Windows Support Forum

Motherboard has dual LAN jacks, which should I use?

Q: Motherboard has dual LAN jacks, which should I use?

i have asrock fatalit1y pro gen3 with 2 lan rj45s

which 1 do i use for only 1 conection please

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Motherboard has dual LAN jacks, which should I use?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Motherboard has dual LAN jacks, which should I use?

routers/switches with multiple LAN slots for RJ45 make equal use of all slots - -
you can use any, some, or all without concern that there might be differences in the usage.

The WAN slot (on routers) or sometimes the UP LINK on a switch does matter;
they both go to the TCP Source that is to be share via the LAN.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-has-dual-lan-jacks-which-should-i-use.174116/
Relevancy 63.21%

Ont he back of my computer I have Audio Jacks Two of them are In s so we won t be discussing them much The other are as follows Line Out Rear Speakers Side Speakers Center Sub The only one that works is Line Out I never checked the other ones because I didn t think I would Rear Motherboard Jacks On ever need them I just got a new Subwoofer today it s for a Home Theater but I was able to rig up a compatible cable I know the cable isn t the problem because I tried it with my MP player and it worked great But when I plug it into the Center Sub channel nothing Just to make sure I played a song and tried plugging my main speakers into the other jacks with no sound Computer Specs Custom Built by me Intel Rear Jacks On Motherboard Pentium D Dual Core GHz GB RAM MB single SLi Graphics Card Gigabyte Gigabyte GA- N-SLI motherboard Windows Vista Ultimate Edition Drivers all updated fully Windows Vista edition drivers if available The sound is Realtek AC with AC codec Now if I plug the subwoofer into the Line Out that works too it s just these other jacks that don t work I ve tried to get them to enable in the software that came with my motherboard but there is no option for that I guess it s just supposed to work and that s exactly what it s not doing Now I said we wouldn t be talking about the quot IN quot jacks much so here s that little bit Int he software those two I can change to be In s or Out s and with the subwoofer and regular speakers neither of those worked when I tried The Line Out works great I ve tried to configure my speaker arrangement in Windows not the program but that didn t help and I made sure everything in my BIOS checked out alright it s just this it s really bothering me that I bought this sub and now my computer won t let it work And I ve tried a splitter or using the Front jacks both work to my sub using just the Line Out but I lose all my right side speakers when I do that

A:Rear Jacks On Motherboard

Now, if I plug the subwoofer into the Line Out, that works too, it's just these other jacks that don't work. I've tried to get them to enable in the software that came with my motherboard, but there is no option for that, I guess it's just supposed to... work, and that's exactly what it's not doingYou are probably in two channel audio mode.In control panel>sound effects manager>speaker configuration tab, you should see the option to enable more channels. As you do it, you will notice the port functions for the sound card change. For 3 output ports, you need to set it to at least 6 channel.I don't have my vista system in front of me now (xp) but the directions should be close.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/85046/rear-jacks-on-motherboard/
Relevancy 61.49%

Simple question:

I want to blow off a trouble-prone ATI video card and revert to native motherboard video.

I need dual-monitor capability. The MB has the usual two different monitor jacks, but says nothing in the docs about being dual monitor capable...or not.

Do two jacks = dual monitor capability? How can I tell?

Many thanks for any help with this!

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi-
I can not get sound from my front jacks but I get sound through the internal speaker. If the rear jacks are enabled then they will work.

Device manager shows: 2 high definition audio devices (not realtek). One for the rear jacks and the other for ATPI Inernal ATPI jack. No playback device listed for the front jacks.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the devices but the front jacks wont install

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

A:HP400 sound from internal speaker and rear jacks but not front jacks

High Definition Audio Drivers are only the generic, basic function, Windows installed sound drivers. They are not the full feature drivers that the hardware drivers provide. Check HP for a correct sound driver, if available.

ATPI (ATAPI) suggests this is an old Windows XP PC that was upgraded. There may not be any better drivers than the generic ones you have now.

Also check the front panel audio connection to the motherboard (reseat the connector).

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/376905-hp400-sound-internal-speaker-rear-jacks-but-not-front-jacks.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I've been looking for the front panel pin layout on the Dell Dual Xeon Motherboard with Dell P/N: 0WN7Y6 (it is a # zero, W, N, #7, Y, #6). 
The front panel connector is 27-pin...28 spots with one pin left blank. The pin layout isn't included in the manual and I'm trying to boot two of these motherboards without the 27-pin connector. I just need to know which pins need to be jumpered in order to test for boot to BIOS.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

A:Dell Motherboard- P/N 0WN7Y6 Dual Xeon Motherboard Front Panel Pin Layout

Dell doesn't make the front panel connector pin-outs public. So unless you map them yourself or somebody else has done it...

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19996055
Relevancy 53.32%

I'm new to building my own PC. I've taken a really bland class on Computer Architecture, so I know the basics of the basics.

I just guess I have a question that I'm begging to be answered. :dead:

So does anyone know if there's conflicts with the idea of Dual Core Proc. in a Dual Proc. Motherboard?

And of course, is it worth it?

A:Dual Core Processors in a Dual Processor Motherboard

No there will not be any conflict. If the motherboard has a BIOS that supports dual-core processsors, it will use both cores present on each processor.

READ: Opteron 285 review @gamepc.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-core-processors-in-a-dual-processor-motherboard.47088/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello. As you can see in the title, I have 2 jacks in the front (1 audio 1 microphone) and 2 jacks in the back (also 1 audio 1 microphone). I would like to plug my headphones into the front jacks, and my speakers into the back jacks.

However, Vista doesn't seem to recognize my front jacks. When I plug in my headphones, there are no new devices detected or anything, and the audio keeps flowing through my speakers. When I unplug the speakers, the Realtek HD Audio playback device displays "Not connected".

So the only choice I have at the moment is going over to the back of my computer and switching cables, which is quite annoying.

Any help?

My playback devices are:

Code:
Speakers
"Litexmedia Virtual Audio Cable" (9 of them)

Speakers
"Realtek High Definition Audio" <<<SET AS DEFAULT

Realtek Digital Audio
"Realtek High Definition Audio"

A:Got front and back jacks, but Vista only recognizes the back jacks.

hi you may need to get the motherboard manual and open your comp to check the wiring for the front jacks is correct

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/got-front-and-back-jacks-but-vista-only-recognizes-the-back-jacks-375097.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have two CPUs; my motherboard died for my server and I got another P3 for free. So, I was wondering, what motherboard could I get that would support them?

P3 700Mhz / 100Mhz FSB / 1.7v
P3 733Mhz / 133Mhz FSB / 1.65v

I was thinking the Abit VP6; but it doesn't like different voltages. Anyone know of a good board that'd support this? I use SDRAM.

A:Dual P3 Motherboard...

It isn't just the motherboard really it is your chips. You can't just take two chips and plug them into a motherboard and think they will work. They have to be the same chip, same speed, same voltage, and has to have the same stepping. Even two chips that are indenitcal dont' alway have the same stepping value, but you have to have those other wise the processor will be working at differne rate and won't work together because they won't be in sync.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-p3-motherboard.43828/
Relevancy 46.44%

My Gigbyte server board - GA-7DPXDW+ has two AMD 2600+ processors installed. Now.. when I start the pc it says 1, CPU(s)... its not reading the other one.

I went into device manager and only saw 1 processor there as well.

Now the motherboard came with a program that lets me view the information on the motherboard and it says I have cpu0 and cpu1 installed.. so im confused.

and yes I installed all the drivers.
please help!

Relevancy 46.01%

I'm upgrading to an Athlon 1.4GHz with an ABIT KG-7 mb. That leaves me with the p3 500MHz cpu that I'm running now. I'm going to give it to my little bro who's running the same 500MHz processor. He's looking to upgrade to and would like to run them dual. If anybody has any suggestions on what motherboard he should get, please let me know. Thanks.
-Ryan

A:dual p3 500MHz...what motherboard?

slot 1 or socket 370????

Also, to run dual cpu's you will need to be running win2k or nt.
win98/me don't support dual processor's
Not sure about xp, hmmm have to look

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-p3-500mhz-what-motherboard.53022/
Relevancy 46.01%

Ive been looking for a dual processor pentium 4 motherboard for what seems like forever (actually 2 years to be exact). I know they exist be cause ive worked on one, my school has one. However noone who is associated with it seems to know how they aquired it. Id like to move to a dual core chipset however with the high prices of dual core and the dropping prices of the pentium 4 it seems more logical to just purchase a dual processor motherboard and another P4 cpu (which im assuming together wont cost more than $500) because it cant be more expensive than going the switch to a dual core system and the four processing threads would also help greatly with my high intensity programs. If anyone has any information what-so-ever it would be very much apppreciated. Thanks.

A:looking for a dual penium 4 motherboard

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot

All I'm seeing is dual xeon or Opteron x4.
TYAN
xeon's are P4's maybe they don't know they have dual xeon's.
Post back if you find one.
G'Luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-a-dual-penium-4-motherboard.32845/
Relevancy 46.01%

I just bought a dual processor mother board but when i went to plug the power in to it both power plugs into the motherboard from the power supply are 4 prongs short. Is there an adapter for this or what should I do?

A:dual processor motherboard

What have you upgraded to CPU and motherboard wise?? You should get at least a 500W PSU for a dualie.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-processor-motherboard.208842/
Relevancy 45.58%

My board have dual BIOS so I guess it means the spare(?) BIOS is the backup in case of crash. If that's the case do I have to set it up or is it loaded with the defaults?

