Windows Support Forum

Non Admin not able to connect OPC server in Windows Server 2003

Q: Non Admin not able to connect OPC server in Windows Server 2003

Hi,

I am not able to connect to OPC server for non admin user in windows server 2003.

I get Runtime error '-536608665(e0040067)':
Failed to connect OPC server.
The system returned the following error message:
Access is denied

But i can connect non admin user to opc server in Windows xp

Is it possible for non admin user to connect OPC server in windows server 2003?

OPC server and client are on same system

Please give me your feedback

Thanks!
Santosh

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Non Admin not able to connect OPC server in Windows Server 2003

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Non Admin not able to connect OPC server in Windows Server 2003

From what I've read on this thread, you'll need to set computer-wide DCOM security permissions. You'll want to peruse that thread.

On another note, this isn't really the best spot for this question. An error message isn't a crash, hang or bsod, and the situation is more relevant to specifically the Windows Server section (even though OPC servers can and often do exist in many client versions of Windows). You'll be able to receive more help there, as it's pertinent to your needs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/non-admin-not-able-to-connect-opc-server-in-windows-server-2003-a-560614.html
Relevancy 106.64%

Cannot access windows updates any admin tools av websites cannot run spybot internet explorer giving security settings warning cannot change any of the settings HJT log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Documents and Settings administrator domain WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe tools admin Terminal access 2003 Server Server cannot C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP coreServiceShell exe C Program Files Trend Micro UniClient UiFrmWrk uiWatchDog exe C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP coreFrameworkHost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Trend Micro Client Server Security Agent tmlisten exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system rdpclip exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Broadcom BACS BacsTray exe C Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Trend Micro UniClient UiFrmWrk uiSeAgnt exe Server 2003 Terminal Server cannot access admin tools C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe P Worldox WDA exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Tabs CMMAIN EXE C Program Files Tabs STMapi exe C Program Files Tabs dropbox exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrobat exe C WINDOWS system WISPTIS EXE C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat plug ins PaperCapture Server Roman Capserve exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system rdpclip exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system mstsc exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE EXCEL EXE C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system rdpclip exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Broadcom BACS BacsTray exe C Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Trend Micro UniClient UiFrmWrk uiSeAgnt exe C Server 2003 Terminal Server cannot access admin tools Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C Program Files FileOpen plug ins FileOpenAPI exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings administrator domain Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http companyweb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C WINDOWS system blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - Default URLSearchHook is missing F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Trend Micro NSC BHO - CA B-DC D- A - - E FAC - C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP Module TmIEPlg dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - HKLM Run bacstray C Program Files Broadcom BACS BacsTray exe O - HKLM Run PaperPort PTD C Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exe O - HKLM Run IndexSearch C Program Files Scan... Read more

A:Server 2003 Terminal Server cannot access admin tools

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new DDS log (don't forget attach.txt)Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/403995/server-2003-terminal-server-cannot-access-admin-tools/
Relevancy 100.62%

Hi, A friend has installed Windows 2003 and when the computer boots he is prompted to hold down the Control+Alt+Delete as a security feature before entering The Log On password. I would like to know if a password was not set upon installation if the prompt would still appear ? Also I would like to know if this feature can be bypassed somewhere in the settings.

THANKS

Relevancy 97.61%

Hi,

I have a set of 5 machines - 2 desktops (one being a thin client and the other to function as a 'server' ) and 3 notebooks. I was wondering what was the difference b/w the 2 versions Windows Server 2003 and Windows Small Business Server 2003. Is it true one cannot use a thin client but need a regular cpu setup to use Small Business Server 2003 ?

There is a difference in costs and since i have windows 2000 on the desktops and xp on the notebooks wondered if i needed to shell out so much more $$ for the Windows Server 2003 . I plan to put in a wireless networking system to link all the 5 machines.

Thanks in advance for any and all advise.

S

A:Solved: Difference b/w Windows Server 2003 and Small Business Server 2003

Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server has the following restrictions:
- Only one computer in a domain can be running Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server.
- Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server must be the root of the Active Directory® forest.
- Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server cannot trust any other domains.
- A Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server domain cannot have any child domains.
- Each additional server must have a Windows Small Business Server 2003 client access license (CAL). You can use CALs for each user or for each device.
The standard edition of Windows Small Business Server 2003 includes Windows Server 2003 technologies, including fax service, firewall service, and remote-access service. Additionally, it includes Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, enhanced tools for server monitoring and administration, and an out-of-the-box solution for internal Web sites. The standard edition is ideal for customers who do not require the higher-level functionality included in the premium edition

The premium edition includes everything in the standard edition, plus Microsoft SQL Server 2000, Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2000, and Microsoft FrontPage® 2003. The premium edition is ideal for small businesses with more demanding IT needs, such as data-intensive line-of-business applications, or advanced firewall and Web-caching capabilities

The standard edition has most of the stuffs inside.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-difference-b-w-windows-server-2003-and-small-business-server-2003.287187/
Relevancy 97.61%

Hi,

I have a set of 5 machines - 2 desktops (one being a thin client and the other to function as a 'server' ) and 3 notebooks. I was wondering what was the difference b/w the 2 versions Windows Server 2003 and Windows Small Business Server 2003. Is it true one cannot use a thin client but need a regular cpu setup to use Small Business Server 2003 ?

There is a difference in costs and since i have windows 2000 on the desktops and xp on the notebooks wondered if i needed to shell out so much more $$ for the Windows Server 2003 . I plan to put in a wireless networking system to link all the 5 machines.

Thanks in advance for any and all advise.

S

A:Solved: Difference b/w Windows Server 2003 and Small Business Server 2003

ok i got the answer to this from another source.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-difference-b-w-windows-server-2003-and-small-business-server-2003.286015/
Relevancy 94.6%

how can i configure my 2 NIC THAT ARE on 1 server Running 2003 windows server?

i want 1 NIC CONNECTED TO THE ROUTER/MODEM AND 1 CONNECTED TO THE NETWORK SWITCH?

PLEASE HELP

Relevancy 93.74%

I am having a problem accessing a network drive from my windows 2003 server to the laptop. The server has multiple folders for each account, and I am wanting to connect the laptop to an existing folder on the server. Can anyone help out?

Relevancy 92.45%

I have not a great deal of network experience and am trying to connect a workstation with windows pro to sbs server at my workplace I have connected workstations with XP pro with no problem by changing membership of the computer name from workgroup to Domain Windows Pro will not allow the change from workgoup to domain I have tried setting IP Address both using Obtain sbs to 7 server code 0x0000232B connect - windows 2003 cant pro error IP Address automatically and also setting cant connect windows 7 pro to sbs 2003 server - error code 0x0000232B them manually in network properties This works for XP Pro using IP addresses for gateway and server from ipconfig all I have tried setting IP Addresses in Pro but it does not work Error message is as follows The following error occurred when DNS was queried for the service location SRV resource record used to locate an Active Directory Domain Controller AD DC for domain quot MIRACLEFLIGHTSFORKIDS local quot The error was quot DNS name does not exist quot error code x B RCODE NAME ERROR The query was for the SRV record for ldap tcp dc msdcs MIRACLEFLIGHTSFORKIDS local Common causes of this error include the following - The DNS SRV records required to locate a AD DC for the domain are not registered in DNS These records are registered with a DNS server automatically when a AD DC is added to a domain They are updated by the AD DC at set intervals This computer is configured to use DNS servers with the following IP addresses - One or more of the following zones do not include delegation to its child zone MIRACLEFLIGHTSFORKIDS local local

