Windows Support Forum

BSOD ntoskrnl.exe crash

Q: BSOD ntoskrnl.exe crash

I have encountered these crashes after installing Windows -bit system onto my computer First of all I bought crash ntoskrnl.exe BSOD additional GB of Ram to my computer Everything was fine when I was running on -bit BSOD ntoskrnl.exe crash copy of win Then I reinstalled it and crashes started My hardware Windows Home Premium -bit SP Motherboard GA-MA DS rev CPU AMD Athlon X GHz GPU ATI Radeon HD GDDR GB bit RAM Kingston HyperX Blu CL kit x GB DDR - MHz MACRON GB MhZ and GB I don't know the name P Power supply W Now I tried to reboot it but I am not sure If it help Dump files Code Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION Bug Check Code x b Parameter c Parameter fffff Parameter fffff c Parameter Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe f File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win rtm - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe f Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path D Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-crash-661021.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: BSOD ntoskrnl.exe crash

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 21.93%

The $35 Raspberry Pi 2 launched earlier this month sporting a wealth of upgrades and apparently, one of the most peculiar hardware bugs in recent memory.

Read more

A:Weird bug alert: A simple xenon camera flash can crash a Raspberry Pi 2

Wow.
Reminds me of what a big solar flare could do.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-bug-alert-a-simple-xenon-camera-flash-can-crash-a-raspberry-pi-2.208723/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi I ve got a XPS M Vista Dell crash up on booting M1530 XPS SP and I have recently experienced some problems This morning the screen would remain black while the laptop made the usual start up sounds and then did nothing The power button remained lit After some googling I had found a solution heating the gpu I found the info in a thread on this forum So I opened up my laptop but I was not able to remove the heat sink a screw that just wouldn t open so I Dell XPS M1530 crash on booting up determined through pictures where the gpu was and heated the area of the heat sink under which the gpu lies with a hair dryer I did this till the area above the gpu was too hot to touch Afterwards I started my laptop up and I didn t have the black screen it just booted up as usual However before I got past the dell screen it crashed I assumed it was overheating but after waiting some time I booted up again and got past the dell screen and had a boot up screen asking me to do a diagnostic and recovery thingie because there might be a software or hardware failure It proceeded to do this but after some time during the test it crashed again After booting it immediately back up it crashed before I got past the Dell screen After waiting a long time I tried again and this time it got further through the diagnostic test but eventually crashed again Now when I try the load bar on the dell screen goes extremely slowly and the laptop crashes before it gets past that stage it crashes slowly if I didn t try to start it before rapidly if I just experienced a crash Sorry for the long post but does anybody have an idea what I can do about this nbsp

A:Dell XPS M1530 crash on booting up

heated the area of the heat sink under which the gpu lies with a hair dryer. I did this till the area above the gpu was too hot to touch.Click to expand...

Where did you get the advise to do this You should have come here first for some honest advise.

Heat is not a good thing for any electronic device. What you have done may have finished off a processor that was already half baked. I doubt if there is a way to recover from this other than replacing the GPU.

When you quote the GPU are you sure you are not confusing this with CPU. As far as I can see from your sytems manual, on the Dell site, the gahics card has no heat sink so you probably cooked your CPU. The heat sink is there for just one reason, to get rid of heat.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-xps-m1530-crash-on-booting-up.160737/
Relevancy 23.22%

Ever since I let my dad "clean up" my computer, every time I log in I get this message saying "DataManager has crashed". It's been getting worse and worse. Sometimes while I'm on my laptop for a bit, I get a second random application that crashes and now most of the time when I go on Youtube, Adobe Flash Player crashes!? Please give me a hand...

A:DataManager crash after log in (Windows 7)

Sounds Like your dad deleted something he should have not. Is there away for you to go back to a windows restore point before he clean your Laptop. This may solve your problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/datamanager-crash-after-log-in-windows-7.184103/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello Guys I am having this strange issue with my computer I have msi radeon graphic card installed I wanted to use msi afterburner and ati and ATI MSI tool Afterburner crash tray tray tool both latest version so I installed both of them Fist I installed msi afterburner and started the program then my computer feezed I had to restart my computer with restart button as nothing was working Tried times but no luck I then installed Ati tray tool made sure catalyst MSI Afterburner and ATI tray tool crash center not running on background and it s the same whenever I start these program my computer just freezes with nothing worknig I had to restart with restart button What s going on About months ago I was using these two program without any issue The CCC drive was maybe or less I think Back then CCC drivers use to fluctuate clock speed so I MSI Afterburner and ATI tray tool crash have to set a profile in Ati tray tool Then from it was improved I think so I didn t needed those programs and uninstalled them both I don t know what s going on now I can t start these programs I have cleaned all amd drivers with driver sweeper and installed the new beta one msi afterburner even didn t worked on driver Please help me guys as I haven t got clue what s wrong with my PC nbsp

A:MSI Afterburner and ATI tray tool crash

Never mind guys.It was amd driver issue I think.I have to reinstall whole windows.Now it's working fine.No replies after 5 days?It seems there aren't many experts left in this forum as it use to be before 2/3 years back.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/msi-afterburner-and-ati-tray-tool-crash.182834/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone can help. My dvd drive crashed when i was burning files onto a dvd. now all the files are gone. anyone know what i can do to access the files on the dvd? do data recovery programs really help? has this happened to anyone else? is there a way to retrieve the already burned files, or is it a lost cause?

A:DVD drive crash, lost files

No files left on the hard drive? What program did you use to copy the files to the DVD drive? Can you read the DVD on another computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-drive-crash-lost-files.174358/
Relevancy 22.79%

i keep getting this message your driver has recovered kernel mode driver 257.8 something like this of course near to the loads of crashes i had while playing games or some times while i am just using the internet, i tried all the nvidia drivers the old the new and i tried also all dell drivers i have the latest updates for the windows and this laptop is just 2 months old. using nvidia 260m gtx sli. need help plz

A:Alienware m17x crash hang freeze

Try running memtest. Search for YUMI Multiboot. Download and follow instructions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/alienware-m17x-crash-hang-freeze.172482/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have an old MSI K crash, enter cannot Old PC BIOS N Delta motherboard with a Athlon CPU Recently the computer started acting flakey and it finally crashed and would not POST I suspected a bad PSU The following troubleshooting has been done replaced Old PC crash, cannot enter BIOS PSU with a new working one PC posts passes memory test but does not proceed further cannot enter BIOS when holding DEL key disconnected hard drives jumpered CMOS battery PC Posts splash screen defaults cannot enter BIOS when holding DEL key removed CMOS battery PC Posts splash screen defaults cannot Old PC crash, cannot enter BIOS enter BIOS when holding DEL key I don t know what else to do I am concerned the mobo might be fried I really don t want to throw a whole lot of money in this year old computer as it is so ancient The only thing left is to remove the wifi card and fax card update took out all extra cards also tested Old PC crash, cannot enter BIOS ram cards one by one all still the same I even changed keyboards I think the mobo is toast but I do welcome suggestions nbsp

A:Old PC crash, cannot enter BIOS

Maybe the RAM isn't really passing the test. If the BIOS is set for quick boot, doesn't it skip the memory test? If so, try using one RAM stick at a time as see if it changes anything. If you have access to any other compatible RAM to test with, that might help. I don't know if that would affect the inability to enter the BIOS but that's all I can think of to try at the moment.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/old-pc-crash-cannot-enter-bios.162742/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hello guys......I need your help....I have sony vaio vgn-fs515b and after installing windows 7 i was updating its bios......!!!!

Everything was working fine but in between a blue screen came. It said that your system is shutting down due to some problem and at the end it said:

"Dumping physical memory".

When i restarted my laptop all the light were on but nothing came on screen. I don't know what to do.......Please help me........!!!!

I know this happened because of incomplete upgradation of bios but what should i do not?

A:Sony Vaio VGN-FS515b doesn't start after BSOD

The motherboards bios is corrupt. You may be able to correct this if you can pull the CMOS battery and reconnect it. Otherwise the motherboard will have to be replaced

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-vgn-fs515b-doesnt-start-after-bsod.162562/
Relevancy 23.22%

So I have my friends tower Most games (friend's crash PC) over at my house because he says every time he goes to play games after about - Mins it ll crash to the desktop For example Half Life will open and then a message pops up saying the exe has stopped responding and close Empire Total War has crashed without an error message and Company of Heros crashes with an error message that isn t helpful I don t know what to do I opened the case and checked all the connections and organized the wires and everything is plugged in properly However I think it could be a couple factors in which I don t know how to fix His parts listed below or his OS which I think is a a torrented OS and not a store bought legit one Anyway help is appreciated Specs Windows Ultimate bit Most games crash (friend's PC) Gb Hard drive Most games crash (friend's PC) Rosewall watt Intel Core i Ghz Gb RAM don t know the brand probably generic Radeon HD gb memory nbsp

A:Most games crash (friend's PC)

If it is indeed a torrented OS then begin and end there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/most-games-crash-friends-pc.161907/
Relevancy 14.62%

On one rig I got GTS mb and it works flawlesslly However on another machine I got GTS Not 'oh really. so you GTS it crashes, BSOD, Gainward 250 name freezes... great'? gb which Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it earned the quot Piece Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it of sh t quot sticker The issues are usual for the gb model blue Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it screen restart games freeze crash audio loops inifinitely strange psychodelic colorful lines swarm the monitor cubes of various colors do the same And yes it happens in many games and to many people at least according to what I ve found browsing forums As with other people in my case too the issues happen with Bad Company Assassin s creed GTA etc It appears that the problem is with the nV drivers I ve found somewhere that installing a much older version of nVidia graphic drivers solves the issue but I d rather search for help on what to I ve updated BIOS Chipset Audio Lan DirectX nVidia GPU driver is Event Source nv Event ID Minidump files are bellow The error in the Event Viewer appeared on July th EDIT Forgot to mention tha powa is Thermaltek w Forward thanks Kreinzer nbsp

A:Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it

If its the 1gb model, just use a 512, you get like .01% less performance. And you could just update to the latest drivers, maybe Nvidia has since fixed the issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gainward-gts-250-oh-so-great-not-really-bsod-crashes-freezes-you-name-it.150050/
Relevancy 14.19%

Hello For the past two weeks my laptop has been beeping It doesn t beep when I first turn the computer on Once I m to the desktop it starts Vista Studio Dell 64 continuous a BSOD with beep and 1536 has to beep and it s VERY inconsistent It may beep every five minutes or every minutes Sometimes it beeps once and other times its beeped two Dell Studio 1536 with Vista 64 has a continuous beep and BSOD or three times fast And occasionally I get the BSOD saying something about quot dumping my physical memory quot On top of that when I load the computer I get an error saying that my Catalyst Control Centre is not working I just assumed all these things were connected A few months ago my hard drive died so I installed a new one I haven t had any issues until the issues I listed above all of which start just a few weeks ago Unfortunately my warranty has expired so Dell s support hasn t been much help So does this sound like the hard drive I installed is creating the issues Any advice is very helpful nbsp

A:Dell Studio 1536 with Vista 64 has a continuous beep and BSOD

Have you checked for crud in your keyboard... any cause for a sticking key, sticking space bar, etc.

Don't see how the hard drive could cause the problem.

Have you looked at all the Dell Beep Codes... They are posted elsewhere on this TechSpot forum... that could give you a starting point.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-studio-1536-with-vista-64-has-a-continuous-beep-and-bsod.154876/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hello all,
I'm suffering froma troubling problem with a Windows 7 system.
This system has a boot HDD (C and data storage RAID5 array (D. The system locked up hard requiring a power down to get Windows operational gain.

The sytem is fine now, except the ~3 TB RAID5 array is not seen by W7. The W7 disk managment snap-in reports that the 2793.97 GB "drive" exists, but the status is "Unknown" and "not initialized". Needless to say, the drve was online and contained LOTS of data before the crash. Due to it's size, the drive was GPT.

I ran a synchronize on the RAID 5 array and that finished w/o error, so I assume the actuall array is fine.

Any recommendations for what utllity/diagnostic/etc. to try next?

Further info: The RAID 5 is a creation of the AMD SB750 "southbridge", which uses tech licensed by Promise Technology.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-raid-array-unknown-not-initialized-after-windows-7-crash.152474/
Relevancy 21.93%

I apologize in advance if this topic is not in the right forum I am having serious issues with my Dell Inspiron with XP bit Media Center Edition I bought a Seagate Inspiron crashed... crash motherboard also? 1520 drive did Dell hard gb rpm hard drive about months ago and got a message this morning saying quot read failure on internal hard drive quot I am pretty sure it died as I ve slaved the hard drive to another computer and it s not being recognized but the motor is still going On to my main question here How Dell Inspiron 1520 hard drive crashed... did motherboard crash also? do I know that it s not the motherboard that has gone out I ve been having problems here lately with my quickset drivers as well as my video card drivers but I thought that problem had been resolved I ve also been infected with countless virus s and trojans as of late even though I have anti-virus programs malware programs I had the quot google redirect Dell Inspiron 1520 hard drive crashed... did motherboard crash also? quot for the past month and was finally able to get it off just Saturday My motherboard crashed about years ago and was replaced under warranty I ve read that the motherboards in this particular model are crap I am worried about my motherboard as I put another hard drive in the computer and I just kept getting BDOSs but it was too fast for me to see an error code This hard drive is configured for Vista bit and is for a different model Dell and different motherboard so I am not sure if that would make it not work My second question would be if I had to replace my motherboard would I have to go back with OEM equipment or could I upgrade it and how would I go about seeing what is compatible Any help is much appreciated as I am not so great with hardware problems nbsp

A:Dell Inspiron 1520 hard drive crashed... did motherboard crash also?

There's no reason to think it's the board.
Did you make a warranty claim on the drive?
Did you install XP on the replacement drive, or just try to use it as is? A repair install may solve the problem, but a clean install would be better.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-1520-hard-drive-crashed-did-motherboard-crash-also.152240/
Relevancy 23.22%

I recently upgraded my PC by buying a new CPU AMD 5200+ 2.70Ghz overclocked to 3.0Ghz and all games started crashing.Here's my PC's specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte-GA69VM-S2
CPU: AMD 5200+ 2.70Ghz currently 3.00Ghz
Video Card: Galaxy GTS250 512MB GDDR3
RAM: 3x1GB Super Talent
HDD: Seagate 500GB
PSU: Fortron 400W
2xDVD-RWs

For example when I start GTA IV the PSU starts making a loud noise and after 15 min the game freezes.Not only GTA IV but Crysis,Metro 2033,Need for Speed Shift...

