Windows Support Forum

T60 Upgrading CPU/processor question

Q: T60 Upgrading CPU/processor question

Hi all, I have a T60 (model 1953-DAF) with a 1.66GHz CPU (type T2300E). I wish to upgrade the processor to one with has VT capability (Virtualization Technology to support 64bit), say T2400 or above. I would like to know if there is any limitation imposed by the current model as far as CPU upgrade is concerned. I don't know where to find this information. If that can be done, is there anything I need to do apart from replacing the CPU physically? Thanks a lot for your assistance. /mebs

Solved!
Go to Solution.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: T60 Upgrading CPU/processor question

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: T60 Upgrading CPU/processor question

you can upgrade to T7xxx and T5xxx CPU with socket M format. There is nothing that you really have to do to upgrade other than the CPU. I recommend that you get the T5xxx, i.e. T5500 or T5600, etc.

Only the T7xxx has VT and 64 bit.

T5xxx in Socket M does not support VT, it only supports 64 bit.

The T2x00 CPU can only support VT and NO 64 bit OS support.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T61-and-prior-T-series/T60-Upgrading-CPU-processor-question/td-p/198877
Relevancy 18.49%

I've done no overclocking, no advanced work whatsoever. Every time I try to google my issue, all of the solutions seem to be based around the person with the issue overclocking their system thus causing high tempuratures. This is not that issue.

On to the actual problem, my motherboard reports temperatures of 69c when running any program that takes any worthwhile amount of system resources (and some that don't), in particular, most games. CPU and GPU tempuratures seem far lower, around 30-40c. Assuming the sensor isn't to blame (and it isn't, if the feel of the case is any indication), are there any reliable ways to lower MB tempurature with simple BIOS and power settings?

Running an old F1a55-M (FM1) on Win 7 Home Premium, SP1.

EDIT: The motherboard idles at 47, which also seems high. I've changed locations for better airflow several times and wonder if I just flat-out need a larger case.

A:Question re: system temperatures

Fans running, dust?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-re-system-temperatures.217445/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hey,
I recently decided I'm going to start using my old laptop again. I swapped the hard drive for an SSD and I'm quite pleased with the performance boost that got me. I am now looking for a ram upgrade from 2gb to 8gb.
I have a Dell inspiron n4010.
I went to crucial's website and did the system scan. The scan said that this would fit my needs.

Unfortunately, crucial doesn't ship to me. I'm forced to look elsewhere. I looked for something similar on another store's website. My question to all the experts out there is: will 2 of these work with my laptop and get me the 8gb of ram I need?
thanks for the help!

A:Quick ram upgrade question

Yes. The specs are exactly the same. Over the years I have used both Kingston and Crucial many times for memory upgrades and both are excellent.

You can also do a memory scan at Dell's own website. Just don't buy what they offer because they'll tell you to only buy genuine Dell memory blah, blah, blah. The Kingston will do you quite fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/quick-ram-upgrade-question.216718/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi Guys! I hope you have the time to see this post and give me some suggestions on Upgrading my PC.

Bought all of these parts last June 9, 2014.
This is my Rig

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 (Service Pack 1)
ECS Elite Group Deluxe H87 H3-M 1150
i5 - 4570 CPU @ 3.20 GHZ
HyperX Fury 8gb 1600mhz
PSU 600WATS Cougar
Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 Twin Frozr 256mb 2GB GDDR5
BenQ 22" LED 1920x1080
HDD 1TB for Storage
500GB split this into half Disk C: has 250 where I install my OS at and Local Disk D: where I put my games/saved games.
PC Case: Ostrog Enermax

I mainly created this Rig for gaming.

I'm planning to buy an SSD soon, any tips? Already read the most budget SSD is the Crucial m4 ssd 128gb
Also thinking of upgrading my Motherboard. Also, if ever I'm changing my MOBO, do you guys think I need to change my PSU as well?

Thoughts/Opinions/Suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thank you!

A:Upgrading my PC. Need Suggestions

There is no gain using an SSD for storage. I would buy an SSD to transfer the system and applications to. Format the existing drive for a storage drive. That will give you the full benefit of the speed that an SSD will give you. Try some PC trans software. They do the job well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-my-pc-need-suggestions.216438/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hey everyone Now I m no expert but I m fairly computer savvy however when it comes to hardware spec s I m clueless A friend of a friend helped me pick GFX Upgrading Card my hardware and I put together my current computer almost years ago It was a beast at first but after a month my gfx card kept crashing almost every game mins into playing Did some research turned out a lot of people were having issues with the same card For whatever reason I never bothered to or couldn t get a replacement Well now I m finally ready to do it and I was looking for some insight based on my current spec s what my best options would Upgrading GFX Card be I m running Windows Upgrading GFX Card bit This barebone kit http www tigerdirect com applicat mail- -WebletMain- -WEBLET SATSFY- -Satisfy Asus M A GTD PRO AMD GX CrossFire Motherboard AMD Phenom II X T GHz Processor Overclocked to GHz GB DDR MHz System Memory x MB -Watt Power Supply CoolIT ECO A L C Liquid Cooling System WD Black WD FAEX TB Desktop Hard Drive - quot SATA RPM MB Cache And the busted graphics card I m using http www tigerdirect com applicat mail- -WebletMain- -WEBLET SATSFY- -Satisfy EVGA G-P - -TR GeForce GTS SuperClocked Video Card - MB GDDR PCI-Express Dual DVI Mini HDMI SLI DirectX Fermi MHz Overclock to MHz Now don t get me wrong I m not expecting to play next-gen games at the highest settings or anything just something decent to hold me over until I eventually build a fresh PC I m not looking to spend more than - I ve always gone with nVidia in the past but I m open to other suggestions Any suggestions are appreciated thanks for your time nbsp

A:Upgrading GFX Card

Looking over your current video card were you in need of running dual monitors? Have you checked out NewEgg.com? They are always having deals of video cards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-gfx-card.215852/
Relevancy 18.49%

I am planning on building a small form factor PC but it will need RS232. I don't know for sure if there will be room for an add on card for the RS232. Is there a usb to RS232? If so, will it work as good as an add on card?

A:RS232 Question

Check out this link: TRENDnet USB to RS-232 . I do not personally own one, but I have used them at my job and they seem to work pretty well. You may have a driver issue, depending on the OS you will be using, but for the most part it works.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/rs232-question.215588/
Relevancy 18.92%

As seen on this site, the previous USB 3.0 drivers were v3.0.4.65 for Intel 8/9 Series Chipset. On Gigabyte's website for the Z97 boards, they also list USB 3.0 v3.0.4.65 as the latest for their boards. Now my question is, why on Intel's Download Center, is USB 3.0 v3.0.4.65 listed as Intel NUC drivers? Intel forum staff claim that version is for Intel NUC only, but it doesn't seem that way.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-3-0-question.214845/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi need some help here plz so a while ago I bought my first PC that wasn t bought on a wallmart cooling and Need it's for upgrading PC my advise I wasn t very knowlegeable on the topic and my budget was limited but Need advise for upgrading my PC and it's cooling with some help from the vendor who is an enthusiast I managed to get something I was happy with and I m still happy I can play nice games and do stuff but I think it s time for some upgrading here are the specs of my rig CPU AMD A K APU MHz BLACK EDITION Motherboard ASUS A- XM A Memory KHX C D B G x Graphics AMD RADEON R GB DDR Storage SEAGATE BARRACUDA TB REF - Case power source COOLER MASTER ELITE PLUS EDGE W AF-B P Other Peripherals LOGITECH G MMO KEYBOARD GAMEPAD Operating System WIN So that s about it Because of limited budget I didn t bought any other fans or disipators so the case has open slots for fans two on top above the CPU and MOBO and one on the upper back the case came with a fan in the front for the hard drive and there is the fan from the power source the CPU and the graphic card but that s about it The front fan pulls air from outside and the power source pulls air from the case forgot to put it on image but back slot is where quot BACK quot label is So basically I want to put to use those open slots on the case mostly because I live on a stupidly hot country like C hot and I do have had one event where the CPU shut all down because of overheat basically went above C I would like some advise as to how to choose a good product that fits my needs and what should be the configuration of the fans since I have read that air input and output should be balanced or bad things happen Also I wish to upgrade other parts of my rig the RAM is no brainer just get a sister to my existing card however the graphic card is another story The vendor assured me that the MOBO CPU and power source were good enough so that I wouldn t have any bottleneck issues if I later decided to upgrade the graphics however I would like your opinion on what can I expect to put on that rig without having those issues basically what are the highest graphic card specs I can expect it to run without problems I do have a personal preference for AMD solutions so keep that in mind since intel stuff costs are way way too inflated on my country I also want a new HDD SSD is still on the list but right now I want more storage so what would be a good option for that the one I have was basically a default option but I would like to know if that s ok or I would be better of with something else finally what should I keep an eye on when purchasing a display in the store they all look good but then I brought my new samsung display home and dark bright scenes look awfull and it makes me sad thank you very much in advance for your time and help and apologies for the wall of text nbsp

A:Need advise for upgrading my PC and it's cooling

Well RAM should be no issue as to the fact your mobo can handle up to 32 gigs or RAM so another 1x8 gig should do you quite fine as long as the RAM matches CAS, voltage, DDR3, and speed; as you say "no brainer."

Go for an SSD and run your OS from that and utilize your hard drive for games. SSDs are coming down in price and it will make your load times so much faster.

As a fan of Cooler Master your case is fine. Here is a link to it from Newegg.com Seriously consider getting those fans and keep in mind that between intake and exhaust, exhaust is the more important of the two. Also, AMD chips run hot. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119256 - check out the fan options under specs.

Honestly, the only thing to upgrade for gaming purposes would be your video card. But here is my question: Are you having any issues gaming with your current system? If not seriously consider an SSD.

As for your monitor Samsung makes excellent ones. Did you calibrate/adjust the settings? What connection are your using: VGA, DVI, or HDMI?
By the way, really nice system on a budget. You got good advice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-advise-for-upgrading-my-pc-and-its-cooling.213856/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi, Guys (And Gals) I'm attempting my 1st PC build and HAVE used the various online power supply calculators... however I'd like to hear some feedback from you all. No matter where I look online I always like to come here to be sure. My specs for the build are as follows:

MoBo: GIGABYTE GA-F2A68HM-H FM2+ USB 3.0 MATX
Amd A6 5400K 3600Mhz Blk Edt 1mb 65w Socket FM2

Video Card: XFX RADEON R7 240 2GB DDR3 LOW PROFILE
RAM: ADATA XPG V1 DDR3 1600 4GB

HDD: Seagate 1TB Serial ATA HD 7200/64MB/SATA-6G

I would really like to use one of the 350W or 400W power supply I stripped from my previous PC's. I'm thinking of hooking it to an HDMI or VGA projector eventually though (Haven't bought it yet) Can I get away with one of these and play a game like World of Warcraft? or do I need to order something like the
SolidGear 650W PS2 ATX Power Supply on Tiger Direct?

