Windows Support Forum

Missing network controller and local area connection

Q: Missing network controller and local area connection

Hey guys My internet provider has just recently been switched to Time Warner Cable They came by and hooked everything up to my desktop and my internet worked for that day The next day I had to call technical support and road runner services because my computer says I m connected but I m not sending nor receiving area Missing network connection and local controller any packets Road Runner took me through Device Manager where I noticed a big yellow question mark near Other Devices Network Controller Also after going through my Network Connections there s no Local Area Connection listed The techs responded that they couldn t help me unless I fixed my computer software I have already tried going through Computer Management and checking Plug And Play Services amp RPC Missing network controller and local area connection Services Any other suggestions are much appreciated I m currently working off of my laptop because I can t get online with my desktop Any requested information would just Missing network controller and local area connection be done by my usb flash Missing network controller and local area connection drive Thank you so much for your time nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Missing network controller and local area connection

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Missing network controller and local area connection

Open device manager. Uninstall those device with ? on them. Reinstall drivers for your network adapter.

What devices are listed under network adapter?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/missing-network-controller-and-local-area-connection.174762/
Relevancy 109.65%

I have a Windows 7 Home Premium computer that is not connected to the internet. I have checked the drivers and they are all installed correctly and operational. When I go into the adapter settings there is no Local Area Connection adapter. I have included some screen shots of what I am seeing if they help.

-Chris

A:Local Area Connection missing from network adapters, no connection

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

In that computer management window (while Device Manager is selected in the left pane), select View from the menu bar. Then uncheck View hidden devices. Do you see any Network adapters now?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/295663-local-area-connection-missing-network-adapters-no-connection.html
Relevancy 108.36%

I have no Local Area Connections showing up in my Network Connections folder. I have an operational network connection via the ethernet port on my HP pavillion running Windows 7 Ultimate and the icon shows up in the status bar. I have no way of copying and modifying it.
My connections for my home group shows a blank although I am connected.

What has happened to the Local Area Connection icons, display data? More importantly how do I restore it?

I was trying to connect to a piece of equipment and discovered that I could not locate the local area connections to copy and create the required communication specifications.

Thanks
Steve

A:Local Area Connection Missing from network adapters but operational

Could you post a screenshot of what is available in your network connections so that I can better identify your issue.

Could you go to device manager and then check if there are any red X's by any devices. If so please post back your results

To access device manager please open the attached folder and then open the file to view the steps.

Many Thanks,
Josh!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/295312-local-area-connection-missing-network-adapters-but-operational.html
Relevancy 108.36%

I recently upgraded a Windows 2000 PC (with an ASUS P4PE-800SE board) to Windows XP Pro. We have a Raid array (FastTrak TX2) and are using an onboard network adapter (Marvell 1207F). The internet and network connection work fine, however there is no icon for local area connection in Network Connections, and there is also no 1394 connection. The Device manager shows that the device is working properly, and the driver is an up-to-date version.

I have tried the fixes listed on Microsoft's site about this problem to no avail. The user needs to be able to manager her own network connection and is incapable or unwilling to use the Netsh command line interface. Please help.

A:Local Area Connection Icon in Network Connections missing

Are you saying that if you click Start, Network Connections, nothing shows?

Or do you mean the Task Bar icon?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/local-area-connection-icon-in-network-connections-missing-454468.html
Relevancy 107.07%

I need help.
My local area connection is missing even the network adapters in the device manager.. While using our desktop, i noticed that the electricity flickered( once) then my internet connection disappeared.. so i had to go to network and sharing center and manage my connections. i disable and enable my local area connection and can't still connect.. so i restarted my PC and then boom.. Local area connection missing, so i had to search the net using our laptop. then even in the device manager the network adapters are missing.. i also re install its drive, used system restore.. still failed..

Motherboard: Asus P8H77-M LE
Processor: i7 3rd gen
Video card: NVDIA

A:Local Area Connection and Network Adapters in Device Manger is Missing

Welcome axionman,

Have you tried re-booting your cable modem & router if you have those ?

How do you connect to the internet ? Your service provider ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/291231-local-area-connection-network-adapters-device-manger-missing.html
Relevancy 107.07%

Recently, I've found that the Local Area Connection icon is missing from my Network Connections folder, but my connection still works. However, I cannot run my system on my WRT54G Linksys router (Yes, it sucks, I know), and as I have multiple systems in the house, this is a problem.

As it stands, I can run directly off the cable, but not when connected to the router. I cannot edit my connection settings. I've tried several microsoft fixes, such as the ones here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/254631/
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/269019/

If anyone has any other help, it would be greatly appreciated.

A:RESOLVED Missing Local Area Connection icon in Network Connections

Maybe something here may help http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/resolved-missing-local-area-connection-icon-in-network-connections-161848.html
Relevancy 94.17%

I bought an built a new computer. And one night I was using it an didn't notice a thunder storm/lightning storm going on outside. So when the power went out an what not, I quickly disconnected everything. But it seems the damage was done already. When I turned my computer back on and plugged the internet cord back in. I couldn't get on the net. I checked my Network and I don't see my Local Area Connection Icon there, nor do I see the connection. I need major help. COuld it be that the power surge burnt out my NIC?

This is a picture of my mother board.

Can someone tell me what to do?

Relevancy 94.17%

Please help. I have windows xp. My ISP and Router work fine as does my laptop. But on my desktop I keep losing my Local Area Connection. I find that cannoct connect to internet at times and sometimes after rebooting I can but all of a sudden it disappears. I am reinstalling Network Driver and called Dell who said this is solution but still it happens. Icheck Control Panel/Network Connections and Local Area Connection is missing or there but driver missing.

A:Local Area Connection goes missing

I'm having a hard time following your issue. So when your desktop loses its connection you can still see the "Local Area Connection" under your network connections or does it disappear from there also?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/local-area-connection-goes-missing-426780.html
Relevancy 94.17%

I have a Dell Dimension and I have a wired ethernet cable connection from Comcast My modem is a Motorola SURFboard SB and my router is a Compusa Cable DSL Router with -Port Switch SKU I have had the same Windows XP installation for many months until a few days ago when I decided to format it and install a fresh Windows because my PC was going really slow and I thought it was time for a fresh Please Connection Local Missing Help! Area - and faster XP So I did a fresh installation of XP to replace my old one The installation went well but when I logged in I realized that the Local Area Connection was missing So I can t connect to the Internet It doesn t Missing Local Area Connection - Please Help! let me add a home network connection which is what I have because it says that I don t have the hardware required installed properly My internet connection was installed automatically with my previous XP installation as I would assume happens with most installations and I have never have had to install any hardware so I was very shocked I tried installing XP more times with different CDs and I did the long format but the same problem was on each installation Two days ago I installed Vista Ultimate to see if my internet would work on it and it did My internet connection was automatically installed with Vista and the Internet is working perfectly So I guess my network hardware must be installed properly if it works on Vista But now I m confused with what the cause of the problem is I think it may be my hard drive BIOS settings or my network settings for XP I appreciate all comments and advice If you need any more info or have a solution reply or e-mail me at email protected nbsp

A:Missing Local Area Connection - Please Help!

Install the chipset and NIC drivers from your Drivers CD, or get the latest package from Dell's web site. Use your Service Tag for fairly painless searching on their site.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-local-area-connection-please-help.643995/
Relevancy 94.17%

I am trying to get my local area connection to reappear after I accidently erased it from network connections in XP. My questions are these:

Do I have to reinstall my drivers from the XP disk or is there another easier way to re-create this connection?

Also, I would I know for sure if the drivers are missing? My command prompt does not show the Ethernet Adapter Local Area Connection but my device manager lists the network card as installed on my computer.

A:Local Area Connection Missing!

Remove the network card from device manager lists. After that windows auto detect and reinstall your card, Local Area Connection will be back

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection-missing.824647/
Relevancy 94.17%

Okay it's going to sound confusing my Safe Mode and Networking is working with the internet but it is saying No Connection is available Area Local Missing Connection Is When I open Network and Sharing Center it will tell me View your basic network information and set up connection It will say Unknown The dependency services or group failed to start Local Area Connection Is Missing I tried to troubleshoot the problem but it will give me a error message of Package ID Unknown Path C windows diagnostic system networking Error Code x BA Source Engine User Family -PC Family Context Elevated But the strangest thing in the change adapter settings it shows the Local Area Connection is enable but not Network Local Area Connection Is Missing and Sharing Center The beauty of this story when I'm off the Safe Mode and Networking and in Normal Windows there is no internet connection at all When in the Normal Mode it will say the same from on top View your basic network information and set up connections Unknown The dependency services or group failed to start In the adapter settings there is no Local Area Connection Icon at all When I run the Services to start and stop programs I get error messages in all internet related commands the error messages are etc So all this headache of a problem what can I do to take care of it It be nice to get my computer internet connection up and running again Thank you so much Tony

A:Local Area Connection Is Missing

Just a thought here: have you tried uninstalling all network adapters; rebooting; then reinstalling them and rebooting again to see if that solves the issue? If not; I would give that a shot and report back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/345922-local-area-connection-missing.html
Relevancy 94.17%

I have a laptop running vista 32bit, it had a minor bug and needed windows updates, after all was said and done everything booted up and "appeared" to be working fine. Then later it was discovered that "Local area network" was missing, no icon, no connection listing. Ok lets check the drivers. Humm missing also, almost as if there is no hardware? Ok check the bios, shows enabled? This connection was working just before the cleaning and upgrade? Anyone have any suggestions short of a wipe and reload to fix this issue? Just a FYI, the wireless works fine?

Thanks.

A:Local area connection missing?

Use driver max to get the driver you need.
http://www.innovative-sol.com/drivermax/

Please download FarbarServiceScanner and run it on the computer with the issue.
http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/farbar/FSS.exe
Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet Services
Windows Firewall
System Restore
Security Center/Action Center
Windows Update

Press "Scan".
It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
Please copy and paste the log to your reply.
Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it.
http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/farbar/MiniToolBox.exe

Checkmark following boxes:
Report IE Proxy Settings
Report FF Proxy Settings
List content of Hosts
List IP configuration
List Winsock Entries
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size
Click Go and post the result.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/447421/local-area-connection-missing/
Relevancy 94.17%

Hi I'm new here..I Issue is i did a diagnostic start up after having a issue with my cpu to get it back ... but it caused my local area connection and network to be completly missing and my windows wont recognize it on start u. i'm a college student and i really need to know how to fix it. Please send me some feedback on what to do.

