Windows Support Forum

T410 Mouse Freezing Problem After Upgrading to Win...

Q: T410 Mouse Freezing Problem After Upgrading to Win...

Hello there, My Thinkpad's cursor is having freezing issues after upgrading to win10. When I move the cursor, it once in a while freezes and it's not related to the trackpad or trackpoint. I plugged in an external mouse and had the same problem again. I uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them, the problem is still there. I really don't know what else to do. I checked all the settings on synaptics, searched the whole internet. Still couldn't have found a solution for it. Here on this link people with Lenovo laptops are having the same issue as well. Will Lenovo solve this problem and maybe put a new driver on the official site? Thank you

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: T410 Mouse Freezing Problem After Upgrading to Win...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: T410 Mouse Freezing Problem After Upgrading to Win...

Dear subdivided,

welcome in lenovo community,

Kindly try to download and install the below driver, after uninstalling the current one,

http://drivers.synaptics.com/Synaptics_v19_0_19_1__C__x86-x64__Win10__Signed__MS_Win10_UXUI_PS2_SMbu...

Regards,
Joseph

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Mouse-Freezing-Problem-After-Upgrading-to-Win10/td-p/2171435
Relevancy 67.08%

I have a T with Windows risky? ThinkPad 10 T410 to Windows Is upgrading Professional which Microsoft invited to upgrade to Win In preparing the computer for Win a message indicated that some functions would not work I did not realize that in taking the next step whateve that was at the time it would gto ahead with the upgrade I found that the offer to choose when to upgrade was a choice of three different pre-assigned days I had to turn Is upgrading ThinkPad T410 to Windows 10 risky? off the computer to stop the upgrade there was no other way I tried Task Manager Is upgrading ThinkPad T410 to Windows 10 risky? Process Explorer Alt F etc Is upgrading ThinkPad T410 to Windows 10 risky? Now it is just reserved and waiting nbsp My concerns are nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp -will an upgrade result in a Windows Professional or will distinctions between Home and Profesional be lost nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp -the preparation process indicated that Intel PROSet Wireless would have to be re-installed As best as I can understand from the Intel site the wireless adaptor Intel Centrino Advanced-N AGN in the T is not supported in Win The Intel site said to go to the manufacturer Will Lenovo have an update for this nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp -Intel PROSet Wireless may not be critical to me but a wireless driver will be Will the T wireless function still function nbsp Has anyone had experience with the T moving to Win nbsp Thanks nbsp

A:Is upgrading ThinkPad T410 to Windows 10 risky?

Hi and welcome, ssumOfficially, upgrade to the win10 on the T410 isn't supported:https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht103535- win10 reduction matches the source OS.- definitely, Lenovo will not update the win10 drivers for the Intel 6200 itself, it's a deal of the Intel. But as you noticed there are no upgrades toohttps://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/59470/Intel-Centrino-Advanced-N-6200-Dual-Band- win8/10 manages wireles features from the metro app (Lenovo Settings, https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/lenovo-settings/9wzdncrfj12p#app-details) and Charms. For metro app some drivers are needed:http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-t-series-laptops/thinkpad-t41...Note there are not only win10 incompatible laptop components, but applications also.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Is-upgrading-ThinkPad-T410-to-Windows-10-risky/td-p/2176212
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi, one of the mouse buttons at the front of the pad came apart a few weeks ago, and today so did the second one!  there are a lot of videos showing how to replace a keyboard key, but none about how to replace these mouse buttons. No sign of any damage / broken pieces. Photo attached This is not a machine used alot either. Any help would be greatfully received! BTA

Mouse Buttons.jpg ?2081 KB

A:Can you replace t410 front mouse buttons???????

I cannot tell if the plastic clips are damaged without close inspection, but it looks like the 2 rubber cups that provide the spring for the buttons are missing.  I have never done very well getting them to attach to the base and I have tried several adhesives. 

You can replace the touchpad from the keyboard, but taking it apart is easier the 2nd time and the cable clips are fragile.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Can-you-replace-t410-front-mouse-buttons/td-p/3426006
Relevancy 56.33%

When playing games on my system occasionally my mouse will completely freeze. During this time the tone which happens when plugging in/unplugging a device will play.

I am running Windows XP and use a Razer Habu mouse. I will have to search if more specific info is needed.

A:Freezing mouse problem

Must not be a common problem =\

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/freezing-mouse-problem.627011/
Relevancy 55.9%

I apologize upfront I do not have the system information for the computer in front of me However I wanted to go ahead and throw this problem out there and I will follow up with the system information as soon as possible The system is used for checking out at a retail center On this checkout station there is a mouse plugged into the mouse PS port and then on the keyboard PS port there are three items hooked up There is a hand held barcode scanner a credit card reader and the keyboard The Scanner is hooked to the tower the credit card reader is hooked to the scanner and the keyboard is hooked to the scanner At the end of the scanner and the card reader s cords they have Solved: and Mouse Problem Freezing KB with PS2 up both male and female connectors and that is how these are all connected together The problem started as the keyboard froze up and then the mouse froze up Everyone by the register when it happened said nothing unusual happened before this I unplugged everything and just hooked up the keyboard and the mouse Everything worked fine I then tried with the keyboard and the barcode scanner hooked up Everything worked fine Then I introduced the card reader into the chain When you turn the system on the mouse works However as soon as you try to Solved: Problem with PS2 KB and Mouse Freezing up type everything freezes up The keyboard nor the mouse will work I tried hooking up everything in as many different combinations as possible and even brought in new hardware In every instance every combination worked except for when the card reader was hooked up I hooked everything up to the computer exactly how it was before it did not work I moved the exact same setup to another computer and it did work I tried a combination of PS and USB and again in every case on quot this quot computer when the card reader was present the mouse worked but as soon as you tried to type it did not work anymore Again this exact same setup works on other Solved: Problem with PS2 KB and Mouse Freezing up stations In mid operation this one ceased to operate properly The only time there are problems is when a card reader is introduced I substituted card readers to make sure it was not faulty equipment All hardware was substituted with known working hardware for testing purposes Something somewhere changed which is causing the presence of the card reader to not let the keyboard work and to freeze up the mouse when you do try to type I will get back with system info as soon as I can Thanks for any help nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

Hi huys thanks for reading hope someone here can help I recently had freezing virus after mouse problem a problem with a virus one of the fake police quot you have downloaded illegal material pay a fine and you will not be arrested quot ones not sure which version of it in particular It took over my desktop completely but was sorted out by a system restore via safe mode Afterwards i ran several av checks avg avira superantispyware and lavasoft ad-aware with nothing showing up I m sure it has been removed mouse freezing after virus problem but since then my mouse has been freezing reguarly I run xp and device manager says that the drivers are installed and there are no problems I have tried two mice a wireless hid and an old one with a lead both usb The wireless one works for seconds then freezes completely the older one works for a few minutes then i get a msg saying quot hardware not recognised quot and have to unplug it and put it back in The problem started after i used tdss rootkit detector i wanted to make sure the virus wasn t still lurking around and i removed a few elements My sound card was deactivated then but is fine after re-installing driver but reinstalling them for my mouse s hasn t made a difference I dloaded intellipoint from microsoft and was no help it also says they are working fine I m sure tdss is responsible for the problem but can t work out how to undo it it has no undo function I ve tried rolling back to other restore points but no luck For the record it is only my mouse that is freezing no problems with the system in general no slowdown elsewhere just my pc seems to forget that my mouse in attached Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

Windows Pro x This is a significant issue and I'm having a lot of trouble finding a solution online According most sources I look at it seems that people are usually unable to figure out what the problem is I am among those people I've tried everything that a normal user probably can try I've checked the Device Manager tried it with quot Allow windows to turn this device off to save power quot disabled for USB ports I've tried reinstalling Windows entirely and from different discs All to no avail freezing mouse unfreezing. problem with my a then Having At this point Having a problem with my mouse freezing then unfreezing. I'm starting to suspect either my system has incompatibility with Windows my system came with but Origin my PC manufacturer said it should be fine It doesn't matter which USB port I put it in the issue is still there The only thing Having a problem with my mouse freezing then unfreezing. I can think of now is it might be my mouse It's an old black Dell laser mouse But I would like to be for sure before going out and buying a new one This seems to be a recurring issue among Windows users so I have a feeling that it may not be the mouse as much as the OS It often Having a problem with my mouse freezing then unfreezing. makes the sound of hardware being disconnected reconnected as well but not always Is there any way to pinpoint what the issue is Thanks in advance Edit Updated my system info in profile Alex

A:Having a problem with my mouse freezing then unfreezing.

if it's a wired mouse and you have no issues with any other USB devices doing the same and it only happens when you are moving the mouse , it sounds like there is a connection break in the connecting wire somewhere that you 'hit' in a certain position.

Maybe you could borrow a spare from someone or buy a cheap replacement to see if it happens with them too.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/41034-having-problem-my-mouse-freezing-then-unfreezing.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I did a hardware scan on my computer and it showed me a hardware problem with the memory. The computer have been working fine for many years now. The only thing I did not so long after I got it was to upgrade to 8 GB of memory and an SSD disk. So it have been working great for many years.No it's started turning it self of sometimes while I use it. The scan showed result code: WMEBVVBTH-WL8BRF Also see the log attached. Is the memory starting to go bad or is it the Windows? The computer is upgraded to Windows 10 a few months back.

Report.jpg ?48 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-with-a-memory-problem/td-p/3363533
Relevancy 55.47%

Over the past few weeks I've been experiencing a problem with my USB mouse. what happens is it randomly disconnects for about 1-2 seconds, only to reconnect afterwards. During this time my cursor freezes for the whole duration of the process. It occurs at random intervals and an entire disconnect/reconnect spree can last up to an hour. I hear the Windows sound that notifies me something has been disconnected(and then reconnected), and I get a small popup from my taskbar saying "touchpad driver disabled notification" every disconnect/reconnect

A:USB mouse problem, freezing, disconnecting, reconnecting

From post #1

Quote:
"touchpad driver disabled notification"

Your specs show this.

