Windows Support Forum

Is DDR2 excellent memory?

Q: Is DDR2 excellent memory?

Hello Guys,
I have recently joined this forum just because of some issues which are colliding in my mind..
Actually I want to know that Is DDR2 an excellent memory for automotive and industrial to server, consumer, networking, and computing?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Is DDR2 excellent memory?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Is DDR2 excellent memory?

Is there a reason for asking?

You can't just pick and choose the memory type you want. The memory type must match the design called for by the motherboard. DDR3 is the latest memory design and DDR4 will probably be available before long.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-ddr2-excellent-memory.174005/
Relevancy 97.61%

Hello Guys,
I have recently joined this forum just beacuse of some issues which are colliding in my mind..
Actually I want to know that Is DDR2 an excellent memory for automotive and industrial to server, consumer, networking, and computing?

Relevancy 66.65%

Im throwing together a machine for my GF.. I have a processor but need to get a socket 478 mobo.. The one I was looking at uses DDR2-400 memory and I have some DDR2-800 memory sticks laying around..

Will it work ok to use the DDR2-800 sticks on a mobo that accepts DDR2-400 memory?

A:Ok to put DDR2-800 memory on a DDR2-400 mobo?

"Typically" you can run faster memory in a machine rated for slower memory - the memory simply runs ate the mobo spec. That said, memory issues are always subjective to the varying tolerances of the memory itself and the motherboard.

I just combined 333 and 266 rated memory in a laptop that's spec'd at 266 - it flies with no issues.

I think you'll have no problems.

Just make double-sure that all the other specs are identical such as voltage, both unbuffered, both unregistered, same latency/speed specs e.g. 2-5-5-5, hopefully both with or both without SPD (or maybe all memory come with an SPD these days?).

Try to run it with the memory, it won't cause any damage. If you start getting errors/crashes, you know it doesn't work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ok-to-put-ddr2-800-memory-on-a-ddr2-400-mobo.97562/
Relevancy 57.62%

i have a mach speed p4mst-890 mother board. it will take up to 4gb of memory. ddr2 533 memory. but the memory i've looking at does not say whether it is high or low density. the manual does not say which...... so would hi or low work in my system.... thank's......

A:memory ddr2

High density memory is basically factory seconds that will
only function on certain motherboards at full capacity.
Always better to stick with low density.
Branded memory,like kingston,corsair,OCZ,crucial and so on
are usually low density.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-ddr2.862913/
Relevancy 57.62%

Okay I'm a noob, we all know this. When I buy ram and it says ddr 1000 or 1200 is this the native speed that it runs at from factory. Is the concept same a cpu's as you buy a cpu that runs at 800fsb or 533fsb or w/e. Then you change the fsb through bios etc? Same concept right? I was wondering if I bought pc 10000 ddr2 would I be able to run it in a mobo that stats 6400 is the highest I can run. So is it more so dependent on the ram or the mobo?

A:ddr2 memory

Now your problem is which RAM to buy? What does that MOBO say for you to buy? Look in your manual it should tell you, but better yet go to the MOBO and see what you can buy?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ddr2-memory.72129/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi Here's my system: Win 7 64b Home Premium, CPU AMD Phenom 11 X4 945 3Ghz Socket AM3 Motherboard Gigabyte GA-MA74GM-S2 Bios v. FK, Memory Crucial 4g DDR2 800

I am looking to add memory to 8g. I will need either 8g modules or two 4 gig. I am not finding reasonably priced memory for the MB. The system is not that old. What am I missing? How much do I have to spend?
Thanks

A:DDR2 Memory

There's a couple of things working against us (my system also uses DDR2 RAM).

1. DDR2 is obsolete, and has been for a while. As stocks diminish the vendors are going to charge more it.

2. Even though the recent fire in the Hynix factory probably didn't affect availability of DDR2, it was a good excuse to raise prices across the board.

Kent

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/309085-ddr2-memory.html
Relevancy 57.62%

hello guys just a little help needed is there a way to find out what type of memory i have in my pc with out taking it out
i no its ddr2 but i need to no the best speed and all the other stuff
i want to take it from 256 ddr2 to 2 gig
2x 1gig sticks but i dont no which type to get
i have a packard bell i start with windows xp home
thank you any help will be good
any more info i will try to help

A:ddr2 memory

Go here, click scan my system, it will show what RAM you have in there, as well as what RAM (of Crucial's products) will work in it.
You can also go to Corsair's site or www.kingston.com and manually insert your PC model number to find out which of their products work in your PC (to do some price comparison)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ddr2-memory.775026/
Relevancy 57.62%

Im building a computer from scratch - looking for a very high end system.

In your opinions, should i buy ddr2 800, or ddr2 667 and tweak the voltage and timings so that its as good as 800?

Relevancy 57.19%

I am considering buying the new Macbook Pro Core 2 Duo that was announced a couple of days ago. One of the configurable options is to load it up with max DDR2 RAM of 3 GIG in 1x2Gig and 1x1Gig arrangement.

I heard about the dual channel memory benefit of accessing in full 128 bit mode when the RAM are installed in pairs.

So my question is if I upgrade to the above configuration, would that wipe out the benefit of 128 bit access?

Thanks very much.

A:Question on DDR2 Memory

Yes it would. Get 2GB in a 1GBx2 configuration i.e. one 1GB stick in each slot and it will enable u to use dual-channel mode for increased performance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-on-ddr2-memory.61707/
Relevancy 57.19%

I ve been running on gb of memory Kingston mhz for a while Recently i ordered another gb same and installed it just like the first But now my computer won t boot up I tried swapping the modules but same result Then Problem Memory DDR2 i removed the old one and replaced it with the new and then it worked But not with both of them The motherboard Zotac nForce i-ITX Processor Support - Intel Core Duo - DDR2 Memory Problem Intel Core Quad - Intel Core Extreme - Intel Pentium - LGA Socket - Up to MHz FSB Chipset - NVIDIA GeForce - NVIDIA DDR2 Memory Problem nForce i Front Side Bus - MHz FSB HT Support BIOS - Phoenix Award PnP Flash ROM BIOS Memory - Two DDRII Sockets Supports up to GB DDRII I O Onboard - One Channel Parallel ATA Connector Support up to Devices - Two Serial ATA II Ports - One HD Audio Port Line-in Line-out MIC-in - One PS Mouse Port - One DDR2 Memory Problem PS Keyboard Port - One Serial Port pin header - Four USB Ports on Back Panel Four USB on Pin Header - One RJ Port - VGA port - DVI port LAN - Onboard Mb s USB - Integrated in chipset USB x The memory modules Kingston GB Memory Module v pin MHZ assembled in China Kingston GB Memory Module v pin MHZ assembled in Malaysia Any ideas nbsp

A:DDR2 Memory Problem

Remove your CMOS battery. Wait an hour, then reinstall your BIOS.
If that doesn't work, your board needs work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ddr2-memory-problem.134339/
Relevancy 57.19%

I'm helping a friend upgrade his HP Pavillion a1030n computer. Right now it has two 256K stick installed in the No. 1 and 3 slots (from left to right). I was going to upgrade with two 512 sticks. Would adding those up the RAM to 1.5 Gigs or do all four have to match? And it adding the 512 will work, do I put those in the 2 and 4 slots or put the 512s side by side in the first two slots and the two 256s in the 3 and 4 slots? Or do I just add two more 256Ks to have a total of 1 GB?

Relevancy 57.19%

Hello,
I need to buy memory for a ECS P4M800PRO-M v2 motherboard with a Pentium D 805 CPU. This system normally runs a 133 MHz bus clock giving specified 533 MHz memory speed.

However, I am planning to experiment with overclocking, so thinking to buy 667MHz (PC2-5300) or even 800MHz (PC2-6400) memory.

My question is, will this faster memory work at the normal 533 MHz speed, in case the overclocking does not work...?

Has anybody run a system with faster memory than specified... or have any comments...?

Thanks..!

A:DDR2 Memory -- faster = better?

this should work; the memory will just run at the slower speed.

Make sure you buy high quality memory. Check the recommended memory list for the mobo, and buy sticks that closely resemble the recommended ones if you're buying faster ram.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ddr2-memory-faster-better.72733/
Relevancy 57.19%

Is It Better To Install Ddr2 Memory In Matched Pairs Or Can They Be Added One At A Time Mixed With Different Memory Of The Same Size,also Can You Recommend A Good Brand Of Memory.thanks In Advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ddr2-memory-help.316203/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hey all, New specs!!!

