Windows Support Forum

blue screen, ckdisk, volume dirty, now black screen

Q: blue screen, ckdisk, volume dirty, now black screen

My screen came up the other day blue and saying it was checking disk and that volume was dirty. now the screen is black. computer acts like it is coming up but just sits there. Is there anything I can do?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: blue screen, ckdisk, volume dirty, now black screen

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: blue screen, ckdisk, volume dirty, now black screen

First, backup your data using a bootable disk (such as a Live Linux or Ultimate Boot CD)
If the scan didn't fix the drive (if the drive is still marked as "dirty") then you'll most likely have to format the drive (and will lose everything if you haven't backed it up).
Then start with these free diagnostics (before formatting the drive):

Quote:

I suggest starting all troubleshooting with the following diagnostic tests. They'll save you a lot of time and heartache if there is a hardware failure, and you'll have the disks on hand in case you need them in the future:

Quote:

H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)
HD Diagnostic (read the details at the link) - Test ALL of the hard drives.
If you find hardware issues, here's a link to the hardware forums: Hardware Support - Tech Support Forum

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: Free Online AntiMalware Resources (read the details at the link)
There are also free, bootable antivirus disks at this link: Free Online AntiMalware Resources - Bootable Disks
If you find malware, here's a link on how to post in the Security Center: NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-screen-ckdisk-volume-dirty-now-black-screen-596098.html
Relevancy 88.15%

A few times now I have been in internet explorer and then the screen with go back and forth from black screen back to internet screen and back and forth between the 2 for a few minutes and then will hit me with a blue screen with a bunch of writing on it and then will restart. It seems to run fine after the computer restarts itself but this has happened a few times now!

A:Screen flips back and forth from black screen to normal then blue screen

Welcome,
Can you provide a few details [remember we can't see or touch your system] about the hardware and software?
Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538659/screen-flips-back-and-forth-from-black-screen-to-normal-then-blue-screen/
Relevancy 82.99%

Windows appears to load normally until reaching the logon screen at which point 2 quick cmd windows flash on the screen and i'm left with a cursor and a plain blue screen.

No access to task manager through ctrl+alt+del.

I was thinking it's a video card problem until i plugged in an external monitor and saw a windows error box pop up saying that the program running requires that you not be on battery power.

Pulled the drive and scanned with avast and malwarebytes which found nothing.

Inserted Vista DVD but the repair function is only able to find the HP Restore partition and is unable to locate any backups.

The system runs "mini XP" from Hirens Boot without a problem, but no diagnostics that i ran have been able to find any issues...

Ideas?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/371560/vista-boots-into-blue-screen-w-cursor-black-screen-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello I am trying to fix an HP G - DX Notebook PC Operating to safe From then screen screen and lock blue blink black mode, caps sys Win bit AMD Turion tm II Dual-Core Processor GB GHz I had this laptop since December of and on June of is when I used my notebook PC and was initially of no use I have been working on my laptop on and off since I am not afraid to open the sucker up and get this thing up and running The problem started out with what most ppl call it the quot blue screen of death quot Like most ppl I did ignore the blue screen and did a restart which brought me to the normal Windows screen From blue screen to safe mode, then black screen and caps lock blink and then it would start back up just fine I found this in Device From blue screen to safe mode, then black screen and caps lock blink Manager s Hidden Files Non-Plug and Play Drivers - ehdrv - epfwwfp - Security Processor Loader Driver I am not sure if it has anything to do with what it was the blue screen situation but I tried searching on the net on what it all meant and to see if I was able to fix it but before I was able to do something about it the blue screen kept From blue screen to safe mode, then black screen and caps lock blink popping up and it was getting worse The problem progressed to where on Windows startup it would just stop there blue screen would pop up and of course I had to restart it and do an F key press for Safe Mode I had to work on Safe Mode for a good couple of weeks before I can figure out the problem s I believe I had went into the system and found out it had something to do with some kind of error sigh I did write it down but that was like a month ago and I am unable to locate my notes It s frustrating being careless Any way my notebook PC will not start at all I did remove the battery and left the adapter plugged in to removing the adapter and doing a hard reset no justice The notebook would sound like it is about to start but all you can hear is the fan running and the lights with the caps lock blink sequence of ONCE every - seconds no beeping sound I may have changed something though I went as far as learning how to properly with the static free bracelette unscrewed the laptop apart to see if cleaning the fan would be the cause of it Nothing happened but instead of the caps lock blinking ONCE every - seconds it would blink TWICE every - seconds So I went back and checked if everything was put back together memory stick and such and now when i restart it it would BEEP times and the caps lock would blink THRICE every - seconds And so here I am Please help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/from-blue-screen-to-safe-mode-then-black-screen-and-caps-lock-blink.1104596/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi I am having several problems with my computer wondering if I am infected with something First noticed the computer running slowly Then began freezing all the time Then noticed that when I switch to a new internet page at times I notice a small black screen that will pop-up or flash on the page but only for a second almost like you'd get on a quot run command quot type scrren if that makes sense Also I keep getting a security options failure It seems this only comes after the computer freezes and I try to hit alt control delete to bring up task manager I have tried to run Norton Anti-virus and spybot I've used CCleaner to remove unnecessary files clean The virus software finds in popping Infected? black screen and background, freezing Blue up slow screen, nothing unusual usually some cookies with tracking but no virus Any ideas Infected? Blue screen, black screen popping up in background, freezing and slow Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC hp support hpsysdrv exeC Windows RtHDVCpl exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exeC Windows System wpcumi exeC Windows System rundll exeC Windows System rundll exeC Program Files AWS WeatherBug Weather exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files Common Files microsoft shared Works Shared WkCalRem exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC hp kbd kbd exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Electronic Arts EADM Core exeC Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exeC Windows system sdclt exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC Windows explorer exeC Windows system wuauclt exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp def www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http securityresponse symantec com avcenter fix homepage R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp def www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Hosts localhostO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dllO - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine IPSBHO DLLO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Toolbar no name - EAB C -F EC- b -A BA-D BCAE C - no file O - Toolbar no name - BF - F - - - FE E AA - no file O - Toolbar ... Read more

A:Infected? Blue screen, black screen popping up in background, freezing and slow

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/250782/infected-blue-screen-black-screen-popping-up-in-background-freezing-and-slow/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi thanks startup, death Black at Solved: all blue with began screen screen a of for checking Solved: Black screen of death at startup, all began with a blue screen my question I haven t found an answer to my particular situation Dell xps m laptop w vista It all started with a blue screen w scrolling text after the fated restart The blue screen text said quot if this is the first time you ve seen this message quot and then comp restarted again showing the blue screen then restarted into windows repair mode after repair mode tried to fix Solved: Black screen of death at startup, all began with a blue screen the problem comp restarted then the screen went black blank right after the little windows loading animation where the bar keeps moving from left to right and there s a small windows logo It all happened fast so there may have been steps I forgot but that s the jist of it Now screen always goes black blank during startup after the windows loading animation so I can t start windows in normal mode I can start in safe mode if I manually force shutdown by holding the power button so I m not imploding with fear ok I am Possible causes This occured right after installing vista updates that restart was when I saw the blue screen Also occured the restart after running a patch called quot Vista TCP IP and UAC AutoPatch quot I downloaded it from softpedia the developer was listed as defcon and their website listed was securevista net but the site is down I found this out after the problem occured The patch had lots of positive reviews and lots of people on other sites also suggest using it to remove the limit of tcp connections which windows unnecessarily imposes Removing the limit supposedly increases P P filesharing speeds so it s a common approach to slow utorrent problems etc to patch the tcp sys file I have since quot unpatched quot it using the unpatch file which came with it but I m suspicious of the software developer now The patch originally disabled UAC user account control which is suspicious to me but I m not highly tech savy so I dunno if that s common or not I did also remove mcafee s security center I was busy I guess that was a mistake should always restart after each big change I apologize for the complication this creates in identifying the problem It s possible I did something else before the fatal restart if none of these three could be the culprit then I ll think harder about what that could be but for now these changes stand out in my mind I m assuming that windows repair mode s changes didn t cause this problem but I don t have any factual reason to believe that What could this be What can I do Thank you p s This is the last time I ever install software from a company that doesn t have an active website even if this wasn t the problem s cause nbsp

A:Solved: Black screen of death at startup, all began with a blue screen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-black-screen-of-death-at-startup-all-began-with-a-blue-screen.804669/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello.

Just today, I turned on my computer and got the blue screen of death, so I restarted my PC. Then a black screen came up saying "Windows could not start beacuse the following file is missing or corrupt : \windows\system32\config\system."

You can attempt to repair this file by putting the winxp cd in etc...

Now when i turn on my computer there is just a black screen showing, with nothing at all on it.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks very much for your help.

A:Blue screen of death, boot problems, black screen startup

It's a nasty error that requires some persistance and resourcefullness to overcome without a clean install.

If you have a Windows CD or have the recovery console installed, you might want to have a go at these directions.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;307545

Forum example of a successful recovery here:

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=195985

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death-boot-problems-black-screen-startup.382012/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello and thanks for reading I have a year old HP pavilion dv series laptop running windows Yesterday I turned it on and it started normally but when I tried to browse on Firefox it gave me the blue screen for the first time ever and it shut down Fearing I had a virus I ran it in safe mode blinking Laptop blue cursor crash HP screen screen black with now and started a scan and began HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor transporting my pictures via Dropbox just in case it died on me Sure enough a weird error message couldnt HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor figure out what program made the message pop up popped up saying I had a bunch of urgent viruses I didn t click on it at all and before I couldn t think of what to do the blue screen popped up and it shut down When I tried to restart it the HP splash sign popped up and the screen flickered black and a blinking HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor cursor started in the upper left corner So this is where I stand now Black screen with blinking cursor Set default setting in BIOS didn t work and F safe mode or F system restore does nothing The black screen just stays there Any ideas Is it a gonner I m hoping to get back on and get my pictures if possible Help please nbsp

A:HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor

sounds like a bug -click report and ask to move to malware forum

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-laptop-blue-screen-crash-now-black-screen-with-blinking-cursor.1033666/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello,

My laptop will not boot. I end up with an empty black screen or a blue screen with no icons, just a cursor. I get choices for 'normal startup' or ' repair' but not safe mode. Any help appreciated.

A:Unable to start - black screen or empty blue screen w cursor??

Hello JoLaRo and welcome to Seven Forums.

One of the Forum experts has prepared a couple of tutorials that might help you out.

Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

If you're still having issues after following the tutorials, please post back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/346364-unable-start-black-screen-empty-blue-screen-w-cursor.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi I have a Dell Inspiron and today I suddenly got a blue screen error message the main message said quot PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA quot After rebooting I got the same message Then on the next reboot I couldn't get to the login screen I used my Dell error, 6000 on screen help! screen Inspiron Blue now - black boot, OS Recovery CD that I created to try and repair Windows XP It asked for a place to partition fragment Windows and then it went through copying files etc After that I tried to restart I got the Inspiron 6000 - Blue screen error, now black screen on boot, help! normal Dell Boot screen but then it went to a black screen with only a flashing cursor in the top Inspiron 6000 - Blue screen error, now black screen on boot, help! left hand corner I cannot do the Ctrl Alt F option to recover Windows XP I can only either choose F or F at the initial boot screen Please help I really do not know what to do What is the blue screen error message all about I haven't installed any software or hardware so I do not see what might of caused the problem Help

A:Inspiron 6000 - Blue screen error, now black screen on boot, help!