Relevancy 94.17%

I have seen different posts on here about the missing icon,But that is not my problem....Yes,My icon is gone,But so is my whole drive or so I am told.I keep being told my network drives are missing,But no one seems to be able to tell me how to get them back.I can't search and recover them.Because I am assuming they were deleted with everything else when I rebooted with Windows Sp3,But unlike the rest my network didn't return.Is there any way anyone here could help me please.I'm ganna be moving to a new place in a couple week and it would be so hard to continue my school without my computer."Their Library sucks one computer for 30 min."

So can someone help.Has anyone heard of this before? Thanks yall any help is appreciated

Relevancy 94.17%

Hello I believe my computer was zapped Missing Connection Area Local by Missing Local Area Connection lightening - not Missing Local Area Connection only did it get the computer but also the external modem and a wireless router Everything was working fine until a bad thunderstorm over the weekend Since then I have been unable to connect to the internet We ve replaced the modem and can now connect on one computer in our house but not on the other When I go to the Control Panel Network Connections all that shows is the Wireless Connection which I don t use There used to be a Local Area Connection listed here I did a google search and was directed to look at the Network Adapters in the Device Manager - it should show an Intel R PRO Wireless BG as well as a Realtek RTL Ethernet NIC - it ONLY shows the WIRELESS My question is can I just download the Realtek RTL on my other computer and transfer it to the one that is not working or is it a bigger problem than that Any help would be much appreciated THANK YOU nbsp

A:Missing Local Area Connection

Did you replace the router?

It would appear you only replaced the modem.

"We've replaced the modem and can now connect on one computer in our house, but not on the other."
If only using a modem that would be correct. You need a router if more than one.

If you turn off the working one, after a reboot does the other start working?

If you are still using the router make sure you connected the modem to the wan port not one of the lan port.

You don't xfer drivers from one pc to another. You first go into device manager and make sure the nic is showing. If an exclaimation point you need to load the driver for it which you can download from your pcs web site or take it off the cd that came with the system.
When the hardware is working then you install networking.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-local-area-connection.720179/
Relevancy 94.17%

Hi, I am using Windows Vista and I normally use a wireless internet connection, which has been working fine. I was on the road and wanted to plug into an ethernet internet connection, but it would not work. To my surprise, the network connections is missing an icon for Local Area Connection! It has an icon for wireless, and one for my Home Network that I used to have, but have not used in some time.

Using my wireless connection, I have tried re-downloading the network card driver from the HP website, but that did not help. When I take a look in the device manager, it appears to show up fine without any "x" or "!" symbol over the network card adapter, which shows separately from the wireless adapter. Any idea how I can go about fixing this?

Thank you in advance for any help that you may be able to offer!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/226875/missing-local-area-connection/
Relevancy 94.17%

I am currently connected through a wireless connection and am trying to connect through my ethernet port. (I used to be able to do this.)

In network connections, though, it only lists the wireless connection, not the local area connection.

Someone suggested that I was missing my ethernet drivers, so I downloaded those, but that didn't seem to do anything.

Any suggestions?

Relevancy 94.17%

I recently discovered that my computer will no longer connect to the internet using an ethernet cord I have done some research and found other postings on this matter however nothing seems to work In the Area Connection Missing, Local HELP!! Network Local Area Connection Missing, HELP!! Connections I no longer have quot Local Area Connection quot and when searching in Local Area Connection Missing, HELP!! the Device Manager under Network Adapters I only have the quot Net Adapter quot and the quot Broadcom b g WAN quot I believe that there should be another Net Adapter under Device Manager for the LAN just not sure where to download it or what it should be Not sure if I deleted my Network Interface Card I have a Compaq Presario V US laptop which is running Windows XP Pro Version Service Pack My computer has an AMD Turion X I don't know a lot about computers but I have already attempted a System Restore and tried to update all the drivers from using Compaq support Please Help

A:Local Area Connection Missing, HELP!!

When you put the Ethernet cable into the back of the network card, do you see any nearby lights that come on?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/local-area-connection-missing-help-435062.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Iam not able to see my local area connection in my network
Please solve it out
I tried using my Device manger and the hidden devises in it but could not solve it .

A:My Local Area Connection is missing

Hello Nirmooz . please do this : System Info - See Your System Specs[2]=General%20Tips . Use that to post your system info in your profile . then use this to post your internet info : Basic Requirements Before Posting your Networking Thread Thank you in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/339687-my-local-area-connection-missing.html
Relevancy 94.17%

In the Network amp Sharing Center's quot Change Adapter Settings quot there are usually Local Area Connection wired and Wireless Network Connection For as long as I can remember my computer and I'm not sure why has had Local Area Connection Local Area Connection Network cable unplugged Wireless Network Connection and Wireless Network Connection Not connected Here's the background story I always used Wireless connections There's no problem with that now I can connect fine I recently connected my XBOX through my Dell Inspiron's port by allowing other computers to connect through my Local Area Connection For the first few days it worked fine without problems I came home yesterday to find there was no connection through to my XBOX Here's the problem I found that in the Network amp Sharing Center's Network Connections my Local Area Connection is nowhere to be found My LAC WNC and WNC are still there I have checked my Device Manager to see if my LAC was disabled I have also Local Area Connection Missing been looking around forums and such-like to find anything to Missing Local Area Connection help please let me know Thanks Vic

A:Missing Local Area Connection

You should first try going into Device Manager and disable the connections that aren't being used, especially the Msoft virtual wifi miniport which tends to cause connection problems when it's enabled but not being used.

I'm not sure what happened to your local area connection but shared connections aren't something that I would call reliable as you have found out.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/243698-missing-local-area-connection.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Okay, so a long time ago i tried to use my laptop to connect to xbox live using my wireless internet. It said in the guide that after bridging and all that, i wont be able to use the port for connecting to the internet with an ethernet cable. Well, i was stupid and decided to do it, and can't find a fix for it anywhere. The Local Area Connection is completely missing and when i connect an ethernet cable to the port, nothing happens. I wont go into details, but now i need to use an ethernet cable instead of wireless to connect to my internet, and my port doesnt work and I cant find the Local Area Connection. here's an image so I dont get spammed with people asking me to give them full system scan info. Running windows 7 64 bit.

A:Local Area Connection Missing

re install the drivers for your Network Adapter

The drivers are usually on the motherboard packages sub listing for Network (NIC)from the manufacturer website

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/453345/local-area-connection-missing/
Relevancy 94.17%

Hi about a week ago i was useing my computer as a moderm for my xbox 360 it was working perfectually until the other dam i think i may have deleted something in network shareing, i have googled the problem and tried every thing that every site has told me but it still wont show up i have posted screen shots of my network and shareings.http://i51.tinypic.com/ipd44g.jpg http://i53.tinypic.com/70ykp5.png as u can see in them there is no local area connection. i have also tired reinstalling the drivers.

A:Local area connection missing

Quote: Originally Posted by wabitman

Hi about a week ago i was useing my computer as a moderm for my xbox 360 it was working perfectually until the other dam i think i may have deleted something in network shareing, i have googled the problem and tried every thing that every site has told me but it still wont show up i have posted screen shots of my network and shareings.http://i51.tinypic.com/ipd44g.jpg http://i53.tinypic.com/70ykp5.png as u can see in them there is no local area connection. i have also tired reinstalling the drivers.

I had a similar problem some time ago.. I uninstalled the device, and since the NIC was on my mobo I disabled it in the bios and rebooted. The device was thus removed from device manager. I then re-enabled it in the BIOS and boot the PC again, it then detected it and installed the M$ drivers, which I then replaced with drivers supplied with the mobo.

This worked for me... Perhaps you might have similar good luck?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/134475-local-area-connection-missing.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Hi Guys
I have been using a HUAWEI Optus Mobile Broadband 3G For around 2 years. Around 5 months ago I did not know this would affect me. I was online when a box came up saying Optus 2 and I had no idea what it meant. I just changed it's name to Optus and left it. Later I could not connect to my XBOX through it anymore. All of the options for sharing and so on are correct. What has happened is the the Connection is called optus not Local Area Connection. I am trying to find out how to change this the Connection to Local Area Connection. Here is a small picture.
http://attachments.techguy.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=195079&stc=1&d=1310963345
I am on Vista

Thanks for your help
Birdy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection-missing.1007883/
Relevancy 93.31%

Ok so I've looked around this forum and other forums for how to get back the Local area connection and i get stuck. In the Network Connections, I only have "1394 Net Adapter" and no Local Area Connection. What's going on. They say make sure in the device manager it is not disabled. But I only have the 1394 Net Adapter driver in the Network Adapters. Where is my local area connections driver ? Its not there !

I have a clear modem (CPEi 25150) and a D-Link wireless router (DIR-601) and they are connected and set up. It all worked fine before I reset my PC back to factory settings and wiped out everything, but now this happens and I can't get on the Internet. Help ?

A:Local Area Connection missing and no Internet Connection.

Hello,

Have you tried going to "Add hardware" in control panel?

Start -> Control Panel -> Add Hardware -> Click next, and it should detect the network adapter is connected to your computer but hasn't been installed and it should install it for you.

Post back here with results aswell

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection-missing-and-no-internet-connection.1009995/
Relevancy 93.31%

I have has Windows SP3 since it came out and have not had any problems. Now my Local Area Connections have dissappeared yet I can still connect to the internet. It says that my 1394 adapter, and both Ethernet cards are working fine, so I have no clue whats goin on. I have a Abit fatal1ty AN9 32X MB with the dual network cards built in, and nothing at all seems to be wrong with them, but as I said, they don't showup anywhere on my PC, except for Device Manager and it says that they are working correctly, so can someone help me plz? I'm not sure if it's malware, a virus or what, I have Bitdefender Total Security 2008 and ran a virus scan and found nothing, also cleaned what Ad-Aware found, and ran "Hi-Jack This" but found nothing!

