Windows Support Forum

No server running on remote software

Q: No server running on remote software

We have a customer that has a Speco DVR for their cameras. When they try to login with their Iphone, it says no server running. When they try to login using a PC or Mac, it says cannot display web page. If the DVR is restarted, it will allow remote viewing, but only for a limited time. All ports have been forwarded. Is there something else in the firewall settings?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-server-running-on-remote-software-669978.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: No server running on remote software

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 66.65%

Hello Let me start by saying I am a complete novice and know very little about how Windows works So server running remote me Help to connect smb I need pre-school-level advice The problem We have a file Help me connect to remote server running smb server running Mac OS X Server and SMB-sharing IS Help me connect to remote server running smb enabled All clients can access the server on the local network including the two people using PC's with Windows The Mac users can also access the fileserver from home - they select quot connect to server quot key in the IP-address and is then asked for username and password The Windows users apparently cannot Everything should be enabled but I have no idea how to do it On the local network they can open Explorer and type IP-adresss filsersver and then username and password - they can even make a shortcut on the desktop But of course the IP-address on the local network is different from the IP-address they need to use if they are working from home And it does not work from home I am pretty sure the Explorer way is not the correct way to go and I have found ot there is something called network mapping I just don't have any idea what to click and where to type the IP-address and servername So if anybody know I will be SO happy Please also ask what you need to know in order to be able to answer help Kind regards Peter

A:Help me connect to remote server running smb

Hello Shadowjk

You write: "... if you could run Windows SMS file sharing ..."

That is what we do. SMB file sharing IS enabled on the server. My original post was this: Help me connect to remote server running smb and that is whatr I hope to find a way to solve.

It was just that when I saw this FTP topic I thought pewrhaps that was a way to do it. Apparently not.

So I'm still stuck ... i don't know ho to access the remote server from a computer running Win 7 Professional. I know nothing about how to map a share.

The short story is: I know the IP-address and I have the username and password - how do I connect to retrieve data and store files?

:-)

Peter

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/343674-help-me-connect-remote-server-running-smb.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello,

I just built my first program in C#, which I'm excited about. I want to offer it for a download on my site. When I click the link to MyApp.exe in Firefox, it downloads just fine, but when I click the link in Internet Explorer, it doesn't open the download dialog box. Rather, it seems to actually run the program on the remote server. Besides moving the program to a zip file, what can I do to make sure that Internet Explorer users can't run the program on the remote server, but can only download it?

Thank you,
TomJ

A:Remote server is running my .exe rather than allowing it to be downloaded!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remote-server-is-running-my-exe-rather-than-allowing-it-to-be-downloaded.363733/
Relevancy 65.79%

Does anyone know if it is possible to run VNC and Remote Desktop simultaneously on a virtual Windows XP box?

I know you can easily run both on Windows Server, but can this be achieved on Windows XP thats running on the Virtual Server?

Regards

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/running-vnc-server-and-remote-destop-xp-simultaneously.778751/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi ladies and gentleman!

I am searching for reliable, secure, and fast Remote Support Package and/or Remote Administration Software on the enterprise level.

I know about RealVNC, TightVNC, Windows Built-in Remote Support, but Iím looking for something ďmoreĒ reliable, with less user interaction & knowledge required.

Anyone on here know of any out on the market? Iíd appreciate any links or information that you could provide.

It would be great if someone has actually tested or used some of the software & could recommend it, but even if you havenít used them any type of reference would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & have a wonderful day!

Shane

PS: I did a search, but I kept ending up in the malware & virus removal section.

Relevancy 56.33%

Wondering if someone can help me out with this nbsp I have my Windows Enterprise SP box on a domain nbsp Our corporate office setup a R SP print server and created a few queues on it nbsp When I try to go to start and then type in the servername I get servername is not accessible You might not have permission to use this network resource Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions The remote procedure call failed nbsp When I try to access the same server from Procedure Failed Not Server Remote Call - Accessible Remote an XP SP machine it opens up fine using my same credentials I have also tried this from another user's machine who has Enterprise x whose machine was built differently than mine and I can get to it fine from that system too nbsp Any ideas what I am missing here We run McAfee here and I've tried stopping all the services and played around with a bunch of other things too so far to no avail nbsp Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Remote Server Not Accessible - Remote Procedure Call Failed

I can't think of any off hand that would restrict just one resource - that's not to say there aren't though.  Here's what you can do to check the Services:
Note that you must be logged in as a Domain Admin or have Local Admin privileges on the machines.
Start up two instances of services.msc.
On one of them connect to one of the Windows 7 machines that is working properly.  The other leave connected locally.  
Now go down the list and make sure the services on your machine match the services on the working machine.  If they don't, change them so that they do.  Pay particular attention to the Server and Workstation services.  Also the Remote Procedure
Call and RPC Endpoint Mapper services.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/affc927e-2dcf-49f5-be16-ade7f1a6a186/remote-server-not-accessible-remote-procedure-call-failed?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 54.61%

Is there any remote support software that can power on a remote workstation that is powered off?

A:Can Any Remote Support Software Power On A Remote Workstation

AS far as I know there is no software to power up a remote workstation that is not on. I could be wrong though it has been known to happen ... once .... I think or was I mistaken?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/93248/can-any-remote-support-software-power-on-a-remote-workstation/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi:

I have a laptop. I want to be able to remote back into my server at the office. Waht do I do?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/101194/remote-to-server/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi, 3 rundll32.exe's are running in the task manager and Windows action center reported no security software (no firewall, antispyware, antivirus) was running but after about 3 restarts the message went away and now it says everything is fine. I use McAfee.

But the 3 rundll32.exe are still running (I use win7 64 bit) and it won't let me view it's properties whenever I right click it in the task manager. And I scanned with kaspersky rescue disk and it found nothing.

A:3 rundll32.exe's running and Windows action center reported no security software is running

Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.====================================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt=============================================================================Download aswMBR to your desktop.Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it.If you see this question: Would you like to download latest Avast! virus definitions?" say "Yes".Click the "Scan" button to start scan.On completion of the scan click "Save log", save it to your desktop and post in your next reply.NOTE. aswMBR will create MBR.dat file on your desktop. This is a copy of your MBR. Do NOT delete it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/455048/3-rundll32exes-running-and-windows-action-center-reported-no-security-software-is-running/
Relevancy 47.3%

i have seen it before,

but how do you connect a windows xp computer to server 2003 using remote desktop?
is there a client you need to install or is it just a new connection...

also...i have an IP address of a server at a company...can i just connect to that
via a remote desktop from my computer?

interesting stuff...!

A:remote desktop to a server...

PK-her0 said:

i have seen it before,

but how do you connect a windows xp computer to server 2003 using remote desktop?
is there a client you need to install or is it just a new connection...Click to expand...

Same as you'd do a remote desktop connection from an XP machine to an XP mmachine

PK-her0 said:

also...i have an IP address of a server at a company...can i just connect to that
via a remote desktop from my computer?
interesting stuff...!

well, you cannot connect to the server in your company using remote desktop unless your machine and the server share the same IP bundle / are in the same domain.
An alternative is that you can use VPN to create a secure connection into your company's network and that should allow you to do a terminal session on the server.
However you will have to talk to your IT team if you want this done.

~a

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remote-desktop-to-a-server.659192/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all I would like to connect Connecting server remote to to my work server from home Connecting to remote server I will give some detail and hope some one can point me in the right direction Ok work server is as follows - Windows Server set up as a domain running exchange ADSL broadband connection Home - PC network with a standard HUB Win XP one Windows Me and the rest Linux all internet sharing through the XP machine which is directly connected to the cable internet Equipment at my disposal- Dlink Broadband router ports and one WAN port So how do I do this I want all seven PC s at home to access the internet but the broad band router has ports Can I uplink connect my home Hub to the router and does the Router connect directly to my cable modem How do I find the work server and do I need something like tight VCN to acces it Thanks in advance for your help Michiba nbsp

A:Connecting to remote server

Connect the hub to one of the lan ports on the router.
Remove any of the ICS stuff your currently doing this is no longer needed.
Connect all 7 clients to the remaining lan ports on either the hub or the router depending on proximity the only difference between the 2 links is you have an added point of failure.

Hook up the Cable internet modem to the router as you would any standard home network hookup.

With regards to remote access if you want ALL of your clients at your home to access the server I would definitely suggest a VNC solution you can use RD for a Windows to Windows connection.

