Windows Support Forum

Thinkpad T410 BSOD issues

Q: Thinkpad T410 BSOD issues

I have a brand new issues T410 BSOD Thinkpad T less than a week old and I have been having problems with it When Thinkpad T410 BSOD issues I first got it right out of the box I would get a quot windows does not recognize one of your usb devices quot message and when I went to device manager quot unknown device quot was the issue So I uninstalled it and I thought that was that A couple days later I started getting BSoDs with the error code quot BUGCODE USB DRIVER quot I have gotten a bunch since then I would guess around and they seem to happen fairly randomly I haven't been able to pick up a pattern Here's some basic system information OS- Windows Pro -bit Came pre-installed I have not reinstalled it Like I said my computer is less than a week old Well it shipped out of Lenovo's warehouse on june st but it arrived around july th or th I have an intel graphics media accelerator HD not sure if that's the name of the video card or not Anyways any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Thinkpad T410 BSOD issues

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Thinkpad T410 BSOD issues

here's that zip file I'm supposed to post

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/thinkpad-t410-bsod-issues-497590.html
Relevancy 87.29%

Good afternoon all,

I have been in the process of making my laptop, a Lenovo Thinkpad T410, a much better device to use. While I've been having HDD issues, my main issue right now is the battery that I had purchased. With the IBM Power Manager software, the battery is listed as a Sanyo 42T4710. It is a 9 cell battery and I will provide any other information you need.

When I had first purchased the device, after charging for awhile the battery icon on the laptop would begin to flash amber. It will not charge to 100%, and usually stops at 96%. With the battery manager, the charge threshold is set to "Always Full Charge (Start when below 96% and end at 100%). I tried to run the battery gauge reset option, however the laptop permanently stayed at 96% and never discharged lower than that.

Are there any recommendations that you can make for what I should do with the battery?

Thanks!

A:Lenovo Thinkpad T410: Bought a different battery, issues reporting %

Does it charge to 100 when laptop is shutdown?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/372204-lenovo-thinkpad-t410-bought-different-battery-issues-reporting.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi everyone,
Need a new laptop for my computer science degree, considered quite a few. Was just wondering if anyone has an oppinion on the Lenovo ThinkPad T410 2516, I would upgrade it as follows:
i5-460m processor
windows 7 home premium 64
3/4GB RAM
320GB 7200rpm hard drive
9 cell battery
Anyone think i should upgrade it differently, I'd like to get it a little cheaper so where if anywhere should i make the cuts in upgrades?
Has anyone got this laptop? is it particularly heavy to carry around?

A:What do you think of the Lenovo ThinkPad T410?

what the difference in 3 and 4GB memory - i would not expect you to use that amount of memory unless you are using some special heavy memory programs

what other choice of CPUs do you have

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-do-you-think-of-the-lenovo-thinkpad-t410.957614/
Relevancy 71.38%

I reinstalled Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and was wondering where I could get the fingerprint reader, bluetooth and thinkvantage drivers for my Thinkpad. I'm not really sure which drivers to get online.

A:Lenovo Thinkpad T410 Driver Help

Quote: Originally Posted by verbatim20

I reinstalled Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and was wondering where I could get the fingerprint reader, bluetooth and thinkvantage drivers for my Thinkpad. I'm not really sure which drivers to get online.

Hi verbatim, you can find the drivers here Lenovo Support - Download Drivers and Software (GB)? if you need further help post back

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/183853-lenovo-thinkpad-t410-driver-help.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello there,I wanted to get all my data from my old Thinkpad T410, so I took out the SSD which was installed in it and connected it to my newer Computer. The problem is that my new bought Computer did not recognize the drive at all, so I tested the drive externally on my Thinkpad and this doesn't recognize it either nor will it boot from it when it is connected via USB. I tested the drive on Windows, Linux and MacOS, there are no problems with my external connector, my Thinkpad boots without problems from other USB-Drives and the drives work internally without any problems. On Linux, the drives are detected but not mountable and not formatable... I hope someone has an answer to this problem 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Thinkpad-T410-SSD-HDD-not-recognized-externally/td-p/3425062
Relevancy 71.38%

About two weeks ago, I began getting BSODs on a 9 month old ThinkPad T410 running Win Professional 7x64, OEM. This is the original install of the OS, and there have been no recent hardware changes. Prior to this issue, the machine has performed without any failures.

Today's failure happened quite spontaneously (or so it seemed to me) while the ThinkPad was sitting unattended and unused for about 15 minutes.

Thanks very much for your assistance.

A:ThinkPad T410 100000b8 BSODs

Hello and welcome,
Uninstall Acronis Software as dump blames them.

Update your Conexant Modem: Lenovo Support - Modem Adapter Software for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Vista (32-bit, 64-bit), XP - ThinkPad

Code:
CAX_CNXT.sys Wed Jul 01 07:59:52 2009
CAX_DPV.sys Wed Jul 01 08:05:11 2009
CAXHWAZL.sys Wed Jul 01 08:01:14 2009
mdmxsdk.sys Tue Jun 20 09:27:26 2006
Update your ThinkPad TrackPad: Lenovo Support - UltraNav driver for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Vista (32-bit, 64-bit) and XP (32-bit, 64-bit) - ThinkPad

Code:
ltpFiltr.sys Mon Jun 15 01:49:50 2009
ltpwrflt.sys Mon May 11 15:47:52 2009
Update your RIM Software ---> Research In Motion - Products

Code:
RimSerial_AMD64.sys Tue Nov 25 06:01:01 2008
Dean

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 100000B8, {fffffa8006c7c680, fffff8800316efc0, 0, 0}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\snapman.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for snapman.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for snapman.sys
Probably caused by : snapman.sys ( snapman+18e71 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC (b8)
A wait operation, attach process, or yield was attempted from a DPC routine.
This is an illegal operation and the stack track will lead to the offending
code and original DPC routine.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa8006c7c680, Original thread which is the cause of the failure
Arg2: fffff8800316efc0, New thread
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Stack address of the original thread
Arg4: 0000000000000000

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_THREAD: fffffa8006c7c680

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xB8

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff800032ea992 to fffff800032e7eda

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`03193580 fffff800`032ea992 : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`06c7c680 fffffa80`00000000 fffff880`0f8b487c : nt!KiSwapContext+0x7a
fffff880`031936c0 fffff800`032ed1af : 00000000`00000000 fffff880`03164180 0000000f`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiCommitThreadWait+0x1d2
fffff880`03193750 fffff880`01818e71 : fffff880`0182b100 fffff880`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff800`032f0f00 : nt!KeWaitForSingleObject+0x19f
fffff880`031937f0 fffff880`0182b100 : fffff880`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff800`032f0f00 fffff880`03164180 : snapman+0x18e71
fffff880`031937f8 fffff880`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 fffff800`032f0f00 fffff880`03164180 fffff880`0182b140 : snapman+0x2b100
fffff880`03193800 00000000`00000000 : fffff800`032f0f00 fffff880`03164180 fffff880`0182b140 fffffa80`07d7a348 : 0xfffff880`00000000
STACK_COMMAND: .thread 0xfffffa8006c7c680 ; kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
snapman+18e71
fffff880`01818e71 ?? ???

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 3

SYMBOL_NAME: snapman+18e71

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: snapman

IMAGE_NAME: snapman.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 45265d99

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xB8_snapman+18e71

BUCKET_ID: X64_0xB8_snapman+18e71

---------

2: kd> lmtsmn
start end module name
fffff880`0ffc0000 fffff8... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/153766-thinkpad-t410-100000b8-bsods.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi Can I use Battery from Lenovo ThinkPad T410 in Thinkpad T400?

A:Can I use Battery from Lenovo ThinkPad T410 in T40...

No.  It is a different shape

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Can-I-use-Battery-from-Lenovo-ThinkPad-T410-in-T400/td-p/3316561
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello,
I am having trouble getting the built-in wireless adapter on this laptop to get connected to the internet. I have installed the following driver:
http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/migr-73611
but have had no luck. there are no available wireless connections I can connect to.
I have also tried to use USB wireless adapter TP-LINK TL-WN725N to connect to internet. It is able to find available connections but when it tries to connect it says unable to connect and give options to troubleshoot. Once troubleshoot is complete it says to investigate router or access point issues. I have reset the router many times. Other devices are working fine with the internet just not this laptop.
I am running windows 7 64Bit.
Please help.
Thanks

A:Lenovo Thinkpad T410 wireless issue

Can you connect the laptop to the router using a cable at all ?

using just the laptop wireless adapter
unlikely to be this as it is reporting NO networks available - but check anyway please
Check the wireless is switched ON
theres often a physical switch or a combination of the FN and one of the F keys to toggle the wireless on/off
often F2 is used - but note , not always - look for a symbol that looks a little like (( i ))

is the wireless on?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

can we see an ipconfig /all - see how below
do a tcp/ip reset - see how below
post a screen shot of xirrus please - see how below

ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the information above those entries

For Windows 8 or Windows 10
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/
Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10

For Windows Vista through to Windows 10
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on the screen )​
For Windows 8 & 10
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold and red for the following commands.
Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log and press enter

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log and press enter
​ReStart (reboot) the machine.

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lenovo-thinkpad-t410-wireless-issue.1154408/
Relevancy 70.52%

I have a T with Windows risky? ThinkPad 10 T410 to Windows Is upgrading Professional which Microsoft invited to upgrade to Win In preparing the computer for Win a message indicated that some functions would not work I did not realize that in taking the next step whateve that was at the time it would gto ahead with the upgrade I found that the offer to choose when to upgrade was a choice of three different pre-assigned days I had to turn Is upgrading ThinkPad T410 to Windows 10 risky? off the computer to stop the upgrade there was no other way I tried Task Manager Is upgrading ThinkPad T410 to Windows 10 risky? Process Explorer Alt F etc Is upgrading ThinkPad T410 to Windows 10 risky? Now it is just reserved and waiting nbsp My concerns are nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp -will an upgrade result in a Windows Professional or will distinctions between Home and Profesional be lost nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp -the preparation process indicated that Intel PROSet Wireless would have to be re-installed As best as I can understand from the Intel site the wireless adaptor Intel Centrino Advanced-N AGN in the T is not supported in Win The Intel site said to go to the manufacturer Will Lenovo have an update for this nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp -Intel PROSet Wireless may not be critical to me but a wireless driver will be Will the T wireless function still function nbsp Has anyone had experience with the T moving to Win nbsp Thanks nbsp

A:Is upgrading ThinkPad T410 to Windows 10 risky?

Hi and welcome, ssumOfficially, upgrade to the win10 on the T410 isn't supported:https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht103535- win10 reduction matches the source OS.- definitely, Lenovo will not update the win10 drivers for the Intel 6200 itself, it's a deal of the Intel. But as you noticed there are no upgrades toohttps://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/59470/Intel-Centrino-Advanced-N-6200-Dual-Band- win8/10 manages wireles features from the metro app (Lenovo Settings, https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/lenovo-settings/9wzdncrfj12p#app-details) and Charms. For metro app some drivers are needed:http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-t-series-laptops/thinkpad-t41...Note there are not only win10 incompatible laptop components, but applications also.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Is-upgrading-ThinkPad-T410-to-Windows-10-risky/td-p/2176212
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi Everyone nbsp nbsp I am a THINKPAD Owner, missing New T410 Fingerprint, Webc... new T owner Bought this notebook for cheap and i am impressed by its quality My specs for the laptop as follows I upgraded ram and ssd and i am happy with the results but there is always a space for logical and not so costly improvements that is why i am here to ask you experts New Owner, THINKPAD T410 missing Fingerprint, Webc... and owners to get some suggestions if you please I am New Owner, THINKPAD T410 missing Fingerprint, Webc... a regular guy who uses its computers for web-browsing and watching online shows and some little photoshopping This computer provided more than enough power for my usage and needs nbsp nbsp i nbsp i - M stock gb ddr mhz ram it was gb before gb kingston hyperX ssd had a gb rpm seagate before Windows legalized with Win Pro key found under the battery x resolution displayEverything works perfect with windows i didn't even have to install any driver but some extra lenovo apps I flashed the lasted bios and that corrected some issues with Win installation I have checked other T models but mine is missing some important specs like Bluetooth chip would prefer BT with low energy webcam support for skype and fingerprint reader for added security The touchpad is also worn by use in time and the palmrest housing is cracked on the edge of both sides I have cut some carbon fiber stickers New Owner, THINKPAD T410 missing Fingerprint, Webc... and put onto touchpad to keep nbsp aestetcis but the sensevitiy is not that good now I want to know if nbsp nbsp I nbsp can upgrade cpu to i if yes which model of i should i get Can i add fingerprint reader to this device and at the same time changing the touchpad and palmrest housing This would be birds with one stone Is it possible to add Bluetooth and LE supporting chip in Can i add webcam but keep the keyboard light nbsp nbsp Thank you for your time and wish you all happy and productive days nbsp ps sorry for the english nbsp it isn't my native language nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/New-Owner-THINKPAD-T410-missing-Fingerprint-Webcam-Bluetooth/td-p/3319623
Relevancy 69.66%

