Windows Support Forum

Replaced motherboard, windows booted a few times, now it won't load windows...

Q: Replaced motherboard, windows booted a few times, now it won't load windows...

So I just got done replacing the motherboard amp power supply a times, won't it motherboard, booted Replaced windows windows... load now few on my Dell Dimensions a few days ago I replaced them because they had burned up and my computer would not even powerup a new power supply did Replaced motherboard, windows booted a few times, now it won't load windows... not fix the problem Anways I have new problems now Replaced motherboard, windows booted a few times, now it won't load windows... So it booted fine for a few days and worked great after i had replaced the MB and PS Then today I get a couple quot blue screens of death quot that made me restart a few times I also got a few windows errors when I tried to open My Computer I didnt think they were that big of a deal because i had gotten these errors before with no following consequences Now after the th Replaced motherboard, windows booted a few times, now it won't load windows... blue screen of death and th time restarting it won t restart It simply goes to a blank screen after the Dell bios splash screen appears I have maxtor hard drives- gig and gig I have not made any changes to my computer in the last few days For RAM I have x meg and x meg I already took out my harddrives and made sure they were connected correctly- both are set to cable select with the jumpers I am real close to formating the HD and reinstalling windows Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Replaced motherboard, windows booted a few times, now it won't load windows...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Replaced motherboard, windows booted a few times, now it won't load windows...

If you replaced the Mobo with a different brand / version of the one you had before. You'll have to reinstall Windows anyway.
Different drivers and settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replaced-motherboard-windows-booted-a-few-times-now-it-wont-load-windows.21335/
Relevancy 78.69%

I replaced my fic vc35 mother board in my hp pavilion 750uk desk top computer with one of the same spec but i can't load windows, it goes through the post sequence then displays the screen that says windows was not shutdown correctly " Start windows normally" Last known configuration that worked" e.t.c. I have tried several commands but none work. at the bottom of the screen a white broken band appears as if it's loading windows this turns solid and then thats how it remains.

Relevancy 77.83%

Hello I'm new to forum and am struggling with getting Windows XP to fully boot after changing faulty motherboard. It opens the opening Windows page with the 3 identities it had before, but when I log in to any of these, it then asks me to set up Activation with Microsoft, giving me a 54 digit Installation Number to contact Microsoft with - when I do this, Microsoft state they do not recognise it. I still have original Product Key but this is not getting me anywhere. I do not have original Windows CD or a recovery CD (it never came with one). I'm sure there's an easy fix but have been unable to find it on forums. I know I could reinstall Windows from another CD but assume this would wipe all my data / documents from hard drive. Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 74.82%

Had to get a new motherboard for my mom's HP won't Windows now Motherboard, Replaced 10 reactivate Pavilion - w tower because the pins on the socket LGA- board were bent Was trying to clean it Replaced Motherboard, now Windows 10 won't reactivate up and apply new thermal grease on it after I had blown out the dust bunnies out early in the month last month This board ASRock H TM-ITX R LGA Intel H HDMI SATA Gbs USB Mini ITX Intel Motherboard - Newegg com replaces HP part number - Now I tried to get on the activation hotline and once Replaced Motherboard, now Windows 10 won't reactivate again I get dialed into Bangalore or who-knows-where and he keeps whining about entering the Product Key from a label that is nowhere to be found on the computer's case I insisted that I never had a key that Windows was factory pre-installed without one they never bothered to include a sticker or label on the computer or any of the media or the manual but he kept rambling on about where to look and I almost started an argument because I already had the Installation ID screen up and everything and I told him quot Look I came here to tell someone my Installation ID and all you're doing is b ch about some label that I can't find on this HP tower quot He kept on keeping on telling me about all other nonsense I didn't want to hear and finally I decided he wasn't going to help me activate Windows so I hung up on him So yeah I did put a new motherboard in the HP chassis and it was almost a perfect fit except for that I had to cut a length of cable in order for the power connectors to reach from the motherboard Replaced Motherboard, now Windows 10 won't reactivate to the DVD Super Drive The remaining connector was within reach of the hard disk that was already still in the system And being that this is my mother's Internet PC and that she uses it to do her taxes on it I copied what was important to her into her OneDrive and then wiped the hard drive Still not convinced This is where it gets even worse The installation media I made to upgrade the laptop and this custom build that I have won't work I even tried using my old Windows key only to get told that it's quot in use by another PC quot What So not only is my mother running non-genuine Windows now she is going to get constantly nagged to death until she forks over until something is done out here or if someone did their job correctly through that activation hotline like I asked

A:Replaced Motherboard, now Windows 10 won't reactivate

Problem is the original 8.1 key was preinstalled oem, and you cannot transfer windows 10 to a new device if original licence is oem, and a new mobo counts as a new pc (it is the brains after all). The windows 10 EULA is very clear on this.

If your windows 7 key is a retail key, you can reinstall 7 on new pc, get it activated using telephone activation if necessary, then upgrade to windows 10 (or clean install and use 7 key).

If 7 key is oem, then it will not work, and you need a new licence. You are required to remove 7 or upgrade to 10 from old mobo, if you intended to use old mobo as well (not an issue here as old mobo is dead).

I admit the quality of info being provided by MS support is poor, but the end result is still correct ie you need a new licence.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/35968-replaced-motherboard-now-windows-10-wont-reactivate.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Recently my motherboard died but everything else in the box is still good. If i can get a motherboard thats compatible with everything will Windows and all the other programs i spent endless hours installing still be there? Also what do I need to do to install a new motherboard if i was to find one.

Relevancy 74.82%

A few weeks ago my notebook stopped powering on I sent it into HP for repairs and they replaced the motherboard When I got it back it did power on but it motherboard, Windows After crashes replaced 2... about HP every crashes and I get a blue screen of death fairly regularly every - minutes The error messages vary here's a selection of After HP replaced motherboard, Windows crashes about every 2... them KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURESYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED dxgmms sys CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTIONCRITICAL PROCESS DIEDSYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTIONIRQL NOT LESS OR EQUALMEMORY MANAGEMENTSPECIAL POOL DETECTED MEMORY CORRUPTIONKMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLEDMy first thought was that it was a driver error specifically a graphics driver error I've received several notifications telling me the display driver has crashed but Windows recovered it but neither rolling it back nor updating it nor uninstalling it and installing the version from HP's website fixed the issue I did the same for virtually every other major driver and did a full check to make sure every driver was completely up to date I also used Memtest to check the integrity of the memory and Seagate's tool to check the hard drive both to no avail Is there anything else I should try Is this possibly a problem with the repair itself that may require me to send the laptop in again

A:After HP replaced motherboard, Windows crashes about every 2...

Hi @alsschrank, Welcome to the HP Forum! Thank you for joining the HP Forum community.  It is a great resource for information, tips, and solutions that have helped others. Here is a link to First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More as a guide should you have any concerns or questions about the process. I understand that you recently had the motherboard replaced by HP. Now your notebook crashed every 5-20 minutes with a graphic driver error. You have checked and all the drivers are up to date. Have you run the Windows troubleshooter? Have you run the HP Support Assistant ?  Have you checked for viruses and malware? MS Malicious Software Removal Tool (from Microsoft.com).  I suggest you do a backup if you have not yet done one. I suggest you try a sfc scan, this will scan for corrupted system files and try to repair them if any are found.Right click on the Windows button lower left corner and choose command prompt adminType sfc /scannow and press enter Wait for it to complete and restart your notebook.Next, I would try a refresh, this will reinstall Windows but you have the  option to keep your personal data.  How to Refresh Windows 10 (from tenforums.com) @Brink to assist you with that process.Please let me know the results.To help visitors and members alike find solutions that have helped others, please consider selecting "Accepted Solution"  on the post that resolves your difficulty. This will give it more visibility and make it easier to find.  Please consider clicking the "Thumbs Up Icon" below  to say thanks for assisting you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/After-HP-replaced-motherboard-Windows-crashes-about-every-20/td-p/5606251
Relevancy 74.39%

I recently updated my PC and just bougth some different gear, for some reason it just refuses to boot. What happens is when I get to the windows logo loading screen my pc just freezes and reboots. This kept happening so I bought a new HDD and still the same, checked the harddisk to be sure on another pc. Also I recently bought 8 GB DDR3 ram, a P63 B3 Revision Motherboard, I2500K intel core CPU, crossfire with 2x GeForce 9800 GT.
Any ideas on why it can't boot, I literally did everything in order to try to fix it.

A:Computer won't load windows even though I replaced HDD, RAM,CPU, MB

Quote: Originally Posted by Klamfyr

I recently updated my PC and just bougth some different gear, for some reason it just refuses to boot. What happens is when I get to the windows logo loading screen my pc just freezes and reboots. This kept happening so I bought a new HDD and still the same, checked the harddisk to be sure on another pc. Also I recently bought 8 GB DDR3 ram, a P63 B3 Revision Motherboard, I2500K intel core CPU, crossfire with 2x GeForce 9800 GT.
Any ideas on why it can't boot, I literally did everything in order to try to fix it.

Try booting in safe mode (F8)

If that doesnt work pull all the ram but one stick and try to boot.

Remove all non critical devices like usb (leave only monitor, keyborad, mouse)

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/210579-computer-wont-load-windows-even-though-i-replaced-hdd-ram-cpu-mb.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I replaced my motherboard due to somewhere there was a defective or malfunction You can review it here SOLVED Integrated Video GPU stopped working Specs So the motherboard I currently have now is ROG reinstalled motherboard, freezing Pro Replaced Windows SP1, 7 my happens Crosshair V Formula-Z CPU AMD Pheonom II Replaced my motherboard, reinstalled Windows 7 Pro SP1, freezing happens X T Mobo socket AM but the CPU is AM GPU ASUS Radeon R X Two Harddrive The One with the OS in it GB WD Blue WDBH D ENC-NRSN set on SATA this drive loads up first The one with the old OS Windows Pro and Replaced my motherboard, reinstalled Windows 7 Pro SP1, freezing happens OpenSUSE and documents and stuff on it TB WD FAEX Current OS Windows Pro Have not done Windows Update due to that fact that I have to call MS to get a new product key for it RAM CORSAIR VENGEANCE GB x GB DDR - MHZ CMZ GX MZA C PSU W Corsair CX CPU Fan Coolmaster Vortex Plus Chasis Corsair Graphite Series T After rebuilding up my computer Installed only Windows Pro SP bit I installed Kaspersky Antivirus the Drivers that came with mobo CD and drivers that came with the CD for my Graphics card and drivers for my wireless mouse I downloaded Chrome and Dashlane and everything was fine until I logged on to Dashlane via Chrome everything froze So I rebooted the OS logged back in Everything was fine until it frozed again So I realized that my attempt to log onto my password manager - Dashlane was freezing up my computer So I rebooted again I uninstalled Dashlane and it was doing good Until I want to do another test I downloaded Star Trek Online and when I double click it to open up and it load up and a minute later it froze I mean the OS system froze I'm not getting light activity from HDD I realized I have Chrome open so I rebooted and got on Win I made sure I disable running Chrome in the back ground and made sure it Chrome browser is not running So I loaded up Star Trek Online it loaded up and runs I have to down load the patch so as it been downloading it was downloading the patch for minutes and it got to of download and the computer froze again So I'm out of ideas but two ideas I was wondering may be my CPU cannot handle my motherboard because the motherboard is a overclocking board and my CPU is not made for overclocking OC My Graphics card is a OC card but my RAM is not made for OC So I figured the freezing is caused by my CPU or RAM Your thoughts If this is for Hardware section MODs can move it there if not it can stay on this thread Thank you and I look forward for responses Ryan

A:Replaced my motherboard, reinstalled Windows 7 Pro SP1, freezing happens

If it were me, I'd start by NOT overclocking anything, if you have, and see how it runs. If the computer is simply locking up without any indication of what's causing it, I'd reinstall windows with only your 500GB drive plugged in. Load the necessary drivers to get online to run your windows updates. Before installing anything else, including your AV software, I'd try to run your windows updates. Of course without AV you'll want to make sure you're not browsing the web for anything other than updating. If you're still locking up, then you may need to check the drivers you've got installed. If you can boot to safe mode with networking, perhaps download the newest drivers for your hardware and see what happens.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/replaced-my-motherboard-reinstalled-windows-7-pro-sp1-freezing-happens-983545.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi Please help I have just replaced my motherboard on my computer to a asrock g m-vs Using the existing hard drive as soon BSOD at crashes startup Replaced motherboard, Windows as the windows logo starts it will crash bluescreen for secs Now the problem with that is by looking up on the net I need to change the sata mode But with this asrock motherboard I have no sata mode Cant find it Must be just been a cheap one So I put that hard drive in another computer did the exact thing so I changed the sata mode From AHCI to IDE Replaced motherboard, Windows crashes at startup BSOD and it starts works perfect So there noway off getting it to work on the other computer without reinstalling everything Problem is that I need all the programs to stay installed because I am a real estate and wont be able to get a new cd key till monday So I tried backing up on my other computer to an image Then found another hard drive and went into recovery mode to install the image I have got it on a USB external hard drive So it finds it all I click the image and it straight away says system imaged restore failed No disk that can be used for recovery the system disk can be found Starting to get very annoyed Any suggestions would be great nbsp

A:Replaced motherboard, Windows crashes at startup BSOD

Is this your first computer build?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replaced-motherboard-windows-crashes-at-startup-bsod.184636/
Relevancy 73.1%

My mother's computer recently had the integrated graphics card died I replaced HDD to or unable Windows partition install Replaced motherboard, the motherboard with the exact same model and part number and I'm now trying to reinstall Windows When I boot from the Windows installation disc it loads to the screen where I can select the language and then the choice of either quot install now quot or quot repair your computer quot I first tried loading the repair option as I need to clear the C drive and create a new petition That just sat there loading for hours and never did anything I then tried the quot install now quot option and the quot setup is starting quot always just sits there loading but never actually does anything I have also tried hitting Shift F to get to the command prompt and loading DISKPART Replaced motherboard, unable to install Windows or partition HDD to try partitioning he hard drive that way but it just hangs and never loads or allows Replaced motherboard, unable to install Windows or partition HDD me to input any more commands I have tried changing everything in the BIOS from completely disabling the floppy drive which the computer doesn't have disabling onboard LAN and audio and switching between AHCI and IDE for the SATA type I have also tried changing between PCI-E GPU and Onboard Graphics since the computer only has an integrated GPU right now Basically I have tried every combination I can think of What can I possibly do from here to resolve this problem

A:Replaced motherboard, unable to install Windows or partition HDD

Why didn`t you just install a video card ?

