Windows Support Forum

Unable to print multiple copies on shared printer

Q: Unable to print multiple copies on shared printer

I run XP Pro on my desktop which is hardwired to my WIFi router. I have a laptop that can make a WiFi connection and use my printer, also hardwired to the desktop.

Whilst I can print as many copies as I wish from my desktop, no matter how many copies one wants from the laptop, it will only ever print one!

Can this be a) explained, and b) overcome?

Thanks
Tony

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Unable to print multiple copies on shared printer

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Unable to print multiple copies on shared printer

Is the printer shared on the Desktop? and is Simple File sharing turned on? If so, on the laptop, go to Printers and Faxes, and Delete the printer. Now on the laptop, go to Start/Run and type the computer name of the desktop computer where the printer is attached (ex) \\computername and press enter. It now should show the shared printer and any other shared folders on the Desktop. Right click the Shared Printer and press Connect. The shared printer will now be listed on the laptop. Print a multi page document by opening it, and going to File/Print and changing the amount of pages to print.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-print-multiple-copies-on-shared-printer-636068.html
Relevancy 93%

Under XP, can't print more than one copy to shared Dell network printer.

A:Cant print multiple copies to shared network printer

Can you be a little more clear?
Like do you get an error, does it go into que but fail to print?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-print-multiple-copies-to-shared-network-printer-466510.html
Relevancy 101.91%

Hi

I can't get my printer to print out more than one page of a document with windows vista, I have a Lexmark x2470.

Every time I try to print more than one page of a document, I get an error message pop up saying "Lexmark connect time executable has stopped working". I have installed the vista drivers for this printer, and the printer and drivers are all working properly when I checked...

I have uninstalled and reinstalled a few times using the vista drivers, I have no clue what else I can try?

Help

:)

A:Can't print multiple copies with my printer on Vista

Same Trouble. Moved to Vista from XP. Canon Pro9000. I can only print one document at a time. There are no error messages. Is it another administrator setting?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-print-multiple-copies-with-my-printer-on-vista-213307.html
Relevancy 93.31%

I have switched over to Vista Business Operating System, I can print to the local Printer but cannot print to any printer attached to Windows'98 Computers within the same workgroup.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-print-from-vista-to-a-windows-98-shared-printer-330477.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hey Guys I running windows on a Gateway desktop with a HP Laser Jet L Printer Here s my situation I can t figure this one out I had to print out about pages of a page document in Word I go under file print change the number of copies to What happens is the printer is only printing copy of each page and isn t recognizing that I want copies So if I have a page document or a page document I get all the pages but not any additional copies What is strange is that the printer window icon shows the printer assigned to print copies Can't Multiple Copies on HP Documents Laser Print Jet 6L Page Multiple of but if it s only a page document the printer just stops after pages Nothing else unusual with the printer itself and so far I just noticed it today and seems to be only related to Word Note that if I print Multiple pages of SINGLE page docs everything is fine Can't Print Multiple Copies of Multiple Page Documents on HP Laser Jet 6L I don t know what could be wrong Jack nbsp

A:Can't Print Multiple Copies of Multiple Page Documents on HP Laser Jet 6L

Which driver are you using? HP installs 3 different ones for the 6L and the PCL one doesn't always work right. Could be a memory or spool setting as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-print-multiple-copies-of-multiple-page-documents-on-hp-laser-jet-6l.53787/
Relevancy 81.27%

A client is interested in having external networking ports available for printing to internal, XP-attached shared workstation printers.

Basically, they want to print to external IP address 123.123.123.123:8765 and have IIS push that data to a shared printer at someone's workstation. Ideally we would set up six or eight of these, each with a different port on the public IP.

Any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/howdoi-print-to-port-8765-and-have-iis-print-to-shared-printer.583599/
Relevancy 80.84%

I am trying to print multiple copies of one page. If I enter 3 copies on the print setup screen, the printer just prints one page. How do I correct this.

A:Lexmark X4650 will not print multiple copies

Hello and welcome to TSG!!

Have you installed the latest Lexmark drivers? I'd be suspicious if Windows simply used it's own drivers. Check Lexmark's Web site for the latest version.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lexmark-x4650-will-not-print-multiple-copies.1066994/
Relevancy 80.41%

Whenever I print to the shared printer on my Windows 7 desktop, the print job will just sit in the print queue. If I stop and then start the print spooler, the job will print. It happens from an XP laptop. Print jobs sent from the local Windows 7 computer print just fine.
How can i solve this one ? :(

This issue with some particular laptop running windows Xp and windows 7 Home

A:Whenever I print to the shared printer he print job will just sit in the print queue

So, the Windows 7 Desktop has the printer physically attached to it and it's shared?
And the XP laptop is sharing the printer through the network? If I understand you correctly?
If so, on the XP Laptop, go to Start/Run and type devmgmt.msc and press enter. Are there any devices with yellow flags? Or Under Universal Serial Bus Controllers is there an Unknown Device? Or any listings for the printer? If so, right click it and Uninstall it. Now go to Start/Run and type appwiz.cpl and press enter. In the Add Remove Programs uninstall any drivers or software for the printer. Now,go to Printers and Faxes, and if the printer icons is there, Right click the shared printer icon and Delete it. And Restart the computer. Now when the computer comes back up, go to the printer manufacturers support/download drivers site and type in the model# for the printer and download the driver for the printer for XP and install it. Now, go to Start/Run and type the computer name of the Windows 7 machine (ex) \\ComputerName and press enter. A window should open up with the shared drives on the 7 computer, with the shared printer. Right click the shared printer and choose Connect. This will add the printer to Printers and Faxes again. Right click this printer/Properties and print a Test Page.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/whenever-i-print-to-the-shared-printer-he-print-job-will-just-sit-in-the-print-queue-680580.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to help a friend with one of those infamous printer problems. She has an HP C4385 all-in-one photosmart wireless printer and a Dell Inspiron with Win XP. Couple weeks ago she had a paper jam, removed the paper, cleared the error and since then, it won't print. It copies fine, just no printing. I have rebooted the system, deleted and added the printer and nothing happens. She doesn't have the original driver disk. Can anyone offer me any suggestions?

Relevancy 79.98%

I am using a Compaq 6720s laptop with Vista home basic. It will not print multiple copies of the same document. If I want to print 10 copies I have to print one at a time.

I have downloaded and re-installed the driver several times which doesn?t help.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

A:HP Laserjet 1200 wont print multiple copies

Quick fix, change print processor to winprint in properties under advanced.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/272097-hp-laserjet-1200-wont-print-multiple-copies.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi Folks Having an issue with a Lexmark T Solved: print high amount Printer of won't copies The printer prints fine to an extent but I am working with an excel Spreadsheet and trying to print copies of it Everything seems fine at this point the printer starts to print BUT then stops at copies and prints no more Fair enough i can print then again etc etc but want Solved: Printer won't print high amount of copies to figure out why and fix the issue that it wont print the amount of copies i have sent to it I have so far restarted the Print spooler on my machine removed the printer Solved: Printer won't print high amount of copies from machine reinstalled the Printer with the Latest driver from Lexmark checked the cable nothing wrong with cable amp Disabled all the timeouts on the printer itself And its still doing Solved: Printer won't print high amount of copies exactly the same thing It was working literally a few days ago and as far as i m aware i have made no changes that would cause this on the machine I m using any help would be appreciated thanks in advance In addition just testing it seems to print up to copies fine but try to get it to print copies of my spreadsheet and it only prints again nbsp

A:Solved: Printer won't print high amount of copies

I've not come across this issue. It could be a memory issue (printer memory) or a printer driver/software limitation. I mean how often does someone want/need to print over 200 copies? It would be easier and cheaper to go to Kinkos.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-printer-wont-print-high-amount-of-copies.1093789/
Relevancy 78.69%

It's happened to me again and I cannot figure out how to get rid of them I have my default printer an HP Laserjet P hooked up to a Sunix parallel port on my PC I can print from this printer from any application just fine The problem is that over time maintenance across printers has caused multiple I of get multiple printer copies? How rid do copies of this P to appear in the printer drop down list - but not one of How do I get rid of multiple printer copies? them shows up in Devices and Printers Case in point I installed the SP upgrade with no real trouble I did find however that I had to reinstall my Canon Pro XPS driver This was painless but when I did it it automatically made itself the default printer So in wanting to revert back to my P I could not go to Devices and Printers because it doesn't show up there I had to Install a New Printer whereupon it found my P just fine and used the available driver But now it's Copy And it and none of the others show up in Devices and Printers How do I get this printer to show up in D amp P any of them and how do I wipe these quot extra quot copies from Win

A:How do I get rid of multiple printer copies?

I've searched but really can't find anything definitive on this (or at least how to solve it). Am I the only one with this problem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/198795-how-do-i-get-rid-multiple-printer-copies.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi. I am the only tech support at our school. When I use USB printers (HP models of various types) with Dell Inspiron laptops, Win XP, the printer reinstalls as a copy when the user reconnects the laptop to the printer or the docking station. Then the printer is active on "Copy 1", and the default printer is still set to the original printer/port. The user print job fails unless they select the new copy of the printer. How can I keep this from happening? Thanks.

Relevancy 77.83%

My printer wasn't working, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling a couple of times. I got a different set of errors than I was getting before, and then discovered this in Windows Explorer---> My Computer---> Local Disc (C)---> Program Files

It was only listed ONCE in Add/Remove programs.

But I uninstalled anyhow using Add/Remove, and there are STILL multiple copies of all files in C:\program files. They are not empty folders; all the files are there, 2-3 copies of each.

I launched RegCleaner and deleted everything I could find that I knew for sure was related to the printer, but all those copies are still there in program files.

How do I get it completely off my system so I can start over and install ONE copy?

Relevancy 76.97%

Hey guys, I have an end user who is using a Windows 7 machine and is connected locally to an HP P2035n laserjet printer. Recently she has been unable to print multiple copies of a word document. She is trying to print a range or pages from a document. Whats strange is that I can sign in as an admin user and print without any problems at all, so I dont think it's a printer issue. One thing I have gotten is that if I i disable the collating she can print the ranges fine, but when I enable it she can only print one copy at a time. So that has be a little stumped. I have updated the driver, disconnected/reconnected the printer. Restarted the spooler, I have the print processor set to WinPrint, Mopier is enabled. And I have been trolling google for a while now without luck. Do you guys have any suggestions?

