Windows Support Forum

Laptop BSOD during gaming

Q: Laptop BSOD during gaming

Everytime I play a game, I get random bsod whether it's 30 minutes into the game or a few hours.

Attached file is the .dmp file from BlueScreenView. It's caused dxgkrnl.sys

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Laptop BSOD during gaming

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Laptop BSOD during gaming

Hi,

Please refer to the following and reply back accordingly with the required information - http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-8-1-8-0-7-and-vista-452654.html

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/laptop-bsod-during-gaming-858793.html
Relevancy 55.47%

The computer will BSOD randomly while playing world of warcraft and also starcraft 2. Something curious about loading wow too, everytime it disconnect from the internet when first loading WoW.

? OS -Windows 7
? x64
? Windows 7.
? Is the OS an OEM version: Yes
? Age of system (hardware) Laptop was ordered 5/12/11
? Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? I have not reintalled it.

? CPU - Intel Core i7-740QM (1.73GHz)
? Video Card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M
? MotherBoard -
? Power Supply - brand & wattage

Not sure about the mobo / power supply, it's a laptop

? System Manufacturer - Asus
? Exact model number (if laptop, check label on bottom) - G53JW-XN1

For good measure, a link to the laptop on newegg. Newegg.com - ASUS G Series G53JW-XN1 NoteBook Intel Core i7 740QM(1.73GHz) 15.6" 4GB Memory DDR3 1333 500GB HDD 7200rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M

A:Repeat BSOD's on new laptop, mostly during gaming.

NOTE: I have severe eye problems. If I do not respond to your postings, please PM another staff member for assistance.

Please reset the system to stock (non-overclocked) values and test for further BSOD's

Quote:

CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 740 @ 1.73GHz"
MaxSpeed: 1730
CurrentSpeed: 1845

A while back there were issues with the Curse client and Garena. I'd suggest visiting their website and downloading the most current Win7 compatible versions

systeminfo.txt reports both your wireless and wired network connection are active. I suggest disconnecting one of them. And, as long as you're at it, update the drivers for both from the Asus website.

MSINFO32 reports 4 STOP 0x124 errors. Here's a link on troubleshooting these errors: http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...-what-try.html

I ran 13 memory dumps from Oct/Nov 2011
All were STOP 0x124
and all had 4 as the first parameter (it blames the PCIExpress bus)
This was a common error in the past, but we haven't seen that many of them over the past year or two. In the past we'd suspect either the video card or the motherboard. And, most probably, this is a hardware problem (something's broken).

Try these free diagnostics/stress tests. Pay particular attention to FurMark and Prime95:

Quote:

Quote:

H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)
HD Diagnostic (read the details at the link) - Test ALL of the hard drives.

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: Free Online AntiMalware Resources (read the details at the link)
There are also free, bootable antivirus disks at this link: Free Online AntiMalware Resources - Bootable Disks

Then, if the above tests pass, I'd try these free stress tests:

Quote:

FurMark download site: FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net
FurMark Setup:
- If you have more than one GPU, select Multi-GPU during setup
- In the Run mode box, select "Stability Test" and "Log GPU Temperature"
Click "Go" to start the test
- Run the test until the GPU temperature maxes out - or until you start having problems (whichever comes first).
NOTE: Set the alarm to go off at 90?C. Then watch the system from that point on. If the system doesn't display a temperature, watch it constantly and turn it off at the first sign of video problems. DO NOT leave it it unmonitored, it can DAMAGE your video card!!!
If the temperature gets above 100?C, quit the test - the video card is overheating.
- Click "Quit" to exit

Quote:

Prime95 download site: Free Software - GIMPS
Prime95 Setup:
- extract the contents of the zip file to a location of your choice
- double click on the executable file
- select "Just stress testing"
- select the "Blend" test. If you've already run MemTest overnight please run the "Small FFTs" test instead. (run all 3 if you find a problem and note how long it takes to error out with each)
- "Number of torture test threads to run" should equal the number of CPU's times 2 (if you're using hyperthreading).
The easiest way to figure this out is to go to Task Manager...Performance tab - and see the number of boxes under CPU Usage History
Then run the test for 6 to 24 hours - or until you get errors (whichever comes first).
Monitor the CPU temperature and DON'T let it exceed 85?C. If it does, then you probably have a CPU cooling problem.
This won't necessarily crash the system - but check the output in the test window for errors.
The Test selection box and the stress.txt file des... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/repeat-bsods-on-new-laptop-mostly-during-gaming-612521.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi guys and staff of tech support I was having some errors while gaming the whole system stop suddenly then freezzes and reboot itself sometimes I had to cut the power in order to reboot then a screen apears saying that was a critical error and windows close to protect your data select safe mode or normal mode after rebooting it appears another message saying that the system its recovering from a critical error Ill follow the steps of gt gt gt gt gt gt gt BSOD Posting Instructions and this is my system info I really apreciate your help cuz I really dont know what to do OS - Windows home premium x What was original installed OS on system -Windows home premium the OS is an OEM version Age of system while laptop on Asus [SOLVED] BSOD gaming September Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS yes I re-installed the original OS a few days ago CPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX M GB GDDR VRAM -Intel HM -Power Source AC Voltage volts ASUS G JW-A Republic of Gamers

A:[SOLVED] BSOD on Asus laptop while gaming

Recommendations:I notice two things right off the bat. You do not have Service Pack 1 installed, and you may have an overclock on your processor. If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop!
Update to Service Pack 1 (SP1)Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 (KB947821) [August 2011]

Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB947821) [August 2011]

Steps to follow before you install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 from the Microsoft Download Center

Service Pack 1 Download site

Outdated and Problematic Drivers:You should update/replace/remove the following drivers. Any drivers that are known to cause BSODs, please remove the software or remove the drivers and then remove the device; steps to do so are given after the list of outdated drivers. If you have ASACPI.sys installed, make sure it is updated and not pre-2009; pre-2009 versions are known to cause BSODs:
ATK64AMD.sys Tue May 12 19:04:54 2009 (4A0A1CB6)
ATK Hotkey ATK0101 ACPI UTILITY Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ATK64AMD.sys

amdxata.sys Tue May 19 11:56:59 2009 (4A12F2EB)
AMD storage controller driver - usually from the Windows 7 DVD
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=amdxata.sys

kbfiltr.sys Mon Jul 20 03:21:42 2009 (4A643726)
Dritek Keyboard Filter Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=kbfiltr.sys

To update drivers, make sure to download the drivers from the manufacturer and not using 3rd party programs. Your drivers should be found from your motherboard support site (ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI, etc.) or your vendor support site (Dell, HP, Toshiba, Sony, etc.) first. If you have devices you bought yourself, the drivers for those devices need to be downloaded from the manufacturer support site for those devices. If you need help, let us know.

To remove drivers, do so by uninstalling the device or software associated with the driver. Devices can be uninstalled through device manager, and then the device itself should be physically removed from the system if possible.Uninstall or change a program

Open Device Manager
3rd Party Drivers: The following is for information purposes only. My recommendations were given above. The drivers that follow belong to software or devices that were not developed by Microsoft. Any drivers in red should be updated/replaced/removed. You can find links to the driver information and where to update the drivers in the section after the code box:

Code:
**************************Sun Feb 10 22:08:51.329 2013 (UTC - 7:00)**************************
ATK64AMD.sys Tue May 12 19:04:54 2009 (4A0A1CB6)
amdxata.sys Tue May 19 11:56:59 2009 (4A12F2EB)
ASMMAP64.sys Thu Jul 2 03:13:26 2009 (4A4C7A36)
intelppm.sys Mon Jul 13 17:19:25 2009 (4A5BC0FD)
kbfiltr.sys Mon Jul 20 03:21:42 2009 (4A643726)
MBfilt64.sys Thu Jul 30 21:40:32 2009 (4A7267B0)
TurboB.sys Thu Aug 6 15:17:31 2009 (4A7B486B)
HECIx64.sys Thu Sep 17 13:54:16 2009 (4AB293E8)
PxHlpa64.sys Tue Oct 20 12:08:42 2009 (4ADDFCAA)
S6000KNT.sys Sun Dec 27 18:43:23 2009 (4B380D3B)
btwrchid.sys Tue Jan 12 14:44:35 2010 (4B4CED43)
SynTP.sys Fri Mar 5 11:22:43 2010 (4B914BF3)
FLxHCIc.sys Fri May 28 02:50:38 2010 (4BFF83DE)
Rt64win7.sys Sun May 30 21:46:43 2010 (4C033123)
iaStor.sys Tue Jun 8 11:33:03 2010 (4C0E7ECF)
RtsPStor.sys Sun Jul 25 21:27:20 2010 (4C4D0098)
nvBridge.kmd Fri Aug 6 12:08:53 2010 (4C5C4FB5)
RTKVHD64.sys Tue Aug 17 03:05:43 2010 (4C6A50E7)
athrx.sys Tue Jun 21 02:03:39 2011 (4E00505B)
nvhda64v.sys Tue Jul 3 09:25:04 2012 (4FF30ED0)
MpFilter.sys ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-bsod-on-asus-laptop-while-gaming-686501.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi My laptop crashes everytime i put it in Gaming Mode - a button i press on the keyboard that will automatically overclock my cpu gpu this was made by the manufactures when Gaming playing laptop video games. BSOD and i have never fiddled with it - and then proceed to play a game The time it takes to BSOD seems to be entirely random anywhere Gaming laptop BSOD when playing video games. from minutes to an hour and a half It also doesn't seem to scale with how intensive the game is a relatively light game like Trine was the first to cause me this problem and usually BSOD'd me very quickly while Arkham Origins will usually BSOD from half an hour onwards I finally got reliable high speed internet two days ago and updated my AMD drivers from the horribly outdated i think i stupidly got the drivers from my backup hard-drive instead of just downloading them to the current version This helped immensely and i thought the problem was solved until just now when my computer BSOD after having played Tera for hours Possible Issues Age Gaming Mode I have had the laptop for years now even though it has never been a problem before perhaps it can no longer handle being overclocked However as most modern games require the power i get from Gaming Mode to be playable this is my final alternative Hardware I clean out the heat sink and replace the thermal paste every few month or my laptop would run too hot Issues first appeared after a complete reinstall and clean Maybe i ruined something this time Any help you can give me with this issue is much appreciated thanks

A:Gaming laptop BSOD when playing video games.

Your Windows installation is counterfeit. You have an ASUS PID on an MSI motherboard.

Code:
Host Name: MDA-PC
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
OS Version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation
OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free
Registered Owner: MDA
Registered Organization:
Product ID: 00426-OEM-8992662-00173 ---> ASUS PID

Original Install Date: 20/02/2014, 23:01:49
System Boot Time: 07/10/2014, 01:58:35
System Manufacturer: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD
System Model: MS-1656
System Type: x64-based PC
Processor(s): 1 Processor(s) Installed.
[01]: Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5 GenuineIntel ~2400 Mhz
BIOS Version: American Megatrends Inc. E1656IMS.10C,
Counterfeit installations such as yours can contain heavily modified code that can cause the installation to behave it unexpected ways. Analysing BSODs and determining their causes on these sorts of installations is completely unreliable, and for this reason most analysts won't attempt it.

My recommendation is to install a genuine copy of Windows 7. This will minimise the problems you are experiencing and make subsequent diagnosis of BSODs far more reliable. Once you are running a genuine Windows 7 installation and are still experiencing BSODs, upload your new logs we will be happy to help you solve them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/347992-gaming-laptop-bsod-when-playing-video-games.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I i BSOD gaming am Occurring when Randomly while gaming??? and not dont know why I recently bought a new computer and it has been doing this since i first got it I dont know why but hopefully you can help me My Computer Stats -Intel BSOD Occurring Randomly while gaming and when i am not gaming??? Core i - K -GIGABYTE GA-Z X-UD H Z - NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti GB -Corsair Vengeance GB - TB Hard Drive -Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold Plus Watts -Microsoft BSOD Occurring Randomly while gaming and when i am not gaming??? Windows Home Premium -Bit Edition Link to My SF tool file should be as a attachment This the message that Windows gave me to check for solution after i restarted the BSOD Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP BCP FFFFFA BC BCP FE BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users dbzethioboy AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt When the BSOD occurred i copyed the code Stop x x xFFFFFA DC x FE x Hopefully you guys could help me out this is the first time i have dealt with something like this Thanks Dbzethioboy

A:BSOD Occurring Randomly while gaming and when i am not gaming???

