Windows Support Forum

Laptop only runs on AC power without the battery in the slot

Q: Laptop only runs on AC power without the battery in the slot

i was facing the problem of the laptop compaque 2134 ad , abruptly shutting down and restarting , gicing blue screen with error msg on next restart ..... fan sound start stop with power light blinking etc ....... changed it with another old battery lying with me .... but the same problem .... then i noticed that ... with ac power , but no battery in the slot the machine is running fine ...... but with the battery in it ... it gets funny ........ please help me!!!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Laptop only runs on AC power without the battery in the slot

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Laptop only runs on AC power without the battery in the slot

Buy a new laptop battery just like the one that originally came in the laptop. Don't trust old laptop batteries. They go bad just laying around

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-only-runs-on-ac-power-without-the-battery-in-the-slot.173879/
Relevancy 87.72%

hi all, and thanks for this forum :grinthumb .
I m having the weirdest problem: my laptop gives me BSOD when it runs on battery power. When I plug it in to the power outlet, everything is fine.
Last BSOD message was: PFN LIST CORRUPT, but I also had IRQL NOT lESS EQUAL before..
I tried running on different memory stick configurations, but still get BSODs while running on batteries (again, everything is fine when laptop is plugged on the wall..).
I m lost. why would the computer do BSOD only when it runs on batteries???
The machine is an intel centrino 1.3ghz with 1.25gb of ram, runs on xp pro.
should I post my minidump or is there some steps I could take first? thanks for the help!

A:BSOD when laptop runs on battery (OK on power outlet!!)

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

It sounds like the battery needs replacing. It`s obviously not providing enough power.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-when-laptop-runs-on-battery-ok-on-power-outlet.47424/
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi if anyone can help i would be so greatful!!

I have a laptop which slows down as soon as i plug it into the mains. When running on batteries it is as fast as it should be and is perfect. I could comprehend the problem if it was the otherway around but this is too wierd.

I have rebooted the wholes system, it is clean as a whistle, over 30G of space, Virus checker / Firewall / ADaware remover / Registry cleaner / Defraged / Disk Cleanup - everything is in working order to keep this machine clean and healthy and it is.

The problem is most apparent when watching movies or clips, as the image goes out of sinc with the sound, freezes or goes super-slow, yet as soon as i remove the plug, and it's running on batteries it's fine again.

I know someone out there must have a solution.

thanks

A:Laptop runs slow when plugged in, but fine on battery power

Do you have access to another power cord to try. It kind of sounds like that there is a problem with the one that you have. I suppose that the problem could be internal to the laptop itself, but the swapping with a known good cord would tell you where the problem is. Of course, if you always use the same wall outlet, the problem could be there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-runs-slow-when-plugged-in-but-fine-on-battery-power.498688/
Relevancy 79.12%

This problem occurred with prior Win Home O S so I upgraded to Windows nbsp HP If Only. 2000 On ... & Battery Power Both Runs Great Battery Heavens-to-Mergatroid nbsp This laptop runs just fine when only battery is powering it nbsp However once I also HP 2000 Runs Great On Battery Only. If Both Battery & Power ... plug in the power cord the O S does a hard crash within to minutes How special nbsp I can get about to hours when using the HP 2000 Runs Great On Battery Only. If Both Battery & Power ... battery but not if I also plug in the power cord nbsp That means that when the battery gets low I must perform a standard shutdown and then insert the power cord which recharges the battery if I don't turn nbsp on computer nbsp If I then start the computer with both connected it crashes nbsp I am not patient enough to live with a computer that has to be recharged every couple of hours nbsp HELP nbsp I suspected a heating issue so I took the back panels off and thoroghly cleaned the fan vents and other cracks and crevices using canned air but this did not fix the problem nbsp Since in runs just fine on the battery I deduce it is NOT a heating issue neither dust or heat paste issues nbsp I also used a cooling mat to no avail nbsp Im years old living in God's waiting room but parts of my body are to nbsp However I do have Essential Tremors in both hands so I cannot do a full laptop disassembly even if I want to which I don't nbsp I cannot afford to pay a computer repair shop or more to try a fix this vexing power issue nbsp Other than hocking my car it's too old also to buy a new nbsp laptop does anyone have a kind affordable suggestion that might correct the problem nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-2000-Runs-Great-On-Battery-Only-If-Both-Battery-amp-Power/td-p/5717709
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi everyone,

After changing the hard drive in my Toshiba laptop the battery runs out of power after 2hrs instead of holding the charge for 6,5hrs.

Could you please advise what could be the cause? Laptop has up to date drivers and BIOS.

A:NB550D - Battery runs out of power after 2hrs only

I have the same machine and I have exchanged HDD to and installed my own OS version but it has no influence on battery power supply so I cannot imagine your battery behaviour has something to do with new HDD.

Make the battery completely empty and make full load again. Still the same problem?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?84429-NB550D-Battery-runs-out-of-power-after-2hrs-only
Relevancy 71.81%

My uncle sent me a Dell Inspiron 600M for my birthday last year to do my junk work, but my DELL INSPIRON 600m battery does not charge. The battery indicator flashes red. But it still works with AC Power when i take it off the indicator start flashing red.PLEASE HELP

Relevancy 70.09%

Hi, I have a Gateway AJ2 that is acting up. If I have the battery installed, the computer runs on the battery, regardless if the AC adapter is plugged in or not. If the battery isn't installed, the computer runs on AC with no problems.

The battery does not charge. The computer is a little over a year old. I don't exactly recall when the problem started, but it might have been after a Windows Vista update or a bios update.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

A:Laptop runs on only battery or AC, not both

The battery is probably bad. They are consumables, just like paper is to a printer... Regardless of its age, it needs to be replaced if only to verify for a bad battery or not

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-runs-on-only-battery-or-ac-not-both.146047/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi im new and dont know where to post this i have a laptop quot Dell inspiron quot and just the other day i had it turned on and when i unpluged the powercord and it but AC runs battery off new laptop not shut right down and wouldnt turn on quot As if the battery was dead quot when i plug it back in it turns on like normal when i check the battery meter it says there is a battery and it's full so i know it's getting good laptop runs off AC but not new battery connection i tried a friends battery with the same results so i know thats not the problem I went to dell's site and downloaded the quot Battery calibration utility quot for my laptop but to install it i need a floppy drive and dont have one I tried tricking it into thinking a jumpdrive was a floppy by changing the drive letter to A with no luck i'm not even sure this would fix my problem was just sugested by someone else

A:laptop runs off AC but not new battery

HI copyright!

I seen this before with an IBM laptop but never could figure it out. However the link below goes to dell's website and if you enter your service tag then click submit you will end up talking to a dell tech support chat staff. Best I can do for ya.

Dell - Hardware Chat

Raj

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/110060-laptop-runs-off-ac-but-not-new-battery.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi everyone,

I've recently acquired a Scan 3XS LG15 laptop and with its GTX 680M it runs games like Assassin's Creed III maxed out very well, but only when plugged in. The drop in performance happens as soon as it's unplugged, and speeds up again once plugged in.

When on battery games run very badly indeed. I'm not sure whether this is down to the game running on the Intel HD Graphics 4000 or whether it is just not switching to a higher power state.

I've also checked windows power profiles and nothing seems out of place. Nvidia Contol Panel has been set to always use the GPU and the prefer maximum performance. It doesn't seem to make any difference.

I think there's something called Optimus that changes profile depending on what you're doing, but I haven't noticed this working.

If anyone could give me a hand, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Daniel

A:Laptop Runs Poorly When On Battery

Try changing it to high performance mode.

When your on battery mode click on the battery in the task bar and select more power options, then open "Hide additional plans" and select High Performance. This will lower battery life, but should help.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/17252-laptop-runs-poorly-when-battery.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hey guys, I hope someone can help with this. I upgraded my Alienware laptop to windows 10 several months ago but only recently did I try running it on battery power and found out that it repeatably/seemingly randomly crashes. So far this ONLY seems to happen when running on the battery. After installing Windows 10 I did a reset and cleared everything, letting Windows 10 format the HD and reinstall itself. Then I downloaded all my drivers from Alienware and installed them clean. Everything has been running fine up until now.

The error I am getting is:

"nvlddmkm.sys"
System Service Error

When I googled the error it said that it was a BSOD, so here I am. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/45131-bsod-when-laptop-runs-battery.html
Relevancy 69.23%

My sony vaio laptop turns-off automatically when runs on battery. If it is on main power, no issue. Please suggest me whether its happening due to bad battery.

A:Laptop turns-off after 3 min when runs on battery

I suggest it's due to a bad battery.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-turns-off-after-3-min-when-runs-on-battery.175431/
Relevancy 68.37%

I'm having a bad problem this time...I'm getting constant "Low Battery" messages when this laptop isn't plugged into the wall. I see 3% battery in the gauge when it's not plugged into the wall, but oddly, when it's plugged into the wall, it's at full battery. Something fishy is going on here, this never happened on my Compaq.

A:Laptop runs out of battery when not plugged into wall

Maybe this will help you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-runs-out-of-battery-when-not-plugged-into-wall.1007078/
Relevancy 67.94%

I have an HP laptop and where you plug in the power cable to the computer. The slot for the power cable on the computer does not connect well at all. If you move the power cable around with some pressure... then the charging light will come on. I believe the slot on the laptop where the power cable is inserted is broken some way. Is it easy to get to that piece and remove/ repair it? If so how do I do it?