Do you have another windows xp cd you can get your hands on? I recommend performing a checkdisk repair on your computer and see if that helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/inspiron-6000-blue-screen-error-now-black-screen-on-boot-help-231776.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi all Starting Messages, on Black startup Error with Screen Blue Blank Screen yesterday my computer would go through startup while loading the desktop it would crash to blue screen with white text unfortunately I can t remember the exact error Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup message If restarted it Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup either goes to a blank black screen or back to blue and I could only get the computer to operate in safe mode with networking My antivirus software avast free malwarebytes scanned and found no infections I have Windows Samsung laptop Today I was Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup able to start the computer normally and am functioning with internet still acting a little funny but I am sure something is still not right I also did a system restore last night with the same problems crashing not starting up Any assistance would be highly appreciated Thanks in advance Brit PS I goofily started a similar topic in the quot Windows quot forum section without knowing this section was down here Sorry I tried to delete the topic post but couldn t Thanks

A:Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup

Hello,I will be helping you with your problems. Please be patient while I assist you.Some points for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of us Please do NOT run, install or uninstall any programs, unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability. Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post. Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process. Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.----------------------------------------------Please do the following:Please download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool (TDSSKiller.exe) and save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!!Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe on your desktop to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it. To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to How to change the file extension.Click on change parametersUnder Objects to scan, check the box next to Loaded modulesIf you are asked to reboot, then click Yes.NextCheck the boxes next to Loaded modules, Verify file digital signatures, Detect TDLFS file system, then click OK.Click the Start Scan button.Do not use the computer during the scanIf the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
Note: If Cure is not an option, Skip instead, do NOT choose Delete or Quarantine unless instructed.A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.2.4.0.0_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).Copy and paste the full contents of that file in your next reply.Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automati... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/467144/blue-screen-with-error-messages-blank-black-screen-on-startup/
Relevancy 82.99%

Previously it showed Blue Screen every time I boot my Y460; few seconds after the Window Logo. No matter how many times I reformate, it still showing Blue Screen, indicating STOP 0x00000116 and atikmpag.sys error. Subsequently, I went into the BIOS and changed the settings on the graphics switchable to discrete graphics. However its getting worst now because there is no display (totally black with no background light) every time I on my y460. Hence I need assistance and solutions, thanks.

Relevancy 82.99%

My problem started much like Screen/Blue problem Black previous Screen much Busybee poster, like that of Busybee with files being deleted orphan files being restored and security something or other however after reboot from CD and running Startup Repair the tests all appear to be OK except quot Root Cause Found - Volume on disk is corrupt quot Result Completed successfully Black Screen/Blue Screen problem much like previous poster, Busybee Error Code x At this point the pc goes through the never ending sequence of trying to boot up black screen then blue screen etc Medion MD Multimedia Home Entertainment Design Centre Operating System Windows Vista bit service pack C Gb Black Screen/Blue Screen problem much like previous poster, Busybee HD with D Gb restore using Gb Gb Ram Disk Black Screen/Blue Screen problem much like previous poster, Busybee failure diagnosis test result OK Most recent change made a day or so prior to the crash was retuning digital tv tuner when the changeover from Analog to Digital signal was needed to update channels here in UK The screen shows quot No Signal Analog quot at beginning and end of reboot sequence The black screen suggests this may be a recent hardware or software issue and advises removal of any recent changes but as I cannot get into the system let alone the control panel I am unable to remove or disable anything Would really appreciate being able to at least recover my files and as I am unable to access the operating system either by safe mode safe mode with command prompt or a normal reboot would welcome any advice about how I can achieve this I have a laptop also running Vista bit if that would be of any help in accessing the files Would welcome any advice on offer I am not a computer whizkid but reasonably competent user since Win Thank you for taking the time to consider my problem and I look forward to hearing any thoughts ideas solutions you can provide nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-blue-screen-problem-much-like-previous-poster-busybee.1003191/
Relevancy 82.99%

Previously it showed Blue Screen every time I boot my Y460; few seconds after the Window Logo. No matter how many times I reformate, it still showing Blue Screen, indicating STOP 0x00000116 and atikmpag.sys error. Subsequently, I went into the BIOS and changed the settings on the graphics switchable to discrete graphics. However its getting worst now because there is no display (totally black with no background light) every time I on my y460. Hence I need assistance and solutions, thanks.

A:URGENT LENOVO Y460 previously Blue Screen now Black Screen

closing duplicate, please respond at http://forums.techguy.org/windows-7/1117670-urgent-lenovo-y460-previously-blue.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/urgent-lenovo-y460-previously-blue-screen-now-black-screen.1117669/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello originally my problem is that my internet browsers Internet explorer firefox can not display any kind of pages because of some kind of virus Also I had some kind of fake Microsoft Security Essentials MSE asking me to download more fake AV s onto my computer but I knew well enough that it was fake so I close it This also shows up in safe mode MSE block me from opening things such as iexplorer exe or sometimes it would say tskmanager is a virus and it wouldn t let me open anything So eventually I google this up and I read somewhere that told me to rename hotfix exe to hotfix exe when I run APPDATA so the annoying MSE would stop showing up It also told screen blue screen after KillGodzilla.exe login black Computer using displays me to update my Malwarebyte which I still can not do because I still do not have access to the Computer blue login screen displays black screen after using KillGodzilla.exe internet By Computer blue login screen displays black screen after using KillGodzilla.exe the way I am using another computer to type this So again I tried to do some more research to fix my internet problem and I found this site that told me to download KillGodzilla exe and run it and reboot my computer after that I should update my Malwarebyte but of course I can t do that because after the WINDOWS loading screen the blue log in screen doesn t show and displays a black screen which flickers sometimes after a few minutes it would restart my computer Also same thing for safe mode Does anyone know what is going on Did I screw up my computer to badly Do I need to reset my BIOS I am using Windows XP if that helps I also hav ESET smart security on my computer but I can t even open my computer right now Help is appreciated thanks

A:Computer blue login screen displays black screen after using KillGodzilla.exe

Anyone have any ideas at all? I waited a few days, and gave as much information as possible already, please?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/352162/computer-blue-login-screen-displays-black-screen-after-using-killgodzillaexe/
Relevancy 82.56%

I m having a problem with my Dell Dimension running Windows XP I have an g Maxtor HD as my main drive and a g WD secondary drive When I attempt to boot I get a blue screen with the message A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is he first time you ve seen this Stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again Screen Can't Black Blue (Standard Screen w/cursor Mode), boot then XP Windows Safe or follow these steps Check to be sure you have adequate disk space If a driver is identified in the Stop message disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates Try changing video adapters Check with your Can't boot Windows XP (Standard or Safe Mode), Black Screen w/cursor then Blue Screen hardware vendorm for any BIOS updates Can't boot Windows XP (Standard or Safe Mode), Black Screen w/cursor then Blue Screen Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select Advanced Startup Options and then select Can't boot Windows XP (Standard or Safe Mode), Black Screen w/cursor then Blue Screen Safe Mode Technical Information STOP x E xC xF BB B xF E AO xF E AO FLTMGR SYS - Address F BB B base at F A DateStamp daAs far as the info in the message I see this screen with the same info everytime I rebooted As far as disk space my main drive is g aand I have about g of free space I m not sure if anything in the message refers to drivers Not sure how to change video adapters when I can t get into Windows Standard Mode or Safe Mode Also not sure how to deal with any of the BIOS suggestions or even know if it s a good idea to mess with it Again I cannot even boot to Safe Mode It takes me to the same Blue Screen message I have been able to boot from the CD I get to the Windows Setup screen it loads files It then says it s Starting Windows then takes me to the Windows XP Home Edition Setup It gives me the choices To set up Window XP now press Enter To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console press R To quit Setup without installing Windows XP press F I pressed R and in the Recovery Console it shows C WINDOWSI press as this is the only Windows installation I have It then takes me to the Command Prompt C WINDOWS gt I have run CHKDSK and got this message The volume appears to be in good condition and was not checked Use p if you want to check the volume anyway kb total disk space kb are available bytes in each allocation unit total allocation units on disk allocation units available on disk I have also run CHKDSK r and it found and fixed one or more errors After I exited and tried to reboot from the HD and got the same BSOD with same message I don t know if this is a virus or hardware software problem I do have Malwarebytes Anti-Virus and Norton on the PC but without Windows XP I m not sure how to run them I have also booted from Hirems Boot CD and have run all the hardware tests checked HDs memory video etc I could and have found no problems Any light you could shed on this would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Dave

A:Can't boot Windows XP (Standard or Safe Mode), Black Screen w/cursor then Blue Screen

mod bump

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/385215/cant-boot-windows-xp-standard-or-safe-mode-black-screen-wcursor-then-blue-screen/
Relevancy 82.56%

i am using hp pavillion nbsp g - tx last day i nbsp formatted nbsp my windows win ultimate so i downloaded all the drivers installed it after when i restarted after installing the graphics nbsp driver of AMD the screen nbsp are showed nbsp driver not properly installed after couple driver problem, blue ... display screen black out , screen then of minutes the screen will be black out and will be back in secthen after couple of minutes the screen will be turned blue with some display driver problem, screen black out , then blue screen ... writing nbsp and it will restart and happen the same process seeing this i went to safe mode and uninstalled the AMD graphics nbsp nbsp then restarted it then there was no screen black outs or blue screen but the laptop was working slow as mb ram but i am having gb ram i tried to install intel graphics then the answer was this laptop cant meet the nbsp requirements so i tried to install from internet nbsp site of AMD as well as INTEL but no change was done so i hope there will be a solution for this

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/display-driver-problem-screen-black-out-then-blue-screen/td-p/5780896
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello I'm new here and I so hope someone can help me since I'm not the sharpest computer tool in the shed Screen,Blue Internet Screen,Error..HELP!! Explorer-Black This issue has started happening and I have no clue I have cleared cookies history etc but that hasn't worked Here's Internet Explorer-Black Screen,Blue Screen,Error..HELP!! the deal When I click Internet Explorer Icon of my desk top or go to start programs etc to open Explorer it seems as if it's going to open then the screen goes black for a second then a blue screen comes up and says quot An error has occured ctrl alt delete to restart click any key to continue to windows etc you know the one Well the error is this D FA I can click any key and return to desk top Can someone please help me The only way I'm able to be here is thankfully I have JUNO as my ISP and they have their own browser window Also in checking mail for instance in Hot Mail if I clicked a link in an e-mail to go to a certain page same thing black screen blue screen error etc It would be wonderfull if someone could maybe e-mail me step by step what I might could do xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxx Thanks Carmen

A:Internet Explorer-Black Screen,Blue Screen,Error..HELP!!

Need more info.. Win98, ME. 2000, XP? SP1, SP2? What version of IE you are running? Post the full error message if you can. This would be helpful to an assistor. There is a fatal error somewhere but without this info it isn't likely anyone can help locate a fix.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-explorer-black-screen-blue-screen-error-help-43600.html
Relevancy 82.56%

This can happen at any time for me (including when I was re-installing windows in an attempt to fix the problem... did not go well ) but more often than not happens during web-browsing and especially when watching youtube vids. I'm going to assume it has something to do with my graphics card as the blue screen does not actually come up... instead the screen goes black and then I have to restart the computer. Anyways upon boot up and log in I get a windows message that tells me that windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown ect.. and the numbers are:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: 85AA3510
BCP2: 93218A5E
BCP3: C000009A
BCP4: 00000004
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

A:BSOD - Screen goes black and upon restart tells me I got a blue screen

Have you activated your Win 7?

Fully and completely update your Win7. Afterwards, I'll be asking you to submit a file which will show me all of the installed updates.

The update procedure will take qute a period of time since you do not have SP1 installed. This means there are updates to get you up to SP1 and then there about 100 updates post-SP1.

UPDATING YOUR WIN 7
1. ASSURE THAT YOU RECEIVE ALL UPDATES
WIN | type WINDOWS UPDATE | ENTER |
Change settings (left-hand column) |
checkmark all four of the boxes | OK button

Approve any dialog boxes presented. Let Windows install any update features.

WIN is the key with the Microsoft flag on top.

2. INSTALL CRITICAL UPDATES
Check for Updates (left-hand column)
Install ALL critical updates.
Restart your computer (even if not prompted)

Repeat this procedure until there are no more critical updates.

DO NOT TRUST the ?Windows is up to date? in center of dialog. until you see that TWICE IN A ROW!

3. INSTALL IMPORTANT UPDATES
Use the ?critical update? procedure until all important updates are installed.

4. INSTALL OPTIONAL UPDATES
Under Optional updates you will be presented with:
a) Microsoft Bing Desktop which is of questionable value
b) a list of about 34 language updates.

You can hide those updates so that aren't continually notified of those updates.
When you click on 34+ optional updates are available, then you
a) highlight all of the language updates,
b) right-click anywhere in the highlighted list.
c) click on Hide Updates,
d) OK button.
Install ALL other Optional Updates.
Use the ?critical update? procedure.

UPDATE GOLDEN RULES
Install ALL, yes, ALL updates.
This is Win 7 and not Vista or XP (eXPired).

UPDATE IS HUNG ?TAKING FOREVER
Hung is very doubtful unless you interrupted updates.

CTRL + SHIFT + ESC key combo will pop-up the Task Manager.
Lo and behold, Windows Update is still running!

