Windows Support Forum

Bluetooth connection lost, icon gone from system tray, not in device manager

Q: Bluetooth connection lost, icon gone from system tray, not in device manager

hi - i was just playing music on my dell latitude e4300 via bluetooth to a belkin bluetooth receiver connected to stereo.

somehow the connection got dropped - during a phone call on a land line. may be irrelevant.

now, i cannot get bluetooth connection back. there is no bluetooth icon in the system tray.

i cannot find 'bluetooth' devices in start>control panel> devices
--i have 2, and both ought to be there.

i unplugged bluetooth receiver, and had win 7 search for devices to add - no luck.

sure, i can reboot, and everything will probably come back.
but i am hoping for a better answer. i don't want to have to reboot every time the bluetooth connection gets lost.

i searched the web for a little, but only found unrelated posts, or posts with no answer. THANKS!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Bluetooth connection lost, icon gone from system tray, not in device manager

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Bluetooth connection lost, icon gone from system tray, not in device manager

bluetooth light/icon on laptop, not screen is on; no bt

ok, i rebooted, thinking the bluetooth icon would again be in system tray, with the red in the middle, showing i have bluetooth capability, but that sound is not currently being directed to bluetooth.

no icon.

the dell laptop does have bluetooth icon illuminated on the laptop, just above the function keys - not on the screen at all / not in sys tray.

the bluetooth receiver is on, is working.

'add a device' is not finding this bt thingie.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bluetooth-connection-lost-icon-gone-from-system-tray-not-in-device-manager.175310/
Relevancy 94.6%

Heloo friends,

My bluetooth icon sudenly disappeared from my system tray.Now how to get the bluetooth icon? please help me. I just always used to share files through blutooth of my laptop.The bluetooth works fine yesterday but now it disappeared.

Relevancy 94.6%

hi,,
my bluetooth icon from system tray disappeared...how can i get it back...???
i could not manage to get it from control panel. coz there is only one icon called "bluetooth configuration" and has nothing related to display icon in system tray.
i am using Win XP home...

thanks

A:get back Bluetooth icon in system tray??

Go to Start / Run / type msconfig

Under the Startup tab, find the entry related to your Bluetooth and put a check mark on it.

Reboot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/get-back-bluetooth-icon-in-system-tray.808858/
Relevancy 93.74%

I have upgraded my PC in Windows 10 from 7. Now the Bluetooth is vanished from Device Manager, Settings etc. though the Driver is shown in System. Please fix it.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Bluetooth-Icon-not-found-in-Device-Manager/td-p/5776514
Relevancy 93.74%

Hi,

I've been using a DSL connection for 2 years, happily. I use the XP standard distant connection (for broadband) to connect.

I realised a few days ago that the tray icon disappeared, but I am still connected. The "display icon" option in the connection parameters is on. I tried off / apply / on / apply but it didn't change.

I can see that I am connected if I open the distant connection window, and this is the only way where I can disconnect it, apart from closing the session or windows. I don't like to open the distant connection window for this.

I was used to my tray icon. I liked my tray icon. I want my tray icon back !!!

Please !

:bear:

A:Internet connection tray icon lost

Try This.

Start

Control Panel

Network Connections

Local Area Connection

Properties

Bottom left click show icon

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-connection-tray-icon-lost-9412.html
Relevancy 92.88%

I searched to see if anyone addresses this issue and didn't find a thread for my exact problem, pardon me if I missed it...

I used to have a bluetooth icon showing in my system tray/notification area, which was a nice convenience. It disappeared within the past week or so, I think with the last big update. I made a tile for it on my start menu, so this is not the end of the world, but it bugs me that if I go into bluetooth settings, I have it checked to show the icon in the notification area, but it doesn't show... Does anybody know why this is and whether I might be able to actually have it show? thanks!

A:Bluetooth icon not showing in system tray/notification area?

Try here:

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/50029-bluetooth-icon-not-showing-system-tray-notification-area.html
Relevancy 92.02%

My Windows LiveOne Care icon has vanished. I see that files are still in the C drive, but I don't know how to put icon in system tray. Please help me.
Thanks.

A:Lost icon in system tray

Most people want to remove icons in the systray as they use resourses for no good reason. But most of the registry editor software has a tab that deals eith the ssystray icons.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-icon-in-system-tray.677787/
Relevancy 91.16%

I'm running Win XP Pro and like to keep the Task Manager open. So when I boot, I do Ctrl-Alt-Del to open it. Sometimes, but not always, I get a small square icon in the lower right system tray, which I find very helpful.

I have 2 questions: First, why is this only a "sometimes" thing? Second, how can I force the placement of the icon so that I can always have it?

Relevancy 89.87%

i keep loosing the speaker icon in the system tray... i go to the control panel the setting for putting in the tray is there.. i delete it and apply... the add it back and apply... that gets it back until i restart my pc... and its gone again...
thanks for any help
sd

Relevancy 87.29%

Hi everyone

I have a problem. The icone for connection state (image of a white screen with lan cable) of the men? bar below on the right near the clock even if the internet connection is ok, apperas always with a red cross. I have tried to use icone rebuild but the problem persists. The icone is wrong after I have try to install bluetooth driver. I have already tried to unistall this driver and to correct the register using glary utilities or Cclener but the problem is not solved.

Can you help me?

Thanks

cromax

A:connection icon in system tray always wrong

Without any further information, I would guess it's referring to a different network connection (i.e: 1394 connections show up as disconnected networks).

Please do the following, and tell me what we find:
> Click on the disconnected icon
> Open Network Sharing Center
> Change Adapter Settings (left pane)

Tell me what connections show up, and the status of each one (whether it says "connected" or "disconnected")

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/151154-connection-icon-system-tray-always-wrong.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I m not sure when this started I shut down my laptop Monday morning it was fine because I knew I was going to be away until Sat I just restarted my PC from My the Icon Connection Disappeared System Network Tray and I cannot connect I thought this was the router so I restarted it There is no problem with the downstairs computer connecting to the internet I noticed both my internet connection icons wired and wireless were missing from my system tray on my laptop I cannot find them anywhere My signal bar is fine and says that I am connected I ran the network diagnostic with no problems I checked the notification options to make sure that the icon is not being hidden that My Network Connection Icon Disappeared from the System Tray is not the problem Antivirus scanned no major infections and malware scanned no infections My wifi printer is not having a problem it stays solid and I checked device manager it says that both cards are working properly I did get a error message trying to shutdown but I cannot remember what it said so I tried restarting waiting for it to show itself again it has not My Network Connection Icon Disappeared from the System Tray so far I have never had any problem with this machine so far it is not bogged down with stuff and the clock is still there what is the problem I heard that sometimes icons fail to appear My Network Connection Icon Disappeared from the System Tray because of a timing issue what do I do I cannot find the icons in the control panel either network settings or internet options nothing is shown in either area Also my quot connect to quot option has disappeared from the start menu Please reply soon

A:My Network Connection Icon Disappeared from the System Tray

System manufacturer and model?

Start/Run...type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.

Are there any yellow markings evident by any item?

Are the networking devices reflected?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/426524/my-network-connection-icon-disappeared-from-the-system-tray/
Relevancy 84.71%

I always have the 'Local Area Connection' icon (the two little screens and the red cross) icon in my system tray. All I would like to do is remove it from displaying there, as it's not active. Can anyone help with this?

Relevancy 83.85%

It s kind of hard to explain but I ll do my best When I turn on my computer and it goes to the GUI the internet connection show on takes to the system Internet forever tray icon connection sign. icon on the system tray has an X on it for about one minute During this time I cannot access anything online that involves administrator privileges However since I don t have firefox setup to run as administrator I m able to browse online even though the internet icon still has an X on it Internet icon on system tray takes forever to show the connection sign. Once the X finally turns into the world I m able to access online things that require administrator privileges ie ventrilo I m not sure why this is happening it all began when I connected my wireless HP printer to my router it caused my router to stop working and I had to buy a new router Before the other router broke I was still having these problems with the X for a long Internet icon on system tray takes forever to show the connection sign. time I switched my printer to connect to my computer instead of wirelessly hoping to a void this problem but it still exists Can anyone help nbsp

A:Internet icon on system tray takes forever to show the connection sign.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-icon-on-system-tray-takes-forever-to-show-the-connection-sign.797457/
Relevancy 82.56%

I am havig some system tray icon problems after installing anti-virus and spyware software. Looking for a fix for the disappearing system tray icons at initial start-up. Quick fix--log off and on again--icons reappear where they should. I am told that this disappearing activity is due to a Windows XP "BUG". What a problem! Any ideas for a secure, lasting fix out there? After the spyware and antivirus software installation, the computer star-up time is now really SLOW too. The software launches seems to be in conflict with each other, or something. Have emachine--T3406, Windows XP Home 2002, Service Pack 2. 1.23 GB RAM.

