Windows Support Forum

Freeze, Blue Screen, Crash

Q: Freeze, Blue Screen, Crash

This has happened 3 times in the past 2 days and I have no clue what's causing it. My computer has had this problem before but it just went away before. I'll just be listening to iTunes, talking on AIM, and browsing in Firefox and all of the sudden my computer freezes and it shows this blue screen then it just sits there and I have to restart.

Here is an idea of what it looks like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8akgG2BpTQ

The error I get says IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

Thanks.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Freeze, Blue Screen, Crash

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Freeze, Blue Screen, Crash

Hi . . .

Please go to the folder c:\windows\minidump and collect ALL of the files. Also, run msinfo32, and sav it as an NFO (System info) file. Zip these files up and attach to your next post and I'll take a look at th dump files to see if if I can help you to locate the cause of your BSOD problems.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/freeze-blue-screen-crash-262444.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I have the hp m8100n with vista home pro. I absolutely hate both.

I don't know what the hell is going on but here's what's happening:

Crashes and blue screens with the 0x00000024, 0x0000008E and a myriad of others.

If I use any combination of windows media center and anything else, it goes nuts, freezes and that whole memory dump thing starts.

Often, It freezes and just does nothing.

Every time, I shut down and reboot. Sometimes it would act normal thereafter and finally, now, it seems like it tries to reboot but the CPU does a short beep followed by a long beep every 2 seconds.

I am ready to throw this thing out the window. It all seemed to have started when I downloaded the latest version of iTunes/Quicktime. I have unintalled, reinstalled, uninstalled again, did system recovery, did windows updates, updated drivers... I GIVE UP!!

Can someone PLEASE help me through this?

A:[SOLVED] Major Crash, Freeze, Blue Screen Issues With Hp & Vista; Help!!!

Hi. . .

A bugcheck of 0x24 = NTFS file corruption - See if you can boot into SAFEMODE and run chkdsk /f from an elevated command prompt:
START | type cmd.exe into start search box | right-click on cmd.exe and select run as admin. Then type:

chkdsk /f

A bugcheck of 0x8e = a kernel mode application generated an exception. If the 1st parm inside the partenthesis is 0xc0000005 then it tells us a memory violation occurred. Run memtest86+ - click on the link below in my sig area. You will need to make an ISO and boot-up with the resulting DVD/CD.

I would run the memory dumps, but with the wide variety of bugchecks (STOP error codes) that you mentioned in addition to the beeping, this appears to be a hardware issue at this time and the dumps would probably not contain any helpful information.

Please look at the following from our Hardware Forum for information on the beeps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f15/...es-146908.html

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-major-crash-freeze-blue-screen-issues-with-hp-and-amp-vista-help-286011.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi Can someone help I have been experiencing ongoing probs and more frequently despite running various virus scans even switching out virus security from Avast to Avg And I've taken it to a shop to have them run their anti-virals and to monitor it some things were removed but it persists I'm running XP I know it's dated but until I can update it's what I have I used to run with too many Blue still virus screen happening freeze/crash...after URGENT!!! - scans - tabs open which I have stopped doing - because it doesn't last that long and now while I'm in the middle of basic URGENT!!! - Blue screen freeze/crash...after virus scans - still happening tasks it crashes I suspect a virus though the error codes shows a driver issue see screenshot of messages Error Signature BCCode d BCP C BCP BCP BCP B A OSVer SP URGENT!!! - Blue screen freeze/crash...after virus scans - still happening Product Error Report Contents C DOCUME Owner LOCALS TempWER d dir Mini - dmp C DOCUME Owner LOCALS TempWER d dir sysdata xml Can someone please assist in resolving this matter it's such a pain Many thanks in advance Raydumonde

A:URGENT!!! - Blue screen freeze/crash...after virus scans - still happening

Welcome aboard

It's not clear to me...
Is the computer bootable and in working condition?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/567924/urgent-blue-screen-freezecrashafter-virus-scans-still-happening/
Relevancy 64.5%

Specs:
Intel® Centrino® processor technology
• Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor T5450
• 1.67 GHz , Level 2 cache 2 MB
• Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium 32-bit

Every time I start up, when it reaches the desktop, I get a blue screen, and it has writing in white, and I can't read it because as soon as it appears, it restarts the computer, and it happens again

I shut down the computer, restarted it, took out the battery, let is cool, and still no diffrence

Could it be a virus? I don't think so, because when I open it in Safe Mode, I run SpyBot Search and Destroy, and it can't find any problem

This is my first post here, so please tell me If I'm missing anything

Thank you

Relevancy 63.64%

Hey guys I have a HP Pavillion dv tx Screen and Solved: Crash Freeze thats right special edition XD I bought it in November The specs Intel Core Duo GHz GB RAM Mb Nvidia GPU inch widescreen WIndows Solved: Screen Freeze and Crash Vista -bit For two years my laptop has gone through very turbulent times with me It has been subjected to stains food etc I replaced Solved: Screen Freeze and Crash the keyboard recently Now my problem The other day I was playing Enemy Territory Quake Wars Then the screen froze up and slowly lines started appearing on the screen https lh googleusercontent com cX BWSeUEw TXEnlW Z-kI AAAAAAAAABg UZBPLmxVXlY s up JPG I pressed Ctrl Alt Del and the game unfroze I didnt think much of it I also realized that the laptop was hot It was on a glass desktop and I do not think ventilation was a problem since the fan vent is somewhere behind the screen hinges This problem kept recurring even after I had let the laptop cool Now the laptop won teven start Vista starts loading then the screen freezes lines appear and automatically shuts off https lh googleusercontent com cX BWSeUEw TXEnlwzhVhI AAAAAAAAABk OAq rLUjjls s upload JPG The fan isnt even running I have recovered all my data thanks to the Ubuntu Live CD god bless them Even in Ubuntu I found some pixels would remain red and that the display was not proper My friend told me that the problem was due to over-heating and due to the fact that i used to leave my laptop on at nights occasionally My battery doesnt run long without mains power thus the laptop is always plugged in PS- I know I havent been taking very good care of my laptop If you cant help please do not start preaching about how laptops are the most precious things in the world PPS- Just tell me if I have to get a new laptop Thanks a lot for reading my essay DK nbsp

A:Solved: Screen Freeze and Crash

No Preaching about laptops being so Prescious. Just a reminder that with the exception of a few, Laptops are not designed as Gaming Machines, and that they run at a higher temp normally than most Desktops. When you start gaming you start running into higher temps that can damage and kill things like the Video Adapter, the Motherboard and the CPU.

Using Compressed air to blow the dust out of the vent slots can help lower temperatures.

I frequently leave my laptop running over night while it is plugged in and it does not suffer. If the system were overheating though it probably would have caused problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-screen-freeze-and-crash.984098/
Relevancy 63.21%

I don't get a BSOD, just a system crash. Screen freezes in place and no response from keyboard/mouse. My computer was freezing before with the onboard video card I had, so I swapped it out for an Asus HD4350. It used to crash with a blue screen with lines on it. Since the installation of the new card, it just freezes. So I think it's the video card.

Minidump attached!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

A:Get random screen freeze/system crash

It does look like a video card issue. Try updating your card drivers.

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Jonathan\Desktop\012010-32557-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*Symbol information
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (2 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02e19000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`03056e50
Debug session time: Wed Jan 20 15:49:36.009 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:25:10.570
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for dxgkrnl.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dxgkrnl.sys
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa80047d9010, fffff88003a9bf68, 0, 2}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+12f68 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa80047d9010, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff88003a9bf68, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000002, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
OVERLAPPED_MODULE: Address regions for 'atikmdag' and 'atikmdag.sys' overlap

FAULTING_IP:
atikmdag+12f68
fffff880`03a9bf68 48895c2408 mov qword ptr [rsp+8],rbx

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`066e49c8 fffff880`042b4ef8 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`047d9010 fffff880`03a9bf68 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`066e49d0 00000000`00000116 : fffffa80`047d9010 fffff880`03a9bf68 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 : dxgkrnl+0x5cef8
fffff880`066e49d8 fffffa80`047d9010 : fffff880`03a9bf68 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 : 0x116
fffff880`066e49e0 fffff880`03a9bf68 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0xfffffa80`047d9010
fffff880`066e49e8 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff880`042b4c02 : atikmdag+0x12f68
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
atikmdag+12f68
fffff880`03a9bf68 48895c2408 mov qword p... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/65018-get-random-screen-freeze-system-crash.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I recently acquired during crash screen freeze dump error a compaq presario F with Windows Vista Home Basic Lately my computer has been cutting out and a blue screen will appear with an error message stating that my computer has been freeze during crash dump error screen shut down to protect data and says to restart in safe mode I freeze during crash dump error screen ve heard of this happening when users start a program but for me this happens in the middle of what I m doing I ll have two or three programs running at once iTunes Internet Explorer and sometimes freeze during crash dump error screen Windows Live Messenger and then that blue screen will pop up and it will freeze the audio i m listening to broken record kinda sound and in the blue screen it will show quot STOP x x D EE x x FFFF x quot I don t recall whether or not a file appeared below that I also noticed that with other users the computer goes through the process of dumping memory and restarting itself Mine has never finished the process or restarted by itself I ve had to manually shut it down every time not sure if that is a bad thing to do though my computer will only get to the second line quot initializing data for crash dump quot then it freezes i ve tried to let it sit seeing if it takes time but it never did anything so if that stop code can pinpoint the problem that would be great but if not i ll repost with the full error message next time it happens nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/freeze-during-crash-dump-error-screen.620385/
Relevancy 63.21%

I first got SC at release and GAMES PC to Screen freeze/crash Black had issues GAMES freeze/crash PC to Black Screen with the GAMES freeze/crash PC to Black Screen game crashing I followed some forum threads and managed to get it fixed can't remember how Recently I got the Walking Dead game which crashed my computer just a few minutes into the game After a few attempts I turned down the graphics and was able to play the game Since then every time I've tried to play SC it has crashed The screen locks up changes to some funky colors and goes to a black screen Have to force shut down and boot it back up Since then I have updated drivers disassembled my PC and cleaned everything out with compressed air changed power supplies both Antec Ws added a nd hard drive from an older computer formatted everything reinstalled everything updated all drivers again downloaded Live Update from MSI website to update bios had some terrible issues with that which I won't go into for now but according to the updater the BIOS is up to date now I use SlimDrivers to update all my drivers System Specs from MSINFO OS - Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Version Build Model - MS- CPU - AMD Phenom tm II X Processor MHz RAM - GB DDR GPU - GeForce GTX GB Installed Drivers nvd dumx dll nvwgf umx dll nvwgf umx dll nvd dum nvwgf um nvwgf um I'm truly at a loss right now because I've tried everything I know to do Any help is appreciated Thanks

A:GAMES freeze/crash PC to Black Screen

I would suggest some hardware checks.

Warning
Before you proceed with the following, answer these two questions: Are you still under warranty? Does your warranty allow you to open up the machine to check hardware? If you are unsure of the answers to these questions, contact your system manufacturer. WARNING: The steps that follow can void your warranty!!!

If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

Monitor temperatures during the following tests. Use the following programs to monitor the temperatures. Real Temp is a good CPU temperature monitor.
Speccy - System Information - Free Download will monitor all hardware temperatures.
HWiNFO, HWiNFO32 & HWiNFO64 - Hardware Information and Analysis Tools can be inaccurate for CPU temperatures, but is a good program for GPU temperature monitoring.
Use FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net to test the graphics card GPU. Let it run until the GPU temperatures even out or until the GPU temperatures reach a dangerous level (you can find the max temperature for your card on either the nVidia or AMD sites; if you are not sure, ask us). The goal is to get a steady temperature, find out if the GPU is overheating, or to see if there are any artifacts present in the test itself: look for strange pixelated patterns on the screen or colors that do not look like they belong. Then use the |MG| Video Memory Stress Test 1.7.116 Download to test your graphics card memory. Let the memory test run for at least seven passes; the more the better.

Run Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95 to determine any hardware problems. Run all three tests for a few hours each. If you get errors, stop the test and post back here.

Follow the steps for doing CPU stress test using IntelBurnTest

Run the boot version of Memtest86+ paying close attention to Parts 2 and 3 of the tutorial. Also, in case Memtest86+ misses anything and comes up with no errors, run the extended version of the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool for at least five passes. These you may want to run overnight since they take a long time to complete (run them an hour before bed each of the next two nights and check before going to sleep that they are still running).

For Part 3: If You Have Errors: If you swap any memory components, follow these steps for ESD safety:Shut down and turn off your computer.
Unplug all power supplies to the computer (AC Power then battery for laptops, AC power for desktops)
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to close the circuit and ensure all power drains from components.
Make sure you are grounded by using proper grounding techniques, i.e. work on an anti-static workbench, anti-static desk, or an anti-static pad. Hold something metallic while touching it to the anti-static surface, or use an anti-static wristband to attach to the anti-static material while working.
Once these steps have been followed, it is safe to remove and replace components within your computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/229663-games-freeze-crash-pc-black-screen.html
Relevancy 62.35%

recently my graphics card seems to be having problems, because when ever i run a game and actually start playing the game freezes and crashes, wit those weird out colours spreading accros the screen. any ideas would help?

system specs:

amd athlon 64bit 3000+
512mb ram
256mb ati radeon 9550
80gb seagate barracuda

Edit: Please use proper thread titles from now on. Thanks.

A:Games freeze and crash with weird colours on screen.

Do the weird color patterns disappear after you quit the game you were trying to play? How do you manage to get rid of the weird colors spreading across the screen?

Make sure you have the latest Radeon Catalyst driver for your graphics card.

Here are the newest drivers for your video card for Windows XP Pro/Home:
http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/radeonx-xp.html

Click on the "Installation Instructions" on that page if you need them.

Make sure you uninstall the previous ones first. Keep us posted!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/games-freeze-and-crash-with-weird-colours-on-screen.66835/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi Gentlemen As my title post says it Freezing Freeze crash and i (Racin black rFactor run screen when Black Screening and Crashing when i am racing I racing using rFactor i got the impression it is from my video card but i am really not shure Freeze black screen and crash when i run rFactor (Racin Thank for the help i really dont know where to start Signature du probl me Nom d v nement de probl me BlueScreen Version du syst me Identificateur de param tres r gionaux Informations suppl mentaires sur le probl me BCCode BCP BCP E C FC BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Fichiers aidant d crire le probl me C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Denis AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Signature du probl me Nom d v nement de probl me BlueScreen Version du syst me Identificateur de param tres r gionaux Informations suppl mentaires sur le probl me BCCode BCP C BCP F BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Fichiers aidant d crire le probl me C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Denis AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml

A:Freeze black screen and crash when i run rFactor (Racin

Translation

Quote:
Problem signature:
Event Name problem: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 3084

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 00000000
BCP2: 86E2C8FC
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C: \ Windows \ Minidump \ 121809-17643-01.dmp
C: \ Users \ Denis \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ WER-28376-0.sysdata.xml

Hi DC Welcome to SF ,

Please post the dump file
http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...d-problem.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/47859-freeze-black-screen-crash-when-i-run-rfactor-racin.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Ok here s the deal for several months my computer would randomly freeze up the screen would go blank and would say No Signal - for about seconds then it would come right back up Solved: Freeze Screen Crash Error Blank and be fine My computer tech Solved: Freeze Crash Blank Screen Error guy could not figure it out Today my computer would freeze then the screen would go blank and NOT come back I would turn off the computer and restart and then it would work for a while and the same thing would happen again Sometimes the computer would freeze the display would show very low resolution and I would get a dialog box that said quot The nv disp display driver has stopped working normally Save your work and reboot the system to restore full display functionality The next time you reboot the machine a dialog will be displayed giving you a chance to upload data about this failure to Microsoft quot My tech came out today and reinstalled the display drivers I couldn t get the dialog box error thing to happen while he was here of course Solved: Freeze Crash Blank Screen Error and he was unable to find out what the problem was Help Thanks for your time Julie nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

Hi Tech Support Guy This is a long story so I will try to keep to the facts and things that may be useful to anyone willing to help Also I wasn t sure what logs to include so you can flame me for what you need Basically it started about Months ago I d get a random black screen every week or some nothing too major and I discounted it In the past month it has become much worse Every time I turn on the computer within mins of using it the video drivers will crash I mean they will crash and possibly recover like secs later or it will stay black screened and eventually reset Also the computer Screen/Driver on Black Crash/Freeze Boot will sometimes hang at boot indisciminately it will freeze on boot in safe mode menu in bios menu when the windows icon is loading Anywhere and any time it can black screen freeze Iv e also noticed that sometimes the computer will turn on and a dos like interface will come up with the blinking space looking thing and just sits there can t type or anything Its like it is failing to boot anything and just hanging What Ive Done Now before you give me all Black Screen/Driver Crash/Freeze on Boot the obvious answers im quite literate at computers I ve tried installing the most up to date video drivers tried rolling back to stable drivers I ve tried to remove drivers with driversweep in safemode and reinstall new ones Iv e tried it all tested different RAM run memtest run all kinds of diagnostics All will either freeze during the test or complete with no issues This had led me to believe that the problem doesn t lie with the Graphics card but with possibly the power supply or Mobo Months ago I was having BSODS so Umart my local replaced the graphics card to a GTX for me Ive also noticed after a freeze and rest I might not even be able to boot the computer for - hours It will turn on and no signal will be sent to the monitor Just hangs Whats really bothering me is the complete randomness It may work perfectly one hour and explode the next ANY help would be very much appreciated at im at wits end freezing every mins losing work games and vital university work Sorry for the illiterate typing and rage factor I m at the capacity of my technical knowledge here and really require some assistance I know your going to need my computer specs and other kinds of diagnosis information tell me what you need and I ll be happy to post anything Any program you want run and any test I just really want this fixed Thanks Reuben EDIT I did clean off my computer fix up desktop and do a run through with CCleaner and surprisingly that helped Did that couple weeks back and continue to do it although altely it hasn t helped at all EDIT I also about months back bought some new grease for my CPU and reattached it thinking this would solve the problem It did not nbsp

A:Black Screen/Driver Crash/Freeze on Boot

If it freezes entering the BIOS, there is a hardware issue.

