Windows Support Forum

Windows BSOD's during bootup, suspecting hardware fault.

Q: Windows BSOD's during bootup, suspecting hardware fault.

Hey this is my first time posting here but I'm familiar with BSOD's fault. hardware during Windows bootup, suspecting forums and such Well I might as well describe my problem I have a HP Pavilion dv ca laptop running Windows Vista Home Premium CPU AMD Turion X GHz Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Go M RAM Gb DDR Well Windows BSOD's during bootup, suspecting hardware fault. this all started out a few weeks ago I was busy doing my normal stuff browsing the web talking to my friends on Skype and listening to music in iTunes when I get a notification for an update to bring iTunes up to I did the update and the process went smoothly But then things started to go horribly wrong for me During the reboot sequence Vista blue screened and went into autorestart Unfortunately I was unable to make out what the message said During POST everything was fine but when Vista tried to boot up I chose start Windows Normally when it gave me the option to it blue screened yet again during this bootup and restarted So in a rut I quickly hit f and managed to get into boot options Naturally I tried to get into safe mode BUT that's when things started to get weird It tried to boot but I got absolutely no GUI at all Explorer exe somehow didn't load up properly or anything My mouse was working as the pointer was up and I could move it around and everything but behind it was just a black screen Nothing else at all Frustrated I hard rebooted and did a system restore BUT during the restore I chose a restore point that was set the day before it gave me a message saying that the restore point could not be used please use another one That was an odd one So I fiddled around with the different restore points until I found a good one that was set before the iTunes install But then this is when things got really weird Windows finally managed to boot properly and I could get into my desktop But then I noticed that the internet wasn't connecting I tried to connect manually but Windows kept saying that the dependency group service could not be started This was getting a little odd So I tried to start it manually by going into My Computer BUT when I tried to do that Windows told me that it couldn't start it up at all and then afterwards I got BSOD' yet again Frustrated and going through a horrible anxiety attack my schoolwork and personal files are on this laptop here and I'm not one for backing up on a regular basis I tried doing another system restore THIS time it seemed to have worked out ok cause now the services had managed to get working again I'm typing this up right now on said laptop because everything's stable at the moment However I'm suspecting that Windows won't boot up right if I do a restart and go through the whole cycle yet again leaving me in an anxious mess Since I have no idea where the BSOD report dump is I checked the reliability monitor and it gave me this http i photobucket com albums a ityReport jpg - Part http i photobucket com albums a ityReport jpg - Part http i photobucket com albums a ityReport jpg - Part http i photobucket com albums a ityReport jpg - Part So finally my question is what just happened How did iTunes do this DID iTunes do this Is my computer still properly stable Is a Vista reinstall in my future I need some help making sense out of my situation I appreciate you guys taking the time to read this

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows BSOD's during bootup, suspecting hardware fault.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows BSOD's during bootup, suspecting hardware fault.

UPDATE: A friend of mine that's CompTIA A+ Certified took a look at the computer finally and ran some memtests; turns out that there was a bad stick of RAM that was doing this. I'm grabbing another 1 gig stick during the weekend, so that'll be fine now.

This topic can now be closed. :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-bsods-during-bootup-suspecting-hardware-fault-309627.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Not sure where else to post this; sorry if this is the wrong spot.I'm having an issue with my PC and wondering if anybody better with computers has any suggestions as to what component is failing. My wife was using the thing when the prstarted, and her original description made me think it was a software issue.

A:Can't install Windows 7, Suspecting hardware issue

My bad. I guess using my phone for this was a mistake.
Anyway, long story short, I eventually tried to fix the thing by formatting and reinstalling Windows 7. And I'm getting an error message saying, Windows cannot install required files 8007037.
I tried installing Windows XP for diagnostic purposes and got the blue screen of death. So I'm expecting a hardware issue now. Any thoughts about which part is most Likely the cause or how I proceed?
Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/523124/cant-install-windows-7-suspecting-hardware-issue/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi my first time here I have a new Dell Aurora in Page bad nonpaged Suspecting HDD fault area, R only a month old with GB of RAM and a TB harddrive for gaming though it isn't exclusively all I use it for Technically Page fault in nonpaged area, Suspecting bad HDD two months old since they delayed delivery by a whole month I apologize for not providing more detailed specifications as I am at work now will update with the relevant information when I get home In any case my problems started a little over a week ago Boot-up was normal logging in took a few minutes longer than it previously did Immediately evident was that my network refused to initialize reporting quot No Internet access quot The second issue that manifested was that everything but core Windows functions took at least or more minutes execute About an hour after logging in the network connector reports internet access minutes after that once Firefox has booted up I can confirm that I do not actually have internet access Or even access to any other devices attached to the LAN On a hunch I ran chkdsk with the R option Unfortunately underestimated the time that would take When it ended hours later I checked the log in the Event Viewer There were so many bad clusters that it scrolled off the log so I could not tell how many there actually were This should have been the end of it unfortunately it had no impact on my system I decided to run it a second time and this time it reported no errors Page fault in nonpaged area, Suspecting bad HDD with a count of KB Bad Clusters It was about this point that I decided to call Dell Support After talking me through running their own support tools which naturally reported all systems green they then talked me through a factory reset with the pre-loaded image file Immediately after I ran chkdsk R again which came up clean so I thought that was over I then uninstalled the bundled McAfee and replace it with Avast Free which I have been using for years now Everything was running smoothly until a few minutes after when I queued Windows Update to begin downloading the patches that were reset The system grounded back to the previous crawl so suddenly I could almost hear the squealing tires It was on the next boot-up that I received my first Win BSOD before the login screen could appear Page Fault In A Nonpaged Area Immediately after the memory dump it restarted and presented me with the login screen as if nothing had happened Logging in showed that my condition had not changed Dell Support is now recommending I perform a clean re-install of Windows which I will be performing tomorrow as the weekend begins for me then though I am not optimistic I highly suspect that my HDD is faulty despite Dell's support tools saying otherwise I would like a second opinion I will post more detailed specifications as well as the dump file when I get home though I am not sure how useful it will be since it was made immediately after a reset Apologies for the long ramble-y post with the missing information but I'm at my wit's end here For the record I do not install hardware drivers offered through Windows Update A couple of past incidents cured me of that compulsion

A:Page fault in nonpaged area, Suspecting bad HDD

Is that drive one gigantic partition or is it broken up?

How is it broken up?

Can you send us a screen cap of your disk management?

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/26236-page-fault-nonpaged-area-suspecting-bad-hdd.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello Right now I BSOD: Fault ?? Hardware am trying my best to keep my laptop running while I am posting this thread I have been victimized by relentless blue screens which I suspect is a result of some hardware problem I initially thought this was a Windows and or Virus problem BSOD: Hardware Fault ?? I posted a thread as well http forums techguy org virus-oth -extreme-system-slowdown-blue-screens htm l but I recently formatted and reinstalled Windows but the blue screens keep coming back I am using IBM Thinkpad R a model so pretty old by now It runs Intel Centrino GHz proc GB IDE hard disk it initially came with MB RAM but I upgraded it to GB Windows XP SP Here are the problems I am facing since last one month Extreme system slowdown while running two or MS Office files or Outlook or even two tabs on Google Chrome The mouse pointer tends to get stuck while moving on the screen as if my system is busy even when Task manager shows system usage between to times I face a slowdown I end up with a blue screen it mostly says something like A critical process thread has been stopped to stop further damage and a few error codes are X F X X A F DA X A C C X A CB C though the error codes change every time Also at times I get a blue screen while boot up that says Unmountable Disk and while running Windows I see Unknown Hard Error I showed my laptop to someone and he predicted that the MB RAM was causing the trouble and took it out but it still did not solve the problem The problem occurs instantly if I move my laptop from my desk to another location i e the moment I move it I get a blue screen I did run a memtest and it returned no errors Can anyone please help me figure out what s the problem I am living with it for more than a month now and its frustrating Thanks nbsp

A:BSOD: Hardware Fault ??

If moving it causes that kind of issue - I'd be looking at loose connections. DVD drive connection, AC adapter connections, Hard Drive connections.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-hardware-fault.949929/
Relevancy 68.8%

HI THERE i'm really disappointed i got blue screen amp blue screen error several time a day since MONTHS I loaded WINDBG to BSOD FAULT disk SRV.SYS & IN WITH hardware read my last BSOD there were'nt same i mean this is the Code Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck F fffffa b fffffa b fffff dc d Probably caused by hardware disk Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt BSOD WITH SRV.SYS & hardware disk IN FAULT analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis CRITICAL OBJECT TERMINATION f A process or thread crucial to BSOD WITH SRV.SYS & hardware disk IN FAULT system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated Several processes and threads are necessary for the operation of the system when they are terminated for any reason the system can no longer function Arguments Arg Process Arg fffffa b Terminating object Arg fffffa b Process image file name BSOD WITH SRV.SYS & hardware disk IN FAULT Arg fffff dc d Explanatory message ascii Debugging Details ------------------ PROCESS OBJECT fffffa b IMAGE NAME hardware disk DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP FAULTING MODULE PROCESS NAME csrss exe EXCEPTION RECORD fffff c b -- exr xfffff c b ExceptionAddress e f ExceptionCode c In-page I O error ExceptionFlags NumberParameters Parameter Parameter fefd fd a Parameter c e Inpage operation failed at fefd fd a due to I O error c e EXCEPTION CODE NTSTATUS xc - L CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT CURRENT IRQL ERROR CODE NTSTATUS xc - L EXCEPTION PARAMETER EXCEPTION PARAMETER fefd fd a EXCEPTION PARAMETER c e IO ERROR NTSTATUS xc e - Un p riph rique qui n EXCEPTION STR xc c e FAULTING IP a e f BUGCHECK STR xF IOERR C E FOLLOWUP IP a fe fd fd a FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME hardware disk STACK COMMAND kb FAILURE BUCKET ID X xF IOERR C E IMAGE hardware disk BUCKET ID X xF IOERR C E IMAGE hardware disk Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v And the Second Code Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck A fffff fc f ffffffffc e b fffff eed Probably caused by srv sys srv TerminateServer Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR a The requested page of kernel data could not be read in Typically caused by a bad block in the paging file or disk controller error Also see KERNEL STACK INPAGE ERROR If the error status is xC E xC C xC D or xC it means the disk subsystem has experienced a failure If the error status is xC A then it means the request failed because a filesystem failed to make forward progress Arguments Arg fffff fc f lock type that was held value or PTE address Arg ffffffffc e error status normally i o status code Arg b current process virtual address for lock type or PTE Arg fffff eed virtual address that could not be in-paged or PTE contents if arg is a PTE address Debugging Details ------------------ ERROR CODE NTSTATUS xc e - Un p riph rique qui n DISK HARDWARE ERROR There was error with disk hardware BUGCHECK STR x a c e CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME System CURRENT IRQL TRAP FRAME fffff bd -- trap xfffff bd NOTE The trap frame does not contain all registers Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect rax ff b rbx rcx fffff a d b rdx fffffa d eb rsi rdi rip fffff eed rsp fffff bd e rbp r r r fffffa d r r r r r iopl nv up ei ng nz ac po cy srv SrvCloseShare fffff eed fff push rbx Resetting default scope LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff afa to fffff a STACK TEXT fffff bd fffff afa a fffff fc f ffffffff c e b nt KeBugCheckEx fffff bd fffff a b fffffa e fffff bd b fffff c fffff b nt FNODOBFM string' x c e fffff bd fffff aa c ffffffff ffffffff nt MiIssueHardFault x b fffff bd f fffff a e fffff a d b fffff a d b nt MmAccessFault x c fffff bd fffff eed fffff f e fffff a fffff a b fffff a d b nt KiPageFault x e fffff bd e fffff f e fffff a fffff a b fffff a d b f srv SrvCloseShare fffff bd f fffff f e fffffa b f df fffff c a f fffffa d ... Read more

A:BSOD WITH SRV.SYS & hardware disk IN FAULT

Oh, you're not dead yet

Hello and welcome to TSF.

At a glance, it looks like you're having some problems with memory management. Please follow the instructions here: http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ns-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-with-srv-sys-and-hardware-disk-in-fault-553145.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I have an HP 8100 elite that keeps bsod. i ran the driver verifier and attached are the zipped results.

How to I read the log files?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-bsod-hardware-fault-driver-verifier-run-588143.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Happened about 20 seconds after logging in, no idea why, maybe it was something i downloaded? Ive run malwarebytes, MSSE, all clear

can someone help identify the problem?

Thanks in advance, you guys are lifesavers!

A:BSOD After bootup. No new hardware - Driver issue?

What about the network adapter issue? You did not responded there. I think you should have marked that one as solved before starting a new discussion.
Seemingly random BSOD - PFN list corrupt

This time it is a display issue. And the display driver is the latest, 340.52 WHQL.

Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark
Take the 15 minutes benchmark test.

Check if the Power Supply Unit (PSU) supplying adequate power to the computer or not.
eXtreme Power Supply Calculator
Also let us know the wattage of the PSU.

Is the computer hot? Report us the heat of the computer after a couple of hours of your normal usage. Upload a screenshot of the summery tab of Speccy. Alternatively, you can publish a Speccy snapshot too: Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs .

Let us know the results.

Code:
BugCheck 116, {fffffa800b6b3010, fffff8800f5c193c, 0, 2}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+15393c )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa800b6b3010, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff8800f5c193c, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000002, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
nvlddmkm+15393c
fffff880`0f5c193c 48ff256d6d7200 jmp qword ptr [nvlddmkm+0x87a6b0 (fffff880`0fce86b0)]

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.16384 (debuggers(dbg).130821-1623) amd64fre

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`029c71c8 fffff880`10159134 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`0b6b3010 fffff880`0f5c193c 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`029c71d0 fffff880`10158e3e : fffff880`0f5c193c fffffa80`0b6b3010 fffffa80`0b60fa60 fffffa80`0a4c8410 : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`029c7210 fffff880`0f40ff13 : fffffa80`0b6b3010 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0b60fa60 fffffa80`0a4c8410 : dxgkrnl!TdrIsRecoveryRequired+0x1a2
fffff880`029c7240 fffff880`0f43ded6 : fffffa80`ffffffff 00000000`0000523b fffff880`029c7390 00000000`00000005 : dxgmms1!VidSchiReportHwHang+0x40b
fffff880`029c7320 fffff880`0f423ce9 : fffffa80`0a4ea000 ffffffff`feced300 00000000`00000005 fffff880`0f55852a : dxgmms1!VidSchWaitForCompletionEvent+0x196
fffff880`029c7360 fffff880`0f426be7 : 00000000`00000001 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0b606010 fffff8a0`09e05250 : dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::xWaitForAllEngines+0x1e9
fffff880`029c7460 fffff880`0f4252d8 : fffff8a0`09e05250 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0a4ea000 00000004`00000005 : dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::SetupForBuildPagingBuffer+0xd7
fffff880`029c74a0 fffff880`0f42522e : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`0a4ea000 fffff880`0f423b56 : dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::UnmapVideoApertureSegmentInternal+0x34
fffff880`029c7630 fffff880`0f42e77e : fffffa80`0a2cb930 00000000`00000001 00000000`00000001 00000000`00000000 : dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::UnmapVideoApertureSegment+0x13e
fffff880`029c76a0 fffff880`0f42e527 : fffff8a0`09e05250 00000000`00001000 fffffa80`0a2cb930 fffff8a0`09e05250 : dxgmms1!VIDMM_APERTURE_SEGMENT::UnmapApertureRange+0x7a
fffff880... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/341527-bsod-after-bootup-no-new-hardware-driver-issue.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi The problem is a mix of BSOD s and freezes I only noticed the error message on the BSOD a couple of times which was quot page fault in non-paged area quot with a reference to the file win k sys It then started a memory dump and rebooted on completion Attached is the minidump file and and in fault with install Page hardware new BSOD area non-paged a txt document with the error codes The machine is new I built it last September - specs below with Page fault in non-paged area BSOD with new install and hardware Vista -bit SP It had been running absolutely fine since a week ago when I swapped my old Seagate hard drive out and put in the current drives and installed them in RAID Initially I thought that it was the RAID config or drivers and have since done several Page fault in non-paged area BSOD with new install and hardware reinstalls However same probs kept occurring I was Page fault in non-paged area BSOD with new install and hardware also worried that my system might be underpowered and that the nd hd was just slightly too much I ve consequently also reinstalled everything on one of the hard drives and disconnected the other as it is now but still the same problems I can t help feeling that it s hardware-related and am on the verge of buying a higher-powered PSU I ve run Memtest a couple of times to coverage no errors Have Kaspersky Internet Security installed fully updated and nothing detected just now after a full scan Hope you can help Am desperately trying to do my work on this machine Thanks Specs Asus P Q motherboard Intel C D E stock Geil Black Dragon GB MHz dual channel Powercolor HD PCS Mb x GB Seagate currently x DVDRW Corsair VX W several fans EDIT Another crash just now but this time the screen went haywire with lots of colours and lines - no BSOD or anything else Wasn t doing anything stressful just IE Could the video card be damaged Had the processor running lightly overclocked before Christmas and tried it with Crysis - could this have pushed the PSU to beyond limits nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

I have bought a new hardware recently Asus M A LT-M hardware and Area Nonpaged system Fault unstabilitity BSOD change. after In Page LE AMD II X and Geil GB DDR Value - - I assembled everything togheter with hardware left from BSOD and system unstabilitity after hardware change. Page Fault In Nonpaged Area my old PC which gave me this CPU AMD II X Mainboard Asus M A LT-M LE Memory Geil GB DDR Value - - Hard Drive BSOD and system unstabilitity after hardware change. Page Fault In Nonpaged Area GB Westgate Video Geforce GT Power Supply Chieftec smart W I formatted whole HDD and installed fresh copy of Windows XP service pack After few hours my windows started crashing BSOD PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA STOP x nv disp dll dumps of the BSOD in the attachment when I tried to play Crysis or Race Driver Grid I checked other games and windows crash in all of them Modern Warfare Need For Speed Shift Left Dead with same BSOD I tried reinstalling GPU drivers but that didn t helped I also tried installing old ones no success I have noticed that almost all of my applications suddenly crash Mozilla Chrome Office after few minutes of use Furthermore the files I download from the internet or copied from the usb sticks to HDD gets corrupted by CRC errors very often I reinstalled system two times but that didn t solved crashing and BSODS After that I had all my hardware component tested and I also have found nothing CPU Tested with orthos I ran two instances to test first two cores and the third one One hour test with no errors - C when IDLE - C when in stress RAM I tested my stick with Memtest passes and hour of testing which gave me no errors I tried testing them with this Memtest from hcidesign com it gave me few errors but I find Memtest to be more reliable Maybe I m wrong HDD Tested with HD tune CHKDSK and HDD Scan no errors C - C GPU Couldn t test because system crash when I try to run any graphic advanced application or game but it was fine before I changed my hardware C in IDLE and up to C in stress Here s my question what should I do I m getting out of ideas At start I thought that all errors are caused by bad stick of RAM but Memtest didn t showed any errors which made me confused Thanks for the help I ll provide you with all information you ll need just tell me Any kind of advice will be appreciated nbsp

A:BSOD and system unstabilitity after hardware change. Page Fault In Nonpaged Area

0x50AGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

nv4.disp.dll is a Nvidia display driver. Try the following:

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (both have free versions; make sure the version will work with your OS) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper but ONLY for the video card drivers. I had someone use it on their chipset drivers! If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-and-system-unstabilitity-after-hardware-change-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area.152973/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi I have two Toshiba laptops Qosmio X Satellite P and they are both giving me the same issue unusually dim screens I've tried fn buttons and BIOS settings but none of that seems to affect the screen I've done some research on the subject and many people when they hear unusually dull screen right away believe that it's a broken backlight but I'll explain why I do not software, Monitor Dim Not isssue) hardware (Suspecting think that that is the case I got the Qosmio about two weeks ago in came installed with Windows Vista bit This was not acceptable for my client so I installed windows XP on it instead So the thing I want to mention here is that the screen was bright while in Vista then it was bright for about a week in XP now Monitor Dim (Suspecting software, Not hardware isssue) it is suddenly dim and no software seems to be able to adjust it I tried the Nvidia settings Power settings Bios Settings FN keys The hotkey program by toshiba is installed My Satellite P is also running Windows XP sp or maybe and with that Monitor Dim (Suspecting software, Not hardware isssue) one the issue is very similar The screen is dull it used to be bright and no software seems to be able to affect it Here are my serials satellite pspa c-jr e qosmio pqx c- k s

A:Monitor Dim (Suspecting software, Not hardware isssue)

Hi

What happens if you would go back to the Vista (preinstalled by Toshiba)?
Did you check if the screen brightness would go back to the normal level?
I think you should do this because it?s really strange issue?

