Windows Support Forum

Freeze/Hangs and Black Screen

Q: Freeze/Hangs and Black Screen

Greetings My PC is windows bit service pack Lately I've been having a recurring Hanging Freezing issue It appears to happen randomly sometimes when it's sitting on the desktop sometimes when typing in a forum like this other times while playing a game The computer will freeze or hang the mouse might still move a little bit for a second Then the screen usually goes black Sometimes I can still move the mouse but it will only move in a jerking fashion every couple seconds rather and Black Screen Freeze/Hangs than smoothly Some of the screen will sometimes start to come back like the bottom or top of the screen but the rest Freeze/Hangs and Black Screen is still black However every time it ultimately results in the computer completely locking up and I am forced to turn it off and back on I've scanned my entire PC multiple times with Malwarebytes Spyhunter MSE and others I used CCleaner to clean up my registry I made sure my video drivers are updated and windows update is all up to date as well None of that helped My video cards do tend to run hot when playing graphic intensive games but I've played for a long time like that with no issues I use in crossfire mode though despite multiple varifications saying its on and working I never see the nd card having any GPU Freeze/Hangs and Black Screen Load Though the st card never gets to load either Just in case that is the issue I just now took out the main card altogether and swapped it with the nd card Currently waiting for it to hang again as it appears completely random I use GPU-Z and Coretemp to monitor my temps If these aren't the best options or something else is needed I can download whatever programs and run whatever tests you Freeze/Hangs and Black Screen need for more info I'm pretty good with using computers in general but I have less experience troubleshooting an issue such as this so please try to be as clear as possible Please help Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/freeze-hangs-and-black-screen-714137.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Freeze/Hangs and Black Screen

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 64.07%

Computer is freezing up screen locks up while in use sound still playing then won't send any signal to the monitor even when I restart it Eventually it comes back to me after various startups, Screen no textures signal no hangs, ground freeze no signal restarts and hang-ups I restart it and there's no signal to the monitor and no response from the keyboard which usually flashes its LED's After this it remains on but turns off immediately at the push of the power button usually have to hold it down which may indicate a bad start Tried unplugging for secs that's hit and miss Last night I played some Heroes of the Storm re settings I run everything maxed after a hang-up and restart and none of the ground Screen freeze hangs, no signal startups, no ground textures textures were loading in but other than that the game played ok some characters were translucent in parts as well How do I diagnose what the problem is Is it most likely power motherboard or graphics card which is a fairly new connected via DP Or are the Screen freeze hangs, no signal startups, no ground textures textures not loading in a giveaway that it's related to memory Would that be VRAM or regular RAM or HDD SDD I'm usually ok with finding and applying fixes myself but this one just seems like it could be anything and I Screen freeze hangs, no signal startups, no ground textures badly need some advice from the professionals Nothing is overclocked although in the event viewer there are some MSI Afterburner errors even though I'm fairly sure I uninstalled it used to use it for fan control but my old had some kind of hardware error and MSI afterburner would constantly crash the entire rig Info Crimson CCC not the hotfix Windows Bit BenQ XL z via DP x p Hz says Hz in windows Gigabyte R i k ASrock z m Extreme W Gold Rated Antec modular PS GB DDR Coming up on years old apart from the GC which is around months old Pls help Unrelated but interesting problem I get a screen tear on the desktop in ALL games a tear line around of the way down the screen Video link https vid me OeMw Getting help with that one from AMD and BenQ but does anyone have any ideas Interestingly the difference between Hz that windows has as the highest option for the monitor in advanced adapter settings and the Hz that the monitor reports to display is lo and behold and changing to the only other windows option Hz simply moves the line to you guessed it of the way from the top of the screen

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/screen-freeze-hangs-no-signal-startups-no-ground-textures-1093658.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Computer is freezing up screen locks up while in use sound still playing then won't send any signal to the monitor even when I hangs, freeze textures ground signal no startups, no Screen restart it Screen freeze hangs, no signal startups, no ground textures Eventually it comes back to me after various no signal restarts and hang-ups I restart it and there's no signal to the monitor and no response from the keyboard which usually flashes its LED's After this it remains on but turns off immediately at the push of the power button usually have to hold it down which may indicate a bad start Tried unplugging for secs that's hit and miss Last night I played some Heroes of the Storm re settings I run everything maxed after a hang-up and restart and none of the ground textures were loading in but other than that the game played ok some characters were translucent in parts as well How do I diagnose what the problem is Is it most likely power motherboard or graphics card which is a fairly new connected via DP Or are the textures not loading in a giveaway that it's related to memory Would that be VRAM or regular RAM or HDD SDD I'm usually ok with finding and applying fixes myself but this one just seems like it could be anything and I badly need some advice from the professionals Nothing is overclocked although in the event viewer there are some MSI Afterburner errors even though I'm fairly sure I uninstalled it used to use it for fan control but my old had some kind of hardware error and MSI afterburner would constantly crash the entire rig Info Crimson CCC not the hotfix Windows Bit BenQ XL z via DP x p Hz says Hz in windows Gigabyte R i k ASrock z m Extreme W Gold Rated Antec modular PS GB DDR Coming up on years old apart from the GC which is around months old Pls help Unrelated but interesting problem I get a screen tear on the desktop in ALL games a tear line around of the way down the screen Video link https vid me OeMw Getting help with that one from AMD and BenQ but does anyone have any ideas Interestingly the difference between Hz that windows has as the highest option for the monitor in advanced adapter settings and the Hz that the monitor reports to display is lo and behold and changing to the only other windows option Hz simply moves the line to you guessed it of the way from the top of the screen

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f15/screen-freeze-hangs-no-signal-startups-no-ground-textures-1093658.html
Relevancy 64.07%

sir,my PC occasionally  gets complete hangs/freeze (even button CAPSLOCK & Radion button not turned off/on ). so I had to  PC off by hard pressiong power button. when I restart it, It appear with a complete blank screen (as there is no power in screen). so how to evolve  with this situation.thank u

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/PC-hangs-freeze-occasionally-amp-on-reboot-show-blank-screen/td-p/5612068
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi screen windows (black screen startup BSOD and freeze all i have a problem with my pc it randomly freeze at startup BSOD (black screen and windows startup screen freeze getting me black white or distorted screens after min the pc reboot and all go normal this problem can come or times at the same time after the pc BSOD (black screen and windows startup screen freeze finish his reboot it get me an error like this Firma problema Nome evento problema BlueScreen Versione SO ID impostazioni locali Ulteriori informazioni sul problema BCCode BCP FFFFFA B C BCP FFFFF FECBAE BCP FFFFFFFFC A BCP OS Version Service Pack Product and if i go on operative center it get me this Firma del problema Nome evento problema LiveKernelEvent Versione SO ID impostazioni locali Ulteriori informazioni sul problema BCCode BCP FFFFFA AF F BCP FFFFF F C BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product ID bucket X x Tdr IMAGE nvlddmkm sys Informazioni sul server e f a - - b - f - c b d here are the information that i see in the bsod post introduction OS -windows x its an assembled pc by me and i ve installed original win Full reatil version the system have week i have upgrade it from an old one created by me year ago the OS has week i have re intsalled it after the upgrade cpu-- gt i K with an after market cooler video card- gt Nvidia GTX with afetr market cooler motherboard - gt asus p z -v gen power supply - gt corsair tx v System Manufacturer gt by me XD here are the output from Windows Vista jcgriff and from perfmon PS sorry for my bad english - -''

A:BSOD (black screen and windows startup screen freeze

Ok 116 error is caused by your Graphics card.
First thing to do is update your drivers from the NVIDIA website.

If BSODs continue Try HDD tests,
download gpu-z to check if your card is getting too hot, also is there lots of dust in the card?

Do you overclock your video card?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-black-screen-and-windows-startup-screen-freeze-622591.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hey all,
I am having problems with the screen freeing when running multiple windows (Chrome, office etc etc). When I try to swap between windows, I get a freeze and I am unable to do anything.
The cursor can be seen moving around the screen but has no effect in any area. The Windows Key doesn't ppear, nor can I tab into another programme.
If I try and start task manager to see which program is causing this, it will not appear over the frozen image.
Is there a way of telling from an event log what program is failing?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?93064-Screen-freeze-and-black-screen-with-problems-multiple-windows
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi can anyone help me ive posted on another forum but have not been able to get any luck ive now been directed here This was my post any ideas on my problem http www bleepingcomputer com forums top ml entry Brief overview Everytime i load up I get a Black Screen prompt Before Welcome Screen The System hangs on until i click ok This window's Screen!, Welcome hangs I help.., Black I need Before this Xp System Screen/prompt mean pro really on prompt is always a different title with the name of a location Inside this pop-up window are square charaters usually two square characters It is square because my system cannot read I really mean this I need help.., Xp Black Screen/prompt Before Welcome Screen!, System hangs on pro that type of character I think thats why the are square characters So to get passed it to reach the Welcome screen I must click OK After I click OK the Welcome window comes up and then everything is ok as I am on my desktop screen http img imageshack us img omnk q cp d jpgThis is what it kind of looks like

A:I really mean this I need help.., Xp Black Screen/prompt Before Welcome Screen!, System hangs on pro

Black screen = Master Boot RecordSomethings not loading correctlyhttp://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;314503

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/212565/i-really-mean-this-i-need-help-xp-black-screenprompt-before-welcome-screen-system-hangs-on-pro/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello i have this issue with my computer for about two years Ive taken it to people who are supposed to know about freeze screen Black / it so they could solve it but the problem came back one or two months after being fixed I ve searched help in many forums but no one could help me This is the problem i found Some things are in spanish since its my native language Hope u can understand Descripci n Windows dej de funcionar correctamente por un problema con el hardware de v deo Firma del problema Nombre de evento de problema LiveKernelEvent Versi n del sistema operativo Id de configuraci n regional Archivos que ayudan a describir el problema WD- - dmp sysdata xml WERInternalMetadata xml Ver copia temporal de estos archivos Advertencia si la causa del problema es un virus u otra amenaza a la seguridad el equipo se podr a da ar al abrir una copia de los archivos Informaci n adicional sobre el problema BCCode BCP FFFFFA FCD BCP FFFFF C BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product ----------------- The error occurrs while gaming when im idle Black screen / freeze or chrome or at any time ----------------- I runed checkdisk and had no errors Memtest gave no errors Updated nvidia drivers I tried every version of them with a clean install using Driver Sweeper AVG full scan on safe mode shows that my cpu is clean ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name JUAN-PC Operating System Windows Enterprise -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language Spanish Regional Setting Spanish System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd System Model H M-D BIOS Award Modular BIOS v PG Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GTX Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GTX DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV C amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Monitor PnP gen rico Monitor Model W Monitor Id GSM EE Native Mode x p Hz Output Type HD Driver Name nvd dumx dll nvwgf umx dll nvwgf umx dll nvd dum nvwgf um nvwgf um Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo'd Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B E E- - CF-A F- EC C Vendor ID x DE Device ID x C SubSys ID x Revision ID x A Driver Strong Name oem inf NVIDIA SetA Devices NTamd Section pci ven de amp dev c Rank Of Driver E Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C ModeVC C ModeWMV C Deinterlace Caps CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fw... Read more

A:Black screen / freeze

Quote:

description
Windows stopped working properly due to a problem with the video hardware.
Problem Signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4
Locale ID: 11274
Files that help describe the problem
WD-20130705-2242.dmp
sysdata.xml
WERInternalMetadata.xml
View temporary copy of these files
Warning: If the problem is caused by a virus or other security threat, the equipment may be damaged when opening a copy of the files.
Additional information about the problem

It looks like your video card is failing.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-freeze-701714.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello I ve came here again with the same issue yet it s way worse than before I have an Asus K SC laptop running Windows Ultimate My issue is that my laptop freezes followed by a total black out the laptop is still running but I can t do anything even the cursor disappears and if I have a sound on background it repeats the last syllables forever screen freeze Black Sometimes it occurs without a freeze just my monitor Black screen freeze turning black and other times I get a blue screen What I ve seen Black screen freeze during my troubleshooting tries is that whenever I don t get the blue screen when only the monitor turns black the event is not recognised as a crash This occurs when I browse the internet most of the times when I watch a video having pictures loading in the background gifs it even occurs when I m watching movies or playing games it occurs while playing and alt tab it Another thing I observed is that it occurs more often when running on High Performance Entertaining Mode while when on Battery Saving it only occured while watching movies or playing games I have tried to reproduce the problem in Safe Mode but for some reason it never occured Initially it was only occuring when I was alt tabbing games now it expanded to all other situations I previously mentioned My spec OS W Ultimate bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - QM CPU GHz CPUs RAM GB Graphics Intel HD Graphics I also have a Nvidia Geforce GT MX GB but I never find it mentioned in my specs I hope someone can help me any ideas are welcome I m desperate I suspect a GPU problem but meh what do I know I hope I posted in the right section Thank you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

Hi all I Screen Black Help! freeze after just started having this problem with my PC It is home built and has been running fine for quite a while It is tyan thunder K X motherboard AMD MP GHz processors GB DDR ECC memory Nvidia graphic board forget which Help! Black Screen after freeze one Ok so here s the Help! Black Screen after freeze symptoms I shut the machine down at night When I power up in the morning it is fine boots up and runs for maybe minutes then will either completely freeze or blue screen with various error messages When it froze this last time I hit the Help! Black Screen after freeze reset button and it goes to a black screen no blinking cursor nothing it is most definately NOT booting The power button or additional resets don t do anything So I remove power Turn it back on same thing Black screen Hit the reset button now it will boot and run all day without a problem Pretty weird So in my first troubleshooting effort this morning instead of booting windows I popped my memtest floppy disk in and let it sit and spin Figured I wanted to eliminate the OS and or drivers from the problem After about minutes I got a bunch of multi colored random characters on the screen Went through the same power up sequence with the same issues as above and now it is happily spinning away in memtest without issue Any ideas what could be going on here Some sort of temperature problem problem when cold If so where do I even start Any help GREATLY appreciated Patti nbsp

A:Help! Black Screen after freeze

when you get the error message, make a note of the error code then post again. if the blue screen is not up long enough try and take a picture of it (it works you just have to be quick lol).

when we have the code it will be easier to figure out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-black-screen-after-freeze.44777/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello, I'm having an issue with my PC I've put together and am not sure what is causing it. When I am playing games Like Team Fortress 2 and Command and conquer my PC locks up with a black screen and sound loop. There is no particular time when it happens, sometimes it takes an hour or two and then happens every ten to fifteen minutes. and sometimes it happens after twenty minutes and sometimes it doesn't happen at all. I can leave my computer on for hours and no problems, only when I play games. Anyone have any Ideas?

PC Components:
Lanparty UT ICFX3200-T2R/G Motherboard
Pentium D Extreme 840 @ 3.2Ghz
2 x 2Gig Buffalo pc6400 single channel RAM
ATI Radeon 4830 video card
WD 320 Gig SATA harddrive
hec Orion HP585D power supply 585 Watts
Alpine DVD drive

A:Black screen freeze up

If it only happens when you are playing games, and at different times during the games, it's probably a graphics card issue. You may want to install and graphics card fan to keep the temp down, or possibly consider upgrading your graphics card.

I would first suggest running a quick diagnostic on it, search for the burn in diagnostic tool from the downloads section of the site and let it run, it will test your graphics card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-freeze-up.126900/
Relevancy 63.21%

I was searching Youtube and then suddenly the whole screen went black and comp froze. Nothing responds so had to hold power button to shut down. When I turned it on again, all my preferences are gone like my Facebook. When I normally go to facebook, it shows my homepage but now it tells me to log on. Same with Youtube, Windows Live Messenger and this forum. (These are the only ones I came across)
Whats wrong with my computer?

A:Black Screen Freeze

Hi -

What web browser are you using? (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome etc)

Just looks like your saved form information within your browser has been deleted. If, you log back in to these sites (Facebook, TSF etc) and accept any dialog (or checkbox) that asks you whether you want the form information (username/password etc) to be saved that should take things back to how there were before.