A:Windows XP SP3 Local Area Connection Missing

Hi .I guess that my question is...where do you think that they ought to show up...where they are not reflected?Are they reflected in Device Manager?Device Manager Basics - http://www.cybertechhelp.com/tutorial/arti...-manager-basics Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/174603/windows-xp-sp3-local-area-connection-missing/
Relevancy 93.31%

hello well as failed connection local missing area goes and then the title to this thread says i have not been able to connect to my local area connection it says it failed and then later goes missing The internet worked fine during the day local area connection failed and then goes missing but when i got home i noticed this problem I am currently runnign windows xp pro and i have no idea how and why this is happening i have my broadband modem set up to a linksys n router and everything seems to be ok form the service providers end I say this because local area connection failed and then goes missing the wireless internet is working on all the other devices connecting to this internet such as the laptop i am writing off of now The only problem is that the computer that this is happening to is connected via wire pc link I checked the back of the computer where the link is made to the ethernet port and the green light is going but doesnt seem to be doing anything else Lastly i realized that some packets were sent but werent recieved and then all of a sudden packets stopped sending Ireally need this computer fixed because it is where i store all of my work and where my printer is connected for wireless printing now it doesnt seem to work when printing from a laptop either- error sending request If anyone could help that would be greatly appreciated -nabster nbsp

Relevancy 93.31%

Hi there having a bit of a problem where my Local Area Connection is just not showing at all. It's weird because I had it once but now it doesn't come up. I need it so I can transfer files to my original xbox. I have checked that the wire works fine but when it comes to the PC itself, it doesn't show up at all. Does anyone have any ideas of what I should be doing next or what I can do to get it back? Thanks

A:Local Area Connection gone missing for Windows 7

Just Say: Hocus-Pocus and Abracadabra !
If that doesn't work, press firmly your network card into his slot !

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/343661-local-area-connection-gone-missing-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 93.31%

I got a new CPU but after 3-4 months I use it, my local area connection is gone.
It cannot detect the internet. I use Acer Aspire M1800. OS is Vista.
Also, I get error 0x800706ba.

Please help me. I'm so newbie in computer course.

Relevancy 93.31%

Hi can someone help with this issue?

I have no local area connection on my pc but it runs on wireless.
When I open the folder, it is empty.

My OS is Windows XP

How can I resolve this?

Sorry if I have missed any info as this is my first post.

Thank you guys

A:[SOLVED] local area connection missing

Press Start, Run, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter. Do you see any Yellow question marks under Network adapters?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-local-area-connection-missing-584254.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Can someone help me?, my Local Area Connection thing is gone, i cant get on the Internet on my Comp at all. I have DSL which is hooked up to the linksys because there are to comp. in the house and game systems that need the Internet. My comp is hooked up wireless. But the Local Area Connection thing is missing and i cant hook up my comp. What should I do????

A:[COLOR=red]Local Area Connection MISSING!

Sounds to me like the network card or Linksys modem-router needs the drivers re-installing. Was a CD supplied with them?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/11205/colorredlocal-area-connection-missing/
Relevancy 93.31%

So about right now I feel like throwing this rig off a bridge.

I am simply trying to find my missing icon for the local area connection that goes to my Mb Ethernet .
I need to change the ip. It was around before but has gone missing.

I was trying to link up a network computer before and it all went down hill.

This is a fresh build, windows is no help
Thanks

A:Local area connection icon missing

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

You mean it is missing in the Notification Area. I am sure that you have already checked that it is not amongst the hidden Icons.

Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network and Sharing Center and click on Change Adapter Settings on the Left Pane. You shall find it there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/221143-local-area-connection-icon-missing.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Greetings everyone I have a problume with XP PRo Local Area Connection Properties not responding. When I Right Click on my network Paces go to properties..then right clisk on Local Area Connection go to properties.. I get the window Local Area Connection Properties up but nothing is displayed in the window. After a few it times out with Not responding. Any help.
Thank you

A:XP Local Area Connection Properties Missing

reinstall, have you just installed sp2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-local-area-connection-properties-missing-12354.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Hey I have a Dell Windows Vista Inspiron -bit laptop and I just had internet installed today The modem was not recognized by my computer So I could not connect directly to the modem Was wondering if this could be due to the fact that my Ethernet Controller driver is not working or is uninstalled icon Local Area missing Connection There is a yellow exclamation point next to it under the device manager My router is also not working Thinking I Local Area Connection icon missing might need another Called the router company and they had me looking for the Local area connection icon under manage network connections and the only icon visible is a Dell wireless LAN mini card reader So I can connect to the internet wireless but not through the modem itself I still have a really bad internet connection and pages load extremely slow or does not load at all I can receive internet wireless through someone else internet better than my own Local Area Connection icon missing internet Which is really sad LOL Help downloading the CORRECT Ethernet controller or getting the local area connection icon visible again would be greatly appreciated I have already looked on Dell website I just don't know which one to download

A:Local Area Connection icon missing

What is the model number of your laptop? Look underneith the laptop. The model number will be next to the SN# and Inspiron XXXX.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/local-area-connection-icon-missing-656232.html
Relevancy 93.31%

So, I just got my new internet today...
I have an XP desktop that I want to connect with ethernet cable.
However, I cannot find "Local Area Connection" button in the "Network Connections".
Only buttons on there are "1394 Connection" and the wireless connection I'm using right now.
I don't have problems connecting to the internet (using wireless), but I want to fix this issue.
I googled into this, but none of them worked so far.
I can provide more information if you need them, just tell me how to get them.
Thanks~

A:Solved: Local Area Connection Missing

Nvm, fixed it.
Driver wasn't installed.
Anyway I can delete the thread?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-local-area-connection-missing.965126/
Relevancy 92.45%

Hello Please help I have been trying to quot fix quot this issue on my laptop IP Valid Con Area Connection/Wireless a Have Local Solved: Network Connection Doesn't for the past month on and off I have been using other sources to access the internet reading up on resolutions on this issue and all kinds of forums I am knowledgeable but not able to understand some of the fixes and terms that I have come across I feel like I ve tried everything and still I cannot access the internet on my PC wired or wireless I have a Toshiba Satellite L -GS I tried to release amp renew my ipconig Solved: Local Area Connection/Wireless Network Connection Doesn't Have a Valid IP Con Please see below for ipconfig Please help C windows system gt ipconfig release Windows IP Configuration No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media disconnected Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe c ee b d Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap hsd nj comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap D E -E CD- F - -AE A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C windows system gt ipconfig renew Windows IP Configuration An error occurred while renewing interface Wireless Network Connection unable to contact your DHCP server Request has timed out No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media di sconnected C windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name jpharvey -PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL SE Wireless LAN n PC I-E NIC Physical Address - -B -B -B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c ee b d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C- C- - - - C- C- -E DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - - C- C- -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap hsd nj comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D E -E CD- F - -AE A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Solved: Local Area Connection/Wireless Network Connection Doesn't Have a Valid IP Con

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-local-area-connection-wireless-network-connection-doesnt-have-a-valid-ip-con.1016512/
Relevancy 92.45%

Can one tell me how to get this one icon back "local area connection" --- I've gone to the taskbar properties / notification area nd made sure the check mark is in network.
My problem is not seeing any icons, but this icon has gone missing & I think (not right sure) I clicked *exit* --- but all works ok with connections.
I've one icon that says *currently connected to* when I hold the mouse over it, but this other icon is missing and I cannot see how to restore it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

A:[SOLVED] local area connection icon missing

Did you pick hide inactive icons? It's possible the icon is hidden because nothing ever happens to it.
Right click your taskbar, and choose properties. Go to the notification area tab. Then either uncheck the box, or click on customize, and set it so that particular icon is not hidden.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-local-area-connection-icon-missing-316030.html
Relevancy 92.45%

So yesterday morning I began the reinstallation of my Windows XP on my Janurary the nd it has been nearly to years sense the last reformating I had come to the conclusion to reformat after I ran spybot search and destroy Ad-Aware CC Cleaner Disc Cleaner and Defraged one after another and all it did was make it slower and more unresponsive So I reformated my computer and reinstalled XP I went straight to my drivers only to discover a somewhat confusing truth Sometime in the last year my mother had bought other Connection issues... Area Local curious and Missing; another computer and my siblings had proceeded to mix the discs up So physically I have two Drivers discs and some other addtional disc copies originally intended for different models One features the model on it but features no modem to install While the other only referes in something akin to D as the model which I've never seen before and has a modem It wont let me install drivers from both discs obviously as it will also Local Area Connection Missing; and other curious issues... tell me I need to delete the resource CD from the other if I try I've isntalled what I beleive are my drivers based on the check marks along Local Area Connection Missing; and other curious issues... side the drivers having been detected and based on what model I beleive is my computers Though once I attempted to connect to the itnernet it said I had no connectivity I assumed it may be the modem Then Local Area Connection Missing; and other curious issues... procceded to check the Local Area Connection It was gone I then attempted to create the local area connection as once prior instructed to me upon calling Dell but failed as it seemed no matter what I did it wouldn't work My current connection is through cable sudden link and through a Linksys Cable DSL Router EtherFast with -port Switch Model number BEFSR I've checked my device manager and the only thing thats marked with either an exclaimation mark or question mark is a question mark for an Ethernet Controller Addtionally I do not know how to work BIOs so any instructions involving BIOs should come with extra deails I'm very not computer savy I'm only good at gathering the needed information without really knowing what I'm looking at My best guess is that I am missing a driver but don't seem to have it on the driver discs need to manually place a Local Area Conneciton in Do something with my IP address that I lack the knowledge to do or something I've completely overlooked What should I do to fix this problem EDIT make that three drivers discs one of which is not labelled the same - -

A:Local Area Connection Missing; and other curious issues...

Try going to a computer that has internet access and download the drivers on the dell webstie. Hopefully that works out for you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/local-area-connection-missing-and-other-curious-issues-330916.html
Relevancy 92.45%

I wiped my computer clean and reinstalled windows. I am missing my Local Area connection now. All I have is 1394 connection. I've reinstalled all the drivers and utilities cd's that I have. I am using my wireless connection now but if I connect directly into the computer I have no connection. I have a Dell computer with Windows XP home edition service pack 1a. Any ideas how I can get my Local Connection back?

A:Local Area Connection missing after reinstalling windows

go into device manager and locate the network interface. Go to drivers and update drivers. Then it should be a matter of browsing to the correct location on the utilities cd to find the driver.

Alternately you can identify your make/model if OEM [like Dell] and go to there web site and download the driver. If home built you would go to the mainboard manufacturers site to download the same.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/local-area-connection-missing-after-reinstalling-windows-529883.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Trying to setup WI fi to my new computer (HP Pavilion) I have never had a new system NOT recognize my wi fi connection...so I tried to manually set up the connection but now my connection is very slow so I did a trouble shoot on the connection and the error message was "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, device or resource DNS server is not responding. So I googled to find out what this meant and one of the answers was to Right click on the Local Area Connection and thats when I noticed it was missing. so I'm trying to mirror what my old laptop has (running Windows 7) but now I'm stuck can someone PLEASE help me...

