Windows Support Forum

Random Freeze/Black Screen on New PC

Q: Random Freeze/Black Screen on New PC

Hi all I have DIYed a PC weeks ago for gaming internet purpose with the following config - ASRock Z Pro -M MB - Intel i G CPU - Team Elite DDR x G Ram - WD Caviar Blue GB HD - Sapphire HD Vapor-X OC G GDDR - FSP W Aurum Gold PSU - Windows bit Ultimate However it got randomly freeze and black screen in windows in different scenario - Freeze at Screen Saver - Freeze after away for a few mins - Freeze during Skype Gameplay with repeat sound playing during freeze - New Screen on Random PC Freeze/Black Black screen during Shutdown - gt Windows Random Freeze/Black Screen on New PC Update Installing Basically it can freeze any time after starting up without special observable pattern One thing is that it usually - freeze during the first minutes after starting up windows However sometimes it can work for a few hours normally after the -minutes time What I've done so far but the problem still persist - WD Data Lifeguard Diagnostic v Quick Test Extended Test - gt No Error Found - Memtest overnight for passes - gt No Error or Hang - Stress Stability Test in OCCT FurMark Prime Aida - gt Temperate of CPU GPU up to C seems normal and no freeze during test - Power Supply Test in OCCT - gt The voltage seems stable - Update BIOS to the latest version - Installed Windows XP SP -bit - gt Same problem - Adjust the Ram Voltage from Auto to V - The voltage in BIOS seems normal within range - Disabled quot Link State Power Management quot in Power Options - Testing in progress Boot Random Freeze/Black Screen on New PC into Safe Mode w Networking - gt No Random Freeze/Black Screen on New PC problem so far for hours I'm not sure if it's software driver issue or hardware problem It doesn't look like problem of Ram HD given the test results I was using Laptop before I don't have any spare parts to switch in for testing individual part now I saw in PSU forum that FSP is not good I'm thinking to buy another good one as suggested in PSU forum but the PSU is new and there are so far no freeze in safe mode DOS testing programs I'm not sure if it's PSU issue I have been searching in Google and tried the things I found but still no clue at all Please advise anything I can do further to locate remedy the issue

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-freeze-black-screen-on-new-pc-650538.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Random Freeze/Black Screen on New PC

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 81.27%

I own a Gateway NV52, and the issue with locking up began after I upgraded to Win7. After reloading the factory default of Vista on this, the laptop keeps randomly locking up and then going to a blank black screen.

I've gone to other threads and tried running MemTest and Vista's Memory Diagnostic and they both came up with nothing. I've also seen that other posters have attached dump files and other generated information from the computer to help solve their issues, but I don't know where to find these files to even get started. Can anyone help? What other information do I need to give to get started on the right track?

A:Random Black Screen Freeze, not after login

I would first do a system file check.

System Files - SFC Command
Tutorial thanks to Brink

Then you can view any error messages and see what they mean from this Microsoft site.

How to analyze the log file entries that the Microsoft Windows Resource Checker (SFC.exe) program generates in Windows Vista

If errors are found run the test again as it sometimes takes about 3 passes to get it all fixed. Sometimes even that fails to repair it but post back with results and we will take it from there.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/284005-random-black-screen-freeze-not-after-login.html
Relevancy 81.27%

So here is the thing i bought new computer before maybe - months and since the very beggining i had this wierd problem everything work normally but then screen goes black or any other color and computer freeze and i have to reset it It was rare at the beggining but now it is really a problem i searched every single topic on google but screen black hard freeze! and Random couldnt find anything that works for me here is a screen and how it looks like when it freezes imgur the simple image sharer it can be gray or green or any other color and after that i must reset it Here is my specification if anyone is willing to help me Mothearboard MB MSI H M-P B Intel H x DDR PClex LAN CPU CPU INTEL Core i GHZ Graphic card VGA SAPPHIRE ATI HD GB DDR Power ATX PowerLine W retail PCleX mmF Once again please guys if anyone can help me i would apreciate it im really desperate im googline for - months and i cant find solution i tried every single thing reinstal windows reinstaled drivers control center cleaning registry tested ram tested power supply everything is ok but i still have this wierd problem Even i upgraded power supply but it still occurs and it happens really randomly most of the time when i play games Also sorry for bad english D

A:Random black screen and hard freeze!

Hi and welcome to TSF,

1. Please try another monitor if possible to eliminate your monitor from the equation.

2. I believe that board has built in graphics, please try and connect to the other vga port on the I/O board on back of pc. You may need to go into bios to enable the internal IGP(graphics built in adapter) beforehand.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/random-black-screen-and-hard-freeze-671940.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hello,

A few days ago I had this problem for the first time, my PC freezes (no buttons respond) and I get a black screen. If sound was playing at that moment, it skips continuously. The only thing I can do is powering off my pc and restart it again.

After restarting it says the pc didn't shut down cleanly and starts collecting meta-cache, I have the option to start Windows in safe or normal mode.

After that everything seems unchanged/normal until it freezes again (this is at random, it can be 20 minutes after / 1 hour after /...).

Prior to the first time I did not download/install anything (to my knowledge), nor did something happen to my pc (didn't let it drop, didn't spill anything on it, etc).

I followed the instructions on the "BSOD - Posting Instructions" to make this post.

Hopefully someone can help me with this.

Thank you.

Thomas D.M.

A:PC freeze, black screen and sound skipping at random

There are no dump files in your .zip folder. Can you please follow these instructions on how to configure dump files. Can you also disable automatic restart, just follow the tutorial and you will see a tick box saying "Automatically Restart" untick it.

Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD

Can you then enable Driver Verifier by following these instructions as it will help determine if there are bad drivers installed.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/325910-pc-freeze-black-screen-sound-skipping-random.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I have a multi-boot set up with XP 64 as one of the OS's. I have been using it more often recently and it can suddenly give a black screen, keyboard doesn't work (tried to shutdown 'blind' using Ctrl+Alt+Del then Alt+S then Enter, no response). Also pressing Numlock doesn't affect the LED.
There is nothing relevant in Event Viewer.
The PC goes totally dead although the power is still on.

I have Vista 64 also and this works perfectly, so do Vista 32 and XP 32.

There is no pattern to the freezes, at least none I can see, they seem to occur at random times.

I know it's a tall order with such an intermittent fault but has anyone got any idea what I can do to troubleshoot this ?

(if it helps my system specs. are 'under' the PC icon above)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-64-sudden-random-black-screen-and-total-freeze.717462/
Relevancy 80.41%

First of all as a newbie here I'd like to say hello to everybody on this forum and also apologize if this is posted in the wrong section since defacto my problem involves black screen and not a tipical blue screen Computer is custom built all new parts months old I became aware of this problem about months after My system specs i k - overclocked bios reset to factory settings later after problem became - screen Black - Freeze Restart Computer Random continuous annoyance Corsair H i GT Asus Sabertooth x mobo Gb DDR Corsair XMS MHz Random Computer Freeze - Black screen - Restart Evga GeForce GTX SC Corsair -CS M w PSU So this problem has been bugging me for some months now Basically what would happen is computer would freeze if there was sound playing atm sound would freeze in a quot bzzzzz quot fashion continuously looping seconds later screen would turn black and the computer would restart I have disabled later quot restart on failure quot feature hoping I would get some information on screen when it happens but sadly now it just stays on black screen without resetting This happens completely random and so it happens that it is always during some not intensive computing idle web browsing youtube playing sometimes when working in d modeling program - ds Max On the other side it never happened when computer was doing some intensive d rendering or gaming - coincidence or not I don't know yet Biggest problem now is that I'm still unable to recreate the event I've tried forcing both CPU and Random Computer Freeze - Black screen - Restart GPU with tests for hours amp hours and everything would be successful and then next day or in a week I would start the computer like today opened chrome and out of nowhere it would freeze w black screen Btw I've used Prime Intel Burn test on very high Cinebench FurMark and Heaven Benchmark I have tested memory with Memtest for about h and it was ok zero errors I realize this is not nearly enough time to test so will repeat it again for h Initially I've associated it with power failure due to the loose main power cable on PSU but since I corrected that and continued to experience this problem then I started to suspect my OC settings So I switched BIOS back to default factory settings didn't take the battery out but it happened again I know for a fact this didn't happen before my first OC attempt and fiddling in BIOS although I started OC about a week after the computer was assembled but I want to see now if some hardware piece went haywire in the meantime or was faulty to begin with or something else As said mentioned event would happen completely random so far about - times in a week Event viewer gives me this log Critical - Source Kernel-Power - Event ID - Task Category EventData BugcheckCode BugcheckParameter xfffffa e BugcheckParameter xfffff BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x SleepInProgress false PowerButtonTimestamp So far I have around of these events but I realize that they are mixed with standard instability crashes with blue screen which I had earlier while OC-ing So do you guys think this is likely a hardware fault Would it be likely PSU CS M is not so prized anyway or a motherboard or something else I do have another spare PSU it's a very cheap no-name unit but it has w and technically would be enough to drive the system PSU calculator estimates around w for my system Should I try it I'd really appreciate any help opinions Thanks in advance Sorry for the long read but I've tried to be as much descriptive as possible p s If there will be need I can post also my OC-ed BIOS settings although I don't think it matters now since it has been reset

A:Random Computer Freeze - Black screen - Restart

Update regarding memory testing. Just finished 10+ h of Memtest86 with 0 errors. Should I run it more ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/371411-random-computer-freeze-black-screen-restart.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi All First post here but have visited often over the years to learn about various subjects Lately I've been frequenting the many helpful BSOD pages thanks to the problem that is the subject of this thread I'm hoping you wizards can help me pinpoint the offending driver or hardware before I resort to random uninstalls and eventually a clean Windows reinstall as more extreme procedures I know what follows is a read but it's hopefully well-written so please bear with First the System Specs Specs are in my profile BSOD, Random Minutes After Screen Black Startup Freeze, or Basically this is a heavily upgraded OEM the HP m p HP Pavilion Elite m p Desktop PC Product Specifications HP Pavilion Elite m p Desktop PC HP Support The current configuration ran smoothly for over six months before the problem appeared With the exception of the graphics card more on that below Random BSOD, Freeze, or Black Screen Minutes After Startup the most recent changes were the addition of the two HDDs at the beginning of this year when migrating to SSD Before that the machine was completely problem free going back to its inception in she's an old girl I know The Mystery Currently the system is at a point where it always freezes throws a random BSOD or the screen goes black monitor goes to sleep within minutes after startup It almost always happens within five minutes after the desktop loads but occasionally up to ten minutes This always requires a forced restart with a chance of one of these problems occurring again following reboot for an unpredictable number of times What began as typically a single occurrence has since become on average two crash reboot cycles The record was four Once the system is running for at least five minutes the mystical quot five minute rule quot as I've come to know it it works fine I can leave it idle or punish it with maxed out ultimate settings in Skyrim for hours on end and it won't so much as hiccup But after being shut down or in sleep mode for at least some hours the startup problem always resurfaces in whichever flavors and quantities it decides to take In all it's a tolerable nuisance but one that's surely the manifestation of one or more drivers or hardware gone wild Like the worst computing problems this one arose seemingly out of the ether and has been in a downward spiral since The variety and frequency of crashes seems to have gotten progressively worse over the more than two months since the problem first appeared As far as I can tell it all started with a sudden freeze on July that had me thinking my wireless mouse and keyboard batteries needed replacing Weeks went by with no problems until the black screens started occurring Still these were intermittent and occurred days or weeks apart Before long the first BSODs started appearing These were also intermittent at first As time went on it got to the point at which things are now For basically the entire month of September there have been one or more BSODs almost daily uploaded for your debugging pleasure but in any case always one or more of the three types of crashes freeze BSOD or black screen shortly after startup Today's session went like this Freeze three minutes in forced-reboot BSOD some minutes in forced reboot different BSOD seven minutes in broke the quot five minute rule quot I know forced reboot up and running six hours and counting Each day the experience is different last night was a black screen and BSOD but the one constant is the crash es almost always occur within five occasionally ten minutes post startup Or at least that was the case until yesterday when the system threw a curve ball with a BSOD twenty minutes in I pray this isn't a new symptom So far the two startups since then have remained true to the five five to ten minute rule The Detective Work Needless to say I have tried everything I can think of in this harrowing driver hardware whodunit I started off investigating the basics There were no manual changes to software drivers or ... Read more

A:Random BSOD, Freeze, or Black Screen Minutes After Startup

You have described exactly my problem, dude!
If the crash (not necesarilly the BSOD) came in a middle of skype or VOIP conversation, can you still talk/hear for 30 sec - 1 minute, like me? With black screen on, in stand by. I can.
I hardly wait to find the solution for our problem...

Maybe is usefull to check this post too: BSOD minutes after desktop starts

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/347449-random-bsod-freeze-black-screen-minutes-after-startup.html
Relevancy 79.12%

This is a BSOD or startup. Black Crash, Screen shortly Random after Freeze, strange problem my desktop has had for a fairly long time Usually my computer will work fine start up with no problems for several days Random Crash, Freeze, Black Screen or BSOD shortly after startup. in a row And then for reasons I don't know it sometimes will start crashing Usually the screen goes completely black and the computer completely non-responsive and it must be hard reset to get any response at all out of it A few times I've actually seen a brief BSOD but too brief to actually read it Random Crash, Freeze, Black Screen or BSOD shortly after startup. and see what Random Crash, Freeze, Black Screen or BSOD shortly after startup. is happening Sometimes the screen will just freeze where it is with the last bit of audio that was playing repeating nonstop The strangest thing about these crashes is they only happen a little bit after or during startup if the computer is fine for minutes I know it'll be fine until the next time it's turned off It has on a few occasions come up with a screen telling me that the CMOS is corrupted I've had startup repair run and tried some kind of hard drive diagnostic tool the startup repair couldn't find a problem and the tool said the hard drive was good I've seen it crash this way in the middle of the bios boot during login in safe mode pretty much any time during the first half-hour to hour of the computer being on But never afterward I ran the diagnostic tool the results are attached to this post Any help at all would be appreciated In case it has any effect on anything my computer used to be a Vista and a complimentary upgrade was used to make it windows

A:Random Crash, Freeze, Black Screen or BSOD shortly after startup.

Hello Xindaris.

It appears that you have tow antivirus programs installed? MSE and Avira?
Uninstall Avira. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.
Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.

Uninstall MagicISO. It may cause the BSODs as you explained.

ITEMVAUUEName MagicISO SCSI Host ControllerManufacturer MagicISO, Inc.PNP Device ID ROOT\SCSIADAPTER\0000Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\mcdbus.sys (2.7.106.519, 249.56 KB (255,552 bytes), 12/15/2009 5:17 PM)The SCSI adapter installed by MagicISO can cause start time BSODs.

The Display Driver is not Up to date.

Code:
fffff880`04884000 fffff880`0532f000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys
Image path: nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Fri Mar 15 07:07:00 2013 (51427B3C)
CheckSum: 00A8D47C
ImageSize: 00AAB000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Try to install NVIDIA DRIVERS 320.49WHQL

Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes, preferably overnight.

Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Are you overclocking? As you are getting BSODs, you should stop overclocking and run all the hardware components like CPU, GPU and RAM to their default settings. Also set the BIOS to default, too.
How To Clear CMOS (Reset BIOS)

Free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto start with it, but the auto start programs often conflicts and causes various problems including BSODs.
Click on the Start button
Type “msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the “Startup” tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
Let us know the results. And, is it a factory installed windows?

Code:
BugCheck 19, {3, fffffa8005182020, fffffa8005182000, fffffa8005182000}

Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+a53 )

Followup: Pool_corruption
----------------------------------------------------------------------
BugCheck A, {34e502010080, 2, 1, fffff80004079cc8}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+1849fd )

Followup: MachineOwner
------------------------------------------------------------------------
BugCheck 50, {fffffa7f8009d9d2, 1, fffffa800626b187, 7}
Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup: memory_corruption
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
BugCheck 1A, {8886, fffffa8003a29150, fffffa8003a267e0, 500}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiUnlinkPageFromLockedList+19c )

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/297800-random-crash-freeze-black-screen-bsod-shortly-after-startup.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hello For the last couple months my PC has been having an issue where the screen randomly freezes and the last sounds that were playing loop and then stop This can happen while playing a game be it Hearthstone Batman Arkham City any game Can also happen when using any web based flash like YouTube Twitch etc But I have also had freezes about a minute after logging on without even doing any of the above CPU temperatures right before freeze appear normal and the fans stay at about the same speeds when screen no - BSOD Black System Reboot Hard Freeze, Random on freeze happens at least I don't hear them spinning up I am forced to do a hard reboot but it takes a few tries to get the PC to boot because the monitor simply acts like it doesn't detect any video signal upon reboot I can hear Windows do its boot up sounds Random System Freeze, no BSOD - Black screen on Hard Reboot but nothing on Random System Freeze, no BSOD - Black screen on Hard Reboot screen I have a feeling Random System Freeze, no BSOD - Black screen on Hard Reboot this might be multiple problems linked together I included a zip of my computer's SF Diangostic Tool report Thanks for taking a look at this problem all help is welcome and appreciated

A:Random System Freeze, no BSOD - Black screen on Hard Reboot

That definitely sounds like a graphics driver related issue, if not then a hardware failure in your GPU. I would recommend updating your graphics driver by booting into safe mode (F8 on startup).
Uninstall the current ones via the control panel.
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/327207-random-system-freeze-no-bsod-black-screen-hard-reboot.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi Everyone I have no Random under Freeze dump Screen load, Black New generated file PC, bought a new custom built desktop PC about weeks ago and ever since purchase I have been freezes about once twice per day tried looking into it quite a New PC, Random Black Screen Freeze under load, no dump file generated bit but can't find the solution anywhere When the crash happens the screen just suddenly blacks out no prior warning signs at all sounds continue to play for about - seconds then New PC, Random Black Screen Freeze under load, no dump file generated gets stuck on a loop and a hard reboot is required each time No dump file generated at all It does get recorded in the event viewer as this - System - Provider Name Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Guid C B A- - C -AC E- C D B EventID Version Level Task Opcode Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Correlation - Execution ProcessID ThreadID Channel System Computer Andy-PC - Security UserID S- - - - EventData BugcheckCode BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x SleepInProgress false PowerButtonTimestamp Seems to only happen under load gaming - of the time with Europa Universalis for some reason very rarely with other games but still occurs never happens with office browsing youtube email etc even during extended sessions I have so far done - full system reformat re-install and update didn't help - Multiple runs of passmark burn-in tests mins each episode of freezing during a dun but the rest passed fine CPU and GPU temps were good - Deg for CPU and Deg for GPU - Multiple runs of RAM tests - all passed no errors - Furmark GPU stress test - max temp degrees no crashes or artifacts - Multiple antivirus scans - nothing found OS Windows professional bit Service Pack all updates installed System Specs PSU Antec NEO C ECO Motherboard ASRock H M-PRO H CPU Intel BX I I - GHZ RAM G Skill G x G DDR VGA Gigabyte GV-R OC SSD Kingston SSDnow SV S A G HDD Toshiba TB RPM HDD The SSD only contains windows and office all other software are on HDD All components are assembled and apparently burn-in tested by vendor no over clocking at all I am thinking this is probably a hardware issue rather than a software one but can't pin down which component is at fault here would really appreciate any advice PS I have uploaded the zip file but don't think it contains too much

A:New PC, Random Black Screen Freeze under load, no dump file generated

The file you uploaded didn't contain anything. Please run Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions again and select option 2 in the instructions. Click the big orange 'Grab All' button and give it time to finish. Then upload the entire file and we will take a look.

Also, please include manufacturer and model of the PSU in your system specs at the bottom left of your last post. Just click that and there will be a link there to update system specs. Be sure to click save at the bottom of the page. If you haven't already, please list the PSU, CPU cooler and anything else that may help. Sometimes we have to look up a component, so the details to do that helps us to help you.

Also, after that please open a elevated command prompt ( click start, type cmd in the search box, right click on the cmd entry and select run as administrator) in the black box that opens, copy/paste sfc /scannow. If you decide to type it, notice the space between the sfc and the /. It is a system file checker which will scan your system files and attempt to correct any missing or corrupt files. What we want are the results to say windows found no integrity violations. If it says files were found but could not be repaired, close the box, reboot and run it again, after opening the administrative command prompt. You may have to reboot and run it three times for it to repair all system files. If it can't repair them after 3 reboots, let us know.

You actually did very well in filling in the system specs. Just a couple more things need to be added. Also, welcome to Seven Forums. When you say a new custom built computer, who built it and I assume it is still under warranty. Just add any details you can about the problem. If it happens when running a certain app, or when doing a certain thing that would be useful info to help us nail down the problem. Can I also assume the OS as already installed when you received the computer?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/350017-new-pc-random-black-screen-freeze-under-load-no-dump-file-generated.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I have a strange problem that seems to happen completely at random My monitor Random goes and freeze black PC freezes sort of so that even though I can still move the mouse arrow around the screen I am unable to click on anything The monitor then goes totally black for a few seconds before everything returns to normal There seems to be no pattern to this Random freeze and monitor goes black it can happen within minutes of turning on the PC or may happen hours later It can happen very frequently several times within a few minutes or go hours without incident I dont know where to start as my attempts to Google similar symptoms didnt really work The PC is fairly old about years and is on its second PSU and second monitor but both have worked fine for some time I have an AMD ghz with mb RAM XP SP I dont use it for anything other than browsing and simple Excel no gaming or downloading etc Other than this the PC runs fine though it takes an age to boot up and I am fairly sure it is free from viruses If this problem sounds familiar to any of you any help would be gratefully appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Random freeze and monitor goes black

if the monitor goes blank how do you know it is also freezing?
try go to control panel power options alter turn off monitor to "never".....alter anything else to suit! and you can do it if the power options did'nt work then

... tap "F8" key @ boot-up select "safe mode" using arrow keys [press ENTER]

... once in safe mode click "no" on the "pop-up" that should guide you to system restore

... select a restore point by altering the restore calendar to a time when the pc was working fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-freeze-and-monitor-goes-black.944428/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi i've recently started to get random screen freezes. The screen goes black and freezes. I the have to restart the PC. I've just re-installed Win 7 Pro 32 bit but that hasn't cured it. Can anyone help? I've attached dumps if anyone can make any sense of them.

Many Thanks

Collin

A:BSOD (Black) with random freeze

Unfortunately, there were no .dmp files.. navigate to c:/windows/minidump and zip up any .dmp files and attach them to your next post...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/112260-bsod-black-random-freeze.html
Relevancy 66.22%

This is driving me crazy.

Right after I boot my laptop, the screen flashes randomly.

Also something is stealing focus from what I am working on to something else.

Then it likes to suddenly go to a grey screen. I have to manually reboot.

If that is not enough, it like to just reboot.

Scanned with my AVG and Kaspersky, nothing found. Tried TrendMicro House Call, nothing. Dr. Web, nothing.

All drivers are up to date.

I have run it in the safe mode for about an hour with no problems. No new software installed recently. I went to restore and it was only dated from the previous day, so no help there.

I would prefer not to Nuke and pave, but if that what I need to do, I can.

Any thoughts, theories, explosives you can recommend for this?

I await with enlarging piles of hair as I pull it out.
Roger

A:Windows screen flashes, random grey screen & random black screen

Welcome to SF!

This sounds like a case of overheating, Download Speccy and upload a Screenshot
when in normal use (not Safe-Mode).

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/302037-windows-screen-flashes-random-grey-screen-random-black-screen.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello everyone! I got a problem with my new computer. I got random black screen then reboot/freeze error code 0x0000116. All my drivers are up to date, my bios too.
Here are my dump file and my dxdiag. Thank you for your time! ^^

PS: My components temperature never goes higher then 50 degree even at full use!
PS2: I compressed my .dmp file since I couldn't send it otherwise, so no worry.

101914-6140-01.zip

DxDiag.txt

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55749-random-black-screens-then-freeze-reboot.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Heya So my computer started freezing randomly to freeze, BSOD, signal random no Random screen getting BSOD randomly and after rebooting the screen wouldn't receive any signals a while back and I had just put my computer away but decided to look into it a bit more and to get a better idea of whether it could be a problem with software or hardware Uploaded the zip as requested the perfmon file is in the rar as well About to restart so that windows can install updates has computer hasn't been on for a little while Random freeze, random BSOD, no signal to screen figured I should post this here before I restart incase I can't get my computer back to here Also added dxdiag report for system information etc Windows Home Premium -bit is the original OS installed and still using it full retail OS installed when computer was built never re-installed Bought everything for this computer on the same day so roughly months old System specs are as follows Case Thermaltake V Black Edition Motherboard Asus M A GTD Pro USB CPU AMD Phenom II X GHz Processor RAM GB DDR CL Hard Drive TB Western Digital Sata Mb Cache Video Card Radeon HD GB GDDR Power Supply Cooler Master w Monitor Viewsonic quot LED Mouse Logitech MX Optical Gaming Mouse Keyboard Razer Arctosa Headset Creative Fatality Gaming Headset If you need any more information just let me know I can use the internet on my phone if my computer doesn't work Really appreciate any and all help thanks very much

A:Random freeze, random BSOD, no signal to screen

Oh and I still had the error up from when it first booted up,
"Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 3081

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 7f
BCP1: 0000000000000008
BCP2: 0000000080050031
BCP3: 00000000000006F8
BCP4: FFFFF800032B95DC
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\071112-36488-01.dmp
C:\Users\Lachlan\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-51355-0.sysdata.xml
"

Well it rebooted perfectly fine. hmm. Still curious if there's anything I should be looking into though.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/239714-random-freeze-random-bsod-no-signal-screen.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi screen windows (black screen startup BSOD and freeze all i have a problem with my pc it randomly freeze at startup BSOD (black screen and windows startup screen freeze getting me black white or distorted screens after min the pc reboot and all go normal this problem can come or times at the same time after the pc BSOD (black screen and windows startup screen freeze finish his reboot it get me an error like this Firma problema Nome evento problema BlueScreen Versione SO ID impostazioni locali Ulteriori informazioni sul problema BCCode BCP FFFFFA B C BCP FFFFF FECBAE BCP FFFFFFFFC A BCP OS Version Service Pack Product and if i go on operative center it get me this Firma del problema Nome evento problema LiveKernelEvent Versione SO ID impostazioni locali Ulteriori informazioni sul problema BCCode BCP FFFFFA AF F BCP FFFFF F C BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product ID bucket X x Tdr IMAGE nvlddmkm sys Informazioni sul server e f a - - b - f - c b d here are the information that i see in the bsod post introduction OS -windows x its an assembled pc by me and i ve installed original win Full reatil version the system have week i have upgrade it from an old one created by me year ago the OS has week i have re intsalled it after the upgrade cpu-- gt i K with an after market cooler video card- gt Nvidia GTX with afetr market cooler motherboard - gt asus p z -v gen power supply - gt corsair tx v System Manufacturer gt by me XD here are the output from Windows Vista jcgriff and from perfmon PS sorry for my bad english - -''

A:BSOD (black screen and windows startup screen freeze

Ok 116 error is caused by your Graphics card.
First thing to do is update your drivers from the NVIDIA website.

If BSODs continue Try HDD tests,
download gpu-z to check if your card is getting too hot, also is there lots of dust in the card?

Do you overclock your video card?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-black-screen-and-windows-startup-screen-freeze-622591.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hey all,
I am having problems with the screen freeing when running multiple windows (Chrome, office etc etc). When I try to swap between windows, I get a freeze and I am unable to do anything.
The cursor can be seen moving around the screen but has no effect in any area. The Windows Key doesn't ppear, nor can I tab into another programme.
If I try and start task manager to see which program is causing this, it will not appear over the frozen image.
Is there a way of telling from an event log what program is failing?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?93064-Screen-freeze-and-black-screen-with-problems-multiple-windows
Relevancy 63.21%

I run windows xp. I have 4 accounts set up: two admin and one each for my wife and grandson. These are not admin accounts. when my wife logs off, the computer often will switch to a black screen and it freezes. F drive is my main drive. Need help. Thanks

Looking for help.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel Pentium III Xeon processor, x86 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 6
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3326 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6670, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 305234 MB, Free - 147823 MB; F: Total - 953859 MB, Free - 805067 MB; G: Total - 476929 MB, Free - 83979 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., P5N-D
Antivirus: Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

A:xp pro log off black screen and freeze

If it is only her account and you are sure the computer is virus free, the easiest thing to do would probably be to create a new user account.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-pro-log-off-black-screen-and-freeze.1096326/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello I ve came here again with the same issue yet it s way worse than before I have an Asus K SC laptop running Windows Ultimate My issue is that my laptop freezes followed by a total black out the laptop is still running but I can t do anything even the cursor disappears and if I have a sound on background it repeats the last syllables forever screen freeze Black Sometimes it occurs without a freeze just my monitor Black screen freeze turning black and other times I get a blue screen What I ve seen Black screen freeze during my troubleshooting tries is that whenever I don t get the blue screen when only the monitor turns black the event is not recognised as a crash This occurs when I browse the internet most of the times when I watch a video having pictures loading in the background gifs it even occurs when I m watching movies or playing games it occurs while playing and alt tab it Another thing I observed is that it occurs more often when running on High Performance Entertaining Mode while when on Battery Saving it only occured while watching movies or playing games I have tried to reproduce the problem in Safe Mode but for some reason it never occured Initially it was only occuring when I was alt tabbing games now it expanded to all other situations I previously mentioned My spec OS W Ultimate bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - QM CPU GHz CPUs RAM GB Graphics Intel HD Graphics I also have a Nvidia Geforce GT MX GB but I never find it mentioned in my specs I hope someone can help me any ideas are welcome I m desperate I suspect a GPU problem but meh what do I know I hope I posted in the right section Thank you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

