Windows Support Forum

[SOLVED] Microsoft Lifecam HD 6000 not seen

Q: [SOLVED] Microsoft Lifecam HD 6000 not seen

I am running MicroSoft Windows XP, Service Pack 3, using Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac, Build 7.0.15107, on a MacBook (2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, OS X 10.6.8). I have a Microsoft LifeCam HD 6000 connected through a USB hub that I use for Skype. Since I upgraded Parallels Desktop the other day, the webcam is no longer recognized by the computer. I know I could fix the problem by disconnecting and reconnecting the camera. But this is a remote computer which I control with LogMeIn, and that is not an option. Is there any way I can 'trick' the computer (Windows or Mac OS) into thinking I have done that? If you have any ideas or need more info, please be as specific as you can. I don't know much about computers. Thank you.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: [SOLVED] Microsoft Lifecam HD 6000 not seen

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: [SOLVED] Microsoft Lifecam HD 6000 not seen

Does the Hub have it's own power adapter? (this would increase the power provided by the USB port to the devices plugged into the hub) When you use a USB hub, it diminishes the power from the USB port. Devices that require more power like HDD's Cameras etc as a opposed to keyboards or mice, may not get recognized by the computer. Unless the Hub is self powered.
The solution is to plug the USB device directly into the computer.
You can go to Start/Run and type devmgmt.msc and press enter. In the Device Manager are there any devices with yellow flags? Or under Universal Serial Bus Controllers is there an Unknown Device? If so, right click it and Uninstall it. Now right click any device and choose Scan For Hardware Changes, this should recognize the device and reinstall it. If it comes back with a yellow flag or as an Unknown Device, then it needs to be plugged into the computer directly and not through a hub.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-microsoft-lifecam-hd-6000-not-seen-673431.html
Relevancy 20.21%

Microsoft showed off a whole range of new PCs and devices running Windows 10 at Computex 2015, but one that really caught the eye is the Quanta Compute Plug, an entire PC integrated into a power plug the size of...

Read more

A:Microsoft shows off PC integrated into power plug

They may be handy to a lot and even have very reasonable prices but I can't imagine myself ever wanting any of these.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-shows-off-pc-integrated-into-power-plug.213681/
Relevancy 20.21%

Much of the lure surrounding Microsoft's long-rumored Surface Mini was the notion that it'd come in at a lower price point compared to its full-sized brother. That project was ultimately scrapped and instead, we got the Surface Pro 3 -...

Read more

A:Microsoft's new Atom-powered Surface 3 starts at $499

This was sounding so promising then I got to 2GB RAM....

Have a look at your PC now - if you are running next to nothing over standard windows services, then you are probably somewhere around 1.2GB. Add an email client, some virus software a few Chrome Tabs and you will already be swapping away to page file as the OS starts to worry about memory and things will start to grind. How much would 2 more MB cost? Shame as otherwise it sounds quite a capable little machine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsofts-new-atom-powered-surface-3-starts-at-499.210900/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hello everyone. I had a quick question concerning the difference between nvidias newer k4200 gpu and the older high end model quadro 6000. I was wondering what would be the better buy considering you can pick up a 6000 right now on Amazon for 1000 bucks. Wasn't sure if it was worth it to get this one over the 4200 which is around 800. Thanks for any input

A:Quadro k4200 vs 6000

Of course, K6000 is much better that K4200, but I love GTX 780 Ti.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/quadro-k4200-vs-6000.209498/
Relevancy 10.75%

Here again since I have the most weird problem ever which I have never seen nor heard of before. I recently upgraded the OS on a friends computer, from Vista to 7. However now I can't seem to get the onboard ethernet adapter to work, it can't be seen in device manager nor anywhere else. I have tried to reset the bios (by removing the cmos battery) and I have also checked that the network adapter is set to 'Enabled'. Also, when I connect the cable to the ethernet port no lights go on, it doesn't give any sort of hope what so ever. The cable is ok, the "modem" is ok, and everything else seems to be in order and yet it doesn't work.

Computer in question:
HP Pavilion 6530sc
Non-default GPU and added 1Gb RAM

A:Solved: Computer doesn't recognize the network adapter

Whenever you install a new OS, always take note of the model of core system hardware like GPU, chipset, and ethernet/wifi (there are a few others that aren't as important, but nice to have updated) since those are critical to your computers core functionality.

However, a quick google search of your model yielded me with your PC's system specs. Your PC contains a Realtek RTL8201N ethernet adapter. So far I am unable to find a driver from Realtek itself and the HP driver is not Realtek, but instead nVidia nForce.

So after a bit of searching, I came across this: it seems to me that you have an old chipset from nVidia. I am not completely sure, but I think you have an ION chipset. Try installing this ION chipset driver (64 bit) ==OR== this ION chipset driver (32 bit) and tell me if it works. It should include the necessary component drivers and if it works, it means you have an ION chipset like I suspected.

Here are the specifications for your PC BTW.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solved-computer-doesnt-recognize-the-network-adapter.204750/
Relevancy 20.21%

Previously used this phone with Zune on my now-deceased PC with Windows XP (although even that took a while to establish). Now have an HP laptop with Windows 7 but Zune consistently refuses to recognize it and just comes up with the usual 'disconnect, turn off and reconnect'. I have downloaded both Microsoft Fixes and neither of them find anything wrong; I have uninstalled/reinstalled countless times; I have been into my certificates and made changes and/or deletions - and I m now simply running out of options ...and patience if I'm honest.

Almost all the internet advice suggests the fix is easy. Would the fact I've worked on this for over a month now suggest I am a one-off?!!!

A Google search revealed that there are many people who have had the same problem still unresolved after two years or so - just as often with other Windows Phones rather than Nokia. Can anyone help please?

A:Microsoft Zune will not recognize my Nokia Lumia 800...

Any luck with this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-zune-will-not-recognize-my-nokia-lumia-800.186486/
Relevancy 20.64%

Recently bought a MS mouse.

Have found that when I move the scroll wheel up or down more than really slowly
a little round icon appears with an up arrow and a down arrow. If the cursor is
above the icon, the page automatically scrolls upward without stopping, and the reverse for the cursor being below that icon. It starts without warning and always goes farther than I want and it goes so fast it's difficult, at best, to react to it before I'm way past what I want to see.

When I click, the thing goes away.

Any way to totally delete this annoying feature other than throwing the mouse away and
getting another Logitech?

Thanks!

A:Microsoft mouse scrolling so annoying

Wow I know that feeling. I had a MS mouse that did the same thing. Never could figure out how to stop it from doing that. I search over the internet and never found a answer. Even tried its support site. I ended up getting rid of it and going back to a Logitech.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-mouse-scrolling-so-annoying.197079/
Relevancy 20.64%

Good morning everyone,

My database at work has hit a snag. Whenever I open it I get this error (see attach.) Once I click on yes, it still does not open. It just shows the loading circle (Vista) constantly...

A colleague and myself are the only ones who use this database - it holds 17,000+ files that we have to track. Hers works fine, albeit slowly.

Any help out there with this one? Always appreciated.

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-access-database-issues.194266/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi,

I am running XP SP 2 on Intel Motherboard DH55TC, Core i5 CPU. UAA High Definition Audio class driver is resulting in high hardware interrupts that uses upto 10 to 12% of CPU. The interrupts goes away if I uninstall UAA Bus driver through Device Manager. But this also disables RealTek audio driver which means I hear sound no more.

I tried updating the UAA driver to Version 1.0a but still the hardware interrupts wont go away. Please help how to fix this issue.

A:Microsoft UAA bus driver for High Definition Audio is causing high hardware interrupt

Download the Realtek drivers here Realtek drivers, you want the third one down, Windows 2000, Windows XP/2003(32/64 bits) Driver only (Executable file)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-uaa-bus-driver-for-high-definition-audio-is-causing-high-hardware-interrupt.152928/
Relevancy 61.92%

Why doesn't my microsoft lifecam work with windows 7? Is there a simple way to fix this problem?

A:Windows 7/Microsoft Lifecam

We would need the model number to tell you a reason to why it is not working, and if there is a fix.. If there is no supported driver for windows7, you may need to attempt to use a Windows Vista driver and run it in compatibility mode.

If these options are not possible, you may have to purchase a new one.

Please reply back with the model of the webcam.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-microsoft-lifecam.185668/
Relevancy 10.75%

I was bored the other night so I No output reassembling parts video good solved after -- decided to assemble some parts I had laying around into a working system It was late and I d had a couple beers so I wasn t at my best I had some trouble installing the Hyper but finally had it all together and wired up It seemed to boot up fine all fans spinning both drives spinning but no output to video I knew that all parts came from a working system tried another No video output after reassembling good parts -- solved monitor tried a video card cleared CMOS reseated RAM no video Took it all apart and examined the mobo looking for shorted spots and cracks nothing I could see was wrong Went to bed had nightmares about electromagnetic pulse weapons testing randomly destroying computers all over the world Got up determined to fix a computer that shouldn t be broken installed the CPU and Hyper No video output after reassembling good parts -- solved again noticed that this time it lined up the screws much easier and didn t press the heatsink as tightly - looked at the instruction illustration again and realized I had the X bracket on wrong before quot breadboarded quot it and the video works Put it all back in the case testing at each step to make sure it was still getting VGA output It works fine now The extra mechanical force applied by the X bracket being wrong was enough to stress the CPU or the mobo to the point of throttling the video output somehow So for all you others who had the same problem no video after re-assembling good parts which Googled up in the hundreds this is one thing you might check When installed properly most coolers will twist a couple of degrees without too much trouble If it s rigidly immobile like mine was last night with X bracket installed wrong then something s wrong The lesson learned here is don t drink and attempt to build a computer even if it s only beers in hours nbsp

A:No video output after reassembling good parts -- solved

I guess you could say...
The shlt hit the fan.
ok, terrible pun, I'm sorry.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-video-output-after-reassembling-good-parts-solved.185193/
Relevancy 20.21%