Thanks, ComputerMaven

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/exited-monitor-system-tray-icon-and-can-not-bring-back-to-system-tray-after-exit.616128/
Relevancy 80.84%

This icon suddenly isn't showing up, so I have to shut down or risk damaging something to get my external USB devices disconnected from the system.

Is there a place in XP Pro that I can enable it?

A:Lost the "safely remove" icon in the system tray

Hello,

Attach the drive
Go to Start => Run and type in "devmgmt.msc" {without the quotes}
Locate the USB drive in 'Disk Drives'
Right-click => Properties => Policies tab
Check the radio button 'Optimize for performance'
OK to exit

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-the-safely-remove-icon-in-the-system-tray.797508/
Relevancy 79.55%

Not sure if this is the right section...

Does anyone know how to change the bluetooth tray icon? I have the default white icons and the bluetooth icon on always show, and the bluetooth icon looks out of place. Is there any way to change it? Thanks

A:How to change bluetooth tray icon?

You might be interested in this nifty little program.
And if not, you might want to check this tutorial (which uses a program called Resource hacker to achieve a new look).

Good luck and keep us posted!
Nommy

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/281949-how-change-bluetooth-tray-icon.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello forum,
I am using windows vista ultimate on my laptop. It has a inbulit bluetooth. The driver software for this is form WIDCOMM. I am not able to hide this bleutooth icon in the tray. After i hide it, is shown agian in the tray after a reboot. I tried a lot. This icon does not listen to me. Can any one suggest me a method so that i can hide it in the tray ???

A:Hiding bluetooth icon in tray

I have uninstalled Norton internet security and installed AVG ineternet security and looks like this problem is solved. Bluetooth tray icon is responding to my commands. It is hiding in the tray. This is un expected. can anyone explain this ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hiding-bluetooth-icon-in-tray.763448/
Relevancy 78.69%

Found that I was not able to use my blue tooth mouse and my bluetooth icon was missing from the tasks tray in the lower right..
- changed batteries in mouse. Battery light is green. No results.
- turned bluetooth mouse on and off. No results.
- Depressed reconnect button. Battery light blinks. No results
- Went to bluetooth selection in programs menu. Clicked on settings.My mouse was listed by sony part number, but doesn't look active. Clicked "new connection" and got a response that "bluetooth is not ready". Tried to delete my device from the bluetooth setting window and got a reply "please delete the icon once you turn on the bluetooth module".

How do I turn on the bluetooth module? Anyone?

Thankyou.

Relevancy 75.68%

Model is Acer Aspire One D270.
Internal bluetooth doesn't work.
Nothing in device manager.
Fn+F3 is meant to control it, but doesn't.
May be because I've messed with some programs.
Trying to re-install to factory settings.
Any suggestions at all?

thanks
D:

edit: The machine is Win7 baby (starter?), x86_32.

A:Bluetooth device not in device manager, no hardware switch, Acer netbk

What programs did you remove or mess with? Have you tried repairing these programs?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/261938-bluetooth-device-not-device-manager-no-hardware-switch-acer-netbk.html
Relevancy 75.68%

The problem I am having refers to the systems tray icons in the lower right side. Before I do an update to Office 2000 all icons appear. After updating and re-booting over 50% of my icons don't appear. I have done an "msconfig" and all icons are checked so they will appear. The only way to get the icons back is to do a "System Restore" to the time previous to the updates. I'm using Windows XP Pro. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 75.68%

Help please, someone clicked on my bluetooth icon by mistake and it has disappeared from the taskbar area. It is still in the add and remove programs area but there is not option to repair. I use it regularly to upload my pictures from my phone so am desperate to have it back. I do not know how to go about this so am asking for help. I have a Dell Inspiron notebook and am using windows 7. I hope you can help me and thank you in advance.

A:Lost my bluetooth icon from icon area!!!

Where on the Taskbar. If the left side, click Start then All Programs. Find the one for your blue tooth then right click and select Pin to Taskbar.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/228200-lost-my-bluetooth-icon-icon-area.html
Relevancy 75.68%

i have installed the correct driver for this belkin bluetooth usb dongle model F T XX but in device manager it has the belkin device and microsoft bluetooth enumerator which is great but when u get further down the list it has a tab named quot other devices quot and then a subtab with quot bluetooth peripheral device quot which has an exclemation mark on it i have searched for driver software using the update service but it cant find no update i have looked for the name of the manufacturer but found nothing i then disabled the unknown device and sent a picture to my mobile phone which confirmed that it was not the belkin bluetooth device so i uninstalled the one multiple only manager, device device installed????? but in bluetooth devices unknown device restarted the computer then when i logged in it said that it had found a new device and wanted me to find the CD that came with it i would be greatful if any could help me on this thanks in advance

A:multiple bluetooth devices in device manager, but only one device installed?????

What type of keyboard have you got?
Have you got any remote control devices around.
Have you got a headset for your phone.
Have you got anything that may be bluetooth that you dont know about (headphones etc).
Have you had a look at ghost devices on the tutorials;
Ghost Devices & Drivers

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/184025-multiple-bluetooth-devices-device-manager-but-only-one-device-installed.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Yes, this virus is still out there and somehow it got to me, and on my day off to..
Anyways, I have Webroot spy sweeper and AVG:Free Edition control center. The AVG is always turned on but my WebRoot wasn't. I scanned with both and the Virus icon is still there. Its the one that keeps popping up with a message saying that my computer is infected. Critical System Error! System detected virus activites, they may cause critical system faiulre ect.. My Web Root has not got rid of it after sweeping my system twice. I got a message earlier to install Spysweeper Quake? But I did not. Anyone have any info on how to get rid of this thing? I have no idea how to access my hijack logs. Any easy instructions on how to get rid of this annoying virus icon would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 75.25%

Good morning experts Please help me since I dont know what to do to solve not working icon tray system icon on wlan sound and this This mornig I started wlan icon and sound icon on system tray not working my laptop after a few minutes the wifi disconnected and the yellow dot showed on the wifi icon I tried to click on the icon but nothing happened Tried to click click clik and nothing happens Tried to click on the sound icon and nothing happens Like if they were disabled All the other icons are wlan icon and sound icon on system tray not working working normally I tried ending the explorer exe and run it again from the systems administrator after doing that when I click on the wifi it works but now shows the quot x quot and no connections available This whole thing happens every time I restart the laptop wifi ok for a few minutes then suddendly yellow dot and it wont let me even click on the icon I scanned with panda global anrivirus malwarebytes spybot search and destroy everything clean Please help System info lenovo b core i Windows x ultimate

A:wlan icon and sound icon on system tray not working

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... From the task bar click on customize .. Then turn system Icons on off and make sure the boxes are checked .. If that does not work try the Link below ...

System icons do not appear in the notification area in Windows Vista or in Windows 7 until you restart the computer

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/335421-wlan-icon-sound-icon-system-tray-not-working.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Today I was installed windows 7 Professional (64 bit) but there is no wireless connection or bluetooth. I tried to install driver software for both wireless & bluetooth device which is (Mediatek) ralink, but no result>>> there is no yellow sign in the device manager as well. There is no wireless adapter shown in the network & sharing option also...... Thanks in Advance

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/No-wirless-amp-Bluetooth-Device-in-the-Device-Manager/td-p/5771318
Relevancy 72.24%

Can someone tell me if it is possible to permanently display a dial-up connection icon, located, preferably in my tray R/H side. My d/up banner gets me on-line, but frequently loses the contact, dials again, but if it is "unable to connect", it doesn't try again, but just sits there, & when I want to go to another area on line, I have to pull down 1 or more windows to expose the d/up banner, & tell it to connect. [Perhaps I can change this, so it will continue to dial-up continuously, until it succeeds?]
I think I've explained this a little [?] clumsily, but no doubt the folk there with be able to interpret this, & hopefully help me out, Thanks.

A:Dial-up Connection icon in tray?

you could enable the quicklaunch bar and put your dial up connection in it for easy access. if you want to have the connection automatically redial if the line is dropped go to network connections in control panel right click on your default connection and choose properties. under the options tab at the bottom you will find a box that needs to be checked that says. "redial if line is dropped."

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dial-up-connection-icon-in-tray.10827/
Relevancy 71.81%

i have acer aspire 4750G with intel core i5. when i upgraded to windows 10, it didn't trace bluetooth device in device manager.

A:no bluetooth in device manager

Originally Posted by abdullah

i have acer aspire 4750G with intel core i5. when i upgraded to windows 10, it didn't trace bluetooth device in device manager.

I had the same problem with a Dell Notebook and fortunately Dell had already posted Win10-compatible drivers.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/34462-no-bluetooth-device-manager.html
Relevancy 71.38%

The bluetooth in my systems tray tries to connect to my Johnson Control "BTCTV" device, turns green but after afew seconds turns back white after doing this several times it then announces it didn;t connect. Is there a setting on the configuration I'm missing? The computor is a HP Compaq XP Profesional. Using Johnson Control CCT software.

