Windows Support Forum

Crash, Black Screen sometimes purple and green screen

Q: Crash, Black Screen sometimes purple and green screen

Hello I know this isnt technically a BSOD but its still a crash my laptop crashes each time I play games The crash Black Crash, sometimes and purple Screen screen green happens in different forms sometimes the screen goes weird and then two bands appear one purple one on Crash, Black Screen sometimes purple and green screen top and a whiteish one on bottom the whiteish band slowly turns green until it completly turns green The other variants are black screens but in one form it beeps times after the crash in the other it doesnt I tested to see if the laptop would crash with war thunder I got through the entire menu and to flight test my plane was in the landing strip for about seconds as soon as I pressed the quot w quot key the crash happened it was the purple with green one I would also like to say that yesterday there were no crashes whatsoever they just started today I have a cooler under my laptop at all times Oh and also I took the battery out and pressed the power button then I played an entire match of insurgency without a crash but then I connected my head set and cooler to the USB ports and it crashed shortly after dont know if coincidence or something to do with the power Please help any help would be appreciated

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Crash, Black Screen sometimes purple and green screen

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Crash, Black Screen sometimes purple and green screen

Update to the problem, now each time I want to turn it on it beeps 8 times, its starts off with high pitched beeps and then beeps 8 times with low pitched beeps

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/crash-black-screen-sometimes-purple-and-green-screen-855897.html
Relevancy 100.62%

So, my brother opened the computer about a few days ago (I don't even remember what he was trying to do) and apparently, he accidentaly moved the VGA card (GeForce, a pretty recent one). It still perfectly fits the motherboard and there appears to have no damage on it.

Green and purple stripes appeared across the screen when Windows launched: even on the BIOS image of the pc starting, we can see squares flickering with grey/white.

We put a small cardboard box under the VGA card to slightly tilt it upwards. No more disturbances for a few days, but now, even when we try to slightly force it there are stripes. As for the games, their graphics are messed up beyond description - triangles stretching from the center of the screen to corners, stripes, geometrical figures...

So, anyone know how to fix this ?

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 99.33%

I have a Kindle Fire and my front camera seems to have green and purple vertical lines on the screen...any help?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Green-and-Purple-lines-on-camera-screen/td-p/5827454
Relevancy 97.18%

My daughter has not turned on her TV computer in over a year We just turned it on and Screen is HP blue, purple Touchsmart IQ846t disto... and green, the screen is distorted and bright green purple and blue nbsp I have no idea what is wrong with it I researched it online and apparently other people had the same problem but I couldn't find a solution HP Touchsmart IQ846t Screen is green, blue, purple and disto... nbsp I don't know if it's an easy fix or if it's something really bad that I wouldn't be able to fix on my own nbsp I've never had this happen before so I have no clue what to do nbsp Does anyone know how to fix it and if it's not fixable by me what steps do I take to get it fixed and is it worth it nbsp nbsp It's a shame cuz it's hardly been used it was one of those impulse purchases for my daughter's bedroom nbsp who was at nbsp the time thinking she'd use the touchscreen for games we've had it since Aug and she's probably only turned it on times since then she's never watched the tv either cuz she's watches in the living room or my room all these years nbsp I turn it on to update it once a year last time being a little over a year ago or more I think and it was fine nbsp Figures now she finally wants to use it and nbsp watch tv in her room and this happens nbsp Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you

A:HP Touchsmart IQ846t Screen is green, blue, purple and disto...

@jenfur8?, welcome to the forum. The first thing that you should try is updating the driver.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Touchsmart-IQ846t-Screen-is-green-blue-purple-and/td-p/5806152
Relevancy 95.46%

Title tells most of it Dell w Vista Business - screen flashes sparkling purple amp green and crashes purple w/Vista flashes screen and & green crashes 8400 system Dell - system Occasionally I get vertical Dell 8400 w/Vista - screen flashes purple & green and crashes system red and blue lines but rarely Dell has replaced the motherboard video card and hard Dell 8400 w/Vista - screen flashes purple & green and crashes system drive We ve run diagnostics on the monitor and it appears ok I ve spent in excess of hours on the phone with Dell and Microsoft tech support They ve run or had me run every imaginable diagnostic We ve installed different video drivers I have Radeon X to no avail It used to be occasional but now I boot the system and it crashes withing minutes sometimes as soon as Vista comes up Sometimes I can boot in safe mode w networking and it will stablilize but sometimes it crashes in safe mode too However other times the purple green starts flashing as soon as the boot starts i e prior to Vista loading -- when the Dell logo comes up on the screen Has anyone had this problem Needless to say I m at my wits end with this nbsp

A:Dell 8400 w/Vista - screen flashes purple & green and crashes system

Buddy , any third party software you installed in your Vista prior to this issue and tell me you have an AV in place.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-8400-w-vista-screen-flashes-purple-green-and-crashes-system.700886/
Relevancy 93.31%

CPU: AMD Phenom 9750 Quad-Core 2.4 GHz
MotherBoard: ASUS M4A78-E
GFX: Gainward Geforce 280 1GB
RAM: 4 Gigs of DDR2 PC2-8500
PSU: 1000W

Hello my name is John,
My Computer works fine but when i play a game for example Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 after a while my computer crashes and i get a purple screen with weird blocks, i have all the recent drivers etc installed.

I bought the motherboard i have last week, could there be some kind of conflict?
any ideas?
think my gfx card is broke and i should get a new one?

Thanks for reading

Relevancy 92.45%

Hey guys hope u can help me So i watch a lot of Korean eng only to seems and why? Screen crash Purple site on 1 be sub tv shows and use http www dailymotion com gb to watch them This is a new computer around a week and days old but i m finding on this site when i do start watching something a little bit later the screen will freeze pink purple and then my computer will crash it comes a lot faster if i m watching something in full screen its has only happened on this site Purple Screen and crash only seems to be on 1 site why? so far but id like to no why before it starts to happening with other sites My computer specs Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd H M-D H-USB Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 91.16%

just recently i have not been able to play videos on my computer

i have done some minor upgrades since i last knowingly played a dvd on my computer

they consist of a 2 gigs of ram, a new power supply, and a new graphics card

now when i try to play a dvd in windows media player or hp dvd player all i see is a purple black screen, and i hear the audio

anyone know what i need to do to fix this issue ?

Relevancy 89.44%

I was checking the weather this morning and my computer purple screen-ed and turned off. Now it will blue screen constantly on start-up unless I go into safe-mode. I... may of accidentally deleted something in frustration earlier that allowed my computer to even blue-screen.. So any help on to why this is happening, please and thank you!

A:Checking a website and purple screen crash, then BSOD on start-up

So I've tried to do a disk check up, updating my drivers, and rolling back my graphics card... No luck, can I get some help please?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/372089-checking-website-purple-screen-crash-then-bsod-start-up.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello and thanks for reading I have a year old HP pavilion dv series laptop running windows Yesterday I turned it on and it started normally but when I tried to browse on Firefox it gave me the blue screen for the first time ever and it shut down Fearing I had a virus I ran it in safe mode blinking Laptop blue cursor crash HP screen screen black with now and started a scan and began HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor transporting my pictures via Dropbox just in case it died on me Sure enough a weird error message couldnt HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor figure out what program made the message pop up popped up saying I had a bunch of urgent viruses I didn t click on it at all and before I couldn t think of what to do the blue screen popped up and it shut down When I tried to restart it the HP splash sign popped up and the screen flickered black and a blinking HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor cursor started in the upper left corner So this is where I stand now Black screen with blinking cursor Set default setting in BIOS didn t work and F safe mode or F system restore does nothing The black screen just stays there Any ideas Is it a gonner I m hoping to get back on and get my pictures if possible Help please nbsp

A:HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor

sounds like a bug -click report and ask to move to malware forum

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-laptop-blue-screen-crash-now-black-screen-with-blinking-cursor.1033666/
Relevancy 85.14%

hello experts :)

i dont know hw dis started. but since d past few dayz, d error i m facing is a little weird i feel. maybe m wrong n its jus a co incidence, u experts need to help me nw.

i get a "green screen crash" .. dat is my monitor freezes n it becomes a little greenish wit sum alarmin sound. nuthng helps other then a restart.
its quite irritating. and something catchy here is.. dis happens only when i use internet, namely orkut. like it never happens wen i m not using d net. but d moment i login on orkut.. d chances r dat d green screen wd cum up :(

any graphic problem?

do help me out .. waiting for ur suggestions.. :)

A:a green screen crash when orkut is used.

Please post your PC specs.
Prebuilt- Brand and Model Number
Custom built-Brand and model of; Mobo-CPU-RAM-Grahics Card-Power Supply

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/a-green-screen-crash-when-orkut-is-used-378871.html
Relevancy 84.28%

My computer with core duo 2, 4gbRAM, G43\45 Chipset broad, OS xp sp2 crashes with green screen when trying to view in full screen while working with DVD rendering software. after an hour of working with my computer unable to restart my computer - I have to wait for about one hour after closing my computer. .

A:Green Screen Crash and rebooting problems

perhaps try to tell some more about what is happening and when. You post is confusing to me.

Good luck!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/green-screen-crash-and-rebooting-problems-398144.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I am not sure if this is the correct place to ask the question Is something missing on my windows XP for webcam capture I have a Dell Optiplex GX tower with windows XP pro Last week it was infected with a virus so I decided to clean the hard drive and reinstall a clean Windows XP pro After that I had saved a folder from Dell with drivers and intalled them Then I or cam black no has picture, screen green Web installed SP and all the program that I needed I have a webcam Mobitechplus MW that was working fine before I installed the camera and the driver and at the end it tells me that the camera plus is ready to use When I go to the program AMCAP it gives me a notice on the right bottom corner that the web camera start to capture BUT the window is black and no picture Web cam has no picture, green or black screen I uninstalled and reinstalled driver and camera with no result Last night I installed SP and still nothing I installed the camera on my laptop and it is working fine so the hardware is not the problem I am wondering if there is a dell or windows Driver Web cam has no picture, green or black screen missing since I reinstalled te software I can watch you tube on my screen but seems like I missed something I did try on MSN messenger yahoo Messenger and skype and I have no picture just a green or black screen but it does recognize the webcam in every program Help would be great nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/web-cam-has-no-picture-green-or-black-screen.863031/
Relevancy 83.85%

computer keeps restarting on its own intermittently and it Screen - Black Out Green Intermittently start since before December While between scanning a log and posting it on the forum computer screen blacked out and i have to manual off the power by pressing and holding on power button Sometimes the screen will turn into a blank green screen Can some one help with this Please Thanks in advance Logfile Intermittently Black Out - Green Screen of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice bin C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exe C WINDOWS system agrsmsvc exe C Program Files GIGABYTE EnergySaver GSvr exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe C Documents and Settings admin Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE XZ WTEB HijackThis exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http windowsupdate microsoft com R - URLSearchHook DeviceVM Url Search Hook - BF -BFFF- B F- D - DF F DD - C WINDOWS system dvmurl dll O - BHO IDM Helper - C - - B-A BF- B C A A - C Program Files Internet Download Manager IDMIECC dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO AskBar BHO - f d - - d - c -aa e ed - C Program Files AskBarDis bar bin askBar dll O - BHO IEVkbdBHO - AB -E D - F -A A - FA CCA C - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security ievkbd dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar Ask Toolbar - d e-fd b- e -b - d b f - C Program Files AskBarDis bar bin askBar dll O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run AlcWzrd ALCWZRD EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run GEST O - HKLM Run StartCCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe quot MSRun O - HKLM Run AVP quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe quot O - HKLM Run UnlockerAssistant quot C Program Files Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher... Read more

A:Intermittently Black Out - Green Screen

hi guys, can anyone help me pls?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intermittently-black-out-green-screen.912445/
Relevancy 83.85%

A few days ago my display settings would not save and each time I restarted my computer they were different. I thought it would not get any worse however now when i start my computer the screen goes black just after the green loading bar. The computer is still on because it makes hard drive noises and my quickplay buttons are blue but the computer does not respond. It starts in safemode but it won't start normally. I have Vista Home Premium 32 Bit with Service Pack 1. Any help would be greatly appreciated to get rid of this black screen. Thanks in advance.

A:Black Screen After Green Loading Bar

Originally Posted by baghb14

A few days ago my display settings would not save and each time I restarted my computer they were different. I thought it would not get any worse however now when i start my computer the screen goes black just after the green loading bar. The computer is still on because it makes hard drive noises and my quickplay buttons are blue but the computer does not respond. It starts in safemode but it won't start normally. I have Vista Home Premium 32 Bit with Service Pack 1. Any help would be greatly appreciated to get rid of this black screen. Thanks in advance.

Check your windows error logs. Also check your device manager for problems.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/255039-black-screen-after-green-loading-bar.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I recently factory restored my computer and I restarted it. It starts and goes through the windows icon/logo thingy and then to just a black screen with a green box with an arrow in it. Please help

Relevancy 83.85%

Hi there I have a Gateway computer running Windows Vista Home Premium bit I came to my computer and there was a black screen so I tried doing the ctrl-alt-del and nothing happened I then powered my computer down Screen bar after Black green hangs unplugged it and Black Screen hangs after green bar then plugged it back in and started it back up From there it went through everything however after the green bar it stopped I could hear it doing something but nothing happend on the screen I left it overnight thinking it might take some time but came in the morning and the same screen was showing I then powered it back down and tried again only Black Screen hangs after green bar this time tried to go in safe mode with comand prompt and it started however hung on windows system drivers crcdisk sys How do I resolve this and use my computer again Oh and I have also tried re-installing windows but again it gets to a blue windows screen with just a mouse arrow and hangs I have tried pretty much everything I have read online and nothing is working I am not a computer tech and don't know much about Vista so please if you need more info please let me know trendynontech

A:Black Screen hangs after green bar

This link might be a some help to you.

