Windows Support Forum

Can't change Pavilion display resolution after motherboard

Q: Can't change Pavilion display resolution after motherboard

Motherboard and processor failed on Pavilion p6-2133w with AMD A6 3620, AMD Radeon HD 6530D, Windows 10 Pro.I paid Staples Easytech Replaced to replace motherboard and processor with AMD A6 3650.The system is now identified as HP Pavilion p7-1154 Desktop PC -- I did not expect or know the product name would change.I installed AMD Catalyst Driver https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx which recognizes the Acer S201HL display but I still can't increase resolution beyond 640x480.Two questions.First, this may be a dumb question, but is the change from p6-2133w to a p7-1154 an issue?Second, one idea is that the BIOS should be "reset" -- which I thinks is the same as "flash?" -- so that it will recognize the hardware but I can't figure out how to do the reset.Any ideas appreciated.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Can't change Pavilion display resolution after motherboard

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Can't change Pavilion display resolution after motherboard

Greetings, 1. Only if you are in warranty. 2. You can enter 'SETUP" , set BIOS to defaults, and "save and exit". Staples replaced the p6-2133w MB with a similar board used by HP in a different product number. You should get HD screen resolution. This integrated graphics board may be HP OEM. Remove the AMD graphics driver. Let Win 10 install the driver and see if that helps. Install a discrete graphics card if the AMD GPU is not compatible with Win 10. Cheers!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-t-change-Pavilion-display-resolution-after-motherboard/td-p/5604702
Relevancy 70.52%

i cannot change my display resolution or color resolution from 16 bit, the only options i have r 2 color and 16 bit, how do i get to install/use higher resolution??, i recently formatted my hard drive and had to reinstall win 98, i installed a driver for sound card so i have sound again, but the resolution has me stumped, any suggestions??, thanks a million...shauna

A:display resolution cannot change

If you don’t have a CD with your video driver on it you will have to download it from the manufacturer’s site.

You normally install it through device manager – right click My Computer>Properties>Device manager and double left click on display adapters and then your card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-resolution-cannot-change.59940/
Relevancy 69.66%

I imagine that I've hit a hotkey.

A:How did I accidentally change my display resolution?

Dont think it was a hot key. In fact how to Geek, tell how to create a hot key. I think it was a malfunction Improper shutdown, an install or a power surge are the most likely causes

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/293856-how-did-i-accidentally-change-my-display-resolution.html
Relevancy 69.66%

The HDMI IN on my 34-a001a all in one stretches all inputs to full screen. A normal 16:9 picture is stretched to fit instead of using black bands on either side & maintaining the correct ratio. I can find no settings to adjust this.Any ideas?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Can-I-change-the-HDMI-IN-display-resolution/td-p/5682970
Relevancy 69.23%

How do I change display to 1600 X 900 in Windows 10? I upgraded to Windows 10 and now my display drivers are not showing in control plan. When I try to udpate my drivers it says they are not compatible.

A:Change display resolution to 1600 X 900 in Windows 10

Have a look in Device manager & make sure all drivers are installed.message edited by Johnw

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/change-display-resolution-to-1600-x-900-in-windows-10/236.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Window is too big to get to the buttons at the bottom of change resolution display. Tried left-clicking to move screen but it only moves it a 1/4" All 5 restore points do not work, there was an error when they were saved. Windows Backup and Restore does not work. It got thru 2 1/2 discs, twice before it said there was an error. I have run scans for Virus and Spyware, Nothing was found although i did remove Marketflip.FakeSearchandDestroy about 4 days ago. I'm thinking it's from installing Vista SP1. Vista did run faster after installing it for about 1 day. I've been all over the Internet checking out Vista forums, with no luck, it seems Vista is too new or i did something dumb that nobody else has done yet. Think i'll check into uninstalling SP1.

A:Unable To Change Resolution In Display Option

Hello Winger84 and welcome to BC The issue you are having could be related to the malware on your system. I see that you have an HJT log posted here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/137270/marketflipfakesearchanddestroy/ Because you have that log posted, DO NOT make any further changes to your computer: deleting files, editing the registry, using special fix tools, installing or uninstalling software etc. as this will make it more difficult for the HJT team to help you.Please be patient as the HJT team is EXTREMELY busy. DO NOT bump your log as the team may think that someone is already helping you. If you have not had a response by, let's say, April 7 add a response to the five days no response topic and paste in the link to your thread.To avoid confusion I am closing this topic. Good luck with your log. Once you have been declared clean and if you are still having problems with the issue outlined above and need the topic reopened, send a PM to a moderator.Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/137932/unable-to-change-resolution-in-display-option/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi guys,

After installing a clean install of Windows 7 professional I can't seem to get the resolution more than 800x600.
I went to the driver section and installed the right Display driver for my NB550D-111: version 8.812.2.2 of the displaydriver.

After a reboot, still nothing happens and I can't change the resolution.
Trying to open Catalyst Control Center results in nothing: i can't seem to open it.

I spent hours and hours trying to fix this issue but need help at this time.

Cheers,

Tim

A:NB550D-111 - cannot change display resolution after Win7 Pro installation

Solved! Installed "Acer Aspire One" drivers...

Thanks to the other forum messages, didn't looked over there :x

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?67285-NB550D-111-cannot-change-display-resolution-after-Win7-Pro-installation
Relevancy 68.37%

I am using a clean install of windows XP.

I have a Dell Dimension 2400 that will not change screen resolution for the
display. It all ways stays in very low resolution. I have looked Control panel
-Display-Advanced and I don't see any way to change settings. Under the Adapter
Tab it shows that every device is unavailable. So I guess I might need some drivers?
Where do I down load them? The Dell Site does not show vedio drivers to download.
Thank you,

Relevancy 67.08%

My monitor uses the resolution 1024 x 768, but this morning it's on 640 x 480?
I try to change the resolution back, but the Resolution option is greyed out?
A warning underneath says: If your resolution is below 1024 x 768, some items may not fit on the screen.

Any ideas how to fix yet another Windows problem?

A:Windows 7\Control Panel\Display greyed out my resolution change option

Check your display adapters under Device Manager (Right click My computer>Properties>Device Manager). If there is an exclamation mark next to your video adapter, then there is an issue. Try resintalling the driver (online or CD that it came with, doesnt matter to start). After the install, reboot the system and then verify that the resolution can be changed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/221786-windows-7-control-panel-display-greyed-out-my-resolution-change-option.html
Relevancy 67.08%

my computer only runs in black and white and 16 color i am not able to change screen resolution either

A:My Pc Only Runs 16 And Black And White Display Cant Change Settings For Resolution Or Color

^ [off topic] you could have given some details
abt your computer , OS and video card sothat
someone would be able to suggest a solution ...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/68239/my-pc-only-runs-16-and-black-and-white-display-cant-change-settings-for-resolution-or-color/
Relevancy 58.05%

Ok - First off Im using a quot Dynex TV as a monitor hooked in through a VGA port on the TV When I start my computer the screen jumps around and it says 'detecting signal' settles on x during boot When - issue resolution from monitor resolution my I windows?? can outside change windows starts to open it jumps again for a moment and goes to x the right setting for it I was playing Metro and its too slow in so I reduced it to x which apparently the TV cant do it just went black so it reset to monitor resolution issue - can I change my resolution from outside windows?? I was trying various resolutions some were too wide too monitor resolution issue - can I change my resolution from outside windows?? skinny etc and accidentally clicked on again screen went black and this time didnt revert I restarted my computer and now after the phase in boot it doesnt go to like it should but at the opening to windows where you put in your password it switches to after it jumps to adjust a few times it goes black like in the game it tells me detecting signal normal then no signal detected which is what it tells me if I have it on say component with my xbox turned off or video with my dvd player off or even VGA with the computer off for that matter What Ive tried I tried turning the monitor off and on to see if I could adjust the settings back while it was adjusting before going black but it just stays black I started up in safe mode which was x and it was ugly but worked I tried resetting the resolution but it only gave the base options and that was only for safe mode it didnt hold when I selected or and restarted in regular it went back to and went black I tried going through the TVs menu options and theres no setting for resolution the tv detects it on its own I tried switching to component with my on hoping itd readjust for the settings which it did and then have to readjust going back to VGA but it stayed black Basically I think I need to access some file and tell windows to boot in and not in if it helps I still had vista installed hence me being able to even do this so I can do it either through command prompt or preferably through vista in notepad I have a nvidia geforce vid card if that helps Thanks SO much if you can help

A:monitor resolution issue - can I change my resolution from outside windows??

does the Nvidia card have any software which could manage screen resolutions? If so you can try that in safe mode....

