Windows Support Forum

Liquid cooler installation help

Q: Liquid cooler installation help

So I ordered parts for my first-time PC build and unfortunately my liquid cooling unit is arriving last now I assume my PC will run fine without it as long as I don t overclock is there any reason why I installation cooler help Liquid should wait before building Liquid cooler installation help it I do plan on overclocking then although I need help doing that as well Also all the guides about building a PC I looked at made no mention of additional cooling units so I was hoping someone could point me to one or advise me Here is my build and I bolded the cooling unit I am getting Mushkin Enhanced Chronos Deluxe MKNSSDCR GB-DX quot GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD Western Digital Caviar Black WD AALX GB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive Corsair Carbide Series R Black Steel structure with molded ABS plastic accent pieces ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ASUS P Z -V PRO GEN LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS XFX HD- X-CNDC Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity Intel Core i - K Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics CORSAIR XMS GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC HP X Multiformat DVD Burner Black SATA Model i LightScribe Support CORSAIR H CWCH Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX V W ATX V v EPS V v PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Liquid cooler installation help

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Liquid cooler installation help

CPU gets hot while it's running, even when it's not over-clocked. You can use the stock cooler until the H100 arrives. Before replacing the stock cooler w/ the Corsair, you'll need to remove residual thermal compound on the CPU. Looks like the H100 has thermal compound pre-applied.

There's a brief installation video on Corsair's site, have you checked it out?
http://www.corsair.com/hydro-series-h100-extreme-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/liquid-cooler-installation-help.174877/
Relevancy 36.98%

Corsair is well known for its PC components spanning a range of categories -- from memory to cases, power supplies, cooling and more. But this year it's trying something new with Bulldog, a barebones, console-like Mini-ITX box that's designed for...

Read more

A:Corsair goes for the living room with Bulldog PC kit, supports liquid cooling and high-end hardware

The case looks downright awful too me. I wouldn't have that thing displayed in my lounge.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-goes-for-the-living-room-with-bulldog-pc-kit-supports-liquid-cooling-and-high-end-hardware.213594/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi, I just bought a GB Windforce 770 4GB. It has an asic quality of 83.5%. How far have you guys taken this card on the stock cooler?

A:How far have you OC'ed your Gigabyte 770 Windforce 4GB on stock cooler?

According to this write up, you wouldn't get much more out of the card. They mention the card is already clocked near its maximum.

Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Windforce 3X Benchmark and Review - Page 5 of 18

With our favorite overclocking tool MSI Afterburner we couldn?t get any where when it comes to overclocking. However, with EVGA Precision we managed to slightly bump up the voltage which enabled us to reach a stable 1280 MHz for GPU and 7484 MHz for memory which, we must state again is a very nice overclocking endeavor, especially if you take into a count that we were dealing with a cards voltage that has been locked in the BIOS. Now since the card was already overclocked to its maximum we knew we won?t get much out of it. +50 MHz (1280 MHz w/boost in total) and +233 MHz for memory making it 7484 MHz respectively is probably the maximum you can get from any GTX 770 unless your really really lucky.Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-far-have-you-oced-your-gigabyte-770-windforce-4gb-on-stock-cooler.198987/
Relevancy 73.53%

Current specs
Intel db75en
Intel i5 3rd gen 3450
Gtx 970 amp extreme edition
Samsung evo 120
PSU corsair vs 650
Liquid cooler h50 corsair

Currently they are on LGA 1155 mobo

I just killed my old motherboard
And now I am planning to buy i7 4790k

There are three motherboards I have in mind and all of them are asus z97 series based. Want to buy only asus..
Z97 A
Z97 k
Z97 c

I want to know that whether I should upgrade and get 1150 mobo and new processor or not!

(I have no plans to put dual gtx 970 bt plan to use secondary gfx card (gtx560) as phyx dedicated card)
If yes then
1. Which mobo I should go for and why?
2. Will the old h50 will be fittable on my new board or not!

Any new advise also appreciated!
Thank You

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-liquid-cooler-suggestions.210943/
Relevancy 39.99%

I need more details of Liquid Crystals ("Used in LCD Monitors) Its chemical property is: "cyanobiphenyl"
If anyone knows tons of details of such please reply.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/liquid-crystals.208313/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi my name is Rafael of Brazil, rode a computer gamer very good, the settings I put down. My CPU is theoretically very good, but I can not play with it, the cooler that comes with the processor does not maintains the temperature when the BF 4 game with full graphics of 50 fps, but a few minutes later he shuts down and restarts in the middle of the game I think the manufacturing cooler's fault, because he goes from 100 degrees (HWMonitor), I will put an exhaust fan and I'm thinking about changing the cooler, am among the Hyper 212 EVO and H60. What would be better to cool off without the need for overclocking.

A:A10 6800k processor with factory cooler. Hyper 212 or H60

I would like someone to help me, which of these coolers is better. Hyper 212 EVO or H60?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a10-6800k-processor-with-factory-cooler-hyper-212-or-h60.207197/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi all Apologies in advance for such a long post I headaches + installation = hardware New Win7 don t know if I just have a corrupt New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches Windows Ultimate installation or what but this all started three weeks ago or so after installing new hardware specifically New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches motherboard Asus A M-A New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches processor AMD A K and RAM Kingston HyperX GB DDR Since I had the extra RAM slot I also put in one of the Aeneon XTune GB DDR I have from before the upgrade The sticker on it says it s but it shows up in BIOS POST as Since then I ve had the following problems Internet Unable to establish any connection at all when using the ethernet cable plugged into my Cisco Linksys EA Router I can connect wirelessly but that connection is lousy and I m not sure why especially since the router is only about feet from the computer To be fair the lousy wireless connection is something I was dealing with since before the hardware upgrade Windows reinstall which is why I finally gave up and bought a ethernet cable the computer used to be in a different room though on the same floor of the house The problem with being unable to get any type of connection when plugged in started after reinstalling Windows and then doing something like updates and then moving the PC to the new spot I made a point of moving the tower myself just so that I could be sure nothing happened to it so I know there was no physical damage done because of dropping or otherwise banging it around at all I ve checked the ethernet cable that runs from the modem to the router as well as the one and neither of them appear to be damaged at all I ve also tried plugging the one into all of the ports on the back of the router in the event that one of them just bit the dust somehow but nothing changed Any thoughts on how I can either get my wired connection working again or what might be making the wireless connection so horrible For clarification on quot horrible quot I m not talking dial-up speeds but some sites either load slowly or not at all sites that load up just fine on every other device in the house - specifically cell phones and iPod an Xbox a Wii and a laptop My connection to Battle net for playing WoW Starcraft II Diablo III is also pretty lag-tastic My NIC is an onboard Realtek GR PCIe Gigabit LAN controller according to the motherboard manual In terms of anything that may be interfering with the wireless signal there s a metal support post and a metal I-beam a few feet from where the router currently sits though it was previously or so feet from both Other than being in close proximity to those the room is wide open I was told that water can interfere with a wireless signal and we do have a lot of ground water under around the house can anyone verify whether ground water can degrade the signal so much over such a relatively small space Hard drive partition issues Until the upgrade when the computer just wouldn t boot presumably because Windows couldn t handle dealing with such big hardware changes all at once I had Windows installed on a partition on a TB Western Digital drive Since I had to reinstall anyway I installed Windows to a partition on a smaller but faster TB Seagate drive Up until this afternoon when I installed Seagate Discwizard one of the partitions on the big drive was inaccessible showing up in disk management and a couple of rd-party hard drive utility partitioning programs as simply quot unallocated space quot Since this afternoon though that partition is now showing up as a completely separate hard drive in disk management AND as quot unallocated space quot on the drive it s actually a part of I m a little leery of just leaving things as they are and using that partition since it s showing up different ways Discwizard only shows that partition as a separate drive there is no quot unallocated space quot showing on the TB drive Is this something I sh... Read more

A:New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches

Update: Wired connection issue is fixed. I have to (sheepishly) admit that I completely forgot to install the router via the CD that came with it. The lousy wireless performance is still a problem, though, as well as the hard drive/partition issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hardware-win7-installation-headaches.206345/
Relevancy 34.83%

I replaced my FX- s stock fan to a CM Hyper Evo and when I turned my PC back on it would crash during the quot starting windows quot phase The machine would just reboot and I would be back at the BIOS POST screen So I went ahead and cleared the CMOS which defaulted my RAM back down to the AM platform s native MHz After booting up and seeing my CPU s temperatures were great I went ahead and tried to get my now run 1866MHz CPU Replaced cooler, won't at old RAM RAM back up to its max speed The problem I m faced with is that I can only get it back up to MHz Whenever I set my speed up to MHz I get the Gigabyte BIOS message that there was a problem booting Either that or sometimes it gets to the quot starting windows quot phase before crashing and then sending me back to the BIOS POST screen again This happens when both manually setting the speed or using both XMP profiles At one point I did get it back up to MHz but the system would only detect one of my GB sticks which is obviously single channel as reported by CPU-Z I ve done everything here from switching between which DIMM slots I ve used but no matter what it won t boot with it set to MHz I even Replaced old CPU cooler, now RAM won't run at 1866MHz set my my memory s timings Replaced old CPU cooler, now RAM won't run at 1866MHz manually - - - CommandRate which didn t work Then I tried looser timings which still didn t work Neither XMP profiles worked which is how I had it at running at MHz previously I ve spent hours resetting the BIOS and trying different settings but whatever I do it just won t run at full speed I even stopped my GHz overclock to see if that would fix it I also raised the RAM voltage which did nothing I also tried using the FSB instead of the multiplier to get it up to speed but that would just continue the crashing trend I m really perplexed here guys How the hell did changing my CPU cooler make it impossible for my memory to run at full speed When I pulled my CPU out to change coolers maybe some how I damaged the chip s memory controller or is that just stupid for me to even think Maybe I can borrow my friend s FX- next weekend and see if changing chips will fix it I ll probably have to run memtest tonight now that changing the DIMM slots didn t fix anything For the record this is my RAM http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Here are my specs just in case any help is REALLY appreciated guys as I d really love to run my RAM at MHz the way I paid for it run AMD FX- GHz Vishera Gigabyte GA- FXA-UD rev G Skill Sniper GB DDR - RAM MHz Gigabyte GeForce GTX GB WindForce Western Digital Black TB SATA-III HDD Antec Illusion case Antec HCG W PSU Windows Ultimate SP x nbsp

A:Replaced old CPU cooler, now RAM won't run at 1866MHz

An old system is likely to have voltage issues due to a degrading PSU. test and replace the PSU. Ram also may have suffered. I will start with a fresh PSU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replaced-old-cpu-cooler-now-ram-wont-run-at-1866mhz.202990/
Relevancy 21.5%

My old hard drive was a sata drive but it failed so I had an old ide 80gb barracuda 7200rpm drive that I wanted to install windows on but when I load the windows installation and goto custom it wont show my drive. My bios detects it its just windows . I tried using diskpart and even formating the drive to ntfs witha complete whip but still no luck .