On the home side you don't have to do anything but install the client to connect into the VNC but on the work side you have to setup the VNC server and have it listening on whatever port you want it setup on. THen you have to allow all firewalls (both router and software to let throse ports onto thats server (though the router you use port forwarding).

Then to connect in from your home you have to use your works WAN IP in the home VNC clients.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-to-remote-server.504695/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,

Any help would be much appreciated.

Today I installed Unified Remote Server on my Laptop. But I want to remove it since I'm not happy with it. I cannot find a how to uninstall it. The program isn't listed in the control panel and I tried almost every like cleaning the temporary folder but the program resides there. The program that I stalled was the portable version.

Thanks

A:Unified Remote Server

If you "installed" the portable version, there is no installation. It runs directly from the folder you extracted or "installed" the files to, just delete the folder.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/513416/unified-remote-server/
Relevancy 47.3%

When I open I2P it opens Opera and goes to a page saying Can not connect to remote server. I have Nod32 and Comodo Firewall. I disabled them both but still same thing. I also use DD-WRT.

I recently switched from firefox and chrome to opera because both chrome and firefox crash every two seconds on me now for some reason.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/i2p-cant-connect-to-remote-server-549939.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I run a small business and we receive thousands of important email a month. Was looking for a good remote storage server to back these up. Do not want to risk using an external hard drive anymore.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remote-storage-server.446784/
Relevancy 47.3%

in order to install this modem that im trying to hookup...i need to close down the remote access server...but i don't know how to do it!!! please help!

A:remote access server

Go into control panel > services and look for the remote access server service and stop it. You can do it from a command prompt as well by opening a DOS window and typing

NET STOP "REMOTE ACCESS SERVER" /Y

Use the NET START "REMOTE ACCESS SERVER" /Y to start it again

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remote-access-server.95467/
Relevancy 47.3%

How do I let more than 2 people connect to my Windows 2003 Server? Do I have to buy a license or is there some kind of configuration I can do that will let me allow more users to log on?

A:Remote Server Licenses

There is a limit of two users for Terminal Services in admin mode on 2003 server, it would be unadvisable to give people admin access to your server unless of course they are admins.

What you are likely looking for is Terminal Services licensing, you can connect an unlimited numbeer of people provided you have the horsepower and licensing.

Here is a link to the MS page on TS, http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/howtobuy/licensing/tscaltransfaq.mspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remote-server-licenses.302062/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have an HP Pavillion with Win i ghz I am having an issue with Plex Media server and getting remote connection My private connection is fine it s with the public connection I am having issues with I ve tried everything in the Plex forum to fix the problem of accessing my media offsite but nothing has seemed to work I keep remote server issues and getting the same message quot Not available outside your network quot It was working before but for some reason it has stopped I didn t change anything in the configurations I have port forwarded in my wireless router I have a Verizon modem attached to my Netgear wireless router I have good signal from the wireless I believe I forwarded the port correctly Ipconfig shows my computer server and remote issues IP is Subnet Default My Public IP shows as I m not very well versed in the range addresses and how they work with the addresses The verizon modem is This is what shows in the server screen in Plex Private Public Internet quot Internet quot has a RED X next to it I have Upnp checked in my router also I am also not sure how to check for double NAT Hopefully someone with a little more knowledge than I can help me nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-and-remote-issues.1167997/
Relevancy 47.3%

Here is as much background as I can give for the hardware involved We are a small business and recently purchased a business server running Windows Server from the home office The home office is fine as everything is hardwired on an intranet We are trying to set up our two other locations to this home server All machines are running Windows x OS trying to connect to the Server I ve tried to setup a VPN connection but keep getting error vpn tunneling failed to help remote Connecting a server..need The home server is connected to the internet through a router As I said we Connecting to a remote server..need help are a small company and would like to be able to do this ourselves rather than pay to have it all set up and everything Connecting to a remote server..need help I ve come across on the web says this should be a relatively easy setup Connecting to a remote server..need help What I ve done so far is enabled the remote connectivity roles from the Server Manager on the Server and set the Server up to accept incoming connections We are able to connect to the server via RDC but not via VPN Is VPN our only alternative here I ve looked into putting Win Ultimate on all machines to use Direct Access is that worth it Any and all advice help would be appreciated here and thank you in advance nbsp

A:Connecting to a remote server..need help

I would use VPN endpoint routers/firewalls for any VPN connectivity. Having a server you are using for other tasks as a VPN server is not a good security practice as you must expose the server to the internet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-to-a-remote-server-need-help.995848/
Relevancy 47.3%

Has anyone found VNC or other remote control s/w with Win 8 server which works ? Remote desktop blanks the screen -I only need Win platform-
thx!
Kevin

A:VNC or other remote control s/w with Win 8 server ?

There is no Windows 8 Server, unless you are talking about Windows Server 2012 which I haven't had an issue with using Remote Desktop yet. What do you mean by it blanks the screen?

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/10237-vnc-other-remote-control-s-w-win-8-server.html
Relevancy 47.3%

So I've been (succesfully) going to this site www.cyworld.com in the past until two-three days ago. I use Opera but it didn't work with FireFox either, and I doubt it'd work with Internet Explorer. =3= I googled "proxy" and clicked some random stuff and somehow it works when using a proxy? (albeit it loads very slowly and it doesn't show everything, I couldn't really click on stuff either).

I did a ping test, by the way. So I don't think there's anything actually wrong with my connection. I asked other people if they could access the site and they could. :/

EDIT: Nevermind, it's fixed. I didn't even do anything, suddenly I could go back on it. Sorry for the people with a similar problem. :[

EDIT 2: Nevermind, it's broken again. I don't get it. =__=

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/could-not-locate-remote-server.938446/
Relevancy 47.3%

First of all to not deter you from reading on this is not solely a WoW or gaming query This problem is likely not experienced by anyone else but here goes World of Warcraft has just released a major patch and it is ready for download It should download automatically server connect Cannot to remote but for some reason it doesn't I've been on the forums and it said to Cannot connect to remote server delete the Cannot connect to remote server launcher and repair I repaired and got the error 'Cannot connect to remote server' Also on the launcher it says and has said for the past month that it cannot connect to the news server This leads me to believe for some reason I can't connect to WoW or whatever even though I can play it fine and use the net for other things This is also happening with EvE online I can't connect to the patch or news servers Again I tried loading Black Prophecy having just got my beta invitation and when starting up the launcher it cannot connect to the news server and when I try to patch it says cannot connect to the remote server Now this makes me think it is something wrong with my computer and I don't have the foggiest idea where to start I can use the web for everything I normally do and I can still play games like WoW without issue of course only until the patch goes live and I can't update my client I admit my description is hazy but I will try answer any queries you have with the best of my knowledge Thanks this is driving me crazy

A:Cannot connect to remote server

I'm just guessing here, but please provide the reports from this post even though you're not having BSOD's: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-connect-to-remote-server-516933.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi, I am looking to be able to print from any internet location to my printer at home. I have a print server at home although not wired in yet. I do not want to have a computer always hooked up at home I would like the system to be self sufficient if you see what I mean.

Only problem I can see arising is I have a dynamic IP...is it possible or am I going to have to pay for a static IP

Cheers

Jamie

A:Remote print server

Not my field of expertise but if I understand the question, using the print server plugged into the router, if it is a wireless router, you can print from it anywhere in the house. You can create a static IP address for the print server as well in Windows which would make finding it a lot easier.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/remote-print-server-548865.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Been getting the could not locate remote server error on opera. Just started getting it a few hours ago and hasn't gone away. Also notice a slower speed while browsing through the internet

A:could not locate remote server

Run this PingTest and post the results here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/could-not-locate-remote-server.930299/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi

I am trying to upload website files to a remote server, via dreamweaver but i get this error message come up:-

an FTP error occured - cannot make connection to host

any ideas what the problem may be

thanks

dave

A:Uploading to remote server

Try FTPing to the server with a different FTP application, perhaps their errors will be more clear.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/uploading-to-remote-server.169462/
Relevancy 47.3%

I run a small business and we receive thousands of important email a month. Was looking for a good remote storage server to back these up. Do not want to risk using an external hard drive anymore.

