Windows Support Forum

CPU Overheating problem

Q: CPU Overheating problem

PC Specs CPU AMD Phenom II x T GHz Stock cooler NOT Overclocked MB ASUS M A GPU Radeon HD GB GDDR RAM GB DDR HyperX MHz running at OS Windows Ultimate -bit Hello So these last couple of days I ve been struggling to fix my CPU Overheating problem The first time I noticed this problem was when I was watching a Twitch stream using Google Chrome and I had a few other tabs opened gag YouTube Facebook and all of a sudden I got BSOD the dump process went up to and then the whole PC just froze so I had to manually restart it Upon booting I got a message saying quot CPU Temperature too high please enter setup quot CPU problem Overheating So I did and I saw that the temperature was around degrees celsius I turned off my PC and waited a while turned it on and this time it booted normally and when I checked the temp using HWMonitor it was sitting around - degrees idle with cpu usage at - which I think is weird btw my room is CPU Overheating problem cold since I only turn on the heating when it get s below outside The BSOD happened more times of which twice when I was playing a game quot Grey Goo quot I used an ingame cpu temp monitor and noticed that the temperature went from to degrees in minutes of playing p s CPU Overheating problem I had a svchost exe virus located in Windows Temp folder which according to VirusTotal was a BitCoin miner It was starting with windows and using around of my CPU but now I have it quarantined with Malwerbytes Premium Things I ve tried so far Cleaning the PC from dust Replacing thermal paste Changing the Minimum processor state to it was set to by Razer Cortex Power Plan Using SpeedFan to run the CPU fan at - RPM Scanning and cleaning the PC with Malwerbytes ComboFix RogueKiller ADWCleaner Avast Home Edition Spybot Search amp Destroy Things I haven t tried Installing a fresh copy of windows Hopefully things that you guys will advise me to do Sorry for writing a new Harry Potter book but I wanted to include as many details as I can Cheers nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: CPU Overheating problem

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: CPU Overheating problem

Just a question about thermal paste and fans:

How many fans in your case? 3 ? 4 ? (Not counting Video Card fans) 1CPU, 2 Case?

Also how big are the case fans, and are they turned up ? Do any of the fans make noise? (Could not be performing at maximum rates)

for your CPU fan is it also running optimally(no noise, fully cleaned out, not bent)?

What brand is the thermal paste that you bought ?? and how did you apply it? an even thin layer enough to cover the chip fully but not too much so that it's overflowing on it?

Edit: Also forgot to ask, have you checked the Motherboard Chips to see if they are overheating? I've seen that a lot but you said that your temp. monitor programs say it is for sure the CPU so.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-overheating-problem.208366/
Relevancy 43%

Hi, i downloaded Hmonitor to check my motherboard temperatures, and it seems all wrong, i was told to take out the CPU and heatsink and give it a clean i did that everything is clean when i took it out it wasnt TOO hot to hold but it was hot, ive got a print screen of the program, can you guys help me with this its slowing my PC down so bad

2.4Ghz Celeron CPU
768Mb PC2700 Ram
256Mb ATI 9550GE
400W PSU

here is the screenshot of the Program: hardware TEmps any help would be apreciated thanks

A:Help With Overheating Problem

It seems the program has gotten the values switched around. If your motherboard were 70C, you'd have a very noticable problem. So it is much more likely that it's the CPU running at 70.
But that's still a bit hot. (though not too bad, if my memory serves correct)

The easiest way to do something about that is to use a more efficient HSF (heatsink). But before you run out and buy one, let's get into a bit more detail.

How is your pc slowing down? (And who told you to clean your HSF?)
Have you tried to overclock it, or? And have you done any changes to the hardware lately?
Last, what type of Celeron is it? And what is your motherboard?
If you don't know the celeron type, just give us which motherboard you are using, and aprox time of when you bought the cpu...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-overheating-problem.47179/
Relevancy 43%

Hello i m using an ATI Radeon X Series Video card and I am in dire need of some help It is a mb video card with an AMD Athlon X Dual core processor and x mb of ram and so far although the performance hasn t seemed to be affected I ve noticed some overheating problem Serious scary temperatures on the Serious overheating problem catalyst control center I now have a beside fan on it and on desktop it is about C right now but when i play video games World of Warcraft it can run at a worrying - degrees celsius even at lowest quality in the game options With the bedside fan on it the temperatures aren t too different Serious overheating problem than that of with the side case on which is also - The power supplt is Purepower W and im not sure of the motherboard specifications I havent checked the Processor fan but i can if needed and i can also upload a picture of my case Serious overheating problem if anyone would like it Any help would really be appreciated thanks a lot P S although i am not computer illiterate i may not understand the latest computer talk nbsp

A:Serious overheating problem

hi, you can beter download ati tool from here(http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/Tweaking/ATITool) install it and in the settings you can change the cooling options. You can change it to set it dynamicly or others, just choose the temperature and set how fast fan have to spin in %. succes

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/serious-overheating-problem.75314/
Relevancy 43%

Hi thanks for any advice in advance... I hope
My computer overheats quite easy. I noticed this being bored having my temp monitor running while switching through webpages really fast and it went from 50 (average temp) to about 70. My computer also shuts off during games (crysis, bioshock...) and that’s a little irritating.

I have about 3 fans excluding CPU and the PSU. I have 1 on the side for the CPU (air blows in), 1 on the front, and 1 on the back. I am pretty confused why this is happening. Also its a pretty cheapo case...it was my first time putting together a pc...but any help onto fixing this is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Relevancy 43%

I have a new Amd Quad Core Processor I got with asus M4A785-M MOBO but when the MOBO bios crashed I tried to use the processor in another MOBO.......it works but it overheats could it be that the MOBO can't handle the processor???

Relevancy 43%

Well Recently I Posted About A Harddrive Failure...When It Really Wasnt A Harddrive Failure....Because I Just Figured Out That My Computer Is Like A Microwave...

My Setup:

3.0E Pentium 4 Prescott
1GB Kingson PC3200 Ram
160GB 7200RPM Western Digital Harddrive
X800GTO 256MB Video Card
5.1 Soundblaster Live
The Reason I Dont Understand Why It Would Overheat Is Because I Have A Performance CPU Fan, 3 80MM Fans, Side Airduct, And A Side Panel

My Computer Only Restarts From The Overheating When I Play Battlefield 2...

Please Help Me...

Thanks

Just0

Relevancy 43%

Recently there has been a serious overheating problem in my computer tower pertaining to my video card (ATI Radeon 9800 Pro). For some reason, I can only have the computer on for a few minutes before the card overheats, causing my comp to crash. Also I can smell something during the crash, perhaps the plastic of the card. Whatever it is, it has a strong odor. The odd thing is though. This can be avoided if I turn on my computer, then turn off again and then turn back on in a couple of minutes. If I do this, I can keep the comp on for as long as I need. However, if i stress the card by running games (new ones and old ones), my comp crashes.

Ive had this card for about a year, and havent had any hardware changes made since its installation so i have no idea why this is happening now.
Suggestions?

Relevancy 43%

Hello! I've recently bought the HP Omen 15, the 2016 edition with a GTX 965m 4GB and a i7 6700hq. Whenever I play light games the temps are absolutely fine. World of Warcraft, both GPU and CPU both stay around or below 70, which is amazing. However, when I play something more demanding, like Overwatch, it raises de cpu usage to around 40-50% and with it the temps up to 90+ degrees. The GPU however, stays cool, under 70 degrees. These high temps are clearly unhealthy for the CPU and for the computer in general, is this normal?  I remind you, the CPU usage is only at 40% with occasional ups to 50%. Thanks! 

A:Overheating problem

With the high specifications of the PC, it is expected to get hot to a certain point and the Omen is built to handle those temperatures. However, if you feel that the temperatures are too high and if it also causes performance issue like locking or freezing up then call HP support and have them take a look at the PC.  Alternatively you could use an external cooling pad/ cooling fan to reduce the temperatures slightly when playing high CPU usage games. The only reason i could think of at the moment with regards to it overheating is if its always being overclocked or in turbo mode the whole time. that could cause a few overheating issues

Please click ?Accept as Solution ? if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.Click the ?Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say ?Thanks? for helping.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Overheating-problem/td-p/5763317
Relevancy 43%

hello.

i built my pc about a year ago ive had problems with it off and on. but now i think the problem i am having now may be due to overheating for no reason itll reboot or ill get some stupid error msg and then upon reboot says some windows file is missing, Ive reinstalled windows a bunch of times due to this problem. The thing that makes me think its a heat issue is when i clean off the system with air (for some reason it gets a ton of dust) it works fine again. i havent checked temps lately but pc used to run in high 30s or low 40s if anyone can give me some ideas id be grateful . ty.

A:I think i have an overheating problem?

Where are you keeping your tower? It sounds like your only problem is with dust so finding different place to put your tower ie; from the floor to the desktop would solve your problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-think-i-have-an-overheating-problem.407532/
Relevancy 43%

Hello, I built my own computer about 3 years ago. A few days back it started shutting down by itself and I dont mean the windows shutdown. It just shuts off like theres no power. i've just started troubleshooting it but I dont understand whats wrong.

I downloaded this utility called SpeedFan and it showed me the core temp around 60 deg C. As far as I know, thats quite hot and maybe thats shutting it down. I changed the heatsink and even the compound between the sink and the CPU. Its got three 80mm fans inside and one 120mm fan cooling the SMPS.

Any other ideas?

System specs are,

Asus M2R32-MVP motherboard
2 GB DDR2 667 MHz SDRAM
ATI Radeon HD 4650 512 MB graphics
320 GB and 1 TB HDDs

Relevancy 43%

Is there a real "freeware" software anywhere that I can check this?

A:I think I have an overheating problem

The Free version of HW Monitor works great: http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-think-i-have-an-overheating-problem.1051478/
Relevancy 43%

Ok guys this is pretty exciting after hours of research and fearing the fact of losing screws and my warranty if i opened my laptop open i figured there had to be another way I was right nbsp I can not explain to you how warm my laptop constantly was the fan WAS ALWAYS ON ive sent the laptop to hp to get the fan replaced yet again the same problem occured And i managed to solve FIX PROBLEM!! FAN/OVERHEATING DV7 TO HOW this in easy steps nbsp I made an account just to tell everyone who is having this problem and hopefully it will help them the way it helped me STEP nbsp nbsp HOW TO FIX DV7 FAN/OVERHEATING PROBLEM!! If you haven't already UPGRADE THE BIOS TO THE LATEST VERSION THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT STEP After installing the bios update or if you already have the latest bios restart your computer and enter your bios settingsturn of the option for always keeping the fan on STEP I know this is going to HOW TO FIX DV7 FAN/OVERHEATING PROBLEM!! sound stupid but i vacuumed my air vents on HOW TO FIX DV7 FAN/OVERHEATING PROBLEM!! my computer to get all the dust and what not out and it seemed to work I vacuumed each side for about - minutes each moving the vacuum around Im telling you that you need to do this And that's it i have a completely overheating free laptop now It used to be unbearable it would overheat for no reason and i couldnt stand the fan problem But now when i run high end games the performance has increased massively And games such as CSS doesnt even START UP THE FAN ITS CRAZY it barely works the fan i was so shocked before it would overheat like you couldnt believe freeze every minute but now its amazing no sound no nothing programs such as autocad run perfect no fan is worked at all dead silence I REALLY DO HOPE THIS WORKS FOR YOU GUYS nbsp

A:HOW TO FIX DV7 FAN/OVERHEATING PROBLEM!!

Yes You are right! I even did Exactly What you said before seeing your post .. It's actually True and Worked!! Blowing the air vents by an Air Blower or (Vaccuming) really Fixes this problem ... Hope this can help people who suffer the HP Overheating problem!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HOW-TO-FIX-DV7-FAN-OVERHEATING-PROBLEM/td-p/1360861
Relevancy 43%

Hi,I have HP Probook 4540s. Left side of the touchpad mouse is almost constantly overheating. I found out there is graphics chip. When I play games it's hot a whole time. But when I'm on the internet sometimes it's hot and sometimes it's on normal temperature. Is someone experiencing this issue? I would appreciate some help. Thanks in advance.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Overheating-problem/td-p/5760248
Relevancy 43%

During games my laptop CPU heats up to 80-85C according to Speedfan and I8kfanGUI, and up to 95-100 according to Real Temp. How dangerous is it and does it mean that something's wrong with my laptop or that it simply can't handle heavy games?
Also, which program is correct? When not playing, the temperature is around 50-55 (Speedfan and I8kfanGUI) and 65-70 (Real Temp).
I've got Dell Studio 1735 (intel core 2 duo, ATI mobility radeon HD 3650) with Vista home basic and all drivers have just been updated.