Anyway i have bought a new memory kit for my single 1GB DDR2 800MHz stick.

It is a Hyundai 1GB DDR2 667MHz stick.

NOW MY PROBLEM

Windows boots quite slow so i checked CPU-Z and it reported my RAM speed as 200MHz (400MHz DDR2)

I've looked into bios as to why but i have not changed anything. In bios RAM SPD is set to Auto and in Overclock iset it to 533 but it does NOTHING.

Please help and i will share some rep.

Thanks

A:DDR2 memory problems

Hello ,

To check the RAM issue, I better suggest you to run Memtest86+. This test will take some time, so keep patience.

Memtest 86+: An advance memory diagnostic tool

Please report your result after running Memtest86+.

Thanks.
Arvin

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/289733-ddr2-memory-problems.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Need help. On my Gigabyte EP43-UD3L mobo ; Q8200 2,33GHz I have 2x1G OCZ PC2 9600 [1200MHz] memory. My question is can I add two more 2Gb sticks let's say PC2 6400 [800MHz] or PC2 5300 [333 MHz]
Just what it shows in CPU-Z v.1.53 > CPU FSB = 1333MHz and memory runs in 333MHz Thanks in advance

A:Can I get DDR2 memory match

PC2-5300 memory is 667mhz when you factor in double data rate. As far as adding slower memory your speed will automatically be reduced to the slowest memory speed provided other things like timings and voltages are capatible. Mixing memory is always similar to a roulette wheel when things are mismatched.

The ideal solution when going to add more memory on any system is the same make, type, and speed even from the same manufacturer's batch to avoid ending up with problems from mixing. You wouldn't performance memory with standard dimms being two different types. In some cases a minor difference in timings can see an adjustment in the dram timings setting in the bios.

These are all factors to consider.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/72550-can-i-get-ddr2-memory-match.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a couple of DDR2-4200 modules that i would like to put in my dad's computer. The only problem is that his motherboard supports DDR2-3200 memory. i was just wondering if faster DDR2 memory is backwards compatible with the lower seed DDR2 stuff.

It seems logical to me that the motherboard would accept it and run my memory(DDR2-4200) at the lower DDR2-3200 speeds. Could someone verify this or correct me if i am wrong(wouldn't be the first time).

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 57.19%

hello guys hope you can help
just bought a new kingston 2gb ddr2 pc2-5300 ( 667 mhz )
and when i went to find it all it shown was the 256 ddr2 stick that had in when i started
i was told by web systems that it was fine for me to put my old one in as well
when i go to propertys all i have is 191 of memory avalible
any help would be great
thank you ........wayne
i have a packarde bell i start 1269i
window xp home

A:ddr2 memory not found

Is this a different make of ram from your old?
It sounds like the new memory is not compatible with the old ram or your machine.
Try swapping the ram to see if they work on their own.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ddr2-memory-not-found.784912/
Relevancy 57.19%

I currently have 2 x 512 mb PC5300 Elixir in dual channel mode.

There are 2 free slots on my mobo - can I buy 1gb of memory and put it in one of those free slots?

Thanks

A:extra DDR2 memory

Yes mate you can add it to one of those free slots but i think you should buy matched 512 sticks and put them in dual C.M as well

Look at : Corsair TWIN2X1024A-6400C4

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extra-ddr2-memory.543962/
Relevancy 56.33%

I'm back with most of my parts for my new build.

I have the memory, but I didn't get the dual memory, they sent me just one, one gig memory card. Does this have to be dual memory where the two cards come together or can I order another one just like it and it work the same.

Thanks,
NCGirlUSA

Relevancy 56.33%

Hello,

I have a Dell 4700 Desktop with two sticks of 256MB (PC2-3200) DDR2 RAM. These are installed in the 1 and 2 DIMMs in order to take advantage of Dual channel memory.

However, I am planning of adding two more [different] sticks (1GB each) to DIMM slots 3 and 4. Will the system still take advantage of the dual channeling, in this setup?

Also, I am wondering greatly if I buy this new RAM, and it operates at PC2-4200, 5200, or 6400, will this disable the dual channel? What PC-xxxx RAM should I go for?

Also what is a good CAS latency to look for on RAM? What exactly does the PC2-xxxx number refer to?

Thank you.

Relevancy 56.33%

Afternoon I ve recently bought an ASrock core dual-SATA motherboard which has dual memory DDR DDR capability I ve been running on GB single stick DDR memory for a while and decided to upgrade to upgrading memory to Problems DDR2 x GB single stick DDR both exactly the same I would have thought by simply turning everything off removing the DDR memory and installing the x DDR memory sticks into the relevant DIM s and rebooting would be all I needed to do However I manage to boot into windows up as far as the welcome sound and the system makes a painful noise and re-boots After that it attempts to boot back into windows and all I get is a black screen I ve had the unfortunate experience of re-installing everything and I ve rolled-back to my original DDR memory and the computer works fine By going into the Problems upgrading to DDR2 memory bios whilst the DDR memory is installed I can see that the system recognises it but I m at a loss as to why I can t go any further I ve carried out all the usual checks eg cards being in securely no static etc etc I ve cleared the CMOS and rebooted with the DDR memory in and booted into windows Everything went fine my flash player updated itself rebooted as normal but this time I only made it half way through the boot process before it rebooted itself again It then took me to the safe mode option however my USB keyboard was disabled so I powered off and replaced the keyboard with a standard PS connection and rebooted I then received this black screen message WINDOWS COULD NOT START BECAUSE Problems upgrading to DDR2 memory THE FOLLOWING FILE IS MISSING OR CORRUPT WINDOWS SYSTEM CONFIG SYSTEM I powered off replaced the DDR memory to the original DDR everythings back to the way it was before and runs smoothly This morning I cleared the CMOS again Re-installed the DDR memory and booted into windows Everything worked okay I left the computer running all day and I ve had no Problems upgrading to DDR2 memory problems at all Then I reset the computer It appears that I can leave the computer running for as long as I like and the default BIOS settings will run with the DDR installed As soon as I reboot the computer however that s when everything goes wrong Does anyone have any other ideas they can think of I ve heard that sometimes DDR ram needing a little bit of extra juice but then I have no idea on how to change this Any help would be gratefully appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

Well this is totally messed up lol After a week of computer crashing BSOD s PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL this one listed a problem with realtek RtkHDAud sys and a few restarts with no BSOD I have ran Memtest always finds no errors even when ran overnight Have ran ORTHOS set to torture cpu and ram never a problem Now brings me to the weird stuff aggrivated to death and back I decided to try one last thing The pc im working with Has x corsair xms ddr ram bought a duel mem gig kit I pulled one out and ran my pc gaming for hours not a crash ran game slow as heck but no crash I then swapped the one left in the pc Anyone problem ever this with of ddr2 memory? heard with the one i pulled same Anyone ever heard of this problem with ddr2 memory? deal no crash for approx hours Then im thinking wth I then popped both back in booted up started game as soon as game loaded and i started to play bam BSOD PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA So harray I now know its my ram but what i wonder is this Anyone else had this problem or even heard of something like this before cause i know i have never heard anyone talking about a problem like this with ram What could make it do this nbsp

A:Anyone ever heard of this problem with ddr2 memory?

Am I the only that feels that this post belongs in this thread?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/anyone-ever-heard-of-this-problem-with-ddr2-memory.70897/
Relevancy 56.33%

I got my 8GB's Mushkin HP2 6400 DDR2800 memory installed. I noticed that Vista 64, is performing better than before.

I've noticed my games also perform better than before. In about a week, when I have burned my memory in at the JEDEC Timings, I'm going to set the performance timings of 5-4-4-12. I'm picky like this, cause I don't want to take a chance on ruining my memory.

There weren't any problems with my Intel D97XBX2 detecting the memory, as I am running the latest bios for my board.

I'm actually liking Vista more, now that I have 8GB's of ram.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/160455-got-my-mushkin-hp2-6400-ddr2-800-memory.html
Relevancy 56.33%

can we split ddr2 memory to be use better in some programs>?

and what it is virtual memory, and what is for, and to have better virtual memory what to do?

A:can we split ddr2 memory to be use better in some programs>?

