Windows Support Forum

skype crash

Q: skype crash

My skype keeps crashing! It says"skype click to call has crashed" Why does this keep happening?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: skype crash

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: skype crash

Hi -

See if uninstalling current version Skype, then reinstalling latest version helps.

http://beta.skype.com/en/download-sk...-for-computer/

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/skype-crash-681731.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I will try to give as much detail as I can I have a Gateway laptop MX with an Intel T Dual Core Ghz GB RAM GB HDD with GB free running a fresh install of Win Home Prem SP originally came with Vista I decided to reformat and reinstall OS Everything went as and crash IE9 Skype planned I ran Windows updates until there were no more I installed MS Office Skype Auslogics disk defrag Avast Teamviewer Bluecoat K- Glary Dropbox Adobe Reader X CCleaner Process Lasso Lifecam VX- Canon MP printer Microsoft Picture It and Revo Uninstaller Firefox Cute PDF and latest Java The problem occurs when I try to run IE or Skype They both crash For instance if I navigate to http www carmax com enus view-car default html AVi amp id amp N amp D amp zip amp pD amp pI amp pT amp pC amp pB amp No amp Ep homepage homepage Make amp Rp R amp PP amp sV List amp CD amp Q dd -c e - f f-a a - e c e I get a message that a problem occured and needs to shut IE IE9 and Skype crash down I have several successful clicks before I get to this page and it crashes It tries to open the site a couple of times but to no avail Skype opens but crashes before loading completely I have to believe they are related If you can help I would appreciate it I have a Macrium backup so I can always go back

A:IE9 and Skype crash

Try uninstalling Skype and removing any addons Skype may have added to IE9. See if IE9 still crashes.

Browsers crashes are almost always caused by faulty addons.

For what it's worth, I quit using Skype after becoming annoyed with it's poor reliability and large resource consumption (especially when 5.x came out). This article also contributed to my decision: http://www.zdnet.com/blog/networking/how-skype-does-and-doesnt-work/1051

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/412414/ie9-and-skype-crash/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I need help I crash Skype have a skype problem It crashes whenever I do screen shares or video calls It says access violation My friend says it s a Directx problem I checked my Directx and I m using the latest directx I have Windows starter and the latest version of Skype - I am using Windows Starter Acer D What Skype crash I already did - Reformatted my laptop - Installed a chipset driver for Acer - based on my friend s advice - Installed Directx - based on my friend s advice I already have yes but he says the directx installed on my system might have been corrupted already I don t know what solution is left Would it help if I change my OS into Windows XP using the same Directx Is it something to do with my video card or any programs that might have problems or incompatibility with Skype My friends who use skype doesn t seem to have problems with their latest skype version I only got this when my skype was updated nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

Every time I try logging into skype, my computer freezes to the point I have to manually reboot or just make a *BEEEEEEEP* sound so I have no choice but to manually reboot it. Event viewer doesn't seem to pick up anything. I have tried reinstalling skype but that didn't help either.

A:Skype Crash

Try what is found here:

POST troubleshooting steps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/skype-crash-680982.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi everyone
Suddenly, I have a problem uysing Skype. When I open Skype it tells me that it cant as Skype has crashed and do I want to close the program or Debug etc etc. This is the problem info. Any idea what has happened. Can it have anything to do with IE9 or Audacity which I have recently started using for recording voice messages? I have uninstalled Skype and download the app again and set installed bu it is unable to install and comes back the above questions.

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Skype.exe
Application Version: 5.3.0.113
Application Timestamp: 4dd67601
Fault Module Name: Skype.exe
Fault Module Version: 5.3.0.113
Fault Module Timestamp: 4dd67601
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 006ebe12
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

Relevancy 52.89%

I've just updated my brand new HP Pro Book 450 G3 with the suggested Windows 10.Everything seems to work fine except for the fact that as soon as I run the skype software the windows 10 crashes and restarts. A lightblue screen appears  with messages and hen the OS is restarted. i've tryed to uninstall and re-install the skype software but the result is always the same. Before he Windows 10 upgrade the proBook was running with Windows 8 and skype was working correctly.The pro book has already been fixed two monts ago (under warranty) by HP for not working ethernet board and wi-fi board.Is there a solution at this problem? I need skype for my job, this is my job laptop.I've bought the PC 3 months ago and it is already the second very big problem I'm experiencing.Is this a unlucky laptop or what else?please help me to solve the problem. Andrea 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Windows-10-Crash-after-skype-startup/td-p/5709913
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,
I use Skype on a daily basis to keep in touch with family. Generally, I have no problems. However, any contact with my son inevitably results in my computer shutting down. Our contact can last as long as half an hour, or as little as 2 minutes, but almost always ends the same way.
This does not happen with anyone else.
There's probably a simple explanation, but if there is it escapes me.
Regards, kilnfield

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Business, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60, x64 Family 15 Model 104 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1917 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon Xpress 1150, 5 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 104113 MB, Free - 58399 MB; D: Total - 10239 MB, Free - 6794 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0WY383
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free, Disabled ***note*** does not show that I now use MS Security Essentials

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/skype-causing-computer-to-crash.1062574/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I have exactly the same issue as posted here http forums techguy org Skype crash and windows in missing text windows-vista -problems-missing-text-skype html Problems with missing text and Skype Not sure if this is the right forum or not just registered today to seek help However for the past few days I ve noticed some strange stuff going on with my laptop Skype crash and missing text in windows For starters there is missing text in places I know there should be text a few screenshots as examples here as to what i m talking about game client login with missing text this is affecting my internet browser too such as on photobucket Not sure if this is related to another issue I m having here but I m having problems starting Skype I simply get a few error messages that repeat a while These messages are as follows quot Out of system resources quot quot Out of system resources quot quot Out of system resources quot quot Exception EOutOfResources in module Skype exe at A The specified resource name cannot be found in the image file quot In the screenshot you can see the Skype error together with the controls with reduced height in the All CPU Meter gadget and MS Word says there s not enough memory to load fonts Here is a page in the Opera browser with expanded spacing between chars in the words Any suggestions please Lenovo Thinkpad x Intel Core email protected GB RAM Windows Professional bit SP nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/skype-crash-and-missing-text-in-windows.983660/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello All I am having problems with FireFox browser crashing only happens when I try to watch or download video browser freezes Skype no longer works Adobe crashes for example Youtube freezes No error message just FF says not responding on youtube says adobe flash has crashed Thought it was Flash or Shockwave Flash reinstalled both used uninstaller Using Windows bit new computer Hp G - WM Everything was working ok for a couple of months until several days ago Leading me to believe it was some kind of Microsoft update did a restore worked for a couple days then crashes tried system restore again tried several points restore does not help Uninstalled Skype browser still crashes Called HP had no clue recommended a complete windows uninstall install So something is causing Flash Skype FF to crash Can it be windows I read in a previous post that someone had the same problem with IE crashing Google search says it could be a sound card problem don t think I have that card Also seems to be a common problem Does anyone have any ideas don t want to do the uninstall If any can help it would really be appreciated Thanks nbsp >Firefox Adobe crash? >skype Flash

Relevancy 52.46%

Hello TSF Lately I've bought a Microsoft Sidewinder x keyboard it works great however Ever since I got it Skype Explorer taskmgr and other programs have been crashing ever since I & dpgcmd.dll causing Explorer Skype crash to installed the intellipoint software dpgcmd.dll causing Skype & Explorer to crash From my perspective this is what's happening I play CS S change song while in game alt tab or close game to skype skype or explorer exe crashes I've been looking in the event viewer and it dpgcmd.dll causing Skype & Explorer to crash seems the cause is c Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro dpgcmd dll how do I fix this Thank you Here are some of the logs from event viewer Faulting application name Explorer EXE version time stamp x d c Faulting module name dpgcmd dll unloaded version time stamp x e c Exception code xc Fault offset x d b Faulting process id x c Faulting application start time x ccf b cbdc Faulting application path C Windows Explorer EXE Faulting module path dpgcmd dll Report Id ad b c e- f- e - d - d f f Faulting application name taskmgr exe version time stamp x a bc c Faulting module name dpgcmd dll unloaded version time stamp x e c Exception code xc Fault offset x d b Faulting process id x c Faulting application start time x ccf c daf Faulting application path C Windows system taskmgr exe Faulting module path dpgcmd dll Report Id b fd a - f- e - d - d f f Faulting application name Skype exe version time stamp x f Faulting module name dpgcmd dll version time stamp x e c Exception code xc Fault offset x ed b Faulting process id xeac Faulting application start time x ccf fe cc Faulting application path C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe Faulting module path c Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro dpgcmd dll Report Id b e c - f- e - d - d f f Faulting application name Skype exe version time stamp x f Faulting module name dpgcmd dll unloaded version time stamp x e c Exception code xc Fault offset x d b Faulting process id xcd Faulting application start time x ccf c ccfe Faulting application path C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe Faulting module path dpgcmd dll Report Id ba ce- - e - d - d f f

A:dpgcmd.dll causing Skype & Explorer to crash

Most common solution on the web is to uninstall the Intellitype software

1 - make sure that you're using the most current version of the Intellitype software.
2 - if that doesn't work, search the web for a download of v8.1 and try that.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/dpgcmd-dll-causing-skype-and-explorer-to-crash-633082.html
Relevancy 52.46%
Relevancy 52.46%

I had skype on my computer running Vista for a while and used it every day Each time I used it it would lock up and I would have to restart my of skype instead reboots loading crash/windows computer manually without skype crash/windows reboots instead of loading shutting down windows I looked for solutions and read that skype did not have this problem Within minutes of my first call on skype my computer froze and I had to push the power button This time however windows would not load I get to the screen where I am given the choice of loading Vista or Ubuntu and I choose Vista Then it asks me if I want to start normally or run a diagnostic corrective program the name of which I can't remember Choosing that program does nothing the screen just flashes So I choose to start normally the screen goes black for a couple seconds then the computer turns off then back on Ubuntu loads without any problems I'm using it now Also I have only had this computer for about months so I have trouble believing it's a hardware issue I would really appreciate any help anyone could offer

A:skype crash/windows reboots instead of loading

someone please help me!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/skype-crash-windows-reboots-instead-of-loading-366554.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey guys hope you can help me here.
When i'm at any kind of voice overs, in a call on skype or teamspeak it manages to happen a sound crash, but the time isnt certain, sometimes it takes about 10 minutes and other times take 1 hour or more to crash.
When the sound crashes, all the videos freeze. Its like watching a video with super slow motion and no sound.
Only way to solve this is rebooting.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536228/voice-overs-like-skype-crash-sound-and-video-freezes/
Relevancy 50.74%

Fresh from iOS' embarrassing Messages bug that could crash iPhones with a random string of text, a similar flaw is hitting Skype across platforms. Specifically, sending a message containing only "http://:" sends the app into an endless crash loop in...