Hello i have this issue with my computer for about two years Ive taken it to people who are supposed to know about freeze screen Black / it so they could solve it but the problem came back one or two months after being fixed I ve searched help in many forums but no one could help me This is the problem i found Some things are in spanish since its my native language Hope u can understand Descripci n Windows dej de funcionar correctamente por un problema con el hardware de v deo Firma del problema Nombre de evento de problema LiveKernelEvent Versi n del sistema operativo Id de configuraci n regional Archivos que ayudan a describir el problema WD- - dmp sysdata xml WERInternalMetadata xml Ver copia temporal de estos archivos Advertencia si la causa del problema es un virus u otra amenaza a la seguridad el equipo se podr a da ar al abrir una copia de los archivos Informaci n adicional sobre el problema BCCode BCP FFFFFA FCD BCP FFFFF C BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product ----------------- The error occurrs while gaming when im idle Black screen / freeze or chrome or at any time ----------------- I runed checkdisk and had no errors Memtest gave no errors Updated nvidia drivers I tried every version of them with a clean install using Driver Sweeper AVG full scan on safe mode shows that my cpu is clean ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name JUAN-PC Operating System Windows Enterprise -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language Spanish Regional Setting Spanish System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd System Model H M-D BIOS Award Modular BIOS v PG Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GTX Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GTX DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV C amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Monitor PnP gen rico Monitor Model W Monitor Id GSM EE Native Mode x p Hz Output Type HD Driver Name nvd dumx dll nvwgf umx dll nvwgf umx dll nvd dum nvwgf um nvwgf um Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo'd Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B E E- - CF-A F- EC C Vendor ID x DE Device ID x C SubSys ID x Revision ID x A Driver Strong Name oem inf NVIDIA SetA Devices NTamd Section pci ven de amp dev c Rank Of Driver E Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C ModeVC C ModeWMV C Deinterlace Caps CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fw... Read more

A:Black screen / freeze

Quote:

description
Windows stopped working properly due to a problem with the video hardware.
Problem Signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4
Locale ID: 11274
Files that help describe the problem
WD-20130705-2242.dmp
sysdata.xml
WERInternalMetadata.xml
View temporary copy of these files
Warning: If the problem is caused by a virus or other security threat, the equipment may be damaged when opening a copy of the files.
Additional information about the problem

It looks like your video card is failing.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-freeze-701714.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I was searching Youtube and then suddenly the whole screen went black and comp froze. Nothing responds so had to hold power button to shut down. When I turned it on again, all my preferences are gone like my Facebook. When I normally go to facebook, it shows my homepage but now it tells me to log on. Same with Youtube, Windows Live Messenger and this forum. (These are the only ones I came across)
Whats wrong with my computer?

A:Black Screen Freeze

Hi -

What web browser are you using? (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome etc)

Just looks like your saved form information within your browser has been deleted. If, you log back in to these sites (Facebook, TSF etc) and accept any dialog (or checkbox) that asks you whether you want the form information (username/password etc) to be saved that should take things back to how there were before.

As for the black screen, it is difficult to tell what caused in, however if it should happen again, reply here, and I will attempt to assist in finding the cause/solution.

Let me know how you get on.

Regards, - GJ

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-freeze-557743.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi all I Screen Black Help! freeze after just started having this problem with my PC It is home built and has been running fine for quite a while It is tyan thunder K X motherboard AMD MP GHz processors GB DDR ECC memory Nvidia graphic board forget which Help! Black Screen after freeze one Ok so here s the Help! Black Screen after freeze symptoms I shut the machine down at night When I power up in the morning it is fine boots up and runs for maybe minutes then will either completely freeze or blue screen with various error messages When it froze this last time I hit the Help! Black Screen after freeze reset button and it goes to a black screen no blinking cursor nothing it is most definately NOT booting The power button or additional resets don t do anything So I remove power Turn it back on same thing Black screen Hit the reset button now it will boot and run all day without a problem Pretty weird So in my first troubleshooting effort this morning instead of booting windows I popped my memtest floppy disk in and let it sit and spin Figured I wanted to eliminate the OS and or drivers from the problem After about minutes I got a bunch of multi colored random characters on the screen Went through the same power up sequence with the same issues as above and now it is happily spinning away in memtest without issue Any ideas what could be going on here Some sort of temperature problem problem when cold If so where do I even start Any help GREATLY appreciated Patti nbsp

A:Help! Black Screen after freeze

when you get the error message, make a note of the error code then post again. if the blue screen is not up long enough try and take a picture of it (it works you just have to be quick lol).

when we have the code it will be easier to figure out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-black-screen-after-freeze.44777/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello, I'm having an issue with my PC I've put together and am not sure what is causing it. When I am playing games Like Team Fortress 2 and Command and conquer my PC locks up with a black screen and sound loop. There is no particular time when it happens, sometimes it takes an hour or two and then happens every ten to fifteen minutes. and sometimes it happens after twenty minutes and sometimes it doesn't happen at all. I can leave my computer on for hours and no problems, only when I play games. Anyone have any Ideas?

PC Components:
Lanparty UT ICFX3200-T2R/G Motherboard
Pentium D Extreme 840 @ 3.2Ghz
2 x 2Gig Buffalo pc6400 single channel RAM
ATI Radeon 4830 video card
WD 320 Gig SATA harddrive
hec Orion HP585D power supply 585 Watts
Alpine DVD drive

A:Black screen freeze up

If it only happens when you are playing games, and at different times during the games, it's probably a graphics card issue. You may want to install and graphics card fan to keep the temp down, or possibly consider upgrading your graphics card.

I would first suggest running a quick diagnostic on it, search for the burn in diagnostic tool from the downloads section of the site and let it run, it will test your graphics card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-freeze-up.126900/
Relevancy 63.21%

I have this problem on my screen freeze XP SP3 black Win HTPC which is on all the time It has Win XP SP3 black screen freeze a problem of totally freezing every couple days with a black screen can t get out of it until I reset the tower Every time it happens I look at the event log Win XP SP3 black screen freeze and I see these Event Type Error Event Source atapi Event Category None Event ID Date Time AM User Win XP SP3 black screen freeze N A Computer JASON-HTPC Description The device Device Ide IdePort is not ready for access yet Event Type Error Event Source Disk Event Category None Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer JASON-HTPC Description The driver detected a controller error on Device Harddisk D They come in pairs and occur every - minutes until about half an hour later which I suspect when the machine totally freezes up no more log entries of these problem I read it could be cable I ve switched the sata cable on the HD and the sata port it s plugged to on the MB I have no problem reading from the disk otherwise I suspect something s wrong with my MB but odd that I don t see a log event for my C only on the D and the DVD writer why does it log it as ide it s sata Any help will be appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Win XP SP3 black screen freeze

Do you have all of the newest drivers? Have you tryed switching which port you plug your hard drive into?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-sp3-black-screen-freeze.864691/
Relevancy 63.21%

When I launch a game I have to wait like a minute until it launches after that a black screen appears, no sound and i cant do anything. I tried pressing windows key l, alt tabbing, ctrl+alt+delete, alt+f4 nothing helps only power button.
I have all the latest drivers, did a virus scan, checked for windows updates, defraged my hard drive. This happens for all my games but not always.

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/37640-black-screen-freeze.html
Relevancy 62.78%

windows xp pro bit- refurbished gb hard disk gb ram avg antivirus ad-aware malwarebytes system mechanic noscript wot failed screens(no ups, black freeze displayed), errors pointer delayed random write better privacy until about three weeks ago everything was fine was looking at firefox add-ons and the screen went totally black since then random freeze ups, black screens(no pointer displayed), delayed write failed errors i moved to a different part of town and had the internet service transferred the room that my computer is in has no cable hook up so the service men ran random freeze ups, black screens(no pointer displayed), delayed write failed errors a foot coax to my room i used a splitter from there to my computer and tv since then i have been getting random black screens and freeze ups blue screens and delayed write failed errors on freeze ups and black screens i have to use the power button to turn the computer off and then reboot i have since disabled write caching on the disk and have gotten the delayed write failed error only once since then when trying to repair disk errors with system mechanic but i still get freeze ups and black screens randomly i have been to other forums and ran combofix once the helper said he saw no malware or viruses so i thought it was fixed i read that a microsoft update was causing some problems in xp and vista causing black screens is this a possible cause also could the cable hook up be causing some of this i have only managed to copy one of the blue screen errors kernel stack inpage error x f x x A A x A A CC x C C A beginning dump of physical memory there are several different delayed write failed errors that i have copied do you need these i appreciate any help i can get thanks

A:random freeze ups, black screens(no pointer displayed), delayed write failed errors

From http://www.aumha.org/a/stop.htm:0x000000F4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATIONOne of the many processes or threads crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. As a result, the system can no longer function. Specific causes are many, and often best resolved by a careful history of the problem and the circumstances of the error message.My guess (nothing but) would be that your hard drive is failing, but put no reliance on that.Since it seems that your system still boots...I suggest booting into XP and taking a look at two things: a. Do a search for any .dmp files which were generated. These usually reflect the detail of various BSODs/STOP errors.Start/Search...type *.dmp as the search name...you want to search all files, including system/hidden files. b. Do a review of Event Viewer, looking only for errors. If you see any errors indicating a problem with a drive or disk, post the content in your next post.How To Use Event Viewer - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/ Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/295384/random-freeze-ups-black-screensno-pointer-displayed-delayed-write-failed-errors/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello everyone I'm very sorry for just being a new member and allready posting I felt like i needed to post this straight away as i've seen the technichal support given by the community and as much i can be honest this is the top website i found with the most fixes to anyone that will be interested in helping me I appreciate it deeply - thank you very much Recently i left my computer to update a game world of warcraft overnight When i woke up I was confused why it was back to the login screen Black link Google Random Freezes. Login Screen, & Random Help: 'Jump' im guessing it must have reseted So i logged in couple of minutes later the wallpaper changed into something 'Warning your computer has been infected everything you do is logged' so bla bla So i ran a couple of AVG scans manage to find Help: Random Black Login Screen, Google link 'Jump' & Random Freezes. the thing it was something called b exe been deleted now my wallpaper problem is fixed HOWEVER sometimes when i turn on the pc it's just a plain black screen with a curser in the middle a couple of clicks it will freeze it works after a couple of hard reboots Everytime i search something on google using firefox and click on the link it brings up a new tab with 'jump' title the computer also randomly freezes at some point This is my log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Carlo at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV AVG Anti-Virus On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X lxdxserv exe C WINDOWS system lxdxcoms exe C Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgam exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy SBAMSvc exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindServiceAE exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy SBAMTray exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C program files steam steam exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exe C Program Files RocketDock RocketDock exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files NETGEAR WG T wlan t exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C PROGRA Raptr Raptr exe C PROGRA Raptr RaptrBT exe C Program Files Ventrilo Ventrilo exe C Program Files Xfire Xfire exe C Documents and Settings Papa Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C WINDOWS system dwwin exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrB exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer Iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C Documents and Settings Papa Desktop Deskop Downloads dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google co uk uSearch Page hxxp www google com uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie mDefault Search URL hxxp www google com ie uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c progra yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO Octh Class b - b - -b f -f b efc - c program files orbitdownloader orbitcth dll BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b -... Read more

A:Help: Random Black Login Screen, Google link 'Jump' & Random Freezes.

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/248105/help-random-black-login-screen-google-link-jump-random-freezes/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello there to keep this post as short as possible heres the long story short I a fairly old computer I got some upgraded parts for it a few weeks ago here are the statistics of the computer Old means its been there for a long time year and new is the stuff I got recently Pentium Ghz Processor Old GB Corsair DD RAM New NVIDIA GeForce GTS New x MB Hard Drives New Windows XP And the motherboard is old and Im not sure what model sry The problem is sometimes when I am playing my games the computer sometimes freezes as in I'm playing the game and suddenly the game freezes and the screen goes black and indicates theres quot no signal quot on the monitor dispite the computer still making running noises also if I bang the computer by accident eg bumping into it I also goes to a black screen usally after restarting after this error I does not load just gives multiple beeps so I have to leave it offline for about minutes before it loads again I doubt its overheating as I checked for blockage dust on the fans non-working fans etc but they are all running fine anyone know what wrong with my computer Black Computer Odd Freeze Screen /

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/odd-computer-freeze-black-screen-198457.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi guys I m not entirely sure but I think this problem started around the time I upgraded my GPU to an ATI Its really strange and VERY annoying Doesn t happen all the time but only right after logging in to Windows XP and while the windows chime is playing the sound will cut off and the monitor will turn off freeze log & screen XP after black Solved: in no signal and then nothing happens no restart Solved: XP freeze & black screen after log in no blue screen I have to restart the PC manually I can t even get into damn safe mode because all I am faced with is a black screen monitor is on but no picture I have done all the basic steps i e Virus Scan even root kit scan Check Disk Memory Test tried disabling services and programs also did a Windows Repair to no avail If only I could get into quot Safe Mode quot I could do some more testing I have a feeling its got something to do with the graphics card problem is I don t have a spare card that I can test or a spare PC to test it in at this time Any ideas Specs XP Pro SP ASUS M N-SLI Deluxe AMD Athlon X ghz Gb Ram non dual channel ATI Radeon Really appreciate any help from experienced Support guru s out there nbsp

A:Solved: XP freeze & black screen after log in

$20 to the person who helps me resolve this, I promise.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-xp-freeze-black-screen-after-log-in.973889/
Relevancy 62.35%

Recently my computer has Screen, Freeze, Black Restart been freezing at certain times I ve come to think it must be a problem either with my hardware or my windows but I thought it would be best to get more expert info instead of diving head Freeze, Black Screen, Restart first into the problem The main problem that occurs is the random freezing My computer will suddenly freeze and I would have to manually restart it in order for it to work again I have noticed that the frequency of the freezes start to decrease after a few manual restarts via power button but it can still tend to freeze later during use Sometimes the screen will freeze and after a few seconds will be followed by a grayish black screen and then a restart At certain times when I recover from a restart Windows will provide an error report Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP E DC BCP BCP C ED BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users gene AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Any help in diagnosing the problem and fixing it will be appreciated

A:Freeze, Black Screen, Restart

Download BlueScreenView (in Zip file)No installation required.Unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/375357/freeze-black-screen-restart/
Relevancy 62.35%

I will just be generally using my laptop browsing the internet or using programs such as photoshop and my system will freeze up for about 10 seconds and then will turn to a black screen forcing me to shut the system down via the power button. This happens at least once a day and most commonly occurs when opening photoshop. My laptop is a Packard bell EasyNote TE69KB, ive been looking for solutions for days but nothing seemed to help.
Please help me if you can, thanks

A:Windows 8.1 freeze then black screen please help

Your computer might not be able to handle PhotoShop.

System requirements | Photoshop

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/39550-windows-8-1-freeze-then-black-screen-please-help.html
Relevancy 62.35%

After a period of time with the machine not rebooting (just fan running, no screen, looks like no disk i/o) it finally booted and it seemed like it was working. Then the cursor froze again, then black screen, and now I can not reboot again. I noticed that wuauclt.exe (supposedly windows update) was running as well as some other suspicions apps before it froze. What would you recommend I use to eliminate any malicious software, provided I can get this machine booted up again?