AngelOfLighT said:

can we split ddr2 memory to be use better in some programs>?

and what it is virtual memory, and what is for, and to have better virtual memory what to do?Click to expand...

Hi there. I'm not quite sure what you are asking in your first question.

Virtual memory is exactly that, its not actual RAM memory (DDR & DDR2 etc) it is a section of your harddisk that your OS will use as make-shift memory when you have insufficient RAM memory. This in turn means that it is slower and doesn't perform as well as normal memory, due to your harddisk being much slower write/read than RAM memory.

So, in conclusion, RAM memory > virtual memory, however if you don't have enough RAM memory then you can edit how much virtual memory you would like to have (at least in windows you can, although not sure about Vista).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-we-split-ddr2-memory-to-be-use-better-in-some-programs.79109/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey Guy's,

Question my friend asked me today and I was unsure of. He would like to know if he bought a mother board that use's DDR3 memory can he use his current DDR2 memory Dim's. I was unsure of this because I have heard mixed storys about this.

Thanks
RitualJman

A:Can a DDR3 MotherBoard Run DDR2 Memory

Nope, they're notched differently,

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/198774-can-ddr3-motherboard-run-ddr2-memory.html
Relevancy 56.33%

my motherboard is an asus m2ne-sli motherboard. It says ddr2 up to 800mhz. Would it run DDR2 1000 memory at its full speed?
Or would i be able to overclock the ddr2 800 to 1000?

A:1000mhz ddr2 memory question

You'd have to overclock to get the full 1000Mhz speed from the memory, and unless you overclock the CPU with the memory there is little gain in running faster memory.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/1000mhz-ddr2-memory-question.721308/
Relevancy 56.33%

I thought that the only motherboard that supported DDR and DDR was the GA-EP C-DS R but when I was reading the overview for the GA-X -DS this is what I found quot Intel X Express Chipset The Intel X Express Chipsets support the latest multi-core processors with FSB MHz including the upcoming nm processors with DDR3 for the and DDR2 GA-X38-DS4? support memory its record breaking performance and greater energy efficiency Intel X chipset with optimized system DDR2 and DDR3 memory support for the GA-X38-DS4? memory capabilities chipset over-speed protection removed for maximum overclocking providing faster boot and application load times and additional power savings Intel X chipset also offer options for both DDR and DDR memory support U providing scalable options for users wanting to take advantage of higher memory performance with less power consumption to run next generation applications such as high-definition video and D visualization quot THe above was taken from the following website http www gigabyte com tw Products Motherboard Products Overview aspx ProductID So can anyone tell me from personal experience or their own exstensive and rock-solid knowledge if this board can take DDR as well as DDR nbsp

A:DDR2 and DDR3 memory support for the GA-X38-DS4?

The board only supports DDR2. While the chipset may support both DDR2 & DDR3, it's upto motherboard manufacturers whether or not to design motherboards with support for only one, or both.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ddr2-and-ddr3-memory-support-for-the-ga-x38-ds4.107831/
Relevancy 56.33%

Corsair value select DDR or Crucial DDR which is better Hi I am in the process of building a PC and I need some advise as to which type or brand Need 667MHz help choosing memory DDR2 of memory to use that will keep my system stable Also in terms of quality and performance I have purchased the following parts for my configeration and I will Need help choosing DDR2 667MHz memory be using of my existing HD s Hitachi Deskstar k SATA GB Gigabyte GA- I X Royal Need help choosing DDR2 667MHz memory Motherboard Intel Pentium Socket GHz MB FSB Sapphire Technology Radeon X XT MB PCIE DVI I will mainly be using it for general PC use occaisional gaming video encoding watching movies WinRAR and Azureus P P I am thinking of buying the following memory modules but not sure if I should choose a Corsair Value Select or TWIN X - C MHz Crucial Part Number CT KIT AA Module Size GB kit GBx Package -pin DIMM Feature DDR PC - Specs DDR PC - CL UNBUFFERED NON-ECC DDR - V Meg x I done this memory compatibility search on the Crucial website and the above was included among others In terms of quality and performace is the above Crucial GB memory a good choice for a for this system or should I choose a Corsair Value select Is there a lot of difference quality and performace wise between Corsair and Crucial memory Many Thanks nbsp

A:Need help choosing DDR2 667MHz memory

the quality between the brands is about the same- they're both very good. RTFM to determine what the manufactuer prefers.

If you don't plan to overclock (and I don't recommend it) Value select memory is fine. There is a very good article on the screen about this when hit the techspot homepage.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-choosing-ddr2-667mhz-memory.46689/
Relevancy 56.33%

We have a GeForce 8400 video card with 512 MB DDR2 ram. Our PC's ram is DDR type.
I'm wondering if the two types of ram are in conflict or if the card is possibly defective. When we plugged it into the PCIe slot, nothing would appear on the monitor. I shut it down and restarted the PC with the cable hooked to the onboard monitor port while the 8400 card was still connected. We got no picture there either. When I unplugged the 8400 and restarted with the onboard port, everything was fine.

Is this a conflict with the 2 different types of RAM, or are the two types seperate entities?

Thanks,
Michael

Relevancy 56.33%

If you put DDR2 667 memory in a motherboard designed for DDR2 533, will it still work?

A:Is DDR2 memory backwards compatable?

yes

667 is the fastest that it is rated to run at, it will run at all speeds lower than that including 533

unless you're planning to overclock, then there's no reason to spend the extra money on thr faster RAM because it will still run at 533

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-ddr2-memory-backwards-compatable.481568/
Relevancy 56.33%

Can you just take a computer that is running DDR2 memory and change the memory to DDR3 or do you have to add other items?

A:Substituting DDR2 Memory for DDR3

Memory controller and DIMM slots have to be DDR3 compatible.

So no, you cannot.

With an AM3 CPU you would need a new motherboard.
With any other socket CPU you would need a new motherboard, and possibly a new CPU.

Currently, DDR2 is better for most systems anyway.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/substituting-ddr2-memory-for-ddr3.865016/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi, I'm about to but a new motherboard and the specs say it takes dual-channel DDR3 memory. Will it be backwards-compatible? I'm hoping to use DDR2 mem as these RAM appear quite a bit cheaper at the moment. Thanks all,

Relevancy 55.9%

Hi Guys,

Acer T180 with 2 X 512Gb PC2-4300 CL4 sticks. CPUZ reports as running at 100.5Mhz?

I want to add more memory.

Can I add 2 matched sticks of PC2-5400 CL4 1GB each
or 2 sticks of DDR2-5300 CL5 1GB each.
Both of the above at 675Mhz.

I have 4 slots each max of 1Gb; 2 used as above, 2 free.

What are the rules and implications for matching memory?
Is it correct that whatever I put in will run at the slowest speed i.e. the original PC2-4300 above?
Does it matter which slot pairs are used for which sticks e.g should the 1GB sticks go in the first two slots rather than the last.

I also see specifications like 5-5-5-15 , does that matter.

Wow, sorry for all the questions!

Thanks
Hew

Relevancy 55.9%

Just had a new P4 motherboard installed: ECS P4M800PRO-M478 (V1.0) which replaced the original Celeron board that died suddenly. The new motherboard has 4 memory slots, 2 for DDR1 and 2 for DDR2. This board has a maximum 2GB capacity. The manual says you can't mix memory types. I read that to mean you can install up to 2GB in the DDR1 slots or up to 2 GB in the DDR2 slots but 2 slots will always be unused. Is this correct? The manual should make it clear but but to my mind it doesn't. Thanks for any clarification.

A:Solved: confusion re DDR1 and DDR2 memory

SOCALKEN said:

I read that to mean you can install up to 2GB in the DDR1 slots or up to 2 GB in the DDR2 slots but 2 slots will always be unused. Is this correct? Click to expand...