A:Remote Storage Server

A storage server would essentially be the same thing as an external drive. Why not use external storage and add a backup solution like tape. If the emails are important you need media you can take off site on a regular basis.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remote-storage-server.446787/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi I'm trying to connect to a remote server which offers a backup service using dedicated software and by using FTP I need to connect computers to that service Both machines were connected to the same LAN Both machines are Windows bits based Both machines has Eset NOD Antivirus software First machine connects to the server flawlessly The second Can't FTP connect remote a to server machine can't connect to the server On the error log file of the Can't connect to a remote FTP server software I found the following x C A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond I eliminated router configuration problem since the first machine connects I was trying to disable both Windows Firewall and the NOD Antivirus but still no connection I was contacting the software tech support but after connecting to my computer they can't tell why the connection always fails Does anyone has any idea where to look What else can cause the connection issue Many thanks for your ideas Amir

A:Can't connect to a remote FTP server

Are you using a Web Browser to FTP, or using third party software to connect to the FTP server? Try WinSCP. WinSCP :: Free SFTP and FTP client for Windows

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/63700-cant-connect-remote-ftp-server.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey, I'm having some trouble with Remote Desktop.

Our server is using windows server 07 R2, remote is enabled, server is on a domain.

I am able to ping, and also view the server's shares (\\servername). but remote desktop isnt working.

Up untill a week ago remote was working, but mysteriously is not working anymore. I tried changing port numbers and also remote using ip and computer name. Tried remote using xp, and 7 and all are comming up cannot reach the server.

Ive also tried, disabling the remote and re-enabling, reinstalling the video driver, asigning a new ip address.

If anyone could lend a hand that would be great, Thanks
Chris

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remote-desktop-server-07.958695/
Relevancy 47.3%

Windows 2000 XP
When I log into Lotus Notes I get this message: " The remote server is not a known TCP/IP Host"
Can anyone explain what this means and how to solve this problem??? Please?? Thanks!

A:Remote Server Is Not A Known Tcp/ip Host...

Hi z4955,I found two links via a google search that may help you.Domino Error MessageNSF ToolsGood luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/50980/remote-server-is-not-a-known-tcpip-host/
Relevancy 46.87%

Operating system Windows XP Home Thurs nite something happened to my computer where files in WINDOWS SYSTEM CONFIG Access help!! Server error...pls Remote SYSTEM were corrupt or missing This has happened before so I threw in my Windows disk and Remote Access Server error...pls help!! quot repaired quot it I immediately ran the Norton Antivirus which had updated that morning HijackThis nothing unusual Adaware and Spybot Remote Access Server error...pls help!! I have not had a problem doing this before However this time I cannot get online The two error messages I ve received are Remote Access Server Error A device attached to the system is not functioning OR Remote Access Server Error The request is not supported I uninstalled Compuserve then reinstalled but still get the same error messages Also about hrs after the computer bombed Nortons found a quot virus quot Virus name Suspicious Script Feature Script Blocking Action Taken Blocked Suspicious action File System Object GetSpecialFolder I called my internet server Compuserve who told me that I needed to uninstall then reinstall DUN Please help I m at a friend s house as I can t get online so my responses might take time Thanks Wendy nbsp

A:Remote Access Server error...pls help!!

If I have to reformat the hard drive, and start from scratch, that would be ok, too. I have the Windows XP Home Edition CD. Just need the best way to do that to restore to the original settings. Computer is only 2 months old, and I do not have anything "vital" that I can't replace.....
Please help!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remote-access-server-error-pls-help.219313/
Relevancy 46.87%

H i SF,
Im using windows 2003 server using vmware in windows 7 with server .vmdk file remotely.I can connect it remotely without an internet connection.How s it possible?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/399465-does-remote-server-consumes-bandwidth.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello I ve just started with a small company who already have AD and a file server exchange etc They currently use webdav or RDS to remotely access files on the server and everyone complains about having to imput their username and password to open a file and how slow it Files Remote on AD to Server Access is I m trying to find the best solution to give them access to the files without using the cloud The main office where I am has AD Remote offices have no infrastructure but using laptops Remote Access to Files on AD Server provided by us with domain cached credentials Then there are people in another country who work from home I thought VPN either client based for everyone or static between the offices with each office having a DC and syncing files a few times a Remote Access to Files on AD Server day I m just not sure that is the right choice for such a small company Circa people in main office in the other two offices Also good to mention the two other offices do not have a reliable fast internet connection Please what solutions do I have without using the Cloud nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remote-access-to-files-on-ad-server.1170361/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi to all,
I am working on A Big Envoirement and i am using Windows server 2003 for server and for Client i am using windwos Xp On server i have Static Ip adress and I Access server throught Lan VPN in this Enviorment but when i came home sometime server creating problem so I want to Access my server at home through VPN no other way required just like teamviewer due to security reason i want access through VPN only but Problem is i have Dynamic IP adress on home Machine and in office server i have Static IP.
some peoples say that both computer should have Static IP but i have dnamic IP on home PC can it is possible dynamic IP will connect Static IP

thanks

A:Remote Desktop on server 2003

You could try setting up a DHCP reservation for your home machine's IP in your routers network settings page. That way it will get the same IP assigned like it was static but the rest of your home network can still use DHCP.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/129675-remote-desktop-server-2003-a.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi! please help.

I can't connect to my server remotely from another site... Both sites A and B has internet connection. Site B is where my server is and Site A is where Im accessing it.

problem is I can have ping replies to any computer from Site B to Site A.. but I cant do the same in reverse (request timed out)...

I already checked firewall settings on both sides but there seems to be no problem at all.. This just happen all of the sudden. worst is both sites have internet connections.

have you experienced the same problem before?

need help please..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-access-remote-server.999579/
Relevancy 46.87%

I had the Developer Preview setup as an RDP server. I can't find the same setting in the Consumer Preview.

Does anyone know where it is or if it is still there?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

A:Windows 8 as Remote Desktop Server?

What exactly do you mean by a RDP server?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/4773-windows-8-remote-desktop-server.html
Relevancy 46.87%

im having a issue with a remote tool im using im wondering if any thats used them more - Remote Server Program Issue then i have can lend some help here i have used remote Remote Server Program - Issue thing Remote Server Program - Issue remote access tool for about a year now with no problems i love it but ive only used it in home network using local ip as the target ip now i told a friend about this and we he wanted to give it a try so we tried to set up remote accessing each other and i think were doing something wrong obviously we wont use local ip for this i guess so should we be using static ip address and is there anything that can cause issues with this i guess firewalls but other then that also maby some could suggest a remote tool they have used for outside home networks i had heard or mentioned in the past but i forget there names anyways if any can lend any advice it would be greatly appreciated thanks all nbsp

A:Remote Server Program - Issue

no love from the remote users ? i tried emailing the staff of remote thing but i think they stoped checking there emails and stoped making new versions as well... if any1 can give some advice i would appreciate it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remote-server-program-issue.607182/
Relevancy 46.87%

I manage AD and 30+ servers at a community college. I just got a new computer for my office and loaded Windows 7. I also loaded the Remote Server Admin Tools so that I may manage my servers. The old Windows XP Admin Tools had a tool called IP Address Management. This tool combined DNS, DHCP, and WINS management all in the same window and the DHCP would keep the server setups on exit. I can't find this tool in the RS Admin Tools for Windows 7. Does anyone know where I can get a tool like this for Windows 7?

Thanks,
Judy

A:Remote Server Admin Tools and IP mgt

I've heard good things about RackTables... I think it's the sort of thing you're looking for...

RackTables

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/79342-remote-server-admin-tools-ip-mgt.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I Pro Alternate Remote XP in DNS desktop server ? ? want to log onto a friends computer with the remote desktop in XP Pro I have had a practice on Remote desktop in XP Pro ? Alternate DNS server ? my own local network to see if all went ok and it did I logged on with IP address user name and password How can i get my friend to give me his ip as i a bit confused at this point Do i use something like this http www ipaddresslocation Remote desktop in XP Pro ? Alternate DNS server ? org which will read his IP then he gives it to me Just not sure as doest his ISP change his IP now and again I know his PC connects by a router Scroll down half way on that page and it says My IP Address XX XX XX XXX Also when setting up a static IP you need preferred DNS server and Alternate DNS server The preferred DNS server i can Remote desktop in XP Pro ? Alternate DNS server ? get but where do you get the Alternate DNS server is it something to do with your router Thanks for you time DOJ nbsp

A:Remote desktop in XP Pro ? Alternate DNS server ?

