Windows Support Forum

dpgcmd.dll causing Skype & Explorer to crash

Q: dpgcmd.dll causing Skype & Explorer to crash

Hello TSF Lately I've bought a Microsoft Sidewinder x keyboard it works great however Ever since I got it Skype Explorer taskmgr and other programs have been crashing ever since I & dpgcmd.dll causing Explorer Skype crash to installed the intellipoint software dpgcmd.dll causing Skype & Explorer to crash From my perspective this is what's happening I play CS S change song while in game alt tab or close game to skype skype or explorer exe crashes I've been looking in the event viewer and it dpgcmd.dll causing Skype & Explorer to crash seems the cause is c Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro dpgcmd dll how do I fix this Thank you Here are some of the logs from event viewer Faulting application name Explorer EXE version time stamp x d c Faulting module name dpgcmd dll unloaded version time stamp x e c Exception code xc Fault offset x d b Faulting process id x c Faulting application start time x ccf b cbdc Faulting application path C Windows Explorer EXE Faulting module path dpgcmd dll Report Id ad b c e- f- e - d - d f f Faulting application name taskmgr exe version time stamp x a bc c Faulting module name dpgcmd dll unloaded version time stamp x e c Exception code xc Fault offset x d b Faulting process id x c Faulting application start time x ccf c daf Faulting application path C Windows system taskmgr exe Faulting module path dpgcmd dll Report Id b fd a - f- e - d - d f f Faulting application name Skype exe version time stamp x f Faulting module name dpgcmd dll version time stamp x e c Exception code xc Fault offset x ed b Faulting process id xeac Faulting application start time x ccf fe cc Faulting application path C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe Faulting module path c Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro dpgcmd dll Report Id b e c - f- e - d - d f f Faulting application name Skype exe version time stamp x f Faulting module name dpgcmd dll unloaded version time stamp x e c Exception code xc Fault offset x d b Faulting process id xcd Faulting application start time x ccf c ccfe Faulting application path C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe Faulting module path dpgcmd dll Report Id ba ce- - e - d - d f f

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: dpgcmd.dll causing Skype & Explorer to crash

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: dpgcmd.dll causing Skype & Explorer to crash

Most common solution on the web is to uninstall the Intellitype software

1 - make sure that you're using the most current version of the Intellitype software.
2 - if that doesn't work, search the web for a download of v8.1 and try that.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/dpgcmd-dll-causing-skype-and-explorer-to-crash-633082.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi,
I use Skype on a daily basis to keep in touch with family. Generally, I have no problems. However, any contact with my son inevitably results in my computer shutting down. Our contact can last as long as half an hour, or as little as 2 minutes, but almost always ends the same way.
This does not happen with anyone else.
There's probably a simple explanation, but if there is it escapes me.
Regards, kilnfield

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Business, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60, x64 Family 15 Model 104 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1917 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon Xpress 1150, 5 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 104113 MB, Free - 58399 MB; D: Total - 10239 MB, Free - 6794 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0WY383
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free, Disabled ***note*** does not show that I now use MS Security Essentials

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/skype-causing-computer-to-crash.1062574/
Relevancy 67.51%

Today when i started my computer I tried to extract a zip file and when I crash? explorer.exe to is causing ContextMenu right click on it explorer exe stop working After some investigation and observations I realized that every time I right-click on a zip rar txt exe file the explorer exe service stop working and I have to restart it First I though it was a virus so I run Microsoft Security Essential but it froze when it was scanning C Windows explorer exe Then I tried MalwareBytes but it froze too I run ContextMenu is causing explorer.exe to crash? SUPERAntiSpyware it froze too Then I run ComboFix but it did not find anything unusual Then I run the comand sfc scannow but it told me that everything is normal Then I ContextMenu is causing explorer.exe to crash? read that shexview can let you disable some context menu options but when I start the program it freezes too and it never loads anything Then I read of a solution by deleting the contextmenu from the registry but before I try that I wanted to ask in here Maybe someone have a safer solution or another option that I can try Other options that I have in mind are a System Restore or a System Reload but I want to try anything that is possible before taking any of those options Pd I do not have any games on my computer so there is no way for SecuROM to be installed also I haven't installed anything to the computer for a couple of days But what I think that caused the problem is that yesterday the power went off and my computer was on so it shutted down Maybe some registry values or services get corrupted on the power outage Thanks

A:ContextMenu is causing explorer.exe to crash?

Any changes before the problem? Did it worked before? What particular zip files and software extractor is being used?Try downloading Speccy and then install the program.  To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.. In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot. Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard. On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post. Download MiniToolBox and run the program. SelectList Last 10 Event Viewers, List Installed Programs and List Users, Partitions and Memory Size then click Go.A notepad will open then copy-paste the report on your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496613/contextmenu-is-causing-explorerexe-to-crash/
Relevancy 67.51%

I've got a Dell XPS on Win 8.1 that has just started misbehaving in the last week or so.
Every now and again winexplorer.exe just stops working and a reboot is needed.
In the Action > Maintenance center I'm getting loads of the the following errors:
"Windows Explore stopped responding and was closed.
Waiting on Application Name: prevhost.exe"
Previous to these messages there is this on the 17th Aug 2015:
"Preview Handler Surrogate Host Stopped Working
Problem Event Name : CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: prevhost.exe"
I've looked at Windows Update History and there are no updates at this time.
I've googled and can't find anything about prehost.exe crashing winexplorer.exe.
Any ideas?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/70480-win-8-1-preview-causing-win-explorer-crash.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hey there new forum-goer here I've had this issue start up relatively recently crash causing Jpegs explorer to and I haven't the foggiest what could be causing it Basically any action taken involving jpg files will cause windows explorer to crash showing the quot checking for solution to problem quot window followed by quot windows is restarting quot I haven't seen this happen with png so it really does look to only be with that file type The actions on jpgs that will cause it to crash include -right clicking them -double clicking them -having an explorer window open say a folder containing about or more jpegs -hovering the cursor overtop of a jpeg for too long like I said though I have no idea what could be causing this I've tried using alternate programs other than the default viewer to open jpegs with I've tried doing registry checks and windows updates Jpegs causing explorer to crash and even tried starting the computer in safe mode but it still happens Anyone have any ideas on this Next steps I should take in the process of fixing it Also I've tried running sfc scannow in comand and afterwords it said quot Windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them quot Though I'm not sure whether this is due to this jpeg issue or if that's related to a different problem I have of certain windows updates failing to install

A:Jpegs causing explorer to crash

Okay. Do you have your .jpegs in thumbnail view? Try switching it to icon view. Sometimes Windows has problems with generating thumbnails causing Windows Explorer to crash. If you haven't, try it. In Windows Explorer --> Organise --> Folder and search options --> View --> Check 'always show icons, never thumbnails'.

Tell us if this works.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/jpegs-causing-explorer-to-crash-645536.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Never installed ESET NOD but Explorer NOD32 Explorer Crash Causing has been crashing and that is the explanation Have HiJack Log Logfile of Trend NOD32 Causing Explorer Crash Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system taskeng exeC Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXEC Program Files Common Files microsoft shared ink TabTip exeC Program Files DigitalPersona Bin DpAgent exeC Windows system NOD32 Causing Explorer Crash Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system WTablet Pen TabletUser exeC Windows System rundll exeC Windows System rundll exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Motorola SMSERIAL sm hlpr exeC Windows RtHDVCpl exeC Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Alltel GoBoingo AlltelWifi exeC Windows WindowsMobile wmdc exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBUpdate qbupdate exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP wireless Assistant WiFiMsg EXEC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exeC Windows System mobsync exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXEC Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp clipbook exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink InputPersonalization exeC Program Files Intuit QuickBooks qbw exeC a Program AUTUMN exeC tgi TGICASE exeC Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks axlbridge exeC PROGRA Intuit QUICKB QBDBMgr exeC Program Files Password Agent PwAgent exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a n amp pf laptopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http hp-laptop aol com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a n amp pf laptopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a n amp pf laptopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - Hosts localhostO - Hosts panamacitychiropractic comO - Hosts images panamacitychiropractic comO - Hosts icontrol panamacitychiropractic comO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO AVG Safe Search - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - C PROGRA AVG AVG AVGTOO DLLO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO HP Print Clips - FFFFFFFF-FF - C - EC- E AA B D - c Program Files HP Smart We... Read more

Relevancy 67.08%

hi not too hot with this sort of stuff so I hope I have managed to post all the neccessary information I am running windows vista home premuium edition with service pack The issue I have is that system icons have been blanked off Systems to Explorer.exe Crash Causing Tray for the last few days and whenever I attempt to Systems Tray Causing Explorer.exe to Crash click on them a lot of the time it will cause Windows Explorer to crash and restart itself Image A shows the blanked off icons the JackSally is simply a toolbar which is still fully functional B The System also seems to be running noticable slower over the last few weeks I have run multiple scans over the time and use an array of security programs Norton Spybot Spyware Doctor Windows Defender CCleaner None of the programs run seem to have picked up on anything that could be causing the problems I try and take care of what i allow onto the computer as I use it for a lot of money transactions and having fast performance is pretty key to its use There do not seem to be any noticable attacks on my system thus far but i fear this may be the start of a bigger problem Google didn't reveal any result for similar problems people have dealt with except for one other thread that was started on here in a different forum yesterday the user was advised to make a thread in this forum but at time of posting had not done so http www techsupportforum com f explorer-exe-stopped-working-and-restarting-system-tray-icons-missing- html Here is my DSS log DDS Ver - - - NTFSX Run by Ged at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT SP Spybot - Search and Destroy enabled Updated ED FAF- B F- B -ACA - E C DADBE SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files Common Files Logitech Bluetooth LBTServ exe C Windows system rundll exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files x Seagate SystemTray StxMenuMgr exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows RAVCpl exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x Memeo AutoBackup MemeoService exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint LBTWiz exe C Program Files x Portrait Displays Pivot Software wpCtrl exe C Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files x Google Google Talk googletalk exe C Program Files UltraMon UltraMon exe C Program Files x EDIMAX Common RaUI exe C Program Files UltraMon UltraMonTaskbar exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint x SetPoint exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files x Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files x Spyware Doctor BDT BDTUpdateService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Program Files x GIGABYTE EnergySaver GSvr exe C Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files x Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x Common Files Portrait Displays Drivers pdisrvc exe C Program Files x PostgreSQL bin pg ctl exe C Program Files x Common Files Realtime Soft RTSHookInterop x RTSHookInterop exe C Windows SysWOW DllHost exe C Windows SysWOW PnkBstrA exe C Windows SysWOW PnkBstrB exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files x EDIMAX Common RalinkRegistryWriter exe C Program Files x Spywar... Read more

Relevancy 67.08%

Hi friends I've been experiencing problems more of an annoying factor that a crippling problem However it concerns me that it may be part of a bigger problem When I am in Windows Explorer and right click on a folder Windows Explorer crashes and restarts Crash Windows Explorer causing Shell32.dll I found history Shell32.dll causing Windows Explorer Crash of Windows Explorer crashing by viewing the technical Shell32.dll causing Windows Explorer Crash details found in a reliability history report Source Windows Explorer Summary Stopped working Date AM Status Report sent Description Faulting Application Path C Windows explorer exe Problem signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name Explorer EXE Application Version Application Timestamp d ee Fault Module Name SHELL dll Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp f ddfa Exception Code c Exception Offset a OS Version Locale ID Additional Information ca f Additional Information ca f e af e c b ede Additional Information cdea Additional Information cdeaba e fe bbfd f c e d Extra information about the problem Bucket ID Problem appears to be caused by shell dll How can I repair this

A:Shell32.dll causing Windows Explorer Crash

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511270/shell32dll-causing-windows-explorer-crash/
Relevancy 67.08%

What a maddening experience

Running Win 7 64Bit Professional (retail)

even happens after a nice fresh clean install. I have seen so many threads/issues around the net about this, you'd think Microsoft would have responded.

I don't have any "additional" junk installed, and it still happens.

It's totally random, could happen 2-3 days after a reboot, or it could happen out of the blue 30 mins into a reboot.

Has anybody seen Microsoft respond about this in ANY way?

A:Right Click on desktop causing Explorer.exe crash!!!

There are many reports of this issue by a subset of users here.

I installed 64bit Win 7 Pro on my desktop and used it extensively for three days without seeing such an error. I then rebuilt the system (long story) and it has been happening non-stop since. BTW, both builds were clean installs.

The only thing that I think that I did differently on the second build is install 7zip. Given that 7zip adds a contextual menu item, I decided to uninstall it last night. The crash still happened. I then rebooted and have not seen a similar crash, but I have only used the system for a couple of hours since this uninstall/reboot.

The entire thing may be a false correlation. Only time (and input from others) will tell. That said, if it crops up again, I am going to rebuild the system...again....assuming, perhaps, it's a corrupt install.

BTW, the specific error relates to a very vague heap corruption that folks here have not been able to debug (yet).

