Windows Support Forum

Random reboots (mostly w/ big apps)

Q: Random reboots (mostly w/ big apps)

hello Well the problem is that the comp just reboots when playing a big app game Like World of Warcaft or when running other (mostly apps) reboots w/ big Random games although it happens allot more when I m playing WoW Note i had the BIOS reset once and after that I put in mb ram and this all started to occour so i think its the ram thats interfiering with the other one I had the famous Blue screen of death a couple of times It said something like this st one BAD POOL CALLER and then the code x c x x cd xA A x c the nd one IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL the code x A x x c Random reboots (mostly w/ big apps) x x e c Now for me thats chinese so I don t know what this all means rolleyes for the specs i will need some kind of program that can give me the details about my comp cause i don t know the exact specs of my comp blush I also have some other annoying little problems that started to occour when I resetted the BIOS Prog called Sandra told me to update my BIOS but i didn t really know how thanks anyway nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Random reboots (mostly w/ big apps)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Random reboots (mostly w/ big apps)

oke I have searched for this problem on microsoft.com and this is what if found.

microsoft result

this is only the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-reboots-mostly-w-big-apps.23968/
Relevancy 54.61%

Briefly- Power supply quit - replaced but WinXP would not run. Got 07e stop error and others. Tried everything to restore using UCBD; Chkdsk/r; FixMBR; etc. No luck.
Saved all files on C:; formatted, reinstalled WinXP and some applications, which run fine.
Have apps on separate D: drive as well as on other partitions on main drive.

Some programs will run from thumb drive. If I try to run apps from other drives without reinstalling, I expect to get 'DLL missing' errors BUT instead my screen blanks and computer reboots. I get no blue screen or stop error.

Any/all thoughts appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/winxp-reboots-instead-of-running-other-apps-191377.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I don't know how it's possible but it happened Must be WITHOUT Apps??? NO Vista Reboots WAY! Closing some new feature they never advertised but should The other day Vista Ultimate was nagging me to reboot after installing some updates I kept putting it off but finally it wouldn't let me put it off for as long In any event I walked away to get some lunch and when I got back my PC had been rebooted I logged back in NO WAY! Vista Reboots WITHOUT Closing Apps??? and things looked like it was starting up normally But then I see down my taskbar that I have three programs still open I'm like WTF How is this possible They were Outlook an Unsent Saved Draft of an NO WAY! Vista Reboots WITHOUT Closing Apps??? email and another Email which was just open My web browser windows and multiple tabs were all gone though OR WERE THEY I opened IE to begin getting my desktop back in order and get my email tabs all opened up when suddenly I saw that IE had all my tabs in it as soon as it loaded I could not believe this What's REALLY weird and I think is confirmation that something had happened was that I now had tabs in one IE instance whereas before I had two instances of IE cascaded horizontally on my quot widescreen displays each with tabs - one set was for email and one was for forums I frequent But now IE loaded up and I had all of these COMBINED into a single IE instance which btw I'm trying to figure out how to move tabs from one IE instance to another but there doesn't seem to be a way In any event I can not believe it still thus I'm posting this here to see if anyone else has encountered this If you don't believe me even I will try this again go and install some updates not like SP but some basic updates then wait to let it reboot and see what happens Regards Kevin

A:NO WAY! Vista Reboots WITHOUT Closing Apps???

Windows Vista 64 ultimate has done this to me as well. It's kinda of a feature than a problem. It opened up the last programs that were running before the shutdown. But I never had windows update reboot without me telling it to. That's a new one.
Raj

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/136911-no-way-vista-reboots-without-closing-apps.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Briefly- Power supply quit - replaced but WinXP would not run. Got 07e stop error and others. Tried everything to restore using UCBD; Chkdsk/r; FixMBR; etc. No luck.
Saved all files on C:; formatted, reinstalled WinXP and some applications, which run fine.
Have apps on separate D: drive as well as on other partitions on main drive.

Some programs will run from thumb drive. If I try to run apps from other drives without reinstalling, I expect to get 'DLL missing' errors BUT instead my screen blanks and computer REBOOTS. I get no blue screen or stop error.

Any/all thoughts appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/winxp-reboots-instead-of-running-other-apps.645073/
Relevancy 54.61%

Friends I have spent the past day and night reading this site googling checking reddit the Windows Knowledge base etc trying to find if someone as identified the malicious software that's eating my reboots audio, Windows plays computer random random 7 son's computer and I am stumped Random audio plays random reboots usually blamed on DCOM plug n play error The computer is a Sony Vaio running Windows Firewall is on Windows Defender is up-to-date I have run rkill then tdsskiller and Malwarebytes I downloaded them from an uninfected computer onto a USB drive renamed the installer files new names were help Windows 7 computer plays random audio, random reboots exe and iexplormb exe then copied the installers onto the infected machine Installed them and ran rkill first then tdsskiller did not re-boot after it was finished then installed Malwarebytes and let it update then ran it tdsskiller and Malwarebytes did identify some threats and removed those--but didn't solve the problem The computer is still playing random audio though I haven't had Windows 7 computer plays random audio, random reboots a random reboot in a while Sigh Looking forward to hearing from someone who can guide me through this process effectively Thanks in advance Cheers --Amee Mooseroom ------------------------------------------------------------- DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by Abel at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated E - ED- F -A - BCB F SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated DF E - D - BB- B - D E BFDE Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS c Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files x Adobe Elements Organizer PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows SysWOW Rundll exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Care VCSpt exe C Program Files x iolo System Mechanic iologovernor exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Gate VAIO Gate exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Power Management SPMgr exe C Windows system BtwRSupportService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btwdins exe C Program Files x Common Files Nuance dgnsvc exe C Program Files x iolo Common Lib ioloServiceManager exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe C Program Files x Sony PMB PMBDeviceInfoProvider exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x Sony VAIO Event Service VESMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Windows SysWOW DllHost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files x Sony VAIO Event Service VESMgrSub exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows SysWOW rundll exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files x Sony PMB PMBVolumeWatcher exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C... Read more

A:Windows 7 computer plays random audio, random reboots

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/519922 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/519922/windows-7-computer-plays-random-audio-random-reboots/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello,

My computer (notebook) with Windows XP SP2 will reboot automatically (crash) after I try to run certain apps. For example when I run Tweaking.com's 'Windows Repair', the program will run through the initial stage but after that the OS will auto reboot every single time. One other app I can't even start before Windows crashes. 

Also, I've ran ESET online scanner, Malwarebytes anti-malware and TDSSKiller and they've all found some serious infections (like trojans and rootkits) which were automatically deleted/quarantined, but the problem still persists.

Thank you.

A:Windows automatically reboots (crashes) when trying to run certain apps

If you're planning to use XP,make sure that's upgraded to SP3+ all updates.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583080/windows-automatically-reboots-crashes-when-trying-to-run-certain-apps/
Relevancy 53.32%

Random audio ads playing in background at various times even when no apps are open Initials attempts to clean were temporary malware returns didnt seem to match any Google'd audio ad malware results Utilizing Nirsoft CurrPorts did determine that the apps random open playing at - random no in audio times ad background process is running IE in background able to temporarily stop the audio by killing the IE process TIA for assistance in resolving this issue BEGIN LOG Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by administrator on -OFFICE on - - Running from C temp FRST Loaded Profiles lMende amp UpdatusUser Available Profiles lMende amp UpdatusUser Platform Windows Home Premium Service Pack X OS Language English United States Internet random audio ad playing in background at random times - no apps open Explorer Version Default browser IE Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe AMD C Windows System atiesrxx exe Trend Micro Inc C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP coreServiceShell exe Trend Micro Inc C Program Files Trend Micro UniClient UiFrmwrk uiWatchDog exe Trend Micro Inc C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP coreFrameworkHost exe Andrea Electronics Corporation C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA AERTSr exe Apple Inc C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Atheros Commnucations C Program Files x Dell Wireless Bluetooth Suite AdminService exe Alcatel-Lucent C Program Files x ATT ma bin MAHostService exe Joyent Inc C Program Files x ATT ma bin node exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Citrix Online LLC C Program Files x Citrix GoToAssist Remote Support Customer g ax service exe Citrix Online a division of Citrix Systems Inc C Program Files x Citrix GoToMyPC g svc exe Hewlett-Packard Company C Program Files x HP Common HPSupportSolutionsFrameworkService exe Citrix Online a division of Citrix Systems Inc C Program Files x Citrix GoToMyPC g comm exe Citrix Online a division of Citrix Systems Inc C Program Files x Citrix GoToMyPC g pre exe Citrix Online a division of Citrix Systems Inc C Program Files x Citrix GoToMyPC g tray exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exe Alcatel-Lucent C Program Files Common Files Motive pcCMService exe Trend Micro Inc C Program Files Trend Micro Titanium plugin Pt PtSvcHost exe Trend Micro Inc C Program Files Trend Micro Titanium plugin Pt PtWatchDog exe Trend Micro Inc C Program Files Trend Micro TMIDS PwmSvc exe Intuit C Program Files x Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBCFMonitorService exe Intuit Inc C Program Files x Common Files Intuit DataProtect QBIDPService exe TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files x TeamViewer TeamViewer Service exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE Atheros C Program Files x Dell Wireless Bluetooth Suite Ath CoexAgent exe Atheros C Program Files x Dell Wireless Ath WlanAgent exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVCM EXE Citrix Online LLC C Program Files x Citrix GoToAssist Remote Support Customer g ax comm customer exe Citrix Online LLC C Program Files x Citrix GoToAssist Remote Support Customer g ax system customer exe AMD C Windows System atieclxx exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorDataMgrSvc exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NVIDIA Update Core daemonu ex... Read more

A:random audio ad playing in background at random times - no apps open

Greetings leadface and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that. ===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.When you post your reply, use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.Now let's get started ===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far. Please do the following.Cut and paste FRST.exe onto your Desktop.Running from C:\temp\FRST===================================================Farbar's Recovery Scan Tool - Run Fix in Normal or Safe Mode--------------------Press the Windows key + r on your keyboard at the same time. Type in notepad and press EnterPlease copy and paste the contents of the below code box into the open notepad and save it to your desktop (<<<Important) as fixlist.txtGroupPolicy: Group Policy on Chrome detected <======= ATTENTION
HKU\S-1-5-21-1764957416-2886511645-3772603835-1000\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer: Policy restriction <======= ATTENTION
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = about:blank
HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = about:blank
HKU\S-1-5-21-1764957416-2886511645-3772603835-1000\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = about:blank
SearchScopes: HKU\.DEFAULT -> DefaultScope {0633EE93-D776-472f-A0FF-E1416B8B2E3A} URL =
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-19 -> DefaultScope {0633EE93-D776-472f-A0FF-E1416B8B2E3A} URL =
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-20 -> DefaultScope {0633EE93-D776-472f-A0FF-E1416B8B2E3A} URL =
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579121/random-audio-ad-playing-in-background-at-random-times-no-apps-open/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello all I have a Dell Latitude e6530 With win 7 pro 4 gig of ram

I have updated the Video driver to the latest yet I still get a BSOD pointing at dxgmms1.sys

Here is the Zip file for the test ran

A:Daily BSOD random times random Apps

Quote: Originally Posted by bskaggs

Hello all I have a Dell Latitude e6530 With win 7 pro 4 gig of ram

I have updated the Video driver to the latest yet I still get a BSOD pointing at dxgmms1.sys

Here is the Zip file for the test ran

Hi bskaggs,

Welcome to Seven forums.

Here are you bugcheck details:

Quote:
YMBOL_NAME: dxgmms1!VidSchDdiNotifyInterruptWorker+b

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: dxgmms1

IMAGE_NAME: dxgmms1.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 5164dc13

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x7f_8_dxgmms1!VidSchDdiNotifyInterruptWorker+b

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x7f_8_dxgmms1!VidSchDdiNotifyInterruptWorker+b

Update your video driver from here and not from the Windows Update:

Drivers & Downloads | Dell US

Also, perform a clean startup to ensure no conflicts with the background programs:

Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/314117-daily-bsod-random-times-random-apps.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I'm getting random reboots while playing a new game in beta. I used to get these same reboots during Everquest 2 play, but they stopped.

1. I see nothing that jumps out in the event viewer.
2. My cpu runs no hotter then 45c.
3. I ran mem tests on my ram over nite with no errors.
4. I cant get my pc to write to my .dmp file. I have it set up under system properties correctly.
Is there a service that needs to be on? I shut down lots of services for gaming.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Tray

A:Random Reboots

Hi and welcome to Techspot!!

First, check out this thread HERE, and tell us your system's PSU (power supply) specs, like make & model, wattage, and amperage on the +12V rail. Check the PSU's label, that info should be there.

Regards :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-reboots.61934/
Relevancy 49.02%

Updated Hi I Random Reboots hope someone can help Random Reboots I recently bought a custom built PC from a local business and installed my own copy of Windows Ultimate bit The problem is that after about minutes of turning the computer on it freezes with the sound of whatever is on looping also After I have hit the reset button everything is fine for around another minutes or so but then the computer just randomly reboots without warning Once loaded up again it is fine for hours and hours with seemingly no more problems Can anyone tell me what the hell is going on Many Thanks OS - Vista Windows Windows x -bit or x x What was original installed OS on system None Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer Full retail Age of system hardware Less than a year old Age of OS installation - st installed around weeks ago - weeks since re-install CPU - Athlon II X mhz Video Card - Radeon XFX HD GB MotherBoard - ASrock N C-S UCC Power Supply - ATX w Hard Drive - Standard ST DL - TT SCSI Disk Device Ram - x gb Corsair DDR No sys manufacturer or model number - Custom built

Can we have a make and model on the psu and also a model number on the Corsair Ram.
There are many problems with 4 Gb sticks of ram and I want to check compatibility here, You may have to pysically remove 1 stick to get model number or you can try siw from here:
SIW download and reviews from SnapFiles

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-reboots-575725.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Random Reboots

Message after :

roblem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1e
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
BCP2: FFFFF80003100440
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1
Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\012015-5787-01.dmp
C:\Users\tog\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-18033-0.sysdata.xml
Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows
If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Hi sevenwaves, Welcome to Sevenforums

Here is your dump information

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff880010051d1, fffff8800a3069a0, 0}

Probably caused by : fltmgr.sys ( Processing initial command '!analyze -v;r;kv;lmtn;lmtsmn;.bugcheck'
fltmgr!TreeUnlinkMulti+51 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

2: kd> !analyze -v;r;kv;lmtn;lmtsmn;.bugcheck
* Bugcheck Analysis *

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
An exception happened while executing a system service routine.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff880010051d1, Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck
Arg3: fffff8800a3069a0, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.

Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for fltsrv.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for fltsrv.sys
fltsrv+0x4eb9

Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for snapman.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for snapman.sys
snapman+0x25c71

Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avgtpx64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avgtpx64.sys
avgtpx64+0xa660
System_service_exception usually points to Memory corruption but could also be because of drivers. Lets do a few things to see if we can get your install in order and remove all potential BSOD possibilities before we look at memory.

If you can, please remove or reinstall Acronis. It's possible that a driver or other issue with Acronis could be causing this. If you choose to remove it for now, use Revo Uninstaller that will be linked below this Acronis link (if you choose to update/reinstall)
Acronis
Acronis Customer Service & Support

Download Revo Uninstaller (When using Revo > Click Advanced Option > Select all and delete from both screens)
Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems

Remove AVG with Revo uninstaller. Download and install Microsoft Security Essentials (If you prefer something else, you can install it after we get your system stable and BSOD free)
Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows

Remove IObit Uninstaller with Revo Uninstaller

If you have any Gigabyte crapware, remove that as well

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/358950-random-reboots.html
Relevancy 49.02%

my computer reboots randomly at different times. why? and how do i stop it?

A:random reboots?

Depends.. Is it during games? 3-D stuff draws lots of power, so often times power supplies give up when they can't keep up with the demand caused by running a graphics accelerator card, causing a reboot.

If power is A-OK, then I'd check memory, then motherboard. That's about it for hardware.

Software wise, are you all updated? Have you installed anything new recently?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/random-reboots-207507.html
Relevancy 49.02%

ok i have one more Random Reboots tech problem that might be able to be solved here i d say about a month ago i bought a new sound card Random Reboots because i play a lot of online games and use voice chat during them and i thought my sound card was causing my voice output to be bad i ended up fixing this problem but with the new sound card eventually came other problems randomly sometimes during gameplay or voicechat it gets static sounding with the normal sounds which fades away back to normal i Random Reboots just ignored that now i d say about a week or two ago i started getting a lot of random reboots more hard locks than usual i can only assume it has something to do with the sound card and or the drivers i m going to attach some of my most recent dump files i m not sure how to look at them myself i was hoping that might help determine if it s a driver issue i keep my computer rather cool so i didn t think it was a heat issue at all as for the sound card it s a sound blaster audigy SE using creative drivers i think if i can get this solved i think i ll be all settled for my pc issues thanks nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi sorry if this is the wrong forum but I need help Every now and then my computer will randomly reboot It turns off as if I Random Reboots ve held the power button and then turns back on The first couple times it would reboot One time it sat at my motherboard s welcome Random Reboots screen Random Reboots and just sat there and now it doesn t boot at all No video now keyboard power If it doesn t boot I have to leave it off for about minutes before I can boot it again I have ruled out overheating It is pretty damn cold in here I cleaned out the dust last night and it rebooted with a temp checker open all temps were below C It seems to happen at random times although the first few times were all when I was playing WoW It has only happened once out of a game and I was just sitting in windows with IRC and ventrilo open I ve considered it to be a possible power supply issue but I am not convinced I ran a stresstest prime and it did it fine did not reboot so being under load and not rebooting made me less convinced However I ve noticed that some of my rails are very skewed My and my V rails are within range however my and - V rails are very very off my V rail reads between V and V V was achieved under the stress test My - V rail is constantly at - V During a virus scan my - V went to - V I know that it is possible for speedfan to be wrong so once I find my multimeter I m going to test them again Also in the BIOS all my rails read fine which further convinces me speed fan is wrong Specs GIGABYTE GA-P -DS L LGA Intel P Mobo Intel Core Duo E Conroe GHz LGA W Dual-Core BX E OCZ GameXStream OCZ GXSSLI W ATX V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready Active PFC PSU G SKILL GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC RAM Western Digital Caviar Blue WD AAKS GB RPM SATA x SONY DRU A and DRU A DVD burners EVGA nvidia GTX any help is greatly appreciated nbsp

So, I can't find my multimeter, but looking at my PSU it shows that I have 4 +12V rails and what they're designated to. The plugs for my PSU have the same indicators that are on the lable, such as pci-e 1 and pci-e 2. So I'm curious if those correlate to the rails or if that is just for ease of installation. Also, my graphics card has a 36 amperage requirement, and my 12V rails are rated at 18A, but since it's getting 2 it's ok? but one is possibly shared so it's bad? but it's worked for a year? please help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-reboots.136825/
Relevancy 49.02%

I installed Windows 7 Ultimate (over XP) on December 5th, and have since had frequent, spontaneous reboots several times a day. When I check the event viewer after each reboot, it contains dozens of errors that I cannot make any sense of. I cannot find a c:\windows\minidump file, but I am attaching a copy of the errors I have had today from the event viewer. Please help!

Quote: Originally Posted by fruitcake1729

I installed Windows 7 Ultimate (over XP) on December 5th, and have since had frequent, spontaneous reboots several times a day. When I check the event viewer after each reboot, it contains dozens of errors that I cannot make any sense of. I cannot find a c:\windows\minidump file, but I am attaching a copy of the errors I have had today from the event viewer. Please help!

Michelle

It seems like a lot of the errors in eventvwr are related to the hard shutdown. Have you gotten a true BSOD? you can simply search on *.DMP for the file of it isnt in minidump. On 64 bit systems it is usually found in c:\windows and called memory.dmp

Le us know

Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/48237-random-reboots.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Laptop has started rebooting a completely random times without warning or error code. I have updated all the drivers from the HP support page but the problem still persists. While looking for drivers i noticed that there is no BIOS option on the devices support page, unless i change the OS to W7, 8 or 8.1. Would it be wise to attempt the to install the updated BIOS on W10? Or should i install W8 and do it that way? Installing W8 would be a huge pain as i just clean installed W10. I also wouldn't mind knowing why there is no BIOS update for W10. My current BIOS version is F.65. There's is an available update to version  F.66

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Random-reboots/td-p/5642074
Relevancy 49.02%

After 4+ years my pc started rebooting randomly yesterday. I changed the psu thinking my old one may be going bad. I removed, cleaned and re-installed the cooler/fan with new thermal paste. My board is MSI Z68MA-ED55 B3, i5 2500K cpu, 8g RAM. I know that it is not overheating as it was running @ 42c when it last rebooted. I've done no overclocking. This AM it ran for just over an hour before rebooting then ran for 1/2 hr. and then for another 1/2 hr when it started to reboot every time windows 7 pro started.

One thing that may be unusual is that all 6 cpu phase leds flicker very rapidly except for #1 which stays on solid. since I only see them when I open the case while it's running, I have no idea what they are supposed to look like. The MSI board has been no help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-reboots.1155761/
Relevancy 49.02%

Here is my system:
DFI AK-75EC Motherboard
AthlonXP 1800+
256MB PC133 SDRAM
40 & 20 Gig Hard Drives
52x CD Rom & Phillips CDR804 CD R/RW
1-Extra Case Fan
NetGear FA311 NIC Card
PowerColor GeForce4 Ti4200 w/128DDR
Med Tower Case w/300w PS
and 3 1/2 Floppy Drive
Front and Back USB (2F/2B)

Now my problem it just started to reboot without warning just click and black screen in its rebooting now I have noticed this when running 3D Marks2001 Benchmarks it gets to a certain point and reboots and that is everytime but it has happened at many other times too. So if anyone can help me please let me know something I am in need.

Welcome to TSG!

It sounds like you've either got a power supply problem or something is causing overheating.

Try resetting BIOS defaults and turn off ALL Caching and shadowing features. Make sure your video card is not overclocked.

Make sure that the Power Supply fan is working properly and check your "PC Health" options are set properly. Perhaps disable the warning levels and the auto-shutdown and see if that helps.

Good Luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-reboots.96671/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi everyone,

We recently upgraded about 20 PCs on a network with the following hardware:

-Asus M2A-VM motherboard
-AMD Athlon 64 X2 processor
-160Gb Seagate hard drives
-1Gb memory

They are all running Windows XP Pro SP2.

Ever since all of these PCs have been randomly rebooting, some more often than others.

The drivers are all installed OK and I've even updated them to the latest from the Asus website.

I've unchecked the automatically restart when there's a system failure in startup and recovery in system properties. The blue screen error that is shown before a reboot has the error:

STOP: 0x00000050 (0xE2F79000, 0x00000000, 0x8053AACB, 0x00000001)

This is really irritating users!

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Ed1989

Relevancy 49.02%

My computer will randomly reboot or hardlock while playing games on my computer. Im running Windows XP, AMD Athlon XP 2200+, 1 Gig of PC2700 RAM, an 80 gig HD and an nVidia 6600 (used to be a 5700). My idle CPU temp is about 55C. and my voltages and temps are : (on idle)
Temperatures
Motherboard 28 C (82 F)
CPU 54 C (129 F)
Seagate ST380012A 40 C (104 F)

Cooling Fans
CPU 3068 RPM

Voltage Values
CPU Core 1.63 V
+3.3 V 3.31 V
+5 V 5.13 V
+12 V 11.98 V
-12 V -12.94 V
-5 V -5.05 V
+5 V Standby 4.87 V
VBAT Battery 3.04 V
Debug Info F FF 37 FF
Debug Info T 28 54 255
Debug Info V 66 00 CF BF C5 18 35 (01)

Relevancy 49.02%

First thanks to whoever handles this board it has been a great resource for me I have built my last PC s but have a major problem with this one since day The PC will reboot no blue screen just cold reboot and I can t seem to locate the problem Since day one when installing windows it has done this but it is sporadic and can sometimes go - days between reboots The machine will reboot Reboots Random Very led power light on frt of case never goes dark at reboot and sometimes will boot up and run for a few min before it reboots Very Random Reboots again or a lot of the time it just continues to reboot before windows has a chance to load Also I have tried to boot in safe mode but it will reboot while safemode is loading Sometimes clearing the Bios with the jumper clears it up but it always returns Now the machine Antec case with true s power supply ABIT AV board sticks of pc Very Random Reboots mb ddr ram Amd Athlon not oc Nvidia geoforcefx xt card running XP Pro with SP installed What I have tried ran antivirus ran spywarecleaner defrag ran memtest adjusted to failsafe Very Random Reboots defaults in bios flashed the bios tried diff combinations of slots for memory upgrade driver upgraded via - drivers A couple days ago figured it must be power supply brand new one too so I started unplugging devices second cd rom and fan pulled and everything has been running great since Question before I drop on power supply what should I look for where is a good supplier and most important do you think this will solve the problem Sorry for the rambling but wanted to give as much info as poss THANKS nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Hello everyone this is my first post here I hope you can help me out with a little problem i've been having for a while now For about months now i've had random reboots Its not even related to any application in specific as Random reboots i can tell since it has crashed while playing BF Random reboots and while browsing the web Anyway in the latest crash i decided to try and get some help to this First of all the error it gives me is quot x e xc xbf fbd f xa d d x ati duag dll - Address bf fbd f base at bf f datestamp c quot My system specs are as follows Win Xp SP Intel Pentium CPU Ghz and gb RAM A GE mb graphics card Asus P P -X motherboard At the moment of the lates crash i was browsing the web with Opera and had Kaspersky Zonealarm and Ad-Watch running I've ran scans with Kasper Adaware AVG and several outher anti-spyware programs I also ran Registry Cleaner and window washer Also Driver Cleaner PE to get rid of any leftover Nvidia drivers from my old graphics card Nvidia The temperature was at c for CPU and c for MB Also when i report the error it tells me the problem is in an outdated video driver but i have the latest ATI driver instaled Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this issue

A:Random reboots

it is telling you your ati driver is corrupted and needs reinstalling
recheck the ati site to make sure you have the latest version
then uniinstall the drivers
reboot tapping f8 and choose vga mode
when windows finishes booting
disable a/virus
install your drivers
reboot the computer

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/random-reboots-147276.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I've got the build listed in my sig. along with vista home premium.

I've downloaded the latest ATI driver for the X1950 brand cards for 32 bit vista (what I have) but there are still problems. Sometimes while playing a game, or even if I just leave it on long enough, it reboots itself. Upon restarting, it says there was a problem and vista had to reboot, then it searches for the problem but doens't find it. Then...about 2 hours later...or something like that, it does it again.

Whats going on? I've performed tests for stability and performance, and they've all given me back a 100%. What should I do? Whats the problem ?

Relevancy 49.02%

This happens at different time but usually when i start up a game my computer randomly crashes and reboots it looks like a blue screen but I don't think it is i will upload a minidump file from the earliest crash
I also re installed my os yesterday because i was getting a blue screen error and the computer would not start up but now it is able to start up, but when i run a game or leave it idle it will turn off and reboot its self , the crassh looks like a blue screen but doesn't show the error because it is covered by random coloring

I have a Dell XPS 7100 Studio

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/271309-random-reboots.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Okay I m new here just Random Reboots signed up to ask this question but I need a good tech forum If Random Reboots you guys can Random Reboots give me aclue of what to do next other than a reinstall I d be very grateful Okay heres the thing About a month ago I was doing some updates both from HP and from Windows Update I made the mistake of just starting it up and leaving on an errand Well there was an error in installlation somehow a brownout something Afterwards It wouldn t even boot past the Random Reboots login screen except in safe mode In safe mode I checked the event monitor for what was failing in system errors and determined it was the new update for the AMD processor driver as well as some other programs that wanted to load I rolled back the driver uninstalled the program an antivirus suite and rebooted Reboots fine Now every once in a while the system just spontaneously restarts No warning nothing Oh and an occassional lockup The only listing in the monitor and the only error message is quot your computer has recovered from a serious error quot a hex code and a link to blue screen at info base Now what Start rolling back drivers one by one till it stops If I install the AMD driver again it won t login Comments nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

could someone please give me some assistance with this computer. it was just reformated with winxp home. after that it kept shutting down randomly, the cpu temp was 64-70c so i put a brand new heatsink and fan on it. it is a p4 3ghz 478 mobo is 661FX-M ECS. i have tried the stick of ram in another slot. i am more worried about the psu failing. here is the volts as prime95 are running. let me know if this is normal or not. or if there is anything else i can try to keep the computer stable

Oh i forgot to add, when i added the new heat sink it hasn't change the temps of the cpu.

