Windows Support Forum

Custom computer hangs till manual reset/power off

Q: Custom computer hangs till manual reset/power off

MSI Z77A-GD65
i5-3570k OC'ed 4.2GHz(tested stable on linpack)
XFX DD 7850 2GB
Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24 2x4GB
seasonic x-660 gold
OS + Programs on Crucial M4 256GB SSD
Data on WD Green 2TB

Everything has been fine for the past year or so, but in the last month the computer started to randomly hang, won't get out of it till I hard reset/power off. No error messages whatsoever. Seems to be getting more and more frequent. Most likely not heat problem, CPU remains <50 celcius even at max loads. GPU <60 celcius. Most of the time it happens during low load periods(web surfing/video watching). All drivers are up-to-date AFAIK.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Custom computer hangs till manual reset/power off

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Custom computer hangs till manual reset/power off

Hi,

Quote:

i5-3570k OC'ed 4.2GHz(tested stable on linpack)

Likely your issue. Even if you've stability tested it for however long with whatever software, I recommend bringing the entire system to defaults for troubleshooting purposes.

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/custom-computer-hangs-till-manual-reset-power-off-702723.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Built my computer about months ago worked fine up until now My PC randomly freezes completely and suddenly Task manager wont open and I have to reset it however even after reset it takes forever to boot and it goes straight to the wont up, reset UEFI Computer to boot till full shutdown/reset goes button locking UEFI and not to Windows even if I exit the UEFI it won t boot into Windows until I shut it off completely then turn it back on My M g SSD Windows Drive doesn t show up in the Computer locking up, reset button goes to UEFI wont boot till full shutdown/reset boot menu but does in device manager my computer however this is not a new thing I suspected the SSD might be failing The freezing started after having my computer off for days it s never been Computer locking up, reset button goes to UEFI wont boot till full shutdown/reset shut off for more than a day or two I can think of no other unusual things Computer locking up, reset button goes to UEFI wont boot till full shutdown/reset I might have done or changed So far I have tried Resetting the BIOS overclocks to quot default quot they have been stable Running memtest for a period of hours with no errors Running MSI Kombuster burn-in-test for about half an hour This was happening while playing Battlefield I thought it might be the game GPU but it happens even while watching VLC or browsing Firefox and Chrome on their own Didn t crash Freeing up space in the Windows SSD It had less than GB now it has GB and the problem still occurs Checked all temperatures of CPU GPU Drives Mobo nothing is overheating Under GPU stress test It doesn t lag or give warnings it just locks up There were several large tmp files taking up space - gb in my windows SSD g M I deleted them but one reappeared I forgot the folder location it was a Temp folder I think under AppData it wasn t the windows temp folder The reason I mention it is because they were never there before I don t use my Windows SSD for anything beside a few quot essential quot small applications and then suddenly it was full which I didn t see until I was troubleshooting my current issue They were all hours old My only guess is BF was putting them there for some reason because my g SSD was too full They all started with SRA then random letters or numbers tmp nbsp

A:Computer locking up, reset button goes to UEFI wont boot till full shutdown/reset

The SSD might be failing. Is it still under warranty?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-locking-up-reset-button-goes-to-uefi-wont-boot-till-full-shutdown-reset.204640/
Relevancy 73.1%

So while I was at work my wife called and said power on other Won't No computer. till Working at all. day turn the to the computer will not turn on She says that our daughter plugged a usb cable into it in order to charge a PS remote The computer was No power to computer. Won't turn on at all. Working till the other day working at this time She removed the remote later and used it Upon trying to use the computer later it would No power to computer. Won't turn on at all. Working till the other day not boot at all When you press the power button nothing happens No fans spin no lights come on nothing I removed and tested the power supply via the safety pin method and it No power to computer. Won't turn on at all. Working till the other day is working I put a brand new power supply in any ways which was also tested I next replaced the power switch button not the full cable and it still does not come on I noticed after this that my motherboard has an on off power button and reset built onto the board Upon pressing this button nothing happens I built this PC myself less than three years ago and have not had any hardware problems till his Do you think my motherboard has suddenly failed Do I need to replace it I don't think it is a grounding issue as the computer has sat in the same spot and worked since I've had it till now Motherboard is an ASRock P Extreme Gen Thanks

A:No power to computer. Won't turn on at all. Working till the other day

Still sounds like a power supply issue to me. Were you actually able to test the voltage from either or both power supplies? If not i would try and test the voltage to see if its putting out anything. Short of that it does sound like it could be a possible motherboard issue. Also; when you say your daughter plugged in a usb cable to charge something do you mean she plugged a controller in? because the ps3 remotes for the blu ray part of the ps3 does not have a usb port on it to charge batteries. It just uses normal aa batteries.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/340930-no-power-computer-wont-turn-all-working-till-other-day.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello for the past month or so i've been getting this random black screen, No matter what i will be doing at RANDOM my computer screen would go black, Freeze, I'd hear a buzzing sound and be forced to manually turn off my computer. I've done multiple things to try and fix this, I reinstalled windows, Reset my bios to default, Made it to where it was like a brand new computer! No crashes for the first 3 days, 4th day it came back. After that i updated ALL drivers, My bios still. Last night i ran memtest got 0 errors, I am really hoping it ISNT MY mobo but i dont know why it would be, I built this computer 6 months ago. If anyone can help me please reply, Its so bad i have to hold my breath to play a game.http://speccy.piriform.com/results/...Heres my CBS file: http://www.filedropper.com/cbs_1

A:6-months old custom-built Computer now hangs and freezes

I'm rather inclined to think this is a hardware fault of some sort. As this is an intermittent fault do the following:Check that all the connections inside, particularly those on signal ribbons, are firmly home. It might be best to unplug and re-plug them.Clean the RAM edge connectors with a soft pencil eraser then pop the sticks in and out a few times to ensure no oxide remains on the sockets. It could be worth doing this for any add-on cards too.I have had edge connector problems at times with SATA connectors on the HD, both power and signal.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/6months-old-custombuilt-computer-now-hangs-and-freezes/2164.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi Genuis peopleI have been having issues with internet since I signed up for gmail account. Since trying to add internet explorer 9 as per gmail suggestion, I have been locked out of my windowslive account. Passwords etc have been sent to gmail with a minimum 12 hour delay which have now meant that I have requested help too many times.If there is any way you can get me into my account again, I'd be extremely appreciativeSarah :-)

A:locked out of windows live & they won't reset till tomorrow

"I have requested help too many times"Nothing anyone here can do to help, you're going to have to wait it out.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/locked-out-of-windows-live-they-wont-reset-till-tomorrow/13621.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Ok I ll try to give as much details as possible Im a software engineer so Computer: Custom Won't power up go ahead all you hardware guys point and laugh These are my specs CoreDX -VSTA - ASRock mobo ghz p with HT gb ddr i know gb ide hd gb ide hd gb usb external geforce gtx pioneer d dvd dl burner xbox anyone Here are the symptoms Well I have xp vista dual boot Custom Computer: Won't power up and I switched over to xp to install crysis I have an iso of it so I installed daemon tools installed winrar extracted it and rebooted I got up forgot to select earlier version of windows so i was back into vista rebooted again i must have forgot again so the third time i got into xp It got to starting up windows and sat there for quite some time So I hard reset the computer It did to POST Boot bios crap and pretty much quit working halfway through after it initialized my hard drives somewhere in that area So I noticed this was abnormal did another hard restart The light comes on the face of my computer case but nothing hardware wise is running I pop off my case side and noticed when I power it on the psu clicks and my cpu fan twitches And thats it The light on the front of my case stays on and if I hold it it will shut off If it weren t for the light i d never know the mobo was responding at all The hard drives don t power up nothing From what I know about hardware i m going to guess wildly that the psu is fine Doesn t smell funny or anything I haven t made any significan t hardware changes or any for that matter Except When I booted into xp I had to install my netgear wireless card Which worked fine before I rebooted And I installed my audio drivers since this was the second time i booted into the xp install as it was fresh Any Ideas i d appreciate fully since now I can t even see what crysis looks like nor can I keep up on my WOW nbsp

A:Custom Computer: Won't power up

It sounds like something is shorting to the case. If your motherboard has on-board video, pull out all the PCI cards including the video card and see if the computer boots. You might want to check the motherboard standoffs once again. ATX motherboards usually have 6 standoffs. Make sure you don't have more than 6 installed, only in places on the motherboard, where there are mounting holes

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/custom-computer-wont-power-up.95677/
Relevancy 62.35%

My HP Pavilion a6232n PC had the blue screen error a lot so I factory reset it. After that, it wouldn't start anymore and hangs at a black screen with a blinking underscore after the HP logo. I tried to boot the windows vista recovery disk from the boot menu but it doesn't work. It still goes to the black screen whether I boot the cd or hard drive first.

EDIT: It sometimes displays "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER". I don't have a system disk and I have read that the recovery disk can be used for it. When i put it in and press enter, it just has the black screen without the message anymore.

A:Computer hangs at black screen with underscore after factory reset

You may have a bad or corrupt hard drive. Have you checked that the hard drive is detected in the bios?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-hangs-at-black-screen-with-underscore-after-factory-reset.173949/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello all I have read the stickies yet i am still unsure of what to do I have built my computer for the first time with these parts CPU GHz Intel Core i - MB Gigabyte GA-P M-UD RAM gb DDR RAM GPU ATI Radeon HD PSU Antec TruePower power-up computer Custom failure New W CPU Cooler Akasa Nero S Case Xigmatek Utgard x Optical DVD drives Storage TB Samsung SpinPoint F Sound Card Asus Xonar DX I plugged in the AC cable at Custom computer power-up failure the back after plugging everything in and i saw a spark come out of the PSU Then the PC just did the on-off on-off thing where it tries but fails to boot I plugged in the hard drives with SATA cable hope thats all i need the DVD drive with an IDE i can t thing of anything i did wrong I unplugged and plugged back the main MB power cord and tried again This time the power went out in the entire house Seriously What could cause this Can you help me in any way I really hope i don t have too many parts for w or simply did something terribly wrong THANK YOU nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi all I've been having this issue for a good few months now As far as I remember it came on suddenly not on hangs down power Computer gradually though there may have been a small period during which it sometimes powered down correctly and sometimes did not - I can't remember When going into shutdown sleep or hibernate my system appears to get to the final hurdle but then hang My monitor is even powered off as it believes the computer to be I have to hold the power button to get it to turn off completely - I have left it for - minutes before and it's still been on How should I even go about looking to see what's causing it to hang I've tried disconnecting my many HDDs and my GPU in case it's a hardware thing but to no avail Haven't fiddled with the RAM at all System specs 'dows Intel i - K stock AMD Radeon HD OC'd Asus P Z -V LX x GB Corsair Vengeance Corsair CX M PSU Samsung EVO x quot internal HDDs I wasn't sure which section to post this in as I'm not entirely sure whether it's a software or hardware issue if it's deemed to be in the wrong one then please do feel free to move it Thanks all

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/60579-computer-hangs-power-down.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi!  RecentlyI was restoring my computer back to factory default when a power outage shut down the computer. When i turned the computer back on it go farther then the HP logo before shutting off and restarting over again.  None of the advanced diagnosis will start up or help correctly and whenever I try to reset the computer the reset won't pass 1%. Someone please help.

A:Tried to reset computer, power outage happened, now my compu...

Hopefully you created the Recovery media.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Tried-to-reset-computer-power-outage-happened-now-my/td-p/5697915
Relevancy 58.05%

Hey guys,
I just came back from college and my computer has been packed away in the closet for over 3 months. I plugged everything in today, and upon pressing the power button, the fans spin up and stay on, but the computer doesn't do anything more.
On the back of the computer, a red light that says CLR CMOS is on. The power LED's in the front are not on.

Also, it's an ASrock p67 extreme 4 mobo
Looking inside, their is a code that is displayed on the mobo "A3" and the Power and Reset lights are also lit up

Any help would be appreciated!

Relevancy 57.19%

I own an Samsung 7 series running Windows 7 64-bit.
Since using it, it has consistently given me trouble. I reinstalled the system once, but it is still giving me problems a few months later. It will hang or freeze every 5-10 minutes. Please help me fix this.

Thanks!

A:Laptop hangs constantly and requires manual shutdown.

