Windows Support Forum

Latitude E7440 Display goes Black / Blank after "Starting Windows"

Q: Latitude E7440 Display goes Black / Blank after "Starting Windows"

I suspect that this is a out-of-the-box issue (as the power button doesn't light up, either), but maybe I'm missing something...

This particular unit fired up, as expected, and took our standard image. Somewhere along the way (probably during one of its reboots), I noticed that the display went out. Powering it down and back on didn't resolve it, nor did resetting the BIOS. Dell Diags run without issue, and I can boot Windows into Safe Mode...but as soon as I boot Windows normally, it blanks after "Starting Windows" flashes by.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Latitude E7440 Display goes Black / Blank after "Starting Windows"

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Latitude E7440 Display goes Black / Blank after "Starting Windows"

Aarrgghh! I'm kicking myself. It was something I discovered some time ago, and since forgot...

I had them stacked! I shut down one E7440, placed another on top of it, and proceeded to image this second unit. At some point, I must have shifted it ever so slightly...putting it right over whatever the heck is in the cover/lid of the first unit's display!? (A magnetic field, is my guess.) And "blank" goes the second unit's display...knocking out the power button's light, as a bonus.

It worked as expected, when I moved this unit to another location, in order to tap into an HDMI flat-panel. And it blanked out, as soon as I put it back on top of the first E7440. Mystery solved.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19566374
Relevancy 81.84%

Hello,
I'm using a Latitude E7440 with a Dock and two monitors connected to it. (Both with DVI)
Sporadically (often already shortly after starting the laptop) one or both of the monitors are going black for about 5 and come back after.
I already tried several things to fix the issue but haven't been able to find a solution yet.

What I've tried so far:

Update to latest BIOS
Use different display driver
Used a different dock
Mainboard replacement
Installed latest MST HUB FIrmware
Disabled Display Port in the monitor settings
At this point I don't know what else to do to fix this issue and I'd really appreciate any help from others.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988921
Relevancy 101.05%

Windows after quot Starting Windows quot stops with a black screen and mouse cursor I turned on my desktop PC after more than weeks of non use it was in its package box It booted nicely to the desktop but suddenly showed a BSOD and turned off I "Starting stops then & active screen cursor with Windows" black Boot: turned it on again and it showed a message saying Boot: "Starting Windows" then stops with black screen & active cursor the processor is overheated so I turned it off removed the processor to check if there's enough Boot: "Starting Windows" then stops with black screen & active cursor thermal compound Thermal compound was OK but the processor was a bit shaky not well fitted so I replaced the processor correctly and then powered it on It detected the change I made and asked what system settings it should load I chose the default CPU settings in a haste I didn't read that message well unfortunately It showed the error message that Windows wasn't shutdown properly I chose to load Windows normally Chkdsk did a disk check disk passed and it started quot Replacing invalid security ID with default security ID quot It then started booting quot Starting Windows quot and the next screen was just a blank black screen with the mouse cursor It's stopped here for hours I searched for solutions online and tried almost everything I could think of Repair with Windows installer bootrec fixmbr bootrec fixboot marking the disk active etc No success I cannot boot in any mode In an attempt to copy my files off the disk I tried Ubuntu and even installed a new Windows on an unallocated partition on the same disk The disk was not accessible and its original name has change from C to D This is how the disk structure was C contains the new Windows I just installed test D contains my previous Windows which used to be on the C E MB reserved system partition I tried granting admin permissions to the disk in the Security tab it found several errors and the operation did not succeed How can I get my Windows back

A:Boot: "Starting Windows" then stops with black screen & active cursor

Thee first attempt should be a total dismantle and re-seat ... and then follow it:
Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/302179-boot-starting-windows-then-stops-black-screen-active-cursor.html
Relevancy 101.05%

Need the aforementioned drivers.  I have installed virtually every driver available in the Driver download page inc Control Vault and cannot get the two driver mentioned.

Any help would be appriciated 

A:Need drivers for Dell Latitude E6520 "Broadcom USH" & "Mass Storage Controller" Windows 7 64 Bit

Check under Security for the Broadcom Unified Security Hub (USH - probably a print/biometric reader) for the device that best matches your hardware:
www.dell.com/.../latitude-e6520
The other "mass storage controller" ... go to Device Manager, right-click the device in question, Properties, Details tab, change dropdown to Hardware Ids and give me the the VEN and DEV ID's (do the same for the above USH device if the driver linked does not work).  

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19487460
Relevancy 99.76%

Hello all and firstly good morning This is my problem and things that I have tried Screen "starting windows" Black everything, after help. please tried Windows bit Ultimate PROBLEM After using my PC as an alarm as I miss placed my phone it simply black screens after boot quot starting windows quot I used a program called quot Perfect Alarm quot - I did notice some sort of error upon waking but I was in a rush to get to work Black Screen after "starting windows" tried everything, please help. so just closed the error and shut down my PC normally Getting home from work and switching my PC on I was greeted by a black screen and cursor after quot starting windows quot Nothing responds Can't Ctrl-Alt-Del can't right click multiple shortcuts all do not work SOLUTIONS I HAVE TRIED I tried safe mode all safe modes same story but a bigger cursor I tried switching my screens around unplugging taking all ram out but stick tried multiple sticks unplugged DVD drive unplugged speakers no luck I tried leaving it for hours no luck Many Many restarts Leaving PSU off for a few minutes no luck Returned everything to Failsafe defaults in Bio's machine is overclocked no luck F - All viable options Nothing solves the issue System restore etc Put the installation disk in set all boots to quot CD-ROM quot and quot Boot menu quot to CD ROM Brings up quot booting from CD quot waits a few seconds and then proceeds to just ask me if I would like to start windows normally safe mode etc Tried installing Linux with a REALLY OLD disk tried a few disks but got seemingly unrealated errors Guessing down to old sctrached up disks Made a quot recdisc quot from my mates PC who also has quot Windows bit Ultimate quot - This time the PC asks me to press any key to proceed Do so and try the first option It just repeatedly tells me quot If you have recently attached an external device please remove it quot something like this so I go to plan B System restore I have dates I can restore from Tried all restore dates with same issue and also after each restore point tried the first option again sorry I forget the name quot system recovery quot with the same result quot please unplug any recently attached etc etc quot MY LAST HOPE trying tonight I have used a friends laptop to make a install disk for an extremely lightweight OS that he recommended Install this Transfer all data I need to a external TB hard drive Format my TB Hard drive Re-install Windows Transfer the data back HELP Can anyone suggest anything else I can try before taking this last pretty drastic step that may not work The only things I know happened before this started are Windows Update Updated Winamp to latest version Used quot perfect alarm quot to wake me up Sorry for the huge wall of text I tried to break it up as much as possible for easy reading Regards Rich Mutiny

A:Black Screen after "starting windows" tried everything, please help.

Try to run sfc /scannow at startup

Here are the insructions

YBL

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/152331-black-screen-after-starting-windows-tried-everything-please-help.html
Relevancy 99.76%

Approx. 1 in 3 startups my computer shows a black screen after the "Starting Windows" screen.

I enable boot logging and it seems the problem is a driver called "ladfDHP2amd64.sys".

When my system doesnt start up and shows a black screen, the last driver to be loaded is the "usbaudio.sys", and when it starts up fine, "ladfDHP2amd64.sys" is loaded just after the "usbaudio.sys".

As far as I can see itts related to my Logitech G35 headset, but the drivers are up to date. Ive had this headset on another machine running Windows 7 without problems, and Ive even tried a fresh install on this machine, but the problem persists.
Any suggestions?

A:Black screen after "starting windows" sometimes

Quote: Originally Posted by Caulnian

Approx. 1 in 3 startups my computer shows a black screen after the "Starting Windows" screen.

I enable boot logging and it seems the problem is a driver called "ladfDHP2amd64.sys".

When my system doesnt start up and shows a black screen, the last driver to be loaded is the "usbaudio.sys", and when it starts up fine, "ladfDHP2amd64.sys" is loaded just after the "usbaudio.sys".

As far as I can see itts related to my Logitech G35 headset, but the drivers are up to date. Ive had this headset on another machine running Windows 7 without problems, and Ive even tried a fresh install on this machine, but the problem persists.

Any suggestions?

Try here:
Blue screen in windows7 64bit

and here some infos:
http://www.bestregistryscanner.net/d...md64.sys-error

Will uninstall all the G35 logitech software then delete that driver, do a good clean & Av scan, before reinstall the driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/98313-black-screen-after-starting-windows-sometimes.html
Relevancy 96.75%

So a few hours ago my computer randomly crashed and I got the black screen asking me Windows screen Windows" with after cursor "Starting with 7 no Black to either start windows normally or repair my computer I've had some issues like this in the past and doing the Startup Repair pretty much always either fixed the problem or allowed me to get into my computer to fix it However tonight's issue has been completely different After doing the startup repair and having it seemingly fix the problem this is essentially what happens I Black screen with no cursor after "Starting Windows" with Windows 7 get the screen with the F and F options as normal I get to the Starting Windows page as normal Now in the past when I had issues my screen would go BACK to the boot option screen quickly before bringing up the Repair screen But what's happening now is when I start my computer it goes from Starting Windows to a black screen with NO mouse cursor I restarted the computer and tried loading into Safe Mode the same thing happens though it feels like it's doing the same quot Getting stuck loading into Safe Mode quot thing I've seen in the past I have no System Restore points and the Windows Memory Diagnostic found no issues But since I can't get to my desktop in any fashion I can't really do anything I can get to the System Recovery Options the F menu and the F menu but I have no idea what to do from either of these when Safe Mode isn't working and can't find much online about this issue without the mouse cursor Looking for help as to what I should do Edit and just to add to this I attempted to see what would happen if I just stayed with the black screen as long as possible to see if maybe my desktop would load properly after a while so I could at least get into it After about minutes I got a quick blue screen with text I couldn't read quick ebough before the computer restarted itself I have learned though that I can open Notepad in the command prompt if that helps at all

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/387252-black-screen-no-cursor-after-starting-windows-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 96.75%

hi I recently tried installing Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit from a usb. after it boots up and loads the files it switches to the Windows flag logo and says "starting Windows" for a bit then goes to a black screen. nothing else happens. if anyone knows anything about it let me know please

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-after-starting-windows-installing-windows-7.1163601/
Relevancy 96.75%

Hi all Sorry to repeat a question I see a lot of instances of but none of those seem to be addressing my problem correctly I have not done anything new to my computer in recent days so this problem has caught me off guard I see most instances of this problem come after upgrading to Windows I have had Win installed for a while now Here is a summary of my problem My computer recently got stuck on the quot Starting Windows Screen quot So I manually held the power button to reboot On reboot it said there was a need to run a startup repair which I did Everything checked fine except for the Corrupted" Windows", is on Repair "Starting Stuck Shows Disk Volume "System on last one which said quot System Volume on Disk is Corrupted quot which it claimed to have successfully fixed After rebooting from repair the system gets stuck on quot Starting Windows Screen quot for a good - minutes after which it runs a registry check After it completes that I get hopeful -- but the screen then gets stuck on an all black screen with just the mouse cursor and nothing more Additional note Attempting to start the computer on quot safe mode quot leads Stuck on "Starting Windows", Repair Shows "System Volume on Disk is Corrupted" safe mode startup to become stalled Stuck on "Starting Windows", Repair Shows "System Volume on Disk is Corrupted" on quot DRIVERS CLASSPNP SYS quot The lastest attempt to repair yielded this message quot Startup repair cannot repair this computer automatically Problem event Name Startup Repair Offline Problem signature uknown quot AutoFailover Corrupt Volume OS Version Locale Id In need of help not sure where to start Thanks nbsp

A:Stuck on "Starting Windows", Repair Shows "System Volume on Disk is Corrupted"

Hi Stan, Hopefully I can help you out....or at least lead you in the right direction. From my experience, the symptoms you are suggesting sound like perhaps a dying Hard drive.

1. Do you have the windows 7 boot disks that came with your computer or when you bought the Operating System? If so, you could try and insert one of those and boot from it, and attempt to repair the installation. (this won't affect your data, only the windows system files).

2. If that doesn't fix it, you could try a fresh reinstall of windows 7, and see if that works.

3. If neither of those work, its likely that because of the fact that when windows is repairing itself, it is generally putting copies of its system files in the same physical location on your disk. Because your disk is obviously not completely dead, ie....its still loading to the windows 7 startup screen, its just copying files to the bad sectors on your hard drive and gets stuck when loading. This is especially my guess because you said Safe mode is having same problems, even after attempting to repair. In the past, I've tried and salvage a disk by reformatting it and only leaving on partitions which do not contain the bad clusters. This takes some time, and some guess work.....and really this is only a "bandaid" fix because once the disk has bad clusters, its only a matter of time before these things give out. You wouldn't want to trust your important data on it anyways....

I hope this leads you in the right direction.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-on-starting-windows-repair-shows-system-volume-on-disk-is-corrupted.1023059/
Relevancy 94.6%

Hi I have a Toshiba r - PT E work laptop It is running Windows x Enterprise It has one GB stick of ram which is PC Windows Windows" getting Laptop "Error or hangs at "Starting 0xC0000225" works fine with this I have obtained a GB stick of ram which is PC With just this one in Windows works fine However if I have BOTH sticks put in the BIOS recognises that there is GB installed but Windows fails to boot It gets stuck at the quot Starting Windows quot screen If I restart it asks me if I want to start windows normally or to run the Windows repair If I try that I get the message quot Laptop hangs at "Starting Windows" or getting "Error 0xC0000225" Error xc The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible quot I tried using a Windows System Restore disc but that doesnt work If I try either of the sticks in the laptop one at a time then Windows boots up fine Is this just down to the laptop not being compatible with the mixture of speeds I thought that if they were mixed it would just use the lower speed by default So confused

A:Laptop hangs at "Starting Windows" or getting "Error 0xC0000225"

Hello borito, Welcome to SevenForums!