All temperatures are normal except the motherboard. It was stable until I bought the new CPU. The old one was AMD 4000+ 2.1Ghz
CPU:30 to 40 degrees on standby when playing maximum 60
Video Card:45 degrees on standby and up to 65 while playing
Motherboard: 45 degrees on standby and up to 67 when playing
All help would be appreciated

A:Most games crash while playing. Could this be a PSU problem?

Yes it sounds like a problem. The next thing you're going to hear is probably a "pop," if you're unlucky. Upgrade to a quality 450 watt psu or higher, asap.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/most-games-crash-while-playing-could-this-be-a-psu-problem.152184/
Relevancy 14.62%

So i decided to fire up my brothers computer that he hasnt used for about 2 years and keep running into the bsod with the error about nvlddmkm.sys for my graphics card, the monitor is also blurred as in the colors are distorted and random colors will blurr to the right or the left of where they should be. I can get it to bootup once i go into safe mode and delete the nvlddmkm.sys but when i try and install the latest driver and reboot the same problem and same error pops up. Any advice on how to fix this error? And I was hoping that by installing the newest driver properly that perhaps the blurry screen will clear up, is that just wishfull thinking or could the blurry screen actually be fixed? The computer is running vista 64 with 4g ram and 750w psu. Thanks for the help guys.

A:BSOD video card 8800gtx error: nvlddmkm.sys

as you can imagine nvlddmkm.sys is part of the driver installation so simply deleting it will either cause errors or blue screens. there are a number of things that could be causing this to happen, such as corrupted files, a bad power supply, or even the card itself. the first thing i would advise is to do a clean installation of the display drivers, which requires you to use a piece of software such as Driver Sweeper to completely purge the associated driver files. once this is done, you can restart the computer and proceed to install the drivers normally.

if this fails, you may be looking at corruption in Vista itself or possibly with the motherboard chipset drivers. there's also a slim chance that you need to update DirectX software or frameworks for graphics-based software. if it comes down to having to test the actual hardware, there are limited options. the best way would be to test the card in another computer (preferably one with a different OS) and to test the power supply and RAM if you can. is there any reason in particular that the computer hasn't been used for a couple of years? there's always a possibility that your brother knew to replace something and never did

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-video-card-8800gtx-error-nvlddmkm-sys.151876/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello, i recently built myself a gaming computer, and bought Half-life 2. the game opens and loads fine, but then as i am playing it will freeze for a few seconds then my monitor will say "no input from rgb", this is a regular thing but it does not happen at any specific point in the game, sometimes i can play up to about 20 mins and sometimes i can take 1 step forward in game. i have never had any issues with any other games. i have all the settings in game on the lowest possible. I have no ideas what the problem might be, i have tried all the standard things such as updating graphics drivers.

my pc spec:
Amd Athlon 64 X2 4200+
2gb of ram
Ati radeon hd 3600 512mb
and i'm running windows xp home SP3
650watt psu

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-crash.149600/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hello everyone,

I just bought some Hardware to build a new computer from Scratch.

I bought:

1. Asus P5E3 Pro Motherboard (DDR3 RAM DIMMS)
2. PSU Coolmax CUL-750B 750W
3. 2x2GB OCZ OCZ3G10664GK R (DDR3 RAM)
4. VGA Card - ASUS ENGTS250/DI/512MD3
5. Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz 1333

I installed Windows 7 x64bit OEM

I am having problems with BSOD (different ones not the same one every time)

I would like to know if its a compatibility Problem with My RAM and Motherboard or could it be something else. I am very bad with Hardware and I just bought parts that I knew could fit in theory.

BIOS is set to default because I don't know how to configure it (Probably thinking why did I buy parts instead of a built computer)

Could you please help?

A:Compatible RAM for Asus P5E3 Pro Motherboard (BSOD)

Your RAM isn't on Asus' memory QVL (Qualified Vendors List)-but that isn't to say that it's not supported.
Having your power supply checked might be an option if your graphics card seems to run slow or you are getting fluctuating performance.
Because OCZ memory modules lack what are called embedded XMP profiles, your motherboard will have difficulty assigning a setting for them so you will need to do it manually.
Download Memtest86+ from here http://www.memtest.org/#downiso
***under the Memtest86+ v4.00, select "Download -Pre-compiled bootable iso ", save and unzip if downloading the zip file then burn a BOOTABLE CD using ImgBurn or your usual burning software (Nero etc.).- this program runs at BIOS level
Download MemSet here http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Info/MemSet.shtml
You can also download CPU-Z -it gives a much simplified version of the RAM timings but you can also access chipset and CPU info. download here http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

First order of business would be ascertain whether the RAM modules are not defective.
I presume the RAM in question is OCZ's Gold XTC modules - if they are then you can try to manually select the timings- they should be on a sticker on the side of the RAM, which should be 7-7-7-21 ( CAS (or CL)-tRCD-tRP-tRAS) at 1.5 to 1.6 volts.
IF THIS IS NOT YOUR RAM THEN GO NO FURTHER, If it is then you need to set it in order to test it for stability.
Boot into your BIOS. Select the second tab "A.I.Tweaker"
Set PCIE Frequency to 100 (if not already set)
Set DRAM Frequency to DDR3-1066 (if not already set)
Set DRAM Command rate to 2T (if not already set)
Set DRAM Timing Control to Manual
Note the string of timings following "Pri.Information" on the next line-they should be the same as the settings you are about to input.
Set CAS# Frequency to 7 DRAM Clocks
Set RAS# to CAS# Delay to 7 DRAM Clocks
Set RAS# Precharge to 7 DRAM Clocks
Set RAS# Active time to 21 DRAM Clocks
leave the rest of the timings on Auto for now and move down the page until you get to..
DRAM Voltage ....type in 1.60
Hit F10 to save and exit
**If you can boot into windows then run Memset (NOT the Memtest86+ cd you burned!) and note -or better still get a screen capture of the timings (and include in your next post)-here is an example of one of my old screenshots-take no notice of the values but note that both modules SPD (A and B )values are shown-so expand the window.

** If you cannot load Windows then get back to the BIOS and revert settings by choosing Restore Defaults, F10 to save and exit. The likely cause will be insufficient MCH (Northbridge) voltage.
If Memset shows you the correct values and voltage then you can move on to testing.
Reboot and select CD as your first bootable drive
Insert your Memtest86+ bootable cd into the drive
Hit F10 to save and exit
Memtest86+ will boot automatically once the motherboard POST's. As it's a DOS program it is fairly straightforward -The test actually comprises 8 seperate tests. Once all 8 have run then your RAM has completed a "Pass" -for 4Gb a Pass takes around 20-30 minutes.
Run 7 (minimum) to 12 passes. If the testing shows no errors then stop the test at your leisure.
Return to your BIOS, change the boot order back to Harddrive (I assume)
Take the CD out of the drive
F10 to save and exit -congratulations your RAM is stable. The next step would be to stress test the CPU/RAM fo test for stability- but one thing at a time

If the test throws up errors then note the Number of the test and the error code- the test will continue if the errors are not to great. If the testing serquence stops then stop the test, reboot, change boot order, remove cd and F10.
The RAM could fail from either physical damage it has suffered or the timing (and sub-timings) are unstable. We can look into that if the need arises.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatible-ram-for-asus-p5e3-pro-motherboard-bsod.141038/
Relevancy 22.79%

I got this problem with my grafic card that it, crashes when my grafic card reach about 61c degrees, and that aint much, pretty weird. Sometimes its a black screen/color screen. And i want to know if you got any idea what the problem could be.

Thanks.

A:Radeon 5890 1gb graphics card crash

Maybe it's because there's no such thing as a Radeon 5890 Unless you mean a 4890 or 5870, in which case I would check that all your connections and that your power supply is up to the job.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-5890-1gb-graphics-card-crash.145139/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello all!

I have bought some new RAM for my Lenovo Computer. It supports up to 2GB of RAM, so i have bought 2GB. It origionally had 1GB.

When i exchange the 2 512mb modules for the 2 1GB modules the computer will boot as normal but then crash/ freeze on the desktop!

The make of the RAM is crucial, and the RAM before was crucial. (it was also recommended by crucial).

I have gone into the BIOS looking for any Memory/RAM settings aswell as voltage settings but can't find anything!

Does anyone have any idea why this could be happening?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Josh.

A:RAM upgrade causes computer to crash....?

Hi

whats the OS your using.?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-upgrade-causes-computer-to-crash.144967/
Relevancy 23.22%

My motherboard supports 1GB DDR PC 3200 sticks, with 2 banks for a total of 2GB of memory.
Both banks are working properly, smaller sticks work fine. I have installed each of the sticks separately and they work fine. When both are installed, after about 10 minutes the computer shuts down.
Any suggestions on how to fix the problem?

A:Memory upgrade causes pc to crash

are they the same modules?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-upgrade-causes-pc-to-crash.144608/
Relevancy 23.65%

hi everyone.
sorry for my bad english and sorry if i posted in a wrong section.
i have a problem with my pc.
my computer radmoly has crash like this.
i take my xfx gtx 280 to assistance, but they told me they tested it for two days with 3d bechmark software noticed no problems.
i dont think is a driver's problem, i change it and i tried various, but nothing change.
i also fomattted already.
if someone know how to resolve or know what is the problem please help me

A:Colored crash

It'd be more helpful if you gave a detailed report of the problem. What exactly do you mean by a coloured crash? When does it happen?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/colored-crash.143711/
Relevancy 23.22%

I recently bought a Gainward GT MB but I m having some troubles when running games - after I play something for example Modern Warfare NBA k for - minutes the screen just freezes then flickers and I gotta either close the game via task manager or reset my computer Or when I play a movie sometimes the screen freezes sound continues and then it goes back to normal in a few secs I thought my old W PSU was not after freeze/crash mins 10 or Games less powerful enough to supply the card Games freeze/crash after 10 mins or less sufficiently so I bought a new Fortron W but the problems remained Could this mean that my GPU is faulty It s about days old My computer specs are W PSU Intel C D E GHz x GB RAM Kingston DDRII HDD - Seagate GB SATA CD DVD ROM Gainward GT MB When I check the temperature after a game crashes it s about - degrees I did a RAM Check using memtest and i stressed the GPU using Video Card Stress Test It got up to degrees for about mins and got no artifacts or freezes or anything like that My CPU temps are I m using Windows XP SP and I ve installed the most recent drivers I ve tried using older drivers but that didnt work either Sometimes when games crash I also get a BSOD I opened the crash dump files and here s the info WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl exe Windows XP Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x compatible Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Machine Name Kernel base x d PsLoadedModuleList x c Debug session time Mon Nov GMT System Uptime days Unable to load image ntoskrnl exe Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl exe Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for nv disp dll Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck EA d b c b ebcbc Unable to load image watchdog sys Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for watchdog sys ERROR - could not read driver name for bugcheck parameter Probably caused by nv disp dll nv disp CDP GPU lt CCurie gt CDP GPU lt CCurie gt So should I try some particular version of NVidia drivers Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Games freeze/crash after 10 mins or less

Sounds like u have some type of clocking issue or temp problem...

First use CPUz, check out all setings,
then use HW monitor, to check CPU temp, and MOBO temps, and voltages.
3.) use GPUz to check out your video card settings...
4.) run a MEM test in dos, to see if u have any falty ram...
5.) check all bios settings... something could be configured wrong.

well, thats all i'v got... hope this helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/games-freeze-crash-after-10-mins-or-less.138575/
Relevancy 22.79%

I recently removed my hard drive and connected it to my desktop in or to scan for malware and virus. after connecting via USB/sata adaptor i rcvd alert that drive was completely blank! now what. i reinserted drive into laptop and attempted pc restore only to have it fail upon restart. An attempt at reinstalling XP with the reinstall disc leaves me frozen after choosing fresh copy.

A:Dell 1520 hard drive crash

looks like you need a new HDD, if you can give me how much you want to spend i can help you out. also do you live in USA

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-1520-hard-drive-crash.143788/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hey i brought a new pc 2days ago and im already hitting issues, it appears the sound is cutting out and only a restart is fixing it. Its happend three times so far, third time the sound going followed by video going slow then the usbs cut out. So im struggling to see whats happening.

My pc specs:
Windows 7 Home Preium 64-bit
Intel Core i5 processor 650
ATI Rodeon - HD 5570 1024MB
1TB HDD
4GB DDR3 RAM memory

This makes no sense because the drivers are up to date, its a fresh computer, i have nortan so no viruses. Automatic updates are up to date.