I have a mixture of domain and workgroup computers on the network and wan to have them all visible in Microsfot Windows Network My Network Place Group - Machine amp Machine are on workgroupA with its not Computer Microsoft in visible Windows Network own subnet and can see each other fine Group - Machine amp Machine are on the domain and can see each other fine Group - Machine amp Machine are also on the domain however on a different subnet and it too can see each other fine If I am on Machine it only sees Machine When I am on Machine it can not see Machine or however it can see Machine The same goes for Machine can t see any other machine except Machine even though its on the domain I have a WINS server in place in Group and it WINS see all the machines as Active Registrations But when I go into My Network Places on the WINS server it only sees machines in Group which are Machine amp Machine DNS entries are setup correctly with correct hostname and IP so I m lost as to what is happening here Sorry of this sounds confusing nbsp

A:Computer not visible in Microsoft Windows Network

My understanding is that

a given system(A) may be attached to a domain OR
unattached and accessed in a workgroup; mutually exclusive.
That says your request is not possible

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-not-visible-in-microsoft-windows-network.181851/
Relevancy 35.69%

I am trying to fix a Dell 6000 basket case I bought but the video card that goes in all the other ones I have worked on won't work. The one I have seen and is displayed in the manual has the small female plug for the cable on the top for the video card and the large female plug on the motherboard. The card I need must be different. The mother board on the basket-case has the small female plug on the motherboard itself and no large female plug on the mb at all.
Anyone familiar with this oddity please respond.
Thank you

A:Dell 6000 video card problem

Can you post a screenshot?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-6000-video-card-problem.181292/
Relevancy 20.21%

I've been playing games for more than 12 years with KB+Mouse and have never used a controller before. Games are becoming more and more controller optimized and I have an Eyefinity setup that would give a better experience with a gamepad, so I decided to get one

I've narrowed my options to Razer Onza TE BF3 Edition (Wired):

http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.235034100/categoryId.54297600

And Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows :

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Xbo...d-20&ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1322381006&sr=8-3

They both seem pretty good, but have heard very mixed views on razer products...

Which one is better ?

A:Razer Onza or Microsoft controller for Windows?

Do you already own a wireless 360 controller? You can use a 360 controller on your PC if you add one of these. I use it and it works fine.
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wire...FCT2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1331256805&sr=8-1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/razer-onza-or-microsoft-controller-for-windows.178459/
Relevancy 10.75%

I wasn't able to connect through my wireless router to the internet on any of my wireless devices until I plugged in my wireless usb stick. I plugged it into one laptop, and now I can use both. Why would this happen? My mother has the same connectivity issue, and do you think I should try the same thing? It seems as though that every wireless connection that I come across has this problem lately. Every single one. I am confused, is it just me?

Renewing your IP address. For assistance, contact the person who manages your network. I used to get that error every time I tried to repair connection.

A:I have solved my limited connectivity and need some answers

I think the lack of responses here may be the result of everyone else being confused as well.

Try explaining that a little better, its not exactly clear what your problem is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-have-solved-my-limited-connectivity-and-need-some-answers.174540/
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi My system already had an Nvidia GT Gcard installed and running for about years now Yesterday i got a BOOTMGR error and had to repait that file using the Windows Disc This involved using the onboard video chip of my motherboard Manufacturer BIOSTAR Group - Model GF -M TE Upon resolving the BOOTMGR issue i was unable to resuse my graphics card I have tried reinstalling drivers motherboard drivers resetting CMOS etc The trouble is when i try disabling the onboard chip through device manager it still will not switch to the issue (not solved card Graphics threads) by other any Gcard There is also only an Graphics card issue (not solved by any other threads) option in BIOS to set the onboard chip to ON or Auto ON I do not have the driver CD for the graphics card and gave been using the Nvidia site for them Also what appears to be odd is that the computer does not detect the Gcard at all and only the onboard chip even if i uninstall the drivers for it and disable it Any help would be great nbsp

A:Graphics card issue (not solved by any other threads)

I suggest a clean reinstall of the OS and drivers from scratch. Clean out your PC, re-seat all the components and continue with a fresh install of OS, drivers, etc.

If that doesn't work, then it's an issue with your card or the PCI-E slot on the motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-issue-not-solved-by-any-other-threads.169495/
Relevancy 10.75%

hey y all- i had a for undervolted PS modem Problem solved: modem connectivity problem that had an easy answer and I thought I would post a note just to keep us all thinking creatively -- My computer DSL connection was iff-y then died I figured out that the power supply for the wire modem Problem solved: undervolted PS for modem was dead - I did this by Problem solved: undervolted PS for modem process-of-elimination and by don t try this at home sticking my tongue on the power tip of the power supply - at volts you should feel a little buzz - no buzz dead power supply So I head of to Radio Shack Go Lance They don t have a volt ps They do have a multi-power adapter that includes volt in the range of selectable voltage by a switch It costs more than a plain volt power adapter should but I want to read Techspot so I Problem solved: undervolted PS for modem pay the extra money for a multi-adapter rather than find one off the web and wait for shipping Multi-adapter had wrong polarity and this was not switchable so I had to cut and reverse the wiring don t try this at home unless you know what you are doing - wrong polarity will smoke and kill whatever low -voltage thingie yo uplug in including DSL modem Prob Solved Months later I get modem problems I think it is a wireless connectivity problem because whenever I try to hit the web by wireless the modem freaks out Somehow days later it occurs to me power could be wrong sure enough one of my preschoolers had somehow pushed the power adapter voltage slector switch from volt to volt -- so when the desktop and the laptop were both trying to pull data through the wire modem it was just enough power drain to make the modem shut off So if you have connectivity problems as always check the classic quot is it plugged in Is it turned on quot intervention first - check for a dead power adapter on your modem And if you have to improvise and use a multi-voltage power supply adapter you might want to glue or tape the voltage selector button in place nbsp

A:Problem solved: undervolted PS for modem

This is called "Common Sense" troubleshooting

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-solved-undervolted-ps-for-modem.158649/
Relevancy 10.32%

I Logitech stopped Left wireless working click mouse on (Solved) m creating this post just fyi should it help anyone else with this problem Here s what I Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved) tried and at least in my case how i solved a quot mouse left click doesn t work quot problem I have a Logitech wireless laser mouse and use rechargeable AA batteries The other morning i powered on my computer as usual and tried using my Logitech Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved) wireless mouse but left click didn t work although Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved) rt click and mouse movement continued working just fine Things i first tried that didn t help gt Reinstalling Logitech Setpoint and mouse drivers gt Reinstalling Logitech USB transceiver firmware gt Pressing the quot reconnect quot button on the USB transceiver to reconnect transceiver to wireless mouse gt Changed the mouse batteries a couple times and also tried recently recharged batteries Then i had a hunch well it was really more of a last ditch hopeful guess - but it seems to have worked I removed the batteries and let the mouse sit overnight without any battery inside it When i put batteries back in the next morning the mouse has been working fine again ever since Go figure stickout nbsp

A:Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved)

Good stuff there J. I don't know anything about wireless mice but i am wondering if it "reset" itself. Just a thought and a small one at that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/left-click-on-logitech-wireless-mouse-stopped-working-solved.158582/
Relevancy 10.75%

Short version - I used DG45ID (solved) motherboard Intel dead a non compatible cpu which has the effect of leaving Intel DG45ID motherboard dead (solved) the board switched on Long version - I bought the DG ID off ebay and got a CPU to go in it I switched on the fan worked and HDD was active but no screen The USBs were active When I switched off at the mains When I switched on it powered up without the start button I realised I had a non compatible cpu I bought an E The first time I switched on at the mains it came on without the start button but subsequently I had to press start to power the board ie as normal CMOS jumper When I bought it the jumper connected pin with the LED pin I assume that is like a removed jumper ie BIOS flash mode Hence Intel DG45ID motherboard dead (solved) when I connected a DVD drive it Intel DG45ID motherboard dead (solved) crashed I assume it was looking for a bio file Nothing I could do would recover the board The green standby light came on but nothing else It was dead No USB power no fans nothing I remembered the wrong CPU that had left the board quot switched on quot I put it in and it behaved as before power but no monitor I then replaced the E and hey presto I was in but only on cmos recovery there was no bios But the USBs were active So I removed the jumper flashed the BIOS from a USB stick and it s up and running NB the intel manual is wrong regarding the CMOS pins It shows pin closest to the battery That is actually pin If you look I can t post the pdf link page the pin is clearly show closest to the battery I thought it was strange that all the images on Google show the jumper on pins furthest from the battery the manual says that is the recovery position nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-dg45id-motherboard-dead-solved.158177/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hello
my laptop stopped picking up wireless network, it wont' recognized the wireless assistant, I tried every possible solution online (updating bios, reinstalling the drivers, changed the network card) and still nothing. any suggestions? will buying a usb wireless adapter give me the option to connect to wireless networks?

Thank you

Ori

A:HP Pavillion DV 6000 stopped picking up wireless networks

Welcome to the club and I don't say that sarcastically; I feel your pain. This is quite a well known problem with HP's DV 6000 series; a series that had MAJOR failures with their motherboards due to poor cooling. Their 9000 series also had epic fails. One tech guy that I know told me that in their shop the wireless card failing was the beginning sign of motherboard issues.

Its not your wireless card per se though. I speak from personal experience as my daughter's wireless connection died as well. I even replaced the card and it still didn't work. I also did everything you mentioned plus I followed HP's instructions. I even contacted them and the cost to fix was rediculous. They even said it most likely is a motherboard issue after I did everything they instructed to resolve the issue.

So to answer your last question: Yes, a USB wireless adapter will work. It did for my daughter and we hope this system will last us till she graduates this coming May.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-dv-6000-stopped-picking-up-wireless-networks.153254/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hello I am new here and came across this forum while googling for tips on getting my Dell Inspiron fixed This forum seems very helpful from what i ve read and so I thought I should post my problem to see if anyone can suggest a solution to me I recently was watching a video file on my laptop when the computer just shut down When I try to reboot now I get an error message saying quot Internal HDD Hard error Strike the F key to continue F to run the setup utility quot When I hit F with my windows install disk in the CD-rom drive I get an error saying that there is no Hard Disk Drive recognized and to make sure that the Hard Drive is powered on etc I thought that maybe my hard drive had died on me so I purchased a new hard drive and it is the same exact problem still occuring Any tips or links on what I might need to do would be very helpful Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Dell Inspiron 6000 - internal HDD

Most Dells have a diagnostics program (F12 at boot).
Run the tests and see what they say.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-6000-internal-hdd.153217/
Relevancy 20.64%

My razer deathadder recently died and I couldn't afford another one, so I went for something cheaper

I got the intellimouse 3.0 and i'm not too impressed

I have the pointer speed set on the fastest setting, but when you are moving the pointer around slowly it jerks in increments of of a millimetre or so, and its quite frustrating when gaming, especially in sniper situations

Is there any way to make it smoother?

A:Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0 - making it smoother?

If you haven't already, install the intellipoint driver. Although the mouse will work using the native Windows driver, you will have fuller use of its capabilities if you install the latest driver.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-intellimouse-3-0-making-it-smoother.151804/
Relevancy 35.69%

I have a cousin that fixes electonics. From what I heard, he had a friend that had a dell inspiron 6000 that just stopped working. Well He gave it to my cousin. He couldn't fix it so he gave it to me. I went out and bought an extra mother board and fixed it. It runs perfectly! Well then I have this extra mother board laying around. So, I got another Dell inspiron 6000 without a motherboard. Basicly, I want to fix the other on now. But When ever I power it on it lights up for 5 seconds and shuts off. I do not have a hard drive in it, but when I did it didn't spin. If you put your ear up to it, you can hear a humming noise on every part of the board. Any suggestions as to what to Do? I don't want to go Searching for another costly Board.

A:Dell Inspiron 6000 won't stay on more than 5 seconds

type fast.

:haha:
five seconds: type fast.
listen to very short songs.
play video games you know you will lose really quickly.

--but seriously: the mb sounds like toast. that may be why no one is posting any notes.

i cannot remember having te 5-second problem before. it could mean that some spot on the mb got broken or shorted out - not enuff to kill everything, but to keep it from decently being able to get BIOS rolling. Or, the BIOS is messed up.

I wouldn't even spend money replacing the bios. I would find another mb used or cheap somewher if you really wanted to take advantage of the remaining computer, supposing that everyting else is ok.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-6000-wont-stay-on-more-than-5-seconds.143266/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi all.....this is my first post. I bought a cheap ac power supply for my Dell inspiron 6000 when the original died. Yesterday, it failed. Upon inspection, I realized the power supply was shorted out. I replaced it and nothing happened...no light no sign of any power to the computer. I think I may have shorted out the computer and was hoping there is some sort of internal fuse that could be switched out. thanks for any help!

A:Wondering if there is an internal fuse in my Dell Inspiron 6000

most likely when the psu died it took the motherboard or cpu or ram or the battery with it. the only way to tell what parts are still good is to test each part is a working computer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wondering-if-there-is-an-internal-fuse-in-my-dell-inspiron-6000.143247/
Relevancy 35.69%

I believe my Dell Inspiron 6000 has Ultra ATA. I wanted to upgrade my hard drive since it is kind of slow but I basically just want a cheap and fast hard drive. Could anyone recommend one for me?

Also, would i be able to use a SATA hard drive on my laptop or would I have to stick to Ultra ATA? thanks

A:Hard Drive for Dell Inspiron 6000

You probably have to stay with Ultra ATA as the connector is built-in the the board.
If your drive is 4500 or 5400 RPM you can probably see an improvement by getting a 7200 RPM drive.
There are several here:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/category_slc.asp?CatId=1277&name=2.5-Hard-Drive&

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-for-dell-inspiron-6000.142302/
Relevancy 34.83%

You re gonna love this one no ANY 6000 now HP display of gone. Disabled recognition driver, Pavillion graphics Lots of quirks along the way So get a laptop from my mom HP Pavillion 6000 display gone. Disabled driver, now no recognition of ANY graphics It was her old one It had been wiped clean It came preloaded with Vista she put XP on it and got frustrated and gave it HP Pavillion 6000 display gone. Disabled driver, now no recognition of ANY graphics to me All the drivers worked great except the graphics driver From searching it appears to be an NVidia Go series Believe I tried the full install from NVidia and the short driver install from HP the only one for this laptop no luck Keeps telling me no drivers are HP Pavillion 6000 display gone. Disabled driver, now no recognition of ANY graphics recognized In my hissy fit I turned off the vgasafe in properties gt Settings gt Advanced gt Monitor Okay no graphics at all Runs great still I use narrator and go into the same settings but as I go through I hear my monkey man speak out that the resolution is x x with no options I continue to advanced where there s nothing The advanced button no longer works So I head to the run command and bring up the Device Manager to enable that way Display Adapter is gone completely I even did a walkthrough to enable from the display Device Manager I try all the boot modes my BIOS has no area for graphics settings Safe with out command sticks at mup sys The other modes leave me black screened I go back in try to install basic and NVidia drivers from a CDRom with Narrator s help again Still says no hardware for NVidia found and the other kept erroring out Here s the quirks I have no Win CD I just got it Ma trashed the disc when I took the laptop and it s XP Home which meant I needed to burn a disc before it died Even so it seems the Recovery solution hasn t worked in the very limited info I ve been Googling for the last hours Display adapter is completely missing Advanced button in the desktop settings doesn t go anywhere I would install my copy of Win XP Pro to get it going but from again the limited info this does not fix the problem either Is the only solution at this point to completely reformat with my own Win XP From there it still seems that the drivers never worked with XP even though HP says they do Am I stuck forever in cheesy blur mode if I stick with XP Thanks in advance hopefully there s some more detailed advice here than what I ve been able to find nbsp

A:HP Pavillion 6000 display gone. Disabled driver, now no recognition of ANY graphics

it seams to me what you need to to do is reinstall windows vista and then go from there, if you have some money then go buy windows 7

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-6000-display-gone-disabled-driver-now-no-recognition-of-any-graphics.140595/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi

I recently reinstalled windows xp on my ibm t43 but now I can't connect to the Internet. I've tried everything I know which is very little, but I can't find the wireless conection that is in my house.

I'm in need of some help... Please

A:Can't connect to Internet after reinstalling Microsoft XP

Hi Speedracer :wave:

I am not a mod, but
Welcome to :grinthumb

When I arrived, one of the Mods welcomed me with these helpful hints.

You should read how to post a new thread in this Guide.

Before posting you should read all the Posting Guidelines.

To access technical support you may go to the Forums.

Many users like to post system specs in their Profile.
System Specs are always helpful when you seek support, (see the first two suggestions).
And helpers may ask that you post some of your specs in your thread.

You can access many other online TechSpot guides Here.

Enjoy your Stay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-internet-after-reinstalling-microsoft-xp.139114/
Relevancy 10.75%

I did a fresh install of Linux Fedora and discovered that this new version of Fedora doesn t like my Nvidia GeForce GTX graphics card I tried numerous installation techniques but they failed every time I scoured the forums for answers but no single answer would work Finally I rearranged the steps from a graphics Linux card Installation on of Nvidia SOLVED Fedora 12 couple of different forums and it worked If you re having trouble getting your Nvidia card installed in Fedora then give this a try Let me know if it works Nvidia Driver Install for Fedora Edit the boot grub grub conf file using Gedit Open a Terminal Window Login as Installation of Nvidia graphics card on Linux Fedora 12 SOLVED superuser enter quot su quot at the command prompt and press Enter You ll be prompted for your password Type it in and press Enter Paste Installation of Nvidia graphics card on Linux Fedora 12 SOLVED gedit boot grub grub conf into command prompt and then press Enter Find the kernel line in the grub conf file It will say something like kernel vmlinuz- - local fc x Installation of Nvidia graphics card on Linux Fedora 12 SOLVED ro root UUID XXX rhgb quiet After the word quiet paste nouveau modeset Save and close the grub conf file At the Terminal prompt paste setsebool -P allow execstack on and press enter At the Terminal prompt paste yum --enablerepo rp g install kmod-nvidia uname -m xorg-x -drv-nvidia-libs i xorg-x -drv-nvidia-libs x Exit all instances of Terminal Reboot Well that s what worked for me I m running Fedora in x screen resolution using my Nvidia GeForce GTX card It looks great Hope this works for you too Best of luck Stevizard nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installation-of-nvidia-graphics-card-on-linux-fedora-12-solved.138392/
Relevancy 20.21%

I am new to Exchange Server 2003 and I have a friend with a network server that I don't know how to re-establish a user to the network. I moved one of his non used computers to this station and now when I try to log in the user I get the error that the name can't be verified because Outlook is not connected or online. This computer used to be online with a different user. Can anyone tell me the steps to check this? Thanks.

A:Outlook not connected in Microsoft Exchange Server

You would benefit from the server handbook or an outlook manual... too much to explain here in usable terms, methinks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-not-connected-in-microsoft-exchange-server.137647/
Relevancy 35.69%

I have read all the posts and ordered a new inverter. It was actually very easy to change the inverter, but alas. After changing the inverter the screen still goes 'black' after a few minutes. It actually goes very very dim. I can barely see the outline of things on the screen. So, if the inverter was not the problem, what is the next thing I can try?

A:Dell Inspiron 6000 Screen Goes Black

Have you tried running an external monitor? Is it normal or does it go dim too?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-6000-screen-goes-black.134979/
Relevancy 35.26%

I have a dell inspiron 6000 adapter light went off, wife saiid dogs jerked it out running thru the house. got new adapter, adapter lights up, pc does nothing when power button pushed, no lights nothing. The battery has not held charge for some time. But it worked before with the same battery, so I am confused. I tore it apart after reading about magnet sensor problem, and that was a msitake as my pc does not seem to even have that same part as mentioned in the post. Any suggestions are appreciated for this newbie. I will be getting a new pc for self, but would like to keep this one for the kids.