Set the bios to defaults and try again.

There`s no reason diskpart shouldn`t work, last resort, make and use a Partition Wizard Boot CD to format and setup the drive.

Is there a secure boot option in the bios ? Is it disabled ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/379109-replaced-motherboard-unable-install-windows-partition-hdd.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Dear times - load slow Windows program Very XP All I recently upgraded my computer to the following MSI Neo Motherboard Gb Crucial Balistix ram E Intel core Duo GTS Mb Nividia graphics card Windows XP - Very slow program load times Seagate Gb SATA main drive xSeagate Gb in Windows XP - Very slow program load times Raid config Both Windows and Linux boot from the main drive not raid Now the problem is a bit of a wierd one and started after installing Windows XP - Very slow program load times all the Windows programs on a fresh install Its this computer boots fine if a little slowly given the hardware spec Desktop appears no problems and does not appear to be slow Start a non Microsoft application doesn t seem to matter what and it can take up to minutes to start Further to this - network access appears to be painfully slow for the first part and copying files to and from this computer across the network can take hours instead of minutes Now comes the wierdness Starting a Microsoft application such as IE seems to kick the computer into action and starts the other non-microsoft app - most of the time Starting any application while copying files across the network and the transfer speed skyrockets but as soon as the app is finished loading and the speed drops right back to bugger all again Running two file copies across the network to the same machine and the copy speed is fast As soon as one finishes the speed drops right back down again on the other Once an app starts it generally onyl takes a few seconds to start again Starting the app in Safe Mode has no problems and it starts in seconds Once started in safe more it appears to work correctly in normal mode for a while i have noticed a number of network dropouts and freezes There has been lots of other wierdness but I cannot remember them all So I have done the following to try and resolve this Trawled for weeks to try and find a solution but without much success Reinstalled windows from scratch with and without the raid array connected Tried installing and testing the setup after each install but it appears to be random cleaned out the system temp files etc Stripped out as many services as possible turned off Microsoft update and reverted to running Windows update not microsoft update manually Tried running both latest and supplied drivers for all hardware All in all I have not had much success OH While I remember I have computers - the other Intel machine has the same symptoms the AMD one does not Linux is not affected Please please can you give me a few pointers to try I have enclosed the HiJackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files CTAudSvc exe C WINDOWS ATKKBService exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAANTMon exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files Module Loader DLLML exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files Module Loader DLLML exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS CTHELPER EXE C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM CTXFISPI EXE C Program Files Canon Memory Card Utility iP D PDUiP DMon exe C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C Program Files Creative Volume Panel VolPanlu exe C WINDOWS system CTXFIHLP EXE C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files ASUS SmartDoctor SmartDoctor exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS System s... Read more

Relevancy 67.94%

Hi Guys I have a new laptop and here s what happened I couldn t access Dropbox com although others on the same network could and I could access other sites just fine I installed Malwarebytes Spybot and Avast updated and ran them each - nothing found From then it started taking a long time Professional Windows Long - 7 Times Load to load Windows 7 Professional - Long Load Times the quot Welcome quot screen with spinning blue wheel would show for minutes and processes IE chrome etc would hang So I downloaded and ran Combofix and it caught the SysWow virus and deleted a bunch of related files It seems to be acting better now but not as good as new and I want to be sure I ve killed it I recently ran Combofix with safe mode and OTL with default settings Both logs are attached Any help would be much appreciated Moderator Edit Moved topic from Windows to the more appropriate forum Combofix and OTL logs are allowed ONLY in Malware Removal Logs Queen-Evie

A:Windows 7 Professional - Long Load Times

Thanks, QE! Does anyone have any updates?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/462953/windows-7-professional-long-load-times/
Relevancy 67.94%

I have this computer it goes to the login screen,i long in,and then it jus loads...it does that like 4 times a month,then i have to go in safe mode then shut it back off and lastly retart windows normally what could this be

i have Malwarebytes and avira Running and they dont pick up anything. so i dont know

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wont-load-into-windows-at-times.815236/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hey everyone I am having a heck of CPU, new load in motherboard Put and Windows. won't a time with my new hardware I finally got my new motherboard and CPU installed I'm afraid I don't have the info in front Put in new motherboard and CPU, won't load Windows. of Put in new motherboard and CPU, won't load Windows. me but I believe the motherboard is an MSI Military Grade III or something like that and the CPU I wanna say is Put in new motherboard and CPU, won't load Windows. an A k or something like that It's a quad-core GHz Before I changed everything out everything worked fine I obviously knew that it wasn't going to just work right away But this is a little ridiculous After a while of troubleshooting I have figured out that it keeps getting stuck on trying to load the old video card driver doesn't find it craps itself and then restarts I have a CD with all the new drivers on it but I can't get into any form of Windows to actually install it All of the boot menu options do the same thing Unlike every single previous version of Windows that have an option to do a basic VGA driver boot all of the options in this menu appear to use the driver that you have installed So apparently if your video driver is bad you are boned Does anyone have any suggestions on this It really shouldn't just be constantly rebooting like this When I get a chance I'm going to try and put in the old card and see if it will recognize it because I just now thought of that as of this typing and it would definitely be worth a try but I'm wondering if there might be some super easy or obvious thing that I'm overlooking here Any advice would be much appreciated Thanks

A:Put in new motherboard and CPU, won't load Windows.

Hello maloy mate try it without the card you can sort that later if need be best get the OS up and running before the fine tuning is really necessary.

Then you can download the latest drivers eh?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/278002-put-new-motherboard-cpu-wont-load-windows.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi all I'm hoping you can help me My dad's PC has taken a turn for the worse and as per he's relying on me to come up with some kind of solution It's a Packard Bell running with Windows Vista It started when it got Windows won't New Motherboard, load. the BSOD I managed to clear it up a little and it worked on and off for a day or two But the SOD just kept coming back At one point though I went to restart the PC and it was just dying before anything loaded It made a desperate attempt to power it self then just gave up A friend of my dads passed it on to a tech shop who basically said that the motherboard was dead and the ram too something something my dads friend didn't explain it very well We don't New Motherboard, Windows won't load. have a disk for Windows Vista but I had assumed New Motherboard, Windows won't load. that the PC would just load it self again New Motherboard, Windows won't load. Something that appears briefly when it starts loading is the following information I don't know if it's relevant but I'll share it anyway America Megatrends AMIBIOS C American Megatrends Inc G T-M Release CPU Intel R Celeron R CPU E e GHz Press DEL to run Setup Press F for BBS Popup The MCH is operating with DDR Single Channel Mode MB OK MB Shared Memory Size Used Auto-Detecting SATA Hard Disk Auto-Detecting SATA ATAPI CDROM SATA ST AS AAC Ultra DMA Mode- S M A R T Capable When its loaded it comes up to a start up menu like the ones where you can choose safe mode etc and offers me to gt Launch Startup Repair recommended gt Start Windows Normally When I click on Startup Repair it starts quot checking for system problems quot Then a window appears after seconds saying quot Do you want to restore your computer using system restore quot Yes quot Attempting repairs quot This would then go on for about minutes after that it would tell me quot Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically quot And gives the options of gt Send Info or gt Don't Send along with some problem details Problem Event Name StartupRepairV Problem Signature Autofallover And goes on to about maybe problems I clicked send and it just suggested restarting which takes me back to the launch start up or start normally screen again When I click Start Windows Normally it just restarts it self and takes me back to that option screen again I hope that I've been able to give you a decent amount of information so that I pray you guys can help me If there's anything else you need to know please just let me know I understand there's a lot of reading in this thread so for those of you who have taken time to try and help I really appreciate it

A:New Motherboard, Windows won't load.

when you swap the motherboard out and use the same hard drive you will need to doa reapir installation of windows and install the new motherboard drivers.

However since the system was a packard bell it means that the hardware is designed to work on packard bell designed motherboards. Its very rare that you can just put any old motherboard in and do a repair install and everything will work.

Was the motherboard from packard bell or one you got from a shop?

You cant do the automatic repair from the partition on the hard drive you will need a windows disk to do it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/new-motherboard-windows-wont-load-606668.html
Relevancy 64.93%

So I just bought a Asrock z Pro motherboard with a core i k and gigz of g skill sniper series hz I cheerfully ripped out the old stuff and put in the new and booted the first error I got right at boot was windows windows ult bit could not load so I did the automatic repair it said it didn t work so it wanted a restore so I tried that it didn t do anything whenever I try to not load on motherboard new will Windows load Windows will not load on new motherboard into windows it just rebooted So from there I did the windows command prompt under the repair and did bootrec exe fixmbr bootrec exe fixboot Windows will not load on new motherboard bootrec exe RebuildBcd After I finished that it started the windows loading screen and just froze and rebooted So I checked the BIOS it reads everything prefectly fine RAM CPU all my HDD s everything So I tried booting into a Win install disk to try to repair it was the same process Then I tried a different HDD with a different OS windows xp it did the same thing just started loading windows then froze I did try updating the BIOS to the newest version and even clearing the CMOS and repeating the steps above it did not work So I put in a fresh HDD and tried putting Win on that one it errors halfway through installing finally gave up to defeat and reassembled my old comp back in and it works fine So I have no idea what is wrong is this where I RMA I sent a message to Asrock but have no idea how long it takes them to reply Can any of you think of anything else I could try I m worried this will happen again with the replacement All drives are sata And my psu is an antec w earthwatts And the video is an ati radeon HD but I did try it without it being installed nbsp

A:Windows will not load on new motherboard

Well, the reason behind it was my old mobo didnt have ahci, only an ide setup so simply reinstalling windows solved it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-will-not-load-on-new-motherboard.169478/
Relevancy 64.93%

A few weeks ago internet explorer started to act funny sometime when I opened a new browser window it would freeze in the new window but allowed me to continue using the previously opened load windows to Have several reboot explorer fails Slow/freezing browser, often. to times. windows I had to open several new windows until suddenly one of them worked Then the whole browser started freezing at random times specially when clickin on links or opening new windows or tabs I was not able to close it and reopen I had to kill the processes using task manager and even then many times it would freeze on the first window I tried several antivirus Trendmicro AVG FProt Eset Panda some would report some infected files others none After disinfecting with Panda the browser seemingly started working fine again but Slow/freezing browser, fails to load windows explorer often. Have to reboot several times. it only lasted for less than a week After that the problems became more annoying every day The last straw was that sometimes when turning on the PC it would freeze right before loading the windows explorer so I could only see the background of my screen Usually I rebooted and it will work but today I had to reboot about times before it worked again Any help will be greatly appreciated Thanks Gabriel DDS txt log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Admin at on Mon Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Panda Global Protection On-access scanning enabled Updated BF E - F- -B A - FF FW Panda Personal Firewall enabled B DC - - BAF- -FD A C FB Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Program Files Panda Security Panda Global Protection TPSrv exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroupC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC PROGRAM FILES PANDA SECURITY PANDA GLOBAL PROTECTION WebProxy exesvchost exesvchost exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exesvchost exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Panda Security Panda Global Protection PsCtrls exeC Program Files Panda Security Panda Global Protection PavFnSvr exeC Program Files Common Files Panda Security PavShld pavprsrv exec program files panda security panda global protection firewall PSHOST EXEC Program Files Panda Security Panda Global Protection PsImSvc exec Program Files Common Files Protexis License Service PsiService exeC Program Files Panda Security Panda Global Protection PskSvc exeC Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Synergy synergys exeC Program Files Panda Security Panda Global Protection pavsrvx exeC WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files Panda Security Panda Global Protection AVENGINE EXEC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exeC Program Files Elaborate Bytes VirtualCloneDrive VCDDaemon exeC Program Files Panda Security Panda Global Protection APVXDWIN EXEC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI EXEC Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilterC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Skype Phone Skype exeC Program Files Roxio Drag-to-Disc Drgtodsc exeC Program Files Citrix GoToMeeting g mstart exeC Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare AWC exeC Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagIt exeC Program Files Citrix GoToMeeting g mcomm exeC Program Files Citrix GoToMeeting g mlauncher exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exeC Program Files TechSmith SnagIt TSCHelp exeC Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagPriv exeC Program Files Panda Security Panda Global Protection SRVLOAD EXEC Program Files Panda Security Panda Global Protection PavBckPT exeC Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exeC Program Files Sky... Read more

A:Slow/freezing browser, fails to load windows explorer often. Have to reboot several times.

