Windows Support Forum

Nvidia GeForce MX4000 video card won't start until Windows loads

Q: Nvidia GeForce MX4000 video card won't start until Windows loads

Hi, new I'm here and have worked on my computers for many years with success. i have a problem with a new Nvidia MX4000 video card with an Asus P5P800-MX/CHANNEL-UAYGZ motherboard. All works well except there's no video signal until the Windows XP boots up and loads the driver. This means I can't see the Bios setup or dual boot screen on startup. It works fine with the built in video on the motherboard but I'd like to use the dedicated video card. Has anyone had this problem and suggestions to work around it.
Thanks, Don Black.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Nvidia GeForce MX4000 video card won't start until Windows loads

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Nvidia GeForce MX4000 video card won't start until Windows loads

Don Black said:

Hi, new I'm here and have worked on my computers for many years with success. i have a problem with a new Nvidia MX4000 video card with an Asus P5P800-MX/CHANNEL-UAYGZ motherboard. All works well except there's no video signal until the Windows XP boots up and loads the driver. This means I can't see the Bios setup or dual boot screen on startup. It works fine with the built in video on the motherboard but I'd like to use the dedicated video card. Has anyone had this problem and suggestions to work around it.
Thanks, Don Black.Click to expand...

This usually happens with HDMI, are you using HDMI?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-mx4000-video-card-wont-start-until-windows-loads.174507/
Relevancy 103.2%

i have a nvidia geforce mx 4000 and after a clean xp rebuild and installing drivers from the web site, i get an error message in device manager saying "this device cannot start (code 10) someone mentioned something about it telling the registry its there or something but i dno whats going on? any ideas?

A:Solved: nvidia geforce mx4000 "device cannot start"

chucked it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-nvidia-geforce-mx4000-device-cannot-start.559135/
Relevancy 98.04%

hi im a newb i have a win with a p all that i really know about it I purchased a geforce mx and went mx4000 fried geforce nvidia motherboard? my to install it thought this would help with the error i was receiving while trying to play the sims Anyhow I went to power on and nothing no fan no lights completely dead So I took it out and put back my old card geforce Went to power on again nothing So my next move was trying to install the mx on my other machine win p i believe Same problem my first inital thought was the power supply tried swapping them that did not result in any progress I also called Nvidia and the only advise they gave me was to take out the button cell battery and put it back in after a minute worthless So I took both machines to my parents they are pretty tech savvy They are letting me use their nvidia geforce mx4000 fried my motherboard? xp machine while I get this whole mess figured out I returned toe mx for a refund too frustrated to even risk trying to put it in the xp machine and fry it as well So basically my question what happened and why Is it safe to try another mx in the xp machine Thanx for any help nbsp

Relevancy 92.45%

Just did clean WIndows bit install on a Dell Inspiron S with GB of RAM and Intel Core Duo E Machine originally came with Win Home bit Edition nbsp Its been randomly crashing with a BSOD Ran Memtest overnight last night and it did passes during that time BSOD's card 545s 10 install GeForce on on Dell Windows 210 of with Nvidia video clean with no errors Unable to pin down the cause but here are a handful of dump files that I hope will help Hoping someone can shed some light on could be causing it BSOD's on clean install of Windows 10 on Dell 545s with Nvidia GeForce 210 video card Dump File nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp - - dmp Crash Time nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PM Bug Check String nbsp IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Bug Check Code nbsp nbsp x a Parameter nbsp nbsp nbsp ffffe d Parameter nbsp nbsp nbsp Parameter nbsp nbsp nbsp Parameter nbsp nbsp nbsp fffff d ea Caused By Driver nbsp ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe File Description nbsp nbsp Product Name nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Company nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp File Version nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Processor nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp x Crash Address nbsp nbsp ntoskrnl exe Stack Address nbsp nbsp Stack Address nbsp nbsp Stack Address nbsp nbsp Computer Name nbsp nbsp nbsp Full Path nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count nbsp Major Version nbsp nbsp Minor Version nbsp nbsp Dump File Size nbsp nbsp Dump File Time nbsp nbsp PM Dump File - - dmpCrash Time PMBug Check String DRIVER CORRUPTED EXPOOLBug Check Code x c Parameter Parameter Parameter Parameter fffff c Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exeCaused By Address ntoskrnl exe File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmpProcessors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File Time PM Dump File nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp - - dmp Crash Time nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PM Bug Check String nbsp KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Bug Check Code nbsp nbsp x e Parameter nbsp nbsp nbsp ffffffff c Parameter nbsp nbsp nbsp fffff cb Parameter nbsp nbsp nbsp Parameter nbsp nbsp nbsp ffffffff ffffffff Caused By Driver nbsp ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe File Description nbsp nbsp Product Name nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Company nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp File Version nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Processor nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp x Crash Address nbsp nbsp ntoskrnl exe Stack Address nbsp nbsp Stack Address nbsp nbsp Stack Address nbsp nbsp Computer Name nbsp nbsp nbsp Full Path nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count nbsp Major Version nbsp nbsp Minor Version nbsp nbsp Dump File Size nbsp nbsp Dump File Time nbsp nbsp PM nbsp Dump File nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp - - dmp Crash Time nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp AM Bug Check String nbsp MEMORY MANAGEMENT Bug Check Code nbsp nbsp x a Parameter nbsp nbsp nbsp Parameter nbsp nbsp nbsp fffff Parameter nbsp nbsp nbsp Parameter nbsp nbsp nbsp c Caused By Driver nbsp ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe f File Description nbsp nbsp Product Name nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Company nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp File Version nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Processor nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp x Crash Address nbsp nbsp ntoskrnl exe f Stack Address nbsp nbsp Stack Address nbsp nbsp Stack Address nbsp nbsp Computer Name nbsp nbsp nbsp Full Path nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count nbsp Major Version nbsp nbsp Minor Version nbsp nbsp Dump File Size nbsp nbsp Dump File Time nbsp nbsp AM nbsp

A:BSOD's on clean install of Windows 10 on Dell 545s with Nvidia GeForce 210 video card

amn70.
Unfortunately, the Product is not tested for Windows 10 upgrade
Dell is not testing or developing Windows 10 drivers for this product. If you choose to upgrade, some features, applications, and connected devices may not work as expected.
For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-Jesse L and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your Dell Order number.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19678302
Relevancy 89.44%

Hello
I just had this card installed, and i am now having problems with video's down loaded from the web. The video picture colors are all off, sound is fine. I Am using Windows XP pro. It/videos work intermitantly?? Mostly dont,,, PC Games and still pics are just GREAT. Any ideas on how to fix. I have fiddled with different things but nothing changes the video color quality.

A:New, Nvidia Geforce FX 5500 256Mb Video Card and have problem with down loaded video

Ah, my friend.it sounds not to be a video card problem, but more of a codec issue. make sure your codecs are up to date and if that doesn't work, post your system specs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-nvidia-geforce-fx-5500-256mb-video-card-and-have-problem-with-down-loaded-video.40874/
Relevancy 88.58%

I accidentally changed something and I don't know what! I can't get the color to be 256 bit, only 16. I tried downloading the latest driver but it didn't work. When I try to change it to 256 color it says to check the display in the device manager, and that says that everything is working. Can you give me any help??? Thanks

A:nvidia geforce 256 video card

Your going to need to get the drivers reinstalled. If you still have the installation cd run it and load the drivers from there. If not download the latest from http://www.nvidia.com.
Last ditch, go to device manager, remove the card, reboot and reinstall.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-geforce-256-video-card.50768/
Relevancy 87.72%

OK I just got my NVIDIA Geforce GT Steps Uninstalled ATI Raedon x XPRESS Series came with the computer Turned off the computer and inserted the Nvidia Geforce card in it s a XFX btw like the manual said Started it back up and installed the drivers Went to Setup when startin the PC and changed Video Mode to PCI-E and disabled all BIOs except the sound I go to start a game to test it out and I still get the same FPS I wouldn t expect to get the same FPS as I did with the integrated graphics so I m stuck and confused to why it s exactly the same FPS I have checked my display adapters and I only see quot NVIDIA Geforce GT quot and it seems to recognize it s installed correctly Comp Specs AMD Athlon Windows XP MB I m probably going to build a new computer from scratch with this card LATER on but right now I want to use this with this computer nbsp

A:Video Card Help - NVIDIA Geforce 7900 GT

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot!

What size CPU & PSU?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-help-nvidia-geforce-7900-gt.49835/
Relevancy 87.72%

Hello All please help not computer literate- just basic hope Nvidia GT635 GeForce card video I have posted in the right place if I have not then any guidance to the correct area will be most appreciated Can someone please advise from the Nvidia GeForce GT video card - can Nvidia GeForce GT635 video card I use an hdmi cable and connect to a Samsung lcd TV Samsung quot p Hz LED HD TV Nvidia GeForce GT635 video card UN F I intend to buy this TV currently didn t as I m not aware if it will work once I have the correct advice only then can I proceed to buy im using windows my system specs are as follows Orchid Motherboard orchid s Manufacturer MSI Form factor uATX - cm in x cm in Chipset AMD A FCH Memory sockets x DDR Processor socket FM Expansion Slots One PCI Express x Gen Three PCI Express x Gen One PCI Express mini card Processor AMD A TDP W Operating speed Up to GHz up to GHz turbo Number of cores Socket FM Memory GB Amount GB Speed PC - MB s Type DDR - Video graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GT Figure Video card kindly see attachment Images of video card and Ports also see Image of video card bracket showing ports - HDMI - DVI Form Factor Low profile PCB with ATX bracket Dimensions cm x cm in x in Maximum resolution DVI dual-link resolution x x bpp at Hz HDMI resolution x Analog VGA resolution with adapter x x bpp at Hz NOTE Not all ports support the highest resolutions GB onboard memory Memory interface -bit DDR Total power consumption W max Supports Blu-ray Supports HDCP Supports up to two displays at the same time nbsp

A:Nvidia GeForce GT635 video card

It says "HDMI resolution: 1920 x 1080". Which is a common port you would connect to a TV.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-gt635-video-card.207398/
Relevancy 87.72%

Purchased the above video card some time ago and it worked fine for a year or so. I've had to reformat my hard drive due to a virus but have lost the drivers to reinstall this video card. I need help for a game to play properly with 3-D graphics. Going to Nvidia site helps little as they ask for the ident. #s with the now disposed of original box.

