Windows Support Forum

Wifi cuts out when laptop is unplugged then computer crashes [From:Mac]

Q: Wifi cuts out when laptop is unplugged then computer crashes [From:Mac]

I have a macbook pro and run Bootcamp with Windows XP. The computer is from 2008. When the computer is plugged in the wifi works fine. If I unplug my computer the wifi drops within minutes. If I try to repair the connection or disconnect the computer gives me the BSOD. Any thoughts?
Also, the computer very rarely goes into hibernation - which is a problem. And if it does go into hibernation, it often gives me the BSOD again.
The computer is perfectly fine when I am working on the Apple OS.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Wifi cuts out when laptop is unplugged then computer crashes [From:Mac]

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Wifi cuts out when laptop is unplugged then computer crashes [From:Mac]

Being a Windows issue, I'll move this to the Windows forum, we don't know Windows. The Mac forum is for Apple PCs running Apple's OS.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wifi-cuts-out-when-laptop-is-unplugged-then-computer-crashes-from-mac-674410.html
Relevancy 100.75%

I have a macbook pro and run Bootcamp with Windows XP. The computer is from 2008. When the computer is plugged in the wifi works fine. If I unplug my computer the wifi drops within minutes. If I try to repair the connection or disconnect the computer gives me the BSOD. Any thoughts?
Also, the computer very rarely goes into hibernation - which is a problem. And if it does go into hibernation, it often gives me the BSOD again.
The computer is perfectly fine when I am working on the Apple OS.

Thanks

A:Wifi cuts out when laptop is unplugged then computer crashes

A normal XP install on a laptop would probably require a driver update for your wireless, but since you are on a Mac, You might get a better answer if you post this in the Mac forum section.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wifi-cuts-out-when-laptop-is-unplugged-then-computer-crashes-674354.html
Relevancy 71.81%

A while back I updated my sound drivers because of an audio issue in Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Battlefield would suddenly lose all audio in the middle of a match, and the audio would come back if I quit the program and went back in. Now, after updating my drivers, almost every game is acting like this, and there are more frequent crashes. Then, on rare occasion, certain parts of the UI in some of my games would completely disappear! I would like to know how to fix this issue!
List of games which I have seen the audio bug in:

Audiosurf
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Beat Hazard
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Poker Night at the Inventory
Portal
Supreme Commander 2

List of games with video bugs:
Battlefield: Bad company 2
Poker Night at the Inventory
Portal

More frequent crashes:
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Portal
TESIV: Oblivion

Please help!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/389536/sound-cuts-out-video-cuts-out-occasionaly-and-lots-more-crashes-then-before/
Relevancy 71.38%

My friend has Vista (Woe is her). Recently when she either tries to connect or tries to change the website she gets a message that the sie cannot be found, or similar. if she presses the site again, it comes comes. Her connection to the router is excellent (5 bars) and shows no sign of disconnect.

A:Computer cuts off connection to wifi

Hello, have your friend do the usual procedures in these cases, clear out the browser's history and cookies, and clear the DNS cache (from the command line: ipconfig /flushdns) and see if that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-cuts-off-connection-to-wifi.1133254/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello. I recently bought a new desktop PC. I've had it a few weeks and for some reason I've recently been having trouble with the wireless.
I can verify that the problem is with the computer, as my old laptop, my phone, and other devices all seem to be doing fine and don't experience the same problem.
As the title says, every few minutes, the WiFi stops. It doesn't go completely, it simply changes to the picture with the asterisk (*) in the bottom right. This happens for only a couple of seconds before it goes back to normal. Then, it will happen again after a few minutes. This is completely infuriating when trying to watch videos online.

Sometimes when I use the troubleshooter it finds a problem with the WiFi adapter and resets it, and then says the issue is fixed.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

A:Help - WiFi cuts out every few minutes

Originally Posted by detrunorm

Hello. I recently bought a new desktop PC. I've had it a few weeks and for some reason I've recently been having trouble with the wireless.
I can verify that the problem is with the computer, as my old laptop, my phone, and other devices all seem to be doing fine and don't experience the same problem.
As the title says, every few minutes, the WiFi stops. It doesn't go completely, it simply changes to the picture with the asterisk (*) in the bottom right. This happens for only a couple of seconds before it goes back to normal. Then, it will happen again after a few minutes. This is completely infuriating when trying to watch videos online.

Sometimes when I use the troubleshooter it finds a problem with the WiFi adapter and resets it, and then says the issue is fixed.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

These types of intermittent wireless connection problems can be very difficult to track down as there are many possible causes.

Have you tried using a wired connection to get all the latest updates from the Windows Update Center?

They often have newer drivers there for your system that may help with this problem. It may also help to visit the HP support site to see if there are any driver updates for your new system.

Uninstalling any type of preinstalled trial versions of anti virus software may also help or other preinstalled bloatware can go a long way towards fixing these types of problems.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/27844-help-wifi-cuts-out-every-few-minutes.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi I m trying to fix up a laptop for a friend It s a Toshiba Satellite L -S running Windows ProblemWhen I connect to computer the connection crashes Wifi a wireless network wifi the computer slows down to oblivion I don t understand I ve never seen a computer issue like this So it goes like Turn on computerEverything works fine until Connect to wifiThe computer starts slowing down Wifi connection crashes the computer seconds later freezes sometimes goes into the blue screen of death What does workThe computer works fine in Safe Mode with Networking on I can connect to wifi and the computer functions no problem in Safe Mode What I ve triedI ve tried uninstalling downloading and installing the wireless driver for this computer I ran Avast and Malwarebyte full scans on both It detected some things and I deleted quarantined them No change in the problem So I have no idea what s wrong Maybe it s a hardware issue But computer works fine with wireless on in Safe Mode so I don t think so If it s a software issue not sure what to do Please help Thanks Not sure where this post would belong so posting on Windows forum section Please redirect if needed

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/480460/wifi-connection-crashes-the-computer/
Relevancy 58.05%

Well every minute my Wi-Fi will cut out for about - seconds This increases exponentially though What I mean by this is when I start up my computer I get no cut outs for about minutes then it happens then minutes until the next cutout then then we are at the normal cutting out rate Restarting the computer doesn t do anything It only does nothing for minutes when it is cold Basement temperature I every minute cuts out Solved: Wifi do not believe this is a overheating issue however since I can leave it sit where it is warm for overnight and the same time Solved: Wifi cuts out every minute will happen This doesn t seem to affect browsing all that much but I mainly play games on this computer Dell Windows Vista Don t know how to tell specs of Solved: Wifi cuts out every minute PC however I can tell you with a quick google search It only happens with this computer however and not any other computer I use I have a Motorolla router and I can connect to anything but as said above it will cut out shortly If I need to get more info just tell me and I will reply ASAP Also this computers hard drive crashed so it was sent in to be fixed and this problem still happens so not sure if that would affect anything I assume it wouldn t nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

I decided to update my HP laptop (model mentioned in title) to Windows 8. That worked great. Then, I thought it would be fun to update it to the 8.1 Preview. All is well except that the WiFi will lose connectivity after about an hour or so. I have to completely disable the Wi-Fi adapter and re-enable it before it will work again. I had hoped that the problem would be fixed in the 8.1 RTM. But, it wasn't.

I did a lot of research and found that it is most likely a driver issue. I installed the Windows 8.1 generic driver, the official Windows 8 driver from HP, and some generic drivers that I had from driverpacks.net. But, I still have the problem.

Any other ideas?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/30903-hp-pavilion-dm4-3055dx-wifi-cuts-out-frequently.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi,

i have just recd a replacement laptop after having mine stolen.The new computer is a Toshiba Satellite 660. The problem I have is that the wifi connection works perfectly when plugged into the mains. When I unplug it, the wifi goes very slow and doesnt work.

I have been into my computer to see if there are any modifications I can do, but not found any that work. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

David

Relevancy 56.33%

I have a Linksys WRT160N conencted to a pc, Windows Vista
I can connect it to my ipod but after a few hours or so, it disconnects and I can get to reconnect again.
"Unable to connect to network "........"

It works after I unplug it and replug it.

Relevancy 55.47%

I m having some serious issues connecting my Dell Inspiron laptop to the internet I m running Windows XP Home edition The laptop connects perfectly well to the wireless Issues: Cable Wifi Network Unplugged Solved: network great signal strength everything seemingly fine using an IntelProset wireless adaptor However there is Solved: Wifi Issues: Network Cable Unplugged no actual internet connection can t load pages can t check e-mails etc The Solved: Wifi Issues: Network Cable Unplugged wireless adaptor shows no errors but the local area connection shows the error quot network cable unplugged quot Now here s the puzzle this happens only on selected wireless networks Of the four networks I have frequently been using over the past year or so all in different locations two work perfectly well with normal internet connection and two suddenly give me trouble Also the two giving me trouble worked normally up until a couple of months ago and now I have the problem with any new wireless connections I try to access I don t think it can be a problem with the actual connections modems routers because other users are having no problems I ve tried disabling and re-enabling the local area connection I ve tried changing the link speed and duplex I ve tried updating and reinstalling the driver for my broadcom x integrated controller I ve tried restoring my system to early February in short all the troubleshooting steps I could find related to this problem and all to no avail I can no longer put up with this little quirk because I m now permanently located at one of the quot dud quot connections so I would really appreciate any and all help Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

Dear All,

I am using Probook 4330s. My Wireless connectivity looses when I unplug the power adapter.
My Wireless does not work when my laptop is running in battery mode.
Please help.

Regards,
Anbin

Relevancy 54.61%

Computer is experiencing random, sudden crashes. Push the power button to reboot - nothing. If I manually unplug the power cord, replug in, the computer will reboot. Get the screen about the improper shut down, select last good start up and the computer loads as it is supposed to. Tried contacting the manufacturer, but have had no response (so much for superior support from a boutique builder).

Anyone have any insight as to the cause of the crashes and how to prevent in the future?

Computer Info as follows:

Dual boot (XP Pro & Win 7 Pro) MaxForce PC
Thermaltake 500W power supply
Intel Core i7 870, 2.93 GHz, 8 MB
Gigabyte GA-H57M-USB3 motherboard
Super Talent DDR3-1333, 8 GB (2 x 4G) memory
Hard Drive #1: Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS, 640 GB, SATA 2, 32 MB (XP Pro)
Hard Drive #2: Western Digital VelociRaptor WD3000HLFS, 300 GB (Win 7 Pro)

A:Randon crashes-will not reboot until power cord is unplugged

Do you monitor the temps of your cpu and gpu. If so what are the temp?
Idle and under load.

What video card do you have?

Please do this also it will help our BSOD experts.

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/356851-randon-crashes-will-not-reboot-until-power-cord-unplugged.html
Relevancy 54.18%

As stated in the title, the Network icon on the taskbar in the bottom right, always shows the disconnected Ethernet, even while I am connected to wifi. I've also tried connecting it via the Ethernet port, and it still shows the disconnected Ethernet icon. Also, not sure if this is related or not, but at every boot, windows tries to install an unidentified-unnamed device. I will post screenshots of the problems.