As for the black screen, it is difficult to tell what caused in, however if it should happen again, reply here, and I will attempt to assist in finding the cause/solution.

Let me know how you get on.

Regards, - GJ

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-freeze-557743.html
Relevancy 63.21%

When I launch a game I have to wait like a minute until it launches after that a black screen appears, no sound and i cant do anything. I tried pressing windows key l, alt tabbing, ctrl+alt+delete, alt+f4 nothing helps only power button.
I have all the latest drivers, did a virus scan, checked for windows updates, defraged my hard drive. This happens for all my games but not always.

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/37640-black-screen-freeze.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I have this problem on my screen freeze XP SP3 black Win HTPC which is on all the time It has Win XP SP3 black screen freeze a problem of totally freezing every couple days with a black screen can t get out of it until I reset the tower Every time it happens I look at the event log Win XP SP3 black screen freeze and I see these Event Type Error Event Source atapi Event Category None Event ID Date Time AM User Win XP SP3 black screen freeze N A Computer JASON-HTPC Description The device Device Ide IdePort is not ready for access yet Event Type Error Event Source Disk Event Category None Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer JASON-HTPC Description The driver detected a controller error on Device Harddisk D They come in pairs and occur every - minutes until about half an hour later which I suspect when the machine totally freezes up no more log entries of these problem I read it could be cable I ve switched the sata cable on the HD and the sata port it s plugged to on the MB I have no problem reading from the disk otherwise I suspect something s wrong with my MB but odd that I don t see a log event for my C only on the D and the DVD writer why does it log it as ide it s sata Any help will be appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Win XP SP3 black screen freeze

Do you have all of the newest drivers? Have you tryed switching which port you plug your hard drive into?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-sp3-black-screen-freeze.864691/
Relevancy 63.21%

I run windows xp. I have 4 accounts set up: two admin and one each for my wife and grandson. These are not admin accounts. when my wife logs off, the computer often will switch to a black screen and it freezes. F drive is my main drive. Need help. Thanks

Looking for help.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel Pentium III Xeon processor, x86 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 6
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3326 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6670, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 305234 MB, Free - 147823 MB; F: Total - 953859 MB, Free - 805067 MB; G: Total - 476929 MB, Free - 83979 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., P5N-D
Antivirus: Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

A:xp pro log off black screen and freeze

If it is only her account and you are sure the computer is virus free, the easiest thing to do would probably be to create a new user account.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-pro-log-off-black-screen-and-freeze.1096326/
Relevancy 62.35%

Really don t know where to post this so forgive any inappropriate Goes Black-Computer Hangs Screen posting I m running Windows XP Home SP -- all updates current My problem is that my computer has just been freezing up and the screen going black for no reason I can figure I ve checked quot sleep quot and quot Screen Goes Black-Computer Hangs hibernate quot settings and they all seem to be off I ve instructed the computer to NEVER go to sleep At first I had the problem which I thought may have been linked to my newly-purchased amp registered version of AVG AntiVirus but then I took everything out of System Start-up EXCEPT for that changed the time for daily update and it seemed to fix things Then the other day I installed Kodak s Easy Share software for my new digital camera and the problem started again Suspecting the software I uninstalled that just this morning and restarted the Screen Goes Black-Computer Hangs computer after the uninstall After that my mouse would no long choose just a single selection of anything -- no matter how much I clicked it would choose multiple selections So I rebooted Seems fine now -- BUT I am leary and of course I have to reinstall the camera software in order to be able to transfer the pictures Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this problem Thanks in advance Iris I have no idea what to tell nbsp

A:Screen Goes Black-Computer Hangs

irainbow said:

Really don't know where to post this, so forgive any inappropriate posting.

I'm running Windows XP Home, SP2 -- all updates current.

My problem is that my computer has just been freezing up and the screen going black for no reason I can figure. I've checked "sleep" and "hibernate" settings, and they all seem to be off. I've instructed the computer to NEVER go to sleep.

At first, I had the problem which I thought may have been linked to my newly-purchased & registered version of AVG AntiVirus, but then I took everything out of System Start-up EXCEPT for that, changed the time for daily update and it seemed to fix things.

Then the other day, I installed Kodak's Easy Share software for my new digital camera, and the problem started again. Suspecting the software,
I uninstalled that just this morning, and restarted the computer after the uninstall. After that, my mouse would no long choose just a single selection of anything -- no matter how much I clicked, it would choose multiple selections. So, I rebooted.

Seems fine now -- BUT I am leary, and of course, I have to reinstall the camera software in order to be able to transfer the pictures.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Iris

I have no idea what to tellClick to expand...

Iris,

I don't know if this will help at all, but here goes:

When you install software, such as the Kodak Easy Share, do you shutdown every running Windows application to do the install - and your Internet connection, and or broadband connection (don't know what you have).

Most software installers advise you to shutdown any running Windows applicatons before proceeding with the install. Do you follow that procedure?
If not, when you install, the new software might be in conflict with something that is running.

Also, you didn't mention it, but do you run a software firewall? Have a hardware router? If not, and are just on dialup, you can download ZoneAlarm Free from http://www.zonelabs.com It will stealth your ports and notify you of unauthorized outbound connection attempts. Good to have to keep the crackers from knowing there is a computer at your IP address, and if a trojan is able to get onto your system, to help stop its call-home.

-- Tom

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-goes-black-computer-hangs.397151/
Relevancy 62.35%

I thought I'd move with the times and picked up a copy of Windows Ultimate I had Vista installed before Booted from CD delete recreate partition and did a clean install The installer hangs on a black screen after the first reboot Even left it overnight without progress Forcing a reboot and going into Safe Mode the setup tries to continue then comes up with a prompt saying 'Setup cannot run in Safe mode rebooting your computer' whereupon it hangs again These are my specs x Seagate ST AS GB Hard Drive SATA II rpm MB Cache - x MSI P Neo -FR iP Socket channel audio ATX Motherboard x Intel Pentium Dual Core E Socket GHz MB L Cache OEM x OCZ GB DDR MHz PC - Platinum XTC Memory Kit CL V x Sapphire HD PRO MB DDR VGA on hangs black Installation screen DVI HDTV out PCI-E Installation hangs on black screen Graphics Card x Sony AD- S X DVD RW DL RAM Internal SATA Bare Black Drive - OEM x LiteOn x DVD RW Dual Layer amp Ram SATA Black Bare Drive - OEM My GB hard drive is split into partitions GB boot partition and the rest GB or so as storage This is the sequence I tried Boot from CD delete boot partition new partition clean install HUNG Disconnect router then as HANG Reset BIOS to factory defaults then as HANG Disconnect external hard drive and printer then as HANG Disabled on-board chips like sound legacy USB etc then as HANG I've tried booting to the CD and doing a 'repair windows' but that comes back without problems The only other thing I could think of is that the graphics card is incompatible but I don't have onboard VGA and I don't have another card just lying around I've never had a problem doing a clean Windows install I'm really disappointed they're making it so difficult Does anyone have any suggestions I might have to just go back to Vista

A:Installation hangs on black screen

Actually I've just checked and it seems my graphics card is compatible so I'm out of ideas...

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/37429-installation-hangs-black-screen.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Black Screen computer hangsI have the following problem and was wondering if it could be a corrupted file or mal-ware if you could check the hijackthis file attached it would be much appreciated The problem started roughly - months ago while running dual monitors on my desktop which i have done for over a year and a half with no problem both screens went black and the computer would not respond to ctr-alt-del for a restart So after trying to trouble shoot the problem for a while i gave up and just unhooked my second monitor Now in the past - weeks the one monitor will randomly go black screen and the computer will not respond to anything i have to hard reset every time In the past week comp hangs screen black i reinstalled windows bit ultimate and did not keep any old files except for saved game data and pictures which i stored on a partition in the hard driveI black screen comp hangs have checked the voltages in the bios and they seem well within the tolerances They are as follows cpu core v v v v v v black screen comp hangs v v black screen comp hangs v VSB vVBAT vtemps in bios cpu temp Csystem temp CI just ran FurMark for hours without a problem highest temp reached by video card was C or C and then as soon as i opened Firefox black screen and comp hang I have tried many different drivers for my graphics card with no success Have ran multiple AV programs with nothing reported that has not been cleaned I have ran the windows memory check tool and it reported no problems The problem seems to occur in spurts played games heavily for days straight with no problem and then today the problem has occurred at least times I need some help bad me and my friends have tried just about everything we could think of cleaning out as much dust as possible FurMark ATI tool I have never updated the bios yes i have unhooked the power cord and held down the power button for a minute or so I did discover that one of the cells that the ram sit in had went bad so i removed ram from that slot and the slots channeled with it Have ran windows memory check since with no reported problems Before i removed those memory sticks i used to have the problem where the computer would always run disc check and freeze at second has not happened since I attached a hijackthis report which was just gotten from the computer in question an hour ago specs would list more spec but cannot get comp to work more than a min atm basically a stock gateway fx - e only have different ram and partitioned the hard drive GHz Intel Core i Intel X MB ATI Radeon HD GB rpm partitioned into parts about months ago windows ultimate bit x gig ddr Samsung syncmaster inch LCDI haved tried a different monitor which is a philips tv and have the same results Turned on the computer this morning and after being on the desktop for only seconds or so the screen displayed some vertical lines took a picture and attached it hope this helps Philips monitor displayed a similar screen at one point this morning except the lines were much larger thicker and white today tried using the Phillips TV problem occurred then got a colored vertical line display and the computer rebooted by itself When i logged in i got the following error message Blue screenos locale id BCCode BCP FFFFFA A E BCP FFFFF E F BCP BCP OS version service pack product files that help describe the problemc window minidump - - dmpc users Doug AppData local Temp WER- - sysdata smli am now trying running the computer in question in safemode with networking and its been working fine for about mins and i could not get the computer to run for more than mins when booting regularly EDIT Posts merged BPgot the comp to run for a bit here are the temps according to pc wizardTMPIN CTMPIN CTMPIN CThermal Zone CCore CCore CCore CCore Cati temperature Cati temperature diode Cthe bios temps are as follows taken almost immediately after using pc wizardcpu temp Csystem temp Chard disk CRan Heavy Load pc stress test software a few mins ago The problem occ... Read more

A:black screen comp hangs

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the Quick Scan button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTListIt.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.extract RKUnhooker to your desktop
Note** it is zipped up in a .rar file - If you do not have a program to unzip this type of file -
you can get a free one from here - http://www.7-zip.org/Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?""just click on Cancel, then Accept".-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new OTL log (don't forget extra.txt)RKU logThanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/358049/black-screen-comp-hangs/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have a Packard Bell All in One computer which I have tried to keep up to date with Windows updates, also have CCleaner, Malwarebytes, AdwCleaner and Secunia which are all up to date, however when starting up and now becoming quite frequent my machine starts the start up process, gets part way and then goes to a black screen and hangs. Sometimes after a few minutes(5-6?) it will continue to a fully set up mode but when loading Outlook it loads the screen but then goes into Not Responding mode and I have to shut down to be able to restart everything(which it then does without issue). On other occasions after the initial start up screen it goes to a black screen and just hangs permanently(but after restarting will often load without issue).

Running Windows 7 with Current up to date Service Pack 2

Can anyone suggest a solution or reason why this is happening?
Thanks
Tony

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/590773/black-screen-and-system-hangs/
Relevancy 62.35%

I recently discovered black at screen won't XP start - Pro hangs that the RAM I installed in my computer was set by the manufacturer to - - - timing instead of - - - timing which was what my BIOS had it set XP Pro won't start - hangs at black screen to so I went and changed the values to - - - I restarted my computer but it wouldn t start It started loading did two beep like normal but then just stopped at a black screen So I went back and set the timings back to - - - but the same thing happens when I try to start it I ran memtest a couple times to make sure the RAM is still fine and the tests complete with no errors I can hit F and access the menu to boot in safe mode last good configuration etc but none of them do anything other than bring me to a black screen How can I fix it The microsoft site tells me to just do a repair installation of Windows XP but I think there must be a simpler way Thanks for the help nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

I am having a go at sorting out a friend's Dell Dimension which is running XP. If I boot normally, it gets as far as the start up xp screen, then the screen goes black and the monitor indicator light glows orange then green then orange etc

When I boot in safe mode, the pc hangs at: System 32\Drivers|Mup.sys

It will eventually get past this, but that is obviously where the problem lies.

I was going to do a complete reinstall, but since I cant see the screen......

Any help and advice would be very much appreciated!

A:XP hangs on boot, then goes to black screen

Type in Mup.sys in the Search box at the top of this page. There are several posts with this same problem. They should help you further.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-hangs-on-boot-then-goes-to-black-screen.19164/
Relevancy 62.35%

I recently reloaded Windows XP because we were having so many problems with trojans etc I just reinstalled it over everything My problem black screen up shutdown hangs at is that it is not shutting down properly I can chose Shutdown and it sounds like it is powering down but hangs up on the black screen that says quot It is now safe to turn off your computer quot Now the main button to turn the thing on does not work for some reason but I can hit the reset shutdown hangs up at black screen button and everything comes back I ran through all the troubleshooters in the msconfig list one by one and nothing changed Still hanging up I also disabled Norton s choices to scan floppy drives on shut down and re booted and the thing still hung up I know I should go to windows update but now that I have shutdown hangs up at black screen started over there are so many to chose from Would one of them help any tips on how to decide which critical updates are really critical If anyone can point me to the right direction I would be most appreciative email protected added comment I went to Microsoft support page and did a search it told me to go to Control Panel Performance amp Maintenance Power Options and click on the APM tab and enable Advanced Power Management Support I did this and then performed a proper shut down with no errors hopefully this helps someone else in the future but I still don t know which updates are really critical thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shutdown-hangs-up-at-black-screen.234339/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi there I have a Gateway computer running Windows Vista Home Premium bit I came to my computer and there was a black screen so I tried doing the ctrl-alt-del and nothing happened I then powered my computer down Screen bar after Black green hangs unplugged it and Black Screen hangs after green bar then plugged it back in and started it back up From there it went through everything however after the green bar it stopped I could hear it doing something but nothing happend on the screen I left it overnight thinking it might take some time but came in the morning and the same screen was showing I then powered it back down and tried again only Black Screen hangs after green bar this time tried to go in safe mode with comand prompt and it started however hung on windows system drivers crcdisk sys How do I resolve this and use my computer again Oh and I have also tried re-installing windows but again it gets to a blue windows screen with just a mouse arrow and hangs I have tried pretty much everything I have read online and nothing is working I am not a computer tech and don't know much about Vista so please if you need more info please let me know trendynontech

A:Black Screen hangs after green bar

This link might be a some help to you.

Windows Vista freezes when booting on crcdisk.sys

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/280014-black-screen-hangs-after-green-bar.html
Relevancy 62.35%

When surfing the web with IE 6 or doing a file search with Win explorer my screen goes black and the system must be manually restarted, any ideas. Thanks,
broketech

Relevancy 62.35%

Hello,
I bought this new computer 2 months ago and i've been having some problems.
It randomly freezes while playing games (mostly WoW) or just doing other things, first the picture freezes while the mouse is still working, then the sound and the mouse cursor stop and the screen goes black saying "No Signal" and after few seconds the computer restarts.
I have attached the last 2 minidump files (only have 2 since i re-installed the windows not long ago).
I bought a new PSU few weeks ago and still i get the same crashes.
My computer configuration is:
MB: Asus M4N98TD Evo
CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 260 3.2GHz
VGA: Asus EAH5750 1GB DDR5
RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz Kingston
HDD: WDC WD1600JS
PSU: Delux ATX 800W P4

Can you help me about this problem? Because at the moment i have no idea what might be causing the problems.
Thank you.