Thanks in advance for any advice & thoughts

A:1st Build Power Supply Question

Over engineer the PS;

Calculate the actual needed power,

add a fudge factor and

multiply by 1.5.
Then round up to the next commonly available size

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1st-build-power-supply-question.213326/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello I m posting this question along with a PDF explaining what I d like to do in terms of upgrading my Toshiba Satellite e -a My questions are I One or more of my USB ports are USB How do I determine which are USB and which are high-speed USB II Is there any reason that my BIOS won t allow me to upgrade from my current TB HDD to a TB HDD I just bought and received in the mail III What s the best way for me to clone my current TB HDD onto my new TB HDD I have a number of Disk utility apps on my computer already but if you recommend something else I ll use it instead Once it s cloned do I have to do anything special in order to get it to work Or can I simply swap out the HDDs and it My Laptop Upgrading Satellite Toshiba e55-a5114 ll boot right up If I m planning on cloning my current Windows and putting some Linux distros on it in what order should I clone amp install IV Can I add more RAM to my laptop even though the official website about my Toshiba Laptop specifically says MEMORY GB Upgrading My Toshiba Satellite e55-a5114 Laptop DDR L MHz Memory is not user replaceable If that s just an idle warning how much RAM can this computer take What s the upper-limit to the amount of RAM How much would you recommend that would give a boost to speed but also inexpensive and made by a trustworthy V I m going to make this new HD HDD run multiple OSes including Windows and - Linux distros How much space should I reserve for each Linux distro s mountpoints If I make one partition and label it as home will all my Linux distros be able to use it I d really like to have quite a few different Linux OSes on this computer because I want to learn how to use it better Here s the link to the PDF with much more information about my laptop as well as all my questions about making this upgrade work as quickly and painlessly as possible http bit ly e -upgrade Thanks a lot Yours Ev nbsp

A:Upgrading My Toshiba Satellite e55-a5114 Laptop

koesherbacon said:

My questions are:

I. One or more of my USB ports are USB 3.0. How do I determine which are USB 2.0 and which are high-speed USB 3.0?Click to expand...

not hard, but mapping which slot on the box is v2 - v3 was my issue

II. Is there any reason that my BIOS won?t allow me to upgrade from my current 1TB HDD to a 2TB HDD I just bought and received in the mail?Click to expand...

that would work BUT you need a fresh install and don't forget the system drivers

III. What?s the best way for me to clone my current 1TB HDD onto my new 2TB HDD? I have a number of Disk utility apps on my computer already, but if you recommend something else, I?ll use it instead. Once it?s cloned, do I have to do anything special in order to get it to work? Or can I simply swap out the HDDs and it?ll boot right up? If I'm planning on cloning my current Windows 8.1 and putting some Linux distros on it, in what order should I clone & install?Click to expand...

This solves the prior question - - clone it. I would clone anyway possible and after the fact, resize the C: partition

IV. Can I add more RAM to my laptop even though the official website about my Toshiba Laptop specifically says ?MEMORY: 6GB DDR3L 1600MHz (Memory is not user replaceable)? If that?s just an idle warning, how much RAM can this computer take? What?s the upper-limit to the amount of RAM? How much would you recommend that would give a boost to speed but also inexpensive and made by a trustworthy?Click to expand...

not user replaceable means what it says - - it's sodered to the MB and there may not even be slots for memory

V. I?m going to make this new 2HD HDD run multiple OSes including Windows 8.1 and 1-4 Linux distros. How much space should I reserve for each Linux distro?s mountpoints? If I make one partition and label it as ?/home?, will all my Linux distros be able to use it? I?d really like to have quite a few different Linux OSes on this computer because I want to learn how to use it better!
Remember, you can only have FOUR primary extensions and within one you can have several Logical Prtns. Most Linux distros have a bootable CD to try-it before you install.
Saves lots of work and time Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-my-toshiba-satellite-e55-a5114-laptop.213526/
Relevancy 25.8%

I am currently considering upgrading my graphics card in my PC upgrading GPU my Considering I bought a pretty average prebuilt from best Considering upgrading my GPU buy It s an Asus M K AD M AD M AD M AD Specs http gyazo com ca f c d a ef a f http gyazo com b aa cf fc ec ea a fe http gyazo com d fd a c b b a cd f db http gyazo com a d c fb f e b e ad bb Considering upgrading my GPU a I ve been reading around about graphics cards and I know mine isn t a great one so I m considering upgrading but would like to know the benefits I would get out of it Also would I have to increase Considering upgrading my GPU my power source depending on the card and if anyone could name a few graphics card in specific that would be the best bang for my buck I would greatly appreciate that I mostly use my computer to play FPS games H Z CS GO Borderlands Call of Duty A lot of the times I will stream and record my gameplay for the fun of it and so I could go back and watch any exciting things that may of happened in my gameplay I usually monitor my CPU s performance while doing these task and my CPU usually ranges from - while streaming and recording in p at fps Sometimes I will downscale my resolution to about p and my CPU will be at about - Pretty much I am wondering how and what benefits will I have if I upgrade my graphics card and if I do upgrade my graphics card will it take some stress off my CPU nbsp

A:Considering upgrading my GPU

I think everyone is also gonna want to know your budget before giving a suggestion.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/considering-upgrading-my-gpu.213309/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hey guys,

I have question about backbone networks. Need Help!

If an organisation has 3 departments.

Key servers are in different departments ? so a user from 1 department X reads and writes to file servers in another department Y. And both users access mail from a server in department Z.

The traffic and broadcast storms originating in one department is causing bandwidth saturation in other departments.

The core of the network is slow and is unable to meet the response time requirements of various critical business applications.

What is the solution based on core technology design, LAN technologies and design solutions to address inter-departmental traffic issues?
Thanks!

A:Question about backbone networks

The traffic and broadcast storms originating in one department is causing bandwidth saturation in other departments.Click to expand...

major faux paux. Broadcasts should not go beyond the current subnet.

I would guess

you're departments are co-located in the same building
and all are on one subnet
For large companies per the above, likely the 192.168.x.y is insufficient and your lan is using a subnet like 10.x.y.z for ease of network administration.

Broadcasts should be limited to resource online/offline and contained within the network segment where the device is attached. Users / systems in HQ do not need the status of a printer going offline the the shipping department.

Suggestions:

segment the departments into unique subnets
then add static routes between them according to their need
eg: the company domain server would be needed by all (dept <-> srvr)
including the email and directory system.

FEW departments need access to the sales group or its data

You need to analyze the departmental workflow to begin this project, and implement one network change at a time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-about-backbone-networks.213243/
Relevancy 25.37%

I currently own a dell XPS 8300 with the following specs:

Processor: i7 2600 3.4 ghz quad core
RAM: 12 gb
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6670
PSU: 460W
I am a computer science student and plan on using unreal engine 4 for some game development. I also plan to do some gaming over the next 4 months.

What do you guys think I need to upgrade, if at all? I don't want to spend too much money, I recently received a $75 gift card for best buy and would prefer to use that towards my purchase.

What do you guys think of the following:

ZOTAC GeForce 750 Ti 2GB

Diamond Radeon R7 250 OC 1GB GDDR5

ZOTAC GeForce GTX 750 2GB GDDR5

Relevancy 24.94%

AMD is poised to make quite a comeback if a leaked slide proves accurate. The slide in question details AMD's Zen core APU and Greenland HBM memory-powered graphics and arrives courtesy of Fudzilla.

Read more

A:Is AMD's 16-core 'Zen' processor real? Leaked slide provides details on stout chip

This chip looks amazing, and is certainly enough for AMD to make a huge comeback. I really hope this is true.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-amds-16-core-zen-processor-real-leaked-slide-provides-details-on-stout-chip.211380/
Relevancy 24.94%

My current spec is:

Intel Core duo 2 quad @ 2.4 GHz
305w psu
AMD 7770 gfx card
4 GB ddr2 ram
64 bit win 7 home prem.

I mostly play WoW and other mmo's... I rarely (and wouldnt be too bothered if I couldn't play them till next upgrade) play games with super high requirements like battlefield, gta etc and have the option to upgrade my graphics card to a 750 ti tomorrow (can get a new psu if needed).

or should I wait till next week and get a I5 + new motherboard and ram + keep my gfx card... link to exact model - http://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/b72/his-hd-7770-iceq-x.html

How would gaming be on a machine with the specs of:

Intel core duo 2 quad 2.4 GHZ
GTX 750 TI
4GB ddr2 ram

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-worth-upgrading-my-gfx-card-in-this-situation.212087/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hey guys I was wondering if I bought one of these if it would work it s a dvi-d to vga adapter The site says quot the adapter only works if your computer AND your monitor both support digital and analog quot I bought a new GPU but now I can t connect my vga output VGA question to DVI-D from my DVI-D to VGA question tv to my videocard There is a vga port but it s already occupied for my old crt screen On my older GPU I had a DVI-I port so I used a DVI-I to VGA adapter to connect the tv But now I ve got VGA HMDI and DVI-D ports I don t use the hdmi on my tv because the input lag is terrible cheap tv So I want to buy this adapter to fix my problem but I ve read DVI-D is only digital I m kinda confused on this My GPU and tv both support digital and analog as the site requests so is this gonna work or is it just a scam This also made me wonder why the hell they don t just put DVI-I ports on all videocards it s supports both analog an digital Which is far more convenient than having only a digital signal or am I missing something here Thanks for reading nbsp

A:DVI-D to VGA question

I've also found this adapter/converter. It's more expensive but it looks more trustable than the 1st one I posted.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvi-d-to-vga-question.211374/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi so I bought a PC about months ago and I love it It so far has been basically able to handle anything I can throw at it Though keep in mind I haven t tried that many strenuous activity though Keep Is PC? my GTA for good enough Processor 5 in mind Is my Processor good enough for GTA 5 PC? I am asking this question because I know nothing about PC s I bought mine pre made just picked a good but affordable one a friend said was good My processor is a Intel Core i - hq GHz Cores Now to my question Being a huge GTA fan I of coarse want to pick up GTA on PC when its drops So I checked the recommended Systems Specs and I seem to meet every requirement but I was unsure about the Is my Processor good enough for GTA 5 PC? Processor This is the recommended processor for play GTA on Pc Intel Core i - GHz didn t talk about cores Below are two links The one to my computer I want to play this game on and a link to the required system specs for this game As I mentioned Mostly want to know if my processor can handle it but It would be a great help as well if you could just check my specs and the recommended specs and see if everything fits or passes these recommenced specs Sorry If I offened anyone with just downright dumb questions as I said big Computer novice Thank you for your help Reccomended Specs http www game-debate com games index php g id amp game Grand Theft Auto V My Specs http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E nbsp

A:Is my Processor good enough for GTA 5 PC?

Check out the following website: Can you RUN It ; Follow the directions and it will tell you. Grand Theft Auto V is on the list of games to check your system against.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-processor-good-enough-for-gta-5-pc.211286/
Relevancy 26.66%

Actually what happened is I opened my cpu to clean out any dust so I cleaned it and even cleaned under the processor with a dry cloth.but when I tried to turn on the pc when everything was arranged,a black screen with a paragraph of error is shown.turns off the pc automatically.
My motherboard is fine,it shows a green light in the extreme end.
My processor is working great.
Hard disk is also fine.
But still it is not turning onn. Please help.

A:Processor Problem

Did you happen to have disconnected the power cable from the computer and press and hold the power button to discharge any built up static charges before opening and cleaning inside the computer?
You mentioned you cleaned under your processor. Did you pull the processor from the motherboard or was it still attached when cleaning?
Did you re-check ALL wires and connections? Try disconnecting all cables (to motherboard, hard drive, optical drive, video card, etc.) and then re-connecting said cables, making sure they are firmly seated.
Any chance you can take a photo of the error message and post it here?
May I suggest next time do not use a dry cloth, because you can actually build up static charge within the cloth itself and you could have discharged the built up static electricity into (or onto) one of the computer components.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-problem.210948/
Relevancy 26.23%

I have an Emachines D525 laptop. I have the specs listed below. I need help because feel that it could run faster if it was given a better processor to run on. I would like to know what processors I could upgrade to. Thank you!