You hold down the CTRL and SHIFT keys.
While holding them down, tap the ESC key once.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/247298-bsod-screen-goes-black-upon-restart-tells-me-i-got-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Good Morning,

For the past several months I have been having problems with my HP desktop computer. When my system reboots I sometimes get a black screen with nothing on it or it gets stuck on the windows logo or I get a blue screen with a bunch of writing.

The blue screen tends to happen with the computer goes into hibernation. So I changed my settings to that it doesn't happen but I would like to fix that so that I can give my computer a rest during the time that I'm not using it.

I have checked for malware, viruses you name it... nothing.

HP HPE-180t
Windows 7 SP1
Intel core i7 930 @2.80GHz
9.00 GB RAM
Kaspersky Internet Security 2013

If you need further info please let me know. ;)
ps I had wonderful support several years ago regarding my laptop.. thank you once again :)

A:Black screen, Blue Screen & Stuck on Windows logo

Hello Britt,

Quote:

I would like to fix that so that I can give my computer a rest during the time that I'm not using it.

The best way to do this is to simply turn it off; it will also save on the electricty bills too.
When I am not using my machine, I turn it off, because here in South Australia we have the second highest electricity charges in the world.

Quote:

I get a blue screen with a bunch of writing.

Can you tell us what the blue screen says; usually this is due to a recent hardware or software change; however, in your instance it might be the Hibernation feature that is malfunctioning.
Post back with the information about the blue screen, please.

Kind Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-blue-screen-and-stuck-on-windows-logo-689187.html
Relevancy 82.56%

ok so i was trying to put some videos onto my blackberry bold and i started to play with my phone while it was attached to my laptop and i accessed my media files with my memory card in the phone and all of a sudden i got a blue screen that said restart your computer and some other stuff that i didnt really understand so i manually pressed the power button until my laptop turned off then restarted it. it rebooted as tho it had been in standby not restarted and all i could see was the windows explorer window i had had opened before the screen and the rest of the screen is black. i guess i could attach a picture if it would help ???? thank you very much for your time

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/screen-is-black-except-for-the-window-i-had-open-prior-to-blue-screen-394478.html
Relevancy 82.56%

New to the thread.... not sure if i'm posting right, soo correct me if u want =)
Anyway.. yesterday I turned my computer on and got the screen "Sorry for the convenience blah blah blah... Start Windows Normally, Safe Mode...ect.
I chose Start Windows Normally, which did indeed start windows normally, but I wasn't sure what caused this problem in the first place, so i ignored it. I turned my computer off.

Later i turned my computer back on and was confronted by another screen, this time a Blue screen.. A Stop error, can't exactly remember the error, but said something about "memory dump'...
I eventually got avoided a problem with this screen and got into windows.. However this morning, when i turn the computer on, I was forced to use 'Last Known Good Configuration"

Whats going on? I did scans on Norton, Adaware & Spybot.

Please help!!

A:Blue Screen, Black Screen??? Stop Error Code?

Hi Kirstie, computers are great when they work huh? These stop errors and blue screens of death can have many causes. Sometimes they occur when a computer is getting older and some piece of hardware is going bad, like a memory stick for instance. Other times these errors occur after installing a new program or doing a windows update. They can be quite difficult to pin down sometimes as well. I would be glad to help you find the cause of the error if you will answer a few questions for me. By answering these questions I should be able to determine the cause and help you to correct it.

Here are some questions for you to answer that will help me. Just answer them the best you can and if you dont know an answer its ok. If you already answered anything I'm asking in your first post just skip over it.

1). What kind of computer do you have? Laptop? Desktop? Dell, HP, Ect?
2). Whats your level of experience? Novice, intermediate, expert, or dont know squat?
3). What operating system are you using? Xp Home or XP Pro?
4). What antivirus are you using? Are you using a firewall?
5) Please tell us a little about your computer. How old is your computer? What size Hard drive does it have?, processor, ram, Bios ver. Ect.
6). Do you have an Xp disk for this computer?
7). Does your computer have a floppy drive, CD drive, Ect.?
8). Do you have access to another working computer with an internet connection?
9). Did you noticed this problem occuring after installing anything recently?
10). Has your computer done a windows update recently?
11). Have you made any changes to the computer recently? Hardware or software?

and anything else that might help us help you. Remember we are trying to help from a forum so all we have to go on is what you can tell us.

I will monitor this thread throughout the day. If you resolve this problem on your own or with the info I provided please let me know so I can move on to other issues. Also please mark this thread solved using the thread tools option located at the top of this thread and selecting solved from the drop down menu when your computer is working correctly and you are through with this thread.

Thank you
Patmark

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-black-screen-stop-error-code-520585.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I received the following error message when I attempted to restart my computer:

C0000218 Unknown Hard Error

When I restarted after the blue screen it went into a check disk but would not finish the scan.

I have tried to start the computer in safe mode with internet connection and after a few minutes the screen goes black. I've tried to start it using last known configuration and the screen goes black. Everything I try ~ the screen goes black.

Help!!!!

A:Blue screen & now won't start in safe mode, screen goes black

I'm writing from my husband's laptop because my desktop is completely dead.

We were out of town for several days and when we returned my desktop was running very slow so I attempted to restart it. It locked up, I pressed/held the power button and when it restarted it attempted to run a disk check. The disk check locked up and I had to press/hold the power button again. When it restarted I got a blue screen ~ stop: C0000218 unknown hard error.

Sometimes when I attempt to restart it I get: checking file system on C:
file system = NTFS

When I attempt to restart it in safe mode, safe mode with networking or starting in last known good configuration I get . . .

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\windows\appPatch\drvmain.sdb
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\windows\system32\drivers\ . . . (various items)

Now it won't start, not even in safe mode. Everything I try ~ I just get a black screen.

** I just tried to restart AGAIN and it ran disk scan, said it had completed disk scan and would restart, the screen went black when it attempted to restart and the screen is still black and it won't restart.

What can I do to get my computer back?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-now-wont-start-in-safe-mode-screen-goes-black.811055/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello I was successfully using my PC for the entirety of this morning After bumping my desk the machine shut off as it sometimes does when a cable is loose When the machine restarted it allowed me to login and then showed me only a black screen and cursor Ctrl alt del was functional I tried system restore and system repair both of which completed but did not have any effect I was able to access Windows via safe mode I removed my GPU Upon Black Blue Login into Screen Evolved Screen and connected my monitor to my motherboard The situation did not change I attempted to boot without my main drive SSD by disconnecting it and turning the PC on Instead of a login screen I am now greeted by a flash of a BSOD before the system restarts After running a couple rounds of startup repair Windows has declared it cannot resolve the issue Any guidance will be warmly appreciated Thank you Edit after restarting once more my bios prompted for a Black Screen Upon Login Evolved into Blue Screen boot device and I was able to reach the login screen I am now back at my original black screen problem

A:Black Screen Upon Login Evolved into Blue Screen

Can you boot into Safe Mode at the moment? if so, follow this:

1. Download the DM Log Collector application to your desktop by clicking the link below

DM Log Collector.exe

2. Run it by double-clicking the icon on your desktop, and follow the prompts.
3. Locate the .ZIP file that is created on your desktop, and upload it here in your next reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/360512-black-screen-upon-login-evolved-into-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello My computer is very black Often screen, pup detection, blue most one screen, infected likely likely to be Often black screen, one blue screen, pup detection, most likely infected infected with malware virus because it seldom black screen with white words and then computer restarts for no reason It blue screen'd once A while ago I ran Malwarebytes a few times and it detected PUP Files Malwarebytes removed it each time but it kept coming back But the last time I ran Malwarebytes it did not show up again Symantec Anti Virus could not detect anything But the computer feels very unstable because the internet does not connect sometimes when the mobile devices have no problems connecting I hope this problem can be fixed Thank you for your help DDS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by ytl at on - - AV Symantec Endpoint Protection Enabled Outdated C A - C B- F C- B B- FCCFDC SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Symantec Endpoint Protection Enabled Outdated A BBD -AA - A - B- B EB B E FW Symantec Endpoint Protection Enabled B F DB -C - E - D - C F F E Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system SLsvc exe C Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Smc exe C Program Files Cisco Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client vpnagent exe C Windows system Dwm exe c Program Files Bioscrypt VeriSoft Bin AsGHost exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay Kernel TV CLCapSvc exe C Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection SmcGui exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Rtvscan exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPStart exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system conime exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C PROGRAM FILES SYNAPTICS SYNTP SYNTPHELPER EXE c Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Health Check hphc service exe C Program Files Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorDataMgrSvc exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil ActiveX exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows System svchost exe -k Cognizance C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServi... Read more

A:Often black screen, one blue screen, pup detection, most likely infected

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/515059 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515059/often-black-screen-one-blue-screen-pup-detection-most-likely-infected/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello

I have a computer running Windows 7. Last night the computer was running fine. This morning when I turn it on, i get a black screen. To fix the problem I conducted a system restore. After it finished restoring, the computer restarts and everything worked fine. To make sure if everything was in working order, I restart it again. After the "Starting Windows" screens comes up, I get the Blue Screen of Death. I can't even read what the error says because the computer just restarts itself. I did not connect anything new to the computer. I performed a hardware diagnostics to see if it was a hardware failure but no error was found. I can't even get into safe mode. The SFC.exe will be my next step.

A:Windows 7 Black Screen then Blue Screen of Death

The SFC.exe did not work either.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-black-screen-then-blue-screen-of-death-655425.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I read the posting instructions but it's a little difficult for me to run that program because my computer won't actually display anything But here's what I Blue no BIOS, screen after no display Black Screen, can answer OS - Win bit Original OS - Vista Home Premium October OS is retail upgrade Hard Drive has been in use since October everything else is less than hours old I haven't reinstalled the OS CPU - Intel Core i k Videocard - BFG nVidia GeFroce GTX GB MoBo - ASUS P H -M PSU - Corsair GS W A on v if that's relevant Corsair GB DDR Black screen after Blue Screen, no BIOS, no display MHz RAM x GB Don't know about system manufacturer they're different parts The Case is by NZXT and the TB HDD is by Seagate This is going to be a bit of a long read so I'll start off by giving the short version of all this Here's the short version I built this PC yesterday and it was working but couldn't 't display the native x resolution I got quot Out of Range quot error Black screen after Blue Screen, no BIOS, no display on my monitor when I tried to change it to any other resolution I installed an nVidia control program and made a custom resolution of x About half an hour later I got a blue screen Now when I start it up I just get a black screen no error messages just a black screen It isn't just my own monitor I've tried it with another fully functioning one too And more detail here It was all working alright when I first set it up but I couldn't get native resolution for my LG W monitor x which displayed the resolution just fine on my old PC with no dedicated GPU When I changed the resolution through the Windows resolution change interface tool it wouldn't give me the option of going over x something else I can't remember I tried to change the refresh rate but I got the same error when I tried to increase the resolution as when I tried to change the refresh rate quot Out of Range quot and then it said a frequency in kHz and Hz I downloaded the nVidia control panel and made a custom resolution x and it was all fine after that However the first problem I noticed was I could not run the game Civilization V because upon starting the game up I got the same quot Out of Range quot error message from my monitor I even tried to change the compatibility so that I could let it run at the lower resolution x or something like that but I got the same error message That was pretty much the only problem although I'm sure I would have encountered similar problems if I tried to play similar games I was using the computer for about half an hour and whilst I was on facebook I just got a blue screen It stayed there for a couple seconds then I turned it off from the main socket When I started it up again I just got a black screen I didn't even get a BIOS display I've been trying it all morning and it still hasn't been working Also after I've turned it on from the main socket upon startup it starts up then shuts down then starts up again then down and finally stays on after a couple moments of this Still displaying nothing on the monitor though and I get no quot Out of Range quot error message just a black screen I have no idea what it may be I have tried erasing the CMOS thing by moving the jumper position on the motherboard and removing and reinstalling the battery but that hasn't seemed to have worked I don't know what else to do Thanks a lot in advance I know it's a long read

A:Black screen after Blue Screen, no BIOS, no display

Can you boot into Safe Mode?
Does the system display the Asus splash screen before going to the black screen?

Have you checked to see if the video card has power (the extra power plugs in most cards these days)? Have you checked to make sure the fan is working, and that the video cooler isn't clogged up?

Have you tried another video card? I'd suspect that the video card or it's drivers are your issue. If the system boots into Safe Mode, then I'd suspect the drivers, if it doesn't boot into Safe Mode (so you can see the display) - then I'd have to assume that it's the video card.