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/34826-right-click-desktop-causing-explorer-exe-crash.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi first of all I'd like to state the fact that I'm an malware to unidentified crash explorer.exe causing idiot before unidentified malware causing explorer.exe to crash you have the chance to draw that conclusion on your own I had unidentified malware causing explorer.exe to crash downloaded a crack for a program which my antivirus avira PE detected as a virus and I chose to run it anyways A lot of the time it will falsely detect files which are called crack exe or serialgen exe etc and thoguh I was not downloading from a trusted site I took the chance anyways Needless to say I made the wrong decision Here are the log's from running random's system information tool info txt logfile of random's system information tool - - Uninstall list Acronis True Image Home-- MsiExec exe X E B - DF- BD- FCF-A C E A Add or Remove Adobe Creative Suite Master Collection-- C Program Files Common Files Adobe Installers bb e e c bd Setup exeAdobe After Effects CS Presets-- MsiExec exe I D A -E - AE- D-F C Adobe After Effects CS Template Projects amp Footage-- MsiExec exe I C - - F - B - A FA F E Adobe After Effects CS Third Party Content-- MsiExec exe I B ADA- E- -AD - C D F Adobe After Effects CS -- MsiExec exe I A D B- FCC- AF- C -A BA D Adobe Anchor Service CS -- MsiExec exe I - A B- CCC-A D-F A B Adobe Asset Services CS -- MsiExec exe I FF DD A-FE - -B CF- E AF EA A Adobe Bridge CS -- MsiExec exe I C D - - -A A -D E D Adobe Bridge Start Meeting-- MsiExec exe I B - EEF- -AEDA- AB A A Adobe BridgeTalk Plugin CS -- MsiExec exe I B CFB -C - -AFFD- E AAFAF B E Adobe Camera Raw -- MsiExec exe I B BF -A D- D - A - AC ACD FC C Adobe CMaps-- MsiExec exe I A B BD-FF D- - DAA- EABEC C Adobe Color - Photoshop Specific-- MsiExec exe I A D E - A - A -A - B C E Adobe Color Common Settings-- MsiExec exe I DADD B A-BCB - F - A-ECB B F ECD Adobe Color EU Extra Settings-- MsiExec exe I -E B - - -B F FF B Adobe Color JA Extra Settings-- MsiExec exe I DD DB C - FA - FA - A -C F EB Adobe Color NA Recommended Settings-- MsiExec exe I ED - CA - DF- F- A E Adobe Contribute CS -- MsiExec exe I FC E AA-CD - C -BEF - E B E D Adobe Creative Suite Master Collection-- MsiExec exe I AC C- F- -ACAD-C F F D D Adobe Default Language CS -- MsiExec exe I B B -B E - E C-BF C- BC D Adobe Device Central CS -- MsiExec exe I D BA -F - - AE -D F D F DD Adobe Dreamweaver CS -- MsiExec exe I C F C -F F- BD -A -C D D DD Adobe Encore CS Library-- MsiExec exe I D C -EA C- E - E-AD Adobe Encore CS -- MsiExec exe I C - C - -B F -E B CF A Adobe ExtendScript Toolkit -- C Program Files Common Files Adobe Installers e d e aa c d e ff Setup exeAdobe ExtendScript Toolkit -- MsiExec exe I D D-D B - E - EA- EC B DD Adobe Extension Manager CS -- MsiExec exe I BE F - - - D - E E A Adobe Fireworks CS -- MsiExec exe I DFC -D - CE-B E-FF AE Adobe Flash CS -- MsiExec exe I B A-F - -BFFC-DB F B C Adobe Flash Player Plugin-- C Windows system Macromed Flash uninstall plugin exeAdobe Flash Player ActiveX-- C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil b exe -uninstallDeleteAdobe Flash Player ActiveX-- MsiExec exe X BC F E - E - EC-B E -E F CB C Adobe Flash Player ActiveX-- C Windows system Macromed Flash uninstall activeX exeAdobe Flash Video Encoder-- MsiExec exe I EFFFC - E - E-A E -CEEC B D Adobe Fonts All-- MsiExec exe I ABE BEE-D - FE -B - E A B Adobe Help Viewer CS -- MsiExec exe I ACFB E- FD - -AD A- A Adobe Illustrator CS -- MsiExec exe I F E D E-F - - C -D FF A A Adobe InDesign CS Icon Handler-- MsiExec exe I EA B CC - D- CF - -FD A E Adobe InDesign CS -- MsiExec exe I CB F -B - B F- C - ED E FD Adobe Linguistics CS -- MsiExec exe I AA - - F -ABB -C C Adobe MotionPicture Color Files-- MsiExec exe I B - A- EB - C -CD FF Adobe PDF Library Files-- MsiExec exe I D B -CC D- B - BB-F BAA C C Adobe Photoshop CS -- MsiExec exe I FA -C B - -BACB- DC FC Adobe Premiere Pro CS Functional Content-- MsiExec exe I F CA- BE - A - - BB EB B A Adobe Premiere Pro CS Third Party Content-- MsiExec exe I B -DCA - A -AADD-B CB... Read more

A:unidentified malware causing explorer.exe to crash

Welcome to the BleepingComputer Forums. Since it has been a few days since you scanned your computer with HijackThis, we will need a new HijackThis log. If you have not already downloaded Random's System Information Tool (RSIT), please download Random's System Information Tool (RSIT) by random/random which includes a HijackThis log and save it to your desktop. If you have RSIT already on your computer, please run it again. Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT. Click Continue at the disclaimer screen. After it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both. log.txt will be maximized and info.txt will be minimized. Thank you for your patience.Please see Preparation Guide for use before posting about your potential Malware problem. If you have already posted this log at another forum or if you decide to seek help at another forum, please let us know. There is a shortage of helpers and taking the time of two volunteer helpers means that someone else may not be helped. Please post your HijackThis log as a reply to this thread and not as an attachment. I am always leery of opening attachments so I always request that HijackThis logs are to be posted as a reply to the thread. I do not think that you are attaching anything scary but others may do so. While we are working on your HijackThis log, please: Reply to this thread; do not start another! Do not make any changes on your computer during the cleaning process or download/add programs on your computer unless instructed to do so. Do not run any other tool until instructed to do so! Let me know if any of the links do not work or if any of the tools do not work. Tell me about problems or symptoms that occur during the fix. Do not run any other programs or open any other windows while doing a fix. Ask any questions that you have regarding the fix(es), the infection(s), the performance of your computer, etc.Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/188810/unidentified-malware-causing-explorerexe-to-crash/
Relevancy 67.08%

The problem first arrose a few days ago when, Windows Essentials had picked up a Trojan, I thought nothing greatly of it and selected to remove it, not thinking I would later need to know the name of the trojan. Done and dusted right?

Not at all as the next day when I went and switche on my laptop and got to my desktop, after a few seconds all icons vanished and it crashed. I am unable to use anything or even open upen Task Manager to see if I can locate it and stop it from working so that I then have a chance in removing it.

It then comes up with a standard internet connection error message "This program cannot display the webpage". Even if I attempt to Ctrl+Alt+Del to try and start the Task Manager, it will appear and then dissappear.
Any help appreciated.

A:Trojan causing windows explorer crash

This only occurs during normal mode, there are no problems whilst in Safe mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trojan-causing-windows-explorer-crash.1064295/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi first of all I possibly explorer.exe malware to causing crash d like to state the fact that I m an idiot before you have the chance to draw that conclusion on your own I had downloaded a crack for a program which my antivirus avira PE detected as a virus and I chose to run it anyways A lot of the time it will falsely detect files which are called crack exe or serialgen exe etc and thoguh I was not downloading from a trusted site I took the chance anyways Needless to say I made malware possibly causing explorer.exe to crash the wrong decision Here are the log s from running random s system information tool info txt logfile of random s system information tool malware possibly causing explorer.exe to crash - - Uninstall list Acronis True Image Home-- MsiExec exe X E B - DF- BD- FCF-A C E A Add or Remove Adobe Creative Suite Master Collection-- C Program Files Common Files Adobe Installers bb e e c bd Setup exeAdobe After Effects CS Presets-- MsiExec exe I D A -E - AE- D-F C Adobe After Effects CS Template Projects amp Footage-- malware possibly causing explorer.exe to crash MsiExec exe I C - - F - B - A FA F E Adobe After Effects CS Third Party Content-- MsiExec exe I B ADA- E- -AD - C D F Adobe After Effects CS -- MsiExec exe I A D B- FCC- AF- C -A BA D Adobe Anchor Service CS -- MsiExec exe I - A B- CCC-A D-F A B Adobe Asset Services CS -- MsiExec exe I FF DD A-FE - -B CF- E AF EA A Adobe Bridge CS -- MsiExec exe I C D - - -A A -D E D Adobe Bridge Start Meeting-- MsiExec exe I B - EEF- -AEDA- AB A A Adobe BridgeTalk Plugin CS -- MsiExec exe I B CFB -C - -AFFD- E AAFAF B E Adobe Camera Raw -- MsiExec exe I B BF -A D- D - A - AC ACD FC C Adobe CMaps-- MsiExec exe I A B BD-FF D- - DAA- EABEC C Adobe Color - Photoshop Specific-- MsiExec exe I A D E - A - A -A - B C E Adobe Color Common Settings-- MsiExec exe I DADD B A-BCB - F - A-ECB B F ECD Adobe Color EU Extra Settings-- MsiExec exe I -E B - - -B F FF B Adobe Color JA Extra Settings-- MsiExec exe I DD DB C - FA - FA - A -C F EB Adobe Color NA Recommended Settings-- MsiExec exe I ED - CA - DF- F- A E Adobe Contribute CS -- MsiExec exe I FC E AA-CD - C -BEF - E B E D Adobe Creative Suite Master Collection-- MsiExec exe I AC C- F- -ACAD-C F F D D Adobe Default Language CS -- MsiExec exe I B B -B E - E C-BF C- BC D Adobe Device Central CS -- MsiExec exe I D BA -F - - AE -D F D F DD Adobe Dreamweaver CS -- MsiExec exe I C F C -F F- BD -A -C D D DD Adobe Encore CS Library-- MsiExec exe I D C -EA C- E - E-AD Adobe Encore CS -- MsiExec exe I C - C - -B F -E B CF A Adobe ExtendScript Toolkit -- C Program Files Common Files Adobe Installers e d e aa c d e ff Setup exeAdobe ExtendScript Toolkit -- MsiExec exe I D D-D B - E - EA- EC B DD Adobe Extension Manager CS -- MsiExec exe I BE F - - - D - E E A Adobe Fireworks CS -- MsiExec exe I DFC -D - CE-B E-FF AE Adobe Flash CS -- MsiExec exe I B A-F - -BFFC-DB F B C Adobe Flash Player Plugin-- C Windows system Macromed Flash uninstall plugin exeAdobe Flash Player ActiveX-- C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil b exe -uninstallDeleteAdobe Flash Player ActiveX-- MsiExec exe X BC F E - E - EC-B E -E F CB C Adobe Flash Player ActiveX-- C Windows system Macromed Flash uninstall activeX exeAdobe Flash Video Encoder-- MsiExec exe I EFFFC - E - E-A E -CEEC B D Adobe Fonts All-- MsiExec exe I ABE BEE-D - FE -B - E A B Adobe Help Viewer CS -- MsiExec exe I ACFB E- FD - -AD A- A Adobe Illustrator CS -- MsiExec exe I F E D E-F - - C -D FF A A Adobe InDesign CS Icon Handler-- MsiExec exe I EA B CC - D- CF - -FD A E Adobe InDesign CS -- MsiExec exe I CB F -B - B F- C - ED E FD Adobe Linguistics CS -- MsiExec exe I AA - - F -ABB -C C Adobe MotionPicture Color Files-- MsiExec exe I B - A- EB - C -CD FF Adobe PDF Library Files-- MsiExec exe I D B -CC D- B - BB-F BAA C C Adobe Photoshop CS -- MsiExec exe I FA -C B - -BACB- DC FC Adobe Premiere Pro CS Functional Content-- MsiExec exe I F CA- BE - A - - BB EB B A Adobe Premiere Pro CS Third Party Content-- ... Read more

A:malware possibly causing explorer.exe to crash

Ok I see from responses to threads similar to mine I did what I do best and messed up. Can an admin please move this topic to the appropriate place?

Thank you and Merry Christmas.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/188798/malware-possibly-causing-explorerexe-to-crash/
Relevancy 67.08%

Please I need help for this fast I can only stay on Somebody crash help is my please explorer causing to tray system - my comp for Somebody please help - my system tray is causing explorer to crash an hour or so before this virus complete erases all my system tray and desktop icons I don't know anything about computers so I don't know what to do I have also followed all your instructions to the best of my ability but I am so stressed out right now I don't know what to do please help I am running windows vista and each time I turn on my comp my system tray has these weird icons at the bottom and my browser tabs at the bottom i dont know what they're called sorry get smaller and smaller and then then they disappear along with my desktop icons It keeps saying windows explorer is shutting down and restarting VERY annoying problem I am losing a lot of time with schoolwork on this Please help This is what I see And this is what my system tray looks like Sometimes it will just be all black I don't know what to do Sometimes there will be random pop-ups for no reason and it says explorer is shutting down and restarting - although my explorer never really shuts down Please help me I am a struggling student and this is the least of my worries I need the computer for everything and I have no money I truly appreciate what you guys are doing for people for free and hope you can help me because a solution will truly save my life here Here's my DDS DDS Ver - - - NTFSX Run by Owner at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files x Creative Shared Files CTAudSvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system rundll exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files x Spyware Doctor BDT BDTUpdateService exe C Program Files x ATI Catalyst Media Center Kernel TV CLCapSvc exe C Program Files x ATI Catalyst Media Center Kernel CLML NTService CLMLServer exe C Program Files GATEWAY Gateway Recovery Management Service ETService exe C Program Files x Hotspot Shield HssWPR hsssrv exe C Program Files x Hotspot Shield bin hsswd exe C Program Files x Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files x CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x ArcSoft Magic-i Visual Effects uCamMonitor exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Program Files x Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAANTMon exe C Windows SysWOW DllHost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files x Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows MHotKey exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files Windows S... Read more

A:Somebody please help - my system tray is causing explorer to crash

Bump.

Someone PLEASE help me. I am also now getting redirects for google whenever I click any links. My virus scan is not finding anything wrong but i cant even run one of my programs for school. I am going crazy and really need to use this compuiter properly so someone please I AM BEGGING YOU. PLEASE HELP ME!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/somebody-please-help-my-system-tray-is-causing-explorer-to-crash-514127.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi all Every time I start windows XP with sp explorer exe crashes with the following error messages First I get a message box that says Explorer exe application error The instruction at x referenced memory at x The memory could not be quot written quot This is accompanied by a Data Execution Prevention message box that says To help protect your computer windows has closed the program quot Windows Explorer quot After this happens I can still open task manager to run various programs and such but not much else Unfortunately I do not have access to a Virus to explorer crash startup causing on Windows install disk or a boot CD Any help Virus causing explorer to crash on startup would be greatly appreciated Below is my DDS output I've also attached the ARK txt and Attach txt files from the GMER utility Thanks DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Administrator at on Sat Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter Wireless Network Monitor WLService exe C Program Files Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter Wireless Network Monitor WUSB GC exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files Microsoft Virus causing explorer to crash on startup IntelliPoint ipoint exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO Gretech Toolbar d c f- a- -a ad- d - c program files ask com GenericAskToolbar dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB Gretech Toolbar d c f- a- -a ad- d - c program files ask com GenericAskToolbar dll mRun MSConfig c windows pchealth helpctr binaries MSConfig exe auto mRun HotKeysCmds c windows system hkcmd exe mRun IgfxTray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun IntelliPoint quot c program files microsoft intellipoint ipoint exe quot mRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup mRun NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit mRun nwiz nwiz exe install mRun Persistence c windows system igfxpers exe mRun RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE mRun NeroFilterCheck c program files common files nero lib NeroCheck exe mRun AVG TRAY c progra avg avg avgtray exe IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c... Read more

A:Virus causing explorer to crash on startup

You are running a pirated copy of Windows.