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 43%

out of nowhere my graphic card has been overheating severely. I haven't overclocked or done anything, in fact ive lowered the clock rates of the card after it started to overheat. i went away for 3 days came back and within 10 minutes of rebooting the computer it shot up to 60 degrees celcius. it never used to do this, staying around 50... any tips? new psu?

Relevancy 43%

I had installed Windows Home Premium x on my Toshiba laptop several months ago and as soon as the operating system was installed I was having heat problems I figured maybe it was because I had not yet installed any drivers but even after doing so and making sure they were up to date the problem persisted I then installed Windows XP Pro x with it as a dual-boot and discovered that the Problem Overheating laptop ran perfectly fine just as it had with Vista as well Knowing that this amount of heat is not exceptionally quot healthy quot for a computer I went back to my Windows Vista Ultimate x amp Windows XP Pro x dual-boot I eventually called Toshiba about the issue and they asked if my BIOS was up to date I told them which version I had and they said that it was up to date They advised to take it in and get it looked at which I refuse to do because it works fine in XP or Vista The heat problem I have encountered goes like this I boot my computer up and it boots up fine until it is in Windows The fan will run at a very low speed during this time and will not change When I put my hand there the air it is blowing is not that hot After minutes the fan remains at the same speed but the heat it blows out is increasingly Overheating Problem warm After minutes the air it blows is very very hot and almost painful to hold my hand close to the vent and within a few short minutes the fan changes its speed for the Overheating Problem first time since boot-up The speed it kicks into is incredibly fast the fan at this point blows faster than it had ever blown in Vista or XP still to this day it is not comparable to speeds it has blown in XP or Vista The heat is incredible After about - mins more or less the computer shuts down immediately without warning I am all out of ideas and I would really like to have Windows but I don't want a fried computer

A:Overheating Problem

Never mind.... I have finally found the concluding answer to this issue (good riddance), and I now run a dual-boot between Windows 7 and Windows XP. I must say, now that I am getting the chance to use Windows 7 without burning my laptop, it is definitely a huge improvement from Windows Vista.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/108091-overheating-problem.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi all,

I have recently been having a problem with my CPU over-heating when running large processes (like games in fullscreen etc). It automatically restarts the machine when reaching 70c (which I understand is the maximum temperature for the CPU).I am aware that this problem has occurred to other people using the AMD Athlon 64 processor. The problem has been happening for a while but I can't remember the exact time/date. However I remember this problem not happening with my old PSU. My old PSU was 500w and my new one is probably half that.

Can a lower voltage PSU cause problems with a CPU overheating? Would be interesting to know as I would rather pin-point the problem then waste a load of cash

Thanks

Relevancy 43%

Hey Recently my PC has been shutting down mainly while playing newer games but also while doing many things at the same time - scanning installing programs web surfing etc It just turns off with no warning or anything At first this only happened during games so I thought it might just be an old not powerful enough PSU But after monitoring the tempuratures of certain components with SpeedFan I ve noticed that when Temp gets to C it shuts down Two games which get Temp that high are Call Of Duty and GRID All other games never reach this high Screenshot below As you can see I m running COD in a tiny windowed mode with all settings set to low I have de-dusted my PC with compressed air to no avail I ve also Problem Overheating had the case open in an air conditioned room which only delayed the inevitable by a few minutes I ve checked that all fans in my PC case are working fine all spinning at a fast pace My PC specs are - Windows XP SP - AMD Athlon tm X Dual Overheating Problem Core Processor MMX DNow CPUs GHz - GB NVIDIA GeForce GT - W PSU - GB RAM x GB sticks I m out of ideas of what to do next Any advice is appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 43%

Two days ago I was overheating problem? Possible downloading an upgrade for Window Media Player and the download got stuck part way through I disconected from the net and tried to reconect but all the programmes were frozen all I could do was move the mouse pointer The PC Possible overheating problem? wouldn t even let me shut down I switched of at the mains and rebooted the PC it got through to the main XP Pro screen but again everything was frozen I tried a few more times with the same result I left everything for a couple of hours tried again and everything was fine The PC ran for about hours and then the same problems with freezing The day after I took the sode panels off the PC and it ran all day without problems The next day I replaced the panels and after about hours the problems returned Both fans appear to be working well is there anything I can run that will check things out for me or can anyone offer any advice or suggestions The system is just under a year old and get regularly cleaned of dust etc Regards Mike nbsp

Relevancy 43%

I used the program Coretemp, and this is the temperature it gave me. I also have an Nvidia 8500GT if that makes any difference.
Is this normal? Can I just buy another fan and fix it?

A:Overheating problem?

No that is absolutely not normal. Either the sensors are broken or your CPU cooler is not in its place correctly, or the fan in it isn't spinning. Reseat the cooler, clean it of the old thermal solution, apply new thermal paste, preferably Arctic Silver 5 or other good stuff, when putting the cooler in place have your motherboard out of the case so you can be sure about all the pushpins going fully through the motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/overheating-problem.794078/
Relevancy 43%

hi my pc has just turned itself off after overheating, i left it to cool down for about 2 hours then turned it back on and it wont start up it sometimes it plays 5 beeps, and other times it plays repeating short beeps and sometimes 1 short, 1 long beep. what is wrong

A:pc overheating problem

Do a search here or at the web of the manufacturer of your Bios, Award ,etc. for the beep code error messages meaning.
Before you turn your machine on again ,you might want to try and figure out why it overheated in the first place.It only takes seconds to fry a CPU.
Are all fans running?Clean/reapply thermal Paste to CPU/heatsink.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-overheating-problem.30041/
Relevancy 43%

Im having this problem with my Gateway T-1625(32 bit)..... it gets soo hot that i have to keep it on the lowest power setting or the cor temp will shoot over 80 degrees C........ how can i solve this problem

A:Overheating problem

Buy a can of compressed air, try to use it to blow dust out of the laptop through the vents and holes in it. If it does not work, then you'll need to actually open the laptop and undust it using the compr-air that way.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/overheating-problem.793910/
Relevancy 43%

Hello, I am just trying to pick some brains on what could be causing my overheating issue.

PC Specs:
Pentium D 805 (stock fan)
Raidmax Virgo 811W Case
1GB DDR 3200 RAM
Intel D101GGC motherboard

my proc clocks in at a hot 85c on average, but when i try to do ordinary tasks such as install some programs or use hardcore flash games, my computer shuts down and when i reboot its between 95c and 98c (hot as hell) anybody got any ideas on how i can fix this cooling issue and quick?

try turning off the computer for an hour then open the side of the computer case and run it like u do any other day and see how hot it gets

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overheating-problem.82885/
Relevancy 43%

Hi,
I recently upgraded my PC to this configuration:
Processor: AMD FX-8320
Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 R2.0
Video Card: ATI RADEON HD 5770
RAM: Kingston HyperX 2 x 4 GB DDR3 1600 MHz
Hard Disk: Western Digital 1TB Blue SATA3
PSU: Thermaltake 530W SMART SERIES

My CPU temperature is extremely high.
When I'm not doing anything it's around 40 celsius, but I recently played Battlefield 3 and COD Ghosts and it shut down. The temperature was about 95 celsius.
What is happening to my CPU?

A:CPU overheating problem

Are you using the stock cooler? I have the same CPU and ended up replacing the stock cooler because of bad temperatures. How is the rest of your system's cooling situation? The highest recommended temperature that CPU is rated for is 62C for the processor and 72C for the AM3+ socket.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-overheating-problem.202863/
Relevancy 43%

Hi all I ve heard problem Overheating wonderful things about this forum I hope I can find some answers here I am an avid Sims player I have dealt with the quot blue Overheating problem screen of death quot solved my problem with that by downloading modded custom drivers created specifically for the ATI cards It worked like a dream I Overheating problem noticed the stickied thread about problems with TS and I searched for problems associated with my own amp Overheating problem couldn t find anything My problem has to do with an overheating video card this is happening all the time since installing the Seasons EP The modded drivers allow me to see the core temp of my card at any given time I find my card over heating to degrees with under MB of downloads after only a few minutes in the game I cleaned out my tower canned air blown outward - no dust bunnies left to speak of and it got worse really No crashing because I hear my card s fan kick on amp I know it s heating up At this point I minimize the game amp let it sit for minutes amp the temp is normal again I ve never overclocked my card The only things I run are preschool games my kid s games PSP and TS with all the EPs except the mini rip-offs ie Glamour Life Holidays etc I bought the computer specifically for my TS addiction Our old pc wasn t handling the load as well as I thought it should but after all I ve been through I am wondering if it was even worth it - aside from having my own pc just for me A side note before Seasons my game was running with over GB of downloads having to minimize after a few hours of play for a cool down I have a Dell XPS Dual core tech ghz GB of RAM and a MB ATI X graphics card I know it exceeds the specs Please help I hope someone knows what the problem may be Thanks Edit to add TS is the ONLY game or program that overheats the card nbsp

Relevancy 43%

I recently got a pny nvidia gts with gig ram i ve got it in an sli config with a galaxy gts with the pny gpu as number The card generally runs at degrees while on the desktop manually putting the fan to with an extra fan at the side blowing air through the heatsink and to the gpu fan gets the temperature down to about The galaxy graphics card generally runs at about degrees while on the desktop This isn t too bad in itself but whenever I try running a game skyrim for example it generally overheats and kills my computer within half an hour last overheating possible problem time I tried it it took about possible overheating problem ten minutes Have I bought a faulty card or is this what pny graphics cards are like Also how effective are those seperate gpu coolers you can buy on amazon for example would it be worthwhile looking into getting one of those Oh also I ve noticed that the temperature varies rapidly when I m playing a game While I m running skyrim it ll run really hot generally in the nineties within five minutes but as soon as I minimise the game it ll shoot down to the mid to low eighties within a second After that it ll slowly reduce down to it s apparent normal running temperature of to degrees nbsp

A:possible overheating problem

No offense, but do you really think all PNY cards overheat and fail?

Sounds like you have a faulty card or a case with really poor airflow (and/or too much heat build up from other hardware). As it's new, contact PNY. They will want to troubleshoot and will RMA if it's faulty.

With that said, for testing purposes, use a single card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-overheating-problem.1030323/
Relevancy 43%

Hey everyone Overheating problem? I am having some issues with my PC lately The problem Overheating problem? is All my PC games lag constantly both offline and online Games that I played flawlessly before now lag even the older ones like Freelancer for instance My BIOS shows - C CPU temp Overheating problem? which is most likely the problem I have tried - Reformatting my HDD - Checking for malware with various tools such as HijackThis SmitFraudFix Nod Malwarebytes anti-malware - Updating Direct X - Overheating problem? Downgrading and updating video drivers - Reformatting my HDD using Built in Disk Defragmenter Auslogics Disk Defrag - Checking my HDD with built in disk checker and TuneUp Disk Doctor - Testing my RAM several times with Memtest - Running with only RAM module and switching with the other one - Cleaning the fans and heatsinks on GPU CPU and Northbridge - Replacing Thermal Paste on all three of them - Cleaning the slots - Leaving the case open while running - Disabling and removing my Sound Card It is possible that I have overlooked something while doing this so please any kind of advice will be appreciated EDIT I forgot to mention that watching videos on my PC also isn t as good as before and it is choppy when in full screen nbsp

A:Overheating problem?

No question, it's overheating. You've probably have surpassed the threshold of software you can run on your system without needing more cooling. Current installed software gets larger with updates and newer versions a 2 to 4 times largers. Consequently, you system runs a lot more software which generates a lot more heat. My step-fathers computer started crashing on anti-virus scans because the detections rules were twice as large as when he initially bought the computer. The scans took twice as long and the system overheated.