Yes . . that is correct . . while the board can use either types, it cannot use both.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-confusion-re-ddr1-and-ddr2-memory.533837/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi I bought a new custom built Pc and it came with x Corsair ddr chips already in the PC I bought a pair of gb super talent sticks for my not realizing that the timing for important latencies DDR2 matching when memory? Are these do not match the corsair timing specs will this cause my pc to act up Are latencies important when matching DDR2 memory? i did get a blue screen error msg that had x cant remember the last i googled and said it was a ram memory issue also does the placement of the memry modules mater into the board i have slots black and yellow offset thaks in advance here are the mobo Are latencies important when matching DDR2 memory? and ddr specs ASUS P N-E SLI LGA NVIDIA nForce i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard ------------------------------------------------------------ Manufacturer SUPER TALENT Brand SUPER TALENT Model T UB GC Type -Pin DDR SDRAM Speed DDR PC Cas Latency Timing - - - Heat Spreader Yes ------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------------------- CORSAIR CM X A- XMS - MB - - - DIMM Black XMS MHz - - - - T CM X A- TWIN X A- nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi I have been struggling with a new system Issues Memory System Affecting Reliability DDR2 build for a while now and I am running out of ideas trying to solve the problems I am trying to use two KVR D N G DDR2 Memory Issues Affecting System Reliability ddr modules in dual channel mode these are listed in the bios correctly and on the whole the system works well except I occasionaly get problems with resume from sleep A the machine will restart and then take ages to resume i get a yellow triangle conflict listed against Standard Dual Cnannel PCI IDE Controller in Device Manager not enough resources available B system runs very sluggishly C sometimes get Nvidia driver stopped responding Restarting temporarily restores normal operation I have had a BSOD once at startup referring to a Memory Management Problem swapping the ram sticks over changing slots on the motherboard cured this problem If I install only ram module at a time i dont get any of the above problems if i try to install both together in single channel mode the system goes haywire with multiple graphics driver crashes I have run Memtest for many hours on each module individually and together and not shown any errors The memory was bought at the same time and is identical and as mentioned lists correctly in the bios as running in dual channel mode I know that ' identical ' ram can still have differances due to manufacturing tolerances could this be my problem or is the motherboard being ' fussy ' unfortunately i dont have any matched spare ram to carry out comparison tests to rule out a ram problem at the moment tempted to just go and buy some Event viewer does not give any real clues as to problem areas I have seen other threads mentiioning some of the above problems but not seen any where all these problems are being experienced together at the same time My hair is going grey please help thanks

A:DDR2 Memory Issues Affecting System Reliability

Hi Kris2fer and welcome to W7 Forums

I've checked the QVL list, and those modules are listed. Did you buy these modules as a dual-channel kit of 2 modules, or did you buy them individually? The fact that both modules work when installed individually, but that they don't when used together in either single or dual channel mode would indicate a possible timing issue between the modules. You could try loosening the timings in the BIOS to see if that makes any difference (see pp42-43 of the motherboard manual).

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/170393-ddr2-memory-issues-affecting-system-reliability.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have an Asus P5W64-WS board. It runs the 975X chipset. I have upgraded to the latest BIOS and installed an Intel E6850. All is well, and not unexpectedly my temps have dropped about 8 degrees centigrade. My bus speed is reported as 333, FSB as 1333, and my multiplier as 9. My question is, what is the optimal DDR2 memory speed that I should pair with this processor? I am not going to overclock or game, so I am not as concerned about latency or tweaking, I just want to know what the optimal memory speed would be to match the FSB, etc. This computer is used as a trading workstation, so stability trumps wringing the last bit of speed out of the the system.

Thanks for any suggestions.

A:E6850 & Optimal DDR2 Memory w/975X Chipset

First of all, nice board

The 975X chipset supports 1066MHz RAM (PC8500) so no reason to use any other lower clocked RAM with that CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/e6850-optimal-ddr2-memory-w-975x-chipset.101670/
Relevancy 55.47%

I really used to be up on the latest and greatest thing in personal computers It s easy to get behind So I learned the hard way that DDR pin memory won t work in a DDR pin slot Oh it will Vs DDR DDR2. Solved: a1120n upgrade, Pavilion memory fit into the slot with much persuasion but it won t work I have an Solved: Pavilion a1120n memory upgrade, DDR Vs DDR2. HP Pavilion a n Media Center PC It has banks of memory slots blue slots and black slots My PC came with MB PC- DDR SDRAM Solved: Pavilion a1120n memory upgrade, DDR Vs DDR2. memory it says that on the label on the front of the machine Apparently the PC- is Solved: Pavilion a1120n memory upgrade, DDR Vs DDR2. what I ignored from the start I think that was the clue that I missed telling me that I should have ordered DDR memory which has pins pins on each side I ordered the suggested memory upgrade kit from hpshopping com The pin DDR memory that they sent to me looked like the memory I had in my Pavilion After some very sore thumbs the memory did go into the slot but when I turned the computer on it would not start up After calls to HP I still did not understand what was going on After searching the Web I was thinking that maybe I did have DDR memory in my machine At a loss I turned my Pavilion off grounded myself pulled one of my DIMMs out and counted the pins on the front of my memory Sure enough I counted pins Even on the phone with HP they kept suggesting the pin memory I did call them back and told them that I counted pins on my memory and the technician did not know what that meant At any rate I m glad my Media Center PC has DDR memory in it I did find a great site for finding answers to my memory questions http www crucial com index asp When I went to this site they knew much more than HP seemed to know about my Pavilion I was very impressed that on a Saturday they had someone that I was able to instant message on their site and they answered my questions Old dogs like me can learn new tricks Dave nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-pavilion-a1120n-memory-upgrade-ddr-vs-ddr2.432171/
Relevancy 53.75%

Is this considered value RAM? I bought 2gigs of it for $50, installed it and it is defaulting to DDR-667. Seemed like a steal at the time

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16820134583

I had to manually go into BIOS and up the voltage and increase the clock - It is now at DDR-800
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And while were at it, newegg.com advertises this http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16820134583
as SLI ready, but I do NOT see where you would hook up the SLI cable. Anybody?
Just a few kinks with the new build

A:Kingston HyperX 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel De

From the newegg comments:

I feel as like I should clear up the confusion about this memory. This ram is programed to default to DDR2-667 at 1.8volts instead of the DDR2-800 at 2volts. This is because most motherboards default to 1.8v, and it would suck if you were trying to build a new computer and you couldn't boot because your memory only ran at 2v. That's why kingston made it so you can run it at 1.8v(although at a slower speed) and change it to 2v later. YOU NEED TO MANUALLY SET THE VOLTAGE TO 2VOLTS AND SPEED TO DDR2 800 @ 4-4-4-12 IN THE BIOS. If you don't do this then you are wasting good memory. If you don't believe me then read the data sheet here: http://www.valueram.com/datasheets/KHX6400D2LLK2_2G.pdfClick to expand...

So that makes sense...

Also I think your 2nd link is the same as your first

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/kingston-hyperx-2gb-2-x-1gb-240-pin-ddr2-sdram-ddr2-800-pc2-6400-dual-channel-de.97219/
Relevancy 52.03%

...can it be replaced with PC2 5300 DDR2 CL5 DDR2 SODIMM. Will my computer explode if I use it? It's a IBM Lenovo 3000, 1.5ghz, w/Intel Celeron M. Thank you

A:My system uses PC2 4200 DDR2 CL4 NP DDR2 SODIMM

Go here and on the right,.. click Scan My System http://www.crucial.com/index.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-system-uses-pc2-4200-ddr2-cl4-np-ddr2-sodimm.509994/
Relevancy 52.03%

A friend of mine is upgrading his computer. He has an XFX 680i lt sli motherboard. What is better in RAM: 2gb at 800mhz or 4gb at 667mhz? He has XP. Also, should he get ECC ram, buffered ram, or normal ram? He wants to play games such as WoW, DIablo II, and maybe Crysis.

A:Ram question: ddr2 4gb at 667mhz or ddr2 2gb at 800mhz?

Four. You definitely notice a 100% difference in amount over 25% in memory speed - which isn't really noticeable anyway.

That mainboard uses normal DDR2 memory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-question-ddr2-4gb-at-667mhz-or-ddr2-2gb-at-800mhz.93671/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade replace my current 2x2GB DDR2-667 modules with 2x2GB DDR2-1066 modules in a couple days but I'm wondering if I really need that!

I mainly write software and run linux on virtualbox on that particular machine and so far everything works really well but I'm looking forward to game a little on it as well, after a video card upgrade of course!

So, would I get like a reasonable performance increase with those ddr2-1066 modules or should I just forget about them and keep my current setup?

A:DDR2-667 to DDR2-1066 performance?