As you should have read in our pre-posting thread:

IMPORTANT - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help

* It is also this forum's policy that we only address users with a legal copy of Windows. If during the course of a fix it is determined that the copy is not legal, we must stop the cleansing process.

This thread shall now be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/virus-causing-explorer-to-crash-on-startup-513393.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I can open control panel fine at any time and windows 7 will never crash using on board sound, but when I install the newest x-fi drivers from creative, explorer.exe will crash whenever control panel is opened.

i'm not sure if this is the correct sub forum, but i hope that my problem can be resolved as i need to be able to use my x-fi sound card and on board sound just doesn't cut it.

A:X-FI drivers possibly causing explorer.exe crash?

read about another user being suspicious of the same issues, after removal of the driver system was stable and sound card still worked may want to try that until we can get more information on this issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/57112-x-fi-drivers-possibly-causing-explorer-exe-crash.html
Relevancy 66.22%

When saving a jpg image in Firefox Firefox crashes and closes without warning When viewing a folder full of pictures in Windows Explorer Explorer crashes and closes in about seconds it varies This is even when viewing the files without thumbnails Detailed list view I have removed Thumbs db from this folder I have run chkdsk F on all partitions in my computer This folder that is causing the Explorer crash is on a FAT partition chkdsk found and other Explorer Solved: to applications crash causing Images no errors on the FAT partition but fixed something in the NTFS partition Even though only one folder seems to be causing Explorer to crash it Solved: Images causing Explorer and other applications to crash seems that no matter where I save images in Firefox Firefox still crashes I scanned for viruses a bit I ran Free AVG on the entire computer I also ran Trend Micro Housecall from the browser No threats were found I am using Windows XP with Service Pack and all the latest updates on a Gateway MT laptop nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

Hello My laptop is having serious problems I think those are due crash and causing Explorer Svchost Virus/Trojans to virus trojans I am running Windows XP Pro SP Here are the symptoms that make me suspicious Google Chrome has stopped working Uninstalling and reinstalling haven't helped Windows Automatic Updates is turned on but no updation Virus/Trojans causing Explorer and Svchost crash happens When I try to open the Virus/Trojans causing Explorer and Svchost crash Windows update website manually IE can not open the page at all shows can not open page error While I was working twice I found a pop up which looked like Virus/Trojans causing Explorer and Svchost crash a small browser window and it showed the new email registration pages of yahoo and hotmail All the required field were being filled up 'automatically' the only time this auto-fill was failing was when it came down to fill out the Captcha fields But the hotmail email creation worked fine At first I thought it was a moving gif image but when the newly created hotmail inbox opened I could click on the welcome email message sent by the hotmail team This opo-up window did not have a browser icon at the taskbar but had an icon of a folder Everytime I start my Windows it gets very slow and while working first I get a Win svchost error which closes down the Windows Audio service along with refreshing the Windows theme and then I get an error message saying explorer has caused an error and is restarted While shutting down Windows everytime explorer stops responding and I have to manually do an 'End Now' to shut down Windows On the task manager explorer exe seems to be running high on RAM consuming more than MB Here are a few errors from the Event Viewer that I get everytime Event Type Error Event Source Application Error Event Category Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer USERXP-F A CFC Description Faulting application svchost exe version faulting module unknown version fault address x aef For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data c Applicat f e c ion Fail ure svc f e host exe e e e i e e b e f n unknow e e e e n f at off set ae f Event Type Error Event Source Application Error Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer USERXP-F A CFC Description Fault bucket For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data b a Bucket d a Event Type Error Event Source Application Error Event Category None Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer USERXP-F A CFC Description Faulting application explorer exe version faulting module version fault address x For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data c Applicat f e c ion Fail ure exp c f e lorer ex e e e e e e e in e f at o ffset d a I did a full system scan with Avast and Malwarebytes and they found and quarrantined a few trojans But still the problem persists I tried running DDS but it froze my system twice so couldn't get those reports I have zipped and attached ark txt

A:Virus/Trojans causing Explorer and Svchost crash

Hello. DDS has been updated. Please delete your existing version of DDS, and download it again, here:

http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/dds.scr

Post/attach the logs it produces

Please note:

One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan/rootkit.

This type of infection allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information and download and execute files without your knowledge.

If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.

You can read this: How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/virus-trojans-causing-explorer-and-svchost-crash-526979.html
Relevancy 65.36%

This is again continued from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/552613/unknown-problem-causing-program-crashesbsod/?p=3511386
I am at wits end, I have thought I fixed the underlying problem with this second time restoring my laptop via onekey restore. The computer again worked fine for the first few days, but this time, the problem started when the wifi adapter started malfunctioning. Every time I click or hover over the network connections button, it is crashing the file explorer (nttdll.dll). I had been slowly installing windows updates by year ( I got up to 2013) and installed the minimum programs needed to use my computer and made regular restore points after every years updates because I was weary. However, looking back now, system restore claims that no restore points have been created. I'm addition, running sfc yielded unrepairable errors again, and I am completely out of ideas and am wondering if it's a hardware issue... Please help!

A:Wifi adapter causing File explorer crash + other problems

Fix your problem by using refresh my PC options. Click or tap on Settings > Change PC Settings > Update and Recovery.

Then open the recovery option and then select get started and refresh your PC without affecting your files. This re-installs windows without trashing your data. As an extra precaution, make sure your data is backed up.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/553948/wifi-adapter-causing-file-explorer-crash-other-problems/
Relevancy 65.36%

So I am having a very weird issue with Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit..

If I open Safari 4 or Internet Explorer, the taskbar crashes (if I leave the window open or minimize it, however it doesn't crash if I close it completely).. and then I hit CTRL+ALT+DELETE and the taskmanager also crashes and I have to log off then back on or restart completely.

However, if I use the 64-bit version of Internet Explorer, this doesn't happen. It is ONLY happening with Internet browsers as I have checked with other applications.

I have't installed anything I believe to cause this.. And I have no system restore points to restore too

What shall I do? I can't reinstall, unless 100% necessary as it will take me days to get all this working like it used too..

Thanks for any possible help,
Matthew.

A:32 bit internet browsers causing windows 7 64bit explorer to crash..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/32-bit-internet-browsers-causing-windows-7-64bit-explorer-to-crash.853462/
Relevancy 65.36%

My father-in-law downloaded a program yesterday that made a link to a free e-card making website Since then he virus/malware to crash/restart. Explorer Unknown causing restarted his laptop Unknown virus/malware causing Explorer to crash/restart. to find that Windows Explorer would crash and then restart It will continue to do this for a few minutes before it stops loading Explorer I can manually start it up again through the Task Manager but it continues its previous actions The laptop is running Windows XP Pro SP and AVG Free as its antivirus My father-in-law scanned and found infected objects however he 'healed' them without getting their names Here is the DDS report DDS Version - NTFSx Run by Spence Gibbs at on Wed Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Canon IJPLM IJPLMSVC EXE C Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM STacSV exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbam exe C Documents and Settings Spence Gibbs Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO AVG Safe Search CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO N A DDFA -B - A- F - E E C D - c windows system khfGyvuR dll BHO N A D CB -C CD- c f-BFDC- B AFBDC C - c windows system vtUlICSM dll BHO SSVHelper Class BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c program files java jre bin ssv dll mRun AVG TRAY c progra avg avg avgtray exe mRun CanonSolutionMenu c program files canon solutionmenu CNSLMAIN exe logon mRun CanonMyPrinter c program files canon myprinter BJMyPrt exe logon mRunOnce Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware c program files malwarebytes' anti-malware mbamgui exe install silent IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBC - c program files java jre bin ssv dll IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c progra micros office REFIEBAR DLL IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe Handler cdo - CD A- B - D - DB- C FB D - c program files common files microsoft shared web folders PKMCDO DLL Handler linkscanner - F C- F - D -A D -FBDDE F D - c program files avg avg avgpp dll Notify GoToAssist - c program files citrix gotoassist G AWinLogon dll Notify igfxcui - igfxdev dll Notify vtUlICSM - vtUlICSM dll AppInit DLLs avgrsstx dll SSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - c windows system WPDShServiceObj dll c windows system vtUlICSM dll SecurityProviders msapsspc dll schannel dll digest dll msnsspc dll digeste dll LSA Authentication Packages msv c windows system khfGyvuR FIREFOX FF - ProfilePath - c docume spence gibbs application data mozilla firefox profiles lvj bnxv default FF - prefs js browser startup homepage - hxxp mail google com mail hl en amp tab wm inbox FF - component c program files avg avg firefox components avgssff dll SERVICES DRIVERS R AvgLdx AVG AVI Loader Driver x c windows system drivers avgldx sys - - R AvgMfx AVG On-access Scanner Minifilter Driver x c windows system drivers avgmfx sys - - R avg emc AVG E-mail Scanner c progra avg avg avgemc exe ... Read more

A:Unknown virus/malware causing Explorer to crash/restart.

Welcome to BC Sorry for the delayPlease download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from Here or HereDouble Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
Once the program has loaded, select Perform Quick Scan, then click Scan.
The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply with a fresh Hijackthis log too.Extra Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/189054/unknown-virusmalware-causing-explorer-to-crashrestart/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have a set of files on a Windows Vista computer that need to be shared on a wireless in-house network with a pair of Win XP v2002 SP3 computers. The files seem to be accessible on the network, the firewalls on all three computers are turned off for testing (I'll tweak the rules later once I get it working), they are all on the same workgroup, etc etc. Whenever I try accessing the files on either of the XP computers, Explorer crashes. Do I need to update them? Is there something that I am missing?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-shared-folder-causing-xp-accessing-comp-explorer-crash.730636/
Relevancy 56.33%

Skype is causing a BSoD with the MULTIPLE-IRP-COMPLETE-REQUESTS error line. It only happens when i end the call on my line, if in a conversation with somebody else who ends the call, it doesn't replicate. This happens every single time i've hung up.

I've already removed LogMeInHamachi and the associated network adaptor, and it's still happening. (I had the version before they hotfixed it and after doing some research saw it could be the problem)

Minidump files included

A:[SOLVED] Skype causing BSoD

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Is Skype the only problem here for a BSOD?

Please try to uninstall Skype by using this program here:

Revo Uninstaller Pro - Uninstall Software, Remove Programs easily, Forced Uninstall, Leftovers Uninstaller

Allow it to run the normal uninstaller then their normal scan. Make sure to select all of the boxes and press delete.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-skype-causing-bsod-853346.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Since installing utorrent days ago i have had the following problems skype I can hear see but friend cannot hear me then hears me for a minute or so then cannot hear me everything on friends skype laptop is working cause when i use my cell phone skype app there is no problem problem is MY laptop Printing from windows viewer problem in mic to ...causing want skype utorrent delete problem generating preview then sometimes message com not responding close want to delete utorrent ...causing mic problem in skype program system crash once delayed loading off all pages when surfing the net system sounds like it is running perpetually and screen does not sleep I attempted to uninstalled utorrent and deleted all downloaded files however it removed the program name from the list but i dont think it was actually uninstalled there is still a file which i think is utorrent C Users User AppData Local dea ce-a - fb-e -a e f afc exe when i try to delete this file it says the action cant be completed because the file is open in host process for windows services any help to get this program off my computer would be fantastic thank you

A:want to delete utorrent ...causing mic problem in skype

Hi -
Not sure if this will help, but we often give these instructions if your uninstall (any program) has problems ..............

Re install the program fully and then follow all directions to uninstall it again

Regards -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/555631/want-to-delete-utorrent-causing-mic-problem-in-skype/
Relevancy 55.9%

Having trouble with my wifes laptop. It's a Dell Studio 17 with Windows Vista Home Premium w Service Pack 1. In the past few days its been crashing to the blue screen a lot, the only things that have been added in the past few days is Skype and Quicktime. I read online that Skype doesn't support Vista and it's had issues with the blue screen, so we got rid of it. At first when I tired to uninstall it, it would just go blue screen. So I restarted in safe mode, and tried there, but it said that I couldn't, so I just deleted the folder, restarted and then uninstalled. But, still getting the blue screens. It seems to mostly (or maybe only) happen when she closes it and then opens it back up. Any help with this issue would be very helpful, she'd had the laptop for only a few months.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/skype-or-quicktime-causing-blue-screens-408778.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi i m back here as advised by myrti in post below Posted Yesterday AM Hi parkton your logs are looking clean and I don t think malware is involved I would suggest that you repost your issue in the Windows forum from which this thread was originally moved Please be aware that Hijackthis as well as DDS are used for malware detection only at BleepingComputer which is why your topic was moved to malware removal So when you repost just leave out the log from Hijackthis and I m sure the people in the software forums will get you sorted quickly It sounds like you may have a driver issue On a related mattter if this is a laptop prebuilt PC from a major video BSOD? Skype settings causing company it is possible that you have a recovery partition on your PC from which you can reset your PC should the need arise one day not necessarily today regards myrti So with regards to my problem - My OS is Windows Home Edition bit I don t have a Windows disc as it came pre-loaded and now i can t find the recovery disc i made Skype video settings causing BSOD? Just to recap from Skype video settings causing BSOD? my original post I ve connected up a Trust Primo webcam and installed Skype Webcam and skype both seemed to work before downloading drivers for webcam because i wanted some of the extra features like face movement tracking Only seems to cause BSOD when clicking on Skype tools- options- video settings- CRASH Otherwise i haven t as yet encountered much else other than my HP Photosmart B a wireless printer is disconnected and has apparently lost it s drivers which don t want to re-load Can you advise on what i need to do to fix the problem - as stated above myrti thinks it might be a driver problem Thanks

A:Skype video settings causing BSOD?

Hello Parkton,

OK first let's roll back the webcam driver to the previous version, then we will try to update the printer drivers.

To Roll Back driver

click Start button

right-click computer

select manage

click on device manager on right hand pane

expand web cam or camera

select the web cam and right-click

select properties

select driver TAB

select Roll Back Driver

select yes and restart computer.
Update HP Printer driver

Click Start button

right-click computer

select manage

select HP printer with yellow symbol

right-click select update driver

select let windows find drivers automatically

Hopefully it will find the drivers on the computer all ready.
If it doesn't find the drivers automatically then you can browse your computer to find them. If they were already installed then you could try searching C:\HP\Drivers.
Click Start button

right-click computer

select manage

select HP printer with yellow symbol

right-click select update driver

select browse my computer to find driver

select the browse button and search for drivers C:\HP\Drivers

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/423730/skype-video-settings-causing-bsod/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi there,

Can someone please help?

After installing Skype, when it tries to open the application, I get a windows error. There is no way that I can use my Skype application.

I have included my HJT logs.

A:Solved: Skype causing windows error.