I'd suggest, if you have't already, add a "system fan". Basically, you add a second fan at the vent in the back of the chassis. Your CPU fan helps draw heat off the heatsink on your CPU but the chamber can't vent the hot air fast enough. The second "system fan" helpe evacuate the chamber.

Repost if this isn't a solution.

-- Andy

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overheating-problem.135372/
Relevancy 43%

First off relevant system specs Intel P Prescott ASUS P C E Deluxe BIOS Dual Channel DDR Leadtek Winfast A GT MB AGP Stock Intel CPU HSF used Arctic Silver Idel temps C Load Temps C may be the problem Graphic Settings Video Bios Forceware Anisotropic my problem? overheating Is Filter x Anisotropic Mip Filter On Anisotropic Sample Optimization Off Antialiasing Settings x Conformant Texture Clamp Hardware Extension Limit Off Force Mipmaps None Gamma correct antialiasing off Hardware Accel Single Display Performance Negative LOD Bias Clamp Texture Filtering Quality Transparency Antialasing Off Trilinear Optimization On Triple Buffering Off Vertical Sync Use d application setting Max temp at load C Resolution x mhz refresh with Syncmaster MW Basically when playing World of Warcraft my frame rate drops from FPS with settings on medium to or lower when I enter any graphics intensive area This card should be able to max out settings for such a low resource game as Warcraft I know Pressies run hot but I m thinking when it s hitting or so it s throttling back and lowering my FPS My GPU never gets hot I just ordered a Zalman CNPS and I m hoping this is the problem but figured I d ask if anyone saw anything else wrong The card worked great for the first few days and then I began suffering these debilitating FPS drops Any ideas Thanks ahead of time appreciate all the help I can get nbsp Is overheating my problem?

A:Is overheating my problem?

Are you sure your gfx card isn't overheating? How good is your case circulation?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-overheating-my-problem.59224/
Relevancy 43%

I bought a new power supply because i thought that this will be the solution in my overheating pc.. [always blue screen ] but why is it that it still blue screen even though i have a new power supply?.. what could be my problem?..

*note
tell me if i'm in the wrong section.
thank you for those who will help :)

-january

Could it not be a CPU/Case fan problem, seeing as them two components are employed to keep the computer cool??!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/overheating-problem-219605.html
Relevancy 43%

Hey guys First off let me say I m a complete when it comes to exactly how a computer operates and its hardware components Sadly though I seem to have a bit of an issue with exactly that My pc works half I got a systemspec list for your information Quote Windows Windows Vista Home Premium Edition Service Pack Build Internet Explorer Memory RAM MB CPU Info Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz CPU Speed MHz Sound Card Luidsprekers Realtek High Defi Display Adapters ATI Radeon HD ATI Radeon HD RDPDD Chained DD (PSU overheating problem?) GPU RDP Encoder Mirror Driver Monitors x Algemeen PnP-beeldscherm Screen Resolution X - bit Network Network Present Network Adapters NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller CD DVD Drives K UZYPO E CHI WP Ports COM NOT Present BIOS Info AT GPU overheating (PSU problem?) AT COMPATIBLE ACRSYS - Time Zone West-Europa standaardtijd Battery No Battery Motherboard ACER MCP PV I bought it as Acer Apire M All the original parts are still there The problem is as follows For a long time now my pc has had tremendous issues with booting One of several things can happen Either - It hangs at the very first screen I get the Acer title screen After a while the blue light indicating activity starts burning it never goes off and my pc doesn t boot - It hangs at the title screen for a while then proceeds through all the usual stuff to a black screen with a single blinking in the top left corner of the screen It never continues - It hangs at the title screen then goes through everything normally till it gets to the vista microsoft title screen the one with the green slider indicating that it s doing something The slider moves from left to right a few times like it should then freezes up Always at the same point After a short while it continues and boots like it should All this is making it very annoying to boot up since it can take up to hours counting all the reboots I have to do I m really wondering what could be wrong But the problem gets worse When I play any game and monitor the gpu temps the temperature reaches over degrees C in seconds flat If I continue playing it crashes and goes unresponsive a gpu failsafe I now have to play games with a big deskfan blowing into my now permanently open case That went fine so far until now when even with the fan blowing at full speed it crashes in max mins It seems unrelated to the graphics settings I ve heard elsewhere that it might be a problem of my psu not supplying enough power when I checked the psu it didn t seem to list a wattage and I couldn t find it online either and on other places I read that it s impossible for the psu to cause such problems Being a dummy I haven t a clue what s causing it I ve read many things on replacing the thermal sink or paste but I have now clue how to go about doing that or what it looks like on my gpu nbsp

A:GPU overheating (PSU problem?)

Looks like the Aspire M3641 uses 250W power supply. Found specs for ED7200A & U3702A, both has 250 W PSU, so I'm guessing all M3641 uses it.

The fan on the video card is working?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gpu-overheating-psu-problem.173798/
Relevancy 43%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Pro bit Processor AMD FX tm - Eight-Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC M A L-M USB Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled OK although I have been running my own computer repair business successfully for years there are always problems cropping up that you have never encountered before Usually a few minutes with Google can help but I am afraid that I cannot solve a problem I have been having with my own Problem? Overheating main computer for the past few weeks I have been suffering from random and frequent sudden shutdowns for no obvious reasons he computer can shutdown while idling while downloading or streaming or just while I am emailing If I try to reboot straight away it usually Overheating Problem? shuts down before reaching the desktop Generally I am having to wait at least minutes before it will boot up again Occasionally when I reboot I get a BIOS message which says that I have experienced a power surge which caused the shutdown but this does not appear every time At times these shutdowns occur within a few minutes of booting up the computer but at other times it runs fine for several hours Please note that apart from the CPU fan I have case fans fitted one rear and two front I have also run the computer within one side panel fitted So far these are the steps I have taken to try to resolve my problem but none of these have worked I run my system via a power surge protector block and initially replaced this with a new one I fitted a new power lead Although I tested my PSU and this showed no faults I replaced it with a new w EZCool PSU After none of these measures made any difference I then suspected that the CPU was overheating and installed some monitoring software to see what was going on I was quite surprised when the software reported that the CPU core was generally showing a temperature of around C when idle and around C with some applications were open A peak of C was reported when I was streaming video All these seemed quite high to me In an attempt to reduce these readings I invested in a new CPU fan an EVO Hyper which was recommended by several people on blogs that I researched However again this made no difference either to the temperatures I was seeing or to the random shutdown problem which still persists So I am now out of ideas I hope there is someone out there who can come up with something that may help solve this problem Anyone with any ideas would be very much appreciated This is my main work computer and was quite expensive as you can see from the specification Add in the new parts I have already replaced and I have quite a big investment in it and hope I can solve this problem without too much more expense nbsp

Relevancy 43%

Idk whats going on as some of you may have noticed I ve been having multiple issues with this computer i just got the friend that built it for me played through all of bioshock and ran a burn test he said everything was maxed or something and it didn t overheat now as of yesterday i actually had time to sit down and game for a bit this was after i had to replace the CMOS battery and if i have my case on the computer will just shut off after - mins of gaming if i take the case off it doesnt do it i was playing am- pm w out the case i put it back on and mins later it shut off so i took the case off again and now its fine any ideas as how i can fix this so i can play with my case Also why would it have been fine when he tested it did replacing the CMOS battery change some settings nbsp Problem Overheating

Relevancy 43%

Hey guys as the title says I think I m having some trouble with my graphics card I was playing on my gaming desktop with which I ve had no previous problems had for just over years About minutes into the game Team fortress if that info is important the display seemed to crash and turned into a strange mosaic-like pattern which I ve never encountered before I couldn t bring up task Possible problem overheating manager or do anything but I could still hear the computer was playing everything properly I turned off the comp at the plug and left it about an hour Possible overheating problem later while my Possible overheating problem younger brother was playing Modern Warfare the same thing happened and generated a very similar pattern I m taking it as a warning of some kind but where it wont tell me what I m doing wrong I m just going to go in circles if I try anything without help So far all I ve done is leave the computer off and I ve cleaned it out as it was a quite dusty inside due to it having about fans but I doubt that was the cause and now I m afraid of permanently damaging it if I turn it back on Any suggestions would be extremely helpful however I m not as computer literate as I thought and while looking around on the net I ve been bombarded with jargon I just can t grasp or even search up to find the meaning of the terms so I am looking to the most patient of you for help When I registered I put down all the info I could remember about my computer but it was bought for me so I ll have to do some digging if you need any more information Thanks in Advance EDIT Sorry I thought my comp specs would appear at the end of my post this is all I can remember at the moment Windows Vista home premium AMD Phenom Quad core GHz black edition Nvidia GeForce GTX GB Ram If any more info is required I will provide as fast as possible I will be checking this every minutes or so most likely nbsp

A:Possible overheating problem

Does this problem only happen with that 1 game or others also?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-overheating-problem.913101/
Relevancy 43%

Hello about a year ago Problem Overheating the existing PSU in my aging desktop decided it had had enough and went Overheating Problem into retirement with no notice whatsoever as a result of this I was given a spare one by a friend W I can t remember what the power rating was on the original PSU anyway I have been having lockup and shutdown problems usually when doing a system security scan or anything involving lots of graphics when the PSU case gets quite hot The thing is I m not sure if this is a case of the PSU not being powerful enough or a CPU problem and since I have no other PSU to test by replacement I risk possible unnecessary expense I have monitored CPU voltage during Disk Cleanup and it only varies between V to V and on the PSU the only voltage that shows any variation is the - V line which sometimes rises to about - V However the internal case temperature rises from about c to c before the system shuts down without any warning Can anyone give any indication of whether this is a PSU or CPU problem Any help much appreciated thank you The motherboard in an NEC INTEL i version x northbridge - Intel i revision A southbridge - Intel BA ich rev A CPU - Intel R Celeron R GHz Socket uPGA Mb of RAM nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/overheating-problem.865970/
Relevancy 43%

hi there im having a problem here i have recently download graded from vista to xp pro on both laptops both had vista on them and when i tryed to look for the xp drivers on acer and hp compaq homepage there where none the both laptops where only for vista but i managed to find all the right drivers manually for both overheating problem laptops but laptop is fine runs great and that is acer aspire specs for that intel celeron mhz cpu and gb ram and gb hd and mb mobile intel r express chipset family graphics but the problem im having is with this overheating problem laptop hp compaq presario cq - em cpu mhz amd sempron and mb nvidia graphics and gb ram and gb hd i have no viruses as its a clean install and scanned for them too but at the top left of the laptop gets hot after a while then lower left starts to get warm if i start to play a game on the internet using flash after mins of play it starts to lagg the scroll bar gets sticky and everything starts to slow i have noticed only when i use flash player in task manager it says ie or any browser uses cpu usage nothing else is taking up the cpu usage ive checked all its only ie or whatever browser im usingbut google chrome has its own task manager in tools on there page and i see whats taking up of that and its flash player only when i use it though and i need flash player sometimes it gets that bad my laptop shuts down i mean completely goes off as it gets too hot any ideas anyone please nbsp

Relevancy 43%

System Specs P E FSB CPU Overheating problem Intel GBF built in VGA sound MB TwinMOS cl ram GB seagate SATA Standard W PSU extra casing fan for cooling OS Windows XP SP Fresh installation with a few CPU Overheating problem softwares CPU temperature idle - C CPU temperature load - C Alarm starts ringing As you can see the idle temperature is around - C and when I start a program the temperatures jumps to around C and while running any program such as Norton Antivirus the temperatures shoots to C and alarm starts ringing on Intel Active alert the program which comes in the mobo CD for detecting temperatures I have also used MBM Motherboard monitor to check the temperatures being shows by intel active alert and both are showing the same temperatures which means that the alarm and temperatures are correct Why this much high temperature Please keep in mind that this is afresh intallation of WinXP and only a couple of softwares have been installed I have started this PC after about month I haave another PC AMD and this one has been lying idle Another interesting thing to note is that while both PCs are kept in the same room in the same conditions other PC is amd with gt in a smaller casing and without extra casing fan the pc with amd is showing temperatures of around C on load while p is showing C The CPU fan of P is also working fine What do you think is casuing such high temperatures and what is the solution nbsp

Relevancy 43%

I have just had my Ivy Bridge crash and am trying to reinstall Windows on a new drive but when I start the machine up - it has almost completed the install the BIOS lets go with warning beeps and a message that the CPU is over temp.

