Windows Support Forum

T440s DisplayPort to HDMI: Not detected

Q: T440s DisplayPort to HDMI: Not detected

Hi people - and hopefully Lenovo staff - nbsp I have a new T s and having problems connecting my Samsung DisplayPort T440s HDMI: Not detected to monitor to it nbsp First the hardware - Lenovo ThinkPad T s i - U GHz GB RAM SSD running Windows Pro bit- Samsung SyncMaster S B T VGA HDMI - mDisplayPort - gt HDMI adapter nbsp The problem When I connect the monitor to the computer to the mDisplayPort via the mDisplayPort HDMI-adapter and HDMI-cable nothing happens Windows native Display Settings dialog's Detect link says Didn't detect another display The monitor works fine via VGA-cable The monitor works fine with my tv set top box via T440s DisplayPort to HDMI: Not detected HDMI The computer works fine with my tv with the mDisplayPort HDMI-adapter and HDMI-cable The computer T440s DisplayPort to HDMI: Not detected works fine with my work monitors via pure mDisplayPort- gt DisplayPort cable So - everything works except said connection to the monitor nbsp I have tried - Latest Intel HD Graphics driver from Lenovo version dated - - Latest BIOS upgrade GJET WW v dated - - Latest Intel HD Graphics driver directly from Intel but I was not allowed to install it I have to use Lenovo's driver - Getting the Samsung driver for the monitor from Samsung website though the latest version is also v from nbsp This guy has the same problem I think nbsp https forums lenovo com t Windows- -and- - T s-and-Dell-S H m-p nbsp Is there a difference in a pc monitor via HDMI and a tv via HDMI Tv is a Sony Bravia about - years old sorry don't have the model number hereHi people - and hopefully Lenovo staff - nbsp I hope anyone can help me nbsp Best regards nbsp SvendK nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T440s-DisplayPort-to-HDMI-Not-detected/td-p/3320094
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: T440s DisplayPort to HDMI: Not detected

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 24.94%

I have a samsung np 350 laptop which has pre installed windows 8.The web cam was working fine till I reset the windows many of the installed softwares got deleted and from then on my web cam goes undetected for every possible software.Please help me with your valuable suggestions,,,Thank you

A:Webcam not detected

List any Problem devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Also download and run USBDeview
> Click Edit->Select All
> File->Save Selected Items
> Click the Save As Type pulldown and change it to Tab Delimited Text
> Save the .txt file to your Desktop and attach to your next post

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/webcam-not-detected.192849/
Relevancy 24.51%

My samsung 16GB memory card is not getting detected in my laptop.
Even if I connect through my phone data card it's not detected. But it is working properly in my phone. I have been using it for 2 years.

A:Memory card is not getting detected in laptop

MerissaWalker said:

Have you tried it on other computers?Click to expand...

yes, even then it is not getting detected

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-card-is-not-getting-detected-in-laptop.210753/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello,

I am looking into upgrading one of our conference rooms at work with something that can provide output to at least 2 HDTV and 1 projector, with the future of a 3rd hdtv.

I been out the loop for awhile with video cards, and wanted to know if anybody knows of a way this can be done with a possible video card that has 4 hdmi outputs? They will be (2) 55 inch hdtvs and a projector which should output its own resolution

Thanks for the help ahead of time.

A:Any video cards with 4 HDMI outputs?

No video cards I know of have 4 HDMI outputs, but you can find plenty of cards that have that many if you combine DVI + Displayport. You could always use DP converters to HDMI got get the appropriate number of connections, but remember that after 2 non DP devices you'll need to start using Active Converters if you plan to keep the signal digital.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-video-cards-with-4-hdmi-outputs.172449/
Relevancy 24.94%

Wow so I just received my new in the mail today and guess what it doesn t work Well here s what I did so far I uninstalled all nvidia graphics drivers which I used for my gso Rebooted to complete installation Disabled onboard video drivers Shut off computer Installed into motherboard Booted up Now I don t get any video from the card outputs itself so I used my onboard video output to log into windows I tried installing the CCC but the installation failed or something like that I check the device manager and there detected card not Graphics isn t any sign of the showing up Now I m a little scared and not sure what to do The appears to be powered cause my computer is x louder with that damn fan Its just that it won t be recognized by device manager and the drivers won t work Thanks guys Edit When I installed the I had to move the hard drive and cd sata cables from the first and second port to the third and forth ports Whenever I boot my POST says your system last boot fail or POST interrupted Please enter setup to load default and reboot again I press f to bypass this Also when I go into system for some reason it only detects GB of RAM I have bit windows lt -- it only started happening since the new graphics card was installed Reinstalled Windows same damn problem Also I m starting to think that the graphics card is defective as even the bios cannot recognize the card on boot And I believe that is the reason for the Graphics card not detected POST failing nbsp

A:Graphics card not detected

Also, when I go into system, for some reason it only detects 3.87 GB of RAM... I have 64 bit windows 7 <-- it only started happening since the new graphics card was installed.Click to expand...

That's probably because your onboard video is allocating some of it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-not-detected.167268/
Relevancy 28.38%

I just purchased the Magnavox dvd-r recorder with a terabyte Hard drive from are where they Hdmi inputs walmart com Magnavox MDR H F TB Hard Drive DVD Recorder with Digital Tuner My problem is why is there always a hdmi out but never a hdmi in on any of these media units On my Cable box I have only hdmi Hdmi inputs where are they out S Video out and RCA Composite out The HDMI out goes to my HDTV and the picture is great Now to record from the same cable box to my Magnavox recorder I now only have RCA Composite out or S video out left So I choose S video out to record to the Magnavox but when I watch what I recorded the picture is terrible I guess what I m trying to say if you have low quality video coming in to your recorder through S video then it makes sense you will have the same low quality coming out My question Is to you guys is it possible to build a media center that has a HDMI input so I could record in high definition and a HDMI output to go to my HDTV Now I know cable companies make dvd recorders with this capability but If you ever decide to get rid of it you lose all you recorded Any advice would be very much appreciated nbsp

A:Hdmi inputs where are they

On my Cable box I have only 1 hdmi out, 1 S Video out and 1 RCA Composite out.
The HDMI out goes to my HDTV and the picture is great.Click to expand...

that's correct.

Take for example, a DVR is inline with the service provide which allows the Recording. Once recorded, it's nice to get the media displayed on an HDTV - - hence HDMI-out.

I have VHS, DVD and daisy-chain them --> HDTV so that the service is feed thru the chain.

Code:

(cable) -- vhs -- dvd -- hdtv
| |
+-------------+

If the VHS is off, the lower path is selected ON THE TV
otherwise, the TV is selected to AV inputs.

The other way to see the layout is

Code:

TV inputs: (cable) ------ hdtv select TV:cable input
AV inputs: av-devices --- hdtv select TV:av inputs
To record, there needs to be a connection from (cable)-->av unit

yes, S-Video stinks, use the RCA Composite out from the cable->av

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdmi-inputs-where-are-they.211805/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hello I need urgent help with resolving this as I am trying to get the harddrive showing up or at least recover files by Hard Portable Drive External Slim detected Seagate PC not I was using it at school first and my computer froze so I shut down the Seagate Portable External Hard Drive Slim not detected by PC computer and restarted without safely removing Seagate Portable External Hard Drive Slim not detected by PC the hard drive at first the PC wouldnt reboot because I had it still plugged in after unplugging it and the PC loaded up it did not recognize the hard drive anymore I have tried it on several PCs including the one at home all using Windows and none of them recognize it I tried all USB ports on my PC and none of them work the light on the hard drive is ON so I know there is no connectivity issue I tried several free trial softwares even the ones by Seagate and none of them recognized the drive so I cannot use their tools for recovering files or detecting the hard drive When I check the Disk Management it does not show there When I check the Device Manager it does not show under USB controllers but it DOES show under Disk Drives I also checked and the drive is up to date The Model is BUP Slim BK In my quick launch the drive is recognized there and gives me the option to Eject it but it doesn t actually Eject it when I click on it it either stop responding or does nothing unless I manually unplug it EDIT After a really long time the Eject message says the device is already in use which is probably why it doesnt Safely eject nbsp

A:Seagate Portable External Hard Drive Slim not detected by PC

I am also having the same problem, as I need to get some stuff off my hard drive but it does not show up on any of it, was just wondering if you had found a way to fix this yet?
Kind Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seagate-portable-external-hard-drive-slim-not-detected-by-pc.207640/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have just recently purchased my first graphics card in attempt to upgrade my computer into a gaming computer and I have been running into a few problems here and there. My graphics card which is an AMD Radeon HD 6350 512MB With Low Profile Bracket And DMS-59 Port (http://ecx.imagesamazon.com/images/I/51XfYIEq1OL._SY355_.jpg) . My computer is just not detecting it whatsoever.
please help D;

A:Emachines et1161-07 graphic card not detected

Please provide specifications for computer? Provide information on Make and Model of computer, or please provide list of parts (including the make and model of each main part) Can not give any help without knowing what we are working with.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-et1161-07-graphic-card-not-detected.211122/
Relevancy 25.37%

My TV is not detected by my computer. It's plugged in through an HDMI cable. Under screen resolution after I click detect it states that another display is not detected (I've tried after unplugging my monitor). It's not the cable nor TV's fault because I used both with an old computer running Windows 8 with no problems. I've tried using different ports on the TV (my computer only has one port).

Specs
Windows 8.1 64-bit
i7-4790k
8 gb RAM
R9 285x

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tv-not-detected.210760/
Relevancy 27.52%

The Samsung rv510 laptop I have has a rubber plug blocking the HDMI port.
I assume it's because they use the "Case/Shell" for multiple models and this one does not come with it.
My questions:.... Are these built into the mobo or is there a Video card I could replace inside?
I'm assuming it's onboard in which case I will need to get a VGA+3.5mm audio to HDMI adapter in order to make this work?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-upgrade-samsung-rv510-to-hdmi.209619/
Relevancy 27.09%

My newest task is centered around an HP Pavilion 15-p033ca laptop with a broken screen. Replacing the screen is actually super simple but my issue lies elsewhere.

Normally I would hook the laptop up to a monitor via VGA cable. This newer laptop only has an HDMI hook-up, so I hooked it up to my TV with that cable. The HP logo upon start up is semi-visible as the picture is distorted. So, before I spend money and order the screen my question is...