Looks like I solved the problem.

I uninstalled Skype via Control Panel. After that I did a manual search in the registry for Skype, and removed every reference.

Downloaded the newest version of Skype, and re-installed. Problem Solved !!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-skype-causing-windows-error.736780/
Relevancy 55.04%

When I opened the local connection properties or saved the settings explorer exe crashed I found the fault module is netcfgx dll how to fix it Thanks in advance Below is the application log info Log Name C Users Admin AppData Local Temp notesC A C applicationProgram evt Source Application Error Date Event ID Task Category None Level Error caused explorer.exe 【Explorer Crash】netcfgx.dll crash Keywords Classic User N A Computer PC Description Faulting application name explorer exe version time stamp xnetcfgx dll Faulting module name version time stamp x C F E C C F E E E E E E E C C E E E F D A Exception code x Fault offset x Faulting process id x Faulting application start time x Faulting application path Faulting module path Report 【Explorer Crash】netcfgx.dll caused explorer.exe crash Id Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event 【Explorer Crash】netcfgx.dll caused explorer.exe crash quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Application Error quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt C Users Admin AppData Local Temp notesC A C applicationProgram evt lt Channel gt lt Computer gt PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt explorer exe lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt netcfgx dll lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Binary gt C F E C C F E E E E E E E C C E E E F D A lt Binary gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt

A:【Explorer Crash】netcfgx.dll caused explorer.exe crash

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Please run the SFC /SCANNOW command 3 separate times if any corrupted/missing files are found, with a reboot inbetween each scan.

Please note you may need to use/create a Windows 7 Installation DVD to replace the corrupted files or to perform a Repair Install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/259872-explorer-crash-netcfgx-dll-caused-explorer-exe-crash.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I will try to give as much detail as I can I have a Gateway laptop MX with an Intel T Dual Core Ghz GB RAM GB HDD with GB free running a fresh install of Win Home Prem SP originally came with Vista I decided to reformat and reinstall OS Everything went as and crash IE9 Skype planned I ran Windows updates until there were no more I installed MS Office Skype Auslogics disk defrag Avast Teamviewer Bluecoat K- Glary Dropbox Adobe Reader X CCleaner Process Lasso Lifecam VX- Canon MP printer Microsoft Picture It and Revo Uninstaller Firefox Cute PDF and latest Java The problem occurs when I try to run IE or Skype They both crash For instance if I navigate to http www carmax com enus view-car default html AVi amp id amp N amp D amp zip amp pD amp pI amp pT amp pC amp pB amp No amp Ep homepage homepage Make amp Rp R amp PP amp sV List amp CD amp Q dd -c e - f f-a a - e c e I get a message that a problem occured and needs to shut IE IE9 and Skype crash down I have several successful clicks before I get to this page and it crashes It tries to open the site a couple of times but to no avail Skype opens but crashes before loading completely I have to believe they are related If you can help I would appreciate it I have a Macrium backup so I can always go back

A:IE9 and Skype crash

Try uninstalling Skype and removing any addons Skype may have added to IE9. See if IE9 still crashes.

Browsers crashes are almost always caused by faulty addons.

For what it's worth, I quit using Skype after becoming annoyed with it's poor reliability and large resource consumption (especially when 5.x came out). This article also contributed to my decision: http://www.zdnet.com/blog/networking/how-skype-does-and-doesnt-work/1051

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/412414/ie9-and-skype-crash/
Relevancy 54.18%

Every time I try logging into skype, my computer freezes to the point I have to manually reboot or just make a *BEEEEEEEP* sound so I have no choice but to manually reboot it. Event viewer doesn't seem to pick up anything. I have tried reinstalling skype but that didn't help either.

A:Skype Crash

Try what is found here:

POST troubleshooting steps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/skype-crash-680982.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I need help I crash Skype have a skype problem It crashes whenever I do screen shares or video calls It says access violation My friend says it s a Directx problem I checked my Directx and I m using the latest directx I have Windows starter and the latest version of Skype - I am using Windows Starter Acer D What Skype crash I already did - Reformatted my laptop - Installed a chipset driver for Acer - based on my friend s advice - Installed Directx - based on my friend s advice I already have yes but he says the directx installed on my system might have been corrupted already I don t know what solution is left Would it help if I change my OS into Windows XP using the same Directx Is it something to do with my video card or any programs that might have problems or incompatibility with Skype My friends who use skype doesn t seem to have problems with their latest skype version I only got this when my skype was updated nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

My skype keeps crashing! It says"skype click to call has crashed" Why does this keep happening?

A:skype crash

Hi -

See if uninstalling current version Skype, then reinstalling latest version helps.

http://beta.skype.com/en/download-sk...-for-computer/

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/skype-crash-681731.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi Been a while since i ve needed to seek advice from you guys but here i am again with a new problem I ve connected up a Trust Primo webcam and installed Skype Webcam and skype both seemed to work before downloading drivers for webcam because i wanted some of the extra features like face movement tracking to i settings? pc factory Webcam can fix - and/or without restore Skype BSOD causing back Only seems to cause BSOD when clicking on Skype tools- options- video settings- CRASH I m using Windows Skype and/or Webcam causing BSOD - can i fix without restore pc back to factory settings? Home and Firefox I managed to glean the following Skype and/or Webcam causing BSOD - can i fix without restore pc back to factory settings? from error reporting st occasion- Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode b BCP C BCP FFFFF C BCP FFFFF BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users parkington AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xmlRead our privacy statement online http go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txtAnd again nd occasion -Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode b BCP C BCP FFFFF C BCP FFFFF C BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users parkington AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xmlRead our privacy statement online http go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x And again rd occasionn -Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode b BCP C BCP FFFFF C BCP FFFFF E BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users parkington AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xmlRead our privacy statement online http go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txtProblem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode b BCP C BCP FFFFF C BCP FFFFF E BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users parkington AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xmlRead our privacy statement online http go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txtHijack this logfile is as pasted below Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT SP MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Program Files x Virgin Digital Help VirginDigitalHelp exeC Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exeC Program Files x EgisTec MyWinLocker x mwlDaemon exeC Windows vsnp uvc exeC Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files x VirginMedia V Stuff Backup v stuff backup exeC Users parkington AppData Roaming SanDisk SanDiskSecureAccess Manager exeC Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files x NewTech Infosystems Acer Backup Manager BackupManagerTray exeC Program Files x Acer Hotkey Utility HotkeyUtility exeC Program Files x EgisTec Egis Software Update EgisUpdate exeC Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files x Acer Arcade Deluxe Acer Arcade Deluxe ArcadeDeluxeAgent exeC Program Files x Acer Arcade Deluxe PlayMovie PMVService exeC Program Files x Virgin Media Service Manager ServiceManager exeC Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exeC Program Files x Real RealPlayer Update realsched exeC Program Files x AVG Secure Search vprot exeC Program Files x Common Files SN... Read more

A:Skype and/or Webcam causing BSOD - can i fix without restore pc back to factory settings?

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/422506 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/422506/skype-andor-webcam-causing-bsod-can-i-fix-without-restore-pc-back-to-factory-settings/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi everyone
Suddenly, I have a problem uysing Skype. When I open Skype it tells me that it cant as Skype has crashed and do I want to close the program or Debug etc etc. This is the problem info. Any idea what has happened. Can it have anything to do with IE9 or Audacity which I have recently started using for recording voice messages? I have uninstalled Skype and download the app again and set installed bu it is unable to install and comes back the above questions.

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Skype.exe
Application Version: 5.3.0.113
Application Timestamp: 4dd67601
Fault Module Name: Skype.exe
Fault Module Version: 5.3.0.113
Fault Module Timestamp: 4dd67601
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 006ebe12
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

Relevancy 52.89%

I've just updated my brand new HP Pro Book 450 G3 with the suggested Windows 10.Everything seems to work fine except for the fact that as soon as I run the skype software the windows 10 crashes and restarts. A lightblue screen appears  with messages and hen the OS is restarted. i've tryed to uninstall and re-install the skype software but the result is always the same. Before he Windows 10 upgrade the proBook was running with Windows 8 and skype was working correctly.The pro book has already been fixed two monts ago (under warranty) by HP for not working ethernet board and wi-fi board.Is there a solution at this problem? I need skype for my job, this is my job laptop.I've bought the PC 3 months ago and it is already the second very big problem I'm experiencing.Is this a unlucky laptop or what else?please help me to solve the problem. Andrea 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Windows-10-Crash-after-skype-startup/td-p/5709913
Relevancy 52.46%
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I have exactly the same issue as posted here http forums techguy org Skype crash and windows in missing text windows-vista -problems-missing-text-skype html Problems with missing text and Skype Not sure if this is the right forum or not just registered today to seek help However for the past few days I ve noticed some strange stuff going on with my laptop Skype crash and missing text in windows For starters there is missing text in places I know there should be text a few screenshots as examples here as to what i m talking about game client login with missing text this is affecting my internet browser too such as on photobucket Not sure if this is related to another issue I m having here but I m having problems starting Skype I simply get a few error messages that repeat a while These messages are as follows quot Out of system resources quot quot Out of system resources quot quot Out of system resources quot quot Exception EOutOfResources in module Skype exe at A The specified resource name cannot be found in the image file quot In the screenshot you can see the Skype error together with the controls with reduced height in the All CPU Meter gadget and MS Word says there s not enough memory to load fonts Here is a page in the Opera browser with expanded spacing between chars in the words Any suggestions please Lenovo Thinkpad x Intel Core email protected GB RAM Windows Professional bit SP nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/skype-crash-and-missing-text-in-windows.983660/
Relevancy 52.46%

I had skype on my computer running Vista for a while and used it every day Each time I used it it would lock up and I would have to restart my of skype instead reboots loading crash/windows computer manually without skype crash/windows reboots instead of loading shutting down windows I looked for solutions and read that skype did not have this problem Within minutes of my first call on skype my computer froze and I had to push the power button This time however windows would not load I get to the screen where I am given the choice of loading Vista or Ubuntu and I choose Vista Then it asks me if I want to start normally or run a diagnostic corrective program the name of which I can't remember Choosing that program does nothing the screen just flashes So I choose to start normally the screen goes black for a couple seconds then the computer turns off then back on Ubuntu loads without any problems I'm using it now Also I have only had this computer for about months so I have trouble believing it's a hardware issue I would really appreciate any help anyone could offer

A:skype crash/windows reboots instead of loading

someone please help me!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/skype-crash-windows-reboots-instead-of-loading-366554.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello All I am having problems with FireFox browser crashing only happens when I try to watch or download video browser freezes Skype no longer works Adobe crashes for example Youtube freezes No error message just FF says not responding on youtube says adobe flash has crashed Thought it was Flash or Shockwave Flash reinstalled both used uninstaller Using Windows bit new computer Hp G - WM Everything was working ok for a couple of months until several days ago Leading me to believe it was some kind of Microsoft update did a restore worked for a couple days then crashes tried system restore again tried several points restore does not help Uninstalled Skype browser still crashes Called HP had no clue recommended a complete windows uninstall install So something is causing Flash Skype FF to crash Can it be windows I read in a previous post that someone had the same problem with IE crashing Google search says it could be a sound card problem don t think I have that card Also seems to be a common problem Does anyone have any ideas don t want to do the uninstall If any can help it would really be appreciated Thanks nbsp >Firefox Adobe crash? >skype Flash

Relevancy 51.17%

Hey guys hope you can help me here.
When i'm at any kind of voice overs, in a call on skype or teamspeak it manages to happen a sound crash, but the time isnt certain, sometimes it takes about 10 minutes and other times take 1 hour or more to crash.
When the sound crashes, all the videos freeze. Its like watching a video with super slow motion and no sound.
Only way to solve this is rebooting.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536228/voice-overs-like-skype-crash-sound-and-video-freezes/
Relevancy 50.74%

https://mymdc-my.sharepoint.com/pers...b9db2006&rev=1
^ Dump file

A:What is causing my pc to crash

Looks like your CPU is throwing a cache error in L2 cache. This could be due to a voltage problem. How old is your power supply, and what wattage do you have in there currently as well as GPU?

WHEA record
!errrec ffffe10bc6d18028
===============================================================================
Common Platform Error Record @ ffffe10bc6d18028
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Record Id : 01d237baa33170ae
Severity : Fatal (1)
Length : 928
Creator : Microsoft
Notify Type : Machine Check Exception
Timestamp : 11/6/2016 23:50:45 (UTC)
Flags : 0x00000000
Section 0 : Processor Generic
Descriptor @ ffffe10bc6d180a8
Section @ ffffe10bc6d18180
Offset : 344
Length : 192
Flags : 0x00000001 Primary
Severity : Fatal
Proc. Type : x86/x64
Instr. Set : x64
Error Type : Cache error
Operation : Generic
Flags : 0x00
Level : 2
CPU Version : 0x00000000000306c3
Processor ID : 0x0000000000000000
Section 1 : x86/x64 Processor Specific
Descriptor @ ffffe10bc6d180f0
Section @ ffffe10bc6d18240
Offset : 536
Length : 128
Local APIC Id : 0x0000000000000000
CPU Id : c3 06 03 00 00 08 10 00 - bf fb fa 7f ff fb eb bf
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Proc. Info 0 @ ffffe10bc6d18240
Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA
Descriptor @ ffffe10bc6d18138
Section @ ffffe10bc6d182c0
Offset : 664
Length : 264
Error : GCACHEL2_ERR_ERR (Proc 0 Bank 5)
Address : 0x0000000043f9c1c0
Misc. : 0x000001d082000086

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/69120-what-causing-my-pc-crash.html
Relevancy 50.74%

In October I purchased a SAMSUNG SD- T DVD-ROM from Dell to install in my Dell crash DVD causing Dimension OS Windows ME The driver they sent is CyberLink PowerDVD version On the software CD it states that it supports operating DVD causing crash systems Windows XP and Windows SP Dell has told me that it also supports Windows ME The DVD drive will run text files picture files and audio files It was even running the sound and video loop but as soon as I try to start a movie or run an interactive DVD it gives me a blue screen with the error message Error OE B FFFF strike any key to continue Striking a key brings you back to the desktop but the DVD won t eject for several minutes If you wait that long another error message shows up Error OE C C E strike any key to continue After you strike a key the DVD will now eject Whether or not you wait for the second error message the computer will not operate properly after the first one The computer will not shut down without ctrl alt delete ctrl alt delete When it reboots the computer brings up a white Active Desktop Recovery screen The computer still doesn t always seem to operate properly until it is shut off and restarted I know it s not the DVD drive or the hard drive because Dell replaced both they thought something was wrong with them and it still doesn t work Please help nbsp

A:DVD causing crash

Hi Sparki in AK,

Try checking the web for the latest drivers for the DVD drive. Also check with the software vendor to see if there program is really compatible with Windows ME. Also how much memory does your video card have? and check how much virtual memory you have available. Just to give you an idea, to play DVD movies on my current machine i had to increase my video card memory in the BIOS to 32mb, because when it was set to 16mb it jumped!