A:Solved: Printer not printing multiple copies

The ability to print multiple copies is almost always tied to the printer driver, so it doesn't make much sense. It makes even less sense that it works if you disable collating. I would contact HP and see if they have had issues with their driver and Windows 7.
Also, make sure you got the most recent driver from here (and for the correct type of Windows 7.)
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...d=3662025&submit.y=4&submit.x=9&lang=en&cc=us

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-printer-not-printing-multiple-copies.924184/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi - I have a Dell with a recent upgrade from Vista to USB/port created printer no change Multiple copies to - of Windows Before and after the upgrade most of the time I print Multiple copies of printer created - no change to USB/port I end up with multiple copies of the printer and sometimes documents stuck in the print queue HP F printer This is a cabled computer no wifi BT No other computers or printers or networks The USB port is never moved but it is possible it was moved once quite a while ago Not sure if that could set off this chain reaction even after the Win upgrade If it is possible can you tell me how to tell the printer driver which port to assign so it stops Back when I had Vista I did an quot uninstall quot for the HP Printer and reinstall from HP site for updated drivers They even had a fix for this problem in Vista and I followed all the steps At the end of the process I got an error message saying something like HP cannot install this update Same thing kept happening with the Multiple copies of printer created - no change to USB/port multiple copies of the printer I upgraded to an authorized version of Windows and the Multiple copies of printer created - no change to USB/port same thing is happening now Any help deeply appreciated

A:Multiple copies of printer created - no change to USB/port

Hello and welcome jjs now we need some system specs please http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/180324-system-info-see-your-system-specs.html

For starters please run these in safe mode if necessary
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/139810-sfc-scannow-run-command-prompt-boot.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html < use the /f and /r switches if you have to.

Now I am wondering if you have the right driver for Windows 7 on that machine this is the driver
http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Deskjet-F300-All-in-One-Printer-series/1129389/model/1129390/drivers

PS I should have told you to uninstall the old drivers before doing that one.
Personally I think upgrades cause more problems than anything else - in my own experiences anyway. I would have saved all the data you need and gone for a new OEM of 7 then reinstalled the data - it costs a tad more but worth it. But I am not going to dictate to you what you should just say what I would rather do

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/359987-multiple-copies-printer-created-no-change-usb-port.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi,
in the beginning, I should say the printer is NOT connected to the pc.
I have a shared printer in the network. It's connected via cable to one router. There are usually just two devices (besides the printer, plus phones etc..) in the network: my pc (W7 U 64) - connected to the same router via cable and notebook (W7) - connected via wifi to the same router.
When my pc is on, the notebook can print without any problems, but when it is off, I can see the printer on my notebook, I can try to print stuff, but it only goes to queue and starts to actually print when I turn my pc on.
It is just small home network.
Printer: Ricoh Aficio 3400S but we use 4100N drivers because of the system compatibility

Thanks for your help!

A:Shared printer - Others can't print when my pc is off

Sounds as if the network printer is not installed as a network printer on the other devices. If it is installed as a shared printer (YourPC_Name\Printer_Name), it will naturally only work when your PC is on because the other devices do not search the printer from the network but instead try to connect to it over your PC.

The solution is simple, the printer needs to be installed as network printer on all devices, allowing all devices to connect to it directly instead of over your PC.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/371159-shared-printer-others-cant-print-when-my-pc-off.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I m running a LAN with a printer attached to and the other computers can t print to it All systems are running XP Pro and this is a relatively new problem because the printing used to work but stopped all of a sudden I ve gone as far as doing a clean install on but it didn t solve the problem From the other systems the printer shows up as print won't Printer Shared quot Opening quot once the printer window is opened then quickly goes to quot Ready quot so that means that the printer is visible to them but when I try to do a test print a popup that says quot Test Print Failed Would you like to see the print troubleshooter Operation could not be completed quot Other info Printer is Canon S D Shared Printer won't print and it is running the most recent drivers and this problem affects ALL systems on the network Your help would be greatly appreciated and happy holidays nbsp

Relevancy 76.11%

I am trying to be able to print via shared printer on a home network The desktop where the printer is connected is running Vista home Premium the laptop s that I would like to be able to print from are running windows xp I have created a shared printer on the desktop running vista at first when print Printer seen, Shared but won't I went to add a printer to the laptop I was able to view the desktop computer but not the printer turning off the Norton Anti-virus firewall allowed for me to then see the printer on the network windows firewall is turned on After adding the printing and making it the default printer I am still unable to print It sees the printer even shows in the printer que when a doc is pending on the desktop but then job is not finished and never begins to print and disappears from the printer que Any thoughts Is there a setting in norton anit-virus that is blocking Or could it be windows defender The desktop is brand new nbsp

A:Shared Printer seen, but won't print

This sounds like a port specification issue, or perhaps a driver issue on the remote machine. How did you install the drivers for the remote machine, and what version of Windows is running on the remote client?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shared-printer-seen-but-wont-print.617800/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi I get shared printer print! Cant network to have pc s One xp pro with epson printer connected via usb and the other wireless laptop connected over us robotics router File sharing is working perfectly and can access all the shared folders on both machines The printer is shared on the main pc and i can see it and connect to it from the laptop Cant get shared network printer to print! The problem is when i print from the laptop it spools Cant get shared network printer to print! it to the print que of the printer and says quot printing quot but then just sits there eventually on the laptop i get an error saying printer is Cant get shared network printer to print! not responding I have downloaded the latest epson drivers to the laptop and verified they are working by connecting the printer directly to it no problems there im at a loss now what i can try to get this working oh yes should also mention ive uninstalled all software firewalls on both machines to see if this made any difference which it didnt please help nbsp

Relevancy 75.25%

My desktop PC has Windows bit and my laptop has Windows bit I have two printers connected to my desktop I am setup for a home network and my modem and router issue shared print printer won't are connected to my desktop I have my desk top set up to share file and my printers are set up to share Everything was working fine up until the last shared printer won't print issue or days When I'm on my laptop I can access my files on the desktop but now I can't print From my laptop it will see my printers but when I try to print I get all kinds of message Sometimes it says that the print spooler is not running and shared printer won't print issue I know it is Other times it will ask for a user name and pass word but I never did use a pass word Besides when I set up file and print sharing I disabled using a pass word There are about different messages that I get telling me that it won't print If I just right click on the printer icon and select quot connect quot I still get the messages I re installed the latest drivers for my printers I refreshed the print spooler in services I ran virus scans and system scans I reset my router by un-connecting and re-connecting But it still will not print The only way I can print is to send the file to my desk top and print from there Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be going on

A:shared printer won't print issue

I finally found the problem and was able to fix it. I discovered that Simple File Sharing had to be enabled and for some reason on my desktop it was disabled. So I went into the registry and enabled it. I have no idea how it got disabled, but that was the problem. I might drink an extra bottle of beer tonight to celebrate. I think I deserve it.
The way I changed it was to go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\ForceGuest and change the value from 0 to 1

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/35500-shared-printer-wont-print-issue.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Yes another user that can t print wirelessly My Canon MP is connected via USB to a desktop PC running XP Pro The printer is set to share which is confirmed by Network Magic My laptop also XP Pro connects wirelessly to a Wire modem The Canon printer Shared Print Printer Solved: to Can't is shown as shared on the Laptop The Network Magic Solved: Can't Print to Shared Printer troubleshooter reports that quot This printer is available for printing from this computer quot Here s what happens when I Solved: Can't Print to Shared Printer try to print from WordPad I get the Print dialog box showing the Canon MP But when I click Print nothing happens Same with Print Preview in WordPad Notepad isn t much better In that case I get quot The handle is invalid quot A test print using the Printers and Faxes folder yields quot Test page failed to print quot The Printer Properties PORTS tab shows Canon MP on Port USB described as quot Virtual printer port for USB quot If I click on Configure Port I get quot An error occurred during port configuration The operation is not supported quot Here are some of the things that I have already tried - Deleting and re-entering the share doesn t help - Windows Firewall off on both machines - no difference - Anti-Virus off on both machines - no difference Any suggestions appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 75.25%

I m having a problem getting a shared USB multifunction printer to work over to USB Can't print printer remotely shared my network It is shared as hpoffice The printer is connected to a system running WinXP pro It works OK from that system From a a Can't print remotely to shared USB printer wireless laptop also running WinXP pro i add the printer via printers and faxes- gt add printer then i select ad a network printer- gt browse for a printer the printer shows up in the dialog box as puff-max hp office g series i select it and it shows as ready i click next and it tells me i m about to connect to a printer and it will in stall a print driver i click yes it asks if i want to use this as a default printer i select no it tells me i ve sucessfully completed setup Now when i try to print a test page to the printer i get the following msg test page failed to print would you like to view the print troubleshooter for assistance How do i get this to work nbsp

A:Can't print remotely to shared USB printer

Hi and welcome. Have you tried setting it as default?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-print-remotely-to-shared-usb-printer.252182/
Relevancy 75.25%

I've been looking for an answer to my problem all day and have yet to find any help.
I thought I'd figure this out before upgrading to Windows 10.
The issue: I am trying to print from my laptop computer, which is running 8.1 Pro, via wifi to a network printer.
The printer is connected by USB to my main computer which is running 7 Pro. All print and file sharing is turned on.
The printer is shown as being connected on my laptop and I can access files, pictures, etc. on the network.
But it won't print anything. It appears it is printing but nothing happens.
Another computer, also running 7 Pro, can print just fine but it is a wired connection.
I know it's probably something simple but I'm stumped.
Any help would be appreciated!

