Windows Support Forum

wireless network icon not showing up

Q: wireless network icon not showing up

i cant see the wireless network icon.please help.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: wireless network icon not showing up

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: wireless network icon not showing up

Open wireless network connection properties and there you will see option 'show icon when connected'. Tick it right and restart the connection.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-network-icon-not-showing-up-634244.html
Relevancy 82.99%

in the tray at the right hand bottom side of the screen I usually have my Wireless internet Icon and its just suddenly disappeared I am still connected to the internet but I like to see my connection speed and strength I tray showing Network not Icon Wireless in have no idea how to get it back there I Wireless Network Icon not showing in tray ve tried going to show all connections - gt then right clicking my wireless then propeties and turning on quot show icon in notification area Wireless Network Icon not showing in tray when connected quot that dosen t work I ve also tried the classic drag and drop method but it wont let me Wireless Network Icon not showing in tray drop it into the right-hand side The icon just isn t there anymore its driving me insane I can still see it in network places but i want it back in the tray i m sure this seems abit silly to some people Anyone got any suggestions Also i m using Windows XP Edit I also forgot to say I got rid of an MSN virus that I was dumb enough to accept its the one that says quot is this REALLY YOU then a zip file comes called Picts-XXXX X random number I got rid of it by deleting a file The file was called Jucheck it was trying to hide itself as being a java file and if anyone needs to know how to kill that annoying virus just go to start gt run gt type REGEDIT gt click ok gt then HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run and delete the file called jucheck its location thing should be quot System dllcache jucheck exe quot the restart your computer then delete the rest of the pict files in your C Windows folder also go here HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control and change quot WaitToKillServiceTimeout quot quot quot to quot WaitToKillServiceTimeout quot quot quot and it should be gone lt --- im only saying this because I know how annoying it is nbsp

Relevancy 82.13%

My W510 right bottom corner network icon always shows as no network. and if I plug in the network cable, the wired and wireless icon and switch back and forward automatically. I am thinking my need to update the wireless adapter but I found there are four of them on the site and I don't know which one i should use. Anybody can help me? thanks     

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/w510-wireless-icon-always-showing-no-network-issue/td-p/3344834
Relevancy 80.41%

I've tried everything to get it back. In my network connections, it only shows my local area connection. I can't connect to a wireless network, and my wifi light on my keyboard isn't even lit.
I don't have any switches or buttons on my keyboard either that would allow me to enable or disable wireless internet.
I do have a wireless card built into my computer, and I have been able to connect to wireless networks for the three years that I've owned this laptop. It basically just stopped working a few weeks ago.
By the way, it's Windows XP. Anyone have any idea how to get my Wifi back?

A:Wireless Connection icon not showing in Network Connections window or Taskbar

Anyone have any idea how to get my Wifi back?Click to expand...

Let's see if we can find where it went.

What is listed under Network Adapters in Device Manager? What, if any, warnings or errors are anywhere in Device Manager?

What is the brand and model of your laptop?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-icon-not-showing-in-network-connections-window-or-taskbar.956465/
Relevancy 70.09%

ever since my last factory restore my network icon shows i am in a local access only but i have access to the web like right now i am on this forum but my computer says i only have access to the not network icon taskbar right icon showing internal network i asked this question in the newsgroup and they said to make sure the services for the network were put down as automatic and that they were started this is the reply i got Double check to make sure that you have the have the Services quot Network Connections quot quot Network List Service quot quot Network Location Awareness quot and quot Network Store Interface Service quot set to Started and Automatic If these are not then it can cause the Network icon to not function properly http www vistax com tutorials -services html Hope this helps Shawn well he was partially right there was something not running and one of them network icon taskbar icon not showing right was manual but it still does the same thing hope someone can network icon taskbar icon not showing right help me also it seems to occur mostly when my aircard is connected it is pcmcia btw it is from t-mobile and i disabled the wifi antenna on the air card since my laptop already has one and it aircard wifi is being a pain because it is trying to connect even tho my laptop antenna is connected which it's why it is disabled edit my apology i wasn't aware that the newsgroup and forum where interconnected but the issue is still not fixed hope someone else has an idea

A:network icon taskbar icon not showing right

*bump* no one can help me further?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/179014-network-icon-taskbar-icon-not-showing-right.html
Relevancy 66.65%

i have the exact same problem and cannot find a fix. nobody seems to know how to fix it. i seached everwhere. if u find a solution please post it. thanks

Relevancy 65.79%

Hello, I am new to SevenForums

Anyway so up until the beginning of the month my networking tray icon was working fine, showing the bars that show for WiFi and stuff... but now it just shows the LAN connection icon with a red "X" on top of it...

System Specs

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
6GB of RAM
AMD E-350 Processor 1.60 GHz

A:Tray Icon for Network always showing a red X?

Lets try flushing DNS cache and renewing your IP.

Flush the DNS cache and restore MS's Hosts file ...
Copy and paste these lines in Note pad.

@Echo on
pushd\windows\system32\drivers\etc
attrib -h -s -r hosts
echo 127.0.0.1 localhost>HOSTS
attrib +r +h +s hosts
popd
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns
netsh winsock reset all
netsh int ip reset all
shutdown -r -t 1
del %0

Save as flush.bat to your desktop. Right click on the flush.bat file to run it as Administrator.

Your computer will reboot itself.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/220947-tray-icon-network-always-showing-red-x.html
Relevancy 65.79%

my wireless net is not working even though the icon and the properties say "connected"
when i disable the net and restart, it starts working for 1 few mins, and works without interruption in safe mode with networking, i have windows 7 professional on my laptop.
please help!
m quite annoyed

A:wireless not working though the icon is showing connected

Welcome to SF,

Check the browser's settings, remove or uncheck any proxy settings if found.
http://www.library.kent.edu/page/14299

Any Security Software installed - McAfee, Norton or similar?

If you are using any 3rd party utility manager to wireless connect, disable the WLAN Auto Config for Vista/Win7 from Control Panel's Services. Click on Start and type services.msc press enter, locate WLAN Auto Config and Disable. Otherwise, the WLAN Auto Config needs to be Started if you're using Windows WZC.

If it's still an issue please provide an ipconfig /all of your computer.
Click on Start => in run or search box type cmd press enter (run as Admin). From the black screen, type the word ipconfig /all and press enter. Right click on the black screen or Command prompt then choose Select All and Paste the results here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/166488-wireless-not-working-though-icon-showing-connected.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello again, seven forums

I have an annoying error

If you look at the picture below, you will see that my network icon shows that I am not connected, even though I am??

Does anyone know a way to stop this? It has been happening for a couple of days, over loads of reboots

A:Network icon in status bar showing not connected?

Did you recently change/update/install anything on the computer around the time this started happening?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/233542-network-icon-status-bar-showing-not-connected.html
Relevancy 64.5%

hi i ve begun to really get concerned and annoying with my problem It never did this before sort of out of the blue Ive also done all sorts of virus ad-ware scans defrag etc Everytime i reboot desktop loads fine all icons etc Even virus program shows up in start bar But the computer will laag and i cant really do anything until a few minutes pass by and the Wireless Icon shows up in the start bar Its important since i Use it to connect to the internet Does anyone know why it could be taking so long to load up and start Everything else seems to load desktop not and laags showing up it up after until shows Icon boot, Wireless up After it finally shows Wireless Icon not showing up after boot, and desktop laags until it shows up itself everything runs smoothly up to minutes is abnormally too long of a wait just for the wireless connection to load On another note my startup does seem a little longer than nornal when it first starts before the xp Wireless Icon not showing up after boot, and desktop laags until it shows up logo there is a blinking dash line and it blinks longer than it use too Sorry for the long explanation if anyone has any ideas please let me know Ive also tried uninstalling wireless connection and letting it reinstall and drivers r updated nbsp

A:Wireless Icon not showing up after boot, and desktop laags until it shows up

Check your MSCONFIG (start/run/msconfig/enter) go to the startup tab and this has what your XP loads on bootup. In there look at each entry and decide if you REALLY need it or not. BTW Spyware and ad-ware will put junk in there as well. Uncheck anything you don't want loading on startup and you will notice the PC starting quicker.

Be careful playing in this though as if you disable too many devices you can have other issues.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-icon-not-showing-up-after-boot-and-desktop-laags-until-it-shows-up.551306/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello so this problem has happened to me before and it's gone away before but now it's back and it's staying for longer than it has previously So the first thing I noticed is that in Network programs symbol keeps loading and run showing icon don't the bottom right on the toolbar my network icon has the loading symbol around it It doesn't go away unless I right click on it in which case it shows that I'm not connected to a network I can still open and run my browser however pages like pandora or youtube don't load Any program that connects online such as games and some that don't refuses to open I can't open Network Network icon keeps showing loading symbol and programs don't run and Sharing Center or any page in Control Center for that matter I also can't run any troubleshooters I've tried restarting my computer in various safe modes including with command prompt where I ran sfc scannow This brought Network icon keeps showing loading symbol and programs don't run up a message saying that some files were corrupted but could not be fixed I also restored my computer to a previous time when my computer was working fine and that fixed the problem until I restarted my computer the next day when the problem returned I know it's not my network that is the problem my wifi works fine and I've double checked all the cables to my modem router and the Ethernet cable which I tried switching out Sorry for such a long post and thank you to anyone who took the time to read it also thanks in advance to anyone who can give me some advice