Read more

A:This simple message sends Skype into an endless crash loop, update out now

Every system has this. Just hasn't been discovered yet on the others.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/this-simple-message-sends-skype-into-an-endless-crash-loop-update-out-now.213661/
Relevancy 46.44%

x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? -32bit
- the original installed OS on the system? - Vista home basic
- an OEM or full retail version?
- OEM = came pre-installed on system
- What is the age of system (hardware)? - 1 year
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) - 1 year (No)

A:Vista - Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting - Vista crash during Gtalk, Skype

We'll need you to complete Steps 1-4 of this pinned topic: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/283154-vista-blue-screen-death-bsod-posting-vista-crash-during-gtalk-skype.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Windows 7 32 Bitand Skype 5.0 new version of Skype no more freezing lost other topic. I am so happy finally skype works on Windows 7 32 Bit Home Premium

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-32-bitand-skype-5-0-new-version-of-skype-no-more-freezing-lost-other-topic.155047/
Relevancy 44.29%

Dear I noticed that skype has send to all skype in skype send to scan cannot - account spam skype safety contacts all page load contacts a certain link to one contact even multiply links this all happens on the same day th december from - I haven't seen any spam send anymore after that Skype support told me to reset my password I did and to download safety scanner from microsoft they proviced me with the link spam send in skype account to all skype contacts - cannot load page safety scan when I try to open the link the browser cannot load the page it is stuck in a loop sometimes I see a page but just for a second or even less then mostly white page and browser keeps trying to load the page and in chrome a little shield symbol on the right side of the address bar says that it's trying to load scripts from unauthenticated sources this message dissappears very quickly I have skype installed on two laptops and on my smartphone iphone The problem I told about is on one laptop that has no antivirus I did not yet checked the other laptop if the microsoft page opens or not but I do have bitdefender internet security paid installed on the second laptop I want to be sure the laptop that has the problem is virusfree Scanresultaten van Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Versie - - Gestart door Momo Beheerder op MOMOSONYLAPTOP - - Gestart vanaf C Users Momo Desktop Geladen Profielen Momo Beschikbare Profielen Momo amp Nora amp MomoSurf Platform Windows Home Premium Service Pack X Taal Nederlands Nederland Internet Explorer Versie Standaardbrowser Chrome Boot Modus Normal Handleiding voor Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processen gefilterd Als een item is opgenomen in de fixlist het proces zal worden gesloten Het bestand zal niet worden verplaatst AMD C Windows System atiesrxx exe AMD C Windows System atieclxx exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wlanext exe Advanced Micro Devices C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Reservation Manager AMD Reservation Manager exe Apple Inc C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Atheros C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite Ath CoexAgent exe Atheros Commnucations C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite AdminService exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Microsoft BingBar SeaPort EXE Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW svchost exe AnchorFree Inc C Program Files x Hotspot Shield bin cmw srv exe AnchorFree Inc C Program Files x Hotspot Shield bin hsswd exe Paramount Software UK Ltd C Program Files Macrium Reflect ReflectService exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exe TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files x TeamViewer TeamViewer Service exe Popcorn Time C Program Files x Popcorn Time Updater exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE Advanced Micro Devices Inc C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Fuel Fuel Service exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftlist exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVCM EXE Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Common Files microsoft shared Virtualization Handler CVHSVC EXE TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files x TeamViewer TeamViewer exe Conexant Systems Inc C Program Files CONEXANT cAudioFilterAgent cAudioFilterAgent exe Atheros Communications C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite BtvStack exe Atheros Commnucations C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite AthBtTray exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe Apple Inc C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe Hewlett-Packard Co C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe PIXELA CORPORATION C Program Files x PIXELA VideoBrowser CameraMonitor exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe Evernote Corp Walnut St... Read more

A:spam send in skype account to all skype contacts - cannot load page safety scan

I downloaded the safety scanner from microsoft from my other laptop without any issue.

copied it to a usb, put it on the problem laptop, a full scan and nothing found.

I realize I did had a antivirus paid version (kaspersky internet securuity) on the laptop, as I first said that it had no antivirus.

I only disabled it because it had problems running.

Now I enabled it, updated it and run a full scan. nothing found.

I don't know if skype is the cause and not a virus?  the skype workers told me that the cause could be anything (email, virus on computer).

I mostly use skype on iphone, and here I'm confused with what the skype workers said: one said that iphone can not be infected, so no need to check the iphone.
an other said: you can download an app from app store to scan for viruses, because it is possible that the virus is on the iphone.

This is really not clear anymore.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/600944/spam-send-in-skype-account-to-all-skype-contacts-cannot-load-page-safety-scan/
Relevancy 44.29%

skype runs ok in my VISTA HOME BASIC 32BIT, but icon/shortcut of skype in desktop, do not seem instead shows a small null icon, well what to do to be seen ?

A:skype runs ok in my VISTA HOME BASIC 32BIT, but icon/shortcut of skype in desktop, do

Hello Ise,

You might see if creating a new shortcut for it directly from the .exe file of Skype may work instead.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/230884-skype-runs-ok-my-vista-home-basic-32bit-but-icon-shortcut-skype-desktop-do.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have 8.1. I installed Skype in my typical folders of "c:\programs" (I never install in "program files" unless program is forced to do so. All associated files should be, as they are coded, in "C:\Users\main\AppData\Roaming\Skype."My question....Will uninstalling the Metro Skype from its (memory hogging, fake) desktop affect, in anyway, my actual Skype (including logs)?Thank you.I reply as fast as I can, but it could be hours or months. Always busy.

A:Uninstall Windows 8 Metro Skype Affect Regular Skype?

Well for starters you shouldn't really install two versions of Skype on the same PC.Uninstall both, then install the version you prefer.Accept the default install location as I can see no good reason for doing otherwise.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/uninstall-windows-8-metro-skype-affect-regular-skype/1784.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Skype asked me to link my account with Hotmail and then wouldn't accept my login. When i tried resetting the password, Skype said it would send the code to my phone, then to my secondary email. i received neither notification and now Skype has locked me out.
Help?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/445198-had-link-hotmail-skype-accounts-skype-now-not-letting-me-log.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I've experienced some problems and discomfort with skype for win - not able to show screen - terrible design - very slow response i e when I click RMB the menu shows up in works Skype 8 terribly, worse is Win desktop for Skype for several seconds and I expect to see it immideately - doesn't understand links to skype chat like skype chat amp blob blahblahblah when I click it nothing happens I've also Skype for Win 8 works terribly, Skype for desktop is worse tried skype for desktop it was even worse - when I changed online status Skype for Win 8 works terribly, Skype for desktop is worse to invisible i've also tried with N A skype stopped to receive and send messages - when this or another error occurs I try to kill skype process via task manager TM then firstly says that skype is not responding so i am trying to kill process after that TM stops responding as well So when i've tried skype for desktop i had to reboot my laptop about times in a day Now I've installed skype from Store back but I still need to go to skype chat Could anyone please help me either make skype x x work on win or enter the chat which i need Here's my system http i imgur com Fu f png Thanks in advance

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/18920-skype-win-8-works-terribly-skype-desktop-worse.html
Relevancy 43%

My skype contacts are missing with newest skype and the support gives me
"Carissa M.
First, ensure that you are signed in with the correct Skype Name." 
Could anyone upload skype 6.1 or lower please... 
Also does anyone know why the skype crashes when trying to login with microsoft account on newest version 6.3.60.105
Thanks 

A:Skype retarded support: Anyone upload Skype 6.1

You can find 6.1 online with a quick google search, such as at http://www.filepuma.com/download/skype_6.1.0.129-2261/For even older versions: http://www.oldversion.com/windows/skype-5-9-0-123Don't have version 6.3 to verify the crash issue using the microsoft log in.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/489664/skype-retarded-support-anyone-upload-skype-61/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have always used Skype for Desktop and only recently found that there is a Skype Modern App on my system.
From what I have read it would seem the best plan would be to ditch the App and just continue with the desktop version.
Have there been any recent changes that would make the the Modern App a better solution than the Desktop version?

A:Skype for Desktop vs Skype Modern App

They have updated it recently so it doesn't continue to ring even when you have answered the desktop version which is why I uninstalled it in the first place. This means in theory you could install both and answer whichever you felt like at the time.

I prefer the look of the desktop version personally so I never re-installed the Modern App version.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/48219-skype-desktop-vs-skype-modern-app.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I have tried everything imaginable to get rid of these two.  I can delete Skype via 
control panel, but it comes back and re-installs itself.  
Click to call will not go away.  When I try to use the control panel I get a message that 
says, "close Chrome browsers to uninstall".   I've tried doing that and still get that same message.
I've even uninstalled Chrome and re-installed it with the same result.
These two are like a bad dream.   
Any help with completely deleting both would be appreciated.

Regards, 
Len

A:I can't get rid of Skype or Skype Click To Call!!

If you haven't followed the instructions given in link below....try that.
How can I completely uninstall and then reinstall Skype for Windows desktop?

You can also try using Revo in Advanced Mode to remove Skype.
Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585550/i-cant-get-rid-of-skype-or-skype-click-to-call/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have both on my Windows 10 pc and only Skype Preview seems to actually work. What's really weird is I can't find much about either online, so I'm not even sure if Messaging + Skype is being continued or even still functional. Does it require a companion phone app to work? (I use Android). Messaging + Skype can't seem to find any of my Skype contacts while Skype Preview can.
Just really confused on how barebones and non-functional this all seems, even after some Googling. Can anyone shed some light for me?

A:Skype Preview vs. Messaging + Skype

Messaging + skype has been discontinued. Everything will be focused on Skype Preview now
Links: http://www.windowscentral.com/skype-...d-mobile-works http://www.windowscentral.com/messag...versary-update
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438562-skype-preview-vs-messaging-skype.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Not so much a software support question, but this is the best I could figure it'd go into... but if I have an Office 365 subscription that includes 60 minutes of Skype calling a month, do I still need to purchase a Skype number so people can call me and for people to know who's calling them?

I tested it out as it is right now and when I call my dad's phone, says "Unknown caller."

http://www.pchelpforum.com/software-support/126213-skype-calling-skype-number.html
Relevancy 38.27%

so is there any differenced between thses two and I nedd both of them?

A:Do I need both Skype app and Skype for desktop?

Unless you are on an RT tablet I would just use the desktop version, from the reviews the app is not very good, perhaps after some future updates it will be better.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/16445-do-i-need-both-skype-app-skype-desktop.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I have been using Skype paid calls for business usage and have huge problems with the Other side not hearing me well or at all. It used to work OK but now I have to restart hub or reconnect or just wait . This is for calls to International. If I call skype to skype it is OK most of time. My provider BT has checked all hub settings and network seems fine. I am about to give up on skype to non skype as a business option and the fact I am spending good money and cant get instant support really doesnt help. I am out of ideas
Using Vista with Broadband wireless hub and have good connection with other devices.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/skype-to-non-skype-no-quality.821193/
Relevancy 38.27%

I don't understand what are the benefits of using UWP vs desktop apps (like Viber and Skype) and having two versions installed on my PC seems a bit strange.

A:Should I use Skype UWP or Skype Desktop app on my PC?

The future is the UWP app. It will be replacing the desktop app. Benefits are notification integration and security.
I would go with the new app. It appears to work well here as a preview, and only expect it to get better.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/435964-should-i-use-skype-uwp-skype-desktop-app-my-pc.html
Relevancy 37.41%

i have tryed to log in to skype to day but all it does is log in for ages then come up with an error "skype can't connect" i have tried everything to fix it but nothing works. i have uninstalled it, restarted pc, restarted modem. i can connect to everything else but skype and it was working earlier today.