Quote:
Computer type PC/Desktop
OS Windows 7 x86

How long has Windows 7 been installed on this computer and where did you get Windows 7 from?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/348978-usb-mouse-problem-freezing-disconnecting-reconnecting.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Having problems with mouse freezing everytime I go online Home page keeps changing I also think my grandson got into a pron site could this be the problem I ran spybot and adaware it found items Please check my log to see if everything is gone Thank you for taking time to help me Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer I mouse Having go everytime online Problem freezing Solved: v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe Solved: Having Problem mouse freezing everytime I go online C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Intel Intel Application Accelerator iaantmon exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON Solved: Having Problem mouse freezing everytime I go online MPFSERVICE exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfAgent exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C WINDOWS System DSentry exe C Program Files Intel Intel Application Accelerator iaanotif exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C Program Files Hjack this HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell me com myway R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell me com myway O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - Toolbar AOL Toolbar - D A-C B- -B B-B B E D C - C Program Files AOL Toolbar toolbar dll O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run AsioReg REGSVR EXE S CTASIO DLL O - HKLM Run DVDSentry C WINDOWS System DSentry exe O - HKLM Run IAAnotif C Program Files Intel Intel Application Accelerator iaanotif exe O - HKLM Run CTSysVol C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe quot O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent McUpdate exe O - HKLM Run MPFExe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exe O - Extra context menu item amp AOL Toolbar search - res C Program Files AOL Toolbar toolbar dll SEARCH HTML O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks html O - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res c program ... Read more

Relevancy 53.75%

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T which I left outdoors overnight boot Pls help: Thinkpad T410 problem? Simple error after a BBQ No rain but likely some humidity nbsp Symptoms Initially screen remains black nothing happens Simple problem? Pls help: Thinkpad T410 boot error upon pressing power button However computer is still alive Simple problem? Pls help: Thinkpad T410 boot error since power button is shinin- After Unplugging reconnecting the CMOS battery cable machine booting showing following two errors after some Simple problem? Pls help: Thinkpad T410 boot error time Date and time error Neither the date nor the time is set in the computer Solution in the manual Run BIOS Setup Utility to reset the time and date System CMOS checksum bad Default configuration used Solution in the manual Charge the backup battery for more than hours by connecting the ac adapter Replace the backup battery and run BIOS Setup Utility to reset the time and date nbsp I tried Removing The backup battery CMOS Replacing the backup battery CMOS - I bought a new oneBattery only running on DC-powerHDDRAM x DVD-driveKeyboardPower button discharge as suggested on various sites to discharge or whatever the power To press the power button times followed by pressing it for sec I tried to reset the time in the BIOS however I'm unable to navigate with the keys gt nothing happens when I try going up and down between the options with the keyboard - I tried pressing many keys simultaneously and I do get the familiar beep when you press a lot of keys randomly so the keyboard is working fine Then I noticed incidentally that the screen light goes up and down if I press the keys changing this meaning it's like the Fn function key is constantly pressed So I also tried cleaning the keyboard and removing the CTRL and Fn key but this didn't help either nbsp In fact my problem is identical to those in nbsp https forums lenovo com t ThinkPad-T -and-prior-T-series T -Hangs-on-boot-up-screen td-p The solution there was to try pressing the GPU however its not dedicate one can't see that would help nbsp Many many thanks nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Simple-problem-Pls-help-Thinkpad-T410-boot-error/td-p/3363339
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi guys New here so I hope I'm not out of line asking for help and that I'm asking correctly I've exhausted my own ideas on this but the problem is driving me IN SANE THE ISSUE When using an external USB mouse with my ASUS Win laptop the mouse randomly lifts up and re-clicks while clicking or while dragging despite the button remaining consistently depressed resulting in selection of the wrong objects inadvertent double-clicks and incorrect dragging From what I can tell this affects only the left click and not the right WHAT I'VE TRIED Laptop touchpad - no problem Everything works fine with the built-in touchpad Another mouse - same problem These are wired mice so it's not a battery or connection issue Another USB port - same problem in all four There's no visible issue with the motion of the mouse cursor so it seems to be communicating OK via USB Safe Mode - no problem from what I can tell The wired USB mouse seems to click and drag as normal in Safe mouse. Mouse external Mode. OK. OK problem: Mouse Any Touchpad in Safe Mode Mouse Settings - no effect Adjusting the click double-click drag settings doesn't seem to change anything System Resources - no effect Clicking dragging seems to show the same results in the RAM CPU monitors whether I'm Mouse problem: Any external mouse. Touchpad OK. Mouse OK in Safe Mode. having the problem with the mouse or performing the same actions without the problem with the trackpad WHAT I CANNOT FIGURE OUT What Mouse problem: Any external mouse. Touchpad OK. Mouse OK in Safe Mode. haven't I ruled out What else could be causing the issue The problem came on suddenly after about a year but I can't pinpoint the moment because I didn't use an external mouse for a while maybe eight weeks and when I plugged it in again the problem had appeared In that time I don't think I had installed any new software or made significant voluntary changes to the PC As a designer illustrator it's frustrating to use the touchpad for detailed vector work so I'm pretty crippled by the loss of the external mouse Does anyone have any ideas at all about what I've overlooked Even a clever workaround would be really helpful if there is such a thing I'll be very grateful Thanks

A:Mouse problem: Any external mouse. Touchpad OK. Mouse OK in Safe Mode.

Hey mate, and welcome,

Possible problem:
1. Mouse itself is bad. Either the button itself or internally
2. Driver is not at its best

Try:
Going to the mouse manufacture website to download the most recent driver for your Windows 7, either 32 or 64 bit. If it doesn't work, try without any driver (so that windows driver takes over).

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/320378-mouse-problem-any-external-mouse-touchpad-ok-mouse-ok-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I upgraded to a OCZ Vertex GB boot drive about a month ago and I can't since ever slow downs freezing strange and to upgrading SSD say I've had many problems until about a week ago when it happened for the first time I was using word and had multiple windows open half a dozen when it started to show signs of slow down What was weird was that it happened slowly feature by feature first the windows were frozen and could not be manipulated in any way then slowly more and more things were unusable until everything completely froze I couldnt even Ctrl Alt delete to the task manager it was just unresponsive I waited for probably a good minutes just to see if anything would respond and finally restarted my PC The drive was not recognized the first time and just booted to my original mechanical boot drive that I now have set as the second boot drive i restarted again and it recognized the SSD and booted back normally this has now happened a second time about minutes ago HELP

A:strange slow downs and freezing ever since upgrading to SSD

Malware?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/189975-strange-slow-downs-freezing-ever-since-upgrading-ssd.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Posted this in external hardware but someone replied saying it might be from Windows since it happened around when I upgraded from build to build and to post it here Around ever since I upgraded from Windows build to Windows build a few days ago my mouse is having problems with the buttons well I ve only noticed it with the left clicking button so far staying held down I can t drag much any more it keeps acting as if I m letting go of the mouse then clicking it again In online shooting games this is also a problem since I ll shoot a gun and then it ll stop shooting and shoot again over and over instead of just continuously shooting When I try to draw with a mouse not that I d want to the lines keep being dotted lines since my mouse won t act as if it s being held down weird upgrading Wireless since being mouse for too long Any way to fix this I looked at the mouse settings in both Windows control panel and the Set Point or whatever it s called settings that the wireless mouse has but I haven t found anything to help yet Some kind of program or something would be nice too but whatever helps the issue

A:Wireless mouse being weird since upgrading

If it?s wireless, quite honestly this sounds like a connectivity/power issue more than a Windows 7 problem.

Cheers,

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/226055/wireless-mouse-being-weird-since-upgrading/
Relevancy 46.44%

Help-this is a new one for me. I'm upgrading to xp from 98. Have amd athalon 64 or 65 on a Gigabyte ga-k8nsc-939 board.. I have a PNY 6600 g force card that xp does not have a driver for so i get the yellow ? in device mgr at other devices-vga controler. So i put the CD from PNY in the CD drive and my mouse freezes for about a 90 sec. and then frees up but the cd never loads. If I try to open it up manually after i get my mouse back, it just freezes up again. Then I learned that any CD put into the drive freezes. This cd drive is an old LG CD-Rom model CRD-8322b. Could it be that this drive is not compatable with XP? Device mgr says the cd drive is ok.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

jgjg

A:Upgrading from 98se to xp-mouse freeze

How in the world did you ever get win98 to run on that board?????

You want to do a clean install . . boot from the XP CD . . to do that, installing, enter BIOS ( Setup ) and set the first boot device as CD/ROM. Put your XP Disc in the drive and disconnect all external peripherals except the monitor, keyboard and mouse, and be sure those are not USB, or wireless. Any internal USB card should also be removed.

Once you set your BIOS to boot first from cd . . when it restarts you will see a black screen with a prompt "Press any key to boot from CD" . . do that and you will be able to delete partitions and recreate one or more, then proceed to formating and installing XP.

That message can pass quickly, so have a finger on the keyboard when you boot. This will delete all data on the drive so be sure you have your important data backed up. The prompt will appear after every reboot, but do not press any key on subsequent reboots. The setup process will continue with no action required from you.

If you do not get that message, and you have another optical drive, try the XP CD in the other drive.

This is a site that walks you thru a simulated XP installation:
http://www.echoproject.net/en/software/catalog.html

These are good guides to reinstalling XP . . you might want to print one for reference during the install.

http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sg_clean.asp
http://www.socrtwo.info/cleanxpinstall.htm
http://www.theeldergeek.com/xp_home_install_-_graphic.htm

You will likely have to reload drivers (Chipset first) and applications, If your XP installation disc does not include SP2, after the installation, you will need to download and install SP-2, while windows is clean. Prior to connecting to the internet be sure you enable the XP firewall.

If you want to save your files and settings, you can use the XP Files and Settings Transfer (FAST) wizard to create an image of them and save to cd or other removable media. These are good guides to using the FAST wizard. Just be sure you have an up-to-date antivirus before you re-instate them!

http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sg_fstw.asp
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_repair_install.htm

For help entering BIOS: http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-from-98se-to-xp-mouse-freeze.486386/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey all,

I just got a d-link USB 2.0 card that I'm about to install. I primarily got it so that I good effectively use my external HD, but the things comes with 5 USB slots so I'm wondering if I should plug all of my USB stuff into it.

Right now my optical mouse uses a USB port and my Logitech Dual Action game controller uses a USB port. Will these see performance or usage changes due to the upgrade?

Thanks for the help.

A:will upgrading to USB 2.0 affect mouse/controller/etc?

Doubtful.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-upgrading-to-usb-2-0-affect-mouse-controller-etc.361697/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have recently refreshed my Windows 8.1. It first went back to the original Win 8 and then yesterday I upgraded it to Win 8.1. Today something strange started happening. Every ten minutes or so, my mouse stops working (clicks get no response) and then the screen dies for a second and comes back. Then the mouse is back to normal. This has never happened before, and I am wondering why it is happening and what I can do to stop it.

A:Mouse and screen trouble after upgrading to Win 8.1

What do you mean about blank ? Black screen(no pic) or blank with solid color ? Original mouse or brand bought ? Could be due to Graphics drivers.

On desktop right click the Start Button select Event Viewer, open Customs tab select Administrator events and see if shows red error in list anything about maybe Explorer.exe crashing .

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/65281-mouse-screen-trouble-after-upgrading-win-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 46.01%

So I have noticed that when I log in my lockscreen is blank.  That is usually an indication that my touchpad/mouse will not be working.  It doesn't happen all the time but now more often than normal. I do have a touchscreen but it's totally annoying.  This only started after I updated to win 10.  I have already checked the drivers for both and no improvement. Any suggestions?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Touchpad-mouse-not-responding-intermittently-after-upgrading/td-p/5677860
Relevancy 45.15%

Microsoft admitted there's a problem with the Anniversary update for some computers. Microsoft says it's looking into a permanent solution for the problem, but in the meantime, has offered a temporary fix
mspoweruser.com/.../

A:Microsoft confirms freezing issues after upgrading to Windows 10 Anniversary Update

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988831
Relevancy 44.72%

Brand new build (about 1 week old) with Windows 7 Professional 64 bit and I get periodic mouse (Intellimouse 2.0 wireless) and keyboard freezes. When it does I have no choice but to use the power button to shut down.

Then on restart if I try a normal start it will just hang at the black starting windows screen. Repair start never finds anything and ultimately I have to use system restore to return it to normal operation.