See if you can return the video card. If not, then see if you can borrow one from another computer - or buy one that you can return if it's not needed.

Good luck!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/black-screen-after-blue-screen-no-bios-no-display-594237.html
Relevancy 81.7%

So for the past 2 weeks I've been crashing none stop usually after playing game for about an hour or just browsing or watching a movie, its a mixture of Page fault in none page area, Memory management, IRQL not less or equal, among others. I don't know whats causing the crashes or any help would be greatly appreciated. i had this laptop for since early december 2009.

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) II Dual-Core Mobile M500, AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3836 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series, 320 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 291444 MB, Free - 24376 MB; D: Total - 13495 MB, Free - 2249 MB; F: Total - 99 MB, Free - 95 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 3642
Antivirus: Norton Internet Security, Disabled

A:Blue screen of death, Freezing, and black screen

Have you installed anything lately? There could be some program or service doing something that isn't needed.
How's the case temperature? Perhaps it's running too hot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death-freezing-and-black-screen.1047034/
Relevancy 81.7%

I am running windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit and facing with a big problem,I suppose.
-Black screen sometimes appears after windows is starting(after this)
-Blue screen of death always appears when I am trying to connect for more than 7/8/9/10 times on some of wireless networks,and very rarely appears when I'm playing a game or doing something on the internet.
-Some programs freeze sometimes such as Firefox,DivX Player,Winamp...
Please help me guys!

Relevancy 81.7%

I've having an issue that I think some ppl had, windows 8 crashing going to blue screen of death or blank black screen and then it restarts by itself, also I have noticed that it says repairing disk in D:/

I have one SSD 120gb in the C:/ which it host the operating system and some minnor programs, in a HDD which is my D:/ drive there I have my games.

ASRock 990FX Extreme 9
AMD FX 8350
Kingston Hyper X 120GB SSD
WD black 500GB HDGB HDD
Corsair Vengeance 8gb Ram 2133Hz
Windows 8

Thanks for the time, if more info is needed I willl gather it and post it

A:How do I fix windows blue screen of death and black screen

Update, seems that some tweaking did fix the problem, go to search and type power, in the left click on the one that says change what power buttons do, then uncheck the box that it says turn on fast startup (recomended) then save changes and a restart and youre done -at least for me it worked-

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/47630-how-do-i-fix-windows-blue-screen-death-black-screen.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Sorry, double posted from clicking twice! Original post: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515059/often-black-screen-one-blue-screen-pup-detection-most-likely-infected/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515060/often-black-screen-one-blue-screen-pup-detection-most-likely-infected/
Relevancy 81.7%

My splash black screen windows screen blue now to laptop is a Dell Inspiron with windows splash to black screen now blue screen XP Professional The laptop was given to me used no original cd s or anything just the machine and power cord just letting you know that right off the bat as I don t have option to put cd in as I don t have it The laptop has a XP sticker on it that doesn t state if windows splash to black screen now blue screen it was home or Professional windows splash to black screen now blue screen to start with I say all this because I can t tell you if the OS was preinstalled or after market installation IN case this matters any I am not knowledgeable about computers without the aid or forums like this so please know that when offering aid I ll need specifics please Recently my system malfunctioned and YourHighness helped me get it cleaned up It was working fine for a few days All of a sudden the Windows Splash screen disappeared and the screen went black After multiple reboots and selecting Function F eventually the computer would go to a grey screen and then would finish booting fine This went on for a week or two Meanwhile as YourHighness suggested I bought more RAM as it only had MB I read it can go up to a gig so I bought used from eBay a and installed it Booted fine after the black screen issue still and worked fine A couple of days later I went to boot it back up and got a blue screen saying quot Stop C Bad Image CheckSum The Image MSAN dll is possibly corrupt The Header Checksum does not match the computed checksum quot I can not boot to safe or any other option I can only access bios and am clueless what to do once there if anything I tried recovery counsel booting but it just refreshes the options screen essentially it only recognizes the XP option I removed the RAM in case it was causing the problem Tried to boot with just a and also with s Still got same blue screen I don t know what to do from here Do I need to take it to a repair shop or can someone guide me through some options Please advise Most appreciatively Thatguy

A:windows splash to black screen now blue screen

I would think that your first priority, assuming that your data is safe, is to obtain a means of reinstalling/repairing XP. I mean, that would be my first priority if I intended to run a system with XP on it and I did not believe that the system would run perfectly until I decided to retire/sell/junk it.

So my first suggestion would have been...contact Dell and inquire about recovery/restore CDs for your system.

As for your apparent option of taking it to a shop...that won't resolve the fact that you have no install disks of any type.

I've not ever seen an XP sticker that doesn't indicate which flavor of the O/S is installed.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/199556/windows-splash-to-black-screen-now-blue-screen/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi CPU Intel Core QUAD Motherboard AsRock x TurboTwins Ram DDR x GB GHz brand Hynix GPU ATI HD PSU Corsair W OS Windows Custom previous screen black in screen after goes blue The (even BIOS) build I installed Civilization and directX as well because I was asked to The screen goes black after previous blue screen (even in BIOS) during the installation After few minutes of being in the game a blue screen popped up I do not know what message was on there I restarted the computer and system recommended to run the fix mode I launched it and after a while I was advised to bring the settings back to the restore point I acknowledged this but then all I saw was a black screen Since then after The screen goes black after previous blue screen (even in BIOS) each restart the screen goes black If I manage to go to BIOS after - seconds the screen goes black I cannot even reinstall Windows Those - seconds in BIOS are The screen goes black after previous blue screen (even in BIOS) enough to check the temperatures on CPU and MB they are around degrees Celsius so overheating is not the problem I connected the monitor with my laptop and it works so monitor is fine There are no loose connections There is no dust and debris - this system is months old Problem might be in the graphics card Several weeks ago the screen used to go grey after playing Fallout for - minutes I disabled the audio on the card and that solved the problem However Windows still indicated that there is something wrong with the GPU on the other hand drivers were up-to-date Can anyone help please Or let me know what you think might be wrong Thanks nbsp

A:The screen goes black after previous blue screen (even in BIOS)

Since you are having a graphics issue in both the BIOS startup screen and while Windows is open, it does sound like a graphics card problem and not a driver problem. Do you have another graphics card to substitute for test purposes?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-screen-goes-black-after-previous-blue-screen-even-in-bios.158751/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hello folks I am not new to bleepingcomputers yes I am sometimes as guest in the background snatching some info and ideas However today I am coming as patient First of all I have to thank you geeks if allowed to name you like this for your dedication of helping people Throughout the web you are an incredible source for fighting that plaque that take often our time and sometime even more away Now to my case Some day ago my computer started with some strange behaviour Black Blue Screen) login (NOT after Screen like this some windows popped up telling me some drive letter is not supported etc the internet explorer started to do Black Screen (NOT Blue Screen) after login some strange things I do not remember what ahh and my Toshiba power saver started doing rubbish not accepting changes My antivirus was not up-to-date and I started to install new antivirus Vipre and a collection of malware scanners Whatever has found my PC as his new nest was not amused about this and responded with interfering in to the boot procedure When starting my PC Window Start screen appears normal After selecting the user login Black Screen (NOT Blue Screen) after login user desktop appears nicely still OK - gt the quick-start icons in Black Screen (NOT Blue Screen) after login the right corner start to pop up one by one - gt but in the middle after seconds black screen appears and nothing goes anymore So I started in save mode and run the scanners who discovered a truckload of Trojan and some root kit crap I cleaned up but windows does not start up anymore same behaviour as described above In the malware found were some items like buouf exe and eqhff exe I can start the PC only via F - gt last version that works I looked for buouf exe and eqhff exe found them killed them but there is possibly somewhere somthing left Now I am getting some uss q s exe error window and when connecting to the internet all seconds an ad window is opening So my first aid skills are exhausted and I have to call the ambulance Thank s in advace for the quot Doctor quot andyman

A:Black Screen (NOT Blue Screen) after login

Sorry, I forgot some more symptomes. I found in the scheduled task folder numerous tasks. After deleting them all they just build up again. Also I have to correct: the error thayt appeared is referenced to a file called ouss8q8r.exe. Furthermore, suddenly the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Icon changed (the Malwarebytes icon has been replaced by an ordinary exe icon).The system is Windows XP Home SP3.Thanksandyman

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/344232/black-screen-not-blue-screen-after-login/
Relevancy 79.98%

Alright, Well I play multiple games and I have the same problem with any game. When I play for like 20minutes or so my video goes insane! It flashes black and completely screen lags, Then it usually pixelates the screen after done flashing. Then after probably another 5 or 10, It will just completely lock up my computer then bring me to the blue screen. This has only started happening since i got Vista, Then I tried to see if getting windows 7 would fix it, But no...

Im pretty sure the problem is that these new operating systems are clashing with my drivers, All drivers are up to date, Hardrive checked, Video card working fine, RAM is all good.

If somone has had this same problem and fixed it some how please let me know.

Computer Specs:

Intel Core Quad (TM)2 Q6600 2.4GhZ
XION 1000watt PowerSupply
9800GT 1024mb DDR3
6gigs RAM DDR2

A:Black Screen And Flashing then Blue Screen.

Quote: Originally Posted by HelpMeWin

Alright, Well I play multiple games and I have the same problem with any game. When I play for like 20minutes or so my video goes insane! It flashes black and completely screen lags, Then it usually pixelates the screen after done flashing. Then after probably another 5 or 10, It will just completely lock up my computer then bring me to the blue screen. This has only started happening since i got Vista, Then I tried to see if getting windows 7 would fix it, But no...

Im pretty sure the problem is that these new operating systems are clashing with my drivers, All drivers are up to date, Hardrive checked, Video card working fine, RAM is all good.

If somone has had this same problem and fixed it some how please let me know.

Computer Specs:

Intel Core Quad (TM)2 Q6600 2.4GhZ
XION 1000watt PowerSupply
9800GT 1024mb DDR3
6gigs RAM DDR2

Hi and welcome

I suspect heat. Download gpu-z and monitor. Let us know

Ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/41564-black-screen-flashing-then-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi AGAIN Hopefully my PC will STAY up while I write this I have been having some MAJOR probs with the puter just flippin well going to a black blank screen and then to a deep blue screen which displays this jibberish to me screen/BLUE BLACK ?? .. screen Reboot Shew just had black screen followed by the bright blue BLACK screen/BLUE screen .. Reboot ?? screen with the following written on it STOP OxOOOOOOD OxE C OxOOOOOOFF OxOOOOOOO OxBF BCA DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL ADDRESS BF BCA base at BF Datestamp ef ce - mrxsmb sys Beginning dump of physical memory About a BLACK screen/BLUE screen .. Reboot ?? year ago I had the same thing happen and at the end of the word memory an actual countdown occurred BLACK screen/BLUE screen .. Reboot ?? As well I am being INNUNDATED with this Inside an ALERT BOX named WinRAR self-extracting archive Extracting ribiva exe Extracting ewaf exe Cannot create ewaf exe Installation progress the installation bar goes about of the way and no further The Virus alert reads Obj name rivia exe Container C DocumentsandSE difavipu exe Virus name Backdoor ranky Action taken action to the file was denied I have had this machine IN for repair twice in weeks all they have done is clean up viruses and spyware and I am totally NOT wanting to haul it back Any suggestions gratefully accepted and WOO HOO I have not gone BLANK amp BLUE yet Marilynne nbsp

A:BLACK screen/BLUE screen .. Reboot ??

my suggestion.... buy an antivirus like norton or mcafee and run it on your system ALL the time. Keep it updated on a weekly to daily basis and this is less likely to happen ever again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-blue-screen-reboot.356586/
Relevancy 79.98%

Ran MBAM but couldn't complete, said it had to shut down. Then got the error message DrWatson Postmortem Dubugger encountered a problem and needs to close. The error report showed this file.....Temp\WER345a.dir00\drwtsn32.exe.mdmp
Tried to run MBAM in safe mode but wouldn't complete, said it had to shut down, so I restarted my computer and got the blue screen: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ....dump of physical memory. Then tried to restart windows started then went to black screen. Don't know if I have a virus, if my hard drive is going, or what. Please someone help. I need my computer for school, and it's been causing me so many aggravations, and I really need help.

A:Blue screen...screen going black...must have a virus.