I mean the display brightness could be decreased and increased using the FN+F6 or FN+F7 buttons. The display brightness could change also if you would set another value in the Toshiba Power Saver. But as far as I know there are no Win XP drivers for Qosmio X300 and therefore you could not use the Power Saver for display brightness changing.

But there are XP drivers for Satellite P100? so maybe you would be able to use the FN key combination in order to increase the display brightness.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?44284-Monitor-Dim-(Suspecting-software-Not-hardware-isssue)
Relevancy 64.5%

Hey guys.

For a few months now, maybe around 3, my PC has begun getting stuck it seems. It has gotten so bad that on basically every start up, after most programs have been launched, it sounds like it just slows to a halt and stays there for up to a minute, and then suddenly picks up. This happens every once in a while throughout the day I am using it, and it is getting very frustrating.

Whether I am playing a game, watching a show, or simply booting up, it happens. Very rarely does it end in a BSOD, where it gives me a memory error. My guess is that either the ram or the harddisk is dying, but I really do not know. I have updated all my drivers, and I am unsure of what to do now. I just really want it to stop. :(

Anyone have any idea what I can do?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/very-frequent-hangs-suspecting-hardware-failure-coming-need-help-1157066.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hey guys Im having some BSOD problems with my computer It has always been doing it but it never really bothered me cause it only happened about once a day But recently I started streaming online a lot and Im starting to get a following which as you can imagine is a problem when my stream cuts off an hour suspecting motherboard PSU the the or BSOD Im into the stream I looked through the event viewer and the computer was BSOD because of a WMI error which I fixed and because of the postreSQL which I didnt understand why but I uninstalled it and that stopped as well Now the computer is still blue screening but there are no errors that show up in the Event Viewer Im dual booting so I have memtest I had it last night and it came back with no errors Mind you i have x gb sticks and I did not run them individually Here are the specs OS Windows Ultimate -bit SP CPU AMD Phenom II X T C Thuban nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC M A TD-V EVO AM C Graphics VW x Hz FP W x Hz MB ATI AMD Radeon R Series Gigabyte C MB ATI AMD Radeon R Series Gigabyte CrossFire Disabled Storage GB M -CT M SSD ATA Device SSD GB Western Digital WDC WD AALS- E A ATA Device SATA C Audio AMD High Definition Audio Device Please help me out I have speccy and will try my best to provide any additional information that's necessary to figure out the problem Regards Tod

A:BSOD Im suspecting the motherboard or the PSU

The PSU is LSP ultra 750W. Is it possible that Im not getting enough power? I am running two R9 200s.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-im-suspecting-the-motherboard-or-the-psu-1047186.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Is Windows 7 . . . - x64 - the original installed OS on the system? Win7 - an OEM or full retail version? OEM - OEM = came pre-installed on system - Full Retail = you purchased it from retailer - What is the age of system (hardware)? different parts from 1 to 2 - What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) NO

System Spec
Core i7 930
ASUS P6X58D-E LGA
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570
Kingston HyperX SH100S3B/120G 2.5" 120GB SATA III MLC
^-- I think is the culprit cause it disconects after BSOD, I have to completely shut down computer for it to
be seen by the bios again

A:BSOD Suspecting SSD Kingston HyperX

Try doing a power cycle of the SSD. The following steps should be carried out and take ~1 hour to complete.Power off the system.
Remove all power supplies (ac adapter then battery for laptop, ac adapter for desktop)
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to close the circuit and drain all components of power.
Reconnect all power supplies (battery then ac adapter for laptop, ac adapter for desktop)
Turn on the system and enter the BIOS (see your manual for the steps to enter the BIOS)
Let the computer remain in the BIOS for 20 minutes.
Follow steps 1-3 and physically remove the SSD from the system by disconnecting the cables for a desktop or disconnecting the drive from the junction for a laptop.
Leave the drive disconnected for 30 seconds to let all power drain from it.
Repeat step 4.
Replace the drive connection(s) and do steps 5-8 again.
Repeat step 4.
Start your computer normally and run Windows.

The above steps were a result of: Why did my SSD "disappear" from my system? - Crucial Community

While that may not be your drive, a power cycle should be the same on all SSD drives. See how the system responds after the SSD power cycle.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/225877-bsod-suspecting-ssd-kingston-hyperx.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Just built a system around an AMD X2 3800+, DFI Lan-Party Ultra-D, and 2x1GB Crucial Ballistix. Suffered a BSOD while playing World of Warcraft. I think it's the video card (that's what it seems like in the debug log) but I looped 3DMark 2001SE overnight and it went fine. During the time of BSOD my mainboard auto set the RAM to 3-3-3-8 timings but I found out the spec was wrong so I manually changed it to manufacturer recommended specs of 3-4-4-8. Testing has gone well but I attached the debug log hoping someone can make out the rest of the information. Many thanks!

A:BSOD, suspecting GeForce 6800 GS

Hi,

It crashes at video processing. Probably it is the hardware problem at the video card. May be the video card is overheat or bad contact. Reseat the video card and open the computer case to improve the circulation. If your windows does not within two days, the problem is related to overheat. You can also run rumtest to stress test the ram.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-suspecting-geforce-6800-gs.37184/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi all really getting a headache trying to fix my mums laptop out but I am struggling miserably BSOD's whilst also reinst Windows [SOLVED] trying while - BSOD's now Vista bootup, to I have no idea what she has done obviously claiming to have done nothing but basically I got [SOLVED] Windows Vista - BSOD's while trying to bootup, now also BSOD's whilst reinst a text this morning asking me to take a look at the [SOLVED] Windows Vista - BSOD's while trying to bootup, now also BSOD's whilst reinst laptop because it wont turn on First thing is the Windows bootup screen improper shutdown asking to boot in [SOLVED] Windows Vista - BSOD's while trying to bootup, now also BSOD's whilst reinst safemode normal etc I chose normal and just as it was about to boot into Windows a fast BSOD appeared for a split second and then the laptop restarted to the same screen This time I chose Last known configuration same happened The BSOD's were so fast I cannot get a glance at it I tried in safe mode and it seemed fine but I didnt know what I should try to do So I did a system restore and this worked ok but again it wouldnt boot up After hours of trying I googled some and downloaded Windows Vista Recovery Disc and I attempted the Automatic System Repair but it told me failed to detect any problems Tried it again and same So then I attempted to boot it back up but nope BSOD again The laptop did come with a typical recovery disc but I am unable to find that and the Windows Vista label is stuck underneath the Laptop so I downloaded a copy of Windows Vista to install and I managed to format the harddrive Now this is what bugs me I cannot even install a fresh copy of Windows I am actually trying again as we speak but even whilst quot Copying the files quot on the Windows installation it BSOD's on that too Like I said I was unable to even get a glance at the BSOD messages whilst windows was installed on those boot up failures however the BSOD messages whilst trying to install Windows are very readable as they do not disappear The first one I recall mentioning NTFS or NTSF dot sys ntfs sys The second one I only recall the top line which was MEMORY MANAGEMENT And the third one which I was just about to write in detail as it was still on my screen has just disappeared It was again a totally different message though Im very confused and it makes it worse because Ive built several PCs so I know the insides of those quite well and also have plenty of spare parts but not for laptops I have never even seen inside of a laptop before and certainly have no spare parts to test out Anyone able to help me out with this I feel The laptop is a Packard Bell SJ

A:[SOLVED] Windows Vista - BSOD's while trying to bootup, now also BSOD's whilst reinst

Memory_Management

STOP: 0x000000001A (0x00041284. 0xA4884001....

I just tried again for 4th time and I managed to type this much above ^^ before the laptop restarted itself :(

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-windows-vista-bsods-while-trying-to-bootup-now-also-bsods-whilst-reinst-515393.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I run Windows XP HE and get the blue screen of death and a message that my PHYSICAL memory is dumping to disk. I then see numbers ascending, I just switch off, this is the only way I can escape !

Every time I reboot it checks the disks for errors but gets ALMOST all the way through then HANGS. To overcome this I simply reboot again and it is ok.

I am worried that this DUMPING PHYSICAL MEMORY TO DISK will keep happening. Maybe even when I am away from my pc with disastrous results. It just suddenly happens with no warning. I no longer feel I can just leave my pc on unless I am watching it all the time. Very frustrating with broadband

In addition when I boot up I get an error message that the CPU is unworkable, hitting F1 gets me in ok.

A:Is it a hardware fault or O/S ?

Sounds like you have some serious hardware issues.

The "dumping physical memory to disk" is fine, all its doing is recording to disk a copy of the contents of the memory, for use by a Tech in diagnosing the problem (maybe...)

Its not harmful, its just writing a file.

Sounds like you need some physical hands on Tech Service on the PC though.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-it-a-hardware-fault-or-o-s.224868/
Relevancy 55.47%

I've been getting some BSOD's playing Warframe intermittently, and today got one playing Trove.
Tried doing sfc scan, memory diagnostics and checkdisk and updating outdated drivers with some exceptions I was unsafe about messing with (DriverEasy said processor drivers were heavily outdated, and suggested intel xeon drivers).
Also tried Verifier.exe, resulting in bluescreens as soon as I got to the desktop, mentioning something about I/O problems.

DM Logs are attached

Hope you can help with this.

-Christian.

A:BSOD playing some games, suspecting driver conflicts

LGVirHid.sys Logitech Gamepanel Virtual HID Device Driver

Remove, uninstall this see if you get BSOD

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/351439-bsod-playing-some-games-suspecting-driver-conflicts.html
Relevancy 55.47%

BSOD message indicates CDD.dll error. The error pops up generally when I'm playing online games, but not always. I do have 8Gb of RAM and suspect that the problem is 32bit version of Win 7 only seems to recognize 4Gb.

A:BSOD occurring randomly, suspecting memory error

Hi Indigo99.

Install Service pack 1 and all other windows updates. Otherwise the system will remain vulnerable to threats including BSODs.

Code:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (2 procs) Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.17273.x86fre.win7_gdr.130318-1532
Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Service Pack and Update Center - Microsoft Windows
Report us for any further BSOD after installing Service Pack 1.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/349536-bsod-occurring-randomly-suspecting-memory-error.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Well a few days back I had an unexpected BSOD crash When the system rebooted there were uninstalled updates which I then installed No crashes after that for some time days ago I notice my C drive memory depleting showing just GB free of GB Now because of this my system performance slowed down and there were a few more crashes I suspected a malware in some file so I researched a bit for memory scan softwares and found out about SpaceSniffer which I then downloaded and ran to scan the C drive It accounted for GB used and there was a log generated which I shall post in a reply as there isnit enough space on this message Anyways now my disk space is down to just MB free of GB and because of this I am not able to run a suspecting drive after crash, on Low malware. BSOD C: memory lot of programs Would appreciate any immediate help And I also want to let it Low memory on C: drive after BSOD crash, suspecting malware. known that Formatting and doing Low memory on C: drive after BSOD crash, suspecting malware. a clean install of Windows is gonna be my last resort as I do not have a Windows installation disc EDITED Apparently the log is too big to be posted in one single reply And also I've analyzsed the C drive with Advanced SystemCare and it showed that the path quot C gt Windows quot was occupying about GB while it just showed as GB on the SpaceSniffer scan The log in the SpaceSniffer scan showed that access is denied into one folder with path quot C gt Windows gt system gt config gt systemprofile quot I suspect that's the problem folder but as i said access to that is denied even though I have administrative rights

A:Low memory on C: drive after BSOD crash, suspecting malware.

What anti-malware and anti-virus scans have you done?

Download and run Treesize Free and post a screen shot of it.

TreeSize Free - Verzeichnisgren und Speicherfresser schnell erfassen

It will show all your directory trees and you can expand down to see every folder.

My System Profile folder is very small and is shown in Treesize Free.

Here's the screenshot:

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/326194-low-memory-c-drive-after-bsod-crash-suspecting-malware.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi everyone I suspecting BSOD also and watching HDD while movies overheat randomly, have a Gateway AIO computer running Windows Home Pre x In the past few months it has been BSOD occasionally while I was watching movie and browsing the web Also lately it has been BSOD while watching movies and also randomly, suspecting HDD overheat BSOD when there is no heavy activity at all on the computer When it tried to re-boot it gave me this error message quot PXE-E Media test failure BSOD while watching movies and also randomly, suspecting HDD overheat check cable quot and would not boot to windows I tried to go into the BIOS and check and I see that the BIOS did not recognize my HDD on the SATA port So I suspect something is wrong with the HDD It is a Seagate GB RPM After I let the computer cool down for a while then it can boot to windows again After a few hours or a fews days the problem come back again So I opened up the computer and take out the HDD and it feels kinda hot to my touch not burning hot but above warm level although I really don't know how hot can a HDD get and still function normally I have collected the dump files by SF Diagnostic tools and attached it here Please help me find out what's wrong Thank you very much

A:BSOD while watching movies and also randomly, suspecting HDD overheat

You're probably right. Dumps show possible problems with HDD.

7A and F4/ Storage/Hard Drive related. Be sure to keep a back up of all your stuff.

Upload a screenshot of your hard disk using CrystalDiskInfo:CrystalDiskInfo Standard Edition
How to Upload and Post a Screenshot and File in Seven Forums
Make a hard drive test from the hard drive manufacturers website:Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure
Take memtest. Run for 8 passes and test each stick in a know good slot for an additional 6 passes.
RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Note
Pay close attention to part 3 of the tutorial in order to rule out the faulty stick.

Information
Errors are sometimes found after 8 passes.

Tip
Do this test overnight, before going to bed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/284610-bsod-while-watching-movies-also-randomly-suspecting-hdd-overheat.html
Relevancy 55.04%

OK the C key on my keyboard seems to have developed a life of its own Sometimes it won't work at all sometimes when typing it repeats amp repeats the only way to stop it is to hit ctrl amp alt at the same time This only happens with the C key If there isn t a text window open then two of the icons on the desktop flash repeatedly one is pdf file one is a powerpoint file Again only way to stop it fault? Malware hardware or seems to be ctrl amp alt at the same Malware or hardware fault? time scanned with Avira nothing shows same with malwarebytes I use both of these regularly DDS wouldn't execute on my laptop I just get a DOS window opening that Malware or hardware fault? reminds me to turn off script blockers what are they tells me it's non invasive won't take longer than minutes and that a log will be produced but then that window disappears and nothing else happens The GMER log seemed togo ok and Malware or hardware fault? is zipped amp attached Did all the above with AV etc disabled

Relevancy 55.04%

Hi everyone this Hardware My Fault A PC Help On Need Diagnosing is my first post on techspot so be nice My problem is that i started my pc up earlier today and i was prompted with a bios screen asking if i wanted to boot windows normally safe mode or from last known good configuration I chose last known good configuration My pc then restarted and nothing displayed on the monitor so i turned it off and back on and nothing displayed again Anyways im at the point where no matter how many times i try the display will not show The pc sounds as though it starts up but wont load the bios screen I have tried motherboards switching over all the components thinking it was a faulty motherboard eventhough it had worked the previous day I get Need Help Diagnosing A Hardware Fault On My PC the exact same problem with this motherboard too I have Need Help Diagnosing A Hardware Fault On My PC disconnected all the drives and i still get the same problem My PSU Need Help Diagnosing A Hardware Fault On My PC is an antec w which is only several weeks old so i wouldnt say it was a problem with it not supplying enough power to the motherboard The motherboard does not beep at all either So i have no way of finding out whats wrong with it I have left it unpowered and removed the bios battery several times but no change Also my dvd rom will not open whilst connected to either motherboard it will only open when i remove the IDE cable and run it only with power The computer doesnt even show anything with the dvd drive disconnected either I have also tried reinstalling the ram but if it was the ram then the motherboard would beep right My only guess is that it could be the cpu but the fan powers up and there is no bleeps from the motherboard indicating this I would really appreciate any help that you can give And before you ask all the cables have been connected properly Specs are amd dual core skt ASUS a v-nm and the SE motherboard was the original one gb mhz kingston ram gb SATA seagate HDD Empire DVD Writer Geforce gt Antec w PSU Thanks for reading this by the way and thanks in advance to all the replies Its really frustrating lol Ryan nbsp

A:Need Help Diagnosing A Hardware Fault On My PC

It looks to me that you have done a very thorough job of fault diagnosis and i agree with your conclusion that the fault could well be with the CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-diagnosing-a-hardware-fault-on-my-pc.89046/
Relevancy 55.04%

dropped the lappy and now all i get is the

we appoligise for the inconvience but windows did not start succesfully a recent hardware change might have caused this

then goes on start normally or safe mode etc,

it does not boot in anything

Can you please help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/posible-hardware-fault.886645/
Relevancy 55.04%

Sorry for writing a novel as a first post It all started with my PC running slow on the gaming frontier I forked out for a new gig stick of RAM and all was well until my PC had random complete shutdowns Entire power off no warning nothing like oldschool pc shutdowns bam off so I had a look inside the case to see fault locating Need hardware help if there was anything obvious like if I had bumped something but I accidentally hit the voltage switch and blew the PSU Next day I got a new off the shelf Need help locating hardware fault Thermaltake w everything was fine again until I started getting screen garble Big Florescent pink and green lines on a white back ground with an offset square where the mouse was So I tinkered with graphics settings and all but it still continued So next day I bought a new Radeon X Pro I don t have a question I m just bragging lt Kidding Need help locating hardware fault gt I threw in an old Gb HDD at the same time as the Vid card and again all was going well until I started playing UT and the sound goes funkadelic three distinct different tones repeating over and over I shut down the PC at the PSU and Need help locating hardware fault restart but it wont go further than post It comes through with Clockspeed and memory count but wouldn t go further I disconnected the old HDD and it went past post and seems fine The real question is Where could the real fault be and the point of origin What could I have done to the machine could the PSU have spiked other hardware Why would the HDD work fine until put under heavy access Are there likely to be any further faults Has anyone had this happen before nbsp

