Windows Support Forum

FONT COLOR ICON IN WORD 2000 TOOLBAR

Q: FONT COLOR ICON IN WORD 2000 TOOLBAR

A command I often us in my Word toolbar is Font Color (the icon has an emboldened A). Recently, when putting my cursor on the icon to open it and change the color of the font(s), it will not work. So, I have to right-click on the toolbar, go to Customize?drag the icon back into Customize drop-down box, re-open Format and drag another Font Color back up to the toolbar. But, this works only for a few minutes and then stops working again.

I have tried all different scenarios to overcome this problem, but have no idea why such a simple thing is not working as it should?and this has never happened in all the years I have been using my computer.

Thanking whomever takes the time to respond to this question.
BOBBY GOLDMAN

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: FONT COLOR ICON IN WORD 2000 TOOLBAR

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: FONT COLOR ICON IN WORD 2000 TOOLBAR

Go to Start/Run and type appwiz.cpl and press enter. In the Add Remove Programs, scroll down to Microsoft Office. Click Change/Remove here you can Add Office programs, Remove (Uninstall) Office or Repair. Try Repair.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/font-color-icon-in-word-2000-toolbar-688453.html
Relevancy 87.29%

Hello I have Word on Win XP I ve added a bunch of macro icons to my formatting tool bar so I can quickly change font color white black blue red or highlighting color white green yellow turquoise I also wanted the normal font drop down tool with its X color grid and the normal highlighting tool with its X color grid The problem is my normal font color tool X grid won t drop down until I edit the toolbar and 2000: font won't drop down Word 'drop' color put the exact same tool up there Now I ll have Word 2000: font color drop down won't 'drop' two up there but I can drag the Word 2000: font color drop down won't 'drop' second one away as soon as I put it up there When I close my customization window the original font tool becomes active and I can now work with it Before I go into customization mode I can use the default black color on the color font tool It just won t drop down to expose the color grid How can this be fixed It didn t always work like this Thanks nbsp

A:Word 2000: font color drop down won't 'drop'

Check in the toolbar options it should have an option to control the behavior of the drop down menus......or it could be a software glitch which in case you will have to reinstall

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2000-font-color-drop-down-wont-drop.503476/
Relevancy 79.98%

I just installed a new theme on my computer. The background is lighter than previous themes. Contrary to instructions, the Font color remained white, which makes reading the icons difficult. I have performed a search, but I have been unable to find a way to change the font color to black.

A:Change Icon font color

Post a link to the theme you installed and I will look at it.
Where does this white text show up at?
Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/222300-change-icon-font-color.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Is there a way to change the Icon Font to a different color, other than white?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-icon-font-color.421405/
Relevancy 79.98%

This may seem like a simple one but. how do you change the font color of the desktop icon text..?

Relevancy 79.12%

I need to know how to change the font color from white to black. I clicked on personlize then went to windows color and apperance then Icon but the color change was grayed out. Anyone that knows a work around I really need it. Right now the font color is white but the background I want to use is light which makes the fonts type hard to read when it is white. Changing to black would make all the difference in the world.

Ron Spruell Sr.

A:Desktop Icon font color change

Hi Ron,

Welcome to Vista Forums.

I do not think you can unless you switch to the Windows Classic color scheme.

This might work as an alternative for you though. In the Visual Effects Performance Options, check Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop. This should help make them easier to see.

Visual Effects Options

Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/121125-desktop-icon-font-color-change.html
Relevancy 79.12%

anyone know how to change the desktop font color?> by default it white,, i wanna to change it into black which more suitable for reading!
i have tried to customize --> right click desktop-->select personize--> windows color and appearce setting--> advanced -- desktop but the font color is grey not available to chaneg

thanks alot~~~!

Relevancy 79.12%

I don't know why I can't remember, but I can't lol. I changed my wallpaper from a dark color to a light color. Because my last wallpaper was so dark my desktop icon fonts were white. Now I need them to be dark and I can't remember for the life of me how to change them! I went to properties and appearances and clicked icon from the drop down menu, but it gave me no option to change the color. I assume that I was clicking the wrong thing for desktop icon font. Help

Relevancy 78.26%

I have a friend who is elderly and has problems seeing. I went into the display settings on his XP Home Edition and was able to change the font and the font size on the icon captions for his desktop. BUT I CANNOT FIND HOW TO CHANGE THE COLOR OF THE CAPTIONS! I find that the menu for changing sizes and fonts for the various display items very confusing! If someone could tell me precisely how I can change the color from white to black I would greatly appreciate it!
Thanks!

Relevancy 78.26%

I struggled with trying different ways to change the desktop icon font color. I found this solution below that worked for me, so wanted to post it here to save others frustration.

Re: Desktop Icon font color change
Go to Control Panel > Personalization > Desktop Background and click "Change background color" which is text (doesn't show up as a link) at the buttom right corner of that screen.. There you should pick a white background if you want black text and black background to get white text..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-desktop-icon-font-color-in-vista.856230/
Relevancy 78.26%

This should be easy but I've found several instructions to the right page-- but the font box is greyed out.

The font size is ok but I want to make it look more like old XP which means light blue background with white
font lettering on the desktop. The default goes to black text for light background-- I already found that out.

Years ago I did this on another job but can't remember how to get around what Win7 _wants_ to do.

With this is mind is there any summary screen of what changes have been made?. As said, the usual
setup screen allows me to change b/g color but font is greyed out.

A:Change the icon font color on Win7 Desktop

I use a program called Iconoid Iconoid - Hide and show desktop icons, maketransparent backgrounds

Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/themes-styles/384508-change-icon-font-color-win7-desktop.html
Relevancy 77.83%

microsoft word 2010 font color stopped working today. all text is displayed in black regardless of the font color selected. i have been advised to uninstall and then reinstall. however, i am concerned that if i uninstall and then reinstall i will be prevented from doing so because the software will say you had already installed this program. i have a new product key that i microsoft extorted $40.00 from me in order to get it. microsoft said that my original product key was out of warranty and thus i had to buy another one. the point is, i am concerned about uninstalling and then reinstallling because i don't know if i will be allowed to do so in spite of having a new product key only two months old.

A:word 2010 font color

Where did you get this copy of Word that you installed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2010-font-color.1128368/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi friends,

I'm using Microsoft Word 2007. And I want to change the default value of the toolbar item "change font color" from red like this:

to brown like this:

Could you please show me how to do this?

(By using the word default I mean each time I open a new document, the color must be brown, not red (as it is now))

Thanks for reading my question.

Relevancy 76.11%

Hello,
when I click on the arrow next to the font color button, nothing happens- I get no colors table. Until today this worked perfectly, but this morning Word asked to save changes to normal.dot I clicked "cancel" but it didn't responded.
How to restore font color button work? I have no installation CD.
Thanks.