Also, tap F8 on startup, but instead of safe mode chose "enable VGA mode" which should cause windows to boot normally, but in 800x600 (or something of the like, that just about all monitors and TV's support)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/monitor-resolution-issue-can-i-change-my-resolution-from-outside-windows-496041.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi all,

So I'm creating a program for a friend but we are having trouble trying to display things in a 1280 x 1024 resolution.

Is there any way to create a custom resolution on my laptop or monitor of 1280 x 1024? Our monitors don't have this resolution listed in the display settings, or is this a driver issue?

Cheers,
StubbyHS

A:How to change the monitor resolution to a custom resolution

The resolution availability can be affected due to the graphics card installed. I will have a think about any other factors which may affect the resolution.

Screen Resolution - Display Settings

The tutorial's information box explains which factors that affect your screen resolution availability.

Hope this helps,

Harry

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/257294-how-change-monitor-resolution-custom-resolution.html
Relevancy 56.76%

i have a samsung monitor that have 2 slots, specifically for DVI & VGA
and i also have a GPU embeded: inno3d GT430 that also have 2 slots for VGA and DVI

i got this new DVI cable from a friend so i tried to upgrade my display from VGA to DVI

the problem is i cant see any differences between the two

things ive checked so far:
nvidia settings ressolution tab: converted it to 1920 x 1080, 1080p
windows resolution settings: 1920 x 1080 (Recommended)

so again, there are no differences between the two when i hooked them up, can anybody tell me any steps to make my display HD?

SPECS
core i3
4gbram
gt430
OS installed: win7 32bit

A:HD Resolution & Analog Resolution: they display the same output

Is it running at 1920 x 1080 ?

Why do you think you would see a difference ? VGA is analog and DVI is digital, that`s it, as far as I know.

Personally, I think Samsung monitors are terrible.

http://www.differencebetween.net/tec...n-vga-and-dvi/

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/292839-hd-resolution-analog-resolution-they-display-same-output.html
Relevancy 55.9%

..........hello,

a simple question......will a HP Pavilion 15-n034sa motherboard fit into a HP Pavilion 15-n083sa ?

help me obi-wan youre my only hope!!

A:will a HP Pavilion 15-n034sa motherboard fit into a HP Pavilion 15-n083sa ?

Actually that's a hard question, generally its not possible to install another motherboard, sometimes it is. In this case one is an AMD platform and the other is an Intel platform, there could be tons of differences in mounting holes, physical design, clearance, connectors, heat dissipation requirements, cooling systems, etc. Laptops are not like desktops that use more standardized designs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-a-hp-pavilion-15-n034sa-motherboard-fit-into-a-hp-pavilion-15-n083sa.1143967/
Relevancy 53.75%

I just purchased a Dell XPS 410/9200 computer and separately bought a Samsung 941BW 19" widescreen LCD display whose native resolution is 1440 x 900. The computer came with the NVidia GeForce 7300 graphics card and the Windows XP Home Edition operating system. When we tried to follow HitSquad's advice to PaulInAustin on 12/14/2006 there was no "Add" button in the window for screen resolutions and refresh rates.

Samsung technical help tells us to call Dell, and Dell tech support seems clueless about this problem. With all the widescreen displays being sold, surely they've addressed this issue!

A:Setting Display Resolution For New Widescreen Display

Hi fishinswede, welcome to BC.There should be a driver disc for the monitor itself that came in the box. Did you install it and is windows identifying the correct monitor model?And just so we're on the same page, you did also first uninstall the old drivers then re-install the upgraded drivers (forceware 93.71) for the video card itself from the Nvidia link here?You may also wish to try a somewhat older version here. It's the one I still use because it's the most stable I have found for my system.The only reason I can see that the add button wouldn't be there is that the monitor is not being identified correctly, either because of the driver or the monitor itselfIf you have done the above and have another monitor laying around, preferably a crt, temporarily hook it up and see if the "add" button is now an option. If it is, add the new resolution settings then hook up your new monitor. It's a long shot but worth a try. You also want to start in a lower resolution then the one you're trying to add. Bump it down to an ugly 800x600, then see if the add button is an option. You should altimatetly end up with a menu resembling thisLet us know what you come up with.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/77572/setting-display-resolution-for-new-widescreen-display/
Relevancy 52.03%

I've seen a Pavilion 550-108na with A10- processor, 8GB RAM, 1TB HD and 128GB SSD. Does anyone know what the maximum display resolution is on this pc. Will it support 4K? Regards Mark

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/pavilion-550-108na-Maximum-Resolution/td-p/5750729
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello to everyone out there. I have a quick question to anyone who might have a possible solution. When I play a dvd through the media center, it plays much too large (even the title menu options don't fit on the screen) however it should play in, mostly, a widescreen format. Also the resolution has now changed.

I have tried the properties options and changed the screen resolution, but to no avail. I have also tried to uninstall the Intel chipset family, but also not a fix.

Any other suggestions?

A:hp pavilion media center/DVD resolution

What software player are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-media-center-dvd-resolution.69466/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello I've been having problems with my computer starting yesterday There is a program that wants to change my registry information my display properties and there are a bunch of popups when I go to the internet Any help will be greatful Thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe C Program Files Digidesign Drivers MMERefresh exe C Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkService exe C WINDOWS System DVDRAMSV exe C WINDOWS ehome ehSched exe C Program Files Common to my change information, Spyware display change properties, wanting popups! registry Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exe C Program Files ewido security suite ewidoctrl exe c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system TPWRTRAY EXE C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchED TouchED Exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Wireless Hotkey TosHKCW exe C WINDOWS system TFNF exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exe C WINDOWS system Spyware wanting to change my registry information, change display properties, popups! TDispVol exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C toshiba ivp ism pinger exe C PROGRA VERIZO SMARTB MotiveSB exe C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exe C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C WINDOWS Spyware wanting to change my registry information, change display properties, popups! ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS System THotkey exe C Program Files DIGStream digstream exe C WINDOWS ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files ESPNRunTime DIGServices exe C Program Files LogMeIn LogMeInSystray exe C WINDOWS system ezSP Px exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files s stem w wexec exe C DOCUME Owner APPLIC ASEMBL msconfig exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C Program Files LogMeIn LogMeIn exe C Program Files LogMeIn RaMaint exe C HJT HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www toshiba com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - EE B -F - BB- FB-A BD B A - C Program Files SurfSideKick SskBho dll F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe qxjnler exe O - HKLM Run Tpwrtray TPWRTRAY EXE O - HKLM Run TouchED C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchED TouchED Exe O - HKLM Run TosHKCW exe quot C Program Files TOSHIBA Wireless Hotkey TosHKCW exe quot O - HKLM Run TFNF TFNF exe O - HKLM Run TFncKy TFncKy exe Type O - HKLM Run TDispVol TDispVol exe O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run Pinger c toshiba ivp ism pinger exe run O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installquiet O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run Motive SmartBridge C PROGRA VERIZO SMARTB MotiveSB exe O - HKLM Run LtMoh C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exe O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe O - HKLM Run DigidesignMMERefresh C Program Files Digidesign Drivers MMERefresh exe O - HKLM Run THotkey C WINDOWS System THotkey exe O - HKLM Run StTH... Read more

A:Spyware wanting to change my registry information, change display properties, popups!