Tried everything I can think of. It's so sporatic a clean boot is kind of useless. It can go for days with no issues then it just seems to occur out of nowhere, like this morning just opening an email it froze up.

This is getting really old...

A:Another mouse freezing

Do you get system errors around the same time (in event viewer)?
Have you tried different ports? (usb)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/132205-another-mouse-freezing.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 16366 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 462936 MB, Free - 256602 MB; D: Total - 14000 MB, Free - 6966 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0Y2MRG
Antivirus: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware, Updated and Enabled

For the past month, my Dell mouse has been pausing and restarting randomly and frequently. I got tired of hearing the disconnect sound and I turned it off. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mouse driver, have looked for updated drivers (none), have checked CPU usage (low) and still, the pause. I saw an older discussion on this topic (2012) which is now closed. Any updates on this problem would be appreciated. Thanks!

A:Mouse freezing up

Have you considered that the mouse is simply faulty? Try another mouse.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-freezing-up.1102876/
Relevancy 44.72%

My operating system is Windows 7 I have been having a problem for the last 3 weeks with my mouse freezing up and unable to escape using Ctrl/Alt/Delete.
I am having to re-boot each time.
I am using a wireless keyboard and mouse and have tried using another keyboard and mouse but it stil happens.
Sometimes it will go all day with only 1 freezeup, other times it happens after a couple of hours.
Would some kind person advise me on the next steps to take?

Hi techie24 and welcome to TSF.

Right click on My Computer and select 'Manage'. Then in the next window choose Device Manager. In Device Manager check to see if there are any warnings about next to 'Mice and other Pointing Devices' or anywhere else.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/mouse-freezing-up-562424.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi All Can someone please help my touchpad mouse keeps freezing up or reacting really slow I have spyware adware AVg and Reg Cure installed Here is acopy pf my HJ file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS Mouse Freezing System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS Mouse Freezing system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA MUSICM MUSICM MMDiag exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mim exe C Program Files HPQ SHARED HPQWMI exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Stuart Wilson My Documents Unzipped HiJackThis v HiJackThis v exe c progra common instal update isuspm exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService agent exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http uk red clientapps yahoo com customize btyahoo defaults su http uk search yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - B DE- C - BF-B B- B F A E - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyside dll O - BHO UberButton Class - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo common yiesrvc dll O - BHO YahooTaggedBM Class - D A - CA - B-BB - D EFB A - C Program Files Yahoo common YIeTagBm dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO SidebarAutoLaunch Class - F AA - - -B C -A CCDF CBF D - C Program Files Yahoo browser YSidebarIEBHO dll O - Toolbar HP view - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin HPDTLK dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run LSBWatcher c hp drivers hplsbwatcher lsburnwatcher exe O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -start O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE ISUSPM exe -startup O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus C Series C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I R EXE P quot EPSON Stylus C Series quot O quot USB quot M quot Stylus C quot O - HKLM Run eabconfg cpl C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe Start O - HKLM Run Cpqset C Program Files HPQ Default Settings cpqset exe O - H... Read more

A:Mouse Freezing

You have a LOAD of stuff installed/starting that isn't needed. But that's your choice.

You do have at least three updaters, and these:

c:\progra~1\common~1\instal~1\update~1\isuspm.exe

C:\Program Files\ CommonFiles\ InstallShield\ UpdateService\ agent.exe

have been found to cause some problems such as high cpu usage continuously. May be a conflict situation.

I suggest you send Howard Hopkinson a PM and get this transferred to the Security section and have him review it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-freezing.76894/
Relevancy 44.72%

My mouse keeps freezing in every program and internet location. Pressing ctrl and alt together unfreezes it for awhile but it is happening every 20 seconds now. Anyone have any ideas

A:My mouse keeps freezing

is it a mechanical mouse (ball mouse) or is it an optical mouse?

Is it corded or wireless?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-mouse-keeps-freezing.633251/
Relevancy 44.72%

This is possibly the strangest problem I've ever had!
From time to time my pointer freezes. Not for any particular reason (notably after running Norton but I dont think thats relevant). The mouse, however, can still select things and highlights when it scrolls over buttons etc. So its functioning other than the little picture of the arrow isnt moving. Similarly, when I play Rome Total War the mouse leaves ghosts of itself on the screen that dont go away. i.e. there are loads of pictures of where the pointer has been all over the screen. It cant be the mouse as I just installed a brand new one to try and redress this. Also my Graphics card is only a couple of months old. Dont have a clue! Any help would be appreciated.

Specs:
Processor: AMD Athlon XP 1800+
Hard Drive- Maxtor 6Y080L0
Graphics- NVIDIA Geforce 6800 GS
Mouse- Logitech

Could be a process in behind running......what Ram do you have?

Check your running processes in the task manager and also see if you actually need that process running.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-freezing.510379/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi My XPSP machine's mouse freezes for about seconds and lets go This happens say every minute or so but quite randomly I have tried various mice including USB and PS mice but with no success I even had my memory checked and changed the same but again with no mouse? freezing success I freezing mouse? had noticed a few virus malwares which seemed to be under control with the Avast Home edition However I guess someone should look into my HJT log and let me know if I need to look elsewhere Thank you for your help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC freezing mouse? WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC PROGRA Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast setup avast setupC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https sibernet southindianbank com corp B pType corporateR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeO - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS pchealth helpctr Binaries MSCONFIG EXE autoO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip AE F AF- FB - C D- B- C C NameServer O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip C BC - B - -A - A CF DD NameServer O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip EFCFA B-E - E- - A C EF NameServer O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip AE F AF- FB - C D- B- C C NameServer O - Service avast iAVS Control Service aswUpdSv - ALWIL Software - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exeO - Service avast Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exeO - Service avast Mail Scanner - ALWIL Software - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exeO - Service avast Web Scanner - ALWIL Software - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe--End of file - bytes

A:freezing mouse?

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a description of your problem, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below a staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results, click no to the Optional_ScanFollow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/183455/freezing-mouse/
Relevancy 44.72%

Sometimes (not all the time), whenever I boot up my computer and it soon comes to the desktop. I open up Internet Explorer or Mozilla firefox and I can still move the mouse. Well, whenever I click the Adress Bar, my mouse soon freezes and I can't do anything.

Does anyone know the cause of this? Sometimes if I wait about 30 seconds before I load up Internet explorer, it won't freeze.

A:Freezing Mouse

Try reinstalling the mouse's drivers. You can get the most updated drivers at mouse's manufacturers website, under Support or Download.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/80168/freezing-mouse/
Relevancy 44.72%

I don't know what is causing this but my mouse keeps freezing(USB).It doesn't happen in windows xp and i have tried various nforce drivers for my motherboard.I have to ctrl+alt+delete then go to log off and the cursor moves again.I don't think it should matter but the mouse is an OCZ behemoth.Has anyone else came across this problem? my windows 7 version is the latest RTM.

Cheers

A:Mouse keeps freezing

Fill in your system specs
Are you running the OCZ drivers or generic Windows drivers?
Do you have advanced profiles set up for the mouse?
Does hitting just the ALT 2-4 times make it work again?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/25642-mouse-keeps-freezing.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,
I've got a IBM PII-450 that I upgraded from Win98se to Win2000 Pro. I did all the windows updates and everything worked fine. I installed a DVD burner on it about two weeks ago and it seemed fine, but now after about 15 min. of running, if I go to surf or even when I'm using Word the mouse will stop working. Everything else works so I'm able to use keystrokes to move around to re-boot. I've tried two different mouse both PS/2 and Optical with the same results. If anyone have a clue and could help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-freezing-win-2k-help.324393/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey.

My laptop's starting to act up again =(
This time its the laptop mouse - it keeps freezing up or clicking random things. Sometimes it goes away completely and comes back again randomly...
I tried everything to fix this but keep coming at a dead end.

Any ideas?

A:Mouse Freezing up

What kind of mouse do you have, Dagurl92? Is it built in or free-standing?

A couple of thoughts come to mind: Have you taken a look at your mouse settings/options? Also, is there a new(er) mouse driver available, that you could download?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/285566-mouse-freezing-up.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have Win XP SP2 running on a Dell 3.2 Gh processor with 1024 of secondary memory and lots of hard drive free space.
My mouse freezes witout warning. Sometimes I can go a few hours without it freezing up. Once this happens I can't escape expect by turning the compyter off at the wall.
Any, not too technical, suggestions?
John Larenard

A:Mouse freezing

Have you checked your mouse? If you have an optical mouse, I would observe it to make sure that when your computer does freeze that the light is still lit in the mouse. When it freezes next time. Press the "Windows" Key on your keyboard. If the "Start" menu comes up then you know it could be something related to your mouse.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-freezing.774124/
Relevancy 44.72%

Heyall,i`ve got a freezing mouse and am thinking it may need to be re-installed.Any ideas or should the mouse be re-installed(by what method) or maybe a driver update .I can`t see replacing it as it is a new system.................tank ya !

Relevancy 44.72%

I need some help. I have a fairly new pc with a Val Gear Lazer mouse that i bought 5 months ago. The last few days the mouse will freeze. I can still browse the computer through the keyboard i just cant move my mouse. I have to either restart the computer of pull the plug on the mouse and plug it back in to get it moving again. This happens on any site i visit at various times. I cant figure out what is causing it. I dont know if its the mouse or something on my pc. I have ran adaware, spybot, nortons, did a disc clean up and a scan disc. Not sure what else i should be doing. Anyone have any idea what could be the problem?

Mary-Anne

A:mouse freezing

don't know if this will help but go into device manager and click on your mouse then click on advanced settings when there change the sample rate to a lower number . I had a similar problem my mouse would lock and release I lowered the sample rate from 100 to 80 and haven't seen a problem since (mine is a ps 2 mouse not usb)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-freezing.226721/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all, my sis TooToby is having a strange problem..
shortly after booting, her mouse slowly tracks to the top center of her screen and then freezes, not just the mouse, the whole PC freezes, this problem started a few weeks ago, but was intermittent, now however, she can only navigate for a short time.

This sounds like a virus or trojan issue to me, she uses AVG and it's updated, shows clear, she also has updated spybot, also clear ! The PC is a Gateway 450MHZ Win 98SE... anyone have any ideas...Rhett (she would have posted herself, but her pc is freezing up to fast)

Relevancy 44.72%

My operating system is Windows 7 and my computer is a Packard Bell iExtreme.
I have been having a problem for the last 3 weeks with my mouse freezing up and unable to escape using Ctrl/Alt/Delete.
I am having to re-boot each time.
I am using a wireless keyboard and mouse and have tried using another keyboard and mouse but it stil happens.
Sometimes it will go all day with only 1 freezeup, other times it happens after a couple of hours.
Would some kind person advise me on the next steps to take?

A:Mouse Freezing up

Did you try a wired keyboard and mouse? Also, make sure there are fresh (as in just-purchased) batteries in the devices. You can also try uninistalling the device drivers for the mouse and keyboard then reboot and allow Windows to reload them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-freezing-up.988974/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a Razer Diamondback gaming mouse and just recently out of random it started freezing while I was playing in-game (happens also when out of game).

At first it only froze for like a second then worked again (every ~10 min).. now it totally freezes every 20 mins or so and I have to unplug then plug-in the mouse (usb) and it starts working again!!!