A:Windows installation can't detect my ide hard drive?

Perhaps the hard drive's jumper setting is incorrect. Are there any other IDE devices connected on the same cable as the HDD?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-installation-cant-detect-my-ide-hard-drive.192208/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi, I have an amd fx 8320 with an r9 280 with the stock cooler, it's at 3.5 ghz, no overclocking, and I was playing some Saints Row 4, I left HWMonitor on and when I came off (20 mins later or so), it said max temp 79?!?!?! During gameplay the fans are louder than a chainsaw... I was looking at getting some decent thermal paste and a 212 evo, but I dont know if that will help. The airflow in thecase is quite poor, but im going to try and work on it.. also, it went over 70 max temp when I was just playing football manager 2014 last night...

A:AMD FX-8320 stock cooler/heatsink - crazy rpm/temps

79 on what? CPU or GPU?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-fx-8320-stock-cooler-heatsink-crazy-rpm-temps.205058/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have an old Acer Aspire m3100 desktop and the case to it is broken, I have another case for it but I do not have the installation manual to show me how to reconnect all of the connections from this other case. How can I get or find the diagram showing how to make all connections to this motherboard. I'm trying to restore this computer for my grandson? any help would be appreciated, I've tried contacting Acer but they won't help unless the computer is under warranty and their third-party support doesn't do hardware issues?? I also downloaded a manual from online but it doesn't show the right info.

A:Motherboard Installation manual

Check this is the right motherboard.

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=2500#ov

The manual is available in the support and downloads section.

Case wiring is pretty standard in most cases (no pun intended). Any details you have about the case your switching to would be helpful.

Motherboards mostly have the names of sockets screen printed next to them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-installation-manual.205022/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hey guys, I was just wondering if you guys think I should get liquid cooling. Iv just got into overclocking and my over clock on my i5 3570k is at about 4.5Ghz from 3.4. When stress testing I get readings up to 100C. I dont know if my pc fans arnt doing their jobs (it feels like I only have control of 1 of them when messing with my knobs on my case). So I was wondering should I go liquid cooling? If so do you guys have a recommendation on a decent but preferably cheaper liquid cooling system thats compatible with my case, (dont want my fiance killing me)

This is my case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146067

Any input on any aspects of this would be great! =)

A:Should I consider liquid cooling?

You have an NZXT Phantom so I can suggest most liquid cooling systems would fit inside that with ease.

But forstarters, if your hitting 100C, that CPU is throttling and that is dangerous temperature levels for a processor. Are you running on the stock cooler? Because if you are I would turn that back otherwise you may end up burning up the processor.

If you want to overclock that far, liquid cooling would be optimal. Here is my suggestion with the case you have:

Corsair H100i

Very good, very powerful, and will keep your chip nice and cold.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/should-i-consider-liquid-cooling.200923/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey, today i just got a new 4gb memory stick to add to my computer, currently i have 2 2GB DDR3 1333 RAM sticks.(These were both Kingston Memory Sticks) I then added a 4gb DDR3 1333 Ram stick (Crosshair) to the motherboard and made sure they were firmly placed in and it was all fine, I then turn on the computer and find that the motherboard starts beeping once then two beeps after and the Screen is blank, and my mouse & keyboard aren't responding. My current OS is Windows 7 64 Bit, so i shouldn't have a problem installing new ram to my system...
I'm not sure if this is a problem with 2 different brands of sticks or what.. but the fans are running for my Graphics card (I don't have onboard graphics available)

Specs
AMD 1055t X6
ASUS M5A99XEVO Motherboard
ATI Radeon 5570
Kingston

Any help anyone? Thanks
-Joe

A:Problems with RAM installation

The motherboard does not like that 4GB module. Have you tried the 4GB by itself? If the 4GB module won't run the computer you'll have to stick with 2GB modules. How many memory slots are on the motherboard? ASUS motherboards are notorious for being very picky about memory

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-ram-installation.179890/
Relevancy 34.4%

I accidentally bought a 4770K without a cooler :/

But I have an unused 3770 stock cooler somewhere, would it be OK to use that?

Thanks

A:Can the 3770 stock cooler be used on a 4770K?

I would say yes after reading the following. It seems the difference mentioned below is all in the backplate design. Since the stock cooler doesn't use a backplate, it is a non-issue.

Noctua Offers Free LGA 1150 Haswell Mounting Kit Upgrade for Older Heatsinks

Because the LGA 1150 socket keeps the same mounting hole spacing as the current LGA 1156 and LGA 1155 sockets, many newer Noctua cooler will not need the mounting kit upgrade, and can simply be installed into the Haswell machine as is. In other words, if the heatsink worked with your Lynnfield, Sandy Bridge, or Ivy Bridge-based system, it will work in a Haswell system as well.Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-the-3770-stock-cooler-be-used-on-a-4770k.198945/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi All,
Firstly thanks for reading, I wanted to build a new system some time ago but circumstances have pretty much stopped that for now so I have decided to just update a few things in my old work horse starting with the hard drive, I have with your advice on an old thread purchased a Samsung SSD 840 along with W7 Pro 64bit. I assume I just unplug my existing drives and plug this one into sata 1 and install the OS ?? or do I, is there a procedure I need to be aware of first, I.e. bios settings etc ?
Thanks for any advice as I am a total noob with SSD's, it came with a disk also, do I need this ?
Cheers,
Lee.

A:First ssd installation procedure ?

You've got it right. Just make sure to enable AHCI mode in the BIOS.

And don't ever defrag it haha.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-ssd-installation-procedure.198432/
Relevancy 74.39%

This ad for Source 530 shows an NZXT-branded liquid VGA cooler - I didn't know they made such a thing. Perhaps it's in the works... http://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/137-source-530-full-tower-computer-case.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nzxt-liquid-vga-cooler.197342/
Relevancy 39.99%

I plan to buy a new graphics card very soon for my machine. I plan to purchase an AMD Card.

The plan originally, was to wait until the 8000 series cards are released on the 25th. I also wish to Liquid-cool the card.

Does anyone know of liquid-cooling kits for gpu's. Similarly like that of a Corsair h100i where everything needed is in a single kit?
Pump, Block and Radiator+Fan?

Without going into lots of money to purchase a limited edition card, are there any cards with liquid cooling pre-installed?

How long after amd releases there cards can I expect 3rd party manufacturers to release liquid looking for them.

How long after they release there cards can I expect 3rd party manufacturers to release there own cards, eg: Sapphire?

A:GPU and liquid cooling

There's no AIO water cooling units for current GPUs, although there was this for the GTX 580. Even if there were they would be costly and totally not worth it. Buy an aftermarket card with a decent air cooler (e.g. Asus DCUII) which will run cool and quiet.

deanlaing12 said:

How long after they release there cards can I expect 3rd party manufacturers to release there own cards, eg: Sapphire?Click to expand...

Straight away.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gpu-and-liquid-cooling.196436/
Relevancy 34.83%

I have read that the CPU TDP rating is not consistent between manufacturers, so you shouldn't try to compare CPU's that way. But what if you are talking about different CPU's from the same mfg? Like AMD.

Once I had a Athlon XP CPU that had a TDP of 60W. I bought a copper heatsink and fan (probably Thermaltake) that kept it under 40 degC all the time, and normally around 35. Now, if I am looking to buy an APU (A6) from AMD that has a TDP of 65W, would it be reasonable to assume that a similar heatsink/fan combo would keep things about the same temp? Assuming that I am doing the same things on the new system?

A:Can I pick a CPU cooler based on TDP?

It might. You are assuming the same wattage consumption will result in a similar CPU temperature but you are not taking into account any differences in efficiency. I don't know the relative efficiency values of the CPUs in question but in the end it probably won't make a big difference.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-pick-a-cpu-cooler-based-on-tdp.195810/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi, I'm using an Akasa K32 cooler on my 3770 and my max temps seems to be 95 degrees so I'm wondering if I would get better cooling with the stock cooler.

My idle temps are 47 degrees.

Thanks

A:I7 3770 with stock cooler, what are your max temps?

You shouldnt go past 80C on a CPU, otherwise you are killing its lifespan. The Stock Cooler should be better for now. Get a Hyper 212 Evo for $35 if you want. It is very good.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i7-3770-with-stock-cooler-what-are-your-max-temps.196123/
Relevancy 39.13%

Basically im asking for confirmation for what I think I know and asking a few questions The way I get it the reservoir goes out to the pump the pump goes out to the first block the first block goes Trying Liquid to Cooling understand Loops out to a second Trying to understand Liquid Cooling Loops block if there is one and so forth the final block goes out to the radiator and the radiator goes out to the reservoir Is that correct Im assuming since air is all things bad does the resovoir need to be completely filled as in there can be no empty space in the loop at all the pipies and resovoir must both be completely filled at all times so if I ran out of coolant before the resovoir was filled id have to go get more If this was the case is there a way to tell when the system is full without flooding over the edge of the resovoir lol Also what is the most common ID and OD of tubing also what is the official term for the Trying to understand Liquid Cooling Loops things tubes are connected to Can someone explain how the tubing fastened I read initially that some tubing just stayed on via being stretched over the things they are connected to-which doesnt seem very safe I see these metal quot rings quot everwhere but am confused as to how those are fastened Finally the PSU setup I find confusing Why must you short the PSU when testing a loop why is that any different than just turning the PC on via button I guess you have no power supplied to you Trying to understand Liquid Cooling Loops rmotherboard but am I supposed to assume that when people short their PSUs that their graphics cards and hard drives are also unplugged Basically what does shorting the PSU do differently just unplug the PSU from everything except the pump then shorting it starts the pump is that it Another thing it would appear the best way to make liquid cooling systems light up is via UV but in alot of cases ive seen UV doesnt seem to have a strong enough effect on sleeving and cables and such-is there a way to make the loops light up nicely without abusing UV cathodes I can do one cathode but I dont want to have to use to make them look nice Im thinking light blue UV tubing coolant when I ask this question by the way Does using a block in custom loop void the warranties of any hardware under a block like a CPU it might be the same thing for using any other cooling system but im not particiuarly familiar with how warranties work as far as hardware every pc ive ever had is pretty much families old hardware that I refurbished myself lol Ive got a hypothetical build floating around in my head which I wont probably be able to afford very soon but I want to understand liquid cooling completely just in case I dont even trust myself enough to do it if I DID do this rig but if I trusted myself enough in the future I would like to know about it I think thats about it thanks for your patience nbsp

A:Trying to understand Liquid Cooling Loops

The only two guys I know for sure, that would have answers for you are dividebyzero and red1776. Hopefully they won't mind me tagging them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-understand-liquid-cooling-loops.194475/
Relevancy 33.97%

I had a problem with my PC turning off which occurred in Ubuntu and Windows I turned to the bios hardware monitor and found that heat ineffective fan/cooler suddenly I2500 stock was building up to degrees and then turning off The case was full of fluff and dust which I cleared out The stock fan cooler was loaded with the I2500 stock fan/cooler suddenly ineffective stuff No wonder it was overheating Now I cleaned off the old thermal grease with isopropol alcohol qtips and a glasses cleaning cloth I reapply a small amount of thermal grease I had a lot of trouble with one push pin on the cooler but got that running Each time I fit the cooler fan I use I2500 stock fan/cooler suddenly ineffective fresh grease after cleaning off the old gunk I found that the grease seems to be about right as applying it in a small blob in the middle of the CPU I found it covered the whole area of the cooler when I later took off the cooler as cooling isn t working The grease isn t leaking outside of the area of the heatsink so I guess my loading isn t excessive The grease is Arctic silver It may be a couple of years old Is that the problem The temperature still climbs up to about before shutting off I turn it off early now once I see the cooling isn t working Taking the other side of the case off I can see that all four push pins are correctly seated on the motherboard I check the CPU fan and it is working OK The other case fans are working but even they being off couldn t account for overheating like this Any ideas nbsp

A:I2500 stock fan/cooler suddenly ineffective

What are you getting for a reading on "Vcore"?

