Windows Support Forum

Windows 7 BlueScreen [TSF_Vista_Support & PERFMON included]

Q: Windows 7 BlueScreen [TSF_Vista_Support & PERFMON included]

Hi My new laptop Toshiba Satellite A - X has been in use for just about two weeks now On the th Jan I got a BlueScreen while using Firefox and iTunes I wasn't fast enough to catch the error though Last night I got the BlueScreen - twice Using only Firefox and Windows Live Mail I managed to look at the Minidump file which told me that the cause was probably nvlddmkm sys From what I've read this seems like a common enough problem with the graphics driver but so far I haven't been able to find a working fix for this problem I was wondering if anyone can help out I'm running -bit Windows Home Premium and have installed very few additional programs iTunes FireFox Microsoft Office I saw a thread here which uses SysInternals and a batch file to gather some info about your system so I've run it and attached the folder TSF Vista amp the Perfmon HTML Report Any and all help appreciated on this Thanks in advance -Matt Sorry for included] & [TSF_Vista_Support 7 Windows BlueScreen PERFMON the double post Ok so shortly after my original post I BlueScreen'd again I got the error code this time and it seems that the Nvidia driver is causing the problem STOP x nvlddmkm sys I've included the MiniDump files here too if they help out in any way Thanks again Also can anyone point me in the direction of the edit button on my post s I would've edited but couldn't find it P -Matt

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows 7 BlueScreen [TSF_Vista_Support & PERFMON included]

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows 7 BlueScreen [TSF_Vista_Support & PERFMON included]

You can only edit for 30 minutes - after that a new post is required.

To fix the graphics driver:
- go to http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx and download the latest WHQL certified driver for your OS and video card
- uninstall the current video card drivers using Control Panel...Programs...Uninstall a program
- install the freshly downloaded video drivers
- wait for the next BSOD.

Also, here's some info on STOP 0x116 errors:
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tml#post280172
http://forums.amd.com/game/messagevi...&enterthread=y (although it's AMD drivers, the discussion applies to nVidia also)
http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html#0x00000116

In short, make sure that the fan is working on the video card, that it's getting air, that the cooler isn't clogged with dust, and that the card isn't overheating.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-7-bluescreen-tsf_vista_support-and-perfmon-included-451558.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Somebody knows which could be the reason Code DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL d An attempt was made to access a pageable or completely invalid address at an interrupt request level IRQL that is included) bluescreen (minidump Windows Another random too high This is usually caused by drivers using improper addresses If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace Arguments Arg memory referenced Arg IRQL Arg value read operation write operation Arg f address which referenced memory Debugging Details ------------------ Kernel symbols are WRONG Please fix symbols to do analysis MODULE NAME nt FAULTING MODULE d nt DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP e WRITE ADDRESS unable to get nt MmSpecialPoolStart unable to get nt MmSpecialPoolEnd unable to get nt MmPoolCodeStart unable to get nt MmPoolCodeEnd CURRENT IRQL FAULTING IP ffffffff f f add byte ptr eax al CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID WRONG SYMBOLS BUGCHECK STR xD LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from Another random Windows bluescreen (minidump included) f Another random Windows bluescreen (minidump included) ed to f STACK TEXT WARNING Frame IP not in any known module Following frames may be wrong f c efc f ed f effc ffdff ffdff x f f c efc f effc ffdff ffdff dbbd x f ed f c efc ffdff ffdff dbbd f f x f effc f c efcc ffdff dbbd f f f e xffdff f c efd dbbd f f f e xffdff f c efd f f f e nt x bd f c efd f e x f f f c efdc x f e STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP nt bd dbbd SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME nt bd FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner IMAGE NAME ntoskrnl exe BUCKET ID WRONG SYMBOLS Followup MachineOwner Thanks in advance nbsp Another random Windows bluescreen (minidump included)

A:Another random Windows bluescreen (minidump included)

incorrect or defective drivers, or defective unit related to the drive that is trying to make it work.
What is the brand and model, or the motherboard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/another-random-windows-bluescreen-minidump-included.79121/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello guys am a newbie to this forum Recently i have started getting the BSOD problem on my aspire timeline x i did normal virus scans and nothing was found 7 viewer windows BSOD also results Bluescreen Random on included after researching more about it i came upon this forum and i hope you guys can help am a student and cannot afford to send my laptop to repair at acer The computer usually crashes when i have many YouTube video loading and MSN messenger running in the background it has also crashed on random occasions like surfing the net playing song or even transferring Random BSOD on windows 7 Bluescreen viewer results also included files to my Random BSOD on windows 7 Bluescreen viewer results also included Hdd The problem kind of started around a point of time where my system could not apply the new windows updates i tried to do a system restore and it still did not help All my drivers are up to date Like requested on the other post i have attached the Windows NT BSOD jcgriff folder amp the PERFMON HTML file Please help me find my way out of this i have my final year projects to do and if possible give me as detailed instructions on how to deal with this THANK YOU Oh and BTW my system specs are Laptop model Aspire Timeline X Windows bit i core ATI HD graphics GB bought it from a computer shop with w pre installed Laptop is around a year old have not done any modification to the laptop i have re formatted my laptop with a backup recently and problem is still there

A:Random BSOD on windows 7 Bluescreen viewer results also included

hey guys i ran memtest86+ on my computer and after the 1st pass it always shutdown my computer. so i set up a table fan beside my laptop and ran the test again. this time my laptop did not shut down and it ran 8 passes with no error. so does this mean the problem with my laptop is overheating?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/187141-random-bsod-windows-7-bluescreen-viewer-results-also-included.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello, I am new here and this is my first post. Thank you for your time and helping me out!

My question is as this. Is it possible to monitor my GPU usage true perfmon? I can monitor CPU, HDD and RAM in perfmon but there are no counters for GPUs. How do I get counters for my GPU so that I can monitor my GPU usage. At the moment I monitor my GPU with Process Explorer. But I want to monitor it all in one window (thus perfmon).

This is my system:
MOMO: MSI Bing Bang X Power II
CPU: Intel Core i7 3820
RAM: 16 GB Corsair DDDR-1600 (2 x 8 GB) (CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10)
HDD: Western Digital WD2002FYPS (2 TB)
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 200 (4 GB)

Thank you for your time and I hope you have a solution,
Richard Moti

A:Monitor GPU usage in perfmon, GPU counter for perfmon

Hello RichardMoti and welcome to Sevenforums. What brand card do you have? Most manufacturers have a utility that will monitor your card on screen while you are playing. They also have other functions as well. If your manufacturer does not have one, many people like MSI Afterburner. It is an overclocking utility, but has very good monitoring stats. Most manufacturers have their own. I have an EVGA card and use Precision X, Sapphire has Trixx and most others do as well.

You can keep a log of almost every statistic there is with GPUz. This will tell you how Graphics Card Problems - Diagnose

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/367575-monitor-gpu-usage-perfmon-gpu-counter-perfmon.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I recently built a new system from scratch and all was fine for a couple days; now I get the BSOD randomly. I know where the dump files are located but I unfortunately don't know how to read them correctly. As requested I've attached the TSF_Vista_Support + system health report to the tread if anyone could lend a hand. If anyone could provide some insight as to why I'm getting these random BSOD's I'd greatly appreciate it.

Here's the specs on the system:

Ultra LSP 750 watt PSU

AMD Phenom II 955

OCZ AMD Black Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

MSI NF980-G65 AM3 NVIDIA nForce 980a SLI HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard

EVGA 01G-P3-1158-TR GeForce GTS 250

LG 22X DVD?R DVD Burner Black IDE Model GH22NP20

Rosewill RCR-IC002 74-in-1 USB 2.0 3.5" Internal Card Reader w/ USB port

A:BSOD TSF_Vista_Support + system health report

The first thing that I can suggest is to get some more memory.
Your system report shows 1.87G of physical memory.
It also shows 1.87G of pagefile space.

You need at least 2G of physical and 3G of pagefile to run W7 in any sort of efficient manner.

I only looked at a couple of the BSOD logs and didn't post the results
because they pointed me to this as a potential cause.

Please run this as it may point out another possible issue as well.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...e-advisor.aspx

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-tsf_vista_support-system-health-report-459849.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey everyone I am just trying to debug a friends laptop which probably has a trojan along with the bluescreen which causes a restart There is probably other stuff as well Any advice ie online scanners or other precautions would be greatly appreciated [Hijack bluescreen included] of death,etc.. Here is my hijack thanks Logfile of Trend bluescreen of death,etc.. [Hijack included] Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss bluescreen of death,etc.. [Hijack included] exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS bluescreen of death,etc.. [Hijack included] system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system dumprep exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files HPQ SHARED HPQWMI exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe C WINDOWS system dwwin exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Documents and Settings Dominic Desktop HiJackThis v exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN CA amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN CA amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run hpWirelessAssistant C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run eabconfg cpl C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe Start O - HKLM Run LSBWatcher c hp drivers hplsbwatcher lsburnwatcher exe O - HKLM Run Cpqset C Program Files HPQ Default Settings cpqset exe O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes ... Read more

Relevancy 55.04%

After upgrading my PC Motherboard CPU RAM Graphic card amp Power Supply month ago I have a bluescreen error occasionally when I restart reset or Power-On my computer The bluescreen error messages are not similar but either x E or x E I Bluescreen help! (minidump included) Bad Please Errors, have this problem occasionally and just on restarting so that when my computer have a healthy botting I don t meet any Bad Bluescreen Errors, Please help! (minidump included) problem to next restarting understood that sometime I have not any problem in next restarting too To now Some of my error messages were x E xC D x xF EB C x x E x C Bad Bluescreen Errors, Please help! (minidump included) CD x F x x x E x CBA x E FDA x x x E x EB C x F B x x x E x D x xF C x x E x FF F x E x x x E x FAE x E x x x E xC xF B D D xF C FE xF C CE Sometime I must reset my PC - time at a stretch for a healthy booting and hardly ever I have not Bad Bluescreen Errors, Please help! (minidump included) any problem for a week I did many works during these months Replacing my RAMs with two new one uninstalling some of my programs uninstalling my TVCard puting my modem in other PCI ports BIOS upgrading and many other efforts but the problem is immutable Please help me What must I do what is the problem Best Regards A searcher with many problem with his PC PoorSearcher dead nbsp

A:Bad Bluescreen Errors, Please help! (minidump included)

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your problem would appear to be cased by a bug in ATMFD.DLL. This is the Windows NT OpenType/Type 1 Font Driver by Adobe Systems Incorporated.