A:New computer and local area connection icon is missing

If you are in Metro, it will not show. In Desktop mode, you have to "Customize" to show the Networking icon. It will only switch to Wifi, once you disconnect from Ethernet and connect to a Wifi Access Point.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/49854-new-computer-local-area-connection-icon-missing.html
Relevancy 92.02%

I used to have a network, with this computer being the client pc, but once my bro moved away, he took his computer, therefore we no longer have a network. But the problem is that ever since he left, this computer still thinks its apart of a network (I'm guessing that diagonsis) and I have to have "Local Area Connection Internet" turned on to turn on my actual internet connection. Also, as you would guess "Local Area Connection Internet" has the error message "Limted or no connectivity". So if anybody can tell me how I can use my internet without haveing to turn on "Local Area Connection Internet" I would be grateful.

I'm not so great with networking, but I'm pretty sure there is a simple way to fix this problem.

Thanks.

Relevancy 92.02%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Ultimate, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2060 @ 1.60GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 12
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1013 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 238472 MB, Free - 105367 MB;
Motherboard: Quanta, 30BB
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Plug a cable into Local Area Network Connection:
1. Where is the local area network connection located,

2 and what type of cable is required.

3 I am having constant trouble connecting to my broadband internet connection and my connection is very slow causing poor video transmission on my Skype to Skype video calls.

A:Local area network connection

What are you asking about with regards to "Local Area Network Connection"? If you have cable broadband service, you have an ethernet cable somewhere between your modem, router, and/or computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-network-connection.1043138/
Relevancy 92.02%

I reformatted my computer yesterday and I try to connect to xbox live by bridging the Local Area Network connection with the wireless connection.. but as you can see my LAN icon is missing.. What do I do to bring it back?

A:[SOLVED] Local Area Network Missing

Hi NonTechnicalGuy...sounds like you just need to reinstall the network card drivers. Did you get a driver disc with your computer? If not, you should be able to sort the issue out by visiting Windows Update.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-local-area-network-missing-494093.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Anyone can help me with this problem?
I just reinstalling my windows recently and when I tried to connect to internet, I can't. I tried to look for the local area connection in network connection but it's not there anymore.. T__T It was there before I reinstalling my windows..
Could someone help me with this? I need to set an ip address to be able to connect but now the local area connection is nowhere to found.. --'
Please guys,need help asap..

A:Local area connection missing after reinstalling windows..Help please.. T__T

U need to install drivers for Network interface Card (NIC)
After installing that you can see Local area connection

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/local-area-connection-missing-after-reinstalling-windows-help-please-t__t-451997.html
Relevancy 91.16%

I'm missing the "local area connection" for a Dell Inspiron 1300 laptop. Hence, I cannot seem to connect to the net.

Anybody got any solutions?

Thanks in advance.

A:Local area connection missing, Dell Inspiron 1300

Is your wireless working? Go under your BIOS and see if the WiFi is enabled or functioning. Download any BIOS updates, WiFi drivers update an etc.. If all is done and you still have the issue. Buy USB WiFi NIC Dongle and test that and see if you can get LAN or WAN connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-area-connection-missing-dell-inspiron-1300.168709/
Relevancy 90.73%

Here's the basic deal I'm running on a toshiba laptop at my parents place up visiting for a week My father is running off of a desktop We both use win bit We are hardwired into a router We both run area connection network Local issues. firewall and anti-virus programs and have come up clean in both cases Other systems plugged into the same router still have local area access We have both recently installed logmein hamachi to be able to operate more easily as a lan along with the other family members The systems other Local area network connection issues. than those two things don't have a lot of similarities At the time we started having Local area network connection issues. issues the VPN software was completely off and disabled on both computers His computer suddenly was not able to connect to the LAN within minutes in the middle of researching a web page to try and get him running my computer suddenly was also no longer able to connect Restarted the router Ran the winsock fix Installed new ethernet drivers In the case of running an ipconfig it reads as everything disabled and for obvious reasons cannot renew DHCP is enabled Ran the system hardwired into a backup router coming off the main modem didn't make a difference Says that it's connected into the LAN and you can see other systems on the router but cannot connect through to the internet Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

A:Local area network connection issues.

I recently worked on a system where one of the users had installed VPN software possibly Hamachi and it completely ruined the networking on that system. Try rolling back to a restore point if you have one from before you installed the VPN software.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/local-area-network-connection-issues-595600.html
Relevancy 90.73%

ok...so i just got a new hard drive...and put it into the old computer that is connected to the internet... DSL...and it doest work...then someone told me that i need to get a network adapter driver?? so i downloaded some and it still doesn't work... when i go to the network connections...it doesn't show the "Local Area Connection" any one has any idea why this is happening?? ......

A:Local Area Connection?? Network Adapter??? HELP PLZ!!??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection-network-adapter-help-plz.676300/
Relevancy 90.73%

So, just a couple of days ago i started having problems with my internet, I can't seem to connect via an ethernet cable (wireless works fine though) I've tried loads of methods I've found online but nothing seems to work, any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

A:Local Area Connection - Unidentified Network.

can we see an ipconfig /all and a device manager screen shot please
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

This should also work for windows 8
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.
Device Manager
Post back the results in device manager
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the screen shot and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

how to access device manager for different windows versions
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000833.htm

Hold the Windows key and press Pause key, should open to allow device manager to be seen, menu on the left hand side

on a laptop you may need to use Hold the Windows key and press FN key + the pause key

if the above does not work then -

Windows 7 or Vista
Click on the Start Orb > In the Start Search box type > device manager and then press enter
or
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

Windows 8
If you happen to be using a keyboard with Windows 8, the quickest way to open Device Manager is via its shortcut on the Power User Menu, accessible by pressing the WINDOW and the X keys together.
If on a touch screen - have a read here http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows-8/a/device-manager-windows-8.htm

once you are in device manager then

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X

post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window.
1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
OR
2) if you are using Vista/Windows 7 you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
----
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection-unidentified-network.1076654/
Relevancy 90.73%

Hello I hope someone can help me I am on a Gateway Solo XL running XP Home SP I started having trouble with my Local Area Connection and after trying ipconfig release renew Network Local load Area Connection Cannot as well as reconfiguring TCP IP properties dialogue box remained shaded therefore I was not allowed to make ny changes at all I tried uninstalling the device After rebooting the system a yellow exclamation point appears in Cannot load Local Area Network Connection the device manager at my network adapter Intel Pro VE Network Connection I receive the Cannot load Local Area Network Connection following error This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device Code When I try to uninstall again I am told the the device was not able to unistalled because it may be needed in order to boot I ve tried downloading updated drivers and using the Recovery CD to no avail At the time I did try the Google Desktop Search but abandoned it before it Cannot load Local Area Network Connection ever finished trying to index my hard drive I used the Google troubleshoot network program to undo any changes made and return my configuration to its original state but still no Local Area Connection I know that it has to be something stupid that I am overlooking I would appreciate any help anyone could provide nbsp

A:Cannot load Local Area Network Connection

i would open up the tower and take off the network card.

then boot up the computer as it is (without the nic card)

then shut down.... put the nic card back on (on a different slot if possible)
and then boot up again....

try installing the drivers again if it needs them but xp should auto-install everything 4 u.

if it continues troubling u try changing the network card itself as it my be faulty

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-load-local-area-network-connection.355222/
Relevancy 90.73%

I am having intermitent shut down and turn on with local area connection I purchased a new lynksis router which i Area lost Connection Network Local get all green lights One of your other threads sounded similar to mine and I am attaching quot nbtstat quot Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright Local Area Network Connection lost - Microsoft Corp C Documents Local Area Network Connection lost and Settings Jonathan gt nbtstat - n Displays protocol statistics and current TCP IP connections using NBT NetBIOS over TCP IP NBTSTAT -a RemoteName -A IP address -c -n -r -R -RR -s -S interval -a adapter status Lists the remote machine s name table given its name -A Adapter status Lists the remote machine s name table given its IP address -c cache Lists NBT s cache of remote machine names and their IP addresses -n names Lists local NetBIOS names -r resolved Lists names resolved by broadcast and via WINS -R Reload Purges and reloads the remote cache Local Area Network Connection lost name table -S Sessions Lists sessions table with the destination IP addresses -s sessions Lists sessions table converting destination IP addresses to computer NETBIOS names -RR ReleaseRefresh Sends Name Release packets to WINS and then starts Refr esh RemoteName Remote host machine name IP address Dotted decimal representation of the IP address interval Redisplays selected statistics pausing interval seconds between each display Press Ctrl C to stop redisplaying statistics C Documents and Settings Jonathan gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Jonathan Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Cont roller Physical Address - -B - F- -D Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained AM Lease Expires AM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - - - E-B -C C Documents and Settings Jonathan gt I hope you can help me nbsp

Relevancy 90.73%

I had lot of problems with my laptop earlier when my wired connection didn't work at all... wifi did. However yesterday i got the wired connection to work. I use an ethernet cable very long one to connect to router.

Today i cannot connect wired. Not only that, i went to local area network and i dont even see local area connection icon. All i see is the wifi connection.

Does anyone know how i can fix this issue?

A:No Local Area Network Connection Showing?

Im checking out other threads i found online and someone mentioned to check to see if its disabled under BIOs and that person said yes that fixed the issue. Can someone tell me how to do this if this might be the reason?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/343562-no-local-area-network-connection-showing.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Hey, so just this morning i disconnected all of a sudden, and now i can't connect to the internet with my ethernet cable, my wireless connection is fine though...I've been searching for solutions but nothing has worked so far, i really have no idea what to do.

A:Local Area Connection - Unidentified Network.

Quote: Originally Posted by Omar1995

Hey, so just this morning i disconnected all of a sudden, and now i can't connect to the internet with my ethernet cable, my wireless connection is fine though...I've been searching for solutions but nothing has worked so far, i really have no idea what to do.