Does an HDMI relay the Broken screens picture to the TV and that's why is messed up? or should the TV picture still be clear? Like when a broken screen laptop is hooked to an external monitor with a VGA and the external monitor works fine.

I'm worried there may be an internal GPU or Mobo issue aside from the screen being broke.... Finally is there a better way I can test this instead?

Thanks for any info or Ideas in advance!

Relevancy 39.99%

Is there a way to connect a displayport monitor to an IBM style PC? Found a new monitor in my brother-in-law estate and was wonder if there is a way to use it. Thanks for any help

A:How can I run a displayPort monitor on a PC using Windows 7

If the monitor and the video card in u'r computer have the same connections, and u have a power cable for it. It should work if it is new as u say. Try it and see. That should not cost anything.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-run-a-displayport-monitor-on-a-pc-using-windows-7.209543/
Relevancy 27.09%

Okay so I've read the other threads and figure that...well...I figured nothing.

Audio sounds great. It's from my gigabyte motherboard, not from an expansion card. I have a jumper cable running from my mobo to my video card for the audio signal. When there is no audio playing on my computer, there is a sort of static buzz that has what seems like a specific rate to it... "blip blip____blip blip___blip blip"..... sort of like that

All inputs/recording settings have been disabled.

The only fix I have is to basically open an app (winamp) and have it play audio at 0% volume. It's kind of stupid and would prefer to not have to do this. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

A:Buzzing when no sounds play over HDMI connection

I have a jumper cable running from my mobo to my video card for the audio signal.Click to expand...

That's the norm for HDMI. HUMMMMMM or other noise when no sound is being produced intentionally is usually a grounding or cable shielding problem.

To be honest, my laptop HDMI is iffy; by that I mean, a connection to the HDTV at home and at one auditorium is just fine, but at another location, I get hum all the time both with and without sound originating from the laptop - - using the same hdmi cable.

The laptop has a plastic case and of course can not be shielded and therefore subject to 'environmental' interference'

In normal audio circuits, a/c hum indicates poor or no shielding (ie grounding) OR
the leads on the audio cable are reverse - - the ground on the cable is wired (by mistake) to the audio hot lead (ie the input).

On your PC, make sure you have a grounded A/C power cord and the wall plate has an active ground connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buzzing-when-no-sounds-play-over-hdmi-connection.209553/
Relevancy 38.7%

Just as 4K displays were becoming more affordable and widespread, it seems as though industry standards groups are preparing to up the stakes again. Apple's 5K iMac still isn't a high enough resolution for the Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA),...

Read more

A:VESA readies DisplayPort 1.4a standard with support for 8K displays

it is likely that we will see 8K TVs become more readily available before 8K computers do.Click to expand...

It is likely the only reason to have an 8K computer would be to use an 8K TV as the display.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vesa-readies-displayport-1-4a-standard-with-support-for-8k-displays.208715/
Relevancy 24.94%

Good Day My laptop is a HP - notebook I run a LinuxMint cinnamon Rebecca bit O S I have quot cheese quot amp VLC available for webcam operation However I cannot get either to correctly active operate the integrated webcam I will try to provide as much detail as I can then I have a few questions and demands Every once-in-a-while the isn't detected/operating Webcam webcam will operate through quot cheese quot albeit for only seconds to about - minutes Then it shuts down and error reports quot No Device Found quot or quot Error Playing Video quot In VLC it s error reports quot VLC is unable to open the MRL v l Check the log for details quot I ve even tried guvcview and it s error report is quot check for correct drivers quot Webcam isn't detected/operating I ve Webcam isn't detected/operating been to on just about every Linux Ubuntu forum I can find I ve been to on HP Linux forum Have multiple postings at those forums dealing with Webcam isn't detected/operating this issue and as yet all efforts have been futile I getting the impression I have driver quot issues but I cannot ascertain what drivers I need from Linux nor why they are not in the kernel We know the webcam is operable works so we can rule out hardware I m completely baffled as to how it will operate so intermittently How I get a different error report from each software app I e VLC cheese guvcview PLEASE don t tell me to go to Linux Ubuntu Please don t tell me to go to HP I ve have all but exhausted those avenues Forgive me if this post is not in the proper forum Tell me and I ll post to the correct forum and delete this here Should you need any other info please request specifically what you want need and I ll be glad to forward post it Rick nbsp

A:Webcam isn't detected/operating

Not to say that this is the Wrong place to put it, it is definitely a Laptop/Mobile computing issue, but not everyone knows Linux systems, I myself am not a Linux user and don't fully understand how to use it, so I will suggest posting the exact same stuff (Just copy the info and make a new thread) and post here:
http://www.techspot.com/community/forums/the-alternative-os.16/

For the Title, just add "Linux" at the end or something so that users can identify quickly and not have to read through the full post Best of luck with your issue, wish I could help more.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/webcam-isnt-detected-operating.208223/
Relevancy 24.94%

For some reason my Inspiron 5537 laptop intermittently chooses not to detect the DVD/CD rom drive. Discs can be read in the drive at random times, but usually I'm not able to use this drive. When checking the setup utility F2 . . . I noticed that the SATA ODD is not detected. Just yesterday it was detected (no changes were made to the computer during that interval). Is this a driver issue? I would appreciate any help in troubleshooting.

A:(SATA ODD) not detected

It's a recent model so if it's under warranty I'd make use of it. You could try uninstalling the device in System Properties, Device Manager. Restart the laptop and see if the drive is detected with the default Windows drivers. Dell computers are well designed for maintenance and you could remove the drive and then reconnect it in case it's loose. That's most likely done by removing the battery, undoing one or two screws on the bottom and sliding out the optical drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-odd-not-detected.208320/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello guys,
This is my first thread here, and my english is not that good also, so excuse me for any mistakes
I have my Prestigio PC for a 5 years and there were no problems. But today when I started the PC, a error occured.
On starting screen(American Megatrends GUI) there was written: "Primary IDE Slave: Not Detected" and after a few seconds my screen went black and "reboot and select proper Boot device or insert boot media into selected boot device and press a key" message appeared.
So I thought that I will just need to put my Win 7 CD to the CD-ROM, but then I found out I lost it while we were moving.
My BIOS is also saying that Primary IDE Slave is not detected
Is there any way to solve this problem? Is there any way to boot Win from USB?
Thank you for answers

Have a nice day!

A:Primary IDE Slave Not Detected on Windows 7 Ultimate

Open up the computer, check that the cables are properly 'seated' (pushed in all the way) on the drive and on the motherboard. I know you said it has worked for several years, but for it not to boot with the Primary IDE Slave not connected the only way that makes sense for this to happen is if the optical drive is jumpered to Master and the hard drive itself to Slave. That is a bit unusual. You typically would have your hard drive as Master and the optical as Slave. It doesn't really matter, as evidenced by it working in the past, it just isn't a 'normal' setup.

If the cables are seated properly (power and data), your drive could have failed.. 5 years is a decent lifespan for a hard drive.

You can make a bootable USB for Windows 7, although you can't without a working computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/primary-ide-slave-not-detected-on-windows-7-ultimate.207604/
Relevancy 28.38%

I'd like to know if there is such a thing because a friend wants to run an extra HDMI to another tv. I don't know if the current box he uses has just one HDMI outlet or more so I thought I'd ask you experts if there is a HDMI duplex.

A:HDMI Duplex ?

If you're talking about sending one source to multiple displays you'll need something like this
http://www.monoprice.com/Category?c_id=101&cp_id=10113&cs_id=1011301

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdmi-duplex.207173/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi,

I bought a laptop this time 2 years ago. Suddenly wile watching a hd film in bed my laptop over heated and then crashed. So I waited then booted up again and now my good graphics card is not working
It is not being detected in device manager at all. Does anyone know how to fix this?

some details on laptop and graphics card. cost me a good bita dosh so would like to get it fixed
Chassis & Display Vortex Series: 17.3" Matte Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core?i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-3840QM (2.80GHz) 8MB
Memory (RAM) 32GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 (4 x 8GB)
Graphics Card AMD® Radeon® HD 7970M - 2GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11

A:Laptop Graphics card suddenly not detected

Ouch if the laptop over heats and shuts down and not recognized again it could actually be physical damage to the video card. Another way to test if the video card has completely failed is by plugging an external monitor into the display port on the laptop. It could connect via hdmi, vga, or possibly display port. If a picture appears on the monitor then it could possibly be software related if you dont see a picture the video card has failed for sure. If it has failed you will more than likely have to replace the motherboard. In rare chance the video card may not be intergrated to motherboard but I doubt it. If you know someone that could whats called (re-flow) the video card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-graphics-card-suddenly-not-detected.206677/
Relevancy 23.65%

My 320 GB Seagate external hard drive is detected but not showing up in my computer. What should I do?

In cmd> diskpart> list volume it does not show up. (screenshot attached)

In Device Manager it gets detected. (screenshot attached)

In disk management it shows up as 'unallocated'. If I initialize it, will I lose all data on the drive? It had 4 partitions. (screenshot attached)

In My Computer also it does not show up. (screenshot attached)
Even BIOS recognizes it.

What to do? I don't want to lose any data on the drive. If I initialize it in device manager will I lose data?

I was installing window XP on my computer, usually I remove the external drive but this time I did not. The external drive was shown as 4 drives in partition manager during installation. But the installation failed. The next time I was installing windows again, the external drive was shown as 1 single unknown or unrecognized drive. I'm not sure if it was unknown or unrecognized. I'm sure I didn't format it. So what I need to do now? I don't want to lose any data.

A:Seagate external hard drive not showing up in my computer. It is detected.

Yes, if you initialize it you will 'lose' everything. You will want to try something like [email protected] Recovery or maybe Easeus Partition Recovery.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seagate-external-hard-drive-not-showing-up-in-my-computer-it-is-detected.205926/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hello,
Sony KDL-32R410b TV has only two hdmi inputs , one is HDMI MHL other is HDMI ARC.
I have a dvd player with a regular plug HDMI output.I do not own a receiver compatible with the ARC function.
My question is if I can connect my dvd player to ARC TV HDMI socket.In this case it is possible to damage the TV?
Thank you.