Processor: Intel Celeron CPU 900 @2.20 GHZ, 2194 Mhz
RAM: 3.00 GB
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies LTD V1.16

Anything else needed, please let me know!

A:Emachines D525 processor upgrade

You can change your hd for ssd at least 100 GB . Buy a case for external HD, and use the original hd of her machine, as the same external hd . replace the memory of 1 GB for a 2 GB . Your D525 will be very fast.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-d525-processor-upgrade.167686/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi,
I want to learn how to manage ARM processor power management with LINUX (for example the Cortex-A53 MP Core).
Can someone recommend literature, a tutorial or web based information?
Thank you in advance
Manfred

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/arm-processor-power-management-with-linux.210897/
Relevancy 18.49%

I'm looking for an inexpensive router, any suggestion? The current router is downstairs, I plan plugging it in upstairs to boost the wifi. TIA

A:Router question

ASUS and TP-Link have some pretty good routers.. Do you plan to have Consoles (Xbox One, PS4, Wii U) using the network?? If so just ensure the router will properly support it as some older models may not work well with them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-question.208909/
Relevancy 18.49%

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit SP1 AMD E 300 with Radeon HD 6310 Graphics.
I would like to be able to play a few of the newer PC games but when I try they seem to stutter and do not run smoothly.
Do I need to install a better graphics card? If so can someone recommend what kind I could buy and install without a high cost?
Thank you for any advice.

A:Upgrade question

The AMD E-300 (codename Zacate) is a dual core processor for small notebooks and netbooks. It offers a relatively powerful integrated graphics card and a single ...Click to expand...

It appears you have a portable device that likely doesn't have upgrade options. If your device maker doesn't list upgrade options on their website, you can likely scratch this idea.

Portables (Phones, Tablets, Netbooks, and Notebooks) are not designed with upgrading in mind. They are small and very limited with cooling capabilities. And most of the time everything is integrated in small form factors and can not be replaced.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-question.209190/
Relevancy 25.37%

I currently have 2 x 4GB sticks to equal 8GB but I want to upgrade to 16GB total. Initially I was going to buy the same 2 x 4GB sticks again since I have 2 RAM slots spare, but then I read about dual channel/quad channel etc and basically want to know if it would be better to add 2 more 4 GB sticks, or buy 2 x new 8GB sticks. Thinking performance wise, the price isn't too different.
I have MSI Z77A-GD55 mobo, and my RAM is Kingston 8GB 1600MHz DDR3

Thanks in advance for advice

A:Upgrading my RAM, better to add, or replace?

For DDR3 there is no quad channel, either way would work fine, go for the cheaper.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-my-ram-better-to-add-or-replace.208842/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi there I ve been having issues with my PC lately and have been looking for a place to ask them I hope you guys don t mind Firstly my PC is awfully slow It isn t very noticeable until I play a flash game or something similar Instead of running like it should the speed is decreased dramatically - levels which take one minute to go through take me at least three Now I ve always known that my PC is slow but after seeing that it s that bad I ve decided to make an upgrade I ve tried to keep track of different components and the worst one appears to be my CPU At standby it processor? better need Do I a usually runs at around - and when I launch a browser audio editing software or a game Minecraft in my example it immediately Do I need a better processor? jumps to I m forced to keep my setting to a minimum for it to function The CPU I have is an Intel Do I need a better processor? Pentium GHz chip with GB of RAM usually at Do I need a better processor? around - even when busy I have GB of free hard drive space Also for two years now in the winter months my PC randomly freezes and crashes when running a high-demand program for a while I ve always shrugged it off to overheating my PC is right next to a radiator but now I m really starting to worry about permanent damage I really want to get this solved quickly if possible and would really appreciate any advice you can give So does my CPU need upgrading Or is it possibly my GPU My graphics card is ATI Radeon HD series and I believe it s dedicated though I m not exactly sure By all standards it seems to be good enough at least so I m blaming the CPU for now Am I correct Thank you in advance for any help -Mike nbsp

A:Do I need a better processor?

I think you are jumping the gun on this. You've mentioned the fact that the PC is next to a radiator so you need to put that right. Secondly, like a car, a computer requires some maintenance. You need to keep the inside of the tower clean using something like an air duster can. The hard drive needs to be defragged occasionally unless it's SSD. Do you run the Windows Clean up utility to reclaim wasted space? Programs starting up with Windows that you aren't using cause a further drain on resources. A free utility that can be downloaded called CCleaner makes it easy to check that out. As the hard drive fills up things slow down so are there programs you can uninstall or stuff you can save elsewhere? See if things run better after you've followed up these suggestions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/do-i-need-a-better-processor.208009/
Relevancy 24.51%

I don t know if this is the right place to put this so I appologize So my current computer specs are - Intel core i - k - Gigabyte Geforce GTX TI BOOST - Corsair Vengeance GB of RAM - Asus card for Upgrading games evolve future graphics the and P Z -V LX mother board - Corsair Gold AX PLUS Upgrading graphics card for evolve and the future games Power Supply So for the past days I ve been looking around at different graphic cards and I narrowed it down to these three EVGA GeForce GTX SC ACX GB G-P - -KR - - Must wait month Gigabyte GeForce GTX Ti GB Windforce - Can get it right now EVGA GeForce GTX Ti GB G-P - -KR - Can get it right now Now obvious reasons the is most likely the best of the three but also the most expensive one I would like to know if it s worth waiting month and get the if not bottle necked by other components or get one of the s instead Current games I play are Dying light and the reason I need a new card is for future games such as Evolve Batman Arkham knight etc I want to be able to stay frames Other suggestion are very much appreciated Also if you could explain why I should get that card would be awesome nbsp

A:Upgrading graphics card for evolve and the future games

If you don't get the 980, you will only be kicking yourself later. That is if you are seriously considering it.

http://www.techspot.com/review/885-nvidia-geforce-gtx-970-gtx-980/page5.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-graphics-card-for-evolve-and-the-future-games.208598/
Relevancy 43.43%

Ok first I know this is the hardware section but because of the nature of my question this is the best place I feel it should go I am upgrading my motherboard Upgrading cpu question mobo and and CPU from Asus M A TD-V EVO USB Xtreme Design ATX AMD Mobo and an Amd Athlon II x Ghz to ASRock Z Extreme LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard and a Intel Core i - K Sandy Bridge Quad-Core GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA Upgrading cpu and mobo question W Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics Now all hardware does work but my issue seems to be a software issue more likely than Win bit which I need to get a hold of the disc my brother has was a family pack thing Anyway my question is pretty simple I Upgrading cpu and mobo question hope Without doing a fresh install of Win bit is it possible in any form to get the new mobo and cpu working like maybe using the repair method or installing over the current installed win Os so I do not have to back-up a ton of data and re-install lots of programs Also is there Upgrading cpu and mobo question any other work-around that might help I do have a Tb external Hdd I plan to backup my C drive with either way but it would be great if I did not have to do a fresh install Again sorry if this is in the part of the forums nbsp

A:Upgrading cpu and mobo question

Just back it up, bite the bullet, and reinstall Windows to get things right. An intel mb is not going to work right with the AMD drivers installed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-cpu-and-mobo-question.208395/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello, I was recently given a Dell Dimension 2400 from a friend. It had absolutely no upgrades, however I had old parts sitting around and I gave it a bit of an upgrade. I put in 4gb of ram (however found out it had only supported up to 2gb, so I had to remove a card) and added a Visiontek Radeon 9200 graphics card in. Now, I have two processors here that look like the might fit, but I wasn't sure. So, I was hoping to get a second opinion from someone who has a bit more experience with this than I do. I have two spare processors

one of them is a Pentium 4 3.00Ghz (http://ark.intel.com/products/27479...g-HT-Technology-2M-Cache-3_00-GHz-800-MHz-FSB)

the other is a Pentium 4 1.6Ghz (http://ark.intel.com/products/27424/Intel-Pentium-4-Processor-1_60-GHz-256K-Cache-400-MHz-FSB)

Would either of them work? Also, would upgrading to windows 7/vista increase the support for ram? Thank you.

A:CPU upgrade question

Socket details:

Pentium 4 3.00Ghz is LGA775
Pentium 4 1.6Ghz is PPGA478
That is two different architectures.

Specs for Dell Dimension 2400

Intel Pentium 4 that runs at 2.2 or 2.4 GHz
internally and 400 MHz externally, or 2.266, 2.4,
2.53, 2.66, 2.8, or 3.06 GHz internally and 533 MHz
externally.

Intel Celeron that runs at 2.0, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5,
2.6, or 2.7 GHz internally and 400 MHz externally.Click to expand...

Please note this would be PPGA478 architecture not LGA775.

What CPU is currently in the computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-upgrade-question.208387/
Relevancy 18.49%

Greetings. I have an Asrok Z77 Extreme 6 Motherboard.

I currently have an I5 3570K in there. I believe my Mobo is LGA 1155.

Can I pull out the 3570L and drop in a I7 4790K? I 'think' they are the same socket.

Not sure if I will see any real increase in performance. I over clock the I5 to 4.2.

Any advice is welcome.

A:Question about my motherboard

Larsenex said:

Can I pull out the 3570L and drop in a I7 4790K? I 'think' they are the same socket.Click to expand...

Sorry, no. While your motherboard does have socket 1155, the processor i7 4790K is socket 1150. You'll need a new motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-about-my-motherboard.208311/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi my name is Rafael of Brazil, rode a computer gamer very good, the settings I put down. My CPU is theoretically very good, but I can not play with it, the cooler that comes with the processor does not maintains the temperature when the BF 4 game with full graphics of 50 fps, but a few minutes later he shuts down and restarts in the middle of the game I think the manufacturing cooler's fault, because he goes from 100 degrees (HWMonitor), I will put an exhaust fan and I'm thinking about changing the cooler, am among the Hyper 212 EVO and H60. What would be better to cool off without the need for overclocking.

A:A10 6800k processor with factory cooler. Hyper 212 or H60

I would like someone to help me, which of these coolers is better. Hyper 212 EVO or H60?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a10-6800k-processor-with-factory-cooler-hyper-212-or-h60.207197/
Relevancy 25.37%

My computer has an MSI Iona motherboard with an Intel Core 7 860 processor and 8 Mb RAM. It also has a NVidia GT230 video card which I would like to replace. Does anyone have any ideas?