In the BIOS it is set to the auto settings for any of the CPU and fans stuff and I am not really overly confident in what I should be setting. The CPU an i5 3570K is hitting 81C whenever I start the machine up and refuses to budge past the BIOS beeps.

It is a reasonably new build about seven months so I don't think it is the thermal and the Intel LC cooler block feels almost cold to the touch as does the rad.

Any ideas appreciated as this is just another set back in a horror two days.

A:CPU overheating problem

I would re do the cooler seating just to be sure.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/298726-cpu-overheating-problem.html
Relevancy 43%

As some of you may know, I have changed my case. It is a Micro BTX case and has an intake fan in the front, an exhaust fan in the back, and one on the graphics card. My speedfan temps read:
Temp1 77F
Temp2 93F
Temp3 79F
Local 100F
Remote 127F ---???
Core 111F
Are these running too hot? I have an AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core 3800+
I went out to Best Buy and got a spot fan from Antec for $20 and it diddnt seem to have much of an effect

The temps which are in degrees Fahrenheit are fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/overheating-problem.590106/
Relevancy 43%

I have an AMD Athlon 2200XP (1800mhz) machine from Time computers. I have an MSI MS-6382 motherboard and 512MB ram. I recently upgraded to a Creative Ti4800 GFX card. Its seems to be running well with 3dmark scores about 10500. Ever since i have had the machine (about a year) a high pitched whistle can be heard from the case. I have looked inside and fiddled around making sure everything is screwed down correctly, and im sure the sound is coming from the PSU. Sometimes it gives me a headache! Today i had a temperature warning and it peaked at 70 degrees celsius and im sure this is too hot. It normally runs at around 55 degrees. Does this sound right? Could the PSU be knackered?

Thanks in advance

Dave

A:Overheating problem (another one ;))

Sounds like one of your fans is about to pack in. You'll need to take a look inside your case with it running to see if you can find out which one is making the noise.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overheating-problem-another-one.6695/
Relevancy 43%

My system is overheating and causing problems. The system generates a lot of heat as it has a quad core, four hard drives set up as a RAID and two ATI HD3800 cross fire cards. Space is relatively limited and I currently have Two 120mm fans blowing on the motherboard, one case fan blowing air into the sytem and stock fans on the video cards. Recently I've taken the side off and aimed a fan at it to keep the heat down. Any suggestions as to how to get the temperature down? I'd like to put the side of the case back on.

Thanks!

Relevancy 42.57%

I have a generic machine running W2000 pro and the client says that it kept shutting down by itself. I found that the cpu cooling fan was worn out so I replaced it. Here is the problem, now windows wont load I cant get any programs to run, I tried to get the seagate HD diagnostic tool to run to check the HD but it gets to 35% and quits. everything just freezes while trying to start. Is this a motherboard problem or what do I need to test next or check.

Relevancy 42.57%

Good afternoon TSG Basically I Problem CPU Solved: Overheating have a problem with my CPU overheating this problem appears to have came on suddenly I have never had any problems with Solved: CPU Overheating Problem respect to overheating before - but yesterday admittedly whilst Solved: CPU Overheating Problem trying out various performance tweaks but not overclocking or anything which would affect CPU usage when I restarted my computer it emitted several scary beeps on boot and the screen said the CPU was overheating I went to the BIOS screen and the CPU was at degrees centigrade so I shut her down immediately The next day I boot up the PC and the CPU is at a normal degrees but the temperature soon begins to rise Watching the BIOS screen for minutes the temperature goes from to degrees The CPU fan appears to be working with BIOS reporting that its spinning at RPM and it clearly visibly spinning if you take the side of the machine off The PC was home built years ago this christmas the processor is a Ghz Intel Quad Core and the m b is an ASUS P QL I really don t know where to start diagnosing this problem Can anyone give me any advice Regards Henry nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

I wanted to post my experience in case others are having the same problem I have a Dell Latitude D with the Quadro NVS M graphics card I have been running Windows bit since the beta started I switched to RC when it came out again bit I just last week installed the bit RTM professional code Since installing the RTM code my system has shutdown three days in a row due to overheating This did not happen in Beta or RC This was a clean install Technically I guess it was a clean upgrade from a clean RC install What I have found out so far is that at some point during the day svchost exe freaks out and starts eating up RTM Windows Problem Overheating 7 of the CPU This causes the Windows 7 RTM Overheating Problem CPU to heat up and eventually overheats My fans are working fine I tested them using Dell Diagnostics I do need to blow out my system which will help However the root cause is svchost exe freaking out and running constantly The first two times it overheated it happened while I was away from my computer I came back to my desk and it would not come out of sleep Well I thought it was sleeping but it was dead I had to power it off and back on then I saw the error message about overheating The third day I noticed Windows running slower then the fans switched from low to high So I started looking at the Task Manager and found svchost exe going wild Then it shutdown before I had time to troubleshoot more I downloaded SpeedFan to monitor temperatures and Process Explorer to see more information Day four svchost exe freaked out again and I could see my CPU cores heating up I checked Process Explorer and Smart Card SCardSrv service appears to be the culprit I tried killing that thread both in Process Explorer and by stopping the SmartCard service and both failed So I rebooted before it overheated and all was well after the reboot I do not yet know the root cause or the exact trigger for scardsrv dll freaking out I do not use Smart Cards so I will likely try disabling that service and see if the CPU utilization problem and eventual overheating goes away If I find out any more I will post back here Hopefully this helps someone else Jamie

A:Windows 7 RTM Overheating Problem

I did some more testing this morning and I have two updates.

The trigger is for the svchost.exe / scardsrv.dll cpu utilization problem is to sleep the computer twice in a row. I can reproduce this by...

1. Fresh boot.
2. Log in.
3. Wait for things to calm down.
4. Sleep the laptop.
5. Wait a minute.
6. Wake it up.
7. Wait a minute for things to calm down.
8. Sleep the laptop a second time.
9. Wake it up.
10. Wait a few seconds and svhost.exe goes to 50%. Then confirm with ProcessExplorer that it is Smart Card (SCardSrv) thread causing the problem.

This explains why the overheating happens late in the work day for me. It takes coming out of sleep two times for it to happen then time for it to run the CPU cores till they get too hot.

The second update is that disabling the Smart Card service does prevent this problem.

I suppose if I wasn't too busy or had a spare D620 I would try this on a totally clean system with no 3rd party software. Then if it still happened I would try the 32bit version. I think for now I'm sticking with the disabled Smart Card service.

I posted this as a overheating problem, though others might first see this as a performance problem, or CPU ultilization problem depending on how quickly you catch the problem or how good your cooling system is.

Anyways, hopefully this helps someone else.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/28709-windows-7-rtm-overheating-problem.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi I'm typing this from my desktop computer I own a Vista with a major problem It overheats badly It randomly shuts down every - minutes I know that this is due to overheating A couple seconds after I turn the laptop on the keys become too hot Problem Major Overheating to touch I know that loads of dust are clogging up the internals and that the Vista needs to be cleaned out Now I know what Major Overheating Problem you're all thinking quot Disassemble it and use a can of compressed air blah blah blah quot That's where the problem comes in My Vista was manufactured under the assumption that nothing bad would happen It's impossible to disassemble This was intentional Unscrewing all the visible bolts under the computer does nothing It even says this in the User's Manual The air vents are very thin You couldn't stick a thumbtack in there If I can't disassemble it then surely there is no way to clean the innards I brought the laptop to a Best Buy store They told me this They informed me that there is nothing that they could do because of the design of this Vista If you have some idea please help A week ago this problem was nonexistent I have some really important documents saved in that Vista ALSO I have no idea why the area under my name says that I have a bit Vista not a

A:Major Overheating Problem

Hello, you failed to mention make and model of the computer in question . Laptop with Vista is all i see you posted .

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/295171-major-overheating-problem.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I recently built a new PC based on a Gigabyte P35-DS3R E6750....

I haven't overclocked as yet.

I installed Speedfan and it shows core temps at idle of around 20c rising to 45ish on full load.

Fan 1 (CPU heatsink fan) varies from 0 RPM to 1700 depending on load,

Fan 4 is stable at around 1500 RPM.

So far, so good.. BUT from time to time Fan 1 fails to kick-in and the Core temps rise to 75/80c.

Only powering off/on solves the problem.

I have disabled the 'auto' setting in the BIOS so it now runs on full all the time which 'solves' the problem.. but I don't understand why it sometimes fails to start.

A:Core 2 Duo overheating problem..

Do you have a good enough power supply? To be safe you should have at least a 350 watt one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/core-2-duo-overheating-problem.709509/
Relevancy 42.57%

i got problem, need help... my cpu temp are at 50'C idle.. and exceed 60'C while playing games.. sometime my comp restart automatically... while playing game(need for speed underground 2) or any programs.. my fan ran at high speed and very loud sound.. last week i bought a new cpu fan "Hyper 48, Cooler Master".. the sound reduced but the temperature at 50'C+ at idle.. i really dont know whats the prob... my ambient temp also high, 40'C+... any ideas?? :\

A:What`s wrong??? Overheating problem!!!

Alright i HAVE to presume you havnt done the obvious so sorry if you have.

Try to:
Reapply the thermal paste to CPU
Remove the dust from heatsink, I mean FULLY clean it...

Also i would like to know what your processor is,
Any other high temps? like case etc?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-s-wrong-overheating-problem.45286/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a acer aspire 5735z that I installed a new HDD and windows 8 on, it's all working fine except it randomly overheats and shuts down, I removed a stick of ram as it seemed to be bad anyway and it improved it somewhat, I've just put some new thermal paste on the cpu and gpu (replacing the old stuff which had worn off) which seems to help. I'm not sure how to change the fan speeds, but did clean it out.

heres my speedfan results:

HD1 - 53c
Temp1- 58c
Temp2- 57c
Core0- 84c
Core1- 84c

what do I do?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-overheating-problem.1077945/
Relevancy 42.57%

When i bought my laptop the fan never kicked on, but after i started doing video encoding, it started staying on even if it was doing nothing but being on, and when i play some games, even old ones, the computer will shut itself off to prevent cpu damage, i suspect that it has to do with the heatsink being dusty, seeing as me and my roomate are both smokers, so if anyone has any ideas, i would be very appreciative,

Also, i messed up my headphone jack a while back and now it doesn't really work, so if anyone has any ideas or tips for either problem i'd really appreciate it
here are my system specs

Emachines M6807
Mobile Athlon 64 3000+
512 MB RAM
60 GB HD
ATI Radeon 9600 w/64 mb ram
2.4x dual format DVD burner

A:Problem with laptop overheating

You never mention how old the machine is, or whether it is under warranty or not.

If the option exists, send it in for service.