Hi and welcome to the Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum,I am thcbytes and I am here to help you!I ask that you refrain from running tools other than those I suggest to you while I am cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so I know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Please perform all steps in the order received and do not proceed if you need clarification.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems please stop and tell me about it. When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide you with detailed suggestions for prevention.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if your topic is not replied I we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.I would also like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please be courteous and appreciative for the assistance provided!Again I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so. Your computer fix will be based on the current condition of your computer! Any changes might delay my ability to help you.==========I see you have uTorrent installed!Using any peer-to-peer (P2P) or file sharing program (i.e. Limewire, eMule, Kontiki, BitTorrent, uTorrent, BearShare, Azureus/Vuze) is a security risk which can make your system susceptible to a sm?rg?sbord of malware infections, remote attacks, and exposure of personal information.The reason for this is that file sharing relies on its members giving and gaining unfettered access to computers across the P2P network. This practice can make you vulnerable to data and identity theft, system infection and remote access exploit by attackers who can take control of your computer without your knowledge. Even if you change the risky default settings to a safer configuration, downloading files from an anonymous source increases your exposure to infection because the files you are downloading may actually contain a disguised threat. Many malicious worms and Trojans, such as the Storm Worm, target and spread across P2P files sharing networks because of their known vulnerabilities. In some instances the infection may cause so much damage to your system that recovery is not possible and a Repair Install will NOT help!. In those cases, the only option is to wipe your drive, reformat and reinstall the OS. Even the safest P2P file sharing programs that do not contain bundled spyware, still expose you to risks because of the very nature of the P2P file sharing process. By default, most P2P file sharing programs are configured to automatically launch at startup. They are also configured to allow other P2P users on the same network open access to a shared directory on your computer. The best way to eliminate these risks is to avoid using P2P applications.P2P Software User AdvisoriesRisks of File-Sharing TechnologyP2P file sharing: Anticipate the risks....Using such programs is very likely how your computer got infected!!==========Please download ComboFix from one of these locations:Link 1Link 2Save it to your Desktop <-- Important!!!Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. Please refer to this link for instructions.Double click it & follow the prompts.As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Co... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/353214/slowfreezing-browser-fails-to-load-windows-explorer-often-have-to-reboot-several-times/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi all I have a Asus P A motherboard Last week my desktop computer started to crash every time it loaded windows and then my IDE HD died as well So I bought a new SATA HDD and installed windows xp fine on it After the installation and when windows loaded for the first time I noticed that it did not recognize my onboard LAN or audio my video card soundcard and other hardware It had the quot quot mark in the device manager beside all of them The only thing that worked was my USB drives and it recognizes my RAM slots So I downloaded my chipset motherboard drivers from my laptop and they must ve been the wrong drivers because when rebooted my machine just before it would go to load windows all that I see is a flashing cursor at the top left I formatted my new HD again and tried to reinstall windows only to get the same thing when it reboots Motherboard windows. Won't failure? load to go to the next stage of the Motherboard failure? Won't load windows. windows set up a flashing cursor Is my motherboard dead Should I flash it Any ideas nbsp

A:Motherboard failure? Won't load windows.

Any ideas? Im kinda desperate here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-failure-wont-load-windows.896332/
Relevancy 64.07%

Please help...Just built a new computer. Booted up a few times long enough to install windows. Shut the comp down and went to turn it back on later and now it will not boot and the led is not on on the mobo

Asus m5a97 mobo
amd fx6300 6 core proc
msi r7 260 vid card
Kingston hyperx fury 16gb 1866 ddr3
Thermaltake 700w atx12v psu

A:new rig booted fine a few times now will not turn on and no led on mobo

Use this guide to troubleshoot the problem http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/580000-troubleshooting-guide-problem-builds.html It will giv the answer if you follow all the steps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-rig-booted-fine-a-few-times-now-will-not-turn-on-and-no-led-on-mobo.1139310/
Relevancy 64.07%

When I switch on my PC it switches on and off several times and then starts up. Sometimes it does not start after switching on and off repeatedly, and I have to physically switch it on/off until it starts. Once it starts there is no problem it can run for hours.
When I switch off it switches off and stays off but occasionally it will start up again.
Could someone please help me solve this issue. What is the cause? How could it be repaired?

Thank you

A:Computer switches on and off several times before it is booted properly

I have no idea what the poll if for, but the 1st thing to do is "jump" and known good power supply to the machine and see if the problem pesists.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-switches-on-and-off-several-times-before-it-is-booted-properly.820557/
Relevancy 62.78%

hi. i got a new mother board and replaced it with my old one because it was faulty, i am sure i have everything in the right place, but when i turn on the computer windows xp loads a little bit then goes to a blue error screen. i have read many other forums saying that i have to put in the xp setup cd and repair it but.. when i put the cd in then boot it the cd loads the setup but just before i can choose the option for installation it goes back to that same blue error screen. any other way beside losing all my files?
help please =(

A:New Motherboard. Windows Xp not working. Setup Cd doesnt load

Please more details

From your post, it is not clear if you simply replaced the motherboard and expected everything to 'just work' after that. Sorry if I underestimate your knowledge, but if I happen to be right, you MUST install your motherboard drivers .... the only exception would be if replacing with an identical motherboard, and that, given the rate of change, would be almost impossible.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-motherboard-windows-xp-not-working-setup-cd-doesnt-load.39797/
Relevancy 62.78%

I could use some creative customer service here. My M3800 shipped with the known power-on motherboard defect. It was replaced at no charge, which was very nice. However, the replacement (2nd motherboard!) is now having the same intermittent dead / no power problem.
To get the computer running, I have to remove the case (12 screws) and un-plug the internal battery to 're-set' the electrical fault. After I put it back together, the computer starts normally. This is not very convenient, especially when meeting with new clients.
The problem is that I am being told I am outside the 3-month repair warranty. I think this stinks! It's a known issue and I would like someone at Dell to step up make my expensive computer work normally all of he time.
Yes, I have run every diagnostic known to man and the internet.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19986464
Relevancy 61.92%

Odd issue in Windows XP Pro SP My workstation that I work on daily froze times after - time entering Login fine booted 6th 5 password has Login froze 5 times after entering password - 6th time booted fine been working great with no issues I didn't install anything recently This morning I went to log in as usual Typed in password and clicked to log in then a total system freeze that required me to unplug the machine to reboot To be clear - when the freezes would occur it Login froze 5 times after entering password - 6th time booted fine would happen right there at the login screen with blue background screen never went completely blank or anything It's like the password Login froze 5 times after entering password - 6th time booted fine takes and then complete lockup without doing anything else This happened times in a row The sixth time I logged in and the screen immediately went to my desktop and my icons started to show up like nothing was wrong I'm currenty logged in so it isn't an issue now But Nothing changed between any of those times I tried so it doesn't make sense I did research this problem a bit and people are saying it can be caused by microsoft security essentials being out of date but I dont' have it installed I do regular scans for viruses malware and have symantec antivirus installed Even if the domain had a problem handling my login it wouldn't freeze up my computer specifically Any ideas of what could cause these login freezes Nothing has changed on my computer from yesterday to today yesterday everything worked great like it usually does I never went to any wierd websites either - just a couple news sites to see what's going on in the world -ChriS

A:Login froze 5 times after entering password - 6th time booted fine

A damaged user profile might, IMO.  That's one of the typical reasons users have reported login problems.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/554158/login-froze-5-times-after-entering-password-6th-time-booted-fine/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi,
A quick query... I have a Windows 7 install to which I added a Windows 8.1 install on a separate partition. This updated the bootloader software to Windows 8.1.
Now when I boot, Windows 8.1 boots and presents a graphical menu to select 8.1 or 7.
If I select 8.1 it goes straight to the logon screen of 8.1 because it has already loaded. If I select Windows 7 however, the machine restarts, then goes into 7 (Obviously because it needs to "unload" the Windows 8.1 environment.
My question is, how (technically) is this trick achieved?
Because of the restart of the computer, I am assuming a "one time" flag is set somewhere in the bootloader environment telling it to load Windows 7?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ce3144cc-bfd9-4858-b2b2-37fbcd52a36b/how-does-a-windows-81-dual-booted-with-windows-7-actually-boot-windows-7?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi I need some help with a dual booted system I have windows XP and Windows pro -bit on 7 boot p/c 7 dual won't to xp/windows system windows booted my work computer I came back to work after the holidays and was unable to boot into windows I put in the windows install disk and tried to reinstall the software but the disk just try's to repair the disk quot fixing sectors this may take over HR quot this was dual booted p/c xp/windows 7 system won't boot to windows 7 started at am ran all day when I returned to work the next day it was still running Hard drive is partitioned into gb partitions windows xp work fine but I need to install windows to run a program called quot Solidworks quot I can see the partition as drive dual booted p/c xp/windows 7 system won't boot to windows 7 E when booted into xp I can access the files and folders on the partition I want to do an install of Windows pro that will not affect these file But when I try to run the install program the repairing disk starts again The system repair tools menu does not show up We I first tried to run install the program told me I needed to be in windows to run the disk Will removing the Windows directory from the drive as I said above I have access through xp allow me to install the program again and can I do it with out losing my files Thanks in advance for any help you can give I'm at a loss Bobyt

A:dual booted p/c xp/windows 7 system won't boot to windows 7

It's interesting that it seems to want to run Disk Check
so maybe if you boot into the disk's System Recovery Options Command line to run Option 3 Disk Check command it will complete and repair the file system as it seems to be attempting.

Otherwise to reinstall you must boot into the Win7 disk to do a Clean Reinstall Windows 7. Boot the disk as shown in How to Boot A Computer from CD or DVD - YouTube.

Choose the Win7 partition, format it and install. Set it up perfectly as shown in the tutorial which shows the tools and methods to keep it that way.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/359050-dual-booted-p-c-xp-windows-7-system-wont-boot-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello genius's or genii Windows 7 7 8, Boot 0x0000248 getting Dual Windows on and booted I have an Acer Aspire on which has a GB HDD On that I have Windows home premium I've just Installed Windows Release Preview on a VHD on the internal HDD and to do that on windows went Dual booted Windows 7 and 8, getting 0x0000248 on Windows 7 Boot into Disk Management and created GB VHD which I attached I Dual booted Windows 7 and 8, getting 0x0000248 on Windows 7 Boot then made a Windows DVD which I put into the drive and booted from I got up to the HDD selection and I tapped SHIFT F I then typed DISKPART and then w o quotes quot Select vdisk file c Win vhd quot and quot attach vdisk quot and then ALT TABed back to the HDD selection screen I pressed re-fresh and chose my GB VHD I then installed to that drive After it had installed I successfully got into Windows I found that the windows was missing in the BCD so I installed EasyBCD and added Windows and the location of the installation I then re-booted the laptop to get onto Win but it came up with the error x And the digital driver can't be signed or something like that Does anyone have any suggestions Thank you in advance Edit I have managed to get the Blue windows OS selector when I turn on the computer but windows still fails to load properly

A:Dual booted Windows 7 and 8, getting 0x0000248 on Windows 7 Boot

In Windows 8:
1. Download and install Visual BCD Editor. It comes with "Dual-boot Repair" tool.
2. Run Dual-boot Repair
3. Click on "Repair BCD" -
4. For Windows 7 folder select d:\windows - assuming Windows 7 is mapped to d:. Click OK.
5. Reboot
Windows 7 should boot.

To add Windows 8 if missing in BCD:
1. Attach VHD
2. Run Dual-boot Repair - "Automatic Repair".
This will make Windows 8 boot by default.

How to add recovery on F8 - advanced boot options:
Dual-boot Repair tool - Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista - second part of page.
(Repeat when booted to Windows 7 to add its own recovery on F8, and in Windows 8 to add its own recovery.)