Relevancy 67.94%

Hi out cuts battery power, on laptop battery good my girlfriend in Beijing has an Acer Aspire S latop She bought a new battery for it laptop cuts out on battery power, battery good a while back and told me it was no good I was in Beijing recently messing around with it and found that actually the battery is fine lasts for gt hours but when unplugged and running on battery power the laptop often just cuts out suddenly loss of power I took the battery out and had a look and cleaned all the connections but they seem fine The next part is the strange part and which I hope might give someone a clue as to what s going on When it cuts out it will never restart again unless the mains power cable is plugged back into the laptop As soon as that s done and the power button is pressed it starts up again and the cable can be taken out immediately I mean immediately - you can plug the cable in push the quot power on quot button and pull the cable back out in less than a second and it will start up and run fine on battery again until the next time it suddenly cuts out without warning Because any unsaved data is lost and because the laptop cannot restart without the power adaptor this very portable and light laptop is now reduced to having to be kept at home all the time and plugged in which is exactly the opposite of what she bought it for Anybody have any idea what the problem could be or suggest some tests that could be done to find out She took it to a local computer shop but the guys there had no idea Thanks in advance for any advice nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-cuts-out-on-battery-power-battery-good.1164783/
Relevancy 67.94%

Recently I noticed that the amber LED on my HP Probook 650 G1 flashing constantly, even when the laptop is powered off.   The System Tray battery indication is 100%, fully charged, when on AC power and 100% on battery power shortly after undocking.    I find the Probook won't power up if AC power is not available (no response when pressing power button) but remains powered when I remove it from the docking station.    Have the electronics that control this LED flashing and power up when not on AC gone bad?    Is this an indication of other failure? thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/laptop-won-t-power-up-with-battery-but-battery-is-fully/td-p/5655982
Relevancy 64.07%

Now the laptop DELL 9400 is saying I cannot defrag because the battery is too low. But I dont use the battery at all. I always use the ac adapter cord.
Is there a setting to address this issue, or is this a hardware problem?

A:Using AC power but laptop shows using battery power

Turn off the laptop, remove the battery and then start up again (with the AC power attached of course!). Do you still get the problem? Or does the laptop not turn on at all?

Slainte

midders

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-ac-power-but-laptop-shows-using-battery-power.864740/
Relevancy 63.64%

I am having an issue with my G7-1075dx. Power light comes on, amber light of WiFi glows, fan starts up and runs, and that's it: Blank screen and no further boot. I've done all the 'hard boot' and hardware investigations that I can think of: replacing hard drive, removing and resetting RAM modules, etc. No help. I have seen possible solutions listed for a device running Windows 7. My laptop runs Windows 8. Has there been any solutions given for this problem? I see by perusing the internet that this is not entirely uncommon, and up to this point this has been a great computer to work with. Help!!!

A:HP PAVILION G7 LAPTOP WON'T BOOT. POWER LIGHT ON, FAN RUNS, ...

Are there any beeping sounds? Ram cards are correctly inserted?

I hope this helps!If you feel that I helped you, give me a thumbs up button and hit the "accept as answer" button so others can find the answer as well .

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-PAVILION-G7-LAPTOP-WON-T-BOOT-POWER-LIGHT-ON-FAN-RUNS/td-p/4828561
Relevancy 63.21%

Since i bought a new laptop E7270, is it allowed to use my power adaptor my old Dell E6420 also for the new one?   If so i can use one adaptor at home and another in office and dont need to carry the power adaptor always.
Will this impact the battery performance of the new laptop?

A:If it is possible to use the power adapter of E6420 for my new laptop E7270? Will it impact the battery of the new laptop?

If the connector fits (it may not - the older systems use a much larger barrel connector than many of the new ones), AND the power (wattage) is equal or greater, yes.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984388
Relevancy 62.35%

My Dell laptop will charge and operate for several hours off a new 6000 MAh battery but the icon in the tray inidcates that it is always on line power. Although both the CD and floppy drive work when installed in a bay the system not indicate that they are present. I have updated the bios from Dell but that does not help. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Jerry

A:Dell Inspiron 3500 charges and runs on battery but cannot find battery or bay devices

Still under warranty, isn't it? Call Dell for a repair trip.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-3500-charges-and-runs-on-battery-but-cannot-find-battery-or-bay-devices.109068/
Relevancy 61.49%

My laptop was fine a few days ago but now when I plug it into the wall ac power the laptop will not turn on at all no noise. However when I plug the power cord in I do get a light for the battery charging,(yet to see if battery will take a full charge and come on) but so far nothing. Any ideas as to fixing this or why this could happen. can I get files from laptop harddrive to my pc? Remove laptop hard drive and connect to my pc? Thanks

A:No Ac Power or Battery power to Laptop

Sounds like a major failure in the laptop.

You can buy adapters for laptop HDD to Desktop IDE drives, quite cheaply. That will allow you to access the files on the hard drive.

USB cases are also quite reasonable for laptop hard drives and give an easy way to access the drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-ac-power-or-battery-power-to-laptop.313434/
Relevancy 61.49%

One year later I m back with another problem I just hope this is the correct forum I purchased the laptop I m using about two years ago For those two years I have never removed the battery but have used AC power nearly always with the exception of a few quick trips and a couple of hours once every week or two Initially the battery lasted about hours on a good day with Wi-Fi enabled A few weeks ago that was reduced seemingly instantly to about - minutes Upon doing some research which I should ve done when I first got the laptop I m pretty certain that the battery is about to kick the bucket What worries me though is how the laptop seems to be becoming increasingly hotter these past few weeks Despite AC power won't on Laptop battery. run without the fact that my battery hasn t been involved in any recalls the Laptop won't run on AC power without battery. paranoid side of me is hesitant about leaving it in for much longer For now however being able to afford a new battery is up in the air that s a nice way of saying not an option So I attempted to remove the battery and use only AC power About three seconds after I turned the laptop on it shut off Upon a second and third try it wouldn t turn on at all I let it rest for about minutes and tried again it lasted long enough to show the Windows XP logo ten or so seconds and again shut off I popped the battery back in and it turned on without a problem So I m left wondering what s wrong Has my laptop become dependent on battery power How if possible can I resolve this Seeing as how - minutes of mobility is absolutely useless to me I m not comfortable keeping the battery in for much longer and risking this increasing amount of heat turning into a big problem If they re at all useful here are the specs for the battery and the laptop Toshiba Satellite M -S Intel Celeron M processor GHz quot diagonal WXGA display MB DDR SRAM GB RPM HDD DVD SuperMulti Double Layer drive b g wireless Microsoft Windows XP HomeClick to expand Li-ion BATTERY PACK Model NO PA U- BRS DC V mAHClick to expand Also here s an idea of the daily usage of the laptop I m normally on it for an average of or so hours a day and leave it in standby when not in use I don t usually run large programs normally I m running Pidgin Firefox and xplorer as well as AVG Free and Windows Defender with Wi-Fi enabled If you d like to any additional information just ask Any help or advice is appreciated nbsp

A:Laptop won't run on AC power without battery.

I've seen a number of laptops that won't run without the battery, so I'd say that could be normal. A laptop shouldn't damage the battery pack with it plugged in continuously. My wife's laptop has been plugged in most of the time for a year, the battery is just fine. The charging circuit in the laptop should not overcharge the battery.

If the laptop is getting hot, you might consider blowing the dust out of the fans, which is a major reason for overheating of laptops.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-run-on-ac-power-without-battery.617534/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi, My laptop (Dell Inspiron 1000) is missing the battery but I thought I could power it up using the AC adaptor but no luck. Should this particular laptop power without the battery?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-power-on-ac-without-battery.1081737/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi all I have searched and searched for an answer to this problem but can t seem Laptop Run on Won't Power Battery to find a solution Maybe someone here has a new idea Basically my computer suddenly stopped running on battery power It had been working just fine until about two weeks ago Here are the bullet points The computer won t turn Laptop Won't Run on Battery Power on with battery installed unless the A C adapter is also plugged into it And once on the computer Laptop Won't Run on Battery Power will shut down immediately if the A C plug is pulled out The battery is relatively new less than six months old When pressed the button on the battery itself indicates the battery is healthy all lights illuminate none flashing The meter on the computer indicates the new battery is working properly When left out for a couple days and then put back in the dell meter shows that it has lost power and goes about charging Laptop Won't Run on Battery Power it then successfully reports charge after a while I ve tried two old batteries known bad just haven t gotten around to taking them to be recycled while using A C adapter to see what the battery meter on the computer says The meter displays an empty battery with a red x at the bottom when either of those is put in What I can t understand is why is it only working one direction The battery will accept a charge from the computer then won t run off that charge later Other suggestions I ve already tried but haven t helped Verify computer has latest bios update Check for bent contacts Clean contacts with high pressure air can Clean contacts with q-tip Tried the other batteries to verify that the Dell Battery Meter isn t reporting dead batteries as healthy Checked for dead cells by pushing button on battery Check Dell s website for any available downloads to do with power supply none found Check Dell s website to be sure the battery is not on a recall list it s not Other Quick facts Computer - Dell Inspiron E OPsys - Vista Computer warranty - just expired figures Battery is still under warranty but that warranty only covers batteries that won t hold a charge This battery appears to be holding a charge just fine so I m concerned that the problem lies with the computer Does anyone have any other suggestions or has anyone else ever heard of such a problem I would really appreciate the help Thanks TahmeG nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

When I have the laptop off (Toshiba A75-S229) the ac power light is on and the battery charge light is on. As soon as I turn on and it starts to open windows the charge light goes off. Then as windows opens the laptop runs only on battery even though the ac light is on.
Except if I enter bios then the battery keeps charging.
Just wondering if anyone knows a setting or conflict that would keep laptop from switching to ac from battery?
Or could there be something in msconfig that I could check?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/battery-power-only-on-laptop.43832/
Relevancy 61.06%

I own a acer travelmate 250 Laptop.

When I remove the power cord the screen goes dark, but the laptop is still running, I can open and close the cd tray.

I have also noticed that a beeping noise happens when I move the laptop around.

Any ideas ?