Well, you can either have your friend set up Dynamic DNS (each word is a link to a different provider)

Or, like you said, have your friend read you his IP. (I prefer www.whatismyip.org)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remote-desktop-in-xp-pro-alternate-dns-server.761434/
Relevancy 46.87%

Dear all Not sure if Networking is the right category for this Remote becomes Windows server unreachable but here goes We have several Windows Server boxes in a remote hosting centre that we connect to via Remote Desktop Connection from our offices At the end of each working day it s usual practice simply to close the RDC window and in the morning we can reconnect to the same session and quickly resume working But on a regular basis one of the boxes let s call it W becomes unreachable by morning as in it s Remote Windows server becomes unreachable unpingable and to Remote Windows server becomes unreachable all intents and purposes no longer on the internet To resolve this we can use Terminal Services Manager on one of the other remote boxes let s call it W to connect to Remote Windows server becomes unreachable the problem box and reset the session But we can only do this from W - none of the other remote machines can see W at this point in time When the session has been reset W once again becomes reachable remotely The Event Log shows up various suggestions but none of them are conclusive About a week ago I had this with a Source of quot TermDD quot which I thought looked promising Event ID Error The RDP protocol component X detected an error in the protocol stream and has disconnected the client But I ve not had it since and the strage behaviour has continued I ve also had messages with a Source of quot W Time quot that go like this and suggest the moment at which the disconnect occurs The time provider NtpClient is currently receiving valid time data from time windows com ntp m x - gt Time Provider NtpClient No valid response has been received from manually configured peer time windows com x after attempts to contact it This peer will be discarded as a time source and NtpClient will attempt to discover a new peer with this DNS name The time provider NtpClient is configured to acquire time from one or more time sources however none of the sources are currently accessible No attempt to contact a source will be made for minutes NtpClient has no source of accurate time Most recently with a Source of quot Service Control Manager quot I had The WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service has been idle for minutes it will be shut down The WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service suspended operation It s quite possible that these are all acceptable behaviour but I m not sure what to look at next W is the only one of the set of remote boxes that is accessible from anywhere all the others are locked to the company s IP address range Perhaps this has something to do with it I d appreciate any ideas on how to resolve this Many thanks Stuart nbsp

A:Remote Windows server becomes unreachable

Is bumping frowned upon around here? Apologies if so...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remote-windows-server-becomes-unreachable.924106/
Relevancy 46.87%

I work from home using remote desktop to log in to my terminal server at the office. at home i have a local printer. Hp Laserjet 3055 all in one connected with USB cable. This works fine locally. I have added the printer to the terminal server. I rebooted my local computer then logged on to the terminal server using remote desktop and cannot print to my local printer. There is another remote user who prints fine. I checked that my local resources for printer is checked off.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remote-printing-on-terminal-server.477070/
Relevancy 46.87%

I need some advice from you experts I have a windows server machine set up to manage a system called CARES The server is running through a Nortel switch then out to two terminals in my shop that we use to manage the server Yesterday connection just dropped We weren t able to get pings out to the server After some basic troubleshooting we found out that Windows firewall had re-enabled itself on the two terminals and with its image it won t allow pings to go out So after turning off the firewall we were able to get pings to go to the server However the pings are acting very oddly We ll get some back then a few quot request timed out s quot then a few back rinse and repeat We can t figure out why This is happening for all the machines connected to the server We had a red light on the extra NIC that s installed on the server so we switched our cable to the integrated NIC and are now getting green light but still dropping pings Any ideas nbsp

A:Server talking to remote computers

Also, we tested the cable running to the switch, and it came back fine. So i don't believe its a physical issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-talking-to-remote-computers.953644/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,
I have Windows XP home...at home, and I would like the capabilites of Remote Desktop Server so I can log into it from afar. Is this possible? Any recomendations? I don't want...or have for that matter...the money for XP Pro, plus I only want this one feature. Can that functionality be purchased or turned on? If not, any open source software that will do the same?

Thanks in advance

A:Remote Desktop Server+XP Home

This is your lucky day.

http://www.realvnc.com/cgi-bin/download.cgi

It is free, and most likely serve your goals.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remote-desktop-server-xp-home.441211/
Relevancy 46.87%

server 2008 remote desktop connection,

i have a fresh installation of server 2008 at home, and i would like to remotly log into it from my workplace computer, that is about 20 kms away. the client computer is running windows xp and other one windows 7. my workplace computer and home computer are currently connected to the internet using a adsl connection. how do i remotely connect to the server?

A:Server 2008 remote desktop

If you must do a naked RDC connection, then you'll need to set up a port forward rule on your home's firewall to allow inbound connections on TCP port 3389 to the private IP address of your Server 2008. This is assuming your place of work does not have firewall restrictions preventing RDP connections outbound from their network.

A much more secure way to do this is to set up a VPN tunnel and then run a RDP connection to the server. Or at a minimum if your work place has a static IP address is to set up a firewall rule on your home's firewall to only allow RDP connections from the IP address of your work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-2008-remote-desktop.1097358/
Relevancy 46.87%

The "Home Premium" version of Windows that comes with most retail computers includes a one-sided (and intentionally crippled) Remote Desktop subsystem that allows my computer to connect to other computers, but doesn't allow other users on my network to remotely control my computer from their desktops. Is there any free software that can take the place of the missing RDP server component? (I'm not ashamed to admit, I'm a cheap S.O.B. who doesn't want to pay to upgrade Windows on all the machines on my home network, especially when this is the only component from the pricier versions that I want or need.)

A:Looking for an alternate Remote Desktop server

Welcome to the Seven forums.

I don't know of any such beast. I tend to use other tools anyway... like TeamViewer or a combo of Hamachi and uVNC.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/226134-looking-alternate-remote-desktop-server.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hey guys.

I have a file server (Windows XP Pro) that Iíve moved to my home. It is hooked up to a 2Wire Broadband Router (it has 5 RJ-45 ports) along with my other work PC (Also XP). I have successfully connected both machines to the internet, and have set-up file sharing. However, very soon other employees out of state will need access to the file server. I was thinking to have them use their Windows XP Remote Desktop to connect, but not quite sure how to set this up, as the file server has the private IP 192.168.1.30. How do I get other people to remotely access my server from their PC's? Also, do I have to set the file server as the DMZ on my 2Wire for this to work properly? Thanks for the help!

A:Remote Desktop on Server Question

Assign a static IP to the "file server" (using the router's "reserve an address" feature if it has it).

Forward the Remote Desktop port(s) to that static IP.

Unless you have a static public IP sign up for a service such as DynDNS, so that the others can access you by name.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remote-desktop-on-server-question.719159/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi everyone

I recently bought a new PC and have got a problem with logon to my IP camera via IE interface.
With my old PC I still can login to IP camera without problems.

My old PC:
OS = WinXPpro SP3
IE8

My new PC:
OS = Win7 pro (32) SP1
IE9

When I try to login with my new PC, I fill user name and password in identification popup window, but IP camera does not accept them.
I disabled protected mode in IE9
ActiveX filtering is switched off
In both old and new PC security is SSL3.0 / TLS1.0

Could you pls. help me ?
Thank you very much in advance !

A:Remote server does not accept login in IE9

Hello

What error mesage to you get?

Do you have these problems in any other browsers? Please try one of the below (both are free):

Firefox
Opera

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/remote-server-does-not-accept-login-in-ie9-618883.html
Relevancy 46.87%

BACKGROUND INFORMATION Win XP OE6 Cannot with from server retrieve remote emails Pro SP build Win Outlook Express ver A clean install was carried out on my computer recently because it had become unstable The technicians who performed the work Cannot retrieve emails from remote server with OE6 assured me that the computer is now stable It seems to be operating OK is all other respects I have one email a c with my ISP Telstra Bigpond which is functioning OK I have a website hosted elsewhere on which I have set up an email address I have configured a second a c in OE to retrieve emails from this server Following are the OE questions arising from the a c set-up and my answers to them Display name Admin Email adderess admin mywebname com Incoming mail server mail bigpond com Outgoing mail server mail bigpond com Configured NOT to use Secure Password Authority at log-on Account name admin mywebname com Password Supplied by website host triple-checked for accuracy FAULT The response to attempts to retrieve mail are met with a dialogue box which instructs quot Please enter your username and password for the following server Logon Server mail bigpond com Username filled in by program admin mywebname com Password filled in by program quot Attemts to retype password result in continuous interation Similtaneously in the system tray an error warning presents which when accessed reads Some errors occurred whilst processing the requested tasks Please review the list of errors below for more details Errors There was a problem logging on to your mail server Your password was rejected Account 'mail bigpond com ' Server 'mail bigpond com' Protocol POP Server Response '-ERR invalid username or password' Port secure SSL No Server Error X CCC Error Number X CCC This last definition Error Number is not constant in at least the last two numerals QUERY Can anyone help me to retrieve my emails I'd be so very grateful for they are of the utmost importance to me Thanks Alex

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-retrieve-emails-from-remote-server-with-oe6-242924.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi There, I am a little computer savvy but not much so i need some advice. I am trying to access a remote server and the work IT guy said i would not be able to because i have Vista and the server is run on XP....? Is this correct? I dont really want to get rid of vista but i need to access the server from home.

