? x64
? system is 1 year old
? OS was installed today
? CPU is AMD Phenom II X4 925 (3.6ghz)
? Video Card is ati radeon 4890
? MotherBoard is gigabyte amd ultra durable 3
? 500w OCZ

hey yall,

i dont know an awful lot about computers, my friend built and installed 7 on this one for me, i'd just like it to work without bsods so i can enjoy it before i have to leave again. i appreciate all yall replies and will check back here in a week or so since yall seem mighty busy. peace and take care.

steve

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: BSOD on fresh win7 x64 install

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: BSOD on fresh win7 x64 install

bump as this has fallen to page 3, really appreciate your time guys, ty.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-on-fresh-win7-x64-install-465858.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I keep getting the xA BSOD BSOD of install on Win7 x64 fresh on my BSOD on fresh install of Win7 x64 new reinstall of Windows Home Premium x had to reinstall due to motherboard failure - tested all components on another system and they were fine Installed WIndows motherboard GPU and wireless drivers and it was fine Today amongst things such as iTunes Skype zip and Steam I ve installed some drivers for my USR skype phone and Soluto As soon as the Soluto installer started downloading files the first BSOD hit xA BlueScreenView cannot determine the cause Rebooted tried to replicate the issue and Soluto installed perfectly About minutes later I was on Chrome and the second BSOD happened I had problems with the latest version of the wireless card drivers before on my old install BSODs when opening San Andreas Multi-Player so I decided to roll back to the ones I had on CD This worked for longer minutes or so and I was watching a video and the third blue screen occurred slightly different to the first I m about to uninstall the Skype phone and Soluto to see if that fixes it Dumps are attached for all if anyone could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated I am in a rush to fix this as I need my PC for my studies I did check the Event Viewer and there was a xc error with svchost exe about a second before all records stopped on the third BSOD but couldn t find anything on the internet Specs Phenom II X BE at stock Asus M A R GB RAM a GB G Skill MHz stick and x GB Corsair ValueRAM MHz sticks - am running memtest as I type this just to be sure as these were added last night MSI HD GB HAWK GB Samsung SpinPoint F GB Seagate Pipeline HD Samsung SH AB DVD-RW Asus PCI-G wireless card iAPP CR-i card reader LCDMODKIT U FW-A front panel LCD drivers not installed yet nbsp

A:BSOD on fresh install of Win7 x64

Disregard this I think - 59000 faults on one of the Corsair modules in Memtest

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-on-fresh-install-of-win7-x64.185815/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi,

I have been getting bsod for a while now and on a bit of research tried memtest86 and had errors on test 13 (corsair vengeance 8gb 2 X 4gb) so I went and got some new ram (corsair vengeance pro 16gb 2 X 8gb) and at the same time a new ssd for a fresh install of win 7
so fresh install of win 7 (with old ide not connected) on new ssd and new ram and also within the last month a new 700w power supply and a new gtx 960 video card and im still getting random bsod
any help would be much appreciated
Thanks

A:Still getting BSOD after fresh install of win7 on new ssd with new ram

While waiting for someone to comment on BSODs..

3tb ide? You sure it is not a SATA drive in ide mode?(set in BIOS)
Download and run AS SSD (no need to run the benchmark). Take a screenshot and post here please

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/370612-still-getting-bsod-after-fresh-install-win7-new-ssd-new-ram.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Been getting this BSOD randomly. Thought was the vga card as computer would not wake up the next morning after being on all night. And computer would not POST once, only worked when took out vga card and used onboard video. I've since purchased and installed a new vga card. And reinstalled windows 7. But just got 2 BSOD today. So seeking some help here.

Attached SF Diagnostic Tool Logs

A:BSOD even after fresh install of Win7

Hello Subby,

I am not an expert on reading dump files.
But as reading your post, i am thinking it is the problem of your PSU. Maybe your PSU is not compatible with your Graphics card.
Can you post your system specs?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/359865-bsod-even-after-fresh-install-win7.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I've been having random BSOD crashed for about a year now, since I assembled this machine. 3 or 4 different error codes, all of which pointed to memory issues from what I could find online.
I performed a fresh install of Win7 a few nights ago, including a format of my HDD. 2 or 3 days later, the first BSOD occurred.

Basic Information:
Win7Prox64
Intel Core2Quad Q8300 (@2.5GhZ) Processor
Gigabyte P31-ES3G Motherboard
4gigs DDR2 PC2-8500 Ram (2x2gb) Memory Master RAM
300g Western Digital SATA Velociraptor HDD.
Radeon HD5750 Video Card

Attachment includes my System Health Report (Html file) And the Bluescreen Dump report (Both as requested in the posting guidelines forum).

Thank you in advance for any and all help

A:BSOD after fresh Win7 Install

Quote: Originally Posted by Porkstorm

I've been having random BSOD crashed for about a year now, since I assembled this machine. 3 or 4 different error codes, all of which pointed to memory issues from what I could find online.
I performed a fresh install of Win7 a few nights ago, including a format of my HDD. 2 or 3 days later, the first BSOD occurred.

Basic Information:
Win7Prox64
Intel Core2Quad Q8300 (@2.5GhZ) Processor
Gigabyte P31-ES3G Motherboard
4gigs DDR2 PC2-8500 Ram (2x2gb) Memory Master RAM
300g Western Digital SATA Velociraptor HDD.
Radeon HD5750 Video Card

Attachment includes my System Health Report (Html file) And the Bluescreen Dump report (Both as requested in the posting guidelines forum).

Thank you in advance for any and all help

Memory corruption possibly caused by malware bytes
I would run memtest and remove mbam and replace with Microsoft security essentials
Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.
Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot. Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\021711-18127-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\Symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols;srv*e:\symbols
*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16695.amd64fre.win7_gdr.101026-1503
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02a5a000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02c97e50
Debug session time: Thu Feb 17 18:32:26.296 2011 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:09:33.184
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A, {fffffa98619de9fb, 2, 0, fffff80002aeb895}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiUnlinkPageFromLockedList+265 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

3: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa98619de9fb, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000000, bitfield :
bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status)
Arg4: fffff80002aeb895, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/145295-bsod-after-fresh-win7-install.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I am getting plagued by BSoDs on a fresh installed yesterday install of windows pro -bit This is the second time that windows was installed on this system The first was 64 on fresh a pro bit) BSOD install (win7 also plagued BSOD on a fresh install (win7 pro 64 bit) by BSoDs any help would be greatly appreciated Is Windows - x -bit or x bit - the original installed OS on the system Custom built system - an OEM or full retail version retail version obtained from college IT dept - OEM came pre-installed on system - Full Retail you purchased it from retailer - What is the age of system hardware pretty new built the system in march - What is the age of OS installation have you re-installed the OS installed OS on Custom built system Operating System MS Windows -bit SP CPU AMD Phenom II X T C Thuban nm Technology RAM CORSAIR Vengeance CMZ GX M A C B GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard MSI A-G MS- CPU C Graphics M VA x Hz MB GeForce GTX Ti EVGA C Hard Drives GB Seagate ST AS ATA Device SATA C GB Seagate ST AS ATA Device SATA C Optical Drives ASUS BC- B ST ATA Device

A:BSOD on a fresh install (win7 pro 64 bit)

These crashes were caused by memory corruption/exception (Cx05) probably a driver.
Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.

* If you are overclocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!!

* If you have a Raid update its Driver.

Memtest.

Quote:
*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5-7 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Any errors are indicative of a memory problem.

If a known good stick fails in a motherboard slot it is probably the slot.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Driver Verifer

Quote:
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition.
Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is.
But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver.
Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows.
If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise.
Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
NOTE: You can use Low Resource Simulation if you'd like.
From my limited experimentation it makes the BSOD's come faster.
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

If you are using win 8 add these
- Concurrency Stress Test
- DDI compliance checking

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen.
Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly.
The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out.
If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page, then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.
If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

Thanks to JGriff2 & Usasma.

Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

Driver Verifier

Using Driver Verifier (Windows Drivers)

Avast can be a contributing cause of BSOD'S . Please remove and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST
http://files.avast.com/files/eng/aswclear5.exe

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/225274-bsod-fresh-install-win7-pro-64-bit.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Well, I guess I wasn't as lucky as I thought. 5 days then boom. dump files attached. Dammit.

A:BSOD on fresh install of Win7

Quote: Originally Posted by badkarma11

Well, I guess I wasn't as lucky as I thought. 5 days then boom. dump files attached. Dammit.

It is difficult to diagnose from a single DMP file because there are no trends to follow. That is the case here. The analysis points to the DirectX portion of your video driver/card, and can either be a video driver or the video hardware itself.

I would first re-install the video driver using this

When upgrading your graphic driver you MUST remove all traces of the current driver. In order to do that we recommend using Guru3D - Driver Sweeper

Or Phyxion.net - Driver Sweeper

When it is removed then download and install the fresh copy.
Also of note some really old software (below) was the running process at the time of the crash. I would see if there is an update or remove it if not essential.
This one related to ParaWin XP - International Language Software for Windows XP/NT/2000

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/163024-bsod-fresh-install-win7.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello Just built a new computer - AMD FX- Vishera GHz on SSD Fresh BSOD: Win7 heatsink / install new GHz Turbo Socket AM W Six-Core Desktop Processor FD WMHKBOX - ASRock EXTREME AM AMD SATA Gb s USB ATX AMD Motherboard - SAPPHIRE - GOCL Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - x CORSAIR BSOD: Fresh Win7 install on new SSD / heatsink XMS GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR Desktop Memory Model CMX GX M A C - Kingston SSDNow V Series SV S A G quot GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive SSD - Seagate Barracuda ST AS TB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive - COOLER MASTER Hyper Plus RR-B - P-G quot Heatpipe Direct Contact quot Long Life Sleeve mm CPU Cooler What happened I ordered and built my computer everything expect the COOL MASTER heatsink SSD It ran flawlessly on my TB HDD played WOW perfectly etc Decided I wanted an SSD aftermarket heatsink Installed both reformatted with no problems and then installed Wow Shortly after playing I BSOD'ed over and over again I was extremely careful with the thermal paste didn't spill anything on the mobo I was primarily getting E and DXGMMS BSOD's I did not update the firmware on my SSD motherboard controllers or set the AHCI settings in my bios I plan on doing all of that when I get home Do you guys think that the cause is firmware outdated drivers I made sure to install all the latest drivers from the manufacturer's web site for my video card motherboard Thanks Bryan

A:BSOD: Fresh Win7 install on new SSD / heatsink

Please follow the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/283332-bsod-fresh-win7-install-new-ssd-heatsink.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello

Please help me with my blue screen of death issues.

All info is included in the attached files.

Thank you

A:BSoD, fresh install, win7 enterprise

Welcome
Code D1 cause by device driver

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 AMD64

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\richc46\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp2_bsod report 10.07.10.zip\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2\070911-23946-01.dmp]
Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (2 procs) Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16481.x86fre.win7_gdr.091207-1941
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0x8280c000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x82954810
Debug session time: Fri Jul 8 18:00:41.464 2011 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:15:45.680
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
* Bugcheck Analysis *
BugCheck D1, {3, 2, 1, 88a27888}
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\Epfwndis.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Epfwndis.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Epfwndis.sys
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvm62x32.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvm62x32.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvm62x32.sys
Probably caused by : Epfwndis.sys ( Epfwndis+305d )
---------
1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000003, memory referenced
Arg2: 00000002, IRQL
Arg3: 00000001, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: 88a27888, address which referenced memory
Debugging Details:
------------------

WRITE_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from 82974718
Unable to read MiSystemVaType memory at 82954160
CURRENT_IRQL: 2
FAULTING_IP:
ndis!NdisFreePacket+144
88a27888 897104 mov dword ptr [ecx+4],esi
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD1
PROCESS_NAME: System
TRAP_FRAME: 923177b0 -- (.trap 0xffffffff923177b0)
ErrCode = 00000002
eax=8541d000 ebx=861ae13c ecx=ffffffff edx=00000f06 esi=861ae150 edi=861ae120
eip=88a27888 esp=92317824 ebp=92317838 iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na pe nc
cs=0008 ss=0010 ds=0023 es=0023 fs=0030 gs=0000 efl=00010206
ndis!NdisFreePacket+0x144:
88a27888 897104 mov dword ptr [ecx+4],esi ds:0023:00000003=????????
Resetting default scope
LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 88a27888 to 8285285b
STACK_TEXT:
923177b0 88a27888 badb0d00 00000f06 88a2af1c nt!KiTrap0E+0x2cf
92317838 9214905d 02450064 86292008 85450064 ndis!NdisFreePacket+0x144
WARNING: Stack unwind information not available... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/174224-bsod-fresh-install-win7-enterprise.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi I'm having a hard time with my newly built computer well almost newly as I only changed the CPU added GB of RAM and a SSD drive to my previous setup which was running on WinXP Home on fresh of new install BSOD x64 Win7 Current system specs changes are in bold OS Windows Home x Full retail version Age of OS installation month CPU Intel C Q Q Ghz MB Asus P K RAM x GB OCZ Reaper PC - Mhz GC Asus EN GT MB DDR Silent Magic SSD OCZ Vertex Turbo GB FW SYSTEM HD x Seagate GB PSU Antec W from Antec Sonata III case Previous system specs OS Windows XP SP x CPU Intel C D E Ghz MB Asus P K RAM x GB OCZ Reaper PC - Mhz GC Asus EN GT MB DDR HD x Seagate GB SYSTEM I'd like to mention that I never had a single BSOD on this WinXP system Since I installed Win I'm having multiple random BSOD system crashes freezes and auto reboot I really BSOD on fresh new install of Win7 Home x64 need to solve this as this is my workstation and I need it to be rock stable From the minidump files I opened with bluescreenviewer it seems that this ntoskrnl exe file plays a part in my misfortune I was ready to buy a new Motherboard Asus P QL EPU as mine Asus P K doesn't seem to be supported by Asus anymore and they only made the MB chipset driver available for Windows But I discovered the following thread talking about the DRIVER VERIFIER http www techsupportforum com -post html I followed the procedure and had a BSOD after sth like second So now that I know that there is a driver problem what do I do How can I narrow down my suspect list and identify the culprit BSOD on fresh new install of Win7 Home x64 Thanks in advance for your help PS I attached the files and followed the procedure as described in the BSOD posting instructions thread but as I'm using a Win Home in French I'm not sure if it will be a great help

A:BSOD on fresh new install of Win7 Home x64

I just read the thread on BSOD Kernel Dump Analysis - Discussion

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...on-452622.html

so I guess you can ignore my comment on ntoskrnl.exe being on of the sources of my misfortune.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-on-fresh-new-install-of-win7-home-x64-475383.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Just rebuilding this machine after removing an old boot HD with errors and replacing a power supply at the end of it's life and have had two BSODs thus far One BSOD was prior to having minidump creation setup but the dump from last night's is included Fresh install of Win x SP onto an Intel series gb SSD I've been setting up the system getting everything right amp installing stuff Drivers updated system stress tested to tweak noise heat control games 540 H55M-P31 install, fresh i3 BSOD & OS MSI - Win7, installed etc Parts MSI H M-P MS- running latest BIOS Intel i stock ghz XFX w PSU Intel SSD gb latest firmware GB G-Skill DDR x F - CL - GBXL running mhz v auto timings reported as T It seems I've been here before w random BSODs on this build at the beginning but this time around I thought I had all of the drivers and it's possible this is a separate BSOD issue Old thread from years back http www techsupportforum com forums f fresh OS install, BSOD - Win7, i3 540 & MSI H55M-P31 new-build-bsod-win - bit-i - -and-msi-h m-p - html

A:fresh OS install, BSOD - Win7, i3 540 & MSI H55M-P31

Recommendations:Crash points to your Intel storage driver and possibly your display card driver. It appears you already have the latest Intel driver installed.