A:Need help locating hardware fault

1. Where could the real fault be, and the point of origin?: Well you replaced everything apart from the motherboard and RAM so they would be your best bets. Download memtest and test your RAM for a while with it. Not the Windows version but the DOS version. I think it is on Hirens boot CD. Also on the Ultimate boot CD wich you should be able to find through google

2. What could I have done to the machine, could the PSU have spiked other hardware?

Did you insult your computer or look at it **** eyed? It is not likely that the PSU spiked the hardware but it is more possible that the amount of amps that came through the PSU was to much for the rest of the components to handle

3. Why would the HDD work fine until put under heavy access?

Well the harddrive is a mechanical object. The more you push it the harder it works. The harder it works the more likely it is apparent to develop problems but this would only happen with a damaged or extremely old harddrive

4. Are there likely to be any further faults?

Well it is still not working correctly so you still have problems. The fact that that the motherboard beeps is an indication that something is upsetting your BIOS. It is quite possible that the motherboard is damaged. Or at least that your computer is overheating

5. Has anyone had this happen before?

I have had all of these problems but not all at once. Now this is a novel

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-locating-hardware-fault.605718/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I have fault or hardware Virus a problem with either a repeating c key or it doesn t work at all i have to opy and paste it all the time I m unsure if it s a virus thing or maybe just a hardware fault but it doesn t happen in safe mode so I m leaning toward the former DDR doesn t seem to run on my laptop i just get a window explaining that it s non invasive et and when that disappears nothing else happens Below are the hijak this amp gmer logs Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Virus or hardware fault svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C Program Files Connect BecHelperService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Virus or hardware fault Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS System SnoopFreeSvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C WINDOWS SnoopFreeUI exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I L EXE C Program Files Zoom CnxDslTb exe C Program Files Logitech Logitech WebCam Software LWS exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files PPLiveNetwork PPAP exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Ask Toolbar BHO - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files Ask com GenericAskToolbar dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar Ask Toolbar - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files Ask com GenericAskToolbar dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run IntelZeroConfig quot C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelWireless quot C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe quot tf Intel PROSet Wireless O - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe quot min O... Read more

Relevancy 55.04%

I sometimes spend a long time diagnosing certain faults on a PC/Laptop. Is it RAM, HDD, Mobo etc etc, until I pin down the exact faulty piece of a computer. I have been looking into diagnostic kits to try and save me some time, They seem to vary in price from г30-г1500. They all claim to be able to diagnose the exact hardware fault of a PC or laptop. My questions are, does anyone have any experience of these kits, if so do they actually work? And can anyone recommend a particular brand/model?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hardware-fault-diagnostic.1139570/
Relevancy 54.61%

Dear Bleepers Please help For the past week I have been getting BSOD Paged Fault in Non-Paged Area CLASSPNP SYS It has happened times now The first time was when I Paged BSOD, 8.1, Fault, Windows Help!!!! inserted a flash drive as was the second and the third Either the second or third was actually my USB mouse but I cannot remember which time it was BSOD, Paged Fault, Windows 8.1, Help!!!! The th and th also had BSOD, Paged Fault, Windows 8.1, Help!!!! a USB mouse attached to the computer but the error did not happen when I initially plugged the USB device in as it did most of the other times I have read that this problem can be caused by faulty hardware faulty drivers and RAM going bad I am usually patient enough to read and find the problems and solutions myself but this is over my head Please help Some information about my computer to begin with Toshiba Satelite L -B Running Windows Ran whocrashed and all dumps are virtually identical BCC x description SCSI Class System Dll Bug check description This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time I am also running both Mcafee and malwarebytes have had some recent attacks - malware said it successfully blocked outgoing and incoming - I also read antivirus can cause this problem I don't know if this is even the proper way to ask for help but someone please take pity on me I am extremely distraught Thank you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607383/bsod-paged-fault-windows-81-help/
Relevancy 54.18%

Okay so in the last couple of weeks about of my Constant fault? - Corruption Hardware downloads will not install or extract due to file corruption Even legitimate downloads from legitimate websites I ve reinstalled windows and formatted the entire hard drive several times and even ran a Constant Corruption - Hardware fault? legitimate copy of XP and Windows and I am still experiencing the same problems Not only this but many of my programs will crash or not even open such as MSN Firefox and others I ve got a Seagate GB Barracuda internal HDD and I ve ran some SeaTools scans and they seem fine I ve also swapped out the SATA cable connecting it to my motherboard The trouble is it is one of those really irritating problems that you can t specify as being one thing because so many things are irritating me I ve Constant Corruption - Hardware fault? got no problems with speeds or anything it has no problem running programs that work just they will crash regularly My hardware is Host Name JOE-PC OS Name Microsoft Windows Ultimate OS Version N A Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation OS Configuration Standalone Workstation OS Build Type Multiprocessor Free Registered Owner Joe Registered Organization Product ID -OEM- - Original Install Date System Boot Time System Manufacturer Winfast System Model AWRDACPI System Type X -based PC Processor s Processor s Installed x Family Model Stepping AuthenticAMD Mhz BIOS Version Phoenix Technologies LTD W P Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume System Locale en-gb English United Kingdom Input Locale en-gb English United Kingdom Time Zone UTC Dublin Edinburgh Lisbon London Total Physical Memory MB Available Physical Memory MB Virtual Memory Max Size MB Virtual Memory Available MB Virtual Memory In Use MB Page File Location s C pagefile sys Domain WORKGROUP Logon Server JOE-PC Hotfix s Hotfix s Installed KB KB KB KB KB KB Network Card s NIC s Installed Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Connection Name Local Area Connection DHCP Enabled Yes DHCP Server IP address es fe a b ab d cd My motherboard http www foxconnchannel com Product Motherboards detail overview aspx id en-us I m running Windows Ultimate bit at the moment I did recently install a GB stick of RAM but with several tools I can confirm that it is exactly the same as the other stick and it is properly inserted and functioning Do i need to update some drivers or something I am honestly clueless nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

Recently I took delivery of a new PC Intel Pentium quot LGA Prescott quot GHz FSB with HT Technology Asus P AD Premium X LGA Motherboard Western is - or hardware Serious software it problem fault a ? Digital Caviar Special Edition GB JB ATA- MB Cache AOpen H A Super Tower W Serious problem - is it a hardware fault or software ? PSU Corsair MB DDR XMS - Pro Windows XP Pro already owned Everything was going fine until I connected to the net for the first time and got a virus that made the pc keep restarting itself and freezing up the net As a result of this I decided to reformat the hard drive and start from scratch nothing unusual there yes but as I had never reformatted before I by mistake tried to reinstall Windows via desktop instead of reformatting the hard drive first and that is where the problems began when I tried to reformat the hard drive like i should have done in the first place my pc kept refusing saying that there were programs already running the virus I guess Now when I try and install Windows via boot up it comes up with the following error message every time that I try and install Windows via boot up stop x b xf c xc x x This also happens if I change over hard drives so it can t be a hard drive problem BIOS update has also been installed so that is running normally So is it a a faulty XP disc b a problem with the motheboard c a system virus I need to know as it simply won t let me install Windows even after reformat or switching drives nbsp

A:Serious problem - is it a hardware fault or software ?

Sounds like the computer is not booting of the CD. You need to go into the BIOS setup when the computer first turns on, usually press F2 or DEL, and find the Boot Order. Make sure the Boot Order has the CD-ROM in the sequence before the hard drive. Then save and exit. Now when the computer starts with the XP CD in the drive it should come up and ask you to press any key to boot off the CD which is what you want to do. Then follow the onscreen instructions. You will probably want to do a new/clean install of XP so you will want to format the drive when asked.

Here's some installation guides:
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html
http://www.blackviper.com/Articles/OS/InstallXPHome/installxphome1.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/serious-problem-is-it-a-hardware-fault-or-software.280252/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I m having some issues with my PC and i am not sure what is wrong i have exhausted what knowledge i have to be honest A couple of weeks ago i was using my HDD related, Fault. Hardware maybe not? Unknown Maybe PC same as always and i got a crash i dont remember the exact nature Unknown Hardware Fault. Maybe HDD related, maybe not? now but Unknown Hardware Fault. Maybe HDD related, maybe not? i restarted the PC and when i did i was greeted with a black screen with a flashing cursor when i tried to boot I fiddled around with my hard drive configuration at this point disabling one then the other to see if Unknown Hardware Fault. Maybe HDD related, maybe not? i could get the GRUB loader to appear This didnt work but when i put both drives back in as they were before i could access GRUB again but it would throw up error Makes sense i messed around with the drive positioning so grub would be a bit confused It s from this point that things went really wrong I used a LIVE ubuntu CD to try and repair grub but found that my GB HDD was actually inaccessible due to a bad superblock Further inspection showed that both my HDD s were showing some level of corruption I ran SEATOOLS on both my drives in the hopes that at least an error code would get me an RMA The GB drive passed fine first time The GB drive did not it failed the long test due to some corrupt LBA s that it corrected It has passed the long test twice now without error I decided at this point just to cut my losses reformat the drives and start over This went relatively painlessly and once i was setup in ubuntu i got a reminder that my HDDs were failing This feature is notoriously over sensitive though so i investigated further The GB drive had reallocated sectors that were not present before and the GB drive has pending sector rewrites as well as uncorrectable errors also not present before I have been monitoring the drives since and there has been no increase in damage over the last couple of weeks I assume they both took some damage in the crash but have no idea how My issues now have become more pronounced In windows my mouse will slow down under periods of heavy usage and freeze or lag a lot Sometimes i boot up and my USB devices kb mouse wif dish need to be reconnected before windows will detect them When the mouse is lagging the computer also slows to an absolute crawl and becomes unusable whilst this is occuring Performance in d games has plummeted too my fps jumps widly from the maximum amount i know i should be getting all the way down to around a quarter of its full speed So what has happened My operating systems are both on the GB drive the one i figured had taken the least amount of damage I cant RMA these drives without a seatools code so am stuck with them for a while besides if the manufacturers tool passes them fine then they cant be that damaged right Are all the problems indicitive of hard drive errors I m thinking whatever caused my drives to frazzle in the first place might be responsible here All help appreciated sorry for long post nbsp

A:Unknown Hardware Fault. Maybe HDD related, maybe not?

Update:

Tried extracting an archive on the 250GB drive, went at 16MB/s, lagged my computer out like crazy and i had to forcibly close the extraction. Copied the files to my 320GB (copied at full speed btw) and extracted there at 40MB/s with no impact on my PC performance whatsoever.

Seems fairly obvious then that my 250GB is simply screwed? Is there anything i can do here? SMART only shows 34 reallocated sectors out of 36 that were available for remapping leaving 2 spare sectors still, it should not be behaving like this, should it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-hardware-fault-maybe-hdd-related-maybe-not.911131/
Relevancy 54.18%

I'm having Windows 7? BSOD in to fault Vista driver due a little trouble with my computer It jams during games the sound loops the screen freezes and then the computer will restart I had some trouble with this before but it was solved by buying a GOOD PSU instead of a crappy cheap one But this time I have Windows Ultimate GB ram KVR D N Processor E Intel Dual-Core GPU Sapphire ATI HD MB MSI BSOD due to Vista driver fault in Windows 7? Neo FR These are the Debug files I got Code SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION b An exception happened while executing a system service routine Arguments Arg c Exception code that caused the bugcheck Arg fffff f ce Address of the exception record for the exception that caused the bugcheck Arg fffff eb Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck Arg zero Debugging Details ------------------ Debugger could not find nt in module list module list might be corrupt error x EXCEPTION CODE NTSTATUS xc - The instruction at x lx referenced memory at x lx The memory could not be s FAULTING IP fffff f ce b mov rcx qword ptr rcx h CONTEXT fffff eb -- cxr xfffff eb Unable to read context Win error n CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR x B CURRENT IRQL LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff c aa a to fffff c a c STACK TEXT fffff b cc fffff c aa a cd a fffffa c fffff e c xfffff c a c fffff b cc cd a fffffa c fffff e c fffff df e xfffff c aa a fffff b cc fffffa c fffff e c fffff df e fffff c x cd a fffff b cc fffff e c fffff df e fffff c fa xfffffa c fffff b cc fffff df e fffff c fa d xfffff e c fffff b cc fffff df e fffff c fa d fa x fffff b cc fffff c fa d fa xfffff df e fffff b cc fa d fa fffffa c xfffff c fffff b cc d fa fffffa c c c x fa fffff b cca fa fffffa c c c fffff c x d fffff b cca fffffa c c c fffff c ea db b x fa fffff b ccb fffffa c c c fffff c ea db b fffff b x fffff b ccb c c fffff c ea db b fffff b fffffa c xfffffa c fffff b ccc fffff c ea db b fffff b fffffa c x c c fffff b ccc ea db b fffff b fffffa c d c b xfffff c fffff b ccd fffff b fffffa c d c b d c ed xea db b fffff b ccd fffffa c d c b d c ed fffff c a xfffff b fffff b cce d c b d c ed fffff c a fffff b xfffffa c STACK COMMAND kb SYMBOL NAME ANALYSIS INCONCLUSIVE FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME Unknown Module IMAGE NAME Unknown Image DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP BUCKET ID CORRUPT MODULELIST Followup MachineOwner Code DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL d An attempt was made to access a pageable or completely invalid address at an interrupt request level IRQL that is too high This is usually caused by drivers using improper addresses If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace Arguments Arg fffff cd c memory referenced Arg IRQL Arg value read operation write operation Arg fffff c address which referenced memory Debugging Details ------------------ Debugger could not find nt in module list module list might be corrupt error x WRITE ADDRESS unable to get nt MmSpecialPoolStart unable to get nt MmSpecialPoolEnd unable to get nt MmPoolCodeStart unable to get nt MmPoolCodeEnd fffff cd c CURRENT IRQL FAULTING IP fffff c CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR xD LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff c c to fffff c cf STACK TEXT fffff b c b fffff c c a fffff cd c xfffff c cf fffff b c c a fffff cd c fffff c xfffff c c fffff b c c fffff cd c fffff c xa fffff b c d fffff c xfffff cd c fffff b c d fffff c x fffff b c e fffff c x fffff b c e xfffff c STACK COMMAND kb SYMBOL NAME ANALYSIS INCONCLUSIVE FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME Unknown Module IMAGE NAME Unknown Image DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP BUCKET ID CORRUPT MODULELIST Followup MachineOwner Code IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL a An attempt was made to access a pageable or completely invalid address at an interrupt request level IRQL that is too high This is usually caused by drivers using improper addresses If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace Arguments Arg fffffa aedf memory referenced Arg IRQL ... Read more

A:BSOD due to Vista driver fault in Windows 7?

The logs show that kernel corruption has occurred.

Follow these instructions --> http://www.techsupportforum.com/1871981-post2.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-due-to-vista-driver-fault-in-windows-7-a-434480.html
Relevancy 54.18%

x86: She's a 64-bit
Original OS and OEM: 8.1 was the original OS, and it came pre-installed on the system
Age of System: I am not sure of the exact age of the system, but I bought the laptop new August 2015 if that helps
Re-installed OS: I don't think I re-installed the operating system, but I did use system restore once. 

CPU: Intel® Celeron® CPU N2840 @2.16 GHz
Video Card: Intel® HD Graphics (Internal) Motherboard and power supply: NA - it's a laptopSystem Manufacturer: ToshibaExact model number: Satellite L15-B1330Laptop or Desktop: Laptop

Thank you again!!!!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607465/dump-for-bsod-paged-fault-windows-81-help/
Relevancy 53.75%

I'm a newbie & I don't know which forum to go to, sorry if I'm in the wrong one. I've loaded winxp on my system & before I could finish protecting it, norton's & spyware programs, a virus or something got on my drives (got 2) and now every time I bootup I get "found new hardware" & it finds both my disk drives & my cd drives as well as some that have symbols & numbers in them. I've seen this before on my neighbors pc & they had to format & start over, that fixed theirs. I don't want to format my d drive because of all the data on it. I have a backup, but not a current one. besides its a lot of work to restore it. has anyone seen this problem & how do I fix it!!!!!

Puterdude

A:on every bootup I get found new hardware

use your existing protection to attemp to rid your computer of the malicious code. you may have to download one or more removal tools (security.symantec.com). which particular protective softwares do you have already? make sure they are both upo-to date before going after the viruses.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/on-every-bootup-i-get-found-new-hardware.30290/
Relevancy 53.75%

i think this is the right forums, anyway here i go:

i get the following problems when booting up the computer and doesnt allow me to complete the booting up process i.e freezes when booting up

here are the following messages:

Keyboard error or no keyboard present
Suggested SDram CAS Latency time is "2"
Conflict I/O ports:378
Floppy disk(s) fail (IO)

these messages are random and different every time i start up

the mouse doesnt work either in safe mode and all the connections are secure to the computer, at times the keyboard works. The only reason i can think of these errors is that after using an application that froze the computer i got this.

any help would be great
thank you

A:Bootup issues with hardware

sorry for double post:

i have a:

P2 333mhz
64mb ram
4.3gb hdd
windows 98

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bootup-issues-with-hardware.169632/
Relevancy 53.75%

i was cruising on firefox checking my mail and downloading a audio book, when the book finished downloading 2 things happened 1 was a old enemy(a fakespyware/virus called xp guardian) and the 2nd was my avg going nuts, detecting multiple threats, i clicked to remove the infections and was about to google instructions out how to remove xp guardian when my computer froze, i reboted and now i get bsod on the windows load screen, and it instantly restarts,bsod is visible for less than a second before rebooting, same issue with safe mode, and i cant do a xp repair becuase ive lost my admin password(even though i dont recall making one) so i ask is there anyway to fix this without having to blank my drive with a fresh install of xp? any help is appreciated and il give any additional info if requested, ty for your time

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-fubar-bsod-on-bootup-476946.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi

Was getting the following error: "Hardware ID Missing, Windows cannot identify the device plugged into the ATA Controller 0"

To date I have carried out the following actions with no success:

1. Removed DVD and re-connected
2. Deleted ATA Controller 0 in Manage Device Manager and rebooted
3. Installed the latest driver and rebooted
4. Removed all motherboard connections and re-connected
5. Purchased replacement DVD drive and replaced

The DVD opens/closes correctly. When I boot into BIOS the DVD is present but listed as this in the Boot Menu:

CD/DVD \S[TKozp)CLD^D_ \S-L>3:H(-(PM)

God only knows what that means, but could be a good clue!!!

If anyone could please help it would be appreciated, many thanks in advance..

Rik

System:

Toshiba Satellite P200D-128
Vista 32 Bit
2GB RAM
Processor AMD Turion 64x2

A:Hardware ID Missing fault with DVD drive, even when replaced DVD.

Try the following two Fix It tools.