Regards
khayman

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-causing-crash.122498/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have done numerous searches here on the board ram. me need to I causing help my with Its crash but it brings up the same posts which arent helpful when it comes to my problem I recently built a new computer Here are the specs I need help with my ram. Its causing me to crash from dmark CPU AMD Athlon tm Processor Manufacturer AMD Family AMD Athlon tm Processor Architecture -bit Internal I need help with my ram. Its causing me to crash Clock GHz Internal Clock Maximum GHz External Clock MHz Socket Designation Socket HyperThreadingTechnology N A Capabilities MMX I need help with my ram. Its causing me to crash CMov RDTSC DNow Extended DNow SSE SSE PAE NX Version AMD Athlon tm Processor Caches Level KB Level KB I bought DDR ram sticks x gig each for a total of gigs duel channel heres the stats on it TWINX - PRO DDR- PC- - - - My computer is not stable at mhz when I set the ram to that manually When I set it to automatic in the bios it will set it to mhz At mhz when I set it manually it is still stable and dont crash When I set it at mhz I will crash after mins of gameplay its random - mins most often Heres my memory info from dmark Memory Info Total Physical Memory GB Free Physical Memory GB Total Pagefile Memory GB Free Pagefile Memory GB -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Memory Array Max Module Capacity MB Location System Board Use System Supported Speeds Supported Types Supported Voltages Memory Slot Installed Enabled Size GB Form Factor DIMM Frequency MHz Slot A Bank Manufacturer None Type Details Enabled Size GB Total Bit Width b Data Bit Width b Memory Slot Installed Enabled Size B Form Factor DIMM Frequency Hz Slot A Bank Manufacturer None Type Details Enabled Size B Total Bit Width b Data Bit Width b Memory Slot Installed Enabled Size GB Form Factor DIMM Frequency MHz Slot A Bank Manufacturer None Type Details Enabled Size GB Total Bit Width b Data Bit Width b Memory Slot Installed Enabled Size B Form Factor DIMM Frequency Hz Slot A Bank Manufacturer None Type Details Enabled Size B Total Bit Width b Data Bit Width b Heres my motherboard info Supported Slot Types ISA PCI Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer INC Model A N-SLI DELUXE Version XX BIOS Vendor Phoenix Technologies LTD BIOS Version ASUS A N-SLI DELUXE ACPI BIOS Revision BIOS Release Date BIOS Properties Plug and Play Flash Someone please help I have been crashing forever and have been trying any way to figure it out I am positive it is my ram causing it and nothing else Isnt ddr suppose to equal mhz Im a newb when it comes to the bios I notice a performance increase when its at mhz I can play some games without lagging if i put it back down at i cannot play the games at that level nbsp

A:I need help with my ram. Its causing me to crash

i dont think pc3200 is supossed to run @ 400mhtz
migh also be the mobo
whats the systems bus?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-help-with-my-ram-its-causing-me-to-crash.33761/
Relevancy 50.74%

Fresh from iOS' embarrassing Messages bug that could crash iPhones with a random string of text, a similar flaw is hitting Skype across platforms. Specifically, sending a message containing only "http://:" sends the app into an endless crash loop in...

Read more

A:This simple message sends Skype into an endless crash loop, update out now

Every system has this. Just hasn't been discovered yet on the others.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/this-simple-message-sends-skype-into-an-endless-crash-loop-update-out-now.213661/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have an XP sp2 install. For some reason, I occasionally get 99 cpu usage, randomly, in one of the apps Im running.

When I terminate that app, the 99 cpu usage, moves to another app. The computer has to be restarted.

Is there some reliable way to find out WHAT is causing this to happen?

I don't think this is a virus issue. I have had this trouble before and reinstalling logitech setpoint or Nvidia video drivers seems to have cured it. Hard to say.

A:How to determine what is causing a crash

I don't think this is a virus issue.Click to expand...

When trouble shooting a problem it's important to 'know' not think or assume.

I would hit a few of the various online AV/spyware scan sites first, to make sure it's not an infection of some sort.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-determine-what-is-causing-a-crash.495476/
Relevancy 50.31%

I just got a Gigabyte GA-8IK1100 and installed 2 X 512MB PC3200 running Dual Channel on it. After a little bit, running programs that use a lot of ram, the programs crash. But when I only have 1 chip in, it never crashes. I have ran many RAM testers on my system and it only has errors when 2 chips are in. I'm not sure what the problem is, is it the MB, or is it the RAM, and what can i do to fix it. Thanks.

A:RAM Causing programs to crash

Welcome to TechSpot

Are they a matched pair of memory chips?
From reviews elsewhere, the Corsair PC3200 memory works flawless.
If you have a no-name chip, that might cause the problem.

If you use one stick at the time, do both sticks work OK?
You have so many memory slots, perhaps try another pair?

Go to www.memtest.org and download memtest. Run that for a few hours to find any memory faults.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-causing-programs-to-crash.16691/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi is there any way to crash 12V causing setting reduce the V setting in the bios Whenever i start doing anything on the pc the V seting which starts out at starts to raise goes to and the PC crashes this is what happens V - gt to V AMD Athlon XP retail Kingston Memory - Value RAM MB MHz DDR PC DIMM CL ASUS A N X-E Deluxe motherboard PVT FND GEFORCE FX Ultra MB DDRII DUAL DVI amp VIVO Win XP professional Gb The ASUS probe program trips when the V item goes to V or 12V setting causing crash V if it stays at that level too long it reboots is there any way to get this value to stay down at V or V should i change the VCORE setting in the Bios further information CPU external frequency MHz CPU frequency multiple x VCORE V auto CPU interface optimal System perfomance optimal Memory frequency auto Memory timing optimal FSB spectrum AGP spread spectrum disabled Graphics aperture size Mb AGP frequency auto i did not set these values myself they were auto detected the asus probe setting for the vcore is at V in the BIOS and the asus probe monitor thanks in advance for any help nbsp

A:12V setting causing crash

tried two other psu's. on from an older machine caused the 12 V to go to 13.5V, the oter was newer and the voltage wasa still 13.056 raining to 13.3 V. sysem rebooted at this value. also tried a different graphics card but got same voltage. temp is around 54oC when system reboots itself.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/12v-setting-causing-crash.14672/
Relevancy 50.31%

Below is posted the HJT log please help me out here so I can get my AIM up and running again Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe causing to crash... Programs AIM C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT Programs causing AIM to crash... System nvsvc exe C WINNT system ntew exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT system stisvc exe C WINNT system tlntsvr exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Adaptec Shared CreateCD CreateCD exe C Program Programs causing AIM to crash... Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C WINNT loadqm exe C WINNT VOLUME TSC EXE C WINNT system d lh exe C WINNT System bfbyari exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB Programs causing AIM to crash... realsched exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Documents and Settings katie Application Data scsp exe C WINNT System oolsv exe C PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER Media Player exe C WINNT SYSTEM NOTEPADm exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YPager exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings katie Desktop katie HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C WINNT system pxhfq dll sp html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www heretofind com show php id amp q s R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page mkMSITStore C spe start chm start html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL res C WINNT system pxhfq dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C WINNT system pxhfq dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www heretofind com show php id amp q s R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page mkMSITStore C spe start chm start html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant res C WINNT system pxhfq dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant res C WINNT system pxhfq dll sp html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page bak http www yahoo com R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO twaintecObj Class - DD-C E- -AF -DD C C - C WINNT twaintec dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - F - A - AF-A A- CAA CAC - C WINNT addqs dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINNT System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run CreateCD quot C Program Files Common Files Adaptec Shared CreateCD CreateCD exe quot -r O - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD quot C Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe quot O - HKLM Run LoadQM loadqm exe O - HKLM Run C WINNT VOLUME TSC EXE O - HKLM Run d lh exe C WINNT system d lh exe O - HKLM Run izpkyzejftc C WINNT System bfbyari exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run WildTangent CDA RUNDLL exe quot C Program Files WildTangent Apps CDA cdaEngine dll quot cdaEngineMain O - HKLM Run Winad Client C Program Files Winad Client Winad exe O - HKLM Run WebR... Read more

A:Programs causing AIM to crash...

Please do this. Click here http://forums.techguy.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=38105 to download getservice.zip and unzip it to your desktop. Open the Getservice folder and click on the getservice.bat file. A notepad will open up with a long list of services. Please save that notepad file and attach it to your next reply to this thread. It will be easier to attach it rather than copy and paste because it will be too long to paste in one post.

After you post the next Hijack This log and the getservice list, it is very important that you do not restart your computer or attempt to do anything to remove this until I have posted the removal directions because the files and the entries in HJT will change and we will have to start all over again. It would be best that you do nothing at all with the computer until you get the directions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/programs-causing-aim-to-crash.282893/
Relevancy 50.31%

hi guys whenever I try to open a link to a file say http www newtrecords co uk may-lyn thday exe I get the 'Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close ' screen could anybody please shed some causing url.exe following to iExplorer crash light on why this is happening please cheers ------------------- here is the error info AppName iexplore exe AppVer ModName unknown ModVer Offset ce other info lt xml version quot quot encoding quot UTF- quot gt lt DATABASE gt lt EXE NAME quot IEXPLORE EXE quot FILTER quot GRABMI FILTER PRIVACY quot gt lt MATCHING FILE NAME quot custsat dll quot SIZE quot quot CHECKSUM quot xA E EC quot BIN FILE VERSION quot quot BIN PRODUCT following url.exe causing iExplorer to crash VERSION quot quot PRODUCT VERSION quot quot FILE DESCRIPTION quot custsat quot COMPANY NAME quot Microsoft Corporation quot PRODUCT NAME quot Microsoft Windows Operating System quot FILE VERSION quot srv sp qfe - quot ORIGINAL FILENAME quot custsat dll quot INTERNAL NAME quot custsat quot LEGAL COPYRIGHT quot Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved quot VERFILEDATEHI quot x quot VERFILEDATELO quot x quot VERFILEOS quot x quot VERFILETYPE quot x quot MODULE TYPE quot WIN quot PE CHECKSUM quot x C E quot LINKER VERSION quot x quot UPTO BIN FILE VERSION quot quot UPTO BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot LINK DATE quot quot UPTO LINK DATE quot quot VER LANGUAGE quot English United States x quot gt lt MATCHING FILE NAME quot ExtExport exe quot SIZE quot quot CHECKSUM quot xA C BB quot BIN FILE VERSION quot quot BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot PRODUCT VERSION quot quot FILE DESCRIPTION quot Internet Explorer ImpExp FF exporter quot COMPANY NAME quot Microsoft Corporation quot PRODUCT NAME quot Windows Internet Explorer quot FILE VERSION quot longhorn ie rc wmbla - quot ORIGINAL FILENAME quot extexport exe quot INTERNAL NAME quot extexport quot LEGAL COPYRIGHT quot Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved quot VERFILEDATEHI quot x quot VERFILEDATELO quot x quot VERFILEOS quot x quot VERFILETYPE quot x quot MODULE TYPE quot WIN quot PE CHECKSUM quot x F quot LINKER VERSION quot x quot UPTO BIN FILE VERSION quot quot UPTO BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot LINK DATE quot quot UPTO LINK DATE quot quot VER LANGUAGE quot English United States x quot gt lt MATCHING FILE NAME quot hmmapi dll quot SIZE quot quot CHECKSUM quot x B C quot BIN FILE VERSION quot quot BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot PRODUCT VERSION quot quot FILE DESCRIPTION quot Microsoft HTTP Mail Simple MAPI quot COMPANY NAME quot Microsoft Corporation quot PRODUCT NAME quot Windows Internet Explorer quot FILE VERSION quot longhorn ie rc wmbla - quot ORIGINAL FILENAME quot HMMAPI DLL quot INTERNAL NAME quot HMMAPI quot LEGAL COPYRIGHT quot Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved quot VERFILEDATEHI quot x quot VERFILEDATELO quot x quot VERFILEOS quot x quot VERFILETYPE quot x quot MODULE TYPE quot WIN quot PE CHECKSUM quot x F A quot LINKER VERSION quot x quot UPTO BIN FILE VERSION quot quot UPTO BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot LINK DATE quot quot UPTO LINK DATE quot quot VER LANGUAGE quot English United States x quot gt lt MATCHING FILE NAME quot iecompat dll quot SIZE quot quot CHECKSUM quot x C C quot BIN FILE VERSION quot quot BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot PRODUCT VERSION quot quot FILE DESCRIPTION quot Internet Explorer Compatibility Data quot COMPANY NAME quot Microsoft Corporation quot PRODUCT NAME quot Windows Internet Explorer quot FILE VERSION quot longhorn ie rc gdr - quot ORIGINAL FILENAME quot iecompat dll quot INTERNAL NAME quot iecompat quot LEGAL COPYRIGHT quot Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved quot VERFILEDATEHI quot x quot VERFILEDATELO quot x quot VERFILEOS quot x quot VERFILETYPE quot x quot MODULE TYPE quot WIN quot PE CHECKSUM quot x C quot LINKER VERSION quot x quot UPTO BIN FILE VERSION quot quot UPTO BIN PRODUCT VERSION quot quot LINK DATE quot quot UPTO LINK DATE quot quot VER LANGUAGE quot English United States x quot gt lt MATCHING FILE N... Read more

A:following url.exe causing iExplorer to crash

go back to ie7 and see what happens

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/following-url-exe-causing-iexplorer-to-crash-345408.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi was sondering if anyone can help me causing crash! help! Spyware Please I run Ad Aware and have a shocking amount of spyware where it has come from I don t know I get AdAware to remove it all but it cause problems with my computer After removing them I can not display web pages I restart and I get an error message saying something about C run error in regards to BT Broadband help cant log onto the net trying to freezes my computer and System Restore fails to work properly I have to restart my computer and boot it using the last known good settings THEN run Spyware causing crash! Please help! system restore to get it working again I have run Hijack This Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgserv exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS System GSICON EXE C WINDOWS System dslagent exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C WINDOWS System RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zonealarm exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C Program Files BT Broadband Help bin mpbtn exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Documents and Settings Home User Desktop hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www tesco net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C WINDOWS System blank htm O - BHO no name - CC-E FF- F C-BC -DBEF B BC - C WINDOWS ipinsigt dll O - BHO no name - -C - D - C- AD ACF - C WINDOWS MSView DLL O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - BE B-E DE- A- - AFE DE E - C WINDOWS bs dll O - BHO no name - A AACF -ADF - D - A - E B E - C Program Files NewDotNet newdotnet dll O - BHO no name - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run GSICONEXE GSICON EXE O - HKLM Run DSLAGENTEXE dslagent exe USB O - HKLM Run RemHelp remhelp exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run P P Networking C WINDOWS System P P Networking P P Networking exe AUTOSTART O - HKLM Run AVG CC C Program Files Grisoft AVG avgcc exe startup O - HKLM Run BookedSpace RunDLL EXE C WINDOWS bs dll DllRun O - HKLM Run Sentry C WINDOWS Sentry exe O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKCU Run NVIEW rundll exe nview dll nViewLoadHook O - HKCU Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NVMCTRAY DLL NvTaskbarInit O - Startup BT Broadband lnk C Documents and Settings All Users Desktop BT Broadband exe O - Global Startup BT Broadband Help lnk C Program Files BT Broadband Help bin matcli exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Global Startup ZoneAlarm lnk C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zonealarm exe O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item Backward amp Links - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks html O - Extra context menu item Cac amp hed Snapshot of Page - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache html O - Extra context menu item Ebates - file C Program Files EbatesMoeMoneyMaker System Temp ebates script htm O - Extra context menu item Si amp milar Pages - res C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll cmsimilar html O - Ext... Read more

Relevancy 50.31%

I have W7 RTM. I just finished running Windows Updates and said it needed a restart to complete the process. After I restarted it its operating as if I have no admin rights and can't open any applications. I've tired a system restore, but it will not work. It says it requires admin rights. I also tired it in safe mode and got that the message that there was no environment to run it in. Anyone had any problems like this?