If the CPU voltage is too high, that would explain the heat up.

That's all I got ATM.

Is this thing overclocked at all?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i2500-stock-fan-cooler-suddenly-ineffective.194390/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi,
Any help would be great.. I have just started a fresh copy of widows xp and during the installation setup my keyboard has stopped working... Got through entering the key but with 33 minutes remaining and stuck at the screen ( personalize your software ) thing have gone bad..I have no keyboard function and can only use a mouse when plugged in... Oh forgot to say its a Acer Aspire 3000 laptop.. Thanks in Advance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-stop-work-on-xp-installation.194217/
Relevancy 33.97%

Edit: The color scheme will be red, to match ROG Formula VI, changed it after wanting the above mobo over Gigabyte z87 X OC (WC features of ROG, yes pls! )

Project Name: Furnace
Why? Well because Haswell CPUs tend to run quite hot, which is great for the winter time ^^
The whole color scheme is orange and black/grey as well as the case on its own looks rather like a Furnace.

System Components:

CASE: Coolermaster Cosmos 2 / MOBO: ROG Formula VI / CPU: i7 4770k / GPU: EVGA 780 3GB / RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400Mhz (?) /
/ PSU: OCZ ZX Series 850W 80+ GOLD / BOOT: Samsung 840 256GB /

Outer Design:

Annotation:

Thoughts/Suggestions:

To be my first modding project, well at least large one as this.

A:[Casemod] Cooler Master Cosmos 2 - Project #1

That is awesome.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/casemod-cooler-master-cosmos-2-project-1.193483/
Relevancy 33.97%

So basicly the title says it I have my cooler master case w o the side window and ive been wanting to add some more fans to it I was wondering how much would if benefit if I added more side fans mm as in cooler temperatures for my pc mainly I want to add these to the case will I benefit from them at all http www coolermaster com product Detail cooling case-fan sickleflow-x-non-led html or with the led probably and another question I have my cpu which is oced to and the temps arent that hot as I never rly go that intesive unless im playing cpu bound games like gw in the heavy parts on wvw I was wondering if there was a good air cooler for my intel i - k it currently runs on but I w/o window Cooler Master 431 Side Cooling wish Cooler Master 431 w/o Side window Cooling to push it abit more could u list some good air coolers on the euro margin the hyper evo is in my mind but will it be enough nbsp

A:Cooler Master 431 w/o Side window Cooling

That is a good cooler, but I personally like at your budget range the Thermaltake CLP0575 Frio http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835106178

But either will do you fine for 4.0ghz on a 3570k

As for more airflow, adding more fans can help, but make sure to just focus on having a good overall flow through the case which will be a huge benefit in general.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cooler-master-431-w-o-side-window-cooling.192814/
Relevancy 38.27%

So my rig is as follows Case Corsair Obsidian D Processor FX Currently ghz Ram Gskill Trident X Mobo Asus Crosshair V-Z GPUs Powercolor HD s with Swiftech Epsilon Water Blocks Cooling XSPC RX Extreme Liquid cooling with a XSPC mm Single Rad at the back and the XSPC dual bay reservoir with Swiftech MC v Pump At the moment I have a Negative Air pressure going through my case due to lack of inputs for intake on the case Right now I have a mm Fan at the bottom intaking air and my Cooling 800D Obsidian Assistance Liquid Corsair and Radiators are mounted at the top and back areas Corsair Obsidian 800D and Liquid Cooling Assistance according to sizes exhausting with fans at top and at the back Right now temps even under gaming loads like BF are fine and Prime on my for an hour never exceeds degrees But I am trying to go a bit further and I dont like having a negative Corsair Obsidian 800D and Liquid Cooling Assistance air pressure Corsair Obsidian 800D and Liquid Cooling Assistance in the case because I like more air being pulled through the filters to prevent so much dust build up on the Radiators and such My Co-Worker recommended me reversing the to intake with a filter at the top and even though the air would be warm it would add better cooling is what he believes Im not so sure and I hate to do that and then just reverse it back because it harms the temps What do yall think or does anyone have any alternative solutions Bear in mind im happy with my current fans as they are nice fans and I like the sound I get from them They are Aerocool Shark mm and Cooler Master Sickle Flow mm fans My Cooling system currently runs in this order Reservoir Pump--CPU-- mm--HD s-- mm--Reservoir Pump Any ideas I wanted to have more overclocking headroom to eventually try ghz and also I just wanted to be able to have better cooling all around Thanks for any help nbsp

A:Corsair Obsidian 800D and Liquid Cooling Assistance

Massive OC CPU and TWO dual-gpu beasts, all off the one loop? All I can say is --> :O

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-obsidian-800d-and-liquid-cooling-assistance.192762/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi there everybody,

I want to get the Corsair H100... but I am not sure if I have to do maintenance on it ? What I mean is if I have to exchange the fluid ? Or do I have to do something else every x months to it ? Or just let it be as in the normal air cooler ? Any ideas ?

A:Corsair Hydro H100 Cooler

It is meant to be zero hassle/no maintenance. It is not like an open loop system in which you have to change the liquid every 6 months. If temperatures begin to get a bit toasty over the years, replace the thermal paste. It has a 5 year warranty so they will replace it if it begins to leak. Always watch for leaks since they can damage the CPU if they get out of control.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-hydro-h100-cooler.191898/
Relevancy 33.54%

Few Questions

My Cpu is an intel i5-3570k it should be 3.4 ghz and Maxes to 3.8

something in the bios seems to make my cpu take benefit in games and gets my cpu up to 4.1 ghz sometimes

I am using the Stock Cooler

Max temp ive seen atm is like 41Celcius

when will I be looking at problems which temeprature should be the stop point and which will be making my chip degrade

any help would be grateful

A:Core i5-3570k overclocked automatically? Do I need a custom cooler?

I bet you have an ASUS motherboard, they have preset OCs. 41C is fine, but I would recommend buying this cooler just to stay safe: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099&Tpk=hyper 212 evo&IsVirtualParent=1
It will extend the life of the CPU. Plus, disable turbo boost when OCing.
If you want to go beyond the 4.5GHz mark (look for safe OCs online first), buy this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608018
Note: Sometimes heavily overclocked CPUs have a shortened life.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core-i5-3570k-overclocked-automatically-do-i-need-a-custom-cooler.191099/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hey again all

Looking for a good, cheapish, preferably quieter than stock cooler for my amd phenom xii 955

Motherboard is asus m4a77t (http://www.asus.com/Motherboard/M4A77TD)

I was looking at the arctic freezer a30 as it looks amazing in terms of price to performance, and noise.. but it is huge, im a bit worried if it will fit on the board.

A:Best cheapish, quiet cooler for AMD Phenom II 955

When it comes to budget coolers, the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO is one of the best you can buy. It's extremely cheap ($34.99) and extremely efficient.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-cheapish-quiet-cooler-for-amd-phenom-ii-955.189869/
Relevancy 22.36%

So I bought a new CPU installation problems CPU an AMD Phenom II x socket AM absolutely not AM which I read was compatible with my AM socket GA-MA X-UD P a Gigabyte brand board So I tried installing it and when it booted up it got to the BIOS boot screen CPU installation problems I think its called a Post screen and it either sits there or restarts itself in perpetuity I let it sit there doing that for about minutes to see what the problem is and it seems that particular CPU was only compatible after a BIOS update So I throw the old CPU back in download atBios and the update install put the new CPU back in but it hasn t really made a difference at all still sits at the BIOS boot atBios says the BIOS is up-to-date and there isn t anywhere in the BIOS itself to confirm that so the mobo and CPU should be friendly with eachother I want to know if there are any other factors I need to know or I ve skipped when doing this I thought it was a simple process of swapping them in and out but if there s more to it or my computer isn t up to scratch in some way I was hoping for some answers and maybe a solution Other specs Windows Pro x w PSU Gbs of Mhz DDR Corsair RAM Nvidia GTX My old CPU which I have running is an Athlon x Thanks in advance nbsp

A:CPU installation problems

You may have to upgrade your power supply to 650 watts or so...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-installation-problems.188722/
Relevancy 34.83%

I was planning to buy this cabinet,then I noticed that it has only 2 USB 2.0 slots(front)..
I was just wondering how people use this case when a mouse and keyboard each takes up one USB slot,thereby leaving nothing for a phone,external hdd,gamepad etc
Any help would be appreciated

A:Cooler Master Elite 431

You would ordinarily use the I/O USB ports that show at the back of the case which are directly connected to the motherboard. So when you choose your motherboard, pay attention to number and type of USB ports the motherboard provides and decide accordingly. If you need more, you can buy a USB hub or install a PCI or PCI-E add on card for more USB ports.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cooler-master-elite-431.187758/
Relevancy 38.27%

I've just installed Corsair H60 liquid cooling and when I tried booting my computer up, after 5 seconds or so, everything stops. It happens every time I tried to boot the computer up.
My monitor was black and nothing appeared.
For 2 seconds before the entire system stops, the fan gets very noisy. And for the entire time the computer was booting up, my gpu's fan was even noisier than when I was playing my games.
I cannot get to BIOS or anything.
Why is this happening?

Cooling system: Cosair H60
Cpu: Intel I5 760
GPU: ATI 5770
Mobo: Gigabyte Ga-H55M-UD2H
PSU: 600W Max - 700W

A:PC doesn't work after installing Corsair H60 liquid cooling

You may have a short someplace between the motherboard and the case, or you may have bent the motherboard while installing the CPU cooler. I'd take the cooler out and replace it with the stock cooler and try again to see it the board still works. If it does I'd try the H60 again, but I'd make sure the motherboard wasn't under any extra stress from it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-doesnt-work-after-installing-corsair-h60-liquid-cooling.178522/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello, again. I recently got a new hard drive called WD (Western Drive) Scorpio 1TB. So, I set it up and stuff on the back of the computer. As flip it over and and turn on the laptop I want to hopefully see a good sign. Rather, I see nothing with a Black screen and annoying 'Beeping' sounds! I tried many times to put the windows 7 disk in and it would not work and go back to the black screen and beeping noises. Please, help!

