Windows Support Forum

Repeated BSODs, long-term problem Windows 7 x64 SP1

Q: Repeated BSODs, long-term problem Windows 7 x64 SP1

I have been struggling with this problem for months These crashes occur most commonly when I am playing games leading me to believe it was a graphics card problem I cleared all my drivers and x64 Repeated 7 long-term BSODs, problem SP1 Windows did a clean install Only time will tell I attempted to use your blue screen collection program however my computer Repeated BSODs, long-term problem Windows 7 x64 SP1 crashed I shall try again after I post my basic information OS Repeated BSODs, long-term problem Windows 7 x64 SP1 Windows x SP Installed with my computer The computer is roughly months old Motherboard Asus M A LT-M-LE CPU AMD Atholon IIx Video Card ATI Radeon HD Power Supply I am uncertain of the brand however it is Watts It is a Cyber Power PC Gamer Ultra I have tested the memory i've reinstalled most drivers tried to clean the registry This may have been a mistake switched from Avast to MSE uninstalled Daemon I've tried to cover all the bases Repeated BSODs, long-term problem Windows 7 x64 SP1 before posting this I'm going to attach my minidump file and my system report I have been running driver verifier since the th one crash was due to a PC tools antivirus program which I have since removed Unfortunately almost all of the dumps from march through june are gone but I will post more as they occur

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Repeated BSODs, long-term problem Windows 7 x64 SP1

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Repeated BSODs, long-term problem Windows 7 x64 SP1

I successfully ran the collection program

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/repeated-bsods-long-term-problem-windows-7-x64-sp1-584550.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Windows 7 . . .
- x64
- the original installed OS on the system? Yes
- an OEM version
- What is the age of system (hardware)? Approx 1 1/2yrs.
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) Original install. Approx 1 1/2yrs.

Am having multi BSODs nearly daily. Appreciate any help I can get. See the attached files. Thank you!

A:Multiple, long term BSODs

Quote: Originally Posted by comptrguru

Windows 7 . . .
- x64
- the original installed OS on the system? Yes
- an OEM version
- What is the age of system (hardware)? Approx 1 1/2yrs.
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) Original install. Approx 1 1/2yrs.

Am having multi BSODs nearly daily. Appreciate any help I can get. See the attached files. Thank you!

Two issues

First. Related to ndasscsi.sys NDAS SCSI Miniport from XIMETA, Inc.

Re-install newest driver available.
Second
Asacpi.sys

The pre 2009 version of this driver is a known bsod cause.

Quote:
Please visit this link: Asus tek computer inc. -support- drivers and download p7p55d le

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS P5K-VM

Scroll down to the utilities category, then scroll down to the "atk0110 driver for windowsxp/vista/windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).

Download and install it.

Go to c:\windows\system32\drivers to check and make sure that the asacpi.sys file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (notbefore).

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/207773-multiple-long-term-bsods.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Ok I have been using vista ultimate for over a year now. I seem to be the only person I know who actually likes the o/s.

However I have had this problem with the Game Panel since day one and on two different Ultimate builds (one 32 one 64 both legitimate copies). I haven't been able to find a solution to this problem and its annoying not know what it is or how (or why) I cant fix it.

Clicking on any game in the game panel spits out this error:

"This file does not have a programassociated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Set Associations control panel."

This occurs for all games including the ones that come with Vista. I have no idea how to fix this.

Can anyone put me out of my misery?

Relevancy 76.97%

Hello,

This thread is about a question about having an ext hdd for both windows and mac (one partition/filesystem) I suggested Fat32. A colleague was telling me that somneone they knew told them that Fat32 was not "long-term" enough to use as a file system.

I am thinking this is incorrect, sure Fat32 isnt the latest Microsoft/Mac filesystem, but it is one of the easiest to use file systems that will support one disk, one partition with both files types

Is this still a useful file system for such a case on a pc thats going to use Windows 7 and an unknown version of Mac?

-DRW

A:Windows 7 (...and mac) external HD Fat32 long term?

Worth a look, http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/external-hard-drive-windows-mac/ .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/486872/windows-7-and-mac-external-hd-fat32-long-term/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi So a little background I've been unable to get a successful windows 80073712 Update issue Long Error Windows term update for probably years Possibly longer Numerous times I've sat down and spent a few days trying to resolve Windows Update Error 80073712 Long term issue it and then given up and moved on but I'm having other issues currently that I'd like to fix and thought I would try and start with this one in case correcting it may help in the other issues This is an aging installation I believe initially installed in I no longer have the Windows Ult installation disc so I do not have the recovery options from disc nor can I re-install I plan to build a whole new system in the next year waiting on the new processor families so I'm trying to stretch this system out until that occurs I've run SURT SFC does not work I believe this is likely the root of my problems CSI Unable to Query Store Version x Windows Update error https dl dropboxusercontent com u CBS zip Also Malwarebytes is scanning my system as I type this and I ran quot CHKDSK C R quot earlier tonight

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/397007-windows-update-error-80073712-long-term-issue.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi,

I've been having a long term problem (going on for a few months) with various BSOD's, including the IRQ less or not equal, system service exceptions, and various others, and can never seem to understand what is going on.

Usually, in windows 7 (64bit) it is MOST likely to crash when the graphics card and sound card are running at the same time - but not always - when it happens. In fact, it's got so bad the computer for using games etc etc it's practically unusable. It even crashes in facebook game areas, with the system exception fault.

I've attached all the crashes from the last 3 months (there's a lot of them) and thats really just the tip of the iceberg. Can anybody find the problem, and from there, a solution?

Thanks
Rich

A:Long term BSOD's

Quote: Originally Posted by Devilish

Hi,

I've been having a long term problem (going on for a few months) with various BSOD's, including the IRQ less or not equal, system service exceptions, and various others, and can never seem to understand what is going on.

Usually, in windows 7 (64bit) it is MOST likely to crash when the graphics card and sound card are running at the same time - but not always - when it happens. In fact, it's got so bad the computer for using games etc etc it's practically unusable. It even crashes in facebook game areas, with the system exception fault.

I've attached all the crashes from the last 3 months (there's a lot of them) and thats really just the tip of the iceberg. Can anybody find the problem, and from there, a solution?

Thanks
Rich

Rich

With that many different causes you have to think hardware. We have to examine one thing at a time. I would start by testing your memory. To do that download memtestx86 and run for at least 5 passes. If that passes (and I doubt it will) you can Run a system file check. To verify and repair your system files
Type cmd in search>right click and run as admin>sfc /scannow (note the space between sfc and "/")

If you are overclocking you need to stop
If you have adjusted ram voltages reset them to default

You have drivers that need to be updated.

Code:
ASACPI.sys fffff880`04124000 fffff880`0412c000 0x00008000 0x42476c4c 3/27/2005 10:30:36 PM
secdrv.SYS fffff880`0974c000 fffff880`09757000 0x0000b000 0x4508052e 9/13/2006 9:18:38 AM
If all else fails (and this might be easiest) I would do a clean re-install of win 7

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/74110-long-term-bsods.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I just moved into a new apartment and someone in the building has an unsecured connection which I?ve been using with no issues (except slower speed) since I moved in a couple days ago. I?m wondering what risks I would be taking if I was to use this connection instead of just setting up my own connection. The thought of saving $60+/mo is appealing but I?m concerned about security issues in regard to paying bills, bank transfers, stock trades, etc. I do have a secure connection elsewhere which I could use for that sort of thing if it would be a risk using it at home. Should I just bite the bullet and get my own service set up?

A:Using unsecured Wi-Fi for long-term use?

The first thing you should not be doing on an unsecured Public wifi. Is doing banking type transactions. You need to use either a VPN connection through the Public hotspot. Or just pay for your own secured personal Internet connection.

Too easy for someone to put a packet sniffer on the public hotspot and grab traffic as it goes through it.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/46668-using-unsecured-wi-fi-long-term-use.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I generally build systems with high end Long Term Build parts I've found this to be beneficial in longevity reliability and performance I built my last machine in around a Q and Gigabyte EP Long Term Build -UD R gb RAM and Win x It's served me well all of these years Now of course it's getting a bit long in tooth esp since I recently started playing MP FPS games which as you know require a bit of horsepower for smooth gameplay I did just recently buy a Sapphire ATI OC edition which has helped frame rates considerably but not enough to stop there I'm gearing up to build another system and have been looking at socket boards and the i K cpu I'd like to build another long term system knowing that when the time comes I'll likely jump a socket or two or more So the question is Long Term Build is socket the way to go or is there an older socket that will fill the bill It would need to be justifiably Long Term Build cheaper which may negate support a reasonable amount of recent technology and carry me through - more years assuming technology doesn't require a sooner upgrade I don't mind spending the money on the latest in this case MB CPU and RAM I just don't care to waste it I'm not interested in AMD atm Thanks for your opinions Salt

A:Long Term Build

Hello Salt mate surprised you haven't had a flood of answers on this one?? The latest in here is a thread around the Haswell (1150) technology see this i5-4670K or i7-4770K? .

I currently have my latest build - an Ivy bridge machine on the 1155 technology and it runs real nice apart from a cooler that let go it is just great. Trouble is the 1155 boards where I am are getting harder to find and if you are looking at some recent technology at a reasonable price then 1155 would be the way to go and you are not tied to using the most expensive CPU for it either. This is what is available to me where I get my stuff from to give you an idea.

But I am planning on going onto the Haswell stuff in the near future and am watching that thread to see how it pans out first. I think the general consensus is based around Asus hardware but mind you the costs can be quite intimidating unless you have a money tree LOL!!

Myself I prefer the NVidia hardware for graphical stuff and I use the G Skill forum for RAM advice but there are plenty of the members here who are on the money with any of it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/302470-long-term-build.html
Relevancy 68.8%

For what feels like forever my main PC has been crashing every so often. Most of the time it'll just restart, but occasionally (about half a dozen out of about 100 times) I get a BSOD.

Two other oddities are that once it knocked power to the CPU fan out (so when it restarted I got scary red letters telling me my sytem was shutting down to stop it being permamently damage) and once when it crashed my Xbox simultaneously kicked into life across the room!

Windows version is Enterprise x64 (upgraded from bundled Home Premium x64). I've had the machine for just about 12 months now, current version of the OS was installed late last year. I think, but can't remember 100% accurately, that it was crashing before I upgraded.

A:Long-term crashing

Quote: Originally Posted by Riquende

For what feels like forever my main PC has been crashing every so often. Most of the time it'll just restart, but occasionally (about half a dozen out of about 100 times) I get a BSOD.

Two other oddities are that once it knocked power to the CPU fan out (so when it restarted I got scary red letters telling me my sytem was shutting down to stop it being permamently damage) and once when it crashed my Xbox simultaneously kicked into life across the room!

Windows version is Enterprise x64 (upgraded from bundled Home Premium x64). I've had the machine for just about 12 months now, current version of the OS was installed late last year. I think, but can't remember 100% accurately, that it was crashing before I upgraded.

Hi.
Ur minidump points to atikmdag.sys,that is ati error.
Well first...
Download and instal CCleaner - Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download
Download MSE Anti-Malware, Virus, Spyware Protection | Microsoft Security Essentials
Download the most updatet catalyst AMD Graphics Drivers & Software
----------------------------
Uninstall Kaspersky from ur system,clean with ccleaner,restart,install MSE.
Uninstall ati catalyst,again clean with ccleaner,restart,install the new catalyst,restart.
-------------------
Wait and see and post back with any results!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/168979-long-term-crashing.html
Relevancy 68.8%

hello people been using Windows amp for the past few months now and I really must say its the best windows edition so far The windows Installation was working fine for the past months when I started to have BSODs all of a sudden within - minutes of booting My PC had been reset about - time before in Repeated RC.:| BSODs 7 Windows than due to power trips I tried to find out the exact problem but the BSODs were too frequent to really do anything about them So I reinstalled windows RC But the BSODs have continued even after reinstallaion but they are not so frequent now so I have been able to find out more info IobuildpartialMdl was called with a virtual address range outside the range of the source MDL stop code x E heres what even viewer says The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x e x Repeated BSODs in Windows 7 RC.:| d x a d x b Repeated BSODs in Windows 7 RC.:| x ff A dump was saved in C Windows MEMORY DMP Report Id - - mind you the windows RC installation was working flawlessly for months before these BSODs I tried googling but there was nothing relevant regarding my particular problem Thanks in advance

A:Repeated BSODs in Windows 7 RC.:|

My guess based on past experience is that it will be either a ram or power supply problem. when i have come across these type of things in previous versions of windows one of the two is nearly always to blame.

try swapping out and testing if you can.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/14294-repeated-bsods-windows-7-rc.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I had a friend build my brother-in-law a computer and it keeps randomly getting the dreaded BSOD It ran Crysis for an hour and then crashed I load up email it crashed It s got all of the updates and drivers for audio video chipset etc etc Here are the specs ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name WANGSTA Operating System Windows Professional -bit Build win gdr - Language English Regional Windows on Repeated 7 BSODs Setting English System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd System Model EP -UD P BIOS Award Modular BIOS v PG Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Repeated BSODs on Windows 7 ATI Radeon HD Series Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc Chip type ATI Repeated BSODs on Windows 7 display adapter x DAC type Internal DAC MHz Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS E B amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model FHD Monitor Id GWY A Native Mode x p Hz Output Type HD Driver Name atiu p dll aticfx dll aticfx dll atiu pag aticfx aticfx atiumd dll atidxx dll atidxx dll atiumdag atidxx atidxx atiumdva atiumd a cap atitmm dll Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d n a WHQL Date Stamp n a Device Identifier D B EE -D - CF- - C A C C Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID xE B I don t know anything about PC s and the guy who built it is usally pretty good at these things but he is stumped Attached are the crash reports from the event viewer Please I need some serious help with this because it s been a paperweight for some time Also memtest and chkdsk came back clean We re reinstalled OS and we replaced the motherboard nbsp

Relevancy 67.94%

Greetings use recommendations? term headset Long I currently work in a call center but have use for PC Headsets at home as well I ve been doing some fairly extensive looking around but can t seem to find the quot right quot headset I m looking for Something over-the-head Long term use headset recommendations? behind the head or Long term use headset recommendations? in-ear never seem to stay in with my head Something around-the-ear probably Most on-the-ear tend to hurt my ears with extended use Something that cancels as much noise around me as far as what I hear I work in a noisy call center and most noise-cancelling headsets advertise this just from a microphone point of view Something with standard PC connectors dual mm Something COMFORTABLE that can handle hours of daily use Price range doesn t particularly matter though I would like it to stay didgits preferably Generally this isn t a list of musts but rather what I prioritize in finding It s so hard to know how a headset is going Long term use headset recommendations? to feel just off of pictures was wondering if anyone has something that matches this Drop me a line if anyone has any suggestions I d really love to get some ideas nbsp

A:Long term use headset recommendations?

For this list the headset will be pricey, but you will get what you pay for. Here's an example:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826265053

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/long-term-use-headset-recommendations.125764/
Relevancy 67.94%

Long term problem with crashing, over a year, updated from win 8.1 to 10 in an effort to correct it, to no avail.

First crash happened while watching video in in the Chrome browser. Crashes did not happen using the internet explorer browser. Videos in the steam app, iTunes, and Netflix will all crash. The computer will also crash out in some games the most severe being that Minecraft will crash and leave corrupted data breaking saves.

Any help is greatly appreciated

COMPUTERROOM-Thu_01_07_2016_183229_45.zip

A:Long term BSOD WHEA

The dumpfiles are:

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.
BugCheck 124, {0, ffffe00160718028, ba000000, 52000402}
Probably caused by : GenuineIntel
Followup: MachineOwner
---------
5: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *
WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: ffffe00160718028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000ba000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000052000402, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Common Platform Error Record @ ffffe00186b3b028
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Record Id : 01d140bc0da51c62
Severity : Fatal (1)
Length : 928
Creator : Microsoft
Notify Type : Machine Check Exception
Timestamp : 1/6/2016 23:46:34 (UTC)
Flags : 0x00000000
===============================================================================
Section 0 : Processor Generic
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Descriptor @ ffffe00186b3b0a8
Section @ ffffe00186b3b180
Offset : 344
Length : 192
Flags : 0x00000001 Primary
Severity : Fatal
Proc. Type : x86/x64
Instr. Set : x64
Error Type : Micro-Architectural Error
Flags : 0x00
CPU Version : 0x00000000000306c3
Processor ID : 0x0000000000000007
This could point to a hardware problem with your CPU but often also motherboard software can cause this kind of BSODs.

In this case it's an internal unclassified error, which means it's not publicly documented (which is ironic given it's "unclassified"). However, yes, it's clear you're dealing with an internal CPU fault and not one that could be generated by bus issues or any other external factor other than heat and voltage. Though make dead sure motherboard software isn't interfering; sometimes mobo software will generate CPU faults of this sort because of bugs in their CPU drivers.
Other than that, no, there's really nothing else you can retrieve from this.

source: http://www.sysnative.com/forums/bsod...mca-fault.html

Please update utilities Like AAPcharger center, Easy Tune, EZ setup etc. too the latest windows 10 version, If the BSOD keep happening please remove and uninstall the drivers of these kind of programs.