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/394426-network-icon-keeps-showing-loading-symbol-programs-dont-run.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello TSG Forums I Network Adapter Not Working! Missing Icon; Wireless Wireless ve got quite the challenge for you guys Missing Wireless Network Icon; Wireless Adapter Not Working! I ve gone through two different tech support lines three computer savvy friends and every troubleshooting trick and tip I could scour off of the internet All efforts have been in vain thus far Missing Wireless Network Icon; Wireless Adapter Not Working! So as to not make this post too long I ll get to the point I recently bought a new wireless adapter to connect to the internet with Previously I was using an older adapter that my room mate was lending me a Motorola Wireless USB Adapter WU G to be exact At first when I installed the motorola it didn t work I can t remember what I did to make it work for the life of me but I eventually twisted my computer s arm enough that it gave in Now it s uninstalled from my computer along with I hope all the drivers and programs that were using it So I bought a new adapter Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO USB Network Adapter - F D read the instructions carefully and made sure that it was installed just as the manual says Install the software wait for the prompt etc etc Everything seemed to be going smoothly until I tried to configure my connections Where the wireless detects all the access points and you put in your WEP key etc The wireless adapter seemed to be doing nothing The device manager showed the adapter with no problems and no errors but the program was stubbornly pretending that my wireless adapter didn t exist After trying multiple USB ports uninstalling reinstalling with no progress I concluded to myself that the adapter must be defective The LED light came on now and then but it was slow and very seldom I assumed that it was only recognizing that it had power So after ensuring that the previous adapter was completely uninstalled I take it back to my retailer and trade it off for a new model of a similar price D-Link DWA USB n Adapter - DWA This one upon installing at least seemed more active The LED light would blink now and then as if it were pinging for a signal of some sort So I install it again making sure that I m following the instructions to the letter When the installation finishes and it goes directly into the connection configuration it gives me an error And I quote quot Wireless Adapter not found Please insert the adapter now quot Again windows recognizes the device no errors no visible problems Also when I open Network Connections there is only my LAN line listed I have no wireless network icon and I can t seem to get it to appear So after several hours of tech support and no progress I turn to my friends who are equally baffled The last hours have been mostly dedicated to scouring the internet for clues to the problem So far I ve gone through a whole bunch of dead ends and a list or two of troubleshooting ideas Nothing so far has helped Here are the things I ve tried so far Everything described on this list unless it pertained to dial up networking Uninstalling and reinstalling the driver and software several times Installing the driver without the software Installing with Wireless Zero Configuration stopped in services msc I m running a Sony VAIO with Windows XP Media Center Edition If you need to know anything else about my setup just ask Please assist if you can I m running out of options Elliot nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

So guys I have been having this problem for several days One day I noticed that my wireless internet icon was gone from the taskbar I thought that s easy I d set it to show from Network Connections However when I went to Control Panel Network Connections would not open no hourglass or Network service Solved: start, wireless no Connections cannot network icon anything Nothing So I went to services msc and sure enough Network Connections was disabled I set it to Manual and tried to start it I got the error quot Could not start Network Connections on Local Computer xc quot This is bringing me down because I ve searched for an answer online for days nothing worked I tried using regsvr to register netshell dll but I got the error quot netshell dll was loaded but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found This file cannot be registered quot I have Windows XP Home Edition SP I have scanned for viruses with avast Home Edition Solved: Network Connections service cannot start, no wireless network icon found nothing And very surprisingly I still have internet But I travel so I need to choose my wireless networks and this way I can t Thank you in advance for any help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-connections-service-cannot-start-no-wireless-network-icon.758745/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi!

I seemed to have this problem for a long time. I am a little experienced with problems and programming, so if you could post pictures in the steps provided, it would make it easier for me!

The network icon displays a red X symbol and an ethernet cable symbol with a computer screen symbol in the background. I'm currently connected to a wireless network (on Windows 7 Home Premium x64), and the notification box shows that I'm connected to the network properly, but the icon itself shows that I'm disconnected. I have tried to fix this problem by uninstalling and re-installing some wireless adapter drivers (Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter, VirtualBox Service - I think that caused the problem, and Virtual WiFi Filter Driver), I tried to clear the icon cache in the registry, and I used the troubleshooter for the Network and Sharing Center.

I don't know what to do now. Help would be appreciated. Thanks!

A:Network Icon Displays a Red X but I'm Connected to a Wireless Network

Hi welcome to 7F

that icon showing because you do not have an ethernet cable plugged into laptop.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/352990-network-icon-displays-red-x-but-im-connected-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi

I have a problem with connecting my laptop wirelessly to my router(network).

Basically when I do a search for available networks in windows XP it comes up with alot of networks apart from my one. I can connect via ethernet cable but not Wirelessly, the other thing is I have three other computers that can see and connect to my network wirelessly.

I have looked in the router settings and the laptop I want to connect with has been allowed full internet access, also the show SSID option has been activated.

This has really confused me as I have no idea why I cannot see the network as the router settings seem fine and I can see other wireless networks so I know my laptop is searching properly.

Any help would be really appreciated guys .
Thanks Lee

Relevancy 61.06%

Hi

I had to set my laptop IBM thinkpad back to factory settings and lost my wireless network tab not sure how to find it. Have searched for the past couple of days and cant seem to figure this one out.

Thank you in advance.

Sharon

A:Wireless network tab not showing

Try this: Go Start>Run and type in msconfig. In the Services tab, make sure there's a tick in the Wireless Zero Configuration box. If not, put one in. click OK, restart and tick the "don't show me" box, then OK

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-network-tab-not-showing-478404.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I'm having trouble connecting to my wireless network. I've had my laptop for a few months now and have been able to connect to the network no prob until now. Now the modem isn't being recognised in the available networks but the neighbours ones are. The problem isn't the modem either because I'm using it on a different laptop now. I don't know what to do. Please help.
I have a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Li1718 laptop running Windows Vista and a dlink wireless router.

A:wireless network not showing

Have you reset the wireless router, just to see if that wakes it up? Does the computer connect using a wired connection?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-not-showing.774085/
Relevancy 60.2%

Recently I created a new network via Flash Drive, and I connected it to my router and it was a success. But the next day I found out my other wireless network now doesn't show up, which made my friend who uses it pretty pissed. So I was wondering what did I do wrong, and how can I get the other network up?

A:Wireless network connection not showing

Recently I created a new network via Flash Drive ...Click to expand...

Please explain.

... found out my other wireless network now doesn't show up ...Click to expand...

What other wireless network?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection-not-showing.963850/
Relevancy 60.2%

So my computer is a Windows 7 computer, with NO wifi.

I have it plugged into my media link wireless router (which is plugged into my motorola surfboard modem)

And somehow there is a wireless network showing here or there called "virus.exe"

It has about two bars. and occasionally it disappears.

I'm wondering how in the world I could be picking up a wireless network called "virus.exe" when I'm only plugged directly into the modem, and my computer doesn't actually have wifi.

Is my computer showing all of the wifi connections received by my wireless modem? Shouldn't it be showing up as a wired connection?

It was confusing me. Seems simple but at the same time I would expect my computer to only pick up the wired connection.

appreciate the help!

A:Virus.exe showing as a wireless network

Click here DDS

Click on Download Now button

When the download is complete . Drag the DDS program from the Downloads folder to your Desktop

Double click the DDS icon on the Desktop then click the Run button to run the tool.

Place a check next to attact.txt and click Start . When done, DDS will open two logs DDS.txt
Attach.txt

Save two logs onto your desktop and upload them with your reply

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/295478-virus-exe-showing-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 60.2%

PC Specs in case it s needed Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD FX tm - Six-Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard adapter showing up network isn't Wireless anywhere Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte AC Antivirus Panda Free Antivirus Updated and Enabled Recently I had an issue with my computer where everything would run extremely slowly and would freeze regularly I managed to get it fixed with the help of the people over at the hardware forums and my computer is now working fine for the most part But now my computer will not detect any wi-fi networks as in it won t even attempt to find any possible wireless connections I used to have it where I would be connected wirelessly but now internet only works when I m plugged in with an ethernet cord My modem and router aren t the cause of this issue either because all of my other devices can connect just fine Even in Wireless network adapter isn't showing up anywhere my computer s device manager and adapter settings the option icon for my wireless network adapter is missing Can anyone help me restore it nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-adapter-isnt-showing-up-anywhere.1166960/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi All I was running D-link DI- wireless router My desktop was connected to the net no problem For years using a D-Link AirPlus Extreme G DWL-G Adapter My work laptop was able to connect as well I had WEP enabled Now I ve upgraded to the Dlink DI- M so that my kids computers upstairs and at the other end of the house could get a better signal supposedly Anyway w o WEP enabled my laptop and desktop can connect no problem However even though my desktop can connect if I try to view available networks nothing shows up The advanced button is not even enabled The only option is the cancel button When I enable the WEP I can find my network in the available networks and connect to it no problem with my laptop However my desktop now will not connect And again there is no available networks to Wireless (when Solved: Showing Up Not Network WEP)? find even though I m broadcasting my networks name The advanced button isn t enabled either so I can t even type in the network name Why would I not be able to see or do anything at all except cancel when I look at the available networks on my desktop which is running win xp pro sp Thanks P S The quot Wireless Networks quot tab is completely missing from my desktop Wireless Network Connection Properties window when I right click on the wireless tray icon I was there with the previous router but not this one And as mentioned if WEP is not enabled I can Solved: Wireless Network Not Showing Up (when WEP)? connect with the desktop nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

the wifi adapter is not showing up and no sign in the device manager also ... ive tried reinstalling the driver and even formatting the system but nothing worked.. still not showing upany helpthank u in adavnce

