Windows Support Forum

windows 7 bsod::cant start windows with (graphic)drivers

Q: windows 7 bsod::cant start windows with (graphic)drivers

hello im new on this forum and windows bsod::cant 7 windows with start (graphic)drivers im not sure where to post this next problem if this is the wrong section then please windows 7 bsod::cant start windows with (graphic)drivers move it and inform me i started to have a problem with my graphics drivers a week ago when my computer crashed when i tried to restart in safe mode it had gray horizontal lines and distorted colors in safe mode when i tried to start up windows again it still had those distortions and after the windows logo screen it crashed with a blue windows 7 bsod::cant start windows with (graphic)drivers screen with these being associated x atikmpag sys i turned off my computer that night and went to sleep the next morning i turned it on and the horizontal distortions were gone but it still crashed when i tried to start up what i did was delete atikmpag sys from safe mode and then windows worked only without graphic drivers of course at that point i started reading googling etc and came to the conclusion that i had a TDR failure or something i followed a lot of tips and threads for days trying to fix it from driversweeping all my drivers and installing new old medium drivers everything sometimes the error was even atikmdag sys instead of atikmpag sys but the only way ive been using windows is with those two files deleted now i dont do a lot on this computer but this is getting a nuisance and before im running off to get a new graphic card i would like to know if this forum knows any way i can fix this problem im looking forward for feedback thanks anyone who can help me

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: windows 7 bsod::cant start windows with (graphic)drivers

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: windows 7 bsod::cant start windows with (graphic)drivers

What graphic card? And did it happen after you did something like upgrading the computer to Windows 7?... Because maybe there is no drivers for Windows 7 for that graphic card?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-7-bsod-cant-start-windows-with-graphic-drivers-684356.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello,

I just get a BSOD most of the time at start up windows 8.
This start happening after installing new drivers with the software DriverNagivator

Please someone help!

Thanks

A:BSOD at windows start up, after installing new drivers

Hi Richardmx82 & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

Really sorry for the delay. Sadly, there are not many analysts
Do you still need help with this problem? If yes, then kindly reply to this thread and I will be notified via email and reply within 48 hours.

-Pranav

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/65837-bsod-windows-start-up-after-installing-new-drivers.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Diagnostic zip Report is attached I type this from my Windows bit system running the standard VGA driver I generally am pretty good with troubleshooting in the computer field but I have now spent over hours on this problem with very little luck and lots of frustration I'll try to provide as much information as possible The problem started nights ago when I was playing a somewhat-old computer game called Age of Empires The graphics are not overly intense - I nvlddmkm.sys drivers BSOD Start-up, nVidia with Windows proper on had not even maximized settings - but BSOD with proper nVidia drivers on Windows Start-up, nvlddmkm.sys nonetheless my screen began to flicker and I was confronted with a blue screen informing me that problem was BSOD with proper nVidia drivers on Windows Start-up, nvlddmkm.sys caused by a failure to read nvlddmkm sys the nVidia driver file I still have not figured out why my drivers suddenly crashed I run a pretty cool BSOD with proper nVidia drivers on Windows Start-up, nvlddmkm.sys system with no overclocking whatsoever I have not been able to run the drivers since so I was forced to go in to safe mode disable the drivers and boot up in normal with the standard VGA drivers So my question - how can I go about fixing this without completely reinstalling Windows I realize that by now I could have backed up my files reinstalled and copied everything over I've done that two times already in the last months and I'm really annoyed by the necessity of doing it What can I do to get my system to properly run the drivers again without reinstalling the operating system Information - Spacious desktop rig with plenty of cooling built by myself - Graphics card remains at a temperature hovering around degrees celsius - EVGA GeForce GTX TI GB -bit GDDR - Card is in perfect condition no visible damage on the exterior nor is it hot to the touch seconds after shutdown - I have never ran in to any errors with the card prior I've only had it for two months - I do not overclock - Motherboard Supermicro X SIA-F does contain onboard VGA - I am currently running this card rather than onboard VGA but with VGA drivers - I run RAID I never have experienced any problems with its status until I started to receive all of these blue screens now my second hard-drive is running in to issues giving the volume a quot degraded quot status when I first experienced the blue screen my volume's condition was fine as was it when I was first started troubleshooting This is something new that seems to accommodate my frequent blue screens This disables some extra functionality but it is still entirely operable - I am unable to perform a system restore due to the lack of recent saves - Yes I have researched this problem and tested the methods of others on various help forums including this very own What I have tried and what happened - Reinstall proper drivers to no avail - Completely wipe nVidia from my system then try a reinstall to no avail - Run a Windows Update to upgrade the drivers cannot update - Search for drivers in the Device Manager to no avail - Upgrade Windows literally right after everything finished I was told that my system is illegible for an upgrade though my system seemed ready according to their tool - Repair my drivers via System File Checker no faults found - Expand via cmd prompt the nvlddmkm file from the driver installation in to the actual driver manually to ensure that the file is up to date no change - Ensure that I am not running in Aero Mode apparently this is incompatible without the proper drivers did not work - Completely unplug my system to no avail - Talk very sternly to my system to no avail though I do question my sanity more than I should now Any ideas Any and all help is appreciated My freetime has been swallowed by this dilemma I will update my post with additional information when appropriate it is more than likely I have left out or misaddressed some information due to the hastiness in which I wrote this Thank... Read more

A:BSOD with proper nVidia drivers on Windows Start-up, nvlddmkm.sys

Fuzzwolf,
Point 1:
Help us to help you by filling in your system specs and here is how:
Update your SevenForums System Specs
User CP (located on the top menu bar) |
Your Profile | Edit System Spec (left-hand column)

To gather info, use Speccy (my favorite) or SIW or System Info

In the System Manufacturer Block, enter:
? Manufacturer and Model OR Custom build.
? ADD the word laptop, desktop, netbook or tablet.
For example:
Toshiba Satellite L305D notebook.

Provide full windows version info, for example:
MS Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit

Use the ?Other Info? block for Optical Reader,
Mouse, touchpad, wifi adapter, speakers, monitor, etc

Scroll down and click on SAVE CHANGES.

With Speccy, you can select with your mouse/touchpad info from the display
and paste that info into your specs.

SIW is a marvelous program, but the free version does not offer
this capability.

=====================================
======================================
After that is out of the way,
then if you are getting BSODs,
then
Post in the Crash and BSOD forum.

You will be expected to:
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

Your system specs will travel with you wherever you go on SevenForums.

========================================
thanks,
karl

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/252943-bsod-proper-nvidia-drivers-windows-start-up-nvlddmkm-sys.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Just in the process of reinstalling my Win7 OS. I have an ATI Radeon HD5750 Graphics Card and when Windows was installing I noticed that it installed drivers for the graphic card. In my previous install I had the Catalyst Control Centre installed but never ever used it for anything that I know of. So my question is, do I need to install the CCC package from the ATI site or are the windows installed drivers just as good. On a similar tack without starting a new thread. Do I need to reinstall the chipset drivers for my Gigabyte MA770T-UD3 Motherboard or are they still installed?.

A:Windows 7 drivers or ATI graphic card drivers?.

If you have an ATI graphics card/chip...some say that you don't need to install CCC.

I have a history of ATI cards/chipsets and I always install the full package because the card/chip works properly and I don't care about the fact that I don't ever use CCC.

Any drivers installed by Windows by default will work...but for optimum use of the graphics function, you probably need to install the drivers provided by the system or motherboard manufacturer.

Anytime an O/S is reinstalled...all previous system files are flushed.  Of course, a clean install fllushes everything.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529577/windows-7-drivers-or-ati-graphic-card-drivers/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello recently i bought a y - i core hq gtx m ram gb on Y50-70 - 10 drivers graphic windows problem laptop and it had windows on and when i tried to play games on it it was so slow so i decided to pay a visit to nvidia website and went for Y50-70 - graphic drivers problem on windows 10 a scan for drivers and apparently i had none nbsp i downloaded the recommended one and everything was fine until recently like days ago i upgraded to windows and that's when bad things nbsp started to happen games were slow and weird so i decided to again pay a visit to nvidia and i found out there was driver i was like okay cool i will download Y50-70 - graphic drivers problem on windows 10 new one i did but it's as if nothing has happened so i went again to nvidia's site and it still says '' current drivers -- '' so i did a bit of digging and found out that because i have old windows on with old graphic driver so i went full bleep nbsp it and deleted windows old but still same thing kept happening even when i did clear re-installation with DDU so i went full bleep nbsp it again and did a reset for the windows deleting everything on C drive installed nvidia's latest graphic driver for notebook and then again same bleep kept happening i did clean re-installtion with desktop nvidia graphic driver and nope so i went for some last resort kind of thing and went for lenovo's website and downloaded the driver there installed it and all was well EXCEPT here are some of the symptoms - when i try to open a game it keeps flashing in black a few times before it starts working nbsp -games are waaaay much slower than before nbsp nbsp http imgur com I ZuRsx what i mean with nvidia not detecting my graphic driver so i was like maybe it's just the new driver went for nvidia's website to check for any drivers on my pc nope no drivers i ended up saying maybe if i install the newer graphic drivers it would be better and nothing changed within the games and such so i did some windows update hoping for something to happen but nope nothing i even uninstalled the driver from pc and updated it through windows update but same bleep i would like to add - geforce experience says i have driver version here - when i uninstalled drivers gtx m would disappear from display monitors until i installed that graphic driver from lenovo website - i updated to latest driver now through geforcethanks in advance nbsp nbsp Mod's Edit System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility clarity Solved Go to Solution

A:Y50-70 - graphic drivers problem on windows 10

I think it's a windows10 or geforce driver problem. I was having the same issue when I upgraded to windows 10 and my FPS dropped in every game. For me the soultion so far is to clean install geforce driver everytime I want to play game. You can also use Display Driver Unisatller to propelry unstall graphic driver. Use NVidia Inspector to check whether your GPU is being utlized or not

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y50-70-graphic-drivers-problem-on-windows-10/td-p/2262680
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello, All!

I have recently done Windows 7 Ultimate in my PC. Unforunately, the beautiful graphics are not turned on in this Window. I mean the crystal shape of every window and probably aero desktop functionality in not ON. After searching on Internet, I found that all graphic divers of Windows 7 are not installed.

Please tell me about all graphic drivers of Windows 7. I found one which is wddm 1.0. Unfortunately I am unable to download this driver yet. I request all of you to tell me all graphic drivers and thier download URL. I will be grateful to you.

Regards,

A:Graphic Drivers Problem of Windows 7.

Use this Driver: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller - Xp and Vista drivers

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/51196-graphic-drivers-problem-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 67.08%

My dears, I bought a laptop HP 15 ac 122tu with free DOS,at last month i installed widows 7 related  graphic drivers are installed through hp authorised portal but my screen videos not working well ,how can i overcome this proble 

A:graphic drivers not working properlly in windows 7

Hi: HP does not support your notebook for 32 bit operating systems. Did you try the W7 32 bit driver directly from Intel?  The auto install file is the first one listed on the left side of the webpage. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26078/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/graphic-drivers-not-working-properlly-in-windows-7/td-p/5740623
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi,
Please suggest which version of graphic drivers supported on d915gvwb/d910gldw for windows 7.
Any wddm or xpdm.
Please reply asap.
Thanks.

A:Graphic Drivers for d915gvwb/d910gldw (Windows 7)

Hi phenomenon,

For 'd915gvwb', this is the Windows 7 tested driver: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...eng&iid=dc_rss
For 'd910gldw', you may download the 'Windows 7' driver from this link: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...eng&iid=dc_rss

Hope this helps. Do reply if you have any further questions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/281878-graphic-drivers-d915gvwb-d910gldw-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello! I have windows 8.1 installed on my computer and I cannot find graphics drivers for my ATI Radeon HD 2400 PCIE.

If I install the windows 8 graphics drivers on my system will it do any harm to my computer?Will it work?

Thanks!

A:Windows 8 graphic drivers on windows 8.1

The generic drivers Windows would install would do no harm to your computer.
Have you checked here for your driver:
Ati Drivers & Downloads - Ati

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/48592-windows-8-graphic-drivers-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi there,

Iam new here and my english is not the best, so sorry for that .

I have trouble with starting my Windows 7. It is booting but when the "windows is starting"-dialouge comes, nothing will happen. It?s just the windows picture with the dialouge. I waited about 15 minutes - nothing.

The problem started after I changed the brightness in the nvidia settings, because the monitor settings for my Samsung were a little less. I did a reboot cause i did have problems with my internet-mobile-stick and then it happend.

I tried to boot in safe mode - nothing happens.

I tried to repair with my Windows CD - no problems found.

Tried to boot with old systemsettings (one day ago) - Windows won?t start.

My System:

AMD 2 Phenom X6
8gig RAM
Geforce 570 GTX - Gainward (I have the latest driver)

Any suggestions or ideas?

Do you need further information? Please help.

Relevancy 64.93%

Hi guys im new here Cheers for graphic install Inside Preview drivers 10 Windows intel wont you all My windows automatically installed the windows inside preview update and now I can't install Intel Graphic drivers When I try to install and i'm completely sure its the correct version windows tells me the drivers is not valid for this Operative System Anyone is facing the same problem Graphic Driver Windows 10 Inside Preview wont install intel graphic drivers is Intel HD Graphics Intel R HD Graphics Data do relat rio de outubro de Hora do relat rio hh mm ss Vers o do controlador Sistema operativo Windows Home Idioma predefinido Portuguese Portugal Mem ria f sica MB ID de fornecedor ID do dispositivo B Revis o do dispositivo Vers o do protocolo de sa da de gr ficos GOP Resolu o atual x Processador Intel R Core TM i - HQ CPU GHz Velocidade do processador MHz Processamento gr fico em uso Intel R HD Graphics Vers o do shader Vers o do OpenGL Vers o do OpenCL Microsoft DirectX Vers o do Runtime Vers o do Hardware Suportado Dispositivos ligados ao acelerador de gr ficos Ecr s ativos Ecr integrado Tipo de ecr Digital Protocolo DDC Suportado Gama Tipo de conetor DisplayPort incorporado Tipo de dispositivo Ecr integrado Tamanho m ximo da imagem Tamanho horizontal polegadas Tamanho vertical polegadas Modos suportados x p Hz Thanks in advance Jo o

A:Windows 10 Inside Preview wont install intel graphic drivers

Setup error log!