Relevancy 87.72%

Hey I've been trying to install my new video card the computer is recognizing it as new hardware but when I plug the monitor cord into my computer the screen turns off, I also have an onboard card on my motherboard and that one works though. I have tried running the setup for the card but the screen still turns black when I go to the NX6600.

Relevancy 86.86%

Hello all I recently tried to play the game Champions Online for the PC and found out that my video card was preventing me from doing so My Current video card is Nvidia 6150SE video my GeForce Upgrading Nvidia card from GeForce SE nForce I don t want to play Hard core games for my PC just this one mainly The Reqs for the game are Minimum OS Windows XP SP Windows Vista Windows CPU GHz Single Core or GHz Dual Core Memory GB RAM Video NVIDIA GeForce ATI Radeon X or HD Intel GMA Sound DirectX c Compatible Soundcard DirectX Version c or Higher HDD GB Free Disk Space Network Broadband Required Disc X DVD-ROM My Computer Upgrading my video card from Nvidia GeForce 6150SE is a Compaq cq F PC and was wondering what kind of video card would be compatible for it I don t plan on becoming a hard core gamer I just want to play this game I also play a game known as Anarchy online and with a bigger video card i ll have to replace my Power supply it s W right now I have a fairly limited knowledge on the inside Upgrading my video card from Nvidia GeForce 6150SE of computers but any other information you need i ll try my best to give to you Thanks in advance for your help I have also attached a DxDiag to help further nbsp

A:Upgrading my video card from Nvidia GeForce 6150SE

if you were to follow the game's minimum requirements i would recommend at least a 400w PSU, but it depends on the power supply itself as they are all different. if the card needs auxiliary power then it will most likely tax the PSU too much if you have a lot of other components, but you could always try. the radeon X700 isn't a very demanding card so i wouldn't be surprised if it worked fine with the unit you have. on the other hand, 400-500w power supplies are cheap nowadays and it can only benefit your system if you choose to invest in one, but it's your call. just because you don't need high end stuff doesn't mean a beefier PSU is a bad idea

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-my-video-card-from-nvidia-geforce-6150se.155684/
Relevancy 86.86%
Relevancy 86.86%

I have to replace the GEFORCE 8600 GT with an equivalent one as the former is not for sale any longer.  The actual video card includes: 1xS-Video + 1xHDMI + 1x DVI-I (dual-link) ports.Could you please advise some equivalent types?The desktop is equipped with Core 2 Quad Q6600 processor @2.4GHz and 4Gb RAM. Thanks!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/nvidia-geforce-8600-gt-video-card-replacement/td-p/5832294
Relevancy 86.86%

i put a new 128mb Nvidia GeForce FX5500 video card in to upgrade from a 32mb tnt2/PRO and it couldnt take the drivers i had the cd and i got the driver straight off of nvidia website and the drivers still wont go in it stays at a low 4bit picture and the resolution stays at a 640x480, so i put the old card back in and it wont even boot the picture for the bios.
(if some one can help then help)
~Rick~

A:Nvidia GeForce FX5500 video card Trouble

hmmm did the 32 mb card work properly?
did you uninstall the 32 mb card drivers?
try having your minitor cable linked straight onto the motherboard monitor connector if you have one and i think the reason the picture would not boot from bios is becouse some drivers are still installed.
did you uninstall the fx 5500 drivers before putting the 32 mb card back in.

check if the graphics card uses too utch power and check if the monitor is connected onto the graphics card properly.

the problem you are facing could be due to motherboard related problems or you may have a faulty graphics card or you simply might be installing the graphics card wrong (read the instruction booklet carefully)

i had problems with my ge force fx 5200 pci simuler to your problem but it was due to me not disableing the onboard 4mb drivers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-geforce-fx5500-video-card-trouble.312487/
Relevancy 86.86%

Alright, I recently decided my old computer needed an upgrade from my onboard UniChrome Pro video chip. I got the 5500 from a friend who was replacing it, since it would suit my needs. I brought it home and tried to install it, deactivating my onboard, getting the card in place, and starting my computer back up. My screen was a bit messed up at start up, I expected it to be until I got the drivers installed. However, when Windows starts up my screen loses it's connection and goes black. Any ideas for help?

A:Trouble With Nvidia GeForce 5500 Video Card

Please post the make and model of the computer
What power supply is installed (make and model)

Try to install the driver in Safe Mode

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/trouble-with-nvidia-geforce-5500-video-card-525383.html
Relevancy 86.86%

I am unable to use the NetFlix Watch Instantly Application on my XPS m1210 because my current Nvidia Geforce Go 7400 Driver is not compatible and needs to be updated. I updated to the latest Geforce Go 7400 driver available on the Dell Support site and I am still getting the same message. Has anyone else had this problem and were they able to find the correct driver update?

A:XPS m1210 video card: Nvidia Geforce Go 7400

Try this driver, http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php?t17737.html.I am using this driver and it's been stable and better than the performance driver from dell.You can also download this driver from the dell download driver page,it is listed under the XPS M1710,that is where i downloaded it from.Forgot to add,this driver is for the geforce 7,8,9 series cards.Message Edited by dgkpcon on 10-10-2008 04:33 PM

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19215442
Relevancy 86%

Hello i know that i am not the first person with this problem But i cant find solution I have HP Pavilion m cs HP Pavilion Elite m cs Desktop PC Product Specifications HP Pavilion Elite m cs Desktop PC HP Support My hard drive was broken so i installed new one and after that i have installed Win ultimate bit Now i cant see in device manager my graphic card only onboard standard VGA I tried to install drivers form nvidia but its impossible because driver cant find the hardware and installation is cancelled I aslo tried to install drivers from HP and it send this error message Your system does not meet the minimum requirements for this update Update has been cancelled Error The installer has a list of supported hardware that this update is suitable for - and your hardware including your HP model is not on the list Bios settings PCI I tried to turn off PC unplug power cord reseat card but without change Can you hel pme something else Thanks

A:Cant see NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT video card in device manager.

Can you disable onboard standard VGA in BIOS?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/313846-cant-see-nvidia-geforce-9800-gt-video-card-device-manager.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hey everyone this is my first post just hoping somebody could help me I ve just purchased a Nvidia Geforce GS video card for my Foxconn P M MB Series motherboard I ve inserted the graphics card into the graphics card on: 08:03:37 Card at Video 7300 Geforce Troubles Nvidia No Today Signal AM slot and closed the case I m not sure whether I had to plug anything from or onto the graphics card since it didn t come with any cables or wires or anything I then inserted the VGA monitor cable into the graphics card monitor cable slot and turned the tower monitor on The tower worked but there was no beep and the monitor said no signal and the light on the monitor turned to orange instead of the usual blue The new graphics card I am using is the first graphics card to be placed Nvidia Geforce 7300 Video Card No Signal Troubles on: Today at 08:03:37 AM into the graphics card slot on my motherboard as I think the current graphics card is integrated on my motherboard or something Also I read about the PSU fan have too low a wattage I m not sure how to find out the wattage of my PSU fan So all help explaining how to install the graphics card get rid of the no signal message on my monitor would help tremendously Thank you in advance By the way I m using Windows Vista nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-geforce-7300-video-card-no-signal-troubles-%C2%AB-on-today-at-08-03-37-am-%C2%BB.834176/
Relevancy 85.14%

The same problem as what I posted in this thread.

Basically, KotOR is not working on my new, better, computer. I believe it's a driver problem, but don't know how to find out. My video card is a NVIDIA GeForce 6600 256MB, but the game recommends GeForce4 Ti or better (128 MB VRAM). So that's my other assumption as to why it doesn't work.

I can play a few minutes into the game, but then it makes a loud noise and my computer restarts. I thought it was a program called Smart Doctor that came on a CD with my video card, because I uninstalled it and the game let me get a little further into it, but when I went back to playing today, it restarted on me within 1 minute. My file only has 7 minutes in it, and I'm very disappointed.

Can someone help?

A:Solved: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 256MB video card with KotOR

The 6600GT is a much better and newer card then the the GeForce4 line of cards.

Your problem sounds like a heat or power issue.

What are your CPU, mainboard, and video temps?

What is the brand and the wattage of the power supply? Did you remember to plug in the auxilary power connector into the video card?

If your motherboard didn't come with an temp and voltage monitoring software you can try using Speedfan: http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

it would also help if you posted the complete specs of the computer including the operating system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-nvidia-geforce-6600-256mb-video-card-with-kotor.355990/
Relevancy 80.41%

which video card is better? GeForce4 MX4000 128MB AGP or ATI RADEON 9200SE 8X AGP 128MB

A:which video card is better? GeForce4 MX4000 128MB AGP or ATI RADEON 9200SE 8X AGP 128

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-video-card-is-better-geforce4-mx4000-128mb-agp-or-ati-radeon-9200se-8x-agp-128.286491/
Relevancy 78.26%

I have a Dell XPS M notebook with a nVidia GeForce Go GTX 7950 Go card with crashing 7 GeForce Windows nVidia GTX graphics card Upon installing Windows -bit my graphics card no longer shows up in Device Manager it simply shows quot Standard VGA Graphics Adapter quot I attempted several times Windows 7 crashing with nVidia GeForce Go 7950 GTX card to download the latest drivers for my graphics card through Device Manager and the regular Windows Update but after each attempt blue Windows 7 crashing with nVidia GeForce Go 7950 GTX card screen would flash upon restarting it would then restart again and a message would display saying Windows could not be started normally I would then have to re-install Windows and start from scratch I also ran the Windows Upgrade Advisor and it returned quot Your current graphics adapter won't support the Windows Aero user interface quot Does anyone know if there is a valid driver for this video card that is compatible with Windows If not might there be a way to disable the Windows Aero feature and just have a standard Windows user interface or is Aero the new standard user interface on Windows

A:Windows 7 crashing with nVidia GeForce Go 7950 GTX card

Try the link below then click on the one that says "Graphics drivers", let it install the software that checks for which card you are running then it will show you the best driver for your 7950GTX.