A:cant connect windows 7 pro to sbs 2003 server - error code 0x0000232B

mffk welcome to SevenForums
See if this will help

Unable to join 7 Pro to SBS 2003 domain - Microsoft Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/294559-cant-connect-windows-7-pro-sbs-2003-server-error-code-0x0000232b.html
Relevancy 92.45%

i am having microsoft windows server for small business server Service Pack iwant to run an application build up with ASP NET amp SQL DATABASE for generating reports we are using crystal reports while running the application i am gettig an error message as File or assembly name CrystalDecisions Web or one of 2003 microsoft small Pack business windows for Service 1 server server its dependencies was not found i tried to copy all the dll files in to the bin folder still the problem is not solved Source Error Line debugging ASP NET files Line -- gt Line lt compilation defaultLanguage quot c quot debug quot true quot gt lt assemblies gt lt add assembly quot CrystalDecisions CrystalReports Engine Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken fbea e quot gt lt add assembly quot CrystalDecisions ReportSource Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken fbea e quot gt lt add assembly quot CrystalDecisions Shared Version Culture neutral microsoft windows server 2003 for small business server Service Pack 1 PublicKeyToken fbea e quot gt lt add assembly quot CrystalDecisions Web Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken fbea e quot gt microsoft windows server 2003 for small business server Service Pack 1 lt assemblies gt lt compilation gt Line Line lt -- CUSTOM ERROR MESSAGES Source File C Inetpub wwwroot HomagIndiaCIS web config Line Assembly Load Trace The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly CrystalDecisions Web could not be loaded Pre-bind state information LOG DisplayName CrystalDecisions Web Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken fbea e Fully-specified LOG Appbase file C Inetpub wwwroot HomagIndiaCIS LOG Initial PrivatePath bin Calling assembly Unknown LOG Publisher policy file is not found LOG No redirect found in host configuration file C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v aspnet config LOG Using machine configuration file from C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v config machine config LOG Post-policy reference CrystalDecisions Web Version Culture neutral PublicKeyToken fbea e LOG Attempting download of new URL file C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v Temporary ASP NET Files root ed b fca CrystalDecisions Web DLL LOG Attempting download of new URL file C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v Temporary ASP NET Files root ed b fca CrystalDecisions Web CrystalDecisions Web DLL LOG Attempting download of new URL file C Inetpub wwwroot HomagIndiaCIS bin CrystalDecisions Web DLL LOG Attempting download of new URL file C Inetpub wwwroot HomagIndiaCIS bin CrystalDecisions Web CrystalDecisions Web DLL LOG Attempting download of new URL file C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v Temporary ASP NET Files root ed b fca CrystalDecisions Web EXE LOG Attempting download of new URL file C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v Temporary ASP NET Files root ed b fca CrystalDecisions Web CrystalDecisions Web EXE LOG Attempting download of new URL file C Inetpub wwwroot HomagIndiaCIS bin CrystalDecisions Web EXE LOG Attempting download of new URL file C Inetpub wwwroot HomagIndiaCIS bin CrystalDecisions Web CrystalDecisions Web EXE nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-windows-server-2003-for-small-business-server-service-pack-1.498807/
Relevancy 92.45%

Just bought 2 new Intel S5000VSA server boards, After building both Pcs using the Intel disc that came with board and even the win 2003 setup disc directly I cant seem to install windows server 2003 without receiving a BSOD during setup. All Hardware is compliant with the board. Please Help

A:Cant install Windows Server 2003 on Intel s5000vsa server board

Strip the system down. One memory stick, no USB devices, on-board video and sound, no sound card and try the OS install again. Reset the bios to failsafe defaults

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-install-windows-server-2003-on-intel-s5000vsa-server-board.113843/
Relevancy 92.45%

Currently we are on an NT network with a few 2000 servers tossed in. Today I learned that the plan is to migrate everything to Linux. Lets assume that this only applies to the servers and that the users will still operate with 98/nt/2000/xp. What are your thoughts on this?

I put this in this forum for a reason. Because I'd rather get the advice from 2000 and 2003 experts who know what Linux cannot replace than to hear the Linux fanboys and anti-Microsoft activists praise it to the high heavens.

What would your concerns be if this was done on your network? What problems have you encountered if you'd tried this? Or what successes? Know of any businesses that have done this successfully?

Relevancy 92.45%

I have a print server running standard sp I have been looking for a way to allow helpdesk staff install 2003 Windows SP2 on Standard server print to install & Server Unable remotely 7 driver and manage printers without logging into the server and Windows 7 & 2003 Server Standard SP2 Unable to remotely install driver on print server without adding them to the admin group So I added them to the power users group and the print operators group that worked fine they were able to UNC servername Windows 7 & 2003 Server Standard SP2 Unable to remotely install driver on print server to the server and install printers drivers as well as uninstall drivers printers ect Now the problem this works great from an XP box but when we try it from a windows machine we get access denied More specifically it acts like it is going to install the printer then when it comes to the driver installation part it fails Printer driver was not installed Access is denied No changes have been made to the permissions I can log into an XP machine with my profile and it works fine log out go to a Windows machine use the same credentials and I get the above message access is denied I am an admin of both machines on the windows machine I have UAC turned off completely Running XP Pro SP amp Windows pro both are bit machines I should also add that I have made the necessary group policy changes to allow printer operators to Load Unload device drivers and under the local policies security options I ensured that the Prevent users from installing printer drivers was Disabled Any help would be much appreciated Thanks

A:Windows 7 & 2003 Server Standard SP2 Unable to remotely install driver on print server

How do you enter the credentials on the Windows 7 machine? I've noticed that you have to use "domain\username" rather than just the username in some cases.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/403507/windows-7-2003-server-standard-sp2-unable-to-remotely-install-driver-on-print-server/
Relevancy 92.02%

Hello I created the following performance counter using logman exe nbsp logman exe counters incorrectly Server Windows correctly creates performance on 2003 but Server Windows Logman 2008/2012 on create counter US Triton Perf Log -b -e -r -s server -si frequence -cf folder server txt -f logtype nbsp -o C local logs Perfout Server --a -v mmddhhmm nbsp -rf nbsp max Logman creates performance counters on Windows Server 2008/2012 correctly but incorrectly on Windows Server 2003 duration When I do this across multiple servers specifically for Windows Servers the counter is created to repeat and run everyday at PM and stops running everyday at PM This works perfectly fine as intended However When I do this for a Windows server my created counter is very different For example in this case I have set to the counters to start at AM and end at PM because I have set a maximum duration of hours the job terminates and begins on the next day since Logman creates performance counters on Windows Server 2008/2012 correctly but incorrectly on Windows Server 2003 I have the repeat option on However this does not apply to our server logman creates the job to run once a week in this case it would be on a Wednesday In addiiton I noticed that the job doesn't not even start at it's indented time It actually does not start at all I also notice that the jobs on all windows servers are created in a pending status which then prevents me from removing Logman creates performance counters on Windows Server 2008/2012 correctly but incorrectly on Windows Server 2003 the counter remotely nbsp I would like to know if windows is capable of working like my win servers using logman and if historically the job has to be kicked off through scheduled task nbsp Both Jobs are using the same criteria but are created differently The top photo was created on a windows server and the bottom photo was created on windows server Am I missing something here FYI I have a script to automate across servers so when I deployed this it turned out about servers were actually running as intended and a whole bunch of them were in pending status and all stopped nbsp I appreciate any response on this issue

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c8377c80-cabf-41ca-bd0b-8132c4e19269/logman-creates-performance-counters-on-windows-server-20082012-correctly-but-incorrectly-on-windows?forum=perfmon
Relevancy 92.02%

Setup Is Comcast(DNS/ISP/Phone)->D... Computer Connected --> Server(AD/DNS/DHCP/RRAS)F... Server --> Switch --> WIndows Xp And Sever 2003 As Work Station. Problem Is Trying To Install VNC On All Computers Behind The Primary Server 2003. Need To Forward Ports Through Server 2003 to Dlink For Query to Internet: Thanks In Advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2003-port-fowarding-vnc-cleint-behind-server.716193/
Relevancy 92.02%

Setup Is Comcast(DNS/ISP/Phone)->D... Computer Connected --> Server(AD/DNS/DHCP/RRAS)F... Server --> Switch --> WIndows Xp And Sever 2003 As Work Station. Problem Is Trying To Install VNC On All Computers Behind The Primary Server 2003. Need To Forward Ports Through Server 2003 to Dlink For Query to Internet: Thanks In Advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2003-port-fowarding-vnc-cleint-behind-server.716194/
Relevancy 92.02%

hi guys!
I just installed Windows 2000 Advance Server recently to a Compaq Proliant ML530 server and found out that the license for this server is more expensive than Windows Server 2003 Standard. The SmartStart CD of the compaq does not support windows server 2003 and I don't want to manually re-configure everything and start all over again. Does Win2K A.S. support Windows Server 2003 upgrade?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-upgrade-win2k-advance-server-to-windows-server-2003-std.390752/
Relevancy 91.16%

Ok so i need to set up windows 2003 server edition as a vpn server so someone can connect to it from home or from his work! Does anyone have any advice i have been trying but nothing seems to allow me to get connected!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-setting-up-a-vpn-server-on-windows-2003-server-edition.130776/
Relevancy 91.16%

We had:

1) 1 Windows Server 2003 running Active Directory services to manage logon and permissions for file sharing.
2) 15 workstations.

We now want to have:

1) 1 Windows Server 2008 R2 server running Active Directory services to manage logon and permissions for file sharing.
2) 15 same workstations, with their same user profiles.

So I joined the 2008 R2 server to the domain, and then used the dcpromo tool to make it a domain controller.

Problem is, whenever I take the old server offline, (the 2003 one) everything flips out, logons are slow, and the 2008 server gives people trying to access shared files weird errors like that the server that authenticated them cannot be contacted, and asks them to log in again with their username and password before accessing shared files on the server.