Windows Vista freezes when booting on crcdisk.sys

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/280014-black-screen-hangs-after-green-bar.html
Relevancy 82.99%

OK so I got home one night and turned on my monitor and I had the blue screen of death. I shut down my PC and tried again the next day. When I started it back up I was getting the 3 beeps so I removed my ram and cleaned them and fixed that problem. Now when I start up my PC the resolution is all messed up, and there are these green lines running across the background. Also I notice a orange light on my mother board that I am not sure has always been there. I have pictures I will attach. If anybody has any ideas please let me know, I've read that this could have been something tied in with nvidia geforce installing a new driver. If not I'm pretty sure my video card is dying

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/625646/help-screen-is-black-with-green-lines-and-i-cant-fix-it-see-pics/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello I clicked on a link this week and got a virus the same old story lol screen Black virus...you are Green and infected! I got a neon green background with black letters saying my computer is infected It also Green and Black screen virus...you are infected! had a fake virus scan in the start up bar It would give me pop ups about every minutes I ran malwarebytes and it took care of the screen and the pop ups I will attach the log below I also ran Microsofts one scan and it says I have problems but it can not delete them When I re-run malwarebytes it still finds problems and lets me delete them but they are back when I restart I also ran the DSS program as well I will attach that log too Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Database version Windows Service Pack Internet Explorer AMmbam-log- - - - - txtScan type Full Scan C Objects scanned Time elapsed minute s second s Memory Processes Infected Memory Modules Infected Registry Keys Infected Registry Values Infected Registry Data Items Infected Folders Infected Files Infected Memory Processes Infected No malicious items detected Memory Modules Infected No malicious items detected Registry Keys Infected No malicious items detected Registry Values Infected No malicious items detected Registry Data Items Infected No malicious items detected Folders Infected No malicious items detected Files Infected C System Volume Information restore E ECD F- EF - D- - A EB A RP A exe Trojan FakeAlert - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C System Volume Information restore E ECD F- EF - D- - A EB A RP A exe Rogue Installer - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C System Volume Information restore E ECD F- EF - D- - A EB A RP A exe Trojan FakeAlert - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C WINDOWS system config systemprofile Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE X NTL get htm Trojan Hiloti - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by mjanse at on Fri Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition On-access scanning enabled Updated FB E- B - A- F -E D C Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exesvchost exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus SavRoam exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exeC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeC Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exeC Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exeC Program Files Yahoo Search Protection SearchProtection exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Winamp winampa exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files ChromeData AutoBook AUS exeC PROGRA MICROS Office OUTLOOK EXEC Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvcC WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXEC Documents and Settings mjanse Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE XWOLPKUI dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www yahoo com fr fp-yie uSearch Page hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sp http www yahoo comuSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp search yahoo com search p searchTerms amp ei utf- amp fr b ie uWindow Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo uDefault Page URL hxxp www yahoo com fr fp-yie mDefault Page URL hxxp www yahoo com fr fp-yie uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ieuSearchURL Default hxxp us rd ... Read more

A:Green and Black screen virus...you are infected!

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.In the custom scan box paste the following:CODEnetsvcsmsconfigsafebootminimalsafebootnetworkactivexdrivers32%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles/md5starteventlog.dllscecli.dllnetlogon.dllcngaudit.dllsceclt.dllntelogon.dlllogevent.dlliaStor.sysnvstor.sysatapi.sysIdeChnDr.sysviasraid.sysAGP440.sysvaxscsi.sysnvatabus.sysviamraid.sysnvata.sysnvgts.sysiastorv.sysViPrt.syseNetHook.dllahcix86.sysKR10N.sysnvstor32.sysahcix86s.sysnvrd32.sys/md5stop%systemroot%\*. /mp /sPush the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt<--Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/295262/green-and-black-screen-virusyou-are-infected/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi Everyone I hope you can help me with my problem it doesnt happen green on Boot Black with N the middle in Screen all the time but at least once a week and its becoming annoying when I boot my computer up it Black Screen on Boot with green N in the middle sometimes gives the the first screen as per normal ie black with white writing but then the next screen before windows goes black with a green capital N in the centre and wont boot any further I have to hold the power button in until it shuts down and then push it again to restart it usually boots properly the next time with no problems and will continue for a few days in good condition until the next time it black screens has anyone come across this problem before and did you find a solution I have ati radeon HD I suspect the problem is something to do with graphics or drivers but not sure xp pro service pack if this helps Thanks in advance for any help you can offer me Cheers She Lee

A:Black Screen on Boot with green N in the middle

Post all hardware specs, including power supply wattage and brand.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-on-boot-with-green-n-in-the-middle-437427.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello everyone Since I am not sure whether this is a driver software or hardware problem I decided to start by posting in this general discussion forum Please feel free to Screen Sometimes Black Green Light with Solid move it if you feel some other place is more appropriate I upgraded to Windows shortly after purchasing a new PC late last year I am using an ASUS P P D motherboard ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GSO graphics card and a ViewSonic VA LCD monitor The issue that has stumped me since I got this new computer is that about of the time when the computer initiates the monitor when coming out of standby or hibernation or when starting the computer I will see the desktop for about second and then the screen will go black If I turn the monitor Black Screen Sometimes with Solid Green Light off and on again I will see the image for another second and then it may or may not go black again The interesting thing is that the power light on the LCD is still a solid green it goes orange if no signal is detected Therefore the LCD supposedly is still getting a signal but it does not display anything Other than not being Black Screen Sometimes with Solid Green Light able to see anything the computer and Windows operates normally If I turn the monitor off and then on it will either stay on another second before going black or actually stay on in which case I go about my day Sometimes this takes - tries of turning the monitor on or off Other times I give up and use these -second intervals to turn the computer off with my mouse or restart blindly with the appropriate keyboard strokes and try rebooting I have tried the following fixes from various suggestions I found through Google to no avail Updated all drivers Applied all Windows Updates Update motherboard BIOS no GPU BIOS revision out yet that I could find Press quot Auto-Adjust quot when the monitor is black it doesn't work It is interesting to note that when the monitor goes black with the solid green light I cannot even see the On-Screen Display of the LCD interface like the interface for changing brightness and contrast etc I press the buttons but nothing happens Disable quot Link State Power Management quot under quot PCI-Express quot in the quot Advanced Power Settings quot I would like to try connecting to the DVI port of the GPU it has one DVI and one VGA but my old LCD only takes VGA and I don't have an adapter I might look into this Another interesting item sometimes this blank screen happens on startup It does not happen however until after the Windows logo screen which is displayed properly without fail After that if it decides to fail the screen goes black and stays black or boots normally I then turn the monitor off and on until the image stays there I am positive that this issue did not start until I switched over to my new computer so it is either a motherboard GPU or Windows issue Since I have done everything I could in regards to the GPU and motherboard I am wondering if any of you might have any suggestions Also I have not been able to find anybody with the same issue it's kind of tricky to describe in search terms If any of you remember seeing similar threads I would appreciate it too Thanks in advance for all of your help

A:Black Screen Sometimes with Solid Green Light

Hi Pal and welcome to the 7 forums ... is it possible for you to fill out your system spec in full ... just makes it easier to troubleshoot ... thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/70309-black-screen-sometimes-solid-green-light.html
Relevancy 82.99%

hi guys,
i bought a second hand dell pc. I plugged it up to my old monitor and all i get when i on the pc is a black screen with green lines running across then a blank screen.
Pleae advise on what the problem could be?

A:Black screen with green lines on startup?

Bad video card...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-with-green-lines-on-startup.565033/
Relevancy 82.99%

I have (Toshiba Satelite)laptop with Win7 & IE9 that will have a boot up with black screen
occuring after startup. The black screen states PXE - E61 media test failure check cable and
PXE - MOF existing PXE ROM. Then the computer gets past this black screen and finishes booting up.
I will then experience a blue screen crash intermittently, seems to happen when on the internet,
but not sure. The blue screen has a full screen info that last 2 to 3 seconds and I'm unable to
read it all. It does state crash dump towards end of message. The computer will go blank then reboot on its own
showing black screen info again. Usually after this reboot things run somewhat ok, but somewhat slower. Have run
malware bytes, avast, super anti-spyware and c cleaner. Checked all updates and drivers with no help
from these. Any suggestions and is this something Mybleepingcomputer can fix?

A:Black Screen with Blue Screen Crash

Sounds like a failing hard drive or motherboard at worst but hopefully not. Have you taken the steps to back-up your documents first?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/441500/black-screen-with-blue-screen-crash/
Relevancy 82.99%

hy
my problem is black screen in access windows 10 or blue screen error nvlddmkm

tnk

A:Black screen or Crash Blue Screen

Please remove all pirated programs and such from your system before we can start troubleshooting.
The Forum Rules is meant for everything regarding piracy
Discussing it,Asking for guidance,Asking for a crack,The use of it,Etc.

4) No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc).

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/54511-black-screen-crash-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 82.56%

so I'm at a loss as to how to explain this one heres the log from event viewer Log Name Application Source Application Error Date AM Event ID Task Category Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer Raider Description Faulting application name Explorer EXE version time stamp x dbc Faulting module name Windows Media Streaming dll version time stamp x a Exception code xc Fault offset x c Faulting process id x Faulting application start time x cf dbd f ffc Faulting application path C Windows Explorer EXE Faulting module path C Windows System Windows Media Streaming dll Report Id a d c f -ea - e -be -a cfe e Faulting package full name Faulting package-relative application ID Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event event flashed green, explorer screen crash viewer says quot gt lt screen flashed green, event viewer says explorer crash System gt lt Provider Name quot Application Error quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt screen flashed green, event viewer says explorer crash lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Raider lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt Explorer EXE lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt dbc lt Data gt lt Data gt Windows Media Streaming dll lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt a lt Data gt lt Data gt c lt Data gt lt Data gt c lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt cf dbd f ffc lt Data gt lt Data gt C Windows Explorer EXE lt Data gt lt Data gt C Windows System Windows Media Streaming dll lt Data gt lt Data gt a d c f -ea - e -be -a cfe e lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt -- thats the end of the log can anyone shed some light on this I just got this computer back from servicing

A:screen flashed green, event viewer says explorer crash

Hi xraiderv ^_^ ,

This is a thread related to BSOD Debugging, so you would be getting better help in the General Support section but I can try to help you out.

Visit this link :- Windows 8 DLL File Information - Windows.Media.Streaming.dll

It will give you the list of components required for this DLL to work properly. Please follow this guide to verify the Windows Files and see if the problem gets sorted or not :-

How To Use SFC Scannow to Repair Windows System Files

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/47364-screen-flashed-green-event-viewer-says-explorer-crash.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello I am having quite a problem with my computer After a while of idling or in the middle of a game the screen will go black but the light stays green indicating there still is a signal i think This is on my CRT So i tried another monitor an LCD while this is happening and i get the message Mode not supported I tried installing an older nvidia driver thinking that could be the problem but it didn t fix it When this happens i see the video card fan is still going and I m really not sure what is wrong If you could help me out that would be most excellent the computer i am on now has Intel Extreme Graphics onboard video and it is painful to play any stays Green going Light on - black Monitor Screen decent game on it Thanks in advance Edit I also remembered sometimes rarely when i shut the computer it wont react when i try to turn it back on with the power button but a few mins later as if by magic it turns on nbsp

Relevancy 82.13%

Need help with screen issue.  Have a black spot going down from top of screen to a green line.  Have a black spot at bottom of screen.  Attached is a picture.   Is this something I can fix?  How can I get this fixed? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Notebook-Screen-has-Black-spot-and-green-line/td-p/5655092
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello,
recently after a windows update that did not install successfully every time i turn on my computer it would go completely black after the green loading bars and stay that way the whole time.

Ive tried safe mode but it still goes to the black screen and tried start up repair but i left it on for 10 hours and no progress. Also tried recovery to a earlier point but could not due to an error of corrupted files.
Tried bootrec /fixboot , bootrec /buildbcd but that did not work either
Using System restore, it goes to a blue screen and freezes
thx in advance for any help

A:Vista Screen goes black after green loading bars

Diagnose your hard disk any good tool Bootable Hard Drive Diagnostics - Vox

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/258263-vista-screen-goes-black-after-green-loading-bars.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I had just clicked into some video on youtube when the screen suddenly became filled with lines like this:
(This bar is now at the top of my desktop)

(This is my start menu)

I clicked around a few times and it eventually went away. However, my start menu and desktop still has these lines.

Does anyone know what they are and how I can get rid of them?

Relevancy 82.13%

Hi All,

I am desperate to get my laptop up and running again.
Sony took 6 weeks to deliver recovery disks, but they do not work.
Basically, I wanted to upgrade my RAM and after changing the bars, my laptop did not turn on anymore.
I put the old back and it still would not work. I ordered new RAM, this time from KINGSTON. Still nothing.
Recovery disks as mentioned: nothing...

