Windows Support Forum

stuck booting safe mode, which doesnt work; stuck in external monitor mode?

Q: stuck booting safe mode, which doesnt work; stuck in external monitor mode?

this is a many faceted and increasing in facets issue ill try to make it as short as possible doesnt booting work; mode? external which monitor stuck safe stuck mode, in backstory the male side of my video cable connection stuck booting safe mode, which doesnt work; stuck in external monitor mode? the part on the motherboard had bent pins the pins were unbent and the cable was able to fit back in BUT problems the picture was garbled--wrong colors moving lines etc the people at a tech store told me the video cable was pinched and knowing that it had been jammed in the hinge for a while i believed it extremely feasible I finally ordered a new video cable but replaced it and to no avail the picture may have been slightly better--but not significantly if so additionally and im not sure if it was this way the first time as well the computer was displaying at the size of the external i restarted and reazlied that the laptop screen displayed nothing at startup until logged in--exactly like the external i figured that at least a portion of what was going on was the computer was sending the external screen signal to the laptop things i've tried -reseating both ends of the new video cable MANY times -turning the computer off taking out battery holding start button putitng battery back in restarting -every variation of screen resolution external monitor setting -pluggin in the external putting laptop to sleep unpluggnig external -reinstalling video image drivers function key combinations when i tried to put in safe mode via F the screen went blue or light gray and stayed that way without booting so in my infinte wisdom i changed the settings to always restart in safe mode as a last resort before backing up and wiping aaaaand - the same thing happens it doesnt boot and now im unable to select normal mode and boot at all i am on another laptop right now ANY suggestions to help boot and as to why the screen is malfunction would be GREATLY appreciated if it helps it is a Samsung r laptop and emachines external monitor

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: stuck booting safe mode, which doesnt work; stuck in external monitor mode?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: stuck booting safe mode, which doesnt work; stuck in external monitor mode?

i managed to change the safe mode option, unfortunately the laptop screen still isnt working correctly (the external is)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/stuck-booting-safe-mode-which-doesnt-work-stuck-in-external-monitor-mode-598578.html
Relevancy 120.9%

okay... so i was trying to get into safemode so i could run an antivirus scan, problem is whenever i tried going in safemode the blue screen would pop up and computer would restart. now for some dumb reason i thought maybe i could get in safemode if i used msconfig and selected safe mode from the boot menu. so the computer restarted and now it boots in safemode but the blue screen and restart happen everytime now. ive tried "start windows normally" but that boots in safemode.... ive tried "last known good config..." and that too boots in safemode. so now im stuck, i cant get on windows. any help please?

im willing to start over but i dont know how to do that from here

A:STUCK in safe mode boot, safe mode doesnt work and restarts, REPEAT

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-safe-mode-boot-safe-mode-doesnt-work-and-restarts-repeat.869731/
Relevancy 109.74%

Hello to all and thanks for helping Did a very dumb thing in retrospect My computer running windows vista is external monitor an in mode Stuck with safe only connected to my flat screen TV with a HDMI cable because monitor is broken Windows did an update the other day when I turned on my computer After completing the update Google Chrome repeatedly crashed I thought it might be a virus and tried to troubleshoot starting with a full scan running Windows Defender in safe mode Stuck in safe mode with only an external monitor I used the msconfig to select minimal safe mode and restarted the computer not realizing the drivers for the external monitor would be disabled So now I have no way to see the screen that is loading Is the first screen the logon page the Stuck in safe mode with only an external monitor desktop page in safe mode or some other page because I keep pulling out the plug to shutdown the computer In addition I have used the F key along the way so don't know if that has altered the original sequence of how pages load One other thing I have two users on my computer so don't know if I have to first choose the user One requires a password the other doesn't I was using the one with the password when I wrecked my computer I have tried to logon with no luck After I think the page is loaded I left click the mouse on the touchpad and then type in my password From there I have tried many combinations of keys and shortcuts I hit the windows key R thinking the the run window will pop up Press the delete key to clear the contents of the run box and left click the touchpad to be certain the the cursor in the box and it is active I enter msconfig and have tried several combinations to see if I can get my computer to restart No luck so far Before I junk I would appreciate advice Its not worth fixing the monitor or inverter board I took it all apart and not sure if the wire to the inverter was abraded by the hinge When the monitor first went dark I was able to see my screen with a bright flashlight But thats another story Any help would be appreciated Steve

A:Stuck in safe mode with only an external monitor

Hello, and Welcome

You will need another computer that can burn an iso file. If it's Windows 7 you can right click the iso file and select Burn Image. I do not know if the Kaspersky Disk will recognize our external monitor.

The Kaspersky Rescue Disk needs to boot and be seen in order for this to work.

Here is a post that explains editing the registry. It's from the Windows 8 forum but should work for Vista.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/553092/stuck-in-safe-mode-with-only-an-external-monitor/
Relevancy 104.47%

Hi I have Thinkpad T with windows XP professional Since few days whenever i launched my ATI catalyst control center I would get BSOD and laptop will boot automatically and then everything would be fine Then while browsing my wife downloaded some media player exe and since then my IE was redirecting to unknown sites xalab etc not to mention various ad pop-ups One of the online video sites gave a message that I have TROJ Rustok-N Also I would like to mention since couple of months my System Restore was not working although everything else was working fine I ran spybot malawarebytes trojanremover and removed whatever was reported But the problem persisted so work. while mode fine. 8E Safe into doesnt restart Disable booting automatic mode, BSOD normal I renewed my Norton Internet Security actually got Norton ran scans but it couldnt find anything Then I booted in safe mode and ran all these again last thing I remember trojanremover prompted to remove something like sv exe and i did when i restarted the system in normal mode I got BSOD and laptop rebooted I disabled automatic restart on failure but it keeps on doing that I then went to Access IBM and restored by configuration which brings back the system files to previous state the most latest point available was I still got the BSOD while booting into normal mode but safe mode was working fine I then went into safe mode and disabled couple of services on startup then my laptop booted fine in normal mode I found that now windows xp was reset to SP so i ran windows update which bought it back to SP When I restarted then system i again got BSOD but safe mode still works perfectly fine I ran windows online scan in safe mode it found couple of problems backdoor haxdoor etc which i removed its not able to fix problems which it reports as java gimmish but still BSOD persists I noticed in my Device Manager BSOD 8E while booting into normal mode, Safe mode fine. Disable automatic restart doesnt work. - show hidden - I have MMX Virtualization service in Plug and Play drivers and it has a warning sign against it Since BSOD 8E while booting into normal mode, Safe mode fine. Disable automatic restart doesnt work. BSOD lasts BSOD 8E while booting into normal mode, Safe mode fine. Disable automatic restart doesnt work. for very short time and disable automatic restart on failure is not working I am not able to see exact error but I do see that it begins with E I am not sure if this is related but recently I got alert from battery that it should be replaced I am now running my laptop on AC power always Battery only lasts for mins I am clueless please help Thanks Rajiv ---------------------- One more thing to add initially I was not able to boot into safe mode it would hang after loading MUP sys and prompt if loading of SPTD sys to be skipped after some reading on internet i removed the SPTD sys after that i was able to boot into safe mode

A:BSOD 8E while booting into normal mode, Safe mode fine. Disable automatic restart doesnt work.

FWIW: http://kadaitcha.cx/xp/stop_error.htmlAs stated, it's a matter of hide-and-seek, with no guarantee of finding the culprit.Another link that may be useful: http://aumha.org/a/stop.htmLouis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/193094/bsod-8e-while-booting-into-normal-mode-safe-mode-fine-disable-automatic-restart-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 97.03%

So here's the story:
I have a small HP laptop which runs Vista (because there are no drivers for XP for it)
It has a nifty little biometric reader for authentication.
I use it.
Consequently... I forgot my password. I'm a moron.

My friend needed to use the PC, so I told him what I thought was the password, only to discover I was wrong. I opened up msconfig, set it to boot into safe mode, and restarted, intending to use the Administrator account to reset my password.
I didn't realize that the Administrator account is disabled in Vista.
So now, I can't log in because safe mode doesn't support biometric authentication, and I don't know my password.
Even worse, I can't get back to normal mode (even if I tell it to start Windows normally).
Help? Of any sort? Anyone?

Thanks,
--Matt

A:[SOLVED] Stuck booting into Safe Mode

No, no morons anywhere - forgetting a password is like forgetting your bank card pin number - it happens.

Although the Admin account is hidden in Vista - sort of like the account named "Administrator" in XP - but it should absolutely show up under SAFEMODE.

Was it there?

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-stuck-booting-into-safe-mode-266010.html
Relevancy 95.48%

My monitor is stuck in safe mode. My husband was using the computer and the monitor went to safe mode. Moving the mouse or typing dosent do anything. I have tried system restore. Unplugging everythihng and many many restarts. When reboting the monitor comes on and you can see Windows booting but when it gets to the log in screen it goes to safe mode.Now when I boot the computer in Safe mode the monitor works just fine.I'm able to log on and manipulate stuff. I'm stumped.
Any help would be appreaciated

Relevancy 95.48%

Hello, I purchased a new monitor from Dell after receiving a new PC earlier today.. I'm getting a message saying that the monitor is going to safe mode so I'm unable to use my PC :/
I have my VGA cables and the other components (USB/HDMI etc) but I have no idea why I keep getting this error.. also I guess I should note this but my desktop isn't from Dell (it's a gaming rig from ibuypower) 

Yes I've tried pressing down on num lock key and another method of using Fn but it still doesnt work.. please help  I would greatly appreciate it :/

A:Monitor Stuck In Safe Mode

What specific Dell monitor model?What specific ibuypower gaming rig?What specific video card?What video out ports are on the video card?What operating system?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19995498
Relevancy 95.17%

Hey everyone my system is stuck in a boot loop while booting in safe mode

I was updating the drivers on my video card. I used driver cleaner pro to remove my old drivers. I then used msconfig to boot in safe mode with the minimal option selected. When the computer reboots I get to the screen to type in my password for 5 seconds an the computer reboots itself.

I've done several system restores and attempted a boot loop fix posted on these forums with no success. Can someone point me I. The right direction please?