A:Cannot print to shared printer network

Most likely the Print Server on the Windows 7 computer is screwed up. You would be better to get a Print Server that is compatible for your printer, to place it on the network, vs using another computer as sharing.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/69529-cannot-print-shared-printer-network.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi Everyone I have setup a Kyocera FS- D KX printer on a Windows x computer On the Windows computer the printer is connected by LPT port Within Windows the printer is set to Share so that it is available over the network to other Workgroup Computers On an XP computer I have added the printer by using the Add Printer dialogue During initial setup of the printer XP stated that it would quot automatically get a driver from the host computer quot however it failed to do this and as a result presented me with an additional dialogue which I used to browse for an appropriate driver file I am unable to print a test page from the XP computer furthermore there is some strange behaviour when right clicking on the printer and selecting Printing Preferences I have created a YouTube video explaining the issues at hand please take a look Kyocera Driver Issue I believe that there is a basic incompatibility between the host Windows x computers drivers and those of the guest XP more specifically I think that these are driven by the fact that the host is bit and the guest is bit If anybody has any advice on how to overcome this issue whilst leaving the printer connected by LPT to Windows x can you please let me know Kind Regards Davo nbsp

A:Can't print from XP to shared Windows 7 Kyocera printer

You need to add the XP drivers for the Windows 7 machine. Go into devices and printers, highlight the print and click server properties at the top of the Windows. Click over to the drivers tap and click add, it will prompt you for the location of the Windows XP driver.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-print-from-xp-to-shared-windows-7-kyocera-printer.1093757/
Relevancy 74.39%

This is the setup
A Windows 2000 Workgroup, with one of the computers with a shared printer connected with a parallel cable (print server).

This computer keeps receiving in its queue prints jobs that print out garbage.
In the print queue it says remote downlevel or something like that. It also says that it is coming from one of the computers in the group. I turned off this computer in the group,

I tried Stinger.exe
I tried an update norton Antivirus scan
Any ideas on what else to try?? Or has anyone heard of this virus???

Your help is appreciated!!

[email protected]

A:Shared Printer***garbage going to the Print queue**

Hi, If you have upgraded to higher version of Office, Works, Word, Xcel, etc....but not upgraded all machines, the file opened on the non-updated machine might look like weird characters (garbage). That's only one idea...of course there are other reasons, such as not saving the file in the correct program (this is common between computers that have Works when a file created in Office is viewed) Hope this helps!
There are free file converters which will allow computers not having Word at all to open .doc or .wks files....or that will allow cross-program work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shared-printer-garbage-going-to-the-print-queue.217810/
Relevancy 74.39%

i have a network of 7 computers, all running windows XP. one of the computer has lexmark printer installed on it. i went to control panel, printers and faxes to share the printer so that printing can be down from the other computers.

my problems is, all the other computers can't access this printer and all other shared folders on this computer(the one with the printer as well).

can anyone please help me solve this problem. i would be more than greateful. thank u

A:Solved: can't print from a shared network printer

XP-Home or XP-Pro? Note that XP-Home has a limitation of 5 connections from other networked computers.
Turn off any firewalls for debugging. If the firewall is the problem, you'll have to configure it to allow access to "trusted zone" addresses. Note that some firewalls must be completely uninstalled to stop them from affecting your networking.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt.

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands:

PING each remote computer by IP address, and if successful, PING by name. Open a command prompt as described above and type.

PING <ip address>
or
PING <computer name>

Where:
<ip address> - is the x.x.x.x IP address
<computer name> - is the computer name

A failure to PING is almost always a firewall configuration issue. Any failure to PING needs to be corrected before you go any farther.

Note: You can obtain the IP address and computer name of a computer by opening a command prompt (DOS window) and typing IPCONFIG /ALL. This should work for any Windows version. The IPCONFIG /ALL display will provide a wealth of useful information for debugging your network connection.

Check your Services are Started on all PCs:

COM+ Event System (for WZC issues)
Computer Browser
DHCP Client
DNS Client
Network Connections
Network Location Awareness
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
Server
TCP/IP Netbios helper
Wireless Zero Configuration (XP wireless configurations)
WLAN AutoConfig (Vista wireless configurations)
Workstation

Note: You can check the services in Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services.

All of these services should be started, and their startup type should be automatic.

If a service is not running, open it's properties and check the dependencies. Check each of the dependencies and see which one is preventing the service from running. Checking the event log is also a good idea here, there may be clues to what is failing.
All computers should be in the same workgroup for computer browsing to function properly. File & Print Sharing has to be enabled on any computer you wish to share files or printers from. You also need to actually share the resource in question from My Computer, right click on the drive/printer/folder, and select sharing.

If you encounter difficulties accessing computers that are visible in Network Places (Network and Sharing Center in Vista), make sure the computer being accessed has an account with the same name/password as the system connecting to it uses to login. NOTE: Vista's default is to require a password on the account to enable file/print sharing.

While the default NetBIOS setting is correct for normal network configurations, it's possible for it to be altered, and it costs nothing to make sure it's correct. NETBIOS over TCP/IP must be enabled for normal network browsing. You can open a command prompt as described above and type the following command: nbtstat -n. This will display the status of NetBIOS or indicate it's not configured.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-print-from-a-shared-network-printer.861567/
Relevancy 74.39%

New Vista laptop.
Home Premium Edition

HP printer 5150 connected locally to HP 716n PC with XP SP2
Printer is set to sharing
PC is connected to a wireless router via ethernet cable
Laptop sees router w/LAN(otherwise, you wouldnt be reading this)
What hoops to I need to jump thru if at all to get the laptop to see the printer???

Relevancy 74.39%

I am having a terrible time with my wireless notebook seeing the rest of my network I have a shared USB HP laserjet on my desktop that other desktops on my network can print to just fine My notebook PC cannot see anything other than itself on the network It can access the web through the same DSL Notebook to but shared printer cannot PC print Sees web router that all Notebook PC Sees web but cannot print to shared printer the other PCs can I can ping the IP of the Notebook PC Sees web but cannot print to shared printer notebook from the desktop PCs but cannot ping anything but the router from the notebook PC What the heck am I doing wrong Setup info below Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide HOME NETWORK AMD Athlon running XP Prof service Pack DESKTOP ip with shared USB printer Notebook PC is HP with AMD Turion Mobile running XP Home service pack attempting to access printer but cannot see the PCs on the network Notebook PC Sees web but cannot print to shared printer DSL router is a TrendNet TWI -S W CA AS with IP All firewalls are off From Desktop PC Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Ric Barton gt nbtstat -n Local Area Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id NetBIOS Local Name Table Name Type Status --------------------------------------------- BARTON-ONE lt gt UNIQUE Registered WORKGROUP lt gt GROUP Registered BARTON-ONE lt gt UNIQUE Registered WORKGROUP lt E gt GROUP Registered WORKGROUP lt D gt UNIQUE Registered MSBROWSE lt gt GROUP Registered C Documents and Settings Ric Barton gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name barton-one Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter Physical Address - - -AD- -BE Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Saturday October P M Lease Expires Saturday November PM From Notebook PC had to email it to myself to post here Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings LYNN gt nbtstat -n Local Area Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id No names in cache Wireless Network Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id NetBIOS Local Name Table Name Type Status --------------------------------------------- BARTONMOBILE lt gt UNIQUE Registered BARTONMOBILE lt gt UNIQUE Registered WORKGROUP lt gt GROUP Registered WORKGROUP lt E gt GROUP Registered WORKGROUP lt D gt UNIQUE Registered MSBROWSE lt gt GROUP Registered C Documents and Settings LYNN gt C Documents and Settings LYNN gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name BARTONMOBILE Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Eth ernet NIC Physical Address - F-B -FC- A-D Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom b g WLAN Physical Address - -A - A-FC-D Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Sunday October PM Lease Expires Monday October PM C Documents and Settings LYNN gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Documents and Settings LYNN gt ping barton-one Ping request could not find host barton-one Please check the name and try again nbsp

Relevancy 74.39%

I have a workgroup set up with four XP workstations. Workstation A has a local printer that is shared. When printing to it from any of the other workstations (e.g., Workstation B), the print job owner is listed as "Guest". This is the case even if I'm logged on Workstation B with an account name and password that matches my account name and password on Workstation A.

Is there a way to have the account name from Workstation B show up as the print job owner, instead of it saying "Guest"?

Thanks.

A:Identifying print job owners on a shared printer XP SP2

Is the Guest account enabled on the computer with the shared resource. Just taking stab in the dark. Probably not the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/identifying-print-job-owners-on-a-shared-printer-xp-sp2.376863/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi Everyone printer Windows 7 XP shared Kyocera print Can't from to I have setup a Kyocera FS- D KX printer on a Windows x computer On the Windows computer the printer is connected by LPT port Within Windows the printer is set to Share so that it is available over the network to other Workgroup Computers On Can't print from XP to shared Windows 7 Kyocera printer an XP computer I have added the printer by using the Add Printer dialogue During initial setup of the printer XP stated that it would quot automatically get a driver from the host computer quot however it failed to do this and as a result presented me with an additional dialogue which I used to browse for an appropriate driver file I am unable to print a test page from the XP computer furthermore there is some strange behaviour when right clicking on the printer and selecting Printing Preferences I have created a YouTube video explaining the issues at hand please take a look Kyocera Driver Issue I believe that there is a basic incompatibility between the host Windows x computers drivers and those of the guest XP more specifically I think that these are driven by the fact that the host is bit and the guest is bit If anybody has any advice on how to overcome this issue whilst leaving the printer connected by LPT to Windows x can you please let me know Kind Regards Davo

A:Can't print from XP to shared Windows 7 Kyocera printer

I would just try to get the matching 32 bit XP driver from Kyocera and install in manually. That's how I did it decades ago when the printer ran on a W2000 server and I had to use it from WfW Desktops

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/283140-cant-print-xp-shared-windows-7-kyocera-printer.html
Relevancy 73.53%

please am new to the networking world and i need your help.
A computer on my network can't print excel document from a shared printer
on the network. it can only print word documents.
if i try to set the printer as a default printer it flags an error.
i don't want to run a new windows installation too.
please help

A:a computer cant print excel document on a shared printer

A bit of a long shot--- Go to control panel - Printers.
Right click on the problem printer & choose Printer Properties.
Click on the Ports tab.
Untick enable bidirectional support. - Click ok.
Now try to print from excel again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-computer-cant-print-excel-document-on-a-shared-printer.1093561/
Relevancy 72.67%

I've just got new machine which is installed Microsoft Windows Vista. In my department, we have RedHat Linux Advance Server 2.1 as a File Server, Printer Server and much more.