Have you tried restarting your computer?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/264167-local-area-connection-unidentified-network.html
Relevancy 89.87%

When using certain programs, I loose the internet connection. After a brief period it will come back on line and if the same program is active, the process will repeat untill I shut down the offending program. The error message presented is "local area connection network cable unplugged". Everything works fine as long as I do not start certain programs. The error is self correcting, but interrupts the communications that were occuring at that time. This is a new problem that arose after I optimed my cable modem settings. Does anyone know what I have done so that I might correct this situation?

A:Local Area Connection Network Cable Unplugged

Jallen said:

When using certain programs, I loose the internet connection. After a brief period it will come back on line and if the same program is active, the process will repeat untill I shut down the offending program. The error message presented is "local area connection network cable unplugged". Everything works fine as long as I do not start certain programs. The error is self correcting, but interrupts the communications that were occuring at that time. This is a new problem that arose after I optimed my cable modem settings. Does anyone know what I have done so that I might correct this situation?Click to expand...

firstly, what certain programs are we talking about?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-area-connection-network-cable-unplugged.40316/
Relevancy 89.87%

quot Local Area Connection Network not connected quot is the annoying little bubble that pops up on my screen everytime I turn on my computer And sadly it Area Solved: Local wha-wha-wha-?! Network connected... Connection not stays there I recently moved to a new apartment my internet connection was Solved: Local Area Connection Network not connected... wha-wha-wha-?! fine when I arrived One week later and I m screwed up the wazoo The facts are as follows I ve been living in a community that receives free internet service courtesy of Pavlov whatever that might be- However anything named after such a sadistic dork I should probably be wary of right In my first apartment here I had issues registering w the service as for some reason my computer refused to accept the connection initially I called local maintenance and a smart young lady w the computer center arrived worked her voodoo and left me w internet It was good When I moved I simply moved from one building to another in the communtiy After I moved my Solved: Local Area Connection Network not connected... wha-wha-wha-?! internet worked fine for a week and a half In that time there were two large storms One noticeably knocked out power but not to my room The other occured the day before I discovered this annoying little message of disconnection and called Pavlov Tech support They walked me through an entire process of checking my IP address and renewing my connection and everything --Didn t work if you couldn t tell They promised to send out a technician who was to arrive in three business days I m still waiting over a week later I called the local maintenance people w in the community They brought in a technician who changed out the hub in the room poked around on my computer and then told me I needed to buy a new ethercard due to the storm frying it I had the sneaking suspicion he hadn t a clue what he was talking about because he kept asking me about lights blinking on the back of my computer- The back of my computer has never HAD lights Not only that my computer wasn t even ON during the storm AND it has a surge protector I came here looking for answers found many none are the right one I ve tried disabling the connection it just disables the connection I ve tried deleting the connection it won t let me do that I ve tried running all my virus detection programs and it tells me I m clean oh happy day but still no connection I m at the end of my rope What the heezy is going on here Is that crackpot actually right about a new ethercard or is it something I should be able to fix Please a little guidance if you will Btw ipconfig all Media disconnected -The community s due to go wireless soon but upon receiving the error they stated that hadn t yet set up anything in relation to the network Thank you nbsp

A:Solved: Local Area Connection Network not connected... wha-wha-wha-?!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-local-area-connection-network-not-connected-wha-wha-wha.498335/
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi guys,

I have got a problem with my brother's computer. I have installed the ethernet controller driver from the CD, but I couldn't be able to connect to the network due to an ethernet cable is not properly plugged in or might be broken. I tried to repaired it but it doesn't help. I went on manufacturer's Web site to look for a driver, but i couldn't find it. And I went on google and couldn't find it either. I don't know what I am suppose to do. The name of the motherboard my brother have got is ASROCK K7NF2-RAID.
Could anyone help me to find me the update driver or how I can be able to connect to the network of the rounter where i could be able to connect to the internet?
Any advice would be much appreicated.
Thanks in advance.

A:Local Area Connection Network Issue Windows 7

but I couldn't be able to connect to the network due to an ethernet cable is not properly plugged in or might be broken.Click to expand...

you need to test the cable on another PC and make sure the cable is 1) correctly plugged in and 2) Not broken

for the driver
lets see an ipconfig /all
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

This should also work for windows 8
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection-network-issue-windows-7.1082947/
Relevancy 89.87%

greetings from South Africa,
I am very new to forums and do not know the correct protocol.
So be gentle with me?
I have a KM4AM Motherboard and the drivers etc.
I bought and installed two LG super multi DVD drives.
When connecting it up I noticed that there was a cable connected to the old secondart CD dive and appeared to go to the motherboard??
I do not know if I unplugged it - however I get the title of my thread when I boot up.
It says 'new found hardware' - Parrallel device'

Any suggestions please

A:Local area connection. A network cable is unplugged

The "Parallel" device is the port driver for your LG DVD drives. You have 2 parallel ports on the motherboard. The blue port is for IDE hard drives. The white port is for your IDE (parallel) DVD drives. How are you connecting to the Internet? The "Local area connection. A network cable is unplugged" message indicates that there is no network cable connected to the motherboards network port. Your Cable or DSL modem attaches to this port

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-area-connection-a-network-cable-is-unplugged.134325/
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi Team,

I have a problem with my Local Area Connection. I have installed the driver correctly and can access the internet also. But when I go to Open Network and sharing center -> change adapter setting -> I can not see Local Area Connection icon appear. My OS is windows 7, HP System.

A:Local area connection is not showing in network properties

Welcome to Seven forums mail.

Can you please post a picture of Device manager and a picture in the adapter settings where your local area connection should be?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/331350-local-area-connection-not-showing-network-properties.html
Relevancy 89.87%

I have a Dell Inspiron 5100 Notebook running XP Home with SP2. I connect to a printer and to a Maxtor external drive. My system tray shows 2 Local Area Connections (with "A network cable is unplugged), and 1 Network Bridge (that also says "A network cable is unplugged"). My printer is plugged in.

I show the following in my Network Connections. I want to know if anyone can tell me whether I can delete them? I do not have a LAN connection or High-Speed Internet (although I hope to get the latter soon). Thanks.

LAN or High-Speed Internet
Local Area Connection 2 LAN or High-Speed Inter... Network cable unplugged OCT USB To Fast Ethernet Converter

Network Bridge
Local Area Connection Network Bridge Network cable unplugged Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller

Network Bridge Network Bridge Network cable unplugged MAC Bridge Miniport

1394 Connection Network Bridge Disabled, Bridged 1394 Net Adapter

Relevancy 89.87%

Hi, im new to this website because recently my laptop has been totally reinstalled and I cannot seem to connect to the internet. Im not exactly sure what info I need posted so please respond to tell me . When I go to Control Panel>Network and Internet>Network Connections it shows only one connection which is my Local Area Connection which right below it state Network Cable Unplugged. I am currently using an older laptop.
Local Area Connection Properties:
Connect Using: JMicron PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
Computer Information:
Windows Edition:
Windows 7 Home Premium
Service Pack 1
System:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 430 @ 2.27 GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 8.00 GB (7.86 GB Usable)
System Type: 64-Bit Operating System

A:Local Area Connection (Network Cable Unplugged)

How did you have the laptop re-installed - using a recovery CD or other CD

sounds like you need all the drivers - probably starting with the chipset

whats the make and exact model of the laptop - should be able to get the drivers from the manufacturers website

can we see a device manager screen shot
Device Manager

Please Post back the results in device manager as requested below

You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the screen shot and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.
If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

how to access device manager for different windows versions
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000833.htm

Hold the Windows key and press Pause key, should open to allow device manager to be seen, see the menu on the left hand side

on a laptop you may need to use Hold the Windows key and press FN key + the pause key

If the above does not work then

For Windows 7 or Vista
Click on the Start Orb > In the Start Search box type > device manager and then press enter
or
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager
​For Windows 8
If you happen to be using a keyboard with Windows 8, the quickest way to open Device Manager is via its shortcut on the Power User Menu, accessible by pressing the WINDOW key and the X key together.
If on a touch screen - have a read here http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows-8/a/device-manager-windows-8.htm
​Once you are in device manager then navigate to:

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices that are listed under network adapters
are there any yellow ! ? or a X​
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window.
For Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
​For windows Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/
​For Windows 8
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool (From the Windows 8 Start Screen, type "snip" and press enter.
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection-network-cable-unplugged.1114000/
Relevancy 89.87%

Hey guys,
todays been a frustrating day. i am running win 7 and my LAC says "unidentified connection" no internet access. i can still connect wireless to other connection. i've searched online tried all kinds of things but they don't work. i am running comcast broadband connection through a marvel yukon ethernet. any ideas would be greatly apreciated. this is very important. i can't get my work done from home anymore!

thanks
nik

A:Unidentified Network-no access to local area connection

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Windows IP Configuration

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : TRENDnet
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::cd60:97c9:f106:e75%12
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.10.110
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.10.1

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : hsd1.mi.comcast.net.
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::b81e:d21b:cabf:1755%11
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 71.227.81.255
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.248.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 71.227.80.1

Tunnel adapter Reusable Microsoft 6To4 Adapter:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Tunnel adapter 6TO4 Adapter:

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 14:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 21:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 17:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 12:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 20:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 23:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 11:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 24:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 25:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 13:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 18:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 28:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 15:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 27:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 16:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 29:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 30:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 32:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 31:

Connection-specific ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/220689-unidentified-network-no-access-local-area-connection.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Trying to connect Lenovo 3000 G430 4152 Laptop using windows 7 32 bit to a wireless network

Wifi lists the available wireless networks but fails to connect. However, this laptop gets connected to
Internet through dongle. And another laptop gets connected to this home wireless setup with no hazzles.

Coming to this problematic lenovo laptop: there was no problem connecting this laptop through wireless a few days back but today it is giving this trouble - Network connections tags Local Area Connection as "Network Cable Unplugged"

I've downloaded drivers from Lenovo website, but no result.

Attached screenshots.

Thanks for your help!

Hi...I did try solutions provided here in this forum but the issue remains...

I made changes to speed option of LAN adapter to 100 full duplex and Awol too 100Mbps

Any other working solution might help...

I want this laptop to use wireless network

appreciate your help buddies...thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/303437-local-area-connection-network-cable-unplugged.html
Relevancy 89.87%

I uninstalled all network adapters trying to fix another issue but now my LAN network doesn't work,
what is the best way to restore network adapters and previous local area connection ?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/60011-i-uninstalled-all-network-adapters-cant-get-local-area-connection.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Well, the problem is that I am using a laptop that uses a wireless connection to connect to the internet. It was working fine, but one day it stopped working.