Thank you

A:System stuck in boot loop while booting in safe mode

Try running Startup Repair a few times.

If that fails, work through these steps for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/242363-system-stuck-boot-loop-while-booting-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 94.24%

Hey all, any help you could give would be greatly appreciated. Basically I have a USB keyboard on my desktop (using laptop at the moment) and I was unable to get into safe mode normally because the keyboard was only activated once windows had started up. Anyway, so I went into msconfig and set it to automatically start into safe mode (it will do this on every restart automatically - simply restarting the computer will not make it start up normally). Unfortunately, now it's stuck because for some reason my PC does not detect the (normally) working monitor while in safe mode! so now I have no monitor with which to see my way out of safe mode, and it's now stuck like that. Any suggestions...?

Relevancy 93%

hello,

I've searched endlessly on google and various forums but can't find anyone whose had my same problem. I'm running windows 7, and when I power my computer on, I can't get past my user log in screen. I click my profile icon, which appears as normal, but when I do the icon disappears for a few seconds, then re-appears, never prompting me for my password. I've tried rebooting in safe mode, only to return to the same log in screen with the same issue. It's also worth mentioning that my CD drive is jammed shut, so without taking it to a shop, a windows restore with a disk is out of the question for me. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, as much such so far has ended up fruitless. 

thanks!

A:Stuck at user log in screen, safe mode won't work. HELP!

Did the cd-dvd jamming shut and the inability to log in happen about the same hour of the day?  These two things may, or may not, be related.  [added my missing word:  same]

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/596186/stuck-at-user-log-in-screen-safe-mode-wont-work-help/
Relevancy 92.38%

After a power outage weeks ago I was having issues with the system going down at around minutes and then less and less time after that I was told it was a display issue Stuck classpnp.sys on stuck screen, safe Windows splash on mode and to uninstall and reinstall my display drivers I uninstalled my drivers and it was still the same I felt like it was temperature related I found my graphics card Radeon was dirty I cleaned it and thought I was back in business Everything was back to normal all I needed to do was update my graphics drivers Once that was done my computer would no longer load past the Windows splash screen I used Puppy Linux on a flash drive and I have access to everything I can use the internet and access all my files This to me says that it is not a hardware issue The fact that when I try to go into safe mode it gets stuck for more than a day on classpnp sys when I finally give up I understand that classpnp sys has Stuck on Windows splash screen, safe mode stuck on classpnp.sys loaded but there Stuck on Windows splash screen, safe mode stuck on classpnp.sys is something after that that the computer can't load I have Stuck on Windows splash screen, safe mode stuck on classpnp.sys seen some people have atipcie sys load after classpnp sys and it makes sense to me that it would be a graphics driver that is causing the issue I need my Windows up and running for school and work projects Any ideas thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated

A:Stuck on Windows splash screen, safe mode stuck on classpnp.sys

Hi ,
Follow this tutorial to run SFC /Scannow at boot.
SFC /SCANNOW : Run in Command Prompt at Boot
If you want to run the command from a USB drive follow this tutorial.
Boot Windows 7 System Repair Disc from USB Using Grub4Dos
And apply it to the first link instead of the ERD (Emergency Repair CD).

Generally a good tutorial to read.
Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/303393-stuck-windows-splash-screen-safe-mode-stuck-classpnp-sys.html
Relevancy 92.07%

my computer will not boot up right it is always in safe mode no matter what and my cd rom will not work it says device failier please help

A:computer stuck in safe mode and cdrom wont work

While you're in safe mode, go to device manager and remove any exact duplicates of anything there.Restart and see if you're in normal mode.
Device manager = my computer/control panel/system/device manager

It may help to know your version of Windows, if the above doesn't help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-stuck-in-safe-mode-and-cdrom-wont-work.34903/
Relevancy 91.45%

I m mode Booting with in external laptop monitor safe running a Dell Inspiron XPS with Windows XP SP Booting laptop in safe mode with external monitor A few months ago the laptop was dropped and the monitor was fragged I ve been using it with an external monitor ever since no problems Now however I need to boot to safe mode so I can run System Restore But no matter what I do I can t get the external monitor to kick in so I can see what I m doing in safe mode Normally the external monitor kicks in automatically as soon as the laptop asks for my username and password during startup Anything to that point is just flickering lights on the broken monitor - and then the laptop monitor goes dark and the external one takes over But whenever I follow the directions for Safe Mode -- hitting F to bring up the startup menu -- it seems to prevent the external monitor from taking over I ve tried repeatedly using the Fn-F combo to manually switch it over but no joy As a result I have to navigate the setup menu blind by guessing where the cursor is according to how many times I ve tapped the up or down arrows This is not working I can t seem to get into safe mode and I definitely can t get the external monitor to take over so I can see what I m doing Any help would be most appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/booting-laptop-in-safe-mode-with-external-monitor.716003/
Relevancy 90.21%

When booting mouse won't pointer, repair mode fit, safe in work with screen stuck black won't pc goes to black screen with mouse pointer Same with every safe mode Same with last known good configuration Tried to get built-in repair to work it tries but fails I did habe stuck in black screen with mouse pointer, repair won't fit, safe mode won't work system restore point before this issue and when I try to choose that option it says there are none When I had my last pc on xp there was this disc called Roadstarter boot cd I could use that to start ANY windows machine no matter what was wrong It was awesome This cd is too old and doesn't support windows Is there something like this for windows stuck in black screen with mouse pointer, repair won't fit, safe mode won't work I can look for In the meantime I used another windows pc to burn a repair cd instead of using the repair tool buit into the bad pc since it didn't work but same issue doing it form the CD but this one lets me get to dos After all this I followed instructions here for Method http www sevenforums com tutorials -built-administrator-enable-winre html After I did the above instead of getting the black screen after booting and the mouse pointer I now get a blue screen that says c e security accounts manager initialization failed because of the following error device attached to system is no functioning error status xc I also ran rkill a few days earlier FRST Farbar Recovery Scan Tool combo fix SuperAntiSpyware etc and computer was fine and rebooted perfect everytime before any issues started Now I know some of those programs backup the registry I'm pretty sure if I can restore the registry files it will work WHo can help with this For ex FRST - Farbar recovery tool I was able to get into the folder for it labled HIVES and there are - files in there SAM SECURITY SOFTWARE SYSTEM DEFAULT etc I'm not sure what to do next but if I restore those when things were good it may fix DO I just import those into registry

A:stuck in black screen with mouse pointer, repair won't fit, safe mode won't work

FRST is a tool used for malware situations...it is not used in this forum.

If you know/suspect that your problems are due to malware...you need to post your FRST log data into a new topic which you will initiate in the forum containing Preparation Guide, Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html .  If you can, follow Steps 6-8 of the Guide, pasting your DDS log into your new topic in that forum.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/532729/stuck-in-black-screen-with-mouse-pointer-repair-wont-fit-safe-mode-wont-work/
Relevancy 90.21%

Mod Edit PM sent asking for logs mentioned and DDS - Hamluis Farbar Recovery Scan Tool When you run it it says backing up registry Where is the backed up file I have a computer that in now won't boot but did when I ran the tool last week and I need to find out where it backed up the registry to When booting windows pc goes to black screen work mouse screen safe fit, pointer, in stuck repair won't won't black with mode with mouse pointer Same with every safe mode Same with last known good configuration Tried to get built-in repair to work it tries but fails I did habe system restore point before this issue and when I try to choose that option it says there are none When I had my last stuck in black screen with mouse pointer, repair won't fit, safe mode won't work pc on xp there was this disc called Roadstarter boot cd I could use that to start ANY windows machine no matter what was wrong It was awesome This cd is too old and doesn't support windows Is there something like this for windows I can look stuck in black screen with mouse pointer, repair won't fit, safe mode won't work for In the meantime I used another windows pc to burn a repair cd instead of using the repair tool buit into the bad pc since it didn't work but same issue doing it form the CD but this one lets me get to dos After all this I followed instructions here for Method http www sevenforums com tutorials -built-administrator-enable-winre htmlAfter I did the above instead of getting the black screen after booting and the mouse pointer I now get a blue screen that says c e security accounts manager initialization failed because of the following error device attached to system is no functioning error status xc I also ran rkill a few days earlier FRST Farbar Recovery Scan Tool combo fix SuperAntiSpyware etc and computer was fine and rebooted perfect everytime before any issues started Now I know some of those programs backup the registry I'm pretty sure if I can restore the registry files it will work WHo can help with this For ex FRST - Farbar recovery tool I was able to get into the folder for it labled HIVES and there are - files in there SAM SECURITY SOFTWARE SYSTEM DEFAULT etc I'm not sure what to do next but if I restore those when things were good it may fix DO I just import those into registry

A:stuck in black screen with mouse pointer, repair won't fit, safe mode won't work

Can't post logs as computer will not boot. Stuck on black screen after windows logo with mouse pointer. Same issue with safe modes.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/532731/stuck-in-black-screen-with-mouse-pointer-repair-wont-fit-safe-mode-wont-work/
Relevancy 89.9%

Hi today I decided to restart my PC but it got stuck at the logging off screen so I just held down power button to turn it off When I tried turning it back on it got stuck at the windows logo Safe-mode won't work nor will system recovery Note I had won't boot logo) mode windows at PC/Safe-mode/recovery (stuck not made any hardware changes in the past years I also don't think I have made any big software changes in the past couple of weeks What I was doing before I decided to reboot I was reinstalling different versions of firefox PC/Safe-mode/recovery mode won't boot (stuck at windows logo) because I was PC/Safe-mode/recovery mode won't boot (stuck at windows logo) having flash issues FF and Flash arent very compatible on some of the newer FF versions So I installed and it asked me reboot to finish the installation and here I am I don't think it's related might be just a coincidence Full details of what is happening Normal boot-up freezes at the windows logo The animation freezes too PC does not auto re-boot Safe-mode gets stuck while loading components Notably at storport sys not sure if I spelt that right PC does not auto re-boot System recovery freezes after a while during the copy Mircosoft Corporation screen with green loading bar PC does not auto re-boot The little light that flickers when the PC is doing something is not lighting up during the loading screens It flickers for the first couple of seconds and then just stops or very faintly flicks every - secs The loading screen animation then freezes after - seconds Information about my PC HP prebuilt HPE- y from summer of AMD phenom II x mhz HD upgraded from HD GB RAM TB HDD full specs on the build I have is here http support hp com us-en document c Please help me I am totally not prepared for this

A:PC/Safe-mode/recovery mode won't boot (stuck at windows logo)

Sorry to double post...