Hi Welcome to SF

Unfortunately the dumps you uploaded are all 0x124 errors which are hardware related
BSOD Index
My initial thought is as this is new machine i would return it to place of purchase as something is obviously not right, if you wish to look into this then...
Have a read of this thread it will give you some things to try
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try
Analysing your dumps (they are all the same) they state an error with level 2 cache on your cpu

Code:
Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Descriptor @ fffffa800bc43138
Section @ fffffa800bc432c0
Offset : 664
Length : 264
Flags : 0x00000000
Severity : Fatal
Error : DCACHEL2_PREFETCH_ERR (Proc 1 Bank 6)
Address : 0x00000000a3edddc0
Misc. : 0x0000003206000086

Code:
Descriptor @ fffffa800bc59138
Section @ fffffa800bc592c0
Error : DCACHEL2_DRD_ERR (Proc 4 Bank 6)
Address : 0x000000003d1bddc0
Misc. : 0x0000007007000086

Code:
Descriptor @ fffffa800bc22138
Section @ fffffa800bc222c0
Error : DCACHEL2_DRD_ERR (Proc 5 Bank 6)
Address : 0x000000004f4fddc0
Misc. : 0x000000b040000086
So you could potentially be looking at a problem with your cpu or motherboard
Check temperatures and make sure chip is not overheating

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/275126-bsod-occurring-randomly-while-gaming-when-i-am-not-gaming.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi all About months ago I bought all new parts and assembled a PC for gaming school work The goal was PC, new nothing gaming gaming, during BSOD helps 0x9C to buy parts that are instantly available sold older PC to a friend and I needed a replacement fast and the price range was about - in Finland I ended up with the following parts - Fractal design Define R Black Pearl - Asus DRW- BSOD 0x9C during gaming, new gaming PC, nothing helps F ST BLK G AS x DVD -RW - Kingston HyperX Genesis GB x GB - WD Green TB SATA III MB - MSI GeForce GTX Gaming OC Edition MB - Kingston SSDNow v GB SSD quot - Corsair CX W V - Intel Core i K GHz LGA - BSOD 0x9C during gaming, new gaming PC, nothing helps Asus Z -K Intel Z LGA ATX Decided to save some money and buy heatsink cpu fan later since I also needed a new monitor - Running Windows Ultimate bit I haven't overclocked anything All seemed fine until I installed the first games and Bluescreens started coming up There are different BSOD Im getting more detailed info below Always Machine Check Exeption x C The thing is BSOD only comes during gaming First the sound loops and everything freezes followed by BSOD Searching for the problem I have - Formatted and re-installed everything times - Monitored temperatures with Bios Realtemp Open hardware monitor c- c with heavy gaming - Run sfc scannow chkdsk Seatools Lifeguard Diagnostic Memtest Prime Heaven Benchmark dxdiag no errors in any of them - Borrowed my old rams and graphics card back and replaced the new ones same BSOD still - Removed and put back pretty much all the parts checked the wires etc - Updated all drivers I could think of including all the chipsets and BIOS And nothing makes any difference BSOD doesn't seem to have any logic it might come right when I start gaming or after hours of gaming Record is times a day but it may also wait for days while I think I finally fixed it and then reappears While Im aware that c might be a bit too high BSOD presents itself also with lower temperatures However older speaking of - years games are mostly not crashing Watching movies or surfing in the web doesn't crash ever I also got some debugging help from another forum but weeks of sending dump files resulted this quot well MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION is considered a hardware error I am not sure how to decode the MCA EXCEPTION structure reported kd gt dd fffff ba bb fffff ba bb d a a d quot I'll paste few examples from WhoCrashed and the zip file from DM Log Collector On Thu GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows memory dmp This was probably caused by the following module hal dll hal HalInitializeBios x Bugcheck code x C x xFFFFF BA BB x x Error MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION file path C Windows system hal dll product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL Bug check description This bug check indicates that a fatal machine check exception has occurred The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time On Wed GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module hal dll hal x Bugcheck code x C x xFFFFF BA BB x x Error MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION file path C Windows system hal dll product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL Bug check description This bug check indicates that a fatal machine check exception has occurred The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time On Wed GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module hal dll hal x Bugcheck code x C x xFFFFF BBB x x Error MACHINE CHECK EXCEPT... Read more

A:BSOD 0x9C during gaming, new gaming PC, nothing helps

hello, Lazzi and welcome to the forums. I'll try to help you, but would you please upload the BSOD Posting Instructions here. I can't download the file you linked to without an account, plus we prefer them here. This will tell you how. Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Also, please open an elevated command prompt ( click start, type cmd in the search box, right click on the cmd entry and select run as administrator) in the black box that opens, copy/paste sfc /scannow. If you decide to type it, notice the space between the sfc and the /. It is a system file checker which will scan your system files and attempt to correct any missing or corrupt files. What we want are the results to say windows found no integrity violations. If it says files were found but could not be repaired, close the box, reboot and run it again, after opening the administrative command prompt. You may have to reboot and run it three times for it to repair all system files. If it can't repair them after 3 reboots, let us know.

And also give as detailed a description as you can about your hardware including the Case, PSU and CPU Cooler, and place them in your system specs. These are the instructions I usually give and maybe it will help you.

Please fill out your System Specs

Information
Your System Specs will help us to help you, and doing it in this manner will make them available to all helpers in every post and keep us from hunting for them. We ask that you fill them out in as much detail as possible including Desktop or Laptop, Model number if it is an OEM computer and all components with the Manufacturer and Model number if possible.

If you will go to your last post and click the 'System Specs' in the bottom left of the post, you will find a link to update your system specs. Please fill those out in as much detail as possible, making sure to click save at the bottom of the page. If you would like to know what we would like, you can click 'My System Specs' at the bottom left of this post to see mine. If you do not know what your components are, this will help you accomplish this task. System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/367303-bsod-0x9c-during-gaming-new-gaming-pc-nothing-helps.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi guys This is my first post while Gigabyte in Gaming GTX970 with SLI G1 gaming BSOD in this forum since I have not received any BSOD with Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970 in SLI while gaming help from elswhere BSOD with Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970 in SLI while gaming You guys are my only hope Okay so I recently bought two G Gaming GTX graphics cards The first driver install went bad by windows using its own drivers so I got the Display Driver Uninstaller from dguru scrubbed the drivers in safe mode After restart windows still used its own drivers at first but everything worked and I updated with the latest nVidia drivers Now to the issue After gaming for some time graphically demanding games AC Unity FarCry the PC would freeze and I would have a BSOD on my hands Interestingly enough this has happened with nVidia supported games but I've managed to play Alien Isolation for an extended period of time which is AMD supported Have not had any problems with Borderlands Pre Sequel nVidia supported either but it's also not as heavy on the GPU When the BSOD has happened it has happened approx within an hour of gaming sometimes within minutes The BSOD does not happen when I'm watching movies or browsing the net or working on the PC just when gaming heavy does it occur I run the system SLI enabled I'm going to include two crash dumps below By the looks of it it seems to be a driver issue so what are my options here I've reinstalled the drives but still the problem has persisted Any help or insight into the BSOD errors I'm getting would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Nahkman Code Debugging Details ------------------ BUGCHECK STR x C GenuineIntel CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID WIN DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME ACU exe CURRENT IRQL f ANALYSIS VERSION debuggers dbg - amd fre LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff to fffff c b STACK TEXT fffff f b fffff c fffff f b nt KeBugCheckEx fffff f b fffff f hal HalpMcaReportError x fffff f c fffff e db e hal HalpMceHandlerWithRendezvous x f fffff f cc fffff bf c hal HalHandleMcheck x fffff f cf fffff bf d nt KxMcheckAbort x c fffff f e a nt KiMcheckAbort x d f x a STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP nt KxMcheckAbort c fffff bf c d c lea rcx rsp h SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME nt KxMcheckAbort c FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME nt IMAGE NAME ntkrnlmp exe DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP fb cd IMAGE VERSION FAILURE BUCKET ID X x C GenuineIntel nt KxMcheckAbort c BUCKET ID X x C GenuineIntel nt KxMcheckAbort c ANALYSIS SOURCE KM FAILURE ID HASH STRING km x x c genuineintel nt kxmcheckabort c FAILURE ID HASH bfc df - f e- c- - c f Followup MachineOwner Code Debugging Details ------------------ BUGCHECK STR x GenuineIntel CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID WIN DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME System CURRENT IRQL ANALYSIS VERSION debuggers dbg - amd fre STACK TEXT fffff e b fffff cdca fffffa d fffffa d nt WheapCreateLiveTriageDump x c fffff e ad fffff aee fffffa d fffff d fffffa d nt WheapCreateTriageDumpFromPreviousSession x fffff e b fffff fffff b fffffa a a fffffa d nt WheapProcessWorkQueueItem x fffff e b fffff c fffff a e fffff fffffa d nt WheapWorkQueueWorkerRoutine x fffff e b fffff bae fffffa d fffffa cf nt ExpWorkerThread x fffff e c fffff c fffff fffffa d fffff ffc nt PspSystemThreadStartup x a fffff e c fffff e fffff db fffff e e nt KxStartSystemThread x STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME GenuineIntel IMAGE NAME GenuineIntel DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP IMAGE VERSION FAILURE BUCKET ID X x GenuineIntel PROCESSOR MAE PRV BUCKET ID X x GenuineIntel PROCESSOR MAE PRV ANALYSIS SOURCE KM FAILURE ID HASH STRING km x x genuineintel processor mae prv FAILURE ID HASH e -e - e - -f d e Followup MachineOwner

A:BSOD with Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970 in SLI while gaming

I've been having a very similar issue, I've only got the one Gigabyte 970 G1, and I've only really tested 2 games (AC Unity and Civ Beyond Earth) and while playing both after usually a few hours they'll freeze then I'll get a bsod. They're always Bug Check Code: 0x00000124 and all have the Crash Address: ntoskrnl.exe+4ae61c.

I've run windows memory diagnostic with no results, I've reseated my card, performed multiple clean driver installs, checked temperatures with no problems. I can't figure out what's causing it and this is the only similar problem I can find online. I really wish I could help but it seems we're in much the same boat

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/359369-bsod-gigabyte-g1-gaming-gtx970-sli-while-gaming.html
Relevancy 46.87%

First of all i wanna say hello and congratulations for this helpful site To the point My pc specs are GPU Twintech GT mb MOBO Asus P QL-E CPU Intel Core Quad Q PSU Silverstone Element W RAM Mushkin gb DDR So all of these except my graphics card are new I m having for about - months now been getting BSODs after a period of time playing games I While gaming[moved from BSOD gaming] ve formated my pc times so i ve realised it is nothing related to software I asked lots of ppl and technicians and told me that it was my old PSU W So i changed it with the one mentioned Same happened with the RAM before buying them - moths ago I had changed sets of RAM i had nothing still So i really need your help on this coz if u ever had this problem u d knew how it feels to try play BSOD While gaming[moved from gaming] a game and suddenly a blue pops up disturbs u I really think it is the GPU but i gotta know what pros think PS These are some of the bsod i get

A:BSOD While gaming[moved from gaming]

Hello and welcome to TSF and thanks for the compliment.

I think this is your RAM. I need you to do a test...