The laptop starts up, screen is black stays black, three solid green lights on top and one solid green light in front.
Any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vgn-n320e-black-screen-wont-start-3-green-led.842055/
Relevancy 81.27%

When PC is idling, the screen turn into red, green, blue, white, black, and every time I need to turn off the machine. It says "the best driver software for your device is already installed" -  Intel HD Graphics. I have tried uninstall, install.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Screen-turns-to-red-green-blue-white-black-after-upgrade-to/td-p/5669032
Relevancy 81.27%

my computer freezes up during start-up. to solve the problem, i reformatted my pc, but it still freezes. i removed the dedicated VGA to see if it's the one causing the problem, but to no avail. PC still freezes and sometimes, when it loads, it freezes and screen turns green,black, and sometimes blue. IS this a hardware problem? how can i fix this?

MOBO:ASUS M4A78LT-M LE
RAM: 2GB
HDD: 300Gb
Processor: Athlon phenom II 965

actions taken but didn't solve the problem:

1. installed and run CCcleaner and Registry Easy
2. removed dedicated VGA (geforce 9500)
3. reinstalled OS
4. updated graphics drivers.

can anyone help??

A:PC freezes during boot-up (green, black, or somtimes blue screen)

Try another power supply...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-freezes-during-boot-up-green-black-or-somtimes-blue-screen.177149/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello there i got this problem my computer started by indicating error(PRI Master Hard Disk:S.M.A.R.T Status Bad,Backup..) and not loading the OS Win 98 just a screen written Win 98.I then removed the hard disk(Fujitsu MPF 3102AT) and checked it on another computer i got the same result,when i placed back the hard disk so that i could upgrade the OS to Win XP,my monitor would not show anything.The power light would light up green but after a few seconds it start blinking green.The CPU is running on P111.Pliz help.

A:Monitor showing a blinking green light and screen is black.

Welcome to TechSpot, adad

adad said:

(PRI Master Hard Disk:S.M.A.R.T Status Bad,Backup..)Click to expand...

That says it all - your hard disk drive is failing (S.M.A.R.T. = Self-Monitoring Analysis Reporting Technology).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-showing-a-blinking-green-light-and-screen-is-black.19829/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello This morning ish I had nothing running more than usual chrome onenote word on my desktop I was in my other room turning on my laptop but it crash screen DSL crash; modem Black would not find my wireless network I went to my desktop and found that the monitor turned itself off that's normal but moving the mouse and pressing the spacebar would not wake the monitor up The desktop power light was on and the monitor light was on I then looked at the DSL modem and saw the power light was red So I unplug it and waited seconds plugged it back in and the desktop rebooted Could a power fault on the modem Black screen crash; DSL modem crash affect the desktop like that I checked the event log viewer and the closest I can find is this Source Service Control Manager The Microsoft Network Inspection System service depends on the Microsoft Malware Protection Driver service which failed to start because of the following error A device attached to the system is not functioning Attached is the win utility info you offer

A:Black screen crash; DSL modem crash

Temp Monitoring

Check for heating issues using Speccy or HWMonitor.

Speccy - System Information - Free Download
HWMonitor CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting

Upload a screen shot with either of the tools: Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums\

Run Disk Check on your Hard Drive for file system errors and bad sectors on it.

Hard Drive Diagnostics
Double click and open my computer.
Right click on desired drive and hit properties.
Click on tools tab and Check now.

Read complete instructions on the tutorial: Disk Check

Other Tests:

Upload a screenshot of your hard disk using Crystal Disk Info.
Make a hard drive test from the hard drive manufacturers website.
Test your Hard Drive with SeaTools.

Take memtest. Run for 8 passes and test each stick in a know good slot for an additional 6 passes.RAM - Test with Memtest86+

The goal is to test all the RAM sticks and all the motherboard slots.

Check your motherboard manual to ensure the RAM sticks are in the recommended motherboard slots. Some motherboards have very specific slots required for the number of RAM sticks installed.

If you get errors, stop the test and continue with the next step.

1. Remove all but one stick of RAM from your computer (this will be RAM stick #1), and run Memtest86 again, for 7 passes.*Be sure to note the RAM stick, use a piece of tape with a number, and note the motherboard slot.
If this stick passes the test then go to step #3.

2. If RAM stick #1 has errors, repeat the test with RAM stick #2 in the same motherboard slot.*If RAM stick #2 passes, this indicates that RAM stick #1 may be bad. If you want to be absolutely sure, re-test RAM stick #1 in another known good slot.
*If RAM stick #2 has errors, this indicates another possible bad RAM stick, a possible motherboard slot failure or inadequate settings.
3. Test the next stick of RAM (stick #2) in the next motherboard slot.*If this RAM stick has errors repeat step #2 using a known good stick if possible, or another stick.
*If this RAM stick has no errors and both sticks failed in slot#1, test RAM stick #1 in this slot.
4. If you find a stick that passes the test, test it in all the other motherboard slots.

If Part 2 testing shows errors, and all tests in Part 3 show errors, you will need to test the RAM sticks in another computer and/or test other RAM in your computer to identify the problem.

In this way, you can identify whether it is a bad stick of RAM, a bad motherboard, or incompatibility between the sticks.

Information
Errors are sometimes found after 8 passes.

Tip
Memtest should be done overnight.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/353438-black-screen-crash-dsl-modem-crash.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I tried to switch batteries in my wireless mouse, replugged and got a black screen for safe start up from hardware removal or unexpected restart. What do I do next?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-black-screen-crash.606083/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi all
Im new to this forum and ive posted this topics in Games as it happens during them but I think its a hardware issue as well
After about 10-15 mins of idling in any game, the screen goes black (almost like in sleep mode) but its a crash since you cant recover from it and i have to restart my computer manually.
Ive tested the CPU and GPU and i can not figure out why my computer is doing this
I ran a virus scan and i reinstalled the Upgrade on my windows 7.
Actually microsoft did that via remote terminal when i thought there was a problem with my windows
Any help would be great!
Thanks

A:Black Screen Crash

Please post your system specs, To include Make and model System if Big Box, or same info for the following if custom or home built, Mother Board (including Revision number), Processor (Exact Model Number), Ram, Video Card, Hdd(s), Optical Drive(s), Power Supply Manufacturer Model, Wattage and Amperage on the +12V Rails, OS, and any other peripherals installed on the motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-crash.1025911/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello my apologies if I am posting this in the wrong section but I am desperate for help and just found this website I ll Crash Screen Black try to be a thorough Black Screen Crash as possible describing my problem and what I know about it to help you help me I just built my first PC during December of last year and I got a friend to help me build it Specifics ATX Guardian Case Asus Z Pro Motherboard AMD Radeon r graphics card gb ssd gb RAM Intel I - GHz Corsair TX Power Supply Now on to the problem After a day or two of having this computer I started to notice little wavy horizontal lines that would run from the top of the screen to the bottom while I was on it I finally got those to go away by using an HDMI cord instead of VGA I m not sure if that is related to this but the real problem is that whenever I am watching a video on the internet sometimes my computer will crash It used to be with grey vertical lines and after messing with some things whenever it happened they were all different colors I m not sure if this is limited to just videos or not because I m pretty sure it s happened a few times when my PC was just idoling I started a download of Elder Scrolls Online which I had to leave going all night once and woke up with a frozen computer and all that was up on the screen before the crash was the games launcher downloader Anyways after months of changing things and trying different fixes now when it crashes it s just a black screep with looping audio from whatever I was listening to Below I will post a few more specifics in a list Things I ve tried Updated drivers BIOS GPU CPU AUDIO Cleaned out my entire tower very thoroughly tweaked power settings set GPU voltage to constant through MSI afterburner move my GPU to another gpu slot on the mother board Another important note this has NEVER happened once in a video games I had it happen in games like runescape and the original HALO but I have a hunch its because they don t require very much power out of your graphics card But games like cs go wow far cry I can play the hell out of for hours on in but God forbid I want to watch a movie It always crashes during the good parts too lol But the only thing I can do is a hard restart Thanks for reading I ll be waiting anxiously for any replies nbsp

Relevancy 76.54%

Hi i m having a terrible pc crash and i need help HP pavillon e Quad Core GB RAM GB HD NVidia Geforce GS Windows Vista bit home Premium Avast antivirus updated january I m having suddenly a black screen with a message no signal on it It happend time to time at the beginning and i thought it was a windows vista problem but now it happend all the time and not only on windows vista it happends also during bios on pc startup I ve opened the pc and clean a bit the dust to see if the fan was blocked and screen black crash motherboard or graphic card was overheating but it wasn t that I desactivated the graphic card black screen crash driver but it didnt solve the problem neither I cannot even try to format and apply backup because the computer crashes while i do that When crash happend i cannot ctr-alt-delete to restart it I have to unplug the pc and plug it again Do you have a clue for that please black screen crash nbsp

Relevancy 76.54%

This started either screen crash once exactly day black a after loading x Server a share screen app or after a Flash update both were done in February When I click on a streaming video or any website or software which uses streaming video such as Skype my laptop instantly goes to black screen with backlighting An external monitor doesn't work either It happens with Firefox or IE or in the case black screen crash exactly once a day of Skype no browser I've uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Flash and updated Shockwave and uninstalled x and turned my video hardware acceleration all the way down but something has permanently changed in my video settings I am getting ready to move everything off and wipe the computer clean but I'm still puzzled about one thing Why does it happen exactly once and only once a day It's so predictable that I've established a routine of clicking on a streaming video as soon as I turn the computer on just to make it hang so I won't have to worry about it the rest of the day How or what process or message is my computer getting the first time I boot in the morning that it doesn't get the second third fourth or fifth time I boot that day Toshiba M XP SP Antivirus and Firewall installed and up-to-date Thanks

A:black screen crash exactly once a day

Hi Welcome to TSF

First thing.. it happens when you have just restarted the computer because you want it to crash so you can go on for the rest of the day without having the same issue
lets try something
Lets make sure that your windows are not booting with tons of application at the same time
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

After that is done Restart the computer
Wait for all the windows stuff to load and when you are on your desktop wait for another 2 minutes and then open up the browser or video
see if it crashes

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/black-screen-crash-exactly-once-a-day-644990.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi guys I've been using my personally assembled system for years now with some upgrades along the way For the last few months I have been getting these crashes where my screen goes black monitor LED goes orange It is white when it receives signal The computer remains on but unresponsive and I need to reboot Also an additional detail is if I were listening to music at the time of the crash the music does not carry on playing All sounds stop so the entire system crashes rather than the monitor simply losing signal A few times however rather than hang the computer has restarted completely to desktop In the event viewer the crashes usually have a Kernel Windows Kernel event ID error I suspect this is from my hard reboot When do the crashes occur Generally during some sort of intense activity usually gaming In particular I have noticed that the crash also often occurs as I alt-tab out or exit the game I'm pretty sure this is not a software driver issue as I just cleaned installed to Windows and the problem has still persisted Interestingly when stress testing the crash has never occurred during the stress tests No crashes during or after Prime and no crashes during Furmark However after exiting Furmark the crash occurs This crash does not occur immediately but about a minute after I've been able to recreate this a Screen Crash Black few times with the crash occurring only after exiting the program At the moment I'm completely stumped as to what it could be I've run memtest for about minutes with no errors I will run it overnight but RAM does not seem to be the problem The crashes exclusively occur after some sort of intensive application games or stress test And often immediately after exiting or alt-tabbing out of the application at that With the crash after Furmark I'm thinking it may be the GPU Or could this be a symptom of PSU failure I checked my v rail voltage in the BIOS and it seems to be fine Any insight would be much appreciated PC Specs i k GTX GB RAM Corsair XMS GB SSD Samsung EVO TB HDD Samsung F Motherboard MSI P A-G PSU Watt Antec High Current Gamer OS Windows P S Regarding the Sysnative app my documents folder is not on my OS C drive and so the app is failing to run properly I get the following Copy and paste the following information to the forum where you are receiving assistance Microsoft Windows Version HomeDrive C HomePath Users xxxx Userprofile C Users xxxx Please find Perfmon attached though

No significant info in the BSOD.zip report.We'll need this info in order to proceed:Upload Dump Files:NOTE:  If using a disk cleaning utility, please stop using it while we are troubleshooting your issues.Please go to C:\Windows\Minidump and zip up the contents of the folder.  Then upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.Left click on the first minidump file.Hold down the "Shift" key and left click on the last minidump file.Right click on the blue highlighted area and select "Send to"Select "Compressed (zipped) folder" and note where the folder is saved.Upload that .zip file with your next post.If you have issues with "Access Denied" errors, try copying the files to your desktop and zipping them up from there.  If it still won't let you zip them up, post back for further advice.If you don't have anything in that folder, please check in C:\Windows for a file named MEMORY.DMP.  If you find it, zip it up and upload it to a free file hosting service.  Then post the link to it in your topic so that we can download it. Also, search your entire hard drive for files ending in .dmp, .mdmp, and .hdmp.  Zip up any that you find and upload them with your next post.Then, follow the directions here to set your system for Minidumps (much smaller than the MEMORY.DMP file):  http://www.carrona.org/setmini.htmlMore info on dump file options here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/254649MSINFO32:Please go to Start and type in "msinfo32.exe" (without the quotes) and press EnterSave the report as an .nfo file, then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.Also, save a copy as a .txt file and include it also (it's much more difficult to read, but we have greater success in getting the info from it).If you're having difficulties with the format, please open an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt and type (or copy/paste) "msinfo32 /nfo %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\TEST.NFO" (without the quotes) and press Enter.  Then navigate to Desktop to retrieve the TEST.NFO file.  If you have difficulties with making this work, please post back.  Then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.systeminfo:Please open an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt and type (or copy/paste) "systeminfo.exe >%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.txt" (without the quotes) and press Enter.  Then navigate to Desktop to retrieve the syteminfo.txt file.  If you have difficulties with making this work, please post back.  Then zip up the .txt file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586744/black-screen-crash/
Relevancy 76.54%