Tried reseating the RAM, no luck...

Tried booting recovery mode from a rescue disk I made a couple years ago, same result...
Picture:
http://imgur.com/qw4Sdml

Freezes right there after 15~20 seconds...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/581439/pcsafe-moderecovery-mode-wont-boot-stuck-at-windows-logo/
Relevancy 88.66%

I've had this computer less than a week. It tried to do an update and keeps getting stuck at 12%. Researching online, I've found ways to put it into safe mode but none work. Please help.

A:Stuck in Update mode, unable to get into safe mode

Same problem here... Help!

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/15278-stuck-update-mode-unable-get-into-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 88.66%

Hello Guys, Am using windows XP on my notebook and while going to the Safe Mode i'd realised that i wasn't getting thru. At one of the forums it was posted that Safe Mode could also be accessed by "run<msconfig<BOOTINI". After checking on /SAFEBOOT, my system restarted and now i couldn't even access to the Normal Mode. I Have tried all the options but am stuck on a Black and White Sceen with the options of SafeMode/SafeMode with Networking/Normal Mode and Last Known Configuration....

Is there any way i could get rid of that problem without reinstalling my system?

A:Can't go to either the Normal mode or safe mode, am stuck in the middle

Hi Faisal ,

Shut Down Ur Nb .
Unplug The Ac Adapter.
Remover The Battery .
Reseat The Ram And The Hdd
Restart The Nb .

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-go-to-either-the-normal-mode-or-safe-mode-am-stuck-in-the-middle-326279.html
Relevancy 86.49%

I was working with Adobe After Effects CS on my Windows XP and it exported my movie as a GB big swf file Normal Mode, (Safe etc.) modes work!... No Mode, booting for some reason I figured hey After Effects has done worse so I opened it That completely locked up my computer and I had to hard reset it I tried to restart it but it gave me a blue screen STOP error so fast that I couldn t read it then it reverted back to restarting Now whenever I try to boot my computer it immediately sends me to the Windows Advanced Options Menu where I can pick a number of booting options NONE of the options I can choose from work Not even Safe Mode or Last Known Good Configuration They ALL start booting as a computer normally should then it flashes the blue No booting modes (Safe Mode, Normal Mode, etc.) work!... screen STOP error and starts restarting again sending me back to the Windows Advanced Options Menu NONE of the options work I cant get to the desktop no matter what not even in Safe Mode What can No booting modes (Safe Mode, Normal Mode, etc.) work!... I do I have search all over the internet and other people have had the same problem but no one seems to be solving it fully I hope I can find the genius that can do this nbsp

A:No booting modes (Safe Mode, Normal Mode, etc.) work!...

If you have a Windows XP CD you may be able to fix it. For details see: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/doug92.mspx

Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-booting-modes-safe-mode-normal-mode-etc-work.815679/
Relevancy 85.87%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2250 @ 1.73GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2549 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family, 224 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 112971 MB, Free - 52348 MB;
Motherboard: TOSHIBA, IAKAA
Antivirus: AVG AntiVirus Free Edition 2015, Updated and Enabled

I can no longer see my external monitor. I have hooked it up because my laptop monitor no longer has a functioning backlite/

In the past when this happens I used system restore, but now when I try that it says there is no restore point.

HELP!!

A:Solved: External monitor black in normal mode but visible in safe mode

The external monitor toggle was somehow unset. fn f5 fixed it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-external-monitor-black-in-normal-mode-but-visible-in-safe-mode.1139801/
Relevancy 83.08%

A couple of nights ago Windows requested to do some updates It had it automatically picked can't mode access or "Starting Windows", safe Stuck on repair mode but I decided to look at the optional updates it recommended but didn't select I went ahead and asked to install all of them After restarting and rebooting computer since Stuck on "Starting Windows", can't access repair mode or safe mode then my computer hangs gets stuck on quot Starting Windows quot It's not a freeze I guess as the logo is still animated whilst booting but I've had it like that for hours without success I searched Stuck on "Starting Windows", can't access repair mode or safe mode the issue up on google and it seems very common after windows updates never happened to me before however but every fix solution suggested seem to vary drastically between HDD Fault Motherboard dying You downloaded something naughty etc etc I can't make any progress on many of these quot solutions quot though When pushing F upon boot and then selecting quot Repair my computer quot the screen will turn black and I will only be able to see a low quality cursor The other route to many solutions was via safe mode but that doesn't load either anymore I booted from safe mode successfully once restored from a previous point on the th of February maybe the last boot before the updates and stupidly let windows shutdown and install the same updates again I think Since then it also gets stuck loading files Running Windows Professional Edition Any help is appreciated

A:Stuck on "Starting Windows", can't access repair mode or safe mode

Hi there Dougy282,

Do you have your Windows OS CD by any chance? If so, I recommend performing a "REPAIR-INSTALL" and see if that resolves this. You would definitely need your legitimate copy of Windows OS CD though.

Hope everything works out well for you and feel free to ask more questions, thank you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/stuck-on-starting-windows-cant-access-repair-mode-or-safe-mode-960057.html
Relevancy 81.84%

After a recent clean-up of my Stuck Mode in Safe programs I have found myself to be in sort of a bind I restarted my computer but my toolbar wouldn't show up I know what you're thinking explorer exe in task manager didn't work So I figured I would restore my computer in safe mode But when I start in safe mode it said it could not execute the restore so I tried numerous times with no luck I decided to reinstall Windows XP a very bad choice It started out fine but it had to restart to start the real installation When it rebooted again it said that it could not install XP while in safe mode Simple enough I would just have to change Stuck in Safe Mode my msconfig settings to normal boot instead of safeboot When I removed the disc and started the computer again it was still in installation Stuck in Safe Mode mode and stuck in safe So in conclusion every time I start my computer it says it cannot install windows in safemode and restarts and then repeats itself HELP what do I do

A:Stuck in Safe Mode

Hi dburk, welcome to TSF..

when you restart the computer with the XP installation disc in the cd drive, does it initiate the installation process again? If yes, check out the following link for a repair installation walkthrough:
http://www.windowsreinstall.com/winx...exfullpage.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stuck-in-safe-mode-155266.html
Relevancy 81.84%

stuck in safe mode when i try to restart i get message
windows protection error........ you need to restart your computer........press any key to continue

this brings me to safe mode

unintaled the game i was trying to play at the time to try to rememdy the problem and did not work ran virus scan did not work

i have windows 998se
please help???

A:stuck in safe mode

Being "stuck" in safe mode generally indicates that one of the main system files (usually called DLLs) is damaged or missing, or that a piece of the computer's hardware is not operating properly. This latter condition could be caused by either a failure in the device or by a missing or improper device driver.

I'd recommend going back to a restore point ......

Start / Run at the prompt type scanreg/restore follow prompts for restore point etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-safe-mode.296928/
Relevancy 81.84%

hi. i need help. i downloaded something which i did on safe mode now its just stuck on safe mode. i swtich my computer on and it will load up untill the logon and i would type my password but then nothing will happen after that it will be blank with safe mode on each corner. is there any way where i can get my computer back how it was before i installed these files. thanks your help will be appriciated much.

A:Need help stuck in safe mode

Tap the f8 key prior to windows loading, then select normal mode.
You say you downloaded something in safe mode, why? And did you
install that something, and what was it and why? If you did not install
that something I cant see a reason why it would want to keep you in
safe mode, simply by downloading.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/need-help-stuck-in-safe-mode-362033.html
Relevancy 81.84%

I had a power cut i turned on the computer and it goes into safe mode, if i click on any of the options it reboots back to the safe mode screeen and wont start. when i click normal mode it reboots and for a second there is a error message but its 2 fast to read anyone help im told to re-install win xp home but dont want to lose all my stuff any one help me please

A:Safe Mode Stuck

Sounds like you want to do a repair install. Such leaves data files and program files intact, while requiring reinstallation of all XP critical updates issued since SP2 (assuming that the CD used for the repair install does have SP2 included).How to perform a repair installation of Windows XP if Internet Explorer 7 is installed - http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=917964 10 things you can do when Windows XP won't boot - http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10877-6031733.html Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/122848/safe-mode-stuck/
Relevancy 81.84%

in windows xp i tried to start in safe mode to remove some malicious files and it asked me for a id and password which it didn't recognize but should have. I realized my mistake and started in "safe mode with networking" .....still didn't recognize my pass and id. So I restarted in normal mode......and It will only boot up in safe mode now and won't recognize my password. Please help!

I don't think you have any choice. You will have do a re-installation of the OS.
You should be able to install the new installation over the old. Since you are stuck in Safe mode, if you cannot see you CDROM, then you will have to create a set of boot disks for XP. The necessary software to do this will have to be gotten from www.bootdisk.com.

If you can see your CDROM, then type X:\setup, where X is your CDROM drive letter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-safe-mode.278876/
Relevancy 81.84%

After cleaning viruses and malware from a Dell Inspiron 546 320GB HD, 3.25Ghz AMD RAM, still was getting an error message re: NT AUTHORITY/ I . . . . (can't remember the other word, started with an "I"), then a pop-up came up saying machine was going to shut down in 60 seconds . . . tried to get into Safe Mode, but it wouldn't go in . . . we went to MSconfig to set it (WRONG, WRONG,WRONG we found out!). Now we can't get out of Safe Mode. Can someone please help us?Ray and Barb

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/289716/stuck-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 81.84%

Yesterday I discovered my computer had some nasty little malware virus on it that would boot on startup and demand that I install it's idea of virus protection While I was able to figure out quickly and able to stop the program from running it would continually reboot itself as I hastened to run any and all programs that would get rid of it I got sick of this and opted to start up in safe mode minus internet networking to run these tools So while now I'm reasonably certain that whatever bug my computer had is gone it REFUSES to come out of safe mode My dad is really skilled with computers so I called him up and told him what I in HELP! Safe Mode, Stuck had done and tried as a last resort he said the best thing I could do was re-install windows which is what I was afraid of I booted from the XP CD made it through reasonably enough and now ugh when Stuck in Safe Mode, HELP! it gets to the second part of re-installation it tells me that Setup cannot continue in safe mode and is going to restart It's a nasty bitter cycle that does Stuck in Safe Mode, HELP! not end Now I've been on these forums already looking for an answer and tried some of them this is what I've done Pressed f and tried to boot into ANY mode beyond safe mode gone into bootcfg from the recovery console and tried to edit it out of safe mode hit the ctrl key a lot i see now that only works with Win reinstalled windows again cried Anyway nothing works Now I can't even get into the recovery console because it says my password is wrong doubtful even though the same one worked the first two or three times I went into it Every time I try to go into a different mode it remains in safe mode and now it's in safe mode while trying to install XP and is doubly useless When I tried to edit bootcfg to not run safe mode it told me there was an error and to run chkdsk which I did and it found no error I'm at my wits end Can anyone help me so I don't have to slam this stupid computer into a wall

A:Stuck in Safe Mode, HELP!