Also, I got fed up with Avira, it kept giving me error messages, and it wouldn't update. I posted on their forum, but was told to post a hijackthis log but they didn't find anything. So I uninstalled Avira, and installed AVG Free 9.0. I started to run the scan, and somewhere near the beginning my computer screen went black again, so I have to force a reboot. Now I get the error message system has recovered from a serious error.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-screen-going-black-must-have-a-virus.921546/
Relevancy 79.98%

hy
my problem is black screen in access windows 10 or blue screen error nvlddmkm

tnk

A:Black screen or Crash Blue Screen

Please remove all pirated programs and such from your system before we can start troubleshooting.
The Forum Rules is meant for everything regarding piracy
Discussing it,Asking for guidance,Asking for a crack,The use of it,Etc.

4) No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc).

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/54511-black-screen-crash-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 79.98%

At least 3 times today, I have gotten the Blue Screen of Death. I don't see anything on it that lists a problem. When computer starts up, it doesn't even get to the "Starting Windows" part, its just a black screen. I have looked and Googled and can't find any help with this problem. Has anyone had this happen to them? PLEASE HELP!

A:Blue Screen of Death Followed by Black Screen

Hello and welcome BeachGadog see this
Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

PS Some system specs would be helpful too mate
System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/367341-blue-screen-death-followed-black-screen.html
Relevancy 79.98%

All of a sudden, I get the Blue Screen of Death, then when I restart computer the screen stays black, even though its running. Any help would really be appreciated.

A:Blue Screen of Death Then Black Screen

If you can get to the F8 screen, try last known good configuration option. If can't reach that screen, pretty soon regular BC techs will appear, follow their advice, you can't go wrong.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573456/blue-screen-of-death-then-black-screen/
Relevancy 79.98%

Here is the rundown blue screen screen and black error help of what happened in sequence maybe someone could help me When I started up my Toshiba black screen and blue screen error help laptop windows vista home premium -bit computer it booted until it got to the login screen Then a c error popped up preventing me to login I have attatched the image of the error I would have to click ok a black screen and blue screen error help few times for it to go away to login and I deleted the latest program I had on my computer which was a computer game When i turned on my computer the following day it appeared again so uninstalling the game did not fix it This time I decided to restart it again but this time it went to a black screen before the login screen So I restarted again in safe mode it would load the drivers and it would freeze before login on the black screen After restarting again I was prompted to do a system repair which I went ahead and did but my OS did not appear for the actual repair After it was finished it said it could not fix the problem So I restarted again and this time I decided to do a driver check and when the tests were done my computer went to the Blue screen of death then restarted Now it is just a pattern Now I tried F to no avail I have no vista disk Maybe someone knows how to fix it Get back to me as quick as you can nbsp

A:black screen and blue screen error help

what is on the bsod

run the dos diagnostic on the hard drive

http://storage.toshiba.com/storage-services-support/warranty-support/software-utilities

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-and-blue-screen-error-help.1078235/
Relevancy 79.98%

Blue screen of death now just black screen...that features a blinking underscore icon....

The horror....the horror....

What have I done?

Anyone have any idea how to get my PC back running?

Cant run TSG Sysinfo obviously. The PC is running Windows XP 32 bit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Relevancy 79.98%

I have (Toshiba Satelite)laptop with Win7 & IE9 that will have a boot up with black screen
occuring after startup. The black screen states PXE - E61 media test failure check cable and
PXE - MOF existing PXE ROM. Then the computer gets past this black screen and finishes booting up.
I will then experience a blue screen crash intermittently, seems to happen when on the internet,
but not sure. The blue screen has a full screen info that last 2 to 3 seconds and I'm unable to
read it all. It does state crash dump towards end of message. The computer will go blank then reboot on its own
showing black screen info again. Usually after this reboot things run somewhat ok, but somewhat slower. Have run
malware bytes, avast, super anti-spyware and c cleaner. Checked all updates and drivers with no help
from these. Any suggestions and is this something Mybleepingcomputer can fix?

A:Black Screen with Blue Screen Crash

Sounds like a failing hard drive or motherboard at worst but hopefully not. Have you taken the steps to back-up your documents first?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/441500/black-screen-with-blue-screen-crash/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hello Your member 'noknojon' has been kindly helping me with the removal of Screen Blue virus a Screen may and - Black have i the Montera Toolbar I am experiencing occasional Blue Screen and Black Screen on start up with only cursor and 'noknojon' has advised me to post in in this Blue Screen and Black Screen - i may have a virus Forum with a link back to the previous forum to show all the tests run logs and work we have done so far http www bleepingcomputer com forums t montera-toolbar-found-by-spybot-how-to-delete My pc Blue Screen and Black Screen - i may have a virus also Blue Screens when I run ESET anti-Virus on DATA D I have tried to do a Backup using Cobian but it seems to stop Results below - - The log tab has been cleared The log file with its full content is still available from the Log menu - - Preventing the system from entering sleep mode - - Backing up the task BAK - - Counting the files for the task BAK - - If your unpacker cannot handle the archives created by Cobian Backup see the FAQ - - Starting the Volume Shadow Copy snapshot for the drives C ERR - - Couldn't contact the Volume Shadow Copy requester Please check that the service is installed and running - - Changing the backup type to full Reason task's first backup - - Creating the destination directory E - - The destination directory E has been successfully created ERR - - An error occurred when creating or refreshing the archive E C - - Full zip Cannot create file E C - - Full zip Incorrect function - - The history file for BAK will not be saved because the result of the backup is empty - - Total backup time for BAK hours minutes seconds - - Backup done for the task BAK Errors Processed files Backed up files Total size bytes - - -- - - The system can now enter sleep mode - - Total backup time hours minutes seconds - - Backup done Errors Processed files Backed up files Total size bytes - - -- I attach the DDS logs I cross my fingers that you can help Thank you

A:Blue Screen and Black Screen - i may have a virus

I read on the Forum that results should be copied and pasted and not attached, so here are the results of the DDS log which I was advised to include.

I am using Windows 7, 64 bit, Service Pack 1, Windows updates up to date on a portable PC.

DDS results:-
DDS (Ver_2012-11-20.01) - NTFS_AMD64 
Internet Explorer: 10.0.9200.16611
Run by les at 15:56:45 on 2013-06-27
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium   6.1.7601.1.1252.44.1033.18.8096.4968 [GMT 4:00]
AV: ESET Smart Security 6.0 *Enabled/Updated* {77DEAFED-8149-104B-25A1-21771CA47CD1}
SP: ESET Smart Security 6.0 *Enabled/Updated* {CCBF4E09-A773-1FC5-1F11-1A056723366C}
SP: Windows Defender *Enabled/Updated* {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
FW: ESET Personal firewall *Enabled* {4FE52EC8-CB26-1113-0EFE-8842E2773BAA}
============== Running Processes ===============
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch
C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k RPCSS
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k GPSvcGroup
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Display\nvxdsync.exe
C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\FaceLogon\smartlogon.exe
C:\Windows\system32\FBAgent.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ATK Package\ATK Hotkey\ASLDRSrv.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ATK Package\ATKGFNEX\GFNEXSrv.exe
C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASCORE64.EXE
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\InstantOn\InsOnSrv.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\InstantOn\InsOnWMI.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Bluetooth Suite\Ath_CoexAgent.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Bluetooth Suite\adminservice.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ATK Package\ATKOSD2\ATKOSD2.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\FaceLogon\sensorsrv.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\Splendid\ACMON.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\USBChargerPlus\USBChargerPlus.exe
C:\Program Files\P4G\BatteryLife.exe
C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\x86\ekrn.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ATK Package\ATK Hotkey\HControl.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lxeacoms.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamscheduler.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Binn\sqlservr.exe
C:\ASUS.SYS\SIONExportService.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Shared\sqlbrowser.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Shared\sqlwriter.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc
C:\Program Files\Intel\TurboBoost\TurboBoost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSVC.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSvcM.exe
C:\Windows\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVBg64.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\AmIcoSingLun\AmIcoSinglun64.exe
C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\egui.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ATK Package\ATK Media\DMedia.exe
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Display\nvtray.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ATK Package\ATK Hotkey\HControlUser.exe
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ACEngSvr.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\MediaEspresso\DeviceDetector\DeviceDetector.exe
C:\Windows\AsScrPro.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Power2Go\CLMLSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVCpl64.exe
C:\Windo... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/499382/blue-screen-and-black-screen-i-may-have-a-virus/
Relevancy 79.98%

My poor old Dell Latitude is having two issues:

1.  It's running unbearably slow for some reason.  It takes forever for programs to open, etc.

2.  It frequently black screens (then comes up with an error saying the display driver stopped working), and today just blue screened.  Before the blue screen went away and my comp restarted, I thought I caught something saying the display driver timed out or something.  

I'm not sure where to look to see if I have a virus or something, but I have the free version of Avast and that's it.  And I'm not sure if I need to update some display driver, or where to do so.  Any takers?

A:Black screen, blue screen... Bleh.

Sure...that's what challenges are for .

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/516989/black-screen-blue-screen-bleh/
Relevancy 79.98%

have attached bsod dump files

A:screen gose black then i get blue screen

Hello jockmiller02, welcome to Seven Forums. All of your crashes point to BCCode x116. Here is a troubleshooting guide for you to follow, but first, your crashes are all pretty recent. Looks like this started occurring after you updated your Video Driver. Try rolling it back, if that does not work , here you go; STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/236024-screen-gose-black-then-i-get-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 77.4%

after logging in to windows i will either get a black screen or the pc will start to log and after i attempt to give the pc any commands like opening internet explorer or task manager the pc crashes and goes to the blue screen it only flashes screen blue black screen then for a few seconds so I never get to see what it says I blue screen then black screen have run malware bytes spybot search and destroy and a system mechanic registry repair none of these have helped while doing the prep for this post i was not able to download the gmer zip file it downloaded as a word doc THANKS SO MUCH FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN PROVIDE DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Internet Explorer Run by John at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated DAC -C - B -BB - DA SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated ABEC DA -E C- F - B -AA E D BDD SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm blue screen then black screen exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS c Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware MsMpEng exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService blue screen then black screen C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system ctfmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uDefault Page URL hxxp lenovo live com uStart Page hxxp smallmiraclesacademy org uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Skype add-on for Internet Explorer ae - e c- ed - f b-f f a - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer skypeieplugin dll BHO Office Document Cache Handler b f a - e - -ba - b e ff - c progra micros office URLREDIR DLL BHO Bing Bar Helper d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - quot c program files microsoft bingbar BingExt dll quot BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll TB Bing Bar dcb -df - - - fa b f - quot c program files microsoft bingbar BingExt dll quot TB BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - No File TB FA EF- D- D - B F- A D - No File uRun Sidebar c program files windows sidebar sidebar exe autoRun uRun WorkForce Network c windows system spool drivers w x e fatifja exe fu quot c windows temp E SE F tmp quot EF quot HKCU quot uRun PMSpeed c program files newsoft presto pagemanager for ep PMSpeed EXE uRun WorkForce Network Copy c windows system spool drivers w x e fatifja exe fu quot c windows temp E S C tmp quot EF quot HKCU quot uRun Skype quot c program files skype phone Skype exe quot nosplash minimized uRun SpybotSD TeaTimer c program files spybot - search amp destroy TeaTimer exe uRun Fitbit Service Monitor c program files fitbit fitbit-tray exe uRunServices SoftWareInstallShield c users john appdata local temp exe mRun Apoint c program files apoint k Apoint exe mRun ACTray c program files thinkpad connectutilities ACTray exe mRun ACWlIcon c program files thinkpad connectutilities ACWlIcon exe mRun IdeaNotesUser c program files ddni lenovo idea notes DDNIMSGUser exe mRun RoxWatchTray quot c program files common files roxio shared sharedcom RoxWatchTray exe quot mRun SmartAudio c program files conexant smartaudio SMAUDIO EXE c mRun TPFNF c program files leno... Read more

A:blue screen then black screen

Hi,My name is Casey and I will be helping you with your malware problems.Whilst we work on the problems in your logs, it is very important that you do not make any changes to this PC. Specifically, do not run any further malware removal tools or try to remove anything yourself.You may wish to "Watch Topic" so that you are immediately informed of any replies I make. I also ask that you reply to my posts within 5 days else your topic will be closed as stale.Throughout the removal process, if you have any questions then you should ask them. If you are unsure of my instructions or something does not go as planned - then please tell me. Conversely, it is also important that you answer any questions I have and that you keep me updated on the state of the PC. Out of curiosity, how did you get DDS to run? Download and run ComboFixWe will begin with ComboFix.exe. Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running the tool: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofixEnsure you have disabled all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix. If you are prompted to install the Recovery Console, then please do so.Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.Note: If you have trouble running ComboFix, then please rename ComboFix.exe to Caseyboy.com and re-run.Regards,Casey