A:Word: font color button doesn't work

Could be the Normal.dot template is corrupted. Close Word then search for and delete all instances of the Normal.dot template from your computer. When done, load up Word again and a fresh Normal.dot template will be created automatically, see if this fixes the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-font-color-button-doesnt-work.405305/
Relevancy 76.11%

For some reason, the automatic color has been set to gray.
Any word document that I open up is in gray...

I've tried going to the font dialog and setting the default color to black but it didnt chance the automatic color.

please help!

A:Word 2010- help setting automatic font color

Edward, so you clicked on this box (red arrow pointing to it in the snip) and changed the font color default in there? And that did not work?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/154030-word-2010-help-setting-automatic-font-color.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I have had a search of the forum and can't find a solution to this, so apologies if it is a known / obvious fix for the experts!

I have created a document in Word 2000 that includes some "Windings" symbols. In opening the document on other machines in Word 97, some of them have changed font colour and turned into "Wingdings 2" and others have remained in "Wingdings" but changed font colour.
Wingdings is definitely an installed font on the machines I have tried, and it appears to be a consistent change on those different machines (i.e. replaced characters are the same and colour changesare the same).
[We are all appear to be using the same printer drivers and are using Windows 98]
Thoughts
Craig

A:Changing symbol font from Word 2000 to Word 97

Slight error in the above. Gone back to original machine and checked document. When opening in Word 97 the font isn't actually changing as I did use "Wingdings 2" in the original anyway, but clolours are changing and the actual symbol used in "Wingdings 2" has changed.

So basically the two problems are:

1 - font colours are changing on all the symbol font characters (whether "Wingdings" or "Wingdings 2").
2 - a different symbol is being used for those in "Wingdings 2" on the Word 97 machines.

Craig

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-symbol-font-from-word-2000-to-word-97.286811/
Relevancy 75.68%

At the risk of being chastised for still using Office 2000 Pro (because I can't stand the "ribbon" in Office 2010), I need to ask a question. I just purchased a new Win 7 desktop and installed Office 2000 SP3 on it. My prior desktop OS was Win XP, and the background color for the menu- and toolbars in every Office module was a light tan, which I liked. In Win 7, they're a drab gray. I've looked everywhere for a way to change the Office window background color, but can find nothing.

I know Win 7 uses the "Aero" color scheme and I can change the window title bar using the "Personalize" function. So the Office menu- and toolbar color is apparently controlled by Office, but I can't find it. Where is it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-color-of-office-2000-toolbar-menus-in-win-7.1109974/
Relevancy 75.25%

Can Excel 2016 find and replace a word's (character string) font color?I need the capability to search a spreadsheet for a word and change that word's font color. For example, find all instances of the word "ANALYZE" and change the font color to BLUE (0000FF). Similarly, find all instances of the word "DESIGN" and change its font color to GREEN (009900), and so on.I'm doing it manually now. Would like to run a macro (?) that does it. It would save me 15 minutes of keyboarding time, 10 times a week.Thanks, Roseymessage edited by RoseyProcessTraige

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/find-change-a-words-font-color-in-excel-2016/20523.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Guys,

On a Windows 7 desktop PC using Firefox 40. Where is the ability to change text color on the Google Docs toolbar? I think I had it once during a session and it vanished on me. I have included a picture of my toolbar as a reference.

If I can't get the text color to change via the toolbar, how do I do it from another menu?

Jack

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/google-docs-toolbar-question-change-text-color-icon.1155501/
Relevancy 73.1%

I have Windows and have a question regarding Word font 2000 a saved document in Word Microsoft Office --I recently had my system upgraded and a new larger hard drive installed This new drive eliminated the other drives I had so now everything is on one drive When my tech transferred all the files over everything went well All the files open edit and close just fine But there is Word 2000 font one document I created years ago that I use for my business that is showing up in the quot symbol quot font I have tried selecting all and changing it but when I do everything appears as a little square The size will change but the only letters remotely legible are when it s put on quot symbol quot I emailed a copy to my tech and she couldn t figure it out All of my Publisher documents as well as the rest of my Word documents are fine I don t know what else to do and can t imagine trying to decipher this out enough to retype it Any ideas Thanks avonar nbsp

Relevancy 73.1%

Hi there, 
I have recently updated my Mac to the newer Microsoft 2016 and every time I hit the tab button to indent the format of the font, font size, and color change instead of indenting my paper. 
Please help this is a very annoying issue.

Max

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/83e5c5b0-ba2f-42a7-b46f-c474fa34a179/tab-button-doesnt-indent-instead-formats-fontfont-sizecolor-of-font?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi to all
I run Word 2000 and just recently when I went to sent off an email I found although Times New Roman 10 was set, the font coming up on the screen was far too small,barely readable, increasing the number does increase the size It is not satisfactory really.
I have tried numerous things even reistalling Office but nothing seems to help
The same thing happens in Word
Help !!! Thank you
Vashti

Relevancy 72.67%

I have a Word 2000 program which has worked well in the past. For at least a couple of years. I have not knowingly tinkered or screwed with the program in any way, but suddenly now I cannot control the font size with the usual Format/Font command. All fonts are too large. The smallest font, 8 pt, looks more like 16 pt. Sixteen point looks correspondingly much larger.

The program is registered to me, but I can't find the blasted disk to reinstall it.

Does anybody have any helpful thoughts? I thank you for them.

Relevancy 71.81%

Word 2000 default font is Times New Roman 12.
How can it be changed to, say, Georgian, Courier New, or other fonts & the size you want for it?

Relevancy 71.81%

Greetings All A while ago I downloaded Wordfast Translation Memory tool I tried it a little and decided to remove it from my programs which I did Then I went to Word gt Tools gt Template amp Addins and unmarked Wordfast there as I wanted to delete it from my Toolbar also In the meanwhile I learned that no matter how many times I unmark it on Template amp Addins the wordfast icon reappears on my Toolbar every time I open word My investigation showed that it s path is this C Micorsoft Word STARTUP wordfast dot My question is How can I find this path and remove it once and for all By the Way initially I thought the problem lies in Windows so I posted this message on Windows forum the expert there looked at my Log and made some suggetstions His final verdict is that quot this is Word not log issue quot Thanks in advance for your advice Sima nbsp

Relevancy 71.81%

File,Edit,View,Insert,Format,Tools,Window,Help have disappeared
from my Word 2000 toolbar. I couldn't get them on the customize
option. Would appreciate any suggestion how to display these
on my toolbar....what made them disappear? Thanks !
Carolyn

Relevancy 71.38%

I am used to Windows 98 and XP where you remove tray icons by going to "run" and typing in "msconfig" and click on the "startup" tab and unclicking the programs you don't want running at startup.