Here's the screenshots.

A:Internet Taskbar Icon shows Ethernet unplugged when connected via wifi

Quote: Originally Posted by NickFizzer

As stated in the title, the Network icon on the taskbar in the bottom right, always shows the disconnected Ethernet, even while I am connected to wifi. I've also tried connecting it via the Ethernet port, and it still shows the disconnected Ethernet icon. Also, not sure if this is related or not, but at every boot, windows tries to install an unidentified-unnamed device. I will post screenshots of the problems.

Here's the screenshots.

If you can post a screen shot of your ipconfig/all it will help me to see the adaptor that is causing the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/263531-internet-taskbar-icon-shows-ethernet-unplugged-when-connected-via-wifi.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello,

I gave an Acer Aspire 5520 with Windows Vista. Every time I turn my laptop on, it turns itself off. I thought that there may be a virus, so I have removed the harddrive and I scanned it with my other computer. I then also added my original harddrive that was in the the computer to see if it would work with that harddrive. I scanned my harddrives and the results said that there were no threats. However, the computer still cuts off, no matter with which harddrive is connected in the computer. I have had the new harddrive in my laptop for 4 months, and it has worked perfectly up until now. Does anyone have any advice?

Thank you,

Emi

A:Laptop Cuts itself off...

** I have (not I gave)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-cuts-itself-off-366312.html
Relevancy 52.03%

As title says, my wifi works fine on my laptop but won't work on my computer. This hasn't been an issue previously but I moved house and now can't get on. I've tried two different dongles, changing the channel my router goes on and a new router. The computer connects and says it has internet access but then whenever I try and load a webpage it just keeps loading and never actually brings up the page. Also tried a few ipconfig (flushdns, release and renew) through cmd as I was instructed to by a friend - but now can't think of anything else. Also, it has three out of 5 bars of strength but sometimes when I switch the computer on it doesn't even detect the network at all.

Any help?

Relevancy 51.6%

Hey guys and gals I quot m new here but not in the virus page Hope I m in the right place I have a brand new laptop -- HP g Notebook PC GB AMD E- Processor GHz Ram GB usuable bit Windows I know virus malware etc protection but this stuff I m fairly new to so go easy on me I know this laptop isn t the greatest by far but something isn t right in and video New laptop... cuts out bucks should play decent video one would New laptop... video cuts in and out think st my other pc finally pooped out it was an year old VAIO that just wouldn t die and it played YouTube videos pretty good with very few pauses processing the video for my viewing pleasure but this new HP pretty much New laptop... video cuts in and out sucks Don t know if it s the graphics card or what Nevertheless I have this laptop now and hope there s some settings or programs I can download to help in the video dept Now just today I recorded some live music with my New laptop... video cuts in and out camera and it loaded up just fine using Windows Photo Gallery but when I play back the video it gets to app the minute mark on a minute video and the sound starts to cut out and the musicians are moving like they re doing the robot it s not the camera as I ve already played it back on the camera and it worked just fine I found this out when I tried to load it up on Facebook and it tried loading for over minutes until I just stopped it Not sure what s going on but some tutor would be very much appreciated Now that I think about it even pictures take too long loading to FB but they do load thanks very much stevo nbsp

A:New laptop... video cuts in and out

for video playback, try media player classic home cinema.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-laptop-video-cuts-in-and-out.171603/
Relevancy 51.6%

laptop cuts off after a few seconds starting I tried changing out the memory to see if it was bad but it still cut off I think there may be been the wrong memory put in it Could this cause it to do that if so is it damaging to where i could not get off laptop starting cuts after new memory if what is in it is dead In the past the laptop used to get real hot while it was running Could this mean it is a overheating problem I can not get into the safe mode either it laptop cuts off after starting omits continuous beeping when I press F but the screen stays black I changed the hard drive I don t think that is it I also cleaned the heat sink and applied thermal paste to the CPU Still she cuts off Any help or ideas would be great This is my son s laptop and he really needs it for school I need to get this fixed nbsp

A:laptop cuts off after starting

I don't think safe mode would help even if you could get to it, as the shutdown occurs long before Windows has begun to load, indicating that it's likely to be an issue with some vital hardware component. Safe Mode allows you to alter settings or remove software or drivers which prevent normal startup, but it's of no use when faulty hardware is the problem.

With bad or incompatible RAM you would hear a series of error beeps at boot time (assuming the motherboard itself was healthy). A single beep means all vital hardware is okay. If no beeps at all, that indicates motherboard damage.

Finally, you didn't say whether you've tried using it from the mains. If you've only tried running it from battery power, the battery may be almost flat or it's reached the end of it's serviceable life.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-cuts-off-after-starting.1069238/
Relevancy 51.6%

My girlfriends laptop (my old laptop) is an HP Pavilion dv3-2310ea. It's recently started cutting out (completely turns off as though the battery has been pulled) when in use, but now it's got so bad i can't even get passed the windows startup, and when it does it's near 2mins before it cuts out again. I'm trying to run a bios update but it won't stay on long enough for me to get anywhere with it. Can anyone help?

EDIT: Managed to download the BIOS update but i'm afraid to install it incase it cuts out. I tried a hard reset which kept it on longer than usual but it ended up freezing. Also it's unusually hot and i don't have any programs running.

A:Laptop Cuts Out On Startup

Your AC adapter may be dying.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/278989-laptop-cuts-out-startup.html
Relevancy 51.6%

With 35% power my laptop computer cuts off - at this point there is not mains power on to it - why is this happening

A:Laptop Power Cuts Off

Sounds like the battery is going bad.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/laptop-power-cuts-off/1611.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I ve had an HP G Notebook for about years and over the last couple of months on about occasions the screen has suddenly gone black and a few seconds the laptop has switched off When switching it back on usually it won t stay switched on for a while after I have to restore the system to the last good configuration I am no IT expert but it is not a battery power issue because the battery is not flat and on some of these occasions it has been plugged in Lately the fan is on more and more often and is louder and the laptop is getting really hot I only use the laptop for general internet Facebook etc and the occasional youtube so it is not being overused on games etc out cuts Laptop without warning I have read about overheating which I assume is what s happening but I would really appreciate advice in plain simple language about the best course of action Do these cooling pads work How do I best ventilate the underneath of the laptop And do the symptoms sound like the Laptop cuts out without warning fan is dusty and if so how do I clean it I am new to this website but have tried to research these problems Any advice or suggestions much appreciated ec clueless laptop owner nbsp

A:Laptop cuts out without warning

it sounds like overheating, given the symptoms you have described - you need to clean out the vents - make sure machine is OFF - Use compressed air - be very careful with compressed air as the force can be quite high, I have also used a vacuum cleaner although this does produce static and can cause damage.
http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=4020

You need to address the dust and dirt thats in the machine - you should not need a cooling pad for general use

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-cuts-out-without-warning.939666/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a hp pavilion g6 that I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8, then 8.1. Everything works, except that whenever the battery runs low it just cuts out instead of hibernating. I've tried adjusting settings and updating the drivers but have been unable to fix this. Does anybody here have any ideas?

A:Power cuts out on laptop

Some laptops do not behave correctly with Hibernate. So the manufacturers have set up the power profile to just shut down when the power is low. Look in your advanced power properties to see what the settings are in there.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/46879-power-cuts-out-laptop.html
Relevancy 51.17%

My laptop is the only computer in the house with slow wifi speeds, thinking it was a problem with the computer itself, I restored it. The problem persists. I connected to another network I found, and everything was fine. I tried restarting the router, nothing. Put my other laptop in the same area to check for interference, works fine. so why is it only my computer and only on my connection? Any help is appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-the-only-computer-having-slow-wifi-issues.1023678/
Relevancy 51.17%

My laptop is the only computer in the house with slow wifi speeds, thinking it was a problem with the computer itself, I restored it. The problem persists. I connected to another network I found, and everything was fine, so why is it only my computer and only on my connection? Any help is appreciated.

A:My laptop the only computer having slow wifi issues?

This seems to be an issue with your router.

Try tuning off your computer. Unplug your modem and router wait a minute or so.

Plug in the modem and router wait till all lights stabilize.

Startup your computer and see how your connection is then.
Is your wifi though the router encrypted with WEP or WPA? If not someone outside can be stealing your connection causing slow speeds.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-laptop-the-only-computer-having-slow-wifi-issues-607998.html
Relevancy 51.17%

First of all sorry for posting what seems to be a common topic but none of the previous solutions seem appropriate I have a small wireless network in which one of the computers internet often drops off for a few seconds and is proving to be very troublesome The other computers are fine Tried wired and issue still out 1 Internet laptop wireless Cuts to occurs I can ping the router at all times C Documents and Internet Cuts out to 1 wireless laptop Settings Dave Desktop gt ipconfig all Windows Internet Cuts out to 1 wireless laptop IP Configuration Host Name Dan Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO Wireless BG Network Connection Physical Address - - - - -A Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained May PM Lease Expires May PM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Eth ernet NIC Physical Address -C - F-CB- D- C Documents and Settings Dave Desktop gt pause Press any key to continue C Documents and Settings Dave gt ping www google com Pinging www google com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Request timed out Request timed out Reply from bytes time ms TTL Thanks a lot for any help nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Howdy parts i have a HP compaq g AMD Dual core processor windows obviously im here lol home premium bit GB im my problem is that my computer will turn off laptop cuts HP random at G Series off for reason ive noticed that it usually cuts off quicker if im doing something like surfing the web or i have HP G Series laptop cuts off at random multiple programs open also i say it turns off for no reason because for example i can just have itunes open listening to music and it will cut off and also as a result of my computer cutting off for no reason i usually leave a background running program open so my computer cant go in a sleep or a hibernated mode the mode when the screen savers start going and then the screen goes black so for example if i dont open a program that runs in the background and wont allow my computer to hibernate or sleep or watever thats called the screen will just go black but i'll still be able to see the screen backlit LEDs on and not to mention when im surfing the web and the computer shuts off the same backlit black screen happens so whens the happens i have to do a hard reset of course so i turn the computer off hard reset and attempt to turn it back on but it wont come on when i push the power button you ca hear the fan start strong but then its like it dies down and runs low or something and the caps lock button blinks and the WIFI signal on the computer stays orange so wat i do is i suffocate the fan so it cant breathe then it will usually cut off its self because its geting to hot so then is wat i do is i take the power adapter out of the computer wait about seconds and then put it back in and turn on my laptop and it will come on BUT not all the time does doing that whole process does it turn on other info that could help is my battery has been needing to be replaced for quite a while now but i havent i just leave it plugged up so what i did today is take the battery from my moms computer same G series computer and so far so good ive been browsing the web i've opened multiple programs and wat usually would make my computer turn off hasnt so is wat im wondering is something wrong with my computer fan motherboard ETC or was it just my battery the whole time it looks like that way for now not sure if its going to stay not turning off and not wanting to come back on so any help on this headache would be great

A:HP G Series laptop cuts off at random

Can you follow this tutorial and post your specs with it? Using a screenshot of the first thing speccy opens?