The problem is: When I print a document from this new Vista machine I can just print only once. If I'd like to print another document, I have to re-boot this Vista machine. There are error messages shown as follow:

"\\10.0.104.20 is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permission. The Server service is not started."

How to set the Vista machine to print to the Linux's shared printer without re-booting ?

I'm looking forward to hear from all of you.

Regards,
Narin

ps. for more information about the Linux server I use:
Linux RedHat Advance Server 2.1 (kernal 2.4.9-e.3)
Samba 2.2.1a-a

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/126119-how-print-linuxs-shared-printer-microsoft-window-vista.html
Relevancy 70.52%

i had installed a printer on system 1 and shared it
i need to print from that printer from system 2
when i open the system 1 share from run by typing it ipaddress it asks for guest
password ?
iam not unable to configure printer in system2 it asks fro guest password

Generally
when we open the share of any computer is asks for both user and password
here in my problem i am unable to change user user name it just show guest and disabled to change

A:unable to open shared printer

You want to add the printer on System 2. Go to Start/Run and type system 2's computer name (ex) \\computername or IP Address (ex) \\192.168.2.1 and press enter. You should be asked to log in. Once done This will open a window with System 1's shares. Right click the Shared Printer and choose Connect. System 1's printer will now show up under Printers and Faxes. Right click the printer/Properties and print a test page.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-open-shared-printer-627902.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi I have shared a printer on Windows and in the security tab shared to printer Unable install I gave quot Everyone quot access rights I still get the Unable to install shared printer error Unable to install shared printer message - I keep getting the error message Windows cannot connect to the printer I was able to shared directories and able to access them without any problems It's the darn printer that I can't connect It's part of my assignment to test the printer to see if I can install the driver via point and print to a shared printer on Windows Someone told me it's a Windows security issue On both another Windows XP and another Windows PC able to to connect to a second Windows PC and see the printer but it won't let me connect to it Any ideas how to resolve it Is it because one pc is on a domain while the other is in a workgroup If so why am I able to access shared folder but cannot connect to a shared printer Thanks

A:Unable to install shared printer

Hi dlee4000 and welcome to Seven Forums. I am not quite certain the exact problem you are having, but if you check this link, it will take you to our search section and perhaps you can find the problem you are having. It is all topics relating to sharing printers. I hope it helps. If not, be patient and someone will probably give you a more accurate answer. There are a lot of very smart and very nice people here and I'm sure we can come up with an answer to your problem. Again, welcome and the best of luck!

P.S. You can also try this link, it is to our tutorial section.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/145758-unable-install-shared-printer.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I am looking for a PDF Printer that converts multiple print jobs into one PDF. I want to convert some old digital manuals to PDF. They are in MVB format and the program to view them is Microsoft Multimedia Viewer 2.00. The way this program handles printing the entire book is by sending each individual page to the printer as a separate print job. A lot of these manuals have 50 or 100+ pages. I am looking for a PDF printer that will convert all these print jobs on one PDF. I have tried CutePDF, doPDF and BullZip PDF printer. Any help is greatly appreciated.

A:Looking for a PDF Printer that converts multiple print jobs into one PDF

I am looking for a PDF Printer that converts multiple print jobs into one PDF. I want to convert some old digital manuals to PDF. They are in MVB format and the program to view them is Microsoft Multimedia Viewer 2.00. The way this program handles printing the entire book is by sending each individual page to the printer as a separate print job. A lot of these manuals have 50 or 100+ pages. I am looking for a PDF printer that will convert all these print jobs on one PDF. I have tried CutePDF, doPDF and BullZip PDF printer. Any help is greatly appreciated.I don't know of a PDF printer program that will do it, but any PDF editor (i.e. Acrobat or any of the number of Acrobat substitutes...NOT Acrobat Reader) will typically allow you to combine PDFs together...usually pretty easily.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/503522/looking-for-a-pdf-printer-that-converts-multiple-print-jobs-into-one-pdf/
Relevancy 67.08%

I am unable to print to an HP USB printer HP Officejet from to USB from Print XP Unable Printer to a Dell Lattitude D operating under Windows XP Pro with SP The printer used to work OK a couple months ago The printer works fine form my laptop I am able to scan OK to the Dell All of the printer indications say the printer is ready from Windows Printer and Unable to Print to USB Printer from XP Faxes and from the HP Desktop software I am able to get ink level updates and able to print a troubleshooting page from the HP software and do print head cleaning and alignment However I cannot print a test page from the HP software from Windows or from any document I get an error saying windows cannot print due to a problem with the current printer setup I have checked with the recommendations shown in the warning but have no success I have no problem printing to networked printers The Windows printer troubleshooter has been no help All Unable to Print to USB Printer from XP the USB lines in system information indicate ready with no problem I am able to operate flash drives from the USB ports I have tried printing from all of the various USB ports with no change in symptoms I have also tried using different USB cables I have reinstalled updated print drivers I think I updated USB drivers but am not sure if I got it right Any advice on where to go next Thanks GW nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

Hi all,
I used mail merge in Microsoft Word to create several pages of labels. When I try to print using a Hewlitt Packard LaserJet 4Si, one page will print correctly then the printer will stop with an error that I need to load paper. Once this error comes up, I have to completely reset my printer in order to print Anything.

The error also says I must use Manual Feed. But when I load the paper into the manual feed, only half the page will print. The rest looks likes it's running out of toner. Again, I have to reset the printer.

Any ideas on how to get my labels to print correctly?
Thank you much! =)

A:Unable to print labels using HP printer

If your using Avery lables download and install one or all of these free apps from Avery

http://www.avery.com/us/software/index.jsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-print-labels-using-hp-printer.196465/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello Please be informed that I have Desktop running Windows xp and one laptop running Windows Ultimate at home Files and printer sharing is enabled in both the system and I printer. Unable print in to xp WIndows am able to share files and folders Desktop is connected with a Lexmark X printer with USB cable and the printer is working fine My Windows laptop can 'see' the printer Unable to print in WIndows xp printer. but when I try to print nothing happens I have gone through various tutorials and tried uninstall and reinstall of the printer I also tried to install the printer as Local printer eg desktop Lexmark I have installed the latest available driver and the printer works fine if it is connected physically to any system but No matter how I try I am unable to share the printer This extra info may help you The printer is visible from windows I can even change the settings from Windows Print spoller is active and starts automatically in both system Files and folders sharing is working fine As I have installed both Windows xp and Windows in my laptop the shared printer works fine if I boot into Windows xp from it Now what can I do to make the shared printer also work with my Windows Help please Jhambulal Agrawal

A:Unable to print in WIndows xp printer.

Hello Jhambulal, welcome to the Seven Forums.

You could try if this works for you: HP LaserJet 5000 drivers?
Different printer but the same issue.

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/70130-unable-print-windows-xp-printer.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello All,

This is my first Post on this forum and i would like to ask for help on an irritating issue of a network printer.

I am a system administrator in Thomas Cook Goa location and in one of our branch there is a shared printer on a
particular hostname. Now here's the problem ...

All sharing ralated settings have been done in the Antivirus and firewall to which the printer is connected to.
the other computers can ping this PC, but when i try to type \\follewed by hostname or ip address I get an error message
saying that i do not have permissions to access the location.

The printer sharing pc was on win 7 and the other was on XP so i installed win 7 on the other pc also but still no luck...

Any advice??

Thanx in advance

Relevancy 65.36%

I am unable to print to either a local or wireless networked printer. Everything was working fine this morning. I was prompted for an update and allowed it this afternoon and I have not been able to print since. I have tried a system restore and that is not working. I have tried reinstalling the print drivers, checked the spool settings, and printing is not showing offline. I am out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

A:Unable to print to local or networked printer

More info, please.
OS, printer specs, computer specs, nature of update and any error messages.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-print-to-local-or-networked-printer.1030185/
Relevancy 65.36%

I have an Epson Stylus Photo RX580 attached to my Windows 7 computer via USB and setup to share.

I have another computer running Windows Vista when I try and add a new printer it just searches. But I am able to go through and click the ling that says "the printer that i want isn't listed" and i am able to select the printer by name on the network and then print once i establish the original connection.

The problem i run into is sometime later, I have not been able to specify the time frame, it wont let me print form the Windows Vista computer. I get Error - sent to the printer

Thank you for you help
If this is in the wrong forum i apologize

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-print-to-network-printer-on-windows-7.1086404/
Relevancy 65.36%

Upgraded from windows 8.1 to windows 10 and haven't been able to print from the lap top since.

A:Unable to print anything from laptop. Tells me the printer i...

