Windows Support Forum

Window Explorer Crashes when closing `

Q: Window Explorer Crashes when closing `

Hello, my windows explorer in Windows 7 64 bit crashes only when I close either windows explorer or a windows update link. I have included an attached bump. The second part of the bump is included in the below reply. Thanks in advance for any input.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Window Explorer Crashes when closing `

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Window Explorer Crashes when closing `

This is the second part of the bump.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/window-explorer-crashes-when-closing-461680.html
Relevancy 92.02%

whenever i close My Computer or any of its folders or drives, explorer crashes
i dont know why its happening
please somebody help
whenever the last explorer based window is closed-explorer craches.
even my computer doesn't seem to update.

A:explorer crashes on closing window

try this, click on start and then run and type in "sfc /scannow".

This should take some time and afterwards, reboot the computer. Then see if this fixes the issue. If not, I recommend performing a windows repair on your computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/explorer-crashes-on-closing-window-236012.html
Relevancy 89.87%

The window in question is the Windows Explorer one. Everytime I click close, I get a message telling me that Windows Explorer stopped working or something. Anyway, it restarts on its own. This happens every time that I click close on a Windows Explorer windows. I have a feeling it's the new Windows Update that just finished installing. I've attached the Update History copy below.
Code:
Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB941833)

Installation date: ‎22/‎05/‎2008 12:07 AM

Installation status: Successful

Update type: Recommended

This update resolves reliability and application compatibility issues in Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2. By installing this update, you can achieve better reliability and application compatibility. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Once you have installed this item, it cannot be removed.

More information:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=100281

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com

Relevancy 69.23%

Hey guys. I have this really big problem that has been bugging me for about a year. I'm sure I have no viruses, spyware , adware and I even checked no malware. I'm having the same problem as this person http://forums.techguy.org/malware-removal-hijackthis-logs/722359-solved-explorer-exe-crashes-everytime.html I've followed some of the things stated in that topic but I still can't manage to fix the crashing when opening my computer, recycle bin. And other things :S Please Help me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/explorer-exe-crashes-when-closing-windows.770355/
Relevancy 67.94%

I m having a problem with explore exe crashing when I close control panel it seems to only happen when I close control panel I have no problem opening any other programs folders or files I have removed everything that I installed right before I started having the problem and after I started having it At when Crashes Control [Resolved] Panel Explorer.exe closing first I was getting this error when closing Control Panel Application error Explorer exe The instruction at referenced memory at quot x quot The memory could not be written And also nothing was showing up in my Event Viewer Application and Security logs I could view [Resolved] Explorer.exe Crashes when closing Control Panel the system log by hitting refresh though Since then I ran sfc scannow chkdisk f defrag and reverted [Resolved] Explorer.exe Crashes when closing Control Panel to IE Ran full system scan with Norton AV Pro SpyBot S amp D Hijack This and Norton s Tool for cleaning Blaster Worm Oh Yea ran Windows Washer to This fixed the Event Viewer and also fixed this error Application error Explorer exe The instruction at referenced memory at quot x quot The memory could not be written I did the defrag last after and running all the above mentioned tools and uninstalling all the software About the first hours or about times I opened and closed Control Panel after doing the defrag everything ran fine then I started getting the quot Explorer exe has generated errors quot BTW Zone Alarm is not installed at the moment I don t think that is what was causing it but I m waiting to reinstall it until I fix this problem Besides that system specs are accurate I made sure to update Norton and Spybot before running them I also noticed explorer exe had instances running sometimes after it crashed and restarted killing one of the explorer exe processes didnt seem to have an effect didnt seem to matter which one I closed I have attached my Hijack This log file could someone tell me if they recognize the System Drivers entry that refrences the C WINNT System quot Ssys ini serv exe quot I cant find that file on my comp anywhere Any help or suggestions will be very much appreciated Edited am EST Sorry about the messed up format of the hijack this log I attached here are the contents of that file Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINNT system DRIVERS CDANTSRV EXE C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus AdvTools NPROTECT EXE C WINNT System nvsvc exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT system stisvc exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINNT explorer exe lt ---------------------------------------XXXXX C Program Files Ahead Nero nero exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINNT explorer exe lt ---------------------------------------XXXXX D My Downloads HIJACK THIS HijackThis exe O - BHO no name - A -E CA- D - CD - D B - C PROGRA FlashGet jccatch dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar msdxmLC dll email protected amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar FlashGet Bar - E E AB-F - D - D - BA E - C PROGRA FlashGet fgiebar dll O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINNT System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINNT System NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe qu... Read more

Relevancy 67.94%

Actually i don't know i am using Windows Professional SP2.
Nowadays whenever i open a folder in windows explorer, automatically windows explorer error comes, closing.
Can't able to open the drive directory[not in C drive] contains videos,movies,photos,...
Please help me how to solve this problem,
i am a beginner just bought a new PC experiencing this problem first time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whenever-i-open-a-folder-windows-explorer-crashes-and-closing.892236/
Relevancy 67.51%

Windows XP, After I close a window, or is it a page, I keep getting the following error message: Internet Explorer Problem, error report, Debug-Send Error Report-Don't Send. I've checked all of those choices at different times but nothing changes. I still keep getting that pop up "error report". How can I stop it? I don't know of anything that I did to cause it.

A:XP, Internet Explorer, Error Report after closing each window or page.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-internet-explorer-error-report-after-closing-each-window-or-page.826801/
Relevancy 66.65%

This is a company business user s computer so much of the software might be in-house software The anti-virus is provided by Trend Micro Computer is a Dell Latitude D running Windows XP SP Problem Original issue user ... error Internet when closing other and an window Explorer encountered has Solved: apps IE reported was that Microsoft Word locked and froze when opening Microsoft Word was unistalled in preparation for a re-install New Additional Problem s Computer is running very slowly Solved: Internet Explorer has encountered an error ... window when closing IE and other apps Anytime IE is closed and sometimes when other applications are closed or any part of the computer is browsed to the Solved: Internet Explorer has encountered an error ... window when closing IE and other apps quot Internet Explorer has an encountered a problem and needs to close We are sorry for the inconvenience quot pops up Accessing the data of the error report reveals the ModName hostie dll as the problem I have run both Ad-Aware and Spy-bot HJT log follows Logfile of Solved: Internet Explorer has encountered an error ... window when closing IE and other apps Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system S EvMon exe C Program Files Cisco Systems CiscoTrustAgent ctalogd exe C Program Files Cisco Systems CiscoTrustAgent ctapsd exe C Program Files Cisco Systems CiscoTrustAgent CtaEoU exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Cisco Systems CiscoTrustAgent ctatransapt exe C WINDOWS system bmwebcfg exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C Program Files lotus notes ntmulti exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client ntrtscan exe C WINDOWS system RegSrvc exe C Program Files Sprint AirCard Sprint PCS Connection Manager SPCSUtilityService exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client tmlisten exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client OfcPfwSvc exe C WINDOWS TEMP GQ EXE C WINDOWS system ZCfgSvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system XConfig exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client pccntmon exe C Program Files Intel NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C WINDOWS system hphmon exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C Program Files Common Files ACD Systems EN DevDetect exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files SpamBlockerUtility bin OEAddOn exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exe C Program Files Palm Hotsync exe C Program Files Apoint HidFind exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Documents and Settings rmtgreene Application Data U LaunchPad exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C HJT HiJackThis v exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www salesforce com O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SpamBlockerUtility fleok D A A C E D AE EA FA EF B B A A - AA A- D - CBE-A - A D D - C Program Files SpamBlockerUtility bin HostIE dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Toolbar SpamBlockerUtility - AA A- D - CBE-A - A D D - C Program Files SpamBlockerUtility bin HostIE dll O - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices C... Read more

A:Solved: Internet Explorer has encountered an error ... window when closing IE and other apps

Go to add/remove programs and remove SpamBlockerUtility then restart the machine.

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.
This program is for XP and Windows 2000 only

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.

Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home Users
Double-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download and unzip them from here.)
Under "Configuration and Preferences", click the Preferences button.
Click the Scanning Control tab.
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
Close browsers before scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining.

Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.
Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.
Click "Next" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes".
To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply with a new hijackthis log.

Click Close to exit the program.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-explorer-has-encountered-an-error-window-when-closing-ie-and-other-apps.622654/
Relevancy 66.65%

Whenever I use the preview pane in Windows Explorer to view the contents of, say, a .reg file, .txt doc, or .ini file, it crashes with "Preview Handler Surrogate Host has stopped working". I click the "Close the program" option, which is followed by an Application Error: "Exception EAccessViolation in module ShellEh428.dll" etc. I close that as well. Then the preview pane works without having to close and reopen the Explorer window. In fact, if I do close and reopen it, it happens all over again.

It's not that big an inconvenience since the Explorer window itself doesn't actually crash, but it'd sure be nice to find out why this is happening and if it can be prevented.

A:Explorer Preview Pane crashes then works after closing error message.

Sounds like your dll file may be corrubted, you can try downloading that dll and replacing the one on your pc and see if that resolves your problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/204968-explorer-preview-pane-crashes-then-works-after-closing-error-message.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Bagle removed but explorer exe crashes after i close all open explorer exe windows sometime drwatson exe crshes too Explorer exe crshes when closing all windows on a regular basis it crashes always i had bagle but i removed i did closing after crashes explorer.exe a removed all windows regular on Bagle basis but not post in other forums this new issue i am adding hijackthis log i also have a online kaspersky log i am adding it here too after the hijackthis log thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C Bagle removed but explorer.exe crashes after closing all windows on a regular basis WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Programmi Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Programmi Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C Programmi WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Programmi Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c programmi file comuni mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA FILECO mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Programmi McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C Programmi McAfee Bagle removed but explorer.exe crashes after closing all windows on a regular basis MSK MskSrver exe C Programmi Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS System PAStiSvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Programmi Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Programmi Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Programmi Creative Mixer CTSVolFE exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Programmi File comuni InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Programmi Dell MediaDirect PCMService exe C Programmi Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Programmi Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exe C Programmi Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Programmi Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Programmi ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Programmi Babylon Babylon-Pro Babylon exe C Programmi Dell QuickSet Quickset exe C Programmi Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C Programmi iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Programmi File comuni Real Update OB realsched exe C Programmi Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Programmi iGv Discador iG exe C Programmi DAEMON Tools daemon exe C Programmi Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA iGv sysbrand exe C Programmi Free Download Manager fdm exe C Programmi Curse CurseClient exe C Programmi Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopIndex exe C Programmi SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Programmi Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Programmi PC Connectivity Solution ServiceLayer exe C Programmi WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Programmi Digital Line Detect DLG exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Programmi Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C PROGRA WIDCOMM BLUETO BTSTAC EXE C Programmi iPod bin iPodService exe C Programmi PC Connectivity Solution NclBTHandler exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Programmi ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Programmi Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Programmi WinRAR WinRAR exe C Documents and Settings lorenzo Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http farejador ig com br ie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL http www google it ig dell hl it amp c it amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Softw... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/bagle-removed-but-explorer-exe-crashes-after-closing-all-windows-on-a-regular-basis-246772.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I have not seen this with other releases from Win Beta and not sure why it happening in win but not win If I right click the left panel to add something to a folder on another drive or move 10 Window in Explorer 8, 7, win crashes it to another drive explorer crash If I do it in the right panel no issues This was before I rebuilt the system I just did a th reinstall on a new T drive since day one days ago and now I can't do any moving of files or folder in any panel without crashing I can send from x folder drive to a drive but not to the folder I want Using my lap top with win started Window Explorer crashes in win 7, 8, 10 to experience the first win issue and it has a strip down of programs on it I have now upgraded the laptop to win and now getting the nd win totally crash Have ran various programs to check the issues even to repair the system with no luck The other thing I have noticed since using Win have lost drives from T to T that were less than a year old I have also have to do CHKDSK of drives monthly as the file structure has come corrupted considering some of the drives are backup that have seen not new data added to them It looks like I have a few more drives that may need replacing and will do the full check on them once the replacement drives arrive on Monday that had to be replace What is also odd I found CHKDSK found folders on drives only if I am using FTP on them as they don't show up as non hidden files I have see found CK folders on other other drives but not the T that had found CK only in FTP I have talked to MS help desk and was told they had to refer this issue to the engineers a week ago and haven't heard a thing since then Anyone else Window Explorer crashes in win 7, 8, 10 experiencing explore crashing Is there an answerer to my issues Drives are Seagate and Western Thanks