A:random reboots

Let's back up a bit. Tell us what you used for thermal paste on your new heatsink when you put it on. Did you clean off the old thermal paste, or just use the same? Tell us what case fans you have, where are they placed, which direction are they blowing, etc. On other question, why did you reformat?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/random-reboots-214806.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi guys.

Whats happening is that i am trying to have a bit play in Packet Tracer 5.2 as im doing the CCNA course and sometimes when I go to put a switch or device into the area, my computer does a nice hard reboot and then tells me the System has recovered form a serious error.

Error Signature is:

Quote:

BCCode : 10000050 BCP1 : E2ABA02C BCP2 : 00000000 BCP3 : BF9FA08C
BCP4 : 00000001 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

It also sometimes does it with my VW parts manual too randomly.

Send the error code off to M$ and they say its a problem with:

Address a problem with ATI Graphics Driver

ATI Graphics Driver has stopped working properly.

http://wer.microsoft.com/responses/R...f-4fc2baf6d811

Now im running the latest release of my now ancient graphics card.

Tried reinstalling all, but nothing works.

Anyone got any advice?

Chris

Fixed, did a windows update on the driver in device manager.

ATi must have had outdated drivers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/random-reboots-426489.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey guys kind of in a rush and haven't browsed through all topics yet sorry if there's already one like this admins feel free to delete if needed Anyways my PC is a gaming type Basically it's been rebooting at random times it may be within an hour hours minutes or even when it starts up I went to the shop where I had it custom built Reboots Random to check it they said it could be because of the two windows XP I have installed One of my hard drive is in partitions so my gig main one has a gig D drive and gig C drive I think that's how it's divided Anyways the guy told me to delete the one in D drive so I tried but can't because a specific file Flash f ocx is being used thus preventing me from deleting windows I tried quot re-installing quot it again to delete it but when it boots from the CD it only shows C drive so I'm kind of stuck there ahaha The computer technician also told me all basic components has no problems ie RAM motherboard etc I don't think it is heat I have an Antec which I think should be more than enough to keep it cool Anyways I have Random Reboots to go kind of late ahaha appreciate any help will edit add things if needed when I return like my system info If there is anyone who thinks that windows may not be the problem of my random reboots please do tell Thanks in advance

Ok, I think I may have solved the deleting windows part, what I did first was, go into the actual windows folder and delete all files...ahaha..then I read somewhere to..right click "my computer" > "manage" > "disk management" and from there I deleted the partition (forced it) that had the extra windows installation, after that I made a new partition, right clicked and format, now it is formatting, will update when it is done and whether or not my computer still does random reboots.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/random-reboots-493906.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello folks Do any of you know how XP random SP2 PRO reboots. to read the following minidump from the Windows Debug Tool i am trying to figure out why does my pc keeps restarting no matter what i do here is the minidump results Bugcheck XP PRO SP2 random reboots. Analysis Use analyze -v to get XP PRO SP2 random reboots. detailed debugging information BugCheck e e a Probably caused by ntkrnlmp exe nt ExFreePoolWithTag c Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis BAD POOL HEADER The pool is already corrupt at the time of the current request This may or may not be due to the caller The internal pool links must be walked to figure out a possible cause of the problem and then special pool applied to the suspect tags or the driver verifier to a suspect driver Arguments Arg a pool block header size is corrupt Arg e The pool entry we were looking for within the page Arg e The next pool entry Arg a reserved Debugging Details ------------------ BUGCHECK STR x POOL ADDRESS e CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME System LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fc to a STACK TEXT f ecdc fc e nt KeBugCheckEx x b f ed c c d e e c fe e nt ExFreePoolWithTag x c f ed c c e b nt ObpFreeObject x d f ed f c e b c nt ObpRemoveObjectRoutine xe f ed c e b fc nt ObpProcessRemoveObjectQueue x f edac nt ExpWorkerThread xef f eddc ec e f nt PspSystemThreadStartup x nt KiThreadStartup x STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP nt ExFreePoolWithTag c fc f cmp eax SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME nt ExFreePoolWithTag c FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME nt IMAGE NAME ntkrnlmp exe DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP e FAILURE BUCKET ID x nt ExFreePoolWithTag c BUCKET ID x nt ExFreePoolWithTag c Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt lmvm nt start end module name d fd nt pdb symbols c symbols ntkrnlmp pdb B ADA F AAA DB B B C FFF ntkrnlmp pdb Loaded symbol image file ntkrnlmp exe Mapped memory image file c symbols ntkrnlmp exe E ntkrnlmp exe Image path ntkrnlmp exe Image name ntkrnlmp exe Timestamp Wed Feb E CheckSum DAE ImageSize File version Product version File flags Mask F File OS NT Win File type App File date Translations b CompanyName Microsoft Corporation ProductName System operacyjny Microsoft Windows InternalName ntkrnlmp exe OriginalFilename ntkrnlmp exe ProductVersion FileVersion xpsp sp gdr - FileDescription J amp dro i system NT LegalCopyright Microsoft Corporation Wszelkie prawa zastrze amp one THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP nbsp

A:XP PRO SP2 random reboots.

For that particular faulting module there is no way from the dump to pinpoint the cause. Pattern is important -- such as when and whether the fault is repeating.

It is an nt memory management module reporting "pool corruption".

The corruption can be caused by non-microsoft drivers such as antivirus or firewalls.

It could also be due to fauty memory.

You might be able to get a more specific clue by running Driver Verifier.

USING DRIVER VERIFIER

Windows has a built in driver tester that may find something.
Before using it you must ensure that you can start in Safe Mode and return from it. If verifier issues a STOP screen, rebooting in Safe Mode is the only way to reset it.

In its default configuration verifier tests "unsigned" drivers, but you can have it test all drivers under maximum conditions.

There's less to it than meets the eye in this MS article:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;244617

To run verifier simply go to Start > run and enter:

verifier.exe

and select "standard configuration" and follow the prompts.
It will run on the next reboot. If it finds something you will get a Blue Screen STOP message.
Ignore the STOP parameters -- they are specific to verifier. The only thing important is the driver file name if it finds one.

If you get a STOP screen you will have to reboot to Safe Mode and run verifier again and have it "delete existing settings"

If you do not get a STOP message you can run it again checking all drivers; driver verifier will continue to run on every boot up until you run:

verifier /reset

or use the graphical interface to delete existing settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-pro-sp2-random-reboots.684969/
Relevancy 49.02%

I've been having this problem for a few years now I Random reboots get no warning message or anything My pc reboots like someone hit the reset button I get an error message on startup saying my pc wasn't shut down correctly but that is it It tends to happen more when playing games but I've had it happen when I was just surfing the web I first built this PC and started using windows vista I thought that was the problem so I downgraded to XP same Random reboots issues My buddy and I built the same PC's at the same time so he lent me his desktop to swap out all my parts one by one to find the problem nothing worked Finally I stumbled upon an article on irq conflicts and shifted my XP pc from an MPCI to a standard PC and it fixed Now I upgraded to windows and the random reboots are back If anyone has any suggestions please let me know Thanks in advance

voltage issues and overheating can both cause a PC to just shutdown/reboot. I would check the temperatures on your cpu and video card first. Make sure you fans are working and that the inside of your case is reasonably clean/dust free

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/68158-random-reboots.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi I hope someone can help I recently bought a custom built PC from a local business and installed my own copy of Windows Ultimate bit The problem is that after about minutes of turning the computer on it freezes with the sound of whatever is on looping also After I have hit the reset button everything is fine for around another minutes or so but then the computer just randomly reboots without warning Once loaded up again it is fine for hours and hours with seemingly Reboots Random no more problems Can anyone tell me what the hell is going on Many Thanks OS - Vista Windows Windows x -bit or x x What was original installed OS on system None Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer Full retail Age of system hardware Less than a year old Age of OS installation - - weeks CPU - Athlon II X mhz Video Card - Radeon XFX HD GB MotherBoard - ASrock N C-S UCC Power Supply - ATX Hard Drive - Hitachi TB RPM SATA quot HD Ram - x gb Corsair DDR

Please provide this info even though you're not reporting BSOD's. The reports will contain helpful information: http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-reboots-575576.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I accidentally DLed a trojan of some sort It began with a red shield in the icon tray saying my computer was infected and needed to download an update I assumed that the trojan I had DLed had been detected by windows defender and that must have been what the shield was Anyhow I couldn't get it to go away so i called the Windows Security help center and they had me run SmitFraudFix and NGenFix although we had to run them in normal mode because I can't currently access safe mode This cleared up the fake shield from the icon tray Now my computer reboots randomly and is obvious to me that there is a trojan downloader of some sort on my system since no matter how many reboots Random times I run Spy-Bot it never comes up clean anymore my system is running super slow and there was pop ups always different but I think they are from a secondary infection since they go away after I fix through spybot I currently run and use on a Random reboots regular basis and have multiple times in this current crisis Spy-Bot McAfee Ad-Aware SE Personal Windows Defender and AVG Anti-Spyware I also run the teatimer and immunization through spybot and run a seperate immunization program SpywareBlaster The only one of these programs that seems to be soming up with anything is Spy-Bot and it's only recognizing the secondary infections Here is my HJT log sorry for being so long winded Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPwuSchd exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files McAfee com VSO mcvsshld exe C Program Files McAfee com VSO oasclnt exe C PROGRA mcafee com mps mscifapp exe C HP KBD KBD EXE c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS arservice exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C PROGRA Comcast COMCAS data Xtras mssysmgr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfAgent exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe c windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings HP Administrator Desktop Computer Protection HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO McBrwHelper Class - B AA -DAF - -BD D- F BCB E - c program files mcafee com mps mcbrhlpr dll O - BHO no name - C BD BE- D- FC - - E FF BAA - no file O - BHO McAfee PopupKiller - EC F-E - cae- B B-B C A - c program files mcafee com mps popupkiller dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - DEC -FB - C- C D-BFC E - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - DA - FD - f - B - CB F - C WINDOWS system btgxgxvf dll file missing O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA... Read more

I believe I have solved the problem on my own

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/random-reboots-137293.html
Relevancy 49.02%

My machine is rebooting at random! It's never when running any specific app, or when I do anything in particular, so I can't pin-point a cause. It could happen 2 minutes after turning on my machine, every 2 minutes after that for 5 times in a row, then it won't do it for 5 hours. But it does happen nearly every day. It could happen right now. Or now. Orrrrr NOW!

No warning, no odd behavior, no nothing. Just goes black and starts the boot up. No power failure, no flickering lights in my house, no fans/heaters on, etc.

I'm going to try a UPS just in case, but I don't think that will solve it.

Any ideas? Even to find a log of what's going on might help. Thanks!

WinXP
AMD XP2000 Processor
512MB RAM
Maxtor 100GB HD

Relevancy 49.02%

My PC has taken to randomly rebooting lately.
Either that or the monitor goes off and I have to manually reboot with the button on the case.

Event viewer reports this every time it happens:

Quote:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 (0xfffffa80113ba110, 0xfffff88005068a08, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\Minidump\060815-18252-01.dmp. Report Id: 060815-18252-01.

but I don't know what that means.

The .dmp file:
Attachment 361907

This build is only 4 months old.
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/372188-random-reboots.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello everyone first post because i m having a fairly serious with reboots random Help issue and I have no idea how to figure out whats going on My desktop will randomly reboot at random sec- hour intervals even when the screens off and no programs are open for example i ll go get some dinner and come back and startup programs will be open so I know it restarted when I was gone I m pretty sure its not overheating I installed a program called CoreTemp that says I m only at Help with random reboots Celsius I have no idea if it s a hardware problem or Help with random reboots if it s a virus or something I like to think i m careful but its a possibility I tried to look in my event viewer to see whats going on and found the following The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly Anyway thanks for taking the time to help me out if you need any more information just ask Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Phenom tm II X T Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd A-D P Antivirus ZoneAlarm Free Firewall Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Hello...

I'm having random reboots from my custom built PC. I've swapped video cards, and ran a ram test for over 6 hours with no issues. The reboots are completely random and sometimes go a week or so without happening. Specs are as follows:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Intel Core i5-4670K @ 3.40 GHz
8 GB ram (Corsair Vengance)
Nvidia Geforce GTX 760 (I've also swapped this with a GTX 460 and the problem still occurs)
Corsair HX 650 Power Supply
Z87M Gaming Motherboard (nothing overclocked)

Directly after reboot I've ran my Bios and CPU temps are fine (40 degrees C).

I've posted a .jpg of the errors from the event log.

Let me know what else you can reccommend I try. Thanks in advance.