Relevancy 62.35%

Since two months ago, I started getting black and frozen screen for no reason. Sometimes it would automatically recover itself and give a message "Display Driver AMD Stopped Responding Has Successfully Recovered" but other times, it would need a reset.

The last few days I was getting blue screen error message, see below.
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

BCCode: 116
BCP1: 897ED510
BCP2: 98D7460E
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000002
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Kindly advise what is wrong? Many thanks in advance.

A:Black & Freeze Screen after PC started

Welcome aboard, angryfly.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {897ed510, 98d7460e, 0, 2}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+760e )

---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: 897ed510, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: 98d7460e, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: 00000000, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 00000002, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
atikmpag+760e
98d7460e 8bff mov edi,edi

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

STACK_TEXT:
90ac35f0 9a9c607b 00000116 897ed510 98d7460e nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x1e
90ac3614 9a9ba937 98d7460e 00000000 00000002 dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0x8d
90ac3638 98c0692c 00000000 00000000 90ac36f8 dxgkrnl!TdrIsRecoveryRequired+0xb8
90ac36b0 98c2dc1d fffffcfb 00002155 00000000 dxgmms1!VidSchiReportHwHang+0x3c0
90ac36dc 98c205ed 874bf008 90ac36f8 00000102 dxgmms1!VidSchWaitForCompletionEvent+0x16f
90ac3758 98c21a74 890bd6a0 00000000 884f6000 dxgmms1!VIDMM_DMA_POOL::WaitDmaBufferNotBusy+0x91
90ac3780 98c150c8 884f6124 00000000 884f6000 dxgmms1!VIDMM_DMA_POOL::AcquireBuffer+0x17c
90ac386c 98c15af4 884f6224 00000000 00000001 dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::FlushPagingBufferInternal+0x3c6
90ac38ac 98c19acd 00000000 00000000 90ac38d4 dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::CompleteBuildPagingBufferIteration+0x23e
90ac39f4 98c1bc76 00000000 00000001 00000003 dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::MapVideoApertureSegmentInternal+0x11b
90ac3a34 98c2a0d2 ac692458 00000003 000006ec dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::MapVideoApertureSegment+0xf8
90ac3a64 98c298f0 ac692458 000006ec 00000082 dxgmms1!VIDMM_APERTURE_SEGMENT::MapApertureRange+0x2c
90ac3a94 98c18edb ac692458 00000000 87f12870 dxgmms1!VIDMM_APERTURE_SEGMENT::CommitResource+0xe8
90ac3ac0 98c1a8b4 8a2c2800 00000003 87f0e2f0 dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::PageInAllocations+0x8f
90ac3bb8 98c31850 90cb3380 00000000 87f12870 dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::PrepareDmaBuffer+0x95e
90ac3d18 98c32141 86c9ac78 85ff73b8 90ac3d3c dxgmms1!VidSchiSubmitRenderCommand+0x1c0
90ac3d28 98c323de 86c9ac78 8304abb9 874bf008 dxgmms1!VidSchiSubmitQueueCommand+0x61
90ac3d3c 98c32485 874bf008 00000000 890af538 dxgmms1!VidSchiRun_PriorityTable+0x24
90ac3d50 8321e07a 874bf008 b82f5d4f 00000000 dxgmms1!VidSchiWorkerThread+0x7f
90ac3d90 830c4819 98c32406 874bf008 00000000 nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x9e
00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 nt!KiThreadStartup+0x19
STACK_COMMAND: .bugcheck ; kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
atikmpag+760e
98d7460e 8bff mov edi,edi

SYMBOL_NAME: atikmpag+760e

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: atikmpag

IMAGE_NAME: atikmpag.sys

DEBUG_FLR_I... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/262628-black-freeze-screen-after-pc-started.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Thank you in advance for any help that can demystify what is going on with this box The PC is a intermittent black freeze and screen custom build about years old running XP SP AMD Athalon GHZ GB ram NVIDIA Gforce display with no apparent conflicts Not a screamer by today s standard but well built and reliable until now Recently while accessing a website s quot map location quot feature my screen froze and went black for about intermittent freeze and black screen seconds before recovering The symptom can be best described as a crash or quot labored quot Refresh Coincidence perhaps Unfortunately since that episode intermittent freeze and black screen the problems began Although in Normal Mode - the pc still intermittent freeze and black screen boots up fast displaying the desktop as normal however it continuously freezes the screen goes black and comes to a crawl while start up processes load In all processes listed in TM the CPU usage is between - After start up the symptoms continue every seconds- black screen and intermittent freezing The mouse freezes and are also intermittent Click events are non reactive or take an inordinate amout of time minutes to respond Rightclick context menus are ghost translucent in appearance Programs are slow or won t load at all I made several attempts to stop running processes via the task manager and misconfig in effort to pinpoint rule out the possibility of a software causing the problem Processes are impossible to stop via task manager since the mouse locks up and screen continues it s second freeze blackout cycle The machine works flawlessly in Safe Mode where I attempted to tick off several start up processes in misconfig Applying the settings and rebooting into normal mode unfortunately had no effect on the problem I opened the box case cleaned and blew out any dust and debris with psi including the power supply Removed the ram two gig sticks and tested then one at a time in combination and alternating slots No change in the symptoms The only recent changes made before the problems occurred- were software installed iTunes about two weeks ago with no problems and with no problems to the machine AVG - up to date scans reveal no threats in the past daysMbam - up to date full scan mode reveal no threatsSAS - up to date full scan mode reveal on threatsI just updated the NVIDA driver as I m typing this- The new driver threw the pc in a continuous loop causing it reboot on it s own times in a row I am not that skilled in trouble shooting- Anyone have any ideas or procedures to check against hardware vs software diagnosis Thanks again

A:intermittent freeze and black screen

You didn't post the make and model of the motherboard. Does it have integrated graphics? If it does, pull your graphics card and use the integrated to see if this makes a difference.

Edit:

Does the computer boot to a working state now?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/376971/intermittent-freeze-and-black-screen/
Relevancy 62.35%

Greetings My PC is windows bit service pack Lately I've been having a recurring Hanging Freezing issue It appears to happen randomly sometimes when it's sitting on the desktop sometimes when typing in a forum like this other times while playing a game The computer will freeze or hang the mouse might still move a little bit for a second Then the screen usually goes black Sometimes I can still move the mouse but it will only move in a jerking fashion every couple seconds rather and Black Screen Freeze/Hangs than smoothly Some of the screen will sometimes start to come back like the bottom or top of the screen but the rest Freeze/Hangs and Black Screen is still black However every time it ultimately results in the computer completely locking up and I am forced to turn it off and back on I've scanned my entire PC multiple times with Malwarebytes Spyhunter MSE and others I used CCleaner to clean up my registry I made sure my video drivers are updated and windows update is all up to date as well None of that helped My video cards do tend to run hot when playing graphic intensive games but I've played for a long time like that with no issues I use in crossfire mode though despite multiple varifications saying its on and working I never see the nd card having any GPU Freeze/Hangs and Black Screen Load Though the st card never gets to load either Just in case that is the issue I just now took out the main card altogether and swapped it with the nd card Currently waiting for it to hang again as it appears completely random I use GPU-Z and Coretemp to monitor my temps If these aren't the best options or something else is needed I can download whatever programs and run whatever tests you Freeze/Hangs and Black Screen need for more info I'm pretty good with using computers in general but I have less experience troubleshooting an issue such as this so please try to be as clear as possible Please help Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/freeze-hangs-and-black-screen-714137.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello I am having problems with my computer which i cannot solve myself so i will describe my problem and i hope someone will help me The problem is that when working on the computer either playing World of Warcraft or watching movies facebook youtube that kinda stuff sometimes my screen freezes while the mouse cursor is still moving for another secs and the sound is still on then after those secs the mouse stops and the sound stops either and i get black screen on my monitor saying quot No Signal quot and i have to restart the computer so it goes back to work again I tried OCCT tests for the CPU and my VGA but i get no errors and normal temperatures I Black screen freeze then Computer tried Computer freeze then Black screen MemTest on my RAM and the first time i did it the computer crashed the same way it does after mins of the test the next day i started the test again and it ran smoothly for couple of hours with no errors So if anyone can help me with this problem I would be very grateful I dunno for sure if its Computer freeze then Black screen the RAM that is cosing the problems or anything else like the graphic card or something else My computer configuration is Motherboard Asus M N TD EVO CPU AMD Athlon II X GHz VGA Asus EAH Formula GB DDR RAM x GB DDR Mhz Kingston I'm looking forward to hearing from you

A:Computer freeze then Black screen

when testing the ram did you run memtest with one stick in at a time?

what is the make model and wattage of your power supply? if youdo not open the case and have a look at the label on the psu.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/computer-freeze-then-black-screen-577876.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello,
I bought this new computer 2 months ago and i've been having some problems.
It randomly freezes while playing games (mostly WoW) or just doing other things, first the picture freezes while the mouse is still working, then the sound and the mouse cursor stop and the screen goes black saying "No Signal" and after few seconds the computer restarts.
I have attached the last 2 minidump files (only have 2 since i re-installed the windows not long ago).
I bought a new PSU few weeks ago and still i get the same crashes.
My computer configuration is:
MB: Asus M4N98TD Evo
CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 260 3.2GHz
VGA: Asus EAH5750 1GB DDR5
RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz Kingston
HDD: WDC WD1600JS
PSU: Delux ATX 800W P4

Can you help me about this problem? Because at the moment i have no idea what might be causing the problems.
Thank you.

Relevancy 62.35%

I m running the latest screen HELP! Vista freeze! black Vista RC build I believe It has been Vista black screen freeze! HELP! running fine with no boot problems but then tonight I was burning a CD and it tried to write then froze on and I tried to access Windows explorer at the same time before it would allow me to navigate anything it froze and I could do nothing not even CTRL ALT DEL I was forced to turn off the computer at the tower Upon reboot it gets past the Windows Vista animated progress bar screen and then turns black and halts there It does nothing more I tried Safe Mode but when it s loading the files it halts on crcdisk sys and never moves I m pretty much stuck I unplugged every single USB device from the back of the machine as well no change I have made NO recent hardware or software installations If I could get back into Safe Mode I could at least run a system restore but as of right now it s not letting me do anything I don t use SATA drives or drivers so that is not an issue concerning crcdisk sys If no one knows anything by tomorrow afternoon I m going to go through the lengthy process of swapping hard drives with another PC and reinstalling Vista on a clean hard drive I really don t want to have to do this if it s not necessary Someone give me something else to try please Cheers nbsp

A:Vista black screen freeze! HELP!

Did you get an answer for this problem? I have the same problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-black-screen-freeze-help.520335/
Relevancy 61.49%

I run windows xp. I have 4 accounts set up: two admin and one each for my wife and grandson (These are not admin accounts) when my wife or grandson logs off, the computer often will switch to a black screen and it freezes. F drive is my main drive. Need help. Thanks I have tried deleting the non-admin accounts and re-establishing them to no avail. This is a repeat post.

Looking for help.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel Pentium III Xeon processor, x86 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 6
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3326 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6670, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 305234 MB, Free - 147823 MB; F: Total - 953859 MB, Free - 805067 MB; G: Total - 476929 MB, Free - 83979 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., P5N-D
Antivirus: Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-professional-logoff-freeze-and-black-screen.1109529/
Relevancy 61.49%

Recently I have been getting issues with BF3 and WoW since I installed the new NVIDIA graphics drivers. I've gotten BSODs as well as my PC randomly acting up. It works perfectly fine when I play games on a single monitor.

Sometimes all three screens just go into powersaving mode or something, but I can still hear Skype and music in the background but I dont see anything. A hard reset is required at this point.

A:NVIDIA Surround BF3 & WoW PC Freeze/Black Screen

If you're card/s are factory overclocked set them to reference clock speeds with MSI Afterburner & perform a clean install of the latest drivers (stay away from the beta drivers)

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/254805-nvidia-surround-bf3-wow-pc-freeze-black-screen.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello nbsp Recently i bought a Aspire nbsp V - G- YJ Windows bits with the latest bios and drivers nbsp Almost every time that the screen goes down because of inactivity when i try to wake up the laptop the keyboard leds turn on but the screen keeps black and seems like the pc freeze I have to screen black freeze V3-575G-72YJ force the shut nbsp down reboot using the turn on off nbsp V3-575G-72YJ black screen freeze button key on keyboard Also sometimes when i shut down the V3-575G-72YJ black screen freeze laptop using the option on windows the laptop also freeze and i need to force shut down with the button key on keyboard nbsp I did some research and i found nbsp that probably the problem is with the Intel's Management Engine driver it's on version I read that this version cause some problems of this kind I tried to do a downgrade to a older V3-575G-72YJ black screen freeze version or but i can't I guess that the bios or something like that is blocking it nbsp Can someone help me with nbsp this problem nbsp Thank you

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/V3-575G-72YJ-black-screen-freeze/td-p/426499/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello nbsp Recently i bought a Aspire nbsp V - G- YJ Windows bits with the latest bios and drivers nbsp Almost every time that the screen goes down because of inactivity when i try to wake up the laptop the keyboard leds turn on but the screen keeps black and seems like the pc freeze I have V3-575G-72YJ screen freeze black to force the shut nbsp down reboot using the turn on off nbsp button key on keyboard Also sometimes when i shut down the V3-575G-72YJ black screen freeze laptop using the option on windows the V3-575G-72YJ black screen freeze laptop also freeze and i need to force shut down with the button key on keyboard nbsp I did some research and i found nbsp that probably the problem is with the Intel's Management Engine driver it's on version I read that this version cause some problems of this kind I tried to do a downgrade to a older version or but i can't I guess that the bios or something like that is blocking it nbsp Can someone help me with nbsp this problem nbsp Thank you

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/V3-575G-72YJ-black-screen-freeze/m-p/426499
Relevancy 61.49%

I recently got a Zotac GTX sp AMP don t know what that means but dealer told me it is pre-overclocked It runs all the latest games fine Fallout Far Cry and the like but oddly enough it just kills my Warcraft TFT Here s the problem I 3 screen / Warcraft Artifact Black freeze d be playing it halfway and the screen will Warcraft 3 Artifact / Black screen freeze go black and after a long time about a minute or so it will return to the game fine This repeats Warcraft 3 Artifact / Black screen freeze itself every few minutes At this point if I alt-tab the same long black screen will occur again I was previously using an Ati card and thought there might be driver conflicts So I uninstalled the nVidia drivers got Driver Cleaner Pro and cleaned all Ati and nvidia drivers in safe mode I reinstalled the nVidia driver again and rebooted and went back to playing The same problem occured except that this time the graphics become all messed up upon returning from the long black screen See image Upon exit game desktop appears fine and works normally no artifacts GPU temperatures appear to be normal on idle on load I looked it up on the net and someone suggested a directx test dxdiag gt test directdraw and direct d In directdraw there are tests non-full screen and full screen test The non full screen tests run fine When it reached the rd test full screen test the same long black screen thing happened again but ultimately it passed Next was Direct d and the very first test is already a full screen one At this point it didn t continue I had to press the reset button because nothing was responding anymore It seems there are no absolute solution to this and therefore I am posting in hopes of getting some help from you all I also got a nv disp BSOD before I reinstalled the drivers but upon Driver Cleaner reinstall it didn t happen anymore Here are my specs Windows XP SP Gigabyte P -DS motherboard Intel C D E Ghz Kingston GB DDR RAM PC I think x GB Western Digital HDDs Zotac Geforce GTX sp AMP Samsung Syncmaster BW wide screen LCD monitor running x and Hz Feel free to ask for any additional info as required Do note that other newer more graphically demanding games run fine even after many hours of playing and alt-tabbing Fallout Far Cry Need for Speed Undercover I updated to the Nov DirectX c and it seemed to work yesterday but I just got my first long freeze in a game earlier Also upon update the dxdiag tests ran fine Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/warcraft-3-artifact-black-screen-freeze.776705/
Relevancy 61.49%

well it happens often (specially when i scroll... and strangely even more often in iTunes) that the pc freezes for a moment (though i can move the mouse pointer) after a few seconds the screen goes black and then everything works again...

i went to the eventviewer
no event

i went thousands of times with several spyware/adware programs through the entire computer
...well lots of spyware every time, but still nothing about my problem....

tried Norton
nothing

has anyone got an idea?