List your full hardware specs.

You can test the HDD using the drive manufacturers disk tools available from their website.
You can test the RAM using Memtest86

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-driver-crash-freeze-on-boot.1002670/
Relevancy 62.35%

With Help from this forum about three months ago I was able to troubleshoot and fix issues with a defective installed Video Driver, but starting about a week ago once again I've been getting BSOD and also freeze-ups [without BSOD] that go to a Black Screen and then I need to reboot.

I had installed the latest Adobe flash upgrade minutes before this crash, after reboot system recommended a boot-up files fix from the menu that went on to restored the previous 'restore-point' configuration, apparently Flash was uninstalled [as Adobe/Flash requested a new install right after the reboot], unfortunately even so the system crashed a minute after again, this time I got a BSOD that reported something related to a Driver, unfortunately I forgot to do a screen-grab.

Hopefully this latest BSOD file dump is uploaded here, Could some one take a look and see which driver or what else could be causing a problem now?

Thanks

A:Sporatic BSOD and Black Screen Freeze-ups/Crash

Hi mackado,

I'm going to need 1 more log file to deduce the problem.

Please follow the steps below:
Go to: Start > Type: msconfig.exe - Press Enter
Go to the tab 'Boot'
Bottom of the window there are check-boxes, tick the one called 'Boot log'
Press Apply/OK
Shutdown the PC
Wait 10 seconds
Turn on PC
Go to - C:\Windows and find a file called ntbtlog.txt
Upload this file to this thread
Once you have uploaded the file, I will take a look and we'll see what we can do from there.

MistUnleashed

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/372690-sporatic-bsod-black-screen-freeze-ups-crash.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi everyone,

I've had voltage issues causing my computer to freeze or reboot during games and dvds. Fixed that and the computer was fine after memtest showing no problems. That was late Dec.

A few days ago, the computer would go to a blue screen saying it's dumping physical memory and then automatically reboots. Thinking my harddisk might be collapsing on me (I have a seagate barracuda 7200.11 500Gb HD with the SD15 firmware, the infamous crash friendly HD), I flash the HD with the SD1A firmware from seagate, then it was fine. 2days later, Catalyst started to cause problems by not responding, so I formated the drive and reinstalled vista ultimate, along with Catalyst, drivers from Mobo manufacturer ASUS, plus a couple of other softwares. That was yesterday, and now I'm getting the same blue screen back, or the computer just freezes.

Does anybody know what's wrong. It's happened a few times so I'm a bit worried.

A:screen freeze or blue screen needing reboot

What is the blue screen code.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/207832-screen-freeze-blue-screen-needing-reboot.html
Relevancy 61.92%

My Windows XP Pro PC Asus p Series motherboard Pentium processor GB Ram mb MSI Graphics Card Matrox RTX Video card keeps getting scattered glitches across the screen and then very soon after the system locks up freezes and then sometimes completely crashes The computer was self built about years ago mainly by a friend and its main purpose was to video edit but hasnt been right from the start I had used it and my crash scattered system lock across screen, up/freeze glitches ok and edited a few things but stopped using it for some time when it started to crash quite often I tried using it agian recently but now I get this happening within the first min of using it One thing i always thought was that it scattered glitches across my screen, system lock up/freeze and crash got to hot the software temperature gauge often showed it approaching red all the time but this was confusing because I have fans on the case scattered glitches across my screen, system lock up/freeze and crash one in a flap out the top of the case plus I mounted a fan in a spare AGP slot near the graphics card I wondered if the CPU was still over heating and causing this in that case I wouldn t have a clue what to do or if the graphics card was faulty in which case would I need a new one I wouldn t want to spend a lot in case this wasn t the problem Thanks scattered glitches across my screen, system lock up/freeze and crash in advance for any help you can give nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

Hello Recently i been having alot of these Random multiple Bsod which says IRQL NOT EQUAL OR LESS PAGE FAULTY IN NON PAGE AREA AND APC INDEX MISMATCH during copying downloading files and even playing games and internet explorer crashes alot too saying smthing about compatibility and im really frustrated Also i got Bsod while running system index rating on my newly fresh installed win Bsod,screen freeze,internet crash Please explorer Multiple Help! plus the fan isnt loud just a sudden bsod which im assuming not overheated issue Ive tried to reboot and run in safe mode to recover which is system restore but i still get bsod IRQL NOT EQUAL OR LESS so i run last known configuration and just open browsers Guess what after - mint Multiple Bsod,screen freeze,internet explorer crash Please Help! i got another Bsod Before this the fan was usually loud on window startup and running programs but it was solved after i change the ram position i think because it isnt loud anymore I let windows run on with nothing program running and it still Bsod itself after - mint I really dont know what should do next because ive tried everything i could based on other forum that i read may help and it still BSOD Ive tried to update my drivers like network graphic card chipset realtek sound and even bluetooth I was using Avast anti-virus before this in my previous win ultimate bit and which also Bsod the other forum suggest to clean format and reinstall windows without avast which is what im doing now but still with fresh installed win ultimate bit along with few important driver such as chipset realtek sound network i am still having Bsod with same dump Owh and sometimes while internet browsing my screen is freezed cant move or click anything but only my cursor weird isnt it It wasnt like this before i last format my laptop few months ago Im using a notebook Acer aspire about yr old GB the other GB ram is from a friend and it serve me well for about yr now geforce m AMD tutorion Ive tried with swapping the ram also using only ram to boot but still same issue came up PLUS i cant run memtest my lappy keep shutting down while running it for about - min the fan turned so loud nonstop is this normal to other notebook while running memtest Ive tried to run chkdsk with no errors currently have no anti virus just windows firewall A friend said my lappy might need a new thermal compound so i bought yesterday but hvent apply it yet Im tired and almost give up trying everthing to be honest im not a person who knows about these stuff What i know is when i install new window i use drivers from acer europe itself and it works just fine previously But now i cant play any games or even surfing internet all i want to do is save my lappy instead of buying new ones I hope i can find solution here please help any suggestion will be great and tyvm in advance sry for my bad english if there is

A:Multiple Bsod,screen freeze,internet explorer crash Please Help!

Please follow the blue screen posting instructions to provide the full reports for analysis.http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html
Provide the following information about your hardware so we can check compatibility:Download and install CPU-Z and Upload screenshots of the CPU, Mainboard, Memory, and SPD tabs. In the SPD tab, upload an image of each slot. To upload all screenshots, it would be best to:generate the images using the Snipping Tool,
go to where the images are saved,
right click in a blank area within the folder where the images are saved,
create a new folder,
name the folder CPUZ,
select all the images,
place the pointer over an image,
press and hold down the left mouse button and drag the image (all images should move with it),
drop the images into the CPUZ directory you created,
create a compressed (zipped) folder of CPUZ
upload the .zip file to the forums.
-----

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/multiple-bsod-screen-freeze-internet-explorer-crash-please-help-692617.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Just like the title says my rig will be running fine and then just stop on whatever report. randomly, Screen Must boot. crash freeze hard No frame was Screen freeze randomly, No crash report. Must hard boot. last pushed to the monitor No BSOD file is created and the only way to get back is to hard boot the system Also the last roughly quarter of a second of sound will loop quickly almost creating a buzz I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this please redirect me if it is I'm running out of options here but this is a list of things i've done already -Reseat memory -Memtest -Replace memory -Completely reinstall windows -run CHKDSK few errors found -Reinstall windows on a different hard drive -remove sound card -remove video card -test for overheating none found -turn down overclock None have had any effect Since Screen freeze randomly, No crash report. Must hard boot. it's not actually shutting down the computer i Screen freeze randomly, No crash report. Must hard boot. can't think of a way to record any type of crash log This has occurred when playing games watching video online editing video installing programs and also when the computer is on a screensaver However it went through an entire night running prime at a Ghz overclock with excellent temperatures C Right now my rig is sitting without a video card or sound card still having the same crash Any suggestions for tests or diagnostics welcome

A:Screen freeze randomly, No crash report. Must hard boot.

Hello and welcome Laureon try these in this order in safe mode if you have to but prefreably while the thing is going and delete any rubbish the scanners pick up

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

http://www.superantispyware.com/

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

(download from bleeping computer)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/309581-screen-freeze-randomly-no-crash-report-must-hard-boot.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I have a HP pavillion 7935. It works fine until I reboot, and then it freezes at the blue screen. No beeps. You can't use keyboard to access bios. It just freezes at the blue HP screen.

It started this about a month ago, and repeated power down and up eventually let it load. So far this time it hasn't worked.

Help!!!!!!!

A:Blue Screen Freeze

its possible your power supply finally died.
post back

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-freeze-79800.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi! I'm new to this site. The main reason why I registered is because I have this huge problem with my PC that I can't seem to solve myself. I was hoping to find some help here

Sometimes my computer freezes and then I get this message:

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/534/dsc05131ld5.jpg

Could somebody take a look and perhaps tell me how to read that code. I tried searching for it on google, but I didn't get any results.

A:Freeze and blue screen

Look under C:\windows\minidump and post the most recent file.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/freeze-and-blue-screen-180826.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Freezing screen and sometimes get MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION blue screen Ive tried so many programs logs cleaning etc I have been told my computer is dirty its my memory its my power source its my hard drive Ive got message saying windows has recovered from a serious problem and Freeze With Screen And/or Blue in my firefox came Freeze And/or Blue Screen With this http wer microsoft com responses Respons f - d c I started thinking it could be malware I have a four year old dell with XP I finally called them and ran diagnostics and memory passed but found errors on my hard drive So if it is in fact my hard drive Im looking for advice for getting my computer back to where it is now when i actually try to put this new drive in Here is link to my previous thread in hijack area http www bleepingcomputer com forums top tml entry It seems to work fine for most part it will record all morning but then when i try to do something like encode wav recordings into mp it freeze Thats half of what i use my computer for is recording and encoding to my mp player Thanks

A:Freeze And/or Blue Screen With

It would help if you were to tell us what you have been pocking and prodding it with. Have you gone to the web site of the manufacturer of your hard drive and downloaded their diagnostic tool? Have you downloaded memtest86 and run it?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/103148/freeze-andor-blue-screen-with/
Relevancy 61.49%

I am running Windows Vista. I recently installed Norton antivirus software and 3/4 the way thru a full scan the computer freezes a blue screen comes up telling me the computer must shut down which it does. I am able to reboot the computer I am not able to complete the virus scan. Does anyone know what the problem is and is there a solution. Thanks.
Rpollo

A:Blue Screen freeze

Suggest you run a CHKDSK and then try the Scan.
Have you tried the Norton Support site?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-screen-freeze-436255.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi all I have a Dell studio laptop with Windows Today when I was doing nothing out of the ordinary - browsing on legit sites like Facebook etc my computer froze A few moments later a blue screen appeared The only error code I could discern was X C It also said something about Freeze/Blue Screen checking any recently installed hardware and disabling the BIOS caching and shadowing whatever that means Since then every time I turn the computer on I am able to login and then about - seconds later it freezes and again after a few more moments I get the same blue screen The computer works in safe mode as well as quot safe mode with networking quot which is what I'm in now Freeze/Blue Screen I called up Dell and I have run tests on the harddrive and memory at their request neither of which returned any problems A couple of weeks ago I had the fan heat sink and motherboard replaced by Dell to solve an overheating problem Dell thinks the problem is software based on the fact that safe mode works and their tests all passed A week ago I used an installation CD from a company called Ask who provide the internet in the building that I have just moved into This CD warned me that it would change some settings in order to set up my internet connection but I am unable to find out exactly what it did This is the only software I have installed - although apparently I received a Crticial Windows Update just an hour or so before this problem started I have tried system restore to a point before I used this Ask thing to no avail Any ideas Thanks for any help

A:Freeze/Blue Screen

Hi and welcome to TSF please follow the instructions here http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html and attach the files this will give a analyst the info they require to try to solve your issue

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/freeze-blue-screen-665844.html
Relevancy 61.49%

hey guys i have a hp laptop running vista and help screen freeze says keeps pc blue it was working just fine untill one day it would just freeze out of no were and stay froze up then i would have to restart it only to just come back to it freezeing up on me untill one day i got a blue screen saying it needs to shut down and a error message came up kernal inpage data error x a help pc keeps freeze blue screen says so then i just took my back up disk and set the hole system back to factory settings thinking maybe a virus or some thing and that would clear it up then i tryed turn on again and did all the set up stuff afer reseting your pc and it was loading the updates and it just froze again and keep getting that blue shut down screen so then i took out one help pc keeps freeze blue screen says stick of ram and turned it back on and it worked fine so then i switch that one out with the other to do a vistas ram test i did that and the other one cheaked out fine then it went to restart and it would just stop in the post then i took that one out and put other back in and now it keep freeze up at post some one help plzzzzzzz i need this pc for my school work nbsp

A:help pc keeps freeze blue screen says

http://www.smartcomputing.com/techsupport/detail.aspx?guid=&ErrorID=23365 let us know...Jazz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-pc-keeps-freeze-blue-screen-says.677752/
Relevancy 61.49%

My system freezes after the system has been idle for some period of time and the system has been in sleep mode. When I move the mouse I see the screen to start under one of the users. When I click on the user to start using the computer i get the blue screen with an hour glass. I can not control alt delete. My only option is to do a reboot by holding in the power button.

My system is as follows:
Dell XPS DXC051 with and Intel Pentium 2.8 GHz with 2 GB of RAM
I am running XP Media Center Edition wersion 2002 with Service Pack 2
I have a home network and the cable tv feed is not currently hooked up.
I also run AOL.

If I hit alt and tab after a freeze I see what looks like an error message box with no writing. I cant do anything else as the system if frozen and i then reboot.