Code:
>>> 10/08/2016 01:01:18:521[Install Configuration]
Installer Version: 1.6.46.0
Compile date = Fri Jun 10 10:40:47 2016
OS command line = "C:\Users\joaoc\AppData\Local\Temp\pft3253~tmp\Setup.exe"
Effective command line =
Windows Version = Windows XP SP3
Platform = 64 bit
Core Version = 3.0.1 (IIF2++)
System up time = 617 sec
Source: C:\Users\joaoc\AppData\Local\Temp\pft3253~tmp
[Languages]
0401 - C:\Users\joaoc\AppData\Local\Temp\pft3253~tmp\Lang\ar-SA\setup.exe.mui
0405 - C:\Users\joaoc\AppData\Local\Temp\pft3253~tmp\Lang\cs-CZ\setup.exe.mui
0406 - C:\Users\joaoc\AppData\Local\Temp\pft3253~tmp\Lang\da-DK\setup.exe.mui
0407 - C:\Users\joaoc\AppData\Local\Temp\pft3253~tmp\Lang\de-DE\setup.exe.mui
0408 - C:\Users\joaoc\AppData\Local\Temp\pft3253~tmp\Lang\el-GR\setup.exe.mui
0409 - C:\Users\joaoc\AppData\Local\Temp\pft3253~tmp\Lang\en-US\setup.exe.mui
0C0A - C:\Users\joaoc\AppData\Local\Temp\pft3253~tmp\Lang\es-ES\setup.exe.mui
040B - C:\Users\joaoc\AppData\Local\Temp\pft3253~tmp\Lang\fi-FI\setup.exe.mui
040C - C:\Users\joaoc\AppData\Local\Temp\pft3253~tmp\Lang\fr-FR\setup.exe.mui
040D - C:\Users\joaoc\AppData\Local\Temp\pft3253~tmp\Lang\he-IL\setup.exe.mui
041A - C:\Users\joaoc\AppData\Local\Temp\pft3253~tmp\Lang\hr-HR\setup.exe.mui
040E - C:\Users\joaoc\AppData\Local\Temp\pft3253~tmp\Lang\hu-HU\setup.exe.mui
0410 - C:\Users\joaoc\AppData\Local\Temp\pft3253~tmp\Lang\it-IT\setup.exe.mui
0411 - C:\Users\joaoc\AppData\Local\Temp\pft3253~tmp\Lang\ja-JP\setup.exe.mui
0412 - C:\Users\joaoc\AppData\Local\Temp\pft3253~tmp\Lang\ko-KR\setup.exe.mui
0414 - C:\Users\joaoc\AppData\Local\Temp\pft3253~tmp\Lang\nb-NO\setup.exe.mui
0413 - C:\Users\joaoc\AppData\Local\Temp\pft3253~tmp\Lang\nl-NL\setup.exe.mui
0415 - C:\Users\joaoc\AppData\Local\Temp\pft3253~tmp\Lang\pl-PL\setup.exe.mui
0416 - C:\Users\joaoc\AppData\Local\Temp\pft3253~tmp\Lang\pt-BR\setup.exe.mui
0816 - C:\Users\joaoc\AppData\Local\Temp\pft3253~tmp\Lang\pt-PT\setup.exe.mui
0418 - C:\Users\joaoc\AppData\Local\Temp\pft3253~tmp\Lang\ro-RO\setup.exe.mui
0419 - C:\Users\joaoc\AppData\Local\Temp\pft3253~tmp\Lang\ru-RU\setup.exe.mui
041B - C:\Users\joaoc\AppData\Local\Temp\pft3253~tmp\Lang\sk-SK\setup.exe.mui
0424 - C:\Users\joaoc\AppData\Local\Temp\pft3253~tmp\Lang\sl-SI\setup.exe.mui
041D - C:\Users\joaoc\AppData\Local\Temp\pft3253~tmp\Lang\sv-SE\setup.exe.mui
041E - C:\Users\joaoc\AppData\Local\Temp\pft3253~tmp\Lang\th-TH\setup.exe.mui
041F - C:\Users\joaoc\AppData\Local\Temp\pft3253~tmp\Lang\tr-TR\setup.exe.mui
0804 - C:\Users\joaoc\AppData\Local\Temp\pft3253~tmp\Lang\zh-CN\setup.exe.mui
0404 - C:\Users\joaoc\AppData\Local\Temp\pft3253~tmp\Lang\zh-TW\setup.exe.mui
User default LangID: 0x816
User default UI language: 0x816
Loaded language 0816
[Checking requirements]
Enabling DPIAware not supported on current OS.
Checking for admin rights
Admin rights OK
Checking OS
! Invalid OS
Checking .NET configuration
Check Pass. Found ID: 8 , Min ID: 4
.NET check OK
IIF will NOT initiate reboot
Exit code = 0xA003
ResultCode = 40963
<<< 10/08/2016 01:01:20:476

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/66267-windows-10-inside-preview-wont-install-intel-graphic-drivers.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I was using my computer today as I normally would and noticed that I started getting white screens when I started games One time it got so bad I restarted my computer but now I have no hdmi signal to my monitor Did my gpu fail I tried plugging the hdmi cable directly into the motherboard but still got no signal I even tried a different hdmi cable but it didn t work either Can t even use my pc now I did get a start to Sudden now windows artifacts, graphic unable new gpu about weeks ago Edited Okay I plugged a different monitor in and the display comes on but windows is stuck in a loop of trying to repair itself after blue-screening half a second Plugged my old monitor back in and now it works fine again I Sudden graphic artifacts, now unable to start windows m suspecting my new gpu is what failed But then again wouldn t it be unable to render anything on screen Is it the hard drive The CPU nbsp

A:Sudden graphic artifacts, now unable to start windows

When issues such as artifacting suddenly appear, it usually points to a GPU failure. Something else that comes to mind is a PSU failure since it may not be able to supply enough power to the components, hence causing these issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-graphic-artifacts-now-unable-to-start-windows.206478/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hey there, I have been using this machine since months ago, no BSOD or crashes. But last week I updated my amd driver to the latest one, I get BSOD consistently. Most of them are Memory Management. I'm pretty sure it is not because of other drivers since no problem back then. I can't install back the old driver since BF4 need the latest one, any idea?

PS- Now using the BETA 13.11.

A:BSOD after updating AMD Graphic Drivers

Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/312343-bsod-after-updating-amd-graphic-drivers.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello there I've found your forum while it returns a lot of 'SOLVED' posts concernig all kind of BSODs in Google I'm almost hopeless and I want to buy another laptop because I can't fix my problem Your forum is my last resort My problem is are BSODs mostly on initializing the system somewhere while displaying a Windows logo Screen freezes with BSOD and pixels starts to change colors Win Pro on graphic BSOD 32bit - drivers? 8.1 In about half a minute screen is a total mess see attached photo Then system restarts BSOD and all happens again In some point after - restarts with BSODs system starts normally and want to send a bug report to Microsoft System works stable for some time Sometimes it's couple of hours sometimes it's less than an hour I didn't find any pattern To the point - could you please take a look on my sysnative and perfmon reports and try to find out if it is a software problem I had once similar problem with overheating laptop and I had BSOD on Win 8.1 Pro 32bit - graphic drivers? to buy another one But this laptop is barely warm and the most times when BSOD on Win 8.1 Pro 32bit - graphic drivers? BSOD happen is while starting cold After that it can work normally for hours That is BSOD on Win 8.1 Pro 32bit - graphic drivers? why I hope that it isn't a hardware failure and ask for your help I'm on an Asus laptop N Vp OS - Windows pro bit Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer - OEM Vista upgraded to purchased Win pro Age of system hardware - About - years Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS - years CPU - Intel C C T GHz Video Card - ATI Mpbility Radeon HD MotherBoard - N A Power Supply - brand amp wattage - N A

A:BSOD on Win 8.1 Pro 32bit - graphic drivers?

It's me again ;)

I managed to take a photo and short video of the latest BSOD.
Please find it under this link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hhmn43617...BQG2tpa?dl=0#/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-on-win-8-1-pro-32bit-graphic-drivers-991233.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I attached the latest minidumps Problems have been going on for half a year though before I finally went kuku and decided to call for help I'm getting pfn list corrupt page fault in non paged area irql-not less or equal errors bsods but most of all it's memory management I've tried numerous formats and reinstalling everything I've done memtest and no errors BSOD messages, graphic drivers? Several whatsoever pop up I've taken out one memstick put them in different slots As far as I recall the problems all started with me installing the Catalyst control center from ati causing me to believe that it's a video card driver problem I updated chipset drivers and have Several BSOD messages, graphic drivers? the latest ati drivers for my video card so I'm getting quite desperate I have been searching several forums and read somewhere that it's bios related Current version is PG One person advised to flash the bios to a newer version but I want to explore other possibilities first before i risk having to throw away my mobo System setup Intel Core i - Gigabyte GA-P -UD Sapphire Radeon HD Vapor-X GB GDDR OCZ Obsidian Ultra-low Voltage x Gb DDR - PC -

A:Several BSOD messages, graphic drivers?

It could very well be a hardware issue. Do not use any Catalyst features, just the driver itself.

Your Gigabyte power saving drivers are out of date:
Code:
GVTDrv64.sys Tue Sep 05 03:10:02 2006
Please remove the program completely, or update it.

Enable driver verifier: Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Drivers

Summary of the Dumps:
Code:

Built by: 7600.16397.amd64fre.win7_gdr_staging.090720-1852
Debug session time: Sun Jul 4 07:31:40.383 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:06:19.523
BugCheck 1A, {41790, fffffa8001356540, ffff, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+339d6 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_41790
PROCESS_NAME: iexplore.exe
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Debug session time: Sun Jul 4 07:00:35.683 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:07:05.823
BugCheck 50, {fffff900cb1869b0, 0, fffff960000bbc5a, 2}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k+5bc5a )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50
PROCESS_NAME: iexplore.exe
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Debug session time: Sun Jul 4 07:35:58.332 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:03:37.472
BugCheck 1A, {41201, fffff683ff7fed98, 3160000100557025, fffffa8003a8f4e0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+13bf2 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_41201
PROCESS_NAME: SearchProtocol
Debug session time: Sun Jul 4 07:19:00.030 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:17:44.060
BugCheck 1A, {3452, 50000, fffff70001080838, 876000006853bc66}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+33ab3 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_3452
PROCESS_NAME: SearchFilterHo

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/95325-several-bsod-messages-graphic-drivers.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello
Ive been getting a lot of blue screens since a few days ago when i was just gaming. I tried updating graphics drivers but my pc couldnt even launch windows after that and so i resorted to safe mode and uninstalling the graphic drivers and found thay I can run the computer without getting blue screens but only without having graphics drivers.

This has been happening for the past week in which if i try do anything that required my graphics drivers to be used it would BSOD. Ive also tried CMD. and the command SFC.EXE /SCANNOW and i got: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

A:Computer BSOD with graphic drivers installed

Hello and welcome to SevenForums!
When i come home ill look at the log.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/361841-computer-bsod-graphic-drivers-installed.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi all I have the following computer CPU Intel Core i - CPU GHz Motherboard MSI B -G BSOD card not drivers, caused by graphic but convinced GAMING MS- - latest device drivers gb ram graphics card AMD Radeon R - latest device drivers Hard drives one main and back ups which I use for video editing work and playing the latest star wars battlefront play BSOD caused by graphic card drivers, but not convinced But there is always something wrong I getting BSOD every - hours Now that I have finished a major video editing project I can try to work out what is wrong I tried a few things but BSOD caused by graphic card drivers, but not convinced what fixed it was BSOD caused by graphic card drivers, but not convinced removing the graphic card device drivers and using the default drivers But that means I don't get the full use out of a video card Now before everyone assumes that I have fixed the problem I must point out what was happening before When I had the graphics card drivers installed I used to do some funny things to get the computer to work - I used to unplug the DVD drive unplug plug in other hard drives yes plugging a second hard drive back in used to get the computer working for days swapping ram chips taking out ram chips which I was hesitant to do as I needed them I have tried each ram chip one at a time and they are not the problem So what could be causing all these problems Is the motherboard not handling it all Is it really just the video card and I need to get another Is there a program I could download to check all my hardware to see if they are working correctly James

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/399439-bsod-caused-graphic-card-drivers-but-not-convinced.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi all I have the following computer CPU Intel BSOD drivers, graphic card by not convinced caused but Core i - CPU GHz Motherboard MSI B -G GAMING MS- - latest device drivers gb ram graphics card AMD Radeon R - latest device drivers Hard drives one main and back ups which I use for video editing work and playing the latest star wars battlefront play But there is always something wrong I getting BSOD every - hours Now that I have finished a major video editing project I can try to work out what is wrong I tried a few things but what fixed it was removing the graphic card device drivers and using the BSOD caused by graphic card drivers, but not convinced default BSOD caused by graphic card drivers, but not convinced drivers But that means I don't get the full use out of a video card Now before everyone assumes that I have fixed the problem I must point out what was happening before When I had the graphics card drivers installed I used to do some funny things to get the computer to work - I used to unplug the DVD drive unplug plug in other hard drives yes plugging a second hard drive back in used to get the computer working for days swapping ram chips taking out ram chips which I was hesitant to do as I needed them I have tried each ram chip one at a time and they are not the problem So what could be causing all these problems Is the motherboard not handling it all Is it really just the video card and I need to get another Is there a program I could download to check all my hardware to see if they are working correctly James

A:BSOD caused by graphic card drivers, but not convinced

Have just had another BSOD and my log files says it is caused by ntoskrnl.exe+6f400

It didn't start as a BSOD, the screen simply went to the screen background and I could do nothing, when I restarted the computer I then had the BSOD.

From google it states that it is most probably caused by bad ram memory, but I have taken all four chips out and used them one at a time with no effect

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/399439-bsod-caused-graphic-card-drivers-but-not-convinced.html
Relevancy 61.06%
A:BSOD Caused By Graphic Drivers -- Seems to occur at random times

Hi Ech0es, I'll try to help. You only have 1 Dump file. So, if you would, please make sure your system is configured for Small Memory Dumps. Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD

The dump file is your Graphics driver, as you probably knew

Code:
atikmdag
start end module name
fffff880`11038000 fffff880`11fe2000 atikmdag T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys
Image name: atikmdag.sys
Timestamp: Mon Aug 11 21:37:53 2014 (53E97E01)
CheckSum: 00F38D59
ImageSize: 00FAA000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
You may try to make sure you have the latest DirectX installed http://support.microsoft.com/kb/179113

You may either try to disable hardware acceleration in Adobe Flash just to see if that helps.