Reference:
Model : Dell Inspiron N5030
Hardrive : WD Scorpio Blue 1tb / 8 Ram / 5400 RPM

A:New hard drive installation failure

Perhaps it isn't the hd that needed replacing.

(need some background/details before any real help can be given)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hard-drive-installation-failure.181795/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hey guys im buying a new pc with a i73820 and i pretend to oc him in the future so my question is : Do i have to put an hydro colling system on it or just a good quality cpu fan would handle the job? And one more thing there`s by any chance a risk of the liquid system (those like h60 , h80...) starts leeking on the boards?Thx for the help
Ps: Where a live have a quite bit hot temp

A:CPU cooling -- air or liquid?

Hi Sucoi,
That depends on how far you want to push your OC. Unless you are going to assemble a bespoke watercooling system yourself, I would not bother with any closed loop cooler below the H-100. The H-60/H80 and the like are discernibly out performed by the high end air coolers like The Thermalright Silver arrow, Phanteks PH-TC14PE and the Noctua NH-D14.
as far as leakage, it is highly unlikely that they will leak unless they are damaged.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-cooling-air-or-liquid.180270/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hey everyone,

I'm making a little, mains powered, fan bank for under my laptop.
I've bought 2, 12V 0.2A 12cm fans and have an old 19V 2A laptop charger.
Is this too big a power supply?
I've never built anything like this before but I think I'll manage.
I'll be connecting the fans in parrallel.

Thanks

A:Making a laptop cooler

If you are unsuccessful with your attempt to build your own laptop cooling stand, or you build it and it's not up to par with what you wanted, might I suggest a pretty good one, it's already built for you as well.

Syba 15 inch to 17 inch laptop cooling riser stand....
http://www.amazon.com/Adjustable-Riser-Stand-Cooling-Laptop/dp/B0030B8EOK

This is the same one I've used for about 3-4 years now, it keeps my system pretty cool and hasn't let me down yet!

Good luck to you, if you do get it built do us a favor and take a photo of it and post it, I'm curious to what the end result will look like!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/making-a-laptop-cooler.179041/
Relevancy 34.83%

I am overclocking my chip to 4.6Ghz, for now. During the winter it was fine to use just the stock fan as I was pumping air in from outside (http://www.techspot.com/gallery/member-galleries/p4563-industrial-size-cooling.html). Now it's starting to warm up outside and my temps starting to reach unsafe levels with stock fan.
I tried to find something on the web, Every cooling review I found is done on Intel chips and that's not good enough for me. Does anyone use the same as I with aftermarket cooler? What would you recommend?
Thanks.

My board is Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 if that matters to you.

A:Aftermarket cooler for AMD FX-4100?

A visit to a computer parts store so you can actually see and measure the possible coolers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/aftermarket-cooler-for-amd-fx-4100.179166/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi somebody can help me ? when i try to install soundmax appears
The audio driver files do not support your computer hardware
Note: if you uninstalled audio software without restarting your PC restart now then run this setup again.
But this driver i had it before reboot my pc and now it doesnt work.
My audio is integrated in motherboard and the motherboard is asus p5lo2.
Thanks!!

A:SoundMax installation error

Download this driver - the blue download button.
http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/SO...us-Realtek-ALC882-Audio-Driver-51005125.shtml

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/soundmax-installation-error.178195/
Relevancy 33.97%

I have look on alot of websites and havent found one that is compatible. Would like some ideas or places to look. Thanks

A:I need a replacement fan/cooler for a Nvidia GeForce GTS 250. Ideas?

try some custom cooling? maybe a heatink of an old card with some extra fans spliced in

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-a-replacement-fan-cooler-for-a-nvidia-geforce-gts-250-ideas.176624/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a GF a mobo I bought installation Details issue. inside. RAM some ram a while back and recently one of the sticks kinda stopped working so I sent for a replacement During that time I had gig sticks of ram in this mother board working fine Today I got my replacement stick from kingston and I put it in the th slot and went to boot the computer It would start up but no display on the screen and none of my usb hardware mouse keyboard would come on I removed the stick went back to my old RAM installation issue. Details inside. configuration and got the same issue Finally I started changing how many sticks I RAM installation issue. Details inside. had in what configuration and found that if I had only sticks in the computer would start fine no matter which sticks were in But as soon as I go to add a rd stick of RAM no matter which stick it is I would get the same issue as above Computer starts but no display or USB What could this problem be nbsp

A:RAM installation issue. Details inside.

What OS are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-installation-issue-details-inside.176029/
Relevancy 34.4%

I am putting together a new build with a hyper 212 plus and some corsair vengeance memory that goes right beside it. The problem is that the hyper 212 extends slightly into the 1st slot of memory. The vengeance memory is way too high with the heatsink on it. What can I do? Can I put the fan on the cooler to pull instead of push or will I lose some cooling? Do I need to get different memory? Can I take of the heatsink on the first stick? Thanks.

A:Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus question

Looking at that memory, it looks like there's a little tab/hole/thing to pry the heatsink off. Don't force it, because you might cause damage. But if you can get it off gently, the RAM should operate fine without it.

I'm not sure about the difference between push/pull cooling, but I think you might lose some efficiency if you set your fan to pull from the other side. I've seen several dual-fan coolers that have a fan on both sides, but every single-fan cooler I've seen has a fan pushing air, not pulling, There's probably a reason for that.

You could also try turning your cooler so it faces another way. This might mean disrupting the airflow though.

But yeah, don't force the heatsink off. If it doesn't behave, you might want to pick different memory, or a different cooler.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cooler-master-hyper-212-plus-question.173178/
Relevancy 22.36%

Upon dismantling my laptop I discover that the cpu is pasted to a copperish sheet which is in turn attached to the underside of the fan housing. I'm assuming the three pieces are connected with thermal paste.
I am having trouble reseating the cpu while attached to the fan so I wanted to dismantle it and seat it and reattach to fan housing with thermal paste.
Am I on target here with my thought processes or is there something tricky in this manuevering I am overlooking or ignorant of?

A:PCG-FRV37 CPU installation

Vaio PCG_FRV37 cpu fan

So do I pry up these cpu and copper heat sink or just slowly drop alcohol to loosen the compound? On the reverse side to reseat the cpu since the pins were bent on removal ( not expecting this type of setup) I have to try and straighten the pins...sink the cpu and then layer the compound, heat sink, compound then fan housing on top. Am I on track here? I've attached a pic of the fan. I could just sometimes kick these designers that make it more difficult for us....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pcg-frv37-cpu-installation.174707/
Relevancy 33.97%

i want to install cooler master V10 in mid tower case..but im confused which one to pick between Cooler Master Storm Scout Black and Cooler Master HAF 912

does anybody have any idea which one should i pick.??

A:Cooler Master case recommendation needed please

The HAF 912 would be my pick... more of them out there... more in service for Cooler Master to learn from.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cooler-master-case-recommendation-needed-please.174194/
Relevancy 34.83%

hye.,i need some advise on choosing the cooling system for my cpu,.need something that is quite at full speed and can keep my cpu cool as im going to overclock it later..any idea which one should i choose between these cooler master v10/v8/v6R/v6GT..
if theres any other ideas..im glad to hear it from you guys..

A:Cooler master v10/v8/v6R/v6GT

What are your computers specs? CPU, motherboard, memory type and speed and power supply?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cooler-master-v10-v8-v6r-v6gt.174110/
Relevancy 33.11%

So im planning a PSU upgrade for the future.

I have read some reviews on the Corsair HX series and also Coolermaster Silent pro Gold series. Both seem like pretty awesome PSUs only major differences I have read is rippling is lower with Corsair.

At this moment the Coolermaster Silent Pro Gold 1000W goes for $229AUD, and the HX-1050 is $265AUD online prices of course.

Anyone have any preferences between the two?

A:Thoughts? on Corsair HX-1050 vs Cooler Master Silent pro Gold 1000W

I've been using Corsair power supplies for years and have always been happy with their performance. That's a pretty good price on the Coolermaster and both are modular, tough call.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/thoughts-on-corsair-hx-1050-vs-cooler-master-silent-pro-gold-1000w.173579/
Relevancy 38.7%

Has anyone used this thermal pad:

http://www.heatsinkfactory.com/coollaboratory-metalpad--501249.html

This will be my first time replacing my thermal pad on my AMD Athlon CPU and I would like to use a thermal pad. I do NOT want to use thermal past, so please comment only on pads.

What would be a good thermal pad to use for the first time? I thought someone recommended 3M pads?

Thanks for your help.

Scott

A:Coollaboratory Liquid MetalPad Thermal Interface CPU Pad

That looks similar to the Indigo extreme patches

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=207_335&products_id=14267,

I have one for my AMD system that I upgraded a year ago. Temps are pretty decent about 1-2 degree difference from arctic silver.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/coollaboratory-liquid-metalpad-thermal-interface-cpu-pad.172793/
Relevancy 33.97%

What are your thoughts on this new case from CM i like it but am not sure weather i should get it or not.

A:Cooler Master CM Storm Series Trooper

no thoughts on this case?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cooler-master-cm-storm-series-trooper.172611/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi all!

I am going to buy a new computer, and I basically have everything now. Except for my CPU cooler. I will be using it on a AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, on a Asus Crosshair IV Formula motherboard. I am not planning to be pushing extreme limits, around 4GHz I guess. My budget is about $60-$70 or 40-50 euros.

I heard that the Prolimatech Megahelm was really good with a Push-Pull confguration. So that would mean that I should get 2 seperate fans. Does anyone know some good ones? I'd prefer them to be under 10 dollars or 7 euros. I just found these two: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...rue&Keywords=(keywords)&Page=2#scrollFullInfo and http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835200028. Both have really good reviews, but one has a sleeve bearing type and one a 2 ball bearing type. Is there a big difference? Are these good fans?

A:Need help on CPU cooler

If those are the options,go with the ball bearings. Stay away from the sleeve bearings, especially on the HS cooling your CPU. They have a decidedly shorter life span, and in some cases can 'go out' rather quickly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-on-cpu-cooler.172664/
Relevancy 34.83%

Ok so I have my components motherboard cpu memory power supply video card for my external test build but I won t be able to complete the build until christmas I want to test the components to make sure they work and I need to do it fairly soon so that I can return them if any of them External without cooler? build CPU aren t working but I don t have my aftermarket heatsink yet My question is whether it s okay to quick do the external test build without a cooler on the cpu just to make sure things work and then put it External build without CPU cooler? all away again until I can complete the build I would think that the cpu wouldn t get too hot if I m just booting up and waiting for the motherboard s splash screen to appear right I just want to make sure it s safe to do this Also don t know if it makes a difference but the components for the external build are ASUS M A TD USB AMD Sapphire Radeon HD OCZ Fatal ty W AMD Phenom II X T black edition G Skill External build without CPU cooler? Ripjaw Series GB x DDR nbsp

A:External build without CPU cooler?

There's no way I'd power up a system without a cooler on the cpu. Do you have the stock cooler for the 1090T?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-build-without-cpu-cooler.172334/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi!

