Windows Support Forum

BSOD (black screen and windows startup screen freeze

Q: BSOD (black screen and windows startup screen freeze

Hi screen windows (black screen startup BSOD and freeze all i have a problem with my pc it randomly freeze at startup BSOD (black screen and windows startup screen freeze getting me black white or distorted screens after min the pc reboot and all go normal this problem can come or times at the same time after the pc BSOD (black screen and windows startup screen freeze finish his reboot it get me an error like this Firma problema Nome evento problema BlueScreen Versione SO ID impostazioni locali Ulteriori informazioni sul problema BCCode BCP FFFFFA B C BCP FFFFF FECBAE BCP FFFFFFFFC A BCP OS Version Service Pack Product and if i go on operative center it get me this Firma del problema Nome evento problema LiveKernelEvent Versione SO ID impostazioni locali Ulteriori informazioni sul problema BCCode BCP FFFFFA AF F BCP FFFFF F C BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product ID bucket X x Tdr IMAGE nvlddmkm sys Informazioni sul server e f a - - b - f - c b d here are the information that i see in the bsod post introduction OS -windows x its an assembled pc by me and i ve installed original win Full reatil version the system have week i have upgrade it from an old one created by me year ago the OS has week i have re intsalled it after the upgrade cpu-- gt i K with an after market cooler video card- gt Nvidia GTX with afetr market cooler motherboard - gt asus p z -v gen power supply - gt corsair tx v System Manufacturer gt by me XD here are the output from Windows Vista jcgriff and from perfmon PS sorry for my bad english - -''

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: BSOD (black screen and windows startup screen freeze

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: BSOD (black screen and windows startup screen freeze

Ok 116 error is caused by your Graphics card.
First thing to do is update your drivers from the NVIDIA website.

If BSODs continue Try HDD tests,
download gpu-z to check if your card is getting too hot, also is there lots of dust in the card?

Do you overclock your video card?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-black-screen-and-windows-startup-screen-freeze-622591.html
Relevancy 108.79%

Hi All First post here but have visited often over the years to learn about various subjects Lately I've been frequenting the many helpful BSOD pages thanks to the problem that is the subject of this thread I'm hoping you wizards can help me pinpoint the offending driver or hardware before I resort to random uninstalls and eventually a clean Windows reinstall as more extreme procedures I know what follows is a read but it's hopefully well-written so please bear with First the System Specs Specs are in my profile BSOD, Random Minutes After Screen Black Startup Freeze, or Basically this is a heavily upgraded OEM the HP m p HP Pavilion Elite m p Desktop PC Product Specifications HP Pavilion Elite m p Desktop PC HP Support The current configuration ran smoothly for over six months before the problem appeared With the exception of the graphics card more on that below Random BSOD, Freeze, or Black Screen Minutes After Startup the most recent changes were the addition of the two HDDs at the beginning of this year when migrating to SSD Before that the machine was completely problem free going back to its inception in she's an old girl I know The Mystery Currently the system is at a point where it always freezes throws a random BSOD or the screen goes black monitor goes to sleep within minutes after startup It almost always happens within five minutes after the desktop loads but occasionally up to ten minutes This always requires a forced restart with a chance of one of these problems occurring again following reboot for an unpredictable number of times What began as typically a single occurrence has since become on average two crash reboot cycles The record was four Once the system is running for at least five minutes the mystical quot five minute rule quot as I've come to know it it works fine I can leave it idle or punish it with maxed out ultimate settings in Skyrim for hours on end and it won't so much as hiccup But after being shut down or in sleep mode for at least some hours the startup problem always resurfaces in whichever flavors and quantities it decides to take In all it's a tolerable nuisance but one that's surely the manifestation of one or more drivers or hardware gone wild Like the worst computing problems this one arose seemingly out of the ether and has been in a downward spiral since The variety and frequency of crashes seems to have gotten progressively worse over the more than two months since the problem first appeared As far as I can tell it all started with a sudden freeze on July that had me thinking my wireless mouse and keyboard batteries needed replacing Weeks went by with no problems until the black screens started occurring Still these were intermittent and occurred days or weeks apart Before long the first BSODs started appearing These were also intermittent at first As time went on it got to the point at which things are now For basically the entire month of September there have been one or more BSODs almost daily uploaded for your debugging pleasure but in any case always one or more of the three types of crashes freeze BSOD or black screen shortly after startup Today's session went like this Freeze three minutes in forced-reboot BSOD some minutes in forced reboot different BSOD seven minutes in broke the quot five minute rule quot I know forced reboot up and running six hours and counting Each day the experience is different last night was a black screen and BSOD but the one constant is the crash es almost always occur within five occasionally ten minutes post startup Or at least that was the case until yesterday when the system threw a curve ball with a BSOD twenty minutes in I pray this isn't a new symptom So far the two startups since then have remained true to the five five to ten minute rule The Detective Work Needless to say I have tried everything I can think of in this harrowing driver hardware whodunit I started off investigating the basics There were no manual changes to software drivers or ... Read more

A:Random BSOD, Freeze, or Black Screen Minutes After Startup

You have described exactly my problem, dude!
If the crash (not necesarilly the BSOD) came in a middle of skype or VOIP conversation, can you still talk/hear for 30 sec - 1 minute, like me? With black screen on, in stand by. I can.
I hardly wait to find the solution for our problem...

Maybe is usefull to check this post too: BSOD minutes after desktop starts

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/347449-random-bsod-freeze-black-screen-minutes-after-startup.html
Relevancy 107.5%

This is a BSOD or startup. Black Crash, Screen shortly Random after Freeze, strange problem my desktop has had for a fairly long time Usually my computer will work fine start up with no problems for several days Random Crash, Freeze, Black Screen or BSOD shortly after startup. in a row And then for reasons I don't know it sometimes will start crashing Usually the screen goes completely black and the computer completely non-responsive and it must be hard reset to get any response at all out of it A few times I've actually seen a brief BSOD but too brief to actually read it Random Crash, Freeze, Black Screen or BSOD shortly after startup. and see what Random Crash, Freeze, Black Screen or BSOD shortly after startup. is happening Sometimes the screen will just freeze where it is with the last bit of audio that was playing repeating nonstop The strangest thing about these crashes is they only happen a little bit after or during startup if the computer is fine for minutes I know it'll be fine until the next time it's turned off It has on a few occasions come up with a screen telling me that the CMOS is corrupted I've had startup repair run and tried some kind of hard drive diagnostic tool the startup repair couldn't find a problem and the tool said the hard drive was good I've seen it crash this way in the middle of the bios boot during login in safe mode pretty much any time during the first half-hour to hour of the computer being on But never afterward I ran the diagnostic tool the results are attached to this post Any help at all would be appreciated In case it has any effect on anything my computer used to be a Vista and a complimentary upgrade was used to make it windows

A:Random Crash, Freeze, Black Screen or BSOD shortly after startup.

Hello Xindaris.

It appears that you have tow antivirus programs installed? MSE and Avira?
Uninstall Avira. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.
Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.

Uninstall MagicISO. It may cause the BSODs as you explained.

ITEMVAUUEName MagicISO SCSI Host ControllerManufacturer MagicISO, Inc.PNP Device ID ROOT\SCSIADAPTER\0000Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\mcdbus.sys (2.7.106.519, 249.56 KB (255,552 bytes), 12/15/2009 5:17 PM)The SCSI adapter installed by MagicISO can cause start time BSODs.

The Display Driver is not Up to date.

Code:
fffff880`04884000 fffff880`0532f000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys
Image path: nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Fri Mar 15 07:07:00 2013 (51427B3C)
CheckSum: 00A8D47C
ImageSize: 00AAB000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Try to install NVIDIA DRIVERS 320.49WHQL

Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes, preferably overnight.

Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Are you overclocking? As you are getting BSODs, you should stop overclocking and run all the hardware components like CPU, GPU and RAM to their default settings. Also set the BIOS to default, too.
How To Clear CMOS (Reset BIOS)

Free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto start with it, but the auto start programs often conflicts and causes various problems including BSODs.
Click on the Start button
Type “msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the “Startup” tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
Let us know the results. And, is it a factory installed windows?

Code:
BugCheck 19, {3, fffffa8005182020, fffffa8005182000, fffffa8005182000}

Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+a53 )

Followup: Pool_corruption
----------------------------------------------------------------------
BugCheck A, {34e502010080, 2, 1, fffff80004079cc8}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+1849fd )

Followup: MachineOwner
------------------------------------------------------------------------
BugCheck 50, {fffffa7f8009d9d2, 1, fffffa800626b187, 7}
Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup: memory_corruption
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
BugCheck 1A, {8886, fffffa8003a29150, fffffa8003a267e0, 500}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiUnlinkPageFromLockedList+19c )

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/297800-random-crash-freeze-black-screen-bsod-shortly-after-startup.html
Relevancy 96.75%

Sometimes when i boot i get a black screen with blinking cursor in the corner, or it freezes or its just really slow; this fluxuates every other week.

I recently removed a virus but it also occured prior to getting the virus.

Also, i replaced my ram sticks recently and powersupply last chirstmas if thats relavent.

Any ideas are appreciated, thank you.

Intel core 2 duo cpu
E4500 @2.2Ghz
4gb ddr2 ram
Radeon HD 5550, 1 gb ddr
Antec 500 wtt pwsupply
295 Gb HDD

A:Slow startup/ freeze/black screen

Hi Monk77,

Quote:

Also, i replaced my ram sticks recently and powersupply last chirstmas if thats relavent.

Was this just an upgrade that you wanted to do, or were you having these issues before as well?

You should also run a test on your RAM sticks with memtest86+ There are two ways to run the test, either from a CD or USB. You will need to burn the ISO to a CD and then boot to the CD and run at least 7 passes on each stick and in each slot (only the ones that are being used). There is an auto-installer for doing it via USB (again, you will have to change the boot order to boot to the USB if you choose this method)

Both downloads can be found halfway down the page. The reason that you should run it on one stick at a time, is so, if there is a fault with one of the sticks, then it's easy to figure out which one it is.

What programs do you have running at boot? What anti-virus are you running as well.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/slow-startup-freeze-black-screen-573015.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA800A114010
BCP2: FFFFF88004A10EA4
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000002
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

A:bsod after black screen after windows startup

Hello shockandawe, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Please read the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions, and post back with the needed information. One of our BSOD experts should be by later when able to further help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/316136-bsod-after-black-screen-after-windows-startup.html
Relevancy 95.46%

Hey all,
I am having problems with the screen freeing when running multiple windows (Chrome, office etc etc). When I try to swap between windows, I get a freeze and I am unable to do anything.
The cursor can be seen moving around the screen but has no effect in any area. The Windows Key doesn't ppear, nor can I tab into another programme.
If I try and start task manager to see which program is causing this, it will not appear over the frozen image.
Is there a way of telling from an event log what program is failing?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?93064-Screen-freeze-and-black-screen-with-problems-multiple-windows
Relevancy 94.17%

Usually POST screen would show up first with a laptop company logo, but now Windows 7 startup appears first instead.

Then, the Windows 7 startup screen freezes immediately.

What's the problem? Motherboard or corrupted BIOS?

Thanks.

A:No POST screen, straight into Windows 7 startup screen, and freeze

Try a BIOS reset first.
Shut off the computer, remove the power supply, remove the laptop battery. Then press and hold the POWER button for about 30 seconds. Then put everything back together and boot.

See if that gets you the boot screen.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/277851-no-post-screen-straight-into-windows-7-startup-screen-freeze.html
Relevancy 91.59%

lately my computer just been freezing with a black screen and having issues with BSOD

A:BSOD and sometimes black screen freeze by just using computer

Hello anonymousmurder, Welcome to SF

First off if your OCing in anyway stop, return everything to stock settings for the purposes of testing

If you havent already, fill in your system specs so we know what we are dealing with
System Info - See Your System Specs

Run some scans to check against virus or infection
Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller
Windows Defender Offline

Run some basic hardware tests
RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Disk Check (windows based check)
Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure (bootable disk check)

OK thats the general stuff now down to specifics
1st dump reports BugCode 0x1 BSOD Index and doesnt give us a great deal to go on as its quite unusual and blames the driver AgileVpn.sys which is a driver from windows update so cannot really cause a BSOD

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.
BugCheck 1, {73732e09, 0, 1, fffff8800ebe2ca0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiSystemServiceExit+245 )
---------
4: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *
APC_INDEX_MISMATCH (1)
This is a kernel internal error. The most common reason to see this
bugcheck is when a filesystem or a driver has a mismatched number of
calls to disable and re-enable APCs. The key data item is the
Thread->CombinedApcDisable field. This consists of two separate 16-bit
fields, the SpecialApcDisable and the KernelApcDisable. A negative value
of either indicates that a driver has disabled special or normal APCs
(respectively) without re-enabling them; a positive value indicates that
a driver has enabled special or normal APCs (respectively) too many times.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000073732e09, Address of system call function or worker routine
Arg2: 0000000000000000, Thread->ApcStateIndex
Arg3: 0000000000000001, (Thread->SpecialApcDisable << 16) | Thread->KernelApcDisable
Arg4: fffff8800ebe2ca0, Call type (0 - system call, 1 - worker routine)
Debugging Details:
------------------

FAULTING_IP:
+0
00000000`73732e09 c3 ret
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1
PROCESS_NAME: ccsvchst.exe
CURRENT_IRQL: 0
LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff800030da569 to fffff800030dafc0
STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0ebe2a68 fffff800`030da569 : 00000000`00000001 00000000`73732e09 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000001 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0ebe2a70 fffff800`030da4a0 : 00000000`00000000 fffff880`0ebe2ca0 00000000`00000000 fffff800`033c0be3 : nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69
fffff880`0ebe2bb0 00000000`73732e09 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiSystemServiceExit+0x245
00000000`0325f068 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0x73732e09

STACK_COMMAND: kb
FOLLOWUP_IP:
nt!KiSystemServiceExit+245
fffff800`030da4a0 4883ec50 sub rsp,50h
SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 2
SYMBOL_NAME: nt!KiSystemServiceExit+245
FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner
MODULE_NAME: nt
IMAGE_NAME: ntkrnlmp.exe
DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 503f82be
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1_SysCallNum_4_nt!KiSystemServiceExit+245
BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1_SysCallNum_4_nt!KiSystemServiceExit+245
---------
2nd dump BugCheck 0x3B... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/271637-bsod-sometimes-black-screen-freeze-just-using-computer.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Hello,

I have been having this problem since a week or so. Broni has helped me in malware forum to rule out malware as responsible. My machine is clean and I was refered here for further help.

Here is my problem:

At boot-time, I see windows XP load screen with the progress bar, the progress bar advances to the end and then, the screen turns pitch black and all is see is an arrow cursor I can move around. I thought until yesterday that this was a permanent freeze-up, but if I wait, say, 6 minutes, the black screen disappears and windows then starts normally.

Last week, problem was intermittent, it now happens all the time.

Windows boot-up was fine before.

Please help me.

A:Windows load screen at boot, looong black screen, then normal startup

I had this tons of times with my old XP PC. It is normal if you have a lot of files on the HDD and you have little RAM. How much RAM do you have? What is the capacity of the HDD? And do you have the Windows XP disc? Would you be willing to upgrade the RAM and/or the OS if we must resort to that? Or would you rather just buy a new PC?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-load-screen-at-boot-looong-black-screen-then-normal-startup.191868/
Relevancy 91.16%

Hello everybody today my laptop has become blind Let me explain My laptop was purchased in Specs Alienware screen windows logs startup black. stays on screen, but Garbled m Dual nvidia go Dual core gigs of ram gb harddrive So here's what happened today I Garbled startup screen, windows logs on but screen stays black. was watch s movie on netflix when suddenly my screen goes black Though I had crashed but my laptop was still on and the sound was still going restarted and the initial screen was slightly pixellated and garbled Which has now made my Garbled startup screen, windows logs on but screen stays black. laptop permanent garbled and pixely After the windows logo My screen goes black but I am still hear the windows start up sound Garbled startup screen, windows logs on but screen stays black. I found that I am able to click on some music files on my desktop that are able to play so this is a video issue I reboot in safe mode which works this time figure to disable and uninstall the videocard drivers I restart and I'm able to use my pc somewhat normally still garbled Reinstalled the nvidia drivers then halfway through says error install failed or something it happen really fast then crashed tried restarting atleast times in safe mode but it freezes up after it tries to load partition windows system drivers mup sys All of the other options for start up even last settings to work the screen goes black after the windows logo I have tried tinkering with the bios but it doesn't help Its basically being blind using a computer So I'm wondering if there is anyway to possibly blindly open up command prompt and possibly disable or uninstall the drivers from there I'm about sure that the drivers are just corrupt because they were not able to finish and removing them would do the trick I know this is kinda long but I would greatly appreciate any help or input Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/garbled-startup-screen-windows-logs-on-but-screen-stays-black-565214.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Hello... hope someone can help me.

I previously had a problem and it turned out to be a driver, everything has been running fine since then... up until now.

Runnning windows 7 and getting BSOD, a plain blue screen or blackscreen then quickly freezes up with a blank screen.

To best of my knowledge all drivers are updated.

Computer is Hewlett-Packard h8-1114 2.00
3.10 gigahertz Intel Core i5-2400
256 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
6144 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (4 total)
Not hyper-threaded
Seems to only happen when I have firefox open, I tried clearing cache....no luck. Tried starting with fresh window, still crashes.

I ran the DM log colector v1.2 and attached the file.

Thank you very much,

Scott

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/395301-getting-bsod-just-blue-screen-black-sceen-then-freeze.html
Relevancy 90.73%

With Help from this forum about three months ago I was able to troubleshoot and fix issues with a defective installed Video Driver, but starting about a week ago once again I've been getting BSOD and also freeze-ups [without BSOD] that go to a Black Screen and then I need to reboot.

I had installed the latest Adobe flash upgrade minutes before this crash, after reboot system recommended a boot-up files fix from the menu that went on to restored the previous 'restore-point' configuration, apparently Flash was uninstalled [as Adobe/Flash requested a new install right after the reboot], unfortunately even so the system crashed a minute after again, this time I got a BSOD that reported something related to a Driver, unfortunately I forgot to do a screen-grab.

Hopefully this latest BSOD file dump is uploaded here, Could some one take a look and see which driver or what else could be causing a problem now?

Thanks

A:Sporatic BSOD and Black Screen Freeze-ups/Crash

Hi mackado,

I'm going to need 1 more log file to deduce the problem.

Please follow the steps below:
Go to: Start > Type: msconfig.exe - Press Enter
Go to the tab 'Boot'
Bottom of the window there are check-boxes, tick the one called 'Boot log'
Press Apply/OK
Shutdown the PC
Wait 10 seconds
Turn on PC
Go to - C:\Windows and find a file called ntbtlog.txt
Upload this file to this thread
Once you have uploaded the file, I will take a look and we'll see what we can do from there.

MistUnleashed

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/372690-sporatic-bsod-black-screen-freeze-ups-crash.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Hello all this is my first time posting I receive a BSOD upon startup freeze updates BSOD on screen screen, windows sign in also once I reach windows login screen After a couple of seconds input will lock up Usually this is followed after a few moments by a BSOD though occasionally input is reallowed and computer functions normally This BSOD on sign in screen, also windows updates freeze screen continues until windows tries to install updates When signing off to reboot configurations reach and computer attempts reboot At this time before reaching the BSOD on sign in screen, also windows updates freeze screen sign on screen I get what I can best describe as a bunch of staggered blue and light blue lines across my entire monitor which requires me to hard boot my computer To restore functionality I have to go into safe mode where I'm informed 'failure configuring windows updates' and my computer automatically reverts the updates Afterwards I can boot normally and I'm back up to the login which occasionally allows me to proceed I've updated several drivers uninstalled recently installed programs and have backed up all files I care to keep I've tried to do a bit of research but I'm not getting very far and this has been going on for several days My most recent BSOD info is posted below please help before my computer bites the dust for good Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode d BCP BCP BCP BCP FFFFF A A OS Version Service Pack Product Sorry also during the actual blue screen I receive the message IRQL not less or equal Thanks again in advance

A:BSOD on sign in screen, also windows updates freeze screen

Hi aballou

Take a look at the link below to show you how to upload the dump files

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/282628-bsod-sign-screen-also-windows-updates-freeze-screen.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Recently with the release of Mist of Pandaria whenever I play WoW my computer will freeze and and screen will go black for a period of time some times for seconds sometimes for minutes Sometimes it just keeps that way And a few times it goes into BSOD with the error quot Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed quot As far as screen or Freeze/Black Warcraft of BSOD Playing World I can tell it's either a bad driver og something's wrong with the GPU Freeze/Black screen or BSOD Playing World of Warcraft But it's the only game that causes this and I've updated the display driver so I'm completely lost It might be important to include that my GPU is stable at usage when Freeze/Black screen or BSOD Playing World of Warcraft I'm in-game but not overheating I've included the Dump Files any bright minds out there that can solve this one for me Specs MB Gigabyte GA-Z AP-D ATX LGA GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti CPU Intel Core i - k RAM GB Kingston DDR HyperX MHz HDD SAMSUNG HD LJ amp WDC WD EARX- PASB Best regards Oliver

A:Freeze/Black screen or BSOD Playing World of Warcraft

Hi

For monitoring the heat/celsius of the system, use Speccy or HWinfo:Speccy - System Information - Free Download
CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting
Go through the steps on this thread and let us know if you're able to find the problem.STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa8012452010, fffff8800fda8630, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+ade630 )

---------

1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa8012452010, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff8800fda8630, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: ffffffffc000009a, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000004, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
nvlddmkm+ade630
fffff880`0fda8630 4055 push rbp

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`061a1a48 fffff880`04500000 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`12452010 fffff880`0fda8630 ffffffff`c000009a : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`061a1a50 fffff880`044d3867 : fffff880`0fda8630 fffffa80`0f734000 00000000`00000000 ffffffff`c000009a : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`061a1a90 fffff880`044ffe0f : fffffa80`ffffd84d ffffffff`fffe7960 fffffa80`12452010 00000000`00000000 : dxgkrnl!DXGADAPTER::Reset+0x2a3
fffff880`061a1b40 fffff880`045ceec1 : fffffa80`120f1010 00000000`00000080 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0f6a4010 : dxgkrnl!TdrResetFromTimeout+0x23
fffff880`061a1bc0 fffff800`03f1ffee : 00000000`fffffc32 fffffa80`0f8f0770 fffffa80`0ca11b30 fffffa80`0f8f0770 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWorkerThread+0x101
fffff880`061a1c00 fffff800`03c765e6 : fffff800`03dfae80 fffffa80`0f8f0770 fffff800`03e08cc0 fffff880`01442cb0 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`061a1c40 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiStartSystemThread+0x16
STACK_COMMAND: .bugcheck ; kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nvlddmkm+ade630
fffff880`0fda8630 4055 push rbp

SYMBOL_NAME: nvlddmkm+ade630

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: nvlddmkm

IMAGE_NAME: nvlddmkm.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 506b3099

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys

---------

1: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm
start end module name
fffff880`0f2ca000 fffff880`0ffbe000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Wed Oct 03 00:21:13 2012 (5... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/260425-freeze-black-screen-bsod-playing-world-warcraft.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi all,

My computer seems to crash, BSOD and freeze at random times. It seems to always crash after a few minutes of running on a fresh start. I've run Malwarebytes anti-malware scan and MSE Scan which found nothing. I've updated drivers, run Windbg, driver validater, disabled non-windows services, startup applications, bios updates, windows updates, memory check of 5 passes, disk checks, power checks with hwinfo, performance monitor reports and I've still not found any concrete evidence that there is anything wrong except that my computer blue screens for the heck of it.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I'd rather not reinstall, but I can if I have to. I think I may get an SSD before I do though.

Windows 7 64 bit home premium
2 1TB hard drives
GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 Rev3.0
AMD FX 8350
16 GB of Ram (new as of a few months ago)
Nvidia Geforce GTX 650 Ti Boost

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/391218-intermittent-bsod-black-screen-freeze-crashes-strange-sound.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Hello For the last couple months my PC has been having an issue where the screen randomly freezes and the last sounds that were playing loop and then stop This can happen while playing a game be it Hearthstone Batman Arkham City any game Can also happen when using any web based flash like YouTube Twitch etc But I have also had freezes about a minute after logging on without even doing any of the above CPU temperatures right before freeze appear normal and the fans stay at about the same speeds when screen no - BSOD Black System Reboot Hard Freeze, Random on freeze happens at least I don't hear them spinning up I am forced to do a hard reboot but it takes a few tries to get the PC to boot because the monitor simply acts like it doesn't detect any video signal upon reboot I can hear Windows do its boot up sounds Random System Freeze, no BSOD - Black screen on Hard Reboot but nothing on Random System Freeze, no BSOD - Black screen on Hard Reboot screen I have a feeling Random System Freeze, no BSOD - Black screen on Hard Reboot this might be multiple problems linked together I included a zip of my computer's SF Diangostic Tool report Thanks for taking a look at this problem all help is welcome and appreciated

A:Random System Freeze, no BSOD - Black screen on Hard Reboot

That definitely sounds like a graphics driver related issue, if not then a hardware failure in your GPU. I would recommend updating your graphics driver by booting into safe mode (F8 on startup).
Uninstall the current ones via the control panel.
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/327207-random-system-freeze-no-bsod-black-screen-hard-reboot.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I will just be generally using my laptop browsing the internet or using programs such as photoshop and my system will freeze up for about 10 seconds and then will turn to a black screen forcing me to shut the system down via the power button. This happens at least once a day and most commonly occurs when opening photoshop. My laptop is a Packard bell EasyNote TE69KB, ive been looking for solutions for days but nothing seemed to help.
Please help me if you can, thanks

A:Windows 8.1 freeze then black screen please help

Your computer might not be able to handle PhotoShop.

System requirements | Photoshop

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/39550-windows-8-1-freeze-then-black-screen-please-help.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Was in the middle of writing an email when my screen froze for a minute or so, then computer shut down. When restarting I get option to repair or start windows normally. If I start normally I just get black screen for a while then computer shuts down again.
Tried the repair option several times but still the same outcome.
I am able to boot into safe mode. I have run chkdsk /r and if found no problems. I have tried setting back to the last two restore points and no luck.
Samsung NP700Z5B laptop Windows 7 Home Premium.

A:Freeze - Black Screen - Can't Start Windows

could be a RAM defect. Try memtest86+, burn it on cd and boot from it for an overnight test

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/550705/freeze-black-screen-cant-start-windows/
Relevancy 85.57%

Please help...

Windows XP SP3

I have often error on my laptop, suddenly my windows screen is black and freeze.

Details error:

source: system error
event id: 1003

description:
Error code 100000c5, parameter1 5776414a, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 805515a1.

how to fix it?

A:Error Windows XP - suddenly black screen and freeze

"suddenly my windows screen is black and it freezes"...

What are you doing when the laptop freezes? Does the freezing show after some time? If so, the laptop may be overheating

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-windows-xp-suddenly-black-screen-and-freeze.174387/
Relevancy 85.14%

I have a BSOD Standby; on Resume on black from screen startup and Dell Dimension desktop running Windows XP SP I have problems BSOD on waking from Standby mode about of the time - must reboot Error message is Kernel Stack Inpage Error Codes are Stop x xc E xc E x x DB Beginning dump of physical memory This has been going on for a couple of months When it first happened I could think of no new software that I had added recently I m also getting a black screen on startup about of the time Messages Primary hard disk drive not found Strike F key to continue F to run Setup Utility When I hit F key the error message just repeats endlessly have to reboot to get out F does bring up the Setup Utility but I have no idea what to do on that screen Here is my HighJackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support BSOD on Resume from Standby; and black screen on startup AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X lxddserv exe C WINDOWS System DSentry exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe C WINDOWS system lxddcoms exe C Program Files Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxddmon exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxddamon exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements apdproxy exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C Program Files Comcast Desktop Doctor bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files Creative SBLive Diagnostics diagent exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Registry Mechanic RegMech exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Common Files PC Tools sMonitor StartManSvc exe C WINDOWS system ntvdm exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Hallmark Hallmark Card Studio Deluxe Planner PLNRnote exe C Program Files Comcast Desktop Doctor bin sprtsvc exe C Program Files SanDisk SanDisk TransferMate SD Monitor exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www comcast net toolbar search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults sp verizon http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net mycomcast R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http verizon... Read more

Relevancy 85.14%

Hello this is my first post here so I don t know if I m in the right place for this issue I m just having an issue with my PC it won t display BIOS and is just a black screen on startup I ve used two monitors and I get the same result I ll start off with the BSOD. issue Possible after BIOS) screen Getting (no black on GPU startup a general story cause the rest is quite long I d appreciate any help I built a new PC yesterday and it was working Getting a black screen on startup (no BIOS) after BSOD. Possible GPU issue perfect although it wouldn t display native x resolution It would give quot Out of Range quot error on my monitor when I tried to change it to any other resolution I installed an nVidia control program and made a custom resolution of x About half an hour later I got a blue screen Now when I start it up I just get a black screen no error messages just a black screen It isn t just Getting a black screen on startup (no BIOS) after BSOD. Possible GPU issue my own monitor I ve tried it with another fully functioning one too I ll give more details below The parts I used to build it are NXZT Lexa S Case Black Windows Ultimate bit ASUS P H M Motherboard Intel Core i k GHz W Corsair GS PSU Corsair GB DDR MHz RAM x GB Seagate TB HDD LG Blu Ray DVD CD Optical Drive BFG nVidia GeForce GTX MB GPU It was all working alright but I couldn t get native resolution for my LG W monitor x which displayed the resolution just fine on my old PC with no dedicated GPU When I changed the resolution through the Windows resolution change interface tool it wouldn t give me the option of going over x something else I can t remember I tried to change the refresh rate but I got the same error when I tried to increase the resolution as when I tried to change the refresh rate quot Out of Range quot and then it said a frequency in kHz and Hz I downloaded the nVidia control panel and made a custom resolution x and it was all fine after that However the first problem I noticed was I could not run the game Civilization V because upon starting the game up I got the same quot Out of Range quot error message from my monitor I even tried to change the compatibility so that I could let it run at the lower resolution x or something like that but I got the same error message That was pretty much the only problem although I m sure I would have encountered similar problems if I tried to play similar games I was using the computer for about half an hour and whilst I was on facebook I just got a blue screen It stayed there for a couple seconds then I turned it off from the main socket When I started it up again I just got a black screen I didn t even get a BIOS display I ve been trying it all morning and it still hasn t been working Also after I ve turned it on from the main socket upon startup it starts up then shuts down then starts up again then down and finally stays on after a couple moments of this Still displaying nothing on the monitor though and I get no quot Out of Range quot error message just a black screen I have no idea what it may be I have tried erasing the CMOS thing by moving the jumper position on the motherboard and removing and reinstalling the battery but that hasn t seemed to have worked I don t know what else to do I know it s a long read but thanks for any help P S - the problem still persists even when I remove the graphics card and just plug the VGA cable into the motherboard nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-a-black-screen-on-startup-no-bios-after-bsod-possible-gpu-issue.1012444/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello,

Starting up XP Pro, either in normal or safe mode, I wind up getting a black screen instead of the desktop. I can only see (and move) the mouse pointer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-xp-bsod-black-screen-of-death-at-startup.309558/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello I have an issue with mu computer, I have just done a fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. Now my pc is freezing at the windows 7 start up logo (the HDD activity stops here too). My specs are as follow:
CPU: Intel quad core Q6600
RAM: 4GB DDR2 667MHZ( 4 1GB sticks)
HDD: Seagate 500GB
Graphics card: 8500GT
PSU: Corsair CX430

any help would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

Milan201

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-startup-logo-screen-freeze.1005794/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi I just joined here and Im having a really abd problem with my computer The specs that i know for sure are ECS k SEM motherboard Nvidia GeForce mb of ram DIMM -pin not sure what brand AMD Duron MHZ I booted my comp a few dyas ago and wont startup, black respond. stays on and BSOD's screen out of nowhere I get a BSOD before that screen with Windows XP comes up I say to myself quot ok maybe its just one time quot and reboot I get it yet again and reboot I finally get to the windows log in screen and I get ANOTHER BSOD after it finished loading Restarted again worked fine I analyze my minidumps and it said the most probably cause of these crashes was hardware At this point I recall a computer technician saying the capacitators on my mobo were bursting but this was a good months ago so BSOD's on startup, screen stays black and wont respond. Im not sure if its FINALLY giving out or if my RAM thats failing Well everything goes well and I turn it off I come BSOD's on startup, screen stays black and wont respond. home the next day and I get another set of BSOD s only this time theyve gotten worse Im now getting - BSOD s and my system completely freezes over causing me to reset Wierd thing is when I reset BSOD's on startup, screen stays black and wont respond. without turning the comp off it goes by fine Its when I turn it off and turn it on that I get this BSOD s It seemed to me that the BSOD s and constant hang ups would get worse by day like if something is slowly dying I eventually got tired of them and stop using my computer for a couple days Today I try turning it on and the screen stays on standby like if its not even connected to the VGA Ive decided to purchase a new mobo same as the one I have now but Im not sure if these symptons lead to bad RAM or failing capacitators on the mobo Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:BSOD's on startup, screen stays black and wont respond.

Blue screen error messages are one of the most misunderstood error messages out there in regards to windows.According to Microsoft, only 5-20% of these errors are actually caused by the OS. Only 10% are hardware related. The other 70% are the result of faulty drivers or software incompatibility. Based on those numbers, less than 15% of blue screen errors can be permanently resolved with an OS reinstall.

So we can correctly solve this issue we need to get the minidumps. (if the computer is bootable)

To get the Minidumps do the following

1 > create a new folder on the desktop and call it "dumpcheck" or whatever you like
2 > navigate to %systemroot%\minidump and copy the last few minidump files to that folder.%systemroot% is normally c:\windows. They are numbered by date. You can paste that address in address bar to get there.
3 > close the folder and right click on it and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder. Please do NOT compress them in .rar
4 > use the "Managed Attachments" option under "go advanced" upload that zip file here as an attachment.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsods-on-startup-screen-stays-black-and-wont-respond.577219/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello everyone I have a Dell Inspiron with Windows Home -bit Here's the problem that just started out of the blue During startup I get the Dell screen and the Windows logo It gets to the point where I see the cursor just before it BSOD startup....restart Safe during Black with screen in Mode 7 should get to the logon screen and the screen goes black The laptop is Black screen during 7 startup....restart with BSOD in Safe Mode still on but nothing shows up Also if I try to enter Safe Mode I can get to the logon screen I can either click on one of the user icons and get into Windows or I can leave it at the logon screen either way the computer shows a BSOD death and then restarts Black screen during 7 startup....restart with BSOD in Safe Mode The BSOD shows a x E code I haven't done too much troubleshooting but here's what I have done Ran startup repair from the Win DVD Used that DVD to get to Command Prompt and ran CHKDSK If it's not a hardware issue I'm hoping not to install from scratch or restore to an earlier date There are some very recent files that would be gone that I really need I've read some things about editing 's equivalent of boot ini but have no idea if that's the fix Anyway thanks so much for taking the time read this I look forward to hearing from you If you need any more info please let me know Thanks

A:Black screen during 7 startup....restart with BSOD in Safe Mode

Get into Startup Repair and run it 3 times.
If that doesn't fix it, then open up a Command Prompt from the Startup Repair disk and type (one at a time, and then press Enter):

bootrec /fixboot
bootrec /fixmbr
bootrec /rebuildbcd

Press ENTER after each command and see what that does for you.

The problem here is that you can't boot to Safe Mode - so it's most likely a driver that loads early in the boot sequence.
There are ways to fix this, but you've gotta get into Windows to do most of it.
I'd suggest that you either boot to a Linux/Ultimate Boot CD and copy your data off - or that you slave the hard drive to another system and copy the data off that way.

Once that's done, you can freely experiment without the worry of losing your data.

When the system BSOD's, please get this info (the stuff in RED) from the screen:

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/211667-black-screen-during-7-startup-restart-bsod-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I have an MSI A6000 laptop with Windows 7 home professional.  I have a nephew who got some vuze files and today I got a BSOD.  So I tried going to Safe Mode, which I could not do.  So I used a Windows 7 installation disk and did a start up repair.  Now after the windows logo comes up, it just hangs on a black screen with the mouse pointer (which moves).  Still cannot get into safe mode.   Tried the startup repair 3 times since then, with no improvement.  Please advise me.

A:Had BSOD, Did Startup repair, now I have a mouse pointer on black screen

at this black screen, I got a dialog box that says ' "winlogon.exe- badimage"    windows/system32/wkscli.dll  is not designed to run on windows or contains an error'

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/528803/had-bsod-did-startup-repair-now-i-have-a-mouse-pointer-on-black-screen/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi I've been having some issues with my computer Almost every day when I start up my computer within a few minutes hour black BSOD Frequent startup / of screen during first occasional the screen will freeze for a few seconds and the screen will go black while the computer fan is still running if I am playing music or having music playing from something the music will freeze too This frequently happens for a few more times sometimes as much Frequent black screen / occasional BSOD during first hour of startup as times after I start the computer up again Sometimes like today the screen will keep going black and coming back on and a balloon notification will popup on the right saying quot display driver has stopped responding and successfully recovered quot many times until it finally BSODs The odd thing is that this usually only happens during the first hour when I start up my computer for the day After multiple crashes and restarts it will stabilize and it won't occur again until the next day when I do a cold bootup of my computer again rarely it does happen later on though when I'm playing my games And I'm only usually running Firefox and just checking my Facebook when it happens I did do a bit of research on this problem and I found that maybe it could be my Power Supply Unit which needs replacing I never opened up a CPU before so I thought I would ask here first to confirm I have the crash minidump file of my latest BSOD which I feel is related to the black screen problems I'm getting Hopefully someone can point out the Frequent black screen / occasional BSOD during first hour of startup problem for me thank you

A:Frequent black screen / occasional BSOD during first hour of startup

Welcome to Seven Forums .

What you are experiencing is called a TDR (Timeout Detection & Recovery) and its not a real crash
in the sense that something wrong occurred in the Kernel.

Quote: Originally Posted by TVeblen

"Display driver xxxxx stopped responding and was recovered"

Timeout Detection & Recovery (TDR) = "Display Driver Stopped Responding and was Recovered" is a useful feature that started in Vista and is also in W7 that allows the OS to try and recover from a video timeout so that the system does not crash to a bluescreen. Symptoms included a screen flash with the TDR message appearing one or more times or the screen blinking out to black. If the system cannot recover it will crash (Stop Error 116 typical). The issue is that the video card is not responding as expected.
There are numerous reports of hardware solutions to TDR's. The most common are:
Poor Cooling
Problems with the power supply
Overclocking Issues
Bad System memory or incorrect memory timings
Defective PC Components

More details HERE, please read.
Please roll-back to a known stable version:

Quote: Originally Posted by Arc

Install the 314.22 WHQL only.

Uninstall All nvidia items in Control Panel > Programs and features3D Vision Control Driver
3D Vision Driver
Graphics Driver
HD Audio Driver
PhysX
nvidia Update
(Are you using nvidia chipset drivers? If so, dont uninstall anything other than those are listed).
Now follow Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling
Boot normally now. Go to Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers, Download 314.22 WHQL. While installing, Select Custom (Advanced) install. In the next page, follow this settings:

Test for thermals and stability:
Download HWinfo (64Bit) and upload a Screenshot of the Sensors window, one at idle and another while putting load on the PC using Prime95 for the CPU side and Furmark for the GPU.Before running Prime95 make sure to enable Round-off checking (see 1st post under the tutorial).

Testing the RAM:

Quote: Originally Posted by koolkat77

Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+:RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Tip
Pay close attention to part 3 of the tutorial "If you have errors"
Test the RAM with Memtest86+ for at least 7-10 passes. It may take up to 22 passes to find problems. Make sure to run it once after the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then also run it again when the system has been off for a few hours and is cold.

When done with the testing procedure take a picture and upload it here.

Let us know!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/311464-frequent-black-screen-occasional-bsod-during-first-hour-startup.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello all I have Windows installed on my Acer desktop computer Over the last few days the computer has been quite laggy It would freeze forcing me to restart it Startup repair used to work It would give me the option of quot restoring system settings quot to a time when things were working correctly or something like that After that the computer would seem fine but this would last only briefly Freezing would inevitably happen again and so I kept repeating the aforementioned process Now whenever I try restarting it I get the usual windows error recovery message as follows Windows Results Not BSOD or Working; Screen Repair Startup in Black failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause If Windows files Startup Repair Not Working; Results in BSOD or Black Screen have been damaged or configured incorrectly Startup Repair can help diagnose and fix the problem If power was interrupted during startup choose Start Windows Normally Followed by these two options Launch Startup Repair recommended Start Windows Normally If I click the repair option I get a black screen or the following BSOD quot STOP x A x B x xFFD x quot If I choose to start normally it loops back to the original windows error recovery message or I get a black screen again Now the key thing is I'm really not at all that technologically literate so in my quest to search for solutions to this problem online I have constantly found myself scratching my head in confusion If anyone could take this into consideration and kindly assist me with this problem it would be greatly appreciated It might also be important to note that my CD driver in jammed because I have come across numerous replies saying to reboot with the windows CD If needed I would somehow need to work around this Thank you

A:Startup Repair Not Working; Results in BSOD or Black Screen

Quote: Originally Posted by technosos

"*** STOP: 0x000000A5 (0x0001000B, 0x50434146, 0xFFD01200, 0x00000000)"

STOP: 0x000000A5 means ACPI_BIOS_ERROR. So, the BSOD is caused for the BIOS.
1st Arg: 0x0001000B : The length of the ACPI table is not consistent with the table revision.
2nd Arg (0x50434146) indicates to the ACPI table signature.
3rd Arg (0xFFD01200) is a A pointer to the ACPI table.
I have a few questions for you.
Have you done anything to the BIOS lately?
How old the computer is?If it is within warranty, ask for a warranty replacement.

Is the motherboard has dual BIOS?If there is Dual BIOS facility in the motherboard, apply the other BIOS.

If it is out of warranty, and no dual BIOS, you have two more options left, as far as I can say.
Reset the BIOS to optimized defaults. 3 Ways to Reset Your BIOS - wikiHow
Search in Acer. If there is any update to the BIOS, apply it.
Let us know the situation up to this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/348627-startup-repair-not-working-results-bsod-black-screen.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hey there any help is much appreciated After a lot of headache ive realised that updating anything through windows update that requires a restart causes my computer screen to go black after the windows loading bar on startup If i leave the computer for about minutes it eventually opens the login screen and works as freeze comp on my black screen Windows update on making restart normal until i restart it again I can fix the problem by putting my windows disk in and doing a system restore but i want to fix the problem properly i would like to be able to update i have done a myriad of things to clean the computer including registry cleaning optimising startup list physically cleaning dust out of the box and fans etc as initialy i thought it was a hardware problem before i noticed it was windows update causing it thanks in advance for any help Adam p s some system specs if needed Windows Vista Home Premium Windows update making my comp freeze on black screen on restart bit ECS P M T-M Intel Core GHz gb ddr RAM geforce gs DirectX

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-update-making-my-comp-freeze-on-black-screen-on-restart-429763.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi i m axl and i m quite desperate about the actual situation of my only windows installation i hope that someone here can help understand the problem because i ve been working hours trying almost every with lower Ultimate black 7 Windows Boot logo with screen freeze single fix with every single combination i could find on internet pc specs notebook hp pavillion dv entertainment no battery using o s specs windows ultimate edition x last operating scenario i was happily Boot freeze with black screen with lower Windows 7 Ultimate logo using windows everything worked perfectly my utorrent open and watching a film in streaming then i had the brilliant idea to try to install this shit software Windows Theme Installer Install Apply Delete Themes Easily - door windows to try change windows appereance i run it and it showed up some errors so i quit it before it would complete the installation closed utorrent and rebooted boom i got this shit screen without the possibility to do ANYTHING i can t open the task manager i can t send the computer in sleep mode the only buttons showing are the red one for shutdown and the handicap s one the only thing that s moving is the mouse pointer over the black screen and logo if someone could maybe know what files that shit theme installer changes i could try to reset them but i-ve also tried this a little searching in the registry for it s name shell and exploer exe seem to be working i tried everything from the windows repair and F mode i tried kaspersky recue disk i tried ubuntu linux things there s no error with the boot or the mbr windows boots normally and it just get stuck before the login loading module guaranteed there s no viruses or trojans as i run a scan with many antiviruses and antimalwares not so long ago i removed the theme pack i was trying to install but didn t help here is attached the ntbtlog

A:Boot freeze with black screen with lower Windows 7 Ultimate logo

i restored files and dll components that the shit-installer should have modified, except for this TwinUI.dll that i can`t find anymore in my windows system folder. i don`t know what that one is but windows is still stuck there exactly like before.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/346147-boot-freeze-black-screen-lower-windows-7-ultimate-logo.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi all Starting Messages, on Black startup Error with Screen Blue Blank Screen yesterday my computer would go through startup while loading the desktop it would crash to blue screen with white text unfortunately I can t remember the exact error Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup message If restarted it Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup either goes to a blank black screen or back to blue and I could only get the computer to operate in safe mode with networking My antivirus software avast free malwarebytes scanned and found no infections I have Windows Samsung laptop Today I was Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup able to start the computer normally and am functioning with internet still acting a little funny but I am sure something is still not right I also did a system restore last night with the same problems crashing not starting up Any assistance would be highly appreciated Thanks in advance Brit PS I goofily started a similar topic in the quot Windows quot forum section without knowing this section was down here Sorry I tried to delete the topic post but couldn t Thanks

A:Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup

Hello,I will be helping you with your problems. Please be patient while I assist you.Some points for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of us Please do NOT run, install or uninstall any programs, unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability. Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post. Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process. Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.----------------------------------------------Please do the following:Please download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool (TDSSKiller.exe) and save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!!Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe on your desktop to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it. To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to How to change the file extension.Click on change parametersUnder Objects to scan, check the box next to Loaded modulesIf you are asked to reboot, then click Yes.NextCheck the boxes next to Loaded modules, Verify file digital signatures, Detect TDLFS file system, then click OK.Click the Start Scan button.Do not use the computer during the scanIf the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
Note: If Cure is not an option, Skip instead, do NOT choose Delete or Quarantine unless instructed.A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.2.4.0.0_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).Copy and paste the full contents of that file in your next reply.Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automati... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/467144/blue-screen-with-error-messages-blank-black-screen-on-startup/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi thanks startup, death Black at Solved: all blue with began screen screen a of for checking Solved: Black screen of death at startup, all began with a blue screen my question I haven t found an answer to my particular situation Dell xps m laptop w vista It all started with a blue screen w scrolling text after the fated restart The blue screen text said quot if this is the first time you ve seen this message quot and then comp restarted again showing the blue screen then restarted into windows repair mode after repair mode tried to fix Solved: Black screen of death at startup, all began with a blue screen the problem comp restarted then the screen went black blank right after the little windows loading animation where the bar keeps moving from left to right and there s a small windows logo It all happened fast so there may have been steps I forgot but that s the jist of it Now screen always goes black blank during startup after the windows loading animation so I can t start windows in normal mode I can start in safe mode if I manually force shutdown by holding the power button so I m not imploding with fear ok I am Possible causes This occured right after installing vista updates that restart was when I saw the blue screen Also occured the restart after running a patch called quot Vista TCP IP and UAC AutoPatch quot I downloaded it from softpedia the developer was listed as defcon and their website listed was securevista net but the site is down I found this out after the problem occured The patch had lots of positive reviews and lots of people on other sites also suggest using it to remove the limit of tcp connections which windows unnecessarily imposes Removing the limit supposedly increases P P filesharing speeds so it s a common approach to slow utorrent problems etc to patch the tcp sys file I have since quot unpatched quot it using the unpatch file which came with it but I m suspicious of the software developer now The patch originally disabled UAC user account control which is suspicious to me but I m not highly tech savy so I dunno if that s common or not I did also remove mcafee s security center I was busy I guess that was a mistake should always restart after each big change I apologize for the complication this creates in identifying the problem It s possible I did something else before the fatal restart if none of these three could be the culprit then I ll think harder about what that could be but for now these changes stand out in my mind I m assuming that windows repair mode s changes didn t cause this problem but I don t have any factual reason to believe that What could this be What can I do Thank you p s This is the last time I ever install software from a company that doesn t have an active website even if this wasn t the problem s cause nbsp

A:Solved: Black screen of death at startup, all began with a blue screen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-black-screen-of-death-at-startup-all-began-with-a-blue-screen.804669/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello.

Just today, I turned on my computer and got the blue screen of death, so I restarted my PC. Then a black screen came up saying "Windows could not start beacuse the following file is missing or corrupt : \windows\system32\config\system."

You can attempt to repair this file by putting the winxp cd in etc...

Now when i turn on my computer there is just a black screen showing, with nothing at all on it.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks very much for your help.

A:Blue screen of death, boot problems, black screen startup

It's a nasty error that requires some persistance and resourcefullness to overcome without a clean install.

If you have a Windows CD or have the recovery console installed, you might want to have a go at these directions.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;307545

Forum example of a successful recovery here:

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=195985

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death-boot-problems-black-screen-startup.382012/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi there I developed a problem with my desktop pc yesterday I was gaming and the screen enter I when then password screen screen startup Flickering black at - began to flicker then the game crashed - citing quot rendering device lost quot I tried to re-load this again and the same thing happened again this time with a BSOD I Flickering screen at startup - then black screen when I enter password tried a different game and the same thing Flickering screen at startup - then black screen when I enter password occured took slightly longer though Given it was late I went to bed Today on loading up the sign in screen was flickering lots I entered my password and was met by a black screen The Flickering screen at startup - then black screen when I enter password computer continued to make fan noises as if it was working but nothing on my screen This happened again On restaring my computer the crash report read quot Blue Screen locale ID BCcode a BCP BCP FFFFF BCP ED BCP B I've looked at the bug dump but I was silly and did a system restore before this so there's no bug dump The computer starts and runs fine in safe mode and without the graphics card in Since I've done a system restore Cleaned everything again was pretty dust free to start Uninstalled and re-installed the graphics card drivers Re-seated RAM and GPU Done a memory diagnostic on my RAM None of these have worked I've taken the graphics card out and it runs fine with the onboard GPU Some specs Intel I K GPU - AMD Radeon HD Corsair Vengeance GB RAM Motherboard Asus P Z M pro PSU -OCZ Core steam W The pc has worked perfectly for - years with no issues with games previously Real Temp GT clocks the GPU temp at - under load similiar for CPU Do you need any more info to help diagnostically Is this all down to my GPU Does anyone have any suggestions for a fix

A:Flickering screen at startup - then black screen when I enter password

I found this on my notepad:

GFX 23:56:28.143 Heroes of the Storm (B43571)
GFX 23:56:28.143
GFX 23:56:28.143 Executable E:\Battle.net\Heroes of the Storm\Versions\Base43571\HeroesOfTheStorm_x64.exe
GFX 23:56:28.143 <Parameters> -sso=1 -launch -uid heroes
GFX 23:56:28.143 Parent Executable \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Battle.net\Heroes of the Storm\Support64\HeroesSwitcher_x64.exe
GFX 23:56:28.143 Grandparent Executable \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Battle.net\Battle.net.7505\Battle.net.exe
GFX 23:56:28.143 LocalTime 2016-06-16 23:56:28.143
GFX 23:56:28.143 <ComputerUser> Toby
GFX 23:56:28.143 <ComputerName> SPEEDDEMON
GFX 23:56:28.143 <Exe.Architecture> x86_64
GFX 23:56:28.143 <Version> 18.4.43571
GFX 23:56:28.143 <DataBuild> B43571
GFX 23:56:28.143 <CodeBranch> branches/Heroes.18.mid
GFX 23:56:28.143 <CodeRevision> 293141
GFX 23:56:28.143 <Locale.Assets> enUS
GFX 23:56:28.143 <Locale.Data> enUS
GFX 23:56:28.143 <Locale.Install> enUS
GFX 23:56:28.143 <AccountCountry> GBR
GFX 23:56:28.143 ====================================================================================================
GFX 23:56:28.142 DXGI: Available
GFX 23:56:28.267 Resource Cache Override Variable: 0MB
GFX 23:56:28.267 Resource Cache: 2036MB Win64 (8147MB Physical, 13271MB Process Virtual)
GFX 23:56:28.267 Adapter [0]: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series (VendorID 0x1002 DeviceID 0x6818)
GFX 23:56:28.267 Attempting CreateDevice on adapter [0] (VendorID 0x1002 DeviceID 0x6818)
GFX 23:56:28.306 CreateDevice succeeded
GFX 23:56:28.306 Using adapter [0]
GFX 23:56:28.306 Floating point render targets supported.
GFX 23:56:28.310 DXGI Adapter Name: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
GFX 23:56:28.310 VRAM Detected: Dedicated [2027MB] Shared [3817MB] (DXGI)
GFX 23:56:28.310 VRAM Override Variables: Dedicated [0MB] Shared [0MB]
GFX 23:56:28.310 Initialized D3D9 GraphicsDevice: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series (Driver Version: 8.17.10.1452, VRAM: 2027MB, SVMEM: 3817MB).
GFX 23:56:28.311 VRAM texture space: 1520MB
GFX 23:56:32.301 PerfNotifiers initialized
GFX 23:56:32.350 Lost D3D9 device
GFX 23:56:32.363
GFX 23:56:32.363 D3D9 Device Reset from unknown returned e_errorKindGfx(0)
GFX 23:58:11.616 DirectX call m_device->TestCooperativeLevel() failed with error code D3DERR_DEVICENOTRESET
GFX 23:58:11.616 DirectX call failed with error code D3DERR_DEVICENOTRESET
GFX 23:58:11.616 Lost D3D9 device
GFX 23:58:11.854
GFX 23:58:11.854 D3D9 Device Reset from ::OnRender returned e_errorKindGfx(0)
GFX 23:58:14.927 DirectX call m_device->TestCooperativeLevel() failed with error code D3DERR_DEVICELOST
GFX 23:58:16.044 DirectX call m_device->TestCooperativeLevel() failed with error code D3DERR_DEVICENOTRESET
GFX 23:58:16.045 DirectX call failed with error code D3DERR_DEVICENOTRESET
GFX 23:58:16.045 Lost D3D9 device
GFX 23:58:16.234
GFX 23:58:16.234 D3D9 Device Reset from ::OnRender returned e_errorKindGfx(0)
GFX 00:00:22.191 DirectX call m_device->TestCooperativeLevel() failed with error code D3DERR_DEVICELOST
GFX 00:00:23.073 DirectX call m_device->TestCooperativeLevel() failed with error code D3DERR_DEVICENOTRESET
GFX 00:00:23.074 DirectX call failed with error code D3DERR_DEVICENOTRESET
GFX 00:00:23.074 Lost D3D9 device
GFX 00:00:23.261
GFX 00:00:23.261 D3D9 Device Reset from ::OnRender returned e_errorKindGfx(0)
GFX 00:02:42.434 Lost D3D9 device

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/397475-flickering-screen-startup-then-black-screen-when-i-enter-password.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I'm using I have a DELL4500S desktop, on startup it will not go to the login screen, the screen is just black with the cursor showing. I've tried restarting the computer, unplugging everything and restarting it. Nothing is working. When it first starts a pop up shows and says

"This Application has failed to start because SAMLIB.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem."

I'm not sure what it's talking about and what to re install and I can't reinstall whatever it is because I can't get to the start menu.

Help? I don't know what to do :[

A:Black screen on startup, showing cursor, doesn't go to log in screen.

Quote: Originally Posted by alexsmom2009

I'm using I have a DELL4500S desktop, on startup it will not go to the login screen, the screen is just black with the cursor showing. I've tried restarting the computer, unplugging everything and restarting it. Nothing is working. When it first starts a pop up shows and says

"This Application has failed to start because SAMLIB.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem."

I'm not sure what it's talking about and what to re install and I can't reinstall whatever it is because I can't get to the start menu.

Help? I don't know what to do :[

SAMLIB.dll is a security account manager dynamic linked lib. A repair install from the dvd should fix the problem unless you are infected with malware, or have a modified system

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/201116-black-screen-startup-showing-cursor-doesnt-go-log-screen.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Before explaining how i got here i will explain what exactly is happening When I boot up my computer i see the up boot leads screen to startup screen, Can't black access logo then text saying Preparing Automatic Repair with a loading icon Then i would get a black screen that would sometimes show a cursor that i can use with the black screen but most times just the black screen Eventually this black screen ca give way to Diagnosing your PC loading screen that loops endlessly Okay this started after I downloaded the anniversary edition for Windows the first time i booted up the computer i had faced the AVG Watchdog initialization bug which prevented from accessing the laptop for the few weeks as tried looking for solutions forcing me to eventually uninstall Can't access startup screen, boot up leads to black screen AVG through Safe mode the only way i managed to was through turning it off and on times as every other way including holding F had not worked After booting up the first time without issue after removing AVG and getting some things done I turned it off without issue then i faced this new problem which is still plaguing me I've looked up in forums for a solution but the closest i found was just reinstalling windows and losing everything does anyone have a solution where i can still keep my data

A:Can't access startup screen, boot up leads to black screen

Hi Helix935 and welcome to Tenforums.

If it was less than 10 days since this happened, you might have been able to go into Settings>Recovery and rollback from the Anniversary Update. But it's been too long now.

If it's data only that you're needing to save, you could boot the system to Kyhi's rescue media and use File Explorer to copy your data over to an external drive, then perform a clean install, (or reset or refresh from within safe mode).
Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums
You will need to reinstall your personal applications after the OS is working again though.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/66730-cant-access-startup-screen-boot-up-leads-black-screen.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Windows 7 desktop can not load after welcome screen appears just a black screen come and stuck a white mouse pointer works but nothing else.

safe mode works and last known good configuration works

whenever i start in above mentioned mode it works and then i had repaired win. 7 startup and chkdsk perform on c drive. then restart the system and it start properly as it worked. But after a day i start same problem came again.

pls. suggest any permanent solution.

A:Black Screen on Windows 7 startup

Test your hard drive and ram use seatools for dos for the hdd and memtest 86+ for the ram

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-on-windows-7-startup-673379.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I Minimized My Windows XP VM While It was installing, and now every time i start the Virtual PC, it stays at a black screen...
Does Anyone Know How to fix this? Without reinstalling.....
BY THE WAY, I AM NOT USING XP MODE...

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/668a846b-d1d1-43cf-9467-32008ace99f4/windows-xp-black-screen-on-startup?forum=w7itprovirt
Relevancy 82.13%

System Details - Lenovo Y Laptop GB SSD as windows drive TB 7]Black [Windows on screen startup Drive as storage drive Problem [Windows 7]Black screen on startup Details - My laptop has been running with no problems at all This morning I switched it on and after the welcome screen I just get a black screen and it stays there There is no cursor and no ability [Windows 7]Black screen on startup to enter task manager Attempted Repairs - I've tried booting into all safe modes low res mode and last good config which just give me the same blank screen I've tried startup repair which finds no problems I've tried running sfc scannow but it gives me a message saying that there is a system repair pending and that the laptop need to restart I have also run chkdsk chkdsk C on both drives which finds no bad sectors and gives no warnings I have also tried clearing cmos by removing the battery and power and pressing the power button for minutes I would use system restore but I stupidly have no restore points My only guesses now are that the user profile is corrupt but this usually gives a message rather than a black screen the windows installation is corrupt or I have some virus malware I'm not sure how to proceed Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606817/windows-7black-screen-on-startup/
Relevancy 82.13%

Windows 7 desktop can not load after welcome screen appears just a black screen come and stuck a white mouse pointer works but nothing else.

safe mode works and last known good configuration works

whenever i start in above mentioned mode it works and then i had repaired win. 7 startup and chkdsk perform on c drive. then restart the system and it start properly as it worked. But after a day i start same problem came again.

pls. suggest any permanent solution.

A:Black Screen on Windows 7 startup

Hello SKumar.
Have you changed/ added any hardware/software lately just before the problem started?

Do a System Restore to an earlier point.

Does it work?
If not, we are to some other things.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/261667-black-screen-windows-7-startup.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello Guys Yesterday I had A problem with my PC I started it and pressed the Power Button After the ASUS splash screen Windows At Black 8 Screen Startup my PC went to A black screen There is no Startup Windows 8 Black Screen At Startup Logo No Blue windows logo blue rhombus And no spinning chain And after mins my PC rebooted and when I pressed F to go to safe mode nothing happens but the black screen comes again So I booted to my Windows -bit DVD and launched startup repair but it showed quot error startup repair cannot fix your computer quot then I came back and started Refresh my PC but now it showed another error message that quot there is a problem refreshing your computer quot and now when I came back and started quot Reset quot it again showed up the message quot there is a problem refreshing your computer quot I can't fix the problem I have also tried quot Advanced Option gt Command Prompt gt sfc scannow quot but it didn't help So please help me I had many personal files on this OS so I can't Format it Thank For Any help

A:Windows 8 Black Screen At Startup

First of all unplug any USB devices you don't need especially hard drives. In bios turn off S.M.A.R.T HDD check at startup.

See what happens when you do that.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/19457-windows-8-black-screen-startup.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi,

Yesterday, I updated my windows 8.1, the process went well until the computer restarted but just after the windows logo disappeared from the screen, nothing happened and just the mouse pointer is visible on the screen. I tried startup repair from windows DVD, and other recovering options, but no result. I don't want to loose my installed apps and other files. is there any safe solution to this problem. thanks in advance

Laptop: LENOVO G500
Systeme: windows 8.1 (64)

A:windows 8.1 black screen on startup

One other thing

I've just tried "startup repair" using windows installation DVD, but it seems that the startup process goes well, because in the log file (srtTrail.txt) it is mentionned that the startup process is ok.

I tried to "refresh my computer" but it asks me to agree with deleting all apps installed from disks, thing that i don't want for now.

I hope thess informations can help 

Waiting for your advices.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576487/windows-81-black-screen-on-startup/
Relevancy 82.13%

Following an unsuccessful attempt to install Adobe flash player (I'm not saying that caused the problem, it might be completely unrelated, but anyhow ...) when I start up I get the 'welcome' screen and then a permanent black screen with a cursor. I can get round this with the task manager but I'd rather it started up correctly in the first place. Any ideas, please?

Relevancy 82.13%

When I start my windows 7 laptop, I get a black screen. It doesn't bring up the windows logo, errors, or options such as the boot menu. My Computer was working perfectly fine a few hours ago, but then my computer updated windows 7. After the update, my computer was still working. I noticed some lag, so i opened task manager and killed a few processes that i felt were unneeded.. (Maybe they were essential?) Then when i restarted my computer, this problem occured.

Please Help!

A:Black Screen Upon Startup (Windows 7)

Hello,
Can you access the diagnostic screen (F8 key) to try and start in safe mode or using the last known good configuration? Can you boot from the Windows 7 installation DVD and choose to "Repair my computer?"
Regards
The Cleaver

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-upon-startup-windows-7.1127752/
Relevancy 82.13%

Good morning,
always it happens that on the startup of windows 8.1 (and also when it was installed windows 8 before the windows 8.1 upgrade) after the republic of gamers logo and before the appearance of the lock screen, the monitor remains completely black for 5 minutes about (after that appears the lock screen and windows works again well). Usually Windows starts itself in 10 seconds about. During the black screen commands don't works. Can be the use of cc cleaner, that cleaning temporary files, creates this problem? I tried to reinstall the last version of the Nvidia display drivers but nothing changed. I took away all those unuseful programs from the windows startup. What can I do? Thanks and I'm sorry for my bad English.

I have a Asus ROG G750JX-CV200H Notebook bought 2/3 weeks ago:
Windows 8.1 home
Core i7 4700HQ
RAM 16GB DDR3
Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M
HDD 750GB 7200rpm

A:Black screen on windows 8.1 startup

Hi, Welcome to Eight forums.

Issue could be mixed set of graphic card drivers. Your PC might be downloading the vendor's drivers and hardware drivers together. Also, windows makes a backup copy of the drivers and puts them into its driver store for you and keeps putting it back on your system if the driver is deleted. You need to go into control panel, disable the autoinstall of device drivers, uninstall the video driver, reboot, and install with the vendors setup program and reboot. Then enter control panel and re-enable the autoinstall of the drivers again.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/41280-black-screen-windows-8-1-startup.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi this is my first post Log On Before Screen Screen? Black Freeze in this forum all the problems i ve had with the computer i ve been able to repair them myself but this time I really need help from someone more knowledgable I have a laptop Compaq Black Screen Freeze Before Log On Screen? Presario Pentium Windows XP Ghz Ram My computer freezes into a black screen or empty screen whatever you may call it it happens after the Windows XP logo with the loading bar below it and before the log on screen which of course i haven t been able to get to It just stays black in safe mode it just starts loading all these things like drivers like a list of things and then stops and freezes like that and last known configuration doesn t work either and it doesn t respond to anything i do with the keyboard I asked a friend to make some boot disks for me and he gave me floppy disks I tried using them and after loading all of them Black Screen Freeze Before Log On Screen? and following the steps at disk it gives me the options to install XP go to the recovery console and to exit I tried first the recovery console and it just asks me quot Which Windows installation would you like to log onto C WINDOWS quot then i wrote and pressed enter and nothing happened it seem it froze like that too I don t have the Windows XP CDROM so i cant install anything i could try getting one but still i m at the point that i don t know if getting it would help me or if there is a way to use these floppies to repair whatever error the computer has Thats why I ask if somebody could give me some directions i would greatly appreciate any help don t matter if its just a small suggestion i ve had the computer in this state for two weeks with no signs of hope so any help would be really great Thanks much in advance

A:Black Screen Freeze Before Log On Screen?

Welcome to Bleeping Computer!

It seems to me, and you might want to wait until others weigh in on your situation, that you have a problem with the video driver.

When Windows starts it uses a generic driver for the video. Then it loads another driver while booting up. It seems that this is when you lose your screen.

Hmmmmmm.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/49794/black-screen-freeze-before-log-on-screen/
Relevancy 81.7%

after minutes of hanging in that weird startup screen considering whether to hard reboot or not it went into start repair still there now To make a long story short I suspected something wrong with my hard drive due to a software giving me an i o error after some research I am not knowledgable when it comes to computers I ran chkdsk when I woke up it was still running as it should be in the process of 'replacing bad clusters' for certain files so there was something wrong alright and was at After leaving my computer for ten minutes I found my computer had gone to a black screen then.. screen, weird 8 black then then ran chkdsk screen, startup hrs, and seeing as I was reluctant to do a hard reboot I chkdsk ran 8 hrs, then black screen, then weird startup screen, then.. waited it out and it moved to a windows safe mode startup screen but only the big cursor and standard background was present chkdsk ran 8 hrs, then black screen, then weird startup screen, then.. nothing else see attached picture After ten minutes it went to startup repair which has been running for the past half hour What has happened during the ten minutes I was away and chkdsk was still only at why did the subsequent events unfold as they did What can I do now

A:chkdsk ran 8 hrs, then black screen, then weird startup screen, then..

Hello Kayron can you still get into safe mode did you say? If so go in and run sfc /scannow

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

if that doesn't run then maybe you have a hardware problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/277449-chkdsk-ran-8-hrs-then-black-screen-then-weird-startup-screen-then.html
Relevancy 81.27%

A black screen keeps coming on after the windows startup logo. When I disable my IntelhHD graphic driver everything goes normal, but with it it won't let me use regular mode except safe mode.
It would be grateful if you guys could help me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/380178-black-screen-after-windows-startup-logo.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi all I have recently since today had an issue with my PC I came home after uni today pressed the power button stuck black @ startup Windows screen gets on on my PC it started up normal showed the Windows gets stuck on black screen @ startup mobo splash screen etc yet when it got to the stage of loading Windows Vista it just got stuck on the black screen that normally appears about second before the quot loading windows quot status bar comes up It just got stuck there on that black screen for over minutes until I hard reset the PC Then it gave me an error screen Windows gets stuck on black screen @ startup saying Windows hadn t been shut-down correctly and if I wanted to load it into safe mode etc I just chose the normal mode and then it loaded Windows fine I then shut down the PC Later that day around pm I powered on the system again and the same thing happened again The only way I could get it working was to hard reset it and then it would boot after selecting quot start normally quot So I have tried -Performing a Windows repair from the O S disk the repair program couldn t find any problems though and consequently didn t repair anything -Restoring to yesterday before I have had issues What I need to know is if anyone else has had this problem before or has heard of it and possibly if there is a solution I have tried searches but I don t have a keyword error code specific enough to find any real answers Could it be hardware or software related Or both The last thing I have installed was an Epson printer on the th but I haven t had issues until today the th I installed it correctly as far as I know with Vista compatible drivers Any suggestions advice Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-gets-stuck-on-black-screen-startup.701218/
Relevancy 81.27%

For several months my laptop (HP Pavilion dv6) has been going black about 20% of the time that I start it up. It is more likely to occur when my laptop has only been turned off for a couple hours or less.

The startup process starts as normal, but then goes to black, with the exception of a strip of color that appears in the upper left part of the screen. I can't say for sure, but it might be a miniaturized (1/16th inch by 3 inch) version of my task bar.

The screen stays stuck and the only way out of it is to hold my power button till it goes off. When I restart it asks if I want to "start normally" etc., and it then often asks to do a checkdisk (which I've done to no avail).

I'm curious if anyone is familiar with this type of problem and has any suggestions on how to fix it.

A:Windows 7 Startup issue - Screen going black

1. Click Start
2. In the search box, type cmd
3. In the list that appears, right-click on cmd.exe and choose Run as administrator
4. In the command window that opens, type sfc /scannow and hit enter.

Report the output from the command window once it finishes.

More detail: SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/340934-windows-7-startup-issue-screen-going-black.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I had the little icon startup screen XP on updating Windows SP2 Black after on the bottom right of the screen like where Black screen on startup after updating Windows XP SP2 the clock Black screen on startup after updating Windows XP SP2 is that kept telling me install updates or they needed to be installed or something so I finally went and installed them When it finished it said Windows needs to be restarted When it started up again it shows the hard drive processor memory info etc and then says quot Windows XP quot after that the screen turns completely black except for small quot Logging in quot windows that appears for one second and then everything is completely black I can hear the hard drive running but I can t see anything at all except I can move the arrow around I tried starting with last known good configuration and it didn t work and then tried starting in safe mode When I start in safe mode I can see the words safe mode written in white on the corners of the screen but nothing else What in the world am I supposed to try now nbsp

Relevancy 81.27%

I had recently formatted and reinstalled windows xp home edition. Everytime I restart my computer this comes up after the Dell logo displays. It lasts for approximately 5 minutes and then the Windows XP loading screen comes up and boots to the desktop. This load is really annoying and has never happended to me on previous installs of Windows XP. Please let me know how to resolve this issue.

System Specs.
Dell Dimension 4600
Windows XP home edition SP2(This issue also came up on the original install)
Pentium 4 3.4ghz processor
1 gb ram
128mb ATI Radeon Pro graphics card

A:Black NT load screen on Windows XP startup

That screen is actually a byproduct of SP2, as long as you run SP2 your stuck with it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-nt-load-screen-on-windows-xp-startup.437839/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi I'm new to this forum and have a problem with the starting up my Gateway dx desktop running Windows Symptoms will startup to Windows logo then go black with a solid white cursor in the center of the screen tried all Advanced boot options safemode etc but still not working can get into the Bios screen booted up the gateway recovery disc amp Black 7 Cursor Screen with at Windows startup also windows repair disc However startup repair results showed no problems Tried to do a system restore Windows 7 Black Screen with Cursor at startup but apparently all restore points are now gone I did notice that the initial Gateway logo screen is now an Acer screen Since I need to retrieve all the data on my Gateway i have connected harddrive to a borrowed newer desktop running Window The gateway drive shows as drive E but when I click on it I get a Location is not available Access denied error message On the newer computer running windows I was able to run Malwarebytes GMER TDSSKiller on drive E All returned problems detected So would appreciate any assistance in getting rid of the black screen problem or perhaps guidance on the best way to copy over the contents of my gateway harddisk to the newer computer running Windows so I can do a System Recovery on my old gateway and copy the contents back over to it Thanks much in advance

A:Windows 7 Black Screen with Cursor at startup

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/516237 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/516237/windows-7-black-screen-with-cursor-at-startup/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hey I was running FSX on my other desktop when the power cord got pulled out I tried starting the computer again then found myself with the dreaded black screen and I don t know what to do When I press the power button on the desktop everything seems to sound normal fan going etc but no beeps Monitor light stays on amber however I ve tried another monitor and still the same thing Tried the ol take all plugs out re-plug then restart but still the same thing I ve tried letting it get cold and Dreaded startup black screen pre-Windows still the same thing I also Dreaded black screen pre-Windows startup took the RAM out gave it alittle clean and still no change I ve also popped in the Windows XP disk to see if that would do anything but nothing as nothing shows up on screen Keep in mind that the black screen is constantly there i e no Windows start up screen or anything I don t know what to do Can someone please help Windows XP Pentium HT ghz GB DDR ram x mbs GB sata hard drive - secondary gb harddrive gb total GB AGP ATI Radeon HD Olympic ATX W Power Supply onboard sound dvd rom parellel port x pci slots nbsp

A:Dreaded black screen pre-Windows startup

Pull out the memory and try booting. If you don't hear a series of long beeps the power supply or motherboard has been damaged

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dreaded-black-screen-pre-windows-startup.174848/
Relevancy 81.27%

I installed W7 Ult 32 bit some weeks ago on Drive C: and since then I got upon starting a clack screen with :

Windows 7
Windows 7

after xx seconds it goes on with the, I presume, the first one.
i think it might come from a previous trial,not
activiated W7 version, or some unfinished W7 installation.
I do not see any windows.old somewhere..

How to get rid of this,it delays my startup.???

I made a W7 backup just for security on Drive D:
Thanks for help,
William R.

A:Double windows 7 in startup black screen

have you tried here?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/119136-double-windows-7-startup-black-screen.html
Relevancy 81.27%

hi...i really need help..

my computer was working fine today up until i went to "start", "run", typed in "msconfig", clicked on the "boot.ini" tab, checked "safeboot" and clicked ok...i restarted my computer...

when my computer restarted, it went through things like memory testing...memory frequency...and then it went black...

i tried to restart the computer and pressed F8...i tried all the options (e.g. safe mode...last good config...normal...bootlog...etc) but still does nothing...it just gets black...
what do i need to do? please help...thanx

Relevancy 81.27%

I'm running windows xp professional. I boot up my computer and it shows the windows loading page and then when the desktop should appear, instead the screen goes black and my monitor reads "no PC signal", as if the PC is not connected to the monitor. But that cannot be the case because it showed the windows loading screen on the monitor.
This problem keeps occuring now. It was working perfectly fine up to today. I booted the computer up in safe mode which worked fine, and re-installed the latest nvidia geforce 7300 se graphics card driver. I then rebooted in normal mode and the problem still occured where the screen is black and says "no PC signal." I don't know what to do now, i tried a new vga cable already, but that didn't fix it.
anybody else run into this problem and solve it?
help!

Relevancy 81.27%

i am was installing drivers on my laptop sony vaio windows ulitmate bit and windows issue with startup black screen 7 in between the installation the windows 7 startup issue with black screen system display a message to restart the computer to complete the installation i clicked the restart button and after it displays a message windows failed to start a recent hardware or software change might be caused i tried to repair it by launch startup repair but i see black screen with cursor i also clicked on starts windows normally but after windows logo the computer restarts again with some kind of error i tried to start my computer with safe mode but it loads some deivers and after sometime it stops and show some kind of error and my computer restarts again i tried to boot my computer but when i tried to boot my computer the windows logo shows and after that windows loading files and after that i saw again black screen with cursor i don't know how to start my computer i have no external device attached i also clicked on windows memory diagnostic tool but still couldn't find the problem plz help

A:windows 7 startup issue with black screen

Hello hadi and welcome to Seven Forums.

I'd try running Startup Repair using this tutorial. Run it 3 times rebooting after each scan.

Startup Repair

If this doesn't fix things I'd try the other suggestions in the troubleshooting guide prepared by one of our Forum experts.

Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/236454-windows-7-startup-issue-black-screen.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I am having Windows 7 x64 go to a black screen without a cursor on boot after the Windows splash screen appears. The problem is intermittent and started happening after a Windows automatic update. I can boot into safe mode and after a number of times pressing the restart or power button Windows finally comes up with no black screen.

Things I have tried:
1) Memory check - all good
2) chkdsk - all disks, no problems
3) Windows System Repair - got error code = 0x490, don't know what to do with that
4) Waited for hours for something to happen while black screen up - nothing ever did
5) Checked for outdated drivers - all up to date

At wits end with this problem. Please help.

A:Windows 7 x64 Black Screen on Startup NO Cursor

Hi this is for vista but the steps are the same for win 7 Fix MBR | Windows Vista Tips

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-7-x64-black-screen-on-startup-no-cursor-937634.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi folks Today I started up my PC and after the windows XP loading on black startup on Windows hanging screen screen I got nothing but a black Windows hanging on black screen on startup screen No response from the PC to keyboard commands or anything and the monitor was still showing it had a signal Several reboots and I still had the same problem Nothing beyond that screen I attempted to start it in safe mode and for some weird reason it is telling me I haven't 'activated my copy of windows' and gets stuck in a little loop Even though I clearly HAVE activated my copy of windows as I've been using Windows hanging on black screen on startup this Windows installation for months without a problem In any case after the attempt at safe mode I managed to get the machine to boot normally but I am guessing it's something of a fluke that it finally managed to start Not sure if it's related but ever since I installed a new graphics card in my machine I have been having intermittent problems with the power button For whatever reason the power button does not always work and it sometimes takes several tries to switch on There appears to be nothing wrong with the power button wiring My PSU is quite new and is a corsair W It should be enough to power my system I have a Biostar T motherboard a processor and an Nvidia graphics card Currently I have hard drives including one whose windows installation is for some reason borked and is unusably snow yet works fine as a data drive

A:Windows hanging on black screen on startup

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morgoth

Hi folks,

Today I started up my PC and after the windows XP loading screen, I got nothing but a black screen. No response from the PC to keyboard commands or anything, and the monitor was still showing it had a signal. Several reboots and I still had the same problem. Nothing beyond that screen.

I attempted to start it in safe mode and for some weird reason, it is telling me I haven't 'activated my copy of windows' and gets stuck in a little loop. Even though I clearly HAVE activated my copy of windows, as I've been using this Windows installation for months without a problem.

In any case, after the attempt at safe mode, I managed to get the machine to boot normally, but I am guessing it's something of a fluke that it finally managed to start.

Not sure if it's related, but ever since I installed a new graphics card in my machine, I have been having intermittent problems with the power button. For whatever reason, the power button does not always work, and it sometimes takes several tries to switch on. There appears to be nothing wrong with the power button wiring.

My PSU is quite new, and is a corsair 650W. It should be enough to power my system. I have a Biostar T560 motherboard, a 4400+ processor, and an Nvidia 460 graphics card. Currently I have 4 hard drives, including one whose windows installation is for some reason borked and is unusably snow yet works fine as a data drive.

I'm having nearly the same issue, start up hangs and hangs I had to unplug the computer like 6 times just for anything to load. I'm on linux and my OS hangs and freezes, it just started happening after visiting facebook, I wouldn't think a virus would hurt linux though. Unless the BIOS is infected somehow...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-hanging-on-black-screen-on-startup-612997.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello there everyone This is my first post on this forum and I am quite embarassed that black problem, XP Windows startup screen it should be one where I ask for help Well pride aside I really have no idea what to do I used my PC as sually this morning when suddenly it just froze Very well then it s Windows after all - Windows XP startup problem, black screen not overly alarmed I restarted Now it takes full or minut to boot First I see the Welcome message which persists for a minute or two Then I see a balack screen and if I am patient enough after several minutes the startup is finally complete If that wasn t bad enough afterwards the PC is running very Well it s choppy It often freezes for several seconds which is no fun at all Just to be clear I didn t change or modify anything lately apart from installing Shockwave player yesterday Also I tried going into safe mode and deleting Windows XP startup problem, black screen graphics card drivers with no effect I would be very thankfull for any help or advice Cheers Vares nbsp

Relevancy 80.84%

I have been struggling with an intermittent problem for many months and it is getting worse I am running windows vista on a toshiba satellite laptop My screen will go dark not quite as black as when the computer is off when I am using it and although the computer is still working I cannot see the screen Then on startup I can occasionally see flashes of the startup logo which is enough to let me know it is loading My cursor quits working as well After I run spybot in safe mode and then Startup screen black, screen flickers to all black run it again at startup it works for some time This last time was days So I believe I have a nasty virus I run Norton all the time spybot rather frequently and Startup screen flickers to black, then all black screen malaware bytes about once a month I am able to Startup screen flickers to black, then all black screen get it in safe mode by hitting the down arrow once and hitting enter It is very frustrating I don t think it is the video card as it is repaired after spybot use Any suggestions nbsp

A:Startup screen flickers to black, then all black screen

That is weird situation I'd say. I am unsure what actually is the issue here, perhaps one way of finding what may be happening is having a look at your Event Viewer Logs. You can find Event Viewer, in Control Panel, Administrative Tools.

Also please follow these 8-steps, and post your logs at Malware and Virus Removal Forum for analysis. Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/startup-screen-flickers-to-black-then-all-black-screen.150656/
Relevancy 80.41%

First post, so please tell me if I make any errors. After having a frustrating malware which kept closing Malwarebytes, redirecting some links to other sites, disabling access to some sites as Symantec.com, I decided to follow a step by step guide to removing Malware, which I got up to a stage of using Combofix. The guide didn't warn me of any dangers, and I should've researched it, but now after failing the Combofix Microsoft Recovery Console, whenever I start up my PC, it's stuck on a cursor with a black screen. I managed to write this via Safe Mode with Networking. Any help?

A:Windows stuck at black screen on startup after Combofix

Also if it'd help I followed this guidehttp://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=139313

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/296159/windows-stuck-at-black-screen-on-startup-after-combofix/
Relevancy 80.41%

I left my computer on over night on sunday, when i checked my computer late monday evening it just had a blank black screen on it. I rebooted the computer and it loads all the way to the winXP logo and then it displays this blank black screen with nothing on it. no sound no nothing. I tried starting "the last known good configuration" and the same thing occurs... i can start the computer in all 3 safe modes, but no other option works. i have no idea what to do. i didn't install any new software or hardware. any ideas?

A:blank black screen after windows logo on startup

Boot to safe mode, set your display for a generic vga, low resolution. Restart in standard mode, see if you get display. If so, start then, select correct display driver and try, step by step, to get back to where you were. If, somewhere along the line, you get the blank screen again, you should have an idea what happend.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blank-black-screen-after-windows-logo-on-startup.561347/
Relevancy 80.41%

Good day This is my first and screen startup with (Windows enabled Black 7) cursor on hopefully last thread on these forums as I've been experiencing a repeating problem over the last few days After turning on my PC Custom-built Windows Home Premium -bit AMD Phenom tm II X T Processor CPUs GHz MB RAM Windows will proceed as normal Black screen with cursor enabled on startup (Windows 7) up until the quot Welcome quot -screen After this screen instead of my desktop I'm left with nothing but a working cursor on a black screen Keyboard Ctrl Alt Delete Ctrl Shift ESC and clicking with the mouse are all useless at this point So far I've been able to restore functionality by doing a hard reboot into Safe Mode and using the system restore tool to a previous restore point each time I've tried using the quot low resolution quot and quot last known working configuration quot options in the boot menu on startup but these gave me the same results as a normal boot I've held off trying many other things recommended on the internet considering my limited knowledge and understanding of this subject as it is almost never Black screen with cursor enabled on startup (Windows 7) a good thing to simply experiment with these kinds of things I've downloaded the trial version of Malwarebytes and used it to scan my pc Black screen with cursor enabled on startup (Windows 7) thoroughly It came up with several infections by what seems to be a trojan The so-called quot Vendor quot is called quot Trojan Agent quot and these infections seem to occur in mostly randomly-named maps in the Temp files e g temp lt random gt plugin dll and more specifically this pathway C ProgramData Windows msseedir dll There are two other things which I noticed but which I am unsure of in how far they are related to these issues The first is that during these quot Black Screen quot -boots the screen seems to flash black for less than a second before going into the Windows Welcome screen I am unsure whether this was present before the assumed infection but I mention it for my own peace of mind in any case The second is that before this problem started my Antivirus Panda Antivirus Pro detected these potentially harmful quot Plugin dll quot files whenever I would start Google Chrome At this time I've 'converted' to Mozilla Firefox Sadly I do not possess a Windows Install disc or Boot CD as I had this PC pre-assembled and it thus came with Windows pre-installed as I made the somewhat foolish decision to not buy the Windows quot Pack quot due to monetary constraints Attached to this post you can find the zip file as was stated in the posting instructions and below this post you'll find the DDS txt I would also like to thank you in advance for any help you can offer in this matter Sincerely Tom DDS Log DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Extarion at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT AV Panda Antivirus Pro Enabled Updated - - -B - A D SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files x Panda Security Panda Antivirus Pro PskSvc exe C Windows system atieclxx exe C Program Files x Panda Security Panda Antivirus Pro TPSrvWow exe C PROGRAM FILES X PANDA SECURITY PANDA ANTIVIRUS PRO WebProxy exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Fuel Fuel Service exe C Program File... Read more

A:Black screen with cursor enabled on startup (Windows 7)

At the cost of moving this thread upwards, I'd like to add to my previous post that Malwarebytes found a Trojan.Agent file in the registry. The malicious software found by Malwarebytes is described below, and a screenshot of the scan results is attached to this post.

Vendor; Category; Item
Trojan.Agent; File; C:\ProgramData\Windows\msseedir.dll
Trojan.Agent; Registry Key; HKCR\CLSID\{312BFDCE-A901-4203-B4F2-ADCB957D1887}

Sincerely,

Tom

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/black-screen-with-cursor-enabled-on-startup-windows-7-a-687307.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I've seen a bunch of threads with w/ 7 Black - Screen Active Startup Cursor on Windows similar issues but most seem to get piled on with people either dealing with or addressing situations with slightly different details so I figured I'd start my own thread The story weeks ago my Windows -bit Windows 7 - Black Screen w/ Active Cursor on Startup system was working fine The morning of June I powered it down packed it into my car and relocated about miles away I moved the computer into my new apartment on July and there it sat unused until the evening of July I used my macbook pro in the mean time When I powered it on this evening the initial boot process seemed normal until Windows started to load I got to the screen that says Copyright Microsoft Corporation below the animated progress bar That window stays up for - seconds and then the screen flickers and goes blank A couple seconds later the mouse pointer appears All I can see on the black screen is the white mouse pointer and that's where I'm at now Some details that seem relevant and that may differentiate my situation from some of the others The mouse pointer responds as it normally would I cannot pull up the task manager i e CTL ALT DEL and CTL SHIFT ESC do nothing The Num Lock key toggles the NumLock indicator light on the keyboard Safe Mode exhibits the same problem black screen active cursor but at a lower screen resolution - Safe Mode and Safe Mode with Command Prompt both do this Running Last Known Good Configuration did not help When I start the computer and hit F to run the Repair your Computer option I am able to get to the System Recovery Options menu Restoring a System Restore Point from days before I moved did not help Poking around the system from the system recovery command prompt and from the file browser in notepad it appears as if all my files still exist on the hd Just for grins I tried launching explorer exe from the system recovery command prompt and got this error The program can't start because EXPLORERFRAME dll is missing from your computer I've disconnected everything from the machine aside from the keyboard mouse and display and it's made no difference Additionally At least some power saving features appear to be functioning - the display will go to sleep after however long it normally waits to go to sleep Wiggling the mouse wakes it back up Some people have seen that this is just a really slow boot cycle the eventually corrects itself if you leave it long enough minutes I've left this for an hour and have seen no progress I've heard some people mention that this could be a psu problem - it certainly wouldn't be the first time I had a psu fail after transporting a computer - heck it wouldn't even be the first time this summer I had that happen But it seems to me like if this were a psu problem then I wouldn't be able to do anything in the System Recovery Options window I'm open to it being hardware or software My system is typically pretty clean as far as viruses go but I did think I caught something - months ago that and was never sure I got rid of it completely I suspected I had malware virus because my Microsoft Updates began failing for no apparent reason Thoughts -Dan

A:Windows 7 - Black Screen w/ Active Cursor on Startup

The best method to fix this is from a Windows bootable CD or DVD.  Do you have that?  Can you get into Command Prompt if you do not have it?  Does someone else you know have a Windows 7 OS?  You can make one from any windows 7 OS.
Once you get to Command prompt, do the following:
in C:\ type
chkdsk /r /f 
then hit enter.  This will try to repair the corrupt files For Windows 7 using repair method can get you to the CMD prompt. 

If you do not have this then you can use a boot disk from another company.  I use Kaspersky Rescue Disk  and following the instructions.  This will boot to a OS that will allow you to get your files off your HD, and then scan and fix issues with it.

Overall the EXPLORERFRAME.DLL is more than likely the issue.  So get your files first, you can also do this by disconnecting the HD and plugging it into your other computer as a USB device.  or by using the Rescue Disk and doing it that way.

If both do not work, then you need to reinstall your OS.

If you have questions please ask.
cz

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/540667/windows-7-black-screen-w-active-cursor-on-startup/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hello, I have a Windows 7 G62 Laptop. I get past the logo screen, but before it lets me log in, it gives a black screen with the mouse cursor, but I am unable to even move the cursor. Thank you!

PierreR21

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/393969-windows-7-black-screen-mouse-cursor-startup.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hello, I have a sort of strange problem with starting my Win7 PC. Strange in so far that when googling it, nobody else seems to have experienced this. While the PC seems to boot normally, it takes some ten minutes until the screen turns on. By then the Windows login screen is there, or I can also type the password and hit enter while the screen is still black, and find myself on the desktop as soon as there is a picture. From then on the PC works flawlessly. I can also turn the monitor off and on again and it works immediately. From other threads of people having similar but not identic problems, here are some solutions I've tried without success already

-Updating graphics card driver
-Unplugging internet cable and USB drives during boot during boot

Does somebody have a clue what else it could be?

Greetings, Mike

A:Black Screen on startup: Monitor or windows broken?

Try this, while the machine is booted up and the monitor is working, turn off the monitor and leave it off for about 15 or 20 minutes. Then turn it back on and see what happens.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/329914-black-screen-startup-monitor-windows-broken.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Approx three weeks ago, I experienced a screen lock-up on a rather old Dell Laptop (Model 1450) using Windows Vista. I spazzed, tried to hard-boot (realized that a DVD was in there, poss the cause). Then reached for the Windows Vista software CD (was the wrong one - license was for other laptop).

To date, I can see the Dell Banner, the Windows Vista banner and then blackness. Nothing. No cursor...no lines...I hear the fan briefly....

Have tried to reboot in Safe mode (no luck). Pressed F2 and F12...can see both screens but Im lost.

Can't locate the orig Windows Vista cd to reload.

Is this computer dead? Any recommendations on how to revive? Lots of info on there I was hoping to extract. Thanks in advance for any advice....I'll start diggin the hole to toss the laptop into...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-at-startup-windows-vista-laptop.1058479/
Relevancy 80.41%

Ok, let's make this clear I am so pissed off right know. When I booted my PC today what was waiting for me? I managed to enter in mozilla buy pressing shift several times, etc.

So my question is how can I solve this problem? I have Windows 8 Pro 32 bit.

BTW don't mention my english.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/15307-windows-8-black-screen-after-startup-movable-cursor.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hello I have a ThinkPad Edge E bit Windows computer that is under warranty Upon normal startup I am able to load Windows and get to the user login screen After logging in I get a black screen and can Screen 7 Windows Black/Blank Startup upon Normal see the mouse cursor but no applications ever load Black/Blank Screen upon Normal Windows 7 Startup I think there is a problem that is preventing windows explorer from loading I'm not sure if this is related but a few days before this started happening I received a Windows Action Center notice that the small CA virus was detected on my computer I ran Windows Defender Malwarebytes Black/Blank Screen upon Normal Windows 7 Startup McAfee Virus Scan and Emisoft Emergency Scanner but none of them turned up any problems I'm able to run my computer through Windows safe mode with networking at the moment normally Do you know if this is a software problem and if so is it fixable If it's a hardware problem my computer is under warranty and I can send it back Thanks XSJ

A:Black/Blank Screen upon Normal Windows 7 Startup

In the Advanced Boot Options where you chose Safe Mode with Networking there is the option to Repair your computer.  Give this a try.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/518198/blackblank-screen-upon-normal-windows-7-startup/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi everyone Earlier this evening I updated my computer which following Windows Black screen cursor with on Update startup included about ten new important ones and four optional One of the optional ones was an NVIDIA drivers update Thinking little of it I set it to update then watched a movie on the computer while I waited During it the screen went black three times as if the power had been cut and the computer's noise level dropped significantly After less than a second it was back to normal in all cases and afterwards after seeing the update where the NVIDIA driver had failed to update I figured that was the problem Windows Update said it needed to restart in order to install the drivers correctly and I let it Unfortunately every time I start up now the screen goes instantly black and there is nothing but my regular windows cursor The left side goes on a bit beyond my screen I can move the cursor off-screen but that's it I have tried starting up with my the driver CD for my monitor the one for my graphics card as well as my Black screen with cursor on startup following Windows Update Windows Restore disk None of them work I also can't enter Safe Mode because it never starts up no matter how much I press F I've even tried hooking up an old keyboard in case the USB ports somehow didn't work that soon in the startup or something No dice it won't even light up the Lock keys Any help would really be appreciated

A:Black screen with cursor on startup following Windows Update

Have you tried booting in Safe mode (F8)?
Why is my screen black when I start Windows 7?

Windows 7 Black Screens of Death for Some AMD/ATI GPUs - Softpedia

windows 7 black screen after login, no desktop show up

Windows 7 Loads to a black screen. Whats the - Microsoft Answers

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/223965-black-screen-cursor-startup-following-windows-update.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Whenever I boot Windows 7, after it starts, instead of showing the login screen, it show a black screen with a movable cursor. Now, I can go into safe mode, and it works, but, hell, I can even put my password on that black screen, press enter and it will go into Windows and work just fine. But the thing is, it's supposed to show the login screen, not just a black one, so I'm a bit worried of what might be causing the problem, and whether or not it could expand into something worse. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Black Screen with Cursor on startup, but Windows works

hi kergal
press and hold f8 the power up the laptop then select repair ur computer select command prompt and write
chkdsk then write chkdsk /c
the exit
and make restart

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/216268-black-screen-cursor-startup-but-windows-works.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi,

I am running Windows XP Professional Edition SP3 and the issue is on startup after the Windows loading animation the screen goes totally black with no cursor in sight.

This happened after a power cut when the computer suddenly shut down.

I can run it in safe mode.

I can run another Windows XP Professional installation that I have on my PC (same HDD) and that works with no issues.

I used system restore (24 hours) and it starts up after that, but then after restarting it will not work. Same applies for when I did a system restore from 1 week ago.

All help is appreciated!

Sam.

A:Black Screen on Startup (Before Login Screen)

Any thoughts before I go and format the system?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-on-startup-before-login-screen.1014355/
Relevancy 79.98%

Ok I'm running Windows BSOD: screen in Pixelated Windows 7 freeze Ultimate -bit SP Hardware is about years old I put the system together myself It was originally running Windows XP For the first years everything worked fine I don't think I had a single BSOD or crash of this type but about a year ago it started doing this thing where the screen would become very pixelated and completely freeze I would need to do a hard reset This would happen randomly but usually within - minutes of using the computer It happens when I'm browsing the net or doing random things within Windows but seemingly doesn't ever happen when I'm running a game or anything graphically-intensive I can play World of Warcraft for hours with no crash or problems at all but mins into browing the web BSOD: Pixelated screen freeze in Windows 7 it will freeze I've tested all the memory and replaced the power supply video card and HDD and nothing seems to help It's BSOD: Pixelated screen freeze in Windows 7 doing the same thing no matter what Also I should mention that it started doing this when I still had XP installed and it's continued to do the same thing even now that I have Windows Sometimes there will be a month or two where it doesn't happen at all but then it will just start happening again and do it for a couple months Every time I start the computer without fail it will happen within minutes unless I'm playing a game Also for the first months or so it would just freeze with the pixelated screen and stay like that until I did a hard reset but lately after the screen messes up it BSOD: Pixelated screen freeze in Windows 7 will then switch to a BSOD still pixelated to the point where I can't even read what it says and then shut down I assume it's a hardware problem of some kind since it's persisted across operating systems Any thoughts on what the problem could be I've attached the perfmon report and the script file as instructed in the sticky Thanks

A:BSOD: Pixelated screen freeze in Windows 7

what are you running
video card
cpu
m/board
ram
power supply
brand
model
wattage

check the listings in the bios for voltages and temperatures and post them

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-pixelated-screen-freeze-in-windows-7-a-616215.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi guys I've got a nasty virus on a laptop that I cna't get rid of not yet anyway I to mode. 7 Windows start in screen have black on startup, safe have not yet run HijackThis or GMER however I have run ComboFix it found and deleated a file on the D drive called installer exe No changes Here are the symptoms When booting into normal startup it takes about minutes to get to the desktop That is from the time I see the Windows Loading screen until the screen goes black Once I have officially logged in the screen is black All I see is the mouse courser Pressing ctrl alt del does nothing Neither does pressing the Windows Windows 7 black screen on startup, have to start in safe mode. key Booting into safe mode brings up the desktop and the computer workes fine then All of the System Recovery files have been deleated Going to the Avast website brings up the quot This site has been marked as harmful and is being blocked quot screen If I make any changes to startup using the msconfig command and then restart the computer the system will hang on the Windows loading screen restart and then revert itself back to the way it was before black screen I cant run a virus scan or do anything else in Avast this isnt really the virus's fault avast dosent work in safe mode I'll post the logs of HijackThis tonight but I would like if anyone has any suggestions to help me out before then

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/windows-7-black-screen-on-startup-have-to-start-in-safe-mode-580565.html
Relevancy 79.55%

After the windows starting screen I keep getting a black screen with cursor Have the ability to move the cursor but that s about all Can t start anything not even task manager through ctrl alt delete I m using windows pro bit for a few months already Haven t installed anything myself for the last week Restoring system tells me a windows update happened the last time the PC was on so professional ~Windows startup~ 7 black 64bit, screen with after cursor I m guessing that s what caused it other then that I was only gaming a bit Already tried restoring system to a date where it did ~Windows 7 professional 64bit, black screen with cursor after startup~ function through windows install DVD tried several restore points repairing the startup through windows install DVD yet it gave no problems back repairing the memory through windows install DVD yet it gave no problems back Running in safemode gives lower res bigger mouse cursor but still black screen without anything to do Running in safemode with command prompt but no command prompt is showing up Using windows r to bring up command doesn t function Running in lowres brings same result as safemode Disconnecting all USB devices Looked online but every solution I found either managed to get to still have access to task manager safemode working ~Windows 7 professional 64bit, black screen with cursor after startup~ or system restore working Any help is appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-professional-64bit-black-screen-with-cursor-after-startup.968059/
Relevancy 79.55%

I have an Acer laptop I've upgraded to Black Windows While Direct Repair 10 Cursor Screen to with Startup Windows last month from Windows It worked fine for the first month but while I was watching a movie on my laptop and opened up another program I like to use the another program wouldn't respond I tried to close it but wouldn't close So I close the DVD Windows 10 Black Screen with Cursor While Direct to Startup Repair player VLC Media Player and tried to close the program nothing helped I tried to end task by using the Task Manager but wouldn't open I had no choice but nbsp to shut down my laptop by holding the power button When I reboot my laptop I didn't see the Windows logo on the screen so I held the power button again But when I reboot again however it finally showed the Windows logo but no spinning circle for a couple of minutes I saw the screen that is getting directed to the startup repair Unfortunately it didn't show anything at all but the cursor I Windows 10 Black Screen with Cursor While Direct to Startup Repair tried again rebooting everything nothing helped I went to the local computer store to solve the problem the tech said that my laptop's hard drive got fried Now I have to get a new laptop but my old one is fixable but it's very expensive to fix it

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0dd022f5-dd59-4ba1-8b41-a5d0231c8944/windows-10-black-screen-with-cursor-while-direct-to-startup-repair?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello, so this morning I got the latest update for my windows 8.1 machine, and now it is getting a black screen during startup. It does the acer startup screen with the logo, and then proceeds to get stuck on a black screen. I can get into the recovery menu but when I tried to enter safe mode, it got hung up trying to log in (infinitely loading). I have also already tried refreshing, and a hard reset. Please help!

A:Newest Windows 8.1 Update Causing Black Screen on Startup

What do you mean by hard reset? If you can get to the System Recovery Options you could try doing a System Restore to before you did the update.
System Restore - How to Do in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/57655-newest-windows-8-1-update-causing-black-screen-startup.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi Windows have start mode. to black 7 on screen safe in startup, guys I ve got a nasty virus on a laptop that I cna t get rid of not yet anyway I have not yet run HijackThis or GMER however I have run ComboFix it found and deleated a file on the D drive called installer exe Windows 7 black screen on startup, have to start in safe mode. No changes Here are the symptoms When booting into normal startup it Windows 7 black screen on startup, have to start in safe mode. takes about minutes to get to the Windows 7 black screen on startup, have to start in safe mode. desktop That is from the time I see the Windows Loading screen until the screen goes black Once I have officially logged in the screen is black All I see is the mouse courser Pressing ctrl alt del does nothing Neither does pressing the Windows key Booting into safe mode brings up the desktop and the computer workes fine then All of the System Recovery files have been deleated Going to the Avast website brings up the quot This site has been marked as harmful and is being blocked quot screen If I make any changes to startup using the msconfig command and then restart the computer the system will hang on the Windows loading screen restart and then revert itself back to the way it was before black screen I cant run a virus scan or do anything else in Avast this isnt really the virus s fault avast dosent work in safe mode I ll post the logs of HijackThis tonight but I would like if anyone has any suggestions to help me out before then

A:Windows 7 black screen on startup, have to start in safe mode.

Try going into safe mode with networkingRun MBAM (MalwareBytes):Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.Troubleshoot Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware [/quote]

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/403757/windows-7-black-screen-on-startup-have-to-start-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello I've just bought a brand new Asus X LB laptop Then I installed windows tenterprise x Then I put the DVD which I got with my laptop install VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR screen startup Can't windows black drivers on into the rom and started installing drivers There were of them The first were istalled smoothly then it was realtek LAN driver It didn't finish because i got this blue screen VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR telling me laptop has to reboot Then the windows is loading and at the moment when the screen has to show users suddenly Can't install drivers VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR black screen on windows startup the screen turns off then turns on again but still black I was waiting for minutes but it Can't install drivers VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR black screen on windows startup remain black only the cursor showing itself when moving So I turned off the laptop Then turned on again and still the same black screen Then I hold the power button for a few seconds So I was able to start windows again I've tried skip this driver and move to ralink wireless LAN driver And the same old story again I have no clue what can cause all this nonsense How I supposed to install my drivers Even without installing them may this error occur again Please help

A:Can't install drivers VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR black screen on windows startup

try this Audio driver

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8/Audio/Audiao_Realtek_Win8_64_VER6017023.zip

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/cant-install-drivers-video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error-black-screen-on-windows-startup-883057.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I was trying to install some themes I was un-installing one that I had already picked so it would usually switch back to default theme, but it switched to a blue screen and stayed like that so I had restarted my computer and when I do that I get a black screen where I should login the only thing I can see is my mouse pointer.

I have tried re-installing windows through usb.
Windows Defender Offline gives me an error upon booting it.
I also have tried starting it from Safe mode but it still didn't change anything.

Also I am not able to Restore or Factory Reset.

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/54262-windows-8-1-theme-change-error-black-screen-startup.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi there I have just started having this problem Everything was running fine previously I hadn't changed anything except for a couple of recommended settings given by system mechanic which I've had on my system for a couple of years now When I boot up the computer directly after the Microsoft logo and green progress bar it hangs for up to mins on a black screen The mouse arrow is the only thing visible The HD activity light is off black before startup screen hangs loading windows at Slow After that windows loads The computer behaves as normal after that I reinstalled windows and all other software which seemed to sort Slow startup hangs at black screen before loading windows the issue until I installed sp which has now brought me back to square Computer is running xp pro media centre with sp I am using Avast free Anti-virus Comodo Dragon Firewall and Malwarebytes Slow startup hangs at black screen before loading windows pro which I've been using for more than years I also have ccleaner and spywareblaster again for more than years Any help would be much appreciated Ali

A:Slow startup hangs at black screen before loading windows

Please download MiniToolBox --> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/minitoolbox/

Check all of the boxes and then click on Go. When you get the report, please attach it here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/492138/slow-startup-hangs-at-black-screen-before-loading-windows/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi guys. I've searched over the forums for a similar problem and I've found that people say to boot in safe mode. The problem with that, however, is that I only get a black screen when I start up and don't know how I would boot in safe mode. This started after I updated the display driver. Reformatting would not be an issue if someone could explain how to do it without being able to see. Thanks.

I'm using Windows XP Home Edition.

A:Windows XP: Installed New Display Driver and now only get a black screen on startup

if you're getting a blank screen, this a no post. Do you see a ram or bios test when you power on? Read my NO POST guide in the guides forum.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-installed-new-display-driver-and-now-only-get-a-black-screen-on-startup.137322/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi just been given a pc that has the above happening Done a google screen Windows cursor mouse at with startup 7 black moveable on the subject and Windows 7 black screen at startup with moveable mouse cursor it seems to point to either the mobo or the HDD or the last installed driver But I can do a system restore to the th of october and it works fine for Windows 7 black screen at startup with moveable mouse cursor a couple of reboots then it does the same thing I ran the inbuilt check system the pc has and it didnt find any issues with hardware I have avast running malwarebytes running and have run rkill exe all with nothing found The PC is only years old There has been no new installs of any software or drivers and the owner says it was closed down nights ago and took minutes or so to shut down and since then it has started up once ok then Windows 7 black screen at startup with moveable mouse cursor locked up and started displaying the fault Im quite happy to back up the customers files and do a full reinstall as a last resort but if it then happens again I need to be able to tell him what if anything is faulty Edit just found a thread that says avast can cause the issue this would make sense as it auto updates after the system restore im going to disable avast for now and see if it clears the issue Edit So I ran safemode and disable avast as a service and the pc booted up fine BUT when it loads the desktop and the starts to load the various things in the system tray the desktop flickers and then it starts again building the system tray icons reenabling the avast service causes the issue to return so this is most definate the culprit Im going to do a system restore and uninstall avast back soon Ok so I uninstalled Avast and it still does the same thing next was to do a restore and then untick all the startup items in msconfig this should ensure what ever is causing the failure to clear but nope all items unticked and its still doing the same thing Im now starting a backup of the customers data in preparation for a reinstall nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-black-screen-at-startup-with-moveable-mouse-cursor.186873/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello all I am currently experiencing some issues with an Hp Pavilion dv running Windows Home Premium After startup the windows logo is displayed and then the screen goes black with only the cursor visible The cursor is movable I have tried booting into safe mode however the same black screen with movable cursor appears I have already tried a number of solutions I found online and all thus far have failed I tried pressing control alt delete at the black screen and nothing comes up I have tried booting in low-res mode to see screen black with Windows no startup, cursor after mode 7 safe if a graphics driver was the issue still only a black screen with cursor I have tried connecting to an external monitor with no luck Windows 7 black screen with cursor after startup, no safe mode as well I have also ran memtest and a hard drive test both of which showed no issues I have already ran Malwarebytes offline through Hirens BootCD and also ran Offline Windows Defender to get rid of any malware or viruses I have also loaded a Windows Repair disk and have attempted a Startup Repair in which it shows no issues a System Restore which is unsuccessful and have also tried booting with the last known good configuration which also did not work I did some more exploring using the command prompt on the Windows repair disk When I run bootrec scanos I receive a message saying Successfully scanned Windows installations Total identified Windows installations The operation completed successfully I am unsure what else to try and I m really trying to avoid doing a clean install I have access to a desktop running Windows that I can hook the notebook hard drive up to via SATA if this helps at all Any help getting this laptop to boot windows again would be GREATLY appreciated Thank you

A:Windows 7 black screen with cursor after startup, no safe mode

Although this was originally issued for Vista, the techniques apply to any HP system and/or Windows O/S, IMO.  I would try the steps outlined.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01634637

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576728/windows-7-black-screen-with-cursor-after-startup-no-safe-mode/
Relevancy 79.55%

So I tried to tune up and clean my friend's laptop a couple of days ago. I removed some spyware with AdwCleaner, turned Windows updates on, installed CCleaner, MalwareBytes and Avast (she used an old version of AVG), every scan was fine.Today she called me to say that when she opened a second tab in Chrome, all of a sudden a few porn sites popped up. She ran Malwarebytes, there was nothing found. And just now she called me that after 61 updates were installed, there was the message "configuring windows" and then it restarted and she got a black screen. She tried to turn it on again,and the same thing, only a black screen. Can you help me, and please fast, since this is her father's working laptop and he needs it and I feel like I'm to blame :/

A:Black screen upon startup after installing Windows updates ASAP.

Turn off the computer and unplug everything from the computer except the power cable. Boot the computer and let it sit for about 20 minutes and then shut it back off. Plug everything back in and boot it. It should start working again.

I have had this happen to a couple computers at work and that is how I fixed it.

David

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/513745/black-screen-upon-startup-after-installing-windows-updates-asap/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi all I Screen Black Help! freeze after just started having this problem with my PC It is home built and has been running fine for quite a while It is tyan thunder K X motherboard AMD MP GHz processors GB DDR ECC memory Nvidia graphic board forget which Help! Black Screen after freeze one Ok so here s the Help! Black Screen after freeze symptoms I shut the machine down at night When I power up in the morning it is fine boots up and runs for maybe minutes then will either completely freeze or blue screen with various error messages When it froze this last time I hit the Help! Black Screen after freeze reset button and it goes to a black screen no blinking cursor nothing it is most definately NOT booting The power button or additional resets don t do anything So I remove power Turn it back on same thing Black screen Hit the reset button now it will boot and run all day without a problem Pretty weird So in my first troubleshooting effort this morning instead of booting windows I popped my memtest floppy disk in and let it sit and spin Figured I wanted to eliminate the OS and or drivers from the problem After about minutes I got a bunch of multi colored random characters on the screen Went through the same power up sequence with the same issues as above and now it is happily spinning away in memtest without issue Any ideas what could be going on here Some sort of temperature problem problem when cold If so where do I even start Any help GREATLY appreciated Patti nbsp

A:Help! Black Screen after freeze

when you get the error message, make a note of the error code then post again. if the blue screen is not up long enough try and take a picture of it (it works you just have to be quick lol).

when we have the code it will be easier to figure out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-black-screen-after-freeze.44777/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello I ve came here again with the same issue yet it s way worse than before I have an Asus K SC laptop running Windows Ultimate My issue is that my laptop freezes followed by a total black out the laptop is still running but I can t do anything even the cursor disappears and if I have a sound on background it repeats the last syllables forever screen freeze Black Sometimes it occurs without a freeze just my monitor Black screen freeze turning black and other times I get a blue screen What I ve seen Black screen freeze during my troubleshooting tries is that whenever I don t get the blue screen when only the monitor turns black the event is not recognised as a crash This occurs when I browse the internet most of the times when I watch a video having pictures loading in the background gifs it even occurs when I m watching movies or playing games it occurs while playing and alt tab it Another thing I observed is that it occurs more often when running on High Performance Entertaining Mode while when on Battery Saving it only occured while watching movies or playing games I have tried to reproduce the problem in Safe Mode but for some reason it never occured Initially it was only occuring when I was alt tabbing games now it expanded to all other situations I previously mentioned My spec OS W Ultimate bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - QM CPU GHz CPUs RAM GB Graphics Intel HD Graphics I also have a Nvidia Geforce GT MX GB but I never find it mentioned in my specs I hope someone can help me any ideas are welcome I m desperate I suspect a GPU problem but meh what do I know I hope I posted in the right section Thank you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 78.69%

Hello, I'm having an issue with my PC I've put together and am not sure what is causing it. When I am playing games Like Team Fortress 2 and Command and conquer my PC locks up with a black screen and sound loop. There is no particular time when it happens, sometimes it takes an hour or two and then happens every ten to fifteen minutes. and sometimes it happens after twenty minutes and sometimes it doesn't happen at all. I can leave my computer on for hours and no problems, only when I play games. Anyone have any Ideas?

PC Components:
Lanparty UT ICFX3200-T2R/G Motherboard
Pentium D Extreme 840 @ 3.2Ghz
2 x 2Gig Buffalo pc6400 single channel RAM
ATI Radeon 4830 video card
WD 320 Gig SATA harddrive
hec Orion HP585D power supply 585 Watts
Alpine DVD drive

A:Black screen freeze up

If it only happens when you are playing games, and at different times during the games, it's probably a graphics card issue. You may want to install and graphics card fan to keep the temp down, or possibly consider upgrading your graphics card.

I would first suggest running a quick diagnostic on it, search for the burn in diagnostic tool from the downloads section of the site and let it run, it will test your graphics card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-freeze-up.126900/
Relevancy 78.69%

When I launch a game I have to wait like a minute until it launches after that a black screen appears, no sound and i cant do anything. I tried pressing windows key l, alt tabbing, ctrl+alt+delete, alt+f4 nothing helps only power button.
I have all the latest drivers, did a virus scan, checked for windows updates, defraged my hard drive. This happens for all my games but not always.

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/37640-black-screen-freeze.html