Also there is a biosupdate to version F7 with Better system compatibility for Intel? 5th Generation Core? Processors

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/36525-long-term-bsod-whea.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I believe Long term CPU examination load of that the CPU load of a PC Windows x or Windows ditto nbsp runs high from time to time making problems for some processes Basically I don't have a clue of which process es are to blame for this even though I suspect it has to with something started by nbsp Task Scheduler I am thus looking for a good way to log the cpu activity for each running process over a period Long term examination of CPU load of e g one week Details like context switching IO activity network activity etc is not so interesting initially when I have found which processes to blame this may be highly interesting as well but then I need only logging for these processes I have been looking at Performance Monitor but as far as I understand the potensial processes must be known in advance which would be very difficult It seems like quot All processes quot means the same as total which gives me info of when load peeks but not which process to blame I have also looked at Sysinternals ProcMon but I do not understand how this may be set up for this task Any recommendations It must not increase the memory consumption during run i e it must be running deterministic and not causing resource starvation during e g days Likewise it must not eat to many cpu cycles it self say maximum

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d3c184e6-d4eb-40f0-b6d5-4953371b1280/long-term-examination-of-cpu-load?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 67.94%

Ok, so I am going to refurbish a refurbished Dell CPx H500GT throughout the course of the 08-09 School Year. I am looking for a new motherboard for it, as it pretty damn obsolete I really don't know much, as it's my little brother's laptop that was mine for a month. All I know is that it has BIOS Revision A14.
So basically, can anyone help me find a good motherboard that will work with the CD/DVD drive that is already in there, either a built in wireless card or a place to put in the external wireless card?

Thanks!

A:Long Term Refurbishing Project

With laptops you must use the identical manufacturer board that you are replacing. Laptops are not upgradeable like desktops, motherboards cannot be swapped out for newer, better, or different ones. If its too fix a broken one then since this is an old unit your best bet to source one from eBay. Dell does not likely carry these anymore or they will be priced very high.

If the laptop does not have wireless already then you can add one by using a PCMCIA wireless card.

But this is a pretty old laptop, the time and money you invest into it will be better spent on better used or new laptop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/long-term-refurbishing-project.777228/
Relevancy 67.94%

HiI just bought an new yoga 900, 10 days ago, and im really very happy, but before my 14 days of return concludes i would like to know the long term issues and if its a sturdy and reliable machine. I would like to know the issues or problems that comes with de use of the machine:Magnesiun lid scratches or decolored?Hinge caps lose?Keyboard?Hinge loose of force? This machine its for a 2 years period and i would be secure that the great quality that i apreciate, its mantains along the time of use. And a little tip that i found for make de colours more punch (maybe its placebo but for mi works) , in the intel settings i go to colour adjust and up 1 point the contrast, and down 1 point de gamma, thats all. Thanks for your comments

A:yoga 900 and 3 pro long term quality

I have a Y3P which is a replacement of a replacement of a replacement..... Frankly, considering my experience I'm amazed that Lenovo stays in business, but support has been good?As for the Y3P-5 loose hinge caps (all glued back)shorted out power adapter (replaced after arcing issue)ominous hinge creak when closing the lidI have no issues with the case (poor orange paint job has some dust in it, not enough for me to send it back), but then again we consider the Y3P too fragile to travel so it usually sits on a table and occasionally travels around the house. My keyboard is fine, the touchpad isn't the best performer I've had and is far off from a Mac or the 2+-year-old sub $200 Samsung Chromebook we have. I also don't have any issue with loud or high pitched fan noise, possibly due to hearing loss?Still, better than my experiences with the U530 (catastrophic hinge failure causing the digitizer to shatter) and several Y400/410's that all died.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/yoga-900-and-3-pro-long-term-quality/td-p/2250141
Relevancy 67.94%

hi, ive tried to cool down my processor below 55C but to no avail.

i have given up, cud neone tell me the long term effects of this?

note: under 100% processor usage, the temp goes to about 65C

Relevancy 67.94%

Hello everyone I wonder if of SSDs Long health term of you guys could answer a few questions about SSDs that I ve been sitting on for a while now Specifically I m wondering if SSDs can become quot damaged quot or permanently altered in performance by getting too full or failing to Long term of health of SSDs properly use TRIM I ve got GB OCZ Agility SSDs in RAID GB total size performance is quite breathtaking and I ve seen transfer speeds of GB per second However I ve heard that TRIM is not supported in Windows or in general when running SSDs in RAID and I ve also read somewhere on the great wide Internet that SSD performance can really drop off as the drives approach full capacity especially without TRIM functionality What I have not been able to find any clear information on Long term of health of SSDs is whether this performance loss is permanent or if it can be fixed simply by reformatting the drives as another RAID array or as single drives My Agility RAID array is approximately full as of right now and it previously was around until I moved some files and apps off of it to my TB Caviar Black drive I could move more apps but before I do I d like to know whether it s even worth the effort In short I d like to know if A drive performance has indeed dropped it doesn t seem like it s dropped too much but I didn t run any quot real quot benchmarks on it when it was new so I can t really compare it to anything and B if performance has dropped is there anything I can do to fix it and how would I go about fixing it In very short tl dr OCZ x GB Agility RAID Array will it be slower as it fills if so how can it be fixed and is the quot damage quot permanent nbsp

A:Long term of health of SSDs

I'll warn you, I don't know that much about SSD's, even though I own one as a boot drive but they are essentially flash memory and as far as I know, the more that is stored on flash memory, the slower it gets (especially in the 90%-100%) full range. I have experienced this with a few smaller devices, especially phones. As far as I know, teh best way is simply to decrease teh data stored on it, or get one with a bigger capacity. Ultimately, this is what I can guess from having expirience with similar types of memory. Hope it helps!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/long-term-of-health-of-ssds.190237/
Relevancy 67.94%

This is probably a stupid question, but what the heck.
Would any of the forum elite care to weigh in with their pick of the mobo brand or brands that they feel are the best bet to 'last', running 24/7 without malfunctioning? I suppose this is really just a question of who has the best quality control. Thanks.

A:Best 'long term reliabilty' mobo

ASUS
Gigabyte
Intel
Abit
ASRock

All boards can run 24/7 unless its a defect, heat also is a factor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-long-term-reliabilty-mobo.64922/
Relevancy 67.94%

So I have been having an intermittent problem for the last year Long Term Reboot issue or so My computer randomly reboots It goes to black tries to reboot and hangs during the reboot process I will Long Term Reboot issue have to wait for the next time to give you the exact error verbage but it stops at one of two different places and at one of the places that it can stop it says something about BIOS not installed The other one says something about lt tab gt to something something I apologize for not writing that down right Long Term Reboot issue away Anyways I turn it off using the power button and go away Ten minutes later I come back turn it on and it acts like nothing ever happened I have tried to get a minidump but there is nothing there I have looked at the event viewer and sometimes there is an error about the RAID driver I don t have a RAID I have a SATA drive I have read that winxp tends to confuse them I have updated my bios checked my RAM checked my PSU and fully reloaded Windows Which by the way the reload seemed to cause the problem to go away for a number of months But then it came back crashing every couple of weeks until we are now back at the point of a crash a day or multiple crashes consecutively if it is feeling especially ornery Other than the normal ole checkbook email word itunes stuff I play DDO I have CA Internet Security Suite installed I can run everest and dxdiag if needed What I am thinking of doing right now is trying to slipstream a windows disk with everything and doing another complete reload But I am concerned that the exact same thing will start happening again Thanks for any help nbsp

Relevancy 67.94%

Hi all I am having a strange issue when trying to establish and stay connected to a WiFi connection for extended periods of time I am using my microPC as Long Term Issues WiFi a host for a couple of tasks so it needs to stay powered on and remotely accessible for extended periods However I have noticed an odd issue that I have not been able to find an acceptable solution for After the PC has been on and connected to the network for upwards of a day it is a little hard to track down the exact time of disconnect the network connection will be lost and unable to be restored Using the correct PW will attempt to connect for a period before returning quot Something has changed since you last connected quot I have not been able to find any reference to this response anywhere although maybe my google-fu is just weak So any ideas on how to resolve the problem or possible reasons for this issue I am certain that it is the PC rather then the router as I am still able to connect to the router with other devices and they operate as expected The problem can be solved by restarting the computer which I have been doing on a hr schedule to try and Long Term WiFi Issues avoid this issue But if there was another solution then I would be quite interested to find it TLDR After connected to WiFi network for long period disconnects and presents with quot changed since last connected message Can be fixed by restart is there another solution

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/52804-long-term-wifi-issues.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello everyone thank you for taking the time to visit this post and offer your consideration In the last several hours my main computer has been dipping into increasingly more critical instability The computer has had a number of relatively minor and infrequent issues during start-up for the last few months but nothing Windows in bit 7 BSODs Repeated consistent and 64 I was unable to work around or which were truly problematic Last night however it suffered a BSOD while attempting to load up a game Several hours later it suffered another BSOD while it was unattended In the hours since then it has suffered more BSODs on a fairly consistent schedule regardless of whether or not it is in use or as far as I can Repeated and consistent BSODs in Windows 7 64 bit tell what programs or processes are in use at the moment In addition my main anti-malware software MalwareBytes Anti-Malware Free edition has developed a persistent error since this morning It will cause an intractable unescapable hang in the system at a certain point in every attempt to scan forcing me to make a hard reset of the computer The latest BSOD at time of writing produced this error message upon start-up Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode a BCP FFFFF FC CD BCP FFFFFFFFC D BCP CFFA BCP FFFFF F B OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Ryan AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml The dmp file will be attached to this post in a zip folder The xml file could not be found or retrieved My system information - Windows Home Premium Home Edition - ST AS SATA Disk Device GB - AMD Phenom II X T Processor GHz - ATI Radeon HD That is unfortunately all the information I can glean with my limited knowledge I can report that EVEREST Home Edition lists my Motherboard as Unknown but that and it's CPU type x MHz and System Memory MB are all the program reports in regards to the Motherboard If there is any more information I can provide please let me know Thank you again for your time

A:Repeated and consistent BSODs in Windows 7 64 bit

Hi

to the Bleeping Computers forum.

This is the error code you had received

Bug Check 0x7A: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

Technical explanation about this stop code : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff559211(v=vs.85).aspx

Usual causes : Hard disk failure , loose cabling , buggy SATA controller driver and in some cases malware infection especially Rootkits.

Please follow the below steps.

Change Hard disk SATA cable. Also reset the power cable.

Run full surface scan on the hard drive.

Download Seatool For DOS from the below link.

http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/item/seatools-dos-master/

Burn the downloaded ISO to a blank CD.

http://knowledge.seagate.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/201431en

Boot from the disc and run a long test with it. Report whether it detects any errors during the test. If it detects any bad sectors during the test, may offer to repair them at the end of scan. Please cancel the repairs and post a reply here instead.

Report your findings after doing the above steps. Depending on the health condition of your hard drive, i will provide the next steps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/502124/repeated-and-consistent-bsods-in-windows-7-64-bit/
Relevancy 67.51%

Dear Techguys Many of us have become wary of all email providers recently and a number of us have asked the basic question quot what happens to all our - happens long What term; privacy/security etc? Email email addresses in the long Email - What happens long term; privacy/security etc? term quot The nature of email means its unlikely to quot stop quot being sent to us even if we stop using our email accounts The bigger riskier question and concern being there is a risk of private information being emailed by organisations such as banks for months years later as they are not aware that the email service provider has subsequently allowed your email account address to be reissued as it had been dormant for a period of time say to someone else Many of us wish to know where where we can find a list of email sevice providers who quot quarantee quot NEVER to reissue our email addresses to anyone else no matter what the circumstances or the time frame involved since we last logged in to our email accounts If any techguys can help with such a list then I d appreciate it I can t seem to find out gmail policy on this let alone others nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

Been suspicious of laptop batteries performance for many years Purchased Dell Studio and booted first time on Performed the recommendations for charging the battery and a week break in period Performed a discharge calibration and battery lasted hours After months started receiving battery warning messages Messages have progressively become more dire On at exactly Battery Term Long Laptop Test A M received the dreaded quot Battery Dead Will Not Charge quot message Installed third party battery manager uninstalled the ACPI and booted without the battery Set Long Term Laptop Battery Test all battery notifications actions and reserves to zero Shut down laptop and charged battery overnight Next morning booted installed ACPI inserted battery unplugged power and started stop watch Battery monitor sez sic zero charge and battery lasts for hours As I have suspected the ACPI is calendar driven not physical calibration of the battery All of its warnings are bogus Now I am trying to figure out how to wipe clean the ACPI to reset the monitoring for the specific battery Advice will be appreciated

A:Long Term Laptop Battery Test

The battery may be defective. Modern laptop batteries have a chip inside them that reports their condition. If that chip is damaged or defective it will not report correctly.
You might want to check that possibility before playing with your critical systems.

Inner Workings of a Smart Battery – Battery University

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/253967-long-term-laptop-battery-test.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi all,
I have a Power supply (ATX) that I would like to run a long term test on it without having a motherboard connected. I do have a nice tester, however it gets hot after awhile so I don't want to use that long term. I have a dummy load that suposidly once connected to the molex connector will have the PS run, but it don't. Any suggestions?

-Gameman

A:long term testing a power supply?

I connect automotive lamps to mine to run tests, they'll run as long as you like.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/long-term-testing-a-power-supply.367516/
Relevancy 67.51%

I have seen it said many times that a CD/DVD that you burn will have a lifetime of 3-5 years, but I have never understood the technical reasons for this. First of all, is this true for all brands and types of CD/DVD media even if stored in optimal conditions? And what exactly happens at the cusp when things begin to degrade? Thirdly, what makes OEM CD/DVD's different in that they last much longer than ones you burn yourself? I would appreciate any other information you may know to clarify this whole issue.

A:Long Term Storage Integrity CD/DVD Media

Google: CD Longevity

http://www.audioholics.com/education/audio-formats-technology/cd-and-
dvd-longevity-how-long-will-they-last

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/long-term-storage-integrity-cd-dvd-media.769081/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi guys I m new here so very long-term crashes PC issue - randomly apologies if this is in the wrong place I couldn t really see anywhere else appropriate to put it due to the nature of the issue I PC randomly crashes - very long-term issue m having Around October I built my first ever custom PC using pcpartpicker and other resources I ll put the build in a spoiler below for reference The build was largely a success but ever since I built it I ve had a problem with random crashes These crashes cause the screen to freeze - that s to say that everything on the screen stops moving and cannot be moved including the cursor - and the audio becomes extremely distorted For example if I m listening to music and it crashes as the singer says quot money quot the audio will just turn into a very obnoxious quot EEEEEEEEE quot sound until I restart The only way to restart the system is to kill the power or hit the restart button Hitting the restart button causes the system to lose power after a - second delay stay off for around seconds then turn on again From what I can tell they happen at completely random times and intervals I ve never noticed any kind of pattern or cause over the years I ve been using this PC The frequency can be anything from once every weeks to times a day Actually the only thing I ve noticed is that once it starts happening multiple times a day it tends to happen multiple times a day for a week before going back to happening less frequently I have tried many software- and hardware-related things in an attempt to fix this issue clearly with no progress I will list the steps I have tried below as well I ve also tried loading in safe-mode in which the computer still crashed I very rarely get a blue screen instead of a sudden crash but unfortunately I cannot remember what was written and don t think I have any pictures Any help would be highly appreciated even if it s something small I may have overlooked I saved up for a long time to build this thing and simply don t have the money to buy replacement parts to try Spoiler My build CPU I non-K edition Mobo Asus P Z -V LX ATX I know non-K with Z-series mobo was a fail RAM Corsair Vengeance x GB mhz Storage x WD Blue gb x Samsung EVO gb GPU EVGA GTX SC PSU Corsair CX W Bronze OS Windows Ultimate Nothing overclocked all brand new Spoiler Things I've tried RAM memtest for - hrs with both socketed in slots and and and individually while socketed in slot Also tried other RAM in my PC and tried my RAM in a different PC GPU Stress test cannot remember program used upgraded and downgraded graphics drivers removed drivers and GPU from system and tried to run from integrated GPU HDD SSD Originally my OS was installed on one of my WD drives The SSD was an upgrade so I reinstalled my OS on the SSD CPU Stress test cannot remember program used for hrs Mobo Tested system before and after installing all up-to-date drivers Other Checked system temps during load idle removed old PCI-E wireless adapter removed OD checked cables are inserted firmly into their respective hardware None of these tests showed any red flags and none fixed the crashing issue nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-randomly-crashes-very-long-term-issue.1154725/
Relevancy 67.51%

We have had a long freezing long computer Desktop term term problem with our desktop computer freezing up all the time and moving very slowly We had it reformatted once and it was fine but shortly after it was the same again Here is the log also included other specs Any ideas Time for a new system Am I posting in the right place Thanks Tech Support Desktop computer long term freezing Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card SiS Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P S VX REV xx xxxxxxxxxxx Antivirus COMODO Antivirus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Action Setup VAServ exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiapsrv exe C Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system cleanmgr exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Documents and Settings Harry Local Settings Application Data Google Update Download A-E A - F - -E FC chrome installer exe C Documents and Settings Harry Local Settings Temp CR F tmp setup exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www sony com vaiopeople R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files adobe acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Ask Toolbar BHO - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files Ask com GenericAskToolbar dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar Nero Toolbar - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files Ask com GenericAskToolbar dll O - HKLM Run LTSMMSG LTSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run SiS KHooker C WINDOWS System khooker exe O - HKLM Run ZTgServerSwitch c program files support com client lserver server vbs O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE NvQTwk NvCplDaemon initialize O - HKLM Run COMODO Internet Security quot C Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cfp exe quot -h O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - HKCU Run Google Update quot C Documents and Settings Harry Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exe quot c O - Global Startup VAIO Action Setup Server lnk O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - IERESET INF START PAGE URL http www sony com vaiopeople O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com windowsupdat... Read more

Relevancy 67.51%

Ok so I ve term post problems signal No - Long no been having troubles on and off with my pc for a while it s fairly outdated as I m a broke uni student Recently I went to a LAN with a few friends I got there and set Long term problems - No post no signal up but I was getting no signal to my monitor Half an hour of playing around later it turned on and ran fine for the week I was there So I get home plug it all back in no signal Play around for a while and get an error in POST that overclocking failed which there is none to restore defaults etc Reset BIOS defaults and tried booting to windows get to the login screen and the colours go screwy and windows wont load any further Reset no signal still Long term problems - No post no signal no signal now Tested my monitor and the DVI cable and both are fine replaced my mobo with a cheap crappy one tried and still the same problem I borrowed a spare gfx card off a mate of mine Gigabytes oc HD and still no luck Tried swapping out RAM nothing checked the mobo battery and nothing Plugged things in one at a time poqwring on as I went nothing The power goes on no POST beeps and no signal and there is an internal speaker I m wondering if it may be the PSU Like I said my computer is old but I m not sure the PSU is a W with only a v and - v combined at a lousy a The system is running a crappy P ghz x sticks of Corsair ddr ram Gigabyte oc HD Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Long term problems - No post no signal

Probably PSU components and has degraded overtime, so checking it out is worth a try. Especially if you are running one of the hottest CPUs of the olden days ... its a Prescott core right?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/long-term-problems-no-post-no-signal.142279/
Relevancy 67.51%

We are looking to implement long-term mass storage in the future. What is a good method? We need to back up about 40GB of data now, with an average monthly increase of about 1 GB. I'm thinking a DAT autoloader would be the way to go, but I'm unsure. How do those big auto-loader boxes work? Are they connected to the network, or do they transfer data through the SCSI connection?