A:wireless network adater not showing

Hey @Rajakar, I understand you are having you're having some trouble connecting your notebook to WiFi and I would like to help. Here is a list of steps that commonly resolve issues with wireless connectivity. First, we have a step by step guide to walk you through the troubleshooting process here: Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection A second option, is to try these steps:Power cycle the network:1. Shut down your notebook.2. Unplug the power to your router.3. Unplug the power to your modem.4. Wait at least 45 seconds.5. Plug in the modem, and wait for it to come back online.6. Plug in the router, and wait for it to come back online.7. Turn on your notebook, and test your connection.Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)2. Expand the Network adapters.3. Right click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.4. Click the Power Management tab.5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.6. Click OK.7. Test.Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.It may also help to reset the winsock catalogue:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.Reinstall the network adapter drivers:1. Download the drivers from here but do not run them yet.2. Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.3. Expand Network adapters.4. Right click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.6. Restart your PC and test.Test an Ethernet connection:Self explanatory. Test if the issue persists on a wired connection to rule out the wireless adapter hardware so troubleshooting can be directed towards the right areas.Test another connection:Many people rule out their home network as an issue if another device is working on the same network. Networking is not that simple. Each device interacts differently with your router or modem and it is impossible to rule out settings in that device until the notebook has been tested on another network.If those three steps do not resolve the issue, try this document published by Microsoft for networking issues: Wired and wireless network problems. You can change the operating system with the drop-down in the upper-right corner of the document. The above steps are brought to you by @Great-Deku-Tree Hope this helps. If it does, please hit the Thumbs Up and Accept as Solution. Cheers,TechSurge.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wireless-network-adater-not-showing/td-p/5656408
Relevancy 59.77%

Some background first Last night I went not network is on Solved: showing Router up wireless is but trolling around for a solution to an ip address conflict message I receive when I try to go onto Xbox live via a network bridge on my laptop What I eventually ended up doing was going into my tp-link wireless router settings not sure of the exact model number as I am not home right now and reserving two different ip addresses for my laptop and my Xbox using their MAC addresses It didn t appear to do anything now I think possibly because my Xbox Solved: Router is on but wireless network is not showing up needs the same ip as my laptop Anyways I tried to go onto Xbox live and it worked at the start as it always does and then minutes in the ip address conflict message came up usually meaning a disconnect from Xbox live is imminent But I actually ended up staying online for another hours until the Internet crashed Upon further investigation I noticed that my wireless network was Solved: Router is on but wireless network is not showing up not even showing up on my computer my phone or any of my roommates computers I went upstairs to check the wireless router and it was seemingly working correctly i e no flashing lights or anything Not quite sure what to do I would go back and change the router settings Solved: Router is on but wireless network is not showing up but I don t think I can without a connection to it Sorry for the length wanted to paint te best picture I could Thanks Mitch P S I am not the most tech savvy person I know my way around a computer well but I probably shouldn t have been messing with DHCP settings Thanks again so much nbsp

A:Solved: Router is on but wireless network is not showing up

Some routers have a bug that they will give the same IP address to a device (e.g., your Xbox) that is on a bridged connection as the computer with the bridge. The reason for the bug is that when the Xbox requests an IP address the router has available the MAC Address of the computer and the Xbox, but uses only the one for the computer. Thus, with this bug the Dhcp reservation you tried (is a good idea but) will not work either. You have to assign a static IP configuration on the Xbox. First you can try a firmware update for the router (and then reset it to factory defaults) to see if that will fix the problem.

Of course, the above is all academic if we can't get the router working again. Start simple--just unplug the router for a minute or two. If that doesn't work try unplugging it for two or three hours. If still not working reset it to factory default settings. If the wireless is still not working after that it is time to replace the router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-router-is-on-but-wireless-network-is-not-showing-up.1023286/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey there I have a lenovo ideapad z with windows that I've had for about months It would occasionally drop wifi but usually I could just reset the wireless adapter or unplug and refresh my router and everything would go back to normal Yesterday my wireless dropped and I feel like I have tried just about everything but can't get it back I've uninstalled and reinstalled the wireless adapter reverted the system to a previous version cleared the dns cache disabled the bluetooth driver updated the driver for the wireless adapter deleted and readded the profile and still nothing I also tried going into services and manuarlly turning on the Wireless PAN DHCP server but get error The process terminated unexpectedly When I troubleshoot it either says I have not chosen to connect to any wireless networks even though I have let's me select my network which shows bars and then says can't connect I ran the Intel PROset wireless diagnostics tool and I seem to keep failing the association test but I can't figure out how to get around that I ran ipconfig all wireless able not but connect network 8 Windows to Showing and for both the wireless lan adapter local area Windows 8 Showing wireless network but not able to connect connection and the wireless LAN adapter WIFI it says the media is disconnected not sure if that matters I am able to get to internet when I plug in ethernet but as I travel a lot that's not really a long term solution I know I can get a USB wireless adapter but I would love to figure out what is natively wrong Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

A:Windows 8 Showing wireless network but not able to connect

I think you need to be trying this with out the Intel PROset Wireless application.

You are able to uninstall the Intel PROset application but this does i believe come bundled with the driver.

1. First up download the Driver with out the Intel software:

Windows 8:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...23492&lang=eng

Windows 8.1:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...23493&lang=eng

2. Then you will want to unstinall the Intel PROSet Wireless application from Add and remove hardware.

+ R
Types "Appwiz.cpl", click "Ok"
Then uninstall Intel PROSet

3. I then recommend you turn off automatic driver installation:
Drivers - Turn Off Automatic Driver Installation - Windows 7 Help Forums

4. install the Wireless Driver you downloaded earlier.

Give that a try and post results back.

Cheers,
Harry

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/40934-windows-8-showing-wireless-network-but-not-able-connect.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I recently reinstalled XP Pro on my HP Compaq nc6230 laptop. I didnt have the drive disc so I downloaded 2 drivers from the HP site for sound and wireless internet.

I noticed on my network connections, this is all that shows up:

shouldnt there be other LAN connections or something like that? Im trying to bridge a connection so that I can plug my xbox live ethernet cable straight into my laptop, and use it as a "wireless" tool. Ive done it before, but I just reformatted windows like I said.

Relevancy 59.77%

I have taken a new laptop Lenovo 3000 Y410. Into the configuration list there is an on board wireless adaptar. I have installed driver also. But it is not showing in network connection.

I am not able to use any wireless connection. Even while switching on the wireless then no lights are blinking.

What is the solution.

Relevancy 59.77%

So my computer likes to do this thing once in a while where it will say that I am connected Wireless connected showing not network connecting but to my wireless network but will not allow me to access any website chat programs or play World of Warcraft I ve tried everything that I can think of restarting my computer resetting the connection on my wireless router resetting the connection on my wireless connection Wireless network showing connected but not connecting booster unplugging the connection on my wireless router for seconds to rest completely Nothing is working It s done this to me before but after much messing around with it I don t remember exactly Wireless network showing connected but not connecting what I did to make it work I need help I use a linksys router that is connected to the computer three flights down and I have Wireless Access Point on the second floor to kind of boost the connection which I do not believe is working since I am having this issue anyway It was working until about an hour and a half ago I installed a bluetooth connection to my computer to be able to use my headset When I came back a half hour after the install I have been having this problem I do not think it has anything to do with my issue though but I could be wrong that is why I am throwing it in here nbsp

A:Wireless network showing connected but not connecting

How did you install the bluetooth over the network or using a CD? If you could remove the driver and see if that fixes the problem. There could be a conflict with the driver and the NIC wireless driver. Best bet is to remove the NIC driver for the wirless device.. Reboot the laptop or desktop then re-install the NIC driver back or you could install the bluetooth device first then the NIC driver to see if that fixes the problem.

Or you could try to fix network protocols by flushing / purging the 3 caches.

click on start
click on run
type: cmd

type each below

nbtstat -r
netsh interface ip delete arpcache
ipconfig /flushdns

If you get an error on the last one then you have a DNS client service is not running error.

This can be fixed by typing this in the same area you had type the one above

REG ADD HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Dnscache /V Start /T REG_DWORD /F /D 2

Wait for the okay then reboot the system
Login back then click on run type: cmd
type: ipconfig /flushdns this should work..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-showing-connected-but-not-connecting.89227/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello everyone, I have a big problem.
On my desktop computer, the wireless network icon does NOT appear in the bottom right hand corner, it also does not appear when I go to: control panel --->network connections

there is still no wireless network icon...

i have a d-link modem, i'm trying to get a wireless connection of my internet but I can't because there is no 'wireless connection icon', anywhere in the computer..

you know when you right click the wireless network thingie, then click on 'VIEW WIRELESS NETWORK CONNECTIONS' that icon is no where to be found..

i already right clicked on my computer then properties and checked in hardware under network connections, and the network things are all installed... i'm not sure whats going on with this computer...

anyone, PLEASE help me?

PS- modem is D-LINK [WBR-1310]

A:Wireless Network Icon(s) NOT appearing, anywhere. [PLEASE HELP]

Let's see if it's detected, which it doesn't appear to be from what you said.
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-icon-s-not-appearing-anywhere-please-help.743713/
Relevancy 59.34%

The wireless network connection button that can be reached from start, control panel, network and internet connections, network connections has dissapeared. Only the local are connection icon remains. I have a windows xp media center edition computer, and get the connection from my dad using a wireless netowrk adapter. Everyone else using using it is not having the same problem. If it helps, I think the problem started ( it happened a while ago so I'm not sure if this is why) because I may have snapped the wireless network adapter I was using in half nwhile it was connected to my computer. This may have happened before or after the button dissapeareaed. PLease help me find the icon!

Relevancy 59.34%

This is my first post here, so I want to thank everyone for providing a great way to get support!!!

On to my question.

I recently received a new Notebook (IBM T42) at work. It has a Pentium M.

The problem is that when I access network connections there is no icon for Wireless Networks. I called the IT help desk and the guy laughed. He said that I would have to access the BIOS directory to figure this one out. He said he couldn't help me with it because tehy sell a card for $150 and I needed to buy it. But he also said I was welcome to figure it out for myself.

I accessed the bios at startup and found a couple of descriptions in the BIOS refering to "wireless". They all were "enabled".