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/8295-dual-booted-windows-7-8-getting-0x0000248-windows-7-boot.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello genuis's or genii I have an Acer Aspire on which has a GB HDD On that I have Windows home premium I've just Installed Windows Release Preview on a VHD on the internal HDD and to do that on windows went into Disk Management and created GB VHD which I attached I 0x0000248 7 getting and Windows Windows 7 Dual Boot 8, booted on then made a Windows DVD which I put into the drive Dual booted Windows 7 and 8, getting 0x0000248 on Windows 7 Boot and booted from I got up to the HDD selection and I tapped SHIFT F I then typed DISKPART and then w o quotes quot Select vdisk file c Win vhd quot and quot attach vdisk quot and then ALT TABed back to the HDD selection screen I pressed re-fresh and chose my GB VHD I then installed to that drive After it had installed I successfully got into Windows I found that the windows was missing in the BCD so I installed EasyBCD and added Windows and the location of the installation I then re-booted the laptop to get onto Win but it came up with the error x And the digital driver can't be signed or something like that Does anyone have any suggestions Thank you in advance Edit I have managed to get the Blue windows OS selector when I turn on the computer but windows still fails to load properly

A:Dual booted Windows 7 and 8, getting 0x0000248 on Windows 7 Boot

Posted it twice, awks.......

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/8294-dual-booted-windows-7-8-getting-0x0000248-windows-7-boot.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Okay so here's the deal I had Windows Service Pack Everything was just lovely then I decided to FINALLY upgrade to Windows 3 Windows Boot Now won't past Service Pack Load Windows load Installed Screen Service Pack because some high end Adobe products I was installing suggested it for Installed Windows Service Pack 3 Now Windows won't load past Windows Boot Load Screen better compatibility Aiesh so I took the plunge and tried to upgrade to Windows Service Pack I was smart because of all the horror stories though and did a full backup up all my data including system state etc I set a system restore point the whole nine yards I upgraded with no problems but when the computer restarted it do so got past POST and the windows boot or load screen popped up with the loading bar but windows never loaded A lot of people report having problems where it get's past the windows load screen and just keeps cycle rebooting Or it'll load to the user selection screen welcome screen This is not me I am simply stuck at the windows load screen Picture below for reference So I booted into safe mode with networking searched for help EVERYWHERE and couldn't find any - By the way I could boot into safe mode safe mode with command prompt and safe mode with networking So I used my system restore point that had made before the SP upgrade and now I am typing to you from the comfort of my Service Pack But this ticks me off because I want SP on my system for the sake of those Adobe programs and just because I can't get the dern thing on there it bugs me Does anyone have a suggestion for me as to WHAT is stopping me from have a healthy running version of Windows Service Pack I ran the Service Pack install upgrade as an Administrator in safe mode with ANY program thing that could possibly affect it not running I thought I had all my bases covered but apparently not Any help suggestions It'd be nice for all the other people out there who are having this same problem to get an answer as well P S I am running Windows XP Media Center Edition Version Service Pack hopefully SP soon

A:Installed Windows Service Pack 3 Now Windows won't load past Windows Boot Load Screen

Hi sirdanceal0t,
I had a similar problem when Windows XP SP3 was released it was only designed for Intel processors, so if you have a AMD processor it will cause your system not to load, if you are running a AMD processor if i were you try and get back to the System Restore Point or if that fails reimage your pc and just before installing SP3 looks for the patch/fix for your processor model, then install SP3 and it should all be fine.

On the other hand if you have a Intel processor i woulldn't know what to advise.

Swain90

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installed-windows-service-pack-3-now-windows-wont-load-past-windows-boot-load-screen-418781.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Dear Gurus Need help it has been awhile motherboard stay replacing not will the booted after PC since working on pc hardware I have a Dell i pc The pc started to freeze up after a few minutes I did not have enough equipment to test all hardward However I did unplug the hard drive and the pc still locked up while I was in the BIOS So I took my pc to Geek Squad and they told me the motherboard went bad Therefore I called Dell and got a new motherboard I have replaced the motherboad Ensured the RAM and cabling is secure The power led to the motherboard is on However when I attempt to turn the pc on the fans to the video card PC will not stay booted after replacing the motherboard and processor starts for a split second and the powers down There is a button on the back of the power supply that if I hold down it will make the fans to continue to run but as soon as I let go of the button the pc powers off again Also while holding the botton down even though the fans are running the PC does not boot Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated This is my first time posting to this forum Thanks nbsp

A:PC will not stay booted after replacing the motherboard

Gurus, please disreagrd this post. I forgot to put to processor in. hehe... I put the fan on but did not put in the processor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-will-not-stay-booted-after-replacing-the-motherboard.183275/
Relevancy 59.34%

Strange problem that Once open/load/run, takes up, everything etc booted forever to started happening yesterday All of a sudden everything takes forever to open or run once I boot up PC boots normally everything looks great but double clicking an icon or right clicking the desktop for a menu or even trying to open the start menu takes upwards of - minutes to complete This machine has been running perfectly up to this point including yesterday The only thing I did that was out of the norm Once booted up, everything takes forever to open/load/run, etc yesterday was to try IE to download a file from a friends box account which failed anyways This was the first time in YEARS that I opened IE on this machine I have tried running malware bytes spy bot registry mechanic all with positive results I opened IE and reset internet options so that it would disable all toolbars I booted up with avast disabled When I boot into safe mode things seem to be ok although I haven't tried to fire up a program but the desktop functions normally I tried running windows updates and while it took quite some time it finally told me that I was up to date I'm not sure what else to try so any help is greatly appreciated Thanks Chris

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/382112-once-booted-up-everything-takes-forever-open-load-run-etc.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have a local area network with a PC running Windows 7 and a Macintosh G4. If I boot the Mac first, then Windows can see the Mac (which can also see the PC when it is up and running). However, if I boot Windows first, and then the Mac, Windows cannot see the Mac. This is mildly annoying, and I want to know if there is a way to get Windows to see the Mac when Windows is booted first. It may be that I have to do something on the Mac to make this happen, but I haven't a clue what that might be.

PS: I plan to upgrade Windows 7 to 10 moderately soon. Will this cure the problem? If so, then heroic actions in Windows 7 would be pointless.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/386430-windows-cannot-see-mac-unless-mac-booted-first.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello, I'm more-or-less a noob.

I have a Compaq laptop running Vista. I have run all the Windows updates and now I can't even start up. I just have Microsoft Corporation and a progress bar with a green bar crossing the screen endlessly.

I have tried an f6 start and tried a Windows to fix the problem and it said that Windows could not fix the problem. I tried a f8 safe mode and, same thing, Microsoft Corporation and a progress bar with a green bar crossing the screen endlessly.

I don't have system discs - I bought the PC with the system installed.

If anyone has any ideas I would be extremely grateful.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-windows-booted-up.935471/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi , 

With recent upgrade of Windows 10 upgrade, my computer XPS 2710 totally black out.  I have been told that mother board is gone and have to replace. With the replacement Mother Board , I think I am required to re-install the Windows 8  and I think it will ask for a Product key , since it is a replacement mother board. Please advise, with the faulty motherboard, forced to replace the Motherboard. how will be go with the reinstallation of Windows 8.   With so many details in the forum about the faulty motherboard of XPS 2710 just because of the Windows 10 upgrade. I am planning to fall back to Window 8 with the replacement mother board, pleaser advise.

Regards,
Sathish.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19679535
Relevancy 57.62%

I had windows 7 32bit home and ran into problems so I decided to install the 64bit version and it was working good then all of a sudden the computer turned off, it was like a bsod with no blue screen, the computer restarted and booted into the old 32bit version, I thought a windows install formats the hard drive, why is the old version on there? How do I get rid of it? And how do I boot back into the new 64bit version? There's no dual boot option, Any help would be appreciated, thank you

A:booted into old install of windows 7, help please

It all depends on how you "installed the 64bit version." And how were you booting into the 64bit version before? That was just how it normally booted up?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/booted-into-old-install-of-windows-7-help-please.984792/
Relevancy 57.62%

hi this is my first post on this fourm and i am wondering if anyone could help me with my windows ultimate tablet i booted when 7 up. not i windows genuine booted up and i have black desktop and quot windows build this copy of windows is not genuine quot when i try to re-activate whith my key i get an activation error here is the MGADiag report Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- windows 7 not genuine when i booted up. gt Validation Code x FE Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - -V -FGM - C T Windows Product Key Hash rmk OjF iZq gQoRmEcpnJHr oc Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product windows 7 not genuine when i booted up. ID Type Windows License Type OEM SLP Windows OS version ID E - - C -AE E- E D Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX Registered Signed By Microsoft Product Name Windows Ultimate Architecture x Build lab win gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications windows 7 not genuine when i booted up. Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status Genuine Microsoft Office Enterprise - Genuine OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - E AD EA- -d E AD EA- - E AD EA- - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt File Mismatch C Windows system sppobjs dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppc dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppcext dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppwinob dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system slc dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system slcext dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppuinotify dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system slui exe Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppcomapi dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppcommdlg dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppsvc exe Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system drivers spsys sys Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system systemcpl dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system user dll Hr x b Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt E - - C -AE E- E D lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - - C T lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt LENOVO lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt W R lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt LENOVO lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt JET WW lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt E B FE lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Eastern Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt LENOVO lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt TP- J lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Product GUID quot - - - - FF CE quot gt lt LegitResult gt lt LegitResult gt lt Name gt Microsoft ... Read more

A:windows 7 not genuine when i booted up.

This may simply be caused by a bad set of Intel Rapid Storage Technology drivers -

Installing the Intel Rapid Storage Drivers
try downloading and installing them from here - http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=2101&DwnldID=21730

(you want the iata_enu.exe download)

Once complete, please reboot twice, then post another MGADiag report.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/267482-windows-7-not-genuine-when-i-booted-up.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi everyone,

I bought my computer around 2011 from my local computer shop, one thing I noticed was the bios, 'starting windows' splash screen and system recovery options never came up, however are still functional (as I once did a blind system restore to great success).

An automatic update last night bricked Windows and is unable to start, therefore the system recovery options, safe mode etc do not show up. I've lost my reference to do a blind system restore so that option is no longer available; are there any ways I can manage to get system restore, or at the very least a visible BIOS so I can perform a simple system restore to get my computer back.

I'm good with computers, however not good enough to build my own, the motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-Z68M-D2H.

Any help would really be appreciated!
Cheers

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/385553-no-display-apart-booted-os-windows-7-x64.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I was running 32bit windows 7 and ran into a bunch of problems so I installed the 64bit version and everything was running great then all of a sudden the computer turns off, it was similar to a blue screen except there was no blue screen. My computer restarted and when I logged back in it was the old 32bit version from before, I thought a fresh install formats the drive? How can I get rid of this 32bit version and log back into the 64bit version, there's no dual boot option if that's the case. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

A:booted into old install of windows 7, help please

Hello thefabman, welcome to Seven Forums!

Before we make any specific recommendations will you please post a snip/screen-shot of the entire disk management drive map with a full description as to which drive/partition is which, so we can see what you have going on as there may be a fairly simple way to resolve the situation.

In the Windows start menu right click computer and click manage, in the left pane of the "Computer Management" window that opens click disk management and post a snip of that.

How to Upload and Post a Screenshot and File in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/149328-booted-into-old-install-windows-7-help-please.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Dell Inspiron laptop Unit booted into while windows Beeps was in sleep mode Power button was tapped to wake the unit About seconds after the unit become fully awakened unit emitted a series of beeps for several seconds No errors displayed on screen I have googled somewhat as where to look to Beeps while booted into windows find a log or the sort for this but have not found anything The unit appears to be running fine I did have a not responding in the titlebar of FF later but that could be due to a large number of tabs open I have looked through event viewer to try and locate anything related but dont really know what to look for or Beeps while booted into windows if I am looking in the correct area even I have had the unit for over years have never had beeps before havent added any hardware recently I dont know if the following could be related but I have been getting the checkdisk on startup last few weeks always checks good I have ran the wd health tools they show good Where does one locate the log related to the beeps that occured if they do make a log nbsp

A:Beeps while booted into windows

Anyone have an idea where to look?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/beeps-while-booted-into-windows.975347/
Relevancy 57.19%

Recently bought a new Inspiron 3541 everytime I boot the laptop makes high pitched series of 5 beep as long as the bios loads. I have replaced the CMOS battery twice and I still get the same effect. If there is a solution please tell me, if none I'll be happy to call it defective.

A:Dell Inspiron 15 3541 keeps beeping 5 times, CMOS battery replaced at least twice.