I've updated it with the latest driver and still no fix.

Any ideas???
(including having to call Razor and getting a new mouse?)
Please help!!!

Thanks

A:Mouse keeps freezing!!!!

Can you try another USB mouse?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-keeps-freezing.643473/
Relevancy 44.72%

When I log in, my mouse moves the cursor only p and down ; not side to side. This eases after I have (eventually) got into my ISP then mailbox. I've cleaned the mouse and run all the usual malware/virus checks. No change. My ISP (aol) says it's nothing to do with them.

any ideas?

In particular, is there a way to use the up and downb arrows instead of the mouse?

wordswort

Grab another mouse to get a better idea where to look.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-freezing.643184/
Relevancy 44.72%

I need help! This started happening today... my mouse is working fine but all of a sudden it will freeze I've tried changing the batteries but that didn't help it happens even when I have full battery and perfect connection! Help! What do I do?

A:Freezing Mouse!

Test with a different mouse. That will determine if you have a mouse or PC issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/freezing-mouse.1054080/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a ps/2 mouse connected which freezes anywhere, anytime, in any software but there is still some life. The pointer wont move but highlights on a dropdown menu will still move up/down as I move the mouse. Keyboard still works fine during mouse freeze. A reboot normalises everything until next freeze. I have tried - reducing hardware acceleration, installed a memory manager, a DOS mouse driver (still freezes), different ports for the mouse, swopping mouses - still no luck. My system is as follows: Mouse on COM1 and IRQ4. ST-KTVAE M/Board. AMD 1.2ghz Thunderbird CPU, 256MB RAM, S3 Savage 8MB Video Card, 40GB HD, Running WIndows 98.
Can anybody help please?

Most likely you have to much in your startup using all your resourses up... Try taking some things out of the startup menu by going to start/run/ msconfig/startup & unchecking the items not needed to load at bootup.
If that doesn't help you may want to run Ad-aware for spyware.
if you don't have ad aware it can be downloaded free at http://www.lavasoftusa.com
Savvy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-freezing.60923/
Relevancy 44.72%

Every once in awhile my mouse freezes in movement.

This is very aggravating. On occasion my keyboard does the same.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

A:Why does mouse keep freezing?

Here is some canned pre-typed information to look at while you await for other suggestions

http://inquirer.philly.com/newsroom/faq/pages/fdb7df9-37.html

Lots of things can bring about mouse freezes: Insufficient memory. Bad drivers. Program conflicts, among other things. Some possible solutions:

Improve the PC's memory. If your PC doesn't have enough memory, it may temporarily suspend mouse function while the central processing unit takes care of more important things.

Empty the Temporary Internet Files and Temp folders, uninstall programs you no longer need, and delete unwanted files.Empty your Recycle Bin. Then, run ScanDisk and defragment your hard drive. All of that will make it easier for Windows to create a good swap file, which Windows uses as auxiliary memory.

Check out your mouse drivers. Your mouse driver may have been corrupted. Reinstall your mouse driver or, better yet, download and install a more recent driver, if one is available.

Check out your video driver. If the freezes occur while Internet Explorer or another graphics-intensive program is running, a balky video driver may be causing the mouse to freeze. Download and install a new video driver. To do so, visit the Web site maintained by the maker of your video card or computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-does-mouse-keep-freezing.198150/
Relevancy 44.72%

My mouse keeps randomly freezing. Its an microsoft opitical usb mouse. It starts workin after i replug it. Also sometimes its starts shooting up and down my screen and click on things somketimes closing programs.

i was wondering if there is either a problem with the usb port or the mouse

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-freezing.193822/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,

I have an Advent 7201 laptop and recently the 3 USB ports have stopped working. 2 show no signs of life while the 3rd one says the device is unknown and wont work properly whatever I plug into it. I have tried updating the drivers but I cant seem to find any newer ones than the ones that were installed. Is it likely they are dead or are being corrupted by something else.
I have run anti-virus checks and spyware scans that show up no problems.
Also from time to time the mouse freezes and I have to restart the laptop to get it going again - Is it possible these are linked ??

Would be grateful for any advice - thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-usbs-and-mouse-freezing.984747/
Relevancy 44.72%

I'm sure this is a common problem for all pc users but I'm curious about it for it is happening a lot to me as of late.

Is there a specific reason for, way to prevent or even way of minimizing the freezing up of my mouse cursor and hence my operating system?

Or is this just a necessary evil of using pcs?

I have a Dell 4550 with XP.

About 6 years old.

Read here on mouse freezes: http://inquirer.philly.com/newsroom/faq/pages/fdb7df9-37.html

Update all your drivers here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic100658.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-freezing.115205/
Relevancy 44.72%

help!
My computer freezes/stops loading/thinking if I am not moving the mouse. I'm not talking about after an extended length of time either, seconds is all it takes. I do not have a screen saver set up, so it's not timing out. It is a wireless mouse, I am running Windows 7, and primarily use Firefox and Explorer. I tried Spybot, that didn't work... I don't know what else you may need to know. But if you can help, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

A:freezing + mouse

Closing duplicate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/freezing-mouse.1112491/
Relevancy 44.72%

On login screen the mouse and keyboard work fine, however after I have logged in, and the desktop is loaded, they both freeze.

Logitech Bluetooth Mouse & Keyboard

Already installed the latest drivers, any ideas?

When you installed the drivers were you logged in under a different profile that the one where you get the freeze? It's a rhetorical question... but it might give you a clue about why this could be happening...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/41506-mouse-freezing.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Have just bought a new computer 1ghz Athlon running windows ME for my brother.

The problem is that he has two mice - both new. One has a wheel thingy and the other doesn't. When he uses the one with the wheel thing - the machine works fine for a while then everything freezes and the mouse doesn't work. It can only be cured by turning the machine off. This doesn't happen when he uses the other mouse and the drivers he's using all seem to be right...any ideas anyone???

Steven

A:Mouse keeps freezing

Have him look for updated mouse drivers for ME.....depending on what brand mouse it is, I think there is one Logitech in particular that doesn't like ME.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-keeps-freezing.54321/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have windows Vista Home Basic , my mouse freezes and jumps around

A:freezing mouse

Hello ronda052056

Have you tried a different mouse?

Have you tried cleaning the mouse?

Have you tried reinstalling the driver?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/freezing-mouse-296764.html
Relevancy 44.72%

From time to time my Freezing Mouse Log for HJT pointer freezes Not for any particular reason notably after running Norton but I dont think thats relevant The mouse however can still select things and highlights when it scrolls over buttons etc So its functioning other than the little picture of the arrow isnt moving Similarly when I play Rome Total War the mouse leaves ghosts of itself on the screen that dont go away i e there are loads of pictures of where the pointer has been all over the screen It cant be the mouse as I just installed a brand new one to try and redress HJT Log for Freezing Mouse this Also my Graphics card is only a couple of months old Dont have a clue Any help HJT Log for Freezing Mouse would be appreciated I was told to post this here in the hope that someone would know what to do Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security NISUM EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Norton Internet Security ccPxySvc exe C WINDOWS System CTSvcCDA EXE C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files ATI Multimedia main launchpd exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exe C Program Files MICROSTAR Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files KLG- Wireless PCI Network Adapter WLANPRO exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Nokia PC Suite for Nokia connmngmntbox exe C PROGRA MI DA BLUETO BTSTAC EXE C Program Files Nokia PC Suite for Nokia ectaskscheduler exe C PROGRA Nokia PCSUIT Elogerr exe C Program Files Intuwave Shared mRouterRunTime mRouterRuntime exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C PROGRA Nokia PCSUIT BROADC EXE C PROGRA Nokia PCSUIT SCRFS exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C HJT HijackThis exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run WINDVDPatch CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXE O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe Consumer O - HKLM Run saap c program files search-a... Read more

A:HJT Log for Freezing Mouse

Anyone? Ideas? Thoughts? Please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hjt-log-for-freezing-mouse.510508/
Relevancy 44.72%

My mouse pad has a problem of freezing periodically. This isn't a problem with the mouse pad disable button. You know, the button you double tap to turn the mouse pad off? Yeah that's not the problem here. I am a Computer Science undergrad student and am very good with computers. I have issues where I'll be using my mouse pad and it will randomally freeze and not respond to me touching it. The physically mouse buttons work, the pad is what's freezing. Sometimes it fixes itself after a few seconds to a few minutes. Sometimes I need to restart the laptop. Restarting always works. Any help is greatly appreciated.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Mouse-pad-keeps-freezing/td-p/5802775
Relevancy 44.72%

I am running Windows XP on an HP laptop. I installed awireless router last week. Don't know if this is related, but my mouse and keyboard are freezing up forcing me to reboot. Any suggestions would be great. I have had to reboot nearly 10 times today.

[tsg=welcome][/tsg]

Hi There!

Start by trying this:
Run MSCONFIG
Choose "Selective Startup"
UNCHECK "Load Startup Items"

Apply & close, say YES to restart.

When the system comes back up, monitor performance and see if the lockups continue. If they stop, then you'll want to see what in the startup list within MSCONFIG is causing it.
Good Luck!

ST

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-freezing-up.153402/
Relevancy 44.29%

Recently my cursor has started freezing intermittently The freezes can last from about - seconds and happen about - times a minute If you move the mouse during one of these freezes the cursor will not move but after the mouse is unstuck the cursor will fly to where it should have gone originally The freezes seem to happen more frequently when the computer is doing something stressful like playing a game but they also happen right after start up when no programs are open I have tried a number of mice all wired and all USB and they all have the same problem Some of the things I have done to fix Constant freezing mouse this issue include uninstalling any mice software that was on my computer and reinstalling it doing a system restore to before the problem started deleting most unnecessary programs to relieve stress on the computer cleaned up my desktop removing word ppt excel and other programme files and many other suggestions from the internet There are some similar posts to mine on other forums but they are dealing with older operating systems and the suggested fixes do not apply to Windows Vista Any help is appreciated because this is getting very annoying Seeing a person just out of your crosshairs and not being able to aim at Constant mouse freezing them is rather stressful nbsp

A:Constant mouse freezing

Would it be possible to try a PS/2 mouse or use the USB adapter?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/constant-mouse-freezing.151132/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello all I've recently begun to have a problem about my USB mouse and my new mobo I've bought an MSI XA-GD weeks ago I've formatted my hdd installed a clean x ultimate installed newest drivers and updated the bios However there began some problems at startup about my mouse Randomly lets say in every - Boots my computer doesnt recognise my mouse saying that quot in Startup Win Mouse USB after 7 Freezing device could not be installed quot or something like that you know the default quot usb device error quot And i must either re-plug it or restart the computer I've changed the ports re-done everyting but no chance It happens randomly just before quot Welcome quot screen appears the light of the USB Mouse Freezing after Startup in Win 7 mouse fades away and after Welcome screen cursor does not move Thinking that it would be a mo'bo issue i've changed it with a better model MSI FXA-GD Another format another install of the newest things bios update However shit happens again I've got a A X XL- BK mouse which is kinda new and doesnt have and had any problem except this one Some say that i should change it but i'm really confused about it because it runs just fine and smooth My other system elements are X B E x Gb Geil Enhance Corsa Mhz Sapphire Radeon V TB Samsung HDD etc OH almost forgot the add I've also got a USB Powered Sound Card a Line UX and it just works flawlessly never had such quot functional quot problems What can i do about this issue

A:USB Mouse Freezing after Startup in Win 7

Dear slammer88,
Hello and welcome! Just change the battery in your USB Mouse and try! Worth the effort, considering you've changed an entire MoBo!