A:Bluetooth in system tray blinks green

This manual in PDF format may help: http://cgproducts.johnsoncontrols.com/MET_PDF/12011038.pdf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bluetooth-in-system-tray-blinks-green.1052889/
Relevancy 71.38%

How to get the internet icon to get blinking as in win xp ?

A:internet connection icon in tray is not blinking ?

Quote: Originally Posted by panorama

How to get the internet icon to get blinking as in win xp ?

You don't...............search the forum, this has been addressed a few times and most recently this week.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/7352-internet-connection-icon-tray-not-blinking.html
Relevancy 71.38%

My laptop using XP prof shows wireless network connection icon in system tray, but my desktop computer does not show this icon. How can I get it to show up on the desktop machine? Both are on same LAN in office.

It's helpful to have this at hand in case there is a problem with connection and you have to reconnect.

Appreciate help. My first post.

ralphchas

A:Wireless network connection icon in sys tray

You wil only get the wireless icon in the system tray if you have a wireless adapter installed on your desktop.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-network-connection-icon-in-sys-tray-479656.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I have a feeling that this is simply a case of some registry settings which need adding/modifying/deleting but exactly which ones and what values I do not know.
I suspect that the registry settings affected are under the following key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

The machine is a Dell Optiplex GX260. The device is a Hitachi-LG Data Storage CD-ROM, Model GCR-8481B. The OS is Windows XP SP1.

No, I haven't tried re-installing XP.

Thanks in hopeful anticipation.

A:XP - CD Device with Yellow Icon in Device Manager

Have you tried uninstalling it in Device Manager, rebooting and allowing XP tro redetect it? Has it ever worked or is this part of a new installation?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-cd-device-with-yellow-icon-in-device-manager.305447/
Relevancy 70.95%

i am trying to connect my bluetooth headset, i have used it successfully in the past.

I have no idea how to "computer" icon converted to a red symbol within the device control center. And i dont know how to convert back (please see attachment for details)

this seems to be the reason I dont get audio thru my headset, everything else looks fine... Please advise.. thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/381527-bluetooth-device-control-icon-error.html
Relevancy 70.95%

i am trying to connect my bluetooth headset, i have used it successfully in the past.

I have no idea how to "computer" icon converted to a red symbol within the device control center. And i dont know how to convert back (please see attachment for details)

this seems to be the reason I dont get audio thru my headset, everything else looks fine... Please advise.. thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/381527-bluetooth-device-control-icon-error.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi I am having major problems with my computer I have an Icon in my system tray that has a pop up window saying Critical System Error - When I click the ballon it takes me to software down loads Whwn I use IE I get load and loads of pop ups and self installing files My computer is running very slowly also I have run Norton Antivirus and Spybot Search amp Destroy removed all nasty files etc - but I am still getting the same problems My Hijackthis log is pastes below Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP Ballon/Icon Errors' Tray etc!! Browser 'Critical in Ups Pop - System System SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv 'Critical System Errors' Ballon/Icon in System Tray - Browser Pop Ups etc!! exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Common 'Critical System Errors' Ballon/Icon in System Tray - Browser Pop Ups etc!! Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS mHotkey exe C Program Files BT Voyager ADSL Modem dslstat exe C Program Files BT Voyager ADSL Modem dslagent exe C Program Files VoyagerTest fts exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL AOLSPY AOLSP Scheduler exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr AcroDist exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C PROGRA DOBE winlogon exe C DOCUME Tristan LOCALS Temp Adobelm Cleanup C WINDOWS system ymantec l exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe Systems Shared Service Adobelmsvc exe C Program Files AOL aoltray exe C Program Files AOL Broadband CheckUp bin mpbtn exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C DOCUME Tristan LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www surfbirds com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www freeserve co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www surfbirds com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride R - URLSearchHook no name - C- -BC -D FD-C AFDDB - C WINDOWS system wwk dll R - URLSearchHook amp Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar AOL Toolbar - D A-C B- -B B-B B E D C - C Program Files AOL Toolbar toolbar dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Too... Read more

A:'Critical System Errors' Ballon/Icon in System Tray - Browser Pop Ups etc!!

have had this many times, if possible try to ignore it till u get a response from security tech,there are many suggestions on web, best way i have found before i knew how to remove it was to open task manager when the programe was open as in the large sign u get saying your computer is infected etcetc to see the process then identify which process it is by closing all others right click on the process in task manager and click jump to process,it will highlight then click end process

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/critical-system-errors-ballon-icon-in-system-tray-browser-pop-ups-etc.519398/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi,

I have a MSI GT70 2OD, I have not really ever used bluetooth, so im not sure how long I have had the problem.
Running Windows 8.1 and everything updated. My computer does not seem to realize that it has bluetooth. The computer has the Killer Bigfoot Doubleshot Lan/Wlan/Btooth card. When I look in device manager there is no bluetooth, and i guess therefor no option in windows to toggle on/off bluetooth.

In the details tab of task manager there is a btvstack running and if I go to my bluetooth folder location I can run bttray.exe and have that running in details tab, however the tray icon does not appear.

I have looked quite a bit to find that it seems to be quite a common problem and not specific to MSI however cannot find a clear solution.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/60252-no-bluetooth-showing-device-manager.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello,

I have Dell Studio 1558, when I upgraded windows from 7 to 10, bluetooth have stopped working. It disappeared from Device Manager and i can?t install it back. Does anyone know the solutions please?

Thank you

A:Bluetooth is not working (it is not in Device Manager)

Is there a key combination to turn BT on and off ?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/43159-bluetooth-not-working-not-device-manager.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I've updated all my Drivers, Restarted "Bluetooth Support Service", and none of this seems to be working. There isn't an Bluetooth setting nor Bluetooth installed in my Device Manager.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/75575-no-bluetooth-device-manager-pc-devices.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I have a Dell XPS M1210 laptop that I have recently upgraded to Windows 7. Everything went great with the upgrade with the exception of the internal Bluetooth module.

I have Vista on another drive and installed it into my laptop to test to see if the module is working. The bluetooth works fine and I am able to couple devices.

I have checked the BIOS and the setting for the Bluetooth show it present and enabled.

I do not see Bluetooth in my Windows 7 Device manager. As expected, I cannot couple devices.

The Device Manager rescans when I turn the Bluetooth on with the switch on the laptop but does not appear.

I have downloaded the Broadcom Setup Module but it does not see it either.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

A:Bluetooth Module not seen in Device Manager

Just a guess, go to services and make sure that blue tooth is aon automatic and enabled.
Type services in search.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/52510-bluetooth-module-not-seen-device-manager.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Computer: Samsung NP300E5A

My bluetooth-radio is removed from the device manager.

Picture: View image: 1

How can I get it back?

A:Can't find bluetooth from device manager

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums .. There is a Bluetooth Device showing in your Device Manager So what is missing ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/301887-cant-find-bluetooth-device-manager.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I cant enable nor find Bluetooth in device manager. I can see it in the control panel and in services.msc. But it disappeared in PC Settings > PC and Devices > Devices and also disappeared in device manager. It was there before and now its gone.
I tried reinstalling the Intel Pro Wireless Wifi driver to see if that could help but it didn't. How do I get this back?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/71194-bluetooth-disappeared-device-manager-help.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello to whomever responds to this thread This is the first time I ve used one of these help forums and my knowledge of computer lingo is limited but I d be greatful if you could help me with this problem A little while ago I downloaded an application which turned out to be a trojan or so I believe Upon opening it I received an error report and my antivirus program Symantec informed me that several items with trojan in their name had been detected and deleted I was also advised Icon Internet Explorer Tray System Protect System Live And Error In Report to reboot my computer System Live Protect Icon In System Tray And Internet Explorer Error Report and after doing so I became aware of a little red shield icon in my system tray Clicking it brings up a question which reads quot Would you like to update your security software and download System Live Protect quot I have not clicked yes because I believe this may be a problem Furthermore whenever I open Internet Explorer there is an error report quot Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close quot I am unsure as to whether these two problems are related but that is my suspicion Is there anything that can be done Thanks for reading

A:System Live Protect Icon In System Tray And Internet Explorer Error Report

I just looked around on the web and there are a lot of folks with this problem but no answer. Use the programs below and let's see what they find. It is definitely something you don't want.Install Super Antispyware. Run it in safe mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds. http://www.superantispyware.com/Run the online scan for Bit Defender in normal mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Post a Hijack This log in the Hijack This Forum by following the directions in the link below if the programs above have not removed ALL malware. DO NOT post the log in this forum.http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/ --------------------------------------------------------------------------------How To start Windows in Safe Modehttp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/95457/system-live-protect-icon-in-system-tray-and-internet-explorer-error-report/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi,

I've been having some very slow system issues today and have checked that system resources seem to be at normal levels - CPU usage at around 20% and Memory usage at around 50% during normal operating.