Can anyone help me get this icon to appear so I can use my work computer at home?

Relevancy 59.34%

Acer h Windows Starter Bit I can still connect to wifi although it has started as of yesterday to no longer show this computer on the network map and to have the icon on the task bar X'd out despite being connected Before this the icon would display normally however the network map has always shown my computer connecting to a large question mark which is then connected to the map, out, have X'd a network still not Icon Wireless connection on but router Although now that I think about it I don't suppose I have ever checked the network map itself outside of my house before this but regardless now it does not show up anywhere and the icon is X'd out for some reason Anyone know why this is happening and why Wireless Icon X'd out, not on network map, but still have a connection in the past it Wireless Icon X'd out, not on network map, but still have a connection said it was going though some question mark to the router Almost sounds like before someone was playing middle man in between Wireless Icon X'd out, not on network map, but still have a connection myself and the router but I don't believe anyone here knows how to do that nor why

A:Wireless Icon X'd out, not on network map, but still have a connection

Welcome to Seven Forums,

You may try a System Restore, go back a day or 2 before this occured.

If that didn't help, see if disabling then enabling your Network Adapters from Device Manager helps. Here's a general Tutorial on how to use Device Manager.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/212237-wireless-icon-xd-out-not-network-map-but-still-have-connection.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi

I recently re installed Windows 7 on a new hard drive. Everything went to plan and it works fine. Except now, for some reason there's a red x icon beside my wireless network (see attached pic) and I can't connect. The first time, I went to device manager, chose my wireless adapter (I use a wireless usb stick), went to advanced, and in the properties list, there was an item called "IEEE802.11H". It's value was set to disabled so I enabled it, and all began to work. However, the next day, the original problem was back, and the ieee802.11h is stil enabled.

I've tried various solutions that I saw on this forum and others such as netsh winsock etc, re-installing the wireless adapter driver.

I honestly don't know what else to do, or what could be causing this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Can't connect to wireless network (red x icon beside it)

I'm no network expert, but a few things you might want to try if you haven't already. Reboot router. Unplug adapter and plug into different USB port. Go to your wireless router's web GUI, and check your wireless settings. See if your wireless adapter's is being given an IP and see if you can allocate it. Also, you could try to manually set your IP address by clicking on wireless signal icon to see the Wireless Network Connection > Properties > General Tab > Scroll down to Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), click on "use the following IP address" then enter the adapter's IP (by running IPConfig to get the IP address).

Good luck.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/325365-cant-connect-wireless-network-red-x-icon-beside.html
Relevancy 59.34%

This has been a huge computer saga I'm afraid . Okay so my VAIO computer was acting extremely slow, I bring it in to get fixed and it's a hard drive issue. They install a new hard drive, effectively wiping my computer. Instead of paying $75 for installation and $150 dollars for a new OS I get discs from a friend for Windows XP. Everything installs beautifully but not there is no Wireless network connection icon in my network places.

I looked around at the other people who are having a similar problem and went into my Device manager and sure enough there are pretty yellow question marks next to everything under other devices.

I don't think this is an entirely complex problem I'm just not entirely sure how to proceed from here. Any help would be love!

Thanks!

Relevancy 59.34%

In network connections

ive looked to install the device but im not sure what its called or if its there it diffenatly has one because it was fine till i formatted my (C and installed windows home edition SP2 and ive installed all updates im certain but it wont show up in network connections what can i do?

my laptop doesnt have an external wireless switch as such
but on my keyboard there is like a upside down triangle with and stick down the middle (sorry for the crap description) and i think that is the wireless thing but ive been pressing it and then looking on netowrk connections but it doesnt show up

anything i can do???

Relevancy 59.34%

Hello everyone I ve been having this problem for several days and chouldn t find a solution I ve checked up related posts but nothing seems to work Right now I m trying to set up a WiFi or WEP however I chouldn t locate the wireless network connection icon in Network Connections The steps I did was Start gt Control Panel gt Connection No Network Wireless Icon! Network and Internet Connections gt Network Connections It worked a couple of months ago while I assume that my system recovery did something to it I m using a Gateway GM Media Center PC S No GAB Window XP and a DI- D-Link My IPCONFIG ALL in CMD No Wireless Network Connection Icon! is Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Owner gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name YOUR-A D D C Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO VE No Wireless Network Connection Icon! Network Connecti on Physical Address - - - F- -F Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained December PM Lease Expires January PM In addition on Device Manager under Network adapters there isn t any disable non-functioning or error icons Thank you for helping me and may you have a wonderful day nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Hi, I've just noticed my network status icon in the taskbar is not showing the signal strength anymore, the icon is still there but what looks to be like a little sun over the top of this?

Anyone got any idea's what this could be or how to get rid of it?

A:Wireless Network Status Icon

Quote: Originally Posted by superb

Hi, I've just noticed my network status icon in the taskbar is not showing the signal strength anymore, the icon is still there but what looks to be like a little sun over the top of this?

Anyone got any idea's what this could be or how to get rid of it?

That is what happens when it thinks that it isn't connected anymore but connections are available...click on the wireless icon and conenct to your network that is in the list (if it is there)...if not reastart the computer to be safe and see if it returns to normal

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/16996-wireless-network-status-icon.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have a PC with Windows XP which until about a month ago had wireless internet working fine. It has a linksys antenna to connect to the the wireless router on another computer. However now it won't connect to the internet. I try going into the control panel and network connections to the wireless network connection icon, but that isn't there anymore. I'm not sure if the problem is with the linksys router or what.

Relevancy 59.34%

I am trying to help my sister set up her wireless router but there is not wireless network icon. I went to device manager to check the situ and it was empty.

Any ideas?? She has an Acer laptop

Relevancy 59.34%

My HP laptop crashed due to a bad HD. I replaced the HD and installed Windows XP professional. Everything seems to work fine except I have no wireless network connection icon on the Network Connections screen - hence I can't connect to my wi-fi. Since the hardware is unchanged except for the HD, I must be missing some firmware or software - like a driver. Or possibly a bad setting in the SSID or something? I have installed SP2 and SP3. What can I do to correct this problem?

A:Missing wireless network icon

Probably what you need to do is, as you suggest, install some drivers--at least the wireless. Download them from HP's web site. Check in Device Manager to see what you are missing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-wireless-network-icon.1059539/
Relevancy 59.34%

The bars in the triangular icon keep going up and down even down to two to three bars. When i open a webpage the bars go to full until i go off the webpage and then down. Previously, those bars stayed at full all the time. I`m on Windows 8.1 with Cable Wi Fi the computer speed is ok. Any ideas please?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/wireless-network-icon-in-taskbar-1074442.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hey guys need some urgent help. I have a toshiba laptop (MS XP PRO) with wireless interface networking.

I have made several tempts to connect it to my desktop(server) through a wireless router. The help/support on MS says that i should go to control panel go to network connections and click on wireless network icon and click view available wireless networks. The thing is I don't have a wireless network icon to click on.

Help will be much appretiated...

A:Can't find wireless network icon

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands:

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-find-wireless-network-icon.764590/
Relevancy 58.91%

DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Run by Roger at on Tue Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System Redirects Wireless unidentified network and showing Google svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Google Redirects and Wireless showing unidentified network Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files HijackThis Analyzethis exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system NOTEPAD EXE C Users Roger Desktop dds scr C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Page hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com uStart Page hxxp www yahoo com uWindow Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell uSearch Bar hxxp www yahoo com search ie html uDefault Page URL hxxp www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us amp ibd mStart Page hxxp www yahoo com mDefault Page URL hxxp www yahoo com mDefault Search URL hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com mSearch Page hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com mSearch Bar hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html uSearchURL Default hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com mURLSearchHooks H - No File mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO Yahoo IE Services Button bab b b- bc- b - d - fc de a - c program files yahoo common yiesrvc dll BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO CBrowserHelperObject Object ca c - b - e-a -a c db f - c program files bae BAE dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll TB D A - D - D - - E A - No File TB B D E -CC - B -A - ECE F - No File TB A A -BACC- D - - A E E - No File TB CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - No File uRun Sidebar c program files windows sidebar sidebar exe autoRun uRun ehTray exe c windows ehome ehTray exe mRun VolPanel quot c program files creative sbaudigy volume panel VolPanlu exe quot r mRun UpdReg c windows UpdReg EXE mRun ISUSScheduler quot c program files common files installshield updateservice issch exe quot -start mRun IntelliPoint quot c program files microsoft intellipoint ipoint exe quot mRun lxccmon exe quot c program files lexmark series lxccmon exe quot mRun SynTPEnh c program files synaptics syntp SynTPEnh exe mRun SigmatelSysTrayApp sttray exe mRun ISUSPM Startup c progra common instal update ISUSPM exe -startup uPolicies-explorer NoSetActiveDesktop x uPolicies-explorer NoActiveDesktopChanges x mPolicies-system EnableUIADesktopToggle x IE AD F C-ED - e -B D - B F A EF - c program files pokerstars PokerStarsUpdate exe IE B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBC - c program files java jre bin ssv dll IE A- - f c- - EE C C - E -E D - - C-F F E C - c progra micros office ONBttnIE dll IE BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - c program files yahoo common yiesrvc dll IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c progra micros office REFIEBAR DLL Trusted Zone intuit com ttlc Trusted Zone turbotax com DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun co... Read more