-Mark-

A:Random PC Reboots

Oh, I've also plugged the pc directly into the wall (no power supply) to eliminate that as well... Any ideas anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-pc-reboots.1144994/
Relevancy 49.02%

My Dell Studio laptop seems to randomly reboot itself Once it reboots I get a screen that asks if I want to search for a solution or something like that I always click yes but nothing ever happens Occasionally I get the actual quot blue Reboots Random screen quot it sure is tiny on my p display but most of the time the screen just suddenly goes black and reboots Also occasionally when I try to put the machine to quot Random Reboots sleep quot it gets stuck and I never get the blinking light I then Random Reboots must hold the power button till the machine shuts off completely The machine often seems sluggish I have to wait a few seconds before scrolling down a web page for example Not what I'd expect from a machine that's maybe months old I've used msconfig's startup and services tabs and unchecked many items that looked unnecessary such as the Dell support and backup items but it hasn't improved anything I'm glad I found this forum Looks like you guys could be really helpful Thanks in advance Dump files attached

Hi -

21 BSODs dating back to July 2010. Networking issues involved. Intel wifi named in 14 BSODs as the probable cause.

Update Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200 AGN driver -

Code:
NETw5s64.sys Tue Sep 15 15:40:39 2009 (4AAFEDB7)

Intel drivers - http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...19142&lang=eng

Remove McAfee Internet Security - http://jcgriff2.com/A-V_Removal_Tool...e_Removal.html

Reboot upon completion. Install MSE - http://www.microsoft.com/Security_Essentials/

If BSODs persist, run the Driver Verifier -- http://jcgriff2.com/driver_verifier.htm

Windbg Logs
--> http://jcgriff2.net/BSOD_Logs/_99-db..._jcgriff2_.txt
--> http://jcgriff2.net/BSOD_Logs/_99-db...riff2_.txt.zip

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Debug session time: Tue Nov 30 20:29:39.235 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 6 days 6:43:45.330
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for NETw5s64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for NETw5s64.sys
Probably caused by : NETw5s64.sys ( NETw5s64+1b6d75 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xc2_7
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: curl.exe
Bugcheck code 000000C2
Arguments 00000000`00000007 00000000`00001097 00000000`0021000a fffffa80`03f3bd40
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Tue Nov 23 22:02:53.864 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 15:34:50.638
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for NETw5s64.sys
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xc2_7_W3Rx
Bugcheck code 000000C2
Arguments 00000000`00000007 00000000`00001097 00000000`0421000f fffffa80`08509670
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Wed Nov 17 22:03:41.924 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:43:01.765
Probably caused by : NETw5s64.sys ( NETw5s64+1a7b58 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA
PROCESS_NAME: System
Bugcheck code 0000000A
Arguments 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 fffff800`030d8610
Debug session time: Tue Nov 9 07:19:48.043 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 4 days 1:49:01.333
Probably caused by : NETw5s64.sys
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F
PROCESS_NAME: System
Bugcheck code 0000009F
Arguments 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`04906060 fffff800`00b9c518 fffffa80`0405ca30
Debug session time: Wed Nov 3 07:13:49.358 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 2 days 0:16:21.810
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xc2_7_W3Rx
Bugcheck code 000000C2
Arguments 00000000`00000007 00000000`00001097 00000000`04210010 fffffa80`03c3c610
Debug session time: M... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-reboots-532577.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have signed up as I am getting nauzed off now I like to try and fix errors myself but other more techie minded persons are needed I have been trying to sort out this problem now for a few days I will atatch all the info and hopefully this can be sorted I have been getting this in the Admin Events log for about days now Random reboots. Error The application has failed to start because the side by side configuration is incorrect please see the application event log or use the command line sxstrace exe tool for more details I formatted the pc on Wed amp it s still happening I Was going to run memtest and take case apart and give it a good clean but not done either yet MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by brum administrator on - - at Running from quot C Users brum Downloads quot Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack X Model GA- LMT-S P Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd Boot Mode Normal Event log errors Application errors Error AM Source SideBySide User Description Activation context generation failed for quot Microsoft VC MFCLOC processorArchitecture quot x quot publicKeyToken quot fc b b a e e b quot type quot win quot version quot quot quot Dependent Assembly Microsoft VC MFCLOC processorArchitecture quot x quot publicKeyToken quot fc b b a e e b quot type quot win quot version quot quot could not be found Please use sxstrace exe for detailed diagnosis Error AM Source SideBySide User Description Activation context generation failed for quot Microsoft VC MFCLOC processorArchitecture quot x quot publicKeyToken quot fc b b a e e b quot type quot win quot version quot quot quot Dependent Assembly Microsoft VC MFCLOC processorArchitecture quot x quot publicKeyToken quot fc b b a e e b quot type quot win quot version quot quot could not be found Please use sxstrace exe for detailed diagnosis Error AM Source SideBySide User Description Activation context generation failed for quot Microsoft VC MFCLOC processorArchitecture quot x quot publicKeyToken quot fc b b a e e b quot type quot win quot version quot quot quot Dependent Assembly Microsoft VC MFCLOC processorArchitecture Random reboots. quot x quot publicKeyToken quot fc b b a e e b quot type quot win quot version quot quot could not be Random reboots. found Please use sxstrace exe for detailed diagnosis Error AM Source SideBySide User Description Activation context generation failed for quot Microsoft VC MFCLOC processorArchitecture quot x quot publicKeyToken quot fc b b a e e b quot type quot win quot version quot quot quot Dependent Assembly Microsoft VC MFCLOC processorArchitecture quot x quot publicKeyToken quot fc b b a e e b quot type quot win quot version quot quot could not be found Please use sxstrace exe for detailed diagnosis Error AM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name plugin-container exe version time stamp x c a Faulting module name mozalloc dll version time stamp x b Exception code x Fault offset x aa Faulting process id x Faulting application start time xplugin-container exe Faulting application path plugin-container exe Faulting module path plugin-container exe Report Id plugin-container exe Error AM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name FlashPlayerPlugin exe version time stamp x e a Faulting module name FlashPlayerPlugin exe version time stamp x e a Exception code x Fault offset x a Faulting process id xb c Faulting application start time xFlashPlayerPlugin exe Faulting application path FlashPlayerPlugin exe Faulting module path FlashPlayerPlugin exe Report Id FlashPlayerPlugin exe Error AM Source SideBySide User Description Activation context generation failed for quot Microsoft VC MFCLOC processorArchitecture quot x quot publicKeyToken quot fc b b a e e b quot type quot win quot version quot quot quot Error in manifest or policy file quot Microsoft VC MFCLOC processorArchitecture quot x quot publicKeyToken quot fc b b a e e b quot type quot win quot version quot quot quot on line Microso... Read more

A:Random reboots.

1. Welcome to Tech Support Guy
2. Run the memtest for two complete passes each pass consisting of 8 to 10 tests.
As ram is 8GB and presuming that is either 2 x 4GB or 4 x 2GB I would if 2 x 4GB test each stick ONE at a time before running memtest - it will be far quicker in establishing if one of the two is faulty
3. I do not think it is a heat issue but check the case first
4. Run a chkdsk/ r on the system drive
check the event log on windows logs, application log - search using find on right pane under search term
wininit
Post the log if you wish using copy right pane as text and paste to reply
check for bad sectors
5. When you say no minidumps - does it BSOD and if so are dumps configured and set for minidump
6. When you say you formatted - was that then a clean install of 7.
7. Looking at the errors I am going with hard drive I think rather than ram
8. see screenshot for memtest please, as you can see test 4 at 78% on 41% of that pass

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-reboots.1150253/
Relevancy 49.02%

I m getting constant random reboots everytime I play Lord of the Rings Online I haven t experienced any reboots doing anything else so I m assuming it is the problem I ve checked Event Viewer when I m back up and the errors I was getting were DCOM so I used the DCOMbobulator to disable DCOM Reboots Random and am still getting reboots After my most recent reboot about mins Random Reboots ago there were no errors found in the Event Viewer Below is a copy of my hijack this log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Random Reboots Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system savedump exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C Program Files Eset nod kui exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe Random Reboots C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrobat sl exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C program files steam steam exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Ventrilo Ventrilo exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Eset nod krn exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Logitech Video FxSvr exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Internet Download Manager IDMan exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http go microsoft com fwlink Lin oid amp version amp userlocale O - BHO IDM Helper - C - - B-A BF- B C A A - C Program Files Internet Download Manager IDMIECC dll O - BHO ContributeBHO Class - C DC - - A A- D-C C - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - BHO SmartSelect - F EE -DAA ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-reboots.820173/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey there - having Random Reboots some issues on a work computer and I m not really sure what the problem is Random reboots - Occur with no warning and Random Reboots no BSOD After Random Reboots doing various things to narrow down the problems I am stuck on Random Reboots what this is I m fairly certain there is a virus on here as I can t even go to a Hijack this link in IE or Firefox I logged on to another user and downloaded it on that one no problem I get a quot Windows Recovered from Serious Error quot message when the computer boots up When I send the report it brings up a bios not matching processor page on the microsoft help site So here is the HijackThis log which I took in the affected user s full boot up in normal mode Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Nero Nero InCD InCDsrv exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG mdm exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C WINDOWS system STacSV exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C WINDOWS sttray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACDaemon exe C Program Files Nero Nero InCD NBHGui exe C Program Files Nero Nero InCD InCD exe C Program Files Xerox NWWia XrxFTPLt exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Documents and Settings Store Owner My Documents ny Files HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http postnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO PPOob - E BDC- E - AED- FBE- CB B - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan scriptsn dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp sttray exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeys... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-reboots.729159/
Relevancy 49.02%

OK so about days after fixing an NT System Authority shutdown using the Random Reboots winsock fix the other PC on the network randomly reboots I must note that its like somone is pressing the reset button and there is no warning It's usually prompted by full screen applications such as Random Reboots games and a disk cleanup seemed to do it also I'm thinking it could be a hardware failiure but theres no blue screen and I havent installed any new hardware for months Log was analyzed using HijackThis Analyzer - Updated on Get updates at http www greyknight com download htm programs Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C HJT HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www msn co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C WINDOWS SYSTEM blank htm O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe O - HKCU Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe O - DPF BCB- D A- D -A B- DA DE RdxIE Class - http software-dl real com d p RdxIE cab O - DPF E D DE - - -A - DFAD A D MessengerStatsClient Class - http messenger zone msn com binary t cab cab O - DPF DF F -FF B- DF - D - DB A A PopCapLoader Object - http zone msn com bingame dim def ploader v cab End of HijackThis Analyzer Log Thanks again for any help

Download: StartDreck (http://www.greyknight17.com/spy/StartDreck.zip).

Unzip to its own folder and start the program:
Press 'Config'
Press 'mark all'

Uncheck the following boxes only:
System/Drivers -> NT Services
System/Drivers -> NT Kernel- and FS-drivers
Press 'OK'

Press 'Save' and select the location to save the log file (default is the same folder as the application)

Post the log in this thread.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/random-reboots-29247.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello, recently I have found a major problem happening with my computer. I play world of warcraft, and as i was playing my computer froze then went a Gateway screen, after that it rebooted.

So i thought maybe i hit the power button..or something...wrong

Every so often, maybe 2 or 3 times a day it does this rebooting thing.
If anyone has a clue what it can be please help I'd appreciate it. thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/random-reboots-please-help-184308.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi TechSpot As is obvious I m having some technical difficulties with a new PC I ve had a little over two weeks and would appreciate any help possible I am currently running on ghz Prescott Pentium GB DDR RAM GB hard drive disabled onboard graphics and my own budget Radeon Atlantis mb card I have been in discussions with the executive of the place where I got the computer from and it seems he s sending me in Sorry. Reboots - Random circles but having checked here other people seem to be experiencing the same Random Reboot problem Random Reboots - Sorry. I am having From what I ve read of others on here it could be the guy I traded the graphics card from an old friend hadn t installed it correctly and has ruined it could be drivers which MS OCA says at times overheating Sys amp Cpu temp allegedly- degree s or that I blew the power supply by not using a surge protection adapter They are sending out a new power supply if I ring them later firstly I d like to get your input into this matter and see if you can narrow down the possibilities and lead me closer to being able to actually use the PC as I m miles behind work deadlines as it is and currently at the end of my teather I am attaching of the most recent dumps and one anomaly which is for some reason bigger in file size just for fun Please help Slack xoxoxo They also think it could be overheating because the sensor may have been dislodged and the temperature could be innacurate nbsp

A:Random Reboots - Sorry.

And something I forgot to mention -
I ran a memory test on the two sticks of RAM, finding that one had 7 'Results' found when using LRAND. I checked them individually, and the results were all on one stick. Should there be that many errors found when using a Standard Settings Scan?
On the other stick there were none, until I used the Extended version of the test... But apparantly you can't get "perfect" error-free components, so this is normal. Well thats what they told me.

Anyways,
Noob will await your analysis and advice.

Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-reboots-sorry.36012/
Relevancy 49.02%

This is starting to make me mad.. what seems to be random reboots has been plaging me for a bit now. It normally reboots when i flip to a program or boot a program up sometimes i feel it has no reason to. Norton says I have no viruses and Spybot and Adaware say im clean. I dont know if theres a hardware defect or what but im annoyed! Also I keep defrag levels above 98%

Relevancy 49.02%

My computer continually randomly reboots itself, and then is fine when it loads up, but this is a very annoying problem, can anyone provide a solution?