A:skype error "skype can't connect"

no one gonna help -_-

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/269080-skype-error-skype-cant-connect.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Okay guys I'd love some help with some issues I am having About two months ago I decided to start putting together parts to build my own rig first time builder here After scrounging around for a bit and getting the deals I liked I decided to put it all together and make my PC Since then Ive been having a lot of issues with errors and PC crashing Overall I am just looking to resolve these issues and walk away with a bit of knowledge on how to troubleshoot my PC problems st I am constantly receiving Java CRASH...CRASH...CRASH Recent PC Build. crashes Pandora Grooveshark Youtube periodically throughout the day nd My graphics will freeze up momentarily when viewing sites such as Youtube Twitch and occasionally when playing a game Starcraft rd Entire system crashes I will get blue screens - times a day within a hour period Blue screens range from quot Bad Pool Header quot errors to quot memory Management quot error Please help guys I am tired of these PC issues and if anyone could help walk me through the troubleshooting process I'd greatly appreciate it PC Specs Intel Core i - Sapphire Radeon HD Raidmax Atlas ATX- WB - Panda Power - Flying Pandas's Saved Part List - PCPartPicker

A:Recent PC Build. CRASH...CRASH...CRASH

dump files might be needed for further investigation
you can refer to here: BSOD Posting instructions

oh, and welcome I'm also new here

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/289048-recent-pc-build-crash-crash-crash.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I have a radeon 9600 with windows xp home edition.

Whenever i am playing a game such as world of warcraft it crashes but when i am playing warcraft 3 which is a similar game it does not crash...

the nature of the crash is random sometimes it has a vpu recovery window poping up sometimes in completely crashes and freezes where i have to hold down the power button to reset thou even when the computer resets windows will not load up which leads me to believe it is a temperature issue if anyone can post explaining how to fix such issues step-by-step...

ive noticed this crash also happening with half life 2 so it is not a problem with an individual game. I originally thought this was a driver issue so i tried downloading new drivers and older ones.

A:Radeon 9600 crash! crash!! CRASH!!!

umm, im not a tech or anything, but i was just gonna suggest backing up your files and restoring your computer.....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-9600-crash-crash-crash.30687/
Relevancy 34.4%

I built a new PC a while back, specs are:
Intel QX9650
Asus Striker II Formula 780i Motherboard
2x 512Mb Geforce 8800GT in SLI (Asus EN8800GT)
4Gb Corsair 800mhz ram.
Asus SupremeFX II Audio card (Came with the motherboard)
1000Watt power supply
250Gb hard drive for my OS, 500Gb for data storage.
Vista Ultimate x86

My problem is that when I'm watching some video, every so often the video will get colourful lines through it and a square block will show around my cursor. Photograph of screen: link

If I move the cursor around after it "glitches", within a few seconds the machine locks up and my monitor goes blank. All I can do is restart the machine.

Anyone know what is wrong? I have the latest driver for the graphics cards.

I have a friend who gets the same thing in vista, but says he hasn't had it happen at all in XP.

A:Crash during video playback, pixels show around cursor prior to system crash

It sounds like artifacting which occurs when a video card is dying. I speak from personal experience. Or it could be a heat issue. What is your temperature like? How is your airflow? Check to see if your fans are working.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crash-during-video-playback-pixels-show-around-cursor-prior-to-system-crash.104768/
Relevancy 34.4%

Ok so normally I can fix most any bug on my computer and it's not a big deal for me But this one sucks and it has been a problem 7 3-5 HJT Incl: mins Process log & @ current crash crash. full list Windows after / for about a month now I have tried over a dozen different quot fixes quot from over different blog sites with no real solution to my problem I am running Win home premium w Gig ram Intel i on an Asus U F Here is a run down of what happens I log on windows starts normally windows runs for about - minutes with nothing wrong and then freezes The mouse is still movable but cannot open or close anything If task mgr is up and onscreen it will also freeze I have to hard-boot the system every time I am currently operating in Safe-mode w networking just to get on the web or do anything Safe-mode runs fine I just don't want to Windows 7 crash after 3-5 mins / Incl: Process list & full current HJT log @ crash. use it forever Below are the processes running at Windows 7 crash after 3-5 mins / Incl: Process list & full current HJT log @ crash. the time of crash Name Usage Path svchost C windows system svchost sys idle -- Trustedinstaller exe C windows servicing Trustedinstaller exe coreserviceshell exe C Programfiles TrendMicro AMSP coreserviceshell exe system C windows system ntoskrnl exe searchindexer exe C windows system searchindexer exe mbamservice exe C Programfiles x malwarebytes' antimalware mbamser taskmgr exe C windows system taskmgr exe conhost exe C windows system conhost exe csrss exe C windows system csrss exe I know most of these processes so they don't scare me however this is the first time I have seen quot conhost exe quot quot searchindexer exe quot or the system running quot ntoskrnl exe quot after boot up which I investigated to find that it should not be running at all after the boot process I would like to know if there is anything that sticks out like a sore thumb here Below is my HJT report as of this past week Is there anything here that dings any bells and whistles I'm still not skilled enough to know what I am looking at with one of these Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL Asus MSN R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Bing R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page Yahoo R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL MSN com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL Bing R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Bing R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page MSN com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Trend Micro NSC BHO - CA B-DC D- A - - E FAC - C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP Module TmIEPlg dll O - BHO Trend Micro Toolbar BHO - C D -A C - c - F -FD E E - C Program Files Trend Micro Titanium UIFramework ToolbarIE dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SearchHelper dll O - BHO avast WebRep - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D ... Read more

A:Windows 7 crash after 3-5 mins / Incl: Process list & full current HJT log @ crash.

Hi Indyspark and welcome to TSF,

None of the processes sticks out, and are perfectly fine where they are.

Could you access the event log and see if there are any faults around the time that this issue appears? If so, what faults do you receive?

You could try running a "sfc /scannow" and a system repair aswell as restoring to a previously known working restore point, just as general "fixes".

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-crash-after-3-5-mins-incl-process-list-and-full-current-hjt-log-crash-588347.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi there I Word communication Help! Please Computer, printer Firefox crash, crash, Slow no - am running Slow Computer, Word crash, Firefox crash, no printer communication - Please Help! a Vostro Dell Laptop running Vista and recently I have been having some seperate issues which I m wondering are Slow Computer, Word crash, Firefox crash, no printer communication - Please Help! due to one major issue I initially had problems with my Lexmark printer which stopped communicating with the computer I solved this once but its immediatly stopped working again I have now tried to reinstall the original software but no change this time round I can t get it to work This has in turn crashed Microsft Word whilst I have been trying to solve the printer The same day Mozilla Firefox crashed I ve now got this going again by reinstalling it but I have had to do this several times in the last month My computer is now running quite slowly and over the las months I have had to reinstall various programmes as they have stopped working for reasons unknown This is not only becoming frustrating but I m worried I may have deeper issues I really just want everything to be working happily again including my printer which started all this any help gratefully recieved Thanks The logs Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows System WLTRAY EXE C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Windows sttray exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http partnerpage google com small n amp client dell-usuk amp channel uk-smb amp ibd R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll O - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - C Program Files Dell BAE BAE dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run Broadcom Wireless Manager UI C Windows system WLTRAY exe O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -start O - HKLM Run Google Desktop Search quot C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe quot startup O - HKLM Run Sigmat... Read more

A:Slow Computer, Word crash, Firefox crash, no printer communication - Please Help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-computer-word-crash-firefox-crash-no-printer-communication-please-help.1043849/
Relevancy 34.4%

im not sure is this the right place to post, please help me.my laptop had a video problem before, although it's now fixed, but there's some problem with the AC adaptor. when the AC adaptor is plugged in, my laptop crash immediately. at first i thought this would be a hardware problem or the ac adaptor itself, but then i found that even when the ac adaptor is plugged in, if it's in safe mode or should i say if it's not in WINDOW mode, it won't crash. i check ad test in safe mode, but still dont know why, my conclusion for now is something (software, programme) that are activate when in window mode are preventing/rejecting the ac adaptor.
and its quite obvious, but without the ac adaptor, i can run window mode normally. please if anyone knw what happen to my laptop please help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-crash-when-power-supply-is-plug-in-but-not-crash-in-safe-mode.744651/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hey all I'm having an issue with my ASUS (no when crash launch to games. Complete most system or crash dump) trying BSOD F GL laptop If I try to launch a game like Counter-Strike Source Garry's Mod or Just Cause not long after actually leaving the menu and beginning to play anywhere between - min the whole laptop just silently crashes I checked ALL the Complete system crash (no BSOD or crash dump) when trying to launch most games. logs and there is nothing in there except something recorded at boot saying the computer was not cleanly shutdown When it does crash a second before it crashes a weird thin horizontal line appears in a random location on the screen going all the way across Complete system crash (no BSOD or crash dump) when trying to launch most games. the screen This was happening under Windows Vista but I just bought and did a clean install of Windows Home Premium and it's still happening I have updated my drivers and it still happens Laptop info is below caution large block of text Code System Information report written at System Name BODENEAMONN-PC System Summary Item Value OS Name Microsoft Windows Home Premium Version Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name BODENEAMONN-PC System Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer Inc System Model F GL System Type X -based PC Processor Intel R Pentium R Dual CPU T GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date American Megatrends Inc SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale Australia Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name BodenEamonn-PC Boden Time Zone AUS Eastern Standard Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory MB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys Hardware Resources Conflicts Sharing Resource Device Memory Address xF - xFFFFFFFF System board Memory Address xF - xFFFFFFFF Motherboard resources I O Port x - x CF PCI bus I O Port x - x CF Direct memory access controller I O Port x C - x DF PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge I O Port x C - x DF NVIDIA GeForce M G IRQ Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller IRQ PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge IRQ NVIDIA GeForce M G IRQ PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge IRQ PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge IRQ Standard AHCI Serial ATA Controller IRQ High Definition Audio Controller IRQ Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller IRQ PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge Memory Address xDE - xEFFFFFFF PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge Memory Address xDE - xEFFFFFFF NVIDIA GeForce M G Memory Address xD - xDFFFF PCI bus Memory Address xD - xDFFFF Motherboard resources Memory Address xA - xBFFFF PCI bus Memory Address xA - xBFFFF PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge Memory Address xA - xBFFFF NVIDIA GeForce M G I O Port x B - x BB PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge I O Port x B - x BB NVIDIA GeForce M G I O Port x - x Motherboard resources I O Port x - x Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller DMA Resource Device Status Channel Direct memory access controller OK Forced Hardware Device PNP Device ID I O Resource Device Status x - x Standard PS Keyboard OK x - x Standard PS Keyboard OK x - x System speaker OK x - x CF PCI bus OK x - x CF Direct memory access controller OK x D - x FFFF PCI bus OK x - x System CMOS real time clock OK x - x Motherboard resources OK x - x F Motherboard resources OK x - x F Motherboard resources OK x - x FF Motherboard resources OK x - x F Motherboard resources OK x - x F Motherboard resources OK x - x D Motherboard resources OK x - x F Motherboard resources OK x - x Motherboard resources OK x - x Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller OK x - x F Motherboard resources OK x - x F Motherboard resources OK x - x Motherboard resources OK x - x Motherboard resources OK x - x Motherboard resources OK x C- x E Motherboard resources OK x - x F Motherboard resources OK x A - x BF Motherboard resources OK x ... Read more

A:Complete system crash (no BSOD or crash dump) when trying to launch most games.

Hello

You can try these to see what is going on with the overheating.