A:Upgrading my video card

It appears that you have a PCI Expres x16 (2.0) slot, so any PCI-E graphics card will work. Check out this "best GPU for the money" article at Toms for suggestions at different price points. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-my-video-card.207814/
Relevancy 24.51%

As stated above I have a Dell PrecisionT with Intel Xeon quad core processors E GHz I T5400 on on I need my the upgrading CPU's Precision Dell advice am running a bit version of Windows Ultimate and have GB of ram memory installed I recently I need advice on upgrading the CPU's on my Dell Precision T5400 had a hard drive failure so I replaced my boot up drive with a solid state of GB for a quick start-up and I plan to add another solid state drive for my frequently used software Then I will add a Western Digital TB drive for data and what not that I don t access very often maybe some movies and records etc the computer is I need advice on upgrading the CPU's on my Dell Precision T5400 set up for or hard drives and I already have the terabyte drive so why not use it I need advice on upgrading the CPU's on my Dell Precision T5400 I am pretty sure my power supply is about watt so I have all the power I should think I will ever need My main question is that I want to upgrade my CPU s and I don t know how high I can safely upgrade them I also want to upgrade my video card as this unit is dependent upon a plug in card it has no integrated video but I know that is a different section on the forum If I could get some advice on upgrading my CPU s I would greatly appreciate it I am afraid that I may not be able to get much more performance out of this model but my desires are meager I have found that I enjoy creating websites and blogs so I want to teach myself with the materials I can find online It is surprising at the free information you can get to teach yourself if you are only willing Please forgive me for going on I desperately need some advice on this upgrade if anyone could spare me a few moments to point me in the right direction Basically I need to know where to find the information on how far I can upgrade the CPU s and I believe the RAM can be upgraded to MB but I may not need quite that much I also need to find a good deal on a video card I know that is for another forum but I seem to get the worst luck when it comes to obtaining a good video card Please feel free to offer any advice I am sincerely grateful for any help Eric nbsp

A:I need advice on upgrading the CPU's on my Dell Precision T5400

I have a few computers and none of them come anywhere near yours so I'm puzzled that you feel any pressure to upgrade. There may be some interesting developments next year with Windows 10 and new hardware worth splashing out on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-advice-on-upgrading-the-cpus-on-my-dell-precision-t5400.207724/
Relevancy 18.06%

This ink cartridge http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&sku=T048120[1]

Is labelled as "T048120-S" on some online stores... others it's labeled just as "T048120"

What does the "-S" mean? single cartidge?

A:Question about Epson printer ink model #

Probably means standard capacity.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-about-epson-printer-ink-model.207580/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello someone know if the I7 3820 is working with a graphic card pci-express3.0?

A:Processor compatibility

Check your motherboard specifications.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-compatibility.207381/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello

I'm really new to the tech/computer world, and know next to nothing about graphics cards. I was wondering if someone could help me figure out what graphics card I can upgrade my computer to. I have purchased the new Alien: Isolation game and would actually like to play it, I'm also ready to actually play a game smoothly without it freezing or lagging all the time.

Here's what computer I have so far as I know

HP-Pavilion

System Model: VD010AA-ABU p6126uk
Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002)
Processor: AMD Phenom 9650 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
Memory: 4094 MB Ram
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series
Chip Type: ATI display adaptor (0x954F)

now I know NOTHING about computers so apologies if the is any irrelevant info here or maybe even some missing please let me know

Thanks

A:Upgrading my PC for better gaming

Hey Darkeerantis what is your PSU (name and type or at least wattage). What is your MB (again name and type). How much free room you have in your case. What is your budget and desired performance.

Btw. your CPU isn't very powerful and the whole setup seems dated you might consider upgrading the whole rig.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-my-pc-for-better-gaming.207396/
Relevancy 25.37%

I was given my prebuild gaming PC (gateway FX6840) as a gift a couple years ago and, while it runs fine, there seems like there is room for improvement. I was wondering what I should upgrade to increase performance, and I am pretty new to the PC upgrading world.
current set up:
ATI radeon HD 5700 series
8 GB DDR3
1TB HDD
intel core i7 860 2.80GHz

A:Upgrading pre-built PC

What is your upgrade budget (How much can you spend)?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-pre-built-pc.207251/
Relevancy 24.94%

Yes I am aware that this desktop has a load of problems but Upgrading Gaming? an for eMachines ET1831-03 I am wondering if there is any way I could upgrade the power supply and video card for this specific Upgrading an eMachines ET1831-03 for Gaming? desktop I am not aware of what may or may not be compatible I have no prior experience with computer stuffs But I know the contents of the computer I am aware that there was a topic about this posted a while ago but the stuff suggested was I think retired The games I play are I will list them from most recent to least recent -Smite -Osu -Left Dead -Interstellar Marines -Minecraft -I have other games but I don t remember what to list All I want to do is basically have a graphics card good enough to play the latest games I don t care about exceptional performance or anything I just want to play in the right resolution with fps on low-medium graphics Now remember I m clueless so if I don t know what I m saying then just know that I m trying to explain myself xD Now lets see my budget is - If it s lower than or a little more than then it s fine Thanks Oh and I m Windows nbsp

A:Upgrading an eMachines ET1831-03 for Gaming?

Suggestions: Save money for building or buying a newer PC. You RAM is maxed out at 4GB (that is the motherboard max), which will hinder the performance of some games. Having 8GB of RAM is the "norm" for gaming now. If you want to upgrade a little now, and start saving money to get/build a better system later, then I would suggest the following:

Video Card - Your motherboard has a PCI Express x16 slot (Version 1.0), so to be compatible, I would suggest getting a 2.0 card - example: MSI GeForce GTX 650 Ti - $114.99 USD ($84.99 after rebate) from TigerDirect. I suggest this card because it is a well built card. It doesnt draw too much power from the PSU, but will still give you plenty of graphic power to play those games you listed at medium if not medium/high settings.

PSU - Ultra LS Series V2 500w - $39.99 USD from TigerDirect

This would leave you money to start planning a better build (which we can help with that when you are ready to do so).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-an-emachines-et1831-03-for-gaming.207208/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi all. So I was wondering if you guys had any opinions on gaming headsets for pc. My headphone jack for my computer isn't working so I don't think I can use any wired headsets (if I'm wrong on this please let me know). So I was looking into wireless ones, preferably $100 and under. The three I narrowed it down to were the corsair 2100, turtle beach px4 or 5 (from amazon or ebay) and the PDP afterglow kral. Anybody have any opinions on any of these ones or any other ones you would recommend? Thanks for any help on this!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-gaming-headset-question.207127/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hey, I wanted to update my cpu stock heatsink to something new sense this one sucks and I was gonna get
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099
for my cpu http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113348
but I wasn't sure if that huge cpu heatsink would fit in my case, could anyone give me advice whether it will or not I am still new to building, Thanks!
This is my case - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147166

A:Cpu heatsink question

You can try to use partpicker (needs a valid email to save parts list) to test your builds. a warning will show for any possible incompatibility.

https://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/Click to expand...

based on newegg product, it seems able to handle 'full sized cpu coolers'

Rosewill Line-M
This review is from: Rosewill LINE-M Micro-ATX Mini Tower Computer Case, Dual USB 3.0, come with Dual Fans, Support up to 4 Fans, 12.5" card-Retail

Pros: Size, Appearance, USB 3.0 Front Panel. I own two of these one with fx8350 and one intel 4770 both with r9 280x gfx cards. Cable managment is tough but I expected that with the amount I packed into this form factor. Keeps my gfx cards around 70 degrees on stock settings. Fits full size CPU coolers. This is just about the perfect size for a computer case in my opinion.
Cons: bent the back panel slightly removing cut outs for PCI and PCIe mounts other than that no complaints really.
Other Thoughts: Get a modular PSU for this case.Click to expand...

based on partpicker:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Bb4TJxClick to expand...

Compatibility Notes
Unable to verify the Rosewill Line-M MicroATX Mini Tower Case and the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler are compatible.Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-heatsink-question.206154/
Relevancy 18.49%

My gaming computer turned in February and now that it s no longer under warranty things are going wrong This week in the middle of a project the machine rebooted on its own It restarted but shortly after did replacement PSU question it again and again I still have free tech support and two tech s offered help on what could be causing it First I replaced the cooling system thinking the PSU replacement question one installed failed and the cpu was overheating doing it It still rebooted I purchased software called Hardware Monitor to see if the power supply voltage was bad but it seemed ok then I swapped out the memory in case there was a bad stick It still rebooted My support tech feels it still could be the power supply and suggested I replace it I was told that I would need to buy the exact model and that buying any other would require a complete rebuild of my PC Since the computer is years old the power supply isn t sold anymore I was wondering if it s true that my computer would need to be completely rebuilt if I bought a PSU that wasn t the same The power supply is a Enermax Galaxy EVO w model egx ewt My computer was made by Digital Storm More system details available if needed nbsp

A:PSU replacement question

1. What hardware do you have in your system that needs such power? We need your hardware specs: CPU, GPU, amount of RAM, drives, etc.
2. Why does he believe a complete rebuild is necessary because that particular psu isn't made anymore? Is it a special size? If your case is to standard specs then see point #3.
3. Who is this support tech? Does he work for Digital Storm by chance? Check these psu's that will more than meet your power needs: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...07657 600479299&IsNodeId=1&name=1200W - 1499W
4. Before you spend any $ find someone who has a digital volttage meter and test your psu to see if that is really the cause.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/psu-replacement-question.205941/
Relevancy 26.66%

Which 1 is better -
1)Exynos 5260 ; Quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex A7 & dual-core 1.7 GHz Cortex A15 with 2 GB RAM
OR
2)Qualcomm MSM8928 Snapdragon 400 ; Quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A7 with 1.5GB RAM??

A:Smartphone processor comparison

Definitely the Exynos 5260, no question about it! It is really a 6 core CPU since it uses the 4 Cortex A7 CPUs to process regular loads and it taps into the 2 A15 CPUs when it needs extra power.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/smartphone-processor-comparison.205273/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi guys,
My wife's Galaxy was hacked and sent emails out to her entire contact list.
The message contains a link that may provide a clue to who did it.
Is there a way to possibly isolate and open the link to view it without letting whatever it is destroy/spread/etc?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/odd-smartphone-question.204534/
Relevancy 43%

Hey guys just another quick question about my motherboarding and CPU. Currently I am not satisfied with my CPU at all and I'm thinking of upgrading to this
http://www.novcomputer.bg/bg/i5-4670-34g-6mb-box-lga1150.html
and my current motherboard is this
http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Product/Product_Detail.aspx?DetailID=1091
on that ^ website it says that my current motherboard supports the CPU that I linked, however my PC technician says that I also have to upgrade to a newer motherboard that can support that CPU that I want. My question is is that really the case? Can my motherboard run that CPU or is it really too old?
Again thanks for reading/helping

A:Upgrading CPU, question about motherboard compatability

Vidosoli said:

Hey guys just another quick question about my motherboarding and CPU. Currently I am not satisfied with my CPU at all and I'm thinking of upgrading to this
http://www.novcomputer.bg/bg/i5-4670-34g-6mb-box-lga1150.html
and my current motherboard is this
http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Product/Product_Detail.aspx?DetailID=1091
on that ^ website it says that my current motherboard supports the CPU that I linked, however my PC technician says that I also have to upgrade to a newer motherboard that can support that CPU that I want. My question is is that really the case? Can my motherboard run that CPU or is it really too old?
Again thanks for reading/helping Click to expand...

No, that motherboard is LGA 1156 while the i5 4670 is LGA 1150. You would need a new motherboard to go with that CPU>

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-cpu-question-about-motherboard-compatability.204453/
Relevancy 18.49%

I am using a corsair H60 liquid cooler. Am I going to get better cooling results by putting the radiator on the top of the case and sucking room temp air in through the radiator and then pushing it out back with another fan(plus a front fan intake also). Or am I not going to notice anything by just having my front intake fan and push the air out through the radiator with a fan? Thanks.

A:Cooling question

It is probably best to push air out of the case with the radiator since that will probably lessen the amount of dust that comes into the radiator. That is my opinion though. Maybe someone else thinks otherwise.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cooling-question.204467/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello guys,

I am new here in techspot. I hove you can help me guys. When I open my laptop and run dxdiag processor appears but when I start to use my laptop become very slow. sample screenshot. thnaks.