For a while now I have had random black screen crashes I cannot quite remember but I believe they started after I changed a bunch of drivers around for some reason It was crashing quite often mostly in source games like Left Dead I decided I would reformat After the reformat I installed Black Screen Crash all my stuff again with the laters drivers and software I threw on an external hard-drive It hadn't crashed in a non-source game for two weeks but It would crash every Black Screen Crash time I tried to play Left for Dead normally after and hour and a half or so I thought it might be the local content since i transferred it from the first windows into the external hardrive and onto the new windows installation to save bandwidth I deleted the local content incase it was corrupt or something I redownloaded it and Black Screen Crash just played a hour game without crashing but I just crashed while playing oblivion within an hour This is of course unnerving I thought I had narrowed it down to an issue with the source engine and for the first time in a few weeks it crashed on a normal game I am running a GT XXX with gigs of ram and an Athlon X at ghz My PSU is W with all extra connectors plugged into the video card pin one It is not a temperature issue I have logged a maximum of degrees playing these games CPU max If it helps when it crashes there is a greenish line for half a second and then it is gone The monitor goes into standby and the sound loops I am using onboard Realtek HD Audio Which led me to believe it was the culprit but I have never had any problems with it before and when I reformatted I used the drivers off the disc for it It has never crashed in an application or idle only in games and even non-intensive games Which do however have sound Thanks in advance for reading the lengthy post if you have any suggestions they are of course welcome and if can do anything on my part Like a Dxdiag file or a Hijackthis log I would be more than happy to provide Thanks Again

Check Device Manager. Click "show hidden devices" and report any flagged devices.

Check Event Viewer. Look for chronic, significant and/or errors that occur at the same time of the crash.

Post full system specs on motherboard, video card, PSU and memory.

Burn a bootable CD with memtest and verify the memory is good.

Are you running overclocked ? If so, back down to factory specs and see if the problem continues.

Have you run chkdsk recently ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-crash-346367.html
Relevancy 76.54%

hey guys i've been facing this strange crashing problem ever since i upgraded to windows clean install btw randomly whenever i view photos in windows live photo gallery or view videos in media crash Black screen player classic home cinema x my screen goes black and all Black screen crash fans in my system hit full speed and if any audio was being played before the crash Black screen crash it continues to play for a few seconds and then loops i've had such crashes whenever either or both of these programs were in use i'm unable to reproduce this problem successfully it happens completely randomly i've run multiple passes of dmark vantage OCCT hours each with the small data set amp crysis benchmarks to verify system stability and surprisingly i haven't had a single crash while running them what's going on i'm completely stumped i've attached the dump files generated by the two most recent crashes i had not encountered a single crash of this type while on windows vista video card drivers are the latest - catalyst motherboard drivers are the latest as per the asus drivers page amp intel inf files have also been updated to the latest one from the software sub-forum using win codecs btw if it makes any difference file wer quot Description A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly Problem signature Problem Event Name LiveKernelEvent OS Version Locale ID Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml WERInternalMetadata xml Extra information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA C E BCP FFFFF A EF BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product quot file wer e quot Description A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly Problem signature Problem Event Name LiveKernelEvent OS Version Locale ID Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml WERInternalMetadata xml BCCode BCP FFFFFA D E BCP FFFFF B BEF BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product quot

A:Black screen crash

any errors in "event viewer" or "performance information and tools\advanced tools" ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/51508-black-screen-crash.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi
I have recently upgraded to windows 7 on my netbook and since this I have been having problem with it randomly crashing the screen goes black and I can't do anything with it. Sometimes it restarts on its own and gives me an option to check out solutions but to no avail, I have also noticed that when windows is starting up, intially I have a black screen which eventually does rectify itself to the desktop... but its not right. Any ideas how I can put this right? I have minidump details if you need it...

Quote: Originally Posted by asinara88

Hi
I have recently upgraded to windows 7 on my netbook and since this I have been having problem with it randomly crashing the screen goes black and I can't do anything with it. Sometimes it restarts on its own and gives me an option to check out solutions but to no avail, I have also noticed that when windows is starting up, intially I have a black screen which eventually does rectify itself to the desktop... but its not right. Any ideas how I can put this right? I have minidump details if you need it...

Could you zip the minidump and upload it for debugging?

You might also want to upgrade your video driver

And run a system file check to verify and repair

to run type cmd in search>rightclick and run as admin>SFC /SCANNOW

let us know the results

Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/36936-black-screen-crash.html
Relevancy 76.54%

recently I've been having problems with my laptop when I'm watching movies on hulu and sometimes when I'm playing games. basically the screen goes completely black. everything else is working because I can do quicksaves or I can shut down firefox with alt+f4 but nothing brings back my video until I restart.

I'm not sure if its flash 9 causing this or something else but I've had my laptop for over a year now and it started happening about a month ago.

specs are:
dell e1505
intel 945gm graphics
windows xp pro x64

any suggestions would be appreciated

A:black screen crash

Try re-installing your display drivers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-crash.738083/
Relevancy 76.54%

I have posted this on numerous tech sites and no one has been able to help including the thousands of BF2 Crash! Black Screen google searches i have done Hopefully this time i will get lucky BF2 Black Screen Crash! I just reinstalled Battlefield after many months with it not installed Installation goes fine downloaded the full patch and the latest drivers for my video card No problem yet go to run it i get the BF Logo splash screen goes black flickers and then crashes back to desktop I can hear the disc in my drive speed up during this process then slow down when it goes to the desktop Does anyone know why this is happening I have a Nvida gt and an AMD Athlon processor with XP SP Through numerous google searches i saw making sure your monitor refresh rate and resolution matched with the game would make it work I m not sure if this is the problem though I have a dual monitor setup quot and a quot wide hz refresh rate and x on each just in case if you need any more information feel free to ask im not very computer literate so you might have to spell out what you want Any help is greatly appreciated Jack nbsp

A:BF2 Black Screen Crash!

1) does it crash when you disable the second monitor?

2) Have you blown the dust out of your case? Heat can cause issues such as this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bf2-black-screen-crash.773034/
Relevancy 76.54%

I'm running Win and have Malwarebytes Pro scanning constantly Was on the net running firefox yesterday didn't download or click any thing when screen split in two with the right side on the left and the left side on the right Crazy I know Anyway couldn't shut down normally so I forced it It came back up but then did it again The third time I could hear the mechanics going but the screen remained black After Screen Crash Black Don't even think I have a curser After several reboot tries I was holding down the alt key after pressing start button and the quot reboot normally start up repair quot came up but when command given it went back to black screen Now it just does the following press button in back can hear mechanical noise as if coming on backlit Black Screen After Crash keyboard comes on and the screen is white backlit keyboard goes dark and and the white screen goes dark backlit screen comes back on nothing after that This has to be one for the books Please help is you can

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/401562-black-screen-after-crash.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi all,
Im new to these forums and my friend pointed them out to me.
Im rather desperate at this point since i can not figure out what is wrong with my computer.
When im playing Company of Heroes, Napoleon Total War, or Empire Total War, (these are the games ive tried) the screen will go black and the computer will crash after 5-15 mins of play. I spent 6 hours on remote terminal with microsoft while they fixed windows 7 problems and after that it still isnt working. My drivers were updated during that time period.
Im really out of options as i do have the hardware to run these games, they actually worked for a long time and now they have just randomly decided not to.
I would prefer not to completely wipe the hardrive (I already re-upgraded to W7 ultimate to fix the windows problems).
Any or all advice would help.

A:Black screen Crash

We could do with some more information about your system really.

What is the exact make and model of the PC, assuming its a 'big brand' pre-built like HP, Dell, Acer etc?
Have you changed / upgraded any hardware in it since you got it?

A DxDiag report would also probably be useful. Click Start and type "dxdiag" (without the quotes) in the run box then hit enter. When the dxdiag window opens click the 'Save All Information' button on the bottom right of the window, save the .txt file to your desktop so you know where it is. Then copy and paste the entire contents of that text file into a reply here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-crash.1025892/
Relevancy 76.54%

Over the past months or so the computer will black screen for about second them crash It will some times stutter before crashing but some times it just goes straight to the black screen It happens under a large variety of situations anything from surfing the internet playing video games and just while it is sitting inactive I have checked for dust it is clean Kapersky and SB Search amp Destroy both came up clean I ran a memory tester recommended by Valve and it tested with out any errors It is a relatively new computer A last note It may be unrelated but iTunes and Steam both have become sluggish and go unresponsive much to often System info OS Name Microsoft Windows Home Premium Version Service Pack Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name OWNER-PC System Manufacturer HP-Pavilion System Model VT AA-ABA HPE- y System Type x -based PC Processor AMD Crash Black Screen Phenom tm II X Processor Mhz Core s Logical Black Screen Crash Processor s BIOS Version Date American Megatrends Inc SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name Owner-PC Owner Time Zone Alaskan Daylight Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-crash.995411/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi,

My computer started giving me trouble with a blue screen and a long message on it and then shutting down. I don't remember what the message said. But at this point, when I turn my computer on, I get a black screen with the following message:

"Windows could not start because of an error in the software. Please report this problem as : load needed DLLs for HAL.
Please contact your support person to report this problem."

It is an E Machine T4165 and came with Windows XP Home already on it.

My questions are:

1. How do I get it running again? I have a restore CD that came with it. Will that do it?

2. If I use the restore CD, will I lose all files I have on the computer? Is there any way to save or recover them?

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-crash.485151/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi I m new here and I really hate joining just because I have a problem but I figured I d ask people who knew more about screen crash Black computers than I do I have a basic knowledge and can usually troubleshoot my way through issues but I Black screen crash m stumped on this one I m experiencing black screen crashes Here are some pics of them PIC and PIC close-up As you can see there appears to be scrambled text I cannot alt-ctrl-delete my way out of here all I can do is hit the reset button I just built the computer and am running XP SP I get these crashes randomly It happens about twice a day while while light multi-tasking to even just viewing one IE window I ve run virus and adware checks with nothing out of the ordinary I ve installed the proper drivers for the mother board using the install cd I did notice that my hard drive is a tad bit noisy It clicks upon every action on the mouse and keyboard This may or may not be directly related but I thought I would point that out It s not super loud but noticeable Any help with this would really be appreciated Thanks and please let me know if more system info is needed Joe nbsp

A:Black screen crash

Hey Joe:
Are you using an intergrated graphics from your motherboard or a installed graphics card? if your using onboard graphics, I would uninstall any or all graphic drivers, confirm the drivers you need first, download them from the
maker of the mobo or graphics card maker, disable your antivirus before you
install any drivers as a rule! Also you maybe experiencing some type of power
corruption, like your hard drive, powersupply, or a weak or poor connection or
a chip set over heating in your VGA, I would power down and check connections from your powersupply and re-seat any installed cards attached
to your motherboard, feel free to send me a message and I will try to help you
any way I can! Rickman45

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-crash.74258/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello everyone I have been experiencing random crashes on my newly built pc and so far every atempt I've made at trying to find a crash and Black screen Random solution Random Black screen and crash have failed At first it seems to be quite random but some program seem to make it crash every time I use them The symptoms are as follows -black screen though sometimes it shows colored stripes instead of total black -hdd still active for - seconds then no activity light whatsoever -sound loops -even num lock is unresponsive -a signal is still sent through the graphics card as the TV does not show the usual quot No input signal quot when there's well no input -no reboot I have to manually reset the PC -no dump files My setup is -MSI P A-C B -i k not overclocked - x Gb G Skill Ripjaws X cl not overclocked with and without XMP profile activated but I had to set the right timings in bios as it showed instead of -Sapphire HD not overclocked -Antec HCG W -WD Caviar Blue TB -image is sent to a LG LH LCD TV via HDMI I've tried everything from reinstalling graphics drivers old new preview to reinstalling windows I'm on the bits version It does not seem to be a hardware failure since every test or burn I make is succesful and does not cause any problem Graphics card does not go over C with Furmark and handles every game perfectly CPU does not go over C under Primer MEMTEST did not show any error during the passes it did and I also tried switching the slots in which they were installed I did a speedfan log along with a Furmark log until it crashed and they show correct readings PSU delivers good voltage on the V V in BIOS Heck I even tried on a different wall plug in case the one I was using was faulty Nothing seems to correct my problem One thing I noticed I tried launching Bioshock Steam version It runs perfectly when I play immediatly but whenever I try updating it via Game for Windows Live it crashes anytime between login and installing the update But this crash is not game related it did have the same crash a few times while on the desktop doing nothing special The first time this black screen appeared was when I switched from Basic Windows Theme to Aero after first OS installation It also happens during loading screens or menu in some games Shogun BC but never happens while gaming Anyone knows what could be the cause of this It is very annoying frustrating AND worrysome because I don't know if it is a hardware problem or a software one A few questions -could this be caused by the TV Or the cheap HDMI cables I am using I've been using this on my laptop previously and never had any problems -Bad OS installation Even though I installed it twice already Maybe the DVD is damaged i burnt it a while ago but the OS still installed even though it had errors - bits version -Graphics card failure -software driver conflict -anything else Thanks for having read all this and thanks in advance for helping me I really don't know what to do