Is this a laptop provided by a company you work for by any chance?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/331694-laptop-hangs-starting-windows-getting-error-0xc0000225.html
Relevancy 94.6%

For a couple weeks now, My laptop has been making a "pop" sound everytime on start up after the windows logo comes together it makes a faint pop sound then continues to the login screen. Everytime I muted or unmuted the speakers it would make the sound too. I changed my driver the the Windows default and it stopped but the pop won't.

Laptop Model / Manufacturer : Gateway NV53A
Sound Driver : Realtek (But changed to Windows Default)

A:Laptop speakers emit a "pop" sound after "Starting Windows"

The windows default is the culprit here.

When your system boots, drivers started one after another, the pop sound came in because the default driver is not built to especially manage your audio card.

Download the driver from the manufacturer according to your model, install it and I assure you all will be fine.

cheers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/166514-laptop-speakers-emit-pop-sound-after-starting-windows.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Hello, I have a desktop here where any type of OS installations won't work. If installing Windows the installation get stuck at "Starting Windows" or can't find installation media.During the hang, my hard drive makes a clicking noise for like 10 secs and then stops. If installing Linux distributions, the installation reports that the device for the media is not ready. Any help is appreciated

PC
Acer Aspire AX1430G-UW30P
AMD E-450 dual core processor
AMD Radeon HD 6300 graphics

BTW im not sure if it's BIOS because I don't know if it's UEFI or EFI

A:Windows installation stuck at "Starting Windows" or "Device not ready" for linux

The clicking sound could be a bad HDD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-installation-stuck-at-starting-windows-or-device-not-ready-for-linux-1143458.html
Relevancy 94.17%

ie9 new browser opens "blank" windows 7. Changing it to "home" doesn't last if you shut down. Next session, it still opens "blank"

A:ie9 new browser opens "blank" windows 7. Changing it to "home" doesn't

Welcome to Seven Forums bobbot11. Help us understand. When you 1st open IE, it opens to a blank page instead of your home page? Or is opening new tabs that open a blank tab? Or is opening a new window that opens a blank window?

If IE is opening to a blank page instead of a home page you have set, try re-registering IE.

Download the IE Restorator, and choose Re-register 32 bit IE in (whichever version your OS is) W7

SF IE Restorator - Troubleshooting General Issues with IE

See if that helps. A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/263674-ie9-new-browser-opens-blank-windows-7-changing-home-doesnt.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Hi,

When our website users click on an html attachment embedded on a web-page in IE9, the download manager will not display the "Open" option. It will only display "Save" and "Cancel" which our users don't like, having to save the
html document in a folder to open it. Whereas, when downloading attachments like pdf, word etc. all three options are displayed. 

Is there any setting to tweak , which will display all the 3 options for HTML attachments as well?

A:IE9 download manager will not display "Open" option (only "Save" and "Cancel" is displayed) for downloading HTML documents.

Hi,
As you know, the Open-Save-Cancel dialog box helps you prevent your computer from affecting by virus while downloading. 
So I suggest you test to reset all zones to a lower level temporarily and then please attempt to download this html attachment again.

However, since you can normally download the other documents, I suspect there is some restriction in the website which you are trying to view. I recommend you to contact the administrator of that website if possible.
could you please send me the link of the website from where you are trying to download the html attachment?
Thanks!

We
are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this
interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3094ac49-8d49-4a60-a7cf-fb12c823e500/ie9-download-manager-will-not-display-quotopenquot-option-only-quotsavequot-and?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 93.31%

Hi all Ill cut to the chase What White" Desktop "High Windows not and "Black the just Contrast" Turning completely I am asking is someway of turning the Entire Windows Desktop Screen quot Black and White quot not simply High Contrast I am one of those unfortunate ones Turning the Windows Desktop completely "Black and White" not just "High Contrast" like many that suffer from quite severe migraines from time to time Couple this with frequent headaches sometimes daily This obviously isnt helped by the fact that my hobby and career are both in IT I have tried every possible solution to alleviate the headaches Lay off certain foods make sure to have a balanced diet Turn off any strong lighting around my computer screen remove any strong colours from the desktop etc Windows XP Vista have tried to address this issue with the accessibility wizard where you can select the High Contrast Options to take any strong colours off the screen Unfortunately this still doesnt get rid of everything When you make any major changes or quot logoff quot in XP Vista the screen fades to quot black and white Turning the Windows Desktop completely "Black and White" not just "High Contrast" quot for a short period If you know what I am on about thats the effect I am after More than likely a black and white layer is Turning the Windows Desktop completely "Black and White" not just "High Contrast" laid over the desktop to create this effect unfortunately you would not be able to access anything underneath I need a fully functional XP machine in complete black and white On old CRT monitors you were able to remove the colour making the screen B amp W but with alot of LCD screens this function is not available If anyone has any ideas you would be helping so many people Any assistance would be greatly appreciated Regards Richard nbsp

A:Turning the Windows Desktop completely "Black and White" not just "High Contrast"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/turning-the-windows-desktop-completely-black-and-white-not-just-high-contrast.592004/
Relevancy 92.45%

I have Windows Ultimate x The other day I was afk while listening to loud music from my computer boot and freeze "LOADED at "Starting Windows" Windows ...\disk.sys" on Suddenly the speakers began screaming in a high pitch and when I got to my computer it had frozen I tried to reboot it but it simply froze at the Windows loading screen with the floating balls of light and the text quot Starting Windows quot I have also tried booting from the Windows Installation DVD but it freezes at the loading screen once again I then tried to use the Startup Repair Tool only to find Windows freezing at the loading screen again When trying to reboot in safe mode it freezes again just after having loaded quot disk sys quot These are the things I have tried so far - I have run memory tests using Memtest - I have run hard disk drive tests using SeaTools - No errors were found - I removed the sound card from the MB with same boot result EDIT - I have reset the BIOS - I booted with Windows freeze on boot at "Starting Windows" and "LOADED ...\disk.sys" GB of RAM instead of my standard GB Anyone who can think of other things I should try

A:Windows freeze on boot at "Starting Windows" and "LOADED ...\disk.sys"

Suggest you run SFC. {Option 2}
You may need to run it at least 3 times.
Let us know the report at the end please.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/210142-windows-freeze-boot-starting-windows-loaded-disk-sys.html
Relevancy 92.45%

It just happened out of the blue. I just got the computer in november. Please someone help me. I cant reboot it wont go passed this screen. It dont have a cd rom or anything like that

A:Black screen saying "setup is starting services"

Hello and welcome FL2013 first what screen are you referring to? as you have no pics of it in the post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/277894-black-screen-saying-setup-starting-services.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Hi all.

Was browsing the web and my 3 year old Samsung NC20 just froze. Couldn't get any movement so turned off, waited a minute and turned back on. Now when pressing the start button there appears to be no boot up, the screen remains black, the only LED lit up is the 'on' LED, the fan whirs and gets hot but there is no other sign of life.

Would appreciate any assistance in resolving this issue.

Relevancy 91.16%

This problem started just last night and I ve gone through to after Menu" screen Problem going computer with black/blank "Boot a series Problem with computer going to black/blank screen after "Boot Menu" of possibilities and I m Problem with computer going to black/blank screen after "Boot Menu" pretty sure I ve ruled out it being the Video Card at this point I m assuming it is the Hard Drive but I wanted to get an opinion that has actual value rather than my own gt lt Last night I shut down my computer via start menu and went to turn it back on and when I did the screen went blank black after the quot boot menu quot not sure what that menu is called its where its kind of blue i have an hp and you can hit Esc F F F After that happened I figured oh well maybe it just loaded wrong so I shut it off now when I hit the power button rather than having to hold it down I just press it once even lightly and it just shuts down completely Normally when you hit it you have to hold it down to shut it down completely or so I think Now I m currently using an Nvidia GeForce GTX video card I swapped that out with a working one which was an Nvidia GeForce GT not sure if the were compatible or not but it fit and everything ok Computer still did the same thing with the other video card I didn t try the current one in the broken computer in the working computer to rule it out completely I just assuming that was the cast besides it wouldn t fit in the other computer or didn t have some of the cords Which is why I came to the assumption it is the Hard Drive A as google puts it Logical Hard Drive Failure I m not really sure what that is seems like it can happen due to a virus deleting system files etc I m also not sure on what to look for if one occurs can the screen load that boot menu and actually go blank afterwards like when its loading windows Anyways I have no clue where to go from here or what steps to even take If needed here are my system specs - Intel Core i - Processor - GB DDR System Memory - TB Hard Drive Made by Seagate it looks like I m pretty sure there are drives aswell a much smaller one that stores most of the system files and the giant one though I see nothing inside the actual computer that would indicate a nd drive - Nvidia GeForce GTX with GB Dedicated Graphics Memory - Annnnnd Windows Incase anyone was also curious the video card I tested with was - GeForce GT with MB DDR The computer itself that I use and am currently experiencing problems with is HP Pavilion Elite HPE f PC nbsp

A:Problem with computer going to black/blank screen after "Boot Menu"

See if you can boot off something like Hiren's Boot CD and then run a hard drive diagnostic tool.

That will rule in or out a hard drive problem. It could be that your Windows system files got corrupted and maybe you could fix by doing a repair of Windows from a Windows 7 dvd.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-computer-going-to-black-blank-screen-after-boot-menu.176088/
Relevancy 91.16%

I have an Inspiron 15z that I "downgraded" to Windows 7. I love this machine it was working great.
About six months ago, whenever it goes into sleep or hibernation when it wakes up it always starts in projector only so my screen is blank, and I blindly have to hit fn-f1-tab to get it to 'comptuer only' display mode, which is what I want as my default always.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19714475
Relevancy 90.73%

hello there, I have some questions, why do I get bluescreen errors, when I start my computer or when I shut my computer down? things that I found on the blue screen is "prl_boot.sys" for sometimes. my computer never got Bluescreen on normal use..

Here's the zip:
SF_19-12-2012.zip

Any answer would be highly appreciated! thank you

A:BSOD on "Starting Windows" and "Shutting Down..."

Run this

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

Uninstall Parallels Tools 7.0

From the drivers list Intel Raid StorPort Driver is the oldest driver which dates 2005.

iirsp iirsp Kernel 12/14/2005 5:47:54 AM

update it from here

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx

also your IBM ServeRAID Controller Driver

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {fffff8b0f9e5ab15, 0, fffff88001c6e826, 5}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for prl_boot.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for prl_boot.sys

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : prl_boot.sys ( prl_boot+2826 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be protected by try-except,
it must be protected by a Probe. Typically the address is just plain bad or it
is pointing at freed memory.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff8b0f9e5ab15, memory referenced.
Arg2: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation.
Arg3: fffff88001c6e826, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory
address.
Arg4: 0000000000000005, (reserved)

Debugging Details:
------------------
Could not read faulting driver name

READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800048fc100
GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800048fc1c0
fffff8b0f9e5ab15 Paged pool

FAULTING_IP:
prl_boot+2826
fffff880`01c6e826 833cb000 cmp dword ptr [rax+rsi*4],0

MM_INTERNAL_CODE: 5

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50

PROCESS_NAME: smss.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

TRAP_FRAME: fffff88006b55a30 -- (.trap 0xfffff88006b55a30)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=fffff8a010f95209 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0000000000001200
rdx=0000000168be5cc1 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff88001c6e826 rsp=fffff88006b55bc0 rbp=00000000002617e2
r8=fffff88001c76288 r9=00000000dca12a29 r10=0000000000002a29
r11=fffff8a0018617e2 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na po nc
prl_boot+0x2826:
fffff880`01c6e826 833cb000 cmp dword ptr [rax+rsi*4],0 ds:fffff8a0`10f95209=????????
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff800046738af to fffff800046ccfc0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`06b558c8 fffff800`046738af : 00000000`00000050 fffff8b0`f9e5ab15 00000000`00000000 fffff880`06b55a30 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`06b558d0 fffff800`046cb0ee : 00000000`00000000 fffff8b0`f9e5ab15 fffff800`0464e000 fffff880`01c76201 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x437c1
fffff880`06b55a30 fffff880`01c6e826 : fffff880`01c76201 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff800`046c8810 : nt!KiPageFault+0x16e
fffff880`06b55bc0 fffff880`01c76201 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff800`046c8810 00000000`00000010 : prl_boot+0x2826
fffff880`06b55bc8 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 fffff800`046c8810 00000000`00000010 00000000`002617e2 : prl_boot+0xa201
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FO... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/269794-bsod-starting-windows-shutting-down.html
Relevancy 89.87%

a week ago i began having slow down issues with my computer after updating i soon realized that the antivirus software i was using had updated but was not scanning properly comodo i took the slow down as a sign that my computer may had virus's black up boot "blank" screen upon running a mok in it so i began to pull what files i could safely off since i had not done so for that months work black "blank" screen upon boot up i was able to only use the computer at quot half speed or slower quot in safe mode since booting in anything other than would cause it to stall up and just show my desktop and a frozen taskbar after being able to recover most of my simple picture data i went onto larger video files and soon found that i could not get passed approx the - download before receiving a error code x D my computer issues then began to worsen it got to the present point that upon booting up i would recieve the quot toshiba quot window then a that would blink for a few then resize to a smaller and then blank screen i cannot even trigger the quot safe mode quot boot up menu it seems i have ran a memory diagnostic by hitting the f button or any button it seemed other than f or f which would run through both parts of the test and get to of of and then seem to stall for - min then go blank i have just recently been able to make a disc using a friends toshiba that also runs windows bit like mine and upon the first time putting the disc in i got the quot click any button to boot from disc quot phrase not exact but you guys know the wording i hit space bar and the files loaded and i received the microsoft bar and then a screen asking to choose between the toshiba recovery or a windows system repair i accidentally clicked the wrong key and chose the toshiba recovery which then spat out the disc and requested a different disc that i have no clue was i tried canceling which then brought me back to the toshiba boot screen followed by screen and then blank i have re tried to get the selection screen for the recovery repair but have not been able to every time i have boot from disc it has gone through the files screen then microsoft bar then black screen with cursor at which it responds to mouse movement touchpad but nothing else help

A:black "blank" screen upon boot up

try the following and see if you are able to boot from the CD/DVD again:
Note: backup any files if you are using a RAID controller of any kind.
1. Go into your BIOS and load default settings to clear the CMOS memory (this will reset your RAID configuration resulting in loss of data, so if you have RAID and want to proceed from step 3, that is fine).
2. Save Settings and exit the BIOS.
3. Shut down and turn off the computer.
4. Unplug the computer from the wall or surge protector (then remove the battery if it is a laptop).
5. Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to clear the software connections between the BIOS and hardware and clear any corruption in the temporary memory.
6. (If it is a laptop, plug the battery back into the laptop and then) Plug the computer back into the wall.
7. Turn it on to reinitialize the software connections between the BIOS and hardware.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/207574-black-blank-screen-upon-boot-up.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Hey everyone!