Speccy - Advanced System Information Tool

(You can use the windows snipping tool to take a screenshot, Click type the word snipping-click snipping tool.
Then use the paperclip in the forum to upload it.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/317495-hp-g-series-laptop-cuts-off-random.html
Relevancy 51.17%

While searching the web, watching movies, or doing something randomly on my laptop which runs Windows Vista, I seem to randomly disconnect from my internet and it will soon reconnect a minute later. I currently have Comcast High Speed internet as my ISP and my router is a D-Link DIR-628. It mostly happens when i'm watching a video or something to that extent. I'm assuming it has to do with bandwidth? I am not completely sure though. Any advice to help would be appreciated.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6400 @ 2.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 4085 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family, 448 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 290906 MB, Free - 168235 MB;
Motherboard: Gateway,
Antivirus: Norton Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 51.17%

I have a Vaio Cr 220 laptop running vista, and it has the annoying habit of not producing any sound sometimes when I dis/reconnect the power cord. Also, for some reason the startup sounds always work, but sometimes they cut out about 30 seconds in. The device manager says everything is working, and my sound drivers are up to date. It generally fixes itself with a restart, but that gets really tedious to do everytime I move my laptop. I disconnect my laptop fairly often and it gets really annoying to watch youtube videos etc w/o sound. Someone said this is a common problem, any known fixes?

A:Sound cuts out when I unplug my laptop

Set your Power Management to 'Performance' (if it isn't now) and try it that way.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-cuts-out-when-i-unplug-my-laptop.116937/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have to replace my Sony VAIO that ran Windowns because of the graphic card kicked the bucket This new Dell laptop quot supposed quot to be better and faster but there's one problem - it keeps dropping wifi signals The Sony with win did drop signals but it was more like a once or twice a day sort of thing This one it drops signals every few minutes Sometimes it comes back on its own in matter of seconds other times I have to troubleshoot to bring it back while the odd times I just have to sit tight to wait for it to miraculously recover In fact I finished typing my post a minute ago and when I hit quot submit quot the wifi dropped and now I am typing a second time We have other wireless devices in the house but none of them has the same issue The desktop also wifi dropping Laptop keeps Windows signal, 10? computer or runs win but it's wired to the network so never a problem I don't know much about computers but one thing I know is that nothing else has changed other than a new Laptop keeps dropping wifi signal, computer or Windows 10? laptop with a different OS Is dropping signals a common problem with win or should I blame my computer

A:Laptop keeps dropping wifi signal, computer or Windows 10?

Welcome to the forum can you download http://www.crewetown.co.uk/wireless.exe then right click on it choose run as admin and post the results

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/56948-laptop-keeps-dropping-wifi-signal-computer-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi

I have been experiencing problems with my laptop whenever I play League of Legends, it tends to crash and create a buzzing sound that would hang up the computer. I could only turn off the computer and restart it again. No BSOD, it's quite strange as I play with other games and it rarely happens. I've attached a picture of what the screen looks like when it hangs

http://imgur.com/E7Q7RLS

What could be the cause of this?

Tech specs:
Intel core i7-3630QM @ 2.4 Ghz
RAM: 8.00 GB
Windows 7 64-bit

A:Computer crashes and glitches when gaming (laptop)

Most common cause of this type of issue, especially laptops, when stressed (ie: gaming) is heat. Very likely, the system is overheating, thus causing it to lock up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-crashes-and-glitches-when-gaming-laptop.1162612/
Relevancy 50.31%

My Lenovo z50-70 laptop is less than a week old, and every time I switch it on, it's fine, it gets to the start screen, but if I push any key on the keyboard, like the volume, brightness or enter key, it cuts out like the power was cut. So it's the first key I press after switching it on. Then I just switch it back on and everything is fine, no error messages or anything like that. It happens every time I switch it on. What's happening? Should I return it?

A:Brand new laptop cuts out on startup - advice?

If it is still under warranty, send it back for another new one. Make sure you return everything that came in the box too.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/brand-new-laptop-cuts-out-on-startup-advice.1132338/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi guys I got this problem it only comes computer 10 Windows can't laptop restart occasionally drops wifi, up occasionally like once every couple of weeks but I can't seem to figure it out I have a Toshiba laptop and I connect to the internet using wifi Sometimes the wifi would Windows 10 laptop occasionally drops wifi, computer can't restart stop working It shows that I'm still connected to my wifi but with an exclamation mark that says limited or no internet I disconnect and then try again but now my computer doesn't detect any wifi network I usually can see a bunch of wifi networks but when it happens I cannot detect any I have a couple external hard drives connected to my laptop too When this wifi problem occurs I also couldn't access the external hard drives I disconnect them but they still show up in My Computer and I can click on them even though they're empty inside My last problem is that when this wifi problem happens I can't restart the computer It just hangs so I either have to hold the power button down to restart or to wait for five or so minutes before windows tells me it's having trouble and then it restarts My network drivers have all been updated I do have a VPN service minimized but it's off almost always and it was never running when this wifi problem occurs I also have Norton Antivirus on I don't know what could be causing it because I'm not just getting the wifi problem only and this problem has occurred about five times since upgrading to Windows this past winter So it's not too often but I don't know what could be causing it Thank you

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/40009-windows-10-laptop-occasionally-drops-wifi-computer-cant-restart.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have had this problem for the last maybe 10 days, and I have even talked to customer service about it. On occasion, the laptop power cuts off at random.  The screen goes blank for about 15 seconds, then the system shuts down.  I can turn it back on, but I must verify my identity in Windows before I can proceed.  (That's why I mentioned the OS in the subject line). I chatted with customer service, which gave me a set of instructions to restart the battery.  However, I did not write those instructions down, so my attempt to reset failed.  The power cuts continue. I would like to see the instructions re-posted so I can make a note of them and try again. Thank you.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Laptop-power-randomly-cuts-off-shuts-down-Windows-10/td-p/455659
Relevancy 49.88%

HP Envy xxx i - QM AMD Radeon HD M -inch diagonal Radiance Full HD GB DDR quot Vengeance quot bit Windows GB Hybrid HDD I seem to be having crashes on my laptop as of recent but the patterns they follow are very strange It's almost like i'm getting a BSOD while it being used but instead the screen just go black and all power cuts It then reboots and random laptop cuts on Strange power and sudden starts up as usual As far as I can tell there is no conflicting software causing this and it happens without any pattern Since there is no Blue Screen I cannot give a dump file However on the even viewer I see an event labeled quot Critical PM Kernel-Power quot under the critical category Now this seems like the CPU or other internal component is overheating But when i look at HWMonitor Pro the CPU stays Strange random and sudden power cuts on laptop under a steady C under load and C idle This happens in a range of occasions such as rendering videos with Handbrake to simply browsing the web I will say Strange random and sudden power cuts on laptop this I recently swapped Strange random and sudden power cuts on laptop out my RAM cards because the OEM one's were causing BSOD's about a month ago If you'd like more specific information on the laptop visit my old thread All the info is up to date but i will re-do any tasks if you ask me to Thanks in advance

A:Strange random and sudden power cuts on laptop

I have almost this exact problem, but on desktop PC. I get the kernel power log, although in my case I think this is caused by the hard re-set I have to do to get the computer working again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/248402-strange-random-sudden-power-cuts-laptop.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi my name is Ricardo and i am new to this forum So i have down laptop and FPS charger when unplugged go up a problem with my laptop First i have to said that before this problem occurred i could play quot League of legends quot at fps whitout problems but when the battery was low obviusly my fps go down and when plugged my fps go normal Then something happend with the fan FPS go down and up when unplugged laptop charger and I had to open the computer and there was a little piece of plastic that was obstructing the fan therefore my laptop began to get warm I fix that but after FPS go down and up when unplugged laptop charger that i FPS go down and up when unplugged laptop charger could not play normal any game Now when i play quot League of Legends quot i have to unplugged the charger when the fps starts to go down and then my fps go normal but when they drop i have to plugged again and so on I do this every single time i play in intervals of - min so this starts to annoy me I have to said that my laptop it's not a good one i've a Intel HD and a Corei I don't know what to do maybe it's the hardware or something else Please i need to know if i could do something to repair this or there is nothing i can do For your attention thank you P S Sorry if i have bad grammar it's not my native language

http://www.pchelpforum.com/laptop-support/129784-fps-go-down-up-when-unplugged-laptop-charger.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Less than a year ago I got a new HP G -us notebook and I've unplugged. turns off when laptop New experienced a lot of problems with it At one point I even had to reset the hard drive because it was running too slow First off I've been having problems with New laptop turns off when unplugged. overheating I believe this is due to the lithium batter but the buttom of my laptop gets exremely hot I New laptop turns off when unplugged. mean it gets so hot that it burns my finger when i feel it Its not like I have it on a rug or carpet this is on a wooden desk that is completely flat Normally this wouldn't be too much of a problem for me but I can tell that the performance drops down when it gets so hot I have to put something underneath my laptop to keep it ventilated just to keep it from getting so hot Thats not the only problem Recently it started powering off whenever it gets unplugged Even for just a few moments like when I want to move to a different part of the house It's not like I'm shaking it or anything on the contrary I keep it as still as possible when I'm carrying it Yes the battery is full I'm not that dumb But even with the battery full it will turn off without warning usually within a minute sometimes even in seconds Are these common problems with this model Should I send it in to be repaired

A:New laptop turns off when unplugged.

sounds like you should replace the battery. it should not get so hot it burns you .and its not holding a charge.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/new-laptop-turns-off-when-unplugged-430739.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Yesterday I made some changes to my system by canceling programs that load at startup Musicmatch and AOL help. Won't Laptop up. boot unplugged. Pls. A dialog box popped up asking me to restart now Laptop unplugged. Won't boot up. Pls. help. or restart later I hit restart later I left the laptop on while I went to work When I got back hours later I accidentally unplugged the computer without shutting down first Now when I start up I m offered a variety of ways to boot including Last Known Good Configuration Start Windows Normally and multiple Safe Mode options I ve tried each of these options multiple times and just when I think it s going to successfully boot it reverts back to the Compaq start-up screen and goes through the process again Can anybody help me I ve had something similar happen to me before and I ended up having to salvage my laptop HDD data by hooking it up to my desktop as a slave drive Then I had to put the laptop drive back in my laptop and re-install Windows I hope somebody has a solution that will prevent me from having to go through all that again My specs Compaq Armada M Pentium III MH mb ram Windows XP Home nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

My Acer Aspire V laptop (about a year old) reports to be 75% charged.

However, beginning today out of the blue, it will not boot up unless it is plugged in. When I get to Windows, it says "plugged in, not charging". Moreover, if I unplug the power cord, it will completely shut off.

What's going on?

A:Laptop Turns Off When Unplugged

Most likely the battery is dead and needs replaced.