A:short freeze->black screen->normal again

Sounds like your monitor or your grafic caed is playing up.

I would delete monitor driver and reboot.If that doesnt help reinstal gafics card driver.

Edit- try a different monitor.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/short-freeze-black-screen-normal-again-66117.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Ok this started a few weeks ago while playing SWTOR all of a sudden out of no where my screen flashes black and quot windows blue quot and back black or times then just freezes no mouse no keyboard nothing my Black no error proof or any screen, freeze, computer is right at a year old I have an FX- and during these times its running at about - C max is C and at most around on or more cores there is nothing I can come up with why this is happening no reports no error codes everything seems to be running as good as day one I regularly clean the computer of dust atleast every other month When this happens I Black screen, freeze, no error or any proof am forced to do a hard shutdown start up until today has been very usual but today after it got to login screen it automatically bypassed my PW and logged me in and then crashed Confused and Scared its the MB or VC GTX Ti cant remember how to find out MB info Black screen, freeze, no error or any proof but ill get back to it asap

A:Black screen, freeze, no error or any proof

not to mention when it freezes to the black screen its got like little white lines randomly throughout the monitor.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/336492-black-screen-freeze-no-error-any-proof.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Sometimes when i boot i get a black screen with blinking cursor in the corner, or it freezes or its just really slow; this fluxuates every other week.

I recently removed a virus but it also occured prior to getting the virus.

Also, i replaced my ram sticks recently and powersupply last chirstmas if thats relavent.

Any ideas are appreciated, thank you.

Intel core 2 duo cpu
E4500 @2.2Ghz
4gb ddr2 ram
Radeon HD 5550, 1 gb ddr
Antec 500 wtt pwsupply
295 Gb HDD

A:Slow startup/ freeze/black screen

Hi Monk77,

Quote:

Also, i replaced my ram sticks recently and powersupply last chirstmas if thats relavent.

Was this just an upgrade that you wanted to do, or were you having these issues before as well?

You should also run a test on your RAM sticks with memtest86+ There are two ways to run the test, either from a CD or USB. You will need to burn the ISO to a CD and then boot to the CD and run at least 7 passes on each stick and in each slot (only the ones that are being used). There is an auto-installer for doing it via USB (again, you will have to change the boot order to boot to the USB if you choose this method)

Both downloads can be found halfway down the page. The reason that you should run it on one stick at a time, is so, if there is a fault with one of the sticks, then it's easy to figure out which one it is.

What programs do you have running at boot? What anti-virus are you running as well.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/slow-startup-freeze-black-screen-573015.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I booted up my computer days ago and logged in under my user name and there were no desktop icons or taskbar so I restarted my computer and tried every user Black Screen SAFE Freeze MODE XP still nothing I went to msconfig to restore it to a earlier point and when it restarted I went to my user name and still nothing so I went to msconfig again and booted it up in safe mode when it restarted right before the user names screen came up a black screen with quot SAFE MODE quot in all four corners pops up for about or seconds then the XP Black SAFE MODE Screen Freeze user name screen XP Black SAFE MODE Screen Freeze comes up with the ADMIN and the rest of the user names it doesn t matter what name I log in as it always goes to the same black Safe Mode screen as before but it will freeze there forever So I had to manually shut it down When it restarted I hit F to get it out of safe mode and chose restart computer normally then when it restarts the same exact thing thing happens I ve tried every option at the F selection screen So I put in a cd with Mepis Linux on it that my cousin gave me but I didn t install it I have been running it off the disk And I have no clue what to do next My Specs are AMD Athlon ghz Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack MB DDR GB Hard Drive ATI Radeon -Does anybody know how to do a system restore in Mepis Linux without reformatting the whole computer nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

Was in the middle of writing an email when my screen froze for a minute or so, then computer shut down. When restarting I get option to repair or start windows normally. If I start normally I just get black screen for a while then computer shuts down again.
Tried the repair option several times but still the same outcome.
I am able to boot into safe mode. I have run chkdsk /r and if found no problems. I have tried setting back to the last two restore points and no luck.
Samsung NP700Z5B laptop Windows 7 Home Premium.

A:Freeze - Black Screen - Can't Start Windows

could be a RAM defect. Try memtest86+, burn it on cd and boot from it for an overnight test

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/550705/freeze-black-screen-cant-start-windows/
Relevancy 61.49%

I first got SC at release and GAMES PC to Screen freeze/crash Black had issues GAMES freeze/crash PC to Black Screen with the GAMES freeze/crash PC to Black Screen game crashing I followed some forum threads and managed to get it fixed can't remember how Recently I got the Walking Dead game which crashed my computer just a few minutes into the game After a few attempts I turned down the graphics and was able to play the game Since then every time I've tried to play SC it has crashed The screen locks up changes to some funky colors and goes to a black screen Have to force shut down and boot it back up Since then I have updated drivers disassembled my PC and cleaned everything out with compressed air changed power supplies both Antec Ws added a nd hard drive from an older computer formatted everything reinstalled everything updated all drivers again downloaded Live Update from MSI website to update bios had some terrible issues with that which I won't go into for now but according to the updater the BIOS is up to date now I use SlimDrivers to update all my drivers System Specs from MSINFO OS - Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Version Build Model - MS- CPU - AMD Phenom tm II X Processor MHz RAM - GB DDR GPU - GeForce GTX GB Installed Drivers nvd dumx dll nvwgf umx dll nvwgf umx dll nvd dum nvwgf um nvwgf um I'm truly at a loss right now because I've tried everything I know to do Any help is appreciated Thanks

A:GAMES freeze/crash PC to Black Screen

I would suggest some hardware checks.

Warning
Before you proceed with the following, answer these two questions: Are you still under warranty? Does your warranty allow you to open up the machine to check hardware? If you are unsure of the answers to these questions, contact your system manufacturer. WARNING: The steps that follow can void your warranty!!!

If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

Monitor temperatures during the following tests. Use the following programs to monitor the temperatures. Real Temp is a good CPU temperature monitor.
Speccy - System Information - Free Download will monitor all hardware temperatures.
HWiNFO, HWiNFO32 & HWiNFO64 - Hardware Information and Analysis Tools can be inaccurate for CPU temperatures, but is a good program for GPU temperature monitoring.
Use FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net to test the graphics card GPU. Let it run until the GPU temperatures even out or until the GPU temperatures reach a dangerous level (you can find the max temperature for your card on either the nVidia or AMD sites; if you are not sure, ask us). The goal is to get a steady temperature, find out if the GPU is overheating, or to see if there are any artifacts present in the test itself: look for strange pixelated patterns on the screen or colors that do not look like they belong. Then use the |MG| Video Memory Stress Test 1.7.116 Download to test your graphics card memory. Let the memory test run for at least seven passes; the more the better.

Run Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95 to determine any hardware problems. Run all three tests for a few hours each. If you get errors, stop the test and post back here.

Follow the steps for doing CPU stress test using IntelBurnTest

Run the boot version of Memtest86+ paying close attention to Parts 2 and 3 of the tutorial. Also, in case Memtest86+ misses anything and comes up with no errors, run the extended version of the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool for at least five passes. These you may want to run overnight since they take a long time to complete (run them an hour before bed each of the next two nights and check before going to sleep that they are still running).

For Part 3: If You Have Errors: If you swap any memory components, follow these steps for ESD safety:Shut down and turn off your computer.
Unplug all power supplies to the computer (AC Power then battery for laptops, AC power for desktops)
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to close the circuit and ensure all power drains from components.
Make sure you are grounded by using proper grounding techniques, i.e. work on an anti-static workbench, anti-static desk, or an anti-static pad. Hold something metallic while touching it to the anti-static surface, or use an anti-static wristband to attach to the anti-static material while working.
Once these steps have been followed, it is safe to remove and replace components within your computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/229663-games-freeze-crash-pc-black-screen.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello Screen/Freeze Black when playing Games. I have started playing Guild Wars after the first couple of days my game started to freezing and black screen to desktop before going back into game to only black screen again At times my monitor would say no signal The problem disappeared for close to days and came back up again I've tried playing other games and the problem is similar freezing to desktop black screen and crashing to desktop During the black screen to desktop I would get 'Display driver stopped responding and has recovered' I have updated to a few different drivers including the latest stable driver from Nvidia but the problem still exists I have ran VMT for passes with no errors Prime Small FFTs for over hours with no errors Running FurMark the test does complete when I run BenchMark user's setting when I do the Burn In-Test Black Screen/Freeze when playing Games. everything looks okay Black Screen/Freeze when playing Games. until my GPU hits c The computer would shut off then Though when I play games my gpu varies between to c Guild Wars Dump File when not responding https files Gw rar I have rebooted windows but the problem still exists I've had this computer for just over years now Specs Operating System Microsoft Windows Ultimate -bit CPU Intel Core i GHz C Lynnfield nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P P D LE LGA C Graphics SMB HD x Hz MB GeForce GTX nVidia C Currently using Beta Drivers Audio NVIDIA High Definition Audio Does anyone have any ideas of what the problem is Or if I can do anything else to determine the problem UPDATE I got a blackscreen while watching a video on youtube 'Display driver stopped responding and has recovered' Thanks for the time and help dump file ATTACH SF ATTACH

A:Black Screen/Freeze when playing Games.

Welcome aboard, Laughing.

Please post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions so that we may have the necessary information that we need to help you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/254341-black-screen-freeze-when-playing-games.html
Relevancy 61.49%

yesterday when my l d did not work black screen vertical line freeze for the first time i posted in the l d forums Vertical line freeze whole system crashes - Steam Users' Forums but the problem is different now It used to be that whenever i played the game for - minutes it froze and i would do a hard reset Then i updated my drivers to Today's released catalyst it still wouldnt work so i forgot about teh game and i was watching freeze! screen/vertical line Black a youtube video but it seems that the problem has branched out of the game and into the os In the middle of the youtube video the freeze happens I restarted Black screen/vertical line freeze! and opened firefox but i forgot about my youtube tab so it froze again but this time it froze immediately when the page loaded now i Black screen/vertical line freeze! downgraded back to drivers and installed directx i tried dusting out the fan and doing many other things as stated in the other l d thread but it doesnt work help i'm out of warranty i have an HP laptop dv - ca with ATI Mobility Radeon HD Black screen/vertical line freeze! i read on the amd site that someone with the same problem updated his network drivers because it conflicted with his audio drivers and then it worked for him FOr me my network drivers are already updated and the thing is this problem happened randomly Before i had this freezing problem i did a presentation of an ISU and i put my laptop beside a projector which emiitted great heat when i was done the laptop was very hot screen fan hole area could this be the cause that ruined my whole computer should i try a restore point to am when i presented it was pm from the until now ive tried various fixes which made things worse

A:Black screen/vertical line freeze!

Well, yes, heat kills hardware. However, if that projector had been so hot, your laptop would have at least restarted, if not turned off, in order to save itself from potential damage from the heat.
There are some programs for monitoring your laptop temperatures, you can use them to check if the problem occurs because of overheating (SpeedFan and Core Temp).

If the problem has something to do with your drivers and the restore point is before you have updated for example your Display Driver, then you could first try running in safe mode and see if the problem still occurs. If no, restore your system, it won't delete any files, it will only return your registry and drivers to earlier state.

That you are out of warranty shouldn't stop you from taking your laptop for diagnostics. You will have to have money of course, but at least they will fix the problem ; )

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/140576-black-screen-vertical-line-freeze.html
Relevancy 61.49%

lately my computer just been freezing with a black screen and having issues with BSOD

A:BSOD and sometimes black screen freeze by just using computer

Hello anonymousmurder, Welcome to SF

First off if your OCing in anyway stop, return everything to stock settings for the purposes of testing

If you havent already, fill in your system specs so we know what we are dealing with
System Info - See Your System Specs

Run some scans to check against virus or infection
Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller
Windows Defender Offline

Run some basic hardware tests
RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Disk Check (windows based check)
Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure (bootable disk check)

OK thats the general stuff now down to specifics
1st dump reports BugCode 0x1 BSOD Index and doesnt give us a great deal to go on as its quite unusual and blames the driver AgileVpn.sys which is a driver from windows update so cannot really cause a BSOD

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *
BugCheck 1, {73732e09, 0, 1, fffff8800ebe2ca0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiSystemServiceExit+245 )
---------
4: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *
APC_INDEX_MISMATCH (1)
This is a kernel internal error. The most common reason to see this
bugcheck is when a filesystem or a driver has a mismatched number of
calls to disable and re-enable APCs. The key data item is the
Thread->CombinedApcDisable field. This consists of two separate 16-bit
fields, the SpecialApcDisable and the KernelApcDisable. A negative value
of either indicates that a driver has disabled special or normal APCs
(respectively) without re-enabling them; a positive value indicates that
a driver has enabled special or normal APCs (respectively) too many times.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000073732e09, Address of system call function or worker routine
Arg2: 0000000000000000, Thread->ApcStateIndex
Arg3: 0000000000000001, (Thread->SpecialApcDisable << 16) | Thread->KernelApcDisable
Arg4: fffff8800ebe2ca0, Call type (0 - system call, 1 - worker routine)
Debugging Details:
------------------

FAULTING_IP:
+0
00000000`73732e09 c3 ret
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1
PROCESS_NAME: ccsvchst.exe
LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff800030da569 to fffff800030dafc0
STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0ebe2a68 fffff800`030da569 : 00000000`00000001 00000000`73732e09 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000001 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0ebe2a70 fffff800`030da4a0 : 00000000`00000000 fffff880`0ebe2ca0 00000000`00000000 fffff800`033c0be3 : nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69
fffff880`0ebe2bb0 00000000`73732e09 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiSystemServiceExit+0x245
00000000`0325f068 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0x73732e09

STACK_COMMAND: kb
FOLLOWUP_IP:
nt!KiSystemServiceExit+245
fffff800`030da4a0 4883ec50 sub rsp,50h
SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 2
SYMBOL_NAME: nt!KiSystemServiceExit+245
MODULE_NAME: nt
IMAGE_NAME: ntkrnlmp.exe
DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 503f82be
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1_SysCallNum_4_nt!KiSystemServiceExit+245
BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1_SysCallNum_4_nt!KiSystemServiceExit+245
---------
2nd dump BugCheck 0x3B... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/271637-bsod-sometimes-black-screen-freeze-just-using-computer.html
Relevancy 61.49%

My XPS 15 9550 - quad core i5 freezes randomly - the screen will turn black (or grey), but not the windows BSOD. I have to hold the power button to force shutdown and reboot the laptop when this happens.
Tried updating all drivers, not helpful, clean installed windows 10, didn't help.
This could happen anytime, even at the time I'm not touch my laptop, or running anything.