So I would need a new GPU cooler so that I can squeeze some more power out of the GPU without any major hw changes. I have been thinking about getting a "Scythe Setsugen 2" but is it any good and/or is it worth upgrading the GPU cooler at all?
Almost forgot, I have now a ATI Club3D Radeon HD5770 (1Gb) and the mem. is set to 1300MHz (stock 1200MHz) and GPU is set to 900MHz (stock 850MHz).

thx in advance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-gpu-cooler-for-hd5770.171963/
Relevancy 34.83%

Thinking of purchasing a Zalman VF3000-F Graphics Card Cooler for my EVGA Superclocked GTX 570. My main concern is if it will fit the card and clear all components on my Asus P8P67-PRO mainboard? Can anyone please help?

A:Graphics card cooler

The Zalman VF3000-F Cooler is a Triple Slot cooler, which means you cant use the first PCI slot. Other than that your good to go.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-cooler.171611/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help I would like to say I know my stuff when it comes to PC s as ive been building software or Hardware for a good years now however this one has left me a little frustrated and also feel stupid at the same time Just a little under Months ago I had an absolute Bargain on a Vengeance kit triple channel MHz timing - - - CL so snapped them up straight away From This I built my Rig and came to about Now looking at the reviews at the time the Corsair Cooling Air Series A was absolute kicking butt so naturally i opted for that Now I built the Rig set it and and The Heat sink overlaps issue Corsair Vengeance RAM CPU and cooler onto the first RAM Slot Now if I had gone for normal RAM I will be safe however Just like me I didn t and hence I lost the first Port I would Love to use the first Port as I really would like to Max out my board and wont have to worry about Spec for ages but trying to get a sensible answer from Google is hard I was wondering if anyone else had the same issue and If so Can you recommend a Good Heatsink Cooler for My CPU as I would love to use all Ports My CPU is a AMD Phenom II X T Black Edition Thanks all nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-cooler-and-corsair-vengeance-ram-issue.171163/
Relevancy 20.64%

I recently bought a video card and installed it into my computer However every time I try to install the software I get this card - video error installation driver display standard with VGA Setup message Setup was unable to complete the installation Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup Click to expand I m completely confused because I m using a standard VGA driver Windows automatically installed it after I disabled my integrated graphics I can t figure this problem out and get the video card to work on my computer so any tips would be hugely appreciated Video Card Info Video card Visiontek Radeon Video Card MB PCI w DVI Setup display with standard VGA driver - video card installation error TV-OUT from TigerDirect ca tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId Software VisionTek Radeon ATI System Info Windows Manufacturer Acer Processor AMD Athlon tm Processor LE- GHz Installed memory RAM GB MB usable System type -bit Operating System Screenshots Installation error message i photobucket com albums g wandering alice Computer atiproblem jpg Device manager i photobucket com albums g wandering alice Computer Devicemanager- jpg nbsp

A:Setup display with standard VGA driver - video card installation error

You went into your BIOS and disabled the integrated graphics? Um you might try a free program like Driver Sweeper to remove whatever remains of the old video drivers. For some reason the new video driver installer does not see your new video card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setup-display-with-standard-vga-driver-video-card-installation-error.170188/
Relevancy 34.4%

I m in the process of building a new HAF a Cooler for Master 912 Case airflow help PC I have all the parts on order and they should arrive today I was looking at the case and a few other parts and got to thinking exactly how I should setup the airflow in the case Normally I would just do top back exhaust and side front intake The problem is I m Case airflow help for a Cooler Master HAF 912 using Corsair liquid cooling so that will take my Case airflow help for a Cooler Master HAF 912 back exhaust My question is with the case I have what type of fans should I use and where Also which fans should be exhaust and intake ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The case I m getting is a Cooler Master HAF The Liquid Cooling I m using is Corsair H I d link them for you but I currently cant link urls ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The case has the following slots in it for fans Cooling System -Front mm fan x or mm fan x -Top mm fan x or mm fan x -Rear mm fan x -Side mm or mm fan x It comes with two s obviously and I m putting the liquid cooling fan radiator in the back fan slot The problem with that is the radiator blocks one of the top slots so I can either go x mm on top or a mm on top I m putting a mm on the side of the case as well The case also comes with a mm in front and has room for another or you can swap the two mm s for a mm Here are my current thoughts on air layout -Rear Has to be intake for the liquid cooling radiator -Top Exhaust with a mm -Side Exhaust with a mm -Front Two intakes with two mm Oh I m also getting a RAM cooler G Skill Turbulence II FTB- C -D I dont know if that will affect how I m supposed to cool the case with the fans either hence the question here Any input as to what I should do with the fan slots I have left to fill and which ones should be intake exhaust would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Case airflow help for a Cooler Master HAF 912

The stock fans should be enough, but I have a feeling you are going to do a massive over-clock, so every piece of hardware will be affected. The rule is:
front fans blowing in
top fan blowing out
side fan blowing in

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/case-airflow-help-for-a-cooler-master-haf-912.170110/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi all i have what porbably are dumb questions but i need clarification all the same please i just bought a XFX HD GPU upon your recomendation and was wondering if i should uninstall all the nVidia stuff in add and remove except the driver before i remove the card or just remove the card install my new one then uninstall the nvidia stuff I have a spare gigabyte GT GPU which i would like to give to my dad as he has an old Pack-Bell iMedia which he uses in the lounge to watch Uninstall for installation? drivers fresh GPU films on and browse the net Uninstall drivers for fresh GPU installation? The PSU in this old machine is only a watt and the GT reqiures a w minimum but as he wont be playing games or doing any photo editing etc only watching mp films would the PSU still power it reason i ask is it has a HDMI connection and his stock card is the old blue pin plug so i thought is would get a better pic using my new card also the GT is mb and the stock one is only mb Your thoughts please Thanks Lee nbsp

A:Uninstall drivers for fresh GPU installation?

1. Yes, you can remove all the Nvidia components through Add/Remove, although it's probably easier to download a utility such as Driver Sweeper which will remove the driver, PhysX, HD audio, Update etc in one move... Just remember that the system will likely revert to a lower VGA (640 x 480) screen resolution.
You can then power down, replace the card and install the driver/catalyst control centre etc.
Once you're up and running it would pay to bring up the Device Manager, click the "View" tab and check "Show hidden devices", then expand the "Display adapters" heading. If your previous card shows up -right click and select uninstall.

2. You say that your dad's computer is an "old Pack-Bell..". Power supplies gradually lose their effective output over time as components in the power supply wear, so his 250w PSU is likely much less. The GT210 isn't a power hog by any means (30.5w max) but picking up a suitable (and relatively cheap) PSU might be a good investment in any case, especially if the computer/PSU are 5+ years old.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/uninstall-drivers-for-fresh-gpu-installation.170189/
Relevancy 34.83%

I ve been lookin at some top performance CPU air CPU slots overshadowing RAM cooler coolers such as Noctua NH-D Akasa Venom BeQuiet Dark Star The Noctua for example is very quiet and keeps CPU cooler overshadowing RAM slots the CPU at low temperatures so I ll probably pick that one However my worry about a lot of these coolers is the large area they cover over the motherboard in particular that they overshadow the RAM See these two pics Photo Photo With this sort of cooling unit installed how am I supposed to change the RAM without first taking off the cooling unit and then having to re-apply the expensive thermal paste when putting it back on I see myself now and again upgrading my RAM adding more RAM occasionally reseating my RAM for any troubleshooting etc and am wondering how difficult or impossible it would be with such small clearance under that cooling unit Do ther people on here have this difficulty Is there any other sink fan coolers I should be looking at which are more low profile yet quiet and maintain low CPU temperatures Thanks nbsp

A:CPU cooler overshadowing RAM slots

Looks like there is enough clearance to get the RAM out to me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-cooler-overshadowing-ram-slots.169249/
Relevancy 21.5%

I had to recently install a new hard drive into a computer. The graphics card is a Radeon HD 3650 and I have been looking for drivers for it. Since the person who originally bought the card threw the box with the disc away i had to download the drivers and installation from online. I downloaded all the drivers and catalyst and when i go to install the products it appears to install and even says finished but when i look it doesnt seem to actually install anything at all even on a restart. The catalyst control center doesnt show up on my start menu and the graphics card still appears as uninstalled in the device manager. Does anyone happen to know what the problem is or how to fix it?

A:Radeon HD 3650 driver installation problems

Where did you download the drivers from?

If you haven't, get them from www.amd.com or www.amd.co.uk

Be sure to select express install during installation.

But before you try it again, remove the previous drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-hd-3650-driver-installation-problems.168822/
Relevancy 35.26%

I have decided to buy a Intel Core i7-2600K paired with a Asus P67 Sabertooth Intel P67 with Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3. I want to also add an Akasa AK-CCX-4002HP Venom CPU Cooler. Can anyone please tell me if this choice of cooler with fit/clear the memory modules and southbridge of my mainboard choice and if it will fix into my Antec 900 case?

A:CPU cooler clearance

Hi Andy,
I have not used this one, but several reviewers have said that it will leave the first dimm useless if you are using ram with tall heatsinks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-cooler-clearance.167710/
Relevancy 49.45%

Alright, so recently my stock cooler for my CPU has been getting really annoying. It seems to get really loud during gaming, with my CPU temps averaging around 43c.

So I decided to grab a new CPU cooler. Ive had my eyes on the
COOLER MASTER V8

But now after a little of reading up on the cooler, I'm a little concern about size and effectiveness. Here's my case if anyone knows if it will definitely fit.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147047&Tpk=Rosewill armor gaming case

Also,id like to know if there are any other good CPU coolers out their along the same price range, that performs better.

-Thanks In advance

A:New CPU cooler to replace AMD 965BE stock cooler

The V8 is still a very good cooler, and was top dog for its time. if you want the top performers now , you are going to pay another $30 for them.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...00 50001444&IsNodeId=1&name=Thermalright, Inc.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608018

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...Cooler_Sockets_775_1156_1366_AM2_AM2_AM3.html

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...Cooler_Sockets_775_1156_1366_AM2_AM2_AM3.html

I have the Silver Arrow (3 fan) cooling an AMD Phenom II x6 1100T @ 4.3Ghz and It's stellar.

Make sure you know the measurements of your case if you are getting a high end cooler.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-cpu-cooler-to-replace-amd-965be-stock-cooler.167347/
Relevancy 35.26%

Can anyone recommend a good CPU cooler(Air) to pair with an Intel Core i7-2600K CPU, Asus Sabertooth P67 Rev3 Intel P67 Express Socket 1155 Motherboard and 8Gb (2x4Gb) Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866C9. Im worried about the cooler clearing the memory and the southbridge? My budgets around 40-50.

A:CPU cooler choice

Not keen on the H50 ?

If you're looking for a tower cooler then I'd look at the Thermalright Archon (49)- it will clear the memory modules and fit the socket area. It also happens to one of the best air coolers you can buy.The only downside could be the height of the cooler (170mm) which may be a little too tall for your chassis. The Prolimatech Armageddon (41) is in a similar vein, although it's cooling ability is a little less.