@Lukenj? If you left the printer program / software on the computer during the migration to Windows 10, the Microsoft check service that looks for incompatible programs would likely have just left it alone. The problem is that even if the existing printer program is of a version that should work, the software on the computer gets mangled during the migration process. You need to remove the existing printer program from Programs and Features / Apps and Features and replace it with a freshly downloaded installation package. Printer Driver Page:HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One Printer Full Feature Software (printer program):File name: PS5520_1315-1.exeRelease detailsReleased: Nov 3, 2015Version 28.8  Help, suggestions, and examples:Install Full Feature Software ? Printer NOTE:  If the computer has been recently migrated to Windows 10 or if you need to re-install the printer software: Create a Restore Point >Download a fresh copy of the Full Feature software >Remove any existing printer software from Programs and Features / Apps and Features >Restart the computer and log in >Install Full Feature Software (look in your Downloads folder and Double-Click on the file) >Restart the computer and log in to finish the installation Section(s) of interest include:PreparationExtras and Optional > HP Information, Diagnostics, and Installation HelpThe Windows 10 Printer Frenzy (includes link to TCP/IP Port setup)Restart EverythingDownload and InstallationRemove Printer SoftwareSee who and what is on your networkCreate a Restore Point...When you see a Post that helps you,Inspires you, provides fresh insight,Or teaches you something new,Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post. Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Unable-to-print-anything-from-laptop-Tells-me-the-printer-is/td-p/5617049
Relevancy 65.36%

This has been around for some time but I've unable print Laptop to printer networked to yet to find a solution that works My Set-up is BT Home-Hub up to MBs Broadband connection with two ethernet ports and Wifi telephone and USB - port connected to Vista PC - port connected to port Netgear switch Netgear switch - port input from Laptop unable to print to networked printer BT Home Hub - port connected to TV - port connected to NAS - port connected to Samsung CLP ND colour laser - port connected to this desktop PC Win bit - ports to as yet unused Other PCs - desktop running XP SP connects through WiFi - old Toshiba laptop running XP SP connects through WiFi - new HP laptop running Win SP connects through WiFi - Acer laptop running Win SP connects through WiFi The issue This desktop can print via the network All XP pcs laptops see the printer on the network and can print The Win laptops see the printer on Laptop unable to print to networked printer the network but when asked to print a test page the document gets stuck in queue until it gives the Error - printing message If the printer is sleeping when the test page is sent the Samsung print dialog panel on the laptop remains showing quot Printer is sleeping quot - as if no commands are being sent to the printer and why nothing prints Cancelling the document returns the printer to normal - ie the exclam mark in the yellow triangle disappears and is replaced by a tick When the laptop is shutdown and then restarted maybe a day later if the printer is on it jumps into life and prints the test page I should add that the laptop is part of the HOMEGROUP and can see the printer via this PC - and it can print via this PC in the HOMEGROUP Anyone got any ideas Regards

A:Laptop unable to print to networked printer

Dear Daveatthewell,
Troubleshoot this in the windows 7 Laptops.

To reset the printer port, follow these steps: Click the Start menu, and then select Control Panel>Hardware and Sounds>Printers.
Double click the Printers option. The Printers window appears.
Right click your printer, and then select the Properties option. The Properties window appears.
Select the Ports tab, and then check mark the USB option.
Click the OK button to save and exit. (Courtesy Samsung)

Regards,
sree

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/219520-laptop-unable-print-networked-printer.html
Relevancy 65.36%

My printer Samsung M print to after anytihing pdf printer Unable installing W My PDF-printers Cute PDF Creator Foxit Advanced PDF Editor I have a serious problem with printing All my printers have previously worked fine But after installing a pdf-printer Unable to print anytihing after installing pdf printer Cute PDF Creator or Foxit Advanced PDF Editor Unable to print anytihing after installing pdf printer all printing attemps will fail I tried unistalling amp installing all printers I have Even Microsoft XPS-printer won t work When I try to print from Word nothing happens Samsung PDF and XPS Unable to print anytihing after installing pdf printer Sometimes Word even crashes When I try to print from Excel windows gives a notification current printer is not available choose another printer language is in finnish WIth Mozilla Firefox I get a nofication Printer not working An error occurred while printing I have tried this with in all printing options Samsung PDF and XPS This problem first occurred two months ago I googled a lot and tried even to empty registyy etc But the only way I could fix this was to get registry backup from a time before I fisrt tried to install a pdf-printer Unfortunately after the registry backup was restored several other problems started to raise with other programs This is obvious because the registry backup was very old months So I re-installed whole windows home premium -bit I even formatted my harddrive Gb to get a clean start Now I finally have everything re-istalled and working perfectly Samusung M W was working fine But immediatelly after I installed PDF-printer this time Foxit Anvanced PDF Editor precisely same problem occurred Thi is my curse Of course I took backup files of the whole system and registry But that is not the solution I want to be able print dircetly to pdf I used to avoid this problem by printing first to xps-file and then converting the xps-file to pdf But if you have several files this is really time comsuming I also have Windows Vista -bit in my laptop and all pdf-printers are working just fine Please help me This must be a software issue because at first everything is working fine and in the next minute everything will fail

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/381520-unable-print-anytihing-after-installing-pdf-printer.html
Relevancy 65.36%

My setup is as follows Two Windows XP Pro PCs Linksys Wireless Router Brother HL- DN Laser printer I also sometimes connect wirelessly with my laptop The issue Up until about two weeks ago I was able to print from Desktop PC to printer Desktop has networked to to printer print Solved: Unable a dedicated printer via USB and doesn t access the laser printer I tried installing Brother s printer configuration on laptop so that I can also print to the Solved: Unable to print to networked printer printer from the laptop After installing Brother s configuration software I printed a test page from the laptop successfully I then proceeded to print several PDF files from the laptop and then suddenly the printer would no longer print and the print job monitor just said quot Printing - Error quot Ever since that happened I have been unable Solved: Unable to print to networked printer to print from Desktop PC I reinstalled the Brother software and was able to print a test page and a few print jobs I come back to the PC later in the day and I can no longer print I power cycle the router and then same thing happens Solved: Unable to print to networked printer as above can print test page a few jobs and then nothing Each time I power cycle router I can print for a few minutes then nothing I went out and got a new router Same exact thing I configure new router PC amp PC can access the Internet but PC can t print but it does see that the printer is there Also occasionally the laptop can t connect to Internet It can connect successfully to the LAN but then not to the Internet When I walk away from the PC I always lock it WINDOWS L so it can t be that someone one of the kids did something to the PC Any ideas Thank you in advance for your assistance nbsp

A:Solved: Unable to print to networked printer

Do you have the Brother printer setup with a static IP address?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-print-to-networked-printer.801506/
Relevancy 65.36%

I have searched and can't seem to find the solution!!

Cannot print to a "Shared" Printer on Win 7 Ultimate 64 from a Vist 32bit machine.

I can see the printer, but then it says that the drive is incorrect.

It says that the *.inf file is not correct.

I cannot figure this out!

I also cannot install additional drivers on the Win 7 machine, because I get a, "the specified location does not contain the driver for the requested processor architecture" message.

What am I doing wrong here??!!

A:Cannot print to a "Shared" Printer on Win 7 Ultimate 64

Hi Jsunn,

Hope you've already found a solution but in case not - here's a helpful thread you may wanna read: Printer Sharing Windows 7 RC 64 to Vista 32

Cheers,

Walker
Windows Outreach Team

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/62297-cannot-print-shared-printer-win-7-ultimate-64-a.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Problem:
I have a PC that has to connect to a server through a modem for security reasons.
While it is connected to the modem, a screen needs to be printed.
The printer that is being used is connected to the local network.
While connected to the modem, attempting to print gives the error "The RPC server is unavailable."

System:
Windows XP Professional SP3
Printer server is Windows Server 2008
Modem is old 56k modem connected by serial port (don't think that matters)

What I've tried:
I have tried modifying the routing table to force connections to the subnet that the computer and printer are hosted on.
route -p add 10.1.0.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 10.1.61.0 METRIC 40 IF 0x2
ip for the PC is 10.1.61.53, ip for the printer is 10.1.61.22, IF 0x2 is the integrated NIC
The RPC service is running, and I have also started the RPC locator

Any suggestions what I should do next?

A:Unable to print to network printer while connected to modem

These are correct

ip for the PC is 10.1.61.53,
ip for the printer is 10.1.61.22, IF 0x2
but this is not

route -p add 10.1.0.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 10.1.61.0
and should not be necessary at all, if the PC gateway is on 10.1.61.x

Instead, get the output of ROUTE PRINT and post that

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-print-to-network-printer-while-connected-to-modem.195362/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi all,

Printer HP Laser Jet P2015 attached and shared on a windows 7 home premium machine and there is no problem if i print to it directly. Other windows Xp machines on the same LAN can connect to it but can not print to it. And there are no error displayed. Pls give me some suggestions. Thanks

A:Windows XP cannot print to printer shared on windows 7

Here your go: Share Files and Printers between Windows 7 and XP - How-To Geek

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/79963-windows-xp-cannot-print-printer-shared-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I have four computers on a home network (xp and 7). I have one printer connected to the 7 machine.
I shared the printer and the other computer are connected to it, but when they try to print, it gets sent to the printer but it does not print. If I restart the print spooler on the computer that is acting as the print server it prints immediately. But I have to restart the print spooler every time it prints.

I tried connecting the printer to a different win 7 machine, but I get the same problem.

A:When printing to a shared print, I have to restart print spooler in order for it to p

is the print spooler set to start automatically? (im sure it is but have to ask)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/when-printing-to-a-shared-print-i-have-to-restart-print-spooler-in-order-for-it-to-p-597895.html
Relevancy 61.49%

While trying to delete multiple files from Word, I am clicking to highlight all the files. After a while, I am seeing copies being made of those files -- and then copies of copies, copies of copies of copies, etc. The files are multiplying like rabbits -- even as I try to delete them. Any thoughts?

Relevancy 60.2%

hello dear sir I have the problem with my printers in my office the printers are HP laser jet and my problems is nbsp After I print a document printer does not stop and printing white papers until I stop print service or power down the printer whenI push ctrl p nbsp to printer I does white down not , print print or service I and printer the power until After a stop papers stop printing document print After I print a document , printer does not stop and printing white papers until I stop print service or power down the printer some files like shockwave shd appears in this address quot c windows system spooler printers quot and these files never vanished unless i stop the print spooler I know that nbsp nbsp The following briefly describes the purpose of SPL SHD and TMP files SPL files are the actual spool print job files TMP files are usually associated with LPR print jobs SHD files provide information about which printer the print job was sent to and from whom the print job came An SHD file is a quot shadow quot file that keeps track After I print a document , printer does not stop and printing white papers until I stop print service or power down the printer of what logical printer a same number xxxxx spl file goes to It also contains the file's order in the queue the user who sent the file to the printer and other information These files are usually deleted unless the logical printer settings state otherwise but these files nbsp never vanished and untils these file were removed manually printer cant print at all please help me

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d7fe83f4-0a43-4fa4-b01b-adb78bcaa910/after-i-print-a-document-printer-does-not-stop-and-printing-white-papers-until-i-stop-print?forum=itproxpsp
Relevancy 59.77%

On a XP Pro w/sp 2 the number of copies to print in the Print dialog box always defaults to 9. When I change it to print 1 it reverts back to 9 in the next time I need to print.