I hope someone has some clue to this problem

Thanks Sean

A:Sound cutting out leading to slight comp crash

What motherboard are you using, did you use drivers off the cd that came with the hardware or did you download them from the internet

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-cutting-out-leading-to-slight-comp-crash.143813/
Relevancy 23.22%

symptoms Whenever i play certain games that require heavy load in graphic after about - min the screen would go blank either grey black or orangish the sound would continue for - sec and goes into a machine gun like sound loop The computer would lock up and i would have to restart When i restart my monitor would get no signal and would have to leave the computer off for - min before turning it back on for my monitor to display My computer runs fine for months without turning it off when i play games like starcraft beta heroes of newerth silkroad online different clients which brings my ram up out game problem crash figure 3d Help to - running Help figure out 3d game crash problem and runs for a week straight i also did a memtest and have some mem error i dont know if it is the cause of the crash since i run other things and it runs fine Only when i play heavy graphic games like ghost busters and alien vs predator that the error occurs and i also set all the graphic on low and resolution is x my desktop resolution is x I have looked around the web and found many issues related to my symptoms Im wondering if it can be a overheating issue voltage issue ram issue bios issue or nvidia driver issue or my monitor im using a samsung monitor and i found that some samsung monitor has problems with the DVI causing no signal Specs OS Windows x Mobo MSI K N SLI V CPU AMD Phenom quad-core GPU XFX GT alpha dog edition driver G ram PSU Antec truepower new w nbsp

A:Help figure out 3d game crash problem

I had an MSI K9N Platinum and it would never run right with more than 2 gigs of RAM. Try running with 4 gigs. Some motherboards can get really touchy with all DIMM slots populated. Also make sure that your RAM timings are set right in the BIOS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-figure-out-3d-game-crash-problem.143319/
Relevancy 23.22%

I carried my pc Showing No Crash, PC Signal Monitor over my mom s house today it was working fine and then when I was on my regular basis chatting on MSN the screen went black PC Crash, Monitor Showing No Signal and the monitor showed No PC Crash, Monitor Showing No Signal Signal although the mp was still playing for seconds after seconds the mp got stuck as well i resetted pc it happened after some hours again again and its happening again and again It never happened in my old house I checked all cards and stuff if anything moved or something The only difference is that I got a different monitor here and since the monitor cable doesn t suit my gts I use a converter for it to fit What would be the problem Got only x gb ram stick since when I pushed another one in most likely the pc crashed randomly the same way it crashes now no signal music plays for PC Crash, Monitor Showing No Signal some at least that was the case months ago using x ram for months so don t know anything changed Creative sound card which I dont use An ethernet card And gts Intel core duo processor Thanks already Edit Format fixed it weird nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-crash-monitor-showing-no-signal.142136/
Relevancy 23.22%

Ok so heres my rig No overclocks Asus P T Deluxe Motherboard Intel Core i at ghz GTX gb of DDR Corsair ram at mhz Ultra X watt power supply My issue is that in just issue stop won't Crash that certain games Crysis Guild Wars Warhammer online Call of duty etc I will play flawlessly for a certain amount of time then it will crash The screen will turn to a solid color the color is always different and is usually the most used color on the screen at the time At this point my PC is completely un responsive and must be turned off Crash issue that just won't stop manually There is no blue screen on start up I have a short video on youtube showing this issue if you type in quot computer crash in games quot Crash issue that just won't stop my youtube name is kryptx ok so heres what i tried - Like anyone i guessed it was a graphics card issue and so i RMA ed my video card Crash issue that just won't stop The new card didnt change anything - I then re-installed windows completely wiping the hard drive This didnt change anything - next i looked to the CPU I measured it on load and all temps were normal It also passed every CPU test out there - RAM was my next suspect But i ran memtest on each individual stick times Still nothing I spent so much money to get a dream PC and it crashes constantly I just want to fix this Please anyone any advice is very helpful I pray that someone here has an answer you would make my day Thank you so so much for your time nbsp

A:Crash issue that just won't stop

Hi there,

Could you please attach the latest 3-4 mini dump files to your next post.

They can be found in

Start > My Computer > Local Disk C: > Windows > Minidump

Someone will be able to debug them for you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crash-issue-that-just-wont-stop.130687/
Relevancy 25.8%

I tried to find the link to introduce myself, and couldnt. I am not very technically advanced. My laptop (its an older one with windows xp operating system home) (my new one was stolen and I am quite depressed about it) now this problem.
I am using my sons laptop now.

I do not have any discs but blank ones. Can someone halp me? My computer will not start, it just displays that message, and when i press f8, safe mode and everything comes up but it never does anything

A:Compaq 2700 <Windows root>\system32\ntoskrnl. exe is missing or corrupt

The hard drive (boot drive) is bad or its contents are corrupted. With no discs, you might want to take it to a friend or to a repair shop to have it repaired

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compaq-2700-windows-root-system32-ntoskrnl-exe-is-missing-or-corrupt.137562/
Relevancy 22.79%

I ve seen quite a few threads from searching google but the people have never posted the solution I don t believe this is the squeal of death and it only occurs on select games Namely Crysis World In Conflict Borderlands Defense Grid The Awakening Now the first two are system intensive but the last is not in any way system intensive I could probably run versions of this game AND I can play fallout on high settings and i ve not experienced a single crash even after playing for hours Crysis crashes within minutes every time without fail Even after leaving my computer overnight On that does anybody else have any suggestions My gpu under load is c but I played like that high with need tone Desparately crash help... constant pitched for hours before on another game i have the logs of the fpu and not crash Yet I play crysis which usually steadies c and it crashes within minutes What I m hoping for is somebody who has had this exact issue and found a fix or somekind of compatibility settings I can test or a diagnostics program which will save a log of everything every second like temps and voltage usage etc ANY help is greatly greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Desparately need help... crash with constant high pitched tone

Have you opened your case to try and ascertain where the high pitched tone is coming from?

You make it sound like it is constant. Do you get these issue at any other time? What are your graphic card temperature parameters per manufacturer?

80C = 176F

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desparately-need-help-crash-with-constant-high-pitched-tone.137139/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop. At the moment, I have no OS running, as I am trying to reformat my computer. In doing so, I received the BSOD message: partmgr.sys - Address F87C04AB base at F87BE000.

Do I need a new hard drive?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

KJA6

A:BSOD message: partmgr.sys

What Windows CD version are you using to boot with and did you set the CD as the first boot device? I could be wrong but maybe you aren't booting correctly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-message-partmgr-sys.137335/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hey everyone I m back with another problem This time it s in my personal laptop So about weeks ago a friend of mine installed GB RAM into my nv4_disp Help BSOD infinite loop with laptop After a couple of days with the RAM I turned on my laptop and find my screen flashing red Parts of the screen were pixeled red After backing up my files through safe mode I brought the computer to the college tech support They figured Help with nv4_disp infinite loop BSOD it s a driver problem so they updated my video driver Into what I cannot remember The problem randomly appeared and that forced me to format and start fresh So a new problem arose As the title suggested I randomly get the nv disp infinite loop BSOD Sometimes Help with nv4_disp infinite loop BSOD my screen would just freeze and not do anything Sometimes the screen flashes Help with nv4_disp infinite loop BSOD but I can still move my mouse pointer And it hasn t really been too friendly when I open the only two games I have in my computer in an attempt to see how bad the damage is I looked up some solutions online which included uninstalling and reinstalling drivers After a few attempts of that with the update the NVIDIA website provided I rolled back my driver into driver version So here are some things about my computer Model Dell Latitude D System Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack Computer Intel R Core TM Duo CPU t GHz GHz with GB of RAM Driver Details Currently NVIDIA Quadro NVS M Driver Version Personally I wouldn t mind this problem But I have a final project for a class where I need a video presentation and I am using Pinnacle Studio I m not sure if it s just me being retarded and missing a driver to install but I m pretty sure I reinstalled everything after formatting my computer Any help is greatly appreciated If any more information is needed please tell me so I can attempt to provide you with correct information not completely tech savvy for a computer engineering major ironically nbsp

A:Help with nv4_disp infinite loop BSOD

First of all you have to make sure that the 667 memory and the nvidia driver is compatible with your Dell laptops model, and you should use the Nvidia video and chipset driver from Dell and not from the nvidia site. You can up the shared video memory to 256MB maximum

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-nv4_disp-infinite-loop-bsod.137089/
Relevancy 24.08%

hi all,

this is my 1st post and my query is bit unusual. i want to know is there any way to crash a hdd programetically. if yes, then how. what is that code. i need that. i know it is a very doubtful query, i mean why anybody should want to crash his/her hdd. but belive me i need it.

thanks in advance

A:Hdd crash

getting revenge on someone? I'm not sure that even if the moderators in techspot knew how, that they would give you information on how to adhere destructive methods towards any part of a computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-crash.137108/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have been trying to fix this problem for some time now. The problem appears to stem from video-related issues... One day, I started up my laptop - the windows startup screen, on my monitor it was showing 6 (or was it 8) windows startup screens, then it went to the login screen which was also showing muliple screens. Windows did prompt that the NVIDEA driver nvdnkkka something or other(not sure about this one) had stopped and had recovered. The next time I started up my laptop the same problem occurred. This problem seems to result in some type of system crash as well...Anyone out there have any suggestions? I'm all out of steam on this one. I have already downloaded the driver update for this video adapter, but still to no avail. -Mike

A:HP dv2600 vid problems resulting in system crash

This should have been posted in the Mobile Computing forum. A laptop is a mobile computer... You don't say what version of Windows you are running. If XP, you might try doing an XP repair

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-dv2600-vid-problems-resulting-in-system-crash.136083/
Relevancy 23.22%

Okay so yesterday I went to a friend s house to help him build his computer I let him wire it and didn t notice that he wired the audio incorrectly We started up the computer everything was fine - OS was running smoothly temperatures were low no funny noises all seemed good When he plugged in his microphone the entire computer crashed We opened up the case and I saw that he had plugged the audio in the wrong place on the motherboard When we attempted to turn the computer back on it kind of did go on all LED s on fans on HDD light on etc etc But the monitor displayed something along the lines of quot No signal quot We double checked to see if the graphics card was seated correctly if it was getting power if the wires to the graphics card in microphone after plugging Crash were connected properly and they were so no problem there So Is there any way to fix this We are going to try clearing CMOS first One more question On page of the online manual Google quot DX SO Manual quot it gives information about the BIOS configuration jumper Do we set it to - or none in order to fix this Here are specs if it helps Intel Core i GB RAM EVGA GTX SSC Core Intel DX SO Motherboard Seagate GB HDD RPM nbsp

A:Crash after plugging in microphone

I would put it on 2-3 first and see what options that menu has, one may be to restore bios defaults, which is what you'd want to choose. If that isn't an option, then I'd do the <none> to apparently 'recover' the bios.

Worst case senario is you shorted something that shouldn't have been when it was running and toasted that part of the mobo... Which pins was it connected to?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crash-after-plugging-in-microphone.134883/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi all I recently had my hard drive about year old now crash and I don t know what to do to get the data back The first error I saw was quot Windows was unable to save all the data for the file Hard crash Bad drive F mft quot Since then explorer locked up when i tried to access the drive and I tried to do a chkdsk on it but had Bad Hard drive crash it fail for not being able to access the partition I then rebooted to see if that would fix the issue like it does sometimes but the drive won t mount anymore Disk management won t detect the drive but it shows up under hardware Maxtor - Drive I can t open partition magic and Ive tried using a program called quot GetDataBack for NTFS quot but that started crashing so I saved a log of it I ll post the log below The nd Maxtor drive is the issue Any ideas Thanks Code STEP gt STEP DRIVE TREE Physical drives st hard drive GB HD - WDC WD KS- MJB Name HD IDE Name WDC WD KS- MJB Kind of drive Physical drive st hard drive Geometry Cylinders Heads Sectors LBA sectors GB Kind of access LBA mode st partition NTFS GB Start Cylinder Head Sector End Cylinder Head Sector LBA start Total sectors Bootable Yes nd partition DOS Extended LBA GB Start Cylinder Head Sector End Cylinder Head Sector LBA start Total sectors Bootable No st partition NTFS GB Start Cylinder Head Sector End Cylinder Head Sector LBA start Start on drive Total sectors Bootable No nd hard drive GB HD - Maxtor H F Name HD IDE Name Maxtor H F Kind of drive Physical drive nd hard drive Geometry Cylinders Heads Sectors LBA sectors GB Kind of access LBA mode rd hard drive GB HD - WDC WD AAKS- TMA Name HD IDE Name WDC WD AAKS- TMA Kind of drive Physical drive rd hard drive Geometry Cylinders Heads Sectors LBA sectors GB Kind of access LBA mode st partition NTFS GB Start Cylinder Head Sector End Cylinder Head Sector LBA start Total sectors Bootable No Logical drives Hard drive GB C Name C Label Local Disk Serial number C Size sectors GB Free sectors GB File system NTFS File name length Geometry C H S sectors Secs cluster CD-ROM MB D Name D Label MODEM Serial number BBD Size sectors MB Free sectors B File system CDFS File name length Geometry C H S sectors Secs cluster Hard drive GB E Name E Label Data Drive Serial number AA Size sectors GB Free sectors GB File system NTFS File name length Geometry C H S sectors Secs cluster Hard drive GB I Name I Label New Volume Serial number AB Size sectors GB Free sectors GB File system NTFS File name length Geometry C H S sectors Secs cluster Image files Load more Arrangement files Load more Remote physical drives Load more SELECTED Physical drives nd hard drive GB HD - Maxtor H F Name HD IDE Name Maxtor H F Kind of drive Physical drive nd hard drive Geometry Cylinders Heads Sectors LBA sectors GB Kind of access LBA mode SELECTIONS Drive nd hard drive GB HD - Maxtor H F Window info Sectors - Entire drive True FromSector ToSector ExcessiveSearch False FileSystemDesc NTFS NT Template ACTIVE OPTIONS Excessive search FALSE Default recovery dir I Default temp dir C DOCUME lt user gt LOCALS Temp DiskExplorer path i Recover deleted files FALSE Allow duplicates FALSE Recover lost files FALSE Bad sector strategy Skip Use valid MFT only FALSE Excluded files JOB-------------------------------------- Drive Name HD IDE Name Maxtor H F Kind of drive Physical drive nd hard drive Geometry Cylinders Heads Sectors LBA sectors GB Kind of access LBA mode Window info Sectors - Entire drive True FromSector ToSector File system ExcessiveSearch False St File '' FileSystemDesc NTFS NT Classification none SectorSpace none ClusterSpace none BootSectors none FSList none SelectedFSItem none RecoveryTree none nbsp

A:Bad Hard drive crash

Code:

--------------------------------------BOJ
SCAN INFO:
Error 1117 in HD129: during ReadLba: LBA=0, CHS=-1x-1x-1, Cnt=64
---Error handler entered at 10/26/2007 6:56:26 PM---
Error: NotifyException
Message: Error 'Unknown error (1117)' while reading sector 0 on drive HD129:
Info: FAT:28
Address: 004D5008

004D4BEE-000D3BEE 004D4FE5-000D3FE5 0058C87F-0018B87F 0058CCE9-0018BCE9 006586AE-002576AE 0041B536-0001A536 0043A941-00039941 0043CD9D-0003BD9D 0043CB83-0003BB83 0044FBF6-0004EBF6 004585C0-000575C0 0065AB92-00259B92
Action: Ignore
---
Error 1117 in HD129: during ReadLba: LBA=64, CHS=-1x-1x-1, Cnt=64
---Error handler entered at 10/26/2007 6:56:31 PM---
Message: Error 'Unknown error (1117)' while reading sector 64 on drive HD129:

004D4BEE-000D3BEE 004D4FE5-000D3FE5 0058C87F-0018B87F 0058CCE9-0018BCE9 006586AE-002576AE 0041B536-0001A536 0043A941-00039941 0043CD9D-0003BD9D 0043CB83-0003BB83 0044FBF6-0004EBF6 004585C0-000575C0 0065AB92-00259B92
---
Error 1117 in HD129: during ReadLba: LBA=128, CHS=-1x-1x-1, Cnt=64
---Error handler entered at 10/26/2007 6:56:36 PM---
Message: Error 'Unknown error (1117)' while reading sector 128 on drive HD129:

---
Error 1117 in HD129: during ReadLba: LBA=192, CHS=-1x-1x-1, Cnt=64
---Error handler entered at 10/26/2007 6:56:40 PM---
Message: Error 'Unknown error (1117)' while reading sector 192 on drive HD129:

---
Error 1117 in HD129: during ReadLba: LBA=256, CHS=-1x-1x-1, Cnt=64
---Error handler entered at 10/26/2007 6:56:45 PM---
Message: Error 'Unknown error (1117)' while reading sector 256 on drive HD129:

---
Error 1117 in HD129: during ReadLba: LBA=320, CHS=-1x-1x-1, Cnt=64
---Error handler entered at 10/26/2007 6:56:50 PM---
Message: Error 'Unknown error (1117)' while reading sector 320 on drive HD129:

---
Error 1117 in HD129: during ReadLba: LBA=384, CHS=-1x-1x-1, Cnt=64
---Error handler entered at 10/26/2007 6:56:56 PM---
Message: Error 'Unknown error (1117)' while reading sector 384 on drive HD129:

---
Error 1117 in HD129: during ReadLba: LBA=448, CHS=-1x-1x-1, Cnt=64
---Error handler entered at 10/26/2007 6:57:00 PM---
Message: Error 'Unknown error (1117)' while reading sector 448 on drive HD129:

---
Error 1117 in HD... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bad-hard-drive-crash.90369/
Relevancy 15.05%

hi.

my system:

gigabyte X48TDQ6 mobo
qx9650cpu
gtx285
2X2gb ocz ddr3 1600mhz

my problem:

i have run my system for about a year with q6600 cpu with no problems with this mobo,memory,graphic card.

yesterday i have changed my cpu to qx9650 with the intel stock cpu fan. when i play games after 20 minutes i get bsod and the system reboot even in regular use on desktop.

the cpu temp in idele is about 27 deg. (not seems beacuse overhit)

on bios everythind on standart/auto (no o.c).

i upgrade my bios revision.

the bsod is "not less or equel" something:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1037

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: a
BCP1: 0000000010000002
BCP2: 000000000000000C
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF800020BCAC1
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

thanx 4 any help.

A:Bsod after replacing cpu

look on the box the CPU came in, or run CPU-z and see what the revision is. If it is an E0 you need BIOS F8D beta to run that CPU. At least that is what Gigabyte is showing for that CPU on the GA-X48-DQ6 mobo. I couldn't find a GA-X48-TDQ6 mobo listed on their site. Typo or wrong region possibly? Also check windows updates. There may be something for that CPU, or maybe you need more than SP1 on your OS? Your BSOD screen by the way is referencing a failure to read paged memory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-after-replacing-cpu.134111/
Relevancy 14.62%

I came home from a vacation after summer everything was my and Just computer new installed now processor gets BSOD's 955) (X4 already Just installed new processor (X4 955) and now my computer gets BSOD's set up in my computer except that I had sold Just installed new processor (X4 955) and now my computer gets BSOD's the Phenom X before I left which left my computer well CPU-less When I came back I bought a new Phenom X So I installed the processor and the stock heatsink and fan that came with it No I m not overclocking the CPU No I m not doing anything else out of the ordinary I ve had this processor installed for at least a week now My computer will just randomly get the blue screen of doom or death and just restart I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM I can t take this anymore I downloaded a program called BlueScreenView by NirSoft so that I can view the BSOD error codes etc etc So I can tell you exactly what BSOD happened and at what time I just need to know how to fix it The three BSOD s I ve been getting are DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL x d KERNEL MODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED x e and PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA x HOW CAN I FIX ANY OF THESE nbsp

A:Just installed new processor (X4 955) and now my computer gets BSOD's

Sounds like a bios update might help. Version 2606 appears to be the latest for Vista if you have 32 bit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-installed-new-processor-x4-955-and-now-my-computer-gets-bsods.133084/
Relevancy 14.62%

hi i have been getting random bsod when playing games and sometimes watching videos online says video driver stopped responding sometimes bsod sometimes it recovers says to upgrade drivers which i have doesnt help it has done this with every driver i have installed.

vista home premium
asus p5q pro
ati 4780 512
2/2g corsiar dominator
e 8400 @ 3.00
XFI PLATINUM
pc power +cooling 750 w
2/300g vel raptor hd raid o

hers the mini dump please help

A:Random bsod video drivers

Your video card may be over heating

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-bsod-video-drivers.132166/
Relevancy 22.79%

Well I or crash? Wrong chipset to causing mobo WoW have a fairly old machine Ive been playing WoW with this computer for well over a year now and before that I never had any kind of crash of any sort Im in no way computer savy but have a slight idea of what I may be doing Ive been receiving WoW errors for the past month In the Wrong chipset or mobo causing WoW to crash? middle of July my mobo stopped working so I had to buy a new one I got the same one so I didnt have to replace Wrong chipset or mobo causing WoW to crash? what wasnt compatible When the new mobo arrives I do a little bit or research why It doesnt connect to the internet I find that it requires a Networking card I dl that and the chipset to allow USB ports to function Now that I could connect to the internet I load up WoW About mins go by and I get an error quot Oh well quot I thought quot It happens quot a while later same thing happens I check out the forums and read up how to correct the errors A few days go by after I install a few things and updating as well I load up WoW assured that the problems are clear Everything works fine for a few hours before I get an error again Still crashing and frustrated I email a blizzard tech He gave me a list of things to update reinstall and a few computer scans I do them all and everything checks out fine Having done everything suggested I load up WoW Its still crashing To this day Im thinking it could be something I installed that isnt compatible and is causing the problems Or it could possible be the mobo that I got Here is what I have Taken from a Dxdiag file Operating System Windows XP Professional Build Service Pack xpsp sp rtm - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer INTEL System Model D GBF BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz CPUs Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir D WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ATI Radeon Series Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc Chip type ATI Radeon Graphics Processor AGP x DAC type Internal DAC MHz Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Plug and Play Monitor Monitor Max Res Driver Name ati dvag dll Driver Version English Any and all help will be taken with the most appreciation Now is it possible that these could be my problem nbsp

A:Wrong chipset or mobo causing WoW to crash?

Even though the motherboards appear to be identical, they perhaps are not.
You may have to do a clean install of your hard drive, and supplmentary drivers before you can bring that computer system to earth.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wrong-chipset-or-mobo-causing-wow-to-crash.131448/
Relevancy 23.22%

i have the exact this problem of this guy mentioned before in this forums

topic84540

i have this problem since 4 months around and i dont know how to fix it, i was about to reformat but the answer there says that the problem is not a conflict with the drivers and the system.

anyhelp?

A:ATI 9200 series card crash

You need to give us proper information, pc specs,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-9200-series-card-crash.131136/
Relevancy 15.05%

Can t seem to find any solutions to this ongoing problem Currently Kernel_Mode_Exception_Not_Handled_M BSOD, using WinDbg to debug issue however I am not having much luck Here are the two latest BSOD Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version X Loading Dump File C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File BSOD, Kernel_Mode_Exception_Not_Handled_M Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is msdl Executable search path is Windows Server Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x compatible Product LanManNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by srv sp gdr - Machine Name Kernel base x PsLoadedModuleList x af c Debug session time Wed Jul GMT- System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Unable to load image navex sys Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for navex sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for navex sys Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck E c b d ba b Probably caused by navex sys navex f ba Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis KERNEL MODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED M e This is a very common bugcheck Usually the exception address pinpoints the driver function that caused the problem Always note this address as well as the link date of the driver image that contains this address Some common problems are exception code x This means a hard coded breakpoint or assertion was hit but this system was booted NODEBUG This is not supposed to happen as developers should never have hardcoded breakpoints in retail code but If this happens make sure a debugger gets connected and the system is booted DEBUG This will let us see why this breakpoint is happening Arguments Arg c The exception code that was not handled Arg b d ba The address that the exception occurred at Arg b Trap Frame Arg Debugging Details ------------------ EXCEPTION CODE NTSTATUS xc - The instruction at quot x lx quot referenced memory at quot x lx quot The memory could not be quot s quot FAULTING IP navex f ba b d ba ffb c a push dword ptr ecx AC h TRAP FRAME b -- trap xffffffffb ErrCode eax ebx e ecx edx esi e caa edi e e a eip b d ba esp b ebp b iopl nv up ei pl nz ac po cy cs ss ds es fs gs efl navex x f ba b d ba ffb c a push dword ptr ecx AC h ds ac Resetting default scope CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID DRIVER FAULT SERVER MINIDUMP BUGCHECK STR x E PROCESS NAME vbda exe CURRENT IRQL LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from b d e to b d ba STACK TEXT WARNING Stack unwind information not available Following frames may be wrong b b d e e d e e e a navex x f ba b bc b d b e e f e navex x e e b d b a c e d ff b ac navex x e b b a e e f f e dd acd b ac navex x a c b b b a e e e d c e dd acd navex x ce b c b d navex x d e b c e e d c nt ExFreePoolWithTag x a STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP navex f ba b d ba ffb c a push dword ptr ecx AC h SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME navex f ba FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME navex IMAGE NAME navex sys DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP b c FAILURE BUCKET ID x E navex f ba BUCKET ID x E navex f ba Followup MachineOwner --------- Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version X Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is msdl Executable search path is Windows Server Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x compatible Product LanManNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by srv sp gdr - Machine Name Kernel base x PsLoadedModuleList x af c Debug session time Wed Jul GMT- System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck E c b ef a b a a c Probably caused by hardware afd AfdTransmitFile a Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis KERNEL MODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED M e This is a very com... Read more

A:BSOD, Kernel_Mode_Exception_Not_Handled_M

you might want to post this in operating system and software.
i would suggest reinstalling windows myself.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-kernel_mode_exception_not_handled_m.130798/
Relevancy 22.79%

First my PC specs nForce video distortion Strange crash issue involving i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard Geforce GT W Strange crash issue involving video distortion ATX V PSU Intel Core Quad Q Kentsfield G SKILL GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Recently my PC has developed an issue that is plaguing it with crashes I ve only noticed this specific issue happen when playing the game Warcraft III which is strange as my PC specs are much higher than what is needed for such an old game The textures will distort out of control and I will be left Strange crash issue involving video distortion with blurred colors sometimes the PC won t crash immediately but rather after I do something that involves a Strange crash issue involving video distortion major graphics change IE opening a video game or pressing quot show desktop quot My mouse is one of the peculiar aspects of the distortion as it also is distorted My mouse will look as if it blew up and there will be colors around it that weren t there before Naturally one would suspect the video card but that s where I m stumped Recently I purchased a set of ram same ones I m using now and a new video card Geforce GTX The Ram was DoA so I RMA d it and have yet to receive a pair that actually works in my computer The video card seemed to work fine but after a week this issue started I RMA d the card and shipped it out putting my old card back in And then it started up again With a completely different card that has worked fine for over a year My friend suggested this could also be caused by my Ram or processor I did a memtest and left it on over night hours I awoke to quot errors quot I just ran a program called quot CPU Stability test quot and it ran for hours no errors Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this nbsp

A:Strange crash issue involving video distortion

Sounds like video card or memory... But it could be a cpu fan, incorrect thermal paste, bad cable..
Everything needs to be tested in a systematic fashion... But it has to be a hardware iisue...
I would run MemTest 86 one more time, on one module at a time... for four hours or 7 passes, which ever is longer... and no going to bed while it runs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-crash-issue-involving-video-distortion.130727/
Relevancy 15.05%

Just got a gift from a friend. A Panasonic CF48E. Put a new HD in it, Installed WIN XP pro, and was happy... NO sound.. Looking at the Control panell, looks like the Multimedia Audio Controller has a ( ! ) in the yellow circle. Downloaded what seems to be the correct drivers for it, ir starts to install but mid installation I get the Blue SOD, that says portcls.sys, and it shuts down, and restarts the laptop real fast ( no time to read what the blue screen says..
Anyone see that problem before?
Any solutions? I read all kinds of suggestions, but none work.
Help please.

A:Panasonic CF-48 E Portcls.sys BSOD

Try here:
http://www.panasonic.com/business/toughbook/toughbook-products.asp?cm_mmc=PCSC_Toughbook-_-iProspect_PPC%20-_-Google-_-panasonic%20toughbook

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/panasonic-cf-48-e-portcls-sys-bsod.130384/
Relevancy 23.22%

UPDATE After trying for months to figure this problem out and nearly throwing No errors Crash / Frequent the machine out the window I ve found the issue for certain It was the processor I received the replacement a week ago and haven t had a problem since Everything runs fast cool and without error Thanks to all who helped out UPDATE I ve been having a problem where my computer will freeze and just sit Frequent Crash / No errors there No errors no BSOD just frozen until I do a hard reset Upon reboot there are no indications of any errors there aren t any errors in any of the system logs and there aren t any logs in the minidump folder for windows I ve left the machine on for more than an hour and Frequent Crash / No errors it just sits there frozen System specs Windows XP SP Asus P N-D Nvidia GT x gb Corsair XMS DDR Memory Corsair HX Power Supply I believe it to be Frequent Crash / No errors one of the components causing the issue and would love some help on how to isolate the troublesome component Here s where I m at I thought it was the video card so I swapped it out with an ATI X I got another lockup I removed one of the sticks of RAM and placed it into another machine and that machine runs great No errors or lock ups Just to verify that the gt was good I placed it in the same machine as the RAM and it also runs like a champ So now I m stuck I ve been getting lockups in the machine for several months and they were getting progressively worse Something isn t working right Any suggestions nbsp

A:Frequent Crash / No errors

Put your memory back in and run Memtest86 from a boot floppy or cd if you don't have a floppy. Let it run for several hours on both sticks unless its obvious theres something wrong. If you get errors you might be able to RMA the ram, Corsair is really good about it, just copy down the error codes and go to there web site and make an RMA request. Sometimes bad ram gets out into the world and they know its coming back to them, so there really good about it. I once had two bad 512mb sticks or DDR they didn't even make anymore, so they sent me two 1gig sticks to replace them. Cool huh?