Do not create a new thread for the same issue. Your other thread has been deleted. A 24 hour period must pass before a bump is allowed.

Please read this thread:

http://www.techsupportforum.com//sec...ijackthis.html

Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Before begining the fix, read this post completely. If there's anything that you do not understand, kindly ask your questions before proceeding. Ensure that there aren't any opened browsers when you are carrying out the procedures below. Save the following instructions in Notepad as this webpage would not be available when you're carrying out the fix.

It is IMPORTANT that you don't miss a step & perform everything in the correct order/sequence.

You have mutiple infections, and this will take several passes to get it all.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download the file - combofix.zip
Within it, double-click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts given
Depending on the severity of your infection, it may reboot your machine 1-2 times.
When it's done, it shall produce a report which you should post back here. Should it not open, it it located at C:\combofix.txt

Also post a new HJT log.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/spyware-wanting-to-change-my-registry-information-change-display-properties-popups-102189.html
Relevancy 51.17%

The maximum resolution shown on the display menu is 1920 X 1080.  My new 4K UHD (3840 X 2160) display is not clear.  What do I need to do to boost the resoltion for my new display?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/How-can-I-get-3840-X-2160-resolution-out-of-my-Pavilion/td-p/5845101
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi everyone thanks for looking Im running into a particular problem that I cant seem to find the reasons or the settings I watch HBO GO i have a valid subscription on my Windows Home laptop and use an HDMI cable to connect my TV Scenerio If I leave the close the lid power option on hibernate I must leave the laptop open and when I connect the HDMI the TV it becomes my monitor and I view as the monitor and watch anything full screen no problem Scenerio I change the power option on the lid close to quot External when settings change Power change? display options do nothing quot When the HDMI cable is hooked up if the laptop is open it uses the laptop display External display settings change when Power options change? if its closed it displays through the HDMI TV This is perfect and exactly what I want I can watch as the monitor no problem HOWEVER if I choose full screen I get gray borders and the quot Full Screen quot is not full and just centered I can not for the life of me figure out why and Im going crazy Does anyone know why the power option would have an effect on this and what settings I could change Many Thanks in Advance Max nbsp

A:External display settings change when Power options change?

Check to see what resolution your laptop's display is at, what the external TV resolution is when you connect it to your laptop, and MAYBE what resolution the videos you're watching are. This just sounds like a resolution issue. If the TV is at a larger resolution than your laptop's resolution, change the TV's resolution to the size your laptop is at. Then try watching a video to see what happens. Hope this helps.
-Lance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/external-display-settings-change-when-power-options-change.1043683/
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm wondering about getting a 4K UHD external monitor for my Pavilion dv7-6b32us Entertainment PC, and would like to know that maximum output resolution of the VGA and HDMI ports. Currently, I'm outputing using VGA at [email protected] Thanks in advance!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Maximum-Video-Resolution-for-4K-of-Pavilion-dv7-6b32us/td-p/5766445
Relevancy 50.74%

My motherboard resolution (when I turn on my computer and it shows F1 for Boot Setup etc) looks like it has a resolution of 800x600 on my 1920x1080 monitor.

I found a driver page for my motherboard (ASRock Extreme3) ASRock > Products > Motherboard > 970 Extreme3 > Download

& http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.as...reme3&o=Win764

I don't know much about updating motherboards and stuff, does this do anything for that? I'd really love for it to fit my monitor.

A:Motherboard resolution

Are you talking about the white text on a black background that flashes by for a few seconds during the beginning of the boot process?

Or are you talking about what your screen looks like after the booting is done and you are looking at your normal desktop and icons?
The latter should be easily adjusted within certain ranges.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/211806-motherboard-resolution.html
Relevancy 49.45%

my windows 7 resolution change to 800*640 when i go to windows xp and come back to seven

A:Resolution change (Help)

Welcome to seven forums.Your going to need to supply some more information on your systems specs to get help. first which version of 7 32 bit or 64 bit, also the make and model number of your graphics card. thanks. Fabe

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/37575-resolution-change-help.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I am trying to help out a friend with their computer! The resolution will not change! I have went online and downloaded latest drivers for monitor, but it did nothing. The monitor place said if I could not change the resolution it was a video driver problem. I do not know how to find out what kind of video card they have for their computer. They have no documents for the computer. They have win98. It will only run 16 color or 2 color. How do I find out what kind of video card they have or is there somthing else I can do?

Relevancy 49.45%

yo fellas i have a problem ,i cant change my screen resolution on my monitor past 640 by 480, anybody has any ideas, oh by the way its a dell 17 in crt plug and play

A:cant change resolution

Hi
Do you have the correct drivers for the mobo installed? What abt the vid card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-change-resolution.34870/
Relevancy 49.45%

I was using a 20inch widescreen monitor, it died out today. I plugged in my 15in back up and it says cant display screen mode since i had the resolution set to 1680x150 when by back up monitor only supports 1024x768. Is it possible to change the resolution in setup? What can i do?
Thanks

A:change resolution

Start up in safe mode and set the screen to what resolution to what
you need. Start in safe mode by pressing f8 key prior to windows

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/change-resolution-195866.html
Relevancy 49.45%

hi i have a problem with changing resolution on my machine and need some help.

i have a packard bell 1015 monitor and the graphics card is a NVIDIA Geforce2 MX 200 card.
the graphics card should easy allow for a screen resoluton of 1024x768 but i can only get 800x600 and 640 480.
iv installed new drivers for the card but they dont seem to do anything.
i dont know what the problem is?
is it the monitor that wont allow that resolution?

A:resolution change

It is quite possible that it is limited by the monitor. Especially if windows installed a generic monitor. Check the PB website and see if there is a download for your monitor that will allow you to reach the resolution you want.

http://www.packardbell.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolution-change.127312/
Relevancy 49.45%

got a new game, it start at 800x600 so i tried to change it to a higher resolution, i pressed apply and the monitor turned black , saying out of range , well i would understand if i would have placed the resolution 2000x2000 or something but i cant even put it on 1024x768...
my monitor resolution is 1280x1024 so i dont see the problem my monitor refresh rate is 60
well anyways , when i play a new game on 800x600 i feel bad its like playing runescape or something

P.S. my video driver is updated

forgot to mention , i tried putting lines like height and width in the target area of the launcher , when launched the game didnt even react to those commands everything was the same when i first started it

Relevancy 49.45%

I recently upgraded to Windows XP Pro, and I'm using the Intel 810 Chipset. Everything works fine, except the screen resolution. I have the latest driver for my Intel (R) 82810 Graphics Controller, but I need to get to 256 colors, at least. Please help!! Thanks!