When in safe mode...

1)Start
2)Run
3)Type "msconfig" enter
4)With the new window.. go to "Boot.ini" make sure /safemode isn't check...

If it is uncheck it, restart Windows.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stuck-in-safe-mode-help-411566.html
Relevancy 81.84%

I went into safe mode to clean up the Spy Axe malaware. Now. I can't get out of safe mode. I've tried using all the options on the F8 screen but nothing works! System resore doesn't work either. So I'm stuck with Safe Mode (without networking). Please help!

Thanks,
Mike

A:Stuck in Safe Mode! Please Help!

check in msconfig that the box for safe mode is unticked

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stuck-in-safe-mode-please-help-85311.html
Relevancy 81.84%

My computer is stuck in safe mode, everytime i reboot it goes right to safe mode (yes i have safe mode in all 4 corners)
F8 does not work

i have tried going through msconfig and changing the settings there and it still doesnt work

i feel like i have tried everything and read every forum, let me know if you have any suggestions

im running windows xp.

thanks

A:Stuck In Safe Mode

Run Chkdsk /r. Check the Boot.ini file for a switch other than /Fastdetect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-safe-mode.372969/
Relevancy 81.84%

My computer got the "System Tool" Virus. I did some research on how to fix it and everything I read said I had to enter safe mode using F8 during start up. This wouldn't work so I found several things that told me to go to start>run and then type msconfig and go to safeboot. I did this. When I rebooted it brought me to the logon screen in safe mode where it would not accept my username or password. How do I get back to normal mode from here so I can type my password info in? F8 during startup works but it only allows me to choose XP and brings me back to the safe mode startup.

Thank you

Safeboot and Safe Mode are not the same thing. So F8 will have no effect on Safeboot.

There is no reason why your password would be accepted in normal mode, anyway, if it is not accepted in Safeboot mode. They both use the same source for checking it. Make sure that you don't have the caps-lock turned on in your reduced mode somehow.

You need to edit the boot.ini file. Do you have any bootable CD's that you could use to access files on your machine? Do you have a floppy drive?"

Do your know your administrative password and can you log in as Administrator?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-safe-mode.987932/
Relevancy 81.84%

Hello,
I have windows 7 home, and it keeps going into safe mode. I Don't have an option to choose to boot normally. I have a sony VAIO VGN FW350D, Once the VAIO logo is off the screen, i see a blinking lone for a second then it starts listing the drivers it's loading. Once they are done it shows a message saying that it is booting with 2 processors and in safe mode - directory service repair.

can anyone help me please?

Thanks,

A:Stuck in safe mode

Hello Scooter, and welcome to Seven Forums.

While you are in Safe Mode, check in msconfig using step 2 in METHOD TWO of the tutorial below to see if that may be able to allow you to boot normally again.

Safe Mode - Vista Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/51552-stuck-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 81.84%

Hello,
My XP SP2 is stuck in Safe Mode. When I use Msconfig , uncheck the save mode + apply , it seams OK. When I "check" normal boot and apply it seams OK BUT if I control the settings it is again in Safe mode and of course when I boot I am again in Safe Mode .
I only find a "boot.ini.backup" file and the contents is :
";
;Warning: Boot.ini is used on Windows XP and earlier operating systems.
;Warning: Use BCDEDIT.exe to modify Windows Vista boot options.
;
[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /FASTDETECT /NOEXECUTE=OPTIN /safeboot:minimal"

Where is the boot.ini file?

How to solve?
Thanks in advance

A:Xp Stuck In Safe Mode

boot.ini is in the root of your hard drive, usually C:\Remove the /safeboot:minimal part so it's:[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /FASTDETECT /NOEXECUTE=OPTINSave as boot.ini and replace original.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/136052/xp-stuck-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 81.84%

So, it was probably not the smartest idea, but I decided to go into Minimal(Alternateshell) safeboot. And I have no clue as to how to use command prompt. Does anyone know how I can get out? Please, make my weekend better!

A:Stuck in Safe Mode!

in msconfig click on the boot ini tab and check the safe boot is unticked

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stuck-in-safe-mode-37613.html
Relevancy 81.84%

ok I was told to run dds and gmer rootkit detector and post the results here I think DDS Ver - - - NTFS x NETWORK Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by HP Administrator stuck safe in mode at on - - stuck in safe mode Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV AVG stuck in safe mode Internet Security Enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF AV Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Updated EDB FA - B - AFA- C D- CCA FW Norton Internet Worm Protection Disabled FW AVG Internet Security Enabled Running Processes c Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome stuck in safe mode exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k rpcss C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k NetworkService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com mStart Page hxxp www google com BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO RealNetworks Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer C E -B - BC - - C CA - c documents and settings all users application data realnetworks realdownloader browserplugins ie rndlbrowserrecordplugin dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO hpWebHelper Class AAAE A- FFF- - C F- D DCB - c windows pchealth helpctr vendors cn hewlett-packard l cupertino s ca c us plugin WebHelper dll BHO Skype Browser Helper AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer skypeieplugin dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll uRun MSMSGS quot c program files messenger msmsgs exe quot background uRun Google Update quot c documents and settings hp administrator your- dacd ea local settings application data google update GoogleUpdate exe quot c uRunOnce quot c documents and settings hp administrator your- dacd ea local settings application data LMIR tmp r bat quot uRunOnce Report c adwcleaner AdwCleaner S txt mRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup mRun MSC quot c program files microsoft security client msseces exe quot -hide -runkey mRun TkBellExe quot c program files real realplayer update realsched exe quot -osboot mRun DWQueuedReporting quot c progra common micros dw dwtrig exe quot -t mRunOnce Malwarebytes Anti-Malware cleanup rundll exe quot c documents and settings all users application data malwarebytes malwarebytes' anti-malware cleanup dll quot ProcessCleanupScript StartupFolder c docume hp adm you startm programs startup mypcba lnk - c program files mypc backup MyPC Backup exe uPolicies-Explorer NoDriveTypeAutoRun dword uPolicies-Explorer NoDriveAutoRun dword uPolicies-Explorer NoDrives dword mPolicies-Explorer NoDriveAutoRun dword mPolicies-Explorer NoDriveTypeAutoRun dword mPolicies-Explorer NoDrives dword mPolicies-Windows System Allow-LogonScript-NetbiosDisabled dword mPolicies-Explorer NoDriveTypeAutoRun dword mPolicies-Explorer NoDriveAutoRun dword IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D IE E D D B- - a -B F- D D C - c windows pchealth helpctr vendors cn hewlett-packard l cupertino s ca c us iebutton support htm IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C - hxxp www update microsoft com windowsupdate v V Controls en x client wuweb site cab DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC - hxxp www update microsoft com microsoftupdate v V Controls en x client muweb site cab DPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun c... Read more

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

If you haven't already, please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

It appears you didn't attach the second dds log, Attach.txt, to your last post.

It should be on your desktop. Please attach the log to your next reply. Alternately...

Press the Windows "logo" key and "R" key then copy/paste the following into the Run box and click OK:

%temp%\attach.txt

A text file should open. Save it to your desktop then attach that file to your next reply.

It also appears you zipped up and attached gmer.exe, instead of the log it made.

Please attach the gmer log to your next reply.

I also need to see the AdwCleaner log. It will be found at C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[R#].txt

Please copy/paste the log in your next reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/stuck-in-safe-mode-839658.html
Relevancy 81.84%

I was trying to clean a friends system by running super anti-spyware and malware bytes in safemode.

I used msconfig to cause it to boot into safe mode,

Bioth apps said they cleaned the system but now when I try to run msconfig to set it back to normal mode it says I am not an administrator. 

I already tried opening a command prompt as administrator and msconfig still won't run.