Welcome

Start with the System File CheckerSFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/258398-laptop-hangs-constantly-requires-manual-shutdown.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello My Computer Kernel freezes/hangs. Power ID 41. No dump files. computer freezes hangs at about - Computer freezes/hangs. No dump files. Power Kernel ID 41. times per month After that I have to hold the power button turn it off and turn it on back again Event logs say KERNEL POWER EVENT ID quot The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly quot No dump files are created So I would like to fix that annoying issue for good I have been trying to let it go but I can't stand it anymore Would it be software or hardware related Can we pin point the issue I don't mind buying knew parts just need to get this done Windows Pro Mobo P Z -M Crucial M SSD GB AMD vapor-x x GB corsair vengeance RAM i k The processor is OCed a bit so is the GPU Those hangs are way too random though and I have stress-tested for stability Problems occur even when pc is running cool and with no intensive apps I've reinstalled windows once a good while back but the problem continued I do have a feeling that it has to do with SLEEPING Might be a coincidence but the pc seems to run fine if I keep turning it off and on instead of just sleeping Could it be that something is being written in a wrong way everytime it sleeps Logs are attached

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/computer-freezes-hangs-no-dump-files-power-kernel-id-41-a-1060466.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello My computer freezes hangs at about 41. files. No freezes/hangs. ID dump Computer Power Kernel - Computer freezes/hangs. No dump files. Power Kernel ID 41. times per Computer freezes/hangs. No dump files. Power Kernel ID 41. month After that I have to hold the power button turn it off and turn it on back again Event logs say KERNEL POWER EVENT ID quot The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly quot No dump files are created So I would like to fix that annoying issue for good I have been trying to let it go but I can't stand it anymore Would it be software or hardware related Can we pin point the issue I don't mind buying knew parts just need to get this done Windows Pro Mobo P Z -M Crucial M SSD GB AMD vapor-x x GB corsair vengeance RAM i k The processor is OCed a bit so is the GPU Those hangs are way too random though and I have stress-tested for stability Problems occur even when pc is running cool and with no intensive apps I've reinstalled windows once a good while back but the problem continued I do have a feeling that it has to do with SLEEPING Might be a coincidence but the pc seems to run fine if I keep turning it off and on instead of just sleeping Could it be that something is being written in a wrong way everytime it sleeps Logs are attached

A:Computer freezes/hangs. No dump files. Power Kernel ID 41.

I'm not sure if I should bump this? 5 days, should I still be expecting some kind of assistance?

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-8-a/127023-computer-freezes-hangs-no-dump-files-power-kernel-id-41-a.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello My computer freezes hangs at about - times per month After that I have to hold the power button turn it off and turn it on back again freezes/hangs. No dump Kernel 41. Computer files. Power ID Event logs say KERNEL POWER EVENT ID quot The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting Computer freezes/hangs. No dump files. Power Kernel ID 41. down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed Computer freezes/hangs. No dump files. Power Kernel ID 41. or lost power unexpectedly quot No dump files are created So I would like to fix that annoying issue for good I have been trying to let it go but I can't stand it anymore Computer freezes/hangs. No dump files. Power Kernel ID 41. Would it be software or hardware related Can we pin point the issue I don't mind buying knew parts just need to get this done Windows Pro Mobo P Z -M Crucial M SSD GB AMD vapor-x x GB corsair vengeance RAM i k The processor is OCed a bit so is the GPU Those hangs are way too random though and I have stress-tested for stability Problems occur even when pc is running cool and with no intensive apps I've reinstalled windows once a good while back but the problem continued I do have a feeling that it has to do with SLEEPING Might be a coincidence but the pc seems to run fine if I keep turning it off and on instead of just sleeping Could it be that something is being written in a wrong way everytime it sleeps Logs are attached

A:Computer freezes/hangs. No dump files. Power Kernel ID 41.

I'm not sure if I should bump this? 5 days, should I still be expecting some kind of assistance?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/72023-computer-freezes-hangs-no-dump-files-power-kernel-id-41-a.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I am trying to connect my Nook to my wireless network When I originally set the manual wireless Does connection? Solved: router require reset network up I wrote down EVERYTHING router password network name network security key security type IP address network name amp network passphrase The original set up was with a now unused laptop I have since successfully connected a desktop wirelessly to the network but the Nook keeps telling me I m entering the wrong wireless password I can access the router page through Solved: Does wireless router reset require manual connection? the IP address using the info I said I have above and have not been able to figure out the password From what I can tell there s no way to recover my encrypted password and I need to do a factory reset to my router and set it up from scratch again If I m wrong on that PLEASE someone let me know I guess my Solved: Does wireless router reset require manual connection? question is ultimately this if I have to do a master reset to my router do I have to use a cable to connect it to my PC when I m setting it back up The computer is on a different floor than the router and I don t think there s a cable long enough that I can afford to connect them Sorry it s Windows Vista bit and a Linksys wireless router WRT G Thank you in advance for your help nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

Starting a new thread for a previous issue because the problems in the title of my original thread are no longer ongoing - but I'll copy paste my original post here as well just for the sake of completeness Trying to help a young friend proxy continual reset Chrome Google of manual settings requires 'fix' her laptop She knows it's old but it's all she has Google Chrome requires continual manual reset of proxy settings so I'd like to do the best I can It's a second-hand computer for her and I don't think she really knows what some of the programs are She had installed a bunch of toolbars which I've removed with Revo Uninstaller whenever I could find entries for them and some trial programs that were supposed to speed up the computer I have made a backup of her data but as far as she's concerned the computer can be wiped clean - there's nothing installed that she can't reinstall again if she needs to I would be a very happy camper if she had an installation disc Vista -bit home premium but she doesn't so turning to you is my best option Both Firefox and Chrome started out with recurring problems with the proxy server refusing connections I can go into settings and tell the programs NOT to use a proxy server and this is mostly working now particularly with FF Chrome still resets itself to proxy every so often when I reopen the browser FF's homepage keeps resetting itself to mywebsearch com Chrome's used to but one of my many attempted interventions apparently worked in that browser and nothing I do has been able to change that Even more annoying is the fact that out of the blue I'll suddenly get - new tabs opening up www lpcloudbox com asking me to 'please install the new video player' For each of those tabs a corresponding tab opens with the message Reported Web Forgery This web page at www lpmxp com has been reported as a web forgery and has been blocked based on your security preferences This doesn't happen when I click on a link or anything the tabs just open up as I'm scrolling down a page cnn bleeping computer - sites that I don't have any problems with when using my own computer This morning I was finally able to download install run Spybot S amp D on this laptop It found more toolbars than I knew existed and I elected to have it 'fix' the problems it found Spybot S amp D ran again after a reboot still showing problems but I didn't see where I could click to fix those Right now the only one of the original problems seems to be that Google Chrome still keeps resetting itself to use a proxy server This happens not only every time I restart Chrome but even every time I open a new tab Based on what I've found online it sounds like this is likely a result of some kind of infection so following is my current DDS log Thank you for any help DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by Owner at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated AD D -BA - C - - A AD B SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP avast Antivirus Enabled Updated ACCC CA - C - C - B -AFE D E FW avast Antivirus Disabled F FC -F D- D E- A E- DA C EAF Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exe C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files x Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Windows system ... Read more

A:Google Chrome requires continual manual reset of proxy settings

In case it's of any relevance, the two items that Spybot S&D is unable to fix are:

Delta.Toolbar
(SBI $ACF354C8) Program directory
C:\ProgramData\BrowserProtect\
and
Win32.BitGuard
(SBI $93F166B5) Program directory
C:\ProgramData\BitGuard\

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/537837/google-chrome-requires-continual-manual-reset-of-proxy-settings/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi forum and pc gurus My problem is specified down to my PSU at least I think so W Logisys PSU - maybe the quality has something to do with it I paid for it from NEW EGG I have A Gigabyte GA- P-DS Motherboard a Intel Core DUO Conroe GHz processor with heatsink and get I HELL! POWER FROM PC built HELP! custom power to on! cannot SUPPLY my Fan Sapphire ATI X Pro GIGS of WINTEC DDR PC RAM SATA Maxtor GIG HD inch SATA Gig HD and two DVD Burner Optical Drives both IDE I have it hooked up like this two Optical Drives connected to IDE connector cable which POWER SUPPLY FROM HELL! I cannot get my custom built PC to power on! HELP! is hooked into the IDE input on the motherboard both are set to slave Two CD outs connected one to each Optical Drives to one CD input on the motherboard Both HD s are connected to SATA inputs on the motherboard one is set for master one is set for slave I heard that it did not matter but wanted to state that anyway then my ATI RADEON X is hooked directly into my only PCI Xpress slot The power connectors are then all hooked into their respective inputs on the drives and Video Card ANd last but not least all the Power button and LED connectors are hooked into their input on the motherboard wich I set up exactly as the motherboard diagrams and directions directed I turned the switch on the PSU to on and I only got a faint mouse like squeek then nothing not even the fan So I figured it was DOA so I had newegg send me another I got it today installed it hooked all the power connectors to the hardware then popped the switch to on nothing again and the same little squeeky mouse like noise I have no idea what went wrong and this is my first custom built computer for me so any help would be great In relation I did not wear a ESD protective wristband but I did constantly touch metal to keep myself grounded but I couldnt rule out ESD to the motherboard I hope not but it is a possibility AND what is the possibility that both PSUs were DOA and what is the possibility that W is not enough to power my entire system THANKS GUYS FOR ANY HELP IN ADVANCE Oh and yeah I have it set to V nbsp

A:POWER SUPPLY FROM HELL! I cannot get my custom built PC to power on! HELP!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-supply-from-hell-i-cannot-get-my-custom-built-pc-to-power-on-help.584624/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,
I have a toshiba notebook satellite and I am trying to burn a DVD and/or CD to a external DVDRW drive.
Everytime I try I get the following alert:
Power on, reset or bus device reset occurred
I have an WIN XP SP2 Professional, and using Roxio and/or Nero for burning.

A:Power on, reset or bus device reset occurred

does it happen with both burning programs??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-on-reset-or-bus-device-reset-occurred.455037/
Relevancy 54.18%

Okay I've perused Custom All Themselves Reset Reboot on Settings the internet for a while now looking for an answer to this problem All Custom Settings Reset Themselves on Reboot several other people have had this problem but no one seems to have a helpful answer I recently bought a new computer off of Dell It's a Vostro I was really excited about this new computer because my old computer had become very slow and unable to handle newer pc games Anyway recently I have hit a problem that is making me want to move my old computer back out of the basement and hook it up again All of my custom settings reset themselves randomly when I reboot My Folder All Custom Settings Reset Themselves on Reboot View settings my application settings my file type association settings EVERYTHING goes back to system default and it's really starting to annoy I'm sure it is a problem with the All Custom Settings Reset Themselves on Reboot registry but I have made enough mistakes playing with the registry on my old computer to go about fiddling with it without guidance on my new pc Does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it I really need help on this one because it's driving me insane Many many thanks in advance

A:All Custom Settings Reset Themselves on Reboot

sounds like you have a corrupt profile.

create a new profile, change some settings, futz around a bit with backgrounds and explorer views and whatever else you want and reboot a few times. if those settings remain, your original profile is probably corrupt.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/all-custom-settings-reset-themselves-on-reboot-395701.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi all of you. Can you tell me why I can't reset custom settings to HIGH ? See pictures below:

and

and

I have to mention that I have scanned my machine with several antivirus, and they found nothing ... I also, reset all IE11 settings, none of my trials worked ... it is not possible to set custom settings to high ?
Thank you.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6a714b4d-9cad-4fb4-8624-e7c201a5b559/reset-custom-settings-to-high?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 54.18%

I use my own cursors, but Windows keeps resetting them to default. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the login screen or something, but it's getting really annoying.

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/47060-custom-cursors-regularly-reset.html
Relevancy 54.18%

My computer will not shut down with the "shut down" command. It goes to a screen with message "shutting down" then just sits there. I need to power off manually to shut it down. Once I reboot I can then shut down properly. But after some time of normal use I can't shut down. Are oine or more of my programs leaving some residual piece in place that doesn't stop when I close the program?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 530 @ 2.93GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 6007 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, -1316 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 939767 MB, Free - 832100 MB; G: Total - 953859 MB, Free - 714734 MB;
Motherboard: Gateway, FIH57
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

Hobler

A:Cannot shut down without doing manual power off.

May just be as simple as turning off wake on lan in networking. could we have you look in event viewer (type eventvwr in search) go to the windows logs>applications tab and look for errors, (red lin left hand column) looking for app hang, app crash, or anythingrelating to the hang. when you find the errors (there will be a bunch) note the event ID and source and relay them to us

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-shut-down-without-doing-manual-power-off.1028232/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi all of you. Can you tell me why I can't reset custom settings to HIGH ? I mean, I setup reset custom settings to high, hit OK, but when I come back, the combox show me previous settings: Medium-high (Default) ... See pictures below:

and

and

I have to mention that I have scanned my machine with several antivirus, and they found nothing ... I also, reset all IE11 settings, none of my trials worked ... it is not possible to set custom settings to high ?
Thank you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/391576-reset-custom-settings-high-ie11.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Having issues with Windows (installed programs are NOT displayed is control panel/ programs and features). When I got the notebook, it had 2 (visible) partitions, a C:\ with almost the entire HDD allocated to it, and a D:\ (Recovery) of about 30 GB. I have since created two more partitions and re-sized C:\.At present, I have C:\ ( 100GB), D:\ (The recovery partition, didn't monkey with it), E:\ (654GB), and F:\ (100GB). If I initiate a factory reset using the F11 key, or using the recovery disks I created, will it erase my E:\ and F:\ partitions and recreate a huge C:\ partition? Or will it leave E:\ and F:\ untouched, and just reset the OS in the C:\ partition (100GB)? Please answer, I have stuff in my other partitions which I cannot lose...Thanks.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Will a factory reset erase my custom partitions?