I have a problem that has occurred a few times before, but has happened around 5 times tonight.

I'm browsing around, and all of a sudden my screen will flash "black" or perhaps go blank. All black, nothing there. This lasts one second or less, and then reverts back to normal. No slowdowns as this occurs.

Not sure what, if any info from my system would be helpful in diagnosis, but will provide whatever.

If anyone knows a fix for this or can lend some insight I would be mightily appreciative of your time and effort.

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 89.87%

Hi,

My computer has been running really slow lately and now the computer doesn't turn on. It loads up to the Windows XP screen and then when the "Welcome" screen is meant to come on showing all the user profiles, it just stays black and nothing happens. Then I have to restart. I haven't been able to start it up. Can anyone please help. Once I can get it to load, I will post a HJT log, but for now, I really need some help! Please!

Thanks

Relevancy 89.44%

I got the quot ATI display driver has stopped responding and has recovered from an error quot several times over the last couple of days where my screen would freeze for a couple of second and then start working again and would display that message I thought little of it as it did always seem to work afterwards Last night however it got extremely frequent happening at least once a minute and i decided to try and restart my computer permanently Screen black driver..." after display "ATI several Errors? to see if that would help at all Now when I try to turn the computer on the screen stays black and will not do anything I can hear that the computer trying to work as the fans are going and the power light is on it's just the screen that isn't working How to troubleshoot quot Display driver stopped responding and has recovered quot error in Screen permanently black after several "ATI display driver..." Errors? Windows or Windows Vista I found these guides on how to Screen permanently black after several "ATI display driver..." Errors? fix the error message but at the moment both are no good as I can't even use my computer to fix the problem as the screen won't work I am pretty sure the reason my computer is doing this is because of outdated drivers as I recently did a fresh install of windows and only installed the drivers that came on the CD I was given with my computer I should have downloaded the latest drivers online I am running Windows on a Dell Studio laptop I am unsure of the graphics card at the moment as I can't access the computer but I know that it is an ATI of some sort Thanks in advance

A:Screen permanently black after several "ATI display driver..." Errors?

Does your display power up? can you see something on the display like BIOS post?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/285856-screen-permanently-black-after-several-ati-display-driver-errors.html
Relevancy 89.44%

In Windows XP, fully updated, I have several folders full of mp3's and want to see the bit rate and duration. I right click on a column heading and select "Bit rate". I then click on "More..." so I can get to "Duration", and I select that one too.

But all the figures in the "Duration" column appear to be in "hours" and "minutes", so I see "00:04" or "00:03", but what I want is "minutes" and "seconds".

Any thoughts as to how to change this?

A:Solved: Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes.693037/
Relevancy 88.58%

nbsp I m having a problem where it says quot Display driver stopped working and has recovered quot nbsp I see where several others have posted about this but I m unable to locate a fix here or reply to other similar posts for some strange reason nbsp I have a month old Inspiron laptop runing Windows driver & recovered" Inspiron leaving black screen. stopped "Display has 10. 5559 Win working Home x The problem occurs intermittently nbsp when I go to the tomshardware com forums nbsp It occurs most often with Firefox version but it also happens with IE nbsp It happens usually after I post a note there then click the back arrow a couple of times to go back to the listing of all the posts nbsp Inspiron 5559 "Display driver stopped working & has recovered" leaving black screen. Win 10. According to Device Manager I have version nbsp When I tell it to Inspiron 5559 "Display driver stopped working & has recovered" leaving black screen. Win 10. scan for an updated version it says I already have the most current driver for the Intel HD graphics nbsp Please advise how I can get rid of this problem nbsp Thank Inspiron 5559 "Display driver stopped working & has recovered" leaving black screen. Win 10. you

A:Inspiron 5559 "Display driver stopped working & has recovered" leaving black screen. Win 10.

I have the same issue with Inspiron 7559. But, not just in web browsing. It happens in Word, Peachtree, etc. So, my thoughts are the problem is a Windows 10 display driver issue, which should be fixed by a driver update provided by the manufacturer. I did a system scan on Dell Support Assistant (thy actually are run every week) and my system has the latest drivers, according the DSA. Get on the stick, Dell. Interesting thing is, it doesn't show up in the System Events in the Dell Support Assistant software - not even as an "info" point. It's like Dell is ignoring the Windows error.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19681166
Relevancy 88.15%

I am running Windows XP SP fully updated on an Acer Explorer Column Windows no "Minutes" "Seconds", "Hours" just "Duration" - and lap top PC I have several folders full of mp 's and want to Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" see the bit rate and Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" duration To Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" do this I right click on a column heading and select quot Bit rate quot I then click on quot More quot so I can get to quot Duration quot and I select that one too The two new columns appear but the format of the quot Duration quot column appears to be quot hours minutes quot so I see quot quot or quot quot for most mp 's when what I want to see is 'hours minutes seconds quot e g quot quot This also happens for video files avi files e g all my episodes of quot Heroes quot sad I know have a duration of quot quot instead of quot xx quot Here are two pictures showing the problem with the mp 's The first is of Explorer showing the Duration as quot Hours Minutes quot The second picture is of the properties window of the first mp in the list above I copied some mp files to another old PC on my home network and it displayed the duration field correctly Also the properties window correctly shows the duration also I'm not the only person to have this problem I received a private message from a member of another forum where I posted about this problem several weeks ago That person also has the same problem with the duration field The tech guys on that forum were unable to find the source of the duration field problem But after I had such a great success on this forum with my hard disk problem here I decided to try to get help here Thanks in advance for any suggestions

A:Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

* bump *

Tricky, this one!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes-253928.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Problem Everything was running fine until yesterday when my PC crashed with the BSOD giving me the quot IRQL not less or equal quot error I ignored it and carried on- which resulted in the computer crashing with quot Memory management quot blues whenever I started something that was not the browser It later started crashing on browser start too I first thought it was the temperature - Memtest and GPUtemp said otherwise So I started testing the RAM taking one DIMM out with Memtest - It passed cycles so I shut less Computer not not "Memory equal" management" "IRQL BSOD- and or - starting. the PC down and put the other DIMM in When I turned the PC on again there was no signal sent to my screen and none to my keyboard and the HDD light on the front of the case did not start blinking like usual BSOD- "IRQL not less or equal" and "Memory management" - Computer not starting. The fans were running so I figured something might be wrong with the DIMMs I put in I removed the graphics card and plugged the screen into the motherboard Now the screen gets a signal background lighting starts up and then it shuts down to hibernation again This repeats itself until the machine is shut down manually I got no idea what to do System specs http pastebin com BSOD- "IRQL not less or equal" and "Memory management" - Computer not starting. DQwejZLx I can not post the Minidump folder since the PC can t start and I did not back it up Sorry Thank you for your help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-irql-not-less-or-equal-and-memory-management-computer-not-starting.1090821/
Relevancy 87.29%

Hello,

I'm seeking for help here.
Recently, my computer started having BSOD after the "Windows is starting..." screen. It tells me something with MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION.
I know it's something with my video card driver but I can't figure it out since everytime I update my video card driver my screens either either gets black after boot or I get a BSOD with Machine_Check_Exceptionl so I have to go in Safe Mode to uninstall my driver.
I hope someone can help me.

Regards,
Tike

A:BSOD after "Windows is starting..." with "MCE"

safe mode works fine? install "standard VGA graphical adapter" instead. Just as a test.
open "device manager". right click your display adapter->graphics card->upgrade driver. search on computer. pick from list. "compatible hardware". Now select "standard VGA graphical adapter" instead.

Does it boot succesfully afterwards?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/291749-bsod-after-windows-starting-mce.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi,

I've recently noticed two entries at the top of the Task Manager which have blank "user name" and "description" fields. The first entry is about 1,300K, and the other is 660K.

When I right click on either, I can select "Perform Administrative Task". If I choose to do so, the blank entries disappear, and the "show processes from all users" box is checked.

I wonder if this is a security issue that Spybot, Windows Defender and AVG Free haven't picked up.

Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/task-manager-2-entries-at-the-top-with-blank-username-and-description-fields.770104/
Relevancy 86.43%

Windows XP SP2

Ok, I tried some things in other threads but to no avail. But some threads are having my same problems. First this about:blank crap is always my home page even if I change it, as well as these porn links in my favorites list. I've run scans with 5 different virus/ adware scan programs but it doesn't fix it. However, it got even worse-- I can no longer open things like My Computer, My Documents or even Control Panel to try and uninstall software. When I try to open any folder my computer freezes temp. and I get the following message: "DrWatson Postmortem Debugger has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

PLEASE Somebody help me. I have hijack this, if that helps. AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

A:Solved: I can't open anything "Dr. wtsn error" & I can't remove "blank: about" adware.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-i-cant-open-anything-dr-wtsn-error-i-cant-remove-blank-about-adware.340831/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm using Outlook 2003. I'm designing a new Contacts screen, which better suits the needs of my business.

I have been able to figure out how to everything except for this:

How to I design the "date" and "dollar amount" field values to default to blank/empty instead of defaulting to the word "None" in the case of the "date" field and "$0.00" in the case of the "dollar amount" field?

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-outlook-2003-how-to-get-date-and-fields-to-default-to-blank-empty.651580/
Relevancy 85.57%

Listened to a french music website streaming new music. Afterwards, computer seized, 2 shortcuts added to desktop, default homepage reset. Upon trying to open new IE window, firewall requests to use Internet Explorer as a server. Try to open email, received the captioned DLL error messag.

Tried to shut down and reboot, received same DLL error message when trying to open IE and MS Outlook.

I'm running WindowsME, MS Outlook 2000 SR-1.

How do I go about restoring the computer to 7pm last evening before all these issues?

I'm also curious as to why Norton Antivirus and Zone Alarm did not detect this activity.

Help!

Relevancy 85.57%

Windows XP SP I have two main problems and from some of the other threads I ve viewed they might be related Whenever I try to open quot My Computer quot or quot Control Panel quot etc I get this quot DrWatson Postmortem Debugger has encountered a problem and needs to close We are sorry for about" spyware this HELP! log Hijack "DrWatson" included. "blank: and error the inconvenience quot Then my system freezez up for a while until I CTRL ALT DEL and end quot drwtsn quot manually I think I have some adware My internet hope page keeps reverting to quot blank about quot regardless of what I change it to I am also getting some porn links in my quot favorites quot list and if I delete them they just go back I ve run scans with Norton AdAware SE SpyBot and Nod and I also have SpywareBlaster running I don t know what to do Please help Here s my hijack this scan Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C WINDOWS system javail exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system sysqy exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files "DrWatson" error and "blank: about" spyware HELP! Hijack this log included. Panda Software PavShld pavprsrv exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exe C Documents and Settings Quicksilver Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C WINDOWS reajm dll sp html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page res C WINDOWS reajm dll sp html R - HKLM Software "DrWatson" error and "blank: about" spyware HELP! Hijack this log included. Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL res C WINDOWS reajm dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C WINDOWS reajm dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page res C WINDOWS reajm dll sp html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant res C WINDOWS reajm dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant res C WINDOWS reajm dll sp html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www emachines com R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - no file O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - E A -DE C- E C-EE -ABB D F A E - C WINDOWS ntnj dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Toolbar Suite TB en-us msntb dll O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run winuf exe C WINDOWS system winuf exe O - HKLM Run sysqy exe C WINDOWS system sysqy exe O - HKLM RunOnce javail exe C WINDOWS system javail exe O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - Extra context menu item amp MSN Search - res C Program Files MSN Tool... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drwatson-error-and-blank-about-spyware-help-hijack-this-log-included.341149/
Relevancy 85.57%

Windows XP SP I have two main problems and from some of the other threads I ve viewed they might error Hijack this "blank: HELP! "DrWatson" spyware included. log and about" be related Whenever I try to open quot My Computer quot or quot Control Panel quot etc I get this quot DrWatson Postmortem Debugger has encountered a problem and needs to close We are sorry for the inconvenience quot Then my system freezez up for a while until I CTRL ALT DEL and end quot drwtsn quot manually "DrWatson" error and "blank: about" spyware HELP! Hijack this log included. I think I have some adware My internet hope page keeps reverting to quot about blank quot regardless of what I change it to I am also getting some porn links in my quot favorites quot list and if I delete them they just go back I ve run scans with Norton AdAware SE SpyBot and Nod and I also have SpywareBlaster running I don t know what to do Please help Here s my hijack this scan Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C WINDOWS system javail exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system sysqy exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Panda Software PavShld pavprsrv exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exe C Documents and Settings Quicksilver Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C WINDOWS reajm dll sp html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page res C WINDOWS reajm dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL res C WINDOWS reajm dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C WINDOWS reajm dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page res C WINDOWS reajm dll sp html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant res C WINDOWS reajm dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant res C WINDOWS reajm dll sp html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www emachines com R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - no file O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - E A -DE C- E C-EE -ABB D F A E - C WINDOWS ntnj dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Toolbar Suite TB en-us msntb dll O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run winuf exe C WINDOWS system winuf exe O - HKLM Run sysqy exe C WINDOWS system sysqy exe O - HKLM RunOnce javail exe C WINDOWS system javail exe O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - Extra context menu item amp MSN Search - res C Program Files MSN Toolbar Suite TB en-us msntb dll search htm O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Exc... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drwatson-error-and-blank-about-spyware-help-hijack-this-log-included.341170/
Relevancy 85.57%