A:Hdmi connection

Background:
what the heck is MHL? Think of it as a technology that turns a common MicroUSB cable into an HDMI cable, but with a few special features. MHL stands for Mobile High-definition Link, and it's the brainchild of a group of companies?including Nokia, Samsung, Silicon Image, Sony and Toshiba?that wanted a specification that could be used to connect smart phones, tablets, and other devices to an HDTV.​
HDMI 1.4 introduces two features called ARC (audio return channel) and HEC (HDMI Ethernet channel).​

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdmi-connection.205535/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hello This is my very first post on this site I was looking for a good place for tech support and an My HDMI-DVI Monitor and with Connection Some Help Need this was recommend so now I m here Alright - here s the story A few months ago my neighbor moved They gave away some of their stuff one of which is a ViewSonic VG wm monitor which was given to me At first glance it didn t look like much Then I decided Need Some Help with My Monitor and an HDMI-DVI Connection to some research on it and it turns out that it s actually an HD monitor back from It even displays in full p After I found that out I wanted to try out my Wii U with it That s when I ran into a pretty big roadblock Turns out that even though it can do HD the oh so sensible people at ViewSonic decided to NOT incorporate an HDMI port Weird right Anyway it has two input ports - a DVI-D port and a VGA port I ve been using my laptop with the monitor through the VGA port and it displays at x Little did I know that VGA is quite archaic when Need Some Help with My Monitor and an HDMI-DVI Connection compared to DVI and HDMI I just went on vacation to the States I live in the Bahamas - and I was able to Need Some Help with My Monitor and an HDMI-DVI Connection pick up a really affordable yet well-reviewed DVI-HDMI male-to-male adapter cable made by ULTRA Since I couldn t bring my monitor with me I had to wait to get all the way back home here in the Bahamas Why oh why As soon as I got home I plugged in the cable to the back of the monitor the DVI end and into my Wii U the HDMI end I powered on the monitor and WALLA ----- oh wait quot No Signal quot I ve been trying for about - hours now and that s all I can get from it I ve tried all I can I even plugged the HDMI end into my set-top box and believe it or not IT WORKED I took it out and tried it again but once again quot No Signal quot That s the only time it s worked I m not sure what the case is I ve done all I can I tried it on my laptop it s the only one in the house with an HDMI port and this monitor is the only one in the house with a DVI port The monitor has age on it I can t access the OSD and there are a few bright spots but it still looks and works good I just really wanted to try DVI since it s apparently in the same ballpark as HDMI when it comes down to display quality So does anyone have any ideas I can t return the cable to try for a different one just in case IT S the problem - and to buy one here in my country is a little more expensive TL DR - Monitor won t accept DVI signal from HDMI to DVI adapter cable but accepts VGA just fine Any tips to attempt a fix nbsp

A:Need Some Help with My Monitor and an HDMI-DVI Connection

Not completely sure since I have a laptop (I don't use an external monitor), but don't you have to switch the input of the monitor like a TV?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-some-help-with-my-monitor-and-an-hdmi-dvi-connection.204858/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi Frnds

I hav a Toshiba 1 TB external HDD. It was working fyn till today. Now it is not showing in My Computer or Disk Management. It does make the sound when I connect or disconnect it from the laptop. and the HDD light remains on.

Please advise how to fix this

Thanks

A:Toshiba external USB hard drive not detected in any laptop

Go under the Device Manager and uninstall all the USB Controllers then reboot your PC don't connect the 1 TB just yet. Make sure nothing is connect to those ports like a keyboard or mouse otherwise they'll lockup. Once rebooted Windows will rebuild the table for USB Controllers. Now you should be all set. Unless you have some sort of conflict with IRQ or Registry setting. There is a free app called USBDVIEW what you would do is disconnect from all non-disconnected USB devices that are stored on the PC these settings can cause all sort of issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-external-usb-hard-drive-not-detected-in-any-laptop.173740/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi On my motherboard there is a HDMI port and there is also one on my Nvidia graphics card if I plug the HDMI cable from my tele it works swap it onto the motherboard HDMI no detection of the tele.Is there something in the bios to correct this and if there is would it be really worth using the one on the motherboard.My cpu is a AMD Athlon x4 which needed a discrete graphics card.regards Martin

A:Two HDMI

Usually when you install a graphics card, it should disable the on-board graphics. There should be a way to activate usage of it from your BIOS, but I would highly recommend just forgetting about it and use your Nvidia Graphics Card. Dedicated Graphics Cards will (most of the time) be better than on-board graphics.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-hdmi.204238/
Relevancy 27.09%

I have headphones through onboard audio set as the default playback device.

I have HDMI set to listen stereo mix (onboard) under recording devices so that I can get duplicate audio on my headphones and TV.

Windows 7 likes to set as HMDI audio as the default playback device when I am not looking (assumedly shortly after rebooting, but not quite sure when). And then I get no sound from my headphones because the programs are all playing on HDMI.

Is there way I can fix this?

A:HDMI hijacks default playback device

Hmm; I think HDMI is mutually exclusive to pc { speakers & headphones }. If the HDMI senses a signal to the tv, then the others go off.

right-click on the speaker icon in the tray and view/set the playback devices

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdmi-hijacks-default-playback-device.204095/
Relevancy 27.95%

A recent power outage has caused some of my hardware to function oddly...
My tv's hdmi ports seem to still work for say a ps3, but when hooking up to my gtx 760 I get "No Signal"?
I only have one hdmi port but several other dvi ports. My smaller monitor(plugged into dvi port 1) is functioning normally. It also seems the gpu is still functioning because I booted Dota 2 just fine with 60fps(vsync). Could this outage have fried the hdmi port? Should I be worried, should I return it or just buckle down with 2 dvi connectors? I was gonna test out hdmi to dvi cables to test my theory but am unsure what to do otherwise.

MSI TF/OC 760
TV:NS-39L240A13

A:Faulty HDMI port?

Did the pc->tv work before the outage and did the pc suffer immediate power off too?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-hdmi-port.203802/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo S Series Si 2636 laptop with built-in webcam 1.3 MPixel and I am using Windows 7 Ultimate. I've been using it with no problems so far but when I just wanted to make a video call notice it's not working." Webcam not detected" and when I tried to look it up in search it wasn't found. What is the problem? What should I do? Please help me

I have the same problem ... and I cant use it ??? why

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/webcam-not-detected.173759/
Relevancy 21.5%

Yesterday, I started a download and kept the pc on with my Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex External HDD 1TB plugged in. After I woke up I realized that there was a power cut and the computer went off unexpectadly (I had no UPS or any backup system).And, I found that my Ext HDD was not seen in my computer anymore (It was working perfectly until before I went to bed).
In device manager, under 'Disks' it shows 'GoFlex Hard Disk', but in BIOS or Disk Manager there is no sign of this HDD.

I really need the data in the HDD badly. Please help me recover it.
P.S. I read somewhere that keeping the HDD in freezer might help and give a little more time. Is that true? Worth the risk?

A:External HDD gets detected in Device Manager but not Disk Manager or seen in 'My Computer'

Power outage probably killed something in the enclosure or its PSU. The drive in the enclosure is probably fine. I would remove the drive from the enclosure and put it in a dock or install it in a desktop computer before considering freezing it. Freezing is usually reserved for click of death drives, and a last ditch effort.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hdd-gets-detected-in-device-manager-but-not-disk-manager-or-seen-in-my-computer.201343/
Relevancy 27.95%

So for some years now I have been connecting my Motorola xoom tablet to my TV via hdma to problem HDMI Perculiar watch barious programs A few nights ago I was watching a program disconnected then reconnected my tablet and got no signal on my TV The tablet recognises that it is connected to the tv the system bar increases in size when connected and even knows when I have switched to the correct hdmi channel the tv however gives me no signal or rarely not support if I switch away then back to the appropriate hdmi channel In an effort to get to te root of the problem I have connected my tablet to another tv which worked fine and I have connected my laptop to the TV with the error and that worked fine So the tablet is cabable of sending a readable hdmi signal and my TV of recieving and interperating one Perculiar HDMI problem It seems the problem only seems to appear when these devices are conncted Also my laptop hdmi is displayed whilst the tablet is plugged into the other hdmi port I am utterly confused there have been no software Perculiar HDMI problem updates between when te connection was working an when it stopped it was maybe a minute period of the tablet being unplugged when the issue has manifested Perhaps one of you out there Perculiar HDMI problem can crack this case I however can not Any help would be greatly appreciated Onshell nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/perculiar-hdmi-problem.200915/
Relevancy 35.26%

Is there a huge difference between these cables or is it just all talk ?? I have this new kick *** tv that I want to get the best out of, after I've calibrated it aswell, and was wondering if it was worth investing in these supra hdmi cables as they are quite more expensive than the normal ones and the specs do seem to be pretty good.

A:HDMI vs Supra HDMI

ALL marketing hype

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdmi-vs-supra-hdmi.200432/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi everyone

I Have AMD Radeon HD 7800 series installed on my PC. The Catalyst Control Center is also installed.
Due to some reasons I need to block the HDMI output of this graphic card. Is it possible ? if yes how?

A:How to block HDMI output on graphic card?

Heh, what's your reasons? I don't know of any software solution, so you'll have to either not plug anything in or physically damage the HDMI port.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-block-hdmi-output-on-graphic-card.200394/
Relevancy 28.38%

What do you mean the hdmi port from my graphics card? Did you find out that hdmi port was bad? If so how can I replace it.

Moderator note: Moved from this thread - http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tv-is-not-detecting-my-pc-via-hdmi.197533/#post-1382473

A:Bad HDMI port?

You can't. Return the card to retailer/manufacturer for a repair if it's within warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bad-hdmi-port.200220/
Relevancy 24.94%

My SSD is not detected in BIOS but when I run the windows CD it does recognize it as a partition. I just can't format and reinstall it, the windows message says it's because BIOS not detecting it. Anyone else experienced this or know the solution?

My MOBO is a gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP

A:SSD not detected in new MOBO

Did you delete the existing partition? If you delete all partitions on the drive, you should end up with all unallocated space, then you should be able to format, or just tell Windows to install on the drive and it will format it. BTW a "full" format is recommended in this situation (instead of a "quick" format), even though it's a lot slower, especially if you had Windows on it before (Google it for the long explanation why). Also try a different SATA cable and port if possible, cables can go bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ssd-not-detected-in-new-mobo.200188/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi guys,

I have a Toshiba Satellite C870 and I can't seem to get the webcam working! I have updated to the latest drivers but I can't even seem to find it in device management... Does this mean that it could possibly be a hardware problem? Thank you in advance for all information that could help me find the solution!