A:Random Black screen and crash

Here is the zip archive containing the files from SF Diagnostic Tool. Sorry, some of it is in French (my computer language) but ask me for any translation if necessary. Thank you!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/156976-random-black-screen-crash.html
Relevancy 75.68%

When i launch bf the splash screen launches then i get a black screen then the game crashes to desktop things i have tried -Reinstalling the game -updating sound and video driver -updating windows its all updated -Try running a game with Exe fix to make sure it was not a dvd drive issue -Running it under Window XP sp mode and under administration right I can run Crysis and Call of Duty just without screen 2 crash. black Battlefield any problems System Battlefield 2 black screen crash. Spec -AMD Athlon X - gig corsair XMS ram -Bernstein channel HD audio -EVGA geforce gt video card factory overclocked to mhz -DFI Lan Party fx-M Battlefield 2 black screen crash. R motherboard - watt sli certified ANtec Powersupply -Window Vista basic home edition bit OS ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ok I solved the problem If anyone else who is having this problem here is what I did Went to Document gt BAttlefield gt Profile -Open up the Audio con File - under AudioSettings setProvider quot software quot Change quot software quot to quot Hardware quot -IT should look like this with change ------ gt AudioSettings setProvider quot hardware quot So here is how my audio con file looks like now AudioSettings setVoipEnabled AudioSettings setVoipPlaybackVolume AudioSettings setVoipCaptureVolume AudioSettings setVoipCaptureThreshold AudioSettings setVoipBoostEnabled AudioSettings setVoipUsePushToTalk AudioSettings setProvider quot hardware quot AudioSettings setSoundQuality quot High quot AudioSettings setEffectsVolume AudioSettings setMusicVolume AudioSettings setHelpVoiceVolume AudioSettings setEnglishOnlyVoices AudioSettings setEnableEAX nbsp

Relevancy 75.68%

I finally got my old desktop out of the closet and got it working again yesterday I broke it today I was messing around with it trying screen Crash, black pure XP to free up some space and I was deleting an extracted ISO file for Windows that I was using for class making virtual machines and whatnot and after I had sent everything to the recycling bin and permanently deleted them XP the OS I have running on XP Crash, pure black screen the puter started sending me message after message of something along the lines of quot What you did was stupid now I will not work correctly quot So I try to get to the system restore as quickly as possible but of course it crashes before I get there So I try to start it back up in safe mode seeing if I could reach it from there and all I get is a screen with safe mode written on the corners and my cursor drifting in a field of black I also tried safe mode with command prompt to try to get the system restore from there but no luck I don t XP Crash, pure black screen have any of the installation CD s as I haven t used this computer in years so I didn t really keep track of them If anyone has any idea for what I should do I d appreciate some help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-crash-pure-black-screen.924802/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi I really hope someone out there can help me with this issue that i am having No screen crash, Signal Black with my computer whilst i am playing world of warcraft I seem to be getting a black screen after a random period of time and then the no signal sign pops up the problem seems to intermittent for the most part but recent seems to be crashing after minutes i have read the forums and tried out the suggested methods on them ie update drivers uninstall reinstall graphic card but the problem still persists i have downloaded speedfan to monitor gpu temperatures but that is not presenting me with enough proof that the card is at fault at least not enough to justify the expense of a new card operating system Windows home premium -bit system manufacturer packard bell system model ixtreme m processor intel core quad cpu q GHz memory mb ram running direct x video card No Signal crash, Black screen Nvdia geforce gt let me just say that No Signal crash, Black screen i am hopeless with technical terminology and finding my way around a pc so please help me with my problem but also keep it simple hopefully this issue can be resolved with me spending a fortune on a new graphics card etc

A:No Signal crash, Black screen

A way to test the graphic card is to use the GPU test in OCCT
OCCT (OverClock Checking Tool) 3.0.0 download from Guru3D.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/154724-no-signal-crash-black-screen.html
Relevancy 75.68%

hello
sometimes my windows stuck and only hard reset help.
i saw in windows history crushed logs that "Service_KMS.exe" stop working
what i need to do?
(win 7)

A:PC crash to black screen and stuck

More info:

Every day in mid-action screen goes completely black and only hard reset releases the computer (pc stuck).

Another problem might be related to:
Last week, every time I went into a direct download of a file download from the Internet is not downloading, is showing the sign of the loading and load a long time and end up without downloading anything.
files like bluescreenview.exe in this forum download center or something like that...

(This is true for all browsers, IE, Firefox, and Chrome - and checked properly downloaded from the download link on another computer and its working good).

what did I do:
I was looking for viruses using NOD32 - not found
I was looking for spyware using malwarbytes anti-malware home - not found
I updated drivers and audio screen.

I entered history Crashes windows and saw I got the black screens read:
service_KMS.exe stopped working.

Another problem that calls me that perhaps related to: Sometimes I get "Explore windows has stopped working".

my computer is new.

Thank you friends a good week.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/383977-pc-crash-black-screen-stuck.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Spent the last days loading Win Help Black Blue Screen & Crash on a PC I rebuilt What a pain in the rear Anyway got it loaded and files restored but there appears Black & Blue Screen Crash Help to be a problem Hopefully I am not an isolated case Black & Blue Screen Crash Help My puter will all the sudden either go to a BLUE or BLACK screen with no ERROR MESSAGE and just freezes Only pattern I notice sometimes when I start a program or let the system sit idle and it goes into auto screen power save It is annoying as heck I have checked the drivers for my video DVD CD printer and HDD through MS WIN feature All up to date Updated Win and checked all the little things I know to do HELP PLEASE THXSKEDIT Ok pattern established If I go to START and either try to use the LOG OFF or SWITCH USER Crash to BLACK and then BLUE Black & Blue Screen Crash Help About to the point of removing WIN and going back to WIN XP PRO Whatever happened to Win NT it was stable and reliable

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/279772/black-blue-screen-crash-help/
Relevancy 75.68%

OS - Windows x What was the original installed OS Screen and Crash, Buzzing Black on sthe ystem Yes Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer Retail Approximate age of system hardware gt month Approximate age of OS installation if you know gt month Have you re-installed the OS No CPU i k Video Card R x Crash, Black Screen and Buzzing MotherBoard if NOT Crash, Black Screen and Buzzing a laptop msi pc mate z Power Supply - brand amp wattage if NOT a laptop corsair cx m I was getting some slight video flickering with white horizontal lines when watching videos with vlc when it crashed the first time Reinstalled AMD drivers which seemed to fix the problem Video flickering went away and I continued to watch videos for the rest of the night without issue Woke up this morning and played Portal for two hours without issue Then watched videos for an hour or Crash, Black Screen and Buzzing so before the second crash Both crashes resulted in a loud buzz most likely the audio looping and a black screen that forced me to restart the computer by holding the power button Any help is appreciated thank you

A:Crash, Black Screen and Buzzing

It would immediately seem like a graphics related issue. Have you tried a separate graphics card or the on-board integrated graphics chip if available on your motherboard?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/crash-black-screen-and-buzzing-953449.html
Relevancy 75.68%

So I have had this problem for the past month or so it started around the time I installed my new graphics card It only happens when I play visually intensive games like Rise of the Tomb Raider Subnautica Just Cause I can however play less intensive games like Undertale Minecraft or Superhot After starting a game a few minutes in it suddenly black screens and crashes Most of the time the windows exclamation sound plays but sometimes the audio will skip loop or just play incoherent noise No messages pop up and even if they did I wouldn't be able to see it My monitor will cycle through the main inputs HDMI DVI and VGA then just go to 'no signal' However the fans and LEDs all stay on and for a couple seconds I can still control what's going on behind the black screen but shortly after it fully crashes and I have to manually restart the computer Here's my system specs CPU Intel Core i - K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core GHz screen/crash Black during games. LGA Black screen/crash during games. GPU MSI GeForce GTX GD T OCMobo MSI Z S SLI Krait Edition LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel MotherboardRAM GB G Skill Ripjaws X series x GB PSU Roswill Hive series W bronzeOS Windows Home Premium bitAt first I thought it was a power supply issue but after installing my current psu nothing changed Then I thought it might be an overheating issue but after monitoring with MSI afterburner HWmonitor and speedfan my cpu stays around - C and my gpu Black screen/crash during games. idles at and is around during games I have tried memtest but there weren't any issues after tests I have updated my drivers deleted them using DDU and reinstalled them but I still haven't been able to fix a single thing I used WhoCrashed and this is what it told me crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmpThis was probably caused by the following module nvlddmkm sys nvlddmkm x A F Bugcheck code x xFFFFFA E xFFFFF BFAF xFFFFFFFFC A x Error VIDEO TDR ERRORfile path C Windows system drivers nvlddmkm sysproduct NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version company NVIDIA Corporationdescription NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version Bug check description This indicates that Black screen/crash during games. an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver nvlddmkm sys NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version NVIDIA Corporation Google query NVIDIA Corporation VIDEO TDR ERRORI have tried everything in my ability which isn't really saying much and have come up with nothing I hope this is the right place to post this I am open to any and all ideas I haven't been able to use my fancy new graphics card and I feel like I wasted dollars Any help would be greatly appreciated Edit Moved topic from Computer Gaming to the more appropriate forum Animal

A:Black screen/crash during games.

Method 1:
I suggest you to follow the below steps.

1. While at the black screen, try using CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to start Task Manager.
2. If it becomes visible, try finding LockAppHost.exe on the Details tab and ending the task.

If this resolves the black screen, use corruption resolution steps (dism, then sfc), and run the all apps PowerShell command.

3. If this does not work, use File, Run new task in Task Manager to start an Administrator CMD window. Use this to create a new administrator user with the following commands (changing “<password>” to something of the customer’s choosing):net user test <password> /add
net localgroup Administrators test /add
4. This will give you a test user to try, which will confirm if the issue is user or system-specific.

Method 2: Temporarily Prevent a Windows or driver update
In Windows 10, your device is always kept up to date with the latest features and fixes. Updates and drivers are installed automatically, with no need to select which updates are needed or not needed. In rare cases, a specific driver or update might temporarily cause issues with your device, and in this case you will need a way to prevent the problematic driver or update from reinstalling automatically the next time Windows Updates are installed.

Please refer to the below article “How to temporarily prevent a Windows or driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10” and follow the steps and check if it helps.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607984/black-screencrash-during-games/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi Someone who solved a similiar prob pls help me I have a big prob with the pc screen goes black and i cant do anything Must use the on off botton to reboot it when this happens the major crash BSOD screen Black prob comes No boot found on BSOD Black screen crash pc pc wont boot then i go to the bios and BSOD Black screen crash the hd is not in there I must play with the pc restarting it and if im lucky the hd ''comes'' back and i can reboot and system starts I can go check the event log to see the errors Several times now happened to that system was slow It freeze and i cant do anything I tho i found a solution i have read some theads with similiar probs I did boot the pc in clean mood and deactive the half of the services I was hoping this would help but not even after hours happened the same thing I have several errors in the log A timeout milliseconds was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the NlaSvc service The Network Location Awareness service failed to start due to the following error The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion The previous system shutdown at on - - was unexpected The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly I dont know if this happens when pc goes sleep or it was on many hours This happens in the screen settings there are no hibernate or sleep all options are on never and no screen saver I tried another hd as bootdevice also coz i tho it was some prob with the hd but was the same prob with the other one also I think this happens when i havent used the pc a long time but then the next question why it doesnt find the boot on startup Im gettin upswet with it Help me guys

A:BSOD Black screen crash

someone out there who could help me?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/193077-bsod-black-screen-crash.html
Relevancy 75.68%

hello
sometimes my windows stuck and only hard reset help.
i saw in windows history crushed logs that "Service_KMS.exe" stop working
what i need to do?
(win 7)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/383977-pc-crash-black-screen-stuck.html
Relevancy 75.68%

So obviously I didn t really solve the problem because the reasons I thought it was happening before are not occurring this time at all Here is the original thread with the quot solution quot http forums techguy org games -solved-games-cause-monitor-go html So now I actually have a fresh install of Windows XP Speedfan says my temps are all around C and after a reboot Supreme Commander crashes my PC around seconds into a Same is black screen crash back... old map Screen goes black fans spin up sound glitches out etc Upon rebooting immediately the temp is still C If my processor or GPU were overheating so much that my PC crashed I d think the temp would stay Same old black screen crash is back... higher longer I ve had my GPU up to C and still was able to play games fine and I don t see my PC going from over C to C from the time it takes me to power off my PC to Windows loading Speedfan So here are some new theories RAM - I ran DXDiag and it said I have MB of RAM but after a clean reboot my page file was in use immediately Maybe I don t know what a page file really is but I thought it took over AFTER the RAM ran out If this is true does it mean my RAM is bad since the page file is being used as soon as Windows starts That would explain crashes pretty well PSU - It s an older PSU years so I guess I could see it going bad but aside from gaming I experience no problems whatsoever I don t really have the money to just go and buy another PSU to see if that was the issue Heat - Even though it sounds ludicrous a part of me is open to the idea of my PC overheating If any experts out there think that this could still be happening despite what I said above please say so I will gladly upload pics of my case so that you can recommend ways to cool it down Drivers - In the post that I linked to above Smiles n Grins suggested downloading older drivers for my card because the newer ones are defective I tried doing this again since it seemed to have worked for a little bit the last time but now I have a fresh XP install but all of the drivers from his link are for quot Quadro quot whatever that is and I can t install them I m not sure how I got it to work last time Thanks in advance you guys have been a lot of help so far with most of my problems nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/same-old-black-screen-crash-is-back.896385/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi guys My first post here not sure if this is the right board but hope someone can help I bought a new PC a week ago and about once a day it completely locks up The screen goes into power save mode sound goes off and the keyboard is non responsive caps lock light not changing etc I have to press the power button Non Crash Screen Black Responsive to turn it off and back on again The event log lists event ID but I think thats from me turning the computer off and on again rather than the freeze Basically I have no idea what the issue is if its hardware or software It happens seemingly randomly sometimes ill just be on the internet othertimes when I plug in my iPhone or playing a game I hope someone has some ideas of things to try or how to diagnose the issue Specs Windows bit Intel Core Quad Q ghz GB RAM nVidia GB Graphics Card TB HDD Things I have tried Updated all drivers Plugged computer directly into wall socket rather than multiplug Disabled power saving Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated I could probably take it back but if it can be solved that Black Screen Non Responsive Crash would save me considerable hassle Thanks

A:Black Screen Non Responsive Crash

Quote: Originally Posted by Crimsonmajor

Hi guys,

My first post here, not sure if this is the right board, but hope someone can help!