Core Temp

CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/289452-complete-system-crash-no-bsod-crash-dump-when-trying-launch-most-games.html
Relevancy 34.4%

About a week ago I got a popup from Norton Internet Security that said quot We've detected crash working Browsers programs reboot, warning stop random trojan and until crash... an intrusion attempt from such and such IP address with the DeepThroat Trojan This attack was blocked quot I didn't like the way that sounded so I did research on that trojan but from what I read on the internet Browsers crash and stop working until reboot, random programs crash... trojan warning it didn't sound like I had it I ran scans with SpyBoy AdAware Norton Anti-Virus Panda ActiveScan And all came up clean Then some people said AVG was a good anti-virus so I downloaded that ran it it came up clean and then I deleted it because it slowed my computer down like crazy constant CPU usage etc Ever since then I've been getting weird warnings and weird random program crashes I downloaded Firefox the other day and it crashes a LOT Some of the other programs I run have been randomly crashing too stock trading and charting programs I decided I was going to do a system restore to a month ago but when I went into System Restore ALL MY RESTORE POINTS WERE Browsers crash and stop working until reboot, random programs crash... trojan warning GONE I know I didn't delete them so I'm wondering if some malware I picked up did I use Firefox for browsing of the time so I usually feel safe surfing the web I'm using WinXP SP edit - I forgot to mention that I came home from the gym the other day and when I got to my computer Firefox had crashed all my other programs had crashed and when I restarted Firefox my computer rebooted When it rebooted there was a message from TeaTimer saying that some registry entry wanted to be changed dealing with Kernel Fault Check or something you can see it in my Hijack This log I googled it and saw that it dealt with huge memory dumps that occur with fatal system errors and that it was ok to allow the change so I did Not sure if that's relevant or not Here's my Hijack This log Does anything look like it shouldn't be there Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS System ezSP Px exe C program files support com client bin tgcmd exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe D Winamp Winampa exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe D SpyBot SD Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files WinTV Ir exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Wireless Network Monitor WLService exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Wireless Network Monitor WMP Gv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe D PROGRA YAHOOM MESSEN ymsgr tray exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe D Program Files HijackThis Crusty exe D Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system notepad exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM S... Read more

A:Browsers crash and stop working until reboot, random programs crash... trojan warning

You know what? Nevermind. It turns out a RAM chip I recently installed had gone bad.

I downloaded memtest86 and some other RAM checking program and burned the ISO files to a CD and booted my computer from them, and it failed a few tests.

I swapped out the RAM and I haven't had a problem since.

So feel free to lock this thread :D

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/browsers-crash-and-stop-working-until-reboot-random-programs-crash-trojan-warning-265013.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hey My month and half old Acer V started to give BSOD's did some sort of recovery and started working again for a couple of hours if not trying to recovery total crash and BSOD crash/failure and windows access any Windows files If tried to look up error logs etc it gave different versions of the BSOF So I tried to run Recovery getting it back to factory settings and that's when Windows crashed completely I followed Acer customer support advice ordered recovery discs couldn't create BSOD and total windows crash and recovery crash/failure one because Windows crashed when trying it I got the recovery discs ran the recovery which ended up giving me failure because of quot missing image-something quot Another call to Acer and they told to run different recovery version from the puter That recovery end to a failure again After several restarts and what not windows started up again being slower than usual I'm now having constant problems losing internet connection I've had couple minidumbs and several issues with windows updater and such and these after machine should be back in the factory settings Anyhow here's the last log if anyone could take a look on it before I throw this machine to the wall

A:BSOD and total windows crash and recovery crash/failure

For starters:

At work we start all repairs with a set of diagnostics. Often they find problems that weren't even expected. It's a waste of time to try to fix software on a system that has hardware problems.
Please try these free diagnostics for starters: Initial Hardware Diagnostics
Also, please ensure that you have ALL available Windows Updates (it may take several trips to get them all).

In particular, start with the hard drive diagnostics as I suspect that is the problem.

Although there's only 2 memory dumps (it usually takes 4 or 5 to conclude if it's a hardware error or not) - the repeated failure of factory installs makes a hardware failure the most likely problem here. Please run the diagnostics that I suggested above and let us know the results.

There are a list of drivers that need updating (because the recovery media was made a while ago). Don't worry about them until you've finished the hardware diagnostics. If all the diagnostics pass, then update the drivers.

Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable! :

NTIDrvr.sys Mon Apr 19 21:39:04 2010 (4BCD05B8)
NTI CD-ROM Filter Driver by NewTech Infosystems (likely a part of Acer Empowering Technology)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=NTIDrvr.sys

UBHelper.sys Tue Jul 6 00:20:31 2010 (4C32AF0F)
NTI CD &DVD-Maker or NTI Backup NOW! or NTI CD-Maker by NewTech Infosystems (usually in Acer Empowering Technology)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=UBHelper.sys

mwlPSDFilter.sys Fri Mar 25 03:12:11 2011 (4D8C404B)
EgisTec Inc. Fingerprint Biometrics
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=mwlPSDFilter.sys

mwlPSDNServ.sys Fri Mar 25 03:12:13 2011 (4D8C404D)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=mwlPSDNServ.sys

mwlPSDVDisk.sys Fri Mar 25 03:12:23 2011 (4D8C4057)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=mwlPSDVDisk.sys

k57nd60a.sys Wed Oct 19 16:17:36 2011 (4E9F3060)
Broadcom NetLink Gigabit Ethernet NDIS6.x Unified Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=k57nd60a.sys

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

Code:
**************************Thu May 16 21:43:28.027 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\SysnativeBSODApps\051613-86156-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9200.16384.amd64fre.win8_rtm.120725-1247
System Uptime:0 days 0:01:17.757
Probably caused by :ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!NtSetSystemPowerState+878 )
BugCheck C000021A, {fffff8a004213bd0, ffffffffc000012f, fffff8a0001a3b60, 0}
BugCheck Info: WINLOGON_FATAL_ERROR (c000021a)
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff8a004213bd0, String that identifies the problem.
Arg2: ffffffffc000012f, Error Code.
Arg3: fffff8a0001a3b60
Arg4: 0000000000000000
Arg2: ffffffffc000012f, Error Code.
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xc000021a_c000012f
PROCESS_NAME: smss.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0xc000021a_c000012f_nt!NtSetSystemPowerState
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Thu May 16 19:42:59.249 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\SysnativeBSODApps\051613-44187-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9200.16384.amd64fre.win8_rtm.120725-1247
System Uptime:0 days 0:34:29.979
Probably caused by :ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+23f50 )
BugCheck 7A, {4, 0, fffffa800655b990, 1ffef7d0}
BugCheck Info: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (7a)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000004, lock type that was held (value 1,2,3, or PTE address)
Arg2: 0000000000000000, er... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/25251-bsod-total-windows-crash-recovery-crash-failure.html
Relevancy 34.4%

So my new Cyberpower PC is crashing. I think it is a driver issue but this level of detail is beyond by "expertise" basic log below. Full diagnostic attached. Please let me know if additional information is needed.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 7f
BCP1: 0000000000000008
BCP2: 0000000080050031
BCP3: 00000000000406F8
BCP4: FFFFF80002EA142F
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\083012-13540-01.dmp
C:\Users\Jesse\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-15225-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

A:Crash on new PC Full Crash log zipped and included. Driver related?

I ran Memtest x86 no errors. I also made sure my video card drivers were up to date. No changes. Anybody know what the stuff in the zip files means?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/250043-crash-new-pc-full-crash-log-zipped-included-driver-related.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello Is there I can find out a list of the programs that were open on my taskbar can Post-crash/reboot, open how had the I find out files I what before crash? before my computer crashed I tend to have lots of documents open esp text files I'm reading - i e not editing - for research purposes and when my computer crashes or is forced to reboot the only way I can guess which files I had previously open is by doing a Windows file search for files accessed in the past few days This doesn't always help - esp as I hibernate Post-crash/reboot, how can I find out what files I had open before the crash? my computer lots and files may be open and unchanged for several day Sometimes when I'm about to crash I quickly take a screen-dump of my taskbar or the task manager list of programs so I know which windows files I had open but isn't there a log of some sort somewhere containing information on which files were active at a particular time just before a restart or system crash I don't mean the program that caused the crash I know I can find out about the crashing program from event viewer I wanna know about all the OTHER program names I had open at the time And I don't just want to know they were called 'notepad exe' 'winword exe' - I want to know the actual files opened up at the time of the crash In short I want the information I can get if I photograph the tabs on my taskbar just before a crash We're talking about already-saved notepad files photographs etc that are open on my screen just before a restart Any tips on whether Windows has this information somewhere Are there any logs that may contain this information Thanks a lot for your help D

A:Post-crash/reboot, how can I find out what files I had open before the crash?

Hi esinohm and welcome to TSF !

Several MRU (most recently used) lists are stored in the registry, but you won't find a single list with all the programs that were opened at a given time.

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/RegistryMRU.htm

This article discloses the location of the MRU lists for office documents :
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;826208

Latest opened and saved files will also appear in the recent document menu in the start menu. There's a setting that allows you to see recently opened documents in the start menu properties : right-click the start menu => properties => customize next to start menu => advanced.

Have you tried investigating the reasons of the crashes ? Could be a single hardware problem. I can usually leave my computer on for a whole week without any crashes.

What are your system specs ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/post-crash-reboot-how-can-i-find-out-what-files-i-had-open-before-the-crash-259557.html
Relevancy 34.4%

HELLO ANY AND ALL CRASH, NOT CRASH GOOGLE POSSIBLE PROGRAMS HELP RESPONDING, TROJAN, PLEASE AFTER RE-DIRECT, HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED OKAY COMPUTER STARTED WITH THE GOOGLE REDIRECT ON CHRISTMAS EVE THE WIFE THOUGHT WAS LEGITIMATE quot WEB SURVEY quot FILLED POSSIBLE TROJAN, GOOGLE RE-DIRECT, PROGRAMS NOT RESPONDING, CRASH AFTER CRASH, PLEASE HELP IT OUT- BOOM GETTING MULTIPLE REDIRECTS PORN SITES POPPING UP N SAFEHAVE ROXIO THAT WILL NOT IN START UP NOW I AM AN IT STUDENT CURRENTLY AND AM EMBARRASSED BUT REALIZE THAT THE TRUE STUDENT OF TECHNOLOGY KNOWS WHEN TO ASK FOR HELP I HAVE RUN ALL THE LATEST SCANS AND WILL BE INCLUDING THEM IN THIS POST ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU IN ADVANCE AND ANY AND ALL HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED NOTE ALL SCANS RUN IN SAFE MODE DDS DDS Ver - - - NTFSx MINIMAL Run by Administrator at on Thu Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus On-access scanning enabled Outdated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcsC WINDOWS Explorer EXEK Documents dds scr Pseudo POSSIBLE TROJAN, GOOGLE RE-DIRECT, PROGRAMS NOT RESPONDING, CRASH AFTER CRASH, PLEASE HELP HJT Report BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dllBHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dllBHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dllBHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllTB Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dllEB - a - b-a - c a a - No FilemRun SoundMAXPnP c program files analog devices core smax pnp exemRun AVG TRAY c progra avg avg avgtray exemRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartupmRun nwiz nwiz exe installmRun NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitmRun lt NO NAME gt mRun RoxWatchTray quot c program files common files roxio shared sharedcom RoxWatchTray exe quot mRun CPMonitor quot c program files roxio CPMonitor exe quot mRun Desktop Disc Tool quot c program files roxio roxio burn RoxioBurnLauncher exe quot mRun DLCDCATS rundll c windows system spool drivers w x DLCDtime dll RunDLLEntry mRun dlcdmon exe quot c program files dell photo aio printer dlcdmon exe quot mRun MemoryCardManager quot c program files dell photo aio printer memcard exe quot mRun Malwarebytes Anti-Malware reboot quot c program files malwarebytes anti-malware mbam exe quot runcleanupscriptmRun Adobe ARM quot c program files common files adobe arm AdobeARM exe quot mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime qttask exe quot -atboottimemRun iTunesHelper quot c program files itunes iTunesHelper exe quot mRunOnce Malwarebytes Anti-Malware c program files malwarebytes anti-malware mbamgui exe install silentIE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeIE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exeIE CFA B-A F- A - C - C A E E - A -F E - -AA E- E EE C - c progra nuclea videoget plugins VIDEOG DLLIE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c progra micros office REFIEBAR DLLDPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C - hxxp update microsoft com microsoftupdate v V Controls en x client wuweb site cab DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC - hxxp update microsoft com microsoftupdate v V Controls en x client muweb site cab DPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF C D - CB- DE-B DB- A D E A - hxxp lads myspace com upload MySpaceUploader cabDPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF D ... Read more

