Windows Support Forum

Tried switching HD 5770 to HD 6770, fans just spin and no display

Q: Tried switching HD 5770 to HD 6770, fans just spin and no display

MSI 770-C45 AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard
OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W Modular High Performance Power Supply
XFX HD-577A-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 - old video card
ASUS EAH6770/DI/1GD5 Radeon HD 6770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 - new video card

Replaced failing Radeon 5770 with Radeon 6770 and now it won't work.

Motherboard LEDs turn on, CPU and case fans turn on. Graphics card fan turns on and then keeps cycling faster-slower every five seconds or so. No signal through VGA or DVI.
The problem persists even when I put the old card back in. What could have gone wrong?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Tried switching HD 5770 to HD 6770, fans just spin and no display

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Tried switching HD 5770 to HD 6770, fans just spin and no display

Any ideas, anyone?

Tried:

Reseating RAM
Resetting CMOD
Reseating both cards
Different cable from PSU to card
Dusting all components thoroughly

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tried-switching-hd-5770-to-hd-6770-fans-just-spin-and-no-display.174170/
Relevancy 92.88%

My computer died on me about a month ago The screen suddenly froze one day while idling I tried to fans no no no post, beeps, only spin display, restart and I got no post no display no beep code only the fans no post, no beeps, no display, only fans spin spin and power button no post, no beeps, no display, only fans spin light goes on It s an old used gaming rig I did not build it I got it for free years ago ancient from a tech guy I used to know I ve had problems with it before and had to replace a few parts over the years the most recent being a new Power Supply from newegg Anyways I guess it s finally time for an upgrade Money is tight for me right now and I gather it s more cost efficient to just build a new system from current low-end parts rather than buying old parts for an old system So I plan to buy new MoBo CPU RAM and recycle as much as I can from the old computer Case Power Supply Video Card HDD etc Which is why I want to know what could have caused this kind of failure in case it s one of the parts I plan on recycling I suspect it s the CPU that died but I m a bit of noob when it comes to hardware and I m not sure Could it be the Video Card or Power supply that caused this nbsp

A:no post, no beeps, no display, only fans spin

CPUs are actually pretty hard to hurt unless you overclock/overvolt them or physically damage them while installing.

First of all, post ALL of your parts; no one knows what you are working on except you. In addition, post the exact pw supply you installed. Just because it is new does not mean it is working or that it is a quality unit. Newegg sells high end pw supplies and they also sell junk pw supplies.

If you are intending to replace the mb, cpu, and ram, I would also add a new case and hard drive. Both cases and hard drives have come a LONG way in the last 6yrs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-post-no-beeps-no-display-only-fans-spin.1081568/
Relevancy 92.88%

i was gaming one day and all of a sudden my pc froze and got a black screen so i rebooted my pc and As soon as i power on my PC psu and gpu fans do not spin at all but the other fans in the case is working. monitors all function properly they just recieve no signal from my gpu. hope its not my gpu that died. what can i do to fix this

A:PC powers on, No Display, psu and gpu fans doesn't spin.

1st thing to do is
post your computer spec's incl' power supply make/model

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-powers-on-no-display-psu-and-gpu-fans-doesnt-spin.1154558/
Relevancy 90.73%

hi my desktop crashed the other day and it was suggested that i get a new computer so in the meantime i set up a temporary system from leftover hardware from past machines til i get some money for a new computer this temporary system is using a p ht ghz processor with gb of but display on fans spin, drive no spins, hard boot ram and a radeon x graphics card on fans spin, hard drive spins, but no display on boot my lanparty x-t mobo i booted the system initially without the graphics card and i got the normal system beep and the cpu fan spun and the hdd spun and everything sounded good so i put an old radeon x graphics card in and started it up and there was no display on the monitor but everything still was spinning sounded good i figured it was a problem with the video card so i got a new radeon x fans spin, hard drive spins, but no display on boot from a friend and tried that and got the same problem then i transfered everything to an fans spin, hard drive spins, but no display on boot identical lanparty mobo when i ordered the board they sent for some reason and was having the same problem so i figured it was the monitor but i tried the monitor on my brothers desktop and it worked fine im not sure what else to try any help would be greatly appreciated thanks -vito nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fans-spin-hard-drive-spins-but-no-display-on-boot.630197/
Relevancy 73.96%

I have a custom pc wich has developed a fault. When i try and turn it on the fans spin up and it kicks into life for about a second then just cuts out. After about 3 seconds it then tries again. At first i thorough it would be the power supply but I tried replacing that and nothing. When you start it with no ram the computer starts up successfully and beeps implying the memory error. Also, when you boot without the 4 pin connecter going to the CPU plugged in it also starts up ok ( but without cpu ). For this reason i would think its the CPU that has gone. I have tried re beding it and the heat sink. Any ideas??

Spec:
Intel i7 820 cpu
8 gb DDR3 ram (PNY in 2gb sticks)
Nvidia GT120 graphics card
Pegatron mother board
Coolmasters HAF 932 case

Relevancy 73.1%

Fans spin then it shuts off
Have tried sons power lead no good
have taken all cards out and memory sticks one at a time still nothing
checked for loose connectors and cleaned the spiders out

i am about to get a hammer

Relevancy 73.1%

ok...my pc will not boot at all.when i turn it on i hear nothing except for fans...no beeps...the only way i hear the harddrive is to unplug it from the motherboard. anyway theres no bios or nothing...this all happeneed when i removed the heat sink to see what procsesser i have(big mistake) but at least i no know.... i put the processer and heatsink back on properly at least to my knowledge,,,

specs

western digital harddrive 80gb
768mb of ram pc2700
dell 2400 motherboard
intel celeron 2.4ghz
geforce 128mb videocard pci

A:my pc will not boot...fans just spin.....

Hi there, and welcome to Techspot.

When you placed the CPU back in the motherboard, did it just slide in softly, or ..... did some pins bend?

I'd take the CPU out again and have a look at the CPU pins to see if any are bent.

When you put the heatsink back on the CPU, did you clean off the old thermal paste and apply some new goo? You need to. Thermal pads/paste are usually no good once you break that seal. You need to buy some thermal paste and after cleaning the old stuff off, apply the new.

Also, what do you mean when you say:

the only way i hear the harddrive is to unplug it from the motherboardClick to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-pc-will-not-boot-fans-just-spin.51251/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi After intensive search in this forum I m posting my problem I d assembled a System in Oct with OS Win POST All but fans spin NO K It worked well for an year I decided to upgrade the OS to WinXP While upgrading I noticed during one of the reboots that the welcome page All fans spin but NO POST before POST began had shown as Celeron D whereas the All fans spin but NO POST system I had built was Pentium IV Ghz Anyway I completed upgrading the System to WinXP During subsequent restarts I observed that at least out of times welcome page showed as Celeron D Out of curiosity I opened the heat sink to reconfirm the make of the CPU It was marked as Pentium IV GHz Reassembled everything back Configuration of my system is as below ---------------------------------------------- CPU-Intel Pentium IV All fans spin but NO POST GHz MB-Intel D GBF RAM- MB MHz Now x MB MHz Seagate GB PSU Watts ATX Tower Cabinet with In Fan Out Fan LG CD writer Now I started facing the series of actual problems unch ------------------------------------------------------------ The System works well as long as I run ordinary programs Idle conditions the CPU zone temp is to C max Any low end games will raise the CPU temp to to C max And high end games will raise temp above that amp system will freeze Well the system can be used for several hours in idle condition or with ordinary software but the system DOES NOT START even after normal shut down After normal shut down and wall power taken off when the system is powered back again the CPU amp Cabinet fans run and NO DISPLAY NO POST NO BEEP I tried all possible methods to identify the problems through reading the Intel website Forums etc Some of the quick solutions were like CMOS battery change Bios recovery RAM replacement PSU replacement and reassembling the parts one-by-one in sequence etc Nothing worked Finally I could start the system by removing the CPU amp reseating it again placing the heat sink back with thermal paste But the problem starts again when the system is restarted But the problem is solved temporarily every time by reseating the CPU And no other methods mentioned in sl no work My first question is which out of CPU amp MB has gone bad or both of them And next Q is Can the problem be resolved in any tricky method or should I try returning the CPU MB Intel Thanks to all amp welcome with some genuine solutions nbsp

A:All fans spin but NO POST

The first thing I would do in this case is reflash the BIOS with the latest update from the motherboard manufacturer's site.

Because the Celeron D is a dual-core processor and the installed processor is a standard Pentium 4.

But you have only done a BIOS recovery, which is flashing the same BIOS file.

Did you get a new BIOS file from the maker's site, even if it isn't an update?

How does CPU-Z from http://www.cpuid.com/ ID the processor?

Have you checked the processor and the socket with a magnifying glass to make sure that there is nothing in the socket or on the contacts on the CPU that is making that happen?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/all-fans-spin-but-no-post.43432/
Relevancy 73.1%

Okay so I have a Gigabyte S-series mobo w/ a dual core intel processor, BFG 650 watt power supply, Nvida 256 mb Gforce fx 5500 graphics card.

(This may go in hardware forum actually, but it confused me. Mods are free to move it there if they wish..)

At first, nothing would spin, but I'm genuis like that. A flip of the switch on the back to set it at 115 fixed that and I thought I was good to go again. But now, I get no beeps only fans. It is supposed to beep right? I've made sure the power is mounted to the board.

Relevancy 72.67%

Hi ive built my pc ages ago, but recently ive moved it into another room, and now it dosent work??!! All of the fans spin up, ,the mobo gets power because all of the light on it light up. Whats weird is that the GPU fan ramps up the goes steady, ramps up the goes steady over and over. Oh ye there is also no beep at all.like I said it worked yesterday perfectly but now..........not so much.
Thanks for all of your help
Nik11105

A:All fans spin up, everything working, no POST

Sounds as if something has moved in it's socket, as you moved it from room to room. Most likely the graphic card. I would power off, and lift out the graphic card and refit it. Check that, if no different, remove the RAM and refit it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/all-fans-spin-up-everything-working-no-post.164146/
Relevancy 72.67%

I recently put my desktop into a new case so it could run cooler. When I turned it on all the fans spin up properly at first but then start to spin extremely fast, mush faster than normal. There is also no picture going to the display and the HDD access light is not blinking even tho i know the light is working and connected properly. I know it is not the graphics card or the HDD as I have tried using different ones all to the same result. I have also tried removing all the ram. It just does the same thing as before, spinning the fans but not doing anything and there are no error beeps to tell me there is no ram.

Has anyone had a smilar problem or thing they can help?

Relevancy 72.67%

Hey all Been having this problem for a long while now Just started up suddenly and can t remember if Shutdown Spin System Fans After it occurred after installing a software or if it s something hardware related Any help is appreciated Problem After I shutdown the computer maybe - minutes later System Fans Spin After Shutdown all the fans PSU CPU Rear Side case start spinning the System Fans Spin After Shutdown hdd led flickers and if my speaker system is on I can hear a flickering sound on there too kinda hard to explain the sound This continues for about - seconds and then it all stops then after another minute or it starts up again and stops This continues unless I turn off the PSU power switch Also the rear case fan think x it s the smallest size that ll fit since there s mounting hole levels above that one went out yesterday after I air cleaned the system I went and got an Arctic Cooling PWM fan to replace it but the connectors seem to be totally different Arctic seems to use pins while I can only see pins on the Mobo so that one doesn t work But a while later I retried the rear fan and it seems to work for now Dunno if something was lose of it it is truly dying I don t know if it s my Mobo ASUS K N or something else Only things I ve upgraded since I purchased this system about - years back was the ram Upped it from GB x Kingston Value Select to GB x GB OCZ Platinum Again any help is appreciated Would go for a new system if I had the cash but least for another few months at the earliest I ll have to wait nbsp

A:System Fans Spin After Shutdown

It sound like either a PowerSupply issue
Or your HardDrive or CD Drive is causing it
You could try disconnecting the CD Drive ATA data cable (obviously computer off first). It's difficult to tell though, because it may even be software!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-fans-spin-after-shutdown.117065/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi My computer has recently encountered a problem whereby when i on the power at my CPU lights fans CPU stop up, spin all boot and will be lighted up and fans start spinning But that lasted only about second After that everything stops There are a few times whereby all of them will CPU boot up, all fans spin and stop start working once again after stopping but usually they stopped again with very few times successfully boot up I had brought it to the service center and what that guy did is remove my ram and place it back To my surprise my CPU boot up However a few days later the CPU boot up, all fans spin and stop same problem occur again And I did what that guy CPU boot up, all fans spin and stop did but this time round I did clean my RAM metal piece I don t know what do you call the thing that attach the RAM to the motherboard It failed a few times but boot up eventually after several tries took out the ram put it back I had totally no idea what is going on This does not solve the problem as it is going to come back and haunt me once again I have no idea what is causing it thus I could not bring it to the service center once again as he will tell me this if he is able to boot up my computer quot so what do you expect me to do quot It really hurts Desperate for help hope someone know what is exactly going on Thanks nbsp

A:CPU boot up, all fans spin and stop

If there's a faulty connection, there's a faulty connection... There isn't a whole lot you can do... But try this:

Get a Computer Duster can (A "Can of Air") for $2, remove the RAM, and carefully put the tip of the spray extension (They usually come with a little straw thingy, stick it in the nozzle) near the RAM Slot and blow out any dust or loose dirt/debris/whatever.