A:Window Explorer crashes in win 7, 8, 10

Just a thought, are you synchronised in Skydrive, if so it could be the faulty Explorer is replicated.
Try opening "Internet Options", cog top right hand corner, then click Advanced, then Reset.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/61655-window-explorer-crashes-win-7-8-10-a.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Experiencing windows explorer crashes Seems related to opening larger files like media Restore points would not work Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Owner on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- crashes Window Explorer System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Window Explorer crashes Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Restore Operation - - UTC - RP - Restore Operation - - UTC - RP - Restore Operation - - UTC - RP - Restore Operation -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------ Emulating logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at - - Platform Windows XP Service Pack MSIE Internet Explorer Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS system smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCSVCHST EXE C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files ewido security suite ewidoctrl exe C Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Communicator xcommsvr exe C Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Scan Server bdss exe C Program Files NSClean BOClean BOC EXE C Program Files Lexmark X -X lxbbbmgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCSVCHST EXE C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Lexmark X -X lxbbbmon exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger Ymsgr tray exe C Program Files NSClean BOClean BOC UPD EXE C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Owner Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE X QGRDIY dss exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www google com ie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www google com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www google com ie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http www google com search q s R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www google com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer CustomizeSearch http ie search msn com SUB RFC srchasst srchcust htm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Search URL http www google com ie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www google com ie O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - ... Read more

Relevancy 62.78%

Hello I was attacked by spyware Crashes Explorer.exe I When Open Any Window a few days ago and ever since whenever I try to open My Computer My Documents or any other Explorer Window explorer exe crashes once this rundll exe process starts If I stop the rundll Explorer.exe Crashes When I Open Any Window process and restart explorer it comes Explorer.exe Crashes When I Open Any Window up again until I try opening a window I have used Adaware Spybot SD and SUPERAntiSpyware to remove most of the virus but none of them seem able to find this remnant causing rundll to kill my explorer Anyway any help provided would be much appreciated Here is my HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HiJackThis v exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO IeCatch Class - F -AA - B - F D- A B E EF - C PROGRA FlashGet jccatch dll O - BHO no name - CE -EA C- - ED - D EEC F E - C WINDOWS system vtutt dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO HP Smart Web Printing - AE A AA-A - B -B -C E E FE - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing SmartWebPrinting dll O - BHO no name - BACEB AF- D - E- D - BEB A FE - C WINDOWS system mljhgde dll O - BHO no name - E B F E- B - E -A C-A F - C Program Files Internet Explorer hopecefyr dll file missing O - BHO no name - FEE F - BD- CB-A D- FB FD AAD - no file O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar FlashGet Bar - E E AB-F - D - D - BA E - C PROGRA FlashGet fgiebar dll O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run Logitech Utility Logi MwX Exe O - HKLM Run Cpqset C Program Files HPQ Default Settings cpqset exe O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe O - HKCU Run Qlpvgy quot C Documents and Settings Owner Application Data pPatch d xplore exe quot O - Global Startup HP Digital Imaging Monitor lnk C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe O - Extra context menu item amp Yahoo Search - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycsrch htm O - Extra context menu item Download All by FlashGet - C Program Files FlashGet jc all htm O - Extra context menu item Download using FlashGet - C Program Files FlashGet jc link htm O - Extra co... Read more

Relevancy 61.92%

Okay so I downloaded a call of duty single player demo and tried installing it The setup was taking a while and when it finally loaded up I proceeded with the further Explorer when I exit Windows Crashes window a installation process For some reason something in the installation went wrong so I cancelled it Since then everytime I exit a window in my computer only windows that go into my documents my computer other local folders etc windows explorer stops responding and then restarts This is very annoying as it freezes for about seconds Windows Explorer Crashes when I exit a window and then explorer comes back on Other programs are fine when I exit them Windows Explorer Crashes when I exit a window its only when I use something related to explorer Can somebody help Is There a way to reinstall explorer or something Help would be very much appreciated by the way this is where i got the file http files filefront com Call of Duty Modern Warfare Demo fileinfo html Could it be a virus I did complete system scan with avira Windows Explorer Crashes when I exit a window and no results of any viruses were found System specs HP dv se Notebook Windows Vista bit SP Home Premium gb of RAM ghz intel core duo nvidia m GS Graphics My HIJACKTHIS Log Code Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPStart exe C Program Files Motorola SMSERIAL sm hlpr exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP QuickTouch HPKBDAPP exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin HpqSRmon exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files BroadJump Client Foundation CFD exe C Program Files Microsoft Xbox Accessories XBoxStat exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Razer DeathAdder razerhid exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Razer DeathAdder razertra exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Razer DeathAdder razerofa exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Windows explorer exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Pa... Read more

A:Windows Explorer Crashes when I exit a window

Sorry for bump but its been two days, please help thi sproblem is very annoying and makes easy tasks take a longer time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-crashes-when-i-exit-a-window.758588/
Relevancy 61.92%

My Internet Explorer crashes when a window it is running is closed. The error messege appears as this.

AppName: iexplore.exe AppVer: 7.0.6000.16608 ModName: unknown
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 04930f71

I had the same problem with a previous edition of IE and the shell disable fix did not work.

A:Internet Explorer Crashes when window closes

Try this

http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/06/12/628499.aspx

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-explorer-crashes-when-window-closes-228917.html
Relevancy 61.92%

whenever i open a folder like my computer, control panel, or any kinds that opens a new window my desktop/explorer.exe crashes and this appears

PLS I NEED TO SOLVE THIS help meee!!
i just need the easiest way to do this

A:explorer crashes when opening folders or window

Do the following:

1.) Run SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker (Do option 2)

2.) Disk Check

3.) Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

Please follow these tutorials and post back please.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/307313-explorer-crashes-when-opening-folders-window.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Quite a bizarre one - every time I try to view the properties of any file or folder, I'm met with:

"Explorer.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x02e1415b" referenced at "0x000000000". The momory could not be "written".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program"

Has anyone even encountered this before? Searching the forums produced nothing.

Thank you very much for your time and effort - it's well appreciated.

A:Explorer Crashes on loading Properties Window

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyUK

Quite a bizarre one - every time I try to view the properties of any file or folder, I'm met with:

"Explorer.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x02e1415b" referenced at "0x000000000". The momory could not be "written".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program"

Has anyone even encountered this before? Searching the forums produced nothing.

Thank you very much for your time and effort - it's well appreciated.

Hi JohnnyUK have you seen this http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d...d_stp_hwpg.asp give it a shot. Also take a look at this http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d...d_stp_hwpg.asp.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/explorer-crashes-on-loading-properties-window-42813.html
Relevancy 61.49%

About weeks ago it was apparent that laptop was infected with antispyware XP My husband tried to solve it himself without waiting for me I m the problem solver in the house Anyway he purchased Shield Dekuxe which didn t seem to work He downloaded the trial version of StopZilla which found bad things and quarentined them Things were working fine Today things are not working again I can open IE and it will bring up virus, search IE closing, window closing Possible the home page google com but anything typed Possible virus, IE closing, search window closing in the search box or clicked on from the drop down list of frequently visited sites just closes IE I also cannot search The window will open but clicking on anything files folders documents etc immediately closes the window I also cannot find Windows Explorer Shield Deluxe is currently installed StopZilla is uninstalled We have Zone Alarm installed possibly I was doing online chat with Shield Deluxe to get it to work the internet aspect and they said to uninstall ZA as it would interfere with SD I removed ZA using add remove programs from the control panel yet when I restarted the computer ZA started up It is no longer listed in the add remove programs list However viewing All Programs from the start menu shows a folder for Zone Labs Since I can t find Windows Explorer and I can t search I can t find the folder to delete its contents Laptop is a Compaq Presario running Windows XP and currently cannot use the internet due to the above problem I am using laptop for the internet connection to solve these problems Thanks for any help you can offer nbsp

A:Possible virus, IE closing, search window closing

Here is my Hijack This log from yesterday:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 6:53:11 PM, on 11/15/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16735)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\PCSecurityShield\The Shield Deluxe 2008\avp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\runservice.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\PCSecurityShield\The Shield Deluxe 2008\avp.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.1128.5462\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
F:\Anti Virus\HJTInstall.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo!
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = ;127.0.0.1
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn5\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - rsion - (no file)
O2 - BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn5\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll (file missing)
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn5\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar4.dll
O3 - Toolbar: AllDial High Speed - {8B79EE88-E62D-4AA8-B530-CC357BA112B7} - C:\Program Files\AllDial High Speed\Toolband.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVP] "C:\Program Files\PCSecurityShield\The Shield Deluxe 2008\avp.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe" -quiet
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.1128.5462\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [[system]] C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\services.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [brastk] C:\WINDOWS\system32\brastk.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [[system]] C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\services.exe (User 'Default user')
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate into English - res://c:\prog... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-virus-ie-closing-search-window-closing.769451/
Relevancy 61.06%

I'm running WinXP since 2001 and never have encountered such a problem before.

It began after the last fresh installation. Anytime I try to open the fonts window from Control Panel, it causes Windows Explorer to crash. Error message refers to fontext.dll.

I tried to repair the fonts folder with Tweak UI, but it didn't helped.

The problem occurs only when I use Control Panel to open the fonts folder. There are no problems when opening the fonts folder directly from My Computer.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 61.06%

I'm using Windows 7 Professional 64bit on a Toshiba Satellite L50-A. Windows Explorer was working perfectly until now, in which whenever I resize Windows Explorer so that the window is smaller and doesn't fill the entire screen, the window flickers and then crashes. I have tried terminating and restarting Windows Explorer and even tried restarting my computer but it's still the same. I am up to date on my windows updates (except for the Windows 10 upgrade), but I have not done anything with the Toshiba Service Station updates. I also ran Microsoft Security Essentials and it said that there were no viruses and such. How do I fix this problem with windows explorer? Will upgrading to Windows 10 help? (my last resort)

A:Windows Explorer crashes whenever I try to resize/snap the window

I would start with two things. Do a SFC /SCANNOW in an elevated command window. Search this site for a tutorial on it if you need help, or ask here. Meanwhile find and download the latest video driver at Toshiba's site. When the SFC is done, uninstall the existing video driver and install the new one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/377781-windows-explorer-crashes-whenever-i-try-resize-snap-window.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Vista 32bit SP2.

/streets & Trips 2008 has been running fine for almost two years. Now everytime I try and load it explorer crashes and reopens. If go to folder containing the executable and right click the file, immediate crash. Tried uninstall and reinstall but no change. Only change to my system is going from Eset Smart Security to Norton Internet Security 2010.