This should get you up an running with the right resolution with aero, you may need to go into the Nvidia control panel to adjust the resolution but you can do it in Windows by just right clicking on the desktop and choose adjust resolution.

You should also rerun the Windows Experience Index after the driver install and reboot which should get aero going for you again.

Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/54853-windows-7-crashing-nvidia-geforce-go-7950-gtx-card.html
Relevancy 77.4%

O Here's my nbsp dillema nbsp nbsp My HP NVIDIA card HP p n - rev M in my HP Model f Windows Ultimate machine failed nbsp nbsp I replaced it with an ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GT card p n - asus p n C H that came from a spare HP Replaced HP 8500... NVIDIA failed NVIDIA ASUS card GeForce with Pavillion Model a y Vista machine I had on hand nbsp The initial VID Graphics card failure and susequent replacement caused much havock with Windows and some other stuff ie not booting loading Windows etc and after Replaced failed HP NVIDIA card with ASUS NVIDIA GeForce 8500... much effort I was able to get everything loading amp working reasonable well again nbsp nbsp But the problem I'm still nbsp having is with the old drivers removing them and all their remnants and loading the new drivers for the ASUS NVIDIA card that is now in my machine nbsp I've tried normal uninstalls nbsp as well as nbsp the GURU D com DDU Replaced failed HP NVIDIA card with ASUS NVIDIA GeForce 8500... uninstall nbsp I think and it appeares that all the old NVIDIA drvers and other software has been uninstalled Replaced failed HP NVIDIA card with ASUS NVIDIA GeForce 8500... nbsp because I can not find any of it in the normal locations nbsp nbsp But I am still unable to install the NVIDIA GT drivers for the ASUS card from the NVIDIA site or even the NVIDIA drivers software updates that Windows Update has detected and suggested in Windows updates nbsp The insalls start out fine but soon fail to complete nbsp Evidently I and my brother who was in my machine remotely for a good hours because he is an IT Computer tech and is ten times more knowledgable than I on this are missing something very obscure or embarassingly simple in nbsp our efforts to solve this nbsp nbsp Someone please tell us where we are going wrong nbsp nbsp Thanks

A:Replaced failed HP NVIDIA card with ASUS NVIDIA GeForce 8500...

Mermiatwd, welcome to the forum. I suggest that you try Revo Uninstaller free version to see if it solves you problem.  I use the Advanced option.  It removes the program from the HDD and the remnants from the BIOS.  I have used it for years with great success with removing those difficult to remove programs. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Replaced-failed-HP-NVIDIA-card-with-ASUS-NVIDIA-GeForce/td-p/5554604
Relevancy 75.68%

Thats right, 4000 not 400. I need a cheap card for my second computer. This one looks like a good deal but I cant find any reviews of it or mention of it on nVidias site.

A:Anyone know about Geforce MX4000??

You've been here for a while so I thought this wouldn't be necessary but here goes...

Search feature is your friend.

MX 4000

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/anyone-know-about-geforce-mx4000.11549/
Relevancy 75.68%

I just bought a GeForce mx4000 so that I can transfer my videos from my camcorder to the computer using the S-video port. Well, when I have the card in, it only uses 16 colors and there is an exclamation point over it in the device manager. They said I should install the drivers again, but when I used the "found new Hardware" to install the driver from the cd i got with the card, when it rebooted my system, it wouldn't start up again, and just kept re booting over and voer again. Please help me cause I've been through so many video capture cards and was really hoping this one would work!! Thanks!

A:geforce mx4000 HELP ME!!

Try the newer WDM drivers at:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/wdm_geforce2-fx_2.26.html

These are just for the capture/video-input on GeForce videocards.

If you are still having issues with the older WDM files causing problems with your system, you should also consider getting Driver Cleaner Pro:
www.drivercleaner.net

I'd recommend downloading both the NVidia Forceware drivers (video) and the above NVidia WDM/Capture drivers.. leaving them on your desktop uninstalled, boot into Safe Mode and run Driver Cleaner Pro with ALL the NVIDIA options selected.. then reboot into normal mode with NO NETWORK CONNECTED (so Windows wont go fetch Windows Update files) and install: a) Forceware (don't reboot when finished) then b) WDM... THEN reboot.

See if this order works for you. If you're still having issues, we'll have to probe a bit deeper. More system info would likely help otherwise (like motherboard, chipset, os version + which service packs, etc.etc.)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-mx4000-help-me.35414/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi, I just buy a predator mx4000 plus pci i disable the onboard vga that was a nvidia tnt2 aladdin and it work fine until i install the driver and rebot the system ,it get stock right after the windows logo the monitor goes black and the pc freeze i really have no idea what the matter any help will be apreciate

gracias mi gente
i hope you guys understand my english

A:I need help with my geforce MX4000

Did you uninstall the nVidia drivers before installing the new card? If not that will cause problems. Did you disable the onboard video in the BIOS? Also there might be an option in the BIOS to use AGP or PCI video.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-help-with-my-geforce-mx4000.18397/
Relevancy 75.68%

i have a Geforce mx4000 pci vith a vga port and video out, can i hook a monitor and a tv, so i can surf the web, and watch a movie or play a game at the same time (provided my pc is fast enough)?

thanks
PERRY!!!!

A:Geforce mx4000 pci

I doubt if you'll be able to play a game, as most systems minimise the game screen when you click outside it, UNLESS you run it in windowed mode, which some games can't do. Other than that...yes, you can.

Scorp.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/geforce-mx4000-pci.410209/
Relevancy 74.82%

I got this card xfx geforce mx4000 64 mb to replace my onboard video. I'm running win XP sp2 amd 2000+ 512 mb. I went to the nvidia site and downloaded the latest driver and when I try to install it, it get this : see picture below
Someone please help me install my card. By the way, I didn't buy this card, my friend gave it to me cause he got a new card and it works fine for him. So he didn't have the installation CD.

A:help setting up xfx geforce mx4000 64 mb

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-2k_archive.html

Go to the link and try the 66.93 driver. Your picture isn't there but I have a feeling it is telling you no compatable card was found.

Also make sure your motherboard chipset drivers are installed. Reinstalling them would not hurt a thing. Graphics drivers depend on the chipset drivers to install.

You aren't the first person I have seen having trouble installing 71.84 drivers on an older card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-setting-up-xfx-geforce-mx4000-64-mb.351118/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hey everyone, I have a computer using windows XP and a NVIDIA Geforce4 Mx4000. I just got a 32in HDTV(720p) and I want to use it as a computer monitor using the vga input on it. The highest resolution I can choose on the computer is 1360 by 768. How can I get a higher resolution so I can fit more items and information on the screen. Thanks in advance.

A:Geforce MX4000 and HDTV

Is this just the HDTV screen you're trying to get to a higher resolution? If so, that's the native resolution and as high as it will go. I found 720P to be unsatisfactory for computer monitor use (at least serious use) but have been happy with 1080P up to 47" (the largest I have).
There is a possible exception where you put the display into "pan" mode if the NVIDIA control panel happens to support it, but that will probably be disappointing as well because while the display resolution can be higher, the part that is displayed on the screen will remain constant at 1360x768.
You probably don't want to hear it but a 1080P 32" would look terrific as a computer display.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/geforce-mx4000-and-hdtv.1004448/
Relevancy 74.82%

i was wondering if a 185 watt power supply can power any Geforce MX4000 128MB 128-bit DDR PCI video cards. also if it can power any Radeon 9250 128MB DDR PCI Video Cards. thanks for all your help.

A:Geforce MX4000 128MB 128-bit DDR PCI

Dont know

But really dont buy an mx card/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-mx4000-128mb-128-bit-ddr-pci.30621/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi I just got a new video card and am having trouble installing it on Windows My system is a P MX4000 GeForce 128mb with ram I have a dual boot of Win XP and Here is what I have done GeForce MX4000 128mb I went into safe mode xp and removed the existing card Then reboot into safe GeForce MX4000 128mb mode and removed the exisiting card I then rebooted into xp and installed the card autorun from cd The card install great works great no problems But I went to do the same thing in the first thing that comes up is detected new hardware - standard pci graphics - vga Prolem is the card is agp x I tried the autorun from cd and it failed I tried updating the driver that failed I also tried removing the standard pci and add new hardware all would let me select the drvier from the cd but would fail on installing it so I don t know what to do Any ideas Thanks Justin nbsp

A:GeForce MX4000 128mb

ok you need to install the "standard pci graphics" then put in cd-rom and install the right driver over the top of the "standard pci graphics" driver do no uninstall the standard pci graphics driver. thats what i did when i had this probberlem when i got my new radeon 9800xt.
hope that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/geforce-mx4000-128mb.324862/
Relevancy 73.96%

Okay. Here's the deal. I'm thinking of buying a widescreen LCD monitor. The native resolution for all the ones I'm looking at are no more than 1440x900. Here's my problem/question....

I have a Mad Dog Geforce 4 MX4000 vid card (128MB Mem, PCI... I got a bad AGP slot) that has the following supported resolutions:

640 x 480
800 x 600
1024 x 768
1280 x 1024
1600 x 1200
1920 x 1440
2048 x 1536

...As you can see, none of them are widescreen (16:10 ratio) resolutions. However, the largest resolution is larger than the native res for the widescreen monitors I'm looking at. So, my question is will this vid card support the widscreen resolution anyway, or do I need to start looking for another video card to go along with the monitor?

Thanks in advance for helpin out. Oh, and just in case it's pertinent, my OS is WinXP. The rest o' my info is in my profile.

-- Stan

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-4-mx4000-widescreen-support.46760/
Relevancy 73.96%

When I install a GeForce MX 4000 on any hardware setup (with Win XP), I get an additional IEEE1394 device appear, which I am unable to get rid of. Have tried various driver to no aval.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Relevancy 73.1%

I have the following setup:
board: M920 soc 423 board using VIA8573 North bridge and VIA 8233 Southbirdge.
Display card: GeForce mx4000 128 ddr

this combintaion produces no monitor signal.Is there any where i can get:
1) a update for my bios.
2) ManualGAP current driving value settings.
3) a list of cards compatible with my board.