A:Updates causing crash?

See Brinks tutorial on enabling the hidden administrators account --==> HERE
Then do a system restore... Hope this helps..

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/24420-updates-causing-crash.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I recently installed a second hdd(sata2), which seemed to work fine. however, the next day when i turned on the pc, i kept getting a blank screen after the loading screen.
Ive tried running in safemode, it stalls at crcdisk.sys.
After 2 failed startup repairs with the OS disk, i tried taking out my new hdd before the next restart and it suddenly worked again.
(when i put the hdd back in, i get the problem again)
i have vista home basic 32bit.
any ideas?
thx

A:hdd causing crash at startup

Hi,

Welcome To TSG.

Have you set the jumpers correctly. I know some SATA drives have them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hdd-causing-crash-at-startup.674980/
Relevancy 50.31%

My PC is HP model m7357c. OS is windows xp svpk 3. I recently put in a new video card: PNY Nvidia GeForce 210 Graphics card. Every time I go to Picasa the system crashes when I do a "slide show" or try to edit simething. Do I need to try another video card? I understand this has been pretty common. Anyone have a solution?

A:Picasa 3 Causing XP to crash

Have you tried updating the video drivers? Does the system crash when you use any other graphic-related programs?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/picasa-3-causing-xp-to-crash.1065056/
Relevancy 50.31%

I recently bought a new GPU because I thought my GPU was causing crashes while playing. Then I ran WInCrashReport and it told me that ntoskrnl.exe is causing my PC to crash and I do not know how to fix it

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/68810-ntoskrnl-exe-causing-my-pc-crash.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Every now and then my computer decides to completely freeze so badly that I have to force reset it. In event viewer I don't get any sort of report other than that force shut down. These freezes seemed to only happen when I was browsing a lot on Google Chrome, but just recently it froze just after starting up.

Version of Google Chrome: 34.0.1847.116 m
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit SP1

A:Something is causing my computer to crash.

1. Download Temporary File Cleaner from here.

2. Make sure that you Save As... the file to your desktop.

3. Make sure to close out all opened programs!
TFC will close all open program's to run, be sure to save any work!
4. Double Click on the TFC.exe file that is saved to your desktop.

5. Windows will ask to either Run or Cancel the program. Click on Run.

6. Once TFC has opened, click the Start button.

7. Allow TFC to run uninterrupted.

8. Your desktop icons and other programs may disappear during this process. That is normal.

9. After TFC has finished it should automatically reboot the PC.

10. If it does not reboot, reboot manually.

11. It is normal that after running TFC that the PC will be slower to boot for the first time.

12. Please report the RED number that is shown at the end of the test.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/something-is-causing-my-computer-to-crash-827658.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Opening http://uk.yahoo.com/ causes my Internet Explorer to occasionally report an error and close down.

This doesn't happen every time and no other websites have an issue

Have installed Java, disabled ActiveX and removed a Yahoo companion from my programs...

Anyone have any ideas please??

A:Yahoo causing IE Crash

Hi ncp,

Knowing the error message may help.

Control panel>administrative tools>event viewer>select “system” in left panel.

In right panel will be a list of events. Highlight the appropriate error (will probably have it’s source listed as browser), rite click, select properties. The error will be described. Please post the error description and event ID number

If that doesn’t produce a result, select “Application” in left panel and try again

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/yahoo-causing-ie-crash-91056.html
Relevancy 50.31%

well? I will be playing oblivion and suddenly the game stop, black screen, then a message comes up saying that the system is trying to find the problem. It never says what caused the crash. I have asus m2n-sli deluxe, amd athelon 64 X2 3.2hz, xfx geforce 9800 gt, 2 gb of ddr2 crucial. Is there away to figure out what causes this? I have recently installed vista and a hdmi-dvi cable to my lcd.Previously had windows xp when installed new card, board, proc, mem, powersupply had no audio so had to get a real copy. Fixed the no audio problem. I am going to try to change back to analog and see if maybe this helps. It usually plays good for about 2 2.5 hrs then crash. Anyone have any ideas of anything I could do to start diagnosing this error?

A:how to pinpoint what is causing a crash?

Hi BRADDLEGG. . .

Welcome to the Tech Support Forum - Vista Support!

I would suggest that you check the Event Viewer for additional detail on this error.
START | type eventvwr.exe into the Start Search box | select Event Viewer up top | when Event Viewer comes up, select Administrative Events towards the top left of your screen

Also check Problem Reports and Solutions -
START | type wercon.exe into the Start Search box | select Problems Reports and Solutions up top

Good Luck to you.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/how-to-pinpoint-what-is-causing-a-crash-246692.html
Relevancy 50.31%

i just got a new comp, and first thing i did was to download the SP2 patch for it but all it did was make my computer not start up and restart before windows loaded, any one know whats causing this?

sebastian

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

low cost internet service providers

A:xp sp2 crash causing restart

see what you get in safe mode

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-sp2-crash-causing-restart-63841.html
Relevancy 50.31%

In October I purchased a SAMSUNG SD- T DVD-ROM from Dell to install in my Dell Dimension OS Windows ME The driver they sent is CyberLink PowerDVD version On the software CD it states that it supports operating systems Windows XP and Windows SP Dell has told me that it also supports Windows ME The DVD drive will run text files picture files and audio files It was even running the sound and video loop but as soon as I try to Samsung causing crash DVD start a movie or run an interactive DVD it gives me a blue screen with the error message Error OE B FFFF strike any key to continue Striking a key brings you back to the desktop but the DVD won t eject for several minutes Samsung DVD causing crash If you wait that long another error message shows up Error OE C C E strike any key to continue After you strike a key the DVD will now eject Whether or not you wait for the second error message the computer will not operate properly after the first one The computer will not shut down without ctrl alt delete ctrl alt delete When it reboots the computer brings up a white Active Desktop Recovery screen The computer still doesn t always seem to operate properly until it is shut off and restarted I know it s not the DVD drive or the hard drive because Dell replaced both they thought something was wrong with them and it still doesn t work Please help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-dvd-causing-crash.119832/
Relevancy 50.31%

Has anyone ever that they can recall had Firefox crash their computer after they downloaded crash? causing Firefox it I downloaded it on Sunday a couple weeks back and then Tuesday had two unexpected shutdowns of Windows Saturday it Firefox causing crash? quit on me for good My cousin who's the computer geek of the family got it working again by wiping out my hard Firefox causing crash? drive I'm hoping it wasn't Firefox as it ran fine for the first two days without a problem I did get a rogue security software popup that Friday and though I desperately tried to keep it from installing and ran a ton of scans I suppose they could have missed something The Dell diagnostic turned up a hard drive error Firefox wouldn't cause a hard drive error I don't think But I'm not sure I also got Spyware Blaster around that same time and one of the other good free Spyware programs but the name is eluding me at the moment dangit So really I don't know why I singled out Firefox sigh I'm just a nervous type I do kind of panic easily but I don't want to repeat the same mistake and crash my PC again I have a Dell Dimension laptop Windows Vista service pack

A:Firefox causing crash?

I would advise to post the problem over A.I.I and see the result as you said that you had few rogue security software pop up.Dont panic. It can we be solved

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/290486/firefox-causing-crash/
Relevancy 50.31%

I posted this in the video forum but there's been no replies, so maybe someone will see it in here...

My computer has a tendency to crash when I play a video.. Some work, sometimes the same file will work for a few minutes or sometimes for a few seconds, it happens with AVIs, WMVs, MPGs... I've tried various players but the same thing happens. It causes the monitor to go blank and say 'no input' and the sound sticks, and the only solution is resetting. On occasion it'll happen with an MP3 but this is rare.

I think it's a codec problem, but after running some codec programs I can't see any issues. Any help would be very much appreciated..

A:Media causing pc crash

Hello Hurri!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hurri

I posted this in the video forum but there's been no replies, so maybe someone will see it in here...

My computer has a tendency to crash when I play a video.. Some work, sometimes the same file will work for a few minutes or sometimes for a few seconds, it happens with AVIs, WMVs, MPGs... I've tried various players but the same thing happens. It causes the monitor to go blank and say 'no input' and the sound sticks, and the only solution is resetting. On occasion it'll happen with an MP3 but this is rare.

I think it's a codec problem, but after running some codec programs I can't see any issues. Any help would be very much appreciated..

In the first place I would get rid of things that obviously don't work.

Second I would download and install "Zoom Player Standard" (more info on this page to see whether that cures the problem.

Please let us know how things continued from here...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/media-causing-pc-crash-180487.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I am currently having an issue which I thought related to WOW but now it happens all the time Problem one is the system crashes screen goes black I get quot no signal quot on the monitor but all the fans and everything are still running on the system and the system doesn t reboot I have to switch it off to get it started again Second problem is whilst playing games and now even when opening the browser the to crash Everything is my causing computer screen goes multi coloured I can still see the original game or browser I have open but can t read a thing on it I am currently running an Athlon x ghz with gig of ram and a Nvidia geforce gt I am running Vista Is my system telling me the video card is shot or is there another issue with it I have updated the drivers to no avail I thought the system might be overheating but Everything is causing my computer to crash its now running with the side off the case and there is good airflow so I Everything is causing my computer to crash dont think it is overheating Right now the computer will only run for minutes last crash occurred whilst the control panel screen was open nbsp

A:Everything is causing my computer to crash

Check RAM compatability.

Have you been running this setup for long?
Have you tweaked BIOS settings?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/everything-is-causing-my-computer-to-crash.124149/
Relevancy 50.31%

I think it may be my GPU; Asus GTX 280.

Sometimes after I login into my user the screen goes weird (2 tone red and black, looks pixelated too). I will try to take a pic of it when it next happens and upload it. when this happens i just reboot and hope it works properly, most of the time it does.
this also happens seemingly at random during games i play (mount and blade warband atm).

specs:
cpu: intel quad q6700
gpu: asus gtx 280
Hard drive: WD caviar black 750 gig
psu: corsair 750
mobo: p5nesli

is my gpu dying?

A:I crash, dunno what's causing it

Hello !!

Follow this article Run Selective Startup using System Configuration and reboot in Selective Startup and see if that fixes your problem.

Hope this helps,
Captain

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/90818-i-crash-dunno-whats-causing.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello, My computer crashes when I play my game. I play World of Tanks. It never happens when Im in the garage, just when Im in battle. The screen turns off and says ''VGA Input: No Signal''. Its really annoying at this point.
I have set the computer back to Factory Settings, mainly due to other issues and I have also done the System Restore

My computer is a, Windows 7, Acer, Intel Core i5.

Please help :/

Anything else you would need to know, I would gladly find out

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,
I have had a problem since updating to v3.5 with Firefox crashing. The add-ons I use are Ad-Block Plus, NoScripts and WOT. I have eliminated them as the problem. I hit on what I believe to be the reason when after clearing my cookies and cache in Firefox I would have no crashes. I mainly use the internet for a few discussion forums where I am a member so it was easy to control my cookies. I started to check the list of cookies regularly and found that as soon as the webtrends entry appeared Firefox would begin to crash intermittently. It is not attached to my regular visited sites where I could block it with NoScripts but seems to appear after doing a search on Google and clicking on some of the found addresses. Is there a way to completely block this cookie from my PC?.

A:m.webtrends.com causing Firefox to crash. Help.

You could try to block cookies from that site:
FireFox Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> Exceptions -> Add URL of that site

See if this solves the problem already

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/241714/mwebtrendscom-causing-firefox-to-crash-help/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi I made a post a couple of days ago about buying a new graphics card I decided on the BFG GTX MB So I went ahead and bought one So I plug it in and everythings cool put the system on start up dmark So it gets to the quot deep freeze quot part and then my monitor says quot no signal quot and goes off my computer then freezes so I reboot and do it again same thing happens at the same time in dmark So I unplug the card plug it back in and repeat This time it gets through dmark ok So I run fallout on max settings game crashes almost immediately with the same problem as what system crash causing GTX260 happened in d mark So I try and unplug the card again and plug it back in fallout just crashes again Same as before Next I check all my temperatures and everything is in the green My other system components are as follows Motherboard Biostar P M RAM GB DDR Corsair Value Select Processor Q Ghz PSU OCZ StealthXtreme W Iam running Windows XP Professional bit My system runs fine using a GTS MB Previous Card I have had very similar problems in the past with another graphics card on a different machine and it turned out the graphics card was faulty replacing the card solved the problem I am just wondering in this case if A Do I have a sufficient PSU B Anyone else GTX260 causing system crash had a similar problem or know how to get around this without having to replace the GPU Thanks in advance nbsp

A:GTX260 causing system crash

Make sure you are using the latest driver from the manufacturer's web site. Reload it and see if the crashing happens again. if it does, we'll take it from there.