Check your power configuration for your drive and set it to never sleep.
Click the Start Button

Click Control Panel

Click System and Security

Click Power Options

For the power plan you use, click Change plan settings

Click Change advanced power settings

Expand Hard Disk

Change the setting for Turn off hard disk after to 0 to set it to Never
Power management - Microsoft Windows
You may ask if this is bad for the SSD, but in reality, it is better for the SSD. It will allow the SSD to do trash collection and maintenance when the system is idle. See if that solves the 0x9F crashes.

Outdated and Problematic Drivers:You should update/replace/remove the following drivers. Any drivers that are known to cause BSODs, please remove the software or remove the drivers and then remove the device; steps to do so are given after the list of outdated drivers. If you have ASACPI.sys installed, make sure it is updated and not pre-2009; pre-2009 versions are known to cause BSODs:
usbcir.sys Mon Jul 13 18:06:36 2009 (4A5BCC0C)
ENE USB Consumer IR Driver for eHome
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=usbcir.sys

To update drivers, make sure to download the drivers from the manufacturer and not using 3rd party programs. Your drivers should be found from your motherboard support site (ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI, etc.) or your vendor support site (Dell, HP, Toshiba, Sony, etc.) first. If you have devices you bought yourself, the drivers for those devices need to be downloaded from the manufacturer support site for those devices. If you need help, let us know.

To remove drivers, do so by uninstalling the device or software associated with the driver. Devices can be uninstalled through device manager, and then the device itself should be physically removed from the system if possible.Uninstall or change a program

Open Device Manager
3rd Party Drivers: The following is for information purposes only. My recommendations were given above. The drivers that follow belong to software or devices that were not developed by Microsoft. Any drivers in red should be updated/replaced/removed. You can find links to the driver information and where to update the drivers in the section after the code box:

Code:
**************************Tue Feb 12 07:00:19.852 2013 (UTC - 7:00)**************************
intelppm.sys Mon Jul 13 17:19:25 2009 (4A5BC0FD)
usbcir.sys Mon Jul 13 18:06:36 2009 (4A5BCC0C)
HECIx64.sys Thu Sep 17 13:54:16 2009 (4AB293E8)
amdxata.sys Fri Mar 19 10:18:18 2010 (4BA3A3CA)
snapman.sys Tue Aug 10 01:42:30 2010 (4C6102E6)
ElbyCDIO.sys Thu Dec 16 15:58:13 2010 (4D0A9985)
VClone.sys Sat Jan 15 09:21:04 2011 (4D31C970)
speedfan.sys Fri Mar 18 10:08:46 2011 (4D83838E)
Rt64win7.sys Wed Feb 15 22:39:50 2012 (4F3C96A6)
GEARAspiWDM.sys Thu May 3 13:56:17 2012 (4FA2E2E1)
MpFilter.sys Thu Aug 23 17:03:14 2012 (5036B6B2)
LEqdUsb.Sys Tue Sep 18 03:26:44 2012 (50583E54)
LHidEqd.Sys Tue Sep 18 03:26:46 2012 (50583E56)
LHidFilt.Sys Tue Sep 18 03:26:53 2012 (50583E5D)
LMouFilt.Sys Tue Sep 18 03:26:58 2012 (50583E62)
AtihdW76.sys Tue Nov 6 14:41:51 2012 (5099841F)
dump_iaStorA.sys Mon Nov 19 13:09:40 2012 (50AA9204)
iaStorA.sys Mon Nov 19 13:09:40 2012 (50AA9204)
iaStorF.sys Mon Nov 19 13:09:43 2012 (50AA9207)
atikmpag.sys Wed Dec 19 12:32:55 2012 (50D21667)
atikmdag.sys Wed Dec 19 13:38:55 2012 (50D225DF)
HWiNFO64A.SYS Sat Jan 26 05:28:11 2013 (5103CBDB)

http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=intelppm.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=usbcir.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=HECIx64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=amd... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/fresh-os-install-bsod-win7-i3-540-and-msi-h55m-p31-686655.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello Yesterday I bought new PC and the problem start when I try to install OS I have legel key but no disc so I download win -bit ultimate from digitalriver serwers create bootable iso and install system Then it started constantly crashes when I try to install drivers or copy big files from one disk to another The error I keep getting was BSOD x I unplugged and plugged everything again run chkdisk test RAM with memtest and check voltage and temperatures but everything was fine Of course I tried reinstall system download iso again try to use iso from Home Premium or install not from usb but burn iso on dvd - the same problem What's strange everytime I get errors when I tried use windows update Once it won't even open once it keep getting diffirent errors and constantly crashes when I try to install updates Even when I activate it with legal key It shouldn't be hardware fault because I install newest Tomb Raider game and it run smoothly for two hours - but when I 0x00000124 BSOD install fresh win7-64 open the web browser I got instant crash Worker from computer shop said it's probably errors that I get from installing OS from custom dvd usb and I should BSOD fresh win7-64 install 0x00000124 try the original disc Problem is I have original key from ultimate and I don't buy another one just for original disk Someone know what to do I attached lasted BSOD dump

A:BSOD fresh win7-64 install 0x00000124

A STOP 0x124 points to a hardware error. To look at your logs we'll need you to upload them to the forum, follow Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/348730-bsod-fresh-win7-64-install-0x00000124.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi last night I had a BSOD coming out of nowhere I left Win7 on install x64 Home new BSOD of fresh the PC idle for a couple of hours and when I came back I woke up my LCD screen I deactivated all the sleep options except for the screen and launched Chrome BSOD on fresh new install of Win7 Home x64 to go on facebook or something As soon as I clicked on the FB favorite I got a BSOD This is a newly built computer well almost newly as I only changed the CPU and added GB of RAM to my previous setup Current system BSOD on fresh new install of Win7 Home x64 specs cnages are in bold OS Windows Home x CPU Intel C Q Q BSOD on fresh new install of Win7 Home x64 Ghz MB Asus P K RAM x GB OCZ Reaper PC - Mhz GC Asus EN GT MB DDR SSD OCZ Vertex Turbo GB FW SYSTEM HD x Seagate GB Previous system specs OS Windows XP SP x CPU Intel C D E Ghz MB Asus P K RAM x GB OCZ Reaper PC - Mhz GC Asus EN GT MB DDR HD x Seagate GB SYSTEM I also had a previous crash but no BSOD the screen went dark and Winamp began to loop indefinitely s of the track I was listening to I had to manually reset the computer Thanks in advance for your help EDIT For what it's worth I'd like to mention I never had a single BSOD with my XP system

A:BSOD on fresh new install of Win7 Home x64

Quote: Originally Posted by PODxt

Hi,

last night I had a BSOD coming out of nowhere. I left the PC idle for a couple of hours and when I came back I woke up my LCD screen (I deactivated all the sleep options except for the screen) and launched Chrome to go on facebook or something. As soon as I clicked on the FB favorite, I got a BSOD.

This is a newly built computer, well, almost newly as I only changed the CPU and added 4GB of RAM to my previous setup.

Current system specs (cnages are in bold):

CPU: Intel C2Q Q9650 @ 3Ghz
MB: Asus P5K
RAM: 4x 2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 @ 1066Mhz
GC: Asus EN8500GT 512MB DDR2
SSD: OCZ Vertex Turbo 60GB 1.5 FW (SYSTEM)
HD: 2x Seagate 500GB

Previous system specs:

CPU: Intel C2D E6750 @ 2.66Ghz
MB: Asus P5K
RAM: 2x 2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 @ 800Mhz
GC: Asus EN8500GT 512MB DDR2
HD: 2x Seagate 500GB (SYSTEM)

I also had a previous crash but no BSOD: the screen went dark and Winamp began to loop indefinitely 1s of the track I was listening to. I had to manually reset the computer.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi and welcome

This latest crash was probably caused by usbuhci.sys. This seems to be a usb driver for an eternal device like a webcam. can you give us some info about what devices are on the system?

thanks

Ken

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\030210-9110-01.dmp]

Symbol search path is: SRV*d:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`0185d000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`01a9ae50
Debug session time: Mon Mar 1 21:21:21.527 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:31:57.027
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck D1, {0, 2, 0, fffff8800475c546}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\sptd.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for sptd.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for sptd.sys
Probably caused by : usbuhci.sys ( usbuhci!UhciGetEndpointStatus+36 )

---------

1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: fffff8800475c546, address whic... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/67931-bsod-fresh-new-install-win7-home-x64.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi all

My good lady has been having some problems with her computer. so i did a fresh install of windows 7 on her pc and a few days ago she got a BSOD. The pc rough specs are

AMD FX-8120 stock clock
8 gb of ram 1333Mhz
3 sata HDD - 2 x 120GB 5400rpm 1 x 120GB 7200rpm
evga 550 TI soc
gigabyte motherboard

all the drivers are up to date i believe. i thought that a fresh install would sort out all the problems but i guess not, witch got me thinking that it could be a hardware issue maybe but im not to sure and thats why i am here. i have used the DM Log Collector and attached the file to the post.

thanks for your time
i didnt no where else to go

A:BSOD 0x01E after a fresh install on win7 ulti 64-bit

Hi LoneBear,

Welcome to the 7forums.

First of all, thank you for the excellent job with filling in your system specs

Please remove the Gigabyte software, the Gigabyte software is known for causing various of problems.
Please check the manufacturer of the motherboard (Gigabyte) for BIOS updates.

Unfortunately, after many tries I can't read the dump file properly what makes that its information cannot be trusted.
This could be due to hardware problems.
(Soon I will give it a few extra tries to read the dump file.)
Please follow instructions below for testing the hardware, if there are any questions please don't hesitate to ask them.

Diagnostics Troubleshooting

Read carefully before proceeding.

Warning
If you're overclocking your system, revert back to stock clocks now.

Note
Test the system once the overclock is removed before continuing with the steps outlined below.

Part One: CPU Stress Test
Part Two: MemTest86+ RAM Diagnostic
Part Three: Hard Drive Diagnostics
Part Four: GPU Stress Test

ONE

CPU TEST

Run Prime95 to stress test your CPU. Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU - Windows 7 Help Forums

Warning
Your CPU temperatures will rise quickly while under this stress test. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.

TWO

RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ to analyse your RAM. MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 7 Help Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

THREE

HDD TEST

Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools - HDD test - Windows 7 Help Forums

Note
Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.

Run chkdsk Chkdsk - HDD Test - Windows 7 Help Forums

FOUR

GPU TEST

Run Furmark to stress test your GPU. FurMark - GPU Stress Test - Windows 7 Help Forums

Note
Run Furmark for around 30 minutes.

Warning
Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/384258-bsod-0x01e-after-fresh-install-win7-ulti-64-bit.html
Relevancy 80.41%

So I've had my computer running fine for about a year and a half No problems other than a really slow start time I've always had a random stutter freeze looping audio problem that will last for a second and it wouldn't matter what I was doing Would happen about once every three hours or so So win7 fresh even a BSOD after messages install numerous of different about a month ago I would get blue screens with various different messages During each blue screen I would get artifacts and the looping audio situation during the blue screen I even got a blank blue screen Three times I got a blue screen after a message popped up about ati's CCC failed to do something couldn't read it BSOD numerous different messages even after a fresh install of win7 fast enough And one of those times I even got a blank blue screen After the blue screen my computer would restart and of the time it would assumingly fail post and my motherboard speaker would beep rapidly no pattern If the restart did succeeded I would start windows normally it would fail and do a restart Turning off the computer completely flipping the switch on the PSU for failed starts will have a successful start chance of about When windows failed to start it does the quot starting windows quot Eventually the colored balls show up and form the windows logo Goes to black for about - seconds it normally does this and then I'm met with the logon screen When it fails it goes to black for about seconds then reboots with the motherboard logo with the boot options And occasionally when it reboots the motherboard beeps with no pattern Just very rapid beeping I ran memtest and it said everything was fine So I just left my computer running and never shut it down in fear of it never starting again It ran for weeks no problems I did everything I normally did hours of gaming included No problems I tried playing a demo on steam and all three times within two minutes of playing the game I would get a blue screen IRQL driver I decided it was time for a fresh install because maybe something in the registry is messed up from all the installs and uninstalls I did a fresh reinstall of windows home professional so far everything was running great when it crashed after playing TF for minutes with a blue screen quot fault in page in a nonpage area quot I did a memtest that's available in the windows repair recovery and it said there was a hardware error after only of completion So I took out all my stick of RAM except for one and am running on that for now I have no idea if that's the real problem I have yet to see any real definitive pattern Event viewer only comes up with kernel power event id task category every single time THERE HAVE BEEN NO HARDWARE CHANGES I attached my zip file created from the BSOD instructions page Please help My computer and my car are the only thing I own of value and I need my computer for college I have computer related summer classes Thank you

A:BSOD numerous different messages even after a fresh install of win7

Problem Devices:
Code:
Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller PCI\VEN_1033&DEV_0194&SUBSYS_50071458&REV_03\4&304316D0&0&00E2 The drivers for this device are not installed.
Ethernet Controller PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_E0001458&REV_06\4&43FAD29&0&00E1 The drivers for this device are not installed.
The above drivers should be included with your motherboard support. Check your motherboard support site for the most up to date versions. If you need help, and even if you do not, we recommend filling in your system specs on your profile (not in a post in this thread). System Info - See Your System Specs can help with filling in the system specs.
Security Software: ??? I recommend either of these two setups:Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

Good and Free system security combination.
Download and install the security setup of your choice, update the software, and then run a full scan of your system for viruses and malware. If you only install MSE, I would also suggest installing and updating Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware, anti-virus and spyware removal download, but do not start the free trial/full version of Malwarebytes. Run a full scan with Malwarebytes after updating it. Post back the results.

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 AMD64
Loading Dump File [D:\Kingston\BSODDmpFiles\monkey314\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2\042812-42993-01.dmp]

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\SymCache*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7600.16841.amd64fre.win7_gdr.110622-1503
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02a50000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02c8de70
Debug session time: Sat Apr 28 11:50:37.881 2012 (UTC - 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:28:53.239
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 50, {fffff30015b7f7f0, 1, fffff80002ac5a07, 7}
Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!SeAccessCheckWithHint+d7 )

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be protected by try-except,
it must be protected by a Probe. Typically the address is just plain bad or it
is pointing at freed memory.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff30015b7f7f0, memory referenced.
Arg2: 0000000000000001, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation.
Arg3: fffff80002ac5a07, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory
address.
Arg4: 0000000000000007, (reserved)

Debugging Details:
------------------
Could not read faulting driver name

WRITE_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80002cf80e0
... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/227003-bsod-numerous-different-messages-even-after-fresh-install-win7.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi. I'm getting BSODs with KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR frequently on a Dell XPS L702x Win 7 x64 Home Premium SP1 system that's been freshly formatted and the Windows re-installed. I've run the memory diagnostics and they find no errors. The chkdsk /f /r frequently finds errors and tries to fix them after each crash.

I've used the SF Diagnostics to generate the necessary information and attached the Zip file. Please help. I'm ready to trash the whole computer. Your help is much appreciated.

A:BSOD on fresh install of Win7 on Dell laptop

Is the Dell diagnostics partition still on the hard drive? If it is run the Dell hardware diagnostics. F12 at power on will access a sub menu and one will be the diagnostics.

Also, I see a lot of Microsoft drivers in that report. Although Windows will install many drivers, the best ones are the Dell provided drivers. If you haven't done it, install all the available Dell drivers and see what that does, although with the hard drive errors, that may just be a defective hard drive.

Product Support for XPS 17 (L702x) | Dell US

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/307416-bsod-fresh-install-win7-dell-laptop.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I've spent probably 7 hours trying to figure this out from searches and different potential resolutions and I am completely stumped. This is a fresh install of Windows 7 Home Premium on a fairly basic machine. I can boot in to safe mode, disconnect any connection to the network, ensure WOL is turned off via the CMOS, and still Windows 7 will not shutdown. There is no BSOD. It simply appears to shutdown, but then the computer reboots with the PC offering a beep in the same way as if I performed a cold boot. If I elect to restart this beep will not be reflected.