Please download http://www.memtest.org// It's saved as an iso so you need to burn it to a cd and boot with it(yes it's legal). Make sure you run it for each stick, as in taking every stick but one then switching. I would recommend running them overnight(each).
You may want to dust your ram carefully!
Make sure you get no finger prints on the RAM as it may damage it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bsod-while-gaming-moved-from-gaming-460361.html
Relevancy 46.87%

So over the past couple of weeks i've been getting alot of BSoD while gaming on my laptop, the most common being failure to reset display drivers.
It seems to be a driver problem but I've tried re-installing them and it hasn't had an effect.
I wasn't sure how to properly do a fresh install so if someone could recommend a way of doing a fresh install.
Also more recently my GPU hasn't been appearing on my device manager randomly, but after a reset it comes back.
I've attached the dump files following the guides, not sure if I have done it properly though.
Help would be appreciated soon as I don't want this ?1000 laptop to die

A:Various BSoD while gaming and some randomly while not gaming.

Yeah, you are having problems with the Nvidia driver.

Your msinfo.32 shows that as disabled though, that could just be at the time the report was created.

Where did you get that driver, it appears to be a beta driver from Nvidia.

Have you tried just using the driver from the manufacturer? They usually modify drivers for their hardware.

I can see it is an older driver but that may be your best option,

MSI Global GT70 0NC 64

How is your laptop cooling? Have you made sure the cooling vents are clean?

All that being said, here is a useful guide for Nvidia drivers,

NVIDIA Drivers - Avoid Problems

Try cleaning your laptop vents and doing a clean install of the driver from MSI to see if it makes a difference.

If you still want to do a clean install, this tutorial can help with that,

Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/331211-various-bsod-while-gaming-some-randomly-while-not-gaming.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello Forum,

I have build a Gaming PC and i was trying to use the MSI Gaming app. It worked but nowadays when i change the mode it gives me an instant BSOD. i have uploaded the BSOD .zip file as instructed.

Thank you for your help,

Kind regards,
Jan L

A:BSOD when starting MSI Gaming App and change to gaming mode or OC mode

I already have runned the memtest. i had 10 passes and 0 errors

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/335313-bsod-when-starting-msi-gaming-app-change-gaming-mode-oc-mode.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi Guys I am new to the forum My Pc started crashing recently after my Codes while gaming time) surfing vary Random each web(BSOD and BSOD's old PSU w busted and i replaced it w The funny part about the bsod's is i get different codes each time eg d then a then b etc Random BSOD's while gaming and surfing web(BSOD Codes vary each time) at first i thought it was maybe a virus so I formatted The PC and then installed the latest drivers i could find for my PC The results were only slightly different from the past The computer would stay up a little longer before it crashed I ran a memtest and RAM is fine Then I thought it was my GPU overheating So i cleaned the fans of both GPU and processor and Replaced the Old Thermal Compound Still no improvement and here I am Now My Specs - Motherboard - Asustek Random BSOD's while gaming and surfing web(BSOD Codes vary each time) P Q Se CPU - Intel Core Quad Q Yorkfield Socket - LGA GPU - Nvidia GTX GB ZOTAC RAM - x GB DDR HDD -Seagate Barracuda gb

A:Random BSOD's while gaming and surfing web(BSOD Codes vary each time)

Code:
Host Name: TKMOHAMMED-PC
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
OS Version: 6.1.7600 N/A Build 7600
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation
OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free
Registered Owner: TK Mohammed
Registered Organization:
Product ID: 00426-OEM-8992662-00497
Original Install Date: 4/17/2015, 1:19:57 AM
System Boot Time: 4/20/2015, 12:59:14 PM
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: P5Q SE
Counterfeit installations such as yours contains heavily modified code that causes the installation to behave it unexpected ways. Analysing BSOD's and determining their causes on these sorts of installations is very unreliable.

My recommendation is to start with a clean slate, and install a genuine version of Windows. This will minimise the problems you are experiencing, and make subsequent diagnosis of BSOD's far more reliable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/367650-random-bsods-while-gaming-surfing-web-bsod-codes-vary-each-time.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have been having the BSOD's, during some Daily (Prime95 gaming random, Insta-BSOD) some worst time with my custom built PC Daily BSOD's, some random, some during gaming (Prime95 Insta-BSOD) since it was built I am getting random BSOD's here and there but there does seem to be Daily BSOD's, some random, some during gaming (Prime95 Insta-BSOD) a correlation between a greater occurence when playing games Often I can't play a high-resolution game for more than an hour or two before I crash I heard Daily BSOD's, some random, some during gaming (Prime95 Insta-BSOD) a recommendation to try Prime and I get an insta-BSOD when doing the Blend test I haved tested the memory and did not see any problems Here is the dump report Any help possible would be greatly greatly appreciated I unfortunately am under the suspicion that this is a CPU hardware error and the CPU will have to be replaced but I do need some form of help or confirmation before I take the next step RMA'ing it Sys Info Intel i gb OCZ DDR RAM ATI Radeon HD Asus P T Deluxe V Win Hardware is about years old OS Installation is less than a year old Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version AMD Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Windows Minidump - - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is SRV DownstreamStore http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by amd fre win sp gdr - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff c PsLoadedModuleList xfffff e Debug session time Fri Nov UTC - System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck fffffa fa fe a Probably caused by hardware Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR A fatal hardware error has occurred Parameter identifies the type of error source that reported the error Parameter holds the address of the WHEA ERROR RECORD structure that describes the error conditon Arguments Arg Machine Check Exception Arg fffffa fa Address of the WHEA ERROR RECORD structure Arg fe High order -bits of the MCi STATUS value Arg a Low order -bits of the MCi STATUS value Debugging Details ------------------ BUGCHECK STR x GenuineIntel CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME System CURRENT IRQL f STACK TEXT fffff ddb fffff c ca b fffffa fa fe nt KeBugCheckEx fffff ddb fffff de fffffa dcba fffffa dcba hal HalBugCheckSystem x e fffff ddba fffff c c fffffa dcba fffff ddf fffff ddf nt WheaReportHwError x fffff ddc fffff c c fffffa dcba fffff ddf fffffa dcba hal HalpMcaReportError x c fffff ddd fffff c bf d fffff ddfb hal HalpMceHandler x e fffff ddd fffff c fe fffffa ebdf hal HalpMceHandlerWithRendezvous x fffff dddc fffff cce c hal HalHandleMcheck x fffff dddf fffff cce nt KxMcheckAbort x c fffff ddf fffff c nt KiMcheckAbort x fffff fd a USBPORT USBPORT NeoValidDeviceHandle x c STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME hardware IMAGE NAME hardware DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP FAILURE BUCKET ID X x GenuineIntel PROCESSOR CACHE BUCKET ID X x GenuineIntel PROCESSOR CACHE Followup MachineOwner ---------

A:Daily BSOD's, some random, some during gaming (Prime95 Insta-BSOD)

Here are the missing JCGriff2 and perfmon files. Again, any help in regards to this problem I am having are tremendously appreciated. I can fix near anything with a computer, debugging this deep however escapes my knowledge and I don't know who else to turn to.

Note there are four dumps from today. 2 were while playing Skyrim. 2 were while testing Prime95 on Blend mode, insta-crashed within seconds.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/198049-daily-bsods-some-random-some-during-gaming-prime95-insta-bsod.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I get a BSOD only when gaming Heroes of Newerth which really only uses a small portion of my computers power other games I while gaming Verifier BSOD Driver - makes BSOD hidclass.sys have not noticed any issues although I dont game other games BSOD while gaming - Driver Verifier makes BSOD hidclass.sys much Movies and general computering does not cause any BSOD I did a Driver Verifier BSOD came up hidclass sys BSOD while gaming - Driver Verifier makes BSOD hidclass.sys saved BSOD while gaming - Driver Verifier makes BSOD hidclass.sys Arghh I had to do a system restore when I came back to windows and it deleted the mini dump I've attached a old ones and will re-do driver verifier if requested I did a windows ram test and HDD test for C and no issues noticed I'm new to this whole process but tried to figure it out on my own first any help is much appreciated Windows - bit Windows was the original OS Pre-Installed System is years old same as OS CPU - AMD Phenom II X Black Edition Deneb GHz Video Card - XFX HD- A-ZWFC Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x MotherBoard - ASUS M A XTD EVO AM AMD X ATX AMD Motherboard Power Supply - brand amp wattage - OSZ watt Model OCZ MXSP System Manufacturer - My self Exact model number if laptop check label on bottom

A:BSOD while gaming - Driver Verifier makes BSOD hidclass.sys

I've tried to set up a Driver Verifier mini dump but when I activate it it makes a bluescreen when I come back. I follow the instructions to then go back to my system restore point but when I do it then removes the dump file. My assumption is that now I want for another natural BSOD and then upload that dump? Or should I redo the Driver Verifier and in safe mode upload the dump files?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-while-gaming-driver-verifier-makes-bsod-hidclass-sys-586452.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello and greetings to all.

I dint understand my pc now..after i fresh format my pc after 2years of usage, i on genuine windows and uptodate till today..but i seems cant leave my pc on idle/downloading most of the time...when i wake up, my pc already restarted..just now while im watching a long series of drama, i get bsod and it said "BAD POOL HEADER"..its the first time i can catch the bsod error..please see attachment for the minidump..

A:BSOD when cpu is idle for long period, no bsod while gaming 4~8hours

Hi udin901.

The latest dump gives a notion that BitDefender caused the BSOD.

Code:
fffff880`0b267968 fffff880`0162d904Unable to load image avc3.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avc3.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avc3.sys
avc3+0xf904
Description here: Driver Reference Table - avc3.sys

The previous one states it clearly.

Code:
BugCheck C5, {8, 2, 0, fffff80003011127}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for bdfndisf6.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for bdfndisf6.sys
Probably caused by : bdfndisf6.sys ( bdfndisf6+1445 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Description here: Driver Reference Table - BdfNdisf6.sys

Uninstall BitDefender. How to uninstall Bitdefender

Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.

Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.

Free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto start with it, but the auto start programs often conflicts and causes various problems including BSODs.
Click on the Start button
Type ?msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the ?Startup? tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
Let us know the result.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/327240-bsod-when-cpu-idle-long-period-no-bsod-while-gaming-4-8hours.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Ranging from Far Cry 3 (which is a bit buggy already) to other games like Dead Island, I'm experiencing blue screens. Never happens outside of playing games. Also a lot of games tend to crash on me giving me the error message

'X.exe has stopped working' either leaving me to click close the program or kill it via task manager.

System:

Intel i5 2500k at Stock Settings
EVGA GTX 580 SC
8GB RipJawsX (2x4GB Sticks)
Asus P8P67 Pro Motherboard
Win7 Ultimate (64 Bit)

A:BSOD During Gaming - BSOD's include dxgmms.sys, win32k.sys

Welcome aboard, EvilPengy.

Let us start from applying a known good stable driver version.
Download and install Driver Fusion.
Reboot the computer in Advanced Boot Options, safe mode. Search Driver Fusion in your start menu, and remove all components of your nVidia display driver.
Boot normally now. Go to Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers, Drivers > Beta and Legacy; search there with your cards particulars for GeForce 306.23 Driver, dated 13.9.2012 and install it.
Then, stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

And, Stress test the video memory, too.
|MG| Video Memory Stress Test 1.7.116 Download

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/268534-bsod-during-gaming-bsods-include-dxgmms-sys-win32k-sys.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,
Im finding that i normally get a BSOD (Bad Pool Header) when playing high graphics games. The system will then restart over and over.

I have to switch off the PC and then leave it for a while before coming back to it.

What i have done:
Updated all the drivers
Ran Memory test - no errors
Ran blue screen view and each BSOD is reported as NTOSKRNL.exe

DM Tool uploaded any help greatly appreciated

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/70098-bsod-usually-when-high-end-gaming-but-then-will-loop-bsod-startup.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi guy,

i need help trying to solve the BSOD while happened during gaming primary, usually
in starcraft 2, or diablo 3 beta.

