Windows Support Forum

HP Pavilion DV7 not wakening from sleep/hibernation

Q: HP Pavilion DV7 not wakening from sleep/hibernation

The past sleep/hibernation wakening from not HP Pavilion DV7 few days i have noticed that my HP Pavilion DV model c has HP Pavilion DV7 not wakening from sleep/hibernation not nbsp been able to wake up from sleep or hibernation nbsp Now before when things were running fine i would be HP Pavilion DV7 not wakening from sleep/hibernation able to move my mouse and or hit a button on my keyboard usually the down arrow button and my screen would awaken nbsp Now for some reason I have not been able to get my computer to awaken and it just sits there with a black screen on the laptop However while it sits there with a black screen the light around my mouse square and the light on the wifi key is on and everything looks fine but the computer will not awaken nbsp Now i have been doing google searches for ways to fix this and the link that keeps coming up is something like this http support hp com us-en document c nbsp Now that tutorial says to go to Device Manager - gt Keyboards - gt Standard PS Keybard and in the Power Management tab there is an option to click allow this device to awaken computer nbsp Now i am not sure if i need this since i was using my keyboard mouse to awaken my computer before but if you more knowledgeable people think i should be using something like that then I am at a lost because my computer does not have any of those options nbsp When i went into my device manager and my Standard PS Keyboard i do not have the Power Management Tab and i do not have HP Pavilion DV7 not wakening from sleep/hibernation the Confirm Changes option either nbsp Now i thought that this might be a driver issue since my Standard PS Keyboard driver is dated so old but when i went to my laptops driver page on HP's website the only option under keyboard and mouse was a Synaptic Touchpad Driver nbsp Here is the link i used to download that driver nbsp http h www hp com bizsupport TechSupport SoftwareIndex jsp lang en amp cc us amp prodNameId amp nbsp Now i thought by updating the driver that i might have the power management tab but when i went to install the Syanpitc Touchpad Driver i don't believe it would install correctly It would show the application installing the files then i would get a pop up saying ERROR the driver installed correctly and completely If you wish to reinstall the old driver you can go to add and remove and remove Syanptic Pointing Device or something along those lines nbsp Now if you believe by updating my Standard PS Keyboard driver i might be able to fix this issue i am having with Hibernation Sleep mode then can someone tell me where to get the driver for my laptops keyboard nbsp Well i am really hoping that someone here can help me out with this issue i am having nbsp Oh by the way where is the sleep button on my laptops keyboard i have no idea nbsp I thank you all for your time and your assistance nbsp -gh st-HP

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: HP Pavilion DV7 not wakening from sleep/hibernation

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: HP Pavilion DV7 not wakening from sleep/hibernation

What is the product number? Just to note, the keyboard drive is provided by Microsoft and is standard for it to be that old as keyboard technology has not changed drastically in recent years. The only way to update the keyboard driver is to right-click it in device manager and select update driver. This will force the system to reach out to Windows Update and check for a new driver. More than likely, there isn't a new driver. Since you are getting activity, such as the light on the mouse, I doubt it is related to the wake setting in device manager. How long has this been an issue? If it is a recent issue, have you tried a Microsoft System Restore?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Pavilion-DV7-not-wakening-from-sleep-hibernation/td-p/2823815
Relevancy 96.1%

I to can not wake from hibernation. The system actually powers up to the HP logo then hangs. If I choose the BIOS setup it acknowledges the choice but fails to proceed.  Yhe power button will shut down the unit.

Annoying resolution: power off by pressing the power button, remove the adapter and the battery, re-install the battery and power on is successful?

Win 10 and an ADATA SSD. Seems to have started after a WIN10.? update.

John

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Pavilion-DV7-not-wakening-from-sleep-hibernation/td-p/5604399
Relevancy 80.41%

G4 suddenly goes into to sleep/hibernation mode while I am working on it.  Thought it might be linked to the display but it seems to just happen at anytime without warning.  /sometimes it will start back uop by hitting enter, other times I have to press the power button ot get it going again.  It happens about all the time.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Pavilion-G4-unexpectedly-goes-into-sleep-hibernation-mode/td-p/5800435
Relevancy 76.97%
Relevancy 75.25%

I've had my CG5270 for about 1.5 years. In that time, I've never been problem free. I even sent it to them for service under my warranty and they sent it back in worse shape (one of the fans is loose) and only reinstalled the OS and updated BIOS (something I've done from home numerous times). I refused to send it back after they told me I'd have to pay for shipping to return it to them to fix what they did wrong.

So...I still have consistent BSOD when I bring it up from sleep. Yesterday, when it happened, I could not log into windows as it would say "the specified file cannot be found". I had to recover and reinstall windows 7 completely, losing everything.

I've been told it is probably a problem with my ram and/or my video card. I've included the BSOD report, at least I think I did it correctly. Please help!

A:BSOD often with ASUS computer when wakening from sleep

This version of this driver ASACPI.sys is a known BSOD cause.

Go to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers and rename ASACPI.sys to ASACPI.old.

Code:
ASACPI.sys fffff880`03ea5000 fffff880`03ead000 0x00008000 0x4546b048 31/10/2006 06:09:12

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/132872-bsod-often-asus-computer-when-wakening-sleep.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello all,

I've set my external monitor as primary because the laptop screen is broken, via Q&A: How do I make an external monitor my laptop's primary display?.

However, when waking from Sleep the primary display is switched to the broken laptop screen instead of the external. If I hit Window+P on my external wireless keyboard, I am able to select the external monitor and then it will come on, most of the time.

Is there a way to set the external monitor as the primary after sleeping? Perhaps a third-party program or registry tweak? I've googled around and searched this forum, but have not had much luck. All drivers are up-to-date

I found this forum post which looks promising, but not sure if the solution proposed is applicable to my case.

Thank you.

Laptop: HP Pavillion G6-1d60US
Monitor: Viewsonic VX900

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/389455-set-external-monitor-laptop-s-primary-display-when-sleep-wakening.html
Relevancy 63.64%

My wife Sleep / Vista Problems Hybrid / Sleep Hibernation s computer has been displaying an error ever since I enabled Hybrid Sleep amp Hibernation on her computer Dell Vista Hibernation / Hybrid Sleep / Sleep Problems Vostro Vista Business SP - Bit Intel T GB RAM I created a customized power setting for her that did the following when operating under batteries Shuts down monitor after minutes Shuts down HDD after minutes In advances the relevant I think settings are Sleep after - minutes Allow Hybrid Sleep - yes on battery Hybernate After - minutes on battery When she shuts off the computer by closing the lid the computer goes to sleep no problem If you turn it back on within hours no problem However if you turn it on after the Vista Hibernation / Hybrid Sleep / Sleep Problems minutes she gets a message that quot Windows has recovered from a serious start up error quot That being said we have not found any ill-effects after acknowledging the message I have also attached a screen shot a details from the event viewer that captured each time it has happened In the interim I have disabled Hybrid Sleep but left the hibernation on after minutes I set the computer Vista Hibernation / Hybrid Sleep / Sleep Problems to hibernate and it restarted with no error messages Any thoughts as to the cause of this Is the solution a simple OS bug and I should simply leave Hybrid Sleep off Any help would be appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-hibernation-hybrid-sleep-sleep-problems.789274/
Relevancy 58.05%

Recently bought a HP Pavilion a n HP Pavilion in Hibernation with GHz Intel Pentium MB DDR SDRAM GB Hard Disk Windows XP Home Edition coupled to a HP Pavilion quot Flat LCD Monitor Unfortunately I seem to have developed a common HP problem where HP Pavilion in Hibernation the computer will not wake from the sleep mode The keyboard and mouse will not input and cycling power to the monitor wakes the screen to the quot Going to Sleep quot display then the monitor powers down After cycling power to the CPU even removing all power and cables the computer powers up to the quot Going to Sleep quot display and then the monitor powers down again Video cable and pins look good and undamaged and the boot up doesn t sound or look normal Took it into to a local shop where they said the NORTON load was corrupted and reloaded and then installed Windows SP Back home same thing Believe this is some problem inside of BIOS but don t know how to get at it or fix Any assistance before I take my aggression out on the hardware would be much appreciated nbsp

A:HP Pavilion in Hibernation

Try "Flashing" your BIOS...

Look for the little battery you will find in a corner of your motherboard...(it's round and silver most of the time)

Pop it out and wait anywhere from 15 minutes to 24 hours...your choice.

Also, go ahead and disconnect trhe power from the motherboard itself.

After your dersired time has expired, replace the battery and the power to the motherboard and restart your computer.

The BIOS should be reset to the factory defaults. Reboot your computer and try everything again.

Let us know how it goes!

Ryan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-in-hibernation.275552/
Relevancy 58.05%

I recently bought an HP Pavilion used. Here's the problem. The battery was getting ready to expire and then the computer went into "hibernation" mode. After plugging in the charger to recharge the battery and turning the computer on manually I encountered the following: The screen does not come on at all, but the computer "acts" like it's trying to start? The keyboard lights come on and I can hear the the fan start. After a few seconds it "restarts" itself and repeats this over and over. The screen never comes on through all this? Any suggestions? HELP!!! Thanks for all your replies

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-hibernation-then.150320/
Relevancy 57.62%

well i have a laptop (feel free to look at the specs) and i usually do hibernation to let my laptop rest to go do something and then i also see "sleep" mode right above the hibernation...what is the difference and which is better that loads up to my desktop faster and back to action? (meaning i be back to do what i uaually wanna do with my laptop like youtube or emails and that).

what do you guys think? thanks

A:Hibernation vs Sleep?

A major difference between sleep and hibernate is power consumption....
Understanding Sleep and Hibernate Power Settings on Your Computer
WikiAnswers - What is the difference between Hibernate and Standby in Windows
What is the Differences Between Sleep (Standby) and Hibernate in Vista My Digital Life

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/64983-hibernation-vs-sleep.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I forgot to turn off the hibernation / sleep in windows 7 and forgot to safely remove the external 3.5 desktop hard drives from it. I think my external drives need safely remove

The computer had gone into sleep and then it powered up suddenly when I pressed a key on keyboard
will this cause any bad to my hard drives and the precious data? thanks

No transferring of the data between hard drives before I was away from the computer, but I think my external drives require safely remove in which I didn't do and every thing powered up suddenly when i came back and hit the keyboard, i don't feel good

A:Hibernation or sleep?

Normally I would always use safely remove hardware. But if you wern't coping any files to or from it, it should be fine. Nothing should really happen to it. You could get a lose of data if you were coping files to it. But since you wern't everything should be ok.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/283204-hibernation-sleep.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi all I am running 8.1 and am trying to backup my hard drive but after so long the screen goes black and stops the backup,
also I have move the mouse to get my log in screen which I do . It then carries on from where it stopped.
I tried extending the screen saver but that doesn't make any different so what can it be?? is it sleep mode or hibernation.
if so could you tell me how to switch them off please!!!!.
Len

A:how to turn off Hibernation/Sleep

Keep it powered up, go into power settings and set to not allow it to go to sleep when plugged in, same as not letting hard drive shutting down. As for shutting off Hibernate, which will also disable Fast Boot. Open up a Command Window in Desktop, Windows key + "X" and choose "Command Prompt (Admin)". Then enter Powercfg /h off

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/67241-how-turn-off-hibernation-sleep.html
Relevancy 56.76%

when ever i sleep or hibernate my dell inspiron pc it hangs black screen with very little hdd activity and remains so until i forcibly shutdown by pressing power button.Ater reboot i am able to go to sleep or hibernation but after a continuous operation of more than 30mins this error occurs.updated all drivers i could find. I recently formatted the pc three times and using latest win 7 image from digital river with all win 7 updates installed with sp1.i have kis 2013 security suite all updated.Please help.
Memory diagnostics result all pass.
SFC scannow did'nt find integrate voilation
After leaving it for sometime like this a bosd occurs ,I have attached data collected by sfdiagnostic tool.
Please help.

A:BOSD when i try to put my pc into sleep or hibernation

Hi.

Is the system under its warranty?
How old is it?
Have you recently made any hardware changes?

Remove the Kaspersky suite for troubleshooting purpose: Removal tool for Kaspersky Lab products
Use MSE: Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows

On your other thread I saw that Gregrocker has suggested you to uninstall Tuneup Utility which you haven't.

System Optimisers

Please remove the following software;

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\TuneUp Utilities 2013 Public:Start Menu\Programs\TuneUp Utilities 2013 Public
Start Menu\Programs\TuneUp Utilities 2013\All functions Public:Start Menu\Programs\TuneUp Utilities 2013\All functions Public

This software is a known cause of BSOD's. The windows 7 operating system does not require these registry cleaning software. They often tune-down rather than tune-up and can wreck the OS beyond repair. Microsoft have improved Windows 7 significantly and it is much better at organising and optimising itself than its predecessors. Check this, this and this thread for evidence.

If you feel the need to use a registry cleaning or optimisation software, most of us recommend the use of CCleaner but make sure you back up the registry before making letting ccleaner delete anything.