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T which I left outdoors overnight boot Pls help: Thinkpad T410 problem? Simple error after a BBQ No rain but likely some humidity nbsp Symptoms Initially screen remains black nothing happens Simple problem? Pls help: Thinkpad T410 boot error upon pressing power button However computer is still alive Simple problem? Pls help: Thinkpad T410 boot error since power button is shinin- After Unplugging reconnecting the CMOS battery cable machine booting showing following two errors after some Simple problem? Pls help: Thinkpad T410 boot error time Date and time error Neither the date nor the time is set in the computer Solution in the manual Run BIOS Setup Utility to reset the time and date System CMOS checksum bad Default configuration used Solution in the manual Charge the backup battery for more than hours by connecting the ac adapter Replace the backup battery and run BIOS Setup Utility to reset the time and date nbsp I tried Removing The backup battery CMOS Replacing the backup battery CMOS - I bought a new oneBattery only running on DC-powerHDDRAM x DVD-driveKeyboardPower button discharge as suggested on various sites to discharge or whatever the power To press the power button times followed by pressing it for sec I tried to reset the time in the BIOS however I'm unable to navigate with the keys gt nothing happens when I try going up and down between the options with the keyboard - I tried pressing many keys simultaneously and I do get the familiar beep when you press a lot of keys randomly so the keyboard is working fine Then I noticed incidentally that the screen light goes up and down if I press the keys changing this meaning it's like the Fn function key is constantly pressed So I also tried cleaning the keyboard and removing the CTRL and Fn key but this didn't help either nbsp In fact my problem is identical to those in nbsp https forums lenovo com t ThinkPad-T -and-prior-T-series T -Hangs-on-boot-up-screen td-p The solution there was to try pressing the GPU however its not dedicate one can't see that would help nbsp Many many thanks nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Simple-problem-Pls-help-Thinkpad-T410-boot-error/td-p/3363339
Relevancy 68.8%

I have a Thinkpad T BiOS seems to have been made in and nbsp for about Boot seconds T410 Scree... Thinkpad to takes reach 30 half a month I haven't switched it off very Thinkpad T410 takes 30 seconds to reach Boot Scree... often So this morning I put it on sleep nbsp and brought it to class but when I lifted the cover the usual second wake-up screen did not pop up in fact it took roughly SECONDS before anything showed up on the screen I got back and tried shutting the thing down and restarting but the thing took roughly seconds to show me the BOOT screen with the Thinkpad icon When I pressed the Power button it lit up properly and the battery icon was on too but it just sits there for -ish seconds before even showing me life on the screen nbsp After the second wait for the Boot screen whether from sleep or starting up everything works fine I'm brought to my start screen at normal speed I've given that sketchy cuz it hasn't worked for me static discharge Power Button trick two tries after disconnecting the battery wires and ac adapters but doesn't change the second wait before the screen shows anything Can anyone tell me what the heck is going on At the start of last month my computer did NOT have this problem I've only had this problem happen to me today Is it the age Or

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Thinkpad-T410-takes-30-seconds-to-reach-Boot-Screen/td-p/3475128
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi guys, Trying to get Bitlocker working on a t410. The bios is enabled for TPM and the drivers are installed. When trying to enable Bitlocker i'm getting a message saying: A TPM module must be present on this computer but a TPM module was not found. Any ideas? Thanks,Mike

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Bitlocker-issues/td-p/3465935
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi, My T410 would not power on, nothing when pressing the button. It will power up if I remove the cmos battery, plug the power in, unplug, re-connect the cmos battery and then plug the power in, and it works fine then...until it's powered off of course and the cycle begins again. I thought it may be a faulty cmos battery so I have changed that to no avail. Next step is to change the keyboard I guess? the power button seems to do nothing...it will not power the laptop off etc. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and found a solution before I spend 20 or so on a keyboard off Ebay. Thanks, Terry

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-power-on-issues-strange-one/td-p/3438428
Relevancy 58.05%

I have been getting regularly occurring BSODs with various errors. Looking for help please.
The dump output from BSOD program and performance monitor data are attached.

The system is:
Laptop
Lenovo T410
Current OS is Windows 7 and is the one that came with the system.
System is 3 or 4 years old.

The BSODs seem to occur during heavy browser usage. Having multiple tabs opened and switching back and forth between tabs, the browser, and desktop apps. But almost always (if not always), when I am in a browser window.

Thanks,

Paul T.

A:BSOD Lenovo T410

Additional info ... The internet browser being used seems to be unimportant. I get BSODs with Chrome, Firefox and IE.

Paul T.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-lenovo-t410-761169.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I need some help please I keep getting Consistant I5 BSOD T410 Lenovo a BSOD like clockwork on my Laptop The Laptop can run in safe mode with no issues Tested this last night and this it was still on this morning I initially thought it was the ram so I removed the onboard Gb and replaced it with a new chip Consistant BSOD Lenovo I5 T410 I thought it Consistant BSOD Lenovo I5 T410 was the video drivers so I tried all Lenovo's recommended Consistant BSOD Lenovo I5 T410 drivers but it doesnt work cause according to the drivers I dont have a graphics card I reloaded windows to bit by doing a clean install and have not loaded any other drivers except the ones thats generic by windows I am clueless as I have tried every angle possible Anyone pls Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP BCP C C C BCP F EA BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Danie AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt

A:Consistant BSOD Lenovo I5 T410

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP
We could also use some system information, which you can get easily by running msinfo32.
To do that go to start>run>type msinfo32>enter

When it is finished running go to file>save>name it and upload to us here.
You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/225684-consistant-bsod-lenovo-i5-t410.html
Relevancy 56.76%

System information:

- Lenovo T410
- Bought December 2010
- Windows 7 Professional 64-bit OEM
- Hitachi 500 GB hard drive
- NVIDIA NVS 3100m Optimus Graphics 512MB DDR3 with AMT
- 4 GB PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM 1067MHz SODIMM Memory (2 DIMM) + I installed another 4 GB

I have not reinstalled the OS. The laptop had BSOD's right out of the box. They are unpredictable and occur 1-4 times per day. I disabled the switchable graphics, which seemed to reduce the frequency of the BSODs a little. I've updated the system via Lenovo's System Update tool. I called Lenovo's technical service and they ran through their stock checks and it didn't help.

I've attached the dump and system file collection + system diagnostics.

Thanks for any insight,
Dave

A:Frequent BSOD - new Lenovo T410 laptop

Hi davevoyageur and Welcome.

For a stable set up your Ram should ideally be matched. Same Manufacturer. Type. Model. Size. Batch. Timings. Etc..
Have you tried uninstalling the one stick and seeing if the blue screens continue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/144609-frequent-bsod-new-lenovo-t410-laptop.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi there, I have attached the grab all data in the hope someone will be able to advise.

My laptop has been giving BSOD for months now, Iv'e uploaded a multitude of drivers and performed registry cleaning etc

It happens without much warning apart from a very short freeze, I really need to sort it out as I have important university work to complete!

Hope you can help and thank you in advance

Sam

A:Random BSOD Lenovo T410 WER-70590-0.sysdata.xml

Welcome to the Forum.

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Lite Public:Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Lite Public
Daemon Tools/Alchohol is known to cause BSODs:
How to remove sptd.sys from system
Registry and SPTD problems | DAEMON Pro Help

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\Norton Internet Security Public:Start Menu\Programs\Norton Internet Security Public

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.2.9200.20512 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Usra\Downloads\sam699\SF_22-02-2014\022214-19172-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\SymCache*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.18247.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`0324e000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`034916d0
Debug session time: Sat Feb 22 15:12:52.272 2014 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:03:26.505
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck A, {0, 2, 1, fffff800032ccc3f}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for SYMNETS.SYS
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for SYMNETS.SYS
Probably caused by : NETIO.SYS ( NETIO!WfpExpireEntryLru+17 )

---------
Norton is a known cause of BSOD's. Please remove it for testing purpose. Use Microsoft Security Essentials.

Recommended from a strict BSOD perspective, compatibility & stability compared to other security software:

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

Malwarebytes - Free

Good and Free system security combination.

Scan with Kaspersky TDSSKiller:Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller

ESET online scanner: Free Online Virus Scanner | ESET

Reduce items at start-up: Startup Programs - Change

Perform a clean boot: Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

Run a System file check (SFC): SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Post screenshot(s) of your Hard Drive(s) using Crystal Disk Info Software: CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World

Run a Hard Drive test: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/313457-seatools-dos-windows-how-use.html

Run Disk Check on your Hard Drive(s): Disk Check

Check for heating issues using Speccy or HWmonitor

Upload a screen shot: Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Keep us posted.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/322896-random-bsod-lenovo-t410-wer-70590-0-sysdata-xml.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello Everyone Odd thing to after 520 ssd on intel series Lenovo win7proSP1 upgrade T410 BSOD i've experienced yesterday upgraded lenovo t laptop to intel ssd drive GB and decided to instal win pro with integrated sp In BSOD win7proSP1 on Lenovo T410 after upgrade to intel ssd 520 series the post installation stage while setting username and computer name computer crashed with BSOD It happen - times Even booting in the safe mode i experienced times complete freeze where i had to manually power off laptop I continued installing drivers BSOD win7proSP1 on Lenovo T410 after upgrade to intel ssd 520 series on notebook and seams that issue is no longer present I have different problem now windows shuts down unexpectedly without any bsod dumps happen also several times in past h In attach you will see in system logs only single entry as i cleared event logs to find last occurrence easily Note that with Hitachi disk that was in laptop before I never experienced bsod true is that i got laptop with installed win proSP on it with all drivers installed I used lenovo system update tool to get all drivers to the system I am suspecting that new hardware intel ssd series might be cause of this or the drivers either on sata controller or on disk according to ssd toolbox firmware on disk is latest Run Disk Full test with Intel ssd toolbox and finished successfully Also checked with malwarebytesand scanned system no issues found Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Malwarebytes Free Anti-Malware amp Internet Security Software Scan Date Scan Time AM Logfile Administrator No Version Malware Database v Rootkit Database v License Free Malware Protection Disabled Malicious Website Protection Disabled Self-protection Disabled OS Windows Service Pack CPU x File System NTFS User refa Scan Type Threat Scan Result Completed Objects Scanned Time Elapsed min sec Memory Enabled Startup Enabled Filesystem Enabled Archives Enabled Rootkits Disabled Heuristics Enabled PUP Enabled PUM Enabled Processes No malicious items detected Modules No malicious items detected Registry Keys No malicious items detected Registry Values No malicious items detected Registry Data No malicious items detected Folders No malicious items detected Files No malicious items detected Physical Sectors No malicious items detected end P S after first BSOD while creating first user and naming pc i decided to name laptop evil

A:BSOD win7proSP1 on Lenovo T410 after upgrade to intel ssd 520 series

ssd tool full test passed with success

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/339382-bsod-win7prosp1-lenovo-t410-after-upgrade-intel-ssd-520-series.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,

I'm having a spot of bother with my thinkpad t40 and soundmax. I'm trying to have a line-in into the microphone-in port to record directly through a studio mixer but for some reason it's still recording through the voice mic on the laptop itself. I would have thought it would automatically cancel out the voice mic when you plug something in the mic-in port, like when you plug in headphones to something, it negates the sound from the speakers..

Is there any way to accomplish what I'm trying to. I have the soundmax drivers installed but also have installed the asio4all drivers as I have studio software on the laptop too..