Xbit's Thermalright Archon review
Hardware Canucks Prolimatech Armageddon review

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-cooler-choice.167068/
Relevancy 33.54%

Needless to say, having the stock fan going absolutely full bore while trying to play Mafia 2 is not fun! I have a Corsair 800D case, but I have not yet focused on the cooling part of things. I built it last week and both side panels are STILL off!

So, air, or water? Either way it will be from Corsair.

The A70 is on sale right now at a local store for $30, regular $65! It is either this or the H70 or H80.

What's the best way to go? My goal is QUIET, I want it to be as quiet as possible.

A:Stock cooler on 970BE driving me absolutely nuts

If you decide to go air, I just installed the Thermalright Silver arrow in my machine. It is the coolest and quietest air cooler available. (if you have the chassis for it.)
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/11/03/thermalright_silver_arrow_heatsink_fan_unit_review/3

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stock-cooler-on-970be-driving-me-absolutely-nuts.167059/
Relevancy 34.4%

ok so im thinking of buying a new powersupply because i later need to buy a new GOOOOOOD graphics card i found this one and im wondering if its enough for a GOOOOD craphics card and w is enough for me Cooler Master PowerSupply GX Master 650W Cooler sufficient? (PSU) PSU GX W But for Cooler Master (PSU) GX 650W sufficient? some reason its extremely cheap for being W compared to the other ones i found heres some specs Compliance with the latest Intel standard ATX V V Single V rail for the most demanding SLI configurations High Cooler Master (PSU) GX 650W sufficient? efficiency design that meets Plus requirements typical Ultra-silent operation with intelligent mm Cooler Master (PSU) GX 650W sufficient? fan speed control Multiple protection design OVP UVP OPP OTP SCP High reliability MTBF gt hours Double Layer EMI Filter restrains noise and injury to end-user Huge bulk capacitor for hold up time gt ms at full loading Integrating Active PFC with PWM combo controller not only make PFC higher than but also raises efficiency Efficient transformer for reducing Vsb power loss when the system is at turn-off and sleep modes Why so cheap and another thing is will it fit in my HP p sc computer Here is its hardware website with computer information http h www hp com ewfrf wc ol amp query hp p sc amp product amp key null thank you for any help provided nbsp

A:Cooler Master (PSU) GX 650W sufficient?

Should fit fine, but there might be better PSUs, and you might not need so much power either.

Can't comment on why its cheap, but where are you located, and what is your budget?

Also, what graphics card are you wanting to power from it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cooler-master-psu-gx-650w-sufficient.165651/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hey guys,

I just got an aftermarket northbridge cooler, and when I went to take out the stock northbridge cooler, I discovered it was connected to this other heatsink which, according to Google, cools the MOSFETs which controls voltage or something P). Is there a chance I can just take it out and leave it bare, like the other MOSFETs above the CPU socket? Here are the relevant details:

Asus P5Q-Pro
Core 2 Quad 8200 OC @ 3GHz (not standard voltage)

I know, I know, I should have researched this before buying....

A:Aftermarket northbridge cooler on Asus P5Q-Pro

You shouldn't run it without the mosfet cooler since your overclocking, you could just buy a separate mosfet cooler, like these

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/aftermarket-northbridge-cooler-on-asus-p5q-pro.166036/
Relevancy 34.83%

I currently have this cooler under my gaming laptop Which is a i on a inch screen http www amazon com ACC-NT-CRYO-L ZFZ ref sr ie UTF amp qid amp sr - Is laptop a gaming cooler? better there I ve had it for a few years and it has gave me so much headache When I first got it the thing was missing the power supply Then they sent me another which worked A few months later the fans stopped working So then they sent me another fan base case Which works but goes out and I have to shake it to make it come back on occasionally Not to mention the USB ports on it have never worked Well today it finally went completely Which made me happy because I can replace it So I ve been looking for a replacement and I think I can settle on this one http www amazon com gp product B C MVBK ref ox sc act title ie UTF amp m ATVPDKIKX DER Here is some other information on it http www coolermaster-usa com product php product id http www Is there a better gaming laptop cooler? overclockersclub com reviews sf strike force It has two mm fans that are removable LED lighting and USB on it as well so I figure why not So I was just wondering if anyone knows of a better product nbsp

A:Is there a better gaming laptop cooler?

These are nice, but a bit of an overkill. You can get a basic laptop cooler for around $20

Example:
Laptop Cooler

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-there-a-better-gaming-laptop-cooler.163984/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hello As stated in the title I get the quot Verifying DMI Pool Data DISK BOOT FAILURE INSERT DISK AND PRESS ENTER quot This only happens when I have both cables going from board to harddrive to DVDroom The wide flat one IDE i think it is called doesn t change anything no matter if i change order or the cable itself The other one sata for power is the f ckup No matter what order its in he cannot be in the DVDroom at all because then i get the message and I cant Yes installation disk another attempt DVD boot about failure, but a driver figure Yes another disk boot failure, but about a DVD driver installation attempt out where and how to change that cable for Yes another disk boot failure, but about a DVD driver installation attempt a new since it goes into the giant box under forgotten its name Now I have searched long and hard for solutions Ive changed the order of boot countless times in any variation I could think of Note I do not have the disk my comp asks for also a problem I remember looong ago I had the same problem on my other stationary computer but that got fixed by wiggling the cables a bit This Yes another disk boot failure, but about a DVD driver installation attempt time Im about to stress myself hairless over this All I want to do is to have a DVD-room its basic yet impossible gt gt gt Pls share your solutions the other sites been about other stuff like raid and sathio or something- makes me confused Here s some info System Intel R Core TM CPU GHz GHz bit windows Gb ram Motherboard GA-x -DQ ADVANCED BIOS FEAT First Hard Drive Second CD Room Third Disabled nbsp

A:Yes another disk boot failure, but about a DVD driver installation attempt

It is spelled DVD ROM, DVD RAM or CD/DVD drive. Are both the DVD and the hard drive IDE (Big 40 wire flat cable)? If you can't boot with the DVD drive connected, check to see that both the IDE Hard drive and the IDE DVD drive's jumpers are set in the CS (cable select) position. You can set the IDE hard drive to (M)Master and the IDE DVD drive to (S)Slave. They can not be the same, except when setting to both drives to CS. The giant box is the power supply. You can buy Molex 4-pin to SATA power connectors...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/yes-another-disk-boot-failure-but-about-a-dvd-driver-installation-attempt.163065/
Relevancy 33.97%

hello, all

I'm looking at a build based around the core i5 2500k. Usage is for general computing with light gaming (Starcraft 2). the the i5 2500k is probably overkill for that, but i also enjoy having a really good computer for no real reason! (this build is for personal fun as well)

goals:
overclocked 2500k
quiet pc, stylish look that won't scare off my gf

Question:
what is a good cooler that will sustain the 2500k @ around 4.4GHz? I've looked at the H70, but will something like the H50 (with one less fan) suffice? Or what if I change the fans on either of these coolers?

Im looking at the antec p183. does anyone have experience with how quiet this case is?

I appreciate your help. The overall budget is $1000 CAD before tax (which is 13%)

A:i5 2500k overclock, quiet cooler and case?

I'm running an i7 2600K at 4.6GHz with the H50 cooler. Have two Akasa viper fans on the radiator, but to be honest the default single fan that comes with it isn't too poor. Given that stress testing on the i7 version has to deal with 8 threads the i5 with only 4 should probably be fine with the H50 and default fan for running at 4.4GHz. Only thing is that I got mines with the hope of pushing the overclock a bit higher but find I'm up at 70C with extreme stress testing at 4.6 so mostly it's just a quieter solution to most air only coolers, if you want more headroom in the future I'd probably spend the little extra and grab the H70, or a proper non sealed loop water cooling setup.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i5-2500k-overclock-quiet-cooler-and-case.163083/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hey guys, I just installed a Noctua CPU cooler and now, once it's turned on, the fans start up but the monitor says "no signal" which I guess means it's not working (I have tried the monitor on another computer and it works fine so I know it's not that; same story with the graphics card and HDD). There is no BIOS. Also the HDD light pops on for about half a second after the computer is turned on but then it goes off.

Any ideas on what's gone wrong? I get the feeling (vigorously) rubbing off the residual thermal compound on the CPU before adding the stuff that came with the cooler might have been a terrible idea but I didn't think that would destroy it?

A:Computer won't turn on after installing new CPU cooler

You should use alcohol to remove old thermal paste and that should come off fairly easily. I doubt if you have done much damage simply by rubbing it hard but what did you use.

The most likely cause for this is that you have used a little too much compound and it has squeezed out and caused an electrical fault on the mobo. What make of paste did you use?

You should remove the cooler unit and inspect and clean the entire area around the CPU, make sure there is no debris from the old or new paste left on the board, use a magnifying glass and bright light. You only need a layer of thermal paste no thicker than a layer of paint to do the job.

The other problem maybe that you have disturbed a connection on any of the mobo connectors or the hard drive, pull off and reseat all the connections.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-wont-turn-on-after-installing-new-cpu-cooler.161384/
Relevancy 34.83%

I'm finding that now that I've got two of them running in crossfire the XFX card I have with the reference ATI cooler is running hot. After last gaming session MSI Afterburner reported 87C max temp. So I've been playing with the idea of selling it and getting another MSI card which comes with a very good cooler, or just buying a cooler (which would probably cost around the same as selling the XFX card and putting money toward a new MSI one).

Anyone got any experience? Any recommended coolers? Tips for installation?

Thanks.

A:Anyone tried replacement cooler for HD5850?

Hi Arris,
This cooler is very good if you want to go the replacement route. I Don't know about prices in Scotland, but here the prices on the 58xx series are very good, and as good as they are probably going to get. as far as installation tips. more GPU's get damaged because people pull straight up when they remove the heat-sink. When you are ready to remove it, gently twist it back and forth keeping it on center until you break the (now very set) thermal compound loose. Be very sparing on the thermal compound as well. it does not take much to cover the small chip.
hope that helps some.

http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/detail?sArticle=22.?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/anyone-tried-replacement-cooler-for-hd5850.161012/
Relevancy 33.97%

Was wondering if anyone can suggest a Good HSF for the new socket 1155

A:Good cooler that is compatible with Socket 1155?

nvm i just read that they are same as 1156 coolers so sorry to bother you all.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-cooler-that-is-compatible-with-socket-1155.159420/
Relevancy 21.93%

well i tried to install RAM into my Pc turned on and mi MSI mother board said there was something wrong whit the CMOS..so i choose use defult settings...after that i got a black screen whit a white "-' flashing and then nothing happend.

i turned of my pc and removed the new ram and reboot..

after the MSI motherboard logo appers y get the same black screen with the '-' flashing

i dont know what to do..i tried loading defult settings from BIOS and dint work

A:Black screen after RAM installation

I'm not trying to criticize, but it would be helpful if you could phrase your words better with proper spelling and punctuation.