A:Dell Inspiron 6000 wont turn on / power up

When the dogs jerked out the AC adapter, this probably broke the DC jack from the motherboard. This can be repaired, but you "tore it apart", maybe causing more damage

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-6000-wont-turn-on-power-up.134135/
Relevancy 10.75%

I would just like to revisit one of the posts from yesteryear Entitled Raid Problems and Essential Data Recovery I had a major problem with my HD discs after my motherboard blew When I replaced my motherboard due to the bios not being configured Data Raid Essential Problems 0 solved Recovery and to know how my Raid drives operated I thought I d lost it all - and so did everyone on these forums and my friends BUT after a little use of common sense and hope I got it all back and I did it all by myself Here s the basics I got a cheap IDE HD disc drive I stuck it into my motherboard as the master drive with my Raid ones as they were in the raid slots didn t matter which way round I installed Windows on the IDE drive I bought some software like Runtime Raid Reconstructor I ran that software It detected the Raid drives even though windows couldn t I asked it to perform a configuration test It completed the test and opened my drives I used an external drive to remove Raid 0 Problems and Essential Data Recovery solved all stored data off the Raid drives I eventually removed the IDE drive and formatted the Raid drives ready for a standard configuration and Windows Install I put all my files back Raid 0 Problems and Essential Data Recovery solved on to the Raid drives from my external JOB DONE Now I ain t no tech head right BUT I understood that the concept of openning Raid drives in RAID requires two bits of information Block size Drive priority ie which is first second Any Raid reconstruction software will work out through trail and error what the configuration is of your drives so you can get your data off This isn t a tech heads version of what to do but I was stuck for months last year thinking I d lost it all I of course won the battle and punched the air a fair number of times Hope this helps any of you out there in the troblesome Raid land nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-0-problems-and-essential-data-recovery-solved.134378/
Relevancy 34.83%

I recently had my Dell Inspiron reformatted by a friend of mine Upon returning it to me I found that the only way that I could turn my laptop was to push the play pause button on my media strip located below mouse pad This was an accidental finding and my friend has no idea why A couple items of notice also Upon starting my computer out turn Dell on button will only Inspiron play/pause with 6000 of hibernation there is a screen that Dell Inspiron 6000 will only turn on with play/pause button displays for a few seconds that states Dell Media Direct This has never shown up before My icon lights the icons for caps lock num lock and scroll lock do not work like they used to Everything else seems to be working just fine I still have to install some other programs that I had on before but nothing out of the Dell Inspiron 6000 will only turn on with play/pause button ordinary I think My thoughts are that he may have installed a Windows media type O S or that maybe perhaps there is a specific driver for the power button icon strip to function Any thoughts nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-6000-will-only-turn-on-with-play-pause-button.134094/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello I recently bought and installed the Flight Simulator X Acceleration Pack X Flight Simulator Microsoft in my laptop but when I play it I have a poor performance such as low FPS and chopped gameplay so I have weather scenary and traffic in very low but Microsoft Flight Simulator X for the resolution Microsoft Flight Simulator X it is the same for my computer to use a low one x than the higher one x Does anybody know how I can fix it My laptop has the following specification Acer Aspire Z OS Windows Vista bit with DirectX Processor Intel Pentium dual-core T GHz MHz FSB MB L Cache GB RAM BG HDD Video Card MB Mobile Intel Graphic Media Accelerator X Chipset Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Controller Version I am not sure if it is because it uses a lot of CPU resources or if it is because of the processor or the Video Card I have other games as Age of Empires and it has a high performance even if guns are firing Thanks nbsp

A:Microsoft Flight Simulator X

Everybody complains about this. I think the program is a resource from the jump.

Now FS2004, that will run great on anything. And it doesn't have to be activated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-flight-simulator-x.131939/
Relevancy 10.75%

I want to put this up just encase anyone had the same problem I did and if I remember correctly there were a few people that posted the same problem on other forums The problem When I ran anything very graphically intensive like crysis furmark or when I ran a game without vsync on my PC would crash and I would just see lines on the screen or just see blackness 4850 Crashing problem solved I even got a replacement for my card and they said it was faulty and sent me a new one but it still happened just less often Solution In your bios set the pcie frequency to not auto How came to this conclusion I had just helped my friend build a PC for the first time and he had done a lot of research and as we were overclocking his CPU he mentioned that he heard you should set the pcie frequency on your motherboard to not auto or it will overclock itself during intense graphics After I had a few more crashes I remembered him mentioning this 4850 Crashing problem solved so I tried it and no more crashing not even in furmark So thanks to him I don t have to worry about crysis cashing anymore and I can finally overclock nbsp

A:4850 Crashing problem solved

Hey thanks for posting this!
I have the same videocard 4850 and it gave the same problems and i didn't know why.
Thanks for posting this (I thought i was the only one).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/4850-crashing-problem-solved.131682/
Relevancy 20.64%

I am connected to a network domain. When I go to My network places>Entire Network>Microsoft Windows Network>Domain I can see all networked computers when I am wired in but when I connect wirelessly I cannot. I use a "Wireless access point" connected to my firewall router. I have tried disabling the wireless firewall and assigning a static IP. I am logged into the domain but the only way to can view the other computers on the network is to connect through a wired connection. I'm thinking it has to be a setting in my Wireless router but I cannot figure it out.

A:Viewing Microsoft windows network

Hi

when you connect via the wire, and via wireless is the ip address,subnet and default gateway in the same range ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/viewing-microsoft-windows-network.131090/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi dose any have any suggestion or ideas? I have my laptop for 2 years, in was left on for 5 hours without me using I left it on the internet, when I got around to using it if freezed on me, so I had to swich it off from the button as I was unable to shut it down! I turn it back on the power light come on I can hear the fan for a short while then it switch it self off, dose any one know what could be wrong with it?

regards
Golden

A:HP Compaq NC 6000 laptop will not boot up

Remove the battery and the AC adapter, then hold down the power button on the laptop for 30 seconds. Reattach the AC adapter and try booting the laptop

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-compaq-nc-6000-laptop-will-not-boot-up.124776/
Relevancy 20.64%

I noticed when I turned on my computer today it said it was unable to install some drivers. I look in my device manager and it has the yellow exclamation mark by the following:

Microsoft 6to4 Adapter
Microsoft 6to4 Adapter #2
Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #5

My system is a Dell XPS 630i on Vista 32bit home premium.

I immediately went to the Dell site and installed all the latest drivers and the bios as well but this did not fix the problem.

I am able to connect to the internet. Is this a problem and if so can somone wizard help me troubleshoot it?

Cheers in advance

A:Microsoft 6to4 adapter

Delete these drivers in the Device Manager and restart your system. See if Vista reinstalls these automatically

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-6to4-adapter.126383/
Relevancy 20.64%

My Microsoft Habu mouse freezes when at some game servers, I play mainly DFX and in some servers where plenty of action is going on, the "nice" mouse freezes for several seconds, about 5 to 10 seconds....specially if I swirl it.

My PC is home built with an Intel Q6750, 22 inches samsung lcd monitor, G 15 Logitech KB, 4 G memory Mushkin, GForce 280 Video card, nfORCE 780I MOBO,Thermaltake 750 PSU, several fans and a V1 cpu cooler. I run Windows XP Pro 32.

Any idea why this is happening, the driver version is 2.12 and firmware is 2.03 on the mouse. I am about to dump it to the garbage can, any suggestion about a real good and reliable mouse, cost is no issue...

Tks

A:Microsoft Habu mouse troubles

Go with a moderately priced Logitec gaming mouse

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-habu-mouse-troubles.123378/
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi I know a good amount about computers but i have almost no knowledge about audio cards I m currently running a Dell Inspiron and have full factory default hardware and settings its a dell many personal problems with dell so i don t mess with them anymore One day my volume controls quot disappeared quot so i rebooted my comp and they still weren t there so i uninstalled my audio driver and rebooted then reinstalled the driver with another problems Solved: Sigmatel audio Major card with reboot Nothing So i repeated this process times installing from the CD provided by Dell and times from dell com Still nothing I then decided to do an operating system repair Took over hours and got to the Windows XP Boot screen the one with the XP symbol right in the center durring pc boot up and it said quot Please Wait quot Sat like that for hours So I turned off my comp and rebooted it Everything works but the audio still After the Solved: Major problems with Sigmatel audio card quot repair quot i tried twice from the CD and twice from dell com and still nothing I don t know if its my sound card or just faulty downloads Please help nbsp

A:Solved: Major problems with Sigmatel audio card

Please confirm all your Dell drivers are updated from visiting this thread: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic100658.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solved-major-problems-with-sigmatel-audio-card.117340/
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi all I googled looking for solutions to problems recovering a Compaq Presario computer and found a link here so I thought I would post a possible solution I have stumbled across Make sure the system you are recovering has been restored to FACTORY SPECS That means removing anything that wasn t in it when it was new PC Name Recovery solved problems brand I just tried to restore a Name brand PC Recovery problems solved Compaq Presario SR AN with a new hard drive in it from a new set of HP supplied recovery disks I got one error after another with problems copying files to the Name brand PC Recovery problems solved hard drive I got as Name brand PC Recovery problems solved far as a reported of the installation before I was forced to stop It reported problems copying Driver CAB and Base INP I managed to get Driver Cab installed by putting in a recovery disk from a different set but no way could I get Base INP to work After suggestions from HP that the Motherboard wasn t plugged in WTF I tried dismantling the machine and reseating the CPU that I had previously removed in cleaning and reseating the undisturbed DVD IDE cable and the HDD IDE cable I also removed the extra MB of RAM that the customer had installed to take the system from the factory supplied up to I then re-ran the recovery process with absolutely no problems I believe there was no problem with the seating of the cables or CPU I believe the main problem with the system was that the recovery process baulked when it discovered more RAM than HP had installed and would not continue I know next time I have to recover an HP Compaq or other brand OEM system I will be ensuring that the system is COMPLETELY back to FACTORY SPEC nbsp

A:Name brand PC Recovery problems solved

I take it that the extra 256Meg of Ram did not originally come from HP
I'm not sure if that's relevant or not, but even same rating Ram (but different manufacture) has been known to cause issues (ie best to use exactly the same Ram cards always)

I was discussing a similar matter earlier on here: Windows will not boot with more than 2gb of ram (although the emphasis in that thread was the 2Gig max, before installing Windows, and strangeness of having increased ram in a system)

Either way, thanks for your post, it was interesting to note this issue (and likely cause)
Many times during a Setup fault, I have advised members to remove extra Ram cards and try again. It may be that the originally recorded Ram (under re-imaging) may be the answer (on some computers that may have Setup problems) Sadly you would need to test this issue on 10 similar, same spec, computers to really confirm. Or contact HP technical support, or possibly their tech forum, to ask of others experiences.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/name-brand-pc-recovery-problems-solved.121467/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hello all First time posting here This looks like a strong community and I hope somebody can help me I ve got an Inspiron that is several years old and has never given me any major trouble until last night It s a Pentium M with Gigs ram on two modules - MB that came with it and a Gig module that I added a couple of years ago It runs Ubuntu Linux power 6000 up Inspiron Help! won't Dell I was watching a movie and using firefox when it simply shut down And I don t mean went dead - it actually shut down quickly but gracefully X clearly died first and then the rest of the OS went down much faster Help! Dell Inspiron 6000 won't power up than normal but not just a total power failure When I turned it over it was very hot on the bottom so I figure it overheated It s never done it before but I haven t blown the dust out of it in a while Now it won t turn on at all The test button on the battery shows a full charge and the AC adapter light functions normally but pressing the power button does nothing It s had about hours to cool now so I know it s not still hot Any ideas What should I check and how do I check it Thanks for your help -Mark Help! Dell Inspiron 6000 won't power up nbsp

A:Help! Dell Inspiron 6000 won't power up

Have a look here: Tutorial: No POST (Power On Self Test)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-dell-inspiron-6000-wont-power-up.120939/
Relevancy 10.75%

Of late I found my desktop PC crashing now and then. The situation was getting worse by the day and it was becoming frustrating to use the PC.