A:My Gigabyte B75 motherboard with dual BIOS

Yes its basically your spare tire as far as motherboards go. Lets say you are flashing your BIOS and the power goes out. In most situations with a single Bios, this will mean your MOBO is basically dead. If this happens, you simply restart the PC and it does it automatically.

For more information, check this out:
--GIGABYTE--DUAL BIOS WEB

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/312419-my-gigabyte-b75-motherboard-dual-bios.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi all i have a question regarding installing 3rd RAM on a dual channel motherboard. I have already installed and running a dual channel kit by Kingston HyperX 1866 4GB x2. If I install another module of same speed will it unstable the performance? Or crash apps as it wont be running on dual channel mode.

A:Installing 3rd RAM on Dual Channel Motherboard

If you look at the motherboard manual, there may still be a way to run in dual channel with only 3 sticks, if it`s possible the MB manual will show you which slots to populate.

Only you will know for sure if performance is slower.

But, why not just wait and fill all 4 slots ?

Best desktop and notebook memory | Kingston Technology

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/385859-installing-3rd-ram-dual-channel-motherboard.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I'm not sure if my motherboard supports dual channel ram. Can anyone help me. My motherboard is Asus P5LD2 Deluxe.
Any help is appreciated. thanks

A:I don't know if my motherboard supports Dual Channel

Yep, it does

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-dont-know-if-my-motherboard-supports-dual-channel.376197/
Relevancy 45.58%

Dual-channel issues on an Dual-channels issues on an old motherboard old motherboard In an attempt to squeeze a little more life out of an old computer I decided to upgrade the RAM Here s what I m working with Motherboard Soyo KT Dragon RAM G Skill F - PHU Dual-channels issues on an old motherboard -GBNS x G modules CPU Athlon XP quot Barton quot AXDA DKV D FSB Now when I try to use the RAM in dual-channel mode either by using sockets amp or amp only G of RAM shows up in BIOS If Dual-channels issues on an old motherboard I place both sticks side by side like sockets amp G of RAM registers in BIOS I ve tried adjusting BIOS setting so that the RAM runs in dual-channel mode but that didn t seem to work Does anyone have any ideas Dual-channels issues on an old motherboard on what could be the problem I d like to update the BIOS but SOYO has been out of business for years so there s no website to check Does anyone know of a reputable site for older motherboard BIOS and drivers Thanks nbsp

A:Dual-channels issues on an old motherboard

If there isn't a bios update on the manufacturers website then googleing is the only option.
the problem is most likely a compatibility problem which a bios update usually solves.

first check your version of the bios and try here (i don't know which is is the corect bios):
http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/BIOS/Soyo/Soyo-SY-KT880-Dragon-2-9Value-Bios-2aa1.shtml
http://www.updrivers.com/bios/Motherboard/Soyo/SY-KT880_Dragon_2-BIOS/11800.html (the link is in the middle of the page)

PS: is your mb Soyo KT880 Dragon 2 Value or Soyo KT880 Dragon v2? there are 2 models of kt880 dragon and you need to be sure which one you have

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-channels-issues-on-an-old-motherboard.141682/
Relevancy 45.58%

I am assembling the parts for building for Motherboard Core Dual Intel my own computer and would like to ask for opinions on the best motherboard for an Intel G Dual core processor I watch ads for computers offered by local vendors and the one with a computer nearest to what I want has an Intel GTPLKR Express motherboard which is a Mini-ATX formfactor I know very little about motherboards but I suspect that there is something newer available I do need at least PCI slots too My current computer has an ASUS motherboard and it has performed well for over Motherboard for Intel Dual Core years so I wouldn t mind one of those either The reason I am asking is that in addition to Motherboard for Intel Dual Core internal hard drives I run external USB hard drives Motherboard for Intel Dual Core and have read on this site that there may be a conflict with nVidia chipsets that degrades the performance of these drives Also I need to get an adequate power supply A few minutes ago I ran a Power Supply calculator that indicates that I will need at least a watt power supply I see so many available power supplies that it gets confusing Especially since the price range on what appears to be similar units can range from under to well over There must be a reasonably priced power supply unit that is of good quality but I don t know anything about buying one of these and need some help here too Thanks for any advice that you can offer nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

An individual built the CPU running windows XP memory It s been up and running for about year When turning it on the BIOS did not see the hard drive So I rebooted and went into the BIOS and or Power Supply-dual Motherboard? fan tried to auto detect the hard drive It found it so I saved the configuration Power Supply-dual fan or Motherboard? and system booted fine After working for a while I shutdown the system for the day next day tried booting and same thing occurred So I went through the same steps as stated above system came back up Obviously a problem and concern here I couldn t stay to diagnose it at that time but it was up and running and it was used all day That afternoon I went and bought a battery for it thinking that was the problem After installing the battery and rebooting the system Right in the middle of the reboot the power supply-dual fan started making a loud noise and the CPU totally died dead So of course next I replaced the power supply-dual fan thinking maybe it was overheating After replacing that the fan unit on the motherboard started making a little bit of a noise so I thought what the heck I just replace the fan unit as well After replacing all of the above everything seems to be working fine But my question is how do make sure that it was the power supply and it s not the motherboard itself I do not have any fancy equipment like a voltmeter storage oscilloscope or the PC Power Check Is there any other way to tell without having just sit and wait or do you think that what I described above has fixed the initial problem Any advice would be greatly appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-supply-dual-fan-or-motherboard.269590/
Relevancy 45.58%

I found that ASROCK 939Dual-SATA2 is a good motherboard that has an APG slot
and dual core, but i looked in google and no place has it.

Relevancy 45.58%

I am running Windows 10 and have an Asrock H61M/U3S3 Motherboard. It has A DVI-D socket and a VGA socket. According to it's spec multiple displays can be used. This being so I have been into the BIOS and put in the correct setting.
There is also a Radeon Graphics Card in the system but it doesn't have enough of the right kind of sockets. When I connect both the monitors to the Motherboard all I get is blank screens and "no signal"
I want dual monitors for working in Photoshop, can anybody help on this one? Mal.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/dual-display-not-working-motherboard-4606136/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have an ASROCK H61M/U3S3 Motherboard, it has a DVI-D socket and a VGA socket. the book of words that came with it says it is capable of multiple displays and it is set as such. There is also a Radeon Graphics card in the system but it doesn't have enough of the right sockets so isn't used. I have also Been into the BIOS and set that to multiple displays. My problems is that when I plug both monitors into the Motherboard sockets both screens are blank and read "no signal".
This is really frustrating as I want to use dual display when working in Photoshop. Can anybody help please.
Mal.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/motherboard-graphics-used-dual-displys-4605994/
Relevancy 45.58%

My questions are:

1. If I get a new motherboard and would like to keep my data on my hard drive without having to make back-ups and reformatting/reinstalling the OS, how would I do that?
2. For Dual Channel memory, you have to put the memory on the same color memory slot, correct? And once you do that, is it listed as dual channel memory, or is there something in the BIOS or windows that I have to configure to enable dual-channel?

Thanks.

Relevancy 45.58%

Someone know how i can use Tri sticks of ram in a dual channel motherboard? II II

A:Someone know how i can use Tri sticks of ram in a dual channel motherboard? II II

You cannot use 3 rams sticks and still get the advantages of dual channel. However you can use 4 sticks, with most motherboards and they will operate in dual channel.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/someone-know-how-i-can-use-tri-sticks-of-ram-in-a-dual-channel-motherboard-ii-ii-504221.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey Everyone I am brand spankin new here and I have a question for someone out there I currently have a SOYO motherboard which I have been having issues with and I am going to be switching to a ECS Elite Group board in a few weeks My question is when I bought RAM for my SOYO I bought Patriot Dual Channel DDR gb pair but the ECS board I am switching to does not support Dual Channel so can I still use the the sticks normally on the new board or I do I have to get new memory or a different board I would think it would just run Motherboard, on DDR will it work? Channel NON-Dual Channel Dual them as sticks of but Dual Channel DDR on NON-Dual Channel Motherboard, will it work? I am not sure and I wanted to know if anyone else knew this or not Thanks in advance for any help and sorry if I missed this being posted somewhere else I did try and search for the answer but didnt see anything Riika nbsp

A:Dual Channel DDR on NON-Dual Channel Motherboard, will it work?

rmsilver7 said:

when I bought RAM for my SOYO I bought Patriot Dual Channel DDR 3200 1gb pair, but the ECS board I am switching to does not support Dual Channel, so can I still use the the 2 512 sticks normally on the new board or I do I have to get new memory or a different board?Click to expand...