A:blue screen freeze

run
chkdsk /r
run
sfc /scannow

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-freeze-181685.html
Relevancy 61.06%

This is a BSOD or startup. Black Crash, Screen shortly Random after Freeze, strange problem my desktop has had for a fairly long time Usually my computer will work fine start up with no problems for several days Random Crash, Freeze, Black Screen or BSOD shortly after startup. in a row And then for reasons I don't know it sometimes will start crashing Usually the screen goes completely black and the computer completely non-responsive and it must be hard reset to get any response at all out of it A few times I've actually seen a brief BSOD but too brief to actually read it Random Crash, Freeze, Black Screen or BSOD shortly after startup. and see what Random Crash, Freeze, Black Screen or BSOD shortly after startup. is happening Sometimes the screen will just freeze where it is with the last bit of audio that was playing repeating nonstop The strangest thing about these crashes is they only happen a little bit after or during startup if the computer is fine for minutes I know it'll be fine until the next time it's turned off It has on a few occasions come up with a screen telling me that the CMOS is corrupted I've had startup repair run and tried some kind of hard drive diagnostic tool the startup repair couldn't find a problem and the tool said the hard drive was good I've seen it crash this way in the middle of the bios boot during login in safe mode pretty much any time during the first half-hour to hour of the computer being on But never afterward I ran the diagnostic tool the results are attached to this post Any help at all would be appreciated In case it has any effect on anything my computer used to be a Vista and a complimentary upgrade was used to make it windows

A:Random Crash, Freeze, Black Screen or BSOD shortly after startup.

Hello Xindaris.

It appears that you have tow antivirus programs installed? MSE and Avira?
Uninstall Avira. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.
Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.

Uninstall MagicISO. It may cause the BSODs as you explained.

ITEMVAUUEName MagicISO SCSI Host ControllerManufacturer MagicISO, Inc.PNP Device ID ROOT\SCSIADAPTER\0000Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\mcdbus.sys (2.7.106.519, 249.56 KB (255,552 bytes), 12/15/2009 5:17 PM)The SCSI adapter installed by MagicISO can cause start time BSODs.

The Display Driver is not Up to date.

Code:
fffff880`04884000 fffff880`0532f000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys
Image path: nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Fri Mar 15 07:07:00 2013 (51427B3C)
CheckSum: 00A8D47C
ImageSize: 00AAB000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Try to install NVIDIA DRIVERS 320.49WHQL

Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes, preferably overnight.

Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Are you overclocking? As you are getting BSODs, you should stop overclocking and run all the hardware components like CPU, GPU and RAM to their default settings. Also set the BIOS to default, too.
How To Clear CMOS (Reset BIOS)

Free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto start with it, but the auto start programs often conflicts and causes various problems including BSODs.
Click on the Start button
Type “msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the “Startup” tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
Let us know the results. And, is it a factory installed windows?

Code:
BugCheck 19, {3, fffffa8005182020, fffffa8005182000, fffffa8005182000}

Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+a53 )

Followup: Pool_corruption
----------------------------------------------------------------------
BugCheck A, {34e502010080, 2, 1, fffff80004079cc8}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+1849fd )

------------------------------------------------------------------------
BugCheck 50, {fffffa7f8009d9d2, 1, fffffa800626b187, 7}
Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup: memory_corruption
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
BugCheck 1A, {8886, fffffa8003a29150, fffffa8003a267e0, 500}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiUnlinkPageFromLockedList+19c )

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/297800-random-crash-freeze-black-screen-bsod-shortly-after-startup.html
Relevancy 61.06%

My PC crash/freeze from a long time now...i tryied everything i could do this is what i did to fix my problems but failed:
1:reinstall my pc
2:RegCure to clean my registery's
3:avira to remove my viruses
and like i said my pc crash when i play games or watch movies on full screen...
So how can i fix this problem its realy anoying...
Thanks in advance

A:My PC Crash/Freeze While playing games or watching movies on full screen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-pc-crash-freeze-while-playing-games-or-watching-movies-on-full-screen.908113/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello and thanks for reading I have a year old HP pavilion dv series laptop running windows Yesterday I turned it on and it started normally but when I tried to browse on Firefox it gave me the blue screen for the first time ever and it shut down Fearing I had a virus I ran it in safe mode blinking Laptop blue cursor crash HP screen screen black with now and started a scan and began HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor transporting my pictures via Dropbox just in case it died on me Sure enough a weird error message couldnt HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor figure out what program made the message pop up popped up saying I had a bunch of urgent viruses I didn t click on it at all and before I couldn t think of what to do the blue screen popped up and it shut down When I tried to restart it the HP splash sign popped up and the screen flickered black and a blinking HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor cursor started in the upper left corner So this is where I stand now Black screen with blinking cursor Set default setting in BIOS didn t work and F safe mode or F system restore does nothing The black screen just stays there Any ideas Is it a gonner I m hoping to get back on and get my pictures if possible Help please nbsp

A:HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor

sounds like a bug -click report and ask to move to malware forum

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-laptop-blue-screen-crash-now-black-screen-with-blinking-cursor.1033666/
Relevancy 60.63%

While playing games my computer all of a sudden freezes and then I either have to force hard reboot or wait for the blue screen of death to appear then reboot. I need help or suggestions how to fix this. I load alot of other things too and they run at the same time as well. My system is running windows 7 and I have nice hardware inside, but still I get these errors. I attached screen shot of the bsod so if can leave suggestions please do so.

windows 7
amd fx 6 core
8gb ram
180gb ssd
1tb hdd
geforce gtx 760
800 watt psu generic brand.

A:freeze + blue screen of death!

not likely to be malware if it mainly happens in games
moved to W7 forum

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/freeze-blue-screen-of-death.1109932/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi my Dell Dimension 9150 with, Windows 7 x86, 2gb ram, grafic Geforce 7900GTX.
Freeze all the time and also gets blue screens all the time.

I reinstalled comp few days ago, still same prob.
Removed antivirus also.

Please help me out, hope all info is enough i have .

Windows 7
x86
OEM
thx

A:computer freeze often and blue screen very often also

There is no dump in that one. Make sure you run the tool as administrator.
Otherwise try this procedure:

Quote:
Go to C:\Windows\Minidump and copy all of the dmp files to the desktop. Select all>right-click on one>Send to>New Compressed folder. Then attach the zip file to your next post by use of the paperclip icon in the advanced editor.

Quote:
Windows 7:
Go to Start and type in "sysdm.cpl" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Click on the Advanced tab
Click on the Startup and Recovery Settings button
Ensure that "Automatically restart" is unchecked
Under the Write Debugging Information header select "Small memory dump (64 kB)" in the dropdown box
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as "%systemroot%\Minidump" (without the quotes)
Click OK twice to exit the dialogs, then reboot for the changes to take effect.

If you are using any program such as CCleaner, they may clean out your minidump folder, please double check that

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/102329-computer-freeze-often-blue-screen-very-often-also.html
Relevancy 60.63%

First my full computer specs OS Name Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic Version Service Pack Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd System Model EG M-S System Type X -based PC Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Award Software International Inc F SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys SOFTWARE - Brand program Blue Screen... Kaboom! Freeze... version and build Freeze... Blue Screen... Kaboom! If Service Packs are installed mention these too - If the program produces an error either upload a screenshot of the error message ALT PrtScrn or literally quote the error in your post at the forum Preferred DRIVERS PROBLEMS I think this is a problem in the computer itself rather than the operating system which is why the OS says it's fine The problem During reboot when I am attempting to change the OS locations to try and repair Windows for example all USB drives shut off This also includes the time period where it allows me to select 'safe' mode ore regular mode This is extremely annoying and prevents me from further attempting to fix any problems OPERATING SYSTEM OS - Version of the OS If Service Packs are installed mention these too -Mentioned above - If the OS produces an error either upload a screenshot of the error message ALT PrtScrn or literally quote the error in your post at the forum Preferred -The Blue Screen of Death goes much too quickly before rebooting for me to get any information out of it When my computer tries to reboot I am sometimes given Quote Verifying DMI Pool Data Boot from CD DVD Press any key to boot from CD DVD which I can't do- see above A disk read error occurred once the CD DVD boot timed out and it tries to boot from system Press Ctrl Alt Delete to reboot which again I cannot do because of keyboard issues - Were there recent crashes that could have caused this problem -Yup complete freeze ups and blue screens - Did you install new software recently If this is the case Which software Brand version build -Yes I did but I completed a successful system restore to before it started - Did you do any of the following - Run a scan with an updated anti-virus program -Multiple different kinds including Nortons McAfee Microsoft avast and Threatfire - Run a scan with an updated anti-Trojan program See above - Run a scan with an updated root kit detection program This only for Windows NT W K and newer Ermm What - Run anti-spyware scans with at least two freshly updated anti-spyware programs If so which ones Yup Microsoft scanner Nortons McAfee avast and Threatfire If any of these program found something provide us with the information on what it they found Found nothing HARDWARE - Brand if any model and configuration of the system including which OS Service Packs etc See above I think - Type of hardware you're having the problem with Non ehtat I know of - Provide a description of the problem you encountered which is as exact as possible See below for full account - If you don't know your hardware specifications use Belarc Advisor it creates a detailed profile of the installed soft and hardware on your system including Microsoft Hotfixes and displays the results in your Web browser All of your PC profile information is kept private on your own PC and is not sent to any web server NOTE When providing this information please remove any licenses listed in the results IN ALL OF THE ABOVE - Provide us with information about the steps you have taken to solve the problem yourself this is important I have restored my computer to June th problems started June th I have update... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/freeze-blue-screen-kaboom-393375.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello and welcome to another BlueScream!!!

My Vista is;Home Premium

32bit
original OS
OEM Install

No new updates available

Service pack 2

Gateway M-6322

Intel(R) Pentium(R) dual CPU T2370 @ 1.73 GHz

3GB Ram

Please see the attached zip file.

I am having trouble getting the health report to a file and need more help there.

Crash will stop computer mainly with picture and video viewing and or just time based (Froze during antivirus check.)

McAfee, SuperAntiSpyware, and Malwarebytes, CCleaner are used.

Computer was working great and also noticed during check disk orphaned WerFaultSecure.exe was restored.... HUMMMMMM

Please help if you can...

KZ

A:Blue Screen/freeze and no reboot

Looks like its caused by your Super Anti Spyware
Uninstall using the uninstall tool if any.
The best combination of Software, used by me and many others is:
Microsoft Security Essentials
Malwarebytes
and Spyblaster
If you paid for AntiSpyware, the money is gone
might as well use some of the best and the same money is gone.

Make a system restore point before making changes so that you can go back if not satisfied.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/292382-blue-screen-freeze-no-reboot.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello guys Before we start i must apologie for my english I m from Argentina I use to read the forum and you freeze Xp blue on Weird screen ve helped me many times so here it is a big THANKS for the community I ve searched similar problems on the forum but couldn t find a solution The problem is very odd i got a Blue Screen error with random text ergo Weird blue screen freeze on Xp is Weird blue screen freeze on Xp not the same error all the time once every time i turn on the computer after some time using it The weird thing is that once i got the blue screen and reboot the error doesn t appear anymore until i turn off the pc and later turn it on again Let me explain i have this error only when i turn on the pc the error occurs in Xp after some time of use but if the error happend it wouldn t occur anymore unless i shut down the computer and start it again However i can restart with no problems Lets say that if i dont turn off the computer anymore the error won t appear anymore i ve tried format windows xp reinstallation windows vista Nothing worked THe problem seems to be a new ram module that i ve installed but it has no problems with memtest and it is strange that after one error if i dont shut down i can use the pc games internet etc with no problem at all the rams were running dual channel but now that i have modules they are on single channel My system Pentium IV hyperthreading Mother intel d perl gb ram pc modules and a pc module ddr wndows xp pro The bios is the last from intel Any ideas need more information Thanks really nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

I have an Acer Aspire X purchased Lately the computer has been freezing at the desktop when I attempt to access a program or Windows Explorer it does nothing This morning I got a blue screen something about quot Crash Dump quot and it recovered here is the problem signature after recovery I replaced my name with s in the USERs directory I am sorry for not following the forum instructions initially when creating a topic I have included the ATTACH and DDS logs below Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode e BCP FFFFFFFFC BCP FFFFF DA F C BCP FFFFF C A B BCP FFFFF C A OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xmlRead our privacy statement online up's blue screen Freeze today and http go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txtUNLESS SPECIFICALLY INSTRUCTED DO NOT POST THIS LOG IF REQUESTED ZIP IT UP amp ATTACH IT DDS Ver - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium Boot Freeze up's and blue screen today Device Device HarddiskVolume Install Date PMSystem Uptime AM hours ago Motherboard Acer WMCP MProcessor AMD Athlon II X Processor Socket AM mhz Disk Partitions C is FIXED NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM E is RemovableF is Removable Disabled Device Manager Items System Restore Points RP AM - Windows UpdateRP AM - Windows UpdateRP AM - Windows UpdateRP AM - Windows UpdateRP PM - Installed RapportRP PM - Installed Java Update RP AM - Scheduled CheckpointRP AM - Windows UpdateRP AM - Windows UpdateRP AM - Installed RapportRP AM - Windows UpdateRP AM Freeze up's and blue screen today - Installed HiJackThis Installed Programs Acer AssistAcer Backup ManagerAcer eRecovery ManagementAcer GamesAcer RegistrationAcer ScreenSaverAcer UpdaterAcrobat comAdobe AIRAdobe Flash Player ActiveXAdobe Flash Player PluginAdobe Reader MUIAdvertising CenterApple Application SupportApple Software UpdateBackup Manager AdvanceBing BarBookworm DeluxeCisco ConnectCompatibility Pack for the Office systemD DX Definition update for Microsoft Office KB eBay WorldwideerLTeSobi v French Dictionary Update for Office GamesBar Google ChromeGoogle Toolbar for Internet ExplorerGoogle Update HelperHiJackThisHotkey UtilityHP LaserJet Professional CM SeriesHP LJ CM MFP Series HP ScanHPLaserJetHelp LearnCenterHPLJUThppCM LaserJetServicehppFaxDrvCM hppFaxUtilityCM hppLaserJetServicehppSendFaxCM hppTLBXFXCM hpzTLBXFXI R I S OCRIdentity CardImagXpressiSEEK AnswerWorks English RuntimeJava Auto UpdaterJava Update Junk Mail filter updateLogitech SetPointMalwarebytes Anti-MalwareMesh RuntimeMessenger CompanionMicrosoft Office Access MUI English Microsoft Office Access Setup Metadata MUI English Microsoft Office Excel MUI English Microsoft Office Home and Student Microsoft Office OneNote MUI English Microsoft Office Outlook MUI English Microsoft Office PowerPoint MUI English Microsoft Office Proof English Microsoft Office Proof French Microsoft Office Proof Spanish Microsoft Office Proofing English Microsoft Office Publisher MUI English Microsoft Office Shared MUI English Microsoft Office Shared Setup Metadata MUI English Microsoft Office Single Image Microsoft Office Word MUI English Microsoft SilverlightMicrosoft SQL Server Compact Edition ENU Microsoft Visual C RedistributableMicrosoft Visual C Redistributable - KB Microsoft Word Font Repair MacroMicrosoft WorksMSVCRTMSVCRT amd MSXML SP KB MSXML SP KB MyWinLockerNero EssentialsNero ControlCenterNero DiscSpeedNero DiscSpeed HelpNero DriveSpeedNero DriveSpeed HelpNero Express HelpNero InfoToolNero InfoTool HelpNero InstallerNero Online UpgradeNero StartSmartNero StartSmart HelpNero StartSmart OEMNeroExpressneroxmlNorton Online BackupNorton Security SuiteNVIDIA ForceWare Network Access ManagerQuickTimeRapportRealtek High Definition A... Read more

A:Freeze up's and blue screen today

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerMy name is etavares and I will be working with you to fix your computer.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Please take note:If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.
If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available.If you are unable to perform the steps we have recommended please try one more time and if unsuccessful alert us of such and we will design an alternate means of obtaining the necessary information.Once we start working together, please reply back within 3 days or this thread may be closed so we can help others who are waiting. If you will be unable to respond (e.g. vacation, travel, etc.), please let me know ahead of time.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process. Please also continue to work with me until I give you the all clear. Even if your computer appears to act better, you may still be infected.If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again as instructed below, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:We need to create an OTL report,Please download OTL from this link.Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Under the Custom Scan box paste this in:

netsvcs
msconfig
drivers32 /all
%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\system32\*.sys /90
%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.*
%systemroot%\system32\Spool\prtprocs\w32x86\*.dll
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU
CREATERESTOREPOINT

Click the Quick Scan button.The scan should take a few minutes.Please copy and paste both logs in your reply.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step.Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER logIn your reply, please post both OTL logs and the GMER log. Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/394588/freeze-ups-and-blue-screen-today/
Relevancy 60.63%

I've recently built a new computer and it works amazingly except for the fact I get a blue screen once in a while I start up my computer. I tried to find a way to take a picture or something for the blue screen but it restarts a second after the blue screen appears. I couldn't get much information on the bluew screen but I remeber it said something like "no_page_setup" or something similiar. If I don't get the blue screen, sometimes my computer just freezes on me. this all happens right after the explorer loads up. I know I'm not being very descriptive but I can't get alot of information on it.