Not a cure, but try this link. http://www.testwebcam.com/
then click allow in the box. If it works & is aimed at you, you should see yoursef. Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/webcam-not-detected.199125/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello the product code of my laptop is HP B U PA ACJ windows bit I have built HP not 430 webcam laptop detected in camera It was working nicely at starting but since one year now its not working whenever I open my cyberlink youcam I get this error quot no webcam detected try plugging in a webcam into your computer now if you are using an integrated camera make sure that is turned on quot I tried re installing but it didnt work I checked my device manager The snap short of the same is below I entered msinfo in the run In components gt problem devices The following list appears- Ethernet Controller PCI VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS C amp REV amp amp amp E The drivers for this device are not installed Not Available ROOT WPD The drivers for this device are not installed Not Available ROOT WPD The drivers for this device are not installed Not Available ROOT WPD The drivers for this device are not installed Not Available ROOT WPD The drivers for this device are not installed Not Available ROOT WPD The drivers for this device are not installed Not Available ROOT WPD The drivers for this device are not installed Not Available ROOT WPD The drivers for this device are not installed Not Available ROOT WPD The drivers for this device are not installed Not Available ROOT WPD The drivers for this HP 430 laptop webcam not detected device are not installed Not Available ROOT WPD The drivers for this device are not installed Not Available ROOT WPD The drivers for this device are not installed Not Available ROOT WPD The drivers for this device are not installed Not Available ROOT WPD The drivers for this device are not installed Not Available ROOT WPD The drivers for this device are not installed Not Available ROOT WPD The drivers for this device are not installed PCI Device PCI VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS C amp REV amp amp amp E The drivers for this device are not installed nbsp

A:HP 430 laptop webcam not detected

By default, Device Manager shows a device if it's connected and powered on.
> None of those hardware IDs are your web cam
> Look through Dev Manager under imaging device, USB devices and see if any "Other" device entries. Anything look like your cam? Any line item with a yellow icon (Other then the Ethernet and Network controller devices)

If not, then check if any way to power/on off the cam. Any on/off functions or switches on your laptop for the cam. If not, the cam must have failed. Unfortunately, I see alot of that problem on this forum

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-430-laptop-webcam-not-detected.199164/
Relevancy 28.38%

I have a hp 5750 . I want to connect a plasma tv to it that has a hdmi connection in the back . I had it connected before on my old comp. and it work fine through the video card hdmi connection. But this computer doesn't have a video card only the on board.For some reason I don't get any picture when I connect it. I bought an adapter like http://www.amazon.com/Cables-Unlimi...703872&sr=1-12&keywords=dvi+to+hdmi+converter and used a hdmi cable but still no picture . Any idea would be great. Thx

A:DVI to HDMI?

Dvi does not carry sound channels - only video ( to my knowledge). You will need a dedicated graphics card that has an HDMI output for an HDMI tv

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvi-to-hdmi.199047/
Relevancy 24.94%

Sir, my 500 GB Portable Seagate Hard drive is not being detected anymore in My Computer but it shows up id Disk Management. When I start disk management, it tries to initialize my portable drive but reports an I/O error. Also it shows my hard drive as an unallocated and unknown device. Is there any way I can get my disk back to use without losing my datas in it?

A:Hard drive not detected

Not very likely, at least not easily. Try it with another computer before you do anything further. Also try a different USB cable.

If those both fail, you might have some luck breaking open the case and getting at the drive itself and then placing that in an external dock..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-not-detected.199143/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi All newbie to this forum I have a sound disappearing problem Yamaha RX-V receiver Vizio audio HDMI output problem E VL TV Chromecast Win Laptop with HDMI output OK so I feed the Laptop HDMI HDMI audio output problem to the Yamaha HDMI- the Chromecast is plugged into HDMI- to the Yamaha and the HDMI output HDMI audio output problem of the Yamaha goes to the VIZIO HDMI- I am a little hard of hearing so I use the TV sound when watching movies with slightly muffled sound as the crappy TV speakers add just enough harshness to be useful It all works individually - sometimes I looks to me like it depends on what setup was running when the Yamaha is turned off and then the Yamaha seems to decide what is allowed when I turn it back on It seems like the Yamaha is deciding what sound I need over the HDMI connections when passing it through to the TV HDMI Sometimes the sound works on the TV and sometimes it does not I cannot seem to find a connection or start up sequence that always works Therefore I am not sure what is causing the issue If I disconnect everything then connect just the laptop OR the just Chromecast then it works just fine There is something going weird with the combination when all plugged in I am lost with this one and I am no novice to hifi TV or computers Try as I might I cannot find a repeatable start up sequence to begin finding out what is happening with the sound Thoughts and suggestions would be very much appreciated Thanks Harry nbsp

A:HDMI audio output problem

Most every TV I've seen the user selects the input device {TV, AV, Computer, HDMI-1, HDMI-2} and all other devices are ignored - - saying when HDMI-1 is active, the other has no effect.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdmi-audio-output-problem.198561/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello,

I'm running Windows 7 on a Toshiba and recently encountered a problem. When I answer a skype call, I can see and hear my friend. But my friend was unable to hear or see me. I have checked the skype settings and Control Panel. Apparently the two built in mic and camera were not detected at all.
I've attached the diagnostic file which I observed was requested for in other threads.

Please help, much appreciated.
Regards!

A:Not detected - Microphone and Webcam

I've never used Skype, but it sounds to me like the problem is with your friend, not you. Have your friend check his/her settings & make sure your friend has the most current version of Skype.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/not-detected-microphone-and-webcam.198378/
Relevancy 24.94%

I bought a hard disk around 3 months ago. While watching a video today, it stopped working. It is not neing shown in My Computer or in Disk Management. But it appears in Devices and Printers.
Please help as there was some important stuff in it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-disk-not-being-detected.198069/
Relevancy 24.51%

hi,
Im using a verizon wirleess USB modem (verizon wireless usb551l). It has been working fine for the last month, all of a sudden i start getting this

"windows has detected an ip address conflict"

Ive spoken to verizon, we were nice enough to allow me to get a new device after we spent an hour troubleshooting and still the same problem. Im connected for about 8 minutes then i disconnect and get the pop up with the error. I have been told that i have a windows 7 issue. Im not sure where to look or what do to? any help would be great, thanks in advance

ive tried resetting the IP address, reinstalled software. idk what else to do!

A:Windows has detected an IP address conflict

Where did you reset the IP address? I mean in which device did you reset the IP address?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-has-detected-an-ip-address-conflict.179937/
Relevancy 24.51%

I've been working on this webcam issue of mine for about the past five hours now. I've literally gone through, deleted off Lifeframe, Virtual Camera, Smart Logon, downloaded the drivers and keep getting an error "USB2.0 UVC VGA/1.3m/2.0M WebCam" every time I try running any of the drivers for it. I'm frustrated because I just installed a new one thinking my old one was perhaps defective. I've checked BIOS and haven't seen anything in reference to webcam, there's no imaging devices section in my Device Manager and I'm just completely confused as to what the heck is wrong.

If I can put any more information to be more assisting in my issue I will but for now this is all I've got.

A:Asus G73jh Webcam Not Detected

You could invest in one of these:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826193044

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-g73jh-webcam-not-detected.191948/
Relevancy 28.38%

I recently purchased an HDMI splitter and connected it to the output of my GFX card(GTX 570) so I could change from my primary monitor to my HD TV simply by pressing a button rather than having to manually swap out the cable every time I wish to play something from my PC on the big screen. Thing is it don't seem to work, when plugged in all I get is a black screen on both the monitor and TV and the LED on the splitter flashes red. Can any one help please?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111057904...&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=54

A:HDMI Problem

In my experience, the adapters never really work. I had a splitter, and that caused a few problems with syncing and stuff.

Try using your PC monitor without the adapter, then while it is all running, introduce the adapter and see if that works?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdmi-problem.197219/
Relevancy 27.95%

I'm just curious as to why I see the black & white images on the top left corner my Monitor when I shut my W7 pc down? They don't appear together, but sequentially. Its no biggie, just curious,thank you.

A:HDMI, Digital & Analog

No idea. Could be your monitor text saying "no signal, going to sleep". Try and take a photo next time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdmi-digital-analog.196425/
Relevancy 27.95%

I have a Series 9 laptop, an external Samsung Monitor 2494 LW & Samsung HDMI to VGA adapter. It was working , laptop now doesn't recognize the monitor - do the $40 adapters fail?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-hdmi-to-vga-adapter.196053/
Relevancy 24.08%

Apollo Imation 500GB 2.5" HDD is not detected. Usual fixes not applicable. It can be found in Disk management as Unallocated Or Under Device mgmt as one of the Disk drives. Please help how to retrieve my information.

Thanks in advance.

A:Apollo Imation 500GB 2.5" HDD is not detected in Win 7

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it appears that since windows is seeing the hard drive, but not it's partitions - that something has messed up the file allocation table on the drive. Hopefully there's not something physically wrong with the drive. Some data recovery software should be able to "see" the data that windows cannot. I use a program called UFS Explorer ( http://www.ufsexplorer.com/index.php ) it works really well for drives that have data, but windows cannot see them. There are other data recovery programs/software out there, UFS Explorer is just what I am familiar with.

Hope this helps, take care!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/apollo-imation-500gb-2-5-hdd-is-not-detected-in-win-7.195183/
Relevancy 27.95%

For the last year I have been happy to use the VGA cable for my pc because I was connecting it directly to the vga port in my tv monitor It did the job perfectly with full p HOWEVER If I try to plug in the HDMI which I will have to do with the new gpu I am HDMI VGA - 5770 vs Sapphire getting I would get the inch black border problem Apparently this happens when you use ATI cards with tv s instead of a monitor So I figured go into the AMD vision engine control centre and adjust Sapphire 5770 - VGA vs HDMI the scaling This gets rid of the black border and boosts me back up to the proper side for p on my tv The problem I now have is that my image looks a complete mess it looks pixilated so I took down the contrast and sharpness on the settings for the monitor but it still looks like crap Does anyone have any solutions as to how I can get the best image Sapphire 5770 - VGA vs HDMI quality from my hdmi tv with the hdmi cable from my nbsp

A:Sapphire 5770 - VGA vs HDMI

Sortta, I had a similar issue where the image quality just did not live up to what HDMI was, now bear in mind for me I have 6990s so things might be slightly different, but you should have the same control panel look/configs.