This doesn't work with Windows 2000 or NT. Does anyone know how I accomplish this on Windows 2000?

A:Window 2000 Toolbar Tray Icon Removal

There are a few tools on the internet that will let you do this. However, I can't remember the names of them... getting old I guess.

However, I found these interesting links....

http://www.techadvice.com/win2000/m/msconfig_w2k.htm

http://channels.lockergnome.com/news/archives/20040817_run_msconfig_utility_on_windows_2000.phtml

I have never tried it, but it might be worth a try.

Have good one...

Shane

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/window-2000-toolbar-tray-icon-removal.271063/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi all, just 2 weeks back i've come across a new problem in Word2000. I've a friend try to change the font sizes in Word 2000 when using Arabic Fonts. But she is unable to do that. But if she were to try changing the Arabic Fonts size in Excel 2000, she will be able to do that. I've tried logging on as another user id (Windows 2000) but the problem persist.

Have also tried to repair office, un-install/re-install office, re-create a new profile for her, but nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-arabic-font-size-in-word-2000-pro.194227/
Relevancy 70.95%

I created a icon in the tool bar in Word 97 and now cannot seem to be able to delete the icon. I have deleted the macro, but the icon is still showing on the tool bar. Anyone know where to delete this?

Relevancy 70.95%

Problem is weird
I downloaded a word.doc file emailed to me as an attachment.
It opened in windows OK but as a sort of full screen, ie without the main top toolbar.
So I read it and shut down.
Now everytime I open any word doc from anywhere, it opens with this screen so the ONLY way I can run the software is through key stroke instructions.
I use Norton antivirus and am up - to date. I downloaded Leprechaun antivirus and tried that NOTHING
I uninstalled, re-booted and ran regclean then re installed NOTHING
I Installed SP1 and SP 2 patches NOTHING
I ran Norton Utilities NOTHING
Am feeling like NOTHING

Any ideas would be gratefully received

Howard Dewhirst

Relevancy 70.95%

The "File" menu command on my Word 2000 stopped working. Although I can access all of the other toolbar commands, including their associated drop-downs, I get nothing on the File command. Right-clicking on the command also does not access the menu.
I removed the program and then reinstalled it. I still have the problem.
I then utilized the "repair" feature on the installation CD. That didn't take care of the problem either.
Hopefully, somebody more clever than I (probably most of you!) can come up with a solution.

Relevancy 70.95%

Somehow I have lost the toolbar in Word and cannot get it back. I even reinstalled Office 2000, but that didn't help. Any thoughts ???????

A:Missing Toolbar in Word 2000

delete all occurences of normal.dot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-toolbar-in-word-2000.353467/
Relevancy 70.09%

I use windows 98 and in my Word 2000 program the navigation toolbar across the top of the screen has an entire row of the same button, EZP, which I think is for EZ Photo, or something like that, I have never used it. I have tried to reinstall Office 2000 Professional but then I get an error message saying that "Windows Installer is missing" and therefore I cannot reinstall the program. Any Ideas?

A:Word 2000 Duplicate Toolbar Buttons

Find the file called normal.dot on your hard drive and delete or rename it.

This must be done with Word closed. When you open it again, it should be gone, but let us know if it is not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2000-duplicate-toolbar-buttons.54626/
Relevancy 70.09%

I first posted this in http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/624289-cannot-view-some-colors.html#post5115698, but this seems to be an Office 2000 issue.
I cannot view the text in some images in Word 2000. For example, here's a screen of document in Windows 2000 running Word 2000:
If you look closely, the text shows up as white.
and here's the same document in Windows 2003 running Word 2000:
The strange thing is that when I double clicked on the image, Word converted the image to an editable image where I could edit the text. When I closed the picture window, I could see the text in the image even though some of the lines in the diagram were incomplete. For example:
Any ideas?

A:Solved: Cannot view text color in images in Word 2000

Found the solution:
http://forums.techguy.org/web-email/594240-solved-unable-access-background-colors.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-view-text-color-in-images-in-word-2000.624379/
Relevancy 69.23%

I installed an old Adobe e Phot deluxe Program and lost Word. I then uninstalled Photo deluxe and got Word back but without the toolbar. I reinstalled Office 2000, but still no Toolbar. ?????

A:Solved: Missing toolbar in Word, Office 2000

Hi.

The text is a bit cramped up cos I copied & pasted off a word doc.
If you have lost your toolbars in Word, take only step 3. If that does not work, then take step 5, which always works.
Step 1. Ensure that Word, and not the document, is the problem. If you experience the behavior in any file, and particularly in a new file, then you know that the problem lies with Word. If you cannot duplicate the behavior in another file, it is likely a corrupt document. The steps to troubleshoot corrupt documents can be found in the next section.
Step 2. Clean up your hard drive. Keeping your hard drive clean is of the utmost importance, particularly when attempting to troubleshoot other problems. Click to go to Cleanup Instructions.
Step 3. Rename normal.dot: With Word closed, find and rename the normal.dot file on your system. If there is more than one, rename them all. To search for normal.dot, double-click My Computer. Hit the Search button. Type in "normal.dot" without the quotes, and hit search. See bulleted notes below for more information. To rename the file(s), right-click and hit Rename. Then rename the file(s) to abnormal.dot, normal1.dot, or anything you like--as long as it is not normal.dot.
If you cannot find normal.dot: Check under User Templates in the Tools-Options menu of Word, on the File Locations tab. If you do not have "permission" to rename normal.dot, check with your network administrator or internal helpdesk (applies only on some PCs at work, not home users). If you have Windows XP, you may need to turn on viewing of system files in order to find your normal.dot. To do so, open Windows Explorer, and go to Tools-Folder Options. Choose the View tab, and choose to Show Hidden Files and Folders After you have renamed normal.dot, launch Word. If the problem is not resolved, move to step 4. Normal.dot is the default or global template that Word uses to create a blank document. Normal.dot is always in use when Word is open, even if you are using another template. It is very common for normal.dot files to become corrupt. They also store macro viruses. When you launch Word, it looks for normal.dot and opens it. For more information on normal.dot and Word 2000, see the MS Technet Article at http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q214/2/15.ASP.
If Word cannot locate a normal.dot file, it creates a brand new one. When you first install Word, normal.dot is not installed with it. Uninstalling does not delete normal.dot. These facts explain why reinstalling Office or Word does not fix a problem with a corrupt or virus-infected normal.dot file. Your newly installed program finds normal.dot right where it was before. You may have settings in your normal.dot that you would like to keep. That is why, instead of deleting normal.dot, it is recommended that you rename it to abnormal.dot or normal1.dot. Then, you can use the Organizer to copy such things as macros and toolbars from the old template to the new one.
Step 4. Check the Startup folder. With Word closed, use Windows Explorer to find the Word Startup folder, usually C:\program files\Microsoft\Office\Word\Startup. Make sure there are no files in there that you did not intentionally put in there yourself. Word has the STARTUP folder and Excel has the XLSTART folder. Files in either of these folders are automatically opened when you launch the respective program.
Step 5. "Dump" the registry key. Ensure that Word is closed. You'll be opening the Windows Registry Editor. You may have read that this is dangerous, and that can be true. Normally, we would backup your registry to be safe, but we're going to rename only your Word key. The new Word key that gets created in the registry can be deleted, and the old one renamed back to its original name if necessary, but this is highly unlikely. If you follow the instructions exactly, you will not have a problem. Start-->Run and type: regedit Hit your Enter key. As you might brow... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-missing-toolbar-in-word-office-2000.537123/
Relevancy 67.08%