I bought a new PC a week ago, and about once a day, it completely locks up. The screen goes into power save mode, sound goes off and the keyboard is non responsive (caps lock light not changing etc).

I have to press the power button to turn it off and back on again. The event log lists event ID 41, but I think thats from me turning the computer off and on again, rather than the freeze.

Basically I have no idea what the issue is, if its hardware or software. It happens seemingly randomly, sometimes ill just be on the internet, othertimes when I plug in my iPhone, or playing a game. I hope someone has some ideas of things to try or how to diagnose the issue.

Specs:
Windows 7 64 bit
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 @ 2.50ghz
4GB RAM
nVidia 1GB Graphics Card
1TB HDD

Things I have tried:
Updated all drivers
Plugged computer directly into wall socket rather than multiplug
Disabled power saving

Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated! I could probably take it back, but if it can be solved that would save me considerable hassle!

Thanks!

Crimsonmajor,

My recommendation to you as the owner of a week old laptop experiencing a myriad of problems, would be to seek advice under the warranty conditions that apply. The sooner the better.

Jan.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/105449-black-screen-non-responsive-crash.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi I was using laptop yesterday when it just crashed. Now the screen is black I cant shut it down properly so power light is blinking. When I turn it on I see the arrow but can't do anything. I have it less than a year.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/computer-crash-and-black-screen/td-p/5645188
Relevancy 75.68%

For avery long time now certain games cause my pc to crash to a black screen the sounds keeps playing and i can still use headsets if i was using it at that point but i have to force a reset everytime. Its alway the same games but im finding more and more at the moment some crash within a few mins others i can play for awhile. Some games have been fine then for no reason started to cause it then stoped i can run fallout 4 on max settings for hours but i cant play tourchlight 2 on lowest for more then 3mins. iv ran out of ideas. Its not overheating iv run furmark , prime95, played the games that cause it while keeping an eye on speedfan, reinstalling drivers and playing the games in every resolution in windowed and full screen. this is my next thing to see if i can get it sorted.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/389061-black-screen-crash-certain-games.html
Relevancy 75.68%

greetings over the last 2 days I have crashed to black screen 3 or 4 times. no blue. almost seems like it tries to reboot but it doesnt. how can i figure out whats up. I suspect video drivers but I have updated them due to this machine only being 2 days old.

A:Crash to black screen during gaming.

Quote: Originally Posted by dwrhoades1

greetings over the last 2 days I have crashed to black screen 3 or 4 times. no blue. almost seems like it tries to reboot but it doesnt. how can i figure out whats up. I suspect video drivers but I have updated them due to this machine only being 2 days old.

what does it say in event viewer? Type eventvwr in search. go to the windows log>application tab first.

Look for critical errors (they have red i the left column) that say app hang, app crash, or anything that describes the problem.

When you fond them note the Event ID and source codes and tell us what they are.
Let us know if you need help

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/87287-crash-black-screen-during-gaming.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hey there guys I seem to have a serious problem which I can't exactly wrap my brain around My specs are Windows Ultimate bit AMD Phenom II x BE Asus M A D AMD Socket AM PCI-Express DDR Motherboard ATI Radeon OCZ DDR mhz GB x GB w Thermaltake Modular power supply Errors Windows black crash. screen 7 Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger Windows 7 black screen crash. Date Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords User LOCAL SERVICE Computer Jay-PC Description A fatal hardware error has occurred Component AMD Northbridge Error Source Machine Check Exception Error Type HyperTransport Watchdog Timeout Error Processor ID The details view of this entry contains further information Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt Windows 7 black screen crash. lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger quot Guid quot C C F C- F - E - F A- CFED quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt Windows 7 black screen crash. lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation ActivityID quot C- D - ED- F - FC B FB quot gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Jay-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot ErrorSource quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot ApicId quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot MCABank quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot MciStat quot gt xfa f f lt Data gt lt Data Name quot MciAddr quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot MciMisc quot gt xc a fff lt Data gt lt Data Name quot ErrorType quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot Length quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot RawData quot gt FFFFFFFF A E A BDC CF B EB C F CB FE FF E C C CBA ABE BB DEF F CA C ADCC B DB BB E F C F DB B A EDC A B B FA B E D D E AF C E CC F E F F F FFFB B B F F CB C A AA EEF FFA C E C E CABF AF F CA F F FA FF F AC lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting Date Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer Jay-PC Description The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x x xfffffa d e f x x A dump was saved in C Windows Minidump - - dmp Report Id - - Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting quot Guid quot ABCE E -DE - - - FA C quot EventSourceName quot BugCheck quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Jay-PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt x x xfffffa d e f x x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt C Windows Minidump - - dmp lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt - - lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Log Name Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing Admin Source Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing Date Event ID Task Category Session Level Error Keywords Session User SYSTEM Computer Jay-PC Description Session quot Microsoft-Windows-Setup quot stopped due to the following error xC D Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing quot Guid quot B EC -BDB - -BC -F FDC D CA quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt Time... Read more

A:Windows 7 black screen crash.

Sorry for the double post but here is my minidump also. RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/84946-windows-7-black-screen-crash.html
Relevancy 75.68%

My pc system was working fine for the last two years. I have a 8800 gts graphics card. 3.0 cpu, soundblaster extreme, and 3 memory. I was playing Bio Shock 2 and my game kept freezing....needing a reboot. Eventually it crashed to a black screen. No sound, nothing. Now all my games crash to black screen. Hard drive makes a intermittant clicking noise after the crash while frozen. Computer does NOT crash when surfing internet and other functions. Hard drive going bad? Computer has same power supply and in same area (regarding cooling).

Relevancy 75.68%

Hei everyone i have found another solution to the bf2 black screen crash to desktop problem. I installed the game and updated the game to v1.5. After that i launched the 1.41 patch. And voila everything works great and it still got the v1.5 after that you run 1.41. if you get a message that a newer version is installed when you are running the bf2 patch 1.5 go to regedit and search for battlefield. there you vil see some strings like locale,languade,installdir etc. add a new string callled version and enter 1.41 in the string and i will work.

hope this helps.

This was tested with win 7 x64

please reply if this helps you guys, and if it dont work, reply that to and i will se what i can do too help you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bf2-black-screen-crash-to-desktop-fix.923391/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi

Since Updating to Win 10 I have been crashing either while browsong or gaming almos daily basis. Other strange behaviour is CPU load goes to 100% when i Alt tab out of game to home screen from steam.
Also the video driver has stopped working for a bit, screen goes balck, then recovers. here is my PC

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/lssuhugaHxI7oe0Y6WzwLN1

Any help would be appreciated

thx!!

A:Random Crash - Black screen

by the way here is minitoolbox info. please help had another big crash where I had to turn off for 15 secs power supply to get pc to turn on again.

MiniToolBox by Farbar  Version: 25-07-2015 01
Ran by rob (administrator) on 20-08-2015 at 21:46:56
Running from "C:\Users\rob\Downloads"
Microsoft Windows 10 Home  (X64)
Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M. Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
Boot Mode: Normal

========================= Event log errors: ===============================

Application errors:
==================
Error: (08/20/2015 07:05:47 PM) (Source: Application Error) (User: )
Description: Faulting application name: mbam.exe, version: 2.3.55.0, time stamp: 0x557a2a02
Faulting module name: mbam.exe, version: 2.3.55.0, time stamp: 0x557a2a02
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x001de682
Faulting process id: 0x16dc
Faulting application start time: 0xmbam.exe0
Faulting application path: mbam.exe1
Faulting module path: mbam.exe2
Report Id: mbam.exe3
Faulting package full name: mbam.exe4
Faulting package-relative application ID: mbam.exe5

Error: (08/20/2015 07:04:28 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-Immersive-Shell) (User: rob-PC)
Description: Activation of app Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy!CortanaUI failed with error: -2144927141 See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.

Error: (08/20/2015 04:32:25 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-Immersive-Shell) (User: rob-PC)
Description: Activation of app Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy!CortanaUI failed with error: -2144927141 See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.

Error: (08/20/2015 10:28:56 AM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-Immersive-Shell) (User: rob-PC)

Error: (08/20/2015 12:54:51 AM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-Immersive-Shell) (User: rob-PC)

Error: (08/19/2015 06:03:38 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-Immersive-Shell) (User: rob-PC)

Error: (08/19/2015 01:19:51 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-Immersive-Shell) (User: rob-PC)

Error: (08/18/2015 11:08:03 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-Immersive-Shell) (User: rob-PC)

Error: (08/18/2015 07:56:00 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-Immersive-Shell) (User: rob-PC)

Error: (08/18/2015 07:00:51 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-Immersive-Shell) (User: rob-PC)

System errors:
=============
Error: (08/20/2015 09:45:20 PM) (Source: Schannel) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: A fatal alert was received from the remote endpoint. The TLS protocol defined fatal alert code is 20.

Error: (08/20/2015 09... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/587257/random-crash-black-screen/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi guys My Screen Black Crash Responsive Non first post here hope someone can help I bought a new PC a week ago and about once a day it completely locks up The screen goes into power save Black Screen Non Responsive Crash mode sound goes off and the keyboard is non responsive caps lock light not changing etc I have to press the power button to turn it off and back on again The event log lists event ID but I think thats from me turning the computer off and on again rather than the freeze Basically I have no idea Black Screen Non Responsive Crash what the issue is if its hardware or software It happens seemingly randomly sometimes ill just be on the internet othertimes when I plug in my iPhone or playing a game I hope someone has some ideas of things to try or how to diagnose the issue Specs Windows bit Intel Core Quad Q ghz GB RAM nVidia GB Graphics Card TB HDD Things I have tried Updated all drivers Plugged computer directly into wall socket rather than multiplug Disabled power saving Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated I could probably take it back but if it can be solved that would save me considerable hassle Thanks

A:Black Screen Non Responsive Crash

Hi and welcome to TSF this is the best info I can find from ms http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/black-screen-non-responsive-crash-507452.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hey everyone I recently built my first custom PC Here is a link to the build on PCPartPicker AMD FX- Sapphire Radeon R Corsair R - Ordered build updated - ajthemacboy amp s Saved Part List - PCPartPicker Since then I have had random black screen issues At one point I reinstalled the OS and they still occur You may notice the R needs a W power supply at the least At first look you would think this is the problem but it's not Before the R I had an EVGA Ti which only uses like watts of power or something as well as a CM W power supply and the black screen issues still occurred First have Screen/Crash Random a Black - I minidump! I returned the power supply for a CS M black Random Black Screen/Crash - I have a minidump! screen still occurred Then I returned the Ti for an r and the issue still occurs If it's not the graphics card power supply or OS what should I do The dump file is attached It blames NTOSKRNL EXE but I have no clue what this is or how to fix it Thanks in advance for your help

A:Random Black Screen/Crash - I have a minidump!

Update: Please delete or ignore this post. The update post is now at:
Random Black Screen/Crash - I have a minidump + SF.zip!