I'm running xp pro btw..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/thinkpad-t40-microphone-issues.161823/
Relevancy 47.73%

My thinkpad t440s has for some time been a problem with the fan, this does not work properly, makes a noise and stops, the fan is started and stops at repeated times and does so at any timeI do not know very well the reason for this, but it happened after one night I let it run and the next day this just happenedI would appreciate it if you could help me

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Thinkpad-T440s-Fan-issues/td-p/3480357
Relevancy 47.73%

The IBM ThinkPad I have crashed. It started off only crashing when the sims 3 ran. It progressed to the point where you can not start it up without getting multi colored lines running through the screen. I can include a picture or two of it as an example. I am not even sure if this is the right forum to post this in but if you can help, it would be great.

A:Solved: IBM ThinkPad with some issues

Hi,

It might be the start of this issue which is seen with many ThinPads>> http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Talk:Problem_with_garbled_screen
Doing anything might create more problems so the first thing to do is make sure you have any files or data you need backed up safe on some other computer or media like CDs.

The support site for IBM ThinkPads is now at Lenovo, in case you do not know how to get there, please post the exact model and the complete system ID found underneath on a tag/label it might look something like this:

600E 2645-AU

390E 2626 etc

I can direct you to the correct support pages for your machine then, and you can look things over, they have extensive records of all kinds of issues that are solvable in some cases. If the video chip on the motherboard has been damaged>> some are replaceable, motherboards definitely are, but it takes a good laptop person to do that.

Hopefully, the issue will not turn out to warrant replacement, maybe reinstalling video drivers or updating will help but as I said, save anything needed first!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-ibm-thinkpad-with-some-issues.835790/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi there, Some of the configurable buttons have stopped working on my keyboard (Thinkpad Yoga).  They are f9,f10,f11,f12 Is there anyway I can remap these to the functions they are suppose to perform? ThanksChumby

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-Chromebooks-11e-X-and/ThinkPad-Yoga-Keyboard-Issues/td-p/2092664
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi I purchased a Thinkpad Yoga for use Thinkpad reliablity issues Yoga as my main work PC nd took out extended cover i was initially pleased with my purchase but found Thinkpad Yoga reliablity issues the i GB T HDD was slow and unresponsive which i suspect is the HDD After a while Thinkpad Yoga reliablity issues the laptop failed to go into hibernate and when i went to get it from my laptop case it was extremely hot the lenovo logo affixed to the wristwrest had fell off and so had a rubber foot The laptop continued to get very warm in use and Lenovo send an engineer to replace the cooling fan Lenovo were unable to replace the rubber feet or the logo because these dont have a SKU which is ridiculous This means the laptop is not stable on a desk and the ground clearance is inconsistent and may be causing further overheatingI went to continue an important work project today and have been greeted with HDD not found It would appear the main hard disk has failed causing me to lose some data and yes I know a backup is my responsibilityHaving purchased the mot expensive Yoga at the time I am extremely disappointed with the reliability of what I thought was a road warriors laptop I am wondering if my early adoption of the Yoga was a mistake or whether they are all unreliable and look forward to any replies nbsp thanks

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Thinkpad-Yoga-reliablity-issues/td-p/3304149
Relevancy 47.3%

I've recently updated my machine - Firmware for OneLink Pro -May- - Driver for OneLink Pro v -Sep- - BIOS Update did the update September th nbsp Since that I have several issues - plugging in an SD card Onelink reconnects audio via onlink diasables network wireless reconnects nbsp the same happens randomly several times a day sometimes spotify stops working and I need to restart Spotify nbsp - Very annoying Speakers connected to the OneLink make very loud noises sounds like bad grounded electric OneLinkPro Yoga / issues Thinkpad system whe the OneLink Pro ist reconnecting and when the Laptop ist off and Power for speakers and OneLink Proi ist on nbsp - When shutting down the i-dot at the ThinkPad-logo keeps flashing Thinkpad Yoga / OneLinkPro issues So it doesn't turn off completely nbsp nbsp What might help beeing able to get back to the former driver and firmwar but I do not seem to be able to download them - nbsp Any hints appeciated nbsp Best regards Markus nbsp PS I am not a native English speaker - Hope you're getting my points

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Thinkpad-Yoga-OneLinkPro-issues/td-p/3434290
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi I have a nd generation Thinkpad Yoga inch notebook I have had this computer for about months and the screen is completely ruined in many places I have the matte screen and it appears that the pen has been scratching the soft matte finnish at many places There are also big smudges from the keyboard that does not go away when I try to clean the screen I am happy with this laptop overall but I think it is terrible design to fail to make sure that the screen and keyboard is Thinkpad yoga issues screen not touching when the lid is closed nbsp Is it possible to fix these screen issues Looking at the corner of the the screen it looks like there is a screenprotector or similar on the device Is this how Lenovo makes their matte screens Just pasting a screen protector on top of a glossy screen If so would it be possible for me to remove it without damaging the actual screen and get rid of the scratches and smudges nbsp Cheers nbsp Cheers

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Thinkpad-yoga-screen-issues/td-p/3425176
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi I have a nd generation Thinkpad Yoga inch notebook I have had this computer for about months and the screen is completely ruined in many places I have the matte screen and issues yoga screen Thinkpad it appears that the pen has been scratching the soft matte finnish at many places There are also big smudges from the keyboard that does not go away when I try to clean the screen I am happy with this laptop overall but I think it is terrible design to fail to make sure that the screen and keyboard is not touching when the lid is Thinkpad yoga screen issues closed nbsp Is it possible to fix these screen issues Looking at the corner of the the screen it looks like there is a screenprotector or similar on the device Is this how Lenovo makes their matte screens Just pasting a screen protector on top of a glossy screen If so would it be possible for me to remove it without damaging the actual screen and get rid of the scratches and smudges nbsp Cheers nbsp Cheers

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Thinkpad-yoga-screen-issues/td-p/3425176
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,

I'm having issues connecting my work IBM Thinkpad Lenovo T61 laptop to my home wireless network.

The computer does not have a problem connecting to my work wireless network, but is unable to load a page in either Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer.

It appears to be connected (ie. the Wireless Network Connection status is connected and ThinkVantage Access Connections status is operational), but still unable to load a page.

I have two other laptops that connect to the connection no problem.

Please help!

Carly

A:Issues connecting to wireless on Thinkpad T61

I would look at the firewall - see if that blocking
Also wireless encyption, if you have it on - try taking it off the wireless router and see if you can now connect

otherwise please post back the following
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
{Ping Tests}

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
On a work PC - you may not be able to install programs - but if you can
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Then run the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/issues-connecting-to-wireless-on-thinkpad-t61.921001/
Relevancy 47.3%

anybody got any idea what the driver is for using the IBM volume up/down buttons under Vista? It's a G40 model that has the IBM up/down/mute buttons.

I've downloaded drivers off of IBM's website, but most of the you can't install under Vista. You have to go into hardware drivers under System and seek them out. Despite this, although I have updated the Audio drivers, I still can't get the IBM's desktop volume up/down key to work.

Any thoughts? Flames?

A:IBM Thinkpad under Vista- some driver issues

You were able to find vista audio/video drivers for the G40 ? Or were they already bundled into Vista?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/27332/ibm-thinkpad-under-vista-some-driver-issues/
Relevancy 47.3%

Ever since I had to format and reinstall WinXP my laptop it has developed several annoying issues First that developed was the built in touchpad and trackpoint stopped working intermittantly Even with updating the driver they seldom work I found that opening the properties page in device manager makes it work for about seconds then it cuts out Even then it only allows the touchpad to function for the time leaving the trackpoint useless That doesn t matter to me since I can use the USB mouse when I m in the house It just would be nice to rely on the touchpad when I need it Then a couple months later the keyboard cuts out Not completely mind you It works during POST it works when it asks you to choose OS I dual booted for k and XP and most of the time it works for me to input my password into the user select screen of WinXP The cutting out of the KB is completely random though I keyboard/mouse issues R40 IBM Thinkpad ve noticed that it s more frequent to cut out when loading IE or Firefox too soon after booting up though it is not limited to the loading of those programs Some times it will get past POST and OS selection but not work to enter the password The IBM IBM Thinkpad R40 keyboard/mouse issues troubleshooting page has been useless All they want to say is that the KB is shot but that s only IBM Thinkpad R40 keyboard/mouse issues because the only options is quot The keyboard does not work at all quot which is not the case I am typing this on the laptop in question as we speak so obviously it works My only thought is that the version of WinXP that i have installed is wrong for this laptop My laptop did not come with a resore CD or a Windows XP CD just the OS preinstalled even though I bought it new I had to install a copy of WinXP that I had bought for my desktop and having to hack the activation on it I think that if a computer came with XP it should be allowed ANY Windows XP of the same type home pro that it came with regardless And it did come with XP Pro What IBM Thinkpad R40 keyboard/mouse issues do you think nbsp

A:IBM Thinkpad R40 keyboard/mouse issues

I figured nobody would have any input on this one... it doesn't make much sense to me either...

If I could, I'd just buy a USB KB, but alas I can't afford a USB hub + KB (only have 1 USB port)

*sighs*

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ibm-thinkpad-r40-keyboard-mouse-issues.375033/
Relevancy 46.87%

I just bought my yoga 12 thinkpad with windows 10 and the mouse has just stopped working/disappears. i have tried messing with the drivers, and I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Point Device Driver from Synoptics multiple times. Its giving me a code 10 on the driver (I believe meaning it can't talk to the rest of the computer) and everytime I try to update the drivers nothing happens (i think because I just downloaded the driver off the website). Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks,  Patrick

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Thinkpad-yoga-12-Windows-10-Mouse-issues/td-p/3437946
Relevancy 46.87%

My P is displaying some very odd behavior issues monitor external/built-in Thinkpad P70 when I plug in multiple external monitors When I have the laptop LCD open and running it seems happy but as soon as I close the laptop lid it goes haywire and of the external Thinkpad P70 external/built-in monitor issues monitors keep flickering and dropping in and out every - seconds nbsp monitor built-in laptop LCDmonitor external monitor connected to mini-DPmonitor external monitor connected to Thunderbolt -to-DP-adaptermonitor external monitor connected to HDMI nbsp System is happy if all monitors are up and running As soon as I close the laptop lid monitor and start flickering every few seconds At that point Windows is constantly trying to switch and re-scale the desktop for or monitors nbsp I have the latest NVidia and Intel P graphics drivers provided by Lenovo updated yesterday installed for my M M and Xeon Thinkpad P70 external/built-in monitor issues M processor It sure smacks of a graphics driver issue to me Or a driver hand-shake issue between the discrete and internal GPUs Anyone else seeing a similar problem Not sure that very many people are running or monitor setups out there so I might have discovered a corner case I would like to close my laptop lid at work so it's not turned on all day degrading its life nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Thinkpad-P70-external-built-in-monitor-issues/td-p/3314984
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello - nbsp I have a X Carbon with the ThinkPad USB dock nbsp Everything worked great under Windows nbsp I would occassionally have an issue with the dock not coming online after resuming Win but it was easy to fix by powering the dock on off or rebooting audio USB X1 dock ThinkPad issues 3.0 Carbon nbsp However since upgrading to Win I have a very frustrating audio issue nbsp Application seem to have trouble picking between the sound device inside the laptop and the dock nbsp For example I'll get an incoming call from Skype and it will start the call on the laptop internal speakers then say the Realtek audio device is unavailable nbsp If I call the person back it then completes the call and works fine through the dock audio device which is what it should have done the first time nbsp However the issue isn't only with Skype it's with all apps nbsp For example if I start Pandora in the Chrome browser it will start playing the audio through the laptop speakers for about second then stop nbsp I then have to refresh the web page a few times to get it to start playing out of the dock sound device nbsp All the while Windows is configured and properly reports the dock sound device as the default which X1 Carbon ThinkPad USB 3.0 dock audio issues is what I want nbsp I suspect this is an issue with the drivers for either the dock or the X not properly talking to Windows but both are up to date and either Lenovo or DisplayLink who makes the dock drivers have any noted issues with audio-switching nbsp Has anyone else experienced this issue nbsp It's very frustrating

A:X1 Carbon ThinkPad USB 3.0 dock audio issues

I'm having the same exact issues !Have you find a solution yet ?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Carbon-ThinkPad-USB-3-0-dock-audio-issues/td-p/3297610
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a Lenovo ThinkPad T440. I have replaced the trackpad with an older style trackpad, after putting everything back together it seemed as if everything was fine, but then I noticed that the delete key, PgUp, PgDn and PrtSc were not working. Note, the delete key does not respond even when I'm in the BIOS. I find it very hard to believe that I've damaged the keyboard and thus the functionality of some keys has been lost, I have examined the connecting ribbon cable and connection socket carefully, they are undamaged and free of debree. Can anyone give me any other suggestions? An external USB keyboard works fine.Delete Key doesn't work in BIOS.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Lenovo-ThinkPad-T440-Keyboard-Issues/td-p/3365731
Relevancy 46.87%