However I have noticed a new icon in my system tray which I can't identify, can't click on, and has no text when I hover over it. Can anyone recognise it? It looks like a grey/silver square or box with something green on it - no idea what it's trying to represent

Does anyone know what it represents?

Cheers, Smootus

A:Unknown icon in system tray - slow system - pic attached

try clicking customize and find it in the list that opens, it may have some details there,

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/226264-unknown-icon-system-tray-slow-system-pic-attached.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I installed The Bluetooth/Wifi module that came with my mobo (DP67BG), after setting the drivers i can only use the wireless adapter while my bluetooth device won't appear.

Any help will be appreciated,
just note that i redownloaded the BT drivers but nothing changed.

A:Bluetooth Device won't appear in Device Manager

Are you saying you put your device in discovery mode but you can't detect it from Win 7? Do you have any other BT devices that are detected?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/183633-bluetooth-device-wont-appear-device-manager.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello This has only been happening the last week or two and while it s not a major problem it is annoying I use a wireless router which makes the proper connection However it has been taking about to minutes lately for this connection to work After it makes the connection everything works fine but various tasks getting programs to open etc prior to that do not open then they all open at once Tonight for example my Microsoft Word worked Freeze and Tasks Internet Connection/Icon Tray fine while the other programs tasks where unable to be Internet Connection/Icon Tray and Tasks Freeze executed Clicking on the connection icon shows you the box but you cannot click on anything as if it s still making the connection or thinking about it I ve run various programs to clean things up AdAware Search amp Destroy Ewido and have removed various worms cookies that might have been slowing it down but I was wondering if there was a way to get it back to the way it was working before Any information would be Internet Connection/Icon Tray and Tasks Freeze appreciated Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Internet Connection/Icon Tray and Tasks Freeze

My computer loads fine, the internet connection is made and then a few minutes later, any of the icons/processes I wish to use will not come up. About 20 minutes later everything opens at once and everything works fine afterwards. I will post more information but any tips or information would be appreciated. I have run the following in the last few days: Hijack This, Adaware, Ewido, Search and Destroy to remove worms/bugs/cookies. However, I'm not sure why it freezes like it does a few minutes after starting up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-icon-tray-and-tasks-freeze.563538/
Relevancy 70.52%

ok, i've had a search through google and this forum, but can't find anyone with this problem

i connect to the internet wirelessly on my laptop, and every now and then my connection drops, just for less than a second, and my tray icon changes to a strange "i" icon, with the three curved lines either side of it instead of just on the right of a monitor icon. this is not causing a problem so much as a nuisance but i would like to stop it happening if anyone has any ideas about it, any help would be much appreciated

Relevancy 70.09%

About six months ago, an icon began to appear in my system tray. It causes both Internet Explorer and Outlook to freeze. Here is the icon: (it is the one on the lower left that looks vaguely like the Network icon with a gold ball near it). When I click/hover nothing happens. It does not re-load at startup. I haven't noticed any particular pattern as to when it appears. Any help would be appreciated.

The Highjack This log is attached.

Alan Miller

A:Odd Icon in System Tray

Hello, alanbartonmille
Welcome to TSF

My name is Billy O'Neal and I will be helping you. (Billy or Bill is fine, if you like.)
Please give me some time to look over your computer's log(s).
Please take note of the following:In the meantime, please refrain from making any changes to your computer.
Also, even if things appear to be running better, there is no guarantee that everything is finished. Please continue to check this forum post in order to ensure we get your system completely clean. We do not want to clean you part-way up, only to have the system re-infect itself. :)
If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.
Finally, please reply using the button in the lower left hand corner of your screen.
Old topics are closed after 3 days with no reply, and working topics are closed after 5 days. If for any reason you cannot complete instructions within that time, that's fine, just put a post here so that I know you're still here. We get a lot of people who simply leave, and if there is no contact for that amount of time I will have to assume you have "vanished" .
We need to run a Scan with DDSPlease download DDS, and save it to your desktop, from one of the following mirrors:This is a mirror
This is another mirror

Disable any type of "Script Blockers" or "Script Protection" installed on your system.
Double click on your desktop.
If prompted by any script blocking tools, please allow any actions taken by DDS.
When prompted to preform an Optional Scan, please select
Two reports will open. Please reply with the generated reports:DDS.txt <-- Copy and paste into your next post
Attach.txt <-- Attach to your next post

We need to scan for rootkits with GMERPlease download gmer.zip and save to your desktop.alternate download site 1
alternate download site 2

Unzip/extract the file to its own folder. (Click here for information on how to do this if not sure. Win 2000 users click here.)
When you have done this, disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
Note: There is a small chance this application may crash your computer so save any work you have open.
Double-click on Gmer.exe to start the program.
Allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
If it gives you a warning at program start about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run a scan...click NO.
Click on "Settings", then check the first five settings:System Protection and Tracing
Processes
Save created processes to the log
Drivers
Save loaded drivers to the log

You will be prompted to restart your computer. Please do so.
Run Gmer again and click on the Rootkit tab.
Look at the right hand side (under Files) and uncheck all drives with the exception of your C drive.
Make sure all other boxes on the right of the screen are checked, EXCEPT for "Show All".
Important! Please do not select the "Show all" checkbox during the scan.
Click on the "Scan" and wait for the scan to finish.Note: Before scanning, make sure all other running programs are closed and no other actions like a scheduled antivirus scan will occur while this scan completes. Also do not use your computer during the scan.

When completed, click on the Copy button and right-click on your Desktop, choose "New" > Text document. Once the file is created, open it and right-click again and choose Paste or Ctrl+V. Save the file as gmer.txt and copy the information in your next reply.
Note: If you have any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode

In your next reply, please include the following:DDS.txt
Attach.txt
GMER's Log

Billy3

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/odd-icon-in-system-tray-297986.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Want to add a network connection short cut to the task tray for XP home. Is it possible, how? Thanks.

A:How to add icon to system tray.

I'm not sure if you are referring to an icon showing you are connected to the network? But you can do that by going to Contro Panel, then Network COnnections, then right click on your Local Area Connection, and at the bottom of the general tab there is a tick box for "Show icon in notification area when connected" That will put it in your system tray.
If this isn't what you were wanting ask back and we'll get it straightened out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-add-icon-to-system-tray.15187/
Relevancy 70.09%

In WinXP I had that two computer internet connection icon in system tray that really helped me to know about my internet connection. In my Win7 there is no such thing, how can I get it ? is there anything like this buried in Win7 or should I get some app ?

A:System tray icon

There's a Network icon in the Notification Area. It has a different look for ethernet and wireless, and neither is the same appearance as in XP. If it does not appear you can Customize the Notification Area to specify that the Network icon always appears.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-tray-icon.1092024/
Relevancy 70.09%

how do you delete icons off of the system tray at the bottom right corner. so it doesnt take that long to start up and load. thank you.

A:System Tray Icon

The problem is really the programs behind the icons, not the icons themselves. These programs are "startup programs" that automatically run when you start your machine.

There are a couple of utilities that you can use to control your startup programs. My favorite is PC Magazine's StartUp Cop (I don't have a URL for it at hand, but you can Google it); I've seen a recommendation for StartMan (in another forum), available at:

http://www.spywareinfo.com/downloads/startman/

There's also a utility that comes with Windows which will do the same thing but I usually avoid it.

Now for the important part: do NOT turn off all startup programs. If you do, you may well disable something important, so important that you may not even be able to boot your machine. If you mess up, start your machine in safe mode and then use the utility to undo the damage.

Take a look at the startup programs and see if you can recognize them, either by their name, or by their directory. I would recommend turning them off one at a time, to make recovery easier.

Hope this helps...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-tray-icon.111449/
Relevancy 70.09%

Recently D/L ATI driver Catalyst 3.10. An ATI icon placed itself in the system tray and I cannot remove it. Any ideas?

Chuck

Relevancy 70.09%

hello...i have an icon in my system tray a red circle with a white x in it a message pops up saying along the lines of windows has detected spyware infection click here to protect your computer fom spyware i clicked on it and it started a scan and if i wanted to disopse of these threats i had to buy the product i have had this prob before and got rid by using smitfraudfix but it did not work this time can you please help its doing my head in thanksEdit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

I'm 90-100% sure you have a spyware infection AND the red circle with the "X" inside is probably the culprit or a contributor to the problem. You probably picked up a trojan, your browser was hijacked, or some other security flaw in your system was compromised and malware coding was injected.