If not an option, are you willing to disassemble it ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-laptop-overheating.365366/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello everyone I tried posting my problem on Asus forums since that s who makes my motherboard but Overheating/Misreading Problem they don t respond hardly ever Here is the post that I made on their forums so I don t have to retype everything ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Alright I ve been trying to fix this problem on and off for about years now so my mind is a little cloudy But I m going to try and find an answer to this question without having to give any background information First off I found this little FAQ sublink on the side of the page that relates to my problem but I m not Overheating/Misreading Problem sure if it is my problem http support asus com faq faq aspx no FEA BA- DA- Overheating/Misreading Problem DC-C CD- D FB E amp SLanguage en-us I believe this is the problem I have but I am not sure I use Asus Probe to monitor my CPU temperature and it says my CPU is at C whereas my BIOS says is running at about C I checked in the Asus Probe configuration and it auto configured itself to the A N X motherboard which is the one I have I m almost positive that Asus Probe is configured correctly and to backup my theory I checked the motherboard temperature on both the BIOS and Asus Probe and both checked out to around C I have the latest BIOS update so that s not an issue at least I hope not Anyways now for the question part Is it safe to set my BIOS to ignore its CPU temperature reading And if it is safe how would I go about doing this After years or so this is the only thing I can think of that makes my computer turn off I have tried pretty much everything to cool down my CPU so unless a faulty processor could be causing my problem which I believe it s not since I m pretty sure I ve had it working in the past I think my only option is to override the BIOS reading Here are some things I ve tried Bought a heatsink fan that looks like a darn jet engine bought the Arctic Silver thermal paste which is supposed to be the best kind bought a fan kit that mounts to a PCI slot with fans on it and tried switching PSUs with no luck Currently I have the side of my case open with a window fan blowing straight into my computer to try and cool off my already underclocked processor Oh yeah I also have a case with x mm fans one on the bottom front sucking in and another on the middle back blowing out PLEASE help me because I m not sure if the two are related but my head hurts and there are holes in my walls just kidding ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have an A N X motherboard with an AMD Athlon XP CPU Basically what I m wondering is if I can be sure that Asus Probe is accurate since it reads what motherboard I have correctly Is there a way I can make sure it is right And if it is how do I go about overridding the auto shutdown when my CPU gets too hot Lastly is it safe to do this when my BIOS is reading that high of a temperature even if it s false Any help is greatly appreciated thanks nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

Hi there Looking for some Freezing Overheating and Problem. help figuring out what part of my system is freezing Essentially any time I play a game a few minutes in the computer will freeze and whatever image was last will be stuck on the screen This also happens if I m browsing the web although sometimes I ll Overheating and Freezing Problem. get a half hour out of it like that before it freezes Overheating and Freezing Problem. I was convinced it was the video card causing this but I Overheating and Freezing Problem. just replaced it with the card listed below and it s still doing exactly the same thing My suspicion now is that it is either the CPU which has a pretty massive heat sink on it or something with the MOBO but I m at the end of my hardware knowledge and need help tracking down which component is causing this My hardware specs are below any help is appreciated Here are my system specs GPU EVGA GeForce GTX Ti MOBO EVGA NVIDIA nForce i SLI LGA RAM ct GB total ram OCZ GH x GB pin DDR dual channel CPU Intel Core Quad Q GHz LGA W Power OCZ ModXStream Pro W nbsp

A:Overheating and Freezing Problem.

download a temp monitoring program like http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/pc-wizard.html
also take out a stick of memory see if it will freeze then try the other
memtest is a good memory tester...google it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/overheating-and-freezing-problem.1041384/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hey guys Have had a noise issue sick sounding with the fan on my hp dv t I ordered a replacement but the company wanted the serial numbers off the fan itself I pulled my laptop apart and noted down the numbers I also blew out a bit off dust around heatsink although there wasn t much dust there in the first place As I do not have the replacement fan yet I put it back together and no more sick sounding fan It is definitely still running and sounds much better Funny problem overheating guys a bit of dust or hair may have been caught However now my core temperatures jump around constantly not settling on a temp Funny overheating problem with a range of about - degrees C I use coretemp you can here the fan ramp up for short periods as well even though the computer doesn t seem anywhere near as hot as it use to run This laptop usually gets HOT The computer is shutting down when temperatures start to get to moderate and I believe its due to this jumping in its temp reading Funny overheating problem Any advice is appreciated Could there be a loose connection I did not remove the fan from motherboard I have gone from being able to play games like Batman Arkham city for hours to just minutes before a shutdown I have a thermaltake cool pad as heat is always an issue but have not had problem like this before Thanks Guys nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

I am concerned my computer may be running too hot I am using Speed Fan to monitor my systems temperatures When I use the computer to do quot normal quot things read e mail browse the if Trying determine overheating to have problem I web etc Speed Fan shows the Temps CPU c Core c System c Aux c When I try to anything else that is quot heavy duty quot the temps go up so high it frightens me When I re encoded a small video file took about mins Speed Fan showed core temp as high as c I got scared and did not do anymore until I can find out what to do My MotherBoard failed last week and I had to buy a new one and install it I was careful to apply thermal paste clean out case attach the heat sink and fan Do not know if heat was what caused old MB to fail When Speed Fan shows Temp at c it also shows that little flame when helps to panic me I am more accustomed to MBM but it does not seem to support the model of MB that I have I want to be able to encode some much larger video clips but I am afraid to try Speed Fan says my cpu fan is running at rpm average Is there Trying to determine if I have overheating problem something I could or should do to get my temp cooler I am using Windows since Microsoft would not validate my XP OS that came with my emachine Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated I am attempting to attach a Belarc report on my system Sandra will not install says some dll is missing nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

Computer specs Case CM Storm enforcer Brand PC, new overheating problem with a m intake fan at the front bottom of the case and a mm outtake fan at the top-back of the case CPU Cooler Xigmatek Prime SD with two mm fans I think they re mm one for intake another for outtake CPU Intel Core i GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX So I got this computer literally one week ago and the threshold that it s deeming to be too hot Brand new PC, overheating problem is degrees Celsius I ve heard from other people quot over is a bit bad Brand new PC, overheating problem quot quot it can handle quot quot it can handle up to quot so I m really not too sure if is an okay temperature for my CPU to be running at It gets this hot when I run diablo at max settings - but when I play tribes ascend at max it can get to degrees Every game play the temp is always over I ll be getting a mm outtake fan for the top of the case anyday now which I m hoping will help but I d really like some helpful advice please The computer is located on top of my desk which is on the opposite side of the room to my window I can include other specs I just included what I thought to be the necessary ones nbsp

A:Brand new PC, overheating problem

That sounds too hot, make sure your CPU HSF is mounted properly and that you haven't applied too much thermal paste.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brand-new-pc-overheating-problem.182598/
Relevancy 42.57%

A while ago I had been having overheating problems, and put a new video card cooler in. I decided to wait another week to put in the CPU fan that I had bought. Earlier today, my computer started overheating, and before I turned it off, all of the fans just stopped. Nothing. The computer didnt turn off. If I try to turn it on, the lights will come on but no fans or anything. No loading screens. Are some of my parts fried? I want to get this fixed asap

Relevancy 42.57%

Im Possible or overheating problem spyware actually not sure which forum I should be in but here it is My computer keeps beeping in steady intervals It only happens Possible overheating or spyware problem once in awhile but its more than it should It will beep for so long and automatically shuts off I don t understand what is going on Also my computer will sometimes go blank Either all white blue or yellow Please Help I am going to add this if it helps any Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C WINDOWS system drivers KodakCCS exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files TOSHIBA E-KEY CeEKey exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchPad TPTray exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Toshiba Tvs TvsTray exe C WINDOWS system TPSMain exe C WINDOWS system ZoomingHook exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Touch and Launch PadExe exe C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C WINDOWS system TCtrlIOHook exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Samsung Samsung Media Studio SMSTray exe C Program Files MarkAny ContentSafer MAAgent exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exe C WINDOWS system TPSBattM exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files TheWeatherNetwork WeatherEye WeatherEye exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe C Program Files Logitech Video FxSvr exe C Program Files Kodak KODAK Software Updater Program Kodak Software Updater exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXE C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Source Engine OSE EXE C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ... Read more

Relevancy 42.57%

Hi I have an HP G - EA laptop It used to overheat since the fans were not working and shut down or got hanged within minutes of start-up So I gave it to repair shop and they solved it and now it started working like before Then after one month of using the laptop and playing Anno and one week of Dishonored both at the lowest settings now the overheating Laptop in Problem Overheating problem cropped up again On starting the temperature is at C Surfing the internet causes temperature to fluctuate around - C After minutes of starting Far Cry or Assassins Creed both at the lowest setting causes temperature to reach - C with C maximum observed Note that only the left half of the laptop gets hot I am using the laptop on an elevated surface with plenty of room for cooling The laptop fan is set to on all of the time I am using GPU-Z to monitor the GPU temperature Whats the cause Since it did not overheat for the first - months what might be the cause Did the cooling gel vaporise due to the high heat or what nbsp

A:Overheating Problem in Laptop

You could try to find out what brand of thermal paste they used (if its a cheap poor quality one that could be the issue)
Do you have pets? Can you find any dust or hair in the area where you keep your laptop? It doesn't take a lot to clog up the heat sink making the fan next to useless.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/overheating-problem-in-laptop.1088660/
Relevancy 42.57%

brian and pernod
Thanks for the help. I checked the inside of the tower and the CPU fan was stone dead. I installed a new fan/heatsink and now the temp is running normal. It no longer heats up when I scan or send a picture. I hought it would be difficult, but took about an hour.
Thanks
perry

A:CPU overheating problem solved

Glad you got it fix, good luck with it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-overheating-problem-solved.43736/
Relevancy 42.57%

Can someone help me with what I think is an overheating problem with a HP notebook?? I am trying to run my recovery cds in the laptop and I have done it about 10 times and it keeps shutting down at various stages thru the process, it almost finishes the first couple of times that I do it and it stops with less and less of the operation complete each time after that. I have to let it sit for 20 minutes or so and start again, but I have still been unable to get the job done???? Could something be damaged now, or could it just be cleaned?? Thank you for any suggestions of what I might be able to try.

nottechy

A:Solved: Overheating problem

The first thing to do is buy a can of compressed air, and blow out the air vents (where the fan extracts). Accumulated dust can severely restrict airflow in a laptop and cause over-temperature shutdowns.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-overheating-problem.363635/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi Thanks for viewing Quite recently my computer started to crash in an unusual way When left for quite a while it started to turn off the power to the monitor the light goes from green to yellow as if putting it into standby mode However it can t be turned back on at all Moving the mouse or pressing the keyboard does not reactivate it I tried checking the cpu temps and they were ok I tried reseating the ram and no help One other thing is that it still seems to problem. Card GFX Overheating???? be a temperature thing because once it has crashed and been rebooted it often keeps doing it more regularly - within minutes even in safe mode Eventually i decided it was probably a GFX card problem so I took it out and now i m using the onboard GFX chip That has solveed it and it no longer crashes but I want to use my GFX card to play games and GFX Card problem. Overheating???? stuff The fan on the card still works and i wonder if the card might be upsetting the air flow over the mother board as the end of the card sits very close almost touching the ram Or perhaps its just the card itself overheating It crashes regardless of what you are running not made worse by playing games which use the card more heavily Sometimes its just running internet explorer and crashes I have AMD AS Rock Motherboard x sticks of DDR GForce ti mb Soundblaster Audigy Win Xp SP Thank for help nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

I have a Compaq Presario US with GB HD and MB ram problem Laptop Overheating running WINXPSP I have had intermittent shutdowns that appear to be caused by over heating Lately I can start the computer when its cold but when the desktop comes up it will still shutdown To work around this I have shutdown all of the startup items that I normally have Usually after a few tries the machine will finally come up and stay running until it crashes the next time I ve been monitoring the HD and CPU temps with Speedfan For some time I was getting CPU temps of about C and HD temps about C The last two days Speedfan reports that the CPU temp is C even after the machine has been running Laptop Overheating problem for awhile The HD temp is about C with Laptop Overheating problem no fan activity It just crashed on me and when I restarted the machine Speedfan reported the CPU temp had jumped to C The fan does not come on at that temperature but it will come on when I run Spybot S amp D which is CPU intensive Earlier today I ran a Spybot scan and the fan came on almost immediately but Speedfan still reported that the CPU temp was C The scan ran successfully I also Laptop Overheating problem checked temps with PCwizard and it reports the same temps as Speedfan I m thinking that the motherboard sensor and or circuitry is causing the problem There is no dust and dirt in the fan or inside the machine The heat sink is making good contact with the processor I have not replaced the thermal pads although I had considered that With the change in symptoms I m leaning towards a MB problem Any ideas if it is the MB or something else processor nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

PC Specs CPU AMD Phenom II x T GHz Stock cooler NOT Overclocked MB ASUS M A GPU Radeon HD GB GDDR RAM GB DDR HyperX MHz running at OS Windows Ultimate -bit Hello So these last couple of days I ve been struggling to fix my CPU Overheating Overheating Solved: problem CPU problem The first time I noticed this problem was when I was watching a Twitch stream using Google Chrome and I had a few other tabs opened gag YouTube Facebook and all of a sudden I got BSOD the dump process went up to and then the whole PC just froze so I had to manually restart it Upon booting I got a message saying quot CPU Temperature too Solved: CPU Overheating problem high please Solved: CPU Overheating problem enter setup quot So I did and I saw that the temperature was around degrees celsius I turned off my PC and waited a while turned it on and this time it booted normally and when I checked the temp using Solved: CPU Overheating problem HWMonitor it was sitting around - degrees idle with cpu usage at - which I think is weird btw my room is cold since I only turn on the heating when it get s below outside The BSOD happened more times of which twice when I was playing a game quot Grey Goo quot I used an ingame cpu temp monitor and noticed that the temperature went from to degrees in minutes of playing p s I had a svchost exe virus located in Windows Temp folder which according to VirusTotal was a BitCoin miner It was starting with windows and using around of my CPU but now I have it quarantined with Malwerbytes Premium Things I ve tried so far Cleaning the PC from dust Replacing thermal paste Changing the Minimum processor state to it was set to by Razer Cortex Power Plan Using SpeedFan to run the CPU fan at - RPM Scanning and cleaning the PC with Malwerbytes ComboFix RogueKiller ADWCleaner Avast Home Edition Spybot Search amp Destroy Things I haven t tried Installing a fresh copy of windows Hopefully things that you guys will advise me to do Sorry for writing a new Harry Potter book but I wanted to include as many details as I can Cheers nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

Hi,
I'm new on this forums some I'm going to be as clear as possible:

I bought my HP Pavilion dv6-3016AX about two weeks ago and play mostly Minecraft (90%) or CS Source (10%) .... And I experience REAL HIGH heat: goes between 80'C-97'C !