Be careful and use short bursts. Too much air friction can actually cause a buildup of static electricity, especially on plastic components (I have fried many a motherboard with this... so really, be careful)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-boot-up-all-fans-spin-and-stop.124764/
Relevancy 72.67%

Just built it for my brother:
Atlon64 3000+
Asus K8V SE Delux (soc 754)
512 DDR PC3200 (generic {cpusolutions.com})
Asus 128MB V9520 8X AGP / FX5200

It only cost about 800 bucks.
Powered her on, and the fans just spin away but there is no beep, no post. H_ll the monitor doesn't even static on to give me any errors.
I removed it from the case (thinking the mobo was grounded). Same thing
Unplugged everything, except power button & HDD. Same thing.
Unplugged HDD (everything unplugged). Same thing.
Reseated everything, including power.
Took everything appart (everything, even my nicely tucked power / IDE cables). Same thing.
I checked the board for any traces I may have damaged and they are all OK.

Oh yeah, when I first booted, the CD ROM, floppy, and HDD activity light were on (and they would be still if they were connected).

Relevancy 70.95%

Hey guys fans for suddenly, shutsdown spin, ... Desktop tries reboot, to I'm new a the HP forums so dont be to hard on me nbsp I'm having problems with my Desktop PC Envy - ed nbsp nbsp About a week ago I came home and I tried to turn my pc on somehow it wasnt able to boot no bios nothing whatsoever The fans did spin and the Desktop shutsdown suddenly, tries to reboot, fans spin, for ... power led turned on but only for like a second and then it shut off and it tried to boot again Again with the same results fans spin for Desktop shutsdown suddenly, tries to reboot, fans spin, for ... a second power led turns on and boom shutdown and boot again also no error beeps or anything like that nbsp I tried a different power outlet nbsp because their might be some problems with some of them nbsp which is a different problem on its own Somehow after I moved to the different source it was able to boot this time So I figured maybe it is a issue with this specific outlet or whatever A couple days later when I was playing a game with a friend and suddenly my pc switched off it automatically tried to reboot Desktop shutsdown suddenly, tries to reboot, fans spin, for ... after the sudden shutdown but the same issue occured fans spin for a second and the power light came on and boom shuts off and tries again and again and again nbsp So now my system was unable to boot nbsp I've read on another post on this forum that i should try to boot without hdd and ram and other subhardware nbsp This time I got a beeps when it tried to boot I believe this means the bios was recoverd rolled back the bios driver or something and please do correct me when im wrong about this nbsp Next I reattached all the hardware again and amazingly it booted just fine nbsp nbsp So I'm kinda confused right now nbsp nbsp Since the system is unable to boot like sometimes lt -- and I hate it when that word needs to be used Isnt there a golden rule that can be applied or something Like change PSU and or Motherboard nbsp nbsp Thanks so much for the time and energy some of you put it to these kind of issues nbsp Much appreciated Boris

A:Desktop shutsdown suddenly, tries to reboot, fans spin, for ...

Greetings, Could not find product specs on your PC at the HP Support site. However, I did find some specs elsewhere. Did your PC ship with Win 8.1 64 bit OS? It appears to have been introduced by HP sometime in 2013 or early 2014. How much time elapsed between upgrading to Win 10 versus the onset of your problem? The intermittent problem you are experiencing could have any number of causes. Is the PC continuing to boot successfully or booting when it wants to since reattaching the hardware you disconnected? I am unable to determine this from your problem description. Exactly what hardware did you disconnect? You have to systematically troubleshoot each component and eliminate it as the cause. The first item to tackle is to run a check disk. Then run UEFI boot time hardware diagnostics. Then reinstall or update the graphics drivers. I can provide a general flow to use to troubleshoot the other components. Let me know if you are interested. Cheers!    

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Desktop-shutsdown-suddenly-tries-to-reboot-fans-spin-for-a/td-p/5609305
Relevancy 70.95%

So I was watching a video from my Nix box mobo no shut PSU down, Computer reason, fans new and no spin, last week while running some pretty heavy CPU intensive apps and the computer froze on me twice My CPU never freezes so I thought that it was odd but the PSU and GPU were running a little hot so I thought I would tone down the usage as I Computer shut down, no reason, no fans spin, new PSU and mobo had just installed some new cooling fans a day before and a new CPU about a month earlier Then the computer shut down and wouldn t start back up I replaced the PSU originally thinking that since it had been running hot maybe it just died Installed and no power no fans nothing Replaced the mobo with the same results I m at a loss right now as to what the problem could be I even switched out the push button in case that burned out somehow and nothing Any ideas where to go from here Update just an update after posting I found the POST walkthrough and followed it step by step and still nothing Would a bad CPU cause there to be no power through the whole board I replaced the CPU fan as well to be sure and I can t seem to find any other possibility nbsp

A:Computer shut down, no reason, no fans spin, new PSU and mobo

Yes a bad CPU would cause the board not to function, but bad CPU's are very rare unless they are damaged by handling or installing. What type of CPU is it? The socket type can matter for damage

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-shut-down-no-reason-no-fans-spin-new-psu-and-mobo.163164/
Relevancy 70.95%

So I've been abroad and my computer hasn't been touched for 6 months and it was brand new before I left. When I started it today it worked for 15 minutes before freezing. Then it wouldn't boot past the BIOS screen. Now the monitor doesn't even respond but the fans spin really fast and constantly until I manually turn it off. Needless to say, I'm gutted. HELP ME PLEASE! I already tried reseating everything and removing the mobo battery.

SPECS:
CPU: intel i7 920
MOBO: ASUS p6t
PSU: 650W seasonic S12
RAM: 3x2GB kingston
HDD: SATA-300 1TB 32MB samsung
CASE: CM690
GPU: MSI GTX 275

Thanks

Relevancy 70.95%

I went to take a look at a Dell Dimension C pictured below The power switch on the front doubles as till then the second, a powers slowly and off. down very fans up spin for Computer a power light which was blinking a steady on-off-on-off When you pressed the button you could hear the CPU heatsink spin up slow down gradually until eventually it wasn t spinning at all While the fan is spinning down the light adds an additional blinking in almost looks like it hard drive activity The entire time nothing appears on the monitor You can hear the hard drive spin up when you hit the power button but it s brief Computer powers up for a second, and then the fans very slowly spin down till off. and spins back down pretty quickly From the moment you press the power button till the time it s finally powered down about or seconds goes by Part of me is leaning towards this being a power supply issue It s not your standard power supply but a long slim one which I really can t see how to remove properly The inside of the computer had a moderate amount of dust built up and after thoroughly blowing it the same problem persisted For what it s worth I took a video with my cell phone of what happens after you press the power button GP format inside a zip file nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-powers-up-for-a-second-and-then-the-fans-very-slowly-spin-down-till-off.793028/
Relevancy 70.09%

I got a R850 and complete random the laptop lockups. When it locks up fans begin to spin full speed and windows is locked up. I need to poweroff the laptop and start again.

This can happen three times on a evening, but it can also occur only ones a week.

Its complete random.

A:Tecra R850 - sometimes OS stuclocks-up, fans spin on full speed

On this virtual way it is not easy to say what happen exactly.
Every new notebook is delivered with clean preinstalled OS and something like this should not happen. Later when you start to install updates or own applications it can happen that some background application ?blocks? the system.

In my opinion either you must check preinstalled stuff, processes that run in the background to see which one can be responsible for this, or you must install recovery image again and check how it works with ?factory settings?.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?67531-Tecra-R850-sometimes-OS-stuclocks-up-fans-spin-on-full-speed
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi,

I am having trouble getting my new system to boot and am so frustrated. I dont know what to do.

CPU= AMD 3700+ (ada3700bnbox)
mobo= Asrock 939s56-m

When switched on the fans all spin once and then stop. There are no bleeps.

It is not the PSU. It cannot be... I have tried several. It is not the ram. I have tried many sticks.

The only thing I can think is that the mobo does not support this processor without a bios upgrade- thats what Asrock's website tells me. But I caanot upgrade the bios without the system booting up.

Could this cause the system to act as it is doing? Or is there some other possible explanation?

Thanks for any help

A:New system wont boot... fans spin half way and stop

do you have case fans? do they continue to spin ? or just spin once, if only once it has to be a power issue

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-system-wont-boot-fans-spin-half-way-and-stop.41462/
Relevancy 70.09%

I am in the process of building a PC for the first time and after doing a fans won't spin light PC boot. for card but New video a Solved: second, on, breadboard and putting all my components into my case I tried to turn on my PC However while a green light on the video card comes on and the fans spin for maybe a second the fans just stop and nothing further happens only the green light on the video card stays on I have tried seaching for the similar problems but haven t found any advice that has helped At this point the only thing I can think of is that my power supply is too low even though I have the minimum recommended wattage my Solved: New PC fans spin for a second, video card light on, but won't boot. video card calls for Does anyone have an idea as to what it might be Specs PSU Corsair CX CPU AMD FX- -Core RAM Crucial Ballistix Sport GB DDR MHz Motherboard Gigabyte GA- A-DS P Video Card ASUS GeForce GTX GB Hard Drive WD Blue TB Power Supply Corsair Builder Series CX Watt nbsp

A:Solved: New PC fans spin for a second, video card light on, but won't boot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-pc-fans-spin-for-a-second-video-card-light-on-but-wont-boot.1140824/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello I have an HP Z Workstation nbsp My processor is a nbsp Intel Xeon E Video WS & Fans HP No Workstation Displays - Spin Z620 Loudl... - SR KK GHZ MB GT s LGA -Core CPU nbsp More properly it is a Xeon E - xx dual-processor category cores frequency GHz turbo L cache KB L cache MB TDP W Socket LGA I O bus GT s QPI Memory DDR - Release date March Part number CM nbsp It is version not version which is good because my system board's boot block date is nbsp I am using nbsp Kingston ValueRAM GB Kit x GB DDR HP Z620 Workstation - WS Displays No Video & Fans Spin Loudl... MHz DIMM Desktop Server HP Z620 Workstation - WS Displays No Video & Fans Spin Loudl... Memory nbsp I have alternatively trying to rule out a memory problem used nbsp Kingston HyperX FURY GB Kit x GB MHz DDR CL HP Z620 Workstation - WS Displays No Video & Fans Spin Loudl... DIMM - Black HX C FBK as well in it to see if that made a difference nbsp I don't know how to identify my System Board other than that it reads numbers like FMB- and PBLNV GCY N TF and AS - REV G nbsp It has hp copyright symbol and E and FXN written on it as well nbsp After some research I guess it is System Board - nbsp Which would differentiate it from a System Board like - - a later model My graphics card is an nbsp XFX R MHz GB DDR HDMI DVI VGA Graphics Card nbsp I have alternatively trying to rule out a video card problem used an nbsp EVGA Nvidia GeForce GT GB DDR SDRAM PCI Express x Video Card to see if that would make a difference In terms of the Power Supply Unit the standard nbsp HP Z Computer PC W Power Supply S - P A - - PSU nbsp I have more than one and have tested that also nbsp In terms of hard drive I formatted and re-used a nbsp WD Blue GB Desktop Hard Disk Drive - RPM SATA Gb s MB Cache Inch - WD AAKX nbsp My problem nbsp Regardless of which video card I use if I use nbsp Kingston HyperX FURY GB Kit x GB MHz DDR CL DIMM - Black HX C FBK memory in it and boot up I get a blue light no beeps no post codes that I can tell nbsp However no power is supplied to the video card fans won't spin and no power is supplied to the hard drive doesn't try to load and run it nbsp I get a blank screen and can see nothing nbsp Then the back fans begin to spin in turbo mode and very loudly nbsp Regardless of which video card I use if I use the nbsp Kingston ValueRAM GB Kit x GB DDR MHz DIMM Desktop Server Memory I will get a red light and eight beeps which signifies some sort of a ROM problem CMOS problem BIOS problem nbsp To this end I have tried pressing the Clear CMOS button to no avail nbsp I have removed the CMOS battery for a sufficient period of time and put it back in nbsp Nothing changes this situation nbsp It only happens when I put this particular memory into the computer nbsp If I stick a USB Thumb Drive with a BIOS file BIN on it that is xx or greater it will boot to that BIOS on a limited basis nbsp I also had to figure out that I couldn't get it to do anything with a USB keyboard I could only select options using a PS keyboard - perhaps it locks out certain USB devices at this point nbsp I figured out that if I leave the Crisis Recovery Jumper on the nd and rd pins rather than the st and nd pins that it will load from a backup and I can actually do things nbsp Based on this I was able to install Windows Education -bit and a host of programs and otherwise use the computer normally nbsp But I cannot boot unless I keep that Crisis Recovery Jumper set to the nd and rd pins and hit F so that it can boot into the OS normally nbsp nbsp I have while in Windows updated the BIOS to the most current version nbsp HP Z Z Workstations System BIOS Rev A Aug using sp exe MB nbsp I have also updated the other drivers as I could using the nbsp HP SoftPaq Download Manager SDM nbsp None of this changes the problem in the initial boot up nbsp At boot up it complains the Front Chassis Fan is not running but this is not a problem that I suspect would halt a boot up it would just give a warni... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Z620-Workstation-WS-Displays-No-Video-amp-Fans-Spin/td-p/5735245
Relevancy 70.09%
Relevancy 69.23%

I just slapped together a rig from a bunch of other broken ones, salvaging the working parts and putting them together in a new casing.