Does your motherboard support the DDR2-1066?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ddr2-667-to-ddr2-1066-performance.173140/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a 1GB stick of pc4200 (533mhz) ram in my comp at the moment, which is an AMD dual core w/ a 2000mhz MT FSB, in an AMD M2N4-SLI motherboard. Im wondering whether it would be better to start off by buying pc6400 (800mhz) RAM or sticking with what i have, the question is would 4 sticks of RAM running at 533mhz which adds up to 2132mhz total (533mhz x 4sticks) be the same as 4x sticks of pc6400 since the FSB would handle them running the same speed (3200mhz total, much greater than the fastest the FSB can run which is 2000) is having the more powerful ram better if i have so much that the FSB cant handle the speed? Im not really knowledgable in this field so i thought id ask the pros.

heres a link to the motherboard:http://usa.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=101&l3=323&model=1266&modelmenu=1

Relevancy 49.88%

are they interchangeable?

if my board has DDR2, can i use the ddr2 dual channel?

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all,

I have Intel's D-915 processor, D102GCC2 Mob, 512 MB 533 Mhz DDR2 (UMAX)

I want to put another 1GB of DDR2 RAM in other slot. Can both work together well.

Also if I will go for 1Gb 667Mhz DDR2.. then ? Any problem..

Plz Suggest..

Thanx..............

A:can a 533MHz DDR2 RAM and 800 Mhz DDR2 RAM work together ?

If your motherboard is limited to 533 mhz then a 667mhz memory stick will be automatically underclocked to 533mhz, defeating the object of buying the faster ram. As for if 2 sticks of 512mb and 1gb work together side by side, I've never tried it but suspect it would work. If you get any problems, make sure you put the 1gb stick into the 1st memory slot (the slot your 512Mb stick is in at the moment) and put your old 512mb stick into the second slot. I remember reading that the CPU is happier running a bigger memory stick in the 1st slot. It may be an old wives talke, but its worth trying if you get problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-a-533mhz-ddr2-ram-and-800-mhz-ddr2-ram-work-together.633123/
Relevancy 49.88%

i have an old laptop which has 4 gigs DDR2 using 2 channels, is there any adapter or linker which would allow me to connect my laptop memory to my desktop sized slot

A:DDR2 Laptop to Desktop DDR2

Yes. See Adapter / Tester : Laptop DDR2 200 pin SODIMM RAM to desktop DDR2 240 pin DIMM RAM: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/250078-ddr2-laptop-desktop-ddr2.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I just purchased 4GB G.Skill DDR2 1066 MHZ RAM and installed it into my motherboard (Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H). I have tried fixing the problem by readjusting the vdimm voltage to 2.1 volts after reading on the G.Skill website that 2.1v is compatible with most motherboards. After doing so, I tried to change the settings in my BIOS to manual so i could reconfigure the RAM to a 1066 mhz option but the max still only shows as 800. Please help me out if you know any way i can change the frequency to the 1066 mhz my ram is actually supposed to be .

Relevancy 49.02%

Hello.

I have a MSI K9A2 CF V2.

It supports Up DDR2 1066 and up to 8GB.

I have 2 2GB sticks right now which I will be moving to another computer. I wish to buy 2 sets of 2 2GB 10666. The board support 4 sticks of ram. If I buy 2 separate of the same memory will I have an issue meaning 4 total sticks of the same ram. Meaning will the sticks do there little duel channel thing??

Thanks,
Kyle

Relevancy 46.01%

I have had a DDR2-533 512mb stick for a while and its been using up the first slot for quite a while. I just got 2 DDR2-800 1gb sticks for a gift and was wondering if i should rearrange them in the slots or what? I have 4 slots, 2 orange and 2 green. Any help would be great.

Relevancy 46.01%

I just realized I have some extra ram laying around. Here is the question. I was wondering if [email protected] with my AMD 9950 Black Edition OC'ed to 3ghz would be better than [email protected] with my CPU stock at 2.6ghz. I play things like WoW and Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Mostly new stuff.

A:4gb DDR2 1066 or 8gb DDR2 800

Definitely better off with just 4Gb, and having your CPU OCed than to have 8Gb, and running stock.

The difference probably is minimal anyway.

This is a different scenario if you do alot of photoshopping or RAM intensive stuff, those games won't take up gobs of RAM.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/4gb-ddr2-1066-or-8gb-ddr2-800.144544/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi all

I am building my new computer soon and i am juggling between going with 4GB of DDR2-1066 ram or DDR2-800.

My question is this. Is DDR2-1066 worth paying extra for? How much of a performance gain is there?

Either way, i will be going with 4GB of Corsair XMS2 memory.

Thanks, Nissanman

A:DDR2-800 vs DDR2-1066

Actually selecting between 800 and 1066 RAM in the same brand doesn't present to terrible price penalty.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231226

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231219

For 5 bucks more I'd go with the DDR2 1066. That's whether I could tell the difference or not.

Truth is, DDR2 10666 generally runs @ 2.0 volts or better, if you set the BIOS @ 1.8 (the generic DDR2 voltage), it's liable to default to 800Mhz anyway.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ddr2-800-vs-ddr2-1066.145089/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi I just bought seperate parts for my computer from newegg and I realized that when i changed my board, i forgot to make the ram match! I have ddr2 533 memory but my mobo supports ddr2 800, could the 533s still work?

A:DDR2 533 fit in a DDR2 800 slot?

Yes, they are physically the same but you may decrease the performance depending on what processor you have.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ddr2-533-fit-in-a-ddr2-800-slot.530569/
Relevancy 46.01%

Why is it that my cpu can only read 2gb?do i need to overclock/underclock the other ram?

A:Mixing ram 1gb ddr2 667 and 2gb ddr2 800

Since you did provide computer specs, I assume 1GB is allocated to onboard video memory.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/195062-mixing-ram-1gb-ddr2-667-2gb-ddr2-800-a.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi I am new here long time reader and follower This is 667 Confusion and for DDR2 WEI - 800 DDR2 Same my WEI Same for DDR2 800 and DDR2 667 - Confusion first post and you lot seem mighty helpful I just installed Win RTM x - I had GB DDR RAM as follows GB DDR GB WEI Same for DDR2 800 and DDR2 667 - Confusion DDR GB DDR GB DDR My WEI was for RAM My chipset is INTEL DG WH - latest BIOS Drivers Etc My board supports dual channel DDR RAM upto and has DIMM I purchased x GB DDR and removed the - totaling up to GB GB DDR GB DDR GB DDR GB DDR And guess what my WEI is still for RAM I read my mobo manual and it said that RAM must match in speed and size So I tried as follows Channel GB DDR Channel Empty Channel GB DDR Channel Empty and Channel GB DDR Channel GB DDR Channel Empty Channel Empty My WEI still reads as - My memory timing according to everest is - - - I set the speed to manual is BIOS but am now confused as to why it is still reading as when many users are reporting 's with GB DDR At least it should improve over - please help

A:WEI Same for DDR2 800 and DDR2 667 - Confusion

Did you re-run the assessment?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/23371-wei-same-ddr2-800-ddr2-667-confusion.html
Relevancy 46.01%

My current ram is DDR2 so will any DDR2 work?

A:If my RAM is DDR2, will any DDR2 work?

Its best to match the speed at which you know your motherboard will operate.

DDR2-533
DDR2-666
DDR2-800
DDR2-1066
Which motherboard (computer model number would suffice) do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/if-my-ram-is-ddr2-will-any-ddr2-work.188571/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi, I have a EVGA e-GeForce 7600GT 256 MB PCIe Video Card which supports the SLI technology allowing me to link up 2 or more graphics cards for greater performance. Now this card has DDR3 memory. I wanted to know if I can link it up with a DDR2 memory graphics card which also supports SLI. If I can, how will this difference affect performance?

A:Linking a DDR2 memory graphics card with DDR3 SLI graphics card?

Now this card has DDR3 memoryClick to expand...