Relevancy 62.35%

Thank you in advance for any help that can demystify what is going on with this box The PC is a intermittent black freeze and screen custom build about years old running XP SP AMD Athalon GHZ GB ram NVIDIA Gforce display with no apparent conflicts Not a screamer by today s standard but well built and reliable until now Recently while accessing a website s quot map location quot feature my screen froze and went black for about intermittent freeze and black screen seconds before recovering The symptom can be best described as a crash or quot labored quot Refresh Coincidence perhaps Unfortunately since that episode intermittent freeze and black screen the problems began Although in Normal Mode - the pc still intermittent freeze and black screen boots up fast displaying the desktop as normal however it continuously freezes the screen goes black and comes to a crawl while start up processes load In all processes listed in TM the CPU usage is between - After start up the symptoms continue every seconds- black screen and intermittent freezing The mouse freezes and are also intermittent Click events are non reactive or take an inordinate amout of time minutes to respond Rightclick context menus are ghost translucent in appearance Programs are slow or won t load at all I made several attempts to stop running processes via the task manager and misconfig in effort to pinpoint rule out the possibility of a software causing the problem Processes are impossible to stop via task manager since the mouse locks up and screen continues it s second freeze blackout cycle The machine works flawlessly in Safe Mode where I attempted to tick off several start up processes in misconfig Applying the settings and rebooting into normal mode unfortunately had no effect on the problem I opened the box case cleaned and blew out any dust and debris with psi including the power supply Removed the ram two gig sticks and tested then one at a time in combination and alternating slots No change in the symptoms The only recent changes made before the problems occurred- were software installed iTunes about two weeks ago with no problems and with no problems to the machine AVG - up to date scans reveal no threats in the past daysMbam - up to date full scan mode reveal no threatsSAS - up to date full scan mode reveal on threatsI just updated the NVIDA driver as I m typing this- The new driver threw the pc in a continuous loop causing it reboot on it s own times in a row I am not that skilled in trouble shooting- Anyone have any ideas or procedures to check against hardware vs software diagnosis Thanks again

A:intermittent freeze and black screen

You didn't post the make and model of the motherboard. Does it have integrated graphics? If it does, pull your graphics card and use the integrated to see if this makes a difference.

Edit:

Does the computer boot to a working state now?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/376971/intermittent-freeze-and-black-screen/
Relevancy 62.35%

I will just be generally using my laptop browsing the internet or using programs such as photoshop and my system will freeze up for about 10 seconds and then will turn to a black screen forcing me to shut the system down via the power button. This happens at least once a day and most commonly occurs when opening photoshop. My laptop is a Packard bell EasyNote TE69KB, ive been looking for solutions for days but nothing seemed to help.
Please help me if you can, thanks

A:Windows 8.1 freeze then black screen please help

Your computer might not be able to handle PhotoShop.

System requirements | Photoshop

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/39550-windows-8-1-freeze-then-black-screen-please-help.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi guys I m not entirely sure but I think this problem started around the time I upgraded my GPU to an ATI Its really strange and VERY annoying Doesn t happen all the time but only right after logging in to Windows XP and while the windows chime is playing the sound will cut off and the monitor will turn off freeze log & screen XP after black Solved: in no signal and then nothing happens no restart Solved: XP freeze & black screen after log in no blue screen I have to restart the PC manually I can t even get into damn safe mode because all I am faced with is a black screen monitor is on but no picture I have done all the basic steps i e Virus Scan even root kit scan Check Disk Memory Test tried disabling services and programs also did a Windows Repair to no avail If only I could get into quot Safe Mode quot I could do some more testing I have a feeling its got something to do with the graphics card problem is I don t have a spare card that I can test or a spare PC to test it in at this time Any ideas Specs XP Pro SP ASUS M N-SLI Deluxe AMD Athlon X ghz Gb Ram non dual channel ATI Radeon Really appreciate any help from experienced Support guru s out there nbsp

A:Solved: XP freeze & black screen after log in

$20 to the person who helps me resolve this, I promise.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-xp-freeze-black-screen-after-log-in.973889/
Relevancy 62.35%

After a period of time with the machine not rebooting (just fan running, no screen, looks like no disk i/o) it finally booted and it seemed like it was working. Then the cursor froze again, then black screen, and now I can not reboot again. I noticed that wuauclt.exe (supposedly windows update) was running as well as some other suspicions apps before it froze. What would you recommend I use to eliminate any malicious software, provided I can get this machine booted up again?

Relevancy 62.35%

Hello there to keep this post as short as possible heres the long story short I a fairly old computer I got some upgraded parts for it a few weeks ago here are the statistics of the computer Old means its been there for a long time year and new is the stuff I got recently Pentium Ghz Processor Old GB Corsair DD RAM New NVIDIA GeForce GTS New x MB Hard Drives New Windows XP And the motherboard is old and Im not sure what model sry The problem is sometimes when I am playing my games the computer sometimes freezes as in I'm playing the game and suddenly the game freezes and the screen goes black and indicates theres quot no signal quot on the monitor dispite the computer still making running noises also if I bang the computer by accident eg bumping into it I also goes to a black screen usally after restarting after this error I does not load just gives multiple beeps so I have to leave it offline for about minutes before it loads again I doubt its overheating as I checked for blockage dust on the fans non-working fans etc but they are all running fine anyone know what wrong with my computer Black Computer Odd Freeze Screen /

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/odd-computer-freeze-black-screen-198457.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I m running the latest screen HELP! Vista freeze! black Vista RC build I believe It has been Vista black screen freeze! HELP! running fine with no boot problems but then tonight I was burning a CD and it tried to write then froze on and I tried to access Windows explorer at the same time before it would allow me to navigate anything it froze and I could do nothing not even CTRL ALT DEL I was forced to turn off the computer at the tower Upon reboot it gets past the Windows Vista animated progress bar screen and then turns black and halts there It does nothing more I tried Safe Mode but when it s loading the files it halts on crcdisk sys and never moves I m pretty much stuck I unplugged every single USB device from the back of the machine as well no change I have made NO recent hardware or software installations If I could get back into Safe Mode I could at least run a system restore but as of right now it s not letting me do anything I don t use SATA drives or drivers so that is not an issue concerning crcdisk sys If no one knows anything by tomorrow afternoon I m going to go through the lengthy process of swapping hard drives with another PC and reinstalling Vista on a clean hard drive I really don t want to have to do this if it s not necessary Someone give me something else to try please Cheers nbsp

A:Vista black screen freeze! HELP!

Did you get an answer for this problem? I have the same problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-black-screen-freeze-help.520335/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello I am having problems with my computer which i cannot solve myself so i will describe my problem and i hope someone will help me The problem is that when working on the computer either playing World of Warcraft or watching movies facebook youtube that kinda stuff sometimes my screen freezes while the mouse cursor is still moving for another secs and the sound is still on then after those secs the mouse stops and the sound stops either and i get black screen on my monitor saying quot No Signal quot and i have to restart the computer so it goes back to work again I tried OCCT tests for the CPU and my VGA but i get no errors and normal temperatures I Black screen freeze then Computer tried Computer freeze then Black screen MemTest on my RAM and the first time i did it the computer crashed the same way it does after mins of the test the next day i started the test again and it ran smoothly for couple of hours with no errors So if anyone can help me with this problem I would be very grateful I dunno for sure if its Computer freeze then Black screen the RAM that is cosing the problems or anything else like the graphic card or something else My computer configuration is Motherboard Asus M N TD EVO CPU AMD Athlon II X GHz VGA Asus EAH Formula GB DDR RAM x GB DDR Mhz Kingston I'm looking forward to hearing from you

A:Computer freeze then Black screen

when testing the ram did you run memtest with one stick in at a time?

what is the make model and wattage of your power supply? if youdo not open the case and have a look at the label on the psu.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/computer-freeze-then-black-screen-577876.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Recently my computer has Screen, Freeze, Black Restart been freezing at certain times I ve come to think it must be a problem either with my hardware or my windows but I thought it would be best to get more expert info instead of diving head Freeze, Black Screen, Restart first into the problem The main problem that occurs is the random freezing My computer will suddenly freeze and I would have to manually restart it in order for it to work again I have noticed that the frequency of the freezes start to decrease after a few manual restarts via power button but it can still tend to freeze later during use Sometimes the screen will freeze and after a few seconds will be followed by a grayish black screen and then a restart At certain times when I recover from a restart Windows will provide an error report Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP E DC BCP BCP C ED BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users gene AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Any help in diagnosing the problem and fixing it will be appreciated

A:Freeze, Black Screen, Restart

Download BlueScreenView (in Zip file)No installation required.Unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/375357/freeze-black-screen-restart/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi all I have DIYed a PC weeks ago for gaming internet purpose with the following config - ASRock Z Pro -M MB - Intel i G CPU - Team Elite DDR x G Ram - WD Caviar Blue GB HD - Sapphire HD Vapor-X OC G GDDR - FSP W Aurum Gold PSU - Windows bit Ultimate However it got randomly freeze and black screen in windows in different scenario - Freeze at Screen Saver - Freeze after away for a few mins - Freeze during Skype Gameplay with repeat sound playing during freeze - New Screen on Random PC Freeze/Black Black screen during Shutdown - gt Windows Random Freeze/Black Screen on New PC Update Installing Basically it can freeze any time after starting up without special observable pattern One thing is that it usually - freeze during the first minutes after starting up windows However sometimes it can work for a few hours normally after the -minutes time What I've done so far but the problem still persist - WD Data Lifeguard Diagnostic v Quick Test Extended Test - gt No Error Found - Memtest overnight for passes - gt No Error or Hang - Stress Stability Test in OCCT FurMark Prime Aida - gt Temperate of CPU GPU up to C seems normal and no freeze during test - Power Supply Test in OCCT - gt The voltage seems stable - Update BIOS to the latest version - Installed Windows XP SP -bit - gt Same problem - Adjust the Ram Voltage from Auto to V - The voltage in BIOS seems normal within range - Disabled quot Link State Power Management quot in Power Options - Testing in progress Boot Random Freeze/Black Screen on New PC into Safe Mode w Networking - gt No Random Freeze/Black Screen on New PC problem so far for hours I'm not sure if it's software driver issue or hardware problem It doesn't look like problem of Ram HD given the test results I was using Laptop before I don't have any spare parts to switch in for testing individual part now I saw in PSU forum that FSP is not good I'm thinking to buy another good one as suggested in PSU forum but the PSU is new and there are so far no freeze in safe mode DOS testing programs I'm not sure if it's PSU issue I have been searching in Google and tried the things I found but still no clue at all Please advise anything I can do further to locate remedy the issue

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-freeze-black-screen-on-new-pc-650538.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Since two months ago, I started getting black and frozen screen for no reason. Sometimes it would automatically recover itself and give a message "Display Driver AMD Stopped Responding Has Successfully Recovered" but other times, it would need a reset.

The last few days I was getting blue screen error message, see below.
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: 897ED510
BCP2: 98D7460E
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000002
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Kindly advise what is wrong? Many thanks in advance.

A:Black & Freeze Screen after PC started

Welcome aboard, angryfly.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {897ed510, 98d7460e, 0, 2}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+760e )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: 897ed510, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: 98d7460e, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: 00000000, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 00000002, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
atikmpag+760e
98d7460e 8bff mov edi,edi

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

STACK_TEXT:
90ac35f0 9a9c607b 00000116 897ed510 98d7460e nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x1e
90ac3614 9a9ba937 98d7460e 00000000 00000002 dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0x8d
90ac3638 98c0692c 00000000 00000000 90ac36f8 dxgkrnl!TdrIsRecoveryRequired+0xb8
90ac36b0 98c2dc1d fffffcfb 00002155 00000000 dxgmms1!VidSchiReportHwHang+0x3c0
90ac36dc 98c205ed 874bf008 90ac36f8 00000102 dxgmms1!VidSchWaitForCompletionEvent+0x16f
90ac3758 98c21a74 890bd6a0 00000000 884f6000 dxgmms1!VIDMM_DMA_POOL::WaitDmaBufferNotBusy+0x91
90ac3780 98c150c8 884f6124 00000000 884f6000 dxgmms1!VIDMM_DMA_POOL::AcquireBuffer+0x17c
90ac386c 98c15af4 884f6224 00000000 00000001 dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::FlushPagingBufferInternal+0x3c6
90ac38ac 98c19acd 00000000 00000000 90ac38d4 dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::CompleteBuildPagingBufferIteration+0x23e
90ac39f4 98c1bc76 00000000 00000001 00000003 dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::MapVideoApertureSegmentInternal+0x11b
90ac3a34 98c2a0d2 ac692458 00000003 000006ec dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::MapVideoApertureSegment+0xf8
90ac3a64 98c298f0 ac692458 000006ec 00000082 dxgmms1!VIDMM_APERTURE_SEGMENT::MapApertureRange+0x2c
90ac3a94 98c18edb ac692458 00000000 87f12870 dxgmms1!VIDMM_APERTURE_SEGMENT::CommitResource+0xe8
90ac3ac0 98c1a8b4 8a2c2800 00000003 87f0e2f0 dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::PageInAllocations+0x8f
90ac3bb8 98c31850 90cb3380 00000000 87f12870 dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::PrepareDmaBuffer+0x95e
90ac3d18 98c32141 86c9ac78 85ff73b8 90ac3d3c dxgmms1!VidSchiSubmitRenderCommand+0x1c0
90ac3d28 98c323de 86c9ac78 8304abb9 874bf008 dxgmms1!VidSchiSubmitQueueCommand+0x61
90ac3d3c 98c32485 874bf008 00000000 890af538 dxgmms1!VidSchiRun_PriorityTable+0x24
90ac3d50 8321e07a 874bf008 b82f5d4f 00000000 dxgmms1!VidSchiWorkerThread+0x7f
90ac3d90 830c4819 98c32406 874bf008 00000000 nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x9e
00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 nt!KiThreadStartup+0x19
STACK_COMMAND: .bugcheck ; kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
atikmpag+760e
98d7460e 8bff mov edi,edi

SYMBOL_NAME: atikmpag+760e

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: atikmpag

IMAGE_NAME: atikmpag.sys

DEBUG_FLR_I... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/262628-black-freeze-screen-after-pc-started.html
Relevancy 61.92%

It installed in another machine in a virtual environment, no problem.

In this machine, it installed, then re-booted itself (to complete setup?), I selected W7, and after 'Starting Windows', it goes black, with a cursor.

No rt-click, no Ctrl+Alt+Del, no Shift+F10, nothing lights up.

Ideas here?

A:RTM install hangs with black screen + cursor...

So I turned on my Sony TV in the other room, and Windows was using that as display #1. The monitor (#2) was not configured, so was not displaying.

On the Sony, I found 700 instances of Admin CLI boxes open. This machine is not online.

I have seen on the same machine, with Linux booted, dialogue boxes, such as for naming a file or folder, filling up with 1's. Once, it was in a command line window, and when I closed the window, a desktop file started adding 1's to the file name.

Could this be a BIOS virus??? BIOS bug?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rtm-install-hangs-with-black-screen-cursor.974970/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hey guys new to the forums i quot m having a problem with my computer Like the title says recently my computer has been quot freezing quot then both my screens go black and then there is no response and I have to manually restart the PC by holding down the power button I don't get a BSOD but I do goes hangs, crash Screen Black and System get the following Kernal-Power critical event System hangs, Screen goes Black and crash Code - System hangs, Screen goes Black and crash System - Provider Name Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Guid System hangs, Screen goes Black and crash C B A- - C -AC E- C D B EventID Version Level Task Opcode Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Correlation - Execution ProcessID ThreadID - Security UserID S- - - - EventData BugcheckCode BugcheckParameter xffffe be d d BugcheckParameter xfffff e dbbc BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter xd SleepInProgress PowerButtonTimestamp BootAppStatus My PC specs are as follows CPU AMD FX Ghz x prime tested and stable CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D with x Noctua fans Motherboard Asus M a fx pro r Ram Adata XPG x GB Mhz ram Overvolted to v GPU Asus Strix GTX Factory overclock Power Supply Corsair CX M watt My PC isn't overheating temperatures never go above on the core and the socket GPU temperatures are also low I have all up to date drivers Infact I even rolled back my GPU driver because I thought that was the cause of it but it still happens I'm about to run a Memtest Sorry if I'm missing something but I'll gladly post anything else that's required edit I checked the minidump file and this is what was shown as the problem Code Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck ffffe be d d fffff e dbbc d Unable to load image SystemRoot system DRIVERS nvlddmkm sys Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm sys Probably caused by nvlddmkm sys nvlddmkm bbc Followup MachineOwner

A:System hangs, Screen goes Black and crash

Before I read the entirety of your post, I was about to mention that 278 converted to Hexademical is in fact 0x116, which is a BSOD bugcheck code.