I opened the box and got my fingers dirty, so before I looked further I decided to blow out all the dust with a vacuum cleaner. Loads of dust billowed out. I would recommend holding the CPU fan blades so that it does not spin uncontrollably.

After the dust clean up, the PC is working great and no unwanted crashes. I guess the dust was preventing the cooling of the CPU.

A:WinXP constant crashes solved

Thanks for the info

I stated similar fixes, and other common power up fixes here:Tutorial: No POST (Power On Self Test)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/winxp-constant-crashes-solved.120934/
Relevancy 20.64%

when i try to change the font in excel or word it freezes and then crashes. but it doesn't do this with power point or one note. i have reinstalled it, deleted the normal.dot thing but nothing seems to work. and yes i have done the Microsoft diagnostics but it says that it should be working fine. so it would be nice if some 1 knew why this happens and how to fix it

A:Microsoft Word 07 freezes

any 1? come on there must be some 1 that has had this happen to them and know a fix for this

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-word-07-freezes.119814/
Relevancy 36.12%

I Inspiron Dell POSTing not 6000 got an inspiron from a friend who said it would not boot I found the cause which was one of the USB ports was missing the little plastic spacer and shorted out whenever something was plugged into it It worked fine for a couple weeks when that USB port was not used One day I was using it and it died and a little smoke came out the right Dell Inspiron 6000 not POSTing grille Now when I try to power it up the Caps Num Scroll lock lights come on and after about seconds it shuts down again There is no video and seemingly the fan does not work but the hard drive spins up It does this on both battery fully charged according to the lights and AC power I drained the power and took out the CMOS battery for a day as suggested in the No POST tutorial but it still will not boot As a little experiment nothing changes when the RAM is removed I disassembled it and nothing seems to be toasted I suspect a dead mobo but I want to confirm this EDIT Would the Dell BIOS choke on a dead fan It actually has been about months since Dell Inspiron 6000 not POSTing it started and I just now dragged it out I m thinking that the fan could have blown up and that would be the cause of it not spinning nbsp

A:Dell Inspiron 6000 not POSTing

This is usually kimsland's job, but here is the no post tutorial.
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic113137.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-6000-not-posting.119207/
Relevancy 35.26%

well i am new to the site and want to know... that what kind of video card that well fit my computer.... it a Compaq presario 6000..

thanks
-chris

A:What kind of a graphics card for Compaq Presario 6000?

Hello and Welcome to Techspot!!

I couldn't find much info about your computer.
Open it, and take a look at the mobo (motherboard ), if you see only slots like these, you only have standard PCI slots:

If you see a slot like this brown one (not necessarily brown, can be another color), then you have an AGP slot:

If you're lucky enough, and have a long slot like this one, you have a PCI-Express slot:

What kind of slot do you have?
If you've only have standard PCI slots, check this great thread by Vnf4ultra:
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic51437.html

Regards :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-kind-of-a-graphics-card-for-compaq-presario-6000.60674/
Relevancy 20.64%

We have a new WSUS server running WSUS 3.0 sp1 on Windows Server 2008. I'm new to this so I was wondering if anybody would know it's it's capability be to deploy non-Microsoft installs and upgrades. I'm specificially thinking about Adobe products (mostly Adobe Acrobat). We will need to upgrade all of the computers on our network from version Acrobat 8 to version 9 pretty soon. Will there be a way to do that? Will there be a way to deploy updates when they come out? Or just one or the other? Is that pretty much up to the individual vendor? Do they have to make a special package that we put on the server? Or can we make one ourselves? Would that be hard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wsus-for-non-microsoft-products.119548/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello i am new to this forum so please excuse my ignorance I bought a Microsoft Lifecam VX- quite a while ago So after Installing the product successfully I get a message to connect the webcam The little bubble pops up in the bottom right hand corner and what comes up is the following message Found New VX-3000 Problems Microsoft Lifecam Hardware A problem occured during hardware installation Your new hardware might not work properly So after I got that message I did the next logical step Uninstall and Reinstall After going through everything I still get the error message Next I check and see if Microsoft Lifecam VX-3000 Problems there is new software on the Microsoft website for this product Luckily for me there was So I go ahead and download and install it LifeCam exe but unfortunatley it still doesnt work So i go into Control Panel to add new hardware but that comes up with the error message Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware The driver may be corrupted or missing Code I also took it to a relatives house to try it on there computer and to my horror it worked perfectly So it must be something to do with my computer Any useful help is appreciated nbsp

A:Microsoft Lifecam VX-3000 Problems

If no one can help me with my problem, can anyone point me in the right direction on where I can resolve it. (Other than Microsoft Customer Support that is, that's definitely a last resort).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-lifecam-vx-3000-problems.118681/
Relevancy 36.12%

Creating my first new thread here as a new member and was not aware of not supposed to reply to VERY old threads. Kinda like punishing a child for stepping in dog poo who isnt your child.... Other than that I like the terms and conditions.

Ok onto my question.

Is a PC using DDR2 - 800 memory really that much faster than DDR2 - 533?

I noticed I cant really overclock my AINOS in the bios very much with such low rated memory.

A:AMD 6000, Asus M2N32 SLI tweaks

Yes I have removed many of your posts, ie in reply to 2005 thread?

Creating my first new thread here as a new memberClick to expand...

What about your other new thread: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic117373.html

As for your question here, you probably won't see the difference that much, but I'd always say go for the faster Ram, if you have a choice, why not anyway!

And I see a new thread here too: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic117386.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-6000-asus-m2n32-sli-tweaks.117384/
Relevancy 10.75%

I have had my gateway desktop computer for years now and recently had to have someone come fix some sticky issues with it It involved partially reinstalling the OS after are Media problems solved on troubles Keyboard OS Key PS/2 or something along the lines where Media Key troubles on PS/2 Keyboard after OS problems are solved the OS CD was involved It s XP by the way Everything seemed to be working fine except when I went to use my iTunes program The problem is with my keyboard a PS keyboard whose brand I am unsure of as it s the keyboard that originally came with the computer I ve been using iTunes for years now and the media keys on my keyboard play pause stop foward back ect have always functioned with it I could go through playlists just fine by simply hitting the keyboard buttons However after this issue that required messing with the OS I found that my media keys won t work with iTunes An error message pops up and says quot There is no CD in the drive Please insert an audio CD VCD or DVD and try again quot I have NEVER gotten this message before now Is there a way to adjust my settings for my keyboard to work with iTunes again either via iTunes itself or something else Thanks nbsp

A:Media Key troubles on PS/2 Keyboard after OS problems are solved

Try reinstalling iTunes!! Or get a USB keyboard, theres a link i will post you but your gonna hav to be a little patient as i cant send you that link until i have five posts here lol

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/media-key-troubles-on-ps-2-keyboard-after-os-problems-are-solved.115870/
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi there,
Can anyone help me? I'm quite desperate here.
I'm having problem with my keyboard/USB.
When I press any key on the keyboard, that instant all USB devices are disconnected. And soon after I unpress it, the system will detect all USB devices like they were just plugged in. I say all USB devices, cause it doesn't matter USB mouse or USB drive, they all get disconnected.
It's frustrating me cause I can't use a USB mouse.
Please help

I'm using a Lenovo 3000 N100 0689GRA.

A:Solved: Pressing key disconnects USB Lenovo 3000 N100 0689GRA

How many USB ports does that have? and what are connecting them. If you could also please look in your event viewer (Start>control panel>administrative tools>eventviewer, and check the "SYSTEM" area. double click any item in that list for a detailed description. You should see some errors.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solved-pressing-key-disconnects-usb-lenovo-3000-n100-0689gra.73059/
Relevancy 19.78%

I currently have a pc that was windows 2000 that is now not working. I recently put a new hard drive into the pc and it currently store all my music (itunes) and document flies. I would like to if it is possible to take the hard drive out and connect it to my other computer externally. The only other issue is the other computer is running on vista. Is it possible to do this?

A:Can I make my internal HD external and I change the type of microsoft it runs with?

Yes, you can take that hard drive out of the 2k machine and read it just fine in Vista. What you can't do is take your OS drive from 2k and boot another machine with it, but I don't think that is what you were asking.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-make-my-internal-hd-external-and-i-change-the-type-of-microsoft-it-runs-with.114513/
Relevancy 36.12%

When I press the power button, absolutely nothing happens. No lights, no sounds, no display. The adaptor lights up, but once I plug it into the laptop, it goes out. I've tried removing and re-inserting the battery, which should be charged up, but nothing happens. Does anyone know if this could be a hardware or power supply problem or something else? My warranty has expired, but I'd rather not have to take it to a repair shop. Any help would be very much appreciated!

A:Dell Inspiron 6000 won't turn on?

Have a look here: Tutorial: No POST (Power On System Test)

Here is another tutorial: Tutorial: NO POST / Power General troublshooting

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-6000-wont-turn-on.113466/
Relevancy 36.55%

I was just wondering if the AMD 6000 would be compatible with the Arctic 64 pro which can be found here :
http://www.microdirect.co.uk/(11432)Arctic-Cooling-Freezer-64-Pro---AMD-64-upto.aspx

A:AMD 6000 mobo compability

It should work... go for it!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-6000-mobo-compability.112304/
Relevancy 18.06%

Ok, so i got kinda a blue screen yeah . I tried to start a video chat on msn, well the computer decided not to like that. Anyway, now i get this message every time i try to install my sound drivers

"Microsoft bus should be loaded into your system before installing realteck HD audio driver"

My mobo

Using onboard sound.