I have two problems i amd struggling to get support from Lenovo on nbsp nbsp When i connect my P Yoga to a nd Display and set my desktop to extended mode When ever i right-click the 'context' menu that appears is not in the same location as where the stylus is It appears to be offset based on - Driver Yoga Stylus Thinkpad issues! P40 the amount of total desktop space becuase its extended rather than just the actualy lenovo laptop screen which is the only screen thats compatible with the stylus nbsp Any suggestions nbsp This one has only started happening recently nbsp The Wacom service Tablet Service for ISD Driver is constantly using of my CPU and generally makes the device unusable If i disable the service i am no longer able to use my stylus which Thinkpad P40 Yoga - Stylus Driver issues! is the whole point for buying this laptop at It continues to use of my CPU no matter what i do even when not using the stylus It appears to use more and more memory over time as well Who should be fixing this Lenovo or Wacom nbsp nbsp upload png KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Thinkpad-P40-Yoga-Stylus-Driver-issues/td-p/3420930
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me?!?! I had some kind of version of a virus scanner for Windows 95 on my ThinkPad and was told by an AOL Tech (I know,I know....) that it was outdated per me having 98 so I should get rid of it and find the 98 equivalent....Wellllll, I have no idea where to do that. I have searched and can't seem to find anything on MSN or IBM sites. Also, (since I have the attention of someone who knows!!!) have you any idea of which Quicktime I can use on this system that has 64 of ram? Right now as far as I can tell, it looks like I have 2.11.57 (does that sound right?)Please e-mail me directly with any info...Thanks very much in advance for your time...Dave Petersen [email protected]

A:Virus scanning issues Windows 98/IBM ThinkPad

It would be a good idea to edit out your email address or your spam count could increase dramatically!

Have a look at avast!;http://www.avast.com/eng/system_requirements3.html and AVG;http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/

Can't help with Quick Time because I don't use it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virus-scanning-issues-windows-98-ibm-thinkpad.337196/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello Multiple Thinkpad new Edge 560 soft issues Have my new thinkpad Edge Gb ram I SSD W since two weeks and I'm already encountering several software issues Since I couldn't find the mail of any Multiple soft issues new Thinkpad Edge 560 tech guy or support from Lenovo on their website my only hope is to post Multiple soft issues new Thinkpad Edge 560 here So basically those are the issues I encountered nbsp -Fan error at startup however the computer starts-Graphic driver crashed but recovered error message when I'm surfing on internet-Lenovo Companion checkup just runs for hours without never doing anything-I have to open two times the lenovo settings app for the mobile hotspot tab to load correctly-The mobile hotspot works but cut-offs a few seconds every minutes so impossible to use it for Skype for example -The lenovo companion shortcut is just appearing white now -The shortcuts are taking quite some time to appear at startup doesn't look very normal -The bluetooth is also failing from time to time when connected to a bluetooth speaker Not expecting to solve everything unfortunately but if someone could give me a few advices or even solutions on some of the problems that'd be great Would especially be great if it's comming from the Lenovo support Thanks in advance for any help

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/Multiple-soft-issues-new-Thinkpad-Edge-560/td-p/3357686
Relevancy 46.87%

I use a Kingston HS in card reader on card reader T43-issues one Kingston in Thinkpad 6 with my T Up until several days ago when I connected this reader via USB port to T with an SD card Thinkpad T43-issues with Kingston 6 in one card reader installed I would end up with Drives E F G H with this card reader and if i looked at Device Manager These four drives would also show as Generic Volumes under Storage Volumes For whatever reason when I connect now the four DEVICES show up but only Drive F actually appears in My Computer Now if I look at device manager I can see the correct entries under USB devices but now instead of seeing the generic volumes under Storage Volumes I have Unrecognized Volume with the yellow question mark for Drive or what should be drive E but Thinkpad T43-issues with Kingston 6 in one card reader no longer has a drive letter assigned Drive F still shows Generic volume and what used to show as Drives G and H now also have the yellow question mark in device manager and no drive letter assigned Same Card reader works fine in two other PC s Have tried deleting all of the volumes under Storage volumes and rebooting and Thinkpad T43-issues with Kingston 6 in one card reader then attaching the reader again same results Even deleted all of the devices under USB rebooting and get same results Think I am missing something here but so far the light bulb hasn t come on nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/thinkpad-t43-issues-with-kingston-6-in-one-card-reader.823822/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello All,Hoping to find a solution to a VERY annoying issue. When I click the left mouse button UNDER the trackpad, it clicks once when I press it down, and once when I let the button back up. So clicking it once (up and down), effectively double-clicks. I have tried resetting trackpad to default and downloading latest drivers. Neither has fixed the issue. I first noticed the problem try to fold and unfold code in Visual Studio. I click the + box and it will expand then immediately collapse again cause it is being clicked again. Same issue with closing tabs in Chrome. I close the far left tab and it closes that tab and the next tab that fills the space. Very annoying. I otherwise love this machine but this problem is driving me crazy. Thankful for any help!-Mike

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Thinkpad-P50-Trackpad-Button-Clicking-Issues/td-p/3468905
Relevancy 46.87%

So i bought the laptop 14 months ago and it is now out of warranty. I've just started to get "Kernel security check failure", "driver unloaded without cancelling pending operations" and "unexpected kernel mode trap" errors.  the computer will then just restart itself.  any ideas on what i need to do?  thanks in advance.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Thinkpad-T450s-Kernel-Security-issues/td-p/3473455
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi there I didn't used to have any issues with my home wifi till recently I would be able to connect at 300Mbps but now it will only work at 54Mbps. I have tried a few router settings to figure out the issue and the only way I can get it to connect at the higher speed is to enable under QOS Enable WMM (Wi-Fi multimedia) settings then only will it connect at the higher speed. Anyone have any ideas why? this is really frustrating me as I didn't used to have this enabled to connect at a higher speed. Thanks

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/wifi-issues-Thinkpad-Edge-E531/td-p/3468108
Relevancy 46.44%

The trackpad drivers will not install with the latest build version issues t430s windows thinkpad driver 1... latest with you can only move the cursor with the trackpad gestures and buttons do not work I am going to give up on windows if I can not find a solution fast Phone support has been all but worthless from lenovo This machine is only out of warranty for months I find it kind of silly that you can get no phone help when you tell them its a driver issue and all your asking is will there be an update for the driver or should I just give up Why not have a way for techs to get this information to the department that could fix this instead of dismissing me as a customer who is out of warranty I find it ridicoulous that windows updates cause drivers to fail and how microsoft forces windows and its customers to use windows If lenovo is not going to support windows on older machines they should have a bulletin about it so that users dont get frustrated about the expierence nbsp I have attached a pic of the failed driver install

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/thinkpad-t430s-driver-issues-with-latest-windows-10-build/td-p/3447333
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,I have a Thinkpad L450 with AMD graphics. I recently upgraded it to Windows 10 and it has lost its battery life. Earlier in Windows 8.1 it used to give me 7 hours of working. Now it lasts only for 4 hours. Not sure why this happens or what I should change to improve this.Anybody else facing this?If there's anything I can do to improve battery life, kindly give me suggestions. Thanks in advance.

A:Thinkpad L450 battery life issues after Windows 10...

Hi GhostDragon,

Welcome to Lenovo Forums!

Install the desktop power management with the link here, hope it helps.

Please keep us posted with the results.
Thank you, have a good day.

Did someone help you today? Click on the ?upper half star? at the left side of the post to thank them with a Kudo!

Regards,
Naveen.v

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-L-R-and-SL-series/Thinkpad-L450-battery-life-issues-after-Windows-10-upgrade/td-p/2255943
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I just got my Thinkpad P k with Nvidia Quadro M M graphics this week running Windows Pro I have run into a lot of issues regarding HDMI output - switching to discrete graphics disables the HDMI Output HDMI and Screen Issues Black Thinkpad P70 output and i can no Thinkpad P70 Black Screen and HDMI Output Issues longer change the resolution or scaling nor does the Nvidia Control Panel show up nbsp In mixed graphics mode the HDMI output works and Thinkpad P70 Black Screen and HDMI Output Issues i can change the resolution nbsp but after waking from sleep the image only shows on the external HD display connected over HDMI I have to disconnect the HDMI cable to get video on the laptop screen and the reconnect it to get video on both screens I suspect that the Intel Graphics runs the Laptop Screen in mixed graphics mode in the Nvidia Control Panel I can only control the external display nbsp nbsp I am running the latest BIOS and updated the Nvidia Drivers directly from NVIDIA nbsp nbsp On another note I also had a black screen issue after updating the BIOS to no idea what version came installed everytime i rebooted and had to disconnect the Bios Battery twice but that somehow got resolved after taking out a SD card from the Card Reader nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Thinkpad-P70-Black-Screen-and-HDMI-Output-Issues/td-p/3347800
Relevancy 46.44%

I recently purchased a Yoga e d model and so far I'm loving it nbsp However I wanted to Memory Yoga Issues 20d9 Upgrade 11e Thinkpad upgrade the memory from gb to gb nbsp I purchased Crucial GB Single DDR MT s Thinkpad Yoga 11e 20d9 Memory Upgrade Issues PC Thinkpad Yoga 11e 20d9 Memory Upgrade Issues - nbsp as all the reviews I read said this was okay to use however everytime I install the memory and I try to charge the laptop at the same time it crashes nbsp I can run windows perfectly without issue up until I try to charge it nbsp I can charge ther laptop when the laptop is off but for the life of me I can't get it to coexist nbsp I installed the original ram and everything works perfectly nbsp nbsp Even if I'm in bios as soon as I plug in the charger the laptop will crash nbsp It literally has rips on the screen and everything fades out nbsp As soon as I unplug it the laptop works flawlessly nbsp nbsp I returned the memory and got a replacement and it does the same exact thing nbsp I updated both the BIOS and battery firmware nbsp I am out of ideas nbsp Any help would be appreciated nbsp nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/Thinkpad-Yoga-11e-20d9-Memory-Upgrade-Issues/td-p/3315312
Relevancy 46.44%

I have recently purchased lenovo thinkpad x1 yoga from Germany. I have tried to install different versions of linux ubuntu in dual boot, but none of them seems to work. It boots from the bootable usb and gives the live ubuntu and install ubuntu options but when you enter then it displays a blank screen and nothing happens afterwards. I am facing another issue pretty consistently that the touch screen becomes unresponsive most of the times. When i use the pen it works fine but it does not works with my fingers. Looking forward to some solution as its pretty annoying experiencing such bugs in such an expensive machine. Thanks

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-Chromebooks-11e-X-and/Thinkpad-x1-yoga-touch-screen-and-linux-issues/td-p/3312312
Relevancy 44.29%

Any help greatly appreciated Not sure what Thinkpad on Pro T42 BSOD XP the problem is so I ll be as thourogh as possible There may be some red herrings in here but who knows When I close the screen on the laptop it typically goes into standby mode but weeks ago after being screen closed and I thought in standby I pulled it out of the case after minutes in it and the fan was going and the computer was warm fan had no where to exhaust to while in the case More recently in the last week I have twice gotten the BSOD and then reboot I have checked the disk and there are no errors or BSOD on XP Pro Thinkpad T42 bad sectors I have attached a zip of the minidumps from the two said crashes Adding to the weirdness as I was hunting around for the dump files last night Norton Anti Virus said it had found and deleted a virus called Trojan Dropper Source C WINDOWS iun exe I have not had a virus in years haven t gotten any warnings from Zone Alarm that have been out of the ordinary I was using an open wireless network at a hotel when I had the first problem of the computer not going into standby So I don t know if the computer getting hotter than usual caused problems or if it s a software problem or a virus problem Any help would be greatly appreciated The last hours it s been running fine but I hate not knowing what s going on nbsp

A:BSOD on XP Pro Thinkpad T42

Your crashes may have multiple culprits. You supply two minidump. One minidump crashes with memory corruption and one dump crashes due to faulty motherboad. You also install Zonealarm which is a unstable software.