A:Google Redirects and Wireless showing unidentified network

Hello and welcome to the forums!My secret agent name on the forums is SweetTech (you can call me ST for short), it's a pleasure to meet you. I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems.If you have since resolved the issues you were originally experiencing, or have received help elsewhere, please inform me so that this topic can be closed. If you have not, please adhere to the guidelines below and then follow instructions as outlined further below:Logs from malware removal programs (OTL is one of them) can take some time to analyze. I need you to be patient while I analyze any logs you post. Please remember, I am a volunteer, and I do have a life outside of these forums.Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you. Attention to detail is important! Since I cannot see or directly interact with your computer I am dependent on you to "be my eyes" and provide as much information as you can regarding the current state of your computer.If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, do NOT continue! Stop and ask!In Windows Vista and Windows 7, all tools need to be started by right clicking and selecting Run as Administrator!These instructions have been specifically tailored to your computer and the issues you are experiencing with your computer. It's important to note that these instructions are not suitable for any other computer, even if the issues are fairly similar.Do not do things I do not ask for, such as running a spyware scan on your computer. The one thing that you should always do, is to make sure sure that your anti-virus definitions are up-to-date!Please do not use the Attachment feature for any log file. Do a Copy/Paste of the entire contents of the log file and submit it inside your post.I am going to stick with you until ALL malware is gone from your system. I would appreciate it if you would do the same. From this point, we're in this together ;)
Because of this, you must reply within three days failure to reply will result in the topic being closed!Please do not PM me directly for help. If you have any questions, post them in this topic.Lastly, I am no magician. I will try very hard to fix your issues, but no promises can be made. Also be aware that some infections are so severe that you might need to resort to reformatting and reinstalling your operating system.
Don't worry, this only happens in severe cases, but it sadly does happen. Be prepared to back up your data. Have means of backing up your data available.____________________________________________________ One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan and password stealer.This type of infection allows hackers to access and remotely control your computer, log keystrokes, steal critical system information, and download and execute files without your knowledge.If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it contains any other sensitive information, then from a clean computer, change all passwords where applicable.It would also be wise to contact those same financial institutions to appraise them of your situation.I highly suggest you take a look at the two links provided below:1. How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud, and CC Fraud?2. When should I re-format? How should I reinstall?We can still clean this machine but I can't guarantee that it will be 100% secure afterwards. Let me know what you decide to do. If you decide to go through with the cleanup, please proceed with the following steps.NEXT:Running TDSSKillerPlease read carefully and follow these steps. Download TDSSKiller and save it to your Desktop.Extract its contents to your desktop.Once extracted, open the TDSSKiller folder and doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then on Start Scan.

If an infected file is detected, the default a... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/385258/google-redirects-and-wireless-showing-unidentified-network/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi disappeared Solved: Wireless network icon I m using a Belkin wireless router - I have one desktop which is hardwired and on which I have no problems connecting to the internet I also have a laptop Dell Inspiron running on Windows XP which used to connect wirelessly However it no longer shows that there is a wireless connection does not give the option to find available wireless networks and in the Solved: Wireless network icon disappeared Network Connections option Solved: Wireless network icon disappeared under Control Panel only the LAN option is showing There is no wireless network connection available If I plug the router in to the laptop it all works fine Is there any way of getting back the icon As far as I m aware no changes were made to the laptop before this problem occurred Literally one day it was fine the next it wasn t I ve searched through similar questions on the forums and have tried some of the suggestions but nothing has helped so far I d be very grateful for any help Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

Normally in the system tray there's the icon displaying my signal strength for my wireless network connection This icon disappeared I checked with the properties of the taskbar and changed it to quot show all quot for the wireless connection Also I used to be able to go through start and quot connect to quot and Access Can't List/Icon Wireless Network there would be an option for wireless networks where I would go to choose Can't Access Wireless Network List/Icon a network if the icon weren't showing But now I have neither I have been having problems with viruses such as svhost exe and another that disallows me from editing my registry because quot Can't Access Wireless Network List/Icon administrator has disabled editing the registry quot but i am the administrator and I know that I didn't do that I believe I fixed that problem not quite sure i ran a registry cleaner though and it seems to have worked Anyways I just want my wireless networks list back and I can't figure it out Is it a bug or virus or something Please help Sorry for the long message just trying to get it all out there on the table for you Thanks for your time

A:Can't Access Wireless Network List/Icon

You may have to re-setup the wireless network connection. Sometimes cleaning up problems caused by viruses can mess up other stuff.

Once the network settings are back your network connections should reappear as you come within range. You will have to re-enter the passwords for any secure networks you use.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-access-wireless-network-list-icon-176468.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hey guys,
Would really appreciate some help with this. Am running WinXP Home with SP2 installed, and using a Linksys Wireless USB adaptor.
Recently, my wireless network system tray icon has disappeared. I've looked in Connection Manager, but there's no sign of it there either.
The thing is, because I had the settings up and running for the network I connect to before the icon disappeared, WinXP will somehow connect to the network, despite showing NO signs of any connection at all.
It's frustrating, because it means that I cannot search for networks, or repair a connection. I've even tried using different wireless adaptors, but there is still no sign of the icon in the system tray or in connection manager.
Any and all help would be great!
Cheers,
James

Relevancy 58.48%

Dear EightForum members,

I have a problem since a few days. On my Windows 8 Pro machine the icon is not working. When you normally click it opens the list of wireless networks and such, right? Well, mine doesn't do that anymore. Internet does work though, but I can't see to where I'm connected or connect to new network. Can any of you help me?

Thanks in advacne

A:Wireless Network tray icon not opening

Welcome to the forum!

Try running a Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth as explained here: DISM - Fixing Component Store Corruption in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/55265-wireless-network-tray-icon-not-opening.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi, earlier this summer I reformatted by computer (Dell Inspiron 600m laptop) and since then I cannot connect to the internet wirelessly. I am able to connect through an ethernet cable, but under network connections there is no option for Wireless Network Connection (see screenshot). I have downloaded the drivers for my type of laptop from Dell's website but nothing has worked. I've been Googling and searching this forum for the same problem but have been unable to find the solution. There is more information in the attached screenshot.

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi I am about to set up a home Network I am just doing all the Prep work and I find In Ctrl gt Network Connection gt I have no Icon or Connection only Local area connection Broadcom x that s it I did have a LAN connection via T D-Link Icon there also quot but since I Wireless ICON Network No Solved: Connection started this exercise it has Solved: No Wireless Network Connection ICON vanished the Network connection was never there It is my intention to use this PC as a the base and replace the current D-Link modem with a D-Link DI- E Air-plus Extreme G wireless Router and use Wireless to run my wife s iPad iPod touch and my Topfield Masterpiece PVR from it Any help please Guys Computer DELL Inspiron Local Disk C Pentium CPU GHz and meg ram File System NTFS Capacity GB bytes Intel Pentium CPU GB Gig Meg Ram WD Terabyte Exterior HDD partitioned as E F G H all Formatted as NTFS LCD quot Screen and MS Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Intel Graphics Controller G GL GE PE GV and Running Firefox Gmail Windows XP P Home Edition MS Office I am connected to Internode B Band ADSL- - Gig Internode ISP Address is Internode ISP Current Hostname Ppp - - - lns bne Solved: No Wireless Network Connection ICON internode on net Your Current IP Address VoIP via Uniden Dig GHz Cordless Phone Handsets and Base connected into the Linksys and ADSL Internode next to the Desktop and to MyNetFone VoIP Via the Linksys Gateway ATA VoIP Router linked to a Nov- - D-Link T Modem Windows Firewall is off Antivirus AVARST Pro Malewarebytes and CCleaner scan Weekly -------------------------------------------------------------- Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G GL GE PE GV Graphics Controller Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Computer Corp G Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

I have a HP mini when i go into network connections the wireless icon is gone I m not sure what happen I have already looked in the device manager and nothing is highlighted or has a or X here is my ipconfig info Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name kupa Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd wa comcast net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd wa comcast missing Wireless connection icon network net Description Atheros AR PCI-E Fast Ethernet C ontroller Physical Address -A - -A - B- C Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless network connection icon missing IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe aa ff fea b c Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff Lease Obtained Wednesday July PM Lease Expires Thursday July PM Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe ffff ffff fffd Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd wa comcast net Description Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address A- A- A- Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe efe Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled nbsp Wireless network connection icon missing

Relevancy 58.48%

I recently installed a Belkin wireless adapter to couple desktops.

One desktop gave me know troubles the other I can use the Belkin wireless program to connect and it drops it and out every couple minutes, it is unusable.

Therefore, I was going to use the Windows wireless connection. But, if I go to the Control Panel, Network Connections, I do not see the Wireless Connection Icon??

I have rebooted a few times since the install of the Belkin software.
I do not get the typicial wireless antena icon in the taskbar.
I checked services and see that Windows Wireless Zero Config is running.

Thanks for any Help
Russ - [email protected]

Relevancy 58.48%

why does my wireless network icon take so long to load

Relevancy 58.48%

My laptop using XP prof shows wireless network connection icon in system tray, but my desktop computer does not show this icon. How can I get it to show up on the desktop machine? Both are on same LAN in office.

It's helpful to have this at hand in case there is a problem with connection and you have to reconnect.