I plugged it in, and hit the power button, the fans spin up, and a LED on the motherboard would light up, no beeping, and nothing happens on the screen.

Asus P5K-SE
Core2Quad Q6600
6GB RAM: 2x 2GB, 2x 1GB
XFX HD5850
SeaSonic X Series 650W Modular PSU

Hope someone can help here.
Thanks!

A:Solved: Computer will not start up, fans spin, no post/splash screen

does not numlock light on the keyboard responds? If it does then your PC is booting up fine. It's more of video problem. Make sure the monitor is connected to the added video card and not on the onboard slot. you can also try removing your added video card and use the onboad for testing purposes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-computer-will-not-start-up-fans-spin-no-post-splash-screen.1090174/
Relevancy 69.23%

When I turn on my vostro 200 slim tower the fans keep spinning constantly and it's very noisy.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19993611
Relevancy 69.23%

I ve posted about this issue before on several forums and black, system monitor cause freezes. to go Games Solved: spin up, fans to as of yet there is no solution but I m going Solved: Games cause monitor to go black, fans to spin up, system freezes. to keep trying What happens is when I play some games for an indeterminate amount of time the monitor will go black the case fans will spin up and I will be unable to do anything until I turn the computer off Sometimes the audio glitches Solved: Games cause monitor to go black, fans to spin up, system freezes. into a repetitive pattern and sometimes it will continue playing whatever music was on so I know it s not the processor I m also fairly sure it isn t a heat problem because I WAS having a heat problem a month or two ago and thanks to this site that was solved dust all over the place and I have some software to monitor temp The reason I say the time is indeterminate is because some games will go for five or six hours without crashing and at least one Black and White will crash after minutes regularly They all crash the same way so I don t know what the difference between them are I have a pretty high end system and run newer games fine it makes no sense that Black amp White would be using up more resources or causing my GPU to overheat Everest -------- Summary ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional OS Service Pack Service Pack DirectX DirectX c Computer Name CHAOSMEC- E User Name Brian Motherboard CPU Type Unknown MHz x Motherboard Name Unknown Motherboard Chipset Unknown System Memory MB BIOS Type AMI Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port Printer Port LPT Display Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GT MB Monitor Plug and Play Monitor NoDB WH AWL Multimedia Audio Adapter Creative SB Live Sound Card Storage IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller IDE Controller Standard IDE Solved: Games cause monitor to go black, fans to spin up, system freezes. ESDI Hard Disk Controller SCSI RAID Controller SCSI RAID Host Controller SCSI RAID Controller Silicon Image SiI SATA Controller Disk Drive WDC WD JD- HBB GB IDE Disk Drive WDC WD JB- REA GB IDE Disk Drive WD My Book USB Device GB USB Optical Drive CW F PPS I Optical Drive CW F PPS I SCSI CdRom Device Optical Drive MAD DOG MD- XDVD A SMART Hard Disks Status OK Partitions C NTFS MB MB free F NTFS MB MB free H FAT MB MB free Total Size GB GB free Input Keyboard Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard Mouse HID-compliant mouse Mouse Microsoft PS Mouse Network Network Adapter Linksys WMP RangePlus Wireless PCI Adapter Peripherals Printer SCHOOL HP Photosmart C series Printer Auto Microsoft XPS Document Writer on BOBBASEMENT Printer Auto Microsoft XPS Document Writer on BOBSCOMPUTER Printer HP PSC series Printer Microsoft XPS Document Writer Printer Quicken PDF Printer Printer Send To OneNote USB Controller Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller NoDB USB Controller Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller NoDB USB Device USB Composite Device USB Device USB Human Interface Device USB Device USB Human Interface Device USB Device USB Mass Storage Device ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hijack This Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe... Read more

A:Solved: Games cause monitor to go black, fans to spin up, system freezes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-games-cause-monitor-to-go-black-fans-to-spin-up-system-freezes.890623/
Relevancy 67.94%

Going crazy...please help.

I built my new computer tonight, however it won't start. There is power to the motherboard, because I can hear and see the fans when I turn it on, however the CPU fan doesn't move. It initially spins a rotation or two and that is it. It (fan on CPU) does the same thing when I power it off, just a initial spin but doesn't move. Any ideas...I would be so grateful. Here are my system specs (all bought from Newegg)

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor
GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard
Rosewill RP550-2 ATX12V v2.01 550W Power Supply
4stick of - G.SKILL 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
APEVIA X-JUPITER-JR G-Type X-JPJGT-BK Black SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Thanks so much!

A:Built new computer, normal fans work, but CPU fan doesn't spin, board wont power

Sounds like a power supply problem, or a error in connecting a cable. Thus the shot spin of the cpu fan. But usually you just missed something too obvious to think about.
Reseat all cables. Reseat all memory modules. Then try it with one or two memory modules at a time. Then switch to the others.
Check your CPU for proper seating, and possible bent pin.
When no longer frustrated, think through everything you have done in the setup, even the heat sink and thermal paste.
We have all gone through this. We know has exasperated you must feel.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/built-new-computer-normal-fans-work-but-cpu-fan-doesnt-spin-board-wont-power.98186/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hoping someone here can sort out my PC as I am totally lost for ideas My PC specs below amp if you need to know anything else please ask was all working fine then without warning it started acting strangely When you shut it down it turns off amp BUT amp the case fans keep down flash, strange jarring still and - system noise?? fans problems shut spin lights spinning and something inside make a strange noise kind of a mechanical tapping noise amp like a CHU CHU CHU noise lol which I think I located to the CDRW amp and system shut down problems - lights flash, fans still spin and strange jarring noise?? would just sit like that the only way to actually turn it off was to physically switch it all off at the wall This happened for a few days amp searched the net but hard to find a solution system shut down problems - lights flash, fans still spin and strange jarring noise?? as my description is a little too vague for Google Then finally nothing The system died So I replaced the power supply with a better version amp thinking perhaps in hindsight I had been putting too system shut down problems - lights flash, fans still spin and strange jarring noise?? high a demand on the crappy standard PSU And when I removed it I am sure I was amp it comes with a w PSU Ok so its working again amp but it is still doing that odd amp flashing amp thing when you shut down I then notice that NONE of my USB ports can identify any devices amp Yet they all have charge power as I have moved my Razer Copperhead mouse USB and a USB cathode light around all the ports and they both light up I also noticed that on-board sound had gone Exactly when these went I am not sure as when the flashing first started I began my quest for answers online and I know the mouse worked then not sure about sound though So I have popped an old Sound card into a spare PCI slot and a mouse made in the Neolithic period and all good amp we have sound again I am considering buying a PCI to USB to get some USB functionality back so I can get back to a decent mouse but before I do amp Does anyone know what this flashing malarkey is about If the Mobo has taken significant damage then I am basically flogging a dead horse and may as well replace with a new base unit but that is a cost I don amp t really want to fork out lol My system specs Model - Emachines Windows XP SP PSU - Was w PSU now replaced with a Jeantech w GFX amp GeForce GT AGP CPU - Celeron ghz I think RAM amp gig DDR Found this on Emachineupgraders info about the mother board which is TriGem Alaska Mainboard Documented General Info Processor Intel Pentium processor MHz system bus with an integrated K L cache Chipset Intel GL Graphics Memory Controller Hub GMCH Processor Host bus support Integrated DRAM controller Integrated graphics AC amp controller Integrated D D graphics accelerator Integrated MHz RAMDAC Arithmetic stretch blitter video Power management functionsIntel DB I O Controller Hub ICH Support for the PCI interface Integrated IDE controller USB and DMA controller Power management logic Real-time clock Support for AC amp audio devicesIntel AB Firmware Hub FWH Firmware Hub FWH interface Memory The motherboard has two dual inline memory module DIMM sockets You can increase the amount of memory in your computer up to a possible GB Each DIMM socket supports the following memory features -pin V DIMM with gold-plated contacts MHz Non-ECC unbuffered DDR SDRAM Single or double sided DIMM in the following sizes DIMM size Non-ECC configuration MB Mbit x MB Mbit x MB Mbit x MB Mbit x GB Mbit x Audio Integrated Audio Controller in Intel DB I O Controller Hub ICH AC Compliant AC Link for Audio CODEC Separate Independent PCI Function for Audio AD A Audio Codec amp AC compatible Industry Leading Mixed Signal Technology -bit stereo full-duplex Codec with independent and variable sampling rate Four analog line-level stereo inputs for connection from LINE IN CD VIDEOand AUX Advanced power management Video Intel GL Graphics Memory C... Read more

A:system shut down problems - lights flash, fans still spin and strange jarring noise??

Did you ever find out what was causing the issues you had with your PC? I have exactly the same problems currently with my PC. No USB ports, no sound and the same clicking noises when I power down or up even!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-shut-down-problems-lights-flash-fans-still-spin-and-strange-jarring-noise.444652/
Relevancy 62.78%

I have just replaced a PS in a Mesh Elite E6600 PCA computer as it went wrong.

No problem now with operation - but after shutting down XP and the screen goes blank, the fans keep going, and are only silenced by switching off the switch on the back of the PS

It is a HEC-550TD-PTE power supply

Is there something I have forgot to connect ?

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/fans-not-switching-off-after-shutdown-436822.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I have just replaced a PS in a Mesh Elite E6600 PCA computer as it went wrong.

No problem now with operation - but after shutting down XP and the screen goes blank, the fans keep going, and are only silenced by switching off the switch on the back of the PS

It is a HEC-550TD-PTE power supply

Is there something I have forgot to connect ?

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fans-not-switching-off-after-shutdown.881709/
Relevancy 62.35%

OS - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 or Vista? Win7
? x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? 64
? What was the original installed OS on the system?
? Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? retail
? Approximate age of system (hardware) 1 year
? Approximate age of OS installation (if you know) 1 year
? Have you re-installed the OS? yes

? CPU - intel core i5 3570k
? Video Card - EVGA GTX 970
? MotherBoard (if NOT a laptop) - ASRock Z75 Pro3
? Power Supply - brand & wattage (if NOT a laptop) - Enermax 650

Laptop or Desktop? Desktop

Case: Corsair Carbide Series 330R Blackout Edition

Got the GTX 970 and had to upgrade to the 330R to fit it in. Twice now [i think both times, but i can't remember what i did the first time] i switched the fans from low to high and got a BSOD.