Look HERE for a possible solution.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bad-bluescreen-errors-please-help-minidump-included.47512/
Relevancy 55.04%

My Gateway laptop is going to blue screen after startup Internet is also no longer operational When I start the computer Bluescreen included startup; logs on now it automatically goes into safe Bluescreen on startup; logs included mode Logs included in this post are Malwarebytes Anti-Malware log GMER log DDS logs both DDS txt and Attach txt Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Trial www malwarebytes org Database version v Windows Vista Service Pack x NTFS Safe Mode Networking Internet Explorer Sven SVEN-PC administrator Protection Disabled PM mbam-log- - - - - txt Scan type Quick scan Scan options enabled Memory Startup Registry File System Heuristics Extra Heuristics Shuriken PUP PUM Scan options disabled P P Objects scanned Time elapsed minute s second s Memory Processes Detected Bluescreen on startup; logs included No malicious items detected Memory Modules Detected No malicious items detected Registry Keys Detected No malicious items detected Registry Values Detected No malicious items detected Registry Data Items Detected No malicious items detected Folders Detected No malicious items detected Files Detected C Users Sven Downloads XvidSetup exe Adware Agent - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully end GMER - http www gmer net Rootkit quick scan - - Windows Service Pack Harddisk DR - gt Device Ide IdeDeviceP T L - Hitachi HTS K SA rev BBBOC P Running cm n exe Driver C Users Sven AppData Local Temp kxldypog sys ---- Devices - GMER ---- AttachedDevice FileSystem fastfat Fat fltmgr sys Microsoft Filesystem Filter Manager Microsoft Corporation ---- EOF - GMER ---- DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Sven at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www searchqu com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO StartNow Toolbar Helper e d - c - - -f b dd f - c program files startnow toolbar Toolbar dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c program files microsoft office office GrooveShellExtensions dll BHO avast WebRep e e -ad d- bf-ac d-d f d - c program files avast software avast aswWebRepIE dll BHO Searchqu Toolbar a - f- bd -be - acaa a - c progra wi a datamngr toolbar searchqudtx dll BHO DataMngr d f - - f - - f db - c progra wi a datamngr BROWSE DLL BHO FacePaint Plugin a c d d- a c- c a- bd -cc b ebc - mscoree dll BHO Skype Browser Helper ae - e c- ed - f b-f f a - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer skypeieplugin dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll TB FacePaint Toolbar cccc d d- a c- c a- bd -cc b ccc - mscoree dll TB StartNow Toolbar e- d e- ec- cbb- b cc f - c program files startnow toolbar Toolbar dll TB Searchqu Toolbar a - f- bd -be - acaa a - c progra wi a datamngr toolbar searchqudtx dll TB avast WebRep e e -ad d- bf-ac d-d f d - c program files avast software avast aswWebRepIE dll TB BC A- - D - AC -E B A BA C - No File TB D C F- A- -A AD- D - No File EB FacePaint Toolbar cccc d d- a c- c a- bd -cc b ccc - mscoree dll mRun avast quot c program files avast software avast avastUI exe quot nogui mRunOnce Malwarebytes Anti-Malware c program files malwarebytes anti-malware mbamgui exe install silent mRunOnce Malwarebytes Anti-Malware cleanup rundll exe quot c programdata malwarebytes... Read more

A:Bluescreen on startup; logs included

Forgot to include the dump file, will do so tonight. Sorry

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bluescreen-on-startup-logs-included.182173/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi everybody, first post YAY

Im trying to sort out a blue screen on my brothers computer..
Its a HP Pavilion t260

Specs:
Pentium 4 3,06 ghz
1 gb ddr
Ati radeon 9800 128mb
WinXP Home SP2

anyways,
I keep getting random blue screens.
Something about

0x0000008e (0xC0000005, 0x804E5160, 0xB114B498, 0x00000000)

Ive attached the two last dumpchecks from the minidump folder in a zip..

If anyone could find the time to help me out, Me and my brother would apreciate it..

Relevancy 52.89%

Has anyone tried perfmon.exe /res with a copy of perfmon from Windows Seven??
I like that memory bar display.

Just wondering if anyone ventured to copy it on and try it.

A:PerfMon from Windows 7 ??

Not me, but, i have been using CPUMon . CPUMon ? Products ? den4b.com
Neat little thing.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/294739-perfmon-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 52.03%

My windows 8 driver irql less than issues that is causing my laptop to repeatedly shutdown

A:output folder + PERFMON Windows 8...

Hi,

All of the attached DMP files are of the DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1) bug check.

This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.

A driver tried to access an address that is pageable (or that is completely invalid) while the IRQL was too high. This bug check is usually caused by drivers that have used improper addresses.

Code:

0: kd> k
ChildEBP RetAddr
ae2d7a34 81589e40 nt!KiBugCheck2
ae2d7a34 8e229a4c nt!KiTrap0E+0x2c8
WARNING: Stack unwind information not available. Following frames may be wrong.
ae2d7ae4 8e226800 aswnet+0x25a4c
ae2d7b08 8e22696d aswnet+0x22800
ae2d7b34 8e227adc aswnet+0x2296d
ae2d7b68 8e228df0 aswnet+0x23adc
ae2d7b84 8e22907d aswnet+0x24df0
ae2d7b9c 8e224cae aswnet+0x2507d
ae2d7ba8 8e20648e aswnet+0x20cae
ae2d7bc8 8e206a9c aswnet+0x248e
ae2d7be0 816052cb aswnet+0x2a9c
ae2d7bfc 8169ad5c nt!IofCallDriver+0x3f
ae2d7c50 8169a7d1 nt!IopSynchronousServiceTail+0x121
ae2d7cf0 8169a409 nt!IopXxxControlFile+0x3ac
ae2d7d24 815868fc nt!NtDeviceIoControlFile+0x2a
ae2d7d24 77296954 nt!KiFastCallEntry+0x12c
09f5eb74 00000000 0x77296954
The problematic driver appears to be the AVAST Firewall Core driver.

-------------------------

1. Remove and replace avast! with Windows 8's built-in Windows Defender for temporary troubleshooting purposes as it's causing conflicts:

avast! removal - avast! Uninstall Utility | Download aswClear for avast! Removal

Windows Defender (how to turn on after removal) - Windows Defender - Turn On or Off in Windows 8

2. In your loaded drivers list, dtsoftbus01.sys is listed which is the Daemon Tools driver. Daemon Tools is a very popular cause of BSOD's in 7/8 based systems. Please uninstall Daemon Tools. Alternative imaging programs are: MagicISO, Power ISO, etc.

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/output-folder-perfmon-windows-8-a-837617.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello All,

So I have been getting the occasional BSOD while gaming/browsing the internet/navigating my desktop etc.

I have attached the Windows NT6 folder and Perfmon file.

Here are my system specs:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit (upgrade)
Video card 1 yr old; everything else 3 yrs old
OS installed September 2011

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

A:BSOD; Windows NT6 and Perfmon attached

Stop 0x124 is a hardware error

If you are overclocking try resetting your processor to standard settings and see if that helps.

If you continue to get BSOD here are some more things you may want to consider.

This is usually heat related, defective hardware, memory or even processor though it is"possible" that it is driver related (rare).

Quote:
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try
Synopsis:

A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint.

Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress.
Generic "Stop 0x124" Troubleshooting Strategy:

1) Ensure that none of the hardware components are overclocked. Hardware that is driven beyond its design specifications - by overclocking - can malfunction in unpredictable ways.
2) Ensure that the machine is adequately cooled.
If there is any doubt, open up the side of the PC case (be mindful of any relevant warranty conditions!) and point a mains fan squarely at the motherboard. That will rule out most (lack of) cooling issues.
3) Update all hardware-related drivers: video, sound, RAID (if any), NIC... anything that interacts with a piece of hardware.
It is good practice to run the latest drivers anyway.
4) Update the motherboard BIOS according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Their website should provide detailed instructions as to the brand and model-specific procedure.
5) Rarely, bugs in the OS may cause "false positive" 0x124 events where the hardware wasn't complaining but Windows thought otherwise (because of the bug).
At the time of writing, Windows 7 is not known to suffer from any such defects, but it is nevertheless important to always keep Windows itself updated.

6) Attempt to (stress) test those hardware components which can be put through their paces artificially.
The most obvious examples are the RAM and HDD(s).
For the RAM, use the in-built memory diagnostics (run MDSCHED) or the 3rd-party memtest86 utility to run many hours worth of testing.
For hard drives, check whether CHKDSK /R finds any problems on the drive(s), notably "bad sectors".
Unreliable RAM, in particular, is deadly as far as software is concerned, and anything other than a 100% clear memory test result is cause for concern. Unfortunately, even a 100% clear result from the diagnostics utilities does not guarantee that the RAM is free from defects - only that none were encountered during the test passes.

7) As the last of the non-invasive troubleshooting steps, perform a "vanilla" reinstallation of Windows: just the OS itself without any additional applications, games, utilities, updates, or new drivers - NOTHING AT ALL that is not sourced from the Windows 7 disc.
Should that fail to mitigate the 0x124 problem, jump to the next steps.
If you run the "vanilla" installation long enough to convince yourself that not a single 0x124 crash has occurred, start installing updates and applications slowly, always pausing between successive additions long enough to get a feel for whether the machine is still free from 0x124 crashes.
Should the crashing resume, obviously the very last software addition(s) may be somehow linked to the root cause.
If stop 0x124 errors persist despite the steps above, and the harware is under warranty, consider returning it and requesting a replacement which does not suffer periodic MCE events.
Be aware that attempting the subsequent harware troubleshooting steps may, in some cases, void your warranty:

8) Clean and carefully remove any dust from the inside of the machine.
Reseat all connectors and memory modules.
Use a can of compressed air to clean out the RAM DIMM sockets as much as possible.

9) If all else fails, start removing items of hardware one-by-one in the hope... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/227067-bsod-windows-nt6-perfmon-attached.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have Windows XP - Home Edition - SP3.

The Windows Performance Monitor (Perfmon) can be accessed either from Start/All Programs/Administrative Tools or by entering perfmon into the Run box. Mine is now not working - all that I get in the graph area is a vertical red line at the extreme left. If I open Add Counters there is nothing under Performance Objects or Counters. I would be grateful for any ideas on how to get it working again.

A:Windows Performance Monitor (Perfmon) not working

I would try running sfc /scannow.

Have you checked to see if your Performance Logs and Alerts service is running?

Startup is Manual, no status reflected on this system...mine works properly.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/265904/windows-performance-monitor-perfmon-not-working/
Relevancy 50.74%

In Windows 7, PerfMon settings can't be changed. All the buttons, dropdowns are disabled (greyed out). Tried "taking ownership" of PerfMon app, changing permissions, but still shows READ_CONTROL and SYNCHRONIZE as enabled. Tried many different approaches but with no success. Any ideas? Need to change PerfMon duration for a QA testing project. Thanks.

A:Need to change settings in Windows 7 PerfMon / interface is disabled

Quote: Originally Posted by Terrence M

In Windows 7, PerfMon settings can't be changed. All the buttons, dropdowns are disabled (greyed out). Tried "taking ownership" of PerfMon app, changing permissions, but still shows READ_CONTROL and SYNCHRONIZE as enabled. Tried many different approaches but with no success. Any ideas? Need to change PerfMon duration for a QA testing project. Thanks.

Welcome to SevenForums Terrence,

| Perfmon.exe | ENTER

Click on the area I've marked in red. You use the Task Scheduler (TaskSchd.msc)

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/186733-need-change-settings-windows-7-perfmon-interface-disabled.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi!
I and my colleagues have a problem with Performance Monitor (Perfmon), and only at
Window 8. 

On the Quality Assurance apartment that I work, we use Perfmon to keep track of memory leaks by logging private bites and handle count for the applications we test.
But when we use windows 8 we always have the same problem.
Perfmon stops logging after 1-3 days. Even if we do no settings at the Stop Conditions or we set Overall duration to 3 weeks.

What do we do wrong? Is it a bug?

Please help, we need to perform stability test at our application on various operative systems.

Thanks!

//Madlene

A:Perfmon stops logging after 1-3 days even duration set to 3 weeks at windows 8.

Hi,
Please try the steps below for test.
To schedule the Stop condition for a Data Collector Set
1.  In Windows Performance Monitor, expand Data Collector Sets and click User Defined .
2.  In the console pane, right-click the name of the Data Collector Set that you want to schedule and click Properties .
3.  Click the Stop Condition tab.
4.  To stop collecting data after a period of time, select overall duration and choose the quantity and units. Note that your overall duration must be longer than the interval at which data is sampled in order to see any data in the report. Do not select
an overall duration if you want to collect data indefinitely.
5.  Use limits to segment data collection into separate logs by selecting When a limit is reached, restart the data collector set . If both limit types are selected, data collection will stop or restart when the first limit is reached.

Select Duration to configure a time period for data collection to write to a single log file.     
Select Maximum Size to restart the Data Collector Set or to stop collecting data when the log file reaches the limit.
Note: If an overall duration is configured, it will override limits.
6.  If you have configured an overall duration, you can select Stop when all data collectors have finished to let all data collectors finish recording the most recent values before the Data Collector Set is stopped.