Any help would be greatly accepted.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/m920-board-geforce-mx4000-clash.295309/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hey everyone someone is trying to sell this video card (nvidia MX4000 PCI 128mb) Should i get it???

A:nvidia MX4000 PCI buying help

No, I don't think so, your current card is better. That said though, it's your money...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-mx4000-pci-buying-help.46643/
Relevancy 72.67%

With monitors connected to a 'dual-head' Radeon graphics Win10 only Nvidia do carsds monitor 2nd start loads? a Why after card BOTH monitors turn on when the computer boots and I'll even get x motherboard BIOS setup menus mirrored on both monitors When Windows loads they then display the extended desktop as per my Win setup With monitors connected to a 'dual-head' Nvidea graphics card ONLY ONE monitor turns on when the computer boots and I get a Why do Nvidia carsds only start a 2nd monitor after Win10 loads? motherboard BIOS setup menu on only that one monitor The other monitor remains off Why do Nvidia carsds only start a 2nd monitor after Win10 loads? until Windows loads and will then display the extended desktop as per my Win setup I'm assuming this is normal behaviour for their respective architectures But is there some setting on Nvidia cards that will enable both monitors in a mirroring mode at startup like Radeon cards do Sorry if this isn't a Windows graphics question But I am running windows - Just thought there might be a knowledgeable person here with the right answer to this question that's nagged me for quite a while

A:Why do Nvidia carsds only start a 2nd monitor after Win10 loads?

I have on board AMD, but I use an Nvidia card. When I take my Nvidia card out, I experience the same behavior, two monitors showing identical displays. I always found that rather annoying. Personally, I do not need more than one monitor until I sign in to Windows, then I see all three of mine.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/55765-why-do-nvidia-carsds-only-start-2nd-monitor-after-win10-loads.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I bought the GeForce MX4000 video card to play this game - URU: Ages Beyond Mist. I have seen a couple of little gliches in the graphics, but didn't pay much attention to them. I am now at a point in the game (the moon room) where I can't go any further because I can't see the path to take on the floor. Everybody tells me it's a driver problem, but I have downloaded a couple of Nvidia drivers and they don't seem to help any. I also heard a solution about the bios might not be set up correctly, but I'm a football coach...not a computer programmer. I don't have a clue what a bios is. All I know is that I'm stuck in this puzzle and I need to get out! Can anybody help me...please?!?!?

A:GeForce MX4000 problems trying to play URU-Ages Beyond Myst

Try downloading and installing the 1.2 game patch before going further.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-mx4000-problems-trying-to-play-uru-ages-beyond-myst.28867/
Relevancy 71.81%

hi! i need help fast!...i just screwed my brothers computer,..i installed a game there but it won't run, so what i did is i downloaded a new driver in nvidia's site hoping it may run my game, after installing and rebooting the monitor's screen just go black with my monitor's lights turning on and off...if i remembered correctly my brother just instaled the hardware without any issue he didnt even use the driver that was in the box but he was able to use it without any problem, i dont know if xp already had the driver...help!..what to do...!!!

Relevancy 71.38%

Hi first post here and I was wondering if someone can help me out with this problem I have The computer I use is a Dell Dimension running Windows with just regular PCI slots Last week I old SLOW Geforce HD Radeon 4350 running is MX4000 to compared bought an ATI Radeon HD 4350 is running SLOW compared to old Geforce MX4000 Radeon HD to replace my old NVidia Geforce MX graphics card and I noticed a huge drop in performance with basic tasks such as surfing the Radeon HD 4350 is running SLOW compared to old Geforce MX4000 web and watching videos on youtube The Geforce is an OLD card that only does DirectX but while using it I never felt like it had any problems watching videos or playing older games But on the Radeon it struggled to play Plants Vs Zombies I thought to myself quot No wonder people think these PCI cards suck MY geforce mx is way faster than this quot After updating the drivers catalyst controls and tweaking the settings of the card and on VLC media player I was able to get the card to play P videos smoothly Even stranger I loaded up Doom and Silent Hill and I was able to play these games flawlessly at high settings Silent Hill had screen tearing though With youtube videos I found that ATI cards have problems with adobe flash and they need to have hardware acceleration disabled Which is weird because supposedly AMD states that watching youtube on an ATI card is an amazing experience and that these cards supposedly utilize hardware acceleration If I do have hardware acceleration enabled the screen shows up green and it hangs my browser I m just curious why games run very smoothly and look great but the card struggles to use basic web functionality and play videos I also feel uncomfortable turning off all the bells and whistles such as hardware acceleration and dropping the quality down on VLC media player so that it can play HD videos smoothly On my old Geforce MX I never had to do any of these tweaks and it was able to play p videos just fine When I had bought this card I wasn t too sure about the DDR DDR type memory for it People said that it did not matter and would work as long as it fit into the PCI slot So I ultimately went with the DDR type memory But now I think my computer was made sometime before DDR or any of these other memory types were released My computer also only accepts DDR RAM So I m wondering if my computer is bottlenecking any of speed on this card I also notice in the AMD overdrive section in catalyst as well as GPU-Z that the speed of the card drops it ll say operating at MHz then it ll drop to MHz What do people think I should do Should I return this card to Newegg and go with the highest spec d card I can find with DDR type memory Was thinking of a Geforce People online have said that they have experienced a drop in performance like I have when going with another memory type other than DDR while others say that it does not matter Also should this card be running at degrees celsius nbsp

Relevancy 71.38%

i own 2 pc's with abit kt7a raid - latest bios
i bought a MX4000 for 1 of those
the 1st time i tried i received the long/short/short bios beep codes, i reinserted the card again and it worked fine.

the next day ..... my pc gave me nothing else but the same beep codes.

i tried the card on my other kt7a pc, same problem...

the card works fine (!) on 2 of my older pentium3 systems (1 packard bell and 1 abit pc with BE-6 mobo).

I was thinking of a mobo problem but the card worked fine for 1 day on 1 pc...? clearing cmos doesnt help....

ps: i m not sure but a bought recently for the other kt7a a ati 9800, is being returned since it seemed to be DOA (only checked this on my two kt7a systems)

one system has a 300W psu so i rule that out too.

A:Geforce MX4000 and abit KT7A raid - boot failure

NEVER flash your BIOS unless you absolutely have to for your hardware to work. THe only reason bios updates are posted is because of newer hardware on the market, so never do that unless necessary. You most likely toasted the bios when you flashed it (because no mainboard has the latest bios when it is shipped) the bios is a touchy chip, dont screw with it. your bios is prolly doa, get a new chip or a new board.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-mx4000-and-abit-kt7a-raid-boot-failure.12059/
Relevancy 70.95%

I know That hp compaq D530 is an old pc but thats why im trying to upgrade it i had this GeForce FX 5200 (3D) video card in another pc which had Linux on it so i took the video card and inserted it on my hp compaq as soon as my pc starts up the information of the GeForce video card comes up my computer continues to start up windows 7 loads but i noticed that my new video card didn't get detected and installed automaticly i've done lots of things but windows wont see my new video Card help plz?

A:HP Compaq D530 Windows 7 won't see new video card: GeForce FX 5200

Try cleaning the Video card contacts with a gum eraser and reseat. Change your BIOS to use your Video card and not the on-board.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-compaq-d530-windows-7-wont-see-new-video-card-geforce-fx-5200.169673/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello all I ve seen a lot of posts about this GeForce on 512 NVIDIA GT, Mb 9500 out S-Video online whilst I ve been Googling over the past couple days but most of S-Video out on NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT, 512 Mb the time the threads end without a solution or they re about nix operating systems I got a new desktop and decided I d use the old machine as a media server where I could keep my iTunes S-Video out on NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT, 512 Mb library stream Netflix movies etc The machine runs Windows Vista Ultimate and has a GeForce GT with DVI output slots and one S-Video output slot My TV is an older CRT TV with S-video in and RCA yellow red and white inputs I already have a cable that converts the headphone jack to RCA red and white so audio works fine Video is a different story If I turn off the computer while the S-Video is attached and then turn it back on the BIOS displays on the TV so I know the card and the S-Video jack are functional But once Windows starts up there s no display on the TV like it s not getting a signal I downloaded the latest driver from NVIDIA but I m having no luck not even in the NVIDIA control panel It s like I can t convince the video card that something is plugged into the SVideo port and that it should start pushing video through there No resolution change I have tried has made any difference - I ve gone all the way down to X and still nothing While getting the S-Video to work properly would be the most preferred option I m open to any suggestion that could work - ie is there such a thing as a DVI to Svideo converter so I could use one of the DVI ports that I know is working Can I convert S-Video or DVI to composite video I really don t want to buy a new video card if I can avoid it because the goal here was to recycle old equipment not spend money on anything new Any help would be appreciated greatly You know it s nice to post on a tech support forum and not have it be because I have a virus that is eating my C drive or because my power supply is smoking nbsp

A:S-Video out on NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT, 512 Mb

Trying running a Windows Update, it's a long shot. Seems like it stops working you get onto your operating system, an issue with vista perhaps?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/s-video-out-on-nvidia-geforce-9500-gt-512-mb.1070858/
Relevancy 70.52%

hey guys,

I have a nvidia 670 (running Windows 8 64bit) and every time I reboot it starts the computer up with "Microsoft Basic Display Drive". My graphics cards are up to date and it is plugged in correctly, I believe it may be something to do with a windows update which automatically took place, I could be wrong though, that's just my guess. my 670 is on it's highest version, and even if I try to update again, it says it 'not compatible' because it can't find my graphics card, but I know it's there, because if i go 'Show hidden devices' in device manager it is there. I have tried a fair few things, nothing has worked, any suggestions? Thanks

A:Windows 8 won't start up with Nvidia card

Have you set it as "First display device" or disabled on-board graphics in BIOS? Also from your dxdiag it looks like you have the monitor plugged into the on-board graphics.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/14641-windows-8-wont-start-up-nvidia-card.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I wasn't really sure if I should post this in Windows 7, Internal Hardware or Audio/Video, but I'll try here first. I just installed a Nvidia 8800 GT video card in my Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit pc. When using the latest drivers, I see the Windows splash screen for a bit, then it go black, but the pc continues to load as usual (confirmed by using remote desktop to get into it). If I use any of the older drivers, the pc just hangs at the Windows splash screen. I've searched all over Google for this and found lots of similar problems, but no solutions that have worked for me yet. If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate it.