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/446308/blue-screen-then-black-screen/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hey guys First time with a serious computer issue here goes Had this Laptop ehh bout months now Really didnt have any issues till recent help! screen? Black Blue Please by =( screen...Followed Bout a Week ago I Black screen...Followed by Blue screen? Please help! =( start up my Computer and I get the Black Screen Followed By Winload exe may be missing or corrupt Ok I go and see that its a common issue with Windows owners I looked around Black screen...Followed by Blue screen? Please help! =( and since my computer didnt come with a Recovery Disc I Burned one from a Website for the x Tried Booting from Disc to from my Laptop and when it looks like it wants to go to the Recovery Screen and Blue Screen Pops up FRUSTRATION SETS IN lol The error message that follows is PROCESS INTIALIZATION FAILED with alot of other text something like if i installed new hardware I dont have any usb's plugged in at all This is super frustration as i have maybe worth of music on there Any help would be appreciated thanks

A:Black screen...Followed by Blue screen? Please help! =(

Guess the computer has been through a lot since it is now black and blue. In any event, if you follow these instructions, one of our members will be able to help you.
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/282628-black-screen-followed-blue-screen-please-help.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello! When I am using my computer ( browsing, games), at random moments, the screen will power off and in 5-10 seconds my headset audio and or speakers

will disappear. The power button will then flash on and off and the computer still is running. When i boot up, i will get an error once in desktop that

my computer had just experienced a blue screen error( mind the fact that the screen never showed me a blue screen). I had a graphics card driver issue,

which i solved, but still i get these shut offs. I don't believe it is due to overheating as i regularly dust out my computer as well as make sure my

cooling and GPU/ CPU temperatures are well. Once i get a reply to this topic, i will post my complete system settings.

A:Black Screen , Blue Screen?

Try downloading Speccy and then install the program. To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.. In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot. Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard. On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post.Go to Windows Explorer and locate C:\Windows\minidump folder. Do you see .dmp files? If yes, please check the last 3 minidump dates and post it on your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/482693/black-screen-blue-screen/
Relevancy 77.4%

From time to time, I get the Blue Screen of Death. Then, right after I turn the computer back on, I get a black screen. It doesn't get to the Windows page at all. I tried unplugging the computer, taking out the battery, and pressing the start button for several seconds, as I saw a lot of answers like this when searching for help. Now, my screen is flickering green stripes across the webpages I visit. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

A:Blue Screen Then Black Screen

Also on this topic
http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/1146490-blue-screen-death.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-then-black-screen.1146687/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hey,i have a windows 7x64.Yesterday while watching videos my screen started jumping and crashed to a blue screen with(QPR is not less or equal i think) and after that i restarted and it came with other errors.Now when i switch on the laptop it only shows black screen with no option to do anything.PLEASE HELP

A:Blue screen and black screen HELP

Pen list corrupted is the othet error i get.I am using Lenovo B560,Intel core i3,Intel HD graphics,4GiG Ram,500GIG HDD

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/232867-blue-screen-black-screen-help.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I was getting a blue screen to fast to copy content and then a black restart screen After choosing the start normally option it restarted then a black screen came up stating that it could not boot to use a disk to boot from I used screen / /Black Blue Screen the disk I made upon my first obtaining the computer and it did not work just need to boot from disk message I took it to CompUSA for a diagnostic and they said that the hard drive was bad so I bought a new Tb drive The next day the same thing happened as before I took it back to CompUSA They Blue Screen / /Black screen told me that there was no OS on the hard drive and they refunded all costs and reloaded the OS Windows Vista Home Premium and when I took it home it worked fine for a week and now it will blues screen and give me the black recovery screen where I choose the start normally option It boots ok and seems to run ok as well It will not give me any problems Blue Screen / /Black screen if I keep it on but if I shut it down and in the morning start it up it keeps giving me a blue screen with a recovery black screen with me choosing the start normally option I have run all kinds of maleware checks and virus scans and nothing I have done a memory test and it says that my memory is good After reading all the BSOD posts I can t find any similar problems or solutions to this problem All Windows Vista updates are done along with all updates from HP Sow how can I fix this My systems information is as follows Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce SE nForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ECS Nettle Antivirus Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live Anti-Virus Updated and Enabled How can I fix this Thanks all of you for your time and consideration PS I don t know how to get to the minidump files nor how to zip and upload them to this forum nbsp

Relevancy 76.97%

Afternoon all. Wife's laptop a dell 6000 may have gotten sick from a thumb drive that a fellow worker shared. I rebooted from disk because that's all i know how to do. I ran chksk to check for errors it said she had errors in volome what ever that is? what can I do next before she has to bring it someware to be checked. thanks to everyone who might help!

Relevancy 76.11%

Yes recently my computer just stopped and a blue screen came up and said unmountable boot volume Stop Ox ED they say to try and remove any newly installed hardware or software and to go restart computer hit F to select Advanced Startup options which I don't have that option and then select unmountable Blue boot saying Screen volume safe mode When I do that all it does is run a list of stuff and i have no idea what it is but I Blue Screen saying unmountable boot volume cant delete anything and I cant get past that bllue screen I did look up Blue Screen saying unmountable boot volume the code and it says that its caused by a Input Output sub-system tried to use the boot vollume but failed it can occur during an upgrade to Windows Xp Professional on computers that use faster ATA harddrives or have controllers with the wrong cabling I don't know alot about computers and I would love to know what to do to fix this so if anyone could help me that would be great Thanks Tricia

A:Blue Screen saying unmountable boot volume

Find out who made the harddrive. Go to there website and download there
diagnostic utility, "boot floppy". You may have to set your boot order to
a: then boot to it and run tests....Most of the time Ive recieved that
error it was a bad harddrive....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-saying-unmountable-boot-volume-152133.html
Relevancy 76.11%

When booting R50 IBM laptop with windows XP Professional, am getting an error "unmountable boot volume with Blue Screen". I tried booting it in safe mode, but the same result.

Please help me to resolve this issue. Urgent.

A:unmountable boot volume BLUE SCREEN

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555302 try that link, good luck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unmountable-boot-volume-blue-screen-317269.html
Relevancy 76.11%

After a Palm Hot Sync (had not been done is a long time), and clicking to view a video in an email, my computer screen went black and then booted up with a lengthy list of multi disk functions and then goes to the blue screen error message of Unmountable Boot Volume. Dell Inspirion E1505.

I am unable to get into "safe mode" I do not have a set up CD, but downloaded a couple of programs to fix it. I changed the Bios to access with CD/DVD first. I have changed the 1394 to not be enabled. It will not boot to the CD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-unmountable-boot-volume-259134.html
Relevancy 76.11%

turned off the computer, while it was shutting down I turned off power to the powersurger plug that has everything about the computer pluged into it. (It's my son's computer-do not know if it is set up to do a windows XP update at shutting down)

Blue Screen error
Windows needed to shut down to prevent damage

UNmountabel Boot Volume

tried all I could with F8 start mode w/command prompt, tried the other options as well.
Dell said put in Windows XP reinstallation Cd in .
Is it safe to use an old Windows XP reinstalation Disk from older Dell 1996-2001
The only one I can find.

Should I follow part of drumgirl67 Jan 2006 instruction answer. tx's

Relevancy 76.11%

Hi I am having some trouble with my computer I re sized my primary partition with Windows Screen Volume Boot Unmountable Blue XP on it the other day using Easeus Partition Manager so I could try out Ubuntu After resizing my computer rebooted and it went into the screen where I could choose to boot in safe mode Restore to last known configuration and Start normally I chose to restore to the last known configuration if Unmountable Boot Volume Blue Screen I remember correctly It booted up into Windows and after the login screen the new device manager popped up saying new volume found and whether or not I wanted to continue but I accidently closed it Then I went ahead and named the partition that was created and began the install but the install failed for some reason I think it was because of a corrupted file Then when i rebooted my computer went into the screen where I could choose to boot in safe mode Restore to last known configuration and Start normally again I chose to restore to the last known configuration once again and decided to give up on the install and went to resize my partition back to normal size But this time after going into the screen with the safe mode options none of the options would work and it would go into the blue screen saying Unmountable Boot Volume and windows has to shut down to prevent damage It shows the windows logo for a second and instantly goes back to the blue screen I tried rebooting numerous times but it never worked I gets the error x ED x FE xC x x when trying to restore to the last known configuration Can someone please help me Thanks

A:Unmountable Boot Volume Blue Screen

always dangerous doing what you tried to do ,i will assume you backed up all your important data before you started all this .
i would boot to the winxp cd ,go to recovery console and at the prompt ,type in FIXMBR , if that fails to fix you boot problem i would boot to the winxp cd ,and chose to reinstall window ,delete the partitions ,and here i would created the 2 partition ,one for winxp and one for ubuntu ,install winxp on the first one ,then after you get it all working install ubuntu on the other

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/347756/unmountable-boot-volume-blue-screen/
Relevancy 76.11%

I had a missing dll file and some software would not launch Used a resgistery fix software which seemed to work well but my email software was not working properly The support tech advised me to restore the backup from the registery cleanup then reboot my system and reinstall a different version that would not mess with my email screen Boot blue Volume Unmountable software I restored and when I tried to Reboot I got the blue screen Unmountable Boot Volume Researched this with Unmountable Boot Volume blue screen Dell support my computer is a series Dell rebooted to the utility partition and ran the dell diagnostics When it checked my hard drive the test failed with error oFoo A BUT the seek s m a r t start unit stop unit passed the verify failed giving me the same error I restarted and ran IDE diagnostics and received an error I then went back to the dell support site to find the only option they have is for me to restore which of course means I loose all data and drivers If I truly must restore can I possible save information from my hard Unmountable Boot Volume blue screen drive by connecting to an external hard drive I was told this may be possible through the IDE port not sure what or where this port is and if this is truly possible Seems to me I would need another computer networked to my sick computer to save data if that is even possible Suggestions nbsp

A:Unmountable Boot Volume blue screen

You can run XP Repair with their Windows XP disk:
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
No need to lose everything that way....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unmountable-boot-volume-blue-screen.760718/
Relevancy 76.11%

cant get to my desktop, and in a roundabout manner by pressing the F8 button, then one of the selections I get this blue screen with the UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_ VOLUME message. have to press the power button to exit and CPU powers down.

If someone can assist with detailed instruction on how to get back to a desktop.

I have a Dell 8300 Dimension 8300 Series
Bios version A05
3.2 GHZ
Level 2 Cache: 512kb Integrated

I do have the XP home edition disk and have gone into the "Boot Menu" selected the option that states to boot from the "CD Rom" (where the XP disk is in) yet when I select this option, it goes back to that initial screen (not the blue screen) that give options that any of them take me back to "Circle" of coming back to this screen.

any help and detailed instruction is appreciated

A:UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_ VOLUME blue screen message

just tried to boot from the XP disk again and this time I got to the XP disk .....recieved 3 options,

To set up Windows XP now, press Enter

To repair a Windos XP installation using Recovery Console, press R

To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3
so, I press the "R" key and nothing happened?? waited and pressed again, nothing??? had to then press F3 to Quit (as indicated) and nothing happened as well. As I know I did not want to set up Windows I did not press Enter.....I had to press the power button on the CPU to shut this screen down and the cpu

just providing additional insight......

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unmountable_boot_-volume-blue-screen-message.859276/
Relevancy 76.11%

There is a blue (light blue color) volume icon in the middle of the screen that won't go away and it pops up randomly.

This is NOT a normal volume icon (it's not a Windows icon, any type of Media Player, Gadget or monitor icon) - it pops up without me typing OR pushing buttons OR playing media files. It disappears randomly as well.
My cursor goes behind the bar and can't be closed.

I have Windows 7 and tried different Spyware & Anti-Virus programs, but didn't find anything. I've searched on forums, but I can find only about volume icons that are as a result of monitors (which is not the case here) and so on.

I've also shut down the computer, but after some time it pops up again.

There are some questions on this site about a similar problem but no useful answers so far.