Appreciate help. My first post.

ralphchas

A:Wireless network connection icon in sys tray

You wil only get the wireless icon in the system tray if you have a wireless adapter installed on your desktop.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-network-connection-icon-in-sys-tray-479656.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I'm having troubles connecting to the net. First computer works okay, it runs on Windows 7, though my main computer is running Vista. I tried system restore didn't work then reinstalled Vista. I connected the cable that works on the Windows 7 pc to the Vista pc to make sure it wasn't a cable issue and it still doesn't appear on the modem. The network adapter appears ok in device manager and I've tried uninstalling the driver then reinstalling it. I'm not sure what else I can try. Thanks in advance

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi guys,this is sairam.
Wireless network connection is enabled but still not connected  it showing Red X .If i troubleshoot problem showing like this ( Wireless capability is turned off  Not Fixed)
can you guys please give me perfect solution for this problem.
Thanks&regards.
sairam

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4644416f-e36c-4406-ae97-5e001d9ccbbc/wireless-network-connection-is-enabled-but-still-not-connected-it-showing-red-x-in-windows-7?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello everyone I manager in device Wireless Adapter Intel not showing Network have a LENOVO Z - and i recently installed a WINDOWS on it I am unable to host hotspot on my laptop ever since This is because in the device manager list under network adapters heading i am only getting these two names Quallcom Atheros QCA x wireless network adapter and Realtek PCIe GBE Family controller However there is no Intel wireless virtual network adapter This is happening even after i have installed all the relevant drivers on my laptop for windows from lenovo website Intel Wireless Network Adapter not showing in device manager I have installed the intel PRO wireless toolkit and run tests on it In the hardware test it failed and Intel Wireless Network Adapter not showing in device manager says quot wireless hardware not bound to transport driver quot PLEASE help me The ethernet works fine and i can take hotspots from people But i cant create my own I am attaching relelvant pics here PS I have updated my drivers from the lenovo website often and from the intel website as well nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-wireless-network-adapter-not-showing-in-device-manager.1157135/
Relevancy 58.05%

I found one of your threads that was closed Network 'Wireless find Connection" Can't icon that sounded Can't find 'Wireless Network Connection" icon like I had somewhat of the same problem I can only find my local area connection icon and not the wireless I tried all the steps that this forum said to http forums techguy org networking -solved-cant-find-wireless-network html But I didn t have the same results So here is what my IPCONFIG came to Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings GDL gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name gl Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Network Everywhere Fast Ethernet PC Card lt NP gt Physical Address - - A- - C- C Could you PLEASE help This is my mom s laptop and I am really trying to help her get internet I was okay at hooking my own laptop up with my PC via a router and wanted to add her laptop to the connection too but can t seem to find the wireless connection icon anywhere Thanks so much nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,

I have a Netgear WN111 USB wireless adaptor on my PC (802.11n NIC).

It works fine with my WiFi network, but it always displays the wrong icon in the System Tray when connected. It shows the signal bars greyed out, with a yellow star on top.

I have tried a Windows update on the driver, but Windows (7 ultimate) says it's using the latest driver.

Netgear only have a Vista driver for this NIC, tried this to no avail, same problem.

I have no other NICs enabled on the box (wired Ethernet port disabled in BIOS and nothing in Device Manager).

I have googled this issue and I'm not alone (and it's not just Netgear NICs affected). However all the solutions say remove & re-install the device. Done this, and it's made no difference.

Anyone got any other ideas?

Thanks & regards,

Jock in a Frock

A:Wireless network - System Tray icon wrong

If a re-install is the fix, you may need to do a complete re-install. That is uninstall the software, then delete all the .DLL and .SYS files the uninstall leaves. Then delete the .INF and .CAT files, remove all Registry entries for this NIC. Reboot several times and double check everything is gone. You might need to check if there is a special service running for this NIC if there is you will need to disable the service, reboot, delete the registry keys, and then delete all the files for the service. I would reboot and double check again. Once you are sure it is gone. Then on a CLEAN boot, Don't open any programs and if anything starts automaticly like Yahoo Chat etc. Exit it and all other programs. Then re-install the NIC. That should get it. -WS

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/160259-wireless-network-system-tray-icon-wrong.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi in the notification area on my task bar the wireless internet icon is displayed as a wired connection. This problem isn't huge but having the correctly icon be displayed would be nice.
Thanks in advance.

To give you an idea in case you do not know what i mean:

A:wireless network icon incorrectly displayed in taskbar

By any chance do you use a VPN?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/243730-wireless-network-icon-incorrectly-displayed-taskbar.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I am using Windows XP. Yesterday the wireless network connection icon in the task bar in the bottom right hand corner of my laptop turned to a completely black square. Today it appears normal except when I click on it to see the list of avalable wireless networks, the list doesn't appear. I am connected to the internet and am using a Linksys wireless router and I have it listed as my preferred network to which it connects automatically. I have not changes anything on my laptop and I would like to get the list of networks back.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blackened-intel-wireless-network-icon-in-taskbar.1009952/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello guys I am posting my solution to a problem often found on Windows and caused by not-so well written drivers software stacks My problem started after installing the BlueSoleil Bluetooth stack as the Wireless icon showed that netwroks were available instead of that I am actually connected to one Uninstalling device drivers BlueSoleil and restarting did not help The root of the problem appears to be a non plug-and-play driver which is unaffected by disabling removing hardware drivers quot Virtual WiFi Filter Driver quot To fix the problem do the wireless icon Wrong Solution: displayed network following -Open quot Device Manager quot -Click on quot View quot and tick quot Show hidden devices quot -Find and expand the quot Non-Plug and Play Drivers quot tree -Open the quot Virtual WiFi Filter Driver quot -Click on the quot Driver quot tab and then quot Stop quot After doing this you will Solution: Wrong wireless network icon displayed immediately notice how the wireless icon displays properly You do not need to unisntall the driver as it is a Windows service and will be re-enabled automatically If that does not work for you you may want to try to stop some other of the WiFi drivers listed in the quot Non-Plug Solution: Wrong wireless network icon displayed and Play Drivers quot list

A:Solution: Wrong wireless network icon displayed

Quote: Originally Posted by alexs3d2

Hello guys...

I am posting my solution to a problem often found on Windows 7 and caused by not-so well written drivers/software stacks. My problem started after installing the BlueSoleil Bluetooth stack, as the Wireless icon showed that netwroks were available, instead of that I am actually connected to one.

Uninstalling device drivers, BlueSoleil and restarting did not help.

The root of the problem appears to be a non plug-and-play driver, which is unaffected by disabling/removing hardware drivers: "Virtual WiFi Filter Driver".

To fix the problem do the following:
-Open "Device Manager".
-Click on "View" and tick "Show hidden devices".
-Find and expand the "Non-Plug and Play Drivers" tree.
-Open the "Virtual WiFi Filter Driver"
-Click on the "Driver" tab and then "Stop".

After doing this, you will immediately notice how the wireless icon displays properly. You do not need to unisntall the driver, as it is a Windows service and will be re-enabled automatically.

If that does not work for you, you may want to try to stop some other of the WiFi drivers listed in the "Non-Plug and Play Drivers" list.

Thanks for the info

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/117071-solution-wrong-wireless-network-icon-displayed.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I just spent the last several days trying to find the solution on this site to getting my wireless connection back I could not find the solution so I m trying this post I re-installed Windows XP Home on my Dell Inspiron m because the system was getting way too slow to be useful I did msconfig and turned off what i thought might be safe to turn off but that only improved performance slightly Anyway after re-installing windows the system is spunky Missing Wireless Solved: Network Connection Icon again but the previously working wireless no longer seems to work The Windows Help told me to Solved: Missing Wireless Network Connection Icon go to Network Connections and quot click the wireless network connection icon quot Unfortunately like the other folks the icon on my system is missing As instructed to other folks I went to Device Manager and I found that everything under Other Devices had a yellow question mark or exclamation point I went Solved: Missing Wireless Network Connection Icon to Solved: Missing Wireless Network Connection Icon Properties on some of these devices and the message said quot The drivers for this device are not installed Code quot I then went to Dell Support to see if I can find the drivers for my wireless modem I got some files but when i clicked on the Reinstall Driver button it said it could not find the drivers I opened the command line and typed quot ipconfig all quot but nothing came up All it said was quot Windows IP Configuration quot So now I m lost Not sure what to do next Check the modems physical connection Any assistance would be much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

i wiped my laptop and now the View wireless network icon is gone. any ideas how i could get it back because now i cannot connect to the internet

A:View Wireless network icon is gone after a wipe on my laptop

Please do not post duplicate threads on the same issue. Your other thread is located here. http://www.techsupportforum.com/f108...op-388788.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/view-wireless-network-icon-is-gone-after-a-wipe-on-my-laptop-388784.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello everyone
I am missing the wireless network icon from my task bar and Network Connections folder.
I have an inbuilt wireless card and the driver seems to be installed correctly.
Thanks for your help.

A:Missing wireless network connection icon Lenovo t400

Look in your manual, you probably have a wireless switch somewhere on the desktop or sides switched off.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-wireless-network-connection-icon-lenovo-t400.971286/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello Im using HP pavilion tx2000 notebook pc entertainment.

i don't know what exactly happen when suddenly my Wireless Network Connection ICON was gone that's why i can't connect to wifi. but my wifi is already turn on. even my network adapter its not showing.

here's some image

A:Can't find 'Wireless Network Connection" icon on windows 7

have a look and see if its disabled in the bios

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enabled in Bios / Setup
as the PC starts you should be told how to enter the bios / Setup - one of the F keys usually F2, F10, F11 or del key is often used
MAKE SURE you DO NOT change any settings and look to see if there is a setting for the wireless or WLAN
if its disabled change it to enabled
if its enabled - then exit without saving
if you cant find a setting then exit without saving

Try reseating the wireless adapter

If the adapter is easily accessible, usually through a cover on the bottom of the laptop.
Remove and reinsert it carefully and firmly to make sure it is not loose.
Then remove and carefully and firmly replace it several times to cure any possible looseness or corrosion.
At the same time check to make sure the antenna leads are securely attached.
Note: This is not taking the machine apart. We do not recommend removing the keyboard when that is necessary to find the wireless.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-find-wireless-network-connection-icon-on-windows-7.1098302/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello, I am new to this Forum.

My Wireless Network Signal Strength Icon is currently displaying a red cross as per this Screen Shot:

Despite the incorrect icon display, my Local Wireless Network is functioning perfectly.

How can I restore the Icon to display rising bars?

Assistance will be gratefully accepted, thanks.