I've tried different drivers and just about everything I can think of and still nothing. The event viewer appears almost entirely clean as well. I've also restored fail-safe defaults in the BIOS as well as Optimized and the issue persists. Any guidance is appreciated.

A:Fresh install of Win7 - No BSOD, but won't shutdown, only restart

I would reinstall again....sounds like some sort of the installation has gotten corrupted. Then make sure you have all the latest drivers from hardware makers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/194490-fresh-install-win7-no-bsod-but-wont-shutdown-only-restart.html
Relevancy 80.41%

So I recently got a new Crucial M SSD to install into my Alienware M x latptop The computer was running great on the old HDD I had in there and I put the new SSD in and installed the drivers from dell ATI and Crucial I've had a couple of BSOD's in the past over a year win7 fresh M4 install with SSD Crucial BSOD IRQL_not_less_or_equal new ago BSOD IRQL_not_less_or_equal fresh win7 install with new Crucial M4 SSD with my computer and they were usually some problem with a duplicate video card driver so when I got my first BSOD I uninstalled the ATI drivers and re installed but I still managed BSOD IRQL_not_less_or_equal fresh win7 install with new Crucial M4 SSD to get another one a little while ago I'm concerned it might be problem with the SSD but I'm not sure I BSOD IRQL_not_less_or_equal fresh win7 install with new Crucial M4 SSD had the option of ATA or AHCI and chose AHCI for the bios settings It could also be an update problem but since its a fresh install the likelihood of finding a specific update seems duanting I'm including the diagnostics they point to ntkrnlmp exe as the culprit but I'm not sure where to go from there I have run scf scannow twice and it didn't find anything Any help would be super appreciated Here is the info from WinDbg Code Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version X Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Users Matt Desktop - - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is SRV c symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by amd fre win sp gdr - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff c PsLoadedModuleList xfffff e a Debug session time Wed Dec UTC - System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck A fffff db d c Probably caused by ntkrnlmp exe nt IopDisassociateThreadIrp ac Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL a An attempt was made to access a pageable or completely invalid address at an interrupt request level IRQL that is too high This is usually caused by drivers using improper addresses If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace Arguments Arg memory referenced Arg IRQL Arg bitfield bit value read operation write operation bit value not an execute operation execute operation only on chips which support this level of status Arg fffff db d c address which referenced memory Debugging Details ------------------ WRITE ADDRESS GetPointerFromAddress unable to read from fffff f GetUlongFromAddress unable to read from fffff f c Nonpaged pool CURRENT IRQL FAULTING IP nt IopDisassociateThreadIrp ac fffff db d c mov qword ptr rax rbx CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID WIN DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR xA PROCESS NAME System TRAP FRAME fffff b a -- trap xfffff b a NOTE The trap frame does not contain all registers Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect rax rbx rcx fffffa b rdx fffff ed rsi rdi rip fffff db d c rsp fffff b bd rbp r r r r r r r r iopl nv up ei ng nz na po nc nt IopDisassociateThreadIrp xac fffff db d c mov qword ptr rax rbx ds Resetting default scope LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff cd to fffff cd fc STACK TEXT fffff b f fffff cd a nt KeBugCheckEx fffff b fffff cd e fffffa af nt KiBugCheckDispatch x fffff b a fffff db d c fffffa af fffffa af nt KiPageFault x fffff b bd fffff f de fffffa af nt IopDisassociateThreadIrp xac fffff b c fffff fa ffffffff fffe nt NNGAKEGL string' x eb a fffff b c fffff fa a d fffff f be fffffa ab nt PspExitThread x a fffff b d fffff cc d fffff b fffffa ab nt PspTerminateThreadByPointer x d fffff b d fffff b fffff ad fffff b nt KiStartSystemThread x STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP nt IopDisassociateThreadIrp ac fffff db d c mov qword ptr rax rbx SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NA... Read more

A:BSOD IRQL_not_less_or_equal fresh win7 install with new Crucial M4 SSD

Just a quick update (I've been reading the other post on a similar BSOD).

Check disk returned no errors when run and I've uploaded the diagnostic from Crystal (which looks all good)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/270844-bsod-irql_not_less_or_equal-fresh-win7-install-new-crucial-m4-ssd.html
Relevancy 80.41%

BSOD c5 - while doing Windows Update after fresh Win7 install

It was while configuring updates after system restart.

A:BSOD c5 - while doing Windows Update after fresh Win7 install

Hi Vesparion.

Update internet explorer manually .... http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/i...r/download-ie/

Get rid of intel rapid storage. First uninstall it from Control Panel > Programs and Features. Then Uninstall the driver from device manager.
Right click on "my computer" icon and click "manage" on the context menu.
It will open the "computer management" window.
Select "Device Manager" in the left pane, It will list all the existing devices up.
Expand "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers" by clicking on the triangle in front of it.
Select one Intel device item under it, right click, uninstall.
Continue the process for all Intel items under "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers"
Now restart the computer. At restart, windows will auto configure the appropriate native system driver.
Let us know the results.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Code:
Event[2591]:
Log Name: System
Source: Service Control Manager
Date: 2013-11-16T01:43:44.794
Event ID: 7000
Task: N/A
Level: Error
Opcode: N/A
Keyword: Classic
User: N/A
User Name: N/A
Computer: i7-PC
Description:
The Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology service failed to start due to the following error:
The pipe has been ended.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/311889-bsod-c5-while-doing-windows-update-after-fresh-win7-install.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hello Im in need of any help with diagnosing fresh Need BSOD diagnosing. on Ult. help Spontaneous install Win7 this blue screen which happens Spontaneous BSOD on fresh install Win7 Ult. Need help diagnosing. frequently while using the PC making computer use impossible Willing to follow any instructions Spontaneous BSOD on fresh install Win7 Ult. Need help diagnosing. It occurs on a new installation of Windows Ultimate -bit Pc Specs Motherboard - Gigabyte X A-UD RCpu - i x GB GB Memory Nvidia GeForce GTS I ran verifier exe in order to find out if it is a driver problem however the minidump did not point out any driver or at least not one that I am aware of Minidump Reads as follows Quote CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID VERIFIER ENABLED VISTA MINIDUMP BUGCHECK STR x E PROCESS NAME svchost exe CURRENT IRQL ANALYSIS VERSION debuggers dbg - amd fre DPC STACK BASE FFFFF FB EXCEPTION RECORD fffff -- exr xfffff ExceptionAddress fffff ca nt KiTimerWaitTest x ExceptionCode c Access violation ExceptionFlags NumberParameters Parameter ffffffffffffffff Parameter Attempt to unknown address TRAP FRAME fffff -- trap xfffff NOTE The trap frame does not contain all registers Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect rax rbx rcx fffffa f rdx rsi rdi rip fffff ca rsp fffff rbp fffdfa f b r fffff b r r d r r r r r iopl nv up ei ng nz na po cy nt KiTimerWaitTest x fffff ca b d mov rbp qword ptr rbp ss fffdfa f b Resetting default scope LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff c f be to fffff c cd STACK TEXT fffff fffff c f be fffff b a fffff db fffff cc nt KeBugCheck fffff fffff cc d fffff e e fffff ddbcbc fffff c fffff nt KiKernelCalloutExceptionHandler xe fffff fffff cc fffff ddf fffff e fffff fffff c nt RtlpExecuteHandlerForException xd fffff a fffff cd b fffff fffff db fffff fffffa f b nt RtlDispatchException x fffff d fffff c fffff fffffa f b fffff nt KiDispatchException x fffff fffff c b f fffffa d fffff b nt KiExceptionDispatch xc fffff fffff ca fffff e ae fffffa ad b ff nt KiStackFault x fffff fffff ca d fffffa f b fffffa ad c fffffa ad c nt KiTimerWaitTest x fffff fffff ca de d c c fffff e d fffff b a nt KiProcessExpiredTimerList x d fffff e fffff ca c fffff b c fffff d d nt KiTimerExpiration x be fffff f fffff c a e e fffffa b ba fffff dafb nt KiRetireDpcList x fffff fb fffff c a c nt KxRetireDpcList x fffff f be nt KiDispatchInterruptContinue STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP nt KiKernelCalloutExceptionHandler e fffff c f be nop SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME nt KiKernelCalloutExceptionHandler e FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME nt IMAGE NAME ntkrnlmp exe DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP d fdd b IMAGE VERSION FAILURE BUCKET ID X x E VRF nt KiKernelCalloutExceptionHandler e BUCKET ID X x E VRF nt KiKernelCalloutExceptionHandler e ANALYSIS SOURCE KM FAILURE ID HASH STRING km x x e vrf nt kikernelcalloutexceptionhandler e FAILURE ID HASH fe f -cc c-d - f - c c c Followup MachineOwner Thank you for your help Fred

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/383356-spontaneous-bsod-fresh-install-win7-ult-need-help-diagnosing.html
Relevancy 79.55%

hi
i recently bought an asus k42ja-vx032d laptop. From day 1 I have been getting
random bsods. I have tried memtest 86+, windows memory diagnostic tool and ran orthos for 2 hrs. Seems like my memory is ok. I have installed the drivers listed on Asus webpage. Also I haven't installed any antivirus. I have installed windows several times but have got bsod on fresh install also.
Please Help!

? OS - Vista/ Windows 7 ?-----win7 ultimate
? x86 (32-bit) or x64 ?--------x64
? What was original installed OS on system?-----clean install
? Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)?-----retail
? Age of system (hardware)------brand new
? Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS?------several times
? CPU------i5-460m
? Video Card------ati 5730 2gb vram
? MotherBoard------asus
? Power Supply - brand & wattage----????

here's the webpage of my laptop
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Notebooks - ASUS K42Ja

thanks in advance!!

A:BSOD in fresh win7 install [moved from Vista/ Windows 7]

please i could use some help...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-in-fresh-win7-install-moved-from-vista-windows-7-a-549705.html
Relevancy 79.55%

So I have Win7 Install No Fresh - Brand installed AV laptop new BSOD - a Dell XPS laptop that is pretty much brand new bought in June pulled out of the box in September First thing I did was download Windows torrent Wipe the drives and install it with the intentions of activating it using my OEM key Everything installed fine all hardware was recognized all latest drivers installed from either Dell or Nvidia website Problem is I get what appears to be random Event BSOD's I never see it happen I just come back BSOD Fresh Win7 Install - Brand new laptop - No AV installed to the laptop with a BSOD screen and I have to hold the power button down to shut the system off Thinking BSOD Fresh Win7 Install - Brand new laptop - No AV installed I did something wrong in my isntall I went back and used a friends store bought Win Home Premium disc and reinstalled the OS drivers and everything in proper order Again everything looks fine - until I go to Windows Update during one of the updates the system BSOD again with the same Event error I have included everything I can think of in hopes that someone can help me trouble shoot this problem Excerpt from event viewer Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP FB BCP FFFFF BFD C BCP FFFFF BFD F BCP FFFFF A OS Version Service Pack Product If there is anything else I can provide please let me know I really need to get this figured out soon because I have a buyer for my old laptop on Monday I'd sure hate to sell it if I can't get this thing working correctly

A:BSOD Fresh Win7 Install - Brand new laptop - No AV installed

Welcome

Sounds like a hard disk issue

Code:
STOP 0x00000024: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM
Usual causes: Disk corruption, insufficient physical memory, Device driver,
Indexing, Resident antivirus, backup, defrag programs, Disk/Drive failing/failure
BugCheck 24, {1904fb, fffff8800bfd9c88, fffff8800bfd94f0, fffff88001258a30}
Probably caused by : Ntfs.sys ( Ntfs!NtfsSnapshotScbInternal+160 )
Make a hard drive test from the hard drive manufacturers website

Run Disk Check on your hard disk for file system errors and bad sectors on it:
→ Disk Check

Hard drive test both short and long with:
→ SeaTools for Windows

Also the DOS version of:
→ SeaTools for DOS

Keep us posted

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/258090-bsod-fresh-win7-install-brand-new-laptop-no-av-installed.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi all I did a fresh install of Win x onto a brand new Intel SSD drive After installing chipset USB audio x64 0xf4 CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERM Win7 / - Fresh BSOD / ntoskrnl / Install video drivers and connecting all hardware I started Fresh Win7 x64 Install - BSOD / ntoskrnl / 0xf4 / CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERM to restore user files to the system via CrashPlan backups from an external hard drive During that I got a couple of BSODs After that I started getting BSODs consistently and since then I get them within - minutes of boot Because it started happening while I was doing my first big transfer from the external HDD I started to suspect USB but my troubleshooting doesn't seem to point that way any Fresh Win7 x64 Install - BSOD / ntoskrnl / 0xf4 / CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERM more Troubleshooting steps I've taken Detached all USB devices other than keyboard mouse wifi no wired network available near computer Removed all internal hard drives other than the boot SSD mentioned above Ran passes of memtest no errors Ran full diagnostics on the Intel SSD passed Rechecked SATA cabling to the SSD Still getting BSODs at the same frequency I then recalled that the video driver was among the last drivers I had installed I used the ATI AMD driver autodetect utility to install my driver and it had recommended Catalyst for my HD I uninstalled Catalyst At first I thought I had finally solved the problem because the system is definitely a bit more stable using the standard VGA driver I worked on it for an hour or so but then I got a BSOD so it appears I still have at least some of the issue I ran BluescreenView and almost all of my crash dumps point to ntoskrnl and xf and CRITICAL OBJECT TERMINATION I've definitely had more BSODs than I have dump files From Googling I see that xf can often be memory or hard drive so that's why I ran memtest and the Intel SSD diags but no clues there But I've also seen that this is a very generic set of errors that can indicate pretty much anything wrong from drivers to hardware failure My full setup is a Gigabyte GA-H -D H with Core i and GB mem the Intel SSD and a Sapphire HD graphics card I've attached the dump files Not sure where to go from here I am hoping someone with better BSOD debugging skills can point me in the right direction Thanks

A:Fresh Win7 x64 Install - BSOD / ntoskrnl / 0xf4 / CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERM

Also, last night after posting I thought to remove the Intel HD 4600 graphics driver, and then try the Catalyst 13.9 driver (just the driver not the whole Catalyst package). That provided some stability as I was able to work for quite a while.

Then I started to connect my external hard drives again, one at a time, and see if things remained stable. On the first one it seemed fine, but on the second I got the BSOD on bootup. On a whim, I tried moving that one to a different USB3 port. So far, it's been stable up and running overnight and this morning. It wasn't doing much at the time, so that could be coincidental, but it did do some CrashPlan backup tasks and this morning I browsed for a bit and installed a software package, and so far it's still up.