Please help

A:Accessing a remote server Vista to XP??

You need to tell us more about the server, and how you're trying to connect. Are you using a VPN?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accessing-a-remote-server-vista-to-xp.559409/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello,

I am one of three webmasters, who have a site called [deleted by mod], which is a site and forum for Football(Soccer) Manager games. On Sunday, the site went down. We checked the licensing of the board(IPB), which was fine, we also checked our server hosts(WebFusion), and they say everything is fine at their end, and finally, we checked our domain name[deleted by mod], which is also OK.

Here is the domain registration details- [deleted by mod]

The admin that pays for the hosting and the like has paid up to date, in fact all registrations etc have been paid in the past month as per usual. The real problem is, our site is still offline, and we are losing regular visiting members and posters to the forums.

What can we do to get back up and running?

A:Solved: Could not locate remote server

Good news; your site is working now. I deleted the links now that they are not needed. Wouldn't want people to think that you are just spamming us.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-could-not-locate-remote-server.1042965/
Relevancy 46.87%

I'd like to install Server Install Beta 3 to a dvd-less computer(from one computer to the other computer on my local network). Can this be done during installation,that is have the install pointed to the box on the local network? Would I be given this option?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/server-2008-remote-install-178667.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Error! Could not locate remote server
this problem appear since a few days ago. when i try to access a normal site, it appears the *[Error! Could not locate remote server]* page and i have to refresh but doesnt work sometimes then i have to use IE and it works sometimes but sometimes doesnt work and i have to refresh again. I usually use opera. i think its my router but b4 i didnt get that problem. and also, a movie in my computer that i played, i see connecting to codec server, then error downloading codec. i think its also the same problem.

A:Error! Could not locate remote server

Hi Shakya!

The problem here could be with your DNS settings. It is the DNS server which is usually responsible for translating a domain name to the domain server and redirecting a website request. Something like www.google.com > 208.67.219.230

What you can do is that ping your DNS server and see if the response time is slow. IMO anything less then 400ms is good.

If the DNS seems slow then you can use a public DNS such as open DNS. Just change your DNS seetings to manual (in you rrouter if you are using one, else in your modem/computer as applicable) and change the values to

Primary DNS - 208.67.222.222
Secondary DNS - 208.67.222.220

This is in case you wish to use Open DNS. To know more about this service you can check out their website @ www.opendns.com; There are plenty of other free public dns servers so you can google them and ping them to see which one gives you a better response time.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

P.S- Just to make sure, to ping you dns, check your network connection properties and note down the values in front of DNS servers; Next open a command prompt (Start > Run > cmd > OK/enter) qnd type 'ping <DNS SERVER VALUES>' without the quotes qnd press enter: This will show you the response time of your DNS server.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-could-not-locate-remote-server.536411/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi. I saw on a website the other day that it is possible to group all your PCs together onto one database and back it all up, access it remotely etc. using Windows Remote Home Server.

The comps involved would be an XP pro, Vista Ultimate and a Vista home premium (which could, i suppose, be upgraded to ultimate)

Does anybody know how this would work as it would be very helpful... They all take their internet from 1 router if it helps.

thanks in advance

hammydbest

Relevancy 46.87%

I am wondering if it would be practical to use RDP Remote Desktop Protocol on an Win Server server to connect to another pc over the internet for the sole purpose of sending backups I heard it is possible to make a client pc s harddrive mapped as a network drive and you can use that drive as if it were a regular network drive helping me Server? Secure Desktop is for How a Remote to do backups offsite How secure is it Can i make it more secure What do i need to make it secure and how I can setup RDP but before I do I wanted to research more into this topic concerning the security of it I read somewhere that I would need to use PKI to send authentication certificates to prevent MITM Man in the Middle Attacks Is this necessary How can I set this up if needed The server will be pretty much be using RDP after hours Can i program RDP to be enabled at certain time frames Will having RDP enabled overnight compromise the security I would guess so Any suggestions or How Secure is Remote Desktop for a Server? comments would be much appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:How Secure is Remote Desktop for a Server?

I heard it is possible to make a client pc's harddrive mapped as a network drive and you can use that drive as if it were a regular network drive, helping me to do backups offsite.Click to expand...

If all systems are on your LAN, then a mapped drive is THE proper approach. Security is a non-issue and there is minimal data movement
to the backup system and/or attached HD.

I am wondering if it would be practical to use RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol?) on an Win Server 2003 server to connect to another pc over the internet for the sole purpose of sending backups.Click to expand...

yes this can be done, but usually RDP is for managing the remote system, not data backups.

How secure is it? Can i make it more secure? What do i need to make it secure and how?
I can setup RDP but before I do, I wanted to research more into this topic concerning the security of it. I read somewhere that I would need to use PKI to send authentication certificates to prevent MITM (Man in the Middle) Attacks. Is this necessary? How can I set this up if needed?Click to expand...

research; never get enough of it!

Most products encrypt the data stream so that no one can tell what is happening.
However, some only encrypt the data, not the login and therefore expose the system to keylogging attacks.

RealVNC, gotoMyPC, ... there are several remote system control products ...
will give you some ideas.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-secure-is-remote-desktop-for-a-server.106242/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have the following problem. Two applications wualcts.exe and ntoskrnl.exe are trying to connect to a remote server. One being devilsdawn.fw.nu and the other black.fearme.us I'm thinking this is a trojan, but I could be wrong. I scanned my system with Trojan Hunter and it didn't find anything. My AV (AVG Free) doesn't pick up anything either. What should I do in this situation? Here is a screen capture

A:wualcts.exe trying to connect to remote server

The good thing is that Sygate is blocking it. I would suggest you post an Hijack This Log (see the pinned instructions at the appropriate forum about how to do download and run it); one of the experts can take a look at it and make suggestions for the removal of these problems. Be sure to include what you have discovered or link to your post above.
Regards,
John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/8072/wualctsexe-trying-to-connect-to-remote-server/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi guys

I've been going to this a particular law site for sometime now, just recently I could not log on to it.
Now I know The site could be no more, but I very much doubt that given it's content, or it could be down, when sites are either down or gone it is usually quite obvious.

My problem is this
It keeps coming up with a 502 Proxy Error. Now I have no idea what that means and even the explanation is vague. IE:The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request GET /sectors/inheritance-probate-trusts-and-wills/.

Reason: Error reading from remote server.

What is it and what can I do if anything to rectify it.
The site holds a lot of info I require.

Thanks guys

sincerely yours
pavlos

A:Error reading from remote server

Well, if you had provided a URL for the site, we'd have more to go on...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-reading-from-remote-server.856487/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hey guys I have been pulling my hair out today over this issue OK so i am the domain admin of a school I already have access from the outside to remote into my server at anytime Server from into desktop Remote Client However i have a small issue I would like to be Remote into Client desktop from Server able to remote into one of my clients domain accounts on Remote into Client desktop from Server his machine from time to time when hes having issues I need to remote in directly to his machine So I will lay it out here I logon remotely to my server into the domain I then want to remotely connect to my clients machine and login to his domain account with his credentials I pull up the RDP and put in his IP and credentials etc I get through to his machine with success however when i do i get a message To log on to this remote computer you must be granted the allow log on through Terminal Services right etc etc Now i think where i went wrong is I followed online instructions and gave him rights for terminal services remote access etc but i did this on my server dc I assume my issue is i need to give him these rights directly on his client machine What i mean is do i need to be at his client pc and give these rights while im on his machine for this to eventually work I am stumped and any help is greatly appreciated If more details are needed just ask and i will post more info P S Domain Controller is Server Client PC is Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/381977-remote-into-client-desktop-server.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Ok I have a problem on a remote to browsing connection in server Web client's server Here's the layout They have servers One of the servers runs Web browsing in remote connection to server an Applied Web browsing in remote connection to server Systems program called TAM The Agency Manager The branch offices remote into that TAM server located at the main office to access the program and databases The TAM server is I can remote into the TAM server and can not browse websites Soon as I E or Chrome tries to open the home page a nasty evil little authenication box pops up I have included a screen shot of this McAfee is about as helpful as a pissed off rattlesnake They keep wanting some kind of grant serial number that I DO NOT HAVE I have been on-site at the client's main office and done everything but start ripping down drywall to find this mysterious grant serial number They the client do not even have a McAfee appliance Only firewall they have is a Netgear ProSecure UTM Does anyone know a solution or work around for this I am really really REALLY tired of this issue and the run around I get from McAfee

A:Web browsing in remote connection to server

I have since been told the message is coming from McAfee SaaS Web Protection product..... Doing a great job of protecting me from the web, seeing as how IT WON'T LET ME BROWSE THE WEB PERIOD... (Sorry, this is getting to a very old and tired story after 2 days of working on this)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/500554/web-browsing-in-remote-connection-to-server/
Relevancy 46.87%

I am unable to connect from my XP Home SP2 machine to 2003 Server. I was able to connect and use remote desktop initially. I then configured another XP Pro SP2 machine -- no problem. Now when I try to connect, I get the following message:

The terminal server has exceeded the maximum number of allowed connections.