Please post using - Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista

Moreover, whilst your posting your dump files, I would suggest updating your graphics card drivers, since almost always Stop 0x116's are related to those said drivers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/system-hangs-screen-goes-black-and-crash-918330.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello My windows installation won t start anymore It hangs at a black screen when the login screen should appear point quot quot below is the current state This is the history The windows xp wouldn t boot even the XP logo didn t appear I found out it was hangs before at black screen windows login XP because of a virus running in safe mode showed an error message I was able to remove some files that looked supicious from the WINDOWS system directory by booting into linux and mounting the windows disk there also ran ClamAV etc some of the windows XP hangs at black screen before login files I removed were quot khvcol exe quot quot gp exe quot with a space At that point I tried to boot the windows and it did boot again However I still got some annoying popups which I thought were related to more viruses so I went ahead and removed some more files the same way as above Now when I try to boot it hangs at this black screen when the login windows XP hangs at black screen before login screen should appear I m afraid I may have removed a file too many this is what I removed WINDOWS system lsass exe I already discovered that lsass exe windows XP hangs at black screen before login was not to be removed but I kept a backup copy and put it back WINDOWS NtServicePackUninstall lsass exe I read somewhere that when present anywhere other than WINDOWS system this is probably a virus WINDOWS ServicePackFiles i lsass exe I read somewhere that when present anywhere other than WINDOWS system this is probably a virus WINDOWS system app dll dll Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Temp khvcol exe Program Files MSN Gaming Zone Windows hrtzzm exe my guess is that lsass exe is the problem because it has something to do with login can anyone help me get this windows running again thanks Tim nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-hangs-at-black-screen-before-login.971477/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello I have a problem with installing Windows on my pc I get either black screen or the installation hangs installation hangs/black Windows screen 7 completly and the only thing I can do is restarting my pc The black screen usually appears before reaching the very first window where you choose your OS language or right before the second boot at quot completing installation quot Windows 7 installation hangs/black screen step The installation hangs at random points but usually at quot unpacking files quot The weirdest thing is that I managed to install the Win on Sunday I turned off the VGA adapter but I'am not sure if that was what solved the problem but it hanged black screened min after the quot Welcome quot screen Windows XP installs with no problem so I don't know what is the problem with the WIn I also checked my PC before installing Win with the program Windows 7 installation hangs/black screen that checks hardware software compatibility I forgot what Windows 7 installation hangs/black screen it's called What is going on I'am not english so I'am sorry if I misspelled something

A:Windows 7 installation hangs/black screen

Where did you get Win7? Did you burn the Disk yourself? If so try another at 4x speed.

Unplug all other HD's and peripherals, Boot into BIOS setup to see if there is an EFI Boot Disk in BIOS Boot order. If so remove it, set DVD drive first to boot. If EFI BIOS also set to Legacy BIOS. Then set SATA controller to AHCI. Save changes and Exit.

Then boot into installer DVD or flash stick burned or written using tool and latest ISO here.
How to Boot your Computer from a Bootable CD or DVD

At first installer screen Press Shift + F10 to open a Command Box, type:

DISKPART
LIST DISK
SEL DIS 0 (after confirming Windows 7 target HD #)
CLEAN
CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY SIZE=102400 (for 100gb partition, adjust as desired)
FORMAT FS=NTFS LABEL="WINDOWS 7"
ACTIVE
EXIT
EXIT

Next click Install Now to Clean Install Windows 7 to the partition you created. If it fails then report back at which step and the verbatim error message.

In addition read over these steps to understand the tools and methods which work best to get and maintain a perfect Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7. The steps are the same for retail.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/264154-windows-7-installation-hangs-black-screen.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello and thank you for reading this When installing a few new updates to my Windows Vista bit SP the computer hung at the Hangs on black Vista at start up screen shut down screen for over an hour After manually shutting down the computer it was unable to boot up again This has happened before not with a forces shut down but the same problem Vista Hangs on black screen at start up on start up I was able to rectify it before by booting from the install disc but I am not able to have any luck this time around When starting Vista Hangs on black screen at start up up normally the computer starts up in regular fashion however after the Windows logo and the green loading bar the screen goes blank and hangs for as long as I am willing to leave it When trying to start up from disc the computer starts up in regular fashion but after the white loading bar where it is starting up windows services and then the green loading bar with the Windows logo the screen lights up with the Vista background blue back ground but simply hangs there for as long as I am willing to leave it I left it over night and it hung at that screen without giving me the language select or any further recovery options Here are the steps above and beyond that I have already taken - Booting from C in safe mode when loading stops at windows system Drivers aswRvrt sys - Booting from C with last known good configuration hangs on blank screen - Booting from C in safe mode with cmd prompt stops at windows system Drivers aswRvrt sys - Booting from disc hangs at blue Vista screen no language select window no system recovery options no windows whatsoever just the use of the mouse - Booting from disc in safe mode loads all the way through hangs on black screen with safe mode in all corners Windows Vista SP at the top and movement of the mouse cursor Tried alt ctrl del to access task manager but it is not responsive - Booting from disc with last known good configuration hangs on blue Vista screen same as above - Booting from disc in safe mode with cmd prompt same as booting in regular safe mode Each time I have tried to restart the computer I have attempted to reset the memory by unplugging the computer holding the power button for at least one minute plugging the power adapter back in and starting over again I know that the hardware for both the HDD and the disc tray are in working order as they were working well last night before the install of these new updates If the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results then I should be declared insane a long time ago I am not sure where to even go from here My knowledge is spent and I cannot find anyone else with the same problems on any forums I am hoping bleeping computer can come to the rescue Any help would be appreciated Best -Ryan

A:Vista Hangs on black screen at start up

Have you tried runnig a windows repair with the installaition disk?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/551273/vista-hangs-on-black-screen-at-start-up/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello I m one of the seemingly many people that is having issues of a new PC hanging whilst playing stressful D games I ve had the problem come and go over the past few months either disappearing or changing pattern I ll firstly give my system specs those I think are relevant if anyone wants more info I have AIDA and Everest so I should be able to find out that which I do not know Next I ll outline the history of the issue how it has changed patterns or lack thereof and how when the issue arises Lastly screen hangs) (computer death of That black I ll list the things I have done to rectify the problem and what I have done to explore into the issue to find out why it is happening PC Specs - AMD Athlon MHz - Gigabyte K Triton Motherboard - Mb of PC DDR RAM two s - Sapphire Radeon Graphics Card Mb bit GPU MHz - Gb Seagate Barracuda HDD Mb cache RPM Partitioned into one Gb partition and one Gb partition no idea how I lost so much after formatting I expected it That black screen of death (computer hangs) but not to be so drastic The HDD does have written on it however - Direct X c - Running Windows Pro service pack Problem History - PC puchased approximately months or more ago - First D game ran on the PC shortly after purchase C amp C Generals - Game ran fine on highest possible settings as you would expect given the specifications of the machine - After a few hours of gaming one night the screen goes black and into standby mode PC stops responding to mouse movement or keystrokes Manual reset is required - Problem persisted at apparently random times Sometimes the PC would be cold booted and run C amp C Generals for minutes before hanging then after a reboot it could do the same thing again after minutes or it could happen in hours - Some time later about weeks ago I purchase more games Tribes Tribes Vengeance Half Life Counterstrike Source - Tribes Vengeance presented me with the exact same issues as that of when running C amp C Generals Tribes HL and CS S display no problems whatsoever even when running on the highest settings I even ran CS S for around hours straight yeah I got addicted to that game with no issues arising - After about a week and hours gameplay total between HL and CS S the same black screen problem occurred in CS S after about minutes of gameplay Rebooting and playing the game again resulted in a repeated PC hang - HL now freezes A small clip of sound usually the walking sound effect will loop for a short time when this happens PC is unresponsive and requires a manual reset Things tried - I have viewed these threads http www techspot com vb all wind lank-during- d-game-play-on-new-computer html http www techspot com vb printthread php t http www techspot com vb printthread php t - Ran Prime via bootable CD no problems whatsoever Test ran for just over minutes - Computer has been tested on cold boots after being off overnight Straight into a game of HL - minutes of game play then a hang CS S usually will hang anywhere from minutes in up to half an hour or so I haven t gotten more than minutes or so on one session of CS S since the problem reappeared Tribes Vengeance can go for at least two hours because I played it for that long with no problems but I have not tested this game or C amp C Generals much at all yet - Ran PC with side case off No change - Ran PC with large fan blowing into the case No change - Attepted to find utilities for finding temperatures of CPU and GPU Thus far unsuccessful - Drivers reinstalled and also tried different older drivers No change - Did clean install of Win k after the problem first arised in C amp C Generals No change for that game but HL and CS S worked for the two weeks or so on the same install - Got the quot ATI Utility quot which is used to overclock ATI cards I used this to benchmark the GPU as the application tests the GPU to see how far it can safely go Since the GPU can be overclocked somewhat far it got to before I aborted I decided that was enough for this purpose Doi... Read more

A:That black screen of death (computer hangs)

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

May I say what a well written post you have.

First, what psu do you have? The reason I ask is because depending on the power output, and quality or your psu, it may be the culprit in all this.

Go HERE and use this handy psu wattage calculator. Bear in mind, that a generic no name psu will struggle to put out anywhere near it`s advertised rated wattage. Even a good quality psu only achieves around 70% efficiency.

What are your cpu temps? This is another area that may need looking at.

You can download the Speedfan programme from HERE. Also do you have the cool `n` quiet feature of your cpu enabled? If so turn it off, and see if this helps. You can do this by going into your bios. I know this may sound strange, but I recently did this to a friends computer, who was having a similar problem, and it did seem to help. If it doesn`t help, then you can always turn it on again.

And last but not least. It may be an idea to test you ram for errors. Download and run the Memtest86+ programme from www.memtest.org.

Let it run for at least seven passes. If you don`t have a floppy drive, there is an iso version, that you can burn to cd, and then boot from that.

I don`t know if any of the above will help.

Regards and good luck Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/that-black-screen-of-death-computer-hangs.29498/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hey I have been having this problem for a week now black hangs; Computer randomly. screen My computer randomly quot hangs quot This is the screen suddenly goes black if I was listening to music playing a game or something the background sound also stops and shows a small purpleish window saying quot Modo de Ahorro de Energ a quot it's in spanish so roughly translated it means something along the lines of quot Energy Saving Mode quot This happens Computer hangs; black screen randomly. randomly Could either occur when I start my computer in the middle of a game or hours later Computer hangs; black screen randomly. after turning it on Nothing I do can help this My keyboard does not respond and neither does the quot Reset quot button My only option is to unplug and plug it back in I use Windows XP I've scanned my computer multiple times with multiple different programs for viruses and malware and nothing popped up I believe it might be a piece of hardware that's near death by now What do I do

A:Computer hangs; black screen randomly.

you could reset to factory defaults. If your translation is correct Energy saving mode is your setting changed for system to hibernate so resetting to f/defauly will make a change

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/computer-hangs-black-screen-randomly-649371.html
Relevancy 61.92%

As per title, screen will hang, sometimes going black. I get feedback from the speakers. Keyboard and mouse are both unresponsive. Has happened with games both online and offline.
Attached SF Diag tool files.

A:Screen hangs, sometimes going black, feedback from speakers.

Have you tried system restore?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/246974-screen-hangs-sometimes-going-black-feedback-speakers.html
Relevancy 61.92%

The Problem is related to my Dell laptop Inspiron - My Restore point not form even in install and uninstall of an application When Problem arise then first I go for restore and there error comes that no restore point exist So I can t able to recover or restore my system My System hang very much when I start it in normal mode and it hangs show also much Hangs System Screen Black too My and for around min after showing window icons with black screen and then after minutes welcome screen came then My System Hangs too much and also show Black Screen it hangs around to min with black screen and then show desktop Also when I click on any program and run as administartor the system hangs for min and also sometime program not open Moreover whenever I am trying to resume my window it cannot resume showing memory reference problem by saying that system is trying to access the location but data is saved in location In place of above some hexadecimal address shown it shown in startup before resuming and then My System Hangs too much and also show Black Screen it gives option Click OK to terminate and cancel to debug on clicking any one from these two system remains in black screen and don t show anything then I have to restart forcefully by pressing My System Hangs too much and also show Black Screen power button of my laptop then it follows same procedure as explain in para above it It hangs too much I get fed up from this It sometimes gives error during working that Windows explorer has stopped working and windows explorer is restarting It took about to minutes Kindly help me I also came to know about Hijack This Software With Whom I hijack my system and I save a log file which is as follows - Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Microsoft Encarta Encarta Premium DVD EDICT EXE C Program Files x Nokia Nokia PC Suite PCSuite exe C Program Files x Internet Download Manager IDMan exe C Program Files x Metacafe MetacafeAgent exe C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Program Files x BSNL G Data Card BSNL G Resource MCtlSuc exe C Program Files x TATA DOCOMO G UIExec exe D Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Ask com Updater Updater exe C Program Files x Dell Webcam Dell Webcam Central WebcamDell exe D Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BluetoothHeadsetProxy exe C Program Files x Internet Download Manager IEMonitor exe C Program Files x PC Connectivity Solution Transports NclMSBTSrvEx exe F softwares HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co in R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook UrlSearchHook Class - - E - FD - - F E FC - C Program Files x Ask com GenericAskToolbar dll R - URLSearchHook BrotherSoft Extreme Toolbar - a bb - - c - a - ee f - C Program Files x BrotherSoft Extreme tbBrot dll F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO IDM Helper - C - - B-A BF- B C A A - C Program Files x Internet Download Manager IDMIECC dll O - BHO no name -... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-system-hangs-too-much-and-also-show-black-screen.1052420/
Relevancy 61.92%

I haven't have this problem before, so I am really at a lost how to solve this stupid problem.

Brand new hardware. Bios booted fine, 1st boot set to CD-ROM.
Put in Windows XP cd, booting.... then it goes into black screen. Nothing responds. I assumed PC hanged cos the capslock or scrolllock doesn't work.

What's wrong? CD is definitely good cos I have used that in my laptop and it worked fine.

This is my specs:
-------------------------
DFI Lan Party NF4 Ultra-D
Kingston 2x 512MB PC3200
LG DVD Writer
Leadteak GeForce 6600GT
Hitachi 160GB SATA
no floppy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-xp-installation-hangs-at-black-screen-on-cd-boot.392814/
Relevancy 61.92%

Okay, I've seen many people with this problem, and all of the solutions provided do not seem to work for me. I've had the problem of vista hanging at a black screen every now and then, but after a few restarts it would boot up fine. Now though, its not booting up at all, displays the vista loading screen and then hangs at a black screen. I've tried running safe mode(s) and last known configuration to no avail. Safe mode hangs after it gets to crcdisk.sys (I've let it sit there for about 30 minutes) and last known configuration just hangs at the black screen too. I've tried inserting my factory restore cd, and it loads up to the screen with a vista background and a mouse, but does nothing else (I've let that one load for about an hour or two) I would very much like some help please.

A:Vista hangs at black screen on start up

d/load and run the h/drive makers diagnostic utility on the h/drive

http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287

what are you running
video card
cpu
m/board
ram
power supply
brand
wattage

check the listings in the bios for voltages and temperatures and post them

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-hangs-at-black-screen-on-start-up-424166.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I am new here so apologies for being a newbie. I have a mid ranged gaming tower from ncix. That's about 7 months old. Its a 64bit windows 7 with 12gbs ram and 1tb hard drive.

I was playing Starcraft with friends earlier today when suddenly the computer restarted during the match and was unable to boot up again after the sudden restart. It hangs at a black screen with the blinking underscore.

Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and sorry if this has been posted before.

A:Computer hangs at black screen on startup.

Can you start it in safe mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-hangs-at-black-screen-on-startup.1005601/
Relevancy 61.92%

Motherboard eVGA nForce Black Windows Hangs Up on Screen XP Boot 64 i SLI A - motherboard - ATX - nForce i SLI - LGA Socket CPU Intel C Q Q GHZ OEM RAM GB OS Windows XP Pro My problem started a few days ago after I changed my virtual memory settings Now I can Windows XP 64 Boot Hangs Up on Black Screen t get booted up After six hours two days I got it to finally boot up It gets to the Windows Logo and then goes to a black screen and hangs I Windows XP 64 Boot Hangs Up on Black Screen can t get past it now Tried to boot into the Recovery utility with the Windows disk but can t seem to get into it and use it I tried using the bootcfg and fixboot commands but doesn t seem to have helped Windows XP 64 Boot Hangs Up on Black Screen I hate to have to re-install Windows XP Pro and not even sure if I can do that the way the PC hangs up Could it be a hardware problem Should I flash the BIOS Upgrade to Windows nbsp

A:Windows XP 64 Boot Hangs Up on Black Screen

May be Hard drives goes bad. Once it does, and if it is only half alive, it will go into mode where it registers itself as such and such harddrive, but when programs try to access any data, it will hang... It sounds like this is the case. You need to get new hard drive.
If computer hangs when it tries to access harddrive, it usually means that it is not accessible anymore by any software means. If this is the case, you need to contact professional data recovery services

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-64-boot-hangs-up-on-black-screen.946987/
Relevancy 61.92%

Motherboard: eVGA nForce 780i SLI 775 A1 - motherboard - ATX - nForce 780i SLI - LGA775 Socket
CPU: Intel C2Q Q9300 2.50 GHZ OEM
RAM: 4MB

My problem started a few days ago after I changed my virtual memory settings. Now I can't get booted up. After six hours two days I got it to finally boot up. It gets to the Windows Logo and then goes to a black screen and hangs. I can't get past it now.

Tried to boot into the Recovery utility with the Windows disk, but can't seem to get into it and use it.

I tried using the bootcfg and fixboot commands but doesn't seem to have helped.

I hate to have to re-install Windows XP 64 Pro, and not even sure if I can do that, the way the PC hangs up.

Could it be a hardware problem? Should I flash the BIOS? Upgrade to Windows 7?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-64-boot-hangs-up-on-black-screen-510636.html
Relevancy 61.92%

As the title explains, I have a new HTPC I built with the following equipment.

Motherboard: Intel DG45ID Socket 775 Motherboard
CPU: Intel Pentium Dual Core E2200 2.2Gh
Memory: Kingston 4096MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz (2x2048)

I have a 500gb with three primary partitions

100gb XP Pro
100gb (for win 7)
rest for data

Using a booting USB and selecting clean install, the install completes mostly, it reboots a few times like normal. When it should be time to enter the key, the screen is completely black *except* for the Windows 7 watermark.

Are there any known issues with this board and the on-board graphics chip?

Can anybody recommend a HDMI card to drive my Plasma Display that has good 7 support?

Thanks !

A:Install hangs with black screen and watermark only

What type of Video card do you have?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/8906-install-hangs-black-screen-watermark-only.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello nbsp Recently i bought a Aspire nbsp V - G- YJ Windows bits with the latest bios and drivers nbsp Almost every time that the screen goes down because of inactivity when i try to wake up the laptop the keyboard leds turn on but the screen keeps black and seems like the pc freeze I have V3-575G-72YJ screen freeze black to force the shut nbsp down reboot using the turn on off nbsp button key on keyboard Also sometimes when i shut down the V3-575G-72YJ black screen freeze laptop using the option on windows the V3-575G-72YJ black screen freeze laptop also freeze and i need to force shut down with the button key on keyboard nbsp I did some research and i found nbsp that probably the problem is with the Intel's Management Engine driver it's on version I read that this version cause some problems of this kind I tried to do a downgrade to a older version or but i can't I guess that the bios or something like that is blocking it nbsp Can someone help me with nbsp this problem nbsp Thank you

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/V3-575G-72YJ-black-screen-freeze/m-p/426499
Relevancy 61.49%

well it happens often (specially when i scroll... and strangely even more often in iTunes) that the pc freezes for a moment (though i can move the mouse pointer) after a few seconds the screen goes black and then everything works again...

i went to the eventviewer
no event

i went thousands of times with several spyware/adware programs through the entire computer
...well lots of spyware every time, but still nothing about my problem....

tried Norton
nothing

has anyone got an idea?

A:short freeze->black screen->normal again

Sounds like your monitor or your grafic caed is playing up.

I would delete monitor driver and reboot.If that doesnt help reinstal gafics card driver.

Edit- try a different monitor.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/short-freeze-black-screen-normal-again-66117.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I run windows xp. I have 4 accounts set up: two admin and one each for my wife and grandson (These are not admin accounts) when my wife or grandson logs off, the computer often will switch to a black screen and it freezes. F drive is my main drive. Need help. Thanks I have tried deleting the non-admin accounts and re-establishing them to no avail. This is a repeat post.

Looking for help.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel Pentium III Xeon processor, x86 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 6
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3326 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6670, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 305234 MB, Free - 147823 MB; F: Total - 953859 MB, Free - 805067 MB; G: Total - 476929 MB, Free - 83979 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., P5N-D
Antivirus: Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-professional-logoff-freeze-and-black-screen.1109529/
Relevancy 61.49%

Ok this started a few weeks ago while playing SWTOR all of a sudden out of no where my screen flashes black and quot windows blue quot and back black or times then just freezes no mouse no keyboard nothing my Black no error proof or any screen, freeze, computer is right at a year old I have an FX- and during these times its running at about - C max is C and at most around on or more cores there is nothing I can come up with why this is happening no reports no error codes everything seems to be running as good as day one I regularly clean the computer of dust atleast every other month When this happens I Black screen, freeze, no error or any proof am forced to do a hard shutdown start up until today has been very usual but today after it got to login screen it automatically bypassed my PW and logged me in and then crashed Confused and Scared its the MB or VC GTX Ti cant remember how to find out MB info Black screen, freeze, no error or any proof but ill get back to it asap

A:Black screen, freeze, no error or any proof

not to mention when it freezes to the black screen its got like little white lines randomly throughout the monitor.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/336492-black-screen-freeze-no-error-any-proof.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello nbsp Recently i bought a Aspire nbsp V - G- YJ Windows bits with the latest bios and drivers nbsp Almost every time that the screen goes down because of inactivity when i try to wake up the laptop the keyboard leds turn on but the screen keeps black and seems like the pc freeze I have to screen black freeze V3-575G-72YJ force the shut nbsp down reboot using the turn on off nbsp V3-575G-72YJ black screen freeze button key on keyboard Also sometimes when i shut down the V3-575G-72YJ black screen freeze laptop using the option on windows the laptop also freeze and i need to force shut down with the button key on keyboard nbsp I did some research and i found nbsp that probably the problem is with the Intel's Management Engine driver it's on version I read that this version cause some problems of this kind I tried to do a downgrade to a older V3-575G-72YJ black screen freeze version or but i can't I guess that the bios or something like that is blocking it nbsp Can someone help me with nbsp this problem nbsp Thank you

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/V3-575G-72YJ-black-screen-freeze/td-p/426499/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 61.49%

I booted up my computer days ago and logged in under my user name and there were no desktop icons or taskbar so I restarted my computer and tried every user Black Screen SAFE Freeze MODE XP still nothing I went to msconfig to restore it to a earlier point and when it restarted I went to my user name and still nothing so I went to msconfig again and booted it up in safe mode when it restarted right before the user names screen came up a black screen with quot SAFE MODE quot in all four corners pops up for about or seconds then the XP Black SAFE MODE Screen Freeze user name screen XP Black SAFE MODE Screen Freeze comes up with the ADMIN and the rest of the user names it doesn t matter what name I log in as it always goes to the same black Safe Mode screen as before but it will freeze there forever So I had to manually shut it down When it restarted I hit F to get it out of safe mode and chose restart computer normally then when it restarts the same exact thing thing happens I ve tried every option at the F selection screen So I put in a cd with Mepis Linux on it that my cousin gave me but I didn t install it I have been running it off the disk And I have no clue what to do next My Specs are AMD Athlon ghz Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack MB DDR GB Hard Drive ATI Radeon -Does anybody know how to do a system restore in Mepis Linux without reformatting the whole computer nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

I first got SC at release and GAMES PC to Screen freeze/crash Black had issues GAMES freeze/crash PC to Black Screen with the GAMES freeze/crash PC to Black Screen game crashing I followed some forum threads and managed to get it fixed can't remember how Recently I got the Walking Dead game which crashed my computer just a few minutes into the game After a few attempts I turned down the graphics and was able to play the game Since then every time I've tried to play SC it has crashed The screen locks up changes to some funky colors and goes to a black screen Have to force shut down and boot it back up Since then I have updated drivers disassembled my PC and cleaned everything out with compressed air changed power supplies both Antec Ws added a nd hard drive from an older computer formatted everything reinstalled everything updated all drivers again downloaded Live Update from MSI website to update bios had some terrible issues with that which I won't go into for now but according to the updater the BIOS is up to date now I use SlimDrivers to update all my drivers System Specs from MSINFO OS - Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Version Build Model - MS- CPU - AMD Phenom tm II X Processor MHz RAM - GB DDR GPU - GeForce GTX GB Installed Drivers nvd dumx dll nvwgf umx dll nvwgf umx dll nvd dum nvwgf um nvwgf um I'm truly at a loss right now because I've tried everything I know to do Any help is appreciated Thanks

A:GAMES freeze/crash PC to Black Screen

I would suggest some hardware checks.

Warning
Before you proceed with the following, answer these two questions: Are you still under warranty? Does your warranty allow you to open up the machine to check hardware? If you are unsure of the answers to these questions, contact your system manufacturer. WARNING: The steps that follow can void your warranty!!!

If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

Monitor temperatures during the following tests. Use the following programs to monitor the temperatures. Real Temp is a good CPU temperature monitor.
Speccy - System Information - Free Download will monitor all hardware temperatures.
HWiNFO, HWiNFO32 & HWiNFO64 - Hardware Information and Analysis Tools can be inaccurate for CPU temperatures, but is a good program for GPU temperature monitoring.
Use FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net to test the graphics card GPU. Let it run until the GPU temperatures even out or until the GPU temperatures reach a dangerous level (you can find the max temperature for your card on either the nVidia or AMD sites; if you are not sure, ask us). The goal is to get a steady temperature, find out if the GPU is overheating, or to see if there are any artifacts present in the test itself: look for strange pixelated patterns on the screen or colors that do not look like they belong. Then use the |MG| Video Memory Stress Test 1.7.116 Download to test your graphics card memory. Let the memory test run for at least seven passes; the more the better.

Run Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95 to determine any hardware problems. Run all three tests for a few hours each. If you get errors, stop the test and post back here.

Follow the steps for doing CPU stress test using IntelBurnTest

Run the boot version of Memtest86+ paying close attention to Parts 2 and 3 of the tutorial. Also, in case Memtest86+ misses anything and comes up with no errors, run the extended version of the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool for at least five passes. These you may want to run overnight since they take a long time to complete (run them an hour before bed each of the next two nights and check before going to sleep that they are still running).

For Part 3: If You Have Errors: If you swap any memory components, follow these steps for ESD safety:Shut down and turn off your computer.
Unplug all power supplies to the computer (AC Power then battery for laptops, AC power for desktops)
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to close the circuit and ensure all power drains from components.
Make sure you are grounded by using proper grounding techniques, i.e. work on an anti-static workbench, anti-static desk, or an anti-static pad. Hold something metallic while touching it to the anti-static surface, or use an anti-static wristband to attach to the anti-static material while working.
Once these steps have been followed, it is safe to remove and replace components within your computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/229663-games-freeze-crash-pc-black-screen.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I recently got a Zotac GTX sp AMP don t know what that means but dealer told me it is pre-overclocked It runs all the latest games fine Fallout Far Cry and the like but oddly enough it just kills my Warcraft TFT Here s the problem I 3 screen / Warcraft Artifact Black freeze d be playing it halfway and the screen will Warcraft 3 Artifact / Black screen freeze go black and after a long time about a minute or so it will return to the game fine This repeats Warcraft 3 Artifact / Black screen freeze itself every few minutes At this point if I alt-tab the same long black screen will occur again I was previously using an Ati card and thought there might be driver conflicts So I uninstalled the nVidia drivers got Driver Cleaner Pro and cleaned all Ati and nvidia drivers in safe mode I reinstalled the nVidia driver again and rebooted and went back to playing The same problem occured except that this time the graphics become all messed up upon returning from the long black screen See image Upon exit game desktop appears fine and works normally no artifacts GPU temperatures appear to be normal on idle on load I looked it up on the net and someone suggested a directx test dxdiag gt test directdraw and direct d In directdraw there are tests non-full screen and full screen test The non full screen tests run fine When it reached the rd test full screen test the same long black screen thing happened again but ultimately it passed Next was Direct d and the very first test is already a full screen one At this point it didn t continue I had to press the reset button because nothing was responding anymore It seems there are no absolute solution to this and therefore I am posting in hopes of getting some help from you all I also got a nv disp BSOD before I reinstalled the drivers but upon Driver Cleaner reinstall it didn t happen anymore Here are my specs Windows XP SP Gigabyte P -DS motherboard Intel C D E Ghz Kingston GB DDR RAM PC I think x GB Western Digital HDDs Zotac Geforce GTX sp AMP Samsung Syncmaster BW wide screen LCD monitor running x and Hz Feel free to ask for any additional info as required Do note that other newer more graphically demanding games run fine even after many hours of playing and alt-tabbing Fallout Far Cry Need for Speed Undercover I updated to the Nov DirectX c and it seemed to work yesterday but I just got my first long freeze in a game earlier Also upon update the dxdiag tests ran fine Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/warcraft-3-artifact-black-screen-freeze.776705/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello Screen/Freeze Black when playing Games. I have started playing Guild Wars after the first couple of days my game started to freezing and black screen to desktop before going back into game to only black screen again At times my monitor would say no signal The problem disappeared for close to days and came back up again I've tried playing other games and the problem is similar freezing to desktop black screen and crashing to desktop During the black screen to desktop I would get 'Display driver stopped responding and has recovered' I have updated to a few different drivers including the latest stable driver from Nvidia but the problem still exists I have ran VMT for passes with no errors Prime Small FFTs for over hours with no errors Running FurMark the test does complete when I run BenchMark user's setting when I do the Burn In-Test Black Screen/Freeze when playing Games. everything looks okay Black Screen/Freeze when playing Games. until my GPU hits c The computer would shut off then Though when I play games my gpu varies between to c Guild Wars Dump File when not responding https files Gw rar I have rebooted windows but the problem still exists I've had this computer for just over years now Specs Operating System Microsoft Windows Ultimate -bit CPU Intel Core i GHz C Lynnfield nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P P D LE LGA C Graphics SMB HD x Hz MB GeForce GTX nVidia C Currently using Beta Drivers Audio NVIDIA High Definition Audio Does anyone have any ideas of what the problem is Or if I can do anything else to determine the problem UPDATE I got a blackscreen while watching a video on youtube 'Display driver stopped responding and has recovered' Thanks for the time and help dump file ATTACH SF ATTACH

A:Black Screen/Freeze when playing Games.

Welcome aboard, Laughing.