Would appreciate any ideas.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-streets-trips-crashes-window-explorer.866755/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi Folks I m at the end of my technical capability here and need some help Basically the title says it all - my browser window crashes intermittantly - the visiting explorer crashes with ads IE Google while sites window commonality I ve noticed between the sites it crashes on is that they have Google ads I know some virus spyware can latch onto specific sites so I try all the tools I can get with no success in either identifying the problem or correcting it I used -Bitdefender -Ad-aware -Trendmicro -Spybot S amp D -ewido -spysweeper -ccleaner -xblock -AVG Below is my HiJackThis logfile - can anyone tell me how to proceed Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on IE explorer window crashes while visiting sites with Google ads Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C IE explorer window crashes while visiting sites with Google ads WINDOWS System IE explorer window crashes while visiting sites with Google ads smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files misc utilities Sygate smc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C Program Files misc utilities ewido anti-spyware guard exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files misc utilities Spyware Doctor sdhelp exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System wdfmgr exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS Dit exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files misc utilities AnalogX POW pow exe C WINDOWS DitExp exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files QuoteTracker stocks exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files misc utilities HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www toffeeweb com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www toffeeweb com O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run AME CSA rundll amecsa cpl RUN DLL O - HKLM Run SmcService C PROGRA MISCUT Sygate smc exe -startgui O - HKLM Run Dit Dit exe O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - Startup POW lnk C Program Files misc utilities AnalogX POW pow exe O - Startup Shortcut to Eircom I-Stream lnk O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra button Spyware Doctor - D D A- - D -A A - C B E E - C PROGRA MISCUT SPYWAR tools iesdpb dll O - DPF ConferenceRoom Java Client - http java financialchat com java cr cab O - DPF Yahoo Chat - http us chat yimg com us yimg com i chat applet c chat cab O - DPF Yahoo Chess - http download games yahoo com games clients y ct x cab O - DPF A BB - - EC-ACCB- EAE B SysProWmi Class - http support dell com systemprofiler SysPro CAB O - DPF D F C -CB - EA - D - F EACC F B InstallShield Setup Player K - http sib od com common Member ClientInstall OCI setup exe O - DPF DDE -E - D -A - - http www xblock com download xclean micro exe O - DPF D DDB -BDF - B- E E-D F EE BDSCANONLINE Control - http download bitdefender com resources scan oscan cab O - DPF ED - B- DA -BF -BE C EC Windows Live Safety Center Base Module - http scan safety live com resource download scanner wlscbase cab O - DPF E A BF-FD - A- C- EB E AE Trend Micro ActiveX Scan Agent - http housecall trendmicro com housecall applet html native x win activex hcImpl cab O - DPF E- D- D -B AA- D B F D Yahoo Webcam Upload Wrapper - http chat yahoo com cab yuplapp cab O - DPF A DA -D - B - - C CD Dm... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-explorer-window-crashes-while-visiting-sites-with-google-ads.494697/
Relevancy 61.06%

everytime i close one of my windows, a error report pops-up
the only choice is to Don't Send it
after that all my windows will close
even if i am using only 1 window, that error still pops-up
i dont know what to do.. yes i can use the tab but i need to use other window too

please help me..

A:[SOLVED] Explorer crashes when window closed! (Must Read please..)

Hello and welcome to TSF

Click Start, All programs, Accessories, System tools and click on Internet Explore (No Addons)

Try the above and see if you still ahve the same problems.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/solved-explorer-crashes-when-window-closed-must-read-please-195979.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Window Explorer Crashes after typing one letter in instant search on the start menu. If I type A it will crash. If I type P it doesnt.

Specs are q6600 2.4 GHZ @ 3.0GHZ
3GB Ram
8800GT

A:Window Explorer Crashes after typing one letter in instant search.

hi mate mine does not even type on the desk top installed it today and it crashes as soon as i type a letter its the vista home premium 64 bit wish i never bought it ha ha potter

spec asus maximus formula motherboard
q6600 processor
2 ati 2900xt 1 gig (crossfire)
watercooling thermal big water
4gig crusial ballistix tracer ram

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/window-explorer-crashes-after-typing-one-letter-in-instant-search-234449.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello I ve been having some frustrating issues with Windows Explorer on Windows and I ve pinpointed the cause to one stubborn wmv file on my external hard drive Whenever Explorer accesses the location of this wmv file unfortunately the root directory the green bar at the top starts slowly running presumably trying to load the thumbnail of that wmv file This wreaks havoc everywhere as any other folders I navigate to then have missing thumbnails that will not load and when I go to quot Computer quot it s completely empty and the green bar atop runs indefinitely but never makes any progress only heating my lags possibly due file Window to corrupt crashes and Explorer computer frustratingly Furthermore when I restart explorer the error quot the remove procedure call failed quot shows Logging Window Explorer crashes and lags due to possibly corrupt file off or pressing Ctrl N in explorer Window Explorer crashes and lags due to possibly corrupt file have provided temporary solutions so far When I try to delete move or rename this wmv file Explorer just freezes altogether Is this file corrupt What can I do about this file I d preferably like to save somewhere else before deleting it nbsp

A:Window Explorer crashes and lags due to possibly corrupt file

Hello jungegift and Welcome to TSG!

Try booting to Safe Mode and accessing the remote drive. Do you have the same issue?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/window-explorer-crashes-and-lags-due-to-possibly-corrupt-file.1088077/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello Guys.
Thank's for looking.
To keep just the OS in c drive i moved the user folder to drive E just by copy and paste!!! Not knowing what problem it going to make
After i moved windows created another user folder in c drive and started crashing,so i moved and replaced the user folder from E back to c drive .After that windows explorer started crashing often.
I tried to do system restore,unfortunately couldn't.Later i found i have another problem.
system restore says unspecified error 0x8007000
i read some articles and tried by disabling my antivirus(bit defender),started in safe mode,but didn't tried un installing bit defender completely.

Help and advise much appreciated guys.
Thank's

A:Window Explorer Crashes After moving user folder to E drive.

Welcome aboard.

Uninstall BitDefender completely. Use Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows.

And, run SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/259881-window-explorer-crashes-after-moving-user-folder-e-drive.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi Everyone,

I am not sure which Windows update caused this, but ever since that download, whenever I close a window, the little blue disc keeps turning until the window DOES finally close. (Hope you understand what I'm saying.) This happens after closing EACH window, ALL the time.

Essentially, it takes a few extra secs for the closed window to really close. It's irritating/frustrating because I don't know how to fix it. I've put as much of my comp's info in my profile as I know or could find. Have been working with comps for six or so years. Not a total dummy, help alot of friends , and always reaching to learn more.

Have never seen this problem anywhere or it would be fixed by now, lol Can't STAND the waiting it causes til I can move onto something else.

Any suggestions?? PLEASE???

CompInfo: Vista Ultimate, IE8--See Profile for more.

I thank you for your time.

A:Closing a window causes little blue disc to turn til window finally DOES close

Welcome
Lets try two steps to see if we can fix the problem
Assuming that you are using IE go to>tools>internet options>advanced>resest and see if that helps.
Second try with clean boot to see if some software is behind the problem
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
If it works follow the instructions to find the precise cause

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/287863-closing-window-causes-little-blue-disc-turn-til-window-finally-does-close.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I have searched to see if this was asked before without any success. Maybe someone has run into this problem before.
When I open "my computer" or "control panel" after I close it...it automatically goes into Internet Explorer as a blank page. Most of the time, when I close the IE blank page...it stops responding and I have the control-alt-delete to "end the program"
Thanks in advance for any help.

A:closing "my computer" or "Control Panel" open internet explorer window

Possibly malware - anything openning ie on its own raises an alarm in my books. Post a HJT log to the malware removal section of the forum and let the experts take a look at it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/closing-my-computer-or-control-panel-open-internet-explorer-window.658783/
Relevancy 52.89%

My IE window closes on its own And not to mention that when it is turned on re-started etc it IE by keeps itself closing Window is V E R Y slow to load up everything If I could once again get some assistance from quot Tech Guy quot that would be great You guys did wonderfully guiding me thru my last problem Thank you so much Kelly See my HJTL below Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform IE Window keeps closing by itself Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files IE Window keeps closing by itself Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec IE Window keeps closing by itself Shared ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE C PROGRA COMMON MICROW Agent MWASER EXE C PROGRA COMMON MICROW Agent MWAgent exe C Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C WINDOWS system svchost exe c WINDOWS system ZuneBusEnum exe C Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C PROGRA AT amp T DSL programs dslpca exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files CAMTRAY EXE C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIAIA EXE C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files BroadJump Client Foundation CFD exe C PROGRA Yahoo browser ybrwicon exe C PROGRA Yahoo YOP yop exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exe C Program Files Yahoo Search Protection SearchProtection exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Zune ZuneLauncher exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C PROGRA Yahoo YOP SSDK exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C PROGRA Inbox Smileys CSmileysIM exe C Program Files BigFix BigFix exe C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe C Program Files SBC Self Support Tool bin mpbtn exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Music Jukebox ymetray exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C Program Files internet explorer iexplore exe C PROGRA Inbox CToolbar exe c PROGRA Inbox CMail exe c PROGRA Inbox Smileys CSMILE EXE C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YAHOOM EXE C Program Files internet explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www inbox com search dispatcher aspx tp aus amp qkw s amp tbid R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www kcra com index html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www att net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant http www inbox com search ie aspx tb id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main CustomizeSearch http dnl inbox com support sa customize aspx TbId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride R - URLSearchHook no name - CB BF -BBAE- A - F - FF D - C PROGRA Inbox ctbr dll R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD ... Read more

Relevancy 52.89%

I am having problems, when i open my documents, my music or my photo files. they keep closing on me so i cannot get to any files. i am not the brightest fish when it comes to computers anyone can help????

A:Window Keeps Closing On Me

Are you getting any error messages? How are you trying to open them, form the start menu or clicking on an icon shortcut on the desktop?
Mark

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/100891/window-keeps-closing-on-me/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,
I'm trying to run that microsoft blaster worm search program. It downloaded to my computer okay, but when I try to run it, a dos window opens for a split second then closes. Nothing else happens.
I've just recently noticed that in one other program that I tried to run here in the past few days.
Wonder what I have wrong.

Thanks,
Jamie.
http://www.bright.net/~jamier

A:Dos Window Closing

maybe the program was meant to run from DOS?
what program/ from where?

since you're searching for it, maybe you're not updated and have it.

try Stinger
http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dos-window-closing.155967/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have usually been able to get the DOS window of a batch file to close by preceding the script with 'Echo off' and ending it with 'Cls'. But a batchfile that invokes Autohotkey and then a script in AutoHotKey, does not close;, not even when I end the batchfile with EXIT. I suspect that the focus may have moved from DOS, and so DOS commands are no longer executed. Whether or not that is true, how can I get the DOS window to close automatically ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/closing-a-batchfiles-dos-window.957752/
Relevancy 52.46%

When I close an IE window, it will come "Internet Explorer is not responding"
and all the windows are closing by itself. So I cannot close a single window, when working on IE.

PLEASE HELP ME

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/when-i-close-an-ie-window-everything-is-closing-363932.html
Relevancy 52.46%

My Windows is now set such that if I close a window, it closes all windows. How do I set it to close only the window I selected? Can it be set up to close the selected window without asking if I want to close them all?

Thanks - Jim

Guess what they are called is "TABS"

Relevancy 52.46%

Clicking the X in the upper right causes a second delay before IE closes I ran both a spyware tool spybot and virus the IE before has window closing second delay 10 tool malwarebytes - both came out clean I have zero computer knowledge to go on other than the basic quot fumble around long enough to figure things out quot approach Here IE has 10 second delay before closing the window is the log IE has 10 second delay before closing the window file from hijackthis Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Program Files x Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exeC Program Files x IE has 10 second delay before closing the window AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exeC Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhostO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - HKLM Run ISBMgr exe quot C Program Files x Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files x QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files x Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run EPSON Stylus CX Series C Windows system spool DRIVERS x E IATICEA EXE FU quot C Windows TEMP E SC tmp quot EF quot HKCU quot O - HKCU Run EPSON Stylus CX Series Copy C Windows system spool DRIVERS x E IATICEA EXE FU quot C Users Juston AppData Local Temp E SDA E tmp quot EF quot HKCU quot O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User NETWORK SERVICE O - Extra context menu item amp Search - p GRxdm YYUSO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Google Sidewiki - res C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar Component GoogleToolbarDynamic mui en D E dll cmsidewiki htmlO - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLLO - Trusted Zone http games espn go comO - DPF D A- - C-BEE -AFECE D Facebook Photo Uploader Control - http upload facebook com controls oUploader cabO - DPF E E F- F- FB - -... Read more

A:IE has 10 second delay before closing the window

Hello and Welcome to the forums!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger:Please download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:Download DDS and save it to your desktopLink1Link2Link3Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear: DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"MBRCheckPlease also download MBRCheck to your desktopDouble click MBRCheck.exe to run (vista and Win 7 right click and select Run as Administrator)It will show a Black screen with some data on ita report called MBRcheck will be on your desktopopen this reportRight click on the screen and select > Select AllPress Control+Cnow please copy that report to this threadinformation and logs:In your next post I need the following1.logs from DDS2.log from RKUnHooker3. report from MBRchecker4.let me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/331123/ie-has-10-second-delay-before-closing-the-window/
Relevancy 52.46%

WinXP SP3

I recently downloaded IE8 and started having a problem. When I close out an IE tab or close out the whole window, a new IE window opens. I uninstalled IE8 and went back to IE7. Unfortunately, I'm still having the same problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/227849/ie-window-reopens-after-closing/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello all My PC makes me mad it seems like I've been having problems with it ever since I bought it some years ago I guess Anyway this time it's even more annoying than most other problems I've had it crashes when I close some programs especially those that are using a lot of RAM The typical case is when I close Firefox I usually have at least tabs currently open at once and according to task manager which I always have open FF usually takes up about Mo of RAM or is that bytes I'm not very computer-savvy I have Go of RAM installed though IIRC due to Vista limitations only are effective But I'm digressing the point is when I close Firefox it well closes I mean the window but the process is still active in the task manager and after a few seconds my PC crashes I think it sometimes gives me the BSOD but most of the time the screen goes black and nothing happens anymore with my PC still on Did some tests with other relatively high memory usage programs and sure enough when I close them my PC crashes Weirdly enough it does it too when I close the Windows Picture Gallery or whatever the default picture viewing tool is called in English I'm using Vista in French Hope someone can help

A:PC crashes when closing programs

Welcome to BC .