A:Trouble with laptop battery/power

perhaps the battery needs replacing? If the battery is low, the computer could be set to hibernate or something

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-with-laptop-battery-power.794041/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi There having a problem with this Compaq Evo N600c laptop Battery shows full power battery should be good. The laptop won't power off the battery power powers off AC Power supply. I am trying to learn more about the battery power management settings but from what I Know so far they seem fine any Ideas would be much apreiciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evo-n600c-laptop-wont-power-off-battery.40122/
Relevancy 61.06%

A user brought me her laptop (an Acer Aspire 4520) for start up speed issues. While dealing with that I noticed that after shut down, I couldn't power the machine back up by pressing the power button. I have to unplug the power chord and then I can power the machine up. Also, if the machine is in sleep mode the power button doesn't wake it whether it's plugged in or not. You have to unplug it AND pull the battery to bring it back to a state where it will power up.

I've tried every configuration provided to me be Vista to configure the power button behavior in the CP but no luck...

Windows Vista Home Premium 32Bit
AMD Athlon 64x2 TK-53 1.7GHz
1GB RAM
GeForce Nvidia 7000m

A:Laptop will power up on battery, but not while plugged in

The motherboards charging circuit could be damaged...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-will-power-up-on-battery-but-not-while-plugged-in.168802/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have a Compaq Presario R3000 that I've owned for about 1.5 yrs. Several months ago, I noticed that it keeps switching to battery power even when plugged in. It used to happen when there was movement but now it can happen at just about any time. I assume it's a problem in the AC jack but what I want to know is....how much trouble is this to "fix"? Is it a fairly common problem with laptops?
Thanks

A:Laptop keeps switching to battery power

It's a very common issue with laptops, and I'd get it corrected BEFORE you end up with this! This is the second of two laptops I've seen in the last year that people ignored the advice to deal with the loose power connection.

As to how difficult it is to fix, that's going to depend on the specific make/model of laptop, and how much disassembly is required to repair/replace the jack.

P.S. Yes, the MB was destroyed and needed to be replaced in both laptops.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keeps-switching-to-battery-power.464166/
Relevancy 61.06%

in the taskbar the power meter is not there and i tried resetting it to the defaults but it still isnt there any ideas?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-battery-power-meter-not-there-163798.html
Relevancy 61.06%

In my case the computer -  a Compaq SA423 - with  the AC adapter on its own won't start without the battery either.  However,  once it has fired up, it will run with the AC adapter on it;s own without the battery in place.  The AC adapter will charge the battery, but there is no power cord in the battery icon showing if the AC adapter is plugged in UNLESS I remove the battery. What is going on?

A:Laptop won't power up without Battery in place

Hi,In order ti isolate the issue further, i request you to download the latest bios from the HP site and check for the issue occurrence.http://www8.hp.com/us/en/drivers.htmlAlso, to confirm the AC Adapter issue, request you to connect this adapter to ant other notebook and check.Please reply with the results.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-won-t-power-up-without-Battery-in-place/td-p/5072474
Relevancy 61.06%

This is definately a hardware issue. This laptop will stay on only for a few seconds, and then sometimes for even less. I plug it in press power, it powers up and appears to start working than it suddenly shuts off. I was thinking maybe a power supply, but because I have never changed a laptop power supply, I thought to inquire here to see if anyone might have some advice. All help appreciated!

Thx

A:laptop won't hold power, could it be battery??

power supply or battery. Shorted battery could cause the problem but so could a bad PS. You need a voltmeter to tell which.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-hold-power-could-it-be-battery.437311/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello My Lenovo on battery Laptop sleep Win won't when power 7 Y Win 7 Laptop won't sleep when on battery power laptop won t go to sleep standby when its operating on battery power It will go to tsleep if its plugged in to the AC adapter I tried closing all programs and different user accounts to see if it is a specific program that s causing the issue but to no avail I m using Win ultimate -bit Code -------- EVEREST Ultimate Edition ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Version EVEREST v Benchmark Module Homepage http www lavalys com Report Type Report Wizard Computer PAULTOLBERT-LAP Generator Paul Tolbert Operating System Microsoft Windows Ultimate Win RTM Date - - Time -------- Summary ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer Computer Type ACPI x -based PC Mobile Operating System Microsoft Windows Ultimate OS Service Pack - Internet Explorer DirectX DirectX Computer Name PAULTOLBERT-LAP User Name Paul Tolbert Logon Domain PaulTolbert-Lap Date Time - - Motherboard CPU Type Mobile DualCore Intel Core Duo T MHz x Motherboard Name Lenovo KL Motherboard Chipset Intel Cantiga GM System Memory MB DDR - DDR SDRAM DIMM Samsung M B EH -CF GB DDR - DDR SDRAM - - - MHz - - - MHz DIMM Samsung M B EH -CF GB DDR - DDR SDRAM - - - MHz - - - MHz Win 7 Laptop won't sleep when on battery power BIOS Type Phoenix Display Video Adapter Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family KB Video Adapter Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family KB Monitor AU Optronics B XW V quot LCD Multimedia Audio Adapter Intel HDMI Intel IB ICH - High Definition Audio Controller A- Audio Adapter Realtek ALC Intel IB Win 7 Laptop won't sleep when on battery power ICH - High Definition Audio Controller A- Storage IDE Controller Intel R ICH M-E M SATA AHCI Controller Storage Controller Virtual CloneDrive Disk Drive FUJITSU MJA BH G GB RPM SATA-II Optical Drive ELBY CLONEDRIVE SCSI CdRom Device Virtual CD-ROM Optical Drive ELBY CLONEDRIVE SCSI CdRom Device Virtual CD-ROM Optical Drive Optiarc DVD RW AD- S DVD R x DVD-R x DVD RW x x DVD-RW x x DVD-RAM x DVD-ROM x CD x x x DVD RW DVD-RW DVD-RAM SMART Hard Disks Status OK Partitions C NTFS GB GB free Total Size GB GB free Input Keyboard Microsoft eHome MCIR Keyboard Keyboard Microsoft eHome MCIR Keyboard Keyboard Microsoft eHome Remote Control Keyboard keys Keyboard Standard PS Keyboard Mouse HID-compliant mouse Mouse PS Compatible Mouse Network Primary IP Address Primary MAC Address HIDDEN Network Adapter Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Network Adapter Intel R WiFi Link AGN Peripherals Printer FAMILYDELLPC Canon MX series Printer Printer Fax Printer Foxit Phantom Printer Printer Microsoft XPS Document Writer Printer QuickBooks PDF Converter Printer Send To OneNote Infrared Controller ITECIR Infrared Receiver EC Infrared Controller Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver USB Controller Intel IB ICH - USB Universal Host Controller A- USB Controller Intel IB ICH - USB Universal Host Controller A- USB Controller Intel IB ICH - USB Universal Host Controller A- USB Controller Intel IB ICH - USB Universal Host Controller A- USB Controller Intel IB ICH - USB Universal Host Controller A- USB Controller Intel IB ICH - USB Universal Host Controller A- USB Controller Intel IB ICH - USB Enhanced Host Controller A- USB Controller Intel IB ICH - USB Enhanced Host Controller A- USB Device Lenovo EasyCamera USB Device USB Composite Device Battery Microsoft AC Adapter Battery Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery Battery Microsoft Composite Battery DMI DMI BIOS Vendor LENOVO DMI BIOS Version CN WW DMI System Manufacturer LENOVO DMI System Product IdeaPad Y DMI System Version Rev DMI System Serial Number KL BNNN DMI System UUID D EA - B A - - BCD FA DMI Motherboard Manufacturer LENOVO DMI Motherboard Product KL DMI Motherboard Version Rev DMI Motherboard Serial Number EB DMI Chassis Manufacturer LENOVO DMI Cha... Read more

A:Win 7 Laptop won't sleep when on battery power

In windows 7 go to start menu, control panel power options, set the options you would like.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-7-laptop-wont-sleep-when-on-battery-power.967647/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello every one!I have an HP probook 4530 with upgraded windows 10 -64 bit on it. it was working pretty well since yesterday that i shut it down. (i'm used to hibernating my laptop, but i shut it down once every week) after that i could not make it start. it won't turn on, and the battery power LED on the side of it keeps blinking white for the whole morning!I tried battery, AC power, and both plugged in, but the power button exactly does nothing.i've found a table here with buttons flashing and sequences but neither matched my situation.I have to add that it has recently been warming up a little and had a few lags, which i guessed it's because of the new windows.please help me... i really don't want to hard reset my laptop because i have much data on it.thank you so much...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/My-Hp-laptop-won-t-turn-on-and-its-battery-power-LED-keeps/td-p/5676737
Relevancy 61.06%

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop running Win XP It s about years old The last couple of days when I have it plugged in the battery & Laptop Toshiba Battery Power indicator icon acknowledges it s on AC Power but the battery is still draining and the laptop turns off I have not changed the power settings at all but I checked them and all seems fine The battery is the original came with laptop and the AC adaptor is fairly new purchased this year This laptop did have problems with Toshiba Laptop & Battery Power the AC port coming loose which I fixed Twice First by soldering it back onto the motherboard then by changing it alltogether As it stands when my laptop is plugged in and turned on the battery drains until it turns off about an hour The battery will charge when the laptop is off The battery charge indicator led light turns OFF when I power up the laptop It turns on again when I power down The battery will only charge when the laptop is off Is this a battery issue An AC jack issue An AC adapter issue Does anyone have any experience with this Sorry for length but I am trying to foresee any questions anyone might have nbsp

A:Toshiba Laptop & Battery Power

I would say it is most likely a battery issue if it is original, there is circutry in all laptop batteries that control charging and discharging and for safety. My guess would be start you search here, the battery is probably due for replacing anyways. If the adapter can charge it off then the adapter should be OK.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-laptop-battery-power.828534/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi everybody, i discovered today that my PC shuts down at 37% without any reason or notification. According to AIda64, my battery has a 27% of physical wear...

Maybe virus? A problem with the battery? A problem related with the energy device?

