double click on the OTListIt2 icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Type or copy and paste in the Custom Scans/Fixes section: drivers32Click Run Scan button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them to your reply:OTListIt.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimized[*]Tell me also if you have set a proxy server or you recognize these setting:R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = 192.168.17.2:8080R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 10.10.10.26;192.168.2.103;192.168.101.70;192.168.101.74;localhost;<local>[/list]

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/226154/cant-update-avg-anymore-cmd-and-regedit-dont-work-anymore/
Relevancy 41.71%

My computer has been acting weirdly and I've noticed a software running on my system while checking the registry I've found the subkey HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE knight settings drive quot quot which is attributed to worm [SOLVED] changed my disk files knight, autorun.inf, .exe being knight But could not discover any other keys that may be caused by the worm After some research I've tried to find autorun inf knight exe files both in my c drive the only partition and usb memory stick The only suspicious file that I could identify was autorun inf in C Program Files Nero Nero [SOLVED] autorun.inf, disk knight, my .exe files being changed Core SecurDisc I don't know if this is malware [SOLVED] autorun.inf, disk knight, my .exe files being changed or a legitimate file I've run flash disinfector and panda active scan I've also done several other scans kaspersky ad-aware spybot s amp d running in safe mode They have not detected any threat [SOLVED] autorun.inf, disk knight, my .exe files being changed either I've then removed the offending key in the registry but it reappeared with the next boot My computer's general condition is that I constantly keep losing internet connection it runs too slowly the screen is frequently stalling Some regular programs fail to launch at start-up and it takes quite a long time for my system to load Altough no update is being performed Kaspersky's proactive defense gives alerts about my system files like svchost exe iexplore exe keyboardmanager exe etc being changed The firewall also gives alerts about outbound udp connections attempted by svchost exe or explorer exe on different ports that they did not use to I really need an expert's advice in removing this stubborn usb drive virus Any help would be appreciated Thanx in advance Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Serap on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Sistem Denetleme Noktas Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup Total Physical Memory MiB MiB recommended -- HijackThis run as Serap exe ----------------------------------------------- Unable to find log file not found running clone -- HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------ Emulating logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at - - Platform Windows XP Service Pack MSIE Internet Explorer Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS system smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZCfgSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin OProtSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader reader sl exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EOUWiz exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin iFrmewrk exe C Program Files Keyboard Manager Manager Utility KeyboardManager exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS sm hlpr exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Serap Desktop dss exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system WBEM WMIADAP... Read more

A:[SOLVED] autorun.inf, disk knight, my .exe files being changed

I've found another virus signal:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wget

mynetwatchman log:

{unknown_file}
IP flows: Type Service State Local IP Remote IP Remote IP Count
Outbound TCP/80 NOTSPECIFIED 0.0.0.0 66.110.201.18 1
Listener TCP/139 LISTENING 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 0
Listener TCP/445 LISTENING 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 0

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/solved-autorun-inf-disk-knight-my-exe-files-being-changed-193557.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I think I must have had this problem about 3 times now with my autorun.inf getting infected leading me to believe it's a flash drive I have been using thats infected.

Anyways, I can't view hidden files and I've attempted the DOS method of removing hidden file properties then deleting it to no avail.

Various nasties found by Spybot S&D : Win32.Rungbu.a is quite persistant, even after Spybot removes it. I have attached HJT log and a Malwarebytes log.

Kavo.exe and other variances (looks like ckvo.exe now) seem to be the root and malwarebytes log says "no action taken" on it.

Any help would be great, as well as a few suggestions on how to avoid this bugger for the 4th time.

Thanks

Relevancy 41.71%

Hello Let me start by saying thank you in advance for any advice and help you ll be good enough to provide Here are the details - The problem - Auto run does not work a Discs do not auto run but I can access the data on them via My Computer I ve also verified the -RW drive can successfully write b Clickfree software does not automatically launch when I plug the Clickfree drive in but I DO get the USB chime and the Clickfree system opens From there I can run the software and begin a backup Auto Solved: Won't Problem DVD-ROM, Camera Play - Autorun manually c My camera Canon A is not recognized at all This is the biggest problem as there is no manual work around Mobo Asus K V SE Deluxe OS XP What Solved: Auto Play Problem - DVD-ROM, Camera Won't Autorun I ve done so far A lot I ll try to remember it all -- I ve used regedit to verify that the auto play key is set to It is I ve used TweakUI to verify auto play is enabled for the optical media DVD-ROM and DVD-RW It is I ve uninstalled the software that came with my camera Canon A and reinstalled it I ve ran autofix exe A problem was Solved: Auto Play Problem - DVD-ROM, Camera Won't Autorun found with the Local Computer Policy I clicked quot Repair quot and rebooted but this did not fix the problem In fact the next time I run autofix exe it identifies the same problem Interesting tidbit - the first time I ran this it found a problem with the Clickfree Prior to repairing that problem I could still access the Clickfree manually via My Computer but the system window would not open automatically I recently replaced AVG with Avast anti-virus replaced ZoneAlarm with Comodo firewall and installed SuperAnti-Spyware I found malware and deleted it I can t remember the names there was one virus and some spyware Researched on them seemed to say that none of them were overly malignant I decided to go with an abundance of caution though and ran CCleaner to scrub the registry In doing I think I scrubbed something I shouldn t have I hope someone knows how to fix this I m at my wits end and I have some pics on my camera that I really need to download to my PC So please help Hoops nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

i have been trying to install sims 2 the game but my autorun feature doesn't work and everytime i try to use it is sends my computer into non responsive please help