Advice anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-volume-icon-in-the-middle-of-the-screen.959683/
Relevancy 76.11%

hi,I'm under Vista 32 bits and I'have a blue screen when starting. UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUMEError 0x000000ed (0x878f6610,0xc00000b5,0x00000000,0x0000000)I can't boot and I can't load Vista. The Blue screen also appear on the Safe Mode.I can't enter into the Safe Mode.I also start with a boot cd disk and it takes very long time to load. I'd like to make a restoration, but i can do it. Really need your help to fix this issue, thank you.

A:Blue screen - Unmountable Boot Volume

I could fix it and now, my laptop seems to be running well.

When finnished running sfc /scannow , I got the following message : "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example
C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log"

Do you need the CBS.log ?

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/303697-blue-screen-unmountable-boot-volume.html
Relevancy 76.11%

unmountable boot volume with 0xc...185
trid alrrdy
chkdsk /r
and
chkdsk/p fixboot
but it did not help
my win loads in safe mode
please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Relevancy 76.11%

There is a blue (light blue color) volume icon in the middle of the screen that won't go away and it pops up randomly.

It doesn't look like a Windows icon, any type of Media Player or anything else I can rocegnize - it pops up without me typing OR pushing buttons OR playing media files. It disappears randomly as well.
My cursor goes behind the bar and can't be closed.

I have Windows Vista. I've searched on forums, but I can find only about volume icons that are as a result of monitors (which is not the case here) and so on.

It used to pop-up every once in a while and disappear, but now it's been there non stop for a couple of months.

Advice anyone?

Relevancy 76.11%

Hello,

I received a blue screen - unmountable boot volume. I went to another computer to research how to fix it. I inserted my windows xp cd, went to recovery, typed in chkdsk and I was able to restart my computer after that completed.

However, the computer froze up again, like it was doing previously, and I would appreciate help to know what else to do. I would like to also know what caused this problem, ie virus.

Thank you,

RR

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-unmountable-boot-volume.835270/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello I am hoping I can get this problem solved So pretty much last night my laptop hpdv windows was working perfectly The next morning when I turn it on it goes to the Blue screen of death and says quot Volume Screen Boot Unmountable Blue Unmountable Boot Volume quot it then restarts itself and gives me two options Repair or start windows normally I attempt to repair but the repair screen stays black for minutes I try to F into safe mode but I get the blue screen before I can even get to safe mode I then remove the hard drive from the dead laptop and connect it to a spare working laptop When I attempt to open it gives me the error quot Drive not accessible The parameter is incorrect quot I then burn Ubuntu LTS to a CD Unmountable Boot Volume Blue Screen and try to install Unmountable Boot Volume Blue Screen it on the spare laptop lenovo G s windows and I get An error Unmountable Boot Volume Blue Screen occurred quot Nonetype object has no attribute 'get info' So I'm not sure what to do next I ultimately just want to get the data off of my dead drive

A:Unmountable Boot Volume Blue Screen

UPDATE: I ended up going over to a friends, and he had a program that was able to get all of my important data off of my "dead drive". I'm extremely relieved. Guess I'll end up scraping the hard drive now. I'll probably use the laptop for parts. It's been with me for 7 years, and I have to admit I'm a bit sad to see it go.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/unmountable-boot-volume-blue-screen-892193.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I have desktop PC which displays a blue screen with a message "unmountable boot voulme". I did a bootup using a windows XP pro CD and after performing a repair, i am able to load the OS and use the computer. But if i restart the PC again, i am getting the same blue screen message. I have to repair the OS volume using a Windows XPpro CD and then again i have to reboot it. Can someone suggest me a permanent solution to repair the boot volume ?

A:Blue screen with unmountable boot volume

Have you tried doing a new clean install of Windows? Repairing doesn't always repair things. Backup your important data and do a clean install.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-with-unmountable-boot-volume.763544/
Relevancy 76.11%

Computer is not booting up. I see the HP logo with the spinning circles underneath. Then it goes to the blue screen stating an error and that it must restart. Error says unmountable_boot_volume. Screen then goes back to black with the HP logo with Automatic Repair under. Then screen goes black - never repairs. Continues to stay black with no further options. What to do?  Also to note - I have attempted f10 in attempts to test the hard drive; however, there is no diagnostics option!? I only have options for Main, Security, System Config, and Exit. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/unmountable-boot-volume-automatic-repair-black-screen-not/td-p/5703243
Relevancy 75.25%

I cant even start it I have to tap f8 to get to the advance option menu then disable automtic restart on system failure to see the errors please help asap!

A:Unmountable Boot Volume Blue Screen Of Death Help!

Boot from your XP disk, choose recovery console, and run a chkdsk /r. If chkdsk failes with unrecoverable errors your hard drive is bad. If it boot, check the event viewer for any disk errors in the system log to see if the drive is on its way out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unmountable-boot-volume-blue-screen-of-death-help.1078413/
Relevancy 75.25%

I think I have a virus. I was online and knew as soon as I did it. I turned off my computer.
When I turned it back on, I got the blue screen with unmountable Boot message. I tried rebooting system with my xp installation disk but it didn't even read the cd and I just got the blue screen again.
Is there any way to fix this? Thank you for your help.

A:Unmountable boot volume message XP blue screen...please help

G'day pleasehelpme62, ...." I was online and knew as soon as I did it "...what exactly does that mean ?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/532230/unmountable-boot-volume-message-xp-blue-screenplease-help/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hello I m new to this so please forgive my mistakes After playing a game an it crashed I did an emergency shut down while it was recovering volume Unmountable screen, boot Blue Death I know stupid thing to do well when restarting my pc I get the as far as the boot screen then goes to the blue screen with quot unmountable boot volume quot at the bottom Blue Death screen, Unmountable boot volume It had Stop X ED then several more numbers Blue Death screen, Unmountable boot volume like this I can t get any further than this Blue Death screen, Unmountable boot volume even when trying all safe modes it goes to the same blue screen I did try f and got to Boot device menu and did a hard drive diagnostics and it came up Drive Samsung SP C - Fail return code After going thru the forum at Dell I have a dell xps I got a response stating I need a new hard drive which scares me to death especially since this pc is only a year and a half years old I also have the option to speak to a tech from Dell for since my warranty is up just recently Does anyone think I have a chance of saving my hard drive Should I try a tech Please help any help is so greatly appreciated Suzi nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-death-screen-unmountable-boot-volume.105452/
Relevancy 75.25%

Please can somebody help me I keep getting the blue screen error Unmountable Boot volume x ED error when I Volume Screen ERROR! Unmountable Boot Blue start my Windows XP Pro computer It happened a day ago when my computer crashed and I stupidly switched the mains power off I have tried all the options safe mode last known good configuration etc and it all ends up with the Unmountable boot volume error I have read previous posts about using the Win XP CD and running the recovery console and running chkdsk p or chkdsk r but I can t find my WIN XP CD I have downloaded the boot diskettes from MS website and tried using them instead and it does load the files but when the th disk Blue Screen ERROR! Unmountable Boot Volume is in instead of a welcome screen so that I can get into recovery console another blue screen error appears with the error code x B I really don t know what to do now Is that another error all together or is it related to the Unmountable boot Volume error Any ideas of what i can do next please If there s really nothing that can be done to fix this is there anyway I can still backup my files or is that too late One thing I noticed is that when I type dir w in DOS prompt there are only files on there does that mean I have lost all my files or is it because of this error that I can t acces them Sorry about all the questions any suggestions help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 75.25%

Hi I m Boot, Thinkpad an and HELP -- Unmountable a Volume screen blue IBM having problems with the Unmountable Volume Boot, a blue screen and an IBM Thinkpad -- HELP Unmountable Boot Volume error and the quot Blue Screen of Death quot So I had a trojan virus and it spiraled into something completely horrible I don t have the Windows XP CD or at least I don t think I do I found a packet for Windows XP that has a bunch of discs that say Windows XP Developer Windows XP Update Windows XP media center etc Everything I do it goes to the blue screen If I go to safe mode it goes to a blue screen If I start it normally gt blue screen I try to to do the ThinkVantage button I ve an IBM Thinkpad gt blue screen Now all I can do is get into the BIOS but from there I don t know what to do I don t have any discs floppy discs etc I can download something onto a USB That s about it but I really a lot need help nbsp

A:Unmountable Volume Boot, a blue screen and an IBM Thinkpad -- HELP

A search at Microsoft Knowledge base site found this; http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555302 , and this one may help also here,http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315403, http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/43519-windows-xp-blue-screen-of-death-stop-codes/ , then scroll way down to that error you get. These articles causes and solutions do apply only to a IDE older type hard drives, so if your drive is a serial ATA, (SATA), then other searches are needed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unmountable-volume-boot-a-blue-screen-and-an-ibm-thinkpad-help.973731/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi guys I have these problems with my dell xps m1330 and I also can't boot into safe mode, what do I do? Also when I try to reinstall windows from USB it loads a black screen with movable mouse.

A:Boot mount volume blue screen with other errors

Try resetting your BIOS hardware/software connections.Shut down and turn off the computer.
Unplug the computer from the wall or surge protector (then remove the battery if it is a laptop).
"Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station, disconnect
cables to printers or devices such as external monitors, USB memory sticks or SD cards, headset or external speakers, mouse or auxiliary keyboard, turn off WIFI and Bluetooth wireless devices." (Use Hard Reset to Resolve Hardware and Software Issues HP Pavilion dv5000 Notebook PC series - HP Customer Care (United States - English))
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds. This closes the circuit and ensures all
power from components is drained to clear the software connections between the BIOS
and hardware and clear any corruption in the temporary memory.
(If it is a laptop, plug the battery back into the laptop and then) Plug the computer back into the wall. Do not reconnect any unnecessary peripherals; monitor, keyboard,
and mouse should suffice and be the only peripherals reconnected.
Turn it on to reinitialize the software connections between the BIOS and hardware

You should also clear the CMOS through the BIOS (see your system manual for how to get into the BIOS): Open your BIOS, go to the EXIT screen, load setup/optimized defaults, save, and exit.

How To Clear CMOS (Reset BIOS)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/234661-boot-mount-volume-blue-screen-other-errors.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi everybody,

I hope all of you in a best state of health.

Please Guys I have a huge problems with my computer. All my files on my computer.

The problem with the computer is the death blue screen unmount boot volume. I tried to go to mode safe but doesn't work. I restart my computer more than 6 times still the same.

I am worried because I have so many files and I worried that I might lost this files.

so, does death blue screen unmount boot volume damage my hard desk and how would I know if my hard desk is damaged??? and please explain to me what is blue screen unmount boot volume and why it happens

Also, I am doing recovery to my computer right now I hope it works.

I would really appreciate your help,

thank you in advance,

A:death blue screen unmount boot volume

Unmountable Boot Volume
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555302

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/death-blue-screen-unmount-boot-volume.633540/
Relevancy 75.25%

Blue screen comes up and thats as far as you get just keeps reloading same screen and can't get to safe mode. Is there a virus  causing this?Mod Edit moved to XP from AII. ~~ boopme

A:MOVED...Blue Screen Unmountable Boot Volume

What is your Operating System and what were you doing before this started?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/525907/movedblue-screen-unmountable-boot-volume/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi helpers It's a very strange situation I am stuck on since yesterday When I turned on my laptop yesterday that windows did not load properly and came up with Blue Screen of death with this 'Unmountable Boot Volume' error After tons of research online I found so many different tricks to get it working but no luck so far I can't boot my laptop at all I get to the Windows Recovery Page which gives screen Blue boot unmountable >> death volume of me options Launch Startup Repair Recommended gt gt This doesn't work comes up with the windows background with a Blue screen of death >> unmountable boot volume cursor and stays there for ever no dialogue box or anything Start Windows Normally gt gt This keeps me putting into the blue screen of death loop So I then inserted the Win DVD to boot windows from there and perform Start-Up Repair gt gt That's doesn't seems to be working either I have also performed the chkdsk chkdsk r chkdsk f r but NO luck at all Tried bootrec fixboot bootrec fixmbr But that did not helped either I am not sure what has caused this problem but it is just doing my nut in now I got partitions on my HDD with Operating System with some data under my user profile and partition with all my data I am wondering if there's anyway I can get round of this situation and get it fixed if not then If I did a clean install then WILL I LOSE BOTH THE PARTITIONS or the one with just the operating system on it Plus if it's just the operating system partition which will be lost then anyway to get my personal data out from there Guys your help will be really appreciated Thanks very much Cheers

A:Blue screen of death >> unmountable boot volume

Boot from install DVD and enter command prompt

Code:
diskpart
list vol
exit
Is the win7 partition listed there? It can have another drive leter as C!! Assume in this example it's D

Code:
diskpart
select vol D:
detail part
detail vol
exit
post output

Code:

chkdsk /r D:
Errors? repaired?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/289794-blue-screen-death-unmountable-boot-volume.html
Relevancy 75.25%

This morning when I started my computer I got a blue screen error of unmountable boot volume I have read a couple of other posts so I have some idea how to proceed with the recovery mode of the Windows CD However Dell did not send me an operating system CD with my computer I have ordered one but it will take weeks to get In the meantime I am wondering if this error message means my hard drive is failing I am wondering if I should just dump the hard drive or buy a new hard drive Part of me thinks that I should just buy a new computer an Apple The computer has not worked well in over a year I have teenagers using this computer and am convinced that it is full of viruses etc I am a computer novice but boot Windows screen-unmountable volume blue I have run a couple of expensive internet security programs that have not improved the situation I would appreciate any thoughts you have on the situation Thank you nbsp

A:Windows blue screen-unmountable boot volume

larae said:

This morning when I started my computer, I got a blue screen error of unmountable boot volume. I have read a couple of other posts, so I have some idea how to proceed with the recovery mode of the Windows CD. However, Dell did not send me an operating system CD with my computer. I have ordered one, but it will take weeks to get. In the meantime, I am wondering if this error message means my hard drive is failing. I am wondering if I should just dump the hard drive or buy a new hard drive? Part of me thinks that I should just buy a new computer (an Apple). The computer has not worked well in over a year. I have teenagers using this computer and am convinced that it is full of viruses, etc. I am a computer novice, but I have run a couple of expensive internet security programs that have not improved the situation. I would appreciate any thoughts you have on the situation. Thank you!Click to expand...