This is almost always caused by overheating. Check all the cooling fans inside your computer. There are other things too, but first check your fans. There should be at least one inside the power supply and one that cools the CPU directly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-reboots.389905/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello Reboots Random I ve been experiencing a lot of random system Random Reboots reboots and are becoming more frequent Since the crashes are random and don t happen on a timely basis I ll try and explain the best I can I rarely ever get a warning with a blue screen it just automatically goes black and restarts But the last few times its been giving me a blue screen about quot physical memory dumping quot One of the very frequent causes I do know of that never gives me a warning is when I run any sort of flash based websites or applications but its very random and isn t consistent on crashes Other times it seems to crash when my pc has been running for a while or if I ve left it idle for a couple of hrs I can t really give you an idea of a time my pc has run decently without crashes since I think it has from day Also I know at one point I turned off the system reboot on a crash but it still does it anyways I m running XP Professional SP Dual Core AMD Opteron Processor gb ram Dump File Mini - dmp Crash Time AM Bug Check String IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Bug Check Code x a Parameter x e Parameter x Parameter x Parameter x e a Caused By Driver hal dll Caused By Address hal dll a File Description Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version xpsp - Processor -bit Crash Address ntkrnlpa exe d Stack Address hal dll a Stack Address afd sys ff Stack Address ntkrnlpa exe a c Computer Name Full Path C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File Mini - dmp Crash Time AM Bug Check String KERNEL MODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Bug Check Code x e Parameter xc Parameter x bb ce Parameter xb a c Parameter x Caused By Driver ntkrnlpa exe Caused By Address ntkrnlpa exe e ce File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version xpsp sp gdr - Processor -bit Crash Address ntkrnlpa exe e ce Stack Address ntkrnlpa exe f fa Stack Address ntkrnlpa exe f Stack Address ntkrnlpa exe fae Computer Name Full Path C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File Mini - dmp Crash Time AM Bug Check String IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Bug Check Code x a Parameter xa d cff Parameter x Parameter x Parameter x d Caused By Driver ntkrnlpa exe Caused By Address ntkrnlpa exe d File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version xpsp sp gdr - Processor -bit Crash Address ntkrnlpa exe d Stack Address ntkrnlpa exe c d Stack Address ntkrnlpa exe ce Stack Address ntkrnlpa exe cfd Computer Name Full Path C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size

Hello,And welcome to BleepingComputer.com, before we can assist you with your question of: Am I infected? You will need to perform the following tasks and post the logs of each if you can.Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareNOTEMalwarebytes is now offering a free trial of their program, if you want to accept it you will need to enter some billing information, so that at the end of the trial you would be charged the cost of the product. Please decline this offer, if you are unable to provide billing information. If you want to try it out, then provide the billing information.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Full Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.SUPERAntiSpyware:Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/407751/random-reboots/
Relevancy 49.02%

hiy guys in reboots xp win random i really hope someone can help me with this mega problem it all random reboots in win xp started when i went away for a day and left my kids and in the house they say they didnt do anything at all but when i came home the pc was repeatedly rebooting itself it would random reboots in win xp load windows normally and then after no specific time reboot sometimes while its loading itll re-boot sometimes after its been random reboots in win xp on mins or mins then just reboot itself i decided to install a second copy of windows xp on the same drive which went on uneventfull the computer didnt reboot at all but the new problem was that the pc couldnt see the LAN connection so i cant connect to the net i tried new cables direct to modem the cable from this laptop which is obviously working but nothing would work as far as windows is concerned i have no LAN card or port checking network connections in controll panel it only shows the connection But on the rare occasions the original windows stays on long enough with out rebooting i can access the net no problems but itll just repeatedly reboot i decided to put my spare ide drive in the pc on its own disconnected the other drives and re-installed windows xp pro on that drive again everything went to plan again except i can not get onto the internet i downloaded the nvidia lan drivers from this laptop and installed them on the poorly pc and still no lan conection can be found im not a newbie at computers and have managed to get by so far first pc was back in but this is really really testing my patience i can not understand why it cant see the lan connection it always has before when i insert the connection one light comes on and the communicatiins light dosent come on at all theres no talking between pc and router maybe i have a bootsector virus how do i test and rid it any help guys will really be appreciated i have kids that cant do homework and project work but most importantly they can get on facebook disaster i know idont think its anything to do with ram powersupply or overheating cpu as it runs happy just no lan just looked at the event log viewer and there are a couple of interesting things there im adding the txt files for you to look at and i hope someone can help me out on this thankyou nbsp

A:random reboots in win xp

I have seen computers re-boot after a period of time and the issue was bad memory. If you can get access to another computer, download & burn the Ultimate Boot CD (http://ubcd.sourceforge.net/download.html). Boot to the CD you just burned and select the memory test. Since your problem occurs after 5 or 10 minutes, let the test go on for at least 15 minutes or until errors show up. (If you receive no errors after 30 minutes, quit the mem test as this is not the problem.) If you receive error messages and have more than one mem module, you may have to do a re-test one module at a time to isolate the bad one and replace it.

A bad video card or corrupted driver will do the same thing (sometimes)

If indeed you do have a bad memory module, be easy on the kids as I doubt they had anything to do with the hardware going bad. Hopefully this will keep you from throwing your computer out the window and from grounding your kids until 2015.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-reboots-in-win-xp.867940/
Relevancy 49.02%

Good Day All I have a buddy s computer and it reboots randomly as I click on programs or navigate through Windows Control Reboots Random Panel or other Windows applications I ran Windows Memory Diagnostic and Memtest and both came up clean I don t think it s an overheating issue The computer is nothing fancy MB HD CD-DVD Random Reboots Drive PWR SUPP There are no external cards network video sound nothing I ran Hijackthis and ran the log through an analyzer and it didn t report any quot bad quot exe s I disabled the quot Auto-Restart quot on System Failure to try to get the BSOD so I could find an error code but when it does crash the screen is a total mess of lines and colors and I Random Reboots can t make out any words if they re even there Here are some specs XP SP MB Biostar P M -M FE W Micro HPC Power Supply Please let me know what Random Reboots additional information you need and I will supply it Thank you for your time

when it does crash the screen is a total mess of lines and colors and I can't make out any words, if they're even there. Here are some specs: That right there means the video card is dying. I would replace it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/436804/random-reboots/
Relevancy 49.02%

Checking event viewer system folder reveals many warnings and errors over the latest month or so. Unfortunately I do not understand enough about the reports to interpret them correctly.

Recent examples of entries are as follows:

Type......Date.....Source..........................Event
Error......11-15....Service Control Manager...7000
Error......11-15....Service Control Manager...7001
Error......11-15....Service Control Manager...7023
Error......11-15....SideBySide.........................59
Error......11-15....SideBySide.........................32
Error......11-15....Dhcp..............................1002
Warning 11-15....Server............................2504

Is there an event chart to which you could refer me? That might help me to determine what is going on?

In addition, there are application folder errors and warnings as well as security folder failure audits indicating a category of policy change.

Any help would be appreciated because I am out of my league.

Thank you,
Ivan Hubscher

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/random-xp-reboots-195764.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all I am just finishing my build and am a little Random reboots perplexed I am running the following Asus Rampage Extreme III Mother Board I CPU Asus GTX GPU Dominator x RAM Raptor HD RPM Thermaltake toughpower PSU Windows bit Random reboots After the build I booted up and installed Windows Everything seemed fine until I completed all updates At that point the system started to reboot itself without warning at random times During start up to minutes after usage sometimes promting to start up in safe mode and sometimes just starting up as if nothing happened After updating the Bios I reinstalled windows and this time did not run updates and rather installed just the individual drivers for all my hardware The system has been running for hours without issues until I tried to create system image During the burning of the DVD the system cut out again but has remained stabil doing all other tasks I even managed to burn a system repair disk without issues I checked the driver for the DVD burner Standard ASUS x and it seemed fine Now I am not sure if I should try my luck with Windows updates to see what happens or

Hi there and welcome,

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

Possible causes:

1. you need a better driver for your dvd burner
2. a physical hardware problem, such as cabling, bios settings, or even bad bios

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/121807-random-reboots.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey everyone. I just ran into a problem that has persisted for a few days. I've had my computer for 3 years and never had a problem with it. Now a few days ago it started randomly rebooting when I play games. Sometimes I get a blue screen that says something about a memory dump, other times it reboots normally. One of my friends said my CPU might be overheating (Intel i7 920, 2.67GHz, not overclocked), so I found out my core temps: 53-58 when not doing much, and somewhere in the 80s when running a game. Any insight on possible causes is highly appreciated.

A:Random reboots.

Hello,

Let's start with your temps: Anything above 80-85c is to much, it might be an overheating problem so i suggest to buy an air duster, or a compressed air can and clean your computer vents. They can be found at any computer store or online from Amazon.com

For futher assistant we need your computer specs, please list them.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-reboots-661396.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi everyone.

I've got a PC that was recently built, running XP SP3, when it suddenly started random reboots. I've already checked the hard drive with the O/S for errors and it came out clean. I've also scanned the PC with NOD32 but didn't show any malware. I don't get a blue screen with the reboots, just the message 'windows has recovered from a serious error'. I'm not sure if it's hardware or software related. I've attached 4 of the latest dump files for anyone that can read them.

Thanks for any replies.

A:random reboots on XP SP3

I would test the memory . . click the link to Memtest in my signature

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/random-reboots-on-xp-sp3-411982.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello, I seem to have a wee bit of a problem with my computer (obviously). It loves to reboot/freeze & hang while I play games. Out of all the forums I've seen this problem in, none of them actually had a solution to this problem..

Here's my specs :
Athlon XP 2600
60 & 80 GB HD
Radeon 9200 128 DDR-ram (catalyst 4.4)
Sound Blaster LIVE! 5.1
Windows XP Pro
1 gig DDR ram
Now I've updated everything on my puter, but the problem still arises.
I've turned off the Automatic Restart, useless services; I've Defragged, Reformatted, Reinstalled Drivers; Put the AGP to 4x instead of 8x; Made sure my system was cooled enough (old fashioned fan blowing into the puter area) and finally I've made sure there was no spyware/virus'/trojans.

Any insight? Thanks.

Relevancy 49.02%

I ve been having Reboots Random some issues with my PC doing random reboots What s happened so far About a week ago my PC started to do random reboots I took it in to a local PC shop to get it dusted cause I thought it was overheating This has happened in the past and by getting a good dusting it did fix the issue But even after that the random reboots continued A friend of mine who is a PC technician attempted to fix it with no success He did various software and hardware Random Reboots checks Not sure what Decided to reformat and reinstall Windows XP and a handful of software I Random Reboots use on a daily basis Random reboots continued Took it in to the shop I bought it from and the technicians there could not pinpoint the problem was either Random reboots occur when I go into folders with movies or images the PC will reboot instantly If I view these folders in List no reboots Only in Thumbnail Read this on another forum But it s only a temporary fix All other reboots are random And today I finally get a blue screen after a random reboot This is the error message Bad Pool Caller STOP X C X X XD X OXE I read on an older post when someone asked to attach the minidump dmp file for a closer inspection I have attached the latest minidump file Does anyone know how to fix this issue Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Hey guys I m new to this site but from what I have read so far I like it very much I have been having a problem for a few months now Every so often reboots random my computer will just randomly reboot itself I am not sure but I suspect it random reboots has something to do with my RAM When I have just one stick installed it doesnt restart at least i dont remember it ever restarting I have read many suggestions I have upgraded Bios chipset all random reboots drivers and even reformatted but I still have random reboots the problem i also read an article that said to adjust the CAS value for your ram and the fsb http www pcworld com howto article aid pg asp I increased the CAS value and it seemed to allow my computer to run longer without the restarting but when i decrease my fsb my computer will not even boot if any of you guys have suggestions please help me out thanks edit i have tried testing with multiple sticks of ram whenever i have two in it reboots or gets an error the second one i have in now is brand new I have also run memtest and no errors came up i just read another post and turned off the automatic reboot option i will post the error message once i get it thanks nbsp

here is that event 1001 i say other people talking about.

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000c5 (0x000a0008, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x8053d39a). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini090805-02.dmp.

here is three event 1003s:
Error code 0000007f, parameter1 0000000d, parameter2 00000000, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 00000000.

Error code 0000000a, parameter1 00000004, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 804e2a1a.

Error code 100000be, parameter1 bf802e51, parameter2 0c0fa021, parameter3 b8859c98, parameter4 0000000c.

ive also attached some minidump files. thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-reboots.32874/
Relevancy 49.02%

I've run MemTest86 and RAM has no errors. Ran UnHackMe and didn't find any trojans or malware. AVG antivirus comes back clean, but I'm getting these random reboots that have me stumped. Tried three different power supplies. Did get one BSOD with following error codes:
0X0000008E (OXC000001D, 0X804E1C52, 0XBA03CD18, 0X0000000).
I ran Runscanner and have attached that file

Relevancy 49.02%

I'll be going along nicely on my computer and it suddenly just shuts down and reboots all by itself. Anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this. Any help is much appreciated.
Chuck

Relevancy 49.02%

Hello.
After CPU change from max TDP 144W to max 125W, pc randomly reboots. It's not BSOD, there is no minidump, also it's not temp problem. It mostly reboots while watching youtube (1080p po 1h), but it doesn't reboot when 1080p songs are played in background. When using prime95 it sometimes reboots instantly, sometime nothing happens for 10 mins. While playing games with medium CPU utilisation nothing happens, but when i load ARMA 3 for example it reboots.

MB: Gigabyte ga-970A-UD3 
CPU: AMD FX-8350 8x4.0 GHz 
CPU Cooling: SilentiumPC Fortis HE1225 
GPU: Palit GTX 960 4 GB 
RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB (2x4GB) 1600 MHz 
HDD: Seagate 1TB, SATAIII 
SSD: Kingstone HyperX Fury 120 GB 
Zasilacz: OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W

Tried:
Memtest.
Restart SW,
Changing SATA power cable,
Looking at condensators in power supply
HWMonitor:

A:Random pc reboots

Check the event logs and it should show if there was a power interruption or if something else may be causing it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/614500/random-pc-reboots/
Relevancy 49.02%

I need some help. A computer that belongs to a friend of mine randomly reboots when it is being used. I installed anti-virus software to see if it was malicious software causing the problem. I was able to remove quite a bit of viruses/trojans/spyware but it still reboots at random times. I don't know what is causing this and I was hoping that someone here could help.

A:XP random reboots

If you're having trouble with viruses and trojans, please post your problem in the Malware Removal forum, where an expert will help you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-random-reboots.748470/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi

I have a pc that randomly reboots, .dmp files are here:

http://www.csuke.com/minidump.zip

Hoping someone can help

Cheers

Red

If it is a blue screen causing it to reboot then disable auto reboot in registry.
at RUN type regedit, then browse to this path
HKLM\system\controlset(001)\control\crashcontrol

Check CPU if overheating, if your mother board supports diag. software to monitor your cpu. try "motherboard monitor"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-reboots.75324/
Relevancy 49.02%

im getting random crash reboots, and bsods, when opening folders, programs, exes, and randomly in the night.

can anyone help me?

it seems to only happen when opening up folders/exe's/games/mozilla firefox.
and in the middle of the night, randomly.

try safe mode are you getting the same results.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/random-reboots-322791.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I'm running Windows XP SP3.