Just more information and clues for anyone who is willing to look at the dump files. Thank you!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/354680-fresh-win7-x64-install-bsod-ntoskrnl-0xf4-critical_object_term.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello I recently decided to reformat my computer and ever since I've been having multiple issues and can't pinpoint the problem I have various problems -Windows Updates will just hang forever when trying to install -When viewing videos or Netflix Hang - Fresh - Win7 Corrupt, SFC Install BSOD, 64bit Updates Win it seems to BSOD when I switch tabs on the web browser This happens with videos using both Adobe Flash and Microsoft Silverlight Fresh Install - Win7 64bit - SFC Corrupt, BSOD, Win Updates Hang -When I run sfc scannow corrupt files were found that can't be fixed Here is part of the log - - Info CSI SR Could not reproject corrupted file ml l quot C Windows Web Wallpaper Architecture quot l quot img jpg quot Fresh Install - Win7 64bit - SFC Corrupt, BSOD, Win Updates Hang source file in store is also corrupted - - Info CSI dc SR Could not reproject corrupted file ml l quot C Windows Web Wallpaper Architecture quot l quot img jpg quot source file Fresh Install - Win7 64bit - SFC Corrupt, BSOD, Win Updates Hang in store is also corrupted Here are the computer specs Windows x Home Premium MOBO asRock P xtreme gen CPU Intel I k Sandybridge RAM G Skill X GB DDR GPU eVGA TI Burner LG Bluray Burner SSD Samsung GB I have a nd SSD and other HDD but I have disconnected them from the computer while trying to figure out the issue I have installed Windows with my genuine disc and a sp disc and both have sfc corrupt errors on a fresh install Any help is greatly appreciated Thank you Confirmed Just installed Windows bit on my SSD and did an SFC scan and there are no corrupt files

A:Fresh Install - Win7 64bit - SFC Corrupt, BSOD, Win Updates Hang

Load bios defaults, then memtest the ram for several loops. If everything checks ok, maybe your install media is damaged or corrupted.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/233893-fresh-install-win7-64bit-sfc-corrupt-bsod-win-updates-hang.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello everyone system install Random win7 service BSOD exception fresh this is my first time on this forum I recently built my own computer but have been getting random BSOD They happen randomly while doing nothing in particular every few hours I couldn't figure out the problem so I sent my PC to best buy geek squad After over weeks they said it would be days I got it back and still BSOD They reinstalled windows which I also already did and said it was a bad driver the graphics card radeon catalyst driver That obviously wasn't it since it crashed four hours after getting it back Most crashes said quot system service exception quot BCCode b One said quot IRQL less than or equal quot Looking at BlueScreenView it says it's caused by ntoskrnl exe but I don't know where to go from here I have done a memory test and there were no errors I attached the crash dumps after I got my PC back from the geek squad I was hoping you could look at the crash dump files and please help me out Thank you

A:Random BSOD fresh win7 install system service exception

Code:
BugCheck A, {37320bb49, d, 1, fffff800032c93ed}

Probably caused by : hardware ( nt!KiPageFault+260 )

---------

Code:
BugCheck 24, {1904fb, fffff880033c8ab8, fffff880033c8310, fffff80003296f37}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!CcGetVirtualAddress+288 )

---------

Code:
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff8800fd7cbf6, fffff880056cfc50, 0}

Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VidMmTerminateAllocation+da )

---------
Random bugcheck codes. No pattern is there.

All the failing modules (ATI display driver and Intel XHCI driver) are of the latest version. So it appears that the fault is in the part of hardware.

Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes, preferably overnight.

Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Stress test the CPU.
Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95

Check if the Power Supply Unit (PSU) supplying adequate power to the computer or not.
eXtreme Power Supply Calculator
Also let us know the wattage of the PSU.

Is the computer hot? Report us the heat of the computer after a couple of hours of your normal usage. Upload a screenshot of the summery tab of Speccy.

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/305983-random-bsod-fresh-win7-install-system-service-exception.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi Forums I recently bought a new computer from a pc build website I installed Win install, ntoskrnl/win32k Win7 Custom New BSOD issues Fresh Build, HP bit and started to instantly experience BSODs After a bit of diagnostics memtest told me that one of the RAM sticks was horrifically broken New Custom Build, Fresh Win7 install, BSOD issues ntoskrnl/win32k that has since been sent off for replacement and the system has been 'more' stable with only gb However I have still been experiencing BSODs specifically when the computer isn't doing very much of anything I have been trying to play BF which as you will probably know is littered with awful programming and has constant crashes generally though of the time these are 'soft crashes' and I can ctrl alt delete and end the process Most of the BSODs seem to not actually be related to the game crashing though may have come about because I have been trying to update my drivers etc etc to stop the constant game crashes I have done another fresh install since removing one of the gb ram sticks and did the usual driver installs updates and microsoft important updates I then went through and re-installed all my usual programs - vlc skype CCcleaner malwarebytes adobe air flash postgresql bbflashback video recorder MSE Since my last fresh install on the th November I have had BSODs many of which have come about when the computer is either basically idle or i'm watching a youtube video or just browsing files in explorer rather than whilst playing bf or doing more intense stuff x system service exception x kmode exception not handled x memory management x page fault in nonpaged area All my drivers are as far as I can see up to date where possible I auto detect Hopefully I have done this properly and included all information required in my pc specs pane and from the SFDTool Thanks in advance this has been a very frustrating and confusing few weeks The computer can work for hours on end absolutely fine including to play bf at high fps on high settings then suddenly doing nothing it crashes multiple times lsaw EDIT- As per the nd post in this thread- ntoskrnl exe BSOD randomly As far as I know nothing is OC I only put MSE on there I haven't run Chkdsk since this fresh install but had run it previously on my other installs Similarly I had run SFC before and got no errors Will check - now and potentially go back and redo steps and

A:New Custom Build, Fresh Win7 install, BSOD issues ntoskrnl/win32k

Hi lsaw2.

Your crash dumps are not showing finite cause, but they are stop 0x3B, usually caused either by RAM or by any driver failure..

Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes, preferably overnight.
If it start showing errors/red lines, stop testing. A single error is enough to determine that something is going bad there.

If memtest86+ is free from errors, enable Driver Verifier to monitor the drivers.
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
Run Driver Verifier for 24 hours or the occurrence of the next crash, whichever is earlier.

Information
Why Driver Verifier:
It puts a stress on the drivers, ans so it makes the unstable drivers crash. Hopefully the driver that crashes is recorded in the memory dump.

How Can we know that DV is enabled:
It will make the system bit of slow, laggy.

Warning
Before enabling DV, make it sure that you have earlier System restore points made in your computer. You can check it easily by using CCleaner looking at Tools > System Restore.

If there is no points, make a System Restore Point manually before enabling DV.

Tip

If you fail to get on the Desktop because of DV, Boot into Advanced Boot Options > Safe mode. Disable DV there. Now boot normally again, and try following the instruction of enabling DV again.
If you cannot boot in Safe mode too, do a System Restore to a point you made earlier.

Let us know the results, with the subsequent crash dumps, if any.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/313783-new-custom-build-fresh-win7-install-bsod-issues-ntoskrnl-win32k.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Fresh install of Windows 7 Home Premium x64, I have 5 other hard drives, the only thing I did was reinstalled win7 on my SSD (my main drive) due to I have receiving to many BSODS before for things I didn't understand so I figured might as well reinstall all seemed well until I was:

playing cod4, received a BSOD for ndis.sys - INTERRUPT_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Bug Check Code: 0x0000003d
Caused By Address: ndis.sys+2f1e5
Viewed it using BlueScreenViewer

This sounds simply to me.. but just want to make sure I don't cause further problems for myself.
I have attached my diag files.

A:BSOD - Fresh Install of Win7 Home Prem 64bit - While playing cod4

Hi tmad

NDIS.sys belongs to your NIC driver

Realtek RTL8111E LAN Driver

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/285277-bsod-fresh-install-win7-home-prem-64bit-while-playing-cod4.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello all,

I have a vaio laptop with a dual boot win7/vista setup. I simply want to format the whole drive back to one large c:\drive, then reinstall windows 7. I have heard horror stories of people saying their boot manager becomes corrupted. or goes missing. I enclose a snapshot of my hard drive config. I would appreciate any advice on this matter.

Thanks

A:A fresh win7 install over a win7/vista dual boot system ?

is it the only HDD in the laptop (i used to think 1 was the max but i've been encountering people with two recently)? If so, (and if you want to wipe the hard drive completely (don't forget to deactivate any programs, such as iTunes)) just put the install disc in, boot into it (without booting into windows), choose the install option that isn't 'upgrade' (i think it's 'custom' offhand). when it takes you to the partition manager, click 'advanced' on the bottom bit and delete and format all partitions until you have just one big empty disk.
If that doesn't work or if you think it might not, just boot into a Puppy Linux live cd, open up gparted and select the 'new partition table' tool.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/156640-fresh-win7-install-over-win7-vista-dual-boot-system.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I had a run-in with MS Office 2007 that ended up (my bad I'm sure) necessitating a repair install of Windows 7 (64 bit) after a complete uninstall of Office. The Windows repair went well with the exception of a couple of drivers; easily adjusted.

Then I did a clean install of Office 2007. It sort of went well. Except that every time I try to do something with it (like accessing Visual Basic to put my macros back in), it's telling me - incessantly - that files don't have sufficient permission blah, blah. Well, I'm setting the permissions but it's over and over and feels like every file in "Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Microsoft Shared/..." needs permission attention.

Is there ANY way to avoid doing this over and over and over and...? And could I have avoided this by setting something different in one of the installs?

Sigh.

Thanks as always for the help.

-G.

A:After Win7 Repair Install & Office 2007 fresh install; no permissions!

Do you get asked for the same file or do they change? Try setting the permission at the folder level?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/374206-after-win7-repair-install-office-2007-fresh-install-no-permissions.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi I Fresh fresh system Random install, - BSOD have installed a whole new windows pro x My new Random BSOD - Fresh install, fresh system mobo an ASus p e pro along with new ram pc gskill x ddr running in mhz due to my q Everythingi s running perfectly except some random BSOD total this week I have posted a pack of dump file in here the last ones are the ones that represent the BSOD I had and that I cannot explain the others ones are for various reasons crashes who happenned during installation but Random BSOD - Fresh install, fresh system that I was able to resolve What is weird is that my BSOD only happenned when I was surfing explorer on when the CPU was idle at night with utorrent running today mc pc got BSOD at AM after night or running perfectly it is open since then and running perfectly again All the afternoon for hours it loaded utorrent I cam back from the university and started to play empire total war and lot of MW multiplayer Everything is working perfectly no BSOD But I'm afraid to leave my pc open this night when the BSOD happen I usually have to reboot manually because if it reboot by itself it lead to a DOS screen saying to select a boot device Help me someone I cannot believe me G-skill memory are faulty otherwise they would have failed in-game I suspect nvidia drivers can be responsible for thoses bluescreen The power management tool is not working properly and whatever the option I choose in the nvidia panel it will sometimes lower my frequencies and sometimes it will keep the stock one A strange thing also is that my CPU is lowering it's speed in a kind of power saving option but I turned intel speedstep off so it should not do it should it IS there a problem running pc in mhz I do not want to maintain my FSB to north bridge to mhz all the time cause it heat my system a lot I use that function from time to time for hard gaming sessions crysis for example PLease help Thanks for your help already

A:Random BSOD - Fresh install, fresh system

I think I must also mention that BSOD didnt always give the same message, wich lead me to confusion in my troubleshooting research.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/55675-random-bsod-fresh-install-fresh-system.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Just did a clean install of windows pro on new hdd Told setup to only install important driver install HDD win7 install Fresh advice and need updates and auto updates in turned off Searching this forum i found a few folks Fresh win7 install need driver and HDD install advice say quot definitely let windows install all the drivers for MOB devices etc they are the experts quot while another post said quot always use MOB site drivers since they are often tweaked for exact MOB specs no matter how old they are quot So I'm at a crossroads wondering which to do Asus software was a nightmare before Granted I did install almost all of it and probably made it a mess qfan asusupdater Volt something something allowing in OS O C tweaks etc Drivers from them didn't seem to be a problem though I want to avoid any bloatware which comes along with driver packages sometimes I have yellow exclamation in PC properties USB controller Fresh win7 install need driver and HDD install advice but that's because everything is running on minimal drivers or no drivers I did install windows update version of Realtek network card and ATI display driver but thats all I have hdds in the machine new hdd ST with win another new hdd unformatted and original C drive to allow for file transfering then I will yank it and convert into external for backup Also have dvd burners Everything is visible to BIOS and Windows except unformatted ST will use for applications and data media I'm hoping once I do install drivers however that this drive will become visible Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide I'm really please to have found this site ps i'm assuming my system specs will be visible as I filled it out completely during registration

A:Fresh win7 install need driver and HDD install advice

Quote:
"always use MOB site drivers,

Best to use the manufacturer's drivers.

Quote:
Windows except unformatted ST2000

Check in Disk management & format.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/273771-fresh-win7-install-need-driver-hdd-install-advice.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I just replaced a HDD with a SSD and did a fresh install of Win7-64. One of the first things I do is go to Win Update. Before I do that, I check internet connection by going to msn.com. All I get is a blank screen. Then I tried other websites - Google, AOL.com, Yahoo, etc, all work just fine. BTW, I was using IE10. Then I installed Chrome and also Firefox. Both of these can access any website, but not MSN.com - again a blank screen for both. Any ideas what could be wrong?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fresh-win7-install-will-not-go-to-msn-com.1091803/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hey guys,

I've been thinking about buying a new SSD, which I want to install Win 7 on. I currently have Win7 installed to an old piece of junk 80gb SATA drive (and have a seperate 500GB drive) and would really like to just have Win 7 on my SSD. Is there a way I can do this without affecting any of the programs/files I currently have on my system? (I just don't have to have to re-install games/programs etc due to the fresh install)

Thanks,

Jack.

A:Fresh win7 install to SSD

Hi,

I'm unsure about your question, you haven't really phrased your issue very well....are you asking whether its possible to just install Windows 7 to the SSD? If so, then the answer is YES.

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/142687-fresh-win7-install-ssd.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I'm sorry but I'm new of SSD into restarts Fresh 8.1, on BSOD install Fresh at this but I'm at a loss at what I'm suppose to do Just got in the mail ssd's and the HD video card along Fresh install on Fresh SSD of 8.1, restarts into BSOD with a copy of windows complete retail My boot ssd one Fresh install on Fresh SSD of 8.1, restarts into BSOD I'm trying to install on is a gb Mushkin and the other is the one I was going to put games on the gb Mushkin So I hooked the gb one up and put in my install disk for the bit of windows It went through the install fine then it said it needed to restart to complete and when it restarted it gave me the black screen of death It sat there for over minutes then the screen turned to a yellowish orange So I formatted the ssd reinstalled fresh again Same thing I then tried the gb thinking maybe I had a bad ssd Same thing Then I tried an old gb Seagate that I knew worked but I formatted it and installed Same thing So back to the gb I went formatted reinstalled then it did the black screen again So I tried booting over a couple times till it gave me the option to start in safe mode with networking It started in a black screen with the blue windows logo and stayed there for an hour I then tried the command prompt methods of BOOTREC FIXMBR BOOTREC FIXBOOT BOOTREC REBUILDBCD and restarted with same black screen after the rebuildbcd it said copies of windows So I tried to start using the install CD as a recovery drive it brought up the option to install windows I'm not sure how I can get dumps or test stuff if there is no way for me to even get to the actual explorer other than the black screen or the black screen with the blue window logo or even he more rare black screen with underscore blinking Can someone please help me out because after two days I'm at a loss here thanks Mitchell

A:Fresh install on Fresh SSD of 8.1, restarts into BSOD

Hi MitchellTyner,

First, I looked up your motherboard and it does not formally support any OS beyond Windows 7 so that could be an issue right off the bat; however, if you are running the latest BIOS, you could try and set your BIOS to default values and try that clean install without the 7870 first. Then, if it works, you could try installing the 7870 thereafter. BTW, good luck in finding all the correct drivers for your older hardware as well.

Clean Install - Windows 8

my2cents

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/43370-fresh-install-fresh-ssd-8-1-restarts-into-bsod.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi, great site here.

Is there any way to do a fresh install without a disk that my key is for? I have a pc with no backup copies of Windows 7 Pro OA that came on it. I only have a Windows 7 Home Prem disk that I bought for my laptop. Is there anyway to make it work? Will my Pro OA key from the site of the box work with the Home Prem disk I have? Or is there somewhere at Microsoft that I can download a copy of Pro OA that I have paid for?

Thanks

A:Fresh win7 pro install with no pro disk

You can download the correct versio iso file from here. Dell Community
The put it on a flash drive or burn the image to a DVD.

Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool

The key on your COA will only activate the version it is for.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/273748-fresh-win7-pro-install-no-pro-disk.html
Relevancy 67.08%

OS -Windows x -bit What was original installed OS on system Windows bit Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer Retail Age of system hardware Around years year old hard drive Age of OS installation - have install Win7 of BSODs after fresh you re-installed the OS - A couple of minutes CPU - Pentium Dual-Core GHz Video Card - Integrated GMA System Manufacturer - Asus Exact model number if laptop check label on bottom - F Q Hello again I'm writing about my BSODs after fresh install of Win7 old laptop again We've been together through a lot so he's kinda like a BSODs after fresh install of Win7 friend to me and I'd like to give him a few more years at least I've been experiencing numerous BSODs and today I've decided to reinstall the system and set up everything from scratch to eliminate all possible causes of problems I've reinstalled Win Ultimate but right after it first launched into desktop I was greeted with a BSOD During my setting up basic windows setting to my liking I got another BSODs Please help me save my friend again I'm suspecting ram this time because BSODs happened with many Bug Check Strings before I'm going to run MEMTest before sleep tonight and post result tomorrow

A:BSODs after fresh install of Win7

Hi. . .

Sorry to ask, but is this copy of Windows 7 Ultimate genuine (legit)? I am getting symbol errors in Windbg, which means that Microsoft (the MSDL symbol server site) cannot identify some of the Windows drivers, likely due to patching, including the primary NT kernel driver itself.

The dumps really were of no help to us due to the symbol errors.

You only have 19 Windows Updates installed. There should be about 400, including Windows 7 Service Pack 1. Windows Update installation is a must. You have to get ALL of these updates installed. The current build number is 7600; will change to 7601 once SP1 is installed.

In the event that we are dealing with hardware failure here, I would start with RAM diagnostics.

Run memtest86+ - run 1 stick at a time; alternate the slots - https://www.sysnative.com/forums/har...memtest86.html

Then run HDD diags. Run SeaTools for DOS, LONG test - https://www.sysnative.com/forums/har...agnostics.html

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

Code:

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\031916-25521-01.dmp]
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ntkrnlpa.exe
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntkrnlpa.exe
Built by: 7600.17795.x86fre.win7_gdr.150318-1623
Debug session time: Sat Mar 19 14:06:51.742 2016 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:06:37.584
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntkrnlpa.exe
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.wrong.symbols.exe ( nt_wrong_symbols!550A2C44411000 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 550A2C44
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WRONG_SYMBOLS_X86_7600.17795.x86fre.win7_gdr.150318-1623_TIMESTAMP_150319-015412
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: WRONG_SYMBOLS_X86_7600.17795.x86fre.win7_gdr.150318-1623_TIMESTAMP_150319-015412_550A2C44_nt_wrong_symbols!550A2C44411000
Bugcheck code 0000000A
Arguments 00000000 00000002 00000001 828688ef
BiosVersion = 206
BiosReleaseDate = 05/19/2009
SystemManufacturer = ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
SystemProductName = F52Q
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\031916-26894-01.dmp]
Built by: 7600.17795.x86fre.win7_gdr.150318-1623
Debug session time: Sat Mar 19 14:09:54.098 2016 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:02:31.939
Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.wrong.symbols.exe ( nt_wrong_symbols!550A2C44411000 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 550A2C44
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WRONG_SYMBOLS_X86_7600.17795.x86fre.win7_gdr.150318-1623_TIMESTAMP_150319-015412
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: WRONG_SYMBOLS_X86_7600.17795.x86fre.win7_gdr.150318-1623_TIMESTAMP_150319-015412_550A2C44_nt_wrong_symbols!550A2C44411000
Bugcheck code 0000000A
Arguments 839fffec 00000002 00000001 828e77fe
BiosVersion = 206
BiosReleaseDate = 05/19/2009
SystemManufacturer = ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
SystemProductName = F52Q
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\031916-19141-01.dmp]
Built by: 7600.16385.x86fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Debug session time: Sat Mar 19 13:16:29.016 2016 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:59.857
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsods-after-fresh-install-of-win7-1104922.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi guys.
Just received a new mobo, and somewhere I read that you need to do a fresh win7 install when swapping.
Is this so?
Thanks for any advice you can provide,
J

A:New mobo. Fresh win7 install?

ASUS M5A97 EVO

You need to do a clean install,
As the new MOBO's now have a uEFI BIOS.
How to install Windows 64 bit on a uEFI BIOS:
UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/272854-new-mobo-fresh-win7-install.html
Relevancy 67.08%

New Fresh Install 64, a but of New Shutting the Install Pro Win7 down for Fresh on keeps of Win Pro but keeps the Shutting down on for a long time I wanted to do a computer upgrade so I bought all new components motherboard intel haswell CPU a New Fresh Install of Win7 Pro 64, but keeps the Shutting down on for a Seasonic PSU GB DDR Ram and used my copy of a OEM System build WIN Insrtall onto a new Solid State SSD Samsung EVO GB I realize that I have to have Windows do their updating process to 'catch up' but a few times when It loades up many update files lie it states quot DO NOT POWER DOWN OR SHUT OFF YOUR COMPUTER quot that can take some time but when it gets to the SHUTTING DOWN mode last night for instance after two and a half hours I had to shut the Tower case power switch OFF I don't like doing this but it's the only way to have it boot up again Then after boot up it tells me the updates had a failure Since this is a authentic OEM system builder Microsoft Windows PRO Bit INSTALL CD I know I can not do a SYSTEM RESTORE and also probably can not do a REPAIR of WINDOWS I may but after all the install of software programs utilities et I did not want to take a chance of screwing what I have already downloaded Thank You

A:New Fresh Install of Win7 Pro 64, but keeps the Shutting down on for a

For a start, you are almost certainly outside the licensing rules.
OEM licenses cannot be moved between machines - ever - and can only be moved between motherboards for reason of failure, and only them to a direct equivalent board (as defined by the manufacturer).

As regards your updates - do them in batches of 10 or so, starting from the oldest, and see if that helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/327264-new-fresh-install-win7-pro-64-but-keeps-shutting-down.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi,

At what point during the install process is it best to install Updates and Service Paks for:

- OS
- NIC
- Drivers
- Apps

After windows security essentials is installed? If so, is it safe to launch a browser and navigate to microsoft to download Essentials, or should this be done off USB stick?

A:Fresh Win7 Pro Install: Best way to get Updates?

I download before hand and save all of the above to thumb drives.
This is my routine for a clean install is once windows is installed and I'm at my desktop.
I start with the latest drivers for my key hardware, motherboard first, then video card, sound card, NIC and so on. I do printers and such later on as I need them.
The I do the major Microsoft updates, service packs if there are any, DirectX, IE, Media Player, Silverlight, Microsoft Security Essentials, Microsoft Office. Then I hit Windows update and keep patching until there aren't any left.
Then I move onto other stuff like Adobe Reader, Flash player, Java, etc. stuff I use right away.
The rest of my programs I just install as needed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/135214-fresh-win7-pro-install-best-way-get-updates.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi guys I use an old sony vaio laptop with model number VPCSB FG with a Windows Home Premium -bit OS A few days ago I went to a Sony repair center to reformat my laptop it didn t have the OS installer when I bought it and it still have sounds The next day there was an red x mark on the volume icon and there was no sound It said that there are quot No Audio Output No win7 install of sound fresh after Device is installed quot I download the audio driver from Sony site No sound after fresh install of win7 http www sony-asia com support product vpcsb fg and installed it but after the restart there is still no sound and everything s the same I tried installing again a few times and still the same At the device manager the only thing under the quot Sound video and game controller quot is the Intel No sound after fresh install of win7 R Display Audio that is installed and enabled I tried looking No sound after fresh install of win7 at the playback devices and checked the quot Show Disabled Devices quot and quot Show Disconnected Devices quot and it still says quot No audio devices installed quot Now I don t know what to do Is this maybe a hardware problem But it still has sound after the reformat and I didn t let it fall or something like that I hope there s a software solution to this THANK YOU GUYS nbsp

A:No sound after fresh install of win7

Have you tried picking up on other audio drivers? I usually get these to work for me, regardless of mobo: http://realtek-hd-audio-drivers-x64.en.softonic.com/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-after-fresh-install-of-win7.216947/
Relevancy 67.08%

I just bought a Lenovo ThinkPad SL410 with Win 7 Pro 64-bit installed. Of course it's crippled with bloatware and of course I wiped the hard drive clean for preparation of a fresh and clean clean install of Win 7 Pro 64-bit. I was gonna use my installation disc and product key from my MS action pack subscription account but figured I shouldn't waste it on this laptop since it came with its own product key.

Before wiping the hard drive I did create recovery discs from the pre-configured/installed hidden recovery partition. How can I install the bundled Windows 7 Pro 64-bit minus the bloatware (as if I'm doing a fresh install from a retail disc) so that it uses the product key included with the laptop?

Relevancy 67.08%

Hi there, quick question:

I'm currently installing a new SSD and planned to clone my current boot drive directly to my new SSD in order to prevent the hassle of reinstalling everything. Am I going to run into any problems because my old boot drive is not an SSD?

Do I need to fresh install of Win7 on my SSD in order to Trim to be supported?

Much appreciated!

A:New SSD/Cloning HD/Win7 - Need a fresh install?

Install Windows 7 onto the new SSD drive.

Info on SSD -

http://blogs.technet.com/b/keithcomb...mysteries.aspx

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/e7/archive/2...rives-and.aspx

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/7/archive/20...windows-7.aspx

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/new-ssd-cloning-hd-win7-need-a-fresh-install-532402.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Currently working on a Dell Latitude E laptop with a fresh install of Windows Pro and both the left and click install Fresh buttons both Win7 right right trackpad buttons right-click I've checked the mouse settings in device manager as well as uninstalled and re-installed the driver I tried a second fresh installation of Win on a different HDD same result The driver that Windows installed automatically wasn't Fresh Win7 install both buttons right click the Dell trackpad driver so I tried uninstalling the stock driver and installing the Dell trackpad driver When I do this neither trackpad button works at all regardless of the settings Was hoping someone might have an idea or suggestion as to what I should try next Thanks in advance I appreciate your time Edit I had it taken apart a Fresh Win7 install both buttons right click couple days ago and didn't notice anything odd or remarkable with the connections or cable The trackstick buttons three above the touchpad seem to function correctly regardless of which driver is installed Changing the settings to reverse right and left button function does change the behaviour of the right button to act as a left click

A:Fresh Win7 install both buttons right click

If you hook up an external mouse, does it show the same behavior? This will let you know if it is software or hardware related.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/395595-fresh-win7-install-both-buttons-right-click.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I just installed Win7 32 bit on an 15 month old, pretty decent Toshiba A300 Laptop. After a day I got my first blue screen.

Attached is the minidump file.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!

A:Fresh install Win7 32 bit - blue screen

BTW - the install was clean - i.e., I freshly reformatted the HD and installed the OS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/57244-fresh-install-win7-32-bit-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I was using the Win forum but it took half of forever to post Anyway this is going to be a hell of an introduction I'm and a basket case I'm trying Lord knows I'm trying but a brain tumor cut me down That couple with other health issues makes me very disabled and I'm service-connected vet with physical emotional and mental issues I'm in a strange and confusing megalopolis Dallas having been brought here my son and virtually abandoned I'm in independent living in an assisted living place and I despise it I'm desktop Fresh can't install and Win7 I get on my of online. alone and have no help Enough I did a fresh install on my desktop and HP quad core and I can't connect to the internet My carrier is Verizon and though good they're very hard to deal with employing quot virtual agents quot I don't know what else to say I've turned into a dummy I've built websites but now geekspeak Fresh install of Win7 on my desktop and I can't get online. is like a foreign language I'm a writer and was Fresh install of Win7 on my desktop and I can't get online. a games producer I'm still trying but it a struggle for me just trying to keep my computers alive I'm on a fixed income and I'll freely admit I'm a fool I'm trying so hard but life has gotten too fast for me I'm getting on a plane tomorrow for GaryCon in Wisconsin an rpg con honoring the originator of the hobby I'd much rather be dead than alive but that'll never happen by my hand I'll probably have time for a quick check here before I have to leave I'm from a different era things were simpler seems everything in the st century is complicated Any help would truly be appreciated

A:Fresh install of Win7 on my desktop and I can't get online.

62? You're a young wiper-snapper.

Click on the Start Orb, right click on Computer then select Manage.
In the left pane, click on Device Manager.
In the center pane, expand Network Adaptors.

Post a snip of what you see there.

Use this tutorial for posting images or files to the forum:
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/365171-fresh-install-win7-my-desktop-i-cant-get-online.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi guys,
I'm having a weird problem.. And I'm unsure if this thread belongs here or in HDD section.. Please advise.
Please read the full explanation for better understanding.

I bought a new SSD for my office laptop and pulled out the old one to install on my Ultrabook..

I created a USB stick with my Samsung Win7 DVD, removed the HDD, put the SSD on it and ran the install. (NOTE: Before I installed new OS, SSD booted fine with old OS in my Ultrabook) I booted the stick, deleted the partitions and started the fresh install.. Everything goes smoothly until restarts.
After restart the laptop won't boot the SSD!! It searches for other bootable media, and if I remove all, just goes to boot menu.
I don't know what's happening and I already repeated installation 3 times without success.

Please help.

A:[SOLVED] Win7 fresh install - won't boot

Hi could you have taken the option to clone the old drive to the new

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-win7-fresh-install-wont-boot-856697.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Simply

I have a fresh install of Windows 7...all updates applied both software and firmware, and even though this dvd player/burner was used to install Win7, it does not work after the full install to both read and write to. It is not shown on My Computer and it doesn't list but it does list on the Bios on computer start and is enabled on the motherboard. It is an older IDE dvd burner 16x I believe, and it last operated just fine, (it did, after all, install Win7 from a DVD on fresh install.)

Any ideas?

Much appreciated.

Relevancy 66.65%

Hello,

I just did a fresh reformat and install of win7 on my desktop. I made sure to get all the updated drivers for all of my hardware, but I keep getting a BSOD randomly every few hours. I cannot successfully reproduce it by doing anything in particular, it seems to be entirely random.

I have attached two minidumps that I had to zip because they are both around 280 KB unzipped. I would really appreciate any help in narrowing down what might be causing this so that I can hopefully have a stable system.

Thanks

A:Intermittent BSODs Win7 fresh install

The dump files are not posted properly. Read and follow this:
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic51365.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intermittent-bsods-win7-fresh-install.176174/
Relevancy 66.65%

How to UPGRADE to Win7 7260 RTM - You Do Not Have To Do A Fresh Install !!!

In order to upgrade to 7260 from - ANY - previous version do the followings:
1. extract iso to a folder
2. right click on setup and properties
3. on compatibility check run this program in compatibility mode and select vista sp2
4. check also the option "Run this program as an administrator"
5. run setup and enjoy

I just did it and it works GREAT.

The UPGRADE procedure takes about 2-1/2 hours.

You Do Not Have To Do A Fresh Install To Get 7260 RTM.

I UPGRADED from 7100 RC to 7260 RTM.

A:How to UPGRADE to Win7 7260 RTM - NO Fresh Install !!!

If You UPGRADE You Do Not Have To Re-Install ALL Your APPS Again !!!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/14560-how-upgrade-win7-7260-rtm-no-fresh-install.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I have an older Dell Latitude laptop in which I would like to upgrade the processor.
I purchased the machine as a refurbished model. It has Win7 installed, The typical office programs 2007.

I writing to ask if there is a way to upgrade the CPU without having to disturb the overall OS configuration? If not can someone either give me direction as to how one goes about doing this (w/o WIN7 disc) or a link to where I could get direction as to how to reinstall after the upgrade.
Thank you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-cpu-fresh-win7-install-w-o-disc.170808/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello everyone I am new to the forums and I hope this will help me and anyone else with the same issue I downloaded Windows from MSDNAA from my school and burned it to a blank DVD GB I believe is the capacity Everything seemed to work fine and the burn didn't seem corrupted even when I burned it at full speed so please keep this Programs! Issue: install; cannot Fresh ANY run Win7 in mind for the following issue After I successfully installed Windows Professional Bit on my system I ran into an issue Certain programs will not open or execute at all Issue: Fresh Win7 install; cannot run ANY Programs! whether it be a setup file or even Internet Explorer Windows Media Player opens sometimes but bugs out too every now and then This is hindering me because since this is a fresh install that means I cannot begin to install drivers such as the latest Catalyst drivers for my HD Even if I open it as Administrator it does nothing but show the usual quot Processing quot mouse animation spinning symbol and after a Issue: Fresh Win7 install; cannot run ANY Programs! while nothing shows up I checked the task manager and I see it is still running but since I don't see anything I have to kill the process Again this happens with more than of the Application files Programs that I have tried and this is a fresh install of Windows I Issue: Fresh Win7 install; cannot run ANY Programs! have tried to re-install Windows again to no avail One weird error message I got was when I tried to open the sample quot Wildlife in HD quot video just to test it out quot Server Execution Failed quot I don't know what else to try and right now I am using my laptop with Windows XP to use this forum since I can't even open my browser on my desktop Is there a way to solve this problem Sorry for my first lengthy post but I wanted to provide as much detail as possible And I think my specs should show below since I filled that part out does it Thanks in advance

A:Issue: Fresh Win7 install; cannot run ANY Programs!