A:Can't Change Resolution in XP Pro

and welcome to the Forum

If you cannot set it to 256 colors you do not have the graphic card drivers installed.

What Brand/Model is this pc?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-change-resolution-in-xp-pro-357179.html
Relevancy 49.45%

When I tryed to go in and change the resolution, I was un able to get to where you control the display.
Right clicked the desktop > properties and nothing happened.
Control Panel > clicked on Display and nothing happened.

Auto play does not work on either CD or DVD drive. All setting are for autoplay.

Thanks

Relevancy 49.45%

trying to change the resolution to fit more on the screen but resolution bar will not slide in display settings please help thanks

Relevancy 49.45%

I have XP with SP3 D845GVSR motherboard and 512mb RAM. I recently had to reinstall my OS because of a BSOD and corrupted files. My resolution was stuck at 640*480 and 8 bit color. A friend had a Nvidia graphics card and he put it in but I never have been able to fix the original problem.The Nvidia works fine. Mainboard  default graphics  still won't. I have been on 2 other forums and their advice was to make sure all motherboard chipset and video drivers (from Intel site) were downloaded and correct. I believe I've accomplished that but no fix. I don't know what else to do. Could I have a bad integrated circuit (part of one anyway) that could make my problem unfixable? HELP

A:resolution won't change

Is the Monitor listed as Non Plug & Play in Device Manager ? Try installing Intels Extreme Graphics 2 Driver.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588320/resolution-wont-change/
Relevancy 49.45%

We have a projection TV 53'' and are trying to hook up the pc through DVI. The only resolution we can get is 702 X 480, which means the image is cut at the bottom and the sides and we're not able to change the resolution in any way we try
The ATI graphic card is saying that the maximum resolution can go to 1920 X 1080 16X9.

Do you know if we are able to change this and how?

A:We can't change the resolution...

720 X 480 is standard NTSC resolution for TV. I believe you should be able to find a screen adjustment (overlay) setting in your driver to get the picture displayed correctly. If you change resolutions, the TV wouldn't accept the picture.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/we-cant-change-the-resolution.299513/
Relevancy 49.45%

I'm having the same problem...I have an Acer 5250 with the Acer e-management softwear...I used to just connect the Svideo cable and select the e-presentation management option, select projection XGA and the system did the rest...for some reason I can select the XGA option, it ticks the box but won't change the resolution.....any recomendations??

A:won't change the resolution

Hi paulatxntric
Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

To avoid confusion, I have moved your post to its own thread.
Please continue replies for your issue in this thread.
Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wont-change-the-resolution.827131/
Relevancy 49.45%

I reloaded the OS and now I can't change the screen resolution and my speakers don't work. Do I need to reinstall the drivers for these things?

A:can't change resolution

Did you use the OEM CD that came with the pc? If you did not, the answer is yes you do and you will need to install all the drivers for your motherboard. If you did use the OEM CD that came with your pc, open Device Manager and see if there are any red x's or yellow flags next to anything in there. Again, if yes to this the install the drivers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-change-resolution-502385.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have been trying to download a game onto my HP Netbook but keep getting the error that the settings on my display need to be adjusted in order to support the game. I already updated the graphic card so that part should be okay. The default monitor lets me move the screen resolution but once I hit Apply it just goes back to what it was set at before (1024 X7something). The Plug and Play Monitor I have doesn't go over 1024 X 568 and doesn't give me the option to adjust the resolution. Please help! This is driving me crazy and I just want the stupid game to work!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/why-wont-it-let-me-change-my-resolution-497483.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I got a laptop from a friend-a Dell Inspiron 2600- that had a bunch of stuff on the hard drive. I didn't have a windows XP install disc that came with it, but I did have one for my dell dsktop. I was gambling and decided to chance it.

Well, the system is working great now, but the resolution on hte screen is terrible. The pixels are the size of golf balls, andthere's like, 2 colors. lol

Can anybody help me out? Point me to some drivers or give me a tip other than "throw your shoe at it" because thus far the latter hasn't been effective.

Thanks!
Mason

Relevancy 49.45%

I just finished installing a fresh windows 7 (ultimate), and now I can't seem to change my screen resolution. The default value is set to 800x600 and I can't get it to go any higher, it just flips back to the default value.
The screen is connected with a vga cable and all the drivers seem to be updated.
Before I upgraded everything was fine and dandy...

Does anyone have an idea about wha'ts going on?

Best regards...

A:Can't change my resolution...

Hello Hesso,

Welcome to Seven Forums.

What graphics card do you have? What monitor? Sure sounds like a driver issue. Is the card listed and showing as working in device manager?

Gary

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/60323-cant-change-my-resolution.html
Relevancy 49.45%

After connecting a HP Pavilion M90 Monitor to my desktop, the resolution tab under display settings cannot be moved from 640x480. My video card is an Voodoo 3 2000 AGP. Any ideas?

Relevancy 49.45%

Does anyone know if it is possible to change screen resolution by editing a settings file or via the registry or even just by using the commad line.

Is there a certian file somewhere that has the resolution setting in it i could alter.

Thanks.

A:change resolution

Quote: Originally Posted by akathekrisc

Does anyone know if it is possible to change screen resolution by editing a settings file or via the registry or even just by using the commad line.

Is there a certian file somewhere that has the resolution setting in it i could alter.

Thanks.

Hi and welcome.
To answer your question. I sure it is possible but not sure what file .
The other question I have is why don't you let Win7 do it?
Right mouse click on desktop and select Screen Resolution.
Seems simple enough.

Also if the issue is related to your video card or computer please fill in your computer specifications undr your user account.
Thank you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/81265-change-resolution.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Im running XP home edition and I have an ATI Radeon 9700 pro video card.

I can't change my resolution beyond 1024 by 768! Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

A:can't change resolution

Either, your drivers arent installed, or inproperly installed, OR your monitor wont support any more then that

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-change-resolution.170678/
Relevancy 49.45%

When I turn my computer on after a shutdown, my screen resolution is 800x600 as opposed to the 1024x768 I have it set up for. It will correct itself after a restart but it is annoying. any suggestions? I run xp home.
Thanks, BigHead

A:Resolution Change

could be something loose check all connections and also video card/ memory sticks(but of course turn the PC off first)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolution-change.400982/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey, I am new to Win 7 Forums, ( but I was at Vista Forums until my computer was upgraded ) and I was wondering, I HAD an ATI Radeon Graphics card, but now it seems that the driver has been uninstalled... Will this work fine if I do it? I have AMD Athlon 64 ( 32-bit computer ). My graphic resolution WAS 1280x800, but after the upgrade to Win 7, now it's only 1024x768. Please help me if anyone can! Thank you!

A:Resolution Change?

Quote: Originally Posted by Salil999

Hey, I am new to Win 7 Forums, ( but I was at Vista Forums until my computer was upgraded ) and I was wondering, I HAD an ATI Radeon Graphics card, but now it seems that the driver has been uninstalled... Will this work fine if I do it? I have AMD Athlon 64 ( 32-bit computer ). My graphic resolution WAS 1280x800, but after the upgrade to Win 7, now it's only 1024x768. Please help me if anyone can! Thank you!

I think thats the standard resolution for your screen.

You might be able to change the resolution via the catalyst control centre
Upgrade your drivers and download ATI ccc here
http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-c...ndows-7-a.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/55769-resolution-change.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Today when I turned on my computer, it went to the log in screen but this time for some odd reason the resolution changed to a lower resolution without me doing anything. When I enter my windows a few of my icons seem to have moved around on the screen.