What did I do wrong? I must be forgetting something.

A:Replacing a Windows 2003 AD DS server with a 2008 R2 AD DS server

1. Transfer all FSMO roles to your 2008 R2 server
2. Uninstall AD on 2003 server
3. You can now permanently take 2003 server offline

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replacing-a-windows-2003-ad-ds-server-with-a-2008-r2-ad-ds-server.189290/
Relevancy 91.16%

Hello weeplelations! I'm having trouble using the SMS 2003 Admin console with Vista. The Admin console works perfectly for about a day or two. After that, when I click on 'Collections', nothing appears. I need to use Vista because we are going to be deploying and supporting it this summer, but if I can't see the computers in Collections to connect to them, I'll have to go back to XP. Any patches or fixes out there? Is it something that needs to be done on the server side? Ayudenme por favor!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-and-sms-server-2003-admin-console.706897/
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi All,
After patching the updates of an existing Windows 8.1pro Client, I'm unable to connect to shared folder of Windows 2003 Server...But, you can connect by typing the IP of the Server....Eg: \\192.168.1.2 but not by the Server name...eg: \\Tac-Server...
Please note that the Windows update went smoothly without any error and now it's showing no more windows update but directly upgrade to Windows 10.
Can you please help me to sort out this issue.
Thanks
Prabhath

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c8ae6364-a177-4ddc-9b93-2d9fa93bdd2d/cannot-connect-to-windows-2003-server-after-updating-the-windows-81pro-client?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 89.87%

I log in to Windows 2003 server R2 through a domain (but on the local machine). I need my log on to be the admin over this local machine. Since the user details are stored on the domain, my username doesn't show up in local users and groups. How do I make a remote user an admin?

A:Making a domain user an admin in 2003 server?

You may wish to have this subject moved to the Networking forum here at TSG it will get better coverage from all of the people there. To do this just click on the little triangle at the top right corner and ask a moderator to please move this thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/making-a-domain-user-an-admin-in-2003-server.518284/
Relevancy 89.44%

We have a Windows 7 Pro laptop that can't see any of the 300 or so Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 Machines.

It can, however, see all (around 13) Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7 Machines that are on the network. Using \\ServerName\Share doesn't connect, and they don't show up on the network map.

It can ping the servers though. They ping by hostname and by ip address. Other Windows 7 Pro Laptops don't have this same problem!

Additional Info:
They are all joined to the domain; servers, laptaps, etc.

A:Windows 7 Computer can't see Server 2003 Server

My problem is when i join in 2003 domain server i get the msag

"An attempat to resolve the DNS name of a domain controller in the domain being joined has failed.
Please verf=ify this client is configured to reach a DNS server that can resolve DNS names name in
the target domain. for information about network troubleshooting, see windows help "

tell me what i have to do! 10Q

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/146074-windows-7-computer-cant-see-server-2003-server.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hey everyone. Just got a Dell PC loaded with windows 7 64-bit here at work. We have a server downstairs that is running Windows Sever 2003 Enterprise Edition.

Don't know very much about connecting to the server, and everything I have tried so far has failed, so I figured I would start from the very beginning and do each step at a time. I am replacing an old Windows XP computer, so the user name to log onto is already programed into the server.

First step:

On the windows 7 pc, I go to network and sharing center. Then set up a new network or connection, then connect to a work place. Then "use my internet connection (VPN)". It then asks for "Internet Address" and "Destination name"

Do I put in the IP address of my server into "internet address"?
What do I put in for the Destination name?

A:Can't connect to Server 2003

Are you on a domain? Why are you using a VPN connection if you are onsite?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/97492-cant-connect-server-2003-a.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi,

I am trying to set up a simple fileserver to store all my files, I have installed Windows server 2003 & want to be able to connect to it via Windows 7 machines - what is the best way to do this?

I have both machines (server 2003 & Windows 7) on the same Workgroup, I try connecting to the server by typing \\fileserv in the search but I'm getting "Windows cannot access \\fileserv"

I know this is a very noob question, any help appreciated

A:Win 7 connect to Server 2003

Can you ping the server via its IP address? If so then try pinging it by its name (fileserv). If that doesn't work then your computer is unable to resolve the servers IP address by name. If it works then there is likely to be some other problem such as the server firewall or security rights on the server.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-7-connect-to-server-2003.1018020/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi, Can any1 help me i have did upgrade Windows 2000 Ent. Server (SP4) to Windows 2003 Ent. Server, but after rebooting the machine all of sudden BLUE screen appears with mentioning below error though OS working in safe mode. Please help me out to resolve the issue ASAP.
Driver_IRQL_NOT LESS OR EQUAL

Then at the end it says
Beginning dump of physical memory

HYDIS.sys address 7505AF5 base at F74E9000
Stop: 0x000000D1 (0xf3bbf000, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0xF7505AF5)

Physical memory dumb.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group
BR,

Sharjeel

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/os-upgrade-windows-2000-ent-server-to-windows-2003-ent-server.625977/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello all I m not sure if this is an operating system question or more of a software development question Anyway I have a legacy COM service a COM server 2003 Server execution Windows - connecting when on service DCOM "Server failed" that runs as a windows service that was written for Windows NT I have managed to use the service on both Windows and Windows XP unchanged However I now wish to run the service on a Windows Server machine and I can t seem to DCOM service on Windows Server 2003 - "Server execution failed" when connecting get it to work This is what happens - Install the service and set it to log on using a domain account Start the service from the services msc applet Start the client application and connect to the service At this stagte the client applicaiton freezes for approximately seconds and DCOM service on Windows Server 2003 - "Server execution failed" when connecting then returns with the error message quot Server execution failed quot I ve also tried using the client whilst the service is stopped In this case when I connect the service is started but I get the same error The development team also provided a standalone application that hosts the exact same COM objects mainly for debugging purposes If I use the standalone application everything works fine Its all very strange Does anyone have any idea what the cause might be And preferably a solution Thanks Kep nbsp

A:DCOM service on Windows Server 2003 - "Server execution failed" when connecting

I found the answer.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroup...-DC48AB0DA5C9&dglist=&ptlist=&exp=&sloc=en-us

The above discussion says that a service must enter a running state before a COM server calls CoRergisterClassObject. So I guess its a development problem.

Not sure why it only manifests on Windows Server 2003 though.

Kep.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dcom-service-on-windows-server-2003-server-execution-failed-when-connecting.695005/
Relevancy 86.43%

I am trying to setup my own VPN I have installed Server on my server machine The server server Windows as VPN Server 2003 machine is connected to my Netgear router which connects to the internet I have setup the VPN service and can connect localy using an advanced connection setup in windows XP on my client machine Also on my network is a fileserver running windows vista soon xp or server the server has over gb of storage mostly full t hat i want to share over my VPN This is also onnected to the Windows Server 2003 as VPN server netgear router My problem is with sharing these files How do i set the drives on my file server as standard shares for all VPN connected users I can access them local over the lan but not sure how to share for users dialing into the VPN any step by step tutorials links would be welcomed or if anyone can help me it would be brilliant or if somone can get on msn with me and walk me through what im doing wrong that would be awsome too Thanks alot nbsp

A:Windows Server 2003 as VPN server

Information for how to configure a Windows2003 VPN server can be found at:
http://www.onecomputerguy.com/networking/w3k_vpn_server.htm

You don't need to make any changes or additions to shares in regards to VPN client's being able to access previous shares on the server. Whatever you have assigned for the LAN access can work for VPN.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2003-as-vpn-server.603026/
Relevancy 86%

Hi all...

I have a problem with the connection between win 2000 (client) and win server 2003 server)... I have mapped the network drive and set to be reconnect automatically to the server... however everytime.. I log off or restart the computer (client).. it always asks the suername and password to connect to server... I have no idea what's going on and how to fix it... it's so annoying...

Help me please.....
Thanks before

A:connect win 2000 to win server 2003

Is the W2K (client) added to the 2K3 domain? Is the 2K3 server a domain controller, or a standalone server?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connect-win-2000-to-win-server-2003.541955/
Relevancy 85.14%

I was trying to set up my father's Outlook this evening. He has an IBM Think Pad and is running Microsoft 2000.

Outlook will not open, saying that it cannot connect to the exchange server. Help.

Thank you.