Please uninstall the following programs as well:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\Acronis Public:Start Menu\Programs\Acronis Public
Start Menu\Programs\Acronis\Acronis True Image Home 2011 Public:Start Menu\Programs\Acronis\Acronis True Image Home 2011 Public
Start Menu\Programs\Acronis\Acronis True Image Home 2011\Tools and Utilities Public:Start Menu\Programs\Acronis\Acronis True Image Home 2011\Tools and Utilities Public
Start Menu\Programs\Acronis\Plus Pack for Acronis True Image Home 2011 Public:Start Menu\Programs\Acronis\Plus Pack for Acronis True Image Home 2011 Public
Start Menu\Programs\Paragon Hard Disk Manager™ 12 Server Public:Start Menu\Programs\Paragon Hard Disk Manager™ 12 Server Public

Uninstall them using Revo uninstaller in Advanced Mode. (Clear leftover registry after removal)

Perform a System File Check:Click on the start
Type CMD on Search
Left click and Run as Administrator
Type SFC /scannow
Full tutorial here:SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Disk Check on your hard drive for file system errors and bad sectors on it:Disk Check

Code:
!irp fffffa8009bdebe0
Irp is active with 5 stacks 3 is current (= 0xfffffa8009bded40)
No Mdl: No System Buffer: Thread 00000000: Irp stack trace.
cmd flg cl Device File Completion-Context
[ 0, 0] 0 0 00000000 00000000 00000000-00000000

Args: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
[ 0, 0] 0 0 00000000 00000000 00000000-00000000

>[ 16, 2] 0 0 fffffa8006cf4050 00000000 00000000-00000000
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\bcmwl664.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for bcmwl664.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for bcmwl664.sys
\Driver\BCM43XX
Args: 00015500 00000000 00000005 00000003
[ 16, 2] 0 e1 fffffa8006cb6c70 00000000 fffff80002f18200-fffffa80087c8eb0 Success Error Cancel pending
\Driver\vwifibus nt!PopSystemIrpCompletion
[ 0, 0] 0 0 00000000 00000000 00000000-fffffa80087c8eb0

0: kd> lmvm bcmwl664
start end module name
fffff880`0586b000 fffff880`05b5b000 bcmwl664 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: bcmwl664.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\bcmwl664.sys
Image name: bcmwl664.sys
Timestamp: Sat May 08 05:59:43 2010 (4BE4A96F)
CheckSum: 002F8E9E
ImageSize: 002F0000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Update this driver: bcmwl664.sys

METHOD

Quote:
Click on the Start ► Control Panel ►... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/270713-bosd-when-i-try-put-my-pc-into-sleep-hibernation.html
Relevancy 56.76%

would ether prevent a thunder storm from screwing up my mobo
R is powering off the pc better then both to prevent it R unplugging it

A:Sleep and hibernation question

Do you have it connected to a surge protector ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/217385-sleep-hibernation-question.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Ever since first installing Windows I have experienced problems with both the Sleep and Hibernation modes Having configured the the settings for these uncder Control Panel Power options Advanced settings it eems that these two modes then operate at the time intervals which have been configured However if I select Sleep from the Shut Down menu in order to introduce either mode immediately the display shuts down but re -appears within a Sleep modes Hibernation & matter of a few seconds If the Hibernate option is selected again the display closes bt Sleep & Hibernation modes within seconds the computer re-boots I have many endeavours to correct this all without success The properties Sleep & Hibernation modes of the mouse in Device Manager reveal this is the only device where the power mangemeent tab is enabled This is confirmed on running at he Command Prompt run as an Administrator the command poewercfg -devicequery wake -armed Neither does the command powerfg -last wake reveal the source of ths involuntary waking or re-booting I would add that having also run the command powercfg -a this reveals that quot the following states are available on this system Standby S Hibernate ie Hybrid Sleep quot Reference to the bios settings also confirm that S is enabled Having re-configured the power options to Sleep and Hibernate as NEVER and permitting Hybrid Sleep the hibernate option disappears from the Shut Down menu As a consequence of this on selecting sleep assumed to be hybrid sleep from this menu the display shuts down but now re-appears ater a second interval Any suggestion for remedying this problem would be very welcome I have assumed that Hybrid Sleep mode supplants both Sleep and Hibernation modes but under the re-configuration referred to in the last paragraph I would like this to be immediately effective on selecting Sleep from the Shut Down menu

A:Sleep & Hibernation modes

Does the computer wake up in 30 sec when it is shut down from the power plan? In other words, does the wake-up only happen when you manually sleep from the start menu?

I have had troubles like that before when my wireless adapter was allowed to wake my computer. Make sure that is disabled. It should look like this when you are done:

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/66696-sleep-hibernation-modes.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello,

I am running the 32bit version of Vista and am using Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers. There is a known issue with the sound not working after resuming from sleep or hibernation.

Microsoft has a hotfix on their website for this very issue (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937077/).

Only thing is, when I download the hotfix, I am told it does not apply to my system. I made sure I downloaded the 32bit version and I am running the latest version of Realtek drivers.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can apply this fix or any other solutions to my problem?

Thanks for the help in advance,
Will

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/odd-sleep-hibernation-problems.626338/
Relevancy 56.76%

I upgraded my laptop with a 250GB Samsung SSD EVO. I reinstalled the operating system with the parameter of the bios AHCI active, and when the computer goes into Hibernation crashes with the error 0x000000B8.

Thanks in advance

A:BSoD when go to sleep or hibernation

Hi perritos.

The BSODs are caused by StoneGate IPsec VPN Driver (c:\windows\system32\drivers\sgravpn.sys)

Code:
BugCheck 100000B8, {fffffa8034e02b50, fffffa800aef9060, 0, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for sgravpn.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for sgravpn.sys
Probably caused by : sgravpn.sys ( sgravpn+1e14 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
And the driver is old.

Code:
fffff880`0304a000 fffff880`030cc000 sgravpn T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: sgravpn.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\sgravpn.sys
Image name: sgravpn.sys
Timestamp: Fri Sep 10 20:13:55 2010 (4C8A442B)
CheckSum: 00084389
ImageSize: 00082000
You may search for possible updates in McAfee | Support. But if still the issue is continue to occur (there is a fair chance), better you uninstall the program; as you have other VPN clients installed already.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/326322-bsod-when-go-sleep-hibernation.html
Relevancy 56.76%

So I would like a list of the pros and cons of each way of "turning off" my Vista Laptop (Thought that is a definately important factor).

So I been always using shutdown as I found it was good to save power and keep the memory fresh each time at the cost of a little more time to start up.

So what would be the pros and cons of the 3 (Generally speaking)

A:Sleep vs Shutdown vs Hibernation

Welcome
With credit to Notebook Review

Hibernate takes a snapshot of everything you got on RAM (including any windows and apps running) and saves it to a special hard disk file and then shuts the computer down, when you resume from hibernation the computer boots a bit faster than a normal power up bootup. This method does not consume any power while the computer is off.

Uses: When you are not going to use the computer for a few hours or more.

Sleep, basically shuts your computer down except some components like RAM, so the next time you resume, it will boot almost in an instant. However, this method consumes battery power.

Uses: When you are just leaving the computer for a few minutes or hours, like at lunchtime or something like that.
End of quote from NoteBook Review

That being said, boot the computer at least once a week, to correct corruption etc.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/291000-sleep-vs-shutdown-vs-hibernation.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello everyone,

Recently my Lenovo T431s running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit started running into BSOD almost everytime I put it to sleep. Usually it goes to sleep, but when I get back it is already running and sometimes will show the BSOD and sometimes will just show a blank screen.

I already researched similar issues and tried a few approaches, but to no success.

I have uploaded the information generated from the DM Log Collector. Please let me know if you need any other information.

Thank you very much in advance!

A:BSOD after sleep or hibernation

Hello folks, sorry to bump this thread, but I was just wondering if someone could help me?

Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/375686-bsod-after-sleep-hibernation.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have installed a new version of win 7 and my PC is not sleeping/hibernating more than a few seconds before waking up again.
I have to change the BIOS settings for the keyboard & mouse, I have unplugged them immediately after putting my pc to sleep and it still wakes up.
What can I do?

A:Sleep/Hibernation Problem

Quote: Originally Posted by IDontHack

I have installed a new version of win 7 and my PC is not sleeping/hibernating more than a few seconds before waking up again.
I have to change the BIOS settings for the keyboard & mouse, I have unplugged them immediately after putting my pc to sleep and it still wakes up.
What can I do?

Welcome idonthack to the windows 7 forum.,

You might check to see if your ethernet card is set to wake on lan. in the devices, properties of your ethernet adapter, either wireless or wired. One could be set to wake on lan activity and most lans do a lot of activity.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/248535-sleep-hibernation-problem.html
Relevancy 56.76%

My computer is running Windows Ultimate 64 bit edition.
When awaking form sleep mode, I get a BSOD.
As instructed, I am attaching the compressed file.
Any and all help will be appreciated!

A:BSOD after sleep/hibernation

Hello,
Start off by remove Hotspot Shield as the dump blames them. You can install when we are done troubleshooting.

Then update these drivers.

Quote:
adfs.SYS Fri Jun 27 08:52:37 2008
Remove all Adobe Software and then install the latest version from Adobe

ckldrv.sys Tue Mar 18 05:46:29 2008
Update CrypKey software - if no update available - uninstall it.

ctac32k.sys Wed Jul 02 20:38:22 2008
Creative Audio Driver

regi.sys Tue Apr 17 03:19:10 2007
InterVideo

RimSerial_AMD64.sys Tue Nov 25 06:01:01 2008
Virtual Serial Port Driver for Blackberry

Regards...

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck C2, {7, 1097, 444000d, fffffa8005c3bbd0}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\HssDrv.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for HssDrv.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for HssDrv.sys
GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800032b90e0
Probably caused by : HssDrv.sys ( HssDrv+2bac )

---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BAD_POOL_CALLER (c2)
The current thread is making a bad pool request. Typically this is at a bad IRQL level or double freeing the same allocation, etc.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000007, Attempt to free pool which was already freed
Arg2: 0000000000001097, (reserved)
Arg3: 000000000444000d, Memory contents of the pool block
Arg4: fffffa8005c3bbd0, Address of the block of pool being deallocated

Debugging Details:
------------------
POOL_ADDRESS: fffffa8005c3bbd0

FREED_POOL_TAG: aPmI

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xc2_7_aPmI

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff800031b460e to fffff80003081740

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`033cb6d8 fffff800`031b460e : 00000000`000000c2 00000000`00000007 00000000`00001097 00000000`0444000d : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`033cb6e0 fffff880`016ed695 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`6370444e 00000000`00000000 : nt!ExDeferredFreePool+0x11eb
fffff880`033cb790 fffff880`04f29bac : fffff880`033cb9d0 fffffa80`059972a8 fffffa80`059972a8 fffffa80`059972a8 : ndis!NdisFreeMemory+0x15
fffff880`033cb7c0 fffff880`033cb9d0 : fffffa80`059972a8 fffffa80`059972a8 fffffa80`059972a8 fffff880`04f33100 : HssDrv+0x2bac
fffff880`033cb7c8 fffffa80`059972a8 : fffffa80`059972a8 fffffa80`059972a8 fffff880`04f33100 00000000`00000004 : 0xfffff880`033cb9d0
fffff880`033cb7d0 fffffa80`059972a8 : fffffa80`059972a8 fffff880`04f33100 00000000`00000004 fffffa80`059c9d00 : 0xfffffa80`059972a8
fffff880`033cb7d8 fffffa80`059972a8 : fffff880`04f33100 00000000`00000004 fffffa80`059c9d00 fffffa80`05c3bbd0 : 0xfffffa80`059972a8
fffff880`033cb7e0 fffff880`04f33100 : 00000000`00000004 fffffa80`059c9d00 fffffa80`05c3bbd0 fffffa80`059972a8 : 0xfffffa80`059972a8
fffff880`033cb7e8 00000000`00000004 : fffffa80`059c9d00 fffffa80`05c3bbd0 fffffa80`059972a8 fffffa80`00000000 : HssDrv+0xc100
fffff880`033cb7f0 fffffa80`059c9d00 : fffffa80`05c3bbd0 fffffa80`059972a8 fffffa80`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0x4
fffff880`033cb7f8 fffffa80`05c3bbd0 : fffffa80`059972a8 fffffa80`00000000 00000000`00000... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/145694-bsod-after-sleep-hibernation.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I continue Hibernation,Standby and again ---- Sleep to be Hibernation,Standby and Sleep ---- again a bit confused about this topic The Shutdown Gadget from Gadgets which I have on my desktop has a button called Standby which I am told based on the description I have given in the past is actually not taking my Tablet into Standby Sleep but into Hibernation nbsp Yet it has another button called Hibernation ---- which unfortunately like the Standby button also has not worked for some time despite re-installing so I am unable to check now on what it does nbsp I am hoping to contact the publisher to see if I can get the buttons working again For the time being I use other ways of shutting down usually from the menu displayed by right-clicking on the Start button Hibernation does not appear in any other menu apart from the Gadget In Search I get results for Sleep which include links for the Tablet s settings for Sleep as well as below the line articles on Sleep but if I search for Hibernation or Standby I get only below the line articles on the terms I do not get any links to actual settings on the Tablet for either Hibernation or Standby I adjusted the Power Settings when I first had the Tablet a few months ago nbsp I did not set it to Hibernate only to Sleep after a period of inactivity I was not aware until recently that my Tablet had been going into Hibernation rather than Sleep when I clicked the Gadget Standby button nbsp I tend to just use either Sleep or Shutdown Does any of this nbsp this make sense Clayto

A:Hibernation,Standby and Sleep ---- again

Why did you install a Shutdown Gadget (from 8 Gadgets)?  If you open Control Panel, Power Options, you can configure your power options.  I see no need for a Shutdown Gadget (from 8 Gadgets). 

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,150509.0.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and was hoping you all could help me with a problem I have had for a while.

Essentially, my computer blue screens during sleep and then shuts down. Most of the time it is related to something called "Driver State Power Failure." I suspect it is related to my display driver, but I recently uninstalled that, and used windows update to reinstall it, and I am still having the same issue.

I hope I followed all the directions correctly - I ran SF Diagnostic Tool, created a folder, zipped that, and uploaded it to this thread.

Any help you all can provide would be much appreciated!!

A:BSOD During Sleep/Hibernation

Caused by the WLAN driver:
802.11 USB Wireless LAN Card
fffff880`0282a000 fffff880`02937000 netr28ux Tue Sep 15 06:36:45 2009 (4AAF19DD)

These drivers are quite old and need updating:
ATI PCI Express (3GIO) Filter
fffff880`019da000 fffff880`019e2000 AtiPcie Mon Nov 06 17:59:54 2006 (454F6A0A)

Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader
fffff880`0298b000 fffff880`0299f000 RTSTOR64 Thu Jun 05 13:21:42 2008 (4847CC46)

Realtek High Definition Audio
fffff880`05c29000 fffff880`05de4d80 RTKVHD64 Mon Jul 06 11:18:54 2009 (4A51C17E)

Marvell Yukon 88E8071 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller
fffff880`0447b000 fffff880`044e0000 yk62x64 Mon Sep 28 10:19:31 2009 (4AC07193)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/259319-bsod-during-sleep-hibernation.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Yes, I have all the power settings set to stay active, but the computer goes into sleep or hibernation (I do not know which) after being idle for around 20 minutes.

A:Computer goes into sleep or hibernation whenever idle

Hi socklosk,

In the power options, have you clicked "Change settings that are currently unavailable"?