Which card?? "A card with DDR3 memory", or "A thingy with a red switch on it" tell us just as much.
But if it's not another 7600 GT you're trying to SLi, just forget it, especially if you're going to buy the other card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linking-a-ddr2-memory-graphics-card-with-ddr3-sli-graphics-card.890912/
Relevancy 41.28%

I tried ZoneAlarm blocking spybot McAfee nothing worked This has worked so far And as requested here are the files Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan mcshield exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan vstskmgr exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system notepad exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXE C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe Fix! Excellent C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Excellent Fix! WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED Excellent Fix! - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO MSVPS System - ACD - CF - C E-B B - A C - C WINDOWS nsduo dll file missing O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run ShStatEXE quot C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXE quot STANDALONE O - HKLM Run McAfeeUpdaterUI quot C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exe quot StartedFromRunKey O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NeroCheck exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINDOWS system msjava dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINDOWS system msjava dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exe O - DPF BA B -D - C - BDA-D E A DFCF Confidence Online Enterprise Edition - https vpn-limited harris com llclient IVE winxp DanaInfo confidence harris com CT java AXXPEE dll O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip DE CEE-CAEB- DC- FDD- BA ED NameServer O - Service Adobe LM Service - Unknown owner - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Systems Shared Service Adobelmsvc exe O - Service Google Updater Service gusvc - Google - C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe O - Service InstallDriver Table Manager IDriverT - Macrovision Corporation - C Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exe O - Service iPodService - Apple Computer Inc - C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe O - Service Macromedia Licensing Service - Unknown owner - C Program Files Common Files Macromedia Shared Service Macromedia Licensi... Read more

A:Excellent Fix!

Run hijack - mark this and then click fix checked

O2 - BHO: MSVPS System - {ACD85107-9CF9-4C9E-B0B7-39940A0017C0} - C:\WINDOWS\nsduo.dll (file missing)

Clean
If you feel its is fixed mark it solved via Thread Tools above

Clear restore points – here’s how

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/mcgill1.mspx

This clears infected restore points and sets a new, clean one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excellent-fix.624370/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello All,
i am building my own unit and i need help with a Cooling fan I wanted to be quite and excellent as far as cooling and lasting, Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks again
Jon

A:Quite and excellent cooling fan?

i know im not a guru or anything and i dont know much about fans to recommend any but i thought it might help the next people who read this to know what you are trying to cool....you said you are building a new computer so im guessing you are wanting some case fans and a cpu fan? might also help if you posted your build so we know what your trying to cool so the tech wizards can tell you the appropriate fan/s. also how much are you wanting to spend.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/quite-and-excellent-cooling-fan.131176/
Relevancy 40.85%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6700 @ 2.66GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3325 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset, 1534 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 177072 MB, Free - 140941 MB; D: Total - 99 MB, Free - 34 MB; E: Total - 61388 MB, Free - 55891 MB; F: Total - 61399 MB, Free - 47584 MB; G: Total - 243742 MB, Free - 66739 MB;
Motherboard: ASRock, G41M-VS3.
Antivirus: None
thank you i followed a thread about listing of music and a suggestion to use karens directory printer excellent choice and then i opened these files in excel as suggested and formed my own music list
i then changed a little bit and placed a hyperlink on the file extension so now i can go through the list select what i want to listen to click on the hyperlink and the song is playing once again thank you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/thank-you-for-excellent-assistance.1068045/
Relevancy 40.85%

OK, where do I begin. Yes I need your help. I have a computer running XP. I installed a new DVD RW and all worked well for a week. Then all went blue, restarting all the time, then nothing, tried to reset up using boot CD for XP, it goes most of way thru, approx 20 minutes to end I either get a message
bios not fully ACPI compliant ....
or
STOP: 0x0000008e
If the DVDRW was working fine for 1 week, could it be this or something else??
mk

A:excellent problem

Your meeages are either a down rev BIOS or you don't have the latest or a corrupt driver.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excellent-problem.282494/
Relevancy 40.85%

I spend quite a bit of time in hotels so I am looking for VPN software that is fast and will connect to a trusted secure host server with a reliable reputation. I tried HotSpotVPN and found that it worked very well. However, I discontinued with HotSpotVPN because they have filters that block various websites that they feel are unnecessary for a business computer. My laptop in not a business computer but my own personal laptop. I also tried WiFi Guardian 2009 trial but discovered that it does not work with Windows 7 yet. Anyone with suggestions? I prefer the payed for software because they are usually ad free and are also usually connected to a dedicated fast and secure server. Thanks!

A:Looking For Excellent VPN Software.

Here is more information on setting up a vpn on a Windows 7 machine: Set up a remote connection to your workplace using VPN.

If you are looking for compatible software I suggest you search at the Windows 7 compatibility center and compare based on your needs: Windows 7 Compatibility Center home.

Cheers,
Tara
Windows Outreach Team

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/51089-looking-excellent-vpn-software.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hey, I found a Good and interesting website for All softwares.

A:Hi, Excellent website for All software!

Closing duplicate post .....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hi-excellent-website-for-all-software.139142/
Relevancy 40.42%

Check out this program at

www.goldwave.com

This program provides your typical open file, save as feature that is so much more simpler than winamp.

Just thought I would share.

Tweak

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excellent-program-for-converting-your-mp3s.37970/
Relevancy 40.42%

I have been having issues connecting to the internet since Monday Sunday night it worked fine but since Monday all I get is the yellow triangle with exclamation point in it on my wireless internet icon I have tried unplugging the wireless adapter tried No despite signal connectivity excellent re-entering the password tried to repair and finally reinstalling the Belkin CD but to no avail I have two separate icons in the system tray that show my internet connectivity No connectivity despite excellent signal one for Belkin and the other for wireless network connection This is what they currently show when No connectivity despite excellent signal I mouse over them Belkin Connect to network linksys Network Type access point Encription TKIP Transfer rate Mbits sec Wireless network connection Speed Mbs Signal Strength Excellent Status Limited or No connectivity despite excellent signal no connectivity The last two lines above I believe are the issue excellent signal strength but no connection There are other computers using the same wireless internet including the laptop Im currently using with no issues so it s isolated to this one computer Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Dan nbsp

A:No connectivity despite excellent signal

Having both the Belkin Wireless Controller and Windows Wireless controller on at the same time could cause this. Try turning one of them off.

Not sure how to turn the Belkin off, but here is how to turn off the Windows controller.

Go into Control Panel, Administration Tools, Services.
Go to the bottom of the list to find the Windows Controller.
Wireless Zero Configuration for XP, WLAN Auto Configuration for Vista/7.
Double click on the controller name to pull up Properties Window.
On the General tab,
Next to Startup type, click the down arrow and select Disabled from the list.
At the bottom under Service status click the Stop button.
Click OK to apply the changes.

Usually the install cd gives you the choice of just loading the drivers and using the Windows Controller, which is what I did with my Belkin USB adapter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-connectivity-despite-excellent-signal.1075845/
Relevancy 40.42%

How could I add a excellent banner on a PHP website? Here's our website www.decarle.com. We gona redesign our website. How could I do that??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-could-i-add-a-excellent-banner-on-a-php-website.809693/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi hope someone can help we re Mac users trying to fathom a PC laptop Our laptop says it has a wireless connection but we can t get online Our Mac works fine We have tried repairs we have cleared the dns cache the dns client is switched to automatic the firewall is off these are the results of ipconfig all Any no internet. but Connection excellent, Help! ideas thanks in advance Microsoft Connection excellent, but no internet. Help! Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Users Kevin OD gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name kevin Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Eth ernet NIC Physical Address - -D -E - - Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Ad apter Physical Address - - - -D - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Bluetooth Personal Area Network Physical Address - - -D - - C Users Kevin OD gt nbsp

Relevancy 40.42%

A few dayds back I downloaded some nForce drivers (1.12 I believe) that were uploaded to NVIDIA FTP, though since removed. Check out these shots;

When using RegClear 4.3 I *also* discovered an entry for;
NVIDIA ASIO Driver

I've yet to give these any real testing though seems like NVIDIA really put some hard work into these & may even finally have MultiDrive 5.1 support.

A:New NForce APU drivers may be excellent?

Download links are here;
http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=776

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/e_service/forum/viewthread.php?threadid=2793&boardid=14&styleid=1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-nforce-apu-drivers-may-be-excellent.2426/
Relevancy 40.42%

You dont need to fork out to have top-of-the-range effective protection

this is how....

FIREWALL

1. Use Windows Firewall in XP SP2
2. No XP SP2? Zone-Alarm is a 1st class FREE firewall
http://www.zonelabs.com/store/conte...alm/freeDownload.jsp?dc=12bms&ctry=US&lang=en

ANTI-VIRUS

1. Goto www.bitdefender.com and download Bit Defender 8 FREE of charge
it offers excellent protection against Viruses AND Spyware and its absolutley FREE
http://www.bitdefender.com/site/Main/view/Download-Free-Products.html#

I Use Bit Defender Pro with Windows Defender and never have problems...
Viruses are blocked if downloaded and are completley disabled....