The main difference I noticed was that when I look at the network connections, the wireless part is working, for it describes as having an excellent connection. However, the local area connection says there is a network cable unplugged. I do not use a wired connection though.

I have tried many steps such as a simple restart, re-installing the wireless adapter, and trying to reset the ip address since I noticed that it was 169.254.XXXX.

However, every time I tried to reset the ip address, I run into the problem that it cannot do so because a network cable is unplugged.

Thanks for any help given.

A:Local area connection, Network cable unplugged

A system which has a wired connection which is not being used (but has drivers installed) might reflect the network cable unplugged message.

The simplest solution for any device which is not being used and which is onboard...is to enter the BIOS/Setup and disable the device.

Louis

I don't do wireless...but the 169.254.XXXX normally indicates a networking setup that has gone awry. DHCP is supposed to provide an IP similar to 192.168.0.001 where it employed.

I suggest setting up the wireless connection anew.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/366460/local-area-connection-network-cable-unplugged/
Relevancy 89.87%

OK. Here is my problem. I had a power surge which killed my windows XP install, so based on advice received here, I was able to re-install XP and was good to go for a week or so. Suddenly, I keep getting messages which read LOCAL ARE CONNECTION 3- A NETWORK CABLE IS UPLUGGED. There is a red x which appears and I am unable to connect to the internet. I contacted VERIZON FIOS and they walked me through a series of steps, but it doesnt work.
I changed the cable and I ran a new cable directly to the tower, and bypassed the router.
What do I need to do> Any suggestions>? I have a 3Com Gigabit LOM (3c940) whatever that is and I dont know how to maintain NETWORK CONNECTIONS.

So, I used to be kicked off the net, and now I cant even get ON the net....

ANY TIPS????

Thank You
Ron DeRenzo

Relevancy 89.87%

Hello,

I apologize for my English as it is not my native speech.

So I encountered a problem. I connected my internet cable to PS3, and after about 10 minutes connected it back to my PC and it shows me the problem: Local Area Connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration and Unidentified network. It wasn't the first time I connected my internet cable to PS3, though I had the same problem in the past, I just did what was written in troubleshooting and it helped, but not this time. There was no internet connection on PS3 also. I read a lot of solutions, but it didn't help so I thought maybe someone could help. Please write if you need some additional info, as I am not very tech savvy. Thank you in advance.

P.S. 1)Wireless is working fine. 2) My internet is not connected through router.

A:Unidentified network and Local Area Connection problems

Try unplugging the modem for 30 seconds then pug it back in and connect your cable to your PC. A lot of time with modems its registered by MAC addresses. This is why its a good idea to get a router (The MAC address will never change).

If its still not working after that you might have to call your ISP and let them reset it for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/279909-unidentified-network-local-area-connection-problems.html
Relevancy 89.87%

I know there are many threads about this issue. There have been no answers that have been helpful.

OS: Running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit on Laptop and PC (custom build).
Router: ASUS RT-N56U
Switch: D Link DES 1008e
Network Adapter PC: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Network Adapter Laptop: Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller

When either is plugged directly into the router, no ethernet cable is detected. If you run either the PC or laptop through the switch first, it works just fine.

I have uninstalled and re-installed network drivers, I've unistalled and deleted the adapters and software and started from scratch. I've checked all of the setting 3 times over. I just can't seem to figure it out.

Am I missing something very simple here?

When you plug directly into the router, did you then power cycle the router and computer?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/249796-local-area-connection-network-cable-unplugged.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi guys, i have recently received a message telling me that a network cable is unplugged. Usually i have this problem with local area connection 2, but it always resolves itself while this one does not. I have tried unplugging my dlink and plugging it back in. please give me any suggestions! Sorry if this sounds dumb to you, much appreciated!

A:Local Area Connection [A network cable is unplugged]

Are using a laptop or desktop, if your on a laptop will say that because your not plugged in the LAN on your laptop which you do not need if it is wireless, but if it is your desktop and you are connect to your router it could be that the NIC card is at fault go into device manager to see if there is any problems with NIC card.

1.Also check your network cables make sure they are in secure.

2. Make sure your network adapter is up to date and working.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-area-connection-a-network-cable-is-unplugged.159744/
Relevancy 89.87%

Hello My Windows desktop computer suddenly cannot get No connection internet? Cannot - the access get area network on local on the internet It's connected via an ethernet cable and was working fine until this morning It says it is connected to an quot unidentified network quot which is public but that there is no network access When I look at the local area connection's settings it says no network access for both IPv connectivity and IPv connectivity Activity says packets are being sent but not received nbsp ipconfig all results are posted below Windows IP Configuration Host Name user-PCPrimary Dns Suffix lt blank gt Node Type hybridIP Routing Enabled NoWINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom Netlink No network access local area connection - Cannot get on the internet? Gigabit EthernetPhysical Address - - -C - - DDHCP Enabled YesAutoconfiguration Enabled YesLink-Local IPv Address lt not sure if necessary to post gt Autoconfiguration IPv Address - Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway lt blank gt DHCPv IAID lt not sure if necessary to post gt DHCPv Client DUID nbsp nbsp lt not sure if necessary to post gt DNS Serves nbsp nbsp lt not sure if necessary to post strings of numbers letters gt NetBIOS over Tcpip enabled Tunnel adapter isatap and Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-interface both say media state is disconnected I can type out the ipconfig results for those if it's necessary Would've posted a photo but didn't feel like waiting for a verification so hopefully it's easy enough to read the results Any help would be appreciated Thank you

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/62aeaf66-d143-4040-be4a-e3ed1552afee/no-network-access-local-area-connection-cannot-get-on-the-internet?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 89.87%

Dear Friends I am running XP on a four-year-old HP and also on a one-year-old HP laptop A standard Linksys router connects the two units via wi-fi or cable if desired Things were working fine until a few months ago when I lent the laptop to my brother Now when I try to use the laptop to connect to the internet via wi-fi it doesn't work The wireless connection on the laptop says that it's got a good Unplugged Area Cable Local Network Connection - signal -- no problem there But the Local Area Connection has that pesky red X and says a network cable is unplugged A third box labelled Connection says that it's also connected I've read a bunch of online Local Area Connection - Network Cable Unplugged posts but they all seem to deal with people using the wrong cable Point is there's no cable plugged into -- or unplugged from -- the laptop I'm not using a cable -- I want to my wi-fi to work like it used to without a cable Some posts says to disable the Local Area Connection I've done that repeatedly but it makes no difference --I still can't get to the internet One other point that may or not mean anything If I do connect the laptop to the router with a cable everything is great -- I get the internet Any help would be much appreciated Thanks Groverman

A:Local Area Connection - Network Cable Unplugged

the first thing i would do is to check that the wireless switch is on. most laptops a have a switch at the side or front. or you might have a key in your keyboard saying fn if it does have click the fn + the wireless sign which will be somewhere there. for example on mine one it is fn + f2. click on start then right click on mycomputer then go to hardware and then device manager. check for any yellow signs if there is you need to download the driver for it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/local-area-connection-network-cable-unplugged-236062.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Sorry for poor English....!!!

I have 2 LAN cards installed in my Core2Duo;
1. Intel(R) PRO/100 VE, and
2. RealTek

but only one shows up in "Network Connection" that is "Intel PRO/100 VE" (which is named as "Local Area Connection 2"), which is working fine.

Green LED light shows up when I plugged the Ethernet cable into RealTek NIC, but still the Local Area Connection isn't there only one is present that is Local Area Connection 2... initially it used to show both...

The "Network Adapters" in Device Manager, doesn't show any RealTek Drive or any Exclamation ICON, but do shows "Intel PRO/100" without Exclamation, so it is working fine...

how to enable both LAN cards in Network Connection... Pls. guide for the same...

Thank you

Regards

Hari Om

A:Local Area Connection not showing in Network Connections

Hello Hari Om, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Do you have the drivers installed for the RealTek LAN card?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/319566-local-area-connection-not-showing-network-connections.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Hello everyone This is my first post I m looking forward to becoming a member of this community Here is my problem I m working on a Windows XP Desktop Dell which is connected to a cable modem using an ethernet cable I also have a Windows Vista Notebook HP which connects to the Internet my secure network wirelessly I use Time Warner Roadrunner as my ISP A month or so ago Time Warner contacted me and asked if A Connection: Unplugged Local Area Cable Network is I wished to quot upgrade quot my Internet service speed for a nominal fee I think it was per month As I am self-employed and frequently upload download large files for my business I decided that this was worth the expense So I agreed to make the upgrade which was done entirely on their end by resetting my modem whole Local Area Connection: A Network Cable is Unplugged process took about seconds Since that time I Local Area Connection: A Network Cable is Unplugged ve had nothing but problems with the wireless connection on the Notebook Any time I attempt to download a large file on to that computer again all done wirelessly the download fails and I lose my Internet connection on that unit e g the small globe icon in system tray which indicates that I am connected to my network disappears and is replaced by a red x or the yellow alert icon At the same time this occurs I get a notification on my desktop PC the one that is connected using the ethernet cable stating Local Area Connection A Network cable is unplugged The outage usually lasts for anywhere from seconds to minutes before restoring itself I have double triple and quadruple checked all of my connections and I can assure you that nothing is unplugged Two calls to Time Warner have yielded little along the way of information or results The first time I called I was told by a snippy tech rep that quot obviously one of your cables it unplugged quot The second time I called I was told that the network card in my desktop was going bad and I needed to replace it Although the second explanation sounds a bit more plausible than the first I remain suspicious Why is it that this problem first manifested itself within hours of my upgrading my Internet speed It never occurred so much as once prior to the upgrade And why does the problem NEVER occur not even once when I am downloading files to my desktop And why do I get errors on BOTH machines when I am attempting to download large files to the wireless machine only A friend who is hardly an expert but who is somewhat in the know seems to think that the problem lies not within the network card but with the ethernet cable itself that it may not be a good enough quality to handle the higher Internet speed He suggests buying a new ethernet cable and seeing if this remedies the problem I m not opposed to that solution but I d like to get other opinions before doing so Thanks so much Mister Winter nbsp

A:Local Area Connection: A Network Cable is Unplugged

First, be sure to update the firmware in the router, the NIC drivers for your wired connectons, and the wireless WiFi driver.

Brand names and model numbers for all network devices may help here.

I've seen cases where this symptom occurred due to the speed of the connection
and as you have just upgraded your network capacity, this may apply to you.