The weird things is my sound get corrupted for about 10 second before the BSOD happen.

I have tried updating my sound card drivers and switching between the asus DG sound card and the onboard sound card but the problem still exist.

My hardware:
CPU : core i7 920
mobo : Asus GENE III
RAM : G.skill 6gb ram
Drive : intel g2 ssd, western digital 3TB
graphics card: nvidia geforce gtx570
sound card : ASUS Xonar DG

thanks in advance

A:BSOD while gaming & corrupted sound before BSOD

Asacpi.sys

The pre 2009 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.
Yours is 2005.

Quote:
Please visit this link: Asus tek computer inc. -support- drivers and download p7p55d le

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS P5K-VM

Scroll down to the utilities category, then scroll down to the "atk0110 driver for windowsxp/vista/windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).

Download and install it.

Go to c:\windows\system32\drivers to check and make sure that the asacpi.sys file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (not before).

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/223011-bsod-while-gaming-corrupted-sound-before-bsod.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I just bought a new laptop, it's Toshiba L300. I loved it so much, but then I tried to run Sims 2 in it and it's so slow even though I already lowered all the settings, it's still slow. Now my questions is: Can I increase the specs of my laptop so I can play games in it especially Sims 2 and 4?

A:Is it possible to make my laptop a gaming laptop?

Laptops are very difficult to upgrade. If money was no object, you might be able to do something, but practically speaking you are stuck with what you have.

There are "gaming" laptops, but they are quite expensive compared to a desktop. And they are prone to high temperatures and expensive to repair.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/369844-possible-make-my-laptop-gaming-laptop.html
Relevancy 41.71%

hi Guys ! I was thinking of getting a MSI gaming laptop. here are that 2 models which now I selected. can you suggest your idea about both 2 models..

I like to buy this..but its has AMD processor & AMD Radeon R9 M290X VGA.
http://www.msi.com/product/nb/GX60_Destroyer.html#hero-overview
and this one
http://www.msi.com/product/nb/GE60_2PE_Apache_Pro.html#hero-overview

please suggest your idea..thanks

A:help for buy MSI Gaming Laptop

Similar performance. Just a matter of chipset preference. Intel/nVidia or AMD/ATI

Although the intel build has a better audio chipset.

Warranty should be the same for both, so it boils down to brand preference and/or price.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-for-buy-msi-gaming-laptop.1130002/
Relevancy 41.71%

I mostly play WoW and D3. I was looking to get a new razer blade but I am not sure if that will be able to play other games on a high setting? I know I could get a different laptop with better specs, but I like the slim feature of the blade.

any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Ryan

Relevancy 41.71%

Hello, I was looking at getting a laptop for gaming. I play games like L4D, CSS, TF2, and others and was just wondering what would be a good gaming laptop that won't be outdated in a couple of years but won't cost alot of money. I am in Canada and would prefer someone to link me to a Canadian site with Canadian products. And also what brand is best for laptops?
Thanks

A:Best gaming laptop.

Most likely i would try alien ware....
their products are very reliable, and not always as expensive as you may think as long as you don't go overboard.
http://www.alienware.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-gaming-laptop.769809/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey guys i need a laptop for gaming. AMD or Intel anything is ok. My Max budget is 65000 Rs INR ie 1444$ . Pls help me to select a good one.

A:Need a laptop for gaming

I would prefer Alienware

Alienware Gaming Laptops | Dell | Dell

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/46119-need-laptop-gaming.html
Relevancy 41.71%

hi
I need a bit of help. the screen of my laptop recently broke so that gives em an opportunity to buy a new laptop. there is only one thing i care about and that is that i want it to be able to run DA3 when it comes out. the requirements is in the link at the bottom, but don't really know much about computers, som getting, some recommendations and/or pointers would be nice.

http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=1883&game=Dragon Age 3: Inquisition

A:looking to buy a gaming laptop

I got my gaming laptop a few years ago and haven't had any problems running Saints Row 4 on max..
I like my Asus ROG (Republic Of Games) G73JW. http://www.asus.com/ROG_ROG/G73Jw
It's pretty big and heavy to haul around though. They have several configurations of the new model. http://www.asus.com/ROG_ROG/Notebooks_Products/
You might be able to find an older model like mine on Amazon a little cheaper than a current ones.

You concerned about battery life, size, or weight?
Fair warning, most "gaming" laptops have very poor battery life and are often heavier than regular laptops.

Just pick a few and read reviews of them. Amazon, Newegg, places like that. see if the positive comments overwhelmingly beat the negative. Even then, remember some new items can be bad or the person just didn't know how to setup or use it right. Read both, positive and negative on the ones your considering, then just go for it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-to-buy-a-gaming-laptop.1110737/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi , due to unforseen circumstances i have been left with only my trusty old laptop to play World Of Warcraft .. I have a packard bell easynote F7280 which has 64 mb shared ram graphics .The problem is sometimes i'm only getting 2 or 3 frames per second .As you can imagine this is quite frustrating so i was wondering if anyone knew a way i could improve the performance of the gameplay ??? Thanks in advance for any help you can give .

A:gaming on a laptop

The only thing you will be able to add to that laptop is ram, thats it.

I don't believe that that laptop will ever be able to play that game.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-on-a-laptop.89339/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey Im entertaining the idea of purchasing a gaming/video editing rig laptop with ok specs, I know Lenovo pumped out the y700 with a sub 970 Graphics card, and Asus seems decent with it's G series, 551. Price point below $2,000. Can anyone chime in and offer some tips?

A:Gaming laptop

I've got a Lenovo Y50-70 (the 2.6 GHz to 3.6GHz variant), and it handles intense graphics and calculations (molecular dynamics) pretty well - of course not as good as a full-rigged desktop would. I'd recommend a Lenovo of an equal or higher specification since I've got one, but I can't speak for Asus.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/general-tablet-laptop-discussion/395255-gaming-laptop.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi,
I am Tara Covell.
I have think to buy a good gaming monitor under $900. I like to playing online games regularly. So, would you tell me best gaming monitor which enhancing my gaming experience.
I have seen some articles. I see the Dell 15.6-Inch Gaming Laptop(6th Gen Intel Quad-Core i5-6300HQ Processor up to 3.2GHz, 8GB DDR3, 256GB SSD, Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M, Windows 10) under $900. 
So, tell me "it is good enough or not".

A:Gaming Laptop

As long as you realize that for under $1,000, you're going to be buying  a compromise between gaming and price, it's a decent system.  It will absolutely NOT allow you to play high-hardware-demand games without reducing the video settings -- the 960M is a capable chip but it's low-end these days where gaming is concerned.  
If you're looking for top-level gaming, double your budget for a notebook OR buy a desktop system.  $900 can buy or build a very capable gaming desktop with a very good 970 or 10xx GPU in it -- an order of magnitude better than any notebook available at that price point.
The rule of two still applies - a $900 notebook will give you the performance of a $450 desktop, or looked at the other way, you'll pay $1,800 or more for a notebook that gets you what a $900 desktop does.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996899
Relevancy 41.71%

Any body help me find good laptops for gaming..it should be dell

Personally, I'd stay away from Dell; they have a bad track record when it comes to support.

If you're looking for OEM companies, Asus is the best in my opinion; their laptops are reasonably priced and come with some pretty good components.

If you want to try something different, go with a system builder; XoticPC is pretty good according to reviews. I've talked with their customer support and they are fantastic. They'll help you make a pretty good build, and their prices are not too crazy. They're a bit more expensive than other system builders, but the extra price is worth the great support and reassurance that what you get has been quality tested, will work to your satisfaction and also give you a great warranty.

If you're steadfast about Dell, then go with the XPS series and get at least a 15 inch laptop; anything less than that is not gonna do you justice in the parts nor the screen resolution.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-laptop.172048/
Relevancy 41.71%

I want to make my laptop in a gaming system. (nothing too flashy) I was wondering what upgrades as far as sound, video, memory i should make. Can u help?

not much you CAN upgrade on a laptop. can go

with an Extigy for sound , upgrade the memory to 512mb or so if your system will support it, video, your stuck with onboard.
the lcd screen will suck for gaming also.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-laptop.109828/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi, I've been searching for a decent laptop for uni which I'll be using for almost everything, including occasional games.

I was wondering whether these laptops would suffice for playing demanding games such as COD:MF2...
https://www.staples.co.uk/technolog...ghtview-display-windows-7-home-premium-64-bit

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/Asus_X5DAB-SX028V_Windows_7_Laptop_X5DAB-SX028V/version.asp

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/Acer_Aspire_5738G_Laptop_LX.PEX02.045/version.asp

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/Acer_Aspire_5740G_Laptop_LX.PMF02.061/version.asp

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/Samsung_R522-JS01UK_Laptop_NP-R522-JS01UK/version.asp
Would there be much difference between them?

Many Thanks,
-UNR3ALXV

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-laptop.910600/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey, I've been a PC gamer for only a short time. I am looking at a gaming laptop, and I don't know how good the mobile parts are. here is what I am looking at.

AMD Athlon 64 3400+ mobile
Radeon 9600 mobility
512mb of ram.

Anyone know if this will keep me going for the next few years playing most of the newer games? I can easily upgrade the ram, because I know 512 is sub standard these days.

Thanks. Kainy.

Relevancy 41.71%

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong area but it seemed best suited.

I am looking to buy a laptop for games. My budget is around $1400. I was thinking about getting an alienware m14x that is essentially the middle one on their website and thought I should get a more expert opinion before making such a large purchase. If anyone has any suggestions about what laptop to get or how to build the m14x the best I can on my budget it'd be very much appreciated.

Fjork

A:Looking to buy a gaming laptop

Hello Fjork and welcome to the forums

I'm not familiar with the m14x, but I'll have a look at the specs and reviews now.

Have you considered a gaming desktop at all? Just to confirm, so I can look at prices etc., are you from the states?

The m14x is highly customisable so it would help us if you told us the specs you were thinking about getting

Tom

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/296508-looking-buy-gaming-laptop.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I am getting a laptop for college and was wondering what is the best I can get for the price range of $900-$1300. I've been looking, but am having a hard time determining what will run the games I want since they are compared based on desktop configurations. I really want to be able to play the games Elder Scrolls: Oblivian, F.E.A.R., WoW, and Half-Life 2.

Thx for any help

A:Gaming Laptop Help

unfortunately Laptops designed with gaming in mind are very expensive. Alienware makes some and so does ABS. But they charge an arm and a leg for them. What you have to look at is what the system requirements are for the games and then look for a laptop that meets or exceeds those requirements. A budget of $1300 is not a lot I am afraid.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-laptop-help.466566/
Relevancy 41.71%

I'm getting some lag on Portal when graphics are maxed. I'm thinking my GPU is the bottleneck here, but here are the specs:

8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 RAM
Intel Core i7 740 QM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 1 GB GDDR3
500 GB 7200 RPM HDD
1920x1080 OLED multi-touch LCD

Also, it gets pretty hot when I'm running like this. My laptop is barely thicker than a netbook which makes me wonder if a more powerful GPU will even fit in there.

A:Laptop Gaming

There's no point thinking about other GPU's unless the 1 you have is removable which I doubt it is. The GPU (and subsiquent memory) is mounted on the mainboard.

The main problem is that 'mobile' GPU's just don't have the same power as their desktop counterparts and as such, running high performance games/apps will require more than the mobile GPU can offer (depending on in-game settings).

Saying that, you have a very impressive laptop and i'm now highly jealous but i'd look at lowering some of the in-game/app GFX settings and see if the problem still arises.

Another thing to note (and it's just me having my 'standard' head on lol) is that you need to make sure that all fan/heatsync ports have plenty of space as this can cause overheating.

OS

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/119931-laptop-gaming.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a new gaming laptop for about £800 and so far i've come across these two systems.
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=LT-062-AC
&
http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/range.html?t=nb&c=gaming&r=X55
Now the version from Overclockers seems to have everything i want while the one at Novatech will need an OS adding to it and the hard drive upgraded which will cost another £100 on the listed price.