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/34973-computer-goes-into-sleep-hibernation-whenever-idle.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi! I have already tried to solve this problem throw cmd, writing powercfg.exe/hibernate on, but it says that there is a problem with a controler, VgaSave. I already uninstalled the old version, and I´m trying to install the new one... but the inhabiliation to hibernate is still there... Help!!!! Thanks!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-hibernation-and-sleep-mode.1077280/
Relevancy 56.33%

Yes indeed the famous sleep problem that everyone seems to still have I have searched high Sleep, & Management Hibernation Power and low for other users with the same problem as I do and did not get anywhere I have a HP Pavillion M N for those who care to know with only one addition to it being a M-Audio Delta sound card for Sound recording purposes My problem is that when the computer Sleep, Hibernation & Power Management goes on sleep mode S it hangs untill it finaly reboots and brings up an error in windows In other words I can never have the computer in sleep mode or hibernation for that matter Since I did not find any information to help in this process I started to look deeper to the problem and I found a temporary solution I followed Step in the terrific instruction bellow Power Options and Sleep Mode Problems Doing so I caught that HD Audio Control Panel RtHDVCpl Sleep, Hibernation & Power Management exe was preventing my PC to go into sleep mode Now I can go in sleep mode but I lost the ability to control my sound input output that I kinda liked with Realtek I tried to uninstall Realtek HD Audio Manager and install the latest version but with no better results Reason for this post is one for anyone to use in case disabling Realtek HD Audio Control Panel can do the trick to fix your problem And second to request help or comments to fix mine Sorry about the lenght of my storry Great Forum by the way For lack of better words I used the terms that I knew as I'm what they consider a French guy hehe

A:Sleep, Hibernation & Power Management

Thanks for your input. Will look for a solution.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/265896-sleep-hibernation-power-management.html
Relevancy 56.33%

my computer frezzes when i put it to sleep or hibernate

A:Windows 7 Sleep/ Hibernation issues

Even though you're not having BSOD's, please provide the information from this post: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-sleep-hibernation-issues-520714.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Machine: HP ProBook 640 G1

Example here:

Bug Check String : DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
Bug Check Code : 0x0000009f
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000003
Parameter 2 : fffffa80`04751060
Parameter 3 : fffff800`00b9e3d8
Parameter 4 : fffffa80`0a17f330
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+72a40
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft? Windows? Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7601.18798 (win7sp1_gdr.150316-1654)
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+72a40

Any help with identifying the cause would be much appreciated!

A:BSOD When machine goes to sleep/hibernation

I am getting the same thing for a number of my end users. It seems to happen when they lock their computer while on a docking station, close the lid, undock and then go to another area in the building. When opening the lid they either receive the same BSOD or the lock screen. However, when they click CTRL+ALT+Delete all they then see is the Cancel button.

I am testing the newest Intel Graphics driver 10.18.14.4139 along with the newest BIOS 1.33. If it works I will let you know.

Thanks,

Tucker

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/379055-bsod-when-machine-goes-sleep-hibernation.html
Relevancy 56.33%

My machine comes out of Hibernation or sleep because of a program routine called by Norton's latest botched update Event viewer says WakeSourceText Task Scheduler will execute ' Remediation AntimalwareMigrationTask' task I have multiple entries that all started when Norton sent me an quot upgrade quot that I didn't ask for They also took away the ability to BLOCK ALL NETWORK TRAFFIC as a feature of the firewall Might be fine for those that don't use it but I did on occasion How to stop this Remediation AntimalwareMigration Task from running I am told this is to accommodate Win and there is an alleged fix for it from Norton but I can't get it it won't start to d l or my Norton of out sleep Hibernation to causes computer come when I click on it and I can't find it anywhere else Other than removing all vestiges of Norton and putting something else in it's place what can I do to keep the machine on standby without it waking up and shutting down every hours or so Only Norton causes my computer to come out of Hibernation or sleep way I see it is to shut the machine down entirely THEN it doesn't wake up OR switch over to my Linux Partition and use my version of Rafaela Norton can't touch that one I was told to go to this site and get the 'fix' https support norton com sp en us rProfile en us Sadly that FTP site doesn't work for either file available there

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/380216-norton-causes-my-computer-come-out-hibernation-sleep.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Most of the time this happens. Sometimes it's fine for a week or so. It seemed to start after updating my logitec drivers. The BSOD shows KS.SYS as an offending file.

A:BSOD when recovering from sleep or hibernation

Enable Driver Verifier to monitor the drivers.
Driver Verifier -Enable and Disable
Run Driver Verifier for 24 hours or the occurrence of the next crash, whichever is earlier.

Information

Why Driver Verifier:
It puts a stress on the drivers, ans so it makes the unstable drivers crash. Hopefully the driver that crashes is recorded in the memory dump.

How Can we know that DV is enabled:
It will make the system bit of slow, laggy.

Warning

Before enabling DV, make it sure that you have earlier System restore points made in your computer. You can check it easily by using CCleaner looking at Tools > System Restore.

If there is no points, make a System Restore Point Manually before enabling DV.

Tip
If you fail to get on the Desktop because of DV, Boot into Advanced Boot Options > Safe mode. Disable DV there. Now boot normally again, and try following the instruction of enabling DV again.
If you cannot boot in Safe mode too, do a System Restore to a point you made earlier.

Let us know the results, with the subsequent crash dumps, if any.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/329930-bsod-when-recovering-sleep-hibernation.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi all I m using an hp pavilion dv us laptop running Windows XP Professional The issue I m seeing is that upon startup I can t start any programs that use RUNDLL EXE for about Startup/hibernation/sleep Problems - minutes I ll get into this in a minute Also I can hibernate or sleep exactly twice before hibernation sleep will simply fail upon entry once I enter the mode the screen goes black and all of a sudden I pop back to Windows with the message quot Failed to enter Standby quot or quot Failed to hibernate quot I ve tried turning off all the programs that might be keeping Windows from entering standby hibernate but to no avail The rundll problem is more bizarre and more annoying I Startup/hibernation/sleep Problems start up my computer and everything seems normal but if I start a program like Safari or I double click on my battery or try to open Sound Manager nothing Startup/hibernation/sleep Problems happens I can try over and over and some programs work like Firefox Evernote notepad etc but others simply do nothing I also have internet access but my Startup/hibernation/sleep Problems network icons don t appear in the system tray Then about - minutes later everything I tried to do appears all at once the network icons appear in the tray and everything is back to normal after a spastic explosion of queued activity I ve really never seen anything like this Here s what I tried so far - Ran SFC to ensure I had genuine uncorrupted Windows system files- Got a clean bill of health from the Spyware section I was tested and found clean of spyware malware rootkits virii etc -- a huge thanks to Grinler for all the help - Updated all my drivers to the latest versions from hp com- Uninstalled all unnecessary programs- Cleaned up my startup and services running via MSCONFIG- Flashed my BIOS to the newest editionI am running AVG Anti-Virus AdAware SE Spybot and I have a hardware firewall I don t do anything stupid with my computer and I use Firefox with NoScript etc If anyone has ever seen anything like this any information would be hugely appreciated I ve had this computer for about years and I ve finally customized it to my liking so I would hate to have to re-do all that work with a full HDD wipe Thanks again

A:Startup/hibernation/sleep Problems

While I haven't seen this exact problem, I have had problems with drivers from HP (and from Microsoft). I'd suggest downloading the most current video drivers from the manufacturer of your video chipset (I presume that yours uses the Intel graphics chipset), then uninstall the HP drivers and install the Intel drivers. Often the computer manufacturer's add "features" that just aren't (IMO) needed and also cause issues with the drivers themselves.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/111134/startuphibernationsleep-problems/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi, i am completely new to this forum so please excuse my errors. I would like to get my problem fixed and then i would like to consider contributing too. anyway ive had my hp laptop (Touch Screen running windows 8) and it seems to give me a blue screen of death every time it wakes up including just shutting the screen. in the past i have updated drivers, updated to windows 8.1, and installed the factory image. none seem to quite solve the problem. the typical error message is "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (iaStorA.sys)". but sometimes it is different. I have attached the export from dm log collector and i believe it is in the right format. thanks in advanced

I also attached the new log file you requested

A:BSOD after sleep, hibernation, and sometimes boot

Sorry for the delay in responding. There just aren't that many people who do BSOD analysis, so at times we get a bit overwhelmed!

Do your still need help with this problem?
I will be notified if you reply to this topic and will respond within 48 hours.

While waiting:
- get ALL available Windows Updates. It may take several trips to get them all.
- get ALL available HP updates. Use the HP Support Assistant to get them all.
- try these free diagnostics: Hardware Diagnostics

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/47354-bsod-after-sleep-hibernation-sometimes-boot.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I hope I am in the right area if not please redirect My PC is a selfbuilt Op System Win bit Mother Board Asus P Q Pro CPU Intel Core Duo E Video Card Asus nvidia in Stuck mode sleep/hibernation ENGTS G dark knight Power Supply Zalman Watt dual heatpipe cooled Memory sticks of OCZ Gig Harddrive Seagate G Sata Here is my pc issue Yesterday I was on the pc every thing appereard to be normal I left for about to min upon return I noticed the pc was what looked like it was getting ready to go into sleep hibernation mode I left clicked my mouse which is the way I normally would wake the pc up nothing Stuck in sleep/hibernation mode happened I hit several different keys on the key board then tried a restart nothing worked pc returned to its state it was in Description Stuck in sleep/hibernation mode of pc issue PC CPU is running all cooling fans are running Monitor is blank power button is flashing like it is in stand by Keyboard has no power I am not sure if mouse has power DVD drive will work but will not spin up with a disk in Upon pc restart there is no system beep monitor does not do a splash screen just stays blank So I cannot get into BIOS What I have tried already Tried to boot pc from OP System disc Swapped monitor amp keyboard with wifes pc they will work fine on hers Removed video card and reseat also swaped with a spare GTOC card Removed all hardware ie video card lan card memory disconected DVD Drive amp Hard Drive from Mo Board Then did a restart still no system beep Reinstalled all hardware and did a restart pc returned to present issue The pc to me appears to be in some sort of sleep Hibernation mode and will not wake up I hope some one may be able to help me with this issue

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/386096/stuck-in-sleephibernation-mode/
Relevancy 56.33%

I deleted accidentally (!) the hibernation file via disk cleanup and also I think cocked up some power settings on my laptop.

Now it powers on and after the Toshiba splash screen all I get is a black screen.

I have seen all the solutions about powercfg, etc but how can I actually make any changes when I can't get into it in the first place?

All the lights are on but there's nobody at home

I'd be really grateful for help as I dont want to have to leave it in anywhere if I can do it myself

A:Laptop in permanent hibernation/sleep

Well, it's always safe to back up your PC with a CD etc before doing disk changes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-in-permanent-hibernation-sleep.1064149/
Relevancy 56.33%

when i did the powercfg -LASTWAKE, it didn't show the wake source, same thing in event viewer, how do i know what's causing this?
Wake History Count - 1
Wake History [0]
Wake Source Count - 0

A:laptop wakes itself up from sleep or hibernation

Maybe this will help: Fix Windows Vista/7 Sleep mode from waking up by itself

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/433726/laptop-wakes-itself-up-from-sleep-or-hibernation/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi, so I have 10,000msecond(2.7hour) shortcut to shutdown my computer ("C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe -s -t 10000") which i use for watching films before bed, just encase i sleep half way through but I was wondering if there was a way to make a similar shortcut but instead of making your computer shutdown in a few hours make it sleep in a few hours time.

Now I know how to make a sleep shortcut but that makes the computer sleep instantly, and putting "-t 10000" at the end of "C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0" doesnt work. Apparently their is a way to do it if you install some software but I don't want that.

Anyone know if its possible with just windows command shotcuts?

A:Timed Shortcut for sleep/hibernation?

I have no ideal how to do this, wasn't even aware you could, but that's an interesting scenero.

Be interesting to see what solutions are posted.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/91959-timed-shortcut-sleep-hibernation.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I live in a place where we have power shortages from time to time. I have my Dell desktop pc attached to a UPS and i have configured the pc to go to sleep after 5 minutes when on UPS. Is there anyway to wake up the pc automatically once the power is on? I have connected my UPS with USB cable to the pc, and the pc treats the UPS as a battery. I use this pc as a media centre so this feature is something i really need.
I am on Windows 7 Ultimate.

Thanks!

A:Wake the PC from sleep/hibernation when power comes up

With it being a Dell the option may very well be hidden (with no way to unhide it), but have a look in the bios under the Power options for anything relating to "restore on power loss". If it is there it is likely set to disabled (the default on most if not all motherboards), set it to enabled and that should do it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/168771-wake-pc-sleep-hibernation-when-power-comes-up.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I left my comp on overnight and now it has either gone to a deep sleep or hibernation and it wont come on now.
I have an Acer Aspire L320 running on windows vista.
Wheb i tried to wake it up nothing happened and now comp wont work.

I have tried restarting, unplugging then starting, i thought i had tried everything but i am missing something.
When i do try to switch the comp on again the fans make a noise then nothing, does this mean that something really bad has happened?

Can anyone give me some advice and help?
I have read other hibernation problems but none of them seem to coever this problem.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:computer in sleep mode/hibernation

Hello Sandki, and welcome to Vista Forums.

See if resetting the CMOS will allow it to start again afterwards. If you are not sure what jumpers to cross on the motherboard to reset the CMOS, then you can remove the flat wide watch looking battery for a few minutes and place it back in to reset the CMOS. Be sure to unplug the computer first though.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/185705-computer-sleep-mode-hibernation.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I got a new x e notebook for school but whenever it goes into hibernation or sleep I don't know the difference it wakes up with fn key locked nbsp I use vim for programming and it requires extensive use of escape key which turns into mute hibernation/sleep Fn after key locked [x130e] while fn key is locked [x130e] Fn key locked after hibernation/sleep and greatly hinders my ability to use my laptop nbsp I once even pressed f to refresh a webpage only to find my wifi misteriously get disabled [x130e] Fn key locked after hibernation/sleep with no way to turn [x130e] Fn key locked after hibernation/sleep it back on unless I realized that fn f toggles wifi in a way that cannot be enabled via wifi options of the operating system -- I had to press fn f again but I ended up restarting my laptop nbsp I know that this is an old problem but I cannot find any definite authoritative solutions online that I can trust nbsp I heard that a BIOS update could help but I am running Ubuntu MATE operating system and don't want to take risks removing all my configuration just to install Windows so I update BIOS only to find that it won't fix anything I want to be sure it'll fix it so I can avoid being disappointed later nbsp Does anyone know a definite solution to this problem nbsp PS My current BIOS version is RET WW nbsp Thanks ahead of time Dmitry nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/x130e-Fn-key-locked-after-hibernation-sleep/td-p/3463306
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi,

As in the title, I get the blue screen everytime I log on back from sleep or hibernation to windows. I have seriously tried A LOT to solve this by reading online, included this forum. All scans show me the computer is fine. Nothing works. Windows still crashes a couple of minutes after I log back in from sleep or hibernate.