See if this works.... Right click on "Command Prompt", choose run as Adminitrator, then type the following (or copy and paste):
net localgroup "Administrators" "NT Authority\Local Service" /add
Press 'enter'.

Reboot, restart your computer and see if it works okay now.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/25544-issue-fresh-win7-install-cannot-run-any-programs.html
Relevancy 66.65%

For some reason, I cannot install Win7 onto this new gateway PC that I have, but am able to do it on my older PC. Both are capable of running 64 bit, both have new and working memory, hardware. Now I understand that when you do install windows for the first time, your hard drive "marries" your motherboard. Thus when I put the hard drive into the new machine after a fresh install, it gets stuck on "windows is starting" and refuses to boot (ClassPNP.SYS in safe mode). So is what I am trying to do possible? If so, how do I do it?

A:Transferring Fresh Install Win7 HDD to another machine?

If you use a program like Acronis True Image with their Plus Pack add-on it allows you to do a Universal restore to unlike hardware.

There are other programs which do the same thing.

You will need a separate license to do this.

But I must say that if you can't do the install on that hardware then something is wrong with the hardware and moving the OS from one PC to the one you can't do the install on may not work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/214295-transferring-fresh-install-win7-hdd-another-machine.html
Relevancy 66.65%

So here is the most challenging thing Ive come across in my IT travels Unfortunately its on my own system Today I restarted my main audio machine and the C drive wont boot Turns out a Can ? a recovered I over install OS win7 copy fresh the pcb on the drive has a burn Can I copy a recovered win7 OS over a fresh install ? mark So by luck there is a identical drive in the same machine bought on the same day I unscrewed the pcb from Can I copy a recovered win7 OS over a fresh install ? the working drive and gave Can I copy a recovered win7 OS over a fresh install ? it a shot and to my surprise my data recovery software - file scavenger was able to recover all the files and folders in their native file structure I want to now move them to the new drive and have it boot up into that system I was wondering if I install a fresh os win on to the new drive and pull that drive out of the machine and put it on the chain of the other computer that has the rescued files on it Can I then copy the rescued files to the drive with the freshly installed win on it and over write the files with my old systems files After doing that and returning the drive to my old system will the old system boot up Is there any tricks anyone can suggest short of re installing everything I have a shitload of rd party plug ins which would take months to re instal Not to mention my dsp audio card drivers and host environment utils and the list goes on If i can get this up and running I swear I will make a backup image and will never be in the same situation again Please Help Gurus

A:Can I copy a recovered win7 OS over a fresh install ?

As you have the rig up & running. Image the drive, & Recover to the new dive.

Backup Complete Computer - Create an Image Backup

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/178582-can-i-copy-recovered-win7-os-over-fresh-install.html
Relevancy 66.65%

At present I am dual-booting Win XP Home SP and Win Pro -bit XP is in the GB partition in the beginning Win of and boot fresh rid of dual Getting install Win7 is Getting rid of dual boot and fresh install of Win7 in the second GB partition I had partitioned the drives when I was using XP so that's why there's no MB System Reserved partition Because I'm getting a new motherboard I'm pretty sure that I need to start from scratch I'd like to install Win in the GB partition and use the GB partition for data storage doing away with the boot manager Getting rid of dual boot and fresh install of Win7 I will most likely install XP on another hard drive at a future date and boot via hard drive selection in my BIOS boot options After a full year of use my Win install only uses GB of space so GB is more than enough And if I did need more room I can use EaseUS Partition Manager at some point Would all I have to do is erase the data in each partition and then install Win in the GB partition It surely can't be that simple I haven't seen any specific guidelines on how to do what I need Would someone be so kind as to point me where I need to go I'd appreciate it

A:Getting rid of dual boot and fresh install of Win7

Here ya go.

Clean Install Windows 7

50 gigs is not enough, make your C partition at least 100 gigs.

In fact. just use the entire 149 GBs for C.

Unplug all the other hard drives when you do the install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/292257-getting-rid-dual-boot-fresh-install-win7.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I attempted to dual boot Mac OS X failed so as a result I had to reformat my full hard drive and reinstall Windows I have Win7, unresponsive install and very of slow? yet Fresh lost my backup image I downloaded a copy of Windows Home Premium bit from the internet burned to a disk and had issues hanging on expanding windows So I burned another disk and it worked Installed without a hitch and I used to activation code printed on the bottom of my computer But now I have an unresponsive computer that is very slow It takes quite a while to boot and often becomes unrespnsive when I try to do anything this is making installing drivers very hard I have no clue why this is happening but I have suspitions that my hard drive is broken Installing drivers and software is becoming hard and often fails I have flashed my BIOS with the correct BIOS from the Acer Support website and still had no luck Has anyone got any clue what is wrong Computer Acer Aspire i - M processor Intel HD Graphics GB DDR RAM GB HDD

A:Fresh install of Win7, yet very unresponsive and slow?

I would Check the hard drive with the manufacturer's diagnostic tools.
Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.
HD Diagnostic

Information
We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's app the first day you had your new PC.
& made the Startup Repair CD.
startup repair disc-create

You can Order Acer recovery disks from here:
https://secure.tx.acer.com/RCDB/Main.aspx?brand=acer

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/183994-fresh-install-win7-yet-very-unresponsive-slow.html
Relevancy 66.65%

It says no disc when I put a fresh disk in the Sony dual layer dvd external burner I try other x blank dvds and even though my computer Win sees the Dvd drive it refuses to acknowledge blank discs Also when I try to burn anything with my other built in burner it is now burning and coming up with weird errors quot Session Fixation Error of All burners ona fresh working win7 my install not Dvd quot and after trying both Astroburn and CDBurnerXp all I get is coasters Someone mentions quot forcing quot http All of my Dvd burners not working ona fresh win7 install forum digital-digest com arch p t- html Would that do any good No burners work on my freshly installed Win setup I did all updates as well Thanks if anyone has some ideas Please don t say media or other weak-sauce stuff I have tried different All of my Dvd burners not working ona fresh win7 install brands of x speed and slower It is not that and I find it weird that both burners which worked before now both won t burn after a new Win install

A:All of my Dvd burners not working ona fresh win7 install

Did you take a look in Event Viewer...looking for errors which might provide clues?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/380834/all-of-my-dvd-burners-not-working-ona-fresh-win7-install/
Relevancy 66.65%

So, I'm having that issue to where I can't connect, something to do with my IP configuration. I am connecting through a D-Link usb modem to a wireless router, which is the same setup my wife is using on her desktop to connect to the same router/modem.

Here is a screenshot of my ipconfig:

I saw that gateway is blank, not sure if that matters or not, but possibly it does.. x.x Help?

A:Fresh Win7 install, can't connect to internet.

a 169.x.x.x address shows it cant reach the DHCP server, be it a problem with the adaptor or a problem with the modem.

Have you reinstalled the drivers ? Go onto the manufacturer web site and check for the network drivers. Incorrect drivers can cause the adaptor to perform problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/114120-fresh-win7-install-cant-connect-internet.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello I recently added a rd hard drive to my computer so I could put my two existing HDs in RAID and still have a back up drive I cloned my main drive to my new backup drive and did a fresh Windows -bit install on the new RAID array I ve been able to get all my hardware working except for my X-FI 0 sound RAID on fresh No after from install Win7-64 CreativeLabs ExtremeMusic SB soundcard I ve gotten it to work a few brief times but I can t figure out what driver and control panel versions I used to make it work before I just remember it being a long process of searching online before I found an answer that worked for me Is there anyway to find out what versions I have on my backup HD since it has the correct driver and control panel versions on it Here s a description of my actual soundcard problem When I try play something in media player there is no sound the progress bar doesn t move if I watch a youtube video the progress bar moves but I still get no sound and I have no system sound either My on-board audio when enabled works perfectly My on-board audio is disabled in No sound from X-FI after fresh Win7-64 install on RAID 0 the bios the X-FI shows up in device manager and appears to be installed correctly with the latest drivers for win - I get clicks from my speakers when installing the drivers and I have tried completely uninstalling the card and re-installing it as an admin but I still don t get any sound Any and all help is greatly appreciated nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-from-x-fi-after-fresh-win7-64-install-on-raid-0.174259/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi Everyone,

From my Win 7 install, I did a backup to my second drive (I have two drives - one has the Win7 install and the other for data). So I copied data from the Win7 drive to the second drive; did a fresh install of Win7, then moved files back from the second drive to the Win7 drive.

Now the issue I'm facing is, that I can't see any of these files in the Win7 drive, even though the Win7 drives shows 13GB used space and I've set it to "show hidden and system files"

I've tried every method I know of (including search, etc...) but can't see anything,.

Would really appreciate some help on this, pls.

A:Fresh Win7 install; can't see restored files

Hello and welcome bizres mate you might try Partition Wizard Best Free Partition Manager Freeware and free partition magic for Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Vista and Windows XP 32 bit & 64 bit. MiniTool Free Partition Manager Software Home Edition.

Click on the partition you see where that data is and then click Explore. See my pic it should open out and then you can further open out as you want.

I suppose another thing is how did you transfer the data?

Oh and some system specs would be good System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/306591-fresh-win7-install-cant-see-restored-files.html
Relevancy 66.65%

i can't login facebook or ymail ,gmail,or instal an antivirus on my pc i need some help..i have a dual booting with ubuntu 12 lts and it works very well facebook,gmail,ymail everything why not on win help please!

A:Security problem after a fresh win7 install

Have you run windows update? It appears that the certificates are not being found. Also confirm that the time and date on the pc are set correctly, this can also cause these certificate errors. A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/255294-security-problem-after-fresh-win7-install.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi here is the situation A little history first on install fresh a Blue Win7 Screens I just upgraded this computer for someone from vista to windows bit I have worked on this computer before it is a gateway fx I put a better video card in it to improve his gaming some Everything has been running fine until his AV ran out and lo and behold he contracted the FBI warning virus I got rid of all that while it still had vista on it then talked him into venturing into windows I loaded it from a retail disk did the custom install for Blue Screens on a fresh Win7 install some reason it would not Blue Screens on a fresh Win7 install let me upgrade from vista to Anyway all of the drivers loaded fine except for the video card which i installed manually seemed to not have any issues So with no device manager conflicts and everything looking good I ran it for a day or loaded up his Dishonored and couple other games he plays and it ran like a spotted ape all weekend long not the first sign of a problem He takes it to his house and hooks it up early this morning and tells me that he is getting blue screens They seem to be just at random keep in mind I do not have the machine in front of me now However he was able to send me the dump files from the minidump folder I am not completely sure how to read them other than going to google so I thought if I could get some help deciphering his sudden catastrophe that would be great I have attached the zip files he sent me Let me know if you need any more info thanks alot

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/471952/blue-screens-on-a-fresh-win7-install/
Relevancy 66.65%

I recently had to replace the HDD in my Alienware M X R went from a Samsung GB to a WD Black GB This was due to frequent and increasing BSoD's Did a fresh install of Win Home Premium x using an ISO on a randomly start/new won't HDD install Win7 Fresh DVD and it went well Installed drivers from the Resource disk provided and updated via Dell's website I've slowly worked away at installing my programs the past week and running Windows Update Off and on more on than off I have had Windows Fresh Win7 install randomly won't start/new HDD unable to start It will show the Alienhead screen go to the black screen and say quot Starting Windows quot but it doesn't start and I have to hard shutdown When I restart I am then prompted to run the Startup Repair tool It usually doesn't complete and gives me an Unexpected I O error The enter and escape keys do not work and I have to hard shutdown again I will then reboot and ask Windows to start normally and it usually does The computer functions normally at this point I have run the ePSA included and everything passes In EventViewer there is errors after this last boot Event ID WMI and Event ID DHCP-client I also got a quot Disk Read Error - Press Ctl-Alt-Del to reboot quot error a day or two ago When I hit ctl-alt-del the computer booted normally What can I do to try and flush out what is causing this Other than this the computer runs like a dream and when it boots up normally it boots quickly Thank you

A:Fresh Win7 install randomly won't start/new HDD

Compare the install you did with the perfect install compiled in Clean Reinstall Windows 7.

In the final step it explains how to determine which Dell partitions to keep - essentially all should be deleted during the booted install except the utility partition if it will still run Dell Hardware Diagnostics from F12 Menu which I would run now to test and check the hardware. Sometimes there are diagnostics in two places on F12 menu: Diagnostics and in the Utility Partition itself.

If hard drive test passes then also run a full Disk Check

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/368853-fresh-win7-install-randomly-wont-start-new-hdd.html
Relevancy 65.79%

That's it really. I get the red x ion the toolbar.

When I cmd ipconfig /all I get is:
Host Name.................... : MFisher
Primary DNS suffix.......... :
Node Type ....................: Hybrid
IP routing Enabled...........: No
WINS Proxy Enabled........: No

Someone else had this problem:
Can't connect to the internet or my wired Router

But their solution didn't work for me (I put in the CD that came with my new motherboard (ASUS - - ASUS P8Z77-V LX) and installed all of the drivers but that didn't work).

I'm currently on the same Internet but through my Ubuntu (which works flawlessly). Which leads me to believe it's either an option I have hidden away somewhere in Win7 or my motherboard having trouble communicating with the ethernet port with Win7.

Any ideas? It's day 5 and it's driving me nuts!

A:Fresh install of Win7, won't recognize wired router.

Try and use Ubuntu to download the files from ASUS to your hard drive and then start Windows and run the setup from there

Im not positive but I think this is for your motherboard
32 bit http://www.asus.com/supportonly/P8Z77V_LX2/#support_QVL
64 bit http://www.asus.com/supportonly/P8Z77V_LX2/#support_QVL

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/274956-fresh-install-win7-wont-recognize-wired-router.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I have just installed (and reinstalled) Windows 7 Pro (32 bit) on my system, and get no boot animation... the number 7 morphing from the Windows logo.

Instead I get the text Starting Windows and a small red dot in the centre of the screen!

Windows does boot correctly and there seem to be no related issues, so I am not overly worried, though it is certainly odd!

Anyone else seen this?

What could be causing the problem?

Mobo: Il9 Pro
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo
RAM: 2GB

A:No 7 Boot Animation on fresh install Win7 32bit

I am not sure about this one, but one time when I upgrade to seven from vista it just showed a black screen every time but still loaded.