I hope this makes sense!

I help a blind lady with her computer and she uses a system called Jaws with a braille reader. We've just realised that on the screen in the toolbar it claims that the font in use is Arial but when she goes into Tools and Fonts it claims that the font in use is Helvetica! Now she can't see what on the toolbar but she wants Arial not Helvetica. In fonts, if you change to Arial and click Default etc it still reverts back to Helvetica.

I've deleted Normal.dot with no benefit.

Any ideas??

A:Solved: Word 2003 different fonts being shown on toolbar and "font"

Yup. What it is doing is not wrong, just not what you are expecting.

What is happening is that you are requesting a font that is not in the current font set, and Windows is substituting the closest match it can find.
The font set in Jaws or the braille converter is probably gathered from Linux or a none Windows source, and Arial is not in that font set.
Arial is almost exclusive to Microsoft and was developed in 1982 from Helvetica, which is far older and more universal. Quite why MS did this is anyone's guess! Tahoma (MS-Sans or Verdana) is another one that is used in Outlook particularly.
There are quite likely other font faces that are similarly substituted.
You might like to see if Jaws has an updated font set specifically for Windows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-word-2003-different-fonts-being-shown-on-toolbar-and-font.1114165/
Relevancy 67.08%

In one of the Bar's at bottom of screen there's an Icon with a book and a pen that periodically moves, in all my other word 2K .doc files this pen hardly moves, but in one Word .doc only, this pen moves constantly and the cursor vanishes -- the dark vertical bar -- which is rather annoying. I let it run and at end of about a half hour the pen was still going. Just began doing this constant running today.

Any ideas on why it only does this in one .doc and no others? Any help appreciated. Looked in a couple books, but found nothing which looked as if it related to fixing this problem.

A:Word 2000 Pen & Book Icon Problem

Hover over the icon for a couple of seconds and you should get a ToolTip telling you it's for "Spelling & Grammar status".

Is it a particularly large doc? Graham Mayor (MVP) states the following:

Automatic repagination will dramatically slow the editing of long documents. You can speed things up by using normal view (with repagination switched off from tools > options) and only switch back to print layout view when the document is nearly complete.

HTH,
bomb

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2000-pen-book-icon-problem.513333/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hey all,

I have a question regarding the font/background colors on the Windows 7 log screen. I just accepted a position with a school and a few computers have customized log screen font colors/backgrounds. The Windows 7 classic background is there, but the username and password boxes have been changed. For example, one computer has green text that sits on a black background for both username and password. Another has a different combination of colors. I've searched related topics but am having trouble finding a good, clear cut solution. I basically just want to reset the log screen back to the default white background with black text for each box.

Anyone advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

A:Windows 7 Log Screen Font Color/Background Color

Hello, try this below

Logon Screen - Change Text Color in Windows

Also, make sure you don't have your settings set to high contrast black/green theme
Theme - Change or Save

To change logon background
Log On Screen - Change

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/355674-windows-7-log-screen-font-color-background-color.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Greetings,

Would someone please tell me how to permanently set the font, size of font and font color in MS 2010 Outlook so that I don't have to set it everytime I type an email.

Thanks.

A:How to set font, font size and text color

Quote: Originally Posted by C32C3

Greetings,

Would someone please tell me how to permanently set the font, size of font and font color in MS 2010 Outlook so that I don't have to set it everytime I type an email.

Thanks.

I don't use Outlook anymore, so I can't give you step by step instructions..

Have a look at this tutorial :
Change Default Email Font Settings & Theme In Outlook 2010

***Adding : The website opens slowly, please give it a few extra seconds.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/176606-how-set-font-font-size-text-color.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Microsoft Word 2003 SP3
Windows XP SP2

Having issues with Microsoft Word.

When adding the Drawing toolbar, both the Line Color option and the Fill Color option have no colors to choose from.

You can click on the icon to choose what color, but everything is grayed out and inactive.

Any ideas?

Already ran a detect and repair. Renamed Normal.dot to create a fresh one. Uninstalled and Reinstalled Word. No success

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2003-line-color-fill-color-issue.776048/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello.

I was trying to configure Word 2000 to send email, but I can't seem to find the means to configure the bloody thing. I have tried help files, but wasn't much help.

Anybody plz?

Thanks.

A:Microsoft Word 2000 aka MS Word 2000 - Sending Email - Need Help Configuring

Word itself does not send (or receive) e-mail messages. You may configure Word to be your e-mail editor, but it still requires an e-mail program (such as MS Outlook) to send messages.

You can send e-mails from within Word by using File, Send To, Mail Recipient (or Mail Recipient as Attachment), but this still uses Outlook to do the sending and receiving.

Gram

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-word-2000-aka-ms-word-2000-sending-email-need-help-configuring.91776/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have windowblinds on xp. I want to change the color of my fonts on my desktop. They are white. I've tried to change it on the appearance tab but to no avail. With or without windowblinds, I can't change it. I want to change the fonts to black or some other color. Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/font-color.471939/
Relevancy 57.62%

i saved few files in my documents.Initially the file name's font colors are in black in color.After few days those colors are changed to blue.Why like that?How can i change back to black color?please help me
tq

A:font color

Looks like the file is compressed.

Try uncompressing it by doing the following:
Right click the file in question
Click Properties
At the bottom, where it say "Attributes", click "advanced"
Uncheck the box that says "Compress contents to save disk space"

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/233744/font-color/
Relevancy 56.76%

The fonts under my desktop icons are hard to read. How can I change he color to black and also to a diferent font?