Keep in mind, most of the files we are backing up are already compressed TIF files, so data compression would be minimal.

Any thoughts on this would be helpful. Thanks
Mike

A:Long-term Mass Storage Question

I would consider combining this with a 120Gb HD. http://www.datacity.net/removable-hard-drives.htm

You can probably replace the HD for about what you would spend for 120Gig of mass storage media and the unit itself is a tiny fraction of the cost. It is faster than most mass storage devices and reliable. You can use the backup software resident in Windows or purchase fairly sophisticated backup software at reasonable prices.

The units even come with a carrying case to take the drive home with you at night.

This is another thought: http://www.maxtor.com/products/externalstorage/3000XT/default.htm It also comes in USB2, but you would probably need a Firewire or USB2 card with either. I think the unit is about $300. It would probably not be quite as fast as an IDE unit in the removable tray but still a lot faster than a tape unit. 30 MBPS compared to 3 for a tape. And 160Gb seems like it would do you for a while.

Iím sure there are reasons people pay those prices for commercial tape machines. Iím just offering cheaper alternatives that look pretty good. I donít know how well the Maxtor unit would interface in a network, but the removable HD unit will certainly integrate easily.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/long-term-mass-storage-question.74414/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello everyone First of all I m not very literate when it comes to computers I m playing to store a large number of files with the long-term in mind What storage media would be the most approapriate CDs DVDs seem to fragile for the task No matter the choice I ll need to reupload my files onto a new media every few years to file and Long-term data storage integrity prevent obsolence and data degradation Data degradation raises some concerns for me How would I Long-term data storage and file integrity be able to check if some of my files have becomes corrupt over the years and between all those transfers As there are thousands of files manually checking all of Long-term data storage and file integrity them unfeasible I was thinking of compressing them with WinRAR so I only have to deal with one file instead of thousands Long-term data storage and file integrity However is it possible for files within the archive to become corrupt even if the archive opens successfully Is it an quot all of nothing quot sort of thing where the archive decompresses perfectly or not at all Essentially what I m asking is if years from now the rar file opens successfully is it guaranteed to be as good as the original Not sure if this is the right forum for this Please move it if it isn t nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

This is really annoying I own preventing update Windows BSODs 10 work me each to after repeated a Dell Latitude laptop since last year nbsp and most of the times repeated BSODs after each Windows 10 update preventing me to work after a windows update it goes in BSOD or fails to start completely at random mostly when nbsp I am teaching nbsp or I am on a train and need to work on nbsp my laptop The laptop works one day and then the next it does not Dell support has changed hard drive RAMs AC cord and device to no avail The computer passes all repeated BSODs after each Windows 10 update preventing me to work the nbsp tests I am at loss I need to have a reliable machine for work and I think Dell should put more effort in nbsp supporting nbsp their clients I have nbsp put my minidumps and reports here https www dropbox com sh qibbcf rd p e AAAHmMYbZdSgTUUW esuvg ha dl nbsp I hope you can give relevant and final advice Failing that you will hear from my because the amount of work hours I am losing because of this is seriously damaging I look forward to hearing from you soon nbsp with a reliable solution as I am not the only one nbsp having these nbsp recurring problems

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19997128
Relevancy 65.79%

Good evening.
I am looking for help with a "project". My brother has a small network in his
retail store that is badly infected with CWS. I intend to try to help after some
practice that will involve infecting my personal machine with malware on purpose.

First of many notes: I am not infected, this is not a frantic call for help. No
hurry, my brother has been infected for months, he can wait another week
or two.

His server (the infected machine) is running W2K Advanced Server. My
currently clean machine is W2K Pro.

My plan is to get infected with CWS and do a manual cleanup before I take on
Advanced Server (which is much more of a challenge). Once I have gained
some practice in spyware removal I will move in to his store.

Any takers for this multi-day, multi-machine project?

Many thanks,
Alan

Relevancy 65.36%

Hi All First I want to thank anyone Included! (Long Randomly Help! Solved: Issue) Internet Please Pic Drops Term here who can kindly help me with this painfully long lasting issue i have yet Solved: Internet Randomly Drops (Long Term Issue) Please Help! Pic Included! to find a way to rectify Here is the situation There are a total of computers using the bandwidth on one network within my household Please click the picture to see a perfectly simple and detailed outlay of my network with the make and serial of the routers used The Issue My computer which im typing from now Computer from diagram will drop randomly if i browse the internet or am downloading something whilst using Solved: Internet Randomly Drops (Long Term Issue) Please Help! Pic Included! the browser or sometimes completely randomly for it to then always reconnect by itself after - seconds Also EVERYTIME I restart or log on to my account i will need to restart Router see diagram then click the mini comp on toolbar bottom right for connections gt Open Network and Sharing Centre gt Local Area Connection right side gt Disable gt Then Click red quot X quot and allow windows to sort issue in order for my internet to work on Computer It will not work unless i do THIS procedure This happens ONLY on computer I really appreciate an experienced opinion on helping me rectify this issue Thank you very much nbsp

A:Solved: Internet Randomly Drops (Long Term Issue) Please Help! Pic Included!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-randomly-drops-long-term-issue-please-help-pic-included.1029062/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi Folks I bought a used computer on ebay a little over a month ago foolish I know and it keeps having the deadly blue screen error The error message seems 7 with error Windows [SOLVED] messages Repeated varying (yikes) BSODs to be different every time but the one consistent thing is that it seems to know when I'm working on something I don't want to lose but not any one particular software I don't know if anyone [SOLVED] Repeated BSODs Windows 7 with varying error messages (yikes) here can help but I would really love it if this was figured out I've been pretty helpless on my own so far [SOLVED] Repeated BSODs Windows 7 with varying error messages (yikes) Here's the computer's info OS Windows -bit OEM version Computer was purchased new in March and OS has not been reinstalled afaik I bought used in july CPU - GHz Core i QM Sandy Bridge Video card - GeForce M w GB DDR Graphics Memory Computer is a Dell XPS L X I've attached a zip file with the dmp files and other things recommended Let me know if you can help Right now I feel pretty stupid for buying this computer Thanks

A:[SOLVED] Repeated BSODs Windows 7 with varying error messages (yikes)

First post, I didn't realize it was a laptop till I checked the specs (and the ever so obvious "XPS").

On a fairly new laptop like this, I wouldn't think it was hardware related...

Run memtest86 (download the iso from their site, boot from disk) to check the RAM. It's usually the RAM on a laptop that goes first. Otherwise, I would suspect your Windows install. If it's that new (to you), you probably don't have a lot of personal files on there...

The OEM install of the OS should be usable again, I give it a "fresh kick in the pants". :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-repeated-bsods-windows-7-with-varying-error-messages-yikes-597716.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello everyone I'm at my wit's end at the moment Recently had to replace motherboard RAM and CPU in my computer Purchased an ASUS Maximus VIII GENE Z board an i - k and initially GB of DDR now When I boot my computer after having it off overnight I can get to afterwards BSOD stable Long-term on boot - "cold" issue - the login screen sometimes beyond before it hangs and gives me a BSOD After the machine reboots it's stable for as long as I leave it on I've stressed the system played games done everything to try and get another BSOD after the machine is quot warmed up quot with nothing I've run Prime for hours and completed whole memtests on both the and GBs of RAM I've swapped the RAM and even BSOD on "cold" boot - stable afterwards - Long-term issue replaced the motherboard with an exchanged unit so everything has been pulled and re-seated at least once Sometimes it seems to boot fine and it stays stable Restarting the machine without a BSOD does not produce a BSOD the system is fine There are no OCs on the GPU CPU or RAM Really puzzled and hoping for some help DAS-PC-Thu zip

A:BSOD on "cold" boot - stable afterwards - Long-term issue

Most reccent dumps shows:

MODULE_NAME: nvlddmkm
IMAGE_NAME: nvlddmkm.sys

Code:
Module Name Display Name Description Driver Type Start Mode State Status Accept Stop Accept Pause Paged Pool(bytes) Code(bytes) BSS(bytes) Link Date Path Init(bytes)
============ ====================== ====================== ============= ========== ========== ========== =========== ============ ================= =========== ========== ====================== ================================================ ===========
nvlddmkm nvlddmkm nvlddmkm Kernel Manual Running OK TRUE FALSE 1,466,368 6,668,288 0 3/3/2016 4:15:05 AM C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys 32,768
This is your Nvidia driver. You have a very recent (3/3/2016) version. Maybe try rolling back to a previous version (or older?). Do it cleanly though. Uninstall the current, reboot and let Windows install whatever it thinks is the right driver. Test, if still problems then try going back a few versions.

An older dump (02/08/16) shows:

MODULE_NAME: USBXHCI
FAULTING_MODULE: fffff800eba80000 USBXHCI

Code:
Module Name Display Name Description Driver Type Start Mode State Status Accept Stop Accept Pause Paged Pool(bytes) Code(bytes) BSS(bytes) Link Date Path Init(bytes)
============ ====================== ====================== ============= ========== ========== ========== =========== ============ ================= =========== ========== ====================== ================================================ ===========
USBXHCI USB xHCI Compliant Hos USB xHCI Compliant Hos Kernel Manual Running OK TRUE FALSE 53,248 241,664 0 10/29/2015 10:32:00 PM C:\Windows\system32\drivers\USBXHCI.SYS 4,096
AiChargerPlus.sys is also mentioned which belongs to ASUS and some posts I've found about it indicate it has caused problems previously. Don't know if ASUS fixed the problem or not.

A couple of the oldest dumps show:

MODULE_NAME: memory_corruption
IMAGE_NAME: memory_corruption
FOLLOWUP_NAME: memory_corruption

Have you tried testing your system RAM with memtest86+?

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/43633-bsod-cold-boot-stable-afterwards-long-term-issue.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi, I've been getting BSODs for the last 2-3 months, since upgrading board and CPU. I had tried the usual troubleshooting, without any progress, so I've reinstalled Windows clean. Before I'm even finished setting up (after first batch of Windows' updates) I'm getting more crashes.
The errors are various memory/paging related codes, but rarely, if ever, with the same driver/file listed.

Hardware:
CPU: Phenom 2 x6 1100T,
GPU ATI Radeon HD 5770,
Board: GA-9990FXA-D3,
PSU: Antec 750W
RAM: 16GB (4GB x 4),
Storage: 4 SATA HDD (1TB x2, 500GB, 320GB), Pioneer DVD

Attached is the most recent BSOD output using your utility, I'll add further detail if needed.

A:repeated BSODs

Hello niel-archer and welcome to TSF!

2 dumps attached, one is a 50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA bugcheck pointing to the culprit atikmdag.sys (ATI video driver). The second dump is a 1a: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT.

Memory Management bugchecks can be indicative of memory failure, however it doesn't always mean that. With this being said:

1. Uninstall your AMD drivers and reinstall the latest version. If you're already on the latest version, I recommend reinstalling an earlier version than the latest to be sure it's not a driver issue.

2. If driver reinstalls don't fix the issue, I'm going to recommend running Memtest86+:

RAM - Test with Memtest86+ - Windows 7 Forums

Run Memtest86+ for no less than 6-7 passes. This will take multiple hours, so run before work or sleep.

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/repeated-bsods-655695.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Over the past week I have been getting several BSOD restarts. I downloaded SP1 (running Vista), but it happened again today. I do not have the right program to read the .dmp files, and when I tried to attach them it wouldn't let me. The error codes from before the SP1 install were:
BCCode: a
BCP1: 00000004
BCP2: 0000001B
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 81CB1F60
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

and the codes from today were:
BCCode: 19
BCP1: 00000020
BCP2: 83FA3F58
BCP3: 83FA3FC8
BCP4: 080E0002
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Thanks in advance for any help!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/repeated-bsods.105263/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello For some time now I ve been struggling with BSODs with several different error messages I ve tried a lot and haven t been able to solve them since It all started about two weeks ago My computer has been running smoothly for about months I have the following setup Gigabyte P -DS rev Intel Core Duo E not OCd GB Kingston DDR - strips GeForce GTS MB Samsung Spinpoint HD LJ GB I Repeated BSODs m running Vista Business with all recent updates The first Repeated BSODs BSOD was after about hour of using the computer and came with the errormessage quot MEMORY MANAGEMENT quot No file was specified I rebooted and just hoped it didn t happen again Though after restarting I got another one with the same error message about minutes after the reboot That same day the computer became unusable Sometimes the BSOD appeared even before I could enter my password to login Also the error message sometimes appeared as quot IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL quot Now I knew I had a big problem Things I ve tried - Update every possible driver even for my keyboard mouse etc - Check the hardware to check for loose connectors nothing found - Take out one memory strip tried either one of the strip on it s own and in diferent slots - Update the BIOS to it s latest version - Formatted the entire computer I ve tried installing XP but I couldn t get through the installation without getting a BSOD So I m totally lost atm I might have missed a lot of information that could be useful but I will post that whenever something is needed This forum is pretty much my last hope I ve attached a dumplog that I got from the quot debugwiz quot utility -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Opened log file c debuglog txt Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version X Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Windows MEMORY DMP Kernel Summary Dump File Only kernel address space is available Symbol search path is SRV c windows symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is C Windows C Windows system C Windows system drivers Windows Vista Kernel Version MP procs Free x compatible Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by x fre vista gdr - Kernel base x c PsLoadedModuleList x d e Debug session time Thu Apr GMT System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols PEB is paged out Peb Ldr ffdc c Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck A e cbd b Page c not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Page e not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Page e not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Page e not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details PEB is paged out Peb Ldr ffdc c Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details PEB is paged out Peb Ldr ffdc c Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Probably caused by win k sys win k vSolidFillRect Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v r kv lmtn logclose q Bugcheck Analysis IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL a An attempt was made to access a pageable or completely invalid address at an interrupt request level IRQL that is too high This is usually caused by drivers using improper addresses If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace Arguments Arg e memory referenced Arg IRQL Arg bitfield bit value read operation write operation bit value not an execute operation execute operation only on chips which support this level of status Arg cbd b address which referenced memory Debugging Details ------------------ Page e not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Page e not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Page e not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details PEB is paged out Peb Ldr ffdc c Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details PE... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/repeated-bsods.704573/
Relevancy 59.77%

My OS is win 7 64bit OEM home premium
system is 1.5 yrs old and i hav'nt reinstalled my OS

CPU is i5 430
videocard is ati 5730 with switchable graphics
Model is lenovo Y560 laptop

I m suffring frm this problm fr quite a while...BSOD occurs on starting of any game or video while wrkin with ati graphics...intel graphics wrk fyn...
plz help...thnx in adv

A:repeated BSODs ....

Hi -

One of the 6 dumps was corrupted, indicating possible hardware failure.

For now. . .