A:Windows 7 Pro 64-bit and Nvidia 8800 GT video card

Nevermind, fixed it with a BIOS update.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/457144/windows-7-pro-64-bit-and-nvidia-8800-gt-video-card/
Relevancy 70.52%

I upgraded my XP system ( IBM 8291-E2U) to Windows 7 yesterday, knowing the video adapter on my motherboard was not fully Windows 7 compliant. My HP w2207 monitor's optimal resolution is 1068 x 1050 @ 60 ghz.

The video card I am considering is an : NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS 512MB DDR2 PCI Express Graphics Card
My concern is that this may not work with my mother board which is :
*Chipset*Intel i915G/GV/GL/P/PL/i910GL

Can someone comment as to the viability of this card and give me a process to follow from install to operation -- i.e. how to disable VGA and when ?

A:Need Help Choosing an NVidia Video Card for Windows 7

shut your system down plug it into your PCI slot connect DVI output to monitor boot to BIOS disable onboard video then save and Boot to windows install drivers and your good to go ?

I have the 9800GTX+ and It roks in all games so far

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/38271-need-help-choosing-nvidia-video-card-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I recently made a new build with the follow:

Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz quad core
Western Digital Caviar Green 500GB
CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB)
MSI P67A-G45 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67
Win 7 Home Premium OEM sp1

Ok so you know what i got, and the MSI Nvidia GeForce GTS 450 graphics card drivers will not work with my system. I think that it is Win 7 cause if i install it in my old desktop it works like a dream and it is running Win XP SP3, and there is no problems at all and I just completed a duel boot with a second hard drive on above system and running xp on it as well and it works fine with it. Any ideas how to make it work? If need more info just post

A:MSI Nvidia GeForce GTS 450 graphics card

I assume you are using the Windows 7 driver and not the XP driver on it,

NVIDIA DRIVERS 280.26 WHQL

might be better to go with the one previous as I haven't been seeing much in the way of good reports on the latest,

NVIDIA DRIVERS 275.33 WHQL

Also is this an untouched windows disk, or has it been modified in some way?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/182241-msi-nvidia-geforce-gts-450-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hey, I've been looking for a good but not overpriced graphics card for my new computer, which frankly has a terrible card which comes with it. I was wondering if the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti was any good, the most graphically intensive game I will be running on it is Skyrim.

So do you think it's good, and if so which graphics level (Low, Medium, High, Very High) do you think I'd be able to run it on?

Thanks,
-G

P.S:
Here are my current system specs.

Intel Core i5 3330 @ 3.00GHz
Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit
6.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 788MHz

Relevancy 70.09%

[Display]
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit (Service Pack 1)
DirectX version: 11.0
GPU processor: GeForce 210
Driver version: 301.42
DirectX support: 10.1
CUDA Cores: 16
Core clock: 589 MHz
Shader clock: 1402 MHz
Memory clock: 625 MHz (1250 MHz data rate)
Memory interface: 32-bit
Total available graphics memory: 2303 MB
Dedicated video memory: 512 MB DDR3
System video memory: 0 MB
Shared system memory: 1791 MB
Video BIOS version: 70.18.5F.00.00
IRQ: 16
Bus: PCI Express x16
I cant tell if i have 1 gb graphics card or only 512 mb card.

A:Please tell me do i have 1 gb nvidia geforce 210 graphics card?

Download and install Speccy - System Information - Free Download .

Run it, and click thew "Graphics" on the left pane
It will provide all the necessary information.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/243384-please-tell-me-do-i-have-1-gb-nvidia-geforce-210-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello everyone I am really frustated with some problem that has popped up recently i hope someone can problem. gts Nvidia card 250 geforce help me out here My system specs cpu Intel quad core ghz mobo asus Nvidia geforce gts 250 card problem. p q pro graphic card nvidia geforce gts psu cooler master kw hard disk tb Bios Latest from asus website for my model Drivers all updated os windows bit Now two weeks back everything was working fine up and running i could even play crysis at the maximum settings smooth as hell Then i had a problem of my pc restarting by itself So i reinstalled my windows and installed a fresh one Everything became fine again Then i again updated to service pack and installed all updates I previously also had service pack Then a few random crashes when i was playing fifa with flickering screens i had to forcely restart i did it The third time i did the restart i see that the resolution changed to i tried to open the nvidia control panel but it says quot You are currently not using any nvidia gpu quot Then i went to the device manger to check n it says quot Windows has stopped this device code error quot so i tried the old way of uninstall and install the nvidia driver but no use i have tried all the troubleshoot available in windows but no use And one more thing wen i start my pc the first screen in bios has all blue dots all over the screens the second screen has ranom characters all over the screen in white then windows starts up and it works fine but in vga resolution I am totally confused what has happened and do not know what to do Was it the update that caused the problem i dnt think so as i previously also had sp two weeks back and it wa sworking fine How can my graphic card get corrupt all of a sudden n if its some software issue how do i solve it currently the card is detected by the system but its not working please help me out guys I am attaching the screen shots

A:Nvidia geforce gts 250 card problem.

franky123

Welcome to SevenForums.

I'm sorry to say that your GFX may be Faulty.

Try the Following.

1, Take the Card out of the Current PCI-e Socket and place in the other one.
2, Ensure your cards FAN is running when its on.
3, Cry - as this does not solve it your card is indeed DEAD.

I would enquirer about a RMA from the manufacturer as most cards have a nice 3yr warranty.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/210295-nvidia-geforce-gts-250-card-problem.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I have an old Dell Dimension 8300 PC with a bad video card (128MB DDR NVidia GeForce FX 5200). I need to replace the video card but because this PC is in our spare room for guests to use, I do not want to spend much to replace it. Can anyone recommend an inexpensive comparable card?

Thanks!

A:Bad Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 card

Well the first thing I need to know is what bus the card is operating on. Most 5200's by dell were AGP, and I know they made the 5200 in PCI but I am not sure.

You have several ways to tell what bus the card uses.

1. You can use system info/everest or something similar to see.
2. You can just physically take the card out and look. Google AGP and PCI. They don't look similar so you should be able to tell.

Now after taking the card out, it may be worth it to look at the back of the unit. If you see another VGA port, that will be the onboard. I haven't worked with these generation dells in a long time so I do not remember off the top of my head. If that is present, simply plug the monitor in and see what happens. You should have video automatically, if so, since this is a spare machine it should work ok.

If you do not have another VGA port after you take out the card, you will need to buy a replacement.

Both of the formats are long dead, so the prices are pretty cheap. You can get replacements for the 5200 in AGP or PCI

AGP HERE
PCI HERE

You can also shop around for used/cheaper solutions if you so desire. You are not limited to the 5200 specifically, anything from that generation ATI 9xxx series should work fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bad-nvidia-geforce-fx-5200-card.133744/
Relevancy 70.09%

I just installed Windows 7 on an older machine and I'm having the common problem where windows doesn't recognize my Nvidia graphics card (Geforce MX/MX 400).

The nvidia site only offers driver in the Geforce 4 MX series (I'm assuming that's the right one) for Windows XP, no Win7 no Vista. Should I try to install those drivers or should I look for a new graphics card?

A:Nvidia Geforce MX/MX 400 card not recognized

Go ahead and install the XP drivers. You may need to run them in compatibility mode.

Compatibility Mode

Just note, your results are not guaranteed. There is a chance the card simply is not compatible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/87912-nvidia-geforce-mx-mx-400-card-not-recognized.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I have a NVIDIA GeForce 6200 Video card that I recently did a driver upgrade on. The driver version is 6.14.11.6375 Dated 10-14-07.

I just did a PC Pitstop Performance check and the results show LOW video performance of 14.42MPS. This SUCKS!

A similar test run just (2) weeks ago showed 93 MPS. I'm pretty sure that was with the old driver.

Why would a new driver KILL the video performance ????

See system specs in my sig.

Relevancy 70.09%

I just built a new machine with the help of a friend, and I'm having a big problem with my video. Whenever I play mpegs the picture is completely messed up (it has a weird bright tint and all the colors are messed up). Mov files seem to be okay though. When I playI've uninstalled and reinstalled my video card drivers (NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200) at least 5 times and it hasn't fixed anything. I'm out of ideas on how to fix this. Any thoughts?