Now I first set the monitor to overscan in catalyst control center which is under My Digital Flat Panels, and then scaling options which will remove the border.

Next is the other part I had to do, in the same area under My Digital Flat Panels, go to HDTV support, from there, you should see some lists that you can scroll through, in the top list look for the NTSC (Well you need to use your area, NTSC is in America) and click the one for your display (Which if im guessing correctly, should be a check mark in the Box for 1080p60).

Hope that helps, if it doesn't let me know!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sapphire-5770-vga-vs-hdmi.195020/
Relevancy 24.08%

I am having a 650GB Samsung Hard Disk. Once I was transferring files from the hard disk to my PC and lights went out. Now when I connect my hard disk it is not being detected though it shows up in the Disk Management menu. I have tried formatting the HDD but it shows time remaining as 300 hours so I had to stop it midway. Is any other solution available for it...??? Please help...!!!

A:Samsung 650GB External Hard Disk Not Being Detected

If you feel confident enough, Open it up and remove the hard drive from inside the enclosure and fit it directly in to your pc.

This will help determine if the hard drive or enclosure is to blame.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-650gb-external-hard-disk-not-being-detected.194072/
Relevancy 35.69%

I need to know if the HDMI motherboard in a 60" Samsung Plasma TV can be used in a Sony Bravia 52" TV. The motherboard in my Sony died and I have access to one in a Samsung Plasma that's screen cracked.

A:Is a 60" Samsung Plasma HDMI motherboard compatible with a 52" Sony Bravia HDMI motherboard.

No, it would not be, in the past I had to repair a tv for a friend that had his board shorted that was an LCD Sony Bravia 52 Inch and its board was very specific as with all Sony Products. The Boards on the TV's are the hearts and the companies that built them don't allow for parts to be interchanged easily. Your best bet is ebay and finding the part number to find a board, that's how I got the one I used to fix it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-a-60-samsung-plasma-hdmi-motherboard-compatible-with-a-52-sony-bravia-hdmi-motherboard.193309/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi,

I have had an Iomega external hard for a year now and it used to work perfectly, until suddenly, my computer (Mac) won't detect it anymore.

When I turn it on, the blue light comes on and I can hear the disk spinning inside, but there is no trace of any external device connected to my mac. I've connected through USB and Firewire with no success. Going to disk utility, only my internal hard drive appears.

It simply just stopped showing up on my computer. Does anybody have any advice to get my hard drive working again?

A:Iomega External Hard Drive stopped being detected

Try a different usb & firewire port physically on your mac & try a different cable. If no dice try it on a different mac or even on a PC, see if the other computer detects it. many times w/ external hard drives the enclosure fails but the drive is ok. worse case scenario the enclosure is bad & you can remove drive to put in another enclosure, or the whole thing could be hosed. try this, post back. thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/iomega-external-hard-drive-stopped-being-detected.192596/
Relevancy 24.94%

Having some trouble with the built-in webcam I have on my laptop. I bought it used from a friend (it's a custom built laptop), and am only having this problem recently. I believe I've uploaded the correct info, if I understood the directions. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Any CD come with it? If not, I'd suggest going to the manufacturers website of the webcam & get any updates for it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/webcam-not-detected.191825/
Relevancy 28.38%

I'm trying to connect a laptop to a TV via HDMI for a presentation. Everytime I connect the HDMI the laptop screen goes blank and the TV screen appears with the laptop screen. Is there a way to get both screens working together at the same time while the HDMI is plugged in?

A:HDMI connections

One of the Fn keys toggles, {PC,External, PC+External} depending upon the laptop.

look for the Fn key with two rectangles {on a dell, its FN+F1}

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdmi-connections.191621/
Relevancy 24.94%

Help Please!

Our Printer has decided not to work - have uninstalled it and re-installed it but the computer will not recognise it. I should say I am not very techy-minded but usually can manage this but fter following all the instructions etc there's something not righ, and I dont know what!

it is a kodak 7250 an connected via wi-fi. It is connected to the wi-fi network, same one as the computer but the computer does not detect the printer.

have followed all the instructions via kodak website and other places and am beginning to lose the plot with it now. [would love to chuck the thing in the blooming pond!!!]

anyone any ideas?

A:Printer not detected!

Ok, I'm not panicking now. think I have sorted it out now. (something to do with the IP address, device manager and the spooler service (?!?) lol.)
anyway got one computer connected anyhow, so will do for now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printer-not-detected.190989/
Relevancy 28.38%

I just built a new PC and installed a Sapphire RADEON HD 6670 1gb DDR5...

I want to run two monitors (extended) using the DVI and HDMI ports. I just get a black screen on the second monitor??

A:How to use HDMI & DVI at the same time...

Which operating system are you using?
Do you have an option to extend desktop in Windows display properties?

If you are using Windows 7 try pressing "Windows Key + P" at the same time. This should bring up a projection menu with 4 options.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-use-hdmi-dvi-at-the-same-time.189833/
Relevancy 28.38%

I have absolutely no idea about it...can anyone please tell me what it is (in brief) and also will it improve my graphic visuals in my monitor??

A:What is an HDMI cable and do I need one?

HDMI stands for high definition media interface, basically it's a 2 in one cable that carries the display signal as well as a sound signal. If you use a HDMI cable to connect your laptop to your tv for example, you'll be able to use the TV as another monitor, and you'll also be able to play music through your tv speakers.
With computer monitors, unless they have built in speakers that you plan to use, there's no real advantage of using a HDMI cable to connect from your computer, a standard DVI or VGA connection is just as good (Though go with DVI (White) over VGA (Blue) if possible there)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-is-an-hdmi-cable-and-do-i-need-one.189084/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have a mobo that supports optical out along with a GTX that has HDMI The problem is I broke the S PDIF connector pins on the GPU so I can HDMI/optical sound output t connect it to the mobo pins I need this cable for sound-over-HDMI to work correct The second question - I am connecting to TV and home theatre by the way - is what s the go with the optical I did try for about half an hour but no dice The Yamaha receiver simply didn t get any sound out of it TV optical out works I did change audio output in windows tried HDMI - no audio mode in Nvidia settings etc Is there some sort of option that is overriding HDMI/optical sound output my mobo optical out with the faulty HDMI out on GPU I d HDMI/optical sound output love to get this working Edit Third question I am of the belief that the optical HDMI/optical sound output will only give me in games if the receiver and game are both in a supported format e g Dolby something-something Is HDMI bound by these same rules nbsp

Relevancy 28.38%

Hi I have just installed a new pc monitor which is capable of HD but my computer which has a HD card connection is connected by HD to my hd television is it possible to install another hd connection so I could connect my pc monitor in hd as well.Since I posted this I now realize I can connect using DVI to HDMI on tjis card as well.Regards Martin.

A:HDMI question

HDMI to DVI converter would work, yes. Or, another graphics card (which is way more expensive).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdmi-question.187964/
Relevancy 24.51%

Dear friends I bought SAMSUNG Spinpoint HN-M MBB Z TB RPM 1TB Samsung be HN-M101MBB/Z4 detected Spinpoint cannot MB Cache quot SATA Gb s Internal Notebook Hard Drive and have been trying to format it on different laptops such as Dell XPS Samsung Acer and others The problem is that it is never detected at all so I can not format it neither install a windows os on it to be able to use it What is wrong why it is never being detected I put it internally of course Please help with advice from the store I bought it they do not want to refund me the money back I connect the hd internally installing it into the hd slot of the laptops so it is a standard connection by default keep in mind the hd is internal But are you trying to tell me that if a new virgin internal hard drive is not being found by different laptops then the hard drive has something wrong and must be replaced by the store they say that I am doing something wrong that is why it is not Samsung Spinpoint HN-M101MBB/Z4 1TB cannot be detected being found when I install it internally to different laptops and when I try to start installing a Windows XP Pro os from a CD in the CD drive the windows installer starts to install but soon gives the message Samsung Spinpoint HN-M101MBB/Z4 1TB cannot be detected that there is no hard drive found and cancels the further installation in the Bios I always set the first boot to be for CD drive and second position for Internal HD THank you in advance nbsp

A:Samsung Spinpoint HN-M101MBB/Z4 1TB cannot be detected

Since it is unlikely that your notebook/laptop has a floppy drive you will have difficulty installing XP on a SATA drive because of the lack of native SATA drivers supplied with the XP installation disk. No supplied drivers, no recognition of the SATA hard drive. During early Setup you are given the opportunity to hit the F6 key to install third party drivers (I.e. SATA/RAID drivers) but XP only recognizes a floppy drive for this process. These SATA drivers would have to come from the laptop's driver support page at their website.

An alternative is to make a slipstream disk which combines your regular XP CD with the appropriate SATA/RAID drivers to allow recognition of your SATA hard drive by Windows Setup. Perform an internet search for the procedure to make such a disk.

Another alternative is to enter the BIOS and set the controller mode to IDE instead of SATA, that is if your laptop BIOS has that option. Many or most modern desktops do but I don't know about laptops. When set to IDE mode, XP doesn't need SATA drivers to continue the installation.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-spinpoint-hn-m101mbb-z4-1tb-cannot-be-detected.186857/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi All

My first post :

Will be buying a new HD monitor, but I do not have HDMI out or DVI-D out from my CPU so what do I do .Right now I only have VGA output.

A:How to take HDMI output from old CPU which has only VGA

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812119395
^
there are vga to hdmi cables, but they WILL NOT WORK. you MUST buy an actual converter like above to convert an analog signal (VGA) to a digital signal (HDMI)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-take-hdmi-output-from-old-cpu-which-has-only-vga.186272/
Relevancy 27.95%

I went to plug my Hdmi cable into the motherboards (asrock z77 1155) Hdmi port and it would not fit. There is nthing bent either on the cord or the port. The port looks good nothing broken looking about it at all.