If the problem continues, I would consider uninstalling Firefox, just as a test to see if that has something to do with the crashes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/347229-bsod-caused-graphic-drivers-seems-occur-random-times.html
Relevancy 60.63%

On my brother s desktop I recently installed Windows Ultimate x RTM It s been working for a month by now BSOD probably Ultimate x86 by graphic card Windows 7 caused flawlessly Yesterday when I tried setting up a new router I booted his PC logged in and realized it was just not loading well The desktop was taking a long time to load the Gadgets were scrambled across the screen and I noticed that when I moved the cursor over the taskbar it would show magenta green pixels around it and black lines above it so I guessed that my ATi Radeon X Pro a -year old one it might be the reason why might have been having conflicts with s Aero Then the screen froze and Windows stopped working I did a cold reboot and tried again it showed the typical BSOD error notification saying quot Windows recovered from an unexpected error quot or something equivalent I tried opening the dmp file but it crashed right away Now that my brother needs to work I started Windows in safe mode and it does work so I m guessing it is something related to the graphics Any suggestions Thanks in advance nbsp

A:BSOD Windows 7 Ultimate x86 probably caused by graphic card

Dmp files aren't readable without a debugger, so zip the dmp file (preferably 4 or 5 if you have them) and attach it here as a zip or rar file.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-windows-7-ultimate-x86-probably-caused-by-graphic-card.894911/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi and good morning,

Recently I have re-format my pc to Windows 7 64 bit. I have installed the driver using cd provided with the motherboard and my pc works just fine. However, once I installed my graphic card driver using the latest version from AMD site, (my graphic card AMD Radeon HD 6790), it keep giving me bsod everytime I start up my pc during the windows loading screen. Please help.

A:BSOD during start up after installed the graphic card driver.

Hello, nonase and welcome to the Forum. You had 1 memory dump.

Code:
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa80093fa010, fffff8800381fcec, 0, 2}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys

Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+ccec )

Followup: MachineOwner

When did you build this computer? Did you do a clean install of the operating system? Have you run all Windows Updates until there were no more? You should not use the Driver Disk to install drivers. Download them from your Motherboard's web site. https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M5A78LM_LX/HelpDesk/. They will be much newer drivers. Try reinstalling your Graphics driver. I'll give you some suggestions to get a good clean install.

I am going to give you some links that will help you get a good clean install and not have any drivers you don't need that will conflict with other drivers. Download a WHQL driver from Latest AMD Catalyst Video Driver for Windows 7 . Once you have them downloaded, uninstall you current driver from control panel. next clean up any left over drivers from following this tutorial Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling and select only ATI Display Drivers. After you have done that and rebooted, install the new driver, only select custom install and install only what you have to. Very few people need most of what they include. You do not need the audio/HDMI drivers as you already have that in your Motherboard drivers. Unless there is some reason you need them, the only thing you really need is the Display Driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/376384-bsod-during-start-up-after-installed-graphic-card-driver.html
Relevancy 58.48%

hello everyone!

i have a satellite a500-1dn

i have some troubles with it! it's happening that when it's standing by to crash! i mean the windows it's blocked and the only thing i can do is power off!
also happens to crash with BSOD!
since now i had 3 crashes of the graphic driver! i tried to update it but it says that is latest version!
also i did:
- memory diagnostic tool, nothing wrong found
- sfl/ scannow, nothing found
- scans with registry booster and tuneup util 2010, nothing found!

toshiba has a lot of programs that starts up with windos i lot of them i don't need!

i.m thinking to do a restore, or system repair (return to the manufacturer) but i'm not so sure that will help me!

have ypu heard about this things before!

i'm attaching the minnidupm folder!

thank you and all the best

A:BSOD when stand by, graphic card crashed, slow start up

Andreipga,

The first two appear to be caused by your video driver, while the last one is from Toshiba HDD Protection. I recommend removing the Toshiba HDD protection and reinstalling your video driver.

~Lordbob

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/57852-bsod-when-stand-graphic-card-crashed-slow-start-up.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello, I have been trying to use the installer dvd to try and repair windows. At the screen where I can select to load drivers, I don't see an option from the place that says "Select an operating system that you want to repair". I hit next, and I go the startup repair from recovery tools. Every time I run the tool, I get a message that says that the tool may have completed successfully, reboot to find out.

When I go to details of the repair I see a message that says Windows\system32\drivers\pciide.sys is corrupt, and another message about pciidex.sys.

A:Windows will not start, OS is not able to load drivers.

Try running an sfc/scannow command at boot.
SFC /SCANNOW : Run in Command Prompt at Boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/222169-windows-will-not-start-os-not-able-load-drivers.html
Relevancy 58.05%

hi guys.

i have a problme in my computer and i be glad if you guys could help me !

I recently updated my drivers by the program (Driver booster 3 PRo).
after the program finished to download the new drivers, he asks me to reboot the computer.
after i reboot, i couldent start the windows. my windows crashes at windows 7 loggin and show a blue screen for a 1 sec, and than restart the computer.
I cant go to Safe mode, Cant do recovery point cuse i dont have one.
i have access to Administrator Prompt and That's all.

what to do ? please help !

*BTW i dont have windows CD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/383044-help-cant-start-windows-7-after-installing-new-drivers.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi Searched everywhere I can think of and now starting Windows. 0x000000c9 start error: Can`t Windows, BSOD I think this is the only solution To ask here I have starting to not coming into win at all it start to quot starting loading Windows quot then it goes into blue screen This are the two latest codes x c x b x ff c x d e x x c x b x fef c x d e x It has being one other but I manage to loose that one This started one week ago tried many different thing BSOD starting Windows, error: 0x000000c9 Can`t start Windows. I have disconnected everything at the machine Like USB wlan USB IR link USB drive and USB hub Tried to just use one of the RAM modules and changed to see if it was a failure on them but not as far I BSOD starting Windows, error: 0x000000c9 Can`t start Windows. can tell I have run d check disk at all the drives takes a long time But no errors I then activated the driver check tool inside windows son t remeber what it is called right now After this I could not get in to BSOD starting Windows, error: 0x000000c9 Can`t start Windows. windows at all start load then blue screen all the time The only thing I can come in to windows it with safe mode without network With network it restarts by itself Here is the file from the programa SF Diagnostic Tool Link And here are the latest memory dmp in root of windows folder Link Hope this is the info needed and hope someone please could help me Kindly Petter

A:BSOD starting Windows, error: 0x000000c9 Can`t start Windows.

"I then activated the driver check tool inside windows"
=>how did you do that if you're unable to get in windows?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/273164-bsod-starting-windows-error-0x000000c9-can-t-start-windows.html
Relevancy 57.62%

How do manufactures install the drivers before the Windows 7 Start up and before you create your account and everything? Because I fix computer for people and when I usually reinstall Windows for them, I have to set up the account to install the needed drivers for their computer. How could I install the before the account creation so that they can set up their own account by themselves?

A:Installing drivers before clean OEM Windows 7 Start Up?

Have a look at this tutorial especially from phase 2 on.

Windows 7 Installation - Prepare PC to be Sold

Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/302984-installing-drivers-before-clean-oem-windows-7-start-up.html
Relevancy 57.62%

So i have no idea what this is about, i have reinstalled for 3 times now and everytime i install the AMD Drivers my PC just boots to a background without explorer on the desktop and when i press CTRL ALT DEL i get a black screen. Very weird, never encountered something like this and i don't know what to do. Guess i can install updates and try installing/repairing .NET or something but does anyone have any idea what is going on here?

EDIT - Whoa okay, appareantly my videocard is not detected O.o, does that mean it's broken? Should I send it back?

A:AMD Drivers make windows not start up properly

Quote: Originally Posted by Aseliot

So i have no idea what this is about, i have reinstalled for 3 times now and everytime i install the AMD Drivers my PC just boots to a background without explorer on the desktop and when i press CTRL ALT DEL i get a black screen. Very weird, never encountered something like this and i don't know what to do. Guess i can install updates and try installing/repairing .NET or something but does anyone have any idea what is going on here?

EDIT - Whoa okay, appareantly my videocard is not detected O.o, does that mean it's broken? Should I send it back?

could be a number of things

check power to the cables

check if it is in the slot all the way

those are things that would do that also check if you have onboard graphics interfering with your card

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/294940-amd-drivers-make-windows-not-start-up-properly.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello Forum Today while watching a Youtube video in fullscreen my computer froze up completely so I hit reset After the quot Loading Windows quot Screen the one before start when drivers graphics won't Windows installed are the welcome screen my monitor went black and cycled through inputs as though no signal was found By booting in safe mode I was able to uninstall my graphics driver I even used Driver Sweeper to get rid of everything related and my computer was able to boot normally again Now whenever I try to install a graphics driver any driver even old ones and the one that came on the CD I get that black screen when re booting No new hardware Windows won't start when graphics drivers are installed was installed for months before this issue nor did I update my graphics drivers recently I ve been googling for about hours now and tried most everything Tomorrow I will try out an old graphics card but I really hope this one isn t broken already since it s not even a year since I bought it My Specs are Intel i GB RAM Nvidia GeForce GTX Windows Enterprise -Bit Your help will be very much appreciated Thanks in Advance Myst nbsp

A:Windows won't start when graphics drivers are installed

So you have a 90-day trial of Windows 7? Try re-installing Windows but get the drivers from here:
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-wont-start-when-graphics-drivers-are-installed.185259/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello - Please Help! My computer will not start. It is locked in Startup Repair mode and cannot proceed. Facts so far:
1. Boots in Startup Repair if F8 is pressed and Driver Signing Disabled
2. Ran MalwareBytes which identified 5 suspect issues which were deleted
3. Still will not boot in Safe Mode or Any Other Mode but with Driver Signing Disabled
4. I ran Farbars recovery scan and have a log if that helps

It seems I may have the same/ similar issue to this previously discussed thread: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic405133.html

Please help, I am not sure what to do. Thank you!

A:Windows 7 x64 - Startup Repair - Will not start - Drivers

Hi,

Welcome here, I will be assisting you with the issue.

Please post the FRST log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/405616/windows-7-x64-startup-repair-will-not-start-drivers/
Relevancy 56.76%

We have a computer that went BSOD this morning on startup Windows PRO bit From what we can tell nothing has changed since last Tuesday Wednesday It was shut down every night and restarted everyday for the last days This morning it starts up through normal boot process shows 8.1 after start Windows and music Windows PRO BSOD up Icon Windows icon we hear the start up tune and then it goes black and then BSOD I made a recovery USB stick with another computer running Windows PRO bit The problem computer then boots up BSOD after Windows Icon and Windows start up music 8.1 PRO the USB and we run the repair options and nothing worked We went through the command prompt bootrec BSOD after Windows Icon and Windows start up music 8.1 PRO fixmbr and associated steps No go We are getting stuck at what to do and are looking at reinstalling We have a Windows license so Windows upgrade is not refreshable or reinstallable at this point When I went to reinstall Windows of course Windows is locked Does anyone have some ideas on how to proceed We are getting near wits end trying to mess with this computer Thanks

A:BSOD after Windows Icon and Windows start up music 8.1 PRO

I suggest bootable hardware diagnostics: Initial Hardware Diagnostics
This will give an idea if there are hardware problems

Then, if Startup Repair can't fix anything, then try a Refresh
If that doesn't work, then try a Reset.
A Reset will wipe all data off the system - so make arrangements to backup anything (by slaving the HDD to another system) before trying the Reset

The system will Reset to Win8; then you'll have to go through the update process to get Win8.1 again.
Good luck!

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/42431-bsod-after-windows-icon-windows-start-up-music-8-1-pro.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi all,

I got a BSOD during a windows update (I think it was something related to .net 4).
Since then when I start windows it gets to the loading bar with windows logo over it but then I get a black screen, same thing for safe mode. I have tried to repair with a win 7 installation disk but it fails, I tried to do a systeme restore after that but it failed too.

I have access to an old working partition (which I cloned onto my SSD a couple month ago)

What are my other option ?

A:Windows fail to start after windows update / BSOD

A clean install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/219455-windows-fail-start-after-windows-update-bsod.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Good afternoon I've tried to do a decent amount of searching in regards USB re-installed after each launch start up/windows need sometimes fails drivers to my issues but haven't been able to find anything conclusive which is to be expected I suppose Starting a couple of days ago I had an issue where after each start up I would have to reinstall my USB drivers Now the keyboard works fine in the bios screen and when I choose whether USB drivers need re-installed after each start up/windows sometimes fails launch to launch windows normally or launch windows auto repair but on the windows log in screen I have to enable the on screen keyboard mouse still works in order to log in Then when in I find the USB drivers reinstall them and the keyboard is good to go At first this is all the problem was However today there were several occasions where windows would show the splash art the starting windows splash USB drivers need re-installed after each start up/windows sometimes fails launch art but wouldn't actually launch windows After restarting the computer it would launch the windows encountered a problem would you like to restore but during the troubleshooter it would always say they couldn't find a fix Also every time that I fix the USB drivers the update icon next to the shut down button on the home key dictates that updates will be installed upon shut down I know that I could format and do a fresh install but I'd rather not I have no idea where my windows disc is at Just trying to shoot out some feelers and see if anyone's encountered anything like this before Thanks for taking the time to read this and have a great week

A:USB drivers need re-installed after each start up/windows sometimes fails launch

To Bleeping computer

Please post the computer/brand or motherboard model next time. Were there any issues or changes related going to the problem at hand?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/498252/usb-drivers-need-re-installed-after-each-start-upwindows-sometimes-fails-launch/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have only one problem with my laptop and that is at the start-up I open up my laptop and what I see is that there are several drivers that Windows is searching for but cannot find So as a pretty advanced user I simply downloaded the required drivers and installed them But when I re-started my computer the quot Searching for Drivers quot pop up came up again So I took the software approach I downloaded Driver Genius and then Driver Robot to install drivers that are supposedly missing They installed the drivers but when I re-started the computer the deplorable screen cam up again I realised then that the Critical found present not Drivers are really Windows but on Start-up, drivers Critical Drivers not found on Windows Start-up, but are really present are actually installed but Windows cannot seem to be able to find them at all Kindly help me with this as there seems to be some serious driver problems Kind Regards RawVix Newbie UPDATE The Driver that the System cannot find is Intel Series Chipset - SMBus SB I hate tried re-installing the Chipset but it does not install for some reason Any help

A:Critical Drivers not found on Windows Start-up, but are really present

Quote: Originally Posted by RawVix

I have only one problem with my laptop and that is at the start-up. I open up my laptop, and what I see is that there are several drivers that Windows is searching for, but cannot find.

So, as a pretty advanced user, I simply downloaded the required drivers and installed them.

But when I re-started my computer, the "Searching for Drivers" pop up came up again.

So, I took the software approach. I downloaded Driver Genius, and then Driver Robot to install drivers that are supposedly missing. They installed the drivers, but when I re-started the computer, the deplorable screen cam up again.

I realised then, that the drivers are actually installed, but Windows cannot seem to be able to find them at all....

Kindly help me with this, as there seems to be some serious driver problems.