A:Outlook 2003 cannot connect to exchange server

are you trying to set it up in a home or work environment? Did you install the OS and software from scratch or is this a former business laptop with the old settings?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-cannot-connect-to-exchange-server.704757/
Relevancy 85.14%

-rubbing bridge of nose- Ever had a situation that nothing in the universe that can go right does Well I m experiencing that right now I m building a small Unable (Server Solved: to to connect 2003) AD business network and I ve installed and configured my AD and DNS servers on my Virtual server that s going to be housing this great bunch of fun stuff I set my IP statically my Gateway and my Subnet mask I ve even set my DNS servers to the ones my company wants I Solved: Unable to connect to AD (Server 2003) went through to my DHCP server and made sure it s DNS servers are the same I went and added my first user account and my first computer to the network When I tried to add the computer to the network that I added this is the message I got The following error occurred when DNS was queried for the service location Solved: Unable to connect to AD (Server 2003) SRV resource record used to locate an Active Directory Domain Controller AD DC for domain quot THEFIVESTAR LOCAL quot The error was quot DNS name does not exist quot error code x B RCODE NAME ERROR The query was for the SRV record for ldap tcp dc msdcs THEFIVESTAR LOCAL Common causes of this error include the following - The DNS SRV records required to locate a AD DC for the domain are not registered in DNS These records are registered with a DNS server automatically when a AD DC is added to a domain They are updated by the AD DC at set intervals This computer is configured to use DNS servers with the following IP addresses - One or more of the following zones do not include delegation to its child zone THEFIVESTAR LOCAL LOCAL the root zone I m not sure what to do now I m at a loss because I m normally a Mac guy and they re determined to use this Archaic software Anyone wanna take a stab in the dark and tell me what I m doing wrong nbsp

Relevancy 85.14%

Hi Guys I m new to this and desperately need help I recently server 2003 to the outlook connect exchange can't replaced the hard drive on a client computer in a small network other client PCs running on a server after reinstalling and updating windows XP Pro SP and office reconnected to the network with no hassles When trying to open outlook to set email accounts after about a minute I get the following message quot The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable Outlook must be online to complete this action quot when I click ok get a window to type the server name and mailbox name type the required names and click on quot check names quot again takes about a minute or two and get the following message quot The name could not be resolved The connection to the microsoft exchange server is unavailable Outlook must be online to complete this action quot I know the server and user names are correct and the PC is connected to the network I can access the server with the administrator account I haven t been able to set any POP accounts either because outlook will open only to give me the messages estated earlier Could anybody help please nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2003-cant-connect-to-the-exchange-server.722894/
Relevancy 85.14%

I am trying to add one of my XP Pro PC's to my new domain... Only not successfully... heres the scenario...
On the XP Pro PC I right clicked my computer, clicked properties, then the Computer Name tab. From here i click the Change computer name button and selected the Domain radio button. I then entered the name of our domain (minus the .xxx) and clicked OK. I then get this message:
The following error occurred attempting to join the domain "Moore":
the specified server cannot perform the requested operation.

If anyone can help, i'd appreciate your input!!!

A:Can't connect XP Pro to Domain (on Server 2003) Please Save Me!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-xp-pro-to-domain-on-server-2003-please-save-me.670318/
Relevancy 85.14%

I am trying to add one of my XP Pro PC's to my new domain... Only not successfully... heres the scenario...
On the XP Pro PC I right clicked my computer, clicked properties, then the Computer Name tab. From here i click the Change computer name button and selected the Domain radio button. I then entered the name of our domain (minus the .xxx) and clicked OK. I then get this message:
The following error occurred attempting to join the domain "Moore":
the specified server cannot perform the requested operation.

If anyone can help, i'd appreciate your input!!!

A:Can't connect XP Pro to Domain (on Server 2003) Please Save Me!

Make sure DNS setup on your client pc is your server IP address.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-xp-pro-to-domain-on-server-2003-please-save-me.670321/
Relevancy 85.14%

When connected to work via VPN I can access shared drives and our webmail etc., but when I attempt to connect to Outlook 2003 it shows it trying to connect and eventually showing "disconnected". It seems like I can do everything but access the mail server via Outlook 2003. I can access my email using the webmail client, but I would prefer using the full client.

I can connect fine while on our LAN at work and Outlook is a firewall exception. Using a second laptop (with the same setup - XP SP2) while at home I have no problem at all accessing everything via VPN, including Outlook 2003 - so it seems to be specific to the settings on this particular laptop.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Relevancy 84.71%

i have the server with windows SP and i executed replication active directory domain controller on the new server as i have two servers all with computer in the client server 2003 problem network client/server windows expect one client computer work ok onthe problematically computer is with the windows me problem is when i shut down old server the computer with win me drop out from domain and he don t see new server when i power on old server the client computer work ok i deinstalled the win me on this computer and i installed to him win xp pro but problem is same this computer don t see new server and he don t see others client computers in network problem with client computer in the client/server network windows server 2003 what i do i tryed to make new user account but nothing i can t because of this computer don t see new server on client computer light green indicator on network adapter Realtek d all the time i use commands ping with the ip address of server with the name of server nothing ipconfig release ipconfig renew ipconfig flushdns ipconfig registerdns ip address of old server is and new server maybe problem is when i type ipconfig in dosprompt on new server i receive DNS server and DHCP plz help me thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-client-computer-in-the-client-server-network-windows-server-2003.617978/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello,
I am having problems remotley administering my domain. I am using a vista computer to administer my domain remotely. When I try to open the domain users and computers appalet I get the message that says " naming information can not be located ...". I know that DNS is running (maybe not correctly) and that my computer logged on to the domain. DNS is the only thing that I can think as the problem. I can log onto OWA by typing in the ip address but I can not use the admin tools. Please help

Thank You

A:Can not connect to the server 2003 domain from the vista client

Well, how about fixing the DNS? Without working DNS, you can pretty much forget about doing anything with AD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-not-connect-to-the-server-2003-domain-from-the-vista-client.102666/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi I am having an issue Folder issue, Offline 7 Win Client Flie Server. Server 2003 sync with offline files created offline syncing back to the server I have set up a network share to be available offline on a client computer All files are available offline without Offline Folder sync issue, Win 7 Client Server 2003 Flie Server. issue Here is the issue however If I set the folder to work offline any file I create in the folder when it is offline just disappears when the folder comes back online there are no conflicts or sync failures reported in sync center If I create a new folder offline the folder does sync back to the server Any changes made to an existing file are also replicated back to the server once the share is back online So the issue is only with newly created files when the share is offline I have not been able to replicate this error on any other file server in our environment However I have recreated the issue with multiple shares with multiple Win clients on this file server Steps taken so far Checked and reset permission levels on the share Recreated new shares from scratch for testing Disabled and enabled offline files on the client computer and cleared the offline cache Check various registry entry settings Disabled cashing on the File server Tested with XP the issue does not exist with XP I have spent hours researching this error online to no avail The clients are running Windows Enterprise bit The File server is Server Standard bit with SP Any help or ideas would be most welcome

A:Offline Folder sync issue, Win 7 Client Server 2003 Flie Server.

I've seen the complaints about this problem but with no clear resolution. There are some hot fixes listed that may help, updating to Windows 7 SP1 is supposed to help in some cases but nothing seems for certain.

No way for me to recreate this problem but apparently others have the same problem.

Offline created files disappear after re-connect

Browse by Tags - The troubleshooters and problem solvers... - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

Administratively assigned offline files on Win7 client disappear from server (Network Steve Forum)

The Group Policy settings in the next link may have an effect on this problem.

http://mcpmag.com/articles/2003/11/0...ine-files.aspx

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/278175-offline-folder-sync-issue-win-7-client-server-2003-flie-server.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Can anyone help me with setting up 515E up 2004 Setting ISA Exchange in Server Server 2003 front and of Pix this network layout with my Pix Firewall Network Layout Pix gt DMZ gt ISA Server gt Exchange Server Users Pix outside IP Address Pix inside IP Address DMZ IP Addresss ISA Server outside IP ISA Server inside IP I ve identified the interfaces IP Address and named all plus the following config global outside interface nat inside nat dmz conduit permit icmp any any route outside I can now access the internet from my ISA Server in the DMZ zone I Setting up Pix 515E in front of ISA Server 2004 and Exchange Server 2003 am intending to put the ISA Server out on the DMZ to access the outside world with static dmz outside netmask and then open all traffic to ISA with access-list acl out permit ip any host any access-group acl out in interface outside then I ll give ISA server access to the inside network with access-list acl dmz permit tcp eq access-group acl dmz in interface dmz With the above commands the first access-list acl out was not accepted by pix plus the second access-list acl dmz so if you could please share some light upon my configurations Regards Semisi nbsp

A:Setting up Pix 515E in front of ISA Server 2004 and Exchange Server 2003

Here, I scrapped your config. NAT bad/static bad/conduit bad/access-list bad.

no fixup protocol smtp
nameif int xxx outside security 0
nameif int xxx inside security 100
nameif int xxx dmz security 80
icmp permit any outside echo-reply
icmp permit any outside unreachable
icmp permit any inside
icmp permit any dmz
global (outside) 1 int
nat (inside) 1 172.17.0.0 255.255.0.0 32768 16483
route outside 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 65.77.78.1 1
static (inside,dmz) 172.17.0.0 172.17.0.0 255.255.0.0
static (dmz,outside) 172.18.0.2 65.77.78.48 netmask 255.255.255.255 << Can't have same IP as interface**
access-list internet permit tcp any host 65.77.78.48 eq 80
access-list internet permit tcp any host 65.77.78.48 eq 443
access-list internet permit tcp any host 65.77.78.48 eq 25
access-list internet permit icmp any any eq echo
access-list internet permit icmp any any eq echo-reply
access-list internet permit icmp any any eq unreachable
access-list internet permit icmp any any eq source-quench
access-group internet in interface outside
access-list dmz permit ip host 172.18.0.2 any << *Read note 1
access-group dmz in interface dmz
access-list inside permit ip any any
access-group inside in interface inside

The above config will nat 172.18.0.2 to 65.77.78.48. You can't static NAT an entire IP to the same as a global (your interface). You can only do this if you NAT specific ports.