I have some irritating hijackers adwares on my computer There are the Home Search Assistent Search Extender Shopping Wizard programs that I cannot delete There is my hijackers taken have Search over Assistent" and "about:blank" "Home computer! also the about blank hijacker that keeps taking over my home page Then I also see this fake warning about quot your computer might be at risk quot and that wants me to download a searchclick cc file or something "Home Search Assistent" and "about:blank" hijackers have taken over my computer! I would appreciate any help Here is my HJT log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT System acs exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT system javaot exe C WINNT System Ati evxx exe C WINNT system CTsvcCDA EXE C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus SavRoam exe C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C WINNT ieac exe C WINNT system ctfmon exe C Program Files D-Link AirPlus G Wireless Adapter Utility AirPlus exe C Program Files palmOne Hotsync exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C HJT HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C WINNT system tehyu dll sp html resultposition net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page res C WINNT system tehyu dll sp html resultposition net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL res C WINNT system tehyu dll sp html resultposition net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C WINNT system tehyu dll sp html resultposition net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page res C WINNT system tehyu dll sp html resultposition net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant res C WINNT system tehyu dll sp html resultposition net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Comcast R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Class - EE B EF-CEA - AD - FDD-ECAA CC C - C WINNT system wingu dll O - BHO no name - F AF- C - - D C- C DD C - no file O - BHO no name - F F-B FA- FEB- E F- AEB D A - no file O - BHO no name - B BCC -E -A AC- B - B AF E F - no file O - Toolbar Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll file missing O - HKLM Run ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exe O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run GWMDMpi C WINNT GWMDMpi exe O - HKLM Run Ink Monitor C Program Files EPSON Ink Monitor InkMonitor exe O - HKLM Run dmjziw c winnt system kxfcxdy exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run javamr exe C WINNT javamr exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp... Read more

A:"Home Search Assistent" and "about:blank" hijackers have taken over my computer!

Hi there and welcome to TSF.

I am currently reviewing your log. Please note that this is under the supervision of an expert analyst, and I will be back with a fix for your problem a.s.a.p

Please be patient with me during this time.

We also suggest that you Subscribe to this thread to be notified of fixes as soon as they are posted by our Team. You can do this simply by clicking the "Thread Tools" button located in the original thread line and selecting "Subscribe to this Thread".

regards
alba

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/home-search-assistent-and-about-blank-hijackers-have-taken-over-my-computer-92333.html
Relevancy 85.57%

i want make a dvd disk for my compaq recovery, but it always shows "this is not a blank disk, please insert a blank dvd?". wut should i do to get a recovery dvd? (i have updated my drive, but nothing useful. i have tested my burner with nero, it works fine.)

A:"compaq Recovery Cd/dvd Creator"!!! why it always shows "this is not a blank disk"?

plz help!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compaq-recovery-cd-dvd-creator-why-it-always-shows-this-is-not-a-blank-disk.316741/
Relevancy 85.57%

Windows XP SP I have two main problems and from some of the other threads I ve viewed they log error spyware included. Hijack "DrWatson" "about:blank" and HELP! this might be related Whenever I try to open quot My Computer quot or quot Control Panel quot etc I get this quot DrWatson Postmortem Debugger has encountered a problem and needs to close We are sorry for the inconvenience quot Then my system freezez up for a "DrWatson" error and "about:blank" spyware HELP! Hijack this log included. while until I CTRL ALT DEL and end quot drwtsn "DrWatson" error and "about:blank" spyware HELP! Hijack this log included. quot manually I think I have some adware My internet hope page keeps reverting to quot about blank quot regardless of what I change it to I am also getting some porn links in my quot "DrWatson" error and "about:blank" spyware HELP! Hijack this log included. favorites quot list and if I delete them they just go back I ve run scans with Norton AdAware SE SpyBot and Nod and I also have SpywareBlaster running I don t know what to do Please help Here s my hijack this scan Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C WINDOWS system javail exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system sysqy exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Panda Software PavShld pavprsrv exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exe C Documents and Settings Quicksilver Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C WINDOWS reajm dll sp html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page res C WINDOWS reajm dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL res C WINDOWS reajm dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C WINDOWS reajm dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page res C WINDOWS reajm dll sp html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant res C WINDOWS reajm dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant res C WINDOWS reajm dll sp html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www emachines com R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - no file O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - E A -DE C- E C-EE -ABB D F A E - C WINDOWS ntnj dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Toolbar Suite TB en-us msntb dll O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run winuf exe C WINDOWS system winuf exe O - HKLM Run sysqy exe C WINDOWS system sysqy exe O - HKLM RunOnce javail exe C WINDOWS system javail exe O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr e... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drwatson-error-and-about-blank-spyware-help-hijack-this-log-included.341194/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi,

I just tried to install the latest iTunes update, but keep getting an error when it tries to access the C:\Program Files\iPod folder.

When I try to access the iPod folder directly through Windows Explorer, I get "Access is denied".

The same happens when logged in with the system administrator account.

When I right-click the folder and choose Properties > Security, the Current owner field shows "Unable to display current owner." And it won't allow either of the listed administrator accounts to take ownership.

When I choose Properties > Security > Advanced > Owner, the Current owner field also shows "Unable to display current owner." And it won't allow me to Edit it either.

I've tried opening the Command Prompt as the administrator, and deleting the folder, but it won't allow me to do that either.

Any ideas on how to forcefully take ownership and/or delete this folder?

A:"Access is denied" - "Unable to display current owner"

Check in the file security tab that there isn't a deny entry for the user group "everybody"

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/201089-access-denied-unable-display-current-owner.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I am running Windows 10 Professional 64 bit. Whenever I set the option "Turn off the display" to "Never", it reverts back to the default "15 minutes". This is under the "High Performance" profile. I have never, since Windows 3.11, ever had a setting change itself back. I have tried to change it and restart. It will either revert upon restart or shortly after. It will revert back even if I do not restart.

A:Power Option for "Turning off display" remains at "15 minutes"

That sounds like my problem - I leave the computer for an hour and it is shut down (I think sleep mode). I just need to hit the power button and it comes on to where it was when I left - but 2 of my USB devices are lost so I have to restart the computer anyway.

I changed all the power settings to NEVER. But his doesn't seem to make any difference......

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/33921-power-option-turning-off-display-remains-15-minutes.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Did you ever find a solution to your problem lupusman? I'm having the same problem.

A:DHCP client "starting", never "started"

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Note: You will need to post complete details of your configuration and your specific issue in this new thread for us to help you.

Thanks for your cooperation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dhcp-client-starting-never-started.639454/
Relevancy 82.56%

So after I have prepared the notebook for a user, I normally take a 'windows' image, (backup) before I SOPHOS encrypt. (as I have had this happen before). Since Windows did not load up on this notebook, I have applied the image twice after the notebook fails
to load windows, the third time,  I completely reformatted the drive (erased) and applied the image again. The notebook was working just fine before I applied SOPHOS and run fine before I apply SOPHOS.

Any ideas??

Christopher Espinoza MCDST(XP), MCITP(Win7)

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a3b9f147-337b-4b32-aa5c-b9cb07404d1e/windows-7-hangs-at-quotstarting-windowsquot-but-i-hear-the-sound-that-windows-loaded-after-i?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 82.56%

My computer illiterate uncle s computer is acting odd Well at least the display properties is Every time he tries to apply or even press ok the display properties window "OK" Properties pressing when "Apply" and/or Display freezing freezes no matter which tab he goes and what he changes The computer itself does not freeze and every thing else is perfectly able to run without any harm when the display properties window is frozen What I noticed and he didn t was that after a certain amount of Display Properties freezing when pressing "Apply" and/or "OK" minutes around or minutes the display properties becomes unfrozen and you are able to fully operate the window without any hassle When I end tasked the display properties it said that Rundll has ended or whatever the usual thing it says What I found odd is that when he would change his resolution the background would practically cut in half One part usually the top would stay the normal background picture and the other half of the picture would turn black I ve never really encountered this problem before For extra info he s using Windows XP Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-properties-freezing-when-pressing-apply-and-or-ok.858521/
Relevancy 82.56%

My notebook is set to the recommended screen resolution, under display settings that allows you to change the text size indepdenent of the screen resolution, I was expecting to see 3 radio buttons (as per the windows 7 tutorial) but I can see only "Small" and "medium". I haven't played around with different screen resolutions to see if it has any effect.

I wonder if it needs some driver update or related to my screen resolution or whatever? Thanks.

A:display settings only shows "Small" & "Medium"

I really don't know, but the Nvidia driver automatically makes some adjustments, depending on what it is installed on. I suspect that they feel no one would want the large text on a small display.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/51107-display-settings-only-shows-small-medium.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I accidently posted this in "Vista" so I'm reposting it here as the operating system I have is XP Professional.

I'm having a problem with "Display" in the Control Panel. Yesterday I visited a website and opened a file. After I did that, my wallpaper changed and it appeared to be whatever the website was. I was able to somehow get it off (don't ask me what I did, I couldn't tell you). Now, when I click on "Display" in the Control Panel and go to "Desk Top", the only thing that I can change is the color and I can also click on "Customize Desktop", but I cannot change the background or click on "browse...". Can you help?

Relevancy 82.13%

So my computer was left on over night and I wake up and turn on the monitor and the computer was frozen. I re-started it everything is fine. I go on facebook check my email, then it just restarts on me without warning. It gets stuck at the starting windows screen for about 3-5mins then blue screens with a whole screen full of words that shows for about a half a millisecond (I can't read it, but i saw the word memory on there once). After the blue screen, it restarts itself and will do this endless amount of times.

I can't acess safe mode(I don't believe), and i have tried using my 8gig ram, then 6, then 4, then two and then none. If I use none the computer wont start up at all. I can enter BIOS if thats helpful. Please help if you can.

Thanks for your time in advance,
Tyler.

A:Computer crashes and fails to start up at "Starting Windows" screen...

I would Check the hard drive with the manufacturer's diagnostic tools.
Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.
HD Diagnostic

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/186158-computer-crashes-fails-start-up-starting-windows-screen.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Computer info Toshiba Satellite L D-S Processor AMD Turion II Dual-Core Mobile M GHz RAM GB System Type -bit Operating System Windows Professional Service Pack My problems began probably a year ago Started having BSOD s regularly with startup issues Nothing I tried fixed anything Had it in a shop where the first time I was told he shutdown, etc "Starting random stuck at BSOD, screen, Windows" quot fixed some things quot and seemed to be working for about a week and a half when it went back to BSOD, random shutdown, stuck at "Starting Windows" screen, etc BSOD s and startup problems getting stuck at the quot starting Windows quot screen etc Took it back to shop where they wiped it and replaced Windows Within a few weeks I was back to the same issues At this point I actually just put the thing away and solely used my husbands computer Last week after not touching my laptop for several months I had to use it due to a major accident with my husbands The thing worked perfectly for days PERFECTLY Then it started randomly shutting down with no rhyme or reason After a couple of times doing that it started getting stuck at the quot starting Windows quot screen and wanting to run Startup Repair With Startup Repair I get Startup Repair cannot fix problems with this info Problem Event Name StartupRepairOffline Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature unknown Problem Signature Problem Signature AutoFailover Problem Signature Problem Signature NoRootCause OS Version Locale Id From the Startup Repair Diagnosis and repair details The only problem listed is Root Cause Found Unspecified changes to system configuration might have caused the problem Repair Action System Restore Result Failed Error Code x f Time Taken ms Repair Action System files integrity check and repair Result Failed Error Code x Time Taken ms I d be so grateful for any assistance that can be provided Please be aware that although I am not a complete novice about fixing or exploring problem issues I am certainly not a tech and have no education either formal or casual I can follow clear directions well and report my results accurately I would sincerely appreciate any help I really cannot spend anymore with a tech when my issues are not resolved by doing so and I NEED the computer My husband owns his own business and I work a small side business from home I have no idea where to even start at this point Thanks so much nbsp

Relevancy 82.13%

I have recently been having this problem with my Compaq Presario Cq laptop It used to be working fine for years and this problem suddenly came up a few weeks ago Whenever I turn on my computer it would seem to load but then when it frayed the starting windows Computer Windows", mode no at safe restore "Starting or not does load screen nothing else happens The screen remains black with just those words An indication that windows would load was I the animation of the orbs coming together to make the windows logo appeared I have tried loading in safe mode but it would always hang on Class pyp or ssomething like that I tried system restore but it would only show the green loading bar and then the screen would black and nothing happens It seems the only way to have a chance of my computer booting is to do Primary Hard disk tests from the bios or System self diagnosis scans then try to load system restore while the windows disk Computer does not load at "Starting Windows", no safe mode or restore is in the drive but it's annoying to have to wait up to an Computer does not load at "Starting Windows", no safe mode or restore hour or more to see if my computer might work I have tried some disk Computer does not load at "Starting Windows", no safe mode or restore scans from the command prompt as well as a sfc scanthat seed to have fixed the problem but then it would happen again I have also tried reformatting and reinstalling windows and that would work for a while but then it's back to square one Of some one could helpe with this it would be very much appreciated

A:Computer does not load at "Starting Windows", no safe mode or restore

Some hardware tests to run.