Highland Rob

A:Wireless Network Signal Strength Icon Displaying red Cross

That's the icon for your wired network, not your wireless.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/158626-wireless-network-signal-strength-icon-displaying-red-cross.html
Relevancy 57.19%

After I restarted my Laptop, I noticed both my internet connection icons (wired and wireless) and several items were missing from my taskbar on my laptop. I cannot find them anywhere on my computer, the network displays 0 items. Also, I cannot restore the computer at all.  Any prompt help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Network connection and wireless icon disappeared from Taskbar and no internet

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post. 
Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/590717/network-connection-and-wireless-icon-disappeared-from-taskbar-and-no-internet/
Relevancy 57.19%

This is my first and hopefully last post I believe that my computer has some sort of Virus Malware that I cannot locate and or remove I have Hard - Red (c:) Icon To Network And Toolbars Gone X Drive Possible In Infection Next Wireless run Possible Infection - Red X Next To Hard Drive (c:) And Wireless Network Icon Gone In Toolbars through the steps recommended on this site prior to posting a HJT log The only program that came up with something was the MicroTren House Calls online check Spybot at one time came up with a command service virus that it could not remove however it does not come up with that anymore I have AVG McAfee OAS running constantly and am only using FireFox for web surfing at this time since it seemed that problems occur when I use IE I have posted my HJT log below for review Hopefully someone can locate any problems I have and recommend a fix My computer is booting up very slowly Possible Infection - Red X Next To Hard Drive (c:) And Wireless Network Icon Gone In Toolbars and I no Possible Infection - Red X Next To Hard Drive (c:) And Wireless Network Icon Gone In Toolbars longer have access to my wireless network icon in my toolbars and I cannot access my wireless configuration utility from the control panel I get the following error quot Internal configuration is inconsistent please restart the machine to resolve the problem quot however this does not solve the problem Hopefully someone can help soon Regards cycleguy HJT Log Below Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgrssvc exeC WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXEC WINDOWS System bcmwltry exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files AccessManager Client AMBroker exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgrssvc exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files IP VPN Remote Services cvpnd exeC Program Files McAfee Common Framework FrameworkService exeC Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Mcshield exeC Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise VsTskMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exeC Program Files SMART Board Software SMARTBoardService exeC Program Files AccessManager PMAC sp SWIns exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files AccessManager Client sygman exeC WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS stsystra exeC SCANJET PrecisionScanPro HPLamp exeC Program Files McAfee Common Framework UdaterUI exeC Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files QuickTime QTTask exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exeC Program Files NetWaiting netWaiting exeC PROGRA Nero NEROPH data Xtras mssysmgr exeC Program Files ColumbiaSoft Document Locator Client CSSInjLoad exeC Program Files ColumbiaSoft Document Locator Client CSSLocatorTray exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXEC PROGRA MICROS LIVEME Addins LMCAPI exeC Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXEC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXEC WINDOWS system notepad exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exeC PROGRA WINZIP winzip exeC WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exeC Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk-rel amp channel usR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer... Read more

A:Possible Infection - Red X Next To Hard Drive (c:) And Wireless Network Icon Gone In Toolbars

Welcome to the BleepingComputer HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum. My name is Richie and i'll be helping you to fix your problems.Apologies for the late response,as i'm sure you can appreciate we are extremely busy.If you've already recieved help at another forum and your issues have been resolved,or you're presently recieving help elsewhere then please let us know.If you still require help,please post a new Hijackthis log into this topic in your next reply.The current formatting of your log makes it difficult to read/evaluate.Open 'Notepad',click on 'Format' at the top,then uncheck 'Word Wrap' if it's checked.Also post a detailed description of the issues you're experiencing.*Note*Post all reports/logs directly into this topic,not as attachments,thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/130598/possible-infection-red-x-next-to-hard-drive-c-and-wireless-network-icon-gone-in-toolbars/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello everyone to not screen network connecting 1720 Inspiron Wireless blue Dell showing I usually solve my PC problems but this time I gave up I am new in the forum I go to grad school in Cedar Falls IA And last year I bought a Dell Inspiron that gave me a hard Dell Inspiron 1720 not connecting to Wireless network showing blue screen time ever since it Dell Inspiron 1720 not connecting to Wireless network showing blue screen came out of the box Unfortunately I Dell Inspiron 1720 not connecting to Wireless network showing blue screen had to have it replaced a couple of times THe last one they gave me seemed to be ok but not until a couple of months did I realize that the Wireless capabilities are not working Dell's warranty already expired and I don't know what hte problem is I've tried everything I reinstalled windows and just installed the Wireless card that it has built in and it says that there is no connectivity The Wireless card is this model Intel Model AGN MM I am using Windows Vista home premium the Computer is a DEll Inspiron Laptop This a copy of the message I got after the blue screen Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode a BCP BCP BCP BCP BA DAE OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp C Users Alejandro AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml C Users Alejandro AppData Local Temp WER tmp version txt Read our privacy statement http go microsoft com fwlink link amp clcid x In a nutshell this is the situation I tried to connect to the wireless network It says no connectivity then it shows me nice blue screen that restarts the computer and no time to read but I have noticed something like IRQ Less or not equal that's all I can read Any ideas I'd appreciate your help

A:Dell Inspiron 1720 not connecting to Wireless network showing blue screen

Hi. . .

Glad to hear of Grad school -
Dissertation or thesis subject if I may?

The BSOD you posted has a bugcheck -

0xa (0x64, 0x2, 0x1, 0x81BA4DAE), no probable cause listed.

0xa = IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL = MS or kernel mode app accessed paged memory when it should not have (IRQL too high).

We'll get to wifi shortly - #1 right now is that you must install Vista SP1.

Please run the following to collect system info so I can help you get SP1 in. I wouldn't advise downloading it and install as there are prerequisite Windows Updates & other preps to be done.

Download Live SysInternals Autoruns from Microsoft TechNet and SAVE it to your DOCUMENTS folder. Next, download the attached zip and extract the batch file to your DESKTOP. Then go to desktop, right-click on the batch file and select Run as Administrator.

It will run for approx 5 minutes - you will see status screen. No interaction - just let it run. When finished, go to your documents folder and zip up the newly created folder named TSF_Vista_Support and attach to next post.

In the interim - please run the Vista Clean Manager -
START | type cmd.exe into the start search box | right-click on cmd.exe above under programs | select Run as Administrator | the black cmd prompt/"DOS" screen will appear - type cleanmgr tuneup - check boxes.

Now disk defrag. Use Auslogics - download and install. Go to desktop, right-click on Auslogics icon, select Run as Administrator.

Any ? - please let me know.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/dell-inspiron-1720-not-connecting-to-wireless-network-showing-blue-screen-325060.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a toolbar on my taskbar titled "Programs". It has about eight folders in it. I made another toolbar, and placed it directly adjacent to the Programs toolbar, to obscure the eight folders and force it to be a dropdown menu.

Trouble is, as soon as I lock my taskbar, right next to the arrow that displays the eight items of my Programs toolbar in menu-form, one of the eight items is showing up as an icon, as if the other toolbar isn't close enough to the Programs toolbar in order to completely obscure the eight items.

Here's what I mean in graphic form:

It's bugging me to no end. Anyone else had this problem/resolved it?

A:Toolbar on taskbar should only be showing an arrow but is showing icon

Hello thewonkits, and welcome to Seven Forums.

I notice this happens when using small icons for a toolbar. If you like, you could unlock the taskbar, right click on the dotted separator line to the left of the two top far left toolbars (one at a time) click on View and Large Icons, then lock the taskbar to see if that may look ok to you. It will make the top row a bit bigger though.

Hopefully someone may know a better way to hide that bit of icon poking out when locked.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/230380-toolbar-taskbar-should-only-showing-arrow-but-showing-icon.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I've formatted my HP 530 Notebook (using 'Operating System CD - Windows XP Professional SP2'). All went well. It was my first format but I read a lot on the internet, so I knew I had to download and install the chipset, the bus driver, the audio and video drivers, the network adapters, etc. This I did, on the HP website .
Everything is working perfectl...ssing and appreciate for a quick help please.

A:Wireless Network Connection icon disappear after repairing Windows XP on HP 530 Lapt

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection-icon-disappear-after-repairing-windows-xp-on-hp-530-lapt.1134706/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello,
I have a Dell Inspiron 1520 with Windows XP Home operating system. There is a built in Dell Wireless 1395 802.11g Mini Card that came with the computer. I recently got a virus and had to reboot my computer. The problem is I can no longer find my wireless internet system. When I go to Control Panel>Internet Connections there isn't a "Wireless Internet Connection" option.
The other thing is, I can't use the Wireless Internet Setup Wizard because I don't have my own wireless provider (I use my computer at school to connect to the free campus-wide wireless internet).
Please Help.
Thanks!

A:Solved: Can't find 'Wireless Network Connection" icon after reboot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-find-wireless-network-connection-icon-after-reboot.807802/
Relevancy 56.76%

Really weird, see attachment.. Tried resetting the icon cache. It's like this on all of my desktop icons.. any ideas?

A:White 'File' icon showing over top of normal desktop icon

Hello JingleJangle, and welcome to Seven Forums.

It looks like your shortcut arrow overlay icon got messed up somehow. You can use either method in the tutorial below to restore the arrow icon. Method Two is the easiest way with the program.

Shortcut Arrow - Change, Remove, or Restore

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/108273-white-file-icon-showing-over-top-normal-desktop-icon.html
Relevancy 53.32%

The icons on the start menu and login screen are missing. how do i solve this?

A:Power Icon and Log Off Icon not showing

on the top right hand corner where the icons should be, there are only rectangular boxes

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/50559-power-icon-log-off-icon-not-showing.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi, my computer is a dell dimension 1100, with a Linksys WMP54G wifi card, running vista home basic.

So, In the wifi thing in the notification area, it shows two wireless networks, One is my normal SSID (Lower Net), and one is "Unidentified network". They are both on one wireless connection (Wireless Network Connection 3). When i try to go on the internet, it says i'm not connected. i tried disconnecting from the unidentified network, but that disconnects me from lower net too. Thanks For Any Help In Advance!!!