Seems to be driver related or hardware.. anyone have some issues? 

A:XPS 15 9550 Freeze randomly - Black screen

I had the exact same issue yesterday, was on the phone with Dell support for 2 hours and they couldn't figure out why, the final decision was they were going to replace the motherboard as they thought it was more likely a hardware issue than a software one.
Question, did you use the new TB15 dock with your 9550 as I'm trying to figure out if the failure is related to using the dock to provide power. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19674929
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi everyone,

I've recently discovered a weird error on my operating system. When I boot up my system the window-loading screen usually takes around (20-25seconds), then followed by a 10seconds pitch black screen before showing the
blue-welcome screen.

And in here, my computer would sometimes *completely froze* disabling any mouse/keyboard interactions.
So far, the problem fixes itself whenever I do a reboot, it happens approximately 1 in every 3 boot up.

I've actually did a repair window with CD, and then it caused many other problems with my graphics cards, etc.... but now that I've fixed all that... it came back to this again.

A:Random freeze on XP welcome screen

Perform a hard drive check using instructions found here:
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic51365.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-freeze-on-xp-welcome-screen.176845/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello everybody I am experiencing what seems to be the most persistent of problems weeks ago i ordered a new system spec below and assembled it myself After about a week the first screen freeze occurred I ran a memtest screen Random freeze and this gave a lot of errors I tried running memtest with only one memory bank in slot and Random screen freeze by Random screen freeze process of elimination I figured it had to be a corrupt memory bank So I replaced it After replacing it I ran another memtest and this came out clean days later a screen freeze occurred again These freezes always seem to be happening when im either downloading surfing the internet or playing online games But apart from that they seem completely random I thought it might be a driver issue so to be thorough i Random screen freeze completely reinstalled windows with all its drivers and formatted my hard drive But the problem is still occurring I also noticed that the system is becoming noticeably slower I really feel like im in over my head so please any help would be greatly appreciated Jaap Spec OS windows ultimate processor Intel Core i - K s GHz Quad-Core MB RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR MHz x GB V Power supply Cooler Master M Watt Motherboard ASUS P H -V Videocard EVGA Geforce GTX HD DS GB PCI- -P -KR Hard disk WD HI quot TB SATA Temperatures CPU Celcius Motherboard Celcius Voltages Vcore V V V V V V V nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

O.K. in Windows 7 if my screen froze up i had no control over mouse or keyboard i pushed control alt and delete was able to go to log in screen,either restart,shutdown or use task manager close a program might be giving me this issue.It seems for me in Windows 8 this does not work anymore,causing me to unplug power on PC which can cause bad sectors to increase on HDD.Does someone know how to do this without having to shutdown improperly like i do?

A:random screen freeze up

Well says control+alt+delete in most searches for the way,wonder why did not work for me then,when i needed it,which does not freeze up often.Well it worked now i tried when computer was not freezing up,i tried it again,which is not often.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/32320-random-screen-freeze-up.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Please help...

Windows XP SP3

I have often error on my laptop, suddenly my windows screen is black and freeze.

Details error:

source: system error
event id: 1003

description:
Error code 100000c5, parameter1 5776414a, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 805515a1.

how to fix it?

A:Error Windows XP - suddenly black screen and freeze

"suddenly my windows screen is black and it freezes"...

What are you doing when the laptop freezes? Does the freezing show after some time? If so, the laptop may be overheating

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-windows-xp-suddenly-black-screen-and-freeze.174387/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi Gentlemen As my title post says it Freezing Freeze crash and i (Racin black rFactor run screen when Black Screening and Crashing when i am racing I racing using rFactor i got the impression it is from my video card but i am really not shure Freeze black screen and crash when i run rFactor (Racin Thank for the help i really dont know where to start Signature du probl me Nom d v nement de probl me BlueScreen Version du syst me Identificateur de param tres r gionaux Informations suppl mentaires sur le probl me BCCode BCP BCP E C FC BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Fichiers aidant d crire le probl me C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Denis AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Signature du probl me Nom d v nement de probl me BlueScreen Version du syst me Identificateur de param tres r gionaux Informations suppl mentaires sur le probl me BCCode BCP C BCP F BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Fichiers aidant d crire le probl me C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Denis AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml

A:Freeze black screen and crash when i run rFactor (Racin

Translation

Quote:
Problem signature:
Event Name problem: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 3084

BCCode: 124
BCP1: 00000000
BCP2: 86E2C8FC
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C: \ Windows \ Minidump \ 121809-17643-01.dmp
C: \ Users \ Denis \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ WER-28376-0.sysdata.xml

Hi DC Welcome to SF ,

Please post the dump file
http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...d-problem.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/47859-freeze-black-screen-crash-when-i-run-rfactor-racin.html
Relevancy 61.06%

With Help from this forum about three months ago I was able to troubleshoot and fix issues with a defective installed Video Driver, but starting about a week ago once again I've been getting BSOD and also freeze-ups [without BSOD] that go to a Black Screen and then I need to reboot.

I had installed the latest Adobe flash upgrade minutes before this crash, after reboot system recommended a boot-up files fix from the menu that went on to restored the previous 'restore-point' configuration, apparently Flash was uninstalled [as Adobe/Flash requested a new install right after the reboot], unfortunately even so the system crashed a minute after again, this time I got a BSOD that reported something related to a Driver, unfortunately I forgot to do a screen-grab.

Hopefully this latest BSOD file dump is uploaded here, Could some one take a look and see which driver or what else could be causing a problem now?

Thanks

A:Sporatic BSOD and Black Screen Freeze-ups/Crash

Hi mackado,

I'm going to need 1 more log file to deduce the problem.

Please follow the steps below:
Go to: Start > Type: msconfig.exe - Press Enter
Go to the tab 'Boot'
Bottom of the window there are check-boxes, tick the one called 'Boot log'
Press Apply/OK
Shutdown the PC
Wait 10 seconds
Turn on PC
Go to - C:\Windows and find a file called ntbtlog.txt
Upload this file to this thread
Once you have uploaded the file, I will take a look and we'll see what we can do from there.

MistUnleashed

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/372690-sporatic-bsod-black-screen-freeze-ups-crash.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello... hope someone can help me.

I previously had a problem and it turned out to be a driver, everything has been running fine since then... up until now.

Runnning windows 7 and getting BSOD, a plain blue screen or blackscreen then quickly freezes up with a blank screen.

To best of my knowledge all drivers are updated.

Computer is Hewlett-Packard h8-1114 2.00
3.10 gigahertz Intel Core i5-2400
256 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
6144 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (4 total)
Not hyper-threaded
Seems to only happen when I have firefox open, I tried clearing cache....no luck. Tried starting with fresh window, still crashes.

I ran the DM log colector v1.2 and attached the file.

Thank you very much,

Scott

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/395301-getting-bsod-just-blue-screen-black-sceen-then-freeze.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello everyone I recently got a PC that my office was getting rid of The PC was HELP! During Screen During Freeze Shutdown & Black Games on Hang in great shape and I was told it worked fine HELP! Hang on Black Screen During Shutdown & Freeze During Games when they gave it to me They ripped out the hard drive HELP! Hang on Black Screen During Shutdown & Freeze During Games and gave me the machine As soon as I got it I put a brand new Tb Seagate HDD in I also replaced the existing HELP! Hang on Black Screen During Shutdown & Freeze During Games RAM x Gb sticks with x Gb sticks with the memory speed to match my motherboard Finally I swapped out the ATI Radeon HD XT with a Nvidia Geforce GTX There was a sound card PCI I removed as well as a redundant fire-wire port I unhooked from the Mobo I then booted and performed a fresh install of Windows bit Pro Everything seemed to be going fine until I tried to shut down Windows would freeze on the Shutting Down screen I mean freeze because the spinning circle would stop and the entire machine was unresponsive I read online that pre-Service Pack Windows didn t like multi-core processors and would have issues shutting down so I updated to SP along with a bunch of other updates Now when I try to shut down the Shutting Down screen disappears and the signal to the monitor ends however the machine stays on I can hear the fans running and see the lights to the PCI cards still on Once again I have no option but to hold the power button until it shuts down I have looked up and down many forums with plenty of people posting but none of their solutions worked One extra note I double checked every driver and they are all up to day Also when I boot in Safe Mode the PC shuts down fine and I have no problem restarting just shutting down Here is where it gets worse I tried to play Starcraft and after a short period min the entire computer froze up I looked in the event viewer after rebooting and saw no error around the time the freeze occurred However I did see three other errors The ScRegSetValueExW call failed for FailureActions with the following error Access is denied - and - The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly - and - The previous system shutdown at PM on amp amp amp was unexpected Additionally I tried running Starcraft II with the absolute minimum settings and the same result occurred previously my default was high ultra I have attached my dxdiag and my mgadiag I could really use some advice for how to address this problem Thanks for reading nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-hang-on-black-screen-during-shutdown-freeze-during-games.1073309/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi all,

I'm new to the site. Taking a look around, it seems you guys know everything , so here goes...

Over the last few months, I've noticed that about a fourth of the time, when I or one of my family members either logs off or fast-switches users, the screen goes black, and no combination of mouse-clicking or key-pressing will bring the screen back. We just have to restart the system, and then it's fine.

Typically, this happens when more than one of us is logged on, but not always. We upgraded to SP2 a very long time ago, and this issue was *supposed* to be fixed in the service pack. However, this problem seemed to start independently of any major update.

Edit: Luckily, this has never happened when any program was running with unsaved data, so we haven't lost anything by rebooting.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
celloblaze

A:[SOLVED] Black Screen/Freeze when switching users?

hello celloblaze,

mike here,

okay just to ask a few questions to get an idea !

what type of spyware /antivirus scanners are you useing ?

are you doing all your updates ( express/ custom )at windows updates ?

are you also updating your drivers ?

have you done a system file check ( windows installation cd required ?

also do you scan each user for spyware /viruses/ maleware ect...... ?

have you done a scandisk ?

what type of errors are you getting ?

are you shutting down all open programs befor switching ?

you see there are many factors that can contribute to one problem also if you could give more details about your computer this would help as in ( make / model / age / laptop /desktop /software a upgrade or full version, factory install or user install)

all we can do is try !!!!!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-black-screen-freeze-when-switching-users-169696.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi Tech Support Guy This is a long story so I will try to keep to the facts and things that may be useful to anyone willing to help Also I wasn t sure what logs to include so you can flame me for what you need Basically it started about Months ago I d get a random black screen every week or some nothing too major and I discounted it In the past month it has become much worse Every time I turn on the computer within mins of using it the video drivers will crash I mean they will crash and possibly recover like secs later or it will stay black screened and eventually reset Also the computer Screen/Driver on Black Crash/Freeze Boot will sometimes hang at boot indisciminately it will freeze on boot in safe mode menu in bios menu when the windows icon is loading Anywhere and any time it can black screen freeze Iv e also noticed that sometimes the computer will turn on and a dos like interface will come up with the blinking space looking thing and just sits there can t type or anything Its like it is failing to boot anything and just hanging What Ive Done Now before you give me all Black Screen/Driver Crash/Freeze on Boot the obvious answers im quite literate at computers I ve tried installing the most up to date video drivers tried rolling back to stable drivers I ve tried to remove drivers with driversweep in safemode and reinstall new ones Iv e tried it all tested different RAM run memtest run all kinds of diagnostics All will either freeze during the test or complete with no issues This had led me to believe that the problem doesn t lie with the Graphics card but with possibly the power supply or Mobo Months ago I was having BSODS so Umart my local replaced the graphics card to a GTX for me Ive also noticed after a freeze and rest I might not even be able to boot the computer for - hours It will turn on and no signal will be sent to the monitor Just hangs Whats really bothering me is the complete randomness It may work perfectly one hour and explode the next ANY help would be very much appreciated at im at wits end freezing every mins losing work games and vital university work Sorry for the illiterate typing and rage factor I m at the capacity of my technical knowledge here and really require some assistance I know your going to need my computer specs and other kinds of diagnosis information tell me what you need and I ll be happy to post anything Any program you want run and any test I just really want this fixed Thanks Reuben EDIT I did clean off my computer fix up desktop and do a run through with CCleaner and surprisingly that helped Did that couple weeks back and continue to do it although altely it hasn t helped at all EDIT I also about months back bought some new grease for my CPU and reattached it thinking this would solve the problem It did not nbsp

A:Black Screen/Driver Crash/Freeze on Boot

If it freezes entering the BIOS, there is a hardware issue.

List your full hardware specs.

You can test the HDD using the drive manufacturers disk tools available from their website.
You can test the RAM using Memtest86

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-driver-crash-freeze-on-boot.1002670/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi guys I m new to these forums But I No Please blue Random Freeze / - Screen help ve subscribed because I really need help with a computer problem I ve tried everything but it still persists Here we go I have a Dell gaming PC using Random Freeze / No blue Screen - Please help Vista It freezes randomly I mean the mouse and keyboard don t work Not even the numlock key Usually it seems to happen when I m on the internet watching videos mostly but it still happens on other occasions There is no blue screen Random Freeze / No blue Screen - Please help to have at least some sort of clue as Random Freeze / No blue Screen - Please help to the cause of this My little work-around solution to this is to wait for a while after starting up Windows so that all the programs are completely loaded and not still processing I ve noticed some improvement by doing this but still it ends up crashing at some point anyway Besides I shouldn t have to wait everytime i turn my computer on I have to turn of off the comp by pressing the power button everytime it happens Now I ve already called Dell and they made me scan the hardware for problems using their tool that you can use at start up There was no problem Memory scan was okay and all Now they re telling me that it s a software problem but to have them solve it it costs a lot of money So I ve lived with this problem for a few months because I can t afford to fix it with their service it doesn t seem to mess up my data but it s annoying I m using McAfee I m suspecting maybe this one is responsable but I d like to have a good way figuring out the cause of the freeze Do you guys know if there are diagnosis tools I can use Or maybe what could be causing the freeze I ve tried disabling stuff in IE and installing Firefox instead but it still does it I ve tried a lot of stuff So I hope I ve been clear in my description I m pretty familiar with computers and stuff Usually I try everything I can and I do some research before asking anyone else nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

Hi ive been getting alot of problems recently with random spikes of lag which freeze and jitter my pc for 3-4 seconds before returning to normal , this only occurs while playing games. Not sure if this is a temperature issue as its currently running at around 60-70 degrees on both the cpu and motherboard

I recently opened my pc to clean and remove dust when this first started occurring and this did no solve it , im not sure whats going wrong so any guidance would be appreciated .