So let me get this straight, you have a PC that ran normally. You decided to add more RAM, but when you did, the BIOS told you that there was a CMOS error. You reset to default settings and now there's a blinking dash and then a black screen. Thinking the new RAM was the problem (a logical deduction), you took the RAM out, but the same blinking dash to black is happening.

Is this correct?

Please put more information about your PC. More specifically the models of the components and the last stable boot you had.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-after-ram-installation.157895/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello everyone,

I recently bought some components to upgrade my pc. These consist of a new cpu, motherboard, video card and psu.

The main issue I'm having is now in games my FPS is lower in games, and freezing even.

The cpu is - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
Video card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
Motherboard - Asus m4a785-m

Everything runs fine except for the frame rate and some flickering.

I've updated everything, or atleast thought I did.

Hopefully you guys can help, thanks so much!

A:New Installation - PC is worse!

Do you have your nvidia card selected as your display adapter? Thats the only thing I can think of? lol sorry if this is a stupid answer.

Or check your nvidia control panel to make sure your settings are set right.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-installation-pc-is-worse.157634/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi,
I would like some advice please on a good cpu cooler for a QX6700. Budget around 50
Specs for build

CPU QX6700
Mobo Rampage Formula
PSU Corsair TX750w
Pc case cooler master 932
Memory OCZ Revision 2x 2 GB PC2-6400 800mhz
os xp pro

I purchased the parts quite a while ago apart from the case but due to poor health I never got round to using them.
I do have an arctic 7 pro but not sure if it's man enough as I may try a bit of oc.

A:QX6700 cooler advice

That artic 7 pro is just fine to start with and if u overclock get something to read the tempts with, real tempt is what I use,and is about as good as it gets. (google for it should be free)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/qx6700-cooler-advice.156667/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hello ppl

Have been having some overheat problems with my cpu (i7 @ 920 with coolermaster hyper n520 cooler @1800)

The temperatures with 100% load and max heat with prime95 are 73 C max at the same time I manually measured the temperature at the base and it was about 40 C. I comfirmed that temp by touching it with my bare finger.

Isn't that way big a temp difference? 30 c difference + between cpu and its cooler

A:CPU cooler temperature difference?

It could be that there is not good contact between the base of the cooler and the CPU's IHS. You might want to try reseating the cooler or reapplying thermal paste. Make sure to tighten the mounting screws well for best results.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-cooler-temperature-difference.156494/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a Dell Dimension running XP SP I bought it used It only had a Western Digital GB IDE drive so i decided to upgrade I purchased a Western Digital GB IDE drive When i opened my case i saw that the ribbon only had one plug on it i e it did not have the Master and Slave plugs so i purchased a new IDE ribbon I put the existing hard drive on the Master plug and the new hard drive on the Slave plug I have also checked the jumper positions on the drives according to Wester Digital s website when starting up the computer does not recognize either hard drive BIOS says something like quot No bootup drives were found please insert boot disc and press F or press F to enter setup quot when i go into BIOS i have everything for the IDE drives set to AUTO Bios does not seem to be detecting the hard drives I am lost at this point if anybody can help me out it would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Hard Drive Installation Problems, please help

First check that the 40GB drive, installed in the master position, (far end of the cable), will still boot, if installed by itself on the new cable.

If you intend to install the OS on the new drive, install it singly, and try using your restore discs to get up and running.

Many times when something like this happens, you need to attend to boot order, in the BIOS, "Boot Menu".

I don't know why "auto" drive mode need be set. If we're dealing with actual IDE drives, then IDE mode, (if it exists) should be set.

At the age of this machine, does the motherboard have SATA ports?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-installation-problems-please-help.155378/
Relevancy 33.54%

I own a Core2 Duo E7500 2.93ghz overclocked to 3.2ghz

I recently bought a Rocketfish Universal Cooler and it keeps my overclocked cpu temp at 39 Celsius idle and 55 Celsius under load. I want to know if these temps are normal for a $30 cooler and how much a difference it would make if I were to upgrade the cooler to something like the Coolermaster V8 or the Noctua NH-U9B SE2.
I live in Florida and the house temp is around 78 degrees.

A:Overclocked CPU with aftermarket cooler temp range questions

temps are fine, but if you wanted to test the cooler's limits raise the vcore a bit and monitor the temps via BIOS. when the chip idles in the mid to high 40's (and perhaps into the 50s), try running some CPU intensive applications, then monitor temps again. if the processor climbs into the 60s or 70s on load then i would say that's your limit. you may be able to keep the temps down a little bit with a high-performance thermal compound, but consider that an extra step...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclocked-cpu-with-aftermarket-cooler-temp-range-questions.154685/
Relevancy 21.93%

Ok I am at the end of ideas I have a Compaq mini c netbook and cant for the LIFE of me figure out how to install xp onto it Ive tried many ideas and methods and cant get a single one to work The thing came installed with xp on it but all the crap that is pre loaded onto it ugh I hate buying premanufactured pc s The thing is slow now so I would like to start fresh I have a usb dvd drive and my xp home cd bluescreens when it tries to load my xp pro cd is fine but it says quot setup cannot find any hard drives installed in this pc quot I have tried using Nlite to integrate SATA drivers into the disk I have a feeling that the disk is to old to recognize the sata controller in the pc but the modified disk doesnt say quot press any key to boot from cd quot it just goes to normal windows load Windows does detect the drives but the pc is under powered intel atom ghz gig XP + Mini installation Compaq ram not gonna work so well eh I did xp s install through the current xp install but when I choose to boot quot windows xp home setup quot it says quot error reading from disk XP + Compaq Mini installation quot wtc do I do - - the tech support guy from hp said quot oh well to install an OS onto an hp computer you need to buy our special disk quot last ideas I have - trying to use Nlite again or connecting a floppy disk through USB to put the drivers on a floppy and load that nevermind I dont have a USB floppy gt gt Edit - Burned the img with ImgBurn rather than Nlite directly and it works Formatting the hard drive lets see how the install goes Case closed for now I think nbsp

A:XP + Compaq Mini installation

Uh oh, the thing bluescreens when booting. Booting into safemode doesnt change anything. What the heck happened?

Edit - I have a copy of Hiren's Boot CD - http://www.hirensbootcd.net/

I feel this will be instrumental in getting the laptop to work.

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/141762-compaq-mini-110c-ris-install-bsod-after-install/ - Same stop error that I am getting, meaning the driver isnt installed. Thing is, i dont know how to install the driver manually and tell windows how to find it. Or would I have to create a whole new boot disk with Nlite?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-compaq-mini-installation.153157/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi i have two computers with the same motherboard and the same microprocessor PC Vitsuba master black p t deluxe v i ghz IDLE FULL The Deluxe P6t 920 v2 fan cooler i7 fan cooler is always running at the top SPEED RPM PC Vitsuba normal Opened cooler mm FRONT cooler mm behind p t deluxe v i ghz IDLE FULL The fan COOLER of PC start in xx RPM in the everest and BIOS well the problem is in the PC the temperatures in PC is more than the first PC in IDLE and PC have better tower vitsuba master black well the P6t Deluxe v2 fan cooler i7 920 problem is the next when i put in full the PC with everest ultimate STRESS TEST the temperatures are CPU cores i run P6t Deluxe v2 fan cooler i7 920 the test for minutes well in the PC when i do this i have this problem the RPM are ever the same xx maybe sometimes up to in the test i have to shutdown the test at the minute because the temps are CPU core and i dont know why the P6t Deluxe v2 fan cooler i7 920 stock cooler dont up the speed i try to set the bios Q FAN OPTIONS and i found when i put in the bios CPU Q FAN CONTROL quot TURBO MODE quot and start again the computer the RPMS ARE xx when i enter to the windows the RPM are xx in the everest so when i run the everest ultimate test the temps up and FAN RPM stay in xx well when i start a conversor video program the RPMS of the cooler UP to xx but this only happend with a conversor video programa when i use winrar to compress or anithing the temps up and RPMs no games the same but in some games the cooler fan go to but never go to xx like the PC any idea about where is the problem why pc is ever in TURBO MODE if the bios is setted in default standard why in full the temps of pc are better than the PC in full if the PC AND PC is the same BIOS of pc and pc is the same too i changed the thermic compound two times first with artic silver and next with thermaltake TG and is ever the same i dont know what more i can do if somebody can help me with this problem thanks S nbsp

A:P6t Deluxe v2 fan cooler i7 920

Fixed, the solution is in the bios ( and is not turbo mode,standard,disables) , the problem is in windows xp 32 bits

now in full the rpms go to 2200

average temperature of 58 degrees in full to 18xx rpm, jumping moments of 2200

there is a difference now, before the temperature rose and remained on 9xx speed and climbed minimally to 11xx / 12xx now keeps its cool the microprocessor and rises to the numbers above

the secret is not only activate the turbo mode, but get used to the cooler on the changes, leaving 20 minutes, until the heat sink increase its speed until 15xx about to reach 9xx windows again but this time it works properly and elevate 22xx or the maximum of the stock cooler

do not know why this happens, maybe if one day format still works best, and then work as before with Q CPU FAN DISABLED no problem reaching these revolutions

Greetings, and I hope will be helpful to have the same problem

P6T Deluxe v2
turbo mode 2.6GHz i7 920 (1.6GHz, 2.8GHz)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/p6t-deluxe-v2-fan-cooler-i7-920.154384/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have a VAIO VPC computer with Windows 7 operating system. I was installing the software for my Palm TX Organizer, and when it came to connecting the device to the computer, I received the message that the system was locating the drivers for the device and then informing me that no drivers were available. When I tried to sync the device through the palm program it will not recognize the presence of the device. I uninstalled and downloaded a new version of the program from the Palm website encountering the same situation when I connected the device to the computer.

I have also experienced this same situation with the installation of Tunes Plus to allow for the uploading of my iPod music onto iTunes on the computer, I continually get a device not present message.

Can anybody out there throw some light on this problem?

A:Program fails to recognize devices after installation

Windows doesn't need drivers to detect a Plug and Play device.

So forget about drivers for the moment....

1) You don't say how you connect the device to your compute. I'll guess USB???

2) Then start with the basics: Are you hearing the USB ding/dong sound affect as you should when connect / disconnect a USB device????