7.  When finished, click OK .
You can refer to the linke below for more details about Schedule Data Collection in Windows Performance Monitor.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc722312.aspx#BKMK_startRoger Lu
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2d26d167-666e-4b48-9f21-9f3ed498e91b/perfmon-stops-logging-after-13-days-even-duration-set-to-3-weeks-at-windows-8?forum=w8itproperf
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,
Not sure where to create a bug report or to get confirmation that this is a bug so I thought I'd start here.
I've noticed that the values in Perfmon for Process::Virtual Bytes are radically different for a number of processes when running on Windows 10 / Server 2012 than, say, Windows 7.
As an example I'm tracking Virtual Bytes the process Services for both operating systems, and Windows 10 (and Server 2012) is reporting 2,199,069,044,736.000, and Windows 7 is reporting 50,900,992.000. Obviously the machines are processing different
loads but the difference in magnitude of 100,000 seems a little extreme.
I also see the same issue with the processes svchost, WmiPrvSE, Isass, MicrosoftEdgeCP, explorer, MsMpEng, MicrosoftEdge, dwm, csrss, Taskmgr, RuntimeBroker where they're all showing a value of greater than 2,000,000,000,000.
I don't see it, oddly enough, with java, firefox, or system.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1b35453f-df01-407e-bf51-c830be963e3e/perfmon-bug-w-windows-10-server-2012-incorrect-processvirtual-bytes-values?forum=perfmon
Relevancy 43.43%

Hey guys i m having a very bizarre occurrence that I can reproduce any time I wish What s happening is that when I run perfmon Perfmon.exe dwm.exe and exe and right click on the graph area to bring up the context menu any item I click will remain ghosted on the screen This only happens the first time dwm.exe and Perfmon.exe the context menu is opened After that I can click on any menu item without it staying on the screen though the original one still remains The way I can temporarily remove that item from my screen is by restarting dwm exe Desktop window manager However as soon as I open the context menu in perfmon again the same thing happens Repro steps Open perfmon exe Right click in the graph area click quot properties quot or something on the context menu Observe that the quot properties quot label persists on the screen Restart dwm exe Right click in perfmon again Click quot properties quot again Notice that the label is persistent again Any ideas EDIT Forgot to menion Windows Professional x nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dwm-exe-and-perfmon-exe.1050776/
Relevancy 43.43%

I was bored, so I ran a few tests. I noticed something odd... perfmon tells me I have no antivirus installed, but I do. I have MSE.

The System and Security Action Center reports MSE is up and running, and I opened MSE... it is up-to-date and running in there, but the perfmon doesn't seem to recognize it.

Could any of you who have MSE run a "perfmon /report" and see what yours says?

Thanks

A:Perfmon and MSE

Yeah, it also doesn't report having one with the system health report for MSE. It also has never recognized it for me with Avast with any Win 7 builds I've used up to date.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/15351-perfmon-mse.html
Relevancy 43%

how can i fix .dll problems on my laptop without cd or usb device

Relevancy 43%

Trying to run perfmon in order to post necessary info to get assistance.

Full thread here: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...ml#post1980194

Any guidance on how to proceed?

A:Can't run perfmon report

PS - if you can't run perfmon after all this, just post about it after everything else is fixed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/237460-cant-run-perfmon-report.html
Relevancy 43%

I was reading some MS knowledgebase articles in preparing to run perfmon to locate a bottleneck. What I'd like to know is if I should log certain counters for a while, then stop those and log different counters, then stop those and log another set of counters, etc. In other words, should I log memory counters first, then disk counters, then network counters, etc. or can I just log them all at the same time? Even if I can, will it make deciphering the information that much more difficult with all of those counters being logged at the same time? Any help would be appreciated.

A:Perfmon question...

You should consider monitoring some local and some remote. the main thing is monitor the network performance counters local and the other remote. you can log all the counters on the remote at the same time. you can always filter in the report mode those counters you do not want to display.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/perfmon-question.43559/
Relevancy 43%

Anyone, who knows how to disable Perfmon in Vista ?????

I do not need this and it takes to many resources.

Thanks, if ever.....

Jeff

A:how to disable Perfmon...

Dou you have installed SP1? -If not install it,apart of it install all available hotfixes.See here:The Perfmon.exe process may continuously start and stop when you click the "Resource Monitor" button on a Windows Vista-based computer

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/197194-how-disable-perfmon.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi Everybody,
I am little bit comfortable in using perfmon to monitor an app like wmplayer,cccleaner etc...
I have a doubt, when it come to monitoring my app, my app is bascially a batch file which in-turn invokes java and java makes call to JNI methods in a dll.
Now my doubt is if i monitor only the cmd prompt will it also mointor all those apps that are invoked by cmd and its children ?[i mean if i monitor cmd prompt will it also log the performance of java and the dll too??]

A:doubt in using perfmon for my app

Java applications can also hook to the Performance Monitor and log crucial statistics such as open database connections, or sessions over time, that later can be analysed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/doubt-in-using-perfmon-for-my-app.922962/
Relevancy 43%

When I try to generate the report it's telling me the interface is unknown! Any ideas? Thanks

A:perfmon /report

Quote: Originally Posted by seth500

When I try to generate the report it's telling me the interface is unknown! Any ideas? Thanks

Can you please describe in more detail exactly what steps you're going through to try and produce a report?

Maybe a screenshot or two to show where you are when finally push the last button that results in your "interface is unknown"?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/178186-perfmon-report.html
Relevancy 43%

I was trying to run perfmon /report. The status always showed "collecting data for 60 seconds" without further progress for 10+ min, and I assumed it just didn't work.
I was logged on as a domain user in my office but I had the admin privilege on this computer. Is it the reason perfmon didn't work? Would the report be the same if I was logged on the same machine as a local admin account?
Thanks!!!

A:perfmon questions

I assume you are running it as part of the BSOD Posting instructions. In that case, if it is hanging then just upload the files you do have to this thread. It is not the main piece of information that we require, simply useful depending on the type of error you are getting.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/122021-perfmon-questions.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi

It was suggested on another forum that I ask this question over here.  I just wanted to confirm if the behavior I am seeing with perfmon is correct.

I have created a trace file on a Windows Server 2012R2 machine, if I view the blg file on a Windows 7 machine I see a different set of averages to those seen if I view the same blg file on the server it was created on.  Is this the correct behavior when
opening a blg file created using a newer version of perfmon on an older version of perfmon?

Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/026625a7-947b-45a0-9e59-74f1a9e65f11/perfmon-question?forum=perfmon
Relevancy 43%

I am having some problem with my Win 7.
some processes stops responding for a very short time and starts running again.
the only proof to show that is in resource monitor.

It is unstable(it switches b/w running and not responding)

Regards
&y....

A:perfmon.exe unstable

Try a system restore
System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/120565-perfmon-exe-unstable.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Where to begin After fixing a few driver errors last time around the system went into a bsod spiral and we formatted and started from scratch again this is a brand new system At new install we updated all the drivers that caused errors before Ended up with the NET error that caused a few dll files not to update and replaced the non-updated dll's with the new ones Installed errors perfmon BSOD, & other Microsoft Security Essentials and had an insane number of errors which worked fine system and all until it tried to update itself after the system being off overnight and a few BSOD screens before uninstalling it to a semi- more stable system Tried AVGaurd for the BSOD, perfmon & other errors anti-virus and it would install in safe mode not in a regular start up but we ended up having similar problems to the MSE install so we uninstalled Used CCleaner to clean up the registry leftovers each time Windows update errors included error image in zip Perfmon report will work properly one out of every - reboots When it does we have a short window to try and save the file before it errors We've ran both the Memtest passes with no errors and HD diagnostics with no errors Ran chkdsk as well and found no errors When trying to run sfc scannow it causes an error and closes without finishing occasionally causing a bsod Going into try and repair windows at boot the repair disc we made just after updating all the drivers won't work It will boot and bring us to the point where we can repair from an image we made but it says none is on the disc Our other computer the one I am on recognizes the disc for what it is and it does have the image It also says that windows is installed on the D drive and not the C drive when using either the repair cd or the windows cd itself In the perfmon report we see it bring up three issues initially It can't find a USB driver which is odd since all the USBs work fine and can't find an anti-virus duh and the user access control is disabled another duh After we thought we fixed the main problem from the NET last night we did clear out the bsod dump files so only have the most recent ones attached In other words HELP I am at my wits end on this System Info Windows Professional -bit AMD Phenom II X T Asus Crosshair IV Extreme gb gb x OCZ DDR Sapphire Radeon HD GB DDR WD Caviar Black TB MB Cache Silverstone ST W PS

A:BSOD, perfmon & other errors

Someone wil analyse your dumb files and will be able to provide more assistance. Your issue seem to be

You should try to run memtest for at least 10 passes just to make sure another time.

Also, make sure all yours drivers are up to date. This also mean drivers for your Mobo such as chipset. Hopefully you'll get more assistance soon. I've read your problem and I have difficulty to identify the cause of the crash.

Did you tried the ultimate solution of formating your HD ? It's a boring process and certainly an annoying one, but sometimes it can save many more hours of headache and stress.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/123989-bsod-perfmon-other-errors.html
Relevancy 42.57%

PerfMon060515.zip   45.24KB
  1 downloads
 SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip   1.73MB
  2 downloads

A:SysNativeFileCollectionApp/PerfMon zips

Could you please provide the rest of the information that we asked for:

· OS - Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista ?· x86 (32-bit) or x64 ?· What was original installed OS on system?· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)?· Age of system (hardware)· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS?· CPU· Video Card· MotherBoard - (if NOT a laptop)· Power Supply - brand & wattage (skip if laptop)· System Manufacturer· Exact model number (if laptop, check label on bottom)· Laptop or Desktop?

And perform the tests suggested in Step 6 - While waiting for a reply.
Here's the link:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/: 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578572/sysnativefilecollectionappperfmon-zips/
Relevancy 42.57%

Whether you have an AV installed and running or not if you run from an Admin prompt:
C:\Windows\System32\perfmon.exe /report
it will report that no AV is installed (??) even if Protection Center says it is!

http://www.pctunerup.com/up/results/...5_Immagine.jpg
http://www.pctunerup.com/up/results/..._Immagine2.jpg

It is a bug in Perfmon.exe. Securty center correctly reports the AV is installed.
I've tested this with 2-3 AVs, including Nor**n 2009 and it does always the same.
It's clearly a bug in this Vista's component.

EDIT: please read the full thread. It's a bug in some AVs installation as they forget to register some infos and not a bug in Perfmon.

A:No AV installed for Vista (perfmon.exe bug!)

Hi hexae,

This is strange. I have executed the command like you have, and this is my result:
Security Center

PerfMon

As you can see, there are no problems here.
What is puzzling from your post is the fact that in the Security Center Automatic updating is shown in yellow whereas in PerfMon Anti-Virus Information is showing red. I can understand the former being yellow as you can configure Automatic Updating to just notify you of any updates. I would be concerned at your Ant-Virus Information. The fact that you are getting different results for this category from Security Center and PerfMon would seem to indicate that your AV is not integrating correctly with Vista. I notice from your post that you mention Norton. I used this myself a couple of years ago when Vista first came out and was very disappointed with it. Even on clean installs, with everything done in exactly the same order, I would get different results. I came to the conclusion that, although it said it was Vista compatible, it clearly wasn't. Since then, I have used Kaspersky and have had no problems. Sometimes, the red warning shield appears after it has done the first update when I first boot up my system for the day, but that resolves itself when I reboot. This is just an indication that certain files have been updated and that they cannot be used until the system has been restarted, much as in the same way you sometimes get from Windows Update.

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/202136-no-av-installed-vista-perfmon-exe-bug.html
Relevancy 42.57%

OS - Windows Ultimate x - x What was original installed OS on system Custom built system and I have installed both Vista and Win not simultaneously though Only as troubleshooting measure OS please you Thank BSOD + PERFMON assist, is Retail Age of system hardware less than months Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS weeks CPU is a AMD phenom II X Video card is EVGA brand GTS Power supply BSOD + PERFMON please assist, Thank you is Coolermaster Watts I have received so many different BSOD's I have no idea BSOD + PERFMON please assist, Thank you what BSOD + PERFMON please assist, Thank you is what anymore However since I disabled Firewire in BIOS I only seem to get pagefile errors and one I randomly remember saying afd sys And as I was writing this I crashed again lol P Really hope you can help me Oh and by the way I was running your program as administrator as you said but I force terminated the program after it had been writing waiting for system info for like minutes Tried to get the program to finish itself like times but it wont terminate itself apparently If you need any other info I'll get it asap - Thanks Emil

A:BSOD + PERFMON please assist, Thank you

forgot to add that motherboard is a Gigabyte MA770T-UD3

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-perfmon-please-assist-thank-you-562528.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello all I have a Home In Working Not Perfmon Xp little software Perfmon In Xp Home Not Working problem that I cant seem Perfmon In Xp Home Not Working to find answers to or help with anywhere I have XP Home I re-installed XP many times trying to fiqure out where the problem starts from I should mention that my computer runs very good and is stable My problem is running the performance monitor It works until I install People PC The tell me Windows is the problem I have installed w sp w sp and without service packs The problem only surfaces when I install my dial up software to get on the Internet Perfmon quits working It does not freeze it just does not work I have tried w services at default and all on I am getting Event ID and perfnet unable to open the server service I quot think quot I get this error when perfmon is working also I have turned on the server service and perfmon still is frozen I have removed and then added the counters and tried creating a custom MMC Still no results I have used the Extensible Counter to disable the perfNet dll I can not rest until I fiqure this out There is not alot of resources for performance monitor on the Internet Thank you kindly

A:Perfmon In Xp Home Not Working

Seems like an issue with People PC rather than a perfmon issue to me. I'd check their website for info (I couldn't get in without registering).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/90720/perfmon-in-xp-home-not-working/
Relevancy 42.57%

output and perfmon.html are inside the zip.