A:POSSIBLE TROJAN, GOOGLE RE-DIRECT, PROGRAMS NOT RESPONDING, CRASH AFTER CRASH, PLEASE HELP

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. You can subscribe by clicking the Options box to the right of your topic title and selecting Track This Topic.Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/285241/possible-trojan-google-re-direct-programs-not-responding-crash-after-crash-please-help/
Relevancy 34.4%

Ok so during final fantasy i Famous Crash Final Crash Fantasy Vii - Canyon Cosmo The go through and play the game Final Fantasy Vii Crash - The Famous Cosmo Canyon Crash till i get to cosmo canyon where red xvii goes to his grandpapi So i get to the scene where i go into his observatory and then i see a shooting star go by and the space rocks in the black hole RIGHT after that all my characters are stuck not moving still blinking music playing Final Fantasy Vii Crash - The Famous Cosmo Canyon Crash but i cant do anything Not even press menu Thus the common and famous Cosmo Canyon crash for hours i have researched ways to get passed it but none work if i even find a forum thread WITH a solution I did GYPT i have Jenova mod but dont know Final Fantasy Vii Crash - The Famous Cosmo Canyon Crash how to use it to switch locations i can go to the debug room but i dont know how to use that either I have looked through guides and walkthroughs and found nothing Can someone please help If you know a way to skip this and automatically pick up the next line of quest i need or to the next savepoint or just uncrash it or a way to use those programs i have so it works The attatchment below are my saved files The ones i need passed are the ones that are in cosmo canyon preferably the one that is in a seperate save area all by its own saved file lonesome If someone does have ff and doesnt have this problem please load them get me just passed this part save then upload the file or email it to me at email protected Thanks nbsp

A:Final Fantasy Vii Crash - The Famous Cosmo Canyon Crash

hi, FF7 is a famous game that i also like. R u play it using PC or PSone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/final-fantasy-vii-crash-the-famous-cosmo-canyon-crash.763063/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello everyone I have been trying to fix my PC for the last two weeks. I've tried everything. Windows clean install a bunch of test on my hard drive. I've checked S.M.A.R.T done an 9 hour memtest and I;ve finally given up. I honestly don't know what to do this is a fairly new build done in June. I have the DM log files please anyone this is getting out of hand.
P.S I made this thread on my computer but when I am loading for a game or in the middle of a game computer gives me 0x000000F4 error no idea what it is :/ so far its only happened on league of legends.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/391607-bsod-windows-crash-error-0x000000f4-no-crash-files.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Running XP x and my computer is lagging freezing making Please Help! possible computer virus . crash programs browsers crash web and up no program responds right in bit windows everything is running normal somethings wrong please help me i have a Hijackthis log any other things i need to put up would be great Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes E Please Help! possible virus making computer programs crash and web browsers crash . Program Files x Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe E WINDOWS SysWOW ctfmon exe E Program Files x Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe E Program Files x Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe E Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exe E PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe E PROGRA AVG AVG Please Help! possible virus making computer programs crash and web browsers crash . avgwdsvc exe E Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcAppFlt exe E Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcIp exe E PROGRA AVG Please Help! possible virus making computer programs crash and web browsers crash . AVG avgemc exe E PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE E Program Files x AVG AVG avgui exe E Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId F - REG system ini UserInit userinit O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - E Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - E Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - E PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - E Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP E Program Files x Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAX quot E Program Files x Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe quot tray O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot E Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY E PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe E WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce tscuninstall systemroot system tscupgrd exe User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce tscuninstall systemroot system tscupgrd exe User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce tscuninstall systemroot system tscupgrd exe User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT RunOnce tscuninstall systemroot system tscupgrd exe User Default user O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res E PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - E Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - E Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Send to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - E PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra Tools menuitem S amp end to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - E PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - E PROGRA MICROS Office REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - E Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - E Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - ESC Trusted Zone http runonce msn com O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com windowsupdate v V Controls en x client wuweb site cab O - Protocol grooveLo... Read more

A:Please Help! possible virus making computer programs crash and web browsers crash .

anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-possible-virus-making-computer-programs-crash-and-web-browsers-crash.720646/
Relevancy 34.4%

Could someone advise me how I should proceed I am partway through cleaning my PC from various hijacksbut because IE crashes I cannot get windows update andcannot run any online scans Trend Micro does supportFirefox but that also does nothing ie Firefox onlyshows quot transferring data Crash Infections, Other And 3721 Cnsmin Ie Oe Windows.update Crash, And quot and 3721 Cnsmin And Other Infections, Oe And Ie Crash, Windows.update Crash never gets to theLaunching House call button IE crashes on all these scan sites bitdefender comhousecall trendmicro compandasoftware comIE does not crash on other sites such as news bbc co uk ortiscali co uk I have followed these steps after searching Help Topics for CnsMin and in Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log and done Clean out your temporary internet files and temp files ran latest Spybot with latest definitions both normal 3721 Cnsmin And Other Infections, Oe And Ie Crash, Windows.update Crash mode and Safe Mode with Ad-Aware normal mode Online scans all tried and failed as IE crashed on each site Ran AVG Grisoft McAfee Stinger ran - nothing found Microsoft firewall was 3721 Cnsmin And Other Infections, Oe And Ie Crash, Windows.update Crash already enabled Windows updates crashes in IE HijackThis ranMy brother who is helping me via email has sent me instructionshttp www spyany com program article spy rm CnsMin htmlon removing CnsMin but the registry editor instructionslook behind my abilities This site explains the CnsMin in detail but does not offerany removal instructions http www ca com securityadvisor pest pe px id Should I post a HijackThis log anyway in the right forum of course or should I try something else I know I ve had CnsMin since last year when I was able to useIE with online scans which reported it but I never got around totrying to fix it - I was and still am a PC newbie I had switched from IE to Firefox some months ago and usedIE only for windows updates But I wasn t getting IE crashes until some weeks ago I hope my system details are in my sig

A:3721 Cnsmin And Other Infections, Oe And Ie Crash, Windows.update Crash

CnsMin has an uninstaller which removes most components, but leaves the machine with no network or Internet connection. I suggest you post your log in the Hijackthis forum.

It may take a while to get a response because the HJT Team members are very busy. Please be patient as they are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have not been replied as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response, a team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/51330/3721-cnsmin-and-other-infections-oe-and-ie-crash-windowsupdate-crash/
Relevancy 34.4%

Had my system for a while recently upgraded all my drivers due to issues with bsods and crashing ive seen ran maleware bytes did scans from my iobit advanced system care took apart and blew out my computer etc etc done a few things all in the attemtp to try and get my computer back to normal running and have no sucess i did run a memory diognostic and it says there was some memory issue's but i wasnt sure as to what to do next if anyone could help i would be theroughly apreciative as for what some of my problems are Random blue screen of deaths with what look's to be rainbow-ish screen tearing right before video card issue some program fail to start or while starting Crash crash while useing them some programs that have etc Bsod's, Random crash to start/crash/bug programs failing NEVER had issue's suddenly become unusable due to above reasons even after sucessfull reinstall's edit another issue though uncommon is Explorer exe fails to work and needs Random Bsod's, programs failing to start/crash/bug crash etc to restart it's self

A:Random Bsod's, programs failing to start/crash/bug crash etc

You need to replace the ram.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/556711/random-bsods-programs-failing-to-startcrashbug-crash-etc/
Relevancy 33.97%

I have been having consistent trouble with windows freezing browsers crashing shockwave crashing and especially anything crash, crash Freezing, browsers video multiple video related crashing When it crashes it freezes my entire computer forcing me to hard reboot I have uninstalled and reinstalled browsers and programs to no avail The latest attempt was running Kapersky Avast Spybot Hijack CCleaner fixing registry Freezing, video crash, multiple browsers crash problems Freezing, video crash, multiple browsers crash and wiping free space drive defragging uninstalling programs down to bare bones essentials Ran Kapersky - found nothing Avast - found nothing Hijack this found all kinds of stuff that I didn t know what to do with and wouldn t give me a log Spybot S amp D - problems fixed Ccleaner download registry I uninstalled and installed adobe flash which is what keeps crashing defragged uninstalled half of my programs wiped drives with ccleaner Ran everything again Spybot found more to fix which Freezing, video crash, multiple browsers crash it did I then Rebooted in safe mode and was able to save a log for HiJack this time I followed the suggested Preparation Guide here After running GMER scan is says quot Hasn t found any system modification quot The ark txt log was blank Services Registry Files and C were the only boxes it allowed me to checkmark Everything else was greyed out Below is a copy of the Hijack log that I was able to get after rebooting in Safe Mode and the DDS file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode Running processes C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run PDVDDXSrv quot C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe quot O - HKLM Run Dell Webcam Central quot C Program Files x Dell Webcam Dell Webcam Central WebcamDell exe quot mode O - HKLM Run Desktop Disc Tool quot c Program Files x Roxio Roxio Burn RoxioBurnLauncher exe quot O - HKLM Run avast quot C Program Files Alwil Software Avast avastUI exe quot nogui O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKCU Run RESTART STICKY NOTES C WINDOWS System StikyNot exe O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User NETWORK SERVICE O - DEFAULT User Startup Dell Dock First Run lnk C Program Files Dell DellDock DellDock exe User Default user O - Startup Dell Dock lnk C Program Files Dell DellDock DellDock exe O - Extra button C Program Files x Windows Live Writer Windo... Read more

A:Freezing, video crash, multiple browsers crash

Hello, my name is Elise and I'll assist you with this issue.