Kind Regards,
RawVix

UPDATE:

The Driver that the System cannot find is Intel 5 Series Chipset 3400 - SMBus SB30.

I hate tried re-installing the Chipset, but it does not install for some reason...

Any help?

Hi RawVix, if there are no win 7 drivers available for the chipset try downloading the vista drivers and install them in compatibility mode Compatibility Mode

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/188013-critical-drivers-not-found-windows-start-up-but-really-present.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi, I was running my pc for months fine with everything working fine, I am playing mafia 2 but everything is in black and white and kinda of blurry, so I go to the nvidia website and download the lastest drivers for my video card, after I intall them, I reboot and windows freeze at the windows logo screen, is obvious the drivers, but anybody could tell me if I can do something to solve this and make the computer run with the new drivers???

System:

Dell Optiplex 745
Intel core 2 duo 1.86GHz
2 Gb Ram
XFX 8500GT 512MB
Windows 7 Ultimate 64x

older nvidia drivers 257.21 (working fine) - new nvidia drivers 258.96 (freeze at start)

p.d. (I know is a crapy system to be running Mafia 2 on)

THANKS!

A:Windows freeze at start after installation of new nvidia drivers

Welcome to Seven Forums. Obviously the new driver isn't playing nice with your card.
If you can boot into safe mode I would suggest to, and then remove the new driver>reboot and re-install the older driver.

You might even want to try different drivers and possibly find one that works best with your card. heres an older one you might want to try http://downloads.guru3d.com/Forcewar...load-2525.html

It has been suggested to use a program like Driver Sweeper after you un-install the old driver to remove any remnants of the driver you have just un-installed before installing a new one.
http://downloads.guru3d.com/Guru3D--...up)_d1655.html

Sometimes they make changes in the new drivers that don't seem to work well with certain video cards. Especialy older ones or medium cards. Their focus is more on the newer GTX series cards, and sometimes can creste unforscene problems with other series cards
I would have to compare the release notes on the new driver to even try and guess at what might be causing the issue. You just never know.
It's kinds like back to the old saying if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I realize you were probably hoping for some increase in performance with the new driver only to find out for some reason it's causing you problems.
Sorry but that's about all I can think of.

I would also like to add that whenever I download a new driver or app I like to create a restore point.
That way once I have removed the driver/app I can easily restore my system to it's previous state.
Maybe someone else might have a better explanation for you, so we'll see.Fabe

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/110851-windows-freeze-start-after-installation-new-nvidia-drivers.html
Relevancy 56.33%

This started about a month ago when a system restore completely mucked up my computer. I've managed to fix most of the problems (NoelDP is a wizard) but I can't get past the start up screen with the Nvidia drivers enabled. I think I managed to get past it once after a clean install but then I kept getting BSODs. It could be an outdated BIOS (when I click on @BIOS in the GIGABYTE folder in 'All Programs' I get a BSOD) but I really want to know if there are more options before I start mucking around with BIOS flashing.

The graphics card I have is a GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 660 and I've done clean installs of at least 3 different Nvidia driver versions.

A:Windows won't get past Start Up screen with Nvidia drivers enabled.

Nakitu mate this is the right driver for the card - not the top one as it is beta and I would if I were you dump the AVG and pick a different security.

Drivers | GeForce

Best Free Antivirus Software - I would personally not pick AVG or MSE from this list

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/313640-windows-wont-get-past-start-up-screen-nvidia-drivers-enabled.html
Relevancy 55.47%

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi i tried microsofts suggestion of renaming it to ntfs old then recopying it from the quot disk quot to c windows system drivers recovery console came installed on my computer so i Start File "windows Could Following Please... System32\drivers\ntfs.sys" The Corrupt: Not Missing Is Or Because did quot copy d i ntfs sys c windows system drivers quot it copied it back into it so when i checked quot dir c windows system drivers quot both quot ntfs old quot and quot ntfs sys quot were there i typed exit and my pc rebooted and i had the same ERROR my pc is a compaq "windows Could Not Start Because The Following File Is Missing Or Corrupt: System32\drivers\ntfs.sys" Please... presario s nx before having this error i had the same error except instead of SYSTEM DRIVERS NTFS SYS it was SYSTEM DRIVERS ISAPNP SYS i fixed that error the same way and it worked so i am confused as soon as i fixed the ISAPNP SYS i rebooted and the "windows Could Not Start Because The Following File Is Missing Or Corrupt: System32\drivers\ntfs.sys" Please... new error came up I have been locked out of my pc since Friday PLEASE HELP cannot enter windows even in safe mode or last known good sorry for the length of post P S ran chkdsk r already THanks in advance

A:"windows Could Not Start Because The Following File Is Missing Or Corrupt: System32\drivers\ntfs.sys" Please...

Hi, duncod2, welcome to BC!Try performing a Repair Install of Windows XP. This will reinstall Windows without erasing any of your data. You will, however, need to reinstall most programs.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/91000/windows-could-not-start-because-the-following-file-is-missing-or-corrupt-system32driversntfssys-please-help/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello!I recently bought a Dell Inspiron 15r Special Edition with Windows 8 as it's default operating system. Since I don't like it that much, I plan to format the hard drive (by going into computer-> Right click on C: -> Format) and then to do a clean install of Windows 7 Home Premium on it.After the clean installation procedure, I was wondering if I could simply insert the Dell Drivers and Utilities disc into the optical drive and intall the drivers like I would normally do.Therefore, the real question would be: Will the Windows 8 drivers provided by Dell be compatible with Windows 7?Thank you very much everyone.FatLord

A:Planning to downgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 7. Will the drivers provided on my Dell "Drivers and Utilities" be comp...

I did find this one "Inspiron 15R SE 7520" If that is your model then the Dell website has Windows 7 64bit drivers and Windows 8 64 bit drivers available for download.

I would use the Windows 7 Drivers for windows 7, Just download them ahead of time and burn them to a CD or store on a flash drive so you will have them handy to use.

I would also have my Antivirus ready to install before I went on the Internet.

3rd point. Windows will prevent you from formatting the drive it is installed on. So you have to do it during the install process.

Good Luck
Roger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/479812/planning-to-downgrade-from-windows-8-to-windows-7-will-the-drivers-provided-on-my-dell-drivers-and-utilities-be-compatible/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi everyone I have recently encountered blue screens while playing World of Warcraft for an hour or so I believe it is a compatibility issue with my Razer drivers for my Lycosa keyboard and Naga mouse I have also requested help Razer 7 Drivers Windows BSOD and from Razer but from reading the forum I believe you guys might be able to help me out I am not too knowledgable on the driver verifier software but I had been using it with default settings and sellecting all drivers This had resulted in blue screens right after the Windows load screen only after the Lycosa or Naga drivers had been installed It did not occur after any other driver isntallation I have also used the verifier settings suggested here and this results Razer Drivers and Windows 7 BSOD in a blue screen after log in after installing the Lycosa driver minidump attached but the Naga driver apparantly only causes verifier to blue screen with standard settings and all drivers selected minidump attached Is the dump for the Naga Razer Drivers and Windows 7 BSOD using these settings even useful What does it mean I believe I have all the latest drivers installed as well as having Windows fully updated Any help would be much appreciated My main computer specs are as Razer Drivers and Windows 7 BSOD follows Motherboard - Asus P P D-E Pro CPU - Intel i RAM - Kingston T DDR - C Graphics - Gigabyte GTX GB Sound - Asus Xonar Essence STX

A:Razer Drivers and Windows 7 BSOD

Hi -

Please --> http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/razer-drivers-and-windows-7-bsod-517175.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello everyone it is my first time posting here and I am having an issue. I recently installed two 7950s in my computer and did a clean install of Windows Vista 32 bit but when it came to installing the video drivers I would receive constant BSODs and thought it would be because of vista. A friend of mine lent me his windows 7 install to see if that was the problem and I'm getting the same results. The result is I do a fresh install, install all the motherboard drivers, run all windows updates including system pack 1 then install catalyst drivers either through the CD that came with the video cards or through the AMD website. I get the same results from both installs, BSOD at the Welcome screen.My motherboard is an ASRock 970 Extreme 3 and I'm running two Sapphire Vapor-X 7950's in crossfire, 1000 watt power supply, AMD Phenom II x4 925 CPU and 4 GB of RAM

A:BSOD Windows 7 64 bit when installing AMD Drivers

Hello,

What version of the driver did you install?

Try removing one of the graphics card and see if you still get the same issue.

How are the temps? Install HWMonitor and post a screenshot of the program at idle and under load.

The dump files that is in the report is 0x116 Video TDR Failure. This can usually be caused by faulty drivers, Overheating, or faulty hardware

Code:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.18113.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02e68000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`030ab670
Debug session time: Sat Apr 13 13:34:30.666 2013 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:08.414
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 116, {fffffa800729e4e0, fffff88002d40410, 0, 2}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+9410 )

---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa800729e4e0, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff88002d40410, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000002, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------

FAULTING_IP:
atikmpag+9410
fffff880`02d40410 4055 push rbp

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`027079c8 fffff880`0409e000 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`0729e4e0 fffff880`02d40410 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`027079d0 fffff880`0409dd0a : fffff880`02d40410 fffffa80`0729e4e0 fffffa80`0400d910 fffffa80`06b7b010 : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`02707a10 fffff880`04144f07 : fffffa80`0729e4e0 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0400d910 fffffa80`06b7b010 : dxgkrnl!TdrIsRecoveryRequired+0x1a2
fffff880`02707a40 fffff880`0416eb75 : 00000000`ffffffff 00000000`00000e02 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 : dxgmms1!VidSchiReportHwHang+0x40b
fffff880`02707b20 fffff880`0416d2bb : 00000000`00000102 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000e02 00000000`00000000 : dxgmms1!VidSchiCheckHwProgress+0x71
fffff880`02707b50 fffff880`041402c6 : ffffffff`ff676980 fffffa80`06b7b010 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWaitForSchedulerEvents+0x1fb
fffff880`02707bf0 fffff880`0416ce7a : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0400d910 00000000`00000080 fffffa... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-windows-7-64-bit-when-installing-amd-drivers-692684.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I've been getting alot of random restarts even after changing motherboard and PSU. I think it might be a driver or software issue but I don't know what exactly.Attachment 53622

MSI Z97 G55 SLI
16GB Corsair 1600mhz ram
Mushkin Chronos 120GB(Boot)
4 - 320GB Western Digital HDD's
SB ZR sound card
MSI 290X Lightning

A:BSOD after reinstalling windows 8.1 and MB drivers.

Only 67 Windows Updates installed. Most systems have 80 to 100 or more (I've seen as high as 132). Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available updates (it may take several trips to get them all).

Don't worry about the specific number, it's just important that you have checked and installed any updates that were available (and didn't experience any errors).

You have 5 hard drives. What is the make/model/wattage and age of your Power Supply?

Out of 8 memory dumps there were 7 different BSOD error codes. The differing error codes are usually symptomatic of a lower level problem within the system. They are usually caused by one of these things:
- borked (broken) hardware (several different procedures used to isolate the problem device)
- BIOS issues (check for updates at the motherboard manufacturer's website)
- overclocking/overheating - You'll know if you're overclocking or not. If uncertain we can suggest things to check.
- dirt/dust/hair/fur/crud inside the case. Blow out the case/vents with canned air (DO NOT use an air compressor or vacuum as they can cause damage to the system)
- missing Windows Updates
- compatibility issues (3rd party hardware/drivers), older systems, or even pirated systems
- low-level driver problems
- or even malware (scanned for when we ask for hardware diagnostics from Initial Hardware Diagnostics or Hardware Diagnostics ).

You can get a head start on the hardware diagnostics if you'd like - they are located here: Hardware Diagnostics

Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable! :

LGBusEnum.sys Mon Nov 23 20:36:48 2009 (4B0B38B0)
Logitech Keyboard
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=LGBusEnum.sys

LGVirHid.sys Mon Nov 23 20:36:48 2009 (4B0B38B0)
Logitech Gamepanel Virtual HID Device Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=LGVirHid.sys

Please note the drivers below that date from before the release of Windows 8.1 (17 Oct 2013) - check to see that each and every one is compatible w/Windows 8.1 (at the manufacturer's website). If not, you must either remove the device and it's software - or locate a Windows 8.1 compatible update on the web. Removing some drivers may make the system unstable - so if you're unable to find updates, post back for info on the one's that can/cannot be safely removed.

The drivers that are struckout don't have updates available (AFAIK).
DO NOT delete them, just leave them be.

If all of this (including the hardware diagnostics) doesn't stop the BSOD's, please run Driver Verifier according to these instructions: Driver Verifier Settings

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

Code:
**************************Mon Nov 10 16:06:31.160 2014 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\111014-11421-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9600.17238.amd64fre.winblue_gdr.140723-2018
System Uptime:0 days 0:14:54.854
Probably caused by :ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!NtWaitForWorkViaWorkerFactory+948 )
BugCheck A, {40000000008, 2, 1, fffff803292ae9f8}
BugCheck Info: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000040000000008, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000001, bitfield :
bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status)
Arg4: fffff803292ae9f8, address which referenced memory
BUGCHECK_STR: AV
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: AV_nt!NtWaitForWorkViaWorkerFactory
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz"
MaxSpeed: 3500
CurrentSpeed: 3500
BIOS Version ... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/56833-bsod-after-reinstalling-windows-8-1-mb-drivers.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I recently reinstalled windows to my laptop 116) BSOD after windows (error drivers reinstalling 7 Dell N after realizing that windows was not compatible with my machine Now BSOD (error 116) after reinstalling windows 7 drivers I'm having problems reinstalling my drivers for my graphics card The laptop has graphics cards Every time after I installed the BSOD (error 116) after reinstalling windows 7 drivers driver for AMD HD m it reboots into the quot windows is starting quot screen and goes into the BSOD with the error code and cause by the atikmpag sys driver I really need BSOD (error 116) after reinstalling windows 7 drivers help as I have been at this for a few days trying to fix it Methods I have tried - manually installing the driver through Device manager - full clean with Display Driver Uninstaller and reinstalling -direct download from the AMD website on their latest installer -download drivers from Dell Drivers page I have also tried this solution thinking it would help but still no luck I'm not sure if I did it correctly Fix atikmpag sys atikmdag sys blue screen errors BSOD I'm at a stump Please advice me

A:BSOD (error 116) after reinstalling windows 7 drivers

Still need help on this

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/377792-bsod-error-116-after-reinstalling-windows-7-drivers.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi guys I encountered BSOD for the first time Very annoying Right now I have to run this on Safe Mode in order to access the internet I also noticed I can't use BSOD, reboots Windows, then to gets BSOD trying then start to desktop Firefox right now and instead am using iE I couldn't run the the performance scan report either time out but I did attach the dump file rar But here's what I have any direction is appreciated When I get a BSOD trying to start Windows, gets to desktop then BSOD, then reboots chance I'll at least back up my files to my external HD while in Safe Mode which seems stable enough so far Sony Vaio VGN-NW J Windows Home Premium v -bit I think I had to install it but it came with my purchase Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz GHz Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode e BSOD trying to start Windows, gets to desktop then BSOD, then reboots BCP FFFFFFFFC BCP FFFFF B BCP BCP FFFFFA OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Chetan AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt

A:BSOD trying to start Windows, gets to desktop then BSOD, then reboots

Since these just started, have you tried System Restore ?
Use Advanced Boot Options to select Repair Your Computer.