A:bsod output/perfmon

Recommendations: Crashes point primarily to a hard drive related problem. This could mean hard disk corruption, bad sectors, a failing hard disk, Windows files or registry corruption, viruses, or memory problems. If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

Run Disk Check with both boxes checked for all HDDs. Post back your logs for the checks after finding them using Event Viewer. In Event Viewer, expand Windows Logs, click Application to let it load, right click Application and click Find.... Search for chkdsk or wininit to find the logs.
For any drives that do not give the message: Windows has checked the file system and found no problemsrun disk check again as above. In other words, if it says: Windows has made corrections to the file systemafter running the disk check, run the disk check again.

Run all Basic tests with SeaTools: S.M.A.R.T. Check, Short Drive Self Test, Drive Information, Short Generic, and Long Generic. Run the tests for all HDDs. SeaTools for Windows

SeaTools for DOS
Run a system file check to check Windows for corruption:Click Start Menu
Click All Programs
Click Accessories
Right click Command Prompt
Click Run as administrator
Type the following command and press Enter.

Code:
sfc /scannow

Once it is complete, make note of the message. If it says Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations., restart your computer and post back
If the message does not say Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations., restart your computer and do steps 1-6 again.
You may need to do steps 1-6 up to three times with a restart in between each run to resolve all corrupted files.
If you still have corrupted files after a fourth run, post back here with the following:Click Start Menu
Click Computer
Open your C: drive
Open Windows
Open Logs
Open CBS
Copy and paste CBS.log or CBS (it may not have the log extension) to a location you will remember.
Compress (zip) the CBS file and attach the .zip file to your next post.
Download and install Malwarebytes, update it, do not start the free trial, and then run a full scan. Also run a full scan with your antivirus software installed on your system. If you do not have antivirus software installed, I recommend:Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows coupled with Malwarebytes. Do not start the free trial of Malwarebytes. Just use the standalone version, update it, and scan your computer once a week with Malwarebytes and with Microsoft Security Essentials.
Make sure to update the security software before running the full scan.

Run Memtest86+ for at least 7-10 passes. It may take up to 22 passes to find errors. You should also run it once when the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then run it again once the system has been off for a few hours and is cold.

I also recommend you update/replace/remove the following drivers:

hamachi.sys Thu Feb 19 03:36:41 2009 (499D3639)
LogMeIn Hamachi Virtual network interface driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=hamachi.sys

To remove drivers, do so by uninstalling the device or software associated with the driver. Devices can be uninstalled through ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-output-perfmon-671750.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi,
I have a feeling that simply because I can't find any information is the answer itself. We've been doing some small scale performance testing in a Windows 2008 environment and need to move these tests into a production environment. Is there any statistics
on how much resources perfmon uses when running a short term (5 minutes) scan? I imagine its minimal if any but need to back this up for management.

Thanks - Don

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e64549b3-306d-4d90-93c1-b5a8cd77faf3/perfmon-memory-and-cpu-requirements?forum=perfmon
Relevancy 42.57%

Even if I go from the "real administrator account" and uncheck "sample automatically" from the Performance monitor properties, if I close it, then open it, the checkbox is checked again!! I get the feeling it doesn't want to let me disable it. I'm getting a HD LED pulse every second like a clock. This could be the cause. Anyone know how to turn this off? If I go into Services applet the performance and notifications service is on Manual and not running, so that's not it.

A:Perfmon won't disable sampling

It is not Performance Monitor...It is only active when you are actually running it. Or when a task is setup to fire it when you created an alert. Sample Automatically is for the graph to auto refresh.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/43488-perfmon-wont-disable-sampling.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello all!!!
I have already read a few other threads pertaining to this but it has not helped me.
My performance monitor always samples at beginning of when I wake the computer. I have tried multiple things but nothing. I have even "unchecked" sampling but it comes back up again.
Im sure one of you really smart have heard of this problem.

Other than that, I LOVE my windows 7!!

Thanks again!!

A:Perfmon will not stop sampling.

You mean it loads at startup? Uncheck it using msconfig or autoruns.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/62519-perfmon-will-not-stop-sampling.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I have been getting the BSOD off and on for a while now. I followed the steps posted by jcgriff2. Everything is attached. I have Vista. When I purchased my pc from a retailer in 2007 I also bought the upgrade software to Vista Ultimate. OS 32-bit. Please help!

A:BSOD/ Perfmon Report

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\richc46\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp17_Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2[1].zip\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2\Mini010511-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available
Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows Server 2008/Windows Vista Kernel Version 6002 (Service Pack 2) MP (2 procs) Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 6002.18267.x86fre.vistasp2_gdr.100608-0458
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0x82005000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x8211cc70
Debug session time: Wed Jan 5 19:25:07.047 2011 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 7 days 2:40:53.245
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.
BugCheck BE, {9de147b7, 8cc6f121, f5480484, b}
Probably caused by : RDPDD.dll ( RDPDD!SBCCacheBits+221 )
Followup: MachineOwner
---------
0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *
ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY (be)
An attempt was made to write to readonly memory. The guilty driver is on the
stack trace (and is typically the current instruction pointer).
When possible, the guilty driver's name (Unicode string) is printed on
the bugcheck screen and saved in KiBugCheckDriver.
Arguments:
Arg1: 9de147b7, Virtual address for the attempted write.
Arg2: 8cc6f121, PTE contents.
Arg3: f5480484, (reserved)
Arg4: 0000000b, (reserved)
Debugging Details:
------------------

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xBE
PROCESS_NAME: iexplore.exe
CURRENT_IRQL: 0
TRAP_FRAME: f5480484 -- (.trap 0xfffffffff5480484)
ErrCode = 00000003
eax=f548055c ebx=00000040 ecx=ff4237e9 edx=00000084 esi=ff4237cc edi=ff419010
eip=9e9ded29 esp=f54804f8 ebp=f5480534 iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na po nc
cs=0008 ss=0010 ds=0023 es=0023 fs=0030 gs=0000 efl=00010202
RDPDD!SBCCacheBits+0x221:
9e9ded29 833d600f9f9e04 cmp dword ptr [RDPDD!SbcContext+0x18 (9e9f0f60)],4 ds:0023:9e9f0f60=????????
Resetting default scope
LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 82052dd4 to 8209d38d
STACK_TEXT:
f548046c 82052dd4 00000001 9de147b7 00000000 nt!MmAccessFault+0x10a
f548046c 9e9ded29 00000001 9de147b7 00000000 nt!KiTrap0E+0xdc
f5480534 9e9df69e fda20010 ff42a880 fdb720a0 RDPDD!SBCCacheBits+0x221
f54805c4 9e9da066 fda20010 f5480994 00480978 RDPDD!SBC_CacheBitmapTile+0x1aa
f5480910 9e9da28a fda20010 00000084 00000240 RDPDD!OETileBitBltOrder+0x162
f5480938 9e9d3e95 00000000 f548099c f5480978 RDPDD!OEEncodeMemBlt+0x100
f54809dc 9e7177e8 ff4a1b20 fd107ab0 00000000 RDPDD!DrvStretchBlt+0x2e5
f5480a78 9e7173ae ff4a1b20 fd107ab0 00000000 win32k!EngStretchBltROP+0x3ad
f5480b60 9e7822c5 00000000 9e71743b 00000000 win32k!BLTRECORD::bStretch+0x42e
f5480cd0 9e78245a 31010da4 00000001 00000001 win32k!GreStretchBltIn... Read more

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/287520-bsod-perfmon-report.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,

I understand from the article that Pefmon report usually takes 60-90 sec to generate the report. What if I want to see report that last 6 hours? How do we do that?
http://blogs.technet.com/b/askperf/archive/2008/05/02/two-minute-drill-system-diagnostics-report.aspx

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c2af6643-ee6d-40e0-a947-0cbeec441920/how-to-generate-perfmon-report-for-6-hours?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 42.14%

I'm testing out using a virtual ramdisk as a readyboost removable media. I reload the saved image at logon so data is persistent. In perfmon I can tell where its read from the readyboost cache vs disk. So far it looks promising. Is there a counter in perfmon that displays the process names with cpu usage? Because i go into my log and there's no way of telling what i was doing at that time. If i know this then i can learn what actions readyboost helps with. That's as far I have gone into observing if readyboost can help improve my system. I am hoping some other people have tried testing this out and can share what they did.

A:Virtual ramdisk with readyboost, perfmon

This has been tested by others before, mostly with Vista though. The general conclusions have been that it doesn't offer any significant amount of system performance improvement.

My understanding is that ReadyBoost is somewhat similar to a paging system, only instead of using slower traditional HDDs, it's designed for somewhat faster removable media storage devices, and/or perhaps as a kind of alternative to SuperFetch. (ReadyBoost - Windows 7 features - Microsoft Windows "ReadyBoost is designed to help when your PC's memory is running low. Low memory can make your computer sluggish because Windows, which needs a place to stash data, turns to the hard drive. Flash memory offers a speedier alternative.") The main advantage comes only from using ReadyBoost with systems that don't have sufficient RAM. If you have more than enough RAM, considering you have enough extra to make a RAM drive, then you likely won't get much if any system performance improvement by using ReadyBoost, even though you are using it on the much faster RAM drive.

You might try using the RAM drive for temp files, browser cache, paging space on 32 bit systems that can't otherwise use the extra RAM, and for temporarily storing files and running programs that are frequently read from and written to (such as games that often load new areas, or video/audio/photo editing programs and files.)

Also, keep in mind that Windows 7 does a better job of proactively using available RAM with features such as SuperFetch.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/235537-virtual-ramdisk-readyboost-perfmon.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I'm a newbie IT tech BSOD Not functioning Crash Perfmon at a small company and one of our computers has been crashing multiple times a day for the past few days or longer I'm not sure There isn't any specific trigger that we've noticed I found the BSOD instructional thread and used the jcgriff utility but I'm unable to do a performance monitor as it fails with this Error An error occured while BSOD Crash Perfmon Not functioning attempting BSOD Crash Perfmon Not functioning to generate the report The wait BSOD Crash Perfmon Not functioning for the report generation tool to finish has timed out I've tried several of the Microsoft website's troubleshooting tips for this issue but without any luck The sfc scannow didn't find any errors and I was still receiving the error on a clean boot I do have the jcgriff log attached though Is it possible to find anything out without the perfmon report If not do you have any other troubleshooting tips for that It always seems like you have to fix something else before you can fix the thing you are trying to fix -Windows Laptop - -bit -OEM as far as I know I wasn't around when it was purchased -No re-installations to my knowledge -Intel core i -Integrated Graphics and ATI Radeon GPU -HP ProBook s

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-crash-perfmon-not-functioning-751553.html
Relevancy 42.14%

How would you run Perfmon with elevated rights (RAA) and with run as another user? I need to run perfmon to check performance on a server as a different user which my local account does not have rights…

A:Run Perfmon with elevated rights (RAA) and run as another user?

If you want right to do such a thing you should ask your administrator in charge of that server. Administrators password protect such things so local users can't use them. If that is the case I can't help you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/111211-run-perfmon-elevated-rights-raa-run-another-user.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello Experts,
I need to know about the important counters that are instrumental in detection server network bandwidth anomaly,
Also which perfmon paremeters are important when it comes to monitoring RRAS [VPN Servers] performance.
Thanks
Frank

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8ae9246e-cd00-493f-9110-c1eaf8779d93/perfmon-counters-for-network-and-vpn-servers?forum=perfmon
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi all,

I'm brand new here, and I'm trying to find answers to the very frequent BSODs occurences on my laptop. Hence I ended up here .