Update ATI video driver -

Code:
atikmpag.sys Tue Jun 29 21:48:33 2010 (4C2AA271)
http://sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=atikmpag.sys

Remove Daemon Tools/ Alcohol 120 until BSOD epidemic is over -

Code:

sptd.sys Sun Oct 11 16:55:14 2009 (4AD24632)
http://sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=sptd.sys

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

BSOD SUMMARY

Code:

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\122311-26052-01.dmp]
Built by: 7600.16841.amd64fre.win7_gdr.110622-1503
Debug session time: Thu Dec 22 14:26:36.738 2011 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:29:58.970
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+6c80 )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_atikmpag.sys
Bugcheck code 00000116
Arguments fffffa80`044104e0 fffff880`00d7fc80 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002
BiosVersion = 30CN59WW
BiosReleaseDate = 06/30/2010
SystemManufacturer = LENOVO
SystemProductName = IdeaPad Y560
MaxSpeed: 2270
CurrentSpeed: 2261
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\122311-26847-01.dmp]
Debug session time: Thu Dec 22 13:56:01.915 2011 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:05:12.772
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Bugcheck code 00000116
Arguments fffffa80`03f71390 fffff880`04206c80 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002
BiosVersion = 30CN59WW
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\122311-29780-01.dmp]
Debug session time: Thu Dec 22 13:30:08.543 2011 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:09:22.400
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiAgeWorkingSet+4df )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50
PROCESS_NAME: TrustedInstall
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x50_nt!MiAgeWorkingSet+4df
Bugcheck code 00000050
Arguments fffffa80`2d40f1eb 00000000`00000000 fffff800`0389c46f 00000000`00000002
BiosVersion = 30CN59WW
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\122211-37830-01.dmp]
Debug session time: Thu Dec 22 04:20:05.871 2011 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:43.102
Bugcheck code 00000116
Arguments fffffa80`093cb4e0 fffff880`00c06c80 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002
BiosVersion = 30CN59WW
SystemManufac... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/repeated-bsods-620180.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello I have been plagued by BSODs lately I have been experiencing them mainly as periodic crashes while surfing the web but I have come back several times to see the Repeated BSODS dreaded Repeated BSODS quot your system has recovered quot box When I am present I see several different BSOD errors such as Bad Pool Header PNF Memory IRQ Not less or equal etc I have tried to do a system restore and resetting the virtual memory and it seemed to work for like - days Then the BSODs came back with a vengeance I checked the problem flag and windows blamed win Small ca trojan as a problem but nothing has Repeated BSODS been detected by any antivirus scans I posted to the malware virus forums just to be safe I installed and tried to use WinDbg myself but I can't make anything out of the results I am at a loss Any help would be greatly appreciated My computer stats are below and the required files are zipped and attached Please help My computer was hand built and has been updated several times over the years Windows bit re-installed in July or beginning of Aug EVGA GeForce GTS G SKILL GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBHK AMD Phenom II ghtz Dual Core MSI -G socket AM Cooler Master Silent Pro w PSU GB WD HDD One DVD-RW and a CD DVD drive and I use a USB KB Mouse combo but also have a standard KB

A:Repeated BSODS

I am taking a look at your dump files right now

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/repeated-bsods-618647.html
Relevancy 59.77%

The BSODs started yesterday while I was watching a live stream on YouTube. Since then, they have been frequently occurring, usually while I am browsing. I left CHKDSK running overnight and it seemed to have completed, but I could not locate the log. HDD's SMART values seem to be fine and memory tests have not shown any issues either. 

SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip is attached.

I tried generating the perform report too, but got an error: An error occured while attempting to generate the report. The operator or administrator has refused the request.

· OS - Windows 8.1· x64· Original OS - Windows 8· OEM· Age of system (hardware) - 10 months· Age of OS installation - Original, just reset to factory settings once 8 months or so ago.· CPU - Intel i7-4700MQ· Video Card - nVidia GeForce GT755M / 2GB GDDR5· Lenovo· Y510p (20217)· Laptop

Would appreciate any help and many thanks in advance. 

A:Repeated BSODs on Win 8.1

Update: A couple of hours after posting this, I got the BSOD again. I recalled that there were some Windows Updates recently, so I removed them (about 5-6 from 28th July) and since then, it hasn't happened again. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584707/repeated-bsods-on-win-81/
Relevancy 58.91%

BSoD while Repeated BSoDs, Freezing attaching file and about to post a new thread Check Hi first off I'm Repeated BSoDs, Freezing new to Windows so this whole thing could be my own fault for all I know Repeated BSoDs, Freezing But to start I had a system put together for me and Windows Ultimate -bit installed because I thought why not try it out after hearing all the good things about it and Repeated BSoDs, Freezing what not But since day I have been preferring what I had with my old system that ran Vista- I've been suffering BSoDs around the corner - At the login screen that is right after the computer has finished starting up - While installing DirectX - While re-installing Win as suggested to me by my system builder - While re-installing Win - While re-installing Win I still have the Windows old folders which take up a bit of space I was told that these were supposed to have been deleted during the process but I couldn't see and option that would have done this - Trying to install software - Trying to run programs And I've been suffering freezing either followed by BSoD or nothing around some corners - Trying to watching Youtube as soon as a click play or a few seconds afterward - Trying to scan with Trend Micro Now with the problem I have I kind of deduced it would either be a compatibility problem hardware problem or driver problem or software because of driver hardware problem So like I said before I'm new with Windows especially the -bit part I've only read here and there so what I wanted to know was - Can I still be able to run -bit programs e g something is compatible for Win - but not - or would that be a different scenario - Do I have to install these programs into C Program Files x - When I plug in a new device that would begin an installation would my computer know whether it is compatible or not Or would it be better to install the device manually before plugging it in if a CD installer has been provided Also in terms of compatibility if my hardware can all work with each other My systems builder assures me that it can The next possibility would be a hardware problem which I doubt because I'm assuming anyway that the parts would be fresh-out-of-the-box leading us to Drivers I've installed the major drivers after my th attempt of reinstalling Win such as motherboard sound graphics etc Also I've checked with my device manager and apparently they are up to date I even re-downloaded the latest graphics driver for my card as I believe that my graphics card could be the problem So as you can see I just can't put my finger onto the source of my problems so would like it if anyone could get back to me as soon as they could as I need my system to be up and running and stable as soon as possible I have attached a RAR with the scan that was required for posting a thread about BSoD although I haven't done the Performance test as I did not know exactly what to do - there was no save as option There was an export option but I wasn't exactly sure which I would be exporting PS quot Documents quot also doesnt work for me it says quot 'Documents-library ms' is no longer working This library can be safely deleted from your computer Folders that have been included will not be affected quot Same with quot Pictures quot and quot Music quot I also apologise if my text seems wrapped I'm typing in Safe Mode and I know because I've read another thread from someone else who was typing in safe mode it may turn out that way because of the adjusted resolution I know I might be able to change it but after my whole experience for the past couple days I do not want to touch anything unless I'm trying to fix my issues Edit Sorry if the post seems too long I'm trying to get as much info as well as providing as much detail as possible Also I forgot to include some specs - Windows Ultimate x OEM I also just BSoDed during Safe Mode if that makes any difference

A:Repeated BSoDs, Freezing

Dump is STOP 0x101 (CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT) - CPU likely to be the cause.
Please run: Prime95
Run the Blend Prime95 as well as the Small FFTs.

Regards...

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 101, {21, 0, fffff880030a3180, 5}

Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (101)
An expected clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor in an
MP system within the allocated interval. This indicates that the specified
processor is hung and not processing interrupts.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000021, Clock interrupt time out interval in nominal clock ticks.
Arg2: 0000000000000000, 0.
Arg3: fffff880030a3180, The PRCB address of the hung processor.
Arg4: 0000000000000005, 0.

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT_6_PROC

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: d

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`067f5478 fffff800`02e22453 : 00000000`00000101 00000000`00000021 00000000`00000000 fffff880`030a3180 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`067f5480 fffff800`02e7cde7 : 00000000`00000000 fffff800`00000005 00000000`00002711 00000000`00000001 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x4dfe
fffff880`067f5510 fffff800`033eb895 : fffff800`03410460 fffff880`067f56c0 fffff800`03410460 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeUpdateSystemTime+0x377
fffff880`067f5610 fffff800`02e70c33 : fffff800`02feee80 00000000`00000001 00000000`00000001 00000000`00000006 : hal!HalpHpetClockInterrupt+0x8d
fffff880`067f5640 fffff800`02e339d9 : fffff880`009b1180 fffff880`067f5850 fffff880`009bc040 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiInterruptDispatchNoLock+0x163
fffff880`067f57d0 fffff800`03170268 : 00000000`00000000 fffff880`067f5ca0 fffff800`02e04000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeFlushProcessWriteBuffers+0x65
fffff880`067f5840 fffff800`03170ee5 : 00000000`002ad370 fffff800`0316ce0e 00000000`00000000 fffff800`02e73853 : nt!ExpQuerySystemInformation+0x1368
fffff880`067f5be0 fffff800`02e73993 : fffffa80`06310000 00000000`00000000 ffffffff`fffe7960 00000000`00000000 : nt!NtQuerySystemInformation+0x4d
fffff880`067f5c20 00000000`778bfa1a : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiSystemServiceCopyEnd+0x13
00000000`00cbf138 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0x778bfa1a
STACK_COMMAND: kb

SYMBOL_NAME: ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: Unknown_Module

IMAGE_NAME: Unknown_Image

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT_6_PROC_ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE

BUCKET_ID: X64_CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT_6_PROC_ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE

---------

0: kd> lmtsmn
start end module name
fffff880`0420e000 fffff880`0424c000 1394ohci 1394ohci.sys Tue Jul 14 12:07:12 2009 (4A5BCC30)
fffff880`00e0a000 fffff880`00e61000 ACPI ACPI.sys Tue Jul 14 11:19:34 2009 (4A5BC106)
fffff880`01800000 fffff880`0188a000 afd afd.sys Tue Jul 14 11:21:40 2009 (4A5BC184)
fffff880`042dc000 fffff880`042f2000 ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/148193-repeated-bsods-freezing.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello

I had very frequent BSODs of my system lately. I ran memtest who didn't found any errors. SeaToolsforWindows did not found erros on hdd. Every time that system crashed, firefox 3.6.13 was open.

System components:
ASUS P5QPL-AM
Pentium 4 660, 3,60 Ghz
4 GB RAM
nvidia 6600
Window 7 Ultimate x64

Hope in your help

Thanks

A:Win 7 Ultimate repeated BSODs

Warning
Turn off Verifier before you get started!

I suggest that you test your memory (RAM) with Memtest86+: RAM - Test with Memtest86+
- Run at least 7 passes (takes 6-8 hours)
- Do this overnight
- Burn .iso to CD/DVD using a CD burning program. (I recommend Imgburn)
- Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot. Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

If you are overclocking anything (stop and return to default values).

Regards...

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 1A, {411, fffff6fc500122d0, 8060000111ade882, fffff6fc500122d1}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+6061 )

---------

1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a)
# Any other values for parameter 1 must be individually examined.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000411, The subtype of the bugcheck.
Arg2: fffff6fc500122d0
Arg3: 8060000111ade882
Arg4: fffff6fc500122d1

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_411

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VERIFIER_ENABLED_VISTA_MINIDUMP

PROCESS_NAME: firefox.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

TRAP_FRAME: fffff880025a57b0 -- (.trap 0xfffff880025a57b0)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=fffff8a00245a000 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0000000000000224
rdx=0000000000000002 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff80002f7f5c7 rsp=fffff880025a5940 rbp=fffff880025a5c00
r8=fffff8a0023e1000 r9=0000000000000000 r10=fffffa800371f9f0
r11=000000000016019f r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz na po nc
nt!ObReferenceObjectByHandleWithTag+0xe7:
fffff800`02f7f5c7 488b03 mov rax,qword ptr [rbx] ds:00000000`00000000=????????????????
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002c662dd to fffff80002c89640

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`025a5458 fffff800`02c662dd : 00000000`0000001a 00000000`00000411 fffff6fc`500122d0 80600001`11ade882 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`025a5460 fffff800`02cbaa71 : 80600001`11ade882 fffff6fc`500122d0 0000007f`fffffff8 00000000`00000000 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x6061
fffff880`025a54b0 fffff800`02ca725f : 00000000`00000000 80500001`0223f882 00000000`00000000 fffff800`02e0dbc0 : nt!MiResolveTransitionFault+0x381
fffff880`025a5540 fffff800`02c9743b : ffff0000`01fb860f fffff880`00961000 fffffa80`0638f650 fffff880`00961000 : nt!MiDispatchFault+0x95f
fffff880`025a5650 fffff800`02c8776e : 00000000`00000000 fffff8a0`0245a890 00000000`00000000 fffff8a0`0245a890 : nt!MmAccessFault+0xe1b
fffff880`025a57b0 fffff800`02f7f5c7 : fffff800`02f7f4e0 00000000`00000000 fffff800`02fa4000 fffff800`03126b63 : nt!KiPageFault+0x16e
fffff880`025a5940 fffff800`02fa4119 : fffff880`025a5c00 fffffa80`00000002 fffffa80`03718570 fffffa80`0485f701 : nt!ObReferenceObjectByHandleWithTag+0xe7
fffff880`025a5a10 fffff800`02fa47f6 : fffff880`025a5bf8 00000000`00000224 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!IopXxxControlFile+0x789
fffff880`025a5b40 fffff800`02c888d... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/146843-win-7-ultimate-repeated-bsods.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi-am having trouble with multiple BSODS involving ntfs.sys and https.sys. Happens frustratingly randomly.
Toshiba Satellite L300D running Win 7 Ultimate.

Any help Appreciated. Archive attached.

Cheers,

P

A:Repeated BSODS over the last 3 months!

You definitely need to reduce the items you got on start-up.

Perform a Clean boot:Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
Reduce items at start-up. No software except anti-virus is required plus doing this improves the time for logging into windows:How to Change, Add, or Remove Startup Programs in Windows 7
Run the System File Checker that scans the of all protected Windows 7 system files and replaces incorrect corrupted, changed/modified, or damaged versions with the correct versions if possible:Click on the
Type CMD on Search
Left click and Run as Administrator
Type SFC /scannow
Full tutorial here:SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Run Disk Check on your Hard Drive for file system errors and bad sectors on it.

Hard Drive Diagnostics
Double click and open my computer.
Right click on desired drive and hit properties.
Click on tools tab and Check now.

Read complete instructions on the tutorial: Disk Check

Other Tests:

Upload a screenshot of your hard disk using Crystal Disk Info.
Make a hard drive test from the hard drive manufacturers website.
Test your Hard Drive with SeaTools.

Temp Monitoring

Check for heating issues using Speccy or HWMonitor.

Speccy - System Information - Free Download
HWMonitor CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting

Upload a screen shot with either of the tools: Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

No specifics of the BSOD yet..

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.2.9200.20512 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\USER\Downloads\Compressed\Fugue SF_19-01-2014\Fugue SF_19-01-2014\011914-54210-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (2 procs) Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.18247.x86fre.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0x8301c000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x831654d0
Debug session time: Mon Jan 20 01:04:04.625 2014 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 1 days 21:46:18.669
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 19, {20, 8600d000, 8600d300, 8600000}

GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from 8318584c
Unable to read MiSystemVaType memory at 83164e20
Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe ( nt!ExFreePoolWithTag+1b1 )

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BAD_POOL_HEADER (19)
The pool is already corrupt at the time of the current request.
This may or may not be due to the caller.
The internal pool links must be walked to figure out a possible cause of
the problem, and then special pool applied to the suspect tags or the driver
v... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/352826-repeated-bsods-over-last-3-months.html
Relevancy 58.91%

STOP 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x8058ADE2, 0xB8C8396C, 0x00000000)

Actions taken thus far:

1) reinstalled Windows XP SP2

2) replaced HDD and reinstalled Windows XP SP2

3) new Kingston 256MB - Memtest86 still gave the same errors

4) replaced video card and used different monitor

5) new CDRW and new data cables

6) new 400 w P/S

7) brand new P3 866 CPU with different fsb and multiplier from Celeron 900

8) replaced motherboard with another ASUS P3V133 - more errors on Memtest86.
Now Windows XP will not complete pre-installation file loading.

Inasmuch as there is little else to replace except me, I am considering the possibility that either the slotket has failed, or the original motherboard may have had a faulty voltage regulator that may have damaged the L2 cache for both CPUs.

I'll buy one more P3 CPU before I let this machine beat me.