A:Video all messed up (NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200)

Windows Media Video files also do not play. I cannot verify that any types of video other than movs work properly. They all have this off-color fuzzy tint to them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-all-messed-up-nvidia-geforce-fx-5200.37463/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hey guys,

I recently got this video card, Nvidia GeForce 6200. Great video card for the price, however as i read in the reviews....The drivers that came with it do not support video play. I was told to get the driver 84.21 for this video card. However, I've searched and can not find any driver I can download in relation to this. If any one can help, i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

A:Nvidia GeForce 6200 Video Driver

For the most current support, download the newest drivers from nVidia's website. You can find them here:

http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-geforce-6200-video-driver.549269/
Relevancy 70.09%

ive looked around and found some threads on this but i honestly didnt understand anything i bought a Video- PCI Nvidia geforce mx yesterday from READ Nvidia 2 geforce mx PLEASE Video-118PCI 400 the moments i installed it i was having problems finally fix somethings i was playing unreal tournament b i installed direct x and got the latest nvidia drivers after i updated everything unreal tournaments stopped working as soon as i start it in freezes my computer like it would give me a PLEASE READ Video-118PCI Nvidia geforce 2 mx 400 black blank screen the alt control delete dosent work and i have to press the reset button i tried going back to the old drivers and that didnt work either i can play call of duty fine but when i try to play something like max payne or need for speed underground the game starts fine but then freezes in the middle or after a little bit or in certain areas it reminds of me of the old nes when it would freeze and would freeze the sound cant do nothing but press the reset button im using xp pro mb sdram ghz intel celeron thats all know about what can i do to fix this problems im afraid to unstall direct x cause b i upgraded it to the latest i was having these weird problems where my monitor wouldnt display anythin or had these weird likes or seemed liek the screen was stretched those problems are gone but i cant really play the games i want does anything one know of a solution i dont know much about computers so can some one please give me detailed instructions like when u say to do something like use old drivers can you please tell me where to get them I have spent hours trying to fix this and im offcially frustrated nbsp

A:PLEASE READ Video-118PCI Nvidia geforce 2 mx 400

go with the 45.23 drivers the latest ones seem to have a bit of bugs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-read-video-118pci-nvidia-geforce-2-mx-400.9826/
Relevancy 69.66%

hello

I have a HP pavilion, running Windows ME, 256 Memory.
Recently after a thunderstorm produced several power surges, I do have a good surge protector

My mouse stopped working and my video card is stuck in 16 bit mode
I have fixed the mouse by going into the system.ini file and removing all the garbage that was in the file

But my video card comes up in in 16 bit mode 640x480
I make the changes to 256 or a higher res and it asks to reboot
Upon reboot it is back in 16 bit mode

Can anyone tell me where I am missing in my troubleshooting

Thanks

Relevancy 69.66%

Hey! I Have A Compaq Presario SR1420NX With An Nvidia FX5200 Video Card, Running Windows Vista Home Basic 32Bit With Service Pack 1. On Occasion, When I Turn On Or Restart My PC, I Get This Message:

"nvlddmkm stopped responding"

I Am Also Using The Latest Geforce Drivers from The NVIDIA Web site (Official drivers, Not Beta drivers). What Can I Do To Prevent This Problem Once And for all???

A:Windows Vista & Nvidia Video Card Issue!!!

Looks like that bug has been around a while

http://www.google.com/search?q=nvlddmkm stopped responding&num=20

http://www.repairyourpcnow.com/resources/atikmdag-has-stopped-responding.php

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-nvidia-video-card-issue.725721/
Relevancy 69.23%

can somebody help me please ?
Does anybody know if the nvidia GeForce GTX 260M graphics card has a tv out funtion ? It has a vga slot and I was thinking of buying a vga to s video cable and connecting it to my t.v to play games.
thanks.
sean.

A:Nvidia GeForce GTX 260M graphics card

The GTX 260M should have a DVI output. I think DVI to HDMI converters are available.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-gtx-260m-graphics-card.147152/
Relevancy 69.23%

I have already trawled the internet attempting to find a solution to something which I assume will NVidia Geforce Card Removing PCIe be ridicolous simple after I figure it out but for now Removing NVidia Geforce PCIe Card I am stuck Now I am attemtping to remove the PCIe Card in my Dell XPS to check as my PC refuses to fire up I have narrowed the possible fault down to either the Graphics Card powers up but doesn t pull screen or the Hard Drive lots of noise but no beeps firing the CMOS Of course before going after the Hard Drive I thought it would be an idea to inspect the Graphics Card The problem looks like the PCIe Card is SOOOOO long that when I am trying to tilt it back out of its blue locator the other end of the card is striking the Motherboard Even as far back as it will go the card will not budge out of the slot and I am hoping that it trully is something entirely stupid that I am missing nbsp

A:Removing NVidia Geforce PCIe Card

If the "blue locator" you mention is at the back end of the card slot, this is a release latch. Press it down and then you should be able to remove the card by pulling it straight up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/removing-nvidia-geforce-pcie-card.1016916/
Relevancy 69.23%

I went to the NVidia site, but all the drivers that show are for Linux. I tried searching for Windows, but none turned up.

This is for an HP dv9700 laptop PC that's over five years old.

Anyone got an URL for the proper site?

A:Driver for NVidia GeForce Go 7150M Card

Try this Wynona

http://www.nvidia.com/download/drive...spx/8972/en-ushttp://www.nvidia.com/download/drive...spx/8972/en-us

Or here from the HP site

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/...636840/drivers

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/4506-driver-nvidia-geforce-go-7150m-card.html
Relevancy 69.23%

My computer has an AMD Radeon HD 7540D which gives me a lot of trouble when editing in Adobe Premiere Pro CC.  I have 32GB of memory installed on this computer.  Can I upgrade to a graphics card that utilizes Open GL or Cuda?  Like this one: Galaxy NVIDIA Geforce GT 740 2 GB GDDR5 Graphics Cardor a better one.  I know there are a few folks on Youtube who suggest a $300 plus card for editing. I plan on downconverting 4k footage on my PC to edit.I just need to know if I can upgrade to a card that allows me to use the Mercury Playback hardward not software.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-I-upgrade-to-this-card-Galaxy-NVIDIA-Geforce-GT-740-2-GB/td-p/5647241
Relevancy 69.23%

Can any one help me on this matter, I have tried many things to get this card up and running on Windows XP but with no luck. I have tried the latest drivers and NT4.0 drivers but with no luck. It just keeps freezing the screen and I have to restart the pc and take it out and do the same procedure again and again. One driver halfed worked the NT driver which came with the CDROM but it cant play any games over 16mb so I know the card is not faulty. Am I missing something ? Thanks

Relevancy 69.23%

Okay, i tried to Upgrade my Graphic Card for better perfomance.

I watched videos, when i tried to Upgrade it, it said No Updates (i forgoted it)

But im confused, did Microsoft stop working on Windows 7? Or NVIDIA stopped working with Microsoft? Im confused

A:Is NVIDIA Geforce GT 320N the last Graphic Card?

Hi,
No NVidia are still I guess working together
I seem to believe most of these newer driver updates are focused more for win-10 instead of win-7

You card is pretty old so it might not work well on the newest NVidia driver
I'm still on 368.39 you didn't say which driver version you're using though or how exactly you attempted to update it ?

I'd usually use this
NVIDIA Drivers - Avoid Problems

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/400963-nvidia-geforce-gt-320n-last-graphic-card.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi , i want to install a new graphics card on my HP 120-011in desktop pc . Currently my desktop is running integrated Intel HD graphics 4400 . I recently purchased a Nvidia Geforce GT 710 graphics card but when i inserted it in PCI-E port , the pc is not able to detect it . So here are my questions - 1. Why that graphics card is not detected by my pc ?2. Can the PSU of 180 Watts which is installed on my system  handle that card ? If not , which PSU should i purchase ? Its urgent , pls reply fast . Thanks for the help .

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Attaching-a-new-Nvidia-Geforce-GT-710-graphics-card-to-HP/td-p/5800148
Relevancy 69.23%

Im using a Hitachi 43in 1080P tv as a monitor and a Nvidea Geforce 703 graphics card I have 8 gig's of ram, but just cant seem to get the picture to look right is there any software that would tweak the setting to get as good a picture as possible or am I stuck with trial and error

A:Nvidia Geforce 730 graphics card 43 in 1080P tv

Originally Posted by pwdiver

Im using a Hitachi 43in 1080P tv as a monitor and a Nvidea Geforce 703 graphics card I have 8 gig's of ram, but just cant seem to get the picture to look right is there any software that would tweak the setting to get as good a picture as possible or am I stuck with trial and error

Hi there

Try the HARDWARE settings on your monitor --you might have to use the handset to get the monitor menu (picture).

There's usually a setting "Auto Scan " / "Auto resize" or similar which should correct the computer W10 image to the correct size. (Aspect ratio setting).

Also set brightness / contrast / colour / sharpening correctly -- makes a HUGE difference. If you have a GAMMA control on the hardware settings use that as it's often better than brightness + contrast combo.

people often forget the hardware menu - especially when using TV's as monitors.

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/48038-nvidia-geforce-730-graphics-card-43-1080p-tv.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Okay, i tried to Upgrade my Graphic Card for better perfomance.

I watched videos, when i tried to Upgrade it, it said No Updates (i forgoted it)

But im confused, did Microsoft stop working on Windows 7? Or NVIDIA stopped working with Microsoft? Im confused

A:Is NVIDIA Geforce GT 320M the last Graphic Card?

Hi,
No NVidia are still I guess working together
I seem to believe most of these newer driver updates are focused more for win-10 instead of win-7

You card is pretty old so it might not work well on the newest NVidia driver
I'm still on 368.39 you didn't say which driver version you're using though or how exactly you attempted to update it ?

I'd usually use this
NVIDIA Drivers - Avoid Problems

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/400963-nvidia-geforce-gt-320m-last-graphic-card.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Well basically my hard drive broke so I bought a new one, had to obviously reinstall windows etc, and everything was fine. I installed the drivers from the disc (as I lost them) and everything was okay until I turned my PC on one day and it just beeped loads, I tried lots of different things to see what it was and I changed my graphics card and now it works, and whenever I have my GeForce FX 5200, my computer won't turn on, it's as if there is no graphics card installed.
I had this problem when I first got it, but I moved it about and it worked - I just assumed I didn't fit it in properly, but I know this time its a problem with the card. Any suggestions?
Cheers

A:nVIDIA GeForce 5200 FX card not working

Are you sure you did not physically damage the card (the connecting portion) when you last took it out or fitted it in? When you "moved it about", you DID turn off the computer first right? Do you know what the usual operating temperature of your card is? 'Cuz it could be fried for all I can think of.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-5200-fx-card-not-working.42106/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello All Over the last days I have been trying to install a new graphics card PNY nvidia GT BSoD card with GeForce graphics nvidia 430 GeForce GT on my HP Pavilion Elite m y Desktop PC I removed the previous graphics card nvidia GeForce GS uninstalled the nvidia drivers BSoD with nvidia GeForce GT 430 graphics card and ran Driver Sweeper to clean up anything that was remaining I shut off my anti-virus selected Windows to ask before updating drivers and to ask before downloading and installing updates I also visited the nvidia website and downloaded the latest driver to my desktop Unfortunately upon installing the GT card I am now envcountering of the time the BSoD shortly after booting up or during driver installation process both with the installation disk and with the driver I downloaded This happens both in normal and safe mode I have received a number of different messages on the blue screen such as Page Fault IN NONPAGED AREA MEMORY MANAGEMENT THE DRIVER IS MISMANAGING SYSTEM PTES etc All returns to normal when I put the original card back in I have attached the requested BSoD dump and system info as well as the system health report buow-vista html Any help would be greatly appreciated System Specs HP Pavilion Elite m y Desktop PC full retail version HP Pavilion Elite m y Desktop PC Product Specifications HP Pavilion Elite m y Desktop PC - HP Customer Care United States - English Windows Vista Home Premium x original installation AMD Phenom X Quad-Core Upgrades - GB memory Patriot DDR x GB Thermaltake TR W power supply

A:BSoD with nvidia GeForce GT 430 graphics card

Welcome to the forum.. If i got time tommorrow i'll peak at the bod.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/295130-bsod-nvidia-geforce-gt-430-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 69.23%

i installed the driver also but it's not working

A:Nvidia graphics card (geforce 940 m) is not recognized by my...