So as you can see the Novatech system will cost more but thats not what i'm really fussed with, I want to know which system will be best for gaming and video editing. If you have another system that you think i should look at then please link it.

Thanks guys. MDK.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-laptop.844503/
Relevancy 41.71%

So... I have about $1500 to spend on a decent gaming laptop but I'm not sure what I should get. I know I want Blu-Ray, 18" screen with 1920x1080, able to play crysis, unreal tournament 3, sins of a solar empire, sims 2 and also be able to watch full screen movies from places like tudou.com. I kinda like the Sony VAIO AW series but want to know if there was a laptop with a tad bit better processor.

Maybe the Gateway P-7801u. It has a 1920 by 1200 screen, and a 9800M GTS graphics card, which beats the VAIO. There's no blu-ray, but you could get an external drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-laptop.124773/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi people.

I am here again in need of your help. You guys always steer me well.

I am looking for a laptop. It will be used for writing (Word). However, I will be using it for gaming. I won't play the latest games, but I want it to be able to play some of the good games. Budget £400-£600.

I like Lenovo thinkpads. So much choice, some of the graphic cards look weak. Not sure what to get. Dell?

A:Laptop for gaming - £400-£600

I recommend the £579 option on this page.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-for-gaming-%C2%A3400-%C2%A3600.124832/
Relevancy 41.71%

Between Lenovo IdeaPadY500 and MSI GE40 20C-009UC which one is comfortable for Gaming in high graphic?
Lenovo IdeaPad Y500

MSI GE40 2OC-009US
Check the original source of this two computer here

A:Laptop for Gaming

Welcome to seven Forums Deborah.

Based on these reviews, I'd definitely go with the Lenovo, much less money and and the only con is short battery life, while the MSI they say gets very hot.

Lenovo IdeaPad Y500 Review & Rating | PCMag.com

MSI GE40 2OC-009US Review & Rating | PCMag.com

The MSI machine does have better hardware though.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/321285-laptop-gaming.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey there friendly folks I'm looking for a nice gaming laptop I'm going to start at a university in August and I gaming Looking laptop to buy need a laptop because of the mobility My budget lies at around euro maximum I'm unsure about this though if I can get a lot of extra durability in terms of how long the GPU will last for gaming for Looking to buy gaming laptop a bit Looking to buy gaming laptop more money then I could Looking to buy gaming laptop raise my budget a bit keep in mind that euro thus doesn't mean I necessarily want to spend that much The GTX and will be released soon and I'm wondering if this might result in a price drop and if there will be mobile laptop versions of these cards Because in that case I'd like to wait a bit instead of buying one now to see if prices might drop What I'm looking for quot or quot screen x minimum Nvidia GPU GTX or up preferably Intel i or i CPU haswell or up preferably Atleast TB HDD Preferably atleast GB SSD not required Windows Atleast GB Ram HDMI port Atleast USB ports All other specs I don't really care all that much about but maybe I'm forgetting something It might seem like a long list but it just comes down to 'a nice gaming laptop' hahaha About the screen I'm unsure what size to choose A friend of mine has a quot MSI and when I look at it it doesn't look all that big but I'm worried that it might be a hassle to take it to university every day and if the tables there will be big enough hahaha So a quot might be a safer bet But I don't care all that much A few of my friends recently bought MSI laptops and they seem really great There aren't a lot of gaming laptop brands and alienware and razer are awfully overpriced Asus has some gaming notbooks laptops but I don't know what the quality of those are The Asus brand doesn't sound very good to me I don't know why I am currently using a Samsung Ativ Book which has suprised me a lot I don't think highly of Samsung and thats an understatement but this one is really performing much better than expected haha But it's time to move on to something better Any advice would be greatly appreciated Kind regards Christian SirBaas

A:Looking to buy gaming laptop

If you can, look into Eurocom to see what you can get for your budget. They have some good laptops and are fully upgradable usually.

Other than that, I've had 2 MSI's and loved 'em. Asus G75 and up series are good and get really good reviews so they're also an option.

IMO I wouldn't really go Alienware or Razer, because like you said they're fairly overpriced for what they are.

The MSI's (and Asus that I had) were all 17" and it was nice for a gaming laptop. You can always hook up a larger display, but for mobile gaming, 17" IMO is plenty fine. One thing you'll definitely want is A GOOD BACKPACK! I carried around 17" gaming laptops for 3 years at college...and I can't stress enough at getting a good / comfortable backpack. Spend the cash to get one with plenty of pockets/storage (you'll be carrying a power brick with you for sure), for laptop, books, accessories.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f84/looking-buy-gaming-laptop-277614/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi there,What would be a good gaming laptop? I heard that Lenovo makes the best laptops. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. I hope that i'm posting in the right forum.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Best-gaming-laptop/td-p/3474048
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi there,What would be a good gaming laptop? I heard that Lenovo makes the best laptops. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. I hope that i'm posting in the right forum.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Best-gaming-laptop/td-p/3474048
Relevancy 41.71%

I am looking for a nice gaming laptop within for about $1000. I would prefer 512 video memory (not shared), 3 or 4 gigs of RAM, a 2.2 Ghz duo core processor or faster, and a hard drive running at 7200 rpm. I found this one http://www.gateway.com/systems/product/529668156.php?tab=specs, but I am afraid that there are some little details about buying a gaming laptop that I am missing. Is this a good laptop or should I look elsewhere?

A:gaming laptop

If you want the Gateway laptop, go ahead. But I would recommend also looking at the Dell XPS series. They offer some great budget computers, and very decent power too!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-laptop.736114/
Relevancy 41.71%

Guys,

Can anyone tell me how good this GPU is for gaming laptop, what its expected performance in games. Can i run BF3 on high for example:

GPU: 2GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660M

I'm struggling to find any information on the internet such as reviews and comparisons especially FPS?

Thanks.
Never.

You should compare the laptop to the system requirements of any game you want to play. It's always a good idea to buy above the minimum, as high as possible, so that the laptop will not be obsolete when the next games come out.

But laptops in general are not meant for gaming. They are designed for portability and low energy use. Some exceptions exist, like Alienware and Origen PC.

See here: Top 10 Gaming Laptops

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-laptop.1086197/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello guys!
I have been looking fr a new gaming laptop and found this one: Dell Inspiron i7559-763BLK: 15.6 inches, Core i5, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD

What do you guys think about this Dell gaming laptop? - I have readed a lots og reviews, and at the end this reviews from laptoporacle.com convinced me that I should buy this Dell Inspiron!

Dell Inspiron i7559-763BLK: 15.6 inches, Core i5, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD - LaptopOracle

I have found a good price on amazon but do you guys have a better idea of which laptop I should buy than this one for $ 799?

Greeting,

Jack Woodwild

A:What do you think about this gaming laptop

Welcome to Techist

Did you read the review you linked? I think it answers your question already.

Quote:

- Dreadful screen
- Inconsistent game performance

I'd say from those first 2 cons, find another notebook

http://www.techist.com/forums/f84/what-do-you-think-about-gaming-laptop-276323/
Relevancy 41.71%

do any of you know any decent laptops that would be good for gaming (i don't excatly mean doom 3, but more morrowind-ish) that fall inbetween 1,000$ and 1,500$?

if not, then what should i look for in the ram, the processor and the graphics system? thanks! btw, i like both AMD and Intel so i don't play favorites.

A:a gaming laptop for under 1,500$???

dell, gateway, hp, toshiba all offer decent laptops at that price. look for the video card to have 64mb video ram, preferably 128. a Pentium 4 processor or AMD XP with HT. 512 mb ram. preferably 1 gig. dell is the 5150. just look around.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-gaming-laptop-for-under-1-500.258186/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello,   I just ordered the following laptop off of Amazon: Newest 2016 Acer 15.6" 1080P Gaming Laptop / 16GB RAM / Latest Intel i5 6200U (2.80GHz Turbo) / Nvidia 940M Graphics / 1TB Hard Drive      The model shows B01DOU2LPE  but I cannot find this on the website.  Any information on this?  It has a great price and a good review.   Thanks  Mark

A:New Gaming Laptop

Search for the E series Acer models. Jack E/NJ

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/New-Gaming-Laptop/td-p/441966
Relevancy 41.71%

My old laptop finally went "kaput", now I'm looking for a gaming laptop. I've been looking into some Alien Ware computers, but they seem to have a lot of negative sides to them (from the reviews I've been reading that is).

Would any of you have any recommendations?

I was looking to spend no more than $1300.

Relevancy 41.71%

Hello Everyone!

I've purchased a laptop today off tigerdirect for some gaming since my PC that I have now is ancient and can only run WoW on low settings, it's awful I know. I wasn't looking to go all out, but I did spend about $600 with tax/shipping.

I don't know much when it comes to GPU and their models etc..so I've come here to ask for your expertise. I'm looking to run WoW, Diablo 3 and some other games off of Steam.

Here's the rig.

Acer Aspire AS7750G
It has:
- 17,3" - 44 cm HD+ LED (1600 x 900)
- Intel Core i5 2450M (2,5 GHz, 3 MB L3)
- 4 GB DDR3 1066 MHz (with empty slot)
- 500 GB SATA 5400 rpm
- AMD Radeon HD 7670 1 GB Dedicated
- 6-cell Li-Ion, 49 W battery
Can someone tell me what to expect running Diablo 3, WoW and some of the newer games out?

Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

Relevancy 41.71%

Hello I m pretty happy about this new laptop im getting for Xmas here are the specs all on my budget -Sager NP Built on clevo W ET - quot FHD gaming new laptop my matte screen x -nVidia GeForce GTX M MB PCI-Express GDDR DX w Optimus - rd Generation Intel Ivy Bridge Core i - QM - GHz stock w Factory overclocking - GB - DDR MHz Dual Channel RAM -DUAL GB Intel Series SSDs w RAID- -Bigfoot Networks Killer Wireless-N Bluetooth Dual Band FREE promo my new gaming laptop And most of the bells and whistles IC Diamond Thermal Compound - CPU GPU COPPER COOLING UPGRADE - Extra Cooling Copper Heatsinks Applied to the Heatsink Heatpipes and factory benchmarked overclocking all for a little over with tax i am new at buying custom built machines But with the my new gaming laptop time i put into reasearching this purchase i think i ve done pretty well Feel free to comment leave your opinions Thanks SagerNP Built on Clevo W ET nbsp

A:my new gaming laptop

over kill for a laptop. The idea of a laptop is portablility...u need a fork lift truck for a Sager
Might as well have gotten a desktop, for that price you would have a rig that would stomp the competition

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-new-gaming-laptop.1081169/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey I m looking to buy a new mid range laptop for gaming Mainly just LOL at the moment and I know both of these would handle it fine but I m wondering which would be the best performing laptop so if anyone can help me out that d be cool - http www trademe co nz Browse Listing aspx id Cpu- Processor Intel Core i Gen M Processor GHz with Turbo Boost up to GHz MB L cache FSB duel core Ram- gb Graphics card- Graphics NVIDIA Geforce GT gaming? Which for laptop would better be M MB Dedicated Graphics supporting Which laptop would be better for gaming? Microsoft Direct X - http www trademe co nz Browse Listing aspx id Cpu-The Lastest rd generation Intel Core i - QM Processor GHz with Turbo Boost up to GHz quad core Ram- gb Graphcs card- NVIDIA GeForce GT M - GB Dedicated Video Ram Basically has the better gfx card but it is only a duel core with a worse processor Either one has more Which laptop would be better for gaming? than enough ram I m wondering if laptop with the better processor aswell as being a quad core will out perform when it comes to gaming even though it has a better gfx card due to it being a duel core with the worse processor Any help and advice is appreciated thanks nbsp

A:Which laptop would be better for gaming?