Please help me. I ran the DM log collector (see attached zip) and truly hope you can solve this problem for me.

Best Regards
Jarod

A:BSOD after sleep or hibernation mode

Please run the DM Log Collector tool again, there are only dump files saved.
Before uploading the zip, please make sure it contains at least following files18 .txt,
1 .nfo
If it doesn't, please try booting in safe mode and run the DM Log Collector tool again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/384842-bsod-after-sleep-hibernation-mode.html
Relevancy 56.33%

This happens very frequently. It happens on and off. I am running Windows 7 professional on Dell Inspiron E1505 and when my computer goes into hibernation ( it doesn't matter if it's on battery or plugged in), sometimes I can reload the computer physically. Sometimes or most times, it shows a black screen and I have to manually shut the PC up and then reload it losing everything which I had before going into hibernation.

A:Windows 7 Does not reload after hibernation/sleep

had this problem using win 7 ultimate 64 bit

I disabled hibernation and changed the power settings so my PC will not sleep but things like the monitor will switch off etc and it will goto screensave mode

now its fine

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/186562-windows-7-does-not-reload-after-hibernation-sleep.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello. My mx17 will not wake up from sleep/hibernation. I've been trying to find answers online, but kept finding different situations that depended on the persons model and specs. Any help would be appreciated.

2 ATI mobility radeon HD 5870

8g ram

Intel i7 processor

Thanks in advance.

A:Alienware mx17 sleep/hibernation

Hello,

What happens when you try to resume from Hibernation?

Run driver verifier: http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ed-473665.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/alienware-mx17-sleep-hibernation-566368.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Pleas help, BSOD happens when opening the lid of laptop.

A:BSOD when wake up from hibernation/sleep

0x116 bugchecks indicate an attempt to reset the graphics card and display driver failed to respond within the allocated time interval.
It's mainly caused by a failing GPU or bad display driver.

I suggest updating your display driver to the latest version.
If you are unsure how then here's some instructions.

How-To Install AMD Catalyst? Drivers For A Windows? Based System

I also recommend running Furmark to see if your GPU is failing (I doubt it but it's worth ruling it out as a possibility).
Follow these instructions.

Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Post back the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/330825-bsod-when-wake-up-hibernation-sleep.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi I am having a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f issue with my computer for information on the computer I have supplied a mini dump in a zip file and a proper list of what is in my computer in the help.doc

figuring it would be more easy to supply the info this way sorry

anyways any suggestion or solution is greatly appreciated and my extreme thanks in advance

A:sleep/ hibernation crash 0x0000009f

There are 3 KB articles that refer to hibernation issues and STOP 0x9f's that are listed at this link on my website: BSOD Index

They are:
KB 975599 Stop error when you put a computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 to sleep or into hibernation, or when you restart the computer: "0x9F"

KB 977186 Error message when you try to resume a Windows 7-based or a Windows Server 2008 R2-based computer from hibernation: "Stop 0x0000009F"

KB 981848 "0x0000009F" Stop error message when a computer enters and resumes from hibernation in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 (Microsoft link here: "0x0000009F" Stop error message when a computer enters and resumes from hibernation in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 )

The memory dump blames netr28x.sys. This is a component of your Ralink RT2860 series Wireless LAN Card (you may have a different manufacturer) Please do the following:
- download the latest Win7 driver for your card from the manufacturer's website. If Win7 drivers aren't available there, try this link: Ralink corp.
- uninstall the current drivers/software for the wireless card
- install the freshly downloaded drivers and monitor for further BSOD's.

Also, please remove or update these older drivers that were loaded at the time of the crash. Don't use Windows Update or the Update drivers function of Device Manager.
Please use the following instructions to locate the most currently available drivers to replace the one's that you uninstall OR remove:

Quote:
How To Find Drivers:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.

- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: http://www.carrona.org/drvrdown.html

Here's the older drivers. Please pay particular attention to any dated 2007 or earlier:

Code:
000.fcl Fri Sep 26 09:11:22 2008 - CyberLink FCL Driver - http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#000.fcl
AsIO.sys Mon Dec 17 04:11:49 2007 - Asus PCProbe Utility - http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#AsIO.sys
pcouffin.sys Tue Dec 05 09:39:30 2006 - low level access layer for CD devices (A part of many different CD/DVD burning programs) - http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#pcouffin.sys
pe3ah4nb.sys Thu Jul 19 10:45:43 2007 - DiRT Environment Driver by Codemasters - http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#pe3ah4nb.sys
pnarp.sys Tue Oct 28 01:57:00 2008 - Pure Networks, Inc. Network Magic Address Resolution Protocol Driver - http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#pnarp.sys
ps6ah4nb.sys Thu Jul 19 10:43:46 2007 - DiRT Synchronization Driver by Codemasters - http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#ps6ah4nb.sys
purendis.sys Tue Oct 28 00:31:28 2008 - Pure Networks, Inc. Network Magic NDIS Relay Driver - http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#purendis.sys
Summary of the BSOD:

Code:
Built by: 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Sat May 29 12:59:13.781 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:10:27.921
BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa800abd5a20, fffff8000416d518, fffffa800e73b450}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for netr28x.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for netr28x.sys
Probably caused by : netr28x.sys
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/88110-sleep-hibernation-crash-0x0000009f.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi, hope you'll help me.
Got repeatedly BSOD when turning to hibernation/sleep mode.
Information:
- Windows 7 x86 (32 bit)
- original OEM version
- Computer was purchased in December 2010
Many thanks!

A:BSOD - hibernation/sleep mode

Hi there,

This seems pretty straightforward, with your Broadcom network drivers as the cause. Install these updated ones: Broadcom.com - Ethernet NIC NetLink Driver Downloads
Code:
k57nd60x.sys Sat May 15 08:51:27 2010 (4BEE98CF)
See if that does the trick; if not, post back with a new report.

...Summary of the dumps:

Code:

Built by: 7600.16617.x86fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Debug session time: Mon Jan 31 04:23:41.974 2011 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:09:38.098
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_3_vwifimp_IMAGE_vwifibus.sys
SystemProductName = TravelMate 5742G
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Mon Jan 31 02:13:18.504 2011 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:14:08.644
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_3_k57nd60x_IMAGE_pci.sys
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Sun Jan 30 15:01:03.119 2011 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:52:26.258
Debug session time: Sun Jan 30 14:06:26.566 2011 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 5:14:09.080
Debug session time: Sun Jan 30 08:50:58.786 2011 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:41:07.300
Debug session time: Sun Jan 23 08:27:58.831 2011 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 3:07:39.970
Debug session time: Thu Jan 20 11:15:48.485 2011 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:24:55.624
Debug session time: Thu Jan 20 08:39:52.347 2011 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:17:22.861
Debug session time: Thu Jan 20 04:42:26.349 2011 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:28:53.488

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/141593-bsod-hibernation-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Recently my Dell Inspiron N5110 intel 2.4GHZ, 4Gb Ram, Windows 7 64bit Laptop Refuses to wake from sleep or hibernate. Bios driver?? Worked fine 2 days ago and I dont have an applicable restore point... Also Video and Audio playback get choppy in any player after using not even 2 out of 4gb of RAM. Temporarily I've disabled sleep mode but when not plugged in can be a bit of a battery drainer. Any suggestions would be very helpful and aprreciated. I'm far from a computer tech... THX

A:Laptop won't wake from Sleep/Hibernation, PLZ HELP!

It seems to be a monitor issue. Also when I shut down the computer stays on but the monitor shuts off??? I'm thoroughly stumped. Plz help...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/249413-laptop-wont-wake-sleep-hibernation-plz-help.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I recently purchased an HP G42 - 240US. HP G42-230US Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

The notebook came with Windows 7 Home premium 64x.

Whenever I put the computer into sleep or hibernation mode it becomes unresponsive. The only way to get it to respond is to restart it by holding down the power button and restarting. After which, I get the msg windows has recovered from a serious error.

I had tried doing a bios update but that has not helped. The computer still freezes/crashes when the lid is closed or put in to sleep/hibernation mode.

I currently have no peripherals plugged in, and there is no biometric scanner.

Any help and or suggestions would be much appreciated.

A:New Laptop Crashes on Sleep/Hibernation

I feel your pain and have a dear friend who just had to replace her HP G50 112NR laptop for the sleep mode had fried the mobo. HP wanted $500 to fix it which was more than she paid for it. During her long conversation with HP they told her this was a recognized problem. She bought it at Office Depot and she took it back to them and their service confirmed it was a bad mobo and arranged a deal on transferring her data to a new Toshiba laptop.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/104452-new-laptop-crashes-sleep-hibernation.html
Relevancy 56.33%

OMG! It's here again:
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...ml#post1216715
It was working two days and now - the same problem.
Could you please help me?
Thank you very much!

A:BSOD - hibernation/sleep mode - again

Quote: Originally Posted by hlavica

OMG! It's here again:
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...ml#post1216715
It was working two days and now - the same problem.
Could you please help me?
Thank you very much!

These were caused by your K57nd60x.sys, Broadcom NetLink Gigabit Ethernet NDIS6.x Unified Driver..
I would re-install it with the newest revision.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/142028-bsod-hibernation-sleep-mode-again.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello!

After I updated Windows
8 to Windows 8.1 system
stops processing incoming connections (PPTP,L2TP) after
sleep or hibernation.

Process System (PID 4) does not open
port 1723. Does not work PPTP,
or L2TP. No records in logs are present. Restart the service
"Routing and Remote Access"
does not solve the problem. Reinstallation of system doesn't solve a problem. The problem disappears after reboot.

The only way to avoid the bug -
stop the service "Routing and Remote Access"
before going into sleep mode or hibernation
and then start it after waking up the system.

There is a suspicion that this is a bug
in the system kernel. What could be the
problem and where to start searching for a solution?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/92541f86-7638-4fdb-b212-ea5655eb593b/vpn-server-does-not-work-after-sleep-or-hibernation?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 56.33%

First hope this is the right forum to post this issue Has anyone had any luck seeting up one power plan that will successfully hibernate on a set time-out when you are running on batteries and sleep on a set time-out if you are running on wall power When I try setting up a plan that way at some point it will not seem to ever hibernate I have followed the power plan tutorials herein which are detailed and quite helpful I think pretty much to the T To make my system hibernate consustently on a time-out it seems that I have to have it hibernate when on batteries and hibernate when on wall and Sleep Plan a Within Power Hibernation power which I prefer it to sleep You can't have it do both hibernate from batteries and sleep if you Hibernation and Sleep Within a Power Plan are on wall power At least that seems to be the case with my inconsistent power plan performance Hopefully I have explained this so it makes sense Hibernation and Sleep Within a Power Plan

A:Hibernation and Sleep Within a Power Plan

Do both sleep and hibernate appear in the Advanced power options lists for your laptop?

Try setting sleep at one minute and hibernate at 3 minutes to test both modes.

If either fail to appear then it is a graphics driver issue.

if they fail to trigger then it can be many things, first suspect is wake timers in Power Mgmt. tab of mouse and keyboard drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/36699-hibernation-sleep-within-power-plan.html
Relevancy 56.33%

My laptop is a HP ProBook 4445s with AMD A8-4500m APU, and is a fairly recent model. It has been experiencing random BSODs when entering sleep or hibernation, so I never get to see the actual screen. I only see the error, the next time I power on. It also seems to be the same problem all the time. Since I had done a drive cleanup, SF Diagnostics can only find 2 BSOD reports, but I assure you that it has been the same problem throughout the two months I have this laptop. It is always:

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
with Bug Check Code: 0x0000009f
and always a ntoskrnl.exe issue.

All of the drivers have been updated to the latest that HP has provided here. I can not locate the driver that causes this failure, so I am hoping that people of this forum will be able to find the root cause.

A:BSOD when going to Sleep or Hibernation (HP ProBook)

Welcome

Your BSoD is caused by your Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter - Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card

Code:
>[ 16, 2] 0 0 fffffa8004fa2050 00000000 00000000-00000000
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\bcmwl664.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for bcmwl664.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for bcmwl664.sys
\Driver\BCM43XX
[ 16, 2] 0 e1 fffffa8004fa3e20 00000000 fffff80003319200-fffffa800508af90 Success Error Cancel pending
\Driver\vwifibus nt!PopSystemIrpCompletion
[ 0, 0] 0 0 00000000 00000000 00000000-fffffa800508af90

0: kd> lmvm bcmwl664
start end module name
fffff880`042d1000 fffff880`0475b000 bcmwl664 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: bcmwl664.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\bcmwl664.sys
Image name: bcmwl664.sys
Timestamp: Fri Mar 09 17:15:31 2012 (4F59E653)
CheckSum: 0048A270
ImageSize: 0048A000
Check for updates on its drivers. Or re-install the program and its drivers afresh.

Source: Driver Reference Table

Problematic Software:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\Norton 360 Public:Start Menu\Programs\Norton 360 Public
Start Menu\Programs\Norton JOSEOLIVERA-HP\admin:Start Menu\Programs\Norton JOSEOLIVERA-HP\admin
Norton is a known cause to BSoDs. Uninstall it and all its components. Replace with MSE.
→ Norton Removal Tool
→ Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

Keep us posted

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/257576-bsod-when-going-sleep-hibernation-hp-probook.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi guys,

I have tried to search in the forum for the same symptoms, but it seems my problem is different from the others.. even some of the hotfix recommended for them are not applicable for me.
Anyway, I really hope that someone can help me pinpoint what is the problem I actually have here...

Whenever I try to put the computer on sleep mode or hibernation mode, it will turn black and then stay for quite some time, then it just shutdown..
When I turn it back on, it says that there is a BSOD (I forgot to screencapture the message detail given, let me know if it's needed)

I have attached here the zip file from the SF Diagnostic Tool as instructed.

Since my zip file is more than 8MB, I have to split it into 2 files..
eddix.zip contains the most of the files needed
eddix2.zip contains old .dmp files

Thanks in advance..