My computer specs are:
e6600 Intel Duo Core 2.4ghz
P6N SLI Platinum
Asus en8800gts 320mb
250gb SATA harddrive

Relevancy 60.63%

New user lurker for past month as I stumbled upon this site while trying to fix some problems I have been having I've run several programs to clean-up junk Ad-Aware with up's blue freeze screen and Stumped causes SE Spybot S amp D TDS- etc and thought I had problem solved Running XP Pro SP Computer starts up and runs fine for Stumped with blue screen causes and freeze up's a while When switching users sometimes blue screen pops up and system goes down Other times blue screen pops up out of nowhere Restart and of time will run normal of time computer freezes after log-in while programs are loading If I try to restart it sometimes freezes again other times it loads and runs Also I don't use IE but tonight I noticed that searching in the address bar isn't working as well I also see the quot hook quot is missing in the log Hope I didn't mess something up I'm stumped Don't know a lot so bear with me if I have questions I've made a log file and hope someone can help Thanks well in advance Log was analyzed using KRC HijackThis Analyzer - Updated on Get updates at http www greyknight com download htm programs Security Programs Detected c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C PROGRA Symantec LIVEUP LUCOMS EXE c Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe c Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - Service Symantec Event Manager - Symantec Corporation - c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe O - Service Symantec Password Validation - Symantec Corporation - c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccPwdSvc exe O - Service Symantec Settings Manager - Symantec Corporation - c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe O - Service Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service - Symantec Corporation - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe O - Service SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe O - Service ScriptBlocking Service - Symantec Corporation - C PROGRA COMMON SYMANT SCRIPT SBServ exe O - Service SymWMI Service - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Sony Handheld HOTSYNC EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www toshiba com search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www rr com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http toshibadirect com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http toshibadirect com R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - Hosts www dcsresearch com O - HKLM Run Notebook Maximizer C Program Files Notebook Maximizer maximizer startup exe O - HKLM Run xhrmy C WINDOWS Xhrmy exe O - HKLM Run lhlbqcdc C WINDOWS system lhlbqcdc exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - Startup HOTLLAMA Update Check lnk C Program Files HOTLLAMA MEDIA Player WiseUpdt exe O - Startup HotSync Manager lnk C Program Files Sony Handheld HOTSYNC EXE O - IERESET INF START PAGE URL http www toshiba com O - DPF E DE - - B - F -C E A F E Microsoft PID Sniffer - https support microsoft com OAS ActiveX odc cab O - Service C-DillaSrv - C-Dilla Ltd - C WINDOWS system DRIVERS CDANTSRV EXE O - Service Dcfssvc - Eastman Kodak Company - C WINDOWS system drivers dcfssvc exe End of KRC HijackThis Analyzer Log

A:Stumped with blue screen causes and freeze up's

Welcome to TSF.

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad. Make sure to work through the fixes in the exact order it is mentioned below. If there's anything that you don't understand, ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes. You should not have any open browsers when you are following the procedures below.

Go to My Computer->Tools/View->Folder Options->View tab and make sure that 'Show hidden files and folders' (or 'Show all files') is enabled. Also make sure that Display the contents of System Folders' is checked. Windows XP's search feature is a little different. When you click on 'All files and folders' on the left pane, click on the 'More advanced options' at the bottom. Make sure that Search system folders, Search hidden files and folders, and Search subfolders are checked.

For the options that you checked/enabled earlier, you may uncheck them after your log is clean. If we ask you to fix a program that you use or want to keep, please post back saying that (we don't know every program that exists, so we may tell you to delete a program that we think is bad to keep).

Turn off system restore by right clicking on My Computer and go to Properties->System Restore and check the box for Turn off System Restore. Click Apply and then OK. Restart your computer. After we are finished with your log file and verified that it's clean, you may turn it back on and create a new restore point.

If you have a fast internet connection (broadband), run an online virus scan at TrendMicro. Just follow the instructions on the site to run the online scan. Otherwise, make sure your antivirus program has the latest definitions and run a full system scan.

Reboot into Safe Mode (hit F8 key until menu shows up). Make sure to close any open browsers. Run a scan in HijackThis. Check each of the following and hit 'Fix checked' (after checking them) if they still exist (make sure not to miss any):

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
O1 - Hosts: 64.91.255.87 www.dcsresearch.com
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [xhrmy] C:\WINDOWS\Xhrmy.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [lhlbqcdc] C:\WINDOWS\system32\lhlbqcdc.exe

Delete the following Files/Folders (delete folders if no filename is specified) according to their directory (if none, just do a search for them) and delete them if they exist:

C:\WINDOWS\Xhrmy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lhlbqcdc.exe

Reboot into Normal Mode and run new HijackThis scan. If there were some entries that didn't show up in Safe Mode, you may check and fix those that appear now in normal mode (if you do that, make sure to run a new scan again). Save the log file and run KRC HijackThis Analyzer in the same folder to get the result.txt log. Just post the contents of the result.txt file in the forum.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/stumped-with-blue-screen-causes-and-freeze-ups-38574.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi guys I m new to these forums But I No Please blue Random Freeze / - Screen help ve subscribed because I really need help with a computer problem I ve tried everything but it still persists Here we go I have a Dell gaming PC using Random Freeze / No blue Screen - Please help Vista It freezes randomly I mean the mouse and keyboard don t work Not even the numlock key Usually it seems to happen when I m on the internet watching videos mostly but it still happens on other occasions There is no blue screen Random Freeze / No blue Screen - Please help to have at least some sort of clue as Random Freeze / No blue Screen - Please help to the cause of this My little work-around solution to this is to wait for a while after starting up Windows so that all the programs are completely loaded and not still processing I ve noticed some improvement by doing this but still it ends up crashing at some point anyway Besides I shouldn t have to wait everytime i turn my computer on I have to turn of off the comp by pressing the power button everytime it happens Now I ve already called Dell and they made me scan the hardware for problems using their tool that you can use at start up There was no problem Memory scan was okay and all Now they re telling me that it s a software problem but to have them solve it it costs a lot of money So I ve lived with this problem for a few months because I can t afford to fix it with their service it doesn t seem to mess up my data but it s annoying I m using McAfee I m suspecting maybe this one is responsable but I d like to have a good way figuring out the cause of the freeze Do you guys know if there are diagnosis tools I can use Or maybe what could be causing the freeze I ve tried disabling stuff in IE and installing Firefox instead but it still does it I ve tried a lot of stuff So I hope I ve been clear in my description I m pretty familiar with computers and stuff Usually I try everything I can and I do some research before asking anyone else nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

I have a Gateway NV A AMD Phenom X N ATI Mobility Radeon HD and GB DDR Memory and GB HDD I am running Windows bit It crashes basically whenever computer goes to sleep mode and when I try to hit enter and Freeze Crashes Screen Random and Blue and wake up the system from sleep mode I get this blue screen issue and below is what I get Blue Screen and Random Crashes and Freeze Any suggestions please And also I have no background in computers that much So some step by step instructions would be very much helpful So for now I have did system restore but I suspect the problem is not entirely fixed Thanks in advance Jason Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode f BCP BCP BCP F BCP FFFFF E OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Punukollu AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml And also can you please let me know as to how can I send these files to you since I couldn t find Blue Screen and Random Crashes and Freeze it Any help is very much appreciated

A:Blue Screen and Random Crashes and Freeze

We need to know more about your BSODs...Download BlueScreenView (in Zip file)No installation required.Unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program and When scanning is done, go to Edit > Select All.Then go to File > Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.Compliments of Broni

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/418231/blue-screen-and-random-crashes-and-freeze/
Relevancy 60.2%

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit on a Dell 540s. OS installed with no problems, but the display keeps freezing, meaning I have to switch it off with the power button. I also once got a 'Page fault in a nonpaged area' blue screen message

All I have installed so far, besides the OS, is Cubase SE from the CD, and drivers from the Roland website for my audio interface.

This computer was refurbished and I only bought it a couple of weeks ago. Does it sound like a problem that could be fixed? Thanks very much

A:Display freeze/blue screen message

Please provide the information from this post: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/display-freeze-blue-screen-message-478700.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Okay so this problem has happened to me once or twice in the past few months but in the past week or so it s become unbearable When starting my computer from sleep or otherwise Screen Total Freeze Blue or Death of my computer will occasionally freeze I m not talking something I can hit Ctrl Shift Blue Screen of Death or Total Freeze Delete on but all sound and movement is totally stopped To clarify this doesn t happen while windows is Blue Screen of Death or Total Freeze starting but up to a minute after windows has started and is functioning Sometimes instead of completely freezing and forcing a hard restart it will come up as a blue screen of death Sometimes it will finish it s emergency dump other times it will freeze half way through that I ve written down the important hopefully information on the stop error screen IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL jibber jabber about first time or not and what to do if you installed stuff resets etc Technical info STOP X A X X X XFFFFF B Crash dump information goes here What s interesting about this problem is if the computer manages to get past the first minute without having a heart attack it works perfectly fine If it does have a heart attack only the monitor freezes - the actual computer purrs away as if nothing happened I haven t installed anything of note and would like to avoid a factory reset if at all possible The issue I have can happen three or four times in a row holding the power button till shut down waiting then rebooting or start up the first time perfectly fine or somewhere in between It s starting to get really frustrating but I m also worried if there s something seriously wrong with my computer or if I m causing permanent damage Just some added info I use windows Help If you need some more information just let me know and I ll add what you need as soon as I can Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope you have the answer Thanks Dennis nbsp

A:Blue Screen of Death or Total Freeze

Hi there

It might be software or hardware...

Hardware - Most likely the RAM. Do a memory check.
Start the computer and keep pressing the F8 key. You will get to Advanced boot options.
Press Esc then Tab. You should now be on the Memory Diagnostic Tool. Run it.
Keep an eye on it. Any error then RAM is faulty. If the pc suddenly restarts without completing the check the
RAM is faulty as well

Software - Might have been an failed PC update or just corrupt driver.
Try starting in Safe Mode. Also the F8 option on start up.
And check Event Viewer for errors.
You can even try Microsoft Restore. Restore to a certain point in time where you did not have these issues. (Depending on how
far back you Recover, you will loose software installed in that restore period, NOT files)

Lastly, a backup and factory reset does wonders for the PC. Just check hardware first.

Hope this helps
Grant

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death-or-total-freeze.1131550/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hey everyone I seem to be having problems with my computer that I In-Game screen/Freeze(lockup)Mostly Blue completely formatted with a fresh install of the OS Vista I just got I upgraded about months ago I did not OC at all except for the factory OC on the GPU's that came OCed Before I get into the problems I will list you Blue screen/Freeze(lockup)Mostly In-Game my hardware and OS so you now what I am dealing with Video Cards BFG Blue screen/Freeze(lockup)Mostly In-Game Tech GTX's in SLI http www bfgtech com bfgr gtxoc e aspx Nvidia Driver at the Time It was either or Motherboard EVGA I FTW http www evga com products moreInf board Family Computer Case Antec http www antec com usa productDeta n us amp id Power Supply Thermaltake W http www newegg com Product Produc E CPU Intel Q quad core http www newegg com Product Produc E CPU Cooler Zerotherm Nirvana mm http www newegg com Product Produc herm nirvana HDD's WD Gig Raptor X's in Raid and WD Gig storage drive Memory Gigs of Corsair Dominator PC mhz I bought this gb kit http www newegg com Product Produc E and the other gb kit is http www newegg com Product Produc E OS Windows Vista bit Home Premium SP The video cards which ran perfect and fine no problems when I was running on XP drivers on XP power supply Ran fine before Raptor X's in raid HDD's also ran fine before but was not in Raid when I was running on XP They were transferred over to the new build everything else is brand new I will now list the problems I seem to be having lockup or freeze in World of Warcraft which forced me to restart my computer crash to Blue screen while on desktop in Teamspeak the communication program I didn't write down the blue screen error this time because automatic restart was enabled at the time lockup or freeze after I alt tabbed to desktop to check my task manager I was in the crysis main menu not actually playing the game then while I clicked back to the program crysis half way when the screen was coming back up to the main menu in crysis it froze blue screens in crysis while only about seconds to min of play time It goes to a black screen for about seconds and gives me the Vista hourglass like it's trying to load something When I try to load up crysis now I cant even get to the EA logo or other sponsers I just get a crash to desktop Blue Screen error Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed Technical Information Stop x xfffffa ca xfffffa x x D Other Tech Info nvlddmkm sys -address fffffa base at fffffa f date stamp ebdb b I really only took out the most important information on the blue screen What do you think is going on I really need your help with this guys gals any information will be much appreciated Sincerely Justin

Relevancy 60.2%

Things have been acting weird on Freeze first screen got Random my mins 5 blue ago and my computer after I opened up a file attachment from my professor I generally do not trust the computer systems at my school but like a fool I opened the attachment anyways I immediately got this bad feeling and ran malewarebytes Malewarebytes found a kind of key logging software and i forget the name of it I googled it and ran through a tutorial on how to remove it However I do not think I removed everything and I fear the worst As far as a specific Random Freeze and got my first blue screen 5 mins ago message is concerned I do not think that I am getting one Unless you want a picture of the blue screen I am not exactly sure what Random Freeze and got my first blue screen 5 mins ago else to do DDS txt is as follows DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Tyra Banks at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated AD D -BA - C - - A AD B SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP avast Antivirus Enabled Updated ACCC CA - C - C - B -AFE D E Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe C Windows system svchost exe Random Freeze and got my first blue screen 5 mins ago -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Belkin Router Setup and Monitor BelkinService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows SysWOW svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi LMIGuardianSvc exe C Program Files x AVG SafeGuard toolbar AVG-Secure-Search-Update MAY TB exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NVIDIA Update Core daemonu exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows SysWOW PnkBstrA exe C Windows SysWOW PnkBstrB exe C ProgramData Skype Toolbars Skype C C Service c c service exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- -ui exe C Windows system svchost exe -k HPService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows WindowsMobile wmdc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k WindowsMobile C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NVIDIA Update Core NvTmru exe C Program Files x DAEMON Tools Lite DTLite exe C Program Files x Winamp winampa exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files x Logitech G G exe C Program Files Rainmeter Rainmeter exe C Program Files HTC ModeSelection VMMModeSelection exe C Program Files x Belkin Router Setup and Monitor BelkinRouterMonitor exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files x SteelSeries World of Warcraft reg MMO Gaming Mouse Legendary Edition WoWMHID exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast avastui exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files x Belkin Router Setup and Monitor Be... Read more

A:Random Freeze and got my first blue screen 5 mins ago

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number). Please downloadJunkware Removal Tool to your Desktop.Please close your security software to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or 7, right-mouse click it and select Run as administrator.The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete, depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your Desktop and will automatically open.Please post the contents of JRT.txt into your reply.===Please restart the computer before running this security check.Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.p.s.If the SecurityCheck program fails to run for any reason, run it as an Administrator.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM.Let me know what problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/513761/random-freeze-and-got-my-first-blue-screen-5-mins-ago/
Relevancy 60.2%

Strange I quot m not sure why Freeze issue) System (non-blue screen it is I m starting to get nervous that if it keeps happening it will System Freeze (non-blue screen issue) damage my system I ll either be using Wow exe program or System Freeze (non-blue screen issue) Ventrilo most of the time when it happens but its happened without using them as well When all of a sudden my whole system freezes upCant move mouseCant hit any key to bring up task managercant escape out of the current situation Only option is to reset the unit When I do so and while my bios are loading I get a warning saying to quot re-setting Frequency or Voltage to CMOS and Memory quot whatever that means I went into my bios I didn t see anything for frequency to check but I did put the voltages up all were in the green to see if that would help but still have the issue what should I be checking for PSRan AVG and Mal-ware Bites in Safe Mode and found nothing DXDiag System information if more is needed to help me please let me know ------------------System Information------------------Time of this report Machine name PLEASUREZONE Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit Build win rtm - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer EVGA System Model nForce i SLI BIOS Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG Processor Intel reg Core Duo CPU E GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAMAvailable OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode

A:System Freeze (non-blue screen issue)

Sounds like you are experiencing a common problem known to most computer users.