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/53931-random-black-screen-crash-i-have-minidump.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello TechSupport people I come to you with an issue that I cannot find ANY information on across the internet Things to know -I am using an Acer Aspire M - GB storage space - GB RAM -I use an NVIDIA GeForce GT graphics card -Both disc drives are nearly full -I have recently installed two video editing programmes day trials -For about half a year my computer has had minor glitches when playing Youtube videos Black on Startup Random Crash after Screen or music So I was on the surfing the internet and my monitor suddenly goes completely black The fan was still going and the lights were still on but I Black Screen on Startup after Random Crash couldn't interract with the computer because I had no display whatsoever About an hour beforehand I had been converting some HD video files which was probably using up a lot of memory and I had been Skyping too The computer had been running a lot more slowly over the past couple of days but had shown no signs of being about to break So I turned the computer off and then tried to reboot it The Acer logo appeared but after that nothing else happened not even the 'start Windows normally' screen The mouse still lit up and the computer seemed to be alive but it downright refused to display anything at all When I briefly tilted it however the display popped up for another millisecond I tried rebooting this morning at which point the 'Acer' screen briefly flashed up I managed to start it up in 'safe mode' and the core features of the computer appear to be working However when I tried to access the internet the error ' x ' appeared This may be completely irrelevant but every piece of information helps So we can basically rule out that the monitor is playing up which makes me wonder how far inside the computer the problem is hidden What do you think could be causing this issue Any advice whatsoever would be greatly appreciated

A:Black Screen on Startup after Random Crash

Could be corrupted memory or a BIOS hardware/software connection issue.
Shut down and turn off the computer.
Unplug the computer from the wall or surge protector.
"Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station, disconnect cables to printers or devices such as external monitors, USB memory sticks or SD cards, headset or external speakers, mouse or auxiliary keyboard, turn off WIFI and Bluetooth wireless devices." ( Use Hard Reset to Resolve Hardware and Software Issues HP Pavilion dv5000 Notebook PC series - HP Customer Care (United States - English)).
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds. This closes the circuit and ensures all power from components is drained to clear the software connections between the BIOS and hardware and clear any corruption in the temporary memory.
Plug the computer back into the wall. Do not reconnect any unnecessary peripherals; monitor, keyboard, and mouse should suffice and be the only peripherals reconnected.
Turn it on to reinitialize the software connections between the BIOS and hardware.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/black-screen-on-startup-after-random-crash-674259.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi,

My laptop crashs quite regular, black screens and restarts randomly. I used to think it was heat related but the laptop doesn't really get hot. Idles at 38c.

There are no crash dump files at all, i've configured windows to not restart in the event of a crash and to generate a crash dump file. I've also installed a fresh install of windows 7 with only the manufactors drivers and windows updates.

I'm going to upload my system information with the hope that someone can shed some light on this.

System Spec:

Compal Cantiga
Windows 7 64 bit
Intel(R)Core 2 Duo CPU P8700 @ 2.53GHz
Motherboard KHLB2
4GB Ram
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650
Realtek HD Audio % ATI HDMI Audio
Built in Monitor (Genric display)
Hitachi HTS723225L9A360 ATA Device

Relevancy 74.82%

So I just upgraded from a GTX TI to a GTX and since upgrading my computer will crash after - minutes of playing any game The screen will go black and ill be able to hear some audio for a gaming black screen Random then and crash. while short period of time before it turns into a loud buzzing sound and then the computer resets As soon as I log back in it gives me the quot Windows Has Recovered From An Unexpected Shutdown quot dialog I tried several different fixes I reinstalled all my drivers doing a clean install I've made sure they are the most recent version I've replaced and tested the RAM went and bought new RAM and tried playing with it still crashes I've taken the out and put the TI back in and tried to play Random black screen while gaming and then crash. the same games no crashes whatsoever on the TI As soon as I put the back in crashes resume I've tried a non-destructive reinstall of Windows And after a month of trying everything I can possibly find on it I RMAed Random black screen while gaming and then crash. the card assuming it was a bad card I finally got the replacement card from NewEgg just last week and the first game I tried to play it did the same Random black screen while gaming and then crash. exact crash I figured it had to be some kind of driver issue that somehow some old driver or something was still hiding somewhere on my install so I did a completely fresh install formatted the drive and tried again Borderlands went for minutes before I decided to quit playing and Call of Duty Ghosts went for minutes before crashing with the black screen and then resetting Here is the report that it gave me for the most recent crash Code BCCode BCP FFFFFA D E BCP FFFFF BCP FFFFFFFFC A BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Blue Screen Viewer gave me this Code Dump File - - dmp Crash Time AM Bug Check String Bug Check Code x Parameter fffffa d e Parameter fffff Parameter ffffffff c a Parameter Caused By Driver dxgkrnl sys Caused By Address dxgkrnl sys d File Description DirectX Graphics Kernel Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe bc Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File Time AM I attached the dump file in the zip below I've looked around and done a bit of research and another possibility I've heard of is that it could be a bad PSU I don't think it's that the PSU doesn't have enough power I've checked several PSU calculator sites to make sure and all of them say I could even make it by with a W Here are the computer specs if they help at all Code CPU AMD Phenom II x T GHz RAM GB DDR GB of G Skill GB of Ballistix HDD Western Digital TB quot GPU PNY GTX Motherboard Asus M A R PSU W DiabloTek Cooler Corsair H Any ideas on what it could be Did I just end up with another bad card Should I replace the PSU I honestly have no idea what else to do at this point

A:Random black screen while gaming and then crash.

That PSU outright scares the hell out of me. Apart from that...

PNY GTX 980 - Requirements: Minimum 500W or greater system power supply (with a minimum 12V current rating 42A).
Diablotek PSDA600 Output: [email protected]

Dollars to doughnuts, that's the problem. Your 550 Ti only required a [email protected]

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/355503-random-black-screen-while-gaming-then-crash.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I first got SC at release and GAMES PC to Screen freeze/crash Black had issues GAMES freeze/crash PC to Black Screen with the GAMES freeze/crash PC to Black Screen game crashing I followed some forum threads and managed to get it fixed can't remember how Recently I got the Walking Dead game which crashed my computer just a few minutes into the game After a few attempts I turned down the graphics and was able to play the game Since then every time I've tried to play SC it has crashed The screen locks up changes to some funky colors and goes to a black screen Have to force shut down and boot it back up Since then I have updated drivers disassembled my PC and cleaned everything out with compressed air changed power supplies both Antec Ws added a nd hard drive from an older computer formatted everything reinstalled everything updated all drivers again downloaded Live Update from MSI website to update bios had some terrible issues with that which I won't go into for now but according to the updater the BIOS is up to date now I use SlimDrivers to update all my drivers System Specs from MSINFO OS - Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Version Build Model - MS- CPU - AMD Phenom tm II X Processor MHz RAM - GB DDR GPU - GeForce GTX GB Installed Drivers nvd dumx dll nvwgf umx dll nvwgf umx dll nvd dum nvwgf um nvwgf um I'm truly at a loss right now because I've tried everything I know to do Any help is appreciated Thanks

A:GAMES freeze/crash PC to Black Screen

I would suggest some hardware checks.

Warning
Before you proceed with the following, answer these two questions: Are you still under warranty? Does your warranty allow you to open up the machine to check hardware? If you are unsure of the answers to these questions, contact your system manufacturer. WARNING: The steps that follow can void your warranty!!!

If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

Monitor temperatures during the following tests. Use the following programs to monitor the temperatures. Real Temp is a good CPU temperature monitor.
Speccy - System Information - Free Download will monitor all hardware temperatures.
HWiNFO, HWiNFO32 & HWiNFO64 - Hardware Information and Analysis Tools can be inaccurate for CPU temperatures, but is a good program for GPU temperature monitoring.
Use FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net to test the graphics card GPU. Let it run until the GPU temperatures even out or until the GPU temperatures reach a dangerous level (you can find the max temperature for your card on either the nVidia or AMD sites; if you are not sure, ask us). The goal is to get a steady temperature, find out if the GPU is overheating, or to see if there are any artifacts present in the test itself: look for strange pixelated patterns on the screen or colors that do not look like they belong. Then use the |MG| Video Memory Stress Test 1.7.116 Download to test your graphics card memory. Let the memory test run for at least seven passes; the more the better.

Run Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95 to determine any hardware problems. Run all three tests for a few hours each. If you get errors, stop the test and post back here.

Follow the steps for doing CPU stress test using IntelBurnTest

Run the boot version of Memtest86+ paying close attention to Parts 2 and 3 of the tutorial. Also, in case Memtest86+ misses anything and comes up with no errors, run the extended version of the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool for at least five passes. These you may want to run overnight since they take a long time to complete (run them an hour before bed each of the next two nights and check before going to sleep that they are still running).

For Part 3: If You Have Errors: If you swap any memory components, follow these steps for ESD safety:Shut down and turn off your computer.
Unplug all power supplies to the computer (AC Power then battery for laptops, AC power for desktops)
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to close the circuit and ensure all power drains from components.
Make sure you are grounded by using proper grounding techniques, i.e. work on an anti-static workbench, anti-static desk, or an anti-static pad. Hold something metallic while touching it to the anti-static surface, or use an anti-static wristband to attach to the anti-static material while working.
Once these steps have been followed, it is safe to remove and replace components within your computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/229663-games-freeze-crash-pc-black-screen.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello guys Recently I bought a new HDD TOSHIBA DT ACA ATA Device GB RPM SATA-III I had a Hitachi IDE GB and a WD SATA blue GB On the WD is Windows XP and Windows And on the ATAPI drive was Ubuntu and Vista Because it was slow and small I moved the Linux to the new HDD and Vista after HDD new screen black crash Vista to being moved to the WD HDD Ubuntu works well only the etc fstab needed to be fixed Vista didn't manage to survive Also I messed up everything so nothing could boot without hiren's boot CD But I deleted every corrupt bootloader and installed Windows then reinstalled GRUB so now everything works Currently my PC boots Vista black screen crash after being moved to new HDD GRUB first with two main entries Linux and windows BOOTMGR Windows BOOTMGR has the more entries NTLDR for XP and Win - -Vista Also I have an entry to go back into GRUB Currently Vista is the only one that doesn't want to work It boots but really slowly then creates a new desktop as a new user and fails It shows me an activation screen with black background and all I can do is exiting to nothing Barely nothing works What is the best I can do I deleted the partition from the GB HDD but I haven't created another one so possibly I could recover it And also I haven't got anything important on the vista partition so I could just reinstall it then give back the bootloader to win with the repair disc Also vista repair disc couldn't solve the issue Do you need screenshots from Vista

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/301029-vista-black-screen-crash-after-being-moved-new-hdd.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I play Battlefield 3, Metro2033, The witcher, Far cry 3 and a tons of other games without any problem.

But when I play LoL or WoW, way less demanding games I get a black screen, while the sound continues or a black screen with vertrical stripes with a sound loop or grey screen. I get it daily only with these 2 games.

My setup is in the file Rohied-PC

Also the only difference between those games are the crashing and the non crashing is that the crashing games require internet to play..

A:HD5770 Black screen Crash desperate need of help!

Bump, happened once again ;(

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/307275-hd5770-black-screen-crash-desperate-need-help.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi guys First post here at these forums but I've been reading for some time I was hoping I could get some advice on a recent crash I've been getting on my computer So I built this system in October screen Strange blue/black crash and was initially having some hypertransport flood sync errors for a couple of weeks I adjusted voltages and fiddled with a couple of settings and that seems to have stopped for the time being As to what was causing those problems initially your guess is as good as mine However starting days ago I've been getting another strange crash where whatever is happening on my screen will go blank the monitor goes into standby and whatever sound was playing on my computer will loop for a bit followed by a buzzing noise and then continually buzz indefinitely The fans and CPU seem to still be running and my video card's fan is still functional I usually have to do a hard reset in order to fix this And sometimes during the reset the computer will not turn on the monitor remains in standby while I hear the system turning on and the fans whirling This happens more frequently during games such as Starcraft and Star Wars The Old Republic than when I'm idling or doing low-demand tasks I usually do not Strange blue/black screen crash get a BSOD error from this crash either except for one time I've attached the files below and you'll note - other BSOD due to Strange blue/black screen crash rivatuner drivers which I think you can ignore since I was trying to install that to check out my video card fans but there seemed to be a problem with the driver for it Windows Professional - bit Retail for about years Relatively new system built myself for the most part AMD Athlon II X Processor GHz Nvidia GeForce GT mb MSI -G ATX AM DD motherboard with x GB Kingston RAM Not quite sure of power supply If you need any other information I'll do my best to recover it Thanks for any help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/strange-blue-black-screen-crash-620170.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I keep randomly getting black screen crashes on CS:GO, where the sounds loops and I have no access to the task manager, so must do a hard restart. It seems to happen after I have been playing for awhile, however it is not an overheating issue, as I have been monitoring all heat, and am no where near the upper thresholds.