A:Processor goes to n/a

1. Does your laptop feel hot when it starts to become very slow?
2. Did you update your AV, Malwarebytes then do a full scan?
3. if you have done all that and nothing is found next is update all your drivers & windows

If after all those 3 it still becomes slow just post back with results

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-goes-to-n-a.204376/
Relevancy 25.8%

HI Will this processor fit a
Biostar TA970 Socket AM3+ 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard.Have now find out it dosent so disregard.

A:AMD phenom 9650 quad core processor 2.30ghz

http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=623#cpu

You mean the Phenom 965BE 3.4ghz quad core? If so that's an AM3 cpu and it shows support for it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-phenom-9650-quad-core-processor-2-30ghz.203920/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello I am looking to upgrade my current pc will post specs below and am wondering what will give me the most bang for my buck as my budget is limited a $600 with budget only Upgrade question and I may not have the funds to upgrade again for a while Current PC specs Intel Core i LYNNFIELD GHz GB ram and a Geforce EVGA GTX ti GB I was set to order a new MB ram cpu and another GTX ti to run sli My new pc would have been this was all within my budget Intel Core i - K Processor GHz GB ram ASUS Z PRO LGA Motherboard Geforce GTX ti GB x Ive had some people recently tell me the most bang for the buck would be just spending almost all of it on a video card as thats where the bottleneck for most games is I can see that being true but my cpu ram and mb are about years old I still think Upgrade question with only a $600 budget id get more performance for the overall package but im far from an expert and could use any advice and or suggestions Also im a but Upgrade question with only a $600 budget hung up on going from a I to a I but the newer cores have to make up for whatever difference there may be right Thanks and sorry if I put this in the wrong spot nbsp

A:Upgrade question with only a $600 budget

Does your current system not support SLI?

And does you PSU provide enough power for the two 660Ti?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-question-with-only-a-600-budget.203890/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi Everyone,
I'm new here so I'm not very aware of the things going on. But I'm desperately posting this because I want some good answers and advice regarding my PC. And I'll appreciate any response.

Now here's my question. I recently bought a PC but not the kind you'd want as a gamer. I want to know if it's possible for me to replace its current Video card to Higher one, I mean a Graphic card capable for gaming and compatible for my system. Also about the RAM, I want to know if it's OK for me to change it to like 16g? My current Video card is NVDIA GeForce GT 620 1g. -

A:Just a Simple Question :)

It mainly depends on your power supply, motherboard, and your computer's case on whether you can upgrade your video card. Chances are your power supply will be the most limiting factor on your machine. You could bump up to something like a 750 Ti without much concern about the PSU but anything higher and you'll likely need to change that part out also.

As far as the RAM goes it's all motherboard and what you've already got installed. You might end up having to remove some of your memory modules in order to put higher capacity ones in. That shouldn't be an issue with the Core i3 though - 16GB should be easily attainable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-a-simple-question.203779/
Relevancy 25.37%

Is anyone using one of these with a newer graphics card? like for say if I put a 270X would it just bottleneck even with a mid range card?

A:Any point upgrading a AM3 Phenom X4 955

With a bit of an overclock (3.6/3.8ghz) it will run games fine.

Your not going to win any benchmarks at higher framerates, but you can expect a solid 45-60 fps in most games.

I run Battlefield 4 on ultra spec 64 player maps at around 45 to 60 fps.

Phenom x4 965 and a gtx 670.

Using MSI afterburner to monitor cpu core and gpu useage, My graphics card hits 100% utilisation while my cpu is around 80% evenly across all cores.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-point-upgrading-a-am3-phenom-x4-955.203298/
Relevancy 18.06%

So I built my system using this SSD caching It works really well My hard drive is terrabyte and my Cache drive is a gig ssd Lately while a Intel Storage Rapid Technology question.. playing Star Wars the Old repubic I have been freezing Intel Rapid Storage Technology a question.. in game This freezing completely locks the computer I run Teamspeak and I can still push to talk and my friends can still talk and I can talk to them via this during the freeze What is odd is Cnt alt delete will not bring up the control panel to allow me to kill the game I am just stuck Normally I would say this is a Video driver issue I did cleanly reinstall the latest Nvidia driver and this will still occur sometimes Now when I disable RST I never get the problem I can play and play and play When I reactivate RST to maximized I can still play but its like a timer After about or days the Freeze will happen So my RST question is has the driver been updated since when I built my computer and is it possible to update this driver now without having to re-install Windows and all my programs If I am left with having to re-install I am likely to just fork over the money and just buy a gig SSD and keep Windows and or of my favorite games on it and use the Terrabyte drive for Music videos and storage nbsp

A:Intel Rapid Storage Technology a question..

Yep, there's 2013 versions for Win7.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Se...=Intel®+Rapid+Storage+Technology+(Intel®+RST)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-rapid-storage-technology-a-question.203611/
Relevancy 25.37%

Got this machine as a sort of a project..I use my laptop for workand general computing..just wondered could I get this machine up to a decent spec to play games?

http://www.pcworldbusiness.co.uk/catalogue/item/HP+Pro+3125+-+Athlon+II+X2+250+3+GHz/P115540P

above is a link with its current spec apart from memory I upgraded it to 4mb.. is this machine able to run a good high end graphics card I have been looking at the radeon hd7750.. dont want to buy it if its useless on my machine?

thanks in advandce for any help

grahame.

A:Upgrading a HP Pro 3125

I wouldn't waste money on it. WHy do you need graphics card? The specs are super-old, but you can still use it for desktop use .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-a-hp-pro-3125.203452/
Relevancy 25.37%

I would like to upgrade my graphics card, but have no idea about how to pick out an upgrade. My system, custom built, is an AMD Athlon(tm) 64X2 Dual Core Prosessor 6000+ 2.99 GHz 2GB of Ram. My motherboard is a MSI K9A2GM-FIH. I have a 500GB Hard drive and 600W power supply. My MB will support 1 PCIe x16 and PCIe x1 slots. I have a Nvidia GeForce 8400GS graphics card, atm, but I want to upgrade to the best my system will support. Please keep in mind that I will, also, be increasing my Ram to 4GB and hope to be changing my OS to Windows 7 in the near future. I have looked online, but all the technical stuff that they write about the graphic cards goes way over my head. I, also, use this computer for gaming. New games coming out for the Windows 7 platform that won't be for Windows XP. Gotta move on up. I know some will tell me to just buy a new system, but when you live on a limited income, upgrading is the best I can do. Thanks for your time and input.

A:Upgrading my graphics card

What's your budget? USA?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-my-graphics-card.202612/
Relevancy 26.23%

This is my Entire system spec Im looking to upgrade my processor but I need help Operating System System Model Windows Home Premium x Service Pack build Install Language English United States System Locale English United States Installed AM Boot Mode BIOS Secure Boot not supported eMachines ET G System Serial Number PTNBA Enclosure Type Desktop Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz AMD Athlon II X u kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache -bit ready Multi-core total Not hyper-threaded Board eMachines MCP PM-GM Bus Clock megahertz BIOS AMI P -A Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH N SCSI im with AMD is board? to my What Processor mother compatible this And new CdRom Device Optical drive WD Virtual CD USB Device Optical drive Generic- Compact Flash USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic- MS MS-Pro HG USB Device Hard drive -- drive What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this Generic- SD MMC USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic- SD MMC MS What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this MSPRO USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic- SM xD-Picture USB Device Hard drive -- drive WD My Book USB Device Hard drive GB -- drive s n WMAVY WDC WD AAKX- CA SCSI Disk Device GB -- drive s n WD-WMAYUL SMART Status Healthy Megabytes Usable Installed Memory Slot DIMM has MB serial number DE B Slot DIMM has MB serial number D B Slot DIMM is Empty Slot DIMM is Empty Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB free k FAT on drive GB GB free Operating System is installed on c Network Drives None discovered Users mouse over user name for details Printers local user accountslast logon Quentin PM admin UpdatusUser AM local system accounts Administrator AM admin Guest PM HomeGroupUser never Marks a disabled account Marks a locked account HP LaserJet Professional P w on IP Microsoft Shared Fax Driver on SHRFAX Microsoft XPS Document Writer on XPSPort Controllers Display ATA Channel Controller ATA Channel Controller NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller x Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this NVIDIA GeForce GTS Display adapter DELL WFP Monitor quot vis s n XX- JU -XXXXX- - S June Bus Adapters Multimedia Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller HP Webcam HD- Mobiola Wave Audio Device WDM Mobiola Web Camera Video Source NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device Wave Extensible WDM Realtek High Definition Audio Senstic PocketAudio Senstic PocketCam USB Audio Device Virus Protection Back to Top Group Policies No details available None discovered Communications Other Devices Hamachi Network Interface primary Auto IP Address Gateway Dhcp Server Physical Address A D Connection Speed Mbps Microsoft to Adapter Microsoft ISATAP Adapter NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Auto IP Address Gateway Dhcp Server Physical Address FC C AA Connection Speed Mbps Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Networking Dns Servers HID-compliant consumer control device x HID-compliant device x USB Input Device x HP Webcam HD- HID Keyboard Device x HID-compliant mouse Microsoft PS Mouse USB Composite Device x USB Mass Storage Device x USB Root Hub x Generic volume shadow copy WD SES Device E F G H I nbsp

A:What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this

That is an AM3 socket CPU which means it should be compatible with the Phenom II series CPU's. I looked up the board and it should still support up to a 95 watt CPU so any Phenom II X4 CPU with a 95 watt TDP would work on it.

Like This
http://www.amazon.com/AMD-Phenom-Socket-Quad-Core-Processor/dp/B002XNBQJQ

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-amd-processor-is-compatible-with-my-mother-board-and-im-new-to-this.202437/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi Guys,

I m considering upgrading my system starting with my graphics cards but I am wondering if the improvements will be minimal.

Radeon 4890 2GB - 256bit, 2GB GDDR5 RAM, 2.1 PCIE

I am currently running 8GB RAM and an I-7 nephalem. If I upgrade to a newer 7850 card with similar specs or even an R290 I would basically be buying access to the new DirectX with something like a 20-25% speed bump judging from some benchmarks I read over. Keep in mind I am using PCI 2.1 so I won't gain the full speeds of PCIE 3.0 in the new cards.

Will upgrading give me a worth while performance boost? Better use of money to wait till I am ready to build a new PC?

Just mulling over this info with some curiosity. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-from-4890-2gb.202156/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T430 that I configured with 4 gigs of RAM (budget constraints at the time). It is in single channel (Lenovo never mentioned this tidbit of info; the sad part is both my wife's and daughter's 1st Generation Thinkpad Edge came with 4 gigs of dual channel at 7 timings). My CAS Latency is currently 11.

I am wanting to double the RAM to 8 gigs dual channel and I have the option of CAS Latency at either 9 or 11.

This laptop is used for business such as Office work, internet, email, streaming video, etc. In real world applications would I even notice the difference between my system running either 9 or 11 timings?

Thanks.

A:CAS Latency Question

I dont think it makes much of a difference. But of course, lower latency is better, but it doesnt mean it will bring a big performance boost. The boost will be miniscule.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cas-latency-question.201710/
Relevancy 18.06%

So newegg is offering the Acer 29" B6 B296CLbmlidprz IPS monitor for about 350. Seems like a pretty good deal but I can't find many reviews on it. I was wondering if anybody had any experience with this monitor and/or if you guys have better options for someone who is looking for an IPS monitor below 400 bucks. I want to game with it as well as do some 3d modeling and photoshop work. So I need reasonable response time for gaming. I was also looking at the HP ZR2440w and was gonna get that until I saw this deal on newegg for a larger monitor. 24" models are fine but if there are good deals on some 27" inch ones then I would be interested in those as well. Any suggestions? Thanks.