STACK_TEXT:
b2163cb4 b54df30f 00000158 001a1ef0 001a1ef0 nt!NtRequestWaitReplyPort+0x35
WARNING: Stack unwind information not available. Following frames may be wrong.
b2163d50 804de7ec 00000158 001a1ef0 001a1ef0 vsdatant+0x1b30f
b2163d50 7c90eb94 00000158 001a1ef0 001a1ef0 nt!KiFastCallEntry+0xf8
012ff7b8 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 0x7c90eb94

CHKIMG_EXTENSION: !chkimg -lo 50 -d !nt
80576ee6 - nt!NtRequestWaitReplyPort+32
[ 01:03 ]
1 error : !nt (80576ee6)

MODULE_NAME: memory_corruption
IMAGE_NAME: memory_corruption
FOLLOWUP_NAME: memory_corruption
DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0
MEMORY_CORRUPTOR: ONE_BIT
STACK_COMMAND: .trap ffffffffb2163ba8 ; kb
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: MEMORY_CORRUPTION_ONE_BIT
BUCKET_ID: MEMORY_CORRUPTION_ONE_BIT
Suggestion
1. Check the temperature of the CPU and make sure that it is not overheat
2. Reseat the memory stick to another memory slot
3. Downclock the ram
4. Clean the dust inside the computer case
5. Make sure that the ram is compatible to the motherboard

I will expect it will still crash because of the faulty m/b but it will be less frequent if the memory problem is resolved.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-on-xp-pro-thinkpad-t42.34594/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a thinkpad x w winxp tab ed sp and GB memory Since I took it out of the box programs have repeatedly crashed - Word firefox paperport I defrag regularly keep enough free hdd space available for windows and keep an thinkpad on BSOD x41 eye on commit charge to see if windows is having to use paging - rarely if ever w my general usage I recently had to replace the HDD - both lenovo s toolbox and HD Tune reported bad sectors Since I put in the new drive did the format install via recovery discs and the million and one updates it s been one after another quot this program is not responding quot The mmc consoles updates acs exe and runas app when I tried to access device manager Currently it s blue screening I run avast av windows firewall malwarebytes spywareblaster windows update BSOD on thinkpad x41 amp I m behind a router I have the latest ed of firefox and use noscript better privacy and web of trust Its current blue screen may be from malware but its long hx of instability isn t All the hardware checks out per lenovo s toolbox Both lenovo s toolbox utility and HD Tune agree the new hd is ok Are there utilities that check for hardware compatibility w winxp tab ed I m wondering if winxp tab ed is the problem With the recovery disks it s an automatic install so I couldn t mess it up Per my reading there aren t winxp tab ed cd s so unless people have figured out how to make their own those using tab ed must also be using recovery cd s provided by the vendor Have others found winxp tab ed works well on their tablets or has everyone w a working tablet put winxp or win on their tablets

A:BSOD on thinkpad x41

thinkpad x41 running winxp tab ed sp 3; 1.5 GB RAM. Recently replaced HDD and did reformat/reinstall from recovery discs.

The blue screen doesn't last long before the tablet restarts, so all I've managed to see is "registry error" and a stop whose hex value I don't have time to copy down. I've never had a blue screen where the computer restarted.

Neither safe mode nor last good configuration work. With safe mode I get a listing of what's loading that stops at mup.sys and then the screen freezes. With last known good configuration or normal startup I get the blue screen.

The thinkpad has a rescue & recovery function, but it only lets you reinstall from the hidden partition - not do repairs. It does have a hardware diagnostic feature and everything - like memory - checked out. It's also supposed to let me copy my personal docs to a usb HDD and I've done that in the past, but this time it's telling me it can't access the docs.

I recently had a blue screen on my old win2k laptop, so I have a reatogo CD and I successfully booted the thinkpad w/ it from an external optical drive [the thinkpad doesn't have an optical drive]. I'm going to try backing up my personal docs w/ it. Then, if I remember correctly, I could try copying the registry from a restore point to system32/config.

Is that what I should try at this point?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/332278/bsod-on-thinkpad-x41/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi all I T410 bios mod bug have flashed a WL-free BIOS from Serg to my T -DA I had the latest factory BIOS before Flash was successful i disabled the TPM because the beeps at startup Then i realized that i cannot read CPU speed from the OS Ubuntu and the battery isn't charging I can see on the indicator when it is T410 mod bios bug inserted or not but no charging T410 mod bios bug I installed TLP started a calibration but it only discharged the battery and charging is not working Or if it is working BIOS does not see what charging circuit is doing EC ROM is in addition I tried to flash factory BIOS but it cannot be done with battery I'm afraid to flash FL and FL as i have two FL files extracted from factory flash Have someone seen a bug like this before Can someone tell me how to flash FL and two FL 's and PAT files with Winphlash Or force the boot CD image to update I ned to revert the factory BIOS to check that the charging circuit is OK nbsp Thanks in advance

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-mod-bios-bug/td-p/3333150
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,  We have HP Zero Clients (T410) and are connection to an Windows 2012 server.When i look in the admin guide it saysthat USB redirection to windows 2012 and Windows 8 is supported.  I have enable USB redirection in the zero client. But when i connect an USB device to the zeroclient is isnt viable in my RDP7 connection to the server. Do i have to edit some policys on the server or do i need software ?  Kind regards,   Hans Vos

A:T410 - USB redirection

Im having a simaller problem with my Windows server 2008, using the T410 as well. I can get thumb drives to redirect, but i cant get SD card readers. Have you found a solution to this problem yet?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/T410-USB-redirection/td-p/5081714
Relevancy 43.86%

The ads I see on Amazon etc say that there is more than one fan type for a T and be sure to get the one that fits your machine nbsp How to make the match nbsp My T is a Type - U according to a sticker on its bottom nbsp At https support lenovo com us en documents migr- I find a table that maps these computer types to model numbers of parts including fan assemblies nbsp It lists Fan assembly integrated M and M as suitable for type - x but by omission it implies that Fan assembly discrete M and T410? fit What replacement fan will my M are not suitable to type - x nbsp I assume that in that type code x is a variable so - U is a member of that type nbsp Ah nbsp I just learned at nbsp https support lenovo com us en What replacement fan will fit my T410? documents migr- that the two different fan assemblies are for integrated graphics and discrete graphics models respectively - their heat sink components are quite different nbsp Ah again nbsp From pix on Amazon I infer that the two integrated assemblies have slightly different heat sinks but both are for integrated graphics nbsp The M is shown here nbsp https www amazon com Genuine-IBM-Thinkpad-Cooling-Heatsink dp B MTWDB E and the M is here https www amazon com IBM-Original-Thinkpad- M -Assembly dp B QWCTLG nbsp From this I want to conclude that if I get a model M or M I'm cool nbsp Is that right nbsp Also it's possible and much cheaper to buy a fan without buying the heat sink assembly as well nbsp Anybody know which fan models fit into the Fan assembly integrated nbsp Thanks in advance Ken

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/What-replacement-fan-will-fit-my-T410/td-p/3485013
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello Everyone,

I am a student and the blue screen issue I had today and in the past worries me because I cannot afford anymore downtime at this point. I have a lenovo T430 thinkpad running windows 8 pro that has blue screened twice in the past thirty days. In both situations, ntoskrnl.exe was involved. I have detailed information below and the necessary files are attached to this post.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

? OS - Windows 8 Pro
? x64
? What was original installed OS on system? Windows 7 Home Premium
? Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? Upgrade Version from Retailer
? Age of system (hardware) 3 months
? Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? Windows 8 Clean Install August 7, 2013

? CPU Core i5 3230M 2.6ghz
? Video Card Intel HD 4000
? System Manufacturer Lenovo
? Exact model number 2342CTO

A:Thinkpad Windows 8 [BSOD]

Hi,

We have two dumps attached, two different bugchecks:

WINLOGON_FATAL_ERROR (c000021a)

The Winlogon process terminated unexpectedly.

Quote:

ADDITIONAL_DEBUG_TEXT: Windows must now restart because the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service terminated unexpectedly

The Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service (RpcSs) listens on a set of the computer's network interfaces.

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)

An exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiGetVadWakeList+11 )

^^ Not sure what the MiGetVadWakeList routine is and why the memory is corrupted or what is corrupting it. Possible device drivers conflicting or hardware failure.

Let's first enable Driver Verifier and see if we can catch any driver corruption or conflicts:

Driver Verifier:

What is Driver Verifier?

Driver Verifier is included in Windows 8, 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003 to promote stability and reliability; you can use this tool to troubleshoot driver issues. Windows kernel-mode components can cause system corruption or system failures as a result of an improperly written driver, such as an earlier version of a Windows Driver Model (WDM) driver.

Essentially, if there's a 3rd party driver believed to be at issue, enabling Driver Verifier will help flush out the rogue driver if it detects a violation.

Before enabling Driver Verifier, it is recommended to create a System Restore Point:

Vista - START | type rstrui - create a restore point
Windows 7 - START | type create | select "Create a Restore Point"
Windows 8 - Restore Point - Create in Windows 8

How to enable Driver Verifier:

Start > type "verifier" without the quotes > Select the following options -

1. Select - "Create custom settings (for code developers)"
2. Select - "Select individual settings from a full list"
3. Check the following boxes -
- Special Pool
- Pool Tracking
- Force IRQL Checking
- Deadlock Detection
- Security Checks (Windows 7)
- Concurrentcy Stress Test (Windows 8)
- DDI compliance checking (Windows 8)
- Miscellaneous Checks
4. Select - "Select driver names from a list"
5. Click on the "Provider" tab. This will sort all of the drivers by the provider.
6. Check EVERY box that is NOT provided by Microsoft / Microsoft Corporation.
7. Click on Finish.
8. Restart.

Important information regarding Driver Verifier:

- If Driver Verifier finds a violation, the system will BSOD.

- After enabling Driver Verifier and restarting the system, depending on the culprit, if for example the driver is on start-up, you may not be able to get back into normal Windows because Driver Verifier will flag it, and as stated above, that will cause / force a BSOD.

If this happens, do not panic, do the following:

- Boot into Safe Mode by repeatedly tapping the F8 key during boot-up.

- Once in Safe Mode - Start > type "system restore" without the quotes.

- Choose the restore point you created earlier.
If you did not set up a restore point, do not worry, you can still disable Driver Verifier to get back into normal Windows:

- Start > Search > type "cmd" without the quotes.

- To turn off Driver Verifier, type in cmd "verifier /reset" without the quotes.
・ Restart and boot into normal Windows.

How long should I keep Driver Verifier enabled for?

It varies, many experts and analysts have different recommendations. Personally, I recommend keeping it enabled for at least 24 hours. If you don't BSOD by then, disable Driver Verifier.

My system BSOD'd, where can I find the crash dumps?

They will be located in %systemroot%\Minidump

Any other questions can most likely be answered by this article:
Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows driv... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/thinkpad-windows-8-bsod-712881.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello all,

As requested I'm including the Zip file Sys_Xp_Support.
Today when I started my computer the BSOD came up with a 0x0000000a Stop error

I restarted and everything was fine.

My computer specs are:

IBM 1834s5g Thinkpad
Intel Celeron 1.4Ghz
2 x 1gb of RAM (1GB DDR SODIMM (200pin) 33Mhz CL 2.5 DDR333 PC2700)
Onboard Intel 82852/82855 GM/GMEGraphic controller

This computer is probably over 10 years old. I got this from a family member as a temporary replacement for my desktop which died before Christmas. I don't have the money to get a new computer at the moment so upgraded the RAM on this laptop from 256mb to 2gb. As far as I know all drivers are up to date. I've just downloaded a driver checker and will do so after I've had some diagnosis.

Thanks

A:BSOD Win XP, Old thinkpad laptop

I should also add that I've run a full system check with MemTest86 (took just under 6 hours) and there were no faults on the RAM.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-win-xp-old-thinkpad-laptop-943953.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,

I am posting this for my friend so I will try to be as specific as possible. He has an IBM Thinkcentre pc and out of the blue Windows Live froze so he reboot. When he rebooted he got the BSOD. He tried every option: safemode, last known config, etc. and they all take him to the BSOD. He changed the boot order to boot from CD/DVD and then he tried a Dell WinXP Disk and a burned WinXP disk and all that happens is they boots straight to safe mode/last known good configuration screen again. It will not boot straight to disk.

Any suggestions?

He is reinstalling Vista on his laptop so he can access the web and take over from me here to get advice but if you have any ideas in the meantime I would appreciate it.