The above config will allow internet to reach 65.77.78.48 via TCP 80/443/25. I can only assume you're using ISA for EFE server, and maybe proxy. (Not an ISA fan)

The above config allows your ISA server carte-blanche access. In essence, it's a DMZ by name only. Don't fool yourself.

Don't use conduits, they're deprecated.

Don't use a firewall to permit "any" to your ISA server, actually use it to block inbound ports.

Also, your ISA server shouldn't/can't have two NIC's in the same subnet. That's a bad idea on 10 different levels. IF you're using your ISA server (blech) as EFE / reverse proxy for OWA, and outbound proxy - you might as well keep it on the same subnet as your Exchange server (inside, I'm assuming.) Again, 10 different reasons why it's a flawed security plan.

If this is simply an EFE server or reverse proxy, make sure you don't keep the ISA server part of any AD domain, stick it in the DMZ, and restrict what hosts it's allowed to see on the network that you're trying to protect.

Regards.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-up-pix-515e-in-front-of-isa-server-2004-and-exchange-server-2003.563885/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hello All,

I want to dual boot XP Pro , 2000 Server and 2003 Server and wanted to check the best order to instal these OS's?

Can anyone help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-booting-xp-pro-2000-server-and-2003-server-instal-order.637431/
Relevancy 83.85%

I'm having issues finding the location of en expired certificate that one of my LDAP servers responds with during an LDAPS bind attempt.

I'm using Linux's ldapsearch to perform specific tasks during user creation but recently discovered the certificate expired. I have renewed said certificate and placed it in the personal store on that ldapserver but after debugging the SSL connection it still responds with the previously expired certificate.

Can anyone tell me where this certificate would be stored on Windows Server 2003. I've found multiple post regarding the store in 2008 but that does not exist in 2003. I've searched the whole store using certutil trying to match the serial on this certificate but can't find it anywhere.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

https://hardforum.com/threads/windws-server-2003-ldaps-returning-expired-server-certificate.1911174/
Relevancy 83.42%

Every 5 minutes I get this error message popping up under event viewer on a Windows 2003 Small Business Server (all updates etc):

Event ID: 1054

Windows cannot obtain the domain controller name for your computer network. (An unexpected network error occurred. ). Group Policy processing aborted.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.​
I have done the MS Support site "recommendations", but the Server is pointing to itself for the DNS and the IP address and all that are fine. Not sure why or what is going on here. I can't seem to stop it.

A:Server 2003: (Event Viewer) error every 5 minutes RE: DNS Server

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-2003-event-viewer-error-every-5-minutes-re-dns-server.472922/
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi All Today Proxy server in on my workplace attacked by some hacker Server running Windows Std Edition Service Pack Attack Details A Server help, Server Attack by need Proxy Unknown Hacker, 2003 account created with administrative privilege and while we checked it s logged on with that account strange thing is it s showing built in account 2003 Server Attack by Unknown Hacker, need help, Proxy Server also a exe file called AutoSQL and it started scanning lot s of Public IP s looks like it broadcasting created account is hackp and on event log it showing following successful logon Code Event Type Success Audit Event Source Security Event Category Logon Logoff Event ID Date Time PM User AFT-PROXY hackp Computer AFT-PROXY Description User initiated logoff User Name hackp Domain AFT-PROXY Logon ID x x b fec After initial shock we did scan with Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer it s showing critical update and important update reqd and most interesting part is when I was installing update via Windows update suddenly hacker take my full desktop control accessing my mouse keyboard and cancel update then open Internet Explorer open a site Service Window AutoSql IP Scan Netstat Code Microsoft Windows Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings hackp gt netstat Active Connections Proto Local Address Foreign Address State TCP asdf asdf ms-sql-s ESTABLISHED TCP asdf asdf ms-sql-s ESTABLISHED TCP asdf asdf ms-sql-s ESTABLISHED TCP asdf asdf ms-sql-s ESTABLISHED TCP asdf asdf ms-sql-s ESTABLISHED TCP asdf asdf ms-sql-s ESTABLISHED TCP asdf asdf ms-sql-s ESTABLISHED TCP asdf ms-sql-s asdf ESTABLISHED TCP asdf ms-sql-s asdf ESTABLISHED TCP asdf ms-sql-s asdf ESTABLISHED TCP asdf ms-sql-s asdf ESTABLISHED TCP asdf ms-sql-s asdf ESTABLISHED TCP asdf ms-sql-s asdf ESTABLISHED TCP asdf ms-sql-s asdf ESTABLISHED TCP asdf asdf ESTABLISHED TCP asdf asdf CLOSE WAIT TCP asdf asdf CLOSE WAIT TCP asdf asdf ESTABLISHED TCP asdf asdf FIN WAIT TCP asdf ESTABLISHED TCP asdf http ESTABLISHED TCP asdf ESTABLISHED TCP asdf TIME WAIT TCP asdf TIME WAIT C C Documents and Settings hackp gt netstat -n Active Connections Proto Local Address Foreign Address State TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP CLOSE WAIT TCP ESTABLISHED TCP TIME WAIT TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP TIME WAIT TCP TIME WAIT TCP TIME WAIT TCP TIME WAIT TCP TIME WAIT TCP ESTABLISHED TCP TIME WAIT TCP TIME WAIT TCP FIN WAIT TCP FIN WAIT C Documents and Settings hackp gt Netstat Code Microsoft Windows Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings hackp gt netstat -nr Route Table Interface List x MS TCP Loopback interface x f Intel R PRO CT Network Connection x f Intel R PRO VE Network Connection Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric Default Gateway Persistent Routes Network Address Netmask Gateway Address Metric C Documents and Settings hackp gt We hav PIX in our workplace We hav Trend Micro office scan Using Trend Micro Proxy Server Is there any new vulnerability on server Please help urgent nbsp

A:2003 Server Attack by Unknown Hacker, need help, Proxy Server

For instant Recovery, we re format our servers and change it's password, and fully patched with windows update. still now, no further attack..

Any help would be grate..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2003-server-attack-by-unknown-hacker-need-help-proxy-server.707393/
Relevancy 82.99%

Well we're finally upgrading our server from Windows NT to Windows 2003. Is there any way to import/export all of my data onto the new server? Or should I just share everything I have on NT and then just copy/cut all the information and paste it onto 2003? I'm just trying to figure out what will be the easiest way to move everything since I have about 700 users on NT lol. I really don't want to type all the names in again on 2003....Thanks in advance! :approve:

A:Moving from Windows Server NT to Windows Server 2003

Are you getting a new server with 2003 on it or just upgrading the existing box to 2003?

If it's upgrading the existing server, start here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/upgrading/nt4/tooldocs/default.mspx

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/moving-from-windows-server-nt-to-windows-server-2003.45661/
Relevancy 82.99%

Is there a good guide or tutorial to show you how to set up a file server with file permissions and access?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/seting-up-file-server-permissions-server-2003.294310/
Relevancy 82.99%

I have two domain controllers with different domain names but on the same subnet and with active directory installed. One domain controller is win 2000 and the other is win 2003. The computers are in a workgroup the users don't log on but are connected to the win 2000 box with shares to a program. If I take active directory off the win 2000 box and demote will that affect the computers that are In a workgroup connected to the shares? I want to install all the programs and shares on the new win 2003 box but one computer win not let me log on to the win 2003 box it says no domain available. What can I do to slowly migrate the programs and shares to the new server?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/demoting-a-win-2000-server-with-a-win-2003-server-on-the-same-subnet.136644/
Relevancy 82.99%

What are the steps involved in sharing Windows 2000 Server and Windows 2003 Server resources over a network?