Hi: If you use either method, the hard drive will be reset to its 'out of the box' condition, so yes, you will lose the partitions and the data on them that you created.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Will-a-factory-reset-erase-my-custom-partitions/td-p/5595993
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi all,
For some reason my Vista machine takes 18 minutes from when the desktop arrears to when it can actually be used. Then all seems good. During that 18 minutes you can open the Windows Explorer but not move files, the ADSL connection and the data connection to the other computer is off, and AVG has no services running. Then it comes good and runs fine. All the things that I tried to do in that time happen.
Where do I start trying to solve this? The only thing I did recently was install Open Office.
Cheers
T.

Relevancy 53.32%

Right, so I am currently running a shop.
In this shop we have a Till with a batch file that looks like this:
net use t: /d
net use t: "\\drowers-b93d5a1"
On the computer we have a batch file that looks like this:
net use t: /d
net use t: "\\ipos\winxp"
Now for the problem.
When either of the batch files are clicked on this error occurs:
C:\>net use t: /d
The network connection could not be found.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2250.
C:\>net use t: "\\ipod\winxp"

This non functionality of the shops network is literately bringing my job to a very
swift end if this isn't corrected!
Please someone lend a hand & some advice on how to fix this!
I will reply as fast as i can to comments!
Cheers people!

Relevancy 53.32%

Hi ther I have a 3 1/2 year old custom built desktop thats very very sluggish and needs a complete wipe. I'm just after advice on how to do this as have never done it on a custom before! I have the original windows 7 discs and codes, my motherboard disc also. I don't know where to start and am a bit worried that if i do reset it that ill have to try find the drivers for my gfx card/speakers etc? is this the case or can i locate drivers once my OS is reinstalled? any advice welcome as really dont want to put my OS disc in the pc and completely destroy it! thanks x

A:Support/advice for a custom factory reset, have discs

To clean install:
1) Clean the HD Drive, using Step one in this tutorial:
SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation
than
2a) clean install with the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disk.
2b) Clean Install Windows 7
2c) UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with

Than install driver from

Quote:
my motherboard disc also.

Than check gigabyte website for up to date drivers.

Quote:
drivers for my gfx card

(nvidea 1gig)

Check here:
Latest NVIDIA ForceWare Video Drivers Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/347422-support-advice-custom-factory-reset-have-discs.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Recently I made my first custom mouse cursor Custom cursors mouse restart? reset upon to default scheme using the Microangelo Toolset I saved the scheme and applied it I also re-saved the theme as well i e background colors icons etc Custom mouse cursors reset to default upon restart? so that the mouse scheme would be associated with my current desktop theme Everything works fine until I restart my computer When I restart my desktop theme loads but not the mouse scheme If I right-click on the desktop and select personalize and then select a different theme and then switch back the cursor scheme loads But having to do this every time my computer Custom mouse cursors reset to default upon restart? starts up is annoying So I want to know what I need to do to get these custom cursors to load on start-up thanks in advance Edit Okay I just realized I was wrong about something When I restart and switch themes Custom mouse cursors reset to default upon restart? and then switch back only some of my custom cursors load Specifically my custom re-size i e horizontal vertical re-size etc cursors do not load instead the re-size cursors from one of the default schemes loads I think there might be some other one's that don't load also Edit Alright nevermind I got it working I had my custom cursors saved in my microangelo folder so I copied and pasted them into the windows default cursor folder C Computer Local Disk C Windows Cursors Then I went back to the pointers tab in the mouse properties window i e right-click desktop gt personalize gt Change mouse pointers I selected my scheme and then manually browsed to the new location for each cursor Then saved my scheme Then I went back to the personalization window and it said I had an unsaved theme so I saved my theme That's it works now

A:Custom mouse cursors reset to default upon restart?

ech..... that's good for you.. i have same problem. You just copied all your custom cursor folder to Windows/Cursors folder? i've tried to do this but it didn't helped me... Maybe it's becuz i have another custom cursor installed on my PC? O__o

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/175699-custom-mouse-cursors-reset-default-upon-restart.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi Over the last few weeks my computer performance has deteriorated consistently Virtual slow-till-nonreponsive computer Mem Hog... I think it is related to some kind of a virtual memory hog When I restart my machine it works reasonably well and my commit charge from Window Task Mgr is around Gd quite Virtual Mem Hog... slow-till-nonreponsive computer high to begin with Within several hours the commit charge grows to - Gb and my computer becomes almost non-responsive I have G of physical mem I have been suspecting for a while that this is a result of some malware I will greatly appreciate if someone would let me know how to pursue this problem Many thanks Here is my HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes E WINDOWS System smss exe E WINDOWS system csrss exe E WINDOWS system winlogon exe E WINDOWS system services exe E WINDOWS system lsass exe E WINDOWS system svchost exe E WINDOWS system svchost exe E WINDOWS System svchost exe E Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe E WINDOWS system svchost exe E WINDOWS system svchost exe E WINDOWS system svchost exe E Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe E Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe E WINDOWS system spoolsv exe E Program Files Extensis Extensis Suitcase Bonjour mDNSResponder exe E WINDOWS system svchost exe E Program Files ewido anti-spyware guard exe E Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe E Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe E WINDOWS system PLServ exe E Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exe E Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exe E WINDOWS Explorer EXE E WINDOWS system svchost exe E Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exe E program files asus AsusProb exe E PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe E Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe E Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe E Program Files Yapta YaptaClient exe E WINDOWS system rundll exe E WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe E Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe E Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe E WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE E WINDOWS system ctfmon exe E Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe E Program Files Audio SRS Labs Audio Sandbox SRSSSC exe E Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe E Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe E Program Files Uniblue RegistryBooster RegistryBooster exe E Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe E Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exe E Program Files eMule emule exe E Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe E Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe E Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe E Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe E WINDOWS System alg exe E Program Files Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exe E Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe E Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe E Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE E Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE E Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe E Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe E Program Files HJT HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www avast com i kat php lang eng R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - ... Read more

A:Virtual Mem Hog... slow-till-nonreponsive computer

The P2P programs you have installed expose you to risks because of the nature of the P2P file sharing process. File sharing/P2P programs rely on members giving and gaining unrestricted access to computers across the P2P network. This practice can make you vulnerable to data and identity theft. It also exposes you to very malicious worms and trojans. You change those risky default settings to a safer configuration but the act of downloading files from an anonymous source greatly increases your exposure to infection.

Go to add/remove programs and remove all P2P programs from your machine!
I would also suggest removing the Google stuff and ewido which is old and not updated any longer.

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.
Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.

Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop. alternate link 1 alternate link 2
Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
Double-click on Download_mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
On the Scanner tab:
Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
Then click on the Scan button.

If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below)
The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply with a new hijackthis log.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

Please do an online scan with Kaspersky WebScanner

Kaspersky online scanner uses JAVA tecnology to perform the scan. If you do not have the latest JAVA version, follow the instrutions below under Upgrading Java, to download and install the latest vesion.
Read through the requirements and privacy statement and click on Accept button.
It will start downloading and installing the scanner and virus definitions. You will be prompted to install an application from Kaspersky. Click Run.
When the downloads have finished, click on Settings.
Make sure the following is checked.
Spyware, Adware, Dialers, and other potentially dangerous programs
[*]Archives
[*]Mail databases

Click on My Computer under Scan.
Once the scan is complete, it will display the results. Click on View Scan Report.
You will see a list of infected items there. Click on Save Report As...... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virtual-mem-hog-slow-till-nonreponsive-computer.797151/
Relevancy 52.89%

PLEASE HELP When I log in my computer crashes or has the blue screen of DEATH within min I have so many errors I computer HELP my have again! till I know how I long - dont crashes dont know what to do I tried spybot and many others but the bugs wont allow them to complete When I do scans by computer crashes Now my cd burning software says it s been effected by the viruses and can t open So I can t transfer my files that way I really just want to fix these bugs Trojans malware I have ALOT of things on my computer that I need and it will take days to transfer PLEASE HELP Thank you MaryStartupList report PMStartupList version Started from C Documents and HELP - I dont know how long I have till my computer crashes again! Settings Tim Gathany Desktop Mary HijackThis EXEDetected Windows XP SP WinNT Detected Internet Explorer v SP Using default options Including empty and uninteresting sections Showing rarely important sections Running processes C Windows System smss exeC Windows system csrss exeC Windows system winlogon exeC Windows system services exeC Windows system lsass exeC Windows system svchost exeC Windows system HELP - I dont know how long I have till my computer crashes again! svchost exeC Windows System svchost exeC Windows system svchost exeC Windows system svchost exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system SVCHOST exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exeC Windows system spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Windows dhcp svchost exeC WINDOWS system gearsec exeC Windows system svchost exeC Windows system sopidkc exeC Windows system svchost exeC WINDOWS system wdfmgr exeC WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exeC WINDOWS system wbem unsecapp exeC Windows system wscntfy exeC WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exeC Windows System alg exe globalroot C Windows system rundll exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC Windows system rundll exeC Windows System reader s exeC Documents and Settings HELP - I dont know how long I have till my computer crashes again! Tim Gathany reader s exeC Windows System svchost exeC Program Files Last fm LastFM exeC Documents and Settings Tim Gathany Desktop Mary HijackThis exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe--------------------------------------------------Listing of startup folders Shell folders Startup C Documents and Settings Tim Gathany Start Menu Programs Startup ChkDisk dllChkDisk lnk Shell folders AltStartup Folder not found User shell folders Startup Folder not found User shell folders AltStartup Folder not found Shell folders Common Startup C Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs Startup No files Shell folders Common AltStartup Folder not found User shell folders Common Startup Folder not found User shell folders Alternate Common Startup Folder not found --------------------------------------------------Checking Windows NT UserInit HKLM Software Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Winlogon UserInit userinit exe C Windows system ntos exe HKLM Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Winlogon Registry key not found HKCU Software Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Winlogon Registry value not found HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Winlogon Registry key not found --------------------------------------------------Autorun entries from Registry HKLM Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion RunEPSON Stylus Photo R Series Copy C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIAIA EXE P quot EPSON Stylus Photo R Series Copy quot O quot USB quot M quot Stylus Photo R quot Auto Auto EPSON Stylus Photo R Series on ZYZ-DF AB E C on QUEENMACHINE C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIAIA EXE P quot Auto Auto EPSON Stylus Photo R Series on ZYZ-DF AB E C on QUEENMACHINE quot O quot QUEENMACHINE AutoEPSO quot M quot Stylus Photo R quot TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootsvchost exe quot C Windows system SVCHO... Read more

A:HELP - I dont know how long I have till my computer crashes again!