Googled, read, looked around, ran windows repair, help? pls? thanks guys

A:Microsoft bus should be loaded into your system.... "error"

after googleing, i found 2 potential solutions:

Right click on My Computer, go to Properties, Hardware Tab, Device Manager. Look for any yellow bubbles next to the devices. If you see any, right click on it and click install driver. Select the option to find the drivers yourself, the next screen should allow you to browse and navigate to that folder. If the drivers still don't install then go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com in IE and get any hardware updates you can get. The MS bus driver might be an update you need to get.Click to expand...

I installed WinXP once more, installed SP2 and then the Sound Driver.
Again it didnt work.
(DAMMIT!)

Then I remembered that i actually had changed a sound card setting in the bios. (No i did not diasble the soundcard )

The case i have installed this Mboard in has a front pannel.
And the Mboard has a front panel connector.

To connect the front pannel I had turned to the manual to get the rigtht pins set up.
The manual states on page 2-31 that:
"The default setting for this connector is legacy AC'97 audio, if you want to use the High Definition (Azalia) audio features, set the AC97 & Azalia Link A in the BIOS to Azalia."

Well this case does not use a high-definition audio front panel, so of course i had diasbled the Azalia Link i Bios.
(It was enabled in the Bios even when the manual said that the default setting was AC'97, ow well ... )

For "fun" i just tried to put it back to the setting it was when i installed the Mboard (Azalia), and then, bingo, the sound card worked in windows.Click to expand...

seems like a very rare problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-bus-should-be-loaded-into-your-system-error.50870/
Relevancy 20.64%

Lots of valuable information in that file I'd like to access. I was able to create a new Outlook file in safe mode so I guess the program is OK.

It was suggested to me recently the cause may have been due to me having Microsoft Service Pack 1 at the time. I had not updated to Service Pak 2 (which I now believe has been updated to Service Pak 3). Has anyone had experience with this and, if so, do you think there's a chance that if I update my Service Pak that I might still have a chance of recovering the data I had in my original Outlook file?

A:Still unable to open Microsoft Outlook

I dont think just upgrading to service pack 3 would do any good.

May be you need some more luck there.

Hope you get the help you need

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/still-unable-to-open-microsoft-outlook.110662/
Relevancy 20.64%

Been trying to solve problems with my graphics card for ages think i've finally found it

in IRQs i have about 100
"Microsoft ACPI compliant system"

why do i need so many?

is this a error?

i was hoping someone would know something about these and why i have so many.

just got me worried when the list appeared with loads of them on,

system specs:-

OS: Running vista ultimate 64bit & XP Home with 2 Hardrives
Case: Coolermaster Black NVIDIA Edition Stacker 830
Power: CM Realpower 850W Modular PSU
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme Edition QX6850 3.0ghz Kentsfield
Motherbaord: Asus Extreme Sriker II 780i
Controllers: Scythe Kama-Meter Multi Functional Controller
Memory: Corsair 2GB DDR2 XMS2 Dominator PC2-8500C5 TwinX
Drive: ASUS DRW-2014L1T DVD±/RW DRIVE
Storage: 2 x Samsung SpinPoint T 160GB SATA-II
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic 7.1 Sound Card
Graphics: 512MB BFG Tech 8800GTS

hope someone can help.

A:Microsoft ACPI compliant system? too many?

That is not a normal thing imo.

In Bios;

Make sure your Advanced setting for Plug and Play OS is set to Yes.

Then, under Power, set the ACPI APIC Support to Disabled for now.

Boot and see what, if anything, changes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-acpi-compliant-system-too-many.109509/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello,
I just bought a Razer Reclusa keyboard and the only problem I'm having is that it does not "power up" so to speak until after post. If I needed to get into the BIOS I could press [del] a million times and nothing would happen. Once windows starts up, it works fine. Is this just the way the keyboard is? I'd appreciate any info.
Thanks.

A:Microsoft Razer Reclusa Keyboard

Haven't looked up that keyboard, but I think I know what it is (the fix) anyway.

You need to get into your BIOS (with another keyboard, ideally PS/2 if you have the connection)
Then set Enable for USB Keyboard/Mouse support

I think that may be a bit of a mind teaser to do, but I'm sure you'll work it out

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-razer-reclusa-keyboard.109352/
Relevancy 10.75%

So i bought my new 2 sea gate drives,and as before like i said the previous hds was randomly getting dced etc,now when i bought the new drives worked great then started to do the same thing as the previous drives,not being picked up in bios etc,then i decided to change the plug in my ultra x3 800 watt psu to a molex to sata connection,that worked picking up the hds no problem,

so does it sound like a wire issue or the psu giving the issue?cause as soon as i switched it to the molex to sata instead of the other sata connect in the utra x3 which uses different wires and different ports it worked.

a waste of 184 but i got better hds and i can just sell the 2 500 gig wd drives i got

A:SATA problem solved but a bit concerned

Ok yes it does seem like a faulty Power Supply

Also you should have just replied to your original thread: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic107883.html
Instead of making this new one.

But oh well !

Anyway, if the molex do not cause any issue, then you could continue with them
I wish you had tried that before. I didn't suggest it, because it is uncommon (very uncommon), especially with two !

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-problem-solved-but-a-bit-concerned.108143/
Relevancy 35.69%

I have a Dell and can say I have left it on for long periods of time, sometimes until the power is drained and it shuts down. Recently I have noticed the power slowing down as I have fully charged it multiple times. It used to max out at 2 hours but has slowly made it's way to 20 minutes. I also found myself recentlyangling the AC cord in the back to keep a steady charge. The cord became harder to connect over time as well. Before you know it my CPU was dead but my AC power cord remained green. Is there a chance my battery is dead and needs replaced or I need a better AC pwer cord Connection. Or could it be something worse?

A:Dell Inspiron 6000 battery power

The DC Jack (where you plug in the AC adapter) may be broken inside the laptop. The battery may also be worn out

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-6000-battery-power.108057/
Relevancy 35.69%

Good evening all i have a big and in my case never encountered problem This is a Dell Inspiron from The following devices all have a yellow sign and say quot This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use Code quot the devices are - Broadcom x - Intel PRO wireless GB - Ricoh R RL C II or Compatible Cardbus controller problems device 6000 Inspiron manager - SDA Standard Complant SD host controller - and OHCI compliant IEEE I Host controller I took reformatting as a last Inspiron 6000 device manager problems resort after trying everything from uninstalling the drivers trying the windows troubleshooter which of course is a complete waste of time But then i bumped into the biggest problem when ever i press a key on the keyboard during the POST the computer freezes so i cant even get to the BIOS or select a boot device which makes it impossible to do a reformat Anyway help would be truly appreciated Any other info or questions please ask My years of experience has finnally met a challenge nbsp

A:Inspiron 6000 device manager problems

Do this at your own risk, but it has worked for me. Go to Device Manager, delete everything with a yellow sign. Do not restart. Then go to control panel, add hardeware, and follow the instructions. If you are using XP it will restore them.

Hope this helps? If they do not work know, nothing lost.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/inspiron-6000-device-manager-problems.107822/
Relevancy 20.64%

Well I was in the market Zune Microsoft 30GB for a new mp player as I broke my old Creative Zen MicroPhoto and ended up buying a Zune on ebay they are not actually available for sale in stores in Australia First Microsoft Zune 30GB off I was expecting a much larger box for it to arive in I was kind of suprised that it was as small as it was not that its really small though The layout of the box is kinda neat though Headphones that came with it are pretty good for default earbuds they also are magnetic and have small little clips on the back so you can clip together back to back Nifty and rather handy I have found Video quality is very nice for an mp player I think Although I dont use it for video just music I have watched the little videos that came on it I thought they were very nice quality It has WiFi novelty maybe but not a feature I really care about and think I will ever use Interface looks nice and performs well although I do prefer the interface of my old Zen MicroPhoto I am dissapointed that you cant use the device as a portable hard drive I have read that you can do a couple of changes to your windows registry and it will show up as a portable hard drive But I dont really care about this I have flash drives that are sufficient for my portable storage needs Its not perfect and has no extraordinary features but If you are in the market for a mp player and don t like iPods as I do consider a Zune If anyone has any questions about the Zune I will be happy to help you as best I can nbsp

A:Microsoft Zune 30GB

Did it come with the new firmware ? When the second generation of Zune players came out, it was officially possible to upgrade old Zune players to the second generation firmware.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-zune-30gb.101363/
Relevancy 20.21%

I have a ATI Radeon 9200 AGP graphics card however it only has hardware acceleration when i install Microsofts drivers. When i install the ATI Catylist drivers then dxidag shows accelaration greyed out. I have an AGP 3.0 slot.
Is there a specific driver that i am suppose to install as this card was given to me second hand?
What could be the cause of this?

A:ATI Radeon 9200 only works with Microsoft drivers

Fully uninstall the ATI program
You may also use the ATI uninstall program to be very thorough.

Download the most up to date ATI program(drivers) for your card
Re-install and test again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-radeon-9200-only-works-with-microsoft-drivers.102930/
Relevancy 35.69%

I plug in the power chord and try to swithch on the laptop.
3 light's on the laptop turn on for 3 seconds and then nothing .Nothing comes on the console is all black.
I have tried switching on without battery, without ram and nothing _> same light on the laptop comes on for 3-04 seconds and nothing after that.
Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thanks All

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-6000-wont-turn-on.102470/
Relevancy 36.12%

Need omnibook 6000 bios password.....the hash code is 03312.
I been searching all over the web.

Thanks to all out there!