I thought Hdmi cables were all the same size. Is it possible that the port was just made wrong? or is there a slightly smaller Hdmi chord? cause it wasn't off by a big scale it was just enough that it would not go in.

A:HDMI cable wouldn't fit

Sounds like you have a Display Port - looks just like HDMI but not compatible. Check your mobo documentation.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdmi-cable-wouldnt-fit.185567/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have a problem regarding my external Toshiba hard disk 500 GB where it can?t be detected in my computer and also disk management. I have formatted the external HD since I was asked to format it when an error popped up.
So I formatted it and after the formatting completed, I tried to connect the hard disk to my Windows Win 7 laptop. When I connect it to the laptop, it can?t be detected and yet the hard disk is blinking with its white light like it used to when it is connected to the laptop. I tried the disk management thingy, but it can?t detect my hard disk. I tried in other laptops but the result is same
What can I do to make it better? Please help me.

A:External hard disk not detected in My Computer and in Disk Management

First off, how old is your Toshiba external HDD? Also, when it starts to spin up, do you hear any sort of clicking or whining noise?

If you hear any noises that sound off, it's possible your external HDD is failing.

When you formatted it, what file system did you use to do so? Because sometimes even if Windows can't detect it, I have had success with booting with a Ubuntu Live CD, and then connecting the external HDD in order to format it that way. It all has to do with how Windows formats HDD's and how Ubuntu and other Linux systems do.

If you can I recommend downloading Ubuntu onto a CD and boot to it on one of your computers, in the Live CD mode, so it doesn't install anything. Once its loaded, plug in the Toshiba and try to format it as NTFS (this is important, because Ubuntu doesn't use it as a native file system, so you need to make sure that NTFS is selected on the format window, not EXT4 or the other types of Linux OS File Systems)

If it doesn't work, post back here, and I will see if I can help you some more. Also feel free to PM me if you have any other issues.

Regards,
-Alex

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hard-disk-not-detected-in-my-computer-and-in-disk-management.185432/
Relevancy 24.94%

My detected and CD-ROM BIOS not HDD in desktop had windows xp installed in it Yesterday I tried to installed XP- sp in it I inserted the bootable cd and repartitioned the whole hard drive Then selected C drive for installing the windows XP- SP then the option came formatting the drive with NTFS CD-ROM and HDD not detected in BIOS format I selected it and C drive was formatted But after formatting the system shows an error The message was quot The drive cannot be formatted due to an error please use another partition for installing windows Then I selected D drive and the same message was displayed again Then it showed that there is an error in installtion and CD-ROM and HDD not detected in BIOS press F to quit setup Then I restarted the windows and tried to changes booting device priority Now in BIOS only floppy drive is being displayed No HDD and CD-ROM is displayed in booting devices But initially before installing XP- SP cd I entered BIOS and changed the priority to CD drive At that time both HDD and CDROM was displayed in booting devices priority I dont know what to do now Every time I open windows now it shows that quot Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device quot And when I am entering BIOS and trying to change the boot devices priority neither HDD nor CD-ROM is being displayed there Hows that possible that both HDD and CD- ROM is not detected in BIOS Please help guys Ur advice might be very helpful for me Thanks in advance Regards Vishal nbsp

A:CD-ROM and HDD not detected in BIOS

Hi Vishal, One simple thing you could try, is to remove the BIOS battery, leave it out of the pc for 5 minutes.
Fit it back in the pc, and try again.
Also if that battery is more than 5 years old it may be at a low voltage, so if you have a voltmeter you should get 2.5 to 3V dc, across the battery.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-rom-and-hdd-not-detected-in-bios.181605/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hello, users!

Can somebody compare and contrast the significance between an HDMI cable and a DVI input? I've been thinking for so long that an HDMI input display has an advantage for LCD monitors than the DVI ones from a video card.

What could be the simplest way to determine that an HDMI cable indeed has little to offer than a DVI display?

I'm currently using DVI by default, but I heard recommendations from different forums that I switch to HDMI input. And it gets a little confusing. Thanks

A:HDMI vs. DVI

HDMI Supports audio in addition to digital video, Where DVI only supports digital video.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdmi-vs-dvi.183625/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi there,

I have a Seagate 1TB External Hard drive not being detected after i switched the laptop off while downlading a software file on the hard drive, that i couldn't stop & after the laptop came back up it couldn't detect the HD. Tha power comes on on the HD & the disk spins as it has an adapter & the USB connected to the laptop. Sometimes the light stayed on & lately it only flickers. Tried it on another PC doesn't get detected. Plz some help would b great. Thanks.

A:Seagate 1TB external hard drive not detected

Maybe ?

I have had about 15 Externals in my time, every problem i had was the same one, the circuitboard came away from the hard drive, all i did was unscrewed the whol thing pushed it all back together tightly

Dont know if this will help with your problem....

also try to run chkdsk

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315265 - Windows XP

http://www.w7forums.com/use-chkdsk-check-disk-t448.html -win 7

Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seagate-1tb-external-hard-drive-not-detected.171691/
Relevancy 24.51%

few hours ago, my external drive suddenly stopped working. this pop up window keeps popping out "You need to format this drive before you can use it". everytime I plugged the drive in it will pop out many times. I tried opening it but failed. I have this EASEUS file recovery software so I tried fromatting it but failed. my projects and assignments are in the drive. hope you guys can help me out with this.

A:My WD external cannot be detected, opened, or formatted

If possible, I would suggest trying it on a Linux system (either installed or a Linux live distro on CD). Linux might be able to recognise and hopefully allow you to copy some or all of your data to another drive. There are plenty of live Linux disks available as freebies on Linux mags, if you're stuck (lots promoting Ubuntu 12.04 and fedora 17 at the moment).
Hope this helps...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-wd-external-cannot-be-detected-opened-or-formatted.182758/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hey everyone How r u all Nice to meet u all well my friend bought a laptop it has on board graphics and also a additional nvidia graphics now when I run game the on board graphics card is getting detected and not the nvidia card I tried in bios but in the display part there are only options is optimus whic allows bot nvidia vga and intel vga to work and the other one allows only the intel vga to work so is there a way to make games recognise nvidia or can I disable onboard graphics through graphics not graphics card Onboard detected device manager laptop model lenovo ideapad z graphics card Nvidia geforce gt m and one more thing In one of the game I Onboard graphics detected not graphics card checked PES it shows as its using onboard graphics and I tried arkham city and tried enabling hardware acceleration physx but it said the laptops hardware doesnt support it one more thing I just went to nvidia control panel and in there d settings and there global settings its written there preferred graphics processor is integrated graphics and I couldnt change it can I disable the onboard graphics card in device manager thanks nbsp

A:Onboard graphics detected not graphics card

Hi , The option is the one where the nvidia card and intel on-board are shown, and the BIOS should select the nvidia card as priority if it can, and has a choice.
It's sometimes known as 'Primary Video' & the option is called PEG.
Make sure you save the settings when you exit or they won't be changed from before.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/onboard-graphics-detected-not-graphics-card.182102/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello

When I start up my computer, I get the message, well, it says on top..
Funny thing is, that it starts up and works regulary, shut off the "press F1 at error" but the message pisses me off..

The HDD I have is a Seagate SATA drive, connected with SATA. I thought those drives would go as Master automaticly, but think I've done wrong somewhere. Can't give much more info about the drive itself.

A:No HDD master detected on startup

Sounds like you have the PATA (or IDE) controller enabled in the system BIOS. disable the master, save BIOS, reboot & see if msg goes away. Hope this helps, take care!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-hdd-master-detected-on-startup.181170/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hello,
For several weeks now I have been having a strange problem. I've been connecting my asus laptop (win7, radeon hd4670) to my tv via hdmi. However, recently, after anywhere between a few seconds to several minutes the display will disappear on the tv (no message or anything, just black) but the sound will remain. If I turn off the tv and turn it back on the display will reappear, only to have the problem repeat.

Its not the tv, tried other hdmi devices. Not the cable, used other cables. I've reinstalled the latest catalyst drivers, didn't help. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

A:HDMI issues

You can try going into your gfx display settings or windows display settings(I think) and make it so when you do plug it into the tv it shuts off the laptop screen... Its worth a shot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdmi-issues.180810/
Relevancy 28.38%

I can't see a difference in picture quality, and after some searching, I see they're basically the same, but I don't have many details. I'm wondering if and what would be the differences?
I run dual monitors and my normal setup is one DVI (25.5" monitor, which I run 1280x720) and one VGA (17" - 800x600)....Kinda outdated, I know, but it's what I'm used to. Everything's so tiny in 1920x1200...but is picture quality better? I guess I can't tell.
I just switched everything around and am running my 17" DVI in 800x600 and my 25.5 HDMI in 1920x1200. Can't tell any difference in either monitor. Watched a couple HD videos and played around with some websites, games, etc that I usually use.
Probably going back to what I'm used to..the blue and white...and my usual resolution.
Thanks for any help!

A:DVI vs HDMI?

The only difference between DVI and HDMI is that HDMI carries audio, DVI does not. You will not notice a difference in picture quality.

However you should always keep the monitors at their native resolution (I'm guessing your 25.5in is 1920x1200). If the text is too small then just increase the font size in the Control Panel. Monitors generally look terrible at non-native resolutions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvi-vs-hdmi.180124/
Relevancy 24.94%

my pc is a dell e520 with a pentium d cpu 2.80ghz running on windows xp sp3. somehow those cpu temperature utilities cannot seem to detect my cpu temperature at all and the fan runs at max speed all the time. what could be causing this problem?

A:CPU temperatures not detected

I'm not familiar with your machine and have never had this issue before.

I once had a machine where I replaced the thermal compound and installed the heat-sink incorrectly. I knew better but for some reason wasn't paying attention to what I was doing. The heat-sink was resting on top of the capacitors next to the CPU socket. For awhile my CPU fan would spin full speed every time I started an application. I called myself an id-iot after I found the issue. I'm not sure if the capacitors were shorted or if the heat-sink was not bonded to the CPU that caused the issue. I never checked CPU sensor speeds, they could have be out of whack too. I do know my on-board sound to the rear jacks quit working after I installed the heat-sink incorrectly.

My first thought is you have a faulty motherboard or CPU but I wouldn't panic yet.