I set my computer up to create dump files, however windows doesn't seem to be doing this. Luckily though, steam has its own dump logs, which I have included in my zip

I have tried:
--------------
-Multicore Rending disabled
-Windows update
-Updating graphics driver to newest (GeForce GTX580)
-Lowering shadow quality to lowest
-Playing in windowed mode
-Confirmed that nothing is overheating

A:Counter-Strike:GO Black Screen Crash

I tried reading the dump files but I'm not really sure how to extract the proper information from them. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/285783-counter-strike-go-black-screen-crash.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello all I would be very grateful for some help with the following issue Yesterday I was playing Batman Arkham City Black Problem Screen Fix again after login; Crash; on and my computer crashed When Crash; Black Screen on login; Problem again after Fix I logged back in I was presented with a black screen I did some research about how to solve the problem I started the computer in safe mode disabled both the nvidea and the intel graphics cards uninstalled both and Crash; Black Screen on login; Problem again after Fix reinstalled the latest drivers both were already up to date I then thought the problem was solved but today I had the same problem this time when I wasn't doing anything with the laptop I left it on went out came back home and it was off I booted it up and it was a black screen again So it looks like a recurrent issue and I'm not sure what to do about it All of the advice I've seen for the black screen problem relates to people who had the problem after updating to windows My update went fine and everything was running perfectly until after the crash yesterday Now there are these problems Can anyone give me advice as to how I can fix this problem for good I am running an ASUS laptop with windows bit and an NVIDEA Geforce m video card Thanks in advance for any help you all can give me

A:Crash; Black Screen on login; Problem again after Fix

Just to update, I reinstalled the drivers for the nvidia graphics card again and now the computer is stuck at the black screen again except in safe mode.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/44364-crash-black-screen-login-problem-again-after-fix.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi I have been having this problem for a while now Thank you for helping I have A N X-X AMD Corsair ram Ti- or PNY My comupter screen Computer minutes crash/black 10 within would crash or turn black screen within minutes after start up It will either Computer crash/black screen within 10 minutes give me a blue screen saying there is a hardware failure or just simply turn black First I thought it is an video card issue so i went to buy a new card the PNY The problem seems to disappear for a week then it came back I cleaned everything and it is still the same So I thought it might be a software driver issue I format my HD and reinstall windows During the installing process the computer freezes black screen again i tried several time same thing happen everything Now I ran out of idea and have no clue which piece of hardware should i replace I am thinking it shouldn t be the video card since it is new Have any one of you have this kind of problem before If you need any extra information please ask me I will try my best to answer Thank you very much rich nbsp

A:Computer crash/black screen within 10 minutes

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot!

Sounds like a temp problem.
I'd look to the cpu/heatsink fan.
Make sure heatsink is clear of dredded dust bunnies, fresh thermal paste (AS3 or 5).
Possibly the PSU..
Try running pc wizard or everest to watch temps.
In the bios you should have "harware monitoring" for temps.
Just go into bios and watch the temps there for 10 to 15 mins.

G'Luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-crash-black-screen-within-10-minutes.49652/
Relevancy 74.82%

Win 7 home premium 64 bit HP P6-2003a. It did it twice,crashed to a black screen and wouldn't start again the second time so I took the desktop apart and cleaned it including the motherboard which didn't have any leaky or bulging electrolytics,in fact it still looks like new.I checked the power supply voltages but not while it was under load and then DeOxited the memory sticks and sockets same for the graphics card. I think I can remember this happening before and it was the AMD catalyst driver that needed updating or something? Whats the common cause of this fault?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/392217-black-screen-crash-when-watching-videoes.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hey folks been Nba 2003 Screen - Live Crash/black awhile since I Nba Live 2003 - Crash/black Screen posted anything Hope you all had a wonderful xmas and new year Anyways I just got NBA Live bought Game seems to load fine and the practice and on works for the most part But when Nba Live 2003 - Crash/black Screen I start a franchise and play a game it lasts for awhile maybe half a quarter sometimes all the way to the ed quarter then the screen goes blank i still hear background music but my monitor goes dark and the little light on the front of it turns from green to yellow the keyboard mouse do not respond and when I turn the monitor on and off it says no signal almost likes its not plugged in the the computer is on but I have to do a manual reset Any suggestions I got so frusterated thought my store bought was wacked so I downloaded it off a friends comp he had a version with a registery fixer again everything works until i start an actual franchise game i ve changed my resolution in windows down up and in the game down and up my system is athlonXP ghz megs RAM gigs of free HD space XP Pro Geforce FX w m DDR My other games seem to work any ideas I run spybot adaware avg once a day hasn t spotted anything thank you -Darren nbsp

Relevancy 74.82%

I ll start by listing my system specs Processor AMD Phenom II x T processor black edition ghz OC to ghz Motherboard MSI FXA-GD MS- Military grade Memory GB DDR PNY RAM PC - GPU At the time Nividia TI GPU Now Nividia GTX HDD GB Seagate RPM PSU Thermaltake Watt Certified Case Mid tower cyberpower case screen signal video crash no Black mm fans For me it started with skyrim every once in a while I would go to black screen no video signal and then I would have to do a hard reset on my PSU At the time no other game had caused this issue for me and I thought it was localized to skyrim Unfortunately over time I started experiencing the black screen crash on other games randomly So I ran the following tests Prime I ran this for over hr and Black screen crash no video signal was unable to reproduce the black screen error Also all tests were passed FurMark I ran this to test my GPU and push it I ran this for over hr at x max AA no errors and no artifacts again it passed with out reproducing the black screen error WindowsMem test According to this all ram passed no errors Speedfan HDD test I ran this to check the health of my HDD and no errors were reported all values normal I also updated all drivers for GPU Motherboard processor My first thought was that the GPU was the main issue so I returned it and recently purchased a GTX After installing the new card and playing a few games the black screen crash occurred again which again seems to happen randomly It also happens during times when the GPU itself is not being pushed This has lead me to believe it Black screen crash no video signal is not the GPU causing this Today I will be testing my PSU for power Black screen crash no video signal dips and other issues If I find anything I will report it Also I do not feel this is an overheat issue because the crash does not seem characteristic of one nbsp

A:Black screen crash no video signal

Yes, I would change the power supply

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-crash-no-video-signal.180053/
Relevancy 74.82%

My laptop has been freezing/lagging periodically when I'm browsing the internet and just now it did it again and after a few minutes windows explorer crashed and it asked me to restart. When i logged back in it gave me a temporary profile so I tried to restart again and now it just hangs for ~5minutes on a black screen before giving me a temp login profile.

This happened to me two weeks ago as well and reformatting seemed to fix it for about 2 weeks. I have also run the windows memtest giving positive results, but the hard disk self test failed.

Is it the harddrive failing, loose ram, or what?

Thanks.

A:Windows explorer crash, black screen etc.

how old is the hdd,,,If it failed the test I would start off by changing it

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-explorer-crash-black-screen-etc-598313.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Ok, I just got Battlefield 2 and I'm running it on Vista 64, but when I try to launch it, the screen turs black for about 3 seconds, and then the desktop appears. Also, there are no error messages. I have tried changing the resolution and changing audio.con software to hardware, but nothing seems to work. Any help will be much appreciated.

A:Battlefield 2 Vista-64 Crash/Black Screen

Go to program files, accessories, run. Type in dxdiag and hit enter. Let it run and save the text file and upload it here.

Your specs say "Pentium Dual Core CPU @2.50 Ghz 2.50Ghz 64-Bit processor OS: Vista 64 Ram: r.00GB".

That tells me nothing except you have a Pentium D at 2.5 ghz unless you mean you have a core 2 duo at 2.5?

Yeah, a dxdiag report would help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/battlefield-2-vista-64-crash-black-screen.896832/
Relevancy 74.82%

I have bought an carbon copy, but friend fetched it , luckily i still have my ea account with cd key, anyways so thanks to legit cd key, my game is legit...
Okay so heres the problem: When i start carbon, the screen goes black for a second and game crashes back to desktop, no crash report. Iv tried updating the game to 1.4, still having same problem. Tried to run in win98 compatibility mode, didnt work. I had an different mobo before, game worked perfectly during that time, i had x200 too... Game should run fine on x3100 , as there are plenty of youtube videos which show that it runs great on it. (Well not great but it works)
System specs are:
Intel Celeron 336 2.8ghz clocked at 3.16, stable temp, just cleaned and viewed temp from asus pcprobe.
1GB kingston ddr2, 800mhz
GMA x3100 up to date drivers, checked from website
ASUS P5KP-L AM/PS
Integrated sound, realtek.

A:NFS Carbon crash to desktop, black screen.

A crash to the desktop is often related to a video driver or video compatibility problem.
You might want to check out > Can You Run It?.
It might give an explanation as to why this game won't run properly on your computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nfs-carbon-crash-to-desktop-black-screen.907101/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello Earlier this year my PC had re-occurring crashed with a black screen and a looping sound which later turned out to be my HDD I then bought a new HDD and everything was going smoothly until recently when I've started to experience similar problems These black screens seem to me to occur randomly Sometimes it happen when I watch a movie sometimes after playing looping Black - sound with screen crash BF for hours and sometimes when the computer is idle I won't be able to do a driver verifier tonight but will get to it tomorrow The same with ram and Black screen with looping sound - crash hdd tests as I have no clean discs at the moment but I will attach the quot jcgriff quot and perfmon OS - Windows bit This is the original OS Full retail Age of all system components some parts are about years old CPU mobo etc Black screen with looping sound - crash GPU and PSU are less than a year old and the HDD is about month old Age of OS installation - month CPU Intel i Video Card Asus GTX MotherBoard Asus p t-SE Power Supply - Corsair HX W

A:Black screen with looping sound - crash

Just a small update, ran the driver verifier test and the HDD test with no errors. Will test the RAM sticks later.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/black-screen-with-looping-sound-crash-619683.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hey everyone I recently built my first custom PC Here is a link to the build on PCPartPicker AMD FX- Sapphire Radeon R Corsair R - Ordered build updated - ajthemacboy amp s Saved Part List - PCPartPicker Since then I have had random black screen issues At one point I reinstalled the OS and they still occur You may notice the R needs a W power supply at the least At first look you would think this is the problem SF.zip! Screen/Crash I a - minidump + Black have Random but it's not Before the R I had an EVGA Ti which only uses like watts of power or something as well as a CM W power supply and the black screen issues still occurred First I returned the power supply for a CS M black screen still occurred Then I returned the Ti for an r and the issue still occurs If it's not the graphics card power supply or OS what should I do The last three times the black screen has happened there was no minidump It happened two times yesterday Friday and once today The info I got from SF Diagnostic tool is attached The minidump blames NTOSKRNL EXE but I have no clue what this is or how to fix it Thanks in advance for your help

A:Random Black Screen/Crash - I have a minidump + SF.zip!

MSI Afterburner and Riva Tuner (along with EVGA Precision) are known to cause BSOD's in some Windows systems (it's driver is usually RTCore64.sys). Please un-install them immediately!

If you're overclocking, please stop the overclock while we're troubleshooting. Feel free to resume the overclock once the system has been stabilized.

cpudrv64.sys is blamed in one of the memory dumps (and it dates from 2009) Please uninstall the program associated with it (I believe it's related to a program named "Can I Run It?" - Driver Reference Table - cpudrv64.sys )

AMD OverDrive (AODDriver2.sys) is either a stand-alone application, or a component of the AMD VISION Engine Control Center. This driver is known to cause BSOD's on some Windows systems.

NOTE: these symptoms were from the previous release of OverDrive. The new release uses the same driver name, but is dated from 4 November 2013.

Please un-install all AMD/ATI video stuff from Control Panel...Programs...Un-install a program
Then, download (but DO NOT install) a fresh copy of the ATI drivers from Global Provider of Innovative Graphics, Processors and Media Solutions | AMD (in the upper right corner of the page)
Use this procedure to install the DRIVER ONLY: ATI video cards - DRIVER ONLY installation procedure - Sysnative Forums

If the device (AODDriver or AODDriver4.01) remains a problem, open Device Manager, select the "View" item.
Then select "Show hidden devices" and scroll down to the Non-Plug and Play Drivers section.
Locate the AODDriver entry, right click on it and select "Un-install". Reboot for changes to take affect.

Sometimes the driver remains and continues to cause BSOD's. If this is the case for you, post back and we'll give further instructions for safely removing it.

If overclocking, please stop. Remove the overclock and return the system to stock/standard values while we're troubleshooting. Once the system is stable again, feel free to resume the overclocking.

The other 3 memory dumps are STOP 0x124 errors:
They are usually caused by one of these things:
- borked (broken) hardware (several different procedures used to isolate the problem device)
- BIOS issues (check for updates at the motherboard manufacturer's website)
- overclocking/overheating - You'll know if you're overclocking or not. If uncertain we can suggest things to check.
- missing Windows Updates
- compatibility issues (3rd party hardware/drivers), older systems, or even pirated systems
- low-level driver problems
- or even malware (scanned for when we ask for hardware diagnostics from Initial Hardware Diagnostics or Hardware Diagnostics ).

You can get a head start on the hardware diagnostics if you'd like - they are located here: Hardware Diagnostics

Also, monitor your system's temperatures with this free tool: HWMonitor CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting

Normally temps shouldn't exceed:
CPU - 60?C
GPU - 80?C
HDD and other components - 40?C

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

Code:
**************************Thu Sep 18 10:43:01.567 2014 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\091814-25125-02.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9600 MP (6 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9600.17238.amd64fre.winblue_gdr.140723-2018
System Uptime:0 days 0:04:17.299
Probably caused by :AuthenticAMD
BugCheck 124, {0, ffffe000481eb028, b0800000, 40151}
BugCheck Info: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: ffffe000481eb028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000b0800000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000040151, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_AuthenticAMD
PROCESS_NAME: cpuocct64.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_CACHE
... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/54115-random-black-screen-crash-i-have-minidump-sf-zip.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi there, over the last few months my laptop has been frequently crashing when playing games such as Counter Strike: Source, Team Fortress 2, Starcraft 2, as well as others. I'm not exactly sure what is wrong with my computer since it should be capable of handling all of these programs.

It is Windows 7 Home Premium 64.
It is OEM.
The computer and OS Instillation are a bit over a year old.

A:Black Screen Crash in games, no BSOD.

Update your AMD Display driver =>Link
Set your Power options to Maximum performance when gaming
Power Plan Settings - Change

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/165187-black-screen-crash-games-no-bsod.html