Oh, I forgot, you might want to go into the bios and set safe defaults and see what happens.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/frequent-crash-no-errors.128163/
Relevancy 15.05%

i was redirected here from the BSOD help as it may be a hardware problem I have a Gateway laptop running Windows XP media center edition with SP and whenever i try logging in it either boots me before loading up or within the first - seconds i have tried running in the last good configuration and safe mode but they dont work it just shuts off without a blue screen the screen has had trouble in the past and doesnt work well now so it is plugged into a computer monitor could that be the reason its having problems the thing is it has used this monitor for a good months at least before having problems I lent the laptop to my girlfriend so she could have a computer in her room with internet then it started doing this there is nothing of major importance on this computer so i really just wanna do a full system restore or repair but i dont know how The system wont stay on long enough and i dont have my cd key either i did just have one successful log in with an error report i am doing the list of things in and log hardly can BSOD microsoft says to do currently looking for updated drivers EDIT BSOD d then got back in and performed a BSOD and can hardly log in quick scan found nothing doing a full scan in hopes it finds something helpful nbsp

A:BSOD and can hardly log in

Memory or failing hard drive... You may have to take it in for service. What kind of scan, memory?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-and-can-hardly-log-in.129603/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi,
Recently i suffer from BSOD on a daily basis. I can't put any finger on the reason, cause i see no rule. I suspect Outlook 2003 or AVG.
I have attached the the dump file. I dont know how to read it.
Please advise.
regards,
Tany

A:BSOD on XP SP3

What hardware or software did you install just prior to getting bsods?

Your current minidump shows "Stop 0xBE"

Which indicates that a driver attempted to write to read-only memory.

Possible Resolutions:

? A Stop 0xBE message might occur after installing a faulty device driver, system service, or firmware. If a Stop message lists a driver by name, disable, remove, or roll back the driver to correct the problem. If disabling or removing drivers resolves the issues, contact the manufacturer about a possible update. Using updated software is especially important for multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, DVD playback, and CD mastering tools.Click to expand...

Since you suspect AVG and since others have reported issues with AVG8, you may wish to try (Free products, available here)
Avira ... http://www.techspot.com/downloads/41-antivir-personal-edition.html
or Avast ... http://www.techspot.com/downloads/223-avast-home-edition.html

Because of reported security issues, I do not use Outlook, so others will need to assist you there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-on-xp-sp3.129345/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hello... I'm new here.

I was using my laptop and there were updates. So I installed them before shutting down... but after I checked up on it again, there was a BSOD. The error was Stop Error 000000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. Somebody help me please. My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite A215-S4747.

Thank you

A:Toshiba Laptop BSOD

Re: 0x50 errors

Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause Stop 0x50 messages.

Possible Resolutions:

? If you added new hardware recently, remove and replace the hardware to determine if it is causing or contributing to the problem. Run diagnostics software supplied by the hardware manufacturer to determine if the component has failed.

? Stop 0x50 messages can also occur after installing faulty drivers or system services. If the file name is listed, you need to disable, remove, or roll back that driver. If not, disable the recently installed service or application to determine if this resolves the error. If this does not resolve the problem, contact the hardware manufacturer for updates. Using updated drivers and software is especially important for network interface cards, video adapters, backup programs, multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, and CD mastering tools. If an updated driver is not available, attempt to use a driver from a similar device in the same family. For example, if printing to a Model 1100C printer causes Stop 0x50 errors, using a printer driver meant for a Model 1100A or Model 1000 might temporarily resolve the problem.Click to expand...

Can you boot to safe mode? (f8 after power up - and after bios password if enabled).
From safe mode, right click on my computer, click on properties, click on "hardware" tab, click on "device manager" button.
Check for yellow or red flags... roll back drivers these drivers if possible.

I would like for you to check for memory errors as well...
Use Memtest... See this tutorial... http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

Since these errors can have many causes...
I would like for you also to go to the Virus and Malware board, and follow carefully the 8 steps.
See here http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html

Until we can get a stable system for you, you may need to download the tools to another computer, and then burn them to a cd for use on the Toshiba.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-laptop-bsod.129164/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hi

When I try to use winrar to unrar a compressed file or something like that, it appears de blue screen and I hear the sound of the hard disk powering down I think (it's the same noise that the hard drive makes when I turn off my computer)

This problem started few days ago when I installed Jdownloader but I don't thing that the problem is related to it.

History: a year ago I got 2 hard drives in raid 1 mode and they failed but the disks are ok. I think that failed the motherboard's raid controller or disk controller. I've got the same mother with a diferent hard disk for a year ago.

Please help!

thanks
August

A:Bsod, Kernel Stack Input Error

Sounds like a memory problem... Test the system memory

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-kernel-stack-input-error.129257/
Relevancy 14.62%

i am having a little bit of an inconvenience with this pesky bsod error message it reads hardware malfunction call your hardware vendor for support NMI Parity check memory parity error the system has halted i have been skimming through forum threads from around of people having a similar problem but they all had dells and it occurred mostly in laptops i have got a heavily modded hp d small form factor desktop in fact the malfunction error hardware Bsod only thing i have that has anything to do with dell is my two monitors and a little CAT wired network Bsod hardware malfunction error pci adapter i installed a gig of ddr Kingston ram a agp video card and that dell net adapter all at the same time the problem started happening like a couple of weeks after that the old thread that i found is pages long and i haven t had time to read the whole thing i think it is that netcard but i dont want to open up my case take it out and the problem still occur so i wanted to know if anyone knew whether it is or isn t the problem b c like i said i upgraded other stuff at the same time thanks zach nbsp

A:Bsod hardware malfunction error

The parity check error is a likely pointer to defective (or poorly seated) memory,
Please run memtest... See this tutorial... http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

Note that memtest should be allowed to run a minimum of 7 full passes. Each pass has eight tests of inclreasing complexity. This means that it will run a while. Allowing it to run overnight should give it enough time. Since it runs from its own environment, windows bsod will not be a problem. Any errors means you have one or more defective memory modules. If you find errors, you may wish to run Memtest on each module. If you bought the memory as a kit, you will likely need to RMA both modules.

Please also include some of your minidumps as attachments to your next post.
The name and model of your MB would also help. Some MB's are notoriously touchy about the ram that you use. If your Kingston ram is not on the MB maker's list for your board, this may be the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-hardware-malfunction-error.129155/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi,

I've been playing EVE online on my HP510 fine for several months when all of a sudden I am getting a blue screen with reference to Page in non paged area - further down the screen it mentions ialmdev5.dll. The machine uses a Mobile Intel 915GM/GMS 910GML Express Chipset for it's graphics and has worked fine the last couple of months.

I have downloaded the latest drivers from the HP site site, and have run 3x different memory test programmes - none of which found an error since I understand there can be RAM issues which cause this.

I am a little confused what could suddenly stp the thig from working - there was no patch and I have not installed new software,

I'm at a bit of a loss what to do now - any ideas or help?

A:BSOD - possible graphics problem?

ialmdev5.dll is an intel chipset driver. Go to HP's support site under your computers model and download and install the Intel Chipset drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-possible-graphics-problem.128495/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hey people Now i know theres probably alot of threads on this topic already but this problem is a Just sick bsod problem - this ATI of about little different to what people have been describing I just helped my friend build his computer and i recommended all the pieces and put it all together installed everything etc Anyway about - minutes into a game it ll crash to the bsod Here s the interesting bit I used to have an ati card myself and it would do the exact same thing with every game i played My friends on the other hand so far its only doing it on NFS - Undercover and the latest Prince of Persia My hypothesis is the game loads into the ram but somehow or another the ati drivers do something crazy and stop unused data from being discarded Just about sick of this problem - ATI bsod out of the ram so it fills up the ram Just about sick of this problem - ATI bsod then the pagefile then crashes to bsod Thats my theory If anyone has any idea of what Just about sick of this problem - ATI bsod the hell is going on here it ll be greatly appreciated Here s his pc s specs case - nzxt tempest psu - antec truepower quattro w mobo - asus m a deluxe cpu - amd phenom am ghz ram - corsair ddr x gb mhz model no AL-TWIN X - C DF graphics - gigabyte hd hhd - seagate barracuda tb os - windows vista ultimate x sp I came to that hypothesis because when i had my ati card depending on the amount of ram the game used greatly factored how long it would take to crash to bsod I ve been looking around and so far i ve found these theories of how to fix it ati drivers werent tested properly on -bit vista the latest CCC drivers screw up big-time its dodgy memory There s alot more i could list but they re just a load of crap i m pretty damn sure its not the memory since we played crysis warhead on it for hours straight It could be the CCC but i dont think it is if it was i think it d be more of a driver problem then anything else which means uninstalling CCC won t make a difference I m really thinking it s a vista -bit problem but i cant find out until he brings the comptuer back over to my house So does anyone think they know whats going on here I m not a junior in computer repair i ve built and repaired plenty of laptops and computers to know what i m doing but i ve never needed to use a debug program so i might need some insight into how to do that if anyone needs a debug report or whatever Again thanks nbsp

A:Just about sick of this problem - ATI bsod

Try updating the ASUS motherboards bios

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-about-sick-of-this-problem-ati-bsod.128178/
Relevancy 14.62%

After fitting 8gb of crucial ram in my pc, i went back to crucials website to try out the memory scanner tool just out of curiosity. As soon as i try to run it it gives me an instant BSOD!! This happens on my brothers pc also. He has 8gb of diffrent brand ram. Any one else have/had this problem?

Its not really a big issue, im just curious.

A:Crucial memory scanner BSOD

Does this really matter? If everthing else works ok...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crucial-memory-scanner-bsod.128140/
Relevancy 15.05%

hey guys...

i hope you guys can help me....i'm really having a hard time figuring out why pc goes blue screen of death whenever i play with garena(gg client)....when i had vista...it always crashes(bsod) even on 1v1!!!!i switched to xp and it still crashes 6 out of 10 times.....but when i play on my own...it doesnt bsod... the worst thing it can do is shut the program....only happens rarely.....

i have a laptop computer with:

T2050 1.6 ghz
2gb ram
intel gma 950

i hope you guys can help me with my problem.....thanks!!!

A:BSOD on warcraft dota?

The laptop may be overheating...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-on-warcraft-dota.128090/
Relevancy 15.05%

Wondering if anyone can help figure out why I'm getting this error.
Stop 0x0000008E(0x00000092,0xA65CDFEC,0xBA4D3BC8,0x00000000)
CHDAU32.sys Address A65CDFEC base at A65BD000
DATE STAMP 4851C198
My laptop is a Lenovo Thinkpad T400 model 2765T6U. I purchased it in January of this year and I'm upset that there is already a major error.

Other specs: Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 @2.26Ghz with Intel Turbo Memory (2GB)
Cache Memory L2 Cache 3MB
Ram: 2GB DDR3 SDRAM 1066mhz PC2-8500
HD 160GB 7200 rpm
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD3470

Since it was just purchased there have been no hardware changes. Thanks for the help.

A:Help with BSOD

Read: All about Minidumps and diagnosing them

Please check: Start-> Run-> C:\Windows\Minidump
For any Minidumps to Attach

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-bsod.127861/
Relevancy 15.05%

Got BSOD with xcfe.sys address 93606F02 base at 93605000 datestamp 4899d276.

I am currently not able to get computer to post at all no other issues before hand

7750 Kuma
780g FullHD ASROCK
4670 Radeon
4GB (2X2GB) OCZ Ram
Vista Ultimate

A:Xcfe.sys BSOD

No idea what that is. Is the CPU fan running and can you hear the hard drive spinning? Remove all peripherals inside the computer (if it's not a laptop) then put them in one at a time, turning off the computer before installing the next peripheral, then on again etc. If the computer works without one of the devices then you found the culprit. Do the same with the RAM if you have more than one module. Could be a number of things. Also test the power supply with a multimeter or power supply tester. Let us know?!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xcfe-sys-bsod.127588/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi I got a new Inspiron laptop just a couple of days ago Its a T C D Ghz processor intel chipset with integrated graphics gb ram I had to reinstall vista after it went into Multiple BSOD a continuous loop - configuring updates shutting down confiiguring updates - after some windows updates None of the windows startup repair options worked Now after the reintall I am getting a lot of BSODs errors shown are IRQL Multiple BSOD NOT LESS OR EQUAL MEMORY MANAGEMENT REGISTRY ERROR and PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA most common being memory mgmt chkdsk shows no errors the memory test in the startup repair shows hardware errors with a msg that I need to contact the manufacturer Have updated all drivers and the bios but all that has changed is that the number of bsod instances have reduced from per hr to or Also in several instances the BSOD is preceded by services such as RPC Bluetooth wireless shutting down with the event viewer showing registry is corrupted Not sure what the problem is though have a feeling its something to do with a faulty RAM nbsp

A:Multiple BSOD

If you want to test your RAM use memtest:

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download the latest ISO version. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn to a CD.

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. (You might have to place your drive as first bootable in your BIOS) The test will take over.

4. Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

5. If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

6. Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don?t need to run the test any further on that stick.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-bsod.124531/
Relevancy 15.05%

Im working on my friends computer and it keeps crashing Specs MSI MS- Ver Intel Celeron Ghz MB Kingston PC New nVidia GeForce Mb AGP x GB Hitachi Hard Drive Sony DVD CD Burner watt Thermaltake PSU At first the on-board VGA stopped working I replaced it with a even reformat BSOD after Random AGP card and it worked fine for a month before it started having problems The original of the original ram sticks in bank stopped working Kept getting random BSOD s so I tossed the old Random BSOD even after reformat ram and left in the new Kingston stick Installed the new stick and it still BSOD s randomly They were very random but I got one written down x E xC x xB x IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL I thought Ram So I ran the stick on both DIMM slots with memtest multiple times and it found NO errors CPU temp oC at idle Random BSOD even after reformat cleaned heatsink applied AS still BSOD Next I broke the system down to the basics PSU CPU RAM Video card HD CD drive STILL BSOD Next I swapped out the PSU still BSOD Test hard drive with HDAT Hitachi drive fitness passed Reformat HD and reinstall Xp Pro not loading any Mobo drivers still BSOD Installed Mobo drivers minus nVidia drivers still BSOD Removed front panel USB connectors Swapped HD full format reinstall OS still BSOD Swapped Video card still BSOD BIOS is up to date only add-in card is the Video card I am at a loss spending wayy too much time on this thing Any help would be appreciated I know mini-dump files would be some help but I just re-formatted the HD again and havent reloaded the OS yet and im beat for now The only things I havent crossed out are the CPU and Mobo Are there any DOS based programs that I can use to test it The only boot disk I have ATM is Hirens Im guessing the Mobo may have crapped out especially since the on-board Video broke The on-board LAN works intermittently The system was built by another dude two years ago I dont see any damge on the Mobo Please help Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Random BSOD even after reformat

Sounds like the Chipset is knackered to be honest, it seems to be having problems across the entire spectrum, so I'd say it's the motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-bsod-even-after-reformat.126725/
Relevancy 22.79%

Specs: OS: WinXP Professional 5.1 SP2 (Build #2600) CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3400+ Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS (1152x864x32bpp 85Hz) Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio [D800] Memory: 1GB

My PC is giving me some pretty annoying issues. To cover the bases I know of first... all of my hard drives are in good condition, I use Disk Keeper regularly. When I try to play games like World of Warcraft, Counter Strike Source, or even sometimes flash games... I'll notice that my PC gets laggier and laggier.. and if I hit Ctrl + Alt + Del, it says my PF usage is around 900 and rising. It eventually crashes and there's this high pitched nonstop beep.