Broadcom 10/100/1000 adapters (and likely any gigabit adapter) set at 1000 flood the simple router and cause it to drop connections.

First try setting 100mb, full duplex and if it is stable stop here

Next try setting 100mb, half duplex and then move to

10mb half duplex.

And why does the problem NEVER occur (not even once) when I am downloading files to my desktop? And why do I get errors on BOTH machines when I am attempting to download large files to the wireless machine only?

A friend?who is hardly an expert, but who is somewhat in the know?seems to think that the problem lies not within the network card but with the ethernet cable itself..Click to expand...

If the wired desktop can run fine, the the cabling is not in question.
The download via the wireless will run much slower than the wired connection
and cause the router to back off -- the speed capacity up to the router is far
greater than the wifi and the problem is in the speed mismatch.

On my Netgear router, I can set the MTU size on the WAN Setup page.
You should have something <= 1500. Personally I use 1492.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-area-connection-a-network-cable-is-unplugged.110616/
Relevancy 89.01%

Hi thanks for looking,
I have just recently reinstalled windows. When I plug in the lan cable, no LAN connection comes up. I have never had this problem before and usually just doing this will allow me to have internet.
Whats wrong? How can I fix?

Thanks

A:Local Area Network (LAN) connection isnt showing up in connections

It needs a Driver. You'll need to visit the Motherboard Manufacturers website & download the driver for your model board.

Before you go there, look in Device Manager {control panel / system /hardware} and see if anything else has an exclamation mark - they'll require drivers too!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-area-network-lan-connection-isnt-showing-up-in-connections.94222/
Relevancy 89.01%

Hi No Unidentified Network; LAN/Wired Connection Area Internet - Local Guys I have been experiencing this issue since days ago year on and was having no problems I am currently using a LAN/Wired Local Area Connection - Unidentified Network; No Internet Dell Studio XPS Windows -bit I am able to connect to the internet via wifi however to no avail with my LAN connection I have tried the basic stuff like changing LAN cables testing connection with other Windows Vista XP laptops and they worked except for mine I have tried methods posted online such as the netsh winsock reset disabling IPv setting static IP for IPv etc However none has worked for me Below is my ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Christopher Koh gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name ChristopherKoh Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List nus edu sg mshome net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix nus edu sg Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - - -F -C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ed ea c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday September AM Lease Expires Friday September AM Default Gateway fe d c cf f d fe b c b e bf fe e d aa DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A - F- E- - - -F -C - DNS Servers Primary WINS Server Secondary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix nus edu sg Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -FB- B- -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a b be f a e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday September AM Lease Expires Friday September AM Default Gateway fe e af bf a a fe d a c eafd fe b a c b db fe a d d d b fe d ef ef da c DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A - F- E- - - -F -C - DNS Servers fe a c cfe a Primary WINS Server Secondary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Connection-specific DNS Suffix Search List mshome net Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e f a b bfa Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe f a b bfa Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap nus edu sg Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix nus edu sg Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Can anyone help me

A:LAN/Wired Local Area Connection - Unidentified Network; No Internet

You should automatically obtain your ip address, dns, and gateway, unless directed otherwise by your isp.
Did you "power down/power up" your cable modem and wireless router?
Check to make sure you have the latest driver for your network card.
Can you ping an ip address? Can you ping the router? Can you connect to the router?
Do you have to contend with a firewall from the National University of Singapore?
Researching more. Let me know about this...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/113193-lan-wired-local-area-connection-unidentified-network-no-internet.html
Relevancy 89.01%

l have windows 2000 and l keep getting local area connection network cable unplug

Relevancy 89.01%

On my other computer I am running Windows XP and I cannot connect to the internet, I have factory restored the computer and am having problems conneting to the internet. It shows the "Local Area Connection" Icon is missing and that there is no "Network Adaptor" So it would be nice if someone could help out.

-Thanks.

Relevancy 89.01%

For over years I've run the same network in my home My personal computer receives it's signal from a custom-built antenna with attached ampliflier which gives my internet signal directly to my machine the internet source is from my parents' house I live in a neighboring home The internet on my machine works just fine like usual however I recently went on vacation and took my computer with me and upon return my network now fails I used a direct ethernet link for internet during this vacation This situation has happened before but I previously fixed this problem with a system restore this is no longer an option because I don't have the option to restore to a point before I was gone on vacation When I say this happened before I mean everything about this problem is identical to the time I encountered it last that my network router remained visible and the internet worked on my main computer but the router wouldn't 'take' the signal and broadcast it properly The problem as best as I can understand is this the router is visible and is directly connected to my personal computer however failure/Network issue down address Connection Local IP Area there is no Local Area Connection IP address failure/Network down issue internet signal when connecting to the router via phone laptop etc The only message that suggests something is wrong is the following Local Area Connection does not have a valid IP configuration When trying to connect with her laptop my girlfriend received this message and also when trying to diagnose my local area connection I received the same message about the IP address being invalid for the Local Area Connection What could be wrong When this happened before my friend who works in IT explained that since normally you receive internet from routers and not vice versa I'm trying to get my router to broadcast the internet signal that my computer already has that the diagnostics behind it can be difficult and thus only did a system restore I'm completely in the dark as how to fix this Nothing is wrong hardware-wise I am sure of this I read about trying to reset ip settings for ipv ipv through cmd but nothing has worked so far ------ System specs updated

A:Local Area Connection IP address failure/Network down issue

Please fill out your system specs. Click on the link in my signature to do it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/243510-local-area-connection-ip-address-failure-network-down-issue.html
Relevancy 89.01%

I have a Dell Studio vista laptop I also have TWC and this particular laptop is wireless yet the local area connection network cable says unplugged broadcom netlink I know it is wanting a ethernet cable plugged in but it is a wireless laptop so why would I plug a cable in I also have a Dell E desktop that is hard wired into TWC with a Arris tg g modem that belongs to TWC I have no problems with the desltop hardwired but the laptop wireless downstairs continues to lose wi fi and or connections it shows speed and has at lest to bars but it cable question Local network connection area unplugged still goes in an out I called to have TWC come and check it out for me but they will not do it Said they do not work on computers but I thought maybe their installation went wrong But no advice This has been going on for a long time and I get so fed up paying the bills but getting cable internet in return Does anyone on the forum have the same problems Thanks for your help

A:Local area connection network cable unplugged question

Welcome,

Your laptop has the ability to use either a wireless connection or a wired connection. Typically not both at the same time.

You should disable the wired adapter to not see the cable unplugged indication.

Right click on the network icon in the notification area and select Open network and sharing center.

Then select change adapter settings on the upper left side of the window.

Right click on the Ethernet adapter (Local area connection) and select disable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/390423-local-area-connection-network-cable-unplugged-question.html
Relevancy 88.15%

There was lightning near my house today when it struck the power went out for a second and when it came back the Internet didn't work. And my network says Unidentified Network and when I troubleshoot it I get "local area connection" doesn't have a valid ip configuration. I'm not really sure what to do, I hope it isn't but it kind of seems like a hardware problem but I don't know enough to say so

A:Unidentified Network local area connection doesn't have valid ipconfig

If you have a cable modem, unplug power from it for about 2 minutes. Then power it up again. If you also have a router, unplug power from it for a short time, then power it up again. Then re-boot your computer. Let us know if this works. Who is your internet provider ? You may have to call them to do an electronic reset.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/292347-unidentified-network-local-area-connection-doesnt-have-valid-ipconfig.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Hey i am having problems connecting to Xbox live because it has no internet access and i have tried lots of things and nothing is working. here is the story behind it.... i had tried connecting many times before but it wouldn't work but one day i tried and i changed sharing on something (IDK what i forgot) and it worked so i had live for a couple of days. then one day my bro was online and the power went out in the house for a while, the next day i tried to connect and it wouldn't... on the when i plug in xbox ethernet to computer it says unidentified network on internet access. so can you help me connect thank you I got a cricket broadband modem on the usb

A:local area connection unidentified network no internet access Xbox

Joooooel> Can you tell us exactly how you have your network setup.

How the internet is coming in?: Your Internet Coming in? Is it going to another computer or to a Router?: Is the XBox Wireless or Hardwired?

Give us as much detail as possible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/153265-local-area-connection-unidentified-network-no-internet-access-xbox.html
Relevancy 87.29%

I had Dell over today. They replaced the mother board and I am having the same problem. Wireless works fine. Wire to NIC card says unplugged and enabled (blinking) I can't get it to work.
Dell then told me it may be software and asked me to reload XP... I did that too, a full install... took me all night to get this laptop D600 Latitude back to normal. I am still getting this blinking thing under network connections. Local area connection (status) blinkes Network cable unplugged and enabled. I am using a known good cable. I rebooted modem, computer and did all I can do.
Have any ideas? Wireless works fine but daughter has a weak signal at college and needs direct connect.

Thanks,
Steve

A:Local area connection (status) blinkes Network cable unplugged and enabled.

When the motherboard was replaced, was the NIC driver re-installed?

Since its a laptop, is the NIC integrated with the motherboard, or is it a seperate card?

In Windows Device Manager, are there any question marks or exclamation points next to the NIC / Ethernet Adapter?

Since both motherboard and Windows were replaced / re-installed, that takes out a lot of possibilities.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection-status-blinkes-network-cable-unplugged-and-enabled.410008/
Relevancy 87.29%

Please Help me! After running my malware anti-virus and removing all the virus, my Local Area Connection keeps saying network cable unplugged. I checked the network adapters and everything is fine. When I did an ipconfig, there's no ip address showing. I have Windows XP. I've tried almost everything and it's still not working. What could be causing this problem? I've been working on this for days. Any help is greatly appreciated.

A:Local Area Connection-Network Cable unplugged - Internet not working after virus

Hi: When you say no ipaddress do you mean it is all zeros or 169.xx ?
If all zeros here are some things to investigate:
IP Addresses all O&#8217;s
IP addresses of all zeros are normally caused by one of the following.

Diagnosis:
1. DHCP Service not running.
2. Duplicate IP address on the network.
3. Bad NIC card drivers.
4. Defective NIC hardware.