Graphics card:
Video Card Stress Test with Furmark Hard drive(s):
Pick one for your HDD brand or use Seatools.
7 Free Hard Drive Testing Software ToolsRAM (memory):
This will require memtest on a bootable CD or USB stick.
RAM - Test with Memtest86+

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/285034-computer-does-not-load-starting-windows-no-safe-mode-restore.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi guys So i tried installing windows Home Premium using an empty HDD The to 7 get after windows" Vista to Unable upgrade past "Starting screen old OS was Vista and it was located in the same HDD I managed to install Windows successfully but when booting after the install it crashed right after the quot starting windows quot screen It then Unable to get past "Starting windows" screen after Vista to 7 upgrade gives me the choise between starting the startup repair tool or to start windows normally When i run the startup repair tool Unable to get past "Starting windows" screen after Vista to 7 upgrade it can not fix the problem I've tried different HDD but the problem still persists The fact that I haven't got a clue what to do really annoys me In addition it isn't even my own pc My dad's vista started failing on him So I figured Hey why not install windows using my old disk from a pc I don't use anymore I appreciate all help Specs MB ASUS P N-D Unable to get past "Starting windows" screen after Vista to 7 upgrade CPU Intel Core Quad Q GHz GPU XFX GeForce GTX HDD Samsung Spinpoint T GB SATA RAM Corsair Twin X DDR Mb Mb PSU Corsair W

A:Unable to get past "Starting windows" screen after Vista to 7 upgrade

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip22

Did you (as is recommended) delete the existing Vista partition first?

It was seperated in two parts. One with Vista in, and one for other files. I cleaned the whole thing, and deleted the part where Vista was located. I think it was seperated into one part with 208 Gigs and one with 25 gigs. The smallest with the OS in. The HDD works on my own computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-get-past-starting-windows-screen-after-vista-to-7-upgrade-549280.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I'm doing a clean format to Compaq presario c700. It restarts after the "starting windows" appeared while installing windows 7 ultimate. before restarting a black screen and a mouse cursor appears briefly and it will restart...

What will I do to resolve my problem??? and the laptop has no OS, when I boot it normally " ntldr is missing " shows...

hope you'll help me... Thanks in advance...

A:Compaq presario c700 restarts after the "starting windows" appeared

Try a full clean & full format in command prompt.
SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/166781-compaq-presario-c700-restarts-after-starting-windows-appeared.html
Relevancy 82.13%

i have a dell xps 400 that i needed to format i got it off a friend and i have a windows service pack 3 disk and when i boot the cd up i get to the screen that shows all the drivers being installed and when it gets to "setup is starting
windows" i get this blue screen error.......

***stop: 0x0000007b (0XF7CAF524, 0XC0000034, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

any help would bve much appreciated i am hopeing to get this pc running

A:[SOLVED] "Setup is starting windows" blue screen error

Is this a SATA drive or a EIDE? If it is a SATA drive you may need to enable SATA in the Bios.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-setup-is-starting-windows-blue-screen-error-404086.html
Relevancy 82.13%

My Windows start-up is pretty decent after I log-in to my user account What s taking too long is the quot Windows Is Starting Up quot screen It takes about mins or so Up" Starting Load To Too Is Takes Screen Solved: Long "Windows before the log-in screen shows up Anyway here s what happened prior to this event My Windows XP OS has just been repaired due to a stop error Solved: "Windows Is Starting Up" Screen Takes Too Long To Load One of my RAM Solved: "Windows Is Starting Up" Screen Takes Too Long To Load cards I have two installed previously has also been removed because the technician deemed that it was the cause of the stop error Now my question is is it the cause of the slow down I mean having a smaller RAM I m thinking that it could be the cause but I m having second thoughts because I only had RAM card installed way back but the stalling of the quot Windows is starting up quot screen never happened I ve Solved: "Windows Is Starting Up" Screen Takes Too Long To Load had a slow running PC yes but I never had to wait that long for the quot log-in quot screen to show up seconds tops I only have GB free space now which is small but I ve had a smaller free space GB before but then again the stalling I mentioned has never happened until now Any solution to this problem nbsp

Relevancy 82.13%

My machine was working fine I had been on it for a couple hours just doing regular internet browsing I tried to open a program EverQuest and it would open then immediately crash quot EverQuest has encountered an error quot So I figured reboot the machine After the POST to matter "Starting Windows" what past load method Unable no it tells me to either launch start up repair or start normally I chose start normally It would Unable to load past "Starting Windows" no matter what method go to the quot starting windows quot screen and the logo will not show up it just stays there Powered down and after the POST got the same options again I picked start up repair this time It would load the bar and show quot loading windows files quot or whatnot and when the bar would get completely full Unable to load past "Starting Windows" no matter what method it would freeze there My computer doesnt have a CD DVD drive I installed Windows from USB So I plugged the USB drive back into the computer and tried booting from that It would go thru the quot loading windows files quot just fine I can see the drive flashing as its being accessed When the bar filled up it would progress to quot Starting Windows quot screen and stop blinking and just sit there doing nothing Tried using Safe Mode Wouldn't load either I have not a clue what I should be looking for to even start getting it working again The only physical change I've made to the system was plugging in another monitor to my graphic card And even then I've shut down and rebooted and it's been just fine Any help advice or a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated

A:Unable to load past "Starting Windows" no matter what method

Check your ram.
Memory Diagnostics Tool
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Check the hard drive with the manufacturer's diagnostic tools.
Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.
HD Diagnostic

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/190761-unable-load-past-starting-windows-no-matter-what-method.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi guys I'm really Windows" stalling is driver? Nvidia boot at "Starting screen in desperate need of more heads to work on this I know this is a long post but it's basically info you're gonna need anyways Please i need the help - If you don't feel like reading Just skim over the underlined titles I have been trying all sorts of things since this problem Nvidia driver? is stalling boot at "Starting Windows" screen started yesterday And my head feels like it's splitting from all this trial and error and continuously not working I'd consider myself a fairly experienced user and I've figured out some things already just not enought to fix so it should not be too hard helping me - i just hope any of you have any thoughts on this problem I will do Nvidia driver? is stalling boot at "Starting Windows" screen my best to explain every important detail as well as possible My specs Acer Aspire G Windows ultimate -bit Intel core Duo processor T GHz gb ram Laptop - Connected to Samsung Monitor might might not have something to do with it So the story goes Yesterday afternoon i installed the game quot Borderlands quot Everything went smooth and started playing it Without problems i started singleplayer and watched the first cutscenes HOWEVER right after as i could interact gamewise it just froze and stuttered really really badly That went on for mins or so while i could not do anything to stop it Before i did a hard shutdown myself the computer just restarted The actual problem I get stuck on the quot Starting windows quot logo screen to expand on this the logo moves as normally for a while but then it stops Nothing more happens If i wait for a while the computer ends up restarting itself SO There are two things I've been able to do which are - Safe mode - Start with last working config Not correctly written but you know what i mean I have not been able to get much use out of safe mode but now you know that's an option quot Last working configuration quot - As i could boot into windows with this option I expected the computer to work afterwards right But no at restart it does the same thing all over again Observations - When i get into windows through quot last working config quot it automatically starts installing quot Video controller vga compatible quot and afterwards installs quot Nvidia Geforce M GS quot - Problem still persists afterwards - When i go into my display options resolution Display Device is quot Default Monitor on quot - If i stop the automatic installation of quot Nvidia Geforce M GS quot or just uninstall it and restart afterwards i can boot normally into the computer - If i re-install the latest drivers for the Geforce card - guess what It's stuck on quot starting windows quot again sigh - I have been trying to update my quot intel chipset PM quot driver because it seems to be malfunctioning but the latest version of the driver is telling me quot this system does not meet the requirements quot My brain is honestly falling apart from working on this problem for i dont know how many hours straight So im sure i have left out some things for now but im sure this is sufficient information to describe my problem for you guys I will expand info if possible as necessary

A:Nvidia driver? is stalling boot at "Starting Windows" screen

The first simple thing you can do is take out your graphics card and check for any signs of damage,
I have blown a 6200 and a 8400 before trying to play games not compatible with them. Signs to look for a black marks and such, also check to see if the fan spins when the computer starts up. Try moving your video cable to the onboard graphics, system should work and if it does you need a new graphics card, dont feel bad, your not a gamer till you blow a nividia card

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/215573-nvidia-driver-stalling-boot-starting-windows-screen.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi guys I m really in desperate need of more heads to work on this I know this is a long post but it s basically info you re gonna need anyways Please i need the help - If you don t feel like reading Just skim over the underlined titles I have been trying all sorts of things since this problem started yesterday And my head feels like it s splitting "Starting driver? Windows" is screen boot stalling at Nvidia from all this trial and error and continuously not working I d consider myself a fairly experienced user and I ve figured out some things Nvidia driver? is stalling boot at "Starting Windows" screen already just not enought to fix so it should not be too hard helping me - i just hope any of you have any thoughts on this problem I will do my best to explain every important detail as well as possible My specs Windows ultimate -bit Intel core Duo processor T GHz gb ram Laptop - Connected to Samsung Monitor might might not have something to do with it So the story goes Yesterday afternoon i installed the game quot Borderlands quot Everything Nvidia driver? is stalling boot at "Starting Windows" screen went smooth and started playing it Without problems i started singleplayer and watched the first cutscenes HOWEVER right after as i could interact gamewise it just froze and stuttered really really badly That went on for mins or so while i could not do anything to stop it Before i did a hard shutdown myself the computer just restarted The actual problem I get stuck on the quot Starting windows quot logo screen to expand on this the logo moves as normally for a while but then it stops Nothing more happens If i wait for a while the computer ends up restarting itself SO There are two things I ve been able to do which are - Safe mode - Start with last working config Not correctly written but you know what i mean I have not been able to get much use out of safe mode but now you know that s an option quot Last working configuration quot - As i could boot into windows with this option I expected the computer to work afterwards right But no at restart it does the same thing all over again nbsp

Relevancy 82.13%

I was trying to save some files in restoring windows 7; now i can't boot my computer; 1st screen : windows resuming., then setup is starting services.... , "stuck" ; acer aspire 5742 Windows 7 64bit Home Premium; What can i do? now; F8;F2; F12; Ctr+Alt+Del; nothing runs all night ; have a recovery disk made with drivers & applications made by me

A:resuming Windows ... Setup is starting services..."stuck" Aspire5742

Quote:
have a recovery disk made with drivers & applications made by me

Did you you make the Recovery disc?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/275425-resuming-windows-setup-starting-services-stuck-aspire5742.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Last night, I attempted to install a linux distro alongside 7, the installation failed, so I gave up and just rebooted to 7.

It got stuck on the "Starting Windows" screen, so I preformed hard shutdown and when to the "Startup Repair" utility and it attempted repairs, it then said that the repairs were unsuccessful, so I restarted and windows loaded to the desktop. Success! or so I thought...

After a while, I shut my laptop down and went to bed (as you do). When I needed to use it this morning, it wouldn't load past the "Starting Windows" screen again, so I shut it down and restarted and it went the desktop.

A:Occasionally wont load past "Starting Windows" screen

Hi,

Can you access the Advanced boot options?

Advanced Boot Options
Choose Last known Good Configuration

Tip
Use the up-arrow and down-arrow keys to move the menu’s highlight to Last Known Good Configuration (Advanced), and then press Enter as the mouse won’t work at this screen.

Your computer should load successfully, and Windows 7 will discard the bad configuration and return permanently to the last known good configuration.

Alternatively:

Are you able to restore back to a point to before you tried to install linux distro?

System Restore

Cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/288100-occasionally-wont-load-past-starting-windows-screen.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi all, I am trying to reinstall Windows 7 on my notebook (Acer Aspire 5742-7645) from the DVD. I get as far as this screen: http://www.buildeasypc.com/pics/wind...windows7_3.jpg
When I click "Install now," the screen says "Setup is starting..." and then never moves on. I have gone into BIOS and set the boot order to DVD first. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Acer Aspire - Windows 7 reinstallation stuck on "Setup is starting"

Here are some good answers and some common things to check:
http//answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_install/windows-7-install-is-stuck-at-setup-is-starting/1b429a4f-b81c-419a-9780-308c743e1129

Let us know the results of these checks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/314505-acer-aspire-windows-7-reinstallation-stuck-setup-starting.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I have an old PC Specs in the Computer specs next to my username It was working fine for a few days but now it gets stuck in a boot loop Safe Mode options don t work repair windows doesn t work either and rather then trying to fix it I decided it needed a format after not using it for about a year I ve burnt Win onto a Disc and onto a USB using the Windows USB DVD Download Tool Configured my BIOS to boot from both which it does however right after the quot Windows is Stuck Solved: - Issues "Starting Win7/8 at Windows" Formatting loading files quot it moves on to quot Starting windows quot and stays on there the WIndows logo doesn t show either Can t figure out why I ve fallen asleep for about an hour waiting for it and from past experiences it usually doesn t take that long My current computer uses Win so I thought I d give that a shot via USB and DVD and same issue It shows the Windows Logo however the Loading circle just continues to spin I ve been stuck there for about an hour now I had a look inside the computer while it was running everything seems to be connected right hasn t been touched so before this post I unplugged everything gave it a nice clean just a cloth not wet and placed every thing back in ALSO what s the difference between these options USB - FDD USB - ZIP USB-CDROM USB-HDD nbsp

Relevancy 82.13%

When I boot my computer Windows freezes at is no options! "Windows Bad cards? with memory starting..." freezes the quot Windows is starting quot screen but I can still move the mouse This just began today It does this same thing when I boot in the last good config and safe mode So basically Windows won t get "Windows is starting..." freezes with no options! Bad memory cards? past this screen no matter what mode I use Also I can t reinstall XP because I get a technical error blue screen that says I may not have adequate disk space a driver may need to be disabled or I may need to change the video adapter whenever I try to boot from the install CD The message also says quot pci sys quot I ve had this computer for years with no problems The only thing I can think of is that I was downloading a movie when I accidently turned off the computer at its power source earlier today So the computer was turned off abruptly at its power source and has NOT gotten past the quot Windows is starting quot screen since Could this have ruined both of my memory cards I m a beginner at the technical stuff on computers so help is definitely needed and appreciated A step by step is preferred Specs Dell Deminsion Intel Dual Mem cards gig XP Media edition sp nbsp

A:"Windows is starting..." freezes with no options! Bad memory cards?