Have you noticed that your computer is slowing down, or locks up on you?
Have you noticed that your web browser's home page has changed?
Have you noticed that any previously installed AV programs or software is no longer functioning?
Have you checked C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file to see if there are new entries in this file? (by default the file should only be 1-2 Kb)

There seems to be a trend which is still pervasive and people just aren't catching on to it. Not sure when exactly this type of $hitware coding started popping up on the net, but its out there and its quite pervasive. Fraudulent spyware injection software which is floating around the Web / Internet, which implants onto your system, it will change registry key information, disable services, enable unnecessary services, disable AV or security software, among other things - all of which will contribute to bogging down your machine.

I would advise that the next time you start up your machine, make note of the supposed spyware infection and simply google it; you'll probably be surprised to find out that this is simply a fraudulent fishing ploy to get you to purchase or download software which will only further compromise your system. Bottom line, DO NOT download or pay for the software that they are advertising or suggesting. In most cases they are just trying to get personal information, including credit card information from you - probably to rob you blind or commit other identity theft related crimes.

Check out what information google mentions on this supposed spyware issue - 9 times out of 10 its trojan and you probably will not be able to remove it as the creator has set it up so that your user account will not have permission to remove the injected code, registry entries, etc.

What you find on google will probably point you to some suggested solutions or guidelines you can follow yourself to clear off the $hitware code. However, there's no guarantee that it will remove every single registry entry, every single .dll, or every single bit of the trojan. What's more, if you have System Restore turned on to monitor your system registry and boot partition, this is most likely where the infection lies. Because this information is reloaded and rebuilt at every startup, even if you delete the files that are present, they will repropagate at startup since System Restore functionality will rebuild the registry and boot partition files based on the information saved in the restore settings which are probably also corrupt.

You can try your luck downloading and installing AVG antivirus and Spybot S&D to locate the threats - but again, there's no guarantee that this will remove the problem as well. Your best bet is to wipe your hard drive and reinstall your OS and application software to ensure that you have removed the threat completely. Then make a good backup or ghost image of your computer that you can store in "removable storage media" that is kept offline so it doesn't get corrupt or infected. You want to ensure that you download and install all available security updates and patches, if you use IE then upgrade to IE 7.0 with available patches. If you use FireFox, you better believe that there are security flaws there also, and you should follow suit on security patches. If you use a filesharing program, you might want to consider toning down your filesharing activity - a lot of $hitware gets passed around through those types of forums as well.

Seriously, i would advise a wipe and re-install just to be absolutely sure - you'll be happier with your syst... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/136276/system-tray-icon/
Relevancy 70.09%

i have Windows XP Pro OS in all pc's at my caffe. i have problem with my one pc it have winXP and mCafee Antivirus 7 fom Network Associates and Microsoft Antispyware Beta installed. the problem is that when i run OS they show only Network Connection Icon in System Tray or it cannot show MS Antispyware Beta Icon and mCafee Antivirus Console icon how i solve that without new installtion.
Plz Help i want to solve this fast.

If you are sure they are running in the background, you can set the properties of the system tray to always display the icons.

right-click on the task bar and choose 'properties'. At the bottom of the dialog click on 'Customise'. Here you set McAfee and Antispyware to 'Always Show'.

Another problem could be that they are not running. You may need to open MCAfee and Antispyware and set them to run at startup.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/system-tray-icon-69276.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I'm setting up a new Dell laptop for someone and there is a square black icon in the system tray with a white "9" in it. Left or right clicking it does nothing and hovering shows nothing. I have already uninstalled and disabled a bunch of stuff but I still haven't figured this one out. I've Googled a bit and although others have seen it, no one has a cure that is applicable on this laptop.
Anyone know what this is?

A:#9 icon in system tray

notification icon for number lock maybe

try turning off numlock (keyboard option on your number keys) see if it goes

this is a long shot but im sure ive seen it before

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/105191-9-icon-system-tray.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi,
I am having a problem with Smart Defrag?
I have checked the box which says - load with windows at start up

Well, everytime I start windows, it does not put the icon in the system tray, like it should?
But if I uncheck the box, then check the box again, restart windows it shows in the system tray?
I have uninstalled it, but still the problem exists?
I even made a short cut to the startup folder, but it still will not add the icon to the system tray?

Is there a registry hack, that I can do, to make it show in the tray?, all the time?
Hmmm... Because I am tired of unchecking/checking the load up box...

Can anyone please help me with this?
Thanks
Riptorn

Hi Riptorn,
If you can't get a solution within the Vista Forums it might be an idea to ask the question in the Smart Defrag forum.

Software Informer Forum

http://www.vistax64.com/software/244153-system-tray-icon.html
Relevancy 70.09%

My system tray icon of HP Digital imagind Monitor, AVG,ZA and others are there when start-up

but the icon of speaker, my LOCAL AREA CONNECTIVITY, my dsl connection icon are missing at start-up,
i must go first in control panel--> sounds and audio devices--> then tick the box "place volume icon...." then they will appear but not in start-up.
Does somebody knows how to fix this?

thanks for reading

A:system tray icon

okey i guyz, i got the solution in this link
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
double click no.320
u must use IE so you can download it, if your using OPERA, double click and then keys written in words will come
copy all then paste it in note pad then save it as .reg
double click to merge and reboot

the link above has many feature try to study aa little bit, maybe some of your little probelm can solve it

thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/system-tray-icon-102861.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi,

Is there an easy way to remove a system tray icon?

Cheers

Relevancy 70.09%

Can anybody please tell me what this ICON is in my system tray. I cannot mouse over it, right click it or left click it. I have tried to disable everything in MSCONFIG startup, I have tried Hijack this. The icon changed from a straight line to a half moon and frrom red to greem at times.
Thanks

A:Can anybody please tell me what this ICON is in my system tray

Dejavu. That's the second one in two days I seen posted. Will try & find the other thread to see if they got a response.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/206565-can-anybody-please-tell-me-what-icon-my-system-tray.html
Relevancy 70.09%

On another computer the icon appeared automatically and I reserved the download OK.

On this other WIN 7 computer altho I have the 2 apparently necessary updates KB3035583 and 2952664 there is no WIN 10 icon appearing after at least 1 day.  There are no compatibility messages appearing as had appeared on another computer because of lack of HDD free space.

So what can be the cause of this 'glitch'? Thanks for advice.

A:How do I get the WIN 10 icon in the system tray?

Hi zzzz I created a thread to receive support for that specific issue. You can see some solutions in the link I provided.http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579044/support-thread-for-the-get-windows-10-app-not-working/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/580053/how-do-i-get-the-win-10-icon-in-the-system-tray/
Relevancy 70.09%

is that posible to hide an icon without stopping its service..
example my Utorrent i want to completely hide its icon ...but it still downloading..
===
my reason is everytime my little brother is playing he closed my utorrent..
===
i dont like the windows "customize notification"becoz it did not compeletely hide he icon..

A:system tray icon

Sorry lebronjeff, Utorrent is a P2P file sharing program that we do not support. Please read over the Rules

Quote:

P2P

We believe that the main purpose of P2P programs is to illegally download and use copyrighted material of whatever description. We further understand that there may be legal uses for P2P, but as we are not able to assess a user's intent when he/ she asks for help, we do not support P2P software and we will not assist any user in this regard. This includes but is not limited to Bearshare, Kazaa and many others.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/system-tray-icon-249381.html
Relevancy 70.09%

It appears after the latest round of windows automatic updates my native bluetooth device went missing.  It is not visable in the device manager or the control panel settings.   I have downloaded and reinstalled the latest wireless and bluetooth drivers, however I am still unable to view the device.  This is a Yoga Pro 2 (64bit) running the most current Windows 8.1 updates.  The latop has a native bluetooth adaptor which had been working with no issues. I have run services.msc and restarted the associated BT services and they are running. Would appreciate any help.  

A:Windows 8.1 Bluetooth missing from Device Manager

Have you checked through the Charms Menu?

Hover to the right of the screen, click settings >> PC Settings >> PC & Devices

----- 
If you cant find it there, then go to Control Panel >> Recovery >> Open system restore

and restore your system to the last recovery point before the microsoft updates.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Windows-8-1-Bluetooth-missing-from-Device-Manager/td-p/2032474
Relevancy 70.09%

I have a HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC. I upgraded my PC from windows 8.1 to Windows 10(64-bit) and the bluetooth icon in the wireless area is missing and I can't see the bluetooth drivers in the device manager anymore.my bluetooth driver wont show up at all I have tried unistalling all the drivers under networking and reinstalling them and my internet has and is working just fine. Although the bluetooth is not showing up in devices I have no clue why I have worked hours to get it to work with no avail. Also I dont understand how the Bluetooth support service can be running withpout a proper driver installed. I just want to be able to use my bluetooth headphones on my laptop. I have tried all drivers I could think of too from this and laptops similar to this. Please help me solving this isssue!