Help would be appreciated,

Can you provide a screenshot of the error box?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/613867/stuck-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 81.84%

in windows xp i tried to start in safe mode to remove some malicious files and it asked me for a id and password which it didn't recognize but should have. I realized my mistake and started in "safe mode with networking" .....still didn't recognize my pass and id. So I restarted in normal mode......and It will only boot up in safe mode now and won't recognize my password. Please help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-safe-mode.278864/
Relevancy 81.84%

Can someone please help, I have a pc that is stuck in safe mode and won't load Windows, Ithe only option I have is command prompt. My question is how do I get it out of safe mode using command prompt

A:PC Stuck in Safe Mode

try ...

hit ctrl-alt-delete
click on task manager
Click on the file menu title
Select New Task (Run..)
type in msconfig
click okay
Select Normal Startup under the General Tab.
Click Okay

Click Restart now

good luck, if that fails, try ... Win7 repair or Startup Repair

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/pc-stuck-in-safe-mode.4060881/
Relevancy 81.84%

Hi this is a copy my my hjt log im currently Stuck Safe Mode Im In stuck in safe mode When I try to boot Im Stuck In Safe Mode in normal my computer freeze and it keeps asking for c programfiles commonfile microsoft share web folders ibm exe Also the DOS command opens and something tries to write to it I've used spybot over times and it keeps finding and deleting win Qoologic webhancer virtumonde windows security center taskmanger torpig spysheriff smitfraudC Smitfrau-C toolbar asta killer fasst coolwww search cimuz Pacimedia I've tried avg panda once i bought the month subsription panda wouldnt open on my pc When I try to upload norton the computer freezes and restart I've been at this for a full day now Somehow my outlook express was wiped out and email info such as port number etc windows taskmanager was disabled also Please help me Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC PROGRA HEWLET HPSHAR hpgs wnf exeC Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www rr com flash index cfmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www rr com flash index cfmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini Shell explorer exe quot C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Web Folders ibm exe quot O - Hosts www winmx com err winmx comO - Hosts test winmx com test winmx comO - Hosts test winmx com test winmx comO - Hosts test winmx com test winmx comO - Hosts test winmx com test winmx comO - Hosts c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx comO - Hosts c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx comO - Hosts c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx comO - Hosts c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx comO - Hosts c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx comO - Hosts c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx comO - Hosts c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx comO - Hosts c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx comO - Hosts c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx comO - Hosts c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx comO - Hosts c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx comO - Hosts c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx comO - Hosts c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx comO - Hosts c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx comO - Hosts c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx comO - Hosts c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx comO - Hosts c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx comO - Hosts c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx comO - Hosts c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx comO - Hosts c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx com c z winmx comO - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocxO - Toolbar amp Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion ycomp dllO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar amp Google... Read more

A:Im Stuck In Safe Mode

updated log:Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1Scan saved at 9:16:05 AM, on 10/31/2006Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)Running processes:C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\explorer.exeC:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exeC:\PROGRA~1\HEWLET~1\HPSHAR~1\hpgs2wnf.exeC:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exeC:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.exeR0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.rr.com/flash/index.cfmR1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.rr.com/flash/index.cfmR0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName = F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=explorer.exe O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocxO3 - Toolbar: &Yahoo! Companion - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\ycomp5_0_2_4.dllO3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dllO3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar3.dllO3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {C004DEC2-2623-438e-9CA2-C9043AB28508} - (no file)O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SSC_UserPrompt] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\UsrPrmpt.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe -osbootO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottimeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /ConsumerO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MimBoot] C:\PROGRA~1\MUSICM~1\MUSICM~1\mimboot.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ControlPanel] C:\WINDOWS\System32\cmd32.exe internat.dll,LoadKeyboardProfileO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!AVG Anti-Spyware] "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe" /minimizedO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /autoO4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /backgroundO4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WinMedia] C:\WINDOWS\System32\start217931234.exeO9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dllO9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dllO9 - Extra button: Control Pad - {28D44DAC-D1FC-4d4f-BB1B-ADF037C8DDBC} - C:\Program Files\Verizon Online\ControlPad\Misc\a_menu.exe (file missing)O9 - Extra button: Encarta Encyclopedia - {2FDEF853-0759-11D4-A92E-006097DBED37} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_ENC.HTMO9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Encarta Encyclopedia - {2FDEF853-0759-11D4-A92E-006... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/70300/im-stuck-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 81.84%

my computer is stuck on safe mode how do i get out of it,. i just hooked up my new computer

A description of your computer and its Windows operating system would be helpful.

Is this a newly-bought or newly-built computer?

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-safe-mode.1163657/
Relevancy 81.84%

I'm stuck in safe mode...how do I get to normal mode

What happens when you re-boot? Does it take you to the safemode screen?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/stuck-in-safe-mode-374478.html
Relevancy 81.84%

Hi.
Well earlier I was looking on this site to fix my dvd/cd-rom drive problem and seen a result that sounded easy for a person who knows little about computers. where you use the notepad and make it fixcd.reg but i did it. then i restarted my computer and now i'm stuck in safe mode. I can't get out. I restored my computer from a time before i used the technique fixcd.reg. i just want out of safe mode. im trying to set my printer up for college which starts next monday and if anybody can help me before i have to go spend money to get it fixed would be soooo helpful and maybe solve my cd/dvd rom drive problem too. well lets just fix safe mode first. thanks in advance.
Sasha

A:HELP?!?! I'm stuck in Safe Mode

Have you tried this? Last known configuration.
1. Remove all floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs from your computer, and then restart your computer.

Click the Start button , click the arrow next to the Lock button , and then click Restart.

2. Do one of the following:

• If your computer has a single operating system installed, press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, you will need to try again by waiting until the Windows logon prompt appears, and then shutting down and restarting your computer.

• If your computer has more than one operating system, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system you want to start, and then press F8.
3. On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight Last Known Good Configuration, and then press ENTER.

4. If your computer has more than one operating system installed, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system that you want to start by using Last Known Good Configuration, and then press ENTER. Windows will then resume starting normally.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-im-stuck-in-safe-mode.854205/
Relevancy 81.84%

i am running windows xp pro. it seems that it is stuck in diagnostic mode or safe mode... cant do a restore, it wont roll back. it wont connect to the internet, nor will it run any apps... ant help would be apprieciate.

How long has this been happening? What is different from how it would normally startup after a cold reboot (power off, power on), any prompts or anything?

If you are in Safe Mode (w/o networking) you probably won't be able to connect to the internet/network. It's really just a mode with known safe drivers and processes to let you troubleshoot problems that may be affecting your computer.

When your computer starts up, press F8 and try restoring to last known good configuration (or choose the normal XP Startup option you want to try).

Tell us how it goes.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stuck-in-safe-mode-228191.html
Relevancy 81.84%

Hello i was hoping that someone could help me.I went into safe mode using "System Configuration Tool Method" to get rid of a virus, from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/How...ut61.html#winxo for windows XP, but now I am stuck in safe mode.I cant do Step 2: Click on the Start button then click on Run. because there is no run on my start bar anymore. I tried going F8 duting start up, and selecting start normally, but that just takes me into safe mode again. Does anyone know what to do?

In 'Safe Mode', press 'Windows' key.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/41941/stuck-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 81.84%

HELP!!

My computer is stuck in safe mode. I have tried rebooting the system I have tried defraggin the system. I have tried resetting the system to normal. Nothing seems to be working. Everytime I go to start the computer it freezes atlease 4 -5 times before it will let me boot up completely. Ive look to see if any applications were crossing and those seem to be fine. Im in a athalon processor could that be the problem. I was told it could freeze up with any logitech connections and I have a logitech mouse. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Im also running Windows 98. thanks a bunch!

Relevancy 81.84%

Hi, Can anyone help me please, I have installed XP windows disc on my pc to recover from WININET error but although I have the use of my pc back It is stuck on Safe Mode - anyone know how to get out of it please..... Thanks

do you mean, every time you start your computer, it boots into safe mode?

remove the '/safeboot' flag from your boot.ini

start > run > type: MSCONFIG and click OK, click the BOOT.INI tap and clear the box that reads /SAFEBOOT

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-safe-mode.584121/
Relevancy 81.84%

I am having trouble with a friends pc, it will only start in safe mode, but without any icons or start button, task bar, etc, just a grey background.
When I restart, it goes to an options list, 1 Normal 2 Bootlog 3 Safe Mode 4 Step by step, selecting any of the options just brings the same result mentioned above.
I need to try and recover out of this and save important data before I reload windows, (Me)

Hi, and welcome to tsg - please post a "bump" here if you still have a problem with your PC

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-safe-mode.245317/
Relevancy 81.84%

Yesterday i asked a question about getting rid of a tojan on my computer. I got a reply telling me to download all sorts and then start my computer in Safe mode. So i did and now when i turn my computer on it only starts in safe mode but there is a black screen

It has safe mode in each corner and some weird message on the top but theres nothing to click on so i cant get out of it. Ive started my computer numerous times but it always goes to the same screen once i log in? Does anyone know whats happened?

The information given to me previously might help? It was posted yesterday (4/2/06) under the title Trojan Problem?

Please do not create more than one thread for the same problem.

Closing duplicate.

Continue replying here:

http://forums.techguy.org/security/439976-trojan-problem.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-safe-mode.440152/
Relevancy 81.84%

A friend of mine had a worm virus and we got the tool to get rid of it but she has a separate screen for each member of her family and the virus was only in one persons screen. She had to make them an administrator so we could get the tool to work the virus is gone but we are stuck in safe mode and I dont know enough about xp to help out and all I know about her pc is that she is running os xp. sorry if this makes helping me hard

A:xp stuck in safe mode

Lets try this.

start > run > msconfig

Click the Boot.ini tab and make sure that /safeboot is not checked. See attachment.

Also make sure in the General tab that Normal Startup is selected.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-stuck-in-safe-mode.177094/
Relevancy 81.84%

My buddy has Certified Data laptop;basically he came to me and it appears to be stuck in safe made.He tried system restore with no luck.
Any ideas how to return to normal bootup??
Cheers.

A:XP stuck in safe mode

Here is a shot in the dark...

start -> run (in run type msconfig) -> under the gentral tab select "Normal start up, and then press apply and then ok and restart PC.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-stuck-in-safe-mode.118043/
Relevancy 81.84%

Hi all, have been trying to9 get rid of spyaxe and spyware striker on my laptop.Following one set of instructions Iwas trying to get into safe mode- using f8 did not work , so i tried using system configuration utility ( folowing guidelines in tutorials) - the computer did not go into safe mode and now is stuck just rebooting to choices but not actually boot computer up.Now I can't get to start menu/desktop anything to try anything else! can any one help!
many thanks, chongie

A:Stuck In Trying To Get Into Safe Mode

Hello Chongie;

Try this > Start > Run > type: msconfig > hit enter.

Click on the BOOT.INI Tab... If their is a check mark in Boot Options in SAFE/BOOT... Uncheck

See if this fixes the problem.

Winnipeg

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40401/stuck-in-trying-to-get-into-safe-mode/
Relevancy 81.84%

A buddy of mine picked p the Trojan.startpage virus...

He went to the Symantec page and found the removal destructions...

At one point it told him to restart in safe mode to do some things...
then after he did that it told him to restart out of safe mode...

He has tried everthing... It will not restart out of safe mode...

Here is the link to the destructions he was following...
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/trojan.startpage.html

Says he got through step 4 and now it won't restart out of safe mode so he can run the norton scan...
Any Ideas???
Thanks in advance....