Specs :

Amd Phenom x4 9650
ASRock k10n78m
ATI radeon hd 5770
4gb ram ddr2
Windows 7 32bit

Not the best pc in the world but has ran perfectly until recently on all games , so not sure if i need to invest in some cooling stuff or what im not sure.

A:Random FPS drops and screen freeze

Your issue is most likely heat related.

Boot into the BIOS and post the temp and voltage readings.

What program are you using to monitor the temps in Windows?

Install HWMonitor and post a screenshot of the temps at idle and under load.

If your temps are still high after cleaning then it may be time to clean and re-apply some thermal paste.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-fps-drops-and-screen-freeze-649510.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello everyone, how are you all doing?

So, I recently updated my system to windows 10 in hope of ending all the BSODs and glitches I was getting with my windows 7....

It all started very well, but after a little while the BSOD started all over again and a lot of screen freezing... Totally randomed... Even when computer was left alone, downloading or something, the screen freezes...

Anyone can help?

Attached is log collector

Tks

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/46362-random-bsod-screen-freeze.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I just brought a new pc with win 7 pre-installed. Systems goes very well and never have problem except when I gaming. The screen will randomly freeze and require a hard reset. I tried to reinstall the graphic driver several times but it doesn't help at all.

Event log seems recorded some kind of kernel error.

Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit
AMD 7750 Graphic Card
Asus P8Z77V-LX motherboard
Intel i3450 Processor
8GB Kingston RAM
1TB WD Hard disk

I am very frustrated and hope someone could help figure out what's the problem.

A:Random Screen Freeze while gaming

Update your video card drivers.
Here is a video on how to update your video card drivers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCpUC33pVXQ
Also contact your manufacturer.
Starbeetle

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/238480-random-screen-freeze-while-gaming.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello!

I've built a new desktop recently and have been experiencing random freezes from time to time where my entire screen just freezes and the only remedy is to force restart my computer by holding down the power button.

The only thing I have noticed is whenever this happens, two of the same error/warning seem to pop up into my event log:

Event #1: Error
"Audit events have been dropped by the transport.  0"

Error #2: Warning
"Intel® Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V
 Network link is disconnected."

I have no idea if these have any relevance to the freezing, but I hope I will be able to find some help here as it seems to be very persistent
In fact, my computer froze while I was typing the last sentence...

Thanks in advance!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/627379/windows-10-random-screen-freeze/
Relevancy 60.2%

Recently with the release of Mist of Pandaria whenever I play WoW my computer will freeze and and screen will go black for a period of time some times for seconds sometimes for minutes Sometimes it just keeps that way And a few times it goes into BSOD with the error quot Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed quot As far as screen or Freeze/Black Warcraft of BSOD Playing World I can tell it's either a bad driver og something's wrong with the GPU Freeze/Black screen or BSOD Playing World of Warcraft But it's the only game that causes this and I've updated the display driver so I'm completely lost It might be important to include that my GPU is stable at usage when Freeze/Black screen or BSOD Playing World of Warcraft I'm in-game but not overheating I've included the Dump Files any bright minds out there that can solve this one for me Specs MB Gigabyte GA-Z AP-D ATX LGA GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti CPU Intel Core i - k RAM GB Kingston DDR HyperX MHz HDD SAMSUNG HD LJ amp WDC WD EARX- PASB Best regards Oliver

A:Freeze/Black screen or BSOD Playing World of Warcraft

Hi

For monitoring the heat/celsius of the system, use Speccy or HWinfo:Speccy - System Information - Free Download
CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting
Go through the steps on this thread and let us know if you're able to find the problem.STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 116, {fffffa8012452010, fffff8800fda8630, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+ade630 )

---------

1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa8012452010, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff8800fda8630, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: ffffffffc000009a, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000004, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
nvlddmkm+ade630
fffff880`0fda8630 4055 push rbp

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`061a1a48 fffff880`04500000 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`12452010 fffff880`0fda8630 ffffffff`c000009a : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`061a1a50 fffff880`044d3867 : fffff880`0fda8630 fffffa80`0f734000 00000000`00000000 ffffffff`c000009a : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`061a1a90 fffff880`044ffe0f : fffffa80`ffffd84d ffffffff`fffe7960 fffffa80`12452010 00000000`00000000 : dxgkrnl!DXGADAPTER::Reset+0x2a3
fffff880`061a1b40 fffff880`045ceec1 : fffffa80`120f1010 00000000`00000080 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0f6a4010 : dxgkrnl!TdrResetFromTimeout+0x23
fffff880`061a1bc0 fffff800`03f1ffee : 00000000`fffffc32 fffffa80`0f8f0770 fffffa80`0ca11b30 fffffa80`0f8f0770 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWorkerThread+0x101
fffff880`061a1c00 fffff800`03c765e6 : fffff800`03dfae80 fffffa80`0f8f0770 fffff800`03e08cc0 fffff880`01442cb0 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`061a1c40 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiStartSystemThread+0x16
STACK_COMMAND: .bugcheck ; kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nvlddmkm+ade630
fffff880`0fda8630 4055 push rbp

SYMBOL_NAME: nvlddmkm+ade630

MODULE_NAME: nvlddmkm

IMAGE_NAME: nvlddmkm.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 506b3099

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys

---------

1: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm
start end module name
fffff880`0f2ca000 fffff880`0ffbe000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Wed Oct 03 00:21:13 2012 (5... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/260425-freeze-black-screen-bsod-playing-world-warcraft.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello Everyone

Recently my HDD was replaced in my pc due to it was faulty (couldn't boot).
I got a new one and redownloaded my games, but now i have a decrease in FPS in most games and the newer ones (Rome 2, AC4 etc.) have large FPS drops and crashes to a black screen with flickering sound after a few minutes. This forces me to restart my pc manually. I initailly thought it was due to overheating, and i cleaned my computer, which cured some of the FPS drops, but the games still crash after a few minutes.
Does anybody know why this happens?
I have attached a zip folder containing the results from: DxDiag and MSINFO32.

Any help would be appritiatied, thanks!

Relevancy 60.2%

For some reason at random times like not occasionally like rarly my laptop screen freezes/distorts/goes black I have vista ult 32 bit i have drivers and all installed from my dell vostro 1000 disc all drivers work/installed but why does this happen at random?

A:Random Screen Distrotions Cause Laptop To Freeze

Should I just go back to vista home premium or that won't resolve it would it?

and also I had vlc media player a movie playin full screen when it happened

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/151409/random-screen-distrotions-cause-laptop-to-freeze/
Relevancy 60.2%

New here. Please advise if additional info or different format is needed. I've been experiencing video freeze up after resuming Windows from Sleep Mode on a new Win 7 x64 install.

When powered back up, machine says windows has recovered from an unexpected error and details indicate blue screen occurred.

Experimented with Windbg by examiing the four dump files provided here. All four indicate that "AuthenticAMD is probably the culprit. Does this suggest the CPU itself is failing? I notice this is a 124 error. I keep seeing as I read up on this that that means a hardware failure.

I have run Memtest 8 Passes without errors.

I have run Prime95 for an hour and a half with no errors.

I have performed sfc /scannow and found no integrity violations.

I've attached the ouput file from you Diagnostic tool and am assuming it provides all necessary information.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Eddie

A:Screen Freeze at Random Times on New Win 7 install

I see my post has been viewed 186 times with no replies. I must not be following the proper protocol. Can someone advise if I should revise, add information, etc?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/269714-screen-freeze-random-times-new-win-7-install.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a Gateway NV A AMD Phenom X N ATI Mobility Radeon HD and GB DDR Memory and GB HDD I am running Windows bit It crashes basically whenever computer goes to sleep mode and when I try to hit enter and Freeze Crashes Screen Random and Blue and wake up the system from sleep mode I get this blue screen issue and below is what I get Blue Screen and Random Crashes and Freeze Any suggestions please And also I have no background in computers that much So some step by step instructions would be very much helpful So for now I have did system restore but I suspect the problem is not entirely fixed Thanks in advance Jason Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode f BCP BCP BCP F BCP FFFFF E OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Punukollu AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml And also can you please let me know as to how can I send these files to you since I couldn t find Blue Screen and Random Crashes and Freeze it Any help is very much appreciated

A:Blue Screen and Random Crashes and Freeze

We need to know more about your BSODs...Download BlueScreenView (in Zip file)No installation required.Unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program and When scanning is done, go to Edit > Select All.Then go to File > Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.Compliments of Broni

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/418231/blue-screen-and-random-crashes-and-freeze/
Relevancy 60.2%

Things have been acting weird on Freeze first screen got Random my mins 5 blue ago and my computer after I opened up a file attachment from my professor I generally do not trust the computer systems at my school but like a fool I opened the attachment anyways I immediately got this bad feeling and ran malewarebytes Malewarebytes found a kind of key logging software and i forget the name of it I googled it and ran through a tutorial on how to remove it However I do not think I removed everything and I fear the worst As far as a specific Random Freeze and got my first blue screen 5 mins ago message is concerned I do not think that I am getting one Unless you want a picture of the blue screen I am not exactly sure what Random Freeze and got my first blue screen 5 mins ago else to do DDS txt is as follows DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Tyra Banks at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated AD D -BA - C - - A AD B SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP avast Antivirus Enabled Updated ACCC CA - C - C - B -AFE D E Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe C Windows system svchost exe Random Freeze and got my first blue screen 5 mins ago -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Belkin Router Setup and Monitor BelkinService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows SysWOW svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi LMIGuardianSvc exe C Program Files x AVG SafeGuard toolbar AVG-Secure-Search-Update MAY TB exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NVIDIA Update Core daemonu exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows SysWOW PnkBstrA exe C Windows SysWOW PnkBstrB exe C ProgramData Skype Toolbars Skype C C Service c c service exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- -ui exe C Windows system svchost exe -k HPService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows WindowsMobile wmdc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k WindowsMobile C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NVIDIA Update Core NvTmru exe C Program Files x DAEMON Tools Lite DTLite exe C Program Files x Winamp winampa exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files x Logitech G G exe C Program Files Rainmeter Rainmeter exe C Program Files HTC ModeSelection VMMModeSelection exe C Program Files x Belkin Router Setup and Monitor BelkinRouterMonitor exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files x SteelSeries World of Warcraft reg MMO Gaming Mouse Legendary Edition WoWMHID exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast avastui exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files x Belkin Router Setup and Monitor Be... Read more

A:Random Freeze and got my first blue screen 5 mins ago

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number). Please downloadJunkware Removal Tool to your Desktop.Please close your security software to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or 7, right-mouse click it and select Run as administrator.The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete, depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your Desktop and will automatically open.Please post the contents of JRT.txt into your reply.===Please restart the computer before running this security check.Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.p.s.If the SecurityCheck program fails to run for any reason, run it as an Administrator.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM.Let me know what problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/513761/random-freeze-and-got-my-first-blue-screen-5-mins-ago/
Relevancy 60.2%

I don't get a BSOD, just a system crash. Screen freezes in place and no response from keyboard/mouse. My computer was freezing before with the onboard video card I had, so I swapped it out for an Asus HD4350. It used to crash with a blue screen with lines on it. Since the installation of the new card, it just freezes. So I think it's the video card.

Minidump attached!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

A:Get random screen freeze/system crash

It does look like a video card issue. Try updating your card drivers.

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Jonathan\Desktop\012010-32557-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*Symbol information
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (2 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02e19000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`03056e50
Debug session time: Wed Jan 20 15:49:36.009 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:25:10.570
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for dxgkrnl.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dxgkrnl.sys
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 116, {fffffa80047d9010, fffff88003a9bf68, 0, 2}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+12f68 )

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa80047d9010, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff88003a9bf68, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000002, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
OVERLAPPED_MODULE: Address regions for 'atikmdag' and 'atikmdag.sys' overlap

FAULTING_IP:
atikmdag+12f68
fffff880`03a9bf68 48895c2408 mov qword ptr [rsp+8],rbx

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`066e49c8 fffff880`042b4ef8 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`047d9010 fffff880`03a9bf68 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`066e49d0 00000000`00000116 : fffffa80`047d9010 fffff880`03a9bf68 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 : dxgkrnl+0x5cef8
fffff880`066e49d8 fffffa80`047d9010 : fffff880`03a9bf68 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 : 0x116
fffff880`066e49e0 fffff880`03a9bf68 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0xfffffa80`047d9010
fffff880`066e49e8 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff880`042b4c02 : atikmdag+0x12f68
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
atikmdag+12f68
fffff880`03a9bf68 48895c2408 mov qword p... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/65018-get-random-screen-freeze-system-crash.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi this is my first post Log On Before Screen Screen? Black Freeze in this forum all the problems i ve had with the computer i ve been able to repair them myself but this time I really need help from someone more knowledgable I have a laptop Compaq Black Screen Freeze Before Log On Screen? Presario Pentium Windows XP Ghz Ram My computer freezes into a black screen or empty screen whatever you may call it it happens after the Windows XP logo with the loading bar below it and before the log on screen which of course i haven t been able to get to It just stays black in safe mode it just starts loading all these things like drivers like a list of things and then stops and freezes like that and last known configuration doesn t work either and it doesn t respond to anything i do with the keyboard I asked a friend to make some boot disks for me and he gave me floppy disks I tried using them and after loading all of them Black Screen Freeze Before Log On Screen? and following the steps at disk it gives me the options to install XP go to the recovery console and to exit I tried first the recovery console and it just asks me quot Which Windows installation would you like to log onto C WINDOWS quot then i wrote and pressed enter and nothing happened it seem it froze like that too I don t have the Windows XP CDROM so i cant install anything i could try getting one but still i m at the point that i don t know if getting it would help me or if there is a way to use these floppies to repair whatever error the computer has Thats why I ask if somebody could give me some directions i would greatly appreciate any help don t matter if its just a small suggestion i ve had the computer in this state for two weeks with no signs of hope so any help would be really great Thanks much in advance

A:Black Screen Freeze Before Log On Screen?

Welcome to Bleeping Computer!

It seems to me, and you might want to wait until others weigh in on your situation, that you have a problem with the video driver.

When Windows starts it uses a generic driver for the video. Then it loads another driver while booting up. It seems that this is when you lose your screen.