Using the System Recovery Options, select System Restore.

Run through the steps in OPTION TWO of System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/224490-bsod-trying-start-windows-gets-desktop-then-bsod-then-reboots.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi I installed P Nvidia Driver from the Dell webpage two days ago and it was fine and everything was good after the restart from the installation After finishing up my session i noticed that there BSOD installing Updates. Windows Nvidia Drivers + after is a window update so i shut down and left the computer to do the updating on it's own Today I switched on my computer to look BSOD after installing Nvidia Drivers + Windows Updates. at my timetable for today and after that put it to sleep mode After quot waking quot it up I was met with a BSOD after like minutes of use I then decided to system restore to before i did the updates It still BSOD albeit it took a longer time before that happened Right now im using Safe mode Networking to type this message out The computer does not seem to BSOD in safe mode so far I did the steps listed but i could not get the perfmon step working quot An error occured while attempting to generate the report quot Specs Windows bit OEM About months old both hardware and the OS Update I triggered a BSOD in normal mode so as to provide you guys with the Error Codes KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR STOP x A x xFFFFFFFFC D xFFFFFA E x Physical Memory Dump FAILED with status xC C I would appreciate the help given THANKS

A:BSOD after installing Nvidia Drivers + Windows Updates.

> Your difficulties were caused by the driver for Bigfoot Networks Bandwidth Control.
Uninstall if not needed.

> I also note you have McAfee.
McAfee is a frequent cause of BSOD's.
Please remove and replace it with Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST!

http://download.mcafee.com/products/...tches/MCPR.exe

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/211640-bsod-after-installing-nvidia-drivers-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello!

I installed multiple windows 7 ultimate X64 but the BSOD is still remaining ... After I install a windows 7 ultimate x64 and the drivers BSOD randomly retunrs ... after 10 min, after 25, but continuosly ...

I attached the diagnostic tools report...
Thans for helping in advance

PS. I checked with multiple tools memmory, and drive, and others, but is oke.
my new laptop details: Lenovo B590 (20206)
Intel Pentium B980 2.4 Ghz

A:Random BSOD after installing windows 7 ultimate x64 and drivers...

Use these Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions again, your dump file and some other files seem to either blank or corrupted.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/286737-random-bsod-after-installing-windows-7-ultimate-x64-drivers.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi,I have upgraded my probook 4720s from windows 7 to windows 10.At first the upgrade did not work, BSOD and an automatic rollback.After updating some drivers the upgrade to win 10 completed only the BSOD comes now in windows 10I can start win 10 in safemode and than it stays up and running.So it seems to be a driver problem.Used driveragent for checking the drivers.5 drivers are "old" ATI High Definition Audio DeviceMicrosoft Basic Display-adapterIntel(R) 5 Series 6 Port SATA AHCI ControllerBroadcom 4313 (802.11b/g/n)Batterij die voldoet aan Microsoft ACPI-besturingsmethode (Battery) I have tried to find and install new drivers only broadcom driver install fails and other I can nog find. Any body sugestions?  Thanks, Boudewijn

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/hp-probook-4720s-windows-10-BSOD-can-not-find-drivers/td-p/5703578
Relevancy 53.75%

I am having continuous issues with a BSOD. Here is a little basic info:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit (one week old install)
version of windows is a OEM upgrade (installed fresh from formatted hard drive)
Computer is about 2.5 years old.
Hard drive is 3 months old
RAM is one month old.

I am attempting to update windows via Windows Update. I have also tried to update drivers using Raxco software's Perfect Updater. I can't seem to keep the computer running long enough to get anything updated. Attached is the requested files. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

A:BSOD while trying to update drivers and windows on fresh install

Test your RAM using Memtest86+. Let it run until 6-8 passes have completed or errors have been found.
RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Run an sfc/scannow command in an elevated command prompt at boot. If errors are found, run it twice more with each scan followed by a reboot.
SFC /SCANNOW : Run in Command Prompt at Boot

Run a chkdsk on the system partition to check for bad sectors or system errors.
Disk Check

This may be some sort of hardware issue hence the Memtest & chkdsk.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/223772-bsod-while-trying-update-drivers-windows-fresh-install.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Here are my specs CPU Intel reg Core i - K GHz MB Intel Smart Cache LGA Skylake MEMORY GB GBx DDR MHz Dual Channel Memory ADATA XPG Z MOTHERBOARD GIGABYTE G Sniper Z SLI ATX w USB PCIe x PCIe x SATA Express SATA Ultra M OS Windows Home -bit Edition Graphics Card Installing Drivers BSOD 10 Windows POWERSUPPLY Watts - EVGA SuperNOVA G PLUS Gold Power Supply VIDEO AMD Radeon R X GB GDDR PCIe x Video Card I recently bought a PC from Windows 10 Installing Graphics Card Drivers BSOD CyberPower PC and everything seems fine except for the graphics card When I first Windows 10 Installing Graphics Card Drivers BSOD connected it there were green bars and horizontal lines on the screen so I checked to see if it was seated properly but then after reconnecting it I would just Windows 10 Installing Graphics Card Drivers BSOD get black screen No Signal Tried a clean install of drivers by booting into safe mode and using DDU by Guru D to remove the AMD graphics drivers then rebooting and installing the drivers from the AMD website It gets past the installer download Catalyst and Crimson tried both but as soon as it hits installing Display Driver it always hangs for a sec then BSOD same thing when trying to install the windows update for r devices Just incase I also ran memtest and got no errors Is it possibly just a faulty graphics card Here's what I got from the dump file analysis Spoiler Microsoft reg Windows Debugger Version X Copyright copy Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Windows Minidump - - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol Path validation summary Response Time ms Location Deferred SRV c symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Symbol search path is SRV c symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows Kernel Version MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal Built by amd fre th release - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff dd PsLoadedModuleList xfffff dd c Debug session time Wed Dec UTC - System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag sys Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck E ffffffffc fffff c d c ffffd eefe ffffd ee Probably caused by atikmdag sys atikmdag d c Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED M e This is a very common bugcheck Usually the exception address pinpoints the driver function that caused the problem Always note this address as well as the link date of the driver image that contains this address Some common problems are exception code x This means a hard coded breakpoint or assertion was hit but this system was booted NODEBUG This is not supposed to happen as developers should never have hardcoded breakpoints in retail code but If this happens make sure a debugger gets connected and the system is booted DEBUG This will let us see why this breakpoint is happening Arguments Arg ffffffffc The exception code that was not handled Arg fffff c d c The address that the exception occurred at Arg ffffd eefe Exception Record Address Arg ffffd ee Context Record Address Debugging Details ------------------ DUMP CLASS DUMP QUALIFIER BUILD VERSION STRING amd fre th release - SYSTEM MANUFACTURER Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd SYSTEM PRODUCT NAME G Sniper Z SYSTEM SKU To be filled by O E M SYSTEM VERSION To be filled by O E M BIOS VENDOR American Megatrends Inc BIOS VERSION F BIOS DATE BASEBOARD MANUFACTURER Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd BASEBOARD PRODUCT G Sniper Z -CF BASEBOARD VERSION x x DUMP TYPE BUGCHECK P ffffffffc BUGCHECK P fffff c d c BUGCHECK P ffffd eefe BUGCHECK P ffffd ee EXCEPTION CODE NTSTATUS xc - The instruction at x p referenced memory at x p The memory could not be s FAULTING IP atikmdag d c fffff c d c b mov ra... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/600244/windows-10-installing-graphics-card-drivers-bsod/
Relevancy 53.75%

i don't know where all these BSOD's are coming from.
i haven't changed hardware & i haven't installed any software with drivers since these started.
i checked the windows update list & didn't readily see an update suggesting new drivers were installed.
i've tried to look into the situation myself using a program called 'whocrashed' but i didn't get far.

A:multiple BSOD's without installing new drivers; windows update?

Hello,
please test your RAM: MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/68434-multiple-bsods-without-installing-new-drivers-windows-update.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Important Info Graphics Card Geforce GX Ram Gigabytes HDD Gigabyte SATA drive Processor AMD Athlon FX- Dual Core Ghz I have a Shuttle PC and am running the latest BIOS not Drivers Nvidia BSOD installing Windows Card when sure the version number but I just flashed it several days ago when still on XP Okay here goes I just installed a clean copy of Windows x Pro over Windows XP It was a major pain I kept getting a blue screen error when setup was 'Completing' It was a STOP error for file nvlddmkm sys which after some research I believe it to be a Nvidia file I could not get Win to install Finally after HOURS of research I finally got it to work by deleting the nvlddmkm sys files during the 'Expanding Windows Files' step This was done via Command Prompt Shift F I believe I found the steps for Windows BSOD when installing Nvidia Card Drivers this process here Continuing I'm finally booted into Windows and I'm assuming that I am running the basic Windows VGA Drivers I ran Windows BSOD when installing Nvidia Card Drivers Windows Update and attempted to install the drivers for my GX reboot 'Windows is Starting' BSOD Boot into Safe Mode uninstall drivers install drivers from Nvidia reboot BSOD It seems that no matter what set of drivers I install after I reboot the computer will say 'Starting Windows' and then will get the BSOD The code is and the associated file is nvlddmkm sys I know that during the install process that I deleted the nvlddmkm sys file from two locations I believe one was in the system folder can't remember the other location Currently this file is not located in the drivers folder C Windows System Drivers Can you guys please help me in getting my graphics card drivers installed No matter what I do I get a BSOD after a reboot and BEFORE Windows loads I have tried several versions of the driver but to no avail I believe I might need to copy the nvlddmkm sys file to somewhere I do have a nvlddmkm sy file that is packaged with all the drivers but I believe it needs to be expanded Thanks for the help guys

A:Windows BSOD when installing Nvidia Card Drivers

Quote: Originally Posted by rhannahs19

Important Info:
Graphics Card: Geforce 7950 GX2
Ram: 2 Gigabytes
HDD: 400 Gigabyte SATA drive
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 FX-62 (Dual Core, 2.8 Ghz)

I have a Shuttle PC, and am running the latest BIOS, not sure the version number, but I just flashed it several days ago when still on XP.

Okay, here goes. I just installed a clean copy of Windows 7 x64 Pro over Windows XP. It was a major pain, I kept getting a blue screen error when setup was 'Completing'. It was a STOP error for file nvlddmkm.sys, which after some research, I believe it to be a Nvidia file. I could not get Win7 to install.

Finally, after HOURS of research, I finally got it to work by deleting the nvlddmkm.sys files during the 'Expanding Windows Files' step. This was done via Command Prompt (Shift F10). I believe I found the steps for this process here.

Continuing, I'm finally booted into Windows, and I'm assuming that I am running the basic Windows VGA Drivers. I ran Windows Update and attempted to install the drivers for my 7950 GX2, reboot, 'Windows is Starting', BSOD. Boot into Safe Mode, uninstall drivers, install drivers from Nvidia, reboot, BSOD.

It seems that no matter what set of drivers I install, after I reboot, the computer will say 'Starting Windows' and then will get the BSOD. The code is 116, and the associated file is nvlddmkm.sys.

I know that during the install process that I deleted the nvlddmkm.sys file from two locations. I believe one was in the system32 folder, can't remember the other location. Currently, this file is not located in the drivers folder (C:\Windows\System32\Drivers).

Can you guys please help me in getting my graphics card drivers installed? No matter what I do, I get a BSOD after a reboot and BEFORE Windows loads. I have tried several versions of the driver but to no avail. I believe I might need to copy the nvlddmkm.sys file to somewhere. I do have a nvlddmkm.sy_ file that is packaged with all the drivers, but I believe it needs to be expanded?

Thanks for the help guys!

You may have to do either a repair install or fi you have a backup you can restore that might work

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/71208-windows-bsod-when-installing-nvidia-card-drivers.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Title says it all really, after I reinstalled windows 7 ultimate, and installed all the drivers, i got the BSOD a few minutes after i finished the audio drivers. Log file is attached (ignore the computer name...), any help would be super appreciated.

Thanks!

A:BSOD 0x0000001e after reinstalling windows and installing drivers

The zip you uploaded does not contain any crash dump.

Follow it: Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD
Go to Option Two, Point 2. Download the .reg file and merge it in registry by double clicking it.

Now wait for another BSOD. When it occurred, search the .dmp files manually in the default path: C:\Windows\Minidump or %SystemRoot%\Minidump. See if the crash dump is recorded or not (hopefully it will be recorded).Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

Dont run any disc cleanup tool before you upload another zip.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/371296-bsod-0x0000001e-after-reinstalling-windows-installing-drivers.html
Relevancy 53.75%

i cant play games which require 1gb graphic card,when i bought my laptop they said there is 2gb graphic card in this laptop c and c++ programs are not working

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/I-installed-graphic-drivers-and-lan-drivers-to-my-laptop/td-p/5675471
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I have a compaq presario cq60 laptop running windows vista home premium and I had a blue screen appear. When I turned my computer back on it goes the the black screen where you can either pick repair (recommended) or start windows normally, it doesn't do anything when I choose start it normally and when I go to repair it goes to system recovery options, it doesn't show any operating system and it says if you do not see your operating system listed, click load drivers to load drivers for your hard disks. I'm not sure what to do from there...

A:bsod and now will not start, drivers missing

Welcome
Possibly a hard drive problem. Can you test your hard drive?