Please post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions so that we may have the necessary information that we need to help you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/254341-black-screen-freeze-when-playing-games.html
Relevancy 61.49%

yesterday when my l d did not work black screen vertical line freeze for the first time i posted in the l d forums Vertical line freeze whole system crashes - Steam Users' Forums but the problem is different now It used to be that whenever i played the game for - minutes it froze and i would do a hard reset Then i updated my drivers to Today's released catalyst it still wouldnt work so i forgot about teh game and i was watching freeze! screen/vertical line Black a youtube video but it seems that the problem has branched out of the game and into the os In the middle of the youtube video the freeze happens I restarted Black screen/vertical line freeze! and opened firefox but i forgot about my youtube tab so it froze again but this time it froze immediately when the page loaded now i Black screen/vertical line freeze! downgraded back to drivers and installed directx i tried dusting out the fan and doing many other things as stated in the other l d thread but it doesnt work help i'm out of warranty i have an HP laptop dv - ca with ATI Mobility Radeon HD Black screen/vertical line freeze! i read on the amd site that someone with the same problem updated his network drivers because it conflicted with his audio drivers and then it worked for him FOr me my network drivers are already updated and the thing is this problem happened randomly Before i had this freezing problem i did a presentation of an ISU and i put my laptop beside a projector which emiitted great heat when i was done the laptop was very hot screen fan hole area could this be the cause that ruined my whole computer should i try a restore point to am when i presented it was pm from the until now ive tried various fixes which made things worse

A:Black screen/vertical line freeze!

Well, yes, heat kills hardware. However, if that projector had been so hot, your laptop would have at least restarted, if not turned off, in order to save itself from potential damage from the heat.
There are some programs for monitoring your laptop temperatures, you can use them to check if the problem occurs because of overheating (SpeedFan and Core Temp).

If the problem has something to do with your drivers and the restore point is before you have updated for example your Display Driver, then you could first try running in safe mode and see if the problem still occurs. If no, restore your system, it won't delete any files, it will only return your registry and drivers to earlier state.

That you are out of warranty shouldn't stop you from taking your laptop for diagnostics. You will have to have money of course, but at least they will fix the problem ; )

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/140576-black-screen-vertical-line-freeze.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Sometimes when i boot i get a black screen with blinking cursor in the corner, or it freezes or its just really slow; this fluxuates every other week.

I recently removed a virus but it also occured prior to getting the virus.

Also, i replaced my ram sticks recently and powersupply last chirstmas if thats relavent.

Any ideas are appreciated, thank you.

Intel core 2 duo cpu
E4500 @2.2Ghz
4gb ddr2 ram
Radeon HD 5550, 1 gb ddr
Antec 500 wtt pwsupply
295 Gb HDD

A:Slow startup/ freeze/black screen

Hi Monk77,

Quote:

Also, i replaced my ram sticks recently and powersupply last chirstmas if thats relavent.

Was this just an upgrade that you wanted to do, or were you having these issues before as well?

You should also run a test on your RAM sticks with memtest86+ There are two ways to run the test, either from a CD or USB. You will need to burn the ISO to a CD and then boot to the CD and run at least 7 passes on each stick and in each slot (only the ones that are being used). There is an auto-installer for doing it via USB (again, you will have to change the boot order to boot to the USB if you choose this method)

Both downloads can be found halfway down the page. The reason that you should run it on one stick at a time, is so, if there is a fault with one of the sticks, then it's easy to figure out which one it is.

What programs do you have running at boot? What anti-virus are you running as well.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/slow-startup-freeze-black-screen-573015.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I own a Gateway NV52, and the issue with locking up began after I upgraded to Win7. After reloading the factory default of Vista on this, the laptop keeps randomly locking up and then going to a blank black screen.

I've gone to other threads and tried running MemTest and Vista's Memory Diagnostic and they both came up with nothing. I've also seen that other posters have attached dump files and other generated information from the computer to help solve their issues, but I don't know where to find these files to even get started. Can anyone help? What other information do I need to give to get started on the right track?

A:Random Black Screen Freeze, not after login

I would first do a system file check.

System Files - SFC Command
Tutorial thanks to Brink

Then you can view any error messages and see what they mean from this Microsoft site.

How to analyze the log file entries that the Microsoft Windows Resource Checker &#40;SFC.exe&#41; program generates in Windows Vista

If errors are found run the test again as it sometimes takes about 3 passes to get it all fixed. Sometimes even that fails to repair it but post back with results and we will take it from there.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/284005-random-black-screen-freeze-not-after-login.html
Relevancy 61.49%

lately my computer just been freezing with a black screen and having issues with BSOD

A:BSOD and sometimes black screen freeze by just using computer

Hello anonymousmurder, Welcome to SF

First off if your OCing in anyway stop, return everything to stock settings for the purposes of testing

If you havent already, fill in your system specs so we know what we are dealing with
System Info - See Your System Specs

Run some scans to check against virus or infection
Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller
Windows Defender Offline

Run some basic hardware tests
RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Disk Check (windows based check)
Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure (bootable disk check)

OK thats the general stuff now down to specifics
1st dump reports BugCode 0x1 BSOD Index and doesnt give us a great deal to go on as its quite unusual and blames the driver AgileVpn.sys which is a driver from windows update so cannot really cause a BSOD

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.
BugCheck 1, {73732e09, 0, 1, fffff8800ebe2ca0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiSystemServiceExit+245 )
---------
4: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *
APC_INDEX_MISMATCH (1)
This is a kernel internal error. The most common reason to see this
bugcheck is when a filesystem or a driver has a mismatched number of
calls to disable and re-enable APCs. The key data item is the
Thread->CombinedApcDisable field. This consists of two separate 16-bit
fields, the SpecialApcDisable and the KernelApcDisable. A negative value
of either indicates that a driver has disabled special or normal APCs
(respectively) without re-enabling them; a positive value indicates that
a driver has enabled special or normal APCs (respectively) too many times.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000073732e09, Address of system call function or worker routine
Arg2: 0000000000000000, Thread->ApcStateIndex
Arg3: 0000000000000001, (Thread->SpecialApcDisable << 16) | Thread->KernelApcDisable
Arg4: fffff8800ebe2ca0, Call type (0 - system call, 1 - worker routine)
Debugging Details:
------------------

FAULTING_IP:
+0
00000000`73732e09 c3 ret
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1
PROCESS_NAME: ccsvchst.exe
CURRENT_IRQL: 0
LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff800030da569 to fffff800030dafc0
STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0ebe2a68 fffff800`030da569 : 00000000`00000001 00000000`73732e09 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000001 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0ebe2a70 fffff800`030da4a0 : 00000000`00000000 fffff880`0ebe2ca0 00000000`00000000 fffff800`033c0be3 : nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69
fffff880`0ebe2bb0 00000000`73732e09 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiSystemServiceExit+0x245
00000000`0325f068 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0x73732e09

STACK_COMMAND: kb
FOLLOWUP_IP:
nt!KiSystemServiceExit+245
fffff800`030da4a0 4883ec50 sub rsp,50h
SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 2
SYMBOL_NAME: nt!KiSystemServiceExit+245
FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner
MODULE_NAME: nt
IMAGE_NAME: ntkrnlmp.exe
DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 503f82be
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1_SysCallNum_4_nt!KiSystemServiceExit+245
BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1_SysCallNum_4_nt!KiSystemServiceExit+245
---------
2nd dump BugCheck 0x3B... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/271637-bsod-sometimes-black-screen-freeze-just-using-computer.html
Relevancy 61.49%

My XPS 15 9550 - quad core i5 freezes randomly - the screen will turn black (or grey), but not the windows BSOD. I have to hold the power button to force shutdown and reboot the laptop when this happens.
Tried updating all drivers, not helpful, clean installed windows 10, didn't help.
This could happen anytime, even at the time I'm not touch my laptop, or running anything.

Seems to be driver related or hardware.. anyone have some issues? 

A:XPS 15 9550 Freeze randomly - Black screen

I had the exact same issue yesterday, was on the phone with Dell support for 2 hours and they couldn't figure out why, the final decision was they were going to replace the motherboard as they thought it was more likely a hardware issue than a software one.
Question, did you use the new TB15 dock with your 9550 as I'm trying to figure out if the failure is related to using the dock to provide power. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19674929
Relevancy 61.49%

Recently I have been getting issues with BF3 and WoW since I installed the new NVIDIA graphics drivers. I've gotten BSODs as well as my PC randomly acting up. It works perfectly fine when I play games on a single monitor.

Sometimes all three screens just go into powersaving mode or something, but I can still hear Skype and music in the background but I dont see anything. A hard reset is required at this point.

A:NVIDIA Surround BF3 & WoW PC Freeze/Black Screen

If you're card/s are factory overclocked set them to reference clock speeds with MSI Afterburner & perform a clean install of the latest drivers (stay away from the beta drivers)

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/254805-nvidia-surround-bf3-wow-pc-freeze-black-screen.html
Relevancy 61.49%

So here is the thing i bought new computer before maybe - months and since the very beggining i had this wierd problem everything work normally but then screen goes black or any other color and computer freeze and i have to reset it It was rare at the beggining but now it is really a problem i searched every single topic on google but screen black hard freeze! and Random couldnt find anything that works for me here is a screen and how it looks like when it freezes imgur the simple image sharer it can be gray or green or any other color and after that i must reset it Here is my specification if anyone is willing to help me Mothearboard MB MSI H M-P B Intel H x DDR PClex LAN CPU CPU INTEL Core i GHZ Graphic card VGA SAPPHIRE ATI HD GB DDR Power ATX PowerLine W retail PCleX mmF Once again please guys if anyone can help me i would apreciate it im really desperate im googline for - months and i cant find solution i tried every single thing reinstal windows reinstaled drivers control center cleaning registry tested ram tested power supply everything is ok but i still have this wierd problem Even i upgraded power supply but it still occurs and it happens really randomly most of the time when i play games Also sorry for bad english D

A:Random black screen and hard freeze!

Hi and welcome to TSF,

1. Please try another monitor if possible to eliminate your monitor from the equation.

2. I believe that board has built in graphics, please try and connect to the other vga port on the I/O board on back of pc. You may need to go into bios to enable the internal IGP(graphics built in adapter) beforehand.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/random-black-screen-and-hard-freeze-671940.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Was in the middle of writing an email when my screen froze for a minute or so, then computer shut down. When restarting I get option to repair or start windows normally. If I start normally I just get black screen for a while then computer shuts down again.
Tried the repair option several times but still the same outcome.
I am able to boot into safe mode. I have run chkdsk /r and if found no problems. I have tried setting back to the last two restore points and no luck.
Samsung NP700Z5B laptop Windows 7 Home Premium.

A:Freeze - Black Screen - Can't Start Windows

could be a RAM defect. Try memtest86+, burn it on cd and boot from it for an overnight test

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/550705/freeze-black-screen-cant-start-windows/
Relevancy 61.06%

I've been having this problem for many weeks now, and I haven't gotten closer to fixing it. I had to resort to borrowing a computer from a friend to use while I try to figure this out.

It's a problem similar to this one, except I can't even boot to safe mode. I have taken the RAM out one at a time and booted, but it will still stay at the black screen. I have tried reinstalling XP, and installing it on another drive to boot from there, but neither of them fixed the problem. Since I can't boot at all, I can't run HJT or those other programs that were posted in that thread.

Does anyone have any solutions? I've tried asking around to friends and other tech support sites, but none of them could help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-cant-boot-to-login-hangs-at-black-screen.639668/
Relevancy 61.06%

OS - Windows x Orignally screen and death", peripherals hangs switches off of PC "Black Vista then Windows Full retail PRO version years I've installed Windows a week ago cpu - Core Duo e gpu - nvidia geforce gtx motherboard - asus striker formula Power Supply - thermaltake toughpower "Black screen of death", PC hangs and switches off peripherals W Desktop Recently i've updated my pc to Windows and now my it keeps crashing hanging quite often at least once every - hours only while im in game maybe its luck or maybe its CPU GPU load Basically the shutdown sound plays my game freezes my monitor goes black my keyboard switches off but apparently the pc continues working since i can hear teamspeak for example in the background Nothing else works and the only thing i can do is hard reboot Unfortunately because of that no minidump is created nothing is mentioned in windows event journal except unexpected shutdown and i have no idea what is happening or why Its almost as if PC switches off videocard and monitor and all peripherals but doesn't reboot I've tried running SysnativeBSODCollectionApp but it gets stuck on waiting for system information It did create some files which i zipped up and included along with perfmon report I've run several hdd tests crystal disk info hdd tune pro acronis disk doctor western digital hdd tool and of those crystal disk and hdd tune pro showed bad sector in non system drive while the other two showed healthy fine disks My system is on ssd drive which is healthy according to all tests I've also tested RAM on memtest and it did not found any errors in one full pass And i am running driver verifier with no BSOD so far Right now i believe that the culprit might be bad video cards drivers there was only one driver release for windows or some interactions between software and hardware under Windows Im not sure what to do next Im in a process of upgrading my pc with Skylake cpu new pcu new ram and motherboard but i really want to know whether the issue is with my drives my video card or my windows since i want to keep all of those Additionally i've encountered some other issues after updating to Windows which might or might not be related to the issue above Audio in flash youtube videos sometimes stutters Skipping to another fragment and back or reloading the page fixes the issue This never happened before and im assuming could be related to graphics drivers Some software like lcdhost logitech gaming software aida behaves strangely - sometimes applications hang sometimes they do not load sometimes they unload I've actually had one BSOD days ago related to AIDA which produced minidump but it seems to have been fixed with the beta release Windows event journal mentions some issues with winnit and service control manager session

A:"Black screen of death", PC hangs and switches off peripherals

Sorry for the delay in responding.If you still need help with this, please start with these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html Your post said that you'd run some of the tests, so feel free to skip those that you've run.  As the graphics card is a possible suspect, please be sure to run those tests and let us know the results. Your UEFI/BIOS (version 2402) dates from 2010.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  If you are able to install the update through Windows (without booting from an external drive), then go ahead and update it.  WARNING - if the computer might shut down during this procedure, please don't do it, as this may physically damage the computer and prevent it from booting.These devices have problems in Device Manager: Сетевой контроллер NVIDIA nForce    PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0373&SUBSYS_CB841043&REV_A3\3&2411E6FE&0&88    Это устройство отключено.NVIDIA High Definition Audio    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10DE&DEV_0071&SUBSYS_10438508&REV_1001\7&2CBF1AA9&0&0001    Это устройство работает нормально. The first item is your nVidia nForce networking driver while the second is for the High Definition audio that' often a part of the video card.As such, you'll have to update both to the latest, Win10 compatible version.As there are no drivers for later than Win7 here:  http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/30655/en-us I'd have to wonder if this system has reached it's limit of upgradability and just isn't compatible w/Win10Should you decide to keep working on this, download the latest version of the chipset and video drivers for your system from nVidiaThen run them in Compatibility Mode for the version that they were intended for (for example, you'll run the chipset drivers in Compatibility Mode for Win7 - as that's the latest version that's available). There are many Live Kernel Events listed in the WER section of MSINFO32:Please do the following:- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")- right click on Administrative Events- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."- save the file as Admin.evtx- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.htmlThere are no memory dumps in the uploaded reports, yet there's at least 4 BSOD's reported in the WER section of MSINFO32.Please do this: Upload Dump Files:NOTE:  If using a disk cleaning utility, please stop using it while we are troubleshooting your issues.Please go to C:\Windows\Minidump and zip up the contents of the folder.  Then upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.Left click on the first minidump file.Hold down the "Shift" key and left click on the last minidump file.Right click on the blue highlighted area and select "Send to"Select "Compressed (zipped) folder" and note where the folder is saved.Upload that .zip file w... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586233/black-screen-of-death-pc-hangs-and-switches-off-peripherals/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi As in title for last days i had BSOD problem all the time i was starting my screen each on BSOD black Hangs PC, before login, 1000009f PC run PC it was hanging on black screen that one after Windows logo and before login screen I was nervous about that so i've reinstalled whole stuff BUT it's back here with same BSOD code Also i've got problem with installing chipset driver updating Graphic intel HD to latest i got 'unsuccessful' trough Windows Update Code Podpis problemu Nazwa zdarzenia problemu BlueScreen Wersja systemu operacyjnego Identyfikator ustawie regionalnych Dodatkowe informacje o problemie BCCode f BCP BCP BCP FFFFFA B BCP FFFFF B C D OS Version Service Pack Product Pliki pomagaj ce opisa problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Asus AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Przeczytaj w trybie online nasze BSOD each run PC, PC Hangs on black screen before login, 1000009f zasady zachowania poufno ci informacji http go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x Je li zasady zachowania poufno ci informacji w trybie online nie s dost pne przeczytaj nasze zasady zachowania poufno ci informacji w trybie offline C Windows system pl-PL erofflps txt

A:BSOD each run PC, PC Hangs on black screen before login, 1000009f

Hi,

Code:
fffff880`02fdb4a8 fffff880`03cca620Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\aswSP.SYS, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswSP.SYS
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswSP.SYS
aswSP+0x2e620
Avast antivirus is contributing to your crashes, please uninstall it.avast! Uninstall Utility | Download aswClear for avast! Removal
Update the Atheros drivers:

Code:
lmvm athrx
start end module name
fffff880`04814000 fffff880`04aba000 athrx T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: athrx.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\athrx.sys
Image name: athrx.sys
Timestamp: Tue Jun 21 14:03:39 2011 (4E00505B)
CheckSum: 002A5DE2
ImageSize: 002A6000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
If its wireless, match your device from here:ATHEROS Wireless drivers for Windows
If its not a wireless, match your device from here:ATHEROS Network drivers for Windows
As well as your ALCOR Micro SD Card Controller Drivers:
Driver Reference Table - AmUStor.SYS

Code:
lmvm AmUStor
start end module name
fffff880`0248c000 fffff880`024a1000 AmUStor T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: AmUStor.SYS
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\AmUStor.SYS
Image name: AmUStor.SYS
Timestamp: Thu Jan 13 18:06:26 2011 (4D2EEAC2)
CheckSum: 00012815
ImageSize: 00015000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4

Quote:
Sometimes drivers remain, not completely uninstalled. Follow this tutorial for complete removal of drivers of the particular program: Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling

Microsoft Security Essentials.