A:Stuck in Safe mode

According to that page, step 5 is to run the scan (while in safe mode).

Has that been done or tried?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-safe-mode.292294/
Relevancy 81.84%

Hello. My computer is stuck in safe mode. Turned it on, safe mode. It will not boot from the Orginal operating CD. PLEASE HELP.
Windows Vista, Gateway

Robin

hit the Start/windows key, type msconfig and hit return. Under the Boot tab, uncheck Safe boot as a boot option.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-safe-mode.638797/
Relevancy 81.84%

Having a problem with computer stuck in safe mode. I have tried restoring but it does not help. I have not tried to install anything new recently. Also my computer runs very slow. Can anyone help.

hiya,try this while in Safe mode go to> Start> Run,and type "msconfig" click OK. put a tick in
the box before Normal Startup, click Apply and OK. Restart your computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-safe-mode.956576/
Relevancy 81.84%

Mod EDIT Moved to apprpriate forum Virus Trojan Spyware and Malware Removal Logs boopmeOnly works in safemode ACER D WIndows XP Have Malware Bytes amp Avast used Hijack this as well as Stinger no hits on infections safe Stuck mode in My firewall does not load in any mode but safe Stuck in safe mode mode My virus program either NO virus programs show any infections hard to believe they found nothing something has got to be infecting this computer I also deleted some porn sites that Stuck in safe mode I found in my registry keys never visit those sites so not sure how they got their heard that spybot sets those keys as precation not sure if deleting them caused this Here is my HIJACK This b strong Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network supportRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System dmadmin exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exec PROGRA MICROS wkcalrem exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Stuck in safe mode Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer optimized for Bing and MSNO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Real RealPlayer BrowserRecordPlugin IE rpbrowserrecordplugin dllO - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - E A DC - - A - EA-DC EC ACF - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dllO - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dllO - Toolbar amp Windows Live Toolbar - FA EF- D- D - B F- A D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dllO - HKLM Run IAAnotif C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exeO - HKCU Run HijackThis startup scan C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe startupscanO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU RunOnce FlashPlayerUpdate C WINDOWS system Macromed Flash FlashUtil h ActiveX exe -update activexO - Startup WKCALREM LNK O - Extra button no name - d f - f - d - - c a - C WINDOWS bdoscandel exeO - Extra Tools menuitem Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner - d f - f - d - - c a - C WINDOWS bdoscandel exeO - DPF B EF- C - CA-BFBA- A E Microsoft Data Collection Control - https support microsoft com Dcode ActiveX MSDcode cabO - DPF BC F - A - D -BEB - AA B AE Symantec AntiVirus scanner - http security symantec com sscv SharedContent vc bin AvSniff cabO - DPF D DDB -BDF - B- E E-D F EE BDSCANONLINE Control - http download bitdefender com resources scanner sources en scan oscan cabO - DPF ED - B- DA -BF -BE C EC Windows Live Safety Cente... Read more

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below I will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREAndPlease download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OK DeFogger will now ask to reboot the machine - click OKIMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable which will appear on your desktop.ThenPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/354986/stuck-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 81.84%

My computer is stuck in safe mode and the F8 key is not working where do I go from here to resolve this problem?

Tell us as much as you know about your PC. What brand (Dell , Compaq, custom build ect.)? Mobo? ect.
Charlie

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stuck-in-safe-mode-17399.html
Relevancy 81.84%

I need help. I've tried a few of the solutions online but they didn't seem to help. a embarq "tech" told me to boot in safe mode. He had me do this via msconfig then boot in safe mode.

Well now it will not boot in normal. even when i do F8 and then select normal it won't. it's says that i have to activate windows in normal, but I can't get to normal. i tried to reinstall but all the did is install a 2nd windows on my computer.

Most of my files are accessable but I really need to get to my outlook express for my email. Is there anyway to recover these items??

Cheryl

A:I'm stuck in safe mode

Boot up using "safe mode with Network", that should give you access to the internet and outlook

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/im-stuck-in-safe-mode-284225.html
Relevancy 81.84%

Running Windows 98. Started to shut down using normal procedures, when the message "you have performed an illegal operation" appeared. Everything froze, so I turned the computer off, waited a few minutes then started computer up again. It started in 'safe mode', did what I had to do and shut down again using normal procedure. Now every time I start, I seem to be in 'safe mode', although someone told me it may not be safe mode because the words are no longer in the corner of the monitor. The screen etc still looks the same as if it is 'safe mode'.

What's happened and how do I fix it - plain English please, I'm no good with technological terms !!

Thanx - Annette

Relevancy 81.84%

Hello, I have Windows8 with Classic shell program
My problem is that I believe that my computer is running
in safe mode. Please Help

Thank you,
Searda :)

A:Safe Mode (stuck)

If you are in safe mode, then "safe mode" should be seen at all four corners of the desktop.

At Start, type in "msconfig" and press enter. Go to the boot tab. Is "Safe boot" checked? If so, uncheck it and then click Apply and OK then reboot.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/safe-mode-stuck-719617.html
Relevancy 81.84%

Hi This machine has been for PC Help safe mode in stuck stuck in safe mode for a while now its spent most of its life in england but got malware as soon as it moved to spain A friend tried to 'fix' Help for PC stuck in safe mode it and he said it ended up in safe mode but was still working I've been through the First Steps post and attached the Panda scan below is the Hijackthis log Any help would be really appreciated Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at VIRUS ALERT on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system brsvc a exe C WINDOWS system brss a exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C Program Files Common Files Help for PC stuck in safe mode Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www bbc co uk sn prehistoric life R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - D - EE -B - CE F - no file O - BHO no name - A A -DA - F-A C-F F CD - no file O - BHO WWE Toolbar - A A -BACC- D -B F - F CCAB ED - C PROGRA PRODEG PRODEG DLL O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO no name - E EA - B - D - D-C DC B - no file O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar no name - A - F - ECD-A E - B D FF - no file O - Toolbar WWE Toolbar - A A -BACC- D -B F - F CCAB ED - C PROGRA PRODEG PRODEG DLL O - HKLM Run ViewMgr C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run RemoveCpl RemoveCpl exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run PWRISOVM EXE C PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE O - HKLM Run PP SE Reminder quot C Program Files Scansoft PaperPort WebEreg NAVBrowser exe quot -r quot C Program Files Scansoft PaperPort WebEreg navLoad ini quot O - HKLM Run PaperPort PTD C Program Files Scansoft PaperPort pptd nt exe O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run LW... Read more

A:Help for PC stuck in safe mode

Hi mustainer and welcome to TSF

Quote:

Originally Posted by mustainer

This machine has been stuck in safe mode for a while now, its spent most of its life in england but got malware as soon as it moved to spain. A friend tried to 'fix' it and he said it ended up in safe mode but was still working.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mustainer

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 00 VIRUS ALERT!, on 21/08/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16705)
Boot mode: Normal

Are you sure it's actually still in safe mode? If so you would see the words SAFE MODE in each corner of the screen. It looks like this image >> http://www.forest.go.th/intranet/SYS...issafemode.gif

---------------------------

We will begin with ComboFix.exe. Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running the tool:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

Please ensure you read this guide carefully and install the Recovery Console first.

The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery (repair) mode. This allows us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware. It is a simple procedure that will only take a few moments of your time.

Once installed, you should see a blue screen prompt that says:

The Recovery Console was successfully installed.

Please continue as follows:Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
Click Yes to allow ComboFix to continue scanning for malware.
When the tool is finished, it will produce a report for you at C:\ComboFix.txt

Panda scan reveals some cookies which are easily removed with ATF Cleaner

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.
This program is for XP and Windows 2000 only

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you use Firefox browserClick Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
If you use Opera browserClick Opera at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
For Technical Support, double-click the e-mail address located at the bottom of each menu.

Please include the following reports for further review, so we may continue cleansing the system:

C:\ComboFix.txt
New HijackThis log.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/help-for-pc-stuck-in-safe-mode-282797.html
Relevancy 81.84%

My computer is a 2000/Me. I have virus protection, SpywearBlaster, Ad-Aware SE Personal, Spy-bot-Search, RegistryFix & the yahoo Anti-Spy. Everything is up to date, and I have been running them regular eversince I got into the safe mode several weeks ago. The computer lets me do almost everything, even download & burn. What's messed up is seeing my pictires clear, and playing games. Probably related to the color bits not being the right setting, and I can't get it to take the correct one.

I have tried numberous times to restore to a previous date, (as I did in the past) but the computer refused. I've used the f8 key, also, with no success. What can I do next? I am at my witts end. Thank you.

A:Stuck in the safe mode

when you go into safemode it uses a windows low resolution default graphics driver VGA

what happens when you try to load normally?

have a look in device manager and see if there are any ! X or ? there

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-the-safe-mode.467222/
Relevancy 81.84%

My computer is only able to start in Safe Mode. If I try using my computer in the Normal Mode, my screen goes blank and nothing else happens. My computer's operating system is Windows XP.

If anyone can give me advice on how to use my computer in the
Normal Mode again, I'd really appreciate it.

Relevancy 81.84%

my home pc is stuck in power safe mode. When I turn it on, the screen says "power safe mode, press any key or move the mouse". The mouse and keyboard do not respond. I have tried f8 and all that, but again the keyboard does not respond. The dvd rom does not spin. I can not use this thing at all. I changed the battery after it happened and still same story. It isn't running in safe mode because it isn't doing anything. It is a e machine, about a year old running on windows xp. Any suggestions? My husband has a laptop, is there a way to hook them up to each other so I can atleast get my pictures from it?