Thanks again TSF!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/switching-fans-to-high-bsod-1108978.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Howdy I m at my PSU/Mobo spin New fans won't LED green, Mobo wits end here and I was hoping one New Mobo LED green, PSU/Mobo fans won't spin of you could point me in the direction of something else to try Working on friend s ish eMachine ick because his motherboard chipset heatsink fell off New Mobo LED green, PSU/Mobo fans won't spin Used some thermal adhesive to stick the sucker back on but when i hit the power button nothing happens However the motherboard led is on So I pop in another working PSU that I had laying around with the same thing happening At this point I figure the motherboard got fried and ordered a no name gateway oem motherboard I throw it in and have the exact same issue I try shorting the power pins to see if it was my power switch and nada It might be that the processor was killed but wouldn t the psu fan start up in that case Or I ordered a dud motherboard with the same symptoms At this point I m just not sure what step to take to resolve the problem Any advice nbsp

A:New Mobo LED green, PSU/Mobo fans won't spin

Run the motherboard outside the case with just CPU and memory installed. See if it starts. If not, the CPU could be fried or you have a defective motherboard. I hope you didn't use the old power supply with the replacement motherboard, if you did, you probably fried the 2nd motherboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-mobo-led-green-psu-mobo-fans-wont-spin.115091/
Relevancy 61.06%

I am getting the Radeon HD 6770 for my new system build. I cant really decide which one to get; the regular edition or the flex edition.

Regular: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102940
Flex: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102938&Tpk=6770 flez

I want the regular edition because its cheaper, but I want the flex edition because of the dual-dvi. My question is that can the regular edition output out of multiple ports? I want to use two monitors with only one video card. Maybe even three monitors in the future. I have 2 different monitors right now, and both of them have only 1x VGA and 1x DVI, so I understand I might have to buy an adapter/converter.

A:Solved: Radeon HD 6770 vs Radeon HD 6770 Flex Edition

It will output to two monitors easily.
Easiest way is probably a HDMI to DVI adapter for the HDMI port.
Might be able to run 3 with eyefinity.
Might want to check the manual at the manufacturers website.
I don't know how well it would run with 3.
More monitors means more graphics processing power is required.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-radeon-hd-6770-vs-radeon-hd-6770-flex-edition.1040306/
Relevancy 61.06%

So I've bought a XFX 5770

Downloaded all the latest Drivers for the Card

when i Plug in the HDMI to my HD Telly which currently is limited to 1360 x 768 it detects the HDMI and shows it as a Second Display

Questions ?

Can I use this as my Primary Display and Unplug the VGA Cable and if i do that will i get sound still ?

Will i need a New Display Driver

Windows 7 64 bit Op System

A:5770 HDMI Display

You should be able to use it as a primary monitor (and I bet it looks fantastic too). The sound I am not sure about...if you want to test yourself than that might be the best. No new driver should be needed unless your driver you installed turns out to be faulty...

Have Fun with the display!

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/38723-5770-hdmi-display.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I put it in my computer, turned on, and nothing display on my monitor at all, everything else is responsive, but I get a black screen/no display.

Relevancy 54.61%

i just rebuilt my computer and everything was working, then we had a really bad storm and now it doesnt work. my case and my cpu come on but and it feels like my hard drive is spinning. but when whe i press the button to turn it on both fans will spin for lke 1 sec then stop the ill hit he button again and it will keep doing it, i think its my power supply that got fried during the storm. and if it is my power supply would anything else be ruined?

A:Fans come on but no display on monitor

Desktop or laptop. What is your brand and model.
Could be power supply, memory module, hard drive, or video graphics card that was damaged. But a power supply fan blade that turns three turns or less is usually the bad guy.

Since you know enough to rebuild one, why not start with a basic setup... one memory module, hard drive, and video card... then start switching out components until you narrow it down. You can borrow a power supply from any old computer enough to test your system.

We are not going to be a lot of help here until you test your machine with a different power supply... and for testing any old power supply will be fine. There are power supply testers if you live in a city where there are component sales stores... They run from $9.95 to $25... but don't tell you a lot more than an exchange power supply would.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fans-come-on-but-no-display-on-monitor.151064/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi first time on board looking for an answer I m fairly new to building computers I ve only did it twice now sooo I purchsed an ECS nforce - a board for the amd athlon Ok so I followed the the mb manual and made sure by checking and rechecking all connections that everything was connected in the proper place I ve got the processor seated properly ram graphics card radeon x xt pci express HD Optical drive PSU So I plug in the PSU pin adapter to display, all fans beeps but going No no my mb click the switch on the back and hit the reset button No display, no beeps but all fans going on the computer Well all the case leds psu fan case fans cpu fan graphics card fan all start up So I m thinking great I then plug my monitor and and by the No display, no beeps but all fans going way it does work but get absolutely no display signal at all My comp is not posting for some reason There are absolutely no beeps whatsoever So I left everything connected and went thru one by one changing first the cmos jumper Nothing Removed the ram no beeps whatsoever No display, no beeps but all fans going on power up removed the cpu again no beeps upon power up So I have no clue what the problem could be I ve checked to make sure the mb is not shorting out somewhere all risers are in place So does anyone know what my problem could be I m hoping it is this You know the atx pin v connector on the board well my PSU is a chiefmax W BUT the connector for it is spliced off the pin connector that comes from the psu and heres the kicker the atx v connector is all the way on the opposite side of the mb from the pin connector and the cable is not long enough to reach it because of it being spliced off the connector of the psu In other words I can t plug into the motherboards pin v connector on the other side because my psu pin v cable is not long enough I still get power to the mb without it being plugged in though with all fans and leds on So is this my problem Or do I have a faulty mb psu cpu or something else nbsp

A:No display, no beeps but all fans going

without plugging in the 12v atx cpu power you'll never know if the motherboard is any good. Powering it up without it connected can ruin the board.

I suggest getting an extender for the power or another PSU.

Extenders are cheap, but every extension has the chance for losing voltage or shorts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-display-no-beeps-but-all-fans-going.50252/
Relevancy 53.75%

Ok so the cards in question are the from SAPPHIRE X in crossfire Newegg com - SAPPHIRE L Radeon HD Juniper XT GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Desktop Graphics Video Cards and from SAPPHIRE once again Newegg com - SAPPHIRE TOXIC TXSR Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Desktop Graphics Video Cards The problem is I have two but it is causing issues in cross fire due to running in x and effectively taking out my pci slot for creative sound card Heat is much ATI 5850 or 5770 vs 1 gfx Return both 5770's? greater in one of the that has two 5770 vs 5850 Return 1 or both 5770's? ATI gfx displays regular work or one display gaming running The other is pretty quiet If i run with one it is quiet when working dual monitors even when gaming display used although it tends to warm up quiet more since only one of them is running doing all the work My question is should I stay with one and return the other to newegg and pay up restocking fee 5770 vs 5850 Return 1 or both 5770's? ATI gfx or return and pay up for both and buy the Honestly I am quite happy about the except noise at times it was quite an upgrade from a GS desktop card that came with my HP PC The only reason I pose to ask about trading both in knowing i lost money and buying the is since its faster it will be much quieter during regular work nothing intensive but will also perform way better under load while playing games I also saw it is Toxic edition similar to I think vapor x so it runs more cooler Also compared to bit to bit the speeds would be faster Not sure how bit and x pc e lanes work out I have also looked at a nVidia cards with a after market cooler but the price and performance is just awful and my motherboard not that I cant put in nVidia So unless you can show me proper facts dont go around telling me to switch and such ATI has gotten much better since years ago Any help would be nice For trade in it would be around I estimated since its so double that would be of a loss Trading in both would be roughly forcing me to put in for the This was my first time ever buying and building my PC so I was quite a Noob or else I would have Known First time using ATI in such a long time My system is as follows So you know what i am working with Quad core q GHz stock cooler If someone knows of a good cooler tell me BTW GB of regular ram x GB Hard drives CD DVD burner HX w Corsair GIGABYTE GA-EP -UD P motherboard

A:5770 vs 5850 Return 1 or both 5770's? ATI gfx

hm..... depends have you got the money? if so a single card is always the better option

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/67033-5770-vs-5850-return-1-both-5770s-ati-gfx.html
Relevancy 53.75%

This is on my old PC and im trying to fix it but im not sure if the mobo is no good or the psu or what. The PC can power on as well as the fans but maybe 5-10 seconds later the fans turn off and there is no display on the screen but the PSU fan is still going.

AMD Pheonom X4 9550 Quad Core
Nvidia 9100
6 gb ram
64 bit

A:PC Fans Turn On Then OFF No Screen Display.

Have you checked to see if the Ram sticks are pushed in all the way?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/248170-pc-fans-turn-then-off-no-screen-display.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a xps m1730 and my son turned it on the other day and it has lights but doesnt sound like any fans running. also last few times he used it it started overheating it seemed so we shut it off to cool down now we have nothing
any help would be great the dell website only helped to a point then would not go any farther.
thanks ahead of time

A:No display or fans on Dell XPS m1730

I'm afraid it is time to have it serviced by a laptop tech

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-display-or-fans-on-dell-xps-m1730.153795/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi, I recently swapped graphics cards on my HP Pavilion 500-199 and it will not boot. While I swapped the graphics card with an XFX Radeon HD 6870, I also changed the PSU for a EVGA 500W PSU. When i press the power button, the fans would spin, but there would be no display on the monitor. I tried swapping back to the old graphics card and PSU, but nothing would appear on the screen. I reconnected all cables, tried clearing the cmos, and switched the display cable, but nothing would work. Can anyone help me please? Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-fans-spinning-and-no-display/td-p/5804616
Relevancy 53.75%

I currently have windows pc that I built my self but when I upgraded the heatsink for overclocking I think that I dropped my screwdriver on the motherboard Now when I power it up all the fans run but the gpu fans stop after seconds and there is no display on the monitor This was after the upgrade it was working ok before won't fans display and stop Pc spinning gpu the pc was pretty slow and applications froze many tomes on it Pc won't display and gpu fans stop spinning I think the screwdriver Pc won't display and gpu fans stop spinning messed up the pc and wanted to know if replacing the motherboard would fix the issue Also if I try to replace the motherboard with a new motherboard that is from a different brand and with different specs will my pc turn on or not because I thought that data from the old motherboard would be saved onto the harddrive so a new one would be incompatible unless its the same one as before I need help on this thank you for your time Also I wanted to know if it s the motherboard itself that s the problem or not The computer is rather new being built about and a half months Pc won't display and gpu fans stop spinning ago Also I have tried multiple methods in hopes of it turning on correctly like taking out the motherboard battery then reinserting it and resetting the cmos Thank you again for your support nbsp

A:Pc won't display and gpu fans stop spinning

Sorry I forgot to mention the specs:
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Ariacookie/saved/D6WTwP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-wont-display-and-gpu-fans-stop-spinning.1164771/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi guys this is nd or rd post on spinning are no display.Mobo Fans but faulty? this forum so if here its the wrong place please notice me So here is my story months ago i built desktop system not the greatest but which is Mobo Foxconn A vmx CPU AMD Phenom x GPU ATI Radeon R GB GDDR x GB Ram MHz A friend gave me this motherboard and i decided to make something with it The problem with it was that the pc wasnt shutting down Everytime i wanted to turn off the pc i had to unplug the power cord or to switch off from the psu's button I did this untill my hard broke about one week Fans are spinning but no display.Mobo faulty? ago Now the problem is that when i try to start my pc The cpu Fans are spinning but no display.Mobo faulty? fan and one cm fan are spinning but i get black screen Also the gpu fan is spinning for - seconds then stops I borrowed a GT GB GDDR from a friend to see if the gpu is faulty but same Fans are spinning but no display.Mobo faulty? black screen but that gpu's fan is totally spinning I took an older cpu and tried it same problem also tried with one stick of ram same problem Also when i start the pc without ram i dont get that beep noise from the speaker so i think the Mobo might be the problem here Tried my psu on another pc to see if its working properly and it is I took another psu to try it on my pc but same black screen Tried also clear the cmos same problem Now im asking you guys if the mobo is the real problem or could be something else And if you could tell me what else i could try im all ears Sorry for bad english tho

A:Fans are spinning but no display.Mobo faulty?

Hello Poli I know you have checked out the PSU but please do this in my little ditty and post back a pic of the PSU voltage rails
Using HW Info
PART A:
You can test the volts on the PSU with HW Info HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 - Download < download the right bit version and close the right hand window select Sensors and scroll down to the power section where you will see what the volts are doing see my pic. In my pic the section (Nuvoton) with VBATT is a dead give away you are in the section for the rail voltages. There are other section titles and one that pops up often is ITE
Now the voltage on the different rails have to be within 5% =+/- of what is required or the machine will not work properly if at all.
See this for the rail voltage info
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/power-supply-specifications-atx-reference,3061.html (Section 2.)
The original right hand window shows the machine running and is handy for that but for looking at the components in some detail close it and use the main left hand side panel
FOR OTHER COMPONENTS
PART B:
Open each small square with + in it on the section the components are in and then click on the individual component/s (it will highlight in blue) - in the right hand side will appear all sorts of details including brands speeds and other essential info that particular device. See pic for example.