Does it show the windows 7 logo when coming out of hibernation?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/97411-no-7-boot-animation-fresh-install-win7-32bit.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Ok I m going to give a small amount of back story here as it may be relevant to the Connection No - Fresh Win7 Install Internet/Network current problem Yesterday I formatted my Win XP PC and tried to install Win on it of the way through the installation my PC would restart and upon loading back into windows I would receive this error message The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error Win7 Fresh Install - No Internet/Network Connection Windows installation cannot proceed To install Windows click OK to restart the computer and then restart the installation There were a number of possible fixes to this problem detailed here I eventually got the installation to complete properly by removing my Sound Card and my Network Card Ok now onto the current problem As stated I have a new clean install of Windows which seems unable to connect to our BT Home Hub router I have an ethernet connection to the router lights check and cables are secure etc and also a Wireless Network Card which may or may not be in a functioning state By which I mean I have had problems with it in the past but I can t remember exactly what is wrong with it However as I did with my XP install I want to connect via the ethernet cable In the Network and Sharing Center there are no networks listed I have attempted to update the drivers for my MB and the Network Card I m not sure how successfully If I try to ping google or anywhere else it fails This could end up being a very simple issue but I m completely new to Win and skipped Vista so I don t really no where to go from here and am kind of burned out after spending hours yesterday just installing windows My PC specs Custom Built OS Windows bit MOBO ASUS M N -SLI CPU AMD Dual Core GHz Gfx Card GeForce GTS Network Card Realtek nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

I have just done a clean install of win 7 ultimate and it all installed correctly but when i try to start up it throws an error saying that it's not connected to the internet although it is wired directly to the router which works fine on my other xp machine so i know that the connection is ok and when i click troubleshoot it says that it cannot find the network adapter..

I hope someone can help me get to the bottom of this problem.

thanks in advance.

A:Fresh install win7 ultimate net adapter problem

Hello,
Are there any yellow exclamation marks in device manager?
Is your Win7 64bit or 32bit? What is the make and model of the computer or the motherboard if it is a home built system?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/528381/fresh-install-win7-ultimate-net-adapter-problem/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi,

I have a question. How do I access a recovery Partition after a fresh install of Win7? I a fresh copy of Windows 7 from a DVD not using the recovery as I didn't want all HP utilities and stuff. But now when I press F11 it doesn't go to recovery or cant see any option there. Can see the recovery partition in Windows as I didn't touch it while installing a fresh copy.. Any Idea's please help..

Thank you..

A:How to access a recovery Partition on a HP after fresh Install of Win7

Naheed

Post a image of the Disk Management

Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/290953-how-access-recovery-partition-hp-after-fresh-install-win7.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Ok I'm going to give a small Fresh No Win7 Internet/Network Install - Connection amount of back story here as it may be relevant to the current problem Yesterday I formatted my Win XP PC and tried to install Win on it of the way through the installation my PC would restart and upon loading back into windows I would receive this error message Win7 Fresh Install - No Internet/Network Connection The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error Windows installation cannot proceed To install Windows click OK to restart the computer and then restart the installation There were a number of possible fixes to this problem detailed here I eventually got the installation to complete properly by removing my Sound Card and my Network Card Ok now onto the current problem As stated I have a new clean install of Windows which seems unable to connect to our BT Home Hub router I have an ethernet connection to the router lights check and cables are secure etc and Win7 Fresh Install - No Internet/Network Connection also a Wireless Network Card which may or may not be in a functioning state By which I mean I have had problems with it in the past but I can't remember exactly what is wrong with it However as I did with my XP install I want to connect via the ethernet cable In the Network and Sharing Center there are no networks listed I have attempted to update the drivers for my MB and the Network Card neither of which seemed to do anything If I try to ping google or anywhere else it fails This could end up being a very simple issue but I'm completely new to Win and skipped Vista so I don't really no where to go from here and am kind of burned out after spending hours yesterday just installing windows My PC specs Custom Built OS Windows bit MOBO ASUS M N -SLI CPU AMD Dual Core GHz Gfx Card GeForce GTS Network Card Realtek

A:Win7 Fresh Install - No Internet/Network Connection

The first thing you need to do is go to device manager and check whether the network cards are detected and correctly installed. A yellow exclamation mark is a bad sign.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/173963-win7-fresh-install-no-internet-network-connection.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I upgraded from XP to Win bit I did what I thought was a clean install with the C drive reformatted But alas no The C drive was originally partitioned into C amp E with one holding the operating system and the other for general use Now I find that the original partitions are still there Win has installed onto the C partition and operates normally however when I boot up I get the option for Win or original system partition cannot install drive Fresh access Win7 on now C - haven't clicked the other option for fear of screwing things up Big issue is the C logical drive is now full causing Fresh Win7 install now cannot access partition on C drive all sorts of dramas The other partition E Primary is about GB and I cannot expand the C partition into it I tried simply deleting E with MiniTool Partition Wizard but it screwed up the PC from which it automatically recovered itself In Fresh Win7 install now cannot access partition on C drive MiniTool the C drive is listed as 'System' and the E drive as 'Active amp Boot' Fresh Win7 install now cannot access partition on C drive which I assume is the issue So how can I delete the E drive partition and expand the C drive Thought simply deleting all in the E partition would allow me to expand C but obviously as it is 'Boot' no can do Can C become the 'Boot' too easily Also in Explorer E is unseen Any advice would be appreciated Hopefully there is a solution that doesn't require a complete reinstall NB After a bit more reading her worked out it is the Boot drive being installed on the E partition and not the C Can this be moved - or installed onto C and point the start-up to C Then how does the E become visible and accessible

A:Fresh Win7 install now cannot access partition on C drive

Try cleaning the HD Drive & reinstalling.

SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation

Clean Install Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/185756-fresh-win7-install-now-cannot-access-partition-c-drive.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I just built a brand new computer and bought a new SSD 128gb so in windows its 119gigs. I installed windows 7 64bit and C: properties it says its using 42.9 gigs and if I select every folder in C: and click properties total is 16gb. I have show hidden folder on so nothing is hiding. Any Idea?

thanks

A:After Fresh Win7 64Bit Install Ssd is taking 42gigs

i believe windows claims ~35 gigs on fresh install

you must turn features off to reclaim space, such as the restore point feature, you will never get it down to 16 gigs though. maybe ~30 gigs

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/237382-after-fresh-win7-64bit-install-ssd-taking-42gigs.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I seem to be having an issue doing a fresh install of Windows x Enterprise on a GB Intel series SSD The install will go as far as 'Completing Installation' before the screen goes blank the computer restarts makes another attempt to complete installation with the screen eventually going blank again monitor indicator turns amber system non-engaged I've done an extensive amount of Googling and have followed the installation guide found here on the sevenforums - SSD HDD Optimize for Windows Reinstallation specifically routine And here are my Bios settings entered prior to OS installation - http i imgur com GDUvI jpg My hardware specs Intel Q Asrock Twins P GB GBx Corsair XMS DDR GB Intel Series SSD ATi Radeon Corsair TX W power installation' install on x64 SSD on 'completing fresh Win7 rebooting supply x LG BD DVD -RW no other hard drives connected during installation Swapping out the GB SSD for a TB WD yields a successful installation only one drive is connected during the install I even installed the Intel ACHI drivers from Asrock prior to the installation just to see if the ACHI drivers on the install CD were bad and still no luck I'm out of ideas Any thoughts

A:Win7 x64 fresh install on SSD rebooting on 'completing installation'

Switch AHCI in the BIOS off. Then install and when the system is running, set AHCI first in Win7 and then in the BIOS. Then reboot. AHCI : Enable in Windows 7 / Vista

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/218680-win7-x64-fresh-install-ssd-rebooting-completing-installation.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello everybody.
I recently reinstalled win7 after several years of successful usage.
Today, about two weeks after resintall, programms started to start slowly. Small programs that used to go up in less that a second now take 10-20 secs. Sometimes, closing and restarting it immediately comes up instantly, but after a minute or so things go back to worse.

Only thing that comes to mind is that I installed OpenVDB client for testing, but removed it and rebooted machine several times.

I'm running defragmentation for night, but I don't have high expectations here ...

Any tips how can I debug this ?

thanks,
-michal

PS. what would you recommend for HDD helth check (free)?

A:programms startup slow on (almost) fresh win7 install

P.S. I just noticed that going to 'Start Menu' and typing smth. stalls. I can see "Searching" info but no programs are listed

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/390368-programms-startup-slow-almost-fresh-win7-install.html
Relevancy 65.79%

G'day everyone Is there a list or image somewhere of the subdirectories that are created under fresh Program install? the subdirectories a in Files Win7 are What in Program Files and Program Files x of a clean Windows installation I What are the subdirectories in Program Files in a fresh Win7 install? just installed Windows using my computer's recovery disks which installs a lot of manufacturer bloatware as well and I would like to see which subfolders in my Program Files directory belong to the bloatware and which are subdirectories that are normally installed in a fresh Windows installation I might decide later to do a fresh generic installation of Windows anyway but for now I'd like to determine just how bloated the bloat installation really is Attached to this post are screenshots of the two program files directories of my freshly installed Windows which was installed from the manufacturer's recovery disks I would like to determine which of these subdirectories normally come with Windows and which don't For example I can see that EverNote Skype McAfee and Adobe gets installed and those will probably be removed by me pretty soon or rather I'll make sure they don't run and update by themselves However I also see e g an ATI subfolder and I know that that is likely not bloatware Still being able to see what subdirectories Windows usually installs can help me see what bloatware is installed on the computer Thanks in advance for your help Samuel

A:What are the subdirectories in Program Files in a fresh Win7 install?

If you've only had the factory preinstall you've never even experienced actual Win7 perfect performance.

So I'd do what most tech enthusiasts do and get a perfect Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7.

At the minimum I'd Clean Up Factory Bloatware until you can get a decent clean reinstall.

I'd get rid of MucAfee googling the special tool required to uninstall such a terrible infection, Cyberlink, Nero, Symantec, Eegis, Evernote or Fooz crapware, all of the Acer utilities which duplicate and interfere with better versions built into Win7, Office preinstall unless it has free Starter. But you're still left with a second-rate install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/299778-what-subdirectories-program-files-fresh-win7-install.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi Forum,I have just performed a fresh install of windows 7 Ultimate SP1. I  am at present sat with the bare essentials of the install (no protection or security) I am looking for suggestions to what are the best (BASIC) things to install to protect my PC without going overboard and clogging up my resources which led to the re-install in the 1st place.Thanks for any input.Edit: Topic moved from Windows 7 to General Security ~ Computerxpds

A:Fresh install (win7)....Basic Security Recommendations?

Hello there Since you just performed a clean install, the first thing you will want to do is to get an AV up. I recommend Avast!, BitDefender or Microsoft Security Essentials for free non-commercial everyday use.For AM protection you can use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware or Emsisoft Anti-Malware.Once you have a good AV & AM protection, we can address your other concerns.Regards,Alex

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/571350/fresh-install-win7basic-security-recommendations/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi This week I built a new PC from scratch done this a few times before so no newbie at it and installed Win Pro SP full retail version Everything was working fine but randomly - or times a day - SP1 Fresh freezing, error install no Win7 msg randomly the system froze No real pattern to it perhaps happening slightly more when launching an app but hard to tell and no error message just complete freeze requiring forced reboot Not a mouse keyboard issue Fresh Win7 SP1 install randomly freezing, no error msg as I tried swapping them plus screen progress bars etc freeze as well Left for - mins no change Memtest and Prime return no errors System Health Report all fine To check for driver problems I formatted the HDD and started again - installed Win Pro SP from scratch Fresh Win7 SP1 install randomly freezing, no error msg didn't do any online updating didn't install any drivers for GPU soundcard etc just kept a really minimal setup But it happened again Nothing showing up in event log that I can see Most recent item before freezing this time was quot The Windows Update Service entered the running state quot Any ideas please I'm completely stumped Thanks

A:Fresh Win7 SP1 install randomly freezing, no error msg

Hi,
Experiencing this exact issue myself, and absolutely feel your pain.
Built a new PC from scratch (6 weeks ago)
Everything works fine but then it randomly freezes
No error message, just complete freeze requiring reboot
And so on.....

Exhausted several days of research towards a solution, yet have found none.

Re-installed windows and every program, while closely monitoring every detail – found and saw no issues

Possibility by working together we can discovery what we seek.

There has to be something that's being missed!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/200547-fresh-win7-sp1-install-randomly-freezing-no-error-msg.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi,

I just reinstalled win7 on a new hard drive and during the installation process, I split the disk into two equal partitions of 500gb. In 'My Computer' I can only see one partition which is the C drive but not the other partition. Looking in Disk Management, the other partition seems to be labelled as 'Unallocated'. How can I allocate this into a usable D drive? I would have expected this to happen automatically during the installation process.

Thanks you for your help.

A:Cannot see partition after fresh install on win7 on new hard drive

No it doesn't happen auto. In disk management right click on that un-allocated space and select create partition. follow the steps as they come up.Partition or Volume - Create New
Once that is done that new partition will probably have the drive letter E. You need to change the CD/DVD drive letter from D to F then change the HDD partition drive letter from E to D. Then you can go back and change the CD/DVD drive letter to E.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/263605-cannot-see-partition-after-fresh-install-win7-new-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi ive just recently installed win ultimate bit on an Acer Aspire f - g- fj laptop the problem is that the atheros wireless driver and intel management engine interface simply wont install for the atheros wireless after finishing installing and restating it seems win7 laptop problems on a fresh of install on driver that only the Bluetooth drivers have been installed with the network controller still having the yellow triangle logo while the intel management engine interface setup tell me that the system doesn't meet minimal requirements ive personally reinstalled the atheros driver's around times with drivers from different websites with the exact same result the network controller will come up as having no drivers in the device manager windows update cannot find them either the hardware ids are driver problems on a fresh install of win7 on laptop PCI VEN C amp DEV amp SUBSYS E A B amp REV for the network controller PCI VEN amp DEV D A amp SUBSYS C amp REV for the PCI Simple communication controller i have to get the wifi working since its a laptop for school use any help would be appreciated

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/389204-driver-problems-fresh-install-win7-laptop.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I'm going to start by saying I'm at my wits end on this one I recently bought some upgrades for my build at home motherboard Ram graphics card processor SSD hard drive and CPU Went through the bios setup then installed Win professional and quickly installed the drivers my MSI x a SLI plus motherboard came with I am currently house sitting at my folks for a couple of weeks but I've connected via through Ethernet before but for the life of me I can't get my computer to find a network I went to change the Adapter install Upgrade, PC connection Win7 Fresh with network no settings and I do see Fresh Win7 install with PC Upgrade, no network connection that the local Area Connection says the network cable is unplugged and I even tried the obtained configurations to the Protocol TCP IPv and but I still get nothing The newest network driver is installed but alas I get no where The ethernet cable works and I'm directly connected into the wifi modem I had a Fresh Win7 install with PC Upgrade, no network connection wireless card but the MSI x a doesn't support that PCI slot so I'm forced to stick to Cable Any idea's I mean I've tried everything I can think of and I'm Fresh Win7 install with PC Upgrade, no network connection getting no where Please help

A:Fresh Win7 install with PC Upgrade, no network connection

I hope that you meant "router" when you said "modem".

Who is the manufacturer...what is the model of the "modem"?

Some devices combine the functions of modem and routers...call themselves modem-routers.

If you have two distinct devices (modem and router), then connect the system directly to the modem to test connectivity.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/594387/fresh-win7-install-with-pc-upgrade-no-network-connection/
Relevancy 65.79%

hey guys i really messed up my win upgrade i wanted a fresh install of windows OS so i selected Custom install after backing up all data besides i also wanted to create a new partition when i selected custom install it asked me which drive i wanted to install to i selected the one i had already and fresh win7...lost of space harddisk tried install it just went ahead and installed it when everything was done and the PC restarted it said that i only had GB of free space left out of a total GB this when i had absolutely no files or programs installed so basically i lost the amount of space on my hard disk and yes i never got to create the new partition that i wanted now i want to reinstall Win but the problem is i only have an upgrade DVD the question are will i be able to re-use this DVD to reinstall the OS if yes how do i do it because when i insert the DVD it says upgradation is complete and the option is no longer active thanks tried fresh install of win7...lost harddisk space guys

A:tried fresh install of win7...lost harddisk space

Quote: Originally Posted by boxieblue

....now i want to reinstall Win7, but the problem is i only have an upgrade DVD.

the question are:
1. will i be able to re-use this DVD to reinstall the OS?
2. if yes, how do i do it? because when i insert the DVD it says upgradation is complete and the option is no longer active....

thanks guys

Welcome to Seven forums, boxieblue.