Anyone have any idea what's going on? In addition my first 2 attempts at log in seemed to have froze my computer.

A:Change of Resolution

Hi have a look in device manager and see if there are any error flags for you video ie yellow ! or red Xs,also have you tried right clicking on a unoccupied area of your desktop and choose personalization then display settings

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-of-resolution.874183/
Relevancy 49.45%

the resolution on my monitor is stuck really low. it is grey and wont let me change it i cant see anything. wtf man. wtf.

my specs are different on this computer don't bother looking

A:resolution won't change.

Then you need to give us the specs before we can competently help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/105234-resolution-wont-change.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello everyone. When I enter my bios and attempt to make changes the description for various options appear on the left of my screen which get cut off on my screen. I am not sure if there is an option to make all bios options fit my monitor screen so I can see evrything.

A:Motherboard Bios resolution does not fit screen

Try the Auto adjust button on your monitor.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/343575-motherboard-bios-resolution-does-not-fit-screen.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Is it possible to change a touch display to a "normal" display in a HP Pavilion ProtectSmart 13-a187no ?

A:Is it possible to change a touch display to a normal display...

Hi @Karsten2,I hope you enjoy your visit to the HP Support Forums. I understand you are have a question about the touchscreen. I will be glad to help you. You can disable the Touch screen by  Press the Windows logo key + X.Select Device Manager from the list.Click the little arrow next to Human Interface Devices to expand the list.Click the touch screen driver (in my case, NextWindow Voltron Touch Screen).Right-click, and select Disable from the list.Click Yes on the dialog box that asks if you are sure you want to disable the touch screen driver.Please keep me informed of how things went. If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!  Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Is-it-possible-to-change-a-touch-display-to-a-normal-display/td-p/5605297
Relevancy 49.02%

My Desktop has installed a now somewhat dated Nvidia Geforce 7300G video card. I am contemplating getting a new monitor for which the normal resolution is 1920 X 1080. Can antone inform me whether this card will support this resolution and that there is no incompatibility?
Unfortunately I have had no success in endeavours to contact Nvidia with this query.

A:Display resolution

Specify the card maker.

Otherwise, generally the 7300 supports 2560x1600.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/display-resolution.119522/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a Dell 8400 with XP Pro. The monitor is a Dell 1905 FP Ultra Sharp Flat panel.connected DVI. What should the resolution be set for the display?

A:Display Resolution

1280x1024 with a maximum refresh rate of 75HZ.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-resolution.528855/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,
My display resolution and depth are set to the lowest setting, and I clicked on the button to fix it, but nothing happened.
My hardware info is:

WDC WD800JD-75MSA3 (Disk drives)
Floppy disk drive (Floppy disk drives)
TEAC CD-ROM CD-224E-N (DVD/CD-ROM drives)

My computer is a DELL Optiplex GX620 with a DELL 1707FP monitor.
I have Windows XP Professional.

This problem happened after I updated my software, hardware, security updates at the microsoft updates site. When I restarted the computer, my display became messed up like Swimmer's. I tried to update the drivers and rollback the drivers, but nothing changed. Please help me fix this problem.

A:Display Resolution Low

I would uninstall the current video driver (using Device Manager) and then install the appropriate, correct driver from http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&ServiceTag=&SystemID=PLX_GX620&os=WW1&osl=en&catid=&impid

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/359165/display-resolution-low/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi I cannot get 1680 by 1050 like I did before It says i might not have permission when I try to do that
I am running my hdtv as my main and I switch them sometimes but when I try to make my moniter 1680 by 1050 it wont let me do it

A:Display resolution not the same as before

Originally Posted by lambofgod1234

Hi I cannot get 1680 by 1050 like I did before It says i might not have permission when I try to do that
I am running my hdtv as my main and I switch them sometimes but when I try to make my moniter 1680 by 1050 it wont let me do it

You have to be signed in as administrator.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/200873-display-resolution-not-same-before.html
Relevancy 49.02%

right my monitor is YURAKU 19" widescreen.

my resolution is 1440 x 900 but if i change my desktop resolution it just makes my actual desktop smaller so there is black bars all round the image. it dosent stretch it to full screen, this also happens when i use a resolution other than 1440 x 900 when i play counter-strike source.

normally id just go to the monitor osd or whatever it is and increase the V and H size, but there isnt anything that lets me do it! also even when i lower my resolution it still says 1440 x 900 on the osd ( also H 55.9KHZ and V 59.9KHZ if that helps) but i cant change it !!

so annoying!!! please help!

Relevancy 49.02%

I have been considering a mini-itx build for multimedia use. On the occasions I have hooked my computer up to my TV, I've noticed that even 800x600 is a little high a resolution to ask of a TV. I was wonding if there was a way to get XP Pro or 2000 Pro to display at 320x240 or something more reasonable. I am sure that this is possible, right?

A:Getting XP Pro to display at very low resolution

*bump*

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-xp-pro-to-display-at-very-low-resolution.240156/
Relevancy 49.02%

I am working on an HP 552W with a Pent 4 XP home system. It has 1Mb ram and 2.0 ghz proc. Every time I set the resolution to 1024 x 768, it doesn't keep the setting... Is My video card the problem? What do I need to check? Thanks

Relevancy 49.02%

Just purchased M-900 Desktop with Windows 10 and a display port to hdmi adapter.  I have a 6' high-speed hdmi cable attached to a 4k monitor.  The maximum resolution available in the display settings is 1920 x 1080.  I do not have a video card.  Video is built into the motherboard.  I was told this computer supports 4k resolution.  What do I need to do to get 4k resolution?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/Display-Resolution/td-p/3361421
Relevancy 49.02%

I recently bought a new computer from Dell It's a Dell Optiplex Here in the office we run three quot displays per computer so I had them install an Nvidia Quadro NVS graphics card The specs on the card from Nvidia's website Display should available be but resolution not say that it supports up to four displays at quot x through DisplayPort x through Single Link DVI-D quot I actually called Nvidia and asked them specifically if the card supports x Hz resolution and they say it does In setting up the computer Display resolution not available but should be I connected a Dell P Sb Display resolution not available but should be monitor The specifications on the monitor say the native resolution is x Hz The problem is that I cannot select that resolution in the resolution dialog box I get choices of x x and x So if the monitor supports it the graphics card supports it why can't I select the appropriate resolution for the monitor I have downloaded and updated the video drivers from Nvidia's website In trouble shooting with Dell's tech support we updated the Bios and monitor drivers and still no resolution to the problem Dell is ready to have us ship the systems back to them we bought two I found a number of articles online complaining about the way Windows Vista and Windows use the EDID data that is supposed to be supplied by the monitor In reading this thread Force DVI HDMI resolutions and refresh rates I went so far as to download the Phoenix and Moninfo software listed but nothing shows up when I try to read the EDID data from the monitor Changing monitors really isn't an option as I need to reuse the six monitors we have We will soon have to replace other systems so I need a work around or I am going to have to deal with monitors that won't work I'm fairly knowledgeable about computers and troubleshooting but this is beyond my abilities What can I do

A:Display resolution not available but should be

Brad
Give this a go. I posted it up and it worked twice in the last two weeks for others.

Just in case Click the picture below and it gets bigger.

Right click an open area of the desktop then go down the list to Nvidia Control Panel. Left click it. This takes you to Nvidia Change Resolution page. See pic below.
1)Select monitor- your new one should be outlined all ready. If more than one connected select the monitor you wish to set.