Use PART A: and as an option you can use a digital multimeter and test the volts on the 24 pin board plug see this for the colour codes https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_supply_unit_(computer) (scroll to the bottom) use the black lead to any black cable the red lead to the different rails.

Also the board is relatively old too mate so don't be surprised if it has or is going south.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/370713-fans-spinning-but-no-display-mobo-faulty.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I am having a problem with a computer that has not been used in a couple of months. It has been sitting in an office not even turned on. I went to turn it on and the fans come on and after about 1 second it starts slowing down. I have tried a brand new Power Supply, that didn't work. I tried eliminating the different hardware (i.e. CD-ROM, HDD, Floppy Drive, RAM, and Processor). There is nothing in the expansion slots to remove. Any ideas as to anything else?

A:No beep codes, no display, fans come on, but slow way down

Bad motherboard... try resetting the CMOS data

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-beep-codes-no-display-fans-come-on-but-slow-way-down.77298/
Relevancy 52.89%

I'd appreciate some help on this one I'm a bit stumped as to where to go from here I've had my PC for a year It wouldn't wake up from sleep the other day - just a black screen So I tried holding the power button It wouldn't shut off I had to use the power button on the back of the PSU Now when I turn on the PC I get no display and no POST beeps made sure run No PC all beeps POST drives but fans on. and No display when turns the internal speaker was plugged in but all of the fans work The drives are spinning up just fine too I still can't shut it off with the case button no matter how long I hold it in which seems a little strange Tried Switched the monitor cable from PCIe video card to integrated card No change Tested monitor on laptop using the No display when PC turns on. No POST beeps but all fans and drives run same cable Checks out Tested the PSU with a DMM Checks out Tested the PSU with a DMM while plugged into MB Checks out I realize this could still be bad Breadboarding No change Re-seated the ram No change Removed the only stick of ram I have No change Swapped RAM with the other DIMM slot No change Removed the HDD DVD audio and KB amp mouse No change Inspected the motherboard for blown caps Appears OK Removed the battery for ten minutes with the psu unplugged No change Cleared the CMOS with a jumper pins for seconds twice No change Examined the heat sink compound and CPU pins Checks out Throughout all of this I never got any beeps or display Haven't tried Using a different ram stick - don't have an extra Using a different PSU - waiting for a friend to let me borrow his on Friday Using a different CPU - don't know anyone with an AM socket Specs Ultra LS PSU Transcend Information GB DDR AMD FX- CPU ASRock GM US S Motherboard Yes I realize this isn't a quality build in the slightest - but because all the pieces are in the same range of quality I'm not sure what to suspect I know the PSU isn't great but what makes RAM any more or less of a culprit Kindly don't knock my build too badly - I'm a college student on a budget

A:No display when PC turns on. No POST beeps but all fans and drives run

TT mate have you tried a memtest a you only have one stick?? might be as simple as that mate as you seem to have covered most other stuff RAM - Test with Memtest86+

You need to run it for at least 8 passes unless errors start straight away. Try the stick in different slots too- the testing is going to take you a long time unless like I said the errors start to come up fairly quickly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/299788-no-display-when-pc-turns-no-post-beeps-but-all-fans-drives-run.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello all A few or POST fans display no work, system; and Homebuilt lights but weeks ago one of my friends and I decided to build a PC for my dad we both have minimal experience but my friend has built PCs before I ve helped others design PCs Homebuilt system; fans and lights work, but no display or POST but I ve never physically built one Anyway I checked everything out to make sure it s all compatible technically it should work but we Homebuilt system; fans and lights work, but no display or POST ve run into a few problems After connecting everything to the appropriate terminals and turning on the machine I noticed Homebuilt system; fans and lights work, but no display or POST that all of the fans including the CPU fan were in perfect working order the case LEDs hooked up to the mobo work fine and the mouse and keyboard light up when the PC is turned on However there is no response from the Disk Drive or Hard Drive and the monitor claims there is quot no incoming signal quot All of the hardware is brand new straight out of the box so I m not sure what the problem is Any suggestions are most welcome as I have four days to finish this thing Here are the specs There is no graphics card because my friend informed me that the particular CPU we picked out has HD graphics onboard meaning we wouldn t need a graphics card The monitor is rather old and has a D-Sub connector but it was working well last week and the mobo I picked out is compatible with D-Sub CPU Intel Core i - Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-H M-DS Micro ATX Intel Motherboard Disk Burner ASUS DVD CD Player Burner Tower NZXT Source Elite White Steel RAM G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB Hard Drive II Seagate Barracuda GB Power Supply Corsair quot CX Builder Series quot nbsp

A:Homebuilt system; fans and lights work, but no display or POST

There is no onboard video on that board. Not sure why your friend told you that, cpu has nothing to do with it. You will need to add a graphics card to fix your problem. Here are the board specs.. If you can exchange the board for it's z68 counterpart (paired with your i3) you could than get onboard graphics and not need a GPU.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128527

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/homebuilt-system-fans-and-lights-work-but-no-display-or-post.175386/
Relevancy 52.03%

With no changes to my h8-1534 desktop runing Win 8 it suddenly won't boot.  I press the power button, all case fans start, power button lights up, front case light is on.  I can open the cd tray but it immediately closes.   Nothing appears on the monitor (tested good  and cable).  No beeps from case speaker.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/No-boot-No-beep-no-display-Fans-and-case-light-power-on/td-p/5736594
Relevancy 51.6%

Okay so hi I've been having a strange problem recently one of my monitors died a few days ago Now I had to switch to my TV as a display screen which sucks however no matter what I do even in low resolution boot I cannot for the life of me get a screen after the login on windows the display just dissapears I can acess safe mode and fiddle around just fine on that But switching to normal boot without low resolution boot I can't even see the screen after the windows logo Now im wondering what's going on cause I'm having to use my second hdd to boot up which is using windows bit And it doesn't really cut it for me anymore as I'm needing the extra memory So is there any way out of this without resorting to another monitor A little info about Display monitors. No switching after the monitor im currently using It's a p quot screen using hdmi on my x graphics card I was using a simple vga monitor previously which ran at x which my tv doesn't support I have tried booting using a vga but same results So im kinda clueless No Display after switching monitors. at this point

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/52259-no-display-after-switching-monitors.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,

When I power the Pc up everything works except the display, I have no OS as this is a project build.

Basically what is happening is the screen is black but on rare occasions I receive one beep and the post screen appears but only stays on for maybe 5 seconds and goes off again, It will keep doing this in a loop.

I have tried the following parts from my working machine, memory, dvd drive, cd drive, psu, but the problem still exists.

When it does post on the rare occasion, I can press delete and enter the setup and the screen does not flash.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

A:Problem with display when switching Pc on.

Check all your hardware and cable connections to make sure that they are all firmly seated. Next, what type of cable are you using to connect the monitor to the PC?

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/127962-problem-display-when-switching-pc.html
Relevancy 51.6%

So I decided to swap my computer's case for a another tonight. I believe everything is hooked up properly, all of the fans are running, lights are on, disk drive opens etc. But, my monitor fails to recognize that it is attached to a computer. I tried switching to another monitor and my TV with no avail. I figured it was most likely an issue with my graphics card so I switched over to the on-board adapter instead but had no luck there either.

I'm using the same power supply from my other case, a brand new 450W PSU. Everything ran completely fine before the switch.

I'm totally stumped as to why my computer won't give off any video feed, anyone have any ideas?

A:No display after switching to a new case

Although some cases do not require motherboard standoffs because they are built-in, are they required in the new case and if so, did you install them?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-display-after-switching-to-a-new-case.154874/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello!

I use my computer as a sometime HTPC. I have display 1 as my monitor in the computer room and I have display 2 as my 42" LCD in the other room. I ran a 30 ft hdmi cable in there, as well as a connection to the spdif.

Now, to switch from monitor to tv I have to:

Click on the speaker icon.
Select spdif
Select 'set as default.
Right click on the desktop
Resolution (or display settings or whatever)
select display 2
click OK
Run into the next room and click OK in 15 seconds or however long it gives me.

I was wondering, outside of using Ultramon, is there any quicker way to do the above. A shortcut or the possibility of building a macro or something?

Thanks!

damon

A:Display Switching Shortcut?

Soooo, I'm going to guess nobody knows any shortcuts?

Suuure would make my life easier!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/24958-display-switching-shortcut.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Not sure whether this off on back come switching then Display won't is a mouse problem or a computer problem Over the last few days my computer has Display switching off then won't come back on just started randomly switching the monitor into quot Sleep Mode quot but won t come back when the mouse is moved or keys pressed Computer doesn t actually go into sleep mode though Mouse is a Logitech MX and keeps losing its power light on the base and battery light on top although the batteries are fine have put brand new ones in just in case The monitor is a Dell LCD flat screen If i put the computer into sleep mode then move the mouse and repeat this several times it eventually comes back on but to the password request as though it had been on screen saver mode I have changed the power management to quot Always on quot so it should never shut down the monitor etc but that doesn t seem to have made any difference at all I haven t installed any new software I am at a total loss of what could be causing this or how to cure to it

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/313194/display-switching-off-then-wont-come-back-on/
Relevancy 51.17%

My desktop PC was hooked up to my TV and would randomly switch to using the TV as the main monitor often disabling my monitor I thought it was my NVIDIA card so I upgraded to a newer ATI card The new card has monitor outputs and a S-video randomly Display setting switching output The problem no appears to only happen overnight The next morning my PC is still on and awake but the display is Display setting randomly switching changed to a lower setting I have to enable a second monitor which i do not have before it will allow me to fix the resolution of the monitor I do have Right now I have a bigger problem where it looks like it switched the TV to being the main monitor and I no longer have a TV hooked up Its mounted on another floor of my house so I cannot get to the screen to fix the problem I tried plugging the monitor into the other port sometimes it just switches ports but that is not the problem Thanks for any help

A:Display setting randomly switching

hm... is your monitor turning off during the night? and that causing the change?

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/273167-display-setting-randomly-switching.html
Relevancy 51.17%

HelloThe battery life on Spectre x360 is allegedly going to be 12-13 hours with a 2k display and about 8-9 with a 4k display. Can I expect the full 12-13 hours of battery on a 4k display if I lower the settings to 1920x1080?Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Battery-life-when-switching-to-2K-on-a-4K-display/td-p/5708811
Relevancy 51.17%

My monitor will say quot no video signal detected quot mainly when switching users and logging off but it will also do it randomly when I try to restart the monitor with the mouse keyboard after the monitor shuts off for power conservation and sometimes when coming out of hibernation The only way I can reinitialize the signal is to Blindly find shortcuts to reboot sleep login Switch to the other dvi users and No when display other switching times port on the video card on the fly while No display when switching users and other times the system is running I know you re not supposed to do this When I had my old video card Radeon x -xl installed it did the same thing I thought upgrading the card to a more recent perhaps more Vista compatible card may do the trick but the problem persists HIS Radeon HD dual dvi There are no secondary monitors or display adapters to disable in device manager There is however two entries in Display Settings-Monitor tab quot Hanns G HI D-sub on ATI Radeon HD Default Monitor on ATI Radeon HD quot I can t see a way to disable the second entry I have updated to recent display adapter and catalyst control center I have updated the bios from Gateway Updated monitor driver Will do Windows update if suggested but I have no faith that will solve the problem The issue has been going on too long to do a system restore No display when switching users and other times My system Gateway GM E I know pre-made pc s are garbage Intel Q Vista bit upgraded PSU No display when switching users and other times W upgraded graphics card HIS Radeon HD dual dvi added hard drives analog digital tv tuner x gb corsair value ram onboard audio Sigma Tel My system otherwise seems very stable Any thoughts nbsp

A:No display when switching users and other times

"There are no secondary monitors or display adapters to disable in device manager. There is, however, two entries in Display Settings-Monitor tab:
1. Hanns.G HI221 D-sub on ATI Radeon HD 4670
2. (Default Monitor) on ATI Radeon HD 4670. I can't see a way to disable the second entry"...