Test Hard Drive HD Diagnostic or this test Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/290551-bsod-now-will-not-start-drivers-missing.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi was wondering if anyone could help me with this issue I currently have a Crucial drivers causing windows with marvell to sata6gb bsod problems C gb ssd being used as a ssd and have installed win under AHCI mode on it while connected to my intel sata gb controllers as connecting it to the marvell one would not let it complete installing windows Now that I have windows stable on the ssd I want to make full use of its sata gb speed on my marvell controller problems with marvell sata6gb drivers causing windows to bsod but it seems that whenever i plug the ssd to it windows boots up and is stable for mins before it bsods or sometimes doesnt even problems with marvell sata6gb drivers causing windows to bsod load into windows and hangs at the startup screen I have loaded the latest -WHQL drivers for the controller and still no dice My motherboard is a MSI x a-gd and i'm running windows pro bit All sata controllers are on AHCI mode and have been before i installed win Marvell's bios can detect my ssd everytime its connected to it but the main issue problems with marvell sata6gb drivers causing windows to bsod is that Win when booting up on the Marvell controller constantly hangs or BSODs after a few minutes in I'm really at a loss here and am wondering if it could be a faulty controller or driver I have tried both Marvell gb ports and both produce simillar results Should I be concerned that the marvell driver is located in program files x instead of the normal program files directory Also I have read some suggestions to reinstall windows while connected to the marvell port but I am unable to get windows to recognise my marvell drivers in the usb slot if i click browse for drivers at a fresh install Any help would REALLY REALLY be appreciated

A:problems with marvell sata6gb drivers causing windows to bsod

How's about slip-streaming the 6GB drivers, to include the MoBo drivers, into a build? Only thing I have right now. Good luck with it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/104186-problems-marvell-sata6gb-drivers-causing-windows-bsod.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a Dell Inspiron SE 7520 with Intel HD 4000 and HD 7730M. So I tried every possible solution to this and nothing. I uninstalled the drivers (both). Tried to use the latest drivers for both and nothing. Tried every other possible fix (Scandisk, sfc/scannow, etc) and I can't make both drivers work at the same time. Only thing I can do is make Intel 4000 work alone, but not the 7730. If I let 4000 work alone I can use my notebook, otherwise is endless reboot.

Problem happened when I was playing Fallout 4, I received a message of "Driver crashed and recovery", but then I got BSOD with endless reboot. All messages on the blue screen are about drivers. (I get diferrent messages). I reinstalled Windows 10 but it didnt fixed it. I tried Windows 7 and nothing. It seems that there isn't a fix for this, what should I do?

A:Unable to install HD 7730M drivers on Windows 10. Gets BSOD everytime.

Have you tried installing the drivers published by DELL for your PC? I would also view device by connection in Device Manager and update the drivers for all hardware items in the hierarchy above the GPUs using Update Driver in Device Manager.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/33668-unable-install-hd-7730m-drivers-windows-10-gets-bsod-everytime.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I hope someone can help me I'm not overly techy so I've give you as much info as I can Trying to do a clean install of Windows Ultimate on brand new pc with this spec Intel Core Quad Q Motherboard Asus 7 Idiot BSOD/nvidia installing Ultimate Windows drivers P P TD Intel P chipset x DDR PCI-E Idiot installing Windows 7 Ultimate BSOD/nvidia drivers Memory GB DDR mhz x GB Hard Idiot installing Windows 7 Ultimate BSOD/nvidia drivers Drives GB S-ATAII Gb s Optical Drive x DVD RW DL S-ATA Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT GB Sound card Onboard Audio PSU W Monitor Viewsonic VX wm lcd display Initially I got quite a way through the installation then it came up with an error saying the computer closed Idiot installing Windows 7 Ultimate BSOD/nvidia drivers unexpectedly and had to restart to continue installation I had got my monitor connected to the nvidia gt via divX Said Ok pc shut down then restarted with exactly the same message Read up on the Net and said that it could be the nvidia card so got to device manager and removed drivers so it had to use standard vga drivers and switched to the vga connection on the graphics card I dont' have onboard graphics on my motherboard Well now it doesn't have the old problem it has a new one I am booting straight from the dvd drive and it lets me get to the Windows install page I select custom install and it gets to anything between and of expanding the files second stage on list and then it blue screens with various errors the last one being this STOP x E xc x x B x fltmgr sys address base at Datestamp a bbf Have tried ringing the tech support from where I got the pc but they say they don't support windows yet CD that has come with the pc for the motherboard says that it is windows ready but that probably doesn't mean anything Any help would be very much appreciated as it is driving me insane Like I said I'm not a techy so treat me gently please Thanks very much

A:Idiot installing Windows 7 Ultimate BSOD/nvidia drivers

Hi powerjen ... welcome to the forums... Navigate to c:/windows/minidump and zip up the .dmp files and upload them for analysis...

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/29931-idiot-installing-windows-7-ultimate-bsod-nvidia-drivers.html
Relevancy 52.89%

When i start my computer up it loads some programs like steam and windows 10 update window then the BSOD happens everytime. it started after i uninstalled my headphones then trying to install them again, my headphones are (Tecknet 7.1 Sound Effect Gaming Headset)

DANNYS-PC-24_10_2015_145534_57.zip

A:BSOD On start up after reinstalling headphone drivers.

Hi DannyStar91,

Welcome to the 8forums.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.
Uninstall Daemon ToolsDownload the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
Double click the executable to open itClick on the button shown below
If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window.

Please remove MSI software, this software is known for causing problems.

Please check Killer for driver updates.
A driver part of Killer network device has been flagged.

Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for bwcW8x64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for bwcW8x64.sys
3: kd> lmvm bwcW8x64
start end module name
fffff801`cba94000 fffff801`cbbea000 bwcW8x64 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: bwcW8x64.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\bwcW8x64.sys
Image name: bwcW8x64.sys
Timestamp: Fri Nov 08 16:31:59 2013 (527D03EF)
CheckSum: 00020D5C
ImageSize: 00156000

Please check Via Labs for driver updates for the USB Host Controller driver

Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ViaHub3.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ViaHub3.sys

2: kd> lmvm ViaHub3
start end module name
fffff800`b1000000 fffff800`b103e000 ViaHub3 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: ViaHub3.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\ViaHub3.sys
Image name: ViaHub3.sys
Timestamp: Mon Jan 20 03:19:17 2014 (52DC87A5)
CheckSum: 000456C6
ImageSize: 0003E000

Please remove this driver, it is known for causing BSOD's.

Code:
AODDriver4.2.0 c:\program files\ati technologies\ati.ace\fuel\amd64\aoddriver2.sys

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/71862-bsod-start-up-after-reinstalling-headphone-drivers.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Error codes are as follows:

STOP: 0x0000007E (0XC0000005, 0xB62D1756, 0xB84C342C, 0xB84C3128)

This is my buddies computer and I don't know much about it. I know it's an AMD based computer. It was working ok and we switched out all the hardware to try and upgrade to some other hardware. The hardware didn't seem to be working correctly so we swapped the old system back in, and now we get this BSOD. I've checked everything over multiple times and everything seems to be hooked up correctly. Sorry I can't give anymore information. I can't get the computer to boot up at all.

A:Can't even start up windows because of BSOD

Hi -

Bugcheck 0x73 (0xc0000005,,,) = thread threw an exception

Exception = 0xc0000005 = memory access violation

It does not necessarily mean there is an issue with RAM. It could be a driver attempting to access a memory address that it does not have access to, e.g., "out of bounds"

Can you boot into SAFEMODE?

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/cant-even-start-up-windows-because-of-bsod-745721.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I really have no idea why the hell this is happening. First It happened while I was playing Left4Dead 2 and I was like no sweat, and went to bed. Then It BSOD'd after I opened a program, then after restarting anything I do involving a program causes a BSOD, I run safe mode just fine but eveything just BSOD's. I tried reinstalling windows 7 and that did nothing at all. It might have had something to do with me unsitalling a PCI fax driver.

UPDATE: I found out its definately something to do with my graphics card, apparantly these three files are the ones causing the BSOD's, nvlddmkm.sys, dxgmms1.sys, and dxgkrnl.sys, with dxgkrnl.sys being the main problem. I can install stuff and do basic work, but anything that uses DirectX or Nvdia causes a crash, I dunno ifts its the card or the drivers, someone help!

I uploaded the dumpfile, please help.

A:Windows 7 BSOD after start up

bump, sorry for the double post but I really need o fix my computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/40907-windows-7-bsod-after-start-up.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Attachment 284101

A:BSOD at any start of windows

Quote: Originally Posted by vicnick

Attachment 284101

Hi and welcome to the Forum
Best idea is to click the red triangle at the top of your post and ask for this topic to be moved tothe BSOD Help and Support Forum where a specialist will look at it for you!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/303237-bsod-any-start-windows.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey guys, hope you can help me. Blue screen appears right after the desktop starts loading. Safe mode worked fine until just now - whenever I try to open a page in a browser - it crashes again. Attached debug info.

BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffffa80056323ef, 0, fffa003c}
BCCode: 1E
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
BCP2: FFFFFA80056263EF
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 00000000FFFA003C
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Inspiron 620
System Type: x64-based PC
Processor(s): 1 Processor(s) Installed.
[01]: Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7 GenuineIntel ~2693 Mhz
BIOS Version: Dell Inc. A06, 5/18/2012

A:BSOD after Windows start-up

Welcome ,

Can you please upload the MSINFO32 file?

Start> RUN> "MSINFO32" without the quotes then hit [Enter].
In "MSINFO32" go to, File> Save> name it your user-name and upload.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/303688-bsod-after-windows-start-up.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey guys Having some problems with my computer blue screening on me when it goes to launch the OS this problem happens before I make it to the log in screen Usually it goes to a system repair and then asks me to do a system restore I dont have to actually do a system restore and it normally starts up fine the next time I do so Its the Windows x -bit It is the original OS install on the comp and a Full retail version The computer itself is very new I bought all the peices independantly and put it togeather a few weeks ago This notice comes up sometimes after it finally starts up quot Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode f BCP BCP DC BCP DC C BCP C BD OS Version Service Pack Product quot Any help would be most appreciated Note In the attached files when it says i do not have a anti-virus up start on 7 windows BSOD on my computer Thats not true I use avast and im not sure why it is not showing

A:BSOD on windows 7 start up

Please do system file check:

Quote:
Open an elevated command prompt and enter sfc /scannow.

You can try to do a clean boot to find problem with startup:
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

Please remove any CD virtualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%. They use a driver, found in your dmp, sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs. Use this SPTD uninstaller when you're done: DuplexSecure - Downloads (You might want to try to disable Deamon tool service in startup list, I suspect the service may cause problem with start up)

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\TUANTR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$DI00.767\073010-22370-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*e:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7600.16539.x86fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0x82a03000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x82b4b810
Debug session time: Fri Jul 30 08:01:11.864 2010 (UTC + 7:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:27.847
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
3: kd> !analyze
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck F4, {3, 876dc030, 876dc19c, 82c2bd90}

Probably caused by : wininit.exe

---------

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\TUANTR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$DI00.445\072210-20576-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*e:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7600.16385.x86fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0x82a48000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x82b90810
Debug session time: Thu Jul 22 08:27:30.050 2010 (UTC + 7:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:26.408
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck A, {0, 2, 1, 82ad6683}

Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe ( nt!KeSetEventBoostPriority+51 )

---------
Regard,

Tuan

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/100816-bsod-windows-7-start-up.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a Dell Power start BSOD Windows comes up. and won't Edge SC computer running windows XP There was some errors on the hard drive that I went ahead and fixed via Disk check Unfortunately since then I have not been able to get into windows My system starts up and goes to the screen that says Safe Mode Last Known Good Config Windows normally All of those options do not work and as soon as I choose any of them I Windows won't start and BSOD comes up. get a blue screen The BSOD is Windows won't start and BSOD comes up. on the screen for sec and I can t really read any of it Then computer restarts and it does the same thing again I don t think there is anything wrong with the hard drive as I have tried it in another system and it works fine I even reinstalled the OS by putting the drive in another system For some reason I am not able to boot from a CD DVD as the initial screen pops up immediately and doesn t take me to the CD What are your thoughts and things to try Thanks

A:Windows won't start and BSOD comes up.

On most Dell systems you need to press F12 when the Dell logo appears on the screen to get to a boot menu.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/270059/windows-wont-start-and-bsod-comes-up/
Relevancy 52.46%

My computer starts up and then gives me the BSOD. The error says:
STOP: 0X0000008E (0XC0000005, 0X8580D097, 0XA7E72954, 0X00000000)

Sometimes, the 3rd and 4th sets of numbers slightly vary.
I have Windows XP. Any help with correcting this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Rachel

A:BSOD after start up - Windows XP

Hi Rachel,
Does the computer make it all the way into Windows before the stop error happens? You may have to attempt an XP repair. Here are the instructions:
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-after-start-up-windows-xp.185212/
Relevancy 52.46%

i have installed a fresh copy of windows 7 32 bit......

every morning the cpu....gives a strange sound....i have cleaned the towers of cpu and power supply box.....one slap to the cpu stops the sound for few seconds......and it crashes.....BSOD......kindly help......

Dump files are attached......

A:BSOD mostly at windows start up

Quote: Originally Posted by shyam

i have installed a fresh copy of windows 7 32 bit......

every morning the cpu....gives a strange sound....i have cleaned the towers of cpu and power supply box.....one slap to the cpu stops the sound for few seconds......and it crashes.....BSOD......kindly help......

Dump files are attached......

Memory corruption probably caused by ASio.sys (part of asus utilities)

Remove and reinstall
Memory. test yours

Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.
Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot. Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/126505-bsod-mostly-windows-start-up.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello i got another diffrent BSOD today when i turned on my computer here is the dump folder
So here is the explain i turn on my pc it turn on it went to windows and few seconds later i got BSOD please help me

A:BSOD when windows start

Please keep your posts all in one topic (so we can see if there are any patterns emerging).
Please let us know which topic you would like to stay in and we'll work on that one.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/54214-bsod-when-windows-start.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi, I have an Lenovo thinkpad 15 laptop that runs windows 7. I can not get it to boot up. When I turn it on it tries to start then it flashes the BSOD quick and goes to windows error recovery. I select launch startup repair and it goes to a black screen then right back to windows error recovery. I select start windows normally and it flashes the BSOD and returns right back to windows error recovery.

Thanks for any help you can give!

A:BSOD Can't start up windows 7

What is the BSOD error message? If unable to read it you can disable automatic restarts.

Turn on the PC
During start-up press F8
At the Advanced Boot Options menu select Disable Automatic Restarts on System failure

This should allow you to get the full error message

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-cant-start-up-windows-7-a-644085.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello everyone It has been around weeks now since I installed Windows and from the second I inserted the CD I had nothing but problems The after loading the disc and starting the install screens the computer would just stop along with the cd drive as if everything halted Anyway after several attempts and several freezes during install I managed to install them successfully Now I am facing the problem that my computer will not start properly without some kind of BSOD However after one or two manual restarts and maybe a system startup repair if i have the time it works Once I enter the desktop from then on nothing is wrong All is running smoothily apart from yesterday After playing suddenly it froze and restarted The same goes for my USB Logitech mouse that since the win install it freezes for a sec and you hear the USB sound as if it was unplugged and plugged again Everything is updated from Windows to all the devices with the latest updates Even the motherboard BIOS The only changes I made before installing windows was add a new TB hard drive a sata dvd drive and GB x GB memory sticks in dual channel mode I also noticed that even though my motherboard and the memorys i have run natively on MHz I had to reduced them to MHz otherwise I think my system would not load windows without a error or BSOD I have attached the files I read that are needed Here are some info on my system Windows Premium BSOD 90% after windows every start! build x RETAIL Hardware components the oldest is years old roughly OS installation weeks old If you have any BSOD 90% after every windows start! suggestions or advice I would be very happy Thanx

A:BSOD 90% after every windows start!

perfmon and MSINFO32 reports show issues with these devices:

Code:
Standard PS/2 Keyboard ACPI\PNP0303\4&23F9C1E3&0 This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.