A:Question on Acer 29" monitor and other monitors

Heres the link for that monitor.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA24G1GC2421

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-on-acer-29-monitor-and-other-monitors.201698/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have to be at a meeting in about 2 hours. We are on the beach in South Carolina. Our ISP, Hargray, constantly goes out. We are a condo association and have a group connection with little radio connectors in each building. We are more out than on line. I did a speed check and get a dl of 11.24, and an ul at 1.18. Does this matter in affecting my internet connection? I have an ipad and laptop and both get get nada. Please give me something to take to my meeting to make an intelligent statement. Thank you.

A:Internet Question Needs Quick Help

How did the meeting go?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-question-needs-quick-help.200367/
Relevancy 18.06%

I have a 128gb samsung SSD. I was wondering what updates I can remove to get more space on the SSD because windows7+all updates are currently using half of the SSD space and somehow only 119gb of the SSD space is displayed so I'm guessing that 8gb is reserved or something.
I'm currently removing the extra languages and those are giving me and extra 5,5gb space

A:Windows 7 Ultimate updates and SSD question

Somehow I think you have more installed than Windows and updates. Internet Explorer, Bing Bar, and Bing Desktop are the only updates I have hidden. All other Windows Updates have been installed. I wouldn't put all the blame on WIndows, if you have an install using 60GB.

​Anyone with more than 8GB memory and still has Pagefile and Hibernation, by default has more than 16GB used by these two files alone. I recommend using them only if needed. I personally don't need them and have removed them both.

Check and see if you have a Hibernation file. If you don't use hibernation features, the file can be removed.

Windows 7 ? Delete Hibernation File (hiberfil.sys)
To turn off or disable hibernation, type the following command at the prompt:
powercfg ?h off
This will disable hibernation and will remove the hiberfil.sys file from your system.Click to expand...

Monitor your memory usage and if you have more memory than you ever use. The Pagefile can be minimized. I currently have mine turned off, with 8GB installed. But caution though if you turn the Pagefile off, Windows will not be able to compensate for a shortage of memory and the Windows session will crash. While I am comfortable not using a Pagefile, I do not recommend others do the same until they are comfortable doing so. I recommend lowering the Pagefile size to 1GB, and if Windows needs more, the size will be automatically adjusted.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-ultimate-updates-and-ssd-question.200043/
Relevancy 24.94%

I built a gaming PC about 2 years ago, and while it still plays the games I play just fine, I'm itching to either build a completely new system, or upgrade some of the parts that are lacking. I am on a bit of a budget and would like to only have to buy one or two parts a month if I build a whole new rig. If anyone could take a look at my current setup and tell me which parts definitely need replacing, or if I should build something better that would be awesome. The details are in my profile. If the suggestion is to start from scratch, what is the best order to buy the parts in to make it a little more future proof? It would probably take me about 4-6 months to be able to buy everything depending on prices. Thanks in advance!

A:Advice on building/upgrading a Gaming PC

Here is a few options:

Upgrading the CPU to a FX-8350 would double the processing power.
Upgrading the GPU to a GTX-760 would more than double the graphical power.
If you don't have a power supply greater than 500W's, I'd recommend getting one before upgrading to GTX-760. If you prefer a different card, you can look up the recommended power ratings from AMD or nVidia, for the selected card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-on-building-upgrading-a-gaming-pc.199327/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi, I ran several benchmarks and recorded the results. The computer was an i7 3770 on an Asus P8H77-V with 16gb 1600mhz ram and a GTX 770.

After upgrading my entire computer (more specifically just building a whole new one and giving the old one away) except my vidoe card, which I added to my new system. The new CPU is a 4770K, the new mobo is an MSI Z78-GD65 Gaming, I have different RAM but the speed and timings are the same.

Anyway, I get lower results in benchmarks now Why could that be?

A:After upgrading performance is worse

The 3770 and the 4770K will provide similar performance. Now, If I read this correctly, the GPU is the same? If so, then you really didn't do much of an upgrade. More so, you just moved to a newer generation with a unlocked processor (K).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/after-upgrading-performance-is-worse.199651/
Relevancy 25.37%

Would like to upgrade the graphics card for my XPS 420. I have come across this; http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sapphire-Va...UTF8&colid=MEVJOHUZHUSX&coliid=I23Z4I8JDXF8XQ
but am not sure if it is good enough or if it will work with my system. Can I please have some help with this?
thanks

A:Upgrading Dell XPS 420

Upgrading graphics are dependent on card slot design, power requirement, and driver support.

If I remember correctly the XPS 420 has a PCIe x16 slot, so you should be fine with any of the current cards. A single PCIe x16 card slot has been a standard for all motherboards since the introduction of Core2.
Please check the power output of your power supply and make sure is it adequate for the card you have chosen. Power output is measured in total wattage.
Physical space within the case could limit the length of card chosen. The XPS 420 seems to be a larger case so only the longest of cards should be an issue.
Older operating systems may not have driver support for newer cards. Newer operating systems may not have driver support for older cards. Again I think this is a non-issue, if I remember correctly XPS 420 is either XP or Vista. Both operating systems are still currently supported by both nVidia and AMD.
I hope I didn't bore you, selecting a graphics card is pretty straight forward with only a few requirements. Since the card slot and driver support is basically a non-issue. The only other requirement that will rain on your parade is the power supply and physical space available. Your options for cards are huge, from what I can tell.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-dell-xps-420.199628/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi there Tech Forum thanks in advance for your help - I have a question about a LAN and stuff There is a modem and a wireless router with LAN ports In one of them there is conected also a switch Network LAN Question with LAN ports - Some weird things have been going on I always get a wireless connection so LAN Network Question no problem there Issues appear with the wired network On one hand I had many times an unidentified network a x x x ip and no LAN Network Question network Nothing changed in configuration on my box or the router and got to connect at MB s while if connected through wi fi I got LAN Network Question more than MB s From a moment on again unidentified network and no signal in the adapter a yellow light would blink quick So now after touching the cable and a little bit of despair not driven to the computer by the way I have a full conection by lan and by wi fi both at a good speed AND weird for me a green light on and the same yellow blinking - So main questions are - What does the green light ON not blinking means - Could there be a difference due to the cable manipulation - Is there a gost inside my router D Thanks a bunch to all of you I try my best to understand computers so now I am happy with the connection but curious on the rest - Regards nbsp

A:LAN Network Question

How new are these devices? Are you using new 'patch' cables? Is DHCP running on only one of the devices? Seems weird that "touching the cable" caused a change.

1. The LEDs differ, but usually one signifies a connection [on/off] and the second signifies activity [blinking]

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lan-network-question.199370/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hey guys, I've been looking for a GFX card to upgrade my HD6870. I've already decided to go with an AMD R9 280X, I just don't know which model to buy yet.

Right now, the MSI 280X seems like the best option to me. But I use 2 monitors and the MSI 280X only has these connections:
Dual-link DVI-I x 1
HDMI (version 1.4a) x 1
Mini DisplayPort x 2

The monitors I use are a BenQ XL2411T (144hz) and a NEC LCD22WV (old).
The BenQ has: D-sub / DVI-DL / HDMI x 1
The NEC has: VGA 15 pin D-sub x 1

Would I be able to use my NEC screen with the MSI 280X and use my BenQ at the same time, with 144hz refresh rate? I read somewhere that a newer type of HDMI supports at least 120hz, though I couldn't find a clear answer to that. I am willing to purchase converters if needed.

A:Simple question regarding GPU - Monitor connections

I'd connect BENQ via DVI, then use miniDP > DVI > VGA adaptors for the NEC.

Also I don't know what games you are playing, but you're not going to get 144fps @ 1920x1080 with a R9 280x on most games.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/simple-question-regarding-gpu-monitor-connections.199311/
Relevancy 18.06%

This is not intended to be a sob story but I just want you to know what it is all about. I have a niece that is slowly deteriorating from MS. She does not have much that she can do anymore but one of her enjoyments is playing a game called WSOP Challenge (world series of poker challenge). Right during Christmas the game stopped working and Sprint can't seem to help her get it back on her phone. She called me asking if I knew what to do and I tried but could not find any info on what she needed to do to get it working. Sprint told her to delete it from her phone which was not a good idea because I have found no where that she can download it from and put it back on her phone. Would anyone be so kind to give me some advice on how to fix her problem. Time is not on her side but what she does have left I want it to be very enjoyable. Thanks so much for your help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lg-rumor-phone-and-game-question-very-important.199220/
Relevancy 18.49%

Recently bought the GPU and realised that my current power supply wasn't quite good enough, so I went and bought an "emergency" PSU locally. Specifically an 850w PSU by Power Zone.

Now the GPU is amazing but sometimes I struggle to run some games on full settings, such as Assassins Creed 4, Shadow Warrior, etc. , and obviously I bought the card with intentions of running games on ultra with decently good FPS.

Now to the point, is it the PSU that could be holding me down? The recommended wattage on the AMD site stated it to be 750w. and I do believe that my system specs are pretty much good enough.

I'd also like to point out that a friend recently got a Radeon 7950 and claims to run above mentioned games on full settings with no problems. Again so he claims

Also included dxdiag info

A:Question about AMD Radeon 7990

May we ask what you and your friends PC specs are? It could be other variables at fault.

Never mind! Just noticed the specs are listed in the txt file.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-about-amd-radeon-7990.198993/
Relevancy 26.66%

Have a home computer (E6600 2 gig ram) The led and activity lites an power supply fan keeps running after it shuts down so I have been turning off the powersupply
When I turned the power supply on today I got a puff of smoke out the back
So I'm going to use my case,burners,hard drives,video card etc and upgrade
I'll replace the power supply use Window 7 64 bit, ram etc
I don't game ,mostly use the web burn DVD an blue ray later
I've used Intel an Gigabyte in the past with good success
I haven't build a computer foe several years so appreciate your help
I'll be getting the parts from newegg
Thanks

A:Need help selecting new processor and motherboard

A few quick questions for clarification:

You mentioned reusing your RAM modules, are the modules DDR3?
A new motherboard will likely not support IDE drives, are all your drives SATA drives?
Intel Core i3, i5, and i7

1st generation - LGA1156 (Nehalem)
2nd generation - LGA1155 (Sandy Bridge)
3rd generation - LGA1155 (Ivy Bridge)
4th generation - LGA1150 (Haswell)
If you want the latest and greatest, the 4xxx CPU's and the LGA1150 CPU socket is what you are looking for. If the second (2xxx CPU's) and third (3xxx CPU's) generation is good for you, the LGA1155 CPU socket is what you are wanting to look at.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-selecting-new-processor-and-motherboard.195369/
Relevancy 18.49%

For Christmas I got another mm case fan aerocool shark rpm and I tried mounting it at the top of the case to suck out hot air as I have intakes and exhaust already but I couldn t seem to get the right screws to screw it in at the top my case aerocool fan cooling Case question strike x gt came with long screws for the top of the case but they are too thin to screw into the fan So instead I mounted the new fan on the side door on the top fan slot by the CPU as an intake and today when I played a new game that I got for Christmas BF I noticed the CPU temps would get rather hot I am using the stock intel cooler bear that in mind I was getting a max temperature of about degrees C after a roughly Case fan cooling question hour gaming session Would I benefit from making the new fan an exhaust by the CPU or would I be better off or is there a secret way of mounting a fan up there at the top as an exhaust that I son t know about as I imagine that way would be the best way to do things Also my graphics card could handle BF at all max p with FPS Thanks EDIT - To clarify I have intakes at the front one rear exhaust and the new fan as an intake on the side door by the stock CPU cooler nbsp

A:Case fan cooling question

hopgop1 said:

For Christmas I got another 120mm case fan (aerocool shark 1500 rpm) and I tried mounting it at the top of the case to suck out hot air as I have 2 intakes and 1 exhaust already but I couldn't seem to get the right screws to screw it in at the top, my case (aerocool strike x gt) came with long screws for the top of the case but they are too thin to screw into the fan. So instead I mounted the new fan on the side door on the top fan slot by the CPU as an intake and today when I played a new game that I got for Christmas (BF3) I noticed the CPU temps would get rather hot (I am using the stock intel cooler, bear that in mind) I was getting a max temperature of about 80 degrees C after a roughly 2 hour gaming session. Would I benefit from making the new fan an exhaust by the CPU or would I be better off, or is there a secret way of mounting a fan up there at the top as an exhaust that I son't know about as I imagine that way would be the best way to do things. Also my graphics card could handle BF3 at all max 1080p with 60+ FPS. Thanks. EDIT - To clarify I have 2 intakes at the front, one rear exhaust and the new fan as an intake on the side door by the stock CPU cooler.Click to expand...