2) Select PC resolution. As you see mine is 1440x900 at 75MHz.
Almost all monitors use setting at 60MHz so yours should be 60 MAYBE 75MHz.
If your resolution is in this list you are done. Close page.
Only go to Step 3 if yours isn't listed at Step 2.
Custom Resolutions as the ones I have shown are totally unstable with MY monitor. So don't go further unless necessary.
3) If your Resolution isn't listed click "Customize"
4) Select a PC res that may work. You can always change or try others.
5) Click OKAY to accept and try.

I hope that helps and gets you fixed.
Mike

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/132693-display-resolution-not-available-but-should.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I picked up a used dell inspirion 1100 laptop (2003 model) that has XP Home installed. The display shows only one option for screen resolution, 8-bit. I have tried updating and then uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for the Intel GI, but with no change. I have it set up on a wireless network. The GI is a chipset on the motherbord. Am I correct in thinking that I cannot replace this? Can I go and buy a USB video card and plug it in to correct this, disabling the other onboard one? I called a local computer repair shop and they said they should be able to resolve it for about $45 and that it sounds to them like a software issue, not hardware....... any thoughts ?

A:only get 8 bit resolution for display.....help !

Click on the link below and enter the service tag number (usually located on a sticker on the bottom of the laptop)

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/index.aspx?c=us&clearsystem=true&cs=22&l=en&s=dfh

It will tell you exactly which drivers you need for your laptop. It sounds like you need to re-install your video card drivers.

Regards,
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/only-get-8-bit-resolution-for-display-help.591046/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,I need to buy a motherboard for my hp pavilion dv6 (model dv6-6b02TX). The motherboard part number is 665343-001. Do I need to buy the same part number to fit in? I can't find motherboard with this number in eBay. I find some motherboards bearing the number 665342-001 and 665348-001. Can anyone of you please answer me? RegardsQuamru.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Motherboard-for-hp-Pavilion-dv6/td-p/5787794
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi there. Hope everyone is fine.I have an HP DV6 6104EA Notebook and need to change its motherboard which is with the part number of 650850-001.Is it possible to replace it with part number 650851-001 which is with higher graphics memory. Please help me out on this one I really need your assisstance.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/hp-pavilion-dv6-x64-motherboard/td-p/5846783
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi, I upgraded to windows 8 on my HP pavilion dv6000

I can not change the resolution, its driving me crazy! if someone can help you'd be saving the day!
I have a choice of 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768

I have searched for hours for help on the net, i cant find anything, and anything I can find doesn't work.

A:Cant change screen resolution, please help

Hello Russman, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Do you have the latest NVIDIA graphics drivers installed for your laptop?
Latest NVIDIA GeForce Graphics Drivers for Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/16433-cant-change-screen-resolution-please-help.html
Relevancy 49.02%

every night i turn off my computer with a screen resolution of 800 x 600, and every morning i turn on my computer and it is set to the 1024 x 768 resolution,

how can i break this cycle ??

Windows XP home edition
compaq pc from 2004
IBM 17 inch monitor

A:can not change 1024 x 768 resolution

1024x768 is the normal size for that 17" monitor changintimes, why do you want to change to the massively large 800x600?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-not-change-1024-x-768-resolution.554379/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi! I just bought Asus K52f ex949 notebook and I have installed Windows 7 Home basic (32bit) and all the necessary drivers. But I only have 2 options for my screen resolution: 800x600 and 1024x768, and I need a better resolution (1366x768) because I have 15.6'' screen. My graphic card is Intel GMA4500MHD UMA but in the Device Manager-Displey adapter it says Standard VGA Graphics Adapter. When I tried to Update Driver it wouldn't allow me and it said: Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date. Please help me!!!

A:can't change resolution on my notebook

Ok, I may have found a solution, but I still need help. I should change some registry keys for Group policy settings, and I have found this: Download details: Group Policy Settings Reference for Windows and Windows Server
and I have downloaded it for Windows 7. I found there those 2 settings I need to change in order to prevent windows from automatically install it's own driver for my graphic card (number 173 and number 186 in the excel file) but I've never changed registry keys before. Can someone help me with that? All I know is I should use regedit program to do that...

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/161334-cant-change-resolution-my-notebook.html
Relevancy 49.02%

So I recently plugged back in my HP Windows XP desktop after years of it just sitting around because I wanted to play games on it. After I plugged it in, I remembered it was very slow and did a system recovery. After the system recovery, my screen was just too big. So I downloaded the latest video driver and tried to change the resolution down, but it will not change the way the screen looks at all. I've looked online for help, called HP but they want money and I just can't find any help for my problem. Please Help http://b.tsgstatic.com/smilies/confused.gif

Relevancy 49.02%

Cannot change resolution on my Vista
I have a 19 inch screen and want to change my resolution to 1280x1024
but I cannot do this because I cannot get to the OK button at the bottom of the screen.

Relevancy 49.02%

I want to change my resolution to my native screen resolution (1680x1050 60hz) but I don't have that option. instead I have to choose from 800x600, 1024x728, 1280x1024, 1600x1200, and 1920x1440 (at 64hz). How do I change it to my native screen resolution if I don't have the options there?

A:How to change screen resolution?

Are the graphic adapter drivers intalled correctly ?

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/2645-how-change-screen-resolution.html
Relevancy 49.02%

have an HP pavilion 7850 that I can not change the number of colors from 16 to anything else..even though 256 and 16 bit are showing as available. Also can't change the resolution from 640x480 to anything else. I have tried changing from the default monitor to plug and play.

This machine has also lost it's sound.

Check on the systems drivers...no yellow icons..drivers say they are ok and working.

Ran a virus scan..nothing. Did get one message from Norton SystemWorks 2002 that a script "MSOOBE.exe was detected and stopped.

Any clues?
Thanks for the help.

Relevancy 49.02%

About two days ago I was messing with my resolution in my computer whe I saw something wired that I never seen before and that was that there was some higher resolution than I change and high too Resolution can't it seen before so I set it as that Everything worked Resolution too high and can't change it fine intill I started to play swtor and when Resolution too high and can't change it I quit the game my computer screen whent blank and all it said was the resolution that my comp can hold I have a Nvidia GTX Ti I done everything I know that might solve my problem but nothing works I tried to run my computer on my onboard graphic card and it works fine and I can see everything The problem only happens when I tried to run it on my other graphic card I tried to run it on safe mode and change it through there but it still does not work I don t know if is because the graphic card is not getting enough power or something like that Can someone plese help me this problem is driving me crazy If anyone knows what to do please tell me that will really help me I have a Nvidia GTX Ti W power supply nbsp

A:Resolution too high and can't change it

First: Try changing resolution through Screen Resolution menu (Right-click on desktop)
Second: Try changing it through Nvidia Control Panel
Third: You monitor will have an auto-calibration function, accessible by the buttons under it, or any software provided by the manufacturer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/resolution-too-high-and-cant-change-it.179944/
Relevancy 49.02%

I recently bought a Lenovo Ideacentre #FOBBOOTYTA that was advertised as having 1920 x 1080 screen resolution, but when I look at the Display details it only shows a maximum of 1600 x 900 screen resolution. Why?

A:Lenovo Y50 UHD Change Resolution

Hello and welcome,

Y50 doesn't seem to match that MT-M.  It appears to be a C20.

Please confirm your machine model.