Marvell Yukon 88E8056 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller #2 PCI\VEN_11AB&DEV_4364&SUBSYS_81F81043&REV_12\4&45B69F9&0&00E2 This device is disabled.
Do you use a PS2 keyboard?
Is the second ethernet port deliberately disabled?
Please check Device Manager to see if these devices are listed as having problems there.

Because of the number of different BSOD's, I'd suggest starting with these free, bootable diagnostics:

Quote:
H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)
HD Diagnostic (read the details at the link)

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: Malware (read the details at the link)

Please remove Catalyst Control Center and Daemon Tools from your system as they can cause issues with Win7. Feel free to reinstall them, if needed, AFTER we're finished troubleshooting.

Please update your Wacom(tablet) Mouse Filter driver:wacommousefilter.sys Fri Feb 16 13:12:17 2007

12 memory dumps from 11 to 25 Sep 2010 (2 weeks)
7 different BSOD errors blaming 7 different causes
I'd suspect that this was a hardware error, so please complete the diagnostics mentioned above.

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Debug session time: Sat Sep 25 08:26:25.700 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:23.386
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avipbb.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avipbb.sys
Probably caused by : avipbb.sys ( avipbb+88f3 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xc2_7_AVBR
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe
Bugcheck code 000000C2
Arguments 00000000`00000007 00000000`00001097 00000000`00050104 fffff8a0`02a3be70
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Fri Sep 24 20:26:45.824 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 4:06:34.884
BugCheck D1, {fffffa0005e1d3c8, 2, 1, fffff88004005b3d}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys
Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::UnreferenceDmaBuffer+7d )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD1
Bugcheck code 000000D1
Arguments fffffa00`05e1d3c8 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000001 fffff880`04005b3d
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Fri Sep 24 02:04:26.794 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:22.854
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!CmpGetContextAnchorForThisThread+26 )
PROCESS_NAME: services.exe
Bugcheck code 00000050
Arguments fffff83f`02c7b198 00000000`00000000 fffff800`02deae06 00000000`00000005
Debug session time: Wed Sep 22 03:00:15.931 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:24.991
Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!bConvertFontRes+1dc )
PROCESS_NAME: csrss.exe
Bugcheck code 00000050
Arguments ffffffff`f9c10749 00000000`00000001 fffff960`000965c4 00000000`00000002
Debug session time: Tue Sep 21 17:27:29.255 2010 (UTC ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/113622-bsod-90-after-every-windows-start.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello. Attached are the files per the instructions. I also included a "WhoCrashed" read-out. Not completely certain but this may be an issue relating to MS OneDrive. Thanks in advance for the help.

A:BSOD on Windows 7 (x64) Start-up

You've encountered two different STOPs; 0x50 and 0x3B. Both could be down to faulting RAM modules but one driver did show its head.

ESET has been flagged. Uninstall ESET and install MS Security Essentials and MalwareBytes.

Note
Make sure you uncheck the 'Enable Free Trial' box when installing.

Code:
fffff880`0b445ae8 fffff880`02f17fa0Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\eamonm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for eamonm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for eamonm.sys
eamonm+0x36fa0
It may be a good idea to test your RAM anyway, even if just to prove it's good.

Download and run MemTest86+ to test your RAM. RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Note

Run MemTest86+ for at least 8 passes. Ideally set it off before you go to bed and leave it overnight, we're looking for zero errors here. A single error will show something's going bad with your RAM.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/377773-bsod-windows-7-x64-start-up.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi

I hope you can help me, every time I boot my pc it loads windows and then I get the BSOD.

The error message is STOP: 0x0000007F (0x00000008,0x8F503750,0x00000000,0x00000000).

I can start up into Safe Mode and have no problems. I have run the Memory Test for 8 passes with no problems.

I have attached the Dump files for your perusal, I would be extremely grateful if you can give me an idea of where the problem lies or of any other information that is required.

A:BSOD after windows 7 Pro start up

Code:
BugCheck 1000007F, {8, 801e1000, 0, 0}*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for mfehidk.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mfehidk.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for mfencbdc.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mfencbdc.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for MOBK.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for MOBK.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for RapportPG.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for RapportPG.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for RapportCerberus32_43926.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for RapportCerberus32_43926.sys
Probably caused by : mfehidk.sys ( mfehidk+27291 )

Code:
Usual causes: Memory corruption, Hardware (memory in particular), Overclocking failure, Installing a faulty or mismatched hardware (especially memory) or a failure after installing it, 3rd party firewall, Device drivers, SCSI/network/BIOS updates needed, Improperly seated cards, Incompatible storage devices, Overclocking, Virus scanner, Backup tool, Bad motherboard, Missing Service Pack
Remove:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\McAfee
Start Menu\Programs\McAfee Online Backup
This program is well-known to cause BSODs with Windows 7. mfehidk.sys and mfencbdc.sys are both drivers related to McAfee.

Use the McAfee Removal Tool:How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee products using the Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR)
Install and perform full scans with:Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download
Microsoft Security Essentials | Protect against viruses, spyware, and other malware
Remember to install the free version of Malwarebytes not the free trail; untick the free trial box during installation

Remove any other real-time protection programs or AV products, such as SuperAntiSpyware.

Run some hard-drive diagnostics and follow these steps: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure
Find your hard-drive manufacturer and run their tests.

Additional Tests: SeaTools for DOS | Seagate
CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World
Post a screenshot of Crystal Disk Info summary:Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums
Make sure you have the latest firmware for SSD, and ensure all the SATA and Power cables are connected to the drive.

Check for any file system errors and bad sectors using Option #2 of: Disk Check
Use this command with Disk Check:

Code:
chkdsk C: /f /r
Reseat all the cards within your system, and stop overclocking any components.

Update BIOS:

Code:
Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG, 05/05/2009
Reduce the number of programs at startup, to avoid any driver or program conflicts:Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/269876-bsod-after-windows-7-pro-start-up.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey guys having on BSOD Start Windows a bit of a problem with BSOD's lately and BSOD on Windows Start for the first time in my life I cant seem to figure out why although I have a pretty good idea The following zip contains all dmp files if anyone wants to take a look Akenload - Small File Host or download attachment SPECS - Note BSOD on Windows Start This is a budget gamer Windows Ultimate x Quad ghz Pentium no errors HD no errors gb ddr no errors AM matx branded board from gateway unfortunately its impossible to find a model number although i'm pretty sure its foxconn I built this off of a desktop someone abandoned with me as you can tell I've obviously changed most of the hardware in fact the only thing left that is stock is the mobo Anyways the problem started when I replaced the stock PSU a year or so ago with a w thermaltake usually the crashes happen when power goes out or a hard shutdown I can stop the BSOD by cycling power to the PSU switch and plug and restarting and if that doesn't work going into bios and loading defaults Thus I think the problem is the PSU however I don't have a spare around to test my theory so I want to get a second opinion before BSOD on Windows Start shelling out the cash to replace it Any insight is welcomed and appreciated

A:BSOD on Windows Start

Hello and welcome,

Do the followings...
- Boot into Safe Mode with Networking
- Uninstall the Display Drivers (inc. Catalyst Control Center)
- Use Driver Sweeper to sweep the traces of the driver Guru3D - Driver Sweeper
- Install the latest version ATI Radeon
- Reboot into normal mode

Update your VIA Rhine Family Fast Ethernet Adapter Driver - VIA Drivers Download - VIA Technologies, Inc.

Code:
fet6x64.sys Thu Jun 19 23:40:18 2008
Install Service Pack 1: Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)

Dean

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 50, {ffffffffffffffef, 0, fffff80002c0c0f3, 0}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys, Win32 error 0n2

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+10aec )

---------

3: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be protected by try-except,
it must be protected by a Probe. Typically the address is just plain bad or it
is pointing at freed memory.
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffffffffffffef, memory referenced.
Arg2: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation.
Arg3: fffff80002c0c0f3, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory
address.
Arg4: 0000000000000000, (reserved)

Debugging Details:
------------------
Could not read faulting driver name

READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80002d0f0e0
ffffffffffffffef

FAULTING_IP:
nt!ExFreePoolWithTag+43
fffff800`02c0c0f3 418b45f0 mov eax,dword ptr [r13-10h]

MM_INTERNAL_CODE: 0

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

TRAP_FRAME: fffff880031bd3a0 -- (.trap 0xfffff880031bd3a0)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=0000000000000000 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=ffffffffffffffff
rdx=000000005958504b rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff80002c0c0f3 rsp=fffff880031bd530 rbp=fffffa80079538b0
r8=0000000000006680 r9=00000000000000c0 r10=fffff80002a67000
r11=0000000000000290 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na po nc
nt!ExFreePoolWithTag+0x43:
fffff800`02c0c0f3 418b45f0 mov eax,dword ptr [r13-10h] ds:ffffffff`fffffff0=????????
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002b581e4 to fffff80002ad8f00

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`031bd238 fffff800`02b581e4 : 00000000`00000050 ffffffff`ffffffef 00000000`00000000 fffff880`031bd3a0 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`031bd240 fffff800`02ad6fee : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`08db2880 fffffa80`06999100 fffff800`02c0c87c : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x42907
fffff880`031bd3a0 fffff800`02c0c0f3 : fffffa80`08a5f000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00002000 fffff800`02c66800 : nt!KiPageFault+0x16e
fffff880`031bd530 fffff880`0693faec : fffffa80`08788020 fffffa80`07953... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/154435-bsod-windows-start.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi all,

When I start my pc it will post but once the windows logo appears it goes to a blue (Green) screen and crashes. In the past it would only do this when I restarted from win desktop now it does it from a fresh start.
I have attached my dump file for the info.
Thank you in advance.

A:BSOD on Windows Start-up.

Hi SpringbokNZ.

There are multiple issues. Display and network.

For the network issue, download and install Drivers for Atheros AR922X and Windows 7. Follow Driver Install - Device Manager to install it. Then we have to observe if the network issue bounces back or not.

For the display issue, better to go slowly. As you are getting BSODs, you should stop overclocking and run all the hardware components like CPU, GPU and RAM to their default settings.

When done, stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark. Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark
Let us know the results.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck D1, {10, 2, 0, fffff880018cb566}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for athrx.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for athrx.sys
Probably caused by : athrx.sys ( athrx+47677 )

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000010, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: fffff880018cb566, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------
READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800026af100
GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800026af1c0
0000000000000010 Nonpaged pool

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

FAULTING_IP:
ndis!NdisFreeTimerObject+16
fffff880`018cb566 488b5310 mov rdx,qword ptr [rbx+10h]

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD1

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.17237 (debuggers(dbg).140716-0327) amd64fre

TRAP_FRAME: fffff880021a3770 -- (.trap 0xfffff880021a3770)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=0000000000000000 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffff88001901ac8
rdx=0000000000000000 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff880018cb566 rsp=fffff880021a3900 rbp=fffff8000261d280
r8=0000000000011120 r9=0000000000000000 r10=fffff80002402000
r11=fffffa8008f72040 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz na pe nc
ndis!NdisFreeTimerObject+0x16:
fffff880`018cb566 488b5310 mov rdx,qword ptr [rbx+10h] ds:00000000`00000010=????????????????
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002477169 to fffff80002477bc0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`021a3628 fffff800`02477169 : 00000000`0000000a 00000000`00000010 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`021a3630 fffff800`02475de0 : 00d80104`100000d8 40000000`00008020 fffffa80`08f73000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69
fffff880`021a3770 fffff880`018cb566 : fffffa80`06d30660 00000000`000007ff fffffa80`08f72388 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiPageFault+0x260
fffff880`021a3900 fff... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/349775-bsod-windows-start-up.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi

I recently upgrade my pc to windows 10. I now get random BSOD at startup. When windows logo starts i get black screen on monitor, basicly monitor goes on sleep mode. After some time pc restart and then botup goes normal without BSOD. I think its my soundcard Asus Xonar D2X but i am not shure...

PLS help..

A:BSOD at start up Windows 10

You need to post on our sister forums Windows 10 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/384264-bsod-start-up-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello all, for the last few months I have been dealing with a BSOD that seems to happen at random.  I have no idea as to what is causing it as I have had no hardware changes that corresponded with the onslaught of BSOD.  I seem to get it once every other day.  What is the best way to diagnose this?  I have a TON of work on this machine that I do have backed up, but would REALLY like to not have to do a restore.  Looking forward to the help!!

A:BSOD - Windows 7 - 64 Bit - Where to start?

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post. 
Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576609/bsod-windows-7-64-bit-where-to-start/
Relevancy 52.46%

This is the report of the BSOD that happens when I start my PC.
I have knowledge about computers but not enough to solve this problem.
Anyone can help me? I have to upload any file?
Pleassseeeee
Thanks

Problem signature
problem event name: blueScreen
os version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
locate ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem
BCCode: 3d
BCP1: FFFFF88003391Foo
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF8000306F080
Os Version: 6_1_76000
Service Pack 0_0
Product: 256_1

A:BSOD when start Windows

Dose this stop you from getting to Windows? Also have you installed Windows lately?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/248169-bsod-when-start-windows.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello

When I turn my computer on it will come up with a BSOD (usually driver related) then the computer restarts and windows starts up fine. However I then have other problems with windows it's self. The computer won't connect to a network, the homegroup doesn't work and I can't print over the network, also the windows update service and various other windows online services don't work.

I have tried updating all drivers and the BIOS. Also I have tried SFC and DISM but these have made no difference.

I would appreciate any help

CHILLBLAST27-01_11_2016_165949_97.zip

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/68639-bsod-windows-start-up.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi, since 8 months i've been using windows 7 (64 bit) i've never had a blue screen... Now I cant even use windows normally, before Windows user login screen, y get the BSOD IRQL not less than or equal, and restart. In safe mode, the background are all black, no bars, only the mouse pointer, and automatic repair function of Windows 7 disk dosnt work.
I have not installed any new hardware or driver.

so my system:
win 7 64 bit
original install, 8 months old
thanks in advance >D

A:BSOD before windows start

when I try to enter in safe mode, the screen its all black, and I can see the mouse pointer. Alt + ctrl + del, ctrl +esc, or any combination dosnt work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/114934-bsod-before-windows-start.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a dual boot windows 7/linux (xubuntu) HP laptop, but BSOD on windows start up. I can access windows drive through linux fine.