1. Yes, you can re-install using the upgrade DVD.

2. Look at these tutorials:

Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version

Custom Install Windows 7

Basically, you boot from the DVD and then follow the steps in the above tutorials.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/38429-tried-fresh-install-win7-lost-harddisk-space.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello, I am completely new to the forums so please forgive me if I do not include any necessary information.

I have been plagued by several BSoD's for a few months now, I thought I had fixed the problem a while back but it seems to have returned. They first started when I was on Vista, in which case I thought I caught the culprit of faulty RAM and bought new. I just upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate x64 2 days ago and have been getting more BSoD's. I am currently running Memory tests, and Hard drive tests. I have not installed any new hardware recently. I'm not quite sure what else to try.

I will include screen shots from Bluescreenview.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Joshua.

A:BSoD on fresh OS (Win7 UltimateN x64)

I would like to add that during a memory test (today) I noticed it said that it had detected "Hardware Problems". Though before it finished the test, I returned a few minutes later to see that it had BSoD'd again. I just bought new RAM about 1 to 2 months ago, because I thought this was the issue for my previous BSoD's. Can this be a faulty RAM slot? What are my options.. and how can I tell if this is the actual culprit? I will be running memory diagnostic a few more times having reseated the ram, as well as chkdsk. Thanks, Joshua.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/280314-bsod-fresh-os-win7-ultimaten-x64.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hy everybody I'm new here I'm pretty desperate with my problem I bought new PC DDR GB x GB Kingston MHz CL HyperX Genesis KHX MSI GTX MB GDDR N GTX-PM D GD OC Dual-Link DVI x Zalman Z fresh win7 BSOD at x64 installation Plus mid tower case W x H x D mm Procesor Intel BSOD at fresh installation win7 x64 Core i - GHz BSOD at fresh installation win7 x64 Socket box MSI H MA-G Socket CPU Sandy Bridge Intel H OCZ SSD Agility GB MB quot SATA III Native TRIM support XFX Core Edition W PSU - EasyRail technology DVD - LG GH NS DVD RW BSOD at fresh installation win7 x64 x DVD R x DL x CD-R It came already assembled by shop where I bought it I also bought original Windows bit which I decided to install myself I puted win dvd in dvd-rom and started fresh win bit installation Everything went well and PC restarted so it can continue the win installation After pc restarted it came up to ''eneter cd-key'' window and I had no time to enter it pc showed me BSOD After few tries I've installed win ne drivers no programs just fresh new installation but BSOD continued showing I've tried to install from another win dvd I tried to install all drivers latest ones but BSOD still presents I've tested my SSD with HD TUNE PRO but it show NO ERRORS I've also tested both of my DDR memory sticks and memtest shows NO ERRORS BSOD problem x F ''WHO CRASHED'' shows quot This was probably caused by the following module Unknown x Bugcheck code xF x xFFFFFA A D xFFFFFA A B xFFFFF F DB Error CRITICAL OBJECT TERMINATION quot What am I to do How to solve this problem Is this software driver or hardware problem Please someone help me

A:BSOD at fresh installation win7 x64

Is your BIOS up to date?

What about your SSD firmware?

Those are key for getting an SSD to work properly.
Additionally, reset your SSD hardware/software connection with the BIOS and clear any corruption on it: Try doing a power cycle of the SSD. The following steps should be carried out and take ~1 hour to complete.Power off the system.
Remove all power supplies (ac adapter then battery for laptop, ac adapter for desktop)
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to close the circuit and drain all components of power.
Reconnect all power supplies (battery then ac adapter for laptop, ac adapter for desktop)
Turn on the system and enter the BIOS (see your manual for the steps to enter the BIOS)
Let the computer remain in the BIOS for 20 minutes.
Follow steps 1-3 and physically remove the SSD from the system by disconnecting the cables for a desktop or disconnecting the drive from the junction for a laptop.
Leave the drive disconnected for 30 seconds to let all power drain from it.
Replace the drive connection(s) and then do steps 4-8 again.
Repeat steps 1-4.
Start your computer normally and run Windows.

The above steps were a result of: Why did my SSD "disappear" from my system? - Crucial Community

While that may not be your drive, a power cycle should be the same on all SSD drives. See how the system responds after the SSD power cycle.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/236244-bsod-fresh-installation-win7-x64.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello this is my first time posting hear so please go easy on me. Me and my fiance just finished putting together her first real gaming computer and we wanted to use a Patriot 64g SSD to put win 7 on and use a 1TB Seagate drive for all the rest of the storage. The installation of Win 7 onto the SSD went nice and smooth but when we get into windows it is not detecting the 1TB HD at all. Funny thing is that when I go in to the SSD properties, I can see the Seagate under the sharing options. The only info I have found is how to clone off an existing hard drive with Win 7 on it not how to do a fresh install on 2 new drives. Any help would be great.

A:Fresh win7 install on SSD and will not detect new Seagate hard drive

Try this, right click on computer in the start menu, select manage, in the left column select disk management. Look for the seagate drive in the lower portion of the window. When you find it, right click and select 'change drive letter or path' in the next window, select add. Thake the drive letter windows offers or select another letter from the drop down window. You should be able to see it then, if that is your problem. If that does not work, please post a screenshot of the expanded disk management in your next post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/215194-fresh-win7-install-ssd-will-not-detect-new-seagate-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi all,

I just finished installing Windows 7 Ultimate X64 on an Asus motherbord, i5 intel. I was checking the root folder my C:\ drive, and I realized that besides the standard folders (Program Files (x86), etc.) there is a file called bootsect.exe

Why is this there, and can I delete it?

1) I used Acronis 2014 to wipe my SSD drive (fast)

2) Installed Windows 7 by choosing the advance option (not the upgrade)

When I look at my hard drive structure via the Disk Management, I do see the proper (and hidden) 100MB NTFS System Reserved partition, *in addition to* my regular OS.

Is there anything wrong with this then?

Thanks for your help.

A:Bootsec.exe on root of C:\ drive (Fresh Win7 Ultimate Install)

Please post back a screenshot of Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/333977-bootsec-exe-root-c-drive-fresh-win7-ultimate-install.html
Relevancy 64.93%

So, I tried to clone my Win7 install and move it to a new 256gb SSD from my HDD. It didn't work. Something about the boot process didn't get cloned over or something. Whatever. No big deal. I needed a fresh start anyway. Just installed Windows 7 on the SSD and then rebooted. Now, every time I boot up, I get the below picture with 2 Windows 7 options. I always pick the first and it boots into Win7 fine from my SSD. Any idea how to fix this? Thanks!

A:Solved: ?Boot manager trouble after fresh Win7 install on SSD

Click the Windows Button > Type "msconfig" (without quotes) > Select the Boot tab. You can either change the Timer to 0 so it selects the first option automaticlly with no delay. or you can delete the second option.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-boot-manager-trouble-after-fresh-win7-install-on-ssd.1099697/
Relevancy 64.93%

Ok so I fresh prem. build, New install Win7 of home Issues built a new PC lastnight and proceeded to install what I thought to be Windows Home Premium bit After the installation was done I checked system properties and it's showing as a bit OS Here are my system specs AMD Phenom II x T Thuban Ghz Processor Gb of G Skill Ripjaws DDR Ram Gigabyte GA- GPA-UD H New build, fresh install of Win7 home prem. Issues AM AMD GX Mobo Onboard Video ATI Radeon HD Antec Earthwatts w continuous PSU Crossfire ready Onboard Audio Realtec ALC When I try and check my Windows Score it says it can't rate my machine due to missing proper multi-media devices Basically what i am asking is How can I tell that the disk I New build, fresh install of Win7 home prem. Issues used was infact bit Can my onboard video chipset cause it to not install as bit Did I simply get swindled and was i given a bit version instead Should the install disk prompt me for or bit installs I am completely lost with this as I definitely want the bit version and would gladly pay for the upgrade from Home premium to Ultimate bit if that's the case or buy a new copy I bought the disk from an ex Dell New build, fresh install of Win7 home prem. Issues employee and it's legit key wise and labeled as bit but is not offering me any options to choose bit installation Only installing as bit Any help would be great Thanks in advance

A:New build, fresh install of Win7 home prem. Issues

Simply go to Control Panel > System, the screen there tells you what you need to know as far as the OS is concerned.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/94948-new-build-fresh-install-win7-home-prem-issues.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi,

I replaced my old HD with a new SSD and installed Win7sp1. Now I sometimes get BSOD flashes followed by a restart.

The most serious problem though is that the system frequently locks up. Nothing functions except the cursor. Happens very randomly.

I'd rather not go through the whole ordeal of reinstalling windows as it took a Microsoft tech remoting in to put through the windows authentication. Please help.

Thanks,

Courtenay

A:Fresh Win7 Install on new ssd, screen freezes cursor still moves

Hi. ..

There are no BSOD dumps in the attached zip file.

Check your SSD manufacture's support site for firmware upgrade.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/fresh-win7-install-on-new-ssd-screen-freezes-cursor-still-moves-1023090.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi I've done a few searches for my situation but any solutions seem to involve reformatting drives which I cant do My system consisted of a C-drive on ssd and other sata discs partitioned to give me drives D E F K and V I replaced my Fresh and previously now drives 'unallocated' Win7 install full ssd with a larger ssd and I in my innocence thought all I had to do was a new Fresh Win7 install and previously full drives now 'unallocated' install of Win Home Premium b Fresh Win7 install and previously full drives now 'unallocated' on it and all would be hunky-dory I had to do a new install rather than restore an image for reasons I wont go into now From those of you in the know I sense tuts and rolling eyes My bios sees the discs for what they are and sata in the bios is set to AHCI but windows Disc Management sees one large unallocated drive I'm unable to give them drive letters or check ownership as they're not visible in Windows Explorer As I already mentioned I cant do anything that will risk loosing information already on my sata drives so how can I make them visible to Windows once again with all their partitions and drive letters as they were previously please tell me I can

A:Fresh Win7 install and previously full drives now 'unallocated'

Post a screen shot of what you can see in Windows Disk Management.

You say "one unallocated drive", but you also earlier say "2 other sata discs".

Are these purely data drives that have no traces of an OS on them?

How exactly are you trying to give them drive letters?

Do you have any other PC to which these drives can be temporarily attached to confirm they can be seen and are not outright defective?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/399191-fresh-win7-install-previously-full-drives-now-unallocated.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I just did a fresh install of Windows pro x To make this work I had to unplug all other hard drives in the case while doing the reinstall I have a SSD drive for Windows and other hard drives for files and programs After the fresh install I installed a few drivers and everything was fine Then I every fresh after of Win7 restore install reboot automatic at Unwanted replugged the two other harddrives and went on to install more Unwanted automatic restore at every reboot after fresh install of Win7 software and drivers But after that it will always do an automatic system restore whenever I reboot No prompts no messages no indication at all that it is reverting the system to a previous state But all the changes I've done since last reboot are gone I've authorized windows and get the message it is successful after reboot it again shows as unauthorized I install bitdefender AntiVirus it is up and running but after reboot it is gone The whole installation folder is gone from Program Files I install drivers which are up and running but after reboot they are gone No matter what I do it is lost upon reboot Not sure if it has anything to do with the extra hard drives But it appears this problem started when I plugged them in Any help appreciated

A:Unwanted automatic restore at every reboot after fresh install of Win7

Okay, seems this has nothing to do with system restore, but the hard drive is suffering from something called "SSD groundhog day" or "SSD time warp" syndrome. Apparently no cure for that, so I decided it's time to retire the drive and buy a new one. Hopefully it works better with the next install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/366485-unwanted-automatic-restore-every-reboot-after-fresh-install-win7.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I made a flash drive installer with RTM Win in have been using that ever since As you might guess this has become untenable in the last year Lately most of my installs have been so install clean, Suggestions / possibility a updated Win7 of fresh hadn't realized how bad it was Much grumbling about Microsoft not releasing a SP for but was surprised and happy to see the quot Convenience Rollup quot https support microsoft com en-us kb I tried that out a few weeks back it still took over hours to apply all updates to a new system I figured out that I really needed to get Suggestions / possibility of a clean, updated Win7 fresh install the slipstream method going and worked thru the process at The Last Windows ISO You ll Ever Need How to Slipstream the Convenience Rollup That seemed to work I now have a new installer that nominally updates the new system to April Question To double-check after a fresh install with this slipstream media I look in quot System quot and it says quot Service Pack quot If I look in quot Windows Updates quot - quot Installed Updates quot I see the servicing stack update and the convenience rollup KB amp This is what I should see right But the devil is in the details This system has IE installed Obviously a big security hole While I tell my people not to use IE some of them like it and we also have some applications that claim to require IE So I installed the latest IE After installing that it wanted to install another critical security updates Reboot and now it wants another updates Net critical updates etc Another reboot and it wants more critical updates PS - I haven't replicated this I did also install an Intel USB driver injection utility at about the same time It possibly was the cause of the Net updates Question Is there a reasonable list of updates to an April system that would result in a stable secure general purpose PC Continuing on Ok three months have passed since the convenience rollup package more monthly Windows updates Great Microsoft is now using a cumulative quot update rollup quot system so I only need to get the July patch Easy But I've just loaded a new system I try to apply the July rollup It sits at quot Searching for updates on this computer quot for several hours this is downloading the msu file on another computer and trying to run that If I run Windows Updates to check it also quot Checking for updates quot for hours with no result I'm hitting Post at this point will add another comment with more info

A:Suggestions / possibility of a clean, updated Win7 fresh install

Ok, made it thru moderation....

I was browsing other posts here, this one from Callender allowed the 3172605 July rollup to apply:
svchost.exe High CPU usage 98% of at least one CPU. - killing Windows update in services.msc

But after a reboot, now it wants to install 38 critical and 37 important updates. I just don't understand this.

This particular PC is a Asus Zenbook UX31A that had Win8 installed. User wanted Win 7, which I finally got to install by changing BIOS USB support to "AUTO". After the plain jane Win7 Pro 64bit install, I did have to add about eight drivers for Wifi, USB3, USB-ethernet, Graphics, etc. Could those drivers cause these very old updates to now show up as required? Oh, it is even asking for Service Pack 1 for x64 again. Grrrr.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/398942-suggestions-possibility-clean-updated-win7-fresh-install.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi.
I just did a fresh install of Win7 Ultimate SP1 on my PC, since the previous install was all crooked and had problems with viruses.
Now, I would like to keep Win7 just as a temporary tool, since all I want to get is the Win10 Upgrade tool and get the new release.
Since I don't want to install all 230+ Updates before getting the Upgrader (GWX), I'd like to ask which updates I mandatorily have to install in order to get the Upgrader. Microsoft's page regarding the update (KB3035583) does not tell me that I need some updates beforehand.

Any Ideas?

A:Which updates to install on fresh Win7 to get Win10 Upgrade tool?

You still need at least all the Security updates
See this thread for the listing of ones related to the Win 10 upgrade offer
http://www.sevenforums.com/general-d...ows-7-8-a.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/374642-updates-install-fresh-win7-get-win10-upgrade-tool.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello everyone I have a Gateway T- laptop it has gb of ram gb hdd and an amd turion system of Fresh install recover goes Win7 options always to Solved: x processor It came with win vista and am trying to upgrade to win I ran the disk everything seemed to go fine all the way up to setting the time and date After the restart it goes to quot System Recovery Options quot and asks for language Next screen says quot select an operating system to repair and click next Only win vista operating systems are listed and can be repaired quot My problem now is only win is listed My options are to load drivers or next I have read in a few places to load drivers but i read them after trying to install win I don t know where to look for drivers if that might be the case If i click next i get the quot choose a recovery tool quot and it states the operating system is win located on C Local Disk I have tried the startup recovery several times to no avail When i look at the details there are problem Solved: Fresh install of Win7 always goes to system recover options signatures The ones that look odd to me are the quot Signature SystemDisk quot and quot Signature OsVersionMismatch quot Like most idiots i thought i could handle a simple installation and didn t bother to look for tips before hand and now it s costing me Any help with this problem will be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance for any help given nbsp