A:repeated BSODs at the same address

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q315335
Theres a chance that your particular mobo isnt compatable with the RAM or your RAM settings arent right.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/repeated-bsods-at-the-same-address.42856/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello I have a Home Premium Vista bit BSODs and Crashes Repeated on my Lenovo Y laptop I've had problems where my laptop will restart after showing the BSOD This problem has been happening off and on for about two months and I've done everything to Repeated BSODs and Crashes try and fix it Repeated BSODs and Crashes including sending my laptop back to Lenovo and many system restores Lenovo said there was nothing wrong with my laptop when there obviously was and after I received the laptop from them it worked properly for about a month before the BSODs happened again Also recently wlanext exe has been failing and I get a message immediately after startup that the LAN Framework has stopped working so I'm wondering if perhaps the crashes are network-related as I exclusively use Wireless Internet I've also noticed that often times the error codes and messages on the BSODs vary This problem has been a huge pain and it seems the internet doesn't have the answer so I come to you guys hoping and praying for a solution Here's my latest memory dmp debugging report Microsoft reg Windows Debugger Version AMD Copyright copy Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Windows MEMORY DMP Kernel Summary Dump File Only kernel address space is available Symbol search path is SRV c symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows Server Windows Vista Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal Built by amd fre vistasp gdr - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff e c PsLoadedModuleList xfffff dd Debug session time Wed Jan GMT- System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols PEB is paged out Peb Ldr efdf Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck A fffffa bfa fffff eb f Page b not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details PEB is paged out Peb Ldr efdf Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details PEB is paged out Peb Ldr efdf Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Probably caused by memory corruption nt MiRemoveAnyPage Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL a An attempt was made to access a pageable or completely invalid address at an interrupt request level IRQL that is too high This is usually caused by drivers using improper addresses If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace Arguments Arg fffffa bfa memory referenced Arg IRQL Arg bitfield bit value read operation write operation bit value not an execute operation execute operation only on chips which support this level of status Arg fffff eb f address which referenced memory Debugging Details ------------------ Page b not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details PEB is paged out Peb Ldr efdf Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details PEB is paged out Peb Ldr efdf Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details WRITE ADDRESS fffffa bfa CURRENT IRQL FAULTING IP nt MiRemoveAnyPage fffff eb f c or qword ptr rax h r DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR xA PROCESS NAME chrome exe TRAP FRAME fffffa b e -- trap xfffffa b e NOTE The trap frame does not contain all registers Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect rax fffffa bf rbx rcx rdx fffffa c rsi rdi rip fffff eb f rsp fffffa b rbp r r fffffffffffff r r r r r r iopl nv up ei ng nz na pe cy nt MiRemoveAnyPage x fffff eb f c or qword ptr rax h r ds bfa Resetting default scope LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff ea ee to fffff ea STACK TEXT fffffa b fffff ea ee a fffffa bfa nt KeBugCheckEx fffffa b a fffff ea cb fffffa nt KiBugCheckDispatch x e fffffa b e fffff eb f fffff nt KiPageFault x b fffffa b fffff ebdefb fffffa fffffa fffffa e nt MiRemoveAnyPage x fffffa b d fffff ec b b nt MiResolveDemandZeroFault x b fffffa b fffff ebefd fffff da fffff da fffffa nt MiResolveProtoPteFault x fffffa b e fffff ebc dd b fffffa fffffa nt MiDispatchFau... Read more

A:Repeated BSODs and Crashes

You posted only one crash report, which makes almost impossible to make any diagnosis. In any case, it indicates "memory_corruption".Download BlueScreenViewNo installation required.Double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/288675/repeated-bsods-and-crashes/
Relevancy 58.91%

I keep getting irregular bsods One is in Photoshop CS which was the last before I generated the Windows NT BSOD jcgriff report Only happens with certain adjustments such as bsods variable repeated image adjust exposure Sometimes only hangs PS repeated variable bsods others bsod May also happen seemingly randomly like double clicking control panel shortcut to open or browsing in firefox Have also had hangs bsod browsing adobe bridge and Bibble Pro Other seemingly random and nothing under any heavy utilization Video card tech rep suggested I try uninstall of intellipoint since I though PS issue might be due to video card This fixed some display quirks but did not cure the BSODs I have run sfc scannow already nothing found Note the perfmon reprt procedure didn't work message nothing found but I generated the same report from Control Panel All Control Panel Items Performance Information and Tools Advanced Tools generate a system health report and saved it Also note that right click send to did not offer the compressed zio option so I used freeware -zip instead Is Windows - x -bit or x - the original installed OS on the system yes note I originally installed as a multiboot with rtm xp and rc on different drives xp and rc since removed and partitions reformatted I had to run quot repair my computer quot from install disk to restore mbr after removing xp but did not reinstall - an OEM or full retail version retail - What is the age of system hardware mb cpu dram and system drive months video card months one optical drive about one month data hds and another optical drive various up to two years What is the age of OS installation have you re-installed the OS one year System drive contents transferred to new hard drive using western digital utility with no reported hitches I changed mb and cpu two months ago but that did not require any type of reinstall only re-validation Various hw drivers installed with new hardware The mbr repair was several months ago before the issue started

A:repeated variable bsods

Hello,

I would also suspect a graphics problem. Do you have another video card you can try? Perhaps you could purchase one from a store that would allow you to return it if you don't need it. You can also check with a friend to see if s/he will lend you one.

You can also try running Furmark: Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Finally, try running Prime95. Run both the Blend and Small FFTs tests.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...t-prime95.html

...Summary of the dumps:

Code:

Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Debug session time: Thu Dec 16 12:32:47.222 2010 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 4:55:03.126
Probably caused by : hardware
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_AuthenticAMD
PROCESS_NAME: AvastSvc.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_CACHE

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/131669-repeated-variable-bsods.html
Relevancy 58.91%

First time posting on this forum, so please bear with me.

I've had 4 BSODs since 06/06/15 including 3 in the last 3 days due to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. I don't see any particular pattern between when these occur except for that the last 2 times it happened about 5-10 minutes after my laptop is brought out of hibernation/ booted up from off; but it doesn't happen every time. Also, its happened at least twice when watching Sky Go through a HDMI cable connected to my TV.

My system's information collected using the DM Log collector Tool is attached to this post.

Any help would be much appreciated, and if any more details are required please let me know.

A:Repeated DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSODs

Hi ng2 & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

Unfortunately, the ZIP file attached by you is empty and hence does not contain any minidump files for us to analyze . Could you please re-run the utility and upload the ZIP file again (Please make sure that it is not empty).

-Pranav

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/67397-repeated-driver_power_state_failure-bsods.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello community Seeing how nicely people unversed in technical matters are and different - BSODs Repeated actions freezing being treated on this forum has encouraged me in seeking help here For I m a retiree and calling me low-brow in technical issues would be the understatement of the year The trouble began with the computer Repeated BSODs and freezing - different actions freezing I d to pull the plug to shut it down Two days later the same And then the blue screens started This is what I did before before I came to the forum activating lt Driver Verifier gt installing BlueScreenView and using lt windbg gt to have a look at the dump files to no avail of course J After the third lt btnetBus sys gt ocurrence I disposed of a bluetooth software called Blue Soleil I replaced Avira with MSE And I deinstalled a software called lt Downloadhelper gt which I used when crashing once again I m gratuful for any advice It would even be helpful to know whether this is a hardware or a software problem

A:Repeated BSODs and freezing - different actions

Welcome aboard.

Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/269952-repeated-bsods-freezing-different-actions.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Using WhoCrashed.

Determined BSODs coming from ntoskrnl.exe.

Crashing about once a week, generally at night.

Have run extensive memory tests (MemTest and Windows) with no errors.

Have updated all possible drivers.

Uploading files here in hopes someone can help identify.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated as I can not afford any additional hair loss.

A:NTOSKRNL.EXE - Repeated BSODs - Could use some assistance

I am a big fan of Nir Sofer's work, BUT blueScreenView more often than not, doesn't point out the correct causes. Similarly Who crashed is even worse.

I prefer to use WinDbg (the Windows Debugging Tools) to read the memory dumps. It is the Gold standard for those of us that do this and often will give us the answer by itself. (we don't need the full jcgriff2 report each time).

Your 3 crashes were caused by memory corruption. Probably because of your 2005 asacpi.sys file. It is a huge cause of crashes. In any case we cant investigate the underlying cause until it is updated.

Asacpi.sys

The pre 2009 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.

Quote:
Please visit this link: Asus tek computer inc. -support- drivers and download p7p55d le

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS P5K-VM

Scroll down to the utilities category, then scroll down to the "atk0110 driver for windowsxp/vista/windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).

Download and install it.

Go to c:\windows\system32\drivers to check and make sure that the asacpi.sys file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (not before).

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/229047-ntoskrnl-exe-repeated-bsods-could-use-some-assistance.html
Relevancy 58.48%

After installing Windows updates I got an onscreen message that an update was available for Adobe Air Was not familiar with this program so checked it out it BSODs updating Air Adobe after Repeated seemed valid so I installed the update Shortly thereafter I got a BSOD Restarted the computer in safe mode tried to uninstall Adobe Air using Control Panel Programs amp Features Repeated BSODs after updating Adobe Air got an error message to the effect that I could not uninstall without Administrator privilieges which is very strange since I am only user and AM the Administrator My husband suggested just going into the C drive in My Computer and deleting it the old fashioned way which I did Also deleted Air from Recycle Bin so it should be GONE At first it seemed to solve the problem computer started up as normal and I was able to go into other programs However BSOD returned My husband restarted and ran Norton Quick Scan then restarted again computer started up but soon returned to BSOD On one of these forays I noticed something about a corruppted driver but it did not stay on the blue screen long enough to determine what it said Now computer turns on but even Windows open screen does not come up This is a brand new Lenovo X Carbon A one without actual FN keys -- these are the adaptive type so not really sure that clicking on repeated F is leading to Safe Mode in any case computer appears to turn itself off after a couple of minutes Now I really don't know what to do -- I would suspect a defect in the computer but it seemed to be working fine prior to update of Adobe Air Right now I'd be satisfied just to be able to get into Safe Mode Any ideas

A:Repeated BSODs after updating Adobe Air

Hi

As the issue started after a Windows update and an Adobe AIR update, i would recommend restoring the system to a date prior to this happened. 

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/700-system-restore.html

Let us know whether it helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/534703/repeated-bsods-after-updating-adobe-air/
Relevancy 58.48%

Well, my pc BSOD's basically whenever I touch it or move it at all, and sometimes, often times, I'll just come home to a bsod. And often, I will have to boot the pc up 11 or 12 times before it will actually boot up and quit crashing in the middle. Also, I know when my pc is going to crash sometimes, because sometimes it literally chirps. Little chirps at around 1.5 second intervals, then it crashes.

I've included the bsod below... id prefer if my pc did not do that, especially fail to boot so many times. I've ran chkdsk, and its found stuff, but that takes about 20-30 min and i dont want to have to keep doing that. Any advice would be great.

A:bsods, repeated boot crashing...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329284

Read through. It will give you some things to look into.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsods-repeated-boot-crashing.622816/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello New to the Forums here but I've lurked for awhile gleaning valuable information I'm having ALOT of BSODs lately especially when playing online games Diablo and City of Heroes I but mostly 0x03B, - Repeated BSODs varies can play them for awhile but then after a few hours I start having BSODs even after Repeated BSODs - mostly 0x03B, but varies restarting and logging back onto Windows Health report and Dump files are attached My system specs are Win x OEM System is about years old Reinstalled OS and games last month in an attempt to stop blue screens Alienware Area ALX Currently having issues installing Net Always crashes during installation I am running MS Security Essentials I have a hardware firewall part of my router so Windows firewall is disabled I've run Memtestx continuously for successful runs no errors I've run SFC scannow with no errors reported I've downloaded DriverHive and updated all drivers I've downloaded and installed Core Temp and attached the file of temps logged while playing the games and other tasks all core temps were below C I am about to toss my computer out the window Please help

A:Repeated BSODs - mostly 0x03B, but varies

Problem Devices:
Code:
High Definition Audio Device HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10DE&DEV_0040&SUBSYS_14622840&REV_1001\5&1BFCEC87&0&0001 This device is disabled.
High Definition Audio Device HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10DE&DEV_0040&SUBSYS_14622840&REV_1001\5&317CD945&0&0001 This device is disabled.
Were the above intentional? If so, please explain the troubleshooting steps.
Many of your crashes were DirectX/graphics card related. DirectX comes installed with Windows, so this may indicate Windows corruption. It may also be that you have corrupted drivers or a graphics card hardware problem.
If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

Check Windows for corruption. Run SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker up to three times to fix all errors with a restart in between each. Post back if it continues to show errors after a fourth run or if the first run comes back with no integrity violations. Use OPTION THREE of SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker to provide us with the sfcdetails.txt file if errors occur.
Follow the steps for Diagnosing basic problems with DirectX. To re-install your display card drivers as outlined in the DirectX link, use the following steps.
Download the drivers you want for your display card(s)
Click Start Menu
Click Control Panel
Click Uninstall a program
For NVIDIA:Uninstall the NVIDIA Graphics Driver (this should uninstall all NVIDIA software and drivers)
Restart your computer
Make sure NVIDIA 3D Vision Driver, NVIDIA 3D Vision Video Player, NVIDIA HD Audio Driver, and NVIDIA PhysX System Software are not still listed under Uninstall a program through Control Panel
If any remain of the above, uninstall one at a time
If asked to restart after uninstalling any of the above, do so, and continue uninstalling any remaining NVIDIA items until all are removed

Restart your computer after uninstalling drivers for all display cards
Install the driver you selected for the display cards once Windows starts

Remember to try multiple versions of the graphics drivers, download them fresh, and install the freshly downloaded drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/236607-repeated-bsods-mostly-0x03b-but-varies.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi there everyone at techsupport Well Am Gautam from INdia Ok here goes my story I have a ASUS P C Delux motherboard - days back i started to get the usual blue screen of death saying that quot DRIVER IRQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL quot then some memory dump and i have to restart my Repeated card BSODs, fault ? at NIC PC Repeated BSODs, NIC card at fault ? And after booting the dialogue box on the windows screen said quot Windows has encountered a serious error the device quot Asus Repeated BSODs, NIC card at fault ? v Pro seems to be responsible quot etc But then i noticed a very unusual activity with my network card I have a cable connection with a modem installed My Lan card is com Gigabit C on board So at many times i used Repeated BSODs, NIC card at fault ? to get the error quot Network cable unplugged quot even when the modem Lan led kept on The surprising thing was that when i used to get this unplugged error the modem cable LAN led didnt went off which made me think that there is no physical disconnection of the cable with the lan card SO when i used to get this uplugged error i have to disable the lan card and enable it once again which allowed me to surf for around - minutes and then again the error poped up And the important thing is that sometimes while enabling the card my screen used to go blank for a second and another blue screen used o come saying that STOP error PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA Some problematic file pciide sys encountered error i dont exactly know what was there on the screen So i thought that might be my onbard LAN and AGP-PCI i have a pci based asus mb card would be having some IRQ conflict SO i moved my PCI display card to another slot and now my windows system information application says quot IRQ Com Gigabit LOM C OK quot and quot IRQ NVIDIA GeForce MX MX OK quot But nothing helped SO i fianlly disabled my LAN card and intalled the modem using the USB cable After installing the drivers for the modem and doing the necessary settings i have my internet connection up and running without any disconnections or crashes NOW I WANT TO KNOW WHAT EXACTLY HAPPENED IS MY ONBOARD NIC CARD FAULTY IF YES THEN HOW SHOULD I CONFIRM IT SO THAT I CAN SEND MY MOTHERBOARD FOR REPLACEMENT Though i tried enabling the onboard lan card which obviously now shows cable unplugged as i have connected my modem through usb and still the PC doesnt crashes Kindly give me some feedback as i want to know the root cause of this problem as to why i was getting BSOD s and system freezes when my modem was connected to my on board NIC THanks waiting for ur reply Gautam nbsp

A:Repeated BSODs, NIC card at fault ?

welcome to techspot.

NOW I WANT TO KNOW WHAT EXACTLY HAPPENED????? IS MY ONBOARD NIC CARD FAULTY?? IF YES, THEN HOW SHOULD I CONFIRM IT SO THAT I CAN SEND MY MOTHERBOARD FOR REPLACEMENT??Click to expand...

the errors you reported are the result of a hardware problem. run the computer in each of the following configurations until you get a system error or the machine runs flawlessly for a day or two:
-with the onboard NIC on and connected to the modem
-with the onboard NIC on but not connected to anything
-with the onboard NIC disabled in your bios

at a glance, it seems likely that your problems were caused by faulty hardware, but these steps are important for diagnosing the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/repeated-bsods-nic-card-at-fault.24990/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello again Sevenforums help team In my last post in which errors of a similar nature were occuring visible here my computer simply died Since that time I've replaced the power supply and had the motherboard RMA'd I thought it would be the necessary fresh start that I needed to remedy the problems but the BSODs are back and with much greater frequency In fact I'm forced to when repeated practically BSODs Random, anything. doing upload the rar file from my laptop as attempting to open Google Chrome on the plagued computer caused another crash Random, repeated BSODs when doing practically anything. I should note that I'm entirely unsure of what sort of error is causing this as they seem random - sometimes they happen when I'm opening a program other times they just pop out of nowhere One trend I did seem to notice however is that flash plug-ins applications and other programs crash constantly before the computer shuts itself down I've been told it could be the memory sticks that I'm using but after running memtest on the individual sticks for at least passes each I'm not sure As always any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Random, repeated BSODs when doing practically anything.

Being that it was a 650W Corsair PSU (meaning, either the TX650, TX650 V2, HX650, or even the AX650), it was definitely not caused by the PSU unless it was brand new and also defective.

What PSU did you replace it with? Make and model?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/290827-random-repeated-bsods-when-doing-practically-anything.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Well, my pc BSOD's basically whenever I touch it or move it at all, and sometimes, often times, I'll just come home to a bsod. And often, I will have to boot the pc up 11 or 12 times before it will actually boot up and quit crashing in the middle. Also, I know when my pc is going to crash sometimes, because sometimes it literally chirps. Little chirps at around 1.5 second intervals, then it crashes.

I've included the bsod below... id prefer if my pc did not do that, especially fail to boot so many times. I've ran chkdsk, and its found stuff, but that takes about 20-30 min and i dont want to have to keep doing that. Any advice would be great.

A:bsods, repeated boot crashing...