I think I would start with:

Check for proper installation of CPU heat-sink. (Read above for explanation)
Check for a System BIOS update.
Look in the system BIOS for settings that might have sensors disabled. (I'm not sure there ever was such a setting)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-temperatures-not-detected.178862/
Relevancy 24.08%

Ati Radeon 5650 HD Not Detected, Sony Laptop Model VPCEF2S1E,

I tried Download the driver and the BIos from sony site ,
Technic assist VPCEF2S1E/BI
But still not use, i am running windows in Standart WIndows VGA adapter... and my main card not works... any help?
Bios Type Insyde EFI Date : 12/09/2010
Bios Version R0200Z5
Version AGESA DanNiPI V1.0.0.5
Date Bios videocard 03/09/10

The last one means The version of video card bios...

A:Radeon 5650 HD not detected, Sony laptop

Try searching for a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5145 driver:
http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDSupportHub.aspx

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-5650-hd-not-detected-sony-laptop.178742/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hello, i am using a seagate 1TB harddisk. When i connect it to usb port in front panel of my CPU, the computer is not detecting it.

But When i connect it to usb port in back panel of my cpu, It works fine. My system detects the hard disk and and everything is fine. How to correct this strange problem

Note : my Pen drive and other USB things works fine in all the ports in both front panel and back panel.
Please help me.each and Every time when i want to connect my hard disk, I have to take my CPU out from its shelf and connect it in the back usb port. Its tideous for me.

A:Seagate external hard disk not detected in front panel USB port

Well not exactly knowing what type of a computer we are talking about here, I can only say, that what your are reporting is completely normal. Most computers I've ever touched have passive styled USB ports on the front of the computer, and aggressive USB ports off the back that can handle just about anything you can hook up to it.

So stop trying to connect that external hard drive off the front, not enough power and not enough data exchange rates. I would recommend that if you have all your USB ports off the back of the computer taken, I would start thinking seriously about an "amplified" 4 port USB HUB. Remember the HUB your looking for has it's own power source, and does not relying on the computer at all for it's power.

The following one is a good one, a friend of mine got her's about a month ago and has not yet reported any problems.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...+-+Network+/+USB+/+Firewire-_-Syba-_-17801083

Hope this all helps....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seagate-external-hard-disk-not-detected-in-front-panel-usb-port.178676/
Relevancy 24.51%

i have a western digital external harddrive (WDBAAR5000ABK-00)
that is not being detected by my computer. i plug it in and the pc does not
even makes the sound of (device connected) it doesn't appear at the (my computer) screen neither at device manager.
the hard drive does turn on and can hear it spin. i just cant find it on my computer.
is there any way to make the hard drive appear ?
i already changed the usb cable,

thank you

A:External hard drive not detected

Is that an old drive... We have discovered a lot of difficulties of the WD drives in external case being recognized as they age... Their life expectancy appears to be very short... too often, between one and two years.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hard-drive-not-detected.177379/
Relevancy 27.09%

I am looking to upgrade my video card to one of these cards:

Sapphire 512Mb
http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/product_index.aspx?psn=000101&pid=315&lid=1#

Sapphire 1Gb:
http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?psn=000101&pid=316#

My main concern is if my current setup (See specs below) has enough resources/power to run the card.

Thanks
Scott

Memory: (2x) Kingston 1Gb 240-Pin DDr2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (2 Gb)
Video card: ATI Radeon X1550 256Mb
WindowsXP SP3

A:Sapphire HD 5450 512MB DDR3 PCIe HDMI

400 watts is cutting it close but should be okay. Is your x1550 an AGP card or PCI express?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sapphire-hd-5450-512mb-ddr3-pcie-hdmi.176864/
Relevancy 27.95%

The graphics are just onboard graphics ATI Radeon 4250. I've been running this to my LCD Tv for almost a year now. Yesterday I unplugged it for a while and left it running, eventually plugging in a VGA monitor. When I went to switch back in the HDMI it doesn't recognize the TV whatsoever.

I go into properties and click detect, nothing. I went into the CCC and nothing. I've tried multiple cables and whatnot and still nothing. Seriously what the hell happened that all of a sudden my HDMI port won't work?

A:HDMI no longer working

Well if its broken its broken all you can do is RMA it. However its also possible its a driver thing, try uninstalling and reinstalling them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdmi-no-longer-working.175745/
Relevancy 24.94%

I bought a new graphics card for my pc (Sapphire Radeon HD5570) and is not detected by my motherboard.I m running an ASRock conroe1333-d667 motherboard.
I tried so many things to make it work..I formated my pc, I changed settings in BIOS and made PCI-E primmary video adapter, I removed and inserted again the CMOS and still the card is nowhere in the device manager...I also want to say that the graphics card fan is working...plz help me because i m starting getting mad!!!

A:My graphics card is not detected...

Whoa, why did you do all that? Flash the BIOS with "ASROCK Conroe Bios 1.83 (or newer)" and "Save and Exit" BIOS
http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.asp?Model=ConRoe1333-D667 R3.0&o=BIOS

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-graphics-card-is-not-detected.175722/
Relevancy 24.08%

My DELL XPS L x laptop was equipped with Samsung Spinpoint MP HM JJ GB rpm hard disk Last month due to noise and auto shut down i gave my system to dell service center for repair but took out my hard disk as it was containing quot sensitive quot data and i don t want to take any risk Also i needed it for my dissertation as detected USB either inside not hard at or disk internal is Laptop my all data was on it In the mean time i bought another Seagate Momentus GB rpm drive as the xps has space for one more hard disk i put the samsung hard disk in usb case which need both side Laptop internal hard disk is not detected either inside or at USB male usb connector i was having an old connector which i tried to use but i can hear a little sound and it is not detected by my home desktop so i got a new usb connector and it was easily detected and i used as usual usb external storage when my laptop was fixed i took back the samsung drive along with the new one to service center and when they tried to place both drive the system didn t responded at all after some tries they announced the samsung drive which was originally shipped with laptop has gone bad and is unable to detect so i asked them to only fix newly bought drive in the system and make it workable by installing OS Now the issue is that my samsung drive can t be detected anywhere neither in laptop nor in my home office desktop though i was able to use it as external storage before but it suddenly stop working leaving me nowhere i have lot of important data on it and i want to recover it myself other choice is that at least i have do low level format so that i make that data unrecoverable by all means and than i claim a new drive in warranty as they offered me free replacement coz my system is still under warranty What i have tried till now Attached it as internal storage in laptop - no reaction rather laptop halt in BIOS and no further activity Attached as external storage - for the first time windows try to detect and install driver for it but fails later no action if tried to connect with either desktop i tried on many desktops Symptoms while attaching with any system as external storage the blue led of box turn on for a while but later it turn off as there is nothing attached and actually there is NO hardware activity as spinning or any sound the hard drive is totally silent What i feel is that there may be problem with its circuitry as in the beginning when i tried to attached it by using old usb cable it may done some damage in PCB but i am not sure Can anyone suggest as what should i do the major issue is to protect the data inside It would be helpful if i can recover it as it is very important for me but in case i can t recover can i destroy that data so that i claim warranty i have less time left for it please give any advice thanks for reading nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-internal-hard-disk-is-not-detected-either-inside-or-at-usb.175558/
Relevancy 24.08%

Ok, So I recently completed building my first computer (desktop) and the system POST
's but when it starts the HDD detection it cant find my brand new samsung HDD. I did initialize it using an external hard drive reader and I am able to read/write using that, but when I install the Hard drive into the computer in question it isnt detected. I tried checking the jumper posistion (master or slave) and also tried using a different cable.

Any ideas why its not being detected? Thanks in advance for any help.

~AngelWarrior15
(I apoligize but I am having to get used to my new username for another site)

A:New hard drive not being detected in custom build PC

can you see it in the bios menu?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hard-drive-not-being-detected-in-custom-build-pc.173409/
Relevancy 23.65%

My Name is Hariyanto and I am from Indonesia.

My toshiba canvio portable hard drive 500GB is not detected by my Acer Laptop 4750 G. there are three usb ports. two of then are 2.0 and is 3.0 USB.

The USB 2.0 is not a problem. It can detect and read my external drive.
But when I change to USB 3.0, the laptop says that I need to format and when I format it the Windows 7 said that windows 7 can not format it.

I have already installed the renesas usb controller drive. I have tried to uninstalled and reinstalled it but still it didn't work.

What happen to my USB 3.0 port or my Toshiba external HD.

I really need your all help, please.
Thanks a lot

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-toshiba-canvio-portable-hard-drive-500gb-is-not-detected.174720/
Relevancy 28.38%

i have asrock fatal1ty z68 profesional gen3 mo bo with 2 hdmi sockets,
i only wan to use 1. which 1 do i use please ??

A:I have two HDMI sockets, which one do I use?

should not matter

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-have-two-hdmi-sockets-which-one-do-i-use.174335/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi,

I have a Gigabyte GA-MA785G-US2H mobo with radeon HD 4200 graphics. It has HDMI 1.3 and I have an old TV lying around which happens to have HDMI input. I just built a new PC so, I decided to hook up these 2 and make a Boxee box.

I have Ubuntu installed on the to-be boxee and on the new machine I have Windows 7 Home Premium.

When I plug in the HMDI cable, nothing happens, that is, no display on the TV. I even doubled checked everything-input, cable!

Am I doing something wrong here? The TV is a Hitachi L32S02A.

The cable is HDMI 1.3 one.

I even tried the new PC which has my Radeon HD 6770 on it-still nothing!

What should I try now?

A:No signal through HDMI

Change your resolution to 1366x768 or lower and make sure the refresh rate is 60 before connecting to the tv..? Set tv to hdmi1 or hdmi2 input.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-signal-through-hdmi.174347/
Relevancy 27.09%

On my PC there are two DVI outputs, I have been using a DVI cable with my LCD monitor in 1920x1080 without problems. I bought a DVI to HDMI cable (DVI on computer, HDMI in monitor) but the whole screen doesn't show, there is a bit missing from each side and the top and bottom.

I am using windows 7, its like my computer is displaying 1920x1080 but the monitor shows a resolution slightly lower. I have a nvidia 460SE, in the nvidia CP when I am connected through my DVI-HDMI cable, all the selectable screen resolutions disappear leaving me with no selection.