Its time to inspect the internal workings of your computer for dust accumulation.

I suggest you check all cooling fans and any heat sinks for dust built up inside the computer.

Overheating is a common reason for system freeze ups, things get to hot and shut down or seize up.

Please check this situation out before attempting any further fixes.

Kind regards.

Bruce.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/338188/system-freeze-non-blue-screen-issue/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hey, it's my first time here, I have a windows xp with service pack 2, and it freezes just before it would normally load the desktop, on the 'microsoft windows xp' blue screen. It does not come up with the normal "loading your personal settings" message, and after countless restarts and cursing it still refuses to load.

I was having problems slot since my cousin came over and downloaded lots of software for fairly dubious providors, which resulted in a Trojan which I removed using windows defender. The computer started to work normally again, and then this happened... I want to avoid a format if at all possible, there are many photographs in there that I do not want to loose.

A:Freeze just before desktop, on normal blue xp screen

Hello Dajox

Have you tried booting into Safe Mode (F8 during bootup)
Try "Last Known Good Configuration"
Or
System Restore
Choose
'Safe mode with command prompt'

At the command prompt type
C:\Windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

Hopefully this will open System Restore, so restore to before the problem started
http://bertk.mvps.org/

If you can get into XP I think you should check for malware
We cannot help you with malware removal in this forum.
Please read ?Virus/Trojan/Spyware Removal Help ? and follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information in the Virus Help Forum
If you cannot complete any step, just miss it out and do what you can, but be sure to include this information in your post.
Please ensure that you create a new thread in the Virus Help Forum; not back here in this one.

Please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/freeze-just-before-desktop-on-normal-blue-xp-screen-427901.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have been experiencing these crashes and freeze ups for a long time.I have done everything i can think of including multiple fresh installs,but that didn't seem to help.I was told it may be hardware related..

My first guess as to why it was happening was that the pc was being pushed to it's limits by too much activity at once.Browsing the web,running Limewire,and watching TV on the pc.

These are the errors that appear when the blue screen crashes occur.I sure hope someone can help.

BAD_POOL_CALLER

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

WIN32K.SYS

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

A:Blue Screen Crashes & Occaisional freeze ups

http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php

Quote:

0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
(Click to consult the online Win XP Resource Kit article, or see Windows 2000 Professional Resource Kit, p. 1539.)
Typically due to a bad driver, or faulty or incompatible hardware or software. ...Technically, this error condition means that a kernel-mode process or driver tried to access a memory location to which it did not have permission, or at a kernel Interrupt ReQuest Level (IRQL) that was too high. (A kernel-mode process can access only other processes that have an IRQL lower than, or equal to, its own.)

Quote:

0x0000004E: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
(Click to consult the online MSDN article.)
This indicates that the memory management Page File Number list is corrupted. Can be caused by corrupt physical RAM, or by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists.

Quote:

0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

Quote:

0x000000C2: BAD_POOL_CALLER
A kernel-mode process or driver incorrectly attempted to perform memory operations. Typically, a faulty driver or buggy software causes this.

Quote:

0x000000AB: SESSION_HAS_VALID_POOL_ON_EXIT
(Click to consult the online MSDN article.)
This indicates that a session unload occurred while a session driver still held memory. Specifically, a session driver is not freeing its pool allocations prior to a session unload. This indicates a bug in win32k.sys, atmfd.dll, rdpdd.dll, or a video driver.

(note win32k.sys is a kernal mode process which handles system service calls for things such as video card drivers and printer drivers it calls such things as directX , Direct3d and NtUser)

So it would appear you have a problem with either memory or an incompatible peice of hardware, possibly your video card.
Normally, if you check the stop error, it will include the memory addresses which caused this or the dll file . This can be used to determine what device is causing the problem.

My first advice would be to update your motherboard chipset drivers , then your video card drivers, then sound card and any PCI card devices.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-crashes-and-occaisional-freeze-ups-81434.html
Relevancy 60.2%

My computer reboot allone while I'm using it or the screen freeze. After many driver installation, I have desactivated the Nvidia driver and now work fine.

I consider that is not normal to don't use the graphic performance of nvidia card to have stability of computer, could you please help me to solve this issue?

Thx
Thierry,

Mod's Edit: posting moved to its own thread.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-A-B-C-N-S-Flex-Horizon/AIO-700-24ISH-freeze-or-blue-screen-of-death/td-p/3295069
Relevancy 60.2%

Heya I set Video/Audio Freeze, Blue Screen up my first cutom PC a while ago and for some reason it keeps freezing and crashing This happens more or less every time I use it Video/Audio Freeze, Blue Screen - not straight away but I usually can t go a whole session without doing it at least once When it freezes if I m playing music in the background that will freeze up too and just buzz loudly Recently it has started bluescreening too so after my google searching of similar problems provided no answers I decided to make an account and ask what the problem could be and how I could fix it for myself with my specific build My specs are as follows Motherboard EVGA nForce i Ultra SLi Socket PCI-Express DDR Processor Intel Core Quad Q LGA Yorkfield GHz MB-cache Memory OCZ GB DDR PC - C MHz Platinum x GB Dual Channel DDR GB total Hard Drive Samsung SpinPoint F TB SATA-II MB Cache Video Card HIS ATI Radeon HD X MB GDDR TV-Out Dual DVI HDMI PCI-Express Operating System Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate SP -Bit Power Supply Enermax Galaxy W Any ideas on what could be wrong and how I could fix it It would be such a relief to finally have a reliable computer especially after how much I ve spent on it nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi, have a freeze/blue screen and annoying buzz problem with my computer when i am watching, playing or do work for my school (student). example I can go on the internet look up something and it works.. I click a different video it does a freeze/blue screen and annoying buzz till I have to turn it off. School work same and games also. ANY ideas what can be the problem? [HP Pavilion p6610f] any suggestions much appreciated thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/390603/freezeblue-screen-and-annoying-buzz/
Relevancy 60.2%

While trying to fix the Trojan Win Sirefef issue this problem occurs After starting the pc it shows a blue screen with texts saying it s dumping physical files Restarted the pc and after restarts PC freeze Blue and slowly screen, logging in the screen freezes This pc is running on VISTA bit Here s the log after running BSOD Dump File Mini - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Bug Check Code x e Parameter xc Parameter x Parameter x d a Parameter x d Caused By Driver hal dll Caused Blue screen, PC restarts slowly and freeze By Address hal dll File Description Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version lh sp rtm - Processor -bit Crash Address Stack Address ntkrnlpa exe c Stack Address ntkrnlpa exe a da Stack Address ntkrnlpa exe d fe Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File Blue screen, PC restarts slowly and freeze Mini - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Bug Check Code x e Parameter xc Parameter x Parameter x d a Parameter x d Caused By Driver Caused By Address File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor -bit Crash Address Stack Address ntkrnlpa exe c Stack Address ntkrnlpa exe a da Stack Address ntkrnlpa exe d fe Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File Mini - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Bug Check Code x e Parameter xc Parameter x Parameter x d b Parameter x d b Caused By Driver Caused By Address File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor -bit Crash Address Stack Address ntkrnlpa exe cea Stack Address ntkrnlpa exe d f Stack Address ntkrnlpa exe d c Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File Mini - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Bug Check Code x e Parameter xc Parameter x Parameter x d ba Parameter x d b Caused By Driver Caused By Address File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor -bit Crash Address Stack Address ntkrnlpa exe c Stack Address ntkrnlpa exe a da Stack Address ntkrnlpa exe d fe Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File Mini - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Bug Check Code x e Parameter xc Parameter x Parameter x d fa Parameter x d f Caused By Driver hal dll Caused By Address hal dll File Description Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version lh sp rtm - Processor -bit Crash Address Stack Address ntkrnlpa exe c Stack Address ntkrnlpa exe a da Stack Address ntkrnlpa exe d fe Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File Mini - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Bug Check Code x e Parameter xc Parameter x Parameter x d a Parameter x d Caused By Driver hal dll Caused By Address hal dll File Description Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version lh sp rtm - Processor -bit Crash Address Stack Address ntkrnlpa exe c Stack Address ntkrnlpa exe a da Stack Address ntkrnlpa exe d fe Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File Mini - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Bug Check Code x e Parameter xc Parameter x Parameter x d a Parameter x d Caused By Driver Caused By Address File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor -bit Crash Address Stack Address ntkrnlpa exe c Stack Address ntkrnlpa exe a da Stack Addre... Read more

A:Blue screen, PC restarts slowly and freeze

==================================================
Dump File : Mini020611-01.dmp
Crash Time : 06/02/2011 11:55:48
Bug Check String : ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC
Bug Check Code : 0x100000b8
Parameter 1 : 0x870f1030
Parameter 2 : 0x84d366c8
Parameter 3 : 0xa69ea000
Parameter 4 : 0x00000000
Caused By Driver : USBPORT.SYS
Caused By Address : USBPORT.SYS+19dc
File Description : USB 1.1 & 2.0 Port Driver
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.0.6002.18005 (lh_sp2rtm.090410-1830)
Processor : 32-bit
Crash Address : ntkrnlpa.exe+b49a6
Stack Address 1 : ntkrnlpa.exe+b8881
Stack Address 2 : ntkrnlpa.exe+b86b9
Stack Address 3 : USBPORT.SYS+17f9
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini020611-01.dmp
Processors Count : 2
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 6001
Dump File Size : 139 008

Dump File : Mini020211-01.dmp
Crash Time : 02/02/2011 22:48:56
Parameter 1 : 0x873d9758
Parameter 2 : 0x83e682d8
Parameter 3 : 0x8175d000
Caused By Driver : usbhub.sys
Caused By Address : usbhub.sys+1b90
File Description : Default Hub Driver for USB
Stack Address 1 : ntkrnlpa.exe+3865a
Stack Address 2 : usbhub.sys+1b90
Stack Address 3 : usbhub.sys+1319
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini020211-01.dmp

Dump File : Mini011411-01.dmp
Crash Time : 14/01/2011 12:30:18
Parameter 1 : 0x83e2cae8
Parameter 2 : 0x87103318
Parameter 3 : 0x8039a000
Caused By Driver : hal.dll
Caused By Address : hal.dll+730c
File Description : Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
Crash Address : ntkrnlpa.exe+b4ae9
Stack Address 1 : hal.dll+750c
Stack Address 2 : hal.dll+75b0
Stack Address 3 : hal.dll+3f6b
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini011411-01.dmp

Dump File : Mini122410-01.dmp
Crash Time : 24/12/2010 09:39:43
Parameter 1 : 0x87268ac0
Parameter 2 : 0x871fc1f0
Parameter 3 : 0x81540000
Caused By Driver : ntkrnlpa.exe
Caused By Address : ntkrnlpa.exe+b49a6
File Description : NT Kernel & System
File Version : 6.0.6002.18607 (vistasp2_gdr.120402-0336)
Stack Address 1 : ntkrnlpa.exe+b8881
Stack Address 2 : ntkrnlpa.exe+b86b9
Stack Address 3 : ndis.sys+c0732
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini122410-01.dmp
===========... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screen-pc-restarts-slowly-and-freeze.183377/
Relevancy 60.2%

So I recently purchased this laptop from Aarons Rent a center Wasn t Solved: Screen and issues Blue Freeze having any issues until recently I have been freezing up and getting kicked off and goes Solved: Blue Screen and Freeze issues to blue screen Today IE froze and gave me this report back with these issues listed below I use to come to this site many years ago and have always liked the help I got So I am back There was a few programs a support person had me run as well spy bot and ad aware I think But I am not sure So I haven t tried them Files that help describe the problem C Users aaron AppData Local Temp WER tmp appcompat txt C Users aaron AppData Local Temp WER C tmp version xml C Users aaron AppData Local Temp WER DA tmp WERInternalMetadata xml C Users aaron AppData Local Temp WERBE tmp WERDataCollectionFailure txt C Users aaron AppData Local Temp WERBE tmp xml this is the error I got when it went to blue screen C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users aaron AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users aaron AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD E - APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA Portable PC Antivirus None nbsp

A:Solved: Blue Screen and Freeze issues

closing duplicate, please do not create duplicate threads for the same issue. You are receiving assistance over at http://forums.techguy.org/virus-other-malware-removal/1130298-hjt-log-please-advise.html

thanks,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-blue-screen-and-freeze-issues.1130296/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have been experiencing these crashes and freeze ups for a long time I have Blue freeze Crashes Occaisional & ups Screen done everything i can think of including multiple fresh installs but that didn't seem to help My first guess as to why it was happening was that the pc was being pushed to it's limits by too much activity at once Browsing the web running Limewire and watching TV on the pc Along with my Hijackthis report i have Blue Screen Crashes & Occaisional freeze ups provided the errors that appear when the blue screen crashes occur I sure hope someone can help Please advise if i have posted this wrong Thanks BAD POOL CALLER PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA PFN LIST CORRUPT WIN K SYS IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Logfile of Blue Screen Crashes & Occaisional freeze ups HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C Blue Screen Crashes & Occaisional freeze ups WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files ATI Multimedia main ATIDtct EXE C Program Files ATI Multimedia main ATISched EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Symantec NORTON GHOSTS EXE C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C HJT HijackThis exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www theweathernetwork com wea s CAON htm O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAX quot C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe quot tray O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run AVG EMC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run RecoverFromReboot C WINDOWS Temp RecoverFromReboot exe O - HKCU Run ATI DeviceDetect C Program Files ATI Multimedia main ATIDtct EXE O - HKCU Run ATI Scheduler C Program Files ATI Multimedia main ATISched EXE O - HKCU Run seticlient C Program Files SETI home SETI home exe -min O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button ATI TV - DFF- E- edc-B C- E CD C - C Program Files ATI Multimedia tv EXPLBAR DLL O - Extra button no name - d f - f - d - - c a - windir bdoscandel exe file missing O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v - d f - f - d - - c a - windir bdoscandel exe file missing O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger MSMSGS EXE O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger MSMSGS EXE O - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid O - DPF D DDB -BDF - B- E E-D F EE BDSCANONLINE Control - http download bitdefender com reso an oscan cab O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com windowsu O - DPF E A BF-FD - A- C- EB E AE Housecall ActiveX - http us-housecall trendmicro-europ vex hcImpl cab O -... Read more

A:Blue Screen Crashes & Occaisional freeze ups

Your log is clean. The error messages your posting are Windows and hardware related errors. It's likely something in your PC is conflicting with windows. Ask your question in the XP forum or hardware forum since you reinstalled..this may be a hardware issue.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/blue-screen-crashes-and-occaisional-freeze-ups-81328.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi everyone I m at my wit s end I m just going to copy and post here what I posted over at reboot Beep, freeze, blue screen, GG I figure the more people who read this the better chance I have of solving it Sorry for the long post but here are the multiple posts about my issues It s quite the chronicle Beep, freeze, blue screen, reboot Man am I going crazy I just bought a new HP a n w an amd mb ram I installed my Radeon pro mb and my old soundblaster live Beep, freeze, blue screen, reboot card I played Farcry and the Beep, freeze, blue screen, reboot tower would beep every so often in the middle of playing the HP tower not a tower in the game Suddenly the game would freeze for a second and then the whole screen would turn blue and the system would freeze until I reboot This never happened outside of the game So I m playing Morrowind and the same thing happens the tower beeps just one beep a few minutes pass then another lone beep Then the frozen blue screen I called up HP they walked me through a few steps and things seemed to be working fine In comes Doom Everything is fine I install the new ATI beta and a few hours later beep freeze blue screen reboot I roll back to a previous driver through device manager and to be safe I reinstall the previous non-beta driver Now the freezes are closer together I m doing a system restore from this past Monday to see if it helps Does anyone know why this is happening HP was helpful but it keeps happening Is it possible the new computer is a lemon Should I do a full system recovery Please help And thanks ahead of time Ok so I did a system recovery after spending a couple of hours burning all my files to cds It reboots with all of my programs and files still there I thought they would be gone Is this normal Then I boot up Doom and the SAME BEEPING NOISE comes from the tower I removed all drivers from the old card installed my Radeon Pro installed the new drivers and everything seems fine I also have the power cable hooked up to the card inside the case so as far as I know the card s fan should be working but I do think all of these problems come from the card installation and the card worked fine in my P Is there a way to find out if the card is getting enough juice Or if it s taking too much juice from the case I will call ATI tomorrow when they open I think I found the problem In bios the video card setting I don t remember exactly what it s called was set to PCI and not AGP Apparently when you install a new card the bios resets to PCI I HOPE that this was the problem w the lock ups and BSOD I guess I ll have to play Doom for a few hours to make sure it doesn t lock up Now the bios is set to AGP Does anyone know about the effects of setting it wrong in bios Does it make sense that this was the problem I ll try the cooling technique Do you think it might be a power issue I have the card hooked up to the power inside the case but would power suddenly become an issue in a high-end game Is there a more stable way to cool the case than keep it open with a fan blowing on it or a way to check the power Eureka I think I finally opened up the tower and looked at the power supply it was watts According to http www jscustompcs com power supply I needed at least watts So I bought a watt power supply loaded her up and now for the test one straight hour of Doom I hope that this cures the problem DAMN IT You see everything seems to be running fine Doom cruises along great the power supply was installed easily and the computer is running without a glitch But then when playing a game the tower STILL BEEPS I turn off the game before the system crashes at that point This happened with the computer on my desk rather than IN the desk with the case open So I ve -spoken to tech support with HP and ATI ATI suggested power may be the issue hence the new power supply HP tried but did not come close to solving the problem -I ve done a system recovery but nothing changed -I ve changed the power supply but nothing has c... Read more

A:Beep, freeze, blue screen, reboot

Hello and welcome to TSG!