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/498284/pc-crashes-when-closing-programs/
Relevancy 52.03%

Internet Explorer 8 has started crashing for no apparent reason, always after I try to close a tab. I get the "Internet Explorer has stopped working" message, and I can either wait and choose "close program" or just cancel it. Either way, the tab closes and IE continues to work. This always seems to happen at random times, and I can't find any similarities between the pages that cause these crashes. Any idea what could be causing this? I would switch to Firefox, but there are certain aspects to IE that I'm very reluctant to give up, so I'd only want to do that as a last resort.

I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium x64.

Relevancy 52.03%

Using Lotus - - from Smart Suite under Windows XP I am working on three large data files the smallest one is MB that have a basic data sheet and then several other sheets that calculate tables from the basic data using mostly dcount and dsum functions I can work with these files calculate save etc but when I try to close one of these files Lotus crashes I get the error screen that the program quot has closing crashes on 1-2-3 Lotus encountered a problem and needs to close quot It also crashes the same way if I click the quot X quot in the upper right corner of the window to close the program Lotus 1-2-3 crashes on closing This happens both on my laptop Windows XP Pro and on my desktop SP Home I don t think it is a memory problem since I have GB of memory on the desktop and GB on the laptop Lotus Lotus 1-2-3 crashes on closing closes all other files without a problem Does anyone have a solution to this problem nbsp

A:Lotus 1-2-3 crashes on closing

While I am terrible with 123, the only fix I ever knew in my previous life for troubleshooting 123 was cleaning up the hard drive. Perhaps it is still the only solution:
http://www.officearticles.com/misc/how_to_clean_up_your_hard_drive.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lotus-1-2-3-crashes-on-closing.437756/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey, I am having problems with my other computer suddenly closing both Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer applications, such as Control Panel, My Computer, etc...(Windows XP Home Edition)
When i click on either one, lets say the my computer icon, a pop up of the my computer folder thing flashes for a split second then disappears, the computer freezes for about a second, shows only the desktop, then a few seconds later the icons start appearing on my desktop and my start taskbar comes back. The screen is back to normal with no lag, but the my computer pop up is no longer there. The same thing happens with internet explorer, but it just happens alot quicker.
Does anyone know what could possibly be the problem of this, and maybe how to fix it? Thank You in advance.

A:Windows Explorer + Internet Explorer Closing Immediately...

Did you do an anti-virus scan on your PC seems like a virus problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-internet-explorer-closing-immediately.296843/
Relevancy 51.6%

This is what i'm taking about YouTube - Windows 7 Aero Lag YouTube - Windows 7 RC1 RTM Aero Lag .If yes I will install the beta right away

A:Does Sp1 fix window closing/opening lag/issue?

You need to install the RTM version rather than continuing to use the RC version... Im not even sure that the up coming SP will install on your version...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/85756-does-sp1-fix-window-closing-opening-lag-issue.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,

i`m doing some fairly basic C++ coding on VC++, whenever i try and run one of my executables in a console window, it keeps closing when the code has finished, how do i stop it doing this??? I`m sure their is a fairly simple setting to change somewhere. Its XP SP2 i`m using homeedition

Thanks

AMcQ

A:Stopping The Command Window Closing

Welcome to TSG We hope you stay awhile.

Insert into your code just before the return( ) from main( ) the following:
Code:
system( "pause" );
and that will produde a "Press any key to continue" message on your console window. Press any key and the window will close. This should be enough to suspend the closing of the window. Be sure to take that out before you publish your code though.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stopping-the-command-window-closing.400633/
Relevancy 51.6%

My computer desktop goes black whenever I close a window or application and I get tons of popups and redirects on IE have run Adaware Spybot HouseCall and Stinger Got rid of a bunch of stuff but still having problems It seems to restart everytime I reboot the computer or something Here is my Hijack This log First time doing this Window Help...desktop Closing When Goes Black so hopefully I got this right Help...desktop Goes Black When Closing Window Please let me know what I should do Running processes C WINNT System smss exeC WINNT system winlogon exeC WINNT system services exeC WINNT system lsass exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT System svchost exeC WINNT system spoolsv exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINNT System CTSvcCDA exeC WINNT system hidserv exeC Help...desktop Goes Black When Closing Window Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTSMLBIZ Binn sqlservr exeC WINNT System nvsvc exeC WINNT System HPHipm exeC WINNT system regsvc exeC WINNT system MSTask exeC WINNT system stisvc exeC WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT System dmadmin exeC WINNT System svchost exeC WINNT Explorer EXEC WINNT System spool drivers w x hpztsb exeC Help...desktop Goes Black When Closing Window Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exeC WINNT system pctspk exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exeC WINNT System hphmon exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exeC Program Files ASUS Probe AsusProb exeC Program Files D-Link AirPlus G AirGCFG exeC Program Files ANI ANIWZCS Service WZCSLDR exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn sqlmangr exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Documents and Settings Tony Desktop HiJackThis v exeO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - C DB-B - E C- - F E E - C WINNT system vtutt dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO Canon Easy Web Print Helper - F E- - E - AAF- BC A A BE - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint EWPBrowseLoader dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO e f - d -da a- b - e caa - aac e - - b -a ad- d f e - C WINNT system pvxrhiac dllO - BHO no name - AEBF -DBA - -A - CED AB - C WINNT system cbxvuvv dllO - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Toolband dllO - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logonO - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINNT System spool drivers w x hpztsb exeO - HKLM Run Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exeO - HKLM Run LoadQM loadqm exeO - HKLM Run PCTVOICE pctspk exeO - HKLM Run HPHUPD quot C Program Files HP Photosmart hphinstall UniPatch hphupd exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe quot O - HKLM Run HPHmon C WINNT System hphmon exeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run CamMonitor C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exeO - HKLM Run ASUS Probe C Program Files ASUS Probe AsusProb exeO - HKLM Run D-Link AirPlus G C Program Files D-Link AirPlus G AirGCFG exeO - HKLM Run ANIWZCS Service C Program Files ANI ANIWZCS Service WZCSLDR exeO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run ntdll dll quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKCU Run Creative Detector C Program Files Creative MediaSource Detec... Read more

A:Help...desktop Goes Black When Closing Window

I apologize for the very long delay. We have a huge backlog of HijackThis Logs to handle and it has been taking us greater time than normal to get caught up. If you are still having a problem, and want us to analyze your information, please post a brand new hijackthis log. If we do not hear back from you within a couple of days we will need to close your topic.When posting your logs please post them directly into the reply. Do not attach them.Also make sure you have already followed the steps outlined below:Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis LogThank you for your patience.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/122079/helpdesktop-goes-black-when-closing-window/
Relevancy 51.6%

(I've tried several search parameters to find if this problem was already submitted but couldn't fine-tune a search under 500 results!)

Using XP Home SP1, I intentionally open multiple IE browser windows - NO Popup windows. If I choose to close 1 browser window, all the active browser windows close!

Is this a scarcely identifiable configuration within IE or is this an indicator of another issues? I have popup blocker options on Google Toolbar, within ZoneAlarm Pro, etc. but can't find any setting which closes all browser windows with single click.

This problem has only established itself with the last week -- I haven't performed any software additions/changes/upgrades for a month!

Relevancy 51.6%

I have come across an issue dealing with several games (Hellgate: London, Dungeon Runner, R.Y.L., etc. etc.) where from the launch window the game doesn't run. For example ill try to play Hellgate and open the launch window then click on the multiplayer tab only for the window to close. No process starts and stay idle in the Task Manager. No other windows open after the launcher. It just closes and doesn't give an error. My computer is up to date with all its drivers and Direct X.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/games-closing-after-launch-window.724609/
Relevancy 51.6%

I just installed build 7100 yesterday and i have really enjoyed it so far, but noticed one slight annoyance.

When I close a program or a window, the animation takes effect and the window begins to close, then pauses for literally a nano-second, before closing all the way. Its not much, but its noticeable enough to be an annoyance.

I've only been able to find one other post of someone complaining of the same issue, and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this or if anyone has a fix.

A:Closing window/program laggy

Try updating your chipset and gfx drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/9254-closing-window-program-laggy.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have usually been able to get the DOS window of a batch file to close by preceding the script with 'Echo off' and ending it with 'Cls'. But a batchfile that invokes Autohotkey and then a script in AutoHotKey, does not close;, not even when I end the batchfile with EXIT. I suspect that the focus may have moved from DOS, and so DOS commands are no longer executed. Whether or not that is true, how can I get the DOS window to close automatically ?

A:[SOLVED] Closing a batchfile's DOS window.

Good Question !

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-closing-a-batchfiles-dos-window-523384.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello all, my computer seems to not play videos unless it's in quicktime. Whenever I open any video player it closes immediately, also when I open a video on the web that isn't in quicktime my browser window closes.

Any idea what the problem is?

A:Window Closing When Playing Videos

You could check your file associations. Perhaps you are set up to use Quicktime for all types of files but it can't play all types

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/window-closing-when-playing-videos.514317/
Relevancy 51.6%

I am running Vista Home Premium and have IE8 and Firefox.

In the event I get one of those malware popups that you don't want to click on (not even the 'X') how do I get rid of it? Something about right clicking on the taskbar I think or there may be a keystroke shortcut.

Thanks

A:Closing Browser window without clicking

I would think a right click on the IE icon on the taskbar would give you the option to close the browser. It does in all other instances I can think of.

If that fails, you can always click "control, alt, delete" and get to the task manager and close it that way.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/244090-closing-browser-window-without-clicking.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,

My IE gives error when we click that X mark. Please let me know how to avoid the same.

A:Giving error on closing window...

What does the error message say?

Which version of IE are you using?

Is Windows up to date with service packs and MS updates?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/giving-error-on-closing-window-420447.html
Relevancy 51.6%

MY os is Windows 7 pro and browser is IE11. Problem: After closing a website that had audio/video streaming the audio can be heard in the background. I've cleared the  history files on my browser but to no avail. Is this something common with IE 11? I never had this problem with previous versions. Any help will be appreciated.