Hi Insporonist,
Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.
Disconnect AC adapter & Notebook Battery and then remove the CMOS, start the laptop once only with the adapter and check if the beeps are observed.
Please update the BIOS to the latest version available on Dell Support site.
Please private message us the service tag of the system.
Kindest Regards,
DELL-Akshatha M
Social Media and Community Professional
#IWork4Dell

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19666848
Relevancy 57.19%

we have a compaq proliant 1600 server with 3 -9gig raid scsi drive running windows nt 4.0.we are getting a message saying at least one service or driver failed meassage then it and then it improperly shuts down.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-nt-booted-improper-shutdown.670491/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have this Problem, I just did a System Recover on My Pc, The problem is WINDOWS UPDATE was telling me to Update on some critical updates which I did but IT took alot Space on my hardrive during this ProcessON my C drive I now have half of it Full , befor I only had around 8 gigs of space out of a 30 gig Drive, so no I have around 16 gigs of used space, Is this right for all the Critical Updates ??? Do I really Need or should I just use a good Virus program. I have Windows Xp Home Edition

A:I Just Booted My Computer. Why Does Windows Update...

8GBs for updates is way too much. When you say that you used the system recover and you referring to the recovery console?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/55036/i-just-booted-my-computer-why-does-windows-update/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hey guys Anyway I'm having a rather annoying issue that started a few days ago What happens is that when I boot stops Windows booted when responding is PC 7 up the computer it works fine until I get to the desktop in which case I see that loading circle by my mouse and then Windows stops responding All my desktop icons and the taskbar disappear and all I can see is my desktop background Sometimes the screen turns black and I can't Windows 7 stops responding when PC is booted use Ctrl Alt Del or anything My mouse still moves around though I don't remember the exact wording but the error basically says that Windows has stopped responding but may return in a few minutes which it Windows 7 stops responding when PC is booted doesn't unless I have to wait an obscenely long time I have to manually shut off the computer and restart it and then it works fine after I quot Start Windows Normally quot from the black screen that comes up when you don't properly shut off your PC So long as the OS doesn't crash on startup my computer works just fine I think I know what the culprit is I downloaded the free version of AVG and used that PC tuneup thing they have that deletes junk files and fixes registry errors and what not and the next time I booted my computer after I did that is when this started happening The thing is that I already tried doing a system restore right before I even installed AVG and the problem still hasn't been fixed I also tried verifying that all my Windows files were there with cmd exe and everything was apparently there I haven't downloaded any new drivers for anything in a long time so that's not the problem I looked in administrative events in event viewer and saw nothing relevant to the issue in today's date I have MalwareByte's Anti Malware avast and recently AVG all up to date and none of them detect anything which admittedly I find somewhat suspicious as nothing as been found in a long long time I really have no idea what the problem is so any help would be appreciated Thank you in advance Also here are my specs in case they're useful for whatever reason Let me know if any other information is needed though I think I covered everything I hope ASUS M N TD EVO AM NVIDIA nForce a SLI ATX AMD Motherboard GIGABYTE GV-N OC- GI GeForce GTX Fermi x SLI AMD Phenom II X Black Edition Deneb GHz x KB L Cache MB L Cache Socket AM W Quad-Core Processor G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model Corsair TX W -Watt Power Supply Western Digital Caviar Black WD AALS GB RPM MB Cache SATA HDD

A:Windows 7 stops responding when PC is booted

Hi Champ721

I need a few things in order to help you.

First as you have 2 anti-virus programs running, you will have to remove one otherwise that will cause system conflicts. I'd keep Avast and remove AVG using the AVG Removal Tool make sure to choose the correct one when following the link. You will either want the 32bit or 64bit remover depending on your OS. Reboot will be required after removing. The PC Tuneup that comes with AVG will do more harm than good.

Can you download and install Autoruns and run it. Let it generate all the information (shouldn't take long) then go File>Save and save the AutoRuns.arn file to the desktop. Zip it (right click on the .arn file and select 'send to' and choose 'Compressed zipped folder) and attach it back. Basically want to have a look and see if we can figure out what may be interfering.

Also, once the above has been done, do: Window Key+R and type MSCONFIG and hit OK.
Under 'Services tab', tick 'Hide all Microsoft Services' and then uncheck the remaining programs and 'Apply'
Then under 'Startup tab' - Uncheck anything not Microsoft related then 'Apply' and OK

Then reboot and see if that helps. Trying to see if a program or something else may be interfering. (probably AVG, but want to be sure)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-stops-responding-when-pc-is-booted-564403.html
Relevancy 57.19%

hi i got windows 7 and ubunut on a dual boot i want to get rid of ubunut and remove it , how do i do this please help me
also i want to get rid of the grub as well thanks

A:Windows 7 dual booted with ubuntu

How to remove Ubuntu Linux from dual boot

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/305425/windows-7-dual-booted-with-ubuntu/
Relevancy 57.19%

I recently dual booted my Windows xp with windows 7 ultimate .Everything works fine other than the sound in 7 while in xp sound is there

A:no sound in dual booted Windows 7

Check in Device Manager to see if there are any next to your devices. It probably doesn't have the driver installed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/348272-no-sound-dual-booted-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi, I'm a tech and I've run into a little problem. I have a users machine that will not boot, and needs to be wiped/reloaded.

However, there's no Windows cd key sticker on the PC, and the user does not have it anymore. I know cd keys can easily be grabbed while using the Windows installation, but I am unable to find a tool that can grab the cd key and windows version (Pro/Home/etc) off an installation that isn't currently running. IE: I've got the hard drive plugged up to my PC, and I need to get the cd key from it.

Is there any program that can do that?

A:How to get Windows verzion/cd key off old installation that cannot be booted?

I only know of programs that will get the key while XP is running but not if you can't boot from it. Try booting insafe mode. Here is one I use.

Good luck!!!

Number Nein

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-get-windows-verzion-cd-key-off-old-installation-that-cannot-be-booted.723916/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi,i'm new here so sorry if i broke any rules.
My PC just had a hard time booting because of startup repair,but it booted eventually,i'm scared to turn it off now though.I had about 3 BSOD since i bought the PC,and the pc is relatively new,some of the BSOD were during browsing i think.The PC hasn't got any other problems and is fast.I've concluded that the problem might be in the hard drive,what i seriously hope is not,because i have 2 hard drives in my PC,and one has a terabyte of size,so i can't back that up.Any other explanations?Thanks in advance.

A:Windows 7 barely booted,what could be the problem?

Post up the BSOD file in our Crashes forum for expert analysis: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions - Windows 7 Forums

Until then work through these Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7 to establish a Clean Boot, scan the logs for repeat errors to google, utilize System Resources to find solutions to problems. I would also test my hardware to get that out of the way.

Check optional Windows Updates for newer drivers or hotfixes after enabling Automatically get recommended drivers and updates for your hardware.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/233040-windows-7-barely-booted-what-could-problem.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Our users have IE and We keep them locked into place by pointing IE to our firewall product tools gt internet options gt pages just - load to for 1-hour+ Users no unable websites are error, load times connections gt lan settings so that only approved sites are the ones that our people can access In the last few days several of them report issues with specific websites loading very slowly - load times of over an hour just to get the log-in screen to appear Troubleshooting Steps Unchecked the quot use proxy server for your LAN quot under the IE menus--- Site resolves instantly as it should--- This pointed me to the direction that perhaps the site wasn t configured for our firewall Re-checked the quot use proxy server quot box and specifically configured the site in our firewall--- Site continues to resolve slowly with Users are unable to load websites - no error, just 1-hour+ load times for pages the same load times as before performing step That would normally indicate that the problem is on the vendor s end Something may be wrong with their site And that s the Users are unable to load websites - no error, just 1-hour+ load times for pages line of thought I was pursuing until I was reported back to that the users are having the same problem on other websites These new websites they re having problems with are and have been for a long time configured properly in the firewall I m not sure what my next step is to pursue What am I looking for now I don t know enough about networking to figure out where to track next

A:Users are unable to load websites - no error, just 1-hour+ load times for pages

Bump.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/387038/users-are-unable-to-load-websites-no-error-just-1-hour-load-times-for-pages/
Relevancy 56.76%

My old motherboard stopped working, so while it's getting repaired, I decided to swap it with another one (different model). The problem is, Windows 7 won't boot anymore. I get a blue screen of death and the system keeps rebooting. Now I know replacing a motherboard with an old install is not a good idea, but I really need the files and programs I have on my hard drive. I don't want to do a fresh install either because I'll be putting back my old board once it's repaired. I tried a "automatic repair", but with no success. Am I out of options? The old board is an ASUS M4A78-PLUS and the new one is an ASUS M2N68-AM.

Any suggestion?

A:Replaced motherboard...

Quote: Originally Posted by ToffeeC

My old motherboard stopped working, so while it's getting repaired, I decided to swap it with another one (different model). The problem is, Windows 7 won't boot anymore. I get a blue screen of death and the system keeps rebooting. Now I know replacing a motherboard with an old install is not a good idea, but I really need the files and programs I have on my hard drive. I don't want to do a fresh install either because I'll be putting back my old board once it's repaired. I tried a "automatic repair", but with no success. Am I out of options? The old board is an ASUS M4A78-PLUS and the new one is an ASUS M2N68-AM.

Any suggestion?

Are the BIOS settings on the new MB "in agreement" with the old MB BIOS?

If you ever get to a Win7 Boot Manager screen, run the Memory Diagnostics.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/19331-replaced-motherboard.html
Relevancy 56.76%

A couple weeks ago my motherboard suddenly stopped working overnight. (I tested all of my other components with another (similar) computer and everything else was working fine.) I just finally got around to replacing the motherboard with an identical one. However, when it boots up it prompts me to select from Safe Mode/Last Known.../Star Windows Normally/etc.. If I choose Start Windows normally, it just freezes and nothing happens. If I choose Last Known Good Configuration, the screen turns all black and nothing happens. And if I choose one of the Safe Mode options, a list of filenames (I think) fill up the screen and then nothing happens.

The computer I used to test my parts also uses the exact same kind of motherboard, and I had no problem using my hard drive with that. Any thoughts? And thank you very much in advance.

Relevancy 56.76%

Hey again, I opened up a post early last week to help me and one of the members agreed with my Diagnostic of a dead Mobo so I did the good thing, Asked my friend if they wanted to get the new motherboard in their computer and they agreed, So heres my dilemma:
Bought new Mobo: 40
Computer doesn't work still!
Tried new CPU
Tried removing RAM still nothing

The link to the old post is here: http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/1038336-no-video-motherboard-but-boots.html

Relevancy 56.76%

I was chatting with a Lenovo technican and she says that the motherboard might need to be replaced because the charger port is integrated in the motherboard but that would be too expensive.Is there any otheer kind of way the charger port can be replaced or is that the only way?

A:Would my motherboard need to be replaced on my Len...

First, I must say that I have never taken one of that model apart.  I am just looking at the service manual.  It looks to me that the charging port is soldered to the motherboard, as you were told.  Sometimes, if you look at the port, you can figure out that it is similar to one on another model and if you can find a damaged motherboard with a good port, you can do an "organ transplant".  Very few shops do that kind of repair.  The shop would need to have a good rework station, the port and spend the time to disassemble and reassemble.  The repair might not be cheaper than the motherboard, but I cannot be sure without examining it.  Sorry.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Would-my-motherboard-need-to-be-replaced-on-my-Lenovo-100-15ibd/td-p/3477534
Relevancy 56.76%

My Motherboard is dead and has to be replaced. I believe I will have to re-activate my legitimate XP Pro installation when I install a new motherboard. Is this the case? Do I also have to download service pack 2 again ? Thank you for your advice.

A:Replaced Motherboard

Yes, a new motherboard almost always requires a new activation. Only on a couple of rare occassions did I not have to reactivate.

And with motherboard changes, I usualy had to deal with the automated voice activation first, then go to a live person. It's usually a process that takes less than 5 minutes now.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/replaced-motherboard-195742.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop This last weekend I started it up as Motherboard replaced being usual and when it was done booting up I noticed that it was running from the battery Thinking that a c cord was unplugged I reached around to check Motherboard being replaced it out However the a c cord was plugged in I did notice though that Motherboard being replaced it was wobbly I unplugged it and plugged it back in several times and it kept running off of the battery So I called the Dell tech support and after telling them all of this they determined the motherboard was bad so they are sending the parts and a tech person to my house to fix it I have two questions though Why does the whole motherboard need to be replaced Will I lose anything on my harddrive or do I need to do anything while I have some battery left so that I don t lose anything Thanks for the help nbsp

A:Motherboard being replaced

If they replace the motherboard with the same model then you shouldn't have any troubles.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-being-replaced.171893/
Relevancy 56.76%

I just replaced my motherboard ( that died) with a ASROCK K7VM3, I have not change and of the jumpers on the drives I hooked the all up the way they were when I took the MOBO out, and It will not find anything. Primary, Secondary, CD, or the A drive. The fan works and you can tell that it is up and running now, but it is not finding any thing . Is there something ( in the setup) that I am suppose to do? I thought it was pretty much all plug and play.. Thanks in advance

A:I replaced my motherboard, now what?