My lap is ASUS X451M Win 8.1

A:My laptop shuts down at 37% of battery power

@el gitano
Try calibrating it drain your battery to 0% then charge it to 100%...

https://malwaretips.com/threads/my-laptop-shuts-down-at-37-of-battery-power.65397/
Relevancy 61.06%

I bought this HP laptop not so long ago, and just recently it has stopped being capable of operating on battery power. In addition, it is constantly charging the battery, but the battery charge meter does not rise. I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix it myself, or will I simply have to part from the laptop for a few weeks/months to send it back to the manufacturer?

Relevancy 61.06%

I've had this a while but never got around to getting ideas on the prob. 4 yr old Toshiba Satellite, Vista, updated OS/drivers... Most of the time it only boots with the power plug removed. After I get the windows loading scroll, I can plug it in and it boots fine. If plugged in while booting, it only gets to maybe the boot loader sequence and then powers off. If I run the boot repair, it may boot with power for a few times but always reverts to booting only without the power plug attached. Tried changing some system power settings with no change. I guess I haven't looked at the CMOS for anything odd. Battery seems to be charging/discharging OK. Boot load script seems normal. Any ideas?

A:Laptop only boots on battery power

Sounds like a hardware issue (ie: motherboard and/or power circuitry), not a Windows issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-only-boots-on-battery-power.998409/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop (circa 2003). I know my laptop battery has been drained for a while and I was almost solely relying on the AC adapter's juice to power my machine. Recently, I lost all power to the laptop. I thought perhaps my battery had finally had it so I bought a new battery. Well, then I couldn't charge my battery, so I bought a new AC adapter. I still have no juice. It looks like the AC adapter is working (the light is on it to show it's getting power) but it's not transferring that power to the machine.

I think it may be a bad connection between the adapter plug and the laptop. I don't know how involved of a fix this is.

Any suggestions on what type of fix might be needed? Is it better to just scrap this laptop and get a new one? Thanks for your help!

Relevancy 61.06%

It goes like this: my laptop is normally plugged in, high performance power settings, battery taken out. Every once in a while I put the battery in and use it with normal charge/discharge cycles, power saving settings. Now it somehow happened that when I put the battery in and windows booted up I had no sound whatsoever. Chrome or AIMP2 are not recognized in the volume mixer, and skype notified me that it was unable to access the sound card. When I put it to sleep and then woke it up again the sound came back. I then followed the same steps: shut down windows, booted up, no sound, put it to sleep, woke it up, sound available, a few times and always with the same "results".

Does anyone have any idea what's going on ? This never used to happen before.

A:I have no sound when my laptop is on battery power

Reinstall the sound driver and see if that makes any difference. Sleep and what does or does not work after waking can be driver issues.

How is it booting? From a "cold" boot or booting up from Hibernate. If its booting from Hibernate that can be the cause of the problem (shouldn't be but can be).

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/360420-i-have-no-sound-when-my-laptop-battery-power.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I recently restored a R51 (type 2883) laptop to factory default to re-deploy to a new user. However, as I found out when I tried to give this laptop to the new user, when this laptop is booted without an ac adapter (only on battery power) the windows login splash screen is not displayed and the mouse won't move. After this happens the splash screen will not display even with a power cord unless I reboot into safe mode, log in, and then reboot again with the AC power plugged in.

I updated the bios to the most current version and verified that Userinit (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon) is C:\Windows\System32\Userinit.exe. Is there anything else you can suggest to help?

Thank you for your time.

A:IBM R51 laptop won't boot on battery power

enter the bios and check date time year settings and set default or safe settings..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ibm-r51-laptop-wont-boot-on-battery-power.830115/
Relevancy 61.06%

no power to laptop...either with battery or dc adapter......when you plug in the adapter, there is no indicator light ....have tried removing all power sources and holding down the power button ...for in excess of 2 minutes ...reconnect adapter only ...still nothing.....removed all hard drives and all but 1 stick of memory and tried again...nothing....could power cable be bad?....this happened suddenly....worked one minute...then nothing.....any thoughts and if power cable is the culprit ...how do i tell if it has dicrete or uma memory?......Help!!! please

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/laptop-does-not-power-up-with-battery-or-adapter/td-p/5703595
Relevancy 61.06%

My friend's laptop won't turn on. It doesn't start to boot or anything. My first thought is it's either the battery or the A/C adapter but I'm not sure how to check those without having swappable pieces (which I don't have.)
I took the battery out and tried to power on with just the A/C adapter plugged in and same as with the battery in, only thing that happens is the little light with the lightening symbol flashes 3 times. Also the little light where you plug the charger in lights up while the charger is in. Would the laptop power up with just the A/C adapter plugged in and no battery?

Relevancy 60.63%

I have a strange issue. I have a Lenovo T60 laptop and I am experiencing problems with the power management/power guage.

It will often show the battery not installed (power gauge is a greyish-white color with dashed lines) or it shows a red X. It does not matter if I am on AC power or on Battery power, it will show the full range of power, battery level, not installed, or an error.

I have searched Lenovo's site and I seem to remember seeing an FAQ about this, but now that I need it, I cannot find it.

What can I check or do to stop this? While it is annoying, I am not sure if I am having a battery problem or not. I did check my battery on Lenovo's site to see if it was recalled and it is not.

I do appreciate any help that any one can give me.

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lenovo-t60-power-guage-shows-battery-not-installed-while-on-battery-power.690786/
Relevancy 60.2%

i was working on a Dell Latitude L laptop for someone and I had to battery motherboard power to problem, laptop short two pins on the motherboard to erase the service tag and bios security password the motherboard was placed laptop power problem, battery to motherboard upward and I was holding onto the battery attempting to do the short while doing this i had the battery in it was powering on fine then all of the sudden the battery fell out after this the computer wouldn t power on without the AC power cord the laptop wont boot up without the AC adapter in the power laptop power problem, battery to motherboard jack isn t broken i used a multimeter to check I was thinking maybe I could solder a pin to the main source on the motherboard but I cant find it Any tips also I might just order a new motherboard however I don t know if it s the battery i m afraid to laptop power problem, battery to motherboard check to see if the batteries good because I can t find information on the PINs to touch with the multimeter i don t want the battery to explode what should I do please help thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-power-problem-battery-to-motherboard.614326/
Relevancy 60.2%

(Dont know if this in right section)
My mom bought a Gateway Laptop about 5 or 6 months ago and now it doesnt turn on when its plugged in. I have to push the AC adaptor into the laptop and hold it in firmly for it to power on/charge. Is there something wrong with the battery or is it the AC adaptor? If you need any more information just ask.

Relevancy 60.2%

About 4 months ago I performed a number of upgrades to my 4 year old Lenovo SL400 laptop.

I upgraded to a Seagate Momentus hybrid drive, upgraded my CPU, installed new RAM, purchased a new 9-cell battery and performed a clean intstall of Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (the computer came with Vista - Windows 7 was a retail upgrade).

I had several BSOD crashes which only happened when running on battery power. I was sure the battery was the culprit and RMA'd to the vendor for a replacement. I still have the issue with the replacement.

I notice a screen flicker a second or two before the crash. About half the time the computer recovers without crashing.

I've attached the dump files and system health report.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

A:BSOD when running laptop off battery power

I saw the ThinkPad Display error in the 7-17 performance report so I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver for my display and I no longer have that error. I've attached an updated report.

Anyone have an idea what is causing my crashes? I'd love to be able to use this machine without being tethered to the plug.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/241036-bsod-when-running-laptop-off-battery-power.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I recently bought a Sony Vaio VGN-NW110D laptop computer for my father. It came with Windows Vista 64-bit Home Premium Edition. I notice that, if I shut down the computer (not standby, but shut down), it still uses battery power. For example, it could go from 100% down to below 80% battery power overnight. Is this normal? Or is there a problem with this laptop? If the latter is true, what could be the problem? Thank you.

Relevancy 60.2%

I think I had a power surge kill my laptop (no protector, power was out and fuse was tripped), there was a burnt odor coming from the power supply.

Could this have affected the battery. Is it possible to check or have the battery checked (it was new) to see if there was damage done?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/affects-of-power-surge-on-laptop-battery.638246/
Relevancy 60.2%

System: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1
Laptop: ASUS K52F with SSD; Laptop is almost 6 years old

When the laptop is on battery power, the laptop shuts down when the battery gets down to about 50-60%. This is a new behavior; the laptop did not behave like this in the past. The critical battery setting is at 10% so it should not shut down at 50-60%. I opened the laptop and checked for dust - it is clean since I periodically clean it. I scanned the laptop (in safe mode) with Malwarebytes, SuperAntiSpyware, ADWCleaner, Gmer, TDSSKiller, Avira - nothing found. Could this just be a bad battery? Or could the laptop be shutting down on high heat?

Any thoughts as to why this is happening and what I can do to solve this problem? Thank you.

A:Laptop Shuts Down Prematurely When On Battery Power

Hi my friend

This could be heating problem i think , you could download this

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/hwmonitor.html

checking your temperatures , what is your model

https://www.asus.com/us/support/article/565/

in which surface the laptop is placed ? I am thinking not in bed Do you buy any cooler pad ?