Both of those graphics cards are low-end and pretty lame, so you won't be going much hardcore gaming.

Option 2 is better for you, though, IMO. I think LoL is more CPu dependent.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-laptop-would-be-better-for-gaming.188003/
Relevancy 41.71%

I was wondering what would be a good gaming laptop that doesnt break the budget so bad like the alienwares but is capable of playing: cs:s, bf2, WoW, Oblivion, and a couple of others at decent settings. Also what would be the best graphics chips for a laptop? thanks

For about $1500 you should get a descent laptop from Asus. Check out their website.

Regards,

Korrupt

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-laptop.57842/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello,   I just ordered the following laptop off of Amazon: Newest 2016 Acer 15.6" 1080P Gaming Laptop / 16GB RAM / Latest Intel i5 6200U (2.80GHz Turbo) / Nvidia 940M Graphics / 1TB Hard Drive      The model shows B01DOU2LPE  but I cannot find this on the website.  Any information on this?  It has a great price and a good review.   Thanks  Mark

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/New-Gaming-Laptop/td-p/441966/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi Guys,
i'm just about to buy this laptop for £953 (with no OS)
Serious strategy gaming is among one of its main uses on new games like
medieval 2 total war,black and white 2 and many other demanding games.

Will this system be able to play these games with there graphic and detail settings set at the highest and still play them smoothly.
thanks for any advice and any help on alternative gaming laptops for a budget of £1100 would be appreciated.

Titan T2 7200 Laptop

17" X-Brite Widescreen
Intel Core Duo T7200 2.0GHz Processor
2048MB DDR2 667MHz Memory
160GB SATA Hard Drive
ATI Mobility Radeon x1600 256MB PCI Express Graphics
7.1 Azalia High Definition Audio
DVDR Multi Burner
56K Internal Modem
Built in Gigabit LAN & 54g Wireless LAN

Relevancy 41.71%

Hey guys! I am looking for a gaming laptop that would be handle games like BF3, TF2, L4D2, Etc. but I am having trouble finding out what would be the best computer for the lowest price. I need some suggestions! The cheaper the better and the appeal is important to me. I would like to be able to run the games listed above with like 60+ fps. Please leave some suggestions

A:Gaming laptop under $1,000

Option 1:
http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/...-category-id=AC523278A4F13F27A84F5F5622D1AC7A

Has a GTX660M, 8GB of RAM, 3rd Gen i7, and a 1080P display. It comes with Windows 8 since the Windows 7 ones are gone. I wouldn't recommend this at this moment since last week there were 2 other models with a 500GB HDD @7200rpms, which is what you want, not 5400RPM. They are sold out though, maybe they will replenish for xmas since revenues will be released for Q4 soon, or maybe not. Also the 660M may struggle at 60fps on BF @ 1080p, it will play high at constant 40-50 fps (guessing from past experience but not completely sure)

Option 2:
http://www.sagernotebook.com/index.php?page=category_browse&selected_cat=9

Chose from the configuration you would like. This is MUCH more custimizable and they are great laptops, I would recommend this more.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-laptop-under-1-000.188178/
Relevancy 41.71%

Are laptops good for gaming. Thinking to buy my son one. He doesn't have room for a full size computer. Like to keep under $700.00.

thanks,

Bob

Relevancy 41.71%

I want help trying to run warcraft 3 on my laptop because i have successfully installed the game and when i try to go to Battle.Net it downloads the updates and then it says restart warcraft 3 to apply the upgrades and when i restart it, it says "An Error Occurred When Applying the Upgrades". This only seems to be a problem on my laptop and not my other desktop computers.

Please Help.

A:Help with gaming on my laptop

Tell us the laptop brand and model, or the configuration. The problem is usuall that Warcraft 3 won't work on many laptops... due to memory, audio capabilities, of video graphics hardware or drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-gaming-on-my-laptop.107389/
Relevancy 41.71%

Not sure if this is the best place to post this.... if this is an inappropriate location i apologize in advance. I am looking to get a gaming laptop with dual sli gefore 8600 video card so i can play direct x 10 video games. My Budget is $2000. Whats the best laptop i can get in my budget?

It would be a first for me to see a laptop with dual sli... that's only in desktops.

The majority of laptops are not suitable for gaming, especially if it's going to be DX10 and possibly Vista.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-laptop.658841/
Relevancy 41.71%

So I compared these two laptops but I can't tell which one is better for gaming (I have very little knowledge about this things). Can somebody please help me?

http://compare.tech-details.com/652619/

I am not a professional but I do like playing games online with my grandkids. Two things I see that really make a difference for gaming are RAM and a graphics card. The purchase of my last laptop I got 12GB RAM and a 2 GB NVidia graphics card. I would say a minimum of 4 GB RAM and 1 GB graphics cards would be what you want to keep the game running properly...and for some online games that may not be enough. If you have a particular game you like to play, check on their website and see what their minimum requirements are. Then you might want to get a little better than that if you want good graphics on the game.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-laptop.1097095/
Relevancy 41.71%

I m looking for a new gaming laptop - Unfortunately due to my current living situation it MUST be a laptop - Preferably quot screen with x resolution or quot screen - I know I don t need it for gaming but I d still prefer an i - Minimum of GB RAM preferably GB RAM but no more than GB - Weight is not an issue - SSD not required but certainly welcome - Looking Looking new laptop for gaming a to play games on Max High settings with fps with a Looking for a new gaming laptop GTX M or GTX M SLI -Must have a optical drive -Must have a built in mic -Webcam optional -Battery life is irrelevant because I will be plugged in whenever in use budget I ve done a little bit of research and I know I DON T want an Alienware ASUS Dell Acer or Lenovo I ve been considering a configuration of a Sager laptop from xoticpc com but I m open to recommendations hence this thread If anyone has any recommendations for a configuration of a gaming laptop that exactly or closely fits these requirements I d appreciate them Again unfortunately it MUST be a laptop nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

I was originally in the 4-500 dollar range, but i thought if i sold my 360 and all its games might be able to get something more.

Whats frustrating me is that pretty much everywhere i go, its the same thing as in the 4-500 dollar range except with a dual core i5 instead of a dual core i3 (they are both dual core, clock speed doesnt matter that much to me).

What is the best laptop i can get? i dont need to run the most graphically intensive games, but i want to have a fast laptop and be able to play skyrim on high ish settings.

I mean, a 520m is good, but i can get a laptop with that for 500...same with APUs, etc.
So i want BETTER.

A:Looking for a gaming laptop under $700

Try this websites

Try GR-Tek If you are in Australia
If in America, try iBUYPOWER

I'm not allowed to post links yet, so ya gonna have to search it up for now in Google

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-a-gaming-laptop-under-700.175509/
Relevancy 41.71%

Heya guys,

Looking at getting my misses a decent gaming laptop but under £500. (I know you can't get a great one with that budget.. but its all I can afford before christmas!).

Been looking at a few but im not 100% sure on which laptop graphics cards are best in at the minute.

Would really appriciate any help anyone can give with a few links and stuff

Cheers,
Matt

Are you completely sure you want a laptop rather then a desktop? They're hot, have a relatively short lifespan, lack upgradability and will be considerably less powerful then a desktop of equivelant price.

If you're sure it's got to be a laptop though, Dell and ASUS are both of a reasonable quality, Alienware make some of the best high end ones but are a bit outside your budget.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-laptop.1028651/
Relevancy 41.71%

hey so i'm going to college soon and im looking for a good laptop. Price range max is 1200-1400... MAXX!! preferably less.... I'd like it to be able to run games and do pretty much everything. It doesn't have to be one of those extreme alienware laptops though because im not really a gamer... I'd just like it to be able to run some simple games if i wanted to play them. such as spore or other games... but i'd still like it to be fast and be able to run those games, not necessarily with perfect clarity or on the highest graphics levels.

Relevancy 41.71%

I got employee of the month at my work so they're giving me my choice of laptop from the vendors they work with. Basically I can choose a top of the line laptop from Dell, Compaq, HP, or Toshiba. Any thoughts on which is currently the best laptop out there for gaming??

A:Best Gaming Laptop?

I think all those are good makes of computer. If it is mainly for games then look at the graphics set up in them and then go for the fastest one with most memory

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-gaming-laptop.95325/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey guys would this laptop be good for $950

processor type CORE I5-2410
processor speed 2.3GHZ
L2 cache size n/a
system memory 6 GB DDR3 RAM
hard drive capacity 750 GB
drives included LightScribe super multi DVD Double layer
screen size 15.6
screen type BrightView wide screen
video memory 1 GB
video/graphic chip BUILT IN

A:Gaming laptop?

Do you know the actual name/model of the graphic chip?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-laptop.166819/
Relevancy 41.71%

I was looking to get another pc and I was thinking of getting a laptop or "desktop replacement." I've been looking around at all the custom sites like adk and puget and I'm not really sure what to look for. I've also been looking at those Dell XPS laptops. Basically what I'd like to know is a) what's the difference between the different processors available b) what should I look for in a graphics card and c) how do I know I'm getting a good deal. As far as graphics go, I'm looking to play next-gen stuff like UT2k7 and whatever else's coming out in the near future. Thanks in advance for any info.

A:Looking for gaming laptop

in my opinion... Alienware makes the only "real" gaming laptop. I say this because they use desktop CPUs (Athlon64 FX and Athlon64 X2), where as other so-called "gaming laptops" such as the Dell XPS models use the Intel Pentium-M CPU. Athlon64 CPU's by design are superior to Pentiums... especially when it comes to gaming.

To sujest anything for you however, we need to know how much you are willing to spend.

Whatever you decide to do, you need to realize that laptops are generally not upgradeable (except for adding RAM, or a mini-pci card). So what may be a top-of -the-line laptop today, will still be a nice machine in 2 years.... but will not be able to play the newest games anymore.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-for-gaming-laptop.445766/
Relevancy 41.28%

I am buying a new gaming laptop as a gift to my son for graduating Boot Camp (Navy). I have a max budget of $2500 but I would prefer to keep it in the $2000 area if possible.

Requirements:
17"+ HD Screen
Blu-Ray ODD
Minimum 256GB SSD would prefer 500GB
1TB Storage HDD
GeForce 980m (unless I am overlooking a better option)
24GB DDR3L 1600MHz SDRAM (Again if there is a better option)
Intel i7 4720HQ 2.6Ghz (Better option...blah, blah, blah)
Windows 7 Pro-64bit (can download the free upgrade to Win10 for a later install)

I think that hits most of my concerns. If there is a screaming deal on something and I just need to order an additional hard drive and install it or something that isn't a big deal. As long as the total package stays under budget. Thanks for your help.

A:Gaming Laptop Purchase

This is the system I am currently considering and I need to make a purchase within the next week.
ASUS ROG G751JY-DB72 G-Sync Gaming Laptop Intel Core i7 4720HQ (2.60GHz) 24GB Memory 1TB HDD 256GB SSD NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M 4 GB GDDR5 17.3" Windows 8.1 64-Bit - Newegg.com

http://www.techist.com/forums/f84/gaming-laptop-purchase-275995/
Relevancy 41.28%

I wanted to know what parts of my computer are upgradable and cant find anything,
wanted to know if my graphics card is upgradable and my icore5 was too.
Specs:Newegg.com - Acer Aspire V3-571G-6622 Notebook Intel Core i5 3230M (2.60GHz) 4GB Memory 500GB HDD NVIDIA GeForce GT 730M 15.6" Windows 8 64-Bit

A:What in my gaming laptop is upgradable?

You can upgrade your ram and maybe a new HD/SSD im not 100% sure on that one, someone else will confirm, CPU and GPU aren't upgradeable on a laptop, you would have to spend ALOT of money and therefor it would be cheaper buying a new laptop or Tower.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/325819-what-my-gaming-laptop-upgradable.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Greetings again. I am looking to get a laptop simply because its so darn mobile. Is gaming on a laptop viable?