A:Desktop font color

blockie,
right click on taskbar and follow the customize areas.
Attachment 132812

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/138667-desktop-font-color.html
Relevancy 56.76%

i have a pc running windows xp professional and running ie 6.0.2900.2180. when i go to a website, just the text appears with no color. everything is in the right place, but there is no color around anything. i would appreciate any help!

A:Ie Font And Color Problem

Hi dpawlaczyk
No colors or no images?
If it's a color only issue open IE.
Click Tools>Internet Options. On the "General" Tab, click the "Colors" button.
Make sure there is a check in "Use Windows Colors".
On the same tab, click the "Accessbilities" button.
Make sure there are no checks in any of the options there. Ok out.
If it's images you can't see, different story.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/83930/ie-font-and-color-problem/
Relevancy 56.76%

Can someone tell me why my menu font is blue? It is supposed to be white. If I change it to pink or purple it looks fine but as soon as I change it to white or gray it just goes blue.

Nevermind. Figured it out. Duh, it's monday what can I say.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/font-color-problem.148763/
Relevancy 56.76%

I recently upgraded to Windows 10. I kept the same desktop, but the text under the icons which used to be white turned black, which makes it hard to read on the dark background. If I point the mouse at the icon, then a white square appears behind icon and text. But I'd like the text ALWAYS to be white, in which case I don't need those white squares.

Also. as I am typing this, I find the font hard to read; I'd like to change it to Arial or similar font, and a bit bigger.

Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/text-color-font.1164876/
Relevancy 56.76%

i don't know what happened but whenever i try to rename or make a folder in my c: the font color of name is blue. but in all other drives or user folder there is no problem.how can i change it?

A:cannot change font color

hello ajan & welcome....
See if Brink's tutorial helps you out... good luck...

Fonts - Change Default

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/270001-cannot-change-font-color.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I've had this problem for awhile now, and no one seems to know how to help. When I click on the "A" in the toolbar in my email to change the font color, the drop down color palette doesn't open.

I've emailed MSN about it, and they've told me on different occasions to uninstall and reinstall MSN8, turn up the contrast, hit CTRL+SHIFT+F9 on the welcome screen to delete all my mail and the address book, and to delete my account and add it again.

I've tried everything except for deleting my account because that scares me. I thought I'd post my problem to see if anyone has had this happen and might know how to fix it.

BTW, everything else in the toolbar works. Thanks.

Relevancy 56.76%

The font color in e-mail replies or new mail is red. Even though I can change it in Format>Fonts the color always reverts to red. How do I change what seems to be a default color.

Thanks

A:stuck font color

It's a little hard to even offer a guess when you have not told us what email program you are using - there are dozens out there, after all.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/39307-stuck-font-color.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a black taskbar with dark gray fonts....so basically can't see anything at all... not real familiar with changing settings, how do I change this? Thanks.

A:Taskbar font color

Same problem here. Can't read anything from the taskbar!

I didn't have time to try AeroGlass yet... it xcould solve this problem. But why isn't it possible on W10???

Originally Posted by dalchina

The whitetext in the title bar is achieved by using a tweak tool from AeroGlass's site, and I use Aeroglass (set a bit too opaque to be clear in that).

link

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/22291-taskbar-font-color.html
Relevancy 56.76%

yeah,my ie display the word in a blue color.It should be black color default,i can't change it back.
I found that a file named 3a129.com in c:/windows/fonts/directory ,but i can't delete it using my antivirus software.
Any brother got good ideas?

A:help! FONT COLOR problem

Read: FYI... post just above your post!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-font-color-problem.37937/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello everyone new here.

I want to ask a question, do anyone know how to change the font color in the toolsbar

for example i download this theme today and i wish to change the red font for a black one but i dont know how or is if possible to change it

if anyone can helpme i would appreciate very much, or if there is a theme like that one but with other font color

Thanks, and sorry for my english

A:Change font color

It is not quiet clear from the pic, coz it's just a thumbnail
But as far as I know, it is Ave's Windows7 Style Builder that changes the theme elements like color, font, texture, sounds, etc

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/81244-change-font-color.html
Relevancy 56.76%

hello
iam using MS office 2003 , i have copied a file of MS Office 2000 (MS Word 2000) from Network.. and when iam editing in that file wrong word is not underlying by red line, but when i am opening new and bland page of MS word 2003 , and writing some thing wrong it makes it underlying by red...i can't understand y it is happening ... i have tried lot of ways such as copied the text and paste it in new blank word page and also checked tools and options , but problem is yet there.....Any solution in your views...kindly share with me...Any body help in this regard will be appreciated...
Thanks

A:MS word 2003 problem...Wrong Word didn't underline by Red Color

Hi masoodsoomro,

You didn't give any examples of which words are giving you problems.

I'm guessing that you are referring to the red squiggly underline for mis-spelt words, in which case it could be the language setting of the documents you have pulled off of your network being different to your default language.

Check what you have in Tools / Language / Set language.

HTH
Hew

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-word-2003-problem-wrong-word-didnt-underline-by-red-color.495414/
Relevancy 56.76%

In Default Programs>Set your default programs, the only program associated with Microsoft Word is something called Word (desktop), and the icon is a Word 2010 icon.

I searched online for help and have tried everything I found, including the registry change, but when I tried to name the new key it said it already existed. This is the link to that advice: How to make Microsoft Word 2013 the default program even if Microsoft Word 2010 is also installed | Fury Computing

I would like to keep both programs available, but I want Word 2013 as default for opening all Word documents.
I am using an HP Pavilion win 8.1 desktop computer, which I purchased with win 8 pre-installed.

A:Word (desktop) icon is a Word 2010 icon

Go to iconarchive search for your office (Exp" Office 2003) and download it. Right click on icon, change icon, locate your icon, and apply

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/51938-word-desktop-icon-word-2010-icon.html
Relevancy 56.33%

How do you change the font color? I can barely see the text with a black window.

A:How do you change the font color in Win8?

Which window is black ?

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/25071-how-do-you-change-font-color-win8.html
Relevancy 56.33%

hello

i was looking for a way changing the task bar font color
because i would like it to be dark on light background

i search the forum and find only a solution for the classic view.

so any new ideas
i dont mind messing with my registry

thanks

A:how to change task bar font color

You need to replace system files and find a theme to your liking on a website such as http://www.Deviantart.com where users upload their creations and themes.

The themes usually tell you the special method to install and replace system files. Head on over there and have a look.