Relevancy 81.27%

Not sure if this is the correct forum. In the past I could use SCOPY to move users files from a File server (NT4 server) to a Windows 2000 server. From what I understand SCOPY does not work properly with 2003. Does Server 2003 have a similar utility to pring in files and retain security permissions ?

Relevancy 81.27%

I have a client who has an existing Server 2000 domain. He is running two Windows 2000 servers in his domain. What he's looking to do is to replace the master domain controller,(the server which was first brought up and hence contains the master copy of the domain database).

I believe that since this is going to be a completely new server and running Server 2003 standard edtiion I believe, that I'll need to first take everyone out of the domain, demote the second domain controller to a stand-alone and then demote the master domain controller which effectively dissolves the domain. Then after bringing the brand new server up, recreate the domain and then the secondary domain controller and join everyone back into domain (new SID but same domain name).

Does this sound correct-could anyone confirm whether this is correct?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

fast586

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-2000-server-2003-domains.554141/
Relevancy 79.98%

Here s the situation Every week I ghost copies of our servers Two Windows servers and two Windows servers Each server has one Western Digital GB ide hard drive in a hard drive rack and there is one open rack for inserting the backup hard drives I use ghost on floppies each is configured to run the ghost backup automatically When I am ready to ghost I insert the backup drive insert the floppy disk and start the server Ghost loads backups the drive and says ghosting is complete I and Server problem Windows Ghost Norton 2003 (long) 2003 take the main drive out and replace it with the ghosted copy The ghost copies for and boot up fine no Windows 2003 Server and Norton Ghost 2003 problem (long) problems FINALLY TO THE PROBLEM When I remove the Ghost copies and reinsert the main drives the Windows 2003 Server and Norton Ghost 2003 problem (long) servers will not boot but the servers do This doesn t happen every week and sometimes one server will work and the other won t When they don t work the servers post but for some reason don t see the hard drive this is not the ghost copy On one of the servers I have figured out the problem When the server won t read the hard drive I would pull out the drive and reinsert it fixing the problem Recenctly the other server wouldn t boot the main drive after it was ghosted I thought maybe the hard drive bay was bad so I switched the hard drive out with a spare bay Reinserted it in the rack and the server still couldn t find the hard drive during boot If I stick the ghost copy back in it boots up without a hitch Is it possible for ghost to destroy a hard drive like that nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2003-server-and-norton-ghost-2003-problem-long.289436/
Relevancy 78.26%

can anybody tell me about the differences/similarities between these two OS features and a way its work.

A:win server 2000 vs server 2003

Look on MS's site. All the info you need is there.EEOC

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-2000/win-server-2000-vs-server-2003/65683.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Does anyone recommend a certain brand of server and a place to buy? I am thinking server 2003 running on a Proliant with a Xeon processor but I am not sure how much power I need. I will be running five database off of one server with 40 workstations local and five connecting via terminal services. will I need dual processor? I am thinking I will need at least 400 GB of hard drive space and at least 1gb of ram maybe more. What do you guys think.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-needed-to-run-server-2003.409949/
Relevancy 78.26%

I'm sorry to bother you guys but I'd really appreciate some additional info on the following. What is the difference between Windows NT 4.0, Server 2000 and Server 2003?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nt4-server-2000-server-2003.292301/
Relevancy 78.26%

hi, on my other computer i am trying to reformat the drive and install windows server 2003 however when i type in format c: i am told the volume is in use and i am unable to lock it, so i really dont know what to do? any help would be great ta

A:2000 Server -> 2003 Server

For stubborn drives I use delpart.exe . Just copy the .exe to a boot disk.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2000-server-2003-server.377511/
Relevancy 78.26%

I have a client that purchased a repossesed Dell PowerEdge server. They have NO disks, or NO passwords that work. I have tried a linux boot disk that is supposed to be able to reset the admin password, but because of the raid controller it doesn't recognize any NTSF partitions. Anyone have any ideas how I can get this system unlocked. Boots up really nice, but then I"m stuck at the login screen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-server-admin-password.339552/
Relevancy 77.4%

I am running Windows Server 2003 with Terminal Services enabled and was wondering if there are any compatibility problems with installing Word 2003. Microsofts website says Windows 2000 with SP3, Windows XP, or later as OS requirements but that is very general.

Thanks in advance, Dave

Relevancy 76.97%

so i have problems with a sbs2003 box. Its slow...fax services are not working properly etc...

the only option i see is to reinstall it.
is there anyway i can migrate accounts,exchange settings,shares ...as much as possible.

how would i go about doing this?

do i have to use some virtual server software...(thats what my friend was telling me)
has anybody got any info or links to accomplishing this...

any info appreciated...

pk

A:migrating server 2003 ..to server 2003

Take a quick look here

http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archiv...er-2003-migration-update-943494-released.aspx

You have three options, theres a fourth but thats install from scratch
ca/groups?hl=en&lr=&scoring=d&q=move+to+new+hardware&btnG=Search&meta=group%3Dmicrosoft.public.windows.server.sbs

1. Swing Migration - http://www.sbsmigration.com

2. forklift. Image your installation and restore it to your new hardware. Some information on this method at http://www.smallbizserver.net. Check out google groups also for some info also.

3. Theres a Microsoft tool called Active Directory Migration Tool. For this you'll need to rename your server and you domain http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=16414

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/migrating-server-2003-to-server-2003.738516/
Relevancy 76.11%

How do I connect via RDC to a windows 2003 server machine. I have tried everything and cannot connect to the machine. Terminal services is running and the RDC service is running. Help!!!

Relevancy 76.11%

i have manged to talk the boss into buying windows server 2003 server windows so we can control network shares and take advantage of user permissions etc windows server 2003 but i need to know some information first i have looked at the windows server small business edition that comes complete with CALs but i need to know what this is all about this is the situation we have pcs at the moment all running xp pro sp all connected via a wireless network we all share and save our documents to the main computer but as different people require different information we need to limit the access to certain shares i have been told that having windows sever will allow this i need to know how the server works am i correct in believing that the server holds all the information including access to programs we all use Microsoft outlook for contact information at the moment we all have different contacts with different documents etc windows server 2003 if i get windows server will this mean that all the computers will join a domain and that all of them will use programs and resources directly from the server and if windows server 2003 so do i need purchase a new server package of office etc for it to work could some one point me in the right direction as to what the company will need after i have purchased windows server will i have to re-install windows on the machines using the CALS or can i just leave them running xp pro i have just purchased a PC Cillin that has licenses will i have to get a server copy of this i have also purchased egenie back up software does this have to be changed for a server edition any information on this would be great as i cant really make any sense of the info MS is providing thanks for your help nbsp

A:windows server 2003

Basically when you setup your server, you'll be pointing all of them to your domain which you can setup certain restrictions and controls for the entire domain. You'll also be able to restrict access to specific users and/or groups (Windows XP Pro also has this function, just you have to do the following: Open "My Computer", go to Tools -> Folder Options. Select the "View" tab and scroll to the bottom. Then, uncheck the "Simple File Sharing" at the very bottom). For more information on "CAL", click here.. You'll be able to leave the clients running XP Pro. In response to your licensing question, it depends on the software as many will require you to purchase "server" or "multi-user" licenses if you're running a server on the system. So, you'll need to read the licensing agreement for the particular software to see for sure. In response to contact information, etc...you'll be able to use Microsoft Outlook Exchange server (email) for setting up scheduling and contact lists. You will not need a new copy of Office as your current version should work nicely with Exchange. (There's a setting for "Microsoft Exchange Server" along with your pop3, etc choices.) What exactly do you mean by access to programs? Hosted on the server? You should just set up the programs on certain computers under the users login. If you really don't want a user to access a specific program, you can login to that client machine under administrator, select your "Security" tab, and remove their access to the specific directory (that the program is located in).

Additional link:
Wikipedia: Windows Server 2003

Hope this information is helpful! If it is/isn't, let me know .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2003.385337/
Relevancy 76.11%

I have a new server at work so brought the 3 yr old server home
has twin xeon 2.8 CPU

I thought it a waste of computer to throw away and so figured on wipe the system and install win 7 to push movies around the home

I just want it to sit in the basement and attach to my readynas pro which has 6 TB of movies

I know little; the windows server 2003 program seems very fast but I am not a tech and have two other i7 game machines with win 7 in the study

I thought win 7 made sense as it is what I am used to

would people agree? or should I leave the server program and try to configure to push movies ? how I do that?

thanks Gaz

A:Windows server 2003 vs win 7

I don't usually prefer "real" servers at home. They are often too noisy and consume tons of power.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/134839-windows-server-2003-vs-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Id like to run a program called stinger through a windows 2003 server and have it automatically scan each clients computer for virus's... Is this possible if so how can I do it??