Hmmmmmm.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/49794/black-screen-freeze-before-log-on-screen/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi i m axl and i m quite desperate about the actual situation of my only windows installation i hope that someone here can help understand the problem because i ve been working hours trying almost every with lower Ultimate black 7 Windows Boot logo with screen freeze single fix with every single combination i could find on internet pc specs notebook hp pavillion dv entertainment no battery using o s specs windows ultimate edition x last operating scenario i was happily Boot freeze with black screen with lower Windows 7 Ultimate logo using windows everything worked perfectly my utorrent open and watching a film in streaming then i had the brilliant idea to try to install this shit software Windows Theme Installer Install Apply Delete Themes Easily - door windows to try change windows appereance i run it and it showed up some errors so i quit it before it would complete the installation closed utorrent and rebooted boom i got this shit screen without the possibility to do ANYTHING i can t open the task manager i can t send the computer in sleep mode the only buttons showing are the red one for shutdown and the handicap s one the only thing that s moving is the mouse pointer over the black screen and logo if someone could maybe know what files that shit theme installer changes i could try to reset them but i-ve also tried this a little searching in the registry for it s name shell and exploer exe seem to be working i tried everything from the windows repair and F mode i tried kaspersky recue disk i tried ubuntu linux things there s no error with the boot or the mbr windows boots normally and it just get stuck before the login loading module guaranteed there s no viruses or trojans as i run a scan with many antiviruses and antimalwares not so long ago i removed the theme pack i was trying to install but didn t help here is attached the ntbtlog

A:Boot freeze with black screen with lower Windows 7 Ultimate logo

i restored files and dll components that the shit-installer should have modified, except for this TwinUI.dll that i can`t find anymore in my windows system folder. i don`t know what that one is but windows is still stuck there exactly like before.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/346147-boot-freeze-black-screen-lower-windows-7-ultimate-logo.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi all,

My computer seems to crash, BSOD and freeze at random times. It seems to always crash after a few minutes of running on a fresh start. I've run Malwarebytes anti-malware scan and MSE Scan which found nothing. I've updated drivers, run Windbg, driver validater, disabled non-windows services, startup applications, bios updates, windows updates, memory check of 5 passes, disk checks, power checks with hwinfo, performance monitor reports and I've still not found any concrete evidence that there is anything wrong except that my computer blue screens for the heck of it.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I'd rather not reinstall, but I can if I have to. I think I may get an SSD before I do though.

Windows 7 64 bit home premium
2 1TB hard drives
GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 Rev3.0
AMD FX 8350
16 GB of Ram (new as of a few months ago)
Nvidia Geforce GTX 650 Ti Boost

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/391218-intermittent-bsod-black-screen-freeze-crashes-strange-sound.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Thank you for helping at Black SC [SOLVED] 0x0000001 Screen/Freeze issue.0x004bdb81 referenced So I am a blizzard gamer have WoW Diablo Now all of blizz's quot great quot games Well I bought the box set to include SC and SC brood war So I played a few lvls as the humans But then all the sudden when I am finishing lvls now the computer just goes to [SOLVED] SC Black Screen/Freeze issue.0x004bdb81 referenced at 0x0000001 a black screen And sits there until I hit space bar or esc This last time AFTER I updated my DirectX and my ATI Radeon X Video card i get this error message The instruction at x bdb referenced at x The memory could not be read So stats stuff now I run on an Acer computer Windows Vista -bit Service pack BE- AMD Athlon X Dual Core Processor Aspire M Model Memory GB Rating ATI [SOLVED] SC Black Screen/Freeze issue.0x004bdb81 referenced at 0x0000001 Radeon X Series AL W X McAfee is [SOLVED] SC Black Screen/Freeze issue.0x004bdb81 referenced at 0x0000001 running too Well I hope some one can help me All the searching I have done so far gets me no where just more questions SO reason behind this thread is so I can get personalized help rather then view others where there mac or diff proc or vid card THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP

A:[SOLVED] SC Black Screen/Freeze issue.0x004bdb81 referenced at 0x0000001

Welcome to TSF J_Ch3ck.

Do the other two games still work after you updated your Directx and Drivers as you may have got a corrupt driver or something along that lines and it may just be reupdating them...

Redeye3323

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-sc-black-screen-freeze-issue-0x004bdb81-referenced-at-0x0000001-450786.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey there any help is much appreciated After a lot of headache ive realised that updating anything through windows update that requires a restart causes my computer screen to go black after the windows loading bar on startup If i leave the computer for about minutes it eventually opens the login screen and works as freeze comp on my black screen Windows update on making restart normal until i restart it again I can fix the problem by putting my windows disk in and doing a system restore but i want to fix the problem properly i would like to be able to update i have done a myriad of things to clean the computer including registry cleaning optimising startup list physically cleaning dust out of the box and fans etc as initialy i thought it was a hardware problem before i noticed it was windows update causing it thanks in advance for any help Adam p s some system specs if needed Windows Vista Home Premium Windows update making my comp freeze on black screen on restart bit ECS P M T-M Intel Core GHz gb ddr RAM geforce gs DirectX

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-update-making-my-comp-freeze-on-black-screen-on-restart-429763.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I recently did a factory restore on my laptop since it was giving me really bad problems before BSOD on boot unable to start in safe mode etc I assumed that black failure; Laptop followed random by screen colors screen it was caused by a bad video driver installation Once I did my factory restore this problem was solved but it seems like a new one arose In the first few days the laptop was working fine but I recently realised that if I unplug my AC Laptop screen failure; random colors followed by black screen Adapter my laptop would work for awhile but will eventually die The screen would just go black then I would see weird colors and then it would go black again and I would be forced to hold the power button and restart The funny thing is this never happens when I have it plugged in I then realised that it happened when I plugged it out and moved it around so I assumed it had something to do with the wiring inside my laptop But it seems that isn t the case since even if I move it around while it s plugged in it doesn t happen I m pretty sure it has something to do with my power supply at this point but I m not really sure If anyone can help I would really appreciate it EDIT It just happened to me as I tried to access my task manager I did CTLR ALT DEL and my screen went black and my laptop simply restarted itself nbsp

A:Laptop screen failure; random colors followed by black screen

EDIT: It seems it has gotten way worse. It happened while it was plugged in, and not only that, but when I tried to turn on my laptop again, the screen remained black and I heard these beeping noises. (6 beeps in succession, over and over) Sometimes I turned it on and it didn't even beep. I managed to actually get my laptop to boot, but I'm afraid it will happen again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-screen-failure-random-colors-followed-by-black-screen.185547/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello Everyone,

I never get a blue screen, the computer never just restarts, the mouse just seems to stop moving, and this has been happening since I got my computer about 3 months ago. Whenever this happens all I can do is turn the power off and restart. Going through my event logs the only common occurrence is that right before I am turning off my computer I get "Filter Manager - Event ID - 6". This is not recorded as an error, but happens right before "Kernel Power - Event ID - 41" which I believe is when I push the power button to restart. If anyone has any ideas or might need some more information please let me know. Thanks a lot in advance.

JH

A:Random Mouse/Screen Freeze Windows 7 P67 Pro3 MB

Have you let it set for a while to see if it un-freezes on its own?

Is it a complete system freeze or just the mouse freezing?, next time it freezes do a "Ctrl+Alt+Del" twice in a row quickly to see if you get a different screen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-mouse-screen-freeze-windows-7-p67-pro3-mb.1047120/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,

I'm running Windows 7 home premium 64 bit. My my laptop is about 6 months old with 8gb RAM.

I have recently done a fresh install and ever since then I'm getting random screen freezes (it never happened before fresh install)... the mouse, keys, ctrl alt delete etc.wont respond and the only way out is to hold down power and restart.

I thought it could be a RAM problem but I have checked with memtest with no problems found. I have also scanned with malwarbytes antimalware with nothing found.

Can anyone give me any advice.

Many thanks.

Relevancy 59.34%

Well where do i begin...
My computer lately and somewhat for a while has been freezing/ slowing down. sometimes my internet wont work ether. If the lagg/ freeze is to long it will pull up the blue screen of death. Only for the past 2 days my laptop has been starting to download some sort of file but i have no idea what it is. Also when i play Diablo 2 (a old PC game, very fun) when i press the TAB button some little window will close the game and show me my running files, and that ruins the entire game... every time i scan for viruses they never show up. Only now that i took off a lot of programs from my start up it is working a little faster but the tab button thing and the random download is still happening. if anyone can help plz tell me. also respond if you have had the same problems.

A:Freeze, Random downloads, Blue Screen of Death

Hello mikelion123,There could be any number of causes for your laptop's "slowness": Overheating, RAM issues, Hard drive, Software, or Malware. My preference is to rule out the latter first and then deal with the other issues. I know you have scanned for viruses and found none, but there may be deeper, more insidious malware at work; this mysterious downloading in the background for example. Could be a Microsoft update or could be something unwanted. My recommendation would be to post in the Bleeping Computer's Am I Infected Forum?If they determine that you are malware free then you can return to this forum where your mindump files, hardware components, and software can be examined further. The decision is yours.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/438481/freeze-random-downloads-blue-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 58.91%

HP Pavilion m8300f desktop 4 years old I'm working on for my brother has occasional freezes. I was referred here from the Virus and Malware folks because there's nothing they saw in the diagnostics.

I reseated the memory, I've run the Vista memory test.
I cleaned the innards and power supply of dust. Wasn't badly loaded.

I have run hard drive diagnostics from Vista. I will run the WD hard drive test later tonight.

I have changed from AVG to Avira antivirus today. It did give one blue screen when doing Avira scan and I believe the defragmenting was also running--with Vista it's hard to tell. There is one minidump record. Otherwise the computer just goes dark screen with no hard disk drive light showing any access.

Where do I go from here?

See attached mini.dmp

A:Vista desktop random freeze, dark screen, no cursor

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_EQUAL
ntkrlnlpa.exe

Do the memory checks too:
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic51365.html

Delete Avira and go with free Microsoft Security Essentials. Give this temp file program a try:
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/files/file/187-tfc-temp-file-cleaner-by-oldtimer/
Run it from the desktop

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vista-desktop-random-freeze-dark-screen-no-cursor.177571/
Relevancy 58.91%

System specs TL DR Below Hi first specific sound-loop during freeze Random games. and screen post here week ago my laptop started Random screen freeze and sound-loop during specific games. to freeze Random screen freeze and sound-loop during specific games. on some games osu and Hearthstone I can barely play - minutes before my screen freezes while having a buzzing Sound-loop I have to force restart to make my laptop work again This always scares me to death when it happens randomly Meanwhile I can play games like League of Legends for hours without any problems Since I stopped playing Hearthstone I'm just playing osu This is a game where you have to click circles while music runs in the background - yes you heard it right Nothing more Not even complex graphics FPS is also over The only thing I can do is to press the power button I Random screen freeze and sound-loop during specific games. did everything I could do but my problem seems so unique I tried to play the game in all resolutions Played it in Windowed Renderless Fullscreen mode I also tried all FPS caps from to unlimited I also cleaned all the dust in my laptop no change So I tried something new I wiped my laptop it was like the first day I bought and the first thing I did is installing the game osu I didn't install any AntiVirus browser or anything else No luck Same thing My laptop runs without any background programs on C - C About F - F and while playing I have C - C About F - F I guess that's really normal maybe even lower than average laptops I also uninstalled installed older grapic drivers I hope that's enough information Since this laptop is months old it would be really sad to buy a new one I hope anyone can help me Ask me if you need further informations TL DR System specs Sound-loop and screen freeze every - min on games like osu and Hearthstone League of Legends and Terraria are working perfect without any problems can't do anything except pressing the power button temperature is normal actually C without any programs C while playing games tried all solutions on google wiped laptop - same problem FPS is normal Never had any problems before I didn't install anything when this happened installed uninstalled older graphic drivers Ask for informations if you need I need your help Sorry if this post is in the wrong section gt gt And sorry if I have any grammar mistakes

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/68317-random-screen-freeze-sound-loop-during-specific-games.html
Relevancy 57.62%

The laptop is mostly used at school by my son. Screen goes black in the middle of activities or class without any warning. Happened in middle of exam or when making homework. Need to push the start button again and computer starts working again. Bought it 3 month ago.   Charging cord unplugged most of the time. Charging the computer only in the evening.  Happens sometimes only a few minutes after putting it on. Sometimes after 1 hour, at random. Does not matter how full the battery is. At least once a week. What should we do?

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/E5-575-screen-goes-black-at-random-Even-after-only-15-min-use/td-p/460683
Relevancy 57.62%

I've just built my new PC. I was having some problems with Win7 installation because it kept black screening, but somehow got past it. But it now seems it moved onto my PC. It just randomly happens. I attempt to turn on my PC, but knowing I only have limited time (5-15 minutes until my monitor black screens, PC still running, so I have to restart my whole PC just to get it started again). Please help! I just built the PC yesterday, and installed Win7 yesterday also. But I tried it out today, and this happened.

A:Random Black Screen on New PC

Give us some more details on the issue and what you have tried to resolve it.

I would start with checking temps of the machine from boot until issues to see if you can rule that out
You could run furmark or similar to stress test the gfx and/or uninstall-reinstall gfx drivers or roll back to an older driver although if the machine was black screening during installation ie outside of windows environment then it wont be drivers and is more likely to be a hardware issue

Check event viewer/windows logs for any repeat errors or entries leading up to problem
May be worth manually getting a msinfo32 file from your machine and uploading to us to have a look we may be able to get some info from this
Start>msinfo32>enter then save and upload

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/376553-random-black-screen-new-pc.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello Techspot community!

I recently reinstalled Windows Vista on my Dell Inspiron 1721 Notebook. During the installation, I completely cleared the C Drive and kept the recovery drive and went on with normal reinstallation.

After this, I installed World of Warcraft including the new expansion Wrath of the Lich King.

Now, my problem is that when I am playing World of Warcraft, my computer monitor randomly goes black. It wont allow me to hit the power button to put it into sleep mode. It only allows me to hold the power button in and completely shut off and reboot the computer.

I am not sure at all what the problem is. To my knowing, I am completely up to date on all of my drivers and such, but I am just not sure what is causing the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

A:Random Black Screen During WoW

what are the specs on your notebook?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-black-screen-during-wow.117914/
Relevancy 57.62%

Is this most likely the LCD needs replacing or the Data cable to the Motherboard?

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/random-black-screen/td-p/454387
Relevancy 57.62%

i have an alien ware with a pentium 4 and a radeon 64mddr video card and run xp. for what ever reason i cant figure out, my screen will go blank when i play wow and only wow. it can take up to an hour b4 it happens or just a min. i have to put my comp to sleep and that will sometimes get a pic back after my comp wakes back up other wise i have to reboot completly. it didnt to this when i first got the comp from a friend about 6months ago. its only just started doning it maybe bout 2 months ago. im lost on it and have no idea what i can do to fix.​

A:black screen at random

Sounds like a heat issue. Have you opened the case and checked the fans lately?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-at-random.971485/