Your CD or DVD drive can't read or write media
Hardware devices are not working or are not detected in Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/212297-hardware-id-missing-fault-dvd-drive-even-when-replaced-dvd.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi folks My brother s computer recently bit the dust while he was at work much to my chagrin he leaves it hardware fault of BSODs assumed...? Variety - running almost continuously for no particularly reason Variety of BSODs - hardware fault assumed...? and in trying to fix it I ve uncovered various BSODs which come and go but invariably full XP refuses to load It dies either whilst loading or when you attempt to log in Safe mode boots but only after I already tinkered with a few things The spec is as follows Athlon FX GB RAM Leadtek GT GB Maxtor Asus A V Initially the computer wouldn t boot to XP at all but having disabled all but two of the USB ports underclocked the CPU multiplier to x and unplugged the DVD drive a CD writer remains safe mode now seems largely stable I was able to run a disk defrag but when networking is enabled it BSODs I ve run memtest and it comes up negative for errors I it continuously overnight and apparently no problems Some of the BSODs are NDIS sys nv mini sys USBPORT sys Haven t seen USBPORT sys since disabling most of the usbs and NDIS seems to be the most common cause combined with the added instability of network safe mode could the onboard LAN be at fault Otherwise I m suspicious it might be a PSU problem as this would explain the variety of errors and apparently unfaulty RAM Looking in the BIOS setup the VCORE seems to be fluctuating a little but having never checked before I don t know if this is normal The readings are as follows VCORE V -- gt V V -- gt V V -- gt Any suggestions as to how I might further test anything would be much appreciated Many thanks nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi I just uploaded Windows professional yesterday clean install using windows xp previously Everything went smoothly as far as I could tell and Windows is now running on my laptop However every minutes or so the screen freezes goes black for a second and than returns to normal 7 fault BSOD install, driver after Windows plus display and a message appears in the bottom right hand corner of the screen saying 'Display driver Intel graphics accelerator for windows vista R has stopped responding and successfully recovered' One time after this happened I got the a blue screen with a warning message it was too fast to copy anything down and than my laptop restarted itself I have added a zip file to this message taken from windows minidump as I saw someone suggested to do this BSOD after Windows 7 install, plus display driver fault on another thread I hope it helps with the diagnosis I'm not sure if the BSOD came as a result of the display driver fault as mentioned above I'm not very savvy when it comes to computers One more piece of info - after installing windows I installed all the recommended and critical updates for windows but none of the optional ones I can provide a screen dump of these if needed Hope I've given enough information and would really appreciate any help Thanks

A:BSOD after Windows 7 install, plus display driver fault

Hi,

Your logs show Intel Graphics Driver as faulting:

Code:

* Bugcheck Analysis *
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.
BugCheck 116, {85d6e288, 906419b0, 0, c}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for igdkmd32.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd32.sys
Probably caused by : igdkmd32.sys ( igdkmd32+119b0 )

Quote:
Display driver Intel graphics accelerator for windows vista(R) has stopped
responding and successfully recovered

You need to update your Intel Driver:

Code:
Driver: igdkmd32.sys
Refers to: Intel Graphics driver
Dated: Wed May 06 19:13:40 2009
Use the Intel? Driver Update Utility and check for a Win 7 32-bit version:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx

Aim to update your drivers as many are dated 2009.

Once updated reboot the system and see if your issue remains?

Cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/303740-bsod-after-windows-7-install-plus-display-driver-fault.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Please help. My laptop is crashing on a frequent basis, with the appearance of the BSOD and the error message PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA. I've spent a lot of time googling ways to solve this issue, but nothing has worked. Also, there doesn't seem to be any pattern to the crashes (e.g. the use of certain programs/software etc.) so I can't isolate it to one particular thing.

I have used Driver Booster to update all my drivers, so as far as I know everything is up to date.

Thanks in advance for your help.

A:BSOD - Windows 10 - PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA

Remove the bypasses/cracks on your system before proceeding

Forum rules

4) No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc).

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/37690-bsod-windows-10-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I happened Windows Fault Page in Area Nonpaged 7 - BSOD - to stumble upon this forum and few threads here on BSOD help after a brief Google search I believe some of you may be able to help BSOD - Windows 7 - Page Fault in Nonpaged Area me out The BSOD reads 'Page Fault in Nonpaged Area' The PC configuration is as follows CPU - Intel i k Motherboard - Asus P P Pro RAM - G Skill x GB DDR BSOD - Windows 7 - Page Fault in Nonpaged Area MHz GPU - AMD Radeon HD GB with official Catalyst drivers Primary storage device - mushkin Callisto GB SSD Secondary storage device - Few TB hard drives Power supply - Seasonic M D W power supply OS - Windows Ultimate bit Ever since I moved to the new AMD Catalyst drivers since a couple of days the system started throwing BSODs very frequently No new hardware was added recently and the CPU GPU both have been overclocked for over an year now and I never ran into an instance of BSOD On almost all occasions the BSOD would come the moment system boots into the desktop sparing me almost no time to do anything I logged in via the safe prompt and extracted the most recent dmp file I could do barely anything with my PC and thus was forced to install the Windows consumer preview version Could someone look into the dmp file and tell me what might have caused the BSOD Many thanks in advance

A:BSOD - Windows 7 - Page Fault in Nonpaged Area

I am unable to edit the previous post.

I also tried running MemTest86 while one memory stick was inserted on a slot and there were no errors reported for the first 15 minutes or so. I recall, once I had a defective module on an older system and MemTest threw the errors pretty quickly so I am assuming 15 minutes is safe for quickly diagnosing if the sticks are faulty? Someone correct me if I am wrong!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-windows-7-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area-650202.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Win 98 on a Pentium 133.
PC boots past the BIOS, it seems, and then hangs and freezes when the screen says:
"Scanning DMI pool...."

This happens on boot to floppy or to hard drive.

What's that mean?

Relevancy 53.32%

I got a virus that shut my computer down in a few seconds after a dozen virus warnings At that point I could not boot up my computer because halfway windows through bootup? BSOD halfway Recurring through the boot Recurring BSOD halfway through windows bootup? process there was a BSOD and it restarted This happens in normal mode and all of the safe modes An interesting thing to note is that at one point safe mode actually worked at which point i was able to remove the virus and boot back into normal mode Everything was fine All my programs worked all my files were still there nothing was damaged or missing In the past I ve had viruses wipe all my drives completely but this time everything was intact once I got into Windows that one time All was fine for a day but then I shut down my computer thinking that everything was taken care of and now I can t reboot it again -- the same bsod issue I m not sure why or how I managed to boot it up that one time -- I didn t do anything special I m hesitant to reformat since I know that my windows and my files are all okay it s just the bootup that s boned and apparently I got past it once so I d like to know if I could do it again Does anyone know what might be happening I used the windows installation CD to do a chkdsk but that didn t solve the problem There was also an option to repair the boot record or something like that but I did not use it since I didn t know enough about what it does I am using Windows XP bit with G ram radeon hd Any help at all woudl be appreciated -- I really don t want to reformat what a pain in the Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Recurring BSOD halfway through windows bootup?

Can you boot into safemode this time?

If not you can do a repair install from the cd and your data will remain intact but you'll have to redo all updates. Here's the way to do it http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

If you keep on getting viruses I'd suggest upping your security. My xp machine has a hardware firewall on the router, a software firewall, Zonealarm, SpywareBlaster, Avast av free, Superantispyware, MalwareBytes and Advanced SystemCare. I rarely have any probs and never pick a up virus.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recurring-bsod-halfway-through-windows-bootup.992781/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi There,

Please refer to my attached file.

Several tests have shown that I only get this BSOD 99% of the time either shutting down or restarting the PC from the Windows 7 Ultimate environment.

During installation of new nVidia drivers, I had to use safe mode at different points and at no stage during restarting from safe mode did I experience the BSOD.

There are 2 dump files in the attached .rar

I believe there may be either a driver or software fault causing this BSOD issue but I do not fully understand how to read the files to find the cause of the problem.

Your timely help on this matter would be much appreciated.
Thankyou.

A:BSOD at bootup and shutdown, Windows 7 Ultimate.

Hi There,

Has anyone had a chance to have a look at this please?

Would be very much appreciated.
Thankyou

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/319361-bsod-bootup-shutdown-windows-7-ultimate.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have been having some issues the last few Safemode! BSOD 7 including Bootup, Windows on days and am at the end of my abilities to troubleshoot and diagnose below is a log of everything I know have observed and tried Desktop Alienware Aurora don't know revision number bought in there about Operating System Windows Ultimate Issue Desktop Blue Windows 7 BSOD on Bootup, including Safemode! Screening on Windows start up Right before this issue we removed motherboard from tower to attempt to add a new motherboard and processor However we realized we got the wrong motherboard and didn't put it in I put the old hardware back in Windows 7 BSOD on Bootup, including Safemode! and hooked it all back up Upon turning it on we discovered the computer blue screens with error Also things to note when powering down desktop on Oct th before opening up the tower to replace motherboards Windows was installing automatic updates and took an abnormal amount of time to install the updates there were about of them and the first took about a half hour to install I never powered back up after the machine shut down to check I didn't think anything bad might've happened due to it STOP x B xFFFFF A xFFFFFFFFC x x Repair Attempts Tried system restores and each failed with the following error An unspecified error occurred during System Restore x ffff Safe Mode gives same blue screen error Start Up Repair also gave an error Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically Problem signature Problem Event Name StartupRepairOffline Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature unknown Problem Signature Problem Signature AutoFailover Problem Signature Problem Signature BadPatch OS Version Locale ID Tried bootrec exe fixMBR and bootrec exe FixBoot to no avail Tried Startup Repair again and upon failing to repair the issue the desktop powers down completely Repeated above fixes with the alienware windows ultimate disc's Repair Environment tools with same results Tried to perform a Repair Installation but couldn't find the option on the alienware windows ultimate disc I know this is a huge long shot but I am interested in still fixing whatever problem is occurring However I also understand reformatting the harddisk is probably the only way to salvage the harddrive So I am looking for possible solutions I could try Thanks for your time

A:Windows 7 BSOD on Bootup, including Safemode!

Hi and welcome to TSF the info here might be help How to use the Windows 7 System Recovery Environment Command Prompt
The hard drive could also have issues IE bad sectors or failing.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-7-bsod-on-bootup-including-safemode-908114.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I have recently built my own PC but when im using it It constantly freezes for about - seconds then it works again but it Fault) for (Hardware short Computer time a Freezing keeps doing it and the Hard Drive light stays on during the Computer Freezing for a short time (Hardware Fault) freeze and when it starts flashing the computer starts Computer Freezing for a short time (Hardware Fault) working again Some people say I go too fast but I only run one program at a time Also it is a gaming computer so it should be able to cope can anyone tell me what is causing this to freeze Also It takes ages for something to install on the computer My system specs are P K Premium Motherbaord BFG GTX Graphics Card GB Reaper GB DDR RAM TB Spinpoint F Hard Drive W Coolermaster Power Supply Pioneer Blu-Ray Reader Drive Q GHz Porcessor Vista Ultimate -bit One of these is slowing my computer down badly but I dont know which one I have a feeling it could be the Hard Drive because of the Slow Installations and freezes and also the light being on when it does but im not sure nbsp

A:Computer Freezing for a short time (Hardware Fault)

Identical problem here.. hard drive light goes solid and pc just stops for 1 min, still able to move the mouse cursor but cannot slect anything or alt-tab etc. Any alt tab or double clicking is cached up and then all fired off at once when the minute freeze is up.

I'm pretty certain now it's down to my Asus P5K-E motherboard (which is what I assume the original poster has)

I'm looking towards M/Board now as I have swapped drives and changed CPU from Q6600 to Q8200 also switched from Vista 32bit to Win7 64bit and still get the issue.

I alleviated it for a while by switching my SATA 300 drive down to 150 mode by setting the jumpers.

Have flashed the P5K to the latest bios with no joy.

Full specs are..
Q8200 Quad
Asus P5K-E Wifi Premium
500GB Samsung SATA300
4GB Ram
lightscribe 20x DVDRW
Sony Bluray Drive (installed after problem had already appeared)
2 x ATI HD3870's in crossfire config.
Windows 7 64bit / WinXP dual boot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezing-for-a-short-time-hardware-fault.127246/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi there I've installed Windows Ultimate bit on a HP Pavilion Laptop model dv eu by backing up my work and formatting the HDD The issue I am having is that I cannot seem to get the Nvidia Graphics driver to work I downloaded the most recent driver for the Nvidia Geforce Go from Nvidia site and I get the blue screen so I have now uninstalled the driver and gone back to standard VGA I have also searched this forum and I came across the following thread which assisted Geforce fault? Hardware 7600 re Software Go or Nvidia me in the past with a Sony Vaio laptop NVIDIA Driver - Convert from Desktop to Mobile Laptop I followed the instructions outlined but I still get a blue screen on this HP laptop I also get red green vertical lines on the boot Hardware or Software fault? re Nvidia Geforce Go 7600 screen but it goes away when the quot Starting quot graphic appears with the windows logo I can still log into windows using the Standard VGA driver which windows installs but I would like to get the Nvidia driver to work I think there is a physical problem with the Graphics card but then why am I able to login to Windows Can anyone advise please Thanks in advance

A:Hardware or Software fault? re Nvidia Geforce Go 7600

I have a dv9720us and it has the Geforce 7150M/nforce 630M graphics using version 179.67 for windows Vista 64 bit drivers, because the Windows 7 64 bit are beta.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/151735-hardware-software-fault-re-nvidia-geforce-go-7600-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

i'm having trouble with a Dell Inspiron 600m laptop. when i try to start it, i get a blue screen with the error "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA", etc.

i can't get it to boot fully to a desktop screen in normal mode or in safe mode. so i dont have a HJT log or any other log. is it possible this is a malware/trojan issue or is it a RAM problem?

i am able to get to the windows log-in box but then it briefly (1 or 2 seconds) shows the desktop and i get the error message above.

thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/malware-or-hardware-problem-page-fault-nonpaged.790558/
Relevancy 53.32%

I ve been really suffering and cursing my laptop When I attach an external monitor under + fault this atikmdag I covered - am software or is hardware? warranty? it will work fine - for a while And then it will just crash If I don t yank out the external monitor cable in time - I see the dreaded bluescreen of atikmdag fault - is this software or hardware? + am I covered under warranty? death Today the same thing happened - but I noticed in the bubble from system tray mention atikmdag I googled and it atikmdag fault - is this software or hardware? + am I covered under warranty? seems I am not alone - atikmdag fault - is this software or hardware? + am I covered under warranty? there are millions and billions of people suffering from the same problem The thing is tooo much information I couldn t figure out head or tail of what exactly the cause and solution was Many links say that it could be based on a zillion different thing and to each of these there are different solutions Firstly is it hardware or software Secondly can I make a claim against my warranty I have a Dell laptop and am years into a year warranty - so I m still covered I would add I have updated the latest graphics driver from Dell - doesn t solve problem And also I thought I d mention I rebuild my laptop every days and make sure all Windows and Virus updates are in place - so it ALWAYS is a fresh new laptop - just mentioning this to dismiss the fact that it could be a Windows problem Any replies would be great Thanks OM nbsp

A:atikmdag fault - is this software or hardware? + am I covered under warranty?

The ATI driver that is being blamed in the error pop up is for your graphics card but it could mean that your card is failing.

When you say "I rebuild my laptop every 30 days" what exactly do you do and what software are you using.

Windows and all Anti Virus software can be set to automatically update so you should not need to check either of them.

Follow this to post a few of the latest minidumps from the BSOD's so they can be analysed.

First locate your minidump files, they are usually found by clicking on your C: drive, in windows explorer, then click on Windows to view the contents. If your operating system is installed under a different drive letter then look there. They should be stored under a file called minidump.The files will have a .dmp extension.
Zip up at least 6 of the most recent files into one zip folder and save on your desktop (if there are less then just zip up what you have).
Below the reply box click on Go Advanced. Then scroll down until you see a button, Manage Attachments. Click on that and a popup-window opens.
Click on the Browse button, find the zip folder you made earlier and doubleclick on it.
Now click on the Upload button in the popup. When done, click on the Close this window button.
Enter your message-text, then click on Submit Message.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/atikmdag-fault-is-this-software-or-hardware-am-i-covered-under-warranty.1007508/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi, and thank you for taking your time to help me

So each night I take my computer along with monitors etc. out of the power plug in the wall.
When I but the power plug back in to start the computer up, my keyboard instantly powers on, the same goes with my two monitors.
When I then turn on the computer nothing really happens. All of the fans and lights turn on (The MoBo fan spins insanely), but nothing comes on the monitor screen. The monitors keeps searching for a unit but won't find the computer.

Sometimes after waiting a few minutes the screen suddenly shows the startup of windows and I can use it normally.

I think it's an hardware related problem but I'm not entirely sure.
I use windows 10.

Hope you can help me
Johan, Denmark

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-boot-problems-suspect-hardware-fault.1169961/
Relevancy 53.32%

This crash started out of the blue for no apparent reason I generally find that leaving one side of my case open helps to keep my PC freezes/crashes) WHEA-Logger Hardware fault (W7 cooler than when the case is WHEA-Logger (W7 freezes/crashes) Hardware fault closed and sealed I have the case closed atm I did have a noisy PSU which was slightly respositioned but other than this I am sure nothing else could be the cause The only thing I did with the PSU was to adjust the casing screws so it no longer vibrated And I do have my doubts about the PSU being at fault here This error crash has only showed up months later after adjusting the PSU If the problem consists and no one here is able to help resolve this then I will go back to Vista Ultimate and see if the problems showup there Also FYI this PC has never had nor ever will be overclocked Copied from Event Viewer Script -- php buffer start -- code span style color span style color BB Log nbsp Name span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB System br Source span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB Microsoft span span style color - span span style color BB Windows span span style color - span span style color BB WHEA span span style color - span span style color BB Logger br Date span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB span span style color span span style color BB span span style color span span style color BB nbsp span span style color span span style color BB span span style color span span style color BB br Event nbsp ID span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB br Task nbsp Category span span style color nbsp span span style color BB None br Level span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB Error br Keywords span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp br span span style color BB User span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB LOCAL nbsp SERVICE br Computer span span style color nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp - span span style color BB office span span style color - span span style color BB PC br Description span span style color br span span style color BB A nbsp fatal nbsp hardware nbsp error nbsp has nbsp occurred span span style color br span span style color BB Reported nbsp by nbsp component span span style color nbsp span span style color BB Processor nbsp Core br Error nbsp Source span span style color nbsp span span style color BB Machine nbsp Check nbsp Exception br Error nbsp Type span span style color nbsp span span style color BB Internal nbsp Timer nbsp Error br Processor nbsp ID span span style color nbsp span span style color BB br The nbsp details nbsp view nbsp of nbsp this nbsp entry nbsp contains nbsp further nbsp information span span style color br span span style color BB Event nbsp Xml span span style color br lt span span style color BB Event nbsp xmlns span span style color span span style color DD http schemas microsoft com win events event span span style color gt br nbsp nbsp lt span span style color BB System span span style color gt br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp lt span span style color BB Provider nbsp Name span span style color span span style color DD Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger nbsp span span style color BB Guid span span style color span span style color DD C C F C- F - E - F A- CFED nbsp span span style color gt br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp lt span span style color BB EventID span span style color gt span span style color BB span span style color lt span span style color BB EventID span span style color gt br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp lt span span style color BB Version span span style color gt span span style color BB span span style color lt span span style color BB Version span span style color gt br nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp lt span span style color BB Level span span style color gt sp... Read more

A:WHEA-Logger (W7 freezes/crashes) Hardware fault

Please read this article: http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...-what-try.html

In particular, test your RAM, Video card, and make sure your temps are okay using Speedfan.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/85976-whea-logger-w7-freezes-crashes-hardware-fault.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello,

I have a serveral weeks sometimes this bsod with as message page fault in nonpaged area.
It only leads to win32k.sys and i am not sure what the problem is.
I have tried serveral things:
Updating all drivers with: DriverEasy and SlimDriversInstalled all windows updates.removed pagefile, rebooted en set pagefile again to system managed.