How do I increase the # of allowed connections?

A:Win 2003 Server & Remote Desktop

This might help:

http://www.petri.co.il/what's_remote_desktop.htm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win-2003-server-remote-desktop.85380/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,

I've been told I need to have a static ip address to perform some odbc data management on some tables in a database. Cleaning up records and so forth. I cannot notify the application on the fly what my ip is (dynamically allocated)

I know I have to have a SSH connection, rather than getting a real static IP address can I do port forwarding and set my own up, or use on eof the dynamic dns Services.

Appreciate the advice.

Thanks,

Malcolm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slq-server-2005-remote-management.592295/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi. I have been using AVG free however when I got this new PC I cannot open the avg.com site or anything that is connected with it. What comes out is "ERROR: COULD NOT LOCATE REMOTE SERVER" What should I do? Thanks

A:Error: Could not locate remote server

You sure there wasnt some kind of downtime? did you try www.grisoft.com ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-could-not-locate-remote-server.794128/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hey guys I have been pulling my hair out today over this issue OK so i am the domain admin of a school I already have access from the outside to remote into my server at anytime However i have a small issue I would like to be able to remote into one of my clients domain accounts on his machine from time to time when hes having issues I need to remote in directly to his machine So I will Client Remote into from desktop Server lay it out here I logon remotely to my server into the domain I then want to remotely connect to my clients machine and login to his domain account with his credentials I pull up the RDP and put in his IP and credentials etc I get through to his Remote into Client desktop from Server machine with success however when i do i get a message To log on to this remote computer you must be granted the allow log on through Terminal Services right etc etc Now i think where i went wrong is I followed online instructions and gave him rights for terminal services remote access etc but i did this on my server dc I assume my Remote into Client desktop from Server issue is i need to give him these rights directly on his client machine What i mean is do i need to be at his client pc and give these rights while im on his machine for this to eventually work I am stumped and any help is greatly appreciated If more details are Remote into Client desktop from Server needed just ask and i will post more info P S Domain Controller is Server Client PC is Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/381977-remote-into-client-desktop-server.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello All,
I am trying to resolve a problem with the remote registry service, it keep stopping automatically on a VM with Windows server 2012; I have tried  those solution but they did not work.

1st solution
1. Go to Administrative Tools - Services 
2. Right Click "Computer Browser" then Properties 
3. Click on the Recovery tab, set the following: 
First Failure = Restart the the Service 
Second Failure = Restart the the Service 
Subsequent Failures = Restart the the Service 
Reset Fail count After = 120 
Restart Service after = 0 
4. Click Ok

2nd solution:

key : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\RemoteRegistry
name : DisableIdleStop
REG_DWORD, data : 1
I need help, please.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1d42cfe8-6ccc-4d5e-b6a7-a629e05e0fa2/remote-registry-keeps-stopping-w-server-12?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 46.87%

Sorry if this topic access to remote server getting Solved: my is in the wrong section Not sure where it goes I would like to setup my server to allow remote access from home It Solved: getting remote access to my server s on an Solved: getting remote access to my server office network which is separated from the WAN by a router So long as I m on this network I can access the server from any computer connected to it I enter the https URL of my server through IE and it brings me to the helm interface the one that comes with Windows Server I can click on Maintenance and then on Remote Desktop and it opens a new window with the server s desktop displayed If I m somewhere other than the office network I can t access it IE gives me a quot can t find webpage quot message or something along those lines How do I setup my server to access it from outside the office network I d prefer to have a similar graphical interface as Remote Desktop nbsp

A:Solved: getting remote access to my server

You should be able to access it from anywhere using the MS remote desktop client that ships with xp. The catch is that you have to set your router up to forward all remote desktop requests (port 3389) to your server's ip. From the outside, put IP that your ISP assigns to your router in the remote desktop client and it should open up a login screen. The other option would be to set up an IPSEC connect on your router (if it will let you). Then you connect to your router with IPSEC VPN and it's like your on your network... where ever you are.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-getting-remote-access-to-my-server.607914/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have two machines running windows 2000 server.Computer "A" with 192.168.1.1 computer "B" with 192.168.1.2 I want to access remotely.In windows 2003 server it has a utlity "Remote Desktop connection".Well in windows server 2003 what is the utility to remotely access my 2nd computer.Please help me out.thanks in advance.

A:How Remote Desktop in server 2000

You can't remote desktop into a Pre-XP OS. You'll have to use Terminal Services or install a third party program.EEOC

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-2000/how-remote-desktop-in-server-2000/65704.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have two windows 7 pro machines and 2 xp pro machines. Every once in a while I need to remote into the 2008 server at work. I can do that perfectly fine when I am using my XP machines. With my Windows 7 machines, I can remote into any workstation at work but it will not allow me to remote into the 2008 server. It asks me to enter my credentials (I try typing in the admin username and password but it doesn't work). It doesn't bring me to the usual full screen where I need to put the username and password to join the domain, a different box pops up asking me for credentials. From what I read, I can log onto 2008 server with Win 7. What am I doing wrong???

A:Remote into a 2008 server from a Win 7 machine

Are you using the Remote Desktop Tool located in Start > All Programs > Accessories?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/359426/remote-into-a-2008-server-from-a-win-7-machine/
Relevancy 46.87%

I got a message saying "Remote Server Error". This occured on my Opera and Firefox browser. I cannot view any websites on Opera and Firefox, but I am able to do so on Interet Explorer. Currently I have Firefox set as my default browser. It's really strange because I was able to use Firefox and today I can't.

Please help.

A:Remote Server Error Message

Hello,

What security programs are you running?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/remote-server-error-message-591332.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I want to install some remote software to work on other people's computers from afar. I have an old version of PCAnywhere sitting around but I've also heard Ultra VNC is good too.

My past experience with setting these types of programs up is not very good. I start getting confused when I hear that I may have to configure the software firewall to open certain ports and all. Is that really all that hard to do? What about if I'm also using a router?

Also, other than the obvious installing of the software on both the remote and host computers, is there anything else you could tell me that will help prepare me?

Relevancy 46.44%

I have 2 computers in my home that are networked. One is located in the basement and is only powered up and plugged into the network. I access it using Windows Remote desktop and use it for file storage. I was wondering if there is some software out that that would remotly from my main computer turn the basement PC on. I can shut it down with remote desktop but not power it on. I have seen some things that would work about 5yrs ago but i an unable to locate anything now. Please help.

Relevancy 46.44%

I soon will have a need for remote connections and manipulation of other systems. Is TeamViewer the 'go-to' software for the 'pros'? I'm not looking for freeware (except to try it), but a good solid software for remote connections, making diagnosis' and software configuration, troubleshooting, etc.

Thanks,
Salt

A:Remote software

The only thing I can think of other than TeamViewer is the built in Windows Remote Desktop software. The only problem is it only works on LAN which means you can only connect to PCs in your own network. If you only need LAN connection, the built in software is okay. Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) - Network

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/344060-remote-software.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have heard that I can access my Samsung tablet and phone from my machines and vice versa using some software called Remote PC.

Now I have set up the Samsung account required and cannot get anything to do what is supposed to go from either device to the PC's or vice versa. Does anyone else use this software and have you found any problems with it running?