ANTI-SPYWARE

1. Download Microsoft's Windows Defender which integrates itself into Windows
so theres no Icons in Tray or Desktop just Real-Time spyware protection
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...E7-DA2B-4A6A-AFA4-F7F14E605A0D&displaylang=en

Relevancy 40.42%

A couple of days ago our router stopped working so we had to exchange it for a different but internet? connection, no Excellent one Upon plugging it in both computers two laptops recieved a message about limited connectivity After running through the prompted high-speed internet installation one of the laptops was fine and running the wireless Excellent connection, but no internet? correctly Now the laptop was wasn t prompted to install the wireless still cannot Excellent connection, but no internet? connect to it It didn t automatically update the IP address so we changed it manually exactly to what was being read by the other laptop Although it got rid of the limited connectivity error message it didn t allow access to the internet It s a Dell Inspiron B with Windows XP and I m currently connected through Ethernet The Ethernet only works if it s plugged in while I m turning on the computer but I ve disabled all start-up programs from activating assuming that there was a program blocking it at start-up Although this does work if I unplug the cable while the computer is on it wont reconnect The only program that wouldn t turn off on shut-down was Avast Antivirus so I deleted it from the system and I intend to reinstall later Even with it gone it didn t change anything These are the ipconfig All results Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings ELIZABETH POWERS gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name ELIZABETH Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom x Integrated Cont roller Physical Address - - - - A- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Wednesday July PM Lease Expires Saturday July PM Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-PCI Car d Physical Address - - B-E -C - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway C Documents and Settings ELIZABETH POWERS gt nbsp

Relevancy 40.42%

AOL broadband,

Belkin pre-n router

to Motorola wap

to Hawking pci adapter

Excellent connection, shows 5 bars, but IE does not work.

IE is ok when I use dialup.

Have no idea what's next.

Thanks, Ron [email protected]

Relevancy 40.42%

Hi I seem to have recently picked up a redirection virus - at least I hope that s what it is Whenever I try to search for something I get redirected but in the bottom left of the screen it says waiting for excellentsearchserver com before I get redirected I m rather fed up about this having only just recently cleared the going on earth redirection server.com search excellent virus and I ve tried to be really careful since then I m running Windows and Firefox Also excellent search server.com whenever I try to do a virus scan using McAfee it stops and says An error has occurred An unexpected error occurred during your scan Please click ok to go back to your Home page and then try running your scan again But running it again gives the same results It s also doing this thing where when I open a program up comes a window that syas that Windows Firewall had blocked it and do I want to allow it I ve just tried running Mbam and it s immediately stopped running and when I ve tried to open it again it says that the pathway is invalid and I don t have permission Please help me Again Thanks Mick

A:excellent search server.com

Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt=============================================================================Please download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and be sure to re-enable your anti-virus, Firewall and any other security programs you had disabled.IMPORTANT! If for some reason GMER refuses to run, try again.If it still fails, try to UN-check "Devices" in right pane.If still no joy, try to run it from Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/417795/excellent-search-servercom/
Relevancy 40.42%

What are some games you guys know for PC that have Excellent graphics? Im tired of playing some of these games that turn out to have good but not great graphics, and some are awesome, Need For Speed Underground (PS2 or PC Demo) has good graphics...

What are some of the games that had graphics you liked? I may try them.

Relevancy 40.42%

First off i have a Thermaltake Armor Jr. Case. The problem is the front L.E.D standard intake fan isn;'t taken in air at all. There is no wind blowing in the case, and yes the fan is mounted properly when i checked.

So my question is, what is a good intake fan with good airflow and at a good air rate.

Also, anyone know if the side window vent is a 90mm or 92mm fan placement?

Note: The intake fan is 120mm.

any help will be the best thanks.

Please provide links with the item please.

A:Good to Excellent intake fan please.

the best way to guage a fan's performance is by the CFM rating. the higher the rating, the more air it can push or suck in. and one of the best ones i've seen has a cfm rating of about 63. normal ones i've seen are around the 35cfm mark. and this is one is advertised as being exceedingly quiet as well. it's very high quality. you might be able to tell that from the price. but it's well worth it if you want performance and quality.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185006

25 dollars. it's 120mm as per specifications.

i'm not sure about the side vent. but it appears to be a simple 90mm vent.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-to-excellent-intake-fan-please.94239/
Relevancy 39.99%

Yesterday at the recommendation of a BC Advisor I used Malwarebyte Free to help get rid of a virus I liked it so much that I purchased Malwarebyte Pro for The interface is clean easy to understand and use Installation and operation is utility program an of excellent Review extremely quick as is updatiing its database of malware threats Besides detection and removal of viruses worms trojans rootkits dialers and spyware from the Malwarebyte site the unique thing I liked about the pro version is StartupLite a utility which very quickly eliminates unneeded applications from startup That alone is worth the price You can check out the Amazon reviews at http www amazon com Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware-Pro- dp B AY T ref cm cr pr product top If you're interested in trying the free version or buying the Pro version the Malwarebyte website is at http www malwarebytes org lp lp gclid CNe k-qW roCFRSVfgodyDcAsw A reminder Review of an excellent utility program you should always turn off virus protection software of any brand when you use anti-malware utilities of any brand See Allan's comment below David

A:Review of an excellent utility program

MalwareBytes is an adjunct to a good anti virus utility. There is no need to disable your av when using MalwareBytes.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515271/review-of-an-excellent-utility-program/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop that's running XP and IE. When I try to get onto the Internet, the wireless signal is reportedly excellent but IE does not connect to the Internet. Can't figure out what the problem is.

Relevancy 39.99%

Steve Friedl, Microsoft MVP, developed an awesome and highly detailed article on how SQL Injection attacks work. DBAs and System Administrators need to be on the latest and greatest SPs and security updates for SQL-Server and other RDBMS's. Excellent Article: SQL Injection Attacks by Examplehttp://www.unixwiz.net/techtips/sql-injection.htmlSQL Injection is caused by unverified/unsanitized user input, and its main idea is to convince the application to run SQL code that it was not intended to run. If the application is creating SQL strings natively, i.e. on the fly, and then running them, it's straightforward to create some real surprises. There have been other papers on SQL injection, including some that are much more detailed, but this one shows the rationale of discovery as much as the process of exploitation.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/9952/excellent-article-sql-injection-attacks-by-example/
Relevancy 39.99%

And excellent visual tutorial for Malwarebytes for users:

How to use Malwarebytes

Relevancy 39.99%

Just thought I would share, hope it's not a repost....

http://www.dirk-loss.de/win-tools.htm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/excellent-free-software-utilities.52014/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi everyone
I've often "Nagged" about the inadequancies of AV software

I made a post about inconsistencies between the same version running on VISTA amd W7 where the VISTA version reports a disk as 100% clean whereas the W7 version finds a (KNOWN) trojan on the same disk.

(That post is also in this section of the Forum)

They at least seemed to be very interested in this and will get back to me asap.

(And this is for the FREE version).

At least AVAST seem to understand the meaning of the word "Support" without having to go round and round through endless telephone menus and the absolute horror of those "Indian" call centres.

I'll be interested in what they come up with.

Cheers
jimbo

A:Avast -- EXCELLENT support for problem

encouraging to hear jimbo. I have been supporting/installing avast myself as of lately. With reading/hearing this make me want to keep on having it installed. I havent had any crashes/hangs. From what i can tell compared to other AV, its doing its job pretty well when i throw things at it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/9728-avast-excellent-support-problem.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Alright, Im not really an expert on computer stuff so if you can help speak english please ^^
I use wireless for my computer, and the other day my internet just stopped working. Now it wont connect to the Access Point. I tried hooking up my wire from my Xbox to it and it wont let me get online from there either. Can anyone out there help?