Could it be that I accidently burnt out the memory. Is that even possible?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-is-starting-freezes-with-no-options-bad-memory-cards.566363/
Relevancy 82.13%

For some reason, when I start my computer, instead of loading Windows XP automatically, the screen stops and makes me choose which version of Windows to load. It gives me two options, and both of them say the same thing..."Windows XP Home Edition." I checked the hard drive and there is only one partition. Also, only one option will actually load Windows. The other option says something like "failed to load Windows XP" or something like that. My question is, is there a way to delete the option that doesn't work so Windows will load automatically?

A:Two "Windows XP Home Edition" Show When Starting Computer

Yes there is a way to delete the file.

You need to find the boot.ini file and make a backup of it in 'My Documents'. Then open the file with notepad and delete the line which needs to be deleted (the dodgy one) and save it. Boot your computer and check if its gone.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/two-windows-xp-home-edition-show-when-starting-computer-126929.html
Relevancy 82.13%

OS Windows Ultimate As the topic implies my system occasionally hangs at quot Starting Windows quot Specifically it hangs just before the Microsoft graphic plays If I see the graphic I know I'm good to go Once I get past quot starting windows quot I have yet to see any issue with the system with respect to lockup or freezes The only way I can get the system to boot when hangs occasionally up System boot Windows" "Starting at it does hang is to hit the reset button and then select System boot up occasionally hangs at "Starting Windows" quot Start Windows Normally quot The system then loads up with no issues or at least none observed thus far Background System boot up occasionally hangs at "Starting Windows" This is a new PC that I built I've noticed this issue from the very beginning and have made multiple re-installs of the OS after completely formatting the hard drive each time I've seen multiple reports of people having issues getting stuck at quot starting windows quot but none seem System boot up occasionally hangs at "Starting Windows" to have the same issue I have where it only happens from time to time Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions Thanks in advance for your help

A:System boot up occasionally hangs at "Starting Windows"

Hello Kaybek, welcome to SF!

It sounds like an issue with either the system disk, its MBR or timing....or, long shot, temperature.

Sometimes, on a (literally) cold boot, things take longer. Upon re-booting, it works...
Check your BIOS to see if you can give your System disk some more time to start up. Assuming you have the system on your SSD, make sure you have the specific SSD setting right too. Lots of info on that on this forum. see the tutorials and search for SSD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/184057-system-boot-up-occasionally-hangs-starting-windows.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi,

I've been getting a few BSODs recently with the error "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA", and I have also noticed that when I start my computer, nothing shows up until the login screen shows so I can't boot in safe mode. I don't know what to do-please help!

-Rixterz

A:Frequent BSOD and missing "Starting Windows" screen

Additional information is required.

1. Download the DM Log Collector application to your desktop by clicking the link below

DM Log Collector.exe

2. Run it by double-clicking the icon on your desktop, and follow the prompts.
3. Locate the .ZIP file created on your desktop, and upload it here in your next reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/328671-frequent-bsod-missing-starting-windows-screen.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hey everyone Yesterday my install of reinstall problems and starting" is Windows stalling at 7 "Setup other Windows started having issues The system would periodically BSOD after the Windows startup Windows 7 reinstall stalling at "Setup is starting" and other problems logo appeared I've tried every type of safe mode last known good config and startup repair but to no avail I had a Windows install disk from my desktop OEM from when I built it and decided to try starting it from that However while I can get to the install page which has the install button as well as the repair option when I click on either one nothing happens When I click on the Repair button it goes to a blank blue wallpaper the standard win wallpaper and sits there doing nothing for about minutes before I just shut it off Then I tried the standard install option but it hangs on the quot Setup is starting quot dialog and just sits with the loading cursor Other info I cannot get into the desktop so anything that requires that will be no good I have tried Seatools to see if it's an HDD issue but it would not open properly even though I burned the iso correctly Both installs are x so the disk should work Thanks for any ideas

A:Windows 7 reinstall stalling at "Setup is starting" and other problems

You can try these steps for when Windows 7 fails to boot

Or you can skip to Clean Reinstall Windows 7 Factory OEM - same steps with your BUilder's OEM key.

If it continues to stall at boot, try another ISO from the tutorial just above, burned with tool given to DVD, or written to flash stick if that fails. This will tell us if it is the installer.

If not try resetting the BIOS to defaults: Clear CMOS - 3 Ways to Clear the CMOS - Reset BIOS

You may also need to wipe the HD with Diskpart Clean Command accessing DISKPART At PC Startup

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/218852-windows-7-reinstall-stalling-setup-starting-other-problems.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I found this forum by searching for my problem and someone made a post here seven months ago with the exact same problem but the thread has been deleted quot Hi all this is my first post here and I really need help Im installing Win XP Pro SP on a HP Pavilion zv laptop Everything runs fine until I start installing windows xp The cd boots and the quot Setup is loading files quot goes through but then stalls at quot Setup is starting windows quot Waited for hours just in case and still the same results From what I can gather this points to a hardware problem I have tried different ram 6000 Windows" "Setup is ZV freezes at hangs Starting HP modules and removed the battery but HP ZV 6000 freezes hangs at "Setup is Starting Windows" all to no avail Could this be a processor or motherboard problem quot I did everything the person above me did and then I took the hard drive out reformatted it and tried installing XP SP Windows Home and the recovery cd supplied by HP Every time it is gets to quot Setup is Starting Windows quot it freezes I know the hard drive is working since I tested it in another computer The reason I needed to reload XP is the notebook would load and get to the Windows XP loading screen and then freeze It wouldn t boot in safe mode either Any ideas Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 82.13%

So I just put together my new system and after a few days of messing with settings in the BIOS trying to get windows to install properly I figured its time to 2ND Hangs Windows" "Starting New Install Build, reboot make a thread System Intel i GA-X UD R x gb Patriot Viper DDR only using gb for install x gb brand new VelociRaptor x gb years old Raptor x gb New Build, Install Hangs "Starting Windows" 2ND reboot years old caviar x tb brand new caviar Geforce GTX optical drives i've tried installing on all with no success I had vista on it fine from the old raptor but i decided I'll upgrade to win put the OS on the old raptor and programs games on the new raptor in partitions Everything installs fine after disabling the floppy in the BIOS but when I get to quot Starting Windows quot on the nd reboot after completing installation is finished it just hangs The little dots all come together to make the windows logo it waves around once or twice then just stops I've left it running overnight and it doesn't budge - trust me its frozen If I boot it in safe mode it freezes at classpnp sys and after a few minutes tells me that setup is not yet complete and that I have to restart Things I've tried I'm using only gb of memory I've tried to install on both the raptor and velociraptor to test if something was wrong with the drive s disabled floppy in BIOS set hdd S M A R T compatibility to enabled set hdd mode to AHCI set all bit controllers to bit probably not necessary but i didn't think it could hurt lol copying the disk and reburning at x the slowest i can on quality verbatim media switching out various sticks of memory to ensure it wasn't a bad stick Updated BIOS ran setup from different optical drives two sata one ide searching google Possible signs of error during install I've encountered when the actual install beings it skips quot copying files quot and goes right to quot expanding files quot then hangs for about minutes before showing any progress out of the or so installs stopped prematurely saying that windows cannot install on the selected partition safe mode hangs on CLASSPNP sys for a good minutes before telling me i need to complete installation in normal mode Repair mode shows windows in the D drive why not C When I go into Startup Repair it gives me the following error that cannot be fixed automatically Quote Problem Event Name StartupRapairOffline Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature unknown Problem Signature Problem Signature ExternalMedia Problem Signature Problem Signature FailureDuringSetup OS Version Locale ID I'm just about desperate enough to buy an old PS keyboard and disable the usb keyboard mouse functionality Please help

A:New Build, Install Hangs "Starting Windows" 2ND reboot

One of the first things you might try is remove any unnecessary devices. Three optical drives might qualify for that requirement.

You might also remove the extra drives to get your system down to the basics.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/77498-new-build-install-hangs-starting-windows-2nd-reboot.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello friends,I was installing win8 at my desktop pc.Suddenly power cut occured and it caused the compute to shut down.Then when I restarted my pc again a messege appeared saying that the installation has been corrupted and it can't be continued and it doesn't log on.After that when I tried to re-install win8 the setup got stuck at the "setup is starting" window.I waited overnight for it to go and the installation to start.But it doesn't happen.I have tried to re-install several times but the same problen happens again and again.So neither I can log into my computer now nor I can re-install windows.I don't know what to do.Friends please help me!

A:Windows 8 installation stucks at"setup is starting" window

So when you started to do a fresh install, you allowed the Win setup to do the format etc, when at setup stage, did you try delete and then recreate the partition?

Try Brink's Tutorial on Clean Install - Windows 8

Hopefully this will help you. A power surge and then sudden issues with hard drives is never a great sign.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/42468-windows-8-installation-stucks-setup-starting-window.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I didn't think the list of errors I got would fit the title I also figure that posting a log isn't possible because I can't properly boot into windows Anyways a after receive 0x Windows" "Starting STOP: screen, BSOD bit of backstory For the past few days my PC has been behaving oddly It would take much longer than usual to begin booting usually - seconds for the first screen to appear At times my PC would refuse to recognize any GPU but my onboard one BSOD after "Starting Windows" screen, receive STOP: 0x which BSOD after "Starting Windows" screen, receive STOP: 0x could BSOD after "Starting Windows" screen, receive STOP: 0x only be repaired by resetting to my Fail-Safe Defaults in BIOS When booting I would sometimes receive attempts by my PC to run a disk check on my HDD but would receive an error concerning software stopping it and it persisted even with antivirus off I intended to do a system restore but failures with it working in the past lead me to put it off And yesterday everything booted up fine miraculously no long boot-up my GPU being detected no disk check So I naively believed that my problems had been resolved Then this morning the same things begin happening again Long boot up only my onboard card being detected etc When I attempted to perform the same fix as before via BIOS I was instead met with a BSOD after the first Windows splash screen the black one not the all blue one Here are the errors as I wrote them down STOP x xfffffa d a xffffffffc x Nothing appeared after this and I'm sort of at a loss for the meaning Will running a system repair fix this

A:BSOD after "Starting Windows" screen, receive STOP: 0x

This is all i can really gather from what you have written can you please attach some dump files.

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

Code:
0x0000000000190494

Bug Check 0x24: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM - This indicates a problem occurred in ntfs.sys , the driver file that allows the system to read and write to NTFS drives.

Run Chkdsk /f /r in Command Prompt to detect and resolve any file system structural corruption. You must restart the system before the disk scan begins on a system partition.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/336265-bsod-after-starting-windows-screen-receive-stop-0x.html
Relevancy 82.13%

i have a dell xps 400 that i needed to format i got it off a friend and i have a windows service pack 3 disk and when i boot the cd up i get to the screen that shows all the drivers being installed and when it gets to "setup is starting
windows" i get this blue screen error.......

***stop: 0x0000007b (0XF7CAF524, 0XC0000034, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

any help would bve much appreciated i am hopeing to get this pc running

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setup-is-starting-windows-blue-screen-error.851747/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello everyone I have an HP Pavilion DV - c ef running on Windows bit my problem is that everytime I try to boot it it's stucks at quot Starting Windows quot for some minutes and then a blue screen appear after than it's restart itself I did a BIOS Rollback hoping that will fix things but nothing and now I'm worry if the Rollback can make my situation worst it could be my PC was so overheating so I did a hardware checks and it's says there's a failure on the HDD so I think the only solution is to buy a new one if so do I need to buy a new Windwos too I do have the key for the current one an other question about the rollback of the BIOS it could cause some problems when I instal the new HDD Many thanks for your times and sorry Windows windwos" when 7 I to try my stuck boot Laptop at "Starting for my English as it's not my native language In hope to read some answers from you

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/379746-windows-7-stuck-starting-windwos-when-i-try-boot-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi
Is there a way to search for temporary document (excel, word, etc) files in windows explorer?

The files usually start with ~$ (tilde dollar).
Search does not seem to recognise ~$ as they are usually system characters
Note: I do not want to locate temporary internet or mail files stored in the temporary folder, only the temp files created when you open documents, but they are not deleted when you close the documents. They consume space.

I also do not need to know how to display hidden files, but need to search for them.