Did you properly install the video card's power extension cord (pp. 8-9)? The computer will beep exactly as described if you did not install it correctly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/beep-freeze-blue-screen-reboot.258920/
Relevancy 59.34%

I think I am another victim of google redirect screen - Blue redirect IE and computer - freeze Google virus It first started when I tried to search something on IE search provider google Almost all the websites were redirected Then IE and computer started to freeze frequently I had to turn it off and restart manually Google redirect - IE and computer freeze - Blue screen And lately I started to Google redirect - IE and computer freeze - Blue screen get blue Windows screen I'd greatly appreciate if anyone could help me Thanks a lot Ilker DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Administrator at on Mon Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Trend Micro OfficeScan Antivirus On-access scanning enabled Updated CA B AB- - D C- - EBE AE FW Trend Micro Personal Firewall enabled E E E- A D- -A F - EC F EB Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Toshiba GUty tw gsvc exe C Program Files Seagate Basics Service SyncServicesBasics exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client ntrtscan exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Applet TAPPSRV exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client tmlisten exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client TmPfw exe C WINDOWS TEMP YD B EXE C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client CNTAoSMgr exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client TmProxy exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client pccntmon exe C WINDOWS system TPSMain exe C Program Files Protector Suite QL psqltray exe C WINDOWS system TPSBattM exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www msn com mStart Page hxxp www msn com BHO IDMIEHlprObj Class c - - b-a bf- b c a a - c program files internet download manager IDMIECC dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB EA E- D - AF- AD-B C AB - No File mRun OfficeScanNT Monitor quot c program files trend micro officescan client pccntmon exe quot -HideWindow mRun TPSMain TPSMain exe mRun PSQLLauncher quot c program files protector suite ql launcher exe quot startup dRun CTFMON EXE c windows system CTFMON EXE IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c progra micros office REFIEBAR DLL DPF Microsoft XML Parser for Java - file C WINDOWS Java classes xmldso cab Handler skype com - FFC B - B - DFF- - C DD F D - c progra common skype SKYPE DLL Notify igfxcui - igfxdev dll Notify psfus - c windows system psqlpwd dll SSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - c windows system WPDShServiceObj dll LSA Notification Packages psqlpwd scecli FIREFOX FF - ProfilePath - c docume admini applic mozilla firefox profiles b drrki default FF - prefs js browser search defaulturl - hxxp search yahoo com search fr ffsp amp p FF - prefs js browser search selectedEngine - Google FF - prefs js browser startup homepage - FF - prefs js keyword URL - hxxp search yahoo com search fr ffds amp p FF - plugin c documents and settings administrator application data mozilla firefox profiles b drrki default extensions firefox tvunetworks com plugins npTVUAx dll FF - plugin c program files google picasa npPicasa dll FF - plugin c program files mozilla firefox plugins npdeployJava dll FF - plugin c program files mozilla firefox plugins npViewpoint dll FF - plugin c program files tvuplayer npTVUAx dll FF - plugin c program files veetle player npvlc dll FF - plugin c program files veetle plugins npVeetle dll FF - plugin c program files veetle vlcbroadcast npvbp ... Read more

A:Google redirect - IE and computer freeze - Blue screen

Hello skywriter013 and welcome to TSF

Please use this guide to download and run ComboFix http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

Temporarily disable your Anti-Virus program and close ALL other windows including browsers and double-click on ComboFix.exe.

Allow ComboFix to run a scan. When complete a log will pop open in Notepad (C:\ComboFix.txt). Copy/paste the log here.

*NOTE ComboFix may need to restart your computer, please DO NOT run any programs or change any settings until the log opens.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/google-redirect-ie-and-computer-freeze-blue-screen-490160.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Well where do i begin...
My computer lately and somewhat for a while has been freezing/ slowing down. sometimes my internet wont work ether. If the lagg/ freeze is to long it will pull up the blue screen of death. Only for the past 2 days my laptop has been starting to download some sort of file but i have no idea what it is. Also when i play Diablo 2 (a old PC game, very fun) when i press the TAB button some little window will close the game and show me my running files, and that ruins the entire game... every time i scan for viruses they never show up. Only now that i took off a lot of programs from my start up it is working a little faster but the tab button thing and the random download is still happening. if anyone can help plz tell me. also respond if you have had the same problems.

A:Freeze, Random downloads, Blue Screen of Death

Hello mikelion123,There could be any number of causes for your laptop's "slowness": Overheating, RAM issues, Hard drive, Software, or Malware. My preference is to rule out the latter first and then deal with the other issues. I know you have scanned for viruses and found none, but there may be deeper, more insidious malware at work; this mysterious downloading in the background for example. Could be a Microsoft update or could be something unwanted. My recommendation would be to post in the Bleeping Computer's Am I Infected Forum?If they determine that you are malware free then you can return to this forum where your mindump files, hardware components, and software can be examined further. The decision is yours.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/438481/freeze-random-downloads-blue-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 59.34%

It has happily been a few years since I've needed help from this forum but here I am again The problem starting yesterday my laptop started freezing up all Repeated Screen min 10 computer Restart by Blue and of followed Freeze after use apps buttons frozen mouse cursor arrow can move but no functionality with clicking no response from cntrl-alt-delete followed by the dreaded Blue Screen flashing too fast to read all the info and the computer restarts Starting normally incurs the same problem fine for ish minutes then crash and restart Crash does not seems related to running a particular program as it has happened while using different programs are just the desktop Starting in safe mode with networking using as we speak seems to be ok I ran a cleaner fix-it utility cc-cleaner but still have the same problem This seems to have started after installing the recommended automatic windows updates for my pc yesterday but I'm not actually certain of the correlation Computer is also just getting old How do I troubleshoot this Thanks - JF Windows Vista Home Premium - Service Pack auto updates HP Pavilion DV laptop Intel Core Duo Processor bit GB RAM AVG free with auto updates Repeated Freeze after 10 min of computer use followed by Blue Screen and Restart and Windows Firewall

A:Repeated Freeze after 10 min of computer use followed by Blue Screen and Restart

Please upload the Minidumps located in %Windows%/Minidumps. You will have to put them in a zip folder to upload them.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/534454/repeated-freeze-after-10-min-of-computer-use-followed-by-blue-screen-and-restart/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hey guys Seems like I m having bad computer season Hahaha I built a computer last night literally for about hrs Yes I (freeze/constant New Computer screen) blue Brand m a noob lol I believe when Brand New Computer (freeze/constant blue screen) I turned it the computer around the third time I saw a spark between one of the power cables from the psu and the case and the computer was shut down Before that even happened however the motherboard couldn t pass their logo screen asus It freezes and everytime I restart its about of the time it freezes around Brand New Computer (freeze/constant blue screen) there And if not there while I m doing something in the windows Another thing is blue Brand New Computer (freeze/constant blue screen) screen I don t know what caused a blue screen but I seem to found out how it gets to the blue screen so I used dmark and alas at the same spot it sometimes freezes or goes into a blue screen with x a x x c x x fac Any body have any similar situation crosses fingers that you don t or any thoughts ps Asus EZ flash I wanted to update the bios but it freezes everytime I go into ezflash Thanks a bunch peeps nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/brand-new-computer-freeze-constant-blue-screen.603067/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello all HP m f PC bit editionI have been experiencing problems with my security center I run avast free and Windows screen glitching Secutiy and Center freeze/blue Defender When I boot up the computer a Security Center warning pops up in the bottom tool bar Secutiy Center glitching and freeze/blue screen that tells me to check Security Center and that shows that Avast and Defender are not on If I hover over the Avast icon it tells me quot your system is secured quot If I open Security Center it shows both are turned off and after about minutes avast will show that it is on and Defender is off Security Center also will continuously run and I can not close the window as if it is loading If I click on quot show malware available protection quot it opens a window that shows Avast quot on quot and Defender quot off quot click to turn on Defender and it checks for definitions and then a pop says no new definitions available and Defender is turned on There are different variations of this glitch so it is somewhat hard to explain I am also now experiencing freeze up and a blue screen error I do get a session crashed pop up when re-opening firefox but it also just froze with nothing open yesterday Now the qualifier my son had been using this computer and he tried to put it into some sort of quot GOD MODE quot probably months ago now I have no clue as to what this God Mode is but I did find out that it does not work with a bit system It completely crashed the computer but I was able to run a system restore to a point well before he tried this god mode and security center has been glitching ever since it seems though that it is getting progressively worse Registry issues but in the back of my head I think there may also be a virus I have run Avast and super anti-spyware free with no problems found I ran rkill and it seemed inconclusive Processes terminated by Rkill or while it was running C USERS OFFICE-PC APPDATA ROAMING SANDISK SANSA UPDATER SANSADISPATCH EXESo before I take it to a repair facility I thought I would run this past you Gurus I know I most likely left much needed info out so please let me know what info you need if you are interested in trying to help me solve this issue ThanksNote Blue screen error Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode e BCP FFFFFFFFC BCP FFFFF D BCP BCP FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp C Users Office-PC AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml C Users Office-PC AppData Local Temp WERE AD tmp version txtMod Edit Moved to AII - Hamluis

A:Secutiy Center glitching and freeze/blue screen

Hello, this may not be malware but we'll check before we send you anywhere else. This is a common driver error,usually video. I have also seen this with a loose video card.Let me know if it's improved after these..Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes:Flush DNSReport IE Proxy SettingsReset IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsReset FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run. Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.Please DownloadTDSSkillerLaunch it. Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file system Click on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive) Do not change the default options on scan results. Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or Seven, right-mouse click it and select Run as Administrator.The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.[list][*]Close all open programs and internet browsers.[*]Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.[*]Click on Delete.[*]Confirm each time with Ok.[*]You will be prompted to restart your computer. A text file will open after the restart.[*]Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/472298/secutiy-center-glitching-and-freezeblue-screen/
Relevancy 59.34%

OK this just started a couple of days ago and it's definitely getting worse I started noticing it when playing videos through Mediaplayer There would be full screen graphics glitches that would just glitches, screen video Sudden freeze blue flash for a moment Then it started full freezing blue screen one monitor green screen on monitor not sold colors I'm using a monitor set up I also had a glitch where my cursor would get about x as big and there would be random horitonzal and vertical bars of pixels attached to it It only happened on monitor when I'd move the cursor over to monitor it would Sudden video glitches, blue screen freeze turn into a normal cursor Now its happening a lot It looks like my system continues to run even after the screen turns Sudden video glitches, blue screen freeze blue I had a Skype call and it kept ringing even after the glitch occurs I have to turn the system off Sudden video glitches, blue screen freeze and back on but the quot freeze quot looks like its just a permanent graphics glitch until restart So it started through Mediaplayer when playing movies now it occurs all the time - but mostly when switching windows not usually when the system is idle I didnt do anything to my system No hardware changing or anything it just started happening out of nowhere I'm on an i with an ASUS motherboard GB of DDR ram and Radeon video cards I've got a quot LED monitor and a quot LCD monitor for my setup The glitch occurs on both monitors I found out that i can make it happen anytime I want if i open a link in a new window in firefox the glitch occurs every time as soon as the window starts to open there's a flash of the glitched video covering the window It also happens when I open a Skype window It doesnt just occur in the window im opening it occurs across both of my monitors Pretty much anytime I open a new window in anything - it causes the glitch And sometimes it freezes the system entirely

A:Sudden video glitches, blue screen freeze

Welcome to SF, unfungames.

First, do the following:

HOW TO FILL OUT YOUR SYSTEM SPECS

In the line at the top of www.SevenForums.com you will see UserCP.
That is an abbreviation for User Control Panel.
Click on UserCP.
In the left-hand column, under Your Profile you will see Edit System Spec.
Click on Edit System Spec
You can copy and paste from the output of Speccy, Speccy - System Information - Free Download to fill out much of the info. Be sure to use the Other Info section of your System Specs for such info as your optical drive, your wireless adapter, your speakers, etc.
When you say blue screen, is it the blue screen of death (with error messages) or just a blank blue screen.

Have you updated your video and audio drivers?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/125690-sudden-video-glitches-blue-screen-freeze.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi so this problem has been plaguing me from both Windows and XP Though i m running XP currently As of right now i have service pack installed and all drivers updated minus my nvidia drivers These include my display Driver Screen/freeze Display failure/Blue XP chipset and ethernet controller driver i m using the old nvidia ethernet controller driver right now I Have a Compaq Presario SR NX AMD Anthlon Processor NVIDIA GeForce LE Graphics Card gb of DDR RAM Blue screens that i get currently which i m basing are from my old display driver are Nvnrm sys atapi sys got this one and one with no diagnosis just driver irq not less than or equal The nvnrm driver bluescreen generally only happens when i m using my webcam for any reason or doing anything which may require XP Display Driver failure/Blue Screen/freeze use of my graphics card i m XP Display Driver failure/Blue Screen/freeze guessing The problem is that if i try to install the package from the NVIDIA homepage it updates and installs only for my computer to freeze on bootup If i hardboot it XP Display Driver failure/Blue Screen/freeze it may run for some time but then i get a driver irq not less than or equal blue screen because of nv mini sys I have tried a clean installing from wiping my old display driver but to no avail Preferably i would love a method in which i could fix this and go back to Windows ultimate bit though any fix would be appreciated If you need ANY more info just post and i ll get back to it asap nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

My computer is extremely slow and the screen will often stay blue for long periods of time before the icons appear.
It freezes up constantly
It is 8 years old and perhaps needs to be replaced but I am hoping I can make do for a little while unitil I am able to replace it.
It has about 10% back-up space left

Any help will be very much appreciated

dorcas22

A:[SOLVED] Blue Screen, Freeze-ups, badly in need of tune-up

It has about 10% back-up space left

That doesn't really mean much without knowing the total size of the partition in MB, but you could well have reached the point where Windows just hasn't enough free space to run properly. Try defragmenting the partition:

Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Defragmenter

Don't use the PC while defrag is running. If no improvement after doing that, consider buying a larger-capacity hard drive.