I recently put a new motherboard in my computer as the old one broke down back in June 2010. Ever since installing Windows, updating it completely, and adding all my pictures/movies/music, I've had my machine reboot itself at least once per session.

The error message I get from the Event Viewer is this:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x100000d1 (0xa4072000, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xa8e110d8). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini011311-03.dmp.

I've added my minidump files, any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Random reboots on Win XP

Howdy,

All those MiniDumps say probably caused by : viahduaa.sys

I believe that is the sound driver VIA High Definition Audio Driver

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-reboots-on-win-xp.974588/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have had a core I7 running smooth for about 6 months and lately it has been rebooting and acting odd. If someone could look at the attached dumps I would appreciate it. Also if someone could point me to a good guide in understanding dump files I would appreciate also.

A:Getting random reboots

Code:
Model Corsair Force GT ATA Device

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.2.9200.20512 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\USER\Downloads\jackhandsome\SF_03-10-2013\100213-8018-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\SymCache*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.18229.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130801-1533
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`03258000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`0349b6d0
Debug session time: Thu Oct 3 04:08:43.472 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:51:58.253
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa801a43bb30, fffffa801a43be10, fffff800035d40d0}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Follow this:

Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden

If you have an SSD, make sure the following are up to date:SSD firmware
BIOS Version
Chipset Drivers
Hard disk controller drivers/SATA drivers
If you have a Marvell IDE ATA/ATAPI device, make sure the drivers are up to date from the Intel site or Marvell site and not from your motherboard/vendor support site.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/307085-getting-random-reboots.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello..

Helping my mom out with her system. It has begun randomly rebooting itself while she's working on it. No warning boxes or anything pop up, just -flash- and you're at the BIOS splash screen and restarting.

Ive gone through and ensured her video drivers are up-to-date, that she's malware free and the like.. but the problem persists.

Any suggestions are very much appreciated..

SF tool results attached.

Thank you,

nopk

A:Random reboots, once a day or two.

Hi nopk. You are having all stop 0x124 BSODs, which is supposed to be hardware error.

It appears that the computer is somehow old. Is the computer hot? Report us the heat of the computer after a couple of hours of your normal usage. Upload a screenshot of the summery tab of Speccy.

Check if the Power Supply Unit (PSU) supplying adequate power to the computer or not.
eXtreme Power Supply Calculator
Also let us know the wattage of the PSU.

You have one BIOS Update to apply. Get Version 2302 dated 2011.03.18 from http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M4A...rt_Download_30.

Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes, preferably overnight.

Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Stress test the CPU.
Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/305459-random-reboots-once-day-two.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello all I have a small problem with random reboots and playing games I ll be a random amount of time into Oblivion or older games such as Divine Divinity Then there are games that don t seem to bother it S T A L K E R Counter Strike Source a few others And my system just up and reboots on me No error messages nothing in the event log etc Even with turning off restarting on a error from the control panel I ve done scans for everything cleaned up defragmented my hard drives cleaned out some dusts etc I have nothing overclocked as well I ve had my system sent to a Tech He ran memtest Prime and DMark for hours on end even Reboots. Random let most of them go overnight Nothing seems wrong at all other than these random reboots I have updated drivers and chipsets etc as well There is an update for my BIOS but it does something to the CPU Microcode I didn t think that was needed My Random Reboots. system is as follows Enermax W PSU MSI Neo-F Mainboard P Conroe board Intel E Ghz BFG GT x gig Super Talent RAM x WD Cavier G MB Cache Onboard Audio From Everest Field Value Sensor Properties Sensor Type HDD GPU Sensor Type Driver NV-DRV Temperatures CPU C F GPU C F WDC WD JS- NCB C F WDC WD JS- NCB C F And voltages in BIOS under Computer Health read as System Temperature Random Reboots. - C CPU Temperature - C CPU VCore - V V - V V - Between and V VSB - Between and V Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Random Reboots.

Hi, have you checked the bios for Temperature shut down settings? The PSU seems a git low for gaming Im running a 650W and thats only average. But I would doubt it would reboot your system.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/91283/random-reboots/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi there reboots Random First time posting hopefully I have captured what is required OS - Windows pro SP x Original OS Windows Home Premium Version of current OS I'm a Microsoft Partner - it's internal use software licenses for partners Bought this about Random reboots months ago Installed this OS about months reinstalled right away clean to remove Dell crap Proc Intel Core i - processor MB Cache GHz Video ATI Radeon HD GB DDR MotherBoard unsure Power Supply unsure Dell Studio XPS I've seen a lot of posts specific to my machine and a possible issue with the heatsink The computer is not within any enclosure open bottom desk so Random reboots overheating should not be an issue from normal use barring hardware issues of course Not being a hardware tech I'm starting this to see if there are other issues before proceeding down other avenues to resolve this It's random frequency is hard to determine since I don't use the machine every day but when I do use it it seems it happens once for every extended use day if that makes any sense TIA for any help you can provide Jen

There are several memory dumps present in the uploaded files, the most recent being from 19 Sep 2011 (the next most recent is from June and was probably fixed with the Windows Update USB fix). Did you notice this memory dump occurring? Could the random reboots actually be BSOD's? I'd suggest disabling Automatic restarts in order to stop the system at the BSOD (if it's occurring). Here's instructions on how to do this: Set MiniDump

The memory dump points to memory corruption - which doesn't necessarily mean an issue with your memory (this includes CPU Cache, mobo, video and RAM), but it's a good idea to test the memory just to be sure. Here's a link to a free memory test: Memory Diagnostics (read the instructions at the link). There are more tests for the other memory components - but let's not start with them right now.

Repeated errors of this type in the System logfile:

Quote:

Event[903]:
Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-Printers
Date: 2011-09-25T10:01:38.000
Event ID: 1111
Task: N/A
Level: Error
Opcode: Info
Keyword: Classic
User: N/A
User Name: N/A
Computer: KCIDESK01
Description:
Driver Send To Microsoft OneNote 2010 Driver required for printer Send To OneNote 2010 is unknown. Contact the administrator to install the driver before you log in again.

Event[904]:
Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-Printers
Date: 2011-09-25T10:01:33.000
Event ID: 1111
Task: N/A
Level: Error
Opcode: Info
Keyword: Classic
User: N/A
User Name: N/A
Computer: KCIDESK01
Description:
Driver deskPDF required for printer deskPDF is unknown. Contact the administrator to install the driver before you log in again.

Are you doing anything unusual with the printer drivers?

This device is disabled:

Quote:

Broadcom NetLink (TM) Gigabit Ethernet PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_1692&SUBSYS_040D1028&REV_01\4&1A374EE1&0&00E5 This device is disabled.

If it's not needed - enable it, uninstall it's software and physically remove the device from the system. If it is needed, then enable it and update it's software - then disable it again.

So, let's see if we can force it to spit out the name of a 3rd party driver that it blames for the problem. If it doesn't find one, then we'll start looking at hardware/compatibility issues. Please follow these instructions to run Driver Verifier:

Quote:

Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

So, I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Special Pool" and "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
NOTE: You can use Low Resource Simulation if you'd like. From my limited experimentation it makes the BSOD's come faster.
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-reboots-603369.html
Relevancy 49.02%

For some reason for the past month now my computer restarts itself randomly pretty strange actually And I was thinking that maybe it is something bad Here is a hijackthis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer Random reboots... v SP Running processes F WINDOWS System smss exe F WINDOWS Random reboots... system csrss exe F WINDOWS system Random reboots... winlogon exe F WINDOWS system services exe F WINDOWS system lsass exe F WINDOWS system svchost exe F WINDOWS Random reboots... system svchost exe F WINDOWS System svchost exe F WINDOWS system svchost exe F WINDOWS system svchost exe F WINDOWS system spoolsv exe f program files common files logishrd lvmvfm LVPrcSrv exe F WINDOWS Explorer EXE F Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe F Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe F Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe D Programs A-V AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe F Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr Communications Helper exe F Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE F WINDOWS system nvsvc exe F Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe F WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe D Programs A-V Spyware Doctor svcntaux exe F Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe F WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe F Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exe D Programs A-V Spyware Doctor SDTrayApp exe D Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DragToDisc DrgToDsc exe D Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator AudioCentral RxMon exe F Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe F Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe D Programs Itunes iTunesHelper exe F WINDOWS system ctfmon exe D Programs A-V SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe E Program Files Azeroth Advisor Uploader AzerothAdvisor exe F Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin m IMPipe exe D Programs A-V Spyware Doctor swdsvc exe F Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE D Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator AudioCentral Playlist exe F Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr LVComSX exe F WINDOWS system svchost exe F Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe F Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe F WINDOWS system wscntfy exe F Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe F WINDOWS System alg exe F Program Files AIM aim exe F Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe D Programs Itunes iTunes exe F Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe D PROGRAMS Mozilla Firefox firefox exe D Programs A-V Hijackthis HijackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - F Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - F Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut HDAShCut exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP F Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAX quot F Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe quot tray O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE F WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE F WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run LogitechCommunicationsManager quot F Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr Communications Helper exe quot O - HKLM Run LogitechQuickCamRibbon quot D Programs QuickCam exe quot hide O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot F Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update F Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility F WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run DeviceDiscovery F Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exe O - HKLM Run Avvenu Access n Share Update quot D Programs Avvenu updater exe quot O - HKLM Run SDTray quot D Programs A-V Spyware Doctor SDTrayApp exe quot O - H... Read more

Relevancy 49.02%

Hello,

My name is Krysti, and I'm somewhat okay with computers. (ish. )
Lately my desktop has been restarting at random, I think at CPU intensive moments, but I'm not quite sure...
I don't know what could cause this, since I don't think I installed anything new or made any changes to my system recently. I thought it was overheating perhaps, but I cleaned the fans and checked if they worked, which they did. Maybe it's just old age, I don't know? I really don't know what to do and I hate using my laptop at home, which is what I'm doing now.

Hopefully someone can help me? I'd appreciate it so much! Thanks in advance!

Krysti

ps: I entered my desktop's computer specifications on my profile.

Relevancy 49.02%

Okay so I'm not sure exactly what the problem is so i posted it here Here's the deal You'd be playing a game even something as simple as Caesar along nicely and the computer in question would random give a blue screen in reference to a file called nv disp dll Now the only recent changes on said machine are that it has been put into a new case Also a new graphics card and GB of Kingston RAM have been added Now in the case it has been moved to there used to be another computer but sadly enough lightening had struck very close to the house and fried the motherboard Reboots Random As far as I know nothing else was harmed The graphics card and the RAM that are in the present computer were also in the previous one Now Random Reboots the case is a Raidmax model KY- maybe the motherboard that is in there now is an ASUS A N X Deluxe the processor is an AMD XP and the graphics card is a BFG Nvidia GeForce GT OC There is also a new DVD CD drive in there Now I have no idea if this is a problem with windows or the new hardware or both But I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me out on how to remedy the situation expeditiously

reseat your video card, update the drivers

enter your device manager, make sure theres no yellow alerts

is the power supply the same one.. with the lightning storm issue?

what supply is in it now?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/random-reboots-97069.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I just my upgraded my MX440-8X to a FX5700 and now when i play a 3d game my sytem randomly reboots - no errors no bsod no nothing. Oddly enough the Sims 2 works fine. I have even reformatted and reinstalled Windows. My specs-
AthlonXP 1700+ (Palomino)
Epox 8KHA+ (KT266A)
256MB PC2100 No Name (Samsung chips)
Chaintech SA5700 128 MB (FX5700 - not LE or Ultra)
SBLive!Value
Linksys LNE100TX
Seagate 10GB 5400RPM
Creative DVD 12x
Iomega Zip100
Antec 300w PSU

I just bought this card for $89 retail and would like to keep it so please help ! ! !

PS I have ceased and desisted any o/c.
PPS I have used 61.82 66.94 and 71.84 forcewares

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi there I have a maxdata pc which has been running perfectly for nearly amp half years no problems at all Yesterday I installed a HP all in one printer alongside a Canon all in one printer on the same system which has been installed for months and seemed to be fine the HP printed test pages photos perfectly I also installed a bricopack theme which i removed after the rebooting happened the same theme I have been running on my Laptop with no problems When I installed the HP Printer I removed a USB cord from the hub at the rear it did seem to get jammed had to give it a little force but nothing appears to have come loose and I have since installed a separate usb device on that same socket Reboots Random so that is working WELL hours Random Reboots later I right click the HP digital imaging icon in the taskbar is that just a coincidence and my system reboots Random Reboots and now it reboots randomly when doing Random Reboots all different takes not just related to hp - I have changed the system start up so I could see the blue screen but I get no errors no blue screen it just reboots Have checked temp and all seems fine c Taking all the above into consideration what can I do to try and work out why my system is rebooting I am thinking of reformatting and seeing If i get reboots before I install the HP printer again Thanks -

Hi.First thing, you want to try to get an error message for the reboots, Disable Auto Reboot On System Crash - http://www.theeldergeek.com/auto_reboot_on_system_crash.htm If you installed the entire HP software package, that could be cause of your problems. My suggestion would be to uninstall that and run the system for a time without it...and see if the problems return.And I suggest taking a look in Event Viewer and seeing if there are any clues to system anomalies there.What is the Event Viewer, and Should I Care - Ask Leo! - http://ask-leo.com/what_is_the_event_viewe...uld_i_care.html If you can post details for the last 3 errors, that would be great.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/139849/random-reboots/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi.

I bought a new computer a few months ago, and it randomly reboots itself for no particular reason and without any detectable pattern. It's happened when playing music, using IRC, using Firefox, during file transfers and even when it's not running anything.
Recently, I caught a glimpse of a blue screen before it rebooted, so I turned off the Automatic Reboot on System Failure selection in My Computer.
The error code it showed went something like this:

STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x8054C234, 0x1391539C8, 0x00000000)

So, does anyone know what it means?