Windows recovery environment hasn't been able to help yet, memory is fine. For some reason I can boot linux .iso's like grub off the usb but not windows or windows repair.

Boot Repair log attached.

Any helps would be extraordinarily appreciated.

A:BSOD windows start up.

I know you can't boot windows normally, so can you boot into safe mode with networking?
If you can please follow these instructions.

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

We need the dump files. Can you also set your PC to create small memory dumps by following these instructions.

Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/326085-bsod-windows-start-up.html
Relevancy 52.46%

My computer was suffering from random bsods and viruses before. I atributed the bsods to viruses, but after reinstalling windows 7, I found that the bsods still happened. It seems to happen when installing drivers, or running prime95. Booting into safe mode allows me to pretty much do anything.

When crashing, it does a slow crash, where I can move the mouse around, but the startbar and any other programs dont respond. Explorer then crashes, followed shortly by a bluescreen.

A:BSOD Installing drivers after a fresh windows install, Code 0xf4

Welcome
Sounds like a driver, take driver verifier test
Driver Verifier
I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Windows 7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/246178-bsod-installing-drivers-after-fresh-windows-install-code-0xf4.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I've been getting very frequent BSOD or blue screen errors for the past few days now. Safe mode works fine to try to research the problem and resolving it. I believe it may be this fake bsodohci file in my windows/drivers/cache folder and causing it to run commands when it's not supposed to. Malwarebytes is not picking this up and I can barely get into Windows normally before getting the BSOD. I also cannot delete this file. The Avenger is not picking this up either or any other anti virus program. I've downloaded and updated my drivers, cleaned the computer of dust. The temperatures run between 111 and 114 degrees F and shuts down at 174 degrees F.

I've written down the codes from the blue screen.

0x0000008E

0x000000D1

Usbohci.sys < how do I delete the fake file?

Any help would be appreciated.

A:Fake Usbohci File In Windows/drivers/cache and BSOD Errors?

Hello,Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/404490/fake-usbohci-file-in-windowsdriverscache-and-bsod-errors/
Relevancy 52.03%

i ran some disk check program which crashed and now i blue screen and cant load windows.
i tried the option for an auto fix (startup repair) and that didnt work.
safe mode doesnt boot.

it looks as if the program is still trying to load before windows but blue screens. i clear cmos still BSOD

i go into dos prompt and now my ssd main drive is rename to X drive instaed of C: ! WTF
Is there a way for me to change the disk assignment letter in the dos prompt ?

Additional Comment:

If i load the dos prompt with the SSD ONLY its renamed the SSD drive to X: not c: ! So even though there is only one drive installed by default its not making it c:

A:windows wont start BSOD

This may sound useless, but give this a try, start the system with the windows disc in the drive. Do not press any key when prompted and see if it will load windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/140823-windows-wont-start-bsod.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello all

i m facing a very difficult problem

i installed fresh windows 8.1 x64 bit

since installation every time

when i start my pc , then usually motherboard picture displayed then my pc restart auto

and then my pc start normally

sometimes it shows BSOD ,

" Your PC ran into some problem & crashed . We are collecting information
You can search for only help : 'error name' . "

here's my dump file

please help

thanks in advance . Attachment 31653

A:BSOD , every time when windows start

G: drive only has about 7% free space. Windows likes 15% free space in order to perform stuff "behind the scenes" without adversely affecting the system's performance. Please free up 15% on ALL hard drives (you can get away with 10% on larger drives and won't notice a large performance penalty)

Are you using a USB mouse and keyboard? If so, it's probably save to ignore these errors in Device Manager:

Standard PS/2 Keyboard ACPI\PNP0303\4&198C2624&0 This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.

Microsoft PS/2 Mouse ACPI\PNP0F03\4&198C2624&0 This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.

Out of 25 memory dumps there were 12 different BSOD error codes. The differing error codes are usually symptomatic of a lower level problem within the system. They are usually caused by one of these things:
- borked (broken) hardware (several different procedures used to isolate the problem device)
- BIOS issues (check for updates at the motherboard manufacturer's website)
- overclocking/overheating - You'll know if you're overclocking or not. If uncertain we can suggest things to check.
- compatibility issues
- low-level driver problems
- or even malware (scanned for when we ask for hardware diagnostics from Initial Hardware Diagnostics or Hardware Diagnostics ).

Please uninstall MSI Live Update (and MSI Afterburner - if installed) - they may be the cause of BSOD's

AMD OverDrive (AODDriver2.sys) is either a stand-alone application, or a component of the AMD VISION Engine Control Center. This driver is known to cause BSOD's on some Windows systems.

Please un-install all AMD/ATI video stuff from Control Panel...Programs...Un-install a program
Then, download (but DO NOT install) a fresh copy of the ATI drivers from http://ati.amd.com (in the upper right corner of the page)
Use this procedure to install the DRIVER ONLY: ATI video cards - DRIVER ONLY installation procedure - Sysnative Forums

If the device (AODDriver or AODDriver4.01) remains a problem, open Device Manager, select the "View" item.
Then select "Show hidden devices" and scroll down to the Non-Plug and Play Drivers section.
Locate the AODDriver entry, right click on it and select "Un-install". Reboot for changes to take affect.

Sometimes the driver remains and continues to cause BSOD's. If this is the case for you, post back and we'll give further instructions for safely removing it.

If overclocking, please stop. Remove the overclock and return the system to stock/standard values while we're troubleshooting. Once the system is stable again, feel free to resume the overclocking.

You can get a head start on the hardware diagnostics if you'd like - they are located here: Hardware Diagnostics
If this is a compatibility problem, there may not be any recourse but to revert to Win8 or Win7 to achieve stability.
MSI does not offer Win8.1 drivers for this motherboard, so the likelyhood of an incompatibility is significant.
Good luck!

Uninstall the MSICDSetup or MSI Suite program - this driver is not compatible w/Win8 or 8.1:

CDriver64.sys Tue Aug 11 22:15:12 2009 (4A8225B0)
MSICDSetup
CDriver64.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

Code:
**************************Tue Nov 12 14:26:04.317 2013 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\111313-17328-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9600 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9600.16404.amd64fre.winblue_gdr.130913-2141
System Uptime:0 days 0:01:49.041
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for bridge.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed bu... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/35434-bsod-every-time-when-windows-start.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey guys
So yeah, the title says it all. I'm also having problems getting the crash dump with the diagnostic tool. O.o
It isn't creating a folder on my desktop. I've enabled crash info collection, too. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Nvm. Got the crash dump. It saved it on my other drive for some reason :P. Uploading now.

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi everybody,

This is my first time posting in this forum and I thank you all in advance for you anticipated help in solving this infernal problem.

I have been having this BSOD problem whenever I start up my Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and after going through a Repair options which solved nothing resulting in the dreaded blue screen.

Details are attached with this post.

Hope somebody can help me, as a fresh installation of windows didn't seem to help at all.

A:BSOD on start up Windows 7 Ultimate 64

And here's the minidump file attached.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-on-start-up-windows-7-ultimate-64-a-619988.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Good day It's been a while since I first encountered a Blue-Screen-Of-Death issue I have an ASUS GeForce GT GB -bit GPU I was just playing NBA k on a typical thursday night when all start-up after BSOD on 7 screen Windows of a sudden the game crashed The computer operated normally until I shut it down Then come friday evening the computer haven't passed the black windows start-up screen It will reboot after the BSOD once the start-up BSOD on after Windows 7 start-up screen screen has finished Good thing my board includes an on-board GPU and the computer BSOD on after Windows 7 start-up screen booted normally on that on-board GPU I checked what had caused the BSOD and the culprits are these nvlddmkm sys dxgmms sys ff dxgkrnl sys d I don't have the proper knowledge to decode what causes my computer to crash I've read some articles here I've tried doing some of the suggestions on those articles like re-installing the directX drivers re-installing the drivers with the latest release updating chipset clear CMOS but the problem still persist I tested my GPU on an AMD board but it resulted to a BSOD also with the same culprits I have listed above I hope someone can help me to find a solution to fix this I've attached a zip of the dmp files for reference Thanks in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/393347-bsod-after-windows-7-start-up-screen.html
Relevancy 52.03%

My laptop keeps on restarting and once it gets past the windows logo, the bsod pops up for a second and then the computer restarts again. I do not have the windows xp cd, so I bought the "Ultimate Boot CD 2009" in hope of repairing windows. How do I go about doing this?

Thanks,
Kenny

Relevancy 52.03%

Started up my computer this morning to find that it blue screens on the windows start up logo I didnt change anything in the BIOS or mess with anything in the system at all that would make it do this It also blue screens when i try and go into safe mode I tried start up repair system restore system image recovery last known good start up every option available to me but to nothing works I have tons of data on this computer so a clean reinstall is not an option Ive been looking all over the web using my other computer to try and find an answer but cant find anything that works I get this error on start up quot STOP x BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO quot System restore wont work at all and that is always my go to option it keeps showing quot System restore failed while mounting the registry form the restore point An unspecified error occurred during system restore x x quot Any suggestions or advice are greatly appreciated

A:BSOD 0x00000074 cant start windows

Unfortunately, that error is a big vague. A few things to try. Get into the System Recovery Options again as an administrative user and run Startup Repair three times and see if you are able to boot.

If startup repair does not resolve the boot issues, start the command prompt through System Recovery Options as an administrative user and do the following steps.chkdsk /r c:
chkdsk /r d:
chkdsk /r e:

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/209230-bsod-0x00000074-cant-start-windows.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello I have a PC with Windows OS as my only OS on a bitlocker encrypted SSD for a while now and suddenly it seems out of nowhere I am getting x B BSOD erros when booting the OS I did not do any hardware and software changes including updates prior to this BSOD showing up I have upgraded my motherboard two months ago including correctly updated drivers but all worked flawlessly since then so that is probably not the cause BDE BSOD Windows of start-up during 7 with 0x0000007B I have also been tweaking around with network drivers recently but BSOD 0x0000007B during start-up of Windows 7 with BDE again that does not seem like it would give a BSOD even in safe-boot without networking The full error code is x B xFFFFF A E xFFFFFFFFC x x Apart from not BSOD 0x0000007B during start-up of Windows 7 with BDE being able to boot into the OS using normal boot I get the same BSOD with the safe-boot option also so only option for not getting a BSOD is a using System Recovery tool from DVD or b booting BSOD 0x0000007B during start-up of Windows 7 with BDE from USB with linux-based tools distros including GParted So far I have tried without success the following Startup Repair using Win DVD Checking AHCI was not changed to IDE RAID in BIOS Replacing the SATA cable and changing the SATA port removing all other non-OS harddisks chkdsk f C returns quot no problems quot found Bootrec exe FixMbr and Bootrec exe FixBoot still return quot Total identified Windows installations quot with ScanOs So far only other possible solution known to me that I have not tried is Bootrec exe RebuildBCD because I do not feel that comfortable playing around with the MBR without actually knowing what I am should be doing From what I was able to find on the net this issue is related to the boot-sector and or conflicting drivers but not sure where to go from here I really want to avoid doing a clean install so any help in fixing this issue would be greatly appreciated Thank you all

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/54e1fefe-9949-49aa-821d-951ff758d7c8/bsod-0x0000007b-during-startup-of-windows-7-with-bde?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey guys, new to this forum looking forward to helping where i can.

I am having recent issues with my Windows 7 machine. When i turn her on, boot it up, i get past the loading bar, then it BSOD.

Now last night it was giving me a physical dump, today it is not. So i can not record the failure number. It also does the same thing when trying to boot into safe mode.

I booted to my Windows 7 CD and tried Startup repair.

Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically.

Problem signature:
event name: Startuprepairoffline
sig 1: 6.1.7600.16385
sig 2: 6.1.7600.16385
sig 3: unknown
sig 4: 21201055
sig 5: Autofailover
sig 6: 5
sig 7: 0xf4
OS version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Local ID: 1033

Any help is greatly appreciated.

A:Windows 7 fails to start with BSOD.

Welcome!

It's always good to see more members helping out around here.

We really need to dmps, located in C:\Windows\Minidump. Zip or RAR them up, and upload them for analysis.

If you can't boot even in Safe Mode, take the hard drive to another machine and copy the dmps from there.

Without seeing them, I can only speculate. It sounds like a hardware problem, so you may want to test your RAM and hard drive.

Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using ImgBurn. Boot from the CD, and run at least 5 passes.

For hard drive testing utilities, see this link: Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.
Good luck!

~JK

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/75133-windows-7-fails-start-bsod.html
Relevancy 52.03%

This is well and truly annoying. After rebuilding my entire machine after a devastating power surge (which Corsair has to answer for), my computer will no longer start Windows nicely. Though this is an improvement over the OMG OMG OMG BEEP BEEP BEEP that my computer was producing before, it is by no means ideal.

Since I can not enter Windows, there is little that I can do. I have attached the kernel dump file, I hope it is useful. Please advise as I am out of ideas.

A:[SOLVED] BSOD when Windows tries to start

I'm seeing a 0x116, looks like the gfx card might have taken a hit, assuming the Corsair blamed was a PSU; do you have another rig to test the card in?

I'll try to dig deeper ...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-bsod-when-windows-tries-to-start-658445.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I went to the toilet for 5 minutes and when I came back, my computer was off so I tried restarting it and this happened. Its my custom built PC. Its been fine for a few months but a few weeks ago, It said before start up: SATA3G_6 Hard Disk:S.M.A.R.T. Status BAD, backup and replace. I don't know whats happened.

Problem Event Signature: StartupRepairOffline
Problem Signature 01: 0.0.0.0
Problem signature 02: 0.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: unknown
Problem Signature 04: 0
Problem Signature 05: unknown
Problem Signature 06: 01
Problem Signature 07: unknown
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Some one please help me. I've not created a back up or a disk image file so It better not wipe the memory.

A:BSoD After Windows 7 Start up window

Hello Jonathan.

Can you post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions?

Also, post a screenshot of your HDD using CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/268347-bsod-after-windows-7-start-up-window.html
Relevancy 52.03%

after instaling ati video drivers in  my windows 7 x64 i couldnt start windowns no more.
ive tried lot os things like system restore safemode low resolution setc etc nothing workes
can anyone help pls?
thank you in advanced

A:BSOD cant start windows in any mode

What is the make and model of this computer?

Just to confirm this, you can not boot into Safe Mode?

Do you have a installation disc for Windows 7?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/488010/bsod-cant-start-windows-in-any-mode/