However double check the physical contacts between the laptop and the battery, make sure they are clean.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-turns-off-when-unplugged.1165744/
Relevancy 49.45%

SPECS PSU W CPU Intel Core CPU GHz GHz RAM gb x GPU GTX GB HDD GB x My computer cuts off when I run certain games some games take a couple of minutes for it to happen doesn t happen every time in fact most the time its playable Counter Strike Source some games do it the second Computer cuts off when... I double click the exe football manager so I came to the conclusion that it isn t an overheating issue Today I decided to downgrade from Windows to Windows XP to see if this may stop the problem or make it possible to Computer cuts off when... run certain games so I put the disk and an error popped up saying so I googled this issue and found out it is a hardware issue So I read up on the issue and somebody told me to download memtest a RAM test so I uploaded this to my bootable pen drive and off I went around minutes in I got some sort of error I don t have a clue what this error means that s the main reason why I came here Is this the issue why my games keep turning off because of my RAM being faulty MemTest http i photobucket com albums w walsheh photo jpg Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

hi guys every now and again my comuter goes to a blue screen and says

***hardware malfunction
call your hardware vendor for support
***this system has halted
can anybody please help me out as its doing my fruit in
thanks guys

A:computer cuts out

Here's some basic stuff to begin with, follow these instructions then we'll look at more specific tests:(These instructions apply to Windows ME and XP, other versions may not have the functions described)Clean your internet cache and temporary files:
Click Start and Run then type in cleanmgr this will start the windows disk cleanup tool.
Tick the boxes beside Temporary internet Files, Recycle Bin and Temporary Files then click OK

Boot in Safe Mode and do a scandisk with the 'Thorough' and 'Fix' options checked.
If you are not sure how to boot in Safe Mode there is a tutorial here:
Safe Mode
How to find scandisk:
Start>My Computer. Right click the C: drive then Properties>Tools tab, click on Check Now

When that's finished do a defrag.
Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Defragmenter
They will take some time but at least you will know your hard drive is working correctly and tidied up.

Reboot and see if there's any improvement.

Check how much free space you have on your hard drive.
Start>My Computer click once on your C: drive and look in the Details box on the left.Scandisk will have checked your hard drive which is a major hardware component, you can also download a memory checker MemTest86 from here: http://www.memtest86.com/Create the bootable floppy and let the tests run at least overnight. If all is well that means your RAM is OK.Get back to us with a bit more information about the hardware in your system and the results of these tests and we'll go further.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/17478/computer-cuts-out/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey Guys,

I am using an old computer running on XP. This computer was perfectly fine a few months ago but now if I play a flash game or a YouTube video for 5- 10 minutes the computer might completely shut down.

I can play videos for hours from VLC media player but the computer cuts out while streaming. If anyone knows why this is happening please let me know. Its not too important as I am thinking of getting a new computer soon.

Thanks

A:Computer cuts out

What make/model PC?

Has the fan and vents been cleaned lately?

Install HWMonitor and post a screenshot of the program at idle and while streaming.

How to Post a Screenshot | Tech Support Forum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-cuts-out-679689.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi my unkles computer seems to keep cutting out. I think it may be because of temperature because it goes up to about 65c under stress but also when it cuts out the monitor for the computer turns off completely. It goes off and you have to press the button to turn it back on again. The computer speakers and screen are all running off one long extension cable and then in a 4 plug splitter. Could it be that the computer is drawing to much power under load. I have replaced the thermal compound and it didnt go down and the fan works fine. Also the heatsink doesnt feel like 65c when I touch it.

What does everyone think

Will the cpu be ok at that temp. Could the temp isue be from a bad sensor.
Do you think that the extension cable idea could be viable.

It is AMD Athlon 64 x2 5200+
with 1gb RAM
160gb hard drive
dvd-rw

A:Computer Cuts Out

do you have ups ?? is your computer earthed ??
don't use extension cables. Always plug to a wall socket

actually voltage fluctuations may create such problems

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-cuts-out.811963/
Relevancy 49.45%

just doing a check up my lap top will just randomly yet quite frequently boot me off the internet ex if im playing an online game almost every mins i get disconnected i dont think it's a problem with the machine because it's fairly new any help is much appreciated thanks guys this site rules you guys are killer cool D chup Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS suspect i out internet foul cuts play... wireless laptop system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless laptop wireless internet cuts out i suspect foul play... Assistant exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe C Program Files Common Files InterVideo SchSvr SchSvr exe C Program Files InterVideo Common Bin WinRemote exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe laptop wireless internet cuts out i suspect foul play... C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C Program Files Apoint laptop wireless internet cuts out i suspect foul play... K Apntex exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Samsung Digimax Viewer STImgBrowser exe C Program Files Hp Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files HPQ SHARED HPQWMI exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Product Assistant bin hprblog exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Documents and Settings Adam Hickey Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY lion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY lion amp pf laptop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY lion amp pf laptop O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAX C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe tray O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run hpWirelessAssistant C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run LSBWatcher c hp drivers hplsbwatcher lsburnwatcher exe O - HKLM Run eabconfg cpl C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe Start O - HKLM Run Cpqset C Program Files HPQ Default Settings cpqset exe O - HKLM Run Home Theater SchSvr quot C Program Files Common Files InterVideo SchSvr SchSvr exe quot O - HKLM Run WINREMOTE quot C Program Files InterVideo Common Bin WinRemote exe quot O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run AVG EMC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files Q... Read more

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi, For the past few days I have been facing a problem where my laptop will suddenly turn off when unplugged.Notebook details are mentioned below.Product Name: HP ENVY 15t-j000 Quad Edition CTO Notebook PC Produnct Number: C8P47AARMy battery was running well previously and a sudden failure doesnt make sense. Anyways thinking it was a bettery issue I searched the forums and ran diagnostics on my battery and they turned out to be okay. The diagnostic reports are attached below. HP Battery CheckUEFI Report I dont know whats causing this issue and where to go from here. Any help will be appreciated.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-turns-off-instantly-when-unplugged/td-p/5641595
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi

I have Windows 7 Pro (RTM) installed on a DELL Precision M65 laptop.
My LAN interface reports "Cable unplugged" although the cable is inserted and working.
I have no network connection through this interface.
the onboard NIC is a Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit adapter and the driver reports it is working correctly.
If i try to install the latest driver from Broadcom, Windows says I already have the latest driver installed!

Any Suggestions?

Thanks
Gordon

A:DELL Laptop cable unplugged

Possibilities include:

Bad cable
Bad port - check for dirt, etc.
DHCP sensing disabled jave you been tweaking?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/21339-dell-laptop-cable-unplugged.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I am looking for a way to stop my laptop screen from dimming when running on battery. I tried changing the power profile but it didn't make a difference. I don't care about battery life and want to be able to read my screen easily whether the laptop is plugged in or not. This did not used to occur. I suspect an update was installed several months ago that changed this behavior. Any ideas?

A:Laptop screen dims when A/C unplugged

It's normal. The purpose is to save battery power (by dimming the screen) when you are running on battery.

There will either be a setting in the Power Settings in Windows to adjust this feature (you can set the brightness level to whatever you want when you are in either battery or AC power), or you might have to go into the BIOS and adjust the setting there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-screen-dims-when-a-c-unplugged-504088.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Problem Laptop shuts off without warning nbsp while running but Dies Without Unplugged Laptop when Warning ONLY when unplugged nbsp When it's plugged in everything runs fine After it dies the only way to start it back up again is to plug in AC power When it is unplugged it lasts for an indeterminable amount of time and then dies again whenever it feels like nbsp nbsp Failed Solutions nbsp I've checked the battery diagnostics window F during startup and it tells me that the status of the battery is OK with more than charge capacity While the charge capacity could be better I see no reason why it would cause the laptop to randomly shut off Laptop Dies Without Warning when Unplugged nbsp I've changed the battery settings to ensure it does not sleep at a certain battery level I've updated the BIOS amp all driversI ran anti-virus and anti-malware solutions multiple times across multiple softwares I performed a system restore to a date on which I was not having the problemNothing has worked nbsp My best guess is that the battery itself is fried yet I'm not really sure how or why I have no problem purchasing a new battery and replacing it but I want to make sure my money is going towards the right solution nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-Dies-Without-Warning-when-Unplugged/td-p/5663560
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi, Everytime I unplug my laptop from the power source, it lags in a sense where i'm typing and nothing appears until i move my mouse. When I try to watch a video, the screen freezes until i move my mouse. Basically the laptop only responds when I move my mouse. Appreciate your help. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Laptop-lags-when-unplugged-from-power/td-p/5755171
Relevancy 49.45%

My laptop slows down drastically whenever its unplugged but goes back to normal speed when I plug it in. Any solutions? Also here are the specs
Intel Core 2 CPU T5500 1.5 ghz
Ati Mobility Radeon x2300
1 G ram
Windows XP SP3
Also, the battery drains real fast and should be done in around an hour.

Relevancy 49.45%

Hello! First of all, I'm not sure if this is the right sub-forum to be posting my question in, so I apologize in advance if it's the wrong one!

My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 15R and I sometimes use it to play games (ie. Portal 2, L4D...). Now, I know that laptops aren't exactly ideal for gaming, but it's all I've got, and it works pretty well for gaming, even high end games. But whenever I play games, I ALWAYS have to have my laptop plugged in, because whenever it's unplugged my games start to slow down and lag. I've already tried to fix this by changing my power settings, but I still can't get the performance up to when it is plugged in. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks!

Relevancy 49.45%

I do lots of art on my computer, so colors are rather important. I noticed the other day that colors appear to change slightly when unplugged. Here is the picture I noticed this on specifically:

Normally, it should be easy to see the smiley in the middle of the image. But when I unplugged my laptop (it's a thinkpad) the colors slowly faded to a bright yellow, making the smiley nearly invisible.

Anyone know how I can fix this?

A:Colors become more saturated when laptop is unplugged

All I can think of is you have got switchable graphics?so when you remove the power cord,it switches to the on board graphics,rather than the more powerful dedicated gpu.Does anything pop up on the screen asking if you want to swap?If not you need to go into your graphics settings,and just configure how you want them to work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/252650-colors-become-more-saturated-when-laptop-unplugged.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I tripped Mon my charger plug and pulled it out of the laptop. Now it won't charge. Is this computer doomed? 

A:tripped on cord and unplugged laptop. now it won't...

HI krisr971,

I'm sorry to hear of your problem.

Please let us know which model laptop you have and we'll direct your question to the right location.

Thanks!

Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.  Use the  Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/tripped-on-cord-and-unplugged-laptop-now-it-won-t-charge-can/td-p/429037/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 49.02%
Relevancy 49.02%

I Got My Steam 11 Notebook PC Probably 1 Or 2 Weeks Ago Now When You Start It Up It Will Show The HP Logo & Cut Off And Keep Doing The Same Thing I Had This Problem Before I Took It Back But Now I Find HP Support So Do Anbody Know What I Should Do

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/My-Steam-11-Notebook-PC-Cuts-On-amp-Cuts-Off-Please-Help/td-p/5705269
Relevancy 49.02%

The computer in question is a packard bell desktop days ago i m pretty sure it overheated the room out after 2-7 cuts seconds Computer was at c and it had been on a while and shut itself off When i turned it back on the Computer cuts out after 2-7 seconds fan went full power an was still going like that mins later so i turned it off Then when i Computer cuts out after 2-7 seconds turned it on again after about seconds it Computer cuts out after 2-7 seconds cuts out after a second attempt is was down to about and then even shorter - i stopped at that point I opened it up too see if there was anything loose and had a poke about by the time i was done about an hour later it turned on fine and everything was back to normal Next day it was fine and then today it cuts out again due to heat and after the fan blast the same thing happened I left it for hours everything cooled off - but still no action after seconds or so It s now been a day and still no luck i get fan blasts sometimes and seconds then cutout sometimes - but the longer i leave it the longer it seems to last left it for about hours and i got the beeps plus screen loading Is the computer thinking its still too hot and cutting off Or is this a power related problem The IT guy is abit creepy i d really like some help from you guys before i have to go to him S Sorry this is so long i guessed every detail counts Thanks Sam nbsp

A:Computer cuts out after 2-7 seconds

Check to see if the heatsink/fan assembly is loose. One or more of the mounting pins may have popped loose. I presume you have a Intel processor. It might help if you posted some of your system specifications.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-cuts-out-after-2-7-seconds.149347/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi. I'm running XP and it shows that I am connected to the Internet. It will work for a period of time, but after a while, I won't be able to surf the net or play online games. Although if you check the connection status, it says I am connected.

Why is this, how can I fix it? I already tried setting static IP too.

Also, if I wait for a long time (like 1 hour) the internet will work again.

Thanks for your help.

Relevancy 49.02%

I have a Dell XPS600 geforce 7900gtx sb xifi left computer on lastnight went to bed, got up this morning computer was off. Hit power button to come on the button just clicks starts to come on then goes off. After clicking button a while it finally comes on. Fans power up cd drvies power up sounds like everything is running but the screen will not come on, it stays black. I have taken out video card an sound card cleaned an reseated. Checked all cables inside all is pluged an seated properly.
So the short of it is computer shutoff itself an now when comes on monitor will not power up but fans an drvies do.

any suggestion with this would be appreciated, since im starting to thing my mobo as died.

A:Computer cuts but not monitor

Welcome to TSF!

As the drives are powering up it suggests that its not your motherboard that has died (if it had the drives and fans wouldn't work as they are motherboard controlled)
It could be a dead video card, make sure it is securely plugged in and that it has its secondary power (if it needs it). If possible borrow another video card (that you know works) from someone and try that out.

Regards,
Reventon

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-cuts-but-not-monitor-472793.html
Relevancy 49.02%

About months ago my computer started shutting itself off when I was gaming It wouldn t happen often but as time went by the frequency increased I thought it might power computer cuts be due to overheating of the cpu and got some computer cuts power software to gauge the temperature The cpu usually ran in the high s centigrade and sometimes would hit - That s the hottest I ve seen it go I recently installed a cooling system and now it never gets higher than about degrees however I m still having the computer cuts power shut down issue There s no warning when before it happens and when it does it s like someone pulled the plug on the computer It just goes dead Additionally the computer won t restart unless I disconnect the AC cord from the back of the computer for about seconds When I unplug the computer I can tell when it s okay to reattach the plug by listening for my usb scanner to reset I ve even left it sit overnight and tried to restart it without disconnecting the AC cable but it won t work I have to disconnect it If I reattach the plug before that the computer won t start Any ideas on how to go about diagnosing this problem I m guessing some component got damaged because of the heat but I have no idea how to figure out where the problem is Thanks Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor AMD Phenom tm II X Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB I Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd GA-MA T-UD P Antivirus None nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Ok the computer cuts off.... and the power button will not work, and when the computer is ready it cuts back on by it's self But when in windows the power button work but with it cutting off/on it only makes it to windows half of the time b4 it cuts back off the system is clean i have done house calls with trendmicro and other scans on the hdd could it be a bios setting? the processor stays at about 36 so it's not getting hot and i am lost.... any ideas?

A:Computer cuts off and then back on?

replace your PSU with a quality one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-cuts-off-and-then-back-on.52641/
Relevancy 49.02%

my computer is doing some strange things. Most recently it's
been cutting out...the screen goes blank and all programs stop running
but the computer still sounds like it's on and running (lights are on,
fan, etc). It wont turn off. Finally, after disconnecting the battery
and power source, I turn the computer back on and it brings up the
active desktop recovery button. The computer does this many times again and
again, at random times....it's been on and working for an hour now and
that's the longest its gone so far.

Does anyone know what might be going on here? I'd appreciate the help--this is driving me crazy!!

Thanks

A:Computer cuts out but stays on....Help!

Hi beandip999 and welcome to TSF!

Firstly, have you upgraded anything in your system recently? If so, this could be a component or power supply problem.

Next, are you getting any other error messages, even if they seem unrelated?

Also, go into your Event Viewer (Start->All Programs->Administrative Tools->Event Viewer or if that isn't there, either go into your control panel and double click on Administrative Tools then Event Viewer or just type 'eventvwr.msc' into your run box - without the quotes of course) and tell us if there are any errors in the System section - If so, can you let us know the exact error you are receiving.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-cuts-out-but-stays-on-help-51255.html
Relevancy 49.02%

HELLO, MY COMPUTER HAS WINDOWX XP PROFESSIONAL ON IT. IT HAS NO VIRUSES OR WORMS BECAUSE I JUST REINSTALLED XP ON IT. WHILE ON THE INTERNET IT WILL CUT OFF AND RESTART AT DIFFERENT TIMES. I HAVE STOPPED ALL START UP PROGRAMS AND IT STILL DOES IT THINKING IT MIGHT BE A PROGRAM. EVERYTHING WORKS GREAT EXCEPT FOR THE RESTARTING AT ANY TIME. I CHECKED DEVICE MANAGER AND THEIR ARE NO ERRORS FOR ANY DEVICES. ANY SUGGESTIONS, THANKS

A:Computer Cuts Off Ramdomly

First suggestion is unclick your caps lock button...

Now do you get any type of errors on your screen ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-cuts-off-ramdomly.178875/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi all im new here so if this causing M880G to laptop die ATI Driver when unplugged is in the wrong place or ive not added enough details I m sorry and please advice what else I need to add Here it goes I have a Compaq running Windows pro x which runs perfectly on power but as soon as I unplug it from AC the laptop will freeze and the screen wil go white The only fix is ATI M880G Driver causing laptop to die when unplugged to hold the power down and restart In safe mode the laptop works fine unplugged and the laptop ATI M880G Driver causing laptop to die when unplugged worked flawlesdsly in ubunutu on and off AC which is why I think its the ATI driver I have tried downloading the driver from HP s website from ATI M880G Driver causing laptop to die when unplugged AMD s website and also using windows updates all have the same problem and I ve also up dated my Bios to the latest available My Specs are Compaq CQ -A SA CPU AMD GHz V HDD GB rpm RAM GB Ram VIDEO ATI M G Radeon Any help would be great thanks

A:ATI M880G Driver causing laptop to die when unplugged

The system should be logging an event which you can view in Event Viewer. Could you please post any Event IDs which are prefixed with either a black exclamation mark inside a yellow warning triangle, or a white cross inside a red circle and which have taken place over the last couple of days. To open Event Viewer, follow instructions here: How to open Event Viewer

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/447049/ati-m880g-driver-causing-laptop-to-die-when-unplugged/
Relevancy 48.59%

Okay so i have already looked at devmgmt msc it shows for network controller and sm bus controller First of all i d like to say the problem i am having is with another laptop i own vgn-c g sony vaio so i went to sony com typed in laptop code got the driver for my yukon e ethernet card because i thoigh that was the problem at first But yeah it just keeps saying unplugged after i reinstalled the yukon card driver i reinstalled the network and network control drivers i could find for the laptop from sony com So what is wrong with my system I just cannot at all access the wireless in my house that network Laptop cable problem. unplugged i am currently posting this on from the other laptop is fine but local area connection just says unplugged And before you ask i do have the wireless button pushed to the on position and i restarted after reinstalling the three drivers i found please help Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

My Laptop screen had been working perfectly for months Then out of the blue It started to get washed out white I do not know how long this has been happening or when it started but I just noticed it recently on a trip I use my Acer Laptop as a work PC so it s generally plugged into a Monitor I was traveling amp I brought it with me I turned it on amp all seemed normal The flying Win colors did there dance as the system started to boot up Then I d see the quot Login quot screen for a second or then Bam the screen went white out of nowhere I thought I was the victim of some kind of quot white-screen-of death quot The Laptop is barely a year old Then I noticed if I tilted the screen all the way forward I could make out the Login screen icon amp window I typed my password amp it continued to boot up Now my desktop was normal with all the colors correct I figured it was a weird glitch a time thing After about - second the screen when white again Now there was no way to get it back to normal I could see everything on mydesktop in the faded white washed out background I ended up doing emails in that condition it sucked -I ve tried rebooting x times Same thing happens -I ve check amp installed all latest Windows Updates -I did Virus amp malware scan x with nothing dangerous found -I checked to see if my brightness level was somehow set all the way Laptop My whited Screen all unplugged! out when is Acer up Nope -I started in Safe mode x It does NOT get the White out effect However it does NOT fix it upon normal reboot -I have OS on my Laptop Vista came with it originally For My Acer Laptop Screen is all whited out when unplugged! work we got Win I can boot to Vista fine every time -When the screen is all washed out I can plug it into my monitor amp it works amp looks just fine I have no idea why this is happening amp would love to get some help with this Maybe I m doing something stupid If so please let me know I appreciate any help I can get Thanks everybody -----------------ACER Aspire ZWin Pro x Pent Dual-core T GHz GRam

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/331747/my-acer-laptop-screen-is-all-whited-out-when-unplugged/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi It seems the last windows update which i have since rolled back from to no avail has 'unplugged' my internal soundcard in my alienware m x r 10 soundcard. laptop update my 'unplugged' Windows Help. a soundblaster recon di Turned computer on to find speakers not working and not listed under playback devices jacks and headphones were however ok Today I tried to fix it by uninstalling all creative drivers and reinstalling hadn't looked at device manager at this point On trying to reinstall everything kept giving me quot no supported device quot type errors and wouldn't allow me to put creative drivers or software back on tried extracting packages running as admin etc Then I had a look at device manager only to find my soundcard was no longer listed but even worse there are no mystery devices Windows 10 update 'unplugged' my laptop soundcard. Help. to install drivers for It also won't detect any new hardware Using the add legacy option only gave Windows 10 update 'unplugged' my laptop soundcard. Help. me one option from creative as a manufacturer which was totally inappropriate Dxdiag also shows no soundcard now and the bios has nothing mentioning a sound device There are however two entries under system devices in device manager called quot high definition audio controller quot After a lot of rebooting I seemed able to install a Windows 10 update 'unplugged' my laptop soundcard. Help. driver successfully using an installer not directly via device manager and the sb control panel which I need for my jacks to work however still no soundcard showing no speakers and no sound through jacks Eventually I tried using a program called drivereasy to check my drivers thinnking it might see something i couldn't Happily I saw it had an entry for an audio device and even listed it correctly as a recon di and offered to download an updated driver However it lists the device as unplugged How on earth do i force windows to see it again or virtually plug it back in Since 'upgrading' from windows Ive had a few problems with the sound and installing drivers but never had the entire device vanish even from device manager At my wits end googled my arse off tried a lot of suggestions but am going quietly insane