Regards,
sreedhav

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/218433-usb-mouse-freezing-after-startup-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi there,

My mouse cursor freezes once every ~30s for about 1~2s. It doesn't happen all the time, but I suspect it might happen because of the usage of postgreSQL, as I've seen 2 other people with the same problem who also used it.

I have tested another mouse, the problem persists. I've tried updating mouse/USB drivers as well, nothing helped.

My trackpad, however, doesn't stop working at any time.
Any ideas?

Thanks.

A:Mouse cursor freezing

Interesting how when you tested another mouse the issue persisted, but it works with the trackpad. Are both mice you tried (non-trackpad) wired or wireless?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-cursor-freezing.203256/
Relevancy 44.29%

hey My pc keeps freezing about 3-5 after logging on but the mouse still moves and then 5 minutes after that it restarts, ive reformatted and still nothing and ive checked for maware and just ran Hijack this here is the log attached hopefully someone can help Thanks

A:freezing oc but mouse moving

The entire middle section of your log is missing.

HiJackThis doesn't work properly anyway with Windows 7 64-bit, so your log is basically useless.

------------------------------------------------------------

If you've formatted the hard drive and done a clean reinstall of Windows 7 64-bit, you need to get it completely up-to-date first before you install programs and extras in that computer.

It's pretty obvious that you haven't upgraded it to SP1 and then installed the numerous post-SP1 security-related important/recommended updates.

------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/freezing-oc-but-mouse-moving.1102123/
Relevancy 44.29%

The problem of mouse freeze ups first started - months ago And a or so minute every freezing or second Mouse for two USB back then the screen would actually freeze up where only unplugging USB Mouse freezing for a second or two every minute or so power to the computer would allow me to shut it down and start over I was getting several of those a day I USB Mouse freezing for a second or two every minute or so don't recall exactly what cleared up that problem but the hard lock ups went away I did initiate some earlier quot restore quot points at that time But the more USB Mouse freezing for a second or two every minute or so common - sec mouse freezes have lingered At first I thought it was from dirt on the optical lens because cleaning it or blowing on it would often provide relief for hours When I experienced numerous BSOD's two weeks ago a bad memory stick resolved that problem and along with the mouse hang ups went entirely away for several days the first time that's happened in months But the problem eventually returned over the past days At first only a couple of times per day now up to several times per minute I can flip the mouse over at times and see that the optical sensor light is not lit for a brief period I can yank on the mouse wire and make the light go off I was planning to get a new mouse but after having no issues for most of a week I figured it wasn't a simple hardware issue My computer is an month old Dell Inspiron with nothing fancy no add ons etc All I really use it for is to surf the web no gaming no heavy duty spreadsheets or office work etc The drivers used are whatever came with it new The only programs I've loaded since delivery are Avast Adobe Flash Malawarebytes and Ad-aware Haven't had the mouse hang up once in the past minutes And just to be sure that no memory issues were still in play I ran MEMTEST this morning and received no errors So the memory is still ok Any thoughts thanks Brian

A:USB Mouse freezing for a second or two every minute or so

it could just be a faulty mouse? have a different one ya can try. to see if the problem goes away? also what surface ya got it on? have you got a proper mouse mat? sometimes i find i get odd reaction from the mouse at collage cause its on a shiny desk, no mat. try it on different things maybe!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/198725-usb-mouse-freezing-second-two-every-minute-so.html
Relevancy 44.29%

My Logitech G5 will random freeze, but stay on, and then it will also turn off for 10 seconds then turn back on. I've tried every USB port and it still does it. I've had Windows 7 for a week and it's been fine, and now this just started randomly. Any help?

A:Mouse freezing and turning off

This may help:
http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-...-64-bit-2.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/mouse-freezing-and-turning-off-427492.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi All Yesterday suddenly my keyboard and mouse stopped getting recognized by windows Things already done Restart Safe mode restart Anti-virus and Anti-Malware Reinstallation of drivers for both KB and Mouse changing to different USB ports phone ipod ipad get charged on those USB thus seems ports are working fine and is not voltage issue Now problem is if give a quot forced shutdown quot even then my kb n mouse are not recognized Like I cannot press quot F quot to get & Mouse Freezing Keyboard safemode window or quot del quot Keyboard & Mouse Freezing to enter BIOS No error shown either Only way to get them temporarily started is via plugging in PS kb and mouse and giving a restart Post restart both USB devices work for approximately minutes and things got frozen again Then unplug the USB devices put in PS devices give shut down etc So I felt corrupted windows and reinstalled entire windows but today morning again PC from sleep could not wake up with kb or mouse clicks This hasn't happened post any windows update thus restoring reverting is not option Loading in last recognized good config also does not solve problem Anyone faced something similar do let me know on PS connectors things work normal Keyboard is Sidewinder X and mouse is a DeathAdder Black Edition running Windows Bit edition rest my config is there in signature Regards

A:Keyboard & Mouse Freezing

do you have any other usb components plugged in? if so unplug all bar the kb and mouse.

update the chipset drivers for your mobo also.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/197367-keyboard-mouse-freezing.html
Relevancy 44.29%

My mouse used to work absolutely fine. Now when i connect my mouse to laptop the mouse pointer doesn't move at all, although i can use both the right and left clicks and the mouse wheel as well, they work very good. Also there used to be a red light flashing at the bottom of my mouse now it i can't see it. I have to use my touchpad to move my mouse pointer. I rebooted my laptop many times but that didn't work. Please provide a solution for this problem.

A:Mouse pointer freezing

Hello mobilepoker. Welcome to the forum.

Sound like a broken mouse. That red light has to be on to work.

One test you can do is try it in another PC. If it does not work there then that confirms it. Time for a new mouse.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/317089-mouse-pointer-freezing.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Please help I posted first to the malware spyware hjt list but BSOD mouse and freezing received no answer and BSOD and mouse freezing it s been several weeks now I posted to another list and they told me to post to another forum Vista I did receive some help and tech had me download a new video driver which I did but it didn t help at all Then got no answers after asking what else I might need to do So I am reposting to this Vista Forum in hopes of getting some help with this problem I am at my witts end and afraid of losing my computer and it s not even a year old Also my mouse seems to freeze up sometimes disappears when I boot up computer Off and on for about half an BSOD and mouse freezing hour Then it stops for a good while but then will freeze again for a while Could someone please help me I am on SS and have no money for a new computer or to hire someone to fix it and I am so afraid of losing this one Since Oct th I have been experiencing BSOD after leaving computer for some time So if leave it on overnight the BSOD appears in the am This is the only time I am getting that blue screen This computer is only a few months old It is an inexpensive desk computer Compag Presario AMD Athlon X e GB Dual Core Processor Hard Drive GB Optical Drive dVD CD Burner w LightScribe tech-laser etch silkscreen quality images onto dics Graphics NVIDIA GeForce SE Graphics This is the info on the blue screen Windows has encountered a problem and BSOD and mouse freezing must shut down to prevent damage to your computer Under that it says DRIVER-POWER-STATE-FAILURE Technical info STOP OXOOOOOO f OXOOOOOO OXOOOOO OX AAD X COLLECTING DATA FOR CRASH DUMP BEGINNING DUMP OF PHYSICAL MEMORY DUMPING PHYSICAL MEMORY TO DISK PHYSICAL MEMORY DUMP COMPLETE All drivers check out ok everything checked out ok with Norton comprehensive scan HP Adivsor suggested I Reinstall Adobe Flash Player and download new Yahoo Messenger which I did After reinstalling the Yahoo Messenger the blue screen did not appear for a few daysbut now it is back once again I have Norton and have run comprehensive scans and all checks out ok Please help computer is less than a year old This problem began on and has been ongoing since Other than the mouse freezing and the blue screen it seems to be running ok with no other problems than the two stated Thanks When I reboot after getting the blue screen I get a box that says Windows Has Experienced an Unexpected Shutdown and these were the details given in the box Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode f BCP BCP Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown BCP C D BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp C Users Owner AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml C Users Owner AppData Local Temp WER C E tmp version txt This is link to my computer http search hp com query html sh amp c amp qt SR Y nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

My USB mouse keeps freezing intermittently. It typically happens after the computer has been idle for a while, so I thought it might be connected to a power setting. The power management plan is set to balanced. The USB selective suspend option is disabled. In the Device Manager I checked the Power Management for the mouse and the option to allow the computer to turn off this device to save power is deselected and grayed out. And the mouse driver is up to date.
I was wondering if there is something I haven't thought to check. If this is a common glitch in Windows 7, is there a setting that might fix this?
Thanks in advance. I appreciate any help you can provide.

A:Mouse intermittently freezing

Here is your other thread with a few suggestions... http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/522301/usb-mouse-keeps-freezing-on-start-menu/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/522319/mouse-intermittently-freezing/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello! This problem has been happening for a couple weeks and this is the problem: My wireless usb mouse (an Onn mouse) keeps freezing on my laptop. I'd unplug and plug it back in and i'd work but i'd have to do that many times. I also have an HP mouse that works fine.  Anyone know why?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Wireless-USB-Mouse-Keeps-Freezing/td-p/5645434
Relevancy 44.29%

The following is a copy paste from the Windows forum Originally Posted by cheezit Not really sure where this goes but I am running Windows Home Premium In the last couple of days my mouse pointer momentarily freezes for no more than a second each time it does it At the same time I hear a quot tee-dunk Pointer Freezing Mouse quot tone from the speakers I have looked in Task Manager at all the processes running and checked them all online to see what they are They are all processes that are supposed to be there I use Microsoft Security Essentials daily and it hasn't found anything Outside of being bothersome this hasn't caused anything to slow down so I am at a loss Any ideas on what to look for Thanks This is exactly what I am experiencing Right down to the quot tee-dunk quot tone Has anyone figured this out yet Cheezit hasn't responded since he has gotten a new mouse My story I updated to Windows from XP when they were offering the get it now deal I was hoping to get the bit version but they detected that I had the bit XP so that is what Win version they gave me to download--maybe that is all my system can handle but I digress Ever since I installed Window my mouse would do exactly what cheezit said his did His is the only exact description I found to my mouse's malady when I Freezing Mouse Pointer researched what the problem could be That's why I registered to this Windows forum instead of the Windows one update I registered in this Windows forum for additional exposure Freezing Mouse Pointer I just had my wife read this and she suggested that my mouse Freezing Mouse Pointer might just be too old and is having conflicts with the new Windows OS This seems reasonable My computer system is years old Any help with this please tia paco

A:Freezing Mouse Pointer

Wired mouse? If yes its likely a broken wire in the cord? If it's a really old mouse it might be time to buy a new one anyway.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/30757-freezing-mouse-pointer.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi. The problem initially started with an un-expected BSOD so I re-started using Safe Mode and completed system re-store. Re-booted to normal mode and noted that after 3-4 minutes the mouse on track pad and via USB port would freeze and PC became un-responsive. PC works fine in Safe Mode with networking option selected. I have manually updated device drivers in Device Manager. System is slightly more stable but will freeze again after 30 mins of use. The BSOD occurs infrequently after the mouse freezes. BSOD fault codes are below and zip file is attached.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: deaddead
BCP1: 000000000F00004B
BCP2: 000000000125025B
BCP3: 0000000012A60000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Could you please assist with reviewing codes and suggesting ideas to try ?