A:BSOD when going to sleep or hibernation mode

Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120% (and 52%) and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known BSOD causer. Uninstall Alcohol 120% (and 52%) at first. Then download SPTD standalone installer from Disk-Tools.com, and execute the downloaded file as guided below :
Double click to open it.
Click this button only:

If it is grayed out, as in the picture, there is no more SPTD in your system, and you just close the window.
Uninstall McAfee Using McAfee Removal Tool.

Free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto start with it, but the auto start programs often conflicts and causes various problems including BSODs.
Click on the Start button
Type “msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the “Startup” tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
Now, we are seeing that the SecuRemote Miniport (c:\windows\system32\drivers\fw.sys) is causing some issues there.

Code:
8356e09c 9b0c0c8cUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\fw.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for fw.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for fw.sys
fw+0x8bc8c
It is a ZoneAlarm Driver, used in Kaspersky too.

We need to see how it is running without Kaspersky. Uninstall Kaspersky using Kaspersky Removal Tool. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.
Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/310145-bsod-when-going-sleep-hibernation-mode.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi All,

I have a strange problem. My system shutsdown unexpectedly. When I shutdown, this is what happens:

1. The system goes blank.
2. The power goes off.
3. On powering on , "Windows Resume" screen comes and I am redirected to login screen and once logged in I can see all my applications - just like hibernation.

This problem has started occuring repeatedly now. Could someone please help? I was following the other thread Vista unexpected shutdown and here are the attachments for the three files - AIDA32, CoreTemp and Process Explorer.

I don't play games. Could someone please tell me the cause of it? Only yesterday I have formatted my entire laptop thinking that might solve the problem only to face the shutdown again unexpectedly 3 times so far

I have Vista Home Premium. Please let me know if any other information is needed to be supplied. One more attachment to follow.

Regards,
Karthik

A:[SOLVED] HP Pavilion dv2000 Unexpected system hibernation

AIDA32 report. Have also included perfmon report seeing other forum again. Please ignore if its not necessary.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-hp-pavilion-dv2000-unexpected-system-hibernation-378821.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello, I'm grateful that this site is available!
My issue is with a Lenovo laptop running Vista Business. Not sure what I've done, but over the course of time the sleep and now hibernation options are not present to enable. I've tried clicking the Start button, clicking All Programs, then Accessories, Right-clicked on Command Prompt, clicked Run as Administrator, Typed powercfg -h on and press Enter.

Hibernation failed with the following error: The request is not supported.
The following items are preventing hibernation on this system.
There are one or more legacy drivers installed:
-VgaSave
An Internal system component has disabled hibernation.

Please advise on how to fix this issue... Thanks in advance for your kind help!

A:Vista Business Hibernation/Sleep Issue

Hi and welcome to TSG update your graphics driver from the lenovo support site for your model
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/product.do?doctypeind=9&template=%2Fproductselection%2Flandingpages%2FdownloadsDriversLandingPage.vm&sitestyle=lenovo

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-business-hibernation-sleep-issue.944463/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi guys!

The thread title about sums it up! When I try to wake my computer from sleep mode, my monitor gets no signal/is black. The "rest" of the computer seems to wake up just fine.

The monitor was working fine with Windows Server 2008, after sleep mode, but I just recently upgraded to windows 7.

I have already tried:

displayswitch /extend
displayswitch /internal

in a .bat file

using "Hibernate Trigger", "Power Triggers" and Windows task sheduler.

Doesn't work at all for me.

Any idea what might be wrong/how to fix it?
Any help is appretiated!

// Chris
(I've got Windows 7 Proffesional 32-bit Service Pack 1)

A:Monitor is black after sleep mode, but not hibernation

Maybe he died in sleep X.X

How did you tyed that when your monitor screen is black?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/186610-monitor-black-after-sleep-mode-but-not-hibernation.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi I am posting in regards to a blue screen error my four year old Dell XPS M laptop has suffered recently The laptop has had two hard drives throughout it's life thus far the second and current it has used since October and is a GB Seagate Momentus ST AS SATA I have never had any problems in terms of crashes or blue screens from this drive until two weeks ago when after leaving the laptop on hibernate mode for a few minutes the laptop powered itself back on while the monitor remained off Eventually the monitor turned on but all there was was a black void of a screen and the mouse cursor there also didn't seem to be any signs of it rebooting As I had never seen this before I foolishly panicked and turned the thing off by holding the power button down Unfortunately / and Laptop hibernation freezing restarting sleep after rather than restart with the usual quot windows did not shut down properly safe mode options quot message and rebooting as normal this lead to a series of boot up mishaps crashes and power button holding shutoffs which concluded with the thing just giving up and not booting to Windows at all As a consequence I had to reinstall the Laptop freezing and restarting after hibernation / sleep entire OS and all the drivers from the disks that came originally pre-installed with the laptop As this was a clean install I presumed the problem would be wiped away with the original installation data but since I feared the crash was caused by the hibernation feature I not only stopped using it but disabled the option completely using command prompt I began using sleep mode instead So two weeks later and all on the laptop seemed to be back fine the way it was before that horrible incident but again earlier tonight while putting the laptop to sleep mode it again resumed itself without a screen and then the same lone cursor Fortunately I actually waited a while this time and it managed to restart itself with nothing seemingly damaged or data lost I then receive a box with the following message Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode f BCP BCP F BCP BCP BE C OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp C Users Skull AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml C Users Skull AppData Local Temp WERAF tmp version txt I'm not sure what to make of this I am most certain it is the same problem that caused the original hibernation crash but as I was unable to record any info regarding that I can't be Unfortunately seeing as this is a past problem returning to a freshly installed OS with no new drivers added excluding the ones that came with the laptop disks which I've never had any problems with before I am concerned the problem may lie with the hardware of the laptop or the hard drive itself failing perhaps rather than any issues with drivers or software I want to make sure however which is why I am here to post the dump files for analysis I apologize for the incredibly long winded post or if my points are hard to understand If there is any info I have not included that you may need I will do my best to elaborate on it

A:Laptop freezing and restarting after hibernation / sleep

It is difficult to find patterns and debug crashes with only one .dmp file. Are you deleting .dmp files with ccleaner?

Recommendations:The one crash included in your reports was likely caused by your Intel wireless device driver. The driver is from 2007 and likely to cause problems with Windows Vista. You can update it from the following Dell site. The Dell model is different, but the device should be the same.Dell (R) Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN
You are also missing Vista Service Pack 2.Learn how to install Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (SP2)
Outdated and Problematic Drivers:You should update/replace/remove the following drivers. Any drivers that are known to cause BSODs, please remove the software or remove the drivers and then remove the device; steps to do so are given after the list of outdated drivers. If you have ASACPI.sys installed, make sure it is updated and not pre-2009; pre-2009 versions are known to cause BSODs:
giveio.sys Wed Apr 3 20:33:25 1996 (316334F5)
ADC Analyzer/SwiftForth/Disspy - ?SpeedFan?
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=giveio.sys

fanio.sys Fri Feb 16 02:05:48 2007 (45D573EC)
FanIO Driver [I8kfanGUI]
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=fanio.sys

NETw4v32.sys Wed Aug 8 09:26:03 2007 (46B9E08B)
Intel Wireless WiFi Link Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=NETw4v32.sys

nvlddmkm.sys Wed Sep 12 18:58:39 2007 (46E88B3F)
nVidia Video drivers
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvlddmkm.sys

stwrt.sys Thu Sep 13 09:29:43 2007 (46E95767)
SigmaTel Audio Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=stwrt.sys

Apfiltr.sys Wed Dec 26 04:02:44 2007 (477234D4)
Alps pointing device
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Apfiltr.sys

rsdrv.sys Thu Feb 12 06:01:46 2009 (49941DBA)

rsdrv.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

mcdbus.sys Tue Feb 24 03:42:13 2009 (49A3CF05)
MagicISO SCSI Host Controller driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=mcdbus.sys

To update drivers, make sure to download the drivers from the manufacturer and not using 3rd party programs. Your drivers should be found from your motherboard support site (ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI, etc.) or your vendor support site (Dell, HP, Toshiba, Sony, etc.) first. If you have devices you bought yourself, the drivers for those devices need to be downloaded from the manufacturer support site for those devices. If you need help, let us know.

To remove drivers, do so by uninstalling the device or software associated with the driver. Devices can be uninstalled through device manager, and then the device itself should be physically removed from the system if possible.Uninstall or change a program

Open Device Manager
Device Concerns:
Code:
Biometric Coprocessor USB\VID_0483&PID_2016\5&1397FC76&0&2 The drivers for this device are not installed.
Please install the drivers for the above device. If you are not using the device, physically remove it from the system and proceed with the general USB troubleshooting steps.General USB Troubleshooting
Software Concerns:Security Software: ??? Make sure to install security software. I recommend:Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows coupled with Malwarebytes. Do not start the free trial of Malwarebytes. Just use the standalone version, update it, and scan your computer once a week with Malwarebytes and with Microsoft Security Essentials.

After installing your security software, update it, and then run full scans today with each program. Report back the results of the scans.

3rd Party Drivers: The following is for information purposes only. My recommendations were given above. The drivers that follow belong to software or devices that... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/laptop-freezing-and-restarting-after-hibernation-sleep-681967.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Since this morning my desktop acts weird at first my keyboard gone apecrap not necessarily related to the case and shortly afterwards I ve experienced a random sleep hibernation lock up something along the lines of went into non-responding black screen and after a couple of seconds as if it did reboot I was presented to windows user selection screen followed by another instance of the same roughly one hour after the first After Hibernation/Sleep reason for Solved: no randomly like hours during which I ve not experienced any more lock ups it started doing again went to sleep and as soon as I logged back in it immediately logged Solved: Hibernation/Sleep randomly for no reason me out again Now I can t run anything even the slightest bit demanding Solved: Hibernation/Sleep randomly for no reason without being booted out of my account back into sleep Seeing how one of my RAM sticks died a couple of weeks ago for no reason I suspect my PSU going awry I m using speedfan and it did not show any abnormal temperatures during the Solved: Hibernation/Sleep randomly for no reason logoffs I ve also checked event viewer and all it does list are logoffs type Any idea what might be the cause if it indeed is Power source is there any way for me to confirm thanks in advance EDIT probably just nuked keyboard as it after a bit of research turned out to occur just when alt and tab are pressed at once nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hibernation-sleep-randomly-for-no-reason.1058119/
Relevancy 55.47%

First post, have had this problem now since installing Windows 10 for the first time. Have re-installed 10+ times, from new downloaded ISO's with hash tag checks just to make sure. Have bought all new hardware as well; CPU, PSU, Mainboard, Computer case, CPU Fan (3 of them), problem still persists, is obviously a Windows 10 problem.

CPU Fan slows to almost halt after waking up from sleep/hibernation.

System Information

A:CPU Fan slows to almost halt after waking up from sleep/hibernation

A very long shot suggestion – check your C states in bios. If they are enabled, disable and check the fan behavior.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/38681-cpu-fan-slows-almost-halt-after-waking-up-sleep-hibernation.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello guys I have been having a of Sleep/Hibernation Recurring Problem Out Coming very odd issue lately with my Windows installation Apparently my PC now randomly decides not to boot properly either from sleep or hibernation It will go into sleep just fine though managing to keep it sleeping for more than seconds has been a chore itself but sometimes Recurring Problem Coming Out of Sleep/Hibernation it won't be able to come back from sleep properly it will either black screen on me very uncommon or it will keep restarting several times until either the quot Automatic Recovery quot pops up or I manually reset it In all my years working with computers I haven't seen anything like this Services look fine running apps also look fine no virus found on a complete check of all almost TB Recurring Problem Coming Out of Sleep/Hibernation of data Right now I'm just about ready to drop the whole thing and go back to Windows but I thought I might give this forum a try it has helped me quite a bit in the past Thanks in advance for any help

A:Recurring Problem Coming Out of Sleep/Hibernation

When it comes up with a Black Screen, check to see if there is a Mouse and the ability to ctrl-alt-del into Task Manager. If that is successful, try hitting Windows Key + P and then the Down Arrow, see if it brings the Desktop back. Try that up to 4 times, the 4th to get it back to default.

It's just a theory I have about the Black Screen of Deth, maybe the system is trying to show on a "Second Screen".

I'll look through the attachment.

Ok, I see things like this in your System Event Log:

Code:
Event[20]: Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-General
Date: 2013-02-20T10:10:49.285
Event ID: 15
Task: N/A
Level: Information
Opcode: Info
Keyword: N/A
User: S-1-5-18
User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: windows-uj49s6b
Description:
Hive \SystemRoot\System32\config\DRIVERS was reorganized with a starting size of 4657152 bytes and an ending size of 4730880 bytes.

I don't like that last part. You may be due for a full CHKDSK, don't do it through the OS, use an Install Disk, from a Command Prompt.

That is only one of the entries I saw where it said it was moving important files around, this is your REGISTRY hive, there are also other ones like this:

Code:
Event[26]: Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-General
Date: 2013-02-20T10:10:49.501
Event ID: 16
Task: N/A
Level: Information
Opcode: Info
Keyword: N/A
User: S-1-5-18
User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: windows-uj49s6b
Description:
The access history in hive \SystemRoot\System32\Config\SAM was cleared updating 54 keys and creating 4 modified pages.

So it looks like your entire Registry had been re-ordered. That might cause some of these problems. So try a full CHKDSK, all data areas.

Welcome to Windows 8 Forums!

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/32529-recurring-problem-coming-out-sleep-hibernation.html
Relevancy 55.47%

If I were to let my computer go into sleep mode, if I let it go alll the way into it, I cant wake it up without having to turn it off and back on and having to log back in, not to mention losing open browser windows/tabs, and any other work.
Same with Hibernation, except, I cant stop that....
The simple answer would be to set it to not go into sleep or hibernation, but thats not a solution, just a temporary remedy.

Does anybody know some possible causes or other reasons?
or at least how to fix it?
I know Im clueless.
Edit:
Some extra details.
When I try to wake it from hibernation, my laptops lights will go on. All but the screen, and I know its not a monitor problem. Same thing with sleep mode, The lights will stop blinking, and be on, but the screens just blank.