Not really sure what the deal is.. my computer has been doing this since I built it.

A:Crash, high pitched beep, PF usage more?

What are the specs of those hard drives? Your power supply may not be big enough for your hardware

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crash-high-pitched-beep-pf-usage-more.125323/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi all well i m hoping you guys can help I have recently purchased a new system i GTX and Msi Pro mobo with some ram of course I m getting random BSODs From what I can tell anyway I performed the memtest thingy all night last night with no errors I first installed XP sp on it and started getting BSOD randomly so I installed help new i7 Pro BSOD GTX260 MSI Windows bit which I have on it now however the same thing is BSOD new i7 GTX260 MSI Pro help happening I m usually quite good with these BSOD new i7 GTX260 MSI Pro help things but this time i need help I ve done the searches on the net but to no avail I dont know where to go next I m considering buying a test vid card for bucks just so see if it still happens with it installed but dont really want to Oh some specs Inno d GTX drivers - not oc d Corsair HX psu i - stock speed not OC d in any way MSI pro x -latest Bios crappy kingston gb ram all they had at the time Win Bit - fresh install build x WD Gb hdds in Raid Antec case As far as I can tell the ram is ok I ve tried changing the pci slot that the vid card is in but same thing Latest nvidia drvs for Win bit Hope to hear from you all soon nbsp

A:BSOD new i7 GTX260 MSI Pro help

hi wolf

Please upload your minidumps so we can have them analysed.

Spyder_1386

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-new-i7-gtx260-msi-pro-help.126116/
Relevancy 15.05%

I keep getting BSODs with either DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA.

Ive have attached two of the latest minidumps

A:BSOD - PAGE_FAULT and DRIVER_IRQL

System specs including OS & SP would help. I am looking at a dump right now, assuming XP sp3
Your error on the second dump was 0x50 ...
But the Widbg report points to Vista... so you are not running XP...
I suspect this information is still valid.

This kind of error is usually associated with a memory problem.
Download Memtest86+ from www.memtest.org
Let it run for at least seven passes and see what it comes up with.
There are 8 tests per pass, and it will take a while...
If you start getting errors, you can stop, and remove one stick ... test the sticks one at a time to isolate the issue.
If your memory comes up clean, we can explore other options, but this is the likely place to start.

From MS

These errors may be caused by one or more of the following:

* Hardware failure (memory, processor, or motherboard).
* Anti-virus software that is running on your computer.
* Drivers installed by third-party software.

RESOLUTION
To resolve these behaviors, perform one or more of the following: Replace the f...
To resolve these behaviors, perform one or more of the following:

* Replace the faulty hardware. You may be able to determine the faulty hardware by running diagnostics provided by the manufacturer. Please contact the hardware manufacturer for more information.
* Disable any anti-virus software that is running on your computer. If the STOP errors no longer occur, contact the anti-virus software manufacturer about a possible upgrade.
* Disable any third-party drivers that may be running. If the STOP errors no longer occur, contact the third-party manufacturer about a possible upgrade.Click to expand...

Your first dump showed a different error.... 0xD1 error and these are almost always caused by faulty drivers/buggy software.
the analysis points to ntoskrnl.exe which is too general to help. In another case, video drivers were at issue...

Questions...
Are your video drivers updated?
Did your issues begin after starting some new activity? (like a new Game perhaps?)
Since both errors (0x50 and 0xD1) can point at drivers, this might be the place to start.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-page_fault-and-driver_irql.126443/
Relevancy 15.05%

This is a problem I ve been having for some months now I ve tried to troubleshoot my entire computer from day one and I ve gotten rid of lots of different problems One problem remains wont BSOD after PC boot though Some times often during the night or other times where I m AFK for a longer period of time - hours maybe shorter I get an ugly BSOD on my screen After this BSOD my computer wont boot In order to make the computer boot up I have to manually flash the BIOS something that gets very annoying in the long run What happens is I shut it down removing the BSOD I then turn it back on but no components are responding The screen is black gets no signal the keyboard has no signal the num- and capslock lights doesn t respond and the mouse s lazer is off I can t hear the HDD working either Has anyone got any idea what is going on PC wont boot after BSOD The BSOD BCCode returned is as follows BCCode c BCP C E BCP C BCP B BCP OSVer SP Product The quot BCCode C quot error is not familiar to me I can t even figure out what it is using Google so I guess this is sort of a last resort I would also like to know what Product is This product ID has appeared on every BSOD error I have gotten so that would probably help out a lot I hope some of you can help it would be greatly appreciated Specs Corsair Powersupply W Black ATX EPS MSI P Platinum Corsair Dominator TWIN X C D MB Intel Core Duo E GHz HIS Radeon HD MB IceQ nbsp

A:PC wont boot after BSOD

"I have to manually flash the BIOS"...

Do you actually mean "reset" the bios?

Does the computer keep the correct time when it is running? The CMOS battery may be dead or the motherboard is defective

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-wont-boot-after-bsod.126362/
Relevancy 14.62%

hi all Recently i have been having problems with my geforce gt agp video card In games mostly ut k after a while the computer will freeze for about seconds then crash with a bsod saying that my video bsod loop 6600gt with Infinite driver was caught in an Infinite loop bsod with 6600gt infinite loop I am using driver version These drivers use to work perfectly with this card I have been using them for months and had no problems until recently I heard that these are the best drivers for this card I tried reinstalling the video drivers which worked for about an hour but then it crashed again After uninstalling the drivers i made sure every trace of the old install was gone by using driver cleaner pro so the drivers shouldn t be corrupt or conflicting with something Ive also tried other driver versions but they had the same issues The card does not seem to be overheating At the time it crashed the temp measured degrees Could this be an issue with my video card Could it have something wrong with it Or am i overlooking something here Thanks Nissanman nbsp

A:Infinite loop bsod with 6600gt

If you've already tried Driver Cleaner Pro, perhaps giving Driver Sweeper a try might produce better results. It's a very similar program, but I've used it many times and I've found, on some occasions, it to work a little better than Cleaner. Have you recently patched the game or downloaded any additional content for it. Have you tried reinstalling the game? 66 degrees is a little toasty, but it shouldn't crash the card unless the thermal is starting to lose its heat dissipation. You could always reapply some thermal compound, like Arctic Silver, to the core and see what happens. If you have the fan running at stock speeds, you can download RivaTuner to adjust it during games. Usually, a game will start to lag a bit, there may be some artifacts, and then it will quit if the video card is overheating. A BSOD is usually the product of misconfigured or incompatible software (i.e. the display driver). In your case, it's the configuration.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/infinite-loop-bsod-with-6600gt.124560/
Relevancy 15.05%

I have a problem with a pretty old sistem: spontaneous restarts and BSODs.
I formatted and reinstalled the OS,
I tested the RAM with MEMTEST86(no problem),
I tested the HARD DISK(no problem),
I changed the IDE cable,
I changed the power supply(500w),
I changed the Video and the problem persists.

my sistem :
- amd sempron 1800+
- 512 MB RAM pc3200
- asus a7n8x
- nvidia nforce fx5200
- dvdrw teac
- hdd western digital 200gb

I forgot to mention that sometimes i receive the message :"Warning!cpu overspeed!" when BIOS performs the "system inventory" and sometimes my cpu figures "1150Mhz", altough sometimes my cpu figures "1800+".

I hope you can help me with some advices.Sorry for my bad english.

A:Bsod, restarts - please help

Your motherboard is old. It might have some bulging capacitors around the CPU. Be prepared to buy a new motherboard, CPU, video card and memory... Or save for an entirely new computer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-restarts-please-help.125768/
Relevancy 14.62%

I can t seem to get my cpu past ghz without getting bsod right after the windows loading screen Is it just my rigs limit or is there any way to get it past ghz My specs are motherboard ga-m sli-s rev cpu amd athlon windsor ram becuase wintec is a quot registered dealer of aeneon memory quot i have gb sticks of wintec ampx ddr and gb sticks of aeneon ddr that say wintec ampx on them psu bfg tech LS- os windows vista bit home basic oem The multiplier is at and I cannot get the cpu or is it really the fsb but my bios says cpu past without a crash at the windows loading screen and I have tried changing the cpu voltage a little but not the memory voltage My temperature never gets past c with the cpu or is it the fsb at during stability tests I noticed in easy tune it says that my ram has been overclocked as well is that why its been crashing Here is a picture of my bios overclocking options http i photobucket com albums oo giganotasaurus bios overclocking jpg nbsp

A:Can't get CPU past 3ghz without bsod after windows loading screen

You might be able to get to higher speeds by pushing the CPU voltage, but that would make it run hotter. Core temperature scales in a linear fashion as core speed in MHz is increased, but core temperature scales geometrically when voltage is increased. In addition to higher temps, voltage increases reduce the life of the CPU. So basically I'm saying bump the voltage (at your own risk).

Make sure you're not FSB or memory limited by putting the CPU multiplier as high as it goes and the memory at the lowest possible speed. Put memory voltage to ~2.1v. I don't remember much about overclocking AMDs besides that basic kind of stuff.

According to The Overclocking World Record Database, the world record for Athlon 64 X2 5600+ Windsor core is 4151.4 MHz with a 1.68v core voltage. Setting your CPU to this sort of voltage is likely dangerous, but I'm just throwing that out there for you to show that 3 GHz is not the limit of these CPUs. Your particular chip might not clock any higher though so don't get excited

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-cpu-past-3ghz-without-bsod-after-windows-loading-screen.125423/
Relevancy 15.05%

Here s my problem a couple of weeks ago I started getting the BSOD with the most frequent message of quot Beginning physical memory dump quot Eventually I formatted and reinstalled windows still no success I ve updated drivers added registry scanners But no matter what (BSOD) Assistance appreciated I do the system gets worse I thought maybe it was because of a conflict with something I got from windows update But I m not tech savvy enough to diagnose and fix it I ve attached my PC stats from everest and I ve zipped and attached my minidumps If anyone could help me fix this it would make my day Also here are the logs from my event viewer I only have the ones since I reformatted Please let me know if you need more (BSOD) Assistance appreciated info EDIT Okay there is a forum for BSOD errors any chance a mod could move this thread I tried reloading the winzip (BSOD) Assistance appreciated file for some reason its not going through nbsp

A:(BSOD) Assistance appreciated

Sounds like unstable hardware, probably a power supply issue. Do you have another power supply that you can try?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-assistance-appreciated.125312/
Relevancy 14.62%

Just bought a new pc and a seperate copy of windows vista ultimate. I inserted the disk and I got to the screen that said "loading windows files" then after this it went black for a second the blue screen of death appeared.The first part of the error code was 0.0000007F and the rest were 0's. Anybody had this or know what it could mean? Here are the build

G31-M7 TE motherboard
intel quad-core 6600 processor
4GB ram
geforce 9800GT
1TB sata hard drive

A:BSOD on boot installing vista on new pc

When I read your issue I thought to myself, "That sounds like a memory issue." Here is the code and definition:

0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept). Hardware failures are the most common cause and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

Try this: Take out one stick of RAM at a time and try to load it. Any BSODs?

Do this: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html The good thing about this test is it engages almost immediately as you boot-up.

It could be your harddrive as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-on-boot-installing-vista-on-new-pc.125316/
Relevancy 14.62%

I get this BSOD

BCCode : 1000007e BCP1 : C000001D BCP2 : B941DF72 BCP3 : B404EBE0
BCP4 : B404E8DC OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

I downloaded new drivers, disable specs on the CPU (e8500) as recommended, but 3d game crash out regularly after about 30 mins or so.

Asus p5n-d is a bit of a dodgy MOBO but I tried everything that has been recommended including bios flashes, memory check, cpu heat checks and rectifying the correct nforce 750i drivers...latest windows updates...etc...

What is the crash? hardware or software? I have a Proline 500w psu and also run a single xfx geforce 9800gt, Intel core 2 duo e8500 wolfdale, Kingston ddr2 667 mem, 200 gig sata seagate hardrive and a cathode ray 17" monitor.

any clues ideas, other than a sledge hammer. Your help will be appreciated.

A:BSOD BCCode : 1000007e random crashes from what?

0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues. Check Event Viewer (EventVwr.msc) for additional information.