Many thanks for your assistance.

Vicarage

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/396537-mouse-freezing-bsod.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I'm having a big problem with the mouse lately (USB OPTICAL and LASER) they just seem to freeze and then i have to disconnect the usb and connect it back again. It then happens ever so often and its just so annoying.

Could this be a virus/trojan problem as i dont think it is a hardware problem.

please help thanks!!

Relevancy 44.29%

Hi!I have a recently purchased G780 running windows 8! I seem to have a continuing problem in that the mouse pointer freezes and I am unable to use the laptop until it comes back to life. I have run task manager while this has happened as I suspected that it could be down to to to many power hungry program's and tasks running at once! But both the RAM and CPU don't appear to being over stretched! I have updated the driver but the problem still persists! Dose anyone have any suggestions? Faulty Touchpad maybe? Any help great fully received!ThanksGary

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-Legacy-Laptops-A-I-V/Freezing-Mouse-Pointer/td-p/1079939
Relevancy 44.29%

Since about 2 months ago, my mouse like every 20-40 minutes will freeze up for 3-5 seconds for no reason whatsoever, doesnt matter what im doing, just does it. not neccesairly a big problem but it gets annoying.

any suggestions?

A:Mouse occasionally freezing?

You most likely have the incorrect driver. Often people install a new mouse, or rather simply plug it in, and they don't bother with the install disk that has the correct driver because whalla! Windows supposedly did it for you with it's "found new hardware" and the "your new hardware is ready to use". Although it's generic driver will work, it will basically work like yours is. You need to either use the disk that came with it and install the driver on it, OR Google up the manufacturer of that mouse and under support it will have drivers for their different models. ODDS ARE that's what it is, BUT there is always a chance of a conflict. Try that and it should fix your problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-occasionally-freezing.747939/
Relevancy 44.29%

My mouse keeps freezing on my hp 3180us. It seems to happen very randomly. I will usually have to restart multiple times to get it to work again. The light to show if it is enabled or disabled still works, if I plug in a wireless mouse then it will work, and I can still use other items such as the keyboard. Though it has completely frozen all together a few times.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, run avast, superantispyware, spybot, and malware bytes. I cant seem to figure out why it is happening.

The mouse is by Synaptics.

Can anyone offer any help?

Thanks!
Jen

A:Mouse keeps freezing on hp 3180us

Trying to bump to see if anyone can help.

Thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/255680-mouse-keeps-freezing-hp-3180us.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello! I have eight computers hooked up to a Belkin OmniView 16-Port KVM Switch, and I've recently been having a freezing problem with the mouse. When I switch away from a computer and then switch back, I'll often find that the mouse has frozen on the screen even though the computer itself isn't frozen and the mouse still functions fine on other computers. The only way to fix it is to restart. This has happened to every one of the computers, and it's begun to happen much more often than it used to. It's driving me up the wall. Does anyone have any nuggets of wisdom on how to fix this? Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/freezing-mouse-on-kvm-switch.623076/
Relevancy 44.29%

So I'm using the logitec g500 on a 1000 polling rate and for some reason very occasionally while playing csgo my mouse freezes(not my PC, I can still run around) I get no disconnect/reconnect sound from my PC so I'm a bit confused as to what it might be. I read a very vague post by someone saying he had problems at 1000tolling rate because his motherboard couldn't handle it. I have a asus p5kc mobo which granted is pretty old but I can't imagine it should have handling problems with my mouse. Any suggestions? Could it just be a loose wire(my mouse is pretty old now and could be wear and tear) but then I assumed that would trigger the windows disconnect sound.

Thanks in advance

A:Mouse occasionally freezing

This problem is quiet common with a few models of Logitech mice randomly dropping out and being unresponsive. Some of the G series mice have had cables that wear horribly over time. A few G series mice even had this defect from day one so Logitech did some RMA style repairs for some of these. You may want to hit Logitech up and see if they can repair the mouse. If there is a unreasonable repair fee it might just be time to retire the mouse and move to a new one.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/gaming/122824-mouse-occasionally-freezing.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi Howard Would appreciate it if you could look at this my touchpad mouse keeps freezing up or reacting really slow I have spyware adware AVg and Reg Cure installed Here is acopy pf my HJ file Kind regards Stuart Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at on Platform Windows Freezing - Mouse Malware?? XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Mouse Freezing - Malware?? ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Common Mouse Freezing - Malware?? Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA MUSICM MUSICM MMDiag exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mim exe C Program Files HPQ SHARED HPQWMI exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Stuart Wilson Desktop Protected DailyDonkeyBot exe C Documents and Settings Stuart Wilson Desktop VCDSZX exe C Program Files PokerStars PokerStars exe C Program Files PokerStars PokerStarsCommunicate exe C Documents and Settings Stuart Wilson Desktop VCDSZX exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C Documents and Settings Stuart Wilson Desktop Bots Dogs Fav New GreyHorse exe C Documents and Settings Stuart Wilson My Documents Unzipped HiJackThis v HiJackThis v exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http uk red clientapps yahoo com customize btyahoo defaults su http uk search yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - B DE- C - BF-B B- B F A E - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyside dll O - BHO UberButton Class - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo common yiesrvc dll O - BHO YahooTaggedBM Class - D A - CA - B-BB - D EFB A - C Program Files Yahoo common YIeTagBm dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO SidebarAutoLaunch Class - F AA - - -B C -A CCDF CBF D - C Program Files Yahoo browser YSidebarIEBHO dll O - Toolbar HP view - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin HPDTLK dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run LSBWatcher c hp drivers hplsbwatcher lsburnwatcher exe O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -start O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE ISUSPM exe -startup O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus C S... Read more

A:Mouse Freezing - Malware??

O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
O23 - Service: YPCService - Yahoo! Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\YPCSER~1.EXE

--
End of file - 9882 bytes

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-freezing-malware.76966/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hallo I just bought a new Dell XPS pc a few days ago and it seems or Mouse/Keyboard freezing seemed great However a few days after buying it my mouse and keyboard would freeze Mouse/Keyboard freezing up though the background would keep going and wasn t static - this led to me assuming that i just had to replug the mouse and keyboard and that the whole computer wasn t frozen This was not the case I tried replugging things but once replugged Mouse/Keyboard freezing the mouse and keyboard totally shut off and were only activated once again when restarting the computer And to maybe take out several culprits I doubt I have a virus since the scan showed up nothing and I never installed anything Also it s not anything application-specific that I m aware of since this happens anytime and I never installed anything else that was special other than my wireless adapter for the internet I have an optical Dell mouse and a Dell multimedia keyboard Any suggestions or thoughts Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

Mouse is freezing or disappearing. System also freezes-cannot close w/Control/Alt/Delete-have to shut down w/ power button. Also having trouble w/ Windows Installer.Tried to install from Microsoft but error messages-cannot find module. Also problem w/ cryptogenic services ??? Maybe time for a new system??

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mouse-and-system-freezing-up-496115.html
Relevancy 44.29%

The USB mouse on my laptop, Pavilion TX2000, keeps freezing and making a sound like a new message or error sound, I have to constantly unplug the mouse and then plug it back in, this works, sometimes for 10-15 minutes, sometimes only for a few seconds.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/my-tx2000-usb-mouse-keeps-freezing/td-p/5740538
Relevancy 44.29%

Lately my HP Pavilion 750n (Windows XP as the OS, 1.6 GHz Pentium 4 processor and 768 MB RAM) has developed an problem of the mouse cursor freezing. This is accompanied by a click sounding from the tower and the HD light comes on. The computer completely locks up, so I can't determine what is causing this since pressing the CTRL-ALT-DEL keys are inoperative. I have to unplug the power, then re-start to get the mouse working again. I have MSE as the security software. Scans with this show no viruses. Any idea what's going on?

A:Mouse Cursor Freezing

The HP Pavilion 750n desktop is several years old, so it's a good probability the hard drive is failing.
The freezing mouse cursor and clicking sound from inside the tower reinforces that suspicion.

If the hard drive does need replacing and you don't have the original recovery disc kit available to install Windows XP, you can purchase it here.

-------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-cursor-freezing.1035033/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi,

My USB mouse keeps freezing every few seconds. Regardless of what I'm doing, it will freeze every 10-15 seconds for a period of time of anywhere from half a second or so to ~10 seconds. I've tried this in multiple USB ports and I've gone through all of the settings to disable the powering down of the USB, etc. I've replugged the mouse and restarted my PC more times than I care to count over the last two days. I've uninstalled and reinstalled drivers automatically and manually a silly amount of times. This has also happened with two mice in two days, except one of them now isn't even being recognised by Windows anymore. I tried to system restore, but the furthest back I could restore to was about two hours after the problem started occurring.

Any help would be great, as this is unbelievably frustrating.

Thanks.

Relevancy 44.29%

Mod Edit Split from http www bleepingcomputer com forums t keyboard-and-mouse-randomly-not-being-recognized - Hamluis This too is my problem and it's extremely annoying It started about a month ago - or around the time of the September Win updates Computer Specs Built and put into regular use in September OS Win Pro bit ASRock Z Pro MB GB RAM Intel i - CPU TB hard drives TB hard drive all with at least or more free space I have an extra USB card off the PCI on the MB I was tired of powering hubs Watt PS NVidia GEForce GTX Ti Logitech G gaming mouse moderately old Logitech K Illuminated Keyboard Moderately new Razr n te gaming pad Complaint Random freezing of mouse Symptoms Usually the mouse will freeze for no apparent reason It requires unplugging and plugging it back in to get it to work Firefox most recent version is usually running even in the background but Random Mouse of Freezing the mouse has frozen in every program I've had up at one point or another so it doesn't seem to be directly related to FF It freezes at least once or twice a day Computer activity or heat don't seem to be a factor A few times plugging the Random Freezing of Mouse mouse back into the same port will not work but plugging it into another one will I have best luck plugging it into the add-on USB card but not always On occasion the mouse will not restart after being plugged back in Changing ports has helped in some cases In a few it has not and the computer had to be rebooted to get functionality back When these instances happen the lights on the mouse flash in an irregular pattern - - - - Plugging another rmouse in will not solve that problem When the lights flash the computer always has to be restarted Twice I tried a second mouse and it failed and flashed as well regardless of what port it was plugged into ONCE And ONLY once the keyboard joined in on the fun and was flashing off and on This required a hard shut-off of the computer since no input device was working except the game pad No other USB ports seem to be affected when the mouse goes wonky The problem has only ever happened twice in one day ONCE The computer is shut down at night except Sundays when it backs itself up Other history at or near time of first occurrance Windows Updates for September Firefox updated from V to V Aniweather plug-in added Comodo Internet Security Pro updates Freezing always occurs on movement I'll be moving the mouse and it will stop It's never happened where I'm not moving the mouse and it suddenly won't move again Freezing may always occur with simultaneous input key click simultaneous mouse button click scrolling and moving I say may because it seems to me it's usually when I'm in the middle of something like a game scrolling editing or some such thing when multiple imputs from KB mouse or game pad can be happening while moving the mouse But I'm not sure that's always been the case I can not reliably reproduce the freezing Things that don't affect it What program is running It's happened at least once in each of my usual programs CPU usage Memory usage Devices plugged in I'll have my phone charging every so often or a camera downloading pictures or some other device plugged in What I've done I have flashed the BIOS with the most recent update and installed USB port power boosters AppCharger All other drivers for the MB are current not recently updated either The mouse has no mouse-specific drivers No new drivers for the keyboard or the game pad exist NVidia drivers were updated several months ago before the problem started and I had no apparent problems for several months I checked to see if Windows was disabling USB ports in power management of the Device Manager for USB ports hubs HID compliant devices and Mouse and the option to turn them off was greyed out I always turn off all hibernation sleep and suspend options on plugged in computers with the exception of turning the monitor off after minutes of inactivity so it wasn't unexpected The comptuer never su... Read more

A:Random Freezing of Mouse

As a follow up:
There are two things I didn't mention because I didn't think them relevant, but they may actually be based on the mouse behavior over the last two to three days (since I posted above).  I updated LibreOffice to the 4.3.2.2 version (From 4.2.1.1).  I almost always have that running in the background.  I also disabled the "aniweather" add-on in Firefox, which was also almost always running, too.