Start troubleshooting this by opening the case and cleaning out all the dust and debris and check all the connecting wires to be solidly plugged in to where thay are

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsods-repeated-boot-crashing.86728/
Relevancy 58.48%

As well as I remember, the first one said that I was trying to use something too old to run on my system. After that things were fine for a few days, then it occurred again for no apparent reason. Repetitions have been occurring more and more frequently during all different sorts of applications, sometimes with no application running ... . The bsod message (which goes by faster than I can read it before restart begins) is different each time . This morning the system crashed again as soon as I brought up Firefox. I restarted in safe mode with networking and it crashed again. I restarted in normal Windows mode and it has stayed up for four hours without any problem. This is the usual scenario. sigh. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Muchas gracias, granny v

A:repeated bsods with rest periods

Welcome to the forum.
Virus Check:Make scans with these tools below:TDSSKiller Rootkit Removal Utility Free Download | Kaspersky Lab US
Online Virus Scanner Eset
Application conflict:Reduce the start-up items. This will help avoid software conflicts:Remove Startup Programs in Windows 7
Clean Startup in Windows 7
System File CheckerThe SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker scans the integrity of all protected Windows 7 system files and replaces incorrect corrupted, changed/modified, or damaged versions with the correct versions if possible. If you have modified your system files as in theming explorer/system files, running sfc /scannow will revert the system files to it's default state.Link to full tutorial: SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Run Disk Check in Windows 7Run this on your Hard Drive(s). This will show you how to run Check Disk or chkdsk in Windows 7 to check a selected hard disk for file system errors and bad sectors on it. With both boxes checked for all HDDs and with Automatically fix file system errors. Post back your logs for the checks after finding them using Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer LogLink to full tutorial: Disk Check
Remove:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\Norton Bootable Recovery Tool Wizard Public:Start Menu\Programs\Norton Bootable Recovery Tool Wizard Public
Start Menu\Programs\Norton Internet Security Public:Start Menu\Programs\Norton Internet Security Public
Microsoft Security Essentials & the Free version of Malwarebytes, update and make full scans separately:Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus software - ESET Knowledgebase
Help protect your PC with Microsoft Security Essentials
Malwarebytes Free

Note
Do not start the trial version of MalwareBytes

Also take a look at: Good & Free System Security Combination
Use Crystal Disk Info to upload a screenshot of your Hard Drives (s).Then test your Hard Drives (s) running a Hard Drive Diag.

Check for heating issues using Speccy or HWmonitorHWMonitor CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting
Speccy - System Information - Free DownloadPlease upload a summary tab using Speccy. Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/308481-repeated-bsods-rest-periods.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I cannot find an answer to this particular sequence of beep codes. All in one is about five months old. After the series of 3 long 4 short beeps occurs five times, the PC boots to the desktop. Any suggestions? The PC is under warranty, but it would be nice if there was a simple fix first.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/3-Long-Beeps-4-Short-higher-pitched-repeated-5-times-then-PC/td-p/5609069
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi everyone,

My PC has been getting a lot of BSOD's lately, and sometimes just plain crashes on startup. I've reformatted several times, and the problem keeps coming back. I thought it might be faulty RAM, so I ran Memtest, which showed that one of my sticks was faulty (I had 3 x 2GB DDR3 RAM). I took 1 stick out, and ran memtest again, and it showed no errors after 10 passes. I reinstalled windows again, and I've still been getting BSODs.

I've attached the files required by the BSOD posting instructions thread.

I'm running:
Windows 7 x64 OEM
Hardware is only about 6 months old.
Running an almost fresh install of windows ATM

A:Repeated BSODs, Dump files included

-BUMP-...any ideas anyone?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/128930-repeated-bsods-dump-files-included.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hey all,

Hoping you can make sense of why after about a year of no problems, I am now getting repeated BSODs while doing a wide variety of high, medium, and low memory tasks on my original-install OEM Win 7 Home Premium x64 Dell XPS 9100.

I suspected graphics drivers since the problems started up after updating my ATI drivers for my HD 5670. I ran all kinds of memory diagnostics and everything seemed OK. I uninstalled the driver and ATI Catalyst Install Manager, rebooted in safe mode, ran Driver Sweeper, ran CCleaner, rebooted, reinstalled an earlier ATI driver version, and everything was okay for about a week then the BSODs started again today.

Thanks in advance!

A:Repeated BSODs while browsing, gaming, etc. on XPS 9100

I should also add I suspected the ATI drivers because some of the BSODs mention atikmpag.sys, and the monitor occasionally distorts/freezes up with no BSOD and the only solution is a hard reset.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/195867-repeated-bsods-while-browsing-gaming-etc-xps-9100-a.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello,
So glad to have found this forum and hope to get some input. My laptop has occasionally failed to start up (BSOD at boot) but eventually restarts correctly (after a hard restart or two) sometimes saying it is running a diagnostic and starting in a previous state. But this morning it BSODed on me a dozen times. I backed up all my data to an external drive and got the SFdebugfiles (attached). Hope you can tell me something about possible causes. Any and all input greatly appreciated!
JuliaB

A:repeated BSODs at boot, then works again fine for a while

Originally Posted by juliab

Hello,
So glad to have found this forum and hope to get some input. My laptop has occasionally failed to start up (BSOD at boot) but eventually restarts correctly (after a hard restart or two) sometimes saying it is running a diagnostic and starting in a previous state. But this morning it BSODed on me a dozen times. I backed up all my data to an external drive and got the SFdebugfiles (attached). Hope you can tell me something about possible causes. Any and all input greatly appreciated!
JuliaB

Hi JuliaB & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

Unfortunately, the SF Diagnostic file which you have attached is empty. Please re run the tool for at least 15 minutes or till the program says FINISHED.

Attach the SF Diagnostic file in your next post .

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/50674-repeated-bsods-boot-then-works-again-fine-while.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I've had repeated BSODs for about a month It stopped for about days but then started up again last night They happen seemingly from fltmgr.sys BSODs ntfs.sys, Repeated and ntoskrnl.exe, at random It will crash when I'm not there when I'm playing games like League of Legends and DOSBox or when I'm watching YouTube videos It also has crashed when a shutdown order was given also at the end or during of my AVG Anti-Virus scans As far as trying to keep windows updated that is hit and miss I cannot Repeated BSODs from ntfs.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, and fltmgr.sys install SP and random updates will fail their installation System Specs Operating System Windows Professional bit Motherboard ASRock K N D Processor AMD Athlon Memory GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Graphics Card MB GeForce GTX Ti EVGA HDD ST DM - BD ATA Device EDIT I re-installed on a new hard-drive on or around October Attached are the dump records from the diagnostic tool provided by your website Solved Edit Upgraded the MoBo RAM and CPU Re-installed windows Professional bit BSODs no windows update errors no issues at all

A:Repeated BSODs from ntfs.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, and fltmgr.sys

Code:
BugCheck 24, {1904fb, fffff88002fbd818, fffff88002fbd080, fffff880010b444e}

Probably caused by : Ntfs.sys ( Ntfs!NtfsTeardownStructures+18e )

Code:
Usual causes: Disk corruption, insufficient physical memory, Device driver, Indexing, Resident antivirus, backup, defrag programs, Disk/Drive failing/failure
Follow these hard-drive diagnostic procedures:Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure
Additional hard-drive tests which can be used:Disk Check
CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World
SeaTools for Windows | Seagate
Post a screenshot of the Crystal Disk Info summary:Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums
Could you upload a .NFO file:

Start > Type: msinfo32 > File, Save

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/267464-repeated-bsods-ntfs-sys-ntoskrnl-exe-fltmgr-sys.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello This problem started happening somewhat recently and at first I suspected it was the result of an old HDD After replacing the Hard drive and performing a clean install of Windows Home Premium the problem persisted I then found out that some of my RAM could be problematic so I removed all the sticks and tested them one by one during the boot process with MemTest only using while BSODs playing most Repeated video games two of them for now Which were deemed at passing The problem still Repeated BSODs while playing most video games persisted and through a little bit of Repeated BSODs while playing most video games research online I heard that it was possible that my motherboard's RealTek audio drivers could be conflicting with the latest Nvidia HD Audio drivers After uninstalling Nvidia's drivers the problem continued to persist Unfortunately I performed another clean install of Windows last night which erased my previous dmp files but I un fortunately got a new error this morning SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED x e Caused by driver usbhub sys Caused by address usbhub sys d f The error rarely seems to occur during any other moments other than while playing videogames oddly enough everything seems fine while playing - I'll be receiving - FPS I'm not sure if it is relevant to the error at hand but I seem to be encountering massive dips in FPS as well where my games that normally run at will drop to - FPS Prior to the x e errors I was receiving BSODs which involved paging files as well Any help regarding this would be much appreciated as I'm pretty much at my wit's end here As requested the SF Diagnostic Tool's copy of all info and dump logs If any further information is needed let me know

A:Repeated BSODs while playing most video games

The BSOD is being caused by your Logitech webcam drivers:

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff880056034c9, fffff88003145818, fffff88003145070}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for lvbflt64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for lvbflt64.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup: memory_corruption
---------
Driver Reference Table - lvbflt64.sys

Please update the driver from here: Support + Downloads

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/284683-repeated-bsods-while-playing-most-video-games.html
Relevancy 57.62%

These cursed bluescreencrashes have suddenly appeared and they are driving me crazy because I m no computer guru and my skills are limited So my computer has started crashing every day even twice a day I've got no idea what lies beneth this diabolic behaviour I've done memory tests which havent provided me with annoying BSODs Repeated a beginner troubling any information I'll attach this dump-file here if someone wiser than Repeated annoying BSODs troubling a beginner me could be helpful and say what the problem might be I just want to know whether to drop my computer from the balcony or is it repairable So attached is the SF file which should give information and following info On Wed GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x C Bugcheck code xD xFFFFF FFC E xD x xFFFFF FFC E Error DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL file path C windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time So I am helpless I'd be thankful if someone wiser expert could give me hints how to fix this problem Thanks in advance Miksu ps this is my first post please advise if it is missing something or so

A:Repeated annoying BSODs troubling a beginner

Hi

Allot of information is missing from your zip, please follow Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions Grab All and upload them to the forum.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/291764-repeated-annoying-bsods-troubling-beginner.html
Relevancy 57.62%

*I have read the BSOD posting guide but cannot get my system to stay on long enough to carry the instructions out.*

I have been having repeated BSODs with the following errors:

Bad_pool_caller
dxgmms1.sys
NTFS.sys
win32k.sys
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I am a complete novice when it comes to updating drivers etc but I have managed to update my motherboard BIOS to the most recent version (with no luck). I am unable to attempt to update my video drivers as I experience a BSOD before I have a chance to access the internet.

I am running a Windows 7 64 bit desktop with a ATI HD4xxx (I forget exactly which) graphics card.

If there is any other information I should post please let me know and I'll do my best to get it.

Thanks in advance.

A:Repeated BSODs with a variety of error codes

I see possible video, HDD and RAM problems listed. Other underlying hardware may be causing problems.

Can your system stay up in SAFEMODE?

Tap the F8 key repeatedly during boot-up. Select Safemode w/ Networking. You can run the BSOD file collection app from there, if possible.

If not, run hardware diagnostics.

Run memtest86+ - http://www.techsupportforum.com/2863029-post5.html

Run HDD diags -
- http://www.carrona.org/hddiag.html
- http://www.techsupportforum.com/2828431-post7.html
- Drive diagnostic utilities compendium - TechSpot OpenBoards

Start with SeaTools for DOS.

Download this ISO - http://www.seagate.com/staticfiles/s...sDOS223ALL.ISO

Burn ISO to CD with ImgBurn --> The Official ImgBurn Website

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/repeated-bsods-with-a-variety-of-error-codes-577615.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Log is attached. BSOD's seem to occur at random times.

Laptop is a MSI GE70 with the GTX 660M

Processor Intel Core i7-3610QM (up to 3.30GHz, 6MB cache, quad-core, 45W)
Memory 8GB DDR3
Integrated Graphics Intel HD 4000
Discrete Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M
Display 17.3in - 1,920x1,080
Battery Lithium Ion, 49 Whr
Weight 3,057g
Wireless Intel Centrino Wireless-N 135 (802.11bgn)
Storage Western Digital 750GB HDD (WD7500BPKT-22PK4T0)
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit

A:Repeated random BSODs on laptop. Errors differ with each.

This is your latest dump:

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8800b9b6a59, fffff880037b6038, fffff880037b5890}

Probably caused by : peauth.sys ( peauth+6aa59 )

---------

7: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e)
This is a very common bugcheck. Usually the exception address pinpoints
the driver/function that caused the problem. Always note this address
as well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address.
Some common problems are exception code 0x80000003. This means a hard
coded breakpoint or assertion was hit, but this system was booted
/NODEBUG. This is not supposed to happen as developers should never have
hardcoded breakpoints in retail code, but ...
If this happens, make sure a debugger gets connected, and the
system is booted /DEBUG. This will let us see why this breakpoint is
happening.
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffffffc0000005, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: fffff8800b9b6a59, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: fffff880037b6038, Exception Record Address
Arg4: fffff880037b5890, Context Record Address

Debugging Details:
------------------
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

FAULTING_IP:
peauth+6aa59
fffff880`0b9b6a59 2bb7488b7c24 sub esi,dword ptr [rdi+247C8B48h]

EXCEPTION_RECORD: fffff880037b6038 -- (.exr 0xfffff880037b6038)
ExceptionAddress: fffff8800b9b6a59 (peauth+0x000000000006aa59)
ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation)
ExceptionFlags: 00000000
NumberParameters: 2
Parameter[0]: 0000000000000000
Parameter[1]: 000000002e4ebb50
Attempt to read from address 000000002e4ebb50

CONTEXT: fffff880037b5890 -- (.cxr 0xfffff880037b5890)
rax=0000000000aba1ca rbx=0000000000000018 rcx=00000000ee3eaa30
rdx=000000003719d84f rsi=09d23008e7ec9a38 rdi=0000000009d23008
rip=fffff8800b9b6a59 rsp=fffff880037b6270 rbp=0000000000000095
r8=00000000aba1ca23 r9=000000008fd43939 r10=00000000ee3eaa30
r11=000000005de11882 r12=fffff880037b63a0 r13=fffff880037b6630
r14=fffffa800c3f11e0 r15=0ffffffffffffff0
iopl=0 ov up ei pl nz na po nc
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00010a06
peauth+0x6aa59:
fffff880`0b9b6a59 2bb7488b7c24 sub esi,dword ptr [rdi+247C8B48h] ds:002b:00000000`2e4ebb50=????????
Resetting default scope

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER1: 0000000000000000

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER2: 000000002e4ebb50

READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800030fa100
GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800030fa1c0
000000002e4ebb50 Nonpaged pool

FOLLOWUP_IP:
peauth+6aa59
fffff880`0b9b6a59 2bb7488b7c24 sub esi,dword ptr [rdi+247C8B48h]

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7E

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff880037b6630 to fffff8800b9b6a59

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`037b6270 fffff880`037b6630 : fffff8... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/271866-repeated-random-bsods-laptop-errors-differ-each.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi everybody Figured it would be worth trying me nuts! Ultimate/SP1 - driving BSODs Repeated Vista this forum have also posted in DELL forums I've got a DELL Vista Ultimate/SP1 - Repeated BSODs driving me nuts! XPS i with Vista some weeks ago and have been plagued with BSODs I have tried numerous things including restoring the factory image My SB X-Fi sounds card has been a headache breaking lost sound in CS S all along and I ended up uninstalling all Creative drivers and software Sound seems to be ok now with the drivers provided by Vista To the problem I get BSODs when the computer is idle Typically this happens if I start a disk clean defrag or just leave the computer after locking it Winkey L When I return I see the startup screen and when logging in Vista tells me it has recovered from a severe error etc This is now driving me nuts and I hope somebody here can help me I have pasted in the error details at the end of the message I have also attached the minidump file s zipped Hope somebody can get some helpful info out of the dminidump files Regards kostrom Knut Ostrom - Oslo Norway XPS i w Vista Ultimate CPU Q MHz - Gb RAM Nvidia Gt x SLI Enabled Creative SB X-Fi Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP F AC BCP BCP A B BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp C Users Knut AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml C Users Knut AppData Local Temp WERB tmp version txt

A:Vista Ultimate/SP1 - Repeated BSODs driving me nuts!

Originally Posted by kostrom

Hi everybody!

Figured it would be worth trying this forum (have also posted in DELL forums). I've got a DELL XPS 630i with Vista some weeks ago and have been plagued with BSODs. I have tried numerous things, including restoring the factory image. My SB X-Fi sounds card has been a headache (breaking/lost sound in CS:S+++) all along and I ended up uninstalling all Creative drivers and software. Sound seems to be ok now with the drivers provided by Vista.

To the problem: I get BSODs when the computer is idle! Typically this happens if I start a disk clean, defrag or just leave the computer after locking it (Winkey+L). When I return I see the startup screen and when logging in Vista tells me it has recovered from a severe error etc. This is now driving me nuts and I hope somebody here can help me! I have pasted in the error details at the end of the message. I have also attached the minidump file(s) zipped. Hope somebody can get some helpful info out of the dminidump files!

Regards,
kostrom
Knut Ostrom - Oslo, Norway

XPS 630i w/Vista Ultimate 32
CPU Q6850 @ 3.00 MHz - 4 Gb RAM
Nvidia 8800 Gt x2 SLI Enabled
Creative SB X-Fi

<snipped for clarity>

The Stop 0x50 message indicates that requested data was not in memory. The system generates an exception error when using a reference to an invalid system memory address. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause Stop 0x50 messages.