If you want to jump straight in and get your feet wet, check out Sico theme and Soft7 theme. They are popular. They may not be what you want, but you'll be on the right track. You'll then know how to do what you want to do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/32479-how-change-task-bar-font-color.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I think I can in a stylesheet I change in font javascript? the and Can color I a m still trying to learn Can I change the font and color in a javascript? that I came across this to put the date on a page lt script language quot JavaScript quot gt lt -- var now new Date var days new Array Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday var months new Array January February March April May June July August September October November December var date now getDate lt quot quot quot quot now getDate function fourdigits number return number lt number number today days now getDay quot quot months now getMonth quot quot date quot quot fourdigits now getYear document write today -- gt lt script gt It seems very simple and basic which would be good to learn from The first thing I tried was to get it in the middle of the page It just stays on the left side Also can I change the font and or color of it Not a big deal just trying to learn about it Thanks Carrie nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-change-the-font-and-color-in-a-javascript.319411/
Relevancy 56.33%

How can I change the font color on menus ?

There is only a men? for resize.

A:Font color change menus how ?

You will need to wait for something like ObjectDock or WindowBlinds for Win8

While I do not recommend a novice (not saying that you are as I have no idea, this is just in general) try using the following, it is up to you.

This will allow you to use custom Visual Styles as they are created. There are not many at the moment and some could (or will most likely) break Windows 8 at this time. They are being developed, but it will be a while before we see more Styles for Win8.

See this Windows 8 Desktop UI - Change Title Text Color? thread for some answers, as well as the many other threads found here Customization - Windows 8 Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/9234-font-color-change-menus-how.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I didn't have a clue where to put this, so please bear with me.
When using Firefox and maybe even in IE, I've observed that
many fonts are a light grey color making it very hard to read.

I have gone into the tools of Firefox and unchecked the
"allow pages to choose their own colors" and that does
give black fonts, but at the cost of losing other colors
on a web page.

How can I get rid of these light grey colored fonts and use
black fonts when on the internet while still maintaining colors ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

n2gc

A:How to change font color and size in FF using W7 ?

Hello n2gc,

For FireFox, you might want to read this tutorial from their official forum.
For Internet Explorer, I think that the second tab on this tutorial will do the trick
Good luck and keep us posted,
Nommy

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/298616-how-change-font-color-size-ff-using-w7.html
Relevancy 56.33%

if this is in the wrong place, please tell me where you put it.
I recently put a fresh copy of Windows 7 pro 64-bit on my puter.
In doing so windows update was not in manual mode. So all the
Nvidia updates were installed. I find navidia very complicated and
confusing.
What I want to seen (for Example) in the "Control Panel" is an off white
background with black text.
Can Nvidia be completely removed? Or can I remove the last couple of
updates?
How can I accomplish this.
Thank you

A:display color and font management

I would ask the Mod to move this to the Customization forum. Their specialty is this type of thing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/313973-display-color-font-management.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Is there an easy way (not a macro) to show any date that appears on a worksheet that is <Today to appear with Red font color?

A:Solved: Change in font color?

Just set one cell, anywhere, such as A1, as your set date, or even to =TODAY(), to make it automatically adjust.

On the cell you want to change per the date, use "Conditional Formating" on that cell to reflect your choice of font color.
(Command: Format>Conditional Formatting)

Then on that cell that you want to change color. just set the condition to be
"Cell Value Is" "less than" =A1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-change-in-font-color.491759/
Relevancy 56.33%

Is it possible to easily change the taskbar's font color (buttons + clock)? I can't believe I can have a solid white background with white fonts on it.

A:Change taskbar's font color?

Rt Clk Desktop
Personalize
Windows Color
Advanced Appearance Settings
Icons (I think)

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/24620-change-taskbars-font-color.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi Guys,

I have a weird problem. I have a user who when she types an email(new or responding) using Outlook 2007, when she hits enter to start typing in the body of the email, the font changes color. The hearder is fine, it's just the body for some reason.

I have checked all the settings and the fonts and color are set the same for new, replying and composing emails.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/font-changes-different-color-in-outlook-2007.925135/
Relevancy 56.33%

my pc getting ****ed after i install third party themes,
word color problem
1----

this is other drive it's fine

but
2----

this is bad

i have spend much time in personalize option and window colors but there is nothing in blue font
please help.

A:font color problem in windows 7

Post a link to the theme and I will look at it.

Have you by chance compressed the folders or files in their that will change the text to blue, look at this tutorial Compress a Folder or File - Vista Forums
Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/230162-font-color-problem-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I want to make "EN" white color.

anybody knows a path in windows style builder for that?

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/382448-change-font-color-language-bar.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello Everyone

I don't think it's too far into Januay to wish you all a Happy New Year. I feel really dumb asking this, but there you are: senility has to set in sometime! I cut and paste a lot, and print out online Xwords which don't give you a chance or a choice to change the font or its000 color.

Suddenly, my pastings are printing in a reddish-brown hue. I haven't messed with anything that I'm aware of, I'm ashamed to say that I can't figure out where or how to change the default back to black. I've been over every inch of settings (R/C on empty spot on desktop) but just can't see it. Or is it hidden away elsewhere? I want my black back LOL Any help would be appreciated. I'm running xp home

Many thanks.

Larry (moreproblems).

A:Solved: Default font color

moreproblems said:

Hello Everyone

I don't think it's too far into Januay to wish you all a Happy New Year. I feel really dumb asking this, but there you are: senility has to set in sometime! I cut and paste a lot, and print out online Xwords which don't give you a chance or a choice to change the font or its000 color.

Suddenly, my pastings are printing in a reddish-brown hue. I haven't messed with anything that I'm aware of, I'm ashamed to say that I can't figure out where or how to change the default back to black. I've been over every inch of settings (R/C on empty spot on desktop) but just can't see it. Or is it hidden away elsewhere? I want my black back LOL Any help would be appreciated. I'm running xp home

Many thanks.

Larry (moreproblems).Click to expand...
If reddish brown is a clue to anything, it's the colour attributed to Visited Sites in Internet Options. Have a look on the General tab and click the Colour button - see if there's anything helpful in there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-default-font-color.894832/
Relevancy 56.33%

For some reason, each time I boot up my computer it automatically changes my Icons font color to black instead of white. I have to manually change back to white each time. So can someone tell me why it is doing this and what I need to do to fix it?

Acer Aspire XC603G Desktop & Acer Aspire 5749 Laptop.

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/38564-how-do-i-change-font-color-my-icons.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I'm an Access Newbie.

I have a report for a project status. What I need is an expression to change the font color of an entire row based on a date difference. If the Install Date is less than 12 weeks from today then I need each item in that row to turn orange.

Something like this?

if DateDiff (w,[Install Start Date_Label],Date (),2) then

I'm not sure where to go from here. Once I have the date difference expression right how do I change the font color and where do I place the complete expression?

Any help is appreciated.