Relevancy 76.11%

i am having some problems with users on windows server 2003. for some reason, even though they have full permissions, they can not print. if you log in under administrator, you can print with it, but the other users can not print. i am not real familiar with this operating system, so any help would be nice. thanks in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2003.516877/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi,

I'm deciding about buying a dedicated server for webhosting.
One quick question, when is better to use windows server 2003 and when is better to use Linux?
In particular, I was told that in windows server 2003 I can use ASP and PHP without problems, but not in Linux.... is it true?
Can I have a technical explanation for this?

thanks

A:server windows 2003 ?

ASP is a Microsoft website language, and so I'd assume you need Microsoft's IIS webserver to use it (or that IIS would provide the best support for it). PHP should work on a Linux server without any trouble.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-windows-2003.371470/
Relevancy 76.11%

I tried following the directions for dds but it wouldnt work i followed more instructions and was told to post this runscanner log here Basically the computer has been 'jacked Google and yahoo both show signs of it when clicking search results ThanksGod blessWRunscanner logfile signed file- file not foundGeneral info------------Computer name PUREWATERCreation time PMHosts lt gt Hosts file location SystemRoot System drivers etcIE version OS Microsoft Windows Server OS Build OS SP Service Pack RunScanner Version User Language English United States User rights AdministratorWindows folder C WINDOWSRunning processes----------------- C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exe Hewlett-Packard Co C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe Adobe Systems Inc C Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Anti-Virus CAVRID exe CA Inc C Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Anti-Virus VetMsg exe CA Inc C Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite cctray cctray exe CA Inc C Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Anti-Virus ISafe exe Computer Associates International Inc C WINDOWS system csrss exe Microsoft Corporation C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe Microsoft Corporation server 2003 windows C Program Files DNA btdna exe BitTorrent Inc C WINDOWS System dns exe Microsoft Corporation C WINDOWS system ntfrs exe Microsoft Corporation C WINDOWS system svchost exe Microsoft Corporation C WINDOWS System svchost exe Microsoft Corporation C WINDOWS System svchost exe Microsoft Corporation C WINDOWS System svchost exe Microsoft Corporation C WINDOWS System svchost exe Microsoft Corporation C WINDOWS windows 2003 server system svchost exe Microsoft Corporation C WINDOWS system svchost exe Microsoft Corporation C WINDOWS system svchost windows 2003 server exe Microsoft Corporation C WINDOWS system svchost exe Microsoft Corporation C WINDOWS system svchost exe Microsoft Corporation C WINDOWS System svchost exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe Google Inc C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe Hewlett-Packard Co C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe Hewlett-Packard Company C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe Microsoft Corporation C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe Sun Microsystems Inc C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe Sun Microsystems Inc C WINDOWS system lsass exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Common Files System MSSearch Bin mssearch exe Microsoft Corporation C WINDOWS System llssrv exe Microsoft Corporation C WINDOWS system msdtc exe Microsoft Corporation C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe HP C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBUpdate qbupdate exe Intuit Inc C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBCFMonitorService exe Intuit C Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop runscanner exe Runscanner net C WINDOWS System sbscrexe exe Microsoft Corporation C WINDOWS system services exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Web Server Extensions BIN OWSTIMER EXE Microsoft Corporation C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn sqlmangr exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL ACT Binn sqlservr exe Microsoft Corporation c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL SHAREPOINT Binn sqlservr exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe Safer-Networking Ltd C WINDOWS system tcpsvcs exe Microsoft Corporation C WINDOWS Explorer EXE Microsoft Corporation C WINDOWS system Dfssvc exe Microsoft Corporation C WINDOWS system winlogon exe Microsoft Corporation c windows System smss exe Microsoft Corporation C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe Microsoft Corporation C WINDOWS System wins exe Microsoft Corporation C WINDOWS system wbem... Read more

A:windows 2003 server

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/240639/windows-2003-server/
Relevancy 76.11%

Interesting problem and hope that someone can help Am running a small lt user network using Win k server with a domain All clients are XP Pro and using sharing can access requisite folders and files with no problem and can block domain users via sharing from accessing secure folders I have Vista Home Premium laptop that can access Windows server 2003 to VHP the domain shares with no problem VHP to Windows 2003 server except for the fact that there is one folder with xls VHP to Windows 2003 server files that the Vista user can see and can write VHP to Windows 2003 server a file to that folder as they have Full access to that folder However they can access one of the xls files just fine and can change it and so forth The other two xls files they receive quot Access denied quot All xls files are of the same type and created with no difference as they are of different locations within the organization Same xls file just different data The Vista user logs onto his laptop using the same username and password as his domain account Interesting sidelight as when he logs onto an XP Pro workstation using his credentials log onto the domain he receives the same error for the xls files I have deleted and recreated his domain account and also recreated the share and security permissions on the folder in question No one else has any issues with this Does anyone have any thoughts as to the cause The folder in question is a child folder of a parent folder that gives everyone Full access but does not inherit permissions TIA Saavik

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/170386-vhp-windows-2003-server.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I have been asked buy my work to setup a webserver.

I am using windows server 2003.

I have added an application server for IIS but thats where my knowledge of server setup stops.

Just on the setup.
There is a switch with a static IP address.
Attached to the switch is 2 computers,
1 IP phone
1 Grandstream vopi gateway.

I am not really sure what i need to do to make the server a real server from an internal point of view and external...ie internet surfable point of view?

can anyone advise?

Ilan

A:Windows server 2003

These are from my notes when I've done this. I am showing a basic setup. You can do much more than this, but it would require a complete tutorial to identify everything.

* Assumed:
- Windows 2003 Server is installed, and has a static intranet [email protected]
- Your internet router is set to route port 80 to this box
- You have addressed any firewall issues along the way
- Your home page is named "Default.htm"
- You are not using virtual directories
- You want static page delivery (no applications / scripts / etc)

* Application Server Role Setup
- Start "Configure Your Server Wizard"
- Select "Application Server" and press "Next"
- Application Server Option screen
+ select "FrontPage Server Extensions"
+ select "Enable ASP.NET"
+ press "Next", then "Finish"

* Create web site
- rt-click on "Web Sites" / new / Web Site
- Web Site Description screen
+ Description --> <fill in>
- IP Address & Port screen
+ Enter IP Address --> "All Unassigned"
+ TCP port --> 80
+ Host header --> <leave blank>
- Web Site Home Directory screen
+ Path --> <folder holding your pages>
+ "Allow anonymous access" --> <allow>
- Web Site Access Permissions screen
+ "Read" --> select
+ "Run scripts" --> de-select
+ "Execute" --> de-select
+ "Write" --> de-select
+ "Browse" --> de-select
- rt-click on web site / Permissions
+ add "Everyone" for "Read & Exec" & "List Folder Contents" & "Read"

* Set security permissions on the www folders
- Everyone --> read
- {owner} --> full

* Create your home page in specified folder, with name "default.htm"

I hope this helps.

Craig

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2003.743418/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi i got a pc using windows server 2003 and i have setup active users directory. I went to the pc connected to it and tryed to join the domain i got this message:

The following error orrurred attempting to join the domain "network":

Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are now allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared rouse and try again.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2003-help.394157/
Relevancy 76.11%

I know Windows Server 2003 is particularly for servers but what are the differences
and can it be run on a home PC?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2003.656801/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi, could anyone please send me some tutorial or explain how to set-up a New Windows 2003 i mean: How to configure services if you're connected through ISP: DNS,DHCP,VPN,AD etc.. I just instaled win2k3 enterprise server on one of my PC and i'm willing to connect all the other PC and Laptops to this server however I face some problems with connecting them to a Server probably i made some misstakes in configuration so please help ! ! !

Relevancy 76.11%

hi, I have configured a fax server on a windows 2003 machine. I am able to send faxes from xp pro clients and get notification that the fax has been sent successfully. However, I am wondering if there is a way I can get a desktop pop up message to notify me on the client of an incoming fax. The notification shows up on the server, but not the client machine? Can anyone help please? thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2003-fax-server.1048999/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi, could anyone please send me some tutorial or explain how to set-up a New Windows 2003 i mean: How to configure services if you're connected through ISP: DNS,DHCP,VPN,AD etc.. I just instaled win2k3 enterprise server on one of my PC and i'm willing to connect all the other PC and Laptops to this server however I face some problems with connecting them to a Server probably i made some misstakes in configuration so please help ! ! !