Hello and welcome .. First Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malicious sites can use to exploit and infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update:Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) Version 6 and save it to your desktop.Look for "Java Runtime Environment (JRE)" JRE 6 Update 13.Click the Download button to the right.Select your Platform: "Windows".Select your Language: "Multi-language".Read the License Agreement, and then check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".Click Continue and the page will refresh.Under Required Files, check the box for Windows Offline Installation, click the link below it and save the file to your desktop.Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel, double-click on Add/Remove Programs and remove all older versions of Java.Check (highlight) any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.Click the Remove or Change/Remove button and follow the onscreen instructions for the Java uninstaller.Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u13-windows-i586-p.exe to install the newest version.-- If using Windows Vista and the installer refuses to launch due to insufficient user permissions, then Run As Administrator.-- If you choose to update via the Java applet in Control Panel, uncheck the option to install the Toolbar unless you want it.-- The uninstaller incorporated in this release removes previous Updates 10 and above, but does not remove older versions, so they still need to be removed manually.Note: The Java Quick Starter (JQS.exe) adds a service to improve the initial startup time of Java applets and applications. To disable the JQS service if you don't want to use it, go to Start > Control Panel > Java > Advanced > Miscellaneous and uncheck the box for Java Quick Starter. Click Ok and reboot your computer.Next run MBAM:Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (v1.36) and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2If you have a previous version of MBAM, remove it via Add/Remove Programs and download a fresh copy.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install. Alternatively, you can update through MBAM's interface from a clean computer, copy the definitions (rules.ref) located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from that system to a usb stick or CD and then copy it to the infected machine.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that e... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/223597/help-i-dont-know-how-long-i-have-till-my-computer-crashes-again/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey everybody I don't think this is a virus so I'm posting it here it turns out to be we can close or move the thread Anyway here's the deal I visited this forum and got rid of the Reset &amp; Icons [SOLVED] Custom Hidden Folder Views virus on my parents' computer last month no signs of further infection Just two things are left that is irritating Going to Folder Options and setting the hidden files to quot view quot works only so long as the computer is on A safe shutdown or reboot causes the view to reset In a similar vein the custom icons for quot Shortcuts quot and regular folders constantly reset their pictures Some of the folders even seem [SOLVED] Hidden Folder Views &amp; Custom Icons Reset to be linked if I change the custom picture of one it automatically changes the other to the same Even if I want them to be different So what's the deal and how can I fix this Ex I have a Shortcut to Wallpaper C Windows Web Wallpaper The [SOLVED] Hidden Folder Views &amp; Custom Icons Reset shortcut shows a picture of my sister that I put under My Pictures recently Except being a shortcut it doesn't even have an option for quot Properties Customize quot like a regular folder I created I tried going quot Change Icon quot but the picture of her won't disappear or change I even deleted the shortcut and made a whole new one the exact same picture of Jen pops up as the icon nd Ex Custom Folders I've got two brand-new folders for dividing up my set of scripts I'm a writer under My Documents I [SOLVED] Hidden Folder Views &amp; Custom Icons Reset used quot Properties Customize quot to give them each a separate picture so I could tell them apart at a glance I shut off both windows and did something else then attempted to reopen the folders Both folders now showed the same picture from My Pictures and neither was the one I chose to start with Changing the one pic automatically changes the other folder to the same pic they will not accept separate pictures I took all the files out of those folders and made brand-new folders Same exact picture I don't want pops up and they link together again Very frustrating Any help would be greatly appreciated Keith

A:[SOLVED] Hidden Folder Views &amp; Custom Icons Reset

Hi Keith,

I've moved this thread back to Virus/Trojan Help.

I'd like to see a new dds.scr and gmer log. Follow the instructions here New Instructions - Read This Before Posting for Malware Removal Help and post the requested logs in your next reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/solved-hidden-folder-views-and-amp-custom-icons-reset-641785.html
Relevancy 52.46%

My PC updated Windows yesterday afternoon quot Cumulative Update for Windows Version for x -based Systems KB custom file to associations Last all update to reset caused defaults quot After rebooting it completely screwed all my custom file associations mostly for media files photos audio and video A few minutes after the reboot the Action Center started firing popups at me one after the other every few seconds quot An app default was reset An app caused a problem with the default setting for avi files so it was reset to Films amp TV quot with a different file extension for each popup avi bmp mp and so on Even pdf files were changed from Adobe Reader to Microsoft Edge As well all Last update caused all custom file associations to reset to defaults my custom context menu items for these same file types were also deleted I spent a lot of time setting these associations up and now they were all obliterated I'd backed them all up in a reg file but running it didn't do anything So with a heavy and angry sigh I started manually changing the associations back to the way I had them However each time I finished making a change within seconds the Action Center would fire the same message as before at me for the file type I'd just changed and it would be reset back to the MS default again Finally in exasperation I just used System Restore to go back before the updates and that solved the problem Now the Action Center keeps nagging me to set a time to reinstall this same update I know I can't block it indefinitely and there are probably important security patches in it I should have So the question is How can I stop it from f'ing up my file associations again A Google search indicated others were having this same issue but so far no one's figured out how to stop it

A:Last update caused all custom file associations to reset to defaults

Hi, seemed to have affected photos/images for me.
It's often worth being familiar with the many Tutorials (see above)

To save and restore associations:
Default App Associations - Export and Import for New Users in Windows - Windows 10 Forums

So you could save your associations, let the update install, restore your associations

Let us know if it works. Thanks.

(& To suppress an update (FYI):
Windows Updates - Hide or Show in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
)

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/40373-last-update-caused-all-custom-file-associations-reset-defaults.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello i have a HP G60-447Cl notebook that came with Vista Home Premium and I ran a hard drive test from the HP setup utility which failed at 82% which i was kind of expecting but when i hit <esc> to back out my screen froze where it was at and when i tried to hold the power/reset button to shut it down nothing happens.My battery is non-removable so that option is out. Short of just lettting the battery run out I have no clue how to turn it off. Does any one know of any thing that can help me or have a theory as to what caused this in the first place.

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3134650/power-reset-button-wont-power-motebook.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey everyone I have an Acer Aspire laptop it is fairly old but had no problems besides a broken DC jack and depleted battery prior to power Laptop boot outage/manual after won't shutdown this There was a power outage one night and I turned off my laptop by holding down the power button because the battery was completely depleted and it would have just died anyway When the power came back on I went to turn on my laptop and nothing The screen does not come on at all nor does it show on an external monitor The hdd light does not flash but the fan starts up and the lights for the charger and battery also show One thing to note is that it will power up shut down then about a minute later powers up again on it s own My external Laptop won't boot after power outage/manual shutdown usb mouse and keyboard don t respond when plugged in and neither does the built in keyboard i e pressing num lock caps lock etc I ve tried just about everything in my ability to fix it Laptop won't boot after power outage/manual shutdown taking the battery out and removing the power supply and holding the power button for x amount of seconds Nothing has helped I can t afford to get it repaired so I have to do it myself so I m asking for any help possible Thank you in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-boot-after-power-outage-manual-shutdown.1018336/
Relevancy 52.46%

I switched a sus AZN266-vm.aa fron one case to another.

It was working before the switch but now it doesn't power up.

I am wondering if I have the power led, reset, and other switches properly configured but I cannot find a manual or diagram on the web. The little letters on the board are really hard to read.

Does anyone know where to download a manual. I couldn't find one on Asus for some reason.

Or any ideas. I reseated the mobo once already.

A:Asus azn266-vm/aa power up configuration-where to download manual

Look HERE

Select product(i.e motherboard) select socket(i.e socketA(462)) Select model(i.e A7n266-VM/AA) click search, then click on the manual tab.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-azn266-vm-aa-power-up-configuration-where-to-download-manual.44934/
Relevancy 52.46%

My computer has been going through this phase upon restart where it will BSOD around every 30 min for a couple days, then all of a sudden will be fine untill the next restart. I am running a ASUS laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium that I have had for about 2 years. I uploaded the latest .dmp file, I can upload more if necessary. I appreciate any help, and please let me know if you need more information. Thank you!

A:Computer BSOD every 30 minutes, then is fine till next restart?

Your crash was triggered by AsDsm.sys, a driver part of Asus Data Security Manager Driver.
Update or remove that software.

The Asus ATK0101 ACPI UTILITY needs to be updated too.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download

Code:
ASMMAP64.sys fffff880`02835000 fffff880`0283c000 0x00007000 0x45c63998 04/02/2007 23:52:56

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1e)
This is a very common bugcheck. Usually the exception address pinpoints
the driver/function that caused the problem. Always note this address
as well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address.
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffffffc0000005, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: fffff8800121b039, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Parameter 0 of the exception
Arg4: ffffffffffffffff, Parameter 1 of the exception

Debugging Details:
------------------
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

FAULTING_IP:
fltmgr!GetContextFromStreamList+99
fffff880`0121b039 488b4820 mov rcx,qword ptr [rax+20h]

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER1: 0000000000000000

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER2: ffffffffffffffff

READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80002f12100
ffffffffffffffff

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1E

PROCESS_NAME: ccsvchst.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002d2dd88 to fffff80002ce31c0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`07680498 fffff800`02d2dd88 : 00000000`0000001e ffffffff`c0000005 fffff880`0121b039 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`076804a0 fffff800`02ce2842 : fffff880`07680c78 00000000`00000000 fffff880`07680d20 fffffa80`04112f10 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x48d3d
fffff880`07680b40 fffff800`02ce114a : fffff6fc`c00f1a00 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff8a0`0d1111b2 : nt!KiExceptionDispatch+0xc2
fffff880`07680d20 fffff880`0121b039 : fffffa80`08637be0 00000000`00000000 fffff880`07680f60 fffff880`0121aaae : nt!KiGeneralProtectionFault+0x10a
fffff880`07680eb0 fffff880`01225dbe : fffffa80`04112ec0 fffff880`07680fe8 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`08637be0 : fltmgr!GetContextFromStreamList+0x99
fffff880`07680f30 fffff880`0126b052 : fffffa80`04112ec0 fffffa80`044e5a60 fffff8a0`04963c70 00000000`00000000 : fltmgr!FltGetStreamContext+0x3e
fffff880`07680f60 fffff880`012631fd : fffffa80`044e5a60 fffff880`07680fd8 fffff880`076810d0 00000000`00000000 : fileinfo!FIStreamGet+0x52
fffff880`07680fd0 fffff880`01218067 : fffffa80`08637c80 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`08793b30 00000000`00000000 : fileinfo!FIPreReadWriteCallback+0x185
fffff880`07681080 fffff880`0121a82d : fffffa80`044e5a00 fffff880`07681603 fffff880`07681600 fffffa80`044e5a00 : fltmgr!FltpPerformPreCallbacks+0x2f7
fffff880`07681180 fffff880`01238630 : fffffa80`04c0f410 00000000`00000000 fffff880`07681330 00000000`00000018 : fltmgr!FltpPassThroughFastIo+0x4d
fffff880`076811c0 fffff880`0127c784 : 00000000`00000000 fffff880`0304dfb8 fffff880`0304dd98 fffffa80`044e5a60 : fltmgr!FltpFastIoRead+0x1d0
fffff880`07681260 00000000`00000000 : fffff880`0304dfb8 fffff880`0304dd98 fffffa80`044e5a60 fffff8a0`00000000 : AsDsm+0x6784
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
fileinfo!FIStreamGet+52
fffff880`0126b052 8bd8 mov ebx,eax

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 6

SYMBOL_NAME: fileinfo!FIStreamGet+52

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: fileinfo

IMAGE_NAME: fileinfo.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4a5bc481

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1E_fileinfo!FIStreamGet+52

BUCKET_ID: ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/241173-computer-bsod-every-30-minutes-then-fine-till-next-restart.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello hope someone can help me solve this issue Recently I have experienced that my computer C drive has filled up by it self randomly I have around GB free of space but it will fill up bye itself till almost and give me a warning that i have low disk space I went in the C drive and check the usage of the folders in there they were using the same amount of space as there still GB left I couldn't located the space that is filled up Sometimes the free spaces come back when I restart I then use WinDirStat I found out that the pagefile sys and hiberfil sys is using up the space Also the ram does the same thing I have gig ram normally it wouldn't go more than but now up till computer crash. memory and Ram itself filled by Harddrive it would fill up to and make everything freez Harddrive and Ram memory filled up by itself till computer crash. then crash the computer this is all happening recently There is two dllhost exe running and one of them use all the ram till it filled up even if i closed it it will come back again It didn't ever happen to me until last week my friend has to do an online test from a bank and that time I had to turn off my kaspersky to allow it to access I turned kaspersky on immidetaly after she done the test but a few days later this problem appear I am not sure if its virus or just hardware failure I scan with malwarebytes and superantispyware also kaspersky and ESET online scanner they Harddrive and Ram memory filled up by itself till computer crash. all found nothing Please if someone can give me some Idea i would be very thankful

A:Harddrive and Ram memory filled up by itself till computer crash.

Please download MiniToolBox, and save it to your desktop and run it, and checkmark the following checkboxes:Flush DNSReport IE Proxy SettingsReset IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsReset FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/513537/harddrive-and-ram-memory-filled-up-by-itself-till-computer-crash/
Relevancy 52.46%

I was in the middle of just doing some random stuff when my daemon tools stopped working so i went into taskmanager to get rid of it, then my comp froze, no biggie, so i just reset the comp,

now it sits at the windows xp loading screen with the blue bars going back and forth. any ideas plz?

A:Computer only runs till Windows loading screen

safe mode -> uninstall daemon tools -> restart -> Come back and tell us what happend

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-only-runs-till-windows-loading-screen.58351/
Relevancy 52.46%

I went to take a look at a Dell Dimension C pictured below The power switch on the front doubles as till then the second, a powers slowly and off. down very fans up spin for Computer a power light which was blinking a steady on-off-on-off When you pressed the button you could hear the CPU heatsink spin up slow down gradually until eventually it wasn t spinning at all While the fan is spinning down the light adds an additional blinking in almost looks like it hard drive activity The entire time nothing appears on the monitor You can hear the hard drive spin up when you hit the power button but it s brief Computer powers up for a second, and then the fans very slowly spin down till off. and spins back down pretty quickly From the moment you press the power button till the time it s finally powered down about or seconds goes by Part of me is leaning towards this being a power supply issue It s not your standard power supply but a long slim one which I really can t see how to remove properly The inside of the computer had a moderate amount of dust built up and after thoroughly blowing it the same problem persisted For what it s worth I took a video with my cell phone of what happens after you press the power button GP format inside a zip file nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-powers-up-for-a-second-and-then-the-fans-very-slowly-spin-down-till-off.793028/
Relevancy 52.03%

Just joined this forum because im having problems with a new system I order the PSU from newegg its a Kingwin ATB W the specs on newegg listed the V A max the V A max web doesnt match Kingwin manual site!!! up power supply with help... This is the same for the kingwin web site NOW upon looking at the owners manual a little more closely i noticed it only has the V rail listed at A and the V listed at A AND WHAT IS EVEN MORE SURPRISING is that you can tell in the manual that a sticker has been placed over the specs from what was there before i can see right through it too the max amps for the rails underneath the sticker match right up with what is on the web site ive tried calling kingwin but i cant tell what the hell the guy is saying i talked to him yesterday and he had to go and he never called me back ive been calling all morning with no answer anyone heard of this nbsp

A:Kingwin power supply help... manual doesnt match up with web site!!!