Since I posted, (and the above two things were done around the same time) I've had no mouse freezes at all.  None.  Zip.  Zilch.  Nada.  The AniWeather addon was added when I upgraded to Firefox (most current version) because my old weather forecaster/conditions add-on didn't work in the latest version.  I still don't know if one, the other, or both, or neither had anything to do with the mouse freezing, and I don't know for sure the problem has resolved.  I do know that it was freezing up at least once or even twice a day up to the day I posted, did one time shortly after that, then hasn't frozen at all since.  It's been close to three days.

Right now, considering AniWeather's features on mouseover, that it was added in the time frame that the mouse freezing started, and the mouse started working fine after I disabled the add-on (which is what I didn't mention doing), I'm looking at it as the prime suspect, though I'm still not sure about how it could cause it when I'm in a game, unless its updating glitches and locks up the mouse.  I had the previous version of LibreOffice since it was released and didn't have any mouse-locking until about a month ago (give or take a week).  I'll try re-enabling it to see if the mouse starts randomly locking up on a more frequent basis again.  If it does, we have a culprit and the AniWeather dev will get a nasty-gram from me.  If not, well, I expect it will lock up again sooner or later since nothing else has been done to address the problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/551368/random-freezing-of-mouse/
Relevancy 44.29%

Problem: Random mouse/pc freezing for 2-3 seconds and flash freezing tabs on chrome or sounds crackling/pausing, and also can freeze mouse. Latest mouse freeze was on context menu of photo when i clicked properties.

I did: memtest 4 passes in 4 hours no errors, hot tester cpu stresed no errors, windows memory diagnostic passes 2 no errors, temperaures are ok, malwarebytes full scan, avast full scan nothing, hdtunes scan hdd no errors.

Configuration:
BIOSTAR Group A880G+ (CPU 1)
AMD Athlon II X2 260 Regor 45nm Technology
4,00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 667MHz (9-9-9-24)
932GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 ATA Device (SATA)
E2442 ([email protected]) 1024MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 440 (CardExpert Technology)

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

Help me please.

A:Mouse/PC freezing for few seconds

It would tell us a lot to know if running a boot disk like Linux Peppermint reproduces the problem while the OS is cut out of the loop. Peppermint3 - Create Live CD/DVD/USB To Use For Emergency Then unplug the HD and try it again.

Since you've tested hardware finish the other Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/308040-mouse-pc-freezing-few-seconds.html
Relevancy 44.29%

On nd of May in late afternoon I encountered this weird mouse freezing from - second or total mouse failure meaning mouse freezing Random mouse turned off resulting in me having to reconnect the mouse into USB port I use this mouse http int ms-start com ms-industrialnbsp wired-mousenbsp wizard- aspx At the moment I was playing a game called League of Legends but I believe it makes no difference I Random mouse freezing tried various things Changing the USB port didn t help also I tried to switch the keyboard in all of those and it is working perfectly fine and concerning the mouse it doesn t matter in which usb port it is the problem persists Updating the drivers they are up to date Uninstalling them and letting the computer do the work also didn t work Uninstalling Disabling just one of those makes the mouse dead Here Random mouse freezing is the picture http i tinypic com nbx qv png The location of the st one is quot on USB Human Interface Device quot and of the nd one is quot on HID-compliand device quot if it is of any help Also whenever that freeze occurs you can hear a specific sound the computer makes when it recognizes that something is in the USB port or that something USB stick or in this case mouse USB leaves the USB port Those sounds are also at random or at least I couldn t find the difference connection So I ve read that it maybe has something to do with my NVIDIA graphics card I got a NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti version and I tried rollbacking the graphics card but it didn t solve the problem The only two things I didn t do is trying another mouse and trying the current mouse on another computer One more thing to point at is If I am in the Device Manager picture above in the moment the mouse freezes and the computer produces the sound whole list of devices in Device Manager would refresh Also it seems that if I do not move the mouse the freezes including the sound will not occur I ain t sure about that though I also tried this which I found on another forum quot Not sure about the exact phrasing here but basically the part of the mouse where the cord goes into the mouse is glitchy broken As long as the cord was pointing straight away from the mouse or to the right or the mouse would work as normal however if the cord would point to the left from the mouse like so it wouldn t receive any power and act as if i unplugged the mouse So if i move the mouse far enough to the right eventually the cord would get turned to the left enough for this glitch to come into effect and the mouse to stop working quot Reinstalling the OS didn t give any results either I did a system restore before and after formatting the computer also nothing I do have enough of RAM gb physical memory usually doesn t go above - CPU also doesn t go above that Specs CPU Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz RAM GB Display GeForce GTX Ti Approx Total Memory MB Sorry for the long post and I m open to any suggestions since I ve been troubling with this for a lot of hours and I just can t seem to find the problem nbsp

A:Random mouse freezing

RedLobster830 said:

The only two things I didn't do is trying another mouse and trying the current mouse on another computer.

This is exactly what most people would recommend to see if the problem follows the mouse and if the other mice work properly. Mice actually fail quite frequently and cables and connectors break; a damaged cable seems to be what you are describing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-mouse-freezing.1125336/
Relevancy 44.29%

Sorry for freezing! & Mouse BSOD reposting but it's been ten days and I have had no replies to my first poston this forum I am just so worried that I BSOD & Mouse freezing! am going to lose this computer so please forgive me I posted to another forum the end of Oct and they replied to me after a few days and referred me to post here after they had me run OTL Log and OTL Extras Log They did not think it was virus malware etc problem they found this on several of the logs they had me run and post and believed this was the problem A parity error was detected on Device RaidPort Since Oct th I have been experiencing BSOD after computer goes into hibernation This is the only time I am getting that blue screen For some reason the pastt few days I did not get the blue screen but previously was getting it every time I left my computer for any length of time However the blue screen was there again this morning once again This computer is only a few months old It is an inexpensive desk computer Compag Presario AMD Athlon X e GB Dual Core Processor Hard Drive GB Optical Drive dVD CD Burner w LightScribe tech-laser etch silkscreen quality images onto dics Graphics NVIDIA GeForce SE Graphics This is the info on the blue screen Windows has encountered a problem and must shut down to prevent damage to your computer Under that it says DRIVER-POWER-STATE-FAILURE Technical info STOP OXOOOOOO f OXOOOOOO OXOOOOO OX AAD X COLLECTING DATA FOR CRASH DUMP BEGINNING DUMP OF PHYSICAL MEMORY DUMPING PHYSICAL MEMORY TO DISK PHYSICAL MEMORY DUMP COMPLETE All drivers check out ok everything checked out ok with Norton comprehensive scan HP Adivsor suggested I Reinstall Adobe Flash Player and download new Yahoo Messenger which I did After reinstalling the Yahoo Messenger the blue screen did not appear for a few days as I stated previously Now it is back once again I have Norton and have run comprehensive scans and all checks out ok Please help computer is less than a year old This problem began on and has been ongoing since Other than the mouse freezing and the blue screen it seems to be running ok with no other problems than the two stated Thanks When I reboot after getting the blue screen I get a box that says Windows Has Experienced an Unexpected Shutdown and these were the details given in the box Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode f BCP BCP Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown BCP C D BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp C Users Owner AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml C Users Owner AppData Local Temp WER C E tmp version txt Again sorry for reposting but I am so afraid of losing this computer and I could not afford another right now

A:BSOD & Mouse freezing!

After my computer goes into hibernation for a while I will get the Blue Screenof death. Also computer will not shut down on it's own most of the time.First thing to try is to reinstall the video driverCorrupt video drivers and standby/hibernate do not play nice with each other

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/271416/bsod-mouse-freezing/
Relevancy 44.29%

okay so sometimes when im listening to music or movies or anything
the cursor freezes for a second and the sound freezes and sound goes like ''TRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR''
im sorry thats the best way i cud describe it , i tried reinstalling windows it still didnt help , so plzz anyone out there , help!

A:sound and mouse freezing

Pertinent information on freezing.

Go to search type device manager and look for any yellow warning markers
Download and run malwarebytes, a full scan after you update
Run antivirus scan
Check memory with memtest86
Make sure that you are not over heating.
Try in safe mode; report back if it works properly.
Try a clean boot
Make sure PSU is working properly
If overclocking, restore to original
Test hard drive at company website.
Test in safe mode, does it still happen?

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic...ing-memtest86/
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
http://malwarebytes.org/
http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

Windows 7 or Vista Freezes Frequently

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/133708-sound-mouse-freezing.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I am a tech and this is very puzzling to me When starting a download the mouse cursor becomes very jerky and hard to use uncontrollable As Solved: Up Freezing Mouse soon as the download is completed the mouse acts normally again I am currently using Windows but this was happening under Vista as well I use a download manager quot IDM quot latest version Solved: Mouse Freezing Up I suspect a hardware issue with this computer but have never seen this before There is enough memory and a fairly fast processor There is no malware on this PC at all Hdd s are always defragged and the registry appears to be in good shape Clutter and junk are always cleaned out on a regular basis The CPU is AMD GHz Dual Core Memory is GB DDR Dual Channel Boot HDD GB IDE Second HDD GB IDE Any suggestions as to what to look for Oh The mouse is a Logitech Optical Type PS connection Thanx from very puzzled nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

I have a Thinkpad R31 with a 1.3 ghz Celeron processor/256MB RAM, which I've had for about a year. Recently I've been having problems with my USB mouse freezing for a few seconds at a time, and also with audio being stuck and acting wierd.

I went ahead and formatted my computer, since my Internet Explorer was pretty messed up and I had a couple of viruses. After formatting and reinstalling Windows XP, I am still having a problem with the mouse freezing, and with the audio. I bought a new USB mouse, so that's not the problem. I also updated the BIOS to the most recent version and that didn't
help.

I have more RAM on order, but I don't think that's the problem because it worked fine for months the way it is. Any suggestions?