Thank you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/275859/bsod-ibm-thinkpad-cant-boot-to-cd/
Relevancy 43.43%

i just got a BSOD on my laptop, that was running great last night, then i went to restart, and i got the blue screen, it will pop up for a second, then restart right away, and give me the option of safe mode etc, i clicked safe mode and it started to boot up, but then it went back to the blue screen again, nothing works, even the last known config option wont work, so if someone can pleaseeeeeee help me fix this fast, i really need the help

Relevancy 43.43%

Without any indication of slow computer etc.. suddenly a very short blue screen then unable to boot from any device.

I had changed to a new SSD just 8 months back.

I need help with this otherwise nice Laptop.

Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/624367/my-t410-with-ssd-is-not-booting-from-any-device/
Relevancy 43.43%

At the end of the day when I close my laptop, the display will turn off but sometimes the system won't go into sleep mode. I then have to open the lid again and completely shut down the system. Is there an easy way to fix this?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/System-won-t-sleep-on-T410/td-p/3345906
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi Guys nbsp I need your help here I bought a refurbished T in Oct from Newegg It has a Win professional Today when I turned on the computer it first give out a brief it 15. bought in a has refurbished. t410 ... Oct. Now Thinkpad then it gave out a brief green screen Finally it will stay on a 'black' screen It seems that my screen is 'good' since it first has very briefly Thinkpad Recnetly I have downloaded software which I supspect it has virus on it Also to day before t410 refurbished. bought in Oct. 15. Now it has a ... I turned the computer t410 refurbished. bought in Oct. 15. Now it has a ... off I changed the computer time to Jun I am not sure if these activities are related to my 'black' screen nbsp I later connected a external display and I could do everything on it my external display is good nbsp Lenovo 'black' screen external display is working when the computer is turned on 'Thinkpad' briefly showed up then a brief green screen then goes to 'black' nbsp Please give me your advices Thanks nbsp Dan nbsp nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/t410-refurbished-bought-in-Oct-15-Now-it-has-a-black-screen/td-p/3338506
Relevancy 43.43%

I have had to reload W7 and cannot find drivers on the driver page for these:? Any help appreciatted!Device manager?

A:T410 driver issue

Welcome to the forum!

Install and run Lenovo System Update, it should take care of the missing drivers: click me!

-

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-driver-issue/td-p/3477243
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi all, I have a T410 that's from 2010 with the i5 520m cpu. I bought it used recently and I don't think the bios has ever been upgraded. When I follow the regular instructions of entering BIOS --> Config --> CPU, I saw a menu of four choices. The bottom two wereIntel(R) Virtualization Technology [DISABLED]Intel(R) VT-d Feature [DISABLED]I tried to change them, but strangely the menu only let me navigate through the first two choices (I can't recall them exactly now but they didn't seem to have anything to do with virtualization), nothing seemed to allow me to access the bottom two choices...  How should I go about fixing this properly?  I want to be very careful with upgrading/flashing BIOS as I really don't want to end up with a brick Thanks

A:Enabling Intel VT-x in a T410

Look for your BIOS Version and post it(You can find it on the start page of your BIOS)VT-x is supported by your CPU, but maybe there are conflicting settings..Maybe you really have to update the BIOS but that shouldn't be a real problem...Use a disk image, hook your thinkpad to the power and let it be for 20 minutes or so... 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Enabling-Intel-VT-x-in-a-T410/td-p/1851016
Relevancy 43.43%

I did a hardware scan on my computer and it showed me a hardware problem with the memory. The computer have been working fine for many years now. The only thing I did not so long after I got it was to upgrade to 8 GB of memory and an SSD disk. So it have been working great for many years.No it's started turning it self of sometimes while I use it. The scan showed result code: WMEBVVBTH-WL8BRF Also see the log attached. Is the memory starting to go bad or is it the Windows? The computer is upgraded to Windows 10 a few months back.

Report.jpg ?48 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-with-a-memory-problem/td-p/3363533
Relevancy 43.43%

On T410 upgraded Windows 10 32bit op sys to 64 bit and Epson projector no longer works.   Worked flawlessly and effortlessly prior to upgrade to 64 bit.  Help? thankshal mann

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Windows-10-64-bit-projector/td-p/3464149
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello Iam new here my wifi card broke and I want to replace it!.Original card is Intel centrino advanced - n - 6200 FRU 60Y2331.Can I replace whit this one T410s wifi card Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300. And what equalizer would you recommend to make sound better. Thank you!All The Best,Janar

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-WIFI-card/td-p/3382868
Relevancy 43%

Encountered occasional BSOD, probably after installing new SSD (SanDisk Ultra Plus 128G) and complete fresh installation of W7 Pro on my Thinkpad T61. It just froze for few minutes, then blue screen and rebooted. It happened more often this week, once every day. Appreciate if anyone can help. Just wonder if it is due to other drivers or SSD.

Below please find the problem details :-

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 9087
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\053014-30030-01.dmp
C:\Users\Danny\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-145985-0.sysdata.xml

A:Occassional BSOD after installing SSD on Thinkpad T61

Hi Dan The Man.

Click on the button below ....

It will download the DM log collector. Right click on the application and run as administrator. It will generate a .zip file on your desktop. Upload the .zip.
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/333122-occassional-bsod-after-installing-ssd-thinkpad-t61.html
Relevancy 43%

I just got back to my relatively new laptop and it had shutdown after a BSOD. Any ideas on what this could be would be great. Here are some details about my computer:

lenovo thinkpad t510
intel i7 620m
nvidia nvs3100m
windows 7 pro 32 bit (original installed OS)
very new hardware/software

I have re installed windows 7, as I needed two partitions

I have attached a zip

thanks

A:Bsod on lenovo thinkpad t510

Hi and welcome to SF!

This is a pretty common issue with window 7. One of the thing I would like you to try is to do a system file check:
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

You have some out of date driver:

Code:
Tppwr32v Tppwr32v.sys Thu Jun 12 21:27:57 2008 (4851DB2D)
ibmpmdrv ibmpmdrv.sys Thu May 31 04:52:39 2007 (465E9AE7)
smiif32 smiif32.sys Mon May 12 04:01:06 2008 (48280752)
psadd psadd.sys Mon Feb 19 12:56:45 2007 (45D9F2ED)
The first 2 drivers are belonged to Lenovo thinkpad Power manager drivers. Please download a newest version and install. I used to do that with my computer and it fixed the BSODs.

The 3rd driver I listed is belonged to SMI Driver for Lenovo system and the last one is belonged to Lenovo Parties Service Access Device Driver (SMBIOS). It can be an utility from Lenovo, take your time and find it on the lenovo driver website.

If none of the option work, I would go for a repair install
Here is one of the thread I used to work on, looks exactly the same as yours
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...e-screens.html

Regard,

Tuan

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/115720-bsod-lenovo-thinkpad-t510.html
Relevancy 43%

Dear all,

I went through the different steps mentioned in "clean-up-factory-bloatware" article, apart from last point which consists of re-installing my machine! But still I have BSOD and it drives me crazy.

I attached the DM Log Collector results. Hope you'll be able to find what causes this.

Thanks for your help
Isma

A:[BSOD] Lenovo Thinkpad T420

Similar errors from NVIDIA,

Quote: Originally Posted by Arc

Though there are other issues, like some unnecessary nvidia services ...

Code:
BugCheck 7F, {8, 80050033, 406f8, fffff88004d5103f}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvkflt.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvkflt.sys
Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VidSchDdiNotifyInterruptWorker+ab )

---------

You could try an older driver version.

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.2.9200.20512 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\admin\Downloads\LT-IT39-27_10_2014_134204_61\102714-6988-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.18409.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02c4b000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02e8e890
Debug session time: Mon Oct 27 17:10:16.177 2014 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:13:32.859
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 7F, {8, 80050033, 406f8, fffff880105a6697}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VidSchiUpdateCurrentIsrFrameTime+8f )

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (7f)
This means a trap occurred in kernel mode, and it's a trap of a kind
that the kernel isn't allowed to have/catch (bound trap) or that
is always instant death (double fault). The first number in the
bugcheck params is the number of the trap (8 = double fault, etc)
Consult an Intel x86 family manual to learn more about what these
traps are. Here is a *portion* of those codes:
If kv shows a taskGate
use .tss on the part before the colon, then kv.
Else if kv shows a trapframe
use .trap on that value
Else
.trap on the appropriate frame will show where the trap was taken
(on x86, this will be the ebp that goes with the procedure KiTrap)
Endif
kb will then show the corrected stack.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000008, EXCEPTION_DOUBLE_FAULT
Arg2: 0000000080050033
Arg3: 00000000000406f8
Arg4: fffff880105a6697

Debugging Details:
------------------

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7f_8

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

CURRENT_IRQL: 5

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002cc0169 to fffff80002cc0bc0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/350298-bsod-lenovo-thinkpad-t420.html
Relevancy 43%

Lenovo T510
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
8 GB Ram
Windows Update Patches - Up-to-date

Issue - For the past couple of months, experiencing frequent blue screen of death failures on PC. Recently ran PC Doctor in DOS and it found no hardware issues. I'm assuming it is a driver.

Attached is a zip of the last few mini-dump files.

Any assistance and/or suggestions is appreciated.

A:BSOD On Lenovo ThinkPad T510

The crash dumps all point to your Intel networking driver - e1k62x64.sys. Please visit the Intel website and download the latest Windows 7 drivers for your network card.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff88008d3b6b0, 0, 0}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\e1k62x64.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for e1k62x64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for e1k62x64.sys
Probably caused by : e1k62x64.sys ( e1k62x64+1aa35 )

---------
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 19, {22, fffffa8000000000, 0, 0}

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for e1k62x64.sys
Probably caused by : e1k62x64.sys ( e1k62x64+1b257 )

---------
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck D1, {68, 2, 1, fffff88002fca2e0}

Probably caused by : e1k62x64.sys ( e1k62x64+1b2e0 )

---------
These drivers are out of date and need to be updated ...

Code:
CAX_CNXT.sys Tue Jun 30 15:59:52 2009 ... ... Conexant Modem ... Conexant: Support
CAX_DPV CAX_DPV.sys Tue Jun 30 16:05:11 2009 ... Conexant Modem ... Conexant: Support
GEARAspiWDM.sys Mon May 18 08:17:04 2009 ... CD-ROM Class Filter Driver by Gear Software ... GEAR Software - DVD Mastering Software & CD Burning Software & GEAR PRO Mastering
smiifx64.sys Mon May 12 05:01:13 2008 ... SMI Driver for Lenovo system ... Lenovo Support - Home page
Tppwr64v.sys Wed Oct 18 04:40:21 2006 ... ThinkPad Pwr Mgmt Port ... Lenovo Support - Home page
XAudio64.sys Wed Apr 29 14:21:07 2009 (49F89A93) ... Conexant Modem Audio ... Conexant: Support

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/125396-bsod-lenovo-thinkpad-t510.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T420s 4173-W1J. It is ca. 18 months old.

A few months after buying it, I started to get BSOD in irregular intervals for no apparent reason. Sometimes I have been listening to music (itunes/winamp) when the crash occured.
In August I caught a Malware and had to re-install Windows. I didn't use the pre-installed Windows from the recovery partition, but a legit version I got at university. I downloaded all drivers for my notebook from the lenovo support page and they should be up to date.

I am still experiencing irregular BSOD now. I tried bluescreenview, but I don't really know a lot about computers, so that didn't help.

I still have warranty for this notebook, so it would already help to know if this is a hardware problem, so I can send it in.

I'd appreciate any help or suggestions on how to handle the problem.
Thank you!

A:Thinkpad T420s - Random BSOD

Welcome

PROBLEMATIC SOFTWARE:

These contribute in BSOD-s.
Code:
Start Menu\Programs\Avira Public:Start Menu\Programs\Avira Public
Start Menu\Programs\Avira\Avira Desktop Public:Start Menu\Programs\Avira\Avira Desktop Public
Start Menu\Programs\Check Point Public:Start Menu\Programs\Check Point Public
Start Menu\Programs\Check Point\ZoneAlarm Public:Start Menu\Programs\Check Point\ZoneAlarm Public

Please uninstall the above with the free version of Revo uninstaller. Use Advanced Mode to uninstall. Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems
Reboot the system if you are prompted.
MSE is recommended from a strict BSOD perspective, compatibility & stability compared to other antiviruses/internet security software:-1. Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows
2. Malwarebytes - Free
3. Good and Free system security combination.
Do not start the free trial of Malware Bytes; remember to deselect that option when prompted.