Z.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-A-B-C-N-S-Flex-Horizon/Lenovo-Y50-UHD-Change-Resolution/td-p/3455843
Relevancy 49.02%

i have a nec lcd1712 monitor and it says to set resolution to 1280 x 720 when i do the change it says out of range and my screen is to large then changes back to lower resolution?tom

A:out of range when change resolution

Hi, This is a very old style monitor and its native resolution is   Native Resolution  1280 x 1024     http://www.necdisplay.com/p/desktop-monitors/lcd1712?type=support As you can see its ratio is 5:4 and your computer supports 16:9 (1280 x 720). It will have 2 black bands at the top and bottom or you get ratio 5:4 and everything will look terrible. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/out-of-range-when-change-resolution/td-p/5765841
Relevancy 49.02%

Would anyone know an easy way (software?) to change wallpaper resolution to fit my screen? I use a 28" monitor that I run at 1900 x 1200 and some of my wallpaper will not fit correctly. I know in XP you could just click "stretch to fit" but I don't think that option is available in 7? If it is, I can't find it.

Thanks!

Strat

A:change wallpaper resolution?

Programs such as paint and paint.net both can resize images.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/28773-change-wallpaper-resolution.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Whenever I lock my computer, the resolution changes to something very high like 1024/768. Anyone else has that issue?

A:Resolution Change after Locking

Hi kingamoon..... welcome to the se7en forums.

you say it defaults to something higher rather than lower..??

what is the screens native resolution / what size is the screen.

what GPU do you have, please fill out your system specs at the bottom of your post or via the userCP.

SK

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/4603-resolution-change-after-locking.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have an hp touchsmart tx laptop with an ATI Radeon HD graphics card I recently reformatted and reinstalled vista Since the reformat however the resolution has not been the same I m not entirely positive that my resolution was back Can't change resolution x but I think it was I am absolutely sure that it was a x ratio and anything less than seems horribly fuzzy and large But the highest resolution I can reach now is x I ve tried getting the most recent drivers from ATI and every windows update Nothing seems Can't change resolution back to help I ve also noticed that if I go into the options in ATI s Catalyst Control Center changing the scaling options from quot full screen quot to quot preserve aspect ratio quot doesn t do anything The screen flickers for a few Can't change resolution back seconds but doesn t change at all Does anybody know of a way to get my resolution back to x Any help I could get would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-change-resolution-back.916524/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,

my subject may look strange, but I don't know how else to phrase it.
I have Inspiron with Dell ST2420L monitor
I wanted to change the resolution and selected resolution too high for my monitor and clicked accept.
Now I have a message on a screen :
The current input timing is not supported by monitor display.
please change your input timing to [email protected] or any other supported..
But it will not let me back so I can't change it.
I tried to restart but it didn't help. Any suggestion,
edabxv

A:change resolution without monitor

Boot the system in Safe Mode (F8 before Windows loads or hold SHIFT through boot for 8 or 10).

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19991421
Relevancy 49.02%

I play Warcraft 3 and it seems a lot of the time I minimize with the start button and the resolution will be changed to the lowest setting. Then once I try to change it to the highest resolution it will look like the lowest setting then the selection will say it i the highest and ask me if i want to keep it. This will repeat a lot. Any idea on how to solve this?

A:Annoying change in Resolution

Its the game changing the screen resolution. There is no "fix" for it, its just how the game is built.

The game is built to change the resolution that the game was developed for.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/annoying-change-in-resolution-515742.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi So I have this tiny problem I just installed activated the nVidia drivers in a computer and then it wanted me to reboot ok so far but when the computer booted up again the resolution was set to x or Ubuntu How 9.04 change to in resolution something like that so everything is f ing big and no windows can fit in the screen Usually to change the resolution I press quot System How to change resolution in Ubuntu 9.04 - gt Preferences - gt Display quot but then it says quot It appears that your graphics driver does not support the necessary extensions to use this tool Do you want to use your graphics driver vendor s tool instead quot and if I press No How to change resolution in Ubuntu 9.04 I come to the quot old quot resolution changing screen but I can t do anything with it i can only see the upper half or the window And if I press Yes I come to NVIDIA X Server Settings but I can t do anything with that if I click somewhere the windows just jumps around so it doesn t quot understand quot that I press btns in the window and nothing it s a bit annoying I also tried to disable the graphics driver but hay I can only see the upper half of that window too so I can t do anything with that either SO how to do or what to do some specs ubuntu fresh install AMD Athlon XP x Mb DDR Ram nVidia GeForce MX agp x driver version UPDATE I updated to ubuntu lts and still have the same problem xrndr --newmode and xrndr --addmode does not work so what then I also managed to remove the graphics driver once and then averyting looked just fine but it was realy slow so then I reinstalled the driver and same again One other thing the resolution is x and that s cks nbsp

A:How to change resolution in Ubuntu 9.04

Its purely a driver problem, which the installation below should hopefully solve:

Code:
sudo apt-get install nvidia-96
Once completed, restartx and once logged back in, you should show native resolution.

If you need to adjust the settings for the Nvidia driver, fire up terminal...

Code:
nvidia-settings
P.S. Anything can be removed with this command in terminal..

Code:
sudo apt-get remove *package-name*
Terminal is fun, and simple once you get used to using it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-change-resolution-in-ubuntu-9-04.153808/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a new computer with a new XP Pro installation disc My display is a NVIDIA GeForce NVIDIA nForce a The web pages are too big mostly too wide almost two times so I have to scroll back and forth to see all But at the top of the screen I can just see the Minimize button As I cannot move the page to see the other buttons I cannot use them I have tried to alter the resolution in Display Properties with the slider but after clicking to keep the changes the screen goes blank as it should and then comes back with the resolution as before x Even when I start the computer I get the message Your computer s resolution and color depth are set to a very low level would you like Windows to change it I click yes but it doesn t change In Device Manager all is well Any advice please to sort this out

A:Cannot change screen resolution

Uninstall the current display drivers....reboot the system.

Your display resolution should then be the default, since no drivers are installed.

Install the display drivers, either from your drivers CD or via download from the appropriate site.

Computer manufacturer and model?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/291777/cannot-change-screen-resolution/
Relevancy 49.02%

i'm using windows 7 proffesional and my graphic card is a nvidia geforce 8400m 128mb, i just got the latest driver update going but since i did that, i've been having problems, like i open up a certain game like lets say fifa 10, my desktop display does not change according to the games display, but before i installed the latest driver it was just fine..

A:screen resolution does not change

Hello Sujen, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You can uninstall the newer drivers in "Programs and Features", then install the ones you had before until another new one that comes out that works better for you.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/28271-screen-resolution-does-not-change.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi everybody. I have Windows 7 starter edition. Last night while I was installing updates my screen resolution changed to 800 X 600 all by itself. I tried to adjust the resolution in the control panel but there is no option for that anymore. It just say Default monitor on, and I can't change it.

I must add that my update installation was interrupted due to bad internet connection. Do you think that might have something to do with it.

If you have any suggestions it would be much appreciated. Please keep it in Laymans terms since I am not very computer savy

Thanks

Yala

A:Can't change screen resolution

With system restore go back to before the upadates and test. If it works intall one update at a time.
System Restore
Go back several days before the updates.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/160748-cant-change-screen-resolution.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I reformated my computer today and seem to have everything running pretty good, but I can't figure out how to change my screen resolution. As of right now, it's set on 640 x 480 pixels and it's on 16 bit color quality. It has no other options for the color quality and the scale that I would typically be able to slide to change the resolution will not allow me to slide it. What do I need to do to fix this? The computer is a Dell Dimension 3000.

A:Change Screen Resolution?