Relevancy 39.99%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS excellent recommendation maintenance Need comp Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - QM CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA Quadro K M - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Need excellent comp maintenance recommendation Motherboard Dell Inc Antivirus Norton Updated and Enabled Could someone please recommend a top rated quot group quot of computer maintenance programs that i should run consistently to keep my computer healthy and running smoothly By the configuration listed above my computer should be quot flying quot I am told When it was new it did I have used different cleanup programs consistently but obviousy they re not correct or I am missing something as it is slower than a quot turtle quot I also have recurring issures with the mouse doing what it pleases or jumping around or the keyboard wont type or if it does it is very delayed HELP PLEASE DI nbsp

A:Need excellent comp maintenance recommendation

Hi, so called cleanup programs like registry cleaners can and often do, cause more problems than they solve.
Registry Cleaners - TSG Library of Knowledge
http://library.techguy.org/wiki/Registry_Cleaners

Registry Cleaners and System Tweaking Tools
http://miekiemoes.blogspot.co.uk/2008/02/registry-cleaners-and-system-tweaking_13.html
=====
=====
Download Security Check by screen317 from.
http://screen317.spywareinfoforum.org/
Or
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/securitycheck/

Save it to your Desktop.
Double click the install icon.
If using Vista - Win 7 - right click the install icon and select "Run as Administrator"
A command Prompt window will open.
Let it scan the Pc - press any key when asked.
It should now open in Notepad.
Copy and Paste the result of the scan in the reply box below.

The saved log will be called checkup.txt.
=====
Download AdwCleaner to your desktop.
Close any browsers that may be open.
Double click the adwcleaner.exe.

Once it opens click on Delete
Accept any prompts that may appear and allow it to run.
When the scan has finished click OK
Copy and Paste the report in your next post.

If any threats were found - your Pc may need to be restarted.
The log file should now appear on your desktop.
===
NOTE: If using Internet Explorer and you get an alert that stops the program downloading click on Tools > Smartscreen Filter > Turn off Smartscreen Filter then click on OK in the box that opens. Then click on the link again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-excellent-comp-maintenance-recommendation.1106301/
Relevancy 39.99%

...I changed to virgin at the weekend. Router cd did not detect router so i phoned them and did it manually.....5 mins later it wouldn't connect again, this is the same for all 3 laptops i have. I've since been on phone all weekend to virgin without sucess. One guy said to send off all my laptops as they have a problem!!! I've messed about and messed about even more on phone with them. Took my laptops round my dads and now they won't even connect with his which they used to do. Virgin won't send anyone to me they are sending new router. I'm going mad!! Help me please!! PS, they all worked fine on Sky till this weekend.

Relevancy 39.99%

Yesterday my computer experienced a power drop out and now i am unable to access the internet with my network adapter. I'm using a Linksys WUSB54G. It has excellent signal strength but is unable to find the internet. I have tried:

-manually resetting the router and modem
-using both manual and DHCP assigned IP address and DNS servers
-resetting the winsock and netlog
-uninstalling and reinstalling drivers
-and using a different adapter WUSB54GC with the same results as before.

I can not seem to work, any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks,
Christine Ashley

A:Excellent Connection, but not receiving packets

Are you able to connect and get internet access by ethernet?

Please set the wireless for DHCP addressing, try to connect and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excellent-connection-but-not-receiving-packets.849508/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi,

I've used my laptop absolutely fine for months on my wireless network, getting 2.3 meg a sec downloads on my 20meg connection, happy days! HOWEVER recently my laptop has decided that it doesn't want to cooperate now and after about 3 mins of booting up the connection goes from 2.3 straight down to between 40kb/s - 60kb/s. Internet pages load extremely slowly an streaming is out of the question, yet the signal strength is showing as excellent as I am sat right next to the wireless router!

I have 4 other computers on the network an they all work fine, including my desktop, i even tried using the usb adaptor in my pc on my laptop an I still get the same problem.

If this makes any sense to anyone then any kind of help would be lovely

Si

A:Slow internet - Excellent Connection

This Microsoft article might give you a starting point to troubleshoot:

Why is my Internet connection so slow?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/115871-slow-internet-excellent-connection.html
Relevancy 39.99%

This is great backup software!!!! I bought this version a couple of years ago BUT the latest version is 10 and 11 is on the horizon. Still though, version 9 does a great job for me and I have restored my PC over and over with an image of my hard drive; an image that was made at THAT time. I bought it for $30 with a $20 matching coupon and I hardly think this will ever be cheaper; not in a BOX delivered to your front door. Postage is probably an extra $5. Your call. (I have bought from this vendor before---no problems.) Some may think it is pirated software but I would not know!! And I doubt there would be support from Acronis for it!!
http://www.nothingbutsoftware.com/Ca...ode=36864&ai=0

Relevancy 39.99%

I cannot connect to any networks in my area I know the passwords and the signal strength is at a full bars but when I choose connect to a network gt choose a network gt type in the password - limited to no connectivity is what follows This puzzles me because the signal strength is very good and still I cannot access the Internet I tried this with three seperate secured networks I have the right password for all of them And they all did Connectivity, Assistance! of no need Internet. And In Excellent not work the passwords I must remind you were all correct The signals range from bars to bars for Excellent Connectivity, And no Internet. In need of Assistance! the few that I tried connecting to There is a non-secured network I am able to connect to but it s only at a strength of out of bars But it only shows up when I place the laptop by a window - and it works just fine I am very confused with these secured networks If I can find a way to use the stronger signals then I won t have to cram myself into the corner by my window every day maybe somebody could help shed some light on my situation Thankyou nbsp

Relevancy 39.99%

hi
i have a new toshiba laptop t-230
the wireless connection, does connect if the signal with the router is excellent or very good. if we count it with the signal green lines, it connects only wen the strength is 4-5 lines.
if is lower, even 3 (good signal) or 2 lines (fair signal) it wont connect. If i connect normally with excellent signal and move in another room with good signal, it still disconnects. my other 4 laptops and iphone in the house work fine.

1. i have uninstalled the drivers and put new ones.. same thing
2. i have formated the laptop but still no luck.
3. i have put a usb wireless card and it is working fine.

it seems that there is an issue with my atheros AR9285 card. can I ask from toshiba to replace the network card? is there anything else i havent tried?

thanks in advance

A:wireless connecting only if signal is excellent

Well, I think you hit the drivers, and another NIC works, so I'd have them replace it, seems like we're running out of other possibilities.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connecting-only-if-signal-is-excellent.952344/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi, Im extremely frustrated with this problem.I am using a built in atheros
AR5005G network adaptor and cannot connect to my router at home. I have checked the DHCP to make sure its enabled and the router seems to be set up fine. All i get is a limited connection with excellent signal. It says acquiring IP address then hits limited connectivity. The laptop can connect to all other networks I have tried (relatives, friends) but wont connect at home. Other laptops in the house connect though. Any help would be appreciated. And the laptop that wont connect is a toshiba sattelite L25.

Thanks

A:Limited Connection with Excellent signal

Go to Start/Run and type CMD and hit enter. In the Command Prompt type in Ipconfig /all the Default Gateway is the IP address of your router. Now ping the router. Now type Ping and the IP address of the Default Gateway. You should get a reply. If it times out, then restart the modem, router, and PC.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/limited-connection-with-excellent-signal-403743.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi all Santa left me one of these for XMAS Crucial M GB SSD drive EXCELLENT drive GB absolutely Crucial M4 -- SSD 256 I've just installed it in a decent laptop Sony VAIO with INTEL I cpu and GB RAM The main difficulty was actually physically getting it into the laptop -- slots were OK but the wretched people who assembled the laptop in the first place seemed to have the screws so tight that I was afraid I'd cross the threads on the laptop Crucial M4 256 GB SSD drive -- absolutely EXCELLENT case which gives access to the old HDD Finally after cloning the OS and booting up --- I JUST CANNOT believe the SPEED and fast response Crucial M4 256 GB SSD drive -- absolutely EXCELLENT I'm getting on the laptop now I wish I'd installed one of these AGES ago If you can beg borrow or steal one of these devices -- GO FOR IT It even makes using Photoshop on LARGE RAW PRO DSLR camera files a pleasure I use one area on the SSD as a photoshop scratch area too Makes my fast Crucial M4 256 GB SSD drive -- absolutely EXCELLENT Desktop look like a SNAIL Cheers and happy new year everyone

A:Crucial M4 256 GB SSD drive -- absolutely EXCELLENT

Jimbo, they are great, aren't they. I bought a Samsung laptop that I keep very little on. I put a 64GB M4 as a OS drive and a Vertex2 as a data drive. Restart time is 26 seconds. My Wife has now confiscated it, and it is her laptop now. I get the old one that still has Vista on it.(for now).

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/205055-crucial-m4-256-gb-ssd-drive-absolutely-excellent.html