As you can tell the causes of this error are very diverse which makes it a difficult one, sometimes, to pin down. For clarification, are your BSODs only while doing 3d gaming? What about video card heat checks?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-bccode-1000007e-random-crashes-from-what.125137/
Relevancy 15.05%

I was on my desktop gaming as usual when a lovely BSOD flashed on my screen just quickly enough for me to not be able to read anything it said and then my computer restarted. After it restarted none of my hard drives show up in my bios and i cant get past the loadup screen seeing as how there is no windows showing up. I have 3 internal drives and 1 external that no longer show up in my Bios. I don't think that all 4 could have simultaneously failed and on top of that they are all relatively new. PLEASE someone help me, I have a project to finish before tomorrow

A:No hard drives after BSOD - help

Reset the motherboard's bios...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-hard-drives-after-bsod-help.124986/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi all I ve got myself a new pc but now all the excitement is fizzed out because this thing keeps crashing on me very too often This happens randomly and does it with a sound like something stuck somewhere System config Windows XP Professional Service Pack Gigabyte GA-MA GM-S HP mobo AMD Phenom tm Quad-Core Processor BIOs - Award Software International Inc F The eventvwr Frequent system crash shows the Event ID as and the Category as Error code a parameter parameter parameter parameter I ve analysed a minidump here are the details Debugging Details ------------------ READ ADDRESS CURRENT IRQL FAULTING IP nt PopProcessorIdle c fb movzx eax byte ptr edi h CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR xA PROCESS Frequent system crash NAME Idle LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from d c to STACK TEXT d c e nt PopProcessorIdle xc e nt KiIdleLoop x STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP nt PopProcessorIdle c fb movzx eax byte ptr edi h SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME nt PopProcessorIdle c FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME nt IMAGE NAME ntkrpamp exe DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP b d FAILURE BUCKET ID xA nt PopProcessorIdle c BUCKET ID xA nt PopProcessorIdle c I ve attached the minidump for your reference Please help me diagnose whats cauing this please Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Frequent system crash

What is the sound when it crashes? Does it beep-beep or beeeep? Also did you installed all drivers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/frequent-system-crash.124666/
Relevancy 14.62%

All right here goes About six HD ATI AGP 2600 Diamond Radeon Pro BSOD months ago I installed a new graphics card ATI Radeon HD Pro AGP from Diamond Multimedia in my aging Dell Dimension along with some new RAM GB After some initial difficulties with the Blue Screen of Death I was able to get it to work simply it stopped But now they re back and worse than ever The most recent one was titled quot PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA quot and cited the file quot ntfs sys quot Also my computer is running a bit slower and quot Diamond ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro AGP BSOD My Computer quot refuses to open no error just nothing happens when I double click on it I ve tried reinstalling the drivers that came on the CD there are none online I ve checked and I ve gotten it to work but it still gives me the BSOD seemingly without reason The errors have been happening more frequently as time goes on and seemingly without reason Even as I am typing this another one has occurred as I attempted to login Another quot PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA quot I ll attach the minidumps as soon as I can get into My Computer I m about ready to boot into safe mode Thanks I m kind of desperate Arcelios nbsp

A:Diamond ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro AGP BSOD

I almost forgot; I keep getting a message saying that some of my registry data had to be recovered from a backup copy, and that the recovery was successful.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/diamond-ati-radeon-hd-2600-pro-agp-bsod.124422/
Relevancy 37.41%

Specs Intel Core Duo E Processor BX E - GHz MB Cache MHz FSB Wolfdale Dual-Core Retail Socket Processor with Fan MPN BX E and 9800 with reboot Nvidia BSOD Crash 1GB GX2 XFX nForce i -Way SLI Motherboard - NVIDIA nForce i Socket ATX Audio PCI Express Dual Gigabit LAN S PDIF USB Firewire Serial ATA RAID MPN Crash reboot and BSOD with Nvidia 9800 GX2 1GB MB-N -ISH XFX GeForce GX Video Card - Extreme Edition FREE Call Crash reboot and BSOD with Nvidia 9800 GX2 1GB of Duty PC Game GB DDR PCI Express SLI Ready Dual Link Dual DVI HDMI MPN PVT UZHEU Corsair Dual Channel MB PC DDR MHz Memory x MB MPN TWIN X - C DHX Seagate Barracuda TB Hard Drive - RPM MB SATA- OEM MPN ST AS SY Ultra LSP -Watt Power Supply - ATX SATA-Ready SLI-Ready mm Fan MPN Crash reboot and BSOD with Nvidia 9800 GX2 1GB ULT-LSP Microsoft Windows XP Pro SP OEM Version MPN E - A The Problem I knew better the last time I opened Nvidia Control panel Performance I got this same problem But I have updated the drivers since then and now it seems worse I just opened up the performance tab I didn t even get to see the settings load before it crashed I get a quick BSOD flash and then a reboot It reboots back up without any problems then within a few minutes it reboots again I have started in safe mode with network enabled and it hasn t given me any problems I am not sure what I did last time to fix the problem I just remembered I shouldn t go anywhere near the performance settings Just like this time simply clicking on the tab to view the settings crashed the computer But last time the crash only happened when I clicked that tab Now it seems to crash within a few minutes after restarting the computer I can get in and open a program but it crashes pretty quick I have attached the DXDiag report that i just ran from safe mode I can provide any other info you need to help me get this fixed I would say I am an expert user This is probably the th computer i have built from parts It runs so well as long as this stupid thing isn t messing it up Sometimes i get a few green artifacts when running games L D HL Crysis FarCry COD It doesn t affect the game play but they are noticeable This system runs all of those games on max settings at x except Crysis If you have any ideas please help me out I need my computer back Update add screen freezing to the list of problems It will either freeze or restart I have tried to uninstall all the nvidia stuff in safe mode but I keep getting quot Failed to complete installation Install quot I cant uninstall the nvidia stuff so every time i restart it keeps rebooting GAH nbsp

A:Crash reboot and BSOD with Nvidia 9800 GX2 1GB

*update* fixed!

*UPDATE* FIXED!
I started it up today(in safe mode), and in my frustration with not being able to uninstall the nvidia apps, i just deleted all the nvidia folders in my programs. then when i started up in normal mode it was stable. I was able to finish officially uninstalling the rest of the nvidia components and then i did a full reinstall of the drivers and software. so far so good! Thanks for your ideas!
-Nate

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crash-reboot-and-bsod-with-nvidia-9800-gx2-1gb.124255/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hey, first-timer here.

Overnight my laptop was left to update itself as usuall, but when I got to it this morning I found it repeatedly flashing a BSOD with the error:

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

I have attempted countless boots into safe mode, all throw the same BSOD at me.
My machine is an HP Pavillion ze4900 model laptop running WinXP Home (well.. was).

I've tried a some "common remedies" but none seems to be effective at all..
Does anyone have an idea on how to recover from this, or is my laptop to hence-forth be known as a brick.

(If any solutions involve removing the HDD, you will need to explain in detail as I have not seen anything obvious on the underside)

Many thanks!

A:BSOD - Unmountable_Boot_volume

Please run CheckDisk from your Windows XP Home CD
Info here ("From Boot Up") http://www.techspot.com/vb/post694184-133.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-unmountable_boot_volume.124222/
Relevancy 23.22%

I am currently having an issue which I thought related to WOW but now it happens all the time Problem one is the system crashes screen goes black I get quot no signal quot on the monitor but all the fans and everything are still running on the system and the system doesn t reboot I have to switch it off to get it started again Second problem is whilst playing games and now even when opening the browser the to crash Everything is my causing computer screen goes multi coloured I can still see the original game or browser I have open but can t read a thing on it I am currently running an Athlon x ghz with gig of ram and a Nvidia geforce gt I am running Vista Is my system telling me the video card is shot or is there another issue with it I have updated the drivers to no avail I thought the system might be overheating but Everything is causing my computer to crash its now running with the side off the case and there is good airflow so I Everything is causing my computer to crash dont think it is overheating Right now the computer will only run for minutes last crash occurred whilst the control panel screen was open nbsp

A:Everything is causing my computer to crash

Check RAM compatability.

Have you been running this setup for long?
Have you tweaked BIOS settings?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/everything-is-causing-my-computer-to-crash.124149/
Relevancy 14.19%

Having a really annoying problem with my sound driver (ha20x22k.sys) in Windows XP lately, keeps reoccurring more frequently now it seems. I will be listening to music and at the end of a random track, the system will freeze for a split second and then go to a bsod w/ the following information:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

****STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000008, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x9D3AA47F)

*ha20x22k.sys address stamp 9D3AA47F

The sound card is a Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty. I do not believe the card itself is to blame for I am running the latest drivers and it works fine under Windows 7. Any help with this would be extremely appreciated. I've attached the corresponding minidump. Thanks in advance!

A:Sound Driver Causing BSOD - STOP info & minidump

Long shot but try this:

Rename: c:\windows\system32\adi_oal.dll to adi_oal.OLD
Also disable any onboard sound in Bios Setup

Please let me know if it fixed the fault

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-driver-causing-bsod-stop-info-minidump.123835/
Relevancy 15.05%

I was in the middle of checking my email when I got the BSOD. I powered down the computer and waited 30 seconds. When I went to power it up, the HDD LED came ON steady, all fans were running, but nothing happened. I tried another memory stick and the same thing. I tried another hard drive, still nothing. Tried resetting my Bios and nothing. Any hints here as to what else I can try? This is my old computer with a K7 mobo (Dragon Soyo Plus), AMD 1900+, 1 GB PC2100, 80GB HDD and MX4000 GeForce DDR 128MB video card. Thanks.

A:Computer quit with BSOD

Hi gilloz,

Have you tried disconnecting all externals except keyboard, mouse and monitor?

Cheers,

Taff.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-quit-with-bsod.123515/
Relevancy 23.22%

Well straight to the point Usually Guild Wars burn crash and whilst im playing Guild Wars in some specific areas and ones in which with lots of actions going on my whole pc will freeze the sound the video everything which results in a restart However my PC never used to behave like this Guild Wars crash and burn and i have not modded anything on my pc System information Motherboard Asus K N Graphics Card nVidia Geforce FX Processor AMG Sempron RAM GB MB MB of DDR Ram My hard drive is an gig but i don t think that has anything to do with the problem Anyhow like i said this never used to happen and i don t see why it should be now however it is limiting to me with what i can do in the game As far as i ve researched it could be anything to do with confliction between my graphics card and the onboard sound to the graphics card being broken to my pc overheating to voltage issues to my reqs to play GW to low highly unlikely if not impossible imo and Guild Wars crash and burn i ve even heard corruption in my guild wars files I ve tried re-installing updating drivers not including my motherboard it confuses the hell out of me taking the cover of my pc off to prevent overheating and taking off a few connections to LED s i had placed in my PC Im not sure about what issue it could be i am clueless or i wouldn t be here nbsp

A:Guild Wars crash and burn

Your video card isnt that powerful. I can see if it gets too hot it would lock up on your.

What are the voltage requirements for your ram

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/guild-wars-crash-and-burn.123041/
Relevancy 14.62%

Well my system specs are in my profile but I'll put them here for simplicity sake as well.
Asus P5N-T Deluxe
Q6600 @ 3.0 Vcore 1.20v
2 x 2GB Corsair Dominator RAM @ 1066
2 x 8800GT stock
Razer Barracuda AC-1
750watt Corsair PSU
3 HDDs and DVD drive

Okay before you go and say its my overclocked CPU its been oced for months now and the problem has only recently just started. It usually happens when I'm playing a game of some sort but at random times, I played CSS for a good 3 hours then it reboot, other time less than an hour. It has happened most recently when I booted up FEAR 2 and I was was tweaking the games settings, after I had it setup just right and clicked New Game, system reboots. Any thoughts?

A:System Reboots but no BSOD or Error message

Is the video card overheating? Open the case and make sure that all the fans (including video fan) are clean and working properly. I'll try overclocking my Q6600 when I install my new motherboard next week

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-reboots-but-no-bsod-or-error-message.123113/
Relevancy 14.62%

This may well be the longest story of a failing computer you ve ever seen It started well over half a year ago and my Dell Dimension has been giving and and switching subsequent RAID failure BSOD HD me agony ever since Excuse me about all the detail in this I am clueless as to what the problem is so I included everything My computer use to give me grief by going to the dreaded BSOD on random occasions I was less computer literate at the time so I thought nothing of them A few months down the line an icon pops up and subsequently reappeared every other hour the HD switching and subsequent RAID and BSOD failure computer was on saying that there is a S M A R T event occurring on my Western Digital HD specs not important as you will see later I follow the icon to the Intel Storage Management system and it tells me that the HD is working fine I carry on gaming and general time wasting paying no attention to the S M A R T event the blue screens were still coming thick and fast My tolerance grew thin however and I started asking my computer-knowledgeable friends what on earth was going on - they simply said my computer was screwed and I had no chance in hell My computer also began to make a very disturbing noise it sounded like a loose fan case vibrating inside my computer so I simply blew into the fan vent at the right angle and intensity and the noise subsided for a few precious minutes pardon my ignorance What I didn t realise then that I have now is that the fan was part of the PSU no spec at hand sorry I decided to buy a new HD and see if the S M A R T events disappeared I bought a new SATA Hitachi HD rpm GB that seemed perfectly suitable my old WD HD was SATA also When I opened the computer and took out the old HD there were bubble-marks on the plastic cover - I presume that they were evidence of heat damage Ignoring this I did the following plugged the new HD into SATA port with my old one in SATA port turned it on in the BIOS booted the computer on USB CD Rom partitioned and formatted the new HD and installed Win XP I switched the old HD with the new HD so that the ports were now respectively and got the computer running After entering all the details to personalise the computer I tried to copy my old data across to my new HD I encountered a problem that caused copying to stop something about msfi line terminating - not the actual name but it had m but managed to get some important data across in small chunks as soon as I tried to copy it across in one go it got pissy I began to use the computer properly again for about or days when the BSODs came back again I decided hoping that it the easiest answer was the right one that I should remove the old HD I took it out sealed it in a plastic bag and turned it off in the BIOS I now have the new Hitachi HD in SATA port - hasn t been moved since the install I turn the computer on and it works a treat Few months down the line few days ago and I hit the series of random BSODs again This time the computer reboots and says that it has just recovered and I quote from a serious error I report it an option that came up and it comes up with a Microsoft website that says that there is a problem with my RAID controller Correct me if I m wrong but I thought that RAID was a configuration that dealt with multiple drives as a single drive I have one drive in there I followed a link to Intel Corporation website and tried to download the latest driver for the RAID controller It downloaded it tried to install but as soon as the bar hit a message pops up and says that my system doesn t meet the minimum system requirements after already entering Win XP as my OS I give up and decide to chill out after surfing for about mins I find that there is a Win XP service pack that I haven t downloaded I download it install it and everything is normal I say normal but what I mean is that five minutes later I am hit with another BSOD This time I uninstall the RAID controller reinstall and update the drivers all thr... Read more

A:HD switching and subsequent RAID and BSOD failure

Try installing a new power supply before you give up

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hd-switching-and-subsequent-raid-and-bsod-failure.122762/
Relevancy 23.22%

I just bout and install a new video card. It was running fine then just crashed in the middle of a game. I went to restart my system and nothing happened. No beeps on start up. I reinstalled my old card and my system is fine now. Is there something wrong with the card?

power supply 600 wats
Asus p4 533-c
P4 2.66
2 gigs ram
new video card: Sapphire Radeon HD 3650
old video card: G Force 4 TI
windows XP

A:Video card crash

"Is there something wrong with the card?"... In a word, YES! Return it and get a replacement

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-crash.122112/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have an Intel 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics controller and everytime I try to play Guild Wars the game will freeze and my PC will automatically restart. I have all the latest driver and graphics accelerator. The microsoft online crash report show that i have the following porblems:

Error: "Your system has recovered from a serious error. Display driver for the device was unable to complete a drawing operation. Display driver for the [graphics device] seems to be responsible for the instability. Check the manufacturer for a device driver update."