I would also test the existing hard drive with the manufacturer's diagnostic software to see if it's starting to fail. The links are here: Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-blue-screen-freeze-ups-badly-in-need-of-tune-up-659885.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello all I have had an ongoing problem for the past few months of my One Windows XP computer just locking up hard often accompanied by a high pitched whining noise This usually only occures when running XP, Win in Blue total no Hard Locks freeze screen. certain applications Such as Doom and Paradise Poker The reset button is the only way to get out of it Anyhow let me give you Hard Locks in Win XP, total freeze no Blue screen. some system infomation and some details of what i ve already looked into Sys Info Athlon XP CPU not overclocked ASUS A V X-X Motherboard MB of PC RAM ASUS Geforce Ti SE vid card SoundBlaster Live Sound card Software info OS Win XP Hard Locks in Win XP, total freeze no Blue screen. SP with all current updates other then SP Direct X c Nforce Vid drivers Whatever the latest SoundBlaster Live Drivers are What i ve Tried so far I ve uninstalled and Hard Locks in Win XP, total freeze no Blue screen. reinstalled all drivers for vid and sound I ve tried older versions of the drivers for video and sound I ve Reinstalled Direct X I ve tried Direct X b and c I m running Motherboard Monitor and voltages and Heat look to be within tolerable levels Though I don t know how to specificaly monitor vid card only MB I ve tested the bejesuz out of my RAM with several boot disk RAM testers some taking over hours I ve Formated my C Drive reinstalled Win XP tried with fresh drivers and very few programs installed and still get locks in Doom I turned off Fastwrites Sideband and Anti-aliasing in my vid card in its drivers and in a rd party utility I ve set my Vid card to AGP x instead of x using a rd party utility I can t do it in the BIOS due to a chipset limitation of VIA I even added a registry value in case it was some strange AMD AGP bug that Microsoft mentioned HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Session Manager Memory Management Value name LargePageMinimum Data type REG DWORD Radix Hexadecimal Data value xffffffff I have Sacrificed a chicken I have Borowed a Live Snake I have purchased a copy of quot Voodoo for Dummies quot Please Help nbsp

A:Hard Locks in Win XP, total freeze no Blue screen.

Read the following thread, to see if any of those problems sound familiar to you.

http://forums.techguy.org/t286434.html

Then, follow the directions in the same thread for using Everest Home Edition. Use it to check the output from your power supply, and post your results here; good luck.

-- slingshotter

EDIT: Forgot to ask; how old are the motherboard chipset drivers? The high-pitched noise you describe sounds like leaking electrolytic capacitors, probably the ones near the CPU; check them CLOSELY for bulging tops or leakage from top or bottom. Be sure to check the videocard for the same problem, though this is less likely.

The noise could ALSO be coming from your power supply unit or monitor; listen CAREFULLY to see if you can pinpoint the source. Noise like you've described can also be from an oscillator locking up, which in turn freezes your display; the motherboard is the most likely suspect, but we can't rule ANYTHING out just yet.

-- slingshotter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-locks-in-win-xp-total-freeze-no-blue-screen.286711/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello... hope someone can help me.

I previously had a problem and it turned out to be a driver, everything has been running fine since then... up until now.

Runnning windows 7 and getting BSOD, a plain blue screen or blackscreen then quickly freezes up with a blank screen.

To best of my knowledge all drivers are updated.

Computer is Hewlett-Packard h8-1114 2.00
3.10 gigahertz Intel Core i5-2400
256 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
6144 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (4 total)
Not hyper-threaded
Seems to only happen when I have firefox open, I tried clearing cache....no luck. Tried starting with fresh window, still crashes.

I ran the DM log colector v1.2 and attached the file.

Thank you very much,

Scott

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/395301-getting-bsod-just-blue-screen-black-sceen-then-freeze.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Help please i m pretty desperate My Pc suddenly lost everything from the screen but the power stayed on I then turned freeze 0x0000008E then blue STOP: at screen giveio.sys the power off and restarted it It attempted to load XP but then I was presented with A blue screen STOP x E freeze at giveio.sys then blue screen STOP: 0x0000008E xC x CACD xF A B x I then restarted it again and tried starting in safe mode as it was loading it seemed to hang at giveio sys eventually it brought me back to the blue screen I ve tried taking the RAM out and just leaving one in and then swtiching them that still didn t work I ve tried unplugging everything except the power and video lead and it still doesnt work I plugged in just the keyboard and tried booting from the last known working settings but that didn t work either but the stop code was slightly different STOP x E xC x ECD xF A B x Does anyone know how I can get around any of this and get back into windows Thanks

A:freeze at giveio.sys then blue screen STOP: 0x0000008E

Insert the Windows XP CD into the CD drive, and then restart the computer. Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD drive if you are prompted. When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you must access from the Recovery Console. When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.Type: chkdsk /rIt's important to have a space before the "/".To exit the Recovery Console and restart the computer, type exit at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/195513/freeze-at-giveiosys-then-blue-screen-stop-0x0000008e/
Relevancy 59.34%

I have a computer that's only a few months old that I'm having problems with. Every so often the computer will bring up a screen that's either blue, pink or yellow with white pinstripes and I can't do anything other than pull the plug and reboot. I've never seen any computer bring up these types of screens before and I have no idea where to start to find out what's causing it. Can anyone help me with this please?

I'm also having problems with freezing while on the net using a Firefox browser. This issue resolves itself, it eventually restarts, but I can't figure out why it does it to begin with. Computers are so frustrating, grrrrrrrr!!

Relevancy 59.34%

Hi, I'm getting blue screen crashes and I am unable to open up the mini dump files to try and locate the problem.

The initial error message displays;

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

BCCode: d1
BCP1: 0085F580
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 82FAFF17
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 76

Can anyone help please?

A:Blue Screen Crash

Welcome!

Try copying the dmp files located in C:\Windows\Minidump to your desktop. Select all of them and right-click>Send to>Compressed Folder.

On your next post, you will see a paperclip icon in the editing bar. Click that, and upload the zip folder.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/274336-blue-screen-crash.html
Relevancy 59.34%

my computer keeps restarting and i ticked the "do not automaticlly restart in case of system failure" and i got a blue screen message that said "Stop C000021a Fatal system error" can someone please help! im on my friends computer i cant even get onto mine.

A:blue screen crash!

What happens when you try to get on your PC? Does it continue to restart?

Have you tried starting up in safe mode?

What caused this error? Any previous software installations, recently?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-crash-346785.html
Relevancy 59.34%

All member can u tell me what is the exact reason of blue screen error.Because of i facing 12 pcs this problem.

what are you running
video card
cpu
m/board
ram
power supply
brand
wattage

check the listings in the bios for voltages and temperatures and post them

turn off the auto reboot
control panel /system/advanced/startup and recovery settings
then untick the auto reboot box
post any bsod error messages the computer freezes on in full

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-crash-370226.html
Relevancy 59.34%

HI,

Downloaded iTunes yesterday due to not being able to get an app to appear on my iPod touch. Since then been getting blue screen crashes with the message C:\windows\asscrprolog.exe to begin with. Crash re- occurs before I can actually do anything (i.e. uninstall iTunes).

Cannot any longer re-boot in safe mode either. Symptoms appear to be getting steadily worse, in perpetual crash re-boot cycle now.....

help!!

Relevancy 59.34%

Please help i work from home and desperately need some quick help to stop my comp from crashing I though my screen crash! blue nividia driver was causing it but i installed a current version and it still crashes Also my instant messanger is crashing Please help This is my hijackthis log Logfile of blue screen crash! Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe blue screen crash! C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS blue screen crash! System svchost exe C Program Files TGTSoft StyleXP StyleXPService exe C PROGRA COMMON Stardock SDMCP exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files ASUS Probe AsusProb exe C WINDOWS System rmctrl exe C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C WINDOWS System taskswitch exe C WINDOWS system pctspk exe C WINDOWS Mixer exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Stardock TrayServer exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Creative TaskBar CTLTray exe C Program Files Creative TaskBar CTLTask exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files TGTSoft StyleXP StyleXP exe C PROGRA Stardock OBJECT WindowFX wfxload exe C Program Files Stardock Object Desktop DesktopX DesktopX exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe C Program Files Olympus DeviceDetector DevDtct exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Rainlendar Rainlendar exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings User My Documents download HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www vcu edu R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Lexico Toolbar - F A-B - d - A- F CF B - C WINDOWS Downloaded Program Files CONFLICT lexbar dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Dictionary com - F A-B - D - A- F CF B - C WINDOWS Downloaded Program Files CONFLICT lexbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run ASUS Probe C Program Files ASUS Probe AsusProb exe O - HKLM Run RemoteControl C WINDOWS System rmctrl exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run Jet Detection C Program Files Creative SBAudigy PROGRAM ADGJDet exe O - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run CoolSwitch C WINDOWS System taskswitch exe O - HKLM Run AsioReg REGSVR EXE S CTASIO DLL O - HKLM Run PCTVOICE pctspk... Read more

A:blue screen crash!

Hello and welcome to TSF

I recommend you Subscribe to this thread so you are notified of any replies via email. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Your issue may be caused by errors or conflicts between legitimate files or a hardware failure as there is no sign of malware in your hijackthis log. I would like to take a deeper look and make sure malware is not the culprit before I send you off.

Combofix-Save it to your Desktop, we will need this later.

Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts. When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post that log in your next reply

Note:
Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall

Please open IE and go to
Kaspersky WebScanner

Next Click on Kaspersky Online Scanner

You will be prompted to install an ActiveX component from Kaspersky, Click Yes.The program will launch and then begin downloading the latest definition files:
Once the files have been downloaded click on NEXT
Now click on Scan Settings
In the scan settings make that the following are selected:Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:
Extended
Scan Options:
Scan Archives
Scan Mail Bases

Click OK
Now under select a target to scan:Select My Computer

This will program will start and scan your system.
The scan will take a while so be patient and let it run.
Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected.Now click on the Save as Text button:

Save the file to your desktop.
Copy and paste that information in your next post.

* Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scan

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/blue-screen-crash-168400.html
Relevancy 59.34%

During the last couple of days when i have been watching streamed videos my system has crashed with a fuzzy kind of screen with random colors on it Blue Crash Screen and if i leave it for about a minute it then goes to a blue screen and does a Blue Screen Crash dump Can someone please tell me which dumps i need to post so that we can find what is causing the problem I am thinking it could be something to do with my graphics card but Blue Screen Crash could also be some kind of infection I appreciate any help the anyone can give me to try and get to the bottom of this very annoying problem This has also happened on a single occasion when i was just searching the internet for something but only seems to happen now when i am trying to watch films It seems to happen after watching for a few minutes and not straight away My graphics card is a HD and system is a standard HP a

Boot into Safe Mode with Networking and run it long enough to determine if this is problem persists.  

Safe mode loads a minimum of files and drivers.  The graphic driver used in Safe Mode is a native Windows driver, it does not use the drivers install for the GPU.  If the problem doesn't persist this indicates that the problem is with the driver.  If this is the case you will need to uninstall the drivers and go to the GPU's website and download the drivers from there unless you have the CD with the drivers on it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/530586/blue-screen-crash/
Relevancy 59.34%

My two month old Dell desktop has been suffering from blue screen crashes for the past week. When I reboot it and choose to "send" the error message to Microsoft, they reply back with an online crash analysis that suggests I need a BIOS upgrade.
The basic error message I get is "driver IRQL not less or equal". I also have four "0x000..." errors.

I did a restore in safe mode dating back to before the crashes happened but that didn't work.

Dell wants me to restore the computer back to factory settings which would require me to reinstall everything (software, data).

Do I have any alternatives?
The only other peculiar things that coincide with these crashes is that Mozilla browser no longer has google and other search engines. Also, I can't log onto CNN. Very strange.

Any advice would be great.

Relevancy 59.34%

I was transferring files from a dvd-r to a Verbatim protable hard drive, when I got a blue screen then a reboot. The drive was bought yesterday and this was the first time using it on this pc.
0x0000007f (0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000 That's the error in the event viewer
Attached is the memory dump file

Hi Mroctober and welcome to SF
Your dump identifies as probable cause the driver fnetthjm_152D.sys

Code:
fnetthjm_152D.sys Wed Jul 22 05:55:17 2009 (4A66E205)
Which could well be the driver for your portable drive. I would check with verbatim if there's a working driver available
Support Center | Verbatim

Or does the drive have to be formatted before it can be used?
If you can't find a solution, assume a shotty drive and exchange it for a good one

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 7F, {0, 0, 0, 0}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\fnetthjm_152D.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for fnetthjm_152D.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for fnetthjm_152D.sys
Probably caused by : fnetthjm_152D.sys ( fnetthjm_152D+1ca2 )

---------

1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (7f)
This means a trap occurred in kernel mode, and it's a trap of a kind
that the kernel isn't allowed to have/catch (bound trap) or that
is always instant death (double fault). The first number in the
bugcheck params is the number of the trap (8 = double fault, etc)
Consult an Intel x86 family manual to learn more about what these
traps are. Here is a *portion* of those codes:
If kv shows a taskGate
use .tss on the part before the colon, then kv.
Else if kv shows a trapframe
use .trap on that value
Else
.trap on the appropriate frame will show where the trap was taken
(on x86, this will be the ebp that goes with the procedure KiTrap)
Endif
kb will then show the corrected stack.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000, EXCEPTION_DIVIDED_BY_ZERO
Arg2: 00000000
Arg3: 00000000
Arg4: 00000000

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7f_0

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: wmpnetwk.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from a2f9aca2 to 8305304b

STACK_TEXT:
807e2de0 a2f9aca2 badb0d00 00000000 807e2e34 nt!KiTrap00+0x8b
WARNING: Stack unwind information not available. Following frames may be wrong.
807e2e50 85c64c3b 85c64b38 807e2ea0 8308c933 fnetthjm_152D+0x1ca2
807e2e5c 8308c933 85bdfaa8 85c64b38 85f321d4 0x85c64c3b
807e2ea0 9098b30d 8304f0e8 85b45690 00000000 nt!IopfCompleteRequest+0x128
807e2ed0 9098bf55 875d49f8 85c64b38 85f32170 USBPORT!USBPORT_Core_iCompleteDoneTransfer+0x6e0
807e2efc 9098c6f6 862e3028 862e30f0 862e3a98 USBPORT!USBPORT_Core_iIrpCsqCompleteDoneTransfer+0x33b
807e2f24 909889ce 862e3028 862e3a98 862e3002 USBPORT!USBPORT_Core_UsbIocDpc_Worker+0xbc
807e2f48 8308c1b5 862e3aa4 862e3002 00000000 USBPORT!USBPORT_Xdpc_Worker+0x173
807e2fa4 8308c018 807c2120 87d81290 00000000 nt!KiExecuteAllDpcs+0xf9
807e2ff4 8308b7dc a51c9ce4 00000000 00000000 nt!KiRetireDpcList+0xd5
807e2ff8 a51c9ce4 00000000 00000000 00000000 nt!KiDispatchInterrupt+0x2c
8308b7dc 00000000 0000001a 00d6850f bb830000 0xa51c9ce4
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
fnetthjm_152D+1ca2
a2f9aca2 ?? ???

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 1

SYMBOL_NAME: fnetthjm_152D+1ca2

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: fnetthjm_152D

I... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/161130-blue-screen-crash.html
Relevancy 59.34%

help me with my blue screen problem

A:blue screen crash

Quote: Originally Posted by win2

help me with my blue screen problem

Memory exception (probably caused by a driver) please run these two tests.

Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program.

Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Driver verifier

Quote:
I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/178722-blue-screen-crash.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Thought I have cured the BSC but no, even did a verifier.exe test so I am uploading the memory dump, the minidump files from Windows. Please can anyone help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-crash-again-395638.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Running a Dell Inspirion Zino HD. Constantly crashes, get either a blue screen, black screen or stripes. Usually says something about a crash dump but goes blank before I can read

Thanks

A:blue Screen crash

Sorry typing short messages as it may crash. I did see across the top one time the following: Kernal_Data_inpage_error. I am running Norton 360 and Malware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/434967/blue-screen-crash/
Relevancy 59.34%

I have run all the spyware, spybot, cwshredder, adaware, and avg antivirus. This crash is happening more frequently and it turns the screen blue and this time the message not only said it was shutting down to prevent damage but it also shut down my active desktop. I was in google earth when it happened this time.