1. Yes.
2. No.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-channel-ddr-on-non-dual-channel-motherboard-will-it-work.18506/
Relevancy 45.15%

First I'd like to say thanks to the folks who have helped me so far with this process The machine is running -bit Win and -bit XP Finally about a week ago I bought a new mobo processor and Ram When I booted the computer for the first time I let the machine boot to Win and I was fully expecting the OS to crash or error out in some serious fashion But it didn't It didn't even prompt me for the Win installation disk It spent about or minutes installing new drivers though After the OS finished I installed the drivers for the motherboard And everything is behaving swimingly The system is noticeably faster than the one it replaced which is always fun Once I was satisfied the system was running Boot and motherboard? with (Win7 Preserving XP) new Dual Win normally I tried booting to XP Problems As soon as its splash screen came up I realized the mouse wasn't Preserving Dual Boot (Win7 and XP) with new motherboard? being recognized then I saw that neither was the keyboard At this point I should mention that with the old system I had a wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse combo I ended up retiring this set for another Logitech wireless set because the new motherboard doesn't support PS- connectors for the mouse and kb the way the original mb did So I went with USB in this case a set in which both the kb and mouse share the same USB connector Seems to me there shouldn't be a problem but for whatever reason there was Tomorrow I'm thinking about dragging out an old PS- mouse and KB attach them to the system using PS- to USB adapters and see if I can get it to respond when booting to XP But I'm not holding out much hope If I have to reinstall XP this is gonna kill the boot manager that Win set up isn't it To bring the Win boot manager back does this mean I'll have to reinstall Win too sigh Why can't things just be simple for a change In case you're wondering I've gone with an AMD Phenom X CPU and an ASRock GX motherboard It's running gigs of DDR PC RAM It has an onboard Radion -series graphics processor but the resolutions available with the processor are lame so I'm not able to run at my flat screen's preferred resolution I mean in this day and age of the ubiquitous x flat screen who in their right mind would ignore this resolution AMD ATi apparently I have a nice graphics card in another machine that does support this rez and I guess it's gonna get pressed into service in the new machine Or maybe I'll buy a new one haven't made up my mind yet The old mb is still under warranty and still has a lot of life left to it -- an ASUS M A Pro It has AM AM socket capability and is running an AMD Athlon X CPU but it has problems I'm sending it into ASUS for warranty repair replacement and then it will be put back into service in another machine that's currently running an eight yo mb processor due for retirement I plan to run multi OSes on it too Most likely XP and Ubuntu Linux currently only Ubuntu is installed I also want a small DOS partition -- less than a gig will be plenty -- so I can run some cool old DOS programs I still have I have a legit copy of Quarterdeck's DeskView X -- like about a dozen quot floppies some of which I think have probably gone bad by now -- but I'd really like to get DVX up and running just to play around with it some Okay well that's about it If you have any comments or suggestions I'd be happy getting your feedback

A:Preserving Dual Boot (Win7 and XP) with new motherboard?

sounds to me like your 7 version is a full license and xp is an oem one use version.

What happens if you boot to XP with the CD in?

To my knowledge it shouldnt effect the boot order with 7.

If your that worried you could always install XP to a virtual machine, and just run it from window 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/198624-preserving-dual-boot-win7-xp-new-motherboard.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey guys Long time reader first time poster here So ill just throw it out there Today Motherboard E5200 and Core Dual Processor my i deided to upgrade my pc We ll come to the specs and such in a moment First things first I ll show you what i have purchased The CPU http www ebuyer com product I also purcahsed a GFX card but I m not to concerned about this as I am fairly confident that it will be ok my current card is not too much E5200 Dual Core Processor and my Motherboard lower than this new one Now the CPU is what worries me My current Pc ill try to be as E5200 Dual Core Processor and my Motherboard detailed as I posibly can here Processor gigahertz Intel Pentium kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Motherboard Board Dell Inc M Serial Number CN AL PL Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Dell Inc A Now with help from my friend Google am I right in thinking that this Mobo is chipset Intel G Express http compare intel com pcc showchart aspx mmID amp familyID amp culture en-US Unfortunaly I just checked the FSB which is mhz on the NEW processor and mhz on my Mobo and the socket which again is LGA on the NEW processor and LGA on my Mobo so I purcahsed and thought everything was going to E5200 Dual Core Processor and my Motherboard be great Now I have heard along the grapevine that there are other things to consider Therefore my questions Will my motherboard support the new processor If not then can anyone suggest a new Mobo which will support the new Processor Bare in mid that I am from UK and I m farily confident with PCs just not as i wuddnt be in this mess if i was Hopefully you guys can help and I thank you in advance for it Phil nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

Can you guys help me, what should i buy?
my ram memory is 256mb ddr2 ...
Q:if i buy 2x 2gb ddr2 ram memory pair it will not burn my pc or destroyer?

my motherboard is MS-7507...
Q: can you guys give me a good advice what should i buy that belongs to my pc for gaming only

Processor: x86 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 6 GenuineIntel ~2520 Mhz

Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU
E5200 @ 2.50GHz
2.52 GHz, 0.99 GB of RAM

i don't have memory that why ^^,

please... advice what should i buy and i wanna buy a video card but i don't know what should i buy... i'm so newbie at computer ^^, wew.

A:My motherboard is M7 & Processor is Intel Dual Core 2

First, what is your budget?

Second, what games would you like to be able to play?

Third, what Operating System are you running: XP or Vista?

Without a doubt you need more memory. 256 is bare minimum to run XP.

* I looked up your motherboard and you can run upt to 4 gigs of memory but only do so if you are running a 64-bit Operating System. You can also run PCI-express video cards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-motherboard-is-m7-processor-is-intel-dual-core-2.157357/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a dual Gigabit capable motherboard and always wondered if I could use 2 different connections at the same time.

Lets say I have Comcast and AT&T internet for example and I connect each one into the 2 Gigabit ports. How does my motherboard know which one to use? Will it always choose the faster one? And what if Comcast was down one night, will it switch and use the AT&T connection?

A:Dual Gigabit motherboard, can I use both connections at the same time?

It is not the motherboard that chooses - it is the operating system that picks. Usually, the faster connection is selected, but in your case, the adapters are the same speed - so it would probably pick the one that is listed in the registry first.

You can run more than one operating system at the same time by using virtual machines. You can assign the network adapter that is not being used by the host OS to the guest (virtual) OS... so you could make use of both connections at the same time.

...and then there is ICS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/221497-dual-gigabit-motherboard-can-i-use-both-connections-same-time.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Is it possible to run, say, two x1600xt's in an Nforce 4 SLI Ultra motherboard, or does Nvidia prevent this somehow? I currently have an ATI card, but I am not impressed with the crossfire motherboards out there.

A:Running Dual ATI Video Cards in an SLI Motherboard

Heh, I was wondering myself but honestly I'd rather not attempt it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/running-dual-ati-video-cards-in-an-sli-motherboard.57560/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi I have just installed all new ASUS P B Deluxe motherboard Intel Dual Core E processor NVIDIA gt graphics card gb ram into my pc and a HIPER W power supply So basically now its all new apart from hard drive tower floppy drive fans I have windows XP with SP The pc was working fine before the new parts were installed but now after it has froze a few times It seems to work fine for the first few hours but then I will restart the machine and then it will freeze on the windows xp loading screen I - problem core dual freezing and with new processor motherboard will problem with freezing - new motherboard and dual core processor then restart it to try again and it still happens Yesterday night it wouldn t load into windows after i restarted it however this morning it loaded into windows fine Tonight I started having the problem again so I decided to install my old NVIDIA geforce graphics card So far it seems fine My brother who also has nearly the exact setup as me apart from having an Intel D XBOX motherboard is also having the same problem He has taken his old memory out and replaced it with better Corsair memory but is still having the problem Is there anyone that can help thanks nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

EVGA just released their dual i7 board a couple months ago, but now it's out of their product line, with the single socket only existing. I was looking forward to purchasing this. What happened?

A:EVGA Dual Socket i7 extreme quad sli motherboard gone?

the only one im aware of is the evga super record 2, which is not meant to be for the average consumer/Hardcore gamer but for workstation/server use using dual 1366 xeons.
was the mystery board given a name?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/evga-dual-socket-i7-extreme-quad-sli-motherboard-gone.984451/
Relevancy 44.72%

I hope this is the correct forum I had trouble deciding on system? dual-boot Win7/XP Swap Motherboard whether to put this post here or in the hardware section I decided for here because ultimately it will most likely deal with OS installation I have a very stable system running -bit Win and -bit XP I want to keep XP for compatibility reasons with some older hardware I still use often I Motherboard Swap on dual-boot Win7/XP system? have XP installed on one hard drive and Win installed on another When I installed Motherboard Swap on dual-boot Win7/XP system? Win I just went with the option for Motherboard Swap on dual-boot Win7/XP system? it to install a boot manager and have been using that one ever since to dual boot my system Nothing special but it works The current motherboard is an ASUS model and has always had problems with the USB section it took me quite a while to realize it was a motherboard problem though Then it began to develop problems reading the DVD drive several months after I installed it back when it was only an XP system Once again not suspecting the motherboard I replaced the DVD drive thinking it had gone bad -- it hadn't works fine in another system And pretty soon thereafter the current drive began to work sporadically and now doesn't work at all Same as before This ASUS mb has a -year warranty and it's not quite years old So I should probably just suck it up and jump through the dozen or so hoops they toss in your path to get the mb repaired replaced Still I'm guessing that if I'm successful I may end up with a mb that is different enough from the one I have now where it's gonna break Win and XP I went through this when I originally replaced the motherboard and ended up having to completely reinstall XP reactivate it and then d l all the updates I guess I'll be looking at having to do this now for both OSes eh If I have to reinstall both OSes I'm thinking that I should install XP first then Win mostly to preserve the dual-boot capabilty If I don't get satisfaction from ASUS I'll probably just drop back and punt and go with a new mb I'm gonna try to avoid this though because it's getting harder and harder to find mbs with PCI slots I need three I guess if I do this it will probably amount to the same amount of work as if ASUS sends me a board that is substantially different from the old one So if you have any recommendations as to how I should proceed I'd appreciate them Especially if there is any possible way I can avoid having to go through the PITA of doing fresh installs d l'ing all the updates and then re-activating the OSes Thanks

A:Motherboard Swap on dual-boot Win7/XP system?