A:Using Remote PC software

I'm almost afraid to tell a Seven Guru something to do but here goes:
Get in touch with RemotePC Support probably Monday I would assume.
Best I can do. Sorry.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/388266-using-remote-pc-software.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Is there any software related parent control that i can installed on my nephew to control, see what he is doing? I need software that will not alert or let him know on his machine.
Thanks

A:Remote Software

Spying on people is wrong and we will not give any help for that here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/331699-remote-software.html
Relevancy 46.44%

There are some XP/Server) (Server for Software Browser Web cool free ware programs that you can setup to run as a server Note I ve tested them all under Firefox Browser as they will work with IE for the past - months now Web Server KF Sever this is found on the KeyFocus web site has one of the easiest to install and configure plus you can access all your documents media pictures audio from this server also Web Browser (Server Software for XP/Server) Mail Server DeskNow easy to installed and configure the best part you can try out the full pro for days then after that it converts to a free ware version Still not a bad Web Browser (Server Software for XP/Server) program for free Music Server Vibe Streamer is another good example if you want to stream all you audio files to any PC using the web browser Again this is free ware and works very well easy to setup and use Note All the programs here will work with XP Workstation Web Browser (Server Software for XP/Server) and does work on Server also KeyFocus one you can also play videos too using VLC media player optional that one is also free as well nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/web-browser-server-software-for-xp-server.103366/
Relevancy 46.44%

The problem I am having is that I cannot connect to a remote computer windows Server with Remote Desktop I know that everything is configured correctly in Remote Desktop In fact I was able to connect to the server using my Wife's server Desktop from but Remote can connect my laptop my to PC cannot Laptop after I moved the rdp file Remote Desktop cannot connect from my PC to server but my laptop can from Remote Desktop cannot connect from my PC to server but my laptop can my computer to hers Both computers are on the same network Comcast Business D-link router only difference is that the PC is plugged in and the laptop uses WiFi Both computers have Norton the one that comes free with Comcast and both computers use Windows x Clearly there is something running on my computer that prevents me from connecting using Remote Desktop I have tried going after the usual suspects like skype Windows firewall etc Nothing so far has allowed RDP to connect to the server Meanwhile from my wife's laptop it's easy as pie It's getting pretty frustrating and I was wondering if anyone has any good suggestions in this regard or something I could use to test the connection Thank you

A:Remote Desktop cannot connect from my PC to server but my laptop can

Hi from Sevenforums,

Are they both in the same subnet i.e 192.168.1.0/24 yours maybe different.

If in the same subnet can you ping the Laptop's IP address?

Example: Open a cmd prompt ping 192.168.1.2

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/332007-remote-desktop-cannot-connect-my-pc-server-but-my-laptop-can.html
Relevancy 46.44%

how to enable the remote access in 2000 server where is option of the remort?

A:remote acess not enable in win 2000 server

You have to install the terminal services for that.When installed, you can use to terminal sessions at a time. If you need more than 2 terminal sessions, you have to buy additional licenses.The terminal sessions can be established by using the Microsoft Remote Desktop Client.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-2000/remote-acess-not-enable-in-win-2000-server/65845.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Searching for RSAT didn't give any hits so I want to post that RSAT for Windows 7 is available; link via the Ask the Directory Services Team Blog.

Ask the Directory Services Team : Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT) Available For Windows 7 Beta

Download details: Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 7

A:Remote Server Administration Tools - RSAT

Nice, thanks for posting!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/1837-remote-server-administration-tools-rsat.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi Team,

I plan to get a mac mini. I would like to have direct access to the machine remotely, just like i did when i connected my laptop pc to my desktop pc via VNC.

My specific question :- is it possible to access the mac via a remote client so that it opens in a window on a Win7 64bit I7 pc?

I ultimately want to control the mac desktop via my win7 pc, mouse and keyboard.

Thanks in advance.

A:Remote Access to Mac mini via VNC client/server

Why wouldn't you just install VNC on your new Mac machine, allowing it to be controlled from the PC?

The product itself is cross-platform.

There are downloads for each host and each client environment.

I'm not a Mac person and only use VNC for Windows hosts and clients. But the product's description certainly shows it as being intended to be cross-platform capable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/357054-remote-access-mac-mini-via-vnc-client-server.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Windows drops server Connection when remote connecting to ITA bit When I connect to a specific remote server hosted on Amazon my connection drops after about seconds That is - Putty after seconds idle non idle connection drops PuTTy window status inactive PuTTy popup error quot Network error Software caused connection abort quot - RockMongo if I connect using RockMongo after seconds connection is lost - Jmeter about every minute I have quot Non HTTP response code java net SocketException Non HTTP response message Socket closed quot I have not this problem when connecting to other servers BUT my friends connecting from the same office using their Linux OS don't have this problem I have the same problem with wired Atheros AR xx and wireless Atheros AR x connection Wired and Wi-Fi drivers are up-to-date No antivirus or firewall installed I tried turning windows firewall on and off nothing change I also tried to set MTU to the best value for my connection but this Connection drops when connecting to remote server didn't change the game I can't say if the problem existed in the past I noticed it only few days ago when I started to work with that server I also tried to dump tcp packets using netsh I got some errors Winsock - event id ad and I got these errors also closing all opened programs Any help

A:Connection drops when connecting to remote server

Have you talked to Amazon S3 group, or looked in the discussion forum at https://forums.aws.amazon.com/forum.jspa?forumID=24 to see if others may also be having the same problem, or had it and found a solution.

Instead of using PuTTY, try WinSCP. It incorporates Putty, a SSH & FTP Client all in one. You can download it from WinSCP :: Free SFTP and FTP client for Windows The only thing that I can think of, is that the S3 server is dropping your connection on their end. WinSCP also allows for logging, so that you are able to better troubleshoot what is going on. More on the logging feature. Logging :: WinSCP

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/54009-connection-drops-when-connecting-remote-server.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I work in a small company with around 40 employess and most of them access our server through remote desktop connection. Most of them have limited capabilities and some were assigned admin rights.
Few days ago someone tried to mess with some confidential folders and we couldnt even open them logged in as administrator. Is a 2003 windows server. My question is if theres a way to track the activity and find out who might have done the changes? The IT guy said there is no way to track it, but since it must have been through one of those remote sessions I think probably theres a way?

Thank you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-remote-access-or-activity-in-the-server-be-tracked.899060/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi Everyone I am attempting to configure a TP-Link TL-PS P Print Server from a remote location From my location I am accessing a laptop which is connected to the same physical network as the Print Server However the laptop has an I P address of and it is connected directly into a router with the I P address a remote in that configure to location is Trying a Print Server of whereas the Print Server has a default I P address of Within the laptop I have set a static route to the Print Servers I P address below is a screen capture of the laptops route table As can be seen above in yellow highlight there is now a route from the laptop to the Print Server However I am unable to ping the Print Server and entering the Print Server s address into a browser results in no configuration page being loaded All this being said when I use a Network detection program I can clearly see that the Print Server can be reached on the network as shown below How can I go Trying to configure a Print Server that is in a remote location about loading the Print Servers configuration page through a web browser I have tried http and https Furthermore the same network has an identical TP-Link Print Server connected and I can reach it s configuration page due to it being on the I P address and I can see that by default the Print Server does not require an explicit Port number to be specified I am quite Trying to configure a Print Server that is in a remote location stuck here any suggestions will be greatly appreciated Kind Regards Davo nbsp

A:Trying to configure a Print Server that is in a remote location

I didn't think this would be possible, but I'm not going to argue with that detection program.

A shot in the dark: make sure the laptop does not have a firewall or security suite that is blocking or not trusting 192.168.0.x addresses.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trying-to-configure-a-print-server-that-is-in-a-remote-location.1123814/
Relevancy 46.44%

I`m using windows 8.1 64x
with MTS mblaze ec1561 and When in try to connect its says that 
remote computer doesn't respond
or a connection to the remote server could not be established
while on my (Friends)laptop it work like charm with same settings and same network configurations but win 7 64xbit
and before i was on win 7 it works for me too.
*Things i tried*
reconfigure network settings
dialing through dialing rules
reinstalling drivers and mobile partner

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/53163bb8-b894-4561-869f-fd4fe7ff4266/dun-error-a-connection-to-the-remote-server-could-not-be-established?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I manage a Win server wich Freezes Win2003 server Remote my Desktop is an Active Directory and Domain Controller and at the moment it has a PPTP VPN Server SQL Server Project Server IIS It s kind Remote Desktop Freezes my Win2003 server of a testing server I ve been maneging this server for sometime with remote desktop til it was attacked then I began updateing Windows with Windows Update it seems that nobody before made updates Remote Desktop Freezes my Win2003 server to this server Now I can t get remote desktop without it freezen the server to death after sometime connected I installed VNC as an alternative for Remote Desktop but I don t like it as much I ve tryed to connect from differents sources Windows XP SP and SP Linux always getting the same result at very random times doing very random things Cleaning the server I found Slave exe wich is reported to be a Remote Manager that is very use as a Trojan so I get it off but it didn t resolved the problem It freezes so bad that I don t get any logs about it If any of you have a posible solution or questions that I could answer for you to help me please post I m really lost here Thanks nbsp