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/program-fails-to-recognize-devices-after-installation.154050/
Relevancy 21.5%

Just installed a fresh copy of Windows Downloaded all updates and installed all of the latest drivers Everything seemed to work perfect I have one SATA drive for my data and two IDE CD amp DVD Both IDE drives worked fine Out of no were they disappeared off of my device list and they longer function The both flash during boot but then are no longer seen in bios or in Windows I was Windows longer no CD/DVD installation sees IDE of New 7 drives able to open up the case pull the power plugs out put them back in and then I was able to open close the drives but Windows still did not see them It is as if Windows is disabling them Please help Thanks Drive Setup SATA Master Gb Hard New installation of Windows 7 no longer sees IDE CD/DVD drives Drive - Windows IDE Master CD R W IDE Slave DVD R W BIOS SETTINGS Onchip SATA Controller Enabled Onchip SATA Type AHCI Other options available Native IDE amp RAID Onchip SATA Port Type As SATA Type Other options available IDE I ve switched the settings many times in an attempt to get the drives to be seen No luck nbsp

A:New installation of Windows 7 no longer sees IDE CD/DVD drives

Try this fix from MS:
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cd_dvd_drive_problems

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-installation-of-windows-7-no-longer-sees-ide-cd-dvd-drives.153725/
Relevancy 39.56%

So I was wondering what people thought about the mineral oil submersion technique as a method of aqueous PC cooling as opposed to cooling with fans or liquid coolers of other types. I found this site to be quite interesting. And seeing as mineral oil is non conductive it's safe to submerge your PC in, the only issue being that if you need to work on your PC, well it'll be coated in mineral oil.

http://www.pugetsystems.com/submerged.php

-Erik S.

A:Mineral oil liquid cooling

Mineral oil systems are nice, albeit rare. The problem I see with them is that mineral oil acts like an insulator, and does not dissipate heat very well at all.

If someone were to make a low power "net top" computer for browsing the internet and doing basic office tasks I could see where they would work well, while giving your workspace feng shui. They don't seem to be practical at all for gaming though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mineral-oil-liquid-cooling.153984/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hey everyone, i have a problem with my sound card (probably). Ok here is the story .
I had windows xp he 2003 but my computer was full of some bugs and slower than ever so i decided to fromat my HDD.However my pc wouldn't boot the windows cd.So after making some "modifications" at the boot,ini file my pc wouldn't longer get into the windows. So i took a hitachi HDD from an acer aspire laptop that was broken(the laptop) and tryed to format this one.(The hitachi HDD had windows vista when on laptop) . So i now installed windows 7 ultimate and averything is just fine but one thing.I don't have sound, i tryied to download and install some drivers from realtek site but nothing happened.Pls give me any suggestions of what to do. oh and i forgot mention that i already tryied installing its own drivers.. but nothing.

A:Sound problem after Windows 7 installation

See if this might help Reference Guide to Help Setup and Troubleshoot Windows Audio and Sound Cards. Then let us know

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-problem-after-windows-7-installation.153425/
Relevancy 34.4%

I just bought a new cpu cooler to replace the stock intel one that came with the cpu and I installed it and turned the computer on and the screen comes on and it beeps normally then gets to the startup screen where it starts to check for hard drives and then it shuts off. I turned it back on and it shut off even sooner, I waited a little bit and then turned it on and watched the screen and it gave me the message that it was going into safe mode and i have to reset my cpu and memory settings in cmos. I also made sure that the cpu overheat light did not come on.

motherboard: EVGA nForce 790i Ultra SLI Socket 775 Motherboard
new cooler installed: ZALMAN CNPS 9700 NT 110mm 2 Ball Ultra Quiet CPU Cooler

i did have to remove the mobo to install the cooler so i could install the back plate under the mobo.

A:Installed new CPU cooler and computer will not stay on

It's either no seated properly or the fan isn't running and the bios is shutting down the PC. That's my guess.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-new-cpu-cooler-and-computer-will-not-stay-on.152412/
Relevancy 33.97%

Wondering if anyone has tried a non-Nocona, E-ATX dual Xeon board in the HAF 932. I'm talking one of the newer Dual-Xeon boards. I know I lose the single-CPU ATX back opening, but I'm more concerned about if it actually handles a dual-Xeon E-ATX board.

Thanks for any help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cooler-master-haf-932-e-atx-dual-xeon-board-anyone-tried-it.152497/
Relevancy 35.26%

what do you think of the upcoming cooler? Is it worth the price if I want to overclock past 4ghz?

A:Corsair H70 CPU cooler?

i've heard good things about the h30 and h50, so i can't imagine the h70 falling into another category. corsair makes great hardware, in which they improve upon constantly, so it's likely that it will be a decent and affordable liquid cooling kit. as for overclocking, it depends heavily on the processor you are using and whether or not your motherboard and RAM can handle the additional stress.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-h70-cpu-cooler.151287/
Relevancy 34.4%

cooler is rather large with copper base and what looks like copper headers lol
downloaded cpuid hv monitor
cpu 85c
mainboard 33c
core 0 49c

core 1 51c

cpu vcore 1.57v

+12v 12.67

vbat 3.17

seems a little hot to me guys

shouldn't a higher performance fan like this do better

fans all working and running approx. 3600 rpms

your thoughts are most appreciated

thanx

A:AMD 6400+ running at 85c with a stock cooler

Try seeing what your bios is telling you about cpu temp. is this a stock cooler?
when was the last time you applied new thermal compound?
Have you recently moved the computer? any gap at all, even a .001" gap will heat things up
third, download a different temp program to verify that reading.
and is that reading under load , or idle?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-6400-running-at-85c-with-a-stock-cooler.151348/
Relevancy 33.97%

will any version of the ati 5870 fit in my coolermaster scout case without any modification to the case itself, e.g cutting up the hard drive bay. I have measured a space of 27.8cm but that might be inaccurate so i need to make sure. this asus edition is apparently 10.5 inches which would fit.
(can anyone confirm this?)

thanks

A:ATI 5870 fit in a Cooler Master Scout case?

Hi Alster,
I do not think it will. The scout (storm) has a divider that extends below the HDD cage all the way to the bottom of the case.

opps scratch that, I have 5970 on the brain

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-5870-fit-in-a-cooler-master-scout-case.150934/
Relevancy 39.56%

This is rather fascinating...as far as CPU coolers go. Liquid metal CPU cooler.
You can read about it over at The Guru of 3D

http://www.guru3d.com/article/danamics-lmx-superleggera-review/1
opps, maybe Matthew can move this to "links from around the web" not sure why I put it here.

A:Liquid Metal Cooling with NaK

I remember seeing the prototype a while back and thought it was awesome (looks better than the production kit IMO) and couldn't wait to try it out....unfortunately the end result cooling wise doesn't really live up to the hype (or expense) so far. Not that I'm likely to test drive one anytime soon as they seem to be a Europe only release at this stage.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/liquid-metal-cooling-with-nak.148351/
Relevancy 21.5%

How do i install or upgrade the memory of this printer??

A:Kyocera FS-C5100DN memory chip installation

Most Kyocera's use a special memory configuration. You gain access to the slot to it is beneath the top part of the case, usually on the right side... which sometimes has to be accessed by removing screw drivers. If it is accessible, there is a diagram or photo on the Kyocera website for each model.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/kyocera-fs-c5100dn-memory-chip-installation.149611/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello everyone Having installed temperature sensor drivers and now I m monitoring and need CPU hot decent running advice cooler please for my core temps I ve noticed my CPU is getting far too hot Its averaging C at idle and at load its hitting - C I m noticing the lag a lot more since changing over to a SSD due to CPU running hot and need advice for decent cooler please the disk performance Before I just thought that when it slowed down it was lag from the disk but clearly its temperature issues I think its only the CPU cooler thats the issue as every other temp is fine I m running a NZXT Beta case with mm roller bearing super quiet fans so airflow should be fine My Pc spec Intel Dell Mobo Intel Q ghz Core Quad GB Kingston DDR RAM x GB ATi Radeon GPU I m not even remotely interested in overclocking or continually messing with fan temps using fan controllers and I mainly use the PC for browsing emails graphic manipulation web software coding and I spent a lot of time using virtual OS as well which due to the software I run virtually places quite high demands on my CPU running hot and need advice for decent cooler please CPU and RAM Virtualbox is setup to run GB RAM cores on my virtual OS I basically need help to decide a suitable CPU cooler and heatsink It doesn t need to be snazzy I just want functional and MUCH cooler temps I m also in the UK so coolers need to be available here in the UK I ve also read that the best coolers are ones that have a bracket on the back of the motherboard to screw the heatsink cooler to this bracket through the holes in the motherboard The current cooler I m using is the standard Intel one with the stupid plastic clips that clearly aren t doing a good job I m currently using OCZ ultra silver thermal compound I plan to add more of this to the new cooler unless its worthwhile using something else So what cooler would you all recommend thats got the screw mounting with bracket and costs or less Help advice and everything else will all be greatfully recieved Thanks in advance Leeky nbsp

A:CPU running hot and need advice for decent cooler please

This is the V8, one of the best air coolers out there, As for compound I would recommend Arctic Silver 5.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103055&cm_re=V8-_-35-103-055-_-Product

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-running-hot-and-need-advice-for-decent-cooler-please.148778/
Relevancy 34.83%

I just got ATI 5850 and a more powerful PSU which start to raise my hardware temp.. the cpu temp is fine, but the graphics card is about 49 celcius and the motherboard is at 63 celcius. the fan is at about 1900round/min when i am not gaming. i think this is little high... so could I do anything like adding an additional fan or something else to improve this situation?

thx in advance!!

A:How to make my new setup cooler?

The graphics card temp isn't horrid. Like I said in the other thread, if the 63c is your idle NB temp. for 20 bucks you can get a decent NB cooler to bring it down.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-make-my-new-setup-cooler.149063/
Relevancy 21.93%

Formatted a machine at work because of hal.dll error and reinstalled windows - everything is ok now as it's working but when booting it asks me which windows I want to boot from, the new one which I've just installed or the previous one which still contains the hal.dll error.

I can't understand this because the format completed 100% and took a long time as well.

How do I get rid of it?
What did I do wrong?
Is this detrimental to the running of the computer?

A:Formatted C: - old installation of XP still apparant?

i'll answer your questions in reverse
Is this detrimental to the running of the computer? = NO
What did I do wrong? = NO IDEA
If you have more than one drive, you have possibly installed OS on another drive
Did you delete partition and create a new drive from RAW format or the originial boot.ini file is still going to be present.
How do I get rid of it?

There's a hidden file in the root of your boot drive that not many people know about, called "boot.ini". It controls what happens at boot time. In the past the thing to do was to edit this file manually, but that's no longer necessary.

Right click on My Computer, and select Properties. Now click on the Advanced tab. In a section labeled Startup and Recovery click on the button labeled Settings. You should now be looking at a dialog: refer attached

Click on Edit to edit the startup options file (aka boot.ini) manually. That should open Notepad with something similar to the following from my machine:

[boot loader]
timeout=5
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptOut
C:\CMDCONS\BOOTSECT.DAT="Microsoft Windows Recovery Console" /cmdcons

In this example, you can see that I have two options to choose from when I boot: Windows XP, and the Recovery Console. I'm guessing you have an additional line for theOS Setup that you had trouble with it. You can simply delete that line.

And if you're tired of having the computer wait 30 seconds for you to choose an operating system, you can also change the timeout value,

Save that file, and when you next reboot you should no longer have that additional option.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/formatted-c-old-installation-of-xp-still-apparant.147666/
Relevancy 33.54%

will the cosair H50 watercooler fit in my coolermaster scout case and work with my gigabyte motherboard?

thanks if you can help

A:Corsair h50 water cooler work with scout case?

should work just fine...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-h50-water-cooler-work-with-scout-case.146869/