Hello.

Have a look at this program at the link below, it will prep OSs to be moved to new H/W.

Paragon Adaptive Restore

Have a look at this tutorial also.

Windows 7 Installation - Transfer to a New Computer

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/148930-motherboard-swap-dual-boot-win7-xp-system.html
Relevancy 44.72%

friends,i'm having a compatibility problem,can anyone tell me what motherboard will be compatible with geforce 8600GT and AMD athlon dual core and ddr2 2gb of ram?

A:compatible motherboard for 8600gt and AMD athlon dual core

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131042
This board doesn't have SLI.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131013
This board has 8X SLI.

http:///www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131011
This board has 16X SLI.

What kind of compatibility problems?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatible-motherboard-for-8600gt-and-amd-athlon-dual-core.82360/
Relevancy 44.72%

I was looking on ebay and I saw a Asus P5E Motherboard (Socket 775 Quad/Dual Core)?? I don't know anything about
this motherboard. Can anyone provide any information about it?

Also I am looking for motherboard/CPU kits but as I look I don't know what is good. I am not looking for the
latest and greatest electronics but I want something that is reasonable up to date to run XP on. Any suggestions on
where to find info and prices?
Thank you,

Relevancy 43.86%

I have a custom built PC based upon the ASUS MAXIMUS Formula with a EVGA GeForce 8800 GT video card. Everything works great. I wanted to add a second identical video card to support four monitors. When I add the second card in, the PC will no longer boot. The external LCD Poster just says CPU INIT. The fans, disk drives, etc. do not power up. If I take the second video card back out, it boots up fine. The power supply is a 650 watt ANTEC which the box indicates that it supports dual video cards. Any idea as to what I need to do to support two video cards not linked via SLI? TIA!

A:Dual non-SLI video cards in ASUS Maximus Motherboard won't boot

What is the second card you are trying to add? Do you have a 6-pin power connector connected to it, if it needs one?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-non-sli-video-cards-in-asus-maximus-motherboard-wont-boot.124882/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a custom built PC based upon the ASUS MAXIMUS Formula with a EVGA GeForce 8800 GT video card. Everything works great. I wanted to add a second identical video card to support four monitors. When I add the second card in, the PC will no longer boot. The external LCD Poster just says CPU INIT. The fans, disk drives, etc. do not power up. If I take the second video card back out, it boots up fine. The power supply is a 650 watt ANTEC which the box indicates that it supports dual video cards. Any idea as to what I need to do to support two video cards not linked via SLI? TIA!

A:Dual non-SLI video cards in ASUS Maximus Motherboard won't boot

The problem was the 650 watt power supply was inadequate. I swapped it for a 850 watt power supply and the PC boots just fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-non-sli-video-cards-in-asus-maximus-motherboard-wont-boot.813431/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi i am building my own computer (1st time),

I was considering buying the Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3P motherboard as i want something suitable for gaming, hd movies, multitasking and a bit of everything.

The only issues i have with it, is that it has 2 PCI slots and i would prefer 3, but its not essential and that it has 2 video card slots.

I am also planning to buy a high end video card.

First off, Is it beneficial to have 2 video card slots when only using one monitor?? Can you even use 2 video cards with 1 monitor??

And is this a suitable motherboard choice?? Bearing in mind that i hope not to upgrade for a little while.. if not could anyone please suggest some others.

Cheers
Andrew

A:Question regarding motherboard choice and dual video card slots

andebrook said:

Hi i am building my own computer (1st time),

I was considering buying the Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3P motherboard as i want something suitable for gaming, hd movies, multitasking and a bit of everything.

The only issues i have with it, is that it has 2 PCI slots and i would prefer 3, but its not essential and that it has 2 video card slots.

I am also planning to buy a high end video card.

First off, Is it beneficial to have 2 video card slots when only using one monitor?? Can you even use 2 video cards with 1 monitor??

And is this a suitable motherboard choice?? Bearing in mind that i hope not to upgrade for a little while.. if not could anyone please suggest some others.

Cheers
AndrewClick to expand...

Using 2 video card slots gives you the ability to use multiple monitors but the main reason for their existence is gaming performance. Both top GPU manufacturers, ATI/AMD and NVIDIA provide the ability to combine 2 identical cards for increased 3D performance. These technologies are called SLI for NVIDIA and Crossfire for ATI/AMD. So, of course you can use 2 cards with one monitor if you like!

The m/b you chose has pretty good features and uses a nice chipset. In case you decide to use a dual GPU configuration make sure that the P35 chipset supports both companies. Some time ago intel chipsets could only use crossfire.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-regarding-motherboard-choice-and-dual-video-card-slots.713122/
Relevancy 43.43%

hi, i have recently been given the above motherboard. I have wired it into my tower but when i switch it on the board reads all my hardware, but nothing appears on my monitor. I have win xp sp3 installed to 2 hard drives an ide hdd and a sata hdd. I have tried using both hard drives to boot but nothing appears on my monitor. is there known issues with the graphic? as i am thinking of buying a graphic card to see if this solves the problem. When it boots i dont get any beeping noises to say the bios isnt working. Plz help as this is very frustrating.

A:d915gag dual core intel desktop motherboard, wont boot

Hard to even start to guess at the problem. You really need to list the exact model numbers of all the parts you are using.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d915gag-dual-core-intel-desktop-motherboard-wont-boot.1093711/
Relevancy 40.85%

I was wondering..
I've been familiar with the 3.5mm jacks connected usually to the headpones or earphones straight to the cellphone or to your pc.
But I was surprised when I saw a 3.5mm Jack with three wires inside it..
I was wondering, Which of these ones are positive and which ones are negative?

Thanks for the replies!

A:3.5mm Jacks

This could help you. Further down the page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phone_connector_(audio)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/3-5mm-jacks.195010/
Relevancy 40.85%

Please help -- I haven t been successful on my own Have Internet Explorer hijackers prosearching com securitybulletin net and maybe others also inundated with tons of scary pop-ups including in system tray Many thanks for any advice James Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP can't pop-ups IE PLEASE rid -- get these ME hi-jacks and of HELP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP HELP ME PLEASE -- can't get rid of these pop-ups and IE hi-jacks Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared HELP ME PLEASE -- can't get rid of these pop-ups and IE hi-jacks ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system atmclk exe C WINDOWS system dcomcfg exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Common Files Logitech QCDriver LVCOMS EXE C Program Files DIGStream digstream exe C WINDOWS System lhfxti exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C PROGRA COMMON ADAPTE CreateCD CREATE EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Palm HOTSYNC EXE C Program Files Hewlett-Packard AiO hp psc series Bin hpobrt exe C Program Files Sony Corporation Image Transfer SonyTray exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C PROGRA HEWLET AiO Shared Bin hpoevm exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard AiO Shared bin hpOSTS exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper WRSSSDK exe C WINDOWS system hpoipm exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS TEMP win DE tmp exe C WINDOWS TEMP win DEF tmp exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchURL prosearching com R - URLSearchHook no name - D A E - A - f- A- B BF D - no file R - URLSearchHook no name - CFBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file O - BHO Nothing - b eca- bcd- - - e dc d - C WINDOWS system hpBB tmp O - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar MSN Toolbar en-xu msntb dll file missing O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run LVCOMS C Program Files Common Files Logitech QCDriver LVCOMS EXE O - HKLM Run DIGStream C Program Files DIGStream digstream exe O - HKLM Run kgmutkbhgiip C WINDOWS System lhfxti exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Hmfroc C Program Files Uhmm Vijbqh exe O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe Consumer O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run CreateCD C PROGRA COMMON ADAPTE CreateCD CREATE EXE -r O - HKLM Run SpySweeper quot C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe quot startintray O - HKCU Run CommCtr C PROGRA NET PH CommCtr exe -auto O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe... Read more

A:HELP ME PLEASE -- can't get rid of these pop-ups and IE hi-jacks

hi, welcome to TSG.
Please download SmitfraudFix (by S!Ri)
Extract the content (a folder named SmitfraudFix) to your Desktop.

Open the SmitfraudFix folder and double-click smitfraudfix.cmd
Select option #1 - Search by typing 1 and press "Enter"; a text file will appear, which lists infected files (if present).
Please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.

Note : process.exe is detected by some antivirus programs (AntiVir, Dr.Web, Kaspersky) as a "RiskTool"; it is not a virus, but a program used to stop system processes. Antivirus programs cannot distinguish between "good" and "malicious" use of such programs, therefore they may alert the user.
http://www.beyondlogic.org/consulting/proc...processutil.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-me-please-cant-get-rid-of-these-pop-ups-and-ie-hi-jacks.463605/
Relevancy 40.42%

I realized the other day that I've got two monitor hookups on the back of my machine. One is from my video card, and the others seems to be wired straight to my motherboard... I've heard that you can use RAM as memory for your video card, but I don't know if I can, or how to.
First International Computer, Inc. KA-6130 PCB 1.x
that would be my motherboard, straight from pcpitstop.com
ati rage pro 8mb card installed

Relevancy 40.42%

I don't know what happened. I opened up my laptop yesterday, dusted a bit, and fixed my cracked shell [plastic body]. Now when I plug in my recording device plug into the jack, it records immediately and the sound comes out of the speakers. No difference it the headphone jack.