I have followed the BSOD posting instructions in the main thread, but for some reason unable to save the perfmon file as html. All I get is a blank screen.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 42.14%

In past versions I recollect using a faster than 1 sec sample rate for Performance Monitor. It was done under Perfmon properties->General->Graph Elements, and you'd set "Sample every" to 0.5 seconds or so.

On Win7 this no longer works and the UI only permits 1 sec minimum sample rate.

Does anyone remember this or know when this changed? Is there any way to get a faster sample rate?

A:Perfmon max sample rate no longer < 1 sec?

I don't believe it has been possible to specify an update interval less than 1 second since NT 4. I know it doesn't work in Windows 2000 or XP. I am not aware of any way of changing this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/362524-perfmon-max-sample-rate-no-longer-1-sec.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi to all I am receiving a BSOD I run problem: BSOD Cannot report perfmon tried to post in another forum as it was not allowing me to access this one I saw the instructions we need to BSOD problem: Cannot run perfmon report do to post in order for you guys BSOD problem: Cannot run perfmon report to diagnose our problem However when i attempt to run perfmon report i get a message saying an error has occurred while attempting to generate report I am running the computer in Safe Mode as it is the only way I can run it Is there any other way I can go about doing the needed steps so you guys can help me because i am not sure why that report is not running Other than the needed reports i can tell you that I am running Windows Service Pack on a Toshiba Qosmio x Intel Core i - QM CPU -GHz GHz GB memory bit operating system My last BSOD said the following IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL x a fffff f cf fffff f cf Caused by driver ntoskrnl exe

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-problem-cannot-run-perfmon-report-1158465.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello all, this is my 1st post.
I setup perfmon to produce .csv output and it works well except date format is wrong. eg perfmon run on January 5th 2014 shows date as May 1st 2014. I am in Australia so my PC is set to dd/mm/yyyy format. Does anyone know how to control date format in perfmon .csv output ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/perfmon-csv-output-date-formats.1116851/
Relevancy 42.14%

I tried to follow the BSOD Posting Instructions but when I try to run a system health report (PERFMON) I get the message:
Error:
An error occured while attempting to generate the report.
The system cannot find the path specified.

My computer keeps blue screening on start up after entering my password. I dont know what to do and I really cant afford a new laptop

Please help!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/run-a-system-health-report-perfmon-help-1032753.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I am attempting to upload a BSOD case to get reviewed here but I am being prompted by the perfmon /report function to insert the last disk of the multi-volume set.

What does this mean?

A:BSOD - Perfmon /report problems.

An alternative method re uploading the DMP's only...

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/215880-bsod-perfmon-report-problems.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi I'd like to follow the instructions running perfmon questions unattended general - at http blogs running perfmon unattended - general questions technet com b askpfeplat archive taming-perfmon-data-collector-sets aspx to look for spikes in I O and cpu on one of our servers between pm and about am daily until a certain even happens nbsp And then I'll probably turn it off nbsp nbsp That article is written to some extent with the assumption that the reader has seen perfmon before nbsp Can the community tell me if one of the things i'll get is some sort of graph or a set of data points that helps me to spot I o and cpu spikes during that interval nbsp What file will have that nbsp And what will I open it with And what are the chances that nbsp any of the files created get so large while I'm asleep that I lose my job the next morning nbsp Will info be written to the same files day etc or will each quot startup quot create a new set of files for the new day Finally do I want my perfmon data collector to be started or stopped before first scheduled run time rolls around

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9319d268-5894-4b2f-914b-1e694236a696/running-perfmon-unattended-general-questions?forum=perfmon
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi Got the dreaded but not unknown Windows Blue Screen of Death in Win Pro It screen Blue wont perfmon save - came about because - From hibernated state I reboot - no info comes up on screen black screen Red light on boot hard drive is constantly illuminated indicating it is working Cant confirm that Blue screen - perfmon wont save though as no info came up on screen Reboot Starts normally Blue screen of death Rebooted - it worked normally Came here SevenForums Followed instructions for Blue Screen report Tried to copy Windows NT BSOD jcgriff through Notepad - 'no response quot cancelled This report is not in boot drive C but another drive Followed instructions - searched for Perfmon report - no response Here we are The inability to noot normally from hibernation has happed a few times in the past two days Blue screen - perfmon wont save Have tried System restore points several times to no avail Hmmm very dissapointing since I've only had Win aboard for a few weeks Couldnt bare another XP lookalike Any ideas thx

A:Blue screen - perfmon wont save

At a minimum, please do this:

Quote:
Upload Dump Files:
Please go to C:\Windows\Minidump and zip up the contents of the folder. Then upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Left click on the first minidump file.
Hold down the "Shift" key and left click on the last minidump file.
Right click on the blue highlighted area and select "Send to"
Select "Compressed (zipped) folder" and note where the folder is saved.
Upload that .zip file with your next post.

If you have issues with "Access Denied" errors, try copying the files to your desktop and zipping them up from there. If it still won't let you zip them up, post back for further advice.

If you don't have anything in that folder, please check in C:\Windows for a file named MEMORY.DMP. If you find it, zip it up and upload it to a free file hosting service . I recommend Windows Live SkyDrive - http://skydrive.live.com or another free, file-hosting service. Then post the link to it in your topic so that we can download it.

Then, follow the directions here to set your system for Minidumps (much smaller than the MEMORY.DMP file): Set MiniDump

MSINFO32:
Please go to Start and type in "msinfo32.exe" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Save the report as an .nfo file, then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.

If you're having difficulties with the format, please open an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt and type "msinfo32 /nfo C:\Users\Public\Desktop\TEST.NFO" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Then navigate to the C:\Users\Public\Desktop directory to retrieve the TEST.NFO file. If you have difficulties with making this work, please post back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/113120-blue-screen-perfmon-wont-save.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I am unable to save as HTNL file. It does not give me the option when I click on file. When I click on it, it only gives the option for disk cleanup. Would like help so I can upload what is required. Thanks.

A:Having issues with BSOD file -perfmon/report

It is important we have the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

Try this way...

> Firstly make sure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

Upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/200063-having-issues-bsod-file-perfmon-report.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi all,

I'm getting constand BSODs on my PC, it's stopped me playing games and ocassionally happens whilst running other applications. I am running a custom built PC (see details below) which is normally overclocked but I have removed that to try and stop the BSODs to no avail. If anyone could help it would be much appreciated. As I said, it mainly happens whilst gaming, but occasionally whilst using normal applications. Attached is the ZIP file and the PERFMON html file within.

Thanks

? OS - Windows 7 x64 (originally installed on PC when it came).
? Age of system- hardware was bought less than 18 months ago

? CPU: Core i5 2500K 6MB Cache Socket 1155
? Video Card: Radeon HD6970 2GB GDDR5 PCI Express Graphics Card
? MotherBoard: Asus P8P67 Intel P67 (Socket 1155) Motherboard
? Power Supply: Corsair CX600 600W Power Supply

A:Constant BSODs (mainly 0xA0000001) - zip and perfmon attached

AsIO.sys Mon Aug 3 03:03:16 2009 (4A768BB4) Asus PCProbe Utility
AsUpIO.sys Sun Jul 5 22:21:38 2009 (4A515FB2) ASUS hardware monitoring software related'
Both are part of the ASUS AI Suite II under utilities on the D/L page> ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P8H67

A couple of other things to note
There are several bios update to improve stability of the board on the asus site you are running 1503 and the latest is 3604.

It appears you are running the Version 1 board that was recalled for defective sata controllers.> Intel? 6 Series Chipset &mdash; Chipset circuit design issue identified

The single dump file (check C:\windows\minidump to be sure there are not more.) shows atikmdag.sys (ati display driver) as the faulting driver, if the driver updates above don't clear it up try removing and reinstalling the video drivers.

HTML Code:
**************************Thu Sep 27 14:50:59.163 2012 (UTC - 4:00)**************************

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\Bsodapps\092712-24039-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: c:/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7601.17835.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`03210000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`03454670
Debug session time: Thu Sep 27 14:50:59.163 2012 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:25:06.365
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck A0000001, {5, 0, 0, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for win32k.sys -
Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+22362 )

---------

0: kd> kd: Reading initial command '!analyze -v; !sysinfo cpuspeed; !sysinfo SMBIOS; lmtsmn; q'
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Unknown bugcheck code (a0000001)
Unknown bugcheck description
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000005
Arg2: 0000000000000000
Arg3: 0000000000000000
Arg4: 0000000000000000

Debugging Details:
------------------

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA0000001

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: b

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff88005a8e362 to fffff8000328f1c0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff800`05517508 fffff880`05a8e362 : 00000000`a0000001 00000000`00000005 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeB... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/constant-bsods-mainly-0xa0000001-zip-and-perfmon-attached-668031.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello,

Been following the BSOD posting instructions, I downloaded the Sysnative BSOD Dump + System File Collection App and it run just fine and created the zip, but when I try to run the PERFMON System Health Report (I'm using Windows 8.1) I keep getting an error message that says:

Error:

An error occured while attempting to generate the report.

The operator or administrator has refused the request.

Help anyone?

A:PERFMON System Health Report ***ERROR***

Just submit the Sysnative report. Don't worry about Perfmon for now
Sent from my phone

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/615501/perfmon-system-health-report-error/
Relevancy 41.71%

OS - Windows Pro with Media Center x Original OS - Windows Full retail version Age of system hardware - years Age of OS installation - months Have you re-installed the OS No CPU - Intel reg Core i - U CPU GHz GHz Video Card - Hanging /report refused and perfmon laptop Intel reg HD Graphics System Manufacturer - Samsung Exact model number if laptop check label on bottom - NP R E-A UB Laptop or Desktop Laptop Additional Info I have accounts on this laptop an Admin account and a standard user account I sign in with the Standard Account via Microsoft login and use the Admin password when I need to Hanging laptop and refused perfmon /report access admin functions I rarely sign in with Admin account except in situations like this I have recently been experiencing extreme slowness and hanging for example mouse will track but neither right or left click will register or takes so long to register I receive and error message screen is extremely slow to change upon Hanging laptop and refused perfmon /report powerup bootup screen will go black with no error messages I have recently deleted multiple applications I have run Malwarebytes and ADWCleaner and they identified and cleaned PUPs only I'll provide report files if needed As next step I cam to bleepingcomputer and followed BSOD reporting protocol signed in Hanging laptop and refused perfmon /report using my Admin account The SysnativeFileCollectionApp zip is attached but when I went to run perform report from the elevated Command Prompt I received this error message Error An error occured while attempting to generate the report The operator or administrator has refused the request I apologize if I'm am simply missing something very basic here but I'm not sure what to do next Jim nbsp SysnativeFileCollectionApp zip nbsp nbsp MB nbsp nbsp downloads

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607717/hanging-laptop-and-refused-perfmon-report/
Relevancy 41.71%

Sorry for my files - TSF&Perfmon w7 screen 64bits Blue english its far from perfect first of all thank you for your consideration and your great forum i'v just discovered Blue screen w7 64bits - TSF&Perfmon files today Looks very serious and the tools and tutorials looks powerfull too I'm another quot blue screen guy quot Windows utlimate bits E Gigs To Raid ati radeon Wifi pci card Ovislink Computer is used for video editing internet and somtimes gaming Blue screen generally happens Blue screen w7 64bits - TSF&Perfmon files when internet traffic is high with many connections i'm about to run a long memtest i'll be back in a moment for check it out I've already downclocked my ram from Mhz to Mhz It looks like minimizing blue screens but it still happens less often than before i've checked my wifi drivers because it looks like there's a problem within W x and Ralink chipset's wifi pci cards gt unsucceded but when i go wired internet without wifi looks like blue screen happens less often too i'll hope all these informations could be helpfull thanks a lot

A:Blue screen w7 64bits - TSF&Perfmon files

sorry , i didnt found the edit icon.(posts might be uneditable after an hour)

Memtest passed without any errors @800Mhz timings by SPD

usually , i dont wait until the blue screen appears, i hard reboot after a one minute freeze.Thats why there's only 3 memory Dump files.

Hijackthis log file attached too, if it can help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-screen-w7-64bits-tsf-and-perfmon-files-434659.html
Relevancy 41.28%

First of all - hi! I'm new to the forum.