I cleaned it, openned it, cleanned the fans, cleanned the suction openings,cleanned the heatsink, etc .....

Nothing works !!! Please help meeeee >.<

HP Pavilion dv6-3016AX:

AMD Phenom II N930 Quad-core 2GHz (each)
RAM 4Gb
AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250
Atheros AR9285 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter

Relevancy 42.57%

At first I thought my overheating problem was with my 6800GT, so I bought and installed a NV Silencer and that keeps the GPU temp at a max of 70c, which is real nice. The problem is, I still overheat while playing certain games.

When I overheat, my speakers make a loud buzzing sound and I see a kind of checkerboard pattern on my monitor. I don't know where to start looking, any suggestions?

Specs:
BFG Geforce 6800GT
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ socket 939 CPU
Soltek SL-K8TPRO-939 mobo
XP Home SP2
1 gig PQI Turbo PC-3200 DDR RAM
Western Digital HDD
Antec 420w power supply

A:Unknown overheating problem

Check your CPU temperatures, that might be it too.

Do you use the stock cpu heatsink/fan?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknown-overheating-problem.53238/
Relevancy 42.57%

My System Config AMD GHZ ASUS K V-VM Board Nvidia Geforce LE Turbocache x MB RAM Kingston DDR PSU of Circle V A My Graphics card was heating up when i start playing games I just placed a local fan below the graphic card s heating core Now my Graphic card s temperature is normal solved Now my on-board graphics core is getting heated when i just start the game - mins Onboard graphics is necessary hwardware coz i hv gr card why Overheating CPU, Board Problem on-board gr is nedded Can i disable the onboard graphics thru hardware so that my onboard gr is not heated What is AUX in speedfan i am using latest speedfan version How can i cool the temperature of my CPU Can i place another fan some where to cool CPU, Board Overheating Problem down my CPU Or i will hv to buy the CPU cooler and waht is SYSTEM in speedfan My PSU is like this quot V CPU, Board Overheating Problem A quot i e of Watts Is my calculation true Thanks In advance nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

I ve looked around the forum and overheating normal Not problem... you cannot find an answer the thing is my problem isn t well normal For years ive had my pc and i mean YEARS and Not you normal overheating problem... not a problem that i couldnt fix but now im just confused i have AMD Athlon this is an old processor and to make it worse its not an AMD xp or its commanly an AMD Athlon and at load Not you normal overheating problem... up the computer doesnt reconise it it says AMD Athlon Unknown MB of RAM x and x ATI Radeon PRO MB Theres my basic computer my PSU is a Watt and i have Fans to cool down the case big fans now for the problem sorry for delay Years ago my CPU was fine but i thought it would be cool to check the temp with Mother board monitor a freeware thing i found and it showed my CPU at - C i thought this couldnt possibly be right i had no problems with freezing or resetting before or even at the time so i thought nothing of it and continued using my pc Years later with STILL no problems i go and buy a game called Guild Wars and i play it fine then one day it freezes i have to restart no quit to desktop or anything a restart which is not usual for me i continue to play the game for mins then again restart needed hmmm somethings not right none stop freezeing in the game so i suspect overheating i contact support at guild wars and they reply with it sounds like an overheating issue ok tell me something i dont know so i check the temp through MBM again and its - C constantly again this cant be right can it I decide to test this by cleaning out the dust from EVERYWHERE reapplying thermal paste and putting a house fan near the open case the MBM now says C which is still way to high to be normal right well i thought it was cause my CPU is old im not too sure Right theres my basic story and heres the reason its so odd my computer runs fine no problems no freezing no jerking blue screens or restarting showning me that maybe the temp gauge is wrong but this game Guild Wars is the only game to freeze on me every other game runs fine even on full graphics i play games like Doom Half-life F E A R etc Could someone possibly give me an explanation to whats going on its not a comman overheating issue my pc is stable even through these temperatures its all down to guild wars freezing cleaning out my heatsink fan and CPU has cooled it down but only by C currently still running at C and when strained with tasks runs at C I hope this is descriptive enough description of whats happening please help i plan on getting a new CPU within the month anyway but im really out of things to do Thanks - Mike nbsp

A:Not you normal overheating problem...

Anyone? its still happening and i have tried absolutly everything, apart from throwing the CPU across the room (close though)...

When playing the game i have a fear that it will lock up each time it freezes but soon after it will jerk back into play, but this happens every 2-5 minutes, and it will always lock up at some point.

The longest ive played without lock up is 20 minutes... then i just boot my pc again and no problems until i get back into the game... its not right at all (obviously)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/not-you-normal-overheating-problem.44704/
Relevancy 42.57%

I got my pc mainly to play games but i am having a overheating problem. When my pc is idle it runs at 30c/40c but when i play any game it will rocket to over 100c and cause my pc to overheat and turn off! I have 3 fans and the side panel is off And it is even next to a open window. Pleases help!

MJ.

A:Huge overheating problem

give the specs of your setup first

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/huge-overheating-problem.150337/
Relevancy 42.57%

hey guys i have a couple of problems with my fairly new laptop Acer and needed some advice afta some googling i found this place i have had my laptop a few months now and brough it with xp but with free upgrade to vista hibernate and overheating problem now i have vista installed but i have a couple of problems one is that half the time when i put my laptop on hibernate from startup menu it doesnt go in to hibernate but hibernate problem and overheating instead the screen turns off but i can still hear hibernate problem and overheating the laptop running the screen doesnt turn on whatever i do so i have to either leave it and let it s battery finish or turn it off and on again where it then says hibernate problem and overheating my system wasnt shut down correctly secondaly another problem is that i think the laptop might be over heating as the fan is on a lot of the time and sometimes turns on and off in a short space of time after a while a while it blows out very hot air is it normal to blow out such hot air and for the fan to be constantly turning on and of i still have waranty but i thought i d get real professional help before i think about calling up customer support nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

I recently got a computer from my friend because he couldn t figure out how to install windows on it The first day I had it I was able to play games and surf the internet with no problems at all And then it started shutting off randomly My first thought was to reapply the thermal of the time when I ve had problems that overheating problem Motherboard/CPU s solved it No luck this time So I downloaded core temp And at idle it says my cores are roughly c and c As soon as I started a game the temps jump up to c and keep rising Which threw me off as Motherboard/CPU overheating problem it rises about degrees the moment the game opens which seemed a little too fast to me So I thought perhaps my heatsink cooling fan was not functioning properly and replaced that No go I bought a new heatsink entirely instead of the stock one The Arctic Freezer pro rev Still shuts off I changed the power supply for one I know works Still shutting off I noticed that my motherboard diodes are getting extremely hot and positioned a fan onto it and now my temps do stay a bit cooler but still not a safe range Specs AMD Athlon X dual core GHz Gigabyte M PME-S P gig RAM NVIDIA GeForce GT Windows XP pro service pack fans plus CPU and adjustable fan on my power supply I ve gone into the bios and everything is getting the correct volts nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

Hi I'm typing this from my desktop computer I own a Vista with a major problem It overheats badly It randomly shuts down every - minutes I know that Problem Overheating Major this is due to overheating A couple seconds after I turn the laptop on the keys become too hot to touch I know Major Overheating Problem that loads of dust are clogging up the internals and that the Vista needs to be cleaned out Now I know what you're all thinking Disassemble it and use a can of compressed air blah Major Overheating Problem blah blah That's where the problem comes in My Vista was manufactured under the assumption that nothing bad would happen It's impossible to disassemble This was intentional Unscrewing all the visible bolts under the computer does nothing It even says this in the User's Manual The air vents are very thin You couldn't stick a thumbtack in there If I can't disassemble it then surely there is no way to clean the innards I brought the laptop to a Best Buy store They told me this They informed me that there is nothing that they could do because of the design of this Vista If you have some idea please help A week ago this problem was nonexistent I have some really important documents saved in that Vista ALSO I have no idea why the area under my name says that I have a bit Vista not a

A:Major Overheating Problem

Hello, you failed to mention make and model of the computer in question . Laptop with Vista is all i see you posted .

http://www.vistax64.com/overclocking-cooling/295171-major-overheating-problem.html
Relevancy 42.57%

hi guys I have got a HP Pabilion DV laptop which should still be the latest model on the market For the recent few months I have been monitoring the temperature of it and when i bought it for the first months it was running absolutely fine no problems But recent months the graphic card itself has degraded performance the window rating does actually notified me that it needed a update due to change in performance and it appears that the score for my graphic card has been lowered Okay this is not the main concern for now it is that the cpu idle overheating laptop seriously problem temperature now is around - degree celcius and under high requirement gaming for the first mins or so it shoots up to gt and continue at this temp and the fan is running like mad as if it has a turbo or supercharger on it I have got a external laptop seriously overheating problem cooling fan underneath the laptop as well The fact that i cant open up the fan and clean it is actually a pain in the but i cant really see the dust cause the main issues here Having been researching about other laptop i temp I found that it suppose to be at much lower temperature The casing on my laptop is aluminium when it is heated I absolutely can bear with the heat especially on the top left corner of the laptop where the fan is it is a frying pan But I also hope the fact that these metal casing do help remove heat better than a hopeless plastic one acting like a heat sink Please if anyone have any idea what is the problem and what i can really do about it nbsp

A:laptop seriously overheating problem

In all honesty if there is not a large ammount of dust, and you are running a cooler pad. I would contact the manufacturer. They may have seen the issue before, or you may have a fan or sensor that has gone bad. Start with them, and see what they have to say, then let us know

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-seriously-overheating-problem.986001/
Relevancy 42.57%

ive just built a pc with a foxconn NF4SK8AA-8EKRS and athlon64 3800+

everything is connected fine and all fans are running and the psu is suppling correct voltage.

can anybody tell me why my cpu is hitting 78C. ive not let it go higher than this because i know it isnt supposed to get that hot anyway so ive set 78 as the auto shuttoff temp. This happens when it is sat idle in BIOS.

the heat sink is sat firmly with arctic silver 5

also the cpu fan doesnt increase or decrease speed. ive tried the cpu on another mobo and it was fine.

is the mobo faulty?