If you added new hardware recently, remove and replace the hardware to determine if it is causing or contributing to the problem. Run diagnostics software supplied by the hardware manufacturer to determine if the component has failed.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/158607-vista-ultimate-sp1-repeated-bsods-driving-me-nuts.html
Relevancy 57.19%

My computer has been crashing to BSOD repeatedly over the last three days. We had a power outage on Sunday while I was out. Could that have set it off? I must not have had the Dump files settings right because they were not being created until today after I checked the setting again.

Attached is the Dump files. Let me know if I missed anything. Thanks in advance.

Michael Mayer

A:Repeated BSODs over last three days-Power Outage resposible?

Hello mjaymay.

Apparently the latest crash dump is not saying about the reason of the BSOD precisely. So checked your earlier BSOD (two months earlier) which was caused by the network driver. Then matched the drivers date in the latest crash dump, got the result that your network driver is extremely old.

Code:
fffff880`03a00000 fffff880`03a85000 Rt64win7 (deferred)
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\Rt64win7.sys
Image name: Rt64win7.sys
Timestamp: Fri Jun 10 12:03:15 2011 (4DF1BAAB)
CheckSum: 0008B67F
ImageSize: 00085000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Update it from Realtek

Let us know the results. Will take the further measures depending on the situation.

Also make it sure that your Crucial M4-CT128M4SSD2 SSD is running the the latest firmware.
http://www.crucial.com/support/firmware.aspx

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/293618-repeated-bsods-over-last-three-days-power-outage-resposible.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello Friends I am currently experiencing issues with my computer that has windows installed Recently it has been randomly freezing forcing me to restart it or blue screening When the computer reboots it falls into a repeat cycle of Blue screening into rebooting until the trouble shooting Cycles into Random BSOD Reboots Repeated as PC Computer freezes/BSODs menu is reached I have attempted to do a system restore but the process failed The details of the failure were quot System restore failed to extract the original copy of the directory from the restore point Source ProgramFiles WindowsApps Destenation AppxStaging System Restore ran out of disk space while restoring your files quot After a while of continually restarting my computer it occasionally gets to the log in screen and will either blue screen again or run normally depending on whether or not i'm lucky The attached dump is from yesterday I've had a couple more blue screens since I would appreciate any help Just let me know if you need any more information Thanks YELLYPHISH-Mon zip Random Computer freezes/BSODs into Repeated BSOD Cycles as PC Reboots

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/53263-random-computer-freezes-bsods-into-repeated-bsod-cycles-pc-reboots.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Repeated BSODs, layman's view shows ntoskrnl,exe in most dump files

A:Custom Comp for Microsoft Flight Simulator 10 Repeated BSODs ntoskrnl

Welcome to the forum,

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\GIGABYTE Public:Start Menu\Programs\GIGABYTE Public
Start Menu\Programs\GIGABYTE\AutoGreen Public:Start Menu\Programs\GIGABYTE\AutoGreen Public
Start Menu\Programs\GIGABYTE\ET6 Public:Start Menu\Programs\GIGABYTE\ET6 Public
Gigabyte EasySaver (and EasyTune6 if installed) will cause BSOD's on some Windows 7 systems. Please uninstall it.

Drivers:

Code:
RTCore64.sys Tue Sep 6 18:24:50 2011
RivaTuner/EVGA Precision/MSI Afterburner (known BSOD issues w/Win7)

Code:
AppleCharger.sys Wed Nov 2 08:46:00 2011 (4EB0AEE8)
GIGABYTE On/Off Charge driver. See here for details - GIGABYTE ON/OFF Charge [br] May cause BSOD on Win7/8 systems - uninstall to test.

Information
and install Revo Uninstaller.Opt for "Advanced Mode" and uninstall the software (also delete the leftover registry entries).

Follow these-

Quote: Originally Posted by Arc

Get rid of intel rapid storage. Right click on "my computer" icon and click "manage" on the context menu.
It will open the "computer management" window.
Select "Device Manager" in the left pane, It will list all the existing devices up.
Expand "Disc Drives" by clicking on the triangle in front of it.
Select one item under it, right click, uninstall.
Continue the process for all items under "Disc Drives"
Now restart the computer. At restart, windows will auto configure the appropriate system driver, msahci.sys.

Quote: Originally Posted by Arc

Lately we have experienced some issues with the latest driver. Install the 314.22 WHQL only. Uninstall All nvidia items in Control Panel > Programs and features3D Vision Control Driver
3D Vision Driver
Graphics Driver
HD Audio Driver
PhysX
nvidia Update
(Are you using nvidia chipset drivers? If so, dont uninstall anything other than those are listed).
Now follow Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling
Boot normally now. Go to Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers, Download 314.22 WHQL. While installing, Select Custom (Advanced) install. In the next page, follow this settings:
Let us know the results.

------------------------
Reduce the start-up items, Antivirus software is basically whats required. Remove Startup Programs in Windows 7
Clean Startup in Windows 7
------------------------
Run the System File Checker that scans the of all protected Windows 7 system files and replaces incorrect corrupted, changed/modified, or damaged versions with the correct versions if possible: Click on the
Type CMD on Search
Left click and Run as Administrator
Type SFC /scannow - read here
Run Disk Check on your Hard Drive for file system errors and bad sectors on it - read here
------------------------
Upload a screenshot using: CrystalDiskInfo For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here
Test your Hard Drive(s) by running: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure
------------------------
Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+: RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Tip
Pay close attention to Part 3 of the tutorial "If you have errors"
Test the RAM with Memtest86+ for at least 7-10 passes. It may take up to 22 passes to find problems. Make sure to run it once after the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then also run it again when the system has been off for a few hours and is cold.

------------------------
Make scans with these tools - TDSSKiller Rootkit Removal Utility Free Download | Kaspersky Lab US
Online Virus Scanner Eset
Let us know the results.

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:
Built by: 7601.18229.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130801-1533
Debug session time: Sat Sep 14 00:02:14.772 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:06:01.942
BugCheck A, {100, 2, 0, fffff8000309a6a2}
Probably... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/304854-custom-comp-microsoft-flight-simulator-10-repeated-bsods-ntoskrnl.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi everyone I'm running Windows on an HP laptop with automatic Windows updates enabled But I'm puzzled For the past few days each and every computer session has apparently done one automatic Windows update when I have powered the computer down I'm starting to wonder whether it is attempting to do the same update each time but failing for some reason No message is given when the update is being done - it just shows the usual quot do not switch off quot message while the update is in progress following by the usual quot shutting down quot message Aside from this the computer is functioning perfectly normally So maybe I'm worrying over nothing but I'd like to know for sure Have Microsoft been issuing a whole stream of Windows updates on a drip-feed basis during the past few days If not can anyone suggest why my computer seems to be in some kind of a loop with this update and is there anything I can do to resolve it

A:Repeated Windows updates - is this a problem?

There have been quite a few updates recently, at least for me (German Windows edition).
But I've set the updates to manual, so I can always check what type of update it is.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/127158-repeated-windows-updates-problem.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi Tech Guys,

I am getting repeatedly "Limited and No Connectivity Problem". OS is Windows 7. I suspect no problem with networking because other devices working good(without any problem) through same internet connection.

When I try to access my Facebook account I get connectivity problem. I have to reconnect to internet in order to get access. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/repeated-limited-connectivity-problem-in-windows-7.1077775/
Relevancy 53.32%

PC Specs AMD Sempron mb DDR RAM GB RPM HDD Biostar K MB Radeon X mb AGP graphics card and a Windows XP OS About a month ago my computer started making a clicking noise now and then and would stutter a bit while I was playing my games The click sounded like the big click while turning the computer on and off I thought nothing of it but a couple of weeks later my windows became corrupted it would only go to the black screen giving you five options to start windows and then would windows to problem leads corruption Hardware of that repeated restart I reformatted and Hardware problem that leads to repeated corruption of windows it worked fine but the clicking remained Then while playing a different game a couple of weeks later I got a click during a loading screen and the computer froze up forcing me to reboot The computer would freeze at the Hardware problem that leads to repeated corruption of windows same point in the load screen every time so I tried minimizing at that point It finished the load screen and I got into the game but at the Hardware problem that leads to repeated corruption of windows next load screen later on the problem happened again I uninstalled the game and everything was working fine again but a week later while playing a different game that normally offers no problems at all I encountered the same problem at a load screen in the game After reinstalling my video drivers the problem remained It locked up and I had to restart the computer After restarting I got the black screen with the options for starting the computer but each selection simply restarted the computer So now I m back to sqare one with a corrupted windows I dont want to do anything more until I know for sure the problem but the clicking and the fact that a full reformat didn t help suggests that this is a hardware problem Any ideas would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Hardware problem that leads to repeated corruption of windows

It sounds like a messed up HD. See if you remove the cover from the macine, if you can hear it clicking (assuming you can get winblows to start). If you can't, remove the hard drive from the machine, and then reconnect the cables for it, making sure it is insulated from anything metal on it's electronics board, and then see if you can hear it clicking.

Ususlly, when they go like this, it is either the logic board on the HD, or the workings inside.

Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hardware-problem-that-leads-to-repeated-corruption-of-windows.481557/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi everyone BSODs Many for a time long different there I ve been visiting this very interesting site for a long time now as a guest and I finally decided to register to discuss my problem to see if someone could help me My problems Many different BSODs for a long time start from last July It was then when my graphic card went off and I had to replace it It was in the guarantee so I took it to the shop where I bought it to replace it But I immediately thought that was a good chance to make a general upgrade To make it short when I took my computer back from the service after a while some hours I saw the first bsod in my life Since then I have experienced dosens of them I took it back several times I changed and rechanged all the stuff mobo graphic card times and hard disc except from the memories that I was told they were tested and worked fine and the pcu The last time I took it back was days ago The first day worked just fine The second day when it booted after a while it appeared this bsod STOP X E etc etc AND win k sys-AdressBF BCFD base at BF Datestamp f a The third same as the second after the boot it appeared this bsod PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA AND STOP etc etc The last BSOD was presented in the past at least one more time At this point I m really frustated I ve done several formats since from July when I first have had the first bsod but the problem still remains I would appreciate any help My pc characteristics are P Q DELUXE CPU GHZ BRAM CORSAIR HZ VGA GT ASUS GB PSU CORSAIR WATT TV CARD AVERMEDIA HARD DISCS X TB SEAGATE X GB WD amp X GB SEAGATE MOUSE CYBER SNYPA STINGER KEYBOARD Microsoft Comfort Curve Greek ROUTER THOMSON TG My operation system is windows xp pro sp and is installed in one of the partitions of the WD hard disc If I forget sth I ll post it later nbsp

A:Many different BSODs for a long time

I forgot to ask if anyone knows.Becoming an ''expert'' os BSOD I wonder why after some of them the pc reboots instantly,in some other cases it freezes and doesn't reboot itself (the first BSOD in my case) and in some others there's a counting till 60 something if I remember well and then automatically reboots the pc...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/many-different-bsods-for-a-long-time.145393/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I d like to see if somebody have any idea of what s happening to my sistem a Medion M Composer with Mobo MSI Ms- socket P HT DDR-SDRAM It has been working flawless for about a year two days ago I go system Boot, long doesn't repeated shuts beep. off System boot it and the WinXP splash sceen got frozen I powered off the PC and powered on again Single long beep that system doesn't Boot, long repeated beep. System shuts off repeats regurarly and no video no boot I tried to reset the CMOS by removing the battery When I powered the PC back on it shut off system doesn't Boot, long repeated beep. System shuts off immediately and by itself re-powered on after - seconds doing the same long beep no boot no video I tried all kinds removed all devices tried one by one the RAMs installed another CPU etc all with no success I tried anothe MoBo but didn t finish booting it shut off by itself after a couple of BIOS screens maybe this motherboard is not fully compatible with the system or faulty PSU Unfortunately when I put the orignal MSI MoBo and put power I didn t got any self-suts off but I smelled what I shouldn t have smelled ANY HELP CLUE THANKS nbsp

A:system doesn't Boot, long repeated beep. System shuts off

Do you see your beep error http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-doesnt-boot-long-repeated-beep-system-shuts-off.56031/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey I just recently build a new computer and I am having some problems with it I ve searched around the forum and found that many of Need New beeps. help. Long BSODs, Computer, you can identify a problem by reading minidump files so I have attached a few Any help is appreciated especially if anyone can read these dmp files which I can t figure out how to read So first my specs nothing is overclocked yet Motherboard ASUS P New Computer, BSODs, Long beeps. Need help. N-E SLI Processor Intel Q Quadcore Memory Crucial Ballistix gb ddr Hard Drive Seagate gb mb cache Optical drive Asus x DVD - R Graphics eVGA GT mb OS Windows Vista Home Premium bit Problem I have been having a few problems with this computer One of them being a long beep after I hit the power button I read that this is a sign of bad RAM so I downloaded memtest and memtest I have been getting lots of BSODs lately Mainly when I am playing COD but also at random times when I m on firefox BSODs IRQL NOT EQUAL OR LESS MEMORY MANAGEMENT PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA I have also got a CMOS Checksum error when booting up What I have done I have ran tests in memtest memtest and Windows Memory Diagnostic I have reseated EVERYTHING I have tried memory voltages ranging from - v I have tried both sticks alone in all sockets I have tried the timings at - - - what they came at I have tried setting the timings to - - - what it says on newegg I have reinstalled windows several times I have made sure to get the proper graphics drivers from guru d com I have stress tested with Prime I have ran SuperPi multiple times I have cleared CMOS I have ran chkdsk Results of tests This is what is really confusing me Memtest IMMEDIATELY reports the following on both sticks stick at a time Error Confidence Value Lowest Error Address - mb Highest Error Address ffffffff - mb Bits in Error Mask fffc Bits in Error - total min max avg Max contiguous Errors ECC correctable errors Errors per Memory Slot Test Errors I thought it might just be memtest screwing up so I downloaded memtest memtest will go on for hours and make more than passes without error However one night I left it on and when I woke up it reported errors Windows Memory Diagnostic never reports any errors So I am totally confused about my memory one tester reports lots of errors immediately one sometimes reports errors and one never reports errors I ran prime once overnight and when I woke up it reported error I would have attached the stress txt file but I can t find it anywhere so I guess I will never know what that error was SuperPi runs fine I will run it again and post the times if needed Temperatures Temperatures seem to be fine according to speedfan Cpu is around c idle and about under load Gpu is about idle right now and high s under load Hope someone can help Thanks Oh one thing I should add whenever I try to update vista I get the error code D E I ve googled this code and cannot find an answer but find many other people with the same problem What s weird though is sometimes I will restart and before I get to the log in screen I see a configuring updates page for about minutes So maybe I am getting the updates nbsp

A:New Computer, BSODs, Long beeps. Need help.

I scanned over your post. What I see here is the need for you to exchange your ram for something more compatible. And your ram seems to be faulty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-computer-bsods-long-beeps-need-help.95685/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have just had two BSODs in two succesive shutdowns which were taking much longer than usual. I updated flash earlier today and then these occured. I tried to use System restore to solve the problem, but that did not seem to help. Also, since the update of flash it has been crashing very frequently, stopping me from watching youtube or playing music on spotify.

Thanks, Harry

A:BSODs during overly long shutdowns

It looks like the BSODs were caused by your USB audio driver which can be updated from here:

C-Media Electronics, Inc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/278228-bsods-during-overly-long-shutdowns.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I just started having bsods on a brand new harddrive (and 8 gb ram) that replaced a bad one. Recently, the bsods happen randomly after about 15-30 minutes of activity and have changed to just black screens, then restarting the boot process.