A:Remote Desktop Freezes my Win2003 server

Any Ideas yet???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remote-desktop-freezes-my-win2003-server.338986/
Relevancy 46.44%

I need help
I use to be able to do it with no hassles last year
To connect to different client through out internet using VNC
I decided to try RDP (remote control protocol) or maybe called RDA(remote control administration)
One site is running SERVER 2003
Few other site run WINXP Pro(have full admin privileges to all )
I have been trying for the last few days to no avail
I can log on and control the server PC on local network using itís local IP (192.168.x.x) using Windows remote control facility. NO PROB
Now if I go to another site ,(we are going to call it WORKING SITE) try to log onto my home network NO GO.
Try VNC same NO GO
Go back home and try to log on to WORKING SITE , after setting all the correct bits, again NO GO
Have run ďnetstatĒ and port 3389 is listening
Am I missing something?
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-server-2003-remote-control.637414/
Relevancy 46.44%

We have just acquired a Quad-core Xeon GB Desktop Remote 2003 - Windows R2 Server RAM dedicated server running Windows Server R SP bit We are using Windows Server 2003 R2 - Remote Desktop the server to run game and VoIP servers mainly in consoles This requires that a user be logged in to launch the servers We access the server via remote desktop I have set the server to automatically login on boot using the registry method so that if the server crashes when I am not around the server can restart itself and re-run all the software using the Windows Server 2003 R2 - Remote Desktop start menu quot Startup quot folder The problem is that when I login via Remote Desktop the OS creates a NEW SESSION under the same username rather than just connect to the existing session Yesterday we had three sessions running on the server all using the same username and so each of them was running duplicate apps This was because the automatic login method created a session and both myself and another admin logged into the server via remote desktop creating three sessions in parallel How do we force the server to accept only one session per username Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2003-r2-remote-desktop.762663/
Relevancy 46.44%

Does anyone have any experience with a temperature monitoring unit we can install in our server room that we can use to moniter the room temperature? We had a near catastrophe recently when the air conditioning unit failed to restart following a power outage. I've looked a couple, but if anyone has a suggestion, I'd be grateful

A:Server room - remote monitoring temps

It may be overkill but here's one:

http://www.apc.com/products/family/index.cfm?id=346

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-room-remote-monitoring-temps.1056282/
Relevancy 46.44%

I am trying to add a new remote desktop to my Server, but when i go to Computer Management Console the Local Users and Group branch is missing? I can't find it anywhere and want to know if it could be hidden or moved or something? Anyhelp is much appreciated, I've attached a print screen of my Computer Management Console (which is missing the Local Users Group)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-access-remote-desktop-with-server-2003.670280/
Relevancy 46.44%

I'm looking to set up a connection between a network in one physical location to a server in another physical location using our existing cable connection.
I will have a router and switch at both locations.
The cable provider is comcast and only offers dynamic IP addressing.
If anyone could offer some general directions or suggestions on how to implement that I would be great.
monton

A:VPN tunnel for live connection to remote server?

Just set up VPN.. There are dozens of products and guides available.

Depending on what exactly you want to achieve, you could even get away with no VPN at all.

Use a service like DynDNS to get around the dynamic IP problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vpn-tunnel-for-live-connection-to-remote-server.65686/
Relevancy 46.44%

I am very new to vb scripting and have folowing issue On my desktop I have a vb script where I need VB server Script remote not calling Solved: to call a Solved: VB Script not calling remote server bat file on a remote server As far as I can see it does not work Maybe someone can point out what is wrong HTML Option Explicit Dim strComputer strCommand objWMIService objProcess Solved: VB Script not calling remote server intProcessID errReturn strComputer quot vgiwpw -sql quot strCommand quot MMC Event Viewer Remote Server bat quot Set objWMIService GetObject quot winmgmts quot amp quot impersonationLevel impersonate quot amp strComputer amp quot root cimv quot Set objProcess objWMIService Get quot Win Process quot errReturn objProcess Create strCommand null null intProcessID If errReturn Then Wscript Echo quot Remote Event Viewer was started with a process ID quot amp intProcessID Else Wscript Echo quot Remote Event Viewer could not be started due to error quot amp errReturn End If When I run the script I get Solved: VB Script not calling remote server message quot Remote event viewer was started with process id quot nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

I have to share some PDF files with members of my organization, I have a Windows XP Pro box dedicated for this. Currently they can access it from within the office as a shared folder. I would like to make it available remotely is there a better way other then as a FTP access.

Tom

A:Setting up remote access file server

Yes. VPN access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-up-remote-access-file-server.1058104/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi This is my first posting and I else/remote controlled Laptop is being server someone Personal by etc. apologize if I am doing this incorrectly or in the wrong place I have a major issue and have now for about a year Last August maybe sooner my boyfriend installed something called Keylogger Spy on my laptop I purchased Personal Laptop is being controlled by someone else/remote server etc. my laptop Personal Laptop is being controlled by someone else/remote server etc. brand new from HP in June It is a personal laptop for home Personal Laptop is being controlled by someone else/remote server etc. use only Since then so much has happened I could not even begin to explain it all I know that I have been able to click on things like inspect and see people typing from something called chromium in one instance I was typing in a quickbooks application and a comment was typed asking if they were sure it was a good idea to share this with the entire web I also do not appear to be the administrator of my computer and have a domain account somehow registered to it also my hard drive now seems to be crashing and it happened after I uninstalled one of my external hard drives from my computer I have three external hard drives all of which became inaccessible after the keylogger installed So I believe my boyfriend also did something to stop me from accessing them I know whatever is happening is happening through my windows account and I believe some form of active directory It also accesses my telephone I believe as well Malware and virus scans show nothing and I am at my wits end I think that somehow it may also involve my internet router I've restored to factory settings several times but it keeps coming back How do I get my laptop back to being just mine with no domain controlling it and find out if it is indeed being remotely accessed or if data is being sent somewhere else

A:Personal Laptop is being controlled by someone else/remote server etc.

what I recommend is turning pc on press F11 repeatedly go into troubleshoot hp recovery manager perform a system recovery without backing anything up (to help eliminate the keylogger and other installed programs by him) once done the pc will be as if it is brand new

this is the simplest way to reclaim your PC for yourself and by far the easiest, there are other alternatives that im sure other people may offer you but if your willing to start from scratch this is your best option

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/617243/personal-laptop-is-being-controlled-by-someone-elseremote-server-etc/
Relevancy 46.44%

Description of Systems Two independent family companies each with their own LAN FILE SERVERS and WIN Workstations each operating independently and successfully using different workgroup names One company is using WIN Server and the other WIN Pro on the file server and all workstations use WIN Both FILE SERVERS are using NTSF file system on the partitioned drive for the files being shared Everybody has DSL I am wanting to be able to work from my home and access the files via the internet on each file server Observations - I am able to intermittently map to the WIN Server fileserver using a WIN workstation via the internet - I am able to consistantly map to the WIN Server fileserver using a WIN Server workstation internet server Remote access via the file to via the internet - I am unable to map to the WIN PRO fileserver using a WIN workstation via the internet - I am able to map to one of the WIN workstations on the WIN PRO network - I am able to ping the WIN PRO fileserver but unable to map to the file I need - In all cases I am able to ping and or connect using PCAnywhere to any and all servers and workstations from my workstation at Remote access to file server via the internet home via the internet Please help nbsp

A:Remote access to file server via the internet

Make sure that NetBIOS is bound to your network card on the server/PC you are trying to connect to. Big security risk doing this though...anyone can access your files!! If you have a firewall open to the proper ports with letting static IP's in thru them then you should be fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remote-access-to-file-server-via-the-internet.68694/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi, i do have a Linksys ISR, windows 2003 enterprise edition and a Public IP address. I would like to setup an FTp site on the windows 2003 pc using my public IP. I successfully managed to do it over the LAN and both downloads and uploads are fine however when it comes to setting it up over the Internet i terribly misfire. I do not have any experience in setting up a public IP and i do not know how to configure it on the machine so that it's accessible over the internet.
any help will be more than appreciated.

A:Setting up a remote FTP server on windows 2003

I am not an expert on this subject, but have you opened up a specific port on the Linksys router for your remote FTP Client to get into the LAN and be forwarded to the FTP Server? My router requires this for an remote application to get into the network.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-a-remote-ftp-server-on-windows-2003.107710/