In windows XP perfmon asked every time I wanted to close it if it should save the settings / session. In Windows 7 it says nothing and I see no way to save all the counters I've set up. There is an option to Save Settings but I see no option to load them back. Basically I want Performance Monitor to startup as I left him the last time. Any hints?

A:Performance Monitor perfmon save settings / session

Anyone? I've read the help and the article on MS technet plus few video tutorials and noone even mention the solution.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/24551-performance-monitor-perfmon-save-settings-session.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Windows Ultimate x Wiped Reinstalled Full version - Hardware age years - OS age hours Was happening for a week prior to wipe reinstall - OS pre-wipe age years - (Attached crashes BSOD/Random perfmon/Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2) CPU AMD Phenom Quad-Core Processor Mhz - MB M A -EM-ASUS - Memory GB BSOD/Random crashes (Attached perfmon/Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2) PC - Mhz though running at for some reason - GPU AMD Radeon HD Was using AMD's drivers pre-wipe pc crashed before I got to loading them - I updated my SSD to the latest v OCZ Vertex - Updated BIOS to latest version M A -EM-ASUS- Three hard drives C OCZ Vertex SSD GB D previously K WD SATA GB L WD BSOD/Random crashes (Attached perfmon/Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2) IDE GB I Have not added anything new to system recently I ran a system scan C Users keith gt sfc verifyonly Beginning system scan This process will take some time Beginning verification phase of system scan Verification complete Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations I tested the memory stick at a time with Windows Memory Diagnostic -- burned iso to cd and booted into it I ran the jcgriff BSOD collector the perfmon report zipped them up and attached it to this thread I appreciate any help I can get on this

A:BSOD/Random crashes (Attached perfmon/Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2)

I moved my tower and monitor to a different power strip and outlet. Since then, I have received zero crashes or bsods. I will continue to test.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/241747-bsod-random-crashes-attached-perfmon-windows_nt6_bsod_jcgriff2.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I have a HP 630 notebook with win7 Ultimate 64 bit.When I tried to generate a system health report I am getting a time out error. So I went through many threads here about this problem but could not find a solution. Finally I made a clean Install and ran the perfmon.exe and found that I could generate the report. But when I installed the recommended driver Atheros Bluetooth driver(64) from HP's site, the report generation failed and gives time out error. My dilemma is that if I uninstall the bluetooth driver I can run system health report but bluetooth will not work. What am I to do to get both?

A:Perfmon.exe /report not generating after installing bluetooth driver

Here's something from the helpfiles

Quote:
You can also create a new report for a data collector set by typing perfmon /report "Data_Collector_Set_name" at a command prompt. Typing perfmon /report without any other parameters will generate the System Diagnostics report.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/244549-perfmon-exe-report-not-generating-after-installing-bluetooth-driver.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Here is my Perfmon report & Sysnativefilecollectionapp.

http://www.filedropper.com/perfmonreport

http://www.filedropper.com/sysnativefilecollectionapp

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/621079/perfmon-report-sysnative-svchostexe-regsvcsexe-trojan/
Relevancy 41.28%

I was wondering if someone could clarify the sampling interval for me.If I were to monitor bytes sent/sec on a nic using performance/system monitor and set the sampling interval to 5 mins. Would the results display:   A. what is going through the nic at that exact time.   B. The average of what has gone through the nic over the last 5 minutes (indicating that it has been keeping track)   C. A running total of what has passed through the nic between the last sample and the next interval.   D. other  (if so, please explain)

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e63b9c3c-18d6-4b3a-a968-5705ff5bfc6b/understanding-perfmon-time-intervaldata-sample?forum=perfmon
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi everyone I have an Acer Aspire z laptop with Vista Home Premium -bit SP I can't seem to get the Performance Monitor function to load correct in the Reliability and Performance initialize also objects Perfmon counters snap-in", cannot no "MMC the error: or monitor If I bring up the R amp P monitor and then click directly Perfmon error: "MMC cannot initialize the snap-in", also no objects or counters on Performance Monitor I get an error message MMC cannot initialize the snap-in However if I select Reliability Monitor first and then click on Performance Monitor I get a blank white graph If I then attempt to add counters via the green sign or a right click the dialog box that comes up is completely devoid of all object and counters Here's what I've tried thus far - Ran sfc scannow which found no file corruption - Verified that Performance Logs and Alerts and Windows Management Instrumentation services are running - Rebuilt performance counter library with lodctr r from admin command prompt and then verified that most of them were actually enabled with lodctr q - Reviewed similar issues on Microsoft website kb kb to no avail - Don't really see any errors in the Event Log Been working on this for days now and I'm about out of ideas so any advice would be kindly appreciated Thanks in advance -Valinote

A:Perfmon error: "MMC cannot initialize the snap-in", also no objects or counters

Just an update. I've trudged through some additional similar threads on various websites and as a result have run the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility, and the System Update Readiness Tool for Vista. Still no luck though. Any thoughts?

-Valinote

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/491245/perfmon-error-mmc-cannot-initialize-the-snap-in-also-no-objects-or-counters/
Relevancy 41.28%

Has anyone seen this error. MS has a wonderful description, "an internal error has occurred". We rebooted this server on Friday and it worked until this morning (Monday) and is back to reporting failure to find the counters in remote Perfmon. The Performance Logs and Alerts service is set to manual and when I attempt to start it, I get the error and the event log is Event 2003 (0x7D23).

This is a production server that cannot just be rebooted regularly.

TIA for any help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server2003-event-2003-perfmon-service-wont-start.752243/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi,

I need to export my collected metrics such as processor, disk, and network utilization. I need to export this data to an html page as a chart (same chart as what I see when I look at performance monitor reports for my custom data collector sets). What is
the recommenced way of getting this accomplished?

Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/47b3bb0f-6619-4803-8138-4118e228910b/export-perfmon-data-as-a-graph-to-an-html-page?forum=perfmon
Relevancy 41.28%

Greetings I recently set up a Perfmon data collector set to monitor two Data folder Collector wipes set contents Perfmon log PCs we use for Data Collection of a R Perfmon Data Collector set log wipes folder contents amp D test system we were occasionally having test system software inexplicably hang and wanted to see if it corresponded with any system event resource utilization etc We selected our test system C Data folder as the save location for the report and let it run After stopping the data collector I went to view the report and found it created a folder for itself Perfmon Data Collector set log wipes folder contents nbsp along the lines of C Data MachineName TimeStamp Etc However it had also deleted every other folder and file within C Data which included all our test data CSV files which were actively being written too by the test software Bummer Is this a normal behavior for Perfmon and I jsut didn't read the fine text closely enough when saving the report It seems like one heck of a bug but I thought I would Perfmon Data Collector set log wipes folder contents see if anyone else had insight into it Thanks for your time Sam

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ab4a6d3d-6da7-4101-b075-dcd068a2c209/perfmon-data-collector-set-log-wipes-folder-contents?forum=perfmon
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi all

Since a couple of month I get an error log message when I launch permon.exe :

Error ID 2001 - Source : Usbperf

Source: UsbperfType: WarningDescription:
Unable to read the "First Counter" value under the usbperf\Performance Key. Status codes returned in data.

Microsoft has published a workaround but it doesn't work on my system :

usbperf Event 2004 is logged in Application log

I have searched many sites onto this subject but all my research led me to nowhere ...

Does someone has a idea to get rid off these annoying message ?

Thank you

A:Error ID 2001 - Usbperf - each time I launch perfmon.exe

The workaround disables that check - so the errors should not be seen in the event log.
I suggest checking the workaround to see if the registry entry exists as it is suggested in the article:

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\usbhub\Performance]

3. On the Edit menu, click Add Value, and then add the following registry value:

Value name: Disable Performance Counters
Data type: REG_DWORD
Radix: Decimal
Value data: 1

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/232362-error-id-2001-usbperf-each-time-i-launch-perfmon-exe.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello.. I made this post some time ago:
http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ml#post2364011

I thought it would fix my problem by replacing my rams but it did'nt, i was able to use my computer flawless for a day and then it was all back to BSOD hell..

Nothing in my setup is changed, it will still not finnish a 3dmark vantage test and I cannot play demanding games for very long.

I suspect the motherboard o.O

A:New rams but BSOD when gaming for about 20 to 30 min (TSF_Vista folder + PERFMON.zip)

Try opening your bios screen and select failsafe defaults - then save and exit.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/new-rams-but-bsod-when-gaming-for-about-20-to-30-min-tsf_vista-folder-perfmon-zip-426861.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I am trying to get site specific data for each of the IIS websites running on a win2k server using windows performance monitor. What I have found is that each instance, including the _total are all reporting exactly the same data for "current connections" and "service uptime" and so on.

From what I have read in microsoft documentation you should be able to get individual stats and there is no mention of it reporting duplicate data.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/perfmon-web-service-counter-all-instances-show-the-same-data.499005/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a strange problem on my server 2000 that if the turn
on the Perfmon tool which Microsoft system. And then when I try to query WMI data, both the 'PercentIdelTime' in Win32_perfRawData_PerfDisk_PhysicalDisk would go up to 100%

Name

PercentDiskTime

PercentDiskTime_Base

PercentIdleTime

PercentIdleTime_Base

PercentDiskTime

PercentIdleTime

_Total

NX ? N0 / D1 ? D0

_Total

_Total

_Total

But after I turn off the Perfmon tool, it will back to noram...

Name

PercentDiskTime

PercentDiskTime_Base

PercentIdleTime

PercentIdleTime_Base

PercentDiskTime

PercentIdleTime

_Total

NX ? N0 / D1 ? D0

_Total

_Total

_Total  

My server has a hyperV service running on it, is there any configuration make the WMI data show instability? Or the Perfmon
tool make some change to the WMI data?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bb1e180b-9ece-4fa8-9f6e-58c382dbce2e/i-have-a-strange-problem-on-my-server-2000-that-if-the-turn-on-the-perfmon-tool?forum=perfmon
Relevancy 40.85%

These files are related to this thread:

Video card crashes entire desktop immediately after power on.

OS Win 7 Home Premium SP1 x64
Previously Win 7 Ultimate x64 (changed for new hdd)
full retail version
~5 years
~2 years
OS installed once with new harddrive

Specs are in profile

Custom build/desktop

Relevancy 40.85%

Hello experts,
I am trying to configure the counter for measuring the network interface bandwidth using perfmon I have configured the counter by adding the network interface->Microsoft Hyper-V Adaptor->Total bytes/sec, now the bandwidth is shown in bytes/sec I want
to measure it in Mbps so where I have make changes, Please advice.
Thanks
Frank

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0205d0cf-c2bd-4e13-92e3-a438793ac6d5/adding-perfmon-counter-for-network-interface-bandwidth-usage?forum=perfmon
Relevancy 40.42%

I would normally think it would prevent it alittle but when i was in performance moniter It was by far the biggest user of the disk. I ask because have to keep this hard drive going until i can afford a new one.

One last thing, when in device manager and the hard drive properties if you turn on write caching and advanced performance could it cause anything bad to happen? (other than loss of data on power outtage)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/178615/i-saw-in-perfmon-that-the-searchindex-was-usingalot-of-the-disk-if-i-turn-it-off-will-that-save-on-wear-and-tear/
Relevancy 40.42%

I'm always crashing Not really when I'm playing a game but when I'm browsing the web or away from the computer I can't figure it out I've ran BlueScreenView and it's said a few things like DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and CRITICAL PROCESS DIED Many of the crashes all seems to have ntoskrnl exe errors in common Also For some reason I can't get the PERFMON report to generate The app keeps hanging and won't allow me to save generate) Blue (Perfmon Report Crash Persisent wont Screen as html It says it only takes seconds but Persisent Blue Screen Crash (Perfmon Report wont generate) I've waited like minutes I want to submit this and the Sysnative report now in case I crash again I will keep trying to generate the PERFMO report to upload as soon as I am able OS - Windows Vista Windows x -bit or x Bit What was original installed OS on system Windows Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased Persisent Blue Screen Crash (Perfmon Report wont generate) it from retailer Retailer Age of system hardware - Years Custom Built Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS Months CPU - i K Video Card - x GTX Classified SLI MotherBoard - MSI z Gaming Power Supply - brand amp wattage - EVGA W System Manufacturer - Custom Exact model Persisent Blue Screen Crash (Perfmon Report wont generate) number N A Laptop or Desktop Desktop

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/621133/persisent-blue-screen-crash-perfmon-report-wont-generate/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello,

I am experiencing BSODs for quite some time and I would appreciate your assistance.