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/laptop-shuts-down-prematurely-when-on-battery-power.309795/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi all I m using a thinkpad T I think my battery is out I ve been checking it through the ThinkVantage and it said battery ok but should discharge and recharge I did that and it was ok for a few weeks but power gauge always says - and less than a hour it goes into hibernation Now without AC my thinkpad can t be switched battery I power? using bad leave while AC Can attached a laptop on I leave the ac on while the battery is still attached to use it The battery icon is orange and blinking When I ve shut down I remove the ac plug I ve never removed the battery before since I ve Can I leave a bad laptop battery attached while using AC power? used this thinkpad years ago Is this harmful to my thinkpad all my data and stuff I m reluctant to remove the battery in case dust gathers around the exposed portion I m also reluctant to buy a new battery as I m thinking of getting a new netbook those quot type of laptop What s the best way to manage and keep using this thinkpad without a new battery or is it a big NO NO Please help I m not very IT savvy Thanks in advance astrogirl nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

If you can answer this you will have earned my undying admiration Well in truth you already have but still this is strange My brother power Laptop but crashes battery cord not on has a Dell Latitude C which recently started giving him the blue screen quot Laptop crashes on power cord but not battery memory dump quot crash He had the hard drive replaced because that is what the tech told him it was Still does it but he just noticed something He ran it for over three hours this morning on battery only and it was fine then he plugged in the power cord and within minutes it crashed He charged the battery and tried the same thing with the same results only quicker to crash once he plugs in the power cord It seem obvious that something is amiss here but I haven t a clue I thought the power cord charges the battery which then powers the computer Anyway this is totally unfamilar to me I have heard of power cords failing to provide a charge but this is a new one Any thoughts Thanks as always to you nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi...

I am having a problem with my laptop computer. I figured out that my laptop, when being charged or using the Power Outlet, runs at 100% CPU at times, and slows me down when running and working on some open applications. At first I thought I had tons of spyware or even a virus, and even posted a Hijackthis file here. Nothing was found.
I figured out that my cpu runs at 100% when using the power outlet, or when my computer is chargnig. When I unplug the powercord and use the battery life, everything runs GREAT!!!!! my cpu drops to a normal 4-8% usage with multiple applications running. WEIRD huh? Can anyone relate to this ?? Is this and indication that my battery is going bad???? Can someone help me with this or suggest what is going on? I am running windows XP home edition, and have a compac presario 1500 series. Pent 4..

HELP!!!

A:CPU runs at 100% when charging laptop battery, when not charging its fine. HELP!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-runs-at-100-when-charging-laptop-battery-when-not-charging-its-fine-help.355011/
Relevancy 59.77%

After my friend's laptop wouldn't run on battery power OR charge the battery I tried many "fixes."

Shockingly none worked that I found.

Only one thing worked for me to my surprise.

A last ditch effort was to open up the laptop (sony pcg-81114L) and disconnect the cmos battery for a few minutes to reset the CMOS.

To my surprise, when powered on, the battery instantly showed it was charging AND when removing the power plug the battery POWERS the laptop now! (and I'd thought I was wasting my time.)

Worked with an off brand battery also.

Many times this has saved many computers that have odd "unsolvable" things wrong with them.

Surely someone else has done this also but I haven't seen it posted anywhere to my knowledge.

Thank GOD for bringing the idea to remembrance!

A:sony vaio won't charge battery or run on battery power (CMOS BATTERY FIX!)

Hi askfault,
Do you have any information on how this fixes the battery problem? would be interested to know.

Xen

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511609/sony-vaio-wont-charge-battery-or-run-on-battery-power-cmos-battery-fix/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have an issue where there is a hissing sound coming from the speakers when I plug them into my laptop headphone jack. But this does not happen when I unplug the power to the laptop and let it run on batteries. It also does not hiss with the speakers built into the laptop. Do you have any ideas? The hissing sound lessens if I plug the adapter into another outlet, but does the same with 2 different chargers. Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hissing-on-headphone-jack-when-laptop-is-not-on-battery-power.729677/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi guys I m cord, out?! now then laptop battery, Failed power blacks hoping some of you will be able to tell me what is going on with my laptop Here s what happened- about a month ago while I was in London for a weekend I wiped Vista from my Toshiba Satellite M it s about years old and replaced it with Windows Everything was great for a couple of days then I came back to Amsterdam and plugged it in to charge and realised it wasn t charging at all I removed the battery completely and tried to turn my laptop on and it seemed to be a problem with the power cord- it was totally dead So I ran to the nearest computer store bought a new generic power cord and my laptop was back on track Or so I thought With the new power cord the battery seemed to register that it was charging but only briefly each time I plugged it in As soon as the battery drained which didn t take long as each attempt to charge it didn t go very far the laptop would switch off So I removed the battery I Failed power cord, then battery, now laptop blacks out?! have been using my laptop sans battery for a Failed power cord, then battery, now laptop blacks out?! month now which isn t a huge problem However over the last week my laptop has just completely blacked out a handful of Failed power cord, then battery, now laptop blacks out?! times The first time it happened I thought it was because I d somehow pulled the generic power cord out without noticing When it happened again I realised that my laptop really isn t happy but I have no idea why Each time I have started my laptop after a blackout it seems to be ok One time however it went into startup repair After that it was ok but things looked kind of serious there Could it be that this is all linked What are the chances that both the original power cord and battery would both die at the same time Could it be related to the installation of Vista etc One suggestion was that it might be the hard drive that is trying to pack up and take early retirement I m really very technologically-challenged Thanks a million Kate nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/failed-power-cord-then-battery-now-laptop-blacks-out.962970/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have got a acer aspire 5830tg. Recently I got the "black screen of death" on my laptop. Since I'm on a travel and the international traveller warranty is still valid I took it to Acer service center in Seoul. 2 days later I got it back, working. Nobody was speaking any english and all they said was two words: "Memory error". After that i noticed that the battery doesnt hold up that long any more. it used to last about 6 hours. Now two weeks later it has gone worse every day plus the remaining doesn't make any sense any more. Im not sure it has something do to with the repair they did. How should I resolving the problem?
Thank You!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-battery-started-to-loose-power-suddenly.1047236/
Relevancy 59.77%

I am trying to fix a Lenova Y550P that has a problem charging. The lady said she dropped the laptop. It is working on battery, but is not working on A/C power. When I remove the battery the laptop is not powering on and when I run it with the battery in and A/C power connected it is not re-charging. There is no light where the power chord goes into the laptop, but unsure if there was prior to the problem starting. What steps can I take to fix this problem. Thanks

A:Solved: Lenova Laptop A/C Power not charging the battery

I figured out that the voltage was set to 15V and that it should have been set to 19V. All fixed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-lenova-laptop-a-c-power-not-charging-the-battery.977602/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have the following, seemingly related problems with my Sony-Vaio laptop and Windows 7 Pro. When I go to Control Panel + Hardware & Sound + Power Options + Edit Plan Settings, I get the following error screen:
When I go to My Computer + Manage + Services + Power Service, and start the service I get the following error screen:
As a general rule, I leave the laptop plugged in. I am unable to run the laptop on battery power, with the cord unplugged. How do I correct the problem? I know that I didn't use to have this problem. Should I unplug the laptop periodically, and use the battery
alone?
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/85e7f7d0-e38d-414b-ae47-83c65b16f456/power-battery-problems-with-sonyvaio-laptop?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 59.77%

Over the last few weeks I seem to be getting the BSOD frequently Probably averaging at least once per day Almost always this occurs within minutes of battery E530, Lenovo BSOD on SSD laptop power. when Win 7, taking my laptop Lenovo Thinkpad E off AC power and using battery power Note that I m usually watching a video and maybe have a few tabs open when this happens so I m not doing memory-intensive things and I don t think the laptop is being overheated or something After the BSOD I can usually reboot quickly and then get back and running smoothly even if I just remain on battery power Though it has happened where I got the BSOD consecutively Here is the error report BSOD when laptop on battery power. Win 7, Lenovo E530, SSD I receive from Windows when I reboot Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode fe BCP BCP BCP BCP FFFFFA E A OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users ron AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online http go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt When this report comes up I click on quot Check for a solution quot but this doesn t seem to do anything The window just disappears I am running Windows -bit but the copy I have is not genuine meaning I have not validated my copy It has been this way since early but this BSOD issue has popped up only within the last month Any thoughts Let me know if you need more information or if I need to run some diagnostics Thanks nbsp

A:BSOD when laptop on battery power. Win 7, Lenovo E530, SSD

As per forum rules we DO NOT assist with pirated operating systems.

Requesting Mod to close thread...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-when-laptop-on-battery-power-win-7-lenovo-e530-ssd.1162008/
Relevancy 59.77%

my battery show that it good and shows a 90% charge  but will not power the laptop or charge  it says plug in not charging if i pull the power cord out it shuts off

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/battery-still-good-but-wond-charge-or-power-laptop/td-p/5640791
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi, Error message is '(25% available, plugged in, not charging)'Have already tried the following:- Battery unistall/re-install- Removal of battery whilst power cable and laptop is booted and reinsert (numerous times!!) Charges for only 2-3 seconds then back to the error message again Laptop dies completely when power cable is removed or when laptop screen is closed down. I am reluctant to buy a  new battery in case it does not resolve the issue.  Computer is not that old and was rarely used until only recently. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Battery-will-not-charge-laptop-dies-when-power-disconnected/td-p/5690995
Relevancy 58.91%

Dear readers as the title states my laptop randomly shut down twice so far when the battery was inside but the AC power cable was in the computer The battery icon bottom left indicated that it was charged running on AC power on High Performance and when I was in a game it randomly went off Rebooted quicker than (when when randomly power is down running shuts inside) AC on battery Laptop usual skipping some of the startup processes it usually does when I manually turn it off The first time it did this the battery was Laptop randomly shuts down when running on AC power (when battery is inside) very hot even though it was running on AC This time it is not it is barely warm Another thing to mention is that both times after being back in desktop the battery would be quot available plugged in charging quot but it would not charge it stays at until I remove it and put it back in I am having a problem while playing games as well which we are discussing in another thread here http forums techguy org games -significant-fps-drops html And here is my original thread http forums techguy org games -large-fps-performance-drop-stuttering html post Hope someone has some insight on the matter Kindest regards Vadim Zinkovski nbsp

A:Laptop randomly shuts down when running on AC power (when battery is inside)