So what is your point? Does the power supply work? Kingwin is not a good choice to begin with. Were you trying to go as cheap as you could find?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/kingwin-power-supply-help-manual-doesnt-match-up-with-web-site.83353/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi guys new to this forum My comp specs follows M board biostarTh b HD t seiries board Intel i CPu ghz Crosair Memory gb dual channel DDr CMV GX M A C Raidmax mod Rx - k power supply Segatge Barracuda HD please let me know if there is more info I should have for specs If I can explain properly is as follows When the computer is shut down for a period of time usually left over night upon rebooting pressing the on switch it brings me to the start up repair start normal screen If i repair or start normal i am sent to a loop that usually send me cut Required 64bit for startup..(HELP) Windows normal Power Manual 7 back to repair srt normal screen after Tseries board screen If i manual cut Windows 7 64bit Manual Power cut Required for normal startup..(HELP) power at power supply and restart the computer it usually will restart without a hitch This means i must manually click the power button on the back of computer on the power supply or Windows 7 64bit Manual Power cut Required for normal startup..(HELP) unplug computer from wall I have tried to check memory when i start at the bios screen by pressing i believe f for me and the check has not found anything wrong The computer usually runs flawlessly when i have it running but I have had a couple of blue screens I have recently wiped the hard drive and done a full new re intsall of windows bit and that has not seemed to solve any of the problems I hope someone can help me or knows if this could be a certain kind of problem so that I can eliminate things that it def is not Thanks everyone in advance and please feel free to ask me to post more info as I am a real newb when it comes to this stuff

A:Windows 7 64bit Manual Power cut Required for normal startup..(HELP)

have a read threw this thread...it may shed some light on the subject for you.

Stuck on Startup Repair Screen. Keeps looping.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/239551-windows-7-64bit-manual-power-cut-required-normal-startup-help.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Basically, everyday when I turn on my computer, it boots up then gives a DISK FAILURE and says INSERT BOOT CD. Now, if I restart right after that, my hard drive instantly reappears and everything loads just fine. I've tried going into the bios to set my boot preferences, however, my hard drive continues to disappear everyday when I start up for the first time.

Any ideas?

Also, I don't know if this will help but, I used to only run Windows XP on let's say hard drive A, but now I wiped hard drive A and now I am currently dual booting Windows 7 Professional and Windows XP on hard drive B and just use hard drive A for extra storage. Hard drive B is not recognized by the system unless I restart it after the initial boot.

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi all I built a PC for the first time a few weeks ago I didn't think I'd be able to do it but it booted up on my first shot Here are the components I used Image of Newegg cart the only difference is I used an XFX instead of a Sapphire The problems started soon after I started attempting to always Custom occasionally no Not BSOD. on video games, rendering, reason. PC hangs play games on it Starcraft II runs perfectly fine I have never had a crash with it GTA IV had some problems- it'd hang after minutes of gameplay about Crysis would last a little longer and then also hang Battlefield Bad Company wouldn't load a map Amnesia The Dark Descent played perfectly My drivers were all up to date and I'm a very good computer user I usually know what's going on When it did hang it was a total utter hang Not a program crash The PC would become unresponsive with restarting being the only option Custom PC hangs on games, video rendering, occasionally no reason. Not always BSOD. The cursor wouldn't move The power-light on the keyboard went Custom PC hangs on games, video rendering, occasionally no reason. Not always BSOD. out Same thing with the mouse laser after a few seconds Restarting was the only option Occasionally it'd bluescreen but of the Custom PC hangs on games, video rendering, occasionally no reason. Not always BSOD. time it was simply a hang Anyway I found out a little later that I was really stupid when I put it together because I had put the CPU fan on incorrectly It wasn't latched all the way down So I latched the thing on correctly and immediately got better CPU temperatures And GTA IV stopped crashing This was about five days ago Crysis also stopped crashing Everything looked like it was fixed and then I started trying to render videos two days ago in Sony Vegas I was able to render three minute HD videos Then on the fourth it hung quot Oh well quot I thought quot Maybe the problem is still fading away quot So I restarted and began the render again It hung again Same hang as from the games complete and utter shutdown The third time I ran Core Temp along with Vegas to see if I was overheating It hung again but the CPU temp was celsius Not overheating temps Then games started hanging again Minecraft hung which it had never done before I unfortunately hadn't the chance to check GTA IV or Crysis or Starcraft II-- I haven't had the time But I will do so immediately after submitting this post I read the BSOD-posting instructions from here So I followed the instructions And ran the File Collection App It hung Here's an image of the hang http i imgur com mcnvw jpg It was frozen just like that I'm gonna submit it now and edit this in two seconds just so I don't hang right now and lose all this typing Ok back Haha So anyway the best I could do was to attach the resource monitor results Everything green except security I think it's complaining because I don't have auto-update enabled I have it ask me before installing first Stupid whiny windows I have Microsoft Security Essentials as my AV I guess now I should post some BSOD dumps I'll try and figure out how to do that and then return here in a moment Back Sort-of good news Apparently the BSOD file collection app managed to get some results before it crashed So I attached what it got It crashed right there in the picture but it still got some results I'm also going to run Memtest or whatever is recommended for that and I'll be back with the results soon

A:Custom PC hangs on games, video rendering, occasionally no reason. Not always BSOD.

Ok, the edit button seems to have disappeared, so this update is going here.

I ran MemTest86 and it hung fairly quickly. Here's the screen:
http://i.imgur.com/ysRev.jpg

Also, by recommendation, I ran the Windows 7 driver verifier. I followed all the instructions, rebooted, and....nothing happened. I noticed nothing different on my PC. No messages, nothing. So I opened up a command prompt window and put in "verifier /query," and it gave me a whole bunch of stuff, so I just told it to "verifier /restart," and then rebooted again, just so I knew it wasn't still running.

Again, let me repeat: Driver Verifier found/did absolutely nothing. It restarted perfectly normally, with no interruptions or anything. I'm going to upload my dump file, though...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/custom-pc-hangs-on-games-video-rendering-occasionally-no-reason-not-always-bsod-554098.html
Relevancy 51.17%

This happened EVERY DAY. I have my PC set to turn off automatically at 1 AM. If I leave it on all day then the next morning I'll come to it and it'll just have the desktop there and none of the icons or ctrl alt del or even pressing the power button will work. I have to hard reset. It's screwing up my drives!

Now, I have a lot of money riding on the stuff on my storage drives and this is really messing me up. I am thinking I need to build a whole new system because the stuff on my drives is not anything to mess around with. I have them all backed up on several clouds and NASes just in case. I don't have a crash report or BSOD to report.

I did have problems with blue screening a few months ago but that since stopped. Should I just build a new system?

A:After 6 hours, the PC just hangs and I have to hard reset

Additional information is required.

1. Download the DM Log Collector application to your desktop by clicking the link below

DM Log Collector.exe

2. Run it by double-clicking the icon on your desktop, and follow the prompts.
3. Locate the .ZIP file that is created on your desktop, and upload it here in your next reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/363581-after-6-hours-pc-just-hangs-i-have-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 51.17%

built a new system evga i MB GB patriot ddr evga gt w intel core quad Q ghz corsair w PS WD TB HDD XP pro sp generally the system boots and functions but will hang randomly example was watching netflix quot play instantly quot movie hung once but not after reboot watched episodes in a row of Dexter no problems at all but days later went to do another episode and it hung then performed reboot gymnatics I ll explain and immediatly hung again also hung just writing an email also hung playing youtube clip but after reboot played fine also hung on reset system and bios hangs online flash game as to quot reboot gymnastics quot when it system hangs and bios reset hangs i will use reset switch but on POST i get a quot no PS mouse error quot I also have no KB control I cannot access delete ctrl or esc I reset w the MB jumper and now I have KB but I get floppy error After entering BIOS and disabling floppy everything is fine until the next time further complications this problem has persisted even though I have replaced the memory with new sticks replaced the video card originally a bfg gt replaced the processor originally a core duo ghz replaced the MB replaced the HDD what the heck right originally a GB i replaced them one at a time except for the video card MB HDD gas for a trip to fry s is roundtrip Each time no improvement except for the MB video HDD replacement when I replaced those XP installed smoothly w o a hitch originally installing XP was full of hangs and also during boot up usually at the windows splash screen or just prior to splash However the prob still persists all the drivers are current i have not installed any other software on the system yet because well why should i OK it does have latest IE and windows media player I took the system to a repair shop PC club if you must know the guy said on a cursory inspection that it all looked put together OK but before I pay him I should try a couple of things however to no avail The only thing left to replace is the PS I saw another poster say this behavior can be explained by a undervoltage PS rail Is this the only possible explanation despite all of the above the system will hum quietly along for days w o prob as long as I don t touch it Also no trouble playing CDs with media player no other video card issues Thanks in advance for the help nbsp

A:system hangs and bios reset

one advice your PSU seems very low for that kind of specs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-hangs-and-bios-reset.736942/
Relevancy 51.17%

I made the virus at Easy Virus Creator google it to know what i mean I thought the virus would be downloaded so i can easily put it on my VM but it directly installs the virus and now my computer is infected accidentally a me! i my made myself, contaminations only is have 5 installed till virus help killed. I I computer Because I was so dumb I made contaminations till activation to and i set it to I accidentally installed a virus i made myself, help me! I only have 5 contaminations till my computer is killed. corrupt all files R I P Acer Aspire PLEASE HELP i am going to cry now Do you have an idea where Easy Virus Creator saves the installed malware BTW does it work on Vista How to remove it EDIT -Aug- Sorry if I posted this in the wrong location Forgot to say Thank you in advance I use K Antivirus and scan using Panda ActiveScan to security OS Windows Vista Home Premium GB ram I accidentally installed a virus i made myself, help me! I only have 5 contaminations till my computer is killed. CPU GHz Thank you in advance This is my last computer I get - - - if that one will break i will have no choices anymore me really EDIT -Aug- I did this because I thought that I could download the virus save it on my computer and throw it in VPC

A:I accidentally installed a virus i made myself, help me! I only have 5 contaminations till my computer is killed.