Relevancy 56.33%

White background on everything is atrocious. It is hard on the eyes.

What happened to the color options?

Changing window border color is merely complementary. The main issue is the horrendous state the other 90% of the screen is stuck in.

I demand an explanation for this.

I demand an alternative means of changing this ridiculous UI to something usable.

Windows 10 better be an improved version of 7, because if it wasn't a requirement for developing for windows phone there would be zero reason to install this garbage.

Thanks for helping!

A:Change Window BG and Font Color

Hello Churf, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Other than using some 3rd party skinning program for Windows, you could use a high contrast theme to be able to change the color of the window background and fonts.

Themes - Switch Between in Windows 8

Step 7 here: Window Color and Appearance - Change in Windows 8

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/59926-change-window-bg-font-color.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi and thanks for looking. I have a macro that is looking in each (J) row for a value. If there’s a value it will copy that row and put it in a different workbook. Is there a way to skip a row if the font color is red?
Thanks again
Brian3

Relevancy 56.33%

how do change the desktop font(under the icons) color and size in detail

A:desktop font color for winXP

Hi joebob1963, Welcome to TSG !!
Right click the desktop, select properties. Click on appearence tab. In middle open drop down box and scroll to icons.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-font-color-for-winxp.103414/
Relevancy 55.47%

I figure there must be a way, but damned if I can find it. Right now, they're white. I'd like them to be black, painted black.....

Talking desktop mode, of course.

Thanks.

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/10065-changing-font-color-taskbar-tabs.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello,

Does someone know of a way to change the color of fonts in the taskbar/titlebar? I'd like to use darker colors for the taskbar and titlebar, but with the black font, it is not so readable. I've poked around a bit, but can't find any info for Windows 8, only Windows 7.

TIA...

A:Change font color in taskbar/titlebar?

You can try editing the Registry. Look in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors

Changes made won't take effect until you log out and log back in again (possibly may require a reboot even)

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/9828-change-font-color-taskbar-titlebar.html
Relevancy 55.47%

How can I change tooltip text without using something like WSB (Windows Style Builder)? I have looked at Shellstyle.dll but cannot pick out the right setting.

A:How to change tooltip text font and color

Hello Rdwray,

You can change the font and more for the ToolTip item in Advanced Appearance Settings.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/158437-how-change-tooltip-text-font-color.html
Relevancy 55.47%

As it says, when using the aerolite theme for colored titlebars, it uses black colored fonts which are hard to read, my question is, how can I change these font colors? and also why the hell isin't this an option in the base windows 10 customization section?!?

A:So I used the Aerolite theme on here but, how to change font color?

I'm also looking for a way to change the taskbar's text colour.

I am using the the tutorial to colour my window titlebars that uses the Aerolite.msstyles but it turns my taskbar text black. This combined with having windows 10 colours change dependant on my background means that readability becomes non-existant on the taskbar.

Is there a setting I can place into a *.theme file that will change the text colour?

Cheers

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/10842-so-i-used-aerolite-theme-here-but-how-change-font-color.html
Relevancy 55.47%

i am new to this forum tbh its my first post ever on any forum but i have been a great supporter of you all stylers like Mr Grim panda X and am u guys give so much to us so FIRST of all i wanna thank you all whole heartedly for all ur work and dedication u all put Now Coming back to the topic i have self customized and used win win themes without any issues i love making dark themes though i havent published any because they arent as awesome as yours P But Anyways i have come back to win themes and i am stuck with ONE BIG yet small PROBLEM whose solution i have searched across the internet and was unsucessful to find The drop down menu text of Address bar in Win of my theme is BLACK What i saw in the comments and replies of people that it cant be changed but i have used few visual styles and they have white texts over black background so how do they do that please HELP ME WITH THIS GUYS i have searched almost everywhere and for almost - months it would be a great help to me my friend SECONDLY same goes with the search box dropdown where Search FONT Bar and Address Please] TEXT [Help COLOR the texts disabled text i e our previos searched keywords inthe dropdown menu are also black on black background KINDLY SUGGEST AND HELP ME A WAY OUT GOD BLESS YOU AND THANKS [Help Please] TEXT FONT COLOR Address Bar and Search IN ADVANCE

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/379785-help-please-text-font-color-address-bar-search.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I'm trying to change the font color in the right column of the start menu but can't find it in Windows Style Builder. Can someone point it out for me?

EDIT: I found it:
Programs list:
Windows 7 > Start Menu > Basic > ProgramsList > TextColor
Windows 7 > Start Menu > Basic > ProgramsList > HotTrackingColor

Windows 7 > Start Menu > Basic > ProgramsListExtended
Places List, jumplist:
Windows 7 > Start Menu > Basic > PlacesList > TextColor
Windows 7 > Start Menu > Basic > PlacesList > HotTrackingColor

Windows 7 > Start Menu > Basic > PlacesListExtended

A:Change Start Menu Font Color

i tried this. and nothing happened. I use Aero does that make a difference. I also what to change the color of the text in side the programs list

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/80726-change-start-menu-font-color.html
Relevancy 55.47%

For some odd reason only in Firefox my font color changed in the search results. Instead of the blue (and purple) color it changed to a dark green color. Does anyone know how I can reverse this?

I tried to fix it through settings, but don't know what to do.

I've been searching around, but couldn't find anyone with the same problem.

If I right click and click on inspect, this appears: *|*:linkrgb(0, 0, 238) about: PreferenceStyleSheet:3;

*|*:linkrgb(0, 0, 238) is crossed, and there is a blue circle right next to it.

What can I do?

PS: results in Chrome appear correctly.

A:Google changed font color in Firefox

a guide is available in this custom colour configuration. see link for more.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...tom-font-color

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/google-changed-font-color-in-firefox-1117850.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Currently my taskbar's font is uniform with the rest of my theme, however, I'd like to change it to a dark grey so that it doesn't stand out as much.

example
what i currently have

Any idea on how to do so? Also there is a way of renaming the tabs on the taskbar that'd be sweet as well.

I'd also like to make the icon transparent which appears to be harder than just changing the application icon to a transparent one because the icon still shows up for apps like winterfox.

Thanks.
~IE

A:Changing taskbar font color / icons?

IC see my pic you can change the taskbar colour to just about everything and untick transparency. The icons I am not sure about

PS I meant to add could not see your pics so use this for sending pics
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

and / or this
How to Use the Snipping Tool in Vista

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/360843-changing-taskbar-font-color-icons.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I am having real trouble with trying to get it so I am not straining, or squinting my eyes on my new w7. It is not a new screen. I have concluded that I have very sensitive eyes to resolution as my old computer was set on a low resolution and I had no problem with vision.
Now it is at 1280x1024 and I have played with the font sizes etc and tried lowering the brightness etc, and I still am having eye troubles. I can't use a laptop or watch 3D movies for very long as I get that same eye problem.
Also, no matter what I do, the welcome page with the user acct icons are so small! I am sure missing the look of xp now. I never had to do anything for it.
Oh and it is a Dell 17" lcd couple of years old if that makes any difference.