Hi,
Some batteries can't take the electricity constantly flowing threw them i suggest you take the battery out when you plug it in the wall and put it in when your on the go. You battery does work still when you unplugg it from the wall right? And im guessing when your battery starts to fail it switches to "power saver" mode instead of "high performance" mode.
so take out the battery and plug it into the wall, store the battery until well until you need it. Hope this helps.
Also could be the result of a faulty battery..How long have you had your laptop?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-randomly-shuts-down-when-running-on-ac-power-when-battery-is-inside.864646/
Relevancy 58.91%

First of all Im pretty tech savy so you can talk to me in technical terms Ive repaired countless computers for many people and I never or Instant Power of Adapter Battery Not Laptop. Crash. Loss on AC came across anything like this This is the problem Sometimes when I move my laptop or even type there is a complete loss of power Everything completely shuts off It happens whether my laptop is plugged in the AC adapter or not I bought a new battery just in case it was that and its still happening even with the new battery Event Viewer System logs tell me nothing except that is recovered from an unexpected shutdown I suspected that maybe there was something loose inside so I took the laptop completely apart and put it back together still im getting the same loss of power Now Loss of Power on Laptop. Instant Crash. Not Battery or AC Adapter here's a hint that can possible be causing this When I get this loss of power I cant turn back on my computer unless I unplug the AC adapter and remove the battery for a few seconds and put it back in Any idea's guys Ive searched the web and havent found much on this issue nor a resolution so if we do find a solution bleepingcomputer com might be one of the first to figure it out If need be give me a better suggestion for the title of this thread so it can be searched for easier Thanks in advance guys lets see if we can figure this out

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/591015/loss-of-power-on-laptop-instant-crash-not-battery-or-ac-adapter/
Relevancy 58.91%

I've read around a bit but nothing seems to be fixing my problem. My battery on my laptop died a few months back. I got the battery replaced last month and ever since I've been experiencing the BSOD for power driver failure once or twice a day. It rarely occurs while the laptop is in use. It's only when I open the laptop to restore it from sleep that I find it has crashed. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

A:BSOD After Replacing Battery on Laptop, Power Driver Failure

Hello and welcome to Seven Forums.

Please upload your msinfo32.nfo file. To get this: Start Menu -> Type msinfo32 into the Search programs and files box -> When it opens, go to File, Save -> Save as msinfo32.nfo and save in a place you will remember -> Let it finish the process of gathering and saving the system info -> Right click the .nfo file, click send to compressed (zipped) folder -> Upload the .zip file here.

Please upload your msinfo32.txt file. To get this: Start Menu -> Type msinfo32 into the Search programs and files box -> When it opens, go to File, Export -> Save as msinfo32.txt and save in a place you will remember -> Let it finish the process of gathering and saving the system info -> Right click the .txt file, click send to compressed (zipped) folder -> Upload the .zip file here.

Have you reported this issue to the place you got the battery replaced from?

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa80080b0060, fffff80004fb53d8, fffffa800fa97950}

Probably caused by : pci.sys

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
A driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a specific time (usually 10 minutes).
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time
Arg2: fffffa80080b0060, Physical Device Object of the stack
Arg3: fffff80004fb53d8, nt!TRIAGE_9F_POWER on Win7, otherwise the Functional Device Object of the stack
Arg4: fffffa800fa97950, The blocked IRP

Debugging Details:
------------------

DRVPOWERSTATE_SUBCODE: 3

IMAGE_NAME: pci.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4ce7928f

MODULE_NAME: pci

FAULTING_MODULE: fffff88000e00000 pci

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

TAG_NOT_DEFINED_c000000f: FFFFF80004FBBFB0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff800`04fb5388 fffff800`02eff8c2 : 00000000`0000009f 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`080b0060 fffff800`04fb53d8 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff800`04fb5390 fffff800`02e9a84c : fffff800`04fb54d8 fffff800`04fb54d8 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x33af0
fffff800`04fb5430 fffff800`02e9a6e6 : fffffa80`0c2e6ab8 fffffa80`0c2e6ab8 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiProcessTimerDpcTable+0x6c
fffff800`04fb54a0 fffff800`02e9a5ce : 0000019a`b2042536 fffff800`04fb5b18 00000000`00ac8877 fffff800`0300e168 : nt!KiProcessExpiredTimerList+0xc6
fffff800`04fb5af0 fffff800`02e9a3b7 : 0000005c`03767bc6 0000005c`00ac8877 0000005c`03767b26 00000000`00000077 : nt!KiTimerExpiration+0x1be
fffff800`04fb5b90 fffff800`02e8790a : fffff800`0300ae80 fffff800`03018cc0 00000000`00000002 fffff880`00000000 : nt!KiRetireDpcList+0x277
fffff800`04fb5c40 00000000`00000000 : fffff800`04fb6000 fffff800`04fb0000 fffff800`04fb5c00 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiIdleLoop+0x5a

STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x9F_3_NETwNs64_IMAGE_pci.sys

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x9F_3_NETwNs64_IMAGE_pci.sys

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/290002-bsod-after-replacing-battery-laptop-power-driver-failure.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello, Tech Guy forums

So my laptop, which I got last December, freezes when running games (WoW, Champions Online, Aion are a few examples) on anything but power saver. Both Balanced and High Performance cause me to crash anywhere from 5-30 minutes after loading it up.

What happens is: I'll usually be doing some questing or whatnot and out of the blue for no known reason the entire computer just freezes. The sound cuts off, I'm unable to move the mouse. It stays this way unless I hold the power button to turn it off.

This problem is nonexistent when my laptop is set to Power Saver, which poses a problem as it causes low framerate when playing.

If anyone has any suggestions/questions/answers I'd love to hear em' ^^

A:Laptop freezes when running games with battery on anything but power saver

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-freezes-when-running-games-with-battery-on-anything-but-power-saver.874329/
Relevancy 58.91%

laptop battery is full, what happend if main power will fail for 10 minute during recovery setup. can it create a problem in resetting

A:laptop battery is full. what happend if main power will fail

Ideally you want mains power when in any setup, reset/recovery (to factory state) or restoring an image. Battery only "ought" to be OK as long the time required for the reset/recovery is well within the battery's available power time (if you see what I mean).Mac systems appear to insist on it baed on my own (limited) experience with them.If on mains, full battery and mains fails some time during the reset etc., as long as time left is within battery's time - ought to be OK.Just make sure before you do any form of reset etc., that any personal files (photos, music not the least) are safely duplicated off the system - to DVD at least; and verify the copies are OK before going any further.Others here may have different views; so wait and see what they add...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/laptop-battery-is-full-what-happend-if-main-power-will-fail/2211.html
Relevancy 58.48%

What  will happen if I remove the battery of a laptop and press the power button for 30 seconds??
Can anyone explain me in detail please!

A:What will happen if I remove the battery of a laptop and press the power button for 30 seconds??

It is a system reset - it resets the firmware to factory defaults.  If something is stored in CMOS that's preventing a boot, it will clear that -- it's a last ditch effort to confirm the fault lies elsewhere (usually with the mainboard).

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994741
Relevancy 58.48%

Read here for instructions.

What it fixes:

Period of time before the computer goes to sleep is set too long

Screen saver is used instead of setting the computer to enter sleep mode

Display brightness is set too high

Power plan is not set to the most efficient power plan

Wireless adaptor in not optimized for power saving

Minimum processor state is set too high

-----------------------------------------------------------------

A:Laptop/Notebook Users - Battery Life And Power Consumption Fix From Microsoft

flavallee said:

Read here for instructions.

What it fixes:

Period of time before the computer goes to sleep is set too long

Screen saver is used instead of setting the computer to enter sleep mode

Display brightness is set too high

Power plan is not set to the most efficient power plan

Wireless adaptor in not optimized for power saving

Minimum processor state is set too high

-----------------------------------------------------------------Click to expand...

My laptop (Dell Inspiron 1501) runs XP Home SP3 and this is what I got at the link provided.

We're sorry, but your operating system is not supported by Microsoft Fix it at this time.Click to expand...

Any idea what that is about? Perhaps my Firewall (Comodo)? No popup from it.

Not a biggie for me as I'm somewhat skeptical of anything automatic MS comes out with. But I am curious as to why my system is not supported by MS Fix.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-notebook-users-battery-life-and-power-consumption-fix-from-microsoft.1007555/
Relevancy 57.62%

I just received my replacment AC adaptor. I put my battery back in and plugged the laptop in, but when i push the power button the battery indicator light flashes red four times. There are no lights on. Does this mean my battery is fried. Originally i thought the jack needed replaced, but the guy told me it was just my cord which Best Buy confirmed. So after getting the new cord i have this new problem. Usally there is a battery indicator light on when the battery is in and it is plugged in. I tryed taking out the battery, unplugging it and holding the power button down, but that didnt work. I also tryed it without the battery in. Is my battery just bad? Thanks for any help.

Thank you,
Dan

A:Solved: battery indicator light flashing red when power button on my laptop is pushed

Try plugging the laptop in and then push the power button. I have had the same thing happen to me when the laptop would only work when I had it plugged in. I had to replace the battery.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-battery-indicator-light-flashing-red-when-power-button-on-my-laptop-is-pushed.983626/
Relevancy 57.19%

I'm wondering if there are any recommended external extended runtime battery options for the 7710 series laptop.
I see dell now has some external add-on battery options for longer runtime for the 5510 -- the Dell Power Companion 1800 mAh
accessories.us.dell.com/.../ProductDetail.aspx
but I assume it must not have sufficient output for the 17" 7700 series.
Is there an equivalent product for the 7700 series? I'd like to add 12 hours of runtime for a location that may have a few power outages a year and wouldn't mind buying a couple or few of these devices if there were one which was compatible.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990705
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,

Vista is retrieving me the error message that it is not able to retrieve the power parameters.
Do i need to install a softawre to allow me to access those parameters ?