A:bluetooth drivers not shown in device manager

Hi, Please expand Network adapters, what are there ? Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/bluetooth-drivers-not-shown-in-device-manager/td-p/5702589
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi, I have tried to get my Bluetooth back and it wont activate. I'm trying to hear some videos that are to low in volume. also I just bought head phones and external speaker.      I did the fsquairt and tried to transfer
files and it wont come up. I have a Dell Windows 7

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3dccc02a-b413-458d-ab73-6da1155cfb01/bluetooth-device-not-found-in-devive-manager?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 70.09%

I'm trying to get my SIXAXIS wireless controller to work with my laptop, but I am unable to find "Bluetooth radio" under my device manager. Is there a way to install these drivers? Or are they supposed to be native with windows?

I'm using Windows XP SP2.

A:Bluetooth Radio not showing in device manager

You might be able to get it to work using a USB cable. Bluetooth drivers are not native to XP

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bluetooth-radio-not-showing-in-device-manager.106190/
Relevancy 70.09%

I Have Bluetooth but it doesn't show in device manager.

A:Help, Again!!! Bluetooth doesn't show in device manager

Quote: Originally Posted by ebartolon

I Have Bluetooth but it doesn't show in device manager.

Probably because the drivers for your device are not installed?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/4305-help-again-bluetooth-doesnt-show-device-manager.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello All nbsp I booted my laptop up 7 Windows from Bluetooth disappeared Manager 64-bit Device today and noticed the driver didn't come on for the Bluetooth Usually it comes on with the WiFi but it's just no where to be found nbsp I can't locate it in Control Panel gt Network and Internet It's not in Device Manager at all I conducted a search for Bluetooth in the Start gt search program and files The icon shows up but when I click on it nothing happens nbsp I tried Run gt service msc and Bluetooth Service and Bluetooth Support Service are both set to automatic nbsp I've tried running sfc scannow in Command Prompt It reported verification complete Windows Resource did not find any integrity Bluetooth disappeared from Device Manager Windows 7 64-bit violations nbsp I tried unistalling update KB and restarting but that didn't help Bluetooth disappeared from Device Manager Windows 7 64-bit nbsp I tried running Sytem Restore to an earlier point st May but that was unsuccessful because of error x nbsp I tried installing the lastest drivers Broadcom Wireless LAN Driver for Microsoft Windows MB May from nbsp http support hp com us-en drivers selfservice hp-pavilion-dv - -entertainment-notebook-pc-serie nbsp It seemed to have installed correctly but the bluetooth driver app still won't start When I went to C SwSetup SP gt Setup it asked to repair installation for Bluetooth Software I clicked OK It stated to prepare to install but then comes back with an error message No Bluetooth Device was detected Please make sure that your Bluetooth device is plugged in properly in order to continue installation nbsp I'm at a loss of what to try next My only hope is System Restore but that won't complete successfully and there are no restore points further back For some reason my System restore points keep being deleted but that's another problem nbsp The only thing that has been updated from the last time I remember my Bluetooth working was an HP update for Quick Launch Buttons and HP Support Assistant which was on the st June nbsp Please adviseThanks in advanceL nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

A:Bluetooth disappeared from Device Manager Windows 7 64-bit

Hi: A couple of suggestions... 1. Update the HP Bluetooth driver to the final version for W7... This package contains the software required to support the HP Integrated Module with Bluetooth Wireless Technology in supported notebook models running a supported operating system. The HP Integrated Module with Bluetooth Wireless Technology provides wireless connectivity to other devices from the integrated module of the supported notebooks. It also provides additional Bluetooth Profiles. ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp47001-47500/sp47022.exe 2. Make sure the bluetooth radio was not turned off by the HP Wireless Assistant.  Below is the latest version of that software. This package contains the HP Wireless Assistant for the supported notebook models and operating systems. The HP Wireless Assistant reports the power state and Microsoft Windows Device Manager status of integrated wireless devices, alerts the user when the status of a device changes, and enables the user to turn integrated wireless devices on and off. ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp49001-49500/sp49408.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Bluetooth-disappeared-from-Device-Manager-Windows-7-64-bit/td-p/5645902
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi there nbsp I did a clean install of Windows several months back All is working perfectly fine However Bluetooth does not appear in Device Manager including when hidden devices are shown nbsp nbsp This hasn't bothered me up to now because I never had a requirement to use Bluetooth since I purchased this laptop back in However now I do nbsp nbsp Have tried installing the Atheros Bluetooth and drivers from Acer Support gt Drivers amp Manuals Still no luck FYI there are no Windows drivers supported for V - nbsp Bluetooth not Acer V3-571... device in manager Aspire Because of the above I tried installing the driver for V - some people Bluetooth not in device manager Acer Aspire V3-571... have recommended elsewhere for other Bluetooth not in device manager Acer Aspire V3-571... issues with Acer models not supported with W drivers - unfortunately this did not work I installed the below only nbsp nbsp All the above install did was update my wireless network adapter driver Bluetooth still did not appear in device manager nbsp Can anyone help I must add that Bluetooth does not appear via the W menu either nbsp nbsp But greyed out Bluetooth option Bluetooth not in device manager Acer Aspire V3-571... does appear via notifications gt actions menu pop up unable to activate probably because there's no apparent driver according to device manager nbsp nbsp I know that that the obvious answer will be Your Acer Aspire model is not supported with drivers for W therefore there may be some compatibility issues but surely someone out there must have my model or older be using W and still be able to use Bluetooth nbsp Many thanks in advance and hope someone can put me out of my misery

A:Bluetooth not in device manager Acer Aspire V3-571...

I don't have your system. But I know that with the Nov Release of 10, My bluetooth don't work anymore either. When 10240 was released there was no issues. However with the November 10586 after the update it said Sorry this bluetooth wasn't compatible and was removed.  I tried to reinstall the Wireless/Bluetooth Driver but bluetooth still away. Lucky my Wireless part still working....  Maybe it could be the same thing with yours. Or maybe if you give your Wireless/Bluetooth model maybe there is others that have info about a good Driver for your system James PS. Not all systems have everything that is listed in the Drivers list of Acers website. It could be that yours didn't come with the Bluetooth Part

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Bluetooth-not-in-device-manager-Acer-Aspire-V3-571-Windows-10/td-p/402595
Relevancy 70.09%

My parents bought a bluetooth Dongle and I tried installing it, but after I installed the CD that came with it I saw that I don't have the option when I right click a file "Send To" -> "Bluetooth", so I went googling and couldn't find anything.

Everywhere I go it says it should come with windows xp sp2 and I have windows xp Home sp3(upgraded for sp2).

so what's the problem?

please help, thanks.

Relevancy 70.09%

Bluetooth is giving me this error: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" when I go check it through the Device Manager. The drivers are updated and I have already uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. My laptop can still connect and use Wifi without problems. The device is a Qualcomm Atheros AR3011. Is this a hardware problem?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/44775-bluetooth-device-manager-has-exclamation-point.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Sorry if this is the wrong forum. Wasn't clear to me which one was correct.

I have the ASUS Rampage IV Extreme motherboard. One of its features is onboard Bluetooth.

I have it enabled in BIOS. I flashed my BIOS to the latest version, I updated my chipset to the latest driver. I installed the latest Bluetooth driver. I started Bluetooth Support Service in Windows Services.

I've tried disabling Bluetooth in BIOS then enabling it.

I have never once seen anything in my computer that hinted at Bluetooth whatsoever. No Bluetooth Radios in Device Manager or anything Bluetooth related.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
16 GB RAM

I have never tried to use it so I don't know if it ever worked before, but I have no system restore points set anyway, so that test isn't viable.

A:Bluetooth not working or showing up in Device Manager

It looks like a lot of people are having this problem with that motherboard.

One solution was to remove and reconnect the Bluetooth dongle from the motherboard port after installing the driver (yes it is removable, but it clips into the port).

Another was to make sure that the Bluetooth service was enabled in Windows.

Another solution that worked was posted by Necrosan over at ROG:"You need to install AI Suite II - specifically the Mobilink component - on your PC. (You can obtain the most recent version from the R4E ASUS website.)
Turn on bluetooth, pair the phone, open RC bluetooth, hit menu->devices. Choose previously paired device.
At this point it should "just work" if you are about 1-3 feet away from your computer. Any more distance than that and you likely will experience issues. (Yes, the range really does suck this bad.)