I understand how memory is shared in a laptop and this is shared for the video and cpu. My biggest concern is battery and heat. I have heard that both are issues.

Can you DIY a laptop like you can a desktop or is this best left the brand names?

A:Laptop for gaming, is this viable?

Well gaming on mobile is more than just viable, I know plenty of people who do it over having a desktop because of the exact same reason, being mobile.

As for heat, as long as you buy a decent gaming laptop from a reputable brand, you don't have to worry, only a few gaming laptops I have ever seen with issues that are caused from heat.

My suggestions for brands are as follow:

MSI

Asus
Sager

All three have decent cooling solutions and good prices. I personally have an MSI GT70 with a i7 and a GTX 675m. Most gaming laptops will automatically have an i7 which on the mobile will be more than enough for the CPU, the GPU tends to be the area you run into trouble. Mobile GPU's are not nearly as powerful as the names suggest, a GTX 675m for instance is not anywhere near a Desktop GTX 670. So you are going to spend a lot of money to get a decent gaming laptop that will do games like BF3, what games do you play?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-for-gaming-is-this-viable.196644/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi I was wondering what is a stable/safe CPU temp for a gaming laptop?
on speedfan im getting a reading of while running a game. is this good or bad?
HD0 32C
Temp1 53-55
GPU 53-55
core 53-55

A:CPU temp while gaming on laptop

We need to know the specs of your computer. Download a program called 'speccy', and give us the details, along with your laptop model name.

But, that being said, 55c while in a game is excellent for a laptop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-temp-while-gaming-on-laptop.190468/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello SF,
I hope someone can help me out here.
I'm looking to buy a laptop and my budget is 1700 USD / 10.000 DKK
I will primarely use it for gaming but as a work pc too :P
What parts should I order and is there perhaps some sick new CPUs or graphic cards on the market that could make it really fast.
Thanks in advance, I appreciate you guys always being so helpful

A:Building a gaming laptop

How about an Alienware?

Alienware Laptops - Custom Gaming Laptops and Notebooks

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/208424-building-gaming-laptop.html
Relevancy 41.28%

hello, my friend has a brand new xbox 360 with elder scrolls 4: oblivion. Ok that game is freaking sweet. I want it. I been recently interested in buying a laptop to play because i am constantly on the go and quite frankly dont have the time to sit at home and play it on a 360. It would be awesome to play on some of those long train rides. I am wondering if anyone knows a gaming laptop that would run oblivion well. My spending limit is 1200 please someone help me its very important.Also if anyone knows where i can get a inspiron xps gen 2 for 1200 that would be cool. thanks in advance for any comments.
Click Here to Email Me​

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-laptop-help-needed.52380/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have heard mixed opinions on this so simply how do they compare?

The amd 64 x2 4400 (what i will be using but really any of the x2's, also ill be using this in college so id assume the dual core is better) vs the intel pentium M's.

How do the Geforce PCI-E 7800 Go with gddr3 256mb compare to the quadro fx go 1400 256mb graphics cards?

thanks in advance
-Cheflee

A:Amd x2 vs intel m for laptop gaming...

Can you really find the AMD X2 in a laptop?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/amd-x2-vs-intel-m-for-laptop-gaming.437036/
Relevancy 41.28%

I found a couple that are pretty outstanding An Asus laptop that is phenomenal Display quot FHD LED x Glossy Video Card MB DDR ATI Radeon HD Processor Intel Mobile Core i QM Customizable Memory GB DDR MHz Up for your laptop gaming Best money? to GB Hard Drive Dual GB GB RPM Hard Best gaming laptop for your money? Drives Customizable Battery Life - Hour Weight lbs For at xoticpc com Qosmio is cheap but has some good stuff in it Processor Intel Core i - QM processor Operating System Genuine Windows Home Premium -bit Graphics Engine NVIDIA GeForce GTS M Graphics Memory MB total GB GDDR discrete memory up to MB shared memory w NVIDIA TurboCache technology Memory and Storage Memory GB DDR MHz memory Hard Drive GB HDD rpm Optical Drive Best gaming laptop for your money? Blu-ray Disc ROM and DVD SuperMulti drive with Labelflash Audio and Video Display Size quot widescreen Display Type HD TruBrite TFT LCD display Display Resolution x HD Supports p content aspect Best gaming laptop for your money? ratio Audio Built-in microphone harman kardon stereo speakers S P DIF output port shared with headphone port Microphone jack mono Headphone jack stereo Communication Webcam Webcam and microphone built into LCD bezel Wireless LAN Wi-Fi Wireless networking b g n Bluetooth Bluetooth V EDR Modem No Modem port LAN Ethernet LAN Power AC Adapter W V x A Auto-sensing - V AC Adapter Battery High Capacity Li-Ion Wh -cell Battery Life Up to hours For I d have to say for the money you get quiet a bang for your buck I was wondering if any of you guys knew of any other great gaming laptops for the money nbsp

A:Best gaming laptop for your money?

Theres a heap here: http://www.techspot.com/guides/buying-laptop/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-gaming-laptop-for-your-money.152961/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hey guys
whats a good notebook/laptop for gaming just under $1000
for a college student

A:Gaming laptop for college

I'd recommend checking out the Dell XPS 17 L702X, which gets a good write up in the linked review. It should weigh in just less than 1,000, although it depends on the exact spec you choose, of course.

The only downside is it's a fairly chunky portable, but if you want a laptop that can really play games decently, then you're likely to end up with some pretty hefty (or something pretty expensive!).

The big plusses with this Dell seem to be the sound and screen, which are obviously two important elements for gaming, as well as the raw processing/gpu power.

Anyway, hope that helps...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-laptop-for-college.172145/
Relevancy 41.28%

I want to buy a laptop for gaming, and I have a budget of around 1000 or 1100 dollars. I was looking at one laptop in particular. Here are the specs.:

Asus X83Vm-X1
2.26 Ghz dual core processor Pentium
4GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GS with 1GB of dedicated GDDR3
320 GB hard drive @ 5400 rpm
14.1" screen
$1050

Is this a good option for playing games like Crysis and GRID or is there a better choice for under $1100?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9050055&type=product&id=1218012612475

Relevancy 41.28%

Hi, I'm trying to find a laptop that is reasonably priced, but a good gaming machine. also, is the RADEON™ 7000 IGP graphics chipset any good? Ive been looking at the Satellite A60-S1691ST from toshiba, since my old laptop died..

Relevancy 41.28%

Hi guys i'm helping a friend out who lives in Canada She doesn't know much about laptops but i'm afraid my knowledge on laptops is not very good either Laptop Gaming Advice on a This is the first option Newegg com - ASUS G Series G Vx-X A NoteBook Intel Core Duo P GHz quot Advice on a Gaming Laptop GB Memory GB HDD rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce GTX M - Laptops Notebooks Is the cpu and the gpu good in that one This is the second option Newegg com - ASUS N Series N Vn-X A NoteBook Intel Core Duo P GHz quot GB Memory GB HDD rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce GT M - Laptops Notebooks this has just about everything the same except the video card which is a GT M This is the third option Newegg com - ASUS N Series N Vn-X A NoteBook Intel Core Duo P GHz quot GB Memory GB HDD rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce GT M - Laptops Notebooks This comes again with a GT M but with a quad CPU now Firstly is it worth getting a quad cpu if its mhz lower then the dual core one The other thing is there a huge difference in Advice on a Gaming Laptop the performance between the GT M and the GT M If you guys could recommend anything else or one of these that would be awesome Thanks Budget around

A:Advice on a Gaming Laptop

Gaming laptop's are useless. Crysis will crush them on high, which is the only option to play unless you can go higher. Build a new pc and spend what you save on laptops on new games. The best laptop chipset is either a 280m or one of ATI's - and that isn't saying much, a desktop 4890 is vastly better. Dual core is best unless you get a quad core with a high clock like a Phenom 955 @ 3.2GHz - equal to an E8500 in dual core games.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/37016-advice-gaming-laptop.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Area-51® m9750

Operating System (Office software not included): Windows Vista® Home Premium
Notebook Tuners and Remotes: Without Media Center Remote Control or TV Tuner
Video/Graphics Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® Series - Dual 512MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8700M GT - SLI Enabled
Enables DirectX® 10 Graphics and up to 100% Performance Increase!
Chassis: 17" WideXGA+ 1440 x 900 LCD - Stealth Black
Processor: Intel® Core? 2 Duo T5500 1.66GHz 2MB Cache 667MHz FSB
Memory: 4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SO-DIMM at 667MHz ? 2 x 2048MB
System Drive: Single Drive Configuration - 120GB 5,400RPM (8MB Cache)
Optical Drives : 8x Dual Layer Burner (DVD±RW, CD-RW)
Wireless Network Card: Internal Intel® PRO Wireless 3945 a/b/g Mini-Card
Sound Card : High-Definition Audio with surround sound

Thoughts on what I came up with?

A:Is this a good gaming laptop?

It is good, the SLi isn't very necessary. You could probably bump the processor up to a better one as well, keep it as a core 2 duo but aim for 2.0 - 2.5 Ghz or higher. Remember, when you are buying from a brand name, you are also paying for that name and not just the parts. Although it is a laptop so it would be much harder to build it yourself and find parts...

All in all its is a good laptop for gaming, depending on what games you play of course.

If you have the option get one 8800 GT instead of the SLi 8700M's

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-a-good-gaming-laptop.104849/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi Please could you give some advice on the following problem as I don t know what else to try I bought a laptop a number of months ago Feb and since delivery have not been happy with its performance with games The basic specification is - Celeron M GHz MB ATI MB GB rpm XP Home DVD CD The basic problem is that when the hard drive is accessed during games the screen momentarily freezes - which if it occurs every few seconds makes the game almost unplayable The machine gaming Laptop performance flies through DMark The disk isn t accessed Reducing graphic settings etc on some games improves the situation but I am still not impressed Total War Laptop gaming performance is a bit of a disaster even at the lowest settings Laptop gaming performance Delta Force Land Warrior was ok on my old P VooDoo MB desktop machine but this problem makes it not very playable on this newer and higher specification laptop - DF is a or year old game When I requested on site support on two occasions both engineers agreed that the problem was not acceptable and thus instigated the replacement of just about every component No improvement The machine was returned to base and fully tested no hardware fault found The supplier has indicated that the issue is related to having a rpm hard drive and poorly programmed games I am not completely happy with these arguments I seem to have tried everything with regards to optimising the machines performance but with only limited success All drivers are up-to-date and I have made sure that there are no other processes running etc Could there be a problem with IRQs for example though Any advice would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

Hey guys I just bought a NEW AMD A10 Quad core at 2.3 gh laptop with 8GB ram and AMD Raedon HD 7660G graphics. When I play MW3 at like 1260x780 it lags at LOWEST GRAPHIC except for specular maps. WHY? Brand new laptop just only game is MW3.

New laptop, and I do not have the skills to take apart any pieces. It was laggy ever since I first turned it on. I disabled services, startup items, but still laggy. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/13116-slow-laptop-while-gaming.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hey,
It's my birthday on the 19th and I'm getting a laptop, unfortunately my price range is no more than £400.

The HD Pavilion G6-1009ea is pretty decent: £380
Dual-Core AMD Athlon II X2 P360 2.3GHz
4GB RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250
500GB HDD

Can you find any better in PC World | Currys

A:Cheap gaming laptop £200-£400

Are you dead set on purchasing from only PC World or Curry's?