A:Computer doesnt wake up from Sleep/Hibernation

Hello ComputerTalk-Jayson,Hybrid mode is to have the computer go to sleep first, then after the time you set will go into hibernation. That is why it is taking a bit longer since your computer is resuming from hibernation and not sleep.For you what you want, you would need to set your Power Plan settings to "Sleep" and turn off "Hybrid" and "Hibernate" like in the recommended "Sleep" settings in the tutorial below. Afterwards, the computer should wake up from sleep and be ready to go in a second or two.Power Plan Settings ChangeHope this helps,Max

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/362865/computer-doesnt-wake-up-from-sleephibernation/
Relevancy 55.47%

This is an old question going back decades but I have never got to the bottom of it Arguments against sleep and Hibernation Machine quot does not get a best Shut hardware longevity? which down or is Sleep/Hibernation: for rest quot Shut down or Sleep/Hibernation: which is best for hardware longevity? whatever that means with a non-mechanical object Does not save much power Arguments against shutdown It takes a little longer to return the machine to use Files must be closed no open files on the desktop if you want that sort of thing avoids the so-called quot rush of power into the machine which stresses it quot If there are disadvantages in both situations the estimated length of time between sleep Shut down or Sleep/Hibernation: which is best for hardware longevity? hibernation and awakening and between shutdown and re-starting is important A long period would obviously favour shutdown So Are the disadvantages above valid or indeed important and If the disadvantages are valid what is the guideline For example if the period is likely to be gt mins shut down if less sleep or hibernate Or is this like worrying about how many angels can dance on a pinhead

A:Shut down or Sleep/Hibernation: which is best for hardware longevity?

Hi everyone will have their own opinion. As for me I never shut down desktop computer. Only time is when a storm is in the area. Laptop get shutdown after use.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/374516-shut-down-sleep-hibernation-best-hardware-longevity.html
Relevancy 55.47%

So...the title says it all. The problem occurs at random after I boot up my laptop from hibernation or sleep mode. And...I'm just going to try and describe what happens:
1. Clicks on application (ex. Chrome)
2. Blue spinny thing next to the mouse appears and stays there
3. Application doesn't open/doesn't respond
4. Moves mouse to taskbar and blue spinny thing disappears
5. Proceeds to try and right click to open task manager...when I attempt to right click, nothing happens. So I try to do the CTRL + ALT + DEL method, and that doesn't work either.
6. Realizes the only thing that seems to work during this "freezed"session are my "Sticky Notes"
7. This goes on for a good half an hour, that's basically when I give up and force shut down.

Hope that explains my situation, would appreciate any and all help!! Thanks everyone

A:Laptop Hangs and Then Freezes...Usually After Hibernation/Sleep

I'm going to hazard a tentative guess at this being a memory issue. In lieu of any other suggestions (which may come, give it time for other members to see this problem), I'd suggest you download and install Memory Cleaner - Software - Koshy John .

This small program just sits happily in the background and every five minutes will clear "Working Set" memory (applications which are open now, and using chunks of memory they should have let go of by now) and the system cache (Windows stuff, who knows what Windows does?).
Note: This is something you have to set it to do in the options.

You can also trigger the two types manually, with the pair of buttons available in the interface.
As I say, hang fire for an hour or two and see if anyone else responds because I am far from familiar with this type of problem, and am only working from my own (admittedly limited) knowledge here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/252064-laptop-hangs-then-freezes-usually-after-hibernation-sleep.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi guys,

I've been getting frequent BSOD after Windows goes to Sleep. I'm getting BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO, KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR and CRITICAL_OPJECT_TERMINATION errors pretty regularly. I ran chkdsk on my C: drive and got a registry file failure. This is a fairly recent build (<8 months). Any help would be appreciated.

Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Pro
Memory: PNY 4GB DDR3 PC3-10666; PNY [email protected] DDR3 PC3-10666
Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
Monitor(s) Displays: Dell S199WFP; Generic PnP Monitor
Screen Resolution: 1440 x 900; 1280 x 1024
Hard Drives:
Seagate 1TB SATA (ST3100003 40AS SCSI)
Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB, 32 MB Cache (WDC WD20 EADS-00R6B0 SCSI)

A:Frequent BSOD after Windows goes to Sleep/Hibernation.

n00b101,

Avast can be a contributing cause of BSOD'S .
Please remove and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST.

http://files.avast.com/files/eng/aswclear5.exe

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/224340-frequent-bsod-after-windows-goes-sleep-hibernation.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have dual booted windows 7 and ubuntu 11.04 .For this I had to reinstall windows 7.I use grub loader to dual boot the os.Ever since dual booting i have problems in putting windows 7 to sleep (by closing the lid).sometimes it does sleep but other times it just shuts down and gives me the bsod error when i turn it back on

System Spec:
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 7600 Multiprocessor Free
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz
Motherboard:LENOVO Emerald Lake
BIOS:default System BIOS,WB03243506WB0109190J,45CN38WW
Graphics:NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M,Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000
Sound:Realtek High Definition Audio,Bluetooth Hands-free Audio,Intel(R) Display Audio
laptop is about 6 months old.

A:BSOD while sleep/hibernation ,error 0x0000009f

SP1 isn't installed, please do the following:

Quote:
Installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1
1. Visit the PC manufacturer's website and update ALL drivers. DO NOT use Windows Update or the "Update drivers" function of Device Manager.
2. Check Device Manager for any unknown/disabled devices - if there are unknown/disabled devices, fix them with the latest drivers from the device manufacturer's website (not the PC Manufacturer)
3. Visit Windows Update and get all updates (may take repeated visits)
4. Visit Windows Update and get Service Pack 1 (usually under Important Updates). Read these notes for installing SP1: Steps to follow before you install Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 from the Microsoft Download Center
5. Visit Windows Update and get any other available updates. May take repeated visits, but keep it up until you get several "Windows is updated" results.
If you're having difficulties with installing a Service Pack, please use the SURTool from this link: What is the System Update Readiness Tool?
Also, check out this troubleshooting link from Microsoft: Troubleshoot problems installing Service Pack 1 (SP1) for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2

I have had limited success in installing updates/Service Packs when using a "clean boot". I suspect that I'm just bypassing the problem - and that it can come back to bite me in the butt later on.

Memory dumps point to Connectify or your networking drivers.
Uninstall Connectify to see if that stops the memory dumps.
If not, then update your networking driver(s)

Also, Daemon Tools (and Alcohol % software) are known to cause BSOD's on some Win7 systems (mostly due to the sptd.sys driver, although I have seen dtsoftbus01.sys blamed on several occasions).
Please uninstall the program, then use the following free tool to ensure that the troublesome sptd.sys driver is removed from your system (pick the 32 or 64 bit system depending on your system's configuration): DuplexSecure - FAQ

Some free alternatives (I don't use them, so I can't comment on them)

MagicISO - Convert BIN to ISO, Create, Edit, Burn, Extract ISO file, ISO/BIN converter/extractor/editor

The following info is just FYI, I've already addressed the issues that I saw in the above paragraphs

- Further info on BSOD error messages available at: http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html
- Info on how to troubleshoot BSOD's (DRAFT): http://www.carrona.org/userbsod.html
- How I do it: http://www.carrona.org/howidoit.html

3RD PARTY DRIVERS PRESENT IN THE DUMP FILES
Code:

avgfwd6a.sys Sun May 22 18:33:25 2011 (4DD98F35)
sptd.sys Sun Mar 22 08:35:35 2009 (49C63097)
iaStor.sys Mon Sep 13 21:23:32 2010 (4C8ECE94)
amdxata.sys Fri Mar 19 12:18:18 2010 (4BA3A3CA)
avgmfx64.sys Sun Aug 07 23:41:46 2011 (4E3F5AFA)
AVGIDSEH.Sys Sun Jul 10 18:36:50 2011 (4E1A2982)
LhdX64.sys Mon Jan 11 10:06:58 2010 (4B4B3E92)
avgrkx64.sys Tue Sep 13 00:02:34 2011 (4E6ED5DA)
nvpciflt.sys Tue May 15 03:36:26 2012 (4FB2077A)
avgtdia.sys Sun Jul 10 18:46:53 2011 (4E1A2BDD)
avgldx64.sys Thu Oct 06 23:55:41 2011 (4E8E783D)
IntcDAud.sys Tue Dec 06 06:23:07 2011 (4EDDFB1B)
SynTP.sys Wed Dec 22 22:20:47 2010 (4D12C00F)
abv88qeh.SYS Thu Sep 06 08:09:33 2007 (46DFEDFD)
connctfy.sys Thu May 27 05:19:35 2010 (4BFE3927)
RTSUVSTOR.sys Thu Jul 28 02:12:19 2011 (4E30FDC3)
Netwsw00.sys Mon Mar 12 17:06:43 2012 (4F5E6563)
AcpiVpc.sys Fri Nov 26 03:40:25 2010 (4CEF7279)
btwampfl.sys Thu Jan 05 18:14:07 2012 (4F062EBF)
RTKVHD64.sys Tue Mar 27 05:01:50 2012 (4F7181FE)
rtsuvc.sys Wed Dec 15 03:57:03 2010 (4D0882DF)
btwavdt.sys Wed Dec 14 16:30:32 201... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/233050-bsod-while-sleep-hibernation-error-0x0000009f.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello Everyone:

I have seen the many posts about the BSOD. So I went to download the Windows Debugging Tools but each time it keeps complaining about missing files. This means I have no dumpcheck utility.

The problem occurs when I reopen my lid to wake up my laptop from sleep or hibernation. Sometimes it works fine and then other times it reboots and then after my login loads the message comes up about 'windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown'. I went to Device Manager and right click to upgrade the drivers but Windows said they were already up-to-date. I also ensured that in Windows Update, I checked the optional downloads too. However, the problem still occurred.

I am hoping that the forum members will be able to assist using the crash files that I have attached. My system specs are on my profile page. Thanks.

Regards
hikarimay10

A:BSOD when laptop waking from sleep or hibernation

Update your NIC driver:
Broadcom NetLink (TM) Gigabit Ethernet
fffff880`07278000 fffff880`072d9000 k57nd60a Sat May 15 14:51:06 2010 (4BEE98BA)

Also check for new version of these drivers:
Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
fffff880`0742b000 fffff880`07b32400 igdkmd64 Wed Sep 02 20:54:15 2009 (4A9EBF57)

Intel(R) ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller
fffff880`01271000 fffff880`0147b000 iaStor Tue Apr 13 18:44:16 2010 (4BC49F60)

Name [00000011] Atheros AR5B97 Wireless Network Adapter
fffff880`06ee1000 fffff880`07107000 athrx Fri May 07 02:00:58 2010 (4BE3583A)

Uninstall the Following programs:
Daemon Tools, make sure you get rid of the sptd.sys driver

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/258579-bsod-when-laptop-waking-sleep-hibernation.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Happened in both beta/rc and RTM where on m emachine laptop upon returning from sleep "i assume its hibernation since win 7 enters that state after X amount of minutes when sleeping" that the pc will suddenly lockup from a mouse movement or something of that sort... i remember reading some previous threads but i cant remember where they were but i do remember no one had a solid resolution. is there any way to grab a dump off this issue to debug... there is no bsod and the issue is pretty common for people. kinda surprised it hasn't been fixed yet by ms. is there any current way to disable sleep-hibernation but leave the standard manual way of going into hibernation enabled?

x32 ultimate off fresh installs that this would occur.

A:Random Freezes returning from sleep/hibernation

Quote: Originally Posted by Solace

Happened in both beta/rc and RTM where on m emachine laptop upon returning from sleep "i assume its hibernation since win 7 enters that state after X amount of minutes when sleeping" that the pc will suddenly lockup from a mouse movement or something of that sort... i remember reading some previous threads but i cant remember where they were but i do remember no one had a solid resolution. is there any way to grab a dump off this issue to debug... there is no bsod and the issue is pretty common for people. kinda surprised it hasn't been fixed yet by ms. is there any current way to disable sleep-hibernation but leave the standard manual way of going into hibernation enabled?

x32 ultimate off fresh installs that this would occur.

No bsod, no dumps. But Ms admited some machines may have problems when coming out of sleep at idle. there is a small app called insomnia, which MS released to deal with it untill it is resolved. I didnt really read the whole thread but you can searxh here for it or google insomnia.

Hppope it helps
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/28336-random-freezes-returning-sleep-hibernation.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Recently, I've found that whenever my Toshiba L505 laptop is left unused for 20 minutes and slips into sleep or hibernate mode, network connections through routers (both at home and at work) are lost: "Windows cannot find any networks," it says. Nothing short of restarting/rebooting the laptop restores them.

Lately, as well, SpyBot has found spyware with great frequency, and repeatedly, which I remove: something like "AAAWoW." And Avira finds and removes objects like TR/Kazy.2359.24 and TR/Agent.HY.298.

I've also noticed that, most of the time, my wireless mouse has become inoperable, but works again after the reboot.

I'm wondering if a virus or other intruder is corrupting some of my drivers, although I'm not sure how to check it - or if that's even the real problem. Any suggestions?

Sue

A:Lost network connection after sleep/hibernation

Sue
Lets see what you have
Run a full anti virus scan
Download and run the full malwarebytes scan. Be sure to update first.

If you are clean, I have a few tricks that may help.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/284533-lost-network-connection-after-sleep-hibernation.html
Relevancy 55.47%

This was never a problem before...

Here is what happens... I am on my laptop, when i am done with it and go to bed, i close the laptop. It remains closed throughout the day until i come home from school. I open up the laptop and the screen is just black. It does not resume its self. The computer is on though becuase i can hear the fans going and other activity. So I have to manually hold down the button to turn it off and then turn it back on, which is a great annoyance.

How can i fix this from happening?
My computer is a Toshiba Satellite 1415

A:Laptop wont recover from sleep/hibernation

Alas it's not uncommon for the computer to act in this manner, its actually "dying while asleep" for want of a better term.

More likely it dies immediately it is asked to wake up.

The cause could be any of the drivers or added hardware (if any), it's very hard to diagnose.

Laptop hardware is usually OK with hibernation, the mode was designed for use with laptop hardware in mind.

Its even possible that Windows updates may have caused a problem, with some incompatability but that is also hard to prove.

I would start by reloading every driver with the latest available from Toshibas support website.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-recover-from-sleep-hibernation.431434/
Relevancy 55.47%

First post, have had this problem now since installing Windows 10 for the first time. Have re-installed 10+ times, from new downloaded ISO's with hash tag checks just to make sure. Have bought all new hardware as well; CPU, PSU, Mainboard, Computer case, CPU Fan (3 of them), problem still persists, is obviously a Windows 10 problem.