With stock coolers, the fan on the intel cooler is pulling the air through the heat sink off the CPU and into the case away from it. By putting a fan blowing air down on the CPU, you are pushing the air back onto your cpu thus keeping the hot air hovering around it.

I would suggest swapping to exhaust.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/case-fan-cooling-question.198885/
Relevancy 24.94%

Ok so I am thinking about buying a gpu for my PC First of all the specs for it here I was browsing through newegg and trying to find a decent gpu have a budget but then (graphic psu) upgrading computer card my Help and in a review Help upgrading my computer (graphic card and psu) I was warned about the size of the gpu and then I also realized that I ll need a new psu My problem is that most new gpus pci-e x are behemots in size apparently quot x quot etc and it seems they won t fit onto my mobo or will they I just don t want to buy a new gpu and psu just to find out that they won t fit This is the first upgrade I ll be doing to my Help upgrading my computer (graphic card and psu) computer Can anyone help me recommending me cards and psu or at least giving me a guideline of what size of card should I be looking at Also if I m able to use double slot cards or not Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Help upgrading my computer (graphic card and psu)

The graphics cards wil fit in your motherboard as you have a 2.0 16x PCIe slot and from what I can see your case can fit a dual slot card (as far as card slots on the back go) but I cannot find any details regarding the length from the card slots to the (hard drive cages?) edge of the case. The best way would be if you could measure the length from the card slots to the hard drive cages / edge of the case, then we can recommend an appropriately sized card and a new PSU based on the recommended card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-upgrading-my-computer-graphic-card-and-psu.198787/
Relevancy 18.92%

I have a Compaq dc5750 that would of had pc 5300 ram but it has none atm, but I have some pc 6400 will it work? I mean all the other specs are ok, but it's pc 6400. thx

A:Ram question

There is only one way to find out. That is to try it. If it does work it will not run at 6400 unless the motherboard supports that speed. If the motherboard only supports 5300, the memory modules will down clock to 5300.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-question.198686/
Relevancy 25.37%

I've had my eye on an GeForce GTX 660 2GB for quite some time.I have a standard Dell XPS 8500 right now and I'm planning on upgrading it sometime. Some concerns I have are if I will need modular power for this as well as if my computer will be able to handle this card? It currently has a 460W power supply, but some have told me I will need modular power in order to run this card. I am positive that it won't bottleneck considering I run an I7 processor right now. I could use another computer expert's opinion on if it would be able to work with this card! Thanks!

A:Upgrading my computer

I'm not sure why you were told, you need a modular power supply. Modular is helpful in cable management for cosmetic purposes. Modular is nice but it is not a requirement. I currently have a MSI GTX 660 and my power supply is Corsair CX600V2 600W, which is not modular.

Looking at the specifications for Dell XPS 8500, I don't foresee an issue. The GTX 660 requires a 450W power supply, and your PSU supplies 460W.

By the way, were you the one I replied to on Newegg?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-my-computer.198553/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi, Sorry if this is in the wring topic (I'm new to this forum) I'm thinking about upgrading 1/some of my pc parts for Christmas and don't know which ones are bad and need upgrading or don't need upgrading. I'm looking to play games like Dayz Standalone, BF4 ArmA 3 and games like that.
My specs just now are:

Processor; Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3300 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM); 6.00 GB
OS Name; Microsoft Windows 8
System Type; x64-based PC
Graphics card; NVIDIA GeForce GT640

My Budget is around 400 pounds
Thanks to anyone that can help !

A:Upgrading Computer

Sorry Posted this in wrong , it was meant to go In the gaming one

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-computer.198507/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forums and I have a dillema which phone should I upgrade my iphone 4s with. The two last candidates are the iphone 5 and the HTC One. I love both of them but upgrading to the IP5 seems like a smell step up form the 4s, especially with ios 7 ruining both of them. Whats keeping me from the One is the fact that I've been using ios for about a year after giving up on android's inconsistant frames (GS3 user) and higher quality apps...I'm mainly upgrading because 3.5 screen's really starting to bore me, any helpful info would be great

A:Upgrading the 4s

Your choice. 5S is the model I'd go for in the range, but I prefer Android.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-the-4s.197681/
Relevancy 18.06%

If I'm able to, how would I go about running a network hub from an existing port on the router?

I.E. Modem->Router->PCs/Hub->TV/PC

In theory I'm trying to run a wired connection to my room and have the ability to have my PC/TV and any other devices connected to the network physically, my wireless strength isn't exactly good and it's very inconsistent at best when it comes to my internet speeds makes it a bit harder to watch Netflix/Play games.

Any insight would be wonderful!

A:Question about a home network using a Linksys WRT54GS2

Modem > Router >

Then use a LAN port on the router to connect to a LAN port on the hub.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-about-a-home-network-using-a-linksys-wrt54gs2.197409/
Relevancy 18.49%

Is there a way to know where on a laptop/tower the wi fi signal enters the computer? I'm just curious. TIA

A:WiFi Question

The WiFi signal enters though the antenna... In a laptop the antenna is around the display. In a desktop the antenna is either attached to the WiFi card directly or contained inside a USB WiFi device

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-question.197374/
Relevancy 24.51%

Recently I was doing a research about a memory update for my G - LA Notebook and in many websites including the Netbook User s Manual I found that this Notebook could be upgraded up to Gb of memory So Upgrading Notebook Failure G42-365LA HP Memory I bought two RAM memories of Gb each one SoDIMM DDR PC - MHz according to researched specifications But the thing is that when I installed them I couldn t enter into the OS it sent me to the Windows Error Recovery window directly and whichever option I choose it reboots and it keeps doing that Well I tried installing just one memory alone and the result is different it came up with the BSOD giving me different errors each time I reboot the Netbook These errors are BAD POOL HEADER PFN LIST CORRUPT IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL I ve tried to reinstall the OS with memories installed but the result is the same My Notebook is a HP G - LA Windows Home Premium x Service Pack Intel Core i CPU M GHz I don t know if I was cheated by the manufacturer website and or the others websites that s why I need your help P S When I installed just one memory module I can see The Windows intro logo but just for two seconds or so And I tried to install quot Ubuntu desktop amd x quot with just one Gb memory module inserted and everything was good but it wasn t with the two cards installed nbsp

A:Upgrading Memory Failure HP G42-365LA Notebook

One of the stick of ram maybe bad. Try them each one at a time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-memory-failure-hp-g42-365la-notebook.197400/
Relevancy 26.66%

Athlon 64 x2 4200+ with a Asus M5A78L-M LX PLUS

If its not what would be a good motherboard thats compatible?

A:Is this processor compatible?

The Athlon will not work with that motherboard as it is socket AM3+

You need a socket AM2 board, Or an AM2+.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-processor-compatible.196617/
Relevancy 18.06%

My motherboard is a Z77 Asrok Extreme 6.

It has four dimm slots. I have One kit of 8 gigabyte memory from Gskill that is DDR3. 'dual channel' (11-11-11-28) PC 2133.

If I get another kit of 8 gig from ANOTHER vendor and its different timings can I put them into the alternate slots and have it work? Say I buy Corsair (9-9-9-9) PC 1600. Would the two kits work against each other since they are different timings? Is this NOT recommended?

Here is another better question. What if I buy the exact same memory from Gskill and drop them in as well? So I have two kits of dual channel 8 gig ram for a total of 16 gigs. Both kits would be same type/speed and latency. Will this work or do I need to use 'quad channel'?

Edited for spelling.

A:Question about installing memory modules

Larsenex said:

If I get another kit of 8 gig from ANOTHER vendor and its different timings can I put them into the alternate slots and have it work? Say I buy Corsair (9-9-9-9) PC 1600. Would the two kits work against each other since they are different timings? Is this NOT recommended?Click to expand...

I'm thinking that different timings will cause issues with Dual Channel functionality. I'm also thinking that Dual Channel only functions if all modules can operate in dual mode. If you are not planning on operating in Dual Channel mode, I don't think it matters. However the modules should operate with the same timing, if they are to be linked together.

Anyway without actually knowing for sure, those are my thoughts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-about-installing-memory-modules.196451/
Relevancy 25.37%

I am not the best with computers. But I do know that my current graphics card needs an upgrade.

Currently I have "Nvidia Geforce FX 5200" (AGP) which is only 128MB.

I have found one on BestBuy which is better. (I have giftcards)

I do not need a great one but just one that is somewhat better.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Radeon+...kuId=1306797793&st=agp&cp=2&lp=5#tab=overview

Now, before I order it, I just want to make sure it is compatible with my specs. This is were my dumbness comes in!

My computer is a 32 bit. Has 2.5G RAM. And the GI is AGP. Someone please help me!

A:Upgrading Graphics Card

The card which u choose is the right one but what im wondering is it worth spending the money? are u sure u will get the performance u want did u check which games are u planning to play and if will it run them make sure of all that before doing this buy because I can almost gaurente a direct x 10 card which is outdated by 4 years and which is a low-midranged card might not serve the needs list your games which your intending to play in the topic pls

+ what processor do u have

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-graphics-card.195403/
Relevancy 26.66%

I recently bought a computer which I will primarily use for work and web browsing but would also like to play the occasional game I would like to know if upgrading my psu and processor will help if it s possible and what to upgrade to My system information Operating System is Windows Ultimate my Am psu and able processor? i upgrade to -bit System Am i able to upgrade my psu and processor? model is Packard Bell Bv Istart Processor Gigahertz intel pentium Somebody has already told me the following Your motherboard has a PCI-e x port It will accept any almost any graphics card out there But your CPU will bottleneck anything that will play games decently Also the PSU Am i able to upgrade my psu and processor? with these pre-built PC is often of quality just enough for the system in question You won t be able to put a mid-range graphics card in it even previous generation ones If you want to use this PC for a little gaming a Radeon will do It does not require additional power connectors It might still be more than your CPU can handle but its around the lowest card you can get Still if you can you can built a nice little gaming PC that can run modern games for around nbsp

A:Am i able to upgrade my psu and processor?