Thanks
Dean

A:Search for temporary files starting with "~$" in Windows explorer

Have you looked here? ---> under "User -> Username -> Local Settings -> Temporary Files"
Are you using a USB device?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/315423-search-temporary-files-starting-windows-explorer.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello Last night I turned off my computer normally Windows" in "Starting CD - installation/repair Even Stuck in logo The only thing different was that it installed some updates before turning off This morning when I turned it on I noticed that it got stuck on the quot Starting Windows quot logo screen I turned it off forcing it and turned it on again and asked me if Stuck in "Starting Windows" logo - Even in installation/repair CD I wanted to start normally or repair When I clicked repair it got stuck on the loading bar thing At first the f button Stuck in "Starting Windows" logo - Even in installation/repair CD wouldn't work but after a few tries it did and I can't get in safe mode either it gets stuck I gave up and since the computer is pretty much new so I don't have much installed on it I decided to just reformat it but even in the disk it gets stuck I downloaded a repair disc and it is stuck in the loading bar with the Microsoft Corportation below EDIT So I noticed when opening it up that the mobo has a red light located in the front panel header thing next to it it says LED R I'm not completely sure what it means but with my luck it probably died on me Should i post this in the mobo's section It was probably the updates so if I could somehow get it to unistall last night's updates and maybe preventing it from updating again since I'm freaked out it will get fixed maybe The question is how System specs System Manufacturer Model Number Built it myself OS Windows CPU intel quad core ghz Motherboard xfx i sli nforce Memory gb corsair gaming memory Graphics Card s pny nvidia geforce gts Sound Card on board sound Monitor s Displays vizio plasma tv Hard Drive gb WD HDD PSU watt Corsair Case CM Cooling Thermaltake V Thanx in advance

A:Stuck in "Starting Windows" logo - Even in installation/repair CD

Lot's of issues with this mobo: http://www.google.com/search?q=LED1+...ient=firefox-a

Go into the BIOS and reset the board to default values.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/stuck-in-starting-windows-logo-even-in-installation-repair-cd-489239.html
Relevancy 82.13%

There are quite a few problems with my system right now.
I'm unable to run windows normally thanks to the "BOOTMGR is missing" error.
When I try to reinstall Windows 7, it hangs on the "Setup is starting..." screen.
When I open the cmd.exe using SHIFT+F10, I am able to access all of my drives, except for the D: drive. When I attempt to execute any command on that drive, it does absolutely nothing except give me a blinking cursor on the next line. I've let it sit there for about an hour, and still nothing, along with the "Setup is starting..." screen.

Even if I could get past the BOOTMGR screen, I would be stopped by a blue screen that says: UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME.

Does anyone have any idea about what I should do?

A:Unable to reinstall Windows 7 - "Setup is starting..." hang.

Is there maybe a program I can save onto a disc that would work on startup that could wipe out my harddrive? I really think the D: drive is the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/235737-unable-reinstall-windows-7-setup-starting-hang.html
Relevancy 82.13%

When booting the laptop XP SP is screen [SOLVED] -2nd up" stuck starting down laptop is at"Windows stuck at the quot Windows is starting up quot window First the log-in screen where you enter user name and password pops up only for less than a second than it beeps and the screen disappears Usually this screen stays on and I change the user name from quot administrator quot to a different [SOLVED] stuck at"Windows is starting up" screen -2nd laptop down user name I can start the laptop in the save mode but I cannot switch to a different user I guess this is normal I would like to backup files stored under the user name Is there any way to switch users in the safe mode What can I do get over the stuck quot Windows is starting up quot screen I cannot go online with the laptop - the Wifi network is not working not showing up at all is this normal in the safe mode This is a friends laptop I borrowed- my laptop has major issues as well Virus Malware overwrites everything After the major issues with my laptop I installed and run Malwarebytes on my friends laptop just in case The software found nothing Zonealarm and Avira are installed and were always up to date I'm really desperate Now the second laptop is down I feel sooo bad about my friends laptop - Please help me fix it Both laptops are running legal Windows XP versions - installed on them when bought

A:[SOLVED] stuck at"Windows is starting up" screen -2nd laptop down

Can you get into the Administrator account via "safe Mode"? Do you have a Windows XP CD? You might need it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-stuck-at-and-quot-windows-is-starting-up-and-quot-screen-2nd-laptop-down-880033.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello I got a BSOD while playing a game last night After restarting my computer and getting past the quot starting windows quot screen I got a consistent BSOD immediately after I am currently forced to use safe mode Some computer specs Video card Nvidia GTX OS Windows CPU AMD Phenom II X Processor GHz RAM GB Here's the BSOD info Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA BCP FFFFF past windows" get BSOD "starting game; can't anymore during DF C BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Thinking it was a graphics card BSOD during game; can't get past "starting windows" anymore driver issue BSOD during game; can't get past "starting windows" anymore I rolled back but still got a similar error Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID BSOD during game; can't get past "starting windows" anymore Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA F BCP FFFFF B BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product I've attached logs of the dump files I plan on putting in an older graphics card and seeing if I can get my computer to start but I thought I'd post here first

A:BSOD during game; can't get past "starting windows" anymore

You are correct in that the dumps are blaming your NVidia gfx drivers for the crash, first step would be to uninstall/reinstall the latest drivers using DDU or driver sweeper to clear out

If it still fails try the same again using an older version, if it still fails try your other gpu

Basically what you are doing/have already done

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/391833-bsod-during-game-cant-get-past-starting-windows-anymore.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hey guys currently using home premium 32bit but got pro upgrade 64 bit so had to do the custom install from booting with the disk

I choose the language, keyboard layout etc, choose custom install, pick the hard drive and it goes to the installing screen.

When part 2 of the install screen is almost done it said installation will continue after the computer restarts.
After it restarts, it just stays on the "starting windows" screen and the windows logo never shows. It wa son there for hours. I restarted by pressing the restart button and it continued back on the step 2 and them same thing, restart and then continue later but now the screen is just stuck on the "starting windows" screen.

Any ideas????

Thanks

A:Custom setup stuck on "starting windows" screen

Never mind, I unplugged things and it's all good

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/161258-custom-setup-stuck-starting-windows-screen.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello all I'm flirting with my sanity and have decided to finally reach out for help I have been googling and searching these forums for the better part of hours yielding little in the way of results I'm stalls "windows mbr? install, after fresh screen. starting" right also browsing typing with my cell phone you might imagine nerve endings Anyhow here's the story OS is W x Ulti oem disk in possession Yesterday I formatted c then attempted to install OS It installs without a hitch After restart fresh install, stalls right after "windows starting" screen. mbr? process continues until fresh install, stalls right after "windows starting" screen. mbr? right after quot windows Is starting quot display The screen then goes black The HDD activity LED goes to its intermittent blinking for system idle Attempting to restart via the smaller restart button case more often than not freezes machine Using power button to cycle same results all the way to the aforementioned screen In previous installation I was dual booting Linux which lends to my suspicion of a corrupt MBR Startup recovery states that I may have plugged in some sort of peripheral - that's not the case though I think it was referring to an instance when someone might leave in some sort of flash drive Again not the case I'm no where near a seasoned IT professional but I've attempted everything that I know Diskpart shows two volumes and two partitions The allotted sizes are correct but it also states that both are quot Primary quot now I wouldn't know any better but I thought I would see the system partition read just that system Nevertheless ill include that information in case it could lend toward a solution I've also ran through a myriad if mbr fixes and resets most of which were researched today all to no avail I have also swapped harddisks formatted installed OS and was still met with same predicament I just don't know where to take it from here Thank you all for your time

A:fresh install, stalls right after "windows starting" screen. mbr?

Quote: Originally Posted by nicksil

Hello, all. I'm flirting with my sanity and have decided to finally reach out for help. I have been googling and searching these forums for the better part of 26 hours, yielding little in the way of results. I'm also browsing/typing with my cell phone; you might imagine nerve endings....

Anyhow, here's the story: OS is W7 x64 Ulti. oem disk in possession. Yesterday, I formatted c: then attempted to install OS. It installs without a hitch. After restart, process continues until right after "windows Is starting" display. The screen then goes black. The HDD activity LED goes to its intermittent blinking for system idle.

Attempting to restart via the smaller restart button case more often than not freezes machine. Using power button to cycle, same results all the way to the aforementioned screen.

In previous installation, I was dual booting Linux which lends to my suspicion of a corrupt MBR.

Startup recovery states that I may have plugged in some sort of peripheral - that's not the case though. I think it was referring to an instance when someone might leave in some sort of flash drive. Again, not the case.

I'm no where near a seasoned IT professional, but I've attempted everything that I know.

Diskpart shows two volumes and two partitions. The allotted sizes are correct, but it also states that both are "Primary " now, I wouldn't know any better, but I thought I would see the system partition read just that, system. Nevertheless, ill include that information in case it could lend toward a solution

I've also ran through a myriad if mbr fixes and resets, most of which were researched today, all to no avail.

I have also swapped harddisks, formatted, installed OS, and was still met with same predicament.

I just don't know where to take it from here

Thank you all for your time.

Maybe I missed it but have you tried booting into safe mode (F8)?
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/88368-fresh-install-stalls-right-after-windows-starting-screen-mbr.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Recently numerous problems have been plauging my computer Its homebuilt by a freind of the family- AMD Athalon Biostar M NCD MOBO MB RAM Windows XP SP Lots of pop up ads I've used Spynot Ad-Aware Ewido security Spyware Blaster Norton And I still get lots of pop freeze random "Windows starting Problems, crash XP up" is ups wiht Internet Explorer Recently my CD-RW drive sopped working I was burning CDs after burning two with no problems I tried to burn a third but the CD Drive a Sony CRX EE-not listed on Sony's sites didn't XP Problems, random crash "Windows is starting up" freeze recognize the CD it does not in fact recognize any CD XP Problems, random crash "Windows is starting up" freeze No audio CDs no CD-ROMs no CD-RWs Nothing It wont recognize any CDs though it still opens closes All this happned in a few seconds wiht absolutely no change to the rest of the system I installed a new graphics card GeForce FX onto my machine before christmas and afterwards I would occasionally rarely get stuck on the quot Windows is Starting Up quot screen Its been on that screen for mins before i restarted If this happens starting in safe mode restarting a few times gets around it Since the CD drive has ceased to function my sister appearent ly took the computer apart to check if everything was connected- since then the endless quot Windows is starting up quot screen occurances have increased dramatically and have been accompanied with an increase of random crashes The random crashes completely restart the computer for no apparent reason-then almost always I cant properly load windows I've restarted times in a row to try to get the computer to actually work Im not sure if this has any effect at all it would just be a coincidence but when I hold F during the startup process this seems to stop the problem Im guessing that the problems are caused by us amatuerly messing around inside the guts of the computer though I thought these problems might be accompanied wiht a worm also Most likely I think its something we did and was wondering if anyone could help me diagnose the problem I wouldn't even mind losing all my data if it meant that I would have a stable computer again

A:XP Problems, random crash "Windows is starting up" freeze

Same problem happend to me on my IBM thinkpad and i just got so fed up with it i just totally wiped the hard drive and started over. But the laptop had many other problems as well. For the cd-rom i would just look around for new one because after awhile they will fry.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-problems-random-crash-windows-is-starting-up-freeze-84695.html
Relevancy 82.13%

TL DR New laptop with Linpus Linux can't install Windows from bootable USB title among errors Hi I'm quite desperate to make a forum post so please help me as I've been googling and "STARTING on freezes at laptop new WIN7 WINDOWS". Installing trying all I could for the last hours FIRST Bought new laptop ACER ASPIRE E and it came with a preinstalled Linpus Linux no GUI which has no DVD tray - so I have to install Windows through a bootable USB stick However this is not the problem as I've made a lot of bootable USB sticks before and never encountered these problems So the problems Trying to normally bootup results in windows doing some quot Loading files quot for a few seconds then going into quot Starting windows quot and the animation freezes Installing WIN7 on new laptop freezes at "STARTING WINDOWS". after less than a second Trying to install windows in LEGACY MODE only allows me to pick between Linpus Linux and Create a bootable USB disk - it does not detect the bootable USB Trying to boot with F gives the same animation freeze problem WHAT I'VE TRIED SO FAR so you don't suggest things I've already done disabled safe boot disabled usb port enabled legacy mode went back to UEFI mode tried both FAT and NTFS file systems tried a different USB port plugged out any other device except for the bootable USB stick I'm using RUFUS and I will try with a different copy of Windows and a different stick after I get some sleep so if you've got other ideas aside from those please comment I am currently trying out the method in this link Install Windows On Acer Aspire One I will return after I finish P S I've tried booting on the PC the one I'm typing from right now and it only showed an underline blipping and just that - it did not boot So I'm guessing I did not boot correctly even though it might be because I booted for UEFI systems If you know what the cause of this might be then you may actually help me solve it all

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/402507-installing-win7-new-laptop-freezes-starting-windows.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello I just finished building my Computer hangs one at Windows" minute. for over screen "Starting computer the other day and installed Windows Ultimate bit edition The install went great and the computer is amazingly fast but I am less than impressed with the boot time I have windows installed on Computer hangs at "Starting Windows" screen for over one minute. two Corsair Force GT GB Solid State Drives in RAID configuration The motherboard is a GIGABYTE G Sniper and the processor is an i X As I said I am very impressed with the performance once the computer is on but it takes ages to get there I had some trouble with it stalling at the quot Verifying DMI Pool Data quot for about seconds each boot That seems to have been fixed when I cleared the board and reconfigured BIOS The problem I am having now is Computer hangs at "Starting Windows" screen for over one minute. that when Windows begins to load it says quot Starting Windows quot right before the logo flies in It will sit at that screen for over a minute before it starts to animate It only takes about seconds to load after the animation starts No problems after that I can't figure out what's causing this It does change depending on the BIOS settings It did not always do this I have been messing with them so much to try to isolate what's causing it but I cannot Any ideas Thanks

A:Computer hangs at "Starting Windows" screen for over one minute.