With the information you have provided I believe you will need help from the malware removal team. I would like you to start a new thread and post a DDS log HERE and include a link to this thread. Please make sure that you read the information about getting started before you start your thread.It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient. Help is on the way!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/336974/i-accidentally-installed-a-virus-i-made-myself-help-me-i-only-have-5-contaminations-till-my-computer-is-killed/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello I've been following tutorial here and on Technet since last year when Windows decided to do an auto-update on my old laptop which hastened its demise Since then I've bought a new laptop Originally with Windows until it suffered the Auto-Update fate of it's predecessor that I've half heartedly made a custom Windows image for but just wanted to ask here to see if I'm on the right track for what I want do do My goal was to replicate the best as I can what the Laptop would have been like had the OEM originally put Windows Pro on to it Install, Custom Multiple Image, W10Pro, Reset Button Push Disk, Clean with the correct drivers and software but with a change to hardware configuration to move the 'Users' folder to another Disk while the OS was installed on another I'm getting ready to start my studies again and wanted to get my laptop running correctly and W10Pro, Custom Image, Clean Install, Multiple Disk, Push Button Reset not have any incidents similar to last year that ended up trashing my assignments I've been on the phone to Microsoft already amp also had remote support but I am slowly beginning to lose my trust if not already because it took a tech hours to get me a link to a Windows ISO that worked after telling him I didn't want Windows installed on the current laptop he was remotely connected to and that was after W10Pro, Custom Image, Clean Install, Multiple Disk, Push Button Reset he gave me the link I gave him that didn't work and also W10Pro, Custom Image, Clean Install, Multiple Disk, Push Button Reset just before he tried to push Windows on to the laptop that I told him I didn't want Windows installed on to and I also threatened to ask for a refund for the Professional edition I had just bought Not only that but I had another tech tell me my Academic license was basically a perpetual key that could activate multiple computers with Windows Pro and I also had Senior technicians blow their mind when they connected to both my tablet transformer book and my laptop to find they were using the exact same retail key with my transformer book losing it's original OEM key I also had a lengthy conversation swearing mostly with them after Candy Crush decided to install itself on to the Professional Edition We then found out that any created newly Microsoft account will automatically 'Own' the Candy Crush app in the Windows Store amp I told them that it was unacceptable Hearing the the anniversay build will enable you to hide all that junk in the Windows store I wanted to get my set up working properly without intervention from anyone at the call centre because I simply do not trust them anymore Here is a more detailed list of my hardware and what I'm trying to do amp things I have experienced so far Laptop Disk - Needs to be the NVMe Disk If I do a reset with multiple disks partitioning may or may not be done on this disk on the PCIE slot but on the Disk that is currently connected to SATA Is there a way for me to do a clean install and specify that the OS must go on to the NVMe Disk I thought about trying to tell the installation to check which controller the drive is in and select the NVME but I don't know how to do that I also thought about trying to compare drive sizes and tell the installation to carry out the partition script on the drive that is the smaller of the two NVME GB SATA GB but I don't know how to do that either Or Do I really need to do an installation with only one drive connected because Disk - Is the disk where 'Users' folder will be located Previously I have successfully installed W and W with two drives and moved the Users folder during installation however I did not need to specify a disk as they were both the same I'm following tutorials here OEM deployment of Windows for desktop editions But since first starting this project repair in August last year the tutorials at the MSDN site have referred tutorials to multiple programs from the ADK DISM Windows ICD Windows SIM and this year I came across on... Read more

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/56040-w10pro-custom-image-clean-install-multiple-disk-push-button-reset.html
Relevancy 50.74%

hello.
brand new here with no issues other than the header.

i was resetting windows 10 home as i "was selling said laptop" and it hung at 17% and proceeded to stay there for around 7 hours. i restarted the machine and its now stuck at the Samsung logo. i can get into the BIOS but im not a tech. is there a setting i may access to set me on my way or is my motherboard most likely dead or dying?
i downloaded iso of win 10 from the windows site to usb flash and dvd but par for course, its not reading from either media.

any help at all is greatly appreciated.

heres the system as i know it minus the motherboard as best buy upgraded it while under warranty and didn't forward documentation for new board.

Samsung NP-300E5E
2.6GHz Intel Core i5-3230M
8 gb
intel hd 4000
bios ver: p08rbd
windows 10 home

thanks.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/66607-win-10-reset-stuck-17-now-hangs-samsung-logo.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm stuck at 99% since 10pm sunday night it's now Tuesday and it's still at 99% first it said one minute to go then when i look it went back up to 5 minutes then i notice that every few hours one more minutes go on it so it's been like 3 days at 99% and still counting don't want to reboot are anything so im hanging in there and see

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/System-Recovery-factory-reset-hangs-at-99/td-p/5664243
Relevancy 50.74%

Long story short windows would no longer boot it woul run the startup recovery but fail with error and never fix the problem nbsp Had to use system recovery partition to do a System / hangs at factory reset 99% Recovery - factory reinstall of windows System Recovery / factory reset - hangs at 99% the restore to out of the box state option But the system System Recovery / factory reset - hangs at 99% recovery hangs at complete for hours nbsp I have tried the system recovery to out of the box state times and it System Recovery / factory reset - hangs at 99% always hangs at saying minute remaining After a manual forced shutdown the pc boots with missing bootmgr nbsp I have also tried running bootrec fixboot from windows recovery cdrom Aslo tried running system startup recovery from the recovery cdrom and have a black window popup with the following errors D windows bfsvc exeBFSCC BfspCopyFile D Windows boot PCAT pt-BR bootmgr exe mui GLOBALROOT Device HarddiskVolume Boot pt-BR bootmgr exe mui failed Attempt of Last Error x d nbsp BFSCC BfspCopyFile D Windows boot PCAT pt-BR bootmgr exe mui GLOBALROOT Device HarddiskVolume Boot pt-BR bootmgr exe mui failed Attempt of Last Error x d nbsp Any Ideas nbsp nbsp

A:System Recovery / factory reset - hangs at 99%

Did you ever get an answer. Same problem here. Been at 99% for an hour now.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/System-Recovery-factory-reset-hangs-at-99/td-p/1343601
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop on updates Windows 7 hangs reset factory L D-S It was a great little Windows 7 laptop factory reset hangs on updates laptop for a few years then it became very slow I had actually turned it off and put it away for a few months because I didn't feel like messing with it Well I got it out and ended up doing a factory reset on it At a certain stage of the update process the CPU would peg at and stay there and quot looking for updates quot would lock forever looking Well looked around on the net and it's a known issue Downloaded a patch update for the update client and it seemed to fix the issue It found and downloaded about more updates and the CPU was no longer pegged at Great news right Wrong As it is updating it hangs up on about update and nothing more happens Just keeps quot installing updates quot stuck on in perpetuity I know patience grasshopper let it keep going I did so for over hours still stuck on update I have tried interrupting the updates and am unable to do so In fact that was yesterday Just now opened it to get the specs and still stuck on This is the second time I have tried to reset the computer The first time I did a hard shut down and when I turned the computer back on the CPU was once again pegged at and wouldn't install the rest of the updates Here's the specs Toshiba Satellite L D Windows Home Premium bit AMD Sempron SI- mhz GB RAM I'd Windows 7 laptop factory reset hangs on updates appreciate any help you can offer

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-7-a/129415-windows-7-laptop-factory-reset-hangs-updates.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I recently installed windows blinds i made my PC look awesome with a Windows Vista theme i came back on today and my theme was gone windows blinds somehow had a missing dll one program had completley vanished all of my quick launch buttons that are in the start menu are gone my custom tool bars were gone my icons were all put in a curtain order and not the way i Reset, Reinstalled? And Program Single Or Computer Reset Registrey> Every layed them out when i go into program files it says that showing this data might harm the pc or something like that the thing it says when you first go in there for the first time and you have to click on quot Show quot it Computer Reset, And Every Single Program Reinstalled? Or Reset Registrey> is saying that i am not admin when i am my close and minimize and maximize buttons are small and wont go big even when i change the setting i cant get a wallpaper to go on background it just stays blue This quot is now when it was in the right place it seems like my whole operating system has just been reinstalled WHAT THE HAS SOMEONE DONE TO IT OR WHAT THE HAS HAPPENED BECAUSE Computer Reset, And Every Single Program Reinstalled? Or Reset Registrey> IM PISSED OFF BECAUSE EVERYTHING IS ED PLEASE HELP ME GET MY PC BACK Computer Reset, And Every Single Program Reinstalled? Or Reset Registrey> And i have got to reinstall Windows Media Player again and probobly the Windows Updates i avnt got a clue what has gone and what hasnt anyone please help me im desperate for help with this one plus the pic of my theme is there so is something covering up my theme and windows blinds says it needs reinstalling that vista theme that is on now is a theme i downloaded it is not the theme that is ment to be on it did look like this nbsp

A:Computer Reset, And Every Single Program Reinstalled? Or Reset Registrey>

Can you get to System Restore and Restore it to a date before this happened......

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-reset-and-every-single-program-reinstalled-or-reset-registrey.591017/
Relevancy 49.45%

My Satellite laptop was working fine until I presumably closed the lid during the boot process Since then the screen is blank black even though I can change with the power button between quot operation quot including HD activity WLAN and alternatively long press quot hibernate quot with a on off fading operation symbol I tried all screen - black hangs Z930-119 Reset? in Satellite hibernate with combinations of keys long-press-power-button FN-F FN-F etc There Satellite Z930-119 hangs in hibernate with black screen - Reset? is no output signal at the external VGA connector I achieved no change at all All I would need is something like a hardware-reset There is no easy way to remove the battery as suggested in the internet Do you have any suggestions or tricks like quot press xy and uv quot or alike to produce a real hardware-reset to make the device start from the beginning I cannot believe that a sophisticated product like the Satellite Z has no provisions to reboot in case of a software failure In a few cases things like that happen in real life

A:Satellite Z930-119 hangs in hibernate with black screen - Reset?

Hi

As far as I know you would need to remove the bottom cover just to get access to the battery.

Here is an video on Youtube:
[Toshiba How-To: Z930 and Z935 Disassembly Instructions|http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSmEhiK3Njs]

But I would recommend trying something different.
Did you connect the external monitor to the notebook just to check if something would be visible on the 2nd screen?
Do that.

In case nothing would be visible on 2nd monitor you could try to remove the battery and to press and hold the power button 30sec long.
Not quite sure if it would be helpful but in some cases this procedure might help to wakeup the unit again.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?73713-Satellite-Z930-119-hangs-in-hibernate-with-black-screen-Reset
Relevancy 49.45%

I just build my first gaming pc. But it won't turn on but the power led on the mother board is.
I got all kew parts and even tested the power supply and power button and everything is in proper.
If you could give me help that will be great.

A:My custom pc won't turn on but the power led on th

"I got all kew parts and even tested the power supply and power button and everything is in proper." does not tell us anything.
Specifications on the computer you have built would help and what happens when you start your computer do you get anything on the monitor, do the any of the fans start does it switch on then off.
If your graphics card requires power have you remembered to connect it to the PSU.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/my-custom-pc-wont-turn-power-led-th-4596805/
Relevancy 49.45%

I am currently building a custom desktop Specifications in My System Specs and I've run into a few problems along the way - When I first put it all together and powered it up the edge of the motherboard literally caught on fire for a second and I immeadiately turned the power off - I returned power won't up. Desktop Custom the motherboard and the psu and got both brand new again - I just tried to reinstall the motherboard and psu and now I get no power at all to the pc - I checked Custom Desktop won't power up. all connectors to make sure they were plugged in tightly and correctly Everything looked fine The V atx power connector and -pin Custom Desktop won't power up. connector were both plugged in correctly Custom Desktop won't power up. - I checked the psu with a paper clip and checked the voltage of each pin that should have been outputting voltage Everything was fine there And the psu powered up and the fans turned as soon as I pressed the switch - Checked for bad heads on the motherboard None - I also went through all of these steps already PERFORM THESE STEPS before posting about POST boot no video problems - New-System-Build - Homebuilt-Systems I'm not sure what else to check Anyone know what could possibly be wrong with it

A:Custom Desktop won't power up.

I highly recommend not using that power supply. Their is no such thing as a $35.00 quality prower supply. A GTX-650 requires a quality power supply along with the rest of your hardware.
I would recommend using a Corsair or a Seasonic power supply 650W or more.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/265547-custom-desktop-wont-power-up.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I've searched the tutorials and the forum and couldn't find anything on the following:

Is there a way set a schedule for sleep mode? I would like my system to go to sleep at 11:00PM and awaken at 6:45AM 7 days a week. If so, how is it done?

TIA

Randy

A:Custom Power Settings

Did you search for tutorials on "task scheduler"??

Not sure, but that sounds like something it could do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/198037-custom-power-settings.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey everyone This is a first post sorry if it s on. custom power a Built PC, won't in the wrong place I m stressing myself out trying to solve this problem on my own and it s even harder because Built a custom PC, won't power on. I don t have any tech-savvy friends that live around me Built a custom PC, won't power on. to help in person I recently browsed newegg com in search of a collection of desktop parts to put together a new budget gaming rig Ordered on Wednesday everything came Friday Figured it would all go together smoothly as I researched what I was buying got second and rd opinions from various internet friends and etc etc Here s the parts that I bought I apologize for them being linked from Newegg com Case http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Power Supply I bought this last year still works great http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Motherboard http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E CPU http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E RAM bought so I have sticks http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Video Card http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E CD DVD R RW drive http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E I also have internal hard drives that have had no issues and are capable of being powered by the PSU I own Well I get everything unboxed and put together I ll post a step by step of what I did I installed the power supply into the case but left it unplugged from everything Then I installed the motherboard Had some issues with placement because the PCI cards weren t getting enough clearance so I had to move it a couple of times Then I placed the video card into the top most PCI express slot and my wireless desktop card into the bottom most PCI slot Then I mounted all hard drives and the CD drive plugged them all into the motherboard Then I plugged my PSU into the board the drives and into the case fan on the back of the case Plugged it into the wall and no power up I tried unplugging it plugging it back in hitting the I O switch on the back of the PSU got nothing The Power On wires are plugged into the right part of the motherboard I checked double checked and triple checked The power supply is pin and I tried it in the board with all connectors and then just the pin connector I got ONE response from the system it was laying on it s side I hit the power button the fan whirred for a second then it all went dead I just don t know what I did wrong and I m just a bit annoyed that maybe I got some bad hardware or that I actually don t know what I m doing I can post pictures of the inside of the case with or without everything attached if it will help Any advice is welcome at this point I apologize for the long first post but if anyone can help I d greatly appreciate it Also let me know if I should provide any more information and if I can I will Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