Hmm so you installed the stuff for your new Mobo from the CD & the OS?

I thought it was pretty much all plug and playClick to expand...

Well it pretty much is but you have to do alot of technical stuff 1st :haha:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-replaced-my-motherboard-now-what.63754/
Relevancy 56.33%

I just dual booted my computer that had Vista installed and dual booted it with Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit. Whenever I boot into Windows 7 I can't connect to internet because my connection is not detected. I see a list of other wireless networks but mine does not appear. Can somebody please help me?

A:No Internet Connection On Windows 7? (Dual Booted)

Did you install the system drivers on the new install?

Please post the system parameters and specs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-internet-connection-on-windows-7-dual-booted-488244.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey i have a problem with a dell dimension desktop, i recently decided i would like to reinstall my installation of XP Media Center. The XP CD boots, loads everything it needs to start the installation but then gives me a Blue Screen. It doesn't even allow me load the recovery utilities that come with the CD. Anybody got any ideas on how i should tackle this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-cd-blue-screen-of-death-when-its-booted.657253/
Relevancy 56.33%

So I got some sort of nasty virus on Windows 7, but luckily I have my PC set up to dual-boot to Ubuntu as well. When I boot into Windows 7, I only have a screen for 2 seconds until a blue screen appears and shows a file dump. I tried booting in Safe Mode and running Malware, and it scanned and completed but when deleting the infected files, the blue screen and file dump happened again. I need Windows back. Is there any way I do a virus scan for Windows while in Ubuntu? Both OS are installed on the same HD. Thanks for the help!

Also, I'm running 64-bit Windows if that matters.

Relevancy 56.33%

Hello everyone, I'm not sure if I am allowed to post this on here since its partially about windows 8, so if it's not allowed then I apologize.

First off I have a 2TB internal HDD and 1.75TB of that is for windows 7 the rest for 8, and everything runs okay at the moment as I symlinked my steam games.

Anyway, I can access windows 8 safe mode easily enough through the select operating system screen, but how do I now access windows 7's safe mode? it must be possible, preferably without booting into it.

I may not have looked hard enough and if it's extremely simple I'm going to feel stupid

A:How can I get into safe mode when dual booted with windows 8?

Hello Cryptoncore,

You might be interested in option two and three in this tutorial.

If you want it the easy way (which I recommend), you might want to read this tutorial (it is on Eight Forums, but this works on both Windows 7 and 8), it will explain how to add all boot options to your context menu, which is very useful in both Windows 7 and 8.
Good luck and keep us posted,
Nommy

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/297416-how-can-i-get-into-safe-mode-when-dual-booted-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I did an Update and Shutdown last night. This morning after booting up, everything was different. A different wall paper, most items from my desktop and systray missing, only a few items on the start screen, and a couple of apps asking for passwords on the desktop.

Before panicking, I logged out, and logged back in again. Everything then came up normal. I only have one account. Any idea of what happened.

A:Windows Booted to Strange Account After Update

Im going to make a guess here and say that you either have malware on your system and/or were hacked. The totally different desktop and the fact that there were strange apps asking for your password makes me think someone is trying to get at your data. I would update any anti-malware programs you have installed and restart into safe mode and run all the scans you can.

If you dont have any installed, I recommend:
Comodo Internet Security
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
SuperAntiSpyware

Run them in that order as well. See what this brings up.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/72834-windows-booted-strange-account-after-update.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello,

Recently I bought two SSDs and attempted to transfer W7 from my HDD (E:) to SSD (C:) using the clone feature on the program EaseUS Todo Backup. I made an exact clone and now when I attempt to boot from the SSD it states that it is not a bootable drive. When I boot from the HDD, however it boots properly. What makes it strange is, even though I am booting from the HDD, the Resource monitor is showing that some of my system processes are running off the SSD. I do not have a W7 professional disc available right now to try startup repairs.

Any suggestions on what this might be?
Thanks!

A:Windows running off two separate drives when booted.

Post a screen print of Disk Management using tutorial instructions by Brink.
Make sure everything is maximized so all info is shown in your screen print.

Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/387236-windows-running-off-two-separate-drives-when-booted.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Ok guys I have the following issue Yesterday I dropped my laptop After a reboot it continued to work fine for about an hour before it froze I force-rebooted the system only to get to a Windows menu that eventually said something like Booted problem 7 repair live usb Windows quot Windows will try to solve the problems and restart quot A restart did follow however this the time the booting never even reached the Windows logo boot part but instead gave a quot A disk read error occurred quot At this point I am near certain it is a hardware issue and from what I have read it is likely a faulty RAM or hard drive Nevertheless I decided to try a Windows live usb boot repair The first time it booted Booted Windows 7 live usb repair problem normally and I decided to complete a Windows memory diagnostic before anything else just for a check I left the computer while the diagnostic was ongoing and returned to see a responsive mouse cursor on a black screen I waited for a while a while and then had to reboot it again Then the computer started booting and right after the Windows Logo it gave me again the same mouse cursor on a black screen I tried again with safe mode - same P s I read somwhere Windows live usb requires usb ports and mine are all what do you think about this issue I would like to perform a windows repair how could you help me Lastly could you tell me any other bootable live usb programs that I can use to check if it is my ram that is broken or my hard drive or something else At this point my goal is first to attempt a software recovery repair and if that yields not result to search for the faulty hardware - most probably ram or hard drive Could you guide me Any remarks advices would be of use Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/392770-booted-windows-7-live-usb-repair-problem.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Been awhile since I last had an issue with my laptop but it seems today was the turning point The problem is quot fixed quot as of right now but I have no idea why it happened and my fix does bring much comfort After installing update last night my computer shut down fine but after booting it up around pm it opened to a 8.1 up profile temporary Windows laptop to booted temp profile after failing to open my original I didn't get the blue screen with text Windows 8.1 laptop booted up to temporary profile stating it was unable to open my profile but a small bubble in the taskbar After some tense moment I decided to restart and hope it fixed itself and that seems to Windows 8.1 laptop booted up to temporary profile be case as of right now Restarting the laptop brought up the fact that the updates from Windows 8.1 laptop booted up to temporary profile last night were not installed and my laptop went through the process of updating After some time it booted right up and allowed me to sign in which lasted a bit longer then usual Checked for errors on the C drive and nothing popped up but did find profile errors in the event logs Luckily everything was fine but after hooking up an expansion drive and beginning the process of backing up my files I noticed something new under my drives It seems the ESP F drive became visible with mb of mb freed up Clicking on it showed I had no permission to do so and after some searching on the internet I was able to hide it from popping up on my desktop and under my drives I have no idea if this is tied to my profile problem but I figured bringing it up would be important since I've never seen it Anyway I'm leaving for work right now and keeping my labtop on as it backups but if anyone has any idea on how to check if this will be a continuing problem I'm all ears I'm the only person using the laptop so the sole profile on it is mine

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/75876-windows-8-1-laptop-booted-up-temporary-profile.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I wanted to reformat my laptop using a 64-bit windows 7 professional DVD, but everytime I boot it up after the installer loads and before it reaches the Installation GUI it automatically shuts down. I tried booting up my Kaspersky original CD since it has this Rescue Tools but as soon as it reaches the GUI of my laptop shuts down. The reason I wanted to reformat my laptop was because a Trojan named " JS:ScriptIP-inf" infiltrated my laptop and after changing my antivirus to kaspersky internet security 2013 my laptop just became too slow that my commonly used programs and games now takes so much time before it could open.My laptop is an MSI CX420, Core i5, 4GB RAM, 320GB HDD, ATI Mobility Radeon 5470 with 1GB dedicated memory.Hope someone could help me and thanks in advance ^^

A:laptop shuts down when booted up a Windows 7 installer

Can you run a memory test on it? There is no reason it should be doing that, because you are actually booting to the dvd. Is that correct? This sounds more like a hardware problem. Can you boot to your bios? Can you boot to safe mode?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/474268/laptop-shuts-down-when-booted-up-a-windows-7-installer/
Relevancy 56.33%

I just dual booted my computer that had Vista installed and dual booted it with Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit. Whenever I boot into Windows 7 I can't connect to internet because my connection is not detected. I see a list of other wireless networks but mine does not appear. Can somebody please help me?

A:No Internet Connection On Windows 7? (Dual Booted)

Have you tried to check if Windows 7 detects the necessary drivers? If not do the following:

1. Start
2.Rt-click computer, click manage.
3. Go to Device Manager.
4 Any drop downs don't't have the drivers
5. Rt-click go to update driver software
6. click on brows my computer for driver software
7. I'm not sure about wether you go to were you instale the driver or were the setup is. You can check that with Vista.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-internet-connection-on-windows-7-dual-booted.927588/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a HPTouchsmart PC desktop with windows installed on it nbsp I used my pc and when I was touchpad hp "on missing "Booted restart/windows 10 pcs/won't done I put it on sleep mode nbsp The next morning I "Booted missing "on hp touchpad pcs/won't restart/windows 10 went to use "Booted missing "on hp touchpad pcs/won't restart/windows 10 it and it would not boot up nbsp It goes to the screen that gives me the choice of nbsp "Booted missing "on hp touchpad pcs/won't restart/windows 10 ESC Boot Menu nbsp nbsp F Diagnostics nbsp F nbsp Set Up nbsp F System Recovery nbsp I can go to these such as Boot Menu but I am affraid I will mess something up nbsp If you don't choose any of these a black screen comes up that says nbsp bootmgr missing nbsp press Ctrl Alt Del nbsp to restart nbsp nbsp Nothing happens and goes back to black screen bootmgr missing nbsp Never had any problem before most important is recovering my pictures nbsp I have the My Passport Ultra Auto and Cloud backup TB nbsp I got to place where I got my computer ready to save on cd disc but stopped Take too many discs nbsp It won't let me go to a system recovery point because i am in i think it's called recovery mode and I can't get out of it to set a recovery point nbsp nbsp It seems that it is my OS everything that I've tested says it's ok Please anyone with any suggestions nbsp Thanks bmw

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/quot-Booted-missing-quot-on-hp-touchpad-pcs-won-t-restart/td-p/5744173
Relevancy 56.33%

Motherboard died in a custom arcade machine, Replaced motherboard but of course it will not boot. Anyway i can get the serial key for windows "out" of the hard drive? This is a custom machine with no sticker. Also, if by doing a fresh install, will I lose any data on hard drive? Does it format when fresh install? All help is greatly appreciated!

A:OS will not boot since motherboard replaced

If the old (defective) motherboard did not corrupt the hard drive, and most likely it did not, and the replacement board is identical I would suspect either an installation problem (wiring error) with the new board or a hardware problem with the new board.

Is the new/replacement board a complete board (with memory and CPU) or was there components from the old board used on the new one. That can be a sticky issue, trying to resolve where the problem is.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/258858-os-will-not-boot-since-motherboard-replaced.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Had to send my laptop off to Dell. They replaced the cooling system and motherboard. Since the motherboard was replaced, would it be a good idea to now do an OS install (I am running Vista)?

Relevancy 56.33%

I previously posted an issue that turned out to be that two slots on the motherboard weren't reading the RAM correctly This is that post SOLVED Windows BSOD with various codes on fresh install I sent the computer back to HP for repair They replaced the CPU and motherboard and sent it back All seemed to be going perfectly since yesterday until two issues happened today First I was attempting to plug in headphones to the rear panel but couldn't quite see the holes at one point the computer just completely shut off while I was getting CPU BSOD and HP Still replaced motherboard after plugging the headphones in It wouldn't start for a minute or so until I opened the case pulled out the power and turned it back on After that all Still getting BSOD after HP replaced CPU and motherboard seemed fine again Later tonight the computer froze in Windows for about seconds and then went to BSOD with PFN LIST CORRUPT and BCCODE e I'm back on now and it seems Still getting BSOD after HP replaced CPU and motherboard to be running fine but the problem was intermittent before as well The report is Still getting BSOD after HP replaced CPU and motherboard attached and the details of my computer are contained in the previous post Thank you so much for all of your help

A:Still getting BSOD after HP replaced CPU and motherboard

what are you running
video card
cpu
m/board
ram
power supply
brand
model
wattage
check the listings in the bios for voltages and temperatures and post them

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/still-getting-bsod-after-hp-replaced-cpu-and-motherboard-555576.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello all I have a custom rig that I put together a little over a year ago I recently installed some case fans and fried my motherboard I replaced it but did not re-configure BIOS It was running fine for a few hours but in the middle of playing a game online everything shut down The motherboard screen that shows when I first boot showed for a second and then it all turned off Now I am unable to turn on my computer no power is supplied My set up is an AMD Athlon x MSI K A CF motherboard old board was an MSI K AG Neo GB Corsair ValueSelect memory nVidia GeForce GT GB Samsung HDD and an Antec TruePowerTrio watt PSU motherboard, PSU? Replaced dead now So I have a few questions I suspect a bad PSU How can I test this If the PSU is bad what could have caused the problem I ve never had any problems with Replaced motherboard, now dead PSU? the PSU before Is there anything else I should have done to set up the motherboard Thanks in advance for any help you can provide me nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

Like the title says, I replaced the motherboard on this computer today, it was identical to the original, sent directly from HP. So I installed it, ate some lunch, came back to test it, and it wouldn't turn on. I double-checked the power supply connector and the power switch connector. It had occurred to me that the problem may lie with the processor, but I can't check it again until tomorrow and was hoping to get some peace of mind tonight by at least having a rough idea of what might be wrong. Can anyone offer some advice?