Best,
-- Andy

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gtx260-causing-system-crash.115001/
Relevancy 49.45%

Picasa causing System crash I have used Picasa for about two years to store and print my digital photos I find it an easy program to use with some great tools for updating the photo images Just recently everytime I tried to use this program the system would crash blue screen of death displaying briefly a kernel IO error After rebooting the system Windows displays the error as a device driver problem pointing to NV disp which is my video display driver I also lost my active desktop which would also not reload on restart due to a script error updated reinstalled display driver to no effect i also updated picasa to latest version also to no effect ie same error occurs Picasa crashes when it updates thumbnails lt which it does automatically id love to know how to turn this unwanted feature off gt and encounters a wmv file so far on every restart and subsequent activation of picasa it auto updates thumbnails grrrr and after encountering and getting stuck on updating any random wmv file it crashes the system it never used to have issues with this file type one wonders why causing picasa pls help crash- system now no new software installed since this error begins to occur so i cant find associations any ideas on how to resolve this nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/picasa-causing-system-crash-pls-help.1021707/
Relevancy 49.45%

I don't know what to call this if it is a virus Maybe someone here will know I'm new here I'll just post what's going on followed Not Run! Browsers To And To Something's Crash Causing Scanners by my HJT log and maybe someone can figure it out I have Something's Causing Browsers To Crash And Scanners Not To Run! been having a problem for a bit now with my IE crashing - actually it's that darned message that says a problem was found and it will have to close It does that a LOT Firefox doesn't really have the same problem but it does seem to be using a ton of memory and often stalls We're talking in the - K range and above Also in my Windows Task Manager under performance I typically run about MB more than my physical memory shows Don't know what's up with that I'm running quite a few processes but not a huge amount First I went to the Process Library website at http www processlibrary com directory files csrss and looked up a few processes that were running I compared them to those at http www sysinfo org startuplist php filter wuauclt and found a lot of different information Found a link that was recommended for the program to give more detailed information Downloaded it and it works but can't really get much information out of it Maybe someone here can help with that It's called Security Task Manager My question is - if names overlap and can be only determined by the file location whether it's a virus trojan or whatever what's the best way or program to use to figure out if the process running should be kept running or not I also downloaded the trial version of Uniblue's Registry Booster to fix any registry errors It found about but only fixed Any suggestions on a trial or freeware that will actually fix all the errors and won't screw up my system in the process I still don't know what's causing my IE to crash and my firefox to overrun on memory Or why I can't even run the Uniblue process scanner from the net That's a big mystery right there -- it keeps crashing Like I said I have several processes running now but I don't know what to kill Is there a list somewhere of the perfect streamlined taskmanager With what should and should not be running for an optimized system Or a program that will determine that for you Please help Here's my HJT log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exeC WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor svcntaux exeC Program Files BigFix BigFix exeC Program Files Google Google Updater GoogleUpdater exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS wanmpsvc exeC WINDOWS System alg exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Windows NT Accessories wordpad exeC WINDOWS system taskmgr exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Security Task Manager taskman exeC Program Files Uniblue RegistryBooster RegistryBooster exeC Program Files Hijackthis Doug exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www emachines comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http my juno com s sp r al amp cf sp amp amp O I amp UT R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - URLSearchHook URLSearchHook Clas... Read more

A:Something's Causing Browsers To Crash And Scanners Not To Run!

Hello Spookie,

Welcome to Bleeping Computer

Sorry about the delay. If you still need help, please post a new HijackThis log to make sure nothing has changed, and I'll be happy to look at it for you.

Thanks,
tea

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/97228/somethings-causing-browsers-to-crash-and-scanners-not-to-run/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi there I have Windows XP and my computer is being bombarded with viruses My old firewall was called Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security Pro but I had to uninstall that to run a video game Stupid I know but I take good care of my computer and didn t think that I absolutely needed the firewall A few days ago I clicked on a bad link and a virus got onto my computer I quarantied it with Avast antivirus and everything was fine The next day however the virus multiplied Eventually To Causing Computer Viruses Crash my computer was infected with so many viruses that my computer had to restart itself When it restarted itself though it would just be bombarded with the same viruses and restart itself Viruses Causing Computer To Crash again This happened every time I turned on my computer Now every time I try to turn my Viruses Causing Computer To Crash computer on the blue screen of death appears In safe mode I tried to restore my computer to a previous date a month before the virus infected my computer The system restore screen came up and my computer fully loaded However when it went to restart itself the Windows logo appeared and then the blue screen of death came up Please help me I have no idea what to do now My computer cost thousands and I can t lose some of the stuff I have on there D

A:Viruses Causing Computer To Crash

Option 1:
Run windows as a repair disk and then perform an emergencey clean while disconnected from the internet, you will need to disable Avast during the cleanup, malware can mess up your computer, but nothing gets it worse than an antivirus in a fight to the death with malware. Once the malware gets thru, resident protection does more harm than good, as you can see in your case.

Option 2:
Remove the hard drive and try to recover data with another computer

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/157096/viruses-causing-computer-to-crash/
Relevancy 49.45%

Trying to copy Music CD from my other CD Drive
Having had problems with Real Audio causing crash of Roxio I
uninstalled Real Audio and downloaded most recent version today Real
One Build 6.0.10.505. Went to burn Music CD. Real Audio recognized that
I have Roxio installed - but when I went to burn CD Roxio would not
load. Turned RA off and attempted to load Easy CD creator with no Real
Audio on still no luck with that What is solution.Even went to RA and turned off auto-start when insertingaudio CD AND EVEN turned off RA as the default app for audio CD's BUT it still pops up when I install an audio CD. Seems to me that Real is REALLY being quite obnoxius and arrogant. Any ideas?
Please advise.
Many thanks,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/realaudio-causing-roxio-to-crash.72286/
Relevancy 49.45%

My Lenovo is running on Windows 8, and it freezes randomly with the times being every month or two. I looked up this problem and it said that it was something to do with after BIOS and all other drivers are updated, the HDD is defective (link here). The person giving the report also said that the problem occurred when she was running Windows 7.
My question is: Would the same effect happen in Windows 8?

A:Update from Windows 8 Causing my PC to Crash?

It would be worth running Lenovo PC Doctor & calling Lenovo support with the report.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/24414-update-windows-8-causing-my-pc-crash.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,

I keep getting a system error which causes my pc to crash (system dump screen).

I have attached my hijack this file. I have also attached my minidump file.

Plus also, I am being given this error message (which is sent to MS) when I reboot:

BCCode : 1000007e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : 00000000 BCP3 : A6384B64
BCP4 : A6384860 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

I run Windows XP Media Centre Edition v2002 service pack 3, and have recently changed my security from a subscription McAfee to free AVG.
The only other changes I recently made to my system was adding Google Calendar Synch, but I have since removed this as I found I wouldn't need it.
Please help me to find out what is wrong as it seems to be crashing at least once a day now.
Thank you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-error-causing-crash.903121/
Relevancy 49.45%

Ok im having problem using Mbam Malwarebytes free edition with to crash mbam causing Malware my Sony Vaio Laptop VPCEE FX Windows Home Premium sp bits The first time i installed mbam it runs perfectly and what happened Malware causing mbam to crash in the next day is i downloaded some application called quot My Lockbox quot v with KeyGen and after clicking the keygen my computer starts run slow and start crashing windows hang cant open anything cursor is loading and able to move After that i found out that mbam is causing my computer to hang because i run Clean boot everything works fine but when i enabled mbam in startup and services my computer is starting to hang again I was trying to install Superspyware but i cant install it i dont know why however im able to run full scan of my AVASt AV and Mbam both in Safe mode and Normal mode but still nothing found I also tried using rkill mbam full scan but still no malicious item found Also tried using chkdsk r f and sfc scannow but still didn t resolve the problem Later i will post the log file of Rkill and Mbam cause im currently running Combofix sorry for that in my laptop right now im in nd computer I dont know if my laptop has a virus malware or corrupt registry or whatsoever Thanks in advance God Bless

A:Malware causing mbam to crash

ok its already an hour trying to install ComboFix but the installation procedure is not moving its still in ..

"Extract: blah blah
Extract: blah blah
Extract: blah blah
C: blah blah
C: blah blah"

Is this normal? How long does ComboFix takes time to install?

Edit:
Ok i have read this link http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic273628.html and immediately i went to my laptop and stop the combofix from installing. But again the installation procedure seems stuck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/450148/malware-causing-mbam-to-crash/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have toshiba laptop runnign winxp home edition service pack 3

I am trying to install an IOMEGA home media network drive

my computer crashes (blue screen) each time I try to install the s/w from the CD
the blue screen refers to the file QsFsFLtr.sys

I check the iomega website, there are just 1 or 2 mentions of this problem with someone saying that Q----.sys file might be corrupted.

I see very liittle info on internet about this particular file

what should I do?

A:is QsFsFltr.sys causing WinXP to crash?

When doing a Google Search for your issue with QsFsFLtr.sys there seems to be a lot of users making the same complaint about crashes. Have you checked with Iomega Support to see if they have an explanation and possible solution?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/354879/is-qsfsfltrsys-causing-winxp-to-crash/
Relevancy 49.45%

Greetings Guru s Anyone know what s the problem with P P17.dll connecting to causing crash Internet dll and system lockup s This is with a Creative Labs Audigy P17.dll causing crash connecting to Internet SE sound card Crash crash crash Whenever I try to connect to the Internet via dialup modem about seconds into the process just as it s about to connect the dreaded Blue Screen appears and the computer is locked up tighter than Ft Knox gold if there actually be any gold If I launch Auto Runs and uncheck this P dll and reboot then the crash and lockup stops Quite naturally with P dll unchecked I then have no sound Did I try different PCI slots Yep No indications of trouble in Device Manager IRQ conflicts Nope Get the same result on the following computers with Win Xp and Win - AMD Sempron LE- Cooler Master fan Fox Conn MCP SM MA mobo gig of Samsung memory nVidia onboard graphics chip No dedicated graphics card installed Hitachi Deskstar SATA drives Encore NetoDragon dialup modem or US Robotics D or PCI card Realtek onboard sound chip or Audigy SE card Sony DVD drive watt power supply Win Xp SP Comodo Firewall - Intel Pentium Northwood CPU Intel Maryvale mobo D eMV e chipset mb Samsung Rambus memory Leadtek GeForce Ti- w mb onboard mem Encore NetoDragon dialup modem or US Robotics D or PCI card Hitachi old-school EIDE drives TDK - - CD-RW burner Mitsumi floppy drive Enermax Whisper watt P S SoundMax is the default sound driver for the onboard AC sound chip but this was eliminated when reinstalling Win Win SP Comodo Firewall Did I turn off the on-board sound in the BIOS settings Absolutely Even went to the trouble to completely reinstall Win Xp to be sure all traces of the default Realtek drivers were disposed of and this didn t help so it s clearly not a conflict with a previously installed sound driver but there s definitely a conflict of some kind Searching the Net for quot P dll quot simply brings up tons of useless leads that haven t thrown any light on matters And here at this forum all the references to P dll wind up pointing to a quot HiJack This quot log print-out which doesn t do any good whatever P dll is definitely a Creative Labs file Anyone have an idea Surely this has happened to someone else because one can t have sound driver conflicts if one doesn t intall them and a clean install of the OS should have got rid of everything Yet as soon as I run the Audigy driver installer and P dll is active it ll crash every time trying to connect to the Internet Thanks much jack nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/p17-dll-causing-crash-connecting-to-internet.879274/
Relevancy 49.45%

All of a sudden, Google search or side bar links, are causing Firefox to crash.

This happens in Regular or Safe Mode.
When using Yahoo Search, there is no problem, so I know Firefox is working properly.

I updated to Firefox 15 - same problem
When using Chrome, Google search is fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Paul

A:Google Search causing crash

Since nobody replied, I guess nobody had this problem with Firefox 15.

I went back to Firefox 11 and the problem is solved.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/249589-google-search-causing-crash.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a new HP 4620 Officejet and new Dell desktop computer with Windows 7. The printer causes the computer to go to blue screen when it's used. I am being told that this is most likely caused by Intel Chipset 7/C216 needing to be upgraded. I do have this chipset on my system. Is this the likely cause of the crashes? If so, if I upgrade, will this fix the problem? And, is it safe to do this upgrade?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-printer-causing-computer-crash.1087085/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hiya,

I have set up a family tree website within a family tree provider. This website requires Adobe Flash to be downloaded in order to operate properly yet, if I download this programme, the above add-on causes the website to crash and cancel.

Is there anything I can do to rectify this?

Compused

A:Add-on Flash10b.ocx causing website to crash

Please give this a try: use the flash uninstall tool and then reinstall the plugin.

How to uninstall the Adobe Flash Player plug-in and ActiveX control:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_14157

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/add-on-flash10b-ocx-causing-website-to-crash.125777/
Relevancy 49.45%

I recently had WildBlue installed During the install the PC kept restarting when he enabled my Lan connection It finally connected but of course it is crashing now everytime I connect Dial up still works fine I even tried connecting wireless thru a router Again it begins to connect and then I get Solved: Lan causing connection crash a black screen and reboot All firewalls are down Panda Spynomore and RegCure show everything is clean I put in a new Linksys PCI adapter same problem I only had Ram card at the time I put it in the vacant slot It connected one time but began same routine after a restart I bought Solved: Lan connection causing crash a new card and tried in both slots no change After the reboot I would get the report of recovering from a serious error It would Solved: Lan connection causing crash list a mini dump ending with mini - dmp Also a sysdata xml after that on each one I have changed the setting to stop report and removed minidmps It also had this BCCode f BCP BCP BCP BCP OSVer SP Product I found a similar problem solved here back in but doesn t really say what solved the problem In that thread it asked for this info IRQ System timer OK IRQ Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard OK IRQ Intel R DB DBM SMBus Controller - C OK IRQ Communications Port COM OK IRQ Standard floppy disk controller OK IRQ System CMOS real time clock OK IRQ Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System OK IRQ PS Compatible Mouse OK IRQ Numeric data processor OK IRQ Primary IDE Channel OK IRQ Secondary IDE Channel OK IRQ Intel R G GL GE PE GV Graphics Controller OK IRQ Intel R DB DBM USB Universal Host Controller - C OK IRQ Linksys LNE TX v Fast Ethernet Adapter OK IRQ Conexant D K V x DFVc Modem OK IRQ SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio OK IRQ Intel R DB DBM USB Universal Host Controller - C OK IRQ Intel R DB DBM USB Universal Host Controller - C OK IRQ Intel R DB DBM USB Enhanced Host Controller - CD OK It also listed a startup list to uncheck but I do not have most of the items it said to leave checked Here is that thread http forums techguy org hardware on-causes-crash html highlight dell lan crash I have opened the case and cleaned out the dust and blew out the fans as best I could I have left the case open in the event heat was the problem If the IRQ is the conflict I am not familiar with how to change them I was going to run an Microsoft Mem test but this PC does not have a floppy drive I tried another program that required me to put an ISO file on a CD but I could not get it to work This thing just simply would not read the ISO file I have hooked up another PC from a friend and it connect with no problem Sorry to make this so long but would rather start with TMI than not enough Thanks in advance for any guidance Chuck Dell Diminsion Pentium CPU XP Pro nbsp

A:Solved: Lan connection causing crash

I have researched this in several places thru google. I have found a few similar post on other boards but no one has been able to repair. I uninstalled/installed ethernet card and adapter. All drivers updated. I got it to work a few times by disconnecting the power to the modem and when I powered it back up it would connect without rebooting. Even then, the web pages were very slow but downloads were as they should be.