Thanks

Relevancy 55.47%

Does anybody know which file I edit, and what part I edit, to change the font colors in Windows Media Player 12? I know how to edit the images, but not the fonts. Those were pre-changed with my system.

A:Change font color Media Player 12

You have change the whole system's font color for that, I guess; not 100% sure

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/115083-change-font-color-media-player-12-a.html
Relevancy 55.47%

hack into my own computer

Dear compatriots,

I tried the trick of changing the desktop to black and then orange, but that didn't work. The font is still white. Now, you may be asking yourselves why should I spend so much time on an issue so trivial?

Well, the answer is, I get caught up in details. I have been searching all through the regedit, and can't find where the color for the font is edited. I found a color section, but it doesn't have icon font listed. Does anyone know where I could go to edit the code to change the font? I am a novice code person, and am relatively technologically inept, but I can change some code around if its fairly simple.

Please help me on my quest to change the font.

Thank you for your time,

- Transcranial

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/54438-please-help-me-change-font-color-desktop-icons-also-h.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I am using Windows XP SP Pro This might be an Of Change File Color Names Font easy thing to do but I sure cannot figure it out I have a folder containing a large number of files I would like to change the font color of a few of the file names so that they would stand out from the rest and be easier to locate when the folder is opened with no matter what client software Outlook Winword Explorer Excel etc etc Is this possible Is there a free utility for accomplishing this task Note I am well aware that I could work around this issue by for example naming files using a different method Change Font Color Of File Names putting them in different folders compressing them so that they are blue in color or that I could color folders instead of file names But that is not what I would like to accomplish -- I really would like to be able to apply a different color to file names Thanks nbsp

A:Change Font Color Of File Names

Not possible using the settings in Windows, and I have not seen any third party program that will do this for you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-font-color-of-file-names.919443/
Relevancy 55.47%

I've followed the instructions on changing the logon wallpaper w/out issue (thanks!) but the problem i have is our logo that we use for the logon wallpaper...never was a problem with XP but now with W7 the font color is white...which is nice with the default blue background but not when the majority of the company logo is white. i've already adjusted the shadow to dark, yet it still is not easily readable (we have to remember i'm dealing with users that have a hard time with logging in as it is on XP not to mention older users with bad eyesight).

i've done a search and have come up with nothing for changing the font color...if i've searched incorrectly, i'm sorry, but if you could point me in the right direction i'd appreciate it!

A:Change font color on Logon Screen

All the fonts and colors are hardcoded into the UIFiles. If this was for personal reasons, then I would tell you to simply edit it using various methods, but since this is a work enviroment, if MS updates the authui.dll file via windows update, then your back to the same white font colors on all those machines. Now if its a small amount of pc's, then you might be able to get away with it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/128184-change-font-color-logon-screen.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I am using Windows XP SP Pro This might be an easy File Names Color Font Change Of thing to do but I sure cannot figure it out I have a folder containing a large number of files I would like to change the font color of a few of the file names so that they would stand out from the rest and be easier to locate when the folder is opened with no matter what Change Font Color Of File Names client software Outlook Winword Explorer Excel etc etc Is this possible Is there a free utility for accomplishing this task Note I am well aware that I could work around this issue by for example naming files using a different method putting them in different folders compressing them so that they are blue in color or that I could color folders instead of file names But that is not what I would like to accomplish -- I really would like to be able to apply a different color to file names Thanks

A:Change Font Color Of File Names

No not from what I can see. It would be nice to be able to do this but I can't find any way to do it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/312855/change-font-color-of-file-names/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello guys, sorry for bothering, but i am really annoyed i cannot change my desktop symbols font color, any ideas ?

A:Cant change color of desktop symbol font

Hi Borgfish,

If you mean the desktop icon text color, then this free little program called D-Color XP may help you. D-Color allows you to change the appearance of the desktop icon text foreground and background colors. It works fine in Vista.

Dindo Liboon's Website

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/158886-cant-change-color-desktop-symbol-font.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Installed a game When I opened it an error message popped up Requires color I went to shortcut icon and right clicked properties and changed to color and the second choice which was resolution x I believe The screen went black and white and looked like chrome I was on the internet so I Color to Changing Wingdings Solved: 256 Looks - Font After Like quit and restarted computer Now all the fonts on the desktop the start button the clock Solved: After Changing to 256 Color - Font Looks Like Wingdings the closed window labels the program bubbles plus the X s for the close toolbar on internet and the fonts in the bottom right of Internet Explorer look like Solved: After Changing to 256 Color - Font Looks Like Wingdings wingdings There are a couple of exceptions the open Window Labels on things like Control Panel IE Yahoo Messenger are fine Did uncheck the color option and shut my computer down when I started it looked good until Window XP Start Up screen came up The fonts were messed up Do not have a clue as to what to do I can t see labels on any thing My pictures are ok but I do not know what Icon matches what panel Please advise Jen nbsp

A:Solved: After Changing to 256 Color - Font Looks Like Wingdings

Try a Windows system restore. Go Start > Run and type in %systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-after-changing-to-256-color-font-looks-like-wingdings.816549/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello,

is it possible to change the font-color of the username in the login-screen?
Maybe changing the font and fontsize too?

Thanks.

A:Changing font color of the login-screen

Originally Posted by TheGerMan

Hello,

is it possible to change the font-color of the username in the login-screen?
Maybe changing the font and fontsize too?

Thanks.

Hi GerMan,

Font color: High Contrast Theme,
Font size: raise the DPI in Display Settings,
Font look: not that I'm aware of!

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/42418-changing-font-color-login-screen.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I like bold fonts on my menus, windows and icons so i change the font easily using Personalize/Windows Color/Advanced appearance setting.

I have several custom toolbars that I create that have web sites (shortcuts) that I frequent for various reasons. I have not been able to have these fonts show up as bold. Not a big deal really. It's just the fact that I haven't been able to make it happen.

I have attached a screen shot.

Relevancy 55.04%

Is it possible to change the color of the toolbars in Windows 7 explorer & other programs to something other than light blue? I would like to continue to use the Aero Glass theme but I do not like the light blue color of all the toolbars. Thanks

A:Windows 7 Toolbar Color

I don't think that is possible without using a custom theme, sorry "Shell Style" would be more appropriate.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/12710-windows-7-toolbar-color.html