I don't know if it will help but I found an archived post about this same problem, scroll down and look at the advice given by ozromie1e http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/513653-blue-screen-unmountable-boot-volume.html.

Good Luck!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-blue-screen-unmountable-boot-volume.751010/
Relevancy 75.25%

I think I have a virus. I was online and knew as soon as I did it. I turned off my computer.
When I turned it back on, I got the blue screen with unmountable Boot message. I tried rebooting system with my xp installation disk but it didn't even read the cd and I just got the blue screen again.
Is there any way to fix this? Thank you for your help.

A:Unmountable boot volume XP blue screen...virus

You need to post this in the "Am I Infected" section of the forum so that your issue gets proper exposure. General members aren't permitted to answer to these inquiries.

Cat

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/532217/unmountable-boot-volume-xp-blue-screenvirus/
Relevancy 75.25%

I was playing Dota 2 when blue screen showed. It says Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart after 2 or 3 loop Automatic repair start then it will just show a black screen with a cursor. I need help guys.

A:Unmountable boot volume blue screen loop.

Try this link: http://www.eightforums.com/general-s...tml#post459742

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/58890-unmountable-boot-volume-blue-screen-loop.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Kids were on computer this morning and it crashed. Will not system restore can not see the operating system. Tried to run chkdsk and it wouldn't run... Can not get to c:\ its stuck in x:\... Can not press escape to run system 32 diagnostics. Will not boot to safe mode.... I don't know what is wrong. I don't think it is the hard drive. I do not have a cd ROM drive.. the tray was broken off.... Anyone have ANY ideas of what I can do to fix it without a boot disk... Anything from command prompt? HELP! I re seated the mem cards and hard drive cables...

A:unmountable boot volume blue stop screen

This is a common Windows XP error, only way is to Reinstall the Operating System, you will indeed lose all of your files, but reinstalling a new OS is the only fix. Since you claim you made &quot;no&quot; hardware changes, then it's really the only way.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unmountable-boot-volume-blue-stop-screen.1045700/
Relevancy 75.25%

Have encountered a problem with my PC which is a second-hand one about years old FYI it Blue HELP!! Screen XP Windows (UNMOUNTABLE-BOOT-VOLUME)...PLEASE has an Intel Celeron Processor and Windows XP Professional OS I did not have the Windows XP disks or manuals supplied with the PC so I Windows XP Blue Screen (UNMOUNTABLE-BOOT-VOLUME)...PLEASE HELP!! can amp t do a clean reinstall of the OS even if I wanted to The problem is this In recent months the PC would not shut down on frequent occasions and so I was left with no desktop icons on the screen and with only my selected background picture and Windows Start bar on the bottom of the screen So I amp d often resort to switching off the PC at the mains power socket in my home amp seemed to be doing the trick I thought Had to do the same last night Anyway today I booted up my PC and could only get the selected background picture with no desktop icons and only Windows Start bar on the bottom of the screen Switched off again at the mains and turned back on after minutes and now get the following message black screen with white writing - We apologize for the inconvenience but Windows did not start successfully A recent hardware or software change might have caused this If your computer stopped responding restarted unexpectedly or was automatically shut down to protect your file and folders choose Last Known Good Configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked If a previous start-up attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the power or reset button was pressed or if you aren amp t sure what caused the problem choose start windows normally SAFE MODE SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING SAFE MODE WITH COMMAND PROMPT LAST KNOWN GOOD CONFIGURATION SART WINDOWS NORMALLY When I press any of the above I then get the message blue screen with white writing - A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer UNMOUNTABLE-BOOT-VOLUME If this is the first time you amp ve seen this stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Check to make sure any new hardware of software is properly installed If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you need If problems continue disable or remove any new hardware r software Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select advanced start-up options and then select safe mode Technical Information - STOP x ED x E D x C x x I m at a loss what I can do Any ideas with what the heck is wrong with my PC I fear the worst at the moment and can see that this might be a major problem So I need your help to tell me what is wrong with my PC and or what I need to do from here Is my Hard drive now corrupted beyond repair Do I need to buy a new hardrive and reinstall Windows OS Good or bad news awaited from out there Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Windows XP Blue Screen (UNMOUNTABLE-BOOT-VOLUME)...PLEASE HELP!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-blue-screen-unmountable-boot-volume-please-help.315515/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi
I have windows vista 32 bit installed on my sony vaio. I was making one document and suddenly blue screen of death saying unmountable boot volume error comes and the laptop again and again restarts.
MY CDROM is not working. Please suggest me a way to take backup of C: and D: drives and then fix the system.

A:Blue screen-Unmountable boot volume error

You could try using a usb caddy and put the drive in it then hook it up to another computer,the alternative is get the cd\dvd drive replaced and use your install or recovery disc to attempt to repair your system

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-screen-unmountable-boot-volume-error-693859.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hello the presario v laptop running XP Home began having trouble At first it started saying explorer exe had to close and would reboot but that quickly progressed to a blue screen error and would not load at all I enabled boot logging at noticed it closed at the drivers nothing new was installed except apparently some windows updates Didnt work Safe Mode Last Know Good Recovery Console-Chkdsk r p indicated there was an unrecoverable problem fixboot didnt work either now have NTLDR error Did testing on Memory CPU HDD The only thing that raised flags was the Hard Drive accessibility which was very poor Hard drive throughput was good After doing fixboot it now cant find NTLDR It seems to be like a hard drive failure But I want to make sure ANY SUGGESTIONS A Is it clear that the Hard Drive is bad and I should take it out make it a slave to recover any data possible and buy new HDD and reinstall B attempt to re-partition without data loss enough to make room for a new xp install and try to repair that way C ANY SUGGESTIONS Thank You Let me know if I m missing something or boot volume blue error screen-unmountable there is a better procedure -w nbsp

Relevancy 75.25%

I am aware the blue screen of death post has probably been up here a few times but I haven't found any real solutions as of yet Maybe somebody has an answer to this problem My steps have been From the Windows Error recovery screen I click Start Windows Normally and it takes me to unmountable boot volume error screen Reboot From the same screen I then choose Launch Startup Repair The screen flashes like it wants to continue but reverts back to this screen No matter how many times I click Repair - or even when I wait for the countdown to choose it itself - it always flashes and returns to this Unmountable Simplified Volume/Blue Boot Screen screen Reboot I put in the Vista OS disc and click quot any button quot to boot from CD DVD Windows loads files then remains blank The disc says it is used Unmountable Boot Volume/Blue Screen Simplified to reinstall the OS Is this also the recovery tool CD people are talking about Any suggestions Thanks much

A:Unmountable Boot Volume/Blue Screen Simplified

It is most likely that there are serious problems with your hard drive.
What kind of Vista OS disk do you have? Who is the manufacturer of your system?

Try this to test your hard drive: HD Diagnostic

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/257509-unmountable-boot-volume-blue-screen-simplified.html
Relevancy 75.25%

im running win xp media center on dell insprion 1505,by the way is only 12 days old! won't reboot in safe mode. stop error0x0000000ed

thanks

A:unmountable-boot-volume blue screen of death

Have you upgraded to Windows XP recently? This could be a factor, if so.

This error can either be caused by incorrect BIOS settings, a pin connector unrecognisable by Windows, or the Windows partition is corrupt. See a Microsoft KB article on this for more info.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unmountable-boot-volume-blue-screen-of-death.504725/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi everybody. after restarting windows I get the blue screen after 1 hour on windows. Unmountable Boot Volume I already did the recovery console thing. chkdsk /r. I also reinstall window xp, and even did dell recovery and I still get windows to shutdown. if my hard drive was dead it wouldn't be able start. although I have to wait like 2 hours for it to be able to start again. Plese help and be specific since I'm limited in knowledge with computers. Your answer will be appreciated. Thanks!!!

A:Please Help! I get the blue screen after 1 hour on windows. Unmountable Boot Volume.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-i-get-the-blue-screen-after-1-hour-on-windows-unmountable-boot-volume.674221/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me with something. My mom's friend is having a problem with her computer. All her husband did was delete 500 email messages out of outlook express at one time and then the computer messed up. when they restart they have an option of choosing safe mode, normal windows, etc. No matter what they choose, it says it can't start and goes to a blue screen of death with this error: unmountable_boot_volume
STOP: 0X000000ED(0X81A97538, 0XC000009C, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)
They had ran a test or something and it found 41 errors and said something about an error: IDE uncorrectable data error or media is write protected.

They have a Dell computer, XP, that's about all I know. Any help would be greatly appreciated on how to fix this. Thanks!

A:Solved: blue screen of death unmountable boot volume please help fix!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-blue-screen-of-death-unmountable-boot-volume-please-help-fix.463502/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello sorry if I've posted this in the wrong section I just signed up I also don't know very much about computers so please bear with me I have a Dell XPS M that runs on Windows Vista BIT My problem occurred after a sudden power Volume of Loop Infinite Blue - Boot Death Screen Unmountable off Now every time Blue Screen of Death Infinite Loop - Unmountable Boot Volume I try to boot my laptop Blue Screen of Death Infinite Loop - Unmountable Boot Volume it gives me to option to boot safe mode safe mode with networking safe mode with command prompt last known good configuration advanced and start windows normally I've tried all of the options above but immediately after or during the loading sign with copy Microsoft Corporation it suddenly restarts after a split second glimpse of the BSOD The process repeats all over again When I select disable automatic restart on system failure the BSOD reads A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need If problems continue disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select Advanced Startup Options and then select Safe Mode Technical Information STOP x ED x E xC x x I've also tried to boot it with the Windows Vista CD but after the copy Microsoft Corporation loading sign it just remains as a blank black screen no matter how long I wait If there are any solutions for this problem please just leave it down below and it would be greatly appreciated Thank you Seannnn

A:Blue Screen of Death Infinite Loop - Unmountable Boot Volume

I would suggest doing a Repair Installation.  You can find step by step instructions for this a Windows Vista Forums.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/530223/blue-screen-of-death-infinite-loop-unmountable-boot-volume/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi all, I need some help. It's only happened a couple of times once a while ago and once just recently. The problem is my computer screen just goes black and theres nothing I can do to sort it.

I press the reset button - nothing happens, doesnt reset
I press the on/off switch - nothing happens, doesnt turn off
I unplug it and plug it back in - nothing happens, still black screen

The only thing that works is if I unplug and leave it overnight, then it works ok (I know you arent supposed to do but that is the only way what seems to work).

I cant remember what I was doing when it first happened, but the last time I was downloading one of the critical updates from microsoft.

Any help or advise would be gratefully appreciated.

Windows XP Home
1600+ Athlon
60GB HDD
ATI Radeon 7000