I have removed all non-essentials on the start up. Shut down Panda entirely but no help. I have no other active spyware/malware monitoring programs, windows firewall is off, etc.

Everything works as it should until Lan is enabled and then it immediatly goes to black screen and reboots. If I leave lan enabled, it will just keep rebooting over and over until I unplug the ethernet cord or unplug modem.

If there is anything I can do to provide more detail, I will be glad to do it. Any and all suggestions appreciated.

Chuck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-lan-connection-causing-crash.602034/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi, my computer keeps crashing and it reboots on it's own and a webpage comes up that says "blue screen error caused by a device or driver" and gives a few tips on what to do. I have tried those things but it continues to crash mostly when I am viewing the internet. I think it may be Zone Alarm Pro but not sure is there any way to find out what keeps crashing it? I have done all the scans with Spybot, Kaspersky Antivirus, Zone Alarm, and Hijack this and it's all clean.

A:What driver is causing my computer to crash?

Dear jaguiar,
Quote "
The most common cause of blue screen errors

In reality, the most common cause of blue screen errors is a device driver problem. Outdated, incorrect or corrupt drivers can cause the system to encounter a STOP error, resulting in the BSOD.
So the easiest way to try and fix a blue screen error is to reinstall and update your system’s device drivers. This will ensure that all driver bugs are fixed and that all hardware has the correct driver.
If you know which device caused the error, you can update or reinstall that driver first. The file name in the blue screen of death can help identify the driver. Look for a file with the .SYS extension and search for that file name" Unquote. This is from the link : http://www.pcauthorities.com/pc-errors/how-to-repair-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps! Best wishes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-driver-is-causing-my-computer-to-crash.851404/
Relevancy 49.45%

Windows XP Home Edition Hello I was surfing the web a few days ago clicked on a link and my computer became infected with what I believe is a virus When I noticed the Causing to crash Virus? windows virus or malware I performed a system scan using Norton Anti Virus and it detected threats I don t recall which ones and stated that the threats had been quarantined Virus? Causing windows to crash or disabled and prompted me to restart the computer After restart windows came up for a few seconds then crashed to a blue screen basically saying A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is Virus? Causing windows to crash the first time you ve seen this stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again remove any recently installed software including back-up utilities or disk-intensive applications You may need to use safe mode to remove or disable components It lists a code with this screen that is stop x F x x x x CC C I tried restarting and the same thing occurred When this blue screen appears I have no control on my computer no response it is just stuck on that screen I have to cut the power to turn the computer off I have tried to start the computer in safe mode and it also crashes to a blue screen Again I have and can get no response from the computer at this point There is a code listed with this screen that is stop x B x F B xC x x I can t create a Pseudo HJT report to post I have no idea had to proceed to or how to get my computer to respond at this point Any help will be greatly appreciated I am using my computer at work so I may not be able to respond to advice quickly Thanks again

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/248112/virus-causing-windows-to-crash/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have recently upgraded virtually my entite PC think the only remaining items are the CPU's and the drives so I could jump ship from console to PC gaming and have found that certain games are crashing my PC so far Ghosts TF Outlast have crashed it sporadically - although I seem to have resolved the Ghosts issue by updating my motherboard drivers and one game called Madballs crashed my PC repeatedly till I had to stop playing it before I bonged someone on the head with my keyboard Windows diag description Problem signature PC Games Causing - Crash Certain BSOD Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP BCP FFFFFA E FE F BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the BSOD - Certain Games Causing PC Crash problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Alterego AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xmlr Attached is the log from the self diagnostic tool any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm at my wits end and don't have the spare cash to be going to a shop with it

A:BSOD - Certain Games Causing PC Crash

Since I posted the above Ghosts has crashed twice and TF2 once.....no idea what's going on!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/323774-bsod-certain-games-causing-pc-crash.html
Relevancy 49.45%

On my Asus notebook, around a month ago I inserted an old usb stick I had to see what was on it.  Unfortunately, since that time the machine goes into a blue screen shutdown around twice a week.  The error message is something about a usb driver.

I'd like to just delete all the usb drivers, but don't know which ones to delete, or even if that would really fix the problem.  Any advice would be appreciated.

A:usb driver causing system crash

On my Asus notebook, around a month ago I inserted an old usb stick I had to see what was on it.  Unfortunately, since that time the machine goes into a blue screen shutdown around twice a week.  The error message is something about a usb driver.

I'd like to just delete all the usb drivers, but don't know which ones to delete, or even if that would really fix the problem.  Any advice would be appreciated.
Hi jrun,

Try running System Restore (Start > search for "System Restore") to a restore point before this problem started occuring. That would most likely fix the issue.

Also, if you can give us an STOP error code given in the Blue Screen, that you be helpful as that can help to pinpoint the problem.

Josh

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/560115/usb-driver-causing-system-crash/
Relevancy 49.45%

OK this is confusing the hell out of me About months ago I noticed an issue with changing my desktop graphic I use XP Home in editing desktop I would choose graphic then click apply the system acted as normal paused screen low color then attempted to load graphic but nothing came up Just my screen with the Active Desktop Recovery on it So I restarted and there was the new causing crash graphics Desktop desktop but only for a short period of time when going about regular activity the computer would crash and when I restarted again back to the Active Desktop Recovery Well this has been going on for months I have tried XP preinstalled graphics and graphics from my files and the result Desktop graphics causing crash is the same Anyone have any idea why this is happening and how can I correct it Its not that I need to have a desktop pic but now I want to know quot why quot Desktop graphics causing crash I cant run one lol I have recently design a really great Calvin amp Hobbes desktop theme and would love to use it but Any feedback would be greatly appreciated even if it solutions I have heard over and over again Desktop graphics causing crash ohcheap - Cindy nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-graphics-causing-crash.607307/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi!
Here is the link for the other thread since one of the members asked me to post here!
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/622000/kaspersky-keeps-crashing-windows-10/#entry4055681
As of right now, I have removed kaspersky and norton (using the removal tools) for the time being I am using windows defender.
I get the 'your pc ran into an error and needs to restart'
I did not have crashing issues before when I was on 8.1, did have minor wifi issues (limited connectivity/no networks found)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/622258/kaspersky-causing-my-laptop-to-crash/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi - I am trying to use bookmarking demon Social Bookmarking Software Social Bookmarking Tool It is reported as working (64) causing 7 crash to with Problem a program on windows which I am using but when I run it I always see a message saying that it has stopped working and then that windows is checking for Problem with a program causing 7 (64) to crash a solution This happens each time I try to load it I have tried all the options with running it under the vista xp compatible modes with no luck at all I Problem with a program causing 7 (64) to crash tired to do a system restore but I always get a message saying that something has caused system restore to file and suggests its a virus checker but I have shut everything down when trying to run it but I dont think a restore is an option I have contacted the vendor who is looking into the problem but I dont have much hope as I am the only one who has created it Does anyone have any idea how I might fix this problem or what is causing it

A:Problem with a program causing 7 (64) to crash

Quote: Originally Posted by Strawebrywinter

Hi - I am trying to use bookmarking demon:

Social Bookmarking Software, Social Bookmarking Tool

It is reported as working on windows 7 64 which I am using but when I run it I always see a message saying that it has stopped working and then that windows is checking for a solution. This happens each time I try to load it.

I have tried all the options with running it under the vista/xp compatible modes with no luck at all.

I tired to do a system restore but I always get a message saying that something has caused system restore to file and suggests its a virus checker but I have shut everything down when trying to run it but I dont think a restore is an option. I have contacted the vendor who is looking into the problem but I dont have much hope as I am the only one who has created it.... Does anyone have any idea how I might fix this problem or what is causing it?

What does it say in event viewer (type eventvwr in search) go to the windows log>application tab. look for critical errors (they have red in the left column) that say app hang, app crash, etc. when y ou find them note the event ID and source code and let us know what they are
Let us know if you need help
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/69804-problem-program-causing-7-64-crash.html
Relevancy 49.45%

IE keeps crashing with an error from Flash player. I've unistalled and reinstalled it a bunch of times and it keeps happening. Seems to be when I'm playing the flash games on Facebook. I can try and get a screen cap next time it happens if that would help. Thanks in advance!

A:Flash player keeps causing IE to crash

IF you are using windows vista 64 bit OS on the computer it will do that since windows vista 64 bit does not have a compatible flash player and also u need to follow these steps:-
1. Open Computer.
2. Navigate to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\.
3. Scroll down and open the Macromed directory.
4. Open the Flash directory.
5. Right-click FlashUtil9b.
6. Select Run as Administrator.
7. When the UAC prompt appears, select Continue.
8. Follow the Flash Player installation wizard.
Once the wizard completes, Flash Player has been properly installed and will now function properly.

and if u are using window vista 32 bit just do the restore default and clean cookied for internet explorer it should work

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/196380/flash-player-keeps-causing-ie-to-crash/
Relevancy 49.45%

Help,  Adobe Flash is causing my PC to crash.  Checked the net for info, looks like ime not alone with this problem.   Any advice would be welcom but please keep it simple ime a 73 year old silver surfer.  Cliff.

A:Adobe flash causing Pc to crash

How did you determine that Adobe Flash was the culprit of the crash?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/556004/adobe-flash-causing-pc-to-crash/
Relevancy 49.45%

To put it short - USBs don't work in my computer anymore they make my computer freeze and I have to restart it I mean thats great and all But my mouse keyboard and wireless card are USB My Motherboard is from gigabyte and I never used to be able to access my BIOS until I swapped some cords around I'm not complaining because it works now but now my computer can use my USBs for a whopping seconds before it freezes I was reading some fixes though some included disabling the already enabled Legacy USB stuff in the BIOS which didn't make a difference The next thing I read was this Create a REG file called fix and enter the following REGEDIT HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Session Manager Environment DEVMGR SHOW NONPRESENT DEVICES Double click on FIX REG and say yes to the Merge Into Registry question Then there was a whole bunch of things to uninstall This sounded promising BUT I couldn't even click on the FIX REG file before it froze Please if anyone has any ideas I'm desperate at crash! help! USBs Desperate causing this point

A:Desperate help! USBs causing crash!

What OS are you using?  What is the make and model of the system (if it's a custom build - what is the model of the Gigabyte motherboard)?
Do you have recovery media?  If so, where did you get it from?

Can you generate any of these reports:

Let's try looking at these reports:
1)  Please provide this information (even though you may not be reporting BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/
2)  Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).
FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504
While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/589750/desperate-help-usbs-causing-crash/
Relevancy 49.45%

I am running NT 4.0 terminal server and every so often the machine will reboot of it's own free will, seemingly. The last item to happen in the logs was this:

Privileged object operation:
Object Server: Security
Object Handle: 4294967295
Process ID: 2158480896
Primary User Name: SYSTEM
Primary Domain: NT AUTHORITY
Primary Logon ID: (0x0,0x3E7)
Client User Name: smiller
Client Domain: UAHF
Client Logon ID: (0x0,0x35DCD15)
Privileges: SeIncreaseBasePriorityPrivilege
This happened right before a user logged off. About 20 sec. later the machine rebooted and then I get this:

Crash dump is disabled! NT failed to initalize the boot partition paging file for crashdump. This may be because the system has more than 3.8GB of physical memory.

Any ideas as to what I should be lookig for as a culprit to the machine reboots? Thanks for the help.

A:Nt 4.0 error causing machine to crash?

Look at this article.

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q216/4/91.ASP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nt-4-0-error-causing-machine-to-crash.51975/
Relevancy 49.45%

Greetings all,

I'm running XP/SP3 on two HP NC 6000 laptops, using Firefox 3.0.8. On one of them, when I run Spy Sweeper or Spybot the process never completes, Midway through, the computer shuts down. Will try Ad-Aware next. Any suggestions welcome.

Tnx, Jim H.

A:anti-spyware causing crash?

I've now tried to run a third anti-spyware program. Same result. Hope that helps someone figure out what's corrupted and what a possible solution might be.

-JH

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/anti-spyware-causing-crash.819568/
Relevancy 49.45%

Pls excuse typos - k dial-up Not going to preview again Seem to be losing para breaks I am trying to install the IDE HD from my old computer as a slave on my new Drive Crash Causing Slave hand-me-down which has a SATA HD This computer has both SATA and IDE connectors I get an error message each time I start up At this point the computer is still on with the error message static on screen The jumper on Slave Drive Causing Crash the secondary drive is set to the slave position The primary IDE Slave Drive Causing Crash master shows as the DVD drive IDE The secondary master and slave show as undetected Disconnecting the slave and rebooting puts the computer back into good working order Reinstalling the slave to the old computer as master reveals that it is working as it should - all data intact In the BIOS everything is set to Auto SystemThis system was custom built about six years ago so no brand name available Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bitProcessor AMD Athlon tm Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM MbGraphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT MbHard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dual-SATA Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated No On-Demand Scanner Enabled Error message A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this the first time you ve seen this stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Check for viruses on your computer remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated Run CHKDSK F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart your computer Technical informqtion stop X B XBA C XC X X nbsp

A:Slave Drive Causing Crash

Your post is a bit unclear. I'm not sure if when you connect the additional hard drive it stops the DVD drive from being detected or if it never shows that DVD as being detected. In any case you can try setting the hard drive to master and the DVD drive to Slave - but that's only if they are on the same cable, if they are on separate cables then they both should be jumpered to Master.

Additional, after you connect the additional drive, enter the BIOS and confirm that the boot order is still correct and trying to boot from your previous SATA drive. In some systems when you add another drive the boot order can change and needs to be corrected.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slave-drive-causing-crash.1040828/