Run a full scan with both (separately) once downloaded, installed and updated.Go to this link: Intel? Driver Update Utility *Check the system for latest updates. Download and install all it finds.

Run the System File Checker. It allows the user to scan for and restore corruptions in Windows system files.1. Click on the
2. Type CMD on Search
3. Left click and Run as Administrator
4. Type SFC /scannow
Full tutorial here:SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Run Disk Check on your hard disk for file system errors and bad sectors on it:Disk Check

Do you have a second video card? If yes:

Perform a clean install of the video drivers:

Click on the Start ► Control Panel ► Programs ► Uninstall a program ► Uninstall everything related to; NVIDIA. Reboot the system. Delete remnants of its drivers/older drivers using Driver Fusion/Sweeper

Download and install this version of the driver: Download NVIDIA Forceware 301.42 WHQL XP - FileHippo.com

Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark
Monitor your temps with Speccy during these tests Speccy - System Information - Free Download

Let us know if this brings any stability.
___

Then test RAM. Take memtest. Run for 8 passes and test each stick in a know good slot for an additional 6 passes.
RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Quote:
The goal is to test all the RAM sticks and all the motherboard slots.

Check your motherboard manual to ensure the RAM sticks are in the recommended motherboard slots. Some motherboards have very specific slots required for the number of RAM sticks installed.

If you get errors, stop the test and continue with the next step.

1. Remove all but one stick of RAM from your computer (this will be RAM stick #1), and run Memtest86 again, for 7 passes. *Be sure to note the RAM stick, use a piece of tape with a number, and note the motherboard slot.
If this stick passes the test then go to step #3.

2. If RAM stick #1 has errors, repeat the test with RAM stick #2 in the same motherboard slot. *If RAM stick #2 passes, this indicates that RAM stick #1 may be bad. If you want to be absolutely sure, re-test RAM stick #1 in another known good slot.
*If RAM stick #2 has errors, this indicates another possible bad RAM stick, a possible motherboard slot failure or inadequate settings.
3. Test the next stick of RAM (stick #2) in the next motherboard slot. *If this RAM stick has errors repeat step #2 using a known good stick if possible, or another stick.
*If this RAM stick has no errors and both sticks failed in slot#1, test RAM stick #1 in this slot.
4. If you find a stick that passes the test, test it in all the other motherboard slots.

If Part 2 testing shows errors, and all tests in Part 3 show errors, you will need to test the RAM sticks in another computer and/or test other RAM in your computer to identify the problem.
... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/268178-thinkpad-t420s-random-bsod.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi Guys,

Got Machine on Thursday and having random BSOD since day one. Attached in the zip as per posting instructions.

Do not want to return this laptop if I can resolve this issue. Any help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/399371-random-bsod-new-thinkpad-t560.html
Relevancy 43%

Since I installed Win8 Pro, I've been getting several kinds of BSODs, every minidmp are seems linking to ntoskrnl.exe.

Could anyone help me? Thanks!

A:ntoskrnl.exe, BSOD, Win 8 Pro, ThinkPad W530

Hi!

ntoskrnl is a windows process so is very unlikely to cause BSODs. Your BSODs point towards a faulty driver.

Your first BSOD in november looks like it was caused by your graphics card driver try updating to the latest drivers on the nvidia website.

It may also be worth running driver verifier.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/ntoskrnl-exe-bsod-win-8-pro-thinkpad-w530-680356.html
Relevancy 43%

Need help with the BSOD on my thinkpad.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4
Locale ID: 2057
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 9f
BCP1: 0000000000000003
BCP2: FFFFFA800D11AA10
BCP3: FFFFF80000B9C3D8
BCP4: FFFFFA801C4FF1A0
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

The .dmg file has been attached.

A:BSOD at random on Thinkpad T430

Please follow - Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/298024-bsod-random-thinkpad-t430.html
Relevancy 43%

Just got a new Lenovo Thinkpad W swapped out HDD for a Corsair Force GT GB SSD and now using the HDD Thinkpad W530 Windows BSOD - 8 as a secondary drive in place of my DVD drive I also installed gb of Corsair Vengeance memory along with gb system memory did this prior to the hard drive swap and wasn't getting any BSOD It seems to get the Kernel data inpage error after the computer has been shut down for more than minutes Another strange thing I noticed was upon doing a fresh install of windows with my Windows 8 BSOD - Thinkpad W530 recovery media I noticed the C drive SSD seemed to have had an extra GB all of the sudden used up after restarting and getting BSOD After doing another install of windows I checked the hard drive space and I was at GB free space GB total usable space on the SSD then after shutting it down for the night and turning it back on in the morning I got the BSOD and also checked the SSD to see if the space had changed sure enough it had gone down to GB of free space I had not installed any programs or drivers yet which doesn't add up when calculating the space on each folder in my C drive Any idea what's going on here Here is the SF Diagnostic report any help would be greatly appreciated Laptop seems to be working fine other than BSOD on start up and the mysterious missing ish GB of space on my SSD

A:Windows 8 BSOD - Thinkpad W530

Issues with this device:

USB-IF xHCI USB Host Controller ROOT\UOIP_BUS_DRIVER\0000 This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device.

Find it in Device Manager. Right click and select "Uninstall". When done uninstalling, reboot the system and see if the device returns as a problem or not.

We've seen a number of BSOD issues with SSD's. Here's the information that I've compiled so far:

There's not a whole bunch available to test SSD's. The "easiest" test is to remove the SSD, install a platter-based hard drive, install Windows and test for stability that way.

Here's some suggestions:
- Update the SSD's firmware to the latest available version (VERY IMPORTANT!!!)
- Update the motherboard controllers drivers to the latest available version from the controller manufacturer (NOT the mobo manufacturer unless you can't find any on the controller manufacturer's website)
- Slow the memory (RAM) down to the next slower speed (I've only seen one person who claimed that this worked for them).
- Use any manufacturer's utilities that you may have. If you don't have any, then try this free one (I haven't used it myself): Crystal Dew World
- Update chipset and storage controller drivers to the latest available from the manufacturer of the device (not the manufacturer of the motherboard). Be sure to update ALL controllers on the motherboard!
....NOTE: Recently (Nov 2011) we had BSOD issues with the Marvell 91xx controller and an SSD. You may have to switch controllers also.
- Replace the SSD with a platter based hard drive and see if that stops the BSOD's. If it does, then it's likely that there's a problem with the SSD OR an incompatibility with your system.
It's my opinion that SSD's aren't reliable enough (with current hardware) to be used on a system that needs to work reliably. Until I see reliability I will not recommend, nor will I use, SSD's for critical applications.
06 Dec 2011 - This post tends to confirm issues with certain SSD chipsets and certain controllers - [SOLVED] cant find the cause of BSOD F4 - Tech Support Forum
29 May 2012 - The frequency of BSOD's with SSD's seems to have been decreasing over the last several months. It may be approaching time to re-evaluate my stand on their suitability for use in production systems.
10 Nov 2012 - I'm seeing an upswing in SSD errors - but most appear due to older storage controller drivers. I strongly suggest NOT using storage controller drivers that don't date from 2012 (if none are available, don't connect an SSD to that controller)
05 Jan 2013 - very interesting post about difficulties with the Marvell controllers even when not connected to the SSD drives: https://www.eightforums.com/bsod-cra...tml#post169956

Lot's of Norton drivers in the memory dumps. Please try this to rule out problems with the Norton:

Anti-Virus Removal:
Please do the following:
- download a free anti-virus for testing purposes: Free AntiVirus If using Windows 8, enable Windows Defender and the Windows Firewall instead.
- un-install the Norton from your system (you can reinstall it, if so desired, when we're done troubleshooting)
- remove any remnants of Norton using this free tool: http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_...080710133834EN
- IMMEDIATELY install and update the free anti-virus (if using Win8, enable Windows Defender), then check to ensure that the Windows Firewall is turned on.
- perform a full system scan to ensure that no malware has snuck onto your system while the anti-virus was malfunctioning.
- check to see if this fixes the BSOD's
NOTE: NEVER run more than 1 anti-virus, firewall, Internet Security/Security Center application at the same time.

Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/19967-windows-8-bsod-thinkpad-w530.html
Relevancy 43%

I have a T500 laptop (model 22437WU; Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 @ 2.53 GHz with 4 GBs of RAM). Recently 'nuked' and installed the 32-bit Windows 7 Professional with SP1 and latest patches. I have the latest BIOS and Lenovo updates as well. This computer is BSOD'ing a couple of time per day. Not with any one application, have even seen it BSOD while sitting idle (no screen saver). I have attached the requested zipped files and am hopeful that someone can shed some light on the problem.

mtb20814

A:BSOD on ThinkPad T500 new build

Quote: Originally Posted by mtb20814

I have a T500 laptop (model 22437WU; Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 @ 2.53 GHz with 4 GBs of RAM). Recently 'nuked' and installed the 32-bit Windows 7 Professional with SP1 and latest patches. I have the latest BIOS and Lenovo updates as well. This computer is BSOD'ing a couple of time per day. Not with any one application, have even seen it BSOD while sitting idle (no screen saver). I have attached the requested zipped files and am hopeful that someone can shed some light on the problem.

mtb20814

At least 2 were related to PGP 7.x. Provides icon tray shortcuts to PGP programs from Network Associates. Available via Start -> Programs. Note: Located in \%Program Files%\PGP Corporation\PGP Desktop\

I would re-install newest version as yours is over a year old.

You also have some other old drivers that really should be updated.

Code:
mdmxsdk.sys 6/19/2006 5:26:59 PM 0x9b38a000 0x9b38d180 0x00003180 0x449716a3
regi.sys 4/16/2007 11:19:05 AM 0xacede000 0xacedf500 0x00001500 0x462393e9
btwl2cap.sys 4/3/2009 8:28:35 PM 0x828bc000 0x828c7000 0x0000b000 0x49d6a9b3
XAudio32.sys 4/29/2009 2:20:55 PM 0xacf18000 0xacf20000 0x00008000 0x49f89a87
HECI.sys 6/23/2009 3:49:57 PM 0x91322000 0x9132bf80 0x00009f80 0x4a4131e5
PxHelp20.sys 6/23/2009 7:16:17 PM 0x8b5ea000 0x8b5f3300 0x00009300 0x4a416241
btwavdt.sys 6/25/2009 1:49:48 AM 0x8273f000 0x827b2000 0x00073000 0x4a430ffc
btwrchid.sys 6/25/2009 1:51:31 AM 0x828c7000 0x828c9d80 0x00002d80 0x4a431063
HSX_CNXT.sys 6/30/2009 3:37:23 PM 0x99307000 0x993bc000 0x000b5000 0x4a4a6973
HSXHWAZL.sys 6/30/2009 3:38:13 PM 0x93915000 0x93952000 0x0003d000 0x4a4a69a5
HSX_DPV.sys 6/30/2009 3:40:17 PM 0x99205000 0x99307000 0x00102000 0x4a4a6a21
btwaudio.sys 7/1/2009 9:54:29 AM 0x8283b000 0x828bc000 0x00081000 0x4a4b6a95
psadd.sys 7/1/2009 10:16:45 PM 0x915f8000 0x915fe700 0x00006700 0x4a4c188d
Tvti2c.sys 7/1/2009 10:16:55 PM 0x913ea000 0x913f1b80 0x00007b80 0x4a4c1897
ATSwpWDF.sys 7/7/2009 2:21:31 PM 0x93952000 0x939c6e00 0x00074e00 0x4a53922b
How To Find Drivers:

Quote:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.

- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/192544-bsod-thinkpad-t500-new-build.html
Relevancy 43%

For the past few months when turning off my computer windows would get stuck in the shutting down screen for 15 -20 minutes until the BSOD would appear. I tried to use windows debugger but not matter what symbol package I would use it would say they are the wrong symbols. After giving up with windows debugger I used the blue screen view program. It showed that all my crashes where caused by a driver called ntoskrnl.exe. After reading about blue screen viewer I found that it isn?t correct all the time so I am skeptical about doing something to a windows driver. Attached is a copy of my latest minidump file, I do not know what to do with the ntoskrnl.exe file and any help will be greatly appreciated.

A:BSOD when shutting down thinkpad with windows 7

Hello,

The dump blames iaStor.sys, the Intel storage controller driver.
Code:
iaStor.sys Fri Jan 15 15:21:57 2010 (4B50CE65)
Install the latest chipset drivers from here: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/defa...me_downloadctr

You can use the Intel Update Utility if you wish.