Relevancy 52.03%

System Alienware Aurora ALX bought in Liquid Cooling GB Triple Channel MHz DDR - upped this to GB way before problems no issues Dual ATI Radeon HD crossfire GB Sata II Random insane!(long) driving BSODs me GB s RPM MB Cache HDD - added another after trying to fix issues Window Home Premium bit Intel Core i GHz MB Cache Single Drive X CD DVD burner DVD -RW w double layer write capability W PSU Motherboard http www ascendtech us dell-alienware-aurora-motherboard-h m i mbdelh mms aspx Computer has been giving me constant BSODs for months now quot Memory Management quot and quot Bad Pool Header quot are the normal errors along with the rare quot System Service Exception quot and Random BSODs driving me insane!(long) quot Page Fault In Nonpaged Area quot And windows quot Action Center quot gives me a system maintenance note thing but telling it to run does nothing but turn into a disk volume error note I ve tried virus spyware checks mem tests drive tests and everything else I could think of even chkdsk r f and sfc scannow and a few total reformats None of which found any issues or solved any problems Yes I clean the dust out of it regularly don t let the fans spin wild and check connections wires when I m done Completely random with the errors Doesn t matter if it s sitting idle watching videos playing a game or just surfing the web or trying to get into dxdiag which it wouldn t even do for a while Cannot force a duplicate error running any specific thing Speaking of games It ll run WoW CoD and others no problem but the new Tera game It completely shuts down not even minutes in Watched heat gauges and all temps were steady Laptop with same specs runs it fine shrugs Friends said it might be my HD so I bought a new one Installed it bare only basic installs windows updates etc same issues BSODs completely bare out of the box it did this Random BSODs driving me insane!(long) too Put the old one back in with the new since that wasn t the problem Then was told since that didn t work it was probably my motherboard and in that case it was shop time I know nothing when it comes to MBs gt lt Took it to a shop guy had it just over a week and couldn t find any problems either He didn t have parts so he could do the whole swapping in and out mess and he wasn t very inclined to get them thinking if he did that might not fix it anyways His guess was that it was the motherboard the video cards themselves or the vid cards being crossfired together he didn t like it o Or that it was quot some intermittent problem that isn t always being picked up quot shrugs He suggested trying another shop better equipped Shop wouldn t even look at it And shop s advice without looking at it was quot Sounds like the motherboard It will cost more than it s worth to fix Best bet is to find someplace to trade it in and buy a new one quot I know everyone is all quot Ewww Alienware quot anymore but seriously This thing never gave me any problems no matter what I tried to run or play before this started I m not ready to give up on it yet Sorry this is a book and probably full of irrelevant dribble but trying not to forget anything and I want to know wtf is wrong with this thing Since I can t get any shops in my area to even LOOK at it correctly I m hoping to get some answers here and any other forum I can find What does anyone here think the issues is if Not the MB And what can I do to fix it If it is the MB best bet anyways what motherboard can I get that is not from ebay amazon some other shady shop refurbished used open box and that will be compatible with all my hardware I would want one that is equal to or better than the stock in it now Again sorry but I m a total noob when it comes to pc guts And no there is no dump files even if there was I wouldn t know what to do with them Knew I d forget something Sometimes when it restarts after a BSOD it loads to a black screen saying no bootable device insert boot disc and press any key To get it to stop and boot to windows... Read more

A:Random BSODs driving me insane!(long)

It's too bad you can't find a shop that will test all the hardware. Anyway, if it were in my shop I'd start with all the basics, HDD test, mem test etc. Sounds like everything has been tested and passed between all the shops and yourself. The next thing to do is to start swaping out or pulling out everything you can and running it as bare as possible, adding one more piece of hardware at a time until it bsods. Then you know whats causing it. Have you tried the program who crashed? Looked at the event logs?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-bsods-driving-me-insane-long.1056369/
Relevancy 50.74%

So here's my unsolvable problem I'm no computer noob but I'm having a huge problem with my computer lately Started early this ear I solved time long reinstall for didn't Random - BSODs OS a started getting random BSODs At first I though it was high temperature issues and it was shutting itself for safety purposes because the BSODs happened when I was gaming But with time it started to get more recurrent and once in a month became once in a week Then once day then came the day that it was impossible to even turn the computer on with that I decided to reinstall the OS windows and did a fresh and clean install The problem seemed to be solved but within a few weeks it started again but became impossible to turn the computer on faster and so I came to google downloaded BlueScreenView did some researches and it all seemed to point to a single issue Drivers Well I decided do reinstall the OS again and only install drivers that where given in the manufacturer website DELL Even ran some hardware stress tests in my computer one that comes in the computer Random BSODs for a long time - reinstall OS didn't solved itself and another from Dell's SupportAssist none showed a single Random BSODs for a long time - reinstall OS didn't solved problem Again the problem started within a few weeks ago But this Random BSODs for a long time - reinstall OS didn't solved time it seemed I could do a quot bypass quot to make it work longer but the problem still goes back after a week The quot bypass quot is to run dism exe and sfc scannow on the CMD After I run those my computer seems to stop crashing but again as I said in a week the BSODs show up again TLDR I don't know what hell is wrong with my pc tried to reinstall multiple times tried to run virus scan update drivers reinstall drivers everything Guess I'm not up to it When my computer start crashing I run dism exe it points corrupted files fixes 'em it comes back normal But again another week and it may or not restart PLEASE HELP DM Log Collector attached I'll be looking here like times a day I use this computer not only for entertainment purposes but also for work Need it to be working fully or else I may compromise my job GUILHERME- zip Additional info At first to Update drivers I used IOBit Software Driver Booster Also I used IOBit SystemCare they both seemed to mess with the system and for safety purposes I no longer used 'em I thought that they were the problem I'm currently using original drivers that came with the PC itself and some that where updated from the manufacturer website DELL Curiously BSODs seems to come back after a full week days Last one was and started back today My Windows is currently up to date

A:Random BSODs for a long time - reinstall OS didn't solved

Hi,

I am extremely sorry that this thread was not attended to. There are not many people in this field.

In case you still require help, kindly respond to this thread and I will be notified via email and you should expect a response from me in 48 hours.

Regards,
Pranav

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/68682-random-bsods-long-time-reinstall-os-didnt-solved.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi guys,
Last week I upgraded my CPU and cooler. I made sure everything was compatible and it was and works great. However, after the first boot, I installed the drivers and new Windows updates and started getting BSODs. The main one seems to be KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE but I have been getting a couple of different ones now and again. I can game for hours and then it can crash suddenly when loading google chrome for example.
I have tried literally everything I can think of and followed various tutorials. I've clean booted Windows 10 twice, ran disk checks, RAM checks, checked CPU temp (which is fine btw) and checked for faulty drivers and more. I'm really stuck now and would greatly appreciate the help!

A:BSODs all week long KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE

"Display Tab 2: There is a problem with AMD Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics device. For more information, search for 'graphics device driver error code 22' "

the error itself translates to ->
This device is turned off.

and here's how to turn it on:

Open Start, enter (or type) Device Manager, and select Device Manager from the list of results.Near the top, select Action > Enable Device, and then follow the instructions.

did you get the dxdiag log AFTER the problem occured? get a new one AFTER a reboot.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/62166-bsods-all-week-long-kernel-security-check-failure.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello I've encountered a problem regarding my login I have a Lenovo e with preinstalled windows pro x and I've fiddled a little with my new tv connecting the laptop to it with a hdmi cable fiddling basically means using it I was going to say that my two users do not show up in the welcome screen anymore but while writing this article they did show up after except that it took minutes for them to appear However after entering my password windows takes very long to actually log in more than a minute Meanwhile I've deleted the homeuser user because I had thought that it could represent a problem of some kind - too login windows problem takes long I know what it stands for roughly It would probably be important to say that I have two video cards an ati radeon hd and an intel hd and that after I eventually logged in and changed my card to intel hd the TV screen showed up only and I had to change it the monitors to 'duplicate' After restarting the users showed up faster but now Windows still takes ages to log in I'm sorry for not presenting this information in a very structural manner but maybe you can help nonetheless I should also add that after restarting both my tv and my laptop screen showed the same thing and as my windows wouldn't log windows login problem - takes too long in I unplugged the hdmi cable which lead to my laptop screen going blank So this is extremely annoying Any help from anyone willing to read so much Thanks

A:windows login problem - takes too long

Hi, I'm thinking a video driver issue. Here's a link you can take a look at. I'll look around for some other possibilities to solve your issue. Did you check Device Manager for problems?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/221170-windows-login-problem-takes-too-long.html
Relevancy 48.16%

At least I am of the belief it is the length of the URL that is causing the problem. If I'm mistaken about that, please correct me.

This discussion froma few years ago highlights the problem and solution.

Unable to open pics in Windows Photo Gallery on my Vista desktop

That thread is quite old, so I thought I'd better start a new thread.

What I am trying to find out is why this is happening?

I might also add that changing the shortcut's URL to fewer characters does not seem to work. Still have top move the "weird" shortcut out of the folder to get the Windows Photo Gallery to properly work.

So I am not looking for the solution to the problem, but I am wondering if anyone has figured the 'why' of it?

And if my search wasn't done properly and I missed where the 'why' is posted, please excuse me.

Thank you.

A:Windows Photo Gallery and Long URL Problem

You are being really vague. Please explain what is going on.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/302141-windows-photo-gallery-long-url-problem.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I have been having problems with quot long problem Long - Defender? Windows Running Script running script quot interrupting browsing with long wait times and multiple IE stops crashes I finally performed a clean boot as follows msconfig selective startup Long Running Script problem - Windows Defender? uncheck load startup items hide all MS services disable all restart Browser now works fine I am trying to track down the source of the problem Under the Services tab of msconfig there are almost items About half of them are listed as stopped items now show quot date disabled quot as today's date Is it reasonable to assume that one or more of these items is the problem One suspect is Windows Defender Following a prompt from hidden icon Solve PC issues I reinstalled Windows Defender Long Running Script problem - Windows Defender? and browsing instantly slowed Went back to msconfig and unchecked it and problem solved Going through items one at a time or in random combinations seems like an unruly task I am also concerned I may have disabled something important Any thoughts I am running-Windows Pro bit IE McAfee antivirus

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/395608-long-running-script-problem-windows-defender.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi I just finished building my new computer main stats as follows Athlon XP ASUS A V w RAID MB Samsung DDR RAM GeForce Ti Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer D-Link DFE -TX Archtek Smartlink V K Modem GB RPM HDD connected to mobo onboard RAID Aopen X DVD-ROM Lite-on CD-RW Whenever I try to install Windows XP I get two driver warning boxes beacuse the drivers haven t passed Windows logo testing One of the boxes lists the name of my RAID controller drivers and the other is Problem - installing XP Windows BSODs simply blank where the name of the device would be displayed When I click yes Problem installing Windows XP - BSODs to both of these boxes while setup is quot Installing devices quot I get a MEMORY MANAGEMENT BSOD at x A After Problem installing Windows XP - BSODs rebooting when I click yes to both of the boxes again I get a PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA BSOD When I click no to the blank box and yes to my RAID controller I get a BSOD Problem installing Windows XP - BSODs at x E while setup is quot Completing installation quot No text error message is displayed on this BSOD Finally when I click no to both boxes I get an IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL BSOD at x A On other attempts at seemingly random points in the installation I have received BSODs that say quot KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR quot and ones without any text error message at all Suffice it to say I have not had much luck installing Windows XP Pro on my machine When I tried installing a copy of Windows I had laying around however the installation completed in minutes with not a single error The hard drives were made into one huge GB NTFS partition for the Windows XP installation Can anyone offer some assistance in getting my copy of Windows XP Pro successfully installed I also tried updating my BIOS to the latest revision to no avail Thanks Andrew nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,

I'm a computer noob, so let's hope we can figure this out together. I've been getting BSODs regularly now for couple of weeks. Sometimes it works without a problem for longer time, other times I get BS every few hours. It usually happens during standard surfing or during a movie or something. Computer is a HP Elitebook 8530p laptop.

Here is the exact technical information from the BS:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a (0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff800031f5477). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 030710-42962-01.

I've included the dumpfile in the attachments. Let me know if theres any more information I can provide to you.

A:Windows 7 Professional BSODs problem

The memory dump file doesn't point to anything that we can specifically identify as the fault.

I would first try this:
Please remove or update these older drivers that were loaded at the time of the crash. Don't use Windows Update or the Update drivers function of Device Manager.
Please use the following instructions to locate the most currently available drivers to replace the one's that you uninstall OR remove:

Quote:
How To Find Drivers:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.

- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads

Here's the older drivers. Please pay particular attention to any dated 2007 or earlier:

Code:
adfs.SYS Thu Jun 26 16:52:37 2008 - Adobe File System Driver - http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#adfs.SYS
agrsm64.sys Mon Nov 10 10:01:35 2008 - Agere Systems Soft Modem - http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#agrsm64.sys
sncduvc.SYS Wed May 09 03:17:09 2007 - HP/Suyin Webcam driver - http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#sncduvc.SYS
snp2uvc.sys Wed Oct 08 02:14:20 2008 - USB2.0 PC Camera driver (?HP) - http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#snp2uvc.sys
SynTP.sys Thu Mar 27 21:15:32 2008 - Synaptic Touch Pad Driver - http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#SynTP.sys
Then I would suggest running Driver Verifier using the following settings:

Quote:
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

So, I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page, then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.
If that doesn't work, post back and we'll have to see about fixing the registry entry off-line... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/69156-windows-7-professional-bsods-problem.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Wife s computer showed error message The following file is missing or corrupt lt Windows root gt system hal dll I tried to copy it from the Dell quot Windows quot CD using with hal.dll problem started Windows... file story, long start Cannot the Recovery Console but that disk only has a file called hal dl which did not work I renamed it hal dll but no luck I then followed the advice from this site http xphelpandsupport mvps org ho sing or cor htm Cannot start Windows... long story, started with hal.dll file problem but it did not change anything I could see I did a repair install and now I have a black screen with a cursor that responds to the mouse However clicking in the area where start is and on the quick launch area does not elicit any hard drive activity I was counseled to go to recovery console and type fixmbr but I am a bit scared about the warning quot FIXMBR may damage your partition tables if you proceed quot that I get when type fixmbr at the recovery console I just do not want to compound my current problems Are there any potentially safer ways Cannot start Windows... long story, started with hal.dll file problem to try to repair this thing Thanks in advance Jorge nbsp

A:Cannot start Windows... long story, started with hal.dll file problem

try to do a 'repair', this will copy over all necessary windows files, but keep all your settings and programs. I'm not sure how the Dell Windows CDs are setup, but if you can boot and select a partition to install windows on, you can press "R" for repair (or recovery), this is different that the recovery console. But like I said, I'm not sure about the Dell CDs. You may want to contact Dell about using their disk to do a windows repair without loosing any of your programs (and if you do call Dell, I hope you like long hold times). Unfortunately I couldn't goto that website, the link is wrong, so I can't see what they may have told you. Sorry.

Good Luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-start-windows-long-story-started-with-hal-dll-file-problem.412203/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi Guys- could anyone help me with a repeated problem Here is my Hijackthis Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe Repeated With Help Problem C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx Help With Repeated Problem exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system Help With Repeated Problem ctfmon exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www techguy org R - HKLM Software Microsoft Help With Repeated Problem Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook no name - B B - - d -B D- EBB BA F A - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO AskBar BHO - f d - - d - c -aa e ed - C Program Files AskBarDis bar bin askBar dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO MSN Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - C Program Files MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll file missing O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - E A DC - - A - EA-DC EC ACF - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O - BHO EpsonToolBandKicker Class - E FB- DD- F -B AC-B CAE F A - C Program Files EPSON EPSON Web-To-Page EPSON Web-To-Page dll O - Toolbar EPSON Web-To-Page - EE D F- B- - D-C B AAEBA D - C Program Files EPSON EPSON Web-To-Page EPSON Web-To-Page dll O - Toolbar Wanadoo - B D- FD- -B C- A F EE - C PROGRA Wanadoo WSBar WSBar dll O - Toolbar no name - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - Toolbar Orange Toolbar - E B F E-CA E- D -BDA - EEC ED B - C Program Files Orange Toolbar UK ToolbarContainer dll O - Toolbar MSN Toolbar - E ED C- CB - d -B E -AB C C - C Program Files MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - Toolbar no name - d d b-f dc- a-a ce- e d c - no file O - Toolbar amp Windows Live Toolbar - FA EF- D- D - B F- A D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O - Toolbar Ask Toolbar - d e-fd b- e -b - d b f - C Program Files AskBarDis bar bin askBar dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus Photo R Series C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATI XE EXE P quot EPSON Stylus Photo R Series quot O quot USB quot M quot Stylus Photo R quot O - HKLM Run InCD C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKLM Run SPAMfighter Agent quot C Program Files SPAMfighter SFAgent exe quot update delay O - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus Photo R Series C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIAHE EXE P quot EPSON Stylus... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-repeated-problem.886424/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello, i have been getting BSOD repeatedly and it's always when i play video games. My laptop has been running fine for over 3 years and it just started to randomly occur. I do have my graphics card underclocked because it started to overheat years ago, but it has always ran fine. The BSOD has persisted for the last three weeks. I tried doing a factory reset yesterday to see if it would help, but I still got a BSOD today. My laptop is a Dell XPS L502x with windows 7 64-bit. I have the dump file from when the blue screen occurs. Any help would be greatly appreciated, let me know if you need anymore information.

Dump File : http://www.filedropper.com/120714-40575-01

Thanks

A:Repeated BSOD Problem

Hi, minidump scan file.
Probably caused by : nvkflt.sys
http://www.systemlookup.com/search.php?type=filename&search=nvkflt.sys&s=
Relates to Nvidia graphics drivers
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Scan.aspx?lang=en-us

But where the blue screen error is reported, is not necessarily where it first started and may not be the cause.
Some reasons for blue screens
New hardware - software installed.
Device driver - Video driver - corrupted - faulty.
Faulty Ram - Overheating - Dying hard drive etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/repeated-bsod-problem.1138841/
Relevancy 45.15%

This has been tearing at me for a while While searching for how to fix it I came across this site Therefore I'd like to ask for help A while ago my Vista suddenly began freezing Whenever I start it up it works perfectly fine for a few minutes but then freezes minutes after I start doing something on it Nothing responds - Not the keyboard mouse nor any freezing with Problem repeated of the programs leaving me with no choice but to forcefully shut it down Since then I've tried many things Installing new drivers installing Windows XP and Windows However Vista always freezes XP also freezes but takes longer and Windows freezes during installation On the quot Completing installation quot Problem with repeated freezing step System Recovery didn't help either Therefore I've come to suspect that this is a hardware problem but I hope I'm wrong My computer is an HP Pavilion a f PC with Windows Vista Home Premium bit with Service Pack Windows XP Half of Windows on a separate partition

A:Problem with repeated freezing

it sounds very much like your hard drive might be on the way out, how old is the pc?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problem-with-repeated-freezing-429471.html