Hi @nirabsub ,Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the graphic card not working. I will be glad to help you. Please tell me more details of what is happening. Please get back to me so I can help you better. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Nvidia-graphics-card-geforce-940-m-is-not-recognized-by-my/td-p/5696581
Relevancy 69.23%

Does this card support dual monitors? I found someone selling it. He says it has nView, Power DVD, TV-out, D-sub, DVI but ive seen somewhere on the internet that some cards may have the 2 ports, but dont support dual monitors. Is this the case for this card?

e39m5

A:NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 - Questions about this card

If the card has two outputs then it should support two monitors, haven't seen any cards with two outputs that didn't.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-geforce-fx-5200-questions-about-this-card.420367/
Relevancy 69.23%

I have an IM845GL mobo and it comes with three pci slots, the problem is that it also comes with an intel 82845GL GMCH as well and i'm not sure about how to install the card. Should i install the PNY NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 ( PCI ) reguarly or am i suppose to remove the GMCH? Or is there anything else special i should do before installing the card?

A:Can i get PNY NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 ( PCI ) graphics card on this?

If the intel graphics is integrated into the motherboard,you
can disable it in the BIOS.
If not,remove it.
Make sure you uninstall the drivers for the old graphics
hardware first.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/can-i-get-pny-nvidia-geforce-fx-5500-pci-graphics-card-on-this-98629.html
Relevancy 69.23%

OK i have a Nvidia Geforce4 Ti4200 Graphics Card and it supports a tv out jack it "looks" very similar to a 7 pin svideo input but its not. I have contacted Nvidia and they have yet to return my emails. any body else have this problem?

Relevancy 69.23%

I have recently been having a few problems with my graphics card running at a high temperature so i read a few things online on how to clean it and then i did so. Now when i start up my computer normally "start windows normally" i get blue screen and the computer re-starts. When i run dxdiag it says i have no graphics card so im not really sure if its broken or if i have re installed it incorrectly.

Any help with what the most likely cause of this would be is greatly appreciated.

A:Nvidia geforce 240 gts graphics card issue

Power down and re-seat the graphics card again. If it requires an extra power cord make sure that is connected. If it has a cooling fan attached I'd watch to make sure it spins up.

EDIT: what exactly did you do to clean it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/193134-nvidia-geforce-240-gts-graphics-card-issue.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I have a question regarding my Asus P5N-E SLI motherboard. I am currently running two Geforce 8600GT cards and considering buying two nVIDIA GeForce 9500GT 1GB SLi PCI-E Video Cards. I would like to know if my Motherboard will handle these cards and if the difference in performance is worth the cost. Thank you for any information.

A:Nvidia GeForce card compatible question

Canlen said:

I have a question regarding my Asus P5N-E SLI motherboard. I am currently running two Geforce 8600GT cards and considering buying two nVIDIA GeForce 9500GT 1GB SLi PCI-E Video Cards. I would like to know if my Motherboard will handle these cards and if the difference in performance is worth the cost. Thank you for any information.Click to expand...

I'm not up-to-date on the 9-Series as I'm still on a single 8800GTS myself,..

Here's what a quick Google turned up. They're effectively the same, if I understand correctly, except with better heat management on the newer card. Also, what type of VRAM do your old 8600s have? What is the "cost" you're citing?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-card-compatible-question.124378/
Relevancy 69.23%

I have been using this pc for over 2 years. In the Spring of this year the pc kept crashing. I have found out that the graphics card is reaching temperatures of 105 degrees C when playing games. I have cleaned all the fans in the pc with air.

I have been told the heat sync is probably no longer functioning correctly.

GPU temp is 66 deg C when the pc is in normal use and fan speed 40%.

As soon as I play games the fan goes to 100% and the temperatures rise until the card crashes.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

A:Nvidia geforce graphics card 320 overheating

I was having problems with the Nvidia chip in this laptop. Blowing out and cleaning the fans didn't seem to do any good so I took the advice of others and cleaned off the old thermal paste and applied new. It definitely appears to have help. No laptop shut downs since. I used Arctic MX-4. Search Youtube for instructions.

Also, for peace of mind, I uninstalled any temperature monitoring program.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/242166-nvidia-geforce-graphics-card-320-overheating.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I bought a new laptop - ACER 5745G.

After the initial Windows 7 64bit installation my scores were 6.6, 5.9, 5.9, 6.0 and only the Graphics for Areo a 4.9. Since I mostly want to use this laptop for watching HD videos, I figured those are scores aren't low and was satisfied. However, after automatic updates were installed all scores went down at least 1.0 point.

I tried installing a driver from NVIDIA's website, I tried changing performance settings but nothing made it better - instead in the end the graphics for aero score became 3.7.

I used system restore to get the laptop back to the date before some automatic updates were installed but I don't think I can make it stay like this forever.

Is this a bad graphics card? Am I expecting a score that is too high? And most importantly - what settings do I need to have in order to get the best video quality?

Thank you in advance!

A:NVIDIA GeForce 310M - problems with WEI and video quality?

The WEI settings are not accurate to begin with; don't worry about it.

As long as it performs the actual function you want, then it works.

~Lordbob

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/126552-nvidia-geforce-310m-problems-wei-video-quality.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I recently brought an nvidia geforce fx5200 video card. The games run fine on it but whenever I try to play a video in windows media player or any other player its colours seem distorted. Here are my system specs:
Intel Pentium III 800 MHz
Intel D815 MB
192 MB Ram

Anybody with any suggestion please?

A:problems playing video on nvidia geforce fx5200

I'm not at all sure, but could this be a decoder error? Or some wierd video setting in the cards preferences?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-playing-video-on-nvidia-geforce-fx5200.56028/
Relevancy 68.8%

I upgraded Vista Business to Home Premium a couple days ago Card from 7; Vista Geforce get of Can't to Control NVidia Upgraded and I am having a problem getting my NVidia Geforce GT to function properly Device Manager recognizes the NVidia card but gives a quot code quot message NVidia control panel will not come up quot you are not currently using a display attached to a NVidia GPU quot I have removed the device and removed and reloaded the most up to date driver from NVidia several times however what seems to be the Integrated Graphics takes over the card When the NVidia device is removed Upgraded from Vista to 7; Can't get NVidia Control of Geforce Card I have standard quot accelerated quot graphics from my on board VGA port but as soon as the device is installed I loose signal from the integrated port and get integrated graphics not accelerated from port of Upgraded from Vista to 7; Can't get NVidia Control of Geforce Card the NVidia no signal from port of NVidia I attempted to disable IG by switching to PCI-e in Bios but that seemed to have no discernible effect As the GeForce card was working perfectly in Upgraded from Vista to 7; Can't get NVidia Control of Geforce Card Vista before the upgrade I am inclined to believe that I need to adjust something in the new OS Do you have any suggestions

A:Upgraded from Vista to 7; Can't get NVidia Control of Geforce Card

Have you simply tried letting windows install the driver ? That totally goes against my standard practice but, uninstall all the nvidia drivers, use ccleaner to cleanup the registry, then restart the pc and just let windows install the drivers and see if that helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/312160-upgraded-vista-7-cant-get-nvidia-control-geforce-card.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I recently reinstalled windows and replaced my my sound. Card New has Nvidia GTX Graphics 460 disabled Geforce old NVIDEA Geforce GT which finally died with a new Geforce GTX However when I installed the drivers it completely disabled my motherboard's onboard Realtek Azalia soundcard and for the last few days I've had New Graphics Card Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 has disabled my sound. no sound at all Nothing I've done has fixed the problem and every time I try to New Graphics Card Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 has disabled my sound. uninstall the drivers for everything New Graphics Card Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 has disabled my sound. relating to my video card the HDMI audio devices reinstall themselves from no discernible source every single time I boot up like a virus I'm about ready to take this pathetic video card back to the shop and demand a refund and get a video card that is not going to screw with my computer like this I don't use the single HDMI port on my video card I use both of my monitors on the DVI ports I really need some help with figuring out how to get the sound working again through the old audio output mic jacks on the back of the PC to get my speakers and headset working once more

A:New Graphics Card Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 has disabled my sound.

Quote: Originally Posted by Synica

Nothing I've done has fixed the problem

Before we can properly help you, please tell us what you've tried which hasn't worked.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/152569-new-graphics-card-nvidia-geforce-gtx-460-has-disabled-my-sound.html
Relevancy 68.8%

My XPS 435/9000 with an (i7 quad core processor 920) desktop originally came with an Nvidia Geforce GT220 GDDR3 graphics card.  I have been having video issues so I just purchased an (PNY) Nvidia Geforce GT740 DDR3, thinking this card would be an upgrade.  (I have an HP Pavilion 27xi monitor).
Maybe I was expecting too much, but to me it seems like the quality of the picture with the new card is not as good as the original card???  I swear I was getting 2560 x 1440 resolution originally, but I can only get 1920 x 1080 now?  It says that is the "native resolution".
Thoughts?  I don't game on my computer... mostly office stuff and videos etc...

A:XPS 435/9000 and Nvidia Geforce GT740 graphic card?