Recommended from a strict BSOD perspective, compatibility & stability compared to other antiviruses/internet security software. It is free and lightweight:-Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for WindowsMalwarebytes : Malwarebytes Anti-Malware removes malware including viruses, spyware, worms and trojans, plus it protects your computerGood and Free system security combination.
How to Scan Your Computer With Multiple Antivirus Programs - How-To Geek

Warning
Do not start the free trial of Malware Bytes; remember to deselect that option when prompted.

Run a full scan with both (separately) once downloaded, installed and updated.

Perform a System File Check:Click on the start
Type CMD on Search
Left click and Run as Administrator
Type SFC /scannow
Full tutorial here:SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Disk Check on your hard drive for file system errors and bad sectors on it:Disk Check
Reduce items at start-up. Nothing except anti-virus is required plus improves the time for logging in windows.
Startup Programs - Change
Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

Code:
Wersja 6.1.7600 Kompilacja 7600
Install all updates including Service Pack 1:Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 &#40;SP1&#41;
Go to this link: Intel? Driver Update Utility Check the system for latest updates, download and install them one by one.

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/276464-bsod-each-run-pc-pc-hangs-black-screen-before-login-1000009f.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I just replaced my power supply because after coming back from vacation my PC wouldn't boot. The new supply power works but I get to the XP load scree with the little progress bar and it just hangs there. I restored to last know good point and that did nothing and I did a system restore and neither seemed to help. I am able to start in safe mode but I'm not sure where to turn and I'm not sure what happened while I was gone. Any help with this?

Thanks

A:Solved: Windows XP hangs at black load screen

I was able to resolve this issue by going into Windows in Safemode. I went to my computer and right clicked the C drive and chose Properties/Tools/Error-Checking.

I check marked both options for Error fixing and then rebooted back to Safe Mode. It took a long time to do the error checking but when it finished it rebooted and Windows XP came back normally.

This is something to try for those with a similar issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-xp-hangs-at-black-load-screen.753044/
Relevancy 61.06%

Thank you for whatever advice you can offer Trying to fix a friend's desktop Dell Inspiron manufactured - in China of course Athlonx X Dual Core MHz MB MHz dual channel DDR SDRAM Cache k x Buffer M On-board video M system RAM allocated Single CD-RW DVD-ROM drive no floppy - on SATA Seagate GB HDD ST AS - SATA GB - on SATA BIOS Service Tag WRD Vista Home Basic OEM version no discs available do not know if it is running bit or bit Home use computer - black hangs, no screen, Vista action more boot email Facebook web surfing simple gaming older lady Vista boot hangs, black screen, no more action not a hard core gamer Problem friend reported Was working fine On Sunday morning it suddenly had problems She tried using System Restore but it would not 'take' a prior restore point Got worse OS reverted to quot Safe Mode quot option list would not boot in Safe Mode Eventually got to point it would start Dell logo then flash Windows progress bar for - seconds it would disappear but never finish booting - hard drive light on a slow cyclic flash no response to Ctrl-Alt-Del So I did some quick research found instructions to try launching the Dell Diagnostics from the lt F gt boot menu System Response was No boot device available SATA Installed SATA Installed SATA None SATA None On another computer I created a CD with an iso of the Dell Diagnostics Using CDROM as the boot device system shows Dell logo and then very shortly responds with the above message Best I could find researching the problem most likely causes were a bad clock battery so replaced it following instructions in Dell's manual or loose power or SATA cables to HDD re-seated them No change in system response Next step was loading a bootable BartPE disc in CDROM - and it booted Ran Chkdsk - Steps thru had no issues Step found some errors not a lot Next best alternative I found was to try System File Checker Booted with the BartPE disc when I try to run the file c windows system sfc exe the system responds that the file is not a valid bit application I've found a lot of forum threads with similar issues but they are generally not occurring every time and the users can still get logged on and use some of their own OS tools This PC never gets to a log-on stage What can I do short of doing a Dell Factory Restore - assuming it would work - which wipes out all user data putting the HDD in a Windows PC as a secondary so the Windows OS tools can be used assuming they would work for this or installing a new HDD - friend is cash-strapped

A:Vista boot hangs, black screen, no more action

Welcome
Install Ubuntu to back up your stuff. If you cant install, it means you have a hardware issue. If you can install, worst case scenario we go back to factory settings, but you do not lose your stuff. Talk to you tomorrow.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...dows-computer/

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/297128-vista-boot-hangs-black-screen-no-more-action.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello,I went through the steps for malware removal with one of the pros who review the HiJack This logs. Upon completion, I noticed my PC hangs on the black screen when I start or restart. This had not happened prior to the infection. Perhaps a registry issue caused by the malware? It takes several attempts either hitting the reset button or the power button to get it to fully boot up. I'm leary of restaring at all for fear that it won't come back up. Your HiJack This pro referred me to this forum for further assistance. I am running Windows XP Pro SP2 and am including the URL to my HJT thread for further info in case it may be of assistance. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry949041Thank you,OrygunGal

A:Booting Hangs On Black Screen After Malware Removal

Try doing a System Restore, if this doesn't work there are a couple of things we can do.Start> All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> System Restore.When this opens make sure that "Restore my computer to an earlier time" is chosen, and click on Next>.The dates appearing in bold are the dates that you can restore to, click on the date that you want and then click Next> to start the System Restore. This may take a long time to complete, and when it is done it will restart your computer. When the computer restarts and you have logged on as the administrator a Restoration Complete page will appear, click on OK to complete the process.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/172811/booting-hangs-on-black-screen-after-malware-removal/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi,
Please help if you can. Installed Windows 8 Pro clean install just kept my files. Now, every time I resume from sleep it hangs at a black screen for what seems like ever. Only way to start is to hold power button to turn off then restart it. Any help would be great. Thank you so much. Not sure if I posted this in the correct area but wasn't sure where to put it. Thanks.

Dave

A:Windows 8 hangs at black screen after resume from sleep

Have you installed all your vendors drivers for things like video card, chipset, usb, audio, etc?

Have you made sure you have the most recent BIOS for your computer?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/12511-windows-8-hangs-black-screen-after-resume-sleep.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello All I ve recently been inspired to work on my Dell Studio laptop that from what I believe is infected with a very nasty virus rootkit even Symptoms and issues and progress I can make are Computer will turn on and load the startup screen where F or F may be pressed to virus?) black (hangs, not Computer boot screen, will change boot or enter BIOS I cannot enter safe mode I m given no option to do so throughout the loading process However I can select how I would like to boot from F or enter BIOS setup by pressing F If I Computer will not boot (hangs, black screen, virus?) try to boot from my HD it enters a black screen where it hangs Nothing If I try to boot from a CD in the DVD drive it starts loading but hangs mid-startup Nothing If I try to boot from a USB drive it hangs Nothing What I have tried to do to outsmart this thing Reinstalling the OS from a disk -- it feels as if it is stopped uncompleted Deleting the entire HD with a third-party utility -- Failed Interupted and continues to hang during loadup USB drive installation is the same way -- hanging I can however load into a linux unix operating system and quot see quot the drive Unfortunately I can t access it There is an error that occurs I do not need anything on the laptop nuking would be perfect for me at this point Suggestions I can provide screenshots if needed I m going to post this in a few different forum types because I don t know if this is hardware related or virus related Hope this isn t a problem Thank you all for your time and help A nbsp

A:Computer will not boot (hangs, black screen, virus?)

I'm going to post this in a few different forum types because I don't know if this is hardware related or virus related..Hope this isn't a problem!Click to expand...

Please do not post the same problem in more than one forum. As you have already posted in the Virus and Malware forum I'm closing this thread.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-will-not-boot-hangs-black-screen-virus.182024/
Relevancy 61.06%

This is a Windows 8 OEM CD install, on an i7 x64 system. I have tried this with both UEFI and legacy modes.

I cleaned the drive and allowed setup to partition and format how it sees fit on an Intel SSD.

The system copies files, sets them up and reboots.

The blue windows logo is up for a minute, then the screen (not the PC) power cycles (probably due to a resolution change). It hangs there on a black screen. There is a mouse cursor that responds and the num lock toggles on the kb, but nothing else. CTRL-ALT-DEL does nothing.

Any ideas?

A:W8 CD install hangs on black screen after 1st auto reboot

To me it sounds like there is something wrong with disc, might just have a scratch or be defective. Do you have the product key? If you do you should be able to hypothetically just download the same version of Windows 8 from the web and use that for the install as long as you have the product key for that computer.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/42615-w8-cd-install-hangs-black-screen-after-1st-auto-reboot.html
Relevancy 61.06%

when ever i sleep or hibernate my dell inspiron pc it hangs black screen with very little hdd activity and remains so until i forcibly shutdown with or during hangs screen when black hibernation laptop sleep by pressing power button Ater reboot i am able to go to sleep or hibernation but after a continuous operation of more than mins this error occurs I removed alcohol uninstalled sptd driver and updated all drivers i could find laptop hangs when during sleep or hibernation with black screen I recently formatted the pc with all win updates installed with sp i have kis security suite all updated laptop hangs when during sleep or hibernation with black screen Please help Memory diagnostics result all pass SFC scannow did'nt find integrate voilatio also i found these events in administrative log please tell if they have something to do with it Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-WMPNSS-Service Date - - Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer RDS-FireBlade Description Service 'WMPNetworkSvc' did not start correctly because CoCreateInstance CLSID UPnPDeviceFinder encountered error ' x ' Verify that the UPnPHost service is running and that the UPnPHost component of Windows is installed properly Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot Error quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-WMPNSS-Service quot Guid quot A DC C - A- FB -BB - B AEBED C quot EventSourceName quot WMPNetworkSvc quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt RDS-FireBlade lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot ServiceName quot gt WMPNetworkSvc lt Data gt lt Data Name quot ErrorCode quot gt x lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Log Name Application Source Microsoft-Windows-WMI Date - - Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer RDS-FireBlade Description Event filter with query quot SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA quot Win Processor quot AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt quot could not be reactivated in namespace quot root CIMV quot because of error x Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot Error quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-WMI quot Guid quot edeee - afe- -b -d c b b f quot EventSourceName quot WinMgmt quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt RDS-FireBlade lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt root CIMV lt Data gt lt Data gt SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA quot Win Processor quot AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage amp gt lt Data gt lt Data gt x lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-WLAN-AutoConfig Date - - Event ID Task Category None Level Warning Keywords User SYSTEM Computer RDS-FireBlade Description WLAN AutoConfig service has successfully stopped Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot Error quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-WLAN-AutoConfig quot Guid quot D DD- - - -D BE D D DE quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - ... Read more

A:laptop hangs when during sleep or hibernation with black screen

Hello rajdeepak and welcome if you feel it might be a memory issue and want to do a thorough memory test mate use memtest you need to make a bootable disk for it set the BIOS to boot from optical and let it run.

This app does take a fair while to run and you should do at least seven passes. Sometimes you may find errors fairly quickly. This doesn't involve the OS by the way.

Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/270195-laptop-hangs-when-during-sleep-hibernation-black-screen.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Please help...

Windows XP SP3

I have often error on my laptop, suddenly my windows screen is black and freeze.

Details error:

source: system error
event id: 1003

description:
Error code 100000c5, parameter1 5776414a, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 805515a1.

how to fix it?

A:Error Windows XP - suddenly black screen and freeze

"suddenly my windows screen is black and it freezes"...

What are you doing when the laptop freezes? Does the freezing show after some time? If so, the laptop may be overheating

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-windows-xp-suddenly-black-screen-and-freeze.174387/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi all,

I'm new to the site. Taking a look around, it seems you guys know everything , so here goes...

Over the last few months, I've noticed that about a fourth of the time, when I or one of my family members either logs off or fast-switches users, the screen goes black, and no combination of mouse-clicking or key-pressing will bring the screen back. We just have to restart the system, and then it's fine.

Typically, this happens when more than one of us is logged on, but not always. We upgraded to SP2 a very long time ago, and this issue was *supposed* to be fixed in the service pack. However, this problem seemed to start independently of any major update.

Edit: Luckily, this has never happened when any program was running with unsaved data, so we haven't lost anything by rebooting.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
celloblaze

A:[SOLVED] Black Screen/Freeze when switching users?

hello celloblaze,

mike here,

okay just to ask a few questions to get an idea !

what type of spyware /antivirus scanners are you useing ?

are you doing all your updates ( express/ custom )at windows updates ?

are you also updating your drivers ?

have you done a system file check ( windows installation cd required ?

also do you scan each user for spyware /viruses/ maleware ect...... ?

have you done a scandisk ?

what type of errors are you getting ?

are you shutting down all open programs befor switching ?

you see there are many factors that can contribute to one problem also if you could give more details about your computer this would help as in ( make / model / age / laptop /desktop /software a upgrade or full version, factory install or user install)

all we can do is try !!!!!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-black-screen-freeze-when-switching-users-169696.html
Relevancy 61.06%

First of all as a newbie here I'd like to say hello to everybody on this forum and also apologize if this is posted in the wrong section since defacto my problem involves black screen and not a tipical blue screen Computer is custom built all new parts months old I became aware of this problem about months after My system specs i k - overclocked bios reset to factory settings later after problem became - screen Black - Freeze Restart Computer Random continuous annoyance Corsair H i GT Asus Sabertooth x mobo Gb DDR Corsair XMS MHz Random Computer Freeze - Black screen - Restart Evga GeForce GTX SC Corsair -CS M w PSU So this problem has been bugging me for some months now Basically what would happen is computer would freeze if there was sound playing atm sound would freeze in a quot bzzzzz quot fashion continuously looping seconds later screen would turn black and the computer would restart I have disabled later quot restart on failure quot feature hoping I would get some information on screen when it happens but sadly now it just stays on black screen without resetting This happens completely random and so it happens that it is always during some not intensive computing idle web browsing youtube playing sometimes when working in d modeling program - ds Max On the other side it never happened when computer was doing some intensive d rendering or gaming - coincidence or not I don't know yet Biggest problem now is that I'm still unable to recreate the event I've tried forcing both CPU and Random Computer Freeze - Black screen - Restart GPU with tests for hours amp hours and everything would be successful and then next day or in a week I would start the computer like today opened chrome and out of nowhere it would freeze w black screen Btw I've used Prime Intel Burn test on very high Cinebench FurMark and Heaven Benchmark I have tested memory with Memtest for about h and it was ok zero errors I realize this is not nearly enough time to test so will repeat it again for h Initially I've associated it with power failure due to the loose main power cable on PSU but since I corrected that and continued to experience this problem then I started to suspect my OC settings So I switched BIOS back to default factory settings didn't take the battery out but it happened again I know for a fact this didn't happen before my first OC attempt and fiddling in BIOS although I started OC about a week after the computer was assembled but I want to see now if some hardware piece went haywire in the meantime or was faulty to begin with or something else As said mentioned event would happen completely random so far about - times in a week Event viewer gives me this log Critical - Source Kernel-Power - Event ID - Task Category EventData BugcheckCode BugcheckParameter xfffffa e BugcheckParameter xfffff BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x SleepInProgress false PowerButtonTimestamp So far I have around of these events but I realize that they are mixed with standard instability crashes with blue screen which I had earlier while OC-ing So do you guys think this is likely a hardware fault Would it be likely PSU CS M is not so prized anyway or a motherboard or something else I do have another spare PSU it's a very cheap no-name unit but it has w and technically would be enough to drive the system PSU calculator estimates around w for my system Should I try it I'd really appreciate any help opinions Thanks in advance Sorry for the long read but I've tried to be as much descriptive as possible p s If there will be need I can post also my OC-ed BIOS settings although I don't think it matters now since it has been reset

A:Random Computer Freeze - Black screen - Restart

Update regarding memory testing. Just finished 10+ h of Memtest86 with 0 errors. Should I run it more ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/371411-random-computer-freeze-black-screen-restart.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello,

A few days ago I had this problem for the first time, my PC freezes (no buttons respond) and I get a black screen. If sound was playing at that moment, it skips continuously. The only thing I can do is powering off my pc and restart it again.