As your GIGABYTE G1. Sniper 1 or 2 has a uEFI BIOS.
How to install Windows 64 bit on a uEFI BIOS:
UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with

GIGABYTE uEFT BIOS setup: Check your mamual.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/207639-computer-hangs-starting-windows-screen-over-one-minute.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi to all Hopefully I would find help here I have bought a new machine with GB ram GB HD Intel DG KR motherboard and Intel G Graphics Card I received the machine with Windows installed but wanted to format and install XP since I stuck XP starting computer; install on Can't on windows" "Setup is would not be able to upgrade my screen reading softwares I am totally blind and other necessary stuff are too much for my little budget I can not go on with since they are not that compatible So I planned to install XP The problem is that XP can Can't install XP on computer; stuck on "Setup is starting windows" not be installed on the machine Everything is ok till a screen with the sentence quot Setup is starting windows quot appears and seems to stay till the end of life By googling there were suggestions to replace the HD I replaced it with newer one and nothing changed Others suggested that might be due to falty ram also replaced with no change Some other suggestions recommended burning new XP and installing the one that is new and no change I unplugged all devices keyboard mouse speakers everything unnecessary for the installation procedure to go on but all were in vain I disabled all devices in the BIOS and the problem is the same No change And to narrow things down I changed sata mode to native so that the problem is not in the correct SATA SCASi RAID IDE AHCI ICH etc drivers Even I integrated the compatible SATA drivers and burned them into the XP disc and there were no change I created a bootable USB XP thump drive to instal XP from and the problem is the same Windows instals ok using both the DVD and the USB thump drive I unplugged the HD and tried installing XP on a separate HD and no change I unplugged the DVD drive and tried installing from and external CD DVD drive and no change Microsoft states that this problem might be related to incorrect HAL I hit f during quot Press F to load quot screen and chose something like standard PC the second choice in the menu and there was no change Please let me know if there is any suggestion to help me solving the problem I can not install XP and does not go welll wih my old screen reading softwares Any help is apreciated Thanks in dvance for any help nbsp

A:Can't install XP on computer; stuck on "Setup is starting windows"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-install-xp-on-computer-stuck-on-setup-is-starting-windows.1018694/
Relevancy 82.13%

I am helping out a friend by re-installing Windows 7 on his laptop. Unfortunately the laptop had been infected beyond repair by a virus/malware and would not boot past bios.

When installing Windows 7 x32, I make it to the "Setup is starting..." screen and it does not continue. It is not the disk as I have used the same one to install it on my laptop. The laptop is a Dell Inspiron 1545 with 4gb of ram and 500gb HDD space.
Please help!

A:Windows 7 installation hangs at "Setup is starting..." screen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-installation-hangs-at-setup-is-starting-screen.987374/
Relevancy 82.13%

As it says in the subject line The quot Starting New "Starting Windows," freeze on *no* HD, Events Win7x64 install, new Windows quot New HD, new Win7x64 install, freeze on "Starting Windows," *no* Events freezes seem to me to be entirely arbitrary Here's my installation notes to date The line where it says quot SYSTEM RESTORE quot is the point at which I restored the computer to after installing some software and having the quot Starting Windows quot issue recur As you New HD, new Win7x64 install, freeze on "Starting Windows," *no* Events can see I check the Event Viewer with every boot The only Error and Critical events are generally Power events when I am forced to reboot manually due to a quot Starting Windows quot freeze ------------------INSTALLATION NOTES------------------------------------- Installation notes Installed Win -- OK SP -- OK triple restart Various mobo drivers -- OK Other updated -- OK triple restart GeForce drivers -- OK triple restart R Java -- OK R Reinstalled E drive plugged the power and data cable back in for my old data drive freeze restarts OK full power down and restart OK SYSTEM RESTORE Security updates for NET framework x restarts OK No errors or critical events in Event Viewer on restarts Shut down and boot a m Event Viewer no errors or critical except LegacyUinstaller EventID Installing M-Audio Delta Driver Shut down and boot a m Emptied recycle bin No Errors or Critical in Event Viewer from reboot Shut down and boot a m No Errors or Critical in Event Viewer from reboot FREEZE upon startup at p m whole day away from computer RESTART functions NO EVENTS in Event Viewer explaining crash BOOT from cold at PM OK NO Errors or Critical in event viewer Failed shutdown freeze on quot shutting down quot screen Freeze on quot Starting WIndows quot on Startup Freeze on quot Starting Windows quot on Startup Startup OK Freeze on quot Starting Windows quot on Startup Startup OK Browsed web installed nothing shut down Freeze on quot Starting Windows quot on Startup Startup OK ---------------------------END INSTALLATION NOTES---------------------------------------------------------- This is the latest in a series of issues that have led me to replace every single component in the PC save for two memory sticks and the sound card I enclose a SF diagnostics report zipped I'll install Speccy if necessary What is driving me crazy is the ENTIRELY ARBITRARY FREEZES It seems that there is a chance of a freeze on EVERY BOOT and it makes no difference WHAT has been installed Recent diagnostics Hitachi proprietary disk check of main HD OK CHKDSK of main HD OK Memcheck of RAM OK hours full cycles The motherboard is new The hard drive is new The memory sticks are Memchecked to death hours of testing in the last month The power supply is new Any ideas

A:New HD, new Win7x64 install, freeze on "Starting Windows," *no* Events

I installed Speccy; what the heck. Doesn't really matter WHAT I install at this point, really, does it?

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/5...dE8rLvKBqkWPzo

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/200700-new-hd-new-win7x64-install-freeze-starting-windows-no-events.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi Recently I have installed a guest VM running on Windows XP using Virtual PC XP mode I have installed quot Integration Features quot as well and both the VM and host OS Windows Pro were able to detect my smart card Everytime upon starting up the XP VM a login popup would prompt for my user ID and password However it doesn't have the quot Insert a smartcard quot option for me as I use the smartcard to login into the VM If i disable the quot Integration Features quot and attach the smart card reader manually the VM would detect my smartcard and login without any problems However I would want a How VM? Windows a enable option "Insert when starting XP to smartcard" the whole experience of login to be as seamless as possible meaning the user only has to login once with his smart card at the login popup during VM startup so that he does not have to enter his PIN again in the VM login during desktop mode Any advice on how to enable the quot Insert a smart card quot option

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c7d91ae6-b792-4b67-82c3-370caf864247/how-to-enable-quotinsert-a-smartcardquot-option-when-starting-a-windows-xp-vm?forum=w7itprovirt
Relevancy 82.13%

I think it has something to do with the Harddrive It used to have hard mins 10+ "Starting Fresh Takes Windows" Install, drives set in RAID and I took one hard drive out Fresh Install, "Starting Windows" Takes 10+ mins and just have one I m pretty sure I took out the RAID config but I m not sure But I do fresh install after fresh install and the whole thing takes mins to do everything and when I try to start windows it says Starting Windows for mins and its never done this before Im not sure if this happened when I Fresh Install, "Starting Windows" Takes 10+ mins removed the hard drive or not And also when I start the computer is says like No harddrive found but still boots up and takes me to windows and my Hard drive shows in the BIOS Please please pelase help me lol I ve been at this for weeks now trying to find out a solution This has nothing to do with a virus etc Its fresh installs I Fresh Install, "Starting Windows" Takes 10+ mins ve tried new Hard Drives and the same thing happens I tried Windows and the same thing happens I think it has something to do with the RAID which I don t know how to access to delete or it has something to do with the BIOS but I reset that back to factory so I m not sure Thanksssssssss EDIT I also haven t added any new hardware nbsp

Relevancy 82.13%

Apologies if there is another section better suited towards this but as I'm not really sure what the issue is I couldn't really think of a specific category to put it in And as I'm not really sure what the issue is I hope the story of what I was doing when this happened and what I've done to my computer since then is helpful So yesterday I sat down at my computer after watching a live stream on Twitch from bed checked some Steam messages and attempted to message someone on Skype when my display randomly entered sleep mode As I was actively using my computer my display auto shutoff couldn't have been what was happening and nothing I did would make my display re-enable I wasn't really sure what to do at that point so I clicked the power button on my computer and after a while nothing happened so I held the power button down to force it off I started my computer again and it seemed fine until it got to where the log-in screen should be After the quot Starting Windows quot screen my display entered sleep mode again as if it was receiving nothing from my computer anymore I let it sit for a bit thinking Unresponsive, Windows", After "Starting Shuts Computer Monitor Down maybe it After "Starting Windows", Computer Unresponsive, Monitor Shuts Down would clear itself up but nothing happened so I restarted my computer again at which point it said windows had shut down improperly due to some error and asked if I wanted to boot in safe mode which I did Safe mode made my computer work just fine it would boot up reliably every time I booted into safe mode but booting up normally would always result in my display just entering sleep mode as if my computer wasn't on anymore A blue screen error box did pop up once though I never actually saw any blue screen I didn't write down the code and it hasn't brought that up again I don't have automatic Windows updates enabled so nothing I know of would have just up and installed aside from my antivirus but it would have given me some sort of notice had it done so I attempted to uninstall a few things even doing a system restore The system restore kind of worked once but after restarting my computer again the blank screen where log-in should be came back and future restores either to the same or earlier point wouldn't even let me boot up successfully once Thinking this had to be a software issue and being impatient I decided to format and do a fresh Windows install The first time seemed like it was going fine until I attempted to install Skype at which point the blank screen came back I did a fresh install again and blank screened this time after installing only a few windows updates and my display drivers Then again a fresh install and blank screen after only windows updates Attempting to install anything causes the blank screens to come back I tried on this install only installing display drivers and during boot up I saw some messages about updates to the registry being made on the quot Starting Windows quot screen though I hadn't installed any windows updates yet And that's where I'm at now Launching safe mode will always get my computer to boot up properly but a normal boot always has my computer just blank screen I had my speakers turn on and no sound is made that is usually made on the log-in screen so it seems to me that Windows just breaks at that point But I don't really know much about the technical side of computers I'll be here for hours so if there are any questions any of you have I'll do my best to try and answer them I really would like to be able to use my desktop again

A:After "Starting Windows", Computer Unresponsive, Monitor Shuts Down

Hello and welcome MA mate try to find the blue screen report use the event viewer to do this - Start > type in event and it will pop up a small blue window with Event Viewer in it > Run as Admin > scroll down to find it see this How To Use Event Viewer - Microsoft Windows Mini-Guides

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/358013-after-starting-windows-computer-unresponsive-monitor-shuts-down.html
Relevancy 82.13%

So I have a two years old Dell Inspiron 1564 which has been giving me a lot of trouble. It has however, never been this bad. I turned it off after it kept freezing and lagging and then it wouldn't turn back on. It got to the starting windows screen, had a flash of a blue screen and tried again. I tried to launch startup repair, but it won't do this either. It just shows me the cursor and the blue windows screen. I can move the cursor but that's it. F12 and F2 are not working either. It is kind of urgent so I hope someone can give me some advice here...

Thanks

A:Dell Inspiron won't turn on beyond "starting Windows" screen

The hard drive has failed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-wont-turn-on-beyond-starting-windows-screen.181499/
Relevancy 82.13%

After following the tutorials on the site to get windows on a flash drive or dvd, i used that to run the installer. sadly, after you hit "start to install" it goes into a seemingly infinite setup is starting cycle where ultimately nothing happens.
any solutions would be appreciated
also, i read somewhere that i can fix this with cmd by using this
At first installer screen Press Shift + F10 to open a Command Box, type:

DISKPART
LIST DISK
SELECT DISK 0 (after confirming Windows 7 target HD #)
CLEAN
CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY SIZE=102400 (for 100gb partition, adjust as desired)
FORMAT FS=NTFS LABEL="WINDOWS 7"
ACTIVE
EXIT
EXIT
however, after typing diskpart my cmd does not let me type anything else, effectively rendering this useless.. also regarding the infinite loop startup repair guide here it didnt let me issue any commands after typing D:

thanks in advance, help is much appreciated!

A:Install windows stuck on "setup is starting", cmd won't use commands

It sounds like you might have a faulty installer - try writing the ISO to USB again.

Be sure you get the iso here:
Windows 7 Direct Download Links

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/319848-install-windows-stuck-setup-starting-cmd-wont-use-commands.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I ran Spybot Seek and Destroy on my Gateway laptop running Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium. My startup time had gone to a crawl as had the time to load pages in explorer. After Spybot was done it reccomended to "quarentine" certain files which I did and saved the registry of those files. When I rebooted to finish the process Windows would not retart.

I tried several restore points including one I created before running Spybot, but Windows still wouldn't start.

When nothing else in the recovery options worked I opted to reinstall Windows from factory default settings. Part way through the installation process I got the error "Windows cannot complete installation on this hard drive. Windows will restart installation after restarting."

Since that point, it is freezing at the Setup is starting service screen (or it is moving at such a slow pace I can't tell. It's been about 2hrs).

Any ideas?

A:windows 7 reinstall freezing at "Setup is starting services"

Spybot lost favor about ten years ago when it bloated up and got buggy and has never been recommended here where we favor newer tools like Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware.

What should have been a simple restore operation might have been complicated by having a Factory install which is the worst possible install of Win7 one can have, larded with bloatware and duplicate utilties which interfere with better versions built into Win7. Most tech enthusiasts will not run such an install but instead Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7.

Everything needed is in the blue link to get and keep a perfect install, including the tools and methods which work best with Win7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/349313-windows-7-reinstall-freezing-setup-starting-services.html
Relevancy 82.13%

hi guys today when i've finished playing the computer [Major Stuck windows" screen. "starting Problem] on i've used 'shutdown' to turn off my computer the shutdown process doesn't seem to turn off my computer so i just waited and waited for minutes still it was still on the same screen saying [Major Problem] Stuck on "starting windows" screen. quot shutting down quot with the circle still spinning so i just turned it off manually by holding the power button until it turns off Later on i decided to get back on so i turned [Major Problem] Stuck on "starting windows" screen. it on but when it was at the quot starting windows quot screen it was stuck there for sooo long so i waited for a long [Major Problem] Stuck on "starting windows" screen. time but it was still stuck When i turned it off and on again a start up repair was offered so i chose that option it says quot loading windows files quot after that a blank screen for a long time still stuck I then tried to boot my win CD to do a recovery or restore point but after it was quot loading windows files quot the starting windows screen appeared again and it was stuck there I've googled and searched this forum but all their solution was just startup repair and recovery can anyone please help me Thanks

A:[Major Problem] Stuck on "starting windows" screen.

Hello duong,

Are you overclocking anything? If so, stop. Can you try blowing out any dust buildup? Perhaps some hardware went out? You might try temporarily replacing some things if you can to see if things stop freezing. Keep trying to do system recovery, etc., but if you can't, you may just have to reinstall. You might wait a bit and see what others have to say before you do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/210461-major-problem-stuck-starting-windows-screen.html