Both cards are capable of higher resolutions, but your monitor is only a 1080p monitor so that is the max resolution.  Its possible some settings like cleartype were reset when you swapped graphics cards as well.  I would try adjusting them to see if that helps, even go so far as to download the latest NVIDIA drivers.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19989068
Relevancy 68.8%

Anything in bold is copy pasted from information elsewhere Laptop Acer Aspire v - g Windows NIVIDIA GeForce GT m Systemrequirementslab com sometimes spits at me that I have gb or gb dedicated video memory on my card and sometimes gb So I dediced to find out myself ---------------------- Start - gt Run - gt Msinfo - gt Components - gt Display I have One is obviously my GeForce Card Memory - NVIDIA Laptop Dedicated Intel HD Graphics quot Laptop NVIDIA GeForce Card - Dedicated Memory Adapter RAM GB bytes quot GB on the intel HD graphics sounds about right And the other is my NVIDIA GeForce GT M quot Adapter RAM bytes quot What's going on here msinfo suggests my card has MB of memory This laptop's graphics card should have GB or GB dedicated video memory Am I misunderstanding how my system memory is used Does it somehow use some of that ram as dedicated memory to my Laptop NVIDIA GeForce Card - Dedicated Memory card as well I haven't changed any settings nor know how to quot Installed Physical Memory RAM GB quot -------------------------------------------- NVIDIA Control Panel Help - gt System Information - gt Scroll down to the info quot Total available graphics memory MB quot quot Dedicated video memory MB DDR quot quot System video memory MB quot quot Shared system memory MB quot Ok this is looking more reasonable What is lying to me and why ---------------------- Can someone explain to me please I'm rather tech savvy usually with myself under going study for ICT mainly networking etc Any explanation would help greatly thanks Or directions to help change or fix what ever is going on if it's not correct Attached screenshots as reference to the information

A:Laptop NVIDIA GeForce Card - Dedicated Memory

The first screen shot suggests to me that the GT 750 has 4 gigs of onboard (dedicated) RAM and is using (sharing) 8 gigs of system RAM for a total of 12 gigs. Why it says 1 gig in system info I don't know? It might be its actually using the Intel graphics when you opened it. It's switchable graphics. Unless you forced it to use the NVidia GPU it may be using the Intel? You would think it would say Intel at the top though?

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/68786-laptop-nvidia-geforce-card-dedicated-memory.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I have a Dell XPS Generation 2 running Windows XP with SP 2. Well, several months ago for no reason what so ever my computer screen started flickering on and off when computer is on. So I kept messing with it till I figured out that when I disable the graphics card it stops doing it. In device manager it says that card it working properly (when I enable it). I tried rolling back driver,I've tried updating driver and nothing is helping. Someone please help me....I'm at the end of my rope with this thing. I have several games that me or my family can't play now because of this. Thank you so much.

A:Nvidia GeForce 5200 Graphica Card Trouble

It could be overheating, or it even could be monitor. Check the fan on the video if there is one and make sure the computer is free of dust.

Disabling the video card is a very bad idea.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-geforce-5200-graphica-card-trouble.500208/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi i have a advent t9317 and recently my nvidia geforce 7300se packed up on me.So now im in the market for a new one mainly because my intergrated graphics chip cannot even open windows dvd maker.i dont really play games maybe football manager every now and again. So hopefully i dont need to spend loads
so i need a new one that can handle video and i dont want to buy a new power unit so i just want one that slots in and will work with vista home. Just a bit better than my old one(which i have seen on ebay for (12).Maybe i will spend around 50-60 if it improves my system as im already planning on getting 2gb memory,
all suggestions and help appreciated

A:Need new graphics card after nvidia geforce 7300se packed up

anybody help or know where i can get help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-new-graphics-card-after-nvidia-geforce-7300se-packed-up.867025/
Relevancy 68.8%

what possible graphics cards could you use with this pc? because i am looking for an upgrade that willl work with the 300 watt power supply

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Does-the-ASUS-NVIDIA-GeForce-210-graphics-card-work-with-the/td-p/5657507
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi,
Can the following graphics card work for a Optiplex 780 small form factor?
1GB of memory.
Thank you.

A:MSI GT 710 1GD3H LP NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 PCI Express 2.0 1 GB Graphics Card

If you look at the depth of the heatsink and where it needs to fit in the system, it may be a very tight fit or a no-go.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19990911
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello This is my first time on the forum thanks in advance for your help I have a GeForce GTS graphics card in a machine that I built and I can t get the graphic card to work properly I ve installed and enabled the drivers when I Problem GeForce Card 8800GTS NVIDIA Graphics - reboot the machine I get the Windows startup screen and then it goes blank I reboot in Safe Mode disable drivers reboot and it works fine with the integrated onboard drivers My yr old HP monitor is connected to the graphics card using a DVI to VGA adapter would this cause a problem I was told no The motherboard doesn t have a dedicated video output so the video I m getting from integrated drivers is passing through this card Everything in the machine is working fine except for this problem I m not a gamer but I would eventually like to do video work on this machine and would like to get this card to work properly In Graphics Card Problem - NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTS a couple of weeks I will have the opportunity to put this card in another machine but until then is there anything I can do to diagnose the problem OS Windows Ultimate Service Pack CPU Type - Graphics Card Problem - NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTS DualCore AMD Athlon X MHz x Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-M SLI-S Latest Bios Motherboard Chipset - nVIDIA nForce SLI AMD Hammer System Memory - MB DDR - DDR SDRAM Video Adapter amp D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce GTS Windows compatible Corsair TX W power supply

A:Graphics Card Problem - NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTS

"Integrated drivers" - I suppose that you mean the generic Windows VGA drivers.

Has your hardware ever worked in Windows 7?

Windows 7 is pretty good at including drivers, but it may not include drivers for your nVidia nForce 570 SLI chipset. (I had that with my nVidia/AMD laptop.)

They're available at www.nvidia.com. Make sure that you get the correct bit depth (32 bit, from what you've posted), and the AMD version (not Intel).

NVIDIA DRIVERS 15.58 WHQL

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/214868-graphics-card-problem-nvidia-geforce-8800gts.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I have the Asus-N61JV notebook with Nvidia Geforce GT 325M grpahics card on Windows 7 32 bit. I downloaded the version 197.16 driver from Nvidia. By default my notebook detects the driver as standard VGA graphics adapter. The Chip type is detected as ?Intel(R)Ironlake Mobile Graphics ChipSet?. Now when I follow the manual driver installation the message I am receiving is ?Installing this device is not recommended because Windows cannot verify that iy is compatible with your hardware?. ? , I thought of ignoring this message and proceed with the installation but then paused to check if any one else is facing the same problem. Any idea?

A:Nvidia Geforce GT 325M graphics card is not detected

Well, if you want to install the latest driver for this graphic card, you can find it here.

NVIDIA DRIVERS 197.16 WHQL

Or you can try the one available on the Asus website.

It should work just fine either way, despite the message.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/79195-nvidia-geforce-gt-325m-graphics-card-not-detected.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi i bought my graphics card about 6 months back and i've been having problems ever since i did. games like half-life and halo plus other 3-d games don't show all the 3-d. i bought my card from newegg and i still can have it replaced if it has issues. can someone help me? i've included a picture to show you what i'm talking about. thanks!

A:Nvidia GeForce 6800 graphics card issues

make sure you have the latest nVidia drivers and check your setting in the game, the wrong type of acceleration can cause things like this but i can't remember which one does it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-6800-graphics-card-issues.82023/
Relevancy 68.8%

Guys,

Can anyone tell me which drivers to install on my Dell 9400 laptop for best performance? It's just that i've noticed that while watching DVDs or avi files, the clarity on the screen is not what i would expect from the likes of Nvidia... I've been looking on the Nvidia website and there are a few available as well as one called purevideo decoder which you have to pay for. Is that worth buying?

The drivers i have at the moment are Dell/Nvidia ones but i reckon they just don't cut it!

Any advice much appreciated!

Thanks

A:Nvidia GeForce Go 7800 graphics card advice

The decoder just lets you watch movies/shows with certain other video types. Download the latest drivers (stable ones, I don't use beta).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-go-7800-graphics-card-advice.64104/
Relevancy 68.8%

HELP. I tried uninstalling old nvidia drivers. When I put my new one in, there wasn't an old graphics card in place. I tried youtubing possible solutions. I'm considering taking my pc the best buy so they can hook it up, but I don't wanna spend more money. The power watts meet it's standard. I had to buy a new one. I KNOW it's in the right place inside, but my computer won't detect it. The PNY software DVD won't detect it. It says not found. I understand that you have to install a diver that's compatible, and I tried that, but it says checking system... and then It can't find it! It's been months. I uninstalled every nvidia driver or thing on my computer, which now makes my screen look small, which is really annoying. please help!

A:Computer won't Detect Nvidia Geforce 730 Graphics card

You need to tell use more about your computer, what is the make and model of it, what is the model of the motherboard, what is the model of the power supply? What version of Windows?

Is it the Geforce GT 730 you bought or something else? What is the intended use of the new graphics card?

And what graphics card or GPU did you have before adding this card?

Do you have the monitor connected to the new graphics card or do you by chance still have it connected to the integrated graphics that many computer have? It needs to be connected to the new card before turning the computer on.

Have you made sure the card is seated fully in the slot?

Have you tried using the latest drivers from the NVidia website: http://www.geforce.com/drivers

Do you have access to another computer to try the card to make sure its not defective?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wont-detect-nvidia-geforce-730-graphics-card.1163893/
Relevancy 68.8%

A new program I was trying to install keeps saying I need to update the graphics card drivers. My PC is suppossed to have a NVIDIA Geforce with CUDA installed as OEM. When I look at the video card showing in the Device Manager it tells me it is a Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.   How do I find the NVIDIA and how do I restore it to being my graphics driver?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/CQ5320F-Nvidia-GeForce-with-Cuda-card-not-found/td-p/5851704
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi could anyone recomend where i can get just a fan for this nVIDIA GeForce 6200 AGP Video Adapter card .

It is really noisy ,i have took it out and cleaned it and even added a little oil ..was quiter for a while then back again.

Cheers.,