A:Solved: Vista showing my normail wireless SSID, plus showing second unidentified netw

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-showing-my-normail-wireless-ssid-plus-showing-second-unidentified-netw.979136/
Relevancy 51.6%

Dears,
I have a laptop in my hand that belong to somebody.
issue is that when ever we click on wireless icon close to clock, there will be no pop up menu of "connect to network"
for example this below pop up menu after clicking is not showing.

Regards
Phenom

A:Wireless icon does not pop up "connect to network"

I would check the laptop case for an wireless on/off switch and make sure its turned on.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/259001-wireless-icon-does-not-pop-up-connect-network.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Ok this just happened recently and I don t know what is causing it I ll try to give u a brief overview of the situtation I m in XP used to be on my D driver gigs it internet Computer My network gone icon loading settings icon is extremely slow, in got screwed up BSOD at the time I didn t know as much computers My Computer icon loading extremely slow, internet icon in network settings is gone so I My Computer icon loading extremely slow, internet icon in network settings is gone installed XP to my C driver gigs This has worked pretty fine up until when SP was released I can t install SP because XP takes up about gigs by itself Without SP I just have been running some extra firewalls so compensate Well about days ago I noticed whenever I open up my computer it takes like or seconds before the hard drivers appear Then I went into network connections to look at my internet icon to check the settings I opened it up and nothing My Computer icon loading extremely slow, internet icon in network settings is gone was there The only thing there was on the far left it was asking me if I wanted to setup a network my internet is working on all the computers I have ran different spyware scans and found nothing ran mcaffee scans and nothing I can t restore my computer because all the restores got deleted when I was trying to free space on my drives Where do I go usually I can solve tech problems but I mean this is beyond weird What do I do first if you need more information just ask because I really need some advice nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-icon-loading-extremely-slow-internet-icon-in-network-settings-is-gone.419408/
Relevancy 50.74%

This is a problem that started with the last windows update which included an update for my wireless network adapter which I have since rolled back My setup is as follows I have a dual band router The Ghz band's SSID is for example Testg and the Ghz band's SSID is Testg When I click on the network status icon and hover over the Testg connection it shows the SSID as Testg When I go into the Manage Wireless Networks and open the properties for this connection it shows the SSID as Testg I have fooled around with renaming the connections as all of a sudden one showed up as Test with the SSID of Testg Currently I have three connections listed in manage networks manage status different icon show icon Network and SSID networks Testg Testn and Test Testg and Testn Testg was previously Test renamed Testg and Testn previously named Testg renamed to Testn so I could rename Test both show the SSID being Testg The Test connection shows the SSID of Testg Network status icon and manage networks icon show different SSID Looking at this information by left clicking and hovering over the connections on the network status icon they show as follows Testg shows an SSID of Test Testn shows an SSID of Testg and Test shows an SSID of Testg Why is the SSID different for the same connection depending on where I look at it and is there a fix for this Thanks bruce

A:Network status icon and manage networks icon show different SSID

Well, due to other issues (thank you Cnet download for installing all kinds of malware on my computer with the program I was trying to get), I had to use a system restore to get rid of something that took over my computer and it also fixed this issue. I used a restore point from before the Windows update that I installed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/282721-network-status-icon-manage-networks-icon-show-different-ssid.html
Relevancy 49.88%

As you can see, it's not very smooth. The white curved lines have bluish spots inside. When I first installed Windows 10 on a virtual hard disk (vhd), nvidia drivers for my gtx 760 installed automatically by Windows 10 and the icon was very smooth. Later, I had to do a fresh install of Windows 10 on a Samsung Evo SSD and this time, it didn't install my graphics card driver automatically, I had to download it from nvidia's website. Anyway, how can I improve the look of this icon and make it smooth?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/56406-network-tray-icon-blurry-how-refresh-icon.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Strange question but i need it to try it out...
How to replace Windows 8 Ethernet icon to the Wireless icon without using Wireless.
In other words, im using a ethernet but i want the wireless icon to show up

A:How to replace my Ethernet icon to the Wireless icon

It automatically changes, depending how you connect to a LAN.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/68163-how-replace-my-ethernet-icon-wireless-icon.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Im using the registry to change the drive icons in my computer.

Attached is a screenshot of My Computer. all the icons are fine except for the C Drive. I double checked the path to the icon and its correct.

Using the key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\DriveIcons\C\DefaultIcon

to change the icon

So why isnt it showing up?

A:Icon not showing

Hello Lloyd,

Double check with the yellow TIP box in the tutorial below to see if it may be a issue with a "Desktop.ini" file on the C: drive.

Drive Icon Change - Vista Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/62525-icon-not-showing.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi , since I reinstalled windows 7, am not seeing the wifi icon anymore , all I see is the ethernet icon with a red cross , even though am connected to a wifi, here is a screenshot http://prntscr.com/2fpmcu , I've tried a lot of tips ,posted in alot of forums , but none helped , I have the network icon enabled on the Notification Area Icons , but still doesnt work, I hope u'll give me a solution here , am already tired of this thing , annoying .
Thanks in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-icon-not-showing-please-help.1116527/
Relevancy 49.02%

Howdy,
I created an autoplay cd-rom for pc. In the root of the cd I have an AUTORUN.INF file that contains:

[autorun]
open=start.exe
icon=fscommand\mike.ico

The mike.ico icon is located in the fscommand folder.

The cd starts and autoplays as it should. However, the icon does not appear... a weird default icon appears. I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Computerpain

Relevancy 49.02%

I noticed recently that all the icon thumbnails in programs (Corel, Adobe CS3) are all showing up as the generic broken link icon (a page with 3 shapes of different colors whereas should be the actual icon from the specific programs). I also noticed that in my music folders all the albums had a pile of thumbnails everywhere in each individual folder also there's this "thumbs.db" file showing up in each individual folder.

I'm a little bit confused as in what had happened and would like to know how to resolve it. I suspect is something to do with the registry error.
Any help would be appreciated.

A:Icon Image not showing up

Can you show us a screen shot of these icons?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/205836/icon-image-not-showing-up/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello, well 2 days ago an unwanted icon (similar to the "My Computer" icon, but no name associated with it) appeared when I click on Start-->Programs, and my antivirus software did not catch it while doing a full scan. Can anyone help me in providing info about removing this spyware ? Thanks in advance.

A:Unwanted icon showing up

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link I'll give you below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

------------------------------------------------------

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new thread, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/unwanted-icon-showing-up-366989.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello.

I am running Windows XP SP2 and have a problem with the webpage icon shortcut. When I go to a given program using Start > All Programs > any program with a link to their web page, the icon displayed is the default document icon %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll (1) and not the web browser icon IE or FF. I have to change these manually by finding the icon target and changing it for each program's webpage.

Is there a way to correct this where I don't have to manually change each one but where the change would apply to all program's webpage shortcuts? I would like for the webpage icons to display the FF icon.

Many thanks for any help.

A:Webpage icon not showing

Try right clicking on one and choose "Open With" and then "Choose Program". A list should appear. Select Firefox from the list and make sure the "Always open this type of file with this program" checkbox is selected. Then hit OK. See if that works.

BMR777

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/webpage-icon-not-showing-213255.html
Relevancy 49.02%

It show only the white icon. It only happen with the Adobe software. For example: I'm opening Photoshop and I try Illustrator too but it just keep showing the white icon. Can you guys help me fix it?

Thank you.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/35724-icon-taskbar-isnt-showing.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I can't figure out why Foxit Reader is showing the pdf icons as generic like the one pictured below.
I tried Icon Cache Rebuilder and that didn't work.
Does anyone know how I can get the default Foxit icon to show for my pdf files?
Thank you.
Running Windows 7

A:PDF Icon Showing Generic

Hello Dawter -
There are 2 general ways to do this -
1. Un / Reinstall the program
2. Right click on the Icon and select Properties > Often there is an option to "Change Icon"
If you select option 2 a range of mainly Generic icons are offered to you - Select one of the offered items.
If this option is not offered, yours may just pop back, or you can use Option 1-

Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/503256/pdf-icon-showing-generic/
Relevancy 49.02%

fixed, close thread.

WMP never showed on start menu, upon restart it now works :S.

CONFUSED!

Solution = restart

A:Solved: WMP icon not showing

hiya Mangoh,try this,delete the wmp file in startup,go to My computer>program files>wmp and open the folder,go down the list and right-click on the wmplayer icon and select "Pin to start menu" close all windows and reboot,try now

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wmp-icon-not-showing.1016806/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi , since I reinstalled windows 7, am not seeing the wifi icon anymore , all I see is the ethernet icon with a red cross , even though am connected to a wifi, here is a screenshot http://prntscr.com/2fpmcu , I've tried a lot of tips ,posted in alot of forums , but none helped , I have the network icon enabled on the Notification Area Icons , but still doesnt work, I hope u'll give me a solution here , am already tired of this thing , annoying .
Thanks in advance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-icon-not-showing.199011/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,

I have an issue, compatability icon not showing in IE 9. Could someone please help me how to solve this issue.

Thanks,

Harihs

A:Compatability icon not showing in IE9

Hi harikamat,

Hit Alt+T to access the tools window, and then click on the Compatibility View tab. Just add the website you can't view into the bar provided.

Internet Explorer Compatibility View - Turn On or Off

Hope this helps,
Jaidyn

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/175389-compatability-icon-not-showing-ie9.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Just reformatted my computer the other day, and now at certain times after I restart most of the icons aren't showing their image. They work fine, but it is still annoying. Here is a ss, anyone know why it's doing this?

http://img325.imageshack.us/img325/170/imageik9.jpg