Thanks for you feedback,

Rgds,

F,

A:Battery - Vista is not able the retrieve the power options for the battery

Hi

To be honest I have no idea what you are talking about.
The Vista power options are a part of the Vista OS and you don?t need to install anything.

But on Toshiba notebook the Vista power option would be extended by some Toshiba power options.
Are you speaking about this Power Saver options?
If yes, then I would recommend reinstalling the VAP (value added package) because these power options are a part of VAP.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?56712-Battery-Vista-is-not-able-the-retrieve-the-power-options-for-the-battery
Relevancy 54.18%

Over the last few months I noticed that the battery meter on my Dell Inspiron E laptop was blinking red to green and back so having had this laptop for several years I assumed that I would need a new battery soon The adapter power cord was also beginning to lose some of its covering near the plug in site so I ordered both a new battery and power cord That was about weeks ago Upon receiving my order I was very pleased to see that when I installed the new battery and new cord the battery already had some charge I didn t note how much I felt relieved to have my mind at ease that adaptor Combo recognized power battery not battery and but all was now well with my computer little did I know that I d be Combo battery and power adaptor but battery not recognized needing help less than two weeks later Important note I very rarely use my laptop without the power cord past experience proved to be frustrating because I always needed more time than the battery provided I ve probably only used the laptop quot on battery quot a few dozen times over the last years Now I am in a dilemma Yesterday I took the laptop with me out of town when my husband and I did some real estate hunting Instead of using the laptop on battery we had it plugged into a special power converter for use in the car I noticed that whenever we stopped and turned off the ignition the laptop would lose it s power immediately and as we resumed our travel I d have to Combo battery and power adaptor but battery not recognized restart the computer and there would be the quot black amp white quot warning screen about the computer not being shut down properly We had not used the laptop at home for a Combo battery and power adaptor but battery not recognized few days so I thought it was just a problem of quot low battery quot so I just restarted it in normal mode I didn t even look at the battery meter My husband and I stopped for lunch at a local quot McDonald s quot which had wifi so we could continue our homes search on the web Rather than bring the power cord inside I decided to use the laptop quot on battery quot and quot Zap quot to my dismay and utter quot shock quot it wouldn t even power up I just went out to the car grabbed the cord plugged it in and began my research over lunch I didn t even notice that the battery meter was not illuminated That was yesterday Now about hours later I notice the problem and the icon in the tray shows the red X over the power cord that no battery is detected I thought that maybe since I hadn t used the laptop in a few days the new battery had quot died quot but I didn t think it had REALLY DIED For the last couple of hours I ve been seeking help about this issue online I ve tried some of the advice mentioned on response posts which applied to other similar experiences on this forum and even on Dell s website but I haven t had any success with those suggestions I ve seen a few posts about it being the motherboard I m not tech-savvy enough to know what will happen if I don t quot fix quot this problem immediately I m not sure what I should do next I do hope that it can be resolved without having to replace the computer Any suggestions We live in a rural area and I haven t had to use computer repair services before All my issues before have been resolved easily with a phone call to Dell We are several years past the warranty period Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks NC Campbells Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon X Microsoft Corporation - WDDM Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc XD Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/combo-battery-and-power-adaptor-but-battery-not-recognized.1038730/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a Compaq M2000 with XP. Recently, the AC adaptor quit charging the battery and it won't run on AC by itself. I tried two other AC adaptors and still no power. Since it will still run on batteries, but not on AC and will not charge, I'm thinking it is the DC Jack? On the M2000, the DC adaptor jack actually plugs into the motherboard instead of being built into it. I've never noticed any problems before, it just suddenly quit charging and running on AC. Any ideas?

Relevancy 53.32%

This brand new Spectre drops 1% battery level per every minute! (IN battery sver mode at 25% brightness!)I think it is a construction issue I cannot imagine fine tune tricks can help me to achieve the advertised 9 hour.Any idea what to switch off at least to improve a bit the battery life until I got answer to my official ticket? thank you and best regards,Lajos

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/HP-Spectre-Pro-13-G1-Notebook-PC-battery-runs-dry-within-95/td-p/5756520
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi nbsp I have a year old Elitebook G that works great I've updated to Windows last september and I'm happy with the significant performance and application improvements The only problem i'm having is battery life The original battery that came with the unit lasted only from Feburary to March before needing a charge every hours and i'm facing the same problem with my nbsp new genuine HP battery I'm down to hours between a charge on power saver mode I only use my laptop for browsing the web at intervals and typing word documents nbsp nbsp I know this isn't an issue relating to Windows because the computer came with Windows Pro installed and the Battery Very Quickly Runs EliteBook Out HP first battery died while I was using that There have only been full charging cycles so far HP EliteBook Battery Runs Out Very Quickly and I don't want to buy another battery Please help nbsp What i've tried - Setting BIOS settings to Default - Run all component tests in BIOS all passed - unplugging everything and cleaning the contacts between the battery and the laptop- Checked the physical battery condition like new nbsp Both battery models are CM XL Thanks - Luke

A:HP EliteBook Battery Runs Out Very Quickly

Hi Luke Try updating the bios to at least F.33 if not already there. http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5405097&swItemId=ob_160587_1&swEnvOid=419... The battery is adressed in F.33 You may also want to download HP suport Assistant and run the battery check that is in it. http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5405097&swItemId=ob_156729_1&swEnvOid=419... The battery you referenced is a long life battery and carries a 3 year warranty.  Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again * * * * * Click the "Purple Thumbs Up Icon in the lower right corner of a post" to say thanks * * * * ** * * * * Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem * * * * *Regards,FreddyAlthough I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/HP-EliteBook-Battery-Runs-Out-Very-Quickly/td-p/5576989
Relevancy 52.89%

im using the hp g1 280 mT it has a power supply of 180w. My question is what is the power draw from the graphics card slot and if it is a pcie2.0 or pcie 3.0. im asking this because i have  a 1050ti and it uses only 75watts and nothing more to be more specific it uses 74.5w max i havent yet put it in. im just wondering if it will work with my  pc.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/pcie-x16-power-slot/td-p/5846149
Relevancy 52.89%

im using the hp g1 280 mT it has a power supply of 180w. My question is what is the power draw from the graphics card slot and if it is a pcie2.0 or pcie 3.0. im asking this because i have  a 1050ti and it uses only 75watts and nothing more to be more specific it uses 74.5w max i havent yet put it in. im just wondering if it will work with my  pc.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/pcie-x16-power-slot/td-p/5846149
Relevancy 52.89%

Hope someone can help. I am using my Elitebook to record music via a Presonus 16.0.2 into a Startech firewire expresscard and into the HP. With the HP running on battery power all works as should - the Presonus shows up and I'm able to record. As soon as I plug the HP into it's 120w wall  power supply, a message appears from HP's smart adapter saying that there is not enough power - the Presonus then disappears from the Device manager. I'm assuming that with the power plugged in the expresscard slot is running on limited power, Is there a way that I can prioritise power to the expresscard slot ? Or any other suggestions on how I can fix this - trying to record live bands on battery power alone makes the laptop next to useless. thnaksPeter

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Power-to-Expresscard-slot/td-p/5702831
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a v c leanovo with these specs nbsp nbsp - Processor Intel Core i - M CPU GHz GHz- RAM Gb usable orignal GB added a second memory GB - System type Windows -bit x -based processer- Graphic NVIDIA GeForce M nbsp nbsp I have two problems I'm from Yemen where Power is not constant It would be off for the entire day then back on at night everyday And I have a battery at my room battery up v580c runs quickly and out heats My that saves up to Am and it lasts around to hours for me leaving about to hours of gap were there's no electricity My laptop battery is suppose to last about to hours but it lasts only around or mins Is there a sulotion to this problem nbsp nbsp The second problem is that the laptop heats up a lot sometimes it gets so hot I can't put it on my lap nbsp and I'm afraid this My v580c heats up and battery runs out quickly may hurt some of the devices inside the laptop I don't know if the fan is running but there's heat coming out of the fan window nbsp nbsp If you can help me please do there are not much good IT engineers around here I'm worried they make it worse I want to keep them as a last resort nbsp nbsp Thank you nbsp

A:My v580c heats up and battery runs out quickly

Hi Noon2015,        

Welcome to the Forums  

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with system overheating in your Lenovo V580c laptop.

As you have mentioned that the system overheats, try to clean the fan through dust removal from the energy manager. Go to energy manager select maintenance and guide and select run under dust removal option.

For low battery backup try to perform the battery gauge reset and check for the issue.

Let us know the result.

Best regards,         

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-C-E-K-M-N-and-V-Series/My-v580c-heats-up-and-battery-runs-out-quickly/td-p/2198701
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi everyone,

I have bought the Toshiba Satellite P855-10G, but i?m terrified because he runs out of battery even when turned off..
Anyone knows how can i solve the issue?

Best regards,
Igor Tarelho

A:Satellite P855-10G runs out of battery even when turned off

Hi

Access the BIOS and turn OFF the options like: Waking up on LAN and Keyboard.
In Toshiba HW Setup I recommend disabling the USB Sleep and Charge function as well?