Your ATI video card has at least 2 video output connectors, and maybe even a S-Video out... The second entry is the other video output on the video card. Is your system free of virus or other malware?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-display-when-switching-users-and-other-times.124766/
Relevancy 51.17%

So we have a display monitors 3D VGA and keep Projectors 1 and switching for 2 Dual projector setup for D in a movie theater and we use a program called stereoscopic player as the playback program Now here is 1 VGA display and 2 Projectors for 3D and monitors keep switching the setup We have a VGA monitor and HDMI projectors The problem we are having is sometimes the order would switch and now full screen would maximize to the VGA monitor and only one projector or the Left and Right eye might get switched No heres the question Is there any program that can ensure that say VGA is always monitor HDMI is always output and DVI is always This is being used every day to project D and it causes huge issues when the customer has to attempt to get the video outputs back in order This must be possible as I have seen video walls running on PC's and they don't seem to switch orders Is there a either a program or a different video card we can use to solve this issue Thank You -Matt

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/395895-1-vga-display-2-projectors-3d-monitors-keep-switching.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I'm using a Dell U3415W monitor. My video card is AMD Radeon RX480. The monitor is connected via DisplayPort to my computer. The monitor is connected via HDMI to my work laptop. When I want to switch over to HDMI, it acts as if I shut off the monitor on the Displayport shifting everything over to my secondary monitor. It causes no problem, but drives me nuts because when I switch back over to DIsplayPort, I have to move my open programs around again. Is there any simple way to make this stop? If I don't use DisplayPort, and instead use HDMI/DVI combination, the behavior described does not happen. I'm guessing that is just the way it is, but I'm hoping there is an easy way to make it stop.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/56067-switching-display-port-hdmi-shuts-off-display-port.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello.

Months ago I downloaded Just Cause 2 from Steam, but I had a few problems playing the game in full screen. I was searching for a solution on YouTube and I found a person who told basically told the viewers to add a new display and use that in order to get the full screen working when playing Just Cause 2. So I did that, it worked perfectly fine, but after I changed back to my regular display I noticed that the icons rearranged themselves for some reason. They rearrange every time I wake the PC up, turn it off/on and when I restart it. This has been bothering me for quite a while and now I believe it's time to fix it. If you look below you'll find a link to the YouTube video, so you can see what I actually did. You can stop watching at 0:40 as the Steam part doesn't matter.

Thanks for reading.

Kind regards,
Darundo.

A:Desktop icons keep switching after adding a new display

There is no video link.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/65732-desktop-icons-keep-switching-after-adding-new-display.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,

I have a problem with my acer aspire 5102 wlmi laptop. It did have Vista on it but I took it off as it was slowing the laptop down. I reinstalled XP MCE with all the necessary drivers and utilities. However when pressing Fn + F5 I only receive the option to view on external monitor or laptop, not both .

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

--Nathan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5102-display-switching.738608/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,

i'm using a Toshiba Protege R700 on a Dockingstation and i have problems in swichting the display from the integrated to external.
Is it really neccessary to press FN + F5 to switch Display when undocking?

My scenario:

Laptop on dock, using external display
Shutdown Windows XP
Undock
Startup Laptop
Enter my Win XP Login on Logon-Screen
Integrated display turns black

After that i either have to press blind FN+F5 or dock the Laptop to change setting on my external display.

A:Protege R700 on Dockingstation / Switching Display

>Is it really neccessary to press FN + F5 to switch Display when undocking?
Hmm? yes it?s necessary to press FN + F5 in order to switch back to internal notebook screen if you have used the external screen previously?

The Fn + F5 switches between external and internal screen... so you have to use this if you want to use internal notebook screen again.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?61053-Protege-R700-on-Dockingstation-Switching-Display
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm using a Dell Inspiron with Windows XP Pro SP First of all my original problem had been switching the display from my laptop's LCD monitor to my external CRT monitor single display not dual display because as far as I know Inspiron 's don't support the extended desktop feature Anyway I figured out how to get the external CRT and display drivers switching Problem installing to be the primary display by way of the Fn F-number key feature on my Problem switching display and installing drivers latop's keyboard It works and all but I'm unable to switch the displays manualy using WIndows XP Properties gt Settings gt I used to be able to go into the settings and manually select which display I wanted I Problem switching display and installing drivers also have an S-Video-to-TV video-in video cable and I had even been able to manually select that to put the display on my TV At this time I can no longer find that feature so I figured it must be something with my vide card or the graphics drivers I was trying to reinstall the graphics drivers that I was instructed to by Dell's website Drivers and Downloads for Dell Inspiron But each time I tried to install them I was given error messages that said I didn't have the propper hardware error message and error message I am completely baffled as to why I would get these messages because I've reinstalled Windows XP Pro on my laptop plenty of times for my own reasons and I've never encountered a problem like that Any ideas as to why I would be geting those messages Anyone's help assistance would be greatly appreciated Thanks Zach

A:Problem switching display and installing drivers

What type of video adapter is installed? You may get better results with reference drivers from the manufacturer of that chip.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-switching-display-and-installing-drivers-86916.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello there, I am new to the forums and I've made account here to seek help from the experts about my problem.

I run on a desktop using:
Graphics card: ATI Radeon HD 5570
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2032mw
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

While using my desktop normally my monitor keeps flashing sometimes and plays the driver "plug" "unplug" sound (well it sounds like it)

Then I go check my resolution by right clicking > Scree Resolutions >>>> Here I see my on the display bar changes after the "plug" "unplug" sound comes from "Generic Non-PnP" to "SyncMaster" and vice-versa.

Please note that the screen keeps running normally on the 1680x1500 resolution on both displays, but the transition between those two is very annoying.

I cannot seem to stop it!

I have installed all newest drivers, and driver for my monitor.

Thank you.

A:Monitor keeps switching between Generic Non-PnP display and SyncMaster

Welcome to Seven Forums hadihdd. Try this, it just may work. Unplug the video cable from the monitor to the PC. Shut down the PC. Unplug both the PC and the Monitor for 30 minutes. Reconnect the video cable, and the power to both. Reboot and see if this helps. A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/291194-monitor-keeps-switching-between-generic-non-pnp-display-syncmaster.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello there,

I recently switched from HDMI to DisplayPort as my monitor can handle 144hz, and just ran a test to see whether my HDMI cable still made the display look greyish and it doesn't have that much grey in it compared to the DisplayPort. The DisplayPort is more greyish and I only came to notice it when I switched the cables. What's happened here?
Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 1070 graphics card, Asus VG248QE monitor.

A:Grey Screen after switching to display port.

Fixed this with a little search, seems that I had to go into the NVidia Control Panel and then "Change resolution". On that screen, I changed the "Output dynamic range" setting from 'Limited' to 'Full'.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/66618-grey-screen-after-switching-display-port.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum. I just picked up a new HP Laptop and am also new to Windows 7.

Specs are:

CPU: AMD Vision 2.2gHz
Memory: 3Gb DDR3
Video Card: ATI HD 4250
HDMI Out connected to 37" Toshiba HD LCD

My problem is really more of an inconvenience than a problem, but even so I am curious to know if it is possible to have vertical dual-displays. Currently the dual screen is working perfectly, however my laptop display is on the left and the TV display is on the right and I'm trying to figure out a way to have my TV's display be on the top.

Any help that any of you can offer for me to solve this problem would be excellent.

All that being said, I know my way around the OS reasonably well but I'm not well versed in the coding aspects that some of the special features require.

A:Switching Dual Display from Horizontal to Vertical

Welcome to Seven Forums Sneakattack879. Try this:

Right click on empty area of primary monitors desktop> Click on Screen Resolution

Grab the primary monitor icon and drag it to the position above the secondary (or visa versa)

Click on apply, the screen will black out and popup will ask if you want to save changes (if you don't in time, it will revert to original settings)

OK way out and you should have one above the other. Also see the Orientation settings dropdown below for any possible settings you'd like to use.

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/108971-switching-dual-display-horizontal-vertical.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Yes I still have an Inspiron after all these years nbsp Was working fine in daily use no recent hardware or software please Fans, BIOS anyone beep, - Blue No display No Disk advise? Inspiron 530 can whir, Solid Light, changes nbsp Upon shutdown a few days ago the display briefly showed a checkerboard before turning Inspiron 530 Solid Blue Light, Fans, Disk whir, No beep, No BIOS display - can anyone please advise? off and since then it won t boot I turn it on button goes amber then to solid blue immediately fans are all spinning yellow LED shines on motherboard and green LED on PSU lit HDD makes a Inspiron 530 Solid Blue Light, Fans, Disk whir, No beep, No BIOS display - can anyone please advise? few disk-like clicks but there is no single beep that it always used to make when turning on and screen stays black then shows quot No signal quot nbsp I ve tried switching from ATI Radeon HD via DVI to built-in VGA port and still nothing Screen is good tried with different computer power sockets and leads good switched I ve changed the motherboard CR battery for a fresh one removed unused cards modem card TV tuner card removed and replaced graphics card waggled memory cards nbsp No change in any case Spec is slightly upgraded from original but hasn t changed in months Original spec Core Quad Q GHz MB MHz FSB GB x x GB SATA RPM media card reader Vista DVD -RW DVD drives IEEE card Analogue Digital TV tuner PCIex Upgrades over a year ago Now GB RAM GB SSD with Windows and previous GB HDD moved to be D drive Upgrades a month ago Windows Any advice on what to test check would be greatly appreciated - thanks

A:Inspiron 530 Solid Blue Light, Fans, Disk whir, No beep, No BIOS display - can anyone please advise?

RB126
Those are excellent troubleshooting procedures you performed.
As there are no 'beeps', there could be a motherboard issue/failure.
Did you remove and replace the memory modules, to see if this made a difference?
No difference, try the following, if you are comfortable working around computers:
Note: The only 100% method of testing a PSU, is to install a known working power supply.Unplug the cord from the power supply, hold the power button in for about 15/20 seconds, open the case, unplug the 24-pin power connector from the motherboard and jump the Green wire to one of the Black wires, reconnect the power cord and power the system, if power supply, case fans and the hard drive run, then the PSU should be good.Note: Do not remove any wires from the plug, use a small piece of wire or a paper clip as a jumper.
Power supply checks out, again disconnect the power cord, hold the power button in again for 15/20 seconds to discharge the residue power, reconnect the 24-pin connector to the motherboard.Remove all PCI cards from the system, take out the video card [if applicable], disconnect all peripherals, except the monitor, mouse and keyboard and disconnect the power & data cables from all drives. Reconnect the power cord and power system on, see if you get a different LED indication on the power button, or 'Beeps'.No difference, remove the memory from the system and try again. Still shows no signs of life then you are looking at a motherboard replacement & maybe a processor. Note: The good news is, processors rarely fail, as the only method I know of checking a processor, is to install it a compatible working PC, or use a known working processor.Bev.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19989266
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a dell laptop running win xp. I also have a 19" external monitor. I want to use the dual screen feature in control panel/display/settings tab.

My primary screen is currently the laptop. How do I switch my primary screen so that it's pointing to the external (when it's attached) and once I get that set up, would I need to switch my laptop's screen back to primary when I use the laptop in stand alone mode?

When I have the external monitor available, I would like my newly launched programs to display on it as the primary screen.

Thanks.

Relevancy 49.88%

hi all i ve got a new problem that has developed when switching between a clone display setup viewing pics etc on tv and then back to a single display lcd monitor when i set to single display display switching clone/single nvidia card the screen blanks then the pointer and only the pointer appears it stays like this until the preview times out and then switches back to clone mode wierder still switching nvidia card clone/single display if i try to up the resolution from x tv size to x so i can just use the monitor and switch tv back to programmed pap the same thing happens this has never happened before i have taken the cable out of the tv to eliminate an errant signal to no avail any help much appreciated x is like someone shouting in my eyes spec PROCESSOR AMD ATHLON Ghz S M BOARD ABIT UGURU MICROGURU AV S MEMORY CRUCIAL DDR Gb G CARD PNY NVIDIA GEFORCE FX Mb S CARD CREATIVE SOUNDBLASTER AUDIGY PLATINUM PRO WITH EXTERNAL BREAKOUT BOX nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/switching-nvidia-card-clone-single-display.489456/
Relevancy 48.16%

I just bought a Hd 6770 and installed in a second computer. Sometimes the graphics card will turn off or there is no display on my monitor. When the computer boots the fan sounds like its running at full speed. When the graphics does work I hear it run a full speed then then it running at the speed it would be at idel and repeats several times alternating between the two speeds. When I installed the hd 6770 in another computer, I never had these problems. Installed drivers and updated windows. Windows 7 x64

A:New Hd 6770

Check the pci lane and make sure it's clean. Also make sure the psu connector to the card is firmly seated, on both ends if your psu is modualr.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/290559-new-hd-6770-a.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I,'m trying to find out if this card PowerColor Official Website - Graphics, Cases, Power Supply -- PowerColor HD6770 1GB GDDR5 V2 can support two VGA only monitors at same time. I know that it has one VGA, one Dual Link DVI-I (with adapter to VGA) and a HDMI ports but unfortunately both of my monitors have only VGA inputs. So if anybody has a first hand experience with setup like this I would appreciate answer.
Tnx.