Both are just about the worst places on the planet to purchase any new computers. :haha:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cheap-gaming-laptop-%C2%A3200-%C2%A3400.167337/
Relevancy 41.28%

I currently have this cooler under my gaming laptop Which is a i on a inch screen http www amazon com ACC-NT-CRYO-L ZFZ ref sr ie UTF amp qid amp sr - Is laptop a gaming cooler? better there I ve had it for a few years and it has gave me so much headache When I first got it the thing was missing the power supply Then they sent me another which worked A few months later the fans stopped working So then they sent me another fan base case Which works but goes out and I have to shake it to make it come back on occasionally Not to mention the USB ports on it have never worked Well today it finally went completely Which made me happy because I can replace it So I ve been looking for a replacement and I think I can settle on this one http www amazon com gp product B C MVBK ref ox sc act title ie UTF amp m ATVPDKIKX DER Here is some other information on it http www coolermaster-usa com product php product id http www Is there a better gaming laptop cooler? overclockersclub com reviews sf strike force It has two mm fans that are removable LED lighting and USB on it as well so I figure why not So I was just wondering if anyone knows of a better product nbsp

A:Is there a better gaming laptop cooler?

These are nice, but a bit of an overkill. You can get a basic laptop cooler for around $20

Example:
Laptop Cooler

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-there-a-better-gaming-laptop-cooler.163984/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello I Picky Gaming for the Laptop m currently looking for a gaming laptop I don t have much of a price cap but I d prefer under k Here s the general spec requirements the laptop must have I really need help I didn t think this would be so hard to find - d TOUCH SCREEN monitor quot or above currently biggest issue - rd Gen i -Windows -Blu-Ray Player -SSD GB HDD GB combo -Nvidia GFX GB So while it doesn t seem like it ll be that hard to locate all the websites I ve tried have proven null Newegg Asus Dell Alienware and even HP on a hail marry guess The closest I ve seen is the Asus g VW but again touchscreen is a biggie for me since I want to Gaming Laptop for the Picky take full advantage of Windows I appreciate very much any help I receive in finding my dream laptop that I can finally afford P S Opinions such as quot Windows sucks just use quot and quot X of that product sucks go with Y instead quot aren t needed P P S Again thank you for your time and I appreciate your even reading this because you didn t have to and you could potentially find me an answer nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

Ok, so here is my problem:

I am an active video gamer but I play on a lap top due to college. (If it helps I play WoW.) The laptop is a Dell Inspiron 1150 and about 2-4 years old (I forget). I was wondering if there is a way to increase my Frams per second in game possibly and out of game. In game I have everything set to the lowest settings and yet I still have only 3fps when raiding with 24 other people.

Is there a way to possibly add some hardware to my laptop if nothing else is possible?

A:Problem with Gaming FPS on a Laptop

well, first we sort of need to know what's in it. have you ever added anything to it previously?

how much memory came stock with it? i know if i went to a site it would probably tell me, but sometimes when you buy you can specify how much you want. so it'd be easier if you could tell me directly.

but after we get that out of the way, the answer is fairly plain and expected.

add more memory. more than likely, you have a RAM slot open. and that means you can stick a 1 gigabyte stick in there. and that helps improve frames drastically, and will make everything out of game smoother too.

aside from that, with a laptop, i'm afraid your options are rather limited. once you've upgraded the RAM as much as possible, there's really only a few software programs you can add that might help, or you could fiddle with a few of your hard drive settings.

i assume you don't know much about tweaking your system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-gaming-fps-on-a-laptop.92574/
Relevancy 41.28%

These are some specs for a gaming laptop I am looking at: PROCESSORNEW Intel® Core? i5-430M 2.26GHz (2.53GHz Turbo Mode, 3M cache)

OPERATING SYSTEMGenuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English

HD DISPLAY15.6? High Definition (720p) LED Display with TrueLife? and Camera

MEMORY4GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 at 1066MHz

HARD DRIVE500GB SATA Hard Drive (7200RPM)

GRAPHICS CARDATI Mobility Radeon? HD 5470, 1GB
OPTICAL DRIVE8X CD/DVD Burner + Roxio Easy CD & DVD Burning - Enhanced Burn/Authoring

BATTERY OPTIONS85 Whr Lithium Ion Battery (9 cell)

WIRELESS CARDIntel© Centrino© Advanced-N 6200

BLUETOOTHDell Wireless 365 Bluetooth Internal (2.1)

SOUND OPTIONSSoundblaster X-Fi Hi Def Audio - Software Enabled
Just wondering if this would be good for an ok-ish gaming laptop.

A:Specs for Gaming Laptop

This looks like a nice laptop. Whats the model?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/specs-for-gaming-laptop.205950/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hey all, I am getting a new laptop in a few days, and my budget is $400. I want one fit for gaming, but not going above $400 dollars. I would like something with atleast a 2.0 GHz and atleast 4 or more GB of RAM. I saw some on best buy, but they were all out of stock (I wonder why? A laptop like that for $400 would obviously be a GREAT choice!). If you guys could recommend me something I can buy online, that would be GREAT! Thanks!

-TheMuffinMan

A:$400 Budget for a laptop fit for gaming

Fit for what games?

At what settings?

What are your hopes? What are your expectations? I'm wondering about the difference between the two.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/358221-400-budget-laptop-fit-gaming.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello,

I just bought an Asus K Series laptop, processor being Intel Core i7-4500U, base speed 1.80 Ghz with turbo boost up to 3.0 Ghz. Its GPU is Geforce GT 740M. The RAM is 4gb.

So is this laptop suitable for gaming with smooth gameplay and performance, at least medium to high settings with nice FPS?

My main games are Counter-Strike Global Offensive, League of Legends and Dota 2. Maybe Resident Evil 6 and Saints Row IV too.

A:Is my laptop good for gaming?

Hi,

Hardware mentioned seems to be impressive. Still if you want you can go to Can You RUN It | Can I run that game | Game system requirements and check if your system will be able to run the game smoothly or not. This site will run a small scan on your hardware and lets you know if the system is capable to run that specific game or not.

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/39061-my-laptop-good-gaming.html
Relevancy 41.28%

i'm looking into gettnig a laptop but really have never fooled with them

anyone have a certain one that you've gotten recently or know of one that would be good?

main thing is that i dont really know what spec's are good and not good

the game i'm trying to play is WoW

Relevancy 41.28%

I just wanna buy a good gaming laptop for a somewhat reasonable price I can go a little more than the prices listed so if a possible change of one component would put one laptop ahead of the other that's cool Basically I just need help figuring out which laptop gives the best hardware for it's price I'm no good with good hardware comparisons so that's why I'm here I've also tried to match the specs as closely as possible for the best possible comparison Here's my long laptop, gaming opinions? Getting list Xidax XM- Getting gaming laptop, opinions? i - k GB RAM GTX M GB TB HDD main GB SSD Os extraneous Win or maybe can't remember Special thing Rush Service - days Pretty keyboard Origin Eon -X i - k GB RAM GTX M GB TB HDD SSD Special thing Upgraded GPU CPU cooling and a Free TB HDD included as of yesterday Pretty keboard Sager NP -S i - k GB RAM GTX M GB TB HDD GB SSD Win Special thing Pretty keyboard Eurocom X R i - MX GTX M GB GB RAM TB HDD SSD Win Special thing Pretty keyboard Razer Blade New Full HD i - HQ GTX M GB GB RAM GB SSD main storage Aorus X Pro G-Sync BW i - th gen GTX M in SLI I assume GB per card didin't write that down GB RAM TB HDD x GB SSD Could be wrong Special thing Extra cooling MSI GT Dominator i - HQ GTX M GB GB RAM TB HDD The rpm variety GB SSD Win Special thing Pretty keyboard Fangbook III BX - i - HQ GTX M GB GB RAM TB HDD GB SSD Win Special thing Pretty keyboard Max intel wifi option There might be more in the future as I look around but this is what I have so far Personally I think the Fangbook is the best at it's astoundingly low price but I think I might be kicked a little in the back with the somewhat lower-end processor Or I could be wrong Could be complete crap I dunno that's why I'm here Thanks in advance for anyone kind enough to answer this word riddled question I'll be glad to answer any questions or add any necessary info

A:Getting gaming laptop, opinions?

I've always used desktops for my gaming rigs, but this laptop looks promising for an amazing experience: The latest ROG laptop comes with a giant water cooler

That being said, I really can't guide you in gaming laptops. Sorry!

http://www.techist.com/forums/f84/getting-gaming-laptop-opinions-275896/
Relevancy 41.28%

i ve recently ordered a laptop for college yesterday and im starting to get worried it isn t as powerful as i first thought I know college laptop? gaming the processor ram and hd are more then worthy of todays games for the most college gaming laptop? part but im a little worried about the graphics card the only thing is to get anything better you have to go to a quot and you have to pay plus and that isn t really college gaming laptop? in my budget and a quot is hardly a laptop so my question for you all is this will i be able to play CS S well and by well i mean mostly on high settings getting fps CS S is my game of choice but i would also like to play other games coming out at a decent graphics level maybe not on the highest settings but on med to lower settings hopefuly i didn t make a big mistake in ordering this settup although i can still cancel my order Battalion CLS-Turbo Case Battalion- CLS-Turbo Series quot Wide Screen WXGA x LCD TFT Notebook w Li-Ion Battery Universal AC Power Adapter Deluxe Carrying Ca Original Metallic Silver Black -Tone Color Processor Mobile AMD Turion MT- CPU GHz MB Cache w Hyper Transport Technology Free Software Game Free Game - Age of Empires III with purchase of any AMD Athlon- X or Mobile Turion based system Memory MB MB X DDR- PC- Notebook Memory Corsair Video Card New Mobility MB ATI Radeon X PCI-Express D Video Hard Drive GB rpm ATA- Super Slim Notebook Hard Drive CD-RW DVD-RW Drive X Dual Format DVD R RW CD-R RW Drive CLS-Turbo Sound Card D Premium Surround Sound Onboard Fax Modem Build-in K V Fax Modem Notebook Network Card Build-in Network LAN Notebook Mouse New Logitech MX Gaming-Grade Optical Mouse USB Accessories Build-in x USB Ports Notebook Flash Media Reader Writer Build-in -in- Media Card Reader Writer Notebook Car Air Charger iBUYPOWER Recommended Opti-UPS SS -AVR Mighty Voltage Regulator Carrying Case Free Deluxe Carrying Case Operation System MS Windows XP Professional Edition w Service Pack- Media Center Remote Control amp TV Tuner None IEEE- Fire Wire Card Build-in x IEEE- Firewire Port Notebook Video Camera Build-in CMOS Digital Web Video Camera Mega Pixels Wireless Network Adapter FREE Wireless LAN Wi-Fi g Mbps Mini-PCI Module Warranty Warranty Service Standard One Year Limited Warranty Lifetime Technical Support Rush Service Rush Service Fee not shipping fee No Rush Ship Out in Business Days Sub Total Current Coupon Instant Rebate min purchase per system OFF Instant Rebate for Battalion CLS-Turbo - Shipping Method Optional Coupon Code Total USD nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

Hey there guys just thought I would press for some help with a problem that I m having I have been lurking on the boards here for a while soaking up the info that you have given and now its my turn to ask a question just hope its not too dumb I am going to be investing in a powerful laptop for Online video gamin mainly playing WoW I have about k to spend so I can actually get a decent laptop I have been looking at the SLI computers with the dual video cards I just want some advice on what would be the best laptop that I can actually get or Gaming Suggestions Laptop for if I should just hold out for some new technology that is coming out quot soon quot any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Thanks Sail Just thought I wanted to mention that I have been looking at the top end Alienware comps Dell XPS Suggestions for Gaming Laptop and Sager laptops if have any suggestions on other Suggestions for Gaming Laptop brands I will look also I m not tied up to brand names just want a great computer thanks Sail nbsp

A:Suggestions for Gaming Laptop

SAGER are the best, but expensive... People I know have them enjoy them. I've tested them out bigger and heavy with logs of devices memory, video an etc.

Panasonic makes some really good ones more to road warror, army and corp stuff. Not cheap... So SAGER would be the way to go, don't forget to get extra batteries, power ac suppies an etc..

Holding out for new tech, will be hard to do as so much new stuff will aways come out even if you got the lastest and greatest system out there, you'll never play catch up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggestions-for-gaming-laptop.72006/