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/64895-windows-10-update-unplugged-my-laptop-soundcard-help.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I'm not sure if this would be a hardware or a software issue as I have loggin unplugged when laptop with Graphic in issues never come across an issue like this before Yesterday I reinstalled Windows created my own recovery drive using Grub dos and set up my computer just as I wanted Graphic issues when loggin in with laptop unplugged it installed some basic software and installed Deep Freeze why I took such security and backup measures I just wanted too And then for the first time I booted my laptop without being plugged Log in with laptop plugged in Everything works fine Log into windows with laptop unplugged The screen displays as if the graphics card was going out for about - minutes I have no clue what can cause this At first I thought something was corrupt or the graphics card was going out but then it fixed itself after - minutes and when I log in with my laptop plugged in it works fine So neither make sense to me and if it were the graphics card wouldn't it display poorly from boot If anyone can help me get to the bottom of this it would be greatly appriciated

A:Graphic issues when loggin in with laptop unplugged

Hi cruzer250,

If you only used your laptop when its plugged in, It will damage your laptop battery. The battery if not discharged after changing  over a long period of time will cause the cells in the battery to die. 

Many battery manufactures recommend changing to 80% battery life and to recharge around 10%  battery life.

Hope this helps

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/533353/graphic-issues-when-loggin-in-with-laptop-unplugged/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a Vostro laptop just over a year old O S Windows XP Pro SP RAM gb CPU Intel Core Duo ghz A few days ago as I unplugged the power cord to move to a different room as I have done hundreds of times over the past year the laptop rebooted Thinking this power when reboots Laptop unplugged. cord was odd I let it boot completely off of the battery then plugged it in Nothing happened apart from the computer registered that it had been plugged in and was working off of AC So Laptop reboots when power cord unplugged. I unplugged the power cord again after checking to see that the batter was in fact fully charged Again it rebooted So I decided to check the Event log to see if it logged any errors The event log didn t show anything out of the ordinary for the laptop So I decided it might be a hardware issue To check I manually rebooted the laptop while it was plugged in and then unplugged it at the BIOS screen To my surprise it kept booting up So I plugged unplugged it at regular intervals partway through loading Windows the action of unplugging the cord once again caused a reboot I am clueless as to what is going on other than it must be a problem with a Windows component Does anyone know anything I can try Thank you Tyler Sweet

A:Laptop reboots when power cord unplugged.

More Info: I've played around some more, it has the same behavior when booted from a Ubuntu Live CD, but NOT when you boot from the Dell Utility CD, which asks you to unplug the adapter as part as the tests. It also did not find any errors, even when running the test seven times.
Please, Most of my day is moving my laptop between jobs and rooms, I'd really like to not have to shutdown my laptop just to move from one room to another.
-Tyler Sweet

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/227783/laptop-reboots-when-power-cord-unplugged/
Relevancy 48.59%

I've recently picked up a Samsung ATIV Book 9 Plus (first windows 8 experience) and have come across a display issue whenever the laptop gets unplugged, namely that the colors become incredibly dark as it the contrast takes a dive.

Here is a recreation.
http://i.imgur.com/CCIb6pQ.png

Specs from amazon:

Intel Core i5-4200U Processor4GB (4GB x 1) DDR3 Memory (1600MHz)128 GB Solid-State Drive SATA313.3" LED QHD+, 3200 x 1800, 16:9, 10 Point Capacitive Touch Screen, Intel HD Graphics 4400Windows 8 (64-bit)

Any help in resolving this issue will be greatly appreciated

A:Laptop colors darken when unplugged [not brightness]

You say it's not brightness, but have you tried using the brightness keys to see if it makes any difference?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/32090-laptop-colors-darken-when-unplugged-not-brightness.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I just purchased an Acer Ferrari 4000 and as I was trying to connect to the internet, my LAN line says 'A network cable is unplugged. Now, I tried two different working LAN connections, and I know they are working because I confirmed it with another computer. Also, I am positive my newtork card is working because I pinged my offline IP and had 4 packages sent and 4 recieved. No matter what LAN connection I plug in, my laptop doesnt seem to detect it and it still says 'A newtork cable is unplugged'. My TC/IP is all set to automatically detect IP addresses. All my little pins are lined up and the connection seems to be there.... my computer just doesnt seem to detect it.... any ideas?

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi im a newbie on the site and need help My main pc keeps dropping the connetion to the internet when my laptop is shut down I have pc laptop main when shutdown network unplugged just set up a x micro router so that my daughter can use my internet connection with her laptop everthing works fine while the laptop is connected but as soon as the laptop is shut down the connection keeps saying local area connection unplugged every few minuets then if i reconnect the laptop the connection is fine again main pc network unplugged when laptop shutdown The connection is also ok when the main pc is directly into the modem so its not the connection The main pc is on win and is hard wired into the router I also have just connected another old pc which is also on win to the router hard wired and it s connection drops out at the same time as the main pc so it appears to be a problem between the router and the modem which is confusing as it then works ok when the lap is working on wireless can any one help thanks in anticipation main pc network unplugged when laptop shutdown malc nbsp

A:main pc network unplugged when laptop shutdown

Welcome to TechSpot

Can you explain some more what you have there?

Modem (cable, dsl or dialup) which one?
Router (wired or wireless)
Main PC running Windows 2000 Pro or ME?
Laptop running what OS?
Is the Laptop wireless or wired?

Did you create a home workgroup network?
Did you give it a name like (malc23)

Are all the PCs setup correctly to obtain the IP?
Which brand of Router did you get?

On the Main PC do this...
Click on start
Click on run
type: cmd (if you're running Windows 2000 Pro)
type: cd\windows
type: ipconfig /all >mainpc.txt
type: route print >mainpc2.txt
press enter
type: exit

Now

click on start
click on run
type: c:\windows\mainpc.txt
click okay
click on start
click on run
type: c:\windows\mainpc2.txt

Now repeat the above for the laptop but make sure you change first mainpc.txt to lappc.txt and call the second one mainpc2.txt to lappc2.txt.

Compare what you get to see what's going on in your workgroup network setup.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/main-pc-network-unplugged-when-laptop-shutdown.67650/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi I got a Lenovo ThinkPad for Christmas months ago and when I got it I started setting it up you know setting up my profile and whatnot I My down shuts unplugged, Lenovo when instantly help! laptop made a profile and started installing games My Lenovo laptop shuts down instantly when unplugged, help! and all that kind of stuff so after I did all that I unplugged it cause I wanted to put it away into the case because I had somewhere to be the next morning so I wanted to put it away early to get it over with Anyway when I unplugged it that first night I expected the battery to just start slowly draining like all laptops do but instead the laptop just INSTANTLY shut down just My Lenovo laptop shuts down instantly when unplugged, help! poof black screen so I started it up unplugged and it drained very quickly At first I thought maybe it was because the battery wasn t charged up but it was still odd how it just shut off instantly when it was unplugged I thought it was odd but put it in the case anyway and went to bed I used it for a few days plugged in at all times however one day I was playing a game and the computer accidentally got unplugged I don t remember how being it was about or months ago but anyway like I said it was accidentally unplugged and once again POOF black screen This time I was very irritated cause I had to restart everything I had done in my game in that session Before the computer was unplugged I hovered over the charging icon and seen it was at so I was very confused now cause it should have kept going even after it was unplugged because since it is at it would only make sense So I once again stupidly just forgot about it and kept doing what I was doing Now months later it is still doing the same thing I am not too good with computers but I knew enough to look into the power settings in control panel but that was useless I did some other things to mess with power settings but nothing The computer works great and as long as it is plugged in but it is very annoying and odd how this does it when its unplugged I did some research and some others with my same computer are also having some issues but none got any good answers for me anyway Some answers said the battery is old or could be damaged Like I said though I would maybe think the battery is damaged but I have been having this issue since day the battery was never used before so unless it is defected that cannot be the case I also seen some people say they ordered a new battery and it didn t do anything I should have taken this into account back when I got it and maybe taken it to a shop I just didn t care that much at the time now I really need to find a fix to this issue Thanks in advance to everyone who answers to this question nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi, so today I unplugged my computer while it was still running by accident. Now it wont start at all, no lights, no fans, nothing. I am concerned that it may be a problem with my power supply (maybe fried it or something). And no its not a problem with the cord (I tried a different one), its not a problem with the power switch (the one that you switch to either circle or line) because I tried it both ways. However recently my computers power button stopped working so my brother hooked up an old keyboard to my computer so to start it I will press a key on that keyboard and it will start up my computer, so I have to keyboards one to start the computer up and one to type. So in summary im not really sure what the problem is but im 90% sure it has something to do with either my "power keyboard" of my Power Supply so yeah. Any help will be apreciated

A:Accidentaly unplugged computer without shutting down. Computer will not start.

Try and get a psu off a friend who might have a extra one. Go from there. This way you might be able to narrow it down. It really hard to say what happen .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/accidentaly-unplugged-computer-without-shutting-down-computer-will-not-start.203970/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello I have a major PC problem probably ought to shoot it I have an HP pavilion w running Windows XP with mb ram intel celeron processor gb hard drive A few days ago when turned Computer time every it's on cuts off I tried to boot the computer up in the morning it would cut off after just a little while the first day twice then it worked ok The next day it did that Computer cuts off every time it's turned on over and over all day I tried to do a recovery It stayed on for the recovery then while doing the quot new quot computer startup it shut off again I never could get it to finish the start up now it just hangs on quot please wait quot on the xp splash screen then cuts off I tried changing out some of the parts I had an old computer that I took parts off of When I changed the hard drive BINGO the computer works with the new hard drive so I guess I found out the problem The old hard drive is gb and runs windows The problem with that is it won't recognize the cdrom the video driver only shows colors etc I can't connect to the internet to see if I can download the drivers because I have to use the cdrom to set up my cable modem SOMEBODY please advise me of what to do about this problem If anybody has any suggestions on fixing the computer with the original hard drive it would be TERRIFIC If not what can I do to fix the old one I replaced it with I very much would appreciate your help Thank you

A:Computer cuts off every time it's turned on

Hello and Welcome to TSF

You can try a repair install. It may solve your problems if the hard drive is not on its way out.
You may want to check the integrity of the drive before proceeding. Run the hard drives manufactures Diagnostic Utility.
http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287

If the drive comes back with now errors proceed with the Repair
Follow these instructions.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ps/doug92.mspx

Configure your computer to start from the CD-ROM drive. Then insert your Windows XP Setup CD, and restart your computer.