Currently I don't have many ideas about the cause and I will update the title of the post when I know more.

Please find attached my log files.

Regards

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/49110-bluescreen-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi I am new to the forum and have tried to see if my problem has been dealt with already Couldn t find the exact problem Dell Dimension Windows XP Home McAfee Security centre was using internet last night Mozilla Firefox when McAfee reported removing a trojan twice Then got an amber warning window quot registry change detected quot The PC hung after restart windows would not start First black grey screen offering safe mode Did this but got a whole page of code all starting multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS system drivers then each line had a driver name then bluescreen with error message UNMOUNTABLE BOOT PROBLEM STOP x ED x F x x x McAfee have told me they don t think it is malware Can t run security centre though until I can get into Windows I have the Windows XP installation CDROM and have got as far as Recovery Console but not sure which commands to use Can I reinstall Windows XP then get updates If so is this likely to solve the problem Will files on the hard drive still be there after re-installing Hope someone can spare the time to help out Thanks Terry nbsp

A:Windows XP bluescreen

Just seen "sticky" post.
Sorry. Has answered part of my question, thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-bluescreen.713239/
Relevancy 39.56%

ok heres the deal just got a dell inspiron laptop from friend just started my own buisness and thought it would be easier to carry a laptop around with me the problem with it is i turn it on xp loads it goes to the user screen to type password and then goes to a blue screen it wont let me go any further i tried starting it in safe mode i go into the administrators name and it does the same exact thing bluescreen no further the furthest i get on it is in windows bluescreen xp safe mode command prompt ive tried to do the restore in command prompt and it wont let me is there any thing i can do without spending any money or am i def gonna have to spend to get this thing going this is the technical information that it gives me on the blue screen x x xfc ff x beep sys -address fc ff datestamp d windows xp bluescreen f

A:windows xp bluescreen

If you have the installation CD for this computer try using the Recovery Console.b]Note[/b]: You may need to change the boot order in the BIOS so that the CD-ROM is the first device in the boot order to be able to boot from the Windows installation disk.To run the Recovery Console from the Windows XP startup disks or the Windows XP CD-ROM, follow these steps:1. Insert the Windows XP startup disk into the floppy disk drive, or insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive, and then restart the computer.Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD-ROM drive if you are prompted.2. When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console.3. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you must access from the]Recovery Console.4. When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.5. At the command prompt, type chkdsk /r , and then press ENTER. 6. To exit the Recovery Console and restart the computer, type exit at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/200521/windows-xp-bluescreen/
Relevancy 39.56%

Dear Sir,
I have a desktop computer who is Domain member.
While i writing some files to CD drive, i got this blue screen come up:

Attachment 313275

Please help and what is the problem of this?

A:BlueScreen in Windows 7

Hello Bruce, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Please read the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions, and post back with the needed information. One of our BSOD experts should be by later when able to further help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/327996-bluescreen-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I have windows 7 and it said i have the virus named Alureon and its giving me a blue screen i have attached my minidump files and i also had the message
Problem Event:
Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Local ID:1033

PLEASE HELP !
Thank you

A:Need help with BlueScreen windows 7

Hello,
Update your ATI PCIe Motherboard/Chipset - here

Code:
fffff880`011f4000 fffff880`011fc000 AtiPcie AtiPcie.sys Wed May 06 03:00:22 2009 (4A005486)
Update... Toshiba Generic IO & Memory Access - here

Code:
fffff880`026dd000 fffff880`026e7000 QIOMem QIOMem.sys Mon Jun 15 17:58:48 2009 (4A35E318)
Update... TVALZ Filter Driver (Toshiba) - here

Code:
fffff880`02856000 fffff880`0285d000 TVALZFL TVALZFL.sys Fri Jun 19 22:05:44 2009 (4A3B62F8)
Also, run a SFC /SCANNOW

You seem to made another thread similar to this one - read your other thread's reply
Regards...

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck A, {a0001e, 2, 1, fffff80001ea144b}

Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!GreReleaseHmgrSemaphore+29 )

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000a0001e, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000001, bitfield :
bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status)
Arg4: fffff80001ea144b, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------
OVERLAPPED_MODULE: Address regions for 'dump_dumpata' and 'RtsUStor.sys' overlap

WRITE_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800020b90e0
0000000000a0001e

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

FAULTING_IP:
nt!IopCompleteRequest+c88
fffff800`01ea144b 48894108 mov qword ptr [rcx+8],rax

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA

PROCESS_NAME: AtBroker.exe

IRP_ADDRESS: 00000000009fff9e

TRAP_FRAME: fffff88004a3a480 -- (.trap 0xfffff88004a3a480)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=fffffa80033e4c08 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0000000000a00016
rdx=fffffa80033e4cc0 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff80001ea144b rsp=fffff88004a3a610 rbp=0000000000000000
r8=fffffa8005515f40 r9=fffff88004a3a710 r10=0000000000000002
r11=fffffa80054e7830 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz ac pe nc
nt!IopCompleteRequest+0xc88:
fffff800`01ea144b 48894108 mov qword ptr [rcx+8],rax ds:28c8:00000000`00a0001e=????????????????
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80001e80ca9 to fffff80001e81740

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`04a3a338 fffff800`01e80ca9 : 00000000`0000000a 00000000`00a0001e 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000001 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`04a3a340 fffff800`01e7f920 : fffffa80`0550ba50 fffffa80`0550ba50 fffffa80`0550e900 00000000`01400000 : nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69
fffff880`04a3a480 fffff800`01ea144b : 00000000`00000001 fffff800`01e8d772 fffff900`c1a28010 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiPageFault+0x260
fffff880`04a3a610 fffff800`01e5e0c7 : 0... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/147373-need-help-bluescreen-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I have windows 7 and it said i have the virus named Alureon and its giving me a blue screen i have attached my minidump files and i also had the message
Problem Event:

PLEASE HELP !
Thank you

Quote: Originally Posted by Tcomstock2212

Problem Event:

PLEASE HELP !
Thank you

You have two simultaneous anti-virus apps running Avast and AVG

I would remove both and replace with Microsoft Security essentials.
http://files.avast.com/files/eng/aswclear5.exe

AVG - Download tools
http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/147359-need-help-bluescreen-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Operating System Version Windows Xp Pro sp Problem Application Name amp Version unknown Hardware Make amp Model motherboard Asus Fun XP Bluescreen Windows Pro A N X-E Deluxe CPU AMD Athlon XP RAM x Kingston gb DDRAM Video Card NVIDIA GeForce mb RAM Hard Drive Maxtor gb rpm Error Messages I receive blue screen at random times in execution I have replaced everything in the machine at least once including the case The bluescreen errors are as follows Event Type Information Event Source Save Dump Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer ILLIAD- E B DB Description The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The Windows XP Pro Bluescreen Fun bugcheck was x f x x x x A dump was saved in C WINDOWS MEMORY DMP For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer ILLIAD- E B DB Description Error code e parameter c parameter c e parameter f ee ca parameter For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d e Param eters c c c e c f ee c c a Event Type Information Event Source Save Dump Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer ILLIAD- E B DB Description The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x e xc xc e xf ee ca x A dump was saved in C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer ILLIAD- E B DB Description Error code d parameter f f e parameter parameter parameter f f e For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d d Param eters f c f e c c f f e Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer ILLIAD- E B DB Description Error code f parameter parameter parameter parameter For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d f Param eters c c c Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer ILLIAD- E B DB Description Error code e parameter c parameter f e cab parameter f ac parameter f a For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d e Param eters c c f e cab c f ac c f a Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer ILLIAD- E B DB Description Error code d parameter d ff parameter parameter parameter f For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d d Param eters d c ff c c f Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer ILLIAD- E B DB Description Error code a parameter c parameter parameter parameter ea f For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d a Param eters c c c c e a f Event Type Information Event Source Save Dump Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer ILLIAD- E B DB Description The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x d x f f e x x x f f e A dump was saved in C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp also doom crashes as well Event Type Error Event Source Application Error Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer ILLIAD- E B DB Description Faulting application doom exe version faulting module doom exe version fault address x ce e For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data c Applicat... Read more

A:Windows XP Pro Bluescreen Fun

turn off the auto reboot so you receive the bsod error message,it is usually easier to understand
d/l the latest drivers for your video card
in the device manager uninstall the card
reboot tapping f8
from the options choose vga mode
when windows finishes booting
disable a/virus
install your new drivers
reboot the computer
check your video card is up to specs for doom

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-pro-bluescreen-fun-36259.html
Relevancy 39.56%

The other day i downloaded a Codec for a movie and right after i clicked run my computer when into the blue screen and a message popped up saying my files were being saved while the computer was preparing for a crash. I rebooted my computer in Safe Mode with networking and thats what im using now i have run malware and system restore and they didnt work. when i checked the error the messages said:
Problem Event:

It is probably malware, download Malwarebytes, update it and scan your computer

Follow these instructions for more assistance
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/147211-need-help-bluescreen-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello. I have a new system that was custom made. It was running fine for a week or so at work, but once I brought it home, I've been getting blue screens every few hours. I used the WinDbg tool and got some info that led me to this group. I'm attaching the log files as specified by the moderator. Any help would be much so very welcome!

Thanks!
Jake

A:Bluescreen on Windows 7

Have you scanned for the presence of malware?

Older drivers, please update (especially those from 2005):

Code:
vmnetbridge.sys Thu May 22 06:34:05 2008
vmnetadapter.sys Thu May 22 06:33:57 2008
VMNET.SYS Thu May 22 06:33:54 2008
DgiVecp.sys Thu Oct 30 23:38:29 2008
SSPORT.sys Thu Aug 11 19:07:32 2005
No firm answers from the memory dumps, networking is the leading contender tho'.
Please do the following:
- download the latest version of the networking drivers for your system from the RealTek website.
- uninstall the current networking drivers
- install the freshly downloaded drivers
- see if that fixes the BSOD's

Here's a summary of the memory dumps:

Code:
Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Debug session time: Thu Dec 3 03:00:21.066 2009 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 1 days 7:34:53.358
BugCheck 1E, {0, 0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : ndis.sys ( ndis!ndisQueueDpcWorkItem+8f )
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Debug session time: Sun Dec 6 20:11:07.589 2009 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 14:40:20.932
BugCheck 1E, {0, 0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiKernelCalloutExceptionHandler+e )
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Debug session time: Sun Dec 6 21:18:07.320 2009 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:06:11.037
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff9600011e600, fffff88008f44150, 0}
Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!IsVisible+8 )
Debug session time: Sun Dec 6 05:29:31.342 2009 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:52:03.058
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff80002e9694b, fffff880057dd648, fffff880057dcea0}
Probably caused by : cdd.dll ( cdd!PresentWorkerThread+4b8 )
PROCESS_NAME: csrss.exe
Debug session time: Mon Dec 7 05:10:46.601 2009 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:20:16.943
BugCheck A, {fffff7fffb004ea4, 2, 0, fffff80002e9371a}
Probably caused by : HDAudBus.sys ( HDAudBus!HdaController::ProcessCodecResponses+5a8 )
Debug session time: Mon Dec 7 04:49:13.558 2009 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 7:30:03.900
BugCheck A, {fffff87ff89e61a4, 2, 0, fffff80002e9371a}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiCancelTimer+ca )
PROCESS_NAME: audiodg.exe
Debug session time: Mon Dec 7 08:25:54.489 2009 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 3:13:53.831
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff80002e9094b, fffff880087bd0b0, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiInsertTimerTable+13b )
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe
Debug session time: Wed Dec 9 15:56:47.443 2009 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:48:32.160
BugCheck A, {fffff87ff89e61a4, 2, 0, fffff80002e9771a}
Probably caused by : tcpip.sys ( tcpip!TcpTimerReschedule+4a )
PROCESS_NAME: tomcat6.exe
-=-... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bluescreen-on-windows-7-a-440710.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi Sevenforums,

I got since a few days various bluescreen per day ... I tried to google some information and got here in sevenforums.com >>> I read a thread where a user posted the "minidump" folder ...
I tried to open the files in the "minidump" folder - but I can?t - so I will post my minidump folder in zip - format and hope that someone can help me ...