Short of removing the printer and re-installing do you have any suggestions on how to change the default back to 1.

Thanks for looking.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/number-of-copies-to-print-will-not-change.652798/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi very new to my new 'Epson SX400' & I can't print more than one copy when trying to print a document from 'Works' even though I change the number in the 'Copies Box'
Able to print more copies when printing copies from 'Hotmail' though
I am sure its simple but I just can't see how to change it?
Would really appreciate your help.
Thx

A:Epson SX400 (Print copies)?

Hi found a solution when selecting number of copies also make sure collate is ticked also.
Just thought this might help someone else

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/epson-sx400-print-copies.763912/
Relevancy 59.77%

When printing from the latest version of IE5 the "number of copies" specification in the Print setup dialog gets set to an apparent random number. Doesn't occur all of the time, but often enough that if you don't happen to see it a lot of paper gets wasted. Random setting lasts for only one print--reopening the dialog usually shows it reset to "1" or, once in a while, a different random value.

Machine prints through a WinNT network and it doesn't seem to matter which of several available printers (all HP Laserjet 4 and 5 Si) is used.

Any ideas on how to fix this or lock the number of copies would be greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win2000-number-of-print-copies-changes-in-ie5.64149/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello,

I have a user who uses Word 2007 on Windows XP and when he pritns to a network printer (HP 4730) the default number of copies changes. Is there a way to set the default to 1 and have it stay there?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/default-number-of-copies-to-print-keeps-changing.154800/
Relevancy 59.34%

My Brother MFC-J but print ok Solved: won't Brother MFC-J82DW copies DW copies Solved: Brother MFC-J82DW copies ok but won't print okay and legibly with no quot ink low quot or quot out of ink quot error message x But from the keyboard trying to print a document either from the web or from a file on the Solved: Brother MFC-J82DW copies ok but won't print desktop makes the printer click and chuckle as if printing the document on screen and the to put out a blank piece of paper Dave O Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack Solved: Brother MFC-J82DW copies ok but won't print bit Processor AMD A - APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD D Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard LENOVO Antivirus Norton Premier Edition Updated and Enabledrsion Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD A - APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD D Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard LENOVO Antivirus Norton Premier Edition Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Solved: Brother MFC-J82DW copies ok but won't print

how are you connected to the printer? Have you reinstalled a fresh copy of the drivers? Also you ma want to remove your email address from your post. It is not needed and may cause you to receive unwanted spam from people trolling this site.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-brother-mfc-j82dw-copies-ok-but-wont-print.1101848/
Relevancy 58.48%

We have replaced some of our machines and bought new systems with Vista, unfortunately we have a printing issue, none of the Vista users can access the shared printer attached to Window's 98 System on the parallel port.

A:Vista Machine unable to print to Printer attached to 98 machine thru parallel port

Originally Posted by savikalra

We have replaced some of our machines and bought new systems with Vista, unfortunately we have a printing issue, none of the Vista users can access the shared printer attached to Window's 98 System on the parallel port.

Have you installed the printer drivers on the Vista machines.?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/197162-vista-machine-unable-print-printer-attached-98-machine-thru-parallel-port.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi Guys In our org recently the intranet portal is being launched having webpages built using using - 4C02 Error Printer print error Internet Explorer, to 49. Unable Html amp CSS everything seemed to be working fine until we had this issue of printing via all Internet Explorer browser version Issue Description Couple of symptoms of the issues when trying to print The printer name is invalid res ieframe dll preview js The remote server machine does not exist or is unavailable res ieframe dll preview js Whenever print is fired the printer goes in hung state we have to power off and power on the same Observation The same webpage when we try to print using Mozilla firefox Google chrome there is no issueThe Unable to print using Internet Explorer, Printer error 49. 4C02 - Error print model is HP LaserJet M MFP seriesThe printer is installed using TCP configuration on member server and the printer is shared for client PCs Windows As soon as the print is fired on the server where printer is configured observe event ID which states print was successful Document URL - website owned by UserA was printed on HP LaserJet mfp - IT PCL via port IP nbsp Size in bytes pages printed We also tested the print on several other printer model like Lexmark and the issue is same If the printer Unable to print using Internet Explorer, Printer error 49. 4C02 - Error is configured locally using USB Unable to print using Internet Explorer, Printer error 49. 4C02 - Error and tried to print print is successfulIf we print to XPS doc it prints properly using IE for that pageTried to trace what s happening using netmon when print is fired using IE and below is the screenshot Came across this registry thing while troubleshooting and didn t know how it could relate to the issue while deep diving into netmon logs nbsp nbsp ms REG DWORD LITTLE ENDIAN Action Taken KB nbsp - didn t workedInstalled hotfixes on windows PC KB KB KB didn t workedlogged case with HP Support updated the drivers UPD PS didn t worked still working on it enabled disabled script debugging on IE advanced settings didn t workedturned on off protected mode didn t workedtried running in bit version didn t workedtried running in run as administrator mode didn t workedregistered IE dlls with regards to print didn t workedreinstalled IE didn t worked nbsp It seems when print is fired the job is sent to server and as soon as the server spooled the print job in to printer the printer used to get hung Printer queue would show the status as printing but won t print if we don t cancel the job the printer after powered ON would again go into hung state Would appreciate for your prompt response on the above issue mentioned and do revert for more queries any points step if I have missed nbsp - Charles

A:Unable to print using Internet Explorer, Printer error 49. 4C02 - Error

Thanks guys for your help, the issue seemed to be fixed as it was identified by application team there was some issue(might not be compatible with IE & specific printers) with the font.

The font used in the application was 'Open Sans Light','Open Sans Regular', 'Open Sans Semi Bold' belonging to the 'Open Sans' family of fonts.We downloaded the Webfont from Google FontsWe tried printing the font in the HP printers which caused the 49.4C02 error.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e1ed1c42-8663-4686-8f93-11b198191cea/unable-to-print-using-internet-explorer-printer-error-49-4c02-error?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 58.05%

I'm looking at someone's machine and seeing files (for example vcmui.exe) duplicate many - many times with a numeric extension such as .001, .002 etc. Has anyone seen this one as a failed install - or more likely a particular virus?

A:multiple copies ?

Well run a virus scan on it:
http://housecall.antivirus.com/

Could these be files that were created by a file splitter program like File Shredder? It creates files with numeric extensions like you gave.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multiple-copies.76377/
Relevancy 57.62%

I am unable to print from any program. Printers seemed to be installed OK. When I select print, the program freezes and displays the message "The printer has not yet responded, but the Microsoft Office program may be able to proceed without printer information. Do you want to continue to wait for the printer?". If I say no I get the printer dialogue box with the printer line blank, but all printers displayed below the bank line. If I select one of the printers I get the message "The active directory domain services is currently unavailable".
I tried googling the problem, but cannot find an answer. Any ideas?

A:Unable to print "The printer has not yet responded, but the ..."

Hi, are you using any printer sharing (USB device share) software? This can cause such behaviour. Additionally it could be a USB glitch - have you tried changing the printer to another USB port? If it's a network printer or you are trying to access a printer on another workstation then there would be other steps to take...

Obviously you need a printer that has sufficient consumables on hand, and silly as it sounds, make sure there are no paper jams...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/205980-unable-print-printer-has-not-yet-responded-but.html
Relevancy 57.62%

If I multiselect 2 folders and copy them to a destination across the network vs select the same folders separately to copy to the same destinations (2 copies), the time difference is unbelievable. Sometimes I cannot always mutliselect them (different folders). Is there any way to make it copy faster?

My guess is Windows 7 is throttling between the 2 processes making it like 5x as long.

I know I can do one copy, then the next, but sometimes I want it to be done at one time (I'm not sitting there watching it).

I was hoping to avoid batch files as these are 1 time things usually.

I guess I would think Windows is smart enough to know I am doing 2 copies with that same source drive and destination and work it out.

A:Multiple copies very slow

The data transfer speed is set to the network, so what ever your network transfer data rate is, that's what it is. This it do to the hardware of each PC and the router on the network whether wired or wireless.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/262188-multiple-copies-very-slow.html
Relevancy 57.62%

My Excel is making copies every time I try to delete files. It is now up to 152 and making copies of copies. How can I stop this?

A:Eliminate Multiple Copies

Hi Lucy Ann,

please check the SAVE OPTIONS in:

File \Save As \Tools Drop Down button \ General\ Options.

There is an option 'Always Create Backup' which you should uncheck.

(Unless in the first place when you open your file you are opening as a copy?)

lol
Hew

PS I think on some earlier versions this flag was on the Tools \Options \ General Tab. The Options I am referring to above is specifically in the Save As dialogue window.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/eliminate-multiple-copies.378372/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have Windows XP Home Edition and Outlook XP. I would like to set up a second Outlook.pst file for my wife. I know she could share my file but it would be cleaner if we each had our own separate copy. Would this cause problems for Outlook if the files are in separate directories?

A:Multiple Copies of Outlook.pst

You need to have seperate profiles in order to do this. Make a seperate login in XP for each of you and you should be able to create your own profile after that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multiple-copies-of-outlook-pst.115533/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hey ya'll. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit. When I got up this morning a program (WinMHR) that scans processes and files for malware, reported 4 copies of explorer.exe as infected. I always thought there should only be one copy of it. I also did a search for explorer.exe in Everything. Here's a screenshot: 1305909911-clip-117kb.png clip. I actually shows 20 copies of it. I was running an online backup with Digital Lifeboat that I was concerned about, so I rolled back with Rollback Rx hoping to remove these copies of explorer.exe, thinking Lifeboat had something to do with them being there. After rollback, they're still there and that's why I'm posting this.
Hope someone can help me clear this up.
Thanks,
skilz853

A:Multiple Copies of explorer.exe

My system reports "clean" and I have a dozen listed, most have the same entries as those in your screen shot.

What nasty is your malware scanner program reporting and where are they located?

Also, what version of Win7 are you running? I found this in the WinMHR FAQs -

Why do I get a warning on my 64-bit computer?