What happened? How can I fix it? And, I'm fine with going back in it to fix it.

Relevancy 40.42%

Hello,

I've a Supreme X-Fi Sound device, that came with my Asus Crosshair III Forumla motherboard, I need to change the Jack assignments for this device , any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Ahmed.

A:Supreme X-Fi Jacks

I'm not sure if this will be of ANY help at all, since Supreme X-Fi is not realtek HD... but maybe it will help, or maybe point you in the right direction?

Realtek HD Changing Jack output reassignments ( FIX )

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/116309-supreme-x-fi-jacks.html
Relevancy 40.42%

IN W7 how do I make it so that both the rear and front audio jacks work? Currently, my front jacks are registered devices in my sounds but when I put a headphone jack in nothing happens

A:audio jacks

Hi XeRo,

Open the Realtek HD Audio Manager and left click the folder icon (shown within the red box). In the dialogue panel that appears, Connector Settings, ensure that both options are selected and then click OK.

Right click the appropriate socket and select Connector Retasking... (alternatively, double left click). This brings up the following panel. This is from my front green socket. Select the required option and click OK.

You can now close the Realtek HD Audio Manager by clicking OK.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/5323-audio-jacks.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello!

My name is Isac and this is my first post at SevenForums and i got 1 problem now.

I got the Fatal1ty x300/x500/x1000 headset with jacks, so its not USB.

The problem is that my microphone doesent work, the sound works but my microphone wont show any sign of life.

So my question is .. What should i do? And anyone else had this problem b4?

Ploxx help, tyvm.

A:Fatal1ty Jacks not USB

Quote: Originally Posted by Aizakk

Hello!

My name is Isac and this is my first post at SevenForums and i got 1 problem now.

I got the Fatal1ty x300/x500/x1000 headset with jacks, so its not USB.

The problem is that my microphone doesent work, the sound works but my microphone wont show any sign of life.

So my question is .. What should i do? And anyone else had this problem b4?

Ploxx help, tyvm.

Ho and welcome

Can you confirm you have the correct driver by typing device mananger in search. Go to the sound tab and see if the driver is listed and if it has a yellow triangle on it. Also let us know if there are and "unknown" devices with yellow triangles

Let us know

Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/41341-fatal1ty-jacks-not-usb.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I have an HP P6620f desktop. I have a pair of speakers that I have tested on other computers and had working on this system until recently it stopped. When I plug the speakers into the back port and turn the volume up max on the speakers itself and the in OS sound options I can faintly hear the audio. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest drivers. I have even tried reinstalling windows and it still happening. The front headphone jack will do the same with my head phones as well. Since its still happening after a reinstall im guessing its a hardware issue but I dont understand why my front headphone jack would do the same as well. I did recently remove my power supply and then put it back in.
Any other thoughts as to what I could try?

Thanks

A:Cannot get audio on any jacks.

The front headphone sound comes from the same chip on the motherboard that supplies the sound to the rear speaker output.

When you reinstalled, did you properly reinstall everything? OS, motherboard chipset drivers, device drivers including the HP supplied sound driver? Windows 7 will install a lot of drivers, some are the correct drivers and some are not, thus you need to install the PC vendor's drivers for some devices, especially the sound.

As you were inside the PC, accidental damage to the motherboard is a possibility due to the motherboard having static sensitive devices on it. Check the internal cabling and especially the cable that connects the front panel audio jacks to the motherboard, to make sure its properly seated. To see if the front panel connection is causing the low output to the speaker connection, temporarily disconnect the front panel audio connection (check or remove the front panel connection with the PC powered off. If you don't have a grounding wrist strap, at least ground yourself to a metal part of the chassis before touching anything inside).

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/249073-cannot-get-audio-any-jacks.html
Relevancy 40.42%

So I just got a new dell studio xps 9000 and it has no audio jacks at all. I have a logitech thx system but there is no where I can hook it up. I was wondering do the new computers have their sound output from the usb drive? So would this mean I need to find a converter from the three jacks to one usb?

thanks for any help you can give me

A:audio jacks

There are some speakers that can connect to your computer and power up via a usb. In term, these speakers also include an integrated headphone (audio jack) jack on the side of the speaker itself.
This is strange though....What kind of computer doesn't have audio jacks

Also, I have an xps 8000. I found that the head phone jacks are actually in a hidden compartment. Is your desktop black? There should be a sliding plastic black (or whatever color) door that you can lift up and find hidden several usb ports and audio jacks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/60130-audio-jacks.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I have an M9350f elite series from HP. There are audio IN jacks in the back of the tower and two in the front.

I'm trying to hook my PS3 component cables up to my tower and play the sound through my speakers, but whatever I try does not work.. the PS3 is outputting sound via component cables..

I'm seriously getting really pissed right now.. I've tried getting this to work with HDMI-to-DVI and nothing is working........

It's extremely hard to write a detailed and flamboyant post when angered, I'm sorry.. but could someone offer me any insight to get this to work?

A:Need help with AUDIO IN jacks..

The computer most likely has 1/8" inch stereo input and the PS3 has dual mono RCA type outputs.

You'll need a converter cable to take the two RCA male plugs to make it into a 1'8" stereo male plug. Radio Shack has this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/43571-need-help-audio-jacks.html
Relevancy 40.42%

After using my webcam as a microphone on my computer even when I wasn t video chatting for a while I decided to buy a headset I bought it and came to find that the microphone didn t register with my computer So I take it back they replace it I plug in the second one and it still isn t working I tried both the Jacks Computer jacks in the front of the computer and in the back but neither work The headphone jack though does work so I believe the hardware is fine Computer Jacks Things I tried Checking the sound settings on my computer to see if it was being recognized as plugged in it wasn t Making sure it was plugged in all the way it was Making sure the computer is nice and clean inside so that dust couldn t be to blame Computer Jacks Any idea s on what could be going wrong PS- I m trying to get this to work with Ventrillo here s the first error I got Unable to activate DirectSound for selected device DirectSoundCaptureCreate failed HR DSERR NODRIVER No sound driver is available for use When I tried disabling direct sound like some forum s suggested I got this one Failed to open sound input device rc - Open input wave device failed nbsp

A:Computer Jacks

Is the mic listed in the audio setup? Most likely you have multiple mic inputs listed and as the internal mic is already configured, it is being left as the default.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-jacks.1034611/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi there, just a quick question from a total computer noob.

I recently ordered a headset online so I could use a mic for PC gaming. When it came in the mail I discovered that it has two cords... one for audio input and one for output. My computer, unfortunately, only has one audio jack. I'm running 10.6.4 (mac).

Is there any way I can configure my settings so that I can use my headset with only one cord plugged in? The headset was rather expensive and I know I can't return the item. ):

Thanks in advance.

A:Two jacks... one hole

Probably want to get a cheap,mac compatable usb audio adapter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/two-jacks-one-hole.935721/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi Everyone

I have a tech related question (less problem) but please don't just say google it as I have and haven't found much help, whether I'm looking for the wrong thing or something I don't know.

I have a MSI 970 Gaming motherboard and it has 3 audio jacks on the back- Left, Right, Centre- but no matter how much I Google I cant find any pc speakers that use this set up.

The closest I've found is get a 5.1 set up and simply not plug in the spare two speakers- is this my only option for getting the most out of my gaming motherboard?

If you could link me to any relevant info or have any recommendations regarding which sound system to go for I'd appreciate it

A:Audio Jacks

the instruction manual says
Audio Ports
These connectors are used for audio devices.

?? Line in: Used for connecting external audio outputting devices.

?? Line out: Used as a connector for speakers or headphone.

?? Mic: Used as a connector for a microphone.

?? RS-Out: Rear surround sound line out in 4/ 5.1/ 7.1 channel mode.

?? CS-Out: Center/ subwoofer line out in 5.1/ 7.1 channel mode.

?? SS-Out: Side surround sound line out in 7.1 channel mode.

if you download the manual and go to page 77 ( on the English manual) , it shows you clearly how to connect up all different types of speaker set up from 2.1 to 8.1
http://uk.msi.com/support/mb/970-GAMING.html#down-manual

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-jacks.1155037/
Relevancy 40.42%

OK I have this problem where somehow my settings or something in my playback devices jack information, the jacks shown are all mixed up. No idea how it happened but this is what it looks like.

And this is what it should look like/ what it looked like before it got switched.

Not sure how to fix this. I'm trying to get it back so the front jack is on one "device" and the rear jacks are on another. Trying to get my mic playback separate. It all used to be right and i'm clueless. Any help greatly appreciated. BTW Windows 7

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-jacks.885920/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hey I got a Windows Xp service pack 3 Desktop and Im not getting any audio out of any of my Jacks and I cant use a microphone neither When I go on to the mixer the option to turn up the audio is there but it wont let me use it. I have tried updating all my out dated drivers and I cant find Windows Audio Service anywhere but I am running a Spanish version of Windows Xp I have no idea if Windows Audio Service has a different name in Spanish. I dont have a separate sound card its part of the mother board Any help I can get with this problem would be nice.
Thanks!

A:I have no sounds from any jacks and cant use a mic

Try...uninstalling the current audio drivers via Device Manager...then reinstalling the drivers originally developed for the system, if it's an OEM system (HP, Dell, etc.).