Packard Bell PCs are notoriously hard to upgrade, I think because they use non-standard power supply and case connectors, like some Dells. Such an old system is not worth spending money on (I tried the same thing a couple years ago with a high-end Dell Pentium 4, and it was a waste of time and money - bottlenecks, freezes, BSODs, etc). I would start with a cheap socket 1155 board and an i3 or i5 processor, then it would be worth adding a decent video card and power supply.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/am-i-able-to-upgrade-my-psu-and-processor.196152/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello there everyone I recently found out how bad my AMD- APU was I thought it was decent but apparently not I have a GTX which I know from fellow gamers can run most games on high settings I was a little upset when I started to experience crashes but apprently it s because my CPU is complete crap which I honestly did not know I ve been thinking about what to upgrade too and so far I ve been leaning towards this baby here http www newegg com Product Produ E amp gclid CKmk PTLsrkCFcie AodwHYA A I think that will do me fine but I wanted to make sure I was all good just to be sure Specs that will be with the card are as follows GPU-GTX Motherboard- ASRock MB-A PR M Socket FM AMD A FCH AMD Quad CrossFireX SATA amp USB A amp GbE Micro ATX Motherboard Psu-GS watt I really just need this build to last until March or so then I ll be building a new top notch rig Thanks -Luke Here s another cpu I was considering http www newegg com Product Produ E amp gclid CN- -erXsrkCFUqk Aod QMA g nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-help.196060/
Relevancy 18.06%

I recently built a computer with the asus OCII GTX 770 gpu and ran a quick stress test with msi kombustor. I set the setting to no anti-aliasing and 720p resolution (not full screen) and ran the furry and tessy (gl4) stress test. At about 7 minutes my gpu got up to about 83 degrees C with fan speed at 100 percent. I stopped the test as I still don't know too much about stress testing and how hot I should really let my GPU get. I know the NVidia website says the max this card can take is about 98 C but I was wondering if at 7 minutes, 83 degrees C was normal or if that is too hot even for this stress test. Thank you.

A:Question about my stress test results for GTX 770

For a stress test, that's pretty normal on an GPU like that, stress testing pushes the GPU to it limits which most of the time is more than games will even push it. As long as your temp stays below the threshold NVidia says (Which in your case is 98) then your fine. I would however, if you want to improve the temp, see if you can improve the airflow around the GPU area, the Asus Cooling system is pulling in air and pushing it down on the GPU which means you have to move the air once its been pushed over the card. I would try adding a fan around the GPU exhausting if your worried.

But honestly, your fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-about-my-stress-test-results-for-gtx-770.195951/
Relevancy 25.37%

I have had this card for a little over 2 years. Now I want to upgrade to something better because I not only game, but hook my computer up to my Sony HDTV for movies and such.
My system Specs:
Intel core i7 960 (3.85 GHz)
18GB RAM (corsair vengeance? forgot)
512GB SSD (OCZ vertex 4)
EVGA GTX 560 TI Superclocked (want to upgrade?)
650w PSU

I am looking at maybe a EVGA GTX 760 Superclocked or around that price range of $250. I do not want to SLI my 560 because I don't think my PSU can handle it and heat issues.

Any suggestions or advice? Thank you guys in advance you are the greatest!!!!!

A:Upgrading from EVGA GTX 560 TI Superclocked

The GTX 760 is a good choice. Other option in that price range would be a HD 7950.

Btw playing movies through a TV doesn't warrant an upgrade since it's not GPU intensive. You should see a nice performance bump when playing graphically demanding games though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-from-evga-gtx-560-ti-superclocked.195869/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello all I received some wonderful help here in replacing my graphics card which is working out absolutely smoothly and so I m wondering if any of you would have any recommendations for going from 5.1 Upgrading to (or Surround better?) Sound stereo to surround sound for my computer I m a bit of an audiophile so I m looking for something that can produce the greatest audible range of notes sounds in the best clarity richness resonance possible - basically I m flat out looking for the best QUALITY of sound I don t necessarily need a subwoofer that hammers the floor but I m looking for something as crisp and Upgrading to 5.1 Surround Sound (or better?) immersive as possible hopefully within about dollars for the speakers willing to spend more for something fantastic that is built to last Stereo just isn t cutting it when I know that a few extra speakers can add a LOT of atmosphere to my games and music I have two cheapy Bose speakers right now I miss my second-hand haha I m less familiar with peripherals than with the hardware itself so whatever information you need - additional specs how many slots the back of my tower has - whatever you need to recommend me something that will work with my system just let me know Windows Vista Ultimate bit Intel Core Quad CPU at GHz GB RAM CX Corsair PSU quot NVIDIA High Definition Audio quot Under sound card my computer is just listing quot NVIDIA High Definition Audio quot yikes Does that mean this system doesn t even have a proper sound card It s a year old pre-built Dell Top of the line when it was released but a bit old even with the upgraded graphics and PSU nbsp

A:Upgrading to 5.1 Surround Sound (or better?)

You're not an 'audiophile' if you just know a few buzzwords like "clarity". Music is not encoded in surround (99%+ of cases), so that won't help you with immersion. Also, powered stereo monitors will give you the best quality for music. If you want surround sound for games, however, see below.

You have some options:
1. Use analogue outputs (like headphone plug, you should have at least three at the back of your PC for this to work) connected to a high-end Logitech or Creative etc 5.1 system.
2. Purchase a sound card (make sure it will fit) with Dolby Digital Live encoding, use the optical output, and connect to any surround sound system that has Dolby Digital Live decoding. This will give you the best quality.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-to-5-1-surround-sound-or-better.195628/
Relevancy 22.79%

I am looking to build my own PC as I can't afford £1,000+ to get someone to make one for me, I will be using it for gaming and communication and a little college work, I will probably be using Bullguard to protect it and OpenOffice instead of Microsoft Office with a Win 7 64bit OS.

Bearing this in mind what would be the best Processor for the Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz Quad-Core (BX80637I53570K) Processor and what would be the maximum Memory and Storage I could attach to it? ( I preferably want 8GB of Memory and 1tb of storage ) but I can be flexible.

A:What would be the best motherboard for a Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz Quad-Core (BX80637I53570K) Processor?

The CPU you want is the i5 3570K. That runs on the socket LGA 1155. When you are on a budget, any mid range mobo will suit your needs. Use the savings from the mobo towards a better HDD or even an SSD. You will also need a GPU.

I would recommend the ASUS P8Z77-V LK motherboard. As for RAM, 8GB is enough. As for the HDD, 1TB is great. I recommend the WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD.

Make sure you can get in a GPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-would-be-the-best-motherboard-for-a-intel-core-i5-3-4-ghz-quad-core-bx80637i53570k-processor.195497/
Relevancy 18.49%

My friend has a laptop and needs to get SD connectivity to be able to download into his computer. He has an HP 6565B laptop with an express card 54 slot. Is there an express card that has an SD adapter built in? Is the express card slot faster than usb 2.0? If not, I guess a usb 2.0 external card reader would be fine. Unless someone has a better idea. Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/express-card-54-question.195661/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello,

it's kinda weird but last few months my pc was getting slower and slower, and when I decided today to format my pc it wasn't needed anymore, cause I started my pc on, typed pass and right after I typed the pass it goes directly to my desktop, programs starts directly all the same. It's like my pc is fast again...but the question is why???

Regards

A:Performance Question

I am not really sure what the cause of this is, but it happens to me every once and awhile.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/performance-question.194990/
Relevancy 25.8%

Ok I I with thank upgrading, your need help you. ll I need your help with upgrading, thank you. do this in accordance with the guide I m looking for something that can play Skyrim on Ultra high graphics that being the example I suppose in accordance with the guide I d fall under quot gaming junkie quot price doesn t matter but I d REALLY like it to be about - dollar range if I HAVE to go up up and away I ll do it but its not what I m aiming for Ok this could be wrong but on the side of my gateway at the very bottom I see something that may be a power supply it reads rating - - Vac A A Hz Name Intel Core I Core speed it keeps moving but seems to be - and occasionally jumping to and but it mainly stays at - Mainboard manufacturer Gateway Model IPISB-VR Current Country lol America If you need any more info just let me know But TRY not to use acronyms I am here to learn as much as I am here to seek help so that in the future I can be the one offering advice thank you so much nbsp

A:I need your help with upgrading, thank you.

What is the model number of your Gateway?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-your-help-with-upgrading-thank-you.195622/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi!!!
I have a dell latitude c640 laptop ddr sdram, P4, 1.20GHz, HDD 30GB, L2 Cache 512 KB, and RAM 256 MB.
I need to remodel the laptop so that it can work with virtualization simulations & have atleast 4GB RAM. Can you kindly let me know the processor, motherboard, and specifications of other upgrades which will be compatible enough to enable me to reuse THIS very laptop just by upgrading it? Also let me know an approximate cost estimate.
I repeat kindly let me know the specifications of the above which will work with this series of laptop for virtualization simulations using Virtual Box, OpenvSwitch, Xen etc.

Thank You!!!

A:Processor & motherboard upgrade for my laptop

Laptops do not have standardized motherboards that will interchange. If and I stress IF there is a motherboard you can use as an upgrade, you would need to contact the manufacturer for the specific details. There is little to no way for anyone to know these details, outside manufacturing service department.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-motherboard-upgrade-for-my-laptop.195404/
Relevancy 24.94%

Please help. I have just purchased a HP Pavilion p62480ea desktop PC. This all worked fine out of the box.
I also purchased a Geforece GTX 650 Ti graphics card - when I put this in I'm getting no signal on my monitor - using HDMi and DVI cables. (I also installed a new 430w power supply)

When I take the graphics card out and go back to the GPU on the motherboard everything works fine.

I've read that going into the BIOS and turning off delete/uninstall the video driver in device manager>>>turn off computer>>>install the graphics card - has worked for others.
I've tried going into the BIOS but I'm getting no signal when I restart this way.

If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

A:No display after upgrading video card

Did you connect the six pin PCI-E power connector from the power supply to the graphics card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-display-after-upgrading-video-card.195568/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi, in the sound Blaster Z control panel should I set my headphones to stereo or 5.1 for the best surround sound experience? They are stereo headphones.

Thanks

A:Sound Blaster Z settings question

You'll only get virtual surround. Set it to stereo, then enable virtual surround (or whatever it is called).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-blaster-z-settings-question.195541/
Relevancy 26.23%

I'm having a problem with my laptop, it seems to have a massive drop in performance. I have a AMD Athlon II M300 (2.0Ghz, 1MB L2 Cache) dual core processor. After noticing the lack of performance I checked my windows base score (crude I know) and the score has reduced from 5.7 to 2.9 (it's pretty much halved) The laptop struggles to do medium powered applications and I'm thinking one of the cores has went down (is this even possible?) I've tried using cpu checkers and the speed what comes back is 2.01 ghz, is this right for a dual core, I'm not really sure how it works. Also this test was done directly after a clean install of windows. Any help and advice would be appreciated, thanks. James

A:Dual core processor problem

Check your power profile settings in windows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-core-processor-problem.195267/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hey People! I'm new here... Greets for everyone!

Anyway, I wanna build new system and now I am looking for the best processor to use?

As motherboard I am using Biostar Hi Fi A85W and I wanna put 6 GB DDR3 RAM on it. My graphics card will be my prior GTX 450. what do you guys think? my budget will be 200$

A:Good processor for good price?

Well, the best processor you can get is the A10-6800K which will work perfectly with your budget of $200. I believe the CPU is only about $150.00 at most retailers online.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-processor-for-good-price.194459/