I just tested these exact instructions and they worked fine. Feel free to ask any follow up questions.
Enjoy. "
But I think that last one was only if it shows up in Device Manager but does not connect. Can't be sure.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/368602-bluetooth-not-working-showing-up-device-manager.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Ok Thank you guys in advanced before I start So for some odd reason today on one of my laptops my wifi seems to not be working Usually I like to go and look at my wifi signal to see Wifi icon system system not tray. showing in up what Im connected to as soon as I boot m computer Well this time I started it up and the wifi system icon will not show up Of course I go to customize to see if its disabled and if I can enable it Wifi system icon not showing up in system tray. Well the option doesn't even show up I restarted the computer and even used system restore nothing seems to work I ran a wireless network troubleshoot and it says Wifi system icon not showing up in system tray. the problem cant be resolved Im on one of my other laptops because I cant access the internet on the laptop So can anyone help me at all Im new to this forum I think but I do have FRST so if anybody has an idea please let me know I will provide all the information I can if you tell Wifi system icon not showing up in system tray. me what i need to get

A:Wifi system icon not showing up in system tray.

Have you checked Device Manager?  Are there any problems noted with the wifi connection there?
Have you tried:
- downloading a fresh copy of the wifi driver from the manufacturer's website
- uninstalling the current wifi software/drivers
- installing the freshly downloaded drivers?

Have you tried to reset tcp, ip, and winsock?
From an elevated Command Prompt run (and press Enter after each command.  Reboot when done):
netsh int tcp reset
netsh int ip reset
netsh winsock reset

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579005/wifi-system-icon-not-showing-up-in-system-tray/
Relevancy 70.09%

Like some others on Errors Icon Tray Critical System in System this forum I have an icon in my system tray that keeps alternating between a yellow triangle and a land mine icon Periodically a pop up appears quot Critical System Errors quot that is attempting to send me to some website for Spyware removal software I run SpySweeper and MacAfee and have completed scans with both of those products but the icon remains Here is my HiJack This log Any help Critical System Errors Icon in System Tray would be greatly appreciated Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe Critical System Errors Icon in System Tray C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C WINDOWS Logi MwX Exe C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files McAfee com VSO oasclnt exe C Program Files Creative SBLive Diagnostics diagent exe C Program Files McAfee com VSO mcvsshld exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exe C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe c PROGRA mcafee Critical System Errors Icon in System Tray com vso mcshield exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsftsn exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SSU EXE C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C DOCUME Mom LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www sugqttqqykeoijaokdb com v rnO A HvVlt YTxb gNUQb TLYFZ Oq qmI RCW htm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http www yahoo com O - BHO no name - a ddc - - ab-a f-f a f d - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run diagent quot C Program Files Creative SBLive Diagnostics diagent exe quot startup O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcupdate exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - H... Read more

A:Critical System Errors Icon in System Tray

Please download SmitfraudFix (by S!Ri)
Extract the content (a folder named SmitfraudFix) to your Desktop.

Note : process.exe is detected by some antivirus programs (AntiVir, Dr.Web, Kaspersky) as a "RiskTool"; it is not a virus, but a program used to stop system processes. Antivirus programs cannot distinguish between "good" and "malicious" use of such programs, therefore they may alert the user.

You should print out these instructions, or copy them to a NotePad file for reading while in Safe Mode, because you will not be able to connect to the Internet to read from this site.

Next, please reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following :
Restart your computer
After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu with options should appear;
Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press "Enter".
Choose your usual account.
Once in Safe Mode, open the SmitfraudFix folder and double-click smitfraudfix.cmd
Select option #2 - Clean by typing 2 and press "Enter" to delete infected files.

You will be prompted : "Registry cleaning - Do you want to clean the registry ?"; answer "Yes" by typing Y and press "Enter" in order to remove the Desktop background and clean registry keys associated with the infection.

The tool will now check if wininet.dll is infected. You may be prompted to replace the infected file (if found); answer "Yes" by typing Y and press "Enter".

The tool may need to restart your computer to finish the cleaning process; if it doesn't, please restart it into Normal Windows.
A text file will appear onscreen, with results from the cleaning process; please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.
The report can also be found at the root of the system drive, usually at C:\rapport.txt along with a fresh HJT log

For additional help read:
the Engish Tutorial
the French Tutorial (Tutorial Franšais)
the German Tutorial (Deutsche Anleitung)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/critical-system-errors-icon-in-system-tray.527149/
Relevancy 70.09%

I got infected with one of the fake quot System Icon Alert!" In Infected With "system Tray System Alert quot icons that keeps popping a message up every few minutes I've run Ad-Aware Spybot and McAfee Anti-Virus multiple times both in regular Windows mode Infected With "system Alert!" In System Icon Tray and in Safe Mode I've also run the McAfee Stinger application None of these have solved the problem Here's my HT log thanks for any help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System Infected With "system Alert!" In System Icon Tray svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Infected With "system Alert!" In System Icon Tray Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exeC Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet Quickset exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exeC Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM stsystra exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exeC Program Files AIM aim exeC Program Files Wallpaper Master Wallpaper exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Common Files AOL Loader aolload exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC Program Files Stardock ObjectDock ObjectDock exeC WINDOWS BricoPacks Crystal Clear UberIcon UberIcon Manager exeC Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Widget Engine YahooWidgets exeC Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Widget Engine YahooWidgets exeC Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Widget Engine YahooWidgets exeC Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Widget Engine YahooWidgets exeC Program Files AIM aolsoftware exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exeC Program Files Common Files Creative Labs Shared Service CreativeLicensing exeC WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC WINDOWS System GEARSec exeC PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exec program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exeC Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Widget Engine YahooWidgets exeC Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Widget Engine YahooWidgets exeC Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Widget Engine YahooWidgets exec PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exeC Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exeC Program Files McAfee MSK MskSrver exeC Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exeC Program Files Norton Ghost Agent VProSvc exeC Program Files Maxtor OneTouch Utils SyncServices exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC Program Files Retrospect Retrospect Express HD retrorun exeC Program Files UGS UGSLicensing lmgrd exeC Program Files UGS UGSLicensing lmgrd exeC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exec WINDOWS system ZuneBusEnum exeC Program Files UGS UGSLicensing ugslmd exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exeC Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Windows Medi... Read more

A:Infected With "system Alert!" In System Icon Tray

Hello Donnie M.,Welcome to Bleeping Computer Please download SmitfraudFix (by S!Ri)Extract the content (a folder named SmitfraudFix) to your Desktop.Open the SmitfraudFix folder and double-click smitfraudfix.cmdSelect option #1 - Search by typing 1 and press "Enter"; a text file will appear, which lists infected files (if present).Please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.Thanks,tea

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/132047/infected-with-system-alert-in-system-icon-tray/
Relevancy 70.09%

I am having a strange issue. I am connected, yet I see the not connected icon for wireless and wired internet:

I have restarted, cleared icon cash, ended explorer.exe and restarted it. Does not effect usage, just annoying. Does this on every network. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jack

A:Network connection tray icon display wrong image

Hi there,

If this bothers you although you are connected to the network and internet you may try to uninstall/reinstall the device driver from your computer's device manager if you have not done this yet.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/250426-network-connection-tray-icon-display-wrong-image.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I just bought a used Toshiba Portege R600-ST520W running Win7 SP1. I was told it was a "clean install" (32bit) and I believe it since there is near nothing on the computer, or at least there wasn't until I started adding things.

There has been this little icon right next to my clock in the system tray since day 1 and I can't figure it out. It appears to be grayed out and doesn't respond to hovering, right or left clicking.

Anyone have an idea of what it could be? I'll try to attach a pic. Blown up if I can...

A:Unknown Icon in system tray?

Take a look at what's running in task manager, what services are started and what programs are loaded at startup. That may help to narrow it down.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unknown-icon-in-system-tray-665718.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello,

I have and add-on for Thunderbird called Minimize to Tray Plus. Anyhow, it puts a Thunderbird icon in my system tray that, to put it mildly, looks like crap. Can someone tell me if it is possible to customize this icon to one of my choosing? In fact, most of the 3rd party icons that run in the system tray could use a serious makeover. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Thunderbird System Tray Icon

Not sure how to cumtomize, but you can change when it appears
Works for Vista and Seven
Notification Icons - Customize - Vista Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/129039-thunderbird-system-tray-icon.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Once again i have lost the Network Icon from the system tray.
It is also greyed out in the Notification Area.
This has happened before and reappeared later.
Any ideas please?

A:Network Icon not in System Tray

Hello Jeceris,

This may be able to help fix this for you.

Notification Area - System Icons

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/289609-network-icon-not-system-tray.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I'm connected wirelessly with no connection issues, but the system tray icon is the one for a LAN connection with a red x on it and not the wireless icon. I noticed if I flip the switch to turn of the networking adapter it reverts to a wireless icon but of course with no connection.

Relevancy 69.66%

Is there a way to change a software (not system) trayicon for example a download manager or something like that (i'm trying to change Mipony tray icon).I took a look to the forum but i didn't find what i'm look exactly for.

thanks

A:System tray icon customization

If you mean the icon that Mipony shows in the tray I think the only way would be via a resource editor. Usually the application uses its standard icon for the tray also. But it doesn't have to. Typically you would replace the first icon in the exe file. But some programs may use a different icon for the tray. You can open the exe with a resource editor and look.