First of all, can you tell me what makes you think this is malware related?
Have you tried to uninstall/reinstall Video Card drivers?
Can you test if you have the same problems in Safe Mode with Networking?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/440660/freezing-video-crash-multiple-browsers-crash/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi all I m new to these forums and dumping and Crash - dump just not Vista start keeps crash will hope Crash dump - Vista will not start and just keeps crash dumping someone out there may be able to help Here is a brief description of events Windows vista started running slow whilst browsing the web As we had had a similar problem earlier this year A problem virus I rectified Crash dump - Vista will not start and just keeps crash dumping with rootkill and caused by Antivirus suite virus I decided to run the rootkill programme in safe mode and started up the Malware Antivirus software all in safe mode The Malware software located infections These were subsequently cleaned quarantined I attempted a normal restart and the system came up with blue screen and crash dump Despite attempts in all modes of start up the vista will not boot Just keeps crash dumping I ve run windows vista start up repair without success Repair window says - Start up repair cannot repair this computer automatically I ve run the repair disk several times and it just keeps coming up the same If this has been caused by virus spyware can anyone offer any suggestions Thanks in anticipation of anyone s assistance

A:Crash dump - Vista will not start and just keeps crash dumping

Hi, paulpsb Lets give it a try. Attempt a System Restore to restore the computer to an earlier date throughout the Recovery Environment in your CD. If that does not resolve the issue, follow these steps. You will need a USB drive. (Despite the OS is Vista, it will also be nice to know if you have a Windows XP installation CD, as we can have other options to try.)Download GETxPUD.exe to the desktop of your clean computerRun GETxPUD.exeA new folder will appear on the desktop.Open the GETxPUD folder and click on the get&burn.batThe program will download xpud_0.9.2.iso, and upon finished will open BurnCDCC ready to burn the image.Click on Start and follow the prompts to burn the image to a CD.Next download driver.sh to your USB driveRemove the USB & CD and insert it in the sick computerBoot the Sick computer with the CD you just burnedThe computer must be set to boot from the CDGently tap F12 and choose to boot from the CDFollow the promptsA Welcome to xPUD screen will appearPress FileExpand mntsda1,2...usually corresponds to your HDDsdb1 is likely your USBClick on the folder that represents your USB drive (sdb1 ?)Confirm that you see driver.sh that you downloaded therePress Tool at the topChoose Open TerminalType bash driver.shPress EnterAfter it has finished a report will be located on your USB drive named report.txtRemove the USB drive and insert it back in your working computer and navigate to report.txt

Please note - all text entries are case sensitiveCopy and paste the report.txt for my review

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/351083/crash-dump-vista-will-not-start-and-just-keeps-crash-dumping/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hey guys I've been having an issue where all browsers Opera Firefox IE Chrome are crashing on me I also get intermittent messages that wmplayer exe has crashed as well even though I'm not running it I try to end wmplayer exe but it keeps coming up I have a HijackThis log I ran norton laugh piece of garbage and malware bytes didn't really find anything Here is the log I have restarted the PC and it does not seem to be happening now but I know something has got to be going crash crash and msg Opera/Firefox/IE/Chrome wmplayer on if anyone could help me it would be much appreciated THANKS Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning Opera/Firefox/IE/Chrome crash and wmplayer crash msg processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS SYSTEM winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Apache Group Apache bin Apache exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC Program Files Apache Group Apache bin Apache exeC Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files MySQL MySQL Server bin mysqld-nt exeC Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC Program Files TVersity Media Server MediaServer exeC Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNetwk exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync Wcescomm exeC Program Files Apache Group Apache bin ApacheMonitor exeC PROGRA MICROS rapimgr exeC Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESMgr exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http today ask com mp rocket o amp l Opera/Firefox/IE/Chrome crash and wmplayer crash msg disF - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exeO - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Opera/Firefox/IE/Chrome crash and wmplayer crash msg coShared Browser NppBho dllO - BHO AskBar BHO - f d - - d - c -aa e ed - C Program Files AskBarDis bar bin askBar dllO - BHO no name - FF -CE - -A C-A E BE - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - -F - -B -FBEE C B DF - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser UIBHO dllO - Toolbar Ask Toolbar - d e-fd b- e -b - d b f - C Program Files AskBarDis bar bin askBar dllO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run Symantec PIF AlertEng quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe quot a m quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A AlertEng dll quot O - HKLM Run NBKeyScan quot C Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBKeyScan exe quot O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Fsidicogotobuhu rundll exe quot C WINDOWS idetaciw dll quot eO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run H PC Connection Agent quot C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync Wcescomm exe quot O - Global Startup Monitor Apache Servers lnk C Program Files Apache Group Apache bin ApacheMonitor exeO - Global Startup VPN Client lnk O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel presentO - Extra button Create Mobile Favorite - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - C PROGRA MICROS INetRepl dllO - Extra button no name - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - C PROGRA MICROS INetRepl dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Create Mobile Favorite - EAF BB - F- D - - C FA... Read more

A:Opera/Firefox/IE/Chrome crash and wmplayer crash msg

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/219760/operafirefoxiechrome-crash-and-wmplayer-crash-msg/
Relevancy 33.97%

My laptop, Packard Bell Easynote TM81, has been crashing and restarting by itself, and when it does, the ENTIRE system will not respond. So I try to format the entire thing, and after a few days, when I have gotten used to it, it comes up with a screen for 1 second, and all I could read was "system memory dump" and "CPU memory dump". So during this month, I have had to format the entire thing OVER AND OVER. I can't reinstall the system, because I am using a laptop, which comes with no Windows 7 CD. Please help!

A:Laptop crash no response memory dump crash

It honestly sounds like a heat related issue to me, if you could follow the instructions here:
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

one of the bsod readers here could help you.
Or perhaps even myself if I ever get the time to reinstall the debugging software on my system.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/191478-laptop-crash-no-response-memory-dump-crash.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello I'm getting a crash of my svchost exe when I boot up References to a file called System UACqipxxqgp dll It also has been causing my Mozilla Firefox to crash after opening and it blocks internet explorer from crash firefox crash boot Mozilla on svchost.exe / accessing the internet altogether Hope someone can help I can explain more if needed Thank you for the help EDIT My AV just popped up saying that it might be something called quot Hacktool Rootkit quot Don't know if thats helps svchost.exe crash on boot / Mozilla firefox crash DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Joe at on Mon Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft svchost.exe crash on boot / Mozilla firefox crash Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV Symantec Endpoint Protection On-access scanning enabled Updated FW Symantec Endpoint Protection enabled Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system AUDIODG EXE C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system rundll exe C Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Smc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Windows system lxbucoms exe C Windows system lxczcoms exe C Program Files OpenCase OpenCASE Media Agent MediaAgent exe C Windows system PnkBstrA exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system PSIService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Rtvscan exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Lexmark Series LXCZbmgr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPStart exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxczbmon exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows System rs net exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Windows System rs net exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Users Joe AppData Local Temp csrssc exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP wireless Assistant WiFiMsg EXE C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe c Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Health Check hphc service exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection SmcGui exe C Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection SavUI exe C Program Files Cisco Systems Clean Access Agent CCAAgent exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Users Joe Desktop dds scr C Windows syste... Read more

A:svchost.exe crash on boot / Mozilla firefox crash

Hello Jmurrell and welcome to Bleeping Computer,1. Please download GooredFix and save it to your Desktop.Select "2. Fix Goored" by typing 2 and pressing Enter. Make sure all instances of Firefox are closed at this point. Type y at the prompt and press Enter again. A log will open, please post the contents of that log in your next reply (it can also be found on your desktop, called GooredLog.txt).Note: If you receive a message saying that GooredFix needs your system to be restarted, please close all applications and reboot your system. Please also allow any registry changes that may be prompted by any of your security programs.2. Please read [url="http://"http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix"]this tutorial[/url] carefully to download ComboFix from one of the locations specified, and save it to your Desktop.Double click the ComboFix icon to run it.If ComboFix askes you to install the Recovery Console, please do so..The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery mode, in case your computer has a problem after an attempted removal of malware. This allows us to help you.Once the Recovery Console is installed, continue with the malware scan.Note: Make sure not to click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall or freeze.Please post the log from ComboFix (can also be found as C:\ComboFix.txt) in your next reply. If you have any questions along the way, STOP and ask them before proceeding !!Greetings,Thunder

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/196705/svchostexe-crash-on-boot-mozilla-firefox-crash/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi. I've recently been trying to play Metal Gear Solid 5 but every time I boot it up my PC either crashes as soon as the splash screens are done or after a few minutes. It's been crashing while playing other games as well but it's been much rarer. It's not a BSOD crash and it doesn't produce any crash dumps so I'm leaning towards it being a problem with either the PSU, the motherboard or one of the graphics cards. Any help with finding the cause of this would be appreciated.

The PSU model is fd-psu-newt2-800, the graphics cards are both Nvidia GTX760s and the motherboard is a ASUS Sabertooth Z77

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/622614/crash-without-bsod-and-crash-dump-while-playing-games/
Relevancy 33.97%

A few weeks back PC crashed out of no where and BSOD appeared.. didnt take much notice until it says OS not found when restarting.. but after a few tries it went back to normal for a few days then these few days it started to startup very slowly and may sometimes crash after typing in the password at the welcome screen.
sometimes it would also randonly crash and when restarted OS not found will appear.

A:Startup very slow,crash at welcome and crash randomlythen OS not found

Hi tank3006.

The latest BSOD in the uploaded zip is of 31/01/14, so it is not supposed to reflect the exact situation of today.

Free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto start with it, but the auto start programs often conflicts and causes various problems including BSODs.
Click on the Start button
Type ?msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the system configuration window, with the "general" tab selected.
Click the "startup" tab. Click "Disable all" > Check the touchpad driver SynTPEnh back > Apply > OK.
Click on "services" tab. Check the "Hide all Microsoft Services"; Click "Disable all" > Apply > OK
Then try to boot again normally. Is it BSOD still?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/335407-startup-very-slow-crash-welcome-crash-randomlythen-os-not-found.html
Relevancy 33.11%

OS - Windows Home Premium x What was original installed OS on system Windows Is the launch running while Crash BSOD Crash and - on OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer OEM Version Age of system BSOD - Crash on launch and Crash while running hardware Roughly a year and a half BSOD - Crash on launch and Crash while running Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS Nope CPU - Intel Core Duo P GHz each Video Card - ATI Mobility Radeon HD MotherBoard - Not sure where to find this out Power Supply - Dell AC DC adapter V output Ok so I was browsing the web when my laptop suddenly restarted - on BSOD - Crash on launch and Crash while running restart was greeted by a small blue square saying something like quot there is a problem check newly installed hardware or software etc quot and a line saying starting memory dump i figured it for a virus at first so i restarted Used CCleaner to check programs opening on startup and found a few exe's which i didnt recognise - coming from AppData Local Temp etc So ran a full malware check with MalwareBytes AntiMalware - returned one of the files and removed it and i deleted the rest On restart computer seemed to be fine - continued to work for the rest of the evening Turned on in the morning and the same blue screen greets me I restart again safe mode and check for viruses - nothing So I let the blue screen continue dumps the memory and restarts Seems to be working fine then after mins of browsing - blue screen again and crash Backing my computer up now anyway It seems strangely intermittent computer can run for hours with no bluescreen then suddenly crash Also would have done a system restore but the earliest checkpoint I could find was the previous day when the bluescreens had started occuring TLDR thought it was a virus it didnt seem to be continue to get blue screen crashes

A:BSOD - Crash on launch and Crash while running

Hi -

Remove Daemon Tools/ Alcohol 120.