Does it say "Safe" or "Save"?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-safe-mode.776060/
Relevancy 81.84%

Hi When Trying to Reboot my PC in Safe Mode to remove Some Spyware The Computer Managed XP Mode Safe Stuck in to get Iself in an Endless Cycle of Restarting Everythime I get to the Windows XP Boot Screen As It didn t seem to want to work anytime in the Near Future I decided that a Fresh Installation of XP was required I Overwrote the Orginial Copy of XP and Restarted my Computer to Continue Setup The Computer Started as Normal but when I got past the Boot Screen The Compyter had Started in Safe Mode and I got a Message along the Lines of quot Setup cannot Continue in Safe Mode Setup will now Restart I restarted the PC and Got the Same Message When Pressing F I get a list made up XP Stuck in Safe Mode of my Hard Drive My CD Drive and my Floppy Drive and No Option to Leave Safe Mode Can Anyone Help Me If I Reformat the Computer I will Lose a Lot as I wasn t expecting it to Die on me Like that and I didn t Back up Thanks in Advance Ruppet P S Dunno if this has anything to do with it but I had Vista Transformation Pack Installed Which Modifys Various System Files nbsp

Relevancy 81.84%

I have tried to uncheck the safe mode boot, it keeps coming back every time I reboot the computer.  How do I make it stop?
using: Windows 8.1.
Help!!!!!!
thank you

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a19a1843-041b-468d-bcdf-a99b4f64aad6/stuck-in-safe-mode?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 81.84%

hello my friends has windows 2000 me.has been locked in safe mode keeps rebooting to the safe mode.when i first tryed the mouse won;t work so installed new one works fine,but still in safe mode.has old gateway desk top,with 128mg ram,20gb hard drive.what to do,
thanks

Start
RUN:
msconfig
Select the BOOT.INI tab and make sure /SAFEBOOT is not checked, then reboot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-safe-mode.362808/
Relevancy 81.84%

My computer flipped over to safe mode, now I cant get it out. I have run my scans, deleted viruses and it still wont go back...Now what?

So every time you boot it will start in Safe Mode?
Could be your boot.ini file. To view your boot.ini file go Start>Run and type msconfig into the box and hit enter. Select the Boot tab and see if the /safemode box is checked.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stuck-in-safe-mode-479985.html
Relevancy 81.84%

Hi I was hoping one of the experts here could help me out My work computer running - Stuck safe mode in windows XP was infected with smitfraud and I followed one of the Stuck in safe mode - tutorials on the Symantek site to try to remove it I attempted to start the computer in safe mode by going to start gt run gt msconfig and then selecting SAFEBOOT under the BOOT INI tab While attempting to start in safe mode I get the following error The system could not log you on Make sure your username and domain are correct then type your password again Well the username and password are correct but there is no where to select change the domain so I can t start in safe mode However since I checked SAFEBOOT in msconfig it is continually trying to boot in safe mode which continually throws the above error I tried tapping F on startup and selected start in normal mode but it still tries to start in safe mode to no avail Following another instruction found on this forum I attempted to use an XP installation CD and run the Recovery Console and I get the followin message quot Setup did not find any hard disk drives on your computer Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected to your computer and that any disk related hardware configuration is correct This may involve running a manufacturer supplied diagnostic or setup program Setup cannot continue quot Unfortunately I can f fine any instruction beyond this point Does anyone have any Ideas what I should try next Is there any way for me to start in normal mode or be able to re-enter msconfig and de-select SAFEBOOT Thanks a lot for any assistance nbsp

Relevancy 81.84%

I have a Gateway computer with Widows XP. My husband was trying to install Sims2 and the disk would not run so he disabled Nortons and put the computer in safe mode and now it is stuck there, he tried to reset it to normal and it will no go back, it stays in safe mode...HELP

Being "stuck" in safe mode could indicate that one of the main system DLL files is damaged or missing. Or it could mean that a piece of the computer's hardware is not operating properly. This latter condition could be caused by either a failure in a device; or a device driver could be missing or a the wrong version.

Boot your computer and pay close attention to determine why it is booting up that way. There might be some sort of an error message telling you what is wrong and why safe mode is being chosen.

Write down any message and let us know what you find out.

Here is another option that might resolve the problem.
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000597.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-safe-mode.317425/
Relevancy 81.84%

About a week ago no matter what site I tried to go to I got a message telling me that there was suspicious activity on my browser and to call this 800 number. When I did they said they were microsoft and told me my system had been compromised and tried to sell me protection. I declined. My system has been stuck in safe mode ever since. Whenever it restarts it's in safe mode. I get a window that asks me if I want to start in safe mode or do a system restore. The system restore has failed everytime.( 3 or 4 times). I guess I'm not suppose to ask you guys for help with xp anymore but I can't afford to upgrade right now.Can you help me get out of safe mode?

Thank you.

A:stuck in Safe Mode

You can ask to help with XP forever. We do not have a time limit on retired Microsoft OS's.
You are infected with a Virus. Microsoft does not offer an 800 # nor do they sell Protection.
Please click on the link in my signature for Virus/Malware Help and do those things in Safe Mode with Networking and then post the results to that section of the Forum. While waiting for the Security forum to respond, please download ADWCleaner and run that. It will remove all unwanted toolbars and redirects. Then follow up with the security forum.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stuck-in-safe-mode-836698.html
Relevancy 81.84%

hi
i recently downloaded AVG anti virus. I scanned my computer and found 20 viruses. 2 weeks later I then put my computer in safe mode and found 900 infected files. (ares) i then deleted 2 folders manually by the name of TOOLBAR and 180 Solutions. Now i cannot get my computer to boot normally. everytime i select start windows normally. it leads me back to the page where i select safe mode or normal mode. please help.

thank you

try last known good configuration i don't think it will work but worth a try
next
in the run box type
sfc /scannow
and press enter

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stuck-in-safe-mode-58187.html
Relevancy 81.84%

I have been trying to reinstall Windows XP on a Dell Inspiron 5100 laptop. I was working under Safe Mode per someone's instruction's I have found out knows less than myself. I put the Windows XP disk in and it went through everything just fine. Now I am getting an error message saying " Windows XP cannot run under Safemode. Setup will restart now." the only option is to say okay. However I am in a loop right now. I say okay and it restarts itself and comes right back to that prompt.

I have gifted this laptop to a special needs young lady and so I desperately need help in getting it back and up running for her for summer school. Any help with be met with gratitude.

Thank you very much.

Relevancy 81.84%

Ok my computer has been messed up since in :( Safe mode! Stuck this morning from something that is not running on my computer right When I start my computer I run it normally and it ends up on start mode We did a system restore and it went back to December and lost alot of our stuff like the qwest windows one care like everything Anyway to fix this We went through the F thing and couldnt do it because it was in safe mode The :( Stuck in Safe mode! problem is still the same as before we restored it You know how vista is supposed to look on the bottom for start its supposed to be all colorful and stuff like that Well looking at the picture its just plain white Every screen I open its pitch white and you can only see black and white and the main colors of the rainbow My desktop and the whole computer starts up in safe mode even when we try to start it normally that is not a good sign We use Emachines computer which is not a very well known computer nbsp

A::( Stuck in Safe mode!

There is Absoultley no way to get out of Safe mode on my computer, please don't suggest "Google is your friend" I've gotten that 3 times now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-safe-mode.698469/
Relevancy 81.84%

Hello. I was infected with the Anti-Virus 2011 virus and, following instructions on this forum and using Malwarebytes, I was able to get use my computer again. But since that virus, I have been continually stuck in safe mode, all of my services have stopped and my automatic updates (which says it's been turned on) is not running. Here's the thing: When I try to select "normal startup" in the system utility, "safeboot" then gets automatically, too. If I unselect "safeboot", then "selective startup" is automatically selected. The only way I can use my computer (XP) is by "selective startup" and none of the services start. If anyone can assist, I would be grateful. Thanks.

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerMy name is etavares and I will be working with you to fix your computer.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Please take note:If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.
If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available.If you are unable to perform the steps we have recommended please try one more time and if unsuccessful alert us of such and we will design an alternate means of obtaining the necessary information.Once we start working together, please reply back within 3 days or this thread may be closed so we can help others who are waiting. If you will be unable to respond (e.g. vacation, travel, etc.), please let me know ahead of time.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process. Please also continue to work with me until I give you the all clear. Even if your computer appears to act better, you may still be infected.If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again as instructed below, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:We need to create an OTL report,Please download OTL from this link.Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Under the Custom Scan box paste this in:

netsvcs
msconfig
drivers32 /all
%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\system32\*.sys /90
%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.*
%systemroot%\system32\Spool\prtprocs\w32x86\*.dll
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU
CREATERESTOREPOINT

Click the Quick Scan button.The scan should take a few minutes.Please copy and paste both logs in your reply.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step.Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER logIn your reply, please post both OTL logs and the GMER log. Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/394609/stuck-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 81.84%

hi, im having a crazy problem but i repaired my start up and did system backups and restores. i can still boot in advanced boot options. for some reason vista 32 home, keeps booting in safe mode and cant do anything in safe mode.
tried starting win normally and last known good configuration..still boots in safe mode.
i get no start menu in safe mode just black screen and said safe mode in corners. task manager will not come up either..i even tried to repair with the vista cd.
someone please help me...i feel stupid not knowing what to do
if you need more info ill give it to you. i tried every troubleshooting method i can think without reformatting.

A:HELP!!stuck in safe mode and cant do anything.

Hello Houng, and welcome to Vista Forums.

Check to see if doing step 2 in METHOD TWO of the tutorial below will allow you to boot back into normal mode afterwards.

Safe Mode

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/213683-help-stuck-safe-mode-cant-do-anything.html
Relevancy 81.84%

Hi,
First time poster here.
I've got an HP xw8600 workstation that will only boot in safemode. It's running Win 7 pro. In Firefox I was trying to access my mail account in yahoo but was redirected to neo. something or other page. I went into safemode and ran mbam and microsoft essentials but they both came up with nothing. I've read through the safe mode article here and tried booting with F8 and msconfig options. Still comes up in safe mode. I will await advice before trying anything else.

Thanks,

Tim
I should add that this is 64 bit edition.

Thanks,

Tim

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/525490/stuck-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 81.84%

Hi all when starting my computer yesterday after being shut down all day it automatically started in safe mode and I can't get it back to normal mode I've tried running Lenovo's rescue amp recovery which Stuck Mode Please Safe Help! In did a full system check - and everything came back normal I then tried to run a quot System Restore quot and check the SW Preload Stuck In Safe Mode Please Help! C drive which I'm assuming is my hard drive but it brings up an error message quot SW Preload C has errors Detected file system corruption on Stuck In Safe Mode Please Help! SW Preload C Check the disk for errors quot So I click on quot Check the disk for errors quot but it says it cannot not check because the disk is in use So I am lost and do not know what to do from here to get my computer back to Normal Mode I have Windows Vista I think I am supposed to check for programs or drives that have errors but I don't know where to look for those what will happen after I test each program and how to tell if it has errors will it give me a big message saying quot ERROR quot And what would I do after finding a program with an error Or In Safe Mode only some programs are showing up anyway Thank you for any help you can give Tricia

A:Stuck In Safe Mode Please Help!