How can I get full 1080p resolution?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

A:Why doesn't my new DVI to HDMI cable show my whole screen?

what is the specified refresh rate of your monitor @ 1080, and what refresh rate are you set at now?

and this is a DVI to HDMI cable, and not an adapter?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-doesnt-my-new-dvi-to-hdmi-cable-show-my-whole-screen.173051/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi all,

I have a WD external hard drive. Yesterday, when I connected it to my laptop, it was detected but when I tried to access it through my computer, there was no content available. When I looked at its property, I found out the following;

Used Space: 0 bytes
Free Space: 0 bytes

I then went to My Computer > Manage > Disk Management. I found out that the drive is not available in the list.

Is my hard drive corrupted?

Would appreciate if anybody out there can help me on this. Thanks

A:External hard drive detected but cannot access content

"Is my hard drive corrupted?" Most likely yes. Please learn to back up important data on CD, DVD or Blu-Ray media. These type media are non-volatile and are better than solid state memory flash drives

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hard-drive-detected-but-cannot-access-content.172998/
Relevancy 24.08%

after purchasing new xfx radeon hd to run in crossfire for optimal gaming my monitor wont detect the two cards I have tried placing the old card back in and it responds just fine to card Video detected after switch by monitor being not that one With the new cards in everything sounds like it boots and all the indicator Video card not being detected by monitor after switch leds on my motherboard show up just fine this is the exact video card im trying to use XFX HD- A-CNDC Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity this is what im running besides the xfx AMD Phenom II X T Black Edition W Six Core Socket AM GHz Mb Cache MHz HT nm Asus M A TD PRO USB Socket AM AMD FX SB Chipset DDR O C Mhz x PCI-Express x -Channel HD Audio GigaLAN x Video card not being detected by monitor after switch USB x USB x SATA Gb s ATX Cooler Master Silent Pro M Modular W Power Supply Corsair XMS Classic GB x GB DDR MHz CL DIMMs Optimized for Core i i and Core AMD Phenom II times Hitachi Deskstar K TB quot SATA Gb s rpm MB Cache OEM LG GH LS Black SATA Lightscribe DVD-Writer xDVD R -R xDVD RW xDVD-RW xDVD R DL xDVD-R DL x CD-R xCD-RW OEM Scythe NINJA Heat Pipes CPU Cooler for Intel Socket amp AMD Socket AM AM AM nbsp

A:Video card not being detected by monitor after switch

take out one of the graphics cards and see if it works, your monitor only needs to detect the one card that it is plugged into so its not a crossfire problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-not-being-detected-by-monitor-after-switch.172182/
Relevancy 27.95%

Sorry if this is a long question A about DVI HDMI output and winded question When I use DVI output my monitor allows me to choose from certain presets like quot game quot or quot movie quot that effect brightness etc There is a quot Dynamic contrast quot preset which gives by far the best colours however it is no good for even mildly dark scenes However if I use HDMI output I cannot choose them as the colours seem much better and choosing the preset is not necessary it looks as good as DVI using quot dynamic contrast quot and works in dark scenes perfectly When using DVI I am on my PC as it has no HDMI output When using HDMI output I am using the PS which has no DVI A question about DVI and HDMI output output In both cases I am using the same monitor Now to my question if I buy a DVI to HDMI cable will the output of my PC be the same as the output of my PS ie perfect colours brightness from using HDMI Thanks nbsp

A:A question about DVI and HDMI output

The answer is probably. Your monitor probably isn't smart enough to be able to distinguish between a DVI to HDMI converter cable and a regular HDMI cable. But you simply will not know for sure until you try. For some reason your TV manufacturer decided that you would not be allowed to fine tune the picture while using DVI or maybe the DVI connector simply bypasses the "fine tuning" circuits.

I have a both a DVI and an HDMI output on my video card, but my monitor (32" JVC TV) only has HDMI inputs and I'm currently using a DVI to HDMI cable to run the video to the monitor. The TV allows me to make any adjustments using either a HDMI cable or a DVI to HDMI cable, but the video is brighter when using an HDMI cable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-question-about-dvi-and-hdmi-output.171466/
Relevancy 24.51%

My IDE DVD writer stopped appearing in Windows although it is detected in BIOS It worked fine until this problem started It does not appear in device manager or explorer The drawer opens and closes and the LED goes on but it won t read or write disks I have swapped the optical drive for a known working drive and still no optical drive was detected by Windows The swapped out unit works fine on all not tried solutions Optical drive detected, another computer I have installed a new IDE cable but that didn t solve the problem The cable is seated fully no pins are bent and the plug is properly oriented in the socket The drive is at the end of the IDE cable and set to quot master quot There are no other IDE drives on this computer I looked in regedit to delete the upper and lower limits but there were no such commands I have removed and reseated the RAM Both SATA drives I have Optical drive not detected, tried all solutions installed work fine and there are no other issues with this computer I would try to repair Windows but I can t because the optical Optical drive not detected, tried all solutions drive won t read my Windows install CD What next nbsp

A:Optical drive not detected, tried all solutions

I looked in regedit to delete the upper and lower limits, but there were no such commands.Click to expand...

Highlight the entries and hit the delete key.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/optical-drive-not-detected-tried-all-solutions.170634/
Relevancy 24.08%

Today I got in the mail my Corsair 600T case. After a couple hours of getting everything switched out, I hooked it up and was ready to go. But I get nothing. In bios, all six of my sata ports read "not detected". I have my boot 500gb in sata1 and my 2.0 TB (steam folder) in sata 2... It's so hard to find a solution for this online because it's so strange... I've hooked everything up just as it was before... And am feeling very, very helpless. If anyone has had a similar issue and somehow found a solution... Your help would be greatly appreciated!

A:Just switched over to a new case, now my HDDs aren't detected

Disregard... loose connection on the PSU

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-switched-over-to-a-new-case-now-my-hdds-arent-detected.170714/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi everybody i m from Holland so cut me some slack on my English Today i desided to turn my old pc into a Nas with freenas software I thought i d buy tb samsung hd ui drives to get myself started but however I never got passed the first step The bios does not recognize my disks Only my cdrom drive as primary slave I get the following message VIA Technologies Inc VIA VT Serial ATA RAID BIOS Setting Utility V Hardware Initiate failed Please Check Device The Bios does not be bla bla Scan Devices Please not by is Hard detected drive BIOS wait Press lt Tab gt key into user window it sort of hangs for Hard drive is not detected by BIOS a moment when i get the message written below Hardware initiate failed Please check device The BIOS does not be installed Press lt g gt to continue when i press g i immediately press dell to get in the bios to find out it can t recognize the disks Are the disks to new to work with the motherboard this computer is about to six years old the motherboard has two sata plugs on it and a amd chip Must i use a jumper On the disks Ive spent the entire night searching for the answer but cant seem to find it I realy hope i gave you guys enough information to help me out If not please reply Thanks in advance Awaiting your feedback kind regards Bas nbsp

A:Hard drive is not detected by BIOS

??Motherboard??

basman said:

Hi everybody, i'm from Holland, so cut me some slack on my English!

Today i desided to turn my old pc into a Nas, with freenas software.
I thought i'd buy 2 2tb samsung hd204ui drives to get myself started, but however. I never got passed the first step. The bios does not recognize my disks. Only my cdrom drive as primary slave... I get the following message:

VIA Technologies, Inc VIA VT8237 Serial ATA RAID BIOS Setting Utility V2.01
Hardware Initiate failed, Please Check Device!!! The Bios does not be ... bla bla.

Scan Devices, Please wait....
Press <Tab> key into user window!

[it sort of hangs for a moment, when i get the message written below:]

Hardware initiate failed, Please check device!!!
The BIOS does not be installed. Press <g> to continue!

[when i press g i immediately press dell to get in the bios, to find out it can't recognize the disks.]

Are the disks to new to work with the motherboard. this computer is about 5 to six years old, the motherboard has two sata plugs on it. and a 64 amd chip.

Must i use a jumper? On the disks?

Ive spent the entire night searching for the answer, but cant seem to find it.
I realy hope i gave you guys enough information to help me out. If not, please reply.

Thanks in advance.
Awaiting your feedback!

kind regards
BasClick to expand...

:wave:Hi there,

You haven't actually said what make/model your old computer is. Neither the board in use.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-is-not-detected-by-bios.169971/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello. My dvd-rom is not detected by the motherboard. It won't boot to windows installation or anything. In windows it won't show my dvd-rom in Computer. But in device manager I see some kind of CD/DVD drive. Anyway I can't use CD's/DVD's anymore. Any suggestions what to do? BIOS is up to date. All connectors are connected properly. THIS HAS HAPPENED RIGHT AFTER WHEN I UPGRADED TO RADEON HD 6850.

Motherboard: Intel DG33BU

Thank you.

A:DVD-ROM not detected

Try deleting the CD/DVD drive in the Device Manager and restart the computer. See if the CD/DVD drive is re-installed and usable once more. If it is still not detected, replace it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-rom-not-detected.169176/
Relevancy 24.08%

I go to the bios setup and under 'Fixed HDD' there's nothing? It's a fairly new hard drive which runs Win 7. I actually tried to reload Win 7 from the start and once it came to which drive to install it on....nothing was there? I don't believe the hard drive is toast at least I hope not. Please what can I do?

A:Dell Inspiron hard drive not detected....

"Please what can I do?"...
Have the hard drive replaced. They are really not that expensive any longer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-hard-drive-not-detected.169690/
Relevancy 24.08%

Any ideas on this anyone?
A SATA 2.5" drive has a corrupted OS on it and I want to format it and then reinstall a fresh copy of Windows.
The drive is detected by the BIOS but does not show up as an available drive in the install routine (no drives found). I
If I remove the drive and connect it as a SATA drive to a desktop (so I can format it that way), it again shows up on the BIOS but is not available as a drive in Windows Explorer.
This drive has been pre-repaired by PCWorld - I wonder if they did anything odd to it?

A:Drive detected by BIOS but not by Windows installer

After connecting the drive to your desktop, please go to control panel > admin tools > computer management > Disk Management.

If your drive shows up there, it mean physically it is ok, just that its partition tables has gone wonky.

You can simply delete the existing partition tables there, and re-create new one and format it. Hopefully that will work and solve your issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/drive-detected-by-bios-but-not-by-windows-installer.168868/