If BSODs persist, run the Driver Verifier -- Driver Verifier - sysnative.com

Windbg Logs
--> http://sysnative.com/bsod2011/jcgrif..._jcgriff2_.txt
--> http://sysnative.com/bsod2011/jcgrif...riff2_.txt.zip

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Debug session time: Fri Jan 14 03:58:08.997 2011 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:02:08.622
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ObpQueryNameString+4ed )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA
PROCESS_NAME: conhost.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xA_nt!ObpQueryNameString+4ed
Bugcheck code 0000000A
Arguments fffff8a0`0328703e 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000001 fffff800`02570901
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Fri Jan 14 03:54:45.960 2011 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:18:43.662
Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!MultiUserGreCleanupHmgOwnRemoveAllLocks+a1 )
PROCESS_NAME: eventcreate.ex
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xA_win32k!MultiUserGreCleanupHmgOwnRemoveAllLocks+a1
Bugcheck code 0000000A
Arguments 00000000`10000220 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 fffff800`02edb436
Debug session time: Fri Jan 14 03:34:25.220 2011 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:24.046
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiTryUnwaitThread+28 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1E
PROCESS_NAME: KHALMNPR.Exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1E_nt!KiTryUnwaitThread+28
Bugcheck code 0000001E
Arguments ffffffff`c0000005 fffff800`02e7ecd8 00000000`00000000 ffffffff`ffffffff
Debug session time: Thu Jan 13 15:47:41.426 2011 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 4:48:37.252
BugCheck D1, {fffff880055023f8, 2, 1, fffff88000ee0074}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for sptd.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for sptd.sys
Probably caused by : ataport.SYS ( ataport!memmove+64 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD1
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xD1_ataport!memmove+64
Bugcheck code 000000D1
Arguments fffff880`055023f8 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000001 fffff880`00ee0074
Debug session time: Thu Jan 13 10:58:10.861 2011 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:02:49.687
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiPageFault+260 )
PROCESS_NAME: mscorsvw.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xA_nt!KiPageFault+260
Bugcheck code 0000000A
Arguments 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 fffff800`02edd2b3
Debug session time: Thu Jan 13 04:09:46.870 2011 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:09:01.696
BugCheck F7, {2b99083bc5e0, 2b992ddfa232, ffffd466d2205dcd, 0}
Probably caused by : msrpc.sys ( msrpc!_report_gsfailure+26 )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GS_FALSE_POSITIVE_MISSING_GSFRAME
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xF7
PROCESS_NAME: infinst.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xF7_MISSING_GSFRAME_msrpc!_report_gsfailure+26
Bugcheck code 000000F7
Arguments 00002b99`083bc5e0 00002b99`2ddfa232 ffffd466`d2205dcd 00000000`00000000
?????????????????????????????????????????????????... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-crash-on-launch-and-crash-while-running-543689.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Hello This morning ish I had nothing running more than usual chrome onenote word on my desktop I was in my other room turning on my laptop but it crash screen DSL crash; modem Black would not find my wireless network I went to my desktop and found that the monitor turned itself off that's normal but moving the mouse and pressing the spacebar would not wake the monitor up The desktop power light was on and the monitor light was on I then looked at the DSL modem and saw the power light was red So I unplug it and waited seconds plugged it back in and the desktop rebooted Could a power fault on the modem Black screen crash; DSL modem crash affect the desktop like that I checked the event log viewer and the closest I can find is this Source Service Control Manager The Microsoft Network Inspection System service depends on the Microsoft Malware Protection Driver service which failed to start because of the following error A device attached to the system is not functioning Attached is the win utility info you offer

A:Black screen crash; DSL modem crash

Temp Monitoring

Check for heating issues using Speccy or HWMonitor.

Speccy - System Information - Free Download
HWMonitor CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting

Upload a screen shot with either of the tools: Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums\

Run Disk Check on your Hard Drive for file system errors and bad sectors on it.

Hard Drive Diagnostics
Double click and open my computer.
Right click on desired drive and hit properties.
Click on tools tab and Check now.

Read complete instructions on the tutorial: Disk Check

Other Tests:

Upload a screenshot of your hard disk using Crystal Disk Info.
Make a hard drive test from the hard drive manufacturers website.
Test your Hard Drive with SeaTools.

Take memtest. Run for 8 passes and test each stick in a know good slot for an additional 6 passes.RAM - Test with Memtest86+

The goal is to test all the RAM sticks and all the motherboard slots.

Check your motherboard manual to ensure the RAM sticks are in the recommended motherboard slots. Some motherboards have very specific slots required for the number of RAM sticks installed.

If you get errors, stop the test and continue with the next step.

1. Remove all but one stick of RAM from your computer (this will be RAM stick #1), and run Memtest86 again, for 7 passes.*Be sure to note the RAM stick, use a piece of tape with a number, and note the motherboard slot.
If this stick passes the test then go to step #3.

2. If RAM stick #1 has errors, repeat the test with RAM stick #2 in the same motherboard slot.*If RAM stick #2 passes, this indicates that RAM stick #1 may be bad. If you want to be absolutely sure, re-test RAM stick #1 in another known good slot.
*If RAM stick #2 has errors, this indicates another possible bad RAM stick, a possible motherboard slot failure or inadequate settings.
3. Test the next stick of RAM (stick #2) in the next motherboard slot.*If this RAM stick has errors repeat step #2 using a known good stick if possible, or another stick.
*If this RAM stick has no errors and both sticks failed in slot#1, test RAM stick #1 in this slot.
4. If you find a stick that passes the test, test it in all the other motherboard slots.

If Part 2 testing shows errors, and all tests in Part 3 show errors, you will need to test the RAM sticks in another computer and/or test other RAM in your computer to identify the problem.

In this way, you can identify whether it is a bad stick of RAM, a bad motherboard, or incompatibility between the sticks.

Information
Errors are sometimes found after 8 passes.

Tip
Memtest should be done overnight.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/353438-black-screen-crash-dsl-modem-crash.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Hello all This is my first post on the site I read through a few threads with similar topics but the issues were either not quite the same and or resolved comparatively easily I am trying to repair a year-old HP Pavilion running Windows Home Premium This machine is used as the main office computer in a small doctor s office In spite of my warnings anti-virus software was not installed until it was too late There was a major issue about seven months ago that required another company to repair The problem is explorer exe will not run Double-clicking a shortcut on the desktop clicking the text name of a program from the Start menu and explorer.exe Win7 crash/restart/crash even in the cmd results in the same response a dialog box pops up stating windows explorer has stopped working windows is checking for a solution to the problem followed by another box stating windows explorer is restarting But the requested application never starts I have run the Ultimate Boot CD Win replaced the hard drive and cloned all data run numerous registry scans malware scans and antivirus scans Initially removing over virus malware hits and over registry errors But the main problem persists explorer exe won Win7 explorer.exe crash/restart/crash t open Win7 explorer.exe crash/restart/crash programs I am more of a network guy and not awesome with pc stuff Please advise if you have any experience with an issue such as this Thanks in advance

A:Win7 explorer.exe crash/restart/crash

Launch the command prompt and typeeventvwr.msc and press <ENTER>Expand Windows log>>ApplicationFilter out the Application ERRORS alone and paste the contents of explorer.exe error hereIf explorer.exe crashes due to a specific program ,the program entry should in the log.I have seen many computers where explorer.exe restarts due to third party programs like QUICKTIME.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/482595/win7-explorerexe-crashrestartcrash/
Relevancy 31.82%

i have recently rebuilt my comp due to endless re-installs of xp as it insisted on crashing all the time.

I have changed my mb and hardrives however i am still getting a problem where everything is running fine then suddenly it will shut down. I have checked the power source and that is fine as there is always a constant power led on my mb. I am running a recent version of mcafee anti and is has not found any probs previously or now.

This is realy getting very annouying now and im at the end of my teather with it. I ave done everything within my knowledge of fixing it but to no avail. I know the details im explaining are very vauge but i dont know what it is. When xp's error msg appears after it re-boots i follow the link to find out that it is a device driver error

Please if any of you have any ideas.

Phil

A:xp home crash crash crash!!

One area you could look at would be video drivers as well as watch system temps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-home-crash-crash-crash.221626/
Relevancy 30.96%

When I opened the local connection properties or saved the settings explorer exe crashed I found the fault module is netcfgx dll how to fix it Thanks in advance Below is the application log info Log Name C Users Admin AppData Local Temp notesC A C applicationProgram evt Source Application Error Date Event ID Task Category None Level Error caused explorer.exe 【Explorer Crash】netcfgx.dll crash Keywords Classic User N A Computer PC Description Faulting application name explorer exe version time stamp xnetcfgx dll Faulting module name version time stamp x C F E C C F E E E E E E E C C E E E F D A Exception code x Fault offset x Faulting process id x Faulting application start time x Faulting application path Faulting module path Report 【Explorer Crash】netcfgx.dll caused explorer.exe crash Id Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event 【Explorer Crash】netcfgx.dll caused explorer.exe crash quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Application Error quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt C Users Admin AppData Local Temp notesC A C applicationProgram evt lt Channel gt lt Computer gt PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt explorer exe lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt netcfgx dll lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Binary gt C F E C C F E E E E E E E C C E E E F D A lt Binary gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt

A:【Explorer Crash】netcfgx.dll caused explorer.exe crash

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Please run the SFC /SCANNOW command 3 separate times if any corrupted/missing files are found, with a reboot inbetween each scan.

Please note you may need to use/create a Windows 7 Installation DVD to replace the corrupted files or to perform a Repair Install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/259872-explorer-crash-netcfgx-dll-caused-explorer-exe-crash.html
Relevancy 30.96%

I have had this problem with Skype for a while. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and it has not fixed it. Can anyone help me?Thanks,ColevertEdit: Moved topic from Audio and Video to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:Not able to Skype

Perhaps something in the Connection Problems found here...Skype Support

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/386325/not-able-to-skype/
Relevancy 30.96%

My SKYPE will not fuction with W7

Any ideas

Thanks

A:W7 and SKYPE

What exactly is the problem you are having? Is Skype starting up but you cannot call? Or is it not starting at all?

Are you using the latest version?
Have you tried installing it in Compatibility Mode?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/36868-w7-skype.html
Relevancy 30.96%
Relevancy 30.96%

Hello Forum
I have in mind to install Skype on my win 10 pc. Made some search and learned that win 10 contains Skype, found somethind alike in the apps menu like in attached screenshot. When clicked on it - nothing happened.
I asked the technician (installed the system) - he did not install Skype. Making a search in my system I found some files as on screenshot attached. If they does not belong to Skype - what to do with them ?
Answers will be always appreciated
Thanks
Motim

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/52494-about-skype.html
Relevancy 30.96%
Q: Skype?

Can anyone get Skype to work on 7048 x64?

A:Skype?

Hi, I just downloaded and installed it there a minute ago,and did the tests that come with it, and everything seems to be working here,at what point is your problem starting.?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/4945-skype.html
Relevancy 30.96%

do you think which one better?? yahoo messenger or skype..??

A:YM or skype??which one do you think better?

Skype is pretty good. Dunno much about YM.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/33031-ym-skype-one-do-you-think-better.html
Relevancy 30.96%
Q: Skype

Hi, Complete newbie here!!

Sorry if I am posting in the wrong place.

I have been looking for a voip phone that will work with vista x64 there seem to be plenty about ebay etc. but much disagreement as to which ones will actually do the job - can you advise?

Thanks

A:Skype

I have used Skype for last 3 years and so far so good...
No problems to report on this free program.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/289721-skype.html
Relevancy 30.96%

When i had the original Acer software i could use Skyype,now i havs Vista Business,i set Skype up but the sound wont work .The computer works with voice recognition,but when i try Skype it cancels the microphone,when i reset,there is no Apply button highlighted,so no microphone/sound. This was never a problem with the Acer installed version.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/skype-368323.html
Relevancy 30.96%

I was surprised when I just received an email notice from Skype that they had charged my PayPal account for another annual fee. I have never used Skype, because of problems with the telephone hardware that I had purchased. I didn't know that they would automatically charge this payment, and when I went to my account, the only thing that I could find was an automatic feature to keep a minimum balance for call charges, which I had never enabled.