A:super overheating problem

biagrin said:

ive just built a pc with a foxconn NF4SK8AA-8EKRS and athlon64 3800+

everything is connected fine and all fans are running and the psu is suppling correct voltage.

can anybody tell me why my cpu is hitting 78C. ive not let it go higher than this because i know it isnt supposed to get that hot anyway so ive set 78 as the auto shuttoff temp. This happens when it is sat idle in BIOS.

the heat sink is sat firmly with arctic silver 5

also the cpu fan doesnt increase or decrease speed. ive tried the cpu on another mobo and it was fine.

is the mobo faulty?Click to expand...

if youre certain the hsf is installed correctly then yeah bad MB or CPU

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/super-overheating-problem.589850/
Relevancy 42.57%

hey guys i have a couple of hibernate overheating problem and problems with my fairly new laptop Acer and needed some advice afta some googling i found this place i have had my laptop a few months now and hibernate problem and overheating brough it with xp but with free upgrade to vista now i have vista installed but i have a couple of problems one is that half the time when i put my laptop on hibernate from startup menu it doesnt go in to hibernate but instead the screen turns off but i can still hear the laptop running the screen doesnt turn on whatever i do so i have to either leave it and let it s battery finish or turn it off and on again where it then says my system wasnt shut down correctly secondaly another problem is that i think the laptop might be over heating as the fan is on a lot of the time and sometimes turns on and off in a short space of time after a while a while it blows out very hot air is it normal to blow out such hot air and for the fan to be constantly turning on and of i still have waranty but i thought i d get real professional help before i think about calling up customer support nbsp

A:hibernate problem and overheating

As for running too hot, well that is a laptop issue and what is blowing out certainly can be warm. many users who use laptops heavily know they might want to look at where the fans vent on the bottom and find a way to tilt the laptop up in back to help air flow as well as never use a notebook on a bed or couch surface where it has no place to exhaust.
Hibernate is a difficult issue from pc to pc and with what you have written it sounds like hibernate is called for in the bios and in Control panel Power Options but it is hard to say why it does not work.
One thing I would suggest is you read this developer article about the differences in Power Management in Vista as sleep may be more what you are looking for anyway and it is different than XP was deliberately.
http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/w...006/12/08/windows-vista-power-management.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hibernate-problem-and-overheating.648886/
Relevancy 42.57%

I recently built a system using an old Pentium Ghz FSB m cache from my Dad s dead Dell Dimension I found an MSI board that supports this CPU overheating problem chipset G41 MSI G M-P The original Dell used DDR PC RAM and the Intel X chipset while the new board uses the Intel G41 chipset overheating problem G chipset and DDR up to Mhz I bought x GB Patriot PC Mhz DIMM s since G41 chipset overheating problem they are readily available and much cheaper than Mhz or Mhz DIMM s DDR is very hard to find only on E-Bay used I m also using an EVGA Superclocked GTX Ti video card an Ultra LSP and a Cooler Master Hyper The board works great and makes the system run much faster except for problem - the temp sensor on the board runs hot c at idle and c under load No problem you say the G chipset is rated to c Well mine freezes the system every time it gets to c requiring a hard reboot using the power switch I m assuming the sensor is under the north bridge but MSI provides no documentation for this and an MSI tech said that they don t release that info to end users like Asus and Intel do After trying different chipset coolers and adding fans the problem was still there Using only DIMM didn t help either I wasn t able to do anything processor-intensive like gaming video conversion or benchmarking without it freezing up Even the automatic Windows defrag utility was causing it to freeze until I disabled it MSI is ignoring my emails after the first one to usrma msi so I had to fix this one on my own I finally installed a Delta AFC DE fan from the Dimension on a homemade bracket pointing towards the chipset cooler and RAM This kept the temp at c under full load but the noise from this fan is unacceptable dBA at rpm cfm amp power draw I installed a toggle switch so I can turn it off when not needed but during gaming it s like a vacuum cleaner running right next to you It s driving me crazy I can t use a fan controller with this fan as it s PWM only and won t run at all with less than volts I could buy another fan with voltage control but it would have to be at lest cfm to do the job which would still be too noisy My question is does this sound like a bad motherboard or is the problem caused by the RAM being forced to run at Mhz by the FSB speed Or possibly because of using a modern PCI-E video card in the MB s first generation PCI-E slot Would switching to DDR solve the problem Or is this board just a low-end piece of crap with inherent design problems - any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/g41-chipset-overheating-problem.182365/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi guys, first of all sorry if my english is bad it's not my native one.
Then to go to the problem...in the last couple days out of nowhere overheating on my cpu and gpu appeared...i have an "AMD X2 [email protected] GHZ" and "Nvidia GeForce [email protected] MB".And as for the GPU the 70+,80 temperature is normal while i'm playing games for the CPU 70+is a little bit too high i think.So i opened the pc and cleaned the fans of both the cpu and gpu and on the top of that i have a fan that is especially to cool the video card.Now both cores at idle are about 22/21 and CPU @ idle is 43 degrees.So any idea if this overheating of the CPU mostly is dangerous and should i be worried about or i'm just paranoic lol..

Relevancy 42.57%

Okay so I'm completely broke right now. and my cpu is overheating after it shuts off my cpu temp is at 75 =( and that is not good for AMD or so I read. I have a desk fan blowing on it and it still happens I'm running AMD x2 4000 2.1ghz any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I have thermal paste if anyone thinks I should reapply it.

Relevancy 42.14%

I've had persistent problems with my laptop overheating and Problem with Coolsense? Overheating Laptop: shutting down without warning I have tried using compressed air to clean out the vents which historically Overheating Laptop: Problem with Coolsense? hasn't helped Overheating Laptop: Problem with Coolsense? I've also run the BIOS tests on the hardware which all pass The laptop is propped up so that the space around the vents is clear The room is not particularly warm nbsp I've noticed that the fan isn't running very fast even though the surface of the laptop is very hot The fan will still be running at nbsp well below max speed nbsp even when the laptop is about to overheat I have HP Coolsense turned on but it isn't doing a good job of regulating the fan speed since it isn't triggering the maximum fan speed even at extreme temperatures nbsp I've previously tried installing SpeedFan with the thought that I could manually set the fan speed to maximum but this particular laptop is not supported Is there anything that would help it not run as hot nbsp Laptop HP Envy OS Windows x

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Overheating-Laptop-Problem-with-Coolsense/td-p/5648085
Relevancy 42.14%

I recently installed a new PSU and video card, and now my motherboard seems to be overheating. I noticed it was over 55 celcius when practically idle, and my computer shut itself off twice. I opened the case and pointed a regular desktop fan into it, and the temp went down about 20 degrees and it worked fine.

I bought a regular case fan, and I am wondering how I should set it up. Right now the only fans are the CPU fan and the fan in the power supply. The only place to set up the case fan is at the back, right below the power supply. Obviously, the PSU fan blows out, and I set up the case fan to blow out as well. It doesn't seem to be helping the temperature at all. Right now it's at 47 celcius (it gives a warning at 50 celcius).

Should the new case fan be blowing INTO the computer instead?

Relevancy 42.14%

My CPU seems to be over-heating I m using Gigabyte P -S G motherboard Intel core duo E NVIDIA GeForce GT Now a while ago my fan came loose and broke from my motherboard so I bought a new one cost quiet a lot like so I m guessing it s a good one Well it was working thermal problem? CPU paste Possible overheating. fine for a while until one day my computer suddenly making an alarm and over-heating I took off the fan and made sure it was back on Now I ve looked all around checked with many temperature measuring programs and it s defiantly the CPU that is the problem Idle my Core temps are around and GPU is arund Then when I load a game in a matter of minutes the temperature rises to around - C for my core and GPU The alarm goes off so I turn off the CPU overheating. Possible thermal paste problem? game and it goes back down to idle temps Now CPU overheating. Possible thermal paste problem? when I replaced the fan the thermal paste had all dried up and the fan isn t the sturdiest connected to my old motherboard but again I never had this problem before until I took off the fan so I m thinking hoping that all I need is some new thermal paste and just to make sure the fan is defiantly in place But if that isn t the game can you possibly think of any other problems it could be nbsp

A:CPU overheating. Possible thermal paste problem?

You'll want to remove it again and clean off the existing paste. High percentage (90+%) isopropyl alcohol works well and is pretty cheap. Then you'll want to apply a small amount of new paste. If you don't have any you'll have to go buy/order some. I've used Arctic Silver 5 (pretty standard 'good' paste) and Arctic Silver Cramique. I prefer AS5. Whichever brand of paste you get, it is probably worth looking up some videos on youtube on how to apply it. Different products can have different preferred application methods.

Then, you'll want to be sure the heatsink is actually secured on all sides. I had a problem once with not getting all 4 sides fastened completely on a stock intel heatsink even though at first glance it looked fine. This probably wouldn't be your problem exactly because aftermarket heatsinks often use a different method of attachment. I'm just saying this to point out you need to be completely sure it is fastened properly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-overheating-possible-thermal-paste-problem.178768/
Relevancy 42.14%

My laptop HP Pavilion g keeps overheating when left idle As soon as laptop problem Weird overheating I return to it something that took up all the CPU stops within seconds if I move my mouse to the bottom of the screen so Weird laptop overheating problem that the task bar comes up it lags while doing so but that lag goes away in a few seconds and according to SpeedFan my GPU and some quot Temp quot which I Weird laptop overheating problem assume is the CPU are around degrees and it immediately starts dropping when I move my mouse or do something on the computer Could it be a virus scan I have Microsoft Defender I haven t noticed any idle scan or anything like that on it though I have scanned the system for viruses multiple times and it has come up empty System specs OS Windows Home Premium SP bit CPU AMD A - M GHz Quadcore GPU AMD Radeon HD G M Dual Graphics RAM Gb HDD Western Digital rpm TB iirc I have my laptop raised above the table a bit since it has cooling problems even without anything running nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-laptop-overheating-problem.1104503/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi I ve had my x xt for just over a year and it s been great not a single problem However for the past months whenever I run a game after a few mins the catalyst control center pops up a message saying your graphics card is above the safe temp we re dropping the clock cycle speed to compensate and then seconds later same message and so on until the machine shuts down to stop any serious damage And this is happening every single time I try and run a game I ve had to stop playing games for the moment I can run the pc fine as long as I don t try and play games Now if you re thinking it s having to support much more gfx intensive games so it s working harder and therefore hotter then yes you are right but it also does it when I try to play older games such as final fantasy and baldurs gate which it s never had to break a sweat with before I d never seen the problem before a few months ago games like doom and hl worked flawlessly I ve changed nothing in the machine that might be causing the problem the case is well ventilated and I ve checked all the fans and they seem to be running as they should be the fan on the gfx card seems to be running too but I cannot tell if it s running at it s proper speed as I ve nothing to compare it against it is definately running though So I m not sure what to do I don t want to just replace the card unless I m x800xt problem agp sapphire overheating - out of other options as is a lot of money to just throw away like that Any ideas please I d really appreciate the help comp specs Win XP p ghz gb ram gb hdd x xt audigy zs nbsp

A:sapphire x800xt agp - overheating problem

Some basic stuff: Remove the vid card and use canned air to clean it and the fan.

Did some setting in the Catalyst Control Centre get changed? (the temp limit or the fan speed setting)? Are you OCing it?

Do you have another software prog (Everest) to monitor the GPU temperature independantly to confirm it is overheating?

When is the last time you updated your mobo and video drivers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sapphire-x800xt-agp-overheating-problem.40841/
Relevancy 42.14%

A week or two ago I Computer off / Problem overheating Turn had a problem with my computer randomly turning itself off I put this computer together with new parts roughly months ago and havent had a single problem with it before Basically it began with a phase of not Computer overheating / Turn off Problem booting up properly during start Computer overheating / Turn off Problem up it would get to the gigabyte motherboard display screen and just freeze there with all the lights on the motherboard lit up It eventually stopped doing this but after a day or two began just shutting itself down randomly Computer overheating / Turn off Problem I assumed it was a problem with heat and dust so took everything apart and cleaned the parts and fans completely this got her up and running perfectly again Then today the problems started again When I got home I turned the power on but it would not even get to the motherboard screen jsut making the initial whirring noise but not making it to the beep that usually occurs before startup Again I cleaned the case completely Not much dust there luckily but no luck So i started removing certain parts and trying to startup from swapping the memory sticks to sitting the fan back on the CPU It finally worked after removing my Tv Tuner card Ive only had this card a month or so which wasn t long before the problems satrted I assumed it must have been a PSU problem with the stuff I had in there so started planning a bit of a shop for a new one But just now the computer Being untouched I was over the other side of the room Turned itself off again Can anybody tell me the best way to fix this problem The details are below Thermaltake Soprano Case Gigabyte GA-EP -DS L DualCore Intel Core Duo E MHz x Ram GB GB Usable DDR - SDRAM XFX GeForce GT Thermaltake PSU W Model XP NP SAMSUNG HD JJ ATA Device GB RPM SATA-II Microsoft Windows Ultimate Win RC Did a full system Scan with Avira which came up clean Everest Values Temperatures Motherboard C F CPU C F CPU Core C F CPU Core C F GPU Diode C F Cooling Fans CPU RPM Chassis RPM Power Supply RPM GPU nbsp

A:Computer overheating / Turn off Problem

So it just did a shut down again so i got the latest values on start up:

Temperatures:
Motherboard 38 C (100 F)
CPU 86 C (187 F)
CPU #1 / Core #1 97 C (207 F)
CPU #1 / Core #2 96 C (205 F)
GPU Diode 55 C (131 F)

Definately don't like the look of those 80's and 90's.