A:Just replaced motherboard, now won't boot

Have a look here: Tutorial: No POST (Power On System Test)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-replaced-motherboard-now-wont-boot.113840/
Relevancy 56.33%

I recently replaced my motherboard in my Solo 9300 which has windows XP. Since I've change it when I first turned the computer on it automatically opened the wizard for installing new hardware. Then I tried the internet and I get the IE screen put the page says the internet cannot be found. Since I purchased this computer used I don't have any of the cd's which I most likely need.
Please Help! I need the Windows based computer on the internet for my work.

Relevancy 56.33%

Just had my replaced motherboard replaced now I have no sound Any ideas What do I need to download I Motherboard-No sound Replaced have cheap HK speakers to Replaced Motherboard-No sound connect Also there is a red quot X quot in Device Manger next to quot Network Adapters quot Does this have anything to do with it and what is it Thanks much Here is my Belarc adviser profile Operating System System Model Windows SE build MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO LTD Processor a Main Circuit Board b megahertz Intel Pentium III kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Board MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO LTD i -W HF Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Award Software International Inc PG Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space CREATIVE CD E CD-ROM drive MITSUMI CR- TE CD-ROM drive Generic floppy disk drive quot Maxtor U Hard drive GB -- drive s n E LC rev FA SMART Status Healthy Megabytes Installed Memory Slot A has MB Slot A is Empty Slot A is Empty Local Drive Volumes c on drive GB GB free Network Drives Users Printers No details available None detected Controllers Display Standard Floppy Disk Controller Intel AA Bus Master IDE Controller Primary IDE controller dual fifo Secondary IDE controller dual fifo Intel R -DC Graphics Controller Display adapter DELL E c Monitor quot vis s n D DB August Bus Adapters Multimedia Intel AA USB Universal Host Controller Creative D Stereo Enhancement Technology Communications Other Devices U S Robotics V Fax Win Int Modem Microsoft PPP over ATM Adapter Microsoft Virtual Private Networking Adapter Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural Keyboard USB Root Hub Virus Protection McAfee VirusScan Version Scan Engine Version Virus Definitions Version Rev Realtime File Scanning Off Installed Microsoft Hotfixes Back to Top Internet Explorer SP SP Click here to see all available Microsoft security hotfixes for this computer Marks a HotFix that verifies correctly Marks a HotFix that fails verification note that failing hotfixes need to be reinstalled Unmarked HotFixes lack the data to allow verification Software Licenses Back to Top Microsoft - Internet Explorer - - - Key R D - DHG -DQ W-W DXQ- DY Microsoft - MediaPlayer - - - Microsoft - Windows SE -OEM- - Key T KQM- W G -M JYQ-QMFX - P KM e Microsoft - Word -OEM- - Key WWW D- RH K- TJ -G RK-VD YY e Microsoft - Works -OEM- - Key TM R- Q K-HXPBD-CQ TR- WTQY e Microsoft - Works Suite - - - Software Versions Back to Top Adaptec - DirectCD Version d Adaptec - Easy CD Creator Version c Adobe Acrobat Version Adobe Systems AdobeDownloadManager Version Belarc Inc - BelManage Client Version bksoft - Tri-Towers Version Brilliant Digital - BDE installer Version Creative Technology Ltd - QuickCD Version Eastman Software Inc A Kodak Business - Imaging for Windows Version InstallShield unInstaller Version Instant Update Reminder Intel R Common User Interface Version Microsoft Clip Organizer Version Microsoft Corporation - DirectShow Version Microsoft Corporation - Internet Explorer Version Microsoft Corporation - Windows Installer Version Microsoft Corporation - Windows Telephony Version Microsoft Corporation - Windows NetMeeting Version Microsoft imgstart Version Microsoft Office Save My Settings Profile Wizard Version Microsoft Office XP Version Microsoft Windows Scripting Host Version Microsoft R Chat TM Version Microsoft R Windows Media Player Version Microsoft Plus for Windows Version Microsoft Internet Services Version Microsoft Works Version Network Associates Inc - McAfee Safe amp Sound Version Network Associates Inc - McAfee Windows Guardian Version Networks Associates Technologies Inc - McAfee Instant Updater Version Networks Associates Technologies Inc - McAfee Utilities Version RealNetworks Inc - RealOne Player -bit Version RealNetworks Inc - RealOne Player -bit Version RealNetworks Inc - RealOne Player -bit Version ReplaceCD exe Seagate Software Inc - Backup Sharman Networks - Kazaa Media Desktop Version The Gat... Read more

A:Replaced Motherboard-No sound

Have you installed the driver?
http://www.soundcard-drivers.com/drivers/56/56061.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replaced-motherboard-no-sound.215971/
Relevancy 56.33%

I just replaced my motherboard w/ a Asus A7V333 and when I turn on my PSU (Antec True Power 480W) the Green LED on the motherboard comes on indicating that there's power from the PSU.

But when I hit the case power button, nothing happens. No fans come on or hard drive activity. It's as if I didn't do anything.

It may be that I have the case power switch plugged into the motherboard incorrectly but it does clearly say "ATX Power Switch" where I plugged in the case power switch. I also plugged in the "reset SW" to the motherboard "Reset SW" header.

Is there a way to bypass the case power button and jump it from the motherboard to get it started?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Relevancy 56.33%

Alright, my friend had his computer running one day when it died out on him so he took it to a computer repair store and they told him it needed a new motherboard. So he contacted the company and they send him a new motherboard under warranty.

He received it today and I replaced it all and everything is connected correctly...The motherboard is a DFI LanParty UT.

So I fully install it and have everything connected and power it on and it beeps...

Beep is like this
2-3 seconds of beep
7 seconds of slience
2-3 seconds of beep

Continues to do that forever.

All the fans power up but it just beeps and no video.

Thank You for your help,
Towlies

A:Replaced Motherboard and Beeps

HI
It a RAM problem replace the RAM properly in the slot the system will boot automatically

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replaced-motherboard-and-beeps.603389/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi all, had mine HP desktop replaced the M/B and PSU last night, things back to normal, but when i turn on the desktop, it comes out the setting screen, see below
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

so i have to press F2 before the the desktop screen to come up, it really annoying, is there somewhere i can adjust to bypass the above screen? thanks

my desktop is HP m7060n media center, and it runs XP

Relevancy 55.9%

I was wondering if there was anybody When Booted Vista Not Up Freezes Safe Mode in Windows out there who could help me diagnose this problem I am running Windows Vista Home Edition in -bit and my computer has been freezing up since early yesterday It runs perfectly fine if I run my computer in Safe Mode it even runs perfectly fine in Safe Mode with Networking but if I boot the computer normally it will eventually freeze up When you boot it normally it seems to be working fine for Windows Vista Freezes Up When Not Booted in Safe Mode about or minutes and then whenever I open ANY window or program internet browsers and Windows Explorer windows included it will freeze up after about - seconds I end up having to manually power off my laptop and when I boot it up again a Disk Check utility comes up I have run this utility twice and the first time it found corrupt music files and Windows Vista Freezes Up When Not Booted in Safe Mode the second time it found some corrupt dat and ini files I don't remember what indexes those were from or even the names of the files I have run Avast Antivirus in a Boot Time Scan and it did not find any viruses If there are any steps I need to take or any programs I need to run I'm more than happy to try them out Thanks - JP

A:Windows Vista Freezes Up When Not Booted in Safe Mode

hellothis article explains how to find out what is loading and causing your problem.(hopefully) http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796good luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/284793/windows-vista-freezes-up-when-not-booted-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 55.9%

I would first off like to apologize to anyone who reads this because I am computer illiterate and have little idea Repair Up Booted Windows To Was And I Needed Told Computer what im talking about As the title suggests I turned on my computer Booted Up Computer And Was Told I Needed To Repair Windows and I was prompted that windows needed to be repaired so I put in the windows cd and goto the repair screen Soon after I am completely lost and I give up for the evening The next day with the windows cd still in the drive I boot up my computer and it starts so I get excited but I notice it takes an extremely long time to boot up and once I actually got on numerous quot bad image quot errors came up they seem to differ each time I start it up My computer now runs extremely slow freezes constantly and within - minutes of being on I will get a blue screen of death As far as the computer goes some of my friends helped my put it together a little over years ago however I moved so I can t get them to help I am running windows XP Pro AMD Athlon Processor Socket eVGA -A -N -AX GeForce GT AGP X MB DDR Video Card Seagate Barracuda ST A GB RPM IDE Ultra ATA Hard Drive MB ASUS K N -E DELUXE NF Not sure if that helps at all but if you need any additional info I would be happy to post it

A:Booted Up Computer And Was Told I Needed To Repair Windows

Try to run system file checker:Put your XP CD in the drive, Click Start > Run and type:sfc /scannowWindows checks to see if any critical files are damaged. If so, SFC will attempt to replace them.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/109171/booted-up-computer-and-was-told-i-needed-to-repair-windows/
Relevancy 55.9%

Windows 7 - x64 - SP1 - TechNet Genuine - What is the age of system (hardware), everything bar two hard drives <6 months old. - What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) - 3 months

Issue is a blue screen on an intermittent basis of thing such as LT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE etc.

Thanks for your help

A:BSOD at random - WerFault and Freshly Booted Windows during the day..

It smells like hardware failure, but we'll look at software just in case. Remember, if you are overclocking your PC any, reset to factory defaults. I saw in one of the crashes what looks to be a corrupted CPU register. We'll confirm though.

Turn on Driver Verifier. For checks to use, select all except IRP Logging, Low Resource Sim, and Force Pending I/O Requests. Restart after everything is finished. If you get reboot loop, go into Safe Mode (F8) and turn DV off. Send us new crashdumps.

Since I think this may be hardware, perform the following:
RAM: Memtest86+ - 7+ passes
CPU: Prime95 - Torture Test; Large FFTs; overnight (9+ hours)

Also, please provide us temps/voltages using HWInfo with Sensors only option checked. Log two 30-minute instances: one for idle, and one for high load. If you can crash system while logging, that's better.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/230050-bsod-random-werfault-freshly-booted-windows-during-day.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi i am suspecting computer got hit by a trojan After entering the loading screen with the XP LOGO and the loading bar the system hangs Same thing happens when do safe to start, HJT booted to Windows in fail mode i boot using last known good settings Below is the HJT Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Windows fail to start, booted in safe mode to do HJT Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C WINDOWS System Windows fail to start, booted in safe mode to do HJT smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Documents and Settings Ower Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE TCJF SU HijackThis exe C PROGRA FREEDO fdm exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader AcroRd exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http g msn com SEENSG SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http g msn com SEENSG SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http g msn com SEENSG SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - BHO FDMIECookiesBHO Class - CC E F - E - FA- FAA- BF - C Program Files Free Download Manager iefdm dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - E A DC - - A - EA-DC EC ACF - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Windows Live Toolbar - FA EF- D- D - B F- A D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O - HKLM Run UnlockerAssistant quot C Program Files Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exe quot O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run MSPY C WINDOWS system IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run iKeyWorks C PROGRA A Tech Keyboard Ikeymain exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher q... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-fail-to-start-booted-in-safe-mode-to-do-hjt.899856/
Relevancy 55.9%

hai

i just found out the reason why my PC was freezing constantly that i had to hard reboot the pc continously. this problem doesn't happen in safe mode.

when i boot up pc with my router adapter connected to the PC, it will freeze my PC when i click anything on the desktop. either pop up, file explorer, chrome, settings, start menu, anything.

i tried booting up with the adapter removed from the router, giving me no access to the internet and my PC doesn't freeze. i can plug it back on the router and the internet works great without windows having any freeze issues. is there a way to fix this problem? it's really inconvenient.

details: Windows 10 Anniversary Update build 1607 version 14393. (when so many errors occur, disasterous update, not recommended just yet)

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/62973-windows-10-freezes-if-pc-booted-up-network-adapter-connected.html
Relevancy 55.47%