CPU Fan slows to almost halt after waking up from sleep/hibernation.

System Information

A:CPU Fan slows to almost halt after waking up from sleep/hibernation

A very long shot suggestion – check your C states in bios. If they are enabled, disable and check the fan behavior.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/38681-cpu-fan-slows-almost-halt-after-waking-up-sleep-hibernation.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello nbsp I have upgraded my HP notebook to Windows- -PRO EDITION -bit The upgrades went fine nbsp All device drivers appear to be installed and working nbsp Operating system works fine nbsp I am having a problem with Sleep Hibrernation modes not / model this Hibernation ( ... on notebook # Sleep working nbsp When I close the lid for a few seconds and then reopen the lid the notebook Sleep / Hibernation not working on this notebook ( model # ... will not wake-up nbsp When the computer goes Sleep / Hibernation not working on this notebook ( model # ... to sleep it appears to go to hibernation Even though Sleep / Hibernation not working on this notebook ( model # ... I disabled hibernation in the system power settings nbsp When I press a key on the keyboard the notebook will not wake-up nbsp It will not wake-up from sleep or hibernation mode nbsp I need to power cycle the notebook in order to log back into the notebook nbsp My other notebook HP r dx with Intel Pentium baytrail-M platform works fine with Windows- and wake-up just fine from sleep and hibernation mode So I know this feature works with Windows- nbsp How can I fix this nbsp Do I need to install aditional drivers software nbsp Is this feature not supported on this HP notebook nbsp Thanks in advanced nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Alex nbsp nbsp -----------------------------------My hardware HP Pavillion notebook with Intel-Core-i U haswell CPU model -n Product E B UA ABA------------------------------------ nbsp Solved View Solution

A:Sleep / Hibernation not working on this notebook ( model # ...

Hi Please find the link given below might help you to fix your issue. http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03383935

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Sleep-Hibernation-not-working-on-this-notebook-model-15-n065/td-p/5292963
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi,

id like to know if anyone could help me out ?

Its like the 10th time i get this message and decide its time to find a solution,

What i remember from the BSOD is this message DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE after it crashed about 5-10 minutes after i woke it up from hibernation.Thats all i know

I have windows x64 professional.

Ive uploaded a DM LOG
Thanks.
DoeX

A:Bsod driver_power_state_failure after waking up from hibernation/sleep

Quote:
10/20/2014 9:32 AM Windows Error Reporting
Fault bucket X64_0x9F_3_POWER_DOWN_IMAGE_AiCharger.sys,
Event Name: BlueScreen
Bucket=X64_0x9F_3_POWER_DOWN_IMAGE_AiCharger.sys

Uninstall ASUS Charger. It causes BSOD everywhere it is present.

Let us know how the computer is running without it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/349480-bsod-driver_power_state_failure-after-waking-up-hibernation-sleep.html
Relevancy 55.47%

system:
winxp sp3 computer, bios supports s1 and s3.

problem:
At the login screen with no one logged on, the computer stays on over night. This only happened the other week and I haven't installed any new programs.

I have the windows powercfg idle settings for 3 minutes turn off monitor, 20 minutes sleep, 25 minutes hibernate. I have these settings applied to all accounts, including guest and admin. Only the monitor one works, the computer never goes into sleep/hibernate

No programs should be running with everyone logged off, so that shouldn't be a problem. I can manually induce sleep and hibernate, so there must be something wrong with the idle timer. I turned off the NICs ability to wake up the computer from standby, but that didn't help either. Any suggestions?

A:Computer no longer goes into sleep or hibernation when idle

I don't think those settings work when no one is logged on. Try logging on and see if it works. The monitor will work because that is it's own seperate timer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-no-longer-goes-into-sleep-or-hibernation-when-idle-381180.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a Gateway NV53 laptop with Windows 7 home premium 64 bit installed. Whenever I put it to sleep or in hibernation and then go to wake it up or turn it back on, 7/10 times it will go to a blank screen and stay that way. I then have to turn it off manually and wait for it to boot up normally. This does not happen when I shut it down, only when it hibernates or sleeps. How do I fix this? Thanks in advance.

A:Win7 freezes when woken up from sleep or hibernation

Just a guess, but try updating your motherboard/chipset drivers (to include any storage drivers) and also update your video drivers. Update them from the manufacturer's website - DO NOT use the inbuilt updating functions of Windows for this.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/win7-freezes-when-woken-up-from-sleep-or-hibernation-490632.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Windows 8.1 machines on our network, which account for about 300/10,000 total devices, lose network connectivity (Ethernet and wireless) when sleep or hibernation kicks in. We require the ability to remotely access these devices at all times for troubleshooting,
and the ability to push software and updates to them, via SCCM, at all times.

Although we need sleep and hibernation for power-saving, we do not wish for the network adapters to shut down. We have tried numerous possible solutions, including trying to exclude network adapters from power management via Device Manager (which is NOT
a listed option on our systems). I've read lots of articles and discussions online, but none that adequately address the issue.

How do you prevent sleep and hibernation from turning off network adapters on Windows 8.1 (and 10, for that matter)?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/06ea3b6d-8eef-4e3e-b4d7-baaf8749bdbf/network-interfaces-shut-down-with-hibernation-and-sleep?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 55.47%

For some reason my computer is frequently getting a BSOD after my computer returns from sleep or hibernation. I tried uninstalling newly installed software but that didn't work. What should I do? I've included an image of one of my BSOD errors and the SF Diagnostic .ZIP.

A:BSOD After Resuming From Sleep/Hibernation, Error

Perform a clean install of your SynTP.sys Synaptic Touch Pad Driver Driver Reference Table - SynTP.sys

Tip
How to clean left over drivers
Sometimes drivers remain, not completely uninstalled. Follow this tutorial for complete removal of drivers of the particular program: How to Clean Left Over Driver Files with Driver SweeperClick on the Start
► Control Panel
► Programs
► Uninstall a program
► Uninstall everything related to the software.

Delete remnants of its drivers/older drivers using Driver Sweeper

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
A driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a specific time (usually 10 minutes).
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time
Arg2: fffffa8004ee5e40, Physical Device Object of the stack
Arg3: fffff800045b1518, nt!TRIAGE_9F_POWER on Win7, otherwise the Functional Device Object of the stack
Arg4: fffffa8008b61c60, The blocked IRP

Debugging Details:
------------------

TRIAGER: Could not open triage file : e:\dump_analysis\program\triage\modclass.ini, error 2

DRVPOWERSTATE_SUBCODE: 3

IMAGE_NAME: ACPI.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4ce79294

MODULE_NAME: ACPI

FAULTING_MODULE: fffff88000f28000 ACPI

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

STACK_TEXT:
fffff800`045b14c8 fffff800`02f448c2 : 00000000`0000009f 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`04ee5e40 fffff800`045b1518 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff800`045b14d0 fffff800`02edf84c : fffff800`045b1618 fffff800`045b1618 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000001 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x33af0
fffff800`045b1570 fffff800`02edf6e6 : fffffa80`08c49658 fffffa80`08c49658 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiProcessTimerDpcTable+0x6c
fffff800`045b15e0 fffff800`02edf5ce : 000001c7`5e840f61 fffff800`045b1c58 00000000`00bf4cf0 fffff800`03054088 : nt!KiProcessExpiredTimerList+0xc6
fffff800`045b1c30 fffff800`02edf3b7 : 0000006a`6f39d2c3 0000006a`00bf4cf0 0000006a`6f39d2bc 00000000`000000f0 : nt!KiTimerExpiration+0x1be
fffff800`045b1cd0 fffff800`02ecc90a : fffff800`0304fe80 fffff800`0305dcc0 00000000`00000001 fffff880`00000000 : nt!KiRetireDpcList+0x277
fffff800`045b1d80 00000000`00000000 : fffff800`045b2000 fffff800`045ac000 fffff800`045b1d40 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiIdleLoop+0x5a

STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x9F_3_SynTP_IMAGE_ACPI.sys

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x9F_3_SynTP_IMAGE_ACPI.sys

---------
Start up
Keep less stuff at the start-up. Only anti-virus, this helps avoid driver conflicts and improves time to log in to windows.

Troubleshoot a Problem by Performing a Clean Startup in Windows 7 or Vista
How to Change, Add, or Remove Startup Programs in Windows 7

SFC /scannow to check windows for corruption:

How to Repair Windows 7 System Files with System File Checker
1. Click Start
2. In the search box, type Command Prompt
3. In the list that appears, right-click on cmd.exe and choose Run as administrator
4. In the command window that opens, type sfc /scannow and hit enter.

Daemon Tools/Alcohol %

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Pro Public:Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Pro Public
Daemon Tools (and Alcohol % software) are known to cause BSOD's on some Win7 systems (mostly due to the sptd.sys driver, although we have seen dtsoftbus01.sys blamed on several occasions). Please uninstall the program, th... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/290544-bsod-after-resuming-sleep-hibernation-error.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi!

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-CS35GN. It came pre-installed with Vista 32 bit, but I am now using a licensed institutional version of Windows 7 Professional 32-bit. There?s only one OS.

The laptop recently has a had a problem with cooling. If i was playing videos/ or even if the laptop was on for a few hours otherwise, it was shutting down immediately. But I did not get any BSODs then. I subsequently got it cleaned with a blower. But even then I had used it for a couple days after that without any BSOD.

Today, just a while back after i resumed it from sleep, it suddenly crased and showed the blue screen.

I have uploaded the SF tool report. Please let me know if you guys require anything else.

A:BSOD right after laptop was resuming from sleep/hibernation

Code:
BugCheck 50, {fdab4dc4, 0, 81fa04ff, 0}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\win32k.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k+1204ff )

Code:
Usual causes: Defective hardware (particularly memory - but not just RAM), Faulty system service, Antivirus, Device driver, NTFS corruption, BIOS
Install Service Pack 1:Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Service Pack 1 has provided many security and stability updates for Windows 7, which would be highly beneficial for your system.

>>Upload SystemInfo.txt<<Start
Type: cmd > Right-Click > Run As Adminstrator
Type this command: systeminfo.exe>C:\systeminfo.txt
Remove:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\Probit Software
Start Menu\Programs\Probit Software\Easy Driver Pro
These driver updating programs are problematic, and often install incorrect or unstable drivers.

Reduce the number of programs at startup, to avoid any driver or program conflicts:Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
Startup Programs - Change

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/286107-bsod-right-after-laptop-resuming-sleep-hibernation.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I recently upsized my SSD drive and changed from a samsung to a larger crucial drive This is a custom built computer that is on it's second MB and cpu combo and had been stable for years until just recently with the new drive addition so I do not feel it is a driver or something along these lines I am unsure if it may be RAM or just a bad windows hibernation bit on resuming 64 from or BSOD sleep upon 7 SSD I used windows home server to re-image the c drive from the samsung BSOD upon resuming from sleep or hibernation on windows 7 64 bit to to the crucial drive It ran with no problems for several weeks and then the Blue screens BSOD upon resuming from sleep or hibernation on windows 7 64 bit started on resuming from sleep and hibernation I have included the zip file from the debugging bat file as instructed from these forums I have tried to add the dump file but the uploader is telling me it is an invalid file and not accepting it The blue screen does indicate that it is a kernal data inpage error It list off half a dozen error codes as well that I can add if needed Thanks for any help you can give

A:BSOD upon resuming from sleep or hibernation on windows 7 64 bit

The uploaded zip is empty. Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/324070-bsod-upon-resuming-sleep-hibernation-windows-7-64-bit.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Whatever modem/router I use (except my old 2Wire that died in Dec. 2010), I lose connectivity after I resume/wakeup. The tray icon says "connected", but my browser (Firefox) or my email client (Thunderbird) say "no"!

A:Hibernation or sleep loses Internet connectivity!

System specs? Laptop/desktop? Router model/make?

More details please, help us help you =)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/143801-hibernation-sleep-loses-internet-connectivity.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey I was trying to add a task scheduler script to run when the computer logs off, but does Windows log off when shutting down, sleeping, or hibernating? and when does the computer switch between sleep and hibernation? And why does my computer freeze after Sleep/Hibernation (or what could I do to find out the culprit)?

Sorry for so many questions!!

A:Shutdown, LogOff, Sleep, and Hibernation Question?

hello welcome to the forums have a look at barefootkids tutorial for How to Create a Task that will Shut Down the PC Automatically
Task Scheduler : Create Shut Down PC Automatically Task
brinks tutorial
How to Enable or Disable Hibernate in Windows 7
Hibernate - Enable or Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/119772-shutdown-logoff-sleep-hibernation-question.html
Relevancy 55.47%

When I wake up Laptop from hibernation or sleep or screen saver, IE and START button are non-responsive. I have to activate task manager and click "look for solution" which re-activates IE but makes me lose everything I was working on prior to sleep/hibernation or screensaver. Or I shut down manually using power button, then re-start/reboot.

Have I programmed my PC incorrectly to sleep/hibernate or is it intrinsic VISTA prob? I never had this prob with XP or W98.

A:Post sleep/hibernation status is not normal

This is very much like my thread from a few days ago, except that the laptop was defaulting to sleep mode, and never rebooting/shutting down, but the problem remains in sleep mode.

I didn't notice a Start menu problem though, and didn't trying clicking the 'look for solution', so can't report if this would fix IE. I would be interested in the solution if anyone finds one.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/193672-post-sleep-hibernation-status-not-normal.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I'm having loads of issues with my laptop and I think it's got somethng to do with installation of Windows 10... When I leave the laptop open and on after few minutes the screen goes black but the power light is on and I can her the laptop is still working quietly but I cannot wake it up and I've tried a number of things but nothing seems to be working...? In addition, the same happens when I want to turn the laptop off; I can see the blue screen showing that the system is shutting down but then the screen goes black and the same happens - power light stays on and I can hear it working in the background but the only thing it works is to press the power button for a while and re-start it again. I'm losing will to live, please help... 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/hibernation-black-screen-sleep-windows-10-issue/td-p/5607897
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi,

I am having a problem where my laptop doesn't got into sleep / hibernation mode when the battery is running low. It just shuts down suddenly causing the machine to give me an error about not been shut down property upon reboot.

hopefully this is something pretty simple and I am missing something but can anyone point me in the right direction please?

thanks

Scott

A:windows doesnt go into sleep / hibernation mode when battery low

Fill out your system specs. Click on the link in my signature to do it. Once you do that, we can help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/241880-windows-doesnt-go-into-sleep-hibernation-mode-when-battery-low.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi,

I tried to re-install my Satellite M115-S3094 but am having some drive trouble. It was really hard getting all the drivers but I think I got everything. the one this I am missing is standby/hibernate, I tried everything I could but I don't know what is missing. Could anyone give me a resource for the drivers?