So what is the best thing I can do? I'm going to give it a good rest tonight, videos seem to drive the temp up a fair bit.

Already it has dropped to 76C CPU just from not doing anythign strenuous.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-overheating-turn-off-problem.137968/
Relevancy 42.14%

hi,

my pc keeps restarting due to overheating problem.

i am not sure how to sort the problem out but have already gathered some information which may be helpful in advise what i should do to put it right.
at the moment i am using a laptop because the pc wont stay on for more than 5 mins and i don't want to do to much damage to the PC

following information taken from speedfan software

GPU = is getting fried @ 66 and the core is also getting fried @ 66

the rest have doward facing arrows
GPU = 67
temp 1 = 37
temp 2 = 36
temp 3 = 28
hd 0 = 33
hd 1 = 32
Core = 66
ambient = 0

out put from the power supply is 350 watts

the pc is shop bought although i have added to it.

i have creative platimum edition soundcard, a dedicated graphics card and upgraded the ram to 2 1gb cards

thebase of the machine is a sumsung scalero p

OS = windows XP sp3
Cheers,

Relevancy 42.14%

Hello,
Does anyone have any CPU overheating issues with XPS 9550?
Since I have been experiencing BSOD issue from the day I received the machine, I wanted to test my hardware with benchmark software. I ran tests with 2 different tools, but in both of them I got a message that my CPU is overheating and the test was stopped - it reached 91-92C (after about 10 minutes of testing).
One of the software I used was Burn-it-Test (there is a free trial period) - it is very simple software.
Have anyone noticed any overheating issues with XPS 9550? Is it normal to reach such temperature with XPS 9550?
Thanks a lot.

A:Dell XPS 9550 - CPU Overheating problem

Hi XPS.15,
What is the BSOD error or the bugcheckcode? Does the system stop working or does it turn off automatically when in use? What application are you using when the bluescreens occur on the system?
Update the BIOS - http://dell.to/1qEcoXH
Reinstall the chipset and video drivers from the same site above or from the vendor site - http://intel.ly/1qEcrCW for Intel and http://bit.ly/1SnsnX0for Nvidia driver.
If the issue is unresolved, then run the stress test on the system - http://dell.to/1Lj1alh
Keep us updated.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19682588
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi I have Gateway MD u laptop and CPU is constantly hot It s problem overheating Weird laptop about C in idle and often shuts down under load when it s overheated It didn t use to be that way so it s not normal for sure As I m not new to computers I already thought about common causes for overheating Restricted airflow Took bottom cover off Poor contact between processor and radiator Cleaned pads and reapplied thermal grease And finally dust Cleaned fan All of it didn t help although fan is quieter now because of removed dust To be honest I didn t expect it to do a lot because of the degree of overheating I Weird laptop overheating problem attached an image to give better explanation of my problem Processor radiator is insanely hot so thermal contact with processor is good That copper thing is hot as well And now the WEIRD thing - air coming out of the went is COLD Normally it would heat up stuff just lying near the laptop but it s cold now Am I missing something Can contact between copper thing and the radiator on which fan is blowing the air be broken for the lack of better words to explain it Looks pretty solid to me Anyone has any ideas Leonty nbsp

A:Weird laptop overheating problem

Cold air coming from an otherwise hot system is a clue that maybe the heatsink fins are clogged with dust or that the processor-to-heatsink contact is not good. Yes, I know you redid the contact between the heatsink and processor; but, those are the only things that come to mind when you mention the processor is hot but the air that comes out is cold.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-laptop-overheating-problem.994616/
Relevancy 42.14%

For about a week now I've been returning to my pc to find that it's shut itself down due to an overheating issue. I would like to narrow this down a little to find the actual cause of the problem. I built the pc myself back in August and this is the first problem I've encountered since then. I guess that's a good run I had there. But alas it has come to an end.

Any suggestions on how to narrow this overheating problem down?

Matt

A:Overheating problem... how can I figure out what's causing it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/overheating-problem-how-can-i-figure-out-whats-causing-it.569296/
Relevancy 42.14%

this was my problem -A month ago i added this extra or Overheating problem? Temp check hard drive -took the extra hard rive off and gave to my friend -everytinme i restarted the pc it would say please insert boot disk -turned pc off and toook battery off for sec so i put it back again and and it reset bios -restarted the pc and a messege cpu fan unplugged system shutting down in seconds please look for assistence Overheating or Temp check problem? and right under it said press f to continue or something like that so i kept on doing that until today because right after f the Overheating or Temp check problem? pc would start on windows xp normally-it kept shuting itself off in to minutes -But yeasterday it shut off and now when i restart and it doesnt come back to windows it says return to safe mode i press enter and then i can kinda see the windows logo and a blue messege which i cant read and real fast it dissapears and it restarts ------ Overheating or Temp check problem? So i added another fan into the only cpu fan plug that was empty it worked no more cpu fan unplugged messege but still wont start on windows i got another hd blank and put my windows cd in drive and it started workin on kinda the middle process of beginning the instalation it just Shut ITSELF OFF AGAIN like before so i restarted on Bios pressed f and on Hardware Monitor i look on the fans they work but my cpu temp is really high celsiuous so i smelt burning and shut the pc off waited another minutesput my big house fan near the cpu blowing air and turned on temp was then kept increasing until in like seconds i have about actual pc fans that came with the pc and other extra that i made myself so i dont c how temp can be so highh please help thank you nbsp

A:Overheating or Temp check problem?

What you need to do I think as take off the CPU - HSF,clean off any residule Thermal Paste from the CPU..
Apply a new thin,even coat of fresh thermal paste.

Then Make sure you have a Good Working,Compatible CPU-HSF.

I would go out a buy a new one.

Install and see what happens,this will eliminate the CPU-HSF as the issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/overheating-or-temp-check-problem.509297/
Relevancy 42.14%

windows 7 re-installed, nvidia driver installed; mozilla was crashing, as well as games (crysis, etc); pixels (little squares, lines, etc.) on monitor; one game plays for a few minutes, then i lose cursor, when i click task on task bar, a little graphic window is in upper left of monitor; when i start task manager, i get cursor back ? quad desktop, 4gb ram, 1gb nvidia video card; running at about 92 degrees; overheating or video card problem ? thanks all three fans working; power supply ? thanks 206-600-2399 i'm running mozilla and internet explorer now, to see if the re-install of windows 7 helped that problem; thanks

A:Video card or overheating problem ?

so your card or your cpu is running 92C? DL and post a screenshot of HWMonitor so we can see your temps?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-or-overheating-problem.1101210/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi all. Win 10 was working well on my Toshiba Satellite.(i7 4 gig ram)
Then I lost the ability to download with Cannon Camera software. This program stopped working. ( got off pictures by removing SD card and putting it direct in laptop.)

Next computer slows down and run st 55 to 60 Deg C. (air temp about 23 deg and desktop computer running at 35 deg.)

Then Blue screen telling me Video_Krnl............ failed/error.
Ran restore point and system worked again for a while(2 days).
Now I can only get 3 to 4 minutes before blue screening and failing.
Have blown out cooling fins but little to no dust as computer is only just one year old.
Regularly run AVG and Wise 365 cleaner over it.

Any suggestions about the next step would be appreciated

A:Win 10 laptop Overheating problem due to some? software.

G-day mate I have two Toshiba sat. laptops One about 3 years old the other about 9 months old both running win. 10. The older one starts acting up from over heating about every 12 months. First sign of trouble is the nvidia display driver crashes a little later 2 weeks to a month it will over heat and shut down.
The best way to clean it I found was to pull it apart take out the fan and unclog the dust and crap caught up in outlet/heatsink.
While I had it apart i drilled some more vent holes in the bottom of the Chassis.
The other more powerful lappy runs at 50c at idle and up to 79c playing games like fallout 4. Had no problems yet of it over heating but ready for it to happen.
I don't think your problem is heat related as your machine should automatically turn it self off.
Maybe A clean install of Windows 10 if you can to see if problem persists.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/39006-win-10-laptop-overheating-problem-due-some-software.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey guys I ll try to keep this short as possible I just bought a new computer Took it to my college dorm plugged it in thing works great However after a few hours of use the screen began to stutter like the frame rate would drop then it would return to normal after a few seconds This kept happening for about minutes until finally the computer froze up completely I couldn t Alt-F CtrlAltDelete or anything and had to force problem? Computer overheating up, freezing possible shutdown the computer Powered it up again same thing happened so I decided to unplug it When I grabbed the tower it was fairly hot especially above where the CPU was My college dorm is fairly warm however probably somewhere in the low s we have leaky radiators so I decided to take the PC home to my house and try it out in my basement which is Computer freezing up, possible overheating problem? probably around - degrees It ran completely smooth with no problems After several hours of running intensive resource heavy programs on it I put my hand on the computer It wasn t hot at all and the air coming out of the fan vents wasn t even warm Thinking that the problem had somehow fixed itself I took the computer up to my room which was degrees according to the thermometer and plugged it in I played it for about three hours before without any warning whatsoever the screen locked up again and I had to force shutdown the PC To me this seems like a temperature issue But I find it hard to believe that a degree difference would make the PC lock up altogether My old PC would at least blue screen and shut down when it overheated while this one simply freezes up I figured I would ask around before I started buying new and most likely the wrong parts for the PC The CPU is a AMD FX- GHz The cooling unit on the CPU is a Coolermaster Seidon m Water Cooler The GPU is a NVidia GTX TI gb GDDR OS is Windows bit GB of RAM Motherboard is a Gigabyte GA- FXA-UD Watt power supply I thought that the water cooling system would be more than enough to cool the PC with several other fans of course and when I was in my basement I checked to see if the pump activated when I powered it on which it did Is there a chance that the pump shuts off after a while and that causes the CPU to overheat What do you guys think The computer is still under warranty if it is indeed a faulty part But if this is due to a poor choice in part selection then that would be my bad Any help would be appreciated Brian nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

Hi!

Recently after installing windows 7, my acer 5715z laptop has been randomly overheating. I've cleaned the heatsink and everything, but the problem seems to be driver- or settings related. Every now and then, the laptop fan stops spinning, causing the cpu temperature to rise until it automaticly shuts off at 100?. Weird thing is, if I put the laptop on battery power when it starts heating up, the laptop fan starts spinning again and cpu temp cools down again. I've looked everywhere in the windows 7 power settings and tried programs such as speedfan but it seems i can't control the fan speed. I've configured 'core temp' to put the laptop in sleep mode when cpu temperature rises above 80? so it doesn't just shut down instantly at 100?. I've contacted the Acer helpdesk about this but they just say to reinstall windows vista... I've updated pretty much everything except the bios. Any help?

A:Strange overheating problem in windows 7

No solutions immediately are apparent to me. So I'll get the ball rolling for ya...how's cpu usage? Behaving normally?

Could be some kind of cpu throttling gone wrong or working incorrectly. Puzzled about this one...

Maybe somebody knows something. Let's see.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/33848-strange-overheating-problem-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a W541. The laptop overheats during heavy tasks, the fan doesn't seem to cope even though it's set on maximize performance in the power manager. I instaled the fan diagnostic tool but it's not being detected. What could be wrong??

A:Overheating problem fan not detected on Lenovo dia...

I have similar problem before on my X200T. The result is that the fan is not speeding as fast as expected, it makes some noise, or it stops completely after some times. My suggestion is to do a clean work on the fan and CPU paste. Otherwise, you may be like me burning the fan totally a couple of months later without noticing that there was actually some small stuffs half stucked beneith the fan. For a temperary solution, you can try show down the computer and reboot after it's cooled down. The fan may behavior normally in a short run.  Your case may be difference than mine...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------TPs own: X31 (2003), X61T, X200T, Tablet 2, P50 (2016); Win 7/8.1/10, Ubuntu8.04-16.04.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Overheating-problem-fan-not-detected-on-Lenovo-diagnostic/td-p/3307324