After restarting it says the pc didn't shut down cleanly and starts collecting meta-cache, I have the option to start Windows in safe or normal mode.

After that everything seems unchanged/normal until it freezes again (this is at random, it can be 20 minutes after / 1 hour after /...).

Prior to the first time I did not download/install anything (to my knowledge), nor did something happen to my pc (didn't let it drop, didn't spill anything on it, etc).

I followed the instructions on the "BSOD - Posting Instructions" to make this post.

Hopefully someone can help me with this.

Thank you.

Thomas D.M.

A:PC freeze, black screen and sound skipping at random

There are no dump files in your .zip folder. Can you please follow these instructions on how to configure dump files. Can you also disable automatic restart, just follow the tutorial and you will see a tick box saying "Automatically Restart" untick it.

Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD

Can you then enable Driver Verifier by following these instructions as it will help determine if there are bad drivers installed.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/325910-pc-freeze-black-screen-sound-skipping-random.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi Tech Support Guy This is a long story so I will try to keep to the facts and things that may be useful to anyone willing to help Also I wasn t sure what logs to include so you can flame me for what you need Basically it started about Months ago I d get a random black screen every week or some nothing too major and I discounted it In the past month it has become much worse Every time I turn on the computer within mins of using it the video drivers will crash I mean they will crash and possibly recover like secs later or it will stay black screened and eventually reset Also the computer Screen/Driver on Black Crash/Freeze Boot will sometimes hang at boot indisciminately it will freeze on boot in safe mode menu in bios menu when the windows icon is loading Anywhere and any time it can black screen freeze Iv e also noticed that sometimes the computer will turn on and a dos like interface will come up with the blinking space looking thing and just sits there can t type or anything Its like it is failing to boot anything and just hanging What Ive Done Now before you give me all Black Screen/Driver Crash/Freeze on Boot the obvious answers im quite literate at computers I ve tried installing the most up to date video drivers tried rolling back to stable drivers I ve tried to remove drivers with driversweep in safemode and reinstall new ones Iv e tried it all tested different RAM run memtest run all kinds of diagnostics All will either freeze during the test or complete with no issues This had led me to believe that the problem doesn t lie with the Graphics card but with possibly the power supply or Mobo Months ago I was having BSODS so Umart my local replaced the graphics card to a GTX for me Ive also noticed after a freeze and rest I might not even be able to boot the computer for - hours It will turn on and no signal will be sent to the monitor Just hangs Whats really bothering me is the complete randomness It may work perfectly one hour and explode the next ANY help would be very much appreciated at im at wits end freezing every mins losing work games and vital university work Sorry for the illiterate typing and rage factor I m at the capacity of my technical knowledge here and really require some assistance I know your going to need my computer specs and other kinds of diagnosis information tell me what you need and I ll be happy to post anything Any program you want run and any test I just really want this fixed Thanks Reuben EDIT I did clean off my computer fix up desktop and do a run through with CCleaner and surprisingly that helped Did that couple weeks back and continue to do it although altely it hasn t helped at all EDIT I also about months back bought some new grease for my CPU and reattached it thinking this would solve the problem It did not nbsp

A:Black Screen/Driver Crash/Freeze on Boot

If it freezes entering the BIOS, there is a hardware issue.

List your full hardware specs.

You can test the HDD using the drive manufacturers disk tools available from their website.
You can test the RAM using Memtest86

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-driver-crash-freeze-on-boot.1002670/
Relevancy 61.06%

With Help from this forum about three months ago I was able to troubleshoot and fix issues with a defective installed Video Driver, but starting about a week ago once again I've been getting BSOD and also freeze-ups [without BSOD] that go to a Black Screen and then I need to reboot.

I had installed the latest Adobe flash upgrade minutes before this crash, after reboot system recommended a boot-up files fix from the menu that went on to restored the previous 'restore-point' configuration, apparently Flash was uninstalled [as Adobe/Flash requested a new install right after the reboot], unfortunately even so the system crashed a minute after again, this time I got a BSOD that reported something related to a Driver, unfortunately I forgot to do a screen-grab.

Hopefully this latest BSOD file dump is uploaded here, Could some one take a look and see which driver or what else could be causing a problem now?

Thanks

A:Sporatic BSOD and Black Screen Freeze-ups/Crash

Hi mackado,

I'm going to need 1 more log file to deduce the problem.

Please follow the steps below:
Go to: Start > Type: msconfig.exe - Press Enter
Go to the tab 'Boot'
Bottom of the window there are check-boxes, tick the one called 'Boot log'
Press Apply/OK
Shutdown the PC
Wait 10 seconds
Turn on PC
Go to - C:\Windows and find a file called ntbtlog.txt
Upload this file to this thread
Once you have uploaded the file, I will take a look and we'll see what we can do from there.

MistUnleashed

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/372690-sporatic-bsod-black-screen-freeze-ups-crash.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi Gentlemen As my title post says it Freezing Freeze crash and i (Racin black rFactor run screen when Black Screening and Crashing when i am racing I racing using rFactor i got the impression it is from my video card but i am really not shure Freeze black screen and crash when i run rFactor (Racin Thank for the help i really dont know where to start Signature du probl me Nom d v nement de probl me BlueScreen Version du syst me Identificateur de param tres r gionaux Informations suppl mentaires sur le probl me BCCode BCP BCP E C FC BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Fichiers aidant d crire le probl me C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Denis AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Signature du probl me Nom d v nement de probl me BlueScreen Version du syst me Identificateur de param tres r gionaux Informations suppl mentaires sur le probl me BCCode BCP C BCP F BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Fichiers aidant d crire le probl me C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Denis AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml

A:Freeze black screen and crash when i run rFactor (Racin

Translation

Quote:
Problem signature:
Event Name problem: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 3084

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 00000000
BCP2: 86E2C8FC
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C: \ Windows \ Minidump \ 121809-17643-01.dmp
C: \ Users \ Denis \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ WER-28376-0.sysdata.xml

Hi DC Welcome to SF ,

Please post the dump file
http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...d-problem.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/47859-freeze-black-screen-crash-when-i-run-rfactor-racin.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello... hope someone can help me.

I previously had a problem and it turned out to be a driver, everything has been running fine since then... up until now.

Runnning windows 7 and getting BSOD, a plain blue screen or blackscreen then quickly freezes up with a blank screen.

To best of my knowledge all drivers are updated.

Computer is Hewlett-Packard h8-1114 2.00
3.10 gigahertz Intel Core i5-2400
256 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
6144 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (4 total)
Not hyper-threaded
Seems to only happen when I have firefox open, I tried clearing cache....no luck. Tried starting with fresh window, still crashes.

I ran the DM log colector v1.2 and attached the file.

Thank you very much,

Scott

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/395301-getting-bsod-just-blue-screen-black-sceen-then-freeze.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I have a multi-boot set up with XP 64 as one of the OS's. I have been using it more often recently and it can suddenly give a black screen, keyboard doesn't work (tried to shutdown 'blind' using Ctrl+Alt+Del then Alt+S then Enter, no response). Also pressing Numlock doesn't affect the LED.
There is nothing relevant in Event Viewer.
The PC goes totally dead although the power is still on.

I have Vista 64 also and this works perfectly, so do Vista 32 and XP 32.

There is no pattern to the freezes, at least none I can see, they seem to occur at random times.

I know it's a tall order with such an intermittent fault but has anyone got any idea what I can do to troubleshoot this ?

(if it helps my system specs. are 'under' the PC icon above)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-64-sudden-random-black-screen-and-total-freeze.717462/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello everyone I recently got a PC that my office was getting rid of The PC was HELP! During Screen During Freeze Shutdown & Black Games on Hang in great shape and I was told it worked fine HELP! Hang on Black Screen During Shutdown & Freeze During Games when they gave it to me They ripped out the hard drive HELP! Hang on Black Screen During Shutdown & Freeze During Games and gave me the machine As soon as I got it I put a brand new Tb Seagate HDD in I also replaced the existing HELP! Hang on Black Screen During Shutdown & Freeze During Games RAM x Gb sticks with x Gb sticks with the memory speed to match my motherboard Finally I swapped out the ATI Radeon HD XT with a Nvidia Geforce GTX There was a sound card PCI I removed as well as a redundant fire-wire port I unhooked from the Mobo I then booted and performed a fresh install of Windows bit Pro Everything seemed to be going fine until I tried to shut down Windows would freeze on the Shutting Down screen I mean freeze because the spinning circle would stop and the entire machine was unresponsive I read online that pre-Service Pack Windows didn t like multi-core processors and would have issues shutting down so I updated to SP along with a bunch of other updates Now when I try to shut down the Shutting Down screen disappears and the signal to the monitor ends however the machine stays on I can hear the fans running and see the lights to the PCI cards still on Once again I have no option but to hold the power button until it shuts down I have looked up and down many forums with plenty of people posting but none of their solutions worked One extra note I double checked every driver and they are all up to day Also when I boot in Safe Mode the PC shuts down fine and I have no problem restarting just shutting down Here is where it gets worse I tried to play Starcraft and after a short period min the entire computer froze up I looked in the event viewer after rebooting and saw no error around the time the freeze occurred However I did see three other errors The ScRegSetValueExW call failed for FailureActions with the following error Access is denied - and - The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly - and - The previous system shutdown at PM on amp amp amp was unexpected Additionally I tried running Starcraft II with the absolute minimum settings and the same result occurred previously my default was high ultra I have attached my dxdiag and my mgadiag I could really use some advice for how to address this problem Thanks for reading nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-hang-on-black-screen-during-shutdown-freeze-during-games.1073309/
Relevancy 60.63%

My HP Pavilion a6232n PC had the blue screen error a lot so I factory reset it. After that, it wouldn't start anymore and hangs at a black screen with a blinking underscore after the HP logo. I tried to boot the windows vista recovery disk from the boot menu but it doesn't work. It still goes to the black screen whether I boot the cd or hard drive first.

EDIT: It sometimes displays "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER". I don't have a system disk and I have read that the recovery disk can be used for it. When i put it in and press enter, it just has the black screen without the message anymore.

A:Computer hangs at black screen with underscore after factory reset

You may have a bad or corrupt hard drive. Have you checked that the hard drive is detected in the bios?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-hangs-at-black-screen-with-underscore-after-factory-reset.173949/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi all I have been trying multiple times to install Windows to my hp pavilion g - laptop from an installation DVD but with no success so far The problem is that I can't proceed with the installation Every time I put the DVD and boot from there first I see that black screen with the bar at the bottom saying quot loading files quot And after it finishes it gets to a black screen with only a cursor present and then it does nothing more than that It hangs there no matter how much time I wait The DVD-ROM also throttles down and the HDD activity LED stops blinking at all I thought about a crappy image so I downloaded the repair disk iso and burned hangs cursor with screen Re-Installing a Process in Win7 black / a CD with it but then I got exactly the same behavior I'm thinking now of perhaps trying to install from a USB stick Re-Installing Win7 / Process hangs in a black screen with cursor as a last resort I know that there are some similar posts in the forum about this situation but I wasn't able to figure out what finally the solution to this problem might be Could someone advise me on that

A:Re-Installing Win7 / Process hangs in a black screen with cursor

Are you running any virtual drives, or DVD decryptors? If you are, disable them and try again.

I have found those to mess with booting from discs. I remember AnyDVD in particular giving me some dramas.

Obviously you've set the boot order in your bios?

Here's a guide on how to make a bootable flash drive.
USB Windows 7 Installation Key Drive - Create

It's always good to have an OS flash drive in your laptop bag anyways.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/277754-re-installing-win7-process-hangs-black-screen-cursor.html
Relevancy 60.63%

My Satellite laptop was working fine until I presumably closed the lid during the boot process Since then the screen is blank black even though I can change with the power button between quot operation quot including HD activity WLAN and alternatively long press quot hibernate quot with a on off fading operation symbol I tried all screen - black hangs Z930-119 Reset? in Satellite hibernate with combinations of keys long-press-power-button FN-F FN-F etc There Satellite Z930-119 hangs in hibernate with black screen - Reset? is no output signal at the external VGA connector I achieved no change at all All I would need is something like a hardware-reset There is no easy way to remove the battery as suggested in the internet Do you have any suggestions or tricks like quot press xy and uv quot or alike to produce a real hardware-reset to make the device start from the beginning I cannot believe that a sophisticated product like the Satellite Z has no provisions to reboot in case of a software failure In a few cases things like that happen in real life

A:Satellite Z930-119 hangs in hibernate with black screen - Reset?

Hi

As far as I know you would need to remove the bottom cover just to get access to the battery.

Here is an video on Youtube:
[Toshiba How-To: Z930 and Z935 Disassembly Instructions|http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSmEhiK3Njs]

But I would recommend trying something different.
Did you connect the external monitor to the notebook just to check if something would be visible on the 2nd screen?
Do that.

In case nothing would be visible on 2nd monitor you could try to remove the battery and to press and hold the power button 30sec long.
Not quite sure if it would be helpful but in some cases this procedure might help to wakeup the unit again.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?73713-Satellite-Z930-119-hangs-in-hibernate-with-black-screen-Reset
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi there I have just started having this problem Everything was running fine previously I hadn't changed anything except for a couple of recommended settings given by system mechanic which I've had on my system for a couple of years now When I boot up the computer directly after the Microsoft logo and green progress bar it hangs for up to mins on a black screen The mouse arrow is the only thing visible The HD activity light is off black before startup screen hangs loading windows at Slow After that windows loads The computer behaves as normal after that I reinstalled windows and all other software which seemed to sort Slow startup hangs at black screen before loading windows the issue until I installed sp which has now brought me back to square Computer is running xp pro media centre with sp I am using Avast free Anti-virus Comodo Dragon Firewall and Malwarebytes Slow startup hangs at black screen before loading windows pro which I've been using for more than years I also have ccleaner and spywareblaster again for more than years Any help would be much appreciated Ali

A:Slow startup hangs at black screen before loading windows

Please download MiniToolBox --> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/minitoolbox/

Check all of the boxes and then click on Go. When you get the report, please attach it here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/492138/slow-startup-hangs-at-black-screen-before-loading-windows/