A:!NEW Windows 2003 server ! ! !

this the same software you stole in the other thread?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-windows-2003-server.522184/
Relevancy 76.11%

Does anyone know how to set it up on an Active Directory domain to specify which desktop is used, what appears on start menu etc. I know how to do it on 2000 Server but not sure on this one.

ANy help appreciated.

JoneeJay

A:Windows Server 2003

I think your looking for group policies - From any client that is logged on with a User ID that has domain admin rights open up mmc (start/run/mmc/enter). Then in the MMC editor go to File/Add-Remove Snap-in/Add button/Group Policy Object editor/ Then you can do local computer or browse for Default domain policy.

This deals with all the GPO's for the domain.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2003.364798/
Relevancy 76.11%

We have 2 licensed w2k3 servers here with no disks. I would like to install IIS (Internet Information Services) on one server for net printing but the wizard asks for disks which are not to be found. Any suggestions?
cheers

cheeb said:

We have 2 licensed w2k3 servers here with no disks. I would like to install IIS (Internet Information Services) on one server for net printing but the wizard asks for disks which are not to be found. Any suggestions?
cheersClick to expand...

First of all, you should really keep your software in a safe place. You're playing with fire. Secondly, is there an I36 folder anywhere on the machine??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2003.636284/
Relevancy 76.11%

Can someone please advise whether windows 7 will run ok on server 2003. I had heard there may be problems with roaming profiles. Am currently running xp on clients. Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-server-2003.1039615/
Relevancy 76.11%

Id like to run a program called stinger through a windows 2003 server and have it automatically scan each clients computer for virus's... Is this possible if so how can I do it??

Relevancy 76.11%

I have a server running windows 2003 server, It's also running exchange, web server, and FTP.

I have the FTP setup, just like I would on any other server, but when I try to log in using internet explorer, it would lot me. But if I download Winftp or any ftp program, then I can get in right away, no problem. anyone any any ideas?
Thank you.

Relevancy 76.11%

I dont know if this is the right forum... if it isnt feel free to move it.

I just downloaded the demo version of Windows Server 2003. It is a 180-day demo. I am currently running 98SE. Will installing this OS delete my current version of windows? If it does, will my current settings be retained to the windows server 2003?

thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2003.180919/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi i was wondering if anyone knows of anywhere i can download a free step by step guide to fully setup and configure Windows Server 2003? I have started a new job and what they did not tell me during interview was that i would be in charge of the server admin and they have just got a new server that needs setting up and configuring fully, 2003 is installed its the rest of it i am not 100% sure what to do.
I hope someone can help i am in a life and death situation.

Thanks
Mick

Relevancy 76.11%

We have a windows 2003 server, with Windows 7 clients we are finding that once logged onto domain the profiles do not pull down, are we missing a trick with the server?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/server-2003-and-windows-7-a-428868.html
Relevancy 76.11%

My boss is having me to play with Windows 7 for future use. I have loaded it onto my extra laptop. It is 7 Professional. I had no problem joining it to the domain, however, we implement an html desktop across our domain and Windows 7 Pro is not picking it up. Anyone have any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-and-server-2003.895185/
Relevancy 76.11%

I need some help configuring Windows Server 2003. I wanted to know if anyone could like help me 1-on-1 like on AIM or something. I want to have a basic configuration like setup everything the right way (the best way).

I want to also setup the server were my family members like my grandparents and friends can log on to the server with diffrent user names and passwords and access files such as pictures and files and programs.

Can anyone please help me out I have been trying for a very long time to get this working. If I can do all this with Windows XP Professional then could you please tell me how. Thanks.

Relevancy 76.11%

I've been looking into setting up a server but I haven't been able to find the definition of CAL (Client Access License I believe) Yes this may make me sound like an idiot but thats ok I need to know this, exactly what this means and the restrictions or access it gives.

A:Windows Server 2003 CAL?

Never mind I found it on the dell website....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2003-cal.657394/
Relevancy 76.11%

does anyone know anything about windows server 2003 edition? if so, i have some serious questions for you...basically, i have no idea how to run it

A:windows server 2003

What are you trying to run and what are your goals?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2003.458780/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi all..just a quickie..has anyone any idea how much it would cost to buy the above operating system brand new. Its the 'datacentre' version that we are interested in but everywhere you look on the web you just cant get a straight answer to the cost.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2003-server.326719/
Relevancy 76.11%

I was woundering if any one knew how to or why in Group Policy under security settings there is a little lock on the folder. How it got there and how to remove it

Thanks

Greg

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2003-server.241070/
Relevancy 76.11%

Can i run my xp programs on Windows Server 2003?

Short answer - Yes you can

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2003.786194/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello all,

I have a server that's in a datacenter. I can RDP to the server without any problems ok. I would like to know if there's anyway that I can log in remotely and connect to my server as if I'm physically at the server loging into the console. Basically I would like to leave a couple programs running on my server as if I'm logged in at the console so it won't affect or take away from RDP connections.

As you all know Windows server allows to connections simultaneous via RDP without having to buy or run a Terminal Services License server. I know this can be done but I don't know how. Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks in Advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rdp-windows-server-2003.750498/
Relevancy 76.11%

hi!every one,

i have the system Intel Pentium 4 ,2.4 Ghz and i hve two hard disks .one is WinXP installed on it and other one is WIndows 2003 server.The system is OK when i start with WinXP ,but when i start with Windows 2003 server the computer autmatically restarts itself with showing error in message window "One or more system drivers couldnot load properl" and after couple of seconds the system automatically restarts.

Please any one tell me how to resolve this problem?

Thank you.

Amarnath

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2003-server.567475/
Relevancy 76.11%

How do I setup a user so that he is a local administrator on his PC, but just a regular user on the server?

Such as, he can install software and do things that a regular user can't do, but only on his local machine. And say he couldn't walk up to the server and log in with his account and do anything to it.

Thanks

-David

Relevancy 76.11%

DO anyone know how to grant a user full Adminitrative rights to IIS Manager only. This server is part of a domain. Again I need to grant a user full control of IIS manager so they can see the website we are hosting. They really don't need to full admin rights but I to give this user enough access to view the settings for a website we are hosting on this server.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2003.676919/
Relevancy 76.11%

EDIT Moved to appropriate forum boopmeInherited a Win server that is just a mess and had several security issues before I got here We are locking things down now to prevent future intrusions but in the meantime are having Server 2003 Windows a heck of a time with cleanup I ve run HJT and it s pasted below Suggestions help all welcome CODELogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved Windows Server 2003 at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Windows Server 2003 Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Trend Micro BM TMBMSRV exeC Program Files HP Cissesrv cissesrv exeC WINDOWS system cisvc exeC WINDOWS system cpqrcmc exeC WINDOWS system Dfssvc exeC WINDOWS System dns exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system hpqste exeC WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exeC WINDOWS System ismserv exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn msftesql exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL OLAP bin msmdsrv exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Trend Micro Client Server Security Agent ntrtscan exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exeC WINDOWS system sysdown exeC hp hpsmh bin smhstart exeC WINDOWS system sysmgt exeC Program Files RealVNC VNC winvnc exeC Program Files Trend Micro Client Server Security Agent tmlisten exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Trend Micro Client Server Security Agent TmPfw exeC Program Files Trend Micro Client Server Security Agent CNTAoSMgr exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system rdpclip exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system cpqteam exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Trend Micro Client Server Security Agent pccntmon exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC XTCP XTCPService exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system vsjitdebugger exeC WINDOWS system cpqteam exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Trend Micro Client Server Security Agent pccntmon exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS System logon scrC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system services exeC SDC PBASE PBDIRECT EXEC SDC PBASE PBTGATE PBTSRV EXEC SDC PBASE pbipcom exeC SDC PBASE pbipcom exeC SDC PBASE pbtor exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system rdpclip exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system cpqteam exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Trend Micro Client Server Security Agent pccntmon exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL WASPDB Binn sqlagent EXEC Program Files Wasp Technologies WaspTime WaspTimeServer exeC WINDOWS system mmc exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC WINDOWS regedit exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL res iesetup dll softAdmin htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page res iesetup dll softAdmin htmR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetecto... Read more

Hello CBJasonWelcome to BleepingComputer ==========================Download OTL to your desktop.Double click OTL to run it. When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.Under the Standard Registry box change it to All.Under Custom scan's and fixes section paste in the below in boldnetsvcs%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.*%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav %systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /90Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/321130/windows-server-2003/
Relevancy 75.25%

I have some windows server 2003, most of them can be accessed via UNC \\<computer-ip> from clients of XP, Vista, Windows 7, except one can't be accessed from Vista/Windows 7. I keep getting the error messasge "The specified network password is not correct".

Any advice is highly appreciated.