A:Audio remains after closing the window

Does this even happen with YouTube videos, or only on certain sites?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569295/audio-remains-after-closing-the-window/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello all I'm experiencing a problem with Internet Explorer where it would crash when I close the window This consistently happens when IE7 closing crash issue when window visiting comcast net and viewing any of the flash videos I am able to replicate this problem with the following steps Open IE Go to www comcast net Click on a video such as one of the Top Videos which opens a popup window Close popup video window The window closes and IE7 crash issue when closing window then causes IE to crash about of the time The following error appears in the event viewer Code Faulting application iexplore exe version faulting module unknown version fault address x b Code c e f c f c e e e e e e b e e f e e e f a d Here's a list of what I've done sofar to troubleshoot this issue - Uninstalled IE reverted back to IE Although it did not crash in IE I prefer to use IE - Disabled Add-ons disabling every single add-on including Shockwave Flash Player Even with out the video loading up closing the window crashed IE - Reset IE settings - Restored Advanced settings in IE - Disabled many startup processes via msconfig exe pertaining to recent installed or unknown programs - Reinstalled video card driver - Uninstalled all recently installed software If someone can point me in the right direction without formatting this machine that would be of great help to me Please let me know if there is any addition information I can provide Thank you Simon

A:IE7 crash issue when closing window

Open cmd and type the following (one entry
at a time), and press enter after each line. A message will appear stating
that these have been registered successfully.

regsvr32 Shdocvw.dll
regsvr32 Shell32.dll (this command only for Win2000 and XP)
regsvr32 Oleaut32.dll
regsvr32 Actxprxy.dll
regsvr32 Mshtml.dll
regsvr32 Urlmon.dll

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie7-crash-issue-when-closing-window-207359.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Mozilla doesn't seem to have a clue what's causing the crashes.
I'm running only one other app which is the newest Flash (from Adobe website).
The faulting module is XUL.DLL.
Attatched a couple of files from Event Viewer.
The "after close" crash is sporatic (maybe once every two or three days).
Anyone have an idea ?

A:Firefox 19.0.2 Crashes Immediately After Closing

Hi bej,

While researching, I came across various instances where 'similar crashes' are reported with 'Mozilla Firefox version 19.0.2'; appears to be a known issue.

You may try the troubleshooting steps listed in this tutorial to see if that helps: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...t-and-get-help

If the issue persists, you may try moving back to install an older version of 'Firefox' to and check results.
Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/282213-firefox-19-0-2-crashes-immediately-after-closing.html
Relevancy 51.6%

When I try to close Word 2002 after printing a document, I get the message "Microsoft Word has encountered a problem and needs to close." If I choose to recover my work, Word reopens with a blank document like I had simply clicked on the shortcut (the title bar shows the file name as Document1). This does not happen if I open a file to read it or make changes without printing, but it happens every time after printing. I am thinking that there is an incompatibility between Word and my printer's software. The printer is an HP Deskjet F4580, and I have the bare minimum software install (just the drivers and software needed to use all of the printer's functions). The printer is connected through USB, and the computer is running Windows XP Home Edition SP3 and is fully updated. I would appreciate any assistance with this problem.

A:Word 2002 crashes while closing

Hi lti ,

Please try to perform two basic steps below if you don't mind. We will uninstal and reinstall your printer and then use your Microsoft Office CD.

a.1)Uninstall Microsoft Office
XP >>
Please go to start and open Control Panel. Double click ADD/Remove Programs and uninstall the Microsoft Office program.

Vista/Win7 >>

Please go to start and open Control Panel. Double click Programs then under Programs Feature click Uninstall Program and look for the Microsoft program then uninstall it.

Or

a.2)Insert Microsoft Office and run the program then check if that has an option for REPAIR

Please restart the computer to make sure the changes that was done will take effect fully.

b.) Printer

Insert the CD driver of your Printer

XP >>
Please click START button then click RUN. Type "devmgmt.msc" and press Enter key on your keyboard.
Click the + to the left of Ports and right click Printer then click Properties click Driver tab then Uninstall driver
Right click Ports/Printer then click Properties click Driver tab then click Install/Update Driver
Follow the wizard and locate the CD drive to install the driver

Vista/Wn7 >>
Please click START then click CONTROL PANEL. Click Hardware and Sound then double click DEVICE MANAGER.
Click the + to the left of Ports and right click Printer then click Properties click Driver tab then Uninstall driver
Right click Ports/Printer then click Properties click Driver tab then click Install/Update Driver
Follow the wizard and locate the CD drive to install the driver

Then make a series of test. Check other document programs if they are doing the same...
Corneto_20

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/391862/word-2002-crashes-while-closing/
Relevancy 51.6%

Nearly everytime I close Outlook Express it crashes In fact there is express Outlook closing crashes when a program named Outlook express crashes when closing quot msimn quot which I think is Outlook Express himself which is still running when the program window is closed Then it turns to quot no response quot and it can freeze my computer or most of the times my web browser Outlook express crashes when closing I said quot nearly everytime quot because it doesn t crash everytime I close it Outlook express crashes when closing It s often when Internet Explorer is already launched This problem appeared some months ago but I don t know if it s consequent to any program installation My computer is two years old Ghz runs with Windows ME and has got Mo RAM It has got one drive separated in two ones of and Go The first one is where Windows is installed and the second one is for documents The first one has Go free and the second one Go My second problem is that I find it is too slow when comparing it to other Ghz computers I think that it has to be infected by any small virus es that only slow it down and crash it sometimes I give you here under the log of HiJackThis if you can find something strange in it Thank you ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows ME Win x MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SSDPSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM STIMON EXE C PROGRAM FILES FICHIERS COMMUNS EPSON EBAPI SAGENT EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MDM EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM ZONELABS VSMON EXE C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM RESTORE STMGR EXE C WINDOWS TASKMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C WINDOWS STARTER EXE C PROGRAM FILES MICROSOFT HARDWARE GAME CONTROLLERS STRATEGIC COMMANDER DAEMON EXE C WINDOWS LOADQM EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM LVCOMS EXE C PROGRAM FILES LOGITECH ITOUCH ITOUCH EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SPOOL EXE C PROGRAM FILES ZONE LABS ZONEALARM ZONEALARM EXE C PROGRAM FILES WINDOWS MEDIA COMPONENTS ENCODER WMENCAGT EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM HIDSERV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM PSTORES EXE C PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS REGEDIT EXE C PROGRAM FILES WINZIP WINZIP EXE C WINDOWS TEMP HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www strategie-expert com O - BHO no name - A -E CA- D - CD - D B - no file O - BHO myBar BHO - D D -F E - ad- A - ECE AC - C PROGRAM FILES MYWAY MYBAR BIN MYBAR DLL O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - Toolbar amp SearchBar - D D -F E - ad- A - ECE AC - C PROGRAM FILES MYWAY MYBAR BIN MYBAR DLL O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry C WINDOWS scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM Run TaskMonitor C WINDOWS taskmon exe O - HKLM Run PCHealth C WINDOWS PCHealth Support PCHSchd exe -s O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run EnsoniqMixer starter exe O - HKLM Run LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM Run CHotKey mHotkey exe O - HKLM Run Daemon C PROGRA MICROS GAMECO STRATE DAEMON EXE O - HKLM Run LoadQM loadqm exe O - HKLM Run EM EXEC C PROGRA LOGITECH MOUSEW SYSTEM EM EXEC EXE O - HKLM Run LVComs C WINDOWS SYSTEM LVComS exe O - HKLM Run MsTasks c windows system quickchange media v exe O - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus C Series C WINDOWS SYSTEM E S IC EXE P quot EPSON Stylus C Series quot O quot EPUSB quot M quot Stylus C quot O - HKLM Run zBrowser Launcher C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exe O - HKLM Run Hidserv Hidserv exe run O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C WINDOWS SYSTEM QTTASK EXE quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run Tweak UI RUNDLL EXE TWEAKUI CPL TweakMeUp O - HKLM RunServices LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM RunServices SchedulingAgent mstask exe O - HKLM RunServices SSDPSRV C WINDOWS SYSTEM s... Read more

A:Outlook express crashes when closing

I'm no expert, but I remember Zone Alarm causing me similar problems like that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-express-crashes-when-closing.146316/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have Adobe installed on my PC XP home edition.
Every time I exit the program it stalls all my windows and
promptly closes them all.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe twice and no difference.
Any ideas are welcome.

A:(Resolved) Adobe crashes PC on closing

Seems like deep registry scan by adware and spybot as advised by someone has fixed this problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolved-adobe-crashes-pc-on-closing.157774/
Relevancy 51.6%

HP Pavilion, Windows 32-bit Vista. I've been having this problem at work now for the past few weeks. We have free wi-fi there, and at times when I would close out of the internet, it would close, and then I would get the blue screen. It would then ask to restart windows normally, which I would do, and it would work fine. Lately, its been doing this more often, and now its doing it at my other job and home also. All are wi-fi access if that matters. I always get the pop up box that says windows was shut down and that microsoft would alert me to a solution. It doesn't happen with any other program.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!

A:Windows crashes after closing the internet

Hello,
Please preform the following:

Download/install BlueScreenView, http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html .

Double-click BlueScreenView.exe file.

When autoscan is done (screen comes up), click Edit/Select All...then File/Save Selected Items.

Save the report as BSOD.txt.

Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content and paste it into your next reply

Credit hamluis.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/446597/windows-crashes-after-closing-the-internet/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have had this problem once before and can't remember what I did to repair it. But it's back.
Only when I close my Yahoo mail window, I get a send error report to microsoft and it's really anoying. does anyone know how to fix this?......Thank you...Vicky:

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-when-closing-yahoo-mail-window-help.677732/
Relevancy 51.17%

When I click the upper right "X" to close an IE 6.0 window, I get an error and some or all IE windows close. The error windows asks if I want to send a report to Microsoft. (Error: "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience"). If I turn off all 3rd party IE extensions this doesn't happen.

Hijack log attached. Anything with nortel in the name is okay.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hijack-help-closing-ie-6-0-window-kills-all-windows.679892/
Relevancy 51.17%

If I open something on my computer it stays on my screen even after closing the window. If I open something else I can move it over the old window to erase the old one. How come it is not erasing automatically anymore?

A:After closing window it stays on screen does not erase

Thats probably lag.Try closing the window and seeing how long it takes to disappear without your help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/after-closing-window-it-stays-on-screen-does-not-erase-473082.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I created a GUI code in Qt and added release mode dll's in the release folder to run as an independent exe The application runs fine but whenever I close it I receive an has after closing window stopped working myApplication.exe the error stating myApplication exe has stopped working Kindly note that this error is obtained after closing myApplication and not while it runs Is it due to dll linker issues In the release folder I have added the copied the following dll files Code Qt Qt msvc plugins platforms Qt Qt msvc plugins imageformats Qt Qt msvc bin OpenCv bin msvcp dll amp msvcr dll Here is what I tried to solve this - Ran CHKDSK ref http windows-exe-errors com fixing -in-windows- Since this didn't work I tried with disabling DEP Data Execution Prevention When I myApplication.exe has stopped working after closing the window tried to selectively disable DEP for myApplication exe I got the following error - Code This program must run with DEP enabled You cannot turn off DEP for this program So I disabled DEP for the entire system using bcdedit in command prompt Ref http social technet microsoft com turn-off-dep But this did not help either On myApplication.exe has stopped working after closing the window closing myApplication exe it continues to show the error as mentioned in the title Please advise me to solve this challenge

A:myApplication.exe has stopped working after closing the window

Are you developing this application in Visual Studio 2010? If so, what happens if you run the application in debug mode? Running in debug mode will attach your application to the Visual Studio debugger, so when it stops the debugger will tell you exactly why!

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/338214-myapplication-exe-has-stopped-working-after-closing-window.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello, all?

I use TeamViewer frequently to assist others, but too often when I click to close an open, maximized window on the remote PC, I inadvertently click the Close "X" of the open, maximized TeamViewer window...which closes the session and breaks the connection. (I know that care will prevent the problem...but the Close "X" icons of a maximized window inside another window are one directly below the other.)

Is there any Windows 7 option/add-on/util that can require me to do something extra?beyond just clicking the Close "X"?to close a specific open window on my PC? (E.g., set a window so that it requires Ctl+click to close.)

Have searched the forums and Web at large, w/o success. Thx in advance for any ideas.

Shen

A:How To Protect An Open Window From Easy Closing

LOL, that happens to me as well. Though I don't need to use it frequently.