Can someone help me with this?
If you need more info i will try to upload it as soon as possible.

Laptop: Asus K55A
HARM-PC-28_01_2015_143052_85.zip

29-01-2015:
Again a bsod. This time it was a system service exception.
HARM-PC-29_01_2015_150105_40.zip

30-01-2015:
HARM-PC-30_01_2015_173417_20.zip

05-02-2015:
HARM-PC-05_02_2015_124837_93.zip

09-02-2015:
HARM-PC-09_02_2015_114021_94.zip

Greetings,

Harm

A:Random BSOD windows 8.1 page fault in nonpaged area

I had another bsod. I added the package with information to the starting post.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/60762-random-bsod-windows-8-1-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello - I been having BSODs quite a few times in the last few days. It all started after I installed Office 2013 32-bit (I also had office 2010 installed at the same time). I also had installed Norton 360 and updated audible manager. Since this happened, I removed all three programs but the BSODs continued.

I ran chkdsk, it said I had a few errors and I needed to restart to get these errors fixed. I ran it again and it said I had no errors but the BSODs continued.

I had windows 7 and updated to windows 8 when it came out.

I am attaching the .zip below.

Thank you in advance for helping me with this issue.

A:BSOD - page fault in nonpaged area windows 8 win32k.sys

For starters:

At work we start all repairs with a set of diagnostics. Often they find problems that weren't even expected. It's a waste of time to try to fix software on a system that has hardware problems.
Please try these free diagnostics for starters: Initial Hardware Diagnostics
Also, please ensure that you have ALL available Windows Updates (it may take several trips to get them all).

I'm particularly concerned with the hard drive, so do those tests first.

Your BIOS dates from 2009. Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any BIOS updates available for your system. Also check the readme file to see if they apply to the problems that you are having. Please be advised that flashing the BIOS is a very unforgiving process - and one mistake can physically damage your motherboard.

Please run Driver Verifier according to these instructions: Driver Verifier Settings

Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable! :

mdmxsdk.sys Mon Jun 19 17:27:26 2006 (449716BE)
Conexant Modem Diagnostic Interface x86 Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=mdmxsdk.sys

lmimirr.sys Tue Apr 10 18:32:45 2007 (461C108D)
RemotelyAnywhere Mirror Miniport Driver or LogMeIn Mirror Miniport Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=lmimirr.sys

LMIRfsDriver.sys Mon Jul 14 12:26:56 2008 (487B7E50)
RemotelyAnywhere Mirror Miniport Driver or LogMeIn Mirror Miniport Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=LMIRfsDriver.sys

CAX_CNXT.sys Fri Feb 13 16:19:32 2009 (4995E3E4)
Conexant Modem
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=CAX_CNXT.sys

CAXHWAZL.sys Fri Feb 13 16:20:54 2009 (4995E436)
Conexant Modem
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=CAXHWAZL.sys

CAX_DPV.sys Fri Feb 13 16:24:50 2009 (4995E522)
Conexant Modem
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=CAX_DPV.sys

NTIDrvr.sys Tue Mar 24 23:09:39 2009 (49C9A073)
NTI CD-ROM Filter Driver by NewTech Infosystems (likely a part of Acer Empowering Technology)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=NTIDrvr.sys

DKbFltr.sys Wed Mar 25 23:15:42 2009 (49CAF35E)
Dritek Keyboard Filter driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=DKbFltr.sys

UBHelper.sys Mon Apr 27 04:48:19 2009 (49F57153)
NTI CD &DVD-Maker or NTI Backup NOW! or NTI CD-Maker by NewTech Infosystems (usually in Acer Empowering Technology)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=UBHelper.sys

XAudio64.sys Wed Apr 29 14:21:07 2009 (49F89A93)
Conexant Modem Audio
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=XAudio64.sys

iaStor.sys Thu Jun 4 21:53:40 2009 (4A287AA4)
Intel Storage drivers
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iaStor.sys

HECIx64.sys Thu Sep 17 15:54:16 2009 (4AB293E8)
Intel Management Engine Interface
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=HECIx64.sys

SynTP.sys Thu Sep 17 22:30:41 2009 (4AB2F0D1)
Synaptic Touch Pad Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=SynTP.sys

Impcd.sys Mon Oct 26 16:39:41 2009 (4AE6090D)
Intel(R) Turbo Boost Technology Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Impcd.sys

IntcDAud.sys Fri Oct 30 10:56:33 2009 (4AEAFEA1)
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=IntcDAud.sys

TurboB.sys Mon Nov 2 15:47:34 2009 (4AEF4566)
Intel Turbo Boost driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=TurboB.sys

appliand.sys Fri May 20 06:20:42 2011 (4DD6407A)
Applian Network Service/Applian Technolo... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/24619-bsod-page-fault-nonpaged-area-windows-8-win32k-sys.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello all First of all I want to say that it is awesome this forum exists I have slowly been learning more about debugging but I'm still pretty new Hopefully someone can help me Home - 7 Raised Premium IRQL Fault (Windows BSOD 64-bit) out here I've been getting very seemingly random BSOD's and even lock ups that don't come with a blue screen It does this when I'm not using it as BSOD - Raised IRQL Fault (Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit) well as when I am but the computer is completely locked up I have my suspicions that it is a video card possibly a heating issue computer case isn't the best since I get fewer lock ups on a smaller lower resolution monitor Video drivers are up to date however and I don't want to assume anything so I'm here to explore all options Below is the requested information on the BSOD posting instructions Windows -x -Upgraded from Vista OEM to Windows Home Premium -I'm not sure the exact age of the system as I bought it used The video card and power supply were purchased as recently as months ago before I purchased it from the seller -The current OS is a fresh install by me after a wipe about weeks ago I hope this covers everything Thanks for any help you can give me

A:BSOD - Raised IRQL Fault (Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit)

Quote: Originally Posted by JHatchett83

Hello all,

First of all I want to say that it is awesome this forum exists! I have slowly been learning more about debugging, but I'm still pretty new. Hopefully someone can help me out here.

I've been getting very (seemingly) random BSOD's and even lock ups that don't come with a blue screen (It does this when I'm not using it as well as when I am), but the computer is completely locked up.

I have my suspicions that it is a video card, possibly a heating issue (computer case isn't the best), since I get fewer lock ups on a smaller (lower resolution) monitor. Video drivers are up to date, however, and I don't want to assume anything so I'm here to explore all options.

Below is the requested information on the BSOD posting instructions:

Windows 7
-x64
-Upgraded from Vista (OEM) to Windows 7 Home Premium

-I'm not sure the exact age of the system as I bought it used. The video card and power supply were purchased as recently as 8 months ago (before I purchased it from the seller).
-The current OS is a fresh install (by me) after a wipe about 3weeks ago.

I hope this covers everything. Thanks for any help you can give me

Caused by NETIO.SYS usually because of ZONE ALARM. I would remove AVG and zone alarm and replace with Microsoft security essentials

http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cpes_clean.exe

AVG - PC TuneUp 2011 | Registry Cleaner, File Recovery, Internet Accelerator
or
AVG Removal Tool
Virus, Spyware & Malware Protection | Microsoft Security Essentials

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/167438-bsod-raised-irql-fault-windows-7-home-premium-64-bit.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Really hoping someone might have an idea of what I can do I'm stumped I was getting a number of BSOD's on my build last week page faults wink sys etc that seemed 7 Page During in Area BSOD Fault Non-Paged install Windows to come up after new BSOD Page Fault in Non-Paged Area During Windows 7 install AMD catalyst drivers were installed old vid card was a Radeon HD and decided the best approach would be to replace a bunch of components wipe my SSD and go for a clean install of windows So I picked up a brand new motherboard and vid card and now I can't even complete an installation of Windows without getting a Page Fault in Non Paged Area BSOD This often happens when I am going through the installation process or if I manage to complete the install I get the black screen with a blinking cursor on boot and when I try to use the installation disc to repair I get hit with the same BSOD After researching online I noticed many people were able to correct the error with new RAM so after trying each of my old sticks independently without success I picked up brand new sticks from Micro-center and despite any configurations I try in the slots I still get the same error I also checked the timing settings in the BIOS and they are correct and correctly identified regardless of which RAM I try Literally the only components that aren't brand new are the CPU the PSU and the SSD which is only about months old and I picked it up after my old HDD started having some issues and yet I'm still having these BSOD's Any idea of what I can do Thanks

A:BSOD Page Fault in Non-Paged Area During Windows 7 install

Before posting a BSOD thread, please read the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

If you need to add new information like the dump files, please make a new post in your initial BSOD thread. Please do not make an extra new thread.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/338721-bsod-page-fault-non-paged-area-during-windows-7-install.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey all,

I've hit a wall with this one. A Dell Dimension 8300 running Windows XP Media Center Edition starts blue screening after some virus activity and gives this BSOD upon booting:

Page Fault In Non-Paged Area - 0x00000050 (0xC1C80000, 0x00000000, 0x804DADF8, 0x00000000)

Using a IDE/USB harness, I plud the hard drive from the dimension into my laptop through a USB port and receive the exact same BSOD.

I try using the reinstallation CD to run the recovery console. Just seconds into that operation, I receive the following BSOD:

Page Fault in Non-Paged Area - 0x00000050 (0xC1F00000, 0x00000000, 0x80807DE8, 0x00000000)

All I really want to do with this hard drive is pull the data off of it (it's a friends computer, he's got pictures of his kids on it, etc.). Any ideas on fixes?

-Dan

A:Page Fault BSOD Windows Boot and Recovery Console

can it boot into safe mode

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/page-fault-bsod-windows-boot-and-recovery-console.1022407/
Relevancy 52.89%

I've been noticing that I've been playing Overwatch recently and my game is crashing and I ClassPNP.SYS in Area, BSOD, Nonpaged Fault 10 Page Windows got this BSOD a couple of times I've recently Page Fault in Nonpaged Area, ClassPNP.SYS BSOD, Windows 10 installed some new memory and have noticed that anywhere from - GB of it is always in use by something at all times even when idle I'm not sure what's causing this OS - Windows or Vista Windows x -bit or x x What was the original installed OS on the system Windows Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer Full retail Approximate age of system hardware Frankenstein computer some parts years old some parts new Approximate age of OS installation if you know Brand new on SSD Have you re-installed the OS No Summary Operating System Windows Pro -bit CPU Intel Core Quad Q GHz C Yorkfield nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P KC LGA C Graphics LCD TV x Hz MB ATI AMD Radeon R Series Sapphire PCPartner C Storage GB Western Digital WDC WD FALS- Y A SATA C GB Samsung SSD EVO TB SSD C GB TOSHIBA TransMemory USB Device USB Optical Drives DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device PLEXTOR DVDR PX- A SCSI CdRom Device Audio Realtek High Definition Audio Operating System Windows Pro -bit Computer type Desktop Laptop or Desktop Desktop custom On Tue AM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module classpnp sys CLASSPNP ClassReadWrite x Bugcheck code x xFFFFD E x xFFFFF CD EE x Error PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA file path C Windows system drivers classpnp sys product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description SCSI Class System Dll Bug check description This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time

A:Page Fault in Nonpaged Area, ClassPNP.SYS BSOD, Windows 10

Hi. . .

Neither of the 2 dumps listed classpnp.sys (listed in your thread title) as the probable cause. Where exactly did you see it?

https://www.sysnative.com/drivers/dr...d=CLASSPNP.SYS

One dump named the Microsoft Partition Management driver partmgr.sys as the probable cause; the other named ntkrnlmp.exe, which is the Windows kernel and was named merely as a default and definitely is not the cause. Same with partmgr.sys - named as a default.

https://www.sysnative.com/drivers/dr...id=PartMgr.sys
https://www.sysnative.com/drivers/dr...d=ntkrnlmp.exe

One dump had a bugcheck = 0x50 - invalid memory referenced

For info, the 0x50 bugcheck = "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA", included in your thread title.

The other dump's bugcheck = 0xc000021 - system process terminated unexpectedly

I usually see 0xc000021 bugchecks when there is a hard drive issue.

Run HDD diagnostics - SeaTools for DOS, LONG test - https://www.sysnative.com/forums/har...agnostics.html

Be sure to run it on all drives -- internal drives (the system files you provided shows drives c:, d: and g: -- but may span only 2 physical drives) + the one external drive.

The reports also show a 15 GB TOSHIBA TransMemory USB Device connected at the time the Sysnative app was run.

Also, since both dumps gave us default drivers, see if Driver Verifier flags any 3rd party drivers - Driver Verifier - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista (BSOD-related)

Run Driver Verifier after all runs of SeaTools are completed.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

NOTE: I am recovering from major surgery (double hip replacement) and may not be able to promptly reply to your thread. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Code:

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\062016-18890-01.dmp]
Built by: 10586.420.amd64fre.th2_release_sec.160527-1834
Debug session time: Mon Jun 20 21:34:58.789 2016 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 1 days 6:43:22.503
Probably caused by : partmgr.sys ( partmgr!PartitionIo+1c6 )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: AV
PROCESS_NAME: Overwatch.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: AV_INVALID_partmgr!PartitionIo
Bugcheck code 00000050
Arguments ffffd002`5449e425 00000000`00000002 fffff801`1cd26ee4 00000000`00000002
BiosVersion = 1203
BiosReleaseDate = 06/25/2008
SystemManufacturer = System manufacturer
SystemProductName = P5KC
MaxSpeed: 3000
CurrentSpeed: 3000
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\061316-21562-01.dmp]
Built by: 10586.306.amd64fre.th2_release_sec.160422-1850
Debug session time: Mon Jun 13 17:01:12.110 2016 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:50.811
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::OKHAJAOM::`string'+74d )
PROCESS_NAME: smss.exe
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xc000021a_SmpDestroyControlBlock_smss.exe_Terminated_c0000428
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0xc000021a_SmpDestroyControlBlock_smss.exe_Terminated_c0000428_nt!_??_::OKHAJAOM::_string_
Bugcheck code C000021A
Arguments ffffc001`947b8260 ffffffff`c0000428 00000000`00000000 00000202`7d7f0000
BiosVersion = 1203
BiosReleaseDate = 06/25/2008
SystemManufacturer = System manufacturer
SystemProductName = P5KC
MaxSpeed: 3000
CurrentSpeed: 3000
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/page-fault-in-nonpaged-area-classpnp-sys-bsod-windows-10-a-1140730.html
Relevancy 52.89%

How do I randomize all hardware serial numbers each bootup to avoid hardware detection?

I want to change all serial numbers and MAC addresses to random ones.

This is for Windows Vista.

A:How do I randomize all hardware serial numbers each bootup?

Why?

What good will it do?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-randomize-all-hardware-serial-numbers-each-bootup.829226/
Relevancy 52.89%

How do I randomize all hardware serial numbers each bootup to avoid hardware detection?

I want to change all serial numbers and MAC addresses to random ones.

This is for Windows Vista.

A:How do I randomize all hardware serial numbers each bootup?

Not sure how about the serial numbers or why you're doing this, but there are command line programs to change MAC addresses, it should be easy enough to write a program to send random values to it on boot up.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-do-i-randomize-all-hardware-serial-numbers-each-bootup-378433.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I installed a Pioneer DVD R/RW into a Dell XP pro machine. Before connecting the cables I downloaded the drivers from the Pioneer website because there was no disc available. I shut down, connected cables, rebooted, went through the found new hardware prompts. The auto driver installer was unable to see the drivers I downloaded. There was an UPGDVD.exe file that accessed DOS and updated the drivers that way. The device works fine.

The problem is that I still get a "new hardware found" popup upon start up and following the instructions w/ automatically searching or looking in a specific place is unsuccessful. The device still works fine after canceling the pop up. It is just annoying and I would like to remedy it.

Device manager sees the DVD burner and says it is working properly.

Suggestions?? Thank you in advance.

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I have a strange issue with my PC I keep getting BSOD whenever I power my PC on It BSOD s a few minutes after booting Windows or sometimes half way through loading with different error messages and usually repeats the same process about times after that all is fine The PC will not crash at all and would be on for hours on end either idling playing media gaming browsing etc BSOD Error messages are often driver not equal or less etc USB Bug code non page area etc I have attached a few days worth of Minidumps that have been created most recent Please note iv e tested my memory which most always suggest and Memtest found no faults on a full test And I know for sure it cannot be that otherwise it would crash whilst doing something that requires much more memory use Iv e took every USB s out of the ports and the problem is windows is it BSODs fine. On BSOD starts, bootup after 3 after still there It must be a corrupt driver of some kind or a problem with bootup system files If you need any more info let me know Thankyou Specs Processor Intel Core Quad Q GHz Memory x GB DDR Samsung Mhz Dual Channel Ram Hard Drive GB GB GB Sata II amp GB IDE Video Card XFX ATI Radeon HD GB GDDR DX Single Slot Monitor BenQ G HDA p x Sound Card TerraTec Aureon Fun Card PC Optical out Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build SP Motherboard Acer MCP PV MicroATX Motherboard PSU OCZ W MODXSTREAM PRO PSUClick to expand nbsp

A:BSOD On bootup after windows starts, after 3 BSODs it is fine.

Quite often this sort of scenario involves Graphics card/driver issues. Have you checked for updated graphics drivers?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-on-bootup-after-windows-starts-after-3-bsods-it-is-fine.1067430/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I have a strange issue with my PC I keep getting is BSODs bootup after BSOD 3 fine. after windows On starts, it BSOD whenever I power my PC on It BSOD's a few minutes after booting Windows or sometimes half BSOD On bootup after windows starts, after 3 BSODs it is fine. way through loading with different error messages and usually repeats the same process about times after that all is fine The PC will not crash at BSOD On bootup after windows starts, after 3 BSODs it is fine. all and would be on for hours on end either idling playing media gaming browsing etc BSOD Error messages are often driver not equal or less etc BSOD On bootup after windows starts, after 3 BSODs it is fine. USB Bug code non page area etc I have attached a few days worth of Minidumps that have been created most recent Please note iv'e tested my memory which most always suggest and Memtest found no faults on a full test And I know for sure it cannot be that otherwise it would crash whilst doing something that requires much more memory use Iv'e took every USB's out of the ports and the problem is still there It must be a corrupt driver of some kind or a problem with bootup system files If you need any more info let me know Thankyou Specs Quote Processor Intel Core Quad Q GHz Memory x GB DDR Samsung Mhz Dual Channel Ram Hard Drive GB GB GB Sata II amp GB IDE Video Card XFX ATI Radeon HD GB GDDR DX Single Slot Monitor BenQ G HDA p x Sound Card TerraTec Aureon Fun Card PC Optical out Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build SP Motherboard Acer MCP PV MicroATX Motherboard PSU OCZ W MODXSTREAM PRO PSU

Utorrent is named is several of the ones I ran, uninstall Utorrent and see if the issue stops.