Thanks in advance.

A:XP Random Reboots

Usually 8E errors are down to one of four things:

1. Incompatible device driver
2. Incompatible software
3. Config issues with the memory, HDD or BI/OS
4. Hard disk damage or failure

I've put them there in order of likelihood, however, even though you state "It's happened... ...even when it's not running anything", it could still be something running in the background, or a quick-start monitor in your System Tray.

I'd start by examining any recent device driver installs, and perhaps considering rolling back, or, if there haven't been any, then look at updating your motherboard chipset drivers, as well as your video and audio card drivers. Then test by closing software running in the background (especially stuff in the System Tray). Next I'd be looking at reseating the RAM, and checking in the BI/OS to make sure it's running at the recommended timings. A thorough ScanDisk might not go amiss too, to give you an idea of any issues that might be occurring there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-random-reboots-238465.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Presario us reboots randomly Not a heat issue Ran adware andavg Here is hijackthis log n saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C Reboots Random WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Carbonite Carbonite Backup carboniteservice exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files LogMeIn x RaMaint exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system carpserv exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C PROGRA HPQ ONE-TO OneTouch EXE C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exe C Program Files NETGEAR WG Utility WG WLU exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Carbonite Carbonite Backup CarboniteUI exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Random Reboots Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS System dllhost exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C Program Files Spybot - Random Reboots Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exe C Documents and Settings David Desktop HiJackThis v exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run CARPService carpserv exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe quot O - HKLM Run QT HPOT C PROGRA HPQ ONE-TO OneTouch EXE O - HKLM Run WG WLU quot C Program Files NETGEAR WG Utility WG WLU exe quot -hide O - HKLM Run AAWTray C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe O - HKLM Run Carbonite Backup C Program Files Carbonite Carbonite Backup CarboniteUI exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button no name - d f - f - d - - c a - C WINDOWS System shdocvw dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v - d f - f - d - - c a - C WINDOWS System shdocvw dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF vzTCPConfig - http www verizon net help fios settings include vzTCPConfig CAB O - DPF E F - B - D - - BD D PCPitstop Utility - http pcpitstop com pcpitstop PCPitStop CAB O - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid O - DPF B CF- F D- - D -FD AEE - http activ... Read more

I don't see anything suspicious in your hijack log. I suspect bad hardware.

You wrote you don't think it is a heat issue. How do you know? What, exactly, have you done to ensure it isn't.

Most common cause of random reboots are bad memory (use Memtest 86, a free utility, to test the memory), bad main board, bad video card and bad drivers. Really, the list could be endless; but, it is usually hardware-related. Check the capacitors on your board for swelling or bleeding.

http://www.badcaps.net/pages.php?vid=5
Click images to see them larger.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-reboots.622772/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey there My Random Reboots eCollegePC-built custom PC has had Random Reboots an odd problem since I first had it - it likes to restart hard whenever it feels like it Oddly enough if I Random Reboots keep it occupied with a probram such as WinAmp it can go for days or weeks without restarting on its own Occasionally however it still flakes out and Random Reboots reboots The only Windows solution there is is that quot it is caused by a device driver quot This has become a major nuisance now because as I will post in another forum it has all of a sudden begun to refuse to boot It'll get just past the BIOS screen and do the POST but then it just sits there black probably times out of I keep having to fiddle with it and reboot it over and over till I get it to work Here's my setup any help would be appreciated Ghz P FSB ASUS P S XAGP FSB MB Micron PC DDR Memory GB Western Digital RPM Harddisk Mitsumi x CDRW MB Nvidia FX x AGP DDR Watt no brand at least none given Black Zinc Case with side window If you need anything else just ask Thanks Mark

the continual restarting until if finally boots could be the power supply
to check a driver not loading properly,gointo msconfig/startup
untick everything and reboot
if it starts normally,retick on at a time rebooting each time until you find the offender
once found check for any updates and then do a reinstall from safe mode

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/random-reboots-13364.html
Relevancy 49.02%

No error messages, just a cold reboot.

I got an Asrock mobo, AMD XP2800+ CPU.

Beefed up the PSU and installed XP Pro SP2.

I keep getting reboots, now. No warnings, nothing. Sometimes after a few minutes, sometimes after an hour, or two. Just "Blat!"

The CPU temperature seems to stay at around 55 degrees C.

I've used "MemTest" and, after three hours testing, it told me my memory is OK. (512mb DDR).

It seems to happen when it's doing graphics-intensive stuff, but it also does it when I'm doing absolutely nothing!

Weird, huh?

Any ideas?

go here
hijack this
download hijack this
run and post logs here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-reboots.289500/
Relevancy 49.02%

What might be the cause of occasional random reboots? The power supply tester I have indicated no problems. What might I next look at?

it could be a number of things, check the temps, it could be that under load or on long running your CPU is overheating. it could also be a memory shortage or a particular issue with the drivers for a piece of hardware.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-reboots.245443/
Relevancy 49.02%

could someone please give me some assistance with this computer. it was just reformated with winxp home. after that it kept shutting down randomly, the cpu temp was 64-70c so i put a brand new heatsink and fan on it. it is a p4 3ghz 478 mobo is 661FX-M ECS. i have tried the stick of ram in another slot. i am more worried about the psu failing. here is the volts as prime95 are running. let me know if this is normal or not. or if there is anything else i can try to keep the computer stable

Oh i forgot to add, when i added the new heat sink it hasn't change the temps of the cpu.

Hi,

when you fitted your new heatsink & fan, did you apply a thin layer of thermal paste between the heatsink & cpu?

Rob

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-reboots.675481/
Relevancy 49.02%

MY PC KEEPS RANDOMLY REBOOTING Ok I have a PC Chips Reboots! Random MoBo LR I believe w a P ghz chip k DDR ram GeForce Ti Now I am sure that all jumpers are in the correct positions I am a quasi-tech nerd but I Random Reboots! always have that lil doubt in my head hehe I have done a complete wipe of the HD and installed Win SE got all the bells and whistle updates from M and loaded the software that came with the MoBo for the on-board USB vid etc Usually the PC reboots when I am playing a game called Asherons Call and its pretty graphic intensive Normally I would think that it was just a bug in the game its in the end stages Random Reboots! of Beta and that the problem was on there end but I have had the PC reboot while sitting on the desktop before I have ever even launched the game People have told me that the Via chipset on the motherboard needs to be updated so I have People have told me the BIOS for the MoBo needs to be updated so tried but the version I have and the one PCCHIPS recommends Random Reboots! for the board are the same I checked the rating on the PSU and its w so I think this is sufficient enough to rule this out As far as the boards in the machine I took everything out gave it the once over and replaced just the vid card which can only go in one slot the AGP slot So nothing in any of the PCI s and just the Gforce in the AGP slot I made sure the memory was seated correctly and in the slot furthest from the CPU Just to test it I left the PC in DOS mode last night to see if it would reboot while there and it did not I came back home to find it still sitting in DOS and had not rebooted back to windows So I am beginning to wonder if this isn t a hardware but a software problem but I never get an BSOD s so I never know what the problem is Well I take that back I have gotten a few GPF in VxD files from windows but they re few and far between Think something messed up in the install and I should try again AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH If there is more info that you need or anything you can point me to in fixing this it would be greatly appreciated Thanks for your time Koil nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Okay, so my pc is doing some random reboots. It happens when I play video games and when I'm checking my e-mail, it also happens when I'm surfing the web. Frankly, it's annoying as hell. I'm at the end of my rope. Also, on a totally unrelated problem, my boot up is really slow. Thirdly, I would like to know how to cut down the processes windows runs. Is there a way I can eliminate the processes I don't need to run windows XP. My specs are as follows...

I'm running Windows XP, SP3, 1.68GHZ, 1GHZ RAM

ANy help would greatly be appreciated as I am not that computer savvy. Have a wonderful night.

1)For your Startup applications you can take a look at this link:

http://netsquirrel.com/msconfig/msconfig_xp.html

With regard to the link above, one thing he forgot to mention is that after you Reboot you will get a Screen popping up saying that you have "Used msconfig....." or something to that effect, Just make to put a Checkmark in the Box "Do not show this screen again" again the wording might be different (It's been awhile since I used XP).

2)What type of Security/AV software do you have? Is it updated and have you run a Full Scan lately?
3)Do you have Malwarebytes? If not, I suggest you download the Free version, install it, then do a Manual update and then Run a Full Scan...
just in case to clear out possible baddies that may be lurking in your system.

Ray

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-reboots.953888/
Relevancy 49.02%

I'm having a problem with random reboots. Can anyone please teel me what this error code means. BCCODE:10000050 BCP1:BF606F03 BCP2:00000008 BCP3:BF606F03 BCP4:00000000.

Thanks in advance for your help!

We need more information than this. What are your system specs? What are you doing when this error occurs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-reboots.76667/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,

My computer has recently been rebooting for no apparent reason. When it happens the computer screen just turns black and the computer reboots back into windows. The interval between reboots is sporadic.

I had this problem before with my old setup and I figured it was an hardware issue, so I replaced the motherboard, cpu, psu, SSD HD, ram and switched to onboard graphics to no avail.

I know you guys are the experts so I hope you can help.

System specs:
===========
Custom built few months ago
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium - OEM purchased
Core 2 duo 7500
2 GB RAM
Onboard graphics

Attached is Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2.zip.

A:Computer Random Reboots w/ Win 7

This will stop the reboots
Disable Windows 7 Auto Restart When System Crash - Windows, System, Settings, Advanced, This, Uncheck - Zhacks
If it happens again, post again, it will probably contain a BSOD dump report.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/132036-computer-random-reboots-w-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi folks somewhat tech-literate user looking for assistance with (Seemingly) Reboots Random an issue that s mystifying me (Seemingly) Random Reboots I have a machine running Win around - months old home-build from components purchased from reputable UK suppliers and the Mobo came with memory and processor already fitted and tested I ve experienced random rebooting of the machine which doesn t appear to follow any pattern that I d associate with overheating etc and the strange thing is that it also appears to be when load on the system is at its lightest I run some higher end gaming software such (Seemingly) Random Reboots as Guild Wars Far Cry X-Com etc - and I can play these for hours on end with little or no problem in the last months I ve maybe had - resets reboots occur when gaming however when simply on my desktop they re more prevalent Often this may occur when putting the machine into Sleep or restoring from Sleep but also during general usage such as browsing the net backing up folders and can even occur when just standing idle There seems to be no time trigger involved can be as soon as I start the machine up or after several minutes hours The event viewer shows the following as the usual entry following such an incident A fatal hardware error has occurred Component AMD Northbridge Error Source Machine Check Exception Error Type Processor ID I also see the following yellow-flagged event around the same areas in the log A corrected hardware error has occurred Reported by component Processor Core Error Source Corrected Machine Check Error Type Cache Hierarchy Error Processor ID I ve attached a fresh DXDiag log as of this morning and would be grateful for any pointers anyone might have regarding a start point Google searches of the above seem to not pin down to anything like a single common cause and I m at a bit of a loss for where to start

A:(Seemingly) Random Reboots

Hi Flipsix3, since you've mentioned of random reboots or restart... Try disabling the auto restart by pressing F8 on early bootup and then choose 'disable auto restart'. A bluescreen with error codes and messages will appear on the next time this would happen. Please post the messages on your next reply.Try downloading Speccy and then install the program. To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.. In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot. Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard. On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post.Download MiniToolBox and select List Last 10 Event Viewers, List Installed Programs and List Users, Partitions and Memory Size.A notepad will open then copy-paste the report on your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/483960/seemingly-random-reboots/
Relevancy 48.59%

hello all, First off I'm new to the whole AMD 64 world...My problem is that i'm getting random reboots itself in 3d games WITHOUT a bluescreen error. Most of the time it's when I minimize a game and re-enter it...The board and cpu are only about 2 weeks old and this is really making me nervous! My specs are....

Chaintech VNF3-250
Newcastle athlon 64 3000+ with TR2-M6(k8) thermaltake
Geforce FX 5600 XT
Okia ATX 600w Power supply
1 Stick of Kingston value ram 333mhz 512mb
Windows Xp professional(with all updates) service pack 2
Directx 9.0c

Sorry if I left out any information needed... I'm New to this
Please reply, I dont want this awesome machine to go POOF!