Bit annoying, don't know offhand any way round it..

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/321206-how-protect-open-window-easy-closing.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I missed the full error message and this will be my first DMP foray so your help in Chrome a Driver Window Closing BSOD IRQ..? helping me learn how to read and dissect this will be appreciated Specs CPU I - k stock Motherboard ASUS P Z -V Pro motherboard Cooler Hydro H cooler RAM Gb Corsair Vengance PSU Ocz W ZX Series Fully Modular PSU GPU ASUS ENGTX TI Sound Card Omega Claro Plus Boot Drive Ocz Vertex GB SSD x for RAID x Vertex GB SSD salvaged from the last PC Storage X Samsung TB HD SJ x Seagate TB ST AS X Western Digital TB WD EARS OS bit Windows Case Corsair d case Mouse R A T love it Mouse Pad Razer Vepas Speakers Dell Antec Lansing ACS Monitor Dell U best purchase ever Monitor Samsung Syncmaster BSOD Closing a Chrome Window Driver IRQ..? T Keyboard Corsair K Headset Steelseries H Podcast Microphone Blue Snowball FW on the SSD's are updated to and at that time I did a complete reinstall of Windows too Feb th Since that install I've added the sound card and so I've disabled the onboard sound I've also discovered and replaced a bad stick of RAM Currently am RMA'ing the monitor as there are issues with powering it on The actions before the BSOD tonight were opened Chrome - tabs NCIX com was one of those tabs - clicked Buy Now quot My Cart quot popped up ended postal code to check delivery cost clicked the 'X' to close the pop up and then CRASH No idea how to read a DMP file so I'm stuck

A:BSOD Closing a Chrome Window Driver IRQ..?

Your DMPs list Symantec...
Symantec is a frequent cause of BSOD's.
I would remove and replace it with Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST
http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_...080710133834EN

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/225299-bsod-closing-chrome-window-driver-irq.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I am trying to close a window on my Win2000 Ser using a batch file. I cannot find a way to shutdown the SQL Remote (I have Adaptive Server Anywhere 7 ver. 7.0.3.2082). SyBase told us to make the application a service but for one reason or another we cannot in this instance. Does anyone know how I can shut down this app. ether through SyBase or through Windows?

A:(Solved) Closing a window with a command line

Howdy Bookworm69...

If it is running as a process you can use tskill, to end it in a batch...

You will need the W2K resource kit for the file tskill.exe...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-closing-a-window-with-a-command-line.173887/
Relevancy 51.17%

Of late I have noticed a window on the taskbar (with no label) opening and closing in about 2 seconds. Malwarebytes does not detect any malicious programs running, nor does ESET detect anything out of order. Any clue what this might be or if I can run some sort of recorder to identify what it is?

Thanks.

Relevancy 51.17%

Is there a way to configure an IE window NOT to close (when accidentally clicking on the X)?

A:[SOLVED] Prevent IE window from accidetal closing

Just learned about "reopen last browsing session". that will work fo me.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/solved-prevent-ie-window-from-accidetal-closing-444206.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Not every time, but every once in awhile after I close my browser window on myspace, it repeatedly pops up myspace windows (usually about 40-50). Most of the time I end up having to manually shut down my computer without going through the shut down process. On occasion I can manage to close all these windows and it will stop.
What is going on with my computer? Do I have a virus? And if so, what can I do to get rid of it?
My computer came with Norton antivirus and after that expired I install McAfee antivirus. Neither program has found any virus.

I have an EMachine with Windows Vista.
And I have McAfee Antivirus.

A:Repeated Myspace Popup After Closing Window

You should tell us first if it does that on all websites or only on MySpace.

What's your web browser?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/repeated-myspace-popup-after-closing-window.787883/
Relevancy 50.74%

Everytime I close AIM my computer briefly hangs, then goes to the infamous BSOD, saying that an error in win32k.sys has ocurred, and something about a PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA.

This only started happening after I installed a new Radeon 9800 Pro and has some trouble with the drivers. At the same time, I also had to update the drivers for my Creative Audigy MP3, which has ALWAYS been causing me driver conflicts and errors.

Have any of you guys heard of this problem, or am I alone here?

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi guys. I speak an ugly english then forgive me. I lose my wifi connection (that is great -we have a lot of devices linlked to intenet simultaneusly-) every time i try to close the cover of my notebook. The connesion becomes slow and often crashes. In "Settings" i set up "to not intervene" in the settings when i close the cover. But the problem still the same. HP 15 Notebook PC - L0M92EA#ABZ - Windows 10 Home 64 bit 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-Crashes-closing-notebook-cover/td-p/5834238
Relevancy 50.74%

Trying to help a friend who has Vista 32-bit. The past few weeks, whenever she shuts down Itunes, the computer crashes. Everything else in Itunes works.....it's only when she closes the application. Checked out some of the Apple support troubleshooting techniques, but nothing seems to work. BTW, when in safe mode, Itunes shuts down without a problem.

A:Solved: Itunes crashes Vista when closing

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling itunes? Make sure if you do this, that anything in Itunes that needs to be kept is backed up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-itunes-crashes-vista-when-closing.1104516/
Relevancy 50.74%

When I opened multiple links and then close the last link every thing shuts down. I end up having to sign in to Yahoo and start all over, and it happens every time. I also get a message when I start my Yahoo that IE has a problem and must close, but it doesn't close.....nothing happens except for the message. Is there an option somewhere that I can select that allows multiple windows to stay open when I close just one?

Relevancy 50.74%

I use an external moniter and USB keyboard most of the time, so I like to close my laptop and have it "do nothing". Ever since Windows 10 installed itself on my laptop, I get a Blue Screen of Death whenever I close my lid.This occurs even if I try to have the laptop sleep or hibernate.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G700-Crashes-When-Closing-Lid-After-Win10-update/td-p/3462546
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello everyone So I've had this annoying problem for almost months now and it's really starting to bug me I have my HP Pavillion dv qte- set to sleep when to Lid Laptop Sleep Closing Somtimes Crashes When I close the lid Sometimes though it doesn't work successfully There's a light on the top of the shell of the laptop to Laptop Somtimes Crashes When Closing Lid to Sleep indicate if it's still on At times I'll close the lid and this light will remain lit If I open the lid the screen is blank and only the power button and Wi-Fi button are lit I can switch the latter on Laptop Somtimes Crashes When Closing Lid to Sleep and off it seems Even if the button to mute sounds was lit before closing the lid when this happens if I open the lid it will be off and I can't switch it back It seems the only actions I can take is to do a hard shutdown by holding the power button When I get back the only message I get is Windows has recovered from an unexpected error As I said there seems to be no pattern I update the BIOS and the dedicated GPU and it still seems to happen I also have a Logitech mini-receiver for the mouse that I keep plugged in at all times so I don't know if that has anything to do with it I just don't know where to start looking to get to the bottom of this Any advice would be appreciated

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/495877/laptop-somtimes-crashes-when-closing-lid-to-sleep/
Relevancy 50.74%

it crashes everytime I try to close it and this is the error description I get in Action Center.

Code:
Description
Faulting application name: WORDPAD.EXE, version: 6.1.7057.0, time stamp: 0x49b0db0f
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7057.0, time stamp: 0x49b0eed7
Exception code: 0xc000000d
Fault offset: 0x000971ea
Faulting process id: 0x494
Faulting application start time: 0x01c9a98f24bc78dd
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Windows NT\Accessories\WORDPAD.EXE
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: b794a2c2-1588-11de-8350-001d7da5d45a

A:Wordpad crashes upon closing [Windows 7 7057]

Think that happened to me too when I was editing the hosts file. I didn't look at the error details though.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/5715-wordpad-crashes-upon-closing-windows-7-7057-a.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I m writing this from my laptop as my desktop is increasingly unstable and has been f r a while I ve taken advice from tech-wise guys online forums and spent money with computer repair shops trying to sort it Windows crashes, Random applications freezes, closing Vista Home Premium has been reinstalled more than once hardware disconnected drivers updated memory has been tested and swapped - and whatever else I could think of or has been suggested The words quot Windows has detected a problem quot or quot The quot application quot has closed and is restarting quot are so familiar that I no longer scream I have a Packard Bell imedia with Random crashes, freezes, applications closing Intel quad core Gb Samsung memory in two strips although system only seems to Random crashes, freezes, applications closing recognise runnig Vista Home Premium -bit Random crashes, freezes, applications closing Gb HD and a PSU When I get a BSOD the codes files quoted are invariably different and often there are no files quoted or other indications apart from quot Windows detected a problem quot These things seem totally random - today for instance - the first time ever - I was told that quot plug and play quot had stopped But I often don t always get a BSOD - I just get messages such as quot Desktop Windows closed quot or quot The application stopped quot or quot Internet Explorer closed quot and very occasionally no message at all just a restart I did suspect my Kaspersky protection but problems occur with or without it though seemingly less often when it is stopped - and I have the same security on this laptop Windows without the slightest problem Professional advice has been to reinstall Windows - done twice with only short temporary gain Can t see the point of paying yet again for the same advice nbsp

A:Random crashes, freezes, applications closing

If possible please tell us what the computer shops did to repair your system in bullit points.

Secondly please give us your full hardware profile in bullet points as well. It makes it much easier this way. Yes, we know you have a 250 psu but we'd like the brand name. Also video card, etc. How old is this system?

Lastly...

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don?t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don?t Zip each one individually.

P.S. 32-bit Operating Systems cannot recognize or utilize 4 gigs of RAM. 3.5 is the max.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-crashes-freezes-applications-closing.155751/
Relevancy 50.74%

When I close a folder (such as My Computer, or the C drive contencts window, or control panel, or printers folder, etc)
the following happens:
there is a 3 second pause
then taskbar dissapears
the wallpaper dissapears
the desktop items dissapear
the taskbar reappears
the desktop items reappear
(sometimes the wallpaper reappears, and sometimes a
white screen appears instead, stating that active desktop has
been turned off because windows has experienced an error. I then turn on
active desktop).
when the taskbar reappears, its missing most of the memory resident program icons, such as my firewall.)

Rebooting the system ofcourse did not help.
I ran norton antivirus, adaware se, and spybot search and destroy.
I did get rid of some spyware but the problem did not go away
please help

A:windows 2000 has coniption when closing a system window

Is that just a plain conniption, or is it like a conniption fit?
I'd start with the basics. Run disk cleanup and check all of the boxes there. Then defrag the HD. You can also run AdAware and SpyBot in safemode, they will find more stuff. Once the computer is squeaky clean you will have a better chance of problem solving.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-has-coniption-when-closing-a-system-window.367874/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have two computers that have win x pro ult Recently both computers after typing in my poassword for login to windows I get the desktop icons the hardware meter gadgets then a windows pops up near the top left corner about a of the screen size and it immediately closes It isn't there long enough for me to read anything in it or even see if there is anything in it Under start-up folder in the start menu both computers do have logitech registration I click it fill it out and re start the computer Still happens and the start up folder still has logitech's product registration there I complete it restart the computer and the window still shos up then closes screen startup, window at closing opening instanly. and Damn near instantly Under start-up the logitech thing is gone window screen opening and closing at startup, instanly. so it is window screen opening and closing at startup, instanly. blank But it still happens Installing the webcam and using it for Logitech Vid is the only thing I have changed recently on both computers Also windows did have an update monday i believe Any thoughts I have no idea what to look for in regedit

A:window screen opening and closing at startup, instanly.

Type event viewer in search and see if anything appears there, that might be an answer

Try in safe mode

Try a clean boot to try to localize the cause.
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

Unless on a network, if two computers just started this recently, it is something that you did.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/111608-window-screen-opening-closing-startup-instanly.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a problem running a task with Task Scheduler. The task doesn't run. I have to debug it. When I try to make it run from the app a message appears on a command line message, but it appears and disappears so quickly that I can't read it. To fix the problem I need to read it to know what is going on.

Can someone please tell me how to stop that command line window message from closing, please?