Code:
WRITE_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800030b6100

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

FAULTING_IP:
ndis!NdisMAllocateNetBufferSGList+9e
fffff880`016c76de ff4514 inc dword ptr [rbp+14h]

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD1

PROCESS_NAME: uTorrent.exe

TRAP_FRAME: fffff8800813dff0 -- (.trap 0xfffff8800813dff0)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=00000000000005bf rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0000000000000026
rdx=0000000000000000 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff880016c76de rsp=fffff8800813e180 rbp=0000000000000000
r8=fffffa80066166a0 r9=0000000000000001 r10=fffffa8005251000
r11=0000000000000955 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl zr na po nc
ndis!NdisMAllocateNetBufferSGList+0x9e:
fffff880`016c76de ff4514 inc dword ptr [rbp+14h] ss:0018:00000000`00000014=????????
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002e86769 to fffff80002e871c0
If it continues D/L Memtest+ burn it to a CD using a free program like Imgburn if you need one then boot from the CD to test the ram, let it run for at least 6 passes or until you see an error.

If the ram passes we'll have to try running driver verifier, if it comes to that make sure to post back first to get the complete instructions.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-on-bootup-after-windows-starts-after-3-bsods-it-is-fine-663810.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I have a strange issue with my PC I keep getting BSOD whenever I power my PC on It BSOD's a few minutes after booting Windows or sometimes half way through loading with different error messages and usually repeats the same process about times after that all is fine The PC will not crash at all and would be on for hours on end either idling windows fine. starts, is bootup BSOD it On after BSODs 3 after playing media gaming browsing etc BSOD Error messages are often driver not equal or less etc USB Bug code non BSOD On bootup after windows starts, after 3 BSODs it is fine. page area etc I have attached a few days worth of Minidumps that have been created most recent BSOD On bootup after windows starts, after 3 BSODs it is fine. Please note iv'e tested my memory which most always BSOD On bootup after windows starts, after 3 BSODs it is fine. suggest and Memtest found no faults on a full test And I know for sure it cannot be that otherwise it would crash whilst doing something that requires much more memory use Iv'e took every USB's out of the ports and the problem is still there It must be a corrupt driver of some kind or a problem with bootup system files If you need any more info let me know Thankyou Specs Quote Processor Intel Core Quad Q GHz Memory x GB DDR Samsung Mhz Dual Channel Ram Hard Drive GB GB GB Sata II amp GB IDE Video Card XFX ATI Radeon HD GB GDDR DX Single Slot Monitor BenQ G HDA p x Sound Card TerraTec Aureon Fun Card PC Optical out Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build SP Motherboard Acer MCP PV MicroATX Motherboard PSU OCZ W MODXSTREAM PRO PSU

Fri Mar 05 01:04:39 2010 nvmf6264.sys

nVidia nForce network driver Update your driver from here: Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/250482-bsod-bootup-after-windows-starts-after-3-bsods-fine.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey everyone I installed the ATI Radeon LE yesterday replacing a Geforce MX I ve installed this card before in the past but I keep forgetting what the problem was and attempted to install it a few times This time was no different now that I see what happens it was the same problem as before And so now I ve decided to ask for help online so that hopefully I will be able to have this card in my system permanently These are the details - I ve uninstalled previous nVidia drivers and installed the ATI driver Catalyst and also Omega Driver since later versions don t support le - I did all the hardware things removing old card and inserting new one - It boots up to Windows fine there s no problems during boot-up In fact during the first few moments everything seems to run fine and look okay After some time though after about minutes or so - but really I think it s 8500LE BSOD Help, bootup) (while using installing during not ATI after Radeon Windows something I do that triggers it - suddenly Help, BSOD after installing ATI Radeon 8500LE (while using Windows not during bootup) all the applications would freeze up I can move the mouse but I can t click anything everything s Help, BSOD after installing ATI Radeon 8500LE (while using Windows not during bootup) frozen the resize cursor does appear when you re by the edge of a window but if I try to click it then that resize cursor will be permanent but I can still move the cursor around like always About seconds after this happens the screen goes blank for about seconds then after that it comes back to everything with everything unfrozen I ve started to notice a pattern after seeing this happen a few times It seems that this happens when I m scrolling through webpages with a lot of text or something of that nature where there s a body of text moving very fast You know how sometimes when you re scrolling up or down a webpage there s that slight lag especially with older computers I think when that happens that s what triggers it Like just now while I m typing I jumped back to the beginning of this paragraph to add something but because I m adding new words the rest of the paragraph shifts down and when that block of text shifts down to the next line same thing happens This doesn t happen all the time though when I m scrolling down a webpage or something similar but most of the time that s when this problem occurs I guess because it depends on how much text there is However in addition to the sequence of freezing-going blank-being restored another thing that happens is all the text gets scrambled and sometimes some pictures HERE IS A PIC If the window is not selected sometimes the text in that window will be restored but once I select it it gets scrambled again I don t have any kind of virus on my system it only happens when this card is installed Then that same pattern of freezing-blank-restore will happen again but now when it gets restored everything is really sluggish when I m scrolling a page similar to a really old system And then finally if it goes through that same pattern again this time after the screen goes blank a BSOD appears instead It says KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR somewhere at the top and something like quot memory being dumped quot somewhere at the bottom of the screen Judging from the symptoms momentary freeze scrambled text BSOD etc does anyone know what the problem might be Is it the video card itself the drivers bios my memory Here s what I have done I have tried lowering the clock speed of the card - but that didn t work much In my past attempts I think I tried installing other drivers but it didn t work I ve have to try that again Uh it started happening again which means I ll submit this thread now and restart my comp since that resets everything If anyone can explain to me what the problem is I d greatly appreciate it Here s the first pic again Here s a pic of distorted graphics at the middle nbsp

A:Help, BSOD after installing ATI Radeon 8500LE (while using Windows not during bootup)

Sorry I wasn't able to post the pics because I need a min. of 3 posts. I'll post them in the next reply.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-bsod-after-installing-ati-radeon-8500le-while-using-windows-not-during-bootup.95635/
Relevancy 52.46%

ive been experiencing need identifying part fault; help the random hardware BSODs, suspected random BSODs since some - weeks first just a few came random BSODs, suspected hardware fault; need help identifying the part up then suddenly stopped for more than a random BSODs, suspected hardware fault; need help identifying the part week and then started again i have done lots of HDD RAM amp video memory checks and neither indicated any damage to these parts but since the BSODs are all memory-related i random BSODs, suspected hardware fault; need help identifying the part suspect it to be the CPU memory controller or something between the CPU and the RAM or maybe the chipset or the connection between the RAM slots and the motherboard one symptom that is very special is that occasionally usually right after a crash one of my RAM modules doesnt get detected anymore of course i tried reseating them both using just one in each slot and using totally different RAM modules just to exclude the chance that the RAM modules or one of the two slots became defective regarding the BSODs the majority is error B with atikmdag sys however after having completely removed all AMD software and drivers and registry keys and installed a previous version of CCC and the GPU driver which used to work perfectly before having installed the most recent one beta and before the BSODs started to occur the BSODs reoccured so it definitely is not related to the GPU drivers but they just seem to be the first to suffer from the errors my suspicion regarding the CPU memory controller or something on the motherboard is strenghtened by the fact that this notebook has always had major heat issues due to its internal design just one fan and suboptimal placement of the hottest parts inside so i fear the heat might have caused damage mostly around - C sometimes when stressed very much like during gaming the CPU throttles when reaching C and the GPU when reaching C ive been cleaning the inside of the notebook regularily each - weeks since ive gotten it years ago and already repasted the CPU amp GPU times about months in between last time was end of may which may suggest that something went wrong last time i did the repasting job usually after repasting the temps went down noticeably and only after some - months i needed to blow the inside and maybe clean it a bit for the first time the specs are following windows ultimate bit sp custom freshly installed right after purchase so no OEM OS and no upgrade HP Envy D ea notebook i qm ATI mobility radeon gb kingston hyperx ram x gb seagate momentus xt gb HD i know there is almost certainly no hope for this notebook anymore but since there is no real alternative i would be willing to buy at the moment i would like to keep it alive for some additional months if anyhow possible then id go for a HP zbook mobile wirkstation so maybe if we can narrow the issue down to a single part i might be able to buy this exact part and replace it if eg a new CPU would do it just to prolong the notebook for these months this would be great btw the notebook is not completely dead now i am writing this thread from it and i can mostly avoid any BSODs by just not stressing it too much by browsing too many windows tabs etc surprisingly when gaming it only crashed once so i think the stress and heat that gaming produces is not the right one to produce the errors but having several browser windows open and eg a youtube video this almost certainly crashes after a while i am uploading the jcgriff folder perfmon report and additionally most of the minidumps ive saved from the last weeks so you can see that it is not restricted to a specific driver there you can also see the dates of the minidumps and how there was a gap with no errors for more than a week note i have no full memory dumps because of limited space on my primary partition why i neither have system managed page file on my c partition if really needed i can turn it on temporarily so a full memory... Read more

A:random BSODs, suspected hardware fault; need help identifying the part

although i am quite sure this is a hardware issue, not a software/driver one, ive been running the driver verifier for some time now, and got some BSODs, so i am uploading them here now as well.

though as already said, i doubt this will help further, since the BSODs i get do not always recognize a driver, sometimes its just memory fault with no service identified, or in rare cases the system just turns off without a blue screen.

note: ive had the driver verifier select all installed drivers automatically, and not just non-microsoft ones, since quite often system kernel files such as win2k.sys are the ones mentioned in the BSOD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-bsods-suspected-hardware-fault-need-help-identifying-the-part-859185.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have an ADSL modem router combo device ZyXel Prestige HW- Recently I found that the LAN ports are no longer functioning properly It took a long time to arrive at this diagnosis because my second rig -- an dead, fault ghosts? LAN Router Solved: ports or hardware ancient AMD K -III was is connecting just fine Later it turned Solved: Router LAN ports dead, hardware fault or ghosts? out it is in fact the only computer that CAN connect It is a hardware level problem I suspect because the port indicator leds will not light up when a cable is plugged in The client computer will behave as if the cable is unplugged First I thought one particular port was broken but I ve connected the AMD rig to all ports for testing and sure enough it works on all of them Any other rig that I connect will stay on a perpetual cycle of trying to obtain an IP address and never getting it Yes I have tried switching cables rebooting clients AND the router etc The wireless is working just as well as it ever did nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

I have been getting random blue screens for about a month now so I decided I would finally make a forum post about it. A lot of my games on steam always has files missing after completely downloading the games. It seems like a lot of my errors when installing programs are missing files. So I decided it probably is the hard drive messing up so I went and bought a new hard drive but that did not fix the problem. I still have the same problem. I have no idea if it is a hardware issue or a software issue that is causing me to blue screen. I have done windows memory test and hard drive error checking. If you could help me I would greatly appreciate it.

A:Windows 7 Page fault in nonpaged area and memory management (bsod)

Welcome

Take memtest. Run for 8 passes and test each stick in a know good slot for an additional 6 passes.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Guide to using Memtest86+ - Geeks to Go Forums

Quote:
The goal is to test all the RAM sticks and all the motherboard slots.

Check your motherboard manual to ensure the RAM sticks are in the recommended motherboard slots. Some motherboards have very specific slots required for the number of RAM sticks installed.

If you get errors, stop the test and continue with the next step.

1. Remove all but one stick of RAM from your computer (this will be RAM stick #1), and run Memtest86 again, for 7 passes.
Be sure to note the RAM stick, use a piece of tape with a number, and note the motherboard slot.
If this stick passes the test then go to step #3.

2. If RAM stick #1 has errors, repeat the test with RAM stick #2 in the same motherboard slot.
If RAM stick #2 passes, this indicates that RAM stick #1 may be bad. If you want to be absolutely sure, re-test RAM stick #1 in another known good slot.
If RAM stick #2 has errors, this indicates another possible bad RAM stick, a possible motherboard slot failure or inadequate settings.
3. Test the next stick of RAM (stick #2) in the next motherboard slot.
If this RAM stick has errors repeat step #2 using a known good stick if possible, or another stick.
If this RAM stick has no errors and both sticks failed in slot#1, test RAM stick #1 in this slot.
4. If you find a stick that passes the test, test it in all the other motherboard slots.

If Part 2 testing shows errors, and all tests in Part 3 show errors, you will need to test the RAM sticks in another computer and/or test other RAM in your computer to identify the problem.

In this way, you can identify whether it is a bad stick of RAM, a bad motherboard, or incompatibility between the sticks.

Upload a screenshot of your hard disk using crystal disk info:CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Run Disk Check on your hard disk for file system errors and bad sectors on it:Disk Check

Hard drive test both short and long with: SeaTools for Windows

Also the DOS version of:SeaTools for DOS

Keep us posted

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/260039-windows-7-page-fault-nonpaged-area-memory-management-bsod.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi Guys,
I started getting BSODs after installing MSI after burner, os i uninstalled it and ran cc cleaner still i am getting bsods, I installed windows 7 x64 2 days back.

I am using MSE antivirus. and in windows update I am not able to see SP1 update so didnot update yet.

System config in my system specs signature below .

Attaching the error log file.

Hope you guys help me resolve this issue

A:Windows 7 x64 BSOD memory management and page fault in non paged area

two of the dump files seem to be identical?

Anyway, all three dump files point to memory management as you stated in your subject.... did you run memtest86+ ? Have you replaced / checked any hw recently?
Could you try to remove 1 mem stick and see what happens (apart from slowing down )

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/171219-windows-7-x64-bsod-memory-management-page-fault-non-paged-area.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello So this is my dilemma A friend and I built my computer a little over months ago It has been running great for the most part but not until recently past month or two it has been severely acting up I don t recall doing any major driver updates that would cause these severe errors I have formatted and reinstalled Windows several times but the same issues are still occurring The frustrating part is that I have no idea if it is a software or hardware based problem The problem After about minutes to an hour of booting Windows up the computer will either randomly freeze or give me this blue screen After reboot either of things happens I can boot Windows up normally and go about my business until it happens all over again During bootup I get Windows BSOD Included) and Vista64bit (Pictures Errors Bootup this error Or it either starts to boot up quot Verifying DMI Pool Data quot quot Boot from CD quot then just hangs there Now Windows Vista64bit BSOD and Bootup Errors (Pictures Included) if happens I get a Windows response message that ultimately doesn t help me out OS Windows Vista Ultimate SP bit OS Windows Vista64bit BSOD and Bootup Errors (Pictures Included) Version Windows Vista64bit BSOD and Bootup Errors (Pictures Included) System Intel Core Extreme CPU X GHz XFX MBN IUL LGA NVIDIA nForce i Ultra SLI DDR ATX Intel Motherboard Corsair Dominator DDR SDRAM PC gig sticks x SLI d GeForce GT MB -bit GDDR Video Cards x As I mentioned I have no idea if this is a software or hardware related problem I am at the end of my nerves trying to figure this problem out after reinstalling Windows several times Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you nbsp

A:Windows Vista64bit BSOD and Bootup Errors (Pictures Included)

This Stop message, also known as Stop 0x1E, indicates that a kernel-mode process tried to execute an illegal or unknown processor instruction. This error handler is a default error handler that catches errors not associated with other specific error handlers. (Quoted from Microsoft)
In my experience, errors that occur as described and point to hardware are often caused by a failing powersupply or cooling problems. If it is not able to provide correct voltages, or overheating, Windows will crash under periods of high system usage. These times include, but are not limited to, gaming and startup. Take steps to ensure your power supply is still good and that all your fans are running.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista64bit-bsod-and-bootup-errors-pictures-included.787943/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi everyone I'm new here and I came to get some STOP frequent BSOD Page Windows 0x050 area fault in nonpaged 7 help with a really annoying BSOD problem I'm having in Windows Ultimate STOP 0x050 Page fault in nonpaged area frequent BSOD Windows 7 It happens very frequently like once every - hours It comes up with the message STOP x PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA and the cause is fvevol sys which from what I gathered in Event Viewer is related to volmgr I did some tests on RAM without any errors showing up and even virus spyware scans without any serious results Details OS -Windows Ultimate x -bit What was original installed OS on system Before Win I had XP SP Installed OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version Retail Age of system - years approx Age of OS installation - months approx CPU-AMD Athlon X GhZ Video Card-Galaxy MB Nvidia GeForce GT MotherBoard-Gigabyte GA-MA -S P AM Chipset Power Supply - W CoolerMaster eXtreme Power Duo PSU I've attached the TSF Folder but I couldn't get that monitor program working Seems to just get stuck on collecting data waited for mins and nothing Any help would be greatly appreciated since this problem has rendered my PC almost unusable

A:STOP 0x050 Page fault in nonpaged area frequent BSOD Windows 7

I should add that when I check the Event Viewer to see what the problem was, I see volmgr as the cause and the error message it gives me is "could not successfully load the crash dump driver". Aside from that I've been having other symptoms but I don't know if they're related. Sometimes Win 7 just hangs on the Shutdown screen or it refuses to read discs and Windows Explorer just hangs after disc insertion(only way to read discs is to have them inserted on bootup).I don't know if that helps but this leads to me believe that it's related to my HDDs and/or my RAID.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/stop-0x050-page-fault-in-nonpaged-area-frequent-bsod-windows-7-a-476551.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I have a brand new XPS machine which hardware code down, shut itself BIOS or sleep XPS after Powers (9550) hibernate. issue on 15 or fault? I suppose may have a factory defect but I d like to try asking here and see if others have similar experiences before sending it to repair TL DR Issuing a shut down hibernate or start command makes the laptop go down Light from the power button goes away seconds later the power comes back on and the system starts up On delivery the laptop had Win Pro on it I want to have a clean install without the bloatware which is often shipped with new computers so I reinstalled it on the very first day with a USB stick prepared with Windows Pro install media on it Once installed I added the WLAN driver and let the machine get all other drivers via Windows update Once done I shut down the machine and put it in XPS 15 (9550) Powers itself on after shut down, sleep or hibernate. BIOS code issue or hardware fault? my bag So far so good I thought nbsp When i took it of of my bag I instantly noticed that it was hot and that the screen was already at the Windows logon as soon as I flipped up the screen Logged on and tried to shut it down just to realize that the machine comes back on seconds after completed shut down I tried this several times to see if it was repeatable and yes it is Behavior is same every time It s the same regardless of choosing shut down hibernate or sleep Always seconds after the light on power button goes out power comes back on BIOS wise or release behaves equal I have tried resetting the BIOS to factory defaults and BIOS defaults as XPS 15 (9550) Powers itself on after shut down, sleep or hibernate. BIOS code issue or hardware fault? well Operating system wise I ve tried reinstalling the machine with both the Microsoft install image The Microsoft tool that prepares a USB drive as Win installation media and the image supplied by Dell via the support pages No difference I ve tried to stay on drivers supplied by Windows update as well as manually installing everything from Dell support site No difference Findings from google refer to quot Fast boot quot setting in windows but I did not get any improvement from either settings of this I even went as far as tried to run Ubuntu on the laptop to see if the behavior is OS agnostic and yes it seems Shut down from the menu of the Ubuntu desktop gives the same result seconds after power led goes out the power returns Even when in the BIOS settings menu I can do a short press of the power button to request a shut down and reach the same result seconds after power led coming off system is by itself restarting The only way to shut down this computer is to do a long press on the power button If I do that the machine shuts down and stays off Last thing to share here is that inside the BIOS interface there is a power state log In there I can see that the system has powered off at a certain timestamp and that the associated reason is something like quot ACPI Power off quot or similar don t have the machine here at hand right now quot Immediately after that there is a power on event but the reason is listed as quot Not applicable quot I interpret this that there is something actually making a signal to the system to start up rather than a hardware fault Possibly a BIOS bug My patience is rather much consumed with this as I do not see any more things to try I think next stop is the workshop for this machine but I cannot be without it for the next week so I ll need to keep it with me some time still