Drivers should be available at the manufacturer's website.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/484419/i-have-no-sounds-from-any-jacks-and-cant-use-a-mic/
Relevancy 39.99%

The headphone jacks on the front of my CD-Rom and Burner do not work. I have checked connections inside and out and they are all working. If I plug my headphones directly into the back where the speakers go I can hear thru the headphones slightly and that is with the volume all the way up. Does anyone know why my headphone jacks are not working. I have looked everywhere for a solution.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/headphone-jacks-not-working.18943/
Relevancy 39.99%

When connecting the front panel (mic, headset) of a case to the mobo, is it possible to plug it in backwards and still have it work. I ask only because in my VIA HD screen it lists the back panel and front panel. In it the green jack is highlighted where my speakers are connected to. In the front panel I have my head phones w/mic plug in and in the VIA HD panel it's not showing up. So when I use my headphones it does not mute my speakers.....sound comes from both speakers and headset. If I plug headset in to jack on speakers it mutes speakers and sound comes only through headset but I can't use my mic. So I have to use front panel w/headset and turn off speakers....is there a way to work around this or a fix.

A:front panel jacks

Quote:
is it possible to plug it in backwards

Probably not, but seeing as the case is from Ultra who knows. Anyway check you bios settings under "Onboard Devices Configuration" and make sure the "Front panel Select" setting is set to AC'97. Reason being is that your case doesn't have/support HD Audio through the front panel, only an AC'97 connection. Couldn't find anything on Ultra's site support/manual-wise (they are willing to sell it to you though, at nearly twice the price as from Tiger Direct; go figure, one owns the other), but I did find this review on it,

Ultra Products E-Torque Midtower Case | Maximum PC

that at least says which it has. Probably find once you make that one change in the bios (HD Audio is the default), it should work as expected.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/114688-front-panel-jacks.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I have a new Dell XPS 8700 , it has 6 audio jacks with teeny tiny symbols, which colored jack do I plug my stereo speakers into? For now I have them plugged into the headphone jack on top of the computer. The volume here is very low. I tried plugging into the 6 jacks with no luck. The speakers are from an older Dell.

A:XPS 8700, audio jacks

green=stereo output front channels                 black=stereo output rear              grey=stereo output side
gold=dual output, center, subwoofer                blue=stereo output line level        pink=mono microphone output
At least that's what my xps 8700 book says.  Check the speaker icon in the taskbar for sound levels, they may be set real low. Also check accessories,sound, recorder, click on O.K., click on speakers. Hope this helps.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3513/t/19537745
Relevancy 39.99%

I have a HP DV 2000 notebook that is about 3 months old. It is running windows Vista business. Yesterday i noticed that the front headphone jacks will not work. I have tired all the drivers i could find however the ports still will not work. I here a pop when i insert headphones into the jack however sound still ONLY comes from the PC sneakers . Any ideas??

Relevancy 39.99%

Hi.

If you have a headset with two jacks is it possible to put the mic jack of the headset in one device (PC) and the headphones/audio jack in another device (e.g. TV) with no other cables or any extras?

Thanks.

A:Headset jacks in two different devices

It really depends on how long the cable is and how close the TV is to the computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/591207/headset-jacks-in-two-different-devices/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hey all,
I use a Logitech headset to talk to friends through Skype. I came do do the same today and found that my mic will not put out any sound. Both Jacks register that there is a headset plugged in but do not put out any sound.
This is extremely frustrating and would appreciate any help.

A:Microphone Jacks not functioning

Right click the speaker icon on the taskbar and choose "Recording Devices". Make sure those that show up there are not disabled. You can simply right click and Enable.

Some headsets come with a little switch just beside their volume control. This little switch can be used to turn on or off the headset mic. Maybe it got moved unintentionally?

Another thing I would try is to plug the headset on another mic jack or another computer and hear if its mic will work there as well. Unless you or somebody else moved something on the recording devices settings, the problem is more likely to be within the headset itself.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/296554-microphone-jacks-not-functioning.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello my headset just broke which as 2 devices? headphone jacks different was 2 headphone jacks as different devices? USB I have a laptop which I sort of dock on my desk with a dozen things plugged into it and normally I have my computer speakers plugged into the headphone jack which I use those for music and then my USB headset for gaming voip at the same time Anyway I went out looking at headsets and I found an awesome one but it was just copper rather than USB however my laptop does have headphone and microphone jacks on it so I'm wondering if its possible to have each of the headphone jacks as its own device so I can have different things playing to each one I'm googling and messing around with different headphones plugged into my laptop right now but they are both just playing the same thing And I only have Audio device which tends to be whatever is plugged in Forexample if nothing is plugged in it will come out the Laptop's Speakers and If I plug something into the headphone jack it will come out that and the speakers will mute I'm using the Windows default audio driver because the manufacturer of my laptop HP IDT was having major issues with Windows However its been quite a while since I looked into that Cheers

A:2 headphone jacks as different devices?

Update, just installed the latest Realtek driver, In Devices I can see both Speakers and Headphones, however the headphones are set as communication device, If I try to make them default device nothing happens.

Right now in playback devices it shows this:

Another example of how I want it to work is there's a racing game I play called iRacing, in Audio options you can select the device for game sound, voip sound and 3rd for spotter sound (computer voice that tells you when a car is on your left or right, things like that).

Right now on my laptop I have computer speakers plugged into 1 port, and a set of headphones plugged into the second. By default the game was on "Speakers and Dual Headphones", and it was coming out of the computer speakers and the headphones I had plugged in. When I selected VOIP to be "Independed Dual Headphones", the game sound switched to my laptop speakers, and the VOIP was now coming out of the plugged in Computer Speakers and Headphones.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/58792-2-headphone-jacks-different-devices.html
Relevancy 39.99%

hi bas i have problem here hope u can tel me a solution.i am using asus p5kpl-am/ps motherboard and iam using on board sound card that is realtek alc662 6-channel high definition audio codec.so, whats the problem i am having is i am not able to use my front panel audio jacks(both headphone and mic).all the wire connections are given correctly from the motherboard to the cabinet audio jacks.no detection is been occurring in the front side when the pins are plugged.here i have attached the audio manager snap.please help me.thank you

A:front panel jacks

Have you checked your BIOS to make sure the front panel jacks are set to AC'97?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/32453-front-panel-jacks.html
Relevancy 39.99%

soo i have a 5.1 system for my computer

it has 3 jacks
black
orange
green

i know green is for the headphones

but what is black and orange for?

a little program i have, has both of them set for "front speaker out"

so i guess my question is, is this correct? or should one of them be set for "rear speaker out" or something along those lines?

A:Solved: sound jacks?

Orange should be: Sub+Center (or just center), black should be Rear out. Green is actually not for headphones, but front channel (which includes also headphones, as well as the front pair of speakers in a 5.1 setup and any stereo speakers)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sound-jacks.827790/
Relevancy 39.99%

I recentley did a complete reinstall of Windows 10 onto my computer, deleting everything else on the drives along with it. However now when I plug my headset into either the front or rear jacks Windows is not detecting anything. I have installed the newest Realtek HD Audio drivers but am I missing anything else? Or is it a more serious problem? Ty in advance.

A:Jacks not detecting headset

Originally Posted by CoolioF

I recentley did a complete reinstall of Windows 10 onto my computer, deleting everything else on the drives along with it. However now when I plug my headset into either the front or rear jacks Windows is not detecting anything. I have installed the newest Realtek HD Audio drivers but am I missing anything else? Or is it a more serious problem? Ty in advance.

Open Settings and type Audio in "find a setting" box at top....this will give a selection of options to cure your problem.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/39003-jacks-not-detecting-headset.html
Relevancy 39.99%

A:Jacks not detecting headset

Originally Posted by CoolioF

Open Settings and type Audio in "find a setting" box at top....this will give a selection of options to cure your problem.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/39003-jacks-not-detecting-headset.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Is it true that Old telephone jacks can interrupt Internet Connection?

A:Telephone wall jacks.

If their dead no but live then maybe if the insulation is worn from the wires.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/183814-telephone-wall-jacks.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Finished setting up 2nd PC with Win 10 clean install thanks to Brink's excellent tutorial....Thanks Brink...!!
Now this is new to me...When I shut down the box and Windows closes and the monitors box turns off...I noticed my USB connected fan on top (outside) the case is still running ?

Are the USB slots in the case supposed to be 'hot' all the time ? Seems if I power off and turn off the case at the back switch...there should be nothing left active in the box

Could this USB fan be running off the case battery ? Seems doubtful

Any thoughts on my ghost power supply and why the USB exterior case top fan still runs will be greatly appreciated...

Thanks...TiminAz

A:Are usb jacks on case supposed t be always on

Depends on the Mobo , on my current (and previous 2) Gigabyte boards , the USB ports are always on...they planned and made them this way so you could charge phones etc whilst the PC was turned off.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/34764-usb-jacks-case-supposed-t-always.html
Relevancy 39.99%

My system, Asusu mobo M3A, AMD x2 64 3.0 ghz, 340 gig's hdd space, 2 gig ram, Radion vidcard hd 3850, Vista Business,
I have front sound jack and mic jack. the don't work i check control panel find the front jacks listed as high def audio device check mobo book find there is a setting in the bios to change the front jack setting from high def sound to regular jacks, cheanged the setting rebooted and no joy. both jacks still listed in device manager as hifgh def devices. tried to delete in device manager and reboot still the same no sound or mic out the front jack's ?????
Any ideas would be much appreciated,

Blownup2008

A:No sound or mic from front jacks

I can suggest reinstalling the drivers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-sound-or-mic-from-front-jacks-221683.html
Relevancy 39.99%

When I plug in my headset I can get the sound to work but the mic won't work, I have it plugged in to the front jacks and I tried the back but in the back neither jacks work. I know 100% that my headset is compatible with the PC any tips?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/microphone-not-working-in-jacks/td-p/5719057
Relevancy 39.99%

I've got a Creative AudioPCI sound card. Windows identifies it as "Creative AudioPCI (ES1371, ES1373) (WDM)".