A:Stop Command Line Window Message From Closing

can you run the program from the command line?

open a new cmd window go to Run and type in cmd.exe

when it opens it should be in c:\windows

navigate to the folder, run the file

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/74708-stop-command-line-window-message-closing.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Recently my PC has begun to crash to a solid colour screen after closing or sometimes even alt-tabbing out of a game The colours are varied from washed out grey to purple to green and requires the PC to be fully restarted The problem is inconsistent and can happen whether I ve played for five minutes or two hours and sometimes screen upon PC to colour solid closing crashes games? doesn t happen at all It s happened on all the games I play frequently enough for it to occur such as Battlefield Saints Row IV Dark Souls and Amnesia A Machine for Pigs It seems to only do this when it comes to gaming as other intensive applications such as video editing software and PC crashes to solid colour screen upon closing games? rendering run just fine I ve also checked temps and they seem fine My GPU never goes above Celsius or so when idle and never above - ingame The CPU temps are also reasonable with - being my idle and about whenever I m ingame I ve updated all my drivers as well My system spec is as follows - Intel i GB of Kingston HyperX RAM EVGA GTX SC GB TB Western Digital Black Hard Drive Corsair TX w v Fractal Define R Case with standard fans I appreciate any and all help Thanks nbsp

A:PC crashes to solid colour screen upon closing games?

Hi and welcome to TSG.

I am assuming this is a self / custom build based on your listed specs?
What is the exact make, model and revision number of the motherboard?

Can you provide a DXDiag report? Copy and paste the entire report into a reply here.

What software are you using to check your temps?

You have a good PSU in there but worth checking the output voltages, even good manufacturers sometimes have bad units slip through the net. I use HWMonitor as a guage in Windows (its free), if you can provide a screenshot of HWMonitor with your system idle at the desktop, then leaving HWMonitor running run a game for a couple of minutes then exit (if we are lucky it wont crash) so we can get another screenshot. Then post the two screenshots in a reply here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-crashes-to-solid-colour-screen-upon-closing-games.1108096/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi there,

I'm using sound blaster X-Fi 3 and sometimes when i close the window then reopen it at a later time it comes up way too small or way too big. Ending the process then starting the software again only fixes the problem temporarily.

(In the attatchment) this is an example of when it is big but i will update with a screenshot for when its too small.

Is there anything i can do to fix this? as ending process then starting the software again is quite impractical.

Thanks in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/398328-window-size-glitches-specific-software-when-closing-then-reopening.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello I keep getting problems with Mozilla Firefox continually closing it s window I wasn t sure what might have caused this Unexpectedly Closing/msconfig Cws Firefox Scan Window Results so I decided to do some scans No threats were found in spybot ad-aware or virus scan but I noticed that when I ran the Trendmicro CWShredder in safe mode that CWS Msconfig would be found It would keep coming up every time I tried another scan in safe mode Normal boot would show no threats in CWShredder I m not sure if the result is a separate issue but mozilla continues to randomly exit the window Below is my hijack this report Thanks LeeI cannot use any other version other than because none of the exe files or zip files for the newest version are opening from my computer for some reason Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System Firefox Window Unexpectedly Closing/msconfig Cws Scan Results svchost exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exeC WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXEC WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYSC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exeC Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exeC Program Files Creative SB Live -bit Surround Mixer CTSysVol exeC PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files Last fm LastFMHelper exeC Program Files Microsoft Works WksWP exeC Program Files Microsoft Works WkDStore exeC Program Files Microsoft Works wkgdcach exeC Program Files PeoplePC ISP Browser Bartshel exeC Program Files PeoplePC ISP Browser Bartshel exeC PROGRA PeoplePC ISP Browser PPShared exeC PROGRA Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HiJackThis v exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http home peoplepc com searchR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http home peoplepc com searchR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Road Runner High Speed OnlineO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO UberButton Class - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dllO - BHO YahooTaggedBM Class - D A - CA - B-BB - D EFB A - C Program Files Yahoo Common YIeTagBm dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO PeoplePC ScamGuard - E A - BC - d -B FD- B ACC FEDED - C Program Files PeoplePC Toolbar ScamGrd dllO - BHO PeoplePal Toolbar - A FB EB - B- - D- F E E - C Program Files PeoplePC Toolbar PPCToolbar dllO - BHO dcads - C C A E-BE A- DD- D - BE BAC - C WINDOWS system nsh dllO - Toolbar PeoplePal Toolbar - A FB EB - B- - D- F E E - C Program Files PeoplePC Toolbar PPCToolbar dllO - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXEO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run SunKistEM C Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exeO - HKLM Run CTSysVol C Program Files Creative SB Live -bit Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe rO - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeO - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Fi... Read more

A:Firefox Window Unexpectedly Closing/msconfig Cws Scan Results

I apologize for the very long delay. We have a huge backlog of HijackThis Logs to handle and it has been taking us greater time than normal to get caught up. If you are still having a problem, and want us to analyze your information, please post a brand new hijackthis log. If we do not hear back from you within a couple of days we will need to close your topic.

When posting your logs please post them directly into the reply. Do not attach them.

Thank you for your patience.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/117754/firefox-window-unexpectedly-closingmsconfig-cws-scan-results/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello I keep getting problems with Mozilla Firefox continually closing it s window I wasn t sure what msconfig Unexpectedly Results/Firefox Scan Window Cws Closing might have caused this so I decided to do some scans No threats were found in spybot ad-aware or virus scan but I noticed that when I ran the Trendmicro CWShredder in safe mode that CWS Msconfig would be found It would keep coming up every time I tried another scan in safe mode Normal boot would show no threats in CWShredder I m not sure if msconfig Cws Scan Results/Firefox Window Unexpectedly Closing the result is a separate issue but mozilla continues to randomly exit the window Below is my hijack this report Thanks Lee Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil msconfig Cws Scan Results/Firefox Window Unexpectedly Closing Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common msconfig Cws Scan Results/Firefox Window Unexpectedly Closing Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exe C Program Files Creative SB Live -bit Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Last fm LastFMHelper exe C Program Files PeoplePC ISP Browser Bartshel exe C Program Files PeoplePC ISP Browser Bartshel exe C PROGRA PeoplePC ISP Browser PPShared exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http home peoplepc com search R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO UberButton Class - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO YahooTaggedBM Class - D A - CA - B-BB - D EFB A - C Program Files Yahoo Common YIeTagBm dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO PeoplePC ScamGuard - E A - BC - d -B FD- B ACC FEDED - C Program Files PeoplePC Toolbar ScamGrd dll O - BHO PeoplePal Toolbar - A FB EB - B- - D- F E E - C Program Files PeoplePC Toolbar PPCToolbar dll O - Toolbar PeoplePal Toolbar - A FB EB - B- - D- F E E - C Program Files PeoplePC Toolbar PPCToolbar dll O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run SunKistEM C Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exe O - HKLM Run CTSysVol C Program Files Creative SB Live -bit Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe r O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Global Startup HP Digital Imaging Monitor lnk C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe O - Global Startup Last fm Helper lnk C Program Fi... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/msconfig-cws-scan-results-firefox-window-unexpectedly-closing.654825/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello firstly i'd like to say i'm not entirely sure if this is in with closing/restarts Random Issues BSoD, dropping connection... PC my + window - the right subject forum if not i appologize and i'd like it to Issues with my PC - BSoD, Random window closing/restarts + dropping connection... be moved to the necassary forum if needbe Thanks Anyway i've been having a few problems with my PC Issues with my PC - BSoD, Random window closing/restarts + dropping connection... lately I play World of Warcraft quite frequently week holidays and recently my PC has decided to close the window it is playing it drop the connection oddly from the game I've been witnessing Blue screen's of death with some random information which i have not yet taken note of will write on a notepad what it says if needed next time it happens it says something about driver issues however i'm not sure if thats correct Once or twice my pc has completely restarted itself with no errors or warnings The problem with the connection dropping is that it doesn't drop my internet connection entirely i can still view webpages use MSN Xfire to talk to friends - However i am unable to cast spells skills or anything ingame although my friends ingame can see me moving and casting but clientside nothing is happening and all other players are stood still or running on the spot Time of this report Machine name JACK Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Build Service Pack xpsp sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer System manufacturer System Model System Product Name BIOS Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor MMX DNow CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode I also forgot to add each time i try to download a large ish file i am always brought with the problem quot Bad CRC quot or quot CRC Failure quot or something alike These files can range from something like mb to mb usually below mb is alright depending on hosts but i certainly cannot download more than mb Thanks very much for your time Jack

A:Issues with my PC - BSoD, Random window closing/restarts + dropping connection...

try upgrading your graphics card and directx. the blue screen sometimes can refer to a lack of ram i would recommend you increased your pagerfile, although it is ver slow compared to ram, we can give it a try. right click on my computer then properties, when the page is displayed click advance tab then performance and click settings. choose advance again at the bottom it says virtual memory, click change and put the maximum at 2000mb.
i would also try the event viewer but for now try that then we see.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/issues-with-my-pc-bsod-random-window-closing-restarts-dropping-connection-239440.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi There - you guys closing search-daily prompts, window virusplus IE installation hijacker, have helped me in the past amp I'm in a real mess now Started with search-daily hijacker, virusplus installation prompts, IE window closing every time we clicked on a link after searching for something in google or yahoo we'd get re-directed to search-daily com - usually it took a few attempts before getting to the right site We didn't have any up-to-date virus software so thought it would be a good idea to download McAffee Antivirus which our bank gave us free This made me uninstall ou ZoneAlarm firewall our out-of-date Norton Antivirus amp Spybot but didn't find anything search-daily related amp didn't stop it happening Since then in addition to the search-daily hijeckinmg wealso keep getting a popup saying we have Mlaware on our PC amp need to get some sort of fake Antivirus software and just lately our IE has been frequently crashing to the dektop with no error message Went thru the steps - here are the results Thanks in advance for your help Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Buzul on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis run as Buzul exe ----------------------------------------------- Unable to find log file not found running clone -- HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------ Emulating logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at - - Platform Windows Service Pack MSIE Internet Explorer Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINNT system SMSS EXE C WINNT system CSRSS EXE C WINNT system WINLOGON EXE C WINNT system SERVICES EXE C WINNT system LSASS EXE C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exe C WINNT system svchost exe C Program Files McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee MNA McNASvc exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee McProxy McProxy exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MpfSrv exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system mstask exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C WINNT system wbem WinMgmt exe C WINNT system mspmspsv exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT explorer exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C WINNT system rundll exe C WINNT system Keyhook exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files eFax Messenger J GDllCmd exe C Program Files Samsung Samsung Media Studio SamsungMediaStudioAgent exe C WINNT system internat exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files FinePixViewer QuickDCF exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Program Files McAfee VirusScan mcsysmon exe C Documents and Settings Buzul Desktop dss exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www google com ie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www google com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www uk yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www google com ie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http www google com search q s R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer webcache blueyonder co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www google com ie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Search URL http www google com ie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www google com ie R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe userinit exe O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F ... Read more

A:search-daily hijacker, virusplus installation prompts, IE window closing

Hello again - I appreciate you guys are really busy, but at the end of the 5 steps thing it said to bump my post after 72 hours - and it's been 3 days now!

Thanks again in advance, just ask if there's anything else you need to know.

Tori

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/search-daily-hijacker-virusplus-installation-prompts-ie-window-closing-215413.html
Relevancy 49.45%

i couldnt think of how to describe it for the title easily and I am about to go home to maybe tomorrow I will work it out.

My Vista box is currently demonstrating curious behaviour. When I open IE7 I select a favorite and it opens a new window with that favorite in it. If I do a search with my default provider in the original window, the search results appear in a new tab in the second window.

The second window does not display this behaviour. It works normally with my standard settings - open favorites in the current tab.

Again, favorites chosen in the first window continue to appear in the second window. Search results too.

Running IE7 in safe mode stops this behaviour but I have not installed any new software and I have removed all my temporary internet files/addon settings etc.