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992618
Relevancy 49.02%

Yesterday one of my computers began locking up while playing WoW It's freeze up and lots of random colored dots would appear about the screen I rebooted the computer and it happened again Then it began to happen even in Windows without doing anything but having the computer on After a few more crashes I found that the text and graphics on the startup hardware? - BSOD 7 Windows screens BIOS were garbled as well I thought maybe it's a RAM issue so I removed three of the four RAM sticks and left just one same issue So I removed that one and put in another of the RAM sticks which is of the same specs but a different brand exact same issue At this point I surmised that the video card memory might be corrupted We removed the GT MB that was in it and went and bought a GTS GB and tossed it in The BIOS screens were no longer garbled though the computer gave a quot BOOK DISK FAILURE quot error when trying to boot I used to have this problem on my main machine and oddly enough I could place either the Vista disc or Windows disc in the DVD drive and it boots fine WITHOUT booting from disc which makes no sense BSOD Windows 7 - hardware? to me but works I performed a startup repair and that didn't fix it but leaving the disc in the drive resolved the problem entirely as it had in the past on my main machine This method worked to get past the boot disk failure error I got into Windows however only a few minutes later it began to BSOD randomly and frequently I updated the NVIDIA drivers to no avail I reverted to standard MS video drivers also no go I ran the Windows built-in memory test and it came back clean with no errors I also uninstalled Avast Antivirus to ensure that wasn't interfering with the memory while I work through this A review of the memory dumps from the crashes showed many culprits a keyboard driver ntfs system file various nvidia drivers There was no consistency in the dump files that would lead me to a specific piece of software or hardware so at this point I thought it has to be memory I figure data is trying to write to some part of the memory and then causing a crash when it gets to a corrupt part I took out two sticks of RAM and left the other two in running in dual-channel mode The computer started up fine and I launched WoW and ran it all night without any problems I got in and used it this morning for a few minutes before work also no problems Now it's apparently exhibiting the same issues again though with less frequency my bf is at home while I'm still at work Tonight I will try the other two sticks of RAM in place of these two and see what happens During these BSODs and subsequent restarts I noticed a couple oddities on two occasions the computer would not post and instead gave a long beep followed by two short beeps The comp has a Pheonix BIOS and everything I read about Pheonix BIOS stop codes didn't appear to match the tone I heard at all yet the IBM standard post code set as well as other types of BIOS consistently said a long beep with two short beeps is a VGA problem This is on a brand new card though many times the computer would get to the point where it's supposed to bring up the Windows splash screen before it actually gets into Windows and instead quickly blip a blue screen and then reboot itself The next startup would then say it didn't shut down properly and recommend that I perform a startup repair which I would decline and the computer would proceed to load into Windows just fine Anyone have an idea of the possible culprit I'm curious if a failing motherboard or PSU could cause this type of issue Is the RAM still the likely offender Could drivers be the sole cause of this Could a faulty PSU corrupt RAM and VRAM thus ruining my previous video card and RAM at coincidentally the same time Any thoughts on which direction I should take this are appreciated Specs from memory Asus M N-SLI Deluxe AMD AthlonXP GB RAM x GB OCZ x GB Corsair all w identical specs and I think PC but can't remember for sure Therm... Read more

A:BSOD Windows 7 - hardware?

Just for the record as we look at various variables, what is the model of that Thermaltake power supply? Some of their supplies are really weak with the exception of the "Toughpower" series. Have you gone in the bios to look at the voltages and the temps, and if not, do that and report them back.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-windows-7-hardware-487940.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Just did a malware scan and ended up with bsod. Please check my mini dump and advise on what to try.

Hjalmer

A:Recent crash issues system exception bsod and Page Fault bsod

Tried loading Malware Byte and had BSOD:

On Thu 4/3/2014 2:19:27 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\040314-17440-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x75BC0)
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF800030B7D79, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft? Windows? Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/327301-recent-crash-issues-system-exception-bsod-page-fault-bsod.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello I'm posting here because after a series of days trying to solve the problem I went back to starting point BSOD Dateails of error after machine characteristics OS - Win pro x What was the original installed OS on sthe ystem Win pro Is the OS an hardware 7 BSOD with Windows not and related OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer came installed with Win pro Approximate age of system hardware yo Approximate age of OS installation if you know yo Have you re-installed the OS no CPU i Video Card Saphire HD MotherBoard if NOT a laptop Asus turbo V Power Supply - brand amp wattage if NOT a laptop BSOD related with Windows 7 and not hardware Antec W System BSOD related with Windows 7 and not hardware Manufacturer Keynux Exact model number if laptop check label on bottom P Desktop mid tower Windows working fine up to here start lagging becoming slower and slower after week of point I boot the pc and windows logo shows up and after a minute or so it freezes and gives a BSOD c a the windows subsystem process terminated etc etc c xfd ab x b e this problem was never solved so I send the HD BSOD related with Windows 7 and not hardware sata Tb to a professional that open in clean room he also clean the wallet and made a clone in another HD meanwhile I try old clone done years ago in another HD and it boots fine and windows works nice But this clone lacks many programs installed since then and data I get the new cloned HD from the guy the also cleaned my walletl and I try to boot I do see the windows logo and short after I get the BSOD with message stop c the instruction at x reference memory at etc etc hardware works all fine because I put back old cloned HD and everything works fine I did run times chkdsk r and it finds Kb in bad sectors not much I cannot boot the disk at all but I can see its contend with gparted I really need to restore the Windows because I cannot get back some of the programs installed since old clone very expensive and intricate connections for professional use Can this windows error be overcome Please help if you think the problem can be solved I'm puzzled that the new expensive clone has a error that prevents it to boot Many Thanks

A:BSOD related with Windows 7 and not hardware

Hi, are you able to boot into Safe Mode?

Start your computer in safe mode - Windows Help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/bsod-related-with-windows-7-and-not-hardware-1004442.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi Thanks in advance for any help you can provide I've been slowly building up a new system over the last few and with BSOD Install Hardware Windows new months and the final piece was adding a second PNY Nvidia GTS for a dual SLI rig Since installing the new hardware and drivers I've had some issues with an occasional sudden reboot of the PC which I later realized is Win 's new way of dropping a BSOD In the process of all of this I've been installing and uninstalling software like a madman So this week I decided to do a full reinstall of Windows No luck I've tried to eliminate any hardware overheating issues my cards stay below C The reboot crashes have come BSOD with new Windows Install and Hardware when I've been using some pretty low-demand picture editing or when I've been making adjustments in the Nvidia control panel I am hoping someone here can at least point me in the right direction if there is an obvious software issue at play or if I ended up with a defective piece of hardware Many thanks Windows Professional bit Installed this week Asus M N TD EVO Motherboard AMD Phenom II X CPU w GB RAM DDR - x PNY Nvidia GeForce GTS graphic adapters driver ver W OCZ Power Supply NO system overclocking MiniDump Attached

A:BSOD with new Windows Install and Hardware

Dump blames your nVidia Display Drivers, please do the followings...
- Boot into safe mode with networking
- Uninstall the nVidia Drivers (using Device Manager)
- Use driver sweeper to remove leftover nVidia display driver files Guru3D - Driver Sweeper
- Install the latest drivers NVIDIA DRIVERS 266.58 WHQL
- Reboot into normal mode

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa80076e54e0, fffff88010047354, 0, 2}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+156354 )

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/145089-bsod-new-windows-install-hardware.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello,

I am currently having a BSOD between 1-2 times a day.

custom built my pc about a month ago.

I have run memtest achieved 10+ passes without a problem.

stress tested GPU as the PNY is known to have issues, which i found out after purchase, but no reaction to the stress test.

increased the voltage for the cpu to allow for extra room for the cpu

Windows 7? 64-bit
? Windows 7
? OEM as I made it myself
? less than a month
? less than a month
? intel i5-2500k 3.3ghz oced to 4.6ghz bought as a pre-overclocked bundle
? PNY GEFORCE gtx570
? asus p8z68-v gen3
? CoolerMaster 1000w Silent Pro Gold
? custom built

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA8007903028
BCP3: 00000000BE200000
BCP4: 000000000005110A
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

this is one of the error codes i get, the other one being different in BCP2

BCP2: FFFFFA80111B6028

Cheers

A:BSOD Windows 7 hardware issues

Quote:

Symptom: Device is disabled.
Cause: A device is disabled preventing it from working properly.
Details: The device, D-Link AirPlus G DWL-G510 Wireless PCI Adapter(rev.C), is disabled. If this device is no longer used it may be intentionally disabled. The Plug and Play ID for this device is PCI\VEN_1814-DEV_0302-SUBSYS_3C091186-REV_00\5-D93DF5B-0-0800E6.
Resolution: 1. Determine if you need the device.
2. If you need the device, enable it in Device Manager.
3. If you do not use the device it can be left disabled.

Also

Quote:

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: fffffa801121b028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000be200000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 000000000005110a, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:
------------------

TRIAGER: Could not open triage file : C:\x86\triage\modclass.ini, error 2

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

CURRENT_IRQL: f

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0337aa58 fffff800`03013a3b : 00000000`00000124 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`1121b028 00000000`be200000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0337aa60 fffff800`031d6c43 : 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`1121cea0 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`1121cef0 : hal!HalBugCheckSystem+0x1e3
fffff880`0337aaa0 fffff800`03013700 : 00000000`00000728 fffffa80`1121cea0 fffff880`0337ae30 fffff880`0337ae00 : nt!WheaReportHwError+0x263
fffff880`0337ab00 fffff800`03013052 : fffffa80`1121cea0 fffff880`0337ae30 fffffa80`1121cea0 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMcaReportError+0x4c
fffff880`0337ac50 fffff800`03012f0d : 00000000`00000004 00000000`00000001 fffff880`0337aeb0 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandler+0x9e
fffff880`0337ac90 fffff800`03006e88 : fffff880`03372180 fffff880`03372180 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandlerWithRendezvous+0x55
fffff880`0337acc0 fffff800`030c562c : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalHandleMcheck+0x40
fffff880`0337acf0 fffff800`030c5493 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxMcheckAbort+0x6c
fffff880`0337ae30 fffff800`030cc3d2 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiMcheckAbort+0x153
fffff880`0339a420 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiDeferredReadyThread+0x2c2

STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: GenuineIntel

IMAGE_NAME: GenuineIntel

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_CACHE

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_CACHE

That's a bad sign of Processor Failure, fix the first and then see if that fixes it, otherwise go new PC shopping, Processors cost almost 1/3rd the cost of a new computer if it's a decent Processor.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-windows-7-hardware-issues-640812.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi there I recently bought a lenovo s with the i hashwel and i have been getting a few errors Every time i shut down the laptop and close the laptop over when i try to start it again the BSOD error message quot Page fault in nonpaged area rtwlan sys quot appears I have checked my event viewer and the critical message for - area" nonpaged windows in "page 8.1 fault BSOD is a kernal error - BSOD for windows 8.1 - "page fault in nonpaged area" Am not sure if this data is needed but more data rather than less am i right - the error in event viewer as follows BSOD for windows 8.1 - "page fault in nonpaged area" - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Steven-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xffffe c bf lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xfffff d ba lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BootAppStatus quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt I have looked at other solutions i have updated all the drivers i can via lenovos website and using the automatic search on device manager all of which they say are up to date I have checked a possible cause being the bridging between my wlan and wifi but this doesn't exist i don't think Does anyone else have any ideas on possible causes and fixes for this problem Thanks in advance Steven

A:BSOD for windows 8.1 - "page fault in nonpaged area"

Hello Steven, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Please read the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions, and post back with the needed information. One of our BSOD experts should be by afterwards to further help.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/47657-bsod-windows-8-1-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey if anyone can help me with this my brand new machine is crashing multiple hardware new BSOD's!!! Windows 7 + constant = brand times over the day and it s driving me crazy Here s the short version of the story Bought a brand new system specs below Windows 7 + brand new hardware = constant BSOD's!!! and got windows bit installed with Windows 7 + brand new hardware = constant BSOD's!!! it After a couple days of having it home I started to experience BSOD s very randomly Usually it tended to be if I started the system left it idle for minutes it would crash after which I could start it and it would stay on and idle all day without issue However as the days went by the BSOD s became more frequent sometimes crashing times in a row before the system would start up and crashing both while idle and while actively on the Windows 7 + brand new hardware = constant BSOD's!!! machine Took the system back to the store They wiped the hard drive and ended up replacing the motherboard They told me the system was running for several days without issue and so I picked it up and brought it home It s been with me now for days and I m facing the exact same problem I was before constant BSOD s as frequent as they were before I figure this has to be a driver problem something I have installed that the machine doesn t like but since I got the system back I haven t installed very much at all I ll list the programs below After the last crash now the computer is trying to boot from the CD-ROM by default and won t boot windows unless I mash on F and select the hard drive If anyone can help me out I m going kinda crazy here buying a brand new machine and having it constantly crash is rather frustrating I ve read a few people having similar problems that seem to have been solved by upping the voltage being supplied to the RAM but I really don t want to mess with those settings without a little insturction first so if anyone thinks it d help I could try it out Here are my specs any help would be great appreciated Thanks in advance Intel Core i GHz Quad-Core -bit Asus P T Motherboard Corsair TripleX XMS GB kit x GB DDR x GB total RAM LG Electronics Super Multi Double Layered x DVD Writer x Seagate Barracude GB HD QuadroFX Windows Home Premium Edition Bit In addition to that I also have an older GB hardrive hooked into the system Other than the drivers for these the only other programs I have installed are Firefox Windows Live iTunes Quicktime Maya and zBrush and AVG The one clue I have is when I got the system home for the nd time the very first thing I did was update the graphic card drivers and when I tried that I got a BSOD but after restart them I was able to install fine I m quite positive they are the correct drivers but who knows So after that longer than intended post can anyone offer any advice nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

The evening of Wednesday th July I was playing World of Warcraft on my Windows XP Home Edition laptop when the graphics froze the sound glitched then I got a BSOD for about half a second before the screen went black I rebooted but got another BSOD I restarted the computer again got to the login screen typed the first character of my password and the screen went black Over the next few attempts BSOD Windows XP on hardware - possibly failure I determined that generally using the mouse was ok but sometimes the screen hung Attempting to type in my password invariably resulted in either a hang or the screen going black The following morning once the laptop had cooled down I was able to log in I BSOD on Windows XP - possibly hardware failure shut the lid and left it That evening I was able to log on and played World of BSOD on Windows XP - possibly hardware failure Warcraft very briefly without trouble This morning I logged on and had been playing World of Warcraft for perhaps minutes when I got another BSOD Same routine as before I left the computer for a few hours then logged on without trouble downloaded the tools BSOD on Windows XP - possibly hardware failure to capture system issues as listed at World of Warcraft crash destroyed operating system While running the tool I noticed it reporting two mini-dumps and when I checked them they were both from the Wednesday night None from a few hours before While the tool was still running I got another BSOD Where do I go from here I can't get the tool to run to completion without getting a BSOD I may be able to get the minidumps off the computer and separately extract other information bit by bit too It'll take ages as I'll have to allow perhaps an hour between each attempt and I have a life so can't spend all day doing this Any ideas I suspect hardware failure as I hadn't updated any software or drivers recently or changed any software settings It would be nice if I copuld identify what has failed before I take the laptop for a very expensive repair

A:BSOD on Windows XP - possibly hardware failure

You could test the hard drive yourself, that would be a good starting point.
You'll need to download the ISO CD-image from the drive maker's website, create a CD from that ISO file, then boot your laptop from it and run the test.

First determine what brand the drive is, then download the appropriate ISO file from the manufacturer. The links are at the top of this page: Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.

PS: Don't download the Windows version of the testing software because that will be of no use to you if Windows is currently unstable or won't run properly.
You need to download the version for DOS which is supplied as an ISO file.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bsod-on-windows-xp-possibly-hardware-failure-585725.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I have an older desktop Compaq Presario SR5707C circa '08 originally ran windows vista upgraded to windows 7 motherboard is a MCP61PM-HM (Iris8) NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 onboard graphics AMD Athlon X2 4850e processor power supply 250w brand unknown problem: originally froze with vertical lines appearing on screen. was having hangup issues. Now either freezes ourtright or restarts itself or gives BSOD.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/600076/bsod-windows-7-older-compaq-hardware/
Relevancy 47.73%

I've been trying to install Vista Bit for many days now with no luck I've been getting all types of bluescreens while installing Off the Hardware BSOD Windows Nightmare 64 Bit Vista top of my head I can remember x c and x Since I've been getting these bluescreens I've been frequenting these forums I think I've tried everything I've tried going Windows Vista 64 Bit Hardware BSOD Nightmare into the BIOS Windows Vista 64 Bit Hardware BSOD Nightmare and disabling pretty much anything that didn't have anything Windows Vista 64 Bit Hardware BSOD Nightmare to do with the computer actually functioning including my USB mouse among other BIOS settings I've tried to configure I've also flashed my BIOS with the latest BIOS version I've tried using different DVD drives and hard drives with no luck I've even purchased new Kingston DDR Mhz ram If anyone can please look into my issue and shed some light on this I'd really appreciate it My hardware specs Kingston GB Mhz ram Maxtor Gb Hard drive R LO Intel Dual Core GHZ PC Chips P G MOBO with new BIOS updates Mb ATI Radeon Pro AGP with new Vista drivers on CD which I always remove during instillation

A:Windows Vista 64 Bit Hardware BSOD Nightmare

Hi mate.

I did some googleing and found some clues.

The 0x9c error seems to be related to a bug in hardware (since you have changed your RAM, maybe your CPU is having troubles?)
However I could only find stopreasons for 32bit CPU's and Itanium CPU's.