A:PowerColor 6770 1GB anybody have one ?

I have this card and can confirm the DVI puts out an analog signal for my Philips VGA Monitor I have when working on my systems in pieces
GIGABYTE GV-R677SL-1GD Radeon HD 6770 1GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video CardI hope that helps a little.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/48920-powercolor-6770-1gb-anybody-have-one.html
Relevancy 47.3%

It seems the quot Just for Russian market quot HD and rebranded and are now going worldwide Just a note for owners of s and s It would seem that once the and hits retail it should be easy enough to source (not new All really) 6770 6750 and HD HD their BIOS s Any interested owner should be able to flash their BIOS and gain HDMI a -D and UVD functionality that is presently lacking from the A firmware update is all that seperates the from I would All new (not really) HD 6770 and HD 6750 hope that AMD s card partners would make firmware available to owners of since many of these cards would have been sold with the intent of being used as dual purpose gaming HTPC cards the added HDMI a UVD functionality would no doubt be very welcome Just a note to Nvidia fanboys Don t go there Just don t Yes it s a rebrand Word of caution GT GT GS GSO GTX GTS and many more Just a All new (not really) HD 6770 and HD 6750 note to AMD fanboys Ditto X XTX X XT X XT X Pro X X HD HD and many more nbsp

A:All new (not really) HD 6770 and HD 6750

Do you think anybody will import it to the US as, "The Extreme M.A.D. Cold War Edition"?

It would be absolutely savage with "Die Yankee Pig Dog" written on it in Russian! :rolleyes:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/all-new-not-really-hd-6770-and-hd-6750.164392/
Relevancy 47.3%

Recently built this pc but i made a mistake by buying a 6770 when i have the money for a 6870.

i3 2100
700w OCZ ModXStream8
8gb ddr3 1333
19' monitor

how much more performance would i see if i switched to a hd 6870?
Also what would be a fair price to sell a 6770 in mint condition

A:Upgrading HD 6770

The 6870 is about twice as powerful. Check this review for a good comparison of other GPUs.

You could try returning it to where it is you bought it from and see if they accept paying a difference and getting a 6870 instead?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-hd-6770.175562/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey guys,

I just need an opinion regarding these video cards (Nvidia gtx550ti 1gb ddr5 or HD 6770 1gb ddr5) because I can't seem to decide which one is better. In Tom'shardware's hierarchy chart, they are at the same tier and at microcenter, they almost have the same price.

So im just asking, which would you prefer? Im also gonna upgrade my PSU to a 600W aero cool strike-x so no need to worry about that.

THANKS a lot!

Relevancy 46.87%

i rencently sold my ASUS graphics card and replaced it with an XFX HD GB previouslt talking to someone they told me quot get rid of catalyst control centre CCC it will give you BSOD quot so i ignored him no way that official ATI software could give BSOD but it eventualy did so i removed the CCC and my ran like a dream becuase ASUS provided their own drivers but then i brought this XFX card and it didnt come with its own drivers only the CCC and after about days of using it it started to BSOD either playing heavy games crysis or even just on the desktop opening a new window then it started just quot crashing quot where the screen would flash white and black or go a stripey sort of 6770 HD CCC Solved: problems XFX green so i did RAMcheck to see if i had faulty ram after passes there were no errors so i then did a clean re-install to see what the problem was all that is currently installed is windows the driver for my wifi dongle the CCC and steam to download a game to run but i still suffered with the loss of graphics and flashing black and white screen and then shutting down as some side Solved: XFX HD 6770 CCC problems notes i have an AMD Phenom II X X TB SATA HDD s one is the main one is a backup the XFX HD which is a problem an watt XFX PSU and an ASUS M A motherboard usb version i am currently in contact with XFX via a support ticket for help i am currently inquireing with the person who i brought it from ebay new to see if i can get a refund so thats my story and now the question that most people ask quot what can i do to fix it quot i have had a lot of looks online for answers alread but have tried everything that other people have tried if you can help i would really like a response as my computer is not just my precious game machine gaming is pretty much all i do im having to suffer with horrible daytime tv it is also what i do all of my uni work on requiring complicated d modeling that my laptop cant handle and of course all my files are on my backup internal HDD which i cant direcly connect to my laptop many thanks Richard nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi i am running windows xp and the HIS radeon 6770 is direct x 11 and from what i recall windows xp dosent support 11 or 10. So am i wasting this cards potential if i cant use direct x11 or 10? http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161387 computer specs:
Motherboard - ECS RC410-M
Hp Pavilion a1324n
1gb Memory
Inter Pentium 4
Ati Radeon Xpress 200
Has one Pci express 2.0X16 slot AND 1 free Pci slot
My power supply is a HIPRO -D3057F3R max output power 300W ,19A on 12+ rail

A:HIS Radeon HD 6770 question

First thing's first: you shouldn't try to run a 6770 with that PSU. You'd need a 450W+ unit from a reputable company at least. Upgrade your PSU before you do anything else.

XP wouldn't be the thing that drags your graphics down; it would probably be the rest of your system. A Pentium 4 is going to be a major bottleneck. As annoying as this might seem, if you're looking for more performance, it might be time to look into a major (and probably money-consuming) upgrade . An AMD fusion based system is probably the way to go if you're looking to save money; a CPU (with GPU onboard)/micro ATX mobo/RAM set shouldn't cost more than $250. Keep in mind that these motherboards probably won't take IDE HDDs though ... and now, HDD prices have gone up. Ergh.

EDIT: Haha, I just read your earlier thread. .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/his-radeon-hd-6770-question.173225/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi built a computer from Ibuypower with an AMD Radeon HD - GB Graphics Card No display driver installed problems Radeon AMD HD 6770 to begin with as I installed Win Professional bit so I installed the driver that the CD told me to with no avail With an HDMI cable it goes through the BIOS and to the AMD Radeon HD 6770 problems initial windows loading screen and then no input signal Uninstalled via safe mode and installed catalyst with nothing as well VGA works but I'd rather use the HDMI cable I bought for it Windows automatically installed Catalyst I should problably update it but that won't fix AMD Radeon HD 6770 problems the HDMI problem Reading through various forums the is essentially the AMD Radeon HD 6770 problems but since you install catalyst and can't actually pick the driver I'm not sure how to go about this I had another computer about days ago with the same video card and HDMI worked fine with it power supply blew up so i returned it and got a new comp I had a pre-installed graphics driver on that one any time I tried to update it failed like it is now but whatever driver was on it could use HDMI Anyone know how to fix this by chance Thanks

A:AMD Radeon HD 6770 problems

Did you go to AMD's website to get the driver? They usually have the latest drivers before the manuf. site does. Also, I'm sure you got a service contract from ibuypower. Maybe call them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/164946-amd-radeon-hd-6770-problems.html
Relevancy 46.87%

So for the next little while, I'll be running a 6870 and a 6770 in crossfire, and I'm kinda curious how the two will stack up against the flagship 6990. I will also have the chance to run two 6870's in crossfire as well, and see what power they produce. Any ideas how these combos will stack up and perform? Should I notice a difference from a single 6870?

A:6870+6770 vs 6990

Quote:
I'll be running a 6870 and a 6770 in crossfire

Not according to this you won't,

Not only that but the 6870 is a newer GPU, where the 6770 is still the older 5770 just with a couple of new features added to it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/177958-6870-6770-vs-6990-a.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi Recently my old graphic my Radeon 6770 new Issues HD with card died and i was forced to get a new one Issues with my new Radeon HD 6770 Since i was low on budget and wasn t able to upgrade the entire computer i decided to get a decent one jumping from my old DDR mb gpu to a GDDR one with bits The main thing that worried me about that is that if i put a GDDR gpu on a DDR motherboard the gpu would work as a DDR After some time i actually found out that the biggest issue on putting a good GPU on a weaker computer only requires a good PSU and the correct slot on the motherboard I have a LC Power W super silent PSU and i was really worried that my PSU will not have enough power for the new GPU and that i would have to buy that too I got the card today plugged it in and installed drivers and everything seemed ok I wanted to test it a bit and turned on League of Legends a game which i actually think doesn t have high system requirements and during the game i experienced some flashes and some short FPS lag-spikes I really don t know what is the cause of this could it be something PSU related or something else I also tried some other games and somehow i feel i m not having any improvements from my last GPU These are the rest of the specs Motherboard Biostar P - A Processor Intel quad core Q GHz gb DDR RAM HDD WD TB Running on Windows OS I would be really grateful for any kind of help i feel kind of helpless and don t know what to do Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Issues with my new Radeon HD 6770

What video card did you have before?

The type of memory on the video card has absolutely no bearing or connection to the type of system memory in the computer. Also the 128-bit is the width of the memory interface not the amount of memory on the card, the Radeon HD 6770 comes in 512MB, 1GB, or 2GB versions.

A 450 watt power supply is required for the Radeon HD 6770, but not all power supplies are made equal. All LC Power supplies I've ever seen or read about have been garbage and major causes of failures. You should replace the power supplies with a quality brand and go for a higher wattage unit as well, many higher end graphics would need more than 450 watt for the full system. At minimum I'd recommend a 500 watt PSU, higher is you think you'd want a better graphics card in the future(although the 6770 tends to a pretty decent gaming card), for new gaming builds I'd suggest no less than a 650 watt PSU. Here's my recommendation for minimum 500 watt PSU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139033

Did you fully uninstall the old graphics drivers? If not use DriverSweeper or a similar driver uninstaller to fully remove it AFTER running the normal uninstall from Programs & Features in the Control Panel. I'd also suggest installing the latest drivers for the card from the AMD site, which you can find here: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_vista64.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/issues-with-my-new-radeon-hd-6770.1059455/
Relevancy 46.87%

What is the purpose ot the extension on this Dell XPS 8300 Radeon 6770 card?

Passive cooling? Makes throwing easier? Doubles as a shovel?

A:What did Dell do to this Radeon 6770?

does it attach to the other side of the case some how?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/193405-what-did-dell-do-radeon-6770-a.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi All I ve come across a series of BSODs since installing my new HD A bit of googling came up with results indicating a a history of BSODs with the card Below are the specs of my computer CPU AMD Phenom II X Black Edition MB ASUS M A -E DDR Motherboard RAM Corsair XMS HD BSODs 6770 after installing DHX TWIN X - C DHX GB DDR X GB PC - DDR - PS OCZ ModXStream Pro W Modular Power Supply CASE Antec Three Hundred OS Windows Professional VIDEO Gigabyte Radeon HD MHZ GB GHZ GDDR I ve had the system for about - years now running problem free with the on-board video card I recently purchased the HD to play Diablo I installed the card as one normally would and installed the drivers from the ATI site I fired up Diablo Beta and this is when the BSODs started to happen in the span of days All would occur BSODs after installing HD 6770 in the middle of the game completely random and not at any specific point at the game I remember one happening when I was just idle in town I m not all that familiar with troubleshooting BSODs but after some reading I tried the following - Update all drivers with Slimdrivers - Set BIOS back to default settings - Complete update to Windows via Windows Update - Removed and re-seated video card - Installed AMD Catalyst b Hotfix Resolves blue screen screen flicker at idle and corrupt mouse pointer issues AMD Catalyst - Replaced Logitech wireless mouse with MS wired mouse - Ran Memtest and passed At one point I managed to log in about minutes before the system crashed After replacing the mouse I played about minutes last night before calling it quits crash-free I come home today and had another BSODs not related to Diablo I've attached a zip file of folder Windows NT BSOD jcgriff minus the perfmon HTML since it was coming up with an error message quot The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion quot I'll try to get that fixed and uploaded asap In the meantime if you guys can take a peak at what I have so far that'd be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance for everyones help

A:BSODs after installing HD 6770

Before we can even begin to investigate there is one issue that needs resolving. Yours is from 2005

Asacpi.sys

The pre 2009 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.

Quote:
Please visit this link: Asus tek computer inc. -support- drivers and download p7p55d le

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS P5K-VM

Scroll down to the utilities category, then scroll down to the "atk0110 driver for windowsxp/vista/windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).