WinMHR is currently a 32-bit application. This means WinMHR can not scan running processes that are 64-bit.
You can still check any file using WinMHR, so a 'Quick Scan' or 'Full Scan' will check the files that launch the process that reside on disk.
Regards,
GEWB

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/164386-multiple-copies-explorer-exe.html
Relevancy 57.62%

hi guys; many a time i've found sound advice here from 'googling' a problem. But this time i cannot find anything relating to this;

running a search for *.exe (trying to track an elusive file) among the 1611 files found were 163 all called spuninst.exe inside C:\WINDOWS there were several setup.exe too (16) whereas my friend only has one of each. My system was bought in feb this year (2007) My system details are included in my profile(?)

If anyone can suggest why it should write so many copies (each stored in a uniquely numbered folder) at different dates, I would be most grateful.

Or if someone can tell me if it is safe to delete excess copies of file. (though this will not explain the WHY, and it may just continue to write copies ad nauseaum)

cheers

A:multiple copies (163!) of spuninst.exe

It would appear that you keep your PC updated with MS updates while your friend doesn't.

The program lives in each folder that contains an MS update and is the uninstaller for that update.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multiple-copies-163-of-spuninst-exe.543751/
Relevancy 57.62%

For about 2 years when ever I am working with photo image files my computer will spontaneously copy ones that I am working with. Subsequently I now have hundreds of multiple copies of the same images. Sometimes I have tried to delete the copies as I am working but I never get ahead.........only more copies. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions about what is happening or how I can stop it.

Thanks,

Bill

Relevancy 57.62%

So now Windows 10 is linked to my hardware and no license key is required. So I can install windows 10 as many times as I want on the one machine in a dual boot environment?

A:Multiple windows 10 copies.

Originally Posted by slingsrat

So now Windows 10 is linked to my hardware and no license key is required. So I can install windows 10 as many times as I want on the one machine in a dual boot environment?

Technically yes

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/47611-multiple-windows-10-copies.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have Win 7 retail. I currently have one installation of this OS on my machine in Bristol where I am doing my internship.

I am wondering if it is possible to install another copy of this same OS on my other machine where I live (elsewhere in the UK)?

I would never be using the OS at the same time. It would be mutually exclusive; either running on one machine or the other.

Thanks.

A:Multiple Windows 7 Copies

No, 1 license per computer, simple as that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/243256-multiple-windows-7-copies.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Is it possible to print multiple copies of the same envelope in Word 2000?

A:Multiple Copies of Envelopes

It may depend on what type of envelope you wish to duplicate. Are you printing a return address only? Or creating a self-addressed return envelope? In Word Help under Create and Print an Envelope, it refers you to Tools/Envelopes and Labels/Envelopes. In the Delivery Address box, you can enter the single mailing address and then print all the envelopes you like. Or, using the Return Address box, you can type in the return address you want or enter your default address if you have set it up. Check out the Word Help references for further directions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multiple-copies-of-envelopes.101694/
Relevancy 57.62%

My Windows Task Manager shows multiple Process entries running under the same User Name, ie
3 copies of iexplore.exe under my User Name
2 copies of MsMpEng.exe under SYSTEM
3 copies of svchost.exe under SYSTEM and LOCAL SERVICE
2 copies of svchost.exe under NETWORK SERVICE.

Is this right to have multiple copies running concurrently?
Which of these processes can I safely stop?
The MsMpEng.exe CPU overhead certainly causes a long delay in the loading of IE.
Do the multiple MsMpEng.exe copies contribute to this problem?
(I run Windows XP using Windows Security Essentials, Windows Defender and Spybot).

Many thanks for any help.

A:Multiple Process Copies

Multiple copies of SVCHOST.EXE is normal.
IE will open multiple iexplore.exe processes, usually one for each tab, depending on available resources.

If you are using Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE), you should turn off Windows Defender (MsMpEng.exe)
MSE should have disabled Windows Defender in Vista/Win 7, and on XP, it should have uninstalled Windows Defender.

For XP, use Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs to uninstall Windows Defender.
Vista - Turn Windows Defender on or off
Windows 7 - Turn Windows Defender on or off

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multiple-process-copies.937982/
Relevancy 57.62%

I am unable to print multiple copies in the newsletter and the calendar sections. Help!

A:printing multiple copies

In your printer dialogue box, there should be an option for multiple copies.

Could you please give more information such as type of printer and what programs are being used when attempting this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/printing-multiple-copies-531630.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have 3 computers each having itzs own copy of Vista. the CDS have become mixed up. How can I determine which CD belongs to which computer? Is there a way I can look up the key on each computer to be sure which CD belongs to it?

A:Multiple Copies of Vista

I think you will find all the installation discs are the same content wise and contain all versions of Vista. Its your license key that is unique.

Lets just elaborate a little... the discs only contain either 32 or 64 bit software not both. So look under 'system' in control panel and see what your versions are for each PC and if different ( am ix of 32 and 64 then match to the discs that way). If the licence key with the disc is an OEM type (original equipment manufacturer, such as an upgrade disc) then that key can only be used on the PC it was first activated on. If they are full retail copies then you can use them on any PC at any one time.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/304009-multiple-copies-vista.html
Relevancy 57.19%

For some crazy reason, my printer seems to be unrecognized or uninstalled and when I try to print, I get the hardware install icon in the taskbar and at present, I am up to "copy 4" I think! I can uninstall driver and start over, but why did this happen?
I appreciate any help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-copies.949835/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello,

I have a problem with a HP 460 printer. Each time I connect it to the computer via USB, it creates a new copy of the printer:

HP Deskjet 460 Series
HP Deskjet 460 Series (Copy 1)
HP Deskjet 460 Series (Copy 2)
etc

I can only use the last copy to print and this is becoming a bit annoying. Any idea?

This is just the first problem with the printers. They are not my strong point

Bob

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/several-printer-copies.598588/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi to all.

I am having an annoing problem with shared printers.

The user that share a printer lose the default printer in any case when another user print on this shared and it turn immediatly default printer only for the user that share the printer.

The printer shared is a label printer without network port and all was working very well before this , in my opinion, unusefull improve.

All user have the " not manage default option" , win 10 pro but seems that "default option" do not effect at all with shared printers.

It is clear that is a very bad working for the sharing printer user that have to check every time what the actual default printer.

any suggestion or is it a win 10 bug ?

ciao

A:Shared printer problem with windows 10 printer default manage

Not a Windows bug. Helps to know the model and manufacturer of thr label printer.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/42647-shared-printer-problem-windows-10-printer-default-manage.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have two .edu email accounts, but when I placed the 2nd order through the student program (741) I realized I was still logged into the same email address.

So, now I have bought two Windows 7 on the same email account, whereas it says you are only allowed to have one per .edu email address.

I got my first copy (Home Premium) about a week ago, and it's already installed and being used. I have not touched (or downloaded) the second copy (Pro), but I've already been charged the $33.

What should I do? Can I download and install this second copy? Will they charge me for the full amount later on?

Thanks a lot in advance.

A:Windows 741 Program - Multiple Copies

What should I do?Click to expand...

Let your conscience be your guide.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-741-program-multiple-copies.889564/
Relevancy 56.76%

This has been a long war I am running Windows XP with service pack using malwarebytes superantispyware both paid lifetime AVG almost years and Redirect copies wuauclt.exe multiple of left and spybot search and destroy About late Nov to early Jan I started having redirects to IP addresses in Russia to search Redirect and multiple copies of wuauclt.exe engines I never heard of and other ugly things I started digging I am still fighting it Often if I say do a google search pick something that should be safe click and go to the top bar and reclick in there if it is starting to redirect it Redirect and multiple copies of wuauclt.exe will force it back to what I chose Also since the beginning of the year a few of the redirect IP destinations seem to have been shut down thank everyting At best malwarebytes blocks outgoing attempts for stuff to call home if I do not use a browser I picked up Malwarebytes about January I had been using superantispyware for a few years along with spybot I picked up AVG early February as another attempt to root out what is going on Currently firewall is AVG and Malwarebytes I use firefox because IE has had issues with stuff I am running with it in Safe Mode at the moment I am having many copies of wuauclt exe crop up and run hog down my cpu AND drive my commit charge into the stratosphere over a few days I let it go for hours once and had over copies going in different areas with different paths nothing identical according to process explorer I have tried to exorcise any copy of wuauclt out of Windows System and as fast as I can delete it it creates a new one and one called wuauclt after about five or six quick deletes it quits trying to make new ones for a few minutes I am leery of combofix I had a major issue in and bricked my system so thoroughly someone nudged my mouse that I had to go to a total wipe and virgin reinstall of the OS I just want to rip out the bacterial style multiplying of wuauclt and whatever keeps trying to call home In January Spybot was finding click giftload once in awhile but it is no longer claiming to find that anymore And yes I did download ATF cleaner and run it too in the past hours and I m days on this side of a full defrag Oh I do plan on moving to Windows finances in Aug will finally let me do so I just want to know what the blip I have been in mortal combat with and how to rip it out by the roots Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/redirect-and-multiple-copies-of-wuauclt-exe.1004914/
Relevancy 56.76%

This issue started about two weeks ago when I noticed my system was totally bogged down opening MS WORD would take Usage of 100% at Copies Spawned-CPU Pgm Multiple X - minutes loading a web site would take - minutes even pulling up Task Manager would take several minutes At first the Pgm X that was spawning itself was named some nonsense name --osrao exe weyjehvj exe lhrrpqzfza exe omuhsiefud exe funintyu exe WSED exe RecCtrlU exe ziupwof exe equforyfi exe etc -- it would create up to a dozen or so copies and the only way to stop it was to END PROCESS 'em one by one Usually they'd show up again sometimes not though Often the only way to shut my system down was to force it by using the POWER button So I picked up Malwarebytes and ran it MB found LOTS of items it wanted to quarantine and I let it Ran MB again it found a few more quarantined amp then Multiple Copies of Pgm X Spawned-CPU Usage at 100% deleted everything MB said needed it System was fine for a couple of days as CPU usage was consistently below the double-digit mark Then we started a round of Pgm X being dllhost exe again - copies running when left alone and the only way to stop 'em was several rounds of END TASk'ing 'em Now we're up to iexplore exe being the spawning fool Malwarebytes hasn't found anything in the last day or two at least - So it's time for the big guns you guys Following Multiple Copies of Pgm X Spawned-CPU Usage at 100% are my system specs if there's anything else you need lemme know and it would help if you use small words and explicit step-by-step instructions I'll get it for you Thanks for all y'all do CJ Dell Inspirion System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version Service Pack Build CPU Intel ATOM N GHz RAM GHz GB of RAM - DDR Graphics HP LE x x Hz NVIDIA GeForce GT Disk Drive ST AS Audio Realtek High Definition Audio Browser Internet Explorer v Total Physical Memory MB Available Physical Memory MB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB

A:Multiple Copies of Pgm X Spawned-CPU Usage at 100%

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2. SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.NOTE 3. If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! message restart computer and Security Check should run Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit to your desktop.Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.Double click on downloaded file. OK self extracting prompt.MBAR will st... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/552897/multiple-copies-of-pgm-x-spawned-cpu-usage-at-100/
Relevancy 56.76%

W-XP. Saved pictures in (My pictures folder ) keep reproducing for no reason.