A:Need HP omnibook 6000 bios password

wrong forum.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-hp-omnibook-6000-bios-password.102200/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello guys I just purchassed a laptop HP Pavilion dv cl Entertainment Notebook PC After the very first thing I did opening it from the box and setting it to Cannot only Microsoft connect sites up I tried to connect on the internet I found Cannot connect only to Microsoft sites that Cannot connect only to Microsoft sites all Microsoft related sites refused to connect and of course Windows Update too I am able to connect to Google Yahoo and some other sites but as I said cannot connect to Microsoft IE shows website found Loading but it never does I struggled to fix this issue by going to HP support site thinking to update Ethernet drivers and so but all in vain I also tried to use a couple of drivers from NVIDIA s site but it was helpless The other thing is that at HP Drivers and Support site my hardware does not match For this specific model there is provided software for the hardware that is not present in my l-top For instance bluetooth is not present in my l-top and when I downloaded the Network driver and tried to apply the update an error message was displayed as no bluetooth device is present on the system which aborted the further installation I also have different type of Optical Drive I tried to contact HP Online Support but it kept showing connecting without ever finishing it To this writing I am not in the States and also when I set up the l-top for the first time I was out of US if it does make any difference I know that nothing is wrong with my ISP because I can connect another PC and the network works just fine I really need help in this matter AMD Athlon x TK- Mother Board manufacturer QUANTA MODEL CF CHIPSET NVIDIA nForce Rev Graphics NVIDIA GeForce Go M nbsp

A:Cannot connect only to Microsoft sites

what operating system did you install?
did you also install a firewall program or any other "freeware" utilities for internet security and stuff?
did you try a different browser such as firefox?

please post back
mscrx

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-connect-only-to-microsoft-sites.100680/
Relevancy 35.69%

Howdie Fixing this Inspiron for a friend Screen went black awhile ago so can just barely see the quot pattern quot of the wording Inspiron hd screen, blue read can't 6000, but when it boots in any mode it ends up Inspiron 6000, blue screen, can't read hd with a blue screen error but it s not clear enough to read Took the hd out and hooked it to my laptop through an enclosure My XP through computer management only can see the drive with the correct size etc but drive letter Explorer can Inspiron 6000, blue screen, can't read hd only see a small partition about mg that has some extraneous files and one folder named Dell The o s and data reside on the main partition which can t be accessed Also hidden is the Dell recovery partition I tried partition magic and about data recovery programs and none can see the o s partition From posts on the Inspiron 6000, blue screen, can't read hd net I get the impression that I should be able to see the partition by using my computer Anyone with a little insight for me Thanks Steve nbsp

A:Inspiron 6000, blue screen, can't read hd

Do you get a bright, clear view when you boot to SAFE MODE (cold boot then press the <F8> key repeatedly once per second after you press the on button), as that bypasses a lot of potential video graphics problems.
Reporting what you get in SAFE MODE helps us get a bit closer to a fix.
It can be a hard drive, video graphics driver, LCD screen inverter burned out (a likely cause), and some other issues.
Also, is your Inspiron 6000 a Celeron or Pentium? What is the age, and what has been the usage, of the hard drive?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/inspiron-6000-blue-screen-cant-read-hd.101072/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hello,

J have got a problem with my Hp omnibook 6000

My hash code is 08958 - could you give me password?

Please help me R E M Z I B I

Many thanks

A:HP omnibook 6000 HASH CODE

Read this:
http://www.cgsecurity.org/cmospwd.txt

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-omnibook-6000-hash-code.91484/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi guys, nice site ^__________^

I am wondering, what's the max temp on an amd athlon x2 6000+ ?

When I play games, it easily go 55 degrees celcius (i've clicked alt f4 when i reach 55..), and SpeedFan shows a logo of a fire when it's in 50 degrees so i turn all games down.

is it safe to play in 55-57 degrees?

I have the BTF95 cooler (passive) from ZEROtherm.

btw i haven't overclocked.

A:AMD Athlon X2 6000+ AM2 temp.

Yes LMAO. This is with stock cooler? than thats awesome. Withmy old stock cooler on my X2 5000+ overclocked to 2.9GHz I ran Prime95 and it almost hit 80C and was still perfectly stable, although it raised room temperatures quite a bit (in the high 35+C). Don't know what games ran at but I'm guessing well over 60C. Hell those temps you got there used to be my idle temps.

I have since than got a Thermalright Ultima 90 and raised volts a little and got a 3GHz speed (equivalent to your X2 6000+) and now my temps never exceed 60C. They idle in the high 30's low 40's But thats because its summer here and room temps get VERY hot.

Your temps are perfectly fine. Its when they start hitting in the mid/high 60's I'd start to worry. Cause by the sounds of it, your running stock.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-athlon-x2-6000-am2-temp.96422/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hello there, I need help unlocking my laptop
Is there anyone that could help me?

I get the gray screen asking for administrator password.

Please help''

My service tag number is H7J3M71
email removed
thank you so much''

Moderator Edit:
Free Help Here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic90285.html

A:Dell inspiron 6000 bios password removal

please read the FAQs: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic90285.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-6000-bios-password-removal.95645/
Relevancy 36.12%

I was having trouble with my charger it had a short it in it well with it being right before christmas i was trying to make it last until afterwards because god for bid I have to be without my laptop for a week Well I kept moving the cord to fix the short and keep it working when finally it quit charging all together so I bought a new charger and nothing no battery light not so much as a noise you hit the power button and it is Dead So I took it apart and re soldered the charger plug thinking I had busted a solder on the plug because i kept miving the cord around to keep it charging Used ohms meter and there is power to the plug and all the solders but still nothing Any Idea what the problem could be i am desperate here too much of a computer geek to have my laptop down nbsp

A:Dell Inspiron 6000 won't power up

a short may have fried the mobo. replace it and the PSU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-6000-wont-power-up.95423/
Relevancy 10.75%

Hi I recently bought an dip switch with solved x700 problems Ati x and it ran fine for while but then artifacts and other garbage started to appear on screen Eventually it would not run any d d or hardware accellerated games This really got to me since Battlefield and Tron were two new games I bought and I couldn t play I tried changing drivers reinstalling windows and putting it into another computer In which it worked but eventually failed I was about to chuck it when we noticed dip switches on the underside of the card No idea what they Ati x700 problems solved with dip switch do Ati x700 problems solved with dip switch but switching them both to the opposite setting didn t work Then I put switch at position and switch at position This worked I have a watt psu gb generic ram and an AMD Barton ghz I don t know what those switches are for if anyone does please reply I d like to know what I did I have heard a lot of complaints about this card and vista so I m wondering if these switches could solve problems for those people I only changed them as a last resort Wow am I ever happy nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-x700-problems-solved-with-dip-switch.92918/
Relevancy 36.55%

Before I start this is far from a compliant but I am wondering if something is wrong.

I have a Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe with a AMD 6000+ installed in it, the processor is supposed to be 3.0 Ghz but it is running at 3.1Ghz, I haven't overclocked or even run any of the Asus auto overclocking software.

My PC is running fine well as fine as a windows box can run, im just wondering why its running faster, oh and the processor is running at a cool 27C idle and 32 under benchmarking Load, water cooling

A:AMD 6000+ running fast

I'm not even sure what to say. More than likely its the bios settings, fsb may be a little higher

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-6000-running-fast.89547/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi All,

PLEASE HELP!! I have a laptop containing important information thats not booting...

I think the problem is with the BIOS chip for the following reasons, i hope im wrong but appreciate any help ye can provide...

RAM: have removed ram and get CAPS key flashing constantly. replace RAM CAPS flashes once then stays off.

MOBO: CDROM drive flashes for a couple of seconds then goes out...

HD: HD access light flashes and goes out.

FAN: i can hear it!

The display shows nothing at all.. so i dont get the BIOS display or cant enter SETUP

The laptop fails to boot from a windows 2000 CD (win XP was the OS)

i used to hate people that kept posted please help messages... now i sympathize...

A:Inspiron 6000 wont boot due to BIOS problem??

Hi

Well it does sound like its a faulty Motherboard, if the info on the drive is important then either put the drive into another I6000 or use a 2.5 to 3.5 adaptor cable and read the drive contents on another machine.

Laptops by nature arent repairable by the common man and need specialist tools to determine cause of failure, that said if the unit is in warranty then ring Dell asap and get them to help you.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/inspiron-6000-wont-boot-due-to-bios-problem.86872/
Relevancy 35.69%

I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 that is just over 2 years old. Just a few weeks ago the l and ; keys became super sensitive so that now if i even graze them this happens: llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll or ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;. And it's only those two keys that do that. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Thanks!

A:Dell Inspiron 6000 keyboard problems

You may have something underneath them. With the laptop off, turn it upside down and use a new soft paintbrush carefully between the keys to shift anything that might be there.
Golden rule - no food or drink near keyboards!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-6000-keyboard-problems.86911/
Relevancy 36.55%

What is the normal temperature range for th AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+? and what should I set my alarm to? I can't seem to find this anywhere

A:AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Temperature

As long as you don't hit 80C with the cpu everything should be ok. Strictly speaking you shouldn't let it go too near 70C.

Alex.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-athlon-64-x2-6000-temperature.86881/
Relevancy 36.55%

Well I have the mother board and new case picked out for upgrading the cooling on this monster but since I'm transferring the cpu from one mobo to another I'll need a new cpu heatsink for my 6000 x2 athlon. Having trouble finding one on newegg so I need a recommendation for an easy to install heatsink thats compatible with my 6000 and a m2n sli deluxe asus motherboard.
Any suggestions for a good heatsink? I'm worried that I might struggle getting it to clip on so I need one very easy to put on. Thanks in advanced!

PS: heres the components(case and mobo) ill be using if it matter:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16811129021
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16813131013

Also any suggestion as to how to remove the stock heatsink when I transfer would be good too, I'm thinking about using a blowdryer...

A:Need Easy to install HS for AMd x2 6000

NO BLOW DRYERS, PLS. Bad things happen with blow dryers and vacuum cleaners. The stock heatsink shouldnt be hard to remove actually.

Most of the good heatsinks are a simple 4 clicks to put them in. I'd go for that zalmans 7700 I think its called. Let me look it up to make sure.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-easy-to-install-hs-for-amd-x2-6000.86209/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hey all awhile back a had and still have a bad overheat issue with the mainboard im using now its a m n-e and I m about to just get another one but first I really need peace of mind that I d be getting one that won t give me as many problems getting it to work with all my equipment Im using G of mushkin ram GTS evga AMD with thats Mobo 6000 well Need x2 works geforce amd X athlon The bad reviews on availible mobos at newegg have me worried so Need Mobo thats works well with AMD 6000 x2 I really need advice from some experts Need Mobo thats works well with AMD 6000 x2 could anyone recommend a good stable and reliable motherboard that works best with my above equipment I m not overclocking since I m barely getting this thing to run anyways Any info at all would be helpul thanks PS I ll also need a COLD case to keep these hot things cool so any case recommendations would be great too I m already thinking on a thermaltake with as many fans as possible nbsp

A:Need Mobo thats works well with AMD 6000 x2

You need a good HSF (CPU Heatsink/fan) assembly more than more case fans. Make sure you use a good thermal compound too. All it takes is a VERY small amount of thermal compound!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-mobo-thats-works-well-with-amd-6000-x2.86063/
Relevancy 35.69%

Athlon 6000+ or Intel Core Duo 6420?