It would be great if there was somewhere with all the drivers in one place but just something for the standby/hibernate and maybe the hot-keys would be great.

Thanks

A:Missing drivers for sleep/hibernation on Satellite M115

Can you please tell us which OS do you use?
Anyway, I presume you have an US model so check for drivers on http://support.toshiba.com/drivers
Your Satellite must be listed there.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?71349-Missing-drivers-for-sleep-hibernation-on-Satellite-M115
Relevancy 55.04%

This problem has been going on already for about a month as far as I can recall The laptop turns on but the display is totally empty and Windows does not start at all This happens frequently after hibernation sleep What I do usually is I just turn the laptop off and turn it on again and the OS starts successfully but now it takes more than twice and it may be dangerous already to do such The laptop is still under warranty and I have it checked already at the store where I bought it The tech person did a few tweaks in the power settings It did work but after a little less than hrs the problem came back I am working as an architectural intern and most of the programs I use are heavy D drafting and D modeling softwares e g Autocad Sketchup and Lumion as well as Adobe Photoshop I use Sketchup very often Just mentioning this as it may have some bearing to the problem Thank you very much

A:Laptop turns on but doesn't load OS after hibernation/sleep

Hi, Welcome to SF.

I found this post from our member gergrocker. This might help.

Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker

Sleep issues are almost always caused by the display driver so I would start by updating it, or trying another. Driver Install - Device Manager

You can troubleshoot Sleep and Hibernate by setting them to 1 and 2 minutes in Power Options. Use Balanced Plan. Then work through these Sleep Mode Problems - Vista Forums.

If this is still the factory preinstalled WIn7 then that is a corrupt install which causes many of these problems, which is why most tech enthusiasts will not run it but choose to Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

At the minimum I'd Clean Up Factory Bloatware

If that doesn't help then work through these Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/308658-laptop-turns-but-doesnt-load-os-after-hibernation-sleep.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I know this has been discussed a few 7 Windows 3Dsmax ignores Hibernation rendering Sleep/ times Windows 7 Sleep/ Hibernation ignores 3Dsmax rendering but I hardly ever found a solution I was running Windows Vista for yrs and recently bought a nd pc with Windows I tried to set everything from Bios to Power Management to exactly the same as my Vista's with the exception of quot Hybrid Sleep quot which wasn't Windows 7 Sleep/ Hibernation ignores 3Dsmax rendering found in my Windows So here's the problem My Vista would be able to recognize that my pc is running rendering from my Dsmax and only starts sleep mode counter AFTER render is done Meaning it would finish up the job before going to sleep or hibernate That is what hibernation is for isn't it BUT my Windows won't It will go to sleep even when my PC is rendering as long as timer is up This is odd I cannot seem to find a solution for this and currently tempted to find a way for Dsmax to send a script to command prompt to activate sleep mode instead But this shouldn't be the way especially since previous and older versions of Windows such as Vista and XP were both able to function properly on this aspect I am running both PC in a room that is not very well ventilated and I don't want the heat to build up or waste electricity whenever I was rendering Therefore I really need this function to work Shutting off Hibernation or setting a few estimated hours is a chore and undependable I hope guru here could help me out Lastly I am new to forum hope I didn't post it in the wrong section

A:Windows 7 Sleep/ Hibernation ignores 3Dsmax rendering

Maybe one of these will help you - sleep - How to prevent a Windows 7 PC from sleeping when CPU usage is over X%? - Super User

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/372333-windows-7-sleep-hibernation-ignores-3dsmax-rendering.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi,

I'm new to the forum but was wondering if I could get some help with my computer crashing randomly. I have included the dump file. Thanks in advance if anyone is able to help.

It was working fine a while back but has recently been having issues like it not being able to come back out of sleep, or the hibernation file become corrupted.

A:BSOD, Corrupt Hibernation File, and buggy Sleep.

canon1983, it is a stop 0xD1.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck D1, {fffff8801821ede8, 5, 8, fffff8801821ede8}

***** Debugger could not find nt in module list, module list might be corrupt, error 0x80070057.

Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )

---------
According to Carrona.org, STOP 0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Usual causes: Device driver

In such a situation, it is better to enable Driver Verifier to monitor the drivers.
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
Run Driver Verifier for 24 hours or the occurrence of the next crash, whichever is earlier.

Information
Why Driver Verifier:
It puts a stress on the drivers, ans so it makes the unstable drivers crash. Hopefully the driver that crashes is recorded in the memory dump.

How Can we know that DV is enabled:
It will make the system bit of slow, laggy.

Warning
Before enabling DV, make it sure that you have earlier System restore points made in your computer. You can check it easily by using CCleaner looking at Tools > System Restore.

If there is no points, make a System Restore Point manually before enabling DV.

Tip

If you fail to get on the Desktop because of DV, Boot into Advanced Boot Options > Safe mode. Disable DV there. Now boot normally again, and try following the instruction of enabling DV again.
If you cannot boot in Safe mode too, do a System Restore to a point you made earlier.

Let us know the results, with the subsequent crash dumps, if any.

Also, upload your MSINFO32.nfo file.
Click on the start button
Type "msinfo32" (without quotes) in the search bar of the start menu, click the resulting link. It will open the System Information window.
File>Save. In the "File Name" filed, put "MSINFO32" (without Quote), give the save location to desktop, and click the "save" button.
Give the time for processing, it will save a .nfo file on your desktop.
Zip it, and upload it following the instruction.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/273320-bsod-corrupt-hibernation-file-buggy-sleep.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello This is my first post and I'm hopeful that you guys can help me with an issue I have a brand spanking new laptop un-boxed and setup days ago An overview and brief description of the problem below Overview Brand new laptop opened and set-up on Tuesday Dec th Booted with factory install of OS Windows Home After initial set-up I ran Windows Update and installed and ran all updates including an update to Windows to version Build After this I installed several applications and removed several more that I considered bloatware e g McAfee Antivirus Computer was operating fine the entire first day with no noticeable issues Problem Late in the day on Resuming Laptop Sleep/Hibernation Crashes with from BSOD no When day one I decided to run the Lenovo Companion app pre-loaded with my install It prompted me to download and install an updated Laptop Crashes When Resuming from Sleep/Hibernation with no BSOD driver which I did however after this it prompted me to restart the computer which I opted to do the next morning The computer went to sleep hibernate overnight and when I opened it to resume from sleep the next day as I logged in after seconds the screen went black and shut off not to sleep or hibernate but shut down completely I hit Laptop Crashes When Resuming from Sleep/Hibernation with no BSOD the power button and rebooted the shut down repeated more times before stabilizing Once I was up and running again I decided to reboot the machine thinking this may solve the problem when I rebooted and after a very lengthy restart on the screen minutes I got a BSOD with an error message DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE At this point I contacted Lenovo tech support and they have me do a hard reset of the laptop and then update both graphics cards drivers Intel and NVIDIA which I did Things were working OK after this with no random crashes for the remainder of the day Currently The crashes have now continued the past days but only occur in the mornings as I wake resume the machine after overnight The laptop crashes - times in a row over the course of the first - minutes just after I log-in the screen goes black all lights go off except for the power light and I have to reboot the machine oddly if I put the machine to sleep during the day for several hours and resume later in the day the crashes do not occur There are no BSODs and there are no dump or mini-dump files saved as a result of these crashes there are however several errors and warnings in the event viewer which I can share when the time comes In the meantime I've attached the SysnativeFileCollectionApp zip and perfmon zip report files as instructed for a first post Thank you in advance for your assistance The system specs overview is as follows OS - Windows x Windows original OEM pre-installed version of OS Age of computer Sept hardware Age of OS installation - days old CPU Intel Core i - HQ CPU GHz Video Cards Intel HD Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX M System Manufacturer Lenovo Exact model number Y - Touch

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/599141/laptop-crashes-when-resuming-from-sleephibernation-with-no-bsod/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi, i'm very new to these forums. ive had this problem for quite a while and i want to pinpoint why i'm getting BSOD. when i put my computer to sleep or hibernation, and wake it up my laptop restarts and i m prompted with the error:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000007e
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
BCP2: FFFFF880099E6824
BCP3: FFFFF8800B0734F8
BCP4: FFFFF8800B072D50
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

I will attach the mini-dump file for further information.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3El...it?usp=sharing
(windows 7 home Premium 64 bit )

A:BSOD occurs when laptop goes under sleep or Hibernation, 0x1000007e

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/278757-bsod-occurs-when-laptop-goes-under-sleep-hibernation-0x1000007e.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Processor Intel BSOD after sleep/hibernation - mode intelppm.sys waking from Core i - Ghz MB Cache Operating System Windows Home Premium bit RAM GB Graphics card AMD HD GB dedicated memory I'm having issues with a BSOD that only occurs when waking the computer up from sleep and hibernation mode The BSODs have been occuring for over a year now but as they have never been all that problematic i have let them pass Untill now they have not been consistent BSOD after waking from sleep/hibernation mode - intelppm.sys sometimes they BSOD after waking from sleep/hibernation mode - intelppm.sys occur once every couple of weeks sometimes once every couple of months In the last - weeks however they have begun to become a little more frequent I still put my computer into sleep mode fairly regulalry and it wakes without a problem but in the past couple of weeks i'd say it has awoken to a BSOD around times When the blue screen occurs the cause always seems to be intelpmms sys I have checked the intel website for an update on this particulalr driver and i seem to have the latest update My computer is free of viruses and malware i run a virus scan on a fairly regular basis I'm not sure what other information i can give you if you require any further information please ask When going through the process of locating the dump file i wasn't able to come across this weeks dumps So in windbg i used a dump file from last december As this is very likely to be the same blue screen i have not had any other issues with blue screens other than waking from sleep mode as the one i have recently had i thought this might be ok If someone is able to tell me how to locate the latest dump file then i'll obviously debug that one too Anyway here is the dump file Microsoft reg Windows Debugger Version AMD Copyright copy Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Windows Minidump - - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is SRV c symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal Built by amd fre win sp gdr - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff b PsLoadedModuleList xfffff f Debug session time Fri Nov UTC System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Unable to load image SystemRoot system DRIVERS intelppm sys Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for intelppm sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for intelppm sys Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck E ffffffffc fffff dda c fffff e fffff c Probably caused by intelppm sys intelppm c Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED M e This is a very common bugcheck Usually the exception address pinpoints the driver function that caused the problem Always note this address as well as the link date of the driver image that contains this address Some common problems are exception code x This means a hard coded breakpoint or assertion was hit but this system was booted NODEBUG This is not supposed to happen as developers should never have hardcoded breakpoints in retail code but If this happens make sure a debugger gets connected and the system is booted DEBUG This will let us see why this breakpoint is happening Arguments Arg ffffffffc The exception code that was not handled Arg fffff dda c The address that the exception occurred at Arg fffff e Exception Record Address Arg fffff c Context Record Address Debugging Details ------------------ EXCEPTION CODE NTSTATUS xc - EXCEPTION Privileged instruction FAULTING IP intelppm c fffff dda c f rdmsr EXCEPTION RECORD fffff e -- exr xfffff e ExceptionAddress fffff dda c intelppm x c ExceptionCode c ExceptionFlags NumberParameters CONTEXT fffff c -- cxr xfffff c rax fffffa rbx rcx b rdx fffff dda rsi fffff f r... Read more

A:BSOD after waking from sleep/hibernation mode - intelppm.sys

Hi

We need to collect some basic info to analyze and find the reason behind the crashes. So please follow the below steps.
  Upload the crash dumps for analysis
First of all make sure to set Windows to write small memory dumps in the event of a crash. 

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/174459-dump-files-configure-windows-create-bsod.html

After you got two or more BSOD , open C:\Windows\Minidump folder. Copy and  zip the entire contents of that folder to a single file  and upload to any free file hosting site of your choice. You may have to disable UAC to copy them.

Example file hosting sites :
 https://www.box.com/
 http://www.mediafire.com/
 http://www.sendspace.com

Post the download link to the dumps in next reply.

A Speccy report about your system

Generate a report about your system using Speccy by reading the guide below. Make sure to run the Speccy after running the system about one or more hour. This will give us an indication of current CPU -GPU temperature status.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323892/publish-a-snapshot-using-speccy/

Post the web link displayed by Speccy in next reply.
   A Minitoolbox log

Download Minitoolbox from the below link.
 http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/minitoolbox/

Run the tool and only select the following tick boxes.

-List last 10 Event viewer errors
    -List installed programs
    -List devices
    -List users, partition and memory size

Now click "Go" and post the output in next reply  (or upload the result.txt with dump files)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/502003/bsod-after-waking-from-sleephibernation-mode-intelppmsys/
Relevancy 55.04%

After updating to build 14271. I cant get to any windows app/setting and even thr mozilla doesnt work. After pressing one thing the windows will get stuck i cant press anything afterward.i have restarted many times and i cant reset the pc either as when it ask for password it say incorrect even thought i have reset the password already. At this point i dont know what to do anymore. Please help

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/42468-build-14271-freezing-after-boot-no-sleep-hibernation.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello I have a fairly new about a year old HP desktop that runs Vistax Ever since I brought it home it has had this same persistent problem Whenever I bring it back from sleep or hibernation the wireless adapter stops working Now my wireless adapter is Linksys Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter WUSB GC What Wireless stops Sleep/Hibernation USB working after Adapter seems to be happening Wireless USB Adapter stops working after Sleep/Hibernation is that it turns the device off during sleep hibernation and then does not or cannot turn it back on upon resume The only fix I've found for this problem is to unplug the wireless adapter and replug it in That reconnects me just fine But it's a little annoying to have to do every single time Before you Wireless USB Adapter stops working after Sleep/Hibernation ask I've tried unchecking Wireless USB Adapter stops working after Sleep/Hibernation quot allow the computer to turn off this device quot and I've messed around with the power saving options I've browsed around these forums a bit and it seems that a lot of people have this problem but I never saw a single hard solution for it Help

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/261183-wireless-usb-adapter-stops-working-after-sleep-hibernation.html