After reformatting did you install all of the drivers (sound, display, NIC, etc)? If not, do so now. Start with the chipset driver.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/455825/change-screen-resolution/
Relevancy 49.02%

I recently bought a Lenovo Ideacentre #FOBBOOTYTA that was advertised as having 1920 x 1080 screen resolution, but when I look at the Display details it only shows a maximum of 1600 x 900 screen resolution. Why?

A:Lenovo Y50 UHD Change Resolution

Hello and welcome,

Y50 doesn't seem to match that MT-M.  It appears to be a C20.

Please confirm your machine model.

Z.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Lenovo-Y50-UHD-Change-Resolution/td-p/3455843
Relevancy 49.02%

When I had windows xp it worked perfectly but then I installed windows 7 and now I can't change game resolution in Mu Online. All other games works fine. I tried to update graphic drivers but no help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-change-resolution-in-mu-online.888419/
Relevancy 49.02%

hey i just updated my computer from windows xp to windows 7 the first time it didn't work so i deleted everything off the hard drive and then did it again , and the second time it did work. i installed all other drivers i needed , but the video resolution is stuck at 640x480. when i was on xp i used to use 1024x768 but it's too big to see everything. i tried to install drivers from the website but idk what to do. using a dell optiplex gx260 default motherboard and onboard graphics. and dell e773c monitor. thanks in advance.

A:Can't change screen resolution.

Worth a look, http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19357439.aspx .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/486753/cant-change-screen-resolution/
Relevancy 49.02%

I installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit edition.And after installing the new and the old nVidia drivers for Vista and Windows 7.I still can't change my resolution from 800X600 the option isn't available

My Specs are

MSI x58m Motherboard
Intel Core i7
Geforce 9800GT 1GB
3GB DDR 3
19 Inch pView LCD Monitor
950 Watt PSU

A:I can't change my resolution from 800X600

Possibly you don't have the correct 64bit driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/62136-i-cant-change-my-resolution-800x600.html
Relevancy 49.02%

My girlfriend just bought a new Compaq CPU -
She kept the 17" monitor from a, at the time, "state of the art" Gateway probably bought in 1994 or 1995.

The resolution setting is 640 X 480 and the arrow or control to change it to 800 X600, etc. is "grayed" out and can't be changed.
I have had PC's since the Commodore 64 but have never seen this problem-
Your suggestions are appreciated.
Don Rhea
[email protected]

A:Monitor resolution - can't change !

It is either corrupt or uninstalled video drivers or more likely since the computer is new, the computer can not auto detect the capabilities of the monitor and needs drivers for the monitor installed. Check both and you should find the cause.

------------------
Frenat
------------------
Eagles may fly high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-resolution-cant-change.35587/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi there this is a weird one First of all I have an HP Compaq nw laptop It has an ATI Resolution nullification change Mobility Fire GL Resolution change nullification T video card with MB Ram I am also running Windows XP with SP Ok my problem is this My native resolution is x I have run the same software for the last several months with no problem I have played many different games including Half Life without problems But for some reason this week I noticed a problem when it came to my computer s ability to change resolution At first I didn t pay too much attention This weekend I decided to look into it When I try to change my resolution the computer acts as if everything is going okay There are no errors What happens is that the screen flips as it usually does But instead of displaying the new resolution it just displays the old one But the computer thinks that the resolution has changed It even gives me the second dialog box asking me if I want to keep the changes I have the ability to change the resolution in two ways First is with the normal winxp display properties window The second is through an ati control panel When I change the resolution in the ati control panel I can see the resolution I want come up for a split second before the computer flips back to the original So it seems that it isn t so much a driver problem Also I have run a scans with PC Spyware Doctor and Avira Antivirus Nothing I have removed the driver and reinstalled it several times nothing One more thing I played games that changed the resolution of my screen all the way up till last week with no problem This weekend I tried playing a game that worked before but this time it didn t When I started the game it attempted to change the resolution and start in fullscreen mode The funny thing is the game didn t know the resolution didn t change It started just fine but in a little box in the middle of the screen The only way I could play the game was to change the games internal resolution to x in the options Just to show that my driver isn t the problem the game ran using half life s source engine in that resolution just fine Lastly it can t be a hardware failure as I went into my linux system and was able to change the resolution no problem The only thing I can possibly think of is maybe a windows update has broken something but I have no idea how to check if an update messes with the display properties Any ideas nbsp

A:Resolution change nullification

Please, does anyone have any idea what is causing this problem? Has anyone else even had this problem before?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolution-change-nullification.835360/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello I'm new here and I never browsed this forum before First of all my english is basic so if I don't explain very good I'm very sorry OK what I want to do is the same that a lot of users that have their smartphones Android OS is change the original DPI o screen resolution force a different scale resolution For example if someone know about what I'm trying to say of Android OS is when you want more space avaible on your desktop or the objects texts sidebar icons etc looks like smaller than before you just need to go to this directory system and edit the file build prop and finally locate the line called ro sf lcd density xxx and change the original density number of your screen's device by other smaller and when you'll restart the device you'll have the same os similar size's desktop of one Note in your SGS mini I ll hope I explained good So in resume I would like to have a x for example or smaller I don't know what resolution is correct for my case from my actual resolution of my laptop that it's x pixels And for more details - Windows Pro x - Resolution x quot and - Graphic Adapter Intel Graphics Media Accelerator GMA Intel GMA GM - Only the original monitor laptop not an external monitor

A:How to change the maximum resolution of W8.1

Have a look at this, not sure if its what your after though, "Make everything on your screen bigger" - Turn On or Off and this Advanced Appearance Settings - Change Text Size for Items in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/51085-how-change-maximum-resolution-w8-1-a.html
Relevancy 49.02%

hello!!
i think i've had this problem for a few weeks, because my computer has been running a tad bit slow.
so i have a gateway NE56R41u.
i got it for my birthday and its really great i love it
with that aside, today i played the sims 3 when it has a warning about my graphics card or whatever, so i went to my screen resolution to see if i can fix the problem.
unfortunately, the place where i can choose what my resolution is greyed out, so i cannot change a thing.
heres a picture, but please help!!

A:cannot change screen resolution

Dear xyanophobia,
This Is A Very Frustrating Problem Isn't It.
I Understand That You Got This Computer As A Gift.
Therefore It's My Pleasure To Help You
Consider Reading This Link For Help
Driver - Install in Device Manager in Windows 8[1]=Hardware%20and%20Drivers

Thank's
Hoped This Helped
TheTechQuickie

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/54507-cannot-change-screen-resolution.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey Ladies and Gents . Does anyone have any idea why my screen resolution changes from 1152 x 864 to 840 x 640 everytime I have to restart ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolution-change-upon-restart.762978/
Relevancy 49.02%

Ever since from change Can't my 640x480 resolution Vista wasz installed I havent been able to change my screen resolution at all I am stuck at x which has many problem with regular browsing of the internet even I also am only allowed to be in bit graphics I ve tried around to find answers and havent yet One thing I did notice is that I think something is wrong with the way the computer Can't change my resolution from 640x480 recognizes my monitor When I go into the display prop It says Generic Monitor in the setttings tab or whatever And everything is gray so I cant change it the only option I get it Medium and the resolution refuses to move since I cant click it Another thing that may be attributing to the problem is that my graphics controller doesn t seem to have the right driver It used to pop up an alert thing on startup and say I need new drivers When I tried to install them it said it can t find them When i tried to manually do it all kinds of goofy stuff got me no where I m Can't change my resolution from 640x480 sure I havent provided enough information yet and Im not currently on my own computer Please let me know if there is anything you d like me to clarify Can't change my resolution from 640x480 and I will answer right away nbsp