A:Laptop Mouse Freezing

Try turning down the Hardware acceleration

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-mouse-freezing-46433.html
Relevancy 44.29%

A mate of mine has just given me a Packard Bell Argo C2 using vista home premium to play around with.

Unfort when it boots up and gets to password there is no use of the mouse or keyboard at all. Ive tried rebooting and starting in safe mode (where it works fine) till it gets back to the password screen again where it freezes up again. Ive tried using a external mouse but that doesnt work either!

Any ideas please????

A:Mouse and keboard freezing

Welcome
If it works in safe mode, it may work in clean boot
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...n-startup.html
If it does follow the instructions to find the cause.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/294007-mouse-keboard-freezing.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have been having a few problems lately My mouse freezes often requiring a restart Yesterday when it froze I had four instances of mmtask running when I hit Alt-ctrl-del Just now froze when I did that to see what currently is running Wow I got it [Resolved] freezing mouse back I ran norton and found nothing Spybot only finds a few cookies So I enclosed highjack this list hoping someone might find the cause Second problem may or may not be related I keep finding my default e-mail and a friends in the blocked senders list Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SE Win x A MSIE Internet Explorer v SP R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http home netscape com home winsearch html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www americasbest com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http home netscape com home winsearch html O - BHO no name [Resolved] mouse freezing - A -E CA- D - CD - D B - C PROGRAM FILES FLASHGET JCCATCH DLL O - BHO no name - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboForm dll O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACTIVEX ACROIEHELPER OCX O - HKLM Run Norton Auto-Protect C PROGRA NORTON NORTON NAVAPW EXE LOADQUIET O - HKLM Run RegProt c regprot regprot exe start O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry C WINDOWS scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM Run Norton eMail Protect C PROGRAM FILES NORTON SYSTEMWORKS NORTON ANTIVIRUS POProxy exe O - HKLM RunServices TrueVector C WINDOWS SYSTEM ZONELABS VSMON EXE -service O - HKCU Run D Clipboard C clipboard viewer d dClip exe O - Startup Taskmon lnk C WINDOWS TASKMON EXE O - Startup CapsLockOff lnk C unzipped CapsLockOff CapsLockOff exe O - Global Startup ZoneAlarm lnk C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zonealarm exe O - Extra context menu item amp Customize Menu - res C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboForm dll ComCustomIEMenu html O - Extra context menu item amp Fill Forms - res C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboForm dll ComFillForms html O - Extra context menu item amp Save Forms - res C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboForm dll ComSavePass html O - Extra context menu item Download using FlashGet - C PROGRAM FILES FLASHGET jc link htm O - Extra context menu item Download All by FlashGet - C PROGRAM FILES FLASHGET jc all htm O - Extra context menu item amp Check Spelling - res C PROGRAM FILES IESPELL IESPELL DLL SPELLCHECK HTM O - Extra context menu item amp ieSpell Options - res C PROGRAM FILES IESPELL IESPELL DLL SPELLOPTION HTM O - Extra button Real com HKLM O - Extra button Messenger HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem MSN Messenger Service HKLM O - Extra button RF Toolbar HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem amp Robo Toolbar HKLM O - Extra button Fill Forms HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem amp Fill Forms HKLM O - Extra button Save HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem amp Save Forms HKLM O - Extra button FlashGet HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem amp FlashGet HKLM O - Extra button Related HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Show amp Related Links HKLM O - Extra button ieSpell HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem ieSpell HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem ieSpell Options HKLM O - Extra button AIM HKLM O - Plugin for spop C PROGRA INTERN Plugins NPDocBox dll O - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - http download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs flash swflash cab O - DPF BF - ABB- D - - C F A Create and Print ActiveX Plug-in - http www americangreetings com cnp Install AxCtp cab O - DPF D B -FDDA- D -BFEC- D B EB B Yahoo Vision - http download yahoo com dl fv yv cab O - DPF B E -BAE - D -A B - B PWMediaSendControl Class - http code PWActiveXImgCtl CAB O - DPF E AB- E - D -B ED- CC A F VoilaXctl Class - http www belarc com Programs advisor exe O - DPF D D - - D -BDCD- C F A B HouseCall Control - http a g akamai net housecall antivirus com housecall xscan cab O - DPF B BCA- F C- CF- - Shockwave ActiveX Control - http download... Read more

Relevancy 44.29%

This is from a friends computer He is having the mouse and keyboard freeze constantly I had him install and run AVG since he was not using anything updated The problem persists I am not any kind of expert Keyboard Mouse freezing on these logs and any help is appreciated The problem also happens when booted into safe mode It seems to happen more frequently when signed onto the net Thanks in advance Also this may not be relevant but he was trying to send me the email of his log and the system froze He was able to send me the email a couple of minutes later During this minute time I received an email spoofed from myself with a Roadrunner deleted copy of quot Price zip quot attached Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows ME Win x MSIE Internet Explorer v Mouse Keyboard freezing SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM Mouse Keyboard freezing MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS SYSTEM SPOOL EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM STIMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM KB KB EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DEVLDR EXE C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DRIVERS KODAKCCS EXE C WINDOWS TASKMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES GRISOFT AVG FREE AVGCC EXE C PROGRAM FILES GRISOFT AVG FREE AVGEMC EXE C PROGRAM FILES GRISOFT AVG FREE AVGAMSVR EXE C PROGRAM FILES MOTIVE MOTMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXE C WINDOWS RUNDLL EXE C PROGRAM FILES MICROSOFT OFFICE OFFICE OSA EXE C WINDOWS DESKTOP HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www nfl com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO no name - CBF - F- CF - D D- B EE DF - C WINDOWS SYSTEM DDAO M DLL file Mouse Keyboard freezing missing O - BHO Control Popups in Internet Explorer - F B- CE- A -BE - ED D - C PROGRA POPUPP POPLIB DLL O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACTIVEX ACROIEHELPER DLL O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - HKLM Run KodakCCS C WINDOWS System Drivers KodakCCS exe O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry C WINDOWS scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM Run TaskMonitor C WINDOWS taskmon exe O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Portfolio C Program Files Microsoft Works WksSb exe AllUsers O - HKLM Run msci C WINDOWS TEMP mcinfo exe insfin O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA GRISOFT AVGFRE AVGCC EXE STARTUP O - HKLM Run AVG EMC C PROGRA GRISOFT AVGFRE AVGEMC EXE O - HKLM Run AVG AMSVR C PROGRA GRISOFT AVGFRE AVGAMSVR EXE O - HKLM Run MotiveMonitor C Program Files Motive motmon exe O - HKLM Run devldr exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM devldr exe O - HKLM RunServices StillImageMonitor C WINDOWS SYSTEM STIMON EXE O - HKLM RunServices KB C WINDOWS SYSTEM KB KB EXE O - HKCU Run MoneyAgent quot C Program Files Microsoft Money System Money Express exe quot O - HKCU Run OfotoNow USB Detection C WINDOWS RunDLL exe C PROGRA OFOTO OFOTONOW OFUSBS DLL WatchForConnection OfotoNow O - Startup Office Startup lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Startup PowerReg Scheduler exe O - Startup PowerReg Scheduler V exe O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel present O - Extra button no name - CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - no file O - Extra button Dell Home - DCFC C-B E - C- A -FC F B E - http www dellnet com file missing HKCU O - IERESET INF START PAGE URL http www dellnet com O - DPF A A - DA - DAF-B - F E E ActiveScan Installer Class - http www pandasoftware com activescan as asinst cab O - DPF F AB - BF - -B F-B AE FC Snapfish File Upload ActiveX Control - http www snapfish com SnapfishUpload cab O - DPF D D - - D -BDCD- C F A B HouseCall Control - http a g akamai net housecall trendmicro com housecall xscan cab nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

So I've recently gotten a computer which came with windows 10 pre-installed (cybertron comp). However I now have an issue where when I use use my headphones (Razer Kraken) my mouse ( Razer Deathadder) completely freezes. This occurs whenever these headphones (which are usb) are set as the default audio device and I can only regain control of my mouse by unplugging them. All other usb devices work properly and restarting does not help. Does anyone have a potential fix for this? Thank you.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/39539-mouse-freezing-issue.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I installed a NIC card into my system. When I plug the live cat5 cable into the NIC card, my mouse freezes. I believe this has something to do with the IRQ settings, but I'm not quite sure how to modify them to remove the conflict.

Please help...

Relevancy 44.29%

Hi all this is just a copy paste from Mouse freezing intermittently another forum but I haven t had much luck so far so i thought id try here My Razer Naga Mouse has started intermittently freezing This Mouse intermittently freezing occurs every - mins for a few seconds at a time also sometimes both my mouse and Mouse intermittently freezing keyboard rapidly turn on and off until i reboot when using my rear USB ports Other mice do not have this issue on my computer and my mouse doesn t have this issue on other computers and this problem is only recent and didnt occur when i first updated my OS OS Windows -Bit CPU Intel I GPU Nvidia GTX Ti RAM Gb DDR Mobo Asrock B Pro -M HDD TB Seagate Barracuda Things i have tried updating mouse drivers updating windows disable anti-virus uninstall Razer Synapse disable power saving mode in task manager contacting microsoft who blame razer contacting razer Mouse intermittently freezing who blame microsoft Things i havn t tried wiping my harddrive since i have no way of backing up Tb of stuff any help would be greatly appreciated even if its just figuring out what the issue actually is nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-intermittently-freezing.1163681/
Relevancy 44.29%

i am facing MOUSE FREEZING CURSOR mouse cursor freezing issue i have tried all means like changing operating system from XP to Windows bit pro den updating mouse drivers trying other usb mouse as wel as ps mouse den updating graphic card drivers n MOUSE CURSOR FREEZING nw i hav removed my graphic card yet i am facing freezing issue MY PC config - i - k DH Cl motherboard gb ddr ram gskill gt ddr mb graphic card watts corsair power supply NZXT cabinet logitech g gaming mouse n dis are newly assembled configuration just month MY previous PC config used for about years - core duo palit motherboard gb ram gt ddr mb graphic card iball cabinet logitech g gaming mouse BUT i dint faced any such issue with my old system Also u can see that graphic card amp mouse used in both the systems are same and updated till date yet i am facing freezing issue only on my new system and NOT on old system y so Please give some nice suggestion THANKS in advance

A:MOUSE CURSOR FREEZING

First things first. Did you run Microsoft's upgrade adviser before upgrading to Windows 7 on this computer?
Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor - Download - Microsoft Windows

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/mouse-cursor-freezing-656069.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi,
I've got a IBM PII-450 that I upgraded from Win98se to Win2000 Pro. I did all the windows updates and everything worked fine. I installed a DVD burner on it about two weeks ago and it seemed fine, but now after about 15 min. of running, if I go to surf or even when I'm using Word the mouse will stop working. Everything else works so I'm able to use keystrokes to move around to re-boot. I've tried two different mouse both PS/2 and Optical with the same results. If anyone have a clue and could help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

A:Help-Mouse freezing WIN-2000

I once had a similar problem, altho the mouse froze as soon as I installed win2k. There was a windows update that resolved the problem. Are you sure you got all the optional updates as well as the critical updates?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-mouse-freezing-win-2000.324392/