Both enabled options might allow discharging the battery even if the unit is OFF

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?69181-Satellite-P855-10G-runs-out-of-battery-even-when-turned-off
Relevancy 52.89%

I have an HP Envy that is about 2 years old and it is running windows 10. I have recently started noticing that it will shut off when I close the lid, it does not allow me to put it in to "sleep", and the battery runs down very quickly, while also getting very hot and it does not let me adjust the brightness level. It started doing this about 1.5 months ago and seemed to resolve when I did some sofeware updates. The problem has sense reoccured again twice. Is there anything that I can do to fix it on my own?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-envy-shuts-down-when-lid-is-closed-and-runs-down-battery/td-p/5707508
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi everyone I ve had a problem lately with my PC suddenly losing power It then tries to start up again for a second but then loses power A second later it tries to boot again then on Power slot motherboard. problem turns off again The case fans spin each time Only the CPU fan doesn t go The GPu lights up too I ve had success fixing it by either wiggling the ATX connector or unplugging it and plugging it back in but that didn t work this time I think I ve narrowed it down to the slot where the main PSU cord plugs into my motherboard I had pretty much everything else unplugged and it was failing to start up Then I put my old PSU in and it worked right away After that I put my normal PSU back in and it worked right away after that I think there s something wrong with the slot because I noticed one of the pins don t look right compared to the rest Here s a pic Sorry if its hard to tell but that indicated pin looks different I m assuming that as the parts heat up that it loses connection or something Is this one pin something I can clean somehow I don t know why switching PSU s then switching back made it work again nbsp

A:Power slot problem on motherboard.

Please post your system specs, To include Make and model System if Big Box, or same info for the following if custom or home built, Mother Board (including Revision number), Processor (Exact Model Number), Ram, Video Card, Hdd(s), Optical Drive(s), Power Supply Manufacturer Model, Wattage and Amperage on the +12V Rails, OS, and any other peripherals installed on the motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-slot-problem-on-motherboard.1142619/
Relevancy 52.46%

My LENOVO 100S-14IBR which I have since january 2016 runs down very quickly (within 15 minutes) to 8% and stays there (for hours). So, the battery seems to working fine but the indicator acts incorrectly. How can I solve this as I cannot monitor anymore the actual status of the battery.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/LENOVO-100S-14IBR-battery-indicator-runs-down-very-fast/td-p/3338399
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi there, new here.

Just recently updated to Windows 8.1 via Windows 8's Store. One thing I've noticed, though, is that two tasks - Idle Maintenance and Regular Maintenance run when I'm on battery as opposed to just when I'm on power (I use a laptop). Curious, I looked in Task Scheduler and found that both of these tasks have the option "Start the task only if the computer is on AC power" is set to OFF. Whenever I try to change it, it does work...until those tasks run again, where they reset to what they were. I even tried disabling them and they still came on when I booted up the next time.

Please help. I really don't want to have to keep setting these and/or staying on power.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/33857-windows-8-1-idle-auto-maintenance-runs-battery.html
Relevancy 52.03%

i have tried to power it up with power ac plugged in and without. on/off power button flashes white.
battery is inside "sealed" and may be difficult to access.
ran fine yesterday, shut down with 20% battery life.

if the ac plug is unplugged then i can get the led to turn off but once pushed, it ony flashes. no results

warranty is expired.
unit manufactured april 23 2015

i currently have it plugged in but no flashing light as i have not pushed the power button. im hoping that it will take a charge or correct itself with time.

what do you suggest? thank you

A:i have a lenovo edge 15 model80k9. led power light is blinking but computer will not repond. no power up . the battery is "s

Try the following...

1. Take out (or take it off) the charger.
2. Next take out the battery
3. Now hold down power button for 20 seconds and then rinsert battery.
4. Now put it on the charger again

NOTE: Make sure charger is plugged into the main power supply (not an extension cord, surge protector, etc.)

Sometimes, when the device is not plugged in directly, it doesn't get the power it needs. Holding the power button, while you restart it, clears out the temporary ram (no it won't delete anything you have saved) and will give the device access to the ram it needs.

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3123715/lenovo-edge-model80k9-led-power-light-blinking-computer-repond-power-battery.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,

Am new here but long-time Windows uses since Win95.
Currently have a DELL E6530 and it gave me a BSOD Event 41 Error while on batteries! Looking around Google and other forums, this transpires to be a PSU related problem, but it's a laptop, and was running on batteries at the time the BSOD happened. System was idling at the time. Running Win 7 Pro 64, as supplied by DELL.

Thanks in advance for any input...

Kind regards

A:DELL E6530 Event 41, Kernel-Power on battery power

Follow the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

Without dump files, nobody can help you as to the cause of your shutdown.

The kernel power event ID 41 error occurs when the computer is shut down, or it restarts unexpectedly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/364358-dell-e6530-event-41-kernel-power-battery-power.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello this is my second Battery Showing Power Not Icon Power Status XP Windows post on this website and I hope I m posting in the correct category Here s Windows XP Power Icon Battery Power Status Not Showing the problem I m having and I hope someone can help I ve just repaired Windows Windows XP Power Icon Battery Power Status Not Showing XP and its now booting up great however the battery icon in the bottom left has a symbol the icon showing is a quot plug quot as if my laptop is plugged in and it never shows how much battery life I have weather my laptop is plugged in or not I know my battery isn t failing or is damaged because I checked it with another hard drive that has windows XP and with Dell Diagnostics and the battery icon shows up normally i e showing me how much battery life I have left I ve been reading up on this and I think Windows XP s quot Power Manager quot thinks or act as if I m on a Desktop when I quot m on a laptop Please Help lol

A:Windows XP Power Icon Battery Power Status Not Showing

Hello -Did the battery Icon ever work when you were in "Malware Removal" forum with Elise ??Please list your Dell model -Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/462761/windows-xp-power-icon-battery-power-status-not-showing/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a IBM Thinkpad X with Ghz Core i and laptop and the power without Ghz battery X201 2.4 1.2Ghz at Core Thinkpad only HOT i5 COOL ... - runs supply were both getting VERY hot I decided to remove the battery and see if it would run cooler if the laptop was running at the same time and not having to charge battery Sure enough the laptop was cooler no longer rd degree burns to hands or lap at bottom of laptop and power supply was no longer feeling like it was going to melt into a pool of molten plastic All temps Thinkpad X201 - HOT Core i5 2.4 Ghz ... only runs at 1.2Ghz without battery COOL back to how a laptop should feel for heat output nbsp BUT I noticed that the BOINC Asteroids program that I run Thinkpad X201 - HOT Core i5 2.4 Ghz ... only runs at 1.2Ghz without battery COOL on it when idle now was saying that it was going to take hours to complete project tasks instead of normally less than hours Its running Linux Mint Cinnamon and I installed i z to it and it shows the core use and frequency and sure enough its running full tilt CPU use but only at Mhz I shut it down and install battery and bring it back online and its back to Mhz with i z This is the strangest thing because I never expected a laptop to downclock itself if no battery was present Looking online I saw some stuff about going into the BIOS and setting performance to MAX on AC power Did that and whats strange is that before it boots the OS I can hear the fan racing and pumping out heat and as soon as the Linux Mint OS loads it calms so not sure if its hardware or OS related as to the downclock to Mhz from Mhz when running without battery Thing is if I get the CPU back to Ghz without battery it might roast again so I m sort of split in the decision to find a work around to where there is no battery having to charge adding load to the power supply and laptop while the laptop is also in use or just leave it be and let it run cooler at Ghz and take x longer to complete each work unit for the BOINC project Figured I d share this hear to make others aware of this underclock feature that I guess Thinkpads do when powered with no battery present as well as get some input on suggestions of how to get the clock back to Ghz without battery or a way to fix the fact that both the laptop and its power supply roast when running full tilt at Ghz with this Core i M Saw that IBM has a battery recall for fires but the part number of my battery isnt included in the recall however a part number of T and T there is a T xx battery that is part of recall so thats why i wanted to do without the battery because maybe the problem runs earlier in production and not looking to have a Lithium Fire and lose the house etc Other thing to mention is that the fan for CPU only kicks on when its roasting hot and needs to cool itself I was looking around for a way to force the fan to run of the time at full speed Opened up the laptop and applied new arctic silver thermal compound thinking maybe that would help and no change Tempted to snip the volt wire and solder it to a volt source on the main board to force it to stay on all the time when powered as for it goes through hot and cold cycles If it was running all the time it would force max airflow across all components all the time and should level out the temp of the laptop at a cooler temp than rd degree burn hot and then fan kicks in to cool and then laptop not so burning hot to touch and then it heats back up again and nbsp goes through this blistering hot and uncomfortably warm cycle when battery connected with or without wall power Looking at CPU temp it rises into the C range and then drops to C when fan kicks on at Ghz At Ghz the laptop is running between C and C Not sure what the emergency shutdown temp is for the CPU in this small laptop but I think C is the starting temp threshold for some systems to alarm and shutdown at C No option in BIOS to adjust or see what its shutdown temp is rated set for For the fact that the CPU reports... Read more

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,158058.0.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Battery Issue - Lenovo V570 (Laptop) - Battery Model L09S6Y02

First off I for the most part do not use the battery. It is normally detached from the laptop. I only attach it to periodically charge it and test prior existing charges' performance.

O.K. here is the problem. I attach battery attachment, computer does not make it to the window screen more often than not. When it does, it freezes at the please wait loading screen.

I rarely use the battery at all, but I want all my equipment up and functional. It's life should still be good for I periodically recharge it. I think since I've had the laptop I've only recharged it a total of 6 or 7 times and that's been a year or so.

A:Battery Issue - Lenovo V570 (Laptop) - Battery Model L09S6Y02

jonasdatum said:

Battery Issue - Lenovo V570 (Laptop) - Battery Model L09S6Y02

O.K. here is the problem. I attach battery attachment, computer does not make it to the window screen more often than not. When it does, it freezes at the please wait loading screen.

I rarely use the battery at all, but I want all my equipment up and functional. It's life should still be good for I periodically recharge it. I think since I've had the laptop I've only recharged it a total of 6 or 7 times and that's been a year or so.Click to expand...

I, for the moment at least have the battery working power adapter attached. What did I do? I uninstalled Avast (freeware version) ?

I learned from prior experience that running two of any system utility software can cause problems, but it normally restricts itself to what it is protecting. Then I remembered: "If you remove the possible whatever is left however in probable must be the truth."

Next phase of testing is test the battery on it's own.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/battery-issue-lenovo-v570-laptop-battery-model-l09s6y02.1089994/