If you need more assistance, please upload a full system report:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ns-452654.html

...Summary of the dumps:

Code:

Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Debug session time: Mon Jan 17 06:44:13.116 2011 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:16:47.333
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for iaStor.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for iaStor.sys
Probably caused by : iaStor.sys
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x9F_4_IMAGE_iaStor.sys
SystemProductName = 2516CTO
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-when-shutting-down-thinkpad-with-windows-7-a-544629.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi,

I just got my 2nd BSOD on my previously reliable Thinkpad T60p with Windows 7 and a Samsung 830 SSD.

The message is "Hardware Malfunction" ... "NMI: Parity Check / Memory Parity Error"

Couldn't really find anything in the logs nor could I get a minidump file to generate. After the first BSOD I did try running memtest86 for a couple iterations with no error, and also ran chkdsk on startup.

Attaching zip per instructions.

Thanks for any insight!

A:Need help dianosing BSOD on Thinkpad T60p

Yeah no dumps to worj with unfortunately, try the steps below.Open Advanced System Settings
Click on Settings in Startup & Recovery
Make sure both boxes indicated below are checked
In the dropdown box ensure you're set to record Small Memory Dumps

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/375954-need-help-dianosing-bsod-thinkpad-t60p.html
Relevancy 43%

I have a Thinkpad T60 2007-4AU with Windows 7 Ultimate running on a flash drive, I used WinToUSB to install it, anyways all is well until Windows Update installed updates for a 3rd time.
Here is a screenshot of updates before I installed, this same thing happened before and I had to reinstall so I was prepared this time to catch the updates that were the culprit:

After those updates installed it rebooted and BAM! BSOD

It will not boot into Safe Mode at all, gives same BSOD, cannot do System Restore from Install disk, gives an unexpected error 0x80070057

A:BSOD after Windows Update on Thinkpad T60

Hi IceMan28,

Welcome to the 7forums.

Do you have recovery media?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/384444-bsod-after-windows-update-thinkpad-t60.html
Relevancy 43%

Have been trying to upgrade my T410 running Win7 SP1 64bit  from 2x2GB to 2x4GB RAM (KVR13S9S8/4, Kingston ValueRAM 4GB SO-DIMM, 204Pin, DDR3-1333MHz, 4GB, DDR-1333 (PC3-10600), CL9, 204-Pin) but Windows doesn't start with this memory. The weird thing is that the PC boots and i can enter the BIOS and can see the 8GB installed, but Windows 7 hangs at the startup screen and never comes up. I first thought of defect in RAM and have requested replacement from vendor, but same issue with new RAM modules. Any idea why this is? Tx

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:2x4GB RAM on T410 doesn't work

Does it boot with one stick installed?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/2x4GB-RAM-on-T410-doesn-t-work/td-p/1365891
Relevancy 43%

Hi Guys,

I got Lenovo T410, I installed Windows 7 Ultimate, and it function well besides that I don't have comunication, no WiFi nor by cable. I assume driver is missing. Any suggestion?

Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/388823-communication-driver-lenovo-t410.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello nbsp since beginning of the year I have started to have connection problems to any wireless network All of a sudden the laptop no more connects to any wireless network home school phone hotspot and always shows an error Cannot connect to this network It worked before but aftero some unknown update the connection cannot be established anymore nbsp The issue was present on Win system but even after upgrading to Win it still doesnt work Latest system and Lenovo companion updates were installed I have also tested multiple WAN drivers current one is - Intel Centrino Advanced N I have tested live Fedora DVD and it connected to any wireless network just fine - the problem have to be somewhere in the Windows OS nbsp Troubleshooting via Windows tools didnt help at all also running system check via Lenovo Solution Center didnt return any result In Windows system setup is the adapter set to NOT safe power when on battery nbsp Any help will be much appreciated thank you nbsp

A:Cant connect to any wireless network - T410 Win 10

Here are some things to try Check for Unknown Devices in Device Manager Right click on start and select Device ManagerDouble left click on section titled "Unknown Devices" if listedReport back any Unknown Devices which are listed Turn off any firewalls you might have with your AV, or the Windows Firewall (just for testing) Right Click on Start, and select Control PanelOpen Windows Firewall control panelChoose option "Turn Windows Firewall On or Off"Test your Wifi Reset Windows Network settings Right Click on Start and select Command Prompt (Admin)In the Command Prompt (Admin) window, type the following commandsType:  netsh winsock reset  and press EnterType:  netsh int ip reset  and press EnterType:  ipconfig /release  and press EnterType:  ipconfig /renew  and press EnterType:  ipconfig /flushdns  and press EnterReboot and test your WiFi connection  Uninstall WiFi Adapter/driver and install fresh driver  Connect to internet using wired Ethernet LAN Uninstall the Wireless adapter from Device ManagerRight click on start and select Device ManagerDouble Left click on Network AdaptersLocate your WiFi Adapter and select Uninstall (make sure to select the option to "Delete driver software for this device"Once complete, right click on Network Adapters from within Device Manager and select "Scan for Hardware Changes"Windows should redetect your adapter and download the correct driver. Create Diagnostic reports Right Click on Start and select Command Prompt (Admin)In the Command Prompt (Admin) window, type the following commands ipconfig /all >c:\ipconfig.txt netsh wlan show all >c:\wlan.txt Two text files (ipconfig.txt and wlan.txt) will be created on the root of your harddrive or C:\.    Please locate and attach to a reply using the Choose File option. Good Luck

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T61-and-prior-T-series/Cant-connect-to-any-wireless-network-T410-Win-10/td-p/3300169
Relevancy 43%

A friend dropped off a T410 system. Windows is flakey and locks up after about 5 minutes. Ran the HD test program in the BIOS. It finished but gave me a bunch of 0000 Read verification errors though the controller tested fine. What I'd like to do is format the Windows partition and re-install. But I don't have Windows disks (there is a COA sticker for Windows 7 Home Premium 64). Can I build a set of recovery disks from this system? Even if Windows won't run? Any info would be a great help. Thanks.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Refurbished-T410-Windows-flakey/td-p/3379948
Relevancy 43%

Hi AllT410 gave fan error and stop workingI replaced with new one and now fan works perfectly. (I hear it works and blows)Now I have totally black screen problem, nothing on screen even no dots.The power button is green (for me yellow), fan works,BUT I see nothing on screen.Any idea?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Fan-Error-than-Black-Scrren/td-p/3416577
Relevancy 43%

Good afternoon all nbsp While I have researched the heck out of this issue I have not been able to come up with anything useful I have been having this ongoing problem with my Lenovo 10) Above T410 Battery - (Windows 74% Not Charging T laptop and the battery charging above Sometimes the charging light will turn amber sometimes it will stay green with a random quick flash here and there I'm trying T410 (Windows 10) - Battery Not Charging Above 74% to determine for a fact if the battery I have is not functioning or if it's something else T410 (Windows 10) - Battery Not Charging Above 74% causing it Below are the steps I've taken to troubleshoot nbsp Completely discharged battery and recharged with laptop off Reseated battery and attempted to remove dust from battery connection port Checked Windows registry for settings regarding charging actions at certain percentages This was initially upgraded to Win - Fully remove Lenovo Power Manager from machine Verify using HWInfo that it appears the battery health is good can provide image if requested Completely reformatted and fresh installed Windows There may be a step or two I have forgotten but if someone asks I'll let you know if I did it or not I would love to get this fixed as the laptop serves my purposes other than having a fully charged battery If there's a surefire way to know factually if it's the battery then I'll go ahead and replace it Thanks all

A:T410 (Windows 10) - Battery Not Charging Above 74%

Have you tried recalibrating the battery? Open Lenovo Power Manager -> switch to advanced -> Battery -> Battery Maintenance -> Perform Reset. It will take a lot of time to complete, don't remove AC power while this is running. Let it run while you are sleeping or something similar so that you won't have to interrupt the process.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Windows-10-Battery-Not-Charging-Above-74/td-p/3373420
Relevancy 43%

Hi AllT410 gave fan error and stop workingI replaced with new one and now fan works perfectly. (I hear it works and blows)Now I have totally black screen problem, nothing on screen even no dots.The power button is green (for me yellow), fan works,BUT I see nothing on screen.Any idea?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Fan-Error-than-Black-Screen/td-p/3416577
Relevancy 43%

I recently bought an ultrabay adapter off ebay that was compatible with the T T S nbsp The Lenovo part would be nbsp HDD T410 Ultrabay Question SOLVED! - ThinkPad Serial Hard Drive Bay Adapter III P N nbsp N nbsp I took out the original GB HDD and put an Intel X -V in the main HD bay nbsp T410 Ultrabay HDD Question - SOLVED! Then I put the original drive in the Ultrabay Adapter nbsp When I power up the machine the Ultrabay drive spins up for a second and the light on the adapter comes on and then the drive turns off nbsp The Ultrabay drive is not found by the BIOS I have - installed nbsp I called Lenovo tech support and was told that there is no Ultrabay adapter for the T and the website confirms this when I search for storage adapter accessories for it nbsp Is there some way to get a second HDD to work in the Ultrabay nbsp EDIT The solution Thanks to Dd nbsp To enable the DVD automatic power off feature open the Advanced view in Power Manager go to the Power Plan tab and expand the System Settings dropdown Now set nbsp Automatic Optical Drive Power Off nbsp to nbsp Enabled nbsp on AC and battery You'll be able to see and set this setting nbsp Automatic Optical Drive Power Off nbsp only if your DVD drive is inside of your ultrabay After being idle for or minutes your DVD drive will be powered off Then this new icon Other E Powered Off will appear in My Computer nbsp nbsp Make a shortcut of that icon on your desktop nbsp because after you remove your DVD drive this icon will disappear from My Computer Remove the DVD drive place your ultrabay hdd adapter double click that shorcut which you placed on the desktop and it will power on your ultrabay As I said in my previous post after you restart Winodws you'll have to double click that shortcut again to power on the ultrabay nbsp You can just go to Safely Remove Drive to power it down when you're not using it Solved Go to Solution

A:T410 Ultrabay HDD Question - SOLVED!

you got a knock off or the real one? 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Ultrabay-HDD-Question-SOLVED/td-p/236873
Relevancy 43%

I'm trying to figure out if the slow performance of my T410 (on certain apps - mainly Firefox and Quicken) could possibly be caused by an overheating problem that I know I have (because I sometimes get a "fan error" on startup, and because it is hotter to the touch that it seems it should be).  My speculation is that maybe the CPU has a temperature monitor, and when the temp gets too high it throttles down the CPU.  Is there any truth to that idea? ~ Thanks in advance~ Ken

A:Can overheating cause slow performance on a T410?

That is true.Your fan error means your fan is running slow, which would hurt cooling

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Can-overheating-cause-slow-performance-on-a-T410/td-p/3484435
Relevancy 43%

Hello, Model: 2522-DM1 I'm looking for new hard drive for upgrading my exisitng 320GB HDD but i have one question thatwhat will be the maximum hard drive capacity support in my system?? In lenovo site it has mention max 500GB HDD and 250GB SSD but when i go through forum and other online utility where it has mention that it can support upto 1TB HDD,SSHD and SSD. see below linkhttp://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for//thinkpad-t410-series someone please clarify this.. if 1TB is supported then i would intereset in seagate SSHD 1TB 32GB NAND (P/N:ST1000LX001) and also i have seen Toshiba SSHD which is also good but i need expert's suggstion on this.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Hard-disk-upgrade/td-p/3371277
Relevancy 43%

Woke up one morning to a dead PC. Wouldn't boot. Downloaded and burned Hiren. Which does boot. Does this mean its my HDD?
Can I use Hiren to try and repair HDD? Buy a new Hdd and install Win10 from thumb drive?
Thanks
Paul

Relevancy 43%

There are ultra bay adapters for the T410, as well as many other T-series laptops so you can install a 2nd hard drive in place of the CD or DVD drive.  I have the adapter and drive but for some reason the computer doesn't recognize the drive in the bay.  You can hear the drive attempt to power on and spin but after it boots there isn't any sign of the drive.  Are there some steps I'm missing, something I need to change?   I just updated to a 240GB SSD, so the 2nd drive is the OEM 250GB HDD it does still have the OS installed, which would be wiped if I could just get the drive to load so I could format it and use it as a storage drive.  I'm running Windows 10 64bit.  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Ultra-Bay-For-2nd-Hard-Drive/td-p/3334989