It gives me the error source as file ati3dlag.dll
address BFA363F8 at BF9E9000
DATESTAMP 3CC4D6b3
physical dump of memory

please help, thank you in advance

Jerry

looks like you need to download updated Drivers for your Video-card.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-crash-82519.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi Folks,I have two internal hardrives,the two hard drives are patitioned, i have vista premium and windows 7 on one hardrive, and the same on the other seperate hardrive, I have no problem getting into my first vista, but when i try to get into my three other os systems the microsoft yellow telltale runs about five or six times and then a blue screen flashes and then closes down, I have tried with my repair disc in safe mode i run it, then it says unable to fix startup repair, can anybody give any suggestions,or is my only alternative is to do a vista upgrade which i have done before but is time consuming 4-5hrs,I have a hp vista premium 32-bit thanks...patch41

A:Blue screen crash

Hi Again Patch
Sorry that you are having problems. Follow these posting instructions so that we may help
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/290254-blue-screen-crash.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have an Inspiron Running Windows Ultimate Seemingly randomly my computer will make an odd noise and go to a blue screen while doing a memory dump while IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL seems to be the main error on the screen I ve tried to fix this a little myself and I Crash Screen Blue do have a Logitech mouse but it works great and has the latest drivers and everything How can I fix this Thanks List of installed Programs from CCleaner -Zip Adobe Flash Player ActiveX Adobe Systems Incorporated Adobe Flash Player Plugin Adobe Systems Incorporated Adobe Shockwave Player Adobe Systems Inc Amazon MP Downloader Apple Application Support Apple Inc MB Apple Mobile Device Support Apple Inc MB Apple Software Update Apple Inc MB Bonjour Apple Inc MB CCleaner Piriform Cisco Clean Access Agent Cisco Systems Inc MB CNET TechTracker CBS Interactive Dell Touchpad Synaptics Foxit Reader Foxit Software Company Google Chrome Google Inc Google Earth Google MB Intel reg Graphics Media Accelerator Driver Intel Corporation MB iTunes Apple Inc MB Java Update Blue Screen Crash Sun Microsystems Inc MB Laptop Integrated Webcam Driver LML LocateMyLaptop com Logitech SetPoint Logitech KB Microsoft Office Professional Plus Microsoft Corporation Microsoft Silverlight Microsoft Corporation MB Microsoft Visual C ATL Update kb - x Microsoft Corporation MB Microsoft Visual C Redistributable Microsoft Corporation MB NoLimits Coasters remove only Panda Cloud Antivirus Panda Security QuickTime Apple Inc MB Sansa Media Converter -B Skype Skype Technologies S A MB VLC media player VideoLAN Team

Try bluescreenview to analyze the dump file. It may list the offending driver causing the problem.In my experience, if it is dumping out on the kernel then it is usually a hardware problem such as bad RAM.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/276898/blue-screen-crash/
Relevancy 59.34%

I am starting to have crashes and it appears it is always when i have IE8 open. I have attached what the error message says to send to Microsoft. I am not real educated in this but can follow directions well, any ideas? Please help. Thanks

C:\windows\TEMP\WERc0f7.dir00\Mini041012-01.dmp
C:\windows\TEMP\WERc0f7.dir00\sysdata.xml

BCCode : 1000007f BCP1 : 00000008 BCP2 : BA358D70 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 350 @ 2.27GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 1840 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator HD, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 227161 MB, Free - 87744 MB;
Motherboard: TOSHIBA, Portable PC
Antivirus: Norton Security Suite, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Relevancy 59.34%

I'm getting a blue screen crash without doing anything. I boot the system, after 1 or 2 hours, a blue screen appears and system gets resetted. Then at the beginning of system after reset, it says something about Tages Protection but i havent installed anything like that. Here is the minidump files. Could anyone find out my problem and tell me how to fix?

Regards and thanks...

A:Blue Screen Crash On Win 7 x86

Hello and welcome to SF.

All are either bugcheck 0xA or 0xD1:
Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Devin\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$DI06.042\022310-21512-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\websymbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (2 procs) Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16385.x86fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0x82a47000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x82b8f810
Debug session time: Mon Feb 22 17:27:36.732 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 5:48:00.823
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, 82c84447, 827f9ba4, 0}

Probably caused by : hardware ( nt!PfGetCompletedTrace+15d )

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000008e)
This is a very common bugcheck. Usually the exception address pinpoints
the driver/function that caused the problem. Always note this address
as well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address.
Some common problems are exception code 0x80000003. This means a hard
coded breakpoint or assertion was hit, but this system was booted
/NODEBUG. This is not supposed to happen as developers should never have
hardcoded breakpoints in retail code, but ...
If this happens, make sure a debugger gets connected, and the
system is booted /DEBUG. This will let us see why this breakpoint is
happening.
Arguments:
Arg1: c0000005, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: 82c84447, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: 827f9ba4, Trap Frame
Arg4: 00000000

Debugging Details:
------------------
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

FAULTING_IP:
nt!PfGetCompletedTrace+15d
82c84447 006a00 add byte ptr [edx],ch

TRAP_FRAME: 827f9ba4 -- (.trap 0xffffffff827f9ba4)
ErrCode = 00000002
eax=00000000 ebx=6b793032 ecx=82ce548a edx=00000008 esi=00000000 edi=827f9c40
eip=82c84447 esp=827f9c18 ebp=827f9c64 iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz ac pe cy
cs=0008 ss=0010 ds=0023 es=0023 fs=0030 gs=0000 efl=00010297
nt!PfGetCompletedTrace+0x15d:
82c84447 006a00 add byte ptr [edx],ch ds:0023:00000008=??
Resetting default scope

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x8E

PROCESS_NAME: winamp.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

MISALIGNED_IP:
nt!PfGetCompletedTrace+15d
82c84447 006a00 add byte ptr [edx],ch

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 82c686f4 to 82c84447

STACK_TEXT:
827f9c64 82c686f4 9405d328 9405d328 9405d310 nt!PfGetCompletedTrace+0x15d
827f9c7c 82aaff60 00000000 85304ae0 9405d310 nt!ObpRe... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/65778-blue-screen-crash-win-7-x86.html
Relevancy 59.34%

My computer keeps crashing with blue screen Here is the log Problem signature Problem Event Name Screen Blue crash BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Files that help describe the problem Mini - dmp sysdata xml Version txt Extra information about the problem BCCode d BCP F BCP BCP BCP B C OS Version Service Pack Product I have ran numerous virus checks and spyware checks Blue Screen crash and though their was a bit of Blue Screen crash spyware even when the whole system was cleaned up i still get the same crash a few times a day The lastest one is when i am on this website http www apple com safari download and click the link to download Safari it crashes every single time without fail This is the only instance i can find where it actually crashes without fail though it still does crash at other random times In regards to startup repair i have tried that but it doesnt look like it repairs anything its just says attempting repairs then restarts and then i still have the same problem Is their no way of identifying what is causing this from the logs This is a Fujitsu Seimans Amili laptop running on Vista Right now i cant even download windows update as it crashes then too so its looking like its definately something to do with downloading internet as it NEVER crashes unless im downloading or surfing right disabled the auto restart after crash and got the following info NO DRIVER IRQL NO LESS THEN EQUAL or something like that forgot to write it down sis u sys address c d c base at c ba datestamp ebdbb stop x d x f x x x c d c nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-crash.702809/
Relevancy 59.34%

I m getting a huge problem trying to reboot my laptop Toshiba Portege M It crashed a while ago for no apparent reason and since then I have been unable to reboot the PC without reaching XP Screen - Crash Blue a blue screen see pic that then starts another reboot and the cycle continues I have had this problem before and managed to reinstall back to factory settings by using the disc provided when I purchased XP Crash - Blue Screen the laptop however I had to use a floppy disc drive to prompt the external dvd drive - I now longer have the external floppy disc drive is there an alternative way to get the dvd drive to run Also I ve not installed any new hardware or software which seems to cause this issue and my laptop won t start in safe mode or any other mode - it just does the same thing blue screen reboots and so on Last time this happened a friend managed to get it working and said it was teh graphics card that had a XP Crash - Blue Screen wrong setting Help would be greatly appreciated right now Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Hello,

Please help!
I ran Malwarebytes on my Laptop Windows XP Professional. After scanning, two malicious software were found: PUM.Disabled.Security Center were found both Category Registry Data, with 2 Items:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SecurityCenter\AntivirusDisableNotify (Data:1) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SecurityCenter\FirewallDisableNotify (Data:1)
After removed and rebooted my computer, I got the screen:
" A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
Technical Information:
*** STOP: 0x0000008e (0xc0000005, 0xB9F1571D, 0xAD0C3580, 0x00000000)
*** atapi.sys - Address B9F1571D base at B9F0B000, DateStamp 4802539d)

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/442714 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows, you should not bother creating a GMER log. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GMER logAs I am just... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/442714/blue-screen-crash/
Relevancy 59.34%

I think its virus related. No new hardware installed or anything.

Welcome aboard Download BlueScreenView (in Zip file)No installation required.Unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/420317/blue-screen-crash/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi!

I got a new computer. I used it for 2 days without problems.

Today is the 6th time it crashes and it shows the blue screen. Message below and Minidump attached.

The new thing I did today is to use the Skype. Can this be the reason of the conflict?
How Can I solve it?

Problem signature:
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

BCCode: 9f
BCP1: 0000000000000003
BCP2: FFFFFA8007FA3050
BCP3: FFFFFA8007F1C060
BCP4: FFFFFA80071016F0
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 768_1

C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini101810-07.dmp
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-92040-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\WER3ED3.tmp.version.txt

Read our privacy statement:
Microsoft Online Crash Analysis

It's probably this driver that's to blame: o2sdx64.sys (Memory Card Reader driver by O2Micro)
If the driver isn't to blame, then it's likely a hardware problem with that device.

Please:
- download a fresh copy of the driver from the PC Manufacturer's website
- uninstall the current driver from your system
- install the freshly downloaded copy of the driver
- monitor for further BSOD's.

More to follow once the dump files finish running.....

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/284110-blue-screen-crash.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Dear,

I am having crashes and blue screens ...

My computer specifications:
Processor: Intel(r) Core(TM) i3 CPU [email protected] 2.93 GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 3,00 GB
System type 64-bit operating System
Display adapters: ATI Radeon HD 5500 Series
Computer name: Ramesses-PC
Computer is about 6months old.

I have downloaded BlueScreen View,
I will upload to You notepad from it.

Maybe this information can help You --> When blue screens started i have updated driver from my graphic card, and then graphic card didn't work.

Please help me.
Thank You for your time in advance.
Best regards

A:Blue Screen crash

Hello Ramesses, welcome to SF! sorry we're late, it's very busy here...

Please find and delete BCUService.exe . It has caused problems and could be malware.

After, please do a full scan with your AV and use a anti malware tool like Malwarebytes.

Please also update or (as a test) delete/disable your apple software, particularly the Bonjour services.

Please also de-install GOM mediaplayer.

Your dumps show a great number of different faults, hard to pinpoint what the real problem is at this point. However, there is a problem with your AVG software. Please update AVG or (as a test) replace by MSE temporarily.

Post back your result please.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/177154-blue-screen-crash.html
Relevancy 59.34%

it been long time since i had a blue screen crash.

Win2,

Choose a restore point prior to your problem.

| type RESTORE POINT | ENTER

System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/178313-blue-screen-crash.html
Relevancy 59.34%

ok so i'll start out by posting my system specs Manufacturer Dell Inc Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz CPUs Memory MB RAM Hard Drive GB Video Card NVIDIA GeForce Monitor Dell FPT Digital Sound Card SoundMAX Digital Audio Keyboard USB Root Hub Mouse USB Root Hub Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Build Service Pack Here is the Crash Blue Screen Error that it says when crashed to blue screen Stop c a Fatal System Error The Windows Subsytem system process has been terminated unexpectedly with a status of x c x c c x cf c The system has been shut down Beginnening dump of physical memory Dumping physical memory to disk completion here where it says x cf c it has also said x f c and x ed i Blue Screen Crash have tried reinstalling windows xp from the installation cd i have tried RegistryFix i have tried Regcure i attempted to do system restore but none of my restore points are there usually it sets restore points every day i tried to defragment my local disk but it says it cannot open the file dfrg msc i'm not sure if this has anything to do with it but my time was also set back to July Please help me i am totally clueless on what to Blue Screen Crash do next

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-crash-433745.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi guy i'm hoping someone can help my system was running fine but seemed to need to be updated a number of times a day but still ran fine and the last day or to i keep getting BSOD errors the screen goes off before Crash's Blue Screen i can read through the blue screen however i did get some issue codes of the windows that says that it stopped unexpectedly i'm hoping someone can help Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode a BCP BCP B BCP C BCP FFFFF OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Blue Screen Crash's Minidump Blue Screen Crash's - - dmp C Users nate AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt thanks in advanced all help will be very much appreciated

A:Blue Screen Crash's

Additional information is required.

1. Download the DM Log Collector application to your desktop by clicking the link below

DM Log Collector.exe

2. Run it by double-clicking the icon on your desktop, and follow the prompts.
3. Locate the .ZIP file that is created on your desktop, and upload it here in your next reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/354408-blue-screen-crashs.html
Relevancy 59.34%

My computer seems to have hidden virus somewhere After running complete virus scan with my norton it is telling me it has removed items sometimes trojans I get a blue screen that informs me to check my computer memory after booting up again in normal mode the computer works ok The computer crashed whil listening to music on real player Another screen Blue crash thing is I cannot go to another restore point I have gb of memory Something is eating up my memory My system process er indicate usage I hope you can under stand what I am trying to say here Microsoft reply Blue screen crash to some error message s asks me to check for too many anti-virus programs I do not know how to make this check Please inspected my pasted logs here Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm XP x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard K S XE Antivirus Norton Security Suite Updated Blue screen crash Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Blue screen crash WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Canon IJPLM IJPLMSVC EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system RunDll exe C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exe C Program Files Canon Solution Menu EX CNSEMAIN EXE C program files real realplayer update realsched exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files W i InstallIQUpdater InstallIQUpdater exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxczbmgr exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxczbmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by MSN amp Bing R - URLSearchHook no name - EA - AA - A A- - AF E D F - no file O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO IEPlugin Class - - B- E -BD -EFB B - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Real RealPlayer BrowserRecordPlugin IE rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO Canon Easy-WebPrint EX BHO - D AD-BFFF- F -BF B-A C FED - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint EX ewpexbho dll O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Norton Security Suite Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton Security Suite Engine IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-crash.1003427/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi, i am having blue screen crash whenever i play a game ar do something heavy. it gives the following error. how can i solve it ?

Problem signature:
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

BCCode: 116
BCP1: 858D9008
BCP2: 90DE3278
BCP3: C000009A
BCP4: 00000004
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

C:\Windows\Minidump\070211-16114-01.dmp
C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-29406-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

CAN I GET SOME HELP !!!

Please upload a full report
http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html
From what you posted it looks like your having a STOP 0x116 BSOD which is a video card timeout.

STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting - Windows 7 Forums

Until I get a report from you I can proceed any further with recommendations.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-screen-crash-584500.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi I have a Sony Vaio VGN-NS L laptop with a Pentium Dual Core T with GB RAM It was dropped recently and I started getting a blue screen error - STOP x B xF D x x x Removed any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controolers etc Now I m trying to diagnose what is wrong I initially suspected hard drive I formatted and tried to re-install XP and got same message I bought new hard drive and tried to install xp on that drive and got same message near the start of the install I have ran memtest and a stress test on the CPU I have also looked and tried most of the suggestions from the micorosoft site for the blue screen STOP error From googling it I suspect it may be the hdd controller that is corrupted but I don t know how to fix it Could it be motherboard I d imaging if mobo was gone it help screen crash Need blue wouldn t even attempt to boot up I don t know mobo type can t find it anywhere I think it s an MBX- How do I install a HDD controller nbsp