1.When the Press any key to boot from CD message is displayed on your screen, press a key to start your computer from the Windows XP CD.

2.Press ENTER when you see the message To setup Windows XP now, and then press ENTER displayed on the Welcome to Setup screen.

3.Do not choose the option to press R to use the Recovery Console.

4.In the Windows XP Licensing Agreement, press F8 to agree to the license agreement.

5.Make sure that your current installation of Windows XP is selected in the box, and then press R to repair Windows XP.

6.Follow the instructions on the screen to complete Setup.

If you have xp sp2 installed it needs to be incorporated into your xp disk or it will not offer the repair option only the clean install.

Slipstreaming Windows XP Service Pack 2 and Create Bootable CD

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-cuts-off-every-time-its-turned-on-89693.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a Gateway desktop VIsta 64 bit. Occasionally I come back to my computer when it has been in standby or I had earlier asked it to shut down and it appears to have powered off, but the fans are running, sometimes at higher speed. Turning the power on and off does not get it to start up, but if I cut power completely and restart it, all will run as usual, besides an error message that windows had shut down unexpectedly. It has never cut out when I've been using it, so it doesn't make sense that it would be overheating. I have several in case fans and the side off, so I think I'm getting plenty of ventilation. Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-cuts-out-on-standby-fans-run.1091703/
Relevancy 48.59%

Computer issue -Computer working perfectly fine last night -This morning to move computer off sleep mode it starts powering on then off again after a second -This goes on for a few minutes can not turn off computer normally so I cut power after off then not Powers on. a powering Computer on second. cuts -Try to turn it on again after a few more minutes but previous issue continues -Cut power again this time unplug everything Move to another surface let it sit -After an hour goes Computer not powering on. Powers on then cuts off after a second. by plug in power cord noticed green light in back is on so I hit power button fan starts going like it is starting up I plug in monitor see nothing on screen-Noticed that green light in the back has turned off and light on power button is orange -Turn off computer by holding down power button and let it sit for about minutes -Attempted to turn Computer not powering on. Powers on then cuts off after a second. on computer again goes back to powering on and shutting off again Computer type Dell Inspiron not Computer not powering on. Powers on then cuts off after a second. sure on exact model will have to look it up Notes -Usually leave computer on due to always working on projects -Had computer since summer -Never open up side panel to go inside it before I ve looked up the problem already and I ve read that it is most likely power supply unit but could also be mother board and I have even read one account of it being a static shutdown Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

I am having this issue and have been searching online for days with no solution, so hoping someone here can help..
I have a dell laptop that suddenly started getting this message about network cable is unplugged, when it in fact isn't.. I cannot run ipconfig, i get an error that says it's not allowed. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. The light on the network port is on, and I've tried several known working cables with no luck. I even went so far as to buy a dlink ethernet adapter that plugs into the laptop slot (pcm I think it's called) and this network card has the same issue, however works perfectly in another machine. I have tried winsock repairs I found online, but having no luck anywhere.
Any suggestions? Any further questions? Thanks!

John

A:Network cable unplugged error, but it's not unplugged

If it is not unplugged, you have a damaged socket, damaged cable, or damaged or defective ethernet card.
What error flags to you have in the Device Manager?
What is your Dell model and how old is it?
Using a strong light and a magnifying glass, look for bent or twisted wire in the ethernet socket., or just plain ol dirt, dust, hair, and fiber.
Still, a bad cable is most user's most likely problem. Do't forget that the other end of the connection can give you the same error message.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-cable-unplugged-error-but-its-not-unplugged.133483/
Relevancy 48.16%

I am printing a Microsoft Word document and the numbers are cut off at the bottom of the page This is using an HP inkjet Part of the footer is lost as well When I change the printer and print from our page; cuts page of footer Printer numbers well off bottom at of off Cuts as part Canon ir Printer Cuts off page numbers at bottom of page; cuts off part of footer as well LASER everything is printed in its entirety There are no problems Printer Cuts off page numbers at bottom of page; cuts off part of footer as well and that s with me not altering the Word file whatsoever I am able to print an Excel spreadsheet using the HP until about quot of the bottom of the page These page numbers Printer Cuts off page numbers at bottom of page; cuts off part of footer as well in the Word are much higher up physically and should not be out of the range of the printer considering what it can do for the Excel file Lastly when viewing the document in quot Print Preview quot in Word if I have the HP set to print it does not show that the footer will be printed If I change the Printer to the Canon the footer returns So Print Preview accurately tells me what will be printed based on which printer I select to print from Is this an issue in Microsoft Word How can I print these footers and page numbers from my HP Chris nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-cuts-off-page-numbers-at-bottom-of-page-cuts-off-part-of-footer-as-well.913971/
Relevancy 48.16%

Dell Vostro laptop running XP with a Realtek network card connected to a peer to peer network (7 pcs) with a Netgear router providing internet . The laptop has 3 userids defined (one for the main user and two others that are used less than once a year). For some reason I can only enable the wired network connection from one of the IDs (and not the one for the main user). The other two show cable unplugged when try to enable the connection. (The one that does work shows cable unplugged momentarily on enable but then enables with a double click). Upgraded to latest Realtek driver but same result. Also if swap cable same result so it looks like a software issue. All 3 IDs work fine on wireless, but as location is some way from router wireless signal is low so this is not an ideal workaround. Any ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wired-connection-only-connects-on-1-out-3-ids-on-laptop-others-say-cable-unplugged.173401/
Relevancy 48.16%

I ve read through hundreds of posts trying to figure out my issue Unfortunately I ve been unsuccessful Here s the at WiFi office home Company Connects not but at WiFi Solved: Secure to Laptop issue I was given a new laptop for work and it connects fine to our secure wireless network at the office but when I brought it home it will not connect to my wireless network at home When I try to connect to my network at home the wireless manager sits and spins saying quot trying to acquire network address quot I have iPhones eMachine and Macbook connected to my network working fine and dandy However the HP laptop from work simply won t connect unless wired I have tried the following Uninstalled and reinstalled the driver Power Solved: Company Laptop Connects to Secure WiFi at office but not WiFi at home Cycled my Router Power Cycled my entire network WinsockXPFix tool I m completely at a loss here No idea what to do to fix this I m running Windows XP and have a Wire router I appreciate any advice anyone can give me to help solve this annoyance nbsp

A:Solved: Company Laptop Connects to Secure WiFi at office but not WiFi at home

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-company-laptop-connects-to-secure-wifi-at-office-but-not-wifi-at-home.848389/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello fellas i need to connect my dumb Xbox to connect to to modem--->not Solved: live!!! wifi able laptop+wifi xbox360+USB live for it does not play any movies and asks to connect to live that i am unable to do OKey here is the plit- gt i have a usb modem that i connect into my laptop wihch has wifi n all that now i create an adhoc n w first on lapi--the xbox detects and connects but still test connection fails the xbox is unable to connect to the adhoc n w second i Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!! tried creating a adhoc n w on my xbox-- gt lapi connects to that n w but still the test conncetion fails on the xbox I have checked quot Allow users to use this n w quot for my USB modem connection which i use to connect to Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!! the internet In Properties-- gt Sharing But here it asks to select the n w connection out of options Wireless conn Wireless conn Local Area Conn Sometimes it shows only Wileless Conn and LAN i tried every possible combination of all these settings but nothing is working The internet on my laptop works fine I am using Win Home Premium I just need to connect my Xbox to my laptop wirelessely and use the internet connection my laptop is using i tried some manual settings of ip subnet n dns server on my xbox n lapi in this case the xbox connects to the network while connection test but does not connects to laptop HELP guys nbsp

A:Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-laptop-wifi-xbox360-usb-modem-not-able-to-connect-to-live.1032051/
Relevancy 48.16%

guys i have a strange problem with my WiFi lately
yesterday the my laptop lost the connection to my WiFi modem and when i tried to search it my laptop not find any WiFi modem but the other device such as: my smartphone detect it normally. but after that, i tried windows troubleshooting and it found that "you've lost your internet connect" and suggest some way to solve this problem, i followed the instruction and voila, my internet connection appear again but next 4 hours, it's dead again, i went to troubleshooting and it worked fine again.
so guys please help me to solve this annoying problem...
thanks before

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-suddenly-lost-wifi-connection-and-cant-detect-wifi.1108989/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi, My laptop has a very weak wifi detection. Only when the wifi signal is very strong can it detect the wifi. I tried contacting HP regarding the same. They said it could be a loose connection with the wifi antenna. I have been waiting for the custumer service in my area to contact me(like HP promised!!!) for quite a long time now . Now I am in urgent need to get this fixed. I was wondering if an external wifi adapter would solve this issue. Mine is a Windows 10 laptop. Model no: ab030tx (pavilion). If an external adapter works, what would you suggest? (I am confused as a lot of products available in market only convert the laptop to a hotspot) 

A:Weak WiFi detection of laptop: will an external wifi adapter...

Dear Customer, In case if your laptop is under warranty, You may call  HP and will replace the Wireless card.Contact HPhttp://support.hp.com/us-en/checkwarranty However you may still use the External WIFI USB Adapters, I would like to share a document which helps how to choose the required Adapters.http://www.howtogeek.com/243330/how-to-choose-a-usb-wi-fi-adapter-for-your-laptop/ After trying you may search the model of the adapter online with Amazon for price details. Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Weak-WiFi-detection-of-laptop-will-an-external-wifi-adapter/td-p/5852627
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi All,

I am new to this forum..few day agai got to know that I can make my Windows 7 Laptop a HotSpot via Virtual WiFi...so I tried to make my laptop hotspot and the same can be detected from my iPhone also...i can connect connect iPhone to my laptop...but i cant access any internet..
i have also tried putting off my firewall but with no use....
can somebody help me out with the same?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-iphone-via-wifi-from-windows-7-virtual-wifi-laptop.971585/
Relevancy 48.16%

from device manager network controller is yellow
this is windows 7 64 bit
dell latitude e6410

tried to install below drivers , all of them did not install need help
Network_Driver_WD35F_WN_5.100.235.12_A37.exe
Network_Driver_3MNPT_WN_15.10.0.10_A06.exe
NIC_DRVR_WIN_R254689.exe

A:wifi icon is red cross, also wifi light on laptop does not show up

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... Select the Network Controller Right click select Property's ...