A:Solved: autorun doesnt work and sends my pc into a non responsive fit

when i directly run autorun i get this message
"a problem occured when trying to transfer the file f:\autorun\es_autorun.bmp from the media"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-autorun-doesnt-work-and-sends-my-pc-into-a-non-responsive-fit.814497/
Relevancy 41.71%

When I try to open my Sandisk USB 1 GB memory stick, I get this message ‘Can not(SIC) find script file “J://autorun.vbs”.’
This only happens when I double click on the USB drive from the “My Computer window”. If I just put in the drive for the first time, it opens OK.
I got an alert from McAfee virus scan yesterday, about a Trojan horse detected and removed. So sorry, can’t remember the name, can’t find any log file. I scanned the computer and USB memory stick, both say clean now. But when I try to ‘double click’ open the memory drive, I still get the error “Can not find script file “J://autorun.vbs”.’ and the drive won’t open.
Do I have a virus?
Should I just format the stick drive? I guess I will only loose some software that came with the drive?
Thanks,
Drew

Relevancy 41.28%

I don't remember when it happened. But this is the current situation:

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/8228/51296263.jpg

Specs:
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a387/GbeTech/Compspecs2.gif?t=1250505503

Further explanation: I've set 1 virtual drive with Daemon Tools, which should be shown in My computer, but isn't. Also my two hardware CD/DVD Drives aren't recognized, and when I put discs in it, nothing shows up (I can't burn as well).

Seems like a simple fix, I just don't know what those exclamation marks mean.

Thanks!

A:Solved: CD/DVD Drives unrecognized w/ yellow "!" in Device Manager, Virtual drives do

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cd-dvd-drives-unrecognized-w-yellow-in-device-manager-virtual-drives-do.853045/
Relevancy 40.42%

I m running Windows Vista bit on my laptop and my BitDefender has popped a message saying I have been infected by Autorun qr and it is located in Autorun inf It says it has denied access to it and the system is now protected it but the message still pops up about it now and then Apparently when I do google searches the searches go good but whenever I click a search link I Autorun.Inf/Autorun.qr infection! :O get redirected to a malware sites such as info-feed com I set my antivirus shield to quot aggressive quot and my firewall is now set to quot ask quot I can t seem to click Deep System Scan or any scan actually I m also not able to update Windows by running Windows Update I get error WindowsUpdate I searched up the code and it says that either a quot computer virus that has turned off the Windows Automatic Update or another service on your computer that is needed by Windows Update quot I read somewhere Autorun.Inf/Autorun.qr infection! :O that it can run on usb devices and the best thing to do to make it not infect it is to make a folder on the root of the usbs called AUTORUN INF So I attached usbs and did that but I read in another forum that it is baddd to attach any usbs while being infected slaps forehead I m not sure if usbs are infected though gt lt help would be greatly appreciated

A:Autorun.Inf/Autorun.qr infection! :O

Please download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs and save it to your desktop.Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.Hold down the Shift key when inserting the drive until Windows detects it to keep autorun.inf from executing if it is present.Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.Reboot your computer when done.Note: As part of its routine, Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive that was plugged in when you ran it. Do not delete this folder...it will help protect your drives from future infection by keeping the autorun file from being installed on the root drive and running other malicious files.Then run Mbam from the USB device,Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (v1.36) and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2If you have a previous version of MBAM, remove it via Add/Remove Programs and download a fresh copy.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install. Alternatively, you can update through MBAM's interface from a clean computer, copy the definitions (rules.ref) located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from that system to a usb stick or CD and then copy it to the infected machine.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/217697/autoruninfautorunqr-infection-o/
Relevancy 40.42%

Since this morning i can do anything on my username anymore I cant install programs for some reason nothing in my system tray opens well only wireless connection sound safely remove hardware and VNC come up at the start on computer Solved: anything can't do my anymore. I MY antvirus doesnt start up to So i went on my sisters account shes an administrator to and i installed adaware and scanned wtih housecall and it found viruses but i think it has nothing to do with this it was called chck jbean a something like that i think it was from the program magical jelly bean so anyway i cant install anything on my user name and when i installed adaware i chose all users on this computer and it didnt install on my username and my start menu changed to this when i had it at classic menu so i went to control panel and guess what i cant click change back to classic view what should i do o yeah and my Solved: I can't do anything on my computer anymore. internet is going very slow on my username but on the others it goes at normal speed and now i notice i Solved: I can't do anything on my computer anymore. cant even download anything it just stays at that screen then gives me Solved: I can't do anything on my computer anymore. the red error box and i cant change any of my internet settings like changing the home page on startup it keeps changing back man i think whatever is doing this is preventing me from fixing my computer i cant even get into device manager its like my computer has been reformatted but everyting is still here like when i open internet explorer its like it wasjust installed it asked me to change search provider and evetrything i close it it deltes my cookies to and when i go to google i cant click the seatrch button notthing happens nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-i-cant-do-anything-on-my-computer-anymore.661023/