Error: "The driver for the display device got stuck in an infinite loop."

Error: "0xEA - Hardware Hang"

Error: "0x8E - Access Violation"

Error: "0x50 - Memory Issue"

Can anybody help me with this problem?
Thanks.

A:Guild Wars Crash

I program games in Direct X and some of these have interesting similarities.

Try this: go to start->run and type dxdiag. Once there, there should be a "DirectX Files" tab, click on that to see if there is any conflictions. If all is gravy you should get a message at the bottom saying no problems found.

Also, under the "Display" tab, try a test on your D3D, make sure it's all running as intended.

As a side note, make sure you're using DirectX 9.0c when you run these tests, as Guildwars makes heavy use of pixel shaders. A commodity not often found in On Board video. In this respect, the errors might be a not so polite way of saying your graphics card does not meet the requirements to play.

Have you ever been able to run Guildwars before on this machine? It's a very graphically intensive game, and requires some capable hardware.

Other things of Note:
Error: "0xEA - Hardware Hang"

Error: "0x8E - Access Violation"

Error: "0x50 - Memory Issue"

All of these point to memory allocation trouble aswell. The way that on board video memory works is that it shares the main System RAM and swaps it's data there. If you don't have enough RAM, then the game can't load everything required to run the game in addition to textures, models, etc for the graphics. You have to keep in mind that a lot of the "minimum" specs assume that you have a videocard with it's own memory.

This is to say that you have a 64MB videocard AND 128 MB of system RAM, for example. So if you run it on onboard video, you effectively will need the sum of both, around 196MB of RAM in order to run the game. If this is your problem, try and disable everything runing in the background that you don't need to play the game. Applications like AIM and the like eat up precious RAM you may be needing to run the game.

I'd be interested to hear some other people's ideas on this aswell, but it seems to me that the latter of these my speculations is closer to the problem.

Hope some of this helps my friend.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/guild-wars-crash.39607/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello I have recently just built a system off of parts that USB To My Devices Causing Computer Are Crash I had purchased from newegg The computer runs great however whenever I plug in USB devices my computer gets BSOD messages such as IRQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL If I manage to connect a storage usb device such as a flash drive or external hard drive the transfer time is terribly slow I tried putting drivers onto my computer with a usb drive however they were corrupted It was not because of the drive either since the driver file extracted and loaded up perfectly on my laptop Here is a list of things I have tried and ruled out as the problem I disabled usb legacy in the BIOS changed the memory out updated the bios updated the motherboard drivers nForce drivers I started the computer in diagnostic mode safe mode and I USB Devices Are Causing My Computer To Crash removed the usb drivers in device manager and rebooted however errors still occur Overheating is not an issue though I played Call of Duty World at War for an hour without a hitch at max settings I was using a ps keyboard and USB Devices Are Causing My Computer To Crash a usb mouse My computer seems to tolerate the usb mouse most of the time without it crashes My system includes a W power supply Intel q gigs of G Skill pin mhz memory asus p n-d motherboard and a gtx I m deciding whether I should return the motherboard for a refund or USB Devices Are Causing My Computer To Crash I should try and fix it quick I m thinking the motherboard is what the problem is Any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:USB Devices Are Causing My Computer To Crash

I had the same problem not to long ago, turned out that my usb ports were just wired wrong. I unhooked them and got out the motherboard owner's manuel and hooked them back up to correct places, then just like that the ports were working fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-devices-are-causing-my-computer-to-crash.121454/
Relevancy 23.65%

I am having an issue with my laptop, it is a Acer with Win XP. When I power it up, it immediately asks how I want to start windows (normal, safe mode ect..) I have tried "normal" and "last known good configuration" and the pc just reboots and comes back up asking how to start windows. I selected just "safe mode" and the pc brought up the win XP logo, flashed a blue crash page quickly and rebooted again prompting on how to boot the pc. I changed the boot sequence to boot from CD Rom and inserted my original Win XP cd and tried to do a repair, I was told that there was no hard drive installed. I then tried to format using my XP cd and received the same error about no hard drive installed. Please any input would be greatly appreciated.

A:System crash, please help

Replace the hard drive, and reinstall Windows. Put the old, defective drive into a USB enclosure, then plug it into the usb port of the Acer to see if it will read the drive as a slave. If it will, drag and drop all your most valuable files from that drive to the new one, or another one... as you do not know how much longer it will last to even perform that task,

I it possible that it is another problem, such as a hard drive cable that has vibrated off or a power connector, or whatever, but the hard drive is the usual suspect.

To check the drive first, remove it by removing one or two screws to access the drive compartment, and unplug, then reseat the cables or sockets to the hard drive. If reseating the drive doesn't work, replace the drive. It is the cheapest thing you can do...

Depending upon where you live, you can replace the drive for $45 to $80 US... by going to www.newegg.com, www.pcmall.com, www.directron.com, www.zipzoomfly.com, www.outpost.com, www.techdepot.com, www.CDW.com, ot other such online computer supply store.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-crash-please-help.121135/
Relevancy 23.22%

I wonder whether you good people have a webcam that didn't cause you too much trouble installing the software and making it work.

I bought a Logitech E2500 one and it just crashes the computer everytime I try and launch it.

I've Googled it and it seems that Logitech's drivers are too large for most computers and this is the problem.

I am seriously thinking of taking it back to the shops and getting another make, but which one should I get that doesn't cause too many problems?

A:Webcam that won't crash my computer

The problem is likely elsewhere. We have installed a large number of Logitech cambers with nary a problem.
However, as long as you stay away from the Ipevo PoV, you will be ok.

We like the Creative Live Ultra, Logitech QuickCam Pro, Optia AF by Creative, iSight WebCam, LogiTech 5000, Logitech QuickCam 4000 Pro, Microsoft series such as the Life Cam VX5500, and the QuickCam Fusion...

Be aware that for best performance, you need really strong light... none are good in dull illumination.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/webcam-that-wont-crash-my-computer.120951/
Relevancy 15.05%

hey all i just received my new bfg gtx and whenever i try to run games like cod it would just freeze right when i connect to GTX New bsod + 280 freezing a server like New GTX 280 bsod + freezing i can see half the map and the sky is black also whenever i try to run mirrors edge i would get a bsod something along the lines of quot flash graphics drivers quot or something i didnt have enough time to really read all of it because it would just restart after about seconds i never had this problem before with my old graphics card which was a gts i have checked the gpu temperature and when it freezes it is only around - degrees Celsius counter strike is the only game that runs on this right now which i find kind of odd everything else works fine on this except the other games for some reason i can play hd movies surf the web etc with no problems whatsoever i have tried a clean uninstall reinstall of the driver for the card with the most recent driver now i am really stumped ive checked all my connections and i have taken the card out and reput it back in to see what would happen but the same problem occurred my current specs are as listed vista ultimate bit quad core gigabyte New GTX 280 bsod + freezing ga-ep -ud p board gb ocz reaper w corsair p s bfg gtx oc edition no overclocking in any way if you guys could throw some advice help at New GTX 280 bsod + freezing me i would greatly appreciate it thanks nbsp

A:New GTX 280 bsod + freezing

first i would make sure the video card is getting enough power do you know how many amps you have on your 12v rail? also the card is pre overclocked you can get something like evga precision and take the clocks back to normal and see if that helps, but in my opinion it isnt getting enough power.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-gtx-280-bsod-freezing.120774/
Relevancy 23.22%

Yesterday Finally got my pc working good again Specs at bottom of post worked throuhg some dll errors found a bad stick of ram got my graphics card to stop crashing and so on i got my pc to stop crashing from dll errors and bad ram SFC SCANNOW still pops up about times saying bad file or whatever scratched xp cd beyond recongnition long time ago but haven t ad any dll errors recently but i found out that uninstalling intellimouse fixed almost all of my problems i hate that program so i wanted to get my dual monitor working again so i went back to insatll ati catalyst control center because i removed all ati software and just insatalled the driver a while back so i popped in the cd went to my computer and my dvd drive didn t show up just my cd drive and my magis iso cd drives did so i swithed it to my cd drive nothing restarted and went back to my computer and still no dvd but cd drive said it found the cd but no image next to drive like it used to just aticd - so i clicked on it and quot my computer quot stopped responding so i ended it and screne went blank and came back a minute later tried swithing jumpers ide cables master and slave position everything nothing changes This is a custom built pc Specs intel p ghz mb l cache was gb pc ddr ram now gb pc assrock pv bb mobo sapphire ati radeon hd pro mb gddr agp graphics card gb hard drive Hl-Dt-St Cd-RW GCE- b DVd rw lite-on dvd drive w dell psu Any ideas would be great i m almost thinking about downloading a copy of pirated windows just to fix my dll errors but this is the only problem left on my pc nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disk-drives-cause-explorer-to-crash.120456/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi. I'm new here, and to be honest I didn't read the rules or anything.
Sorry if it's not on the right board for this.

Got a new computer a week ago, and have been suffering of BSOD's daily.

I've been looking at the minidumps a bit and it looks like that dxgkrnl.sys is almost every time the bsod's cause.

And yes, I have googled it.

The bsod's occur only when I play GTA IV.

I'm no professional in hardware, so sorry for insufficient information.

I can provide you the minidumps in .zip if you need them, but here are my specs.
Sapphire Radeon HD4870X2 2GB GDDR5
Q9550 @ 2.83 (stock)
8gb DDR2 800mhz
P5QC
Some 600w power supply
Antec Sonata III

Hope I get this solved cause it's really getting on my nerves.

A:Suffering bsod's

Try re-installing DirectX...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suffering-bsods.120401/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello Please excuse my slightly confused and newbish post S I am having a few Crash Nvidia Geforce 9800 problems with my new graphics card and I was wondering if someone could give me a clue as to what it is For Xmas I asked for Nvidia Geforce 9800 Crash an upgrade and what I received was a Nvidia Geforce GT which is very nice but I had concerns about whether or not it would fit with my now rather out-of-date system Surely enough after playing around with it for a couple of days I have discovered it crashes Nvidia Geforce 9800 Crash every now and again The picture will simply freeze the graphics appear warped or barely recognizable and I am unable to do anything other than manually shut my PC down I am by no means knowledgeable with computers but I had a read around and decided it might be Nvidia Geforce 9800 Crash an over-heating issue I set the card fan to run at and monitored the temperature As it never goes above c I now know that wasn t the problem What I think it may be is my lack of power The PSU I have I had a look at it and all I know is it was made by Dell only provides watts I ve read that you need about for the card to work well as it s apparently very power-hungry but then I ve also read that the drivers are pretty poor the one I m using is v and the card can crash even on a good system So I ve been left slightly confused and unsure as to what to do Is there any way of knowing for sure if it s a lack of power and if that is the most likely cause what kind of PSU should I be investing in that will work well I m worried in case I buy one and find it isn t compatible What little info I do know about my system is this Dell DXPO XP Home SP Intel Pentium GHz GB RAM Thanks in advance for your time nbsp

A:Nvidia Geforce 9800 Crash

Hi Queen
Go to the {START} button then {RUN}

Type in DXDIAG and save the log file and post it here please
WOLF

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-9800-crash.118794/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi there I play Warhammer online and the crash up hits load GPU = Temps roof but figured you guys here helped me in the past so Ill show you the problem After the last patch I really cant play anymore After a few minutes max min the game freezes and I Temps up and GPU load hits the roof = crash have to reboot the comp I have a Pentium gig with gig ram Temps up and GPU load hits the roof = crash My card is a ATI Radeon HD AGP driver ati mtag XP This problem is getting really annoying I downloaded a small prog so I could log the temp of the GPU while Temps up and GPU load hits the roof = crash playing and as always lately it crashed a few minutes into the game I noticed a severe increase in temperature though Here are parts of the log Before starting the game Date GPU Core Clock MHz GPU Memory Clock MHz GPU Temperature C Fan Speed GPU Load - - A minute into the game - - At time of crash - - The temp went up from to C and the GPU Load went up to the roof nbsp

A:Temps up and GPU load hits the roof = crash

48C is a low temperature for a modern GPU. No worries there. 99% GPU load isn't a problem for a GPU in working order.

What are the CPU temps ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/temps-up-and-gpu-load-hits-the-roof-crash.118488/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello

I bought a new pc recently (q6600) which just had onboard graphics and a 450W psu. I bought a nvidia 9800gt and a new 600W psu as I thought that would be needed. Now I am getting crashes, mainly whilst playing games. When I say crash, I mean the screen freezes, it doesn't go black, but it's also slightly warped the picture. I thought this might be either the cpu or gfx card overheating, but it's also happened when there was little strain on either, and the cpu temp was only 39. This didn't happen before I installed the psu and gfx card, but then I wasn't really playing games before that as it only had onboard graphics.

Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

A:Computer freeze/crash

Hi rubix1415 Welcome to Techspot!!

When your screen freezes as you say how do you use the PC again? do you need to reboot or can you ctrl+alt+delete and then end the process?

Have you installed the drivers with the graphics card? I'm guessing you would have with it picking up the picture but when you installed the drivers were there any problems?

Can i just ask as well what games you are playing? this could be important as some have had problems with some graphics card WOW in particular.

Finally how are you measuring the CPU temp? are you doing this through BIOS or 3rd party app

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freeze-crash.118320/
Relevancy 15.05%

I'll get a random BSOD after i OC my CPU. Even when i OC from 1.8 to 1.9Ghz, i get the BSOD's. Help would be appreciated.

Motherboard: K8V-X SE
OC via BIOS

Additional CPU info:
AMD Sempron 3000+; Palermo; socket 754​

A:AMD Sempron +3000 BSOD after OC

What is the make, type and model number of the systems memory?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-sempron-3000-bsod-after-oc.116063/