When i save a picture then go to my pictures to view it. as many as 40 or 50 of the same picture are showing.
How can i prevent this from happening ?.

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi, I recently had a problem with my laptop so i formated it (so i thought) and then installed a fresh copy of Windows XP on it. The version of XP that i installed was old with no Service Pack so i had to install another copy which had a service pack (which didn't work). So i had a brand new copy of Vista at home and installed that (which works fine) but my problem is that the previous versions of XP is still on the computer and everytime i start the computer up, it asks me which one to boot up.

Is there anyway to uninstall the XP copies? I don't want to format it all again because the version of Vista is genuine and then it will be a complete waste of $200 if i have to format it :(

A:How to delete multiple copies of windows!

Are the different op systems on different partitions or did you use the Vista disk to upgrade the XP install?

This will matter in deciding what to do.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-to-delete-multiple-copies-of-windows-448461.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Using Windows 7 fax program. We are receiving multiple copies of the same fax (sometimes 10) though the sender says they are only sending one time. Is this a setting issue? Would love to only get one copy delivered.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-fax-receiving-multiple-copies.1074886/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a Dell laptop with Windows XP Professional Version 2002. When I try to delete documents mulitiple copies (25-50) are made of the document. I initially tried to copy documents to CD and then delete them. Most of the documents are from templates that I downloaded from AOL email. Can you help?

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi

I am running Win XP Pro (SP3). I have no current issues, just a query.

When browsing through the System32 folder, I see what look like duplicate copies of a number of system files e.g.

winlogon.exe
winlogon(2).exe
winlogon(3).exe

similarly: services.exe, services(2).exe, services(3).exe

Are copies x(2), x(3) etc redundant? Can they be purged? The current file (without a bracket number) always appears to be the most recent one.

Are the other copies remnants of some update, and can they be purged?

thanks

A:Multiple copies of winlogon.exe in System32

Quote:

Originally Posted by occam54

.......Are copies x(2), x(3) etc redundant? Can they be purged?.........

They are redundant BUT may have been created through malware - I'd suggest you seek malware help - Please follow this sites pre-posting process outlined here:

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

After running through all the steps, please post the requested logs in the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum, not here.->

Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help - Tech Support Forum

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/multiple-copies-of-winlogon-exe-in-system32-580284.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a customer whom I built a computer for and put WinXP Home on it for him. He had some crazy trouble with dialup and internet explorer/netscape. Long story short the problem was solved by installing windows again and reinstalling applications.

THE PROBLEM: How can one copy of WinXP Home be uninstalled from a computer which has two copies of WinXP Home installed?

Thanks in advance for the help,
Rusty

A:Multiple copies of WinXP Home

Dosen't the second install write over the first one, leaving you with only one? Just assumed that happened.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/multiple-copies-of-winxp-home-4370.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Using Outlook 2016, Windows 10. In the last few days, I've started getting multiple copies of the same email. Not all emails, but most. Some, just two or three. Others, up to a dozen of the same email. I've got four accounts at two different servers (RoadRunner and GoDaddy) ... and it's happening to all four, which is why I think it's an Outlook problem.

Additional clue: Some of the emails I'm getting multiple copies of are from last month ... stuff that had been deleted many days ago.

First instinct is to look at my settings (both POP accounts), to see if things are set up correctly. But that makes no sense ? up until two or three days ago, everything was working exactly the way it should. I haven't made any system changes, haven't installed new software ... can't think of anything that would've made this just start happening.

Any way to make this stop that doesn't require a hammer?

Thanks, anybody.......

A:Receiving multiple copies of some emails

Originally Posted by bilglas

Using Outlook 2016, Windows 10. In the last few days, I've started getting multiple copies of the same email.

Windows 8.1, Outlook 2016 and the same thing has started happening to me. I have made no changes to any settings, but suddenly I'm getting multiple copies of emails.

It looks like it started on Monday.........could it be related to the leap year?

Through the process of registering for this forum and typing this post, I have hit "send/receive" 3 times, and now I have 3 copies of one email. At this point it seems quote random - 3 copies of one email, but only 1 copy of another etc.
Edit: A bit more searching and it seems to be a "known bug" introduced in the last 2016 release in February. Apparently happens if the "leave a copy on the server" setting is enabled. Microsoft advise either removing the setting so all messages are deleted, or using IMAP instead of POP3. Tough luck for those of us stuck with slow and expensive internet connections that make IMAP untenable!!!

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/42722-receiving-multiple-copies-some-emails.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Here ya go, I download to specified directory, My Documents/My Pictures for pictures and My Documents/My Music for Music files ok so far. But lately in shared, owner and C:\Documents and Settings with the above already directories I see I know have three copies of any pix, music or doc i recently downloaded? So, how can i stop this multiple copying and storing in Windows Xp?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multiple-copies-of-files-in-other-areas.992200/
Relevancy 56.76%

I ve been getting rid of cookies and crap off my computer that I didn t need because it has been running very slowly and when I got to my processes list to stop some useless ones I saw that two copies of iexplore exe was running while I didn t have copies Multiple IE it's running, open but of not it Multiple copies of IE running, but it's not open up So I close it and another one opens this one taking up at least kb of RAM I close that one and another pops up only taking up k of RAM After they usually dont come back until I restart my computer My guess is that it is some sort of Malware popups and such but I need a second opinion and how to get rid of it Any help would be appreciated Here is the HiJackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe c program files common files logitech lvmvfm LVPrcSrv exe C WINDOWS system VTTimer exe C WINDOWS system VTtrayp exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C Program Files Logitech Video CameraAssistant exe C WINDOWS system ElkCtrl exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C PROGRA McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer O - BHO no name - CED - - E - F - A EF CCC E - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll file missing O - BHO no name - ED - - -ABCD- A E FDADBC - no file O - BHO no name - D - EC- A B- F - A E E D - no file O - BHO no name - c- ba- a - -d ff f - no file O - BHO no name - f a - - dbc-b b - cd - no file O - BHO no name - E C - A - EAF- - CCCC AEE - no file O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - D D F -C C - B - -E EF AD - no file O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan scriptsn dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO no name - A - - aa-ADAC-B F A A D - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO no name - FBD - DAC- E C- B F- E CB - no file O - BHO no name - BBB D E- - D-A BF-D F B A - no file O - BHO no name - C A BA-BE - A -A -E D E DA - no file O - BHO no name - D E F E-E EF- D - -D C F AC - no file O - BHO no name - E B D -B CF- FB- -E F B AD - no file O - HKLM Run VTTimer VTTimer exe O - HKLM Run VTTrayp VTtrayp exe O - HKLM Run Recguard WINDIR SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run Reminder WINDIR Creator Remind XP exe O - HKLM Run S... Read more

Relevancy 56.76%

I recently copied a number of items from a CD onto my desktop. I also copied them from the desktop onto a flashdrive. I'm not sure what I did but now every time I boot on XP, about 40 copies of shortcuts show up on my desk top. How do I stop this from happening?
Thanks.

A:Multiple Copies of Shortcuts when Booting XP

if you have the System restore feature turn on you can simply go back to a day before the problem here is how is done http://www.packardbell.co.uk/specialevents/infocenter/01/Howto/maintain/01xpmt04/01xpmt04.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multiple-copies-of-shortcuts-when-booting-xp.327407/
Relevancy 56.76%

Over time I notice that processes like scvhost are duplicated several times, is that to be expected or do some people mask viruses by running them as common names? what is the best way to distinguish a viral process or are most viruses these day hidden inside other processes as DLLs or what have you?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multiple-copies-of-common-processes.881452/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi I m working on a one of XP on multiple copies computer Running problem we have at work and am hoping for some Running multiple copies of XP on one computer advice here My situation is this At work we have to remote into many different sites using many different methods each specific to our clients Some of these methods conflict with each other so they need to be installed on different copies of XP OS in all we need different environments We originally had an older computer running multiple copies of XP in VMs We found this way too slow for the work we needed to do We then started trying to round up a bunch of PCs and install the software on them This worked a bit better but was not efficiant to get up and move around to multiple PCs when working with multiple clients Does anyone have a solution that would incorporate one computer Maybe multiple partitions each having XP installed It would be useful if this machine could be remotely connected to from our own stations and be able to switch to the different copies remotely as well We would like to be able to connect with more than one user at a time but that may be pushing it Maybe I m way off track and there is a better solution to our problem Please provide any suggestions Thank-you for any and all information

A:Running multiple copies of XP on one computer

Well...any hard drive will accomodate 4 installs of Windows on primary partitions...but only one will run at a given time. All four cannot run at the same time...same as any multiboot system.

Only 1 partition per hard drive can be active at any one time.

Even if you installed multiple hard drives (as I have)...only one O/S partition can be active at any given moment.

You may wantr to read http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2008/05/22/how-to-share-keyboard-and-mouse-on-multiple-computers/ .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/362339/running-multiple-copies-of-xp-on-one-computer/