My monitor goes black and I am forced to reboot After rebooting I get a blue screen prompt telling me replaced RAM, BSOD error) 0x116 replaced (stop PSU Replaced GPU, that i've recovered from a BSOD I've been monitoring them since October In October I RMA'd my graphics card Oct You can see that after I got BSOD 0x116 (stop error) Replaced GPU, replaced RAM, replaced PSU a new GPU my BSOD's halted so obviously its the GPU right if you look at my BSOD dumps the last one is OCT new BSOD 0x116 (stop error) Replaced GPU, replaced RAM, replaced PSU gpu and i don't get one until Feb So on Feb I call up eVGA again and say ok so my GPU is bad again and I wonder if its something im doing to kill them So I am going to get a second RMA and the tech tells me that they received my first card and they ran it for over a hour in a diagnostic app and didn't have a single problem aka my card was fine so i explain my BSOD issues and the tech tells me that it may be a voltage issue and that it may be my power supply soooooooooo I goto Tiger Direct down the street and buy a quot whatever i can get quot thats over watts supply because I have a watt PSU and obviously its not enough power so i go big and guess what My last BSOD dump before the PSU is March So new PSU and I don't get a single BSOD until So I have attached quot All quot of my dumps and all my info with the issues My problem is if its quot not quot my GPU why did getting a new one give me no BSOD for months my problem is if its quot not quot my PSU why did getting a new one march let my PC run till with no BSOD's again months is this not randomly coincidentally off i mean why would a new GPU make it work for months then find out from eVGA my old GPU was fine then why did a new PSU make it work when my old one quot was quot working fine minus the BSOD's which make me wonder if the PSU is the issue again why would it magically just work with no setting changes for months or is there something coincidental about my issues like maybe something im missing also my motherboard is out of warranty by a few months so Gigabyte said too bad but they said quot oh well a stop error like that sounds like RAM quot but i replaced my Ram with Corsair all new sticks i also set up my voltages in my BIOS to the right voltages the right RAM timings the right everything i think I have a liquid cooled PC so its hard to just pull a CPU or pull a GPU and swap it around Also my BSOD's happen randomly usually in the first minutes then usually not again for hours or days its rare that i have BSOD dumps in day and after it BSOD's i reboot and run it all day so its not like i keep it off and my temps are stupid sexy - c for CPU under full load and GPU sits at - all day long its not a temp issue because if it was why would it happen instantly then not again and i can game all day and night with no issues its just a SUPER RANDOM thing to me also if i dual boot into mac like a hacintosh my mac also black screens and reboots so its the same stop video issue thats happening Also im a MSDN subscriber so i have tried a fresh ISO of win and or win 's different media x burn speed the works thinking that maybe its OS related which im pretty dang sure its not if anyone can give me some better insight that would be really helpful Don't wanna dump into a rd PSU or RMA my GPU again but eVGA said i can so please give me some solid advice thanks

A:BSOD 0x116 (stop error) Replaced GPU, replaced RAM, replaced PSU

Hi Zuriel.

I read your OP. I would suggest you to have an open mind; and dont decide that it is not it. Because during troubleshooting you have to get everything tested.

The BSOD is a stop 0x116. That is an error from the part of the display environment. That means ....
The GPU itself
The display driver
The PSU
The system temps and dust allocation inside the computer
The hardware parts like GPU fans
Overclocking failure
And etc. I would suggest you to go through a thorough troubleshooting, whatever may be the idea you may have about those.

Are you overclocking? As you are getting BSODs, you should stop overclocking and run all the hardware components like CPU, GPU and RAM to their default settings.

Check if the Power Supply Unit (PSU, 850 watts you said) supplying adequate power to the computer or not.
eXtreme Power Supply Calculator v2.5

Is the computer hot? Report us the heat of the computer after a couple of hours of your normal usage. Upload a screenshot of the summery tab of Speccy. Alternatively, you can publish a Speccy snapshot too: Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs .

Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Install the NVIDIA DRIVERS 314.22WHQL only, at least as a test. Because it never fails on itself.
Uninstall All nvidia items in Control Panel > Programs and features3D Vision Control Driver
3D Vision Driver
Graphics Driver
HD Audio Driver
PhysX
nvidia Update
(Are you using nvidia chipset drivers? If so, dont uninstall anything other than those are listed).
Now follow Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling
Boot normally now. Go to Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers, Download 314.22 WHQL. While installing, Select Custom (Advanced) install. In the next page, follow this settings:
Let us know the results.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa80132af4e0, fffff880101fb608, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+9a3608 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

11: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa80132af4e0, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff880101fb608, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: ffffffffc000009a, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000004, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
nvlddmkm+9a3608
fffff880`101fb608 48ff258159edff jmp qword ptr [nvlddmkm+0x878f90 (fffff880`100d0f90)]

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.16384 (debuggers(dbg).130821-1623) amd64fre

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`09ff7b88 fffff880`10541140 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`132af4e0 fffff880`101fb608 ffffffff`c000... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/336425-bsod-0x116-stop-error-replaced-gpu-replaced-ram-replaced-psu.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey all,
I have a standard Lenovo Thninkpad T61P, i recently had my motherboard replaced on the advice of my school's tech group. I am now having issues with the keybinds in certain programs. Mostly games, but a few others as well. (ie when i use w to move forward it is reading the input as an incrementing digit, each time i press w it things i am moving up the number line, from 1 to 2 to 3, and so on)
I have reinstalled the programs, and tried new ones that i have not had before and the problem continues.
Is this something that replacing the mother board would have caused or is this likely another issue. Any help that can be given would be great, thanks.
Mike

A:Motherboard replaced, keyboard issues

What was the problem before the motherboard was replaced, did it have anything to do with the keyboard?

If there is more than one key that is playing up you need to check the cable connection from your keyboard to the motherboard.

Outside of game use what problems are you having with the keyboard?

Check that you have the keyboard set for the correct language.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-replaced-keyboard-issues.164542/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey everyone. I come to you all with a problem of mine concerning sluggish video playback. Before I replaced my motherboard, video playback was not a problem what so ever. However my old A8N-SLI Deluxe went dead and thus I had to order a used board from e-bay. After installing a new copy of Windows XP (32-bit) onto a new hard drive and all the necessary drivers I began to notice video playback (especially HD video) was sluggish and often time out of sync. I've looked into the problem as best I could before I was forced to come back here and ask for assistance. Assuming I put my rig back together properly I assume my problem lies in the software or the BIOS.

Mod Edit:
Removed pasted log, and then attached it
In future please attach all logs

A:Replaced motherboard, now video is sluggish?

I would check the bios for video settings. Is the new mobo exactly the same as the old? Also check the obvious, scan for malware. While the video is sluggish check running processes through task manager. Make sure you have newest and correct drivers for video.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replaced-motherboard-now-video-is-sluggish.115302/
Relevancy 55.47%

I replaced the motherboard on my Hp envy h8 1534 with an OEM. eventually had to do a Refresh after a file error . Now getting issue with product key not valid. desktop is only 3 years old but don't have extended warranty. how do I get new product key.?

A:replaced motherboard with an OEM , product key issue

The Product Key for Win 8.1 is embedded in the BIOS.  Therefore, when you changed the motherboard there is no PK in the BIOS.  You should contact Microsoft's Customer Service to see if they can or will do anything for you.  HP can't furnish PK's because of MS's policies. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/replaced-motherboard-with-an-OEM-product-key-issue/td-p/5631044
Relevancy 55.47%

Good Evening I have a Dell Inspiron r intel core i GB Memory originally with a built in Microsoft Windows Purchased in It has since been updated to Windows and Windows nbsp I upgraded to Windows as soon as I found out Windows was free for people who had Windows Windows was working fine until July and then that s when the Motherboard gave out I tested it and it said the Motherboard is fine it s just the HDD Well the Hard Drive and Motherboard overheated and both died I have replaced a Heat Sink AND Fan to attempt to save it Yes I used a rice size amount of Thermal Paste to reinstall So now I purchased a nbsp New TB GB MB Cache RPM SATA quot mm Notebook Hard Drive and that was fine I also purchased a replacement Motherboard and Hard Replaced Drive Motherboard for my Laptop which came with no Software Replaced Motherboard and Hard Drive leading me to purchase Microsoft Windows Pro I have had trouble downloading Replaced Motherboard and Hard Drive the Windows pro as it would turn off during download and refuse to actually go on and give me the proper download for a while After days of trying I finally realized I had to remove the CD once it was installed and Windows Pro was installed on my computer After a few downloads Skype Google Hangouts and Roblox Online game to be exact the motherboard fried out I recently got a Motherboard on ebay from China and now I am trying a USA seller instead Is Windows Pro frying my Laptop I know I cannot download devices from Dell any longer but I would at least like it to work Can I get the Windows back for free Can I call Microsoft and Verify my Old Motherboard s Information for a new installation I have my old items still and serial Number I just no longer have a Warranty due to the time expiration Should I upgrade the Memory and can my computer s Motherboard handle that A couple of notes with the new Motherboard My computer no longer had a Serial Number tied to Dell but it was called a Inspiron Windows pro seemed to not work with the Motherboard Thanks for answering my questions any help would be appreciated

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19991457
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a Gateway M tablet pc running xp tablet pc weeks ago i shorted out the motherboard picked up the laptop when it was connected to a dock dock was loose saw a flash heard a pop no more puter I got a used mb off ebay swapped the hardware Computer boots typing on it now and shows a ghz machine previously ghz I have a Dlink wired router DI- and my data transfer rate is kbps The desktop on the same router is kpbs BIG difference I have a fresh install can't download now replaced updates Motherboard, XP of XP Tablet on replaced Motherboard, now can't download XP updates the replacement harddrive from my replaced Motherboard, now can't download XP updates Gateway install CD When I go to microsoft update it takes forever to scan my computer for updates When it finally gives me the option to download xp service pack a popup window appears like the download is commencing The progress bar never moves and after about minutes I get error x EE I have searched for this error code and followed as many of the links as I can Completely stumped

A:replaced Motherboard, now can't download XP updates

Here are some solutions http://www.updatexp.com/0x80072ee2.html
or download SP2 stand alone version (not through WindowsUp Date)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/replaced-motherboard-now-cant-download-xp-updates-408677.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Techspot, but I have read many of the subjects for reference.

I installed a new motherboard (Intel P4M-865G-MAX ), and power supply.
Then, reinstalled operating system XP Home with no issues until I tried to test all the hardware. More specific to play a music CD with no sound. I have an integrated Realtex AC97 audio (6 Channel). Has XP Home Home.

I checked all the volume controls to make sure volume was high enough and not muted. Also, checked the DirectX with the dxdiag cmd, with no problems, 2 set of speakers, and reinstalled the audio driver . Then I went to Realtek and updated the AC' 97 audio driver...Tried 2 different CD's. I reinstalled the chipset drivers too.

I need help I don't know what is wrong..Is the audio chip bad it's a new motherboard!! Please help.

Thanks,

Joel1634

A:EMachine replaced Motherboard now No Sound

if you are using the front plugs , make sure you connected font audio panel header..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachine-replaced-motherboard-now-no-sound.92699/
Relevancy 55.47%

When turned laptop on after return from HP with new mobo replaced Issues just warranty. replaced after under motherboard under warranty screen Issues after motherboard just replaced under warranty. locked up after - mins of operation Held power button down to turn off When restarted power button glowed but no other activity Held windows B keys then pressed power button from previous talks with HP help line and light on caps lock button flashes slowly times and repeats every to seconds Further info from HP website held down windows B then then pressed power button and continued to hold Windows B until HP BIOS Update screen came on After BIOS recoverd updated laptop booted up into windows All ok for few minutes then received BSOD message Rebooted BIOS as above then got another BSOD Sometimes laptop would restart sometimes have had to go through BIOS Update I have managed to check all drivers all current apart from Nvidia which has been updated but still having issues Laptop now stuck in HP BIOS Update screen - Verifying new BIOS Image Block Progress BSOD messages - Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal nbsp What failed ACPI sysDriver Overran Stack BufferAttempted Write to Readonly MemoryPage Fault in non Paged Area Does anyone know if this could conceivably be a software issue or should I be contacting HP on Monday to request another warranty repairThanks nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Issues-after-motherboard-just-replaced-under-warranty/td-p/5825861
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey guys

My PC was running fine till one day motherboard's onboard lan stopped working !

I gave my motherboard for RMA and in return they gave me a repaired motherboard.

Since the change of motherboard the system randomly reboots itself.

Tried doing a clean install of OS, updated BIOS, updated drivers, checked temps but still it reboots.

Note: Tried windows xp for dew days and the system stayed fine without reboot.

Old Motherboard : Gigabyte Z68x-UD4-B3
New Motherboard : Gigabyte Z68xp-UD4

Uploading the System logs too.

Please help !

A:Random Reboots After Motherboard Replaced

Looks like there was a major BIOS update issued (for your replacement mobo) on 3/6/2013:

GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-Z68XP-UD4 (rev. 1.0)

GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-Z68XP-UD4 (rev. 1.3)

Looks like it applies to v1.0 and v1.3 of your new mobo. Please ignore if current.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/22664-random-reboots-after-motherboard-replaced.html