On the 0x124 error I found some info on (yet again) hardware error and it is recommended to try updating all i\o drivers (videocard, soundcard, chipset, etc)

Good luck, see if you can write down any more specific bluescreens.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/55042-windows-vista-64-bit-hardware-bsod-nightmare.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Been having problems with this new ITX system. Changed motherboard 4 times, changed CPU once. In order to keep it short, I won't elaborate on the problems happened in the last 3 times.

This time around, I get 3 BSODs within a day after installing new motherboard and freshly installed Windows 7 64-bit. The third BSOD happened while running the dump & system collection app.

The necessary files are attached. Additional info below:

Is Windows 7 . . .
- x64
- Reinstalled OS on the system
- OEM version of Windows 7 (disc given)
- Age of hardware: Less than a month (motherboard is only one-day old)
- Age of OS: Less than one-day old

Please help to shed some light on what's wrong.

Thank you very much.

Cheers,
Lorika

A:BSOD - Fresh Hardware & Windows 7 Installation

Hi,

What Model PSU are you using?

The dump files do not point to a 3rd party driver as a probable cause, meaning that it is either a "hidden" driver or hardware. As your drivers look ok, and you have re-installed several times I suspect hardware on this one.

Run a memtest yet?

Quote:
Memtest - Instructions:

Download the ISO (or the .exe for USB drives) from here Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Then (if you have chosen the ISO) burn the ISO using IsoRecorder: ISO Recorder v3 Download (How to use IsoRecorder)

Boot from the CD/USB and run the test (at least 7 passes per test) with only one stick of RAM in place at a time.

It is a time consuming process but it is the only way to be sure it isn't a RAM fault.

For your final test, run the test with all the RAM in place.

Regards,
Reventon

BUGCHECK SUMMARY
Code:

Built by: 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Wed Jul 28 22:40:50.601 2010 (GMT+12)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:07:18.835
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffffa8004e784d1, fffff880071fece0, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiSystemServiceHandler+7c )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
PROCESS_NAME: WmiPrvSE.exe
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Debug session time: Wed Jul 28 19:45:36.793 2010 (GMT+12)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:24:04.981
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff80002bea42e, fffff88006d195d0, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ObpCloseHandleTableEntry+3e )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
PROCESS_NAME: explorer.exe
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Debug session time: Wed Jul 28 17:37:28.869 2010 (GMT+12)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:03:47.103
BugCheck A, {fffffa802445e4a2, 2, 0, fffff800028db077}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiInsertTimerTable+157 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/100350-bsod-fresh-hardware-windows-7-installation.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Brand new computer All hardware is bought new So I installed Windows on my new PC for the first time I've had numerous BlueScreens I've attached all the minidump files I've got so far and all I'm asking is for someone to analyze them for me before I try to reinstall Windows I really want to know where the error comes from I'd really appreciate it and would save a new in - 64 Ultimate hardware! Windows BSoD 7 brand lot of time I've tried to BSoD in Windows 7 Ultimate 64 - brand new hardware! use Windbg to analyze the dmp files BSoD in Windows 7 Ultimate 64 - brand new hardware! myself but I'm not familiar with the program and don't really have the expertise needed I've had two different BlueScreen types so far quot DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL quot quot Page Fault in Non Paged Area quot The BSoD usually happens when I'm playing Heroes of Newerth it seems to happen at a random point of the game I once had the BSoD appear right before completing an installation of another game I've checked all my drivers and according to Windows Device Manager they're all up to date OS Windows Ultimate List of hardware CyberLink DVD Suite Channel OEM CD for XP Vista Windows ASUS P Q SE P Socket- DDR ATX GbLAN ICH PCI-Ex Intel Core Quad Q Quad Core Ghz Socket MB W Mhz Gainward GeForce GTS GB PhysX CUDA PCI-Express GDDR DVI native-HDMI HDCP Lite-On DVD RW burner IHAS - SuperAllWrite x x DVD RW SATA Black Corsair Value S BSoD in Windows 7 Ultimate 64 - brand new hardware! PC DDR GB Kit w two matched Value Select MB Seagate Barracuda GB SATA- MB RPM CNet Wireless-G PCI Mbps g WPA AES WPA RP-SMA Please take a look at the Minidump files And if you need any more information I'll be happy to provide it Thanks in advance EDIT The RAM was the problem I've replaced the RAM units with my old units and it seems to work now Thank you everyone

A:BSoD in Windows 7 Ultimate 64 - brand new hardware!

Could someone who knows more about BSODs than me please correct/confirm this?

Try opening an elevated command prompt and running sfc /scannow.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/59202-bsod-windows-7-ultimate-64-brand-new-hardware.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,

I'm new to this sort of thing so please bear with me. I have a Windows 7 64bit computer and I keep getting a BSOD. The dumps all tell me that I have a hardware error but I can't isolate it. I have swapped out my RAM chips, disabled my NIC, swapped out my video cards and I keep getting the same error. Attached is my analysis from the Microsoft Diagnostic and Recovery Tool. Let me know if you need anything else?

A:BSOD - Windows 7 64bit - Hardware Error 124

Welcome!

Have you tested your hard drive? Go to the manufacturer's site and download their advanced diagnostic tools.

Also, are you overclocking? If so, stop, and see if the problem goes away. If you are running RAID, try updating the drivers.

Good luck!

~JK

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/62131-bsod-windows-7-64bit-hardware-error-124-a.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello I'm posting here because after a series of days trying to solve the problem I went back to starting point BSOD Dateails of error after machine characteristics OS - Win pro x What was the original installed OS on sthe ystem Win pro Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer came installed with Win pro Approximate age of system hardware yo Approximate age of OS installation if you know yo Have you re-installed the OS no CPU i Video Card Saphire HD MotherBoard if NOT a laptop Asus turbo V Power Supply - brand amp wattage if NOT a laptop Antec W System Manufacturer Keynux Exact model number if laptop check label on bottom P Desktop mid tower Windows working fine up to here start lagging becoming slower and slower after week of point I boot the pc and windows logo shows up and after a minute or so it freezes and gives a BSOD c a the windows subsystem process terminated etc etc not hardware BSOD with 7 software related Windows c xfd ab x b e this problem was never solved so I send the HD sata Tb to a professional that open in clean BSOD related with Windows 7 software not hardware room he also clean the wallet and made a clone in another HD meanwhile I try old clone done years ago in another HD and it boots fine and windows works nice But this clone lacks many programs installed since then and data I get the new cloned HD from the guy the also cleaned my walletl and I try to boot I do see the windows logo and short after I get the BSOD with message stop c the instruction at x reference memory at etc etc hardware works all fine because I put back old cloned HD and everything works fine I did run times chkdsk r and it finds Kb in bad sectors not much I cannot boot the disk at all but I can see its contend with gparted I really need to restore the Windows because I cannot get back some of the programs installed since old clone very expensive and intricate connections for professional use Can this windows error be overcome Please help if you think the problem can be solved I'm puzzled that the new expensive clone has a error that prevents it to boot Many Thanks PS I can access to the new clone disk from another hard drive with linux fedora

A:BSOD related with Windows 7 software not hardware

Quote:
Please help if you think the problem can be solved.

Some information about the BSOD is needed. Provide a camera snap of the BSOD screen at least which will give the onscreen codes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/372400-bsod-related-windows-7-software-not-hardware.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Several months ago I put windows on my custom desktop and really enjoyed it As of a few weeks ago I started getting random bluescreens They became more and more frequent with wildly ranging error codes Unable to pin down a particular cause I wrote hardware 8.1 Windows Fresh - - BSOD Likely install of it off as random issues with windows With the latest build build my computer has been a nightmare I've seen every bsod under the sun WHEA uncorrectable error IRQL not less or equal critical process died driver manager io violation unexpected kernel mode trap kernel security check failure and I decided enough Fresh install of Windows 8.1 - BSOD - Likely hardware was enough I reset the bios to default settings disabled overclock I reseated all power connections cleaned out all the dust and wiped my boot drives With a fresh install of windows all seemed to be going well Until Fresh install of Windows 8.1 - BSOD - Likely hardware just hours after fresh install I'm watching a movie with my wife and bam WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR Just had a second one while typing this Today is not a good day Computer build mostly in Asus z Sabertooth BIOS latest Intel i k Corsair h i Seasonic SS- KM watt x GB OCZ Vertex in RAID x G SKILL Ripjaw X gb DDR EVGA GTX Classified Currently in default bios no OC sfc scannow no integrity violations chkdsk no bad sectors CrystalDiskInfo reports both drives in good health Memory Diagnostic test - no errors I'll probably pull the graphics card tonight but it seems to be either pointing to my power supply my drive array or something equally as random I tend to doubt it is the psu as the problem doesn't seem to come up while gaming or cpu heavy tasks - highest draw If anything it is less frequent no data to back that up though Any help would be greatly appreciated I use my desktop for work and these issues are really killing my productivity Thank you DESKTOP -Fri zip

A:Fresh install of Windows 8.1 - BSOD - Likely hardware

Got a new bsod That I had never seen before today. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (win32k.sys)

Might remove 2 sticks of RAM just to see if that helps things.

DESKTOP8-Sat_06_27_2015_103414_94.zip

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/67839-fresh-install-windows-8-1-bsod-likely-hardware.html
Relevancy 47.73%

the model for this is Aspire M with the default hardware inside Windows Home Premium Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz GHz GB RAM -bit operating system current hardware issue intel R LF- Gigabit Network Connection After a proper shutdown and some hours of rest for the CPU i turned it on and found that my LAN Wired connection was not connected upon startup there's no PC activity on the modem itself Modem is working fine Eternet cable is working fine i had used the same modem and cable for my laptop internet runs fine there's PC activity this would mean that the problem for my no access for LAN connection would windows to BSOD 7 issue relating hardware be hardware issue in the CPU itself upon opening device manager intel R LF- Gigabit Network Connection seems not abled to function as per normal a note 'Device is not working properly ' i tried using window's troubleshooter to resolve the issue issue resolved as stated but there's still no access to internet through lan connection even it says 'Device is working properly' Problem signature Problem Event windows 7 BSOD relating to hardware issue Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFF DD BCP BCP FFFFF BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - windows 7 BSOD relating to hardware issue dmp C Users himura AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt

A:windows 7 BSOD relating to hardware issue

Quote: Originally Posted by himurak

the model for this is Aspire M7720. with the default hardware inside.

Windows 7 Home Premium
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz 2.67GHz
6.00GB RAM
64-bit operating system

current hardware issue : intel(R) 82567LF-2 Gigabit Network Connection

After a proper shutdown and some hours of rest for the CPU, i turned it on, and found that my LAN(Wired) connection was not connected upon startup, there's no PC activity on the modem itself.

Modem is working fine, Eternet cable is working fine. i had used the same modem and cable for my laptop, internet runs fine, there's PC activity.

this would mean that the problem for my no access for LAN connection, would be hardware issue in the CPU itself. upon opening device manager, intel(R) 82567LF-2 Gigabit Network Connection seems not abled to function as per normal, a note 'Device is not working properly.' i tried using window's troubleshooter to resolve the issue. issue resolved as stated, but there's still no access to internet through lan connection. even it says 'Device is working properly'.
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 50
BCP1: FFFFF880030DD020
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: FFFFF88010028978
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\032310-46035-01.dmp
C:\Users\himura\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-65567-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Good diagnosis. This crash was caused by your e1y62x64.sys
which is part of your Intel network driver. I would download a fresh copy and install it.

I would also run a system file check to verify and repair your system files too do that type cmd in search>right click and run as admin>sfc /scannow (not the space between sfc and ".")

If you are overclocking stop.

Let us know if you need help

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/73170-windows-7-bsod-relating-hardware-issue.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I keep getting BSOD at random times. Sometimes it crashes while I am not even doing anything. I have tried to reinstall windows couple times with different versions of Windows 7 x64. I have attached the mini dump files. Please help. Thank you

A:I keep getting Page fault in non page area BSOD on Windows 7

Hello,

I suspect bad RAM. Try testing it, using this guide:sevenforums.com/tutorials/105647-ram-test-memtest86.html

Sorry about the non-parsed link, I had to edit it to avoid detection by the forum software, which apparently prohibits new members like myself from posting links.

Firefox.exe was running in 2 dumps, which makes me suspect a network issue. Remove Norton, as per these directions: jcgriff2.com/NRT_N360_Removal.html

Replace it with MSE: microsoft.com/security_essentials

Summary of the Dumps:
Code:

Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Debug session time: Thu Oct 28 21:38:56.276 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:45:02.587
BugCheck 50, {fffffa81856a0358, 0, fffff80002a8fb9b, 5}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiDeleteAddressesInWorkingSet+27f )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50
PROCESS_NAME: firefox.exe
ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии
Debug session time: Mon Oct 25 22:59:36.070 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:01.382
BugCheck 1A, {5002, fffff70001080000, 2704, 2785fffffffe}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+2971c )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_5002
PROCESS_NAME: sidebar.exe
ииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии
Debug session time: Mon Oct 25 22:57:40.689 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:36:04.000
BugCheck 50, {fffff680400202d8, 0, fffff80002aec2e2, 5}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiAgeWorkingSet+1c2 )
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe
Debug session time: Sun Oct 17 13:09:16.691 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:09:32.002
BugCheck 50, {fffff680400543b0, 0, fffff800028d12e2, 5}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiAgeWorkingSet+1c2 )
PROCESS_NAME: firefox.exe

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-keep-getting-page-fault-in-non-page-area-bsod-on-windows-7.155688/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello I have often used these forums to answer my questions and am a long-time lurker but have never posted I need help and am at the end of my technical knowledge with this computer I purchased a refurbished HP p f and shortly after I got it it began to have frequent BSOD I contacted HP and sent it in for repair and the motherboard was replaced This did not improve the problem I reinstalled the OS Windows home premium from the system recovery disks 7 Help! Windows despite Need minidumps changes, attached BSOD Recurrent hardware and continued to have frequent BSODs even before I installed other programs or devices Thinking it was most likely a hardware problem given the clean factory install I have tried swapping out the power supply RAM and video card None of these hardware changes improved the BSOD issue I have reverted the system back to its original hardware I have run diagnostics on the hard drive which have Need Help! Recurrent BSOD Windows 7 despite hardware changes, minidumps attached always passed I don t know what else to do Please help Thanks so much System specs and link to minidump files below Processor GHz AMD Phenom II X Memory GB DDR Storage TB hard drive Optical Drive DVD RW Graphics Integrated ATI Radeon HD Operating Need Help! Recurrent BSOD Windows 7 despite hardware changes, minidumps attached System Windows Home Premium -bit https skydrive live com redir aspx cid ba eae e eb c amp resid BA EAE E EB C nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-recurrent-bsod-windows-7-despite-hardware-changes-minidumps-attached.1024348/
Relevancy 47.3%

This is my third time trying to post this lost it from it auto-logging me out So if I BSOD Boot 0x000007B on Hardware New Windows 7 error seem abrupt and scattered sorry My problem is that when I boot up my system and Windows starts to load it gives me this BSOD This started happening after I added new parts will describe below I listed my old rig's parts in my profile but here's an overview My old rig is a HP Pavilion p w HP Support document - HP Support Center in a Apevia X-Sniper case with a nVidia GeForce GTX graphics card and a Corsair W PSU My new rig was the New Hardware BSOD on Windows 7 Boot error 0x000007B old rig except I replaced the mobo Ram and CPU to mobo ASRock Z Pro LGA New Hardware BSOD on Windows 7 Boot error 0x000007B Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard CPU Intel Core i - Ivy Bridge Dual-Core GHz LGA W BX I Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics RAM Team Xtreme GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model TXD G HC QDC My Mobo just came back from RMA because it was DOA They just gave me a new one so I got to start it up and it was doing well until it got to booting Windows Two of the dots of the logo appear then it BSODs and restarts Nothing I've tried so far has helped I already tired all options in Startup Repair except restoring it to factory settings I have too many programs that I can not afford losing especially those it would be almost impossible to find again I've done a system Restore For some reason all of my restore points were gone except one that was dated to minutes New Hardware BSOD on Windows 7 Boot error 0x000007B after the first BSoD I've run a chkdsk to look for anything in the harddrive and I tried to start it in safe mode got the same error I tried removing all unncessisary hardware I E graphics card and all USB devices like keyboard and mouse and I tried running with stick of RAM then swapped to the other stick of RAM When I set up the harddrive the distance from where it would sit and where the SATA ports were was too long for the original SATA cable so I had to try the SATA cable I tried the SATA cable plugged into the SATA and SATA ports on the motherboard and I moved the harddrive onto the table next to the case so it could reach the ports using the shorter SATA cable and I tried it in both the SATA and SATA ports as well I did other things too but i can't even remember them at this point I post them when they come back to me Anyways when I looked up the error most of what I found suggested the HDD was damaged had a virus or had bad partitions I know for sure that is not the case because I am using it right now back in my old rig Which is where I am posting from This leads me to beleive it might be an issue with one of my new parts or more likely their drivers I can't test my mobo RAM or CPU without the other new parts because none of them are compatible with their old counterparts in my new rig Also I do not have access to a PC that is compatible with any of my new or old parts to test them on Sorry again if I was all over the place or if I missed something I'm extremely tired atm with this system and with typing this again I'm pretty sure I have everything hooked up correctly but if you want I can take pictures just in case Also I saw you have to include that file thingy in the attachments so obviously that was run on my OLD rig seeing as I can't get close enough in my new rig to run something like that Thanks in advance for your help

A:New Hardware BSOD on Windows 7 Boot error 0x000007B

You should try a clean reinstall after applying a changed motherboard.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/370097-new-hardware-bsod-windows-7-boot-error-0x000007b.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I built a new system from scratch I hadn't done that since the 's but I'm capable and everything went together just fine i Processor Gigabyte Motherboard gb ram Raedeon vid card the one piece of hardware I already have But I've had nothing but trouble over the last months since I put it together I get constant and RANDOM BSODs Some have occurred during games others web browsing others while I'm afk I just come back to the user select screen and a new mini-dump I have Replaced the RAM sent the motherboard back to Gigabyte and gotten a replacement installed on my SSHD current but also used my TB drive just to test if it was the SSHD--no fix there I've taken out my video card and ran on the onboard--no fix I uninstalled and reinstalled windows in Hardware... Suspect BSOD Randomly Windows Occurring 7, three times The latest with a different fresh copy--and so far the errors seem to have become MORE frequent I am currently running fully updated Windows bit Professional and I'm going to cut this short so I don't get a BSOD that makes me lose all this I NEED help direction sympathy etc Any direction on potential fixes and helping me narrow down the culprit hardware or software is greatly appreciated

A:BSOD Occurring Randomly in Windows 7, Suspect Hardware...

MSINFO32:
Please go to Start and type in "msinfo32.exe" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Save the report as an .nfo file, then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Also, save a copy as a .txt file and include it also (it's much more difficult to read, but we have greater success in getting the info from it).

systeminfo:
Please open an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt and type (or copy/paste) "systeminfo.exe >%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.txt" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Then navigate to Desktop to retrieve the syteminfo.txt file. If you have difficulties with making this work, please post back. Then zip up the .txt file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/302147-bsod-occurring-randomly-windows-7-suspect-hardware.html