Follow this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315265

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/169835/stuck-in-safe-mode-please-help/
Relevancy 81.84%

I purchased a registry clean-up program which was causing me problems with Internet Explorer (it would open but was unable to display any websites). I went into safe mode to restore by files to the date previous to my installation of the program. When I tried to switch back to normal mode (it only allowed me the option for normal mode 1 time) Windows Vista keeps reverting back to safe mode. Safe mode appears in all four corners of the screen. Being technically challenged when it comes to computers I am afraid I have done irreperable damage. Please help

Relevancy 81.84%

I may have really botched it this time. I caught some nasty Malware, then went into safe mode and ran McAfee and a couple sypware programs. Now I not only can't get out of safe mode, but several of the operating system files don't work. Is there any hope or is this computer history??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/safe-mode-stuck.842424/
Relevancy 81.84%

Whenever I restart my computer, it boots up in "safe mode" and I cant get out of it. It was working fine earlier, then I restarted it and it came up in safe mode. Does anyone know how I can get out and reboot normally? Windows 2000

Thanks.

Does it tell you it is in "Safe Mode" or does it just "look" like it? If the latter, you are probably not in Safe Mode at all, but have lost your Display adapter configuration and are looking at a Safe Mode like VGA screen.

It's tough to troubleshoot problems like that in Win2k because it has no native startup manager. However XPs "msconfig" will work in 2k and you can get the files for it here:

http://www2.whidbey.net/djdenham/Msconfig.htm

This is what "clean boot" troubleshooting is WITHOUT msconfig:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;281770

With (XP):

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;310353

As far as I know the functionality will be identical if you install msconfig to 2k.

Try disabling the "startup group" first and see if that allows you to boot normal.

You can also hide microsoft services and disable non microsoft ones.

If no luck you have to go to the device manager and disable things like sound and network cards.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-safe-mode.386479/
Relevancy 81.84%

I hope someone can help me with this. My son's laptop was infected with trojan.vundo.b and tried everything to get rid of it. I think it is now gone, but when I rebooted, I noticed there was no sound or internet. So after trying to start some of the services, I realized that Vista thinks it is in Safe mode (but it booted with the normal screen). I can boot into safe mode with networking and the internet works fine, but as far as everything else, no dice. So still no sound and if you try to fix it you get the error that you can't start the service in Safe mode. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Doc

A:Stuck in safe mode...

id backup and reinstall

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/stuck-in-safe-mode-277512.html
Relevancy 81.84%

Hi, I have a problem created by myself that made me stuck in safe mode. Long story short, i ran msconfig and set it to safe mode and it bsod loop boots while in SF. If I can just somehow reset the bootmgr or find a way to open msconfig through the recovery console, i can fix the rest. Can somebody please help me

Hi,

From the Windows 7 Recovery Console type:

bcdedit {default} /deletevalue safeboot
The command result must be "The operation completed successfully". Exist the Recovery Console to restart the computer, it should start in normal mode now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/590333/stuck-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 81.84%

I am stuck in safe mode and have tried everything that the WIndows Vista Help and Support section recommends: F8 (normal mode, safe mode with netwroking etc), I have scanned and checked for virus, everything! Very frustrated, my husband thinks it could have happened after her tried to install something but he is not sure, I am pretty sure that whatever it was he tried to install was what did it as my son and I had not used the computer the day it got stuck in safe mode. He is not sure the name of what it was either.
What else can I try?

A:Stuck in Safe Mode and I have tried everything!

I'm not 100% sure on this 1 but a little research found me this

while you're booted in safe mode, bring up the task manager (ctrl+alt+del)
select file->new task (run) and type in
msconfig
check normal mode and OK. restart the PC

I have attached the config screen from my system for you to see(i did not do this in safe mode)

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/160174-stuck-safe-mode-i-have-tried-everything.html
Relevancy 81.84%

someone please help me im a complete fool when it comes to a computer!!

my computer will only work in safe mode networking and i have no sound and think i might have a virus in here somewhere can not fix anything!!!
can someone please help me

A:stuck im safe mode

Hello tiamaria228,

What happens when you attempt to boot into Normal mode?

If getting an error please post the error details.

What steps have you already tried if any?

Do you have the Windows XP recovery media that possibly shipped with the system?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stuck-im-safe-mode-366819.html
Relevancy 81.84%

I have a malware issue on in Stuck mode safe a computer I was in the process of fixing it when I tried to restart the computer in safe mode The typical press F at the beginning of bootup did Stuck in safe mode not work so I went to msconfig and told it to boot in safe Stuck in safe mode mode When I restarted it did go into safe mode like I had hoped However I was not thinking ahead very far This computer is connected to a domain so the user name and password I was using was from the network active directory When going into safemode obviously that will not get me logged in to the computer The problem is that I did not load the OS originally and never logged in locally so I do not know a user name or password to allow me to log in So now I am stuck with the computer booting in safe mode and no way to change it Stuck in safe mode Do you know of any ways to get past this Please HELP nbsp

Relevancy 81.84%

Hey all Here s the problem My computer has been acting all sorts of weird of late I think it harks back to my killing a virus with malwarebytes Now every time I start-up the machine goes into safe mode When I go into quot msconfig quot to attempt to correct it by selecting quot normal startup quot it automatically checks quot safe mode quot and when I unselect quot safe mode quot then it immediately goes into quot selective startup quot None of the computer s services eg printer usb etc boot up When I log in as as the administrator I can t access quot msconfig quot Instead a screen Safe Stuck Please HELP! in Mode. pops up asking me to find a program to open quot msconfig quot Stuck in Safe Mode. Please HELP! in I ve done some reading and found that I need to uncheck the quot Make all boot settings permanent quot tab but there s no such option under the quot Stuck in Safe Mode. Please HELP! timeout quot button in the the boot list I ve had it up to here and hopefully someone can help Thanks nbsp

A:Stuck in Safe Mode. Please HELP!

Welcome to TSg.
I'm sure you checked it,but,what have you got checked in boot-ini
What do you have checked in the "general "tab

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-safe-mode-please-help.993386/
Relevancy 80.91%

I have a HP Mini Notebook with Windows 7 Starter. I believe that it wasn't shut down properly and now the only way to get on anything in computer is thru Firefox. It gives me a message that " Windows is encrypted, wasnt shut down properly, or is in hibernation and cannot be accessed." There isn't a password. The screen on the Notebook is cracked so I have it hooked up to a desktop monitor. On Firefox where you go to shut it down in lower right corner, you can choose an option of "Go to Windows", but if I do, I cant get anything to come up on the desktop monitor except thru Firefox.

A:Windows 7 stuck in safe mode

I'm not understanding much of that. The Firefox that I know is a browser, not some standalone bootable application. Are you booting into Safe Mode of Windows 7 as your thread title implies? Or what?

And what's this about the lower right corner of Firefox? There's nothing special in the lower right corner of any version of Firefox that I have ever used. Most have an "X" in the upper right (in some OSes it is in the upper left) to exit Firefox. I have no idea why there would be a "Go to Windows" option.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-stuck-in-safe-mode.1091764/
Relevancy 80.91%

My computer is a: HP Pavilion dv7-4083cl Entertainment Notebook, running Intel Core i5
I'm using Windows 7 for os.
It was shut down incorrectly so when I restarted it, it started in Safe Mode.
I've tried the only things I know to fix it. 1.Rebooted it numerous times and 2. I tried System Restore a couple of times.
Neither one of these worked.
Can someone please help?

Thanks in advance.

A:[SOLVED] I'm stuck in Safe Mode, can't get out.

Hi Mike Wendell and welcome to TSF

Whilst in Safe Mode do: Windows Key +R and type MSCONFIG and hit OK. In the next window that opens, go to the 'Boot tab' and uncheck 'Safe Boot' and hit Apply and OK.

Also, you should edit your first post to remove your phone number and email. It's just asking to be spammed otherwise.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-im-stuck-in-safe-mode-cant-get-out-564140.html
Relevancy 80.91%

Hello, folks. I am confused whether my computer's software is ME or Windows 2000 (I probably think it is ME), so I am posting this message on two different sections, one on ME section, and this one on Windows 2000 thread.

I really like a little help here. My PC is stuck in safe mode, regardless of how many times I re-start. Even if I click persistently the F8 and use the 'normal' mode, it will still start in safe mode. Nothing is helping me so far. I have researched this forum, and I didn't find any helpful tips.

Thanks in advance.

A:Computer Stuck in Safe Mode

If you are running windows ME try this. While in safe mode hit the start button and select the run option. In the run window type scanreg /restore. Follow the on screen instructions from that point on. Make sure to put a space between scanreg and the /.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/20189/computer-stuck-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 80.91%

I was working on a computer that has all sorts of viruses etc. I ran msconfig, and booted in safemode. problem is though that it won't load safe-mode in Owner or Admin. I can't get back to Normal windows now, because I can't open windows to select "normal" from msconfig. I've tried all the advanced start options from f8. I don't have a Windows XP disk.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

A:PLEASE help...Safe Mode won't load, and I can't get out of it. I'm Stuck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-safe-mode-wont-load-and-i-cant-get-out-of-it-im-stuck.812762/
Relevancy 80.91%

Please help. Went on vacation, had power failure at home. Could not get monitor out of safe mode. Have re-booted, unplugged, plugged in, etc. and still monitor shows amber screen. Says to move mouse or keyboard to exit safe mode, but that does nothing. When I unplug the cord from the PC to the monitor, I get the Dell color checker--floating screen. When I plug it back in to the PC, it goes black, with the amber light. When I power off the CPU, and turn it back on, I get 6 or 7 loud beeps. I'm thinking something blew even though I have a surge protector. Any ideas? I'm not technical enough to take apart the CPU

Appreciate any and all help.

Thank you.