Ps... I'm pretty sure this isn't a heat issue cause My Heatsink is Barely warm to the touch!... I'm stumped! Thanks all

Relevancy 48.59%

Hey guys I've had problems with my sister's computer for Random and BSODs Reboots months just randomly rebooting but we didn't care all that much because she got a laptop I'm firing this puppy back up and trying to figure out what the problem is BSODs and Random Reboots I thought it was RAM at first because it was running pretty well with one stick but eventually it rebooted and still does I've tried both in Single channel mode in dual channel mode BSODs and Random Reboots and in different slots The system stays up longer with one stick in and in dual channel mode reboots sometimes before Windows even boots up I did a memory test on one of the sticks by itself with memtest and it passed with no errors I've changed the voltage from Auto to V to V and doesn't help I attached dump files and maybe someone can read them for me and see if it says anything The first time was a MEMORY MANAGEMENT bsod the other one was a E There was a time before that where I got something that said IRQL LESS OR EQUAL I think but didn't get a dump file for that Help would be greatly appreciated

A:BSODs and Random Reboots

There are no files attached. Please follow the instructions on upload a report
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/157101-bsods-random-reboots.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I recently bought a new PC added a w PSU and a gts NVIDIA video card I randomly get reboots shutdowns for no reason It will happen sometimes as soon as I boot up and others will happen after random reboots/shutdowns hours I can t recreate it and I get no error even after unchecking the box to give me the blue random reboots/shutdowns screen I recenlty noticed I can t get into the BIOS I start the PC up and the logo screen doent show up just boots to windows if I try to just tap the quot del quot key it still won t go into BIOS I also had a problem the other day where it says quot Windows does not recognize the USB device quot my mouse but it has random reboots/shutdowns been working just fine I plugged it into my USB port and it works fine I m not sure if it s a bad PSU bad VCard or something from the OEM PC itself Here are my specs and Hijack this files It s Windows hijackthis said unknown http valid x fr b d d PC specs from CPUID HiJackTHIS log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation Update Core NvBackend exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDTray exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Windows SysWOW NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http acer msn com pc ACJB R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http speedial com f amp a spd dsit tGtCzytA FzyyByDyCyByD F D Q amp cr amp ir R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http speedial com f amp a spd dsit tGtCzytA FzyyByDyCyByD F D Q amp cr amp ir R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run APSDaemon quot C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files x QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SDTray quot C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDTray exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKLM Policies Explorer Run BtvStack quot C Program Files x Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth Suite BtvStack exe quot O - Options group ACCELERATED GRAPHICS Accelerated graphics O - AppInit DLLs O - Winlogon Notify SDWinLogon - SDWinLogon dll file missing O - Service Adobe Flash Player Update Service AdobeFlashPlayerUpdateSvc - Adobe Systems Incorporated - C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerUpdateService exe O - Service SystemRoot system Alg exe - ALG - Unknown owner - C Windows System alg exe file missing O - Service AtherosSvc - Windows R Win DDK provider - C Program Files x Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth Suite adminservice exe O - Service... Read more

Relevancy 48.59%

Hey guys Im in desperate need of some help I just assembled my new computer and for some ot me unknown reason it keeps rebooting itself at random Below I've attached the email I just sent to the tech support at gigabyte I hope with no Random reboots BSOD someone can make any sense of this mess its killing me Random reboots with no BSOD seriously This is what I get for relying on gadgets to do my work Im eternally greatful to everyone who can contribute with advice on how to get my system up and running Also Im not so vell versed with all this Its my first build so bare that in mind if you read all this and think Im an idiot Thanks a milli All Random reboots with no BSOD the best Anton I have recently assembled my CPU Random reboots with no BSOD it keeps rebooting itself at random intervals usually every other hour if left running with no programs open except OS In some cases the same error occurs while writing large amount of data to the HDD The same error messages keeps popping up in the event viewer A EventID error followed by a Kernel that are causing the reboots However I haven't been able to establish the source causing the problem After days of troubleshooting this is what i have concluded so far A fresh install of windows left untoch without installing any drivers runs stable as well as when running in safe mode Tried different sets of drivers does not seem to be the source of the problem system goes unstable as soon as you install either a driver or software and starts with the reboots Even though I ticked of the box for automatic restarts Im not getting the error blue screen when the reboots occurs I've tried running different versions of win on different hard drives with same result temp is normal at all time Fans are working properly I have pretty much check everything in my ability and I cant come up with a solution which leads me to believe now that there might be some fault with the motherboard I hope you can shed some light on this issue As this is my workstation CPU it causes me great trouble to have the system reboot all the time I will attach files with the error messages related to the reboots Thanks for your help Best regards Anton ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Mobo GA-P -USB rev -------------------------- M B Rev BIOS Ver F ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- VGA Brand GIGABYTE Model HD Radeon CPU Brand Intel i Operation System Win -bit Memory Brand Corsair Memory Size gb Power Supply W HDD GB Western Digital VelociRaptor ICE Intel i processor CD-Rom CD-RW drives taken from Dell Dimension M-Audio Delta Audiophile soundcard

A:Random reboots with no BSOD

Quote: Originally Posted by nash101

Hey guys, Im in desperate need of some help. I just assembled my new computer and for some, ot me, unknown reason it keeps rebooting itself at random. Below I've attached the email I just sent to the tech support at gigabyte. I hope someone can make any sense of this mess, its killing me seriously. This is what I get for relying on gadgets to do my work. Im eternally greatful to everyone who can contribute with advice on how to get my system up and running!
Also, Im not so vell versed with all this. Its my first build so bare that in mind if you read all this and think Im an idiot. Thanks a milli.
All the best/ Anton

I have recently assembled my CPU, it keeps rebooting itself at random intervals. usually every other hour if left running with no programs open except OS. In some cases the same error occurs while writing large amount of data to the HDD.
The same error messages keeps popping up in the event viewer.
A EventID 6008 error followed by a Kernel 41 (63) that are causing the reboots. However I haven't been able to establish the source causing the problem. After days of troubleshooting this is what i have concluded so far:
* A fresh install of windows left untoch without installing any drivers runs stable as well as when running in safe mode.
* Tried different sets of drivers, does not seem to be the source of the problem. system goes unstable as soon as you install either a driver or software and starts with the reboots.
* Even though I ticked of the box for automatic restarts Im not getting the error blue screen when the reboots occurs.
*I've tried running 2 different versions of win 7 on 2 different hard drives with same result.
*temp is normal at all time. Fans are working properly.

I have pretty much check everything in my ability and I cant come up with a solution which leads me to believe now that there might be some fault with the motherboard. I hope you can shed some light on this issue. As this is my workstation CPU it causes me great trouble to have the system reboot all the time. I will attach files with the error messages related to the reboots.
Thanks for your help!
Best regards/ Anton
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mobo : GA-P55-USB3(rev. 2.0)
--------------------------
M/B Rev : 2.0
BIOS Ver : F8
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VGA Brand : GIGABYTE Model : HD Radeon 5450
CPU Brand : Intel i5 760 Operation System : Win 7 64-bit
Memory Brand : Corsair Memory Size : 8gb Power Supply : 550 W
HDD: 150GB Western Digital VelociRaptor ICE.

Intel i5 processor.

CD-Rom + CD-RW drives taken from Dell Dimension 8200.

M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496 soundcard.

Event ID 6008 is a generic "unexpected shutdown" event ID 41 also generic. Usually this combo is a dirver/hardware error

does it do this in safe mode? if not it is a driver, usually video

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/139035-random-reboots-no-bsod.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,
My laptop is rebooting randomly, without showing a BSOD (even though I disabled auto restart after error). I updated the BIOS (per Cyberpower instructions) with no effect. I installed Ubuntu after formatting, but the reboots continued. I'm back with Windows 8.1 and it still reboots.

On top of this, I get no error messages in the event viewer, nor can I find the mini dump.

I don't know how to proceed with regards to diagnosing the issue. Any help is appreciated.

UPDATE:
After reading this thread Windows 8.1 Crashes Randomly I tried to run in safe mode, and so far there were no reboots, however when I tried the "clean boot" steps (in method 2) the reboots happened again.

A:Random reboots with no BSOD

Your UEFI/BIOS dates from 2014. Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.
I understand that you've done this, but please check again in order to be sure.

Only 95 Windows Updates installed. Most systems have 130 or more. Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available updates (it may take several trips to get them all).

Don't worry about the specific number, it's just important that you have checked and installed any updates that were available (and didn't experience any errors).

There are no memory dumps in the uploaded reports.
As for the error messages in Event Viewer, please provide this report:

Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here: Windows Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows 7, or Windows Server 2008 R2

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility: HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID

This appears to be a hardware error, so please start with these free hardware diagnsostics: Hardware Diagnostics
Let us know the results and we'll move on from there.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/65522-random-reboots-no-bsod.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Now and then, while I'm surfing the web or playing games and whatnot... My computer just reboots all of a sudden. And not just once, but once it reboots, it reboots again several times before I manage to log in or sometimes after I log in but not even get to the Desktop, or it halts completely when the windows Symbol appears (The one with the four dots which turn into a flag or something) so I have to turn it off by keeping the power button pressed. Also, the reboots are usually accompanied by a screeching sound. I don't know what's going on. Can Anyone help me?

A:Random Windows 7 Reboots

First let's see if these are bsod's causing the reboot.
Download BlueScreenView:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All
Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/466596/random-windows-7-reboots/
Relevancy 48.59%

Code Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date AM Event ID Task Category Level Critical Keywords User SYSTEM Computer Alfredo-PC Description The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Reboots/Crashes Random Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C -AC E- Random Reboots/Crashes C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Random Reboots/Crashes Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Alfredo-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter Random Reboots/Crashes quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt My computer is having random reboots crashes So i have done research found many different things so decided to see from profesionnals which one best fits my problem Ive had that happen times in the past month times in the past hours Computer Specs - Code CPU Type QuadCore AMD Phenom X MHz x Motherboard Name Gigabyte GA-MA FX-DS PCI PCI-E x PCI-E x DDR DIMM Audio Gigabit LAN IEEE- Motherboard Chipset AMD FX AMD K System Memory MB DDR - DDR SDRAM DIMM Corsair CGM X G GB DDR - DDR SDRAM - - - MHz - - - MHz DIMM Crucial Ballistix BL AA A FE GB DDR - DDR SDRAM - - - MHz - - - MHz About to run a memtest so will update with that But this is starting to happen way to much Will also give any information needed Thanks Alfredo Edit Memtest passed with no errors nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-reboots-crashes.895119/
Relevancy 48.59%

ok guys my pc seems to be rebooting randomly during games I know it can have lots of causes that s why I ll try to specify what I ve done The rebooting can be so random as to happening minute after running a game or after hours or even after running a whole day First of all my pc specs amd gig ram asus a v deluxe mobo nvidia geforce gs techsolo w PSU GB harddrive seagate if I remember correctly Now what I ve done so far -check for viruses spyware etc nothing -reinstalling windows -to no avail -checking for overheating not a probable cause I ve got nice airflow and good CPU and GPU coolers both zalman- gt CNPS reboots games during Random CU and for GPU zalmanvf speedfan reports normal temperatures about C idle stays under C full load The GPU is a bit hotter of course But since the reboots can also happen after one minute it s not really likely to be heat -run memtest for an hour No single error I might need to run it for a longer time Do I need to -blow out all dust you never know but it didnt help -tried to run the pc with the case open I really have no clue to what the solution might be I thought there might be something with the PSU I really don t know Hope you guys can help Also when I reboot I dont get BSOD s even with auto reboot turned off I also checked the event viewer and there were no system errors at all just an application error but that had to do with a missing dll a totally different subject Last thing I d like to add is that my pc has been running since I ve reinstalled windows a few times during the years but never had this before I really think this is a hardware related problem nbsp

A:Random reboots during games

I have had this issue before and fixed it by reconnecting all of my components in my case. It seemed to be that when I had installed my new motherboard i had not seated everything firmly. Hope that helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-reboots-during-games.96235/
Relevancy 48.59%

I had been having trouble with BSODs and occasionally the system will reboot without blue screen I stopped using the system for a while because I didn't have time to try to find out what the problem was I have the time but haven't been able to figure out what's the problem I ran memtest without any errors found I zipped the minidump files and Minitoolbox file http www sendspace com file udnmxb And here's Speccy http speccy reboots and BSOD random piriform com results BSOD and random reboots Vaig KXQCEUAqmrPhhiaBUt Any help would be appreciated Thanks Pasted MiniToolbox for easy reference - Hamluis MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - BSOD and random reboots Ran by goo administrator on - - at Running from C Users goo Downloads Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal color Event log errors Application errors Error AM Source Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service User guu Description Windows cannot find BSOD and random reboots the local profile and is logging you on with a temporary profile Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off Error AM Source Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service User guu Description Windows has backed up this user profile Windows will automatically try to use the backup profile the next time this user logs on Error AM Source VSS User Description Volume Shadow Copy Service error Unexpected error calling routine ConvertStringSidToSid S- - - - - - - bak hr x The security ID structure is invalid Operation OnIdentify event Gathering Writer DataContext Execution Context Shadow Copy Optimization Writer Writer Class Id dc bdd -ab - d -adb - bee fd f Writer Name Shadow Copy Optimization Writer Writer Instance ID dd d - e- - f -b b bd abb Error AM Source Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service User guu Description Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on with a temporary profile Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off Error AM Source Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service User guu Description Windows has backed up this user profile Windows will automatically try to use the backup profile the next time this user logs on Error PM Source SideBySide User Description Activation context generation failed for assemblyIdentity Error in manifest or policy file assemblyIdentity on line assemblyIdentity The value MAJOR VERSION MINOR VERSION BUILD NUMBER MAJOR BUILD NUMBER MINOR of attribute version in element assemblyIdentity is invalid Error PM Source Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service User guu Description Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on with a temporary profile Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off Error PM Source Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service User guu Description Windows has backed up this user profile Windows will automatically try to use the backup profile the next time this user logs on Error PM Source VSS User Description Volume Shadow Copy Service error Unexpected error calling routine ConvertStringSidToSid S- - - - - - - bak hr x The security ID structure is invalid Operation OnIdentify event Gathering Writer DataContext Execution Context Shadow Copy Optimization Writer Writer Class Id dc bdd -ab - d -adb - bee fd f Writer Name Shadow Copy Optimization Writer Writer Instance ID c b a- b - e c-bb e- d abfef Error PM Source Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service User guu Description Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on with a temporary profile Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off System errors Error AM Source Microsoft-Windows-WLAN-AutoConfig User NT AUTHORITY Description WLAN Extensibility Module has failed to start color Module Path C Windows system athExt dllError Code Error AM Source BugCheck User Description x x xfffffa d c x f x f C Windows MEMORY DMP - - Error AM Source EventLog User Description The previous system shutdown at AM on was unexpected Error AM Source Microsoft-Windows-WLAN-AutoConfig User NT AUTHORIT... Read more

A:BSOD and random reboots

Java is outdated, system is more vulnerable to malware than it has to be.  I would uninstall all outdated versions and update via java.com website.

Java Uninstall Tool - http://www.java.com/en/download/uninstallapplet.jsp

Download Java

I don't really understand SMART data displays...but I would run the long/extended test on your hard drive, just to be sure.

Guide, SeaTools For DOS

SeaTools for DOS Seagate - http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/item/seatools-dos-master/

Everything that I can interpret on the Speccy looks good.

Error: (08/26/2013 05:12:09 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service) (User: guu)
Description: Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on with a temporary profile. Changes you make to this profile will be lost...

Errors like the above reinforce my desire to run the diagnostic on the hard drive.  You also have a STOP 124, which is generally an error indicating a hardware problem.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/506573/bsod-and-random-reboots/