What do the colors on jacks mean? I've figured out that the green jack is a low impedance output for speakers, it's probalby 8 ohm.

What are the black, red and blue jacks?

I think one is line in, one is line out. Are line in and line out 600 ohm? And what color are those jacks?

What's the function and impedance of that third jack?

Thanks.

Steve

A:Creative AudioPCI jacks

The third jack is Microphone in. Whatever colour code (mike is usually pink) I think Creative always go - top to bottom - Line in - Mike in - Line out and Speaker out.

Sorry on impedence - beyond my knowledge.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/creative-audiopci-jacks.293105/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello to everyone I just joined here after reading many helpful comments However I did not find the one that could help me with my recent problem Today I re-installed my Windows removing my old Windows Vista and installing Windows Ultimate x The problem appeared when I tried to plug my headset headphones and microphone in my front jacks one is for the my Problem with Audio jacks headphones and the other one for the microphone I just did NOT hear anything When I plugged them on my rear jacks Problem with my Audio jacks it worked fine After that I tried the same with my speakers and I got the same result - they were working properly on my rear audio jack but no sound when Problem with my Audio jacks plugged in on my front jack Before re-installing my Windows all my jacks worked properly and that s what I need because I often switch from speakers Problem with my Audio jacks to headphones and before I had my speakers and my headphones working properly at the same time and that s what I m trying to get again I tried installing RealTek drivers codecs but that didn t help at all Then I tried to install RealTek s Audio Manager but I had troubles with that Maybe it s because I don t have the RealTek on my Audio Card at all Before I had SoundMax Integrated Digital HD Audio but I m not sure if that would work with my new Win I thought that I will be able to fix the problem with the RealTek Audio Manager but I just wasn t able to install it at all Is there any other software program that allows me to configure the jacks on my PC Is there anything I can do to have all my jacks working and using my headphones microphone and speakers at the same time like before on Win Vista Thanks in advance Daniel nbsp

A:Problem with my Audio jacks

probably need 64bit drivers for SoundMax Integrated Digital HD try the web site for your pc model

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-my-audio-jacks.1007223/
Relevancy 39.99%

hi i recently purchased a xblade case the trouble is i dont where to connect the font usb and audio jacks as i cant find a manual for my motherboard it is a epox ep-4plmi but i cant find a manual anywhere please can anyone help

Relevancy 39.99%

Hey there just bought a Logitech Z- speaker set and I m having a bit of trouble The audio jacks on my computer both front and back panel don t seem to be detected by the system meaning that my new Audio not jacks working speakers as well as my headphones microphone don t work I do get sound out through HDMI though but I d rather not leave the TV on whenever I want sound on my computer This Audio jacks not working thread Audio jacks not working recommends Audio jacks not working that I click the yellow folder in Realtek HD Audio Manager and enable the back panel from there but there wasn t the option there http social msdn microsoft com Fo t thread a f - e- d-b - d ca e d Also now that I ve updated the drivers I can t find Realtek HD Audio Manager and the sound still doesn t work Looking through the playback devices the only ones working are called LG My TV which is working as a sound system for now and two devices called Digital Audio S PDIF which don t make sound when I plug them in Any ideas what s gone wrong Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Series - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd Z XP-UD x x Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 39.99%

Hey everyone I m new to this fourm my name is Joe nice to meet everyone -blah blah blah haha I have been a reader for a little while but just made an account bc i need some help I roommate decided he wanted a new comp so i obliged to build it for him He s a big audiophile so he got some nice speakers and what i think was a Audigy ZS i can find out for sure but im not at home right now im doing this instead of paying attention in class with has a bay bay 5.25 -Help!! drive jacks Audigy jacks Everything put together fine no problems cept one The damn bay won t work no matter what i try I m pretty sure it s all hooked up fine to the sound Audigy 5.25 drive bay jacks -Help!! card and im pretty sure i got the latest drivers but i m at a loss for ideas what to do I put it off for a couple months oops and my roomie has been gettin on me to try to find a solution Anyone else with the same problem or with any helpful advice you d make me and esp my roomie very happy Thanks in advance Joe P nbsp

A:Audigy 5.25 drive bay jacks -Help!!

Welcome,
1st-verify it's installed correctly, here's the manual:

http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/download.asp

Drivers- forget Realtek, that's for on-board sound, go here:

http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/welcome.asp?action=next

make sure on-board sound is disabled-go into bios

follow directions in the manual-good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audigy-5-25-drive-bay-jacks-help.85701/
Relevancy 39.99%

Help would be greatly appreciated. My sound and microphone are working perfectly on the rear jacks of my desktop, plug into the front jacks and NOTHING.I am runing windows xp home edition with service pack 3and Realtec HD audio manager.

A:Front Mic jacks not working

Have you opened the case and checked to make sure the front panel audio cable is hooked up

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/front-mic-jacks-not-working.856445/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi, just bought a webcam & headset to use skype but cant seem to get the headset to work on the front audio in/out jacks on my computer.
Is there some setting I need to adjust? (Vista!) I didnt get any software with the headset only the webcam but that seems to work (after a fashion!) the image is very slow! Is there some adjustment for that too?
thanks

Relevancy 39.99%

I'm using a Logitech G Note I went to a friend's house and tested the mic and headset out DETAILS not Jacks *MORE Mic BELOW* working before posting and it was a-okay This problem occurred recently when I came home and Noticed my computer a bit out of place I'm not sure if it was tipped over or not I use the front Jack and it stopped working only for the mic Audio works perfectly Tried the rear jack and same issues Details Mic Jacks not working *MORE DETAILS BELOW* Windows Bit Sound Cards IDT High Definition Audio CODEC lt --- Pro lt -- Webcam the mic feature stopped working too Playback Device Speakers Headphones IDT High Definition Audio CODEC Recording Device Mic Jacks not working *MORE DETAILS BELOW* Microphone IDT High Definition Audio CODEC Motherboard Manufacturer MSI Model AE P Chipset Vendor AMD Chipset Model K IMC Chipset Revision Southbridge Vendor AMD Southbridge Model A FCH Southbridge Revision System Temperature C BIOS Brand AMI Version Date Voltage V V VSB V V CMOS BATTERY V PCI Data Slot PCI-E Slot Type PCI-E Slot Usage Available Data lanes x Slot Designation PCIE x Characteristics V Shared PME Slot Number Slot PCI-E Slot Type PCI-E Slot Usage Available Data lanes x Slot Designation PCIE x Characteristics V Shared PME Slot Number Slot PCI-E Slot Type PCI-E Slot Usage Available Data lanes x Slot Designation PCIE x Characteristics V Shared PME Slot Number Slot PCI-E Slot Type PCI-E Slot Usage Available Data lanes x Slot Designation PCIE x Characteristics V Shared PME Slot Number Slot PCI-E Slot Type PCI-E Slot Usage In Use Data lanes x Slot Designation Mini Card Characteristics V Shared PME Slot Number can anyone shed some light here The sooner the better MY Webcam Mic actually works My Webcam is connected in the front USB port I still would like to use my headset mic though Edit saw this I think it could help

A:Mic Jacks not working *MORE DETAILS BELOW*

Try setting "Stereo Mix" as the default recording device. Then whatever recording device is used will be heard. This is the usual setting for the recording device. Stereo Mix also is needed if you ever want to record streaming audio from the Internet.

To enable Stereo Mix, in the recording panel, RIGHT click in an empty area and then LEFT click to show Disabled and Disconnected devices. Stereo Mix should now be shown and you can enable/make it the default recording device.

BTW, all the motherboard info posted is not needed. Please fill in the "My System Specs" as that helps us to help you. See my listed "My System Specs" for an example.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/58881-mic-jacks-not-working-more-details-below.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I have recently restored an HP DV7 3063cl laptop that died from an overheated motherboard (MB). I replaced the MB with a new board from HP when the price was reduced to about $100, upgraded the CPU with an advertised as new AMD 640M, and applied Arctic Silver on both the CPU and Graphics chips. I put in 4 G of fresh memory, got the computer to operate, and installed Windows 10. There is no sound through either of the headphone jacks. When I insert the plug into the jack, the sound from the speakers usually stops. I have done the following several times without success: uninstalled and re-installed the sound device in Device Managerrun the windows troubleshooterverified that I have the latest driverinserted different earphone into the jacksmade the headphones the default sound device Any more suggestions, other than replacing the headphone jack assembly?

A:no sound through either of the headphone jacks

#HPExpertDayAs suggested earlier, call HP support.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/no-sound-through-either-of-the-headphone-jacks/td-p/5626157
Relevancy 39.99%

I have been playing pogo - video poker (jacks or better) for a while now and I made the mistake by clicking on less games and it removed that segment of games out of the home page. Now I can't get it back. Please help!