Download and install it.

Go to c:\windows\system32\drivers to check and make sure that the asacpi.sys file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (not before).

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/226153-bsods-after-installing-hd-6770-a.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Picked up the XFX Radeon HD today at best buy - - physically installed it in the machine and started it up I put the CD provided with in to install driver software and it immediately responds quot We were unable to detect an XFX product at this time We recommend to click Cancel restart your computer and try again If the problem persists click Ok to continue installing the drivers from the disk quot I've restarted the computer several times - so eventually I click ok Select english as host language click to continue options on screen Quick start User guide Tips and techniques Install Drivers It doesn't matter which one I click the result is quot Please check www xfxforce com for the optimized driver quot So I did I registered the product ignored the combo packages from best buy downloaded the very latest driver for the hd XXX series and installed On information gathered from others i also went -directly- to the AMD website and downloaded the latest catalyst and installed Based on information gleamed from elsewhere i went into my bios HD 6770 XFX undetected Radeon and made sure PCI-E was selected as my default display source it is In the drivers for display - it shows an ATI Radeon HD - which is the on board chipset Despite the fact I manually went into bios and made sure the PCI express was chosen as the default display the display inside windows still XFX Radeon HD 6770 undetected shows the onboard chipset I can hook the monitor to the graphics card all I like black screen It would be very appreciated if someone could give me further input on what's going wrong I'd like to actually use that graphics card I just picked up That would be advantageous Also I -know- it's physically installed on the mobo correctly there's only one PCI express slot and it's not my first time installing a card in a PCI express slot to begin with Also - the graphics card's fan runs when the computer is on i can look inside and see it running when the panel is off the side of the tower It is running it does have power it is a pin connector - it's physically installed correctly All the drivers I can think of are installed correctly the latest catalyst I also went in and updated the Realtek PCI Express controller driver as well as the Plug and play driver Just in case one of them was askew or outdated I hope this is as succinct as possible so I don't get twelve people telling me to do something I've already done and explicitly stated as much Any help anyone could provide would be very well received

A:XFX Radeon HD 6770 undetected

marshallars, welcome to the Seven Forums.

Did you upgrade the power supply in addition to adding the card? If not I doubt the stock 250W power supply in that HP,

HP Pavilion p7-1054 Desktop PC Product Specifications HP Pavilion p7-1054 Desktop PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

is enough to power the card, and likely the reason why it won't rok.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/172276-xfx-radeon-hd-6770-undetected.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I just bought the xfx amd radeon hd 6770 and it has been idling at 78 degrees Celsius, i have all the latest drivers and all the fans in my computer are super clean but I can't get the temperature to go down. I have a brand new Antec EarthWatts EA-650 650W Power Supply, and an amd phenom X6 processor. Whenever I play a game, even something like portal, it overheats and I get bsod.

A:xfx radeon 6770 idle at 78C

Does the fan(s)on the GPU run at all? Have you tried to manually control the fan speed with in CCC? Make sure that the GPU is fully seated into PCIe slot and that the power connection is fully seated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/238072-xfx-radeon-6770-idle-78c.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Right so I recently got xfx 6770 and I overclocked it and I done my homework looked at what clocks are stable and searched around a bit and basically I am having some heat issue related problems as when it's under full load in a game it will go up to 80 celsius and thats not it though it then starts freezing getting jumpy and screen tearing and it then ends up with a full lock up and ends up with a screen just with stripes you cant see anything and then forces me to restart. I tried everything and now I decided to turn to this page see if anyone has a solution and by the way I do have my fan at 100% but when on high overclocks it stresses the gpu and causes the same stuff only when on 100% fan cooling

specs:
i7 2.67ghz (920)
8gb ram corsair
xfx 6770
2 hard drives = 1.1tb
2 dvd-roms
atx g7 780w psu

A:Issues overclocking XFX HD 6770

80 degrees is nowhere near the thermal limit of the cards, they are rated for ~105 Celsius. I woulds make sure everything on the car is nice an screwed in, and screwed in solidly. Also what clocks are you getting the 6770 up to, every card is different some may not overclock at all. You could get GPU-Z and just send over the sensors tab, and check the asis quality of the card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issues-overclocking-xfx-hd-6770.183639/
Relevancy 46.87%

So I'm buying a new laptop today. HP is having a sale and I found a coupon to get an extra 375 off beyond the sale price. I'm debating between the 6490m vs 6770 graphics cards that it shows available, but I'm just not sure which one to get! It's only a $25 difference in price, but I don't want to get something I'm not going to need. I do gaming and watch a lot of videos.

A:6490m vs 6770? What's the difference?

No benchmarks on the 6770M unfortunately, but just on specs alone the 6770M over the 6490M,

AMD Radeon HD 6770M - Notebookcheck.net Tech

AMD Radeon HD 6490M - Notebookcheck.net Tech

In desktop card terms the 6490 would be on the low end, where the 6770 would be mid range.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/155147-6490m-vs-6770-whats-difference.html
Relevancy 46.44%

So, I got a HIS Radeon HD 6770 IceQ, and have been messing around with MSI Kombustor. Then I ran the furry donut test. And within 10 seconds, the core temperature has been rising from 50 degrees Celsius to a whopping 105 degrees celsius. My question is, is it normal for the card to get that high, and what's the max temperature the card can handle without any artifacts, or worse, crashes?

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/51797-heavy-load-temperatures-hd-6770-a.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I just bought this tower and PSU combo off newegg.com Newegg.com - RAIDMAX SMILODON ATX-612WBP Black 1.0mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Foldout MB Computer Case With 500W Power Supply

I am looking at buying the xfx 6770 card from them as well. Newegg.com - XFX HD-677X-ZNFC Radeon HD 6770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

I was wondering if the 500 W PSU that comes with the tower will be able to run this card or am I going to have to buy another PSU?

Thanks for any advice

A:xfx 6770 system requirement question

It should power it fine, but from the reviews I just glanced at over at newegg, the PSU isn't very relaible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/185219-xfx-6770-system-requirement-question.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I bought the xfx radeon hd 6770 graphic card, plugged in, connected the 6 pin molex cable, and when i turn it on, the fan, light, works fine, but nothing appears on the screen.... i changed the bios setting and disabled the integrated graphic card and still can't get it to work

heres my pc

AMD FX 4100 BULLDOZER QUAD CORE 3.6GHZ
8GB DDR3
ATI HD3000 GRAPHICS
750GB SATA HARD DRIVE 72000RPM
500WATTS POWER SUPPLY
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
GIGABYTE AM3+ MOTHERBOARD

A:need help with installing xfx radeon hd 6770 with amd fx 4100

At the risk of offering insult by asking the obvious,

Is the monitor connected to the 6770? If yes, do you see anything during POST (power on self test)?

Is the 6770 fully seated in the PCI-E X16 slot?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/232344-need-help-installing-xfx-radeon-hd-6770-amd-fx-4100-a.html
Relevancy 46.01%

OK so HD on Acer Input - supported. 6770 DVI and XFX Monitor not I just did a major upgrade to my computer New CPU motherboard ram and graphics card Everything is working great except my acer AL W monitor I have it plugged in to the DVI port on my new XFX HD but XFX HD 6770 and Acer Monitor on DVI - Input not supported. the only resolution I can get working is x actually if I use the AMD Vision Engine Control Center with the HDTV support option I can also get p working with it Any other resolutions and the monitor just says quot Input not supported quot The monitor's native resolution is x and it was working fine this morning on my old Geforce gt with DVI I tried plugging it in to the VGA port as well and it seemed to work fine with that the only problem is I have a second monitor and the only input it supports is VGA and the XFX card only has one VGA port so I cant have both monitors using VGA I have the latest CCC drivers and stuff I just cant figure out what is wrong

A:XFX HD 6770 and Acer Monitor on DVI - Input not supported.

Give another shot at installing the latest drivers for the new card.
ATI Catalyst

If you have created any multi-monitor profiles delete them before installing the new driver.

this is not normal behavior but it seems more software than hardware.
the newer ati cards prefer you use the catalyst center for everything multiple monitor related. and it will actually freak out sometimes if you try to mess with it from the windows display options.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/228338-xfx-hd-6770-acer-monitor-dvi-input-not-supported.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I installed the graphics card but it needs 6 pin PCI-E auxiliary power connector, my power supply is DELL J102N PS-5361-2 360 Watt Power Supply XPS 435MT and it doesn't have this 6 pins, when i start my computer it's just giving me 6 beeps which means Video card failure. What should i do?

picture of my cpu: http://www.upl.co/uploads/14301214lo.jpg

A:XFX Radeon HD 6770 not Working because of my power supply?

If you had the 6 pin adapter your psu couln't handle the card, I think it requires at least 500 watts and yours is 360 watts These beasts require a lot of power and you second image shows us you pc not your cpu (cpu is under the large fan)

I have two ideas.
1.) Sell the card and stick with the default card.
2.) Buy a psu running at least 600w with the 6 aux pin adapter.

I suggest the first option as these pcs are meant to work with the default hardware. If you really require a graphics card try a low profile card as there more economical and a better size.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/180974-xfx-radeon-hd-6770-not-working-because-my-power-supply.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Howdy

Here's the deal... i've bought a ATI Radeon HD 6770 from a second hand store. Currently, i'm running on a integrated Intel HD Graphics 2000 and its running fine. I've even bought a Radeon HD 5450, which is working as well.

But why the 6770 doesn't work? I have the latest driver from ATI and my 5450 work great. So why my little "upgrade" don't work? I didn't tried it on another computer yet... but i'll do it as soon as my other computer got repaired. But right now i try to figure out why one ATI work, but the other one don't...

Thank in advance

A:Not working ATI Radeon HD 6770 despite already running on 5450

You may have answered your own question,

Quote:
bought a ATI Radeon HD 6770 from a second hand store

Used card from a second hand shop (was it even a computer store?), likely defective.

We can give you all kinds of ideas but until it is tested in another computer, anything we come up with is purely speculation.

One thing that isn't speculation. Did you remember to connect a 6 pin PCI-E power connector to the card?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/369608-not-working-ati-radeon-hd-6770-despite-already-running-5450-a.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I added an ati and upon trying to boot computer to install the drivers i received a black screen I tried booting in safe mode and was successful but the computer kept freezing before i could install So I attempted to do a fresh install of windows when I reached the screen where I choose my hard HD screen a got and Vista 6770 booting black upon Added disk it could not discover the hard disk stumped because I was just in safe mode I tried to switch the SATA ports that the HDD and the CD ROM were plugged into after doing so I received a new message PXE-E media test failure- check cable and the Added HD 6770 and got a black screen upon booting Vista computer would not read my CD ROM or HDD and I could not find either of the in the BIOS I have check online and rechecked bios and everything is set the way it is supposed to be I am just wondering if anyone might know if it is a drive problem or my MOBO nbsp

A:Added HD 6770 and got a black screen upon booting Vista

"PXE-E61 media test failure- check cable"...
this means that the could not find any Hard Drive or CD to boot from, and it is trying to boot from the internal network device. Do you have on-board video on your motherboard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/added-hd-6770-and-got-a-black-screen-upon-booting-vista.175485/
Relevancy 45.15%

Yes as the title suggest I have a question about fans Fans Solved: Fans Fans Right now I have a computer that can actually heat my small room First off I have four sticks of RD RAM that have the heat spreaders on both sides You can fry and egg on these things Then I have an Asus fanless GS the heatsink on this gets fairly hot I have two rear mm exhaust fans one spins at about RPM and the other is about RPM I think its on its way out going to replace both When I put my hand back there its Solved: Fans Fans Fans pretty hot almost like a blow dryer I want to add an extra fan or two but I can t decide what would be best I would like to ask your opinions on this First Solved: Fans Fans Fans I thought of adding a front intake fan but my case only has that small front vent that almost underneath I have a spot to mount a front fan but it wouldn t actually be taking in air theres no vents in the case there I was also thinking about adding one of those quot drive bay fans for intake I found a nice one on NewEgg that has two fans I thought this could help take in some air Not sure how well they work I also want to keep the db level down My second thought and the one I think I m going to go with is adding a top fan First I thought to make it an exhaust fan I see these a lot but I don t know how good they are do they interfere with the rear exhaust fans Then I thought to make a top intake fan I wouldn t want to pull more in then is being exhausted though that doesn t make much sense to me What if I put a mm fan blowing out at the top then turn my two mm fans around to intake air I wonder how this would work So what do you guys think nbsp