Then the Details Tab and Post any Info it says there ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/357267-wifi-icon-red-cross-also-wifi-light-laptop-does-not-show-up.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello here is a link to the original threadOriginal PostI have been asked to supply logs aswell which are attached Although I followed your guide and when I went to use GMER the only things I could uncheck were services registry and files aswell as the drives on my computer The Computer to short folders changing cuts rest were greyed out including show all However i ran the scan and attached the results anywayThankyou for your help As an update So as I explained in my other post I formatted my c drive which seemed to Computer changing folders to short cuts fix the issue But then when I plugged in the infected USB hard drive into my housemates vista laptop The Recycler folder with the c exe exe inside reappeared However the laptop s virus checker popped up said there was a trojan and removed it Now I have plugged the same hard drive back in the school computer and the recycler folder has not re appeared nor are my folders shortcuts School computers are windows they have xp computers aswell so i shall try on them too later Dylan

A:Computer changing folders to short cuts

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/422743 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/422743/computer-changing-folders-to-short-cuts/
Relevancy 47.73%

When playing some full screen games, but seemingly not all (League of Legends, Dark Souls 2, and Bardbarian so far) and not every time, my computer's Audio will completely cut and my monitor will say No Signal but the lights and fans inside my tower are still on and the light on my mouse is also still on. Any help on this problem would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

A:Audio/Video cuts but computer still running

Are your MSWindows, Audio&Video drivers all up to date?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/audio-video-cuts-but-computer-still-running-877873.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey guys Ok here s the problem I ve boots Computer the hours. after (most out cuts then of 1-3 time) and been using said computer for about years Never really had a problem A few weeks ago I got a new XPS to replace it Computer boots (most of the time) and then cuts out after 1-3 hours. So the old computer was left around for about a week before i moved it to another room and set it up It booted the same as always and was running for Computer boots (most of the time) and then cuts out after 1-3 hours. hours when it turn off No quot windows is shutting down quot just a click and then nothing Since then most of the time it boots okay Sometimes it gets stuck on startup and i need to switch it off at the back but when its on for an hour or two it turns off again I checked the connections and noticed the the monitor port was moving a bit I opened up the case and it had come unstuck from the screw but was still plugged in fully Any clues By the way this happens when i boot in Computer boots (most of the time) and then cuts out after 1-3 hours. XP and Vista Computer is a Medion from ALDI I m so ashamed Radeon Intel pentium gb RAM OS XP Vista Ultimate Sorry i dont know the rest of the spec because i m not on that computer at the moment If you need more info i ll boot it up and check Any help at all would be greatly appreciated Thanks Ger nbsp

A:Computer boots (most of the time) and then cuts out after 1-3 hours.

well, i had this problem with an older machine about 2 years ago now, and it was a PSU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-boots-most-of-the-time-and-then-cuts-out-after-1-3-hours.92563/
Relevancy 47.73%

I just bought a new computer running Windows 7. Whenever I stream live internet audio the connection sporadically drops off. The strange thing is I streamed the same audio signal on two other computers running Vista and XP and I could hear the audio on both continuously while the Windows 7 computer dropped the audio. All three computers are on the same network but only the windows seven computer cuts out. Sometimes I will lose audio stream for a few seconds or several minutes before streaming again. Can anyone help?

A:Streaming audio cuts out on Windows 7 computer

Welcome to the form with you first post. Can you shed some light on to your new system? What specs do you have. More about your router? Cable or DSL modem. Have you changed any settings in the new system? Is this a laptop, netbook or desktop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/streaming-audio-cuts-out-on-windows-7-computer.146177/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello I am running windows professional with the free version of AVG fully updated and ive had this virus for about a week and to Computer short changing cuts folders what happens is it changes all my folders on any usb plugged into my computer to shortcuts Originally I accidently opened a bad mail attatchment from kingdom of loathing and my compuyter Computer changing folders to short cuts kept comming up with critical system errors basically a scareware and it changed all my folders on my computer to shortcuts i couldnt access regedit or any applications and when I clicked on a shortcut folder a dos prompt would come up and dissapear So I formatted my computer and all my external HDD s and it fixed my computer anyway Now every time i plug in a usb stick or external hard drive it changes the folders I did some research and managed to get the folders back and found a suspicious folder on every usb stick called RECYCLER inside it is an exe called c exe and a desktop inf I have tried AVG anti virus Malwarebytes spyware search and destroy and none could detect it I also used autorun inf eater which found a bad autorun inf on all the external drives which It deleted However when it deleted it and i took out the HDD then plugged it back in the RECYCLER folder and the autorun inf come back I should also not a file which I beleive is an exe with a recycle bin icon appears occasionally I took one of my usbs to uni to do some work and when my freind plugged in their external HDD with my infected USB the virus went onto his external HDD So what we did was take the now infected HDD put it on a new computer took all his files off of it then unplugged the newly infected drive and put in a new drive and put all the files on that Which worked he has used it for a day with no issue I read a tutorial to find some bad registry entries which may be the problem but could never find exactally what they asked for on another forum From memory it was in the HKEY software folder in windows then explorer and they had me look for a hide or super hide entry which wassnt there For the last day I ended up formatting all my usbs and externals and my computer again Which I thought worked because the RECYCLER folder or the autorun inf never came back no matter how many times I unplugged the drive and plugged it back in Great I thought then I decided to try another laptop with vista and outdated mcaffe antivirus Soon as I plugged in the external its back However when I plugged it back in my computer and deleted the autorun inf and RECYCLER folder and repaired the folders formatted the external HDD then took it out and plugged it back in its fine on my computer One way I know this is when I suspected I had the virus it wouldnt let me eject the HDD saying it was used by another process That has stopped now If anyone can help that would be wonderful as im trying to fix my freinds external HDD I should also add after formatting all the drives and my computer again the autorun inf never comes back nor the RECYCLER exe it just changes the folders to shortcuts and makes the real folders hidden system folders I hope I have put enough information here and Im happy to provide more if need be

A:Computer changing folders to short cuts

With the information you have provided I believe you will need help from the malware removal team. I would like you to start a new thread HERE and include a link to this thread. Please make sure that you read the information about getting started before you start your thread.It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/422728/computer-changing-folders-to-short-cuts/
Relevancy 47.73%

I'm having an issue recently that affects power [SOLVED] gameplay cuts Computer during me when I play fairly [SOLVED] Computer cuts power during gameplay demanding games such as Planetside Borderlands or even Sonic Generations I have monitored the temperature of my GPU and CPU both through OCCT and both never rise higher than C so I am very doubtful that it is a temperature problem The PC itself is mostly brand new the specs will be posted at the bottom of this post The PSU a CiT UB is the only exception to this along with two HDDs but even then the PSU is only a year old and it has powered GPUs that have demanded a higher voltage than my current one for that entire time I'm not ruling out that it's a PSU problem but I imagine the problems would be more prominent or severe if it were The symptoms I can play any game I want on this computer for at least minutes without any hint of problem whatsoever From then on though it's anyone's guess when the inevitable happens the power from the computer seems to completely cut off without prompt or warning whatsoever I can also immediately turn the PC back on without unplugging replugging the power cable in or flipping the switch The [SOLVED] Computer cuts power during gameplay Event Viewer posts under details for 'Event ID Task Category - System - Provider Name Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Guid C B A- - C -AC E- C D B EventID Version Level Task Opcode Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Correlation - Execution ProcessID ThreadID Channel System Computer SwizzlePC-Mk - Security UserID S- - - - EventData BugcheckCode BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x SleepInProgress false PowerButtonTimestamp ----------------- No other irregularities seem to be posted in the event viewer around or before these times I suspected at first it could be something to do with a program called NetBT due to errors occurring just prior to shutdowns but have since dropped those chances as errors regarding that program have not occurred the previous couple of times my PC has shut down Note that this does not happen with every game I play only ones that seem to demand higher performance I attempted to follow a 'chkdsk at startup' suggestion to another user on another board but every time I got the chkdsk prompt on boot it would freeze at the 'Press key within second s ' and proceed no further until I restarted the computer of course this once again led to the chkdsk boot prompt screen though pressing keys to attempt to cancel would also fail to have any affect at all most of the time resulting in multiple restarts I have installed the recommended Microsoft hotfix found here to prevent this error and yet it still happens This also leads me to believe my HDD could be the problem but again I am not sure as I am unable to perform chkdsk So I need help progressing from here honestly I've trawled online for the longest time looking for a solution only to find posts stopping just short of what seems like a solution and suggestions prior to this have not worked for me I'm doubling over and requesting help regarding this in the hopes that other people with this problem will also find this thread and I will make sure to see this through to a solution if you can help me Thanks Jay EDIT I also have attempted to reseat the RAM and GPU each individually The PC seems to run fine on any of the GB stick of RAM alone each time I started it up ---COMPUTER SPECS--- Gigabyte GA- A-DS Socket AM ATX Motherboard AMD FX- GHz Socket AM MB Cache Processor Corsair GB x GB DDR MHz XMS Memory CL V EVGA GTX SuperClocked GB GDDR GPU CiT UB PSU W Win x Professional DVD RW drive GB HDD NTFS System 'H' TB HDD NTFS 'H' GB HDD NTFS 'H' GB SSD NTFS 'H' Where 'H' 'Healthy' according to Disk Management If there's anything else you need to know just ask and I'll get back to you asap Thanks again

A:[SOLVED] Computer cuts power during gameplay

Hello,

System shutdowns can usually be attributed to heat or power issues.

Boot into the BIOS and post the temp and voltage readings (+3.3V,+5V,+12V)

Install HWMonitor and post a screenshot of the program at idle and under load

If possible also post a screenshot of the OCCT window.

I would definitely not rule out the PSU as causing the problem as this is a low quality unit.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-computer-cuts-power-during-gameplay-679682.html
Relevancy 47.73%

My Laptop screen had been working perfectly for months Then out of the blue It started to get washed out white monitor! Laptop from when white Screen turns unplugged WIN7 I do not know how long this has been happening or when it started but I just noticed it recently on a trip I use my Acer Laptop WIN7 Laptop Screen turns white when unplugged from monitor! as a work PC so WIN7 Laptop Screen turns white when unplugged from monitor! it's generally plugged into a Monitor I was traveling amp I brought it with me I turned it on amp all WIN7 Laptop Screen turns white when unplugged from monitor! seemed normal The flying Win colors did there dance as the system started to boot up Then I'd see the quot Login quot screen for a second or then Bam the screen went white out of nowhere I thought I was the victim of some kind of quot white-screen-of death quot The Laptop is barely a year old Then I noticed if I tilted the screen all the way forward I could make out the Login screen icon amp window I typed my password amp it continued to boot up Now my desktop was normal with all the colors correct I figured it was a weird glitch a time thing After about - second the screen when white again Now there was no way to get it back to normal I could see everything on my desktop in the faded white washed out background I ended up doing emails in that condition it sucked -I've tried rebooting x times Same thing happens -I've check amp installed all latest Windows Updates -I did Virus amp malware scan x with nothing dangerous found -I checked to see if my brightness level was somehow set all the way up Nope -I started in Safe mode x It does NOT get the White out effect However it does NOT fix it upon normal reboot -I have OS on my Laptop Vista came with it originally For work we got Win I can boot to Vista fine every time -When the screen is all washed out I can plug it into my monitor amp it works amp looks just fine I have no idea why this is happening amp would love to get some help with this Maybe I'm doing something stupid If so please let me know I appreciate any help I can get Thanks everybody -----------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/win7-laptop-screen-turns-white-when-unplugged-from-monitor-497638.html