Any ideas would be great. Funny old game eh

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-explorer-opens-new-window-and-sends-all-new-page-requests-to-that-window.121568/
Relevancy 49.02%

HJT log Code Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM (not closing explorer I-explorer) vista keeps on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm vista explorer (not I-explorer) keeps closing exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Taskmgr exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows sttray exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C Program Files Free Download Manager fdm exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows explorer exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system cmd exe C Windows system xcopy exe C Downloads Software HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www gateway com g startpage html Ch Retail amp SubCH BB amp Br vista explorer (not I-explorer) keeps closing GTW amp Loc ENG US amp Sys PTB amp M T- R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main vista explorer (not I-explorer) keeps closing Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www gateway com g startpage html Ch Retail amp SubCH BB amp Br GTW amp Loc ENG US amp Sys PTB amp M T- R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www gateway com g sidepanel html Ch Retail amp SubCH BB amp Br GTW amp Loc ENG US amp Sys PTB amp M T- R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINDOWS Config csrss exe O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - MRI DISABLED - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - E - EA - - C B D - C Windows system ddcbYQkJ dll O - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - BHO no name - AC - E- DE-AC E-C E CB C A - C Windows system aWomkliH dll file missing O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO FDMIECookiesBHO Class - CC E F - E - FA- FAA- BF - C Program Files Free Download Manager iefdm dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hide O - HKLM Run StartCCC quot C Program Files ATI quot Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe O - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp sttray exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run vmware-tray C Program Files VMware VMware Workstation vmware-tray exe O - HKLM Run MSServer rundll exe C Windows system wvUmjIcB dll O - HKLM Run AVP quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe quot O - HKCU Run RunSpySweeperScheduleAtStartup quot C Windows system msfeedssync exe quot ScheduleSweep User Feed Synchronization- BC F - C - B-A C - D FC EF O - HKCU Run Free Download Manager quot C Program Files Free Download Manager fdm exe quot -autorun O - HKCU Run Steam quot C Program Files Steam Steam exe quot -silent O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - Global Startup Bluetooth lnk O - Extra context menu item Download all with Free Download Man... Read more

A:vista explorer (not I-explorer) keeps closing

Hello badatthis

We have a special forum here for dealing with malware problems.

Would you please post there.

Please follow our 5 Step process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

After running through all the steps, please post the requested logs in the HijackThis Log Help forum.
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...this-log-help/

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-explorer-not-i-explorer-keeps-closing-241372.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi My windows explorer crashes and restarts every time I perform some action e g opening a file moving a file saving a file I get the standard quot windows explorer encountered a problem and needs to shut down sorry for the inconvenience quot message In addition trying to attach a file mostly word documents crashes the web browser - IE and firefox simply close chrome gives an error message quot plug-in crash - shockwave flash quot and becomes unresponsive I very much appreciate your help DDS txt log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Uriel at on Wed Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft upon crashes attaching Windows crashes emails browser to constantly, explorer files Windows XP Professional GMT AV Symantec AntiVirus Windows explorer crashes constantly, browser crashes upon attaching files to emails Corporate Edition On-access scanning enabled Updated FB E- B - A- F -E D C Running Processes C WINDOWS system ibmpmsvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System Windows explorer crashes constantly, browser crashes upon attaching files to emails svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Windows explorer crashes constantly, browser crashes upon attaching files to emails Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files LENOVO HOTKEY TPHKSVC exe C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities AcPrfMgrSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files ThinkPad Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files Backblaze bzserv exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG mdm exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Common Files Lenovo tvt reg monitor svc exe C WINDOWS System TPHDEXLG EXE C WINDOWS system TpKmpSVC exe C Program Files Lenovo Rescue and Recovery rrservice exe C Program Files Common Files Lenovo Scheduler tvtsched exe C Program Files Lenovo Rescue and Recovery ADM IUService exe C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities AcSvc exe c program files lenovo system update suservice exe C Program Files Common Files Lenovo Logger logmon exe C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities SvcGuiHlpr exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT EzEjMnAp Exe C WINDOWS system TpShocks exe C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TPOSDSVC exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TPONSCR exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI EXE C PROGRA THINKV PrdCtr LPMGR exe C Program Files Lenovo Zoom TpScrex exe C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Common Files Lenovo Scheduler scheduler proxy exe C Program Files Lenovo SafeGuard PrivateDisk pdservice exe C Program Files Lenovo Client Security Solution cssauth exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files LENOVO Message Center Plus MCPLaunch exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TPFNF R exe C Program Files Lenovo NPDIRECT TPFNF SP exe C WINDOWS sy... Read more

A:Windows explorer crashes constantly, browser crashes upon attaching files to emails

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Post both logs (no need to zip attach.txt).Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.-------------------------------------------------------------Please be patient and I'd be grateful if you would note the followingThe cleaning process is not instant. DDS logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/281026/windows-explorer-crashes-constantly-browser-crashes-upon-attaching-files-to-emails/
Relevancy 49.02%

this is the log i did with hijackthis Please advice and also my download speed varies when i check it on the online speed-o-meter is there like a downloader or trojan of some sort Logfile of Trend Micro Explorer close open crashes IE crashes files tabs, whenever when i i video HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C IE crashes whenever i close tabs, Explorer crashes when i open video files Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA IE crashes whenever i close tabs, Explorer crashes when i open video files exe C Documents and Settings All Users WINDOWS Application Data EPSON EPW SSRP E S RP EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindServiceAE exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS DVDAudio CTDVDDet EXE C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files ASUS GamerOSD GamerOSD exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr Communications Helper exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr LVComSX exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Application Launcher Application Launcher exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIBGP EXE C Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared Generic exe C Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Mobile Phone Monitor epmworker exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - Toolbar no name - FFDE - - f -B D-FC A F C - no file O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run CTSysVol C Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe r O - HKLM Run CTDVDDET C Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS DVDAudio CTDVDDet EXE O - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run SBDrvDet C Program Files Creative SB Drive Det SBDrvDet exe r O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXE O - HKLM Run Nv... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/ie-crashes-whenever-i-close-tabs-explorer-crashes-when-i-open-video-files-286375.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello everyone This morning I turned my computer on to find that Explorer exe had crashed I attempted restarting explorer exe but every time it attempted to restart it would just crash Details Problem signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Crashes, again. attempts restart, crashes Inside Explorer.exe Details Application Name explorer exe Application Version Application Timestamp d ee Fault Module Name comctl dll Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp ce c Explorer.exe Crashes, attempts restart, crashes again. Details Inside b Exception Code c Exception Offset c OS Version Locale ID Additional Information Additional Information cffbb e c e d Additional Information dd Additional Information dde a ebcc fd b fa f I have already begun a System Scan using sfc scannow in Command Prompt which just finished upon writing this up an Windows didn't find any quot integrity violations quot I have NOT installed the latest Windows Updates only because I haven't gotten around to doing it I have also read on other forums that Microsoft Security Essentials seems to be the culprit but I wanted to come here to verify that with you guys before I start messing with Windows essential applications What I will do in the meantime while waiting for an answer here is run a chkdsk and a virus scan AVG Thanks in advance EDIT Explorer.exe Crashes, attempts restart, crashes again. Details Inside Rebooted my computer and Explorer exe now runs fine The problem I'm going to run with is intermittent but still how would I go about fixing this

A:Explorer.exe Crashes, attempts restart, crashes again. Details Inside

Are you running both AVG and MSE? If so, remove one or the other. Having two security programs that accomplish essentially the same tasks can cause conflicts due to them accessing the same system files or system resources simultaneously. It is possible this is the behavior that is causing your explorer.exe issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/230723-explorer-exe-crashes-attempts-restart-crashes-again-details-inside.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Ok I have an annoying popup ad everytime I close IE. How do I get rid of it?

A:pop up ad when closing explorer

It would help if you could give us your System info as well as more specific info about the popup.With vague info like you have given us,noone can help you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pop-up-ad-when-closing-explorer.224006/
Relevancy 48.16%

My computer's explorer exe keeps on closing sometimes I usually have to open it again through CTRL ALT DEL Explorer.exe closing keeps on and sometimes it gives me a message that looks like this The dll name always changes though Also my Automatic Updates is turned off and I tried to turn it on through the Security Center using this guide http www online-tech-tips com computer-t omatic-updates but it doesn't work when I try to enable Automatic Updates It pops up with this message DDS Version - NTFSx Run Explorer.exe keeps on closing by Owner at on Tue Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Trend Micro Internet Security On-access scanning enabled Updated FW Trend Micro Personal Firewall enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Trend Micro BM TMBMSRV exeC Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYSC Program Files Explorer.exe keeps on closing Trend Micro Internet Security SfCtlCom exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TmPfw exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security UfSeAgnt exeC Program Files Trend Micro Explorer.exe keeps on closing Internet Security TmProxy exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TMAS OE TMAS OEMon exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilterC Program Files Winamp winamp exeC Program Files Last fm LastFM exeC Program Files AIM aim exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files mIRC mirc exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC Documents and Settings Owner Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Bar hxxp www gateway com g sidepanel html Ch Retail amp Br EM amp Loc ENG US amp Sys DTP amp M T uStart Page about blankmStart Page about blankuInternet Settings ProxyOverride localmSearchAssistant hxxp www gateway com g sidepanel html Ch Retail amp Br EM amp Loc ENG US amp Sys DTP amp M T BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO TW BrowserHook e b - ff- d - d -ffffac f - TW BHO ClassBHO c - a - c - -c ad d aec - c windows system ddcATLCv dllBHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dllBHO b b- - be - f-b fc e ad - c windows system qoMdEUKC dllTB C B - - D - B - A CD F - No FileTB B EA- - DC -A FC- F D - No FileEB Real com fe fa -d c- d - fa- c f afe - c windows system Shdocvw dlluRun OE c program files trend micro internet security tmas oe TMAS OEMon exeuRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exemRun UfSeAgnt exe quot c program files trend micro internet security UfSeAgnt exe quot mRun MSConfig c windows pchealth helpctr binaries MSConfig exe autodRun OE c program files trend micro internet security tmas oe TMAS OEMon exeIE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - c program files aim aim exeIE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeIE F C DB -ED - dc - E-D D C - c program files bodog poker BPGame exeIE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exeIE B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBC - c program files java jre bin ssv dllIE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c progra micros office REFIEBAR DLLIE CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - FE FA -D C- d - FA- C F AFE - c windows system Shdocvw dllLSP c windows system mclsp dllNotify AtiExtEvent - Ati evxx dllNotify ddcATLCv - ddcATLCv dllNotify igfxcui - igfxdev dllSSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - c windows system WPDShServiceObj dllSEH c - a - c - -c ad d aec - c windows system ddcATLCv dllLSA Authentication Packages msv c windows system qoMdEUKC FIREFOX FF - ProfilePath - c docume owner applic mozilla firefox profiles dh aiz default FF - prefs js browser search selectedEngine - DAEMON SearchFF - prefs j... Read more

A:Explorer.exe keeps on closing

Welcome to the BleepingComputer Forums. Since it has been a few days since you scanned your computer with HijackThis, we will need a new HijackThis log. If you have not already downloaded Random's System Information Tool (RSIT), please download Random's System Information Tool (RSIT) by random/random which includes a HijackThis log and save it to your desktop. If you have RSIT already on your computer, please run it again. Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT. Click Continue at the disclaimer screen. Please post the contents of log.txt. Thank you for your patience.Please see Preparation Guide for use before posting about your potential Malware problem. If you have already posted this log at another forum or if you decide to seek help at another forum, please let us know. There is a shortage of helpers and taking the time of two volunteer helpers means that someone else may not be helped. While we are working on your HijackThis log, please: Reply to this thread; do not start another! Do not make any changes on your computer during the cleaning process or download/add programs on your computer unless instructed to do so. Do not run any other tool until instructed to do so! Let me know if any of the links do not work or if any of the tools do not work. Tell me about problems or symptoms that occur during the fix. Do not run any other programs or open any other windows while doing a fix. Ask any questions that you have regarding the fix(es), the infection(s), the performance of your computer, etc.Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/190849/explorerexe-keeps-on-closing/