Please let me know how I can get video poker, jacks or better back on the home page of pogo?

Thank for any help you can give me.

CCbs04

A:Video Poker - Jacks or Better

Did you click on 'Show Fewer'? Cause I think you can just change that back by hitting 'Show All'

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-poker-jacks-or-better.271424/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have an Antec Sonata II case with ASUS P5LD2 motherboard.
I have some problem with the front audio jacks, at first there isn't any response when I plug in my mic/headphone, but then I checked an option called "Disable Front Jack Detecting", now there is input/output. But I want the detection to work like the jacks at the back, because I want my speakers to shut off when I plug in my headphone.
Is there anything I can do?

A:Front Audio Jacks

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread. Thanks for your cooperation.

Assuming that you have a standard case, you probably have not properly connected the front case jacks to the audio block on the MB. There are usually several jumpers on the audio block that are removed when you have front speakers/mike to allow the front jacks to disable the rear jacks. These must be removed and replaced with the front panel wiring.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/front-audio-jacks.436798/
Relevancy 39.99%

After I hooked up my computer to my TV I got audio jacks plugged them in and the computer sees the black jack but there still no audio, These are audio jacks right?

Relevancy 39.99%

Bought a new HP 410-010. Sound works from the monitor, but earphone jacks don't produce any sound on working earplugs. Have tried all the suggestions online but no success.

A:earphone jacks don't work

Exyachtie, welcome to the forum. I suggest that you run HP and Windows Updates to assure that your software and drivers are up to date.  When you plug your headphones into the jack, you should get a message in the bottom left of the screen telling you that "Information - You just plugged a device into the audio jack".  If you are not seeing this message it may be that the headphones are not compatible with Win 10. I am using an older pair of Sony Dynamic Stereo Headphones MDR-32 that work nicely. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/earphone-jacks-don-t-work/td-p/5559983
Relevancy 39.99%

Hey,

I recently re-installed Windows Vista on my Acer, and the entire set of jacks and USB ports on the front of the case don't work. All the USB ports etc on the back of the machine respond fine, but the headphone/mic. jack and USB ports on the front don't work at all.

I've tried re-installing the drivers from the Acer website and it still doesn't work. Help please

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-sound-jacks-not-installed.873857/
Relevancy 39.99%

Alright so Yesterday my foot accidentally Headphones Jacks?? Broken knocked the power strip out of the wall and my computer powered down Prior to that I had just been watching Netflix with my Turtle Beach x headphones When I restarted the computer they no longer worked I have tested the headphones and they work with other computers xbox and no problems they work Broken Headphones Jacks?? just fine So I got another pair of headphones and used them with my computer Still no sound I consider my self quite tech-savvy I've exhausted everything I can find on this problem and sifted through at least sites I've made sure nothing is muted I've Broken Headphones Jacks?? re-plugged the headphones in and out multiple times Neither headphone jack front or back is working I've uninstalled and re-installed Broken Headphones Jacks?? ALL sound drivers No luck I have a Hp Pavilion HPE Series computer h - and it uses quot Beats Audio quot I find this program to be really basic no options at all really I'm wondering what there is for me to do Could a unplugging cause both headphone jacks to stop working Is there a program I can install that helps fix sound issues I've used windows troubleshooting and it hasn't helped at all It says my headphones are working correctly but none of them produce any sound Any help is greatly appreciated

A:Broken Headphones Jacks??

Hello Jakejab and welcome to TSF,

Open your Playback Devices from the System Tray (right click on the speaker in the tray). It should show you connected devices.

Do your headphones appear when they are plugged in?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/broken-headphones-jacks-671244.html
Relevancy 39.99%

My iPod just quot busted quot today iPod New Contact/Jacks There seems to be a problem with the headphone jack I opened it up and all to try and fix it It worked for a while thne New iPod Contact/Jacks it stopped again Oh yes the warrenty is over I m actually one of the people who has had the same iPod for the longest of the people I know Well I was just wondering because other than this my iPod is pretty much in maybe ish So if I actually decide to retire this thing I ll use it as an external HD BUT I was wondering if you guys consider it worth to New iPod Contact/Jacks order a new headphone jack from one of these sites online I already broke open my iPod so I d probably be able to figure out how to change it myself I could also consider getting a new iPod Christmas is coming so it wouldn t be too bad of an idea And I d get a free External HD But my question is have they improved this I heard the Shuffle doesn t have this problem with the headphone jack but I think the shuffle is too small for me what about the others Classic still suffering from the same issue How about the Touch Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-ipod-contact-jacks.92947/
Relevancy 39.56%

My Computer Purchased Feb SONY VGC-RA G Processor Brand Intel Processor Class Pentium Processor Processor Number J with HT Technology Processor Speed GHz Bus Speed MHz Duel Gig HD w Raid Gig HD Total SATA rpm Op system Windows XP Media Edition Current on M S Security updates according to Microsoft I have Norton Internet Security in Set Jacks Front Sound Head No with automatic update Version And Trend No Sound in Head Set Front Jacks Micro Anti-Spyware My Problem My question is How do I download the latest greatest version of M S Master Volume and make it work on my computer M S Master Volume is corrupt and I can t find it on the M S update website to reinstall I use to be able No Sound in Head Set Front Jacks to listen to Music CD s on the front of my computer s headphone jacks now I can not I click on the Volume Control and all that shows in the window is Master Volume Wave SW Synth and CD Player This window use to show many more controls front and back speaker Sub Woofer Mic and Front Mic controls but Master volume does not show this any more I went to Control Panel gt Sound and Audio Devices to set up the front Mic and it would not read hear it I have done this many times before always with great success My question is How do I download the latest greatest version of M S Master Volume and make it work on my computer Thanks PS My Speakers work out of the rear of my computer I do have sound out of the back

A:No Sound in Head Set Front Jacks

This is wrong and needs to be reloaded

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-sound-in-head-set-front-jacks-105055.html
Relevancy 39.56%

My LAAST modem problem Alright by now you maybe are starting to think that I m fixing modems for people getting paid for it but getting help from you I m not believe me It s just that people who know me know that I m interested in computers and I know a lot more than them and so a lot of people ask for my help It s just a coincidence that all of them -- Phone and Modem4 Jacks Line have modem problems or maybe not Alright these people have an HP Pavillion don Modem4 -- Line and Phone Jacks t know processor speed it s a Celeron fairly new computer about year old Win SE I actually don t know anything else but I ll find out But look at the problem anyway please maybe you can figure something out I ll post all the information soon Their problem is that whenever they try to connect to the internet the computer says that it could not connect to the phone number But as soon as you take out the phone cord from the back of the PC and put it in the other jack doesn t matter if it s phone jack or line jack which PUZZLES me the computer connects And you must do this every time -- TRY TO CONNECT FIRST then when it can t connect put the phone cord in the other jack What puzzles me is how can it connect from the PHONE jack nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

Can the Linksys used by call vonage and att be used with software like skype or AIM? I would really like to hook up my cordless phone to this device use other software to communicate.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linksys-router-with-2-phone-jacks.18199/
Relevancy 39.56%

Why would I rather use a 16 port patch panel or a few 6 port RJ45 Ethernet jack panels or vice versa?

A:In which cases would I want a patch panel rather then jacks

Hi there. You need to do your own homework.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/in-which-cases-would-i-want-a-patch-panel-rather-then-jacks.782589/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi

After I reformat my computer which is orginally Windows XP and upgrade it into Windows 7, my microphone jack is not working. Not only that, all jacks in the front panel also not working. The only thing working is the speaker jack in the rear panel.

I believe the problem is that I haven't install the proper driver yet. But I dont know the exact audio device I'm using (I dont know how to find it). If I'm not mistaken it's manufacturer is either RealTek or SigmaTel

When I check the device manager, the sound section only shows:
-ATI High Definition Audio Device
-High Definition Audio Device

Please help me, I have googled for the solutions but none seems to work

A:Speaker and microphone jacks not working

Often the front controls could require special drivers- I would advise going to the PC manufacturers' site and checking to see what the latest drivers they have are, With the PC being XP there's a good chance they at the least updated their drivers to vista, Often vista drivers will work across systems to 7. If not, try the XP drivers for it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/speaker-and-microphone-jacks-not-working-653042.html
Relevancy 39.56%

The front audio jacks of my tower won't work. The USB ports are working fine. I opened the casing and re-checked the wiring, and everything is where it should be, but still I don't get a detection from the Realtek software. The back panel works btw.

Could anyone please help with this issue?

A:Front Audio Jacks won't work

Can anybody help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/front-audio-jacks-wont-work.756940/
Relevancy 39.56%

I finished setting up my own custom built PC 2 days before and i noticed this problem.
There is no sound output from the front audio jack. I'm using Asus motherboard. There was a similar question in their FAQ. I tried it but it didn't help.
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support-

Please help me fix this :/

My CPU configuration goes like this :
CPU : AMD FX8350
RAM: Corsair 8GB x 2 = 16GB
Video Card: AMD Radeon R9 270x 2GB
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 LE R2.0

Any kind of help is highly appreciated.

A:No output from front audio jacks :(

Did you plug the front audio connector to motherboard yet?

There should be a little plug called HD Audio or something similar, plug it on the appropriate connector on motherboard. Check manual to locate it. If it's AC97 then plug that one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/371614-no-output-front-audio-jacks.html