Both around same price, im a AMD fan and last 2 processor have been AMD but theres alot of hype around Intel at the min. Just want the best deal and would like peoples opinion before i splash out.

A:Athlon 6000+ or Intel Core Duo 6420?

In this case, the 6000+ is the winner. The 6420 is a mobile processor and not a high end intel processor. check the cpu charts on tomshardware.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/athlon-6000-or-intel-core-duo-6420.84700/
Relevancy 20.21%

I just need to know if the Trackball Mouse cables Microsoft and compatible? USB cable in a Microsoft button optical mouse ends in an internal plastic plug I have a Microsoft Microsoft Mouse and Trackball cables compatible? button optical trackball with a broken wire than can t be repaired When I looked online to buy a replacement only then did I lean Microsoft stopped making selling their optical trackball s WTF so there are no replacement parts out there to be had They are so rare now even broken trackballs fetch a premium I opened it up to see if I could fix it and the cable ends in a simple five-connector plug so fixing my trackball couldn t be easier If only I could find a replacement cable Microsoft still makes sells their button optical mice but doesn t sell parts If it uses the same cable I figure I can buy a cheap one just for the cord and use it in my trackball Anyone out there ever open up their Microsoft button optical mouse that can confirm for me if the cable just plugs in inside nbsp

A:Microsoft Mouse and Trackball cables compatible?

Go ahead and try the cable... I hope the wire color codes are the same. I use a wireless Logitech. Maybe it's time for you to switch to a wireless mouse

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-mouse-and-trackball-cables-compatible.84514/
Relevancy 10.75%

Ever since my old motherboard died Biostar NF Socket and I bought a replacment board a MSI K MM -VH VIA Based should have seen it coming I ve been having blackout problems and lock-ups due to Infinite Loop problems however I think I solved it by disabling ATI Smart by going into services msc and ramping up my memory timings However now I m having Windows problems related to memory to another... my Loop just I I solved think go Infinite to Problem I think Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer CELERON-D Description Error code ea parameter fd b parameter c bc parameter f becb parameter For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data I think I solved my Infinite Loop Problem to just go to another... d System E f rror Er f f ror code e d a Param eters c fd b c bc c f I think I solved my Infinite Loop Problem to just go to another... bec c b My Memory Timings that are in use when this happens is DRR Speed mhz CAS RAs to Cas Delay - T Command Rate is T And the black outs and lock-ups almost seem familar to the Infinite Loop Syndrome however I have no idea where to go from hear By the Way I have tried Multiple video cards on this system Both ATI and both have failed If I slow down my memory timings then windows tells me that the videocard hangs I ve tried registry fixes the beta patch by VIA turning off VPU recover turning off ATI Smart have updated drivers to everything didn t go to Cat though because then Invalid Display CRT errors appear I get anywhere between and errors of this when I boot up The strang thing is though once out of every or random boots the next boot up will go smoothly and I can play games for hours I have no idea what is going on nbsp

A:I think I solved my Infinite Loop Problem to just go to another...

(I hope you have access to a computer with a CD burner.)

I've found this tool very helpful at identifying bad memory. It's positively identified bad ram 100% of the time for me. Download this and follow the instructions to burn it to a blank CD-R. Then boot from the CD-R on your suspect computer. Run the Extended Diagnostics for at least one complete cycle. (Usually if it doesn't detect RAM pattern errors on the first cycle then the RAM is good and there isn't much need to run additional cycles.)

http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

Post the results here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-think-i-solved-my-infinite-loop-problem-to-just-go-to-another.82874/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hello, I just got a brand new laptop around the beginning of june. I started playing it and it was fine for about 3 weeks. Then it started to be really dum. I would be playing a game. Or it will be loading the startup screen and it will just turn off. With no warning or anything. I can just here it making a sound that sounds like if i were to be holding the power button down. And I dont want to take it back right away unless I am 100% sure its not a virus. I'm 'running a scan on it right now. Im typing this message on my other toshiba laptop. Please help me. Thanks.

Post edited by, L4pt0p: Ok it is still scanning but it has found one sucurity risk. I resolved it so hopefully that is it!

A:Compaq, Presario V 6000 troubles.

Take it back for warranty service... Don't be foolish. I'm sure you paid a lot for it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compaq-presario-v-6000-troubles.81232/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi,

I just bought a Microsoft laser mouse 6000 from Newegg (specs here). I'm trying to get the back and forward buttons working in Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty). I did some modifications to configuration files as suggested by Google search results. Unfortunately, that screwed it up so that the scroll wheel controls back and forward, and the real back and forward buttons don't work at all.

The imwheelrc config file (/etc/X11/imwheel/imwheelrc) says that the xf86config file needs to allow for enough mouse buttons. But locating xf86config in the terminal returns nothing.

What can I do??

A:Microsoft Laser Mouse 6000 on Ubuntu 7.04

...bump...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-laser-mouse-6000-on-ubuntu-7-04.80399/
Relevancy 11.18%

Running XP Pro. Computer reboots randomly. May be while using it or most often when idle. System Restore would not work until turned off and back on, but of course I lost all restore points.

Tried Spybot Seach&Destroy, Adware, ATF_Cleaner, AVG Anti-Spyware, SuperAntiSpyware, Panda Activescan. None found anything.

Attached is HJT log. I would really appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks
John

A:Solved: Random rebooting.

Hi john760 and welcome to techspot. =)

I've checked you HijackThis log and it appears to be mostly clean. Fix these entries though.

O9 - Extra button: Linked Images - {D8980DE8-9D4C-4fb0-8FB4-95B1FA4125AD} - C:\Program Files\IEimage\IEimage.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Linked Ima&ges - {D8980DE8-9D4C-4fb0-8FB4-95B1FA4125AD} - C:\Program Files\IEimage\IEimage.htm
O16 - DPF: {DBA230D1-8467-4e69-987E-5FAE815A3B45} -

I noticed an entry:
O4 - Startup: restart_vs.lnk = F:\Viewsonic.exe

Do you recognise this file or process, and why is something running from F:\ ?
Let me know in your next reply.

Your problem could be non-malware related.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of john760 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solved-random-rebooting.79561/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello everyone, just a quick question. Which cooling do you think would be best for an AMD 6000+? I have an ASUS M2N32-SLi Deluxe mobo, and a Gigabyte 3D Aurora full tower case. Currently I have the Zalman CNPS 9500 cooler, but I want to upgrade. Which of these do you think is best? And do you think its worth my while to upgrade?

Heres the Zalman
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118004

And heres the competitor...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103026

Has anyone used the Cooler Master? Id like to know how it fits on this board...

Thanks -Dennis

A:Which cooling to go for with AMD 6000+

The Gemin II is a piece of crap. Go with the Zalman.

If you wanted something really good, I can't recommend this or this enough. The second one (thermalright) should perform better, but may be a little more tricky to install.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-cooling-to-go-for-with-amd-6000.77955/
Relevancy 36.98%

According to my bios... (MB is ASUS M2N32 Sli Deluxe) the temp of the processor is at 60C. As stated I have an AMD 6000+ with Zalman CNPS 9500 cooling. I used arctic silver 5 thermal paste as well. What would be making my temps go up so dang high? Someone please help. -Dennis

A:Please help... AMD 6000+ Temp at 60C

what's the temp of your case and mobo, and is this the idle temp, or full load temp. Also how hot is it in the room.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-help-amd-6000-temp-at-60c.77640/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi all,
I'm new here and I guess the title says it all. Every time when I do some work on ms word my pc will restart itself at random times. Just for your info, there's nothing running on the pc while I'm on ms word. By the way I'm using windows xp, intel pentium D dual core processor, 512mb ram and power supply tecom 450w. Kinda weird I know but it happens almost every time I'm on ms word and only word else it never restart like tat. Anyone can help? Thanks

A:Pc restart whenever I'm on microsoft word

tried uninstall and reinstall?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-restart-whenever-im-on-microsoft-word.75746/
Relevancy 35.26%

Howdy Folks,

How do I reset the CMOS on a DELL Inspiron 6000 (low profile - 15.4 lcd screen) (DST: DBM0D81) and where do I find that chip? any scematics? I have been unable to find this info on the web. DELL site was useless. Already have the download for the service tag restorer, & am ready to wipe drive once CMOS is gone, thanks.

BTW: Owned my DELL for more than a year and been able to use it all of 4 days, due to CMOS corruption apparently Loaded by DELL before delivery. DELL has been no help!! Its Apple next time... (using a HP for this post)

Thanks for any help or assistance you can provide. Happy Trails...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/rest-cmos-on-dell-insiron-6000-low-profile.72902/
Relevancy 36.12%

I bought dell inspiron 6000 2 years ago, and I'm setup the admin bios password. Now i'm forgot the password is. Please show me how to reset the admin bios password.

Thanks all

A:Inspiron 6000 admin password

Take a look at this thread HERE.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/inspiron-6000-admin-password.72047/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hello, I have a MS Wireless Comfort Keyboard and Mouse 6000 and have the Intellipoint and Intellitype 6.1 software for them. The keyboard and mouse lately have been acting squirrelly, for instance, when I hold down 'w' in a game to move forward, it will stop and I have to release and repress. The mouse is also acting a little jumpy. It felt like the batteries were running low so I checked the two programs above to look at the battery indicators and surprisingly, they were both 'good' and fully green. I have had those batteries installed for at least 3 months. I changed the batteries anyways to see if it made a difference. They didn't. In fact, when I took out the batteries altogether, they battery indicator still read full. Has anyone heard of the program not updating itself? The issue is new and yes, I have played the game for months now without the issue. Thanks guys!!

A:MS Wireless Keyboard and Mouse 6000

Try to uninstall and reinstall your mouse/keyboard drivers and software.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ms-wireless-keyboard-and-mouse-6000.70932/
Relevancy 19.78%

I have uninstalled Microsoft Flight Simulator X Demo, but it is still in the add and remove programs in the control panel. Can someone tell me how to get it out of there?
Thanks
[email protected]

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/removing-microsoft-flight-simulator-x-demo-in-the-add-and-remove-control-panel.68893/