Thank you in advance
Jure Chile

A:Bluescreen with windows 7 64 bit

Hello and Welcome to SF !

Seems like the crash has caused by Ewusbnet.sys with description USB NDIS Miniport Driver is a driver file from company Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. I would recommend to uninstall the Drivers completely and download the latest drivers and install it.

Run SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Bugcheck:

Code:
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e)
This is a very common bugcheck. Usually the exception address pinpoints
the driver/function that caused the problem. Always note this address
as well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address.
Some common problems are exception code 0x80000003. This means a hard
coded breakpoint or assertion was hit, but this system was booted
/NODEBUG. This is not supposed to happen as developers should never have
hardcoded breakpoints in retail code, but ...
If this happens, make sure a debugger gets connected, and the
system is booted /DEBUG. This will let us see why this breakpoint is
happening.
Arguments:
Arg1: c0000005, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: 931b88bd, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: 8a7b7ba8, Exception Record Address
Arg4: 8a7b7780, Context Record Address

Debugging Details:
------------------
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at "0x%08lx" referenced memory at "0x%08lx". The memory could not be "%s".

FAULTING_IP:
ewusbnet+28bd
931b88bd f6400605 test byte ptr [eax+6],5

EXCEPTION_RECORD: 8a7b7ba8 -- (.exr 0xffffffff8a7b7ba8)
ExceptionAddress: 931b88bd (ewusbnet+0x000028bd)
ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation)
ExceptionFlags: 00000000
NumberParameters: 2
Parameter[0]: 00000000
Parameter[1]: 00000006
Attempt to read from address 00000006

CONTEXT: 8a7b7780 -- (.cxr 0xffffffff8a7b7780)
eax=00000000 ebx=8620a10c ecx=00000008 edx=00000000 esi=8620a000 edi=8620a108
eip=931b88bd esp=8a7b7c70 ebp=8a7b7c84 iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na po nc
cs=0008 ss=0010 ds=0023 es=0023 fs=0030 gs=0000 efl=00010202
ewusbnet+0x28bd:
931b88bd f6400605 test byte ptr [eax+6],5 ds:0023:00000006=??
Resetting default scope

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at "0x%08lx" referenced memory at "0x%08lx". The memory could not be "%s".

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER1: 00000000

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER2: 00000006

READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from 82971718
Unable to read MiSystemVaType memory at 82951160

FOLLOWUP_IP:
ewusbnet+28bd
931b88bd f6400605 test byte ptr [eax+6],5

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7E

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: NULL_CLASS_PTR_DEREFERENCE

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 82871b33 to 931b88bd

STACK_TEXT:
WARNING: Stack unwind information not available. Following frames may be wrong.
8a7b7c84 82871b33 00000000 84cf3c08 000005a0 ewusbnet+0x28bd
8a7b7cc8 931c8338 82845443 865283e8 8630d638 nt!IopfCompleteRequest+0x128
8a7b7cdc 931c76f1 865283e8 86528e98 86528564 ewusbnet+0x12338
8a7b7d50 82a1766d 015283e8 ab51a45a 00000000 ewusbnet+0x116f1
8a7b7d90 828c90d9 931c725c 865283e8 00000000 nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x9e
00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 nt!KiThreadStartup+0x19
SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 0

SYMBOL_NAME: ewusbnet+28bd

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: ewusbnet

IMAGE_NAME: ewusbnet.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4ba9ccff

STACK_COMMAND: .cxr 0xffffffff8a7b7780 ; kb

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x7E_ewusbnet+28bd

BUCKET_ID: 0x7E_ewusbnet+28bd

Hope this helps,
Captain

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/137742-bluescreen-windows-7-64-bit.html
Relevancy 39.56%

First off, I have made no changes at all, this just started happening randomly.
Just get blue screen crash every once and awhile.
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 24
BCP1: 00000000001904FB
BCP2: FFFFF880069AD6E8
BCP3: FFFFF880069ACF40
BCP4: FFFFF80002CB1DF7
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
041410-60281-01.dmp
WER-145750-0.sysdata.xml

thats the latest bluescreen
I have attached the xml, and all 4 of my bluescreen dmp files in the zip file below.

A:windows 7 x64 pro bluescreen

Probably caused by : Rt64win7.sys Realtek netwok driver

Probably caused by : Ntfs.sys Windows system driver

Probably caused by : nvoclk64.sys Nvidia overclock tool

Probably caused by : tcpip.sys Windows system driver
If you are overclocking your GPU, I suggest you go back to stock settings, see if the bsods stop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-x64-pro-bluescreen.916918/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi, this is my first post in this thread and I am facing a very frustrating problem in windows 7 home premium. I have a Dell studio 15 laptop. since last one month, i am facing WINDOWS 7 BLUESCREEN ERROR. the error appears and the computer reboots automatically time to time. after logging it tries to find a solution to the problem but fails.

below is the details of the problem:
Problem signature:
Locale ID: 16393

BCCode: c2
BCP1: 0000000000000007
BCP2: 0000000000001097
BCP3: 00000000041E000D
BCP4: FFFFFA8007878640
Product: 768_1

C:\Windows\Minidump\061310-17628-01.dmp
C:\Users\tanmoycm\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-1500448-0.sysdata.xml

A:Windows 7 bluescreen

[1 - Novice] How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/91072-windows-7-bluescreen.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello this is my first post on this forum.

i need some help removing or fix this bluescreen
http://gyazo.com/1233f93324eab26977b3ba2fc7ba1df2
its the third 1 with date 2014-10-01

A:Windows 8 bluescreen HELP!!!

Welcome,
Have you looked at this possible solution?

http://error-toolkit.com/dll.php?t=Hal.dll

Keep us posted

Dick

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/551018/windows-8-bluescreen-help/
Relevancy 39.56%

A colleague of mine keeps getting a bluescreen in Win7.

Any Insight. Attached is the minidump. Thanks.

A:Windows 7 Bluescreen

Hi,

The attached DMP is of the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124) bugcheck. This is generally strictly a hardware related bugcheck.

Quote:

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa800a06a028, bf800000, 200001}

If we run an !errrec on the 2nd parameter (WER structure), we'll get more info:

Code:
===============================================================================
Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Descriptor @ fffffa800a06a138
Section @ fffffa800a06a2c0
Offset : 664
Length : 264
Flags : 0x00000000
Severity : Fatal

Error : Unclassified (Proc 2 Bank 1)
Address : 0x00000000fee00000
Misc. : 0x0000000000000086
Unfortunately, as it's an unclassified error, there's not much we can draw from it.

A few things I want to go over though in regards to software even though it's a 0x124:

Quote:

SSPORT fffff880`0c195000 fffff880`0c19d000 Thu Aug 11 19:07:32 2005 (42fbda34) 0000d894 SSPORT.sys

^^ Samsung printer driver, dated from 2005. See if there's an update for it available - Download Center: Download Software, Firmware, Drivers & Manuals | Samsung

As we only have ONE dump, especially in a 0x124 scenario, it's very hard to come to a conclusion as you usually need a few to check for consistency. However, interestingly enough, the process name at the time of the crash was -

Quote:

PROCESS_NAME: avgwdsvc.exe

This is AVG. For temporary troubleshooting purposes, I am going to recommend removing AVG and replacing it with Microsoft Security Essentials:

AVG removal tool - AVG | Download tools and utilities

MSE - Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-7-bluescreen-703568.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello there,

Windows 7 RC makes one and the same bluescreen in different periods of time.
?t comes due playing games or using applications.
Don?t know how to find a solution for this problem.

Problemsignatur:
Problemereignisname: BlueScreen
Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7100.2.0.0.256.1
Gebietsschema-ID: 1031

Zusatzinformationen zum Problem:
BCCode: a
BCP1: 8B606DE4
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 82F02F55
OS Version: 6_1_7100

Is it a problem with any driver, or a hardware conflict? I changed my rams a lot of times to
enclose the probleme, but it did not help ;(

please! need a solution for my big probleme

kind regards,
Manni

A:another windows 7 rc BLUESCREEN ;(

If this just started happening, I would suggest trying a system restore ... historically, BSOD is usually a driver issue. You also might want to consider a later build of W7 than 7100 ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/17656-another-windows-7-rc-bluescreen.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello i have a Problem, so when i Play World of Warcraft or when i Surf on the Internet my Screen goes off and my PC running then i must be restart it on the Button when i have started my PC they have put the Error

thats the 2 Error dumps

and thats the problem error

BCCode: d1
BCP1: 0000000000000030
BCP2: 000000000000000A
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF88013E893EE

The rar file its on the Attachments

A:Windows 7 Bluescreen

NOTE: Please provide the following information for a more detailed response: http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

This memory dump blames your nVidia video drivers. Please do the following:
- download a fresh copy of the latest Win7 compatible drivers from World Leader in Visual Computing Technologies | NVIDIA
- uninstall the current video drivers from your system
- install the freshly downloaded drives
- monitor for further BSOD's

Your Logitech webcam driver dates from 2008, please update that program also.

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\FUBAR\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\011512-20859-01.dmp]
Built by: 7600.16841.amd64fre.win7_gdr.110622-1503
Debug session time: Sun Jan 15 01:26:21.903 2012 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 19:27:08.773
BugCheck D1, {30, a, 0, fffff88013e893ee}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+2313ee )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD1
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xD1_nvlddmkm+2313ee
Bugcheck code 000000D1
Arguments 00000000`00000030 00000000`0000000a 00000000`00000000 fffff880`13e893ee
BiosVersion = P1.70
BiosReleaseDate = 09/07/2010
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-7-bluescreen-624515.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hey,

My laptop has recently started BSODing. It has done it over 3 times this hour.
I using Windows 7: Home Premium 32bit, 3GB RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo 2Ghz.

Can anyone help me find out what is causing this, if I dont I will send my laptop back under warranty!

Thanks!

Relevancy 39.56%

Hi people i had constant bluescreen in the past after installing more GB of ram Last week i installed again more GB to give another chance taking out the CMOS battery with more than seconds etc But problems started happening today i had PC fully stable last week with even gb ram also installed a another windows installation to test the ram with no problems The last bluescreen says this Code Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP BCP FFFFFA BCP F BCP F OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Sebastian AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online http go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt Please find attached the files with dump info I don't know if this is related to the RAM maybe not but i really don't understand anything about dump errors My BIOS is the newest Gigabyte GA-P A-UD P thanks and regards Sebastian

A:Bluescreen Windows 7 64-bit. 8GB RAM

Quote: Originally Posted by thesebastian

Hi people, i had constant bluescreen in the past after installing 4 more GB of ram.
Last week, i installed again 4 more GB to give another chance, taking out the CMOS battery with more than 30 seconds, etc.

But problems started happening today ( i had PC fully stable last week, with even 8gb ram, also installed a another windows 7 installation to test the ram... with no problems).

The last bluescreen says this:

Code:
Problem signature:
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 11274

BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA8008517028
BCP3: 00000000F2000000
BCP4: 000000000020008F
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0

C:\Windows\Minidump\071811-12370-01.dmp
C:\Users\Sebastian\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-24164-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
Please find attached the files with dump info.

I don't know if this is related to the RAM, maybe not.....but i really don't understand anything about dump errors....

My BIOS is the newest (Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3P).

thanks and regards,
Sebastian.

Sebastian

The single DMP was corrupt with little useful info. If we can believe the 124 BCC it is caused by hardware

Your .dmp file shows a stop error of 0x124 which is a general hardware error .

A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint.

Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress.

You can read more on this error and what to try here... Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/175907-bluescreen-windows-7-64-bit-8gb-ram.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello everyone I ve had Windows -bit for awhile now and have yet to encounter anything remotely related to being a problem Like a week ago on restart I got a message saying that one of my hard disks needs to be checked for consistency I let it scan then essentially forgot about it Then this morning as I woke up my computer from sleep Windows 7 First Bluescreen mode I began to browse the web and was hit with a blue screen This is what popped up after reboot hopefully some of First Windows 7 Bluescreen you may be able to assist me Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale First Windows 7 Bluescreen ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP FB BCP FFFFF D BCP FFFFF F BCP FFFFF F C OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Windows Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online http go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt I am fairly certain that BCCODE is an NTFS problem but what does that mean Is my hard disk dying It s fairly new Thanks again nbsp