I don't think I have actually gotten a BSOD yet on this computer It's about mo old As the title says I've been playing some games and my computer will freeze during a game There's no BSOD but the audio will loop hang Nothing works and I have to do a hard reboot This is the Windows log about it Quote Fault bucket type Event Name RADAR PRE LEAK WOW Response Not available Cab Id Problem signature P swtor exe P P P P P P P P P Attached files C Users PC AppData Local Temp RDRF C tmp empty txt These files may be available here Analysis symbol Rechecking for solution Report Id c f - d - e -b -f d f e Report Status Computer Stats OS Win bit Original OS Yes OEM System Age mo OS Age Same as system never reinstalled CPU Intel i - Video Card XFX HD- X-CNFC Radeon HD Memory x gb G Skill Ripjaws X Series Power Supply OCZ ModXStream Pro W Etc I've game, Computer hangs hangs playing BSOD, audio while no run Computer hangs while playing game, no BSOD, audio hangs memtest and it came up with nothing I've run driver verifier and I haven't bsod'd

A:Computer hangs while playing game, no BSOD, audio hangs

You are not getting any dump files

You are playing Star Wars, can you uninstall the Game, delete any folders that it has on your computer under C:\Program Files\
Reboot
Resintall again

****Or if your game comes with some kind of repair function run that before uninstalling****

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/computer-hangs-while-playing-game-no-bsod-audio-hangs-618874.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi, I really miss the functionality of XP allowing you to set the power button action to ask what you want to do.Unfortunately, Vista seems to have gotten rid of that option, while leaving the ability of the popup ask what wou want to do(shown in this short JScript)(new ActiveXObject("Shell.Application")).ShutdownWindows();Is there a way to "remap" the power button? I've tried to use autohotkey, but it doesn't seem to support the power button...Thanks,-Matt

A:Custom Power Button Action

I don't like it either. I haven't come across a hack yet. I let you know if I do

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/183277/custom-power-button-action/
Relevancy 49.02%

I'm working on deploying new Windows pro x computers and I'm trying to get windows to throttle down the CPU when it can but it isn't always working correctly The settings for the power scheme that I want are basically highest performance on everything except the hard drive should turn off after minutes of inactivity and the display should turn off after minutes Instead of reducing the CPU multiplier and parking cores it will run at the i 's speed boost thing with all cores active More system info Processor Intel i L OS Windows Pro -bit Manufacturer Coban Model M It might be something with the hardware since the computers are specialized units but Coban isn't any help with this problem If I create a new profile with the desired settings the CPU will be throttled usually until I restart the system sometimes it works longer but not much more than a few restarts I have also tried exporting and importing a power plan between different computers and on the same computer and modifying the stock quot power saver quot plan all with the same iffy results The stock power saver plan always throttles down CPU not Scheme Power Throttling Custom the CPU but only if it's in its default state I've seen a few other people with the same problem but no progress towards a cause or solution Any ideas

A:Custom Power Scheme not Throttling CPU

Welcome to Seven Forums BradJorgensen. I'm going to confirm you are using the advanced power options:

Power Plan Settings - Change

Specifically the Processor Power Management and Maximum Processor State settings

Default for Performance is 100% for both (mine is set to balanced, hence the 5% default).

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/232543-custom-power-scheme-not-throttling-cpu.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Alright first off this isn't my first thread pertaining to my computer It is the SAME computer and is still haven't the same problems My PSU wasn't enough for my graphics card so I needed a new one I am so confused on what exactly it needs that I gave up it was Christmas when I posted that It has been an incredibly embarrassing and expensive mistake that's been glaring at me ever since I don't have the money to replace any major parts at the moment but I do have enough to replace the power supply Intel Core i - Asus GeForce GTX Azza SIRIUS - System Build - PCPartPicker is the part list - a HHD monitor OS and CPU cooler All of which can be ignored for now as far as I know This is important not only because it's expensive and needs to work but because it's been my dream to build my own computer since I started ordering the parts a month before Christmas or so as a result whoever helps me will be helping me A TON My lack of experience makes answering any questions difficult so if at all possible give me minutes over Skype to assure me on what PSU I need answer miscellaneous questions maybe take a look at the motherboard from pictures or video Any Wiring /w Problems Custom Power PC. & Supply of which would make me the happiest person alive lt Skype michaelisbad THANK YOU IN ADVANCE YOU BEAUTIFUL PERSON

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/128653-power-supply-wiring-problems-w-custom-pc.html
Relevancy 48.59%

First off let me say Hi and let it be known that I ve searched the web far and wide for answers to my problem but to no avail About two weeks ago my fianc ordered some computer parts in attempt to construct a new PC to replace my piece of rubbish that was hanging on to its life by a piece of tape Literally He s put computers together for a living before and he s a game developer graduate with a love for computers so he knows what he s doing but I don t He did everything I touched nothing but watched Here are the parts which arrived last Monday and Tuesday respectively XCLIO A BK Black Case CORSAIR XMS GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR AMD Athlon X GHz AM Processor Sunbeam PSU-HUSH -US-BL W Power Supply ASUS M A -EMH HDMI AM AM AMD G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard Rosewill RCX-Z CPU Cooler Arctic Silver Ceramique Thermal Compound I used my same ol Gb harddrive which worked fine just days before I received the parts so I know that works perfectly well Everything was smoothly put together PC POST/display/etc. Custom-built gets power but no and powered up like clockwork Eager to get started installing Windows XP we hooked it up to my monitor Powered up and everything seemed good to go fans worked mobo light worked dvd drive worked led lights came on harddrive spun up but absolutely no display Custom-built PC gets power but no POST/display/etc. hit that monitor nor did we hear any beeps To diagnose we tried the following - With and without RAM - With different RAM - With videocard plugged in and with the onboard video card just plugged in - Tried removing and reseating the videocard - Tried removing and reseating the mobo onto the antistatic wrapping as a last resort mostly - Shoved a windows XP disc in to see if it d boot from that No dice - Tried hooking it up to his working monitor - Reset the CMOS bios battery and such No dice there either There s probably more but I can t think of exactly what at Custom-built PC gets power but no POST/display/etc. the moment Feel free to toss ideas However we re sending the motherboard back tomorrow and ordering a new one either at the end of this week or on Monday most likely So my question is does anybody know if our assumption is correct We re pretty sure it s the motherboard but not positive There s no other compatible machines to work with for diagnostics apart from his Alienware which is no way in hell getting taken apart for me to mess with so Another thing to note is that when plugged directly into the back of the PC no keyboard lights came on either Thanks ahead of time I m trying to find some reassurance or redirection on the matter Hopefully this matter won t stump you as much as it s stumped he and I and a few tech-savvy friends even nbsp

A:Custom-built PC gets power but no POST/display/etc.

Did we either wipe the HDD, or try booting without it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/custom-built-pc-gets-power-but-no-post-display-etc.107216/
Relevancy 48.59%

I replaced my Hard Drive this summer and reinstalled Windows 7 with the Disk that came with my Laptop. Ever since then my computer will not accept custom changes.

For instance I change the power settings so that the CPU doesn't turn off when the laptop is plugged in or I change the time before the screen turns off but they are not implemented. When I go into the control panel I see that the settings are exactly how I set them but the computer doesn't change what it's doing.

For instance if I change the time before screen turns of when computer is idle to never, the screen still shuts off after 1 minute even though I can see in the control panel that it has been set to never. I am selecting save changes.

Any ideas?

A:Windows 7 not implementing custom changes/ power settings

Hi,
I'm not sure but if I remember correctly the screen changes can be made in the power menu as well as the display menu. There is also a difference in the shut downs when you are on AC power or strictly battery.
Keep us posted

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504728/windows-7-not-implementing-custom-changes-power-settings/
Relevancy 48.59%

I'm wanting to build a new case ,but i got no idea where to get on /off switch and reset switch.All the ones i have seen are 2 piece switches ,I'm looking for a rocker type switch that all i have to do is add the wires. If anyone knows where i can get some online plz let me know. Thx alot

A:Power switches for my custom wood case?

Switches are made to fit the tower facia panel and when you buy a new case the switches come with it. I did a bit of searching but other than buying in bulk there does not seem to be any available. You may have to visit a good computer store and ask if they can supply you with just a switch. A more intensive search on the internet may well find something.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-switches-for-my-custom-wood-case.160407/
Relevancy 48.59%

After factory resetting my pc, it was installing windows and i accidentally turned it off. now everytime i turn it on it says i have to click ok to restart as it was turned off during windows installation  when i do it just repeats the same time no matter how many times i click ok and it restarts. please help as my computer is not booting up

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Had-to-factory-reset-my-computer-after-the-reset-i-was/td-p/5842411
Relevancy 48.16%

I have an Asus K55N-DB81 running windows 8.1 and I decided to create a custom power plan. So I created one and went to "Advanced Power Settings" Option and then went to the Processor Power Management to change the Minimum CPU usage to 1% and the Maximum to 50%, I click Apply and Ok and X'ed out. I Closed the Lid, Came back to my computer and I checked to see if my CPU settings Changed back to 100% Minimum and 100% Maximum which it DID. I keep Changing it back but it keeps resetting itself . Does anyone have a Solution?? Thanks

A:Windows 8.1 Custom Power Plan keeps Resetting CPU Usage

Try settings copied from a plan you know works. Then tweak in small increments. 1% minimum sounds rather radical.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/39906-windows-8-1-custom-power-plan-keeps-resetting-cpu-usage.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi there When at home with my laptop I use external moniotor lid effect A power and custom on closing plans question of mouse keyboard Notebook lid is closed To use it this way I had to A question on custom power plans and effect of lid closing choose a desired effect of lid closing that A question on custom power plans and effect of lid closing is quot do nothing when lid closes quot since I use polish language Windows it may sound different in english It seems like this applies to all power management plans It is a bit of annoyance since when I'm on on the go which is basically everyday I want my machine to go to sleep when I close the lid instead of quot do nothing quot That means I have to either change the options on a daily basis or click start on - off menu everytime which is not very convenient I tried to create a custom power management plan and specify the desired behaviour for lid closing but dint find the solution My question is - is it possible to have different actions performed after closing the lid according to power plan that is in use OS is Vista Home Premium bit Thanks in advance for your help folks

A:A question on custom power plans and effect of lid closing

Hello BGSH, and welcome.

This is an interesting question.
When you changed the setting to "Do Nothing", was this made in BIOS or in Vista?

If it was in BIOS, then no, it has to stay. If it was in Vista, then yes you can. There are three preset powersettings. Choose the HighPerformance one for when you are plugged in at home, and set the "Do nothing" there. Then open Max Power Saver (or something) and set it to whatever you need for that. That should fix it up for you.

~Lordbob

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/215268-question-custom-power-plans-effect-lid-closing.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Is it possible to hack that button so you could, say, launch a special "locking" program instead of loggoff, shutdown, or any of the other options? thanks.

A:Set custom option for Power button action list default?

Only 3rd party solutions at this time.
For example: ClassicShell. It is highly customizable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/189160-set-custom-option-power-button-action-list-default.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi there My Pc is custom made and is Custom has to No Pc Solved: board, working. mother stopped power Help! around Solved: Custom Pc has stopped working. No power to mother board, Help! year and months old about months ago i noticed that the Pc would take a few seconds from pressing the power button to turn on A minor concern Then around months ago I came back from christmas break plugged the power cable back into the mains and it would not come on the motherboard light was off and no sign of life I turned everything on and off checked cables ect By magic a few hours later the light came back on Today i put it into sleep as i was only leaving for half an hour or so i come back to find that the light has gone off again and has now been unresponsive for around hours I have suspicions that it might be the CMOS battery due to turning it off at the mains after shutting down therefore draining the battery I have noticed no performance issues or odd noise s this has happened very apparent Update Went to a shop and got the Psu tested turns out it has blown I ve bought and installed a new one Corsair w modular Now i fear the motherboard is fried aswell Green light comes on however the fans and leds flash on and off Update the nd Took out both sticks of RAM and GPU one by one and tested no life ordering a new board Specs OS Windows Pro bit Asus p z -vlx motherboard Psu Xfx Pro series w modular Corsair Vengance x DDR Ram Intel i lga Gigabyte Geforce GTX SSD s x gb HDD tb seagate drive Optical drive Many thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Custom Pc has stopped working. No power to mother board, Help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-custom-pc-has-stopped-working-no-power-to-mother-board-help.1146859/
Relevancy 47.3%

Code is 51908034

A:Power on reset

Alex. Check your other post. REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Power-on-reset/td-p/5633900
Relevancy 47.3%

My son took apart our computer. Trying to put it back together. Forgive me. I am a total novice when it comes to computers. I don't know what motherboard I have or basically anything else. Don't know if there are standard ways of hooking these wires up or not. Just wondering how to install the wires that say:
power sw
reset sw
power led
hdd led
About the only one I can figure out is the speaker wire. When sitting with the cpu in front of you the speaker wire goes in the top left set of pins.
Sorry I can't give you more help than this.
I really appreciate it. If no one knows, I appreciate ANY assistance at all. I appreciate you putting up with what might be a dumb question.
Thanks.