Of course, it has been a year since I setup the account, and my memory doesn't work very well that far back, but I don't recall any provisions for an automatic annual payment authorization...was there one?

You sure it's not a phishing mail?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/41932-skype.html
Relevancy 30.96%

I've been told how to set up Skype, so I can watch my TV card, anywhere in the world, by setting the card up in Skype as my Webcam. Although Skype recognises the card (Hauppauge HVR=1100), I can't seem to get a signal through Skype. I know for certain that my card is working. Has anyone had any success, or can recommend another way (besides buying a Slingbox)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tv-on-skype.583504/
Relevancy 30.96%

skype just isn't working for me right now... can anyone help? i can't say anything but that it just stopped working one day and uh even when i reinstall it then try to open the program just doesn't open. Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 30.96%

I've put this under hardware but it could just as easily be a software problem. When I make a video call (local or international) - I can see them but they can't see me. This is very annoying as I frequently call my pregnant daughter in England . Have tried reinstalling both Skype and the USB camera. Have also used TuneUp.

I assume that you have click on the option to "Start Video" ??

Regards,
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/skype.809641/
Relevancy 30.96%

Change Log

Information
* Removed Google product bundling
* Added attribution of used third party software
# Fixed issues:
* Click-to-Call
- There was a memory leak in Firefox plugin
* General
- Sometimes Skype crashed at startup on Windows 8
Download from FilleHippo

Relevancy 30.96%

I have asked in Skype community last week I am Skype still waiting on a reply My issue is When i turned on my laptop it loaded accept Skype it told me there was bad sectors within the program so i proceeded to uninstall it and re-install it Skype then that's where things got worse After unstalling it i tried to instal it i got a error so after doing some research i then started to get rid of everything to do with Skype skype i got stuck on this one issue when i went on to this part C Program Files x Skype Phone the skype exe could not be deleted because of this message The action can't be completed because the file is open in Base Filtering Engine Close this file and try again I have tried everything to get rid of it or at least stop the service to no avail i even tried to delete it through the command prompt and i got the same results As a last resort i downloaded the Mocrosoft Fix It program i saw that skype was not listed so i went to others and it asked me for a product code which i cannot find so i am stuck with this part Then i thought i would just install over it i just get the same message of the error So i need a solution to this as i am out of ideas I would like very much to use skype again but unitl further notice I am without it A little info that may help you OS Windows Ultimate bit File Version Skype Product Version Skype Thanks in advance Dave

Boot into safe mode and try uninstalling again.
If that doesn't work try using Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/539488/skype/
Relevancy 30.96%

Several of my Australian penpals want me to download and use Skype, which Is a free voice communication system. I can't find anything authoritative on it, so I'm afraid to download it. Does anyone know if it is safe to use? Thanks

Relevancy 30.96%
Q: skype

when I try to download Skype, avast Malware stops the download. What can I do to stop the interference?
L Maclaren

A:skype

Welcome to Seven Forums L Maclaren.

Are you downloading from here?
Download Skype on your computer - Windows, Mac, and Linux - Get Skype

You can turn Avast off while downloading to see if that helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/309695-skype.html
Relevancy 30.96%

There is a new version of skype out....5.5.59.119

A:new vs of skype

well there's even a newer version..

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/189490-new-vs-skype.html
Relevancy 30.96%

I have installed Trust Internet Phone Station ST-1200. so I can use my cordless phone for Skype calls and ordinary landline calls and I have connected the relevant wires, but my phone is not working. I am running Windows XP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/skype.746156/
Relevancy 30.96%

Can anyone tell me please how the blazes you get past the front page of the Skype web site? I am trying to get to the video chat set up page but can't find my way in. I know I am old but.... Please see the screen shot.

Cheers,

RonBin79

A:Skype How to

Did you try clicking on Video Calling?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/357931-skype-how.html
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi, Every time I do a call on Skype it decides to not respond, they can hear me and i can hear them it just says not responding. I have updated and downgraded with no luck. If anyone can help me I will be grateful.
Thanks

Try Uninstalling it and then using ccleaner to clean the registry. Then reinstall it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/180622-skype.html
Relevancy 30.96%

Change Log nbsp nbsp Information Improvements Improved quality of video received from Skype on mobile devices Skype shows users' presence icons on collapsed contact profile cards Conversation topic editing button is now always available on the conversation header If a phone Skype 5.3.0.108 number is added to a profile after a failed call attempt Skype starts a call automatically Automatically switch to SMS entry after user adds mobile phone number to profile after failing to send SMS due to lack of phone number Fixed issues Video - Video sending was sometimes Skype 5.3.0.108 not started if user had set computer to auto-answer and to start sending video Outlook contacts - Outlook contacts without country code gave Skype 5.3.0.108 an error message triggered error message when trying to call them after adding country code Call Quality Indicator - Two call Quality Indicators were opened if user change from default mode to compact mode when Call Quality Indicator was visible Call Phones - Call Phones number suggestion made it hard to call short numbers Instant Messaging - Skype 5.3.0.108 Long not yet sent IM entry was getting deleted when switching to SMS mode in conversation Call Phones - Call Phones number suggestion made it hard to call short numbers Screen sharing - In case user who is not in your contact list tried to share a screen with you and then receiver declined the sender was still seeing that he is sharing a screen Calling - In compact mode call was not sent to full screen if user chose it from the main menu Calling - No credits popup on failed call showed rates for users default country and not a country where he tried to call Call Phones - Call phones localizations did not fit into user interface in some languages Contact list - It was not possible to delete contacts from the contact list by pressing 'delete' key on keyboard Instant Messaging - When replacing a quote with a new quote then all the further messages sent to conversation appeared as quotes Screen sharing - It was not possible to stop a screen sharing on a recovered call File sending - Cancelling file transfer dialog was not correctly displayed in Right-To-Left languages Profile - Adding a number to contacts profile played a windows default error sound sound Accessibility - Adding people to ongoing call did not indicate which persons are selected already Accessibility - Sending contacts windows did not indicate which contacts are selected Skype

Relevancy 30.96%

Hello,

Does anyone know where I can download Skype 0.98.0.42 as it seems this is the last version which worked with windows 98. Compatibility was broken in 0.98.0.68
www.oldversion.com nor www.oldapps.com have the right version.

A:Old Skype

Some times if you put out a request on the Old Version forums someone will find it and post it there. I have done that in the past for some old programs. I think I still have a very old version of Skype on my computer yet. I usually don't delete anything I download.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-skype.468349/
Relevancy 30.96%

I have been trying to load Skype on a new laptop and during the download I get the message:
Unable to load Skype Toolbar.
Yet when I try to load this on my desktop it loads ok both the program and the toolbar.

Any Skypers out there.

Thanks for any advice.
jack

Is it possible that your firewall or other security settings (or anti-virus or anti-spyware apps) might be preventing Skype from installing?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/125937-skype.html
Relevancy 30.96%

Is anyone else having trouble getting Skype to connect when using windows 7 Home Premium?
It seems when you click on it, it will either not load or state their is a problem and not connect.
I have uninstalled it, done a registry scan for errors and have reinstalled it but I am still having connection issues when I go to use it.
I never used Skype before, but I do not have these issues with Aim, Yahoo or Windows Messenger.

Quote: Originally Posted by kb7uar

Is anyone else having trouble getting Skype to connect when using windows 7 Home Premium?
It seems when you click on it, it will either not load or state their is a problem and not connect.
I have uninstalled it, done a registry scan for errors and have reinstalled it but I am still having connection issues when I go to use it.
I never used Skype before, but I do not have these issues with Aim, Yahoo or Windows Messenger.

I use skype and talk to my friend fine but when she moves into her room the call drops. Try restarting your modem?

please fill out your pc information better, so we can help more.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/134481-skype.html
Relevancy 30.96%

Using Win 7 Professional.

I installed Skype on my laptop last week so that I could participate in a meeting.

Whenever I turn on my laptop, Skype is loaded in the background. Because I do not foresee using Skype on a regular basis, I must manually turn it off by positioning the cursor onto the icon in the tray and click "quit".

Is there a way to stop Skype for automatically being launched?

Start->Run->msconfig .Under tab StartUp unselect Skype.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/124339-skype.html
Relevancy 30.96%
Q: skype

using xp.
every time i finish making a phone call, i get a page asking me to give feedback as to the quality of the phone call made.

how do i get rid of it.

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

herb

A:skype

lilaco said:

using xp.
every time i finish making a phone call, i get a page asking me to give feedback as to the quality of the phone call made.

how do i get rid of it.

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

herbClick to expand...

Quit using Skype??

Seriously, those are quality control services and shouldn't appear with every call. I usually only see them when i have had some problems with the call.

On the next forms, tell them you are having problems with them always asking for feedback

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/skype.487152/
Relevancy 30.96%

Quote:
LUXEMBOURG, February 3, 2009 -- Skype today announced the launch of Skype 4.0 for Windows, the most distinctive new release in the company's five-year history. Thanks to the feedback of tens of thousands of people, the new version offers full-screen video calling, crystal clear call quality and is easier to use than ever before. In addition, Skype users will find all of the features they have come to expect - free voice and video calls to other Skype users, instant messaging, SMS, as well as calls to landlines and mobile devices around the world at very low rates.

more: All-New Skype Now Available - About Skype

A:All-New Skype Now Available

Is this fully compatible with W7? The previous version/beta crashed non-stop for me. I'm using the 64 bit build 7000.

Nevermind, found out the official release is not compatible - random crashes. However their beta release from FileHippo seems to work fine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/3452-all-new-skype-now-available.html
Relevancy 30.96%

Are Microsoft trying to stop us using FREE Skype, in order to BUY the 'contract' version? It took me nearly an hour to get it to download, then when it did, it asked my to sync it with my MS email which I did, then it had the stupidity to tell me that 'it already exists' and would not let me in!!

It was working fine until Bill Gates bought it, now I can never get it to work.

Since posting this I deleted all ref to skype on my pc and instead of downloading from Skype I went to cnet and downloaded their copy. Works perfectly now.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/36402-skype-win-8-a.html
Relevancy 30.96%

Hello
My brother has both a smart phone an an iPad but is a total non tech.
Is there any way we can Skype without his having an email address. We have tried to set up an email address but it is to no avail.
TY

Don't think so as it requires either an original Skype login or a Windows Live login which includes @Live.com, @Hotmail.com, @msn.com, @Outlook.com to work.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/35995-skype.html
Relevancy 30.96%

Skype App just been upgraded via updates.
Have not had time yet to see what improvements there are.
Anyone else had this app upgraded if so have you found out yet what improvements it has made

My last update to Skype occurred on 17 Dec 2015. So far I have not seen any new update since then. My version is Skype video 2.12.15004.0

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/36758-skype.html
Relevancy 30.96%

New Version of Skype is ready to download and upgrade

Version 7.18.0.109 is what it has been upgraded to

Thanks for the heads up! Just upgraded mine.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/38776-skype.html
Relevancy 30.96%

Skype version 7...

It failed to update on Friday.

I did a full uninstallation. Now I don't have the Skype.

I've downloaded the Skype offline installer on Saturday; it did not install at all well... it said it couldn't connect to the server.

It really seems strage, that the offline installer could not update / or install without checking onto server, even.

I must work through the Skype on monday - what should I do?! Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-get-skype-1092186.html