Just be aware that if you make a mistake you could overwrite something in the program. Also I don't know if there's anything that prohibits doing it. Seems unlikely though.

If I don't have the idea what you want to do please post and correct my impression.

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/40628-system-tray-icon-customization.html
Relevancy 69.66%

My Dad has XP and I don't and he relies on me for fixes. He has an icon for Kodak Easy Share in his system tray that he would like removed. I tried searching the registry for the system tray, but could not find it. Perhaps it was his keyboard, but in regedit, I tried to use the find function and F3 did not "find next". I had to use CTRL+F and click "Find Next" each search. I looked in the Kodak hive and did not see any entry to place in the system tray. Could someone please give me a clue as to where to look so he will be happy again?

TIA

Relevancy 69.66%

When I booted up this morning,I noticed a new icon in the system tray,it looks like 2 computer monitors with a small bar flashing between them ....I clicked on it and it said aquiring network connection,I cannot understand this as I was already on the net having a broadband connection ....anyone have any idea why its there ?

Relevancy 69.66%

I downloaded an application and saved it, however I didn't like it, so I deleted it from my Vista "downloads" folder and recycle bin, but can't understand how to permanently delete it from appearing in my system's tray when I turn on my laptop.

Thank you, friends!

A:How do I delete an Icon in my system tray?

Have you uninstalled the program through the Control Panel? Go to --> Start --> Control Panel and under the 'Programs' section, click 'Uninstall a Program'.

Look for the same program that you downloaded that you want to get rid of and double-click it to uninstall it completely from your computer. Follow the prompts to completely uninstall it. Hope that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-delete-an-icon-in-my-system-tray.565814/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi Anyone knows how to disable NAV when there is no NAV icon in when no tray in disable NAV icon there is to NAV How system the system tray In the good old days I used to right-click on the icon then select disable Story below Heard about the freeware CutePDF Writer from an AutoCAD user group and managed to install it but not sure if the installation was fully successful as it was not found as a system printer The help files says quot CutePDF Writer installs itself as a quot printer subsystem quot I suspect How to disable NAV when there is no NAV icon in system tray it may have something to do with not disabling NAV during installation Anyway I uninstalled it restarted opened Windows Task Manager Processes selected NAVAPSVC EXE End Process then How to disable NAV when there is no NAV icon in system tray tried to reinstall CutePDF via Windows Explorer Each time I clicked on the Setup file nothing happened and Task Manager showed Window Explorer as not responding It was impossible to end task Window Explorer and I ended up having to restart Anyone able to throw light on the situation Thanks

A:How to disable NAV when there is no NAV icon in system tray

bring nav up from the programs list

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/how-to-disable-nav-when-there-is-no-nav-icon-in-system-tray-17400.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I explain:

in my way to customize my windows 7 sp1, i change some icon system like:

batmeter.dll
pnidui.dll
SndVolSSO.dll

like many others time i became ownership of these files, rename these like .bak and put new file in C:\Windows\System32
Rebbot system and no icon show in system tray. I verify in panel active/disactive system icons and all these are inactive and i cannot change status.
So i comeback and restore original dll but the problem ramain...

In which way a ican solve ??

Please and thank
Hispa

A:Help ! No icon shox on system tray

Try following the instructions here.
Icon Cache - Rebuild

It should return icons to normal.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/183130-help-no-icon-shox-system-tray.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Good Day,

Not sure where this "new" icon came from. All it says is, "safely remove USB mass storage device." When I click on it nothing happens for either right or left click. I ran a virus scan, but nothing showed then I went into the startup file, but it wasn't listed. (My OS is Window's XP)

I then ran a "Startup Inspector" and again it wasn't listed. Then I remember _command prompt_ and running msconfig to see startup menu

Unfortunately, all I get is a message stating that, "msconfig is not recognized as an internal or external command. (I could have sworn this worked before.)

So now I don't know if the two are related, but either way I'm concerned.

Anyone have any suggestions...

TIA

A:Unknown icon in system tray....

That is a normal function in windows xp. You must have a USB flash drive or some other sort of USB device that is the utility that windows has so you can disable the device before you unplug it from the system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-icon-in-system-tray.539234/
Relevancy 69.66%

hi rid in tray-how of can icon system the i AOL Solved: it? get i have an AOL icon in the system tray that i cant seem to get rid of does anyone know how to make it so that it doesn t appear upon start up just for the record it is not working by going to the start up options preferences and unchecking the option that says to load aol in the background i just want to get rid of the icon in the system tray this is what the help menu says about it You can find the AOL tray icon in the Windows system By clicking the icon once you can open several menu options to handily access AOL settings or frequenly used options such as signing on to the service The AOL tray icon is automatically added to your Windows system tray when you install AOL Click any of Solved: AOL icon in the system tray-how can i get rid of it? the links below to find more information about the menu options available from the AOL System Tray Signing On To the AOL Service Start-Up Settings Help AOL Spyware Protection AOL System Information but it doesn t say how to get rid of it nbsp

Relevancy 69.66%

What program uses the icon between the sheild and time in the image attacked?
Note: I don't have access to view the running processes.

Relevancy 69.66%

I do not know exactly when this icon appeared but when I hover my mouse on it nothing shows up. When I click, right click, or double click on the icon it does not do anything. When I go to the customize notifications box, it says <no title>. I have uploaded a picture of the icon. Does anybody know what this icon is and how can I get rid of it?

A:Unknown system tray icon

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Its very small..but looks to be a touchpad is disabled icon. Are you on a laptop?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unknown-system-tray-icon-637763.html
Relevancy 69.66%

the first solution did not detect a damaged or corrupted sndvol32.exe the second solution (microsoft) was aimed at a problem similar to mine but instead of not being able to add volume icon to systray because of error message, i AM able to add the volume icon to systray only to have it disappear after i restart my computer.... by the way i did try the 2nd solution anyway and it did not work....

Relevancy 69.66%

All my anti-malware programs have an icon grouped together in the system tray(Avast, MBAM, SAS, Spybot S&D), making it easy for me to remember which ones to run in what order, except for Glary Utilities, which has one on the taskbar (technically, Glary Utilities isn't an anti-malware program but I like to run its 1-click Maintenance after running my anti-malware scans). Since Glary isn't grouped with the rest of my anti-malware programs, I tend to forget to run it. Is there anyway to create an icon for Glary in the system tray instead of the taskbar?

A:Putting an Icon in the System Tray

Glary utilities - Minimize to system tray

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/319315-putting-icon-system-tray.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi After suffering around i got an attack of Iguard and Virtual Maid It kept throwing pop-ups at me and just making surfing a pain I have now deleted these spyware programs using Adware and SpyBot I also Tray Sys System in Warning Icon did online virus checks and firewall checks which all say i am secure read up on killing register enteries and startup programs I am now left with problem I have a flashing orange triangle with a black exclamation in my sys System Warning Icon in Sys Tray tray when ever i run explorer It even pops up when explorer is run but not connected to the net as i have a wireless router and must enable connection via When i mouse System Warning Icon in Sys Tray over this icon no info is given When i am in a online game it pops me out of that window and gives me System Warning window saying different crap like system resources are low or ports are open virus detected anything it can get for me to buy software If i click this icon it takes me to a web page quot http msxpsupport com soft search php said dsm amp qq antivirus quot Which as you can see is full of Msn ads When i have surf to this ad page the icon will dissapear for mins then it willpop back up again Please reply if System Warning Icon in Sys Tray possible as i have been all thro my Msconfig and checked all my Services Killed msmsgs exe as i was thinking this could be the cause Not too sure if Event log has something to do with it Help Thxs Mechlsd Set is P Ie version Wireless Belkin router with firewall built in Pop-up blocker yahoo running AVG Virus control running Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System helper exe C Program Files HHVcdV Sys VC SecS exe C Program Files HHVcdV Sys VC Play exe C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS System RUNDLL EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech QCDriver LVCOMS EXE C Program Files Virtual CD v System VC Tray exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe H Hold HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http uk yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www btbroadbandstart com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride R - URLSearchHook no name - C AB F-A - e- C - A E A - no file O - Hosts msn com O - Hosts msn com O - Hosts msn com O - Hosts msn com O - Hosts msn com O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - F Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS system msdxm ocx O - Toolbar no name - B F DE-CB F- b b- B- DD ADBA C - no file O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - HKLM Run VC Player C Program Files HHVcdV Sys VC Play exe O - HKLM Run bcmwltry bcmwltry exe O - HKLM Run removecpl RemoveCpl exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run n... Read more

A:System Warning Icon in Sys Tray

The latest version of HiJackThis is 1.99.1. Might want to download that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-warning-icon-in-sys-tray.348440/