A:Power SW & Reset SW

Usually in the bottom right (if you are looking at it in the case, and the case is a tower) you will see a line of pins looking like this ::::::::::::::::: Also if you look closely (use reading glasses or a hand lens or a magnifying glass if you need) the pins should be labeled, it should be fairly obvious then which pins go where.

Try that first, and if you can't figure it out, then you need to do a few more things and post back:
1 - Is this a store brand computer? (dell, hp, compaq, gateway, ect) If so what model?
2 - If this isn't a store brand computer then look on the motherboard, there is a really high chance somewhere on it it says what brand and its model number.
3 - This is stretching it a bit (but may help if you can find motherboard brand but not model). Do you know if you have an AMD or Intel processor, and also the speed if you know that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-sw-reset-sw.56897/
Relevancy 47.3%

I know that by using recimg you can make a custom refresh image And I hear that you cannot use it to reset Windows to factory state is that so if so how do I do that also is it possible to store the recovery image in a hidden partition hidden in the sense the drive letter is not automatically assigned when you refresh reset Windows nor can you do it from Disk Management only from diskpart however if i can still use reset while keeping the recovery image in folder? a custom to make How "reset" a hidden folder in C drive that is still fine i guess the thing is the recovery partition of my Dell Latitude tablet is destroyed it's Dell's fault though and even though i can easily recover Windows as I have an iso image and can use the USB to How to make a custom "reset" folder? reinstall windows like we normally How to make a custom "reset" folder? do on our desktops i want to sell the tablet and i want to make it recoverable via the recovery features in Windows without the ability to recover the value of the tablet will be pretty low if all else fails i will How to make a custom "reset" folder? have to buy a cheap USB flash drive make it a recovery drive and give it with the tablet sucks it is fine if i have to update to Windows if it makes it possible in Windows even though it was not in Windows cheers

A:How to make a custom "reset" folder?

Maybe contact the computer maker & see if you can get recovery disks.
Pass the cost on when you sell it.

:: Dell ::

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/35365-how-make-custom-reset-folder.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Product # N9T28AV (X360 15 inch convertibles)How do you do a "Hard Power Reset" as the battery is not accessible?...on older HP laptops with access to the battery, you would remove power plug, remove battery, hold the power button in for 30 seconds. Reassemble.I can find other reset references to different types of convertible devices but not the N9T28AVIf this is posted in the wrong section, please move to the correct locationIn anticipationThank you

A:Hard power reset

I asked HP about this earlier today.   There is no current documentation that describes how to hard reset an x360 notebook.   I have no idea as to how long it wil take before the Hard reset document is updated. As soon as it happens I will let you know. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Hard-power-reset/td-p/5450011
Relevancy 46.87%

Please help me, how to reset password bios for HP 251-a115d. Thanks.

A:How to reset power on password

6 pins on pw+cmos 1 2 3 4 5 6 1 and 4 jumpered 2 and 5 jumpered can i reset from this pin?? if can how?? many thanks for your answered..

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/How-to-reset-power-on-password/td-p/5762223
Relevancy 46.87%

Are the power and reset switches -- the ones that connect to the system board -- on most computer enclosures simple momentary (make/break) buttons? I want to replace a "flakey" one on a computer, but I have not been able to locate any specification for these switches. Is there anything "fancy" about them?

A:Power and reset Switches

Nope, nothing fancy. Just a momentary switch.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-and-reset-switches.429084/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello. I need to reset my Power On Password. The number that comes up after 3 tries is 85524480.Thank you very much.Patrick

Solved!
View Solution.

A:I need to reset my power on password

Hi, Enter  30482406 Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/I-need-to-reset-my-power-on-password/td-p/5776240
Relevancy 46.87%

i got hacked they changed my cmos or bios power on password now i can't turn my computer on can you help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/power-on-password-reset/td-p/5794549
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,, Please helpMy boss appears laptop password on the bios , but forgot the password .how to reset the password without opening the CMOS battery.There may be a reset code? thanks

A:reset post power

@hokage07? When asked for the password just hit enter 3 times. Post any halt code. REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/reset-post-power/td-p/5717735
Relevancy 46.87%

I bought new motherboard P8P67 LE, swopped it with my oldone. Managed to plug everything back, but my Power botton wouldnt power the system up and wouldnt power it down. Actually it burned out, when I tried to force power it down. I replaced it, but it wouldnt work anyway. Only way I can power my system up is by holding Memory OK button on my motherboard. Everything works OK afterwards. Reset function still works on the button though. Any ideas what to do and what could be the problem? Thanks

A:Power/Reset button

You will have to look at a diagram of what each connector is for. They vary a lot and just because 2 particular connectors on one board are for power or reset doesn't mean that the same ones will be used on a different board. Though the polarity doesn't matter for the switches, you have to make sure it is right for LED's or they won't work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-reset-button.1028745/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have an HP Envy 15 Notebook PC
Serial # [Personal Information Removed]
Product: E1P05AV
Model # 15t-j100
How do we reset a Power on Password?
We enter an incorrect password three times and we do NOT get any codes, it just does a restart. If we do this again, it will go into recovery mode with Advance Options. But, does not allow us to reset the Power on Password.

A:Reset Power On Password

Please enter the incorrect password 3 times and reply to this post with an error code or the halt code, so I can reset the password for you Or Please click on the below shown link to reset the password by yourself using the error code or the halt codehttp://bios-pw.org/ Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,KNRK

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Reset-Power-On-Password/td-p/5681113
Relevancy 46.87%

OK Guys i finally got the case and mother board i want but now i have a problem The power wire that connects to my mother board just Say s power and is not marked pos or neg and the board has pos and neg this is also true with the reset wire it just says reset no pos or Wiring and Reset Power neg and my led light wire is the same The power wires one is orange and one is white The reset wires are Blue and white So what I m asking is the dark or colored wire always the pos wire and the white one the neg or what How do i Power and Reset Wiring tell the difference Also thanks for all the help on which hard drives to use and which CPU is better just so all you guys that helped me on those post s i went with An AMD AThlon CPU and a Seagate Sata hard drive O yea and You guy s that said ECS mobo s were junk ill have to say you were right cuz i bought one and already had to take it back now i got a Ansu Thanks for all your help Just help me with this wire issue now plz LOL LOL nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

I just installed an Asus P T mobo in an Antec with an i and I am having problems with the sw reset / power with Problem system panel connector power sw you know the thing with the power ground and reset ground that plugs into the case power reset wires If the case sits for a long length of time it won t power up I hit the power button and it doesn t do anything It s been doing this Problem with power / reset sw since the first power up after installation To fix the problem although temporarily I have to pull the system panel connector adapter out replug the reset wire the power wire and the led wire and plug the adapter back in Problem with power / reset sw Once I unplug it and refit all the wires it boots right up It doesn t happen in short intervals however I can shut the system down wait a few seconds and it ll power right back up Finally after I refit all the plugs on the system panel connector I have to change the boot order on my hard drives Don t know if this is related though nbsp

A:Problem with power / reset sw

Instead of unplugging the panel connectors from the motherboard, try switching the power off at the back of the power supply for a couple of minutes. Of course, the PC should be powered off at the time. Turn the switch on the PSU back on and see if it will start.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-power-reset-sw.144472/
Relevancy 46.87%

The NB has usb ports on its right side I tried plugging in an external cd drive and got a red flagged box from the bottom task bar stating something about device drawing too much power usb no how - reset to NB100 power and that the supply would be stopped Since then the usb ports 'appear' dead Nothing I plug in is recognised by the NB It does say in the user manual that if an overload is detected the power to usb ports can be stopped However it does not say how to reset the ports ie power to them Both the card reader and usb port on the front left are still working I have tried updating BIOS NB100 no usb power - how to reset to the latest setting all bios settings to default using F at bootup and have even bought 'Device Driver' to ensure all drivers are up to date Can anyone help I'm sure there is a simple answer but just can't see it Ideally I would like to avoid having to reinstall XP as I don't have the disk and the hard drive doesn't appear to have an XP partition Help

A:NB100 no usb power - how to reset

Hi

In your case I would recommend removing the USB port /controller /hub from device manager.
Just simply go to device manager, expand the USB controller area and delete all the devices which are available in this area.

After new reboot, the system (Win XP in your case) should recognize the USB ports and the driver should be installed again.
Then reboot once again connect an USB device and check if this helps?

Just for info: the USB 2.0 ports provide 500mA? so in some cases the external USB device would not be detected when such device would need more than the usual 500mA. In such case such device should be connected to two USB ports using an Y USB cable or should use an external power source as some USB hubs do.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?67560-NB100-no-usb-power-how-to-reset
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi!  The 840 G3 appears to have a battery compartment that is secured by screws.  Sometimes there is a combination of keys that can be pressed that will simulate the function of a power reset (powering the laptop down, removing the battery, pressing the power button for a length of time to drain capacitors, replacing battery, and powering up) so that users don't have to remove the battery.  I've googled and found some key combinations for other HP products but can't find one for the 840 G3.  Does anyone know of one? Thanks!

A:How to power reset 840 G3 laptop

Hi, Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum. Welcome! I am not 100% sure if I understand you but I'll try to help. As mentioned by you and as confirmed by the product's manual, it comes with non-removable fixed battery. May be you want to perform hard reset to power off the computer >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NJQM8vJa9Q Why do you want to perform this you write about ? Is there some issues with Windows ? If so, have you tried restarting it (instead of Shut down) ?  Because in Windows 8/8.1/10 this process is by default different from what it was in Windows XP/Vista/7.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/How-to-power-reset-840-G3-laptop/td-p/5673601
Relevancy 46.87%

I forgot my administrator password for BIOS. After 3 triesI get system disabled and the code is 51109054. This is a hpFolio 13 running Windows 8.1

A:To reset power on password

@dennmwangin? Enter   44861090

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/To-reset-power-on-password/td-p/5752299
Relevancy 46.87%

I forgot power on password. Need helpgiven code after three tryCNU9256B6W

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Power on password reset

@Mateshiv? Enter   e9lo7qgpgd    ( 3rd character is a lower case L ) Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Power-on-password-reset/td-p/5700485
Relevancy 46.87%

I have forgotten my hp laptop power on password and system disable code is58851457Plz help & thanks in advance

Solved!
View Solution.

Relevancy 46.87%

The code is 51908034

Relevancy 46.87%

when i start my computer with the power adapter in i get a message saying can not determoin the power output of power adapter try reseting adapter. How do you reset a power adapter iv googled it and nothing. please help thanks sorry for bad spelling.

A:need to reset power adapter

i don't think you can reset a power adapter - i don't know of one - it will have the correct voltage on the plug or not
whats the make and model of the PC
are you able to use and have a mulitmeter?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-to-reset-power-adapter.941546/
Relevancy 46.87%

About a week ago now, turn on at won't reset all PC Power I came home and my clock was blinking and my PC I had left on was turned off a mild storm passed by Now my PC won t turn on anymore no fans no lights no sounds nothing Power reset now, PC won't turn on at all Things to note Yes I checked to make sure the PSU switch was on and plugged in I tried different outlets My PC was plugged into a power Power reset now, PC won't turn on at all strip during the quot storm quot not sure how much surge protection that provides No visible burn marks on my hardware I bought a new power supply because the PSU was my first suspect since it was pin and I needed a new a pin to fit my motherboard best anyways ---No luck with new PSU--- I figured it might be my front panel power switch so I tried bypassing it by using the reset button as the on off power sw I also tried touching the on off pins lightly with a screwdriver ---No luck--- I ve tried naked booting with just mobo cpu and video card I ve tried different computer power cords When I turn on my new PSU I can hear it begin a very soft hum like a capacitor charging or something so power is getting to the PSU I ve tried booting with both V V PSU settings I ve tried taking out RAM and reinserting Idk if this is relevant but my drive data cables are very old My computer is basically new new cpu new mobo new ram new PSU My best guess is that it has something to do with the front panel power switch Any ideas Please help Also I put up my PC specs in my profile let me know if you can t see them Thanks -Ethan nbsp

A:Power reset now, PC won't turn on at all

We just had a nice line of storms come through a few weeks ago.

I was extremely busy replacing motherboard and PSU combos on various customer computers, mind you after having fixed them, I STRONGLY recommended they buy a decent surge protector.

Turns out all but one were running straight out the wall.

I've come across one scenario where the motherboard survived a PSU failure, luckily for me that was mine about a month ago.

Generally a PSU fails, it takes the motherboard with it, if you have any other motherboard that will jive with your hardware, swap it out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-reset-now-pc-wont-turn-on-at-all.161010/