Resolution:
1. Check Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services. The DHCP Client service should be Started and its Startup Type should be Automatic.
2. Turn off ALL of the computers and other network connected devices, restart (power cycle) the router, then restart all the computers and other network devices.
3. Check for upgraded drivers and/or reload the Network drivers.
4. Replace the Network Interface Card.
If this is a wireless connection:

There has also been at least one case where switching from using Dell WLAN to XP&#8217;s WZC resolved the issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection-network-cable-unplugged-internet-not-working-after-virus.1014604/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi,
I have recently reinstalled XP pro on a PC and do not have internet connection using Internet Explorer or Firefox, I cannot ping either of my other two computers.
I have installed the Mother Board Drivers.

Device managed tells me that both network adapters are working properly, Local Area Connection tells me that I am connected although send/receive packets are about 1 (send) and 20 (receive) after an hour of being told there is a connection.

I multi boot with Windows 7 and a Linux system and they both have internet connection so it seems to be restricted to XP.

Any suggestions on what may be wrong would be appreciated.

A:Solved: network adapters good , local area connection good but no internet connection

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-adapters-good-local-area-connection-good-but-no-internet-connection.904920/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello,

I started playing Xbox 360 again today, and i tried to go online, which apparently didn't work out anymore...
So i tried to fix things by checking my "Local Area Connection" on the pc, and it just disappeared?
I used to have it there before, now it's gone.
Probably because of reinstalling Windows 7 about a month ago?
I've looked up many threads, but nothing really applies to my exact situation, or i just end up not understanding them.
Anyone could help me out here?

Thanks already!

Relevancy 80.84%

how do i do that?
all the computers in my house are connection to the internet except for mine.
help please!

A:Plug a cable into the network adapter "Local Area Connection"

what make and model of computer do you have do you have the user guide if so it will tell you if not need make model etc ie is it a laptop or desk top but this may help the cable you need is called a rj45 it looks like a large telephone plug and their is only one place it will fit so if you have a cable a little trial and error will help find it just do not force anything in anywhere

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/plug-a-cable-into-the-network-adapter-local-area-connection-329894.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hey, so I have a problem and although i'm terrible at describing computer problems I'll give it my best shot. So one day I turn on my HP Pavilion dv6000 with Windows Vista x64 Ultimate and the internet would not work and it had been the previous day. The wireless connection switch is turned on and the light is blue, not orange, but my computer will not detect any networks. My little brother has an HP desktop with the same OS but he is not having problems connecting or finding the network so the problem is obviously internal to my computer. WHen i diagnose and repair it...i get the message: "plug a cable into the network adapter "Local Area Connection"." Again my connection is wireless and i have no idea how to fix this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/211407-plug-cable-into-network-adapter-local-area-connection.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Linksys WRT g Wireless router with a Linksys port workgroup switch on my end so that I can operate three computers at my desk There IS an ethernet line plugged into the ethernet port on my new windows vista PC I run primarily windows xp but Plug Area a adapter the network Connection" cable "Local into got stuck with vista Plug a cable into the network adapter "Local Area Connection" on this new beast because they wouldn't sell the package without it My only copy of xp Plug a cable into the network adapter "Local Area Connection" is for dell so I can't install it on an eMachines I won't run windows k on this one because it won't run some of the programs I use So the network is composed of mostly xp and one or windows k computers there are a LOT of computers on this LAN All I want is to get this stinking POS connected again and by again I mean I was playing world of warcraft on it less than hours ago It worked GREAT If somebody could tell me what this CRAP operating system just did to 'FORGET' how to connect to my network I would really appreciate it

A:Plug a cable into the network adapter "Local Area Connection"

I HATE VISTA

I restarted the computer and it ate itself. I'm having to do a clean install 12 hours after getting it set up in the first place.

can somebody help me with this so it doesn't happen AGAIN?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/plug-a-cable-into-the-network-adapter-local-area-connection-213588.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hello, so I downloaded hamachi the other day to play with some friends on GMOD and I was finished with hamachi so I decided to un-install it, after doing so, I noticed Google Chrome, Mozilla, Steam and many more applications can't connect to the internet, but Internet Explorer 64 bit is able to connect... I don't know how to fix this and I've done a bunch of research on many ways to possibly fix it but none have worked so far... I use a wireless usb for my wireless connection, it works perfectly fine but my Local Area Connection keeps saying that one message and I just wanna fix it :/ please help?

A:Local Area Connection "Network cable unplugged"

and welcome to the Forum

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then:

Remove all the stored wireless network profiles and search for the network again.

How to Remove Stored Wireless Network Profiles for XP, Vista, and Windows 7

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found, here's how

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type or copy and paste the following command:

ipconfig/all > 0 & notepad 0

and press enter.

Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

then please Download and run this Xirrus WiFi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here. For Vista and Windows 7, 8 you can use the Windows Snipping Tool

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/local-area-connection-network-cable-unplugged-1008882.html
Relevancy 80.84%

i am trying to access internet through sony ericsson naite on Laptop(OS- VISTA). i had installed pc suite for trying to access internet with usb cable and bluetooth. Mobile is properly connect with pc (laptop) but i can't access internet.
when click connect internet option in pc suite i get message "Plug a cable into network adapter "local area connection" or get ip automatically". it try to configure manually and many trick on net, i failed to access net. operating system vista(updated).

Help me with steps please..

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/268312-plug-cable-into-network-adapter-local-area-connection-get-ip-automatically.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I have an HP a f Intel Pentium Dual CPU bit operating system with a NVIDIA nForce Ethernet card and Netgear Wireless-G Router for the Toshiba laptop My internet connection has been working just fine on BOTH computers Recently JUST THE HP will "Local cable internet Plug a network Lost the - Error into Area Connection" adapter not connect to the internet saying quot plug a cable into the network adapter local Plug a cable into the network adapter "Local Area Connection" Error - Lost internet area connection quot I have tried various repairs to diagnose where the issue is occurring and think it might be something to do with an HP update that may have messed something up or a driver issue After taking the router out of the loop trying a new ethernet cable etc I m thinking either drivers port or card I have Windows Vista and have searched various forums and tried several quot solutions quot to no avail Any ideas I am communicating thru my laptop s internet connection so I am limited to the quot Diagnose amp Repair quot options on my HP with NO INTERNET CONNECTION -ruled out router issue -tried different ethernet cords -researched error in System Diagnostics Report Microsoft to adapter is reporting quot tv configMgrErr quot -unchecked ipv internet protocol -several restarts -Network Sharing Center - checked properties of quot local area connection quot Desktop OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel Pentium Dual CPU E GHz Processor Count RAM GB RAM Hard Drives C Free - MB Antivirus Norton Enabled Some updates recently failed due to loss of internet connection C Users Robbi AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name Robbi-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - - - - -AA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap EDD A- - E -B DD- B br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap EDD A- - E -B DD- B br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes amp Thanks in advance for any assistance offered Robbi nbsp

A:Plug a cable into the network adapter "Local Area Connection" Error - Lost internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/plug-a-cable-into-the-network-adapter-local-area-connection-error-lost-internet.949907/
Relevancy 79.98%

with an icon of a computer with a red quot X quot over it I do not know what a network cable is or how it could be unplugged because my computer came with wifi I cannot get it to connect to the internet at all My Dell Precision M recently had a Dell Precision unplugged" showing Network laptop cable Connection message,"Local Area computer virus and I Dell Precision laptop showing message,"Local Area Connection Network cable unplugged" ran malware megabytes to try to fix it Malwarebytes did clear my computer of the virus but after a few days of running malwarebytes my laptop gave me a message that it had to shut down to protect itself It said that if I had recently changed any settings on the computer that might be the cause of the shutdown Everytime I turned the computer on it would show the same message and then shut down again I brought it to a computer mechanic He said that malware megabytes got rid of the virus but probably mistook a good file as part of the virus My computer seemed to be shutting down because of a the good file that malware megabytes modified I got my laptop back from the computer guy today It seems to be fixed other than the fact that it won t connect to the internet at all The first time I recieved the message quot Local Area Connection Network cable unplugged quot was after I ran malwarebytes but before I brought it to the computer guy My laptop would often connect to the internet anyway back then I am wondering if malwarebytes might have changed the internet settings Does anyone know how to fix this problem Thank you nbsp

A:Dell Precision laptop showing message,"Local Area Connection Network cable unplugged"

If you don't have an ethernet cable connected then that message is normal. Since you apparently don't use it you can disable the connection in Network Connections to get rid of the nag.

It's impossible to guess what files might have been modified by the malware, the malware fighter, or the computer guy.

Does your wireless adapter appear under Network Adapter in Device Manager as OK? What, if any, warning or errors are there in Device Manager?

Assuming you are using an integrated wireless adapter is it switched on? Can you detect your network?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-precision-laptop-showing-message-local-area-connection-network-cable-unplugged.915461/
Relevancy 79.55%

I recently reformatted and re-installed Windows 7 onto my laptop..and i seem to have absolutely no wireless anything...the only thing i noticed diff is that the netwrok controller under device manager has a big yellow exclamation mark next to it. Could someone please help me?

A:Network Controller Driver missing (No Wireless connection options)

Hi Matimo .. Welcome to Seven Forums ... Go to your Manufactures website . And download the Drivers for your Network ..

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/306422-network-controller-driver-missing-no-wireless-connection-options.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Running XP on 2 computers. Have them connected by a router. I set the router IP to 192.168.3.1 Everything connects great! When I connect to a wireless network, it all connects, but doesn't work ("connection timed out" or "Page not found" errors. The wire connection shows an IP of 192.168.2.1. If I disable my Local Area Network, the internet connects perfectly. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY I CAN USE MY LOCAL AREA NETWORK AND THE WIRELESS CONNECTION AT THE SAME TIME! Frustrating to the max! Any network specialists out there who can tell me how to fix this? Thanks!!!

A:Conflict between "Wireless Network Connection" & "Local Area Connection"

berkeleygh said:

Running XP on 2 computers. Have them connected by a router. I set the router IP to 192.168.3.1 Everything connects great! When I connect to a wireless network, it all connects, but doesn't work ("connection timed out" or "Page not found" errors. The wire connection shows an IP of 192.168.2.1.Click to expand...

You should know that x.x.2.1 is incorrect. For the router address shown, all devices that connect to it *must* be 192.168.3.x where x > 1 and < 255.

I would suspect that you have some static configuration data in the devices.

You want your router to offer DHCP in the range 2->32 (that's more than enough) and
you want all systems to use DHCP for the IP address and DNS settings.

